时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [rock music playing] | (道恩) NETFLIX 原创剧集 |
[00:13] | ♪ I’m driving through a long day ♪ | 剧名:道恩和三个淘气鬼 |
[00:16] | ♪ Singing every song I know… ♪ | |
[00:19] | [Dawn] Normal moms are supposed to wait up for their daughters | 正常的妈妈 在女儿第一次出门约会的时候 |
[00:22] | when they’re out on first dates. | 会熬夜在家等她 |
[00:25] | Normal moms also sometimes unpack boxes | 正常的妈妈会在跨州搬家后 |
[00:27] | within the calendar year of moving across the country to a new town. | 一年之内把打包盒都拆开 |
[00:33] | My mom is anything but normal. | 我妈妈除了正常这一点 什么都占 |
[00:36] | [man and woman chattering and laughing] | |
[00:38] | ♪ You make me wanna shake, shake Shake, shake, shake, shake,shake ♪ | |
[00:41] | ♪ And shout it… ♪ | |
[00:42] | [chattering and laughing continue] | |
[00:47] | -[woman] That was fantastic. -Thank you. | 太棒了 |
[00:49] | ♪ When the world gets down All the love I’ve found ♪ | |
[00:55] | ♪ You make me wanna shake, shake Shake, shake, shake, shake,shake ♪ | |
[00:59] | ♪ And shout it, ooh-ooh-ooh! I wanna shake ♪ | |
[01:04] | [woman] Hey, babe. | 嘿 宝贝 |
[01:06] | Hey, how was it? | 嘿 约会顺利吗? |
[01:07] | Oh, he was so nice. | 他人超好的 |
[01:10] | Were you cooking? [sniffs] Smells delicious. | 你在做饭吗? 真香 |
[01:14] | Let me. | 我来吧 |
[01:15] | Okay. | 好 |
[01:19] | [sighs] | |
[01:20] | [yawns, groans] | |
[01:28] | [sighs] | |
[01:30] | [Dawn] I’m so excited. | 我好激动啊 |
[01:31] | I know! Long-lost high school sweethearts, reunited. | 我懂的!高中情侣旧情复燃 |
[01:36] | It’s like Romeo and Juliet, | 这就像罗密欧与朱丽叶 |
[01:37] | but if Romeo grew up, then went to law school | 罗密欧长大后去念了法律 |
[01:40] | and then reconnected with Juliet in middle age. | 然后人到中年时与朱丽叶重逢了 |
[01:43] | Do you think we’ll have matching bridesmaids’ dresses? | 你觉得我们会穿一样的伴娘裙吗? |
[01:46] | Maybe, but I was actually talking about this meeting of the Club. | 也许吧 但我在说俱乐部会议呢 好吧 |
[01:49] | Oh, right. | |
[01:52] | It means a lot that you’re bringing me. | 你带我去 对我来说意义重大 |
[01:54] | It’ll be so nice to feel like a part of something again. | 重新加入一个团体的感觉真好 |
[01:56] | Are you sure it’s okay with Kristy? | 你确定克里斯蒂不介意吗? |
[01:59] | I didn’t tell her. | 我没告诉她 |
[02:00] | Oh, but, Mary Anne! | 但是 玛丽安! |
[02:01] | It’s perfect timing. It’s a new year. | 现在这个时机正好 新的一年 |
[02:04] | Everyone’s back from vacation. | 大家都刚度假回来 |
[02:06] | Act first, then ask for forgiveness later. | 先行动 再向她寻求原谅 |
[02:08] | But you know how weird she is around me. | 但你也知道她对我的态度有多奇怪 |
[02:10] | She’s gonna flip, | 她肯定会超生气 |
[02:11] | and then I’ll never be able to join the BSC. | 然后我这辈子 都别想加入保姆俱乐部了 |
[02:13] | She just needs to get to know you. | 她只是需要先了解你 |
[02:15] | That’s how she is. | 她就是这种人 |
[02:17] | You’ll see. | 你会明白的 |
[02:18] | As president, all guests should be run by me. | 作为主席 我有权接待所有来宾 |
[02:22] | It’s in the bylaws. | 内部章程里都写了 |
[02:23] | [chuckles] We have bylaws now? | 我们还有内部章程? |
[02:25] | Yes, in the Club constitution I wrote over break. | 有 我放假的时候添进总章程里的 |
[02:27] | Do you ever check your email? | 你从来不看邮箱的吗? |
[02:30] | I brought Dawn with me today because she’s a great friend | 我今天带道恩一起来了 因为她是个超棒的朋友 |
[02:33] | and a great babysitter. | 也是个很称职的保姆 |
[02:34] | Things were quiet over the holidays, but now our clients are back. | 放假的时候没什么客户 但现在客户都度假回来了 |
[02:38] | We’re gonna need another sitter, or else we’ll get overstretched. | 我们需要新保姆 不然肯定忙不过来 |
[02:41] | Well, as the last new girl in town, I’m thrilled Dawn is here. | 作为最后一个新来的姑娘 我很高兴看到道恩能来 |
[02:45] | And about those bylaws, | 至于内部章程嘛 |
[02:47] | anything about kicking jobs to members who spent | 有没有写要把工作的留给 |
[02:49] | way too much on holiday gifts/ new riding boots? | 把钱都花在节日礼物 和长统靴上的组员啊 |
[02:52] | Second that. I have a roll of handmade washi paper being held at Dick Blick. | 我同意 迪克布里克那里 还扣着我一卷手工和纸呢 |
[02:57] | Oh, speaking of shopping, | 说起购物 |
[02:59] | I have some news. | 我有个好消息 |
[03:02] | My dad is finally letting me redo my room a little bit. | 我爸爸终于同意 让我重新装修一下我的房间了 |
[03:04] | Yes! New year, new you. | 耶! 新年新气象 |
[03:07] | Nothing major. | 不买什么大件 |
[03:08] | I have some babysitting money saved, | 我做保姆存了些钱 |
[03:10] | so he said I could buy a couple new things. | 所以他说我可以买几样新东西 |
