时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Welcome, New York City | 欢迎来到纽约 |
[00:06] | to the Titanfall | 泰坦陨落 |
[00:09] | North American finals! | 北美区总决赛现场 |
[00:12] | I had no idea you were into gaming, Chunk, | 我压根没想到你会来赌博 特朗科 |
[00:14] | but I get it. | 但我还是来了 |
[00:15] | Nothing inspires a sense of tribalism | 没有什么能像运动一样 |
[00:17] | like sports. | 激发集体荣誉感 |
[00:19] | Competition, Chunk, it’s is in our DNA. | 竞争 特朗科 是我们基因的一部分 |
[00:21] | Yeah, and the costumes are fun, too. | 再说了这的制服看起来还挺有趣的 |
[00:23] | Tommy. | 汤米 |
[00:24] | – Hey, Mr. Palmer, welcome. – Thanks. | – 嘿 帕默先生 欢迎你 – 谢谢 |
[00:26] | Wait till you see Team DV8, they’re incredible. | 等你见了DV8队 他们简直无敌了 |
[00:29] | And the team captain? He’s inhuman. | 还有他们的队长 简直就是超人类 |
[00:32] | the greatest eSports player in the world | 世界上最棒的电子竞技手 |
[00:34] | will be leading the unstoppable team | 将会带领着他那势不可挡的团队 |
[00:37] | in another Titanfall 2 final. | 再次登上《泰坦陨落二》的总决赛赛场 |
[00:40] | Can the underdog, Team Quadrocon… | 手下败将夸德龙队 能否冲出困境… |
[00:42] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[00:44] | I don’t think so. | 不太好 |
[00:45] | I think I’m… | 我好像… |
[00:46] | awesome! | 帅呆了 |
[00:50] | Who’s gonna do this?! | 谁最威武 |
[00:51] | – We are! – When we gonna do it?! | – 我们威武 – 何时威武 |
[00:53] | Forever! | 永远威武 |
[01:00] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[01:01] | Not gonna need it. | 根本不需要 |
[01:02] | Team DV8! | 接下来有请DV8队 |
[01:04] | Led by team captain, Jace Rundle! | 由队长杰斯·朗德尔统率 |
[01:08] | In just a few minutes, ladies and gentlemen, | 再过几分钟 女士们先生们 |
[01:11] | you will see all the drama up | 你们将会在现场的大屏幕 |
[01:12] | on this large screen… | 观看到这最具戏剧性… |
[01:14] | 70 million people are watching this online. | 七千万人正在观看这场网络直播 |
[01:17] | Tonight’s finals is bigger than the World Series, | 今晚的总决赛的热度远超世界职业棒球大赛 |
[01:20] | so how can so many people not know about this? | 我就不明白了 怎么会有那么多人不知道这个 |
[01:23] | ‘Cause they got their heads up their asses, man. | 因为他们忙着在家撸呀撸 哥们 |
[01:25] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[01:26] | Three, two, | 三 二 |
[01:29] | one! | 一 |
[01:32] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[01:36] | Jace Rundle draws first blood. | 杰斯·朗德尔拿下一血 |
[01:39] | And that, folks, is the reason that Jace | 看呐 朋友们 这才叫世界第一 |
[01:41] | is the number-one player in the world. | 杰斯绝不是浪得虚名 |
[01:44] | Oh! You see that? | 快看 |
[01:46] | With a $3 million cash prize and the title at stake, | 预测一下 三百万现金大奖和冠军荣耀的魅力 |
[01:49] | can Team Quadrocon | 今天能否刺激夸德龙队 |
[01:51] | stop Jace Rundle and Team DV8? | 战胜杰斯·朗德尔DV8队 |
[01:53] | Highly unlikely. | 机会渺茫 |
[01:54] | Jace in front prepares for the shot. | 杰斯挺身向前 准备射击 |
[01:56] | He takes aim. | 瞄准射击 |
[01:57] | What?! He misses that shot?! | 搞什么 他竟然打歪了 |
[02:00] | Come on, man. | 加油 哥们 |
[02:01] | Can’t believe that. | 不忍直视 |
[02:02] | That is surprising. | 这真叫人意外 |
[02:03] | Jace held back there, missing an opportunity. | 杰斯竟然错失绝佳的机会 |
[02:05] | It appears the mighty are falling. | 显然就是 一落千丈 |
[02:07] | They’ll pull it out. Just-just hold on. | 先别急 他们会补回来的 |
[02:09] | Dewey creates an opening for Jace to take a shot. | 杜威为杰斯抢得了一个射杀良机 |
[02:11] | I’m down to 20%. | 我掉到百分之二十了 |
[02:12] | Take the shot, Jace! | 开枪啊 杰斯 |
[02:13] | What are you waiting for? | 你等什么呢 |
[02:14] | Jace hesitates and Dewey goes down. | 杰斯还在犹豫 杜威被击毙 |
[02:16] | Damn it! I’m down. | 你大爷 我死了 |
[02:18] | Things are going really bad for DV8. | 现在的局势对DV8非常不利 |
