时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [upbeat music playing] | |
[00:12] | [Stacey] My dad once told me | 我爸爸曾经告诉我 中学是人生中最糟糕的时期 |
[00:13] | that middle school is the worst time in anybody’s life. | |
[00:17] | He said he wouldn’t repeat it for a million dollars, which I get, | 他说即使给一百万 也不愿意再次经历我所经历的 |
[00:21] | but at the same time, | 但与此同时 |
[00:24] | it’s not so bad. | 一切还不算太糟 |
[00:25] | I mean, sixth grade was an unmitigated disaster, | 我是说 六年级简直是一场灾难 |
[00:29] | what with being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes | 因为我被诊断出患有一型糖尿病 |
[00:32] | and basically run out of Manhattan by ableist bullies. | 还被歧视残疾的霸凌者赶出了曼哈顿 |
[00:35] | But seventh grade was a lot better, | 但七年级就好多了 |
[00:38] | and eighth grade so far has been an even bigger upgrade. | 到目前为止 八年级的提升幅度更大 |
[00:41] | [teacher] Great work, as usual. | 像往常一样 做得很好 |
[00:43] | I know I shouldn’t be saying this, but you’re my favorite student. | 我不该这么说 但你是我最喜欢的学生 |
[00:46] | Oh, thanks, Ms. Katimski. | 谢谢 卡蒂姆斯基女士 努力、聪明、有责任心 |
[00:48] | Hardworking, smart, responsible, | |
[00:50] | and is it weird that I, a grown woman, am consistently jealous of your wardrobe? | 我一个成年女人 总是嫉妒你的穿搭 是不是很奇怪? |
[00:54] | I don’t know. Kinda? | 我不知道 有点吧? |
[00:57] | And you’re hilarious. Keep killing it, girl. | 你也很搞笑 继续努力吧 姑娘 |
[00:59] | [Stacey] I feel like I’ve really found my groove in Stoneybrook, | 我觉得我在斯托尼布鲁克 找到了自己最舒适的状态 |
[01:02] | and a lot of that has to do with The Baby-Sitters Club. | 这和保姆俱乐部有很大关系 |
[01:04] | They’re nothing like my friends in New York. | 他们一点都不像我的纽约朋友 |
[01:06] | I’m learning so much from them about stuff like art, activism, building a business. | 我从她们身上学到了很多东西 比如艺术、行动主义、创业 |
[01:12] | Of course they’re learning some important stuff from me too. | 当然 她们也从我身上 学到了一些重要的东西 |
[01:14] | And… voilà. That’s how you do a foolproof fishtail braid. | 然后…瞧 这就是编鱼尾辫的方法 |
[01:18] | I love it. I’m a mermaid. | 我很喜欢 我是美人鱼 |
[01:21] | Can you do one on me? My hair looks like a disaster. | 你也能帮我编一个吗? 我的头发看起来像场灾难 |
[01:23] | – [Stacey] Yeah. – Mallory, just take this. | -好 -马洛里 戴上这个就行 |
[01:25] | Way easier than whatever that was. | 比那什么的要简单多了 |
[01:27] | Kristy! Oh my gosh. | 克里斯蒂!我的天啊 |
[01:28] | – What? It looks good. – I’ll do it on you later. | -怎么了?看起来不错 -我一会儿再给你编 |
[01:31] | [Stacey] But the thing I like most about eighth grade is that I really feel like | 但我最喜欢八年级的一点是 我真的觉得 |
[01:35] | I’ve conquered my diabetes and I can move on with my life. | 我已经征服了我的糖尿病 可以继续我的生活了 |
[01:38] | ♪ You got me feeling, woo Got me feeling woo-hoo! ♪ | |
[01:41] | Looks like you got this whole thing under control, don’t you? | 看起来整体都在你掌控之中 对吧? |
[01:43] | Well, having diabetes is kind of like solving a math problem, | 患糖尿病有点像解决数学问题 |
[01:47] | and luckily I’m really good at math, so… | 幸运的是 我很擅长数学 所以… |
[01:49] | It’s true. She just got a 98% on her last quiz. | 这是真的 她上次测验得了98分 |
[01:52] | You seem to have transitioned well to the wireless pump. | 尼斯湖已经很适应无线胰岛素泵了 |
[01:55] | Just remembering to change… | 只是记得要换… |
[01:56] | The site every three days to prevent infection. | 每三天检查一次 防止感染 |
[01:59] | And earlier… | 然后尽早… |
[02:00] | If it seems like the insulin isn’t getting absorbed. Yup. | 如果胰岛素没有被吸收 没问题 |
[02:02] | – I got this. – You’re type 1 and type A. | -我都能处理好 -你是一型和A型人格 |
[02:05] | Oh, she is. She’s like a little mini adult. | 确实 她就像个小大人 我们都很为她感到骄傲 |
[02:07] | We are so proud of her. | |
[02:09] | Mom, chill. You’re acting like my publicist or something. | 妈妈 冷静 你表现的就好像是我的公关 |
[02:13] | Oh, she’s just excited. You want to tell her? | 她就是很激动 想要告诉她吗? 什么?你被邀请去参加晚会? |
[02:17] | – [giggling] – [Mary Anne] You’re invited to a gala? | |
[02:20] | And you’re going to be on the cover of a magazine! | 而且你还会当杂志封面! |
[02:22] | It’s for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. | 是为了青少年糖尿病研究基金会的 |
[02:25] | My doctor is on the board and nominated me to be cover girl for the month. | 我的医生是董事会成员 她提名我做这个月的封面女孩 |
[02:29] | A gala? Being a cover girl? | 晚会?成为封面女孩? |
[02:31] | Stacey, you are the fanciest person in Stoneybrook. | 史黛西 你是斯托尼布鲁克最时髦的人 |
[02:33] | [phone ringing] | |
[02:35] | Hello, Baby-Sitters Club. | 你好 保姆俱乐部 |
[02:36] | This is Kristy Thomas, president and founder, speaking. | 我是克里斯蒂·托马斯 创始人兼主席 请讲 |
[02:39] | And there’s, like, one more kind of, sort of cool thing. | 还有一件很酷的事 |
