时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | There was a young street urchin killed up on the bridge. | 有个小流浪儿被杀死在了桥上 |
[00:06] | Does this have something to do with Willem? | 这跟威勒姆有关吗 |
[00:10] | Why would he willingly go to his death? | 但他为何要主动走向死亡 |
[00:12] | Because he went with someone he trusted. | 因为他和他信任的人在一起 |
[00:14] | What was his name, the one with the silver smile? | 他叫什么 有银色微笑的那个人 |
[00:18] | Heights, he’s attracted to heights. | 高度 他很喜欢高的地方 |
[00:21] | Ask yourself why you seek the companionship of strangers. | 那就请扪心自问为什么总在寻求陌生人的相伴 |
[00:24] | Ms. Howard, how did you cope with your father’s suicide? | 霍华德小姐 你怎么应对处理你父亲的自杀 |
[00:28] | Kreizler, that’s quite enough! | 克雷泽勒 够了 |
[01:09] | Are you not satisfied with my progress, doctor, | 你是不满意我的进展吗 博士 |
[01:11] | that you had to check up on me? | 还要专程来看我 |
[01:14] | I’m here today as your pupil, madam. | 我今天是来做你的学生的 女士 |
[01:17] | I didn’t know you had the imagination. | 我没想到你还有这样的想象力 |
[01:21] | Please. | 请坐 |
[01:41] | He’s a foreman at the brewery. | 他是一家酒厂的工头 |
[01:43] | Quite used to giving orders. | 习惯了发号施令 |
[01:45] | In here, he prefers taking them. | 在这里 他更喜欢听命令 |
[01:48] | I’ve moved on from torturing helpless creatures. | 我已经不再折磨无助的人了 |
[01:54] | I need your insight into someone. | 我需要你对一个人的见解 |
[01:57] | Someone whose behavior you may be more familiar with than I. | 你可能比我更加了解这人的行为 |
[02:00] | And what is his or her particular predilection? | 那他或她的偏好是什么 |
[02:04] | Inflicting pain. | 施加痛苦 |
[02:13] | You see these butterflies? | 你看到这些蝴蝶了吗 |
[02:19] | Beneath their beautiful wings | 在他们美丽的翅膀之下 |
[02:21] | is a whole array of instruments | 是一排器具 |
[02:23] | used to inflict agony during coitus. | 用来在交媾时制造痛苦 |
[02:29] | The connection between pain and pleasure | 痛苦和欢愉之间的关系 |
[02:32] | is far more common than you think. | 远比你想的要寻常 |
[02:35] | The person I’m speaking of is certainly not common. | 我所说的人绝不寻常 |
[02:38] | For one thing, I suspect he’s aroused by the sight of blood. | 首先 我认为血能激发他的性欲 |
[02:41] | If I counted the number of times I’ve brought | 如果要我细数我有多少次 |
[02:43] | a prick to attention by drawing a drop of blood — | 靠流一滴血让一根肉棒打起精神… |
[02:47] | I’m not talking about a drop of blood, | 我不是说一滴血 |
[02:49] | rather the act of mutilation and stabbing. | 而是残骸和刺伤 |
[02:53] | The mind is the most erotic organ of the body, doctor. | 大脑是身体最色情的器官 博士 |
[02:56] | Isn’t that your domain? | 那不是你的领域吗 |
[02:59] | In my experience, the man who enjoys | 依我的经验 喜欢侮辱女性的男人 |
[03:02] | defiling women is usually dominated in his daily life, | 往往在日常生活中受人支配 |
[03:06] | while the man who is being beaten is probably a bully. | 而喜欢被打的往往平时是恶霸 |
[03:10] | Take yourself. | 比如你 |
[03:12] | With all your intelligence, you’re most likely aroused | 你那么聪明 却更可能被 |
[03:15] | by someone for whom that intelligence means nothing. | 毫不在意智商的人激发性欲 |
[03:22] | Is that what he’s looking for in his victims? | 那是他在被害人中所寻求的吗 |
[03:25] | The opposite? | 与现实中相反 |
[03:27] | Of all the stories I told you when I was your patient, | 我做你病人时跟你讲的故事 |
[03:33] | which ones wormed their way into your mind, | 哪个钻进了你的脑袋里 |
[03:37] | kept you up at night? | 让你夜不能寐 |
[03:40] | Oh, come, doctor. | 得了 博士 |
[03:43] | I don’t believe you were completely unmoved. | 我不相信你毫不为所动 |
[03:49] | I found your accounts of men’s vulnerabilities | 我觉得你说的男人的脆弱之处 |
[03:53] | in particular interesting. | 尤其有趣 |
[03:56] | My “accounts of men’s vulnerabilities”? | 我”说的男人的脆弱之处” |
[04:00] | I recognized my own weakness, and it gave me pleasure. | 我承认我自己的脆弱 这让我愉悦 |
[04:04] | Then there’s your answer. | 这不就是答案了吗 |
[04:06] | If your friend enjoys inflicting wounds, | 如果你的朋友喜欢伤人 |
[04:10] | there’s a good chance he has wounds of his own. | 那么他很可能有自己的伤口 |
[04:14] | The cripple in him | 他内心里的残废 |
[04:16] | is looking for the cripple in another. | 想去寻找其他人的残废 |
[04:25] | Forgive me, madam. | 原谅我 女士 |
[04:27] | Thank you for your help. | 谢谢你帮忙 |
[05:08] | Commissioner Roosevelt! | 罗斯福专员 |
[05:12] | He’s here. | 他到了 |
[05:20] | Commissioner Roosevelt! | 罗斯福专员 |
[05:23] | – Sir, sir! – Commissioner Roosevelt. | -长官 -罗斯福专员 |
