时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | When this job opened up, | 当这里招人时 |
[00:07] | I thought to myself, here’s my chance | 我想 这就是我的机会 |
[00:09] | to actually make a difference | 能真正为那些没人要的孩子们 |
[00:10] | with the kids nobody else wanted. | 做出点什么 |
[00:12] | We gave your whole nonnegotiable | 所以我们试了一下 |
[00:14] | discipline policy a fair shake. | 你那套死板的政策 |
[00:16] | It didn’t work. | 不奏效 |
[00:18] | I’m your boss. | 我是你上司 |
[00:19] | I’m your boss. | 我是你上司 |
[00:21] | “My mother lives and breathes academic success. | “我母亲非常看重学术成功 |
[00:24] | The only thing she hates more than failure | 除了失败以外 她最恨的 |
[00:26] | is my father.” | 就是我父亲” |
[00:28] | You and Carl, you got to work through | 你和卡尔 你们得解决 |
[00:29] | whatever issues you got going on. | 你们现在面临的问题 |
[00:32] | And you’re who the fuck? | 你他妈又是谁 |
[00:34] | People don’t really know me, you know? | 人们并不真正了解我 知道吗 |
[00:35] | They, they, uh, know my movies, | 他们… 他们了解我的电影 |
[00:37] | they see me as this action hero, | 他们把我当做动作明星 |
[00:39] | this sort of modern-day James Bond. | 现代詹姆斯·邦德之类的 |
[00:41] | But that’s all an act, of course. | 但那当然都是表演 |
[00:42] | When I picked up your book, | 我读到了你的书 |
[00:44] | it just spoke to me, man. | 它对我说话了 |
[00:45] | I know it’s a real act of faith, | 我知道把你的工作 |
[00:47] | putting your work in the hands of another artist | 交给另一位艺术家诠释 |
[00:49] | to interpret, but I want you to know, | 是一种信任 但我想让你知道 |
[00:51] | I am not going to let you down. | 我不会让你失望的 |
[00:53] | You’re saying you actually think the producers | 你是说你觉得 |
[00:55] | of Fun Home would give you the rights | 《开心窝》的制片人愿意让你 |
[00:58] | – to direct a student production? – Yeah. | -导演一个学生作品 -没错 |
[01:00] | So practice your pitch on me first. | 所以你可以先试着说服我 |
[01:02] | You would do that? | 你真的愿意帮我吗 |
[01:04] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[01:06] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[01:10] | He’s passed. | 他去了 |
[03:03] | 第一话 贾内尔 | |
[03:08] | So, how is it? | 你那边情况如何 |
[03:10] | How are your classes? Have you made any friends? | 课上得怎么样 交到朋友了吗 |
[03:13] | Nah. No one talks to me. | 没交到 没人和我说话 |
[03:16] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[03:17] | I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑的 |
[03:18] | Yeah, I’ve made friends. | 我交到朋友了 |
[03:20] | Actually, I’m thinking about going for student government. | 其实 我在考虑参加学生会 |
[03:23] | Student government? | 学生会 |
[03:26] | You can do that as a freshman? | 大一新生就可以吗 |
[03:28] | Yeah, they set aside spots for the first-years. | 是的 他们给一年级的留了位置 |
[03:30] | Trying to get people involved early, I guess. | 我想是为了让大家早点参与进来 |
[03:34] | I don’t know, it kind of sounded fun. | 我说不好 不过挺有趣的 |
[03:35] | 康普顿学院董事会 亲爱的贾内尔 我们看到了你的申请 可否今晚五点面谈 | |
[03:37] | I guess all your years of, uh, | 看来这么多年你一直说的 |
[03:38] | “be the change” finally got through. | “改变自己”我终于听进去了 |
[03:42] | Hey, you listening? | 你在听吗 |
[03:44] | Of course. I’m sorry. My bad. | 当然 抱歉 我的错 |
[03:48] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[03:49] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[03:51] | So, have you, uh, seen your grandparents yet? | 见过爷爷奶奶了吗 |
[03:54] | Oh, they live, like, an hour away. | 他们住的地方距离我一小时车程吧 |
[03:56] | You better get to it. | 你最好去看看他们 |
[03:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:00] | Hey, Ant. | 小安 |
[04:01] | I’m really proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[04:04] | Yeah, all right. Bet. | 好吧 我猜也是 |
[04:05] | Well, I’ll see you later, Mom. Bye. | 回头再聊 妈妈 再见 |
[04:08] | Okay, have fun, be safe. | 好 玩得开心 注意安全 |
[04:10] | Thank you for calling me. | 谢谢你打给我 |
[04:13] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[04:29] | Hey, Noah. | 诺亚 |
[04:31] | Janelle! Sorry. | 贾内尔 抱歉 |
[04:32] | Were you, were you waiting? My phone was on silent. | 你在等我吗 我的手机调成静音了 |
[04:35] | Not at all. I just got here. | 没有 我刚到 |
[04:37] | I didn’t want to interrupt, | 我不想打扰你们 |
[04:39] | but I also wouldn’t want to be late. | 可我也不想迟到 |
[04:40] | Oh, no, we– this is Janelle, my girlfriend. | 没有 我们… 这是贾内尔 我女朋友 |
[04:43] | Very nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[04:44] | Noah won’t stop talking about you. | 诺亚总是说起你 |
[04:46] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[04:48] | The school I was telling you about, where I work? | 我和你说过的那间学校 我工作的地方 |
[04:50] | Janelle is the principal. | 贾内尔是校长 |
[04:52] | You’re his boss? | 你是他的上司 |
[04:54] | I mean, I usually don’t lead with that, but… | 我通常不这么说 不过… |
[04:56] | She’s worked for decades in… | 几十年来她… |
[04:57] | with kids in Compton and-and Watts | 在康普顿和华兹工作 教导孩子们 |
[04:59] | and kids that no one else cares about. | 还有那些没人关心的孩子 |
[05:02] | You two are doing amazing work, | 你们俩真是了不起 |
[05:03] | I mean– and, uh, I know you have to run, | 我知道你们得走了 |
[05:05] | so I won’t keep you. | 我就不留你了 |
[05:10] | It was very nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[05:11] | Nice to meet you, too… | 我也很高兴认识你… |
[05:12] | I’m sorry, Noah didn’t mention your name. | 抱歉 诺亚还没说过你叫什么 |
[05:19] | That’s funny. | 真逗 |
[05:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:23] | Sorry, did I miss something? | 不好意思 我错过什么了吗 |
[05:26] | What? You didn’t tell me. How was I supposed to know? | 怎么了 你又没告诉我 我怎么可能知道 |
[05:30] | Noah. | 诺亚 |
[05:31] | The look on his face. | 他的表情 |
[05:32] | He’s so huge. | 他那么红 |
[05:34] | He’s– have you never seen the Maze movies? | 你没看过《迷宫》系列电影吗 |
[05:36] | – Nope. Never did. – Snake Junction? | -从没看过 -《蛇形交汇点》呢 |
[05:38] | Fortitude? | 《不屈不挠》 |
[05:40] | He was in all those? Wow, he’s really big. | 他演了那些电影吗 他可真红 |
[05:42] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[05:58] | Oh, and Martin’s home from his ROTC summer program. | 马丁结束后备军官训练团暑期项目回家了 |
[06:02] | – He’s the oldest? – No, that’s Whitney. | -他是年纪最大的吗 -不 惠特尼是 |
[06:05] | Got it. So, it’s Whitney, | 知道了 惠特尼 |
[06:07] | Trevor, Stacey… | 特雷弗 史黛丝… |
[06:09] | No, no. Martin then Trevor then Stacey. | 不对 马丁然后是特雷弗和史黛丝 |
[06:12] | – Right. Okay. – Okay, then there’s Pr– | -好吧 -然后是普丽… |
[06:14] | and then there’s Vik’s parents, | 然后是维克父母 |
[06:15] | who are Priya and Abdul. | 普丽娅和阿布都 |
[06:16] | Then there’s Helen and then Helen’s parents, | 然后是海伦和她的父母 |
[06:18] | Bruce and Margaret. | 布鲁斯和玛格丽特 |
[06:21] | Priya… | 普丽娅… |
[06:24] | Abdul, Priya. | 阿布都 普丽娅 |
