时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | You have chosen to divorce | 这种离婚方式 |
[00:10] | in what I like to call a humane way. | 我称之为人道离婚 |
[00:12] | All I want is joint custody of the kids. | 我只想要孩子们的共同监护权 |
[00:14] | Do you have a physical space for them to live in at the moment? | 那目前你有地方可以让他们居住吗 |
[00:16] | As soon as my book is finished, I’ll get the rest of my advance, | 只要我的书一写完 就能拿到剩下的预付金 |
[00:18] | and then I’ll rent an apartment in the city | 然后我就在城里租个公寓 |
[00:20] | that’s big enough for all of us. | 够我和孩子们住 |
[00:20] | So you wanna go with this ending instead? | 所以你想用这个结尾吗 |
[00:22] | I think it’s really powerful. | 我觉得这个结尾很有力 |
[00:24] | What can I tell ya? I don’t agree. | 我能说什么 我不同意 |
[00:25] | Are you living with her? | 你跟她住在一起吗 |
[00:26] | No, Helen, I’m not. | 不 海伦 我没有 |
[00:28] | I don’t want her anywhere near my kids. | 我不想让她接近我的孩子们 |
[00:29] | Well, you might not get to have everything you want, Helen. | 这世上不可能事事都如你所愿 海伦 |
[00:32] | I always thought I’d be planning a wedding | 我一直以为会在毕业后 |
[00:34] | for the two of you after graduation. | 给你们两个筹备婚礼 |
[00:35] | I just can’t believe I finally got her. | 真不敢相信我终于得到了她 |
[00:37] | – Stop talking. – Who the fuck are you? | -什么都别再说了 -你他妈是谁 |
[00:39] | I’m his lawyer, Jon Gottlief. | 我是他律师 乔·哥特利夫 |
[00:41] | Any decisions concerning my husband’s | 所以任何有关我丈夫 |
[00:42] | legal representation need to go through me. | 法律代表的决定都应该先通过我 |
[00:44] | The state of New York hereby charges you | 纽约州现宣判你犯有 |
[00:46] | with Obstruction of Justice, | 妨碍司法公正 |
[00:48] | Leaving the Scene of an Accident, | 擅离事故现场 |
[00:50] | and Vehicular Homicide. | 以及蓄意驾车杀人 |
[00:52] | It’s a horrible thing to love a writer. | 爱上作家真可怕 |
[00:53] | All their secret worlds, their fantasies. | 他们有好多秘密和幻想 |
[00:56] | 《坠落》 诺亚·索洛维著 | |
[00:56] | Have you read it? | 你读了吗 |
[00:58] | Not yet. No. | 还没 |
[00:59] | Yvonne, meet your new assistant. | 伊冯娜 来见见你的新助理 |
[01:02] | Good. | 不错 |
[01:04] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[01:05] | Relax, I just came to bring you your stuff. | 别紧张 我是来帮你送东西的 |
[01:08] | Almost forgot the most important piece of the puzzle. | 差点忘了最重要的东西 |
[01:10] | I’m sure you didn’t mean to leave that behind. | 我想你一定不是故意丢下这个的 |
[02:29] | 第一话 诺亚 | |
[02:38] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[02:40] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[02:41] | You made a face. | 你表情好怪 |
[02:43] | No, it feels good. | 没有 很舒服 |
[02:44] | You sure? You can say. | 真的吗 不行就说 |
[02:45] | – No, it feels great. – Just say. | -没有 很舒服 -说就好 |
[02:49] | You sure you don’t want to stop? | 你真的不想我停下吗 |
[02:50] | No, I want you to come. | 不 我想让你高潮 |
[02:51] | I want you to come too. | 我也是 |
[02:52] | I will. Just keep going. | 我会的 继续就好 |
[03:01] | – I’m gonna come. – Yeah, me too. | -我快到了 -我也是 |
[03:03] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[03:28] | Was that okay? | 还可以吗 |
[03:29] | Yes, that was great. | 是的 很棒 |
[03:44] | You’re a real Sphinx, you know that? | 你真捉摸不透 你知道吗 |
[03:47] | Is that a compliment? | 这是夸我吗 |
[03:50] | No. | 不是 |
[03:58] | I’m gonna jump in the pool before dinner. | 晚饭前我去游个泳 |
[04:00] | Go for it. | 去吧 |
[04:01] | Why don’t you come with me? | 不如你跟我一起吧 |
[04:02] | No, no, I’m okay. | 不 算了 |
[04:05] | You haven’t got in the pool once since we got here. | 从我们来以后你一直没去泳池游过 |
[04:10] | Come on, it’s saltwater. It feels amazing. | 来吧 是海水泳池 很棒的 |
[04:14] | I don’t feel like swimming. | 我不想游泳 |
[04:21] | And what if I drag you there? | 如果我非拖你去呢 |
[04:23] | – Drag you there. – No, Noah, stop! Noah! | -拖你去游 -不 诺亚 |
[04:24] | – Drag you in the pool. – Noah! No, I said stop! | -拖你去泳池 -我说了住手 诺亚 |
[04:33] | I just don’t want to. Okay? | 我不想去 好吗 |
[04:38] | Okay, no problem. | 好的 没问题 |
[05:50] | We’re late. | 我们要迟了 |
[05:54] | I love being here with you. | 我喜欢和你在这里 |
[05:57] | Let’s just stay here forever, | 我们住这别走了 |
[05:59] | and I could write one book after another, get rich, | 我可以不停写书 赚很多钱 |
[06:02] | buy Robert and Yvonne’s house right out from under them. | 买下罗伯特和伊冯娜的房子 |
[06:05] | And what will I be doing | 你忙着写书 |
[06:06] | while you’re busy writing? | 我能干嘛呢 |
[06:08] | You’d be my muse. | 做我的灵感之源 |
[06:14] | You know you can trust me, right? | 你知道可以信任我的 对吗 |
[06:16] | Yeah, of course. | 是 当然 |
[06:20] | You know, you can–you can tell me whatever you want. | 你想要什么 都可以告诉我 |
[06:23] | You don’t have to hide anything. | 不用藏在心里 |
[06:28] | I don’t. | 我没有 |
[06:34] | Tell me a secret. Something nobody else knows. | 告诉我个秘密 没人知道的那种 |
[06:40] | I hate beets. | 我讨厌吃甜菜 |
[06:43] | Come on, seriously. We can’t be late. | 走吧 真的 我们别迟到了 |
[06:46] | They’re not the kind of people that find that charming. | 他们可不喜欢别人迟到 |
[07:10] | What would you say if I asked you to marry me? | 如果我问你愿不愿意嫁给我呢 |
[07:12] | It would depend on the ring. | 那要看戒指大小了 |
[07:28] | Would that be okay? | 这够大吗 |
[07:30] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[07:34] | What’s it look like? | 看起来像什么 |
[07:36] | – You can’t. Stop. – Come here. Come here. | -不行 别这样 -过来 |
[07:38] | Come here. | 来 |
[07:41] | I want you to know how much you mean to me. | 我想让你知道你对我多重要 |
[07:45] | These last six weeks here have been | 在这过去的六周是我 |
[07:47] | the best of my whole life, and I know it’s crazy, but… | 一生中最好的日子 我知道这很疯狂 但… |
[07:57] | What’s wrong? You okay? | 怎么了 你没事吧 |
[07:57] | Yeah, I’m just… | 没有 只是… |
[07:59] | …overwhelmed. | 有点不知所措 |
[08:04] | It’s okay. It’s too soon. | 我明白 这太草率了 |
[08:05] | I’m an idiot. I shouldn’t have– | 我真傻 不该… |
[08:06] | Yes. | 好 |
[08:09] | Yes what? | 好什么 |
[08:10] | Yes, I want to marry you. | 好 我嫁给你 |
[08:13] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[08:15] | Put it on me. | 给我戴上 |
[08:24] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[08:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:30] | Oh, it’s just so sweet. | 真甜蜜 |
[08:35] | All right. | 好了 |
[08:36] | All right, another toast to the lovebirds. | 好了 再敬小两口一杯酒 |
[08:38] | May you have as much happiness as we’ve had and more. | 愿你们的幸福 比我们还多 |
[08:43] | Mazel tov. | 恭喜 |
[08:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:47] | I knew, you know, from the very first time | 我早看出来了 我第一次 |
[08:49] | I saw the two of you together, I turned to Robert, | 看到你俩一起 就对罗伯特说 |
