时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | I’m here because the library claims | 因为学校的图书馆说 |
[00:10] | to have unearthed certain pages from a rare manuscript that | 他们发掘了一部稀有手稿的书页 |
[00:13] | I happen to be an expert on. | 正好属于我的研究范畴 |
[00:15] | – And do they? – If I had to wager a guess, I’d say no. | -所以有吗 -要我猜的话 没有 |
[00:18] | So you have, uh, some kind of arrangement with your husband? | 你们之间是有什么协定吧 |
[00:21] | My husband suffers from alzheimer’s… | 我丈夫患有老年痴呆症 |
[00:27] | but we don’t have an arrangement, as you say. | 不过我们没有什么你所说的协定 |
[00:28] | Half the time, he doesn’t even remember he has a wife, | 半数时间他甚至都不记得自己有老婆 |
[00:31] | or he thinks I’m his first wife, | 有时他又把我当做他的第一任妻子 |
[00:33] | whom he loved better. | 他更爱她 |
[00:35] | This has to end right now. | 现在得做个了结了 |
[00:36] | – He’s using you. – You have no fucking idea | -他在利用你 -你完全不知道 |
[00:39] | – what you’re talking about. – Yes, I do! | -自己在说什么 -不 我知道 |
[00:40] | How many assistants do you think he’s gone through? | 你觉得他玩过多少的助手 |
[00:43] | What are you, 50? | 你多大 50岁了吗 |
[00:44] | Maybe she does have some daddy issues. | 也许她确实是有些恋父 |
[00:46] | You know, tends to happen when your father’s a scumbag. | 自己的父亲是垃圾时会发生那种事 |
[00:49] | She tells me everything, Solloway. I know it all… | 她什么都跟我说了 索洛维 我都知道 |
[00:51] | The fucking hot tub. | 那个热水浴槽 |
[00:53] | – Dad, what the fuck? – Shit. | -爸爸 搞什么 -该死 |
[00:55] | What the fuck is wrong with you? | 你是有什么毛病 |
[00:56] | – Dad? – Whitney– | -爸爸 -惠特尼 |
[01:01] | I know you. You don’t know me. | 我了解你 你不了解我 |
[01:04] | No, Noah! | 不 诺亚 |
[03:22] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[03:24] | What? | 怎么了 |
[03:27] | It’s morning already. | 已经是早上了 |
[03:29] | Shit. | 该死 |
[03:31] | We didn’t sleep. | 我们一夜没睡 |
[03:41] | Ah, I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[03:42] | – Why? – Ah, I have to get some sleep. | -为什么 -我得去睡点觉 |
[03:45] | Well, sleep with me. | 跟我一起睡 |
[03:48] | Come on, I’m exhausted, too. We’ll just sleep, nothing more. | 我也累了 我们就只睡觉 不做别的 |
[03:57] | So when am I gonna see you…Dinner? | 我什么时候再见你 晚餐时候吗 |
[04:00] | Sabine is coming home tonight from university. | 萨宾今晚从大学回家 |
[04:03] | I have to be there. | 我得过去 |
[04:06] | Well, afterwards? | 之后呢 |
[04:07] | She’ll be suspicious. | 她会起疑的 |
[04:09] | She’s already annoyed at me | 她已经因为我 |
[04:10] | for having stayed in America for so long. | 在美国待了太久生气了 |
[04:13] | Why don’t you just tell her the truth? | 为什么不告诉她真相 |
[04:15] | She’s 22. | 她才22岁 |
[04:17] | She worships her father. | 她崇拜她父亲 |
[04:18] | She wouldn’t understand. | 她不会明白的 |
[04:21] | Well, can I at least get you a coffee before you go? | 能让我至少在你走前给你叫杯咖啡吗 |
[04:23] | Oh, yes, please. | 好的 谢谢 |
[04:27] | Hello. | 喂 |
[04:28] | Yeah, um, uh… | 对… |
[04:31] | Deux cafes, s’il vous plait. | 来杯咖啡 谢谢 |
[04:33] | Oui. Merci. | 对 谢谢 |
[04:35] | – You hear that? – Mm, I did. | -听到了吗 -听到了 |
[04:37] | Almost fluent. | 几乎算得上流利了 |
[04:38] | You’re getting there. | 你说得越来越好了 |
[04:40] | Oh, merde. I can’t wear this. | 该死 我不能穿这个 |
[04:43] | – I have a big meeting today. – With who? | -今天我有个大型会议 -跟谁 |
[04:47] | With the head of my department. | 我们学院的领导 |
[04:49] | About what? | 什么会 |
[04:50] | About Etienne, actually. | 其实是关于艾蒂安的 |
[04:53] | I have to tell her that he’s not coming back. | 我必须告诉她他不回去了 |
[04:57] | She doesn’t know? | 她不知道吗 |
[05:00] | A few years ago… | 几年前 |
[05:02] | when Etienne first started showing significant signs of dementia, | 艾蒂安刚开始表现出痴呆的明显症状时 |
[05:06] | I applied for a sabbatical in his name. | 我以他的名义申请了休假 |