[02:20] | Can Jace make this shot and keep DV8 alive? | 杰斯能扭转局势并挽救DV8吗 |
[02:23] | Quadrocon readies for escape. | 夸德龙队准备逃跑了 |
[02:25] | Jace has them in his sights. | 杰斯的瞄准器正对着他们 |
[02:28] | He misses! | 他脱靶了 |
[02:29] | Oh, my God, he missed. | 天啊 他竟然射歪了 |
[02:30] | – He missed! – Man. | – 他没击中 – 搞什么 |
[02:32] | Quadrocon escapes, | 夸德龙化险为夷 |
[02:33] | and they win! | 他们胜出了 |
[02:35] | What a surprise victory! | 真是场意外的胜利啊 |
[02:39] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[02:40] | Team DV8 has been beaten. | 神台之上的DV8队 竟然被打败了 |
[02:42] | Quadrocon won $3 million? | 夸德龙队赢得了三百万美元 |
[02:45] | It’s quite the upset. | 无语了吧 |
[02:46] | This isn’t an upset. | 何止无语啊 |
[02:48] | This is the Patriots | 简直就是新英格兰爱国者队 |
[02:49] | losing to Oshkosh High. | 输给了奥什科什高中球队 |
[02:51] | A-heartbreaking defeat for DV8. | 这对于DV8来说可真是一次心碎的打击 |
[02:52] | This was an epic choke. | 这真是一个令人窒息的时刻 |
[02:54] | What the hell, man? | 你搞什么 |
[02:55] | I missed, okay? | 我失手了 行了吧 |
[02:56] | No, nobody misses a shot like that | 不会 没人会犯如此低级的错误 |
[02:57] | unless they’re trying to. | 除非他是故意的 |
[02:59] | Wow. A titan has fallen. | 喔 一个巨星陨落了 |
[03:01] | A dynasty overthrown. | 盛世王朝瞬间覆灭 |
[03:02] | This was an epic, and I mean epic, choke | 这会是一个历史时刻 我的意思是令人窒息的历史时刻 |
[03:06] | by the greatest gaming team in history. | 来自史上最强电竞战队 |
[03:07] | His mama’s gonna be so disappointed in him. | 这下他妈妈没法再望子成龙了 |
[03:10] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[03:13] | – Was that for real? – That was a crazy choke, man. | – 真的假的 – 我真无语了 |
[03:15] | You think he threw the game? | 他是故意输掉比赛的吗 |
[03:16] | That was crazy, man. | 你丫疯了吧 兄弟 |
[03:18] | Jace Rundle’s never missed a shot like that. | 杰斯·朗德尔绝不会如此失手 |
[03:22] | There was over $200 million in bets | 已经有超过两亿美元的赌注 |
[03:25] | riding on the championship, | 押注在这场冠军赛上 |
[03:26] | and when Team DV8 lost, so did millions of fans. | 然而 当DV8队输赛后 震惊了数百万粉丝 |
[03:29] | But that was just the first of many shocking twists. | 剧情刚刚开始反转 |
[03:32] | I’ve got nothing else to say. | 我没什么好说的 |
[03:33] | Jace Rundle threw the game intentionally. | 杰斯·朗德尔绝对是故意输掉比赛的 |
[03:36] | There’s no other explanation. | 除此之外别无可能 |
[03:37] | I’ve suspended him from the team. | 我已经让他离队禁赛了 |
[03:38] | No more questions. | 不要再问了 |
[03:39] | That is a huge accusation from team owner Vin Creuster. | 赛队经理文·克鲁斯特将会对此提出巨额控告 |
[03:43] | A charge which Jace flatly denies. | 杰斯断然否定了这一控告 |
[03:46] | Vin’s a liar. I didn’t throw the game. | 文是个骗子 我没有故意输掉比赛 |
[03:48] | And anyone who knows me, knows that. | 只要是了解我的人都会知道 |
[03:49] | Three months later, Jace has found himself unemployed | 三个月后杰斯发现 不仅没有人敢雇自己 |
[03:52] | and a pariah in the league. | 且被所有游戏联盟拒之赛外 |
[03:54] | He’s fighting back with a $20 million defamation suit | 他开始反击自己的前任老板文·克鲁斯特 |
[03:56] | against his former boss, Vin Creuster. | 对其提出赔偿二千万美元的名誉诽谤控诉 |
[03:59] | Everyone in the eGamer-verse will be paying attention | 届时整个电子游戏届都将会 |
[04:01] | – to how this case unfolds. – Hmm. | – 密切关注此案的进展 – 呃 |
[04:02] | I don’t think “EGamer-verse” Is in the dictionary. | 我猜字典里没有”电子游戏届”这个词 |
[04:06] | Benny uses a dictionary. | 本尼也会引用字典了 |
[04:08] | We are representing Jace, who is the plaintiff, | 我们为原告杰斯辩护 |
[04:11] | so a change of pace for us. | 我们来换个口味 |
[04:12] | The good news is, we present our case first. | 好消息是 会先由我们陈述证词 |
[04:15] | The bad news is, we have the burden of proof | 坏消息是 我们要负责举证 |