[08:50] | and I said, “He’s going to propose while they’re here.” | “他会在住这时求婚的” |
[08:52] | – Didn’t I? – Did you? | -对不对 -是吗 |
[08:55] | Don’t– | 别装 |
[08:55] | You know perfectly well that I did. | 你知道我说了 |
[08:58] | I want the whole story. Tell me the story. | 我想知道全部故事 告诉我吧 |
[09:00] | The story? | 什么故事 |
[09:01] | Yes, you’re a writer, aren’t you? | 你是个作家 对吗 |
[09:02] | I want all the details. How did the two of you meet? | 我想听全部细节 你们怎么认识的 |
[09:06] | Uh, well… | 这个… |
[09:08] | We met in Montauk. | 我们在蒙托克认识的 |
[09:10] | Last summer. | 去年夏天 |
[09:11] | Divine. | 真棒 |
[09:12] | Uh, well, Noah had come to the island to research his book. | 诺亚来岛上给他的书采风 |
[09:15] | Oh, of course, the book. | 是 那本书 |
[09:17] | And I was living there. | 我当时住在那 |
[09:18] | I mean, I always lived there. I’m a native. | 我一直都住那 是当地人 |
[09:20] | And I had never met a real writer before. | 我以前从没见过真的作家 |
[09:23] | I was so intimidated. | 特别害怕 |
[09:26] | Probably hadn’t even read a book since, | 可能从《麦田里的守望者》以后 |
[09:27] | I don’t know, Catcher in the Rye? | 就没看过其他书了 |
[09:29] | Really? | 是吗 |
[09:30] | – So you’re not a reader? – No, not at all. | -所以你不常读书吗 -很少 |
[09:33] | Come on. Come on, that’s not true. | 别这么说 才不是 |
[09:35] | You read plenty. | 你读了很多 |
[09:36] | There are other things to do in life | 除了读书 人生还有 |
[09:37] | besides hiding behind a book. | 很多有意思的事 |
[09:40] | Thank you, Robert. | 谢谢 罗伯特 |
[09:41] | Yes, thanks so much. | 是啊 真是多谢了 |
[09:42] | So, anyway, uh, there’s this little lighthouse | 总之 在岛的最东端 |
[09:46] | right at the tip of the island. | 有一小座灯塔 |
[09:49] | I think that’s where we first laid eyes on each other. | 我想我们是在那见的第一次面 |
[09:52] | Isn’t it, babe? | 对吗 亲爱的 |
[09:53] | Your memory is really impressive. | 你记的真清楚 |
[09:55] | Well, how could I forget that? | 我怎么会忘呢 |
[09:57] | It was so romantic. | 那么浪漫 |
[09:59] | That day in the rain. | 天还下着雨 |
[10:02] | I’m enchanted. Go on. | 我都听入迷了 继续 |
[10:05] | Well, I was going through a difficult time in my life. | 我当时生活不太如意 |
[10:09] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[10:11] | And that day, | 然后那天 |
[10:13] | I walked all the way out to the lighthouse in the rain. | 我冒着雨一路走到了灯塔 |
[10:18] | And I was sure it’d be empty, | 很确定里面没人 |
[10:21] | but when I got there, I found one other person. | 但等我到那 发现了另一个人 |
[10:26] | It was him. | 就是他 |
[10:29] | What a beautiful story. | 这故事真美 |
[10:31] | Yes. It was somewhat unreal. | 是啊 都不像真实的了 |
[10:36] | What were you doing there? | 你当时在那干什么 |
[10:39] | At the lighthouse that day in the rain. | 下雨那天在灯塔 |
[10:41] | Oh, I was, um… | 我… |
[10:43] | I was researching. I was doing research. | 我在采风 |
[10:46] | How’s the book coming? | 你书写得如何了 |
[10:48] | It’s, um–it’s coming. | 正在写 |
[10:49] | I’d love to read it when you want an opinion. | 如果你想听意见 我很乐意拜读 |
[10:52] | Oh, Noah doesn’t like to share his work until it’s finished. | 诺亚不喜欢展示没写完的作品 |
[10:55] | Oh, I’m sorry. Of course. | 对不起 当然 |
[10:56] | No, it was rude of me to ask. | 我这么问太失礼了 |
[10:57] | No, no, no. Of course, no, I could make an exception. | 不 没事 也可以有例外 |
[11:00] | Anyone want more wine? | 还有谁要酒吗 |
[11:02] | I’ve had enough. Thanks. | 我够了 谢谢 |
[11:03] | I’d love some. Thank you. | 我要一点 谢谢 |
[11:14] | Recognize those books? | 认识这些书吗 |
[11:16] | Some of them. | 看过一些 |
[11:17] | They were all written in the cabin you’re staying in. | 都是在你住的那间小屋写的 |
[11:20] | – Really? – Really. | -真的吗 -对 |
[11:22] | Since Robert and I moved up here 20 years ago, | 从我和罗伯特二十年前搬来这 |
[11:24] | we’ve hosted an author a year, sometimes two. | 我们每年都会接待一位作家 有时两位 |
[11:27] | And most of their books have done very, very well. | 大部分他们的作品都很成功 |
[11:32] | I’m very particular about whom I invite up here, | 我对邀请来这里的人很挑剔 |
[11:34] | and I don’t usually take on writers | 通常我不会请自己 |
[11:35] | I haven’t personally read, but… | 没有读过的作家 但… |
[11:38] | Harry vouched so passionately for you. | 哈里极力为你担保 |
[11:42] | I tried to read your first book. | 我本想读读你的第一部作品 |
[11:43] | I couldn’t find it anywhere. | 但到处都找不着 |
[11:45] | That’s ’cause it’s out of print. | 因为已经停印了 |
[11:47] | Well, Harry says this second book | 不管怎样 哈里说第二部作品 |
[11:48] | is a big step forward anyway. | 会有质的飞跃 |
[11:50] | I hope so. I feel kinda good about it. | 希望如此 我挺有信心的 |
[11:53] | And you like working with Harry? | 你喜欢跟哈里共事吗 |
[11:54] | Harry’s great. | 哈里很棒 |
[11:55] | We just can’t agree on the ending, | 我们只是对结尾的看法有点分歧 |
[11:57] | and it’s driving us both a little nuts. | 弄得大家都有点抓狂 |
[12:00] | I had a brilliant professor once tell me, | 有一名出色的教授曾对我说过 |
[12:02] | “If you’re having difficulty with the end, | “如果结局让你很纠结 |
[12:04] | you fucked up the beginning.” | 那你一定是开头就搞砸了” |
[12:06] | Oh, wonderful. | 这下好了 |
[12:08] | I think he just meant, | 我想他的意思是 |
[12:09] | if you’ve laid all your cards out | 如果你已经按部就班地 |
[12:10] | in the proper order, the ending should flow. | 设下了所有铺垫 那结尾就是水到渠成的事 |
[12:13] | It should feel inevitable. | 是不可避免的 |
[12:15] | At some point, fate takes over a story, | 到那时 宿命将决定故事的走向 |
[12:17] | and even the author himself loses control. | 就算作者自己也无法控制 |
[12:23] | That’s, uh… | 这… |
[12:25] | never really happened to me. | 我从没有过这种感觉 |
[12:26] | Tell me, what’s Harry’s issue with the end? | 跟我说说 哈里觉得结局的问题在哪 |
[12:30] | Oh, I don’t know, he, uh… | 我也说不好 他… |
[12:32] | he thinks I’m afraid to follow through | 他觉得我似乎害怕贯彻 |
[12:33] | on my original idea. | 我最初的设想 |
[12:36] | He might be right. | 他可能是对的 |
[12:38] | Would you like me to look at it? | 需要我帮你看看吗 |
[12:40] | Just for another set of eyes? | 多个不同的角度 |
[12:42] | I wouldn’t tell Harry, not even Alison. | 我不会告诉哈里的 连艾莉森都不说 |
[12:45] | It’s a very bad idea to mix love and criticism. | 让爱你的人来评判你的作品不是什么好主意 |
[12:49] | Well, of course. I mean, I’d love you to. | 那太好了 我当然乐意之至 |
[12:50] | I just don’t want to impose on any more of your time. | 我只是怕耽误你太多时间了 |
[12:52] | I wouldn’t offer if it were an imposition. | 如果不是我自己乐意我也不会提了 |
[12:55] | Come in. | 请进 |
[12:57] | What is it, dear? | 什么事 亲爱的 |
[12:58] | Noah, can you come out here? | 诺亚 你能出来一下吗 |
[12:59] | We’re in the middle of something. | 我们有事在谈 |
[13:00] | – I know, but… – Well, can it wait? | -我知道 但… -不能等一下吗 |
[13:02] | I don’t think so. | 恐怕不行 |
[13:04] | – You’re living in a freaking mansion? – What the hell? | -你居然住这么大的豪宅 -搞什么 |
