时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Mr. Solloway, thanks for coming in. | 索洛维先生 感谢你能来 |
[00:12] | Not like I had much of a choice. | 我好像没什么选择 |
[00:13] | So I read your book. | 我读了你的书 |
[00:15] | Everyone has one book in them. | 人人都能写第一本书 |
[00:16] | Almost nobody has two. | 能写第二本的就少了 |
[00:18] | Welcome to the end of the world. | 欢迎来到世界的尽头 |
[00:19] | Do you remember the first time you saw her? | 你记得第一次见她的情景吗 |
[00:21] | Like it was yesterday. | 历历在目 |
[00:23] | Ms. Lockhart, | 洛克哈特夫人 |
[00:24] | do you remember seeing him for the first time? | 你记得初次见他的情景吗 |
[00:25] | Turn her over. | 把她倒过来 |
[00:26] | – Oh, my God. – Hit her hard! | -天啊 -用力打 |
[00:28] | I remember he was holding his daughter. | 我记得他抱着他女儿 |
[00:30] | Do something! | 做点什么 |
[00:31] | You saved her life. | 你救了她的命 |
[00:33] | I’m Noah, by the way. | 对了 我叫诺亚 |
[00:34] | Helen and I are trying to raise decent human beings. | 海伦和我是在尝试培养出优秀的后代 |
[00:37] | Not just get more, spend more. | 而不是只会想怎么赚得更多 花得更多 |
[00:39] | As you accept our money for private school tuition… | 就在你拿着我们的钱交私立学校的学费… |
[00:42] | Mom, stop trying to pick a fight with my husband. | 妈 别和我丈夫吵架 |
[00:45] | This is Harry, my agent. | 这是哈里 我的经纪人 |
[00:46] | So Bruce tells me that | 布鲁斯告诉我 |
[00:47] | you’re working on something new this summer? | 你这个夏天打算写一些新东西 |
[00:48] | Uh, well, I haven’t really gotten too far with it. | 目前我还没有太多进展 |
[00:51] | Excuse me, sir, you ordered a whiskey. | 打扰一下 先生 你点的威士忌 |
[00:53] | Is she flirting with you? | 她是在跟你调情吗 |
[00:54] | You wanna get out of here? | 想出去走走吗 |
[00:56] | There’s this hypothesis in theoretical physics. | 我很喜欢一个理论物理学的假设 |
[00:58] | Your true life continues as is, unchanged, | 你的真实人生继续照原定路线行进 |
[01:00] | but at the moment of decision, | 但在你做出决定的那一刻 |
[01:02] | a new life splits off | 一段新的人生就此开启 |
[01:03] | into a parallel universe. | 存在于平行世界里 |
[01:05] | How is any of this relevant to what happened? | 这和之后发生的一切有什么关系 |
[01:06] | Trying to figure out if anyone might have had a motive | 想弄清楚是否有人 |
[01:08] | to kill this fella. | 存在杀人动机 |
[01:09] | I thought it was an accident. | 我以为那是一场意外 |
[01:10] | Uncle Max! | 麦克斯叔叔 |
[01:11] | I didn’t know you invited Max. | 我不知道你也邀请了麦克斯 |
[01:13] | Helen the felon. | 暴君海伦 |
[01:14] | – Hello. – Come here. | -你好 -来亲一个 |
[01:16] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[01:17] | It’s extraordinary. | 非常棒 |
[01:17] | I want it in stores by next fall. | 我要它在明年秋天之前就上架 |
[01:20] | I don’t want this life. | 我不想要这样的生活 |
[01:22] | I have to leave. | 我必须离开 |
[01:24] | I’m in love with someone else. | 我爱上了别人 |
[01:25] | I’m looking for Mr. Solloway.Is he home? | 我来找索洛维先生 他在家吗 |
[01:27] | You’re under arrest. | 你被捕了 |
[01:28] | I’ll get you out of this, I promise. | 我会救你出来的 我发誓 |
[01:30] | Do you believe me? | 你相信我吗 |
[04:11] | What the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[04:17] | Oh, shit. | 见鬼 |
[05:18] | I thought you said that you were considering it. | 你不是说会考虑吗 |
[05:20] | I did. | 是的 |
[05:22] | I thought long and hard about it. | 我很认真地考虑了 |
[05:24] | It just… | 只是… |
[05:26] | I don’t know, it just didn’t feel right to me anymore. | 我也说不上来 就是感觉不对 |
[05:30] | And so you wanna go with this ending instead? | 所以你想用这个结尾吗 |
[05:32] | I think it’s really powerful. | 我觉得这个结尾很有力 |
[05:35] | Well, what can I tell you? | 我能说什么 |
[05:36] | I don’t agree. | 我不同意 |
[05:36] | Oh, come on, Harry. | 别这样 哈里 |
[05:38] | It’s much subtler. | 这个结尾更微妙 |
[05:40] | It’s two people sitting down to dinner. | 就是两个人坐在一起吃晚餐吗 |
[05:42] | Yeah, with an unimaginable secret between them. | 对 在两个人之间有一个惊天大秘密的时候 |
[05:45] | Doesn’t have the punch of your first idea. | 不如你开始的结尾好 |
[05:47] | Murder, it’s… it’s… | 谋杀… |
[05:49] | it’s salacious. | 是很诲淫的 |
[05:50] | It’s… it’s cheap. It… | 很…廉价的 它… |
[05:51] | Well, it doesn’t have to be. | 不必如此啊 |
[05:53] | Have you read Of Mice and Men? | 你看过《人鼠之间》吗 |
[05:57] | Is that a rhetorical question? | 你这是反问我吗 |
[05:58] | Well, you may want to review it. | 那你去再看一遍 |
[06:00] | The murder at the end of that book felt surprising | 那本书里最后描写的谋杀案发生时 |
[06:03] | while it was happening | 让人意想不到 |
[06:04] | and completely inevitable in retrospect. | 却又在情理之中 |
[06:08] | Like all great endings in literature. | 就像文学作品中所有伟大的结尾一样 |
[06:12] | So what are you saying, | 那你是什么意思 |
[06:13] | you won’t publish it if I don’t change the ending? | 如果我不改结尾你就不出版了吗 |
[06:17] | I’m not saying that. | 我可没那么说 |
[06:18] | ‘Cause, you know, as generous as that advance you got me was, | 因为虽然你给我谈了笔好订金 |
[06:20] | I still only got a fifth of it. | 但我也只拿到了五分之一 |
[06:21] | That’s because that’s how advances work. | 订金都是那么给的 |
[06:24] | You’ll get the next part when you submit the final draft. | 终稿上交后才会给你剩余的部分 |
[06:28] | This is the final draft. | 这就是终稿 |
[06:32] | Maybe you should take another pass at the end. | 结尾还是再修改一下吧 |
[06:34] | No, just one more pass. | 再改一次结尾就行 |
[06:39] | Okay, maybe I should be more articulate | 好吧 可能我应该更明确地表明 |
[06:41] | about what I did appreciate in this draft. | 自己对这份稿件的认同之处 |
[06:44] | I thought bringing the feud | 我觉得把仇恨部分 |
[06:45] | to the foreground of the earlier chapters | 提前到前面几章的突出位置 |
[06:48] | worked beautifully. | 处理得很好 |
[06:49] | There’s something almost epic in the way | 你对那一家人 那四兄弟的描写 |
[06:52] | that you now depict that family, those four brothers… | 几乎可以称得上绝妙… |
[06:54] | “Almost”? | “几乎” |
[06:55] | It’s got a real East of Eden feel to me. | 让我有种看《伊甸之东》的感觉 |
[06:57] | What is it with you and Steinbeck today? | 你是有多喜欢斯坦贝克 |
[06:59] | And I love the way that you introduced Lana. | 而且我很喜欢你介绍拉娜的方式 |
[07:03] | And I gotta ask, how much of this is | 我想问问 这里面有多少 |
[07:04] | based on what happened between you and, um, | 是根据你和那位的真实事件改编的 |
[07:08] | what’s her actual name? | 她叫什么来着 |
[07:09] | It’s fiction, Harry. | 是虚构的 哈里 |
[07:12] | All right. All right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[07:18] | I know this is frustrating for you, | 我知道你不愿意 |
[07:21] | but you’re in the final stretch, buddy. | 但这都到最后关头了 伙计 |
[07:23] | Don’t go soft on me, okay? | 拿出你的最佳水平来 好吗 |
[07:25] | You have something very powerful to say. | 我知道你有让人震撼的创意 |
[07:28] | I just want you to say it. | 我只希望你能表达出来 |
[07:44] | – Noah! – Hey, Jordy. | -诺亚 -乔迪 |
[07:47] | – How’s it going? – Man, it’s been forever. | -你好 -好久不见啊 |
[07:48] | Where you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[07:49] | Uh, I… I’ve been upstate, | 我…去纽约州北边了 |
[07:52] | in a little… just a writer’s retreat. | 去静心搞写作了 |
[07:54] | Working on something new or… | 有新作品还是… |
[07:55] | – That’s right, yeah. – I can’t wait to read it. | -没错 -迫不及待想拜读一下了 |
[07:57] | You know, I feel terrible | 今年夏天 |
[07:58] | we haven’t seen more of you guys this summer. | 没怎么见到你们 真是遗憾 |
