时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | – Do I know you? – I think you decked me | -我认识你吗 -我想你今早 |
[00:07] | with your board this morning. | 用你的冲浪板打了我一下 |
[00:09] | Yo, let me make it up to you. | 让我来补偿一下你 |
[00:19] | I just watched you freebasing, asshole. | 我刚看着你吸毒 混蛋 |
[00:21] | Why don’t you give the police a call, huh? | 那就报警啊 |
[00:23] | Love to tell them | 很乐意告诉他们 |
[00:23] | who sold me my first eight-ball, | 我第一次是从谁那儿买的毒品 |
[00:25] | Mr. Lockhart. | 洛克哈特先生 |
[00:27] | Cole, she abandoned her daughter on our doorstep. | 科尔 她把自己女儿丢在我们家门口 |
[00:29] | – She is still Joanie’s mother. – She doesn’t deserve to be. | -她仍然是琼妮的母亲 -她不配 |
[00:32] | Well, what do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎样做呢 |
[00:33] | Let’s give her what she wants | 给她想要的吧 |
[00:34] | so we can stop thinking about her. | 这样我们就不用为她的事操心了 |
[00:36] | I’m not a fan of Alison. | 我不喜欢艾莉森 |
[00:38] | She should have her daughter back. | 她的女儿应该回到她身边 |
[00:39] | We did the right thing. | 我们做得对 |
[00:42] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[00:45] | Hi, Officer. | 警官好 |
[00:47] | I hate that a fucking cop | 我痛恨那个该死的警察 |
[00:48] | can pull me over, and my only hope | 叫我靠边停车 我只能寄希望于 |
[00:51] | is that you know him | 你认识他 |
[00:52] | and he likes you so he won’t fuck with me. | 而他喜欢你 这样就不会为难我 |
[00:54] | Maybe we can try again to get you a green card. | 或许我们能再试试给你弄张绿卡 |
[00:56] | How? | 怎么申请 |
[00:57] | I have no children of my own. | 我没有亲生的孩子 |
[00:59] | I can’t demonstrate hardship. | 也不能证明自己处境困难 |
[01:01] | Guess where I was this morning. | 猜猜我今天上午去哪了 |
[01:02] | – I got no idea, Ali. – I was at Woodlawn. | -我不知道 艾莉 -我去了伍德朗 |
[01:04] | Someone like me, with my experience, | 像我这样拥有这种经验的人 |
[01:06] | I could turn this into a career. | 可以做一个职业人士 |
[01:09] | A career? | 作为职业 |
[01:09] | I’m just trying to move on with my life. | 我只是想过好现在的生活 |
[01:12] | I would hardly call what you’re doing “Moving on”. | 我可没看出来你在过”新生活” |
[01:14] | -Why not? -You have practically | -怎么这么说 -你已经 |
[01:15] | made his death your entire identity. | 将他的死 变成了你的身份 |
[01:18] | That conference I was telling you about, | 我和你说的那个会 |
[01:20] | it’s happening in Montauk. | 在蒙托克开 |
[01:23] | Is, uh… is this the grant coordinator’s office? | 这是拨款协调人办公室吗 |
[01:24] | -Hi. I’m Alison. -Ben. | -你好 我是艾莉森 -本 |
[01:28] | How long do you have left with your program? | 你这个项目还要多久 |
[01:30] | Five months, two weeks and three days. | 五个月两周零三天 |
[01:32] | But who’s counting? | 可谁会记着呢 |
[02:51] | What are you implying? | 你在暗示什么吗 |
[02:52] | I’m not implying anything, Cole. | 什么也没有 科尔 |
[02:54] | I’m asking. | 我就问问 |
[02:55] | Look, Alison has a history of depression, so… | 艾莉森有抑郁史 所以… |
[02:58] | how has she seemed to you lately? | 你觉得她最近怎么样 |
[03:00] | How has she been feeling? | 她感觉怎样 |
[03:01] | How’s she been feeling? | 她感觉怎样 |
[03:03] | She’s been happy. | 她一直很开心 |
[03:05] | She’s been fine– for years now. | 她一直很好 这些年来 |
[03:06] | And she wouldn’t do something like that to Joanie. | 她不会那么对琼妮 |
[03:08] | Just relax, Cole. | 放松点 科尔 |
[03:10] | Jeffries is trying to help. | 杰弗里斯只是想帮忙 |
[03:11] | Wait. Is that Solloway? | 等等 那是索罗维吗 |
[03:13] | Hi, Detective. | 你好 侦探 |
[03:14] | We appreciate all you’re doing. | 我们感谢你做的一切 |
[03:15] | No, we don’t. | 不 我们没有 |
[03:16] | He’s not concentrated on the right things. | 他把重点搞错了 |
[03:19] | What about the guy she’s been seeing? | 她最近约会的对象怎么样 |
[03:21] | Uh, Benjamin Cruz. | 本杰明·克鲁兹 |
[03:23] | Does he have an alibi | 他有不在场证明吗 |
[03:24] | An alibi for what? | 关于什么的不在场证明 |
[03:25] | Look, this isn’t a crime investigation, Cole. | 这不是谋杀调查 科尔 |
[03:28] | Alison is missing, so we’re focusing on her. | 艾莉森失踪了 所以我们关注点在她 |
[03:31] | Just give me a call if you remember something. | 如果你想起什么就打给我 |
[03:33] | Things she was concerned about. | 她在意的事情 |
[03:34] | Any irrational behavior. Maybe even– | 任何失常行为 甚至是… |
[03:37] | Oh, Jesus Christ! | 我的上帝 |
[03:38] | I told you she’s been fine! | 我告诉你了 她一直很好 |
[03:40] | Anton. | 安东 |
[03:41] | Let’s pull off up here. | 我们在这停一下 |
[03:44] | Let’s get something to eat. | 去吃点什么 |
[03:45] | Sure. | 好的 |
[03:59] | Oh, fuck. | 该死 |
[04:04] | You want to get that? | 你要接吗 |
[04:05] | I’ll grab you something. | 我帮你点餐 |
[04:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:14] | Hey, Luisa. How are you? | 嘿 路易莎 怎么了 |
[04:18] | 第一话 艾莉森 | |
[04:19] | Secretary of state? | 国务卿吗 |
[04:20] | Why not the president? | 为什么不当总统呢 |
[04:21] | Too much work. | 总统活儿太多了 |
[04:25] | Well, we have to go now. | 我们要挂了 |
[04:26] | I have to brush someone’s teeth. | 我要给某人刷牙 |
[04:27] | – I can do it myself. – Yeah. | -我能自己刷 -是啊 |
[04:29] | Bye, Noah. See you later. | 拜拜 诺亚 下次见 |
[04:31] | Bye, Joanie. Thanks for talking to me. | 拜 琼妮 谢谢你和我聊天 |
[04:33] | Okay, brush ’em all, even the back ones. | 好了 全部都要刷 里面的也要 |
[04:35] | I’m gonna check. | 我会检查 |
[04:36] | I will. | 我会的 |
[04:41] | So… | 那么 |
[04:43] | So… | 怎么了 |
[04:44] | Uh, I should probably get going myself. | 我也许应该自己找点事做 |
[04:48] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[04:50] | You look good. | 你看起来很好 |
[04:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:54] | Are you good? | 你好吗 |
[04:55] | Yeah, I think so. | 我想是的 |
[04:57] | You? | 你呢 |
[04:59] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[05:01] | Helen’s kind of making it a herculean task | 海伦极力阻止我 |
[05:03] | to see the kids, but… | 去见孩子们 但是… |
[05:05] | Well, isn’t that why you’re out there? | 你搬过去不就是为了见他们吗 |
[05:07] | Sure is, but you know Helen. | 当然 但你知道海伦的 |
[05:09] | Why make things simple when they can be painful and difficult? | 她总是喜欢把简单的事情复杂化 |
[05:13] | Yeah, well, you’re doing the right thing. | 你做得对 |
[05:16] | Your kids will know that you fought to see them. | 孩子们会知道你所做的努力 |
[05:18] | And it will mean something to them one day. | 总有一天 这会对他们意义重大 |
[05:22] | Hope so. | 希望如此 |
[05:23] | Believe me, my dad didn’t, so I know. | 相信我 我爸就什么也没做 我知道 |
[05:27] | Hey, I sent you something. | 我寄了东西给你 |
[05:29] | Oh, God, what? | 老天 是什么 |
[05:31] | Nothing. It’s just a gift card. | 没什么 只是张礼物卡 |