[05:25] | Mr. Roosevelt! | 罗斯福先生 |
[05:28] | Have you anything to say about the fact | 你是否可以就死亡男童皆为 |
[05:29] | the dead boys were all immigrants? | 移民一事说说看法 |
[05:31] | There’s rumors that you interfered | 有传言说你干涉了 |
[05:32] | with the investigation by your own police department? | 你自己警局的调查 |
[05:35] | Commissioner, can you be trusted to protect the poor, | 专员 你真能担当起穷人保护者吗 |
[05:37] | or just the elite? | 还是只保护精英 |
[05:39] | Is it true the dead boy was dressed as a girl? | 死掉的男童真的穿成了女孩的样子吗 |
[05:41] | This is the second one, isn’t it, sir? | 这是第二个 是吧 先生 |
[05:41] | – Stay back! – Get back! | -退后 -别走了 |
[05:43] | The people deserve to know! | 人民有权知道 |
[06:05] | 罗斯福的统治 法律和秩序 警局 | |
[06:13] | Just a moment. I’ll connect you. | 等一下 我给你接线 |
[06:17] | Might I have a word with the Commissioner, Miss Howard? | 我能跟专员说句话吗 霍华德小姐 |
[06:24] | Commissioner. | 专员 |
[06:27] | Captain Connor would like a word. | 康纳警监想找你 |
[06:30] | You might want to stay for this, Miss Howard. | 你最好留下 霍华德小姐 |
[06:33] | Sir, I just wanted to share a new piece | 先生 我想拿出一件 |
[06:35] | of evidence that’s come to light. | 新出现的证据 |
[06:37] | It concerns these terrible boy-whore — | 是跟这些可怕的男童妓 |
[06:40] | excuse me — child murders. | 抱歉 男童被杀案有关 |
[06:44] | Took me a moment to know what I was looking at. | 我没立刻看懂这是什么 |
[06:46] | Thought maybe it was a lady’s pocketbook or something. | 还以为是女士的笔记本呢 |
[06:49] | But, uh, then I opened it up, and I seen these pictures. | 但是 我一打开 看到了这些画 |
[06:56] | Little dead boys. | 死掉的小男孩 |
[06:58] | It was then that I noticed these here initials. | 然后我才发现了这姓名缩写 |
[07:02] | JSM J.S.M. | |
[07:06] | Can’t figure it out for the life of me. | 怎么也想不通 |
[07:15] | I thought maybe you’d get a team of your best detectives | 或许该叫你最好的警探马上 |
[07:17] | to work on it straight away. | 开始调查 |
[07:23] | Maybe them smart Jewish boys could have a go. | 或许那俩聪明的犹太男孩可以试试 |
[07:27] | Morning, Commissioner. Miss Howard. | 早 专员 霍华德小姐 |
[07:52] | Here, I found another one. | 这里 我又找到一个 |
[07:54] | How far down do they go? | 到下面多远处 |
[07:58] | It appears they go all the way to the ground. | 似乎是一直到最底下 |
[08:03] | What do you think made these? | 你觉得这是怎么弄的 |
[08:15] | Lucius. | 卢修斯 |
[08:22] | It’s a piton. | 这是个岩钉 |
[08:26] | It fits. | 刚刚好 |
[08:30] | It would appear our killer is a climber. | 看来我们的凶手是一名攀爬高手 |
[09:03] | Miss Howard? | 霍华德小姐 |
[09:05] | Hello. | 你好 |
[09:07] | I’m looking for the Doctor. | 我找博士 |
[09:09] | He’s not at the institute. | 他不在医院 |
[09:10] | Uh, no, ma’am. | 不 女士 |
[09:12] | He’s off in one of his, uh… | 他在他的一个… |
[09:14] | trances. | 静思处 |
[09:28] | Dr. Kreizler. | 克雷泽勒博士 |
[09:31] | Dr. Kreizler. | 克雷泽勒博士 |
[09:34] | Miss Howard? | 霍华德小姐 |
[09:36] | The commissioner wanted me to give you this. | 专员想让我给你这个 |
[09:41] | It’s John’s drawing kit. | 是约翰的绘画工具 |
[09:43] | – Where did he — – Captain Connor. | -他从哪里… -康纳警监 |
[09:46] | Moore said nothing about this. | 摩尔没提过这件事 |
[09:48] | He must have lost it at Castle Garden that night. | 他肯定是那晚落在城堡公园了 |
[09:53] | Won’t you sit down? | 你来坐一会吧 |
[09:53] | I was sent on an errand, no more. | 我只是来送东西的 |
[09:55] | Miss Howard? | 霍华德小姐 |
[10:00] | I wonder if you’ve given any more thought | 我想问问你有没有再想过 |
[10:02] | to our last conversation? | 我们昨晚最后的谈话 |
[10:04] | I don’t believe I have it in me to kill a child. | 我觉得我就算冲动也不会杀死小孩 |
[10:07] | You might surprise yourself. | 你会让你自己大吃一惊的 |
[10:11] | Please, sit down. | 请坐吧 |
[10:29] | Do you see that woman there? | 你看到那个女人了吗 |
[10:31] | – Yes. – She’s from a good family. | -嗯 -她来自一个不错的家庭 |
[10:34] | She was soon married and quickly gave birth to a boy, | 她很快就结婚了 不久便生了一个男孩 |
[10:37] | and a year later, a girl. | 一年后又添了一个女儿 |
[10:40] | If the purpose of this story is to annoy me, | 如果你说这个故事是为了惹恼我 |
[10:42] | then you’ve succeeded. | 那你成功了 |
[10:44] | The purpose is to make the point | 我说这个故事是为了说明 |
[10:45] | she’s quite similar to you. | 她和你很像 |
[10:46] | With the not-so-subtle distinction being | 我们的区别很明显 |
[10:48] | that she’s married and has children. | 她结婚了 并有孩子 |
[10:51] | She had children. | 她有过孩子 |
