时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | ♪ Looking in the mirror again and again ♪ | NETFLIX 原创剧集 |
[00:09] | ♪ Wishing the reflection Would tell me something ♪ | |
[00:11] | ♪ I can’t get a hold of myself… ♪ | |
[00:13] | [Kristy] Summertime is the weirdest time. | 暑假是最奇怪的时间 |
[00:15] | When it’s happening, it feels like it’ll last forever, | 当来临的时候 感觉会永远持续下去 |
[00:18] | and then when it’s over, it feels like it never happened at all. | 然后在结束的时候 又感觉就像什么都没发生过 |
[00:21] | Except for this one, | 除了这个暑假 |
[00:23] | because this was the summer when everything changed. | 因为这个暑假一切都变了 |
[00:26] | My mom got married, and when my friends and I got back to Stoneybrook from camp, | 我妈妈结婚了 当我和朋友们从营地 回到斯斯托尼布鲁克时 |
[00:31] | I had a new house, a new family. | 我有了一个新房子、一个新家庭 |
[00:35] | Most of our stuff came with us, | 我们的大部分东西都带来了 |
[00:37] | but some things didn’t. | 但有些东西没带不来 |
[00:41] | It’s hard to sleep without him. | 没有它我很难入睡 |
[00:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[00:51] | Do you think he knew it was gonna happen when they took him to the vet? | 你觉得他们带它去看兽医的时候 它就知道会这样吗? |
[00:55] | He was so sick, buddy. | 它病得很重 朋友 |
[00:58] | And he was in a lot of pain. | 它很痛苦 |
[01:01] | He knew the vet would make it go away. | 它知道兽医会让病痛消失的 |
[01:04] | And he knew we really loved him. | 它也知道我们真的很爱它 |
[01:07] | [Kristy] David Michael had been like this pretty much every day since our dog Louie, | 大卫·迈克尔几乎每天都是这样 自从我们的狗 路易 |
[01:11] | well, you know. | 你懂的 |
[01:14] | His whole life, most of mine too, | 它的一生也是我的大部分人生 |
[01:17] | Louie had been waiting at the door for us to get home. | 路易总是会在门口等着我们回家 |
[01:21] | But now he was gone. | 但现在它走了 |
[01:23] | Come on. Let’s go get some breakfast. | 走吧 我们去吃早餐吧 |
[01:28] | [Kristy] And home wasn’t home anymore. Not that Mom and Watson weren’t trying. | 家也不再是家了 并不是妈妈和沃森没有努力 |
[01:32] | Good morning, sleepyheads. | 早上好 懒虫们 |
[01:35] | Welcome to the Thomas-Brewer family breakfast buffet! | 欢迎光临托马斯·布鲁尔 家庭自助早餐! |
[01:40] | Why do they do this every weekend? | 他们为什么每个周末都这么做? |
[01:42] | To make us feel more like a family. | 为了让我们感觉更像一家人 |
[01:45] | [Kristy] It was all really nice, | 一切都很美好 |
[01:46] | but, to me, family is when you can put your feet up | 但对我来说 家庭就是你可以把脚翘起来 |
[01:49] | and eat dry cereal out of the box with your hands. | 用手拿着盒子里的干麦片吃 |
[01:51] | This was not that, | 这里不是那样的 |
[01:53] | no matter how much fruit salad my mom made. | 不管我妈妈做了多少水果沙拉 |
[01:55] | David Michael, you have got to taste the pancakes that Watson made. | 大卫·迈克尔 你一定要尝尝沃森做的烤饼 |
[01:59] | – They’re his specialty. – Yes, they are. | -那些做的很专业 -是的 确实 |
[02:01] | Hot off the griddle. I got blueberry. I got banana. | 刚从煎锅里出来 这里有蓝莓的和香蕉的 |
[02:04] | I got raspberry chocolate chip. | 还有覆盆子巧克力片的 |
[02:06] | And check this out, little man, a D for David, | 看看这个 小孩 “大”代表大卫 |
[02:10] | M for Michael, | “迈”代表迈克尔 |
[02:12] | and T for Thomas. | “托”代表托马斯 |
[02:14] | – Isn’t that cute? | – Isn’t that cute? -很可爱吧? -很可爱吧? |
[02:16] | I can switch the T and the M. | 我可以交换一下“托”和“迈”的位置 |
[02:18] | For a proper monogram, the T should be in the middle. | 想要一个合适的字母组合 “托”应该放在中间 |
[02:20] | It’s great, Watson. Thanks. | 这样很棒 谢谢 |
[02:22] | – You’re so amazing. – I love you. | -你太棒了 -我爱你 |
[02:24] | [Kristy] David Michael hates pancakes, | 大卫·迈克尔很讨厌烤饼 |
[02:26] | but he doesn’t want to make Watson feel bad. | 但他不想让沃森感觉不好 |
[02:28] | In the old days, he’d slip whatever he didn’t want | 之前 他会偷偷地把他不想吃的 |
[02:31] | to Louie under the table. | 塞给桌子下的路易 |
[02:32] | Now I’m Louie. | 现在我成了路易 |
[02:36] | Liz, | 莉斯 |
[02:38] | are you responsible for the cantaloupe? | 哈密瓜是你负责的吗? |
[02:41] | Why, yes, sweetheart. I am. | 怎么了 亲爱的 是我负责的 |
[02:43] | Just so you know for the future, | 你要知道 之后的日子 |
[02:45] | I prefer them cut into wedges, not cubes. | 我更喜欢把哈密瓜切成楔形 而不是方块 |
[02:49] | [Kristy] Of course, some people don’t worry about feeling comfortable at all. | 当然 有些人一点也不担心是否舒服 |
[02:53] | Take my older brothers, Charlie and Sam. | 以我的哥哥查理和山姆为例 |
[02:55] | They’ve been “Brewers,” | 他们已经姓“布鲁尔…”了 |