[02:42] | The JDRF is letting me put on a fashion show at the gala. | 基金会让我在晚会上 表演一场时装表演 |
[02:45] | [shrieking] | |
[02:47] | Hey. | 喂 |
[02:48] | All right, Mrs. Johanssen. Sunday afternoon, 2:00 p.m. | 好 约翰森太太 周日下午两点 |
[02:52] | Stacey, you’re free on Sunday? | 史黛西 你周日有空吗? |
[02:54] | No. Too many fashion shows and cover shoots. | 没有 有太多时装表演 -和封面拍摄 -你们别说了 有 我可以做 克里斯蒂 |
[02:56] | You guys, stop. Yes, I can, Kristy. | |
[03:00] | This fashion show isn’t to model couture. It’s to auction off these pouches. | 这场时装表演不是为了做高定模特 是用来拍卖这些袋子的 |
[03:04] | – What’s couture? – I’ll explain later. | -什么是高定? -我之后再解释 |
[03:05] | People with diabetes like to keep their testing kits in these, | 糖尿病患者喜欢把他们的检测工具 放在这里 |
[03:08] | plus emergency snacks and juice in case their blood sugar is running low. | 还有应急零食和果汁 以防他们的血糖过低 |
[03:12] | These are so unfortunate-looking. I wish I could decorate them like I did yours. | 这些看起来很不幸 我希望我能把这些装饰得像你的一样 |
[03:15] | You can. I was thinking we could all come up with a design | 你可以 我在想我们可以想出一个设计 |
[03:18] | to make the pouches functional and cute, then, Claudia, you and I can execute it. | 让这些袋子既实用又可爱 然后克劳迪娅 你和我可以做出来 我喜欢闺蜜合作 |
[03:22] | [squeals] I love a BFF collab. | |
[03:25] | – Who would model them? – I was thinking maybe you guys would? | -谁来做这些的模特? -我在想也许你们可以来做? 什么?我?模特? |
[03:29] | – [gasping] – What? Me? Model? | |
[03:33] | In front of a bunch of rich, snobby people? | 在一群有钱势利的人面前? |
[03:36] | Hello? No! | 什么?不可能! |
[03:38] | It’s for a good cause. | 这是有正当理由的 |
[03:41] | Fine. But I’m not wearing a dress. | 好吧 但我不会 穿裙子的 |
[03:43] | Fine by me. | 我可以 我的天啊 我好激动! |
[03:44] | – [squealing] – Oh my gosh, I’m so excited! | |
[03:46] | Come on in, guys. I’m so happy you’re here. | 进来吧 各位 我很开心你们都来了 |
[03:49] | Kristy’s just upstairs working on her pouch. | 克里斯蒂正在楼上处理她的袋子 |
[03:51] | Dawn, tell her your idea. | 道恩 告诉她你的想法 |
[03:53] | Well, I wanted to have an anti-capitalist message | 我想传达一个反资本主义的信息 |
[03:55] | because all the things you keep in the pouch cost money, | 因为你装饰袋子的所有东西 都要花钱 这太荒谬了 因为这能让糖尿病患者活下去 他们不应该为此付钱 |
[03:57] | which is just ridiculous, because it keeps diabetics alive | |
[04:00] | and they shouldn’t have to pay for that. | |
[04:02] | So something that explains health care is a human right | 所以说医疗保健是一项人权 |
[04:04] | and capitalism is really just a poison rotting our society from the inside out, | 而资本主义实际上是一种从内到外 腐蚀我们社会的毒药 |
[04:09] | but cute! [giggles] | 但很可爱! |
[04:10] | Anyway, bye! | 就这样 再见! 天啊 这代人 |
[04:14] | Ah. God, this generation. | |
[04:16] | Politically engaged, | 忙碌于政治 |
[04:18] | raising money for diabetes in their free time. | 在她们的空闲时间为糖尿病筹款 |
[04:20] | When I was their age, I only cared about boys and lip gloss. | 当我像她们这么大的时候 我只在乎男生和唇彩 |
[04:25] | I still care about those things to an uncomfortable degree. | 我现在对这些事情的关心程度 仍然让人不舒服 |
[04:28] | Well, on the topic of boys, how are things going with you and Watson? | 说到男生 你和沃森怎么样了? |
[04:31] | Are you still in a cloud of newlywed bliss? | 你们还沉浸在新婚的喜悦中吗? |
[04:35] | [Liz] We are. [giggles] | 我们还沉浸其中 |
[04:36] | We’re actually thinking about trying to have a baby. | 其实我们在考虑要个孩子 |
[04:40] | – I’m nuts, right? – No way. | -我疯了 对吧? -不是吧 |
[04:42] | You want to bring more love into this world? That’s a beautiful thing. | 你想给这个世界带来更多的爱吗? 这件事太美好了 |
[04:45] | I think maybe having a baby might, you know, complete our family. | 我想也许生个孩子会… 让我们的家庭完整 |
[04:49] | Unite us, you know? | 团结我们 你懂吧? |
[04:50] | Do you feel like you need that? | 你觉得你需要那个吗? |
[04:52] | I don’t regret anything. I have amazing kids. | 我什么都不后悔 我有很棒的孩子 |
[04:55] | But I can’t help but wonder what it would all have been like | 但我忍不住想 如果我找对了人 |
[04:59] | if I’d done it with the right man. | 这一切又会是什么样子 |
[05:04] | I have this fertility statue. | 我有这个生育雕像 |
[05:06] | It got my friend Soleil pregnant immediately. | 雕像让我的朋友苏蕾立马就怀孕了 |
[05:09] | Who knows what getting pregnant looks like at this stage in my life’s chronology? | 谁知道在我人生的这个阶段怀孕 是什么样子? |
[05:15] | It’s definitely going to include acupuncture. | 当然还要包括针灸 |
[05:17] | [laughs] Yes. Okay, enough about me. | 好 这对我来说就够了 |
[05:20] | What about you and Richard? Tell me the hot goss. | 那你和理查德呢?给我讲讲最新八卦 |
[05:22] | Oh, boy. It’s on, in a big way. | 天啊 一切都很顺利 很大程度上 |
[05:26] | There’s a lot of canoodling and whispering. | 在预定的时间会有很多爱抚和耳语 |
[05:28] | At scheduled times, | |
[05:29] | so he feels comfortable. | 所以他感觉很舒服 |