[10:54] | It was six months after the birth of her daughter, | 她生下女儿六个月后 |
[10:56] | in a seemingly inexplicable act, | 不知道为什么 |
[10:59] | that the young woman saw fit to submerge | 这位年轻的女士突然想 |
[11:01] | both her children in a bathtub until they were drowned. | 把两个孩子都浸入澡盆 直到他们都溺死 |
[11:09] | Owing to the wealth and influence of her family, | 由于她的家族有钱有势 |
[11:11] | she was spared from being sent to prison or an institution. | 她并没有被抓入监狱或送入医院 |
[11:15] | However, instead of proper treatment, | 她不仅没有得到应有的治疗 |
[11:18] | she now walks the park daily, pushing an empty perambulator. | 她现在每天推着一个空空的婴儿车来公园散步 |
[11:28] | I can find no empathy for a mother who would take | 我不会同情一个 |
[11:30] | the life of her own children. | 杀死自己儿女的母亲 |
[11:33] | But you understand the expectations | 但是你理解我们的社会 |
[11:34] | that our society bestows on women — | 对女性的期望 |
[11:38] | to marry, to have children, | 结婚 生子 |
[11:41] | to smile when you feel incapable of smiling. | 在你感觉无力微笑时挤出微笑 |
[11:48] | If you can empathize with that, you know better | 如果你能理解 那你肯定最能明白 |
[11:49] | than most that that poor young woman | 这个推着空婴儿车的 |
[11:52] | with an empty baby carriage did not form herself. | 可怜女人并不是自己变成这样的 |
[11:57] | Rather, society formed her. | 更应该说是社会让她变成了这样 |
[12:03] | You say you cannot see the world | 你说你无法从一名 |
[12:05] | from the perspective of a child killer | 儿童杀手的视角看待世界 |
[12:07] | because you could never kill a child. | 因为你绝对不会杀害一名儿童 |
[12:11] | I believe we all possess the raw material required to commit horrible acts. | 我觉得我们都有犯下残忍罪行的潜质 |
[12:15] | We just need the right or wrong combination of events | 我们只是需要合适或不合适的时机 |
[12:17] | to make the raw material combustible. | 让潜质激发出来 |
[12:22] | I’m afraid I must be on my way. | 恐怕我该走了 |
[12:27] | Good day. | 日安 |
[12:32] | *She had a baby, she named him Tiny Tim* | *她有过一个孩子 取名叫小提姆* |
[12:35] | *She put him in the bathtub to see if he could swim* | *她把他放进澡盆 看他会不会游泳* |
[12:40] | *He drank up all the water, he ate up all the soap* | *他喝光所有水 吃光所有沫* |
[12:44] | *He tried to eat the bathtub* | *他想吃下浴缸* |
[12:46] | *But it wouldn’t go down his throat* | *但是却咽不下* |
[12:53] | Hey, kid! | 小孩 |
[13:22] | 设施关闭 纽约警局 | |
[14:43] | – Hey, it’s my turn. – No, it’s my turn! | -轮到我了 -不 轮到我了 |
[14:45] | Let’s not fight. | 别吵了 |
[14:51] | What? | 怎么回事 |
[14:52] | Welcome to The Golden Rule. | 欢迎来到黄金规则 |
[14:58] | The Commissioner shut it down | 我们查出那男孩的身份后 |
[14:58] | as soon as we found the boy’s identity. | 专员就封闭了这个地方 |
[15:02] | It’s disheartening to think they’d live | 想到他们都住在这种窑洞 |
[15:03] | in squalor like this. | 真是让人心酸 |
[15:06] | Can’t you read? | 你不认字吗 |
[15:08] | We’re closed. | 我们关闭了 |
[15:11] | – We’re here on police business. – Let me see your badges. | -我们是来办案的 -让我看看你的警徽 |
[15:14] | Perhaps you’d like to see the inside of 300 Mulberry? | 也许你想看看莫勃利街300号的样子 |
[15:15] | You know, I’ve told you people all I know. | 我知道的东西都告诉你们了 |
[15:18] | The dead kid was sold to me by his father | 是那个死孩子的爸爸把他卖给我 |
[15:20] | to pay off a gambling debt. | 偿还他的赌债 |
[15:22] | He’s just another kid off the boat. | 他不过是偷渡来的一个小孩 |
[15:23] | From where, I don’t know. | 我不知道是从哪里来的 |
[15:26] | He was from Syria. | 他是叙利亚来的 |
[15:28] | His name was Ali ibn-Ghazi. | 他叫阿里·伊本·加齐 |
[15:32] | Is there a room with outside access? | 这里有没有房间能通往外面 |
[15:34] | One with windows? | 有窗户的 |
[15:36] | This is a basement. | 这是地下室 |
[15:38] | You do know what a basement is, don’t you? | 你知道地下室是怎么样的 不是吗 |
[15:45] | Detective Sergeant? | 侦缉警司 |
[15:56] | Did the boy use this room? | 那孩子用这间房吗 |
[15:59] | They all use it. | 他们都用这间房 |
[16:34] | Mr. Moore! Our man was here, all right. | 摩尔先生 我们要找的人在这出现过 |
[16:37] | We found similar evidence at Castle Gardens. | 我们在城堡花园发现了类似的证据 |
[16:40] | Hemp strands. From a rope, I’d surmise. | 大麻纤维 我推测是绳子上的 |
[16:43] | I don’t see any piton holes, but… | 我没看到任何岩钉孔 但 |
[16:46] | looks like he tied to this base | 看来他是把绳子系在这里 |
[16:48] | and went down the shaft. | 沿着这根杆子下去的 |
[17:09] | Up high, | 在这么高的地方 |
[17:10] | he can act with the confidence of the devil himself. | 他带着魔鬼般的自信行动 |
[17:13] | Not the devil. | 不是魔鬼 |
[17:15] | God. | 是上帝 |
