时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | You’re a goddamn narcissist. | 你就是个自恋狂 |
[00:09] | You take everything for your fucking self. | 你什么事他妈的都只想到你自己 |
[00:12] | Cole. | 科尔 |
[00:19] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[00:21] | I’m sorry. I thought I could. | 抱歉 我以为我可以 |
[00:22] | It’s just too fast, and it’s too confusing. | 只是一切都太快了 太让人困惑了 |
[00:25] | It just makes it feel not right. | 让我感觉不太合适 |
[00:27] | Allison, need you. | 艾莉森 过来一下 |
[00:28] | Excuse us. | 失陪了 |
[00:32] | Cynthia Rainer, ring any bells? Page Six? | 辛西娅·蕾娜 想起来了吗 第六版 |
[00:36] | “Hot author steps out with pregnant fiance. | “热门作家携怀孕未婚妻一同现身 |
[00:39] | One hitch, he’s still hitched.” | 一次邂逅 将他牢牢束缚” |
[00:42] | Starting tomorrow, you need to align yourself | 从明天起 你要尽可能把自己 |
[00:44] | as much as possible with the story of Descent. | 往《坠落》的故事上靠 |
[00:47] | Noah… | 诺亚… |
[00:49] | You’re not really considering this, are you? | 你不会真想这样吧 |
[00:53] | I don’t want to do this anymore. | 我不想再这么做了 |
[00:55] | I want to go back to mediation, | 我想回到调解 |
[00:57] | and I’ll give you whatever you want. | 你要什么我都给你 |
[00:59] | Helen, all I want is co-custody. | 海伦 我只想要共同监护权 |
[01:02] | You should have that, and you can have her too. | 这是你应得的 你还可以拥有她 |
[01:05] | Hey, Bob, rewind the tape. | 鲍布 把录像倒回去 |
[01:14] | “That’s our baby.” | “那是我们的孩子” |
[01:17] | Heard it as plain as day. | 我听得一清二楚 |
[02:48] | Jon? Jon? | 乔 乔 |
[02:52] | Can I get you a coffee? | 你要喝杯咖啡吗 |
[02:54] | I’ll never get to sleep tonight. | 今晚我是无法入睡了 |
[02:57] | Getting old is a bitch, although the alternative is worse. | 人老了真是没办法 不过年轻更糟糕 |
[03:01] | You want to save the phone records till tomorrow, or– | 电话记录是要等到明天听还是… |
[03:03] | No, show me what you got. | 不 告诉我你的想法 |
[03:04] | Okay, so… | 好… |
[03:07] | three calls to her from Scott Lockhart | 斯考特·洛克哈特给她打过三次电话 |
[03:11] | in early March of last year. | 时间是去年三月初 |
[03:13] | – Yeah. – Then essentially nothing. | -对 -然后就基本什么都没有了 |
[03:15] | One in April, two in June. | 四月一次 六月两次 |
[03:17] | – Length? – Nothing over 40 seconds. | -通话时间呢 -都不超过40秒 |
[03:20] | Weirdest love affair I’ve ever heard of. | 我就没听说过这么奇怪的出轨 |
[03:22] | Then in the month leading up to Scotty’s death, | 然后斯考特死前一个月 |
[03:24] | 14 phone calls to Alison. | 他给艾莉森打过14次电话 |
[03:27] | And she never calls him back? | 她一次都没回吗 |
[03:29] | Not once. | 是的 |
[03:31] | So she was married to Scott’s brother. | 她跟斯考特的哥哥结婚了 |
[03:35] | She was always attracted to Scott, | 但是一直喜欢斯考特 |
[03:38] | but never had a chance to move on it. | 可是又一直没机会行动 |
[03:40] | She starts an affair with Noah Solloway, | 她开始跟诺亚·索洛维搞外遇后 |
[03:42] | and then the genie’s out of the bag. | 就一发不可收拾了 |
[03:43] | She’s acting impulsively, and then she finally | 她冲动行事 然后终于 |
[03:46] | has that fling with Scott Lockhart, one night. | 跟斯考特·洛克哈特发生了一夜情 |
[03:51] | But now she’s pregnant. | 但现在她怀孕了 |
[03:53] | Now she’s in a bind. | 她陷入了困境 |
[03:55] | Maybe the baby’s Solloway’s. | 孩子可能是索洛维的 |
[03:56] | Maybe it’s Scott Lockhart’s. | 也可能是斯考特·洛克哈特的 |
[03:57] | Maybe she doesn’t want to know. | 或许她根本不想知道是谁的 |
[04:00] | One thing she knows for sure, Noah Solloway is a good thing, | 但她确定 诺亚·索洛维是根大腿 |
[04:04] | and she doesn’t want to lose that. Plausible? | 她一定得抱好 推断合理吗 |
[04:06] | Plausible. | 合理 |
[04:07] | But Scott Lockhart is in love with her. | 但斯考特·洛克哈特爱上她了 |
[04:09] | As far as he’s concerned, she was always the one. | 在他看来 她一直是他的真爱 |
[04:12] | After the fling, he calls her a few times. | 一夜情之后 他又给她打了几次电话 |
[04:14] | She never calls him back. | 但她从没给他回电话 |
[04:17] | She just wants to put this whole thing behind her. | 她想让这整件事都过去 |
[04:21] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[04:23] | And then what, what, what? | 然后什么 |
[04:24] | Tell me, what? | 告诉我 什么 |
[04:26] | Lockhart threatens to tell Solloway | 洛克哈特威胁说要告诉索洛维 |
[04:28] | the baby’s actually his. | 孩子其实是他的 |
[04:30] | – Okay, plausible. – Or he blackmails her. | -合理推断 -或者他敲诈她 |
[04:33] | Which is not unbelievable. | 这也有可能 |
[04:35] | They seem to be a transactional crowd out there. | 他们好像是很物质的人 |
[04:38] | Or–or he is so delusional, | 或者 或者他异想天开 |
[04:42] | he thinks that she will leave Noah and actually be with him. | 以为她会离开诺亚 跟他在一起 |
[04:47] | Look, any scenario we give her, | 不管是哪种情况 |
[04:51] | they’re all equally bad for her. | 都对她非常不利 |
[04:53] | Regardless, at the wedding it comes to a head. | 无论如何 婚礼时算到了关键时刻 |
[04:55] | He hasn’t seen her in over a year. | 他已经一年多没见她了 |
[04:57] | He loses it on her, thus the tape. | 他失控了 所以才有了那段录像 |
[05:00] | Later she’s drunk, driving home, | 后来她喝醉了 开车回家 |
[05:03] | back to the city, tipsy. | 喝得醉醺醺地回市里 |
[05:05] | She–she loosens her inhibitions. | 她想释放自己的压力 |
[05:08] | She sees a figure on the side of the road, | 他看到路边有个人 |
[05:12] | and as she comes up upon him, she realizes… | 接近时 她意识到… |
[05:15] | It’s Scotty. | 那是斯科蒂 |
[05:17] | And just a twitch of the wheel, | 所以就一打方向盘 |
[05:19] | just one twitch. | 一打就够了 |
[05:23] | Where’s Solloway when she does it? | 她这么做的时候索洛维在哪里 |
[05:24] | Not our job to establish. | 这我们就不用操心了 |
[05:34] | Helen, what can I do for you? | 海伦 有什么事吗 |
[05:38] | Can we talk? | 能谈谈吗 |
[05:45] | So, last year the college | 去年这所学校 |
[05:46] | admitted just 17% of its applicants, | 录取率是17% |
[05:49] | just to give you an idea. | 大家心里有个数 |
[05:51] | There are a little over 2,000 students here on campus | 学校在校总学生数超过2000人 |
[05:54] | with about a 50/50 male to female ratio. | 男女比例大约为一比一 |
[05:59] | Come on, Whit, keep up. | 惠特尼 跟上 |
[06:00] | Almost finished. | 快好了 |
[06:01] | He’s cute. | 他很可爱 |
[06:02] | Who? | 谁 |
[06:05] | – Yeah, I guess. – You should get his number. | -是不错 -去要他的号码吧 |
[06:08] | Tell him you’re in the middle of a divorce. | 告诉他你正在离婚 |
[06:09] | – No, thanks. – Why not? | -不了 谢谢 -为什么 |
[06:11] | ‘Cause I’m not ready to start dating. | 因为我还没准备好谈恋爱 |
[06:12] | Your father and I just got separated. | 我跟你父亲才刚分开 |
[06:14] | He left a year ago. | 他一年前就走了 |
[06:16] | Ooh, stop. Just stop. | 停下 停 |
[06:17] | Right there. | 就在那里 |
[06:18] | Just–all right, more towards the light. | 动一下…好 再朝光一点 |
[06:22] | Yeah. A little more. | 好 再动一点 |
[06:29] | – Hey, hey, Dad, wh–what– – Come on. | -爸爸 这… -走吧 |
[06:32] | He’s flirting with you. | 他在跟你调情 |
[06:33] | – I’m not interested. – He likes you. | -我不感兴趣 -他喜欢你 |
[06:36] | No. | 不 |
[06:38] | That is so sad. | 好可惜 |
[06:40] | Go ahead and file on in. | 继续 去登记 |
[06:43] | Yeah, yeah, you can come in a little closer. | 好 可以再近一点 |
[06:45] | Don’t be shy. | 不要害羞 |
[06:46] | Oh, I love it in here. | 我喜欢这里 |
[06:47] | On really cold days, | 天气很冷的时候 |
[06:48] | they even get a fire going. | 他们还会生火 |
[06:50] | I’m from Florida, and it makes me | 我是弗罗里达人 这里让我 |
[06:52] | – feel right at home. – Payne Hall. | -有种家的感觉 -佩恩餐厅 |
[06:53] | It’s like Hogwarts without the magic. | 像没有魔法的霍格沃兹学院 |
[06:55] | So as any new student here | 这里的新生 |
[06:57] | will learn too fast, | 很快就会知道 |
[06:59] | Payne Hall is the ultimate place | 佩恩餐厅是让你 |
[07:01] | for working on your freshman 15. | 体重增加的终极场所 |
[07:04] | It’s open 24/7… | 这里24小时开放… |
[07:05] | You know, your dad used to work in the kitchen here. | 知道吗 你爸爸在这里的厨房工作过 |