[03:12] | Some new pillows, maybe, | 可能买几个新枕头吧 |
[03:13] | a cool new lamp? | 买个新台灯? |
[03:15] | Hot. Let’s browse. | 很好 我们来看看 |
[03:16] | Okay, I’ll pull up my Pinterest. | 我去我的品趣志上找找 |
[03:18] | I still have some boards saved from when I moved, | 我搬家的时候还剩了些板材 |
[03:21] | -sorted by color story. -[laughs] | 按颜色分的类 |
[03:23] | Navy blue is nice. | 海军蓝不错 |
[03:26] | And it hides the dirt. | 也耐脏 |
[03:28] | How about a theme? Something personal that you love? | 那主题呢?你有特别喜欢的东西吗? -有 -百老汇音乐剧 |
[03:31] | -Oh, yeah. -Broadway musicals. | |
[03:33] | Or textiles. | 或者纺织品 |
[03:34] | What, like yarn? | 什么 纱线吗? |
[03:39] | [phone rings] | |
[03:41] | Thank God. | 感谢上苍 |
[03:43] | Hello, Baby-Sitters Club. | 你好 保姆俱乐部 |
[03:45] | Hi, Natalie. | 嗨 娜塔丽 好 我会看一下的 |
[03:47] | Mm-hmm. Okay, I’ll check. | |
[03:50] | Remember how I said I needed a job? | 还记得我说我需要工作吗? |
[03:52] | Can I take the next one instead? | 我能接下一个吗? |
[03:53] | Yeah, I’m broke, but not “sit for the Barretts” broke. | 我的确是穷 但还没穷到 要给巴雷特家带小孩的地步 |
[03:58] | What’s wrong with the Barretts? | 巴雷特家怎么了? |
[04:00] | The three kids are out of control, | 那三个孩子完全不受控制 |
[04:02] | and the mom is in a recently divorced wrecking ball phase. | 他们妈妈最近才离婚 还比较崩溃 |
[04:06] | That’s kind of reductive. | 这么说不太好吧 |
[04:08] | Excuse me. | 不好意思? |
[04:10] | I mean, newly divorced? A mom of three kids? | 我是说 刚离婚的妈妈 还带着三个娃 |
[04:15] | Of course she’s feeling overwhelmed. | 她肯定觉得招架不来啊 |
[04:17] | Then why don’t you take the job? | 那你去如何? |
[04:21] | Does that mean I’m in the Club? | 所以说我可以加入俱乐部了吗? |
[04:23] | Possibly, on a probationary basis. | 可能吧 现在还在试用期 |
[04:26] | We’ll see how she does… | 我们看看她做得怎么样 |
[04:29] | and then we’ll make a final decision. | 然后再做决定 |
[04:31] | So if she’s great, which she will be, she’s in? | 要是她做得好 她肯定能做的很好 就能入会了吗? |
[04:34] | And if she tanks, | 要是她搞砸了 |
[04:37] | Natalie loses our number forever. | 娜塔莉再也不会找我们了 |
[04:39] | It’s a win-win. | 双赢啊 |
[04:42] | Good luck and don’t say you weren’t warned. | 祝你好运 别说我没提醒过你 |
[04:45] | [Stacey] Hi, Natalie. | 嗨 娜塔丽 |
[04:46] | [Dawn] Kristy wasn’t gonna intimidate me. | 克里斯蒂可吓不倒我 |
[04:48] | I’m chill, but I don’t back down from a challenge. | 我虽然随和 但我会迎难而上 |
[04:51] | Plus, if anyone knew how to deal with a disorganized mom, | 再说了 说起丢三落四的妈妈 |
[04:55] | let’s just say I learned from the master. | 我家里可就有一位呢 |
[04:57] | Ooh, I am feeling the spirit of a polenta with the body of a risotto. | 我想吃意大利炖饭外壳下 包裹着的玉米粥的灵魂 |
[05:02] | Mom, every time you talk about a spirit of a dish, | 妈妈 你每次一说起食物的灵魂 |
[05:06] | -we don’t eat until ten o’clock. -Aww, here. Have a purse snack. | 我们十点之前都吃不上饭 来 吃点零食先 |
[05:10] | [hums] | |
[05:13] | Excuse me, I’m looking for the amaranth, and I– | 不好意思 我们想买苋菜还有… |
[05:15] | [gasps] Mr. Thompson? | 汤普森先生? |
[05:17] | Little Sharon, is that you? | 是小莎朗吗? |
[05:19] | [Dawn] This happens everywhere in Stoneybrook. | 这种情况在斯托尼布鲁克 到处都会发生 |
[05:22] | It’s like she never left. | 似乎她从未离开 |
[05:24] | Me on the other hand, | 而我呢 |
[05:25] | I’m still waiting for the universe to give me a sign that I belong here. | 我还在等待宇宙给我个示意 告诉我 我属于这里 嗨! |
[05:29] | [gasps] Hi! | |
[05:31] | -Long time no see. -[both laugh] | 好久不见啊 |
[05:33] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干嘛呢? |
[05:34] | Shopping for dinner. | 买菜做晚饭 我们也是 |
[05:35] | Oh. Us, too. | |
[05:37] | -[Dawn] Hi. -Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[05:40] | Richie! Hi. | 里奇! 嗨 |
[05:42] | Sharon. You’re here, where I am. | 莎朗 你来了啊 我也在 |
[05:46] | At the store, the shopping store. | 在超市 卖东西的超市 |
[05:48] | We’re shopping for food for dinner. | 我们买菜呢 买菜做晚饭 |
[05:52] | Would you want to join us for dinner tonight? | 你们今晚想来我家吃饭吗? |
[05:55] | We’d love to. | 好啊 |
[05:58] | They don’t have any amaranth. | 他们这儿没有卖苋菜 |
[06:01] | No amaranth? [scoffs] | 没有苋菜? |
[06:02] | What do they expect us to do, starve? [laughs] | 他们是想让我们饿死吗? |
[06:04] | -Like, hello! -[laughs] | 拜托? |
[06:06] | “Attention, shoppers. | “顾客们请注意 |
[06:07] | Stop looking for amaranth. It doesn’t exist.” Right? | 别再找苋菜了 我们这儿没有” 是吗? |
[06:10] | [laughing] | |
[06:13] | Right? I know. | 对吧? |