[17:18] | He’s a saint. | 他是个圣人 |
[17:24] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[17:26] | They call me Bernadette. | 他们叫我伯纳黛特 |
[17:31] | What’s your real name? | 你的真名是什么 |
[17:40] | Joseph. | 约瑟夫 |
[17:41] | Joseph. What are you doing here? | 约瑟夫 你在这做什么 |
[17:43] | Well, I used to work downstairs. | 我以前在楼下工作 |
[17:46] | You ever see anybody on that roof over there? | 你见到谁出现过在那边的屋顶 |
[17:48] | Just the pigeon man. | 只看见过养鸽人 |
[17:53] | I’m gonna go downstairs and see what else I can find out. | 我下去看看还能找到什么 |
[17:59] | You said somebody’s a saint. | 你刚才说某人是个圣人 |
[18:01] | Who? | 是说谁 |
[18:05] | A customer. | 一个客人 |
[18:07] | Fatima called him that. | 法蒂玛这么叫他 |
[18:09] | Who’s Fatima? | 法蒂玛是谁 |
[18:11] | Ali. | 阿里 |
[18:13] | Ali ibn-Ghazi. | 阿里·伊本·加齐 |
[18:14] | We were friends. | 我们以前是朋友 |
[18:17] | That is, until she… | 直到她 |
[18:22] | Did you ever see this saint? | 你见过这个圣人吗 |
[18:25] | See his teeth? | 看到过他的牙齿吗 |
[18:27] | Were they silver? | 是银色的吗 |
[18:28] | I never seen any of him, but… | 我从没见过他 但… |
[18:31] | I know he’s real. Fatima said so. | 我知道他是真的 法蒂玛这么说的 |
[18:33] | Why did you call him a saint? | 你为什么叫他圣人 |
[18:38] | ‘Cause he said he was gonna take her away | 因为他说他会带她走 |
[18:40] | to live up in a castle. | 快乐地生活在城堡中 |
[18:42] | A castle in the sky, she said. | 她说在天空中的城堡 |
[18:54] | Hold still. | 别动 |
[19:01] | If you ever see this man, | 如果你见到这个人 |
[19:04] | or someone with a silver smile, | 或者见到笑时牙齿是银色的人 |
[19:07] | don’t go with him. | 别跟他走 |
[19:12] | Trust me, Joseph. Come see me. | 相信我 约瑟夫 看到他就来找我 |
[19:29] | I don’t know where this saint is, but he sure as hell | 我不知道这个圣人在哪 但他肯定 |
[19:31] | doesn’t use wings to get up and down these buildings. | 不是用翅膀在这些建筑物中上下的 |
[19:44] | On the house. | 店家请了 |
[19:59] | You best not let Roosevelt catch you | 你最好别让罗斯福抓到你 |
[20:01] | drinking your lunch, Captain. | 午餐时喝酒 警监 |
[20:04] | He’ll have you badge for it. | 他会让你当不成警察 |
[20:06] | Pious prick. | 这个虔诚的混蛋 |
[20:11] | So, tell me, what do you want to done | 告诉我 你想怎么 |
[20:14] | about this society pervert? | 处置这个社会变态 |
[20:16] | Nothing. | 什么也不做 |
[20:18] | Yet. | 时候未到 |
[20:20] | Just keep an eye on him. | 盯着他就行 |
[20:23] | Easy enough. | 这很简单 |
[20:29] | It’s that mother I don’t trust. | 我不相信的是他妈妈 |
[20:32] | If she can’t find a place to stash him | 如果她不能找到地方把他藏起来 |
[20:33] | where he can’t cut up kids, | 阻止他继续肢解小孩 |
[20:34] | someone’s gonna have to do it for her. | 那就得有人帮她做 |
[20:37] | There’s only one thing I hate more than a sodomite. | 比鸡奸者更让我感到厌恶的只有一种人 |
[20:45] | It’s a rich sodomite. | 那就是有钱的鸡奸者 |
[20:57] | Good afternoon, Mrs. Van Bergen. | 下午好 凡·伯根夫人 |
[20:59] | Yes, Mr. Byrnes? | 你好 伯恩先生 |
[21:01] | There’s been another incident. | 又发生了一起事故 |
[21:04] | I wouldn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:06] | Another boy’s been murdered. | 又一名男孩被杀 |
[21:07] | There’s concern among certain circles. | 某些圈子中的人感到担心 |
[21:11] | I think it necessary that arrangements be made. | 有必要做些相应的安排 |
[21:14] | In the best interest of your son, of course. | 当然是为了你儿子最大的利益着想 |
[21:17] | I’m not certain what you mean. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[21:22] | Given his history and his inclinations, | 考虑到他的过往和爱好 |
[21:25] | it would be wise if the police were unable | 让警察无法就这事 |
[21:27] | to question him thoroughly in this matter. | 对他进行彻底审问 是明智之举 |
[21:37] | Mrs. Van Bergen? | 凡·伯根夫人 |
[21:41] | I’m not asking. | 我不是在征求你的意见 |
[21:55] | You’re such a brute! Stop it! | 你真粗鲁 停下 |
[22:47] | You asked for me again? | 你又叫了我吗 |
[22:52] | What’s wrong with your hands? | 你的手怎么了 |
[22:57] | Would you like to go somewhere else tonight? | 你今晚想去其他地方吗 |
[23:01] | I think I should like to spoil you. | 我要好好宠宠你 |
[23:06] | We’re not supposed to leave. | 我们不该离开这 |
[23:20] | We do a lot we’re not supposed to do. | 我们做了许多不该做的事 |
[23:32] | I’ve read of your case, and I asked my colleagues | 我看过你的案子 我问过我在 |
[23:35] | at Bellevue if I might conduct an interview. | 贝尔维尤医院的同事能否跟你面谈 |
[23:38] | I’d like to better understand what motivates you. | 我想更好地了解你的动机 |
[23:41] | Who are you anyway? | 你是谁 |
