时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Do you remember the first time you saw her? | 你记得第一次见她的情景吗 |
[00:09] | Like it was yesterday. | 历历在目 |
[00:11] | I have to leave. | 我必须离开 |
[00:13] | We’ve lived together for half our lives. | 我们在一起过了半辈子 |
[00:15] | I’m in love with someone else. | 我爱上了别人 |
[00:17] | I want you to get the fuck out of my house. | 我要你立刻滚出我的房子 |
[00:19] | What if I moved to Montauk? | 我搬到蒙托克来怎么样 |
[00:20] | Why? | 为什么 |
[00:21] | To be with you. | 跟你在一起 |
[00:22] | Look, I know I was a jerk, but I… | 听着 我知道我是个混蛋 但是我… |
[00:25] | I just got out of three years in prison. | 我刚刚走出三年的牢狱生活 |
[00:27] | I don’t want what I used to. | 我不想像以前那样 |
[00:29] | I just want a simple life. | 我只想过简单的生活 |
[00:30] | I just want to get back into teaching. | 我只想回去教书 |
[00:32] | I want to live with someone I love. | 我想和我爱的人一起生活 |
[00:33] | You were the best thing that ever happened to me. | 你是我生命中遇见的最美好的事情 |
[00:35] | No, I, uh… I want a divorce, Noah. | 不 我… 我想离婚 诺亚 |
[00:38] | How’s Vik? | 维克怎么样了 |
[00:40] | He’s good. | 挺好的 |
[00:42] | He just got a major job offer in L.A. | 他刚得到一个洛杉矶的工作机会 |
[00:45] | The children’s hospital there. | 在当地的儿童医院 |
[00:46] | This fella’s quite a catch. | 这个小伙子看起来挺不错的 |
[00:48] | Handsome, polite, a doctor. | 英俊 绅士 还是一位医生 |
[00:51] | Anyone would be an improvement after your first husband. | 谁都比第一任丈夫要好 |
[00:55] | Noah’s not doing well, huh? | 诺亚情况不太好 是吧 |
[00:56] | Well, he’s downstairs. | 他在楼下 |
[00:58] | I’ll tell him to leave right now. | 我马上就让他离开 |
[01:00] | You do what you want, Helen. | 你爱干什么干什么 海伦 |
[01:01] | Because I get how this goes. | 因为我知道事情会发展成什么样 |
[01:03] | He leaves now. | 他现在走 |
[01:04] | Whenever he shows up with his bullshit, | 只要他一出现随便扯两句 |
[01:05] | you let him right back fucking in. | 你他妈就会立刻让他进来 |
[01:07] | Why can’t you just let him go? | 你为什么不直接让他走呢 |
[01:09] | Thing is, for my whole life, | 重点是 我这辈子 |
[01:10] | I’ve had this idea that I’m a good person, | 都给自己划定了界限 我是个好人 |
[01:12] | and, it’s not true. | 这并不是真的 |
[01:14] | No, it’s not. Good-bye. | 的确不是真的 再见 |
[01:17] | I killed Scott Lockhart. | 我杀了斯科蒂·洛克哈特 |
[01:19] | It wasn’t Noah. | 不是诺亚 |
[01:21] | That is why I let Noah back in. | 所以我让诺亚回来 |
[01:24] | Because I felt like I owed him | 因为我觉得我欠他的 |
[01:25] | and I was trying to fix what I did. | 我在试着弥补我做的错事 |
[01:27] | It was not because I loved him. | 并不是因为我爱他 |
[01:30] | I’ll find you after work. | 我下班后去找你 |
[01:33] | Being a parent is hard. | 为人父母不是件容易的事 |
[01:35] | And I know we haven’t done it perfectly, | 我知道我们作为父母并不完美 |
[01:36] | but I learned from my parents’ mistakes, | 可是我从我父母那吸取了教训 |
[01:39] | and your mother learned from hers, | 你妈妈也从她父母那吸取了教训 |
[01:41] | just as you’ll learn from our mistakes. | 正如你也会以我们为戒 |
[01:43] | Until someone someday | 直到某人 某天 |
[01:46] | finally has a perfect childhood. | 最终拥有一个完美的童年 |
[01:52] | Where we going, buddy? | 我们去哪 兄弟 |
[03:37] | It’s been 72 hours. No one’s seen her. | 已经72小时了 没人见过她 |
[03:40] | She hasn’t called to check in on Joanie. | 她没有打过电话问琼妮的情况 |
[03:46] | The police have declared her a missing person. | 警方已经宣告她失踪了 |
[04:01] | 第一话 诺亚 | |
[04:32] | I just think it’s important for you to get settled in first. | 我只是觉得对你来说先安定下来是很重要的 |
[04:36] | I am settled, Helen. | 我安定下来了 海伦 |
[04:38] | I’m in a three-bedroom house. I got a room for each of them. | 我住的是三室的房子 我为他们每个人都准备了房间 |
[04:40] | I got board games, trampoline. | 我有桌上游戏 蹦床 |
[04:43] | Are we still litigating custody here? | 我们是还在争抚养权吗 |
[04:46] | No, Noah, it’s just that weekends | 不 诺亚 只是… |
[04:48] | are really important to them right now. | 周末现在对他们来说真的很重要 |
[04:49] | They’re making all sorts of new friends out here. | 他们到这交了很多新朋友 |
[04:51] | Okay, but the fact remains that | 好 但事实仍然是 |
[04:53] | I moved all the way out here to Los Angeles | 我大老远搬到洛杉矶 |
[04:55] | just to be close to my children, | 就是为了和我的孩子们离得近点 |
[04:57] | and I’m not seeing them. | 可我看不到他们 |
[04:58] | Look, Noah, I really don’t want to get into this right now, okay? | 诺亚 我现在真的不想聊这个 好吗 |
[05:01] | We’re running late, and I have to get them to school. | 我们要迟到了 我得送他们上学了 |
[05:03] | Okay, will you just tell Trevor I’ll be at his thing tonight? | 好 你能告诉特雷弗我今晚会去吗 |
[05:07] | Please. Helen | 拜托 海伦 |
[05:12] | Asshole. | 混蛋 |
[05:45] | Victor. | 维克多 |
[05:47] | Did you get any sleep last night? | 你昨晚有睡觉吗 |
[05:49] | The baby was up like every half hour. | 孩子每半个小时就要醒一次 |
[05:51] | Believe it or not, you’ll miss it. | 信不信由你 你会怀念这个时候的 |
[05:53] | Yeah? You want to trade? | 是吗 你想换吗 |
[05:55] | I don’t miss it that much. | 我也没那么怀念 |
[05:58] | So, come on, somebody tell me, why… | 那么 有没有人能告诉我 为什么 |
[06:00] | 《动物庄园》 乔治·奥威尔著 | |
[06:01] | why do none of the other animals | 为什么没有其他动物 |
[06:03] | stand up to the tyrant Napoleon or his mouthpiece, Squealer? | 站出来反抗暴君拿破仑或他的喉舌 声响器 |
[06:07] | These pigs? | 这些猪 |
[06:09] | Anybody? | 有人知道吗 |
[06:11] | Come on. You’re teenagers. | 拜托 你们是青少年 |
[06:13] | Don’t you ever feel oppressed or misunderstood? | 你们从没感到受压迫或是被误解吗 |
[06:19] | Yes, great. Martina. | 很好 玛蒂娜 |
[06:21] | So, like, Mr. Solloway, I’ve been wondering, | 索洛维老师 我一直都想知道 |
[06:24] | are you married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[06:25] | ‘Cause, like, I don’t see no ring. | 因为我没看到你戴戒指 |
[06:27] | Actually, I’m divorced. Twice. | 实际上 我离婚了 离过两次了 |
[06:31] | I like a man with a past. | 我喜欢有过去的男人 |
[06:33] | Okay, okay. Who’d like to read? | 好了 好了 谁想读 |
[06:35] | Somebody? Anybody? | 有人吗 有人想读吗 |
[06:41] | Yes, Martina, go on. | 好 玛蒂娜 你来 |
[06:44] | If I read, Mr. Solloway, | 如果我读了 索洛维先生 |
[06:46] | Can I be number three? | 我能当第三任吗 |
[06:48] | Martina, I have much loftier aspirations for you than that. | 玛蒂娜 我对你有更高的期望 |
[06:51] | But yes, you can read. | 不过是的 你可以读 |
[06:53] | Page, 53. | 第53页 |
[06:55] | Squealer’s speech, | 声响器的讲话 |
[06:57] | starting, “No one believes…” | 从”没人相信…”开始 |
[07:00] | “No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon | “没人比拿破仑同志更坚信 |
[07:03] | that all animals are equal.” | 所有的动物都是平等的” |
[07:06] | Come on, guys. Who is that? | 拜托 各位 是谁的 |
[07:07] | Can you silence it, please? | 能麻烦你静音吗 |
[07:10] | Go on, Martina. | 继续 玛蒂娜 |
[07:13] | “And then where should we be? | “那我们应该在哪 |
[07:14] | Suppose you had decided to follow Snowball, | 假设你已决定跟随雪球 |
[07:16] | with his moonshine of windmills. | 追随他的风车梦想 |
[07:19] | Snowball, who, as we know…” | 雪球 据我们所知…” |
[07:19] | Hang on, Martina. Just wait. | 等一下 玛蒂娜 等等 |
[07:21] | What…? | 什么… |
[07:23] | – Give that to me. – No, mister, please. | -给我 -不 老师 拜托 |
[07:24] | – Give me the phone. – It’s just my brother. | -把手机给我 -是我哥 |
[07:25] | He’s giving me a ride to my job after school. | 他放学后要送我去上班的地方 |
[07:27] | I-I work at KFC. | 我在肯德基工作 |
[07:29] | Jaime, I’m-I’m teaching an allegory on tyranny, | 海米 我在教关于暴政的寓言 |
[07:31] | and you’ll know the meaning of that | 如果你不立刻把手机收起来的话 |