[07:59] | We’ve been meaning to have you over. | 我们一直想请你们来作客的 |
[08:01] | It’s just with the end of the school year, | 只是孩子到期末了 |
[08:02] | you know how it is. | 你也明白的 |
[08:03] | Everything’s so out of control. | 什么都手忙脚乱的 |
[08:05] | And Becca’s mother is staying with us right now, | 而且贝卡的母亲如今跟我们一起住 |
[08:07] | which makes me wanna… | 这真让我想… |
[08:09] | What are you doing tonight? | 你今晚有什么安排 |
[08:10] | Um, I… Oh, I… | 我… |
[08:12] | No, fuck, I can’t tonight. | 不行 操 今晚不行 |
[08:13] | – Daddy. – Duck. | -爸爸 -擦 |
[08:15] | I said “Duck.” | 我说的是”擦” |
[08:16] | Uh, listen, as soon as I get home, | 这样吧 等我回家 |
[08:18] | I’m gonna check the Google Calendar | 就查查行程安排 |
[08:19] | and have Becca call Helen and make a date. | 然后让贝卡打电话找海伦约起 |
[08:21] | – How’s that sound? – Great. | -怎么样 -好啊 |
[08:23] | It’s great to see you, man. You look good. | 很高兴见到你 伙计 你气色不错 |
[08:24] | You too. | 你也是 |
[08:45] | Hey, I’m Noah Solloway. Sorry I’m late. | 我是诺亚·索洛维 抱歉我迟到了 |
[08:47] | No problem, dude. We’re ready to go. | 没关系 我们可以开工了 |
[08:50] | How much stuff you got? | 你有多少东西 |
[08:54] | You know what, this is a kind of sensitive situation. | 其实现在状况有点尴尬 |
[08:56] | You just wait here. I’ll bring the stuff out. | 你们在这里等着 我去把东西拿下来吧 |
[08:59] | All of it? | 所有东西吗 |
[09:00] | Yeah, yeah. I think I can manage. | 对 我一个人应该可以搞定 |
[09:03] | All right, man. Whatever works. | 行 你说了算 |
[09:27] | Where’s Helen? | 海伦呢 |
[09:28] | She’s not here. | 她不在这里 |
[09:30] | Where did she go? | 她去哪里了 |
[09:32] | That’s none of your business. | 与你无关 |
[09:35] | Okay, I’m here to… | 好吧 我是来… |
[09:36] | I know why you’re here. | 我知道你来的原因 |
[09:38] | That’s why I’m here. | 这也是我来的原因 |
[09:44] | Can I… | 我能… |
[09:45] | Oh, by all means, come in. | 当然 请进 |
[09:51] | Kids? | 孩子们 |
[09:53] | I’ve sent them all away. | 我把他们都送走了 |
[09:56] | You sent them away? | 你把他们送走了 |
[09:57] | Yes, Noah. | 没错 诺亚 |
[09:58] | I didn’t think it would do them any favors | 我觉得不应该让他们承受 |
[10:00] | to be subjected to the traumatic consequences | 他们的父亲犯神经病 |
[10:02] | of their father’s psychosis. | 所带来的创伤性后果 |
[10:05] | Helen and I have taken the liberty | 我和海伦已经擅自 |
[10:07] | of putting most of your things | 把你的大部分东西 |
[10:08] | in the basement. | 放到地下室了 |
[10:16] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:33] | Where’s the rest of my stuff, Margaret? | 我的其他东西呢 玛格丽特 |
[10:35] | It hasn’t been appraised. | 还没有评估好 |
[10:37] | What? | 什么 |
[10:37] | Once the divorce is finalized, | 一旦离婚手续办完 |
[10:39] | we’ll have a professional make an inventory of the house | 我们会找专业人士清点家中财物 |
[10:42] | and determine the value of the rest of the property, | 并且估算出其他财产的价值 |
[10:44] | and then we’ll ship you whatever you’re owed, | 然后我们会把你的东西寄给你 |
[10:46] | or Helen can just write a check. | 或者海伦可以直接给你写张支票 |
[10:49] | Since, let’s just be honest, | 因为 说实话 |
[10:51] | what you really need is money, isn’t it? | 你真正需要的是钱 对吧 |
[11:04] | Is this all your stuff? | 这就是你所有的东西了吗 |
[11:09] | No, it’s not. | 不 不是的 |
[11:15] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你干什么 |
[11:17] | These books are mine. I’m taking them. | 这些书是我的 我要带走 |
[11:19] | Not until their value has been determined. | 要等估价之后才行 |
[11:22] | They’re paperbacks! | 这都是平装书而已 |
[11:23] | They might have sentimental value to Helen. | 它们可能对海伦有情感纪念价值 |
[11:26] | Put that back! That’s Le Creuset! | 把那个放回去 那是酷彩的锅 |
[11:27] | Noah, I’m not gonna ask you again. | 诺亚 我不想跟你说第二遍 |
[11:30] | Margaret, be reasonable. | 玛格丽特 讲点理好吗 |
[11:31] | These mugs are chipped. This pot is stained. | 这些杯子都有缺口了 这个锅都生锈了 |
[11:33] | I don’t care if they have holes in the goddamn bottom! | 我不管这些东西是好是坏 |
[11:35] | Noah, get back here! | 诺亚 你给我回来 |
[11:38] | Who do you think you are? | 你以为你是谁 |
[11:39] | This is my daughter’s house! This is her property! | 这是我女儿的房子 这是她的财产 |
[11:43] | And the fact that you had the audacity | 你对我们家 |
[11:45] | to come and show your face here | 做出了那种事 |
[11:46] | after what you’ve done to my family… | 竟然还有脸来… |
[11:48] | Absolutely not! It has to be appraised! | 绝对不行 必须等东西估价 |
[11:50] | I swear, if you don’t stop what you’re doing, | 我发誓 如果你还不住手 |
[11:53] | I’m gonna call the police. | 我要报警了 |
[11:54] | Margaret, my father painted this fucking painting. | 玛格丽特 这幅画是我父亲画的 |
[11:56] | Now if you don’t get out of my way, | 如果你不给我让开 |
[11:57] | I swear to God I’ll push you down | 我发誓我会 |
[11:58] | the fucking flight of stairs behind you, | 他妈的把你推下楼梯 |
[11:59] | and I’ll tell the coroner it was a fucking accident! | 然后告诉验尸官说是意外 |
[12:02] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[12:07] | Hey, buddy. | 哥们 |
[12:09] | I thought you weren’t here. | 我还以为你不在家呢 |
[12:20] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[12:30] | How you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[12:31] | Stomachache. | 我胃疼 |
[12:34] | What kind of stomachache? | 怎么个疼法 |
[12:36] | The kind that hurts. | 很疼的那种 |
[12:39] | Think you’re getting sick? | 生病了吗 |
[12:41] | I’ll be fine, Dad. Just leave me alone. | 我没事 爸爸 别烦我 |
[12:48] | Well, I hope you get better soon. | 希望你快点好起来 |
[12:50] | I got tickets for the Yankees tomorrow. | 我买了明天洋基队比赛的票 |
[12:53] | Spend the whole day together. | 明天我陪你一整天 |
[12:56] | Talk about what’s been going on between your mom and me, | 一起聊聊我跟你妈妈之间的事 |
[12:59] | just the two of us. | 就你我二人 |
[13:00] | I can’t go. | 我去不了 |
[13:02] | What do you mean you can’t go? | 去不了是什么意思 |
[13:04] | I have a psychologist appointment. | 我约了心理医生 |
[13:06] | You have what? | 什么 |
[13:08] | Grandma made it for me. | 外祖母帮我找的 |
[13:14] | He’s the best adolescent psychologist in the city. | 他是城里最优秀的青少年心理医生 |
[13:16] | I had to use every bit of influence I had | 我动用了所有的关系 |
[13:18] | to make this appointment. | 才能约到的 |
[13:19] | Noah, your son hasn’t been out of his room in a month. | 诺亚 你儿子都已经一个月没出房间了 |
[13:21] | I watched him play basketball last week! | 上周我还看他打篮球了 |
[13:23] | We are all incredibly worried about him. | 我们都很担心他 |
[13:25] | His stomachaches seem to be getting worse, | 他的胃疼似乎越来越严重了 |
[13:27] | especially when you come around. | 尤其是你来的时候 |
[13:33] | Margaret, I gotta ask you, | 玛格丽特 我很想问问 |
[13:34] | how the fuck do you face yourself | 每天早上你是怎么 |
[13:36] | in the mirror each morning? | 有脸面对镜子里的自己的 |
[13:39] | How the fuck do you? | 那你呢 |
[13:45] | Listen, I can’t be there to meet you. | 我不能去那里跟你们碰面了 |
[13:46] | I gotta take care of something in the city, | 我得去城里办点事 |
[13:48] | but, uh, just leave it all on the deck outside, okay? | 东西放在外面的平台上就行 好吗 |
[13:51] | Absolutely, man. You’re the boss. | 没问题 你说了算 |
[13:58] | Here you go. | 好了 |
[14:09] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[14:11] | – Hi, Dad! – Trevor, hey! | -爸爸 -特雷弗 |
