时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I’ve rushed into doing it. It’s kind of ruined stuff. | 我曾操之过急 反而适得其反 |
[00:05] | – Is that cool? – Yeah, totally. | -没关系吧 -当然没关系 |
[00:07] | We did it once. | 我们做过一次 |
[00:08] | I have a girlfriend. | 我有女朋友 |
[00:10] | So stop leaving notes on my locker. | 不要在我柜子上留言 |
[00:11] | You’re an asshole. | 你个混球 |
[00:13] | Your position is no longer required. | 我们已经不需要你 |
[00:14] | Am I being fired? | 我这是被炒了吗 |
[00:15] | Now I got to worry about– | 现在我还得费神 |
[00:16] | about finding a job and getting insurance again. | 找工作 重新申请保险 |
[00:19] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[00:20] | Why is he laughing? | 你笑什么呢 |
[00:21] | Oh, look who it is, | 看看这是谁 |
[00:23] | my would-be assassin. | 我差点成了你的车下鬼 |
[00:25] | Shut up and let me fill out my goddamn paperwork. | 闭上嘴 让我填完这杀千刀的表格 |
[00:27] | I’m guessing this is your first clinical trial. | 我猜你是第一次参加临床试验 |
[00:29] | Right now cliques are forming. | 小团体慢慢形成 |
[00:32] | And nobody wants to be friends with the mean blonde girl. | 没人乐意搭理金发贱人 |
[01:24] | Imagine you are healthy and strong, | 想象自己身强体健 |
[01:27] | and you are ready to fight your enemy– | 并且严阵以待 恭候你的敌人 |
[01:30] | cancer. | 癌症 |
[01:35] | Visualize your cancer in front of you | 想象癌症就站在你面前 |
[01:38] | and prepare for battle. | 蓄势待发 |
[01:41] | You have great reserves of inner strength. | 你内心的力量积蓄已久 |
[01:44] | Reach inside yourself and harness this power. | 触及心灵深处 唤起这能量 |
[01:48] | Your courage empowers you. | 以勇气武装你 |
[01:51] | Your endurance sustains you. | 以耐力支撑你 |
[01:56] | You are filled with confidence and light. | 你胸有成竹 容光焕发 |
[02:00] | You are not sick. | 你不是病人 |
[02:02] | You will be triumphant… | 你将是胜者 |
[02:06] | because you are stronger than your canc– | 因为人定胜癌 |
[02:08] | Canc–canc–canc– canc–canc– | 癌 癌 癌 癌 癌 |
[02:20] | “A”, good morning. | 首先跟你问个早 |
[02:22] | “B”, help yourself to anything but the lasagna. | 然后告诉你 除了千层面随便吃 |
[02:25] | That’s for dinner. | 那是留着当晚餐的 |
[02:25] | I’m looking for a– like, a baby-sized pot roast | 我想找一块婴儿大小的炖肉 |
[02:29] | or something of equal heft to test my creation. | 或差不多重的东西 来测试我的发明 |
[02:32] | Okay, I’ll bite. | 好吧 随你便吧 |
[02:34] | What creation? | 什么发明 |
[02:35] | Ah. Introducing… | 隆重介绍 |
[02:38] | The Tolkey Tot Tote. | 特氏宝贝背带 |
[02:40] | It’s a sling for baby Cathy. | 是给小凯西做的小背带 |
[02:42] | She is gonna rock it. | 她会爱死这东西的 |
[02:43] | Well, it is… | 你这自家手工 |
[02:44] | admirably homemade. | 还真挺赞 |
[02:47] | Ah, it’s cobbled together from dish towels, | 这是用洗碗布和几个旧锅垫 |
[02:49] | couple of old pot holders. | 拼拼补补而成的 |
[02:52] | Hey, check it out. | 瞧好吧 |
[02:58] | It works. Ha ha. I’m brilliant. | 多好用 我太天才了 |
[03:00] | Has Rebecca seen this? | 丽贝卡看过了吗 |
[03:01] | No, she’s on a pharmaceutical boondoggle, | 没有 她在制药学上做无用功 |
[03:04] | which is why I’ve had time to nurture my creative side. | 因此我才有时间培养我独具创造性的一面 |
[03:08] | Granted, further testing is in order. | 看来我需要进一步的测试 |
[03:11] | Um, I’ll get right on it. | 我会收拾干净的 |
[03:12] | Remember, babies are fragile. | 记住 婴儿是很娇贵的 |
[03:16] | Every time Adam does something stupid, | 每当亚当做了蠢事 |
[03:17] | I wonder if it’s because I dropped him | 我就怀疑他是不是当初在滑冰场 |
[03:19] | on that skating rink. | 被我摔傻了 |
[03:20] | Oh, no. He does stupid shit | 才不是呢 他会做蠢事 |
[03:21] | ’cause I dropped him on the driveway. | 是因为我曾把他丢到车道上 |
[03:25] | Thanks for the balanced breakfast, sis. | 老姐 多谢你这营养均衡的早餐 |
[03:28] | Really, Daisy? | 真的吗 黛西 |
[03:30] | Our insurance is covering the appointment | 我们的保险可以报销门诊费用 |
[03:32] | where the doctor ordered the MRI for my wife, | 但在那次门诊中指定要做的核磁共振 |
[03:34] | but not the MRI itself? | 本身却不能报吗 |
[03:37] | How convenient… | 多省事啊 |
[03:38] | for you. | 对你而言 |
[03:39] | Oh, don’t you worry, Daisy. | 别担心 黛西 |
[03:41] | I will resubmit the claim. | 我会重新提交索赔申请 |
[03:43] | You have a lovely, well-insured day yourself. | 你自己享受有全保的美好时光吧 |
[03:45] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[03:47] | What’s the damage this time? | 这次损失了多少 |