[23:45] | I’m an alienist. | 我是一个精神病医生 |
[23:52] | How does it feel when you’re engaged in the act itself? | 你在做这件事时有什么感觉 |
[23:59] | Have you tried to stop yourself? | 你尝试过让自己住手吗 |
[24:03] | I thought I could. | 我以为我可以 |
[24:04] | I even promised my parents, but the feeling | 我甚至向我父母保证了 但是这种感觉 |
[24:06] | always comes back, and I have to do it again. | 总是重新出现 我不得不重蹈覆辙 |
[24:13] | I’m curious, | 我很好奇 |
[24:16] | the one you left on your neighbor’s porch, | 你留在了你邻居家走廊上的那个 |
[24:22] | the one you cut up, | 还把身体剖开了 |
[24:25] | what made you decide to do that? | 是什么让你决定那样做的 |
[24:28] | Mr. Hoobler is a liar. | 胡布勒先生是个骗子 |
[24:32] | He said it was a Chinaman snatching up the dogs | 他说是一个中国人把这附近的狗都抓走了 |
[24:34] | in the neighborhood ’cause Chinamen eat dogs. | 因为中国人吃狗肉 |
[24:37] | He said he’d been there and saw it with his own eyes. | 他说他就在现场亲眼看到了 |
[24:40] | But you were the one killing them. | 但是杀了它们的是你 |
[24:41] | I said I was sorry! | 我道过歉了 |
[24:43] | I even wrote letters to their owners | 我甚至给那些狗的主人写了信 |
[24:45] | and asked them to forgive me. | 请求他们原谅我 |
[24:47] | Your mother wrote those letters. | 那些信是你妈妈写的 |
[24:52] | Do you not understand why some of them want you punished? | 你不明白为什么有些狗的主人想让你受罚吗 |
[24:57] | Charles? | 查尔斯 |
[25:00] | Charles! | 查尔斯 |
[25:03] | I asked you a question. | 我在问你问题 |
[25:05] | They can go out and get a new one. | 他们可以出去买新的狗 |
[25:08] | They’re just stupid dogs, | 那些只不过是些愚蠢的狗 |
[25:10] | stupid, stupid dogs. | 蠢的不能再蠢的狗 |
[25:17] | Boys, will you stop that now? | 孩子们 可以停下来了吗 |
[25:20] | I said stop. | 我让你们停下来 |
[25:28] | Ezra, stop that. | 以斯拉 停下 |
[25:33] | They’re all restless today. | 他们今天都很不安分 |
[25:35] | It must be the full moon. | 肯定跟满月有关 |
[25:38] | Certainly it has nothing to do with the moon, Helen. | 这肯定跟月亮没有任何关系 海伦 |
[25:48] | I’m sorry your parents didn’t come this week, Ezra. | 很遗憾你父母这周没来 以斯拉 |
[25:52] | Shall we write them a letter? | 我们要写封信给他们吗 |
[25:56] | Or we can kick the ball together. | 或者我们可以一起踢球 |
[26:00] | Let’s pretend it’s someone special. | 如果把它当成一个特别的人 |
[26:03] | Who would you choose it to be? | 你会希望它是谁 |
[26:05] | Mother. | 妈妈 |
[26:07] | I’m sorry, Ezra, I didn’t hear you. | 抱歉 以斯拉 我没听清 |
[26:09] | – My mother. – Are you sure? | -我妈妈 -你确定吗 |
[26:12] | – My mother. – Shout it. | -我妈妈 -大声喊出来 |
[26:13] | – My mother! – Very well. | -我妈妈 -很好 |
[26:15] | Let’s kick the stuffing out of her. | 让我们来踢爆她 |
[26:21] | – My mother! – That’s good, Ezra. | -我妈妈 -很棒 以斯拉 |
[26:23] | Once again. | 再来一次 |
[26:26] | My mother! | 我妈妈 |
[26:33] | Very good, Ezra. | 非常棒 以斯拉 |
[27:02] | Mary? | 玛丽 |
[27:05] | Cyrus? | 塞拉斯 |
[27:06] | Mary. Mary. | 玛丽 玛丽 |
[27:08] | Look, it’s under the table. | 看 在桌子底下 |
[27:11] | Grab it! | 抓住它 |
[27:14] | That’s why you can’t leave the back door open. | 这就是不能把后门敞开着的原因 |
[27:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:19] | Ah, Mr. Moore, how are you, sir? | 摩尔先生 最近怎么样 |
[27:21] | Is the doctor home? | 博士在家吗 |
[27:22] | Last I saw, he was off to the park with Miss Howard. | 上次看到他是和霍华德小姐在公园 |
[27:40] | I can see you’re upset by something more meaningful | 我觉得你应该不是因为那只跑掉的鸡 |
[27:43] | than a runaway chicken. | 而如此沮丧 |
[27:51] | I’m afraid the good doctor’s callous nature can sometimes | 恐怕那位好博士的无情本质 |
[27:54] | upset the ones who care about him the most. | 有时候会伤害到最在意他的人 |
[28:04] | I have an idea, Mary. | 我有主意了 玛丽 |
[28:05] | If Kreizler and Sara can enjoy some respite together, | 如果克雷泽勒和莎拉可以共度美好时光 |
[28:09] | so can we. | 我们也可以 |
[28:11] | Put on your best dress. I’m taking you out. | 穿上你最美的裙子 我带你出去 |
[28:16] | *Forward, sister women* | *冲啊 姐妹们* |
[28:19] | *Onward ever more* | *勇敢向前进* |
[28:22] | *Bondage is behind you* | *摆脱奴役和压迫* |
[28:24] | Apparently, it’s the latest rage. | 这似乎是最近的潮流 |
[28:26] | Everyone’s talking about it. | 每个人都在谈论这个 |
[28:29] | I’m not quite sure what Mr. Edison has come up with now. | 我不太确定爱迪生又发明了什么 |
[28:35] | Maybe we should take a look. | 也许我们应该去看看 |
[28:38] | Watch out! You’re all going to get wet! | 小心点 你们马上就要湿身了 |
[29:38] | Colt double-action of .32 caliber, | 柯尔特双动手枪 0.32口径 |