[04:17] | that Vin defamed Jace when he said that | 也就是文诽谤杰斯时说的 |
[04:19] | Jace threw the game. | 杰斯故意输掉了比赛 |
[04:21] | We have to convince ten out of 12 jurors that Vin’s comments | 我们必须要说服十二位陪审员 |
[04:24] | cost Jace his career. | 文的言论毁了杰斯的职业生涯 |
[04:25] | Not easy to do. | 不好办啊 |
[04:27] | Well, it’s clear that it cost him his job. | 不过 文开除了他 |
[04:28] | Vin fired him. | 就是他让他失业的明显证据 |
[04:30] | Well, how do we know that Jace didn’t throw the game? | 那么我们怎么知道杰斯不是故意输掉比赛的 |
[04:32] | But Vin hasn’t provided | 但是文也没有提供任何证据 |
[04:33] | any evidence to back up his accusation. | 来证明他的控告 |
[04:35] | Is there actually $20 million in the whole sport? | 全赛真的有两千万美元吗 |
[04:37] | There’s billions in it. | 上亿都不止 |
[04:39] | I mean, Vin’s team alone | 我是说 光文的队伍就 |
[04:41] | is valued at $40 million. | 四千万美元的估值 |
[04:42] | And that’s after he fired Jace. | 而且还是他开除了杰斯之后的数字 |
[04:43] | I’m sure you’re all over it. | 我敢肯定你们都压注了 |
[04:45] | No, not this game, it’s too addictive. | 没 不是这个游戏 这个太容易上瘾了 |
[04:47] | What’s the story behind that? | 来说说你的故事 |
[04:49] | It’s none of your business. | 关你啥事啊 |
[04:50] | Well, I’m way into the ‘Fall. | 我上了”秋天”道 |
[04:52] | Into what? | 上了什么 |
[04:53] | Titanfall, that’s the name of the game. | 泰坦陨落 就那游戏的名字 |
[04:55] | And it’s electrifying. | 而且它能让你触电生情 |
[04:57] | I think it’s the dawn of a whole new era in sports. | 我猜它都快变成新世纪运动的曙光了 |
[05:00] | Right now the problem with this sport is | 关于这项运动现在的难题是 |
[05:02] | team owners like Vin, they can accuse players | 像文这样的赛队老板 他们能随意指控队员 |
[05:05] | like Jace of anything, and the players have no recourse. | 像杰斯之类的种种 但是队员却无追索权 |
[05:08] | So, let’s put together some mock juries… | 所以 我们现在先把一些模拟陪审员聚在一起 |
[05:11] | See who agrees. | 看有谁会同意 |
[05:13] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[05:14] | ESports. | 电子竞技 |
[05:16] | The biggest sport you never heard of. | 是一种你从没听说过的运动大奖赛 |
[05:18] | Tops players | 年薪达到百万美元的 |
[05:19] | make millions of dollars a year. | 顶尖的游戏玩家 |
[05:22] | From playing video games. | 靠的就是玩电子游戏 |
[05:23] | Excuse me, Dr. Bull? | 打扰了 布尔博士 |
[05:25] | When the stakes are that high, | 赌注如此之高 |
[05:26] | calling someone a cheater can have devastating consequences. | 指责某人比赛作弊 后果很严重 |
[05:29] | You must be Abigail Walsh, | 你就是阿比盖尔·沃尔什 |
[05:30] | of Schuster, Denton & Hart. | 舒斯特 丹顿和哈特事务所的律师 |
[05:32] | This is my client, Jace Rundle, | 这位是我的当事人 杰斯·朗德尔 |
[05:34] | number-one gamer in the world. | 世界上最优秀的游戏玩家 |
[05:36] | Good to meet you, Doc. | 很高兴认识你 博士 |
[05:37] | This is, uh, Marissa Morgan. | 这位是 玛丽莎·摩根 |
[05:38] | Number-one algorithmer in the world. | 世界上最优秀的演算法专家 |
[05:39] | She says you’re the best. | 我律师说 你是最厉害的 |
[05:41] | According to Don Schuster. | 唐·舒斯特这么说的 |
[05:42] | Well, Don and I handled the NHL renegotiations. | 我和唐处理过冰球联盟的劳资纠纷 |
[05:44] | Helped about a dozen players out of some sticky situations | 这些年来 我帮助数十位球员解决 |
[05:47] | over the years. | 薪金问题 |
[05:48] | But no eSports. | 但你没涉足过电竞 |
[05:50] | Uh, whatever the context, | 不管是什么情况 |
[05:51] | I find every trial comes down to the same dynamic: | 我觉得每件案子最终的关键只有一个 |
[05:55] | selling the jury. | 说服陪审团 |
[05:56] | That’s funny. | 真逗 |
[05:57] | I find every trial has a different dynamic. | 我认为每件案子的取胜之匙都不同 |
[06:02] | Jace, | 杰斯 |
[06:04] | would you mind excusing us for just a moment? | 我想和布尔博士单独谈一会 |
[06:07] | Just when it’s getting good. | 我还等着看好戏呢 |
[06:09] | Jace, why don’t I show you around? | 杰斯 我带你去参观一下吧 |
[06:11] | Excuse us. | 失陪了 |