[07:32] | if you don’t put that away right now. | 你就知道那是什么意思了 |
[07:34] | – Okay. – Now, put it on silent. | -好 -现在 调成静音 |
[07:36] | All right. | 好的 |
[07:37] | Okay, thank you, Martina. | 谢谢你 玛蒂娜 |
[07:43] | Anton. | 安东 |
[07:44] | The passage Martina just read, | 玛蒂娜刚才读的那一段 |
[07:45] | where Squealer is basically saying, | 声响器等于在说 |
[07:48] | “We’d love to let you make your own decisions, | “我们也想让你自己决定 |
[07:50] | but we can’t because you might make the wrong decisions,” | 可我们不能这么做 因为你的决定可能是错的” |
[07:53] | you want to tell us what you make of that? | 能谈谈你对这句话的看法吗 |
[07:56] | No. | 不 |
[07:57] | Come on. We’d all love to hear. | 快说吧 我们都想听 |
[08:01] | Sorry for y’all. | 那很抱歉了 |
[08:06] | Okay, I get it. It’s a tough passage. | 好吧 我理解 这段很难 |
[08:08] | So let’s, um… let’s break it down. | 那 我们把这段话拆开来看 |
[08:10] | I said I don’t feel like it. | 我说了 我不想 |
[08:12] | I know you don’t feel like it, | 我知道你不想 |
[08:13] | but I want you to participate in the class, okay? | 但我想让你参与课堂讨论 好吗 |
[08:16] | So I’d like you to read it. | 所以我想让你读 |
[08:18] | And you might understand it better. | 这样也许能加强你的理解 |
[08:20] | Come on, read the passage. | 来 读这一段 |
[08:21] | I want you to do it. | 你来读 |
[08:22] | You need to participate. | 你要参与进来 |
[08:24] | I mean it. Anton… | 我没开玩笑 安东 |
[08:26] | I said no. | 我说了 不要 |
[08:34] | Principal Wilson, how can we help you? | 威尔逊校长 有什么事吗 |
[08:37] | Don’t mind me. | 不用管我 |
[08:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:47] | Okay, so, we were looking at, Squealer’s quote. | 那好 我们刚才读到声响器说的话 |
[08:51] | Well, he’s trying to come across as benign, | 他想表现得善良一些 |
[08:54] | but he isn’t, is he? | 可他并不善良 对不对 |
[08:55] | What is he? | 他是怎样的 |
[08:59] | No problem. It’s a tough question. | 没关系 这个问题很难 |
[09:02] | When we get a tough question, | 当我们遇到难题 |
[09:03] | we go back to the book for the answers. | 在书中总是能找到答案 |
[09:08] | Jaime. | 海米 |
[09:16] | But Mr. Solloway said it was okay. | 可索洛维先生说了没关系 |
[09:17] | – No, I did not say that. – Yes, you did. | -我没这么说过 -你说了 |
[09:18] | – Come on, man. – No, I didn’t. | -你怎么这样 -我没说 |
[09:19] | No, it was a pedagogical… | 这是我教学的方法… |
[09:21] | It was a… A teaching thing. It was… | 就是我教学的方式… |
[09:25] | Mr. Ramos, you can retrieve it at the end of the day from my office. | 拉莫斯先生 你放学后可以来我办公室取 |
[09:28] | Come on, Mr. Solloway. | 帮帮忙 索洛维老师 |
[09:29] | I thought we were friends. | 我们不是朋友吗 |
[09:30] | Jaime is trying to contact his brother | 海米是想联系他哥哥 |
[09:31] | who is giving him a ride to work after school. | 好让他哥哥放学后来接他 |
[09:35] | Jaime is an only child. | 海米是独生子 |
[09:39] | Brother from another mother? | 没血缘关系的哥哥不行吗 |
[09:40] | I think you and your phone | 那你带着你的手机 |
[09:42] | can spend the rest of the day with me. Let’s go. | 跟我去办公室吧 走吧 |
[09:49] | Mr. Gatewood, take down that hood. | 盖特伍德先生 把兜帽摘掉 |
[09:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:12] | Janelle does that to my classes, too, man. | 贾内尔在我的课上也是那么干的 |
[10:15] | Always sitting in. | 总是半路坐进来 |
[10:16] | And I’ve been at this charter since the beginning. | 我可是从一开始就在这所学校任职了 |
[10:20] | Sorry. I’m lost again. | 抱歉 我又不会了 |
[10:21] | What are you trying to do? | 你想做什么 |
[10:22] | Trying to record the grades from this quiz. | 想把测试成绩录入进去 |
[10:24] | Go back to your home page. | 回到主页 |
[10:25] | Click on that tab. | 点那个键 |
[10:27] | That’ll take you to your grading landing page. | 然后就能进成绩录入界面了 |
[10:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:31] | Sorry. We didn’t really have any of this | 抱歉 我以前上课时 |
[10:33] | last time I was teaching. | 没用过这么先进的玩意 |
[10:34] | I’ll bet. You’re a lot older | 猜到了 你比上一个 |
[10:35] | than the last guy I shared this room with. | 跟我同办公室的老师年纪大不少 |
[10:40] | So, should I be worried about Janelle? | 我该担心贾内尔吗 |
[10:44] | To be honest, I think she’s overcompensating. | 说实话 我觉得她在矫枉过正 |
[10:49] | Because she knows her hiring’s an act of affirmative action. | 因为她自己明白 雇用她是平权之举 |
[10:53] | Look, never mind. My wife says I’m not allowed | 别往心里去 我妻子说 |
[10:55] | to say things like that anymore, so just, forget it. | 我不能再发表这样的言论了 就当你没听过 |
[11:01] | Let me ask you another writing question. | 我想问你个写作的问题 |
[11:05] | When you finished your first manuscript, | 你第一篇手稿写好以后 |
[11:09] | How did you get it out there? | 是怎么出版的 |
[11:12] | well, you make a lot of contacts in grad school. | 我在读研时接触了很多人 |
[11:17] | Joel, what does “RD” Mean? | 乔尔 RD是什么意思 |
[11:19] | It means the kid’s retaking the class. | 意思就是他要重修该课 |
[11:21] | I thought AP English was only available to seniors. | 预修语文不是高年级的课程吗 |
[11:25] | Anton Gatewood? | 安东·盖特伍德 |
[11:28] | He was supposed to graduate last spring. | 他去年春天就该毕业了 |
[11:31] | Plagiarized in the second semester, | 可是在第二学期时抄袭 |
[11:33] | so Janelle made your predecessor fail him. | 所以贾内尔让你的前任老师挂掉了他 |
[11:35] | Now the kid’s gotta take the whole year again. | 现在这孩子就得重修一年 |
[11:42] | So let me ask you a question. | 我问你个问题 |
[11:45] | Do you still have an agent? | 你还有经纪人吗 |
[11:47] | Hope so. | 但愿有吧 |
[11:49] | Sent him a manuscript a couple of months ago. | 几个月前给他寄了份手稿 |
[12:01] | You think there’s any way you could, uh… | 你看你能不能帮我… |
[12:14] | Go, go, go! | 快点开啊 |
[12:25] | It’s Helen. Leave a message. | 我是海伦 请留言 |
[12:26] | It’s me. I’m completely stuck in traffic. | 是我 我这车堵住不动了 |
[12:29] | It says I’m a half mile away | 只有半英里的路 |
[12:30] | but it’s gonna take 40 fucking minutes, so just tell… | 但可能要开个四十分钟 |
[12:33] | just tell Trevor I’ll be there, okay? | 跟特雷弗说我会到的 好吗 |
[12:41] | Sir. Can I ask where you’re going? | 先生 您要去哪里 |
[12:43] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 我来晚了 |
[12:44] | My, son is a student here. | 我儿子在这里读书 |
[12:45] | Trevor Solloway. | 特雷弗·索洛维 |
[12:49] | Name? | 叫什么 |
[12:52] | What, my name? | 我的名字吗 |
[12:52] | I’m his father, Noah Solloway. | 我是他爸爸 诺亚·索洛维 |
[12:58] | Nope. | 没有 |
[12:58] | “Nope”? What do you mean, “Nope”? | “没有”是什么意思 |
[13:00] | Nope, you’re not on the list. | 就是名单上没有你的名字 |
[13:02] | Do you have a school I.D.? | 你有校园卡吗 |
[13:06] | how do… how do I get one? | 我该去哪办 |
[13:07] | It’s online, sir. | 在网上 |
[13:08] | Any parent wanting access to the grounds needs to register. | 进入学校的家长必须要登记 |
[13:12] | Mr. And Mrs. Garrison. How are you? | 加里森先生太太 你们好 |
[13:14] | How’s it going? Come on in. | 你好 请进 |
[13:16] | Okay, look, I can’t do that, so can I get a temporary one? | 现在来不及了 能不能给我张临时的 |
[13:19] | – Can I take one of these? – Nope. | -能用这里的卡吗 -不行 |
[13:21] | Look, my son is in there. | 我儿子在里面 |
[13:22] | Sir, I cannot let you through without a pass. | 先生 没有通行证的话你不能进去 |
[13:25] | Can you imagine if I let you in | 想象一下 如果我让你进去了 |
[13:27] | and your ex has a restraining order out against you | 而你的前妻对你有限制令 |
[13:29] | and it’s her night with the kids? | 今晚是她跟孩子在一起的时间 |
[13:34] | How’d you know I’m divorced? | 你怎么知道是离婚了 |
