时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | She was sex. | 她就是 |
[00:07] | The very definition of it. | 性感的化身 |
[00:09] | She was the reason the word was invented. | 这个词存在的意义 |
[00:11] | You were gonna say this book is true. | 你准备说这本书所讲的是真的 |
[00:12] | And then you make out that I’m some kind of cold-hearted, | 然后你还把我描述成一个冷血无情的 |
[00:14] | – drug-dealing psychopath. – Okay, calm down, | -毒贩子精神病一样 -好了 冷静点 |
[00:17] | – Alison. – No. Nothing is sacred to you. Nothing. | -艾莉森 -你毫不尊重我们的回忆 |
[00:19] | Helen Solloway? | 海伦·索洛维 |
[00:21] | Eden Ellery. I-I was Noah’s publicist. | 伊顿·埃勒里 之前帮诺亚做宣传的 |
[00:25] | Bad idea. | 这不是个好主意 |
[00:27] | We’re working together. | 我们在一起工作 |
[00:28] | I think they were sleeping together. | 我觉得他们睡过 |
[00:30] | When? | 什么时候 |
[00:30] | On his book tour. | 在他的书宣传的时候 |
[00:32] | Didn’t seem to end too well. | 看起来结局不太好 |
[00:33] | I’m really excited about this piece. | 我对文章很兴奋 |
[00:35] | People love a comeback story. | 人们喜欢东山再起的故事 |
[00:37] | When will they run it? Do you know? | 他们什么时候发布 你知道吗 |
[00:38] | I hear that they want to time it with the release of the movie. | 我听说他们希望在你电影上映的时候发 |
[00:42] | Eden claims you pressured her | 伊顿说在新书宣传途中 |
[00:43] | into sleeping with you on the book tour. | 你强迫和她做爱 |
[00:45] | This is fucking shit! What?! | 真扯淡 什么 |
[00:46] | I think you had the world a little bit too much | 我猜这个世界有些过于 |
[00:48] | at your fingertips, didn’t you? | 围着你转了 不是吗 |
[00:50] | Damn, Ariel. You really were paying attention. | 该死 艾瑞尔 你真关注我们 |
[00:52] | There’s a chapter in your last book, Descent, | 你上一本书《坠落》里有一章 |
[00:55] | where you have sex with your wife against a tree. | 你跟你老婆靠着树做爱 |
[00:58] | Was that supposed to be a rape? | 你觉得那算强奸吗 |
[00:59] | No, I did not consider it to be a-a scene of rape. | 我不认为那样是在强奸 |
[01:02] | Are you fucking kidding me?! | 你他妈不是在逗我吧 |
[01:03] | Can I help you? | 有什么能帮你的吗 |
[01:04] | You must be Helen. I’m Christianna. | 你肯定是海伦 我是克里斯蒂安娜 |
[01:06] | I’m sorry. Should I know you? | 不好意思 我应该认识你吗 |
[01:08] | I’m his daughter. | 我是他女儿 |
[01:09] | – Well, that’s hardly accurate, is it? – No. | -那很不准确 是吗 -不 |
[01:11] | Not now that it’s inconvenient for you. | 现在对你来说不方便 |
[01:13] | – How much?! – $25,000. | -要多少 -25000 |
[01:15] | She shows up, pretends she wants a… relationship. | 她出现 假装她想要一段…关系 |
[01:19] | – Oh, my God. – So do you like it? | -我的天呐 -你喜欢吗 |
[01:22] | Are you kidding me?! | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[01:23] | You’re a genius. | 你真是个天才 |
[01:25] | To new friends and new beginnings. | 为了新的朋友和新的开始 |
[01:27] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[01:29] | The Maze 3 is a go. | 《迷宫3》要开拍了 |
[01:31] | What about Barry’s movie? | 那巴里的电影呢 |
[01:32] | I can’t make it work. | 我办不到 |
[01:33] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:35] | Hello, little love. | 小家伙 |
[01:37] | Hi, Mom. | 妈 |
[01:38] | 艾德琳 抱歉 亲爱的 我今天来不了了 得了流感 不想传染给埃迪 希望没给你造成太多麻烦 | |
[01:40] | Can you watch him for me? | 你能帮我照看他吗 |
[01:41] | My mom was supposed to do it, but she just cancelled. | 我妈本来说要来的 但她临时取消了 |
[01:43] | She has the flu or something. | 她说她得了流感之类的 |
[01:44] | Oh, I’d love to, but I have a work thing. | 我很愿意 但我有工作安排了 |
[01:48] | What do you need? | 你需要什么 |
[01:49] | What do you need, bud? You got to help me out. | 你需要什么 你得告诉我呀 |
[03:08] | 第一话 海伦 | |
[03:10] | Amy is an absolute design prophet. | 艾米绝对是设计先知 |
[03:12] | She’s totally omniscient. | 她无所不知 |
[03:14] | She has her hands in every aspect of her business. | 她亲自掌管公司的方方面面 |
[03:17] | She expects everyone to be operating at 100 at all times. | 她期待所有人都时刻保持百分百的状态 |
[03:22] | So what do you think you’d be able to… | 那你觉得你能给公司 |
[03:24] | contribute to the firm? | 带来什么贡献 |
[03:25] | Um… I know I don’t have a design degree, | 我知道我没有设计学位 |
[03:29] | or an, um, NCIDQ certification, | 或美国室内设计资格委员会认证 |
[03:32] | but I’ve been putting houses together my entire life. | 但我这辈子都在设计房子 |
[03:35] | And since I’ve started doing it professionally, | 自从我开始专业做这个之后 |
[03:37] | my client list has grown pretty quickly. | 我的客户增长地也很快 |
[03:39] | I started off with one client, and since… | 一开始我只有一个客户 然后 |
[03:42] | I don’t know– in the past few months, | 我也说不好 过去几个月 |
[03:44] | I’ve already done five other homes. | 我设计了五个住所 |
[03:46] | All on my own, so… | 都是我一个人 所以 |
[03:48] | Well, and who are some of your other clients? | 你还有哪些客户 |
[03:50] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[03:52] | Sasha Mann, | 萨莎·曼 |
[03:54] | Carolina Wineman. | 卡罗莱纳·瓦尔曼 |
[03:57] | Look, my son, uh, just put together this | 听着 我儿子 刚帮我开了一个 |
[03:59] | Instagram… page for me. | 图享的账户 |
[04:02] | I… I held off on social media | 我一直试着 |
[04:05] | for as long as I could, but I had to bite the bullet. | 不踏足社交媒体 但这次没辙了 |
[04:08] | You only have four followers. | 你只有四个粉丝 |
[04:10] | Yeah, my kids. | 对 我的孩子 |
[04:11] | You have four children? | 你有四个孩子 |
[04:13] | Why? | 为什么 |
[04:21] | There’s one more follower. | 又多了一个粉丝 |
[04:22] | Oh. Bringing your grand total up to five. | 那就是一共五位 |
[04:28] | I can’t see who it is, though. | 但我看不到是谁 |
[04:29] | They’re probably private. You have to follow them back. | 对方大概是私人账户 你得关注回去才行 |
[04:33] | Okay. Anyway, um, getting back to | 好吧 总之 说回到 |
[04:35] | what I think I could contribute to the firm… | 我觉得能给公司带来什么贡献 |
[04:37] | Amy | 艾米 |
[04:38] | is actually very good friends | 其实和巴里与 |
[04:40] | with Barry and Carolina Wineman. | 卡罗莱纳·瓦尔曼是好朋友 |
[04:42] | The competition for the open designer position | 自由设计师职位的竞争 |
[04:44] | is pretty fierce. | 非常激烈 |
[04:46] | A recommendation from Carolina would go a long way | 卡罗莱纳给的推荐会帮你 |
[04:49] | in moving your résumé | 从艾米桌山 |
[04:50] | to the top of the huge stack on Amy’s desk. | 厚厚的简历中脱颖而出 |
[04:52] | Why don’t you call Carolina right now? | 不如你现在就打电话给卡罗莱纳吧 |
[04:55] | That is a great idea. | 真是个好主意 |
[04:58] | I think she’s on vacation. | 我觉得她去度假了 |
[05:00] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[05:01] | Far away. | 很远的地方 |
[05:03] | Like, unreachable, really. | 联系不到的地方 |
[05:06] | So… | 所以 |
[05:07] | Who’s unreachable? | 谁联系不到 |
[05:09] | – Amy! – You’re back early! | -艾米 -你回来早了 |
[05:11] | Hi. I’m Helen. | 我是海伦 |
[05:13] | We were just talking about Carolina Wineman. | 我们刚才在说卡罗莱纳·瓦尔曼 |
[05:16] | She’s in town. | 她在城里 |
[05:17] | They were supposed to leave to shoot Barry’s new movie, | 他们本来要去拍巴里的新电影 |
[05:19] | but the funding fell out at the last minute, | 但投资方最后一刻撤资了 |
[05:21] | poor bastard. I’ll tell you this, though. | 可怜的家伙 但我告诉你 |
[05:23] | I was just at his 60th birthday party about a month or so ago, | 我一个月前刚去参加了他的六十岁生日派对 |
[05:27] | and whoever redid their house | 无论是谁装修了他们的房子 |
[05:29] | did a hell of a job. | 简直赞爆了 |
[05:30] | Helen claims that was her work. | 海伦说这是她的杰作 |
[05:33] | I’m sorry. What did you say your name was? | 不好意思 你说你叫什么来着 |
[05:34] | Helen Butler. | 海伦·巴特勒 |
[05:36] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[05:38] | Carolina told me all about you. | 卡罗莱纳说了好多你的事 |
[05:40] | She did? | 真的吗 |
[05:42] | She said you’re a genius. | 她说你是个天才 |
[05:47] | She’s a great lady. | 她是位杰出的女性 |
[06:15] | * Happy birthday to you * | *祝你生日快乐* |
[06:17] | * Happy birthday! * | *生日快乐* |
[06:18] | Okay, all right. Great. Don’t remind me. | 行了 好极了 别提醒我了 |
[06:21] | Mom, come on. I know this isn’t your favorite day ever, | 妈妈 拜托 我知道这不是你最喜欢的日子 |
[06:23] | but can we try to be a little happy? | 但我们能不能开心点 |
[06:24] | Yes, I am happy. | 我很开心 |
[06:26] | I just got that job. | 我刚拿到那份工作了 |
[06:28] | Oh, my God! Congratulations! | 天哪 恭喜你 |
[06:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:32] | I’m really just relieved. | 我真是松了一口气 |
[06:33] | I mean, hopefully, this will cover | 希望这能支付 |
[06:36] | Stacey and Trevor’s tuitions, | 史黛丝和特雷弗的学费 |
[06:37] | and I won’t have to sell the house. | 我也不用卖掉房子 |
[06:39] | Uh, anyway, I’m sorry that I couldn’t go out there with you. | 总之 我很抱歉不能和你一起去 |
[06:42] | I just couldn’t turn down this interview. | 我实在没法拒绝这个面试 |
[06:44] | Mom, it’s okay. | 妈妈 没事 |
[06:44] | Dad and I have the wedding thing totally covered. | 婚礼尽在爸爸和我的掌握之中 |
[06:47] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[06:48] | Yeah, he’s actually been amazing. | 没错 他超棒的 |
[06:50] | We-we got a tent, the rentals, we found a DJ, we have flowers. | 我们买了帐篷 租了地方 找到DJ 还订了花 |
[06:56] | Wow. Okay, um… | 天哪 |
[06:58] | Great. | 太好了 |
[06:59] | I guess when you get back, | 我猜等你回来后 |
[07:00] | we’ll find you the perfect dress. | 我们能给你找件完美的婚纱 |
[07:01] | Oh, no, we found a dress. | 不用 我们找到了 |
[07:03] | You did? | 是吗 |
[07:04] | Yeah. It’s yours! | 没错 是你的 |
[07:06] | Grandma showed you my dress? She hated that dress. | 外婆把我的婚纱给你了 她讨厌那套婚纱 |
[07:09] | No, no, no, it was Dad’s idea. | 不不 是爸爸的主意 |
[07:10] | Oh, shit. I should go. | 糟糕 我该挂了 |
[07:11] | We’re heading back to the city. | 我们要回去了 |
[07:12] | I love you so much! Happy birthday! | 我超爱你 生日快乐 |
[07:14] | B– Love you, too. | 但 我也爱你 |
[07:24] | xtanna99发来新信息 xtanna99和海伦已成为好友 | |
[07:25] | 海伦 我知道这很突然 但我能和你谈谈萨莎吗 很着急 我在市中心活力咖啡店工作 下午三点休息 我们能见一面吗 | |
[07:33] | Christianna. | 克里斯蒂安娜 |
[07:40] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[07:44] | Now going into the fifth week | 现已进入破纪录的 |
[07:46] | of this record-breaking heat wave, | 连续热浪第五周 |
[07:48] | local officials are closely monitoring | 本地政府正密切关注着 |
[07:50] | all areas affected by the drought. | 任何被干旱影响的地区 |