[03:48] | 1,800 bucks. | 一千八百美元 |
[03:50] | Now I-I really want to fuck her up. | 现在我真想把她灭了 |
[03:53] | No fucking-upping. You let me handle it, okay? | 别上火 让我来处理 好吗 |
[03:55] | You just chillax. | 你冷静冷静 |
[03:57] | Whoa. Is that a new Ipod? | 那是新的Ipod吗 |
[03:59] | Damn, I want one. | 该死 我也想要 |
[04:00] | No, it’s my old Ipod. It’s broken. | 不 这是我的旧Ipod 它坏了 |
[04:02] | I’m gonna take it in. | 我要返厂 |
[04:03] | They’re either gonna fix it, | 他们要么给我修好 |
[04:04] | or they’re gonna give me a new one. | 要么给我换个新的 |
[04:07] | Am I sensing some tension here? | 我怎么感觉气氛有些紧张呢 |
[04:08] | No, you’re sensing $1,800 is a lot of money, | 不 你该感到一千八百美元是笔巨款 |
[04:11] | even when we had two incomes. | 就算我俩都有工作也承受不起 |
[04:13] | This is just a blip on the economic picture, I promise. | 我保证 这就是经济宏图上的一个小污点 |
[04:17] | Did you follow up on those job interviews from last week? | 你继续跟进上周的工作面试了吗 |
[04:20] | They were both steps down– | 去哪家都是走下坡路 |
[04:22] | bad moves, big picture-wise. | 不是长远之计 |
[04:24] | We need a better picture, Paul. | 保罗 我们必须改善经济状况 |
[04:26] | Remember my old friend Jimmy Lund? | 还记得我的老朋友吉米·伦德吗 |
[04:28] | – Plaid shirts? – Striped. | -穿格纹衬衫的那个 -是条纹 |
[04:30] | He called. | 他给我打电话了 |
[04:31] | The company he works for is hiring. | 他工作的公司在招人 |
[04:33] | We’re gonna have lunch to talk about the details. | 我们要共进午餐来个详谈 |
[04:36] | I feel really, really good about this one, Cath, | 我真的真的感觉这次有戏 凯西 |
[04:39] | really good. | 真的有戏 |
[04:40] | So the unemployment tide is turning. | 失业大潮已然退去 |
[04:43] | Up high. | 击个掌 |
[04:45] | Oh, yeah. | 太棒了 |
[04:51] | You really have to leave, | 你真该走了 |
[04:52] | because I have to leave. | 因为我得走了 |
[04:54] | Come on. | 别这样嘛 |
[05:05] | I still think it’s better if we go slow, | 我还是认为应该慢慢来 |
[05:08] | like we decided, | 就像我们说好那样 |
[05:10] | and not do stuff. | 不动真格的 |
[05:13] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[05:14] | Mm-hmm. | 好吧 |
[05:17] | Call me tonight? | 今晚给我打电话哦 |
[05:19] | – Yeah. – You promise? | -好的 -你保证吗 |
[05:20] | – Yeah, totally. – Okay, cool. | -当然了 -太好了 |
[05:22] | – See ya. – Later. | -再见 -再见 |
[06:00] | If I catch you without your helmet one more time, | 要是再让我逮到你没戴头盔 |
[06:02] | no more bike. | 就跟自行车说再见吧 |
[06:03] | I was just with Mia. | 我就是去见见米雅 |
[06:05] | Most accidents happen close to home. | 大多数事故的发生 都在离家不远处 |
[06:07] | Read the statistics. They’re horrifying. | 看看统计量 能吓死你 |
[06:10] | How is Mia? | 米雅还好吗 |
[06:11] | Fine. She had to go visit her 1,000-year-old grandma. | 还好 她得去看她那长命”千”岁的老奶奶 |
[06:14] | So I have to go to the clinic and then run a few errands. | 我得去诊所了 然后再办点事 |
[06:16] | Dad’s gone, too, | 你老爸也出门了 |
[06:17] | so you are on your own until 5:00 or 6:00. | 你得自己在家呆到五六点 |
[06:19] | If you get hungry before then, feed yourself. | 要是你饿了我们还没回来 自己找食 |
[06:22] | How? | 怎么找啊 |
[06:25] | There is money in the cash drawer. | 钱柜里有钱 |
[06:27] | Order a pizza. | 叫份披萨 |
[06:30] | Make sure you finish your English paper | 我回家前 必须写完 |
[06:31] | before I get home. | 你的英语作文 |
[06:33] | You even know where your helmet is? | 你是不是都不知道自己头盔在哪 |
[06:35] | Yeah. It’s–it’s in the garage, where I left it. | 知道 就在车库里 我扔那的 |
[06:38] | Next time, put it on… | 下次 给我戴上 |
[06:40] | and keep it on… | 不许摘 |
[06:42] | until you’re around 25. | 直到你二十五岁 |
[07:21] | Hey, wait up. | 等我一下 |
[07:23] | Do I have to walk in front of your car again | 我是不是还得跑到你车前 |
[07:25] | to get your attention? | 你才能看到我啊 |
[07:26] | Want to find out? I’m going to my car now. | 想知道答案吗 我正要去开车呢 |
[07:29] | You know what’s great about you? | 你知道你哪点最吸引人吗 |
[07:30] | You have the face of a cheerleader | 长着一张啦啦队长的脸 |
[07:31] | and the attitude of a bouncer. | 态度彪悍得像个大老爷们 |
[07:32] | I like it. | 我很喜欢 |
[07:34] | Oh, Saturday drug run? | 刚做完周六的疗程 |
[07:35] | Is there anything in there to make you nicer to me? | 有什么办法能让你对我友善一点 |
[07:37] | Nothing that potent. | 这我可没辙 |
[07:38] | I’m just picking up refills | 我刚去取重配的药 |
[07:40] | from that pharmacist with the dubious hair plugs. | 给我配药的药剂师还戴着诡异假发 |