[13:06] | Whitney, what are you doing here? | 惠特尼 你怎么在这 |
[13:07] | Who’s this? | 这是谁 |
[13:07] | I’m his daughter. Who are you? | 我是他女儿 你又是谁 |
[13:09] | Uh, Whitney, this is Yvonne, who is, uh, | 惠特尼 这是伊冯娜 |
[13:11] | very generously allowing me to stay here for a while. | 她非常慷慨地让我在这暂住一段时间 |
[13:14] | Yvonne, this is my daughter, | 伊冯娜 这是我女儿 |
[13:15] | who seems to have, uh, I don’t know, gone rogue. | 不知怎么的 似乎离家出走了 |
[13:17] | Hey, Dad, what’s she doing here? | 老爸 她怎么在这 |
[13:18] | I thought you weren’t living together. | 你不是说你们没住在一起吗 |
[13:20] | Okay, Whit, I didn’t expect you, | 好吧 惠特尼 我没想到你会来 |
[13:22] | but you’re here, so fantastic. | 但你既然来了 挺好 |
[13:23] | Let’s show you the cabin. Come on. | 我带你去看看小屋吧 来 |
[13:24] | Wait, ew, a cabin? Can we just stay in your house? | 什么破烂小屋 我们能待你家吗 |
[13:26] | No. Come on. Come on. Let’s go. | 不行 走吧 咱们走 |
[13:27] | No, why can’t we just stay in this house? | 为什么我们不能待在这里 |
[13:28] | Can we stay here? | 我们待在这行吗 |
[13:30] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:35] | So what’s going on, Whitney? | 说吧 怎么了 惠特尼 |
[13:43] | How’d you even get here? | 你是怎么过来的 |
[13:44] | Metro-North and then a cab. I have street skills. | 火车北线然后转出租车 我会认路 |
[13:48] | Would you like something? Some water? | 需要点什么吗 要喝水吗 |
[13:50] | Nice love nest. | 这爱巢不错啊 |
[13:52] | Wow, I especially like this dead fox. | 我特别喜欢这只死狐狸 |
[13:54] | It’s extra erotic. | 真让人情欲贲张 |
[13:56] | Does Mom know you’re here? | 妈妈知道你在这吗 |
[13:57] | Who? | 谁 |
[13:59] | Come on, cut it out. | 行了 别闹了 |
[14:00] | Oh, do you still call her “Mom”? | 你居然还叫她”妈妈” |
[14:02] | Might be more appropriate to go with a formal “Helen.” | 或许是不是该改口”海伦”更正式一点 |
[14:05] | Or perhaps Mrs. Solloway. The ex-Mrs. Solloway. | 又或者索洛维夫人 前索洛维夫人 |
[14:07] | We’re not divorced yet. | 我们还没离婚 |
[14:08] | Right. Hear that, Alison? They’re still married. | 没错 听到了吗 艾莉森 他们还结着婚呢 |
[14:11] | Not like that ever stopped you. | 不过那也阻止不了你 |
[14:12] | Okay, Whitney, can you at least try to act like an adult? | 行了 惠特尼 能试着像个大人一样成熟点吗 |
[14:16] | Sorry. I don’t know any adults. | 抱歉 我一个大人都不认识 |
[14:17] | How do they behave? | 他们都是怎么做的 |
[14:18] | Whitney, just… | 惠特尼 就… |
[14:21] | Is that a fucking ring on her finger? | 她手上是枚该死的戒指吗 |
[14:26] | Holy shit, Dad, I knew you were lame, | 我去 老爸 我知道你没用 |
[14:28] | but I didn’t know you were stupid. | 但我不知道你还这么蠢 |
[14:30] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[14:31] | Texting Mom, your wife. | 给妈妈 你的妻子发短信 |
[14:32] | – Whitney, no. – No, stop! | -惠特尼 别 -别过来 |
[14:34] | – Whitney– – Don’t you fucking talk to me. | -惠特尼 -别跟我说话 |
[14:36] | Just give me that phone. Just give me the phone! | 把电话给我 电话给我 |
[14:37] | Make her take the ring off of her fucking finger! | 让她把那该死的戒指取下来 |
[14:41] | What? | 什么 |
[14:43] | You have a family. You have four kids. | 你有家庭 你有四个孩子 |
[14:46] | – I know I do. Now j– – Then ma– | -我知道… -那就… |
[14:48] | – Take off the ring, bitch! – Just stop! | -把戒指取下来 贱人 -停下 |
[14:50] | Stop that! | 给我停下 |
[14:56] | I’m gonna wait outside. | 我去外面等你们 |
[15:06] | Come on, Whitney. | 别这样 惠特尼 |
[15:11] | It’s okay. It’s all right. | 没事了 没事的 |
[15:18] | Here. | 给 |
[15:19] | I’m okay. Thanks. | 我没事 谢谢 |
[15:25] | I think we’re making a terrible mistake. | 我想我们在犯一个巨大的错误 |
[15:30] | Please don’t say that. | 求求你 别这么说 |
[15:31] | She’s right. | 她说的对 |
[15:33] | You’re not even divorced yet. Neither am I. | 你还没有离婚 我也没有 |
[15:36] | Everything’s fine here now, | 如今在这里一切是很好 |
[15:37] | but what happens when we have to leave? | 但如果我们要离开了怎么办 |
[15:39] | When we actually have to face the real world again? | 等我们不得不再次面对现实世界时怎么办 |
[15:44] | We’ll figure it out. | 我们会解决的 |
[15:46] | What if we can’t? | 如果解决不了呢 |
[15:48] | Why are you asking that? | 你为什么要这么问 |
[15:50] | Because it’s a possibility, Noah. | 因为这是可能的 诺亚 |
[15:54] | Are you really so naive? | 你真的如此天真吗 |
[15:55] | Do you really think that things just work out for the best? | 你真的相信船到桥头自然直 |
[16:00] | That true love conquers all? | 真爱无敌吗 |
[16:03] | I can’t follow you today. | 我今天真是弄不懂你 |
[16:05] | What does that mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[16:06] | Well, one minute you’re giving Yvonne | 刚刚对着伊冯娜 你还把我们的相遇 |
[16:08] | some romance novel version of how we met, | 描述得跟言情小说一般浪漫 |
[16:11] | and now you’re spouting fucking Hegel on the deck. | 一转眼在码头上 你又跟黑格尔一样现实了 |
[16:17] | Did something happen while I was gone? | 我不在的时候发生了什么吗 |
[16:20] | Something you haven’t told me? | 你是不是有什么没告诉我的 |
[16:23] | A lot of things happen that I don’t tell you. | 发生了很多事我都没告诉你 |
[16:33] | Do you really want to know things about me? | 你真的想知道关于我的事吗 |
[16:37] | Things I’ve never told anyone else before? | 那些我从未告诉过别人的事 |
[16:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:48] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不会想的 |
[16:55] | I slept with Oscar. | 我跟奥斯卡睡了 |
[17:01] | Hodges? | 奥斯卡·豪治吗 |
[17:02] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[17:05] | Recently? | 最近的事吗 |
[17:06] | A couple of months ago. | 几个月前了 |
[17:09] | The day you came back to Montauk actually. | 事实上 就是你回蒙托克的那天 |
[17:13] | Okay, well… | 好吧… |
[17:15] | I don’t love that, but it’s okay. | 我不喜欢听 但没关系 |
[17:18] | I’m not apologizing for it. I’m just telling you. | 我不是在道歉 只是告诉你 |
[17:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:29] | Then I tried to hurt myself. | 我还试着伤害自己 |
[17:32] | Wait, you mean you cut– you– | 等等 你是说你割自己… |
[17:34] | No. | 不 |
[17:38] | I walked into the ocean. | 我走进了大海 |
[17:42] | What? | 什么 |
[17:45] | I wanted to drown. | 我想淹死自己 |
[17:50] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[18:01] | Come here. Come here. | 过来 来我这 |
[18:08] | Do you still feel like that? | 你还有这种感觉吗 |
[18:13] | – No. – You sure? | -没有了 -你确定 |
[18:19] | There’s nothing you can tell me | 无论你对我说了什么 |
[18:20] | that would make me give up on you. | 我都不会放弃你的 |
[18:24] | I know you don’t trust a lot of people. Trust me. | 我知道你不轻易相信人 但相信我 |
[18:36] | Cole came to visit. | 科尔来过 |
[18:43] | Here? | 这里吗 |
[18:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:47] | When? | 什么时候 |
[18:49] | About a week ago. | 大概一周前 |
[18:52] | He came to drop off some of my things. | 他来给我送点东西 |
[19:13] | I thought you said Jane sent you those clothes. | 你不是说那些衣服是简寄来的吗 |
[19:19] | I lied. | 我说谎了 |
