时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | ♪ Ah, yeah ♪ | NETFLIX 原创剧集 |
[00:09] | ♪ Hey, hey, hey ♪ | |
[00:10] | ♪ Hey ♪ | |
[00:12] | [Mary Anne] I guess you could call me a hopeless romantic, | 我想你可以叫我绝望的浪漫主义者 |
[00:15] | but I prefer hopeful romantic. | 但我更希望充满希望的浪漫 |
[00:17] | My dad and Sharon had just spent the weekend | 我爸爸和莎朗整个周末 |
[00:18] | at a bed-and-breakfast in the Berkshires, and I was hopeful, | 都在巴克夏的一家民宿度过 而我充满了希望 |
[00:21] | no, certain that the question had been popped. | 不对 订婚的事肯定已经被提出来了 |
[00:24] | On the weekend before Valentine’s Day! | 在情人节前的周末! |
[00:26] | [narrator squeals] | |
[00:27] | Is this too much? | 是不是太过分了? |
[00:28] | Do you think they’ll know we know they’re engaged if I wear my wedding look? | 如果我穿上我的婚礼礼服 他们会看出我们知道他们订婚了吗? |
[00:31] | – Oh no. It’s very subtle. – Okay. | -不会 没那么容易察觉 -好 |
[00:33] | – Have you also considered wearing a veil? – Well, your shirt is a dead giveaway too. | 你考虑过戴面纱吗? 你的衣服也一样很明显 |
[00:37] | We’re all for marriage equality, but it’s supposed to be a surprise. | 显然我们都支持婚姻平等 但这应该是个惊喜 |
[00:41] | If they wanted it to be a surprise, | 如果他们希望是惊喜 他们就 不会预约在萨尔瓦托了 |
[00:42] | they would’ve made dinner reservations anywhere but Salvatore’s. | |
[00:45] | Is there a more obvious place for them to break the news? | 还有比那里更明显 更泄露信息的地方吗? |
[00:47] | [both giggle] | |
[00:48] | – Also this shirt’s vintage. It’s my dad’s. – Did you hear what you just said? | -还有这件衬衫有年头了 这是我爸的 -你听到自己刚才说的了吗? |
[00:52] | Oh, right. Maybe best not to evoke my mom’s failed marriage | 对 也许最好不要提起 我妈妈失败的婚姻 |
[00:56] | on the night we celebrate her next chapter. Sweater? | 那天晚上我们会为她 人生的新篇章庆祝的 毛衣? |
[01:00] | This is happening. An autumn wedding. | 这真的要来了 秋季婚礼 |
[01:03] | Burgundy tablecloths. | 勃艮第桌布 |
[01:05] | Do you think Logan will be my date to the wedding by then? | 你觉得罗根会是我的婚礼男伴吗? |
[01:08] | Gosh, I really hope Logan will be my date to the wedding. | 天啊 我真希望罗根 能陪我一起参加婚礼 |
[01:11] | If you want Richard to drop dead on his wedding night, then sure. | 如果你想让理查德在新婚之夜去死 那就没错 |
[01:15] | No, but seriously, that would be amazing. | 没有 但说真的 那会很棒的 |
[01:18] | You two make such a cute couple. Is he going to be your Valentine? | 你们两个会很配的 他会是你的情人吗? |
[01:21] | I haven’t even thought about it. Let’s just focus on one romance at a time. | 我还没有考虑过 让我们一次先专注于一场浪漫吧 |
[01:25] | Come take a photo. | 过来拍张照 (玛丽·安 就是今晚) |
[01:36] | [Mary Anne] Dawn and I were dressed, subtly and ready. | 道恩和我穿着打扮停当了 |
[01:39] | But first, Dad had a 20-minute monologue prepared about… | 但首先 爸爸准备了 20分钟的长篇大论… |
[01:42] | The best croissant of my life. | 这是我这辈子吃过最好的可颂 |
[01:45] | That croissant was inspirational. | 那个可颂真的很鼓舞人心 |
[01:47] | No, aspirational. I aspire to be more like that croissant. | 不是 志向高远 我想自己更像那个牛角包 |
[01:50] | Honey, you are. You’re buttery and surprisingly expensive. | 确实 又油又意外地贵 那间小屋真是奢华 |
[01:53] | [giggles] That cabin was the height of luxury. | |
[01:56] | He decked it out with flowers and candles. Who does that? | 他用鲜花和蜡烛装饰地满满当当 是谁做的? 抱歉 还有一些关于牛角包的话要说 |
[01:59] | A couple more things about the croissant. | |
[02:01] | – You think you know flaky… – Spit it out already! | -你以为你知道成片的… -快点说出来吧! |
[02:06] | I did not mean to speak those words out loud. | 我不是有意这么大声说出来的 好吧 既然你似乎有暗示 玛丽·安 我肯定会说完的 |
[02:09] | Well, since you seem to have an inkling, Mary Anne, I will indeed spit it out. | |
[02:13] | And we do have something important we’d like to share. | 我们确实有重要的事情 愿意来要分享 |
[02:17] | [Mary Anne] Okay. Look surprised, Mary Anne. | 好 看起来很惊讶 玛丽·安 |
[02:20] | [“Wedding March” plays] | |
[02:22] | I settled out of court. No one in Stamford Heights Apartments is going to be evicted. | 我选择庭外和解了 斯坦福高地公寓里不会有人被驱逐了 |
[02:26] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么? |
[02:31] | Oh. | |
[02:32] | You said they won’t be evicted. | 你说他们不会被驱逐了 |
[02:36] | That’s great, Dad. | 太好了 爸爸 |
[02:38] | Proud of you, Richard. Fighting the good fight. | 为你感到骄傲 理查德 打了一个漂亮的官司 |
[02:42] | Thank you. Now, quickly I’d like to take you through the entirety of the case. | 谢谢 现在我想带你们回顾整个案子 |
[02:45] | [Mary Anne] Don’t get me wrong. It’s a basic human right to have housing. | 别误会 拥有住所是一项基本人权 |
[02:48] | But what was going on with my father? | 但我爸爸是怎么回事? |
[02:50] | Here was this incredible woman next to him. His perfect match. | 他旁边坐着一个不可思议的女人 他的绝配 |