[07:43] | Didn’t think I’d see you today. | 没想到今天能见到你 |
[07:44] | I was just teaching a meditation class | 我刚刚给肿瘤科的护士 |
[07:46] | to the oncology nurses. | 上了一节冥想课 |
[07:48] | They are a tense bunch. | 她们都紧张兮兮的 |
[07:49] | It wore me out. | 累死我了 |
[07:51] | You want to get lunch? I’m starving. | 一起吃午饭吧 我饿得要命 |
[07:53] | – You’re buying. – How very generous of me. | -你买单 -我啥时候这么大方了 |
[07:56] | Hmm. No, I think I’ll pass. | 不 我看算了 |
[07:58] | I have errands to run. | 我还有事 |
[08:00] | Wow. What’s with the jewelry? | 带这么多珠宝干什么 |
[08:02] | Did you rob an old lady with questionable taste? | 你刚抢了一个没品的老太太吗 |
[08:07] | No, I’m just getting rid of a few things. | 不 只是想处理一点东西 |
[08:11] | Well, hey, you can’t take it with you. | 你可不能带着它们乱跑 |
[08:13] | No, but I can take it to the pawn shop on Washington. | 是不能 但我能去华盛顿区把它当掉 |
[08:17] | Wait. This Washington? | 等一下 这儿华盛顿区 |
[08:18] | No, no, no. I should come with you. | 不 不 我该陪你去 |
[08:19] | No, it’ll be boring. | 免了 多无聊啊 |
[08:20] | I’m bored, and it’s my jewelry. | 我很无聊 我的珠宝随我 |
[08:22] | Seriously, I ran past that place | 说正经的 我前几天 |
[08:24] | the other day, and trust me. | 刚跑过那个地方 相信我 |
[08:25] | Running is the way you should pass it. | 你经过那的时候不跑不行 |
[08:28] | Let me, um, check that I have my rape whistle. | 让我 我看看带没带防身哨 |
[08:39] | Hello, fellow parents. | 你们好啊 家长朋友们 |
[08:41] | Um, I’m wondering if you could help me | 你们能不能帮我这个准爸爸 |
[08:42] | with a little paternal predicament I’m having. | 解决一个照顾孩子方面的问题 |
[08:44] | I need to do a real-world test-drive | 我得用真人测试一下我发明的 |
[08:46] | of my Tolkey Tot Tote. | 特氏宝贝背带 |
[08:48] | That’s right– total baby comfort, | 没错 全方位婴儿保护 |
[08:50] | zero environmental impact. | 绝对零污染 |
[08:53] | Pretty sharp, huh? | 多带派啊 对吧 |
[08:54] | Looks like a bunch of rags. | 看起来就是一团破布 |
[08:56] | Well, you say potato, | 你说这是破布 |
[08:58] | I say repurposed items from my home. | 我说这是家庭旧物改造 |
[09:01] | I just need to try it out on a real baby | 我想在孩子出生 手忙脚乱之前 |
[09:03] | before my baby’s born and things get crazy. | 先找个别的孩子试试 |
[09:06] | So can one of you just slip this on | 那么 你们有没有人能戴上它 |
[09:09] | and put your little one in it– | 把你的小宝贝放里面 |
[09:10] | That thing is filthy. I can actually see the dirt. | 这东西脏死了 我都能看见污渍 |
[09:13] | Oh, no. No. | 不 哪里脏 |
[09:13] | It’s perfectly clean. | 明明干净的不得了 |
[09:15] | It just hasn’t been pummeled by harsh detergents. | 只是还没用强力洗涤液洗过 |
[09:18] | So just… | 所以 |
[09:19] | tuck your little fella in there | 把你的小家伙塞进去 |
[09:20] | – and give him a bounce. – Are you nuts? | -摇一摇他 -你没病吧 |
[09:24] | No, not anymore. | 不 现在不是了 |
[09:28] | And I suppose you think spending hundreds of dollars | 我猜你们觉得花那么多钱 |
[09:31] | on pimped-out strollers and witless toys is sane. | 买豪华手推车和脑残玩具很正常 |
[09:34] | Let me let you in on a little secret. | 让我告诉你个小秘密 |
[09:37] | Babies don’t give a rat’s ass about accessories. | 孩子们一点也不鸟那些玩意 |
[09:40] | You’re just being manipulated by corporations | 你们只不过是被生产商洗脑 |
[09:43] | into buying mountains of shit | 才会买这么一堆破烂 |
[09:45] | that makes you feel good. | 以求得心理安慰 |
[09:47] | And the fact is, you’re just materialistic gluttons | 事实上 你们只是一味追逐物质享受 |
[09:49] | who don’t know the difference | 根本分不清 |
[09:51] | between shopping and parenting. | 疯狂购物和养儿育女的区别 |
[09:55] | And you should all be grounded. | 你们都该被关禁闭 |
[10:04] | 500 bucks– that is not chump change. | 五百大洋 这可不是小数目 |
[10:07] | I’ve never seen anyone negotiate like that. | 没见过你这么会讲价的人 |
[10:09] | You–you’re an animal. | 一见钱就不要命了 |
[10:10] | Why did I wait so long to discover | 为什么我现在才发现 |
[10:11] | the thrill of pawning? | 当东西这么有趣 |
[10:13] | I mean, instant cash. | 钞票立马到手 |
[10:14] | Now my guys won’t have to worry | 我家里人这下不用担心 |
[10:15] | about what to do with a bunch of necklaces when I die. | 我死后怎么处理这堆项链了 |
[10:17] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[10:18] | Got anything you want me to pawn? | 用不用我给你当点东西 |
[10:19] | I’ll pawn it for you. I’m good at it. | 我给你当 我特在行 |
[10:21] | I have already got rid of most of my stuff. | 我已经把大部分财产处理掉了 |