[14:15] | Where have you been? I thought you were at camp. | 你去哪了 你不是去参加夏令营了吗 |
[14:17] | I hate camp. It’s too sporty. | 我讨厌夏令营 太闹腾了 |
[14:19] | But it’s theater camp, isn’t it? | 但不是戏剧夏令营吗 |
[14:22] | Yeah, but it’s outdoors in the park, | 对 可那在户外的公园里 |
[14:23] | and they want to do all these movement games. | 还要做好多运动游戏 |
[14:26] | And, like, three kids have already gotten ticks. | 已经有三个孩子被虫咬了 |
[14:28] | Did you run away? | 你逃跑了吗 |
[14:29] | It’s fine. I left a note. | 没事的 我留了纸条 |
[14:31] | Let’s go to the movies. | 我们去看电影吧 |
[14:31] | Come on, Trevor, Trevor, we have to go back to camp. | 别调皮 特雷弗 你得回夏令营 |
[14:34] | But why? Why can’t we hang out? | 为什么 我们不能玩玩吗 |
[14:36] | I can’t. I’m on my way to an appointment. | 不行 我要去赴约 |
[14:38] | What kind of appointment? | 什么约会 |
[14:40] | I’m meeting… meeting with your mom. | 我要…和你妈妈见面 |
[14:42] | I knew you’d work it out. I knew it. | 我就知道你们会和好 |
[14:44] | Whitney said you were getting divorced, | 惠特尼说你们要离婚 |
[14:45] | but I told her no, that was ridiculous. | 但我告诉她不可能 太可笑了 |
[14:50] | Okay, let’s… let’s, um… | 好吧 我们… |
[14:53] | just sit down on the stoop for a minute, come here. | 我们在台阶上坐会 来 |
[14:55] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:57] | Just… just sit down. | 坐下来吧 |
[15:01] | So what has… what has Mom said | 妈妈是怎么跟你说 |
[15:02] | about what’s happening between her and me? | 我们之间发生的事 |
[15:04] | She said you’re having a midlife crisis. | 她说你是中年危机 |
[15:08] | She did? | 真的吗 |
[15:09] | Yeah, and she said you need some time | 对 还说你需要些时间 |
[15:11] | to get your head out of your ass, | 理清自己的破事 |
[15:12] | and then you’ll be back and everything will be fine. | 然后你就会回来 一切恢复正常 |
[15:18] | Okay, listen, little man. | 好吧 听着 小子 |
[15:19] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[15:22] | I have to tell you something, and it’s gonna suck, okay? | 我有讨厌的事情要告诉你 好吗 |
[15:25] | Your mom and I, we are getting a divorce. | 你妈妈和我的确在办离婚 |
[15:29] | No. | 不要 |
[15:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:37] | I’m sorry, buddy. | 对不起 小子 |
[15:38] | I know that’s not what you wanna hear. | 我知道你不想听到这话 |
[15:40] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:43] | It’s… it’s very complicated. | 事情…很复杂 |
[15:45] | What did Mom do? | 妈妈做了什么 |
[15:46] | She didn’t do anything. | 她什么也没做 |
[15:48] | Then why are you divorcing her? | 那你为什么跟她离婚 |
[15:49] | Because we don’t get along so well anymore, | 因为我们没法再融洽相处了 |
[15:54] | and because I… | 也因为我… |
[15:57] | I fell in love with somebody else. | 我爱上了其他人 |
[16:01] | How? | 怎么会 |
[16:05] | I don’t know exactly. I just did. | 我也不清楚 但就发生了 |
[16:10] | But you’re married to Mom. | 但你都和妈妈结婚了 |
[16:13] | Look, sometimes… | 有时候… |
[16:16] | sometimes you can fall in love with somebody you’re not married to. | 有时候你会爱上没和自己结婚的人 |
[16:20] | And sometimes the way you love the person you are married to, | 又有时候 你对婚姻伴侣的爱 |
[16:22] | it can… it can change. | 会随时间改变 |
[16:26] | Can the way you love your children change too? | 那你对自己孩子的爱也会改变吗 |
[16:28] | No, no, not at all. | 永远不会 |
[16:30] | That always stays exactly the same. | 对孩子的爱永远不会变 |
[16:36] | Look, I know this doesn’t make a lot of sense to you now, | 我知道你现在还不是很明白 |
[16:38] | but I promise you one day you’ll understand. | 但我保证有一天你会的 |
[16:40] | I promise, okay? And it’s not gonna be so bad. | 爸爸保证 好吗 其实也没那么糟 |
[16:43] | I’m gonna get a new place, | 我会找个新房子 |
[16:44] | and you’re gonna have your own room. | 你也会有自己的房间 |
[16:46] | I don’t want a new room! | 我不要新房间 |
[16:47] | Trevor… Oh, fuck! | 特雷弗 该死 |
[16:49] | Ow. Trevor, come… | 特雷弗 来 |
[16:51] | Trevor, come back! | 特雷弗 回来 |
[16:57] | Oh, shit. | 可恶 |
[17:05] | Oh, fuck. | 妈的 |
[17:12] | Hi, sorry I’m late. | 抱歉迟到了 |
[17:15] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[17:16] | Oh, it’s nothing. | 没什么 |
[17:17] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[17:18] | Who’s worried? | 谁担心了 |
[17:20] | Mr. Solloway. Jeremy. | 索洛维先生 我是杰瑞米 |
[17:22] | Welcome. Have a seat. | 欢迎 请坐 |
[17:31] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[17:33] | I’m fine. | 没事 |
[17:35] | So since we’re already short on time, | 既然时间不多了 |
[17:37] | let’s dive right in. | 我们就直奔主题 |
[17:39] | I’ll start with the obvious question. | 从明显的问题开始 |
[17:40] | Have either of you been through the mediation process before? | 你们两位之前经历过离婚调解吗 |
[17:45] | And this is your first divorce, both of you? | 这也是你们第一次离婚对吧 |
[17:48] | – Yes. – Ah, excellent. | -没错 -很好 |
[17:50] | Rookies. I love rookies. | 新手 我喜欢新手 |
[17:53] | Uh, I understand | 我清楚 |
[17:55] | what a difficult time this must be for both of you, | 现在对你们一定都是艰难时期 |
[17:57] | so I will start by trying to make you feel a little better. | 所以我尽量试着让你们好过一点 |
[18:01] | You have already done yourselves a tremendous service. | 你们已经帮了自己一个大忙 |
[18:04] | You have chosen to divorce | 这种离婚方式 |
[18:05] | in what I like to call a humane way. | 我称之为人道离婚 |
[18:08] | You’re not shooting your marriage in the head. | 你们没有朝它头上来一枪 |
[18:10] | You’re not running it over with a car. | 没有开车一把撞死 |
[18:12] | You’re not dousing it with gasoline | 没有把它浇满汽油 |
[18:14] | and lighting it on fire. | 再一把火烧了 |
[18:15] | You’re just putting it humanely to sleep. | 你们只是人道地结束了这段婚姻 |
[18:19] | So just take a moment and congratulate yourselves | 所以你们可以恭喜一下自己 |
[18:23] | on, uh, on this choice. | 做出了这个选择 |
[18:32] | Congratulations, Noah. | 恭喜你 诺亚 |
[18:34] | Great. | 很好 |
[18:37] | Great. | 很好 |
[18:39] | So let me tell you how I can help. | 那我来说说我的作用 |
[18:42] | You’re both gonna tell me the issues on the table | 你们俩要开诚布公地告诉我 |
[18:44] | that are important to each of you in this process. | 调解过程中对你们重要的问题 |
[18:48] | And once we’ve got our list, | 等问题都列出来 |
[18:49] | we’ll talk about the alternatives | 就开始讨论解决方案 |
[18:51] | until we find a solution that we all can agree on. | 直到双方达成一致意见 |
[18:53] | Then I’ll write up a sort of contract in legalese, | 然后我来攥写具有法律效应的离婚协议 |
[18:56] | which is when I’ll get to put | 这时我在法学院 |
[18:57] | my three years of law school to a modicum of use. | 三年来学到的知识就派上用场了 |
[19:01] | I’ll present you with the papers. | 接着把协议书给你们 |
[19:02] | You’ll both sign, and, voila, you’re divorced. | 双方签字 然后这婚就离了 |
[19:05] | Easy-peasy. | 很简单 |
[19:06] | So I see you own a house together. | 我看到你们共有一栋房子 |
[19:10] | Is that right? | 对吗 |
[19:11] | Not exactly. | 不算对 |
[19:13] | It’s mine. | 是我的房子 |
[19:14] | Did the purchase precede the marriage? | 房子是在你们结婚前买的吗 |
[19:16] | No. | 不 |
[19:17] | Then the house is considered joint property, Mrs. Solloway, | 那它就是共同财产 索洛维夫人 |
[19:20] | even though it may be in your name. | 就算产权是在你名下 |
[19:21] | It was purchased through my trust, | 房子是用我信托基金买的 |
[19:23] | so… it’s mine. | 所以那是我的 |
[19:25] | Ah, I see. That’s a horse of a different color. | 我明白了 这完全是另一回事 |