[29:41] | six shots, and 4-inch barrel. | 六发子弹 十厘米长的枪管 |
[29:45] | Commissioner, I wanted to let you know I’ve done what you asked | 专员 我想跟你说你吩咐的我已经办完了 |
[29:47] | and delivered the drawing kit to Dr. Kreizler. | 把绘图工具送给了克雷泽勒博士 |
[29:49] | Good. Although I feel pity for poor John. | 很好 尽管我对可怜的约翰感到同情 |
[29:52] | – Thank you, sir. – Kreizler can be merciless | -谢谢您 先生 -当事情发展不顺时 |
[29:55] | when things don’t go his way. | 克雷泽勒会变得很残忍 |
[29:56] | I’m well aware he is most determined | 我知道他是个非常坚决的人 |
[29:58] | to prove his point even if it’s at the expense of others. | 为了证明他的观点 他不惜牺牲别人 |
[30:07] | Excuse me, sir, but may I ask what happened between you? | 打扰下 我能问下你们之间发生过什么吗 |
[30:14] | I’m under the impression you’ve an unsettled past. | 我一直觉得你的过去有未解的心结 |
[30:18] | One time I ever managed to throw that man on his heels, | 有一次我曾让他跌下过神坛 |
[30:23] | it was in college. | 是在大学的时候 |
[30:25] | He was so angry, he challenged me to a duel. | 他很生气 他向我挑战要跟我决斗 |
[30:28] | I chose fists. | 我选择用拳头解决 |
[30:31] | In the gymnasium, before all our classmates, | 在体育馆 我们所有同学的面前 |
[30:33] | we stripped to our waists. | 我们光着膀子决斗 |
[30:38] | The whole room fell silent when they saw his arm. | 当看到他手臂的时候 整屋子的人都安静了 |
[30:41] | Looks like a broken wing held tight to his body. | 他的胳膊像是坏掉的翅膀 紧紧依附在身上 |
[30:45] | I couldn’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[30:48] | You wouldn’t fight him? | 你不肯跟他打架 |
[30:51] | Everyone in that room was bothered by his disadvantage. | 屋子里的每一个人都为他的缺陷而担心 |
[30:56] | Everyone but him. | 每一个人 除了他自己 |
[31:04] | Mary? | 玛丽 |
[31:09] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[31:16] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[32:54] | Hello, Laszlo. | 你好 拉兹洛 |
[32:58] | Mary, you must tell me when you’re going out. | 玛丽 你出去的时候必须告诉我 |
[33:17] | Where have you been? | 你们去哪里了 |
[33:19] | To see Edison’s Vitascope. | 去看爱迪生的放映机了 |
[33:22] | You took Mary? | 你带了玛丽 |
[33:23] | Actually, I came here looking for you, | 其实我是来找你的 |
[33:26] | but you were with Sara. | 但你和莎拉一起 |
[33:30] | I have something for you. | 我有东西要给你 |
[33:44] | Why didn’t you tell me you’d lost it? | 你为什么不告诉我你弄丢了 |
[33:48] | I wasn’t entirely aware it had been lost. | 我都不知道我弄丢了 |
[33:50] | Either you knew it or you didn’t. | 反正你要么早就知道 要么不知道 |
[33:54] | I believe you’re jealous. | 我觉得你是嫉妒 |
[34:00] | Can I ask you to button my boots? | 能帮我系上靴子吗 |
[34:14] | I have news on the boy killed at Castle Garden. | 我有关于那个城堡花园被杀男孩的消息 |
[34:17] | I met a friend of his, a young lad named Joseph, | 我遇到了他的一个朋友 一个叫约瑟夫的小子 |
[34:19] | who told me the victim met a “Saint” who promised | 他说死者遇到了一个”圣人” 他承诺 |
[34:23] | to take him to a castle in the sky. | 会带他去天空中的城堡 |
[34:26] | You were asking me if I was jealous just now. | 你刚刚问我是不是嫉妒 |
[34:28] | Tell me, were you jealous | 告诉我 当茱莉亚 |
[34:30] | when Julia left you for another man? | 为别的男人离开你时 你嫉妒吗 |
[34:33] | Would you care to rub any more salt in that wound? | 你能不能不要再往我的伤口上撒盐了 |
[34:35] | I’m not asking you for sport, John. | 我不是为了好玩才问的 约翰 |
[34:39] | Of course I was jealous. | 我当然嫉妒 |
[34:41] | And has that jealousy become part of your sexual ritual | 那种嫉妒在你和妓女上床的时候 |
[34:43] | when you sleep with prostitutes? | 有没有成为你性行为的一部分 |
[34:47] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[34:48] | Yes, you do. | 你明白 |
[34:50] | The other boot. | 另一只靴子 |
[35:00] | The moment you met her, or when she abandoned you? | 是你遇到她的时候 还是她抛弃你的时候 |
[35:06] | When she betrayed me. | 她背叛我的时候 |
[35:10] | A sense of shame affects me somehow. | 我有一种羞耻感 |
[35:17] | Brings you pleasure and pain? | 让你感到愉悦又痛苦 |
[35:19] | What does this have to do with our killer, Laszlo? | 这和我们的凶手有什么关系 拉兹洛 |
[35:22] | He’s eroticizing a past trauma. | 他在性中反映过去的创伤 |
[35:24] | The act of murder mirrors something that was done to him. | 谋杀的行为映射出他曾经的遭遇 |
[35:27] | But this is clever talk. | 但这只是说说而已 |
[35:29] | We won’t find him by dissecting our own minds. | 我们剖析自己的思想是无法找到他的 |
[35:31] | Nor shall we find him by looking for men with silver smiles. | 那我们找银色微笑的男人也找不到他 |
[35:35] | Chasing clues will mean he’s always a step ahead of us. | 追踪线索只能说明他仍然领先我们一步 |