[10:23] | You know, I’ve learned how to… | 我早就学会了如何 |
[10:26] | detach from people | 与人保持疏离 |
[10:28] | and–and things and expectations, | 对事物和预期也无执念 |
[10:31] | and letting all of that go just makes me feel… | 对一切放手 让我感觉… |
[10:33] | Full of shit? | 糟透了 |
[10:35] | Unburdened. | 如释重负 |
[10:36] | Ah. Why am I not convinced? | 我怎么一点都不信呢 |
[10:38] | You don’t have to be. | 爱信不信 |
[10:39] | It’s just how I like to live. | 我就愿意这么活着 |
[10:41] | And it’s how I want to die– | 也想就这么死掉 |
[10:44] | Traveling light, no ties, | 轻装前行 无所顾忌 |
[10:46] | nothing holding me back. | 勇往直前 |
[10:47] | I could go right now. | 现在让我死去都可以 |
[10:50] | You’re already stage IV. | 你已经是癌症第四期了 |
[10:51] | I mean, I wouldn’t rush it any more– | 要我说 急什么呢 |
[10:53] | Just my opinion. | 个人观点 |
[10:55] | Hey, hey. Can you help me out? | 你们好 能帮个忙吗 |
[10:57] | My car’s out of gas. Can you spare a few bucks? | 车没油了 能借我几块钱吗 |
[10:59] | I’m sorry. | 无能为力 |
[11:00] | Give me your money. | 交出钱来 |
[11:02] | Come on! | 快点 |
[11:04] | Now! Or you want to fuckin’ die? | 赶紧的 你活的不耐烦了吗 |
[11:07] | Huh? You want to die? | 怎么 想死吗 |
[11:13] | I’m fuckin’ serious. | 我他妈没开玩笑 |
[11:15] | No, I-I know. I know. | 当然 我知道 我知道 |
[11:16] | It’s just that if you– | 只是如果你 |
[11:17] | had any sense of the irony. | 能感觉到这有多可笑 |
[11:19] | I’m dying. He’s dying. | 我半截身子都入土了 他也是 |
[11:21] | Seriously, she’s not kidding. | 真的 她可不是说的玩的 |
[11:22] | No, he’s all detached. He’s ready to go. | 他已经了无牵挂 准备上路了 |
[11:26] | You hit the jackpot with–with the two of us. | 你撞上我们俩可真是中彩了 |
[11:29] | You guys are nuts. | 两个神经病 |
[11:34] | Well, I guess you told him. | 你跟他说得很清楚了 |
[11:36] | Oh, my God. Did he have a gun? | 天啊 他身上有枪吗 |
[11:38] | He had a gun. | 他带了枪 |
[11:39] | No, no, it’s okay. | 没事了 |
[11:40] | Jesus. Did we almost get shot? | 天啊 我们差点挨枪子了吗 |
[11:42] | He’s gone. He’s gone. You all right? | 他已经走了 你还好吧 |
[11:45] | Yeah, I just– | 还好 我只是… |
[11:45] | I think I need– I need to sit down… | 我得 我得坐下来缓缓 |
[11:48] | where there’s some Valium. | 再吃点安定 |
[11:51] | We can do better than that. | 我有个更好的点子 |
[11:58] | I typically don’t go into strange guys’ apartments. | 我一般不会跟着陌生人到他家里去 |
[12:01] | Just ignore the dead bodies. | 无视那些尸体就行了 |
[12:06] | No kidding you travel light. | 你还真是轻装上路 |
[12:08] | Wow, Lee. You live like a monk… | 李 你活得像个和尚 |
[12:12] | a drunk monk. | 还是个酒鬼和尚 |
[12:14] | Love my wine– | 我爱喝酒 |
[12:15] | not in a wino way. | 但不是酒鬼 |
[12:17] | You drink it for the antioxidants. | 你喝酒来抗氧化是吧 |
[12:18] | I own a wine bar back home in New Orleans, | 我在新奥尔良老家那开了个酒吧 |
[12:20] | – have for ten years. – That’s an attachment. | -有十年了 -这可是个牵挂 |
[12:23] | No, not at all. | 才不是 |
[12:26] | Look, the second I die, | 只要我一翘辫子 |
[12:28] | the manager takes over. | 那儿的经理就会接管酒吧 |
[12:29] | I did the paperwork for that years ago. | 我几年前就签好文件了 |
[12:32] | And in the meantime, | 并且与此同时 |
[12:34] | the owner’s glass is always full. | 吧主家里可不缺酒 |
[12:36] | Well, I’m confused. | 我搞不懂 |
[12:37] | Where do you live, up here or down there? | 你的家在哪 这里还是那里 |
[12:40] | There. | 那儿 |
[12:40] | This is just a sublet for while I’m here | 这里只是我在接受谢尔曼医生治疗期间 |
[12:42] | for Dr. Sherman’s trial. | 租入的临时住所 |
[12:44] | Hey, no TV, no radio. | 没有电视 也没有收音机 |
[12:49] | What the hell do you do in here all day? | 你天天呆这干什么啊 |
[12:51] | I meditate. | 冥想 |
[12:52] | One hour in the a.m., | 每天清晨冥想一小时 |
[12:53] | One hour in the p.m., and, uh… | 下午一小时 然后… |
[12:56] | Drink–p.m. | 喝酒时间到 |
[12:58] | There’s got to be some incriminating mess | 这房子里某个地方一定掩藏着 |
[13:01] | around here somewhere. | 不可告人的秘密 |
[13:09] | Okay, where does a buddhist keep all of his clothes? | 好吧 佛教徒一般都把衣服藏哪 |
[13:13] | Those are all my clothes. | 那就是我全部的行头 |
[13:18] | – Then I sold my boat. – Boats suck. | -于是我把船卖掉了 -见鬼的船 |
[13:21] | – Bought a cabin, though. – Cabin’s better than a boat. | -买了个小木屋 -小木屋比船可好多了 |
[13:23] | Your boss blows for firing you. | 你的老板炒了你是他的损失 |
[13:25] | Well, I’m laid off, actually, but– | 我的确下岗了 但是… |
[13:27] | So, here’s the 411 on the agency I’m at. | 听哥一一道来 我在的那个代理处 |