[02:57] | and yes, those are quotation marks you hear in my voice, for two months now, | 是的 你能从我的语调里听出双引号… 两个月以来 他们表现得好像 从他们的烤饼到内裤 他们这辈子一直叫这个一样 |
[03:00] | and they act like they’ve had everything from their pancakes to their underwear | |
[03:04] | monogrammed their whole lives. | |
[03:06] | Believe me, I am lucky to be here, but that’s the thing. | 相信我 我很幸运能来到这里 但事实就是这样 |
[03:09] | When you feel lucky, it’s because a part of you knows you don’t belong. | 当你感到幸运时 那是因为 你内心深处知道你不属于这里 |
[03:12] | I miss camp. I miss my friends. I miss… | 我想念营地 我想念我的朋友们 我想念… |
[03:15] | Stacey! | 史黛西! |
[03:17] | Hey! I was hoping I’d see you. | 喂!我正希望能见到你呢 |
[03:19] | Duh. What are you doing here? | 天啊 你在这里做什么? |
[03:21] | – Were you just in the neighborhood? – Oh, Sam texted me. | -你就在附近吗? -山姆给我发了短信 |
[03:25] | Sam? | 山姆? |
[03:26] | Yeah. He said some people were hanging, and did I want to come. | 是的 他说有人在泳池边玩 我想不想来 |
[03:29] | Are you dating my brother now? You know he’s a sophomore, right? | 你现在在和我哥哥约会吗? 你知道他大二了 对吧? |
[03:32] | We’re friends who text. | 我们是朋友 我们就发发短信 |
[03:35] | So you… you didn’t come to hang out with me at all? | 所以你根本就不是来和我一起玩的? |
[03:38] | I came hoping to hang out with both of you. | 我来是想和你们两个一起玩 |
[03:42] | Hey, Stacey. | 喂 史黛西 |
[03:43] | I’m just gonna go say hi for one sec. | 我就去打个招呼 |
[03:45] | – Be back. – Go say hi. | -马上回来 -去打招呼吧 |
[03:47] | [Stacey] Sam! | 山姆! |
[03:51] | [Kristy] Stacey just hugs boys now apparently. | 显然 史黛西现在只是 拥抱了男孩子而已 |
[04:01] | Hey, are you looking for someone? | 你在找人吗? |
[04:02] | My name is Amanda Delaney. I live down the street. | 我的名字叫阿曼达·德兰尼 我就住在这条街上 |
[04:05] | I didn’t know there were other kids in the neighborhood. I’m Kristy. | 我不知道附近还有别的孩子 我是克里斯蒂 |
[04:08] | I know who you are. You’re Mr. Brewer’s new… | 我知道你是谁 你是布鲁尔先生的新…不管你是谁 继女 |
[04:10] | – Whatever you are. – Stepdaughter. | |
[04:13] | For your mother from mine. I have no idea why. | 这是我给你母亲的礼物 我不知道为什么 |
[04:15] | [Kristy] Back on Bradford Court, | 在布拉德福德科特 我会告诉她拿着信封一边去 但现在 她看起来属于这里 |
[04:16] | I would’ve told her what she could do with her envelope, but now, | |
[04:19] | well, she looked like she belonged here, | |
[04:22] | and I knew I didn’t. | 我知道我不属于这里 |
[04:23] | I’ll give it to her. | 我会给她的 谢谢 |
[04:24] | Thanks. | |
[04:28] | You know that’s a bath towel, right? | 你知道那是浴巾吧? |
[04:31] | What, were you born in a barn or, like, New Jersey? | 你是出生在谷仓 还是新泽西之类的地方? |
[04:36] | [Kristy] So I didn’t know there was more than one kind of towel, | 我不知道有不止一种毛巾 |
[04:38] | or what was wrong with New Jersey. | 也不知道新泽西有什么问题 |
[04:40] | Oh well. The summer was almost over, | 好吧 暑假快结束了 |
[04:44] | and I was finally back where I belong. | 我终于回到了属于我的地方 |
[04:47] | This meeting of The Baby-Sitters Club will come to order. | 保姆俱乐部的这次会议就要开始了 |
[04:49] | Claude, what is that? | 克劳迪 这是什么相机? |
[04:51] | Oh, it’s a Fuji X-T10. Ease of digital, look of film. | 这是富士X-T10 像数码相机一样便捷 成片和胶片相机一样 |
[04:54] | I just thought I’d really document this year. | 我只是想 我要好好记录今年 |
[04:57] | – Just keep talking and act natural. – Oh. | 继续说话 表现得自然点 这样 你也是在易集上买的吗? |
[04:59] | Um, did you get that one on Etsy too? | |
[05:02] | B&H. I took her when she came to the city. | 在本森买的 相机在城市有货后 我就买了 |
[05:04] | It’s this really famous camera store on 9th Avenue. | 这是第九大道一家很有名的相机店 |
[05:08] | And they gave me a very good price. | 他们以很好的价格卖给了我 |
[05:10] | – Great. – Ooh, Dawn, you look super tan. | -真好 -道恩 你看起来晒得很黑 |
[05:13] | Three weeks in Southern California where the sun shines as advertised. | 在广告上说的 阳光明媚的南加州 待了三个星期 |
[05:16] | I feel like a whole new person. | 我感觉自己焕然一新 |
[05:18] | It was the best summer ever. Ooh, can I see? | 这是我度过的最好的暑假 我能看看吗? |
[05:21] | Well, summer’s over now, | 现在暑假结束了 |
[05:22] | and The Baby-Sitters Club is officially back in business. | 保姆俱乐部正式营业了 |
[05:26] | We’ve all grown over this past year, | 在过去的一年里 我们都成长了 |
[05:29] | physically, personally, and most importantly, in number. | 身体上、个人上 最重要的是数量上 |
[05:33] | So I would like to take this opportunity to welcome our newest member… | 所以我想借此机会 欢迎我们的新成员… |
[05:38] | Hi! Sorry. | 嗨!抱歉 |
[05:42] | Jessi. | 杰西 |