[19:25] | Nothing happened. We just talked. | 什么都没发生 我们就谈了谈 |
[19:39] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[19:40] | I’m offering you the chance to take it back. | 给你一个机会把它拿回去 |
[19:44] | You’re a good man. You’re kind. | 你是个好人 你很善良 |
[19:46] | You wanna fix everyone, but I’m– | 你想让所有人好 但我… |
[19:47] | Just–just stop talking for a second. | 能先别说话了吗 |
[19:49] | I just need to think. | 我得想想 |
[19:54] | Are you–are you trying to get rid of me? | 你… 你是想摆脱我吗 |
[19:58] | No. | 不是的 |
[20:00] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[20:03] | ‘Cause I’d understand if you were. | 因为如果是真的 我能理解 |
[20:07] | ‘Cause this is scary and… | 我知道这很恐怖 |
[20:10] | perhaps insane. | 还很疯狂 |
[20:12] | So, if you are, | 所以如果是真的 |
[20:15] | you need to tell me. | 你必须告诉我 |
[20:17] | Just say it. | 说出来就好 |
[20:21] | Neither of us is perfect, Alison, | 我们都不完美 艾莉森 |
[20:23] | and there are many, many things that I wish | 有许多事情我都希望 |
[20:25] | I had handled differently. | 当初自己能换一种方式处理 |
[20:31] | And God knows we could spend the rest of our lives | 我们大可以在互相评判的眼光中 |
[20:33] | judging each other, | 度过余生 |
[20:34] | but that’s not how I want to live anymore. | 但我不想再这么活下去了 |
[20:38] | My whole life, I’ve been afraid | 一直以来 我都在担心 |
[20:39] | of what other people think of me, and I’m done. | 别人会怎么看我 现在不会了 |
[20:41] | I’m just done. | 我再也不会了 |
[20:47] | I want to start my life over again. | 我想重新开始我的人生 |
[20:51] | With you. | 与你一起 |
[20:53] | So, if you’re not ready for that, | 所以 如果你没准备好 |
[20:55] | then just, for Christ’s sake, | 那就行行好 |
[20:58] | just be decent and tell me. | 直接告诉我 |
[21:02] | ‘Cause I’m not fucking around with you. | 因为我对你是认真的 |
[21:26] | I don’t want to go home. | 我不想回家 |
[21:34] | I hate it there. | 我讨厌那里 |
[21:37] | Between Grandma and Mom, | 一个外婆 一个妈妈 |
[21:38] | it’s like I live in a coven of depressed witches. | 我感觉自己跟一群抑郁的女巫住在一起 |
[21:43] | I honestly think it might be affecting my schoolwork. | 我真心觉得这可能会影响我的成绩 |
[21:47] | That’s not true. | 那不可能 |
[21:48] | Yes, it is. | 是真的 |
[21:50] | It’s like a fucking graveyard, Dad. | 家里简直跟墓地一样 老爸 |
[21:54] | I want to come live with you. | 我想来跟你住 |
[21:58] | Well, I want you to be able to live with me too sometimes. | 我也希望你有时能来跟我住 |
[22:01] | No, not sometimes. Permanently. | 不是有时 永久的 |
[22:07] | Okay, Whitney, well, I may need your help with that. | 好吧 惠特尼 那我可能需要你的帮助 |
[22:14] | I have to ask a favor. | 我有个请求 |
[22:18] | Don’t tell Mom. | 别告诉妈妈 |
[22:22] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[22:26] | I think it’d be a mistake. | 我觉得那不是明智之举 |
[22:29] | We’re going into mediation, and… | 如今我们正在调解 |
[22:32] | I’m doing everything I can to create a situation | 我已经尽我所能在创造环境 |
[22:36] | where you can live with me, | 让你们可以来跟我住 |
[22:37] | at least part of the time. | 至少偶尔 |
[22:41] | But in order for us to do that, to find a way– | 但要能这么做 要想办法… |
[22:43] | She can’t know you’re engaged to Alison. | 她不能知道你跟艾莉森订婚了 |
[22:46] | She can’t know I’m living with Alison. | 她不能知道我跟艾莉森在一起住 |
[22:50] | Don’t worry, Dad. I got you. | 别担心 老爸 我会帮你 |
[23:04] | – Noah Solloway. – How are you, man? | -诺亚·索洛维 -你怎么样 哥们 |
[23:06] | Oh, I thought we’d lost you, brother. | 还以为你失踪了呢 哥们 |
[23:08] | Nearly did. | 差不多了 |
[23:10] | Heard about that acquisition, you fuck. | 我听说那笔收购了 |
[23:11] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[23:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:15] | – Pretty big deal. – Yeah? How much did you make? | -不小的数目呢 -是吗 你赚了多少 |
[23:17] | Uh, my abacus broke. | 这个嘛 我算盘都坏了 |
[23:19] | I don’t wanna know. | 算了 我不想知道 |
[23:20] | Yeah, you really don’t. | 你不会想知道的 |
[23:22] | How long has it been since I’ve seen you, man? | 我有多久没见你了 |
[23:24] | Is it, like, a year? | 差不多有一年了吧 |
[23:25] | Come on, no. Six months? Not even. | 没有吧 最多六个月 估计都不到 |
[23:27] | Is it? I don’t know. | 真的吗 我也说不好 |
[23:29] | I guess time moves more slowly | 或许对亿万富翁来说 |
[23:30] | when you’re a gazillionaire. | 时间过得特别慢吧 |
[23:33] | – You’re such an asshole. – I am an asshole. | -你真混蛋 -我就是这么混蛋 |
[23:35] | Uh, just coffee for me. Thanks. | 我要杯咖啡就好 谢谢 |
[23:37] | – Sure. – Thank you. | -没问题 -谢谢你 |
[23:40] | Why don’t you get her number? | 为什么不去要她的电话 |
[23:42] | Tell her how rich you are. | 告诉她你多有钱 |
[23:43] | Ah, nah, man. Waitresses are your thing. | 还是免了 哥们 女侍应生是你的菜 |
[23:45] | Ah. Touche. | 说得好 |
[23:46] | Actually, I started seeing someone. | 说实话 我最近在约会 |
[23:48] | Really? Since when? | 真的吗 什么时候开始的 |
[23:50] | It’s recent, but I think it might be getting serious. | 最近的事 但我想这次可能是认真的 |
[23:54] | When do I get to meet her? | 什么时候让我见见她 |
[23:55] | Oh, I don’t think we’re ready for that yet, | 我觉得目前还不太合适 |
[23:56] | but it’s exciting. | 但我很期待 |
[23:59] | That’s wonderful. I’m really happy for you. | 真不错 我为你高兴 |
[24:03] | Sometimes you just get lucky. How about you? | 或许这就是运气吧 你呢 |
[24:05] | Oh, I’m good. | 我挺好的 |
[24:05] | I’m just, uh, you know, getting divorced. | 就是在办离婚什么的 |
[24:11] | You know what, Noah, I’m sorry. | 知道吗 诺亚 我很遗憾 |
[24:13] | I am. I really thought that you would work it out. | 真的 我以为你们能和好 |
[24:15] | I know, but it’s for the best. It really is. | 我知道 但这样对大家都好 真的 |
[24:17] | I mean, Helen will be fine. | 海伦会没事的 |
[24:19] | She’s gonna be single for about 30 seconds. | 她估计最多单身三十秒 |
[24:22] | The kids will all pull through. | 孩子们也会看开的 |
[24:24] | And I’m feeling good. | 如今我感觉也很好 |
[24:25] | – Better than I have in years. – Good. | -很久没那么好了 -那就好 |
[24:27] | Just need to figure out a way to afford an apartment, | 只是我得想办法负担一套公寓的租金 |
[24:29] | so I can get co-custody of the kids and– | 这样才能拿到孩子们的共同抚养权 |
[24:31] | How’s the book coming? I heard you got a big advance. | 你的书怎么样了 我听说你有一笔不小的预付金 |
[24:33] | No, it’s good. I– | 挺好的 我… |
[24:34] | They only give you like 20% up front. | 他们只会先给你五分之一 |
[24:35] | They keep the rest until you turn in the book, so… | 其它要等书稿全交了才给 所以… |
[24:38] | You almost done? | 你快写完了吗 |
[24:39] | I’m having trouble with the ending. | 结尾有点小问题 |
[24:41] | It’ll be fine. I’m working it out. | 不过没事的 我在想办法了 |
[24:44] | Good. | 那就好 |
[24:47] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[24:48] | I am sending an email to my accountant | 给我的会计发封邮件 |
[24:51] | and telling him to send you $50,000. | 让他给你汇五万美金 |
[24:54] | Come on, Max. Come on. | 别这样 麦克斯 |