[05:10] | We didn’t know what it was, and I wanted to buy him some time, | 当时我们不知道那是什么 我想为他争取点时间 |
[05:12] | so I wrote his letter, I forged his signatures, | 所以我替他写了信 伪造了他的签名 |
[05:17] | and now… | 现在 |
[05:19] | it’s over, | 都结束了 |
[05:20] | and they’re going to want to know | 他们会想知道 |
[05:21] | when he plans to return to teaching. | 他什么时候打算回来教学 |
[05:24] | Are you nervous? | 你紧张吗 |
[05:29] | It’s going to be fine. | 没事 |
[05:33] | What are you going to do today? | 你今天打算做什么 |
[05:35] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:37] | Write, walk around, | 写作 散步 |
[05:39] | pretend I’m Hemingway. | 假装自己是海明威 |
[05:41] | I’m jealous. | 我嫉妒你 |
[05:42] | Stay with me. | 留下跟我一起 |
[05:44] | Come on, come on. | 来 快来 |
[05:46] | Come on. Stay with me. | 来吧 留下跟我一起 |
[05:50] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[05:52] | Come on, you stay here, play hooky for the day. | 快来 你留在这里 今天翘班 |
[05:55] | What does “Hooky” mean? | 什么意思 |
[05:56] | Hooky is… | 这是个 |
[05:58] | a very complicated expression. | 非常复杂的表达 |
[06:04] | This is fascinating. You know who built this canal? | 太神奇了 你知道是谁建了这条运河吗 |
[06:06] | – No. – Napoleon. | -不知道 -是拿破仑 |
[06:09] | In 1802… | 在1802年 |
[06:12] | he built it to bring clean water to the city | 他建了这条运河来为这座城市提供干净水源 |
[06:13] | ’cause they had an outbreak of cholera. | 因为当时霍乱爆发 |
[06:16] | I didn’t know | 我还真不知道 |
[06:17] | they knew what caused cholera in 1802. | 他们在1802年就知道是什么导致霍乱的了 |
[06:23] | – What? – I’m trying to kiss you. | -什么 -我想亲你 |
[06:25] | – Here? – Yeah. | -在这里 -没错 |
[06:26] | The guidebook says that we have to kiss here. | 旅游手册上说我们应该在这里亲吻 |
[06:28] | Paris is a tiny town. | 巴黎是个小城 |
[06:31] | Juliette? | 朱丽叶 |
[06:38] | Ah, Catherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[06:48] | Hi. Bonjour, hi. | 你好 你好 |
[06:49] | – Bonjour. – Hi, hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[06:51] | Ah, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[06:53] | – You’re American? – Yeah. | -你是美国人 -是的 |
[06:55] | – Just visiting? – Yeah, just for a little while. | -来旅游的吗 -就待几天 |
[06:58] | – Welcome. – Thank you. | -欢迎你 -谢谢 |
[07:00] | Merci. | 谢谢 |
[07:02] | How is Etienne? | 艾蒂安怎么样了 |
[07:05] | We haven’t seen him for months. | 我们好几个月没见过他了 |
[07:07] | The rumors are that he’s unwell. | 听说他身体不大好 |
[07:08] | No, he’s fine. He’s just getting older, and… | 不 他没事 只是年纪大了… |
[07:17] | My what? | 我的什么 |
[07:18] | Oh, don’t worry. I won’t tell him. | 别担心 我不会告诉他的 |
[07:21] | In fact, I’m happy for you. | 实际上 我挺为你开心的 |
[07:22] | You deserve a little fun. | 你值得好好放松一下 |
[07:24] | You’ve always been so… | 你一直很… |
[07:26] | diligent. | 勤奋 |
[07:28] | I’m late. I should get going. | 我快迟到了 我该走了 |
[07:30] | Uh, I have a meeting with Celia. | 我约了和西莉亚见面 |
[07:32] | Well, of course. It was lovely to see you again. | 当然了 很高兴再见到你 |
[07:36] | We’re so glad you’re home. | 我们很高兴你回来了 |
[07:40] | – Bye. – Good-bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[07:42] | – Bye. -Nice to see you. | -再见 -很高兴见到你 |
[07:43] | – Nice to see you. – Bye. | -很高兴见到你 -再见 |
[07:49] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[07:52] | I’ve always hated her. | 我一直很讨厌她 |
[08:01] | I should get going. | 我该走了 |
[08:02] | I’ll see you later. | 待会见 |
[08:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:23] | Livingston… | 利文斯顿… |
[09:51] | Papa? | 爸爸 |
[09:52] | Merci. | 谢谢 |
[11:43] | Papa… | 爸 |
[14:36] | Oui. | 对 |
[21:05] | Hello? It’s me. | 喂 是我 |
[21:09] | Etienne is sleeping. | 艾蒂安在睡觉 |
[21:10] | Are you still free for an early dinner? | 你还有空吃个晚餐吗 |