[13:31] | We’re on a streak. | 势头正猛 |
[13:32] | Landed pieces at 3a.m, Pillsbury. | 凌晨三点在皮尔斯伯里卸货 |
[13:34] | – Do that stuff in my sleep. – Got something better for you. | -那时我还在梦中 -有更好的活给你 |
[13:37] | Wait for it. | 听仔细了 |
[13:39] | Waiting. | 等着呢 |
[13:40] | Ski-doo snowmobiles. | 庞巴迪雪地摩托 |
[13:43] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[13:44] | I love snowmobiles. | 我喜欢雪地摩托 |
[13:53] | You Adam? | 你就是亚当 |
[13:56] | Yeah. | 对 |
[13:56] | Uh, how old did you say you were again? | 再说一遍 你几岁来着 |
[13:59] | 18… | 十八岁… |
[14:00] | and a half. | 半 |
[14:03] | Got a place I can change? | 我到哪换装 |
[14:05] | Just, uh, go upstairs. | 楼上就行 |
[14:28] | Mommy, mommy. That man took Patty. | 妈妈 那个人把帕蒂抓走了 |
[14:31] | What kind of sick– | 哪来的大变态 |
[14:33] | Here, give me that. | 你 把它还给我 |
[14:34] | – I-I-I was just testing– | 我只是做个试验… |
[14:35] | – He took her doll! | 他抢她的娃娃 |
[14:36] | – You need to leave, sir. – This is a public park. | -先生 请您离开 -这里是公园 |
[14:38] | Only parents with children are allowed within the perimeter. | 只有带小孩的家长才能进来 |
[14:40] | I-I have a child, in utero. | 我有孩子 还在娘胎里 |
[14:42] | Oh, really? Well, good luck to that kid. | 真的吗 那祝那男孩好运 |
[14:44] | He’s gonna need it. | 摊上这么个爹 |
[14:45] | – It’s a she. – Hey, Sean. | -是个女孩 -嘿 肖恩 |
[14:47] | Buddy, looking good. Can you lend me five bucks? | 你看起来还不错啊老兄 能借我五块钱吗 |
[14:49] | You’re not helping me out here, Joe. | 你这是雪上加霜 乔 |
[15:07] | What are you, an alien? | 你是外星人吗 |
[15:09] | I told you what I was on the phone. | 我在电话里给你讲过我的服务内容 |
[15:11] | What did you think “Dom” meant? | 你以为”女王”是什么意思 |
[15:12] | I don’t know– Dominican? | 不知道… 异域风情吗 |
[15:19] | So you didn’t understand? | 看来你是真不懂 |
[15:22] | Then you’ve been a very bad boy. | 那你可真不听话 |
[15:40] | Really? Really? You sure? | 真的吗 你确定 |
[15:42] | You sure it’s breathed enough? | 你确定醒酒时间够了吗 |
[15:44] | I mean, I don’t want to rush it, | 我是说 我可不急着喝 |
[15:45] | but when I said I wanted a drink, I did mean today. | 但我的确是想今天就喝一杯 |
[15:48] | The perfect red. | 最好的红酒 |
[15:50] | For a foiled armed robbery. | 敬持枪抢劫未遂 |
[15:52] | And you are gonna drink it the right way. | 你得按正确的方式来喝 |
[15:58] | First, smell. | 先轻嗅香气 |
[16:02] | Then just a small sip. | 然后小抿一口 |
[16:04] | But don’t swallow. Hold it in your mouth. | 别咽下去 在口中慢慢回味 |
[16:08] | Move it over your tongue. | 让它流连在你的舌尖 |
[16:09] | Really… really bathe every taste bud. | 滋润每一个味蕾 |
[16:17] | Good? | 感觉好吗 |
[16:21] | Swallow. | 咽下去 |
[16:27] | Notice anything? | 有什么感觉 |
[16:28] | Yes. Stunning. | 头晕目眩 |
[16:30] | And now it’s gone, and I want more. | 劲过了 我还要喝 |
[16:33] | Clean finish, and then a craving– | 清冽爽口 意犹未尽 |
[16:34] | The mark of a great Shiraz. | 这就是上等设拉子葡萄酒的特点 |
[16:36] | You have more sneakers than shirts. | 你的运动鞋比衬衫多得多 |
[16:39] | I run marathons. | 我跑马拉松 |
[16:41] | I started, uh, 12 years ago when I was first diagnosed… | 从十二年前被首次确诊为癌症后就开始了 |
[16:45] | back at stage I. | 那时还是癌症第一期 |
[16:47] | I’ve run them in every city I was in for treatment. | 每到一个城市治疗 我就在那里参赛 |
[16:50] | Knocking yourself out to cross a finish line– | 拼尽全力冲向终点线 |
[16:53] | seems like the opposite of buddhism to me. | 在我看来似乎有悖佛教宗旨 |
[16:56] | Well, it’s not about getting somewhere. | 结果并不重要 |
[16:57] | It’s about, um… | 重要的是 |
[17:00] | being somewhere. | 过程 |
[17:01] | It’s like… | 就像是 |
[17:03] | you get to the point in a marathon | 你在长跑中达到了临界点 |
[17:05] | where it seems like everything stops… | 周遭的万物仿佛都静止了 |
[17:09] | like you’re not moving at all. | 有一种原地止步的错觉 |
[17:16] | You’re like a cat, aren’t you? | 你活像只猫 我说的对吧 |
[17:19] | Rubbing up against things, but never needing anybody. | 貌似与人亲昵 却并不真的需要任何人 |
[17:22] | I wouldn’t mind being reincarnated | 我不介意来生做 |
[17:24] | as one of those hairless cats, you know, | 一只无毛猫 你知道吗 |
[17:25] | where you can almost see their hearts beat beneath the skin? | 你几乎能看到它的心脏在皮毛下跳动 |
[17:27] | Ugh. I’m much more of a dog person. | 我喜欢狗更多一些 |
[17:31] | I have attachments… | 我有很多牵挂 |
[17:33] | Lots of attachments… | 很多很多 |