[07:07] | And your Uncle Max and I would show up really stoned | 我和你麦克斯叔叔喜欢喝醉了过来 |
[07:09] | and make him give us meatballs. | 让他给我们肉丸子吃 |
[07:12] | Can you not call him Uncle Max? | 不要叫他麦克斯叔叔好吗 |
[07:16] | Sure. | 好 |
[07:18] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[07:19] | …to get that late night slice of pizza. | …宵夜吃块披萨 |
[07:21] | Okay, moving on. | 好 我们继续 |
[07:22] | Next stop is frosh quad, | 下一站是宿舍 |
[07:24] | where those of you experiencing the dorms tonight | 今晚准备体验宿舍生活的人 |
[07:26] | will be staying with your hosts. | 会跟招待你们的屋主一起住 |
[07:28] | And you are gonna be staying in Sage Hall. | 你要住塞奇楼 |
[07:32] | Oh, come on, Whitney. | 高兴点 惠特尼 |
[07:34] | You’re gonna have a great time. | 你一定会有愉快的大学时光 |
[07:35] | I thought you said we could go back to Brooklyn | 你不是说我不喜欢这里的话 |
[07:37] | if I didn’t like the school. | 就回布鲁克林吗 |
[07:38] | You said you would give it one night. | 你说你会试住一晚 |
[07:40] | I don’t see the point. | 没这个必要了 |
[07:41] | Well, the point is– | 重点是… |
[07:45] | The point– | 重点… |
[07:48] | The point is that you ne– | 重点是你… |
[07:51] | All righty now, I think we’ve spent | 好了 我们也 |
[07:52] | enough time here. | 该走了 |
[07:54] | – The p– – Let’s move on to the dorms. | -重… -我们去宿舍看看吧 |
[07:56] | So this is a typical first year living space | 这就是大一学生住的地方 |
[08:00] | um, except that, believe it or not, | 不过这个可不是 |
[08:02] | these gentlemen actually straightened up for you today. | 其实他们为了迎接你们还收拾了 |
[08:07] | All right, next we’ll move on | 好了 下面我们 |
[08:08] | to the Westin Athletic Complex. | 去参观一下体育馆 |
[08:11] | If you all want to follow me, | 大家都跟我来吧 |
[08:12] | it’s just a quick little five-minute walk. | 走个五分钟差不多就到了 |
[08:14] | Here, it’s live. | 好了 激活了 |
[08:16] | – What’s live? – Your Tinder profile. | -什么 -你的网上交友档案 |
[08:18] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[08:21] | Is that what you’ve been doing all day? | 你一整天原来是在弄这个吗 |
[08:22] | – Oh, my God, it’s a match. – Whitney. | -天啊 配对成功 -惠特尼 |
[08:25] | Wh–another one, Jesus. You’re not that hot. | 又来一个 天啊 你有那么惹火吗 |
[08:28] | All right, just shut it off, please. | 行了 快关掉好吗 |
[08:29] | – Shut it off? – Yes, shut it–shut it– | -关掉 -对 关… |
[08:31] | – shut it–make it stop. – Mm, make it–mm-hmm. | -关…停下来 -好 停下… |
[08:34] | – Make it stop? – Whitney. | -“停下”吗 -惠特尼 |
[08:35] | – Take it down? – Yes, take it down. | -撤掉它 -对 撤掉 |
[08:37] | – Take it down please. – No. | -撤掉它 谢谢 -不 |
[08:40] | Mom, I’m trying to help you, okay? | 妈妈 我是想帮你 |
[08:43] | Because don’t you think it’s a little bit messed up | 你不觉得在校园里转了一天 |
[08:45] | that you’ve been walking around campus all day, like, showing me | 跟我说你和爸爸都干过什么事 |
[08:47] | all the places that you and Dad did stuff? | 也太可悲了吗 |
[08:51] | It’s not like you have all the time in the world to get over him. | 你没多少时间重新开始了 |
[08:54] | Do you know what I mean? | 懂我的意思吗 |
[08:57] | No, I don’t. | 我不懂 |
[09:01] | You have at least five good years left. | 你也就还剩五年的好时光 |
[09:05] | I’m just trying to help you maximize them. | 我是想帮你尽可能利用上 |
[09:11] | You might even have six. | 或许有六年呢 |
[09:27] | I’m not sure which is worse, | 我都不知道哪个更糟 |
[09:28] | those fantastic freshmen suites, | 那些棒呆了的新生宿舍 |
[09:30] | or this shitty motel room. | 还是这破旅馆房间 |
[09:31] | I’m on a budget. | 我有些拮据 |
[09:37] | I think it’s charming. | 我觉得挺漂亮 |
[09:38] | I think it’s sad. | 我觉得烂死了 |
[09:40] | Well, I have my wine in the mini fridge | 房间小冰箱里有葡萄酒 |
[09:44] | and I–my snacks and TV, | 还能吃零食看电视 |
[09:48] | and once I drop you off to meet Chrissy, I’m gonna– | 等我送你去见到克丽茜 我就… |
[09:50] | Cry all alone. | 回来独自哭泣 |
[09:54] | No, | 不 |
[09:56] | I’m gonna wander around. | 我就到处转转 |
[09:58] | I haven’t been here since, uh, | 我从十年聚会后 |
[10:00] | God, our tenth reunion, | 就没回来过了 |
[10:02] | so I’m just gonna walk around, take it in. | 所以我要到处转转 看一看 |
[10:04] | You could do that, or you could meet Richard47. | 或者 你也可以去见”理查德47″ |
[10:09] | He lives five miles away, Mom. He’s a musician. | 他家离这就五英里 是个音乐家 |
[10:11] | Just swipe right to say you’re interested. | 你右划表示感兴趣就好 |
[10:13] | Put your boots on please. | 把你的靴子穿上 |
[10:14] | “I like to bike, am fluent in French, | “我喜欢骑自行车 法语流利 |
[10:17] | and like yourself, I enjoy Indian food.” | 和你一样 我也喜欢印度菜” |
[10:19] | All right, how the fuck does Richard47, | “理查德47″怎么会知道 |
[10:21] | know I like Indian food? | 我喜欢印度菜 |
[10:22] | He read your profile. | 他看了你的资料 |
[10:24] | You made a profile? | 你还编了资料吗 |
[10:25] | It’s good. You should read it. | 很棒的 你也该看看 |
[10:27] | I’ll pass. Come on. | 不用 走吧 |
[10:29] | Whitney, boots. | 惠特尼 穿上鞋 |
[10:32] | Shit, I’m sorry. | 该死 对不起 |
[10:33] | You meant for that to happen. | 你故意的 |
[10:36] | I’m probably gonna have to sleep on Missy’s futon | 我可能得睡在米茜的沙发床上 |
[10:38] | and get bedbugs despite the fact | 被床虱咬到死 |
[10:40] | that there’s no chance of me actually ending up here. | 忽略自己根本没机会上这学校的事实 |
[10:42] | – Her name is Chrissy. – Same thing. | -她叫克丽茜 -一样 |
[10:44] | Can’t you see I don’t fit in here? | 你看不出来我不适合这吗 |
[10:46] | The ass poster, the singing groups. | 那屁股海报 合唱队 |
[10:48] | Oh, not a singing group. | 那不是合唱队 |
[10:49] | They’re jocky, fratty, conservative losers… | 一群保守无聊的体育生联谊会 |
[10:50] | They’re also super interesting and smart. | 他们也很聪明有趣 |
[10:53] | Who will never let me in. | 他们不会收我的 |
[10:57] | Is that the problem? | 你是怕这个吗 |
[10:59] | Are you worried you won’t get in? | 担心你进不来这里 |
[11:00] | I’m not worried. | 我没担心 |
[11:01] | I know I won’t. | 我早知道进不来 |
[11:02] | Come on, Whitney. | 惠特尼 |
[11:04] | You’re an amazing girl, | 你是个聪明姑娘 |
[11:05] | and you’re a legacy, a double legacy, | 我和你爸还都是校友 |
[11:07] | – which maybe shouldn’t matter– – Maybe shouldn’t? | -虽然可能无所谓 -无所谓吗 |
[11:09] | But it does, | 有所谓的 |
[11:10] | and you aced your SATs, and you got good grades this year, | 你高考成绩也很好 今年绩点也高 |
[11:12] | and you inherited your father’s ridiculous charm, | 还遗传了你爸的疯狂魅力 |
[11:15] | so I’m sure you’ll nail the interview just like he did. | 我相信你能和他一样面试成绩出色的 |
[11:18] | You know, they let him in. He didn’t have the greatest GPA. | 学校都收了他 他的绩点可没多高 |
[11:19] | He won a swimming scholarship. | 他有游泳奖学金 |
[11:21] | He wasn’t really that good of a swimmer, to be honest. | 说实话 他游得也没多好 |
[11:23] | They just saw potential in him, and like they’ll see it in you. | 学校是看中了他的潜能 就像你一样 |
[11:27] | Okay, can you stop comparing me to Dad? | 你能别拿我跟爸爸比了吗 |
[11:28] | I know you hate him. | 我知道你恨他 |
[11:31] | I’m just saying you inherited his best qualities. | 我只是说你遗传了他的优点 |
[11:34] | Okay, let’s stop. | 行 别说了 |
[11:37] | What are you doing, Whitney? | 你在干什么 惠特尼 |
[11:40] | I want to have a conversation about something. | 我有件事想跟你聊聊 |
[11:42] | Can you have it while we’re walking? | 能边走边说吗 |
[11:44] | – Because we’re late. – I can’t do this. | -我们要迟到了 -我做不到 |
[11:46] | Well, it’s one night. Please just suck it up. | 一晚而已 忍忍就过去了 |
[11:48] | No, I’m trying to tell you that… | 不 我是想说 |
[11:52] | I don’t know if I want to go to college. | 我不知道自己想不想上大学 |
[11:57] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[11:59] | Like, at all. | 我不想念书了 |
[12:04] | Uh, okay. | 好吧 |
[12:08] | S-since when? | 从什么时候开始 |
[12:10] | I’ve never wanted to go to college. | 我就没想过上大学 |
