时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:23] | You look just like your father, Cole. | 你跟你父亲真像 科尔 |
[00:25] | Always tell me that, but I don’t see it. | 大家都这么说 但我不觉得 |
[00:27] | Your grandfather, Silas, was a terrible person, boys. | 你们的塞拉斯祖父是个坏人 孩子们 |
[00:30] | He was a drunk. He beat your dad. | 他是个酒鬼 还经常打你们老爸 |
[00:33] | Oh, so that’s what it was. | 所以是因为这个吗 |
[00:34] | Dad had a rough childhood? | 父亲有童年阴影 |
[00:36] | That’s what was wrong with him? | 所以他才会变成那样 |
[00:37] | Not the fact that he was a stumble-down drunk? | 不是因为他是个彻头彻尾的酒鬼 |
[00:40] | Dad just disappeared for six months? | 爸爸一走就是六个月 |
[00:42] | – What did he do? – He went to California. | -他干了什么 -他去了加州 |
[00:44] | To a town with a giant rock in the middle of the sea. | 大海中央有一块巨石的小镇 |
[00:48] | Six months later, he came back | 六个月以后 他回来了 |
[00:50] | with a surfboard. | 带着一个冲浪板 |
[00:51] | He seemed a little lighter. | 他好像瘦了点 |
[00:53] | I think you’re giving up | 我认为你放弃 |
[00:54] | because we’ve made a mess of everything. | 是因为我们把所有的事都搅得一团乱 |
[00:57] | If you leave Luisa now, | 如果你现在离开路易莎 |
[00:59] | you can’t play the good guy anymore. | 就不能再扮演好男人了 |
[01:01] | Then you’re an asshole, just like me. | 你会沦为一个混球 就和我一样 |
[01:04] | I know I’m disappointing you. | 我知道我让你失望了 |
[01:05] | And you deserve better. So, what if I left? | 你值得被珍惜 所以 不如我离开 |
[01:08] | Would you be willing to give me the time | 你愿意给我点时间 |
[01:09] | to just go away and– | 让我出去走走 |
[01:12] | Yes. | 我愿意 |
[01:13] | I don’t want this to end. | 我不想这样结束 |
[01:15] | I just need to know that I matter. | 我只想知道你是否在乎我 |
[01:18] | Do you think she even realizes | 你想她到底知不知道 |
[01:19] | these cans are hers, not ours? | 这些垃圾箱是她的 而不是我们的 |
[01:21] | No, I don’t. And she’s not going to | 我不认为 你要是继续帮她搬 |
[01:23] | if you keep moving ’em for her. | 她永远不会知道 |
[01:25] | I’m not getting treatment. | 我不会接受治疗 |
[01:26] | That just doesn’t make any sense. | 这根本没任何道理 |
[01:27] | I’m not gonna sit around and watch you die. | 我不要眼睁睁看你死 |
[01:30] | Believe it or not, Helen, | 不管你相不相信 海伦 |
[01:31] | you don’t get to make that choice. | 这事由不得你来做主 |
[01:33] | Vik is very sick, | 维克病得很重 |
[01:35] | and he won’t listen to me. He’s refusing treatment. | 可他不肯听我的话 他不愿意接受治疗 |
[01:37] | I asked you not to tell my parents, | 我求你别告诉我的父母 |
[01:40] | and what did you do? | 你是怎么做的 |
[01:41] | I had to. She’s your mother. | 我必须这样 她是你妈妈 |
[01:43] | I just… just please, can we please make a plan? | 我只是… 我们能制定一个计划吗 |
[01:47] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:47] | Let’s have a baby. | 我们要个小孩吧 |
[01:50] | How’s that for a plan? | 这个计划怎么样 |
[03:16] | You have to go. | 你得走了 |
[03:17] | I want to do it. | 我想要给你打 |
[03:18] | Yeah, but you have to go. | 但你得走了 |
[03:23] | Wait. Let me just wash my hands. | 等下 我先洗个手 |
[03:25] | – You’re gonna be late. – It’s okay. | -你要迟到了 -没事 |
[03:27] | I can do it. | 我可以来 |
[03:29] | Helen, it’ll take two minutes. | 海伦 这要两分钟 |
[03:30] | Yeah, I know, but I know | 我知道 但我知道 |
[03:31] | how stressed-out you get when you’re late. | 你要迟到时会有多紧张 |
[03:33] | Just… It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[03:36] | – You sure? – Yeah. | -你确定 -确定 |
[03:37] | I’ll just do my upper thigh. | 我在大腿上部打 |
[03:41] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -好吧 |
[03:43] | Hey, Vik. | 维克 |
[03:46] | Uh, have your… have your parents said anything? | 你爸妈说了什么没 |
[03:51] | At all? | 什么都没吗 |
[03:52] | About what? | 说什么 |
[03:57] | I’ll see you later today at Dr. Roper’s? | 一会在罗佩尔医生那见 |
[03:58] | – Yep. I’ll be there. – Okay. | -好 一会见 -好的 |
[04:14] | Come on, hurry up. I don’t want to be late. | 快点 我不想迟到 |
[04:17] | Mom left me your lunch, so I’ll get that for you | 妈妈把你的午餐给我了 我给你去拿 |
[04:19] | and then we got to go. | 然后我们就走 |
[04:21] | Bye, guys! | 再见 孩子们 |
[04:22] | – Have good days! – Bye, Vik! | -祝今天愉快 -再见 维克 |
[04:25] | Hey, give me back my notebook. | 把我的笔记本还给我 |
[04:49] | 第一话 维克 | |
[04:58] | I’m telling you, all the new immigrants from Lebanon, | 告诉你 所有黎巴嫩来的新移民 |
[05:01] | they have it so much easier than we did. | 比我们轻松得多 |
[05:04] | They go to the top right away. | 他们一下就混到顶层去了 |
[05:06] | Like that Amal Clooney. | 就像那个阿迈勒·克鲁尼 |
[05:09] | She’s not exactly a new immigrant, Dad. | 她算不上新移民 爸 |
[05:11] | Think she went to NYU. | 她好像是在纽约大学上的学 |
[05:15] | Does this really work? | 这个真的有用吗 |
[05:17] | Yeah. It can read your glucose values in real time. | 有用 这可以读取你的实时血糖值 |
[05:20] | Why do you have to change it every two weeks? | 为什么要每两周换一个 |
[05:21] | That’s so inconvenient. | 太不方便了 |
[05:23] | Or you could just go back | 不然你可以像以前一样 |
[05:24] | to pricking your finger once a day. | 每天扎一下手指头 |
[05:33] | Okay. You’re good. | 好了 血糖正常 |
[05:37] | I have this customer | 我有个顾客 |
[05:39] | who’s a doctor. | 他是个医生 |
[05:40] | Have I told you about him? | 我跟你说过他没 |
[05:42] | You have, but he’s not a doctor. | 说过 但他不是医生 |
[05:44] | He’s a physician’s assistant. | 他是个医师助理 |
[05:45] | Here, there is no difference. | 在这里 没什么区别 |
[05:48] | There is, in fact. | 其实是有区别的 |
[05:50] | He can write prescriptions. | 他能开处方 |
[05:52] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[05:52] | He says, in America, | 他说 在美国 |
[05:54] | there’s no art left to medicine. | 医学已经没有艺术感了 |
[05:56] | It’s basically just machines doing the diagnosing. | 只是机器在做诊断 |