[06:12] | Thank you, Marissa. | 谢谢 玛丽莎 |
[06:15] | When, um, Don suggested, | 唐向我提议时 |
[06:18] | actually, insisted I hire you, | 其实 他是坚持要我请你 |
[06:21] | I protested. | 我是拒绝的 |
[06:23] | Not because I don’t value your services, | 不是看不起你那套庭审技术 |
[06:25] | but because I don’t believe I need them. | 而是觉得 我不需要这些 |
[06:28] | Well, they couldn’t hurt. | 这又没什么坏处 |
[06:30] | Handling the first big eSports case? | 处理第一桩大型电竞案 |
[06:33] | A win for Jace would mean a lot of new gamer clients. | 杰斯胜诉 玩家客户就会蜂拥而至 |
[06:36] | A windfall that Schuster will attribute to you. | 这笔意外之财 舒斯特会记在你身上 |
[06:38] | Are you afraid you won’t get credit? | 你害怕得不到功劳 |
[06:41] | Let’s establish some rules. | 我们立些规则吧 |
[06:43] | Oh, okay. | 好啊 |
[06:44] | If we disagree, I get the final call. | 有争执时 我来做最终决定 |
[06:47] | And if you try to poison my client against me, | 如果你再对当事人损我 |
[06:49] | then I will do everything in my power | 我会竭尽全力 |
[06:51] | to see that you get fired. | 让你被炒鱿鱼 |
[06:53] | I accept your rules, | 如果你接受我的规则 |
[06:55] | if you’ll accept mine. | 我也接受你的 |
[06:56] | I’ll let you take the credit, | 功劳到时归你 |
[06:57] | but if you don’t take my advice, | 但如果你不接受我的意见 |
[06:59] | you also have to take the blame. | 到时你来背锅 |
[07:01] | I’m a big girl. | 我是个有担当的女子 |
[07:02] | I’m okay with calling you “Boss” in front of Jace, | 只要利于合作 我不介意在杰斯面前 |
[07:05] | if it helps. | 叫你为”老板” |
[07:06] | Welcome to my team. | 欢迎加入我的团队 |
[07:09] | And you can call me Abigail. | 你可以叫我阿比盖尔 |
[07:12] | Sure thing, boss. | 没问题 老板 |
[07:16] | Pebble Beach? | 圆石滩球场 |
[07:17] | St. Andrews? | 圣安德鲁斯 |
[07:18] | Ooh, how about something hard? | 这个怎么样 |
[07:21] | Bethpage Black, from the tips. | 贝斯佩奇黑球场 高级难度 |
[07:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:24] | She, uh, read you the riot act? | 她给你约法三章没 |
[07:28] | I get the feeling she didn’t play a lot of | 我感觉 她从小就没怎么玩过 |
[07:30] | team sports growing up, but she likes games. | 团队运动 不过她确实喜欢游戏 |
[07:32] | Which brings us to the question of the day… | 所以当日问题就来了… |
[07:38] | Did I throw the game? | 我有没有故意输掉比赛 |
[07:40] | Very unorthodox swing, but nice drive. | 挥杆很不规范 不过效果很好 |
[07:43] | A slight fade might’ve helped you with the virtual wind. | 轻微右曲球能抵消风向的影响 |
[07:47] | If you didn’t throw the game… | 如果你不是故意… |
[07:52] | …how’d you lose? | … 你怎么输的 |
[07:53] | The same way Steph Curry | 和斯蒂芬·库里 |
[07:54] | or Cam Newton do it, | 或者凯姆·牛顿一样 |
[07:56] | by having the worst day of my life. | 比赛当天感觉史上最差 |
[08:00] | Playing a draw sets up the approach better. | 左曲球有助于把球打上果岭 |
[08:02] | Why didn’t you join another team? | 你为什么不加入别的游戏团队 |
[08:04] | Vin blacklisted me. | 文把我加入了黑名单 |
[08:05] | Nothing official or anything, | 全面禁止我参赛 |
[08:07] | but I guess the other owners bought into his lie. | 其他公司老板相信了他的鬼话 |
[08:09] | Overnight, | 一夜之间 |
[08:11] | I went from number one to nothing. | 我从第一跌到倒数第一 |
[08:17] | This game, | 这游戏 |
[08:19] | this team, | 这团队 |
[08:21] | it was my life. | 是我的一切 |
[08:24] | When I was four, my mom bought me | 四岁时 妈妈在易趣网 |
[08:26] | a used game console on eBay. | 为我买了一台二手游戏机 |
[08:28] | I never stopped playing. | 从那以后 我迷上了游戏 |
[08:30] | It was an escape? | 这是一种逃避现实吗 |
[08:31] | From the crappy one-bedroom | 你说的是逃避六个人 |
[08:32] | row house with six people inside? | 挤在只有一间卧室的破烂排屋 |
[08:35] | Yeah. | 那就是了 |
[08:40] | Nice shot. | 好球 |
[08:42] | I’m still gonna win. | 不过 赢的还是我 |
[08:54] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[08:55] | I’m fine. | 好着呢 |