[02:53] | Why couldn’t he just hurry up and propose already? | 他为什么不快点求婚呢? |
[02:55] | I know I’m being controlling, but I just feel so stupid. | 我知道我在控制别人 但我觉得自己很蠢 |
[02:58] | I almost wore a gown. | 我就差穿礼服了 |
[03:00] | That sounds pretty lame. Uh, the proposal, I mean. Not the gown. | 听起来很差劲 我是说求婚 不是礼服 |
[03:04] | Maybe your dad wanted to ask, but got nervous. | 也许他是想求婚的 但有点紧张 |
[03:06] | Candy grams! Get candy grams delivered to your sweetheart’s homeroom on Friday! | 糖果贺卡! 买些糖果贺卡 周五送到你宝贝的教室去! |
[03:11] | Five dollars! | 五美元! |
[03:13] | Expensive for a box of stale hearts. | 就一盒陈旧的爱心真挺贵的 |
[03:14] | Maybe he didn’t get nervous. Maybe Dawn and I got ahead of ourselves. | 也许不是他紧张 也许是道恩和我太超前了 |
[03:18] | Who in their right mind would ask someone to marry them | 哪个脑子正常的人会在情人节五天前 |
[03:20] | five days before Valentine’s Day? Right? | 请别人嫁给他呢?对吧? |
[03:24] | – What’s wrong? – Nothing. | -怎么了? -没什么 |
[03:25] | – It’s… It’s just… – Woo! | 只是… |
[03:30] | I was kind of gonna ask you to be my girlfriend today. | 我想让你今天做我的女朋友 |
[03:33] | I got you this bracelet. | 我给你买了这个手链 |
[03:35] | But it can wait till Friday. It can totally wait. | 但其实可以等到周五的 完全可以等 |
[03:38] | Uh, no! I mean, not no! | 不要!我是说 不是拒绝! |
[03:40] | No, as in don’t wait till Friday. | 不要 别等到周五了 |
[03:42] | Yes, I’d love to be your girlfriend. | 是的 我很乐意当你的女朋友 |
[03:45] | – [applauding] – [boy] Woo! | |
[03:49] | [Mary Anne chuckles] | 好 |
[03:51] | Yeah. | 对 |
[03:52] | – Good? – Yeah. | -好吗? -好 |
[03:55] | – School! Class. – [Logan] Yeah. | -上学了!上课 -对 |
[03:57] | – Bye. – Bye! [giggles] | -再见 -再见! |
[03:59] | [squealing, giggling] | |
[04:01] | Stunning! You know what this means? | 太绝了!你知道这意味着什么吗? |
[04:03] | You’re the first official member to have a boyfriend. | 你是我们第一个有男朋友的正式成员 |
[04:05] | If you’d told me a year ago, I would’ve been shocked. | 如果你一年前告诉我 我会很震惊的 |
[04:08] | – Gee, thanks. – I’m happy for you. | -天啊 谢谢 -我为你高兴 |
[04:10] | – Why do I feel a “but” coming? – But… | -为什么我觉得还有“但是”? -但是… |
[04:11] | – There we go. – Remember, you are number one, always. | -来了 -要记住 你自己总是 第一位 |
[04:14] | And then we are number two. And then your dad’s number three. | 那我们就排在第二位 还有你爸爸在第三位 |
[04:18] | So I guess he’s number four? | 所以 我猜他是在第四位? |
[04:20] | No, Sharon and Mimi, so that’s four, five, six… | 不 莎朗和美美 那是第四、五、六位… |
[04:24] | We get it, Kristy, but as the boy expert here, | 我们懂了 但作为这里的男孩专家 |
[04:26] | I will be leading the official girlfriend task force. | 我会领导官方女友工作组 |
[04:28] | That cannot become a thing. | 那不可能 |
[04:30] | Week one of the relationship is all about setting up ground rules. | 交往的第一周就是在建立基本规则 |
[04:33] | It’s vital you maintain the power of least interest. | 对他保持冷处理非常重要 |
[04:36] | – You can’t let him know where he stands. – Stacey. | -你不能让他知道他的立场 -史黛西 |
[04:39] | With all due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[04:40] | I watched you pretend to twist your ankle in front of a guy | 我看见过你在男生面前假装脚踝扭了 |
[04:43] | to impress him and then cry over his dirty whistle for a week. | 为了给他留下印象 然后为他那龌龊的口哨哭了一个星期 |
[04:47] | I think I got this. | 我觉得我能搞定 |
[04:48] | That was like a million years ago. | 那都是一百万年前的事了 |
[04:49] | – Dirty whistle? – It was tragic. I’ll tell you later. | -龌龊的口哨? -那很悲惨 我晚点再告诉你 |
[04:52] | So, if we could, uh, move the conversation | 所以 如果我们能把话题从男生身上 转移到更成熟的事情 比如照顾孩子上 |
[04:55] | from boys to something a little more mature, like childcare, | |
[05:00] | that would be greatly appreciated because this is a club meeting. | 我将不胜感激 因为这毕竟是一次俱乐部会议 |
[05:03] | [Mallory] Oh my God! | 我的天啊 玛丽·安 |
[05:04] | I just realized you landed a boyfriend just days before Valentine’s Day. | 我刚注意你是在情人节的前一天 交了一个男朋友 |
[05:08] | Iconic! I mean, is Valentine’s Day gonna be your first date? | 太经典了! 情人节会是你们的第一次约会吗? |
[05:11] | I actually haven’t even thought about Valentine’s Day or our first date. | 我都还没想过情人节 或是我们的第一次约会 |
[05:14] | To be honest, I’m kind of freaking out. | 老实说 我吓坏了 |
[05:17] | We’ve never really hung out before one-on-one. What if it’s awkward? | 我们从来没有真正一对一相处过 万一很尴尬怎么办? |
[05:20] | I’ve had to sit through hours of you two discussing which actresses you’d cast | 我不得不坐了好几个小时 听你们俩 一直讨论电影版《魔法坏女巫》中 |
[05:23] | in the movie version of Wicked. | 选哪个女演员 |
[05:25] | I’m sure you’ll be fine. | 我保证你们会没事的 |
[05:27] | [phone ringing] | |
[05:28] | Hello, Baby-Sitters Club. This is Kristy Thomas speaking. | 你好 保姆俱乐部 我是克里斯蒂·托马斯 |