[05:44] | Class went late and Madame Noelle is super strict about everyone staying | 拖堂了 诺艾尔夫人对 每个人都要留到最后非常严格 |
[05:48] | to the very end. | |
[05:49] | [Kristy] I really, really hate people being late, | 我真的很讨厌别人迟到 |
[05:52] | but I, too, have experienced some personal growth. | 但我也经历了一些个人成长 |
[05:55] | I think. | 我觉得 |
[05:56] | It’s okay. This time. | 这次没关系 |
[06:00] | [phone ringing] | |
[06:02] | Baby-Sitters Club. | 这里是保姆俱乐部 |
[06:04] | Dr. Johanssen! | 约翰森博士! |
[06:06] | We’re glad to be back too. | 我们也很高兴回来 |
[06:08] | Thursday night? | 周四晚上? 史黛西 史黛西·麦吉尔会做你的保姆 我们到时候见 就像发条装置一样 |
[06:10] | – Stacey. – [Dawn] Stacey McGill will be your sitter. | |
[06:12] | – We’ll see you then. – That was like clockwork. | |
[06:15] | Smooth as silk. A well-oiled machine. | 顺滑如丝 一台运转良好的机器 |
[06:18] | You guys are awesome. | 你们太棒了 |
[06:22] | Um, what are you guys wearing for the first day of school? | 你们第一天上学穿什么? |
[06:24] | Ooh, I have this amazing vintage blazer that I bleach-dyed myself, | 我有一件很棒的复古西装 我自己漂白了 |
[06:28] | high-waisted pleather shorts, and my purple Docs. | 高腰皮革短裤 还有我紫色的马丁靴 |
[06:31] | [banging] | |
[06:34] | Sorry. I just have to break them in a little bit before tonight. | 抱歉 我必须在今晚之前 把鞋底弄软一些 |
[06:37] | Didn’t you just come from ballet? | 你不是刚学完芭蕾回来吗? |
[06:39] | That was class. Tonight I have rehearsals for the fall showcase. | 那是上课 今晚我要为秋季演出排练 |
[06:42] | Oh. | 这样啊 |
[06:44] | So, Miss Best Summer Ever, | 所以 世上最好暑假小姐 |
[06:46] | is it going to be the best fall ever? | 这将是史上最棒的秋天吗? |
[06:49] | – What do you mean? – [Stacey] You and Logan. | -你什么意思? -你和罗根 |
[06:51] | Things were getting pretty serious at camp. | 在夏令营的时候 关系变得很认真 |
[06:53] | – I… I mean… – They kissed. | -我是说… -他们接吻了 |
[06:55] | Stop. | 闭嘴 |
[06:56] | Thrice. | 三吻 顺便说一下 这意味着接了三次吻 |
[06:59] | That means three, by the way. | |
[07:00] | So, are you guys, like, fully boyfriend and girlfriend now? | 你们现在是正式的男女朋友了吗? |
[07:04] | I don’t know. We haven’t talked since the end of camp. | 我不知道 夏令营结束后 我们就没说过话 |
[07:07] | Mary Anne! | 玛丽·安! |
[07:08] | It’s only been three weeks. That’s like nothing. Plus, it’s summer. | 只有三周的时间 什么都不算 再说了 那是暑假的事 |
[07:11] | He said he was going to his grandparents in Kentucky. | 他说他要去肯塔基州的祖父母家 |
[07:14] | See, they probably don’t have cell reception there. | 他们那里可能没有手机信号 |
[07:16] | Yes, they do. | 有 那里有 |
[07:18] | They absolutely have cell reception in Kentucky. | 肯塔基州肯定有手机信号 |
[07:20] | If you wanna see if it’s meant to be, there’s one foolproof way to know. | 如果你想知道是不是命中注定 有一种方法可以知道 |
[07:23] | Stalk him on social media. | 在社交媒体上视奸他 |
[07:25] | – No. | – No. -不是 -不是 |
[07:26] | Compare your detailed astrological charts | 比较你们详细的星象图 |
[07:28] | to find out if your love is truly written in the stars. | 看看你们的爱是否写在星星上 |
[07:32] | We’ll figure out the position of the planets | 我们会计算出你们俩出生时 行星的位置… |
[07:33] | at the moment of both of your births… | |
[07:36] | Or, get this, you could just text him and tell him you miss him. | 或者你可以发短信告诉他 你想他 |
[07:44] | No. | 不要 |
[07:45] | – It’s what you would do. – Kristy. | 那是你会做的事 克里斯蒂 我告诉你了 是山姆给我发的短信! |
[07:47] | I told you, Sam texted me! | |
[07:50] | [Kristy] Right. | 好吧 |
[07:51] | Anastasia Elizabeth McGill, | 安娜塔西亚·伊丽莎白·麦吉尔 |
[07:52] | Sam Thomas texted you and you didn’t tell me? | 山姆·托马斯给你发短信 你没告诉我? |
[07:55] | It’s not that big a deal. | 这真的没什么大不了的 |
[07:56] | You’re an Aries, right? | 你是白羊座 对吧? |
[07:58] | Okay. He invited me to hang out by the pool at Watson’s, | 好吧 他邀请我 去沃森家的泳池边玩儿 |
[08:00] | and I mostly hung out with Kristy. | 我大部分时间都和克里斯蒂在一起 但他正努力 在他的新社区里过一些社交生活 |
[08:02] | But he’s making an effort to have some kind of social life | |
[08:05] | in his new neighborhood. | |
[08:07] | Unlike some people I know, Kristin Amanda Thomas. | 不像我认识的那个人 克里斯蒂·阿曼达·托马斯 |
[08:10] | First of all, Claudia broke out the full names, not me. | 首先 克劳迪娅说的是全名 不是我 |
[08:13] | And second of all, I do have a social life within my neighborhood. | 其次 我在社区里有社交生活 |
[08:17] | – Hm. – Who’s that with? | -嗯 -和谁的社交生活? |
[08:19] | I’m going over to this girl Amanda Delaney’s house | 过几天我要去一个叫阿曼达·德兰尼 |
[08:22] | in a couple of days. | 女孩的家里 |
[08:24] | With my mother, for tea. | 和我妈妈一起 去喝下午茶 |