[05:33] | What kind of gift card? | 哪种礼物卡 |
[05:36] | To buy a plane ticket to California | 它可以买来加利福尼亚的机票 |
[05:38] | for you and Joanie, | 给你和琼妮的 |
[05:39] | in case you ever need to get away. | 万一你们想去度假 |
[05:44] | I’d like to see her again, Alison, in person. | 我想再见她 艾莉森 当面见 |
[05:47] | ‘Cause, you know, I did raise that child | 因为在她两岁前的时候 |
[05:50] | as my own daughter for the first two years of her life. | 我的确是把她当自己女儿养的 |
[05:53] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:54] | Because, you know, I thought she was my daughter. | 因为我以为她就是我女儿 |
[05:56] | Yes. | 是 |
[05:58] | Just keep it for a rainy day. | 以备不时之需吧 |
[06:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:05] | I will. | 我会的 |
[06:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:10] | Good luck out there. | 祝你好运 |
[06:12] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[06:13] | Okay. | 好了 |
[06:29] | Here you go. Enjoy. | 给 祝你参会愉快 |
[06:31] | Hi. | 你好 |
[06:32] | Hi. May I help you? | 你好 我有什么能帮到你的 |
[06:33] | Um, Bailey, Alison. | 贝利 艾莉森 |
[06:35] | Let’s see. Yes. | 我看看 有的 |
[06:38] | Uh-huh, there you go. | 给 |
[06:40] | – There you are. – Ah. Thank you. | -给 -谢谢 |
[06:44] | Enjoy the conference. | 祝您参会愉快 |
[06:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:22] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼 |
[07:26] | Take a breath. | 深呼吸 |
[07:33] | What do you notice? | 你看到了什么 |
[07:40] | The kitchen sink is… | 洗碗槽… |
[07:43] | full of dirty dishes. | 满满全都是脏盘子 |
[07:47] | Okay. Good. | 好 很好 |
[07:49] | Go with that. | 继续 |
[08:00] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[08:03] | Take a breath. | 深呼吸 |
[08:08] | What do you notice? | 你看到了什么 |
[08:15] | My mother is standing in the doorway. | 我妈站在门口 |
[08:19] | She’s… | 她… |
[08:21] | holding a letter. | 拿着一封信 |
[08:25] | Okay, good. | 好 不错 |
[08:25] | Let’s go with that. | 我们继续 |
[08:27] | Another option if the patient is stuck is to, um… | 如果病人不知所措 另一个选择是… |
[08:31] | to press on their hands, on the palms like this. | 按住他们的手 像这样按住手掌 |
[08:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:43] | Take a breath. | 深呼吸 |
[08:45] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[08:49] | What do you notice? | 你看到了什么 |
[08:56] | She’s crying. | 她在哭 |
[08:59] | She’s apologizing. | 她在道歉 |
[09:05] | She’s saying that she knew all along. | 她说她一直知道 |
[09:11] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[09:15] | Okay. Thank you so much, Tria. | 好 非常感谢你 特里亚 |
[09:16] | We’re gonna stop here, okay? | 我们到此为止 好吗 |
[09:19] | When we started this session, you said that your, um, | 当我们开始这一次治疗的时候 你说… |
[09:22] | distress and discomfort, | 你感到痛苦和不适 |
[09:25] | having to keep your sister’s secret down | 因为得保守你姐妹的秘密 |
[09:27] | for all those years… | 这么多年 |
[09:29] | said it was about a nine or a ten. | 是在大概九岁还是十岁的时候 |
[09:31] | Is that correct? | 是吗 |
[09:33] | – When I thought of it, yes. – Right. | -据我所知 是的 -好 |
[09:35] | You said you-you didn’t let yourself | 你说你不让自己 |
[09:37] | think about it often, right? | 太常想这件是 是吗 |
[09:39] | Because of how painful it was for you? | 因为对你来说很痛苦 |
[09:42] | Would you do me a favor and imagine that scene again now? | 你能帮我个忙 再想一下那个场景吗 |
[09:51] | And? | 现在呢 |
[09:52] | What’s the level of your current discomfort? | 你现在的不适感是什么级别 |
[10:00] | Maybe a… A two. | 也许 两级 |
[10:08] | It feels further away. | 感觉很久远 |
[10:11] | Like it’s happening to someone else. | 像是发生在别人身上的事 |
[10:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:20] | So, the idea behind | 眼动脱敏与再加工 |
[10:22] | eye movement desensitization and reprocessing– EMDR– | 背后的意义 |
[10:26] | is to, um, reorganize our memories | 是重组我们的记忆 |
[10:29] | such that they feel more neutral and less, uh… less charged. | 这样他们就觉得更加中立 不那么紧张 |
[10:32] | Yeah? | 你说 |
[10:34] | Why does it work? | 为什么会有效果 |
[10:36] | Nobody knows for sure, to be honest. | 说实话 没人知道确切的原因 |
[10:38] | But we hypothesize that its effectiveness | 但我们假设 |
[10:41] | has something to do with imitating | 效果与在眼迅速跳动的时候 |
[10:43] | what happens in the brain during REM. | 模仿大脑的活动有关 |
[10:45] | Basically, we believe that mental healing | 基本上 我们相信心理治疗 |
[10:47] | is a lot like physical healing. | 很像身体治疗 |
[10:49] | Our body wants to repair itself. | 我们的身体想自我修复 |
[10:51] | But if a foreign object or-or a… a repeated injury | 但是如果一个外来物或是反复损伤 |
[10:54] | irritates a physical wound, it’s not going to heal. | 刺激到伤口 伤口是不会愈合的 |
[10:59] | Our mind heals from psychological trauma | 我们的心理创伤的愈合 |
[11:02] | in very much the same way. | 差不多也是如此 |
[11:03] | If the system is blocked | 如果系统被 |
[11:05] | by a disturbing memory, | 令人烦恼的记忆阻塞了 |
[11:07] | the emotional wound is going to fester, | 情感上的伤口就会恶化 |
[11:10] | and it causes an intense amount of suffering. | 造成很大痛苦 |
[11:12] | So, what EMDR does, basically, | 所以眼动脱敏和再加工做的基本上 |
[11:14] | it’s-it’s, um… it diffuses that block. | 就是分散阻碍 |
[11:16] | It, uh, | 它 |
[11:17] | neutralizes its potency | 中和了效力 |
[11:19] | so that we can basically heal our own minds. | 这样我们就能治愈我们的心灵 |
[11:24] | Yep, you in the back? | 后面的这位 |
[11:25] | Can you, uh, talk specifically | 你能具体讲讲 |
[11:27] | about your experiences | 你和老兵 |
[11:28] | doing this kind of work with veterans? | 做这类工作的经历吗 |
[11:30] | Excellent question. | 很棒的问题 |
[11:32] | You know, in three separate clinical trials last year alone, | 仅仅在去年 就有三个独立的临床试验 |
[11:35] | it was recently reported that after 12 EMDR sessions | 最近表明在12个疗程的眼动脱敏和再加工后 |
[11:39] | 77.7% of combat veterans | 77.7%的参战退伍老兵 |
[11:42] | no longer met the criteria for PTSD. | 不再有创伤后精神压力症 |
[11:45] | All right, we’re about to take a break. | 好了 我们休息一下 |
[11:47] | Uh, find a partner. Spread around. | 找一个伙伴 分散开 |
[11:50] | I want you to experience this technique for yourselves. | 我想让你们自己体验一下这个方法 |
[11:52] | Take an hour and, uh, come back here | 一个小时 然后回来 |
[11:54] | to discuss your discoveries. | 讨论你的发现 |
[11:56] | Thank you, guys. | 谢谢大家 |
[12:31] | It’s pretty interesting stuff, huh? | 很有趣 是吗 |
[12:35] | You scared me. | 你吓到我了 |
[12:36] | Oh, I’m sorry. I’m not that terrifying. | 抱歉 我没那么吓人吧 |
[12:39] | Do you forgive me? | 你原谅我了吗 |