[05:31] | Oh, hey, Mom. | 嗨 妈妈 |
[05:32] | Weren’t your parents going to announce their engagement yesterday? | 你的父母不是要宣布订婚吗? |
[05:35] | Did that happen too? | 这个也实现了吗? |
[05:36] | We thought so, but I guess it just isn’t their time. | 我们是这么想的 但我想现在还不到时候 |
[05:39] | I also guess it’s not our time to become stepsisters. | 我们现在还没到做继姐妹的时候 但你已经像是我的姐妹了 |
[05:42] | But you’re already like a sister to me. | |
[05:44] | We don’t need some piece of paper to make it official. Right? | 我们不需要什么文件来宣布 对吧? |
[05:48] | My mom needs a sitter for Karen and Andrew tomorrow after school. | 我妈妈明天放学后需要一个保姆 照顾凯伦和安德鲁 克劳迪娅有空 |
[05:52] | Uh, Claudia’s free. | |
[05:54] | Good luck, Claud. | 祝你好运 克劳 |
[05:55] | My mom has a doctor’s appointment for the hypothetical B-A-B-Y. | 我妈有个给假想宝宝的医生预约 |
[06:00] | I don’t know what they’re doing to her over there, because at my place, | 我不知道他们对她做了什么 但在我的这个地方 |
[06:03] | it has been Hurricane Liz recently. | 最近被疯狂莉斯席卷了 |
[06:06] | Claudia will be your sitter. | 克劳迪娅会是你的保姆 |
[06:08] | Yes, Mom. I will bring you home some chocolate. | 好 妈妈 我给你带点巧克力回来 |
[06:12] | I got you. | 我有 |
[06:13] | [Mary Anne] I’d always thought life with a boyfriend | 我一直以为有男朋友的生活 |
[06:16] | would basically be the same as life without one. | 和没有男朋友的生活没什么区别 |
[06:18] | But apparently, much like a pre-Megxit Meghan Markle, | 但很明显 就像离开了皇宫的梅格汉·马克尔 |
[06:21] | I now had duties and responsibilities in my new role, | 现在 我在新角色上 有了自己的职责和责任 |
[06:24] | starting with lunch at… | 从午餐开始… |
[06:26] | The Couples’ Lounge. Welcome. | 情侣休息室 欢迎 |
[06:28] | Isn’t it nice to get away from the noise and chaos of the singles? | 远离单身人士的噪音和混乱 不是很好吗? |
[06:31] | Yeah, for sure. | 是的 当然了 |
[06:32] | Well, Valentine’s Day is upon us. | 情人节就要到了 |
[06:34] | Finally! A day for us couples. What do you boys have planned? | 终于!属于我们情侣的一天 你们有什么计划? |
[06:38] | Last week was our five-week anniversary, so of course we did this big thing, | 上周是我们的五周纪念日 我们当然有大计划 |
[06:42] | so I think we’re just gonna lay low. You guys? | 所以我觉得我们会低调度过 你们呢? |
[06:44] | [both] We made reservations at Salvatore’s. | 我们在萨尔瓦多餐厅预约位置了 |
[06:46] | Oh my God, jinx! | 我的天啊 默契! |
[06:48] | [both] They always do that. | 他们总是这样 |
[06:50] | – Oh my God, so do we! – What’s your plans? | -我的天 我们也是! -你们有什么计划? |
[06:53] | Um… | |
[06:54] | I… also made a reservation at Salvatore’s. | 我也在萨尔瓦多餐厅预约了 |
[06:58] | You did? | 是吗? |
[06:59] | [girl] Their prix fixe menu looks divine. | 他们的套餐菜单看起来很棒 |
[07:01] | Honestly, my heart goes out to anyone who has to spend Friday alone. | 老实说 我对那些 要独自度过周五的人表示由衷的同情 |
[07:05] | I just cannot imagine. | 我只是无法想象 |
[07:07] | [Mary Anne] At least I knew my first date was gonna be on Valentine’s Day. | 至少我知道我的第一次约会 是在情人节 |
[07:10] | Iconic, as Mallory would say, but also a little scary. | 太经典了 就马洛里说的 但也有点害怕 |
[07:15] | And speaking of scary… | 说到害怕… |
[07:17] | Do you know how your great-great-great-grandmother died? | 你知道你的曾曾曾祖母 是怎么死的吗? |
[07:20] | Not off the top of my head. | 我的脑袋肯定是不知道了 |
[07:21] | Mine was struck by lightning. | 我的被闪电击中了 |
[07:24] | But it was the dysentery that got her. | 但我知道她是感染了痢疾 她在为学校准备家谱 |
[07:27] | She’s working on her family tree for school. | |
[07:29] | Her mom’s side took five minutes, | 她妈妈这边就花了五分钟 |
[07:31] | but as you can imagine, the Brewers have a very long and well-recorded history. | 但你可以想象 布鲁尔家族有很长和记录在册的历史 |
[07:35] | I’ve got it covered. Love a project. | 我会处理好的 我喜欢项目 |
[07:38] | Oh, uh, Liz, did you, uh, want some chocolate? | 莉斯 你想吃巧克力吗? |
[07:41] | – What? – I just had a bar of it, randomly. | -什么? -我只是身上随便带了一块 |
[07:43] | No, I’m fine, thanks. | 不用 我不用了 谢谢 |
[07:45] | Andrew is watching Wall-E for the 900th time. | 安德鲁正在看第900次 《机器人总动员》 |
[07:48] | He says he enjoys the silence of it. | 他说他喜欢里面的安静 |
[07:51] | Anyway, if you can bring him a snack in a little bit, that’d be great. | 总之 如果你能带给他一点零食 会很不错 |
[07:54] | And there’s a bunch of old photo albums in the attic | 如果你想用的话 阁楼上有一堆旧相册 |
[07:56] | if you want to use them for visuals for her tree. | 可以为她的族谱加一些视觉效果 |
[07:59] | That’s it. I’ll be home at 6:00. Okay? Have fun. | 就这样 我六点到家 好吗?玩得开心 |
[08:02] | Claudia, I will take that. Thank you. | 克劳迪娅 我拿上这个吧 谢谢 |
[08:05] | Have fun, you guys. Bye! | 你们玩得开心 再见! |
[08:07] | There might be a new baby here soon. | 如果一切顺利 也许这里很快 |
[08:10] | If all goes well. | 就有一个新宝宝了 |