[09:00] | Yipped it. | 漂亮 |
[09:07] | Jace? | 杰斯 |
[09:10] | For some people, winning is an addiction, | 对某些人 胜利就是一种瘾 |
[09:13] | it’s physiological, it’s in their blood. | 生理需要 天性所然 |
[09:15] | And for other people? | 而对于其他人 |
[09:16] | It’s psychological. | 胜利是一种心理需要 |
[09:17] | It’s something they… need. | 就是一种… 需求 |
[09:20] | But you losing intentionally? | 你故意输掉比赛 |
[09:21] | I don’t think you’re capable of it. | 我认为你无法做得出来 |
[09:24] | All right. Now that you know I didn’t throw the game, | 好吧 既然你知道我没有故意输 |
[09:26] | double or nothing. | 赌注加倍 |
[09:28] | Because you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[09:30] | Seems like you have to win just as much as I do. | 你似乎和我一样 都很想赢 |
[09:43] | This is Jace’s gameplay from that night. | 这是杰斯的比赛画面 |
[09:46] | I can’t tell whether he’s trying or not. | 我无法辨别出他是否在造假 |
[09:48] | How do we prove to the jury that he didn’t throw the game? | 怎么向陪审团证明 他没有故意输掉比赛 |
[09:50] | We’ll get experts to dissect the moves for the jury. | 请专家分析玩家的游戏动作 |
[09:53] | Testify that Jace’s play was inconsistent with someone | 证明杰斯的举动不符合 |
[09:55] | who was intentionally losing. | 比赛造假者的行为 |
[09:57] | No, because then they’ll get experts | 不行 控方也会请专家 |
[09:59] | to testify that he was trying to lose. | 去证明他尝试输掉比赛 |
[10:01] | Can’t win a case on dueling experts. | 让专家互斗可赢不了案子 |
[10:03] | We’re asking the wrong questions. | 我们提出的问题错了 |
[10:04] | It’s not, “Did he intentionally lose?” | 不该是”他有没有造假” |
[10:07] | It’s, “Could he intentionally lose?” | 而是”他会不会造假” |
[10:09] | We put his character on trial. | 我们在庭审时利用他的人品做文章 |
[10:11] | The other side will. | 控方也会跟着 |
[10:13] | They’ll say he’s a cheater. | 他们会指控他是个骗子 |
[10:15] | So, our strategy is to paint Jace as a competitor | 我们的策略就是将杰斯描绘成一个竞争者 |
[10:18] | who wants to win so badly, he could never throw a game. | 求胜欲超强 绝对不会故意输掉比赛 |
[10:21] | Hmm, talk to his teammates. | 找他的队友 |
[10:22] | Get them to testify to that. | 让他们出庭作证 |
[10:24] | We’ll need a better mock jury pool. | 那需要更好的模拟陪审团人选 |
[10:25] | They still haven’t landed on the right configuration. | 但人选的范围还没确定下来 |
[10:28] | Let’s cast a wider net: gamers, sports fans, | 扩大范围 找游戏玩家 体育迷 |
[10:30] | cheaters and people who hate cheaters. | 骗子以及讨厌骗子的人 |
[10:32] | On it. | 好的 |
[10:33] | Let’s see where Danny is with the money. | 我们去看看丹尼怎么花这笔钱 |
[10:35] | $200 million was bet on this game. | 本场比赛的赌注高达两亿美元 |
[10:38] | At 25 to one odds, somebody won big time. | 按照一赔二十五的赔率 某人大赚一笔了 |
[10:43] | Making sure Jace is clean? | 确保杰斯是清白的 |
[10:45] | And let’s find who’s dirty. | 那就看谁是黑手 |
[10:47] | So, you’re the expert. | 你是专家 |
[10:49] | What’s their jury move going to be? | 对方会怎么挑选陪审员 |
[10:51] | Vin’s the team owner, the man in charge. | 文是团队的老板 发号施令的人 |
[10:54] | Oh, so they’ll stack the jury | 所以 他们想要的陪审员 |
[10:56] | with people who respect Vin as the boss: | 就是尊重文的老板身份 |
[10:58] | authority figures. | 服从权威人士 |
[10:59] | Who do you want to see on the jury? | 你想挑出什么样的陪审团 |
[11:01] | Well, initially I was thinking sports players, but now… | 我最初想选运动员 但现在… |
[11:03] | people who resent authority. | 我改为选藐视权威的人 |
[11:05] | Our mock trials showed only one group | 模拟庭审显示 只有一组人 |
[11:07] | consistently sided with Jace: people with horrible bosses. | 支持杰斯 他们的老板都很苛刻 |
[11:10] | They think Vin shafted him, | 他们认为文对他使诈 |
[11:12] | and they want to see him pay for the daily indignities | 模拟陪审员每天也受到老板的侮辱 |