[06:14] | [Dawn] Two things. | 两件事 |
[06:15] | One, adults flirt by talking about ancient grains. | 第一 成年人调情 都是靠聊上古蔬菜的 |
[06:18] | And two, the universe may have wiretapped my inner monologue. | 第二 宇宙可能是监听了我的心声 |
[06:23] | -[silverware clatters] -[Richard] Mm. | |
[06:25] | That was delicious. | 真好吃 |
[06:26] | And I don’t think I’ve ever dated a man | 我觉得我还从来没约会过 |
[06:28] | that has such an extensive apron collection. | 收藏了这么多围裙的男人 |
[06:31] | Oh, well, if you found that impressive, you’re going to love my… | 你要是喜欢那些 那你会爱上我的… |
[06:35] | chef’s coats. | 厨师外套 玛丽安 禁止带手机上餐桌 |
[06:37] | -[cell phone chimes] -Mary Anne, no phones at the table. | |
[06:39] | Oh, it’s mine, actually. Hang on. | 哦 其实是我的 我看看 |
[06:41] | -Different families, different rules. -Hmm. | 各家有各家的规矩 是克劳迪娅 “玛丽安房间的装修新点子” |
[06:44] | Hmm. Claudia. “More plans for Mary Anne’s room.” | |
[06:47] | And she sent some mood boards. | 她发来了一些情绪板 |
[06:49] | Mood boards. For your room. | 情绪板? 放你房间里的? |
[06:52] | You said I could change some things, remember? | 你说我可以装修一下我的房间的 不记得了吗? |
[06:55] | It’s such a fun project for the girls, | 姑娘们都可享受改装房间了 |
[06:57] | and I’d be happy to help. | 我也很乐意帮忙 |
[06:58] | I have an attic full of stuff I would love to find a new home for. | 我阁楼里有好多东西 我很愿意帮他们找到新主人 别太过火就行 |
[07:01] | Hmm. Just don’t go overboard. | |
[07:06] | Sharon, may I offer you some coffee? | 莎朗 要来杯咖啡吗? |
[07:08] | -Oh, let me help. -Oh. | 我来帮忙吧 |
[07:12] | Oh, and, girls, pick up the dishes. | 姑娘们 把碗筷收拾一下 |
[07:17] | He’s sane! | 他居然讲道理了 |
[07:18] | -It’s a miracle. -[both laugh] | 奇迹啊 |
[07:20] | Is this what having normal parents is like? | 这就是有一个正常家长的滋味吗? |
[07:22] | [laughs] | |
[07:23] | [Dawn] It sure felt that way. | 没错 就是这个滋味 |
[07:26] | The next day at the Barretts, | 第二天在巴雷特家 |
[07:28] | I was totally unprepared for what I was walking into. | 我完全没准备好迎接眼前这一切 |
[07:31] | [shrieking] | |
[07:37] | The floor is lava! | 地板就是岩浆 |
[07:39] | -Ugh. Lava. -I’m safe. I’m on the chair. | -岩浆 -我在椅子上 所以安全了 我是道恩 你们妈妈在家吗? |
[07:42] | [crying] | |
[07:44] | [laughs] I’m Dawn. Is your mom here? | |
[07:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:48] | [woman] Does this look read, | 我这身行头有没有种 |
[07:49] | “Executive using a travel website to book a last-minute getaway”? | “高管上网订了次 说走就走的旅行”的感觉? |
[07:53] | Um, sure, I think? | 有吧? |
[07:55] | Oh, great. ‘Cause I have an audition and I was worried | 很好 因为我要去试镜 我还很担心 |
[07:57] | it was a little bit too “My ex has a jet.” | 这有种“我前夫有架私人飞机”的感觉 |
[07:59] | Ugh! I wish. Anyway, thank you so much, Dana. | 希望吧 谢谢你啦 德娜 |
[08:03] | -Oh, my baby’s crying. -Oh, it’s Dawn, actually. | -宝宝哭了 -其实我叫道恩 |
[08:08] | Oh, I know why. Uh-oh. | 我知道为什么了 |
[08:09] | Someone needs a diaper change. Here you go. | 要换尿片了 给你 |
[08:14] | Um, is there anything I should know? | 有什么要我注意的吗? |
[08:17] | -Any house rules? -Oh, I’m already late. | 家里有什么规矩吗? 我已经迟到了 |
[08:20] | You’re gonna do amazing. I can already tell. [laughs] | 你可以的 我看得出来 |
[08:24] | [blows kisses] | |
[08:26] | Dawn, you’re in lava! | 道恩! 你站在岩浆里了! 好吧 |
[08:30] | Oh, right. Um… uh… | |
[08:34] | Maybe Kristy had a point. | 克里斯蒂可能说的没错 |
[08:35] | Natalie was a little all over the place. | 娜塔丽的确是有点难搞 |
[08:37] | But my membership in the BSC was at stake. | 但我还想在保姆俱乐部有一席之地呢 |
[08:40] | If I could help this family, I’d almost be getting one of my own. | 要是这次能做好 那我就能接到自己的客户了 |
[08:44] | -“He was missing his baseball hat, -[gasps] | “他很想念自己的棒球帽 |
[08:46] | but he kept walking along.” | 但还是继续往前走” |
[08:50] | -Dawn, how? -I don’t know that one. | -道恩 你怎么做到的? -我不知道 |
[08:53] | I mean, how? | 这是怎么做到的? |
[08:54] | A little elbow grease. | 是有点棘手 |
[08:56] | The kids helped. | 不过孩子们都帮忙了 |
[08:58] | Wow. I’m very impressed. | 哇 惊到我了 |
[09:00] | [Dawn] She was so impressed, she asked me back the next day. | 她特别满意我的工作 所以第二天又叫我过去了 |
[09:04] | -[shouts, grunting] -And the next. | 还有第三天 |
[09:06] | And the next. | 第四天 |
[09:07] | -Put the scissors down! -[laughing] | 把剪刀放下! |
[09:12] | Dawn, can you find Buddy’s sword? | 道恩 你能找找巴迪的剪刀吗? |
[09:14] | Do you think I should grow out my bangs? | 你觉得我是不是该把刘海剪了? |
[09:17] | Sure, yeah. | 当然了 |