[08:12] | Here’s Grandpa Ben Brewer. | 这是本·布鲁尔爷爷 |
[08:14] | You can glue him next to Cordelia Brewer. | 你可以把他粘在 科迪莉亚·布鲁尔旁边 |
[08:16] | Although, the two of them didn’t really get along. | 虽然他们两个关系不是太好 |
[08:20] | There was a large dispute over renovations to their summer cottage on the Cape. | 他们对好望角夏季别墅 进行翻修的问题 发生了很大的争执 |
[08:24] | – How do you know about all this stuff? – My dad. | 你是怎么知道这些的? 我爸 而且 我能听到他们说话 |
[08:27] | Also, I can hear them talking. | |
[08:30] | [spooky wind rushing] | |
[08:38] | Sorry. This weird man was making the Crying Lady upset. | 抱歉 这位奇怪的男人 让哭泣小姐很伤心 |
[08:42] | The Crying Lady? | 哭泣小姐? |
[08:44] | [spooky music playing] | |
[08:47] | She lives here in what used to be the servants’ quarters. | 她住在这里 以前是仆人的房间 |
[08:50] | She died from a broken heart | 她死于突发的心脏病 |
[08:51] | after her husband perished in a whaling accident. | 在她丈夫死于一场捕鲸事故之后 |
[08:55] | I often hear her weeping. | 我经常听到她在哭 |
[08:58] | If you’re quiet, you might hear her too. | 如果你安静下来 你可能也可以听到 |
[09:04] | [Andrew] Claudia! Can I have a snack? | 克劳迪娅!我能吃点零食吗? |
[09:08] | Yup! Coming right up, Andrew. | 好!马上来了 安德鲁 |
[09:11] | [spooky music playing] | |
[09:16] | [Mary Anne] After another endlessly awkward lunch with the Couples-Only Club, | 在与情侣俱乐部又一次 无休止的尴尬午餐后 |
[09:19] | I was ready, no, desperate for some alone time with my friends. | 我准备好了 不对 渴望与朋友们独处一段时间 |
[09:23] | We always walk to our club meetings together on Wednesdays, but… | 我们周三总是一起去俱乐部开会 但她们去哪儿了? |
[09:27] | where were they? | |
[09:29] | The Crying Lady? | 哭泣小姐? |
[09:30] | Yes, the Crying Lady, which gave me nightmares last night. | 是的 昨晚让我做噩梦的哭泣小姐 这个是新鲜的 |
[09:33] | Oh. That’s a new one. | |
[09:36] | I’ll talk to Karen about it. Anyone else have anything to report? | 我会跟凯伦谈谈的 还有人有什么要报告吗? |
[09:41] | – You’re late. – Yeah, ’cause you all ghosted me. | -你迟到了 -因为你们都像看到鬼一样无视我 |
[09:44] | Oh my God. Wait, are you psychic? | 我的天啊 等等 你是通灵者吗? |
[09:47] | – We were just talking about ghosts. – What do you mean ghosted you? | -我们刚刚还在讨论鬼魂 -鬼魂是什么意思? |
[09:50] | I was waiting for you guys to walk over here with me, like always. | 我一直在等你们跟我一起走过来 像平常一样 |
[09:54] | Oh my God, I’m so sorry. | 我的天 我很抱歉 |
[09:56] | I assumed you’d want some alone time with Logan and he’d walk you over. | 我以为你想和罗根单独待一会儿 他会带你过来 |
[09:59] | What? No! God. That’s so old-timey and creepy. | 什么?不是!天啊 那太老套、太奇怪了 |
[10:03] | Because I have a boyfriend doesn’t mean I don’t wanna walk to meetings with you. | 因为我有男朋友不代表 我不想和你们一起走 |
[10:07] | Hate to say I told you so. | 真不想说我早告诉过你了 |
[10:08] | Yes, Logan is my boyfriend now, | 没错 罗根现在是我男朋友 |
[10:11] | but that doesn’t mean anything else needs to be different. | 但这并不代表其他任何事情 都应该有所不同 |
[10:13] | Well, except for lunch. | 好吧 除了午饭 |
[10:16] | Okay, trust me. The Couples’ Lounge is not all it’s cracked up to be. | 好吧 相信我 情侣休息室 根本不像大家想得那么好 |
[10:19] | And you guys told me I had to sit there. | 你们说我必须坐在那里 |
[10:21] | Um, yeah, because we want the tea. | 对 因为我们想吃瓜 |
[10:23] | Are Hailee and Oliver really the perfect couple, | 海莉和奥利弗真的是完美情侣 |
[10:25] | or do we think there’s a few cracks in that foundation? | 还是说他们的关系有一些小裂缝? |
[10:28] | I’m sorry to report that they are perfect. | 我很遗憾地告诉你他们很完美 |
[10:30] | Horribly, annoyingly perfect. | 可怕、令人讨厌的完美 |
[10:32] | They finish each other sentences | 他们会说完彼此的想说的话 |
[10:34] | and they celebrate anniversaries on a bi-weekly basis. | 每隔两周就一起庆祝一次纪念日 |
[10:37] | – Oh! – That’s adorable! | 好可爱! |
[10:39] | Ugh. | |
[10:40] | Oh my God, my mom said yes. | 天啊 我妈妈答应了 |
[10:41] | Friday is a go, and she wants to set up mani-pedi stations for us! | 周五可以去了 而且她想要给我们弄一个美甲台 |
[10:44] | [squealing] | |
[10:45] | – Friday? – Galentine’s Day! | -周五? -女孩们的情人节! |
[10:47] | We’re going to watch and make fun of old rom-com movies. | 我们要去看一些老的浪漫喜剧电影 |
[10:50] | – Any excuse to eat way too much pizza. – Wait, that’s so much fun. What time? | -有借口吃很多披萨 -等等 太有意思了 什么时间? 对 周五 你和罗根已经计划好了吗? |
[10:53] | Um… | |
[10:56] | – Oh, right. Friday. – Have you and Logan already made plans? | |
[11:01] | Yeah, he made dinner reservations at Salvatore’s. | 对 他在萨尔瓦多餐厅订了晚餐 太浪漫了 |
[11:03] | Oh, that’s so romantic! | |
[11:05] | And pricey. | 而且很贵 |
[11:07] | People get engaged there. | 人们在那里订婚 |
[11:10] | I’m so jealous. You’re gonna have the best night ever. | 我好羡慕 你会拥有最好的一晚 |
[11:12] | Are you looking forward to it? | 你很期待吗? |