[21:40] | Hi. | 你好 |
[21:47] | How was your day? | 今天过得怎么样 |
[21:49] | Fine. And yours? | 不错 你呢 |
[21:51] | Oh, I just…I wrote all day. | 我 我一整天都在写作 |
[21:54] | I got so much done. | 写了好多 |
[21:55] | I love it here. | 我喜欢这里 |
[21:57] | The bookstores are incredible. Look, I, uh… | 书店都好棒 我 |
[22:06] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[22:08] | Merry christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[22:15] | It’s not an original, but it’s, uh… | 不是原版 不过 |
[22:17] | It’s pretty rare. | 很罕见 |
[22:22] | Where did you find this? | 你在哪儿找到的 |
[22:24] | Oh, you know, I know a guy who knows a guy. | 你知道 我人脉很广 |
[22:32] | Conybeare edition, 1868. | 1868年科尼比尔版 |
[22:42] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[22:43] | Ah, you’ve been… You’ve been so good to me. | 你一直 一直对我特别好 |
[22:48] | A few months ago, I was on the brink, | 几个月前我还在悬崖边上 |
[22:50] | and now, thanks to you, I’m… | 现在 多亏了你 我 |
[22:53] | I’m okay. | 我没事了 |
[22:59] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[23:02] | – Merde, it’s Sabine. – Ah, go. | -该死 是萨宾 -接吧 |
[23:06] | Oui, mon amour. | 什么事 亲爱的 |
[23:21] | Sabine? | 萨宾 |
[24:53] | Sabine… | 萨宾 |
[28:00] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[28:12] | Wait, wait– | 等等 等等 |
[28:24] | Juliette. | 朱丽叶 |
[28:29] | Someone will come. | 有人会来的 |
[28:32] | No one is coming. | 没人会来 |
[28:37] | No one is coming. | 没人会来 |
[29:03] | God, I love it here. | 天啊 我好喜欢这里 |
[29:05] | I could get used to Paris. | 我能习惯巴黎的生活 |
[29:10] | What’s that? | 你说什么 |
[29:11] | This is not the real Paris. | 这不是真的巴黎 |
[29:13] | – Oh, no? – No, this is for tourists. | -不是吗 -不是 这是给游客看的 |
[29:17] | So you gonna show me the real Paris? | 你要向我展示真正的巴黎吗 |
[29:19] | I don’t know if you’d be welcome there. | 我不确定你在那是否会受欢迎 |
[29:22] | Well, fuck the real Paris. | 那就让真正的巴黎见鬼去吧 |
[29:24] | Let’s go buy some cheese. | 我们去买点奶酪 |
[29:27] | Noah, I have to go. | 诺亚 我得走了 |
[29:32] | Juliette! | 朱丽叶 |
[29:35] | Isabelle… | 伊莎贝尔 |
[29:45] | Hi, hi. Noah. | 你好 我是诺亚 |
[29:47] | – Isabelle. – Hi. | -这是伊莎贝尔 -你好 |
[29:49] | – Bonjour, enchant. – Bonjour, enchant. | -你好 幸会 -你好 幸会 |
[30:01] | No. | 没 |
[30:09] | Ah, ouais. | 好吧 |
[30:16] | Ah, c’est formidable. | 那太好了 |
[30:24] | Ciao. | 再见 |
[30:27] | – Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you. | -很高兴认识你 -很高兴认识你 |
[30:30] | – Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you. | -很高兴认识你 -很高兴认识你 |
[30:33] | What was that about? | 刚刚都在谈什么啊 |
[30:36] | Current affairs. | 时事 |
[30:40] | Bye. | 再见 |
[31:03] | – Bonjour. – Bonjour. | -你好 -你好 |
[31:25] | All children grow up, except one. | 除了他所有的孩子都会长大 |
[31:28] | You know it? | 你也知道吗 |
[31:29] | Of course. I read it to my kids. | 当然 我给孩子们读过 |
[32:26] | What the fuck? | 什么玩意 |
[33:21] | Hey, my brother. | 你好啊 兄弟 |
[33:24] | Wh– what–what are you doing here? | 你怎么在这里啊 |
[33:27] | Oh, I’m just, uh… | 我只是… |
[33:28] | I’m just in paris for a few weeks. | 我只是在巴黎呆几个星期而已 |
[33:30] | I saw your poster. | 我看到你的海报了 |
[33:32] | Sorry, I-I thought that was Whitney. | 不好意思 我以为那是惠特尼 |
[33:33] | That? Oh, god, no. That’s–that’s Elfrida. | 她吗 不是 那是埃尔芙蕾达 |
[33:36] | What’s– you and whitney aren’t… | 怎么…你和惠特尼不… |
[33:39] | – Is she not here with you? – Oh, god, yeah. | -她没和你一起过来吗 -当然来了 |
[33:41] | No, no, no, no, she’s just running some errands. | 不不不 她只是去处理一切事情 |
[33:44] | Uh, there’s so much to do. | 有很多工作要做 |
[33:46] | It’s a big night tonight, big opening. | 今晚非常重要 有个盛大的开幕式 |
[33:48] | Uh, then I’m on to prague tomorrow. | 明天我就要去布拉格了 |
[33:51] | Mm, you know… | 你要知道… |