[08:26] | – For tea. – Fancy. Okay. | -听起来很有趣 -有意思 好吧 |
[08:28] | [chuckles] It’s just like Paddington. | 就像帕丁顿一样 |
[08:31] | [Kristy] It was not like Paddington. | 不是像帕丁顿一样 |
[08:34] | For one thing, Paddington likes to eat. | 首先 帕丁顿喜欢吃 |
[08:38] | And Paddington is friendly. | 而且帕丁顿很友好 |
[08:44] | This is a beautiful home. | 这个家真漂亮 |
[08:47] | Hmm. | |
[08:48] | The architectural detail is lovely. | 建筑的细节很美 |
[08:50] | Is it the same upstairs? | 楼上也一样吗? |
[08:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:00] | I am not sure I know how you met Watson. | 我不太清楚你是怎么认识沃森的 |
[09:02] | Oh, it’s really sweet, actually. | 其实真的很甜蜜 |
[09:05] | Yeah, um, he was looking for new office space, | 是的 他在找新的办公空间 |
[09:10] | and I was the listing agent | 我当时是斯坦福德 |
[09:11] | on this converted warehouse development in Stamford. | 这个仓库改造项目的挂牌经纪人 |
[09:14] | Oh, so you worked for him. | 所以你为他工作 |
[09:15] | With him. | 跟他合作 |
[09:17] | Well, as his Realtor. | 作为他的房产经纪人 |
[09:19] | I’ve always worked. | 我一直都在工作 |
[09:21] | Um, that’s how I support my four children. | 这就是我养活四个孩子的方式 |
[09:24] | They work themselves. | 他们自己也工作 |
[09:26] | In fact, Kristy has a very successful babysitting business. | 事实上 克里斯蒂的保姆生意 非常成功 |
[09:31] | – You have a business? – It’s also a club. | -你自己有生意? -也是个俱乐部 |
[09:34] | The Baby-Sitters Club. | 保姆俱乐部 |
[09:36] | That is wonderful. Hm. | 真是太棒了 你们真的中了彩票 对吧? |
[09:38] | Well, you all really won the lottery, didn’t you? | |
[09:41] | [chuckles, sighs] | |
[09:45] | [huffs] The nerve of that woman! | 真服了那个女人 |
[09:47] | Making fun of my job? We won the lottery? | 取笑我的工作? 就像我们中了彩票一样? |
[09:51] | Who does she think she is? | 她以为自己是谁? |
[09:52] | I told you she seemed snobby. | 我说过她看起来很势利 |
[09:54] | Yeah, well, you’re right. | 是的 你说得对 别担心 我们不会再去那里了 |
[09:55] | And don’t you worry, we are never going there again. | |
[09:58] | [Kristy] I guess not all neighbors can be Claudia and Mary Anne. | 我想不是所有的邻居 都能成为克劳迪娅和玛丽·安 |
[10:01] | [Liz] Good God! | 天啊! |
[10:03] | Did she say real estate? I mean, real estate. | 她是说房地产吗?我是说 房地产 |
[10:06] | Yes, that’s what I do. I’m a real estate agent. For God… | 是的 这就是我的工作 我是个房地产经纪人 天啊… |
[10:12] | Pick a card. | 选一张牌 |
[10:13] | This will tell us how he views you and your relationship. | 这会告诉我们 他是如何看待你和你们关系的 |
[10:21] | – Hi. – Okay, we’re off. | -嗨 -好吧 我们要走了 |
[10:23] | Yeah, we’ll bring you back dessert. They do a carrot cake you could die for. | 好 我们会给你带甜点回来 他们做的胡萝卜蛋糕会让你超爱的 我很抱歉 那是什么? |
[10:26] | Uh-huh. Sorry, what’s that? | |
[10:28] | The Magician, | 塔罗 |
[10:29] | symbolizing the inconstancy of life, but also new opportunities. | 象征着生命的无常 也象征着新的机遇 |
[10:34] | Okay, just, you know, finish your homework before you summon the Devil. | 好吧 在你召唤恶魔之前 先把作业做完 |
[10:38] | – Dad, you’re so strict. – Come on. | -爸爸 你太严格了 -快点儿 |
[10:41] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[10:44] | Next, star charts. | 接下来是恒星图表 |
[10:46] | Yours is Virgo sun, | 你是处女座的太阳 |
[10:49] | Virgo moon, | 处女座的月亮 |
[10:51] | Virgo Rising. | 上升处女座 |
[10:52] | Triple Virgo. | 三重处女座 |
[10:54] | It’s… very rare. | 这很少见 |
[10:57] | What does it mean? | 那这意味着什么呢? |
[10:58] | You’re organized and extremely detail-oriented. | 你做事有条理 非常注重细节 |
[11:01] | We’ll do his and cross-reference it for compatibility. | 我们会对他的进行比对 以确定合拍度 |
[11:04] | – Okay. – What’s his birthday? | -好 -他的生日是哪天? |
[11:06] | January 10th. | 1月10日 |
[11:07] | Capricorn. Great for you. | 摩羯座 很适合你 |
[11:12] | Place of birth? | 出生地? -肯塔基州? -哪个城市? |
[11:13] | – Uh, Kentucky? – What city? | |
[11:18] | Exact time of birth? | 确切的出生时间? |
[11:24] | – Give me your phone. – No, Dawn! Don’t call him. | -把你的手机给我 -不行!别打给他 |
[11:26] | Okay, I’m just getting his number. | 好吧 我只是要他的电话号码 |
[11:28] | Don’t worry. Mine’s blocked. | 别担心 我的被屏蔽了 |
[11:31] | – It’s ringing. – I’m gonna throw up. | -接通了 -我要吐了 |
[11:37] | [cell phone buzzes] | |
[11:40] | Hello? | 喂? |
[11:41] | Mr. Bruno, | 布鲁诺先生 |
[11:42] | this is Esperanza… | 我是埃斯佩兰萨… |
[11:49] | Kensington | 肯辛顿 |
[11:50] | from the United States Census Bureau. | 我是美国人口普查局的 |