[11:14] | [Mary Anne] It’s not that I wasn’t excited about spending time with Logan. | 我不是不喜欢跟罗根在一起 |
[11:17] | It just didn’t seem as appealing | 只是那样不像和最好的朋友 |
[11:19] | as watching rom-coms in sweatpants with my best friends. | 一起穿着睡衣看浪漫喜剧 那样有吸引力 |
[11:21] | Mary Anne, have you told your dad about all this? | 玛丽·安 你有告诉过你爸爸吗? |
[11:25] | [Mary Anne] That’s it! I didn’t have to choose between Logan and my friends. | 对啊!我不必在洛根 和我的朋友之间做选择 |
[11:28] | Not when I could simply have my dad make that decision for me. | 我可以简单地让我爸帮我做决定 |
[11:31] | And of course, he’d say… | 他当然会说… |
[11:32] | Sounds good. Be home by 9:00. | 听起来不错 九点之前回家 |
[11:34] | Wait, I don’t think you heard me correctly. I said I’m going on a date. | 等等 我觉得你没听见 我说我要 |
[11:38] | On Valentine’s Day with my new boyfriend. | 在情人节和我的新男友去约会 |
[11:41] | One moment, please. | 请等一下 |
[11:53] | “I had a feeling that maybe you and Logan were starting to become | “我有种感觉也许在夏令营之后 你和罗根的关系开始超越朋友了 |
[11:58] | more than friends after camp, | |
[12:01] | and I am happy for you, sweetheart.” | 我很为你开心 宝贝” |
[12:04] | “He seems | “他看起来是个好孩子” |
[12:06] | like a very nice kid.” | |
[12:08] | Dad, are those… notes? | 爸爸 那些是笔记吗? |
[12:10] | No. | 不是 |
[12:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:14] | I’ve been preparing for this moment your entire life. I… | 我一辈子都在为这一刻做准备 |
[12:18] | I was scared to death of messing it up. | 我害怕把事情搞砸 |
[12:21] | I may or may not have asked my therapist to help me strategize… | 我也许有 也许没有 让我的治疗师帮我制订策略 |
[12:24] | You know, I don’t have to tell you the whole thing. | 你知道 我没必要告诉你整个过程 |
[12:28] | And I don’t need note cards to know that | 我不需要这些纸条就知道 |
[12:32] | I trust you. | 我相信你 |
[12:37] | [Mary Anne] I know what you’re thinking. “How sweet.” | 我知道你在想什么“好甜蜜” |
[12:39] | And you’re totally right. It was. | 你想得太对了 是的 |
[12:42] | But this also meant I now had to go have a panic attack. | 但这也意味着我现在要去惊慌失措了 |
[12:47] | Did anyone send you a carnation today, Kristy? | 今天有人送你康乃馨吗? |
[12:49] | No, thank God. | 没有 谢天谢地 |
[12:51] | Don’t you think it’s weird that we celebrate Valentine’s Day | 你不觉得我们用巧克力和鲜花 |
[12:54] | with chocolates and flowers | 庆祝情人节很奇怪吗? |
[12:56] | when it marks the day that Saint Valentine was martyred by Claudius the Cruel? | 这一天是为了纪念圣·瓦伦丁 被残忍的克劳迪斯杀害 |
[13:00] | Sure. | 当然 |
[13:02] | I also think it’s a corporate holiday | 我也觉得这是 |
[13:03] | designed to make women feel badly about themselves. | 让女性自我感觉糟糕的公共节日 |
[13:06] | But at least Mom’s getting a home-cooked meal from Watson out of it. | 但至少妈妈从沃森那里 得到了些家常菜 |
[13:09] | [gasps] | |
[13:11] | Did you hear that? It’s… | 你听到了吗?是… |
[13:13] | The Crying Lady? | 哭泣小姐? |
[13:15] | Karen, I’m not falling for it. | 凯伦 我不会上你的当的 |
[13:18] | You’re giving your babysitters nightmares. | 你让你的保姆做噩梦了 |
[13:21] | Stop messing with people. | 别再捉弄人了 |
[13:23] | You know ghosts aren’t real. | 你知道鬼不是真的 |
[13:26] | [distant whimpering] | |
[13:27] | [spooky bells chime] | |
[13:32] | [Charlie] Kristy! If you want a ride to the girl thing, I’m leaving now. | 克里斯蒂!如果你想搭车去找朋友们 我现在要出门 |
[13:35] | Coming, Charlie. | 来了 查理 |
[13:46] | [whispering] It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[13:48] | [Mary Anne] Because my dad and Sharon were going on a date, | 因为我爸爸和莎朗要去约会 |
[13:51] | Logan’s Mom picked me up, | 罗根的妈妈来接我 |
[13:52] | and if the car ride over was any indication of how the date would go, | 如果那辆车的到来预示着约会的进展 |
[13:55] | we were in for a long, awkward night of deadly pauses, | 我们将经历一个 漫长而尴尬的夜晚 致命的停顿 几乎没有眼神交流 |
[13:58] | and little to no eye contact. | |
[14:00] | Reservation? | 预约? |
[14:01] | Yeah, my name is Logan. | 有 我的名字叫洛根 |
[14:03] | – Last name. – Sorry, Bruno. | -姓 -抱歉 布鲁诺 |
[14:05] | – B-R-U… – I know how to spell Bruno. | -吕布的布… -我知道布鲁诺怎么写 |
[14:09] | And a rose for the girl. | 还有给女孩的玫瑰 |
[14:11] | – Thanks. – [woman] Wait here. | -谢谢 -在这里等着 |
[14:20] | [Mary Anne] What happened to me and Logan’s easy banter? | 我和罗根轻松、有趣的玩笑哪去了? |
[14:22] | We used to always know what to talk about. Now, it was like we’re complete strangers. | 我们以前总是知道要聊什么 现在我们好像完全陌生了 |
[14:27] | Mary Anne? | 玛丽·安? |
[14:29] | Dad? | 爸爸? |
[14:30] | Oh no. How did this happen? | 不是吧 怎么会这样? |
[14:33] | – Are you spying on me? – What? No. | -你是在监视我吗? -什么? 没有 等等 你的约会在这里? |
[14:35] | Wait, this is where your date is? | |