[19:28] | And were you aware of this situation, Mr. Solloway? | 你清楚这情况吗 索洛维先生 |
[19:30] | Yeah, yeah, I was. It’s fine. | 是的 我同意 |
[19:31] | Great. | 很好 |
[19:32] | So house is going to Helen. What’s next? | 那么房子归海伦 下一项是什么 |
[19:34] | My store. | 我的商店 |
[19:35] | Keep it. | 留着吧 |
[19:37] | Are you sure, Mr. Solloway? | 你确定吗 索洛维先生 |
[19:39] | ‘Cause under New York law, | 因为纽约法律规定 |
[19:41] | any proceeds from any businesses | 任何商业收入在一段时间内 |
[19:44] | can be divisible for a period of… | 都可以分割为… |
[19:46] | Yeah, I’m sure. It’s her store. | 我确定 商店给她 |
[19:49] | Look, all I want is joint custody of the kids. | 我只想要孩子们的共同监护权 |
[19:51] | I want us to agree on a schedule of clear visitations, | 我希望能定下明确的探视时间表 |
[19:53] | and I want it in writing so that it can’t be changed. | 以书面形式约定 不得更改 |
[19:56] | You sound upset. | 你听起来很沮丧 |
[19:57] | A little, Helen, yeah. | 没错 海伦 有一点 |
[19:59] | I told you I had tickets behind home plate | 我说了我有明天棒球赛的球票 |
[20:01] | for the game tomorrow. | 还是本垒板后面的好位置 |
[20:03] | And then I find out that your mother has… | 结果发现你妈妈… |
[20:04] | He doesn’t sleep, Noah. | 他不睡觉 诺亚 |
[20:07] | He barely eats. | 饭也吃不下几口 |
[20:09] | Well, maybe he’s sick. Did you take him to the doctor? | 或许他是病了 你带他去看医生了吗 |
[20:10] | He’s not sick. He’s devastated. | 他没有病 是伤心 |
[20:13] | He didn’t say anything about that to me. | 那他怎么没跟我说过 |
[20:14] | Well, I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该怎么跟你说 |
[20:16] | Maybe he’s hiding it from you. | 或许他不想告诉你 |
[20:17] | It’s not as if you’ve been around much lately. | 反正你最近也不怎么在家 |
[20:21] | Okay, so… | 好了 |
[20:24] | So far the only issue on the table is custody, | 目前唯一的问题就是监护权 |
[20:26] | and that is a big one, believe me. | 相信我 这是个大问题 |
[20:28] | But before we tackle it, | 但解决这问题之前 |
[20:29] | is there anything else, uh, | 你们还有其他财产 |
[20:30] | you’d like to add to this list? | 想要列示出来讨论吗 |
[20:31] | Anything perhaps from you, Mrs. Solloway? | 你有想要的吗 索洛维太太 |
[20:33] | No, I want nothing from him. | 我不要他的任何东西 |
[20:35] | But would you take half of nothing? | 那给你一半你要吗 |
[20:40] | It’s a… sorry, it’s a little mediation humor. | 抱歉 是我们业内的小幽默 |
[20:44] | Not for everyone, right? | 不是每个人都觉得好笑 |
[20:47] | But, uh, moving on. What about you, Mr. Solloway? | 继续正题 你呢 索洛维先生 |
[20:50] | Any assets you wish to disclose? | 还有要披露的财产吗 |
[20:52] | Now would be the time. | 现在可以说了 |
[20:53] | I have this book that I’m writing. | 我在写一本书 |
[20:55] | Right, now I saw from my notes | 没错 我从备忘里看到 |
[20:56] | that you’ve been published, | 书已经出版了 |
[20:58] | so I imagine you got some sort of advance on this new book? | 那我猜这本新书你应该拿到预付金了吧 |
[21:00] | – That’s right. – Yeah, that is something | -对 -好 这笔财产 |
[21:02] | that we definitely should discuss, | 我们的确需要讨论 |
[21:03] | as well as any potential profits. | 也包括之后的可能收益 |
[21:07] | What? | 笑什么 |
[21:10] | The word “profits” just… it struck me as funny | 不知怎么 听到”收益”这词 |
[21:13] | for some reason in this context. | 总觉得特别好笑 |
[21:16] | In the context of my book? | 不信我的书会有收益吗 |
[21:18] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[21:20] | You’re an asshole. | 你真是混蛋 |
[21:25] | He can keep the profits and the advance. | 预付金和收益我都不要 |
[21:28] | So am I to understand that we’re taking the book off the table, | 所以这本书的收益不需要讨论了是吗 |
[21:31] | – Mrs. Solloway? – Yes. | -索洛维夫人 -是的 |
[21:34] | You two. | 你们真棒 |
[21:35] | I may even make it home today | 或许我下午回家 |
[21:36] | for a little afternoon delight. | 还来得及打一炮呢 |
[21:37] | I don’t understand | 我不明白 |
[21:38] | why you’re even asking for joint custody | 你都住在树林里的破棚子了 |
[21:40] | when you live in a shack in the woods. | 怎么还好意思要监护权 |
[21:42] | It’s a cabin. It’s not a shack. | 那是木屋 不是棚子 |
[21:43] | Where are the children going to sleep? | 孩子们要睡哪里 |
[21:44] | As soon as my book is finished, | 只要我的书一写完 |
[21:45] | I’ll get the rest of my advance, | 就能拿到剩下的预付金 |
[21:46] | and then I’ll rent an apartment in the city | 然后我就在城里租个公寓 |
[21:48] | that’s big enough for all of us. | 够我和孩子们住 |
[21:49] | Really? A four-bedroom apartment? | 是吗 四卧的公寓吗 |
[21:52] | Well, the boys can share a room if… | 儿子们可以共住一间卧室 |
[21:53] | With your advance? | 就你那点预付金 |
[21:55] | Where in the city are you looking, | 能在城里的什么位置租 |
[21:58] | Coney Island? | 科尼岛吗 |
[22:00] | It’s $400,000, Helen. | 四十万 海伦 |
[22:03] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[22:04] | You think that’s enough to afford something suitable? | 你觉得那还租不起好房子吗 |
[22:19] | Good for you. | 不错啊 |
[22:21] | Are you sure you don’t want to reconsider your claim | 你确定不要再考虑下对索洛维先生 |
[22:23] | on Mr. Solloway’s book? | 著作收益的分割吗 |
[22:24] | – No, thank you. – Okay. | -不用 谢谢 -好的 |
[22:27] | So, Mr. Solloway, your plan is to move back to the city | 索洛维先生 你计划在不久之后 |
[22:31] | in the near future? | 搬回城里吗 |
[22:32] | – That’s right. – And just so I understand this, | -没错 -根据你们刚才的对话 |
[22:34] | where are you living at this moment? | 你现在住在哪里 |
[22:36] | In a guesthouse on an estate in Cold Spring, New York. | 纽约冷泉村一间庄园的旅馆里 |
[22:40] | Living alone. Guesthouse. | 独居在旅馆 |
[22:44] | Cold Spring. | 冷泉村 |
[22:45] | But as soon as you finish your novel, | 但你一旦完成小说 |
[22:48] | you’re reasonably certain you can provide | 就基本确定自己 |
[22:50] | a comfortable living arrangement for your children | 会在孩子们家附近 |
[22:51] | in close proximity to their home? | 租住舒适的公寓对吗 |
[22:53] | I’m sorry, how many children do you have? | 抱歉 你们有几个孩子 |
[22:55] | Four. | 四个 |
[22:56] | Four! | 四个吗 |
[22:58] | Damn. | 厉害 |
[23:00] | You don’t get a lot of couples through here with four children. | 这里有四个孩子的夫妻还真不多见 |
[23:07] | Where did you find that guy? | 你从哪找的这家伙 |
[23:08] | He’s very highly recommended. | 大家都推荐他 |
[23:11] | He did the Jonathan Safran Foer, Nicole Krauss divorce, | 他帮乔纳森·萨弗兰·福尔和妮可·克劳斯离过婚 |
[23:14] | and now they live in adjacent brownstones in Brooklyn. | 现在双方还住在布鲁克林做邻居 |
[23:16] | But if you don’t like him, we can find somebody else. | 但如果你不喜欢他 我们可以换人 |
[23:18] | Do you like him? | 你喜欢他吗 |
[23:18] | I honestly don’t care. | 说实话我不在乎 |
[23:20] | I just… | 我只是… |
[23:22] | I want this to be as fast and painless as possible. | 希望这事干净利落地结束 |
[23:26] | Okay, well, yeah, I want that too. | 没错 我也是 |
[23:27] | Well, then let’s just go back. | 那我们回去吧 |
[23:29] | I mean, the sooner we figure this out, | 这些越快解决 |
[23:31] | the sooner we move on with our lives, right? | 我们越快能过自己的生活 |
[23:36] | Whitney won’t answer my calls. | 惠特尼不接我电话 |
[23:38] | Well, she’s pissed at you. | 因为她在生你的气 |
[23:40] | Yeah, well, I can’t fix that unless she talks to me about it. | 可她不愿跟我谈我也无能为力 |
[23:43] | Will you ask her to call me? | 你能让她打给我吗 |
[23:46] | Sure. | 行 |
[23:52] | Are you still seeing her? | 你还跟她在一起吗 |