[11:53] | I’m calling about some missing data from your form. | 我打电话来是想问 你的表格上缺失的信息 |
[11:56] | I don’t think I filled out any forms. | 我好像没填什么表格 那我很高兴找到了你 布鲁诺先生 |
[11:57] | [Dawn] Ah, well then, I’m very glad I caught you, Mr. Bruno. | |
[12:01] | Answering the US Census is one of our nation’s most important civic duties. | 回答美国人口普查问题 是我们国家最重要的公民义务之一 |
[12:05] | I just need to confirm your date of birth. | 我只需要确认一下你的出生日期 |
[12:07] | January 10th, 2007. | 2007年1月10日 |
[12:09] | – Place of birth? – [Logan] Born in Louisville, Kentucky. | -出生地? -出生在肯塔基州路易斯维尔 |
[12:11] | Technically, we were living in Bloomfield at the time. | 严格来说 我们当时住在布卢姆菲尔德 |
[12:14] | – I’m not sure. – Exact time of birth? | 所以我不确定 确切的出生时间? |
[12:16] | [woman] Logan, are you giving out personal information again? | 罗根 你又在泄露个人信息吗 |
[12:19] | [Logan] No, Mom. | 没有 妈妈 |
[12:22] | [Kristy] While Mary Anne and Dawn were looking to the spirit world for answers, | 当玛丽·安和道恩在灵魂世界 寻找答案时 |
[12:26] | I was missing one spirit in particular. | 我才是那个缺少了灵魂的人 |
[12:30] | [sniffles] | |
[12:36] | Um… | |
[12:38] | I didn’t know where the bowls were. | 我不知道碗在哪儿 |
[12:42] | Is it okay if I have some cereal? | 我可以吃点麦片吗? |
[12:44] | Is it okay if you have some cereal? [chuckles] | 你可以吃点麦片吗? |
[12:47] | Of course it’s okay. | 当然了 当然可以 |
[12:49] | This is your house, Kristy. | 这是你的家 克里斯蒂 |
[12:50] | You can… Yes! Uh, here, let me help you. | 你可以…当然!来 我来帮你 告诉你一声 碗就在那儿 |
[12:53] | Um, just so you know, the bowls are right there. | |
[12:56] | – Okay. – Would you grab us some milk? | -好 -你能给我们拿点牛奶吗? |
[12:58] | – Yeah. – [Watson] Cool. | -好 -很好 |
[13:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:12] | It’s better when it’s a little soggy. | 有点湿的时候更好吃 |
[13:14] | Okay, come over to my little midnight-snack nook. | 好了 到我的宵夜角落来 |
[13:29] | You know you can always talk to me, right? | 你知道你随时都可以 跟我聊天 对吧? |
[13:31] | Anytime you want. | 随时随地 |
[13:39] | Or not talk. Yeah, I mean, we can… we can not talk. | 或者不聊天 对 我们可以不聊天 |
[13:42] | We can just hang out | 我们可以在半夜 就安静地待在一起 |
[13:44] | in companionable silence in the middle of the night. | |
[13:50] | – I’m gonna put this away. – Oh, okay. | -我来把这个收起来 -好 |
[13:52] | – Somewhere safe. – Yeah. | -放到安全的地方 -好 |
[13:54] | Oh, Watson? | 沃森? |
[13:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:03] | She acted like she was going to wipe down the furniture the minute we left, | 她表现得好像我们一离开 她就要把家具擦干净 |
[14:07] | and she said that my mom “won the lottery.” | 她说我妈妈“中了彩票” |
[14:12] | – Can you believe it? – It’s not great. | -你们能相信吗? -这可不好 |
[14:14] | But maybe she meant ’cause Watson’s such a nice guy. | 但也许她的意思是 因为沃森是个好人 |
[14:17] | Yeah, or maybe she’s shy. | 对 或者也许她很害羞 |
[14:18] | Some people think other people are snobby, | 有些人认为别人势利 |
[14:20] | when in reality they’re just socially awkward. | 而实际上 他们只是在社交方面 有些笨拙 |
[14:22] | Stop projecting yourself onto Mrs. Delaney. | 别再把自己的想法 加到德兰尼太太身上了 |
[14:24] | Also, it’s Mrs. Delaney. | 而且 那可是“德兰尼太太” |
[14:27] | No first name. She made that very clear. | 不是名字 她说的很清楚 |
[14:29] | Well, Kristy, she is an adult. Isn’t that just respectful? | 克里斯蒂 她是成年人了 难道不因为这样比较尊重吗? |
[14:35] | So how’s the astrology going? | 你的占星术怎么样了? |
[14:37] | Compatibility inconclusive. | 合拍度不确定 |
[14:39] | Without an exact time of birth, | 没有确切的出生时间 |
[14:40] | it’s about as unscientific as a magazine horoscope. | 就像杂志上的星座运势一样不科学 |
[14:43] | Is it, Esperanza? | 对吧 埃斯佩兰萨? |
[14:44] | Okay. Time for Plan B. | 好吧 该实施后备计划了 |
[14:46] | A séance? | 降神会吗? |
[14:48] | Men are visual creatures, and I just got a fancy new camera. | 男人都是视觉动物 我刚买了个新相机 |
[14:52] | OMG, photo shoot? | 天啊 拍照吗? |
[14:53] | What’re you gonna do? Take a picture of Mary Anne and sneak it into his locker? | 你们打算怎么做?拍张照片 然后偷偷放进他的储物柜? |
[14:56] | Instagram, the world’s locker. | Instagram 世界的储物柜 |
[14:58] | – I thought you hated social media. – It’s a means to an end. | -我以为你讨厌社交媒体 -这是达到目的的手段 |
[15:01] | – We’ll make you an account. – He’ll slide into your DMs. | -我们帮你开个账户 -他会溜进你私信里的 |
[15:03] | – And then happily ever after. – [Claudia squeals] | 然后幸福地生活在一起 |