[07:52] | With reservoirs at an all-time low… | 随着水库蓄水量的历史新低… |
[07:59] | Are you Helen Butler? | 你是海伦·巴特勒吗 |
[08:02] | I am. Can I help you? | 是的 我能帮你吗 |
[08:03] | My name’s Mariel Rodriguez. | 我叫玛丽尔·罗德里格斯 |
[08:05] | I’m a social worker from the Los Angeles Department | 是一名社工 来自洛杉矶 |
[08:07] | of Children and Family Services. | 儿童及家庭服务部 |
[08:09] | I’d like to ask you some questions about your neighbor, | 我想问你一些关于你邻居的问题 |
[08:11] | – Sierra James. – Is Sierra okay? | -谢拉·詹姆斯 -谢拉还好吗 |
[08:14] | It’s standard procedure | 与调查对象的 |
[08:15] | to speak with friends and neighbors | 朋友和邻居交谈 |
[08:17] | of the subject of an open investigation. | 是调查的标准程序 |
[08:20] | Okay. Do we need to go inside, or…? | 好吧 我们要进屋吗 还是 |
[08:22] | This won’t take that long. | 不会耽误你太久 |
[08:24] | When was the last time you saw Ms. James | 你上次见到詹姆斯小姐 |
[08:25] | with her child, and how did they appear? | 和她孩子是什么时候 他们状态如何 |
[08:28] | Mm, I-I haven’t seen them | 我已经好几周 |
[08:29] | for a couple weeks, but she seemed… fine. | 没有见到他们了 但她看上去还好 |
[08:32] | Can you be more specific? | 你能再具体些吗 |
[08:34] | A little tired, maybe, but she’s a new mother. | 也许有些疲惫 但她是个新手妈妈 |
[08:36] | That’s to be expected. | 这很正常 |
[08:38] | Anything else? Aberrant behavior? | 还有别的吗 不寻常的行动 |
[08:40] | Drugs and alcohol? Poor decision-making? | 毒品酒精 决策失误 |
[08:42] | Nope. Just tired. | 没有 只是疲惫 |
[08:47] | Uh, can I ask what she’s being investigated for? | 我能问问她为什么被调查吗 |
[08:49] | I’m not at liberty to say. Thank you for your time. | 我不方便透露 谢谢你抽出时间 |
[08:56] | Sierra? | 谢拉 |
[09:05] | Sierra? | 谢拉 |
[09:09] | Sierra, what is going on? Where’s Eddie? | 谢拉 怎么了 埃迪呢 |
[09:12] | He’s… upstairs. | 他在楼上 |
[09:13] | I’m letting him cry it out. | 我在等他哭过劲儿 |
[09:15] | That’s for nighttime, not the middle of the day. | 这是晚上用的方法 不是大白天的 |
[09:18] | I’m just really stressed out right now, okay? | 我就是现在压力很大 好吗 |
[09:21] | Oh. Okay. Well, are you aware | 好吧 你知道 |
[09:23] | you’re being investigated by Child Protective Services? | 儿童保护服务处正在调查你吗 |
[09:26] | It’s not a big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[09:28] | I got into a minor accident a couple weeks back. | 几周前我遇到了小车祸 |
[09:30] | Nobody was hurt. Just, I hit a dumpster. | 没人受伤 就是 我撞到一个垃圾桶 |
[09:32] | But why are social services investigating a car accident? | 那为什么社工要调查车祸 |
[09:35] | Because the car was totaled. | 因为车撞烂了 |
[09:37] | And Eddie was in it. | 而且埃迪在车里 |
[09:39] | Sierra, this is… serious. | 谢拉 这很严重 |
[09:41] | You could lose him! | 你很可能失去他 |
[09:43] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:45] | I’m handling it. | 我在处理 |
[09:46] | – Okay. – Yeah. | -好吧 -嗯 |
[09:49] | Look, I have to go pick up Stacey and Trevor, | 听着 我得去接史黛丝和特雷弗了 |
[09:51] | but you need to get up and get dressed | 但你得起床穿好衣服 |
[09:52] | and clean the fucking house. | 把屋子打扫干净 |
[09:53] | Okay? You are not the first woman on Earth to have a child. | 懂吗 你不是地球上第一个有孩子的母亲 |
[09:58] | You need to grow up and figure out | 你得成熟点 想办法 |
[09:59] | how to take care of that baby! | 怎么照顾那个孩子 |
[10:02] | Since when do you care about him? | 你什么时候开始关心孩子了 |
[10:04] | I… What? | 我… 什么 |
[10:05] | The night that I crashed the car, | 我撞车的那晚 |
[10:07] | I came over to your house, and I asked you for help. | 来过你家 寻求帮助 |
[10:09] | You said you were too busy. | 你说你太忙了 |
[10:13] | And now, suddenly, you care about what happens to us? | 现在突然间你就关心起我们母子俩来了 |
[10:15] | Please. | 拜托 |
[10:16] | Can I have my weed back? | 能把我的大麻还给我吗 |
[10:26] | How about you get the fuck off the couch | 你他妈能离开沙发 |
[10:27] | and go comfort your kid? | 哄哄孩子吗 |
[10:43] | 海伦 不好意思 希望没有吓到你 今天有空吗 | |
[11:04] | Sure. | 好的 |
[11:19] | Thanks for coming all this way. | 谢谢你大老远赶来 |
[11:22] | I hope you like iced lattes. | 希望你爱喝冰拿铁 |
[11:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:25] | I am so sorry for the cryptic messages. I just… | 抱歉我的短信说得含糊不清 我只是… |
[11:28] | I really needed to talk to you. | 我真的需要和你聊聊 |
[11:30] | Look, I could just tell | 我能看出来 |
[11:32] | that you’re not like all of Sasha’s other girlfriends. | 你和萨莎其他的女朋友不一样 |
[11:34] | You’re like a real human being. | 你像个真实的人 |
[11:37] | You’re not just trying to get close to him | 你不是因为他出名 |
[11:38] | because he’s famous. | 而接近他 |
[11:40] | And I can tell he’s really crazy about you, so… | 我能看出来他很喜欢你 所以… |
[11:45] | Has he told you about my mother at all? | 他有跟你说过我妈吗 |
[11:47] | Um, a little. Yeah. | 说过一点 |
[11:49] | He told you she was an addict, right? | 他告诉你她是个瘾君子 是吗 |
[11:52] | Has he told you that he’s the one who got her hooked? | 他有跟你说过是他让她沾染上瘾的吗 |
[11:59] | No. | 没有 |
[12:01] | Or how about the fact that she was the one | 或是在他职业生涯前期 十年来 |
[12:04] | who supported the two of them for an entire decade | 她是那个 |
[12:07] | at the beginning of his career? | 支撑他们两个生活的人吗 |
[12:09] | Did he tell you that? | 他有告诉你吗 |
[12:10] | No, um, I don’t know, but I’m sorry. I didn’t… | 不 我不知道 但我很抱歉 我没有… |
[12:12] | What- what does this have to do with me exactly? | 这和我有什么关系 |
[12:16] | She left me money. | 她给我留了钱 |
[12:18] | My grandparents were rich, | 我的外公外婆很有钱 |
[12:20] | and Sasha’s in charge of it. | 萨莎现在掌控着这笔钱 |
[12:22] | He’s supposed to pay me an income every year, | 他应该每年都我给我钱的 |
[12:25] | but he never does. | 但他从来都不给 |
[12:26] | I mean, I have to practically squat at his house | 我得蹲守在他家 |
[12:28] | to get him to pay me. | 让他付我钱 |
[12:30] | That money that you were asking for is your money? | 你要的是你的钱 |
[12:34] | Well, why would he do that? | 他为什么那么做 |
[12:35] | I had a bad couple of years. | 我有几年过得不太好 |
[12:38] | I fucked up a bit. | 我搞砸了 |
[12:39] | I… tried committing suicide. | 我试过自杀 |
[12:42] | I mean, my mom had just died, for fuck’s sake. | 拜托 我妈刚死 |
[12:45] | But all of that is behind me now. | 但现在一切都过去了 |
[12:47] | I have | 我有 |
[12:48] | an apartment, I have two jobs. | 一间公寓 两份工作 |
[12:50] | I’m writing a book. | 我在写书 |
[12:51] | That’s great. I mean, it sounds – really great. | 那很棒啊 听起来很不错 |
[12:54] | I want to terminate the trust. | 我想终止信托 |
[12:56] | And I need your help | 我需要你的帮忙 |
[12:58] | getting Sasha to listen to reason. | 让萨莎同意 |
[13:00] | I’ll be 21 next month. | 我下个月就21了 |
[13:02] | I should be able to control my own money. | 我应该能自己掌控自己的钱了 |
[13:04] | Why would he keep your mother’s money? | 为什么他保管着你妈的钱 |
[13:05] | He doesn’t need it. | 他并不需要 |
[13:09] | It’s not about the money, Helen. | 和钱没关系 海伦 |
[13:11] | It’s about control. | 是控制欲 |
[13:13] | I mean, control me, and he controls the story I tell. | 控制我 掌控我说的话 |
[13:17] | It’s all about his image. | 全都是他的形象问题 |
[13:18] | That’s the only thing he actually cares about. | 他只关心他的形象 |
[13:24] | Oh, fuck. I’ve got to get back. | 该死 我得回去了 |
[13:26] | I can’t lose this job. | 我不能丢了这份工作 |
[13:28] | Look, can you just talk to him for me? | 你能帮我和他说说吗 |
[13:32] | Please? | 拜托 |
[13:33] | Will you help me? | 你能帮帮我吗 |
[13:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:38] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑一下的 |
[13:51] | Hey. You look great. Do you feel better? | 你看起来不错 感觉好点了吗 |
[13:54] | – Uh, Mariel’s here. – Who? | -玛丽尔在这里 -谁 |
[13:56] | Mariel, my social worker. | 玛丽尔 我的社工 |
[14:00] | – Come in. – Oh, okay. | -进来 -好的 |
[14:08] | Can I get you anything, Mariel? | 要吃点什么 喝点什么吗 |
[14:10] | Tea or biscuits or…? | 茶 饼干还是… |
[14:11] | No, thanks. I’m all right. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[14:17] | There… we go. Okay. | 好了 好了 |
[14:20] | Where are you from? | 你老家是哪的 |
[14:21] | Los Angeles, born and raised. | 土生土长的洛杉矶人 |
[14:23] | Oh, me, too! California girls! | 我也是 加州姑娘 |
[14:26] | Do you have any relatives close by that you can rely on? | 你在附近有可以依靠的亲戚吗 |
[14:29] | Uh, yes. My- my mother is close by. | 有 我妈离得很近 |
[14:31] | Would you like some cheese? | 你要来点奶酪吗 |
[14:33] | Uh, what is your mother’s name? | 你妈叫什么 |
[14:35] | Her name is, um, Adeline Taylor. | 她叫艾德琳·泰勒 |
[14:37] | And your mother lives in Los Angeles? | 你妈住在洛杉矶吗 |
[14:39] | Uh, her- her primary residence is Los Angeles, yes. | 她主要住在洛杉矶 |
[14:43] | Um, but she’s an actress… | 但她是演员… |
[14:44] | …so she moves around a lot | 所以她到处飞 |
[14:46] | “Primary residence.” | “主要住所” |
[14:47] | Does that mean she has multiple homes? | 那意味着她有很多房子吗 |
[14:49] | It’s okay. Yes. | 好了 是的 |
[14:50] | Yeah. Oh, my gosh. | 我的天 |
[14:52] | I’m so sorry about the racket. | 抱歉这么乱 |
[14:53] | I totally forgot about Eddie’s sweet potatoes. | 我忘了给埃迪做的甘薯了 |
[14:56] | I make all of his food from scratch. | 他的食物都是我自己做的 |
[14:58] | It’s okay. Just one sec. | 没事的 等一下 |
[15:00] | Okay. Okay… | 好了 好了 |
[15:04] | Hi. | 你好啊 |
[15:06] | You have the instincts of a panther, Helen. | 你有黑豹般的本能 海伦 |
[15:08] | Lucky you were there. | 幸好有你在 |
[15:10] | A- Are you leaving already? | 你要走了吗 |
[15:12] | Yes, I- I think I have everything I need. | 是的 我觉得我已经收集到我需要的所有信息了 |
[15:14] | You don’t want to ask me some more questions, or… | 你不想再问些问题吗 或者… |
[15:15] | Have a nice day. | 祝愉快 |
[15:23] | It’s okay. Ooh. | 没事的 |
[15:24] | H- Hang on, hang on one second. | 等 等一下 |
[15:28] | Uh, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[15:30] | Ma’am, um, you’re, uh… | 女士 你… |
[15:32] | Mariel, um, can you tell me what the next steps are? | 玛丽尔 你能告诉我下一步是什么吗 |
[15:35] | I’m sorry, I can’t share that with anyone but Ms. James. | 抱歉 相关信息我只能告诉詹姆斯女士谈 |
[15:38] | Okay, but hypothetically, if it was an investigation | 好 但假如 有像这样对谢拉的调查 |