[23:57] | I don’t want her anywhere near my kids. | 我不想让她接近我的孩子们 |
[23:59] | Let’s talk about this next session. | 我们下次再谈这个 |
[24:00] | That’s all I’m asking for, Noah. | 我只求这么多 诺亚 |
[24:02] | It’s the only thing I want. | 这是我唯一想要的 |
[24:04] | Well, you might not get to have everything you want, Helen. | 这世上不可能事事都如你所愿 海伦 |
[24:09] | You’re so selfish. | 你太自私了 |
[24:13] | How did I not see that all these years? | 这么多年来我居然一直没发现 |
[25:11] | How was your day? | 今天过得怎么样 |
[25:19] | Awful. | 糟透了 |
[25:23] | You wanna tell me about it? | 想谈谈吗 |
[25:26] | No. | 不想 |
[25:36] | How was your day? | 你过得怎么样 |
[25:37] | It was good. | 挺好的 |
[25:42] | What did you do? | 你做什么了 |
[25:43] | I walked to town. | 我走去了镇上 |
[25:46] | How was it? | 那里怎么样 |
[25:48] | It’s cute. | 挺不错的 |
[25:50] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[25:53] | So you’re happy here? | 这么说你在这很开心 |
[25:57] | Yeah, I am. | 是的 我很开心 |
[26:02] | Are you? | 你呢 |
[26:03] | Fuck yeah. | 当然了 |
[26:25] | Come here. | 过来 |
[26:28] | What? | 干什么 |
[26:29] | Let’s dance. | 我们来跳舞吧 |
[26:34] | There’s no music. | 可是没有音乐 |
[26:35] | There is music. | 有的 |
[26:37] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[26:39] | Come on. | 快来嘛 |
[29:04] | I didn’t know how you take it. | 我不知道你的口味 |
[29:06] | – Black’s fine. – So I added two creams and two sugars. | -黑咖啡就行 -所以我加了双糖双奶 |
[29:09] | Great. | 真好 |
[29:10] | Trust me. It’s precinct coffee. It needs help. | 相信我 这是警局的咖啡 你会需要的 |
[29:14] | Can I sit? | 我能坐这吗 |
[29:16] | Of course. | 当然 |
[29:22] | So I’m worried about your bail hearing. | 我很担心你的保释听证会 |
[29:25] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:25] | Local judge, local boy. City perp. | 本地法官 本地男孩 大城市的混蛋 |
[29:29] | Right. | 可不是吗 |
[29:30] | I’ve known this judge my whole life. | 我认识这法官很久了 |
[29:32] | He was born here. | 他在这里出生 |
[29:34] | His brothers are all cops. | 兄弟们都是警察 |
[29:36] | He was the shining star of the family. | 他是家族之光 |
[29:39] | Used to be a real nice guy, | 以前是个特别善良的人 |
[29:40] | but then his wife was killed a few years back, | 但几年前他妻子被杀死了 |
[29:42] | and it turned him hard. | 从此他变得冷酷无情 |
[29:43] | Killed, how? | 怎么被杀的 |
[29:44] | Hit-and-run. | 肇事逃逸 |
[29:48] | My advice, take a plea. | 我的建议 认罪吧 |
[29:52] | You’ll probably walk. Clean record. | 说不定你能全身而退 不留记录 |
[29:55] | Heavy fine, but you can pay it. | 罚金或许很重 但你付得起 |
[29:58] | A year’s probation. Maybe two. | 一年的察看期 或许两年 |
[30:02] | They can’t prove you were drunk. Or speeding. | 他们不能证明你喝醉了 或者是超速 |
[30:06] | They can’t even prove you actually killed him. | 甚至不能证明你确实杀死了他 |
[30:08] | No witnesses. | 没有证人 |
[30:12] | You confess, make a plea on what is basically | 你认罪 承认自己只是 |
[30:14] | leaving the scene of the accident… | 离开了事故现场 |
[30:16] | it’ll be like it never happened. | 就像什么都没发生过一样 |
[30:18] | But you go to trial with this judge | 但如果你决定出庭 这样的法官 |
[30:22] | in this political climate… | 在这样的政治环境下… |
[30:25] | I know for a fact Albany’s been getting calls. | 我知道一直有人在向奥尔巴尼施压 |
[30:28] | They’re trying to increase the minimum sentence | 他们试图把肇事逃逸致死的最低判刑 |
[30:30] | from 2 years to 15 for a fatal hit-and-run. | 从2年增加到15年 |
[30:34] | 15 years, Noah. | 15年 诺亚 |
[30:37] | 25 for vehicular homicide | 如果他们说服了陪审团 |
[30:39] | if they can convince the jury you had motive. | 你有动机 那就是25年的车祸杀人罪 |
[30:43] | You don’t want to risk that, do you, man? | 你不会想冒这个险的 对吗 |
[30:46] | You’ve got a young baby at home. | 你家里还有刚出生的孩子 |
[30:49] | You’re not crazy. | 你又不是疯子 |
[30:56] | I want… | 我要 |
[30:58] | a fucking lawyer. | 该死的律师 |
[32:09] | Oh, I’m so deep inside you. I’m filling you up. | 我插得好深 快充满你了 |
[32:11] | – Yeah. – Can you feel that? | -是啊 -你能感觉到吗 |
[32:13] | – Can you feel me? – I can feel you. | -能感觉到我吗 -感觉到了 |
[32:14] | I can feel you. You feel so fucking hot. | 我也能感觉到你 你好火热 |
[32:17] | Oh, you feel so fucking wet. | 你真的好湿 |
[32:19] | Feel so fucking good. | 太爽了 |
[32:21] | Oh, God, your ass is so tight. | 老天 你屁股太紧致了 |
[32:24] | I’m squeezing it so hard. Can you feel it? | 让我忍不住狠狠抓它 你感觉到了吗 |
[32:27] | Yeah, I can feel it. | 是的 我能感觉到 |
[32:28] | Oh, my God. | 老天 |
[32:30] | Your tits are so perfect. | 你的乳头太完美了 |
[32:32] | Oh, they’re so cute. | 太可爱了 |
[32:33] | Oh, God, I’m gonna come. Here I go. | 老天 我要射了 来了 |
[33:00] | Holy fuck. | 真他妈爽 |
[33:05] | I have literally never enjoyed sex that much with anyone. | 说真的 我从没跟人经历过如此高潮 |
[33:11] | Literally? | 真的吗 |
[33:13] | Literally. | 真的 |
[33:19] | Champagne breakfast? | 早餐来点香槟吗 |
[33:20] | Oh, no. | 别了 |
[33:22] | My God, my head is killing me. | 老天 我的头好痛 |
[33:24] | Yes, hi. | 你好 |
[33:26] | I need a protein scramble, gluten-free toast, | 我要一份高蛋白炒蛋 无麸吐司 |
[33:29] | and two almond milk cappuccinos. | 还有两杯杏奶卡布奇诺 |
[33:32] | You gotta give up that dairy. It’s gonna kill you. | 不能吃奶制品 对身体不好 |
[33:34] | You want any champagne? | 要香槟吗 |
[33:35] | No, just a fruit plate, please. | 不用了 果盘就好 |
[33:37] | Oh, and a fruit plate, please. | 再加一份果盘 谢谢 |
[33:39] | But hey, listen, make sure it’s assorted fruit, okay? | 但听着 水果种类多点 知道吗 |
[33:43] | Yeah, don’t you pad it with honeydew and grapes, you hear me? | 别光用蜜瓜葡萄充数 听到了吗 |
[33:48] | Yeah. I just bought this hotel. | 没错 我刚买下了这家酒店 |
[33:51] | That’s right, Penthouse D. | 没错 D套间 |
[33:54] | Like “Dog.” Thank you. | ABCD的D 谢谢 |
[33:57] | You know… | 知道吗 |
[33:59] | hotels have all these tricks to gouge you. | 酒店总有各种花样偷工减料 |
[34:04] | Oh, good morning, city of dreams. | 早上好 梦想之城 |
[34:08] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[34:11] | Look at this hotel room. | 瞧瞧这房间 |
[34:12] | You have to clean it up. | 你得收拾干净 |
[34:13] | Why? That’s what housekeeping’s for. | 为什么 不是有客房服务吗 |
[34:15] | But we destroyed it. It’s embarrassing. | 但被我们弄成了这样 太丢人了 |
[34:18] | You’re so adorable, I can’t stand it. | 你真可爱 我都快受不了了 |
[34:22] | Don’t worry, we’re celebrating. | 别担心 我们这是在庆祝 |
[34:24] | It’s a big deal. They understand. | 这是件大事 他们会理解的 |
[34:27] | The Greenpoint Hotel Group, | 绿点酒店集团 |
[34:28] | people have been chasing this acquisition for years. | 这些年来许多人一直试图收购 |
[34:32] | We just became a global enterprise. | 我们刚变成了一个全球集团 |
[34:34] | Our analyst pushed the price target up 16 points. | 我们的评估让价格目标增长了16个点 |
[34:38] | – I’m boring, aren’t I? – No. | -我太无趣了 是吗 -没有 |
[34:40] | – Wow, yes, I am. – No. | -不 我就是 -没有 |
[34:42] | – You hate money. – No, I don’t. | -你讨厌钱 -我不讨厌 |
[34:45] | You’re such a bohemian. That’s what I love about you. | 你总是这么有理想 我就爱你这一点 |
[34:49] | Remember… you remember when you used to make those, uh, | 还记得你以前在大学时 |
[34:54] | dream catchers in college? | 做的那些捕梦网吗 |
[34:58] | I still have mine. | 我还一直保存着 |
[35:03] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[35:06] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[35:07] | – Did I say something? – Mm-mm. | -是我说了什么吗 -不是 |