[13:35] | Wild guess. | 瞎猜的 |
[13:40] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[13:41] | Helen, pick up. | 接电话 海伦 |
[13:44] | Helen, I’m out… I’m at the entrance, | 海伦 我在入口这里 |
[13:46] | and, um, he won’t let me in. | 他不让我进去 |
[13:48] | You didn’t put my name on the list, so, um, | 你没有把我的名字加到名单上 |
[13:51] | can you come vouch for me or whatever? | 你能过来给我做个担保什么的吗 |
[13:52] | And, uh… | 还有… |
[13:55] | just call me, please. | 请回我电话 |
[14:07] | You’re an asshole. You know that? | 你是个混蛋 知道吗 |
[14:25] | Trevor. | 特雷弗 |
[14:26] | Stacey. | 史黛丝 |
[14:33] | Noah, I didn’t think you could make it. | 诺亚 我没想到你能来 |
[14:35] | No, we talked about this, Helen. | 不 我们谈过这个 海伦 |
[14:38] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[14:41] | You didn’t tell Trevor I was coming? | 你没告诉特雷弗我要来 |
[14:43] | Let’s not do this in front of the kids. | 别在孩子面前这样 |
[14:44] | Sorry, do what? | 对不起 什么样 |
[14:46] | We talked about this this morning. | 我们今早说好了 |
[14:47] | We talked over the weekend. | 周末也说过了 |
[14:48] | – This was in my calendar. – Okay, well, sorry. | -我已经把这个写进了日程 -好吧 抱歉 |
[14:50] | I made a mistake. I got confused. | 我错了 我搞错了 |
[14:53] | We just have… we have a lot going on, so… | 我们… 我们忙 所以 |
[14:55] | No, I’m not… I’m not making a thing of it. | 不 我不是挑事 |
[14:56] | It’s just that I was stuck out here. | 只是我被卡在这了 |
[14:57] | My name wasn’t on the list. | 名单上也没有我 |
[14:59] | Looks like it was an honest mistake. | 听起来真的是个无心之过 |
[15:01] | I’m not saying it wasn’t. I’m just… | 我没说不是 我只是… |
[15:09] | I know. I just wanted to show the kids that I was here. | 我知道 我只想让孩子们看到我来了 |
[15:13] | That I am here. | 我也确实来了 |
[15:15] | Message received, Dad. | 知道了 爸 |
[15:26] | Look, come to dinner. | 这样吧 一起吃晚饭 |
[15:29] | We’re going to Mexican. | 我们要去墨西哥餐厅 |
[15:32] | You should come. | 你也一起来 |
[15:33] | Yeah, Dad. | 是啊 爸爸 |
[15:34] | You should come with us. | 你应该一起来 |
[15:56] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[15:57] | – Dad. – Hi, Dad. | -爸 -你好 爸爸 |
[16:00] | Should I sit there? Is this taken? | 我坐这吗 这张椅子有人坐吗 |
[16:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:04] | I put, Los Angeles into the GPS | 我把导航输成洛杉矶 |
[16:08] | instead of Santa Monica, so… | 而不是圣塔莫尼卡 所以… |
[16:11] | Santa Monica’s a whole different city. | 圣塔莫尼卡和洛杉矶完全不同 |
[16:13] | You’ll figure it out. It just takes time. | 你会熟悉的 只是需要点时间 |
[16:17] | Can I get a margarita, please, no salt? | 请给我一杯玛格丽塔 不加盐 |
[16:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:23] | So, kids, guess what I spent last weekend setting up. | 孩子们 猜猜我上周末都花时间装了什么 |
[16:27] | – What? – Trampoline. | -什么 -蹦床 |
[16:29] | – Trampoline? – Yeah. | -蹦床吗 -是啊 |
[16:30] | Plus, I got some furniture for your rooms, | 还有 我给你们的房间添了点家具 |
[16:32] | so hopefully you can come for a sleepover sometime soon. | 希望你们最近可以有时间过来过夜 |
[16:36] | I’ll come over for a day, | 我可以去玩一天 |
[16:37] | but I don’t think I’m gonna sleep over. | 但我不能在那过夜 |
[16:40] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[16:41] | Topanga Canyon’s creepy. | 托潘加峡谷很吓人 |
[16:46] | What’s creepy about Topanga? | 托潘加有什么吓人的 |
[16:47] | Mom told her Charles Manson lived there once. | 妈妈告诉她查尔斯·曼森在那里住过 |
[16:53] | He did. | 是真的 |
[16:58] | How do you even know who Charles Manson is? | 你怎么知道查尔斯·曼森的 |
[17:01] | I didn’t, and then I YouTubed it. | 我本来不知道 后来我在油管上看了他的视频 |
[17:04] | Thanks a lot. | 多谢了 |
[17:10] | How about you, Trev? | 你呢 小特 |
[17:11] | Sleepover, just you and me? | 过夜 就你和我 |
[17:16] | His weekends are kind of packed. | 他的周末行程已经满了 |
[17:19] | He can speak for himself. | 听听他的意见 |
[17:21] | Well, I mean, | 可以吧 |
[17:22] | yeah, we can try and get something on the calendar, Dad. | 我们可以商量个时间 爸爸 |
[17:26] | Okay, something on the calendar. | 好吧 那就商量个时间 |
[17:28] | Mom, Vik, I wanted to talk to you guys about drivers’ ed. | 妈 维克 我想跟你们谈谈驾校的事 |
[17:31] | Okay, but… So– | 好吧 但是 |
[17:32] | maybe we’ll wait six months? | 还是再过六个月吧 |
[17:34] | No, no, no, I’m gonna be 15 so soon, and, you know, | 不不不 我马上就15岁了 |
[17:37] | it’s good to get a head start. | 提前学是件好事 |
[17:38] | Can I get that margarita, please? | 能把那杯玛格丽塔给我了吗 |
[17:40] | So, what happened… | 教师之夜 |
[17:42] | what happened with teacher night? | 教师之夜怎么了 |
[17:43] | Curriculum night? | 课程之夜吗 |
[17:44] | It went really, really well, right, Trev? | 非常非常顺利 对吗 小特 |
[17:46] | Yeah. | 对 |
[17:47] | I really wish I had been there. | 真的很希望我在场 |
[17:48] | I wanted to see what you were doing. | 我想看你在做什么 |
[17:50] | He was just telling us more about the project | 他就是跟我们说更多 |
[17:52] | he’s working on in the unit they’re studying. | 他在他们所学单元中研究的项目 |
[17:54] | What’s the project? | 什么项目 |
[17:55] | Yeah, so there’s this girl, | 有个女孩 |
[17:57] | and she lives in a funeral home. | 住在殡仪馆里 |
[17:59] | Is it a book or… | 是本书还是… |
[18:00] | It’s a graphic novel. | 是一本漫画小说 |
[18:02] | And the girl thinks that she might be… | 那个女孩觉得她 可能是 |
[18:06] | Gay. But not just thinks. | 同性恋 不止是觉得 |
[18:08] | She is gay. | 她就是同性恋 |
[18:09] | And as she grows up, | 她长大后 |
[18:10] | she begins to realize that her dad was gay, too, | 开始发现她爸爸也是同性恋 |
[18:13] | but closeted. | 但没有出柜 |
[18:16] | And your partner on this is Brooklyn? | 你这个项目的搭档是布鲁克林吗 |
[18:18] | Sorry, what’s Brooklyn? | 不好意思 布鲁克林是什么 |
[18:18] | Is that a… Is that a person or… | 是个人 还是… |
[18:20] | Brooklyn’s a boy. | 布鲁克林是个男孩 |
[18:24] | Okay, so… so Brooklyn’s your friend. | 好吧 这么说布鲁克林是你的朋友 |
[18:28] | I-I don’t understand what’s going on. | 我没搞懂是怎么回事 |
[18:30] | Curriculum night was definitely interesting. | 课程之夜真的很有意思 |
[18:35] | – And so, uh… – Yeah, so, um, in the special unit, | -那么… -在特殊单元中 |
[18:39] | we then take our chosen graphic novel | 我们会拿上我们选好的漫画小说 |
[18:41] | and study the social issues | 研究塑造书里世界观的 |
[18:42] | and history that make up its worldview. | 社会问题和历史 |
[18:45] | And in this case, it would be gay rights? | 在你这情况中 是同性恋权益吗 |
[18:49] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[18:51] | What is this graphic novel? | 这本漫画小说是什么 |
[18:53] | Fun Home. | 《开心窝》 |
[18:55] | Fun… Wasn’t that a musical? | 开心… 那不是音乐剧吗 |
[18:57] | Yes, on Broadway, actually. | 对 就是百老汇的那部 |
[18:59] | Anyway, it’s a really cool way to learn. | 话说回来 真是个很酷的学习方式 |
[19:01] | Yeah. Okay, what I was wondering, Trev, | 是啊 我想知道的是 小特 |
[19:04] | is, um… I was wondering, is there anything | 我想知道 你是不是有什么 |
[19:08] | you’re trying to express | 想告诉我们 |
[19:11] | or communicate to us, | 或跟我们交流的 |
[19:14] | with your choice of material? | 关于你选择的这个题材 |
[19:17] | Because I hope that you know | 因为我希望你知道 |
[19:20] | we love and accept everything about you, | 我们爱你的一切 接受你的一切 |
[19:25] | whatever you are. | 不管你是什么样子 |
[19:27] | Yeah. I know. | 我知道 |
[19:31] | Every part of you. | 你的每一部分 |
[19:32] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[19:33] | Helen, can I get a word, please? | 海伦 能借一步说话吗 |