[12:41] | What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[12:43] | Stalking you, of course. | 当然是跟踪你 |
[12:47] | I’m kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[12:48] | Um, the VHA, they sent me here to investigate this therapy. | 退伍军人健康管理局让我来调查一下这个疗法 |
[12:52] | We think it could be helpful for our guys. | 我们觉得可能能帮到我们的人 |
[12:56] | You want to try it out? | 你想试试吗 |
[12:57] | Partner up? | 我们一组 |
[12:59] | Um, yeah. | 好啊 |
[13:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:04] | Cool. Okay. | 行 好的 |
[13:05] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:37] | – All right, um… – Okay. | -好了 -好吧 |
[13:41] | Let’s see. | 我们来看看 |
[13:46] | It says, uh, we can start with… | 上面说 我们可以从这里开始… |
[13:49] | taking an oral history of each other. | 口述下彼此的过去 |
[13:52] | That sounds a little dirty, doesn’t it? | 听起来有点下流 不是吗 |
[13:55] | Then, uh, | 然后就是 |
[13:56] | we move on to the | 开始 |
[13:58] | question and finger metronome thing. | 提问和催眠阶段 |
[14:02] | Are you, uh… | 你是不是… |
[14:03] | Are you nervous? You seem nervous. | 你紧张吗 你看起来很紧张 |
[14:04] | – No, no, I’m… No. – I’m nervous. | -不 我… 没有 -我很紧张 |
[14:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:08] | I’m a little nervous. | 我有点紧张 |
[14:10] | Never done anything like this before, so… | 从没这样做过 所以… |
[14:14] | Yeah. Me, neither. | 我也是 |
[14:16] | Glad my first time will be with you, though. | 不过很高兴第一次是和你一起 |
[14:26] | So… | 那… |
[14:28] | what are your traumas? | 你的创伤是什么 |
[14:35] | Well, my dad left my mom, | 我爸离开了我妈 |
[14:38] | but that was before I was born, so… | 不过是在我出生前了 所以… |
[14:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:44] | You said you were twice divorced? | 你说你离过两次婚 |
[14:46] | Any trauma there? | 有没有给你留下什么创伤 |
[14:50] | What? | 怎么了 |
[14:51] | Okay, all right. | 好吧 |
[14:53] | Well, what does that leave us with? | 那段经历给你留下了什么 |
[14:55] | Um, any phobias? | 留下了什么恐惧症吗 |
[14:57] | Well, um… I don’t love the ocean. | 我不喜欢大海 |
[15:03] | Classic. | 经典 |
[15:04] | Okay. Water. | 好吧 水 |
[15:05] | Um, let’s start with that. | 就从这里开始吧 |
[15:08] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[15:22] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼 |
[15:25] | Think of the ocean. | 想着大海 |
[15:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:34] | Hold, please. | 稍等 |
[15:36] | You’re a natural. | 你真傻 |
[15:37] | Yeah. Hold on. | 是 稍等 |
[15:38] | Ah, here we go. | 在这里 |
[15:39] | It, uh… it says here we can start | 上面说我们可以 |
[15:42] | with your earliest memory of the trauma, | 从你对创伤最早的记忆开始 |
[15:44] | your worst memory or the most recent one. | 你最可怕的或是最近的记忆 |
[15:47] | So, did something traumatic happen in the ocean? | 海里发生了什么令你不快的事吗 |
[15:52] | Uh, yeah. | 有 |
[15:55] | Are you thinking about it? | 你在回忆那件事吗 |
[15:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:57] | Just making sure I’m doing it right. | 只是确认下我没做错 |
[15:59] | Um, okay. | 好吧 |
[16:01] | So, let’s follow my hand again. | 再看着我的手 |
[16:14] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼 |
[16:17] | Take a breath. | 深呼吸 |
[16:26] | What do you notice? | 你看到了什么 |
[16:29] | I’m on the beach. | 我在海滩上 |
[16:32] | What time of day is it? | 那是一天中的什么时候 |
[16:34] | Evening. | 晚上 |
[16:37] | Are you alone? | 你一个人吗 |
[16:39] | No. | 不是 |
[16:41] | I’m with some friends. | 我和几个朋友在一起 |
[16:44] | We’re having a barbecue. | 我们在烧烤 |
[16:49] | My son is playing in the surf. | 我儿子在海浪中玩耍 |
[16:53] | Your son? | 你儿子 |
[16:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:01] | Good. | 好 |
[17:02] | Let’s go with that. | 继续 |
[17:17] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼 |
[17:19] | Take a breath. | 深呼吸 |
[17:22] | What do you notice? | 你看到了什么 |
[17:26] | It’s getting late. | 天色已晚 |
[17:30] | The sun is going down, and I’m cold. | 太阳就要下山了 我很冷 |
[17:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:41] | Let’s go with that. | 继续 |
[17:51] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼 |
[17:54] | What do you notice? | 你看到了什么 |
[18:03] | I-I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:04] | Nothing. Just… | 什么也没有 就是 |
[18:06] | – Nothing? – Yeah. | -什么也没有 -是的 |
[18:08] | The beach, the sand, our friends. | 海滩 沙子 我们的朋友 |
[18:10] | It’s more of the same. | 都差不多 |
[18:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:17] | We can try this technique. | 我们可以试试这个技巧 |
[18:33] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼 |
[18:41] | Now, what do you notice? | 现在 你看到了什么 |
[18:47] | My husband isn’t paying attention. | 我丈夫没有看着孩子 |
[18:51] | He’s flirting with a woman. | 他在和一个女人调情 |
[18:55] | I just want to leave. | 我只想离开 |
[19:00] | I call out to my son. | 我喊我儿子 |
[19:01] | I tell him it’s time to come out. | 我跟他说该上岸了 |
[19:05] | Cole says he’s watching the children and they’re fine. | 科尔说他在看着孩子们 他们没事 |
[19:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:21] | Go with that. | 继续 |
[19:40] | I’m inside my house. | 我在房子里 |
[19:43] | I’ve gone to get a blanket. | 我去拿条毯子 |
[19:50] | I hear a commotion from my window. | 我听见窗外一阵骚动 |
[19:52] | Shouting. | 有人在大喊 |
[19:55] | I look out, and I see a group of people | 我朝窗外看去 看见一群人 |
[19:57] | pulling something from the water. | 在把什么从海中拉出 |
[19:58] | It looks like a child. | 看上去是个孩子 |
[20:06] | Okay. Good. | 好的 很好 |
[20:07] | Good. Let’s go with that. | 很好 继续 |
[20:16] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼 |
[20:19] | So… | 那… |
[20:21] | you’re looking out the window. | 你从窗外看去 |
[20:30] | I’m seeing something else now. | 我还看见了些什么 |
[20:33] | – What do you see? – I’m in the water. | -你看到了什么 -我在水里 |
[20:35] | You’re-you’re in the water? | 你在水里 |
[20:37] | I can’t breathe. | 我不能呼吸了 |
[20:38] | I’m choking on the water. | 我在水里要窒息了 |
[20:41] | My lungs are on fire. | 我的肺着了火 |
[20:45] | And then these hands, these… | 然后有些手 有些… |
[20:46] | Whose hands? | 谁的手 |
[20:47] | Two big, strong hands are… | 一双强壮有力的大手 |
[20:50] | pulling me from the water, and… | 将我从水中托起 还有 |
[20:54] | The air is warm. | 空气很温暖 |
[20:59] | Okay, good. | 很好 |
[21:02] | Go with that. | 接着说 |
[21:05] | I can’t. I’m… | 我做不到 |