[09:18] | Maybe I should get a perm. | 或许应该去烫个头发 |
[09:21] | [Dawn] So, yeah, Natalie was a little forgetful. | 没错 娜塔丽有点健忘 |
[09:23] | So forgetful, she apparently forgot to come home that night. | 特别健忘 晚上都忘了回家 |
[09:26] | Oh, no, you can’t just take the kids ’cause your mother’s in town. | 你不能因为你妈来了就把孩子接走 |
[09:29] | Well, where was your mother last weekend when I needed you to take the kids, huh? | 那上周我需要你帮忙带孩子的时候 你妈去哪儿了? |
[09:33] | Where was she then? Oh, no– | 她在哪儿呢?不… |
[09:34] | -Natalie, I have to go. -Hi. | -娜塔丽 我得回家了 -嗨 |
[09:36] | [girl] Mommy, can I have some water? | 妈妈 能给我倒点水喝吗? |
[09:38] | Oh, no, you’re pathetic. | 不 你真悲哀 |
[09:40] | -Your check came one week late this month. -[Dawn sighs] | 你这个月的抚养费晚了一周到账 |
[09:42] | And what does that really say about you as a dad, hmm? | 你觉得自己是个好爸爸吗? |
[09:46] | [snores lightly] | |
[09:48] | [Claudia] So, acid yellow or dove gray? | 所以选柠檬黄还是鸽灰色? |
[09:52] | Dawn. Dawn! | 道恩? 道恩? 我没事 就是不小心睡着了 |
[09:54] | [grunts] Huh? I’m fine, I just dozed off. | |
[09:57] | You fell asleep in biology class today. Mrs. Fairmont definitely noticed. | 你今天在生物课上睡着了 费尔蒙特老师绝对注意到了 |
[10:02] | It’s just… | 就是… |
[10:03] | [sighs] The Barretts. | 是因为巴雷特家 |
[10:05] | Knew it. | 我就知道 |
[10:07] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[10:08] | They’re impossible. | 他们真的不可理喻 |
[10:09] | Natalie leaves the house looking like an earthquake hit it. | 娜塔丽家就像刚刚地震过一样 |
[10:12] | I mean, I started straightening up to help, | 我刚开始试着帮忙收拾 |
[10:15] | but now she expects it, | 结果她现在就等着我打扫了 |
[10:16] | and she’s bad about coming back on time, | 然后她每次都不准时回家 |
[10:18] | and the kids have no discipline. | 孩子们一点规矩都没有 |
[10:21] | Sounds horrible. | 听起来真糟糕啊 |
[10:23] | It’ll be okay, you know? I’ll just… | 会好的 我就只要… |
[10:26] | have some sleep, and… | 睡好觉 然后… |
[10:29] | I’ll be fine. | 就没事了 |
[10:30] | [Claudia] Cancel. Now. | 别干了 立刻 马上 |
[10:33] | Seriously, Dawn. You can’t keep living like this, | 讲真的 道恩 你不能再这样了 |
[10:35] | falling asleep in corners and during frog dissections. | 在青蛙解剖课上躲到角落里睡觉 |
[10:38] | [Dawn] But the kids need me. | 但孩子们需要我 |
[10:39] | Bailing on them with everything going on | 现在丢下他们不管 |
[10:42] | would just make everything worse. | 会让一切变得更糟糕的 |
[10:45] | And I’m still on probation, right? | 我还在试用期 不是吗? |
[10:49] | Maybe you can talk to Natalie. | 你要不跟娜塔丽谈谈吧 |
[10:52] | Discuss what’s okay and what’s not to ask of a babysitter. | 跟她说说保姆该做什么 不该做什么 |
[10:55] | Or maybe the family just needs someone a little more experienced, | 或者他们家只是需要更有经验的保姆 |
[11:00] | someone who can set boundaries. | 能划清界限的保姆 |
[11:05] | [Dawn] Of course! That was the answer. | 没错 这就是解决方法! |
[11:08] | Allow the divine spark in myself | 让我心里神圣的小火花 |
[11:10] | to recognize the divine spark within Kristy Thomas. | 激发克里斯蒂托马斯心底的小火花 |
[11:13] | Namaste her into submission. | 委婉地劝她屈服 |
[11:18] | Kristy, you know how much I want to join the club. | 克里斯蒂 你知道我有多想加入俱乐部 |
[11:22] | I don’t want to fail these kids. | 我不想让这些孩子失望 |
[11:24] | You are the most experienced sitter I know. | 你是我认识的最有经验的保姆了 |
[11:28] | What if you came over to my house tomorrow | 你明天来我家 |
[11:30] | and gave me some tips? | 给我点建议好不好? |
[11:33] | [doorbell rings] | |
[11:36] | -Hi! | -Hi! Kristy! Oh, come here. [grunts] 嗨 克里斯蒂! 快请进 |
[11:40] | So nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[11:41] | -Welcome to the neighborhood. -[gasps, laughs] | 欢迎来到我们这一片 |
[11:43] | -Here you go. I’m Liz Thomas. -Thank you. | 给 我是莉斯托马斯 |
[11:45] | Nice to meet you. Sharon Porter. | 很高兴认识你 我是莎朗波特 |
[11:46] | I’ve been meaning to stop by and say hello. | 我一直都想登门拜访呢 |
[11:49] | I actually tried to get this listing for months. | 我想把这房子挂到市场上 想了好几个月了 |
[11:51] | Oh, well, come in. | 请进吧 |
[11:52] | The house was empty for quite a while. | 这房子空了好长一阵呢 |
[11:55] | My parents have a lot of property that we don’t know what to do with. | 我爸妈名下有太多房产了 我们都不知道怎么办好 |
[11:58] | I had no idea. | 我怎么不知道呢 |
[11:59] | Sorry, my mom networks like most people breathe. | 不好意思 对我妈妈来说 社交就像呼吸一样 |
[12:02] | How about you give me a tour? | 你带我转转怎么样? |
[12:03] | Oh, I would love to. Come down, come down. | 好啊 快来 |