[15:40] | like Sierra’s, what- what- what would the next… | 那下一步… |
[15:43] | Hypothetically, if the subject of an investigation | 假如 调查的目标 |
[15:45] | is found to be an unfit parent, | 被发现是不合格的父母 |
[15:47] | the subject’s child would be removed | 目标的孩子会被送到 |
[15:49] | from the home and placed with the next of kin. | 血缘关系最近的亲属那里 |
[15:52] | Like her mother? | 比如她妈吗 |
[15:53] | I really can’t talk about this anymore. | 我真的不能再说了 |
[16:05] | Sierra. | 谢拉 |
[16:06] | – Sierra, it’s okay. – It’s not. It’s not. | -谢拉 没事的 -不 有事 |
[16:08] | It’s not. I can’t do anything right. | 有事 我什么都做不好 |
[16:11] | – I’m gonna end up killing him. – Oh, no, you’re not. | -我会害死他的 -不 你不会的 |
[16:14] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不会的 |
[16:15] | It was one mistake. I mean, this- this period is- is… | 就是一个错误 在这个阶段… |
[16:19] | it’s an adjustment. | 是调整期 |
[16:20] | And all mothers make mistakes. | 所有的妈妈都会犯错误 |
[16:22] | No, you don’t understand. | 不 你不明白 |
[16:24] | I- I can’t get out of bed in the morning. | 我早上起不来床 |
[16:28] | I just lay there staring at the ceiling and I… | 我就是躺着盯着天花板 我… |
[16:31] | I can’t stop thinking, I can’t stop thinking about… | 我不禁想 我不禁想… |
[16:34] | hurting myself, and I just want to leave him somewhere | 伤害自己 我想把他扔在什么地方 |
[16:38] | so that somebody will find him and, | 这样有人能找到他 |
[16:39] | and I think they should just take him away from me now | 我觉得他们现在应该带走他 |
[16:42] | so that he doesn’t have to remember me. | 这样他就不用记住我 |
[16:43] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[16:45] | Oh, God. Sierra. | 天啊 谢拉 |
[16:50] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[16:51] | Will you listen to me? | 你能听我说吗 |
[16:53] | I think that you need some help, okay? | 我觉得你需要帮助 好吗 |
[16:57] | All right? You’re not equipped to do this on your own. | 好吗 你自己做不了 |
[17:02] | How come everybody can do this but me? | 为什么除我以外的所有人都可以 |
[17:10] | I don’t think that you should be alone right now. Hmm? | 我觉得你现在不应该一个人待着 |
[17:14] | So why don’t you and Eddie come stay with me for a while? Hmm? | 你和埃迪去我家待一会儿 |
[17:17] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好 -好 |
[17:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:20] | We’ll get you some help. | 我们会想到办法的 |
[17:34] | Surprise! | 惊不惊喜 |
[17:35] | Oh, Jesus Christ, wow. | 我的天 |
[17:36] | – Hey. – Hey. How you doing? | -你好啊 -你怎么样 |
[17:40] | I thought you were in the Sahara? | 我以为你在撒哈拉大沙漠 |
[17:41] | – Or something… – Well, production got shut down. | -或是什么… -制作停止了 |
[17:43] | I mean, uh, civil unrest | 乍得内乱 |
[17:45] | in Chad or something. | 还是什么的 |
[17:46] | Don’t know. Whatever. Doesn’t matter. | 不知道 管他呢 不重要 |
[17:48] | Can you pack a quick bag? | 你能简单收拾一下吗 |
[17:49] | Uh, we’ve got a jet waiting for us at Van Nuys | 我们到范纽斯坐喷气式飞机 |
[17:51] | and a reservation at the French Laundry in two hours. | 我预订了两小时后在法国洗衣店餐厅用餐 |
[17:54] | Hi. How are you? | 你好啊 过得怎么样 |
[17:55] | Hi. | 你好 |
[17:56] | I- I can’t go to San Francisco. | 我不能去旧金山 |
[17:59] | I mean, my kids are in there. They’re making me dinner. | 我的孩子们在这里 他们要给我做晚饭 |
[18:01] | What the fuck do you mean? | 你他妈什么意思 |
[18:02] | Helen, I flew 15 hours to surprise you. | 海伦 我坐了15个小时飞机就是为了给你个惊喜 |
[18:05] | Have you got any idea | 你知道 |
[18:05] | how hard it is to get a- a charter out of Chad during civil war? | 在乍得内乱的时候搞架飞机有多难吗 |
[18:09] | – No. – Well, it’s hard. | -不知道 -非常难 |
[18:14] | I’m sorry, I can’t. I mean, I just… | 抱歉 我不能去 我只是… |
[18:17] | I can’t. Sorry. | 我不能去 对不起 |
[18:19] | Well, whatever. | 好吧 随便了 |
[18:20] | You just take these, then. | 那你收着这些吧 |
[18:21] | Uh, it was supposed to say “happy birthday,” | 本来应该是”生日快乐”的 |
[18:23] | but, uh, somehow my assistant fucked up. | 但我的助理搞砸了 |
[18:25] | I mean, you’re- you’re welcome | 你可以来 |
[18:26] | to come in and join us. | 和我们一起吃晚饭 |
[18:27] | Um, I mean, it’s no French Laundry, | 虽然不是法国洗衣店餐厅 |
[18:30] | and- and we’ll be with my kids and… | 我们会和我的孩子待在一起… |
[18:32] | But… | 但… |
[18:33] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[18:35] | Love to. | 我愿意 |
[18:37] | Yeah. | 好 |
[18:40] | Okay, cool. | 好的 |
[18:43] | Um, you know, I picked up a few tricks | 在我几年前演厨师的时候 |
[18:45] | when I played a chef some years back. | 我学了几招 |
[18:46] | – Do you want me to take over? – I’m good. | -你想让我来做吗 -不用了 |
[18:50] | This is my dad’s recipe. | 这是我爸的秘方 |
[18:51] | Oh. Your dad’s. | 你爸的 |
[18:57] | Mmm. Stacey, that’s an awful lot of sauce, isn’t it? | 史黛丝 酱放太多了吧 |
[19:01] | Nope, it’s just right. | 不多 正好 |
[19:02] | Sasha. | 萨莎 |
[19:03] | Let her do it. | 让她做 |
[19:05] | Yeah, sure. | 好 |
[19:06] | Sorry. Just trying to help. | 抱歉 我只是想帮忙 |
[19:11] | Are you sure you’re all right? | 你确定你没事吗 |
[19:13] | Oh, uh, Mom hates her birthday. | 妈讨厌生日 |
[19:15] | Yep, even when we were kids, | 是的 甚至在我们还小的时候 |
[19:17] | she wouldn’t let us get her a cake. | 她都不让我们给她做蛋糕 |
[19:19] | My dad would make a lasagna, | 我爸会做千层面 |
[19:22] | stick a candle in it, and that’d be it. | 插支蜡烛 给她过生日 |
[19:24] | Birthday finito. | 生日特餐 |
[19:27] | What a shock you left him. | 怪不得你离开了他 |
[19:31] | I didn’t, actually. He left me. | 事实上并不是 是他离开了我 |
[19:33] | Hello again. | 再次问候 |
[19:34] | Hi. | 你好 |
[19:35] | How’s your baby? | 你的孩子怎么样了 |
[19:37] | Uh, he’s asleep. Thank God. | 睡着了 谢天谢地 |
[19:40] | See, that’s why I never had kids. | 看 所以我不想要孩子 |
[19:42] | I’m just absolutely useless without my sleep. | 我睡不好的话就完全是个废物 |
[19:47] | So, | 所以 |
[19:48] | it’s set in the future. | 故事发生在未来 |
[19:50] | Two astronauts meet by chance | 两个宇航员 |
[19:51] | on the International Space Station. | 碰巧在国际太空站相遇 |
[19:53] | They fall desperately in love, but their love is doomed | 他们相爱了 但他们的爱情注定没有结果 |
[19:57] | because they’re being sent off on two different missions | 因为他们被派往太空深处相反的方向 |
[19:59] | in opposite directions deep in the bowels of space. | 执行两个不同的任务 |
[20:05] | Quite the little tragedian, isn’t she? | 是个小小悲剧作家 是吗 |
[20:08] | I wasn’t finished. | 我还没讲完 |
[20:11] | Anyways, they try to forget each other. | 不管怎样 他们努力忘记对方 |
[20:13] | They build completely new lives with new people. | 和新人建立起全新的生活 |
[20:16] | But it hurts, you know? | 但很痛苦 |
[20:17] | Because deep down, they secretly still love each other. | 因为在内心深处 他们仍然爱着对方 |
[20:21] | Until one day, they run into each other again | 直到有一天 他们再次相遇 |
[20:25] | on the opposite side of the galaxy. | 在银河系的另一边 |
[20:28] | Out in space? | 在太空中 |
[20:29] | That’s very convenient, isn’t it? | 那倒是挺方便 不是吗 |
[20:31] | Because all this time | 因为一直以来 |
[20:32] | they thought they were moving away from each other, | 他们以为在互相远离彼此 |
[20:35] | they were actually in orbit. | 但他们在一个轨道运行 |
[20:38] | They were always meant to meet again. | 最终总会相遇 |
[20:44] | I need more wine. | 我还得来点酒 |
[20:49] | I think it’s a very beautiful story, Stacey. | 我觉得这是一个非常美丽的故事 史黛丝 |
[20:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:59] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[21:01] | – Is Sierra here? – Um… | -谢拉在这里吗 -嗯… |
[21:02] | – Hi, babe. – Mom? | -嗨 宝贝 -妈妈 |
[21:04] | I’m so sorry to just come over like this, | 我很抱歉就这样过来 |
[21:06] | but you’re not answering your phone, | 但你不接电话 |
[21:09] | and this Mariel woman keeps calling me. | 一个叫玛丽尔的女人一直打电话给我 |
[21:11] | She says she’s your social worker? | 说她是你的社工 |
[21:12] | Hi, I’m Helen. | 我是海伦 |
[21:14] | – I’m her neighbor. – Oh, you’re the neighbor. | -我是她的邻居 -你就是她的邻居 |
[21:15] | – Yeah. Hi. – Right, right. Hi. | -是的 你好 -对 对 你好 |
[21:17] | Adeline Taylor. | 艾德琳·泰勒 |
[21:18] | – It’s so nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you. | -很高兴见到你 -很高兴见到你 |
[21:20] | Sweetie, we got to go. Can you get Eddie? | 亲爱的 我们得走了 你能去抱上埃迪吗 |
[21:22] | Um, where are we going? | 我们要去哪里 |
[21:24] | Um, well, | 这样 |
[21:25] | first, we’re gonna go back to my house. | 首先 我们先回我家 |
[21:27] | And I got a terrific baby nurse for Eddie. | 我给埃迪找了个很棒的保姆 |
[21:29] | And Dr. Miller says he can take you tonight. | 米勒医生说他今晚就可以接待你 |
[21:31] | No. Mom, please, I don’t want to go there. | 不 妈妈 求你了 我不想去那儿 |
[21:34] | Honey, he’s doing us a tremendous favor, | 亲爱的 他是在帮我们一个大忙 |
[21:36] | and it’s all gonna be very private, which is good, | 一切都会很私密 这很好 |
[21:39] | because if the press gets ahold of this, | 因为如果媒体知道了这件事 |
[21:40] | they will have a field day. | 他们就乐坏了 |
[21:41] | Mom, nobody even knows who I am. | 妈妈 没人知道我是谁 |
[21:44] | Of course they do, sweetheart, | 他们当然知道 亲爱的 |
[21:45] | because they know who I am. | 因为他们知道我是谁 |
[21:47] | But if we get ahead of this, we can control it. | 但如果我们抢先一步 我们就能控制它 |
[21:51] | All right? But we need to go tonight. | 好吗 但我们今晚就得去了 |
[21:53] | Adeline? | 艾德琳 |
[21:56] | Sasha Mann? | 萨莎·曼 |
[21:58] | What the fuck are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[22:02] | Sierra’s my daughter. | 谢拉是我的女儿 |
[22:04] | Fuck, no way. | 不可能 |
[22:06] | You’re, like, you’re 35. | 你看起来像35岁 |
[22:07] | I love you. | 我爱你啊 |
[22:08] | Oh, what are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[22:12] | – I’m with, um… – Helen. | -我和… -海伦 |
[22:14] | – I’m with Helen. – Oh, thank God. | -我和海伦在一起 -谢天谢地 |
[22:15] | For a second, thought you were… | 刚才我还以为… |
[22:17] | Well, okay, Cupid. | 好了 丘比特 |
[22:19] | Your style’s changing a bit. | 你风格略有改变呀 |
[22:20] | Hey, I haven’t seen you since, like… | 我自从布达佩斯的 |
[22:22] | Well, that press junket in Budapest, for fuck’s sake. | 那次记者招待会后就没见过你了 |
[22:23] | What are… What is she talking about? | 她在说什么 |