[24:56] | – Are you insane? – It’s not a loan. | -你疯了吗 -这不是借你的 |
[24:58] | – It’s a gift, okay? – I–no. | -是份礼物 明白吗 -我不… |
[24:59] | I don’t want to take any more money off you. | 我不想再拿你的钱了 |
[25:00] | Noah, take it. I can afford it. Believe me. | 诺亚 收下吧 我负担得起 相信我 |
[25:02] | No, it’s too mu– Max, come on. | 不 太多了 麦克斯 别这样 |
[25:03] | I want to help you. | 我想帮你 |
[25:06] | Look, the sooner you and Helen get divorced, | 听着 你越快和海伦离婚 |
[25:09] | the happier everyone will be. | 大家就越开心 |
[25:15] | Done. | 搞定 |
[25:17] | You’re a mensch. | 你真是个圣人 |
[25:20] | – Thank you, sweetheart. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 亲爱的 -不客气 |
[25:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:44] | Anybody there? | 有人吗 |
[25:49] | Are you Noah Solloway? | 你是诺亚·索洛维吗 |
[25:50] | I am. Do you work here? I have an appointment. | 我是 你是这的员工吗 我有预约 |
[25:52] | I’m here on behalf of attorney Jon Gottlief | 我是代表乔·哥特利夫律师和他的客户 |
[25:54] | and his client Helen Solloway. | 海伦·索洛维前来 |
[25:56] | This is an action for divorce. | 他们提起了离婚诉讼 |
[25:57] | You’re being served. | 这是你的传票 |
[26:13] | How about another toast to the happy couple? | 不如我们再敬这对佳眷一杯吧 |
[26:16] | To your future and your life together, | 敬你们的未来和一起的日子 |
[26:18] | which is just beginning. | 这才刚刚开始 |
[26:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[26:21] | Alison, more wine? | 艾莉森 再来点酒吗 |
[26:23] | Oh, uh, no. Thank you. I’ve had enough. | 不 谢谢你 我够了 |
[26:25] | I’ve always wanted a wedding on this property. | 我一直想在这里办一场婚礼 |
[26:27] | Yvonne… | 伊冯娜 |
[26:27] | I thought our daughter would be married here, | 我以为我们女儿会在这办婚礼 |
[26:29] | but in the end, she wanted a destination wedding, | 结果到头来 她想去旅行结婚 |
[26:32] | so we all traipsed off to Provence, | 所以我们都跑去了普罗旺斯 |
[26:34] | which, of course, is exactly like here, only more expensive. | 其实跟这也差不多 只不过东西更贵 |
[26:36] | – Provence was your idea. – No, it was not. | -普罗旺斯是你的主意 -不 不是的 |
[26:38] | I distinctly remember it being your idea. | 我记得很清楚是你的主意 |
[26:40] | Only because it became obvious that’s what Mellie wanted. | 那是因为显然梅莉就是这么想的 |
[26:43] | I was just trying to be a good mother. | 我不过是当个好妈妈罢了 |
[26:44] | Anyway, I’m just offering, you know. | 不管怎样 我就这么一提 |
[26:46] | – Something to think about. – No, thank you. | -你们可以考虑一下 -不用了 谢谢 |
[26:49] | Uh, we haven’t even set a date yet. | 我们还没确定日子 |
[26:52] | – We– – Well, there’s no rush. | -我们… -没事 不急 |
[26:54] | Unless, of course, you’re pregnant. | 当然 除非你怀孕了 |
[26:56] | Yvonne! | 伊冯娜 |
[26:57] | Oh, uh, no. No. We’re not–we’re not… | 不 我们没有… |
[27:00] | No, I’m– | 不 我… |
[27:01] | I already have four kids from my first marriage, so… | 我上一段婚姻已经有四个孩子了 所以… |
[27:04] | – Four kids? – Yeah. | -四个吗 -是的 |
[27:05] | So I think I’m done. | 我想我不会再要了 |
[27:07] | Or at least, I– | 至少 我… |
[27:12] | She doesn’t seem as certain as you, Noah. | 看来她似乎不像你这么肯定 诺亚 |
[27:13] | Yvonne, please, enough. | 伊冯娜 够了 别说了 |
[27:15] | This is obscene. Leave them alone. | 这太过火了 别问了 |
[27:18] | You should just do it, you know, if you want to. | 想要就要 真的 |
[27:20] | Men always say no to a baby, and then in the end, | 男人总说不要孩子 但真有了 |
[27:22] | they’re thrilled and take credit for the whole idea. | 他们都高兴得不行 还抢着说是自己功劳 |
[27:24] | That’s it. | 够了 |
[27:25] | That’s the 2005. | 那可是2005年的 |
[27:27] | Noah, are you through? | 诺亚 你吃完了吗 |
[27:29] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[27:30] | No, Robert, please. Let me. | 罗伯特 让我来吧 |
[27:31] | Noah, this would be a perfect time | 诺亚 我想现在是时候 |
[27:32] | to have a little chat about the book. | 聊聊你的书了 |
[27:34] | Want to join me in the living room? | 跟我去起居室坐坐吧 |
[27:38] | It’s okay. Go. | 没事的 去吧 |
[27:40] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[27:48] | You’re a pro. | 你真专业 |
[27:50] | I used to be a waitress. | 我曾经当过侍应生 |
[27:56] | Book people, so snooty. | 这些文人 就是傲慢 |
[28:05] | So you’re not a book person? | 这么说你不爱看书吗 |
[28:06] | Not really. I can’t sit still. | 不喜欢 我坐不住 |
[28:10] | I’d rather just be outdoors. | 我宁愿去户外待着 |
[28:15] | Don’t do that. Don’t do that. | 别倒 别倒 |
[28:17] | Salmon skin. I’ll take it. Here, put it in the bag. | 三文鱼皮 给我吧 放这袋里 |
[28:21] | What do you want it for? | 你要来干什么 |
[28:23] | Can you keep a secret? | 你能保守秘密吗 |
[28:25] | Sure, I guess. | 我想可以吧 |
[28:27] | You can’t tell Yvonne. | 你不能告诉伊冯娜 |
[28:29] | Tell Yvonne what? | 告诉她什么 |
[28:31] | It’s for our dog. | 这是给我们的狗吃的 |
[28:33] | – You have a dog? – Yup. | -你们还养了狗 -没错 |
[28:35] | His name’s Pete. | 它叫皮特 |
[28:37] | He’s part wolf. | 有狼的血统 |
[28:41] | Well, where is he? | 那它在哪呢 |
[28:42] | Yeah, I don’t know. | 这个 我不知道 |
[28:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:47] | He ran away a few weeks ago. Yvonne was thrilled. | 几周前它跑了 伊冯娜高兴坏了 |
[28:49] | She’s hated him ever since I brought him home. | 从我带皮特回来起她就特别讨厌它 |
[28:51] | She thought he was dangerous. | 她觉得皮特很危险 |
[28:53] | Was he? | 那是真的吗 |
[28:54] | He snapped at our grandson once, | 有次它对我们孙子发狂了 |
[28:55] | but I-I think he’s just misunderstood. | 但我觉得那只是误会 |
[28:58] | He was never meant to sleep in a kennel or walk on a leash. | 它就不适合睡在狗窝 被狗链拴着 |
[29:01] | He needs to run free. So now… | 它需要自由地奔跑 所以… |
[29:04] | I leave little scraps of food outside for him | 一有机会我就会在外面 |
[29:06] | when I get a chance, just so he doesn’t go hungry. | 给它留点剩菜 这样它就不会饿肚子了 |
[29:11] | – Remember… – Yeah. | -记得… -当然 |
[29:12] | …it’s a secret. | 这是秘密 |
[29:14] | Be careful with your knee. | 小心你的膝盖 |
[29:16] | Yeah, yeah. | 知道了 |
[29:20] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[29:22] | Dad, hello? | 爸爸 你在吗 |
[29:29] | Whitney. | 惠特尼 |
[29:32] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[29:36] | Boom. | 瞧瞧 |
[29:38] | Ruby owes me 50 bucks. | 卢比这下欠我五十块了 |
[29:43] | She’s a stupid fucking waitress, | 她不过是个他妈的女侍应 |
[29:45] | and she’s also a slut and she’s a liar, | 是个婊子 还是个骗子 |
[29:48] | and she destroyed our entire family! | 她毁了我们整个家庭 |
[29:51] | You’re being melodramatic. | 你太夸张了 |
[29:53] | Okay, really? Am I? | 真的吗 |
[29:55] | Did you know that my dad moved to bumblefuck New York | 知道吗 我爸对我妈劈腿 还跟姘头 |
[29:58] | with his bimbo girlfriend after he cheated on my mom | 搬到纽约北部鸟不生蛋的鬼地方 |
[30:00] | and left her with four kids to raise by herself? | 丢下四个孩子让她独力抚养 |
[30:04] | Maybe I’m being melodramatic ’cause I live | 你说我夸张 说不定是因为 |