[17:35] | Attachments on attachments. | 无尽的牵挂 |
[17:40] | Can I tell you something? I’m stressed out. | 你知道吗 我快受不了了 |
[17:42] | Can I tell you something? | 那你知道吗 |
[17:44] | That is obvious. | 我早看出来了 |
[17:49] | My husband just lost his job. | 我丈夫刚丢了工作 |
[17:52] | I’m afraid he’s not going to get another one. | 我担心他找不到新工作 |
[17:54] | And medical bills do not pay themselves. | 医药费可不会自己付清 |
[17:58] | Does he have prospects, your husband? | 你丈夫的工作前景还好吗 |
[17:59] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我不知道 也许吧 |
[18:02] | I mean, he’s–he’s holding out for the right job. | 他坚持要找个合适的工作 |
[18:05] | He’s looking at the bigger picture. | 他总是说目光要放长远 |
[18:07] | He doesn’t want to take a step down. | 不肯有半点屈就 |
[18:09] | But, you know, times are tough, and our times are really tough. | 但是 时局艰难 我们的境况尤为窘迫 |
[18:12] | And I just– I just want him to get a job. | 我只要他有个稳定的工作 |
[18:17] | I mean, he acts like we have all the time in the world, but… | 他搞得好像全世界的时间任他支配 但是 |
[18:19] | Nobody gets that much time. | 没人能有那么多时间 |
[18:23] | I’ll drink to that. | 我敬你这句 |
[18:27] | So what would I be– senior art director, | 我的职位是什么 高级艺术总监 |
[18:29] | supervising art director? | 艺术总监制 |
[18:31] | There’s no title. It’s freelance. | 你没有头衔 是个兼职 |
[18:34] | What the fuck, Jimmy? | 搞什么鬼 杰米 |
[18:35] | Talk about burying the lead, man. | 别卖关子了 伙计 |
[18:37] | I mean, I–I thought we were talking about a job job here. | 我是说 我以为这是份正式的工作 |
[18:40] | I can get freelance on my own. | 兼职我自己也能找到 |
[18:42] | I mean, everything I’ve been interviewing for is freelance. | 我这些天面试的都是兼职 |
[18:45] | That’s ’cause that’s all that’s out there. | 那是因为现在只有这样的工作 |
[18:47] | Well, can you guarantee me | 那你能保证 |
[18:49] | maybe 30 billable hours a week? | 每周大概三十个记薪工作小时吗 |
[18:51] | 15 to 20, tops. | 最多十五到二十个小时 |
[18:52] | Health insurance through the agency maybe? | 那公司会付医疗保险吗 |
[18:55] | Sorry. Not an option. | 抱歉 不予考虑 |
[18:56] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
[18:59] | I’m– I was a vice president | 我三个星期前还是副总裁 |
[19:00] | three weeks ago, you know, with insurance. | 你知道吗 还有保险呢 |
[19:03] | Now you want insurance, you got to– | 现在你想要保险 你得 |
[19:04] | you got to, you know, froth cappuccinos | 你得去调制卡布奇诺 |
[19:06] | or flip burgers or something. | 当廉价劳动力 |
[19:08] | I can’t support a family on that. | 我可不能靠这个养家呀 |
[19:09] | Well, then be ready to be out of work for a long time. | 那你只能做好长期失业的准备了 |
[19:13] | I can’t afford “Long time,” Jimmy. | 我可不能”长期失业” 吉米 |
[19:15] | I need a real job now, | 我现在就需要一个正式工作 |
[19:17] | ’cause I got real responsibilities now. | 因为我现在肩上就挑着重担 |
[19:21] | Take your snowmobiles and stick ’em up your ass. | 让你的摩托雪橇见鬼去吧 |
[19:29] | Why do I always get the idiots? | 为什么我总是碰到些傻瓜 |
[19:31] | I swear, I didn’t know those things cost extra. | 我发誓 我不知道那些服务要额外收费 |
[19:34] | Just please untie me. | 求求你把我放开 |
[19:35] | Sure, when you cough up the whole $250. | 没问题 只要你把二百五十美元付清 |
[19:37] | That’s how it works. | 老娘就这规矩 |
[19:38] | I only have the $100, okay? | 我只有那一百块 |
[19:39] | $120, maybe. That’s all. | 顶多一百二十块 到头了 |
[19:41] | I fucked you. | 我跟你打了一炮 |
[19:42] | That alone’s $100. What did you think? | 光这一项就是一百块 你脑子秀逗了吗 |
[19:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:47] | No, no, please. | 别别 求你了 |
[19:48] | Please, please, don’t smoke in here. | 求你别在这儿抽烟 |
[19:52] | I’ll put it out. For $250. | 给我二百五十块我就掐了 |
[20:03] | Can you help me out, Uncle Sean? | 你能帮我个忙不 肖恩舅舅 |
[20:05] | Beats me. What’s up? | 说吧 什么事 |
[20:20] | “When I am dead, do not clothe me. | “等我死后 不要为我穿衣 |
[20:23] | “Wrap me naked in a sheet– | “用布包裹我赤裸的躯体 |
[20:25] | “Wrap me naked in a sheet. | “用布包裹我赤裸的躯体 |
[20:27] | “No flowers on my bed. | “我的床边无需鲜花装饰 |
[20:28] | “And let no one accompany me, | “我的身旁不必有人陪伴 |
[20:30] | “neither relatives nor friends. | “不论是血亲还是挚友 |
[20:34] | Burn me.” | “容我化为灰烬” |
[20:36] | That–that is a death I can drink to. | 这正是我推崇的死法 |
[20:38] | Pirandello got it right. | 皮兰德娄说的一点没错 |
[20:40] | Where do you even find a quote like that– | 你在哪找来这种狗屁名言的 |