[19:36] | Sure. | 好 |
[19:40] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[19:42] | What’s going on out there? | 刚才那是怎么回事 |
[19:43] | He’s been inseparable from this boy. | 他和那个男孩形影不离 |
[19:45] | – Brooklyn? – Brooklyn, yes. | -布鲁克林吗 -对 布鲁克林 |
[19:47] | And it’s something I’ve suspected for a long time, | 这件事我也怀疑了好久 |
[19:48] | – and now finally… – What…? | -现在终于… -什么 |
[19:51] | He’s gay, Noah. | 他是同性恋 诺亚 |
[19:53] | Wait. So… | 等等 所以… |
[19:54] | So, what I was seeing out there was some kind of… | 所以我刚才看见的是你… |
[19:58] | some kind of attempt to make him say that? | 你在想办法让他承认吗 |
[20:00] | I really, really wish you had been to curriculum night. | 我真的真的希望你参加了课程之夜 |
[20:04] | Yeah, I-I really tried. | 是啊 我真的努力过了 |
[20:06] | Look, I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[20:07] | It just seems to me very obvious. | 在我看来这是显而易见的 |
[20:09] | You should see his art. | 你应该看看他的作品 |
[20:11] | And then this boy, Brooklyn. | 还有这个孩子 布鲁克林 |
[20:13] | And even his choice of… of material. | 甚至是他的…选题 |
[20:15] | It’s-it’s just plain as day. | 一目了然 |
[20:17] | Okay, okay, first of all, he’s 14, Helen. | 好吧 首先 他才14岁 海伦 |
[20:20] | Maybe… maybe he’s exploring things, | 也许…也许他在进行一些探索 |
[20:23] | but it’s way too early | 不过现在还为时过早 |
[20:25] | to try to get him to confess to some– | 让他去承认一些… |
[20:26] | Look, it was on the tip of his tongue. | 他几乎要说出来了 |
[20:29] | I swear to you, he was about to say it. | 不骗你 他正打算说出来的 |
[20:31] | Was he? Really, was he? | 真的吗 真的是这样吗 |
[20:33] | Or were you leading him? | 还是你在诱导他 |
[20:34] | ‘Cause what I saw was you were definitely leading him. | 因为我看到的是你明显在诱导他 |
[20:38] | This is ridiculous. | 真是荒唐 |
[20:41] | More ridiculous than trying to | 难道比你在墨西哥餐馆 |
[20:42] | out your son in a Mexican restaurant, | 设法逼你儿子出柜还要荒唐吗 |
[20:44] | when he might not even be gay? | 他可能根本就不是同性恋 |
[20:45] | He is gay. And hey, guess what. | 他是同性恋 不如这样吧 |
[20:46] | I have an idea: | 我有个想法 |
[20:47] | Why don’t you just admit you have a problem with it? | 不如你干脆承认这件事让你不舒服 |
[20:49] | I don’t have a problem with it, if he is. | 就算他是同性恋 我也没问题 |
[20:51] | – He is. – Okay, fine. | -他就是同性恋 -好吧 |
[20:53] | But shouldn’t it still be his choice | 不过 何时何地出柜 |
[20:54] | as to when and where he wants to come out? | 难道不该由他自己来决定吗 |
[20:56] | That’s what I’m saying. | 我就是这个意思 |
[20:57] | He was about to, until you walked in. | 他正要承认 可你打断了 |
[20:59] | You intimidate him. | 你让他害怕 |
[21:02] | Helen, why are you doing this? | 海伦 你为什么要这么做 |
[21:04] | Doing what? | 做什么 |
[21:05] | I move all the way out here– | 我大老远搬过来 |
[21:06] | Yeah, to be with the kids, right? | 是的 为了和孩子们在一起 |
[21:09] | I don’t intimidate him or Stacey. | 我没让他害怕 也没让史黛丝害怕 |
[21:11] | I just don’t know them anymore. | 我只是对他们不再了解了 |
[21:12] | That’s why I’m here. | 所以我才会来 |
[21:14] | And you’re doing everything in your power | 而你在想方设法 |
[21:16] | to box me out of their lives. | 把我挡在他们的生活之外 |
[21:18] | You know what I’m not doing anymore? | 知道我以后不会再做什么吗 |
[21:20] | This. | 这个 |
[21:27] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[22:49] | Alison, it’s Noah. | 艾莉森 我是诺亚 |
[22:51] | sorry to call so late. | 很抱歉这么晚了还打给你 |
[22:54] | Just checking in. | 只是想问候一下 |
[22:56] | Okay, bye. | 好的 再见 |
[23:13] | Max, | 麦克斯 |
[23:15] | it’s Noah. | 我是诺亚 |
[23:17] | Believe it or not. | 信不信由你 |
[23:19] | I’m, uh… | 我… |
[23:22] | just reaching out. | 就是想问候一下 |
[23:24] | Hope you’re well. | 希望你一切都好 |
[23:25] | Bye. | 再见 |
[23:34] | 斯大林主义 资本主义 乔治·奥威尔《动物农场》中的权力腐化 作者 安东·盖特伍德 | |
[23:40] | Anton Gatewood. | 安东·盖特伍德 |
[24:20] | Beginning Wednesday, get ready for The Waste Land. | 周三开始 准备讲《荒原》 |
[24:25] | Anton. | 安东 |
[24:26] | Hold back, please. | 请等一下 |
[24:27] | I gotta meet my ride. | 我得去搭便车 |
[24:29] | Your ride can wait a minute. | 你朋友可以等一等 |
[24:40] | I want to talk about your essay. | 我想和你聊聊你的论文 |
[24:42] | What about it? | 论文怎么了 |
[24:49] | It’s, uh… | 论文… |
[24:51] | it’s very, very, very well done. | 写得非常非常非常好 |
[24:54] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[24:56] | Yeah. Your analysis of propaganda in the novel | 是的 你对于小说思想的分析 |
[25:00] | and showing how language can be manipulated to… | 以及论述如何通过操控语言来… |
[25:05] | wield power, it’s-it’s not just good. | 行使权力 不仅仅是好 |
[25:06] | It’s… it’s brilliant. | 而是…精彩绝伦 |
[25:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:15] | So, is that what you wanted to talk about? | 你想说的就这些吗 |
[25:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:19] | It’s really, really good. | 真的真的很好 |
[25:22] | So, what I want to know is | 所以 我想知道 |
[25:24] | who wrote it? | 论文是谁写的 |
[25:27] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[25:29] | Just what I said. | 就那个意思 |
[25:32] | Who wrote this brilliant essay? | 这篇精彩的论文是谁写的 |
[25:35] | ‘Cause I don’t think it was you. | 因为我觉得不是你写的 |
[25:40] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[25:42] | Well, let’s look at the evidence. | 证据如下 |
[25:43] | You refuse to participate in class. | 你拒绝参与课上的内容 |
[25:45] | You just sit there | 你就坐在那里 |
[25:46] | with your head on the desk and your hoodie up. | 头趴在桌子上 还戴着兜帽 |
[25:48] | Yeah, maybe ’cause your class fucking sucks. | 是啊 也许是因为你讲的课太烂了 |
[25:52] | We both know your history of plagiarism. | 你我都清楚你有过抄袭的历史 |
[25:55] | What do you think would happen if you got caught again? | 你认为你要是再被发现会落得什么下场 |
[25:57] | If I went straight to Principal Wilson with this right now… | 如果我现在就带着这个直接去找威尔逊校长 |
[25:59] | You think that’s funny? | 你觉得很好笑吗 |
[26:01] | You think your future is funny? | 你觉得你的前途很好笑吗 |
[26:02] | No, man. | 不是的 |
[26:03] | You funny to me. | 我觉得你很好笑 |
[26:04] | Why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[26:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:13] | How about this quote? | 那么这句引用呢 |
[26:15] | “The others said that Squealer could turn black into white.” | “其他动物都说声响器可以把黑的说成白的” |
[26:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:21] | Explain to me what that means. | 给我解释解释这句话 |
[26:31] | So, in the novel, Squealer represents | 在小说当中 声响器代表 |
[26:34] | the propaganda machinery that despotic states develop | 专制国家培养的宣传机器 |
[26:36] | in order to control their populace. | 用来控制底层动物 |
[26:39] | Under Stalin, | 斯大林统治时期 |
[26:40] | it was Dmitri Shepilov. | 这人是德米特里·谢皮洛夫 |
[26:41] | Under Hitler, | 而在希特勒手下 |
[26:41] | it was Goebbels. | 这个人是戈培尔 |
[26:43] | And the quote, | 那句引用 |
[26:44] | “Turning black into white,” | “黑的说成白的” |
[26:45] | is just a simplistic way of Squealer saying | 就是声响器简单地说自己 |
[26:47] | that he can make evil sound like it was good. | 能把恶行说成善举 |
[26:50] | Orwell expanded on this idea in Nineteen Eighty-Four | 奥威尔在《1984》中通过大洋国真理部 |
[26:52] | with Oceania’s Ministry of the Truth, | 进一步阐述了这一观点 |
[26:54] | the irony being that all Ministry does is lie. | 讽刺这个部门所做的一切都是骗人的 |
[26:59] | Anything else? | 还有别的问题吗 |
[27:09] | Anton. | 安东 |