[11:16] | they suffer under their own horrible bosses. | 所以希望文为羞辱员工付出代价 |
[11:18] | Ah, I can work with that, | 我会利用好这情报的 |
[11:20] | but there’s one small snag: | 不过有一个小问题 |
[11:21] | the judge’s docket is backed up, | 法官的待审案子太多了 |
[11:23] | so he’s going with a blind strike voir dire to speed things up. | 所以他要预审 盲除陪审员 来加快进程 |
[11:27] | What the hell’s a blind strike? | 盲除陪审员是什么鬼东西 |
[11:28] | Well, normally, attorneys take turns | 一般来说 律师会轮流 |
[11:30] | striking jurors in open court, but… | 在庭上排除陪审员 但是… |
[11:31] | But with blind strikes, | 若是盲除的话 |
[11:32] | each side makes their lists in private. | 两边会私下列出人选 |
[11:34] | Then we give them to the judge at the same time, | 并同时递交给法官 |
[11:36] | so we have to guess who the other side will strike. | 所以 我们得猜测对方会排除哪些陪审员 |
[11:39] | So, you could waste a strike on the same juror. | 所以 如果两边排除的人相同 机会就浪费了 |
[11:41] | The dreaded double strike, which… | 这就是我们所担心的双重排除 |
[11:43] | Which we do everything we can to avoid. | 我们会尽力避免 |
[11:44] | How do you do that? | 你如何避免呢 |
[11:46] | By getting the other side to… | 让对方… |
[11:47] | Oh, I’m sorry, would you like to finish? | 不好意思 你想把话说完吗 |
[11:50] | Only if you need me to. | 你不需要我来说 就可以继续 |
[11:54] | By getting the other side to strike jurors for us. | 让对方帮我们排除陪审员 |
[11:58] | Ms. Walsh, your jury. | 沃尔什小姐 你的陪审团 |
[12:01] | She can pull off a purple power suit. | 她真能驾驭这套紫色的权力套装 |
[12:05] | All right, Marissa, I’m plugged in and ready. | 好的 玛丽莎 我准备好了 |
[12:07] | First up. Walter: 42, architect, | 首先出场的是沃尔特 四十二岁 建筑师 |
[12:10] | buttoned-up, dots his “I”S crosses his “T”S. | 做事一声不吭 对细节也一丝不苟 |
[12:12] | His boss took credit for one of his designs, | 他的老板冒用了他的一个设计 |
[12:14] | and won an industry award. | 然后取得了业内的奖项 |
[12:16] | He almost jumped out of his chair | 当法官落锤的时候 |
[12:17] | when the judge banged the gavel. | 他差点从椅子上跳了起来 |
[12:19] | Makes me think he might have a problem with authority. | 这让我觉得他可能不愿服从权威 |
[12:21] | Getting intel on a comm? | 把我们的线人安插在陪审团里吗 |
[12:23] | Cool. | 有意思 |
[12:24] | We want Walter, so that means | 我们想留住沃尔特 这就意味着 |
[12:26] | the defense will want to strike him. | 辩方将会想排除他 |
[12:27] | Mm, which is why we expose his stickler side, | 所以 我们要展现他吹毛求疵的一面 |
[12:31] | make him look like a guy who hates breaking | 让他看上去像一个 |
[12:33] | even the smallest of rules, | 连鸡毛蒜皮的规定都不愿违反的人 |
[12:35] | and that way the defense will want him, too, | 这样 辩方就会留住他 |
[12:37] | ’cause they’ll think he has respect for the boss’s rules. | 他们会觉得他会尊重老板定下的规定 |
[12:40] | Do typos and grammatical mistakes bother you? | 见到拼写错误和语法错误 你会看不顺眼吗 |
[12:42] | They’re annoying. | 它们很烦人 |
[12:43] | – What about punctuation errors? – Not my favorite. | – 那么标点的错误呢 – 不怎么喜欢 |
[12:45] | Ending sentences with prepositions? | 把介词用于句尾呢 |
[12:47] | Please. | 拜托 |
[12:49] | Let’s just say I don’t like them, okay? | 我说白了 都不喜欢 可以吗 |
[12:54] | Looks like they took the bait. | 看来他们上钩了 |
[12:56] | You’re devious, I love it. | 你真阴险 我喜欢 |
[13:03] | Five minutes left, guys. | 大家注意 还有五分钟 |
[13:04] | Okay. One strike left. | 好的 还要排除一个人 |
[13:06] | Arlo or Connie. | 在阿洛和康妮中二选一 |
[13:08] | Arlo, 43. VP of a cosmetics company. | 阿洛 43岁 化妆品公司副总裁 |
[13:11] | His department has the highest turnover rate of the company, | 他的部门有着全公司 甚至全世界 |
[13:14] | and possibly the world. | 最高的员工流动率 |
[13:16] | Oh, epitome of the horrible boss. | 典型的垃圾老板 |
[13:18] | He’ll love Vin. Strike. | 他会爱上文的 排除 |
[13:22] | I agree we don’t want him, but you got him | 我也认为我们不想留住他 |