[12:12] | How come you never told me? | 你怎么从来没说过 |
[12:14] | Look, I don’t want to spend four years | 我不想花四年时间 |
[12:16] | training to spend my life in a cubicle | 学习坐办公室的技能 |
[12:18] | and then spend my life in a cubicle. | 就为了后半辈子坐办公室 |
[12:20] | That’s not gonna happen. | 不是这样的 |
[12:22] | I just think that… | 我只是觉得… |
[12:26] | maybe I want to travel, | 或许我想旅行 |
[12:28] | like, you know, go to Japan or London. | 去日本 或者伦敦 |
[12:30] | Well, you can do that here. | 你上大学也可以旅行啊 |
[12:32] | You can take a junior year abroad– | 大三可以出国念… |
[12:32] | No, or–or– or maybe I… | 不 或许我… |
[12:40] | want to move to New York and be a model. | 想搬去纽约当模特 |
[12:47] | What? | 什么 |
[12:50] | – I met a photographer. – Hey, hold on. | -我认识了个摄影师 -等等 |
[12:52] | What– you– hold on. | 你… 等等 |
[12:53] | You met a photographer? | 你认识了个摄影师吗 |
[12:55] | He thinks I could be something. | 他觉得我有前途 |
[12:56] | Who is this photographer? | 那人叫什么名字 |
[12:58] | He saw me at a party. | 他在一个派对上见到我 |
[12:59] | He gave me his number. | 给了我他的电话 |
[13:00] | I went to see him. | 我去找了他 |
[13:01] | He’s totally legit. | 他很专业 |
[13:03] | He says he shot Christy Turlington’s | 说克里斯蒂·特林顿第一套作品 |
[13:04] | first portfolio. – Oh, Jesus Christ. | -就是他拍的 -天啊 |
[13:06] | – What? – Christy Turlington is my age. | -干什么 -她都跟我一样老了 |
[13:08] | – So what? – So how old is he? | -所以呢 -所以他多大了 |
[13:11] | – Why does that matter? – You’re not gonna be a model. | -这有什么关系 -你当不成模特的 |
[13:13] | I-I knew this was how you’d react. | 我就知道你是这反应 |
[13:16] | I mean, a professional model? | 职业模特吗 |
[13:19] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[13:21] | To meet Chrissy. | 去找克丽茜 |
[13:24] | You know what? I want the name of that photographer | 我要你把那个摄影师的名字 |
[13:26] | and a phone number because for all you know, | 和电话都给我 谁知道呢 |
[13:28] | he could be a sexual predator. | 说不定他是个淫魔 |
[13:29] | Are you saying he’s a pimp? | 你是说他是皮条客吗 |
[13:30] | No. | 不 |
[13:31] | What does that make me? | 那我是什么 |
[13:32] | All I’m saying is of course you’re beautiful, | 我只是说 你的确漂亮 |
[13:36] | but you also have a tremendous brain that you haven’t even | 但你的脑子也非常聪明 |
[13:39] | given yourself a chance to see what you could do with. | 你要给它机会去发挥 |
[13:41] | I don’t want to go to college. It’s not for me. | 我不想上大学 那不适合我 |
[13:44] | How many times do I have to tell you? | 我要跟你说多少遍 |
[13:46] | I’m sorry. I’m your mother, | 抱歉 我是你妈妈 |
[13:47] | and you’re so young, you don’t know anything yet. | 你太年轻了 还什么都不懂 |
[13:50] | And I can’t condone this. I can’t. | 我不会同意的 不可能 |
[13:53] | What if I’m not asking you to condone it? | 如果我没让你同意呢 |
[13:55] | What if I’m just telling you what’s about to happen? | 只是告诉你下面要发生的事 |
[13:58] | You’re not gonna go to school, | 你不上大学 |
[13:59] | and you’re gonna be a model? | 去当模特吗 |
[14:01] | – Yes. – I’m not paying for that. | -对 -我不会给你钱的 |
[14:02] | – I’m not asking you to. – Really? | -我没问你要 -真的吗 |
[14:04] | Where are you gonna live? | 那你能住哪 |
[14:05] | – What are you gonna eat? – I’ll figure it out. | -能吃什么 -我自己想办法 |
[14:08] | You don’t even know your own social security number. | 你连自己的社保号码都不知道 |
[14:09] | Who gives a fuck? I’ll figure it out! | 谁在乎 我会想办法的 |
[14:11] | Whitney, stop it. | 惠特尼 别闹了 |
[14:13] | Why is it so difficult for you to imagine | 为什么让你明白 |
[14:15] | that I might actually be able to support myself? | 我能养得活自己就那么难 |
[14:18] | – What I’m saying, you don’t– – Because you never did? | -我是说… -因为你没办到过吗 |
[14:23] | Well, guess what, Mom? I’m not you. | 你猜怎么着 我可不是你 |
[14:27] | I’m not you, okay? | 我不是你 好吗 |
[14:29] | I’m not gonna live off my parents for the rest of my fucking life. | 我不会后半辈子都靠父母的 |
[14:35] | Is that Dad? | 那是爸爸吗 |
[14:39] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[14:40] | Whitney, what– what are you doing? | 惠特尼 你怎么在这 |
[14:43] | What are you doing? | 你怎么在这 |
[14:47] | – What’s up? Why are you here? – What are you doing here? | -你怎么来这了 -你怎么在这 |
[14:49] | I’m– | 我… |
[14:51] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[14:53] | Book tour. I’ve got a reading tonight. | 新书宣传 今晚有读书会 |
[14:55] | – What are you doing here? – Whitney’s college tour. | -你们来干什么 -惠特尼来参观大学 |
[14:58] | Are you considering Williams? | 你想上威廉姆斯吗 |
[14:59] | No, Daddy, I’m not. | 没有 爸爸 |
[15:01] | I’m confused. What– | 我糊涂了 这是怎么… |
[15:01] | Yes, I sent you the whole itinerary a month ago. | 我一个月前就把参观计划发你了 |
[15:05] | Sorry, we just added these dates a couple of days ago. | 抱歉 我们宣传活动最近又加了几站 |
[15:07] | This response has been insane. | 新书反响很热烈 |
[15:08] | Is this where you’re staying? | 你住在这里吗 |
[15:09] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:10] | Do you have a suite or anything? | 住的是套房还是什么 |
[15:12] | Uh, I don’t know. I’ll check. | 不知道 我来问问 |
[15:13] | – Hey, Eden? – Who’s that? | -伊登 -她是谁 |
[15:16] | That’s my publicist. | 我的公关经理 |
[15:17] | Eden, this is my daughter Whitney and my, um, ex– | 伊登 这是我女儿惠特尼和我前… |
[15:19] | – Ex-wife. – Ex, Helen. | -前妻 -前… 海伦 |
[15:21] | I gave you the dates, right, for the college tour? | 我把大学参观的日期告诉你了吧 |
[15:24] | Uh, I think so. | 我想是的 |
[15:25] | Did you know that we were all gonna be here | 你知道我们会在同一时间 |
[15:27] | at the same time? | 出现在这里吗 |
[15:28] | Um, let me check iCal. | 让我查查日程安排 |
[15:31] | Oh, yes, look at that. | 没错 瞧 |
[15:33] | Your wife and daughter’ll be in Liamstown today. | 你的妻女今天会在利安姆斯镇 |
[15:35] | Can I stay with you? | 我能跟你住吗 |
[15:36] | – Sure. – No, she can’t stay with you. | -当然 -不行 她不能跟你住 |
[15:38] | Hey, sorry. Are you Whitney? | 打扰一下 你是惠特尼吗 |
[15:41] | Yeah. | 我是 |
[15:42] | I’m Chrissy. | 我是克丽茜 |
[15:46] | This is Whitney’s dorm host | 这是惠特尼的宿舍伙伴 |
[15:47] | because she’s staying in Sage tonight. | 今晚她会住在塞奇楼 |
[15:50] | – Sage Hall? – Exactly. | -塞奇楼吗 -没错 |
[15:53] | We have room for her, don’t we? | 我们这有她住的地方 对吧 |
[15:55] | Or, look, Eden can just book a suite for both of you. | 或者这样吧伊登 给她们俩订个套间 |
[15:57] | – Why don’t you– – No, thank you. | -不如你… -不用了 谢谢 |
[16:00] | Whitney is on a college tour, and staying in dorms… | 惠特尼是来参观大学的 她就应该 |
[16:03] | – I was just offering. – is what you do on | -我是好意 -…住在宿舍 |
[16:04] | a college tour because you’re touring colleges. | 因为这才是参观大学该干的事 |
[16:06] | So I just want you to back me up on this. | 所以我希望你能在这件事上支持我 |
[16:07] | Okay, you’re backed. | 好吧 听你的 |
[16:09] | Should I have them book us another suite or not? | 我们需要再订一间套房吗 |
[16:11] | – Not. – Not, | -不用 -不用了 |
[16:12] | – thanks. – Okay, I’ll just go ahead and check us in then. | -谢谢 -好吧 那我就先去办入住手续了 |
[16:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:15] | Jesus Christ, my head hurts all of a sudden. | 老天 我头突然疼得不行 |
[16:17] | Yeah, do you really want it to hurt? | 你想再疼一点吗 |
[16:19] | Tell your dad– | 告诉你爸爸… |
[16:24] | Tell me what? | 告诉我什么 |
[16:27] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[16:29] | Do you understand her? | 你了解她吗 |
[16:33] | Not really. | 不了解 |
[16:36] | So, uh, do you want to come to my reading tonight? | 那个 今晚你想来参加我的读书会吗 |
[16:41] | Uh, no. | 不想 |
[16:50] | Anything you’re looking for in terms of information | 如果我告诉你任何你想要的信息 |
[16:53] | would be a betrayal of attorney-client– | 都会违反客户保密协议… |
[16:54] | All I’m asking, Jon, | 乔 我只是想 |