[20:43] | Depressing-death.Com? | 抑郁而终网吗 |
[20:44] | When I go, I’m going to go with a bang. | 我死的时候 要热热闹闹的 |
[20:47] | No, I want– I want a band. | 不 我要个乐队 |
[20:49] | I want a brass band | 我想要个管乐队 |
[20:51] | or a clown band. | 或是个小丑乐队 |
[20:52] | Probably that’s all we can afford–and fireworks. | 也许我们只能雇得起那个 还要烟火 |
[20:54] | Nice. That is keeping it classy, Jamison. | 不错 烟火会显得很有格调 贾米森 |
[20:56] | And a crowd. | 还要一大群人 |
[20:57] | I want family and friends | 我要我的家人 朋友 |
[21:00] | and my former students and my old girl scout troop, | 我以前的学生 还有女童军队友 |
[21:04] | including the mean deaf girl. | 连带那个刻薄的聋子姑娘 |
[21:07] | And they should all be crying, | 他们应该失声痛哭 |
[21:09] | but not enough so that they don’t enjoy the– | 但又不能哭得太厉害 |
[21:11] | the chocolate fountain… | 不然享用不了巧克力喷泉了 |
[21:14] | and the bacon. | 还有培根 |
[21:15] | So you take that, Pinocchio. | 你听好了 皮诺曹 |
[21:18] | Pirandello. | 是皮兰德娄 |
[21:18] | You know, a month ago, | 你知道吗 一个月前 |
[21:20] | I didn’t want anybody to know that I was sick, | 我不希望任何人知道我得了癌症 |
[21:23] | not Paul, not Adam. | 不管是保罗还是亚当 |
[21:24] | But now–now that they know, | 但是现在 既然他们已经知道了 |
[21:26] | I want them–I want them with me un–until the very end. | 我希望他们能一直陪我走到最后 |
[21:30] | No, I-I don’t want my death to be– | 我不希望我死的时候 |
[21:32] | Scary? | 很吓人 |
[21:34] | No. No one does. | 不 不会的 |
[21:35] | Desolate. | 凄凉 |
[21:36] | There, I said it. | 我终于说出口了 |
[21:38] | That’s what I fear… | 我怕的就是这个 |
[21:41] | a desolate death. | 凄凉地死去 |
[21:45] | If that happens, then I know | 如果那真的发生了 我知道 |
[21:46] | I’ve done something very, very wrong. | 我一定是做了非常非常不可饶恕的错事 |
[21:51] | I’ve never been able to talk about this stuff with anyone. | 我一直没法张口跟别人说这事 |
[21:55] | Maybe it’s the room. | 也许是这房子的缘故 |
[21:57] | It feels so serene. | 这里真是宁谧啊 |
[22:00] | I’ve never even said | 我以前甚至都没说过 |
[22:02] | the word “Serene” before. | “宁谧”这个词 |
[22:16] | Oh, God. I’m sorry. | 天哪 对不起 |
[22:17] | I’ve misled you. | 我误导你了 |
[22:19] | Oh, no. I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[22:20] | – I’m–I’m – Calm down. | -我 我 -别激动 |
[22:21] | – I didn’t–I didn’t mean – I am calm. | -我不是 我不是那个意思 -我没激动 |
[22:25] | I’m married. | 我结婚了 |
[22:26] | And even though I’ve been complaining about my husband | 虽然我一直在抱怨我的丈夫 |
[22:29] | and his nerve-racking approach to–to job hunting, I… | 还有他找工作多让人伤脑筋 我 |
[22:34] | No, I like being attached to Paul, | 我喜欢跟保罗在一起 |
[22:36] | and I almost really screwed that up once, and I’m– | 我已经差点搞砸过一次了 我 |
[22:39] | Why are you laughing? | 你笑什么啊 |
[22:42] | What, you think that’s funny? | 等等 你觉得这很好笑吗 |
[22:43] | You think I’m straight? | 你以为我是直男吗 |
[22:46] | What? | 什么 |
[22:49] | I’m gay. | 我是同性恋 |
[22:51] | Gay? | 同性恋 |
[22:52] | I was actually just admiring the fact that you seem to have no pores. | 我刚只是在欣赏你细腻紧致的肌肤 |
[22:55] | But, um… | 但是 |
[22:57] | I-I can assure you– a true cocksman. | 我向你保证 我可有两下子 |
[23:02] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[23:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:11] | Gay. | 同性恋 |
[23:14] | I clearly–I clearly didn’t see that coming. | 显然 显然我没看出来啊 |
[23:22] | Don’t I think highly of myself. | 我还真把自己当回事了 |
[23:24] | You should. You’re incredible. | 你有这个资格 你很神奇 |
[23:27] | What, incredible enough to have the power | 怎么 神奇到两杯红酒下肚 |
[23:30] | to turn a gay guy straight over two bottles of wine? | 就能把一个同性恋掰直吗 |
[23:36] | Oh, god, I-I have to go, | 天啊 我 我得走了 |
[23:38] | not–not because you’re gay, | 不是 不是因为你是同性恋 |
[23:39] | – but because I– – Okay. | -而是因为我 -好吧 |
[23:41] | I am–I’m semi-mortified, and… | 我 我有点不好意思 而且 |
[23:44] | and it– oh, it’s almost 5:00. | 而且 都快五点了 |
[23:47] | Oh, Paul wants me to meet him. | 保罗让我去找他 |
[23:50] | So I really– I really do. | 所以我真的 真的得走了 |
[23:51] | I… | 我 |
[23:55] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[23:59] | How could you not know it’s statutory rape? | 你怎么可能不知道这是奸幼罪 |
[24:02] | Look at him. | 你看他那小样 |
[24:03] | Plus, you’re guilty of overcharging for services rendered. | 而且 你收费过高也是有罪的 |