[06:26] | Helen’s parents, | 海伦的父母 |
[06:29] | – Bruce… – And Margaret. | -布鲁斯 -和玛格丽特 |
[06:32] | – Margaret, sorry. – No, don’t be. | -玛格丽特 抱歉 -不必道歉 |
[06:33] | I’m just glad you’re here. | 我很开心你在这 |
[06:35] | This is so fucking weird for me. | 这对我而言太奇怪了 |
[06:44] | Noah. | 诺亚 |
[06:48] | Jesus. Fuck. | 天哪 靠 |
[06:50] | Helen never mentioned a dress code. | 海伦没说过有着装要求 |
[06:55] | Let’s just go inside. | 我们进去吧 |
[07:05] | Guys. Hi. | 各位 |
[07:12] | Guys, this is Janelle. | 各位 这是贾内尔 |
[07:14] | Hey, hello. | 你们好 |
[07:18] | You’re Janelle? I had no idea. | 你是贾内尔 我都不知道 |
[07:20] | – Hi. – You’re gorgeous. | -你好 -你太美了 |
[07:23] | I can’t wait for you guys to get to know each other. | 我等不及让你们互相认识了 |
[07:26] | The soul is spoken of | 人们常说灵魂 |
[07:28] | as invisible, | 无法看见 |
[07:32] | inconceivable, | 难以想象 |
[07:34] | and unchangeable. | 无法改变 |
[07:49] | – Excuse us. – Oh, God. | -借过 -天哪 |
[07:51] | Sorry… | 抱歉 |
[07:52] | for your loss. | 请节哀 |
[08:02] | 乔尔 紧急事件 赶紧打给我 乔尔四通未接来电 | |
[08:25] | Hello? | 喂 |
[08:27] | No. No, Joel, I’m not gonna FaceTime you, I’m at a… | 不不 乔尔 我不和你视频 我在… |
[08:36] | Hello? | 喂 |
[08:38] | Thanks for calling me back, and for speaking this way. | 谢谢回电 也谢谢你和我视频 |
[08:40] | I-I thought we should talk face-to-face, | 我觉得咱俩该面对面谈谈 |
[08:43] | mano a mano, you know? | 单打独斗 知道吗 |
[08:45] | That’s not what mano a mano means. | 这不是”单打独斗”的意思 |
[08:47] | Oops, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:49] | Not you. I ran into somebody. | 不是对你 我撞了个人 |
[08:52] | What is it, Joel? | 什么事 乔尔 |
[08:54] | I know that we have a more formal commencement meeting, | 我知道我们还有个更正式的会议 |
[08:56] | but I just wanted to call in advance | 但我想提前联系你 |
[08:59] | and say that I am humbled, I am honored | 告诉你我受之有愧 不胜荣幸 |
[09:02] | – and I am so excited. – About what? | -非常兴奋 -关于什么 |
[09:06] | Obviously, we both know that I wanted your job, Janelle, | 显然我们都知道我想要你的工作 贾内尔 |
[09:08] | but I think this is a perfect compromise. | 但我觉得这是个很好的妥协 |
[09:12] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[09:14] | Co-principals. | 共同校长 |
[09:15] | You and me, both bringing our A game. | 你和我 都拿出最佳实力 |
[09:18] | Look, I know that you probably have | 听着 我知道你也许 |
[09:19] | your reservations, because you, | 还有顾虑 因为你 |
[09:21] | you and I had our tensions in the past, | 你和我过去有些不快 |
[09:23] | but I just wanted to call and tell you | 但我只想告诉你 |
[09:25] | that I am putting all of that behind me. | 我打算尽弃前嫌 |
[09:29] | I am committed to starting this position | 我已做好准备开始这份工作 |
[09:31] | with a clean slate. Let bygones be bygones. | 从头开始 让过去成为历史 |
[09:34] | I’ll be the yin to your yang… | 我做阴 你做阳 |
[09:40] | Thank you, Joel, for, uh, calling. | 谢谢 乔尔 谢谢你的来电 |
[09:43] | Of course. We’re on the same team now. | 好说 我们现在是一个队伍了 |
[09:49] | I’ll let you get back to, uh… | 那我就不打扰你的… |
[09:51] | Funeral, Joel. I’m at a funeral. | 葬礼 乔尔 我在参加葬礼 |
[09:54] | Oh, wow. Okay. | 天哪 好吧 |
[09:56] | Well, that’s not great. | 这不太好 |
[09:59] | So, who died? | 谁死了 |
[10:23] | I just wanted to say I think it’s so awesome | 我只想说你是我爸的女友 |
[10:26] | that you’re my dad’s girlfriend. | 实在是太酷了 |
[10:28] | Dating a woman of color might be | 与一个黑人女性约会 |
[10:30] | one of the coolest things he’s ever done. | 是他做过最酷的事情之一 |
[10:36] | “Girlfriend” is a strong word. | 女友这词言重了 |
[10:45] | 亲爱的沃克先生 我想严正地反对 | |
[10:53] | 亲爱的沃克先生 你去死吧 | |
[11:05] | Who knew wearing white at a funeral is a Hindu tradition? | 谁能想到印度教的传统葬礼要穿白色 |
[11:09] | It’s crazy Helen didn’t tell me. | 海伦竟然没说 真疯狂 |
[11:11] | Her husband just died. Maybe you weren’t top of mind. | 她丈夫刚去世 也许你不是她心里的第一要务 |
[11:14] | Yeah, well, I just didn’t want you to think it was my fault. | 好吧 我只是不想让你认为这是我的错 |
[11:16] | Of course not. It was an honest mistake. | 当然不会 无心之过罢了 |
[11:21] | Ugh, God, these movie people. | 天哪 这些电影人 |
[11:23] | They think they own you. | 他们觉得你是他们的 |
[11:24] | Sweetheart, would you mind grabbing me a drink? | 亲爱的 你能给我拿杯酒吗 |
[11:26] | I’ll take anything with scotch in it. | 只要有苏格兰威士忌我都喝 |
[11:27] | Excuse me? I-I don’t think I’m who you’re looking for. | 不好意思 我觉得我不是你要找的人 |
[11:31] | And all these empty glasses… | 还有那么多空杯子 |
[11:33] | they could disappear. | 该收收了 |
[11:34] | It doesn’t look very professional, you know? | 看起来不是很专业 知道吗 |
[11:41] | If you think that’s bad, | 如果你觉得那很糟 |
[11:42] | you should see the way he talks to me. | 你该看看他是怎么对我说话的 |
[11:46] | The valet is being impossible. | 泊车服务生太糟糕了 |
[11:48] | I don’t know what to do. I just need them to park the cars. | 我不知道该怎么办 我只想让他们好好停车 |
[11:51] | Helen, do you remember Janelle? | 海伦 你记得贾内尔吗 |
[11:54] | Oh, yeah. Hi. Thanks for coming. | 记得 你好 感谢前来 |
[11:56] | Hi, of course. Um, I’m so sorry for y… | 当然 我很遗憾你的… |
[11:59] | I’m so sorry. Um, if there’s anything we can do to help, | 我很遗憾 如果有什么我们能帮忙 |
[12:02] | – if… – Actually, | -如果 -其实 |
[12:03] | would you mind going and talking to the valet? | 你介意去和泊车服务生谈谈吗 |
[12:05] | You might have more luck than me or Noah. | 你也许能比我和诺亚谈得更顺利 |
[12:10] | Of course. Happy to help. | 当然 乐意帮忙 |
[12:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:23] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[12:24] | Yeah, I’m fine. Uh, are you? | 嗯 我很好 你呢 |
[12:27] | I think I was sent out here to help you with something. | 我觉得我是来这帮你一些忙的 |
[12:30] | I was just trying to tell the lady in charge | 我只是想告诉负责的女士 |
[12:32] | that someone took their keys inside. | 有人把车钥匙拿走了 |
[12:34] | It’s no big deal, there’s just a car double-parked. | 其实没什么 但有个车挡别人车了 |
[12:37] | Won’t matter till people start to leave. | 等大家离开时会出现问题 |
[12:41] | Right. Got it. Thanks. | 嗯 明白了 谢谢 |
[12:45] | Motherfucker. | 狗日的 |
[13:09] | 谢了 好莱坞大道的101咖啡店 一小时后 好极了 一会儿见 我要去开会 我们晚点聊 | |
[13:24] | You know, in many ways, you’ve done a great job. | 从很多方面来说 你做得很好 |
[13:26] | – The kids love you. – It’s true. | -孩子们喜欢你 -没错 |
[13:27] | You really get them. | 你很理解他们 |
[13:29] | As you’ll see, this is not a demotion. | 你能明白 这不是降职 |
[13:32] | No. Think of it as a chance to develop your strengths | 绝不是 把这当作一个机会 发挥你的优势 |
[13:35] | and work on those weaknesses. | 弥补你的劣势 |
[13:39] | Which are? | 什么劣势 |
[13:43] | Oh, well, uh, the student walkout, | 好吧 学生罢课 |
[13:46] | uh, discontent from the teachers, | 教师们的不满 |
[13:49] | a number of complaints | 诸多投诉 |
[13:50] | that you’re uninterested in the opinions of others | 关于你不在乎别人的看法 |