[14:37] | When you said date, I thought you meant pizza or at the arcade. | 你说约会的时候 我以为你在说商场里的披萨店 |
[14:40] | I mean, what are the chances? We do come here a lot. | 这多么巧啊?我们确实经常来这里 |
[14:43] | Logan, you remember my dad from Parents’ Weekend at summer camp. | 罗根 你还记得在夏令营的家长周末 见过我爸爸 |
[14:46] | – Yeah. – Dad, Logan. Logan, Dad. | -对 -爸爸 罗根 罗根 爸爸 |
[14:49] | And this is my… | 这是我的… |
[14:51] | Sharon. | 莎朗 |
[14:52] | Logan! Oh! | 罗根! |
[14:55] | – [Logan] Hi there. – [Sharon] I’ve heard so much about you. | -你好 -我听说了很多关于你的事 |
[14:57] | [woman] Bruno, party of two. Your table’s ready. | 布鲁诺 两位 你们的桌子准备好了 |
[15:00] | Oh, um, could we actually make it a party of four? | 我们能不能开四人派对? |
[15:02] | Really? You’d… You would want that? | 真的吗?你们想要吗? |
[15:05] | [Mary Anne] The truth was I’d do anything to save myself | 事实是 我愿意做任何事 |
[15:07] | from having to carry the conversation with Logan, | 来避免和罗根单独尬聊 |
[15:09] | even if that meant going on a double date with Sharon and my dad. | 就算是意味着要和莎朗还有我爸 进行四人约会 |
[15:17] | [Sharon] Let’s go around and say our love languages. I’ll go first. | 我们轮流来说我们的爱之语吧 我先来 |
[15:21] | Mine is words of affirmation. | 我的是肯定的话 |
[15:23] | Logan. | 罗根 |
[15:25] | Oh. Um… | |
[15:26] | I guess mine’s English? | 我猜我的是英文? |
[15:28] | Oh, no, thanks. I’m only 13. | 不用了 谢谢 我才13岁 |
[15:30] | I’ll take it. | 给我吧 |
[15:32] | Did Mary Anne tell you the big news? | 玛丽·安有没有告诉你大新闻? |
[15:34] | – Richard settled a big case out of court. – I love it when that happens. | -理查德庭外和解了一个大案子 -我喜欢这样 |
[15:39] | – [Oliver] I can’t do this! – [Mary Anne] It’s Hailee and Oliver. | 我再也受不了了 是海莉和奥利弗 |
[15:41] | I feel invisible in this relationship. You just don’t care about my needs! | 在这段感情里我感觉自己不被重视 你根本不在乎我的需要 |
[15:44] | Oliver! | 奥利弗! |
[15:46] | Don’t do this! | 别这样! |
[15:49] | [Mary Anne] Stars, they’re just like us. | 八卦专栏 就跟我们一样 |
[15:52] | But if the poster couple of Stoneybrook Middle School | 但如果斯托尼布鲁克中学的模范情侣 |
[15:54] | couldn’t make it to the first course, how could Logan and I stand a chance? | 都挺不过去第一节课 我和罗根还有机会吗? |
[16:00] | – Thank you. – Thanks, Mr. Spier. | -谢谢 -谢谢 斯皮尔先生 |
[16:02] | Sorry you had to cover me. I thought 20 would be enough. | 抱歉你要为我付钱 我以为20美元就够了 |
[16:04] | Please, call me Richard. And you can pick up the tab next time. | 拜托 叫我理查德就好 你可以下次再结账 |
[16:08] | I’m starting to realize I don’t know what a prix fixe meal is. | 我发现我不知道什么是套餐 |
[16:10] | – Thought it was a kind of food. – Totally get it. | -我以为那是一种食物 -完全理解 |
[16:13] | I thought elbow grease was a kind of cleaning product. | 我还以为肘部油是一种清洁产品 |
[16:15] | [cell phone chimes] | |
[16:17] | Oh, my mom is here to pick me up. | 我妈妈来接我了 |
[16:19] | Happy Valentine’s Day, Mary Anne. | 情人节快乐 玛丽·安 |
[16:21] | Bye. | 再见 |
[16:23] | Bye, Logan. | 再见 罗根 |
[16:25] | [melancholy music plays] | |
[16:31] | [Mary Anne] When Kristy got home from Galentine’s | 当克里斯蒂带着第一次也是最后一次 的美甲 从女孩们的聚会回家之后 |
[16:32] | with her first-and-last-ever manicure, | |
[16:34] | she was pretty done with all things in the romance genre. | 她对爱情类型的电影都了如指掌了 |
[16:37] | – But she hadn’t expected to walk into… – [sobbing] | 但她没想到会走进一部 |
[16:41] | …a horror movie? | 恐怖片? |
[16:45] | [sobbing continues] | |
[16:48] | [Mary Anne] The Crying Lady. | 哭泣小姐 |
[16:50] | Was Karen right? Was the house really haunted? | 凯伦说得对吗?房子真的闹鬼了吗? |
[16:53] | [sobbing] | |
[17:02] | – Mom? – Oh, Kristy! | -妈妈? -克里斯蒂! |
[17:05] | I thought you were a ghost. I mean Karen thought you were a ghost. | 我还以为你是鬼 凯伦以为你是鬼 |
[17:08] | Acoustics in this weird house. [sniffles] | 这个奇怪的房子里有回音 |
[17:12] | [Liz sighs] | |
[17:16] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? 我只是 |
[17:17] | [sighs] I’m just | |
[17:20] | overwhelmed and hormonal. | 不知所措、受荷尔蒙控制了 |
[17:23] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[17:24] | I mean, I don’t, but… | 我是说 我不懂但 |
[17:25] | [Liz gulps] | |
[17:26] | I’d listen, if you wanted to talk. | 如果你愿意说 我会听的 |
[17:29] | I know you would, sweetie. | 我知道你会的 亲爱的 |
[17:32] | But this isn’t something that I need to put on you. | 但这不应该是我说给你的 |
[17:35] | These are feelings that I actually should talk to my husband about, | 这些是我应该跟我丈夫谈的 |
[17:39] | instead of acting like nothing’s wrong | 而不是假装什么都没有发生 |
[17:42] | so that he doesn’t feel bad | 这样他才不会难过 |
[17:44] | until I get so stressed and so resentful that I explode. | 直到我压力太大 气到爆炸 |