[27:15] | Anton. | 安东 |
[27:18] | Anton, come on. | 安东 别这样 |
[27:21] | I owe you an apology. | 我应该向你道歉 |
[27:23] | Fuck you. | 去你妈的 |
[28:13] | 第二话 海伦 | |
[28:39] | How the fuck do they stay up there? | 他们是怎么上去的 |
[29:01] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[29:03] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[29:16] | Are you obsessing? | 你有什么困扰吗 |
[29:16] | No. | 没有 |
[29:46] | Stacey, breakfast. | 史黛丝 吃早餐了 |
[29:48] | I’m finishing my math homework. | 我要做完数学作业 |
[29:49] | Well, you can finish it while you eat. | 你可以边吃边写 |
[29:54] | Just a minute. | 马上就好 |
[29:55] | Trevor, can you please turn that down? | 特雷弗 你音量能调小一点吗 |
[29:58] | Sure, Mom. | 好的 妈妈 |
[30:00] | Who’s texting you, anyway? | 到底是谁在给你发短信 |
[30:01] | Brooklyn. | 布鲁克林 |
[30:02] | Brooklyn, as in our former borough? | 布鲁克林 是我们之前住的那一区吗 |
[30:05] | No, Mom. | 不是 妈妈 |
[30:06] | Brooklyn’s my friend. | 布鲁克林是我的朋友 |
[30:10] | Well, that’s a lot of texts. | 短信发个没停 |
[30:12] | What, does she have a crush on you? | 怎么 她暗恋你吗 |
[30:13] | Wrong gender. | 性别错了 |
[30:14] | Brooklyn’s a boy. | 布鲁克林是男孩 |
[30:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:21] | Look. | 看 |
[30:25] | I think I’ve lost like eight pounds. | 我好像减了八磅 |
[30:26] | Maybe you should lay off the green juices. | 或许你该停止喝青汁了 |
[30:30] | Thought you were going to relax today. | 你今天不是打算放松吗 |
[30:31] | Um, I am relaxed. | 我很放松 |
[30:33] | – Stacey! – Just a minute! | -史黛丝 -马上就好 |
[30:36] | I told you I’d get them to school. | 我说了我会送他们上学 |
[30:38] | You could’ve slept in, gone to yoga. | 你明明可以多睡会 去做瑜伽 |
[30:40] | Well, I’ll relax right after this. | 忙完这个我就放松 |
[30:41] | – I promise. – Babe. | -我保证 -宝贝 |
[30:43] | – Yeah? – Come here. | -干嘛 -过来 |
[30:44] | – No. – Come here. | -不要 -过来 |
[30:45] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[30:47] | I have mayonnaise all over my fingers. | 我手上沾满了蛋黄酱 |
[30:49] | What are you so worried about? | 你到底在担心什么 |
[30:51] | – Staining your clothes. – Helen. | -弄脏你的衣服 -海伦 |
[30:56] | I’m not worried about anything. | 我没在担心任何事 |
[31:00] | We have an amazing house. | 我们有一栋超棒的房子 |
[31:02] | We’re down to just two kids. | 只剩下两个孩子 |
[31:04] | They’re happy at school. | 他们上学很开心 |
[31:05] | We’re finally all unpacked. | 我们终于都收拾好了 |
[31:08] | You promised me, when we got out here, | 你答应过我 我们来这里时 |
[31:09] | you’d take it easy. | 你会放轻松的 |
[31:11] | And I seriously am… | 我真的很放松 |
[31:14] | going to. | 很快就会了 |
[31:15] | – When? – Today. | -什么时候 -今天 |
[31:16] | Chief Surgeon Ullah. | 主治外科医生乌拉 |
[31:21] | Say that again. | 再说一遍 |
[31:23] | Chief Surgeon Ullah. | 主治外科医生乌拉 |
[31:28] | Guys. | 你们俩 |
[31:29] | Gross. | 恶心 |
[31:30] | Buzzkill. | 真扫兴 |
[31:58] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[32:01] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[32:03] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[32:04] | Fine. | 没事 |
[32:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:10] | Sollomanders, let’s rock and roll! | 火蜥蜴们 出发咯 |
[32:14] | Yeah, Stacey, come on. | 史黛丝 快点 |
[32:16] | Coming. | 来了 |
[32:40] | Have you figured out who her mother is yet? | 你查出她母亲是谁了吗 |
[32:42] | Think she looks a little like Michelle Pfeiffer, you think? | 我觉得她有点像女星米歇尔·菲佛 你觉得呢 |
[32:45] | Not really. | 不是很像 |
[32:52] | Geena Davis? | 吉娜·戴维斯呢 |
[32:53] | Why don’t you just ask her? | 你干嘛不直接问她 |
[32:54] | Why don’t you? You spend so much time looking at her. | 你干嘛不问 你老盯着她看 |
[32:57] | No, that would be you, Helen. | 不 那是你 海伦 |
[33:07] | Do you think she even realizes | 你想她到底知不知道 |
[33:08] | these cans are hers, not ours? | 这些垃圾箱是她的 而不是我们的 |
[33:10] | No, I don’t. | 我不认为 |
[33:11] | And she’s not going to if you keep moving ’em for her. | 你要是继续帮她搬 她永远不会知道 |
[33:16] | Hey there. | 你好 |
[33:17] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[33:19] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[33:21] | Are those mine? | 那些是我的吗 |
[33:23] | Yeah, but don’t worry about it. I got it. | 是的 不过别担心 我弄好了 |
[33:28] | So, tell me, | 告诉我 |
[33:30] | what are you going to do to relax today? | 你今天打算做什么来放松 |
[33:32] | Go to therapy. | 去做心理辅导 |
[33:33] | That just makes you hate your mother. | 那只会让你讨厌你妈 |
[33:34] | I already hate my mother. | 我本来就讨厌我妈 |
[33:35] | And besides, this is different. It’s West Coast therapy. | 再说 这不一样 这是西岸治疗方法 |
[33:38] | Very chill. | 很放松 |
[33:43] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[33:45] | You guys ready? | 你们准备好了吗 |
[33:46] | Yep. | 好了 |
[34:01] | I’ve got a negative balance. | 我的余额为负数 |
[34:03] | I’m sorry. Uh, can you say that again? | 抱歉 你能再说一遍吗 |
[34:06] | I didn’t hear you. | 我没听见 |
[34:06] | I said I’m standing here in checkout at the school cafeteria, | 我说我正站在学校餐厅的结账处 |
[34:09] | and I’ve got a negative balance on my food card. | 我饭卡里的余额是负数 |
[34:11] | Um, okay, well, it-it’s your father’s month to pay. | 好的 这个月轮到你父亲充钱 |
[34:15] | Did you try to call him? | 你打过给他吗 |
[34:17] | So you want me to hang up, try to call him, | 这么说你想让我挂掉电话 打给他 |
[34:19] | then wait around for him to call me back? | 然后等他回我电话吗 |
[34:20] | I’m trying to get breakfast so I can get to class. | 我想买好早餐去上课 |
[34:22] | Okay, sweetheart, I’m sorry. | 好的 宝贝 抱歉 |
[34:24] | I’ll-I’ll take care of it. Give me three minutes, okay? | 我会处理好 给我三分钟 好吗 |
[34:26] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢 妈妈 |
[34:27] | Oh, God, Noah. | 老天 诺亚 |
[34:29] | I swear to fucking God. | 你不是吧 |
[34:32] | So, um, | 那么 |
[34:34] | let’s try scanning your body, huh? | 我们试试观察你的身体 |
[34:37] | Take a deep breath. | 深呼吸 |
[34:40] | Scan your body. | 观察你的身体 |
[34:42] | And tell me where you’re feeling tension. | 告诉我你哪里感到压力 |
[34:56] | Nothing? | 没有吗 |
[35:01] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[35:04] | But this morning, | 但今天早上 |
[35:05] | you thought you felt an earthquake? | 你以为自己感觉到地震 |
[35:10] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[35:11] | A big one. | 很大的地震 |
[35:14] | Why don’t we try that body scan one more time? | 不如我们再观察身体一次 |
[35:16] | Dr. Kaplan, I’m sorry, I’m just really | 卡普兰医生 抱歉 |
[35:18] | not used to doing therapy this way. | 我只是不习惯这样做治疗 |
[35:20] | In New York, we-we talked. | 在纽约我们会聊天 |
[35:21] | We didn’t scan. | 我们不观察 |
[35:25] | You still miss New York? | 你还想念纽约吗 |
[35:29] | Getting easier? | 越来越轻松了吗 |
[35:31] | Um, yeah, I guess. | 应该是吧 |
[35:32] | I guess so. I guess it is. | 我想是的 |
[35:36] | I don’t know. I just feel, um… | 我说不好 我就是觉得 |
[35:40] | …um, uncomfortable here. | 在这里不自在 |
[35:42] | This town, it makes me feel unsafe. | 这个城市让我感到不安全 |
[35:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:47] | Unsafe how? | 怎么个不安全法 |
[35:49] | Well, like, for example, when’s the earthquake gonna hit? | 比如 地震什么时候会发生 |
[35:53] | Which particular earthquake? | 具体哪一次地震 |
[35:55] | The big one. The one that’s gonna kill all of us. | 大的那次 会把我们全杀死那一次 |