[35:37] | We must see what’s behind the clues. | 我们必须弄清楚线索背后的含义 |
[35:42] | If you’re so convinced of your theories, | 如果你对你的理论这么自信 |
[35:43] | go and speak to a dentist. | 那就去找牙医吧 |
[35:47] | Why must you push away those who care for you? | 你为什么总要推开那些关心你的人 |
[35:50] | To bring you pleasure or pain? | 为了让自己愉悦又痛苦吗 |
[35:55] | The question you should be asking is not why I push you away but | 你该问的问题不是为什么我把你推开 |
[35:59] | why you stay. | 而是为什么你留了下来 |
[36:03] | Button your own boots. | 自己系靴子吧 |
[36:20] | Okay, spit. | 好了 吐了 |
[36:21] | Spit. | 吐了 |
[36:33] | Ulysses, stop that a moment. | 尤里西斯 停一下 |
[36:42] | Mr. Moore? | 摩尔先生 |
[36:44] | I didn’t see your name in the appointment book. Do you — | 我在预约本上没看到你的名字 你… |
[36:46] | My teeth are quite fine, thank you, | 我的牙齿很好 谢谢 |
[36:47] | but I do have a question. | 但我的确有个问题 |
[36:51] | Have you ever encountered a silver smile? | 你有没有遇到过一个银色微笑的人 |
[36:55] | A what? | 什么 |
[36:56] | I’m looking for what might cause someone to have a silver smile? | 我想知道什么人会有银色的微笑 |
[37:06] | What did he say? | 他说什么 |
[37:07] | He said mercury salts. | 他说汞盐 |
[37:10] | For what purpose? | 干什么用的 |
[37:18] | He said, “One night with Venus, a lifetime of Mercury.” | 他说”一日欢愉[金星]换终身汞[水星]” |
[37:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:15] | You know there’s people gossiping, you with that girl. | 有风言风语说你和那个女孩有关系 |
[38:18] | Just because she didn’t grow up in a shtetl | 她不在小村庄长大 |
[38:20] | doesn’t make her any less of a Jew. | 并不代表她不算犹太人 |
[38:27] | Besides, doesn’t the Torah say | 再说了 《律法》不是说 |
[38:29] | desire is no more a sin than hunger or thirst? | 欲望和饥渴一样不算罪孽吗 |
[38:32] | If you’d ever bothered to read the Torah, | 如果你肯花心思读一读《律法》 |
[38:35] | you’d know it says no such thing. | 你就会知道这上面根本没有这么说 |
[38:36] | It says there are impulses we have to control. | 只说了我们需要控制冲动 |
[38:38] | That’s what makes men different than beasts. | 这才是人和野兽之间的区别 |
[38:42] | Well, I suppose I fall somewhere between the two. | 看来我算是在这两者之间了 |
[38:53] | Syphilis! | 梅毒 |
[38:57] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[38:58] | He was treated for syphilis. | 他在接受梅毒治疗 |
[38:59] | It’s what gave his teeth the silver color. | 所以他的牙齿是银色的 |
[39:01] | Cases of congenital syphilis can disfigure teeth. | 先天性梅毒会使牙齿脱落 |
[39:04] | I’ve never heard of it discoloring them. | 我从来没听说还能使牙齿褪色 |
[39:06] | I spoke to a dentist, Laszlo. | 我找过牙医了 拉兹洛 |
[39:23] | Facts, figures, along with numerous suppositions. | 事实 证据 和众多猜测 |
[39:27] | Pieces of a puzzle that right now lack form | 一片片拼图无法成形 |
[39:31] | match no psychological outline. | 拼不出一个轮廓 |
[39:37] | What we are missing, John, | 我们所缺失的 约翰 |
[39:39] | is not how he kills, but why. | 不是他如何杀戮 而是为什么 |
[39:42] | Most importantly, when will he kill again? | 最重要的是 他什么时候再开杀戒 |
[40:04] | Mama. | 妈妈 |
[40:06] | Mama! | 妈妈 |
[40:08] | Mama! | 妈妈 |
[40:46] | Wait. Wait! | 等等 等等 |
[41:28] | – Hello, John. – Laszlo. | -约翰 -拉兹洛 |
[41:31] | I haven’t been here in years. I see it’s not changed. | 我好多年没来了 看来根本没变 |
[41:34] | The same as yesterday, today, and forever. | 昨天 今天 以后都一样 |
[41:40] | So, tell me your purpose in meeting? | 告诉我为什么要见面 |
[41:44] | I’ve not asked you here. You asked me. | 我没要你来 是你要我来的 |
[41:47] | John, I received the message at the institute | 约翰 我在医院接到消息 |
[41:49] | that you wished to see me. | 说你想见我 |
[41:51] | I was directed to come here. | 我被叫过来的 |
[41:54] | But you called my grandmother’s house? | 但是你打电话给我奶奶家 |
[41:56] | You spoke to her yourself. | 你亲自和她说的 |
[41:59] | Good evening, gentlemen. | 晚上好 先生们 |
[42:03] | How you’ve come to be here, Detective Sergeants? | 你们怎么来了 侦缉警司 |
[42:05] | We took a trolly. | 我们乘车来的 |
[42:07] | I mean, who has asked you to present yourselves? | 我是说谁让你们来的 |
[42:10] | You did. | 你啊 |
[42:13] | And how did I do that? | 我怎么让你们来的 |
[42:14] | You sent us a telegram. | 你给我们发了一封电报 |
[42:17] | Did you not send it? | 你没有发吗 |
[42:19] | You are here. | 你们都在 |
[42:22] | It’s remarkable, isn’t it? | 太惊人了 |
[42:25] | – This is taken. – What is remarkable, | -这里有人了 -什么太惊人了 |