[16:55] | is what I should prepare the kids for. | 让我的孩子们有些心理准备 |
[17:01] | The trial is in two weeks. | 离审判只有两周了 |
[17:02] | What’s your plan? | 你的计划是什么 |
[17:03] | I mean, are we– is Noah gonna be all right? | 我是说 诺亚会没事吗 |
[17:06] | You were talking about alternative suspects. | 之前你提起过可能有其他嫌疑人 |
[17:08] | Did you find any? | 你找到了吗 |
[17:12] | We have one. | 找到了一个 |
[17:15] | Who? | 是谁 |
[17:15] | I c–I haven’t even shared that information with Noah yet. | 我不能… 我都还没告诉诺亚呢 |
[17:18] | Well, Jesus Christ, why not? | 老天 为什么不 |
[17:20] | Because it’s just a theory, Helen. | 因为这只是猜测 海伦 |
[17:22] | I have nothing to confirm it with. | 我没有证据 |
[17:24] | Look, I’ve–I’ve–I’m sorry. | 听着 我很抱歉 |
[17:27] | I wish I had better news for you. | 我也希望能告诉你些好消息 |
[17:28] | I-I-I just– we’re working on it. | 我只是… 我们正在努力 |
[17:31] | We still have time. | 我们还有时间 |
[17:32] | What kind of confirmation do you need? | 你需要什么样的证据 |
[17:37] | You said you didn’t want to be involved. | 你说过你不想牵扯进来 |
[17:40] | Well, I can’t… | 我不能… |
[17:43] | just let him go to prison, Jon. | 眼睁睁看他坐牢 乔 |
[17:46] | Please. | 求你了 |
[18:22] | Fuck it. | 管他的 |
[18:41] | I think you’re right. | 我想你说得对 |
[18:46] | Are all these people here to see No– | 这些人都是来见诺亚… |
[18:47] | Noah Solloway? Crazy, right? | 诺亚·索洛维 太疯狂了 不是吗 |
[19:23] | “Three feet further, and he wouldn’t live there anymore. | “再往前三英尺 他就将不再住在这里 |
[19:28] | The wild girl he’d fallen for all those years ago | 那个多年前她为之疯狂的女孩 |
[19:31] | was standing behind him in the brownstone hallway. | 正站在他身后的大宅门厅 |
[19:36] | Her ring, | 她的戒指 |
[19:38] | the one he’d sold his Fiat for, | 那枚他卖车换来的戒指 |
[19:40] | now sat twisted off her finger | 如今脱下了她的手指 |
[19:42] | and accusing him atop the radiator, | 在暖气片上无声指责着他 |
[19:46] | and through the doorway, above the tea set | 穿过门廊 那套她从 |
[19:48] | she’d liberated from a little Moroccan pension | 他们度蜜月的摩洛哥小旅店 |
[19:51] | where they’d spent their honeymoon, | 带回来的茶具之上 |
[19:53] | hung the portrait she’d developed of Whitman as a baby, | 挂着她亲手冲洗的惠特曼婴儿人像 |
[19:57] | the winter three blizzards | 三场暴风雪 |
[19:58] | hit the city in quick succession and the pipes froze, | 接连侵袭纽约 冻裂了水管 |
[20:02] | then burst in their fifth-floor Harlem walk up. | 在他们没有电梯的哈莱姆区五楼公寓里爆裂开来 |
[20:07] | That was the winter he decided to accept the loan | 就是那个冬天 他决定接受 |
[20:09] | from her parents. | 她父母的资助 |
[20:12] | He could live without comfort perhaps forever, | 他可以一辈子艰难度日 |
[20:14] | but he couldn’t stand to see her afraid. | 但他无法忍受看她担惊受怕 |
[20:19] | By the time the snow finally melted, | 等到冬雪终于消融时 |
[20:22] | they had purchased the brownstone he was now leaving. | 他们买下了如今他正离开的这栋大宅 |
[20:26] | What had become of her, | 如今她怎么样呢 |
[20:27] | that bold, unafraid girl? | 那个无所畏惧的女孩 |
[20:32] | What had become of him, who had worshipped her? | 如今他又如何 那个曾经膜拜她的男孩 |
[20:36] | Three feet became two. | 三变为二 |
[20:38] | Two became one, | 二变为一 |
[20:42] | and then he was gone.” | 他走了” |
[20:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[20:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[21:02] | That’s very kind. | 谢谢你的鼓励 |
[21:03] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[21:05] | Okay, we have time for one more question. | 我们还有最后一个问题的时间 |
[21:09] | Yes, in the back? | 后面那位 |
[21:10] | Hi, I’m Sally. I really loved your book. | 你好 我是莎莉 我真的很喜欢你的书 |
[21:13] | I want to know if you believe love can last. | 我想请问你认为爱是永恒的吗 |
[21:19] | Because why not save the easy question till the last? | 为什么每次最后的问题都是最难回答的呢 |
[21:27] | I believe love is a kind of faith. | 我认为爱是一种信念 |
[21:32] | And when two people both believe, | 当两个人都相信它时 |
[21:35] | something very powerful happens. | 就会产生一种强大的反应 |
[21:37] | I mean, look at it this way. | 这么看吧 |
[21:38] | If you and I are in love | 如果你我相爱了 |
[21:40] | and I trust you enough to lean in towards you, | 我足够信任你向你靠近 |
[21:43] | and you trust me enough to lean in toward me… | 而你也足够信任我向我靠近 |
[21:48] | Then we meet in the middle. | 我们就会在中间相遇 |
[21:50] | It’s a– it’s kind of triangle, | 形成一个三角 |
[21:53] | and we’re holding each other up, | 我们相互扶持 |
[21:55] | and it’s very, very strong. | 这是非常坚固的 |
[21:58] | It’s unbreakable, | 牢不可破 |
[22:00] | but if I disappear, | 但如果我消失了 |
[22:01] | then you–you can’t hold our house up alone. | 那你是无法一人支撑起这个家的 |
[22:06] | You’re kind of falling through open air. | 失去了依靠 你一定会支撑不下去 |
[22:10] | Love can’t work without the trust, without the faith. | 没有信任和忠诚 爱无法生存 |
[22:16] | You know, that’s why people say when somebody cheats, | 这就是为什么当一个人出轨时 |
[22:19] | they say he was unfaithful. | 人们会说他不忠 |
[22:21] | Think about that word for a moment. | 好好体会下这个词 |
[22:24] | It’s not about the sex, kids. | 这与性无关 孩子们 |
[22:27] | Does God exist? | 上帝真的存在吗 |
[22:31] | Uh, well, | 这个… |
[22:33] | not–not an entirely inappropriate sequitur actually. | 好像与上一个问题并不是很相关 |
[22:37] | I-I think of God the same way as I think of love. | 我对上帝的看法跟爱是一样的 |
[22:40] | I think if you think that God exists, then He does, | 如果你相信他存在 那么他就存在 |
[22:44] | because your faith and your actions | 因为你的信念和行为 |
[22:47] | bring His presence into the world, | 能让他显现于这个世上 |
[22:49] | and the same is true of love. | 对爱来说也一样 |
[22:50] | If you believe in its power and you conduct your life | 如果你相信爱的力量并在你的生活中 |
[22:54] | with respect of its– of its sanctity, | 尊重它的神圣 |
[22:58] | then it’ll always be there to serve you. | 那么它会一直为你而用 |
[23:03] | But if you don’t, then… | 但如果你不尊重它 |
[23:06] | Well, then my book happens. | 那就会像我书上的故事一样 |
[23:34] | You want my hat? | 要我把帽子给你吗 |
[23:36] | No, I’m fine. | 不用 我不冷 |
[23:42] | No, you’re not. Look at you. | 不冷才怪 看看你 |
[23:43] | Come here. | 来 给你 |
[23:47] | It’s too big for me. | 我戴太大了 |
[23:49] | It’s cute. | 挺可爱的 |
[23:56] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:04] | You hungry? | 你饿吗 |
[24:05] | Fucking starving. | 快饿死了 |
[24:08] | – You want to go to– – Nona’s? | -想不想去… -诺娜家 |
[24:13] | Wait, so you haven’t seen your mother in how long? | 等等 你说你多久没见过你妈了 |
[24:15] | Um, since the day I asked her to leave, | 从我赶她走那天之后 |
[24:19] | the morning after Martin went to the hospital. | 就是马丁进医院的第二天 |
[24:21] | And you’re in contact with her? | 你跟她有联系吗 |
[24:23] | I sent her an email a few weeks ago, | 几周前我给她发了封邮件 |
[24:24] | but she never responded. | 但她一直没回我 |
[24:26] | Hey, are you two ready to order? | 两位想好点什么了吗 |
[24:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:29] | Um, you used to have this thing that was, like, | 你们这里以前有一道菜 |
[24:31] | a combination of a falafel and a waffle. | 是口袋饼和华夫饼的组合 |
[24:35] | – Do you still have that? – Helen, that was 20 years ago. | -现在还有吗 -海伦 那是二十年前了 |
[24:37] | Hold on. It wasn’t on the menu, | 等等 菜单上没有的 |
[24:39] | but I think the chef just put the falafel | 但我想那厨师就是把口袋饼 |
[24:41] | in a waffle iron or something like that? | 放进了华夫机还是怎么的 |
[24:42] | She had her 21st birthday here. | 她在这过的21岁生日 |
[24:43] | It was the highlight of her life. | 是她一生难忘的经历 |
[24:45] | Okay, I’ll see what I can do. | 好的 我想想办法 |
[24:47] | Thank you. He’ll have one too. | 谢谢 他也要一份 |
[24:48] | Okay, I got it. | 明白 没问题 |
[24:50] | I hated that party. | 我恨透那场派对了 |
[24:52] | What are you talking about? No, you didn’t. | 说什么呢 你才没有 |
[24:54] | Yeah, I did. | 不 我就是 |