[35:57] | I mean, why are we all existing here | 我们为什么 |
[35:58] | on a fucking fault line just waiting to die? | 都待在这个断层线等死 |
[36:01] | Doesn’t that seem insane to you? | 你不觉得这很疯狂吗 |
[36:04] | Okay, so what I’m hearing is… | 好吧 我听到的是… |
[36:07] | this town, this place, | 这座城市 这地方 |
[36:08] | it really makes you feel unsafe. | 让你非常没有安全感 |
[36:14] | Yes, I just said that. | 对 我刚说了 |
[36:17] | Yes, but now I feel | 但我现在觉得 |
[36:19] | I understand the magnitude of your concern. | 我能理解你担心的级别 |
[36:24] | Was that an earthquake joke? | 这是个地震笑话吗 |
[36:25] | Why don’t we try scanning your body | 不如我们再观察一次你的身体 |
[36:27] | one more time just to see if we– | 看看是不是… |
[36:28] | I think my son might be gay. | 我觉得我儿子是同性恋 |
[36:33] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[36:36] | Perhaps there’s your earthquake. | 可能这就是你的地震 |
[36:39] | What? | 什么 |
[36:40] | The earthquake in your life | 你极度惧怕的 |
[36:42] | that you so greatly fear. | 人生中的地震 |
[36:44] | I’m fine with it. | 这不是什么大事 |
[36:47] | I am. | 真的 |
[36:48] | I am 100% fine with it. | 我完全没有意见 |
[36:50] | I’m thrilled, actually. | 事实上我很高兴 |
[36:51] | I always wanted a gay son. | 我一直希望有个同性恋儿子 |
[36:52] | My other son is like Gary Cooper. | 我另外一个儿子就像加里·库珀 |
[36:54] | It’s awful. | 真是糟透了 |
[36:58] | It’s awful because…? | 为什么 |
[36:59] | It’s his father I’m worried about. | 我担心的是他的父亲 |
[37:01] | Your son’s father, your ex? | 你儿子的父亲 你前夫吗 |
[37:04] | Uh, yeah. He’s not very, uh… | 对 他比较 |
[37:07] | tolerant. | 保守 |
[37:12] | And I’m afraid he’s gonna think it… it’s his fault. | 我怕他会以为 这都是他的错 |
[37:14] | His fault? | 他的错 |
[37:17] | For not being around when Trevor was young. | 因为特雷弗小的时候他不在他身边 |
[37:19] | For leaving us. | 他离开了 |
[37:20] | You’re afraid your ex-husband | 你担心你的前夫 |
[37:22] | will consider your son’s sexuality | 会认为你儿子的性取向 |
[37:23] | a result of his poor choices? | 是他错误的人生选择所造成的 |
[37:26] | Yeah. | 对 |
[37:29] | You know, of course, that’s not how sexuality works. | 你当然知道 性取向可不是这么一回事 |
[37:34] | Well, I didn’t say I thought that. | 我又没说我这么认为 |
[37:37] | I said I was afraid he might think it. | 我是说我担心他会这么认为 |
[37:41] | Um, how are you and Noah doing? | 你和诺亚之间怎么样了 |
[37:45] | Uh, last session, you were having | 上回 你对他来加州 |
[37:47] | mixed feelings about his being out here at all. | 这件事抱有复杂的情绪 |
[37:50] | It’s fine. We’re fine. | 很好 我们很好 |
[37:52] | Uh, it’s-it’s good for the kids to see him. | 多见见他对孩子们有好处 |
[37:54] | I don’t have any problems with Noah anymore. | 我对诺亚已经没有什么意见了 |
[37:56] | It’s just, uh… uh… | 只是 |
[37:59] | – What? – He annoys me. | -怎么了 -他很烦人 |
[38:10] | You seem uncomfortable talking about Noah. | 一谈到诺亚你就很不自在 |
[38:13] | Physically uncomfortable. | 身体上的不自在 |
[38:16] | Do you notice that? | 你注意到了吗 |
[38:20] | Helen, if I may. | 海伦 请听我说 |
[38:22] | I see you relying on your head a lot | 你太过于依赖你的理智 |
[38:27] | to rationalize or even deny certain feelings. | 去合理化甚至否认某些感情 |
[38:31] | You don’t seem incredibly aware, | 你似乎没有意识到 |
[38:34] | appreciative of the intelligence, | 它们的价值 |
[38:39] | the experience, | 经历 |
[38:41] | the trauma | 创伤 |
[38:43] | that is hiding in your body. | 这些都藏在你身体里 |
[38:48] | What trauma? | 什么创伤 |
[38:53] | Uh, your husband left you abruptly | 你丈夫在结婚25年后 |
[38:55] | after 25 years of marriage, | 突然离开你 |
[38:57] | then hit his new wife’s brother-in-law with a car, | 然后开车撞了他新老婆的小叔 |
[39:01] | fled the scene | 逃离现场 |
[39:03] | and ended up going to prison for three years. | 最后为此坐了三年的牢 |
[39:06] | Meanwhile, | 与此同时 |
[39:07] | your older son failed out of two high schools, | 你的大儿子先后从两个高中退学 |
[39:11] | barely graduated, | 差点没毕业 |
[39:12] | and your daughter dropped out | 你的女儿大学辍学 |
[39:14] | of college to run off to Paris | 和年龄是她两倍 |
[39:16] | with a man twice her age, who abused her. | 还虐待她的男人跑去巴黎 |
[39:23] | I mean, well, when you put it like that… | 你要这么说的话 |
[39:29] | I left all of that behind me when I came to California. | 我来加州时就全部翻篇了 |
[39:32] | I have literally nothing to worry about right now. | 我现在真没什么好担心的 |
[39:38] | Whitney’s back in school. | 惠特尼已经重返校园 |
[39:39] | She has an age-appropriate boyfriend who she likes. | 她有个她喜欢的 和她年龄般配的男朋友 |
[39:41] | And I like him, too. | 我也很喜欢他 |
[39:42] | And Martin seems happy at William and Mary. | 马丁在威廉玛丽学院也很开心 |
[39:45] | And the younger kids really like school here. | 俩小的也很喜欢这里的学校 |
[39:48] | And Vik has an amazing job. | 维克的工作很棒 |
[39:51] | And we live in a gorgeous house. | 我们住在漂亮的房子里 |
[39:52] | Oh, and my parents are 3,000 miles away. | 而且我的父母离我十万八千里远 |
[39:55] | I don’t have to work right now if I don’t want to, | 我不想工作就不工作 |
[39:57] | and it’s sunny every day. Every goddamn day. | 每天都是大晴天 天天如此 |
[40:00] | Every goddamn day is sunny– perfect. | 都是大晴天 完美 |
[40:03] | But you know what, sometimes the sun gives me a headache. | 但有时日晒让我觉得头疼 |
[40:05] | And I fucking hate this ocean. | 我还超讨厌大海 |
[40:07] | – You hate the Pacific? – Yeah. | -你讨厌太平洋 -对 |
[40:10] | There’s nothing you can do when you’re around it | 你靠它那么近时什么事都做不了 |
[40:14] | except look at it. | 只能盯着它瞧 |
[40:15] | It’s so huge and blue and obvious. | 又大又蓝又扎眼 |
[40:17] | It’s like an attention whore. | 简直就是个戏精 |
[40:19] | The ocean is… is an attention whore? | 太平洋是个戏精 |
[40:22] | Okay, no, when you say it like that, it makes me sound crazy. | 你那么说 听起来我是个疯子 |
[40:24] | That’s not what I was trying to– | 我不是那个意思 |
[40:25] | I know, but never mind. It’s all right. | 我知道 算了 没关系 |
[40:26] | Just, you don’t get it. Never mind. | 你理解不了的 算了 |
[40:36] | You know, I think this would be a really good time | 我觉得这时就应该 |
[40:38] | to just try closing your eyes | 闭上眼睛 |
[40:41] | and holding your breath– | 屏住呼吸 |
[40:42] | Fuck you, Ezra. | 去死吧 埃泽拉 |
[40:53] | Priya? | 普丽娅 |
[40:56] | I’m almost done. | 我快弄完了 |
[40:59] | Vik didn’t tell me that you were coming over. | 维克没跟我说你要来 |
[41:01] | He told me his pants are falling down, | 他跟我说他裤子总往下掉 |
[41:03] | so I’m taking them in. | 所以我来改改 |
[41:09] | Well, I could have taken care of that. | 可以放着我来的 |
[41:11] | Do you know how to sew? | 你懂针线活吗 |
[41:14] | No, but I could’ve, um… | 不懂 但我可以 |
[41:16] | you know, dropped ’em off somewhere. | 送去别人那里 |
[41:18] | At a tailor’s? | 裁缝店吗 |
[41:21] | Yeah. | 对 |
[41:23] | I am a tailor. | 我就是个裁缝 |
[41:26] | I know. I just… | 我知道 我只是 |
[41:27] | I didn’t want to bother you, so… | 我不想麻烦你 |
[41:28] | Why would it bother me to do something nice for my son? | 帮我自己的儿子有什么麻烦的 |
[41:32] | Does it bother you to care for your children, Helen? | 你照顾你自己的孩子也会嫌烦吗 海伦 |
[41:38] | Can I get you something? | 你想喝点什么吗 |
[41:41] | We have, um, water, juice. | 家里有水 果汁 |
[41:43] | I think we have some club soda. | 应该也有苏打水 |
[41:48] | His favorites. | 都是他爱吃的 |
[41:50] | Baingan bharta, | 印式炒茄子 |
[41:51] | chicken tikka, chole bhature. | 串烤鸡肉 炸脆松饼 |
[41:55] | I’ve even brought Indian bread– naan. | 我还买了印度面包 馕 |