[21:06] | I’m sorry. I can’t. | 很抱歉 我做不到 |
[21:16] | Alison. | 艾莉森 |
[21:22] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[21:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[21:27] | You need anything? | 有什么需要的吗 |
[21:34] | Want me to leave you alone? | 想一个人静静吗 |
[21:39] | No. | 不是的 |
[21:45] | You know what we should do? | 你知道我们应该做什么吗 |
[21:47] | We should meet up all over the country | 我们应该参加全国 |
[21:48] | at different PTSD conferences. | 各个不同的创伤后应激障碍的讨论会 |
[21:51] | What? | 什么 |
[21:52] | Yeah, there’s a, uh, CPT conference | 游戏疗法中心有个大会 |
[21:54] | happening in Milwaukee in two weeks. | 在密尔沃基 还有两周 |
[21:55] | You want to go? | 想去吗 |
[21:57] | Seriously? | 你说真的 |
[21:58] | I kind of like this idea. | 我还挺喜欢这玩意儿 |
[21:59] | It’s like a really fucked-up, quirky romantic comedy. | 这好比一场又傻气又荒诞的浪漫喜剧 |
[22:02] | Very Woody Allen. | 颇具伍迪·艾伦之风 |
[22:04] | Yeah. Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:06] | Well, think about it. | 仔细考虑考虑 |
[22:08] | I’ll text you the information. | 回头我把具体细节发给你 |
[22:09] | Pretty sure it’s two weeks from now. | 但我肯定绝对是两周之后 |
[22:12] | Oh, no, I… I don’t think I can. | 不 我想我做不到 |
[22:13] | I have my daughter that weekend, so… | 周末我女儿要来 所以 |
[22:17] | Well, yeah, that’s more important. | 当然 还是那个重要 |
[22:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:26] | Want to rent a boat? | 想租条船吗 |
[22:30] | What, now? | 现在吗 |
[22:31] | Yeah, right now. | 就是现在 |
[22:32] | We’ll go out for the afternoon. | 下午我们出去放松放松 |
[22:34] | What better way to get you over this fear of the ocean, right? | 没有比这更好让你克服对海洋的恐惧了吧 |
[22:37] | And since I clearly fucked up your EMDR, | 显然我搞砸了你的眼动脱敏与再加工疗法 |
[22:39] | I gotta find another way. | 我得换种方法 |
[22:41] | I’m thinking, uh, immersion therapy. | 浸没式疗法或许可以 |
[23:09] | Alison, we got a boat. | 艾莉森 租到船了 |
[23:24] | You having fun yet? | 现在开不开心 |
[23:26] | What? | 你说什么 |
[23:28] | Are you having fun yet? | 你开不开心 |
[23:31] | I can’t hear you. | 我听不清 |
[23:35] | Never mind. | 不要紧啦 |
[24:00] | Here we go. | 就在这儿吧 |
[24:07] | You hungry? They packed us lunch. | 饿不饿 他们给我们打包了午餐 |
[24:09] | – Really? – Yeah, it’s, uh, | -真的吗 -是的 就在 |
[24:11] | right behind the captain’s seat in the cooler. | 驾驶座后面的冷藏箱里 |
[24:24] | I’ll put this away. | 我得把这个收起来 |
[24:25] | No, don’t worry about it. | 不要紧的 |
[24:27] | Honestly, I’m fine. | 讲真 我没关系的 |
[24:28] | You should drink it. | 你倒是真可以喝喝酒 |
[24:30] | I bet you’re a cute drunk. | 我打赌你喝醉了一定很可爱 |
[24:36] | Was it hard? | 不容易吧 |
[24:38] | Getting sober? | 保持清醒 |
[24:40] | Yeah. Yeah, it fucking sucked. | 是啊 太他妈糟心了 |
[24:44] | For a while, I thought I’d rather be dead. | 有那么一会儿 我觉得还是死了痛快 |
[24:46] | But the person I am when I drink is someone I hate, and, | 但是我讨厌自己喝了酒的样子 |
[24:51] | person I am when I’m sober, well, that’s… | 要是清醒着 |
[24:54] | that’s someone I can live with. | 我倒是还能忍受自己 |
[24:59] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[25:00] | Me? | 我怎么了 |
[25:01] | Any chemical dependencies I should know about? | 有什么我应该了解的依赖性物质吗 |
[25:04] | No. Miraculously. | 神了 我真没有 |
[25:10] | I did used to cut myself, though. | 不过我过去倒是总自残 |
[25:15] | You mean… | 你的意思是 |
[25:15] | For fun? | 割着玩的 |
[25:17] | Yeah, kind of. | 算是吧 |
[25:20] | To feel better. | 为了让自己好受一点 |
[25:24] | That’s awful. | 太可怕了 |
[25:26] | Yeah, it was. | 没错 |
[25:29] | Tried to kill myself once, too. | 也有一次尝试过自杀 |
[25:36] | I really don’t know why I’m telling you this. | 真是不知道为什么我要告诉你这些 |
[25:39] | I… | 我想 |
[25:42] | Maybe because you think I’d understand. | 也许你觉得我能理解你 |
[25:49] | So… | 所以 |
[25:51] | you have a son and daughter. | 你有一儿一女 |
[25:55] | I think I will have some of that wine. | 我还是喝点酒吧 |
[25:57] | Please. | 请便 |
[25:58] | Yeah, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:01] | Yeah, I got it. | 来 我开吧 |
[26:01] | – All right. – Yeah. | -好吧 -应该的 |
[26:19] | I did have a son. | 我确实有过一个儿子 |
[26:21] | But he drowned. | 溺水死了 |
[26:23] | Wh-What? | 你说什么 |
[26:30] | So… | 所以 |
[26:33] | that memory that day at the, uh… | 你记忆里的那天 |
[26:35] | at the beach with your husband and the blanket, | 沙滩上 有你的丈夫和毯子 |
[26:38] | was that the day your son…? | 那天是你儿子 |
[26:42] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[26:44] | Oh, my God, I’m sorry, Alison. | 天哪 我很抱歉 艾莉森 |
[26:53] | What about the hands? | 那双手呢 |
[26:55] | You said they pulled him out of the water | 你说他们把他托出水面 |
[26:57] | and he was on the beach. He could breathe. | 然后他躺在沙滩上 还能呼吸 |
[26:59] | No, no, uh… | 不 不是的 |
[27:02] | that wasn’t him. | 那不是他 |
[27:04] | No, that was me. | 那是我 |
[27:05] | That was a, uh, dream I used to have. | 那是个我经常做的梦 |
[27:10] | That’s why it’s so weird | 那就是为什么这么奇怪 |
[27:11] | that it came up again in the EMDR. | 它又一次出现在眼动脱敏与再加工疗法里 |
[27:12] | It just, uh… | 只是 |
[27:17] | No, anyway, um, Gabriel died that day. | 不管怎样 加百列那天去世了 |
[27:19] | He was four. | 他只有四岁 |
[27:22] | Nobody saved him. | 没人能救他 |
[27:29] | Anyway, you know, | 总之 |
[27:30] | it’s taken me a very long time to say this | 我花了很久才能说出来这件事 |
[27:32] | without wanting to die. | 而没想着去死了 |
[27:35] | My son drowned. | 我的儿子溺水死了 |
[27:38] | He drowned. | 他溺水死了 |
[27:44] | And… | 那么 |
[27:46] | that’s what you walk around carrying every day? | 你每天都背着这么沉重的包袱 |
[27:49] | Your own son? | 关于你儿子的包袱 |
[27:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[27:54] | You seem so together, so functional. | 你看上去那么不受影响 那么正常 |
[27:58] | I am, most days. | 大多数日子 我是的 |
[28:00] | It’s taken me a while. | 花了有一阵子 |
[28:11] | What’s that face? | 你这是什么表情 |
[28:13] | You amaze me. | 你让我震惊 |
[28:21] | You know what’s really weird about that dream? | 你知道那个梦真正奇怪在哪吗 |
[28:24] | When I’m drowning and someone rescues me? | 我溺水的时候 有人来救我 |
[28:28] | I used to have it all the time as a child. | 小的时候我一直做这个梦 |
[28:31] | I remember being five or six and… | 我记得我五六岁的时候 |
[28:36] | being afraid to go to sleep. | 害怕睡觉 |
[28:38] | Eventually, I stopped having it, but… | 最后 我没有再做了 但是 |
[28:41] | when Gabriel died, | 当加百列去世 |
[28:43] | it all came rushing back. | 全部又回来了 |
[28:46] | And the… | 然后 |
[28:50] | It’s the same beach. | 是同一片海滩 |
[28:54] | I can see the lighthouse in the distance. | 我能看到远方的灯塔 |