[05:31] | – We are just so… – [Stacey] Oh my God, ew. | -我们就是非常… -天啊 |
[05:33] | Grown-ups talking about this stuff makes me want to… | 大人们谈论这些东西让我想… (死) |
[05:38] | Mallory, why are you writing “die”? This is supposed to be uplifting. | 马洛里 你为什么要写“死”? 这东西应该振奋人心才对 |
[05:42] | Oh, it’s gonna say, “Diabetes Stuff”. | 我是要写“糖尿病物品” |
[05:44] | Get it? Because it holds the stuff for all your diabetes. | 明白了吗? 因为里面有你所有要用的糖尿病物品 |
[05:48] | I’m not an expert, but I don’t think that’s how you spell diabetes. | 我不是专家 但我不认为 糖尿病是这样拼写的 |
[05:52] | Oh. | 这样啊 |
[05:53] | – Uh, can I get another pouch? – Um, maybe we can just fix it. | 我能再拿一个袋子吗? 也许我们可以修缮一下 |
[05:59] | That’s, like, your fifth glass of water in 20 minutes. Stace, you okay? | 这已经是你20分钟内喝的第五杯水了 史黛 你还好吗? |
[06:03] | Yeah. My blood sugar just might be a little high is all. | 没事 我的血糖可能有点高 仅此而已 |
[06:06] | [Stacey] Oh, very high. That can’t be right. | 天啊 非常高 不可能会这样啊 我觉得我的应用程序不好用了 我要去检查一下 有时会这样吗? 你的血糖是正常还是不正常? |
[06:10] | Um, I think my app is messed up. I’m gonna go test. | |
[06:14] | So that happens sometimes? | |
[06:16] | Your blood sugar’s fine and then, like, not fine? | |
[06:19] | Yeah, sometimes. | 是的 有时会这样 |
[06:20] | I have a pretty good system though, so there are rarely any surprises. | 但我有一个很好的系统 所以很少有惊喜 |
[06:23] | Wow. Stacey, you’re so mature. | 哇 史黛西 你太成熟了 |
[06:25] | You’re totally showing your diabetes who’s boss. | 你这完全是在告诉你的糖尿病 谁才是老大 感觉就像是 史黛西一分 糖尿病零分 |
[06:28] | It’s like, Stacey: 1, diabetes: 0. | |
[06:30] | Don’t encourage her, Mal. | 别鼓励她 马洛 |
[06:32] | She needs to chill. She’s, like, 13 going on 35. | 她需要冷静 她才13岁感觉就像快35岁了 |
[06:36] | Ooh, can you do a fishtail braid on me when you get back? | 你回来后能给我编个鱼尾辫吗? |
[06:39] | I tried it at home, but it looked like a regular braid that gave up on itself. | 我在家里试过了 但看起来就像个 普通的辫子放弃自己了 |
[06:42] | Sure. [giggles] | 当然 |
[06:45] | [woman on laptop] A fishtail braid. | 以下是如何编鱼尾辫 |
[06:47] | First, grab the outside strands and pull them to the middle. | 首先 抓住外面的头发 把它们拉到中间 |
[06:50] | – [phone chiming] – [woman] Then what I like to do is take… | 然后我想做的就是拿一点儿… |
[06:52] | Present. | 你好 |
[06:53] | Kristy! | 克里斯蒂! |
[06:55] | – Uh, what are you doing to your hair? – [Kristy] Nothing! | -你在对你的头发做什么? -没什么! |
[06:58] | I… Karen was just playing with it. | 凯伦刚刚玩儿来着 |
[07:00] | Are you gonna let your new baby brother or sister play with your hair? | 你也会让你的新生儿兄弟姐妹 玩你的头发吗? |
[07:03] | Huh? | 嗯? |
[07:04] | Your mom told my mom. She and Watson are gonna have a baby! | 你妈妈告诉了我妈妈 她和沃森想要生个孩子! |
[07:08] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[07:10] | Hello? | 喂? |
[07:12] | Did the screen freeze | 是卡住了 |
[07:13] | or do you have complicated feelings that I should have taken into account? | 还是你有我应该考虑到的复杂情绪? |
[07:17] | No, I’m here. I just… | 没有 我在呢 我就是… |
[07:20] | I don’t have any feelings. I did not know that. | 我没有任何感觉 我完全不知道这件事 |
[07:23] | Oh. | |
[07:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:27] | Um, I’m sure my mom got the wrong info. | 我妈妈肯定是搞错了 |
[07:30] | She’s had, like, three kombuchas today. Forget I said anything. | 她今天喝了三杯康普茶 忘了我所说的吧 |
[07:34] | Why would my mom keep that a secret? | 我妈妈为什么要对此保守秘密? |
[07:36] | – Well… – [Kristy] Never mind. I know why. | -嗯… -算了 我知道为什么 |
[07:38] | She thinks I still feel weird about this family merging thing | 她觉得我还是觉得合家这件事很奇怪 |
[07:41] | and that having a baby would freak me out or something. | 生孩子会让我害怕什么的 |
[07:43] | You kind of are freaking out, which is natural. | 你会有些害怕 这很正常 |
[07:46] | I’m freaking out over the secrecy, not the baby. | 我害怕的是秘密 不是孩子 |
[07:48] | I love babies. I’m a babysitter! | 我喜欢宝宝 我是保姆! |
[07:50] | – You should… – I’m serious. | -你应该… -我是认真的 |
[07:52] | I think having a baby would be awesome | 我觉得有个孩子会很棒 |
[07:54] | and I’m really bummed out that my mom thinks I wouldn’t be okay with it. | 我很沮丧 因为我妈妈认为我不能接受 |
[08:00] | Did your screen freeze now? | 你那边现在是不是卡住了? |
[08:02] | Oh, sorry. Just wanted to make sure you were done talking. | 抱歉 我只是想确定你说完了 |
[08:06] | I have to find a way to fix this. | 我必须要想办法解决这个问题 |
[08:08] | Thomas out. | 托马斯挂了 |
[08:13] | Okay, this look is next level. | 好吧 这个看起来超棒 |
[08:16] | Degas meets McQueen. Stace, what do you think? | 德加与麦昆的相遇 史黛 你觉得呢? 是的 我很喜欢 |
[08:19] | Hm? | |
[08:21] | Oh. Yeah, I love it. | |
[08:23] | You okay? You’ve been a little Spacey Stacey today. | 你没事吧? 你今天有点儿不像史黛西的风格啊 |