[41:57] | It’s in your freezer. | 在冷冻层里 |
[41:59] | Don’t put it in the oven. | 别用烤箱加热 |
[42:00] | It’ll get crusty. | 会变得脆脆的 |
[42:02] | Put it in the microwave | 放进微波炉 |
[42:03] | and heat it in a frying pan. | 再用平底锅加热 |
[42:06] | He can take the leftovers for lunch to work. | 他可以把吃剩的带去单位当午餐 |
[42:09] | I really don’t know what to say. | 我真不知道该说什么了 |
[42:12] | There’s plenty for you and your children, too. | 也够你和孩子吃了 |
[42:17] | You really didn’t have to do this. | 你真的没必要做这些 |
[42:19] | I mean, there’s enough food in there | 冰箱里的食物 |
[42:20] | for like, a week. | 够吃一周了 |
[42:21] | I don’t mind doing it every Sunday. | 我不介意每个周日都这么做 |
[42:23] | – I know you’re busy. – Well, I’m not that busy. | -我知道你忙 -没那么忙 |
[42:25] | I have time to cook. | 我有时间烹饪 |
[42:30] | What? | 怎么 |
[42:32] | Vikram is very skinny. | 维克拉姆太瘦了 |
[42:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:34] | I think he’s stressed out. | 我觉得他压力太大了 |
[42:36] | Um, about his new job. | 新工作嘛 |
[42:38] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[42:39] | Or perhaps he’s simply not | 也有可能他只是 |
[42:42] | accustomed to the food you cook. | 不太吃得惯你烧的菜 |
[42:46] | A husband should be fat. | 一个丈夫应该是胖胖的才对 |
[42:48] | It shows he’s happy. | 这说明他很开心 |
[42:53] | Oh, I think Vik’s happy, Priya. | 我觉得维克挺开心的 普丽娅 |
[42:56] | I mean, I… I think I make him happy. | 我觉得 我让他挺开心的 |
[43:01] | That’s what he tells me. | 他是这么说的 |
[43:03] | Of course, no man is truly happy | 但男人除非有了自己的孩子 |
[43:05] | until he has children of his own. | 否则不会真正地开心 |
[43:15] | Okay, will you excuse me? I have to do something. | 抱歉 我有些事要忙去了 |
[44:42] | – Helen? – Hi. Yes. Sierra, right? | -海伦吗 -是 你是谢拉对吧 |
[44:45] | Yeah, that’s right. | 没错 我是 |
[44:45] | How’s it going? | 你好吗 |
[44:47] | Great, actually. I, uh… | 好极了 其实呢 |
[44:48] | I have been picking these literally all morning, | 我一早上都在摘这个 |
[44:51] | and I just realized that I-I never | 然后发现我从来都没 |
[44:53] | really welcomed you guys, so… | 正式欢迎过你们 所以 |
[44:55] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:57] | Wow, this room is great, by the way. | 这个房间太美了 |
[44:59] | Thanks. Uh, just… come in. | 多谢夸奖 进来吧 |
[45:02] | Who’s your, uh… who’s your interior person? | 你的室内设计师是谁 |
[45:05] | Oh, I’m my interior person. | 我自己就是 |
[45:06] | Wow, this is a lot of avocados. | 这么多牛油果 |
[45:09] | Yeah. I, uh… | 对啊 |
[45:11] | I mean, I was never gonna eat all of those on my own. | 我自己一个人肯定吃不完 |
[45:13] | But my mom actually has this amazing guac recipe | 但我妈的鳄梨酱食谱简直绝了 |
[45:15] | – on her blog. – Oh, right, your mom. | -她博客上有 -对了 你妈妈 |
[45:16] | What is the name of her blog again? | 她的博客叫什么名儿来着 |
[45:18] | I’ll send it to you. | 我回头发给你 |
[45:20] | You have amazing skin. | 你皮肤好好喔 |
[45:22] | No, seriously. | 真的 |
[45:24] | Like, I was just gonna tell you about this mask | 我刚想跟你讲一个面膜 |
[45:25] | that you can make with the avocado | 可以用牛油果做的 |
[45:27] | that, like, literally sucks the toxins out of your skin. | 真的能把你皮肤里的毒素吸出来 |
[45:29] | – But I feel like maybe you already do something like that. – No. | -但我觉得你可能做过类似的了 -没呢 |
[45:32] | – No, you’re glowing. – Oh. Well, thank you. | -你真是容光焕发 -多谢 |
[45:39] | Okay, well, um, I’ll go. | 那 我走啦 |
[45:42] | – Okay. – I-I did just want to say | -好 -我就想说 |
[45:43] | that if you ever wanted, like, you know, a workout buddy | 如果你需要人陪你健身 |
[45:47] | or a drinking buddy, I do both a lot. | 或者喝酒 我都经常做这些 |
[45:50] | Great. Thank you. | 好极了 谢谢 |
[45:51] | – Have you ever tried Goat yoga? – Goat Yoga? No. | -你试过山羊瑜伽吗 -没有 |
[45:56] | – Oh, my God, it’s yoga but with baby goats. – Really? | -就是有小山羊陪着做的瑜伽 -真的吗 |
[45:59] | Yeah! They, like, massage you with their little hooves. | 没错 它们会用小蹄子揉你 |
[46:02] | So it might be fun if we wanted to do it together. | 一起去做做应该会挺好玩的 |
[46:05] | Well, thank you. | 很感谢你 |
[46:06] | That would be nice. Thanks. | 听上去不错 多谢了 |
[46:08] | I’m so glad that you guys moved in here. | 你们搬来真是太让我开心了 |
[46:11] | Really, because the last people were really… | 真的 上一户人家真的 |
[46:16] | cold, you know. | 超冷淡 |
[46:17] | They had a very stagnant energy. | 他们有一种死气沉沉的气场 |
[46:19] | They were Scandinavian. | 斯堪的纳维亚人嘛 |
[46:23] | But you… | 但是你 |
[46:27] | Your being is, like… | 你的气质 怎么说呢 |
[46:31] | it’s a little… | 有一点儿 |
[46:35] | It is? | 真的吗 |
[46:38] | Yeah, I don’t know. I-I guess we’ll find out. | 我也说不好 以后会知道的 |
[46:43] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[46:51] | Bye. | 再见 |
[47:08] | Nice school. | 学校不错啊 |
[47:10] | Apparently. | 明显是的 |
[47:12] | I am disappointed there’s no particle accelerator. | 没有粒子加速器 我很失望 |
[47:15] | I’m sure they’ll have a… capital campaign to buy one. | 他们肯定会募集资金买一个的 |
[47:24] | Maybe he’s just running late. | 也许他只是迟到了 |
[47:25] | Maybe he found something better to do. | 或许他找到更有趣的事做去了 |
[47:29] | Why do you still let him get to you? | 你为什么还让他影响到你 |
[47:34] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[47:42] | There’s Trevor. | 特雷弗在那里 |
[47:53] | You’re Trevor’s parents, aren’t you? | 你们是特雷弗的父母吧 |
[47:55] | – Uh, well, I’m– – You guys have such a wonderful son. | -我是… -你们的儿子太棒了 |
[47:58] | Oh. Did you hear that, Vik? | 听到没有 维克 |
[47:59] | We have a wonderful son. | 我们有个特别棒的儿子 |
[48:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[48:02] | Yeah, we really think so, too. | 我们也是这么认为的 |
[48:05] | And you guys, of course, know Brooklyn. | 你们知道布鲁克林吧 |
[48:07] | Um, we know about Brooklyn | 我们听说过他的一些事 |
[48:09] | more than we know him, but yes, of course. | 对本人不是特别了解 不过是的 |
[48:12] | They’re joined at the hip, those two. | 他们简直像个连体婴 |
[48:13] | Totally inseparable. | 完全难分难舍 |
[48:15] | Which… I want you guys to know, | 我希望你们了解 |
[48:18] | we totally support here in every way. | 我们各方面都完全支持他 |
[48:20] | This is a safe environment | 这里很包容很安全 |
[48:21] | in which Trevor can fully express himself. | 特雷弗可以充分表达自我 |
[48:24] | Anyway, great to see you, | 不管怎样 很高兴见到你们 |
[48:26] | and great to have Trevor with us. | 也很高兴有特雷弗这样的学生 |
[48:27] | He’s truly special. | 他真的很特别 |
[48:30] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[48:40] | So he’s gay, right? | 所以他是同性恋吧 |
[48:41] | As the day is long. | 显而易见 |
[48:44] | Do you think that kid made that robot by himself really, | 你觉得那孩子是真的独立制作了机器人 |
[48:47] | or did his parents help him? | 还是说他的父母有帮忙 |
[48:48] | What the fuck, Helen? | 这他妈怎么回事 海伦 |
[48:50] | No, where were you? | 你上哪去了 |
[48:51] | I don’t know what kind of sick game you’re fucking playing here, | 我不知道你他妈在玩什么把戏 |
[48:53] | but those are my kids, too, | 但那些也是我的孩子 |
[48:54] | and if you ever try to box me out of their lives again– | 如果你再试图把我挡在他们的生活之外 |
[48:56] | Box you out of their lives? | 我把你挡在他们的生活之外 |
[48:57] | You didn’t show up, and suddenly it’s my fault? | 你自己不来 这突然就成了我的错 |
[48:59] | You didn’t put my name on the fucking list. | 你他妈没把我的名字写到名单上 |
[49:00] | What list? I don’t even know– | 什么名单 我根本不知道 |