[30:06] | in a fucking melodrama! | 我的人生就是这么荒诞 |
[30:07] | Calm down, Whitney. | 冷静点 惠特尼 |
[30:09] | Fuck you! Okay? | 去你的 |
[30:12] | You don’t even know her, Dad. | 你根本不了解她 爸爸 |
[30:14] | You know nothing about her. | 你对她一无所知 |
[30:16] | You’re leaving our family for a total stranger! | 你居然为了一个陌生人抛弃家人 |
[30:58] | Is it safe? | 我能出来了吗 |
[31:00] | Jesus Christ, you scared me. | 老天 你吓到我了 |
[31:03] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[31:11] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[31:13] | She’s smoking a cigarette right over there. | 在那抽烟呢 |
[31:24] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[31:27] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[31:37] | You know she Uber’d here from the city? | 你知道她是从纽约打优步过来的吗 |
[31:40] | Gonna cost me 200 bucks. | 估计得花掉我200块 |
[31:46] | Where is she gonna sleep tonight? | 她今晚睡哪里 |
[31:48] | I don’t fucking know. | 我不知道 |
[31:52] | Probably our bed. | 可能我们的床吧 |
[31:55] | Where are we gonna sleep? | 那我们睡哪 |
[31:59] | You can have the couch. I’ll–I’ll take the rug. | 你睡沙发吧 我睡地上 |
[32:12] | Do you think we’re making a mistake? | 你觉得我们这么做错了吗 |
[32:21] | Do you? | 你觉得呢 |
[32:26] | Do you want this back? | 你想要回去吗 |
[32:31] | No. I– | 不 我… |
[32:33] | No, I want you to keep it. | 不 我希望你留着 |
[32:42] | It’s so easy when they’re young. | 小时候他们容易应付多了 |
[32:47] | All they need is food and sleep and hugs. | 只要能吃能睡有人抱就行 |
[32:50] | And they think you’re a god. | 他们觉得你就是上帝 |
[32:53] | Why do they ever have to grow up? | 为什么他们要长大 |
[33:07] | What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done? | 你干过最糟糕的事是什么 |
[33:14] | This, probably. | 或许就是这个吧 |
[33:20] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[33:39] | I’ve done a lot of things. | 我干过的太多了 |
[33:59] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[34:00] | I’m making eggs. Do you want any? | 我在做鸡蛋 你要来点吗 |
[34:03] | Uh, sure. | 好啊 |
[34:08] | Uh, where’s your dad? | 你父亲呢 |
[34:10] | Oh, he went outside to try to find some cell service, | 手机信号不好 他去外面打电话 |
[34:13] | so he could call us a cab. | 给我们叫出租车 |
[34:15] | How do you take it? | 你喜欢什么样的咖啡 |
[34:16] | Oh, uh, black’s great. Thanks. | 黑咖啡就好 谢谢 |
[34:22] | Look, Whitney, I just want you to know | 听着 惠特尼 我想让你知道 |
[34:24] | I’m not into the whole wicked stepmother thing, okay? | 我不想当什么邪恶后母 知道吗 |
[34:30] | I–I just want to be your friend. | 我只想做你的朋友 |
[34:40] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[34:41] | – Do you want toast? – Uh, no, thanks. I’m okay. | -要吐司吗 -不用了 谢谢 |
[34:47] | Aren’t you gonna have any? | 你不吃点吗 |
[34:48] | Oh, please, breakfast? Gross. | 得了吧 早餐 才不要 |
[34:56] | Friend, can I ask you a very friendly favor? | 朋友 我能提一个小小的请求吗 |
[35:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[35:02] | Can I please have Scott Lockhart’s number? | 你能给我斯考特·洛克哈特的电话号码吗 |
[35:05] | – What? – Scott’s number. | -什么 -斯考特的号码 |
[35:07] | He changed it. And his address too. | 他手机和地址都换了 |
[35:09] | Don’t you have a restraining order | 你现在不是申请了 |
[35:10] | – against Scotty now? – No, no, no, no, no. | -对斯科蒂的限制令吗 -不不不 |
[35:12] | That’s not a real thing. My grandmother did that. | 那不是真的 是我外婆干的 |
[35:14] | No, I’m pretty sure that’s a very real thing. | 不 我很确定那是真的 |
[35:16] | – Not to me. – To the police. | -对我来说不是 -但对警察来说是的 |
[35:22] | Well, you know what? Fuck you, friend. | 知道吗 去你的朋友 |
[35:23] | – Forget I asked. – Wait, Whitney, I’m sorry. I ju– | -当我没问 -等等 惠特尼 抱歉我… |
[35:27] | I-I don’t get why you want to get in touch with Scotty | 我只是不明白为什么发生这一切之后 |
[35:29] | after everything that happened. | 你还想跟斯科蒂联系 |
[35:30] | Because I love him. | 因为我爱他 |
[35:36] | Like you love my father, right? | 就像你爱我父亲一样 不是吗 |
[35:40] | – It’s– – Well… | -这… -难道 |
[35:41] | Well, don’t you? | 难道不是吗 |
[35:44] | I do love your father. Yes. | 我确实爱你的父亲 是的 |
[35:46] | Okay… then you understand, | 那这样你一定能理解 |
[35:48] | and you’ll get me Scotty’s number. | 然后帮我弄来斯科蒂的号码 |
[35:53] | – I can’t, Whitney. I’m sorry. – Why not? | -不行 惠特尼 抱歉 -为什么不行 |
[35:55] | It’s not appropriate. | 这样不合适 |
[36:00] | Are you fucking kidding me? | 你他妈开玩笑吗 |
[36:02] | You want to talk to me about what’s “Appropriate”? | 你想跟我谈什么是”合适” |
[36:04] | Okay. Why don’t we ask your dad what he thinks? | 这样吧 不如我们问问你父亲的意思 |
[36:08] | You are a very disappointing person. | 你这人真没劲 |
[36:13] | Hey, Daddy. Good morning. | 早安 爸爸 |
[36:14] | Hey, kiddo. You get some breakfast? | 早啊 吃早餐了吗 |
[36:16] | Yup, I’m all full. | 恩 我吃饱了 |
[36:18] | Okay, we need to go if we want to get this train. | 那好 我们得出发了 不然赶不上火车 |
[36:21] | See you later. | 晚点见 |
[36:28] | Call me. | 记得找我 |
[36:47] | So you want me to arrange these manuscripts | 你是要我把这些手稿 |
[36:49] | chronologically, right? | 按时间排序 对吗 |
[36:50] | So should I go by the date on the cover or– | 我是按封面上的时间还是… |
[36:52] | That can wait. | 这事先不急 |
[36:54] | I need to know what happened last night. | 我要知道昨晚发生了什么 |
[36:56] | So that’s Noah’s daughter? | 那是诺亚的女儿 |
[36:59] | That’s his oldest, yes. | 没错 那是他大女儿 |
[37:01] | She seems like a holy terror. | 看起来真可怕 |
[37:03] | Ugh, she’s a teenager. | 叛逆期的小孩 |
[37:05] | So? I never let my daughter behave that way. | 那又如何 我绝不会允许自己女儿那样 |
[37:08] | – Well, I’m not her mother. – No, of course not. | -我不是她母亲 -当然了 |
[37:13] | Still, it looks like | 不管怎样 看起来 |
[37:15] | you’re gonna have your work cut out for you. | 你以后有得忙了 |
[37:20] | What in the world? | 怎么回事 |
[37:21] | Why is Hugo leaving? He just got here. | 雨果为什么走了 他不是才刚到 |
[37:25] | Robert? | 罗伯特 |
[37:26] | Why did Hugo just drive off? | 为什么雨果开车走了 |
[37:28] | – I fired him. – What? Why? | -我解雇了他 -为什么 |
[37:30] | He said something that offended me. | 他说了冒犯我的话 |
[37:31] | What are you talking about? What did he say? | 怎么了 他说了什么 |
[37:33] | He said I would need six more months of physical therapy. | 他说我还得再做六个月的物理治疗 |
[37:35] | Oh, honey, I don’t have the time for this. | 亲爱的 别跟我闹脾气 |
[37:37] | I already raised our child. | 我好不容易把孩子拉扯大 |
[37:39] | I do not have the energy to raise you. | 没这精力再来哄你了 |
[37:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:42] | If that’s Hugo, I’m telling him to come right back. | 如果是雨果 我叫他马上回来 |
[37:46] | Hello? Oh, hi, Marilyn. | 你好 是你啊 玛丽莲 |
[37:49] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[37:51] | – Oh, my God. – What? | -老天 -怎么了 |
[37:53] | Oh, you’re kidding. | 不是吧 |