[33:54] | I’ve been selling so many of these prints recently. | 我最近卖出了很多作品 |
[33:56] | It’s crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[33:58] | I guess I’m having a little bit of a moment…At the moment. | 我感觉自己现在…快要成功了 |
[34:01] | I’m just feeling really blessed. | 感觉自己受上天眷顾 |
[34:03] | – Where are you guys staying? – Uh, Hotel Les Bains. | -你们住哪里 -勒斯班斯酒店 |
[34:05] | – You know it? – Les bains? | -你知道那里吗 -勒斯班斯吗 |
[34:07] | – Les bains? – No, no. | -勒斯班斯 -不 |
[34:09] | Magical. Opulent. | 梦幻 奢华 |
[34:10] | The linens, my god. | 里面的寝具 太棒了 |
[34:15] | Hotel les… | 勒斯… |
[34:17] | – Les bains. – Les bains. | -勒斯班斯 -勒斯班斯 |
[34:18] | Oui. | 没错 |
[34:19] | Okay, well, good luck tonight. | 那行吧 祝你今晚好运 |
[34:20] | Oh, no, no, look. you should totally come. | 别啊 你今晚一定要过来 |
[34:24] | I’m sure Whitney would love to see you. | 我敢肯定惠特尼会很乐意见到你的 |
[34:26] | Don’t worry. | 不用担心 |
[34:28] | I’ll put your name on the list. | 我会把你列入宾客名单的 |
[35:04] | Whitney! | 惠特尼 |
[35:08] | What the fuck are you doing here? | 你他妈在这里干什么 |
[35:11] | I’m in Paris for a little while. | 我要在巴黎呆一阵子 |
[35:12] | I, uh… I saw Furkat. He told me you were here. | 我…见过富尔卡特了 他说你在这里 |
[35:17] | So you just happened to be in Paris? | 所以你是凑巧在巴黎的吗 |
[35:19] | No, no, I have a– I have a friend here. | 不 我…我有朋友在这里 |
[35:22] | Oh. Of course you do. Excuse me. | 是哦 你当然有了 失陪 |
[35:25] | Wait. Whitney… | 等等 惠特尼… |
[35:30] | How are you? You okay? | 你过得怎样 还好吗 |
[35:32] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[35:33] | You don’t seem fine. | 我可没看出来 |
[35:35] | – Thank you. – Wait. | -谢你关心 -等等 |
[35:37] | Why don’t we get a cup of coffee? | 为什么不一起喝杯咖啡呢 |
[35:38] | Because I’m busy. | 因为我很忙 |
[35:40] | Well, I’m sure Furkat can wait 30 minutes. | 我相信富尔卡特还是能等多三十分钟的 |
[35:43] | Okay, well, that’s because you don’t know what my job is, | 好吧 那是因为你不知道我做的是什么工作 |
[35:45] | you don’t know what I’m doing here, | 你根本不知道我在这干什么 |
[35:46] | And you’ve never had any respect for me anyway, so… | 反正你从来都不尊重我 所以… |
[35:49] | Okay, w-why don’t we have a conversation about that? | 好 那我们谈谈这事吧 |
[35:51] | Enjoy Paris. | 祝你玩得开心 |
[36:02] | Hey. | 喂 |
[36:04] | Uh, yeah. | 是的 |
[36:07] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[36:10] | Le vrai paris, okay. | 真巴黎咖啡馆是吧 好 |
[36:13] | Yeah, I’ll meet you there. Bye. | 好 到时见 挂了 |
[36:51] | Oh, hello. | 你来啦 |
[36:53] | Sorry I’m late. I got lost. | 对不起我迟到了 我迷路了 |
[36:56] | – The real Paris is hard to find. – Yeah, it is. | -真正的巴黎很难寻吧 -是啊 没错 |
[37:03] | What are you reading? | 你在看什么 |
[37:06] | Is it good? | 好看吗 |
[37:07] | Mm-mm, not really. | 也不算很好看 |
[37:09] | Who wrote it? | 谁写的 |
[37:15] | Oh, my god. That’s my first book. | 天呐 这是我的第一本书 |
[37:18] | Where’d you get this? | 你怎么买到的 |
[37:20] | I have my ways. | 我有我的渠道 |
[37:22] | Why are you reading it? | 为什么要看这书 |
[37:24] | I wanted to know more of your work. | 我想更加了解你的作品 |
[37:27] | You must have been very young when you wrote it. | 你写这本书的时候肯定特别年轻 |
[37:29] | Yeah, not that young. | 是啊 也不算很年轻 |
[37:32] | – Can I get a drink? – Here. | -我想喝点东西 -给你 |
[37:35] | – Thanks. – How was your day? | -谢了 -你今天过得如何 |
[37:39] | Uh, it was fine. | 还好吧 |
[37:42] | Did you get good work done? | 有写些好文章吗 |
[37:44] | – Yeah. – Good. | -有 -真好 |
[37:46] | I had a truly crazy day. | 我今天过得很疯狂 |
[37:49] | Why? What happened? | 为什么 发生什么了 |
[37:50] | Etienne woke up. | 艾蒂安清醒过来了 |
[37:53] | H-he woke up? | 他醒了 |
[37:57] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[37:58] | He was his old self again, actually. | 就是他又变回了原来的样子 |
[38:00] | It was incredible. | 挺不可思议的 |