[49:01] | Okay, stop. That’s enough. Your kids are coming, guys, | 停 够了 你们的孩子过来了 |
[49:04] | so what do you want to do? | 你们打算怎么做 |
[49:06] | How do we want to play this? | 我们要怎么处理此事 |
[49:14] | You’re saying you actually think the producers | 你是说你觉得 |
[49:17] | of Fun Home would give you the rights | 《开心窝》的制片人愿意让你 |
[49:19] | to direct a student production? | 导演一个学生作品 |
[49:21] | Yeah. Me and Brooklyn. | 没错 我和布鲁克林 |
[49:24] | You think I can’t do it? | 你觉得我做不了吗 |
[49:25] | I know you can do it. | 我知道你能做到 |
[49:26] | It’s just a matter of your convincing the producers. | 但关键是你要说服制片人 |
[49:30] | Because, really, who are you? | 老实说 人家又不认识你 |
[49:31] | You’re just some kid. | 你只是个小毛孩 |
[49:33] | I have good ideas. | 我有些好想法 |
[49:34] | So practice your pitch on me first. | 所以你可以先试着说服我 |
[49:37] | You only get one chance with these people. | 这些人只给你一次机会 |
[49:39] | I can tell you the parts that need work. | 我可以告诉你需要改进的地方 |
[49:41] | You would do that? | 你真的愿意帮我吗 |
[49:42] | You have to make an appointment first. | 你首先得和我预约时间 |
[49:43] | I’m a very busy person. | 我可是大忙人 |
[49:44] | Okay, okay. | 好的 好的 |
[49:45] | I’ll have Brooklyn’s mom call your mom. | 我会让布鲁克林的妈妈给你妈打电话预约 |
[49:47] | That’ll be fine. | 这就可以了 |
[49:48] | Yeah. | 好 |
[49:50] | You know, I, um… | 跟你们说 我… |
[49:53] | I really like Brooklyn a lot. | 我真的非常喜欢布鲁克林 |
[49:59] | Yeah, I know you do. | 我知道你喜欢他 |
[50:05] | And I’m really glad. | 我为你感到高兴 |
[50:07] | And I think Vik is glad about that, too. | 我觉得维克也为你感到高兴 |
[50:13] | You know… | 其实 |
[50:15] | if I can be honest | 我想和你们 |
[50:17] | with you guys, | 坦诚相待 |
[50:18] | sometimes I think I might be… | 有时我觉得我可能是… |
[50:22] | Oh, God. So sorry I’m late. | 天呐 不好意思我迟到了 |
[50:24] | This fucking traffic. Jesus. | 堵车真他妈糟心 天呐 |
[50:26] | Oh, can I take that? Put that on our tab. | 这瓶酒给我吧 记到我们的账上 |
[50:28] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[50:30] | Hey, little man. You okay? | 你好 小家伙 你还好吧 |
[50:32] | What were you talking about? | 你们在说些什么 |
[50:34] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[50:35] | – Hi, Dad. – Hi. | -你好 爸 -你好 |
[50:39] | Can I talk to you? | 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[50:56] | What’s going on? | 有什么事 |
[50:57] | Martin called me today. | 马丁今天给我打电话 |
[50:58] | You forgot to fill his food card. | 你忘记给他充饭卡了 |
[51:00] | Is it my month? | 这个月归我管吗 |
[51:02] | – I’m sorry. – You know, I am really trying, | -我很抱歉 -我真的很努力了 |
[51:03] | but you are not the center of the fucking universe, Noah. | 但你他妈又不是世界的中心 诺亚 |
[51:06] | Oh, for fuck’s sake, Helen, not this again. | 我的天呐 海伦 别又来了 |
[51:08] | Do you know what you just blundered into out there | 你知道你刚刚闯入什么了吗 |
[51:09] | like a… like a bull in a china shop? | 像个…像个冲进瓷器店的蛮牛一样 |
[51:12] | Trevor was about to tell us he’s gay. | 特雷弗当时准备告诉我们他是同性恋 |
[51:18] | – What? – Yes. | -什么 -没错 |
[51:19] | I-I-I’m… I’m pretty sure | 我… 我很肯定 |
[51:21] | he was about to tell Vik and me that he thinks he’s gay. | 他准备告诉维克和我他觉得自己是同性恋 |
[51:25] | Well, okay. | 好吧 |
[51:27] | Good for him. | 好样的 |
[51:28] | We’re happy for him, right? | 我们替他高兴 对吧 |
[51:29] | Yes, of course we’re happy for him. | 没错 我们当然替他高兴 |
[51:30] | I just wanted him to be able to tell us. | 我就是想让他亲口告诉我们 |
[51:33] | Which he was trying to do, and then you showed up. | 就像他刚刚要做的那样 然后你突然出现 |
[51:35] | Okay, well, I didn’t know. | 好吧 我当时不知情 |
[51:36] | So let’s go back out there, and maybe he’ll– | 所以我们回去坐好 或许他会… |
[51:38] | No, don’t you see what happened? | 不 你还看不懂刚才的情况吗 |
[51:39] | You walk in, and he just shuts down. | 你走进来 他就不说话了 |
[51:41] | And you come in, and you’re angry, and you’re swearing, | 你进来 带来怒气 满嘴脏话 |
[51:43] | and you’re grabbing beers, you’re eating chips and– | 随手拿起啤酒 吃着薯片 |
[51:45] | It’s a Mexican restaurant. | 这可是家墨西哥餐馆 |
[51:47] | He is intimidated by you. | 他怕你 |
[51:49] | – That’s ridiculous. – He’s afraid to tell you. | -你在胡扯 -他不敢告诉你 |
[51:51] | Well, maybe if he spent more time with me– | 如果他和我多花点时间相处 |
[51:52] | He’s afraid you’re gonna think it’s your fault. | 他担心你会认为这是你造成的 |
[51:54] | Why would I think it’s my fault? | 我为什么会觉得这是我的错 |
[51:55] | Because it is. | 因为这就是你的错 |
[51:57] | What? Trevor being gay is my fault. | 什么 特雷弗是同性恋是我的错 |
[52:00] | No. Shut up. | 别说话 闭嘴 |
[52:00] | – That’s not what I said. – It is what you said. | -我没这么说 -你就是这么说的 |
[52:02] | Well, it’s not what I meant. | 好吧 我不是这个意思 |
[52:03] | Well, what the fuck did you mean, Helen? | 那你是什么意思 海伦 |
[52:05] | I… | 我… |
[52:06] | Is that what you think? | 你这么想吗 |
[52:07] | If that’s what you really think, | 如果你真的这么想 |
[52:08] | then you’ve got really weird ideas | 那你对人如何成为同性恋的想法 |
[52:11] | about how people become gay. | 还真是别出心裁 |
[52:13] | Oh, my God, it’s you. | 天呐 是你 |
[52:18] | You’re the earthquake. | 你就是地震 |
[52:19] | I’m the what? | 我是什么 |
[52:21] | You’re the other fucking shoe. | 你就是问题所在 |
[52:24] | You’re the reason why I can never ever relax. | 你就是我永远无法放松的原因 |
[52:26] | Because every time I see you, | 因为我每次见到你 |
[52:28] | I am just waiting for the next disaster to happen. | 我就在等着下次灾难的降临 |
[52:33] | Jesus Christ, Helen. | 天呐 海伦 |
[52:37] | That’s a little unfair to me, don’t you think? | 你这说法对我有点不公平 你不觉得吗 |
[52:43] | No, I don’t. | 我不觉得 |
[52:49] | You know, years ago, you broke our family apart, | 数年前 这个家被你拆散 |
[52:52] | and now I finally have a new life in a new place. | 现在我在新地方总算有了新生活 |
[52:56] | The only problem is you’re still in it. | 唯一的问题是你还牵涉其中 |
[53:02] | Well, what do you want me to do, Helen? | 你想让我怎么做 海伦 |
[53:05] | Not see my kids? | 不见我的孩子吗 |
[53:06] | ‘Cause that’s not gonna happen. | 因为那是不可能的 |
[53:08] | No, I understand. | 不 这我懂 |
[53:14] | I… | 我… |
[53:18] | I think we should just try to stay away from each other | 我觉得我们彼此应该尽可能的 |
[53:20] | as much as possible. | 保持距离 |
[53:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[53:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[54:30] | Five more minutes. It’s pretty late, okay? | 再玩五分钟 已经很晚了 好吗 |
[54:32] | – Okay, Mom. – Okay, good night. | -好的 妈妈 -好的 晚安 |
[54:33] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[54:46] | I was thinking maybe we could take a few days and… | 我在想或许我们该休息几天… |
[54:50] | go up to Big Sur. | 去大瑟尔一趟 |
[54:52] | I’ve never been there. | 我还没去过 |
[54:53] | It’s supposed to be, like, God’s country. | 听说那里就像 人间天堂 |
[54:56] | Huh. Sounds awful. | 听着很糟糕 |
[54:59] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[55:01] | I’ll switch some things around, | 我把计划调整一下 |
[55:02] | try to clear a weekend. | 来空出一个周末 |
[55:04] | I’d love to have you to myself for a few days. | 我很想和你独处几天 |
[55:10] | You know, I think I’m actually starting to | 我觉得我真的开始明白 |
[55:14] | understand why people like L.A. | 人们为何喜欢洛杉矶了 |
[55:22] | What do you think about that? | 你有什么看法 |
[55:25] | Vik. | 维克 |
[55:27] | Vik! | 维克 |