[08:27] | Yeah, I just need some juice. | 没事 我就是需要喝点果汁 |
[08:29] | [Stacey] I thought my app was messed up, but it wasn’t. | 我以为我的应用程序出问题了 但事实并非如此 |
[08:31] | My blood sugar was high and now it’s too low. | 我之前血糖太高了 现在又太低了 |
[08:34] | My levels have never been up and down like this before. | 我的血糖水平 从来没有像现在这样上下波动过 |
[08:38] | Better. Protein break. | 好些了 该吃蛋白质了 |
[08:42] | Jessi, no offense, but that’s the most depressing snack I’ve ever seen. | 杰西 无意冒犯 但这是我见过最令人沮丧的零食 |
[08:47] | Can I get you some real food, like Starburst? | 我能给你弄点真正的食物吗 比如星爆糖? |
[08:49] | Later. Now, I need to make sure I eat something that’ll maximize my energy. | 之后吧 现在我要确保 我吃的东西能最大化我的能量 |
[08:53] | Feed my muscles. It’s kind of a formula, like Stacey. | 养活我的肌肉 这是一种公式 就像史黛西一样 |
[08:56] | [Stacey] Not really. | 并非如此 |
[08:57] | Jessi eats certain things so she can be some super athlete. | 杰西吃某些东西 是为了成为超级运动员 |
[09:00] | I eat them so I don’t go into a coma. | 我吃了这些东西才不会昏迷 |
[09:03] | Yeah, definitely. | 没错 |
[09:04] | Whatever you’re doing, it’s working. | 不管你在做什么 确实起作用了 |
[09:06] | I can barely touch my toes | 我都碰不到我的脚趾 考虑到我的年龄 这有点令人担忧 |
[09:07] | and, considering my age, it’s a little concerning. Ow. | |
[09:09] | Stace. This is great. | 史黛 这个很棒 |
[09:11] | – What do you think? – Mm-hm. | 你觉得怎么样? |
[09:12] | [Stacey] Everyone was counting on me to stay on top of it, and I will. | 所有人都指望我能掌控局面 我会的 |
[09:16] | My levels have been wonky, | 我的血糖一直不稳定 |
[09:17] | but I know the juice will bring me back up to normal. | 但我知道果汁能让我恢复正常 |
[09:19] | Remember, it’s a math equation. And who’s better at math than me? | 记住 这是一个数学方程 还有谁比我更擅长数学呢? |
[09:23] | [sighs] | |
[09:25] | [beeping] | |
[09:28] | [beeping] | |
[09:31] | [Stacey] Problem solved, just as I expected. | 正如我所料 问题解决了 |
[09:34] | Now the BSC plus JDRF can equal the best night ever. | 现在保姆俱乐部再加上基金会 就等于最棒的夜晚了 |
[09:38] | Gala time! | 晚会! |
[09:39] | [jazzy music plays] | (星光下的晚会 一个支持研究的夜晚) |
[09:43] | [Richard] Oh, wow. | 哇 |
[09:45] | So many people. | 这么多人 |
[09:48] | [hesitantly] Fun. How fun. | 好玩 真好玩 |
[09:50] | Don’t worry. Mom will be here soon. Like in an hour. | 别担心 妈妈很快就来了 大概一小时后 |
[09:53] | Soon, in an hour. So Sharon. | 很快 一小时后 -这很有莎朗的风格 -嗨 各位 这个晚会太疯狂了 我刚遇到一个叫史克鄱的人 |
[09:55] | Hi, guys. This gala is crazy. I just met a man named Scoop. | |
[09:59] | – Kristy! – Hey. Come with me, now. | -克里斯蒂! -喂 跟我来 现在 |
[10:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:03] | Champagne? Steer clear. Okay. | 香槟?离远点儿 好吧 |
[10:05] | It happened once. | 但只要有一次 |
[10:07] | Are we contagious? | 我们会传染吗? |
[10:09] | No, honey. | 不是的 亲爱的 |
[10:10] | They just think we’re deeply uncool, which is unfair because we are fun people. | 他们只是觉得我们很不酷 这是不公平的 因为我们是有趣的人 |
[10:15] | Yeah, so fun. | 是的 很有趣 |
[10:16] | So fun. Who would like a drink? | 非常有趣 谁想喝一杯?我从家里带来了杯垫 -太酷了 -嗯?好吧 |
[10:18] | I brought coasters from home. | |
[10:20] | – Oh, that’s cool. – Yeah? All right. | |
[10:24] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[10:27] | Ta-da! I’m gonna win this. | 看!我会赢得这个的 |
[10:29] | For your new puppy? Isn’t that a tad overkill? | 给你的新小狗? 是不是有点儿太过了? |
[10:32] | No, it’s not for Shannon, you goof. It’s for Mom and Watson. | 不是 这不是给香农的 你个笨蛋 这是给妈妈和沃森的 他们要生个孩子了 我的天啊!克里斯蒂 恭喜 |
[10:37] | – They’re gonna have a baby. – Oh my God! Kristy, congrats. | |
[10:40] | As someone with approximately 40 siblings, I can give you some tips. | 作为一个有大约40个兄弟姐妹的人 我可以给你一些建议 |
[10:43] | Thanks, but they haven’t even told me yet. | 多谢 但他们还没告诉我呢 |
[10:46] | They told Dawn’s mom and then Dawn told me. | 他们告诉了道恩的妈妈 然后道恩告诉了我 |
[10:49] | I still say my mom might have gotten the wrong info. | 我还是觉得我妈妈 可能得到了错误的信息 |
[10:53] | Yesterday, she did laundry with detergent that turned out to be bubble soap. | 昨天她用洗衣粉洗衣服 结果发现是泡沫肥皂 |
[10:57] | Now my TreePeople T-shirt is, like, iridescent. | 现在我的树人短袖像彩虹一样 |
[10:59] | No, it’s not like that. | 不是 不是那样的 |
[11:01] | They think that I’m not cool | 他们认为我对托马斯和布鲁尔 之间连起来的事不太满意 |
[11:03] | with the whole Thomas-Brewer hyphenate situation, | |
[11:05] | and that I’m not down to expand the fam. | 而且觉得我不想扩大家族 |
[11:08] | But I am, and this bassinet is my proof. | 但我想 这个摇篮就是我的证明 |
[11:11] | I love this idea. | 我喜欢这个主意 -让开 -好 |
[11:13] | – Move. – Okay. | |
[11:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:15] | Here are your instructions. | 以下是你们的指令 |