[38:03] | What, is he– is he still like that? | 什么 他还是那个样子吗 |
[38:06] | I don’t know. I assume so. | 不知道 我猜应该是 |
[38:09] | W-what are you doing here, then? | 你来这干什么 |
[38:13] | I wanted to be with you. | 我想和你在一起 |
[38:16] | You should go home. You should be with him. | 你该回家 你该和他在一起 |
[38:19] | I don’t want to. It makes me sad. | 我不想 这会让我不开心 |
[38:21] | Oh, uh, excusez-moi. | 不好意思 |
[38:29] | oui. | 好 |
[38:33] | Please don’t look at me like that, Noah. | 不要这么看着我 诺亚 |
[38:35] | – Like what? – With all that judgment. | -什么样 -带着批判的眼光 |
[38:38] | No, I’m not judging you. I just–I just– | 不 我不是在批判你 我只是… |
[38:39] | I don’t want you to wind up doing something you regret. | 我不想你做会让你后悔的事 |
[38:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:47] | Listen… Juliette, I-I’ve been here before. | 听我说 朱丽叶 有些事我经历过 |
[38:52] | You haven’t. | 而你没有 |
[38:54] | This… These things can turn quickly. | 这些事情… 变化很快 |
[39:04] | Do you think you’re some kind of expert on affairs? | 你觉得自己是外遇专家吗 |
[39:07] | Why? Because you wrote a book? | 为什么 因为你写了本书吗 |
[39:11] | Let me tell you something about my marriage | 我来告诉你我的婚姻里你不知道的部分 |
[39:13] | that you don’t know. | 是什么样子的 |
[39:16] | Etienne made you look like an amateur. | 艾蒂安让你觉得自己是个门外汉 |
[39:20] | Meaning what? | 什么意思 |
[39:21] | He didn’t want to be constrained. | 他不想被束缚 |
[39:23] | He felt life was short | 他觉得人生苦短 |
[39:25] | and monogamy was a bourgeois conspiracy. | 而一夫一妻制是资本主义的阴谋 |
[39:29] | A bourgeois conspiracy? | 资本主义的阴谋 |
[39:30] | And I went along with it. | 而我接受了 |
[39:32] | He had his affairs, and I asked no questions. | 他搞他的外遇 我装作没看见 |
[39:34] | I had Sabine, I did my work, | 我有萨宾 我有工作 |
[39:36] | And I told myself that was enough. | 我告诉自己这就够了 |
[39:39] | So I hope you’ll forgive me if on the only day of his life | 所以我希望如果在他生命中有那么一天 |
[39:42] | that he’s ever wanted to stay with me | 他想和我在一起 |
[39:45] | and have a coffee… | 喝杯咖啡… |
[39:46] | I choose to go out. | 而我选择离开 你能原谅我 |
[39:56] | It’s your daughter. | 是你女儿 |
[39:59] | You’re not gonna answer it? | 你不接吗 |
[40:25] | Everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[40:29] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[40:36] | Here, I, uh… | 给 我… |
[40:39] | bought you this. | 给你买了这个 |
[40:44] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[40:46] | Open it and see. | 打开看看 |
[40:57] | Where did you get this? | 你从哪弄来的 |
[40:59] | Ah, some bookstore I stumbled across. | 我偶然发现的书店里 |
[41:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:10] | I have to go. | 我要走了 |
[42:41] | Fuck you. | 去你妈的 |
[42:46] | What did you say to me? | 你说什么 |
[42:48] | Are you kidding me? | 你在逗我吗 |
[42:49] | This is not the time to be talking about this right now. | 现在不是谈这个的时候 |
[42:53] | I know, but I’ve been trying to talk to you about this | 我知道 但从我们到这里的时候 |
[42:54] | since we got here, and you’re never free. | 我就想和你谈谈了 但你总没时间 |
[42:56] | And why do you think that is? | 你觉得这是为什么 |
[42:57] | ‘Cause this has been an enormous fucking week for me. | 因为这星期非常忙 |
[42:59] | Okay, Whitney, if you can imagine a universe | 好了 惠特尼 你别想整个宇宙都围着 |
[43:00] | that doesn’t revolve around your little derriere– | 你的屁股后面转… |
[43:01] | Don’t do that! I’m not doing that! | 别这么说 我没有 |
[43:03] | I set this whole thing up! | 这一切都是我安排的 |
[43:04] | look, I gave you– I gave you | 瞧 我给了你… |
[43:07] | everything you wanted… | 你想要的一切 |
[43:08] | exposure to international artists, | 在国际艺术家面前曝光 |
[43:09] | an experience you could parlay into an assistantship with anyone. | 一个你能获得给任何人当助理的机会 |