[24:55] | It wasn’t even my idea. It was my mother’s idea. | 那根本不是我的主意 是我妈妈的 |
[24:58] | She wanted to have some big blowout, | 她想弄得大张旗鼓 |
[25:00] | but it was Spring Fling, | 但那天是春季狂欢 |
[25:01] | and half of our friends were too stoned | 我们一半的朋友那天晚上 |
[25:02] | by the end of the day to even show up. | 都已经嗨过头没法参加了 |
[25:06] | Well, I had a really good time. | 那天我挺开心的 |
[25:10] | Remember how the fire department showed up | 还记不记得那天厨房起火 |
[25:11] | because there was a grease fire in the kitchen, | 最后招来了消防车 |
[25:13] | and you convinced me they were strippers? | 你却让我相信他们是脱衣舞男吗 |
[25:15] | You were so gullible back then. | 你那时候太好骗了 |
[25:18] | Guess I was. | 我想是的 |
[25:26] | That was really something, what happened back there. | 刚才的活动反响真的很热烈 |
[25:30] | You mean the reading? | 你说读书会吗 |
[25:31] | I guess your whole life must be like that now. | 我想这就是你现在的人生吧 |
[25:35] | Have people cheering your name. | 人们欢呼着你的名字 |
[25:39] | I’m the flavor of the week. | 这周我是红人 |
[25:41] | By next week, it’ll be someone else. | 但到了下周 又会是别人了 |
[25:43] | Don’t do that. | 别这样 |
[25:45] | Don’t dismiss it. Enjoy it. | 别妄自菲薄 享受这一刻 |
[25:47] | I mean, you worked your whole life for this moment. | 你可是一辈子都在为之努力 |
[25:51] | I know, Helen. | 我知道 海伦 |
[25:55] | So I have some surprising news about Whitney. | 我有些关于惠特尼的爆炸消息要告诉你 |
[25:59] | Okay, please say something good. | 好吧 最好是好事 |
[26:01] | She’s met a photographer that thinks she can be something, | 她遇到了一个摄影师说她很有潜力 |
[26:04] | so she’s going to move to New York | 所以她准备不上大学 |
[26:06] | and be a model instead of going to college. | 而是搬去纽约当模特 |
[26:13] | How old is the photographer? | 那摄影师多大年纪 |
[26:14] | That’s what I asked, and he’s old-old. | 我问过她 他有我们这么大了 |
[26:19] | Is she serious? | 她是认真的吗 |
[26:19] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[26:23] | She’s serious, | 她很认真 |
[26:24] | and I think it’s our fault. | 我觉得这是我们的错 |
[26:27] | – Why? – Because she’s angry at us. | -为什么 -因为她是在生我们的气 |
[26:29] | She wants to get back at us or get back at me, anyway. | 她想报复我们 或者是报复我吧 |
[26:33] | I don’t know. She seems to adore you no matter what. | 不管怎么样 她总是那么崇拜你 |
[26:37] | Well, maybe she just wants some time off. | 或许她只是想喘口气 |
[26:40] | – Isn’t that possible? – Well, yeah, sure, we all do, | -难道不可能吗 -当然了 我们都想 |
[26:42] | but she has to go. | 但她一定要去上学 |
[26:44] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:45] | Because what if one year | 因为如果一年 |
[26:47] | turns into three years turns into five years? | 变成了三年 又变成了五年怎么办 |
[26:49] | I mean, she’s not gonna be a model. | 她不可能当成模特的 |
[26:50] | – We both know that. – She could be. She’s– | -我们都清楚 -她有可能 她… |
[26:52] | No, she can’t. She’s not tall enough. | 不 她不行 她不够高 |
[26:54] | – She’s too fucking smart. – Okay, I hear you. | -她太聪明了 -好吧 我明白了 |
[26:56] | I just–I mean, how are we gonna stop her? She’s 18. | 但我们要怎么阻止她 她已经18岁了 |
[26:59] | So fucking young. I mean, she’s a baby, | 太年轻了 她还是个孩子 |
[27:02] | and she makes terrible decisions all the time, | 经常做出各种糟糕透顶的决定 |
[27:06] | mostly, I think, just to terrify me. | 虽然大部分我认为都是故意吓唬我的 |
[27:09] | I don’t know. Can’t we just say, | 我们能不能这么跟她说 |
[27:11] | “Look, finish applying, | “听着 先申请 |
[27:14] | get accepted somewhere, and then defer. | 拿到录取通知书 然后延迟入学 |
[27:16] | Take a year and get it out of your system?” | 花一年时间让你尝试过彻底死心” |
[27:19] | – She has to go. – Why? | -她必须去上学 -为什么 |
[27:20] | Because there are some mistakes | 因为有些错误的决定 |
[27:23] | people do not recover from, | 会造成一辈子无法弥补的伤害 |
[27:24] | and I think this is one of them. | 我认为这就是其中之一 |
[27:26] | I’ve got to be honest with you, Helen; I don’t agree. | 是实话 海伦 我不同意 |
[27:28] | I think everyone should take time off before college, | 我觉得每个人上大学前都应该缓缓 |
[27:31] | figure themselves out a little. | 弄清自己的人生 |
[27:33] | Maybe if I’d had a year out, | 如果当年我有一年的时间思考 |
[27:34] | I wouldn’t have had a midlife crisis at 45. | 或许就不会45岁时还有中年危机了 |
[27:36] | Oh, so you are having a midlife crisis? | 这么说你承认自己处于中年危机了 |
[27:38] | – Had. – It’s over? | -曾经 -已经过去了吗 |
[27:40] | Please don’t look at me like that, Helen. | 求你别这样看我 海伦 |
[27:44] | If we don’t give her the room to make these little mistakes, | 如果我们连犯这点小错误的空间都不给她 |
[27:46] | then she’s gonna resent it so much | 她就会无比憎恨我们 |
[27:48] | she’s not gonna come to us | 这样如果她有大麻烦的时候 |
[27:49] | if ever she gets in big trouble again. | 就再也不会来找我们了 |
[27:53] | I just want us to be an option for her, don’t you? | 我只希望她能愿意向我们求助 你不是吗 |
[27:58] | Maybe you just don’t want to take responsibility | 或者是你不想再继续担当 |
[28:02] | for her anymore. | 教育她的责任 |
[28:04] | Why? ‘Cause I don’t agree with you? | 为什么 因为我跟你意见不一吗 |
[28:06] | No, because we fucked her up, | 不 因为我们毁了她 |
[28:08] | and you just don’t want to admit it. | 而你却不愿意承认 |
[28:10] | Helen, | 海伦 |
[28:11] | don’t you have any memory of how you were at her age? | 你不记得当年你像她这么大的时候了吗 |
[28:14] | Yeah, I do. | 我记得 |
[28:15] | No, you don’t. You were clinically insane. | 不 你忘了 你简直就是个疯子 |
[28:18] | Why? Because I shopped at vintage stores? | 为什么 因为我喜欢逛古董店吗 |
[28:20] | No, because you used to get naked during our finals | 不 因为你曾经在期末考试周脱得精光 |
[28:23] | and walk through the library passing out candy. | 然后在图书馆派糖给大家 |
[28:25] | That was a joke. | 那是个玩笑 |
[28:26] | And when we went to the Turks and Caicos | 然后我们跟你父母去 |
[28:28] | with your parents, you had, | 特克斯和凯科斯群岛的时候 你把 |
[28:29] | “I will not bow down, America,” | “我不会低头 美国” |
[28:31] | – tattooed on your stomach. – It was temporary. | -纹在了你肚子上 -那是一次性的 |
[28:33] | Yeah, well, your father didn’t know that, | 是吗 可你父亲并不知道 |
[28:34] | and he threatened to have you institutionalized. | 他还威胁要把你送到精神病院去 |
[28:38] | What’s your point? | 你到底想说什么 |
[28:39] | Well, what do you think my point is? | 你觉得我想说什么 |
[28:41] | You–you gave blood twice a week for our entire senior year | 整个大四那年你每周捐两次血 |
[28:45] | to get the money to get a one-way ticket to Tanzania | 就为了攒钱买张去坦桑尼亚的单程机票 |
[28:48] | after we graduated | 好一毕业就去 |
[28:49] | ’cause you wanted to live with the fucking bush people. | 因为你想跟野人一起生活 |
[28:50] | – Well, I never went. – And why not? | -但我还是没去 -为什么呢 |
[29:02] | Because my parents wouldn’t let me. | 因为我父母不让我去 |
[29:08] | Fuck. Fuck. | 操 我操 |
[29:14] | Fuck, fuck. Fuck. | 我操 我操 我操 |
[29:20] | Where are you staying again? | 你说你住哪来着 |
[29:21] | Is it walking distance? | 能走回去吗 |
[29:24] | I should probably get a cab. | 我最好还是打辆车 |
[29:26] | I’ll text Eden. She’ll send one. | 我给伊登发个消息 让她叫一辆来 |
[29:31] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[29:34] | For what? | 为了什么 |
[29:39] | For making you leave Harlem. | 逼你离开哈莱姆区 |
[29:44] | This is not to excuse anything you’ve done. | 这依然不能开脱你所做的一切 |
[29:46] | I want to be really clear about that, but I just–I– | 我得先说清楚 但我… |
[29:53] | When your first book failed… | 当你第一本书失败的时候 |
[29:57] | I was r-relieved. | 我松了一口气 |
[30:01] | I was heartbroken for you. | 当然 我也为你伤心 |
[30:02] | I mean, I hope you know that, | 希望你能明白 |
[30:03] | because you were so disappointed, | 因为你如此失望 |
[30:05] | but I– | 但我… |
[30:11] | Part of me | 一部分的我 |
[30:13] | hoped it meant you would finally give up on writing | 希望这意味着你能彻底放弃写作 |
[30:16] | and just be content with me and the kids. | 满足于跟我和孩子们一起生活 |