[35:09] | – Did I do something? – Mm-mm. | -是我做了什么吗 -不是 |
[35:10] | – You hate almond milk. – No. | -你讨厌杏仁奶 -没有 |
[35:11] | – Yeah, you do. – No. | -你就是 -我没有 |
[35:12] | – What? – I just… | -那怎么了 -我只是… |
[35:16] | I just have to go to this benefit tonight | 我今晚必须去参加一个慈善宴会 |
[35:20] | because my mother just joined the board of a new dance company. | 因为我母亲刚加入了一个新舞团的董事会 |
[35:25] | And Noah was supposed to go with me, | 本来是诺亚陪我去的 |
[35:27] | and now I have to go alone, and I’m dreading it. | 现在只能自己去 所以我不想去 |
[35:31] | So don’t go. | 那就别去 |
[35:32] | I have to. | 我必须参加 |
[35:34] | It’s so important to my mother. | 这对我母亲很重要 |
[35:38] | – Helen. – Hmm? | -海伦 -怎么了 |
[35:41] | You’re too nice. | 你太过善良了 |
[35:47] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:14] | How long have you been a mediator? | 你做调解人有多久了 |
[38:17] | About ten years. | 差不多十年 |
[38:21] | And you enjoy it? | 你喜欢这工作吗 |
[38:23] | Not really. | 不太喜欢 |
[38:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:28] | Yeah, it’s not that much fun watching couples bicker | 说实话 看两口子为了圣诞狗跟谁一起 |
[38:30] | about who gets the dog at Christmas, | 吵得不可开交真没什么意思 |
[38:32] | but it pays the bills, and being a lawyer sucks, so… | 但至少有钱赚 而且当律师糟透了 所以… |
[38:44] | I’m sorry he’s late. | 抱歉他迟到了 |
[38:46] | It happens. | 这种事见得多了 |
[38:48] | Probably why you’re getting divorced, right? | 或许这就是你们为什么会离婚 不是吗 |
[38:51] | Because he’s late? | 因为他迟到吗 |
[38:53] | Because he’s irresponsible, disrespectful, | 因为他没有责任感 不懂得尊重 |
[38:56] | and generally unconcerned with anyone’s needs but his own. | 而且经常不体谅别人 只考虑自己 |
[38:59] | No. | 不 |
[39:03] | We’re getting a divorce because he had an affair. | 我们离婚是因为他有了外遇 |
[39:06] | Yeah, symptom, not disease. | 没错 这是病症 不是病因 |
[39:09] | Hey, sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[39:12] | – Noah. – Jeremy. Nice to meet you. | -诺亚 -杰瑞米 很高兴认识你 |
[39:14] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[39:20] | Since we are already short on time, | 既然我们时间已经有点紧张 |
[39:22] | let’s get started. | 那就开始吧 |
[39:23] | I assume you’ve both done your homework, | 我想你们二位事先应该都有了解 |
[39:25] | so you know how this works. | 知道要怎么做了吧 |
[39:27] | – Of course. – Not really. | -当然 -没有 |
[39:29] | No. | 我不知道 |
[39:32] | Well, okay. | 那好吧 |
[39:34] | I’ll give you the quick version. | 我给你简单说一下 |
[39:36] | Um, you tell me what you wanna talk about. | 你们告诉我想谈什么 |
[39:38] | Then you talk about that stuff. | 然后各自发表意见 |
[39:39] | I’m here to referee if things get ugly. | 如果争执太大 我会调停 |
[39:42] | Eventually you come to some decisions. | 最终你们达成一些共识 |
[39:44] | I’ll write up a contract, and we can all move on with our lives. | 我来拟定合约 然后就能各走各路了 |
[39:47] | – Capisce? – Capisce. | -明白了吗 -明白了 |
[39:48] | Great. Who, uh… | 很好 那么… |
[39:51] | Who wants to start? | 谁先来 |
[39:55] | Helen? | 海伦 |
[40:01] | Okay, uh, no matter what happens here, | 好吧 无论怎么样 |
[40:04] | I…it’s very important to me | 对我来说 最重要的 |
[40:05] | that the kids maintain a good relationship with their father. | 是孩子们能跟他们的父亲保持良好关系 |
[40:09] | I want their lives disrupted as little as possible. | 我希望他们的生活能尽可能少受到干扰 |
[40:11] | So I thought that maybe we could find you a place nearby | 所以我想或许能给你在附近找个地方 |
[40:13] | and they could stay with you half the time. | 这样他们能一半时间跟你在一起 |
[40:16] | I don’t see how that’s gonna be possible. | 我不觉得这样可行 |
[40:19] | A four-bedroom apartment in New York? | 纽约的四卧公寓 |
[40:21] | I can’t afford that. | 我可负担不起 |
[40:22] | I…Yeah, I know. I thought maybe I could help you out. | 我知道 所以或许我能帮忙 |
[40:26] | With what, the negative income you make at your store? | 用什么 你那商店入不敷出的收入吗 |
[40:32] | Well, no. | 不是的 |
[40:34] | I thought my parents… | 我想我父母… |
[40:35] | Oh, fuck no. No, I am done taking fucking money | 不可能 我他妈再也不想 |
[40:38] | from your fucking parents, Helen. | 从你父母那里要钱了 海伦 |
[40:40] | How many times do I need to say that | 还要我说多少次 |
[40:41] | before it gets into your skull? | 你才能明白这点 |
[40:43] | Okay, ladies and gentlemen, I’m gonna call a time-out. Language. | 好吧二位 我打断一下 注意语言 |
[40:45] | Why are you being so awful? | 你为什么要这么刻薄 |
[40:46] | I’m sorry, I just… | 抱歉 我只是 |
[40:48] | I have a really busy schedule today. | 我今天真的很忙 |
[40:51] | I have a meeting with my editor right after this. | 在这之后我还要赶去见我的编辑 |
[40:53] | – I can’t be late. – Understood, Mr. Solloway. | -我不能迟到 -我明白 索洛维先生 |
[40:54] | If you cooperate, this goes quicker. | 只有你合作 咱们才能快点完事 |
[40:57] | Do you even want custody of them? | 你到底想不想要孩子们的监护权 |
[40:59] | Of course I do. | 我当然想 |
[41:00] | Then how do you suggest we go about it? | 那你说我们该怎么做 |
[41:01] | I need time to finish my book, | 我需要时间写完我的书 |
[41:04] | and then I’ll have some more money. | 然后我就会有钱了 |
[41:05] | Okay, until then… | 好吧 在那之前 |
[41:08] | – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 |
[41:14] | – You’re gonna postpone the divorce? – No. | -你要推迟离婚吗 -不 |
[41:20] | I-I really don’t understand what… what… | 我真的不明白他… |
[41:22] | I don’t understand what he’s trying to say. | 我不明白他到底想说什么 |
[41:24] | Mr. Solloway, you want joint custody | 索洛维先生 你想要你们孩子的 |
[41:25] | – of your children, correct? – Yes. | -共同监护权 对吗 -对 |
[41:27] | Do you have a physical space for them to live in at the moment? | 那目前你有地方可以让他们居住吗 |
[41:29] | No, not at the moment. | 目前没有 |
[41:30] | Well, that is what we are trying to figure out. | 那这就是我们现在要解决的问题 |
[41:31] | Well, can’t we just agree on joint custody now, | 我们不能先同意享有共同监护权 |
[41:33] | and then I’ll figure out the living space | 然后在我有能力之后 |
[41:36] | when I have the means? | 再来解决居住问题吗 |
[41:37] | Uh, we can. It’s a little unorthodox, | 是可以 虽然有点本末倒置 |
[41:39] | but if your wife is comfortable with it. | 但如果你妻子没意见的话 |
[41:41] | Where are you living? | 你现在住在哪 |
[41:44] | I’m living in a guesthouse in Cold Spring. | 冷泉的一栋度假小屋 |
[41:47] | Harry got it for me. | 哈里给我找的 |
[41:50] | What are you doing there? | 你在那都干些什么 |
[41:52] | Just writing. | 就写作 |
[41:54] | All the time. | 一直都是 |
[41:59] | Are you living with her? | 你跟她住在一起吗 |
[42:04] | No, Helen, I’m not. | 不 海伦 我没有 |
[42:13] | First position, ladies. Port de bras. Here we go. | 一位站好 姑娘们 手臂姿势 开始 |
[42:16] | Open. | 打开 |
[42:18] | Gorgeous. And up. | 很好 上举 |
[42:22] | Other side. | 另一边 |
[42:24] | Reach through those fingertips. | 站直 一直延伸到指尖 |
[42:26] | Rise up on your toes, and bourree, bourree, | 踮起脚尖 插秧步 |
[42:28] | bourree, bourree, bourree, bourree, bourree, bourree. Plie. | 插秧步 插秧步 蹲 |
[42:32] | And up. | 起 |
[42:34] | Let’s rise up again, up on your toes. | 再来 踮起脚尖 |
[42:36] | Bourree, bourree, bourree, bourree, bourree, bourree… | 插秧步 插秧步… |
[42:39] | Anyway, the worst part | 最可恶的是 |
[42:40] | is that he did the whole thing right under her nose, | 他居然在她眼皮底下干的这事 |