[43:12] | I don’t want to be an assistant. I love you. | 我不想做助理 我爱你 |
[43:15] | – Oh, come on. – I do! | -别闹了 -我爱你 |
[43:15] | And I think you love me. | 我以为你也爱我 |
[43:17] | – I said that when I was– – You said that! | -我说这个的时候… -你说过 |
[43:19] | hen we were fucking, yes, because I like fucking you. | 我们在做爱 是的 因为我喜欢操你 |
[43:22] | Look, I have people inside, guests, that I need to speak to, | 我还有客人在里面 我得和他们聊天 |
[43:26] | so if you’ll please excuse me. | 请你不要打扰我 |
[43:27] | – Don’t walk away from me. – Don’t fucking touch me! | -别离开我 -别他妈碰我 |
[43:29] | Don’t– | 别… |
[43:30] | – Learn your place! – Whitney! | -搞清自己的地位 -惠特尼 |
[43:34] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[43:36] | Now wait here. Just wait there. | 在这儿等着 在这儿等着 |
[43:37] | Wait. No. What are you doing? | 等下 不 你要干什么 |
[43:39] | – Fucking kill him! – Don’t make a scene! | -我他妈你要杀了他 -别闹大了 |
[43:40] | Please, dad, don’t do that. Don’t make a scene! | 求你了 爸 别这么做 别闹大了 |
[43:42] | – Make a scene? He fucking hit you. – Please don’t make a scene. | -闹大 他他妈打你了 -请别闹大了 |
[43:43] | I know. I don’t care. | 我知道 我不介意 |
[43:44] | I don’t care. Please, let’s go. | 我不介意 求你了 别管了 |
[43:46] | I want to leave. I want to leave. | 我想走了 我想走了 |
[43:53] | Whitney! | 惠特尼 |
[43:55] | Whitney! | 惠特尼 |
[44:07] | So who’s this friend you’re here with? | 和你一起的朋友是谁 |
[44:11] | Uh, she’s a… | 她是个… |
[44:13] | She’s a professor, | 她是个教授 |
[44:15] | And she lives here. | 她住在这儿 |
[44:18] | How long have you been seeing her? | 你跟她交往多久了 |
[44:20] | Um, a few months… | 个把月吧 |
[44:23] | Maybe three. | 三个月大概 |
[44:27] | Are you in love with her? | 你跟她在谈恋爱吗 |
[44:29] | Well, I’m very fond of her. | 我很喜欢她 |
[44:32] | Yes, but do you love her? | 那你爱她吗 |
[44:35] | Let’s just say I’m trying to be a little more careful | 我现在一般不 |
[44:37] | with that word right now, Whitney. | 轻易说出那个字 惠特尼 |
[44:44] | Do you want to talk about what just happened back there? | 你想谈谈刚刚那里发生的事儿吗 |
[44:45] | No. | 不想 |
[44:47] | Whitney… | 惠特尼 |
[44:50] | That was not okay, right? | 那事不能就这么算了 好吗 |
[44:55] | Whitney? | 惠特尼 |
[44:57] | You wouldn’t understand. | 你不会明白的 |
[44:58] | Try me. | 你试试跟我说嘛 |
[45:01] | He’s an artist. | 他是个艺术家 |
[45:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[45:06] | He can’t just turn his passion on and off. | 他只是不能随意开关自己的热情 |
[45:09] | You know, he brings the same intensity | 他的生活和他的作品一样 |
[45:12] | to his life that he does to his work, | 情感是那么强烈 |
[45:13] | And I understand that about him. | 我理解他一点 |
[45:15] | I respect that about him. | 我也尊重这一点 |
[45:17] | Whitney… | 惠特尼 |
[45:19] | This isn’t love. | 这不是爱 |
[45:22] | Love isn’t supposed to be pain. | 爱不是痛苦 |
[45:24] | Love is supposed to make you feel wonderful about yourself, | 爱本应该让你感觉自己很棒 |
[45:28] | And real love does that. | 真正的爱确实是这样的 |
[45:30] | A real man will… | 真正的男人会… |
[45:32] | Make you feel safe and appreciated. | 会让你感觉到安全 受重视 |
[45:36] | Like you did for mom? | 像你对我妈那样吗 |
[45:43] | So what are you saying, dad? You didn’t love her? | 所以你怎么说 爸 你没爱过她吗 |
[45:50] | Of course I loved her. | 我当然爱过她 |
[45:51] | Well, maybe it wasn’t real love, | 也许那不是真爱 |
[45:53] | Because real love is supposed to “Make you feel wonderful,” | 因为真爱本应该”让你感觉自己很棒” |
[45:56] | and you made mom feel like dog shit. | 但你让我妈感觉自己像坨狗屎 |
[46:09] | And you didn’t even have to watch. | 你甚至没必要去看 |
[46:12] | I mean, you just left. | 你就那么走了 |
[46:13] | The person who had to watch was me. | 真正要去看的人是我 |
[46:23] | I never hit your mother. | 我从没打过你妈 |
[46:26] | You may as well have. | 跟打过没区别 |