[30:22] | And I guess I just couldn’t see what you really wanted. | 我想我只是看不清你真正想要什么 |
[30:30] | And I never in a million years thought you would be this– | 我也绝不会想到你会成为… |
[30:33] | this guy. | 如今这样子 |
[30:36] | Now you’re here, and I’m very proud of you. | 瞧瞧现在的你 我真为你骄傲 |
[30:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[30:48] | Oh, God. Did Eden do that? | 天哪 这是伊登叫的吗 |
[30:51] | I guess so. | 我想是吧 |
[30:53] | Wow, she’s good. | 她真厉害 |
[30:56] | Look, why don’t you take the pull-out couch in my suite, | 不如这样吧 你去睡我套间里的沙发床 |
[31:01] | wake up in a nice hotel? | 在豪华酒店醒来如何 |
[31:03] | Fuck it, take the bed. I’ll take the couch. | 不了 你睡床吧 我睡沙发 |
[31:05] | I know how sensitive you are to cheap sheets. | 我知道你对廉价床单有多敏感 |
[31:11] | No. You know what? | 算了 你知道吗 |
[31:12] | I’m gonna walk back. I changed my mind. | 我想走回去 我改变主意了 |
[31:14] | It’s not that far. | 其实没多远 |
[31:20] | Okay, whatever you want. | 好吧 你喜欢就好 |
[31:23] | Hey, Helen? | 对了 海伦 |
[31:31] | – My hat. – Oh, yeah. | -我的帽子 -我都忘了 |
[31:37] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[31:54] | Come on, Martin. | 加油 马丁 |
[32:05] | Come on, Martin. | 加油 马丁 |
[32:12] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[32:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[32:20] | Can you tell me everything’s gonna be all right? | 你能告诉我一切都会没事吗 |
[32:24] | I-I’m cautiously optimistic. | 我持保守乐观态度 |
[32:27] | Come on, Martin. | 加油 马丁 |
[32:34] | Gottlief said all the prosecution evidence | 哥特利夫说所有控方证据 |
[32:36] | is circumstantial. | 都不够直接 |
[32:37] | They have nothing to put me on that road. | 他们没有任何能肯定我是凶手的证据 |
[32:39] | They have no proof | 不能证明 |
[32:40] | that I was driving the car that killed him. | 是我开的车撞死了他 |
[32:43] | Yeah! | 漂亮 |
[33:03] | Good one, Martin! | 真不错 马丁 |
[33:06] | Great. | 真棒 |
[34:02] | 伊登·埃勒瑞 《坠落》书评 | |
[34:11] | 《坠落》书评 《坠落》一股新声的崛起 诺亚·索洛维二度发力成绩喜人 索洛维《堕落》一飞冲天 情迷诺亚·索洛维《堕落》 | |
[34:35] | “Ultimately, Solloway depicts a world | “索洛维描述了一个 |
[34:36] | built on the folly of passion. | 充满激情的世界 |
[34:38] | His facade, word by gripping word, loosens and crumbles, | 一字一句 他的虚伪外表逐渐剥离脱落 |
[34:41] | leaving the reader heartbroken | 让无数读者 |
[34:43] | that another page will not follow the last.” | 为结局而心碎” |
[34:47] | That’s incredible. | 这太棒了 |
[34:48] | Where’s that from? | 是谁写的 |
[34:50] | Oh, just some little-known magazine | 就是个小有名气 |
[34:52] | with no influence called The New Yorker. | 没什么影响力的杂志《纽约客》 |
[34:54] | Yeah, no, even I’ve heard of that. | 得了吧 连我都听说过 |
[34:57] | It’s incredible. People keep emailing me. | 太不可思议了 大家不停地给我发邮件 |
[34:59] | Okay, so are you ready for something really special? | 好吧 准备好了看点特别的东西吗 |
[35:04] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[35:05] | Hang on a second. | 稍等一下 |
[35:08] | What–do you need–do you need to get that? | 怎么 你一定得接吗 |
[35:10] | No, no, no, it’s fine. | 不不不 没事 |
[35:11] | It’s fine. | 没事了 |
[35:12] | Okay, ready? | 好吧 准备好了吗 |
[35:15] | Yeah. | 准备好了 |
[35:17] | Here we go. | 来吧 |
[35:20] | Okay, it’s just a– just down here. | 好的 就在这下面 |
[35:25] | Ready? Almost there. | 准备好了吗 就快到了 |
[35:29] | ‘Kay, wait for this. | 好了 等着 |
[35:36] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[35:39] | Is that my office? | 那是我的办公室吗 |
[35:43] | Do you like it? | 喜欢吗 |
[35:44] | Yeah, yeah, love it. | 当然 喜欢极了 |
[35:46] | The chair, the lamp, I got this whole crib. | 椅子 落地灯 还有这个婴儿床 |
[35:50] | Look. | 瞧 |
[35:53] | Look how cute that is, | 是不是很可爱 |
[35:55] | and this thing. | 还有这个 |
[35:58] | Oh, that’s cute. | 真可爱 |
[35:59] | – It’s so cute. – Yeah. | -太可爱了 -是啊 |
[36:01] | And then we have the changing table. | 然后这里是尿布更换台 |
[36:04] | Isn’t that beautiful? | 是不是很漂亮 |
[36:05] | Wow, what did you do with my desk? | 我的桌子去哪了 |
[36:09] | Well, it’s in the hall. | 在走廊里 |
[36:11] | In the hall? | 走廊里 |
[36:14] | Look, you know what? I-I thought you’d be excited. | 知道吗 我以为你会很兴奋 |
[36:17] | I am, but, uh, wh– | 我是的 但… |
[36:20] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[36:21] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:22] | You know, maybe you should go. | 或许咱们还是挂了吧 |
[36:24] | – I know you’re busy. – No, it’s fine. | -我知道你很忙 -不 没事的 |
[36:25] | It’s just–I need to check this. | 只是我得查下这个 |
[36:27] | It’s the–the PEN/Faulkner’s announcing today, | 今天潘·福克纳会宣布结果 |
[36:30] | and you know I’m on the short list. | 你知道的 我很有希望当选 |
[36:33] | I just– | 我… |
[36:34] | I got some inside information. | 我刚收到内幕消息 |
[36:35] | It’s looking pretty good for me. | 说我很可能赢 |
[36:37] | Well, things are looking pretty good for you anyway, right? | 不管能不能当选 你都已经赢了 不是吗 |
[36:41] | Yeah, sure, yeah, looking great, but, | 没错 是这样 但… |
[36:43] | you know, I just– | 但我只是… |
[36:45] | You just want it all. | 你一切都想要 |
[36:51] | Oh, look, I’m gonna be late for my five-month checkup. | 我的五个月产检快迟到了 |
[36:53] | I got to go. | 我得挂了 |
[36:55] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[36:58] | Love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[37:00] | Bye. | 再见 |
[37:07] | Yeah, that’s great. | 那太好了 |
[37:11] | Wonderful. No, lovely. | 太好了 不 这很好 |
[37:13] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[37:15] | May I? | 我能拿一份吗 |
[37:34] | Kite Runner, fuck. | 《追风筝的人》 该死 |
[37:40] | 书评 《坠落》 打着幌子的黄色小说 | |
[37:42] | What the fuck? | 这是什么玩意 |
[37:43] | 书评 《坠落》 打着幌子的黄色小说 | |
[37:45] | Solloway. | 索洛维 |
[37:47] | We’re late. | 我们要迟到了 |
[37:48] | You seen this? | 你看到这个了吗 |
[37:50] | I mean, Ernest Schiffbaum? | 厄尼斯·西弗伯恩 |
[37:53] | Who the fuck is Ernest Schiffbaum? | 厄尼斯·西弗伯恩他妈的是谁 |
[37:54] | What does he know about anything? | 他懂个什么 |
[37:55] | Typical lit major reviewing like he’s got something to prove. | 典型的文学专业生写个书评想证明自己 |
[37:59] | Oh, Jesus, it’s just a student paper. | 老天 不过是篇学生论文罢了 |
[38:01] | Keep up. | 跟上 |
[38:02] | “Solloway’s attempts at a stylized voice | “索洛维试图创造自己的独特风格 |
[38:05] | only serve to illuminate the novel’s shortcomings. | 却恰恰暴露了这本小说的弱点 |
[38:08] | What could have been literary eroticism | 本该美好动人的销魂激情 |
[38:11] | is instead reduced to clumsy groping in the dark.” | 被变成了黑暗中的乱摸一气” |
[38:14] | Who the fuck is this guy? | 这家伙他妈的是谁 |
[38:16] | What do you want, 100% adulation? | 你还想怎么样 百分百的崇拜吗 |
[38:18] | Even Vladimir Putin settles for 98% of the vote. | 就算普京拿到98%的投票也满足了 |
[38:37] | Any word yet? | 有消息了吗 |
[38:39] | PEN/Faulkner? | 潘·福克纳那边 |
[38:41] | You’d be the first to know. | 有消息会第一个告诉你的 |
[38:43] | You know what you’re reading tonight? | 想好你今晚要读哪一段了吗 |
[38:45] | No, you have a favorite? | 没有 你有喜欢的吗 |
[38:48] | I love the shower scene. | 我喜欢露天浴室那一段 |
[38:51] | So without further ado, it is our great pleasure | 话不多说 下面让我们 |
[38:54] | to introduce to you author Noah Solloway. | 有请作家诺亚·索洛维 |
[39:02] | 诺亚·索洛维 《坠落》 | |
[39:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[39:13] | “On the other side of the house, surf broke hard on the shore. | “在房子的另一面 浪花敲击着海岸 |
[39:19] | She unclasped her top | 她解开内衣 |
[39:21] | and stepped backwards into the steam from the outdoor shower. | 向后退进了露天淋浴的雾气中 |
[39:24] | A pit opened in his stomach. | 他腹部燃起了一股欲望 |
[39:27] | Without breaking his gaze, she re– | 迎着他的视线 她… |
[39:35] | Without breaking his gaze, | 迎着他的视线 |
[39:36] | she reached down and stepped out of her bikini. | 她弯身脱下了自己的比基尼内裤 |