[13:25] | to admit that he likes playing Frisbee, | 但他已经对你表明 他热爱飞盘 |
[13:27] | a sport he likened to Titanfall. | 他说那运动和泰坦陨落很像 |
[13:30] | So, they’ll use a strike on him. | 所以 对方会排除他 |
[13:31] | No need for us to waste one on Arlo. | 我们不需要浪费我们的机会 |
[13:33] | Unless they don’t, then we’re stuck with him. | 如果对方没有排除 那他就要进入陪审团了 |
[13:35] | They’ll strike him. | 对方会申请排除的 |
[13:36] | Vin’s attorney isn’t a risk-taker. | 文的律师不爱冒险 |
[13:38] | He won’t mind giving up a strike to get his way. | 为了达成他的目的 他不会介意浪费一次机会 |
[13:41] | I won’t take the risk, either. | 我也不会冒这个险 |
[13:43] | We strike Arlo. | 我们排除阿洛 |
[13:44] | We need to strike Connie. | 我们需要排除康妮 |
[13:46] | Connie’s 65, secretary by day, | 康妮 六十五岁 早上是秘书 |
[13:48] | animal activist by night. | 晚上是动物维权份子 |
[13:50] | Takes in rescues and attends animal rights rallies. | 收留了不少动物 也参与了许多动物权益游行 |
[13:53] | She sees herself as a saver of lives. | 她认为自己是生命的救赎者 |
[13:55] | She’ll have little patience for those who take them, | 她对那些认为动物权益不存在的人 |
[13:57] | virtual or otherwise. | 没什么耐性 |
[13:59] | We strike Connie, they strike Arlo. | 我们排除康妮 他们排除阿洛 |
[14:03] | One juror can kill | 一个陪审员 |
[14:05] | our entire case. | 可以断送我们整件案子 |
[14:06] | Connie’s a question mark. | 康妮是个未知数 |
[14:07] | Arlo is poison. | 阿洛是个祸害 |
[14:08] | I hate question marks. | 我讨厌未知数 |
[14:10] | I agree with Bull. | 布尔说得对 |
[14:14] | Do I have to leave again? | 我得再次出去吗 |
[14:15] | I just want to win. | 我就是想赢 |
[14:17] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[14:18] | Okay, guys, clock’s ticking. | 伙计们 时间不多了 |
[14:20] | Well, that makes three of us. | 看来我们三人都想赢 |
[14:23] | If Bull is wrong, | 如果布尔错了 |
[14:24] | which believe it or not, is possible, | 无论你信不信 他都有可能犯错 |
[14:26] | then Arlo will infect the entire jury. | 那么阿洛会影响整个陪审团 |
[14:27] | I need to go with my gut here. | 我要跟随我内心的想法 |
[14:28] | We strike Arlo | 我们排除阿洛 |
[14:29] | and we take our chances with Connie. | 冒险留住康妮 |
[14:31] | Do we need to revisit the ground rules? | 我们需要重新回顾一下规则吗 |
[14:34] | You’re the boss. | 你是老板 |
[14:38] | Okay, juror 22, thank you for your service. | 好的 二十二号陪审员 谢谢你抽空前来 |
[14:41] | Arlo, you’re excused. | 阿洛 你可以走了 |
[14:43] | Number 23, could you please take his seat. | 二十三号 麻烦你可以坐他的位置吗 |
[14:46] | They struck Arlo. | 他们排除了阿洛 |
[14:48] | We both did, the dreaded double strike, | 我们都排除了 正是我们所担心的双重排除 |
[14:50] | and now we’re stuck with Connie. | 我们不得不接受康妮 |
[14:53] | So much for your gut. | 多亏了你的第六感 |
[14:57] | Abigail was right. | 阿比盖尔是对的 |
[15:00] | We had no shot with Arlo on the jury… | 阿洛在陪审团我们是赢不了的… |
[15:03] | but if she’d trusted me, | 但如果她相信我的话 |
[15:04] | we would’ve avoided Connie, too. | 我们也不会把康妮加进来 |
[15:06] | Trust has to be earned, I guess. | 可能信任是要人去争取的吧 |
[15:08] | Connie’s looking at me | 康妮看我的眼神 |
[15:10] | like I’m stuck on the bottom of her shoe. | 感觉就像是我粘在了她鞋底上 |
[15:12] | Well, then… | 那么 |
[15:13] | it’s a good thing we love challenges, isn’t it? | 还好我们热爱挑战 不是吗 |
[15:20] | Oh. | 噢 |
[15:22] | Hey, I like the scruff. | 我喜欢你的胡茬 |
[15:24] | Things have changed since you graduated | 自从你升职 不再是外勤之后 |
[15:26] | from being a field agent. | 很多东西都变了 |
[15:27] | I guess you can do what you want, | 可能你可以为所欲为吧 |
[15:29] | now that you’re the big SAC. | 现在你是个大特工 |
[15:30] | I prefer… | 我还是希望 |
[15:31] | Special Agent in Charge. | 你叫我特工主管 |
[15:33] | Made it easier to get you what you wanted. | 让你更方便拿到你想要的东西 |
[15:36] | You’d be amazed how much gambling is in sports. | 你会对博彩业对体育的影响规模感到十分惊讶 |
[15:39] | The game had millions bet on it. | 这场比赛 别人下了上百万的注 |
[15:42] | Most of the betting on the game was underground. | 大部分的注都是在地下赌庄下的 |
[15:45] | Bahamas-based supply packaging companies… | 位于巴哈马的包装提供商 |
[15:47] | fronts for offshore gambling. | 离岸赌博的桥头堡 |
[15:50] | That’s a lot of bets, | 这赌注可真多 |
[15:51] | but I’m not seeing anything over 20 grand. | 但我没看见有超过两万的赌注 |
[15:53] | Follow the credit cards. | 追踪信用卡记录 |
[15:54] | There’s some repeat offenders there. | 有些人是重犯 |
[15:56] | Must have been intense playing with Jace. | 和杰斯对决肯定很激烈吧 |
[15:58] | Understatement of the year. | 年度保守评论 |
[15:59] | The guy practiced 16 hours a day. | 那个人每天练习十六个小时 |
[16:02] | So did we just to keep up with him. | 就为了能跟上他 我们也这么做了 |
[16:03] | If he made the tiniest slip, he’d beat himself up, | 只要他犯了丝毫的错误 他就会责备自己的 |
[16:06] | like it was all on his shoulders. | 好像一切都是他的责任一样 |
[16:10] | Any chance he threw it? | 他有可能放弃比赛吗 |
[16:11] | I’ve been asking myself that, | 我也一直在问自己这个问题 |
[16:12] | but if you saw him right after the game, | 但如果你在比赛后看到他了 |
[16:14] | he was in shock. | 他惊呆了 |
[16:16] | You’ll testify to that? | 你会为此作证吗 |
[16:17] | Yeah, if it’d do any good. | 如果这有用的话 我会的 |
[16:19] | Why wouldn’t it? | 怎么就没用了呢 |
[16:20] | Our team was pretty special. | 我们队伍很特别 |
[16:21] | We won the championship four times in a row, | 我们之前连续四次蝉联冠军赛 |
[16:23] | but Vin broke us up just to punish Jace. | 但文为了惩罚杰斯 就把我们拆散了 |
[16:25] | Even if Jace wins the case, | 就算杰斯赢了这单案子 |
[16:27] | we’ll never get the team back. | 这队伍我们也重建不回来了 |
[16:31] | Ask Yuna. She’ll tell you the same thing. | 去问尤娜 她也会这么对你说的 |
[16:33] | It’s not like Dewey’s | 杜威不是一个烂队长 |
[16:34] | a bad team leader, he’s trying, | 他正在尝试带领好这个队伍 |
[16:36] | and clearly, he likes being in charge, but… | 很明显 他也喜欢领导他人 但是… |
[16:38] | He’s no Jace. | 他不是杰斯 |
[16:40] | Dewey’s young. | 杜威还很年轻 |
[16:41] | Jace is old, like, 25. | 但杰斯大了 已经二十五了 |
[16:44] | And Jace knew how to make us want to win, | 杰斯知道如何让我们想要去赢 |
[16:45] | you know, play as a team. | 就是作为一个团队那样 |
[16:47] | And we tried harder | 我们加倍努力的去做 |
[16:48] | because we didn’t want to let him down. | 因为我们不想让他失望 |
[16:50] | You don’t think he lost intentionally. | 所以你觉得他不是故意输掉比赛的 |
[16:51] | No, no. No, he wanted it too badly. | 是的 他非常想赢 |
[16:54] | He was just a bit off that day, that’s all. | 他那天只不过是有些不对劲而已 就是这样 |
[16:59] | You miss him. | 你想念他了 |
[17:01] | We all lived together in a gaming house. | 我们都住在一个游戏屋里 |
[17:03] | Worked, played, | 一起工作 一起玩 |
[17:05] | practiced, 24/7. | 一起练习 时时刻刻在一起 |
[17:06] | But nothing ever happened between us. | 但是我们两个之间什么都没发生过 |
[17:08] | Jace was very clear, | 杰斯说的很清楚 |
[17:09] | he didn’t want anything to interfere with the team dynamic. | 他不希望有任何事干扰整个团队的状态 |
[17:11] | What about now? | 那现在呢 |
[17:13] | The second he was gone, Vin excommunicated him. | 他前脚一走 文后脚就把他给开除了 |
[17:16] | No texts, calls, nothing. | 没有短信 没有电话 什么都没有 |
[17:20] | So, yeah, I… I miss him. | 所以 是的 我想念他了 |
[17:24] | Sorry, I won’t get this emotional | 对不起 我出庭的时候不会 |
[17:25] | – No. – on the stand. | – 没关系 – 这么情绪化 |
[17:26] | I want you to be exactly like this. | 我想要的就是你现在这样 |
[17:28] | Don’t change a thing. | 别做任何改变 |
[17:30] | You’re gonna be a perfect character witness for Jace. | 你将会是杰斯完美的品德信誉见证人 |
[17:34] | I’m an avid gardener. | 我是一名热心的园丁 |
[17:35] | I’m an avid gardener. | 我是一名热心的园丁 |
[17:37] | I rescue distressed animals. | 我拯救那些可怜的动物 |