[46:32] | At least with Furkat, I know when something’s bothering him. | 至少和富尔卡特在一起 我清楚他的感受 |
[46:36] | You know, he lets it out. | 他都宣泄出来了 |
[46:40] | You think you’re better than him | 你以为你比他强 |
[46:41] | because you swallowed your feelings for 20 years | 就因为你忍气吞声了20年 |
[46:43] | and then left us and ruined our lives? | 然后一走了之毁了我们的生活吗 |
[46:45] | I don’t think I’m better than him. | 我不觉得我比他强 |
[46:46] | – You’re not. – I think you are. | -那确实 -但你比他强 |
[46:51] | And I’m listening to you defending a man | 我听着你在维护一个 |
[46:53] | I just watched hit you, | 在我眼前打你的男人 |
[46:54] | and I can tell you–you really believe what you’re saying, | 我也能看的出来你真的相信自己那套理论 |
[46:57] | and that… | 但… |
[46:59] | Oh, god, that kills me, Whitney… | 天呐 那种感觉生不如死 惠特尼 |
[47:02] | ’cause I can see I failed in the most important job I had, | 因为我看到了我失职于我一生中最重要的事 |
[47:05] | which was to protect you from men like– | 那就是保护你不被… |
[47:17] | Men like me. | 我这样的男人欺负 |
[47:49] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[47:50] | You–you have to what? | 你得干吗去 |
[47:52] | We’re going to Prague tomorrow, | 我们明天要去布拉格 |
[47:53] | And there’s a lot to do, and I– | 还有许多事情要处理 我… |
[47:54] | Sweetheart, don’t– | 宝贝 别… |
[47:55] | Don’t tell me what to do. | 不要告诉我要去做什么 |
[47:57] | I’m not telling you what to do. | 我没有 |
[47:58] | I’m asking you. I’m begging you, whitney. | 我是在请求你 我是在求你 惠特尼 |
[48:00] | I’m begging you. | 我求你 |
[48:02] | I’m not saying leave him. | 我不是让你离开他 |
[48:03] | I’m just saying… | 我只是说 |
[48:06] | let me help you take a break. | 让我帮你给自己一个喘息的机会 |
[48:08] | Just hit pause, get off the merry-go-round, | 就是暂停一下 休息一下 |
[48:11] | And take stock of where you are and what you want. | 想想自己身处何地 想要什么 |
[48:19] | I… | 我… |
[48:21] | I have nowhere else to stay, and I– | 我没有别的地方可以去 我… |
[48:22] | You can– just stay in my room. | 你可以去我那 |
[48:25] | With you? | 和你呆在一起吗 |
[48:27] | I’ll–I’ll go somewhere else. | 我去别的地方就好了 |
[48:28] | You can stay as long as you like… | 你想呆多久就呆多久 |
[48:30] | A day, a week, whatever. | 一天 一个礼拜 随便你 |
[48:41] | I just want to go home. | 我只想回家 |
[48:55] | Okay, I’ll take you home. | 好啊 那我带你回家 |
[49:00] | What about madame professor? | 那教授女士怎么办 |
[49:03] | She’ll understand. | 她会理解的 |
[49:07] | Just take my room tonight, | 今晚去我那儿住 |
[49:08] | And I’ll get us some tickets home tomorrow. | 明天我们买票回家 |
[49:11] | Tomorrow’s Christmas Eve, | 明天是平安夜 |
[49:12] | And you’re never gonna get a ticket– | 你买不到票的 |
[49:13] | I’ll manage, Whitney. I’ll manage. | 我会想办法的 惠特尼 交给我吧 |
[49:17] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[49:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[49:31] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[49:45] | I’m gonna go now. You get some sleep. | 我现在走了 你好好睡一觉 |
[49:47] | I’m so tired. | 我好累 |
[50:02] | Hey, Whit… | 惠特 |
[50:05] | I just want to say one more thing. | 我还有一句话要说 |
[50:08] | Being a parent is hard, | 为人父母不是件容易的事 |
[50:12] | And I know we haven’t done it perfectly, but… | 我知道我们作为父母并不完美 可是… |
[50:16] | I learned from my parents’ mistakes, | 我从我父母那吸取了教训 |
[50:19] | and your mother learned from hers, | 你妈妈也从她父母那吸取了教训 |
[50:22] | just as you’ll learn from our mistakes | 正如你也会以我们为戒 |
[50:25] | and be better with your children… | 更用心照顾自己的孩子 |
[50:28] | until… | 直到… |
[50:30] | someone, someday, | 某人 某天 |
[50:32] | many years from now, finally… | 许多年之后 最终… |
[50:35] | has a perfect childhood. | 拥有一个完美的童年 |
[50:46] | Night. | 晚安 |
[51:26] | I just never thought he would actually die. | 我从没想过他真的会死 |
[51:39] | All those things I said to you in the cafe… | 我在咖啡厅对你说的话… |