[22:25] | Um, she wants to institutionalize me. | 她想让我住精神病院 |
[22:28] | – What? – Yeah, Dr. Miller is, um… | -什么 -是的 米勒医生… |
[22:31] | He works at a psych ward. | 他在精神病区工作 |
[22:32] | She, um, she put me in there | 她在我十几岁的时候 |
[22:33] | when I was a teenager. | 让我住过医院 |
[22:36] | “The sun is rising. | 太阳正在升起 |
[22:37] | You have no dreams. Your life is over. | 你没有梦想 你的生活结束了 |
[22:40] | Action!” | 开拍 |
[22:43] | – It’s so good to see you. – So good to see you. | -见到你真高兴 -见到你也真高兴 |
[22:46] | Sierra, honey, we really got to go. | 谢拉 亲爱的 我们真的得走了 |
[22:49] | Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[22:52] | Yeah, I think… | 我想… |
[22:53] | I know you’ve been away for a few months, | 我知道你已经离开几个月了 |
[22:55] | but I live next door, | 但我住在隔壁 |
[22:56] | and we spend quite a bit of time together, and I think… | 我们很多时候都在一起 我想… |
[23:00] | Sierra is suffering from postpartum depression. | 谢拉患有产后抑郁症 |
[23:04] | Are you a doctor? | 你是医生吗 |
[23:06] | No. | 不是 |
[23:08] | That’s funny, | 真有趣 |
[23:09] | because you sounded like a doctor. | 因为你听起来像个医生 |
[23:11] | Yeah, I just think she needs some childcare. | 我只是觉得她需要有人帮她照顾孩子 |
[23:13] | And a therapist. | 还需要一个心理医生 |
[23:14] | I don’t think she needs to be institutionalized. | 我认为她不需要住精神病院 |
[23:16] | Institutionalized? | 住精神病院 |
[23:17] | I mean, it’s called rehab. | 我是说 那里叫戒瘾所 |
[23:21] | If she’s clean, we’ll leave. | 如果她体内没有毒品 我们就离开 |
[23:22] | If she’s not, it’s the best place for her. | 如果她没有 那是对她来说最好的地方 |
[23:24] | Helen, perhaps we should stay out of this. I mean, | 海伦 也许我们不该插手这事 我是说 |
[23:27] | let the ladies sort it themselves. It’s not really… | 让她们自己解决 真的不是… |
[23:29] | It’s none of our business, is it? | 这不关我们的事 不是吗 |
[23:30] | Perhaps you should stay out of this. | 也许你应该别插手这件事 |
[23:39] | Do you mind if I just talk to my daughter privately for a moment? | 你介意我和我的女儿单独聊几句吗 |
[23:55] | Look, | 听着 |
[23:56] | all I’m saying is that | 我只是想说 |
[23:58] | this is kind of your Achilles’ heel, isn’t it? | 这是你的致命弱点 不是吗 |
[24:00] | I wish you would stop trying to turn me | 我希望你不要把我想帮助别人 |
[24:01] | wanting to help people into a pathology. | 说成是一种病 |
[24:03] | Helen, her mother is a movie star. | 海伦 她的妈妈是一个电影明星 |
[24:05] | She’s got all the money and resources in the world. | 她有一切的钱和关系 |
[24:07] | Well, I know this might be hard for you to believe, | 我知道这让你觉得很难理解 |
[24:09] | but sometimes people need more than money | 但有的时候人不止需要钱 |
[24:12] | – thrown at their problems. -I just think you fill your life | -来解决问题 -我只是觉得 |
[24:14] | with other people’s problems | 你用别人的问题来填满了你的生活 |
[24:15] | in order to avoid addressing your own. That’s all I’m saying. | 而避免面对自己的问题 我没有别的意思 |
[24:18] | Do you think this is fun for me? | 你觉得我想要这样吗 |
[24:21] | Spending all this time with the woman | 和一个我男朋友出轨的女人和他们的孩子 |
[24:22] | my boyfriend cheated on me with and their baby? | 在一起这么长时间 |
[24:25] | Then why do you do it? | 那你为什么要这么做呢 |
[24:26] | Because she needs help. | 因为她需要帮助 |
[24:28] | She’s barely hanging on. | 她快要撑不住了 |
[24:30] | Her mother is a psychopath. | 她妈妈是个精神病 |
[24:31] | I’ve tried to hate her. Believe me. | 我试过恨她 相信我 |
[24:34] | But I c… I can’t. | 但是我… 我不能 |
[24:35] | She’s just… She’s too… | 她只是… 她太… |
[24:37] | pathetic to hate. | 可怜了 |
[24:39] | Perhaps you do it | 也许你这么做 |
[24:41] | because you hate her. | 正是因为你恨她 |
[24:43] | What? | 什么 |
[24:44] | Helen, people will go to crazy lengths | 海伦 人们会拼命的 |
[24:46] | to avoid feeling that feeling. | 避免那种感觉 |
[24:49] | All right, well… | 好吧… |
[24:52] | Speaking of people you hate, | 说起你恨的人 |
[24:53] | guess who I had coffee with today. | 猜猜我今天和谁一起喝咖啡了 |
[24:56] | Christianna. | 克里斯蒂安娜 |
[24:57] | Christianna. Why? | 克里斯蒂安娜 为什么 |
[24:59] | She reached out to me. | 她主动联系我的 |
[25:01] | But how’d she find you? | 但她怎么找到你的 |
[25:03] | What does it matter? | 这有什么关系 |
[25:04] | Well, you’re kind of hard to track down. | 你很难被找到 |
[25:05] | You’re not on social media or anything. | 你不在社交媒体或是什么别的上 |
[25:07] | Why don’t you want me to talk to her? | 你为什么不想让我和她说话 |
[25:08] | Because why would you? | 因为你为什么想 |
[25:09] | She asked me for help getting through to you. | 她想通过我来联系你 |
[25:12] | She says the money’s hers. | 她说钱是她的 |
[25:14] | Oh. She told you about Lily’s trust, did she? | 她告诉你莉莉的信托基金了 是吗 |
[25:17] | – Yeah. – Mm-hmm. | -是的 -好 |
[25:18] | Did she tell you she’s writing a book? | 她告诉你她在写书了吗 |
[25:20] | I think so. | 告诉我了 |
[25:22] | Book about me? | 关于我的书 |
[25:24] | No. | 没说这个 |
[25:28] | Listen, I know she can be very convincing, | 听着 我知道她很有说服力 |
[25:30] | but she’s lying. | 但她在撒谎 |
[25:31] | She’s full of horseshit. I mean, | 她满嘴胡话 我是说 |
[25:34] | Lily and I loved each other, Helen. | 莉莉和我彼此相爱 海伦 |
[25:37] | I met her when Christianna was five, | 我在克里斯蒂安娜五岁的时候认识她 |
[25:38] | and I helped raise her. | 我帮助抚养她长大 |
[25:39] | We were a family. | 我们曾是一家人 |
[25:42] | But when Christianna became a teenager, | 但是当克里斯蒂安娜十几岁的时候 |
[25:43] | she got this asshole boyfriend | 她有个混蛋男友 |
[25:45] | that convinced her to break into Lily’s phone | 说服她让她破解莉莉的手机 |
[25:47] | and steal these photos of me and Lily naked, | 偷了我和莉莉裸体的一些照片 |
[25:49] | and Christianna went and sold them. | 克里斯蒂安娜去卖掉了 |
[25:51] | After that, Lily put a stipulation | 从那以后 莉莉在克里斯蒂安娜的信托基金上 |
[25:53] | in Christianna’s trust | 立下一条规矩 |
[25:55] | that if she wanted her grandparents’ money | 如果当她成人后 |
[25:57] | when she was an adult, | 她想要她外祖的钱 |
[25:58] | she could not disparage me or Lily publicly. | 她不能公然蔑视我们 |
[26:01] | – And has she? – No, not yet. | -她这么做了吗 -还没有 |
[26:05] | But she’s written this tell-all book, | 但她写了这本全盘托出的书 |
[26:07] | and she wants to publish it. | 她想出版 |
[26:09] | She gets her inheritance in full when she’s 25, | 她知道她在25岁时就可以拿到这笔钱 |
[26:12] | which gives me four years to change her mind. | 这就给了我四年时间来改变她的想法 |
[26:16] | I mean, why… why did Lily put you in charge of her trust? | 为什么莉莉让你管理她的基金 |
[26:18] | Because she trusted me, Helen. | 因为她信任我 海伦 |
[26:22] | Christianna says you never send the checks. | 克里斯蒂安娜说你从没给过她钱 |
[26:24] | Mm-hmm, because I don’t know where she lives. | 因为我不知道她住在哪 |
[26:26] | She’s a grifter. | 她到处漂 |
[26:27] | She moves around every six months. | 她每六个月搬一次家 |
[26:29] | You know, why don’t you just give her the money | 你为什么不把钱给她 |
[26:30] | and let her publish the book if you have nothing to hide? | 让她出版这本书 如果你没什么好隐瞒的话 |
[26:32] | For fuck’s sake! | 我的天 |
[26:34] | That would ruin my career. | 那会毁了我的事业 |
[26:36] | I’ve worked too hard for too long | 我工作太辛苦了 |
[26:38] | to throw my whole life away | 我不能把这一切都扔掉 |
[26:40] | just because Christianna is angry that her mother died | 只是因为克里斯蒂安娜对她母亲的死很生气 |
[26:42] | and wants to blame it on somebody. | 想责怪别人 |
[26:44] | She says you got her mother hooked on drugs. | 她说是你让她妈妈吸毒 |
[26:46] | Are you f… | 你是在… |
[26:48] | Are you fucking kidding me? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[26:58] | Your ex-husband did a truly amazing job of fucking you over. | 你的前夫在毁了你这件事上做的真是出色 |
[27:02] | But if you don’t trust me by now, | 但如果你现在不相信我 |
[27:05] | I don’t know what the fuck to tell you. | 我不知道还能跟你说什么 |
[27:15] | Sierra, honey, | 谢拉 亲爱的 |
[27:16] | go get Eddie. We’re really late. | 去抱埃迪 我们真的迟到了 |
[27:19] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么事 |
[27:21] | I’m gonna go and see Dr. Miller, | 我要去看米勒医生 |
[27:24] | and my mom is gonna take, uh, care of Eddie | 我妈妈要在我接受治疗的时候 |
[27:27] | while I get some help. | 照顾埃迪 |
[27:31] | Oh, Sierra, there has to be some other option. | 谢拉 一定还有别的办法 |
[27:34] | No, I don’t think so. | 不 没别的办法 |
[27:37] | What if I take him? | 我来照顾他怎么样 |
[27:39] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[27:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[27:42] | You can stay here as long as you like, | 你可以一直住在这里 |
[27:44] | and I’ll try to find someone to come here and help you. | 我试着找一个人来帮助你 |
[27:46] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[27:47] | She’s his mother. | 她是他的妈妈 |
[27:48] | I don’t think they should be separated right now. | 我认为这时候他们不该分开 |
[27:54] | Hey, I’m beat. | 我累死了 |
[27:55] | I’ve been awake for 24 hours, | 我已经24小时没睡觉了 |
[27:57] | so if you’ll excuse me. | 我先走了 |
[27:59] | Um, Adeline, wonderful to see you. | 艾德琳 很高兴见到你 |
[28:02] | – Call me. – I will. | -打电话给我 -我会的 |
[28:03] | – We’ll have lunch or something. – We will. Bye. | -我们可以约着吃午饭什么的 -好的 再见 |
[28:12] | I-I can tell you care about my daughter. | 我能感觉出你很关心我女儿 |
[28:16] | Many people do. | 很多人都关心她 |
[28:18] | She has a knack for finding those people | 她有找到 |
[28:19] | who want to save her, | 想拯救她的人的本事 |
[28:22] | but then they just end up enabling her addictions | 但这些人却只能助长她的毒瘾 |
[28:25] | and laziness | 和懒惰 |
[28:26] | and her refusal to accept any responsibility | 和拒绝对她的生活 |
[28:29] | for her life. | 承担任何责任 |
[28:31] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[28:33] | Oh, I’m sorry. I’m not saying you’re… | 对不起 我不是说你… |
[28:36] | one of those people. | 你是这种人 |
[28:37] | I-I don’t know you. | 我不了解你 |
[28:39] | But I do know my daughter. | 但我了解我女儿 |
[28:44] | She’s sweet and beautiful, | 她又甜美又漂亮 |
[28:47] | but she’s also a fuckup, and she needs professional help. | 但她也一团糟 需要专业人士的帮助 |
[28:52] | She doesn’t need another… | 她不需要另一个 |
[28:54] | well-intentioned hanger-on. | 似乎有好意的人 |
[28:58] | What the fuck is wrong with you? | 你他妈的怎么了 |
[29:02] | Why do you think I’m such a fuckup, Mom? | 为什么你觉得我一团糟 妈妈 |
[29:06] | Did you know that until I met Helen, | 你知道直到我认识海伦 |
[29:08] | I didn’t even realize there were people in the world | 我才知道这个世界上有人 |
[29:09] | who loved their kids just for being alive? | 只为孩子活着而爱他们 |
[29:12] | Just because they fucking existed? | 只因为他们的存在 |
[29:15] | You should see her with her kids. | 你应该看看她怎么对她的孩子 |
[29:17] | She’s amazing. | 她是个称职的母亲 |
[29:18] | She loves them. | 她爱他们 |
[29:19] | She just fucking loves them. | 深深地爱着他们 |
[29:21] | They can fuck up or, or say something stupid | 他们可以做错事 或者说错话 |
[29:24] | and it’s like she doesn’t even notice. | 她根本不会放在心上 |
[29:27] | If I ever had a-a pimple on my face, | 如果我脸上长了个疙瘩 |
[29:29] | you would tell me you couldn’t even look at me. | 你会说你没法看着我的脸 |
[29:31] | I stopped eating because you said | 我节食是因为你说 |
[29:32] | you’d rather have a dead daughter than a fat one. | 如果我变胖了还不如死了 |
[29:34] | I was kidding. | 我是开玩笑的 |
[29:36] | It wasn’t fucking funny. | 那并不好笑 |
[29:39] | You didn’t want a daughter. | 你不想要女儿 |
[29:40] | You just wanted a doll | 你只是想要个洋娃娃 |
[29:42] | that you could dress up and parade around | 你可以给它打扮 带它到处去逛 |
[29:44] | and bring to interviews when you needed | 当你需要的时候带它去接受采访 |
[29:46] | – to seem more human. – Oh, my God, oh, my God, oh, my God. | -让你看起来更接地气 -我的天 |
[29:47] | I tried so hard. | 我很努力了 |
[29:49] | My parents were useless. | 我的父母都没什么用 |
[29:51] | Rich and famous | 有钱 有名 |
[29:52] | – and useless. – Oh, my God. | -但是没用 -我的天 |
[29:54] | They had their assistant | 我五岁的时候 |
[29:56] | take me to get my tonsils out when I was five. | 他们让助理带我去摘扁桃体 |
[29:59] | I did not want that to be your childhood. | 我不想你的童年也是那样 |
[30:02] | I wanted you with me. | 我想你在我身边 |
[30:04] | I-I-I wanted us to be in this together. | 我希望我们能在一起 |
[30:07] | You know, but I guess I fucked up. | 但我想我搞砸了 |
[30:09] | I-I pushed you too hard or I protected you too much. | 我把你逼得太紧 或者说我对你的保护太过 |
[30:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:14] | I think I was just so afraid | 我想我只是很害怕 |
[30:16] | of the scrutiny you were gonna be under | 你将会受到的关注 |
[30:18] | because you were my kid. | 因为你是我的孩子 |
[30:21] | It’s a scary world, Sierra. | 这是个可怕的世界 谢拉 |
[30:27] | The only thing that I’m scared of, Mom, | 妈妈 在这世上 |
[30:29] | in the whole world, | 我唯一害怕的 |
[30:31] | the whole entire world… | 在整个世上 |
[30:34] | is you. | 就是你 |
[30:44] | How do you two know each other again? | 你们怎么认识的来着 |
[30:48] | Don’t do that, Mom. | 不关你的事 妈妈 |
[30:52] | Right. | 好吧 |
[30:54] | She… | 她… |
[30:56] | fucked your dying husband | 跟你快死的老公搞上了 |
[30:58] | and then got pregnant and had his baby? | 接着怀孕并生下了他的孩子 |
[31:03] | Well, technically, he wasn’t my husband. | 他还不算我老公 |
[31:08] | And you really feel you have her best interests at heart. | 你真心觉得你是以她的利益为先 |
[31:14] | Life is short, Adeline. | 生命短暂 艾德琳 |
[31:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:21] | Sierra, I’ll see you tomorrow. | 谢拉 明天见 |
[31:38] | Do you mind if I just go to bed? | 我去睡觉了 你不介意吧 |
[31:41] | – I’m… very tired. – Of course. | -我很累 -当然 |
[31:45] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[31:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:09] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[32:15] | 第二话 诺亚 | |
[32:16] | Well, I kind of like the cover art they chose. | 我挺喜欢他们选的封面图 |
[32:19] | It’s, like, bare trees in a winter wood. | 冬天树林里光秃秃的树枝 |
[32:21] | It’s kind of haunting. | 冲击力挺强的 |
[32:22] | It’s a beautiful book, Noah. | 书写得很好 诺亚 |
[32:23] | – It really is. -Thanks. | -真的 -谢谢 |
[32:24] | Thank you. And thank you for your blurb. | 谢谢 还要感谢你帮我宣传 |
[32:26] | – I’m really grateful. – I loved reading it. | -非常感激 -我很喜欢看 |
[32:30] | I’m sorry about your mom, by the way. | 你母亲的事 我很遗憾 |
[32:32] | That part was true, wasn’t it? | 那部分是真的 对吗 |
[32:35] | I had no idea back at school. | 上学那会儿我都不知道 |
[32:37] | Well, nobody did. | 没人知道 |
[32:38] | You know what I find sort of interesting, | 你知道吗 随着我的成长 |
[32:40] | now that I’m getting older? | 我发现了一件有趣的事 |
[32:42] | All those people I thought were so cool back when I was young? | 那些我年轻时以为他们很酷的人 |
[32:45] | Just effortlessly cool… | 就那种骨子里透出来的酷 |
[32:48] | Those people were in so much pain. | 那些人都承受着很大的痛苦 |
[32:50] | You think? | 真的吗 |
[32:52] | To a person. | 对一个人来说 |
[32:53] | There’s no such thing as being cool when you’re young. | 小时候哪来的什么酷不酷 |
[32:55] | There’s just different degrees of terrified | 只不过心中都有不同等级的恐惧 |
[32:57] | and how adept you are at hiding it. | 看你把它藏得有多好 |
[32:59] | Which is inversely proportional, in my opinion. | 在我看来 那是成反比的 |
[33:02] | I love you, Ariel. | 我爱你 艾瑞尔 |
[33:04] | I love you, too, Noah. | 我也爱你 诺亚 |
[33:08] | It feels like things are finally | 看起来你也终于 |
[33:09] | coming back together for you, huh? | 时来运转了 对吗 |
[33:14] | You want to get a coffee? | 想喝杯咖啡吗 |
[33:15] | – I’m buying. – Sure. | -我请 -当然 |
[33:24] | Can I ask you something? | 问你个问题 |
[33:26] | I got a call a couple of days ago | 前几天我接到个电话 |
[33:28] | from a reporter who’s doing this long-form story | 有一个记者在写一篇长篇报道 |
[33:30] | about me and my “resurrection.” | 关于我和我的”重生” |
[33:32] | Where? For what? | 谁啊 为什么 |
[33:34] | Vanity Fair. | 《名利场》的 |
[33:37] | No, it’s great, but… | 这是好事 但… |
[33:39] | she asked me about this, uh, | 她问了我一件事 |
[33:42] | publicist I had on the Descent tour… | 我在《坠落》宣传中的公关 |
[33:46] | who, apparently, has said that I… | 很显然她说我… |
[33:50] | I don’t know, tried to seduce her or something. | 我不知道 勾引她什么的 |
[33:53] | Tried to seduce her? | 尝试勾引她 |
[33:55] | Pressured her into sleeping with me. | 强迫她跟我上床 |
[33:58] | That’s different. | 这不一样 |
[33:59] | I know… I know. | 我知道 |
[34:02] | I mean, I-I don’t know what she meant, | 我不知道她什么意思 |
[34:03] | but, I mean, she kind of blindsided me. | 她让我很措手不及 |
[34:05] | What did you say? | 你说了什么 |
[34:06] | Well, I told her it wasn’t true. | 我告诉她那不是真的 |
[34:07] | Which it wasn’t. | 事实就是这样 |
[34:08] | The opposite, in fact. | 事实正好相反 |
[34:10] | I mean, she was throwing herself at me the whole time. | 一直以来都是她送上门 |
[34:16] | What, you don’t believe me? | 怎么 你不信我 |
[34:17] | I didn’t say that. | 我可没说 |
[34:18] | But you don’t. | 但你就是不信 |
[34:20] | I’m telling you, she was, she was pretty aggressive. | 老实说 她很有野心 |
[34:23] | Okay, so what are you worried about? | 好吧 所以你在担心什么 |
[34:26] | Well, I don’t know. Nothing, I guess. | 我不知道 也不担心吧 |
[34:28] | It’s probably fine. | 也没什么事 |
[34:31] | The reporter didn’t seem that interested, actually. | 那个记者似乎也没有很大兴趣 |
[34:32] | She was probably just doing due diligence, but… | 也许她只是在做尽调 但… |
[34:38] | I mean, this publicist, Eden, | 这个公关 伊顿 |
[34:39] | she can’t just make shit up about me, right? | 她不会去瞎编和我的故事吧 |
[34:42] | You know you don’t have the best reputation | 你知道你在这方面 |
[34:44] | around this stuff, right? | 向来名声不是很好吧 |
[34:47] | Ariel, that was in college, that was 30 years ago. | 艾瑞尔 那是大学的事 30年前了 |
[34:49] | That’s not what I’m talking about. | 我说的不是这个 |
[34:50] | I’m talking about your current reputation, Noah. | 我说的是你现在的名声 诺亚 |
[34:53] | In the community. | 在整个圈子里 |
[34:55] | What community? | 什么圈子 |
[34:56] | The publishing world. | 出版行业的圈子 |
[34:58] | You’re seen as something of a loose cannon. | 大家都觉得你是那种我行我素的人 |
[35:01] | What? | 什么 |
[35:02] | Why? | 为什么 |
[35:04] | Well, you’ve had a storied past. | 你过去的新闻太多了 |
[35:07] | You went to prison, after all. | 毕竟你还进过监狱 |
[35:09] | Well, that’s just fucking ridiculous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[35:10] | I went to prison for my… | 我进监狱是为了我的… |
[35:14] | For what? | 为了什么 |
[35:17] | Never mind. | 不提了 |
[35:19] | I don’t deserve that. | 他们不应该这样想我 |
[35:20] | I-I-I have the most boring fucking life. | 我的一生索然无味 |
[35:22] | I work, I write, I see my kids, | 工作 写作 看孩子 |
[35:25] | and I try to be a good person, that’s it. | 试着去做个好人 就这样 |
[35:28] | I know you do. | 我知道 |
[35:31] | But, look… when you got out of prison, | 但你出狱那会 |
[35:33] | you were a little bit angry, right? | 你的脾气有点不好 对吧 |
[35:37] | A little bit bitter? | 你有些怨愤 |
[35:39] | Sure. Prison sucks. | 当然 坐牢的滋味可不好 |
[35:41] | Right, well… | 是啊 |
[35:43] | Do you remember teaching a class | 你记得你教过一个班 |
[35:44] | with a student named Audrey in it? | 里面有个学生叫奥德丽吗 |
[35:46] | Audrey Nelson? | 奥德丽·尼尔森 |
[35:49] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[35:51] | Were you not very nice to her? | 你对她是不是不怎么好 |
[35:55] | Well, I was as nice to her | 我对她挺好的 |
[35:56] | as I was to anyone else in that class. Why? | 跟其他人没什么区别 怎么了 |
[35:59] | She’s written a book. | 她写了一本书 |
[36:01] | Good for her. | 很厉害 |
[36:02] | Apparently, you’re in it. | 很显然 她写了你 |
[36:04] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[36:06] | She doesn’t name you directly, but it’s a memoir | 她没有指名道姓 但那是本自传 |
[36:09] | about her abusive relationship with an older male professor. | 内容是关于她和一个年长的男教授之间的虐恋 |
[36:13] | She’s going around town, | 她在城里到处跟人说 |
[36:14] | telling people that the character is based on you. | 那个人物原型是你 |
[36:19] | The book is getting a lot of buzz. | 那本书很受欢迎 |
[36:37] | Look, Noah, I can’t say that I am entirely surprised. | 诺亚 我不能说我很惊讶 |
[36:41] | Nowadays, you can’t be too careful. | 如今 你越小心越好 |
[36:42] | These accusations are coming from anywhere. | 你不知道什么时候就会天降横祸 |
[36:45] | Luckily, we are prepared. | 幸运的是 我们所有准备 |
[36:47] | You’re gonna really love Joyce. | 你会爱死乔伊斯的 |
[36:48] | She’s like the MVP of our firm these days. | 她最近是我们事务所的头牌 |
[36:51] | So, how you been otherwise? | 你最近怎样 |
[36:53] | Excited for the Descent premiere? | 《坠落》要首映了 你一定很兴奋吧 |
[36:55] | We are gonna do a rerelease | 我们将再出一版 |
[36:57] | with Sasha Mann’s face on the cover | 用萨莎·曼的脸来做封面 |
[36:59] | to coincide with the opening. | 跟首映保持一致 |
[37:00] | Get you some more moola. | 多给你点钱 |
[37:02] | Want to see the cover art? | 想看看封面吗 |
[37:04] | Not really. | 不必了 |
[37:05] | I’m sure it’s fine. | 肯定很好看 |
[37:09] | Sit, sit. | 坐 |
[37:10] | – I’m Joyce. – Hey. I’m Noah. | -我是乔伊斯 -我是诺亚 |
[37:13] | So… | 那么 |
[37:15] | Harry filled me in on most of the details. | 哈利跟我说过大部分细节了 |
[37:19] | The reporter is Petra Ranes from Vanity Fair. | 那个记者是《名利场》的佩特拉·瑞斯 |
[37:23] | And this woman, | 这个女人 |
[37:24] | Eden Ellery, she used to work with us, right? | 伊顿·埃勒里 她曾与我们共事过 |
[37:27] | Right, she was our in-house publicist about ten years ago. | 对 十年前他们是我们内部的宣传人员 |
[37:30] | She left a few years before you arrived. | 你来之前她就离开有几年了 |
[37:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:35] | And this alleged incident happened over ten years ago? | 所谓的这件事是十年前发生的吗 |
[37:38] | “Alleged incident”? | “所谓的事” |
[37:38] | – Nothing happened. – That’s right. | -没什么事啊 -对 |
[37:40] | It seems a little convenient, doesn’t it? | 这太凑巧了吧 |
[37:42] | Just when he’s got a movie and a new book coming out, | 他刚接了部电影 发了本新书 |
[37:44] | suddenly she remembers being harassed? | 突然间她就记起来自己曾被侵犯了 |
[37:47] | No, I didn’t harass her. | 我没有侵犯过她 |
[37:49] | Noah, it’s okay. We’re on your side. | 诺亚 没事 我们是你这边的 |
[37:51] | And so you want to know | 所以你想知道 |
[37:52] | what to give her as a statement? | 该怎么来回应她 |
[37:53] | He already gave her a statement. | 他已经回应了 |
[37:57] | Without talking to anyone? | 没事先跟人谈过吗 |
[37:59] | I didn’t know I was supposed to. | 我不知道我应该先找人谈谈 |
[38:01] | Well, what did you say? | 那你说了什么 |
[38:04] | Basically, I said no. | 基本上我就否认了这件事 |
[38:06] | Do you remember exactly what you said? | 你记得自己说了什么吗 |
[38:10] | But you denied it? | 但你就是否认了 |
[38:12] | – Yeah. – Well, we can call | -是的 -我们可以打电话问问 |
[38:14] | and we can find out exactly what he said, can’t we? | 看看他到底说了什么 可以吗 |
[38:16] | I don’t know. We can try, but she may not give it to us. | 我不知道 试试咯 但她也许不会说 |
[38:18] | Guys, there’s no truth to this story. | 这件事就是捏造的 |
[38:21] | None at all? | 根本没这回事吗 |
[38:22] | No. I mean… | 没有 我是说… |
[38:25] | I remember Eden was very flirtatious, | 我记得伊顿她很骚 |
[38:28] | and I think maybe I kissed her in my hotel room, but… | 我想也许我在酒店房间里亲了她 但… |
[38:32] | it was totally consensual. | 这都是你情我愿的 |
[38:34] | And you weren’t married at the time. | 那时你还没结婚 |
[38:36] | No, I-I was married. | 不 已经结了 |
[38:38] | I was married to Alison, | 我和艾莉森结了婚 |
[38:39] | but, look, I know I wasn’t the best guy at that time. | 但我知道我那时候也不是什么好人 |
[38:42] | I know that. Everybody knows that. | 我知道 大家都知道 |
[38:43] | I mean, so much of what the Jack Hunter book is about | 杰克·亨特那本书里大部分写的 |
[38:45] | is me wrestling with who I was | 都是我在我是谁 |
[38:47] | and what I did and why. | 和我做了什么以及原因中的挣扎 |
[38:48] | But there’s a difference between poor judgment | 但判断失误和犯罪之间 |
[38:50] | and being a criminal, right? | 还是有差别的 对吧 |
[38:53] | – Well… – For fuck’s sake, of course there is. | -那个… -妈的 这当然有区别 |
[38:55] | All I’m saying is that the court of public opinion | 我的意思是舆论法庭 |
[38:58] | isn’t as… rigorous | 并不像法庭 |
[39:01] | as the court of law these days. | 那样严谨 |
[39:02] | But, unfortunately, | 但不幸的是 |
[39:03] | that’s where many of these cases are being tried. | 很多案子就这样被审判的 |
[39:06] | Do we have any way of getting to Eden at this point? | 我们现在有方法联系伊顿吗 |
[39:09] | Surely we-we have her contact information somewhere. | 我们应该还有她的联系方式 |
[39:11] | That would leave us incredibly exposed. | 那只会让我们暴露在危险中 |
[39:14] | God forbid she turns that around and gives it to the reporter. | 谁知道她会不会转头就把料给记者 |
[39:16] | Oh, fuck, I didn’t think of that– | 该死 我没想到 |
[39:18] | Guys, this is idiotic. | 这太蠢了吧 |
[39:20] | I misspoke. | 我说错话而已 |
[39:21] | I should just call up Petra and tell her, okay, yes, | 我应该直接打给佩特拉 告诉她是的 |
[39:24] | there was a flirtation, | 我们是有暧昧过 |
[39:25] | but it was completely consensual. | 但那完全是你情我愿的 |
[39:26] | – That’s the truth. – What do you think? | -这就是真相 -你怎么想 |
[39:29] | I think it’s risky, reopening the subject. | 我觉得很冒险 哪壶不开提哪壶 |
[39:32] | She might potentially interpret that as an admission of guilt. | 她可能会把这理解为你承认了 |
[39:36] | We could try to kill the piece completely. | 我们可以试着扼杀这篇报道 |
[39:38] | – What? – I-I’d rather we didn’t, Joyce. | -什么 -还是不要吧 乔伊斯 |
[39:40] | This is a very important moment for Noah and his career. | 现在这个时刻对诺亚和他的事业都很重要 |
[39:44] | Not to mention, such great PR for the book. | 更别提 对书也是很好的宣传 |
[39:47] | Look, if we do go back to Petra, | 如果我们回去找佩特拉 |
[39:51] | we need to arm you with some very specific language. | 我们要给你准备一些特定的说法 |
[39:54] | I need you to talk about how much you admire Eden– | 我需要你去说你有多爱慕伊顿 |
[39:57] | actually, no, Ms. Ellery– for stepping forward. | 不 要说埃勒里女士肯站出来 |
[40:01] | How you respect women | 你要说你很尊重女性 |
[40:02] | and support the #MeToo movement | 并支持”我也遭遇过运动” |
[40:04] | as a long-overdue correction of the wrongs in our society. | 因为这是我们社会中早该纠正的错误 |
[40:08] | How you assumed | 你要说你以为 |
[40:09] | that your interactions with Ms. Ellery were consensual, | 你和埃勒里女士的接触都两厢情愿的 |
[40:12] | but if you misread her intentions, | 但如果你让她产生了误会 |
[40:15] | you truly apologize for any– | 你很抱歉 |
[40:17] | I-I’m not apologizing. | 我不会道歉 |
[40:18] | That’s not what I’m saying– | 我不是那个意思 |
[40:19] | You literally just said “apologize.” | 你刚刚就说了”道歉”这个词 |
[40:20] | I’m just trying to help you get ahead of this. | 我这是在帮你先声夺人 |
[40:23] | If she’s going to accuse you– | 如果她要指控你 |
[40:24] | She can’t accuse me if I did nothing wrong. | 如果我没做错事 她没法告我 |
[40:26] | We’re both adults, we had a flirtation. | 大家都是成年人 不过调了下情 |
[40:29] | That’s just the fucking truth. | 这就是事实 |
[40:31] | Harry, you know me. Come on, back me up here. | 哈利 你了解我的 帮我说说话 |
[40:35] | I think you should do just what Joyce says. | 我觉得你应该按乔伊斯说的做 |
[40:38] | Look, she’s handled a few of these scandals for us already. | 她已经帮我们解决了不少丑闻 |
[40:40] | She knows what she is talking about. | 她知道自己在说什么 |
[40:44] | You can’t just invent reality. | 你不能就这么创造现实 |
[40:47] | Certain things happen, other things don’t. | 有些事发生了 有些没有 |
[40:49] | The reason it’s called “truth” is ’cause you can prove it. | 之所谓事实是事实 因为你可以去证明 |
[40:51] | If you can’t prove it, | 如果你证明不了 |
[40:53] | then it’s just your fucking opinion. | 那只不过是你的一面之词 |
[40:55] | Okay. I will set a call with you, me and Petra, | 好 那我跟你和佩特拉来一次三人电话会议 |
[40:59] | and I will explain that you would like to clarify your comment. | 我会说你想澄清一下自己的先前的评论 |
[41:01] | No, ple… no, I can do that on my own. | 不必了 我自己可以做 |
[41:03] | We should do this call together. | 我们应该一起 |
[41:05] | Yeah, with all due respect, | 我无意冒犯 |
[41:07] | that’s gonna look like I-I have something to hide. | 但这样看起来像是我在隐瞒什么 |
[41:09] | Look, I’m in town, maybe I just go see her. | 不如我亲自去见她 |
[41:12] | – Is that a good idea? – No. | -那样好吗 -不 |
[41:13] | For fuck’s sake, Harry, | 该死 哈利 |
[41:14] | you ask her when you want to wipe your own ass? | 你擦屁股是不是也要先问过她 |
[41:16] | Is she running this place now? | 她是这里的老大了 |
[41:17] | Noah. These are very precarious times, | 诺亚 现在是非常时期 |
[41:20] | and men like you have a target on their backs. | 你这样的人就是他们的活靶子 |
[41:24] | Okay, fine. Sorry. | 好吧 对不起 |
[41:27] | Look, I-I gave an answer that was glib. | 我当时回答得不太好 |
[41:31] | I just want to go back and correct it. | 我就想回去纠正我的错误 |
[41:32] | Can’t I do that? | 不可以吗 |
[41:35] | Noah, let us handle this. | 诺亚 交给我们吧 |
[42:02] | So, thanks for letting me drop in on you like this. | 谢谢你让我这样不请而来 |
[42:04] | Are you kidding? I’m delighted. | 开什么玩笑 我很高兴 |
[42:06] | It’s nice to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[42:08] | I, I just happened to be down here in the neighborhood, | 我正巧在这附近 |
[42:11] | and it occurred to me | 我突然想起来 |
[42:12] | that your office was around here somewhere, so… | 你的办公室好像在这 |
[42:14] | Please. | 请坐 |
[42:17] | – It’s such a great building. – It really is. | -这栋楼真不错 -确实 |
[42:20] | Where were your offices before the, | 双子塔倒之前 |
[42:22] | before the Towers came down? | 你的办公室在哪 |
[42:24] | You know, I wasn’t here. | 之前我不在这 |
[42:26] | I was still in school. | 那时我还在学校 |
[42:28] | Of course. | 当然 |
[42:29] | – Oh, God, I’m so sorry. – Don’t be. | -抱歉 -不用 |
[42:32] | Where were you? | 你呢 |
[42:34] | I was in Brooklyn. | 我在布鲁克林 |
[42:35] | My daughter was, | 我女儿 |
[42:36] | I had just dropped her at preschool | 我刚把她送到幼儿园 |
[42:38] | and, I was walking back to the subway | 正回去坐地铁的路上 |
[42:40] | and I heard the news. | 听到了这个消息 |
[42:41] | Now she’s getting married. | 现在她都要结婚了 |
[42:43] | In fact, that’s why I’m over here. | 所以我过来了 |
[42:44] | I’m helping her plan the wedding. | 我在帮她策划婚礼 |
[42:46] | Time flies. | 时间飞逝 |
[42:48] | It really does. | 没错 |
[42:53] | So, anyway, I was, I was thinking about | 我在想 |
[42:55] | the conversation we had the other day, | 我们那天说的话 |
[42:57] | and, while I was driving, | 我刚刚开车的时候 |
[43:00] | and I just wanted to clarify my answer to you, | 我想跟你澄清下我的先前回答 |
[43:02] | – if that’s okay with you. – Of course. | -如果可以的话 -当然 |
[43:05] | Would you mind if we, if we talked without the– | 我们可不可以不开… |
[43:07] | Off the record? | 不开录音 |
[43:08] | Yeah, that’s… yeah, that’s the term. | 是的 没错 |
[43:11] | Of course. | 当然 |
[43:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:15] | So I think I was just surprised by your question, | 我想我当时被你的问题惊到了 |
[43:18] | because it’s been so long since, | 因为也挺久了 |
[43:20] | Ms. Ellery and I had any, | 埃勒里女士和我之间 |
[43:22] | had any, involvement with each other, and… | 我们之前很久没有任何联系了 |
[43:25] | So much has happened since then, | 在那之后发生了很多事 |
[43:26] | I-I guess I needed more time to | 我想我需要更多时间 |
[43:27] | to really, truly remember what-what happened between us | 去回忆在那么多年前的新书宣传中 |
[43:30] | on that book tour all those years ago. | 我们之间到底发生了什么 |
[43:31] | And the truth is that, | 事实是 |
[43:35] | Ms. Ellery and I, we did engage in some flirtation. | 埃勒里女士和我确实有过一些暧昧 |
[43:39] | But it never went beyond that. | 但仅此而已 |
[43:41] | I see. | 我懂 |
[43:42] | Thanks for the clarification. | 谢谢你的澄清 |
[43:44] | Do you mind if I ask some follow-up questions? | 你介意我追问几个问题吗 |
[43:49] | Of course. Yeah, that’s why I’m here. | 当然 我来都来了 |
[43:50] | I want to be completely transparent. | 就没什么好隐瞒的 |
[43:52] | So, then you never had sex? | 你们没上过床吗 |
[43:56] | No. No. | 没有 |
[43:59] | No. I mean, I, I respected Eden– | 没有 我很尊重伊顿 |
[44:01] | Ms. Ellery. I-i… | 埃勒里女士 我… |
[44:04] | And she was a colleague doing a, doing a job, | 她是在工作的一位同事 |
[44:06] | and I-I supported that. | 我也很支持 |
[44:08] | Ms. Ellery, when we spoke, | 我和埃勒里女士交谈时 |
[44:09] | mentioned a party in the Hamptons | 她提到过汉普顿的一个派对 |
[44:12] | at the home of a producer named Rodney Callahan. | 在一个名叫罗德尼·卡拉汉的制作人家里 |
[44:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[44:16] | You didn’t pressure her into sex that night? | 那晚你没强迫她跟你发生关系吗 |
[44:18] | Absolutely not. | 绝对没有 |
[44:19] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[44:21] | Yeah, I’m sure. | 确定 |
[44:21] | I-I remember the night very well. | 那晚我记得很清楚 |
[44:23] | It was… it was the night my second wife went into labor. | 那晚我的第二任妻子正好要生产了 |
[44:27] | And there was a giant hurricane, which was flooding the roads, | 当时飓风来袭 路都被淹了 |
[44:29] | and I-I was… doing everything in my power | 我当时在竭尽所能 |
[44:32] | to try and make it home to her. | 试着回家去照顾她 |
[44:34] | That sounds dramatic. | 太戏剧化了吧 |
[44:36] | Yeah… well, it all worked out. | 是啊 但都解决了 |
[44:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:41] | Well, I… | 我… |
[44:42] | appreciate your candor. | 谢谢你的坦白 |
[44:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[44:50] | Actually, Noah, | 诺亚 |
[44:52] | do you mind if I ask a few more questions? | 我还想再问你几个问题 |
[44:54] | I was gonna have someone call you to fact-check, | 我本来还打算叫人找你来核查事实 |
[44:56] | but as long as I’ve got you here… | 但你都来了 |
[44:59] | Of course. | 当然 |
[45:01] | Do you mind if we… go on the record? | 可以录音吗 |
[45:04] | Sure. | 当然 |
[45:08] | Okay, so I wanted to go back to the origins of Descent. | 我想先回到《坠落》这本书 |
[45:13] | I found out, from other interviews you gave at the time, | 我从你那时接受的一些采访里发现 |
[45:16] | that much of it was written in a rubber room | 你大部分写作都是在一个橡皮屋里进行的 |
[45:18] | where you were sent on probation | 当时你从国王科技大学 |
[45:20] | from your teaching job at Kings Science and Tech. | 被送去那里服缓刑 |
[45:23] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[45:24] | Why were you there? | 你为什么在那 |
[45:28] | I’d recently split with my wife, | 我当时刚和我妻子分开了 |
[45:30] | and I’d had a… | 我和… |
[45:32] | completely consensual liaison with another teacher. | 另外一名老师有了些完全两厢情愿的联络 |
[45:37] | “Liaison”? | “联络” |
[45:38] | I can’t think of any other way to describe it. | 我不知道该怎么描述 |
[45:41] | Zoe Sobler, right? | 佐伊·索伯勒对吗 |
[45:43] | She was a student teacher at the time. | 她那时是名实习老师 |
[45:44] | So, under your supervision? | 归你管 |
[45:47] | No, no, she wasn’t… | 不是 |
[45:49] | She-she was a student teacher, | 她是实习老师 |
[45:50] | but she wasn’t under my supervis… | 但并不归我管 |
[45:51] | I mean, she-she never… | 她从没有 |
[45:52] | she didn’t teach in my classroom. | 在我的教室里上过课 |
[45:53] | She didn’t report directly to you– | 你想说的是 |
[45:54] | is that what you’re saying? | 她并不是直接向你汇报 |
[45:55] | No. I mean, yes. | 不是 你说得对 |
[45:57] | That-that is what I’m saying. | 我就是这个意思 |
[45:58] | She didn’t report to me. | 她不向我汇报 |
[45:59] | Okay. So I had that wrong. | 好吧 那是我的消息错误 |
[46:00] | Well, I’m sure there are records that could prove– | 肯定有记录可以证明的 |
[46:02] | Likewise, do you remember a student | 那你记得你在利文斯顿 |
[46:04] | from your seminar at Livingston? | 研讨班里的一个学生吗 |
[46:07] | Audrey Nelson. | 奥德丽·尼尔森 |
[46:11] | Yes. Yeah. | 记得 |
[46:12] | I understand she has a new memoir coming out. | 我听说她发行了一本自传 |
[46:14] | I’m so proud of her, it’s… | 我很为她骄傲 |
[46:17] | Yeah, I read it. | 是的 我读过了 |
[46:19] | It’s very good. | 写得挺好 |
[46:20] | 《如何毁掉一个女孩》 奥德丽·内尔森 | |
[46:21] | But, most of it centers | 但大部分内容都集中在 |
[46:23] | around the main character’s relationship | 主角和她研讨班教授的 |
[46:25] | with her seminar professor, | 情感上 |
[46:27] | an aging white novelist | 他是一名年长的白人小说家 |
[46:29] | who is verbally and emotionally abusive. | 在语言和情感上都有虐待过她 |
[46:33] | At one point he literally tells her | 有一次 他告诉她 |
[46:35] | that she can’t be a writer because she has no inner life. | 她没法成为作家 因为她没有内心生活 |
[46:40] | She also describes a conversation | 她还描述了一段对话 |
[46:42] | in which the professor claims | 她说那个教授说 |
[46:44] | that sex doesn’t need to be consensual | 性爱并不需要两情相悦 |
[46:46] | in order for a woman to enjoy it. | 才能让女人享受其中 |
[46:51] | Noah, | 诺亚 |
[46:52] | are you the professor in that book? | 你是那本书里的教授吗 |
[46:57] | I, I mean, possibly, I… | 可能吧 我… |
[47:00] | But if so, then she has taken | 如果是那样 她只是利用了一些 |
[47:03] | a few very nuanced and complicated conversations, | 我们间很微妙又复杂的谈话 |
[47:06] | completely out of context. | 完全是断章取义 |
[47:08] | I spoke to Audrey. | 我和奥德丽聊过 |
[47:10] | Okay. So that question was rhetorical. | 所以你是在反问我 |
[47:12] | She paints you as a rather unapologetic misogynist. | 她说你是个绝不悔改的厌女者 |
[47:15] | A misogynist? I… | 厌女者 我… |
[47:18] | For fuck’s sake, Petra, I-I-I was… | 天啊 佩特拉 我… |
[47:20] | I’d just gotten out of jail when I was teaching that seminar. | 我教那个研讨班的时候才刚出狱 |
[47:23] | I-I had even attempted suicide, so, yes, | 我甚至还自杀未遂 是的 |
[47:26] | in my state of mind at that time of my life, | 我当时的心理状态 |
[47:29] | I was probably… | 大概… |
[47:31] | not the greatest kind of instructor. | 不怎么适合当老师 |
[47:33] | But… | 但… |
[47:36] | to tell her I wasn’t responding to her material | 我对她的写作没感觉 |
[47:38] | is not a criminal act. | 并不是犯罪 |
[47:41] | She’s obviously trying to… | 很显然她是想… |
[47:43] | conflate the current political climate | 利用现在的政治气氛 |
[47:45] | with my very brief association with her | 把我跟她的短暂交往 |
[47:46] | in order to direct attention to her book. | 变成为她的书博取关注的手段 |
[47:49] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[47:51] | Come on, you’re an intelligent woman. | 拜托 你是个聪明女人 |
[47:52] | Isn’t that obvious to you? | 你不觉得这很明显吗 |
[47:57] | Audrey told me that much of Descent was autobiographical. | 奥德丽告诉我《坠落》的很多内容其实是自述 |
[48:01] | Your second wife, Alison Bailey, | 你第二任妻子 艾莉森·贝利 |
[48:03] | committed suicide. | 自杀死亡 |
[48:05] | Could that be, in any way, | 有没有可能 |
[48:06] | related to your depiction of her in that book? | 和你在书中对她的描写有关 |
[48:15] | Noah. | 诺亚 |
[48:29] | Yeah. I understand. We will. | 是的 我明白 我们会的 |
[48:33] | Well, you’ve been so helpful. | 你帮了我们大忙 |
[48:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[48:39] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢你抽时间 |
[48:42] | You’re fucked. | 你完了 |
[48:47] | I am having déjà vu. | 我有一种既视感 |
[48:51] | Yeah, right. | 是啊 |
[48:52] | How in the flying fuck | 到底怎么回事 |
[48:55] | did we end up back here again, Noah? | 又沦落到这种境地 诺亚 |
[48:58] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[49:01] | What can I do, Jon? | 我能做些什么 乔恩 |
[49:05] | Well… | 那个… |
[49:06] | …normally, in a case like this, | 一般这种情况 |
[49:07] | we would go after your accuser. | 我们会去找攻击你的人 |
[49:10] | What’s her name? Emily. | 她叫什么 艾米丽吗 |
[49:12] | Eden. | 伊顿 |
[49:14] | I mean, with a name like that, | 叫这种名字的人 |
[49:15] | no wonder she fucked you. | 怪不得会来上你 |
[49:19] | Standard procedure | 标准流程是 |
[49:21] | would be to try to discredit this Eden character, | 我们试着给这个伊顿泼脏水 |
[49:23] | try to establish a history of sexual promiscuity. | 给她编造一个滥交史 |
[49:26] | Better yet, mental illness. | 最好再来点神经病 |
[49:28] | Then we may have a fighting chance. | 这样我们可能还有机会 |
[49:31] | Did she ever mention anything | 她有提过 |
[49:32] | about sleeping with other clients? | 她跟其他客户上床的事吗 |
[49:35] | What? No. | 什么 没有 |
[49:38] | I’ll have a… | 我会… |
[49:39] | an intern scour her social media accounts. | 找个实习生翻看进她的社交媒体账户 |
[49:42] | Maybe we’ll find something. | 也许会有所发现 |
[49:43] | Worst comes to worst, | 最坏的情况 |
[49:44] | we’ll hire a private investigator. | 我们去请个私家侦探 |
[49:46] | Well, how’s that gonna help? | 那有什么用 |
[49:48] | Well, if we can discredit Miss Eden, | 如果我们能让伊顿小姐身败名裂 |
[49:51] | we may be able to threaten Vanity Fair | 我们也许可以用诽谤诉讼 |
[49:52] | with a character defamation lawsuit. | 来威胁《名利场》 |
[49:55] | Though just because she fucked around | 虽然她到处乱搞 |
[49:57] | doesn’t mean she wanted to fuck you. | 但并不意味着她想跟你上床 |
[49:59] | I didn’t fuck her, Jon. | 我没和她上过床 乔恩 |
[50:00] | And, honestly, in this day and age, | 老实说 今时今日 |
[50:01] | they’ll probably tell us to go fuck ourselves | 他们大概会让我们一边凉快去 |
[50:03] | and go publish it anyway. | 然后把故事发行出去 |
[50:06] | Shit. | 该死 |
[50:09] | Now that I’m thinking about it, | 我现在想的是 |
[50:10] | the smarter play here… | 怎么才能出奇制胜 |
[50:14] | We got to get to the girl. | 我们得去找这个女孩 |
[50:16] | Convince her to retract. | 说服她撤回控诉 |
[50:20] | What do you know about her? | 你了解她吗 |
[50:22] | Does she need money? Can she be bought? | 她需要钱吗 我们可以收买她吗 |
[50:24] | – What does she have to lose? – I don’t know. | -她有什么输不起的 -我不知道 |
[50:26] | I-I don’t understand why she’s doing this to me. | 我不知道她为什么要这样对我 |
[50:28] | I really don’t. | 真的不知道 |
[50:31] | We got along great. | 我们以前相处融洽 |
[50:32] | We were friends. | 我们那时还是朋友 |
[50:38] | Maybe if I could just reach out to her | 也许我可以联系一下她 |
[50:39] | and ask her what she wants– | 问问她到底想怎样 |
[50:41] | No, for Christ’s sake, Noah, | 天啊 不 诺亚 |
[50:43] | under no circumstances are you to contact this woman. | 无论如何你都不能去联系这个女人 |
[50:45] | But nothing happened between us. | 但我们之间没有发生过什么 |
[50:47] | I don’t care if you fucked her, if she fucked you, | 我不在乎你们是不是上过床 |
[50:49] | if you shoved carrots up each other’s asses and ate them, | 是不是还往对方屁眼里插过萝卜并吃了 |
[50:52] | do not reach out to this woman. | 不要联系这个女人 |
[50:54] | Jon, I went to prison for three years | 乔恩 我坐了三年牢 |
[50:55] | for a crime I didn’t commit. | 而我根本没有犯过罪 |
[50:57] | Don’t remind me. | 别提醒我 |
[50:58] | It was the nadir of my professional career. | 那是我职业生涯的低谷 |
[51:00] | I know I’m not guilty here. | 这件事上我也无罪 |
[51:01] | How can it be possible there’s nothing else I can do? | 怎么可能我没有其他办法 |
[51:03] | I’m sorry, Solloway, | 抱歉 索洛维 |
[51:04] | it’s like the French Revolution out there right now. | 现在外面就像法国革命一样 |
[51:06] | The best I can offer is we hire a private investigator, | 我只能说咱们可以雇个私家侦探 |
[51:09] | we see if she’s retained a lawyer, | 看看她是否请了律师 |
[51:11] | and we float some under-the-table settlement for her silence. | 我们私下找她和解 |
[51:15] | I don’t have the money to pay for a private investigator. | 我请不起私家侦探 |
[51:17] | Or Eden. Or you. | 或者收买伊顿 或者雇你 |
[51:20] | I’m putting my daughter’s wedding on credit. | 我借钱给我女儿准备婚礼 |
[51:24] | Been banking on this book and this movie to… | 我一直希望这本书这部电影 |
[51:27] | put me back in the black. | 可以让我的生活回到正轨 |
[51:32] | I should call my crisis PR girl right away. | 我应该立即打给我的危机公关 |
[51:36] | She’s the best. Anthony Weiner. | 她很棒 安东尼·韦娜 |
[51:37] | Eliot Spitzer. Weinstein. | 艾略特·斯必泽 韦斯坦因 |
[51:39] | But she fired him. | 但她把他炒了 |
[51:42] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[51:44] | All right. | 好吧 |
[51:46] | I’ll set up a call for all of us tomorrow. | 明天我们开个电话会议 |
[51:49] | We’ll discuss next steps in case the worst happens. | 我们讨论下下一步怎么做 以防万一 |
[51:51] | In the meantime, go home. | 与此同时 回家去 |
[51:53] | Cancel all public appearances. | 取消所有公众活动 |
[51:55] | And, for crying out loud, | 那什么 |
[51:56] | keep your hands to yourself. | 别再鲁莽行事了 |
[51:59] | And circle your wagons. | 打打预防针吧 |
[52:01] | Meaning what? | 什么意思 |
[52:04] | Tell your family. | 告诉你家人 |
[52:14] | Flight 117 to Tel Aviv | 117次航班飞往特拉维夫 |
[52:17] | will now be departing from Gate 45. | 将于45号门登机 |
[52:26] | 作者见面会 12月15日 晚上9点 洛杉矶最后的书店 | |
[52:30] | Fuck, that’s tonight. | 该死 是今晚 |
[52:39] | Good afternoon, passengers. | 各位乘客下午好 |
[52:41] | This is a pre-boarding announcement for Flight 1537 | 这是1537次航班的登机前广播 |
[52:45] | to Los Angeles. | 本次航班飞往洛杉矶 |
[52:46] | We are now inviting those passengers with small children | 请带小孩的旅客 |
[52:50] | and passengers requiring special assistance | 以及需要特殊照顾的旅客 |
[52:53] | to begin boarding at this time. | 现在可以开始登机 |
[52:55] | Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. | 请准备好您的登机牌和身份证 |
[52:58] | Regular boarding will begin in ten minutes. | 十分钟后将开始正常登机 |
[53:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[53:08] | 反馈已发送 谢谢你 请查看你确认邮件 | |
[53:28] | …of the Art Seidenbaum Award for First Fiction, | 获得了塞登鲍姆艺术奖的最佳处女作奖 |
[53:31] | Armando Solis. | 阿曼多·索利斯 |
[53:37] | Thank you. Thank you, L. A. Times. | 谢谢 谢谢《洛杉矶时报》 |
[53:41] | English wasn’t my first language, | 英语并非我的母语 |
[53:43] | but it was the language I chose to… | 但我选择用它 |
[53:45] | give voice to this first piece of fiction, | 来写我的处女作 |
[53:49] | this first declaration of self. | 我的第一次自我宣言 |
[53:51] | And I think it was the only choice, | 我认为这是唯一的选择 |
[53:52] | because English makes no sense. | 因为英文是不合理的 |
[53:55] | I-In a wonderful way. | 换句话说吧 |
[53:56] | Really. It has less of a road map, | 真的 它缺乏网络 |
[53:59] | less…internal logic. | 缺乏内在联系 |
[54:29] | Eden, | 伊顿 |
[54:30] | I just want to talk to you. | 我想和你谈谈 |
[54:31] | Noah, I’m a publicist, | 诺亚 我是做公关的 |
[54:33] | and I’m gonna give you some professional advice for free. | 我可以给你一些免费的专业意见 |
[54:36] | Walk away. Right now. | 赶紧走吧 |
[54:38] | Did you say all those things about me to Petra? | 那些关于我的事是不是你跟佩特拉说的 |
[54:40] | I talked to Petra, yes. | 我是和佩特拉聊过 |
[54:43] | Okay, now, I have a very different memory | 好的 但当晚发生的事 |
[54:45] | of what happened between us that night. | 我记得的和你说的完全不同 |
[54:49] | We-we were friends, weren’t we? | 我们以前是朋友 不是吗 |
[54:51] | We-we were having fun. | 我们相处得很开心 |
[54:52] | – I worked for you. – But– | -我为你工作 -但… |
[54:55] | It was my job to keep you happy. | 我的职责是让你开心 |
[54:57] | Even as your demands got more and more ridiculous. | 即使后来你的要求越来越多 越来越无理 |
[55:00] | What demands? | 什么要求 |
[55:01] | That I come to your hotel room. | 叫我去你酒店房间 |
[55:03] | When you were drunk. | 当时你还喝醉了 |
[55:05] | Come on. Eden, that’s not what happened. | 伊顿 根本不是那样的 |
[55:07] | That I do drugs with you. | 我和你一起嗑药 |
[55:11] | That I have sex with you. | 然后和你做爱 |
[55:13] | Eden, that was your idea. | 伊顿 那是你的主意 |
[55:15] | At Rodney’s party? | 在罗德尼的派对上吗 |
[55:16] | I was just trying to get home to my wife! | 我当时一心只想着回去找我老婆 |
[55:18] | Oh, my God. At least be honest with yourself. | 天啊 做人不能诚实一点吗 |
[55:20] | No, you be honest with yourself. You remember… | 你才应该诚实一点 你记得… |
[55:22] | you remember how you were dressed that night? | 你记得你晚穿了什么吗 |
[55:24] | You remember how you were dancing with me? | 你记得你怎么过来跟我跳舞的吗 |
[55:25] | You were coming on to me. | 是你对我献殷勤 |
[55:28] | Excuse me. I’ve got to get back to my job. | 抱歉 我要回去工作了 |
[55:30] | No, Eden. | 不 伊顿 |
[55:33] | You wanted to fuck me, | 你想跟我上床 |
[55:35] | and I walked away. | 而我走了 |
[55:37] | Now, I don’t know if that pissed you off, | 我不知道是不是这样惹毛了你 |
[55:38] | and this is some kind of sick revenge. | 你现在来找我报复 |
[55:40] | But I have a family. | 但我是有家庭的 |
[55:41] | I have two daughters. | 我有两个女儿 |
[55:43] | And you’re gonna ruin my life. | 你将会毁了我的生活 |
[55:44] | So, please, this is not a game. | 拜托 这不是游戏 |
[55:52] | I’m not afraid of you anymore, Noah. | 我再也不怕你了 诺亚 |
[55:55] | Afraid of me? | 怕我 |
[55:57] | I didn’t go looking for this moment. | 这不是我想要的 |
[56:00] | A reporter called me, and… | 一名记者打给我 |
[56:02] | I decided to tell the truth. | 我决定说出真相 |
[56:04] | She called you? Why? | 她为什么打给你 |
[56:06] | Noah, I’m doing you a favor. | 诺亚 我在帮你 |
[56:08] | I won’t tell anybody you stalked me here. | 我不会告诉其他人你跟踪我到此 |
[56:10] | But you need to leave now. | 但你最好现在就走 |
[56:12] | Or everyone’s gonna know about this. | 否则这事大家都会知道了 |
[56:20] | Seriously. | 真是的 |
[56:46] | What a nice surprise. | 真是意外 |
[56:47] | I thought you were still in Montauk. | 我以为你还在蒙托克呢 |
[56:49] | No, I-I just got home. | 不 我刚刚到家 |
[56:51] | I just came by to… | 我顺便过来 |
[56:53] | wish you a happy birthday. | 祝你生日快乐 |
[56:55] | I brought dinner. | 我带了晚餐 |
[56:56] | – I don’t know if you guys have– – That’s so sweet. | -不知道你们… -你真好 |
[56:58] | I mean, we ate already, but the kids made cake. | 我们已经吃过了 但孩子们做了蛋糕 |
[56:59] | Do you want to come in? | 你要进来吗 |
[57:01] | Sure. | 当然 |
[57:06] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[57:08] | Stacey. | 史黛丝 |
[57:11] | Perfect timing. | 来得刚刚好 |
[57:12] | We were just about to sing “Happy Birthday.” | 我们正准备唱《生日快乐歌》 |
[57:16] | Great. | 太好了 |
[57:17] | – Hey, Dad. – Hey, Trev. | -爸爸 -特雷弗 |
[57:19] | Nice cake. | 蛋糕不错 |
[57:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[57:24] | Lasagna for my birthday. | 我生日的千层面 |
[57:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[57:29] | How’s Whitney? | 惠特尼怎样 |
[57:31] | She’s good. She’s-she’s great. | 她很好 |
[57:32] | Thank you again for doing that. | 再次谢谢你所做的 |
[57:34] | No, no. It was my pleasure. | 我很荣幸 |
[57:36] | And Martin called today. | 马丁今天打电话来了 |
[57:38] | He says he made the dean’s list. | 他说他获得了优秀学员 |
[57:40] | – You’re kidding me. – Nope. | -真的假的 -真的 |
[57:43] | We did good, Solloway, somehow. | 我们还是养出好孩子了 索洛维 |
[57:48] | Do you want some? | 你要来点吗 |
[57:49] | The kids and I are about to have a toast. | 孩子们正准备向我敬酒呢 |
[57:51] | What, even Stacey? | 史黛丝也喝吗 |
[57:52] | She can have a little. | 喝一点没事 |
[57:54] | Sure. | 当然 |
[57:59] | That’s so weird. | 怪了 |
[57:59] | This New York number has been calling me all day, | 这个纽约的号码打了我一天电话了 |
[58:01] | and they won’t leave a voice mail. | 就是不肯留语音信息 |
[58:03] | Hello. | 你好 |
[58:04] | Yeah, this is Helen Solloway. | 是 我是海伦·索洛维 |
[58:07] | I’m sorry, from what magazine? | 抱歉 哪家杂志 |
[58:10] | Vanity Fair. | 《名利场》 |
[58:13] | – Helen– – Uh, okay. I need two minutes. | -海伦 -给我两分钟 |
[58:16] | Can we start drinking without you? | 我们可以先喝吗 |
[58:17] | It’s just two minutes. | 就两分钟 |
[58:19] | – Helen– – Okay, Petra, | -海伦 -好的 佩特拉 |
[58:20] | what can I do for you? | 你有什么事 |