[17:50] | Well, that sounds romantic. | 听起来很浪漫 |
[17:52] | Yeah. [chuckles] | 是 |
[17:54] | What about Karen? | 那凯伦呢? |
[17:57] | You want me to tell her it was just you crying in the bathroom | 你想让我告诉她是你在洗手间哭泣 |
[18:00] | and not a ghost? | 而不是鬼吗? |
[18:02] | Mm, nah. Why disappoint her like that? | 不要 为什么要让她失望呢? |
[18:05] | [both laugh] | |
[18:07] | [Mary Anne] Liz wasn’t a hurricane. | 莉斯不是飓风 |
[18:09] | More like she was stuck on a roller coaster. | 她更像是被卡在了过山车上 |
[18:11] | But the thing about roller coasters is, no matter how exciting they are at first, | 但过山车的问题是 不管一开始有多刺激 |
[18:15] | eventually you just want to get off. | 最终你都会想要下车 |
[18:16] | That was fun. He’s a very nice boy. | 今晚很有趣 他是个好孩子 |
[18:20] | He is. | 是的 这就是问题所在 |
[18:22] | And that’s the problem. | |
[18:24] | He’s a very nice boy and I really like him, | 他是个很好的孩子 而且我也真的喜欢他 |
[18:28] | but now that we made things official, | 但现在我们是正式男女朋友了 |
[18:31] | I feel like we can’t be ourselves around each other anymore. | 我觉得彼此相处的时候 再也不能做回曾经的自己 |
[18:33] | And my friends are treating me differently, | 我的朋友会区别地对待我 |
[18:36] | and he doesn’t even feel like my friend anymore. | 他感觉都不再是我的朋友了 |
[18:38] | So, basically, I’m just this friendless mess of a person | 所以我基本上 就是一个完全没有朋友的人 |
[18:43] | who doesn’t even know what to say. | 都不知道该说什么 |
[18:47] | I never thought being in a relationship meant feeling this lonely. | 我从没想过谈恋爱会感觉这么孤单 |
[19:01] | You are not a friendless mess. | 你不是一个没有朋友的孩子 |
[19:04] | You might be the least friendless person in the history of the world. | 你可能最不是世上没朋友的人 |
[19:09] | Your friends love you | 你的朋友爱你 |
[19:11] | in an almost concerningly aggressive fashion. | 以一种近乎关切的、咄咄逼人的方式 |
[19:14] | It’s okay if you want to go back to being just friends with Logan. | 如果你想跟罗根做回朋友 |
[19:19] | Or friends who like each other. | 或是暗恋彼此的朋友 那样没问题 |
[19:22] | Is that what you and Sharon are? | 你和莎朗就是这样吗? 喜欢彼此的朋友?因为如果是这样 我可以试着习惯这样 但 |
[19:24] | Friends who like each other? | |
[19:25] | Because if so, I can learn to get used to that, but | |
[19:29] | I just thought you would’ve proposed to her by now. | 我以为你现在已经应该向她求婚了 |
[19:32] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[19:35] | I can tell you with confidence that Sharon and I are | 我可以自信地告诉你 莎朗和我 |
[19:38] | more than friends who like each other. | 不止是喜欢彼此的朋友 |
[19:41] | But we’re also adults | 但我们也是成年人了 |
[19:43] | with history and our own families. | 有着自己的过去和自己的家庭 |
[19:47] | I’m not sure what to call it. | 我不知道该怎么称呼这种关系 |
[19:50] | We’re just | 我们只是 |
[19:52] | us. | 我们 |
[19:55] | But what I can tell you is that I’m happy | 但我能告诉你的是我很高兴 |
[19:58] | and that Sharon isn’t going anywhere. | 莎伦哪儿也不会去 |
[20:01] | And I know that because she and I have actually talked about it. | 我知道因为我和她已经讨论过了 |
[20:07] | [Mary Anne] Oh no. Does that mean I was gonna have to talk to my Valentine? | 不是吧 难道这意味着 我要和我的情人谈谈吗? |
[20:11] | Wait. So you’re not mad? | 等等 所以你没有生气? |
[20:13] | Or sad? | 或是伤心? |
[20:14] | [Logan] Are you kidding? Mary Anne, you read my mind. | 你在开玩笑吗? 玛丽·安 你读懂了我的想法 |
[20:16] | I’ve been so stressed lately. | 我最近压力太大了 |
[20:18] | – If I had to spend one more lunch… – At the Couples’ Table! | -如果我再多吃一顿的话… –在情侣休息室的餐桌! |
[20:21] | Not that that’s gonna survive after tonight. | 那张桌子活不过今晚了 |
[20:23] | “I feel so invisible in this relationship!” | “在这段感情里 我感觉自己不被重视!” |
[20:25] | “You don’t care about my needs!” | “你根本不在乎我的需要!” 所以我们还是朋友? |
[20:26] | [laughing] | |
[20:29] | [sighs] So we’re friends? | |
[20:31] | Yeah. | 对 |
[20:32] | – Yeah, we’re just… – [both] Us. | -是的 我们只是我们 -我们 |
[20:35] | – [both] Oh my God. – We did the thing! | -我的天啊 -我的天啊 我们这样做了! |
[20:37] | We did not do the thing. | 我们什么都没做 要我把你的手链还给你吗? |
[20:38] | [sighs] Oh, should I give you your bracelet back? | |
[20:41] | No way. I mean, unless you want to give it back, because… | 不行 我是说除非你想还给我 因为… |
[20:45] | Logan, don’t make it weird. | 罗根 别让气氛奇怪 抱歉 |
[20:47] | [chuckles] Sorry. | |
[20:49] | [Mary Anne] So, there you have it. | 所以 就是这样 |
[20:50] | The difference between being a hopeless romantic and a hopeful romantic. | 无可救药的浪漫主义者和 有希望的浪漫主义者的区别就是 |
[20:54] | Saying how you really feel to the people you love, or… | 向你所爱的人表达你的真实感受 或者… |
[20:56] | Whoa, the people you like. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. | 哇 你所喜欢的人 咱们还是不要太过分了 |
[21:02] | So you broke up? | 所以你们分手了? |