[28:56] | I can see my house behind me, past the dunes. | 我能看到我身后沙丘那边的家 |
[29:02] | And ever since, I’ve wondered if it was a, um… | 自那以后 我就一直在想那是不是 |
[29:05] | Premonition. | 不祥的预感 |
[29:09] | A premonition. | 不祥的预感 |
[29:12] | Not a dream at all. | 完全不是梦 |
[29:16] | So you think you saw | 所以你觉得 |
[29:18] | what happened to your son before it happened. | 你在那事发生前就看到了你儿子的遭遇 |
[29:21] | If I say yes, will you think I’m crazy? | 如果我说是 你会觉得我疯了吗 |
[29:25] | No. | 不会 |
[29:27] | I think there’s all sorts of ways of knowing things, Alison. | 我觉得了解事情的途径有很多 艾莉森 |
[29:33] | What if… | 如果 |
[29:36] | What if something or somebody | 如果是某个事物或某个人 |
[29:37] | was trying to tell me to watch out? | 试图让我保持警觉呢 |
[29:42] | Like, be ready? | 让我做好准备 |
[29:46] | And when the time came, I missed it? | 而当那一刻来临的时候 我却错过了 |
[30:01] | I haven’t told anyone this before. | 我以前从没跟人说过这个 |
[30:04] | Not Cole. Not Noah. | 没跟科尔 也没跟诺亚说过 |
[30:10] | Come here. | 过来 |
[30:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[30:17] | I just want you to be closer. | 我就是想靠近你一点 |
[30:31] | You know, a lot of people have nightmares about drowning. | 你知道 很多人都会做关于溺水的噩梦 |
[30:35] | Maybe it’s just a… | 或许这只是 |
[30:38] | childhood fantasy about being saved. | 想要被拯救的儿时幻想 |
[30:40] | But why would I dream of the same beach where he died? | 可我为什么会梦到他死去的那片沙滩 |
[30:44] | Well, maybe you didn’t originally. | 或许你最初并没有梦到 |
[30:46] | Maybe you added that part later. | 或许你是在他死后才加上的 |
[30:49] | Maybe because you’re looking for a way to blame yourself. | 或许你在试图找到责备自己的方式 |
[30:57] | You’d make a good shrink. | 你做心理医生的话会很出色的 |
[31:04] | What am I doing on a boat with you? | 我为什么跟你一起坐在船上 |
[31:07] | It was your idea. | 这是你提出来的 |
[31:14] | Should we head back? | 我们要回去了吗 |
[31:20] | Okay. | 好 |
[31:24] | All right. | 好 |
[32:19] | Wait, wait. | 等等 |
[32:24] | Well, this is a complete disaster. | 这简直是灾难 |
[32:30] | Right. | 嗯 |
[33:30] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[33:31] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[33:32] | Geez. I thought you had a fucking stroke. | 天 我以为你中风了 |
[33:37] | I was just trying to get away from you. | 我只是想远离你 |
[33:41] | So much for your fear of the ocean. | 还好意思说你怕大海呢 |
[33:44] | You’re insane. You know that, right? | 你疯了 你知道的 对吗 |
[33:46] | Yeah, yeah. I’ve heard that before. | 嗯 不是第一次有人这么说我了 |
[33:57] | Hey, Ben? | 本 |
[33:58] | Hey, Alison? | 艾莉森 |
[34:00] | I’m having a very nice time not having sex with you. | 我玩得很开心 没和你做爱 |
[34:05] | Well, don’t get too used to it. | 别习惯了 |
[34:19] | 第二话 科尔 | |
[35:29] | What the fuck are you doing, man? | 你他妈在干什么 |
[35:31] | Come on. We’re going someplace. | 起来 我们要去个地方 |
[35:33] | What? | 什么 |
[35:35] | You and me? | 你和我 |
[35:37] | That’s right. | 对 |
[35:38] | Dude. No way. | 没门儿 |
[35:46] | What’s that smell, man? | 什么味道 |
[35:48] | Lighter fluid. | 打火机油 |
[35:49] | Yo, I’m not going anywhere with you. | 我不会和你去任何地方 |
[35:51] | Fucking psychopath. | 死变态 |
[35:53] | I think you are. | 你必须跟我去 |
[35:55] | Or else what, man? | 不然要怎样 |
[35:57] | You’re gonna just light me on fire? | 放火把我烧了吗 |
[36:00] | I might. | 也许 |
[36:04] | So it’s now been, | 距离那次事故 |
[36:05] | six years, three months and two days since the accident, | 已经过去了六年三个月零两天 |
[36:10] | and, I’ve rebuilt a bit of a relationship with my kids. | 我和我的孩子重新建立起了关系 |
[36:16] | My ex-wife still doesn’t speak to me, | 我前妻还是不和我说话 |
[36:18] | but I can’t say I blame her. | 但我不怪她 |
[36:21] | I saw her the other day at the grocery store, | 前几天我在杂货店里看到她了 |
[36:23] | and she pretended not to see me. | 她假装没看到我 |
[36:27] | But one day at a time. | 但每天进步一点点 |
[36:30] | I thank God every day that I’m still alive | 我活着的每天都感谢上帝 |
[36:33] | and that I get to have another sunrise to try | 感谢赐予我 |
[36:36] | to do it better. | 改过自新的机会 |
[36:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:42] | I’m being fucking kidnapped. | 我被绑架了 |
[36:44] | No talking. | 禁止说话 |
[36:54] | My name is Ben, and I’m an addict. | 我叫本 我是的瘾君子 |
[36:56] | – Hey, Ben. – Hey, Ben. | -你好 本 -你好 本 |
[36:58] | I’m so grateful I found this meeting. | 我很感激我找到了这个互诫会 |
[37:00] | I’m, uh… I’m not from around here. | 我 我不是本地人 |
[37:03] | I, uh… I woke up this morning | 我今早醒来 |
[37:06] | just itching for some blow, and… | 想要吸点可卡因 |
[37:08] | I knew I needed help. | 我就知道我需要帮助了 |
[37:11] | I’ve been, uh… I’ve been clean for about seven months now, | 我已经戒了七个月了 |
[37:15] | and it’s been the hardest thing I’ve ever done. | 这是我做过的最艰难的事 |
[37:16] | And I did two tours in Afghanistan. | 我派驻阿富汗服役过两次 |
[37:21] | You know, to be honest, | 老实说 |
[37:24] | the thing I struggle with the most in the program | 在这个项目里最让我痛苦的 |
[37:25] | is not the drinking, but the abstinence. | 不是戒酒而是禁欲 |
[37:33] | I miss women. | 我想念女人 |
[37:38] | But I know, for me, it’s a… it’s a slippery slope. | 但我知道 这对我来说是滑坡谬误 |
[37:42] | Girls make me want to drink, | 女生让我想喝酒 |
[37:43] | and, uh, drinking makes me want to use. | 喝酒让我想吸毒 |
[37:50] | You know, when I got back from the sandbox, | 当我从阿富汗回来 |
[37:52] | I was… I was completely numb. | 我 我完全麻木了 |
[38:00] | Couldn’t get it up for my wife, | 对妻子硬不起来 |
[38:01] | so I started drinking in order to be able to fuck her. | 所以为了能操她我开始喝酒 |
[38:06] | And then that led to using, | 接着喝酒又导致吸毒 |
[38:09] | then our marriage started to fall apart. | 然后我们的婚姻开始分崩离析 |
[38:13] | Things that, uh, used to make me happy, | 以前让我快乐的事 |
[38:17] | I couldn’t feel those things anymore. | 我再也感受不到了 |
[38:21] | Couldn’t feel anything except angry. | 除了愤怒什么都感受不到 |
[38:26] | It was hell. | 像地狱一般 |
[38:27] | I like this guy. | 我喜欢这人 |
[38:29] | You should ask him to be your sponsor. | 你应该让他做你的担保人 |
[38:31] | No talking. | 禁止说话 |
[38:32] | I haven’t had any PTSD attacks, | 我没有感受到任何创伤后应激障碍 |
[38:33] | and I’ve been feeling okay. | 我一直感觉还行 |
[38:35] | You know, not good, not bad. | 不好不坏 |
[38:36] | Just… just okay. | 就还行 |
[38:42] | And then I met this girl, and… | 然后我遇到了一个女孩 |
[38:47] | She’s like the woman I’ve been looking for my whole life. | 她就是我一生苦苦寻求的意中人 |
[38:51] | But I spent the day with her on a boat yesterday. | 我昨天跟她在船上待了一天 |
[38:55] | I wanted to drink so fucking bad. | 我当时特别想喝酒 |
[39:00] | I didn’t. | 但我没喝 |
[39:03] | That’s why I’m here this morning. | 因此我今天早上来了这里 |
[39:04] | One day at a time, by the grace of God. | 上帝保佑 一天天地坚持 |
[39:07] | So, thanks for letting me share. | 谢谢你们的倾听 |
[39:17] | I appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[39:19] | It’s a great place, so thank you. | 这是个好地方 谢谢你 |
[39:20] | – You’re welcome. – Bye. | -不用谢 -再见 |
[39:26] | Hey, man. | 兄弟 |
[39:28] | I’m Cole. | 我叫科尔 |
[39:30] | Hi. | 你好 |
[39:31] | That’s Bram. | 这是布拉姆 |
[39:33] | I like what you said up there. | 我喜欢你刚刚分享的故事 |
[39:34] | And he’s new to the program. He’s looking for a sponsor. | 他是新来的 在找一个担保人 |
[39:39] | He’s new to the program, huh? | 他是新来的吗 |
[39:41] | Yeah. Day one. | 对 第一天参加 |
[39:43] | You think he’s gonna stick with it? | 你觉得他会坚持参加吗 |
[39:44] | Sure. He’s 100% committed. | 当然 他有百分之百的决心 |
[39:50] | Yeah, I’d like to, man, but, uh, I’m not from out here. | 我也想帮他 兄弟 但我不是当地人 |
[39:53] | Headed back to Hicksville now. | 我现在要回去希克斯维尔 |
[39:54] | My wife, she goes crazy with both kids | 我的妻子在周末很难照顾两个小孩 |
[39:56] | on the weekends, and I’m already late. | 我已经回晚了 |
[39:58] | What about the girl you were talking about? | 那你刚刚说到的女孩怎么办 |
[40:02] | You know how these things are, man, right? | 你懂的 兄弟 |
[40:04] | It’s complicated. | 这很复杂 |
[40:07] | Good to meet you, Cole. | 很高兴见到你 科尔 |
[40:09] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[40:10] | You, too, kid. | 也祝你好运 孩子 |
[40:17] | Hey, babe. | 宝贝 |
[40:19] | Where have you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[40:21] | Was trying to be a Good Samaritan. | 在试着做一个好心人 |
[40:23] | Did it work? | 成功了吗 |
[40:25] | No. | 没有 |
[40:34] | What’s with all the paperwork? | 你在忙什么 |
[40:35] | Studying for your LSATs? | 在准备法学院入学考试吗 |
[40:37] | Why would I be studying for the LSATs? | 我为什么会准备法学院入学考试呢 |
[40:40] | I’m kidding. | 开玩笑 |
[40:42] | What’s with all that stuff? | 那些是什么 |
[40:45] | They’re my immigration forms. | 这是我的移民申请表 |
[40:50] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[40:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[40:53] | I’m thinking about applying for my citizenship after all. | 我在考虑申请国籍 |
[40:57] | Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? | 不入虎穴 焉得虎子 对吗 |
[40:59] | Right, but isn’t that something we should talk about first? | 对 但我们不是应该先商量一下吗 |
[41:02] | What is there to talk about? | 要商量什么 |
[41:04] | Well, the risk. | 风险 |
[41:05] | What risk? | 什么风险 |
[41:07] | That they would deport you. | 他们可能会把你驱逐出境 |
[41:08] | Yes. | 对 |
[41:10] | And that’s why I need you to sign something for me. | 因此我需要你为我签个名 |
[41:13] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[41:14] | That’s the hardship waiver. | 这是困境豁免申请 |
[41:15] | My only chance to become a citizen | 让我成为一个合法公民的唯一办法是 |
[41:17] | is by demonstrating that my deportation | 证实我若被驱逐出境 |
[41:20] | would create hardship for someone. | 将会对某人造成困境 |
[41:22] | So you want me to sign | 所以你想让我签名证实 |
[41:23] | that it would create hardship for me? Sure. | 我将会陷入困境吗 当然可以 |
[41:25] | No, not for you. Joanie. | 不 不是你 是对琼妮造成困境 |
[41:28] | I’m confused. | 我不明白 |
[41:29] | Look, Alison has a history of mental illness. | 艾莉森有过精神疾病史 |
[41:32] | It’s been well documented. | 这有记录 |
[41:33] | All we need to do is send in records of her hospitalization | 我们只需要提交她的住院记录 |
[41:36] | to prove that she’s not a fit mother. | 来证明她不是个合格的母亲 |
[41:39] | But wait, I have drafted this letter. | 等等 我已经拟好了一封信 |
[41:42] | It’s a statement on Joanie’s behalf. | 这是代表琼妮的声明 |
[41:45] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[41:47] | I need you to ask Alison if she will let me | 我需要你去问问艾莉森是否愿意让我 |
[41:49] | be Joanie’s legal guardian. | 做琼妮的法定监护人 |
[41:50] | Luisa, we just went through this last year. | 路易莎 我们去年刚把这事儿给搞定 |
[41:54] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:56] | We gave her custody back. | 我们把抚养权还给她了 |
[41:58] | You wanted to do that. That was your idea. | 是你想这么做 那是你的想法 |
[42:00] | Yeah, I know. It was a… it was a mistake. | 我知道 那是… 那是个错误 |
[42:03] | A mistake for who? | 对谁来说是个错误 |
[42:04] | Well, for me. | 对我来说是个错误 |
[42:06] | So you want me to ask Alison | 在她经历了那么多之后 |
[42:07] | to declare herself an unfit mother | 你想要我去让艾莉森 |
[42:09] | after everything that she’s been through? | 声明她自己是个不合格的母亲吗 |
[42:11] | Yeah, but it would just be on paper. | 对 但只是书面声明 |
[42:13] | Nothing would have to change. | 不需要改变什么 |
[42:15] | We would still share custody of Joanie, | 我们仍然会共同拥有琼妮的抚养权 |
[42:17] | but I could submit these forms. | 但这样我就可以提交这些申请表了 |
[42:20] | Say I was her mother, her only mother. | 表上会写我是她的母亲 她唯一的母亲 |
[42:22] | And you don’t think they’re going to check? | 他们不会去查吗 |
[42:23] | No. Do you think an ICE agent is coming to Montauk | 不会 你觉得移民与海关执法局特工会 |
[42:26] | to check who picks Joanie up from fucking kindergarten? | 来蒙托克调查是谁去幼儿园接琼妮吗 |
[42:29] | They don’t give a shit, Cole. | 他们才不会在乎 科尔 |
[42:31] | What they care, it’s… it’s what’s on the paper. | 他们在乎的是书面工作 |
[42:34] | – I can’t ask Alison to do this. – Why? | -我不能请求艾莉森这么做 -为什么 |
[42:36] | Because it would break her heart. | 因为这会让她心碎 |
[42:43] | Then I-I can’t stay. | 那我就不能留在这里了 |
[42:44] | Oh, stop being so dramatic. | 别那么夸张 |
[42:46] | Of course you can stay. | 你当然能留下 |
[42:49] | Everything is fine here. | 一切都很好 |
[42:50] | We have a great life. | 我们过得很好 |
[42:52] | No, you have a great life. | 不 你过得很好 |
[42:55] | You are turning this into a competition | 你是在把这演变成 |
[42:56] | between you and her. You are. | 你和她之间的竞争 没错 |
[42:58] | Think about what you’re doing. | 想想你在干什么 |
[43:00] | Think about what you’re asking me to do. | 想想你在让我干什么 |
[43:02] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[43:03] | I-I can’t go on like this. | 我不能再这样继续下去 |
[43:05] | This is not a life for me. | 这对我来说不是生活 |
[43:07] | It might work for you, | 这对你也许管用 |
[43:09] | but this whole relationship, our marriage, | 但这整段关系 包括我们的婚姻 |
[43:12] | it’s been on your terms, Cole. | 都是基于你的条件 科尔 |
[43:14] | We live in your town. | 我们生活在你的城镇 |