[13:52] | and dismissive of their concerns. | 轻视他人的担忧 |
[13:54] | Uh, to be honest, uh, we’d expected | 老实说 我们希望 |
[13:56] | you to go above and beyond when it came | 你能在与我们和教职员工妥协一事上 |
[13:58] | to meeting us and the staff halfway, | 做出更多的让步 |
[14:00] | particularly as an outside hire. I-Instead, | 尤其是作为校外雇员 但是 |
[14:02] | many people who worked with you felt… | 许多与你共事过的人认为 |
[14:04] | – ill at ease. – Ron. | -不自在 -罗恩 |
[14:06] | The important thing is that this co-principal arrangement will help | 重点是共同校长的安排能帮助 |
[14:10] | you and Joel play to your strengths. | 你和乔尔发挥你们的长处 |
[14:13] | Right. Exactly. | 是的 没错 |
[14:15] | Since Joel’s so fantastic with people, | 乔尔和大家很合得来 |
[14:17] | we think he can help ease some of the school-wide tensions. | 我们认为他能帮忙缓解一些校内紧张局面 |
[14:21] | Work in some of the restorative justice techniques, | 他可以运用一些调解技巧 |
[14:24] | handle partnerships and programs, | 处理伙伴关系和项目 |
[14:26] | attend, uh, district meetings, and… | 出席学区会议 |
[14:29] | essentially be more of a public face for the school. | 根本来说是代表学校的公众形象 |
[14:34] | While you will focus your energy internally, | 而你将集中精力于学校内部 |
[14:37] | continuing the administrative work you’ve tackled so beautifully, | 继续一如既往出色地完成行政工作 |
[14:40] | and, uh, working one-on-one with the students, | 并与学生进行一对一的工作 |
[14:42] | of course, we love that | 当然 我们很高兴 |
[14:43] | you have such high expectations for them… | 你对他们有如此高的期待 |
[14:45] | and sharing the responsibility of liaising with the teachers. | 并且承担与老师们沟通的责任 |
[14:49] | The new contract for you to review and sign. | 这份新合同需要你审阅并签字 |
[14:53] | The sooner you get it back to us, the better. | 越快将它交回越好 |
[14:55] | Only a few weeks till the new school year. | 离新的学年只有几周时间了 |
[15:22] | 诺亚 我做错什么了吗 你去开什么会了 先前的事很抱歉 我真的压力很大 打给我 | |
[16:00] | Always the same knock. | 敲门声还是老样子 |
[16:02] | Figured I’d give you a heads-up. | 给你事先提个醒 |
[16:04] | Since you tend to have company. | 因为你总是有人作伴 |
[16:09] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[16:15] | – It’s, uh… – Don’t bother. | -我… -不必如此 |
[16:17] | I know when you’re about to say something you don’t mean. | 我知道你什么时候想说些言不由衷的话 |
[16:21] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[16:23] | Fine. | 没事 |
[16:25] | Could you take a look at this? | 你能看看这个吗 |
[16:30] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[16:31] | It’s a contract from CA. | 是学校的合同 |
[16:34] | They want me to… co-principal. | 他们想让我当共同校长 |
[16:38] | With who? | 和谁共同当校长 |
[16:40] | One of the other teachers. His name is Joel. | 另外一个老师 他叫乔尔 |
[16:42] | Do I know him? | 我认识他吗 |
[16:44] | He’s only been there a, a few years. | 他只在学校干了几年 |
[16:48] | Before that? | 在那之前呢 |
[16:50] | Grad school. This is his first teaching job. | 在读研究生 这是他的第一份教学工作 |
[16:53] | How old is he? | 他多大了 |
[16:54] | He’s white. | 他是白种人 |
[16:56] | Of course. | 果然 |
[16:58] | They want us to split responsibilities. | 他们想让我们分担不同职责 |
[17:00] | I’d cover internal administrative stuff, | 我负责内部的行政工作 |
[17:03] | he’d be the “face” of the school. | 他担当学校的”门面” |
[17:18] | You always drink before giving legal advice? | 在给出法律建议前 你都要喝酒吗 |
[17:20] | Actually… this is for you. | 其实这是给你倒的 |
[17:31] | And my salary gets cut by 15%. | 我的薪水将被减百分之十五 |
[17:35] | I can see that. | 我看到了 |
[17:39] | Well… from what I can tell, it’s standard. | 我只能说 这是常规做法 |
[17:42] | And what you’re telling me matches what they have on paper, | 你所说的与合同上的内容是相匹配的 |
[17:44] | so… you can go ahead and sign. | 所以你可以签字了 |
[17:55] | Is that all? Or do you need something else? | 就这样吗 你还需要别的吗 |
[18:04] | – What’s the matter? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没什么 |
[18:06] | You seem upset. | 你看起来很沮丧 |
[18:07] | I don’t know why I keep expecting you to give a shit about me. | 我不知道我为什么还期望你会在乎我 |
[18:11] | Why’d you come here tonight, Nell? | 你今晚为什么来这里 内尔 |
[18:13] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[18:14] | Clearly, it was a mistake. | 显然 这是个错误 |
[18:15] | Oh, I’ll tell you why. | 我告诉你原因吧 |
[18:17] | You came ’cause you wanted me to tell you not to sign that. | 那是因为你想让我叫你别签合同 |
[18:19] | Well, you know what? That’s not my job anymore. | 知道吗 那不再是我的事了 |
[18:22] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[18:23] | If you wanted me to be your heavy, | 你要是想让我当你的重要忠告者 |
[18:24] | you should’ve never left me. | 你就不应该离开我 |
[18:26] | You’re still a motherfucker, you know that? | 你依旧是个混蛋 |
[18:28] | I’m a motherfucker? | 我是混蛋吗 |
[18:30] | I left you because you were having an affair | 我离开你是因为你与 |
[18:32] | with your 26-year-old protège. | 26岁的门徒有了外遇 |
[18:34] | Once. That happened once. | 就一次 只发生了一次 |
[18:36] | And for you to have the gall to sit there and, | 你居然有胆量坐在那里 |
[18:38] | and reframe the narrative so that you’re still the victim? | 重新编故事 假装是受害者 |
[18:41] | Somehow. Always. | 你总是这副德行 |
[18:43] | You want to talk about playing the victim? | 你想谈谈假装受害者吗 |
[18:45] | You show up on my doorstep unannounced, after all these years, | 这么多年之后 你不请自来 |
[18:48] | waving a piece of paper talking about “Poor me!” | 拿着一张合同 说着”我真惨” |
[18:51] | “How could the terrible white people do this to me?” | “可恶的白种人怎么能这样对我” |
[18:54] | I’ll tell you how they can do it to you. | 我告诉你 他们为什么这么对你 |
[18:55] | Because you let them. | 都是你自作自受 |
[18:58] | You always let them. | 你总是让他们欺压你 |
[19:07] | And I’ll tell you something else. | 我还要告诉你一件事 |
[19:10] | I’ve been seeing a therapist. | 我一直在看心理医生 |
[19:13] | You’re what? | 什么 |
[19:14] | And my therapist thinks you relied on me | 我的心理医生认为 你指望我 |
[19:17] | to be the militant ideologue in our marriage, | 成为我们婚姻中的激进者 |
[19:19] | so you could go out in the world and be the compromise. | 这样你就可以出去对这个世界妥协 |
[19:23] | I don’t have to listen to this. | 我不需要听你说这些 |
[19:25] | And you know what gets to me after all that? | 你知道我最受不了什么吗 |
[19:27] | You went out and told everybody | 你出去告诉所有人 |
[19:28] | it was my fault our marriage failed. | 我们婚姻失败是我的错 |
[19:30] | You needed me to behave a certain way to legitimize you | 你需要我成为某个样子 好做你的借口 |
[19:32] | and then you left me for it. | 然后你为此离开了我 |
[19:34] | I left you because you were having an affair, Carl. | 我离开你是因为你有外遇 卡尔 |
[19:36] | Does your therapist know about that? | 你的心理医生知道这件事吗 |
[19:37] | – Once. – Which is one too many times. | -就一次 -太多次了 |
[19:40] | That’s not why you left me. | 那不是你离开我的原因 |