[21:03] | We decided to go with no labels. | 我们决定不带标签 |
[21:05] | I love that. | 我喜欢这样 |
[21:07] | Live in the in-between. I guess I’m like that. | 活在中间 我觉得我喜欢这样 |
[21:11] | I hate labels. | 我讨厌标签 |
[21:12] | For all I know, the person I end up with could be anywhere on the gender spectrum. | 据我所知 我最终遇到的人 可能在性别范围内的任何地方 |
[21:16] | As long as they care about the environment and have good oral hygiene, | 只要他们关心环境 有良好的口腔卫生 |
[21:20] | pretty much wide open. | 非常开放 |
[21:21] | – That’s really cool, Dawn. – Oh, I know. I’m very cool. | -太酷了 道恩 -我知道 我很酷 |
[21:24] | – [laughing] – [Sharon] Hope you’re hungry! | 希望你们饿了! |
[21:26] | – Special delivery. – [Sharon giggles] | 特别快递 |
[21:29] | All right, all right. | 好吧 |
[21:30] | Dinner is served. | 晚餐来了 |
[21:32] | – Bon appétit. – [Sharon] Oh, sweetie. | 尽情享用吧 亲爱的 |
[21:34] | Let’s tell them before we eat. | 我们吃饭前告诉她们吧 |
[21:35] | Tell us what? | 告诉我们什么? |
[21:37] | Well, um… [clears throat] I have an announcement to make. | 我们要宣布一件事 |
[21:40] | – [Sharon] We. – Sorry, we have an announcement to make. | -我们 -抱歉 是的 我们要宣布一件事 |
[21:43] | [Mary Anne] Oh my God. Was this happening? | 我的天啊 这是要来了吗? |
[21:46] | Were Dawn and I about to become stepsisters after all? | 道恩和我最终还是要成为姐妹了吗? |
[21:48] | [cutlery clinking on glasses] | |
[21:50] | – That’s meant to gather your attention. – [clinking] | 这是为了引起你们的注意 |
[21:53] | [Richard] Now, we know this is a big step, | 那么 我们知道这是很重要的一步 |
[21:55] | and something that you two have wanted to make happen for a while, | 而且也是你们俩一直以来希望发生的 |
[21:58] | and we weren’t sure that we were ready. | 我们不确定我们是否准备好了 |
[22:00] | But after talking it over, it just makes sense now. | 但经过讨论后 现在一切变得有意义了 |
[22:05] | [fanfare playing] | |
[22:06] | [Mary Anne] It was happening! An autumn wedding. | 要来了!秋季婚礼 |
[22:09] | Burgundy tablecloths, | 勃艮第桌布 |
[22:10] | a surprise rom-com ending, like a Drew Barrymore movie. | 就像德鲁·巴里摩尔电影里 惊喜的爱情喜剧式的结尾 |
[22:13] | – This house is crawling with termites. – Wait, what? | 房子里爬满了白蚁 等等 什么? |
[22:17] | We have to fumigate. | 我们必须熏蒸一下 |
[22:18] | And? | 然后呢? |
[22:20] | And Mary Anne and Richard | 然后玛丽·安和理查德 |
[22:21] | are gonna stay with us for a week instead of renting an Airbnb. | 要和我们住在一起一个星期 而不用去租爱彼迎的房子住 |
[22:25] | A… a week? You thought a week warranted the clinking of a glass? | 一个星期?你们觉得 一个星期的租住就值得敲杯子? -我是说… -我爱你们两个 |
[22:28] | – Well, I mean… – [Dawn] I love you two. | |
[22:31] | But we have all got to get on the same page | 但我们都必须站在同一个角度来看待 |
[22:33] | about what constitutes a big announcement around here. | 什么叫有重大公告要宣布 |
[22:36] | I second that. | 我同意 |
[22:37] | Is it that I clanked too many times? | 是不是我敲了太多次杯子了? |
[22:40] | – I may have made too big a deal… – [Sharon] We. | -我可能做得太过了 -我们 |
[22:42] | We may have. Consider this bell un-rung. | 我们可能 想一下敲不敲这个铃 |
[22:44] | [Mary Anne] Valentine’s Day, like labels, isn’t for everyone, | 情人节 就像是标签 不是适合每一个人的 |
[22:47] | and not just because it’s corporate or because it’s celebrating the day | 不仅仅是因为这是法定的 或者是因为他们庆祝这一天 |
[22:50] | a saint died with chocolates or whatever, but because really it’s just another day. | 是用巧克力来纪念一位圣人 因为这只是普通的另一天罢了 而且我不需要三美元的康乃馨 |
[22:55] | And I don’t need $3.00 carnations | |
[22:57] | or prix fixe meals to be reminded of who I love or who loves me. | 或是奢华的套餐来提醒 我爱着谁 谁爱着我 |
[23:00] | I love this family. | 我爱这个家 |
[23:02] | How it is, as it is, call it whatever you want. | 不论是什么样子的 随便你怎么称呼 (根据安·马丁的系列小说改编) |
[23:05] | ♪ But if you give a little, get a little ♪ | |
[23:08] | ♪ Maybe we could get to know each other ♪ | |
[23:10] | ♪ Give a little Get a little, give a little ♪ | |
[23:14] | ♪ And if you give a little Get a little, give a little ♪ | |
[23:25] | ♪ Give a little Get a little, give a little ♪ | |
[23:29] | ♪ If only we could find a way To leave all of our darker days ♪ | |
[23:34] | ♪ Soak in all the sweetness on our skin ♪ | |
[23:38] | ♪ Oh, and if you’re waiting in the sun ♪ | |
[23:41] | ♪ Then carry me on wings of love To that brighter day where all begins ♪ | |
[23:48] | ♪ And if you give a little, get a little ♪ | |
[23:51] | ♪ Maybe we could get to know each other ♪ | |
[23:54] | ♪ Give a little Get a little, give a little ♪ | |
[23:57] | ♪ It’s coming through ♪ | |
[24:00] | ♪ There’s a whole new world Just waiting, baby ♪ | |
[24:05] | ♪ So much waiting just for me and you ♪ |