[43:16] | We see your family. I work in your restaurant. | 探望你的家人 我在你的餐厅工作 |
[43:18] | I’ll sell the restaurant. | 我会卖掉那间餐厅 |
[43:20] | If that’ll make you happy, I will sell the restaurant. | 如果能让你开心 我会卖掉餐厅 |
[43:26] | What if I get deported? | 要是我被驱逐出境怎么办 |
[43:29] | Would you come with me | 你会跟我一起走吗 |
[43:31] | back to Ecuador? | 回厄瓜多尔吗 |
[43:32] | And leave Joanie here? Of course not. | 把琼妮留在这儿吗 当然不行 |
[43:39] | I’m tired of feeling like your domestic help, Cole. | 我不想再做你的女仆了 科尔 |
[43:41] | Stop that. You are my wife. | 别这么说 你是我老婆 |
[43:45] | Yeah, I live in this house. | 是啊 我住在这房子里 |
[43:46] | I cook your meals. | 我给你做饭 |
[43:48] | I wash your clothes. I care for your daughter. | 我给你洗衣服 照顾你女儿 |
[43:50] | But I have nothing of my own. | 可我没有属于自己的东西 |
[43:51] | Me. | 我 |
[43:53] | You have me. | 你有我 |
[43:56] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[43:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[44:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[44:08] | You’re gonna pick Joanie up, | 你要去接琼妮 |
[44:10] | right, at Alison’s? | 对吗 在艾莉森家 |
[44:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[44:13] | Well, maybe you can talk to her, | 也许你可以和她谈谈 |
[44:16] | see what she thinks. | 看看她是怎么想的 |
[44:57] | Ma. | 妈 |
[45:00] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[45:03] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[45:11] | Well, look who it is– my wayward son. | 这不是我任性的儿子嘛 |
[45:19] | How’s my granddaughter? | 我孙女怎么样了 |
[45:20] | She’s good. | 她很好 |
[45:22] | She liked that thing you got her. | 她喜欢你给她的那个东西 |
[45:24] | What thing? | 什么东西 |
[45:25] | The stretchy thing that makes a noise. | 拉来拉去会响的那个东西 |
[45:28] | The accordion? | 手风琴吗 |
[45:29] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[45:39] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[45:41] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[45:42] | You only eat like that when something’s wrong. | 你只有在遇到问题的时候才会那样吃东西 |
[45:46] | Eat like what? | 哪样吃东西 |
[45:47] | Like someone’s going to take it away from you. | 就像有人要把吃的东西抢走似的 |
[45:49] | All due respect, Mom, I was raised with three brothers. | 恕我直言 妈妈 我可有三个兄弟呢 |
[45:51] | Somebody usually was going to take it away from me. | 确实经常有人把吃的抢走 |
[45:59] | How’s business? | 生意好吗 |
[46:00] | What? It’s fine. | 什么 挺好的 |
[46:04] | And Sheri? | 谢丽呢 |
[46:06] | She’s doing well. | 她很好 |
[46:11] | Do people laugh when they figure out | 大家知道这地方 |
[46:12] | that this place is called Sheri and Cherry’s Fish Farm? | 叫谢丽与雪莉的鱼场时会笑吗 |
[46:16] | No, you’re the first person to make that joke. | 不会 你是第一个开那种玩笑的人 |
[46:21] | Anyway, business is thriving. | 总之吧 生意蒸蒸日上 |
[46:24] | Sheri appreciates my operational experience, | 谢丽很欣赏我的操作经验 |
[46:27] | and I’m very happy to be helping an old friend. | 我也很开心能帮到一位老朋友 |
[46:34] | It’s very impressive. | 你们经营得非常好 |
[46:36] | Sorry I haven’t come out here sooner to see it. | 对不起我没能早一点过来看看 |
[46:38] | It’s only been for a few years. | 才几年而已 |
[46:40] | I know you’ve been very busy. | 我知道你一直都很忙 |
[46:42] | I just said I’m sorry, Mom. | 我刚才道过歉了 妈妈 |
[46:43] | What do you want, Cole? | 你想干什么 科尔 |
[46:45] | You only ever come around when there’s something wrong, | 你只有遇到问题的时候才会过来 |
[46:47] | so what is it this time? | 这次是什么事 |
[46:52] | I wanted to ask you some questions. | 我想问你几个问题 |
[46:54] | What about? | 哪方面的 |
[46:55] | About you and Dad. | 关于你和爸爸的 |
[46:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[47:00] | What about me and Dad? | 我和你爸爸怎么了 |
[47:03] | Were you happy together? | 你们在一起快乐吗 |
[47:05] | Yes. | 快乐 |
[47:06] | The whole time? | 至始至终都很快乐吗 |
[47:09] | Well, your father was a very unhappy man at the end of his life, Cole. | 你父亲临终前郁郁寡欢 科尔 |
[47:12] | Right, I know, so then how could you have been happy? | 我知道 这么说你们就不是一直都快乐 |
[47:15] | I loved him, so I took all of him. | 我爱他 所以我能接受他的一切 |
[47:18] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[47:20] | You just do. | 就是知道 |
[47:27] | Luisa doesn’t think that I love her. | 路易莎觉得我不爱她 |
[47:30] | Okay. Well, do you love her? | 好吧 你爱她吗 |
[47:33] | Of course I love her. | 我当然爱她 |
[47:34] | Well, then why doesn’t she know that? | 那么她为什么不知道呢 |
[47:35] | I don’t know. | 我怎么知道 |
[47:38] | She’s a woman. She’s crazy. | 她是个女人 她很古怪 |
[47:42] | She wants me to ask Alison | 她想让我去找艾莉森 |
[47:45] | to renounce her rights to being Joanie’s parent, | 叫她放弃做琼妮母亲的权利 |
[47:48] | with the idea that it’s gonna help her get her citizenship | 因为琼妮的主要看护者这个身份 |
[47:50] | if she’s Joanie’s primary caregiver. | 能帮助他拿到公民身份 |
[47:52] | Are you going to ask Alison to do that? | 你会去找艾莉森吗 |
[47:57] | Why not? | 为什么不去 |
[48:04] | Okay, then.Well, | 那好吧 |
[48:06] | there’s your answer. | 你已经有答案了 |
[48:13] | All right. | 好吧 |
[48:16] | Good talk. | 聊得很愉快 |
[48:20] | Why don’t you take yourself on a walkabout, Cole? | 来一次长途徒步旅行吧 科尔 |
[48:24] | Take myself on a what? | 去干嘛 |
[48:25] | I sent your father on one years ago. | 多年前我劝你爸爸去了一次 |
[48:27] | Did him a world of good. | 对他十分有益 |
[48:29] | You sent him on a what? | 你劝他去干嘛 |
[48:30] | – A walkabout. – I don’t know what that is, Mom. | -长途徒步旅行 -不明白那是啥 妈妈 |
[48:32] | You know, the thing they do in Australia. | 就是澳大利亚人会做的事情 |
[48:35] | You want me to go to Australia? | 你想让我去澳大利亚 |
[48:37] | You don’t have to go to Australia. | 你不必大老远跑去澳大利亚 |
[48:40] | Your father went to California. | 你爸爸去了加州 |
[48:42] | What? When? | 什么 什么时候去的 |
[48:44] | Before you were born. | 你出生之前 |
[48:46] | For how long? | 去了多久 |
[48:48] | About six months. | 大概六个月 |
[48:51] | Why? | 为什么 |
[48:52] | I asked him to. | 我让他去的 |
[48:54] | He seemed confused. | 他那时似乎很迷惘 |
[48:56] | I couldn’t help him, so… | 我帮不了他 所以… |
[48:59] | I sent him off to figure it out. | 我让他出去走走 把问题想明白 |
[49:01] | Dad just disappeared for six months? | 爸爸一走就是六个月 |
[49:04] | What did he do? | 他干了什么 |
[49:05] | I don’t know exactly. | 具体的我也不知道 |
[49:07] | I didn’t ask. | 我没问 |
[49:08] | That was part of our deal. | 我们约定好不问的 |
[49:10] | He left. | 他走了 |
[49:12] | Six months later, he came back | 六个月以后 他回来了 |
[49:14] | with a surfboard. | 带着一个冲浪板 |
[49:16] | He seemed a little lighter. | 他好像瘦了点 |