[05:59] | In a few years, there will be no need for surgeons anymore. | 不出几年 就没有外科大夫的立足之地了 |
[06:03] | A robot will do your job. | 机器人会顶替你的位置 |
[06:05] | Things to think about. | 很值得思考 |
[06:10] | How’s the Prius working out? | 那辆普锐斯怎么样 |
[06:12] | It’s a good car, right? | 车不错吧 |
[06:16] | You don’t like it? | 你不喜欢 |
[06:17] | Yeah, sure, I like that it saves gas, | 还行 省油挺好 |
[06:19] | but sometimes I want something | 但我更喜欢 |
[06:21] | with a little bit more zip, you know. Power. | 带点儿刺激的 马力足点儿好 |
[06:23] | Especially here in L.A., you know. | 特别是在洛杉矶这里 |
[06:25] | The bastards, they cut me off all the time. | 那些混蛋 总超我的车 |
[06:27] | What can I do? | 我能做什么呢 |
[06:28] | I got this little putt-putt car. | 开着个老爷车 |
[06:31] | Yeah, what did you want, Dad? A Porsche? | 你要什么 老爸 保时捷吗 |
[06:34] | What’s with the tone? | 你这是什么态度 |
[06:35] | You asked, I told you. | 你问我 我就说了 |
[06:36] | – Why are you upset? – I’m not upset. | -你发什么脾气 -我没有 |
[06:38] | He’s not upset. You’re the one who sounds upset. | 他淡定的很 是你在发脾气 |
[06:40] | – I am not upset. – Why can’t you be more thankful to Vik | -我哪有 -你就不能多谢谢维克 |
[06:44] | for taking care of us? | 他这么照顾我们 |
[06:45] | Of course I am thankful. | 我怎么不感谢他 |
[06:46] | He knows that. | 他明白着呢 |
[06:48] | I’m just saying, maybe we should have better communication. | 我只是希望我们能够沟通地更顺畅 |
[06:53] | Look. | 我说 |
[06:57] | Speaking of communication, | 说到交流 |
[06:59] | there are a few details I want to go over. | 我的确想提几个小细节 |
[07:02] | First, um, about my life insurance. | 首先 我的人寿保险金 |
[07:06] | You should know, it’s about a million dollars, | 你们应该清楚是上百万的 |
[07:09] | and you guys are the beneficiaries. | 而你们正是受益人 |
[07:18] | I’ve kept my overhead pretty low | 我的日常开支一直不高 |
[07:20] | for most of my life. | 这辈子基本上都是 |
[07:22] | Until you met Helen. | 直到你遇见了海伦 |
[07:25] | So I’ve got decent savings, | 因此我有一笔可观的存款 |
[07:29] | all of which will go to you. | 全部都会交给你们 |
[07:34] | Um, also… | 还有 |
[07:37] | before I get too sick, | 在我病倒之前 |
[07:38] | I will make sure– | 我会确保 |
[07:41] | What– | 妈 你 |
[07:45] | Why do you have to be so cruel, Vikram? | 你怎么这么残忍 维克拉姆 |
[07:47] | – So heartless. – What? | -太无情了 -什么 |
[07:49] | We all heard what Helen said. | 我们都听到海伦说的了 |
[07:51] | Do you think we’re deaf? | 你以为我们都聋了吗 |
[07:53] | And now you have to go and rub it in our faces? | 明知如此却来戳我们的痛处 |
[08:11] | Listen, Ma. | 妈 你听着 |
[08:13] | Helen and I are… | 我和海伦 |
[08:16] | We’re working on having a baby. | 我们正努力造人 |
[08:20] | A grandchild. | 你的孙辈 |
[08:23] | For you and Baba. | 你和爸爸的 |
[08:28] | Helen is too old to have a baby. | 海伦在这年纪已经生不了孩子了 |
[08:31] | No, actually, | 不是的 |
[08:32] | there are a lot of new treatments now. | 现在有很多新的治疗方法 |
[08:35] | Women are having children well into their 50s. | 很多上了五十的女人都能有孩子 |
[08:38] | And we’ve been seeing a fertility doctor for weeks. | 我们看不孕不育科医生已经有几周了 |
[09:10] | How is she? | 她怎么样 |
[09:11] | Is everything okay? | 一切都好吧 |
[09:12] | The surgery went very smoothly. | 手术进行的很成功 |
[09:14] | Now, Jenny’s recovering. | 珍妮现在正在恢复 |
[09:15] | You should be able to see her in about an hour. | 一小时后你们就能进去看她 |
[09:18] | – Thank God. – Thank you. | -感谢上帝 -谢谢你 |
[09:20] | Let’s sit, talk about next steps. | 坐 我们来讨论接下来的步骤 |
[09:29] | Now, I did find tumors, | 我的确发现了肿瘤 |
[09:31] | which we are sending away for tests. | 已经拿去检查了 |
[09:33] | Wait. What does that mean? | 等等 这是什么意思 |
[09:35] | You-you said everything went well. | 你说手术很顺利 |
[09:36] | Well, until we get the results back, | 除非我们拿到检查结果 |
[09:38] | there’s no way of knowing | 现在还不能下定论 |
[09:39] | whether they’re malignant or benign. | 不清楚是恶性还是良性的 |
[09:42] | M-Malignant meaning what? | 恶 恶性说明什么 |
[09:44] | Malignant meaning cancer? | 恶性的就是癌症吗 |
[09:45] | We really don’t know. | 我们真的无法作出判断 |
[09:48] | But I’m going to be honest with you. | 但我还是挑明了说 |
[09:50] | Jenny could have liver cancer. | 珍妮可能患了肝癌 |
[09:52] | Now, I stress “Could,” | 我强调一下 是可能 |
[09:53] | because there’s– | 因为有 |
[09:54] | No! | 不 |
[09:57] | Even if the tests confirm malignancy, | 就算检查结果表明是恶性的 |
[10:00] | there are lots of good options. | 我们还是有一些积极的选择 |
[10:02] | – No, no, no! – Dr. Mattu in pediatric oncology | -不不不 -小儿肿瘤科的马图医生 |
[10:05] | is probably the best in the country. | 也许是全国最优秀的 |
[10:06] | – Honey. – No! | -亲爱的 -不 |
[10:07] | We’ll set you up with a consultation immediately, | 我们将马上给你们安排会诊 |
[10:09] | just in case, so you understand the options. | 以防万一 好让你们有些选择 |
[10:13] | If this is worst-case scenario, | 如果最坏的情况真的发生了 |
[10:17] | these cancers– | 这些癌症 |
[10:17] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[10:21] | – No, no. – Honey… | -不 不 -亲爱的 |
[10:24] | – Please! – These cancers… | -请不要说了 -这些癌症 |
[10:27] | can be very specifically targeted nowadays. | 我们现在可以非常有针对性地治疗 |
[10:32] | It’s not fair! | 这不公平 |
[10:34] | She’s just a little girl! | 她还只是个小姑娘 |
[10:36] | Honey, the doctor’s saying they don’t know yet. | 宝贝 医生说他们还没有明确结论 |
[10:40] | Mr. Rodriguez, | 罗德里格斯先生 |
[10:44] | our social worker, he is on the premises. | 我们的社工 他现在就在这里 |
[10:49] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[10:52] | No, no! | 不 不 |
[10:56] | No! | 不要啊 |
[10:58] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[10:59] | No! Please! | 不 请别这样 |
[11:18] | Have you been keeping up on the injections? | 你们有坚持注射吗 |
[11:21] | Yes, I have. | 是的 |