[12:05] | Oh, Kristy, Dawn’s upstairs. Shut the door, will you? | 克里斯蒂 道恩在楼上 你能不能把门关上? |
[12:08] | So down here, I’m going to brew my own kombucha. | 来楼下 我正想自己做昆布茶呢 |
[12:11] | [Liz] Kombucha! | 昆布茶! |
[12:12] | [Sharon] For adults only. | 只给大人喝哦 |
[12:13] | What temperature is officially a fever? | 发烧体温是多少度? |
[12:15] | 99.8 Fahrenheit under the tongue, | 口腔温度37.6摄氏度 |
[12:18] | and 100.4 Fahrenheit in the behind. | 肛门温度38摄氏度 |
[12:20] | Right, and what makes the perfect crust on a grilled cheese? | 正确 烤芝士三明治 有脆边的秘诀是什么? |
[12:25] | A hot pan? | 用热锅煎? |
[12:27] | Mayonnaise or Nayonaise if you must, | 用蛋黄酱 也可以用素食蛋黄酱代替 |
[12:29] | but always ask the client if they’re okay with you using the stove. | 不过要记得问客户 愿不愿意让你用他们家烤箱 |
[12:31] | And about any food allergies. | 至于食物过敏 |
[12:33] | You never know, and a parent may forget to tell you. | 这事难以预料 家长可能会忘了告诉你 |
[12:37] | I mean, it’s a small town, so there’s not a ton of options, | 镇子这么小 也没太多选择 |
[12:40] | but Watson, my fiancé, does have a few decent friends, | 但我未婚夫沃森有几个 还挺体面的朋友 其中有几个不秃 |
[12:43] | and they’re not all bald. | |
[12:44] | -[both laugh] -Well, actually, I’m seeing someone. | 其实我现在有个约会对象 |
[12:47] | -Oh! -Or seeing again, that is. | 或者说是吃了回头草 |
[12:49] | We knew each other in high school. | 我们高中就认识了 |
[12:51] | We’re taking it slow, but… | 我们现在进展比较慢 但是… |
[12:54] | Sounds romantic. | 好浪漫啊 |
[12:55] | Would I know who this person is? | 可以告诉我是谁吗? |
[12:57] | -Richard Spier. -[exclaims] | 理查德斯皮尔? |
[12:58] | [whistling] | |
[12:59] | What is that? | 什么声音? |
[13:01] | That’s just Kristy, I’m sure. | 肯定是克里斯蒂 |
[13:03] | Richard, huh? | 是理查德啊? |
[13:05] | -Yeah, you know him? -I do. | -对 你认识? -认识 认识 |
[13:07] | -[laughing] -I do. | |
[13:11] | I’m sorry. He’s not quite… | 不好意思 他有点不太… |
[13:14] | the person that I would picture you with. Do you know what I mean? | 像是你会交往的人 你懂我意思吗? |
[13:18] | Oh, what makes you say that? | 怎么这么说? 他还行吧 |
[13:19] | Uh, he means well. | |
[13:23] | You just seem so lovely and free, | 你看起来可人又自由 |
[13:26] | and he just tucks that shirt in so tight. | 而他呢 总是把衬衫紧紧掖进裤子里 |
[13:29] | -You know what I’m saying? -He does. | -你懂吗? -的确是 |
[13:31] | But, you know, he’s been through a lot, | 但是他经历了不少事 |
[13:34] | and actually, he’s really easygoing and sweet. | 而且他其实挺随和 挺贴心的 |
[13:37] | -Aww. -Just like when we were kids, so… | 还跟我们小时候一样 所以… |
[13:40] | Well, I’m glad to hear he’s coming out of his shell. | 很高兴看到他能走出自己的保护壳 |
[13:42] | -[whistling] -All right! | 是啊 够了! |
[13:45] | -God! -[yawns] | 天呐! |
[13:46] | [continues whistling] | |
[13:48] | The whistle shocked him enough to drop the baguette. | 这声口哨能吓到他丢掉法棍 |
[13:51] | You have to get them calm so they can tell you what’s really the matter. | 你要让他们冷静下来才能告诉你 到底是出了什么事 |
[13:54] | David Michael wasn’t really upset that the cheese was too yellow. | 大卫迈克尔不是真的因为 芝士太黄了才不高兴 |
[13:58] | He felt ignored, so he wielded bread as his weapon. | 他是感觉自己被忽视了 所以拿面包当武器 |
[14:01] | Totally. | 绝对是这样 |
[14:02] | How do you whistle like that? | 你的口哨是怎么吹的啊? |
[14:04] | It’s a family secret. | 家族独门绝技 |
[14:06] | Oh, come on. | 求求了 |
[14:08] | Okay, fine, so you put your hand like this, | 好吧 你把手这么放 |
[14:10] | and then you… tightly behind your teeth. | 然后你…紧紧放在门牙后面 |
[14:12] | [cell phone ringing] | |
[14:14] | [chuckles] Sorry, my dad always Facetimes me around this time. | 不好意思 我爸总在这个时候 给我打视频电话 |
[14:17] | -Like, every day? -Almost. | -每天都打? -差不多吧 |
[14:20] | We try and catch up more on the weekends. | 我们周末的时候总想多聊聊 |
[14:23] | Hi, Daddy. | 嗨 爸爸 |
[14:24] | Hey, baby! Say hi to Gus! | 嘿 宝贝 快跟格斯问好! |
[14:26] | She was about to say hi. | 她正要问好呢 |
[14:28] | Hi, Gus. What are you guys making? | 嗨 格斯 你们在做什么呢? |
[14:30] | [dad] Frittatas with pea shoots. | 菜肉馅煎蛋饼配豌豆苗 |
[14:31] | Are you being insane about the size of the chopped vegetables? | 你们认真的吗 蔬菜切这么大? |
[14:34] | Um, I should go. | 我要走了 |
[14:36] | Oh, wait. Daddy, can I call you back? | 等等 爸爸 我过会儿给你回电话好吗? |
[14:37] | No, it’s fine. Talk to your dad. | 没事的 跟你爸爸聊天吧 |
[14:41] | [Dawn] Maybe taking a call was against babysitting protocol, | 可能接私人电话 违反了做保姆的规矩吧 |
[14:44] | but it wasn’t the only one she pulled a disappearing act on. | 但这不是她第一次闪身走人 |