[19:41] | Yes, it is. | 不 就是如此 |
[19:42] | You’re not being honest with yourself. | 你对自己不诚实 |
[19:43] | – Carl! – What? | -卡尔 -怎么了 |
[19:45] | – I’m leaving. – Fine. | -我要走了 -好 |
[19:47] | Oh, wait. | 等等 |
[19:50] | Don’t forget your social contract. | 别忘了你的社会契约 |
[19:58] | Just give me the fucking thing. | 快给我 |
[20:00] | Are you gonna sign it? | 你要签字吗 |
[20:01] | Probably. What choice do I have? | 可能吧 我还有什么选择 |
[20:08] | Damn! | 该死 |
[20:11] | What is wrong with you? | 你怎么了 |
[20:12] | What’s wrong with me? You’re the one hitting things. | 我怎么了 是你在捶桌子 |
[20:14] | You’ve been in this field 20 years. | 你入行二十年了 |
[20:15] | You really gonna give up half your power to a white kid | 你真的要把你一半的权力让给一个白人孩子 |
[20:17] | who’s gonna take all the credit | 而他将把所有功劳都占为己有 |
[20:18] | and let you do all the work? | 让你做所有的工作 |
[20:21] | Maybe they’re right. | 也许他们说得对 |
[20:22] | Maybe I’m not good for this job. I’m too opinionated. | 也许我并不擅长这份工作 我太固执了 |
[20:25] | I’m domineering, I’m not maternal enough. | 我太专横了 不够母性 |
[20:27] | You’re not what? | 你不什么 |
[20:28] | I don’t play well with others, Carl. | 我和其他人合不来 卡尔 |
[20:30] | That’s part of this job, right? | 那是这份工作的一部分 对吗 |
[20:32] | I mean, you can’t just be the visionary, | 你不能只是那个有远见的人 |
[20:34] | you have to make everyone feel good about themselves | 你得在工作的时候 |
[20:37] | – while you’re doing it. – No, you don’t. | -让所有人都感觉良好 -不 不需要 |
[20:39] | There must have been some reason for this. | 那一定有什么原因 |
[20:42] | If I was doing a good enough job, | 如果我做得足够好 |
[20:43] | they would’ve just let me keep doing it. | 他们就会让我继续做下去了 |
[20:46] | No, don’t you get it? | 不 你没明白吗 |
[20:48] | They don’t want you to do this job, | 他们不想让你干这个工作 |
[20:50] | because they don’t want you to do the job at all. | 因为他们根本就不想要你 |
[20:53] | They don’t want you. | 他们不想要你 |
[20:59] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[21:12] | So you’re saying I never had a chance? | 所以你是说我就没有机会 |
[21:15] | I don’t know what you want me to tell you anymore. | 我不知道你让我和你说什么 |
[21:18] | You wanted to change the system from the inside. | 你想从内部改变这个系统 |
[21:20] | I never thought that would work. | 我从没想过那是可行的 |
[21:25] | So you must feel pretty good about yourself | 知道自己是对的 |
[21:27] | knowing you were right. | 你一定感觉良好吧 |
[21:32] | I don’t feel good about myself. | 并没有 |
[21:41] | I have been… | 我半辈子… |
[21:45] | teaching for half my life. I have three degrees. | 都在教书 我有三个学位 |
[21:47] | When is it gonna be enough? | 什么时候才够 |
[22:01] | Janelle, you’re brilliant. | 贾内尔 你很优秀 |
[22:03] | And I know you wanted that to protect you somehow, | 我知道你希望自己的优秀能保护自己 |
[22:05] | to lift you up and carry you above all this bullshit, | 提升你的地位 远离歧视 |
[22:09] | and it should have. | 事情本应该是这样的 |
[22:12] | You should’ve been the one person in the world | 你本应该成为这个世上优秀的人 |
[22:14] | where color just didn’t matter. | 不被肤色所限制 |
[22:16] | I never said that. | 我从没说过 |
[22:17] | But, baby… | 但宝贝… |
[22:19] | I’ve been telling you the same thing for 25 years. | 同样的话我跟你说了25年了 |
[22:23] | But you never want to listen. | 但你从来都不想听 |
[22:26] | So I’m gonna tell you this one last time. | 所以我最后和你说一次 |
[22:28] | After that, you’re on your own. | 在那之后 你就靠你自己了 |
[22:32] | It’s not you. | 不是因为你 |
[22:34] | It’s them. | 是他们的原因 |
[22:49] | You want a water or something? | 你想喝杯水什么的吗 |
[22:52] | Yeah. | 好 |
[23:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:03] | A therapist, huh? | 心理医生 是吗 |
[23:07] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:09] | Just… trying new things. | 就是… 在尝试新的东西 |
[23:13] | She any good? | 她好吗 |
[23:14] | Nah. | 不 |
[23:15] | It’s a brother. | 是男医生 |
[23:17] | Which took a while. | 找他花了很长的时间 |
[23:19] | You know how hard it is to find | 你知道在洛杉矶 |
[23:20] | a black therapist in L.A.? | 找一个黑人心理医生有多难吗 |
[23:30] | You need me…? | 你需要我… |
[23:31] | – Yeah. – Oh, yeah. | -是的 -好 |
[23:43] | You know, someone thought I was a waiter today. | 今天有人误认为我是服务生 |
[23:49] | And this dress cost $1,000. | 这条裙子花了我1000块 |
[23:54] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[23:57] | You spent $1,000 on a dress? | 你花了1000块买一条裙子 |
[24:03] | What am I gonna do, Carl? | 我该怎么办 卡尔 |
[24:06] | Anton’s at school. | 安东去上学了 |
[24:08] | This job is my whole life. | 这份工作就是我的整个生活 |
[24:11] | How am I just gonna walk away from it? | 我怎么能放弃 |
[24:13] | What am I gonna do instead? | 我应该怎么做 |
[24:33] | I have one idea. | 我有个主意 |
[24:35] | You know Compton Academy’s coming up | 你知道康普顿学院 |
[24:37] | on their district performance review next year, right? | 明年要进行地区绩效评估吧 |
[24:41] | What if, instead of signing those papers, | 如果你不签那些文件 |
[24:44] | you run for Unified School District’s board? | 竞选进联合学区的董事会呢 |
[24:47] | You’d set policy for all the charter schools. | 你可以为所有特许学校制定政策 |
[24:49] | Plus, you’d technically be Joel’s boss. | 而且你就成了乔尔的上司了 |
[24:53] | Hell, you’d be Ron’s boss. | 连罗恩都是你的手下 |
[24:59] | Don’t come from within. | 不要想着从内部着手 |
[25:02] | Come from above. | 从上层着手 |
[25:06] | No. | 不 |
[25:08] | I’d never win. | 我赢不了的 |
[25:09] | Not alone. | 你一个人不行 |
[25:13] | You know I helped Ava T. | 你知道我帮艾娃·T |
[25:14] | get elected to the 44th, right? | 在第44区选举中获胜了吧 |
[25:18] | Ava Tompkins is gonna be a state senator? | 艾娃·汤普金斯要当州参议员了 |
[25:22] | You mean the girl who used to babysit Anton? | 你说那个以前给安东当过保姆的女孩吗 |
[25:24] | – Mm-hmm. – How old is she? | -对 -她多大了 |
[25:26] | Thirty-four, and she’s a star. | 34 她就是个明星 |
[25:29] | Defeated 12 candidates, including the incumbent. | 击败了12个候选人 包括现任者 |
[25:32] | So, you fucking this girl? | 所以你上了这个女孩 |
[25:34] | Are you serious? | 你认真的吗 |
[25:36] | No, I’m not. | 不 我没有 |
[25:39] | Why not, if she’s so amazing? | 为什么不 如果她那么厉害的话 |
[25:42] | And you obviously make such a good team. | 而且你们很显然配合默契 |
[26:07] | I’m not fucking Ava Tompkins… | 我没有上艾娃·汤普金斯… |
[26:11] | …’cause Ava Tompkins is not the woman I want to be with. | 因为艾娃·汤普金斯不是我想与之共度余生的人 |
[26:42] | I was happy. | 我以前很快乐 |
[26:43] | So was I. But then I wasn’t. | 我也是 但之后我不快乐了 |
[26:44] | I’m in love with someone else. | 我爱上了别人 |
[26:46] | No. Don’t do that, Ellen. | 不 别那样 埃伦 |
[26:49] | Let’s talk. | 我们谈谈 |
[26:50] | What is there to talk about? | 有什么好谈的 |
[26:53] | No. If you want to go, you should go. | 不 如果你想走 你应该走 |
[26:55] | Can’t we at least talk about this? | 至少我们应该谈一谈吧 |
[27:04] | Was she here? | 她来过这里吗 |