[11:22] | Hopefully, this will all be worth it. | 希望这一切努力都是值得的 |
[11:26] | Let’s take a look at those follicles. | 我们先来看看这些卵泡 |
[11:34] | Success? | 成功了吗 |
[11:38] | Why don’t you get dressed, | 不如你先穿上衣服 |
[11:38] | and we’ll meet in my office | 我们一会儿办公室见 |
[11:40] | and discuss next steps. | 再讨论下一步方案 |
[12:10] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[12:11] | Please, don’t apologize. | 请别道歉 |
[12:15] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[12:16] | Actually, it is. | 怎么不是 |
[12:18] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[12:20] | – Because of your age? – No. | -因为你的年龄吗 -不是的 |
[12:25] | I haven’t been doing the shots. | 我没有注射那些 |
[12:29] | What do you mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[12:30] | What I just said. | 就是我说的意思 |
[12:32] | You haven’t been injecting yourself? | 你一直没有注射吗 |
[12:33] | No. Not all the time. | 不 没有那么多次 |
[12:35] | Not as much as I’m supposed to be. | 没有照他说的次数来 |
[12:37] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[12:39] | This is costing us 11 grand. | 这次治疗花了我们一万一千美元 |
[12:41] | I-I know. | 我 我知道 |
[12:42] | I don’t understand. | 我不理解 |
[12:43] | Well, I can’t do it alone. | 生孩子不是我一个人的事 |
[12:44] | You’re not doing it alone. | 你不是一个人啊 |
[12:45] | I’m right here. | 我这不来了吗 |
[12:46] | I left work to be here. | 我没去上班来了这儿 |
[12:48] | That’s not what I mean. | 我不是这个意思 |
[12:49] | Vik, a child is a lot of work. | 维克 要一个孩子很难 |
[12:53] | I want to give you what you want– | 我想给你你要的 |
[12:55] | I really do– but I can’t | 真的 但我不能 |
[12:56] | go through that again if you’re not gonna be here. | 在你不在的时候一个人再经历这些 |
[12:59] | You fucking lied to me. | 你他妈跟我撒谎了 |
[13:01] | I know. I’m sorry. | 我知道 我很抱歉 |
[13:03] | I told my parents we were having a baby. | 我都跟我爸妈说我们要有孩子了 |
[13:05] | I don’t know what to do about your parents. | 我可不知道要怎么应付你的爸妈 |
[13:06] | What is wrong with you?! | 你他妈怎么回事 |
[13:07] | If you want me to have your baby, | 如果你想让我怀上你的孩子 |
[13:08] | you have to at least try to be here with me while I do it. | 你至少得尽量到场吧 |
[13:12] | Every single day, | 每一天过去 |
[13:13] | your odds of beating this thing get less and less. | 你战胜癌症的几率都在减少 |
[13:16] | We cannot waste any more time. | 我们耗不起了 |
[13:17] | We have to make some choices. | 你得做出选择 |
[13:25] | I gotta get back to work. | 我要回去工作了 |
[13:26] | – No, you don’t. – Yes, I do. | -你别走 -我走了 |
[13:37] | How is she? Is everything okay? | 她怎么样 一切都好吗 |
[13:39] | Well, I can’t do it alone. | 生孩子不是我一个人的事 |
[13:40] | Afternoon, Dr. Ullah. Busy day? | 下午好 乌拉医生 今天很忙吧 |
[13:42] | They all are. | 大家都忙啊 |
[13:46] | Helen is too old to have a baby. | 海伦年纪太大 要不了孩子 |
[13:48] | I haven’t been doing the shots. | 我没有注射那些 |
[13:49] | Why do you have to be so cruel, Vikram? | 你怎么这么残忍 维克拉姆 |
[13:50] | – Success? – So heartless. | -成功了吗 -太无情了 |
[13:52] | We cannot waste any more time. | 我们耗不起了 |
[13:53] | You have to at least try to be here with me while I do it. | 你至少得尽量到场吧 |
[13:55] | – Have your parents said anything? – Dr. Ullah. | -你父母说了什么 -乌拉医生 |
[13:58] | Everything okay? | 你还好吗 |
[13:59] | She’s just a little girl! | 她还只是个小姑娘 |
[14:01] | Yeah, uh… | 啊 是的 |
[14:06] | I’m such an idiot. | 我真是个蠢蛋 |
[14:07] | I forgot, I have a meeting downtown. | 我给忘了在市中心还有个会议 |
[14:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:10] | Drive safely. | 祝您行车安全 |
[14:45] | How much is that Porsche? | 那辆保时捷多少钱 |
[14:49] | It’s the 911 Turbo S Cabriolet. | 这是911涡轮S型敞篷车 |
[14:52] | 580 horsepower, zero to 60 in 2.8 seconds, | 580马力 上到60迈只需2.8秒 |
[14:56] | and a 3.8-liter engine with very little turbo lag. | 3.8升的引擎 涡轮延时极小 |
[15:01] | So, how much? | 所以多少钱 |
[15:03] | 205 k. | 二十万五千美元 |
[15:09] | You take American Express? | 支持美国运通卡支付吗 |
[15:13] | Do you want to take it for a test drive, sir? | 您需要试驾吗 先生 |
[15:16] | Nah. | 不用了 |
[15:20] | I just like it. | 我就是喜欢 |
[16:07] | Vik? | 维克 |
[16:11] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛呢 |
[16:13] | Hey, Sierra. | 你好 谢拉 |
[16:15] | Actually, I don’t know if you’ve noticed this, | 说真的 我不知道你注意到没有 |
[16:18] | but, uh, most Fridays, I end up moving your trash cans | 大多数周五我都会把你的垃圾桶 |
[16:22] | back up into your driveway because you somehow | 移回你的车道 因为你好像 |
[16:24] | don’t get around to doing it before I– | 每次都不会自己来 而我 |
[16:26] | Oh, my God. Is that your car? | 我的天 那是你的车吗 |
[16:30] | Yeah. I just got it. | 对 刚买的 |
[16:34] | You know, if you ever want to see what it can really do, | 如果你想瞧瞧这车的真本事 |
[16:37] | I know the best road in Malibu. | 我知道马里布最棒的公路 |
[16:44] | How about now? | 现在就去如何 |
[17:06] | Apparently, this road is haunted. | 显然 这条路闹鬼 |
[17:09] | No way. | 开什么玩笑 |
[17:10] | Yeah. | 就是的 |
[17:11] | The Indians considered it forbidden ground. | 印第安人认为这里是禁地 |
[17:13] | They wouldn’t set foot here. | 他们不会涉足 |
[17:14] | And then, during the Great Depression, | 在大萧条的时候 |
[17:16] | there were these cultists who lived here, | 这里还住着几个邪教徒 |
[17:18] | and they were known for wearing black robes and hoods, | 他们以穿黑袍和头巾著名 |
[17:20] | and they would tie young boys | 他们还会把年轻小伙子绑到 |
[17:22] | to crosses and beat them to death. | 十字架上 然后打死 |
[17:24] | That’s all? | 就这样 |
[17:25] | And then, years later, | 几年之后 |
[17:26] | there was an insane asylum, like, right here. | 这里还有一个疯人院 好像就在这 |
[17:29] | – Come on. – It’s true. | -拜托 -是真的 |
[17:37] | I have a question for you. | 我有个问题想问你 |
[17:38] | Okay. | 行啊 |
[17:40] | I need the advice of a grown man. | 我需要一个成熟男人的建议 |
[17:42] | Shoot. | 说吧 |
[17:43] | Okay, so… | 是这样的 |
[17:46] | I’ve been hooking up with this guy. | 我最近在跟一个男生约会 |
[17:48] | It’s casual. | 也没当回事儿 |
[17:48] | He’s my age. | 他跟我差不多大 |
[17:51] | He’s good-looking enough. | 人长得很帅 |
[17:52] | He’s a model, actually. | 是个模特 其实 |
[17:55] | But he’s so immature. | 但他太不成熟了 |
[17:57] | And he sucks in bed. | 床技也很逊 |
[18:00] | I mean, his dick doesn’t even get completely hard, | 他的丁丁都不能完全硬起来 |
[18:03] | and then he just finishes so quickly, | 然后他结束的也快 |
[18:04] | I don’t even get a chance to come. | 我根本没有高潮的机会 |
[18:07] | And I love to come. | 我喜欢高潮的感觉 |
[18:11] | So you want me to recommend a urologist? | 所以你想让我推荐个泌尿科医生吗 |
[18:13] | I just want to know what’s wrong with guys my age. | 我只想知道我这个年龄的男人们都怎么了 |
[18:15] | I mean, how… how old were you when you learned how to fuck? | 你多大的时候学会的那种事 |
[18:19] | I mean, like… | 我是说… |
[18:21] | like, really fuck. | 真正和一个女上床 |
[18:25] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[18:28] | Let’s see how fast this car can really go. | 看看这辆车究竟能跑多块 |
[18:30] | I want to get home, and I want to drink. | 我想回家 我想喝一杯 |
[18:33] | You want to drink? | 你想喝酒吗 |
[18:47] | What seems to be the problem, Officer? | 有什么问题吗 警官 |
[18:49] | House burning down? | 房子着火了吗 |
[18:50] | Friend here in labor? | 这位朋友要生孩子了吗 |
[18:54] | No, Officer. | 没有 警官 |
[18:56] | Okay, then you want to explain | 好吧 那么你们要不要解释一下 |
[18:57] | what the fuck was going on back there? | 刚才到底是怎么回事 |
[18:59] | Yeah, we were just having a good time. | 我们玩得很高兴 |
[19:01] | Got a little out of control. | 有点失控了 |
[19:03] | Okay, well, your good time almost got you killed today. | 好吧 你们的欢乐时光差点害死你们 |
[19:07] | Oh, you think that’s funny. | 你觉得这很好笑 |
[19:08] | No. No, it’s just, um… | 不 不 只不过… |
[19:13] | I have stage four cancer, so I’ll be dead soon anyway. | 我的癌症四期了 反正我就快死了 |
[19:17] | That’s not the first time I’ve heard that, buddy. | 你这话我可不是第一次听了 老兄 |
[19:20] | So write me a ticket, then. | 那就给我开罚单吧 |
[19:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:32] | Uh, sorry about the mess. | 抱歉家里有点乱 |
[19:36] | I live with kids. | 我和孩子们一起住 |
[19:38] | This is pristine. | 你这里很整洁 |
[19:45] | Is it your birthday? | 今天是你生日吗 |
[19:48] | Uh, yeah, a couple days ago. | 我的生日是几天之前 |
[19:51] | – Well, happy birthday. – Yeah. | -生日快乐 -好 |
[19:53] | Twenty-nine, no kids, not married, no career. | 29岁了 没有孩子 没结婚 没工作 |
[19:57] | Just… really killing it. | 真是…好极了 |
[20:00] | Looks like you had a party. | 你好像开了个派对 |
[20:01] | Uh, no. | 没有 |
[20:02] | This is all from my mom. | 这都是我妈妈送来的 |
[20:05] | She’s on a shoot in Zanzibar. | 她正在桑给巴尔岛拍摄 |
[20:08] | Further away she gets, the more shit she sends. | 她走得越远 寄来的东西越多 |
[20:11] | At least it’s nice shit. | 至少这是好东西 |
[20:13] | Uh, that… that is swag, actually. | 那个其实是个赠品 |
[20:16] | “From your friends at Sony. | “来自你在索尼的朋友 |
[20:18] | Happy wrap.” | 杀青快乐” |
[20:33] | So, how long have you known you’re sick? | 你知道自己病了有多久了 |
[20:40] | A few weeks. | 几周了 |
[20:41] | What kind of cancer? | 哪种癌症 |
[20:44] | Pancreatic. | 胰腺癌 |
[20:47] | That’s a bad one, isn’t it? | 一种很糟糕癌症 是吧 |
[20:50] | You want to sit down? | 来坐坐吧 |
[20:56] | You, um… you look good. | 你看起来很好 |
[21:00] | Don’t people who have cancer | 患癌症的人 |
[21:02] | usually lose their hair from the chemo? | 不是经常因为化疗而脱发吗 |
[21:06] | I’m not getting chemo. | 我没做化疗 |
[21:09] | Why not? | 为什么呢 |
[21:10] | It’s not going to work. | 不会管用的 |
[21:13] | And it’ll make the time I have left a total nightmare. | 而且会把我剩下的时日变成彻底的噩梦 |
[21:16] | Drink. | 喝吧 |
[21:26] | I’m gonna open another bottle. | 我要再开一瓶 |
[21:30] | Where are you from, Vik? | 你打哪来 维克 |
[21:32] | I’m from here. | 我就是这里的人 |
[21:34] | My dad’s from Lebanon, | 我爸爸是黎巴嫩人 |
[21:36] | and my mom’s from Mumbai. | 我妈妈从孟买来 |
[21:40] | Do they know? | 他们知道吗 |
[21:43] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[21:45] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[21:46] | I told them, | 我和他们说过 |
[21:48] | but… | 可是… |
[21:51] | they won’t hear that I’m sick. | 他们不想听我生病的消息 |
[21:54] | Like, literally. | 就是不想听 |
[21:57] | They seem unable to process it. | 他们好像没办法接受 |
[22:00] | And today, I heard myself | 可是今天 我亲口 |
[22:01] | promising them that Helen was going to have my baby. | 向他们保证海伦要为我生孩子 |
[22:06] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[22:07] | For them. | 为了他们 |
[22:09] | Not for me. | 不是为我自己 |
[22:11] | Not for her. | 也不是为她 |
[22:14] | For them. | 是为了他们 |
[22:17] | So I don’t fail them completely. | 这样我就不会彻底让他们失望 |
[22:28] | You know, I think… | 我想… |
[22:33] | I think, when you have immigrant parents, | 如果父母是移民的话 |
[22:37] | you end up being responsible for them. | 你最终要对他们负责 |
[22:41] | Like, you’re the parent. | 就好像你才是家长 |
[22:44] | Yeah, I know that feeling. | 我懂那种感觉 |
[22:47] | I was the perfect immigrant son. | 我是完美的移民儿子 |
[22:51] | But I made a deal with myself… | 但我和自己做了个交易 |
[22:53] | long time ago. | 很久以前 |
[22:57] | I said, okay, I will become a doctor | 我说 好吧 我会成为医生 |
[23:00] | because that’s what they want. | 因为这是他们想要的 |
[23:03] | And I will support them, | 而且我会供养他们 |
[23:06] | and I will make them proud. | 我会让他们骄傲 |
[23:09] | I’ll even move back to L.A. | 我甚至会搬回洛杉矶 |
[23:10] | so I can take care of them when they’re old, | 这样他们老了以后我就能照顾他们 |
[23:12] | but I will not marry for them. | 不过我不会为了他们结婚 |
[23:17] | And I will not have children for them. | 我也不会为了他们生孩子 |
[23:20] | I will do all that stuff on my time. | 这些事情要由我自己来决定 |
[23:25] | Not theirs. | 而不是他们 |
[23:27] | And then I met this woman. | 后来我遇到了这个女人 |
[23:31] | And she already had kids, and… | 她已经有孩子了 然后… |
[23:35] | I think there was a part of me that… | 我想一部分的我… |
[23:39] | liked that, you know? | 很喜欢这一点 你知道吗 |
[23:42] | Because I knew it was gonna drive them fucking crazy. | 因为我知道这会逼疯他们 |
[23:50] | Everything… | 一切事情… |
[23:55] | Everything I’ve done | 我所做的一切 |
[23:59] | has either been for | 都是为了他们 |
[24:02] | or in reaction to them. | 或是应他们的要求 |
[24:08] | I’m 45 years old. | 我45岁了 |
[24:13] | I’m at the top of my profession. | 我是我职业中的佼佼者 |
[24:18] | I’m going to die. | 我就快要死了 |
[24:23] | And I haven’t really made a single choice for myself. | 而我从没为我自己做过任何选择 |
[25:06] | Guess what my mother’s favorite thing about me is. | 猜猜我母亲最喜欢我什么 |
[25:12] | What? | 什么 |
[25:13] | My skin. | 我的皮肤 |
[25:18] | Your skin? | 你的皮肤吗 |
[25:19] | Yeah, my skin. | 对 我的皮肤 |
[25:21] | She’s obsessed with it. | 她为之着迷 |
[25:23] | Whenever I see her, she’s always | 每次见到她 她总是 |
[25:26] | touching it or pinching it. | 摸我或者掐我 |
[25:32] | She will never forgive me for being younger than she is. | 她绝不能容忍我比她年轻 |
[27:58] | 第二话 科尔 | |
[29:19] | Help you? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[29:20] | Yeah, maybe. | 嗯 也许吧 |
[29:22] | I mean, it’s probably a lost cause, | 这可能是徒劳 |
[29:24] | but I’m trying to figure out who made this board, | 但我想试着查出这块冲浪板是谁做的 |
[29:25] | and I think it came from around here in Morro Bay. | 应该是莫罗湾附近的人 |
[29:29] | – You mind? – Nope. Go ahead. | -我可以看看吗 -当然可以 |
[29:34] | It’s beautiful. | 是块好板 |
[29:35] | Thank you. It’s my father’s. | 谢谢 它是我父亲的 |
[29:38] | Hey, Joe. | 乔 |
[29:40] | You come take a look at this? | 你来看看这板吧 |
[29:44] | – Hey. I’m Cole. – Joey. | -你好 我是科尔 -我是乔伊 |
[29:46] | Nice to meet you, Joey. | 很高兴认识你 乔伊 |
[29:48] | Let me see this. | 让我看看 |
[29:52] | Well, this is original, huh? | 这块板真特别 |
[29:56] | We see a, uh, lot of wooden kit boards, | 我们见过很多木质的冲浪板 |
[29:58] | but not many like this. | 但没见过这样的 |
[30:00] | You, uh… you selling? | 你… 你要卖吗 |
[30:02] | No, no. Just trying to figure out who made it. | 不 不 就是想搞清楚这是谁做的 |
[30:04] | From around here? | 是这附近的人吗 |
[30:06] | Well, could be anybody. | 有可能是任何人 |
[30:07] | Definitely 1970s, though. | 但显然是七十年代的 |
[30:09] | You got the classic nose and the swallow tail, | 它有很传统的头和燕尾 |
[30:11] | a single fin, uh… | 还有一个尾翼 |
[30:13] | heavy varnish. | 涂着很厚重的漆 |
[30:15] | Not too many surf shops back then. | 以前没有很多冲浪用品店 |
[30:16] | Just a bunch of individual shapers | 只有一些在车库 |
[30:18] | working out of garages, but… | 自己捣鼓的工匠 但… |
[30:20] | whoever made it had a good touch. | 做这块板的人手艺一定很好 |
[30:25] | I recognize this. | 我认得这个标志 |
[30:26] | It’s not from a surf shop, though. It’s a, um… | 它不是来自冲浪用品店 它是… |
[30:28] | this art gallery a couple blocks over. | 它来自几个街区外的一个艺术廊 |
[30:31] | – Well, good luck. – Thank you. | -祝你好运 -谢谢你 |
[30:33] | Let me know what you come up with. | 你查到告诉我一声 |
[30:34] | Will do. | 好的 |
[31:24] | Hello. Can I help you? | 你好 有什么事吗 |
[31:30] | Gabriel. | 加百列 |
[31:31] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[31:36] | I’m… I’m so sorry. | 我… 我很抱歉 |
[31:38] | You just… | 你… |
[31:39] | You just look so much like someone I used to know. | 你长得很像一个我认识的人 |
[31:43] | Gabriel Lockhart. | 加百列·洛克哈特吗 |
[31:45] | Yes. | 没错 |
[31:47] | I’m sorry. I… | 不好意思 我… |
[31:48] | I’m his son. | 我是他的儿子 |
[31:50] | My name is Cole. | 我叫科尔 |
[31:56] | this is unexpected. | 真是意想不到 |
[31:58] | Nice to meet you, Cole. | 很高兴见到你 科尔 |
[32:01] | Uh, I’m Nan. | 我叫南 |
[32:03] | – Is this your gallery? – It is. | -这是你的艺术廊吗 -是的 |
[32:06] | Maybe you can help me with something. | 也许你能帮我的忙 |
[32:07] | This is my father’s board, | 这是我父亲的冲浪板 |
[32:09] | and it has the same symbol on it. | 它上面有个跟艺术廊一模一样的标志 |
[32:12] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[32:15] | May I? | 我能看看吗 |
[32:17] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[32:21] | Look at this. | 看看这板 |
[32:24] | Does it still float? | 它还能用吗 |
[32:26] | Perfectly. | 还很好用 |
[32:28] | I had no idea what I was doing. | 我不知道我干了什么 |
[32:30] | I was so young. | 我当时很年轻 |
[32:32] | You made this board? | 这板是你做的吗 |
[32:35] | I did. | 是我做的 |
[32:37] | You’re a shaper? | 你是个工匠吗 |
[32:39] | Not exactly. | 不算是 |
[32:40] | This was the only surfboard I ever carved. | 这是我做的唯一一块冲浪板 |
[32:46] | So… | 那么… |
[32:47] | what brings you to Morro Bay, Cole? | 你来莫罗湾干什么 科尔 |
[32:50] | I’m not sure exactly. | 我也不太确定 |
[32:52] | From…? | 你从哪里来 |
[32:53] | – Montauk. – Montauk. | -蒙托克 -蒙托克 |
[32:57] | Amazing. | 真棒 |
[33:00] | Hi there. | 你们好 |
[33:01] | Uh, I’ll just be a sec. | 我马上就来 |
[33:05] | Um, how long are you in town? | 你会在这里待多久 |
[33:11] | I don’t know, really. | 我不知道 |
[33:13] | I mean, I just got here, so… | 我刚来 所以… |
[33:15] | Why don’t you come by tonight? | 不如你今晚再来吧 |
[33:17] | I host a weekly salon. | 我每周都举办一个展览 |
[33:21] | If you’re anything like your father, | 你如果像你父亲 |
[33:23] | I think you’d like it. | 应该会喜欢的 |
[33:28] | Sure. | 好的 |
[33:45] | I’m so glad you found me, Cole. | 我很高兴你来找我 科尔 |
[33:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[33:57] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:59] | This piece over here is the one you had your eye on? | 你看中了这件作品吗 |
[34:09] | If these pellets are just compressed protein, | 如果这些颗粒只是压缩的蛋白质 |
[34:14] | why deplete the ocean for them? | 为什么要为此浪费海洋资源呢 |
[34:18] | Now, as an entrepreneur, John… | 作为一个创业者 约翰 |
[34:21] | This is over my head. | 我能力有限 |
[34:23] | No, it is not. | 不 你可以 |
[34:25] | Sit up and listen. | 站起来听 |
[34:28] | Oh, look. There he is. | 看 他来了 |
[34:30] | Everyone, here stands a gift from the past. | 各位 这里有位来自过去的礼物 |
[34:34] | The son of a man I used to know. | 我一位老朋友的儿子 |
[34:37] | You know, they say | 他们说 |
[34:38] | time moves in a straight line, | 时间是笔直向前的 |
[34:40] | but really, it moves in circles. | 但实际上 它是绕着圈走的 |
[34:43] | I’m so glad you made it. | 很高兴你能来 |
[34:47] | Thanks for the invite. | 谢谢你的邀请 |
[34:48] | Yep. Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:50] | Very nice. | 很漂亮 |
[34:51] | Nice place you got here. | 这地方真不错 |
[34:54] | It absorbs people. | 这里广聚人才 |
[34:55] | That’s what I love about it. | 也是我爱这里的原因 |
[35:07] | That’s my protégé, Delphine. | 那是我的徒弟 德尔菲娜 |
[35:10] | Isn’t she beautiful? | 她是不是很美 |
[35:14] | I’m married. | 我已婚了 |
[35:16] | So, being married prevents you | 所以婚姻会阻止你 |
[35:18] | from forming an opinion about a beautiful woman? | 评价一位美女吗 |
[35:22] | No, not at all. | 不 完全不会 |
[35:26] | Here. | 这里 |
[35:28] | Hey, what are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[35:29] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[35:31] | Poor guy. You’re all bound up. | 可怜的家伙 你被束缚住了 |
[35:35] | Take a breath. | 深呼吸 |
[35:37] | A deep one. | 深深地吸气 |
[35:40] | Go ahead. It’s not gonna kill you. | 来吧 又不会要你命 |
[35:47] | And let it out slowly. | 慢慢地呼出来 |
[35:56] | Better? | 好点了吗 |
[36:02] | What was your relationship to my father? | 你和我爸是什么关系 |
[36:06] | We were lovers. | 我们曾是情人 |
[36:11] | For how long? | 多久 |
[36:13] | Oh, a few months. | 几个月 |
[36:15] | It was the late ’70s. | 那是在七十年代末 |
[36:17] | Everyone loved someone. | 每个人都情愫暗涌 |
[36:19] | That summer, I loved your father. | 那个夏天 我喜欢上你父亲 |
[36:23] | And then? | 然后呢 |
[36:24] | Nothing. | 没有了 |
[36:26] | He went home. | 他回家了 |
[36:27] | I met someone else. Life moved on. | 我遇到了其他人 生活继续 |
[36:30] | What about the surfboard? | 冲浪板是怎么回事 |
[36:33] | You know what Freud said. | 正如弗洛伊德所说 |
[36:36] | Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. | 有时雪茄就是雪茄而已 别无他意 |
[36:40] | Delphine. | 德尔菲娜 |
[36:41] | This is Cole. | 这是科尔 |
[36:43] | Cole, this is Delphine. | 科尔 这是德尔菲娜 |
[36:46] | Hi, Cole. | 你好 科尔 |
[36:50] | Want some? | 来一口吗 |
[36:54] | Sure. | 好的 |
[37:01] | Oh, shit. | 老天 |
[37:18] | So… | 所以 |
[37:20] | So? | 什么 |
[37:22] | You want to tell me about it? | 你想和我聊聊吗 |
[37:26] | Tell you about what? | 聊什么 |
[37:28] | No one drives all the way across the country | 没人会驱车横跨整个国家 |
[37:30] | just to see about a surfboard. | 只为调查冲浪板 |
[37:36] | What’s going on in your marriage? | 你的婚姻里发生什么事儿了 |
[37:39] | Luisa and I are working through some things. | 路易莎和我在解决一些问题 |
[37:41] | Your father was also | 你父亲当年来这里时也一样 |
[37:43] | going through a hard time in his marriage when he got here. | 婚姻正经历一些问题 |
[37:47] | How long was he here for? | 他在这呆了多久 |
[37:49] | Not long. | 不长 |
[37:51] | Four or five months. | 四五个月 |
[37:54] | And the two of you were together? | 那你们就在一起了吗 |
[37:56] | For a while, yes. | 是的 一段时间 |
[38:02] | I never really thought he got out of Montauk much. | 我从没想过他会经常离开蒙托克 |
[38:06] | Oh, no, he traveled quite a bit. | 不 他经常出去旅行 |
[38:08] | I think. | 我认为如此 |
[38:10] | Or he wanted to. | 或者他想出去 |
[38:12] | I can’t remember. I just remember a… | 我记不清了 我只记得 |
[38:16] | great, big, adventurous soul. | 一个伟大的极具冒险精神的灵魂 |
[38:21] | I wouldn’t describe him as adventurous. | 我觉得他不怎么喜欢冒险 |
[38:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:25] | How would you describe him? | 那你觉得他是什么样的人 |
[38:29] | Drunk. | 醉鬼 |
[38:31] | Abusive. | 有暴力倾向 |
[38:34] | Emotionally absent. | 感情缺失 |
[38:37] | Chronically depressed. | 长期抑郁 |
[38:42] | Doesn’t sound like the Gabriel I knew at all. | 听起来完全不像我认识的加百列 |
[38:51] | How is your mother? | 你母亲怎样 |
[38:53] | Cherry is fine. | 雪莉还行 |
[38:55] | Cherry’s good, actually. | 事实上 雪莉很好 |
[38:59] | Are they still together? | 他们还在一起吗 |
[39:02] | No, he’s dead, Nan. | 不 他已经去世了 南 |
[39:07] | What? | 什么 |
[39:09] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[39:12] | I’m sorry. I figured you would’ve known that. | 抱歉 原来你还不知道 |
[39:16] | When? | 什么时候的事 |
[39:18] | Years ago. | 很多年前了 |
[39:19] | I was a little boy. | 我还是个小男孩 |
[39:23] | Oh, my God. | 我的上帝 |
[39:27] | Wow, Gabriel. | 加百列 |
[39:40] | I… | 我… |
[39:42] | I need some air, love. Um… | 我需要透透气 亲爱的 |
[39:44] | when you’re ready to go to bed, | 如果你想睡了 |
[39:47] | Delphine will show you to your room. | 德尔菲娜会带你去你的房间 |
[39:56] | You an artist, too? | 你也是个艺术家吗 |
[39:59] | I paint. | 我会画画 |
[40:02] | Where you from? | 你来自哪里 |
[40:04] | Idaho. | 爱达荷州 |
[40:06] | Idaho? | 爱达荷州 |
[40:08] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[40:12] | How long you been out here? | 你在这多久了 |
[40:14] | I met Nan at a trade show | 我跟南在贸易展览上认识的 |
[40:17] | maybe… five years ago? | 差不多是五年前的事了 |