[42:43] | while they were staying at her mother’s house. | 就在他们去她母亲家度假的时候 |
[42:45] | The whole family? | 全家人都在吗 |
[42:46] | Kids and all. | 连孩子都在 |
[42:47] | How did she find out? | 她是怎么发现的 |
[42:48] | He told her. | 他自己说的 |
[42:49] | – No. – Yes. | -不会吧 -真的 |
[42:51] | He just came home one day and told her | 有一天回家他突然就对她说了 |
[42:52] | and said, “I’m leaving you.” | 还说 “我要离开你” |
[42:53] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[42:55] | – Oh, I feel sick. – Right? | -这太恶心了 -我说了吧 |
[42:58] | I mean, that can happen. | 不过这种事也经常发生 |
[42:59] | Poor Helen. | 可怜的海伦 |
[43:01] | You know, they never seemed happy to me. | 反正我看他们一直都不快乐 |
[43:03] | Yes, they did. | 不 他们挺快乐的 |
[43:04] | No, I’m telling you. | 不是的 我跟你说 |
[43:05] | He always had this dead look in his eyes. | 他眼里总是一副死气沉沉的样子 |
[43:11] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[43:13] | You look great. | 你看起来真不错 |
[43:14] | – Thanks, Sandy. – Now take places. | -谢谢 珊迪 -现在准备 |
[43:17] | Okay, ladies. Let’s take fifth position. | 好了 姑娘们 五位站好 |
[43:19] | I want three in the front and three in the back. | 三个人在前面 三个人在后面 |
[43:22] | You were amazing in there today. | 你今天跳得真好 |
[43:25] | I’ve been practicing. | 我一直有练习的 |
[43:26] | I could tell. Are you hungry? | 看得出来 饿了吗 |
[43:27] | – I’m starving. – You wanna go to the diner? | -我饿坏了 -想去餐馆吗 |
[43:30] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[43:30] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[43:32] | Oh, I’m just so glad I caught you. | 还好赶上你了 |
[43:33] | I thought you left already. | 我以为你已经走了 |
[43:34] | Well, actually, we’re on our way. | 说实话 我们已经要走了 |
[43:35] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[43:36] | I didn’t mean to be gossiping back there. | 刚才在里面我无意这么多嘴的 |
[43:38] | It’s just… I just found out, and it’s such a shock. | 只是 我刚知道 这太惊讶了 |
[43:41] | It is. Yeah, I know. | 是的 我明白 |
[43:42] | – How are you? – I’m fine, just fine. | -你怎么样 -我很好 |
[43:45] | Yeah, you’re so strong. | 你真坚强 |
[43:46] | I mean, if it were me, I would… | 如果是我 我真的… |
[43:49] | I would be on lithium, is what I would be. | 我一定会精神崩溃 只能嗑药了 |
[43:50] | Well, luckily it’s not you. | 是吗 幸好不是你 |
[43:52] | Well, listen, can I just ask you the tiniest question? | 我能问你一个小问题吗 |
[43:55] | Two seconds, I promise. | 就两秒 我保证 |
[43:56] | Um, Stacey, Carly has something to tell you, okay? | 史黛丝 卡莉有事要跟你说 |
[44:00] | She’s right over there. Just one second, okay? | 她就在那 很快的 好吗 |
[44:02] | – Carly, what did you have… – Um… did you know? | -卡莉 你要说什么… -你知道吗 |
[44:07] | – Excuse me? – Did you know that he was… | -你说什么 -你知道他当时… |
[44:09] | I mean, like, were there clues? | 我是说 有蛛丝马迹吗 |
[44:10] | You know, like things maybe you were ignoring | 比如你当时可能忽视了 |
[44:12] | but which, in retrospect, seem really obvious? | 但如今回想起来 很明显的线索 |
[44:15] | Wow, are you… Why are you asking me this? | 你这是… 为什么要问我这个 |
[44:16] | I mean, are you worried about Jeff or… | 你是担心杰夫还是… |
[44:18] | No. Jeff? Please. | 不 杰夫 别闹了 |
[44:21] | I’m the best thing that ever happened to him. | 能娶到我是他赚到了 |
[44:22] | He knows that. No, I just… | 他自己也清楚 不 我只是… |
[44:24] | I just have heard that, you know, | 我只是听说… |
[44:25] | like, there’s sometimes, like, a… | 有时候 那个… |
[44:27] | a sixth sense that women have. | 女人都会有第六感 |
[44:29] | You know, like a kind of aura? | 比如能见到光环什么的 |
[44:32] | You know, now that you mention it, | 听你这么一说 |
[44:35] | there was a sort of rainbow | 好像去年夏天 |
[44:36] | shooting out of his dick last summer. | 他的老二里确实射出了一道彩虹 |
[44:38] | I probably should have paid more attention to that. | 或许我该早点注意的 |
[44:39] | Stacey, honey, let’s go. | 史黛丝 亲爱的 我们走吧 |
[44:42] | Nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[44:44] | Come on, honey. | 走吧 亲爱的 |
[44:52] | Go ahead, honey. | 你先进去 宝贝 |
[44:58] | Trevor, what happened? | 特雷弗 怎么了 |
[45:00] | His father told him you’re getting a divorce. | 他父亲跟他说了你们要离婚 |
[45:08] | – Sweetheart. – Mom, why did you do it? | -亲爱的 -妈妈 为什么你们要这么做 |
[45:13] | I’m really sorry, honey. | 我真抱歉 亲爱的 |
[45:14] | – Come here. Okay. – Hey, Mom. | -过来 没事的 -妈妈 |
[45:17] | Mom, I can write my college essay on anything I want, right? | 妈妈 入学作文我想写什么都行 对吗 |
[45:19] | Yes, I think so. Is that what it says? | 我想是吧 要求是这么说的吗 |
[45:21] | Yes, it does. Can you please tell Grandma? | 没错 能请你告诉外婆吗 |
[45:23] | Tell Grandma? | 告诉外婆 |
[45:24] | She’s supposed to write about an experience of some significance. | 她的题目是写一段难忘的经历 |
[45:28] | Instead, she wants to write about the time | 但她却非要写那次 |
[45:30] | her father put a gun to her head. | 她父亲拿枪指着她头的事 |
[45:31] | Oh, Whitney. | 不是吧 惠特尼 |
[45:32] | He didn’t put a gun to my head! | 他没有拿枪指着我的头 |
[45:34] | Cole did! She knows this! | 是科尔 她知道的 |
[45:36] | Okay, it is significant, because not a lot of other kids | 这确实很难忘 没有多少小孩 |
[45:39] | have been through a near-death experience. | 有过这种濒死的经历好吗 |
[45:41] | I just don’t think that… | 我不认为这… |
[45:42] | I simply told her that if she couldn’t think | 我只是告诉她如果她想不到 |
[45:45] | of anything more intelligent to write about, | 其它更有意义的事来写 |
[45:47] | if she found it necessary | 如果她非要把这个家庭 |
[45:48] | to exploit this family’s private shame for her own advantage… | 见不得人的羞耻拿来为己所用的话 |
[45:51] | – Oh, Mom. – That was fine. | -妈妈 -那没问题 |
[45:54] | I just wasn’t gonna pay for anything | 只是别想让我为她 |
[45:56] | that came of it, educational or otherwise. | 这么做的后果买单 学费或其它任何开销 |
[45:58] | I’m sorry, Helen. That’s just the way I feel. | 抱歉 海伦 我就是这么想的 |
[46:00] | Dinner will be ready in 15 minutes. | 晚餐15分钟就好 |
[46:02] | Maybe this time Martin can join us. | 或许今天马丁能跟我们一起吃 |
[46:05] | It’s my college essay! | 这是我的大学申请作文 |
[46:07] | They want me to express myself! | 他们希望我表达自己 |
[46:10] | That isn’t self-expression! It’s self-indulgence! | 这不是自我表达 这是放任自流 |
[46:29] | Looks good. | 看起来不错 |
[46:32] | How was mediation? | 调解顺利吗 |
[46:36] | Fine, I think. | 还行吧 我想 |
[46:39] | Are you ready to give up this little humanitarian project, | 你能别再对他那么仁慈了 |
[46:41] | so we can litigate? | 我们好提起诉讼吗 |
[46:42] | I don’t think that’s going to be necessary. | 我不认为有这个必要 |
[46:45] | We were together for 25 years. We have four kids. | 我们在一起25年了 还有4个孩子 |
[46:47] | I’m sure we’ll be able to figure it out. | 我相信我们能解决的 |
[46:49] | Fine. What do I know? I’m just 70. | 行吧 我懂什么 不就空活了70年吗 |
[46:54] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[46:55] | Setting the table. | 布置餐桌 |
[46:56] | Helen, the car’s coming in half an hour. | 海伦 车还有半个小时就到了 |
[46:58] | I know. Can I just meet you there later? | 我知道 我能晚点再去找你吗 |
[46:59] | I just got home. I want to have dinner with the kids | 我刚回家 想跟孩子们一起吃个饭 |
[47:01] | and put Stacey to bed. | 然后哄史黛丝睡觉 |
[47:03] | I’ll be there before the cocktails are over, okay? | 我会在鸡尾酒会结束之前到的 好吗 |
[47:06] | You won’t even miss me. I promise, I promise. | 你甚至不会发现我迟到的 我保证 |