[27:05] | Did you… | 你们… |
[27:07] | In this house? | 在这栋房子里 |
[27:09] | In our be… | 在我们的床… |
[27:15] | Um… Th-This is, um… | 这… |
[27:18] | Hey, this is not right. | 这感觉不太对 |
[27:19] | I mean, something is… Can we just cut there | 有点… 我们能… |
[27:21] | – for a second, please? – That’s a cut. | -停一下吗 -停 |
[27:22] | Really? I thought that was… | 真的吗 我以为… |
[27:23] | – No? – Hey, hey, hey. | -不 -对 听我说 |
[27:24] | You were devastating. | 你演得很好 |
[27:25] | I’m entirely the problem here. | 出问题的是我 |
[27:27] | Um, can I watch playback, please? | 我能看下回放吗 |
[27:29] | Sure, you got it. | 当然 |
[27:43] | 第二话 海伦 | |
[27:49] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[27:52] | Yeah, I’m fine. I’m tired. | 我没事 只是累了 |
[27:54] | Of course she’s not okay, Dad. Look at her. | 她当然不好了 爸爸 你看她 |
[27:56] | She’s riddled with PTSD. | 她创伤后遗症爆棚好吗 |
[27:57] | I’m fine. | 我真的没事 |
[27:59] | They changed the schedule. | 他们更改了拍摄安排 |
[28:00] | It was supposed to be a family breakfast scene, | 本来是拍一家人吃早餐的场景 |
[28:03] | but then the kid playing Martin, | 但扮演马丁那个孩子 |
[28:04] | he apparently twisted one of his balls at the gym, | 他在健身房拉伤了蛋 |
[28:07] | and they have to switch it. | 他们只好调换拍摄顺序 |
[28:11] | You sure you’re okay? | 你确定你真的没事吗 |
[28:12] | Will you fucking stop? I’m fine. | 你能别唠叨了吗 我没事 |
[28:16] | Okay, fine. Great. | 好吧 那就好 |
[28:22] | So, what did you think? | 所以 你觉得怎么样 |
[28:27] | Be honest. | 说实话 |
[28:28] | I… | 我… |
[28:30] | You know, what do I know, Noah? | 我知道什么呢 诺亚 |
[28:31] | It was… it was… it was super. | 就是…很…很厉害 |
[28:34] | I’m gonna go get some coffee. | 我去倒杯咖啡 |
[28:45] | Oh, no. | 惨了 |
[28:48] | It was that bad, was it? | 真的那么糟 是吧 |
[28:50] | We actually put you to sleep. | 我们让你昏昏欲睡了 |
[28:52] | Oh, no. | 不是的 |
[28:53] | Uh, I had a late night. | 我昨晚很晚才睡 |
[28:56] | Are you with the studio? | 你是摄制组的人吗 |
[28:58] | No. | 不是 |
[28:59] | S-So, you’re… | 那你是… |
[29:01] | Uh, so, I’m, uh… | 我是… |
[29:05] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[29:07] | Helen? | 海伦 |
[29:08] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[29:11] | Oh, fuck me. | 我操 |
[29:14] | Noah didn’t let on that you were coming, the tosspot. | 诺亚没说你会来 那个酒鬼 |
[29:18] | I’m so terribly sorry you had to see that… | 我真抱歉 让你看到那种… |
[29:20] | Oh, I don’t care, really. | 我不在意 真的 |
[29:22] | But it was shit, wasn’t it? | 但真的烂透了 是吧 |
[29:23] | Please, be honest. J-Just tell me the truth. | 拜托你说实话 告诉我事实 |
[29:26] | I see y-you’ve found Helen. | 看来你找到海伦了 |
[29:29] | – This is my daughter. – Whitney. | -这是我女儿 -我是惠特尼 |
[29:32] | Who is very young, very engaged. | 她很年轻 但已经订婚了 |
[29:34] | – Jesus, Dad. – Mazel tov. | -天呐老爸 -恭喜你 |
[29:36] | You were amazing in that scene. | 你在那一幕的表演太棒了 |
[29:38] | – You were so vulnerable. – Thank you. | -非常脆弱无助 -谢谢夸奖 |
[29:39] | I’m just trying to do justice to your father’s words, really. | 我只是想诠释好你父亲的文字 |
[29:42] | Aren’t we all? | 我们不都是吗 |
[29:44] | Noah’s told me so much about you. | 诺亚跟我说了很多你的事 |
[29:49] | I’m dying to know what you thought. | 我很想知道你的想法 |
[29:50] | Did that feel just forced now? | 你觉得我会不会演得太用力了 |
[29:52] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, man. I… | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[29:54] | That felt really right. | 刚才的表演感觉恰到好处 |
[29:56] | I don’t know, N– | 我说不好 |
[29:57] | It seems that the dynamics are off somehow. Don’t you think? | 张力好像有点不够 你不觉得吗 |
[30:02] | In what way? | 哪方面 |
[30:03] | I keep finding myself trying to comfort her, right? | 我一直想安慰她 对吧 |
[30:06] | But that’s not the scene, is it? | 但那一幕不该是那样的 对吗 |
[30:08] | Sasha, w-we could talk about this in the trailer. | 萨莎 我们可以去拖车里讨论这个 |
[30:10] | – This is kind of weird for Helen. – Oh, fuck. | -这对海伦来说有点怪 -操 |
[30:12] | – Forgive me. I-I’m sorry. – No, it’s okay. | -原谅我 很抱歉 -不 没事 |
[30:14] | It’s really not weird at all. I’m fine. | 一点都不怪 我没事 |
[30:16] | And you’re not the problem, she is. | 再说问题不在你身上 而是在她身上 |
[30:18] | You s… I thought you said it was great. | 你…你不是说很棒吗 |
[30:20] | Look, I don’t know anything about this, | 我对这些一窍不通 |
[30:23] | it just seems to me that the actress is coming off kind of, | 我只是觉得那个女演员表现得… |
[30:27] | I don’t know, broken, or something. | 怎么说 像是崩溃了 |
[30:28] | And I think she needs to be more of a bitch. | 她应该更贱一点 |
[30:31] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[30:33] | Well, you want to like your character, right? | 你想喜欢自己的角色 对吧 |
[30:35] | What’s his name? Daniel? | 他叫什么来着 丹尼尔 |
[30:37] | His hero? | 他是英雄 |
[30:38] | Well, uh, maybe antihero. | 应该说是反英雄 |
[30:40] | Yeah, so she should f… | 对 所以她应该… |
[30:42] | fight back. You know, attack. | 反击 展开进攻 |
[30:44] | That’s it. That’s good, that’s brilliant. | 没错 这解读太棒了 |
[30:46] | Great. She should be strong, right? | 很好 她应该是坚强的 对吧 |
[30:48] | Be more of a-a powerful foil in this scene. | 在这一幕里应该是更有力的陪衬 |
[30:51] | You could be stronger, too. | 你也可以更强势 |
[30:54] | Jesus, Helen. | 天呐 海伦 |
[30:55] | Uh, sorry, man. | 抱歉 |
[30:56] | No, it’s fine. I appreciate the candor. It’s great. | 不 没事 她这么坦率我喜欢 这样很好 |
[30:58] | Hey, dude. | 哥们 |
[30:59] | We got to be done by noon if we’re gonna get our day. | 如果想完成今天的拍摄任务 中午前得拍完 |
[31:01] | Thank you, Lisa. Thank you. | 谢谢你 丽萨 谢谢 |
[31:04] | You’re extraordinary. | 你太了不起了 |
[31:07] | We’re almost done. I don’t suppose you’d have lunch with me, | 我们快拍完了 你愿意和我一起吃午餐吗 |
[31:09] | to finish this conversation? | 继续聊这个话题 |
[31:11] | Oh, no, uh… N-No. | 不了 不太好 |
[31:14] | This is really Noah’s thing. | 这是诺亚的事 |
[31:17] | Uh, so we should get an Uber– what… | 所以我们该叫车走了 |
[31:19] | We have to get to my son’s dress rehearsal. | 得赶去我儿子的带妆彩排 |
[31:20] | No? Really? That’s odd. | 真的不行吗 挺奇怪啊 |
[31:25] | Well, very nice meeting both of you. | 好吧 很高兴认识二位 |
[31:27] | – You, too. – You, too. | -我也是 -我也是 |
[31:29] | I’m gonna walk ’em out. | 我送她们出去 |
[31:31] | Hey, Helen. | 海伦 |
[31:34] | If you change your mind, Noah knows where to find me. | 如果你改变主意了 诺亚知道我在哪儿 |
[31:55] | Hey, so that scene we just saw, | 我们刚看到的那一幕 |
[31:57] | was that really how it went down with you and Dad? | 你和老爸当初真是这样吗 |
[32:01] | Pretty close. | 差不多 |
[32:04] | I mean, not exactly. | 不完全一样 |
[32:05] | The bra was in a different drawer. | 胸罩其实在另一个抽屉 |
[32:07] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[32:09] | Was I home? | 我当时在家吗 |
[32:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[32:14] | Yeah, I think… | 应该在 |
[32:16] | I think you must have been home. Yeah. | 你应该已经回家了 |
[32:18] | You shielded us from so much. | 你们对我们隐瞒了这么多 |
[32:22] | Well… | 那… |
[32:24] | what was I supposed to do, tell you | 我还能怎么做 告诉你 |
[32:25] | your father was screwing another woman in our bed? | 你老爸正在我们床上操另一个女人吗 |
[32:27] | No. But you did more than that. | 不是 但你做的比那更多 |
[32:29] | You never gave up on him. | 你从没放弃过他 |
[32:31] | You didn’t let us give up on him. | 你没让我们放弃他 |
[32:34] | He’s your father. | 他是你父亲 |
[32:36] | Yeah, but when I think about how painful | 没错 但当我想到 |
[32:38] | that must have been for you, it’s… | 你当时有多痛苦 我就… |
[32:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[32:49] | How come you and Vik never got married? | 你和维克为什么没结婚 |
[32:53] | Well, fool me once… | 一朝被蛇咬… |
[32:58] | Oh, no. I’m sorry. | 不 对不起 |
[33:00] | I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it that way. | 对不起 我不是那个意思 |
[33:02] | I didn’t. | 真的不是 |
[33:04] | Not all men cheat. | 不是所有男人都会出轨 |
[33:12] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[33:15] | Made of little marks… | 由记而生… |
[33:19] | Fly… | 飞翔… |
[33:22] | Up so high Fly… | 飞向苍穹… |
[33:25] | Up so high Fly… | 飞向苍穹… |
[33:28] | Up so high Fly… | 飞向苍穹… |
[33:31] | Fly… | 飞翔… |
[33:52] | I can see all Of Pennsylvania | 我可以看见整个宾夕法尼亚 |
[34:00] | Caption… | 独白 |
[34:02] | Every so often, there was a rare moment | 我时常能够感觉到 |
[34:06] | of perfect balance | 完美平衡的珍贵时刻 |
[34:09] | when I soared above him. | 当我在他上空翱翔的时候 |
[34:16] | Great job! | 非常好 |
[34:27] | Can we bring the house lights up? | 请打开灯光 |
[34:30] | I got to go deal with my face. | 我去补个妆 |
[34:39] | 欢乐之家 缅怀维克乌拉医生 | |
[34:47] | – Hey, lady! – Hey, Lauren. | -你好 -你好 劳伦 |
[34:51] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[34:53] | will you look at those two? | 看看他们两个 |
[34:55] | Yeah. Thick as thieves. | 是啊 亲密无间 |
[34:58] | – How are you, sweetie? – I’m fine. | -你好吗 亲爱的 -我很好 |
[35:02] | You keeping busy? | 一直忙着呢 |
[35:03] | – I mean, they say that’s the most important thing. – Yeah. | -他们说那是最重要的事 -是的 |
[35:06] | my ex-husband is making a movie. | 我前夫在拍电影 |
[35:08] | So we were on the set today and– | 我们今天在片场 |
[35:10] | Oh, my God. Did you see him? | 天啊 你见到他了吗 |
[35:13] | – Noah? -No, you whore. | -诺亚 -不 你个骚货 |
[35:14] | – Sasha Mann. – Did she see him? | -萨莎·曼 -你觉得她见到了吗 |
[35:17] | – He asked her out. – What? | -他还约她呢 -什么 |
[35:18] | – He did not. – Yes, he did. | -他没有 -他有 |
[35:20] | He asked her out and she blew him off. | 他约她 但被她拒绝了 |
[35:21] | Helen, you have to go. | 海伦 你去啊 |
[35:24] | I mean, he is the perfect man. | 他是个完美的男人 |
[35:26] | No, I’m serious. He donates half of every paycheck to charity. | 真的 他每份收入有一半都拿去做慈善 |
[35:29] | He teaches acting in prison. | 他在监狱教表演 |
[35:31] | And I’ve heard that, on all of his movies, | 我还听说 他的所有电影 |
[35:32] | he buys the whole crew, | 他都给所有演职人员买杀青礼物 |
[35:34] | like, super expensive motorcycles as wrap gifts. | 那种超贵的摩托车 |
[35:36] | How do you know all this? | 你怎么知道的 |
[35:37] | I read US Weekly, Helen. | 我看《美国周刊》的 海伦 |
[35:39] | Oh, my God. Baby, that was so amazing. | 天啊 你刚刚表现很棒 |
[35:44] | – I’m serious. – No. | -真的 -还好啦 |
[35:45] | The second act was a disaster. | 第二幕简直惨不忍睹 |
[35:46] | – No way. It was genius. – Total Titanic. | -不会 很棒 -简直是撞船一般的惨案 |
[35:47] | – No, stop. Really. No. – No, look at us. | -没有 别说了 -不 你看我们 |
[35:49] | We were bawling. Look at my eyes. | 我们都感动哭了 你看我眼睛 |
[35:50] | I was bawling the entire time. | 每一幕都感动得我痛哭流涕 |
[35:52] | We were both bawling. Weren’t we, Mom? | 我和妈妈都是 对不对 妈妈 |
[35:54] | What was your, uh… | 你… |
[35:55] | what was your favorite part, Mom? | 你最喜欢哪一部分 妈妈 |
[35:58] | I’m just so proud of you, Trev. | 我很为你自豪 特雷弗 |
[36:02] | I think Vik would’ve liked it. | 我想维克会喜欢的 |
[37:20] | 诺亚给的 我想再跟你聊聊 有太多问题了 你现在在做什么 | |
[37:40] | No. | 不 |
[38:21] | So, do you actually call him Mr. Mann? | 你真的叫他曼先生吗 |
[38:35] | Thank you for coming. | 感谢你的到来 |
[38:45] | I have no idea what I’m doing here. | 我不知道你叫我来干嘛 |
[38:47] | Why don’t you just start by coming in? | 那不如先进来 |
[38:57] | Did you just move in? | 你刚搬进来吗 |
[38:59] | Four years ago. | 四年前 |
[39:01] | You need some furniture. | 你要买点家具 |
[39:03] | No. I find I feel healthier with less. | 不 少点家具更健康 |
[39:08] | I’ve made us some tea. | 我去泡茶 |
[39:09] | And the way that I’m preparing our tea actually dates back | 我泡茶的方式可以追溯到 |
[39:12] | to sixth-century Buddhist monks. | 六世纪的佛教僧侣 |
[39:17] | That’s old. | 真古老 |
[39:18] | That is old. | 没错 |
[39:19] | Please, sit. | 请坐 |
[39:22] | Legend has it that the Bodhidharma | 传说中菩提祖师 |
[39:24] | struggled so badly to stay awake during meditation | 在冥想时总容易睡着 |
[39:27] | that he, in a desperate moment, | 于是他在绝望之时 |
[39:29] | ripped off his eyelids to keep his eyes open. | 剥去了自己的眼皮 让自己的双眼睁开 |
[39:32] | And from the fallen lids sprung the tea plants. | 于是掉落的眼皮上长出了茶树 |
[39:41] | Well, point being that what began as a practical thing, | 重点是一开始实际的事情 |
[39:44] | over time, became its own ritual. | 随着时间流逝 变成了一种仪式 |
[39:46] | I mean, its own form of-of meditation. | 自成一派 |
[39:51] | Thank you for coming all this way. | 感谢你一路赶来 |
[39:54] | I’m up every night agonizing over this film. | 我每晚都因为这部电影睡不着 |
[39:56] | I’m desperate to get it right. | 我渴望能演出那种感觉 |
[39:59] | I’m sure you will. | 我确定你可以的 |
[40:01] | It’s a very personal story for me. | 对我来说 这是个个人故事 |
[40:04] | The novel was formative, | 小说很有塑造性 |
[40:05] | and it gave me tremendous insight into my own behavior. | 它让我对自己的行为有了深刻的认识 |
[40:07] | Really? Did you leave a wife and four kids, too? | 真的吗 你也抛弃妻子和四个孩子吗 |
[40:12] | Sorry. Bad joke. | 抱歉 我这玩笑开得不好 |
[40:13] | Noah speaks as if you and he are the best of friends. | 诺亚口中仿佛你和他是好朋友 |
[40:16] | Well, we are friends. | 我们确实是朋友 |
[40:18] | But are you, maybe, still harboring resentment | 但这些年来 你也许还是… |
[40:21] | after all these years? | 心怀怨恨吧 |
[40:24] | Okay, you said you wanted to talk to me about the movie. | 你说你想跟我谈电影 |
[40:26] | Are there any specific questions you wanted to ask or…? | 你有什么具体的问题要问吗 |
[40:29] | When you said that Ellen should be more of a bitch– | 你说埃伦需要更贱一点的时候 |
[40:31] | I didn’t s– I don’t think I said that. | 我好像没说过 |
[40:33] | – I think you did. – I don’t– | -你说了 -我没有 |
[40:36] | Let’s check it. | 我们看看 |
[40:38] | “Ellen should be more of a bitch so that… | “埃伦需要更贱一点 |
[40:40] | – Daniel can be our hero.” – You wrote that down? | -丹尼尔才能成为我们的英雄” -你记下来了 |
[40:42] | Yes, I did. And it was a great note. | 是的 这个注解很棒 |
[40:44] | Listen, you should’ve stayed. | 你当时不应该走 |
[40:45] | The next take was electric. | 后来那一场戏简直让人惊叹 |
[40:48] | But what is it that makes her character so aggressive? | 但那个角色为什么那么咄咄逼人 |
[40:53] | Childhood? Issues with her dad? | 跟童年有关吗 有父女问题吗 |
[40:55] | I mean, is she lashing out at people | 我是说 她经常会去批评别人吗 |
[40:57] | because she’s frightened she will never know love again? | 因为她害怕自己永远无法再感受爱 |
[41:02] | – Can I ask you an honest question? – Please. | -我能问你个问题吗 -请说 |
[41:05] | Do you like the book? | 你喜欢那本书吗 |
[41:06] | Yes, I do. Do you? | 是的 你呢 |
[41:08] | No, I don’t. | 不喜欢 |
[41:09] | Because it’s about male ego? | 因为它涉及男性的自我 |
[41:11] | No, because it’s not very good. | 不 因为写得不好 |
[41:12] | But… so many people really like it. | 但真的有很多人喜欢 |
[41:15] | Yes, but I’m not sure that they’re very smart. | 是的 但我不确定他们是不是有脑子 |
[41:18] | Well, | 好吧 |
[41:20] | Well, I just said that I really like it. | 我刚刚说我真的很喜欢 |
[41:27] | Are you always this honest? | 你总这么直白吗 |
[41:33] | No. | 不 |
[41:35] | I’m going through something. It’s really strange. | 我在经历一些事 我感觉真的很奇怪 |
[41:39] | – Um, you haven’t touched your tea. – I don’t like green tea. | -你还没喝过茶 -我不喜欢绿茶 |
[41:40] | I think it tastes like mulch. | 一股泥巴味 |
[41:41] | Have you tasted mulch? | 你吃过泥巴吗 |
[41:43] | Listen, I know matcha can be bitter, but, I mean, | 我知道抹茶有点苦 但… |
[41:46] | properly brewed, it’s actually quite good. | 经过适当的烹煮后 味道真的不错 |
[41:55] | You let it get cold. | 茶都凉了 |
[42:08] | This conversation is not really working, is it? | 咱俩有点话不投机 是吗 |
[42:10] | It’s me. | 是我的问题 |
[42:10] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[42:12] | I’m just very tired. | 我很累 |
[42:15] | Thank you for the tea. | 谢谢你的茶 |
[42:17] | Helen, please, you came all this way. | 海伦 拜托 你大老远过来 |
[42:19] | P-Perhaps something brought you here today. | 也许冥冥中有什么带你过来的 |
[42:22] | – Your Tesla. – Oh, come on. | -你的特斯拉 -拜托 |
[42:23] | Listen, I just want to get to know you. | 我只是想了解下你 |
[42:25] | Can we just try something else? I mean, a walk or a swim | 可以试试别的办法吗 散步游泳之类的 |
[42:27] | or I’ve got these amazing yoga hammocks. | 我有个超赞的瑜伽吊床 |
[42:30] | – Yoga hammocks? – Yes. | -瑜伽吊床 -是的 |
[42:31] | They’re really something. | 真的超赞 |
[42:33] | Um, no. I think I’m just gonna get an Uber. | 不用了 我还是打车回去了 |
[42:35] | No. Please. Basketball. | 不 拜托 打篮球怎样 |
[42:37] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[42:39] | You just want to go home and keep googling your own demise? | 你要回去就是去查自己会不会死吗 |
[42:45] | I don’t know why I said yes to basketball. | 我不知道为什么选择了篮球 |
[42:47] | I really don’t know how to play. | 我真的不会打 |
[42:48] | I love basketball. | 我喜欢篮球 |
[42:49] | It’s such an American game. | 这就是美国人的活动 |
[42:51] | And your son Martin used to play, didn’t he? | 你儿子马丁也打 对吗 |
[42:53] | Yep. | 是的 |
[42:54] | And, Helen, would you go to all his games? | 海伦 他的每场比赛你都去看吗 |
[42:57] | Can we just fucking play? | 能不能只打球 |
[43:06] | Hey, I thought you said you didn’t play. | 你不是说你不会吗 |
[43:08] | Maybe a little bit when I was in school. | 也许上学的时候打过几次 |
[43:13] | Obviously you didn’t. | 显然你不会打 |
[43:14] | Well, it’s the shirt, isn’t it? | 是因为这件衬衫 |
[43:16] | It’s too tight. | 太紧了 |
[43:18] | Let me have another go. | 再让我试一次 |
[43:33] | You’re such a baller. | 你简直就是个篮球运动员 |
[43:36] | Hey, Helen, think fast. | 海伦 反应快点 |
[43:39] | Fuck! | 靠 |
[43:40] | Fuck. | 靠 |
[43:42] | Jesus. What the fuck?! | 天啊 这他妈搞什么 |
[43:49] | Hey, I’m truly sorry. | 真的不好意思 |
[43:51] | I really thought you saw me. | 我真以为你看到我了 |
[43:55] | You like Pinot Noir, right? | 你喜欢喝黑皮诺红酒 对吗 |
[43:57] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[43:58] | Chapter three. | 第三章里写的 |
[44:01] | I really don’t understand my life. | 我真的搞不懂我的生活 |
[44:03] | – Can I see it? – No. | -给我看看 -不用了 |
[44:05] | – Do you think it’s broken? – Probably. | -骨折了吗 -大概吧 |
[44:07] | – Well, let me just have a look. – Uh! Don’t touch me! | -让我看看 -别碰我 |
[44:10] | I’m not gonna touch you. | 我不碰你 |
[44:16] | Oh, no. You’re fine. | 还好 你没事 |
[44:18] | – It’s not broken. – How do you know? | -没骨折 -你怎么知道 |
[44:19] | Well, my nose was broken a few times. | 我鼻子骨折过几次 |
[44:21] | It swells a lot more than that. | 肿的比你那大多了 |
[44:23] | You got lucky. | 你很幸运 |
[44:25] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[44:26] | I got lucky. Yeah. | 是我很幸运才对 |
[44:29] | Listen… | 听着 |
[44:31] | one fine day, we’ll look back on this, and we’ll laugh and laugh. | 总有一天 我们回看今天的时候 会笑个不停 |
[44:54] | I have to… I don’t… I don’t, | 我得… 我不… 我不… |
[44:57] | know what I’m doing here. | 我不知道自己在这干嘛 |
[44:58] | You seem like a very nice… psychopath. | 你像一个很友善的神经病 |
[45:00] | Well, I promise you, I’m not. | 我向你保证 我不是 |
[45:01] | I’m just… I really… I need to go. | 我只是… 我真的要走了 |
[45:08] | Hey, you need something to eat. | 你要吃点东西 |
[45:09] | – Can I make you something? – Uh, no. | -我给你做点吃的 -不用了 |
[45:11] | What about a little sugar, then? | 那吃点糖 |
[45:13] | I think I’m gonna, uh, throw up. | 我要吐了 |
[45:14] | – You serious? – Yeah. | -你认真的吗 -是的 |
[45:15] | – When? – Now. | -什么时候 -现在 |
[45:16] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[45:19] | Here. Here you go. Here you go. | 给 给你 |
[45:31] | I’ll just… | 我… |
[45:32] | go dispose of this. | 去把这个倒掉 |
[45:47] | Helen? | 海伦 |
[45:50] | I’m so sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[45:53] | I never meant for any of this to happen. | 我也没想要这样 |
[46:00] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[46:05] | Sit over here. | 坐这 |
[46:08] | Come on. Come on over here and sit down. | 来 来 坐下 |
[46:11] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[46:12] | Just sit down here. | 坐下 |
[46:14] | – I’m sorry. – No, no. Don’t be. | -对不起 -别这样 |
[46:16] | It’s my fault. I hit you in the head with a ball. | 是我的错 我用球击中了你的头 |
[46:18] | I mean, we should go to the ER. | 我们应该去看急诊 |
[46:20] | – You might have a concussion. – No. | -你可能脑震荡了 -不 |
[46:22] | I don’t have… | 我没有… |
[46:26] | What? | 什么 |
[46:26] | I don’t have a concussion. I… | 我没有脑震荡 我… |
[46:33] | I lost my partner. | 失去了我的伴侣 |
[46:39] | I lost my partner a few months ago. | 几个月前 我失去了我的伴侣 |
[46:44] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[46:53] | Something’s just not right with me. | 我觉得自己有些不对劲 |
[46:55] | I can’t wake up, and I fell asleep on the 405… | 我一直感觉困 上周我开车的时候 |
[46:59] | …last week and just now, | 还睡着了 就刚才 |
[47:01] | I fell asleep at my kid’s play, and I almost fainted. | 我还在孩子的表演过程中睡着了 像是晕过去了 |
[47:03] | I just… I don’t know what’s wrong with me. | 我不知道自己怎么了 |
[47:05] | Just breathe. Just-just… | 深呼吸… |
[47:07] | You’re okay. | 你没事 |
[47:08] | Just breathe. | 深呼吸 |
[47:16] | I-I just wasn’t prepared for how permanent it is, you know? | 我只是还没准备好接受永别 |
[47:23] | I get it. He made his point. He died. Now… | 我知道 他说清楚了 然后死了 现在… |
[47:27] | Now when’s he coming back? | 他什么时候才能回来 |
[47:32] | Death is relentless. | 死亡是残酷的 |
[47:38] | I lost someone, too, a few years ago. | 几年前 我也失去了挚爱 |
[47:40] | – I can’t. I just can’t. – No. | -我做不到 -不 |
[47:41] | No, no, no, no, it’s not… No. | 不 不是…. |
[47:43] | All I’m trying to say is that… | 我想说的是… |
[47:46] | after… after that, I f…. I felt truly lost. | 从那之后 我真的感觉很迷失 |
[47:50] | I did. | 真的 |
[47:52] | And then, I started to study with this Zen master, | 于是我开始和这位禅宗大师学习 |
[47:56] | and-and he suggested that I simplify my life, | 他建议我简化我的生活 |
[47:58] | and-and that’s when I moved up here. | 于是我搬来了这里 |
[48:00] | And I gave away most of my stuff, and it actually worked. | 我把大部分东西都送给别人 挺管用 |
[48:09] | You think that I’m full of shit. | 你以为我很扯淡 |
[48:13] | I… I haven’t decided yet. | 我还没决定好 |
[48:18] | Before you write me off completely, | 在你彻底否认我之前 |
[48:20] | can I show you just one last thing? | 我能给你看最后一样东西吗 |
[48:23] | Might help. | 也许会有用 |
[48:29] | How you doing in there? | 感觉如何 |
[48:33] | Admit it. You do feel better, don’t you? | 承认吧 你感觉好些了 不是吗 |
[48:39] | You know there’s nothing actually Buddhist | 你知道佛教里面 |
[48:41] | about this, right, Sasha? | 其实没有这玩意 对吧 萨莎 |
[48:43] | Like, monks in Tibet are not spending their time doing aerial yoga? | 西藏的僧侣不会去做空中瑜伽 |
[48:48] | I know nothing. | 我不知道 |
[50:18] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[50:21] | And I’m… | 我… |
[50:23] | I’m so sorry for what I’m putting you through now. | 很抱歉让你经受这一切 |
[50:30] | And if I know you, you’re trying to do this alone. | 如果我没猜错 你又在独自承担 |
[50:34] | You don’t want to worry anyone, so | 你不希望让别人担心 |
[50:37] | you’re hiding your feelings from everyone. | 所以你藏着自己的情感 |
[50:41] | Maybe you’re even a little bit surprised | 也许你甚至有些惊讶 |
[50:43] | by how much you miss me. | 想不到自己会如此思念我 |
[50:48] | But Helen, I need you to listen to me now. | 但海伦 我现在需要你听我说 |
[50:51] | For once in your life, just… | 你这辈子就这一次 |
[50:55] | Would you concentrate on yourself now? | 能不能多关心下自己 |
[50:59] | Be a little selfish. | 自私一点 |
[51:03] | You’ve taken care of everyone else for so long. | 长久以来 你照顾着每一个人 |
[51:05] | I just… I want you to spend the rest of your life | 我希望你的余生 |
[51:07] | enjoying yourself. | 要享受自己的人生 |
[51:11] | And… if you can’t do it for you, | 如果你为自己做不到 |
[51:15] | then do it for me. | 那就当为了我 |
[51:19] | Live now for us both. | 为我们俩 活在当下 |
[51:22] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[51:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[51:42] | 第三话 琼妮 | |
[51:50] | Unrecognized deposit. | 不明物体 |
[51:52] | Cannot compute biome levels. | 无法计算生物群落水平 |
[51:53] | Shh. Shh. It’s fine. | 闭嘴 没事 |
[51:55] | Searching database for unknown substance. | 搜索未知物质数据库 |
[51:57] | No. No. Stop. Just-just flush. | 不 停住 冲水就好了 |
[52:00] | – Flush. – One moment, please. | -冲水 -请稍等 |
[52:04] | Stop it, you asshole. Override. | 停住 混蛋 重载数据 |
[52:06] | – Override! – Code? | -重载数据 -密码 |
[52:08] | 2 3 8 2 Two-three-eight-two. | |
[52:32] | I… I just had breakfast an hour ago, | 一小时前我吃了早饭 |
[52:34] | and I’m already fucking famished. | 现在我饿死了 |
[52:36] | Want a cricket? | 要来一只蟋蟀吗 |
[52:37] | No, thanks. | 不用 谢了 |
[52:38] | God, I can’t get enough protein. | 蛋白质我真是吃不够 |
[52:40] | How were the Keys? | 佛罗里达群岛那边怎么样 |
[52:44] | Bleak. | 很荒凉 |
[52:45] | I hope you were a pinch more political with the client. | 希望你应付客户的时候更老道一点 |
[52:48] | I was honest. | 我说实话而已 |
[52:49] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[52:50] | I told them mangroves were the only chance they have | 我告诉他们从长远看来 |
[52:52] | to save the coast in the long term. | 红树林是他们拯救海岸的唯一机会 |
[52:54] | And? | 然后呢 |
[52:55] | They went with the swinging gate, | 但他们选择了回旋式的闸门 |
[52:57] | which is barely even a Band-Aid. | 那连个创口贴都算不上 |
[52:59] | But construction starts next month, | 但要下个月才开始动工 |
[53:01] | and now I’m available for something else. | 我现在可以做点别的事 |
[53:04] | Joanie, you just got back from your third trip this month. | 琼妮 这个月你已经出差三次了 |
[53:07] | You know, chill a little. | 放松点 |
[53:09] | Take time with your family. | 多陪陪家人 |
[53:11] | Laine, I don’t judge you for that carbon bomb in your belly. | 莱恩 我没有评论你肚子里的碳弹 |
[53:13] | Don’t judge me for wanting to do my job. | 你也不要因为我想做自己的工作来评论我 |
[53:18] | That was a joke. | 我说笑的 |
[53:24] | Well, you’re not gonna like what I have. | 你不会喜欢我正在烦的事 |
[53:27] | DOD’s trying to save an old base. | 国防部正在抢救一处老基地 |
[53:29] | It’ll be an erosion study, probably a swinging gate. | 他们需要研究侵蚀 可能会用回旋式闸门 |
[53:33] | Where is it? | 在哪 |
[53:35] | Montauk. | 蒙托克 |
[53:41] | Well, that’s how we stay in business, right? | 这就是我们的经营之道 是吗 |
[53:43] | Planned obsolescence, keep ’em coming back | 计划报废 这样他们就会一直回购 |
[53:45] | every two years for more? | 每两年一次 每次都更多 |
[53:49] | I’ll go. | 我去吧 |
[54:44] | Our apologies. The tracks are flooded. | 很抱歉 铁轨被淹没了 |
[54:46] | We should be moving shortly. | 我们很快将启动 |
[54:59] | Hello? | 喂 |
[55:03] | Did you make it? | 你到了吗 |
[55:04] | Almost. | 快了 |
[55:06] | You still in Houston? | 你还在休斯顿吗 |
[55:07] | We came back early, actually. | 事实上 我们提前回来了 |
[55:08] | They had to cancel the game. | 比赛取消了 |
[55:10] | The entrance to the park flooded again. | 公园入口又被水淹了 |
[55:16] | How are the girls? | 女儿们怎么样 |
[55:17] | They’re, uh, they’re great. They miss you. | 她们很好 很想你 |
[55:21] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[55:23] | Laine was desperate. | 莱恩很绝望 |
[55:25] | She practically begged me to take this assignment, | 她几乎是求着我接受这个任务 |
[55:28] | so, here I am. | 所以我才来的 |
[55:31] | Where are you going to stay? | 你准备住哪 |
[55:33] | Dad’s place. | 爸爸家 |
[55:34] | Is that a good idea? | 那样好吗 |
[55:36] | It’s fine. | 没问题的 |