[14:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:49] | She booked it out of my house like I told her I had leprosy or something. | 但她冲出我家门的时候就像 我告诉她我得了麻风病一样 |
[14:52] | Maybe she didn’t feel good. | 可能她身体不舒服? |
[14:54] | Yeah. | 可能吧 |
[14:55] | You know what would really pop? A statement wall. | 你知道什么最酷吗?表达墙 |
[14:58] | But the wallpaper border, we can’t just paint over that. | 但还有墙纸边缘 我们不能直接画在上面 |
[15:01] | Well, it’s starting to peel in the corner over here. | 那边角落已经开始有点脱落了 |
[15:04] | Let’s see. [grunts] | 我看看 |
[15:06] | -Ahh! -[laughing] | |
[15:09] | [Sharon] Here. | 这儿 |
[15:10] | Get up here. | 上来 |
[15:12] | [Claudia] Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[15:13] | -[Sharon] There we go! -[laughing] | 好了! |
[15:16] | -What’s going on? -[gasps] Richie! There you are. | 这是怎么了? 里奇!你在这儿呢 |
[15:19] | We’re trying to see if we can paint over the border. | 我们想看看能不能在边上画点东西 |
[15:21] | By ripping paper off the walls of my house? | 所以就要把我家墙纸撕了? |
[15:23] | Dad, it was already peeling. | 爸爸 墙纸已经有点脱落了 |
[15:25] | I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn’t pull off the plaster. | 我就是想确定一下 这不会把石膏一起扯下来 |
[15:28] | My daughter and I talked about pillows and a lamp. | 我女儿跟我说要换 枕头和台灯 |
[15:37] | [sighs] | |
[15:39] | Richard, I just thought it’d be fun for us all to have a little, you know, | 理查德 我觉得 我们几个女孩子要是能 |
[15:43] | girls’ time in here | 一起在这找找乐子 -涂上点鲜艳颜色… -你们该走了 |
[15:45] | -and paint it bright colors– -You should go. | |
[15:48] | All of you. | 所有人都走 |
[15:49] | Well, maybe if we just talk about this– | 我们能不能聊聊… |
[15:51] | I’m sorry, I think it’s just too late. | 不好意思 时间不早了 |
[15:56] | Uh, girls. | 姑娘们 |
[15:58] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[15:59] | Come on, sweetie. | 走吧 宝贝 |
[16:15] | [exhales] | |
[16:21] | [Dawn] My mom didn’t say another word for the rest of the night. | 我妈妈那天晚上一句话都没有说 |
[16:26] | [Natalie sobbing] I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[16:29] | I know it hasn’t been easy. [sniffles] | 我知道工作不好做 |
[16:33] | But if you could see inside my heart, | 但你要是能看到我内心真实的想法 |
[16:36] | you would see… | 你就会发现… |
[16:38] | Oh, shoot. Line! | 哦不 忘词了! |
[16:40] | “You would see how much I need this kidney, Dr. Blatchton.” | “你会发现我真的需要这颗肾 布莱士顿医生” |
[16:44] | Why do I keep tripping on that line? | 为什么我每次都记不住那句台词? |
[16:46] | -Can I go play with David Michael? -You’re grounded for flooding my bathroom. | -我能去找大卫迈克尔玩吗? -你把浴室弄的都是水 所以被禁足了 |
[16:50] | I was being Aquaman! | 我那是在演海王呢! |
[16:53] | Natalie, um… I’ve been meaning to talk to you. | 娜塔丽… 我一直都想跟你谈谈 |
[16:56] | He’s just like his father. | 他跟他爸爸一个样 |
[16:58] | He wants what he wants when he wants it. | 他想要某样东西的时候就必须得到 |
[17:01] | Yeah, but– | 没错 但是… |
[17:03] | So you give it and then you give up on yourself. | 你给了他 就放弃了自己 |
[17:07] | And then one day you’re alone, starting over, | 然后你变得孤身一人 重新开始 |
[17:11] | one yogurt commercial audition at a time. | 一次只能接到一条酸奶广告 |
[17:16] | But I have to make it work. | 但我得振作起来 |
[17:19] | I have to prove to my kids that I can make something of myself. | 因为我想让我的孩子们看到 我能证明我自己 |
[17:27] | Of course you do. | 你当然可以 |
[17:29] | Dawn. [sniffles, sighs] | 道恩 |
[17:32] | You’re the best. | 你最好了 |
[17:34] | I’ll be back after my cryogenic freeze facial. | 我去做个低温冷冻面部美容就回来 |
[17:37] | Wait, I thought you had an audition. | 等等 我还以为你有试镜呢 |
[17:38] | Monday. I have to look my best. | 那是周一 我得看起来容光焕发 |
[17:43] | Toodle-oo! | 拜拜 |
[17:47] | [sighs] | |
[17:50] | Hey, Buddy. | 嘿 巴迪 |
[17:52] | Want to have a “Great British Snack Off”? | 想看集烹饪综艺节目吗? |
[17:55] | Buddy! | 巴迪! |
[18:01] | Buddy? | 巴迪? |
[18:03] | Bu– | |
[18:06] | Buddy! | 巴迪! |
[18:09] | Buddy! | 巴迪? |
[18:10] | Okay. Okay. He wanted to play with David Michael, | 没事 没事 他想去找大卫迈克尔玩 |
[18:13] | [panting] so he must have gone there. | 所以他肯定是去那里了 |
[18:15] | I knew calling Kristy meant I would never be in The Baby-Sitters Club, | 我知道给克里斯蒂打电话就意味着 我再也不能加入保姆俱乐部了 |
[18:18] | but finding Buddy was more important. | 但找到巴迪才是头等大事 |
[18:23] | [rings] | (克里斯蒂托马斯 正在连接中…) |
[18:26] | Speaking. | 请讲 |
[18:27] | -Is Buddy Barrett at your house? –Aren’t you watching him? | -巴迪巴雷特在你家吗? -你不是看着他呢吗? |