[15:05] | Or you could just call him on the phone like a normal human woman. | 或者你可以像个正常的人类女人一样 给他打电话 |
[15:12] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[15:13] | He liked her in camp, which was less than a month ago. | 不到一个月前 他还在营地里喜欢她 |
[15:17] | They were practically inseparable. | 他们几乎形影不离 |
[15:19] | And now, all of a sudden, | 现在突然之间 他不知道她还活着 因为她上了公交车? |
[15:20] | he doesn’t know she’s alive because she got on a bus? | |
[15:24] | [phone ringing] | |
[15:26] | And mic drop. | 就是这样 |
[15:28] | Hello, Baby-Sitters Club. This is President Kristy Thomas speaking. | 你好 这里是保姆俱乐部 我是克里斯蒂·托马斯主席 |
[15:31] | This is Mrs. Delaney. I need a babysitter for Sunday afternoon. | 我是德兰尼太太 我周日下午需要个保姆 |
[15:34] | Sunday afternoon? Hold, please. | 周日下午?请稍等 |
[15:37] | Why, it’s Stoneybrook Abbey’s very own Mrs. Delaney. | 怎么 这可是斯通布鲁克修道院的 德兰尼太太 |
[15:42] | She needs a sitter for Amanda. | 她需要有个保姆照顾阿曼达 |
[15:44] | Wait, didn’t you say she was my age? Why does she need a sitter? | 你不是说她跟我一样大吗? 她为什么需要个保姆? |
[15:47] | – The rich are different from you and me. – Says the grocery store heiress. | -有钱人跟你和我不一样 -杂货店的女继承人这样说 |
[15:51] | One grocery store, which was sold, like, 20 years ago. | 一家20年前出售的杂货店 |
[15:54] | – And I try to be the change. – [Stacey laughs] | 我试着去改变 |
[15:57] | Kristy, | 克里斯蒂 |
[15:59] | you’re the only one free that afternoon. | 你是那天下午唯一有空的人 |
[16:01] | No. Why? Tell her I’m cleaning the gutters. | 不是吧 为什么? 告诉她我在清理排水沟 |
[16:04] | Or going to public school. | 或者去了公立学校 |
[16:05] | Or anything she thinks is socially unacceptable. | 任何她认为社会上无法接受的事 |
[16:07] | We all go to public school. | 我们都上公立学校 |
[16:09] | Kristy, she’s just a snob. You’re the professional one. | 克里斯蒂 她只是个势利眼 你可是专业人士 |
[16:12] | You got this. | 你可以的 |
[16:16] | I’ll be your sitter. Thank you. | 我来给你当保姆 谢谢 |
[16:20] | Good job. | 做得好 |
[16:22] | Just so you know, I don’t need a babysitter. | 就是告诉你一声 我不需要保姆 |
[16:25] | Your mother seems to think otherwise. | 你母亲似乎不这么认为 |
[16:27] | Only because I, um, got caught sneaking out | 那是因为我溜出去 |
[16:32] | to see my boyfriend. | 见我男朋友被抓了 |
[16:35] | Don’t you think you’re a little young for a boyfriend? | 你不觉得你还有点儿小 不应该找男朋友吗? |
[16:37] | I’m gonna watch TV. Get me a Pellegrino. | 我要去看电视 给我来杯气泡水 |
[16:41] | [Kristy] So yeah, I was a professional. | 好吧 我是个专业人士 |
[16:44] | She belonged here, I didn’t. | 她属于这里 而我不属于 |
[16:45] | But maybe I could get her on my own turf, | 但也许我可以让她在我的地盘上 |
[16:48] | such as it was. | 就像以前那样 |
[16:51] | You know, I was going to see if you wanted to come by my house | 我本来想问问你愿不愿意去我家 |
[16:54] | to hang out with my cute brother, but you wouldn’t be interested, | 和我可爱的兄弟一起玩 但你不会感兴趣的 |
[16:58] | because you have a boyfriend. | 因为你有男朋友了 |
[17:02] | – [Claudia] A little this way. – Here, face this way. | -往这边一点 -这里 面朝这边 |
[17:05] | – Okay. – [Claudia] Yeah. | -很好 -好 |
[17:06] | Yeah, put your arm up. Yes, give it to me. | 对 举起你的手臂 对 保持 |
[17:08] | Fun. Carefree. You’re young. You’re in love, and you’re in Paris. | 有趣 无忧无虑 你很年轻 你沉浸在爱中 你在巴黎 |
[17:13] | I’m not in Paris. | 我不在巴黎 |
[17:14] | – Sadly, none of us are. – It’s okay. I think we got one. | -可悲的是 我们都不在 -没关系 我想我们拍到张好的 |
[17:18] | The sullenness kind of works in a ’90s British model kind of way. | 这种阴郁的情绪是90年代的英国模式 |
[17:21] | We’ll just slap a filter on it. All ready, Stace? | 我们再加个滤镜就行了 都准备好了 史黛西? |
[17:24] | Yep. “Sew Long Mary Anne” is up and ready to go. | 是的 “好久不线 玛丽·安”建好了 准备好发照片了 |
[17:27] | S-E-W. It’s a pun on the Leonard Cohen song | 好久不线 这是莱昂纳德·科恩一首歌的谐音 |
[17:30] | because you like to sew. | 因为你喜欢与线有关的缝纫 |
[17:31] | I like to knit. | 我喜欢编织 |
[17:33] | It’s adjacent. | 差不多 |
[17:35] | And one “loganbrunoCT” is already following you. | 一个名叫“罗根·布鲁诺CT”的用户 已经关注了你 |
[17:38] | – Really? Okay, I’m sending. – I’m posting. | -真的吗?好 我要发送了 -我发出去了 |
[17:42] | Oh my God! He liked it! DM coming through. It’s working. | 天啊!他点赞了!私信马上就来了 真的有效果 |
[17:46] | [squeals] Okay. Let me see. Um… | 好吧 我来看看 |
[17:49] | Does Logan Bruno breed teacup pigs | 罗根·布鲁诺养的是茶杯猪吗 |
[17:51] | or is he a teacup pig? | 还是他是一只茶杯猪? |
[17:56] | [Mary Anne] Delete it. | 删掉 |
[17:57] | – Now! – Okay, okay, I am. | -现在! -好 我删掉 |