[51:42] | I was angry. | 我当时很生气 |
[51:45] | I didn’t mean them. I loved him. | 我不是真心那么说的 我爱他 |
[51:49] | He was brilliant. He was dynamic. | 他是那么博学多才 充满干劲 |
[52:00] | All these years, | 这么多年来 |
[52:03] | I felt I was the lady in the tower… | 我一直感觉自己被囚禁于高塔 |
[52:06] | Guinevere, stuck, trapped in her castle, | 就像格温娜维尔 困于城堡之中 |
[52:10] | married to a man who was too old for me, | 嫁给一个比我年长很多的男人 |
[52:13] | who was off fighting his wars in his libraries, | 而他只会一心扑在他的事业上 |
[52:17] | and I felt I had been cheated… | 于是我感觉自己被背叛了 |
[52:23] | of passion, of devotion… | 他没有给到我激情和忠诚 |
[52:27] | of true love, | 还有真爱 |
[52:29] | waiting for some troubadour to rescue me. | 等待某个游吟诗人来拯救我 |
[52:35] | But when I was alone in the room… | 可当我独自一人在房间… |
[52:40] | with him, with his body… | 和他 和他的遗体在一起时 |
[52:44] | It was… | 突然间… |
[52:46] | I-I suddenly realized I– | 突然间我意识到 |
[52:49] | I just had it all wrong. | 一直以来都是我错了 |
[52:53] | He was the one who was trapped. | 他才是被困住的人 |
[52:54] | He was the lady in the tower, | 他才是被囚禁于高塔的人 |
[52:57] | and I was the troubadour. | 而我才是那个游吟诗人 |
[53:03] | I am such a fool. | 我真是个傻瓜 |
[53:05] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不是 |
[53:14] | I abandoned him when he was helpless. | 我在他最无助的时候抛弃了他 |
[53:20] | I was angry. | 我当时很气愤 |
[53:23] | I was–I was angry, so I left him to die alone. | 我太气愤了 所以留下他独自死去 |
[53:26] | Juliette, don’t do this to yourself, please. | 朱丽叶 别这么责备自己 拜托 |
[53:33] | Looking after someone who’s dying is–is hard. | 照顾垂死的人确实很不容易 |
[53:40] | Etienne’s nurses got to go home every night to their families, | 艾蒂安的护士每晚都会回到家人身边 |
[53:44] | and even sabine, she would go out with her friends | 即使萨宾 也会和朋友一起出门 |
[53:47] | and go back to her own apartment, | 然后回她自己的公寓 |
[53:49] | but for you, this… | 但对你而言… |
[53:51] | this was your life. | 这曾是你全部的生活 |
[53:57] | After someone dies, | 在某人死后 |
[53:59] | I think we want a… | 我觉得我们会想要… |
[54:01] | tell ourselves a story | 说服自己 |
[54:05] | of how it was our fault… | 这都是我们的错 |
[54:10] | because at least that gives us some control. | 因为这样我们才不至于会崩溃 |
[54:18] | I prayed for him to die, Noah. | 我曾祈求他死 诺亚 |
[54:26] | I’m sure you did… | 我相信你 |
[54:30] | but that’s not why he’s dead. | 但这不是他死去的原因 |
[55:01] | – Find it okay? – Yeah. | -感觉好点了吗 -好多了 |
[55:05] | Juliette, this is my daughter Whitney. | 朱丽叶 这是我的女儿惠特尼 |
[55:08] | – Bonjour. – Bonjour. | -你好 -你好 |
[55:10] | Sabine, this is Whitney. This is Sabine. | 萨宾 这是惠特尼 这是萨宾 |
[55:12] | – Bonjour. – Bonjour. | -你好 -你好 |
[55:26] | I’m sorry about not being here for you. | 抱歉我不能留下来陪你 |
[55:30] | Your daughter needs you, and my daughter needs me. | 你女儿需要你 我女儿也需要我 |
[55:36] | Bye. | 再见 |
[55:45] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[55:53] | Bonjour. | 你好 |
[56:53] | Hey, are you coming in? | 你要进去吗 |
[56:58] | It’s probably not a good idea, | 我进去可能不太好 |
[57:01] | But I’ll call you tomorrow for Christmas. | 明天圣诞节我会给你打电话 |
[57:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[57:05] | Hey, Whit… | 等等 惠特 |
[57:10] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[57:14] | Thanks, dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[57:38] | Hey, dad… | 等等 爸爸 |
[57:41] | Hey, Martin. | 马丁 |
[57:42] | Uh, I’m taking Trevor and Stacey tomorrow to central park. | 明天我准备带特雷弗和史黛丝去中央公园 |
[57:44] | We’re going sledding. | 一起乘雪橇 |
[57:46] | Do you want to come? | 你要一起来吗 |
[57:49] | Yeah, yeah, I’d love to. | 当然 我很乐意 |
[57:53] | Meet us at Poet’s Walk at two? | 两点在诗人漫步见行吗 |
[57:55] | Okay, two. Perfect. | 没问题 两点见 |
[58:25] | Where we go, everybody. | 我们接下来去哪 |