[18:30] | He left the back door open, and he’s not here. | 他把后门打开了 现在人不在家 |
[18:32] | And he said he wanted to go to your house. | 他刚刚说想去你家 |
[18:36] | I’m on my way. | 我马上过去 |
[18:37] | Hi, uh, this is Kristy. | 嗨 我是克里斯蒂 |
[18:39] | Dawn and I were sitting for Buddy Barrett. | 道恩和我在照看巴迪巴雷特 |
[18:42] | -Buddy, he’s gone and… -[Dawn] Natalie’s phone was off, | -巴迪…不见了 然后… -娜塔丽关机了 |
[18:45] | and naturally, she left no other numbers. | 她当然也没留下备用号码 |
[18:47] | So Kristy found the school directory | 克里斯蒂找到了学校通讯录 |
[18:49] | and called everywhere she thought Buddy could be. | 把巴迪能去的地方的电话都打了个遍 |
[18:51] | Nobody’d seen him. | 没人见过他 |
[18:52] | I was afraid he had run away or been taken. | 我很担心他跑掉或者被坏人抓住 |
[18:55] | So Kristy called the cops, and I called my mom. | 所以克里斯蒂跟我报了警 我给妈妈打了电话 |
[18:59] | -They’re gonna find him, baby. -[whimpers] | 他们会找到他的 宝贝 |
[19:00] | -What if they don’t? -They will. | -要是找不到呢? -会找到的 |
[19:03] | [kisses] | |
[19:04] | [man] Hello. | 你好? |
[19:09] | What’s going on? | 这是怎么了? |
[19:11] | Sir, I need you to identify yourself. | 先生 我需要看你的证件 |
[19:13] | -Okay. -Daddy! I love you! | -好吧 -爸爸! 我爱你! |
[19:16] | [dad] I love you, too, munchkin. | 我也爱你 小矮人 |
[19:19] | Dawn, you should have seen me today at swim class. | 道恩 你真该看看我 今天在游泳课上的英姿 |
[19:22] | -I held my breath for one whole lap. -[exhales] | 我游了一整圈都没换气 |
[19:25] | Officers, I’m Hamilton Barrett. I’m Buddy’s father. | 长官 我是汉密尔顿巴雷特 巴迪的父亲 |
[19:28] | I picked Buddy up a couple hours ago for swimming lessons, like I always do. | 我几小时前送巴迪去上游泳课了 一直都是这样的 |
[19:32] | Didn’t Natalie tell you about that? | 娜塔丽没跟你说吗? |
[19:33] | What? | 什么? |
[19:35] | No. She must have– | 没有 她肯定是… |
[19:37] | Forgotten. Yeah. | 忘了 对 |
[19:38] | Of course. It’s not surprising. | 当然了 我一点都不惊讶 |
[19:41] | Buddy was outside. I thought he was waiting for me. | 巴迪在外面站着 我以为他是在等我 |
[19:43] | She does that sometimes, so we don’t have to see each other. | 她有时候会这么干 因为这样我们就不用碰面了 |
[19:46] | I didn’t know she had a sitter today. I’m so sorry. | 我不知道她今天请了保姆 真不好意思 |
[19:50] | -You must have had quite a scare. -[baby wailing] | 你肯定吓坏了吧 |
[19:53] | That’s Marnie, I’ll– | 是玛尔妮 我… |
[19:54] | [Hamilton] No, I’ll grab her. | 没事 我来吧 |
[19:55] | Sir, we just have a few more questions, | 先生 我们还有几个问题要问 |
[19:57] | and we should probably talk to your ex-wife. | 然后应该找你前妻聊聊 |
[19:59] | Of course, whatever you need. | 当然了 你有什么需要尽管说 |
[20:01] | All right, I’ll be right back. | 好的 我一会儿就回 |
[20:03] | All right, let’s go check on your sister. | 好了 我们去看看妹妹 |
[20:05] | [Suzi and Buddy] Check on my sister. | 看看妹妹 看看妹妹 |
[20:14] | Can you believe this? | 你敢相信吗? |
[20:17] | Natalie not telling me about Buddy’s dad taking him swimming? | 娜塔丽没告诉我 巴迪的爸爸要送他去上游泳课 |
[20:20] | So I was supposed to hand over a kid to a strange man, | 所以我要把她儿子交给一个陌生男人 |
[20:24] | while she’s off having her face frozen off or something? | 而她跑去冻脸了? |
[20:30] | [Sharon] Girls! | 姑娘们! |
[20:31] | -Are you okay? -Yeah. | -你们还好吗? -没事 |
[20:35] | [Dawn] I didn’t know what was wrong. | 我不知道出了什么事 |
[20:36] | And then, | 然后 |
[20:37] | I remembered something a very wise, very experienced babysitter told me. | 我想起一个非常聪明又资深的保姆 跟我说过的话 |
[20:41] | [shouts] | |
[20:44] | I’m– I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:45] | I wanted you to calm down and tell me what was wrong. | 我希望你能冷静一下 告诉我出了什么事 就像解释大卫迈克尔跟面包那样 |
[20:48] | [stammers] Like David Michael and the bread. | |
[20:52] | [Dawn sighs] | |
[20:55] | [laughs] His dad. | 他爸爸 |
[20:57] | He was with his dad all the time. | 他一直都跟他爸爸在一起 |
[20:59] | Everyone’s dad is just so desperate to hang out with them. | 大家的爸爸都 特别想跟自己的孩子在一起 |
[21:03] | Mr. Barrett takes Buddy to swimming. | 巴雷特先生带巴迪去游泳 |
[21:06] | Mary Anne’s dad wants her home with him every second of every day, | 玛丽安的爸爸每天都希望她在家陪他 |
[21:09] | and your dad Facetimes you constantly, but my dad… | 你爸爸总是跟你打视频电话 而我爸爸… |
[21:16] | My dad left me. | 我爸爸抛弃了我 |
[21:19] | I don’t know where he is. | 我连他在哪儿都不知道 |
[21:21] | [sighs] He hasn’t called me in a year and a half. | 他一年半都没给我打电话了 |
[21:25] | [exhales] | |
[21:28] | [sobbing] | |
[21:30] | [Dawn] Behind every tantrum is something else. | 大家发脾气都是为了掩盖些什么 |