[17:59] | [Kristy] My friends had gotten accidentally catfished by a teacup pig | 我的朋友们不小心被一只 |
[18:02] | with an oddly active social media presence, | 在社交媒体上异常活跃的茶杯猪骗了 |
[18:04] | but my own IRL deception was going exactly as planned. | 但我自己的现实生活骗局 却完全按照计划进行 |
[18:08] | Him? | 他? |
[18:09] | I mean, to the extent that I actually planned it. | 我是说 在某种程度上是我策划的 |
[18:13] | I just said my cute brother. I didn’t say which one. | 我刚说的是我可爱的兄弟 没说是哪一个 |
[18:16] | Hey, David Michael. This is Amanda from down the street. | 喂 大卫·迈克尔 这是住在这条街的阿曼达 |
[18:19] | Hi, do you wanna watch a movie? I could start this one over. | 嗨 想看电影吗? 我可以重新开始播放 |
[18:22] | Is that a dog bed? | 那是狗床吗? |
[18:24] | – Yeah, my dog Louie. – Where is he? | -是的 我的狗路易的 -它在哪儿? |
[18:28] | He had cancer on his heart. | 它患了心脏癌症 |
[18:31] | Why do you have his bed? | 那你怎么还留着它的床? |
[18:33] | It still smells like him. It helps me pretend that he’s still here. | 闻起来还是它的味道 这能让我假装觉得它还在 |
[18:38] | You’re just like my mom. | 你跟我妈一样 |
[18:39] | She’s obsessed with animals. They’re, like, her only friends. | 她很喜欢动物 它们就像她唯一的朋友 |
[18:43] | I get that. | 我明白 |
[18:44] | That’s probably why she thinks she has to hire people to hang out with me, | 也许这就是为什么 她觉得她必须要雇人跟我一起玩 |
[18:49] | because she thinks I’m like her. | 因为她觉得我跟她一样 |
[18:50] | [Kristy] I didn’t mean to eavesdrop. | 我不是故意偷听的 |
[18:52] | Well, actually, of course I meant to eavesdrop, | 事实上 我当然是故意偷听的 |
[18:54] | but I suddenly realized, I’d never seen Amanda with any other kids. | 但我突然意识到 我从没见过 阿曼达和其他孩子在一起 |
[18:58] | No brothers, no sisters, no friends. | 没有兄弟姐妹 没有朋友 |
[19:01] | Do you like animals? | 你喜欢动物吗? |
[19:02] | More than people sometimes. | 有时候比人更喜欢一些 |
[19:05] | [Kristy] Amanda might be a snob, but | 阿曼达也许是个势利眼 但 |
[19:07] | she was also really lonely. | 她也很孤独 克里斯蒂 我听说你昨天 叫阿曼达·德兰尼来玩了 |
[19:10] | Kristy, I hear you had Amanda Delaney over to play yesterday. | |
[19:13] | Amanda Delaney is a social climber, but has no ability to speak to people. | 阿曼达·德兰尼是个趋炎附势的人 却没有能力和别人聊天 |
[19:17] | – Hm. – Okay. | 好吧 今天早上我和她妈妈 混双玩了玩儿 |
[19:18] | Well, I played mixed doubles with her mother this morning. | |
[19:22] | Figures. | 我就知道 |
[19:23] | And apparently Amanda had a very good time. | 很明显 阿曼达玩儿得很开心 |
[19:25] | She did? | 是吗? |
[19:26] | She did. So much so that her mom invited all of us | 是的 玩儿得非常开心 她妈妈邀请我们所有人 |
[19:28] | to a charity event at their house tomorrow. | 参加明天在她们家举行的慈善活动 |
[19:31] | Seriously? I feel like I’m being trolled by this woman. | 真的吗?我觉得我在被这个女人侮辱 |
[19:33] | What? Wh… what does that mean? | 什么?这是什么意思? |
[19:35] | Come on, a tea? A charity event? | 拜托 下午茶?慈善活动? |
[19:38] | The next thing you know she’s gonna tell me I’m prom queen | 接下来她就会告诉我 我是舞会皇后 |
[19:40] | and dump a bucket of pig’s blood over my head. | 然后把一桶猪血倒在我头上 |
[19:43] | – Why would she do that? – She wouldn’t. She wouldn’t. It’s a movie. | -她为什么会那么做? -她不会的 这是个电影 |
[19:46] | Honey, she’s being friendly. I already told her we’d go. | 亲爱的 她很友善 我已经告诉她我们会去了 |
[19:50] | Without even asking me? | 连问都没问过我? |
[19:52] | I had no reason to think it would be a problem. | 我没有理由认为这是个问题 |
[19:54] | It’ll be nice. You’ll meet more people from the neighborhood. | 这个场合很不错 你会见到这个社区更多的人 |
[19:57] | I don’t need to meet any more people from this neighborhood. | 我不需要再认识这个社区的人了 |
[20:01] | This lottery winner is staying home. | 这位彩票中奖者要待在家里 |
[20:04] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[20:05] | Liz? Come on. | 莉斯?拜托 |
[20:07] | I’m sorry, guys. I’ll be right back. | 我很抱歉 各位 我很快回来 |
[20:09] | Liz? | 莉斯? |
[20:16] | [Kristy] Here’s something I read about lottery winners. | 这是我读到的彩票中奖者的消息 |
[20:18] | They win all this money, then a year later, it’s all gone. | 他们赢了这么多钱 一年后钱就花光了 |
[20:21] | Like it never happened. | 就像从没发生过一样 |
[20:22] | – Daddy, is Liz coming? – She’ll see us later, buddy. | -爸爸 莉斯来吗? -她晚些时候来找我们 孩子 |
[20:25] | Because there’s nothing like getting everything you ever wanted | 因为没有什么比得到你想要的一切 |
[20:28] | to make you feel like you were never supposed to have it. | 更能让你觉得你不应该得到的 |
[20:33] | Check it out. | 看看这个 |
[20:34] | Is this the charity event? | 这是慈善活动吗? |