[40:19] | And followed her to California to study. | 然后跟随她到加州来学习 |
[40:22] | She lets me stay for free as long as I help out a bit. | 只要我能帮点忙 她就让我一直免费住 |
[40:30] | It gets bright in here in the mornings. | 早上这里会很亮 |
[40:33] | Let the shower run for a minute. | 提前让花洒放一会水 |
[40:35] | It takes a little while for it to get hot. | 水变热要一会 |
[40:39] | Okay. Thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[41:03] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[41:08] | I come with the room. | 我是随房赠送品 |
[41:17] | What kind of game are you playing here? | 你们在这玩什么游戏 |
[41:19] | I’m married. | 我结婚了 |
[41:21] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:22] | Look, I don’t know who you are, | 我不知道你是谁 |
[41:24] | and I don’t know what this place is, | 我不知道这是什么地方 |
[41:25] | but I came here to find out why my father came to California, | 但我到这来是来找出我爸到这来的原因 |
[41:27] | not to cheat on my wife. | 不是来背叛我妻子的 |
[41:29] | Okay, then don’t. | 好 那就别背叛她 |
[41:30] | Well, I’m trying not to, but it’s a little difficult | 我尽力不背叛她 |
[41:32] | when you got a half-naked woman in your bed. | 但当床上有一个半裸的女人时就有点困难了 |
[41:35] | Ask her to leave. | 让她离开 |
[41:38] | I’m sure she was just trying to help. | 我肯定她只是想帮忙 |
[41:41] | You seem wound so tight, Cole. | 你看上去绷得很紧 科尔 |
[41:44] | To help? | 帮忙 |
[41:46] | I don’t need that kind of help. | 我不需要那种帮助 |
[41:48] | I can’t believe I have to even explain this to you. | 真难以相信我得跟你解释这个 |
[41:52] | Maybe I shouldn’t be surprised, though. | 不过也许我不该感到惊讶 |
[41:53] | I mean, you slept with my father when he was married, | 毕竟我爸结婚了你还跟他睡了 |
[41:55] | so clearly marriage isn’t that much of a problem to you. | 所以显然婚姻对你来说不是问题 |
[41:57] | Actually, your father’s marriage was my biggest problem. | 其实 你爸爸的婚姻是我最大的困扰 |
[42:02] | What is that supposed to mean? | 什么意思 |
[42:09] | What is this? A love letter? | 这是什么 情书吗 |
[42:11] | Yes. | 是 |
[42:12] | I have a whole box of them. | 我有一盒子 |
[42:14] | 永远爱你 加百列 | |
[42:21] | When did he write all those? | 这些是他什么时候写的 |
[42:24] | We wrote to each other on and off | 在他离开莫罗湾后 |
[42:25] | after he left Morro Bay. | 我们不时地通信 |
[42:27] | For how long? | 多久 |
[42:29] | About ten years. | 大约十年 |
[42:31] | I thought you said it was a brief affair. | 我还以为你说是一段简短的婚外情 |
[42:35] | I lied. | 我撒谎了 |
[42:43] | I can’t believe he’s dead. | 我难以相信他死了 |
[42:47] | There was a time I thought he was my be’shert. | 曾经一度我以为他是我的灵魂伴侣 |
[42:52] | Do you know what that word means? | 你知道那个词是什么意思吗 |
[42:55] | It means soul mate. | 它的意思是灵魂伴侣 |
[42:57] | My destiny. | 我的真命天子 |
[42:59] | Look. | 你看 |
[43:05] | You see? | 你看到了吗 |
[43:09] | N “N”… | |
[43:12] | G “G.” | |
[43:19] | That surfboard was his favorite thing. | 那个冲浪板是他最喜欢的东西 |
[43:23] | We met down at the beach. | 我们在海滩上遇到的 |
[43:26] | I’d seen him around town before, but… | 我之前在镇里见过他 |
[43:30] | he was such a loner. | 他如此的孤单 |
[43:32] | He always kept to himself. | 他总是一个人 |
[43:37] | I asked him if I could take pictures of him. | 我问他能不能给他拍照 |
[43:42] | He was… | 他 |
[43:44] | so handsome, so… | 那么帅 那么 |
[43:47] | striking. | 吸引人 |
[43:49] | After that first night, we were never apart | 第一晚后 四个月来 |
[43:52] | for four months. | 我们从未分开过 |
[43:56] | He called me “Wild Eyes.” | 他叫我”狂野之眼” |
[44:03] | He said he didn’t know | 他说他不知道 |
[44:04] | women like me existed in the world. | 世界上还有我这样的女人存在 |
[44:09] | I’ll show you. | 我给你看 |
[44:13] | “You asked me what I want from you, my love. | “你问我希望从你那得到什么 我的爱” |
[44:16] | My answer is simple. | “我的答案很简单” |
[44:18] | First, your mind. | “首先 你的思想” |
[44:20] | Then your body. | “然后是你的身体” |
[44:22] | Then your soul.” | “之后是你的灵魂” |
[44:32] | So, why’d he leave? | 那他为什么要离开 |
[44:36] | Cherry was pregnant. | 雪莉怀孕了 |
[44:39] | She wrote that if he didn’t come home, | 她写信来说如果他不回家 |
[44:42] | she would kill herself. | 她就自杀 |
[44:46] | What? | 什么 |
[44:48] | So he left. | 所以他走了 |
[44:59] | And then what? He just stopped writing? | 然后怎么样 他就那么不写信了吗 |
[45:02] | No, but his letters became more sad, bitter. | 不 但他的信变得更加悲伤 苦涩 |
[45:08] | They kept having more kids, he felt trapped, | 他们有了更多孩子 他觉得被困住了 |
[45:10] | and the thought of me was just making him miserable. | 想到我只会让他痛苦至极 |
[45:14] | So I devised a plan, | 所以我设计了一个计划 |
[45:18] | a way to extract me | 一个帮他把我 |
[45:20] | from his heart and his head. | 从他心里和脑里摆脱掉的方法 |
[45:23] | To forget me once and for all. | 彻底地忘掉我 |
[45:26] | An exorcism of sorts. | 类似驱魔的方法 |
[45:31] | Did it work? | 有用吗 |
[45:33] | It did. | 有用 |
[45:34] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[45:36] | Because the last task, | 因为最后一个任务 |
[45:38] | the final instruction, if he finally knew | 最后的指示是 如果他最终知道 |
[45:42] | he was no longer in love with me, | 他不再爱我了 |
[45:45] | was to send my letters back. | 他要将我的信寄回来 |
[45:49] | All of them. | 所有的 |
[45:55] | And here they are. | 它们在这 |
[46:00] | I’m sorry, Nan. | 抱歉 南 |
[46:03] | Don’t be, sweetheart. | 不必这样认为 亲爱的 |
[46:05] | We wanted different things. | 我们要的东西不一样 |
[46:07] | I have no regrets. | 我没有遗憾 |
[46:13] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[46:16] | Neither did he. | 他也不觉得 |
[46:29] | You’ve reached the voice mail of Alison and… | 这里是艾莉森还有 |
[46:32] | Joanie! | 琼妮的语音信箱 |
[46:33] | We can’t get to the phone right now so… | 我们现在无法接听电话 |
[46:38] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[47:24] | How did the exorcism work? | 那种类似驱魔的方法是怎样的 |