[21:35] | Kristy, look at me. | 克里斯蒂 你转过身来 |
[21:39] | You have many, many people who want to be in your life. | 你身边有很多很多人想走进你的生活 |
[21:42] | Your mom and your brothers, | 你妈妈 你的兄弟们 |
[21:45] | the Club, Mary Anne. | 俱乐部的姑娘们 玛丽安 |
[21:48] | My mom has Watson. | 我妈妈有沃森了 |
[21:49] | My brothers have each other. | 我的兄弟们有彼此 |
[21:52] | Mary Anne has you. | 玛丽安有你 |
[21:54] | That doesn’t mean she loves you any less. | 但这不意味着她就因此少爱你几分啊 |
[21:58] | She’s still your friend. | 她还是你的朋友 |
[22:01] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[22:03] | But… | 但是… |
[22:05] | I’ve been so mean to you. [sniffles] | 我对你那么刻薄 |
[22:08] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[22:11] | We’re both strong women with big personalities. | 我们都是心胸宽广的强大女孩 |
[22:13] | [laughs] | |
[22:14] | And you can’t just let anyone into the BSC. | 再说了 你也不能随便拉人进俱乐部 |
[22:18] | I think I should probably let you in. | 我觉得 我应该请你入会 |
[22:22] | No more probation? | 试用期过了? |
[22:25] | You’ll need a title. | 你需要个头衔 |
[22:26] | Alternate officer. It means you’ll do it all. | 候补长官 这意味着你要把事都做了 |
[22:30] | Because you can. | 因为你可以的 |
[22:32] | You are kind of alternative, | 你是可替代的 |
[22:35] | in a ’90s sense. | 不过是按90年代的标准 |
[22:38] | I should probably clean this up. | 我该收拾一下了 娜塔丽不会注意到的 |
[22:40] | Oh, Natalie won’t even notice. | |
[22:43] | [laughing] | |
[22:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:49] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[22:52] | [sighs] | |
[22:54] | [Dawn] We don’t have a choice in who our parents are. | 我们无法选择自己的父母 |
[22:57] | -You get who you get. -[knock on door] | 这是上天注定的 |
[23:01] | Hey. It’s time for dinner. | 嘿 该吃晚饭了 |
[23:04] | Go away. | 你走 |
[23:10] | [Dawn] If you’re lucky enough to have them at all. | 要是你足够幸运能拥有父母的话 |
[23:15] | There are no bylaws of being a mom or dad. | 做父母没有什么章程可循 |
[23:18] | No rules. | 没有规则可依 |
[23:19] | No written constitution you can read over winter break. | 没有成文法可以让你放寒假的时候读 |
[23:29] | [shudders] | |
[23:34] | -Try the eggplant. It sings. -Hmm. | 你尝尝这茄子 特辣 |
[23:37] | -[cell phone ringing] -[groans] | |
[23:39] | “Natalie Barrett.” Oh, no. | 娜塔丽巴雷特?哦不 |
[23:43] | This is Dawn’s phone. This is her mother. | 这是道恩的手机 我是她妈妈 |
[23:45] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[23:46] | I’m sorry, Dawn cannot come to the phone right now. | 不好意思 道恩现在不能接电话 |
[23:49] | She’s a kid who has her own life to live. | 她还是个孩子 还有生活要享受 |
[23:51] | Sort out yours and then you can apologize to my daughter. | 管好你自己的生活 然后再来跟我女儿道歉 |
[23:57] | I could have told her that myself. | 我可以自己跟她说清楚的 |
[23:59] | I know, baby, but I’m your mom, | 我知道 宝贝 但我是你妈妈 |
[24:02] | and once in a while, I want to take care of you. | 我偶尔也想照顾下你 |
[24:05] | [Dawn] Parents are just older weirdos doing the best they can. | 父母不过是年长的怪胎 尽自己所能照顾我们 |
[24:08] | Now try the eggplant. | 现在尝尝茄子 |
[24:09] | [Dawn] Just like the rest of us. | 跟我们都一样 |
[24:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:13] | [both laughing] Three, two, one. | 三 二 一 |
[24:17] | Eat it! | 吃! |
[24:18] | ♪ …it’ll be a great day-aye ♪ | |
[24:22] | ♪ Long week, but it’s done now ♪ | |
[24:25] | ♪ We about to have some fun now ♪ | |
[24:27] | ♪ Call my friends, yeah, it’s going down Until we say-aye-aye ♪ | |
[24:32] | ♪ You knew that every chance that I get ♪ | |
[24:35] | ♪ I’m gonna dance, you know it ♪ | |
[24:38] | ♪ Clap my hands Whether we go on and on and on ♪ | |
[24:42] | ♪ You only get one life So make sure do it right ♪ | |
[24:47] | ♪ Going big every time ♪ | |
[24:51] | -♪ I’m not gonna let you get to me -♪ No! ♪ | |
[24:53] | ♪ When I feel like I’m falling down ♪ | |
[24:55] | ♪ I gotta put my feet back On the ground ♪ | |
[24:58] | ♪ And I turn my frown upside down Like aye-aye-aye ♪ | |
[25:03] | ♪ When I’m about to lose my mind I just turn that dial way up to nine ♪ | |
[25:08] | ♪ And I throw my hands up every time Like aye-aye-aye ♪ | |
[25:13] | ♪ Hey! ♪ | |
[25:17] | ♪ On the beach getting burned out ♪ | |
[25:19] | ♪ School’s out, about to turn up ♪ | |
[25:22] | ♪ All we ever really learned was Do it our way-aye-aye ♪ |