[42:28] | – Miss Howard? – That you’re here, all of you. | -霍华德小姐 -你们全都在这里 |
[42:32] | It’s as if you’ve anticipated the moment. | 好像早就预料到这一刻 |
[42:39] | Mrs. Santorelli and her son brought this to me at police headquarters. | 圣雷利太太和她儿子到警局给了我这个 |
[42:43] | I’d only just read it when I got your message, Doctor. | 我收到你的信息时才看了一遍 博士 |
[42:46] | My message was to meet here? | 我要你到这里来见面的信息 |
[42:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:51] | I’m sorry. I should have been more careful about handling it. | 抱歉 我拿的时候应该小心点 |
[43:00] | I have to admit, holding it in my hand | 我必须要承认拿到这封信时 |
[43:02] | gave me a certain exhilaration that I wasn’t expecting. | 我竟然有种难以抑制的兴奋感 |
[43:05] | I felt I could almost hear his voice in my head | 我感觉读着这些文字 |
[43:07] | while reading the words. | 脑中仿佛能响起他的声音 |
[43:14] | Did you come directly from police headquarters? | 你直接从警察局过来的吗 |
[43:16] | I got your message and took a hansom straight away. | 我收到你的信息就马上叫马车过来了 |
[43:19] | Why? | 为什么这么问 |
[43:21] | Yes, why? | 是啊 为什么 |
[43:25] | Why wasn’t killing the boy enough? | 为什么杀害男孩还不够 |
[43:28] | Why must you send a letter, as well? | 你为什么还非要寄一封信 |
[43:34] | I want to inflict pain, and I won’t be satisfied | 我想施加痛苦 我并不满足 |
[43:39] | unless I can see the suffering that I’m causing. | 除非让我看到我所造成的折磨 |
[43:43] | He was watching the Santorellis. | 他在观察圣雷利一家 |
[43:46] | Yes. I can see her agony. | 没错 我能看到她的痛苦 |
[43:48] | I can hear her cries. | 我可以听到她的哭号 |
[43:50] | I watch her, and it leads me to… | 我看着她 然后找到了… |
[43:58] | …you. | 你 |
[44:00] | Easy, Laszlo. | 冷静点 拉兹洛 |
[44:02] | I follow you, with the letter in your hand | 我跟着你 和你手上的信 |
[44:04] | from Mulberry Street to Brubacher’s, | 从莫勃利街到布鲁贝克 |
[44:06] | where you sit down to share this horrid property | 你坐下将你恐怖的见闻 |
[44:09] | with your colleagues who’ve already been assembled | 和已经被我叫来这里的伙伴 |
[44:11] | at my direction. | 一起分享 |
[44:14] | You mean, he asked me to come? | 你是说是他要我来的 |
[44:17] | He asked all of us. | 他叫我们所有人来的 |
[44:22] | He’s watching us. | 他在看着我们 |
[44:55] | “My dear Mrs. Santorelli… | “亲爱的圣雷利先生和圣雷利太太 |
[44:58] | I don’t know as it is you what is the source | 我不知道报纸上我读到的那些谎言 |
[45:01] | of the vile LIES I read in the newspapers | 是否是你们所编造的 |
[45:04] | or if the police are behind it | 还是警方在背后操控 |
[45:07] | and the reporters are part of their scheme. | 记者们是否与他们同流合污 |
[45:10] | But I figure it might be you, and I take this occashun | 但我想应该是你们 我觉得这是 |
[45:14] | to straight you out. | 让你们认清现实的机会 |
[45:17] | In some parts of this world, such as where dirty immigrants | 在这个世界上 像你这样肮脏的移民 |
[45:20] | like yourself come from, it is often that human flesh | 过去的家园 食物非常稀缺 |
[45:23] | is eaten regular as other food is so scarce | 在没有食物时 |
[45:28] | and people would starve without it. | 人们往往只能食人肉 |
[45:33] | Of course it is usually children what is eaten | 当然了 人们往往选择孩子进行下手 |
[45:36] | as they are tenderest and best tasting, | 他们最为脆弱 味道也最好 |
[45:39] | especially the ass of a small child. | 特别是小孩子的屁股 |
[45:43] | And then these people that eat it come here to America, | 然后那些食人者来到了美国 |
[45:47] | dirtier than a Red Injun. | 他们比红印第安人还要肮脏 |
[45:50] | On February 19th, I seen your boy | 2月19日 我看到你的男孩 |
[45:53] | parading himself outside the church | 在教堂外兜售自己 |
[45:56] | with dirt and paint on his face. | 脸上全是尘土和粉料 |
[45:59] | I decided to wait and saw him several times | 我观察了他几次后 |
[46:02] | before one night I took him away from THAT PLACE. | 终于在一天晚上带着他离开了那里 |
[46:08] | Saucy boy, I already knew I must eat him. | 调皮的男孩 我早就知道我必须吃了他 |
[46:14] | So we went straight to the bridge, | 所以我们直接去了桥上 |
[46:16] | and I trusted him and did him quick. | 我相信他 很快就料理了他 |
[46:21] | I collected his eyes and took his ass, | 我挖出了他的眼球 割走了他的屁股 |
[46:24] | and it fed me for a week, roasted with onions and carrots. | 吃了一个礼拜 和洋葱胡萝卜一起炖 |
[46:29] | But I never had him, though I could have. | 但我没有占有他 尽管我明明可以 |
[46:32] | And he would have liked me to. | 他也愿意 |
[46:37] | He died unspoiled by me, and the papers ought to say so.” | 我没有碰他 报纸应该说明这一点” |
[46:43] | Evening, girls. | 晚上好 姑娘们 |
[46:45] | Which one of you is up for a little fun? | 谁想找点乐子呢 |