[20:36] | [cats meowing] [dogs barking] | |
[20:38] | [Watson] Well, it was supposed to be a surprise. | 本来应该是个惊喜的 |
[20:41] | Daddy, may I go visit the rescue lizards? | 爸爸 我可以去看看救援蜥蜴吗? |
[20:44] | Of course you can visit the rescue lizards. Go! | 你当然可以去看看救援蜥蜴 去吧! |
[20:46] | – Oh, you made it. – [Watson] We made it. Hi. | -你们来了 -我们来了 嗨 |
[20:49] | – Hi, good to see you. – [Watson] You too. | -嗨 见到你很高兴 -见到你也很高兴 |
[20:51] | Amanda told me about your Louie. I’m so sorry. | 阿曼达跟我说了你的路易的事 我感到很难过 |
[20:55] | I know that nothing can ever replace him, | 我知道没有人能取代它 |
[20:57] | but we do these adoption events every couple of months | 但我们每隔几个月就会举办领养活动 |
[20:59] | and I thought maybe you could find a new friend here. | 我想也许你能在这里找到新朋友 |
[21:02] | I thought maybe this one. | 我想也许是这个 |
[21:04] | She came from a puppy mill that got shut down. | 它来自一家被关闭的幼犬加工厂 |
[21:07] | She and her brothers were abandoned. | 它和它的兄弟们被遗弃了 |
[21:09] | But she’s so sweet, | 但它很可爱 它的毛让我想起了你的头发 看来它选中了你 小伙子 |
[21:10] | and her fur kind of reminds me of your hair. | |
[21:13] | – [laughter] – Looks like she picked you, buddy. | |
[21:16] | Huh? | 是吧? |
[21:19] | So what are you gonna name her? | 那你打算给它取什么名字? |
[21:23] | You came. | 你来了 |
[21:26] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字? |
[21:28] | Oh, uh, Shannon. | 香农 |
[21:30] | Let’s… call her Shannon. | 那我们叫它香农吧 好 嗨 香农 |
[21:33] | – [laughter] – Okay. Hi, Shannon. | |
[21:37] | [Kristy] So I guess we all learned an important lesson that day, | 我想那天我们都学到了重要的一课 |
[21:40] | which is that snobs love dogs too. | 那就是势利的人也喜欢狗 |
[21:42] | Kidding. I mean, the Delaneys definitely were a little bit shallow | 开玩笑!我是说 德兰尼确实有点肤浅 |
[21:45] | and had some weird interpersonal issues, | 有一些奇怪的人际关系问题 |
[21:49] | but there’s more to people than meets the eye. | 但人的本质 远不止表面上看的那么简单 |
[21:51] | I mean, we know this, but I actually did learn something else that day. | 我是说 我们知道这一点 但那天我确实学到了一些别的东西… |
[21:55] | Here, take her. | 来 牵着它 …那就是找到归属感的最好方法 就是开始表现出你的归属感 |
[21:58] | Which is that the best way to feel like you belong is to start acting like you do. | |
[22:01] | Hey, Kristy. | 嗨 克里斯蒂 |
[22:03] | Hey, buddy. | 嗨 朋友 |
[22:04] | [Kristy giggles] | |
[22:07] | I’m really happy you could make it. | 我真的很高兴你能来 |
[22:09] | All of you. | 你们所有人 |
[22:10] | Hey. | 嗨! |
[22:11] | [laughing, chattering] | |
[22:19] | [Kristy] Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:21] | – Nice suit. – Oh. | 衣服不错 |
[22:23] | What, are you tending to bees later? | 怎么 你待会儿要去照顾蜜蜂吗? |
[22:25] | My dad is a natural redhead. | 我爸爸是天生的红头发 |
[22:26] | He also thinks I’m allergic to the sun. It’s not funny! | 他还认为我对太阳过敏 这并不好笑! |
[22:29] | – Yes, it is. – I’ll talk to him. | -好笑 非常好笑 -我要跟他说 |
[22:31] | Me too, as a redhead. | -我也是红头发的 -一点点 |
[22:34] | ♪ Winter, spring, summer, fall ♪ | |
[22:38] | ♪ A moment’s fine But I wanna feel them all ♪ | |
[22:43] | [Kristy] Sometimes home is right there where you left it, | 有时家就在你离开的地方 |
[22:46] | and sometimes… | 有时… |
[22:48] | – Mary Anne? – No! I mean, yes! | -玛丽·安? -不是!我是说 是的! |
[22:50] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[22:52] | hi. | 嗨 |
[22:53] | – Hi. – [Mary Anne] What are you doing here? | -嗨 -你在这里做什么? |
[22:55] | I called him. | 我给他打的电话 |
[22:56] | …you have to invite it in. | …你必须邀请家进入你的生活 |
[22:58] | ♪ For a moment in the sun ♪ | |
[23:01] | [indistinct chatter, giggling] | |
[23:03] | ♪ I don’t need to be cool ♪ | |
[23:05] | ♪ I’d trade it for a moment in the sun With you ♪ | |
[23:18] | ♪ Winter, spring, summer, fall ♪ | (根据安·马丁的系列小说改编) |
[23:22] | ♪ A moment’s fine But I wanna feel them all ♪ | |
[23:27] | ♪ I wanna feel them all ♪ | |
[23:34] | ♪ Everything I’ve dreamed about Is coming on ♪ | |
[23:38] | ♪ Trade it for a moment in the sun ♪ | |
[23:42] | ♪ All that other noise Is just a waste of time ♪ | |
[23:47] | ♪ You’re the only music on my mind ♪ | |
[23:51] | ♪ I don’t need money I don’t need to be cool ♪ | |
[23:55] | ♪ I’d trade it for a moment in the sun With you ♪ | |
[24:03] | ♪ With you ♪ | |
[24:07] | ♪ With you ♪ | |
[24:11] | ♪ With you ♪ |