[37:54] | Marilyn, I’m so sorry. | 玛丽莲 真的很抱歉 |
[37:56] | Yeah–we’ll deal with this right away. | 我们立刻处理这事 |
[37:59] | – Be in touch. – What happened? | -保持联络 -发生什么了 |
[38:02] | A massacre. | 一场大屠杀 |
[38:03] | Marilyn’s chickens. Every one of them, dead. | 玛丽莲的鸡 一只不剩全死了 |
[38:06] | A dog got into the chicken coop. | 有只狗闯进了鸡圈 |
[38:08] | Marilyn swears it was Pete. | 玛丽莲发誓说是皮特 |
[38:10] | Impossible. Pete’s gone. | 不可能 皮特已经走了 |
[38:12] | Well, he hasn’t gone very far. | 那看来它没走远 |
[38:14] | Apparently he’s somewhere very close by, | 显然它一直躲在附近 |
[38:15] | perpetrating a chicken holocaust. | 策划着血洗鸡圈 |
[38:17] | What would you like me to do? | 你想要我怎么做 |
[38:18] | Call the dog catcher like you said you would weeks ago. | 打给捉狗队 你几周前就答应过的 |
[38:21] | They’ll just put him down if they find him. | 如果被他们捉到 它肯定没命了 |
[38:23] | Which is exactly what needs to happen. | 它就该死 |
[38:25] | Well, maybe if you hadn’t kicked him out of the house, | 如果不是你把它赶出家门 |
[38:27] | he wouldn’t have to go eat other people’s chickens. | 它也不会去吃别人家的鸡了 |
[38:28] | Kicked him out? Robert, your dog ran away. | 我赶它走 是你的狗自己跑了 罗伯特 |
[38:30] | Because you made him feel so unwelcome! | 那是因为你不待见它 |
[38:33] | Alison, do me a favor. | 艾莉森 帮我个忙 |
[38:35] | – Find me a local dog catcher. – No! Stop! | -给我找个本地的捉狗队 -别打 |
[38:38] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[38:43] | I’ll do it. | 我来 |
[38:45] | I’ll go kill my own dog. | 我来杀自己的狗 |
[38:47] | Will that make you happy, Yvonne? | 这下你高兴了吧 伊冯娜 |
[38:49] | Extremely. | 高兴得很 |
[38:52] | Alison, which one of us do you think is the crazier? | 艾莉森 你觉得我们俩谁更像疯子 |
[38:58] | You, obviously. Otherwise she’d answer. | 当然是你 要不她早就回答了 |
[39:01] | You’re going now? | 你现在就去吗 |
[39:02] | No time like the present to execute your best friend! | 要杀自己最好的朋友 此时不杀更待何时 |
[39:05] | I thought I was your best friend. | 我以为你最好的朋友是我 |
[39:07] | Alison, go with him, so he doesn’t hurt his knee. | 艾莉森 去陪着他 别让他伤到膝盖了 |
[39:10] | – I’ll be fine! – No, you won’t! | -我能行 -你不行 |
[39:12] | Do you mind? | 你不介意吧 |
[39:14] | No. No, not at all. I’ll– | 不 不介意 我… |
[39:17] | When you get back, could you help him | 回来之后 你能陪他 |
[39:18] | with those exercises he refuses to do? | 做那些他不肯做的复健练习吗 |
[39:20] | – Of course. – Thank you. | -当然 -谢谢你 |
[39:22] | All right, I’m going to go read the fourth draft | 好了 我要去读那本 |
[39:24] | of a memoir about surviving a tsunami. | 海啸幸存者自传的第四稿了 |
[39:26] | Needless to say, do not disturb me. | 应该不用我多说 没事别打扰我 |
[39:32] | You ready for this? | 你准备好了吗 |
[39:50] | Look, it’s a hawk. | 看 是鹰 |
[39:58] | There are two of them on our property. | 我们庄园里有两只 |
[40:01] | They mate for life. | 它们是一辈子的伴侣 |
[40:09] | You must be pretty excited. | 你一定很兴奋吧 |
[40:12] | About what? | 对于什么 |
[40:13] | Getting married. | 结婚 |
[40:18] | Or maybe just getting cold feet, huh? | 还是有点临阵退缩了 |
[40:23] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[40:23] | I guess it’s important to Noah, but… | 我想对诺亚来说这或许很重要 但… |
[40:27] | I don’t need to get married again. | 我不需要再结一次婚了 |
[40:29] | Again? | 再一次 |
[40:31] | Uh, yeah. | 是的 |
[40:33] | I was married before too. | 我也曾结过婚 |
[40:36] | Wow. You’re so young. | 但你看起来这么年轻 |
[40:37] | I’m not that young. | 我也不小了 |
[40:40] | We got married right after college. | 我们大学毕业就结了婚 |
[40:43] | Didn’t pan out? | 两人不合适吗 |
[40:46] | Not exactly. | 是的 |
[40:49] | My first marriage fell apart. | 我的第一次婚姻也失败了 |
[40:51] | Don’t let it scare ya. | 别被吓到了 |
[40:52] | You just gotta get back on the horse. | 从哪跌倒就从哪爬起 |
[40:54] | Right. | 是啊 |
[40:56] | That’s what they say. | 大家都这么说 |
[40:57] | Oh, you don’t believe me? | 你不相信我 |
[41:08] | The thing is, I had a child with my first husband. | 问题是 我跟前夫有个小孩 |
[41:13] | He’s–he’s dead now. He, uh–he died. | 他现在不在了 他去世了 |
[41:18] | What? | 什么 |
[41:19] | Yeah. He–yeah. | 是的 他… 是的 |
[41:25] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[41:28] | You poor kid. | 可怜的孩子 |
[41:30] | Right, so… | 没错 所以… |
[41:32] | the thought of doing this again | 想到跟一个不认识加百列的人 |
[41:33] | with somebody who didn’t know Gabriel just– | 再经历一次这种事真是… |
[41:36] | That was his name? Your son? | 那是你儿子的名字吗 |
[42:03] | Do you mind if I ask how he died? | 介意我问问他是怎么去世的吗 |
[42:06] | Uh, no. No. | 不 没事的 |
[42:10] | He died of something called secondary drowning. | 他死于继发性淹溺 |
[42:13] | It’s very rare. | 这很少见 |
[42:16] | Children go swimming, and they… | 小孩子去游泳 |
[42:19] | accidentally swallow too much water. | 有时候不小心吞了太多水 |
[42:21] | – And then later… – Oh. | -然后过了一段时间 -这样啊 |
[42:28] | I didn’t know how sick he was, | 我不知道他情况那么严重 |
[42:30] | and I didn’t take him to the hospital. | 就没带他去医院 |
[42:34] | He died in his sleep. | 他在睡梦中走了 |
[42:40] | And so you carry that with you. | 这么说你一直怪罪自己 |
[42:42] | Yeah, I do. Yeah. | 没错 我是的 |
[42:50] | That’s, uh… | 这真是 |
[42:55] | That’s the worst thing in the world, kid. | 这真是世界上最糟糕的事了 孩子 |
[43:02] | And your Noah, he knows all this? | 那你的诺亚 他知道这些吗 |
[43:06] | Some of it. | 知道一部分 |
[43:08] | Well… | 这样啊 |
[43:15] | What you got there? | 你手里是什么 |
[43:19] | it’s Gabriel’s stone. | 是加百列的石头 |
[43:22] | He was a worrier. | 他总是愁云密布 |
[43:23] | A really sensitive kid. So… | 特别多愁善感的小孩 所以… |
[43:27] | We used to go down to the beach, | 以前我们会去海边 |
[43:28] | and we’d collect these rocks | 收集那些被海浪 |
[43:30] | that the waves had carved a little pocket into. | 冲刷成凹形的石头 |
[43:35] | And I told him, whenever he was worried, | 我告诉他 每当他忧愁的时候 |
[43:37] | he just had to rub the rock and everything would be fine. | 只要抚摸石头 一切就会没事了 |
[43:45] | He believed me. | 他很相信我 |
[43:58] | – You okay? – Yeah. | -你还好吗 -我没事 |
[44:04] | I just thought that if… | 我只是想如果… |
[44:07] | I could go somewhere else or… | 我可以离开那里或者 |
[44:10] | be with somebody else, then… | 跟别人在一起 那么… |
[44:16] | But it doesn’t ever leave you. | 但记忆会永远追随着你 |
[44:21] | And Noah doesn’t understand. | 诺亚不理解我的心情 |
[44:23] | I mean, he wants to, but he can’t. | 他试着理解 但做不到 |
[44:29] | Let me ask you something. You love this guy? | 我问你 你爱这个男人吗 |
[44:33] | Very much. | 我很爱他 |
[44:35] | I made this mistake with my first wife. | 我对第一任妻子犯了这个错误 |
[44:38] | Uh, I wanted her to understand everything about me. | 我希望她能理解我的一切 |
[44:42] | When she didn’t, that she had failed me somehow, | 当她做不到 她就是辜负了我 |
[44:45] | that it wasn’t “True love.” | 我们不是”真爱” |