[11:17] | Dawn. I need you to stall Mom and Watson. | 道恩 我需要你拖住沃森 |
[11:20] | They can’t come over here under any circumstances. | 他们在任何情况下都不能来这里 |
[11:23] | This has to be a surprise. | 这一定要是个惊喜 |
[11:24] | Operation Stall Parents. Got it. | 拖延父母行动 明白 |
[11:27] | Okay. Mallory, Mary Anne, | 好 马洛里、玛丽·安 |
[11:29] | I need you guys to help me make sure no one else bids on this bassinet. | 我需要你们帮我确保 没人竞标这个摇篮 |
[11:32] | I have some babysitting money saved up, but I’m not a billionaire or a Brewer. | 我存了一些当保姆的钱 但我不是亿万富翁或布鲁尔家的人 我们要怎么阻止人们竞标呢? |
[11:38] | How are we gonna stop people bidding on it? | |
[11:42] | The pouch goes like a crossbody. That way, I won’t have to deal with the strap. | 袋子就像个斜挎包 所以我不用处理皮带了 |
[11:45] | Perfect. Can’t wait for you to bust a pirouette on the runway. | 完美 等不及看你在走秀台上 做单脚旋转了 |
[11:48] | People will freak. | 人们会疯狂喜欢的 |
[11:50] | [Stacey] I was having all the feelings tonight. | 我今晚心情百感交集 兴奋、骄傲 也真的很紧张 |
[11:52] | Excited, proud, and really nervous. | |
[11:56] | So, how are you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样? |
[11:58] | I was never feeling bad. | 我从来没有感觉不好 |
[11:59] | Okay, well, if you are, just let me know. | 好 如果你没事 告诉我一声 |
[12:02] | Claudia, I’m fine now. Let it go, okay? | 克劳迪娅 我现在没事了 别管了 好吗? |
[12:10] | Oh, look at this. | 看看这个 |
[12:12] | Trust me, Ms. Papadakis. | 相信我 帕帕达基斯夫人 你觉得你想要婴儿用品 但你不想要 现在 这个… |
[12:14] | You think you want the baby stuff, but you don’t. Now, this… | |
[12:19] | [Kristy] Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[12:23] | …power tool. This you’re gonna need. | 电动工具 这是你需要的 |
[12:26] | Cool, Mom. Let’s bid on that. | 酷 妈妈 我们竞标这个吧 |
[12:27] | Solid choice. | 可靠的选择 |
[12:28] | You won’t believe how much of this stuff you have to put together. | 你难以想象你要组装多少东西 |
[12:31] | None of it comes assembled. | 没有一个是组装好的 |
[12:33] | – [drill whirs] – [screams] | |
[12:36] | – Ah… – [Kristy] I know! | 我知道! |
[12:37] | You should bid on this. | 你应该竞标这个 |
[12:38] | I mean, it’s for people with diabetes, | 我是说 这是为糖尿病患者准备的 |
[12:40] | but it could also work for a working mom on the go. | 但也适用于忙碌工作的妈妈 |
[12:43] | You could put in some baby wipes, | 你可以放些婴儿湿巾 |
[12:45] | a pacifier, a snack in case you’re starving but can’t leave the baby. | 奶嘴、零食 以防你饿了又离不开宝宝 |
[12:49] | [Mary Anne] Trust us. We would know. | 相信我们 我们知道的 |
[12:51] | – We’re babysitters. – [Mrs. Papadakis] It’s perfect. | 我们是保姆 太完美了 |
[12:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[12:55] | We did it! We did it! | 我们成功了! |
[12:58] | You’re a Scorpio, Liz? | 你是天蝎座吗 莉斯? |
[13:01] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[13:02] | Is that a bad sign? | 这是不好的征兆吗? |
[13:03] | – Am I bad? – [Dawn] No, no, no. | -我不好吗? -不是 |
[13:05] | It’s just… How about I read your chart? In fact, I can read all your charts. | 就是…我给你看看星象图如何? 其实我可以看你们所有人的星象图 |
[13:09] | I… I’m gonna do a lap. Sharon might be lost in the parking lot. | 我要出去转一圈 莎朗可能在停车场迷路了 |
[13:13] | – We’re gonna go with him. – Yeah. | -没错 我们要和他一起去 -是的 |
[13:14] | – No, you can’t leave! – Why? | -不行 你们不能走! -为什么? |
[13:16] | Because, Liz, I really need you to answer some questions | 因为莉斯 我真的需要你回答一些 |
[13:19] | about the real estate market. | 关于房地产市场的问题 |
[13:20] | Will interest rates go up or down? | 利率会上升还是下降? |
[13:24] | And which one is better for the, um, economy? | 哪一个对经济更有利? |
[13:29] | – All great questions, Dawn. – Yeah. | 都是很好的问题 道恩 是的 |
[13:32] | Well, the thing about interest rates is that they’re set by the Federal Reserve | 利率是由美联储决定的 |
[13:37] | and they are more affected by the economy than the other way around. | 利率受经济的影响 比经济受利率的影响更大 |
[13:42] | Oh, shoot. | 该死 |
[13:43] | I can finish myself if you want to sit down. | 如果你想坐下 我可以自己完成 |
[13:46] | Maybe you should just take a sec before the show starts? | 也许你应该在演出开始前休息一下? |
[13:48] | Claudia, why are you treating me like I’m some invalid? | 克劳迪娅 你为什么把我当残疾人看待? |
[13:52] | For the millionth time, I’m fine. | 我说过无数次了 我没事 |
[13:54] | – You just seem a little tired. – Of course I’m tired, Jessi. | 你看起来有点累了 我当然累了 杰西 |
[13:58] | I’ve been planning a fashion show, designing pouches, and preparing a speech. | 我一直在策划一场时装秀 设计袋子、准备演讲 |
[14:01] | But I can power through it like you, okay? | 但我能像你一样挺过去 好吗? |
[14:03] | Jessi, I’m gonna go get the pouches. | 杰西 我要去拿袋子了 |
[14:06] | [Stacey] As much as I wanted to deny it, I knew something wasn’t right. | 虽然我很想否认 但我知道有些不对劲 |