[24:06] | You do not charge a guy for just showing him the ball gag. | 你总不能给人看看封口球就要钱吧 |
[24:08] | This is bullshit. | 胡说八道 |
[24:09] | Mr. Horny over here agreed to every add-on service. | 这个小色胚同意了所有的附加服务 |
[24:11] | No. I didn’t know. | 不 我根本不知道 |
[24:13] | You shut up. And, you… | 你 闭嘴 还有 你 |
[24:15] | You’re lucky | 你很幸运 |
[24:16] | I don’t report you to the cops | 我不会向警察 |
[24:17] | and the governing body of trained dominatrices. | 还有你们的监管机构举报你 |
[24:21] | Fine. $150, and we’ll call it even. | 好吧 一百五十美元 我们就扯平了 |
[24:24] | Well… Done. | 好吧 成交 |
[24:26] | But as I, um, conduct my transactions without legal tender, | 但是 我没有法定货币进行这次交易 |
[24:29] | you will have to accept payment in the form of trade, | 所以你得接受我以物品形式来支付 |
[24:32] | like, uh, that ashtray or that vase. | 比如 这个烟灰缸 或者那个花瓶 |
[24:49] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[24:54] | What the fuck were you thinking? | 你他妈的想什么来着 |
[24:56] | She’s a hooker! | 她是个妓女 |
[24:57] | Look, I thought it’d be cool. | 我本以为没什么大不了 |
[24:58] | I didn’t know she’d hold me hostage. | 我不知道她会勒索我 |
[25:00] | Calling up a hooker is random and dangerous. | 打电话召妓就是胡来 引狼入室 |
[25:02] | That shit is never cool… | 这玩意对小孩来说 |
[25:05] | For a kid. | 就是闯了大祸 |
[25:06] | I-I thought you had a nice girlfriend, Adam. | 我 我记得你有个不错的女友 亚当 |
[25:08] | Why aren’t you sleeping with her? | 你为什么不跟她上床 |
[25:10] | None of your business. | 不关你的事 |
[25:11] | Um, dude, I just paid off your date | 伙计 刚用来还债的 |
[25:15] | with one of Rebecca’s crate & barrel originals. | 是丽贝卡的一件心爱家当 |
[25:16] | I think that makes it my business. | 这下该关我的事了吧 |
[25:18] | My girlfriend wants to wait to do it, and… | 我女朋友想缓一缓 而且 |
[25:22] | I tried hooking up with girls at school, | 我也找过学校里别的女生 |
[25:24] | but that got complicated. | 但是后来搞得脱不开身了 |
[25:26] | So I thought it would be easier | 所以我觉得 如果跟一个 |
[25:27] | to just mess around with someone | 不会胡乱装饰我的柜子 |
[25:29] | who wouldn’t decorate my locker | 也不知道我妈妈得了癌症的人在一起 |
[25:31] | and who doesn’t know my mom has cancer. | 会轻松得多 |
[25:34] | Oh, yeah. The sick-mom thing. | 好吧 “妈妈得病”这档子事 |
[25:36] | Yeah, I feel you there. | 我感同身受 |
[25:39] | When my mom died, I torched my own car… | 我妈妈去世的时候 我烧掉了我自己的车 |
[25:43] | while I was living in it. | 那时我还住在里面呢 |
[25:44] | Oh, that’s mental. | 真够疯的 |
[25:49] | Just–look… | 只是 听着 |
[25:51] | Don’t be in such a hurry to grow up, okay? | 不要这么着急长大 好吗 |
[25:54] | I mean, I know I make adulthood look easy, | 我知道我让你觉得成年很容易 |
[25:56] | but trust me, it’s no bed of roses. | 但是相信我 这一点都不轻松愉快 |
[26:00] | Just… just take it slow, okay? | 只是 别着急 好吗 |
[26:03] | And, uh, know that you can always ask me for anything. | 记住 你有任何困难都可以来找我 |
[26:08] | Could you help me write my English paper | 在我妈妈回家之前 |
[26:10] | before my mom gets home? | 你能帮我写英语作文吗 |
[26:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:21] | Paul? | 保罗 |
[26:27] | I just wanted you to meet me here | 我只是想长痛不如短痛 |
[26:28] | so I could rip off the band-aid. | 就把你找到这来见我了 |
[26:31] | I work here now, short-term. | 我现在在这工作了 短期的 |
[26:34] | And I know you must be all kinds of weirded out now, | 我知道你现在肯定很纳闷 |
[26:36] | honey, but, you know, here’s the thing. | 但是 亲爱的 是这样的 |
[26:37] | The job has health insurance, which we need. | 这份工作有我们急需的医疗保险 |
[26:40] | You know, I only applied here, like, two hours ago | 我跟那个混蛋吉米会面后就来这求职了 |
[26:43] | after meeting with that asshole Jimmy. | 也就大概两小时前 |
[26:46] | And you don’t need to panic, | 你不要慌张 |
[26:47] | ’cause I’m gonna keep looking for something good. | 因为我还要继续寻找更好的工作 |
[26:49] | And I’m gonna get it. | 而且我肯定会找到的 |
[26:51] | But until that happens… | 不过在那之前 |
[26:53] | I’m gonna be wearing this to work. | 我都得穿着这个来工作了 |
[26:59] | You know, and even though I can’t fix everything, | 虽然我不能修好所有东西 |
[27:03] | I can, um, fix your Ipod. | 我可以修好你的Ipod |
[27:06] | Okay? Or tell you who can– | 好吗 或者告诉你谁能修好 |
[27:08] | Lance in tech support. | 技术支持部的兰斯 |
[27:13] | I think it’s awesome. | 我觉得这样好极了 |
[27:24] | Right this way. | 这边请 |