[44:51] | You’ve obviously been dealt a brutal hand, | 你的遭遇不是一般人能承受的 |
[44:54] | and he may never be able to fully appreciate it, | 他或许永远没法完全理解 |
[44:59] | but there’ll always be something about him that baffles you. | 但他也永远会有让你捉摸不透的一面 |
[45:04] | Being alive is, essentially, | 人活着 从本质上来说 |
[45:07] | a very lonely proposition. | 就注定是孤单的 |
[45:11] | You have to mostly carry your pack alone. | 许多事你只能自己去承受 |
[45:15] | Nobody gets as much help as they need. | 人从外界得到的帮助总是有限的 |
[45:22] | But in marriage, things get less lonely. | 但婚姻能让你不那么孤单 |
[45:25] | Just a little, but… | 虽然只是一点 但… |
[45:27] | it makes a big difference. | 却能带来巨大的改变 |
[45:41] | That’s him. | 是它 |
[45:45] | That’s Pete. | 是皮特 |
[45:49] | Pete! | 皮特 |
[45:52] | Come here! | 过来 |
[45:59] | Where are ya? Oh, there you go! | 到哪去了 原来在这呢 |
[46:07] | You old rascal. Yeah. | 你这老家伙 |
[46:10] | Yeah. Come here. Come here. | 过来 过来 |
[46:16] | I’m gonna have to kill ya, Petey. | 我必须得杀了你 皮特 |
[46:20] | You’ve become a menace to society. | 你已经成为了这个社会的威胁 |
[47:17] | Here. Oh. | 来 我扶你 |
[47:20] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[47:21] | I heard the gunshot. Did you get him? | 我听见枪响了 你找到它了 |
[47:25] | Robert, I said, did you get him? | 罗伯特 我问你找到它了吗 |
[47:29] | I got him. | 找到了 |
[47:30] | So he’s dead? | 这么说它死了 |
[47:34] | He’s dead. And I need a drink. | 死了 我得喝一杯 |
[47:48] | Was it very gruesome? | 场面很血腥吗 |
[47:50] | No. | 不 |
[47:52] | It was sort of… beautiful. | 其实还… 挺美的 |
[47:59] | I– | 我 |
[51:17] | What can I get you both? | 你们需要点什么吗 |
[51:18] | Coffee? Tea? Whiskey? | 咖啡 茶 还是威士忌 |
[51:21] | – I’ll take a double. – He’s kidding. | -我要双份威士忌 -他开玩笑的 |
[51:23] | – I’m kidding. – I’m not. Luke? | -我开玩笑的 -我没有 卢克 |
[51:28] | Uh, he will have a Jamison’s. | 给他来一杯尊美醇威士忌 |
[51:29] | – On the rocks? – Sure. | -加冰吗 -可以 |
[51:31] | Be generous. | 多倒点 |
[51:32] | And for the lady, a chamomile tea? | 至于这位女士 菊花茶怎么样 |
[51:35] | Wild guess. | 我猜的 |
[51:37] | Fine. Thank you. | 行 谢谢 |
[51:39] | Coming right up. | 马上就来 |
[51:40] | Good. Sit, sit. | 好 坐吧 |
[51:47] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[51:48] | So let’s get right to it, folks. | 我们直接进入主题吧 |
[51:49] | My time is expensive. | 我的时间可不便宜 |
[51:51] | First thing we gotta do is get this case | 我们首先要做的是把案子 |
[51:53] | moved out of Montauk. | 移出蒙托克 |
[51:54] | They fucking hate you there. | 那里的人都恨你 |
[51:55] | There’s no way you’ll get a fair trial. | 你不可能在那受到公平审判 |
[51:57] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[51:58] | Of course I can. That’s the good news. | 好消息是 我当然可以 |
[52:00] | The bad news is that, unless the grand jury surprises us, | 但坏消息是 除非大陪审团别出心裁 |
[52:03] | there will be a trial somewhere. | 这案子始终要接受审判 |
[52:06] | So, ladies and gents, | 所以各位 |
[52:09] | it’s time to talk about that night. | 是时候谈谈那晚了 |
[52:14] | Ah, perfect. Thank you, Luke. | 太好了 谢谢你 卢克 |
[52:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[52:19] | Sit down. Take some notes. | 坐下 记点笔记 |
[52:25] | So, ahem, tell me what happened | 好了 告诉我 |
[52:29] | the night of Cole Lockhart’s wedding. | 科尔·洛克哈特婚礼那晚到底发生了什么 |
[52:31] | Look, I didn’t kill Scott Lockhart. | 斯考特·洛克哈特不是我杀的 |
[52:32] | I am glad to hear that, Noah, but, sadly, | 很高兴听你这么说 诺亚 可惜的是 |
[52:36] | the jury won’t take my word for it, so… | 法官并不会听我的 所以… |
[52:44] | it was a bad night. | 那晚挺郁闷的 |
[52:45] | I didn’t want to be there. | 我本来不想去 |
[52:47] | It was her ex-husband, for fuck’s sake, and, uh… | 说真的 那可是她的前夫 |
[52:51] | I still don’t know why we were even invited. | 我都不知道为什么会邀请我们 |
[52:53] | He was trying to be nice. | 他只是想表现得友好一点 |
[52:55] | – Was he? – Yes. | -是吗 -是的 |
[53:01] | I was uncomfortable. I drank too much. | 我很不舒服 喝多了酒 |
[53:03] | We got into a fight. | 我们起了争执 |
[53:05] | She left. I went to look for her. | 她离开了 我去找她 |
[53:08] | And I–I hit a deer. | 然后 我撞了只鹿 |
[53:11] | You hit a deer? | 你撞了只鹿 |
[53:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[53:15] | Was Scott Lockhart | 斯考特·洛克哈特 |
[53:18] | riding the deer at the time? | 当时骑着那鹿吗 |
[53:20] | No. | 没有 |
[53:21] | So they have you on tape bribing a mechanic, | 他们有录像证明你贿赂了修理工 |
[53:25] | telling the detective that he did not fix your car | 告诉警探他没有在婚礼第二天 |
[53:28] | the day after the wedding. | 帮你修车 |
[53:30] | I know it looks bad. | 我知道这看起来很糟 |
[53:31] | Now I think I can get his testimony | 我想我应该可以 |
[53:34] | declared as inadmissible, because I guarantee you, | 让他的证词失效 因为我可以肯定 |
[53:36] | it was coerced, | 那是被迫的 |
[53:37] | but that doesn’t mean the jury will forget it anytime soon, | 但不意味着陪审团会因此很快遗忘 |
[53:40] | so please… | 所以求你了 |
[53:41] | help me, Noah. | 帮帮我 诺亚 |
[53:43] | Why the bribe? | 为什么要行贿 |
[53:49] | Did you know Scott Lockhart was involved with my daughter? | 你知道斯考特·洛克哈特跟我女儿有染吗 |
[53:53] | Yes, I’m aware of that. | 是的 我知道 |
[53:54] | Well, so does everyone else. | 没错 所有人都知道 |
[53:56] | And, as you say, they don’t like me very much out there. | 而且你也说过 那里的人不喜欢我 |
[53:59] | My book wasn’t exactly well received. | 我的书并不是那么受欢迎 |
[54:03] | People thought it was… | 人们觉得它太… |
[54:06] | exploitative. | 披露现实 |
[54:08] | Look, I heard Scott got killed. A hit-and-run. | 我听说斯考特被杀了 驾车肇事逃逸 |
[54:11] | No suspect. | 没有嫌疑人 |
[54:13] | And there I was, having hit a deer, | 而那时的我 刚好撞过一头鹿 |
[54:15] | which, by the way, are everywhere in Montauk. | 说起来 蒙托克到处都是 |
[54:17] | I’ve got deer blood and guts on my fucking car. So… | 我车上全是该死的鹿血和内脏 所以… |
[54:22] | how do you think that makes me look? | 你觉得那会让我看起来如何 |
[54:24] | You were worried you’d be named as a potential suspect? | 你是担心自己可能成为嫌犯吗 |
[54:27] | I just wanted to keep my name out of the press. | 我只是不想让自己的名字见报 |
[54:30] | It was idiotic. I see that now. | 这很蠢 我现在明白了 |
[54:32] | It was a total lapse in judgment. | 我当时完全没想清楚 |
[54:38] | You know they have you on tape threatening to kill Scott. | 你知道他们还有录像证明你曾威胁要杀死斯考特 |
[54:43] | At the Planned Parenthood. | 那是在计生中心 |
[54:46] | He knocked up my kid! | 他搞大了我女儿肚子 |
[54:47] | Noah. | 诺亚 |
[54:54] | Scott Lockhart was a low-life and a creep. | 斯考特·洛克哈特是个人渣败类 |
[55:01] | And would I have liked to kill him? | 我想杀了他吗 |
[55:03] | Of course I would, but I didn’t. | 我当然想 但我没有这么做 |
[55:07] | Because I’m a civilized human being. | 因为我是个文明理性的人 |
[55:25] | Well, I guess we gotta find out who did. | 既然这样 我想我们必须得找出是谁干的 |