[47:27] | I sent your father five final letters, | 我给你爸寄了最后五封信 |
[47:30] | one at a time. | 一次一封 |
[47:32] | Each one with a task. | 每次交代一个任务 |
[47:36] | Every time he completed a task, | 每次当他完成一个任务后 |
[47:37] | I sent him another. | 我再给他下一个 |
[47:43] | Read this. | 读读这个 |
[47:54] | “Find my scent in nature.” | “在自然中找寻属于我的气味” |
[47:57] | Delphine will help you. | 德尔菲娜会协助你 |
[48:55] | “Task two. Write down everything you love about me, | “任务二 写下你钟爱我的所有方面” |
[49:00] | and then wrap the words around my scent.” | 用我的气味将这些话语包住” |
[49:04] | I love that she always calls me on my shit. | 我爱她老是找我茬 |
[49:10] | I love how smart she is. | 我爱她的聪慧过人 |
[49:13] | I love how she deals with grief head-on. | 我爱她直面悲伤的方式 |
[49:16] | When our boy died… | 我们儿子去世时… |
[49:21] | I couldn’t admit my own grief, so… | 我不愿突显悲伤 所以… |
[49:26] | I made her carry the burden for the both of us. | 我让她独自承受属于我们的丧子之痛 |
[49:32] | I made her feel like she was the weak one. | 我让她觉得她是弱的一方 |
[49:40] | I made her feel like she was going crazy | 我让她觉得自己快要疯掉了 |
[49:42] | so I wouldn’t lose my own mind. | 这样我就不会失去理智 |
[49:53] | “Number three. Build a pyre. | “任务三 弄一个火堆” |
[49:56] | Imbue each stone with something you hate about me. | 给每块石头赋予一件你恨我的事 |
[49:59] | Add the smell and the things you love. | 和气味及你钟爱的东西一起 |
[50:03] | And then set it all ablaze.” | 然后将它们付之一炬 |
[50:11] | I hate how unforgiving you are. | 我恨你的不依不饶 |
[50:17] | I hate that you never told me how unhappy you were. | 我恨你不愿对我袒露你不开心的事实 |
[50:20] | I hate that you ran off with Noah fucking Solloway. | 我恨你投入该死的诺亚·索洛维的怀抱 |
[50:26] | And I hate what shitty taste you have in men. | 我恨你对男人没有眼光 |
[50:29] | That you are always picking guys who don’t deserve you. | 你总是遇到配不上你的人 |
[50:32] | I hate that you gave up on me. | 我恨你放弃了我 |
[50:41] | I hate that I can’t give up on you. | 我恨自己无法对你释怀 |
[50:48] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[50:49] | Before you do this, you need to state your intention. | 在你动手前 你需要说出你的意图 |
[50:57] | I want to be free of you. | 我想不受你的干扰 |
[52:18] | Didn’t work. | 不起作用 |
[52:20] | I feel worse. | 我感觉更糟了 |
[52:24] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[52:28] | It worked on your dad. | 对你爸挺管用的 |
[52:33] | I have to go home. | 我要回家了 |
[52:35] | Back to your wife? | 回你妻子身边吗 |
[52:43] | Do you want to see the final letter? | 你想看看最后一封信吗 |
[52:46] | Sure. | 好的 |
[53:01] | “Now you’ve finished all four tasks, | “现在你完成了所有四项任务 |
[53:03] | and so the exorcism is complete. | 驱除之法到此结束 |
[53:06] | If it worked… | 如果有用… |
[53:10] | and you no longer love me, | 并且如果你已不再爱我 |
[53:13] | send me these letters back so I know. | 把这些信回寄给我让我知道 |
[53:15] | I remain yours– mind, body and soul. | 我依旧属于你 我的思想 身体和灵魂 |
[53:19] | Nan.” | 南” |
[53:48] | Nan, my dad didn’t send these letters to you. | 南 这些信不是我爸寄给你的 |
[53:54] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[53:57] | It’s postmarked two years after he died. | 邮戳是他去世两年后的 |
[54:06] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[54:12] | I think my mom found those letters. | 我觉得是我妈发现了这些信 |
[54:16] | And then read them, and then sent them to you, | 读过之后 回寄给了你 |
[54:19] | hoping you’d think they’d come from him. | 希望你会觉得这是他寄回来的 |
[54:32] | All this time, I… | 这些年来 我… |
[54:36] | I thought he didn’t love me anymore. | 我以为他已不再爱我 |
[54:48] | How did he die? | 他是怎么死的 |
[54:58] | He hung himself on my tenth birthday. | 在我十岁生日时他上吊自杀了 |
[55:07] | Couple weeks after you sent that last one. | 就在你寄了最后一封信的数个礼拜后 |
[55:16] | Cole. | 科尔 |
[55:22] | She wants you to take this with you. | 她想让带上这些 |
[55:24] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[55:26] | I’m going home. | 我要回家 |
[55:28] | Back to your wife? | 回到你妻子身边吗 |
[55:30] | No. | 不 |
[55:37] | I tried to make it work with my wife. | 我试过解决我们夫妻间的问题 |
[55:40] | She is a wonderful woman, and she deserves more | 她是个很棒的女人 而一心二用的男人 |
[55:43] | than somebody who’s just half there, | 根本配不上她 |
[55:45] | and the truth is I’m in love with somebody else. | 而事实是我对其他人念念不忘 |
[55:50] | And I have tried for years to get her out of my mind, | 我这几年都在试图忘掉她 |
[55:53] | but it just never works, | 但都无济于事 |
[55:55] | and I don’t want to wake up in ten years | 我不想十年后的某天 |
[55:56] | and want to kill myself | 去结束自己的生命 |
[55:57] | ’cause I was just trying to do the right thing. | 只因为我当时想做正确的事 |
[56:01] | So I’m going home. | 所以我要回家 |
[56:03] | I’m gonna tell her how I feel. | 我要告诉她我的感受 |
[56:08] | What? | 怎么了 |
[56:12] | She’s lucky, whoever she is. | 不管她是谁 她很幸运 |
[56:17] | Delphine. | 德尔菲娜 |
[56:22] | I’m sorry about last night. | 昨晚的事我很抱歉 |
[56:24] | Don’t be. I wanted that. | 不用 是我自愿的 |
[56:28] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里是为了什么 |
[56:31] | Seriously, you’re beautiful, you’re smart, you’re talented. | 说真的 你漂亮 聪明 有才华 |
[56:34] | You could do whatever you want to do, | 你想做什么都可以 |
[56:36] | be with whoever you want to be with. | 想成为什么人都没问题 |
[56:38] | You don’t have to be Nan’s proxy for the rest of your life. | 你不必给南当一辈子的代理人 |
[56:40] | I like being her proxy. | 我喜欢当她的代理人 |
[56:42] | I think Nan’s a genius. | 我觉得南是个天才 |
[56:50] | Take care of your mind, body and soul. | 照顾好你的思想 身体和灵魂 |
[56:55] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[57:34] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你 老爸 |