[14:10] | I was suddenly extra tired and very moody. | 我突然特别累 而且非常情绪化 |
[14:13] | Both symptoms of low blood sugar, again. | 这两种症状都是我再次低血糖了 |
[14:18] | [woman] Stacey, you’re up next. I’m gonna do an intro, | 史黛西 下一个就是你 我会先做个介绍 |
[14:20] | you come out and do your speech, then we’re gonna do the fashion show. | 你出来演讲 然后我们就开始时装表演 |
[14:24] | – You ready? – Yeah. Ready. | -你准备好了吗? -是的 准备好了 我想说的是 |
[14:29] | [Dawn] I guess what I’m saying is | |
[14:31] | I don’t know if I really believe in the institution of marriage. | 我不知道我是否真的相信婚姻制度 无意冒犯 你们的婚礼很漂亮 |
[14:35] | No offense. Your wedding was beautiful. | |
[14:39] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:40] | Well, it’s a very personal choice. | 这是个很私人的选择 |
[14:42] | Honey, you want to go check out the silent auction? | 亲爱的 你想去看看无声拍卖吗? |
[14:45] | I would love to go check out the silent auction. | 我很想去看看无声拍卖 |
[14:47] | Okay, let’s do that. | 好 那我们走吧 |
[14:48] | – Wait, hold on. Just… – Mom, Watson. Congratulations! | -等等 稍等一下 就… -妈妈 沃森 恭喜! |
[14:53] | It’s a bassinet. Nice, huh? | 这是个摇篮 不错吧? |
[14:55] | – It’s really heavy. Can you hold it? – Okay. | -真的很重 你能拿着吗? -好 |
[14:58] | Honey, wh… what is this? Wh… what’s going on here? | 宝贝 这是什么意思?发生了什么? |
[15:01] | I know you’ve been trying to have a baby for a while | 我知道你们一直想要个孩子 |
[15:03] | and I also know that some of my past behavior | 我也知道我过去的一些行为 |
[15:06] | might indicate that I wouldn’t want that, but I really would. | 可能表明我不想那样 但我真的很想 |
[15:09] | I love our new big family and I can’t wait for it to get even bigger. | 我爱我们的新大家庭 我也等不及看到家族扩大了 谢谢 |
[15:13] | Uh, thank you. | |
[15:15] | Honey, I, um… | 宝贝 我… |
[15:16] | You guys, we’d better head backstage before the show. | 各位 我们最好在演出前到后台去 |
[15:19] | Warning, Stacey seems to really be on one tonight. | 警告一下 史黛西今晚 好像是“坏心情”的那个 |
[15:22] | – What do you mean? – I think it’s her diabetes. | -这是什么意思? -我觉得是因为她的糖尿病 |
[15:24] | She’s really low energy and crabby. | 她精力很差 脾气也不好 |
[15:28] | Very crabby. | 非常不好 |
[15:29] | Hardworking. | 努力 |
[15:30] | Smart. | 聪明 |
[15:32] | Responsible. | 有责任心 |
[15:33] | These are just a few words that describe our newest youth ambassador, | 以下是对我们最新青年大使的描述 |
[15:37] | Anastasia Elizabeth McGill. | 阿纳斯塔西娅·伊丽莎白·麦吉尔 |
[15:40] | You may know her as Stacey. | 你们可能叫她史黛西 |
[15:42] | She is an example of how one thrives with diabetes. | 她是一个糖尿病患者 如何茁壮成长的例子 |
[15:47] | And as you all know, a lot of type 1’s are children… | 正如你们所知 很多一型糖尿病患者 都是儿童… |
[15:51] | [Kristy] Hey, Stace. | 喂 史黛 但我相信… |
[15:54] | – Hey. Um, just start lining up. – Don’t you have to do your speech first? | 喂 开始排队吧 不需要先做你的演讲吗? |
[15:59] | Right. Yeah. | 对 没错 |
[16:01] | Hey, Stace. Are you okay? Claudia told us you weren’t… | 喂 史黛 你还好吗? 克劳迪娅告诉我们你没有… |
[16:04] | Claudia! Seriously? | 克劳迪娅!认真的吗? |
[16:06] | You’re telling everyone? | 你告诉所有人了? |
[16:07] | – [sarcastically] Great best friend. – I’m sorry. | 真是好朋友 -我很抱歉 -女士们先生们 让我们欢迎 史黛西·麦吉尔 |
[16:09] | Please welcome to the stage Stacey McGill! | |
[16:13] | [Stacey sighs] | |
[16:16] | – I didn’t mean to… – It’s fine. | -我不是故意的… -没关系 |
[16:23] | [cheering, applauding] | |
[16:28] | Um… | |
[16:29] | Hi, everyone. | 大家好 |
[16:31] | Thank you so much for having me here tonight. | 非常感谢你们今晚邀请我来这里 |
[16:35] | Um, when I was first diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, | 当我第一次被诊断为一型糖尿病时 |
[16:39] | I thought my life was over. | 我觉得我的人生结束了 |
[16:43] | But, um… | 但… |
[16:46] | [Stacey] I was supposed to say diabetes had turned me into someone ultra-mature | 我本应该说糖尿病 把我变成了一个超级成熟的人 |
[16:51] | who had it all under control. | 让我一切都在掌控之中 |
[16:52] | But look at me. | 但看看我 |
[16:54] | It was a total lie. | 这完全是谎言 |
[16:57] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[16:59] | I can’t do this. I… | 我完成不了了 我… |
[17:01] | I really don’t feel well. | 我真的感觉很不舒服 |
[17:04] | Is my doctor here? | 我的医生在场吗? 我知道我给自己注射了适量的胰岛素 |
[17:06] | I know I gave myself the right amount of insulin. | |
[17:09] | – Did you eat your regular dinner? – No. | -你吃你平常的晚餐了吗? -没有 |
[17:11] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[17:12] | Stacey, we talked about this. | 史黛西 我们谈过这件事 |
[17:13] | Mr. and Mrs. McGill, I think we need to hear from Stacey. | 麦吉尔先生和太太 我觉得我们需要听听史黛西说的 |
[17:18] | I’m just so embarrassed. | 我只是太尴尬了 |
[17:20] | You were the one who recommended me to the JDRF | 是你把我推荐给基金会的 |