[39:41] | ‘Are you coming?’ she asked, | ‘你来吗’ 她问 |
[39:43] | as if he were somehow already inside her.” | 仿佛他已经进入了她的体内” |
[39:45] | I’m sorry, I’m gonna–I want to– | 抱歉 我想… |
[39:46] | I’m gonna read something else, I think. | 我想改读另一段 |
[39:50] | Hope that’s okay. I’m gonna read a different passage. | 希望大家不介意 我想改读另一段 |
[39:55] | Sorry about that. Let me see. | 十分抱歉 让我看看 |
[40:10] | “Three feet further, and he wouldn’t live there anymore. | “再往前三英尺 他就将不再住在这里 |
[40:14] | The wild girl he’d fallen for all those years ago | 那个多年前她为之疯狂的女孩 |
[40:17] | was standing behind him in the brownstone hallway.” | 正站在他身后的大宅门厅” |
[40:25] | Thank you. Thank you very much. | 谢谢大家 非常感谢 |
[40:27] | Okay, let’s take some questions. | 好了 下面来提问吧 |
[40:30] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[40:32] | I finished your book last night, | 我昨晚读完了你的书 |
[40:34] | and I just wanted to say thank you. | 我只想说 谢谢 |
[40:39] | Thank you. | 也谢谢你 |
[40:40] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[40:42] | Two more, please. | 还有两次机会 |
[40:43] | Yes, in the back? | 好的 后面那位 |
[40:45] | Hi, Mr. Solloway. | 你好 索洛维先生 |
[40:46] | Noah, please. | 请叫我诺亚 |
[40:48] | Noah, thanks. | 诺亚 谢谢 |
[40:49] | I couldn’t help but be so impressed | 我对您能如此擅长描写女人 |
[40:51] | at how well you write women. | 印象十分深刻 |
[40:54] | Do you mind sharing with us how you do that? | 介不介意告诉我们您是如何做到的 |
[40:57] | Uh, I guess I just, um–I don’t know. | 我想… 我也不知道 |
[41:01] | I suppose I write the– | 我想我只是写出了 |
[41:04] | the voices of women I-I most admire. | 我最崇拜的女性们的声音 |
[41:07] | Thanks… Noah. | 谢谢你 诺亚 |
[41:11] | Uh, yes. | 这边这位 |
[41:12] | Hi, Mr. Solloway, | 你好 索洛维先生 |
[41:13] | my name is Ernest Schiffbaum. Perhaps you’ve heard of me. | 我叫厄尼斯·西弗伯恩 或许您听说过我 |
[41:15] | I write reviews for the Williams Record. | 我为《威廉姆斯校报》撰写书评 |
[41:20] | Uh, no–no, I haven’t–haven’t had the pleasure of reading it. | 抱歉 我还没有机会拜读 |
[41:23] | Mr. Solloway, James Frey asserts | 索洛维先生 詹姆斯·弗雷坚称 |
[41:25] | that prior to the–the memoir craze, as he refers to it, | 在他称之为自传潮的时期之前 |
[41:27] | in the ’90s, his A Million Little Pieces | 也就是九十年代 他的《一百万个碎片》 |
[41:29] | would have been published as fiction. | 一定会被当成小说出版 |
[41:31] | Where do you think Descent | 您如何界定《坠落》 |
[41:32] | lies on that scale between fiction and memoir? | 在小说与自传之间的定位 |
[41:35] | Uh, are you a lit major? | 你是文学专业的吗 |
[41:39] | Well, I think we can just assume that James Frey | 我想可以这么说 詹姆斯·弗雷 |
[41:42] | is creating a dense philosophy | 这么做只是为了 |
[41:44] | for the purpose of justifying his own fiasco, don’t you? | 给他的惨败找个合适的借口吧 |
[41:49] | And my book is– | 而我的书… |
[41:50] | my book is fiction. | 我的书是小说 |
[41:52] | Would you consider it literary fiction? | 你会称之为文学小说吗 |
[41:54] | I believe it is being considered as such, yes. | 我想大家都是这么认为的 没错 |
[41:57] | And do you see anyone reading your book in five years? | 您觉得五年之后还有人会读您的书吗 |
[42:02] | Well, for– for the sake of your generation, | 这个 考虑到你们这一代人的需求 |
[42:05] | I hope that in five years it’s gonna be translated into emoji. | 我希望五年后这本书能被翻译成表情文字 |
[42:09] | During your reading, they announced that the PEN/Faulkner | 在您读书的时候 潘·福克纳刚刚宣布了 |
[42:12] | was awarded to Annie Zheng. | 今年当选的作家是安妮·郑 |
[42:15] | Are you disappointed? | 您失望吗 |
[42:19] | No, I– | 不 我… |
[42:20] | Annie is a brilliant writer, and, uh… | 安妮是为优秀的作家 而且… |
[42:24] | Nothing could, um, be more important to me right now | 目前来说 没什么能比我这些 |
[42:28] | than these devoted fans that I seem to have. | 忠实的读者更加重要 |
[42:41] | Motherfucker. | 狗娘养的 |
[42:42] | You are the smoothest son of a bitch alive, okay? Ready? | 你必须维持最圆滑的一面 知道吗 准备好没 |
[42:47] | All right, yeah. | 好了 我能行 |
[42:48] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[42:51] | Could you make it out to Daisy? | 你能写上致黛西吗 |
[42:53] | Sure. | 当然 |
[42:56] | Daisy. | 黛西 |
[42:59] | Is there a green light at the end of your dock, Daisy? | 你的码头上也有一盏永不熄灭的绿灯吗 黛西 |
[43:01] | Gatsby, my favorite. | 盖茨比 我的最爱 |
[43:03] | Of course it is. | 当然了 |
[43:05] | And why don’t you find out for yourself? | 不如你亲自来找出答案吧 |
[43:23] | I just got carded. | 刚有人给我留了电话 |
[43:25] | I love this place. | 我爱死这地方了 |
[43:29] | Oh, come on. You’re not still sulking? | 别这样 你不会还在郁闷吧 |
[43:33] | I know, but… | 我知道 但是… |
[43:35] | I mean, fucking Annie Zheng? | 不是吧 他妈的安妮·郑 |
[43:37] | The world needs another time-jumping tale of love | 这年头出版的被文革拆散的 |
[43:41] | interrupted by the Cultural Revolution? | 跨时代爱情传说还不够多吗 |
[43:43] | I read that book. I couldn’t put it down. | 我读过那书 简直欲罢不能 |
[43:45] | Well, people couldn’t put down my book, but– | 人们对我的书也欲罢不能 但… |
[43:50] | You know why it didn’t win, don’t you? | 你知道为什么我没赢吗 |
[43:52] | Why? | 为什么 |
[43:53] | I was the victim of affirmative action. | 我是平权法案的受害者 |
[43:56] | Oh, my God, you did not just say that. | 老天 你居然说出了这种话 |
[43:59] | No, it’s true. | 不 是真的 |
[44:01] | As a straight white man, | 作为一个异性恋白人男性 |
[44:03] | I am automatically disqualified from those awards. | 这些奖项注定了与我无缘 |
[44:06] | – You are out of control. – Why? | -你简直疯了 -为什么 |
[44:08] | – ‘Cause I’m telling the truth? – Oh! | -因为我说的是实话吗 -天哪 |
[44:10] | It’s impossible to be a man in 2015. | 这年头做个男人简直太不容易了 |
[44:12] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[44:15] | Okay, whatever, the Corrections lost to fucking Bel Canto. | 好吧 《纠正》居然输给了该死的《美声》 |
[44:18] | I loved Bel Canto. | 我喜欢《美声》 |
[44:22] | I wish you’d stop laughing. I– | 我说你能别笑了吗 我… |
[44:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:29] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[44:31] | – Tell me how you feel. – It’s okay, I don’t– | -跟我说说你的感受 -没事的 我不… |
[44:34] | Please, tell me. Tell me. Tell me, tell me, tell me. | 求你了 跟我说说吧 |
[44:36] | Just everybody predicted it was gonna go to me. | 之前大家都预测得奖的会是我 |
[44:39] | I knew it was a long shot, | 我也知道希望不大 |
[44:40] | but I thought, you know, | 但我想… |
[44:42] | – actually it might somehow come my w– – Wait, just a minute. | -说不定我真的会梦想成… -等等 |
[44:46] | I just realized something. | 我突然发现一件事 |
[44:49] | This is not my job anymore. | 这不再是我的工作了 |
[44:53] | It was my job for 20 years, | 二十年来这都是我的工作 |
[44:55] | and now it’s not my job anymore. | 如今不再是了 |
[44:57] | It’s her job, and I’m free. | 如今是她的工作 我自由了 |
[45:01] | – Aw, come on! – Revenge. | -快喝 -你这是打击报复 |
[45:08] | Go ahead, get it. You can call Alison. | 没关系 接艾莉森的电话吧 |
[45:10] | I’m sure she’s worried about you. | 她现在一定很担心你 |
[45:11] | It’s not Alison. It’s Eden. | 不是艾莉森 是伊登 |
[45:14] | Who’s Eden? | 谁是伊登 |
[45:17] | My publicist. | 我的公关经理 |
[45:19] | I can’t believe you have a publicist. | 真不敢相信你都有公关经理了 |
[45:23] | I know, neither can I. | 我知道 我也是 |
[45:25] | What does she want? | 她想怎么样 |
[45:26] | She wants to know where I am. | 想知道我在哪里 |
[45:27] | Does she want to get into your pants? | 她想跟你来一发吗 |
[45:29] | Of course she doesn’t. | 她才不想 |
[45:30] | Does she know you have a pregnant fiancee at home? | 她知道你家里有个怀孕的未婚妻吗 |
[45:32] | Yes. | 知道 |
[45:36] | Why don’t you give me that number, by the way? | 对了 把那电话号码给我 |
[45:38] | What number? | 什么号码 |
[45:39] | What number? | 什么号码 |
[45:41] | “Mr. Solloway, you write women so beautifully.” | “索洛维先生 你把女人描写得真美” |