[47:08] | – Fine. Do what you like. – Thank you. | -好吧 随你喜欢 -谢谢 |
[47:35] | Yeah, this is basically inedible, isn’t it? | 这简直没法吃 不是吗 |
[47:40] | Grandma never learned how to cook. | 外婆永远学不会做饭 |
[47:41] | I can count the number of time she made me dinner on one hand | 她给我做饭的次数一只手就数得过来 |
[47:43] | Isn’t that crazy? | 是不是很难想象 |
[47:51] | You know, in some cultures, | 知道吗 在一些文化中 |
[47:52] | it’s considered rude not to answer your mother. | 不回答母亲的问题是很没礼貌的 |
[48:01] | Oh, look, it’s Justin Bieber! | 看 是贾斯汀·比伯 |
[48:02] | What? Where? | 什么 在那 |
[48:08] | Come on. | 别不开心了 |
[48:47] | Hi. Hi, can I help you? | 你好 有什么能帮到你的 |
[48:49] | Yes, Solloway. Helen Solloway. | 索洛维 海伦·索洛维 |
[48:53] | Oh, here we go. Mr. And Mrs. Solloway. | 在这呢 索洛维夫妇 |
[48:55] | – Oh, Mr. Solloway couldn’t make it? – No. | -索洛维先生无法出席吗 -是的 |
[48:58] | Uh, table nine. | 您在九号桌 |
[49:00] | Don’t have too much fun without him. | 他不在别疯过头了哦 |
[49:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[49:44] | Excuse me for one second. | 不好意思失陪一阵 |
[49:50] | Hello, gorgeous. | 你好 大美女 |
[50:00] | No, ma’am, I certainly wasn’t always in this world. | 不 女士 我也不是一直都这么世俗的 |
[50:02] | I started out as a do-gooder. Helen remembers. | 一开始我也很有理想 海伦记得 |
[50:05] | In college, all I wanted was to be a conservationist. | 大学时 我一直想成为一个生态环境保护者 |
[50:07] | I used to drag Helen | 每个暑假 |
[50:09] | and her boyfriend with me to the High Sierra | 我都会拉着海伦和她男友去山里 |
[50:12] | every summer so that I could hug each and every tree. | 这样我就能好好拥抱每一棵树 |
[50:17] | She hated it. | 她特别不喜欢 |
[50:19] | This Upper East Side girl eating gorp in the dark, | 上东区的女孩在黑暗中啃着什锦果仁 |
[50:23] | sleeping in a tent with two smelly guys. Can you imagine? | 还跟两个臭气熏天的男人睡一个帐篷 能想象吗 |
[50:27] | Actually, as I recall, Noah and I had our own… | 事实上 我记得诺亚和我有自己的… |
[50:32] | But when I graduated, I got a job at a local NGO, | 毕业后 我在本地的非政府组织里找了份工作 |
[50:35] | and it became painfully obvious to me very quickly | 很快我就清楚地发现 |
[50:38] | that, uh… how shall I say this? | 我该怎么说呢 |
[50:42] | Money makes the world go round. | 有钱能使鬼推磨 |
[50:46] | And so I realized that I could make more of an impact | 我明白了投身金融 捐出一笔巨大的资助 |
[50:48] | if I made a major financial contribution of my own | 远比在办公桌前碌碌无为 |
[50:51] | as opposed to being chained to a desk… | 要更有影响力 |
[51:01] | You know, I always thought I was gonna plan a wedding | 知道吗 我一直以为会在毕业后 |
[51:04] | for the two of you after graduation. | 给你们两个筹备婚礼 |
[51:06] | And when you came to me | 然后当你来找我 |
[51:08] | and told me you’d chosen Noah, I was shocked! | 说你选择了诺亚的时候 我惊呆了 |
[51:11] | Mom, stop it. | 妈妈 别说了 |
[51:12] | The three of them were thick as thieves in college. | 他们三个人在大学时关系可好了 |
[51:15] | You couldn’t tell who was dating who. | 你都弄不清到底谁在跟谁约会 |
[51:17] | It kept changing all the time. | 他们总是在变 |
[51:18] | Well, that’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[51:19] | Well, it was only true in my dreams, Mrs. B. | 至少在我的梦中是真的 巴特勒太太 |
[51:24] | Your daughter was the coolest, | 你女儿是威廉姆斯最有个性 |
[51:27] | prettiest girl at Williams. | 最漂亮的女孩 |
[51:29] | You know, lusting after her was something of a campus activity. | 追求她可是校园里的一大活动呢 |
[51:34] | Built school spirit. | 大大增长了学校士气 |
[51:39] | I just can’t believe I finally got her. | 真不敢相信我终于得到了她 |
[51:43] | Anyway, I think I’m gonna double | 不管怎么样 我想我今年 |
[51:45] | my donation to the alumni fund this year. | 应该会加倍捐助校友会基金 |
[51:49] | – You know, Max… – Yeah. | -知道吗 麦克斯 -您说 |
[51:50] | …if you’re serious about buying in Montauk, | 如果你真的想在蒙托克置业 |
[51:53] | let me introduce you to my realtor. | 我介绍我的地产中介给你认识吧 |
[51:54] | She’s the absolute best. | 她简直棒极了 |
[51:56] | The rest of them out there are just local crooks. | 其他那些都是群当地骗子 |
[51:58] | That would be wonderful, Margaret. Thank you. | 那太好了 玛格丽特 谢谢你 |
[52:07] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[52:11] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[52:12] | It’s a pot lozenge. For later. | 大麻含片 给你晚点用的 |
[52:19] | Watch your step. | 小心 |
[52:20] | Thank you, darling. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[52:23] | I’m gonna let you youngsters say good night. | 我就不打扰你们年轻人道别了 |
[52:27] | Max, it was fabulous seeing you there tonight. | 麦克斯 很高兴今晚能在那见到你 |
[52:31] | You really must think about getting on our board. | 你一定要好好考虑一下加入我们董事会 |
[52:33] | You have exactly the kind of perspective we’re looking for, | 你正有着我们需要的眼光 |
[52:36] | and we are desperate for an influx of youth. | 而且我们也迫切需要年轻血液 |
[52:39] | Oh, you flatter me, Margaret. I’m 45. | 您抬举我了 玛格丽特 我都45了 |
[52:41] | And I’m 62, Max. | 我还62了呢 麦克斯 |
[52:44] | We all have our weaknesses. | 我们都有自己的短处 |
[52:46] | See you soon, sweetheart. | 回头见 亲爱的 |
[52:48] | – Good night. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[52:53] | 62. So she had you when she was, what, 18? | 62岁 这么说她多大生的你 18吗 |
[52:59] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[53:00] | Oh, right. I’m an idiot. | 好吧 我真蠢 |
[53:08] | You should probably get inside before it starts to pour. | 快进去吧 要下大雨了 |
[53:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[53:25] | For being there. | 在那里陪我 |
[53:29] | It’s my pleasure. | 是我的荣幸 |
[55:08] | Hello. | 你好 |
[55:09] | Jon Gottlief, counselor to Noah Solloway. | 乔·哥特利夫 诺亚·索洛维的代表律师 |
[55:16] | Is this his wife? | 这是他妻子吗 |
[55:16] | Spouses are not allowed back. | 配偶不允许探视 |
[55:18] | No, she’s my associate. | 不 她是我的助理 |
[55:27] | Noah, stop talking. | 诺亚 什么都别再说了 |
[55:29] | Who the fuck are you? | 你他妈是谁 |
[55:31] | I’m his lawyer. Hi, Jon Gottlief. | 我是他律师 你好 乔·哥特利夫 |
[55:33] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[55:34] | I don’t know what you two have been talking about, | 我不知道你们两个在谈什么 |
[55:36] | but if you even think about admitting | 但如果你试图将他说的任何话 |
[55:38] | anything he said as evidence, | 作为呈堂证供 |
[55:40] | I will come after your badge. | 我会踹了你的饭碗 |
[55:41] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[55:43] | Get the fuck out of my precinct. | 滚出我的警局 |
[55:45] | You have mishandled this case from the beginning, sir. | 这案子你从一开始就没有正确处理 先生 |
[55:47] | The best thing I can say about you | 我只能说的是 |
[55:49] | is that you’re a victim of target blindness. | 你也被人刻意隐瞒了真相 |
[55:51] | Now, if you will excuse us. | 现在请让我们独处一阵 |
[56:06] | Noah, listen to me. | 诺亚 听我说 |
[56:07] | Your arraignment is in less than three hours. | 还有不到三小时你就要提审了 |
[56:10] | We brought you a suit. | 我们给你带了一套西装 |
[56:12] | Keep your mouth shut. | 什么都别说 |
[56:16] | I… | 我… |
[56:19] | I can’t afford you, Jon. | 我请不起你 乔 |
[56:21] | I’m paying. | 我来付 |
[56:26] | We’ll meet you at the courthouse, | 一会我们法院见 |
[56:28] | and we’ll take care of bail. | 保释金交给我们解决 |
[56:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |