时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | ♪ I’m a M-M-Molotov ♪ | |
[00:13] | ♪ I’ma get this whole party all ♪ | (克劳迪娅和幽灵电话) |
[00:15] | ♪ Watch me now ♪ | |
[00:19] | [Claudia] I’m good at a lot of things. | 我擅长很多事情 |
[00:21] | Yes! | 很好! |
[00:22] | For example, fashion. | 例如 时尚 |
[00:26] | And babysitting. | 以及看孩子 |
[00:28] | I’m really good at babysitting. | 我非常擅长当保姆 |
[00:30] | But most of all, I’m good at art. | 但我最擅长的 其实是艺术 |
[00:32] | Great, actually. | 可以说是精通了 |
[00:34] | There’s no homework in art class, no tests. | 艺术课上没有作业 没有考试 |
[00:36] | When I’m painting or sculpting, | 当我绘画或雕塑时 |
[00:39] | all the little voices telling me what I should be doing | 总有一些声音告诉我该做什么 |
[00:42] | and who I’m supposed to bego away. | 应该成为什么样 请走开 |
[00:45] | That’s really nice. | 画得好棒啊 |
[00:46] | [Claudia] OMG, Trevor Sandbourne. | 我的天啊 特雷弗桑德伯恩 |
[00:48] | Be cool, Claudia. Breathe. | 淡定 克劳迪娅 深呼吸 |
[00:50] | It’s got kind of an Elizabeth Peyton vibe. | 有一点伊丽莎白佩顿的风格 |
[00:53] | You know her work? | 你了解她的作品吗? |
[00:54] | She and my dad used to show together at the Chelsea Hotel back in the ’90s. | 90年代时 她和我父亲曾一起在切尔西酒店办展 |
[00:57] | Wow. I mean… | 哇哦 我是说… |
[01:00] | Cool. That’s cool. | 不错 很酷呢 |
[01:02] | It’s hard to get that kind of translucency with the oils, but… | 油画很难有那种半透明的效果 但是… |
[01:07] | you nailed it. | 你做到了 |
[01:11] | I like your piece. | 我也很喜欢你的作品 |
[01:12] | What’s it about? | 画的是什么呀? |
[01:14] | Same as yours. | 跟你一样 |
[01:15] | It’s a self-portrait. | 这是自画像 |
[01:16] | -[Claudia] Abstract. -Yeah. | -好抽象 -是啊 |
[01:19] | So, did you hear about this dance thing on Friday night? | 对了 你听说周五晚上的舞会了吗? |
[01:22] | -The Halloween Hop? [sighs] -Yeah. | -万圣节舞会吗? -是啊 |
[01:23] | You going? | 你要去吗? |
[01:24] | [mouths] | 我的天啊! |
[01:26] | [laughs] Yes. I mean… | 是啊 我是说… |
[01:29] | No. | 不 |
[01:30] | I mean, I haven’t decided. | 我是说 我还没想好 |
[01:32] | Cool. | 行吧 |
[01:35] | Maybe I’ll see you there. | 也许到时候见了 |
[01:40] | [laughing] | |
[01:42] | Did he ask you to the dance or not? | 他有没有邀请你一起去舞会? |
[01:43] | [Claudia] Kristy Thomas is also good at a lot of stuff. | 克里斯蒂托马斯也擅长很多事情 |
[01:46] | Well? | 嗯? |
[01:47] | [Claudia] Unfortunately, subtlety is not among her many talents. | 不幸的是 敏锐并不包含其中 |
[01:51] | He asked me if I was going and said he’d see me there. | 他问我去不去 然后说到时候见 |
[01:54] | So he basically asked me. | 所以算是邀请我了吧 |
[01:56] | We’ll be there together… | 我们会一起去的… |
[01:58] | -basically. -[Stacey] Here’s the thing. | -算是吧 -问题是这样的 |
[02:01] | A guy like Trevor Sandbourne isn’t gonna, like, | 像特雷弗桑德伯恩这样的人 是不会带着胸花出现在你门前的 |
[02:04] | show up at your door with a corsage. | |
[02:06] | That’s just not the way things are done in his kind of circles. | 在他的圈子里 不是这样来的 |
[02:09] | Which are what, exactly? | 具体是什么圈子呀? |
[02:10] | Sophisticated circles. | 复杂的圈子 |
[02:12] | Artistic circles. | 艺术的圈子 |
[02:13] | Are you gonna wear a costume? | 你要穿装扮吗? |
[02:15] | I was gonna be a Troll doll, but for Trevor, | 我本来要扮成巨魔娃娃的 但特雷弗也去 |
[02:18] | I might have to think of something a little more soigné. | 我可能要打扮得更考究一点 |
[02:21] | -Totally. -Seriously? | -同意 -说真的吗? |
[02:23] | You’re gonna get all dressed up for some dude | 你打算为一个男生而盛装打扮吗? |
[02:25] | who couldn’t even be bothered to ask you out for real? | 他都不敢正式约你 |
[02:27] | Kristy, I don’t want to look like a baby. | 克里斯蒂 我不想看上去太幼稚 |
[02:29] | What’s babyish is this stupid dance, | 这破舞会才幼稚 |
[02:31] | giving boys yet another way to be disappointing, | 让男孩又一次令人失望 |
[02:34] | setting up girls for a lifetime of making excuses for them. | 让女孩一辈子都在为他们找借口 |
[02:38] | I wouldn’t go if you paid me. | 就算给我钱 我也不会去 |
[02:40] | What about you, Mary Anne? That cute boy Logan might be there. | 那你呢 玛丽安? 可爱的罗根可能也会去哦 |
[02:43] | The one you’re always staring at who volunteers at the library? | 他在图书馆做志愿者 你总盯着他 是吧? |
[02:46] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[02:48] | Anyway, there’s no way my dad would ever let me go. | 我爸是不可能让我去参加的 |
[02:52] | He’s been spinning out enough lately about the Phantom Caller. | 他最近一直在喋喋不休地谈论 那个幽灵电话 |
[02:54] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[02:55] | Some weirdo home invader that was on the news. | 有一个怪胎入侵者 最近新闻总在说 |
[02:58] | Apparently, you get these creepy anonymous phone calls. | 你会接到令人毛骨悚然的匿名电话 |
[03:03] | Then, you realize that the calls were coming from inside the house. | 然后 你会意识到 电话是从房子里打来的 |
[03:09] | -[phone ringing] -He heard us! The Phantom Caller. | 他听见我们了!是幽灵电话 |
[03:16] | Hello, Baby-Sitters Club. | 您好 保姆俱乐部 |
[03:18] | Oh, hey, honey. Watson and I are going to a Halloween party on Friday night, | 你好 宝贝 我和沃森周五晚上要去万圣节派对 |
[03:21] | and we need a sitter for Karen and Andrew. | 所以凯伦和安德鲁需要保姆 |
[03:23] | Hold, please. | 请稍等 |
[03:24] | -[beeps] -Watson needs a sitter on Friday. | 沃森周五需要保姆 |
[03:26] | But that’s the night of the dance. | 但周五有舞会呀 |
[03:28] | Yeah, we’re definitely going. | 是啊 我们肯定要去的 |
[03:31] | Kristy. | 克里斯蒂 |
[03:32] | This is, like, the seventh time since the club has started | 这是俱乐部成立以来 |
[03:34] | that your mom or Watson has called in with a job. | 你妈或沃森第七次打电话来找保姆了 |
[03:38] | You’re the only one who hasn’t gone, | 只有你没有去过 |
[03:39] | and you’re the only one they actually want. | 只有你是他们想要找的 |
[03:45] | [beeps] | |
[03:46] | Mary Anne Spier will be your sitter on Friday. | 玛丽安斯皮尔周五会去的 |
[03:48] | Have a wonderful day. | 祝您愉快 |
[03:50] | [sighs] | |
[03:53] | So does that mean you’re going to the Halloween Hop after all? | 所以这意味着 你要去万圣节舞会了吗? |
[03:56] | I’d rather have head lice… again. | 我宁愿再次长头虱 |
[03:58] | You get head lice a lot. | 你经常长头虱的 |
[04:02] | Another thing I’m pretty good at is cooking. | 我还擅长一件事 那就是烹饪 |
[04:05] | I do it a lot with my Grandma Mimi. | 我经常跟美美外婆一起做饭 |
[04:07] | She’s taught me a lot. | 她教会我很多 |
[04:08] | The carrots, please, my Claudia. | 把胡萝卜给我吧 克劳迪娅 |
[04:10] | [Claudia] Mimi is the best person I know at everything. | 无论什么事 美美都很精通 |
[04:14] | I think it’s because whatever she does, | 我觉得这是因为 无论她做什么 |
[04:16] | she does it with so much love. | 都会带着爱意去做 |
[04:19] | Now we let it simmer, | 现在让它慢慢炖吧 |
[04:20] | and you can tell me more about this boy. | 你来跟我说说这位男生 |
[04:22] | Trevor. He’s so cute. | 特雷弗 他很可爱 |
[04:25] | He makes these abstract pieces that are just… | 他会画抽象派的画作… |
[04:29] | [sighs] And his dad is this really famous painter, | 他父亲是一位很有名的画家 |
[04:31] | and he knows all these art world people. | 他了解所有艺术圈的人 |
[04:35] | Wouldn’t that be amazing | 是不是很棒呀? |
[04:36] | to have parents that actually understood you? | 能有真正懂你的父母 |
[04:39] | My Claudia. | 我的克劳迪娅 |
[04:41] | Nobody at your age feels like their parents understand them. | 你这样年纪的孩子 都觉得父母不懂自己 |
[04:46] | Grandparents, on the other hand… [laughs] | 外婆就不一样了… |
[04:50] | I like him so much, and I really do think he likes me. | 我很喜欢他 我觉得他也喜欢我 |
[04:54] | Stacey says he does. | 史黛西也那么说 |
[04:56] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢? |
[04:57] | I think if this boy’s not crazy about you, my Claudia, | 我觉得如果他不喜欢你 克劳迪娅 |
[05:00] | he must be completely out of his mind. [laughs] | 那他就一定是疯掉了 |
[05:05] | How are your other classes going? | 其他课程的成绩怎么样? |
[05:07] | You mean besides art? Um… | 你是说艺术课之外吗? |
[05:10] | We thought this year was going to be different. | 我们以为今年会有所不同的 |
[05:13] | Middle school was supposed to be a clean slate for you, Claudia, | 进入中学 意味着重新开始 克劳迪娅 |
[05:15] | a blank page. | 从头再来 |
[05:17] | We just want to help you, honey. | 我们是想帮你 宝贝 |
[05:18] | I don’t need help, Mom. | 我不需要帮助 妈妈 |
[05:20] | I’m not even actually failing anything. | 我又没有考砸 |
[05:22] | Your algebra teacher called this afternoon. | 你的代数老师今天下午来过电话 |
[05:24] | She wanted to make sure you were prepared for the unit quiz tomorrow. | 她想确保 让你为明天的单元测验做好准备 |
[05:28] | Claudia… | 克劳迪娅… |
[05:29] | You need to start taking school seriously this year. | 你今年应该认真对待学习了 |
[05:32] | This isn’t elementary school anymore. | 这已经不是小学了 |
[05:34] | Your grades are going on your permanent transcript. | 你的成绩将记录在永久成绩单上 |
[05:36] | Don’t you want to get into a good college? | 你不想进一所好大学吗? |
[05:38] | [Claudia] My parents and I have had some version | 从二年级开始 我和父母 |
[05:40] | of this conversation since the second grade. | 就有过这样的对话了 |
[05:42] | With all the things I can do, | 我擅长那么多事情 |
[05:44] | the only thing they care about is the one thing I can’t. | 他们只关心那件我不擅长的事 |
[05:47] | -May I make a suggestion? -Of course, Janine. | -我能提一条建议吗? -当然 珍妮 |
[05:49] | I’ve just read a recent behavioral study in Psychology Today, which found that | 我在《今日心理学》上 读到一项最近的行为研究 |
[05:53] | its subjects were more motivated to specific action by the fear of loss | 发现研究对象倾向于采取特定行动 是因为害怕失去 |
[05:57] | and the hope of gain. | 以及希望得到 |
[05:58] | Get to the point, Janine. | 说重点 珍妮 |
[06:00] | At the meeting of Claudia’s caregiving circle earlier, | 在之前克劳迪娅的保姆圈聚会上 |
[06:02] | I overheard her plans to attend the dance | 我无意中听到 她打算参加舞会 |
[06:04] | as the informal partner of a male classmate. | 作为一个男同学的非正式舞伴 |
[06:07] | Trevor, I believe? | 是特雷弗吧? |
[06:09] | [scoffs] You were spying on me? | 你在监视我吗? |
[06:11] | I misplaced my noise-canceling headphones. | 我的降噪耳机找不到了 |
[06:13] | My proposal is this. | 我的建议是这样的 |
[06:15] | If she gets a good grade, she goes to the dance. | 如果她得到高分 就可以去舞会 |
[06:17] | If she fails, she can’t. | 如果不及格 那就不能去 |
[06:20] | [father] I love it. | 好主意 |
[06:22] | Thank you, Janine, for being so goal-oriented and constructive. | 珍妮 谢谢你 很有目标导向 很有建设性 |
[06:26] | [Claudia] Thank you, Janine, | 谢谢你 珍妮 |
[06:27] | for beingthe walking encyclopedia that ruined my life. | 你是毁了我一生的活百科全书 |
[06:33] | But I wasn’t the only one in for a surprise that night. | 但那天晚上 不仅是我遇到了意外 |
[06:43] | Hello. | 有人吗? |
[06:51] | Dad? | 爸爸? |
[06:56] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[06:59] | Why are you sitting in the dark? | 你为什么坐在那里 也不开灯? |
[07:01] | -Do you have any idea what time it is? -Um… | 你知道现在几点了吗? |
[07:04] | 8:20. | |
[07:05] | Hmm. And what time were you supposed to be home? | 你应该几点回家? |
[07:08] | Eight. | 8点 |
[07:10] | Dad, it’s 20 minutes. | 爸爸 只是20分钟而已 |
[07:11] | Do you know what can happen in 20 minutes? | 你知道20分钟能发生什么吗? |
[07:14] | You could have been hit by a car, lured into a car. | 你可能被车撞到 被骗上车 |
[07:17] | That home invader… | 还有那个入侵者… |
[07:18] | The Phantom Caller? | 幽灵来电人吗? |
[07:19] | …is still at large in Fairfield County. | 他还在费尔菲尔德县逍遥法外呢 |
[07:21] | But you couldn’t bother to call and let me know that you were alive. | 你都不说打电话给我 让我知道 你还活着 |
[07:25] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 我接受你的道歉了 |
[07:26] | [exhales] I accept your apology. | |
[07:29] | But honestly, I don’t see the point | 但说实话 我觉得没有必要 |
[07:31] | of you having that fancy new phone you begged for | 让你继续用那部你想要的新手机了 |
[07:33] | if you’re not going to use it responsibly. | 你都不能负责任地去使用 |
[07:35] | No, Dad, you can’t take my phone away. | 不行 爸爸 你不能没收我的手机 |
[07:39] | How am I supposed to call you, then? | 不然我怎么联系你呢? |
[07:40] | What if there’s an emergency? | 如果有紧急情况怎么办? |
[07:42] | I thought of that. | 我想过了 |
[07:43] | And the good news is your old phone works perfectly well. | 好消息是 你的旧手机一点没坏 |
[07:48] | -It’s all programmed and ready for you. -[sighs] | 都调好了 随时可用 |
[07:58] | [Claudia] I stayed up half the night studying quadratic equations, | 我熬了大半夜 研究二次方程 |
[08:01] | whatever those are. | 也没搞明白 |
[08:03] | And I wore a special smart outfit: | 我穿了一件显得很聪明的衣服 |
[08:05] | Ruth Bader Ginsburg chic. | 鲁思金斯伯格的风格 |
[08:07] | Super cute. | 超级可爱 |
[08:10] | Look, Claud, you almost got it. | 克劳迪娅 |
[08:12] | You just need to divide by eight and then set the factor to zero, | 你只需要除以8 然后把因数设为0 |
[08:15] | and there you go. | 然后就可以了 |
[08:17] | How do you do that? | 你怎么做到的? |
[08:18] | You can do it, too. | 你也可以的 |
[08:20] | Just breathe, go slow and check your work. | 深呼吸 慢慢来 好好检查 |
[08:22] | That’s the great thing about math. You always know when you’re right. | 这就是数学的伟大 只要做对了 你就能知道 |
[08:25] | [Claudia] I was about to tell her that had not been my experience, when… | 我正要告诉她 我从没有过这种经历 这时候… |
[08:39] | Oh, my God, he’s coming over here. | 我的天啊 他朝这边走过来了 |
[08:41] | -[squeals] -Oh, my God! | 我的天啊! |
[08:44] | Go on, tell them. | 说吧 告诉她们吧 |
[08:47] | I can’t babysit for the Brewers tomorrow night. | 我明晚不能去给布鲁尔家当保姆了 |
[08:50] | [Kristy] She was 20 minutes late last night, and her dad grounded her. | 她昨晚晚到家20分钟 被她爸禁足了 |
[08:54] | Now I’m the one who’s gonna have to sit for stupid Watson’s stupid kids, | 现在我要去面对 弱智沃森的弱智孩子们了 |
[08:58] | unless one of you decides not to go to the dance. | 除非你们有人决定不去舞会了 |
[09:00] | Absolutely not. | 那可不行 |
[09:01] | First, you’re mad at her for sitting for Karen and Andrew, | 你先是生气 因为她要去给凯伦和安德鲁当保姆 |
[09:04] | and now you’re mad at her that she can’t? | 现在她不去了 你又生气了吗? |
[09:06] | You’re being crazy. | 你太疯狂了 |
[09:07] | Excuse me, I’m trying to run a business here. | 拜托 我是想要做生意 |
[09:10] | It’s not crazy to be mad when someone behaves unprofessionally. | 当某人表现不专业时 生气并不疯狂 |
[09:14] | You know who is crazy? | 你知道谁才疯狂吗? |
[09:15] | Richard Spier. | 理查德斯皮尔 |
[09:17] | Kristy, come on. | 克里斯蒂 拜托 |
[09:18] | He’s paranoid. He treats you like some kind of china doll in a box. | 他太偏执了 他把你当作是盒子里的瓷娃娃了 |
[09:23] | And this whole thing with the Phantom Tollbooth– | 还扯什么收费亭里的幽灵 |
[09:25] | -Phantom Caller. -Whatever. He’s a psycho. | -是幽灵电话 -随便吧 他是神经病 |
[09:28] | Even my mom thinks so. | 连我妈都那么觉得 |
[09:30] | He’s not normal. | 他不正常 |
[09:31] | And what would you know about having a normal dad? | 你懂正常的爸爸是什么样吗? |
[09:35] | Kristy… | 克里斯蒂… |
[09:36] | I mean, I… | 我是说 我… |
[09:39] | [sighs] I’m a horrible person. | 我太糟糕了 |
[09:41] | [Claudia] Kristy and Mary Anne had been best friends since kindergarten, | 从幼儿园开始 克里斯蒂和玛丽安就是好闺蜜了 |
[09:44] | and I’d never seen them like that before. | 我从没见过她们这样 |
[09:47] | But right now, I had to think like a mathematician, | 但是现在 我要像数学家一样思考 |
[09:51] | not a marriage counselor. | 而不是婚姻顾问 |
[09:55] | -Oh, sorry. -Sorry. | -抱歉 -抱歉 |
[09:56] | -Oh, hey. -Hi. | -嘿 -嗨 |
[09:58] | I was gonna come talk to you at lunch just now, but you seem kind of busy. | 吃午饭时 我本想去找你的 但你好像有点忙 |
[10:01] | I just wanted to let you know | 我只是想告诉你 |
[10:03] | about this Halloween Hop thing tomorrow. | 关于明晚的万圣节舞会的事 |
[10:06] | I just thought if you needed a ride or something, | 我只是觉得 如果你想搭车什么的 |
[10:08] | my dad could probably pick you up and we could, like, drive there… | 我爸爸可以去接你 然后我们开车去… |
[10:11] | together, if you want. | 一起去 如果你愿意 |
[10:13] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[10:13] | -Really? -That would be great. | -真的吗? -那就太好了 |
[10:15] | Cool. Nice glasses, by the way. | 很好 对了 你的眼镜很好看 都坐好 |
[10:20] | -[bell rings] -Settle down. | |
[10:22] | Put your books away, for it is Judgment Day. | 把书放起来 因为今天是审判日 |
[10:38] | [Claudia] That night, Mary Anne was still feeling like the world’s worst friend. | 那天晚上 玛丽安仍然觉得 自己是世界上最烂的朋友 |
[10:42] | Unfortunately, Mary Anne’s new old phone could only call four numbers: | 不幸的是 玛丽安的旧手机只能打四个号码 |
[10:46] | her dad, her dad, 911 and her dad. | 她爸 她爸 报警电话 以及她爸 |
[10:52] | But Mary Anne and Kristy had an even more ancient way to communicate. | 但玛丽安和克里斯蒂 有一种更古老的交流方式 我很抱歉 |
[11:09] | I’m | |
[11:13] | I’m sorry… | 我不该 那么说的 |
[11:16] | I shouldn’t have said that. | |
[11:24] | Message received. | 消息收到了 |
[11:28] | [Claudia] The next day was my own moment of truth. | 第二天是我自己的揭晓时刻了 |
[11:31] | Would tonight be a dream or a nightmare? | 今晚会是美梦 还是噩梦呢? |
[11:34] | Would I ride to the dance with Trevor, | 我是跟特雷弗一起坐车去舞会 |
[11:36] | resulting in our eventual life partnership and rise to the pinnacle of the art world, | 最终成就人生伴侣 登上艺术世界的巅峰呢 |
[11:40] | or would I have to spend the rest of my life at home, | 还是只能在家里度过我的余生 |
[11:43] | watching Janine correct people’s grammar on Reddit? | 看珍妮在Reddit上 纠正别人的语法呢? |
[11:47] | Would I pass or would I…? | 我会考过 还是会… |
[11:49] | Fail. [groans] | 挂科了 |
[11:52] | [Stacey] It’s better than last time. | 比上次有进步了 |
[11:53] | Maybe your parents will be like, “Yay, improvement!” | 也许你父母会说 “不错 有进步!” |
[11:57] | Trevor’s gonna think I’m a total loser. | 特雷弗会觉得我是一个笨蛋的 |
[11:59] | No, he’s not. | 不会的 |
[12:00] | And what about me? | 那我呢? |
[12:02] | I know basically nobody at this school except for you and Kristy and Mary Anne, | 在这所学校 除了你和克里斯蒂 以及玛丽安 我谁都不认识 |
[12:06] | and none of you are gonna be at the dance. | 你们都不去舞会了 |
[12:08] | I’m sorry, Stace. | 抱歉 史黛西 |
[12:09] | I really am. | 真的很抱歉 |
[12:13] | Okay. Here, take this. | 好吧 给你 |
[12:16] | [Claudia] What’s this for? | 这是干什么? |
[12:17] | [Stacey] Officially, study purposes. | 官方说法 帮助你学习 |
[12:19] | Unofficially, you’ll notice that I wrote everything in pencil, | 非官方说法 你会注意到 我全是用铅笔写的 |
[12:22] | including my name at the top. | 包括我的名字 |
[12:24] | So if you wanted to make use of one of those | 所以如果你想要用你那些 |
[12:26] | fancy gummy erasers you carry around and take some artistic license– | 花哨的炭画橡皮擦 发挥一下你的艺术细胞… |
[12:29] | -You mean lie to my parents? -No. | -你是说 跟我父母撒谎吗? -不是 |
[12:31] | Just hide the truth until tomorrow, | 就是掩盖真相 直到明天 |
[12:34] | after you and Trevor are fully in love, | 在你和特雷弗坠入爱河之后 |
[12:36] | and you got to wear your amazing Halloween costume. | 在你穿上漂亮的万圣节装扮之后 |
[12:39] | Claudia, it’s my first dance at a new school. | 克劳迪娅 这是我在新学校的第一次舞会 |
[12:43] | I really want to go. | 我真的很想去 |
[12:45] | I just don’t want to go alone. | 我不想一个人去 |
[12:53] | [Claudia] It was a moral dilemma for sure. | 这是道德上的两难境地 |
[12:56] | I needed to be somewhere I could think, | 我需要去一个我能思考的地方 |
[12:58] | somewhere I could just be myself. | 我可以做自己的地方 |
[13:02] | But someone else had gotten there first. | 但有人先到那里了 |
[13:06] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[13:09] | Be honest. | 说实话 |
[13:15] | [Claudia] It’s great. | 太棒了 |
[13:17] | Really. | 真的 |
[13:20] | My dad says it’s derivative. | 我爸说 我是模仿他 |
[13:22] | Like something he painted in the ’80s. | 很像他在80年代画的东西 |
[13:25] | I thought that if I painted like him, | 我以为 如果我像他一样画画 |
[13:27] | he might actually be proud of me for once. | 他可能会为我感到骄傲 |
[13:32] | Whatever I try, | 无论我如何尝试 |
[13:34] | it’s never the thing he wants. | 都不是他想要的 |
[13:37] | [Claudia] That’s when I realized, no matter who your parents are, | 那时 我意识到 不管你的父母是谁 |
[13:40] | they can always make you feel like you’re letting them down. | 他们总能让你觉得 你让他们失望了 |
[13:43] | And that feeling, the one that makes you feel sad | 那种感觉 那种让你感到悲伤 |
[13:46] | and scared and not good enough, | 害怕 不够优秀的感觉 |
[13:49] | that’s the real Phantom Caller. | 那才是真正的幽灵电话 |
[13:51] | You’re a really good artist, Trevor, and you should paint what you want. | 特雷弗 你是一个很棒的艺术家 你应该画你想画的 |
[13:57] | Isn’t that the whole point of art? | 这不就是艺术的全部意义吗? |
[14:02] | You’re special, you know that? | 你很特殊 你知道吗? |
[14:08] | See you tonight. | 今晚见了 |
[14:09] | [Claudia] Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[14:10] | Okay, now I have to go to the dance. | 好吧 现在我必须去舞会了 |
[14:13] | Plus, wasn’t it my parents’ fault | 再说了 当初产生这些不切实际的期望 难道不是我父母的错吗? (妈妈) |
[14:15] | for creating these unrealistic expectations in the first place? | |
[14:20] | [camera shutter clicks] | |
[14:23] | Well, nobody’s perfect. | 好吧 人无完人 |
[14:27] | So these murals are all turn-of-the-century, | 这些壁画都是世纪之交的作品 |
[14:30] | and over here, | 在这边 |
[14:32] | my favorite part of the house. | 是这间屋子里 我最喜欢的地方 |
[14:35] | It’s a whispering gallery. | 这是一条低语走廊 |
[14:36] | So if I whisper into one side, you can hear it on the other. | 我在这头低语 你可以在那头听见 |
[14:40] | Here, I’ll show you. | 我演示给你看 |
[14:41] | Come here, you’re gonna love this. Stand right there. | 过来 你会喜欢的 站在这里 |
[14:43] | Okay. | 好了 安德鲁 过来 |
[14:45] | Um, Andrew, come here. | |
[14:49] | Okay. | 好了 |
[14:52] | Kristy. | 克里斯蒂 |
[14:53] | We’re so happy you’re here. | 我们很开心 你能过来 |
[14:55] | Right, Andrew? | 是吧 安德鲁? |
[14:56] | [Andrew] Yeah. | 是啊 我要去给安德鲁热点牛奶 |
[14:57] | [laughs] | |
[15:00] | I’m gonna go get Andrew some milk. | |
[15:06] | He’s trying too hard. | 他是用力过猛了 |
[15:09] | But we’re just so excited to have you guys together. | 因为我们好开心 能够团聚在一起 |
[15:14] | Karen was especially excited to be with you. | 凯伦尤其开心 能跟你在一起 |
[15:19] | Okay. | 好了 |
[15:20] | Well, I think it’s time for someone to get in their jam-jams and say night-night. | 我觉得是时候换上睡衣说晚安了 |
[15:25] | [mother laughs] | |
[15:26] | Go ahead, buddy. | 去吧 伙计 |
[15:27] | Night, Kristy. | 晚安 克里斯蒂 |
[15:29] | Well, thanks for coming over. | 谢谢你过来 |
[15:32] | Here we go, buddy. | 走吧 伙计 |
[15:43] | Well, it’s nice to meet you, Karen. | 很高兴见到你 凯伦 |
[15:45] | Get out cookies. | 把饼干拿出来吧 |
[15:47] | I need some refreshments for the wake I’m having for my doll. | 我需要一些点心 为我的洋娃娃守灵 |
[15:57] | You look wonderful. | 你美极了 |
[16:01] | You think? | 是吗? |
[16:01] | A revolutionary costume. | 革命性的装扮 |
[16:04] | One of your best yet. | 这是你最好的作品之一 |
[16:07] | We are all so proud of you. | 我们都为你骄傲呢 |
[16:09] | Because of the test? | 因为考试成绩吗? |
[16:11] | The test is very good news, | 考试是好消息 |
[16:13] | but I’m proud of you because you are my Claudia. | 但我为你骄傲 是因为你是我的克劳迪娅 |
[16:18] | For me, that is more than enough. | 对我来说 这就足够了 |
[16:21] | Let’s find you some earrings. | 我去帮你选耳环吧 |
[16:26] | [sighs] | |
[16:34] | Should we close her eyes? | 我们要合上她的眼睛吗? |
[16:36] | [Karen] No. | 不用 |
[16:38] | It’s dark enough in the grave. | 坟墓里够黑了 |
[16:42] | Goodbye, Krakatoa. | 永别了 喀拉喀托 |
[16:44] | You lived. | 你曾活过 |
[16:45] | Now you’re dead. | 如今已逝 |
[16:51] | Do we say a prayer? | 我们要祈祷吗? |
[16:53] | Krakatoa was an atheist. | 喀拉喀托是一个无神论者 |
[16:56] | [cell phone ringing] | |
[17:00] | [Karen] Who is it? | 是谁呀? |
[17:03] | No one. | 没谁 |
[17:04] | It can’t be no one. | 不可能没谁的 |
[17:05] | It’s probably just a wrong number. | 可能就是打错了 |
[17:07] | Or it’s the Phantom Caller. | 也可能是幽灵电话 |
[17:09] | Have you heard of him? | 你听说过他吗? |
[17:11] | He calls you and calls you, | 他会不停给你打电话 |
[17:14] | and all the time, | 不停地打 |
[17:16] | he’s in your house somewhere. | 他就在你家里的某个地方 |
[17:19] | Watching you. | 看着你 |
[17:22] | Listening to you. | 听着你 |
[17:25] | Smelling you. | 闻着你 |
[17:28] | [sniffs] | |
[17:34] | It’s not the Phantom Caller, Karen. | 不是幽灵电话的 凯伦 |
[17:37] | [ringing] | |
[17:44] | [father] There she is. | 她来啦 |
[17:45] | Our “A” student! | 我们的优秀生! |
[17:48] | Looking like a million bucks. | 看起来美极了 |
[17:50] | -What she looks like is a 95%! -[both laugh] | 她看着就像95分的好学生! |
[17:53] | Oh, honey, we are just over the moon. | 宝贝 我们真是开心坏了 |
[17:57] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢 妈妈 |
[17:58] | Can I see it in person? I’m sorry to be such a mom. | 我能看看卷子吗? 抱歉做这样的妈妈 |
[18:01] | I just want to see your name next to that grade. | 但我只是想看你的名字在分数旁边 |
[18:17] | [Claudia sighs] | |
[18:22] | Claudia, what is this? | 克劳迪娅 这是什么? |
[18:25] | My test. | 我的考试成绩 |
[18:27] | My real test. | 真实的成绩 |
[18:29] | But the 95? | 那95分呢? |
[18:31] | That was Stacey’s. | 那是史黛西的 |
[18:33] | So you lied to us? | 所以你骗我们了吗? |
[18:35] | Yes, I misled you, because I wanted to go to the dance so bad. | 是啊 我误导你们了 因为我太想去舞会了 |
[18:40] | But I’m not someone that can ace an algebra test | 但我不是代数考试能拿高分的人 |
[18:43] | after years of barely being able to do long division. | 这么多年了 我都做不好长除法 |
[18:47] | I’m not Janine, and I’m tired of feeling like I have to be. | 我不是珍妮 我厌倦了非要变成她那样了 |
[18:50] | What we want is for you to try. | 我们只希望 看到你的努力 |
[18:52] | I am trying. | 我在努力了 |
[18:53] | But honestly, I’d rather focus on all the things I’m good at | 但说实话 我宁愿专注我擅长的事情 |
[18:56] | instead of listening to all the Phantom Callers in my head | 而不是听从我脑袋里的幽灵电话 |
[18:59] | telling me those things aren’t important. | 告诉我 那些事情是不重要的 |
[19:05] | We’re glad you told us the truth. | 我们很高兴 你能说实话 |
[19:07] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[19:09] | I love you guys. | 我爱你们 |
[19:10] | [mother chuckles] We love you, too. | 我们也爱你 |
[19:12] | -[father] Come here. -[mother moans, chuckles] | 过来抱抱 |
[19:18] | -Well, I’ll be home by ten. -[mother sighs] | 好了 我十点就回来 |
[19:19] | Ah-ah! Where do you think you’re going? | 你要去哪里呀? |
[19:22] | I really can’t go to the dance? | 我不能去舞会吗? |
[19:23] | [laughs] Are you insane? | 你疯了吗? |
[19:26] | Negative reinforcement works, but consistency is key. | 负强化有作用的 但保持一致是关键 |
[19:30] | Oh, shut up, Janine. | 闭嘴吧 珍妮 |
[19:32] | -[chattering, laughing] -[dance music playing] | |
[19:38] | [cell phone vibrates] | |
[19:42] | [Claudia] I told the truth. I’m sorry. | 我说实话了 对不起 |
[19:44] | Don’t worry. Everyone wants to be your friend, especially me. | 别担心 大家都想跟你做朋友的 尤其是我 |
[19:48] | PS tell Trevor I say hi and tell me what he’s wearing. | 以及替我跟特雷弗打招呼 告诉我 他穿了什么 (未知呼叫) |
[19:55] | [ringing] | |
[20:03] | [continues ringing] | |
[20:09] | I think you should answer it. | 我觉得你应该接电话 |
[20:18] | [beeps] | |
[20:21] | What do you want? | 你想要干什么? |
[20:23] | To apologize to you. | 我想跟你道歉 |
[20:24] | Mary Anne? | 玛丽安? |
[20:26] | I’ve been calling and calling. | 我不停给你打电话 |
[20:27] | Why didn’t you pick up? | 你怎么都不接呢? |
[20:28] | Why didn’t your number show up? | 你的号码怎么没显示呢? |
[20:30] | My dad has me on the stupid mouse phone again. | 我爸又让我用回以前的破手机了 |
[20:33] | Do you know how hard it was to get this thing to call you in the first place? | 你知道用这东西打电话给你 到底有多难吗? |
[20:36] | What I wanted to tell you is Karen is going through a spooky phase, | 我想告诉你 凯伦正在经历喜欢幽灵的阶段 |
[20:39] | but she’s actually a lot of fun. | 但她其实挺有趣的 |
[20:41] | I’ll miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[20:44] | Also, there’s a second freezer in the basement with frozen Snickers bars. | 以及地下室还有一个冰箱 里面有冷冻士力架 |
[20:48] | The kids aren’t supposed to know about it, but you can have as many as you want. | 本来是不能告诉孩子们的 不过你可以随便吃 |
[20:52] | Is that all? | 就这事吗? |
[20:53] | I also wanted to say I’m sorry | 我还想跟你道歉 |
[20:55] | for what I said about your dad. | 不应该那么说你的爸爸 |
[20:57] | But, Kristy… | 但是 克里斯蒂… |
[21:00] | You’ve got to deal with your stuff about Watson. | 你得处理好跟沃森的关系 |
[21:02] | He’s gonna be a part of your family, whether you like it or not. | 无论你是否喜欢 他都会是你家的一部分了 |
[21:05] | So maybe start trying to like it. | 所以试着去喜欢他吧 |
[21:09] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见吧 |
[21:12] | And stop calling. It’s scaring Karen. | 别再打电话 吓坏凯伦了 |
[21:14] | It is not! | 并没有! 拜拜 |
[21:16] | [laughs] Bye. | |
[21:19] | [beeps] | |
[21:22] | Do you want a frozen Snickers bar? | 你想吃冷冻士力架吗? |
[21:24] | I thought you’d never ask. | 我以为你不会问呢 |
[21:26] | ♪ Start stalking ♪ | |
[21:28] | [man laughs maniacally] | |
[21:29] | [Claudia] Meanwhile, Stacey was living through her own horror movie, | 与此同时 史黛西正在经历她自己的恐怖电影 |
[21:33] | trying to be as inconspicuous as you can be | 尽量做到不引人注目 |
[21:36] | in a Marie Antoinette costume, | 穿着玛丽安托瓦内特的装扮 |
[21:39] | when finally she saw someone she knew. | 终于 他看到了自己认识的人 |
[21:41] | Mrs. Johanssen, our art teacher. | 乔汉森夫人 我们的艺术老师 |
[21:44] | A teacher, but a pretty cool one. | 虽然是老师 但是特别酷 |
[21:47] | -Hi! -[Stacey] Hi. | -嗨! -嗨 你的装扮太漂亮了 |
[21:48] | [gasps] That is quite the outfit. | |
[21:52] | -Unfortunately, that’s true. -[laughing] | 嘿嘿 说的是呢 |
[21:55] | Oh, honey, you remember Stacey McGill. | 亲爱的 你还记得史黛西麦吉尔吧 |
[21:57] | -She’s Charlotte’s favorite babysitter. -Of course. | -她是夏洛特最喜欢的保姆 -当然了 |
[22:00] | -Wait, you’re both chaperoning tonight. -[Mrs. Johanssen] Mm-hmm. | 等等 你们今晚都来了 |
[22:03] | Who’s at home with Charlotte? | 谁在家看着夏洛特呢? |
[22:06] | Oh. | |
[22:08] | [Claudia] So I didn’t go to the Halloween Hop. | 所以我没去万圣节舞会 |
[22:10] | Whatever was happening with Trevor was just gonna have to wait. | 跟特雷弗的故事 只能再等等了 |
[22:14] | But I was in my happy place, doing the thing I’m best at. | 但我非常开心 做着我擅长的事情 |
[22:17] | All in all,not such a bad night… | 总而言之 这一晚还不算差… |
[22:21] | until I heard from Stacey. | 直到接到史黛西的电话 |
[22:24] | Look at this! | 快看啊! |
[22:25] | The Baby-Sitters Agency. | 保姆介绍所 |
[22:29] | [sighs] Oh, Mimi… | 哦 美美… |
[22:31] | looks like we’ve got competition. | 看来我们有竞争对手了 |
[22:33] | [animal howls] | |
[22:34] | ♪ Calling all vampires ♪ | |
[22:37] | ♪ The sun is down ♪ | |
[22:41] | ♪ Calling all vampires ♪ | |
[22:45] | ♪ Let’s go to town ♪ | |
[22:47] | ♪ It’s the vampire vamp ♪ | |
[22:53] | ♪ Vampire vamp ♪ | |
[22:55] | ♪ You know what to do ♪ | |
[22:57] | ♪ Vampire vamp ♪ | |
[23:00] | ♪ Vampire vamp ♪ | |
[23:04] | ♪ It’s getting real late ♪ | |
[23:08] | ♪ So put on your capes ♪ | |
[23:11] | ♪ Time to be frightening ♪ | |
[23:14] | ♪ Come on, y’all ♪ | |
[23:17] | ♪ Start fighting It’s the vampire vamp ♪ | |
[23:21] | ♪ Come on, you tramps ♪ | |
[23:23] | ♪ Vampire vamp, you know what to do ♪ | |
[23:27] | ♪ Vampire vamp, come on, you tramps ♪ | |
[23:31] | ♪ Vampire vamp ♪ | |
[23:33] | ♪ You know what to do ♪ | |
[23:39] | ♪ Chilled to the bone ♪ |