[45:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:49] | Tell Alison she owes me. | 跟艾莉森说她欠我的 |
[45:53] | What does she want? Go ahead, check. | 她到底想怎么样 你看看吧 |
[45:55] | No, it’s fine. | 不 没事的 |
[45:56] | Fine? | 没事 |
[45:58] | Hey, hey, come on. | 别这样 |
[45:59] | No, let me look. | 不 让我看看 |
[46:01] | “Noah,” Exclamation point, “Where are you? | “诺亚” 叹号 “你在哪” |
[46:04] | I am having FOMO.” What is FOMO? | 我都快得错失恐惧症了 措施恐惧症是什么东西 |
[46:07] | – I have no fucking idea. – FOMO. | -我完全不知道 -错失恐惧症 |
[46:10] | Hey. Hey, yo! Hey, millennials! | 喂喂喂 00后们 |
[46:13] | What does FOMO mean? | 错失恐惧症是什么意思 |
[46:15] | Fear of missing out. | 害怕错过什么 |
[46:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[46:20] | Fear of missing out. | 害怕错过什么 |
[46:22] | You’re on a tear. | 你今晚很勇猛啊 |
[46:24] | – Oh, my God, drink. – What? | -老天 喝吧 -什么 |
[46:27] | Every time she texts you, you have to drink. | 她给你发一条信息 你就得喝一杯 |
[46:29] | She doesn’t text me that much. | 她也没给我发那么多信息 |
[46:32] | Drink! | 喝吧 |
[46:33] | She’s had a very disappointing day. | 她只是今天很失望罢了 |
[46:37] | – Oh! – Drink! | -天哪 -喝 |
[46:38] | Jesus, make it stop. | 老天 让它别叫了 |
[46:42] | The only way to make it stop is to turn the phone off. | 唯一让它不叫的办法就是关机 |
[46:45] | I can’t see– | 我看不到… |
[46:53] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[47:01] | You remember that fight we had in that booth over there? | 还记得那次我们在那边卡座里的争执吗 |
[47:09] | God, that was a terrible fight. | 老天 那次吵得可凶了 |
[47:13] | I’m sorry about that, by the way. | 对了 那次的事我很抱歉 |
[47:19] | About what? | 为了什么 |
[47:22] | For wanting you to, you know. | 因为想让你那个… 你知道的 |
[47:26] | You know, we were 19. | 我们那时才19岁 |
[47:29] | I know, but… | 我知道 但是… |
[47:34] | I still think about that decision. | 如今我还会想起那个决定 |
[47:36] | – You do? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -没错 |
[47:38] | I mean, especially once I met the other four, | 尤其是当我见到另外四个的时候 |
[47:42] | and they’re so beautiful. | 她们真的很漂亮 |
[47:45] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[48:09] | I’m sorry you didn’t get the prize. | 你没得奖我真的很遗憾 |
[48:14] | I mean it. | 我是认真的 |
[48:24] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[48:25] | There goes that fucking kid. | 是那个该死的小子 |
[48:27] | What kid? | 什么小子 |
[48:29] | You know, the critic. | 你知道的 那个评论家 |
[48:32] | I’m gonna teach that fucker a lesson. | 我得给那小子好好上一课 |
[48:33] | – No, no, hey. No, no, don’t, don’t, don’t. – No, why not? | -不不不 别去 -为什么不 |
[48:35] | – Ow, fuck, ow! – Well, stop it. Sit down. | -操 好疼 -别去 坐下 |
[48:37] | – What the fuck? I just want to talk to him. – Sit down. | -你干什么 我就想跟他谈谈 -坐下 |
[48:39] | Stop with the asshole routine. | 别这么混蛋行吗 |
[48:41] | He fucking misquoted my book, like, three times in print. | 他该死的乱引用我的书 还在报纸上登了三次 |
[48:44] | – He’s an undergrad. – So what? | -他只是个本科生 -那又怎样 |
[48:46] | He needs to take responsibility | 他要学会对自己 |
[48:47] | – for what he puts in his fucking paper. – Oh, my God, | -登在报纸上的内容负责 -老天 |
[48:49] | stop being this guy. You are not this guy. | 别这样了 你不是这样的人 |
[48:52] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[48:53] | Yeah, you do. | 不 你明白 |
[48:54] | You’re acting just like my father. | 你这样跟我父亲如出一辙 |
[48:58] | Bruce Butthole? | 布鲁斯·混球吗 |
[48:59] | Yes, I–look, look, | 没错 听着 |
[49:02] | I have been wanting to say this to you all night, okay? | 一整晚我都想找机会对你说这些 |
[49:05] | You need to be very careful. I mean it. | 你必须非常小心 我是认真的 |
[49:09] | You have been looking for this kind of attention | 你这一辈子都在寻求 |
[49:11] | your entire life, | 这样的关注 |
[49:13] | and now that you’re finally getting it, | 如今你终于得到了 |
[49:15] | I think that you are a little drunk on the power. | 我想你有点过于沉醉在这样的权力之中 |
[49:18] | I’m just drunk, period, Helen. | 我只是喝多了 海伦 |
[49:19] | You know, Noah, you’re not a dick. | 知道吗 诺亚 你不是个混蛋 |
[49:25] | You’ve made some questionable choices, | 你是做了一些不太适当的决定 |
[49:29] | and you don’t like yourself very much for reasons | 而且不知为何你似乎并不太喜欢自己 |
[49:32] | I just don’t understand, | 这让我百思不得其解 |
[49:33] | but you’re fundamentally a decent human being, | 但本质上你是个好人 |
[49:37] | and just because you’re famous now | 就算你如今出名了 |
[49:38] | doesn’t mean you should throw all that away. | 也不意味着你该抛弃这一切 |
[49:42] | You know, my father goes after his detractors. | 我父亲才会去报复批评他的人 |
[49:45] | My father gets numbers from women half his age. | 我父亲才会收下年纪不到他一半的女人电话号码 |
[49:49] | Bruce Butthole | 布鲁斯·混球 |
[49:52] | is no Noah Solloway. | 跟诺亚·索洛维完全不同 |
[50:02] | Helen? | 海伦 |
[50:05] | Helen? | 海伦 |
[50:08] | What? | 怎么了 |
[50:10] | What? | 怎么了 |
[50:12] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[50:14] | Like what? | 喜欢什么 |
[50:17] | Do you like the book? Is it a good book? | 你喜欢我的书吗 写得好不好 |
[50:25] | I can’t read it without crying. | 我是哭着读完的 |
[50:34] | Go home, Noah. | 回家吧 诺亚 |
[50:37] | Sleep it off. | 好好睡一觉 |
[50:40] | Alone. | 别找女人 |
[50:48] | Get home safely, Helly-belly. | 回家小心点 海伦宝贝 |
[50:53] | Good seeing you again. | 很高兴见到你 |
[51:38] | Mr. Solloway. | 索洛维先生 |
[51:39] | Mr. Shitbomb. | 屁弹先生 |
[51:40] | Uh, the name is Schiffbaum. It’s– | 其实我的名字是西弗伯恩… |
[51:42] | Let me ask you something. | 我问你点事 |
[51:44] | Uh, all right. | 您说 |
[51:46] | Who the fuck do you think you are? | 你他妈以为自己是谁 |
[51:49] | I think my name is Ernest Mosely Schiffbaum. | 我想我的名字是厄尼斯·莫斯里·西弗伯恩 |
[51:52] | What business have you tearing apart other people’s work, hmm? | 你为什么这么喜欢诋毁别人的心血 |
[51:57] | Brave artists | 这些勇敢的艺术家 |
[52:01] | who put their fucking heart | 将毕生心血 |
[52:03] | and their guts into things, hmm? | 都注入了他的作品 你知道吗 |
[52:09] | How many books have you written? | 你写过几本书 |
[52:11] | Mr. Solloway, A., you’re drunk. | 索洛维先生 第一 你喝多了 |
[52:14] | B., I’ve written a memoir and two novels, | 第二 我写过一本自传和两本小说 |
[52:17] | one of which is my thesis project | 其中一本是我的毕业论文 |
[52:19] | and which will be published by Minton-Hardman in the fall. | 会由明顿·哈德曼在秋季出版 |
[52:22] | C., I think you should get yourself home safely. | 第三 我觉得你该早点回家 |
[52:26] | You fucking asshole. | 你他妈的混蛋 |
[52:32] | Oh, man. | 天哪 |
[52:36] | Turn that fucking… | 把那该死的关… |
[53:15] | Here’s an idea. | 商量件事 |
[53:16] | How about you never do this again? | 你能别再这么干了吗 |
[53:17] | You fucking asshole. | 你他妈的混蛋 |
[53:21] | Jesus Christ. | 老天 |
[53:24] | You fucking asshole. | 你他妈的混蛋 |
[53:27] | It’s online already? | 已经在网上了 |
[53:28] | It’s okay. I’m spinning it. | 没事 我在处理 |
[53:32] | Congratulations, you’re now a bad boy of the literary world. | 恭喜你 你正式成为文学界的坏小子了 |
[53:42] | Where were you all night? | 你一晚上都去哪了 |
[53:52] | Bad idea. | 这不是个好主意 |
[53:54] | We’re working together. | 我们在一起工作 |
[53:56] | You shouldn’t have come here. | 那你就不该过来 |
[54:47] | We have a very long tour. | 我们还有很长的巡回宣传 |
[54:55] | And I don’t mix business with this kind of pleasure. | 而我不喜欢把工作和这种娱乐混为一谈 |
[54:58] | What? | 什么 |
[56:02] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[56:12] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[56:17] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[56:18] | She stole your husband, Helen. | 她抢了你的丈夫 海伦 |
[56:22] | – I know. – I’ll tell you what. | -我知道 -这么跟你说吧 |
[56:26] | I will not use it unless I absolutely have to. | 不到万不得已我是不会用的 |
[56:32] | I promise you that. | 我向你保证 |