[49:18] | And you don’t know where he went? | 你不知道他去了哪吗 |
[49:19] | Well, I know he went to California, | 我知道他去了加州 |
[49:22] | to a town with a giant rock in the middle of the sea. | 大海中央有一块巨石的小镇 |
[49:27] | I have a postcard from him. | 他给我寄过一张明信片 |
[49:28] | I’ll find it for you. | 我会给你找出来 |
[49:34] | Hi, Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[49:40] | Come here, kiddo. | 过来 小鬼 |
[49:46] | Look at you. You look great. | 看你这一身 打扮的真漂亮 |
[49:47] | Thank you. | 多谢夸奖 |
[49:48] | Are you wearing heels? | 你穿着高跟鞋吗 |
[49:51] | It looks like it. | 没错 |
[49:53] | You’re going somewhere? | 你要出门吗 |
[49:54] | I have a date. | 我和人有约 |
[49:56] | Here’s Joanie’s stuff. | 琼妮的东西都在这儿 |
[49:58] | I, uh, packed a swimsuit because Luisa mentioned | 我 打包了泳衣 因为路易莎提到 |
[50:01] | she’s grown out of the one at your house. | 你家里的她已经穿不上了 |
[50:03] | And we made some cookies this morning, | 而且我们今早做了些饼干 |
[50:05] | so I put them in a container for you guys. | 所以我用盒子给你们装了些 |
[50:07] | Oh, you didn’t have to do that. | 你不用这么费心 |
[50:08] | No, it’s my pleasure. | 没事 小事一桩 |
[50:11] | Bye, lovebug. | 回见 小可爱 |
[50:13] | Not gonna see you all weekend. | 要整个周末看不到你了 |
[50:14] | – Bye, Mama. – Bye, baby. | -再见 妈妈 -再见 宝贝儿 |
[50:16] | All right. Off we go. | 好了 我们走吧 |
[50:18] | I’m gonna stop by next week with the paperwork | 我下周会把龙虾卷餐厅转让的 |
[50:20] | for the sale of the Lobster Roll, okay? | 书面文件带过来 你看行吗 |
[50:22] | Okay. Sounds good. | 好的 没问题 |
[50:23] | Oh, no, no, uh, wait. I want to ask, um… | 不 等等 我想问下… |
[50:27] | can you switch weekends in two weeks? | 下下周的周末能对调下时间吗 |
[50:32] | Yeah. Sure. Why? | 当然可以 怎么了 |
[50:34] | I have this PTSD conference | 有个创伤后应激障碍的会议 |
[50:35] | I want to go to in Milwaukee, | 我想去密尔沃基一趟 |
[50:38] | and I want to sign up before it gets too late. | 我想趁早报个名 |
[50:42] | Done. | 好了 |
[50:43] | Perfect. Thank you. | 好极了 谢谢 |
[50:45] | All right, off we go. | 好了 我们走吧 |
[50:46] | Have fun. | 玩的开心 |
[50:55] | Don’t I know you? | 我们见过面吧 |
[50:57] | Cole? | 科尔 |
[50:59] | This is my friend Ben. | 这是我的朋友 本 |
[51:03] | Nice to meet you, Cole. | 很高兴见到你 科尔 |
[51:07] | Come on, Daddy. | 走吧 爸爸 |
[51:22] | All righty. | 好了 |
[51:27] | Good? All right. | 坐好了吗 很好 |
[51:33] | Be right back, kiddo. | 我去去就来 小家伙 |
[51:43] | Listen. | 听我解释 |
[51:44] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样 |
[51:46] | I just… I’m sorry. | 我…我很抱歉 |
[51:47] | I didn’t want to make a scene in front of your daughter. | 我刚刚不想在你女儿面前吵起来 |
[51:50] | – Does she know you’re married? – No. | -她知道你已婚了吗 -不知道 |
[51:53] | – Of course not. – Look, I’m gonna tell her. | -不出所料 -听我说 我会告诉她的 |
[51:55] | Sure you are. Why don’t I tell her myself? | 鬼才信你 要不我来告诉她怎么样 |
[51:58] | My situation’s complicated, all right? | 我的情况一言难尽 |
[52:00] | My marriage is over. | 我的婚姻走到了尽头 |
[52:02] | It’s been over for years. | 好几年前就不复存在了 |
[52:03] | I tried to stick it out for the kids. | 我是为了孩子才没有离婚 |
[52:06] | Cole? | 科尔 |
[52:08] | Is everything okay? | 还有什么事吗 |
[52:11] | Yeah. | 有 |
[52:13] | Joanie forgot her goggles. | 琼妮忘带了她的护目镜 |
[52:15] | Sorry. One second. | 抱歉 等一下 |
[52:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[52:23] | Look, she’s the first person | 听着 她是我这十年来 |
[52:24] | I met in ten years that made me want to live. | 遇见的第一个让我有厮守终身想法的人 |
[52:26] | I’m gonna tell her the truth. | 我会对她坦诚相待的 |
[52:27] | Just give me a moment. | 给我点时间 |
[52:29] | Let me do it in the right way at the right time. | 我会找个合适的时机来告诉她 |
[52:34] | What are you guys talking about? | 你们两个在聊些什么 |
[52:35] | It turns out we do know each other. | 原来我们两个确实见过面 |
[52:37] | You do? | 是吗 |
[52:39] | Yeah. We met in an AA meeting. | 没错 我们在嗜酒者互诫会上见过 |
[52:42] | Yeah. | 对 |
[52:43] | Ben’s a big believer in the program. | 本觉得互诫会很管用 |
[52:45] | It saved his life. | 让他脱胎换骨 |
[52:47] | Hey, but why were you there? | 可是你去那里干什么 |
[52:51] | I was just helping out a friend. | 我在帮助一个朋友 |
[52:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[52:54] | You guys have a good weekend. | 祝你们周末愉快 |
[52:55] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[53:24] | 小雪莉 我想念你 太平洋既丑又吓人 我仍然有点迷失 不久再写信给你 爱你的加百列 | |
[53:39] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[53:41] | Packing. | 打包行李 |
[53:43] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[53:45] | I’m not sure. | 我还没想好 |
[53:46] | Luisa, stop. | 路易莎 住手 |
[53:48] | Please. | 求你了 |
[53:50] | Did you ask Alison? | 你问艾莉森了吗 |
[53:53] | We have been over this so many times. | 这种情况我们之前遇到过很多次了 |
[53:56] | Any immigration judge worth their salt | 任何称职的移民法官 |
[53:58] | is going to argue that you are legally | 都会说你在法律上是 |
[53:59] | – auxiliary to the functioning of this family. – Auxiliary? | -这个家庭得以运转的辅助者 -辅助者 |
[54:03] | I said “Legally.” | 我的重点是”合法” |
[54:06] | Where are you gonna go? | 你能去哪儿 |
[54:07] | I don’t know. To my mother’s. | 我不知道 去我妈家 |
[54:09] | Luisa, stop. Stop. | 路易莎 等等 等等 |
[54:10] | – Please, we can figure this out. – No. | -求你了 我们可以解决的 -不 |
[54:13] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[54:16] | And for years, I have been waiting for you to choose me. | 这么多年 我一直等着你会选我的那天 |
[54:20] | For you to figure out that I am… | 让你想明白和她相比… |
[54:22] | stronger and kinder | 我更坚强 和蔼 |
[54:23] | and more capable than she’ll ever be. | 并且比她更称职 |
[54:27] | And that I am the one worth fighting for. | 我才是你该珍惜的对象 |
[54:29] | But you don’t, and you won’t. | 可是你没有 你不会明白的 |
[54:44] | What if I left? | 我走怎么样 |
[54:47] | What? | 什么 |
[54:50] | What if I went on a… | 如果我离开… |
[54:53] | on a walkabout? | 去徒步旅行 |
[54:55] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[55:00] | I know I’m disappointing you. | 我知道我让你失望了 |
[55:03] | And I know I’m hurting you, and you… | 我知道 我伤害到了你 你… |
[55:08] | deserve better. | 值得被珍惜 |
[55:11] | So, what if I left? | 所以 不如我离开 |
[55:14] | Would you be willing to give me the time | 你愿意给我点时间 |
[55:16] | to just go away– | 让我出去走走 |
[55:18] | Yes. | 我愿意 |
[55:25] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[55:28] | Yes, I would. | 没错 我愿意 |
[55:30] | I don’t want this to end. | 我不想这样结束 |
[55:33] | I just need to know that I matter. | 我只想知道你是否在乎我 |