[17:22] | and got me invited to this thing, and now look at me. | 并邀请我来参加这一切 但现在看看我 |
[17:25] | My sugar’s out of control. | 我的血糖失控了 |
[17:29] | I’m a phony. | 我是个骗子 |
[17:30] | There is no perfect representative for diabetes. | 糖尿病没有完美的代表 |
[17:34] | Everyone has good days and bad days, no matter how on top of it they are. | 每个人都有好日子和坏日子 不管他们是多么出色 |
[17:37] | I really thought it was just a numbers game, | 我真的以为这只是个数字游戏 |
[17:40] | and if I figured it out, I wouldn’t make mistakes. | 如果我弄明白了 我就不会犯错 |
[17:43] | I’d be okay. | 我会没事的 |
[17:44] | And you will be okay. | 你会没事的 |
[17:46] | When I first got diagnosed, I just felt so powerless in my body. | 当我第一次被确诊时 我只是觉得我的身体很无力 |
[17:51] | I don’t ever want to go back to feeling that way. | 我再也不想回到那种感觉了 |
[17:54] | [Dr. Arevalo] But you might sometimes. It’s a lifelong disease. | 但有时你可能会有那种感觉 这是一种终生疾病 |
[17:58] | But you know, Stacey, | 但你知道 史黛西 |
[18:00] | not being ashamed of your disease | 不为自己的病感到羞耻 |
[18:02] | doesn’t mean you have to love having it all the time. | 但这并不意味着你要一直喜欢这个病 |
[18:05] | – Sometimes it sucks. – [Stacey chuckles] | 有时候这病很糟糕 |
[18:07] | Right? | 对吧? |
[18:08] | – Yeah. – [chuckling] | 对 |
[18:10] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[18:13] | To being kind to yourself. | 敬善待自己 |
[18:15] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[18:16] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[18:18] | – Cheers. | – Cheers. -干杯 -干杯 |
[18:23] | So, fun night. | 好玩的夜晚 |
[18:25] | Go diabetes! | 糖尿病来吧! |
[18:27] | Not “go” in a positive sense. I mean, it’s a disease. | 不是说要“患”糖尿病 我是说 这是个疾病 |
[18:30] | People are suffering. | 人们因此而痛苦 |
[18:31] | – Yeah. | – Yeah. Okay. -是的 -是的 好吧 |
[18:32] | I’m gonna go upstairs and see if Andrew can fit in this bassinet. | 我上楼看看 能不能把安德鲁放进摇篮里 但也许你们可以聊聊 |
[18:36] | – [Liz giggles] – Maybe you guys can have a little chat. | |
[18:40] | – We got it, Watson. – Right. I’m just saying. | -我们可以的 沃森 -好 就是谈谈 |
[18:42] | – Talk it out! – [Liz] Yeah. Bye. | -都说出来吧! -好 再见 |
[18:45] | [laughing] | |
[18:47] | I’m sorry I got you that baby gift. I thought it would make you happy. | 我很抱歉给你买了婴儿礼物 我以为这会让你开心 |
[18:52] | Oh, baby, it did. | 宝贝 我确实很开心 |
[18:55] | I didn’t think for one second | 我一刻都没想过 |
[18:58] | that you wouldn’t be supportive of us having another baby. | 你会不支持我们再要一个孩子 |
[19:01] | In fact, I knew you would be. | 事实上 我知道你会支持 所以我才没告诉你 你这是什么意思? |
[19:02] | – It’s kind of why I didn’t tell you. – [Kristy] What do you mean? | |
[19:06] | Well, you know, having a baby at any stage, | 在任何阶段生孩子 |
[19:11] | it can be a journey, but especially at my age. | 这可能是一段旅程 但对我这个年纪来说尤其如此 |
[19:14] | There could be setbacks. I just didn’t want to tell everyone | 可能会遇到挫折 我只是不想告诉所有人 |
[19:18] | until I knew for sure that we were gonna try | 直到我确定我们会尝试 |
[19:21] | or maybe even until we knew it could happen. | 或者是在我们知道这可能发生之前 |
[19:26] | Really? It’s gonna be that hard? | 真的吗? 会那么难吗? |
[19:29] | I don’t know. There’s just no guarantees. | 我不知道 这事不能保证 |
[19:32] | And when I saw you | 当我看到你 激动地告诉我们 你有多爱我们的家庭 |
[19:34] | get so excited telling us how much you love our family | |
[19:39] | and how you can’t wait for it to get even bigger… | 以及你如何迫不及待地 等待家族扩大… |
[19:45] | I just felt all this pressure, because what if I can’t give you that? | 我只是觉得压力很大 因为如果我不能给你呢? |
[19:50] | You know? I don’t want to get your hopes up, or mine. | 你知道吗?我不想让你 或我抱太大希望 |
[19:54] | Oh no, Mom. | 不会的 妈妈 |
[19:57] | No matter what happens, we have this, and that’s enough. | 不管发生什么 我们都一起面对 这就足够了 |
[20:02] | You’re amazing. | 你太棒了 |
[20:04] | Mm. | |
[20:09] | Oh God, I’m already so emotional. | 天啊 我已经很情绪化了 |
[20:12] | Can you imagine what I’ll be like if I have to go on hormones or something? | 你能想象如果我需要荷尔蒙什么的 会是什么样子吗? |
[20:16] | So you guys are gonna try? It’s official? | 所以你们打算试试吗?这是正式的? |
[20:18] | – Kristy. – Mom. | -克里斯蒂 -妈妈 |
[20:20] | It’s a process, remember? | 这是个过程 记得吗? |
[20:22] | – I know. – Okay. | -我知道 -好吧 |
[20:23] | I’m just excited. A baby! | 我就是好激动 一个孩子! |
[20:25] | I mean, potentially. No pressure. | 我是说 有可能会有 不要有压力 |
[20:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 我爱你 |
[20:32] | – [laughing] – [Liz] I love you. | |
[20:34] | [Stacey] Looks like remembering to be kind to yourself | 看来对自己好一点并不只适用于 患有糖尿病的完美主义八年级学生 |
[20:36] | doesn’t just apply to perfectionist eighth graders living with diabetes. | |
[20:40] | – It’s for everyone. – Ow! Torture chamber! | 对大家都适用 刑讯室! |
[20:43] | Okay, well, maybe if you just sit still. | 好吧 也许你可以坐着别动 |
[20:45] | When Stacey does it, it doesn’t hurt. Just saying. | 史黛西编的时候 并不疼 说说而已 |
[20:48] | Where is Stacey? | 史黛西在哪儿? |
[20:49] | I don’t know, but she’s 4 minutes, 23 seconds late. | 我不知道 但她迟到了4分23秒 |
[20:51] | [Stacey] Hi. | 嗨 |
[20:53] | Sorry for my tardiness. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[20:54] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[20:58] | Okay, look. I owe all of you an apology for being such a fashion show-zilla. | 好吧 听着 我欠你们所有人一个道歉 因为我是一个时装秀狂人 |
[21:02] | When my blood sugar is messed up, it makes me really irritable, | 当我的血糖紊乱时 会让我很烦躁 |
[21:06] | which isn’t an excuse, but… | 这不是借口 但… |
[21:07] | We know, and we don’t care, Stace. We’re just glad you’re feeling better. | 我们知道 而且我们不在乎 史黛 我们看到你变好感到很高兴 |
[21:11] | Claudia, I’m so sorry. | 克劳迪娅 我真的很抱歉 |
[21:13] | All you were trying to do was look out for me. | 你只是想照顾我而已 |
[21:16] | And, Jessi, I’m sorry for snapping at you too. | 还有杰西 我也很抱歉对你发火 |
[21:20] | But the truth is it wasn’t just my blood sugar. | 但事实是 不仅仅是我的血糖 |
[21:23] | The truth is I’m jealous, | 事实是我很嫉妒 |
[21:25] | because your body can do all these amazing things | 因为你的身体 可以做所有那些神奇的动作 |
[21:27] | and mine needs major effort just to work right. | 而我的身体需要很大的努力 才能正常工作 |
[21:30] | It’s all good. | 一切都很好 |
[21:32] | Group hug? | 团体拥抱? |
[21:34] | [laughing] | |
[21:38] | Uh, guys, I hate to ruin the moment, but, Stacey, can I ask why you were late? | 喂 各位 我不想破坏气氛 但史黛西 我能问问你为什么迟到了吗? |
[21:43] | I got distracted by a little something that came in the mail. | 我被快递里寄来的小东西分心了 -史黛 你看起来太棒了! -我的天啊! |
[21:48] | [girls gasp] | |
[21:49] | Stace, you look amazing! Oh my gosh! | |
[21:52] | “Stacey McGill, navigating the highs and lows.” | “史黛西·麦吉尔 荣辱与共” |
[21:54] | It’s a good headline, right? | 这是个好标题 对吧? |
[21:56] | I don’t want to be some perfect poster child for diabetes. | 我可不想成为糖尿病的完美代言人 |
[21:59] | I’m still just figuring things out. | 我还在想办法 |
[22:01] | I think you’re doing pretty great. | 我觉得你做得很好 |
[22:03] | Hello? The pouches you made sold out, and… | 喂?你们做的袋子卖光了 而且… |
[22:05] | Due to my persuasive sales skills. | 由于我极具说服力的销售技巧 |
[22:07] | I wish we could have modeled them. My life’s in desperate need of glamour. | 我希望我们能把那些做成模型 我的生活迫切需要魅力 |
[22:11] | You guys, we still can. | 各位 我们依然可以 |
[22:14] | [laughter, cheering] | |
[22:18] | ♪ Imperfect, but perfectly unique ♪ | |
[22:22] | ♪ These are the flaws that I live in ♪ | |
[22:24] | ♪ I’m speaking out like a villain ♪ | |
[22:26] | ♪ I wouldn’t wanna be anywhere else ♪ | |
[22:31] | ♪ My skin is tough But I am soft underneath ♪ | |
[22:35] | [Stacey] I put all of this pressure on myself to be the best Stacey possible. | 我把所有的压力都压在自己身上 让自己尽可能成为最好的史黛西 |
[22:39] | The best at math, the best at style, the best at managing my diabetes. | 最擅长数学、最擅长打扮 最擅长控制糖尿病 |
[22:44] | But I forgot the one thing that’s the most important. | 但我忘了最重要的一件事 |
[22:47] | The thing I’ve always been good at without even trying. | 我一直都很擅长的一件事 |
[22:52] | Being a good friend. | 做一位好朋友 (根据安·马丁的系列小说改编) |
[22:56] | ♪ Some days I wake up and I think I could take anything they throw at me ♪ | |
[23:01] | ♪ Some days I wake up And I just wanna go right back to sleep ♪ | |
[23:06] | ♪ And there’s so much pressure ♪ | |
[23:07] | ♪ Be smart, be cute, be nice, be better ♪ | |
[23:10] | ♪ Well, I’m just trying to be me ♪ | |
[23:14] | ♪ The whole world has an opinion On everything I do and how I feel ♪ | |
[23:19] | ♪ Like I said, there’s pressure ♪ | |
[23:20] | ♪ Be cool, be quick Do it all, be better ♪ | |
[23:23] | ♪ What does that even mean? ♪ | |
[23:26] | ♪ There’s a girl in the mirror And she’s not what you tell her ♪ | |
[23:31] | ♪ She’s a lot that you’ll never even see ♪ | |
[23:35] | ♪ And she’s made a decision ♪ | |
[23:37] | ♪ And she doesn’t have to fit in ♪ | |
[23:39] | ♪ She’s not perfect, she’s just human Like me ♪ | |
[23:45] | ♪ My skin is tough But I am soft underneath ♪ | |
[23:49] | ♪ Imperfect, but perfectly unique ♪ | |
[23:54] | ♪ These are the flaws that I live in ♪ | |
[23:56] | ♪ I’m speaking out like a villain ♪ | |
[23:58] | ♪ I wouldn’t wanna be anywhere else ♪ | |
[24:04] | ♪ Wouldn’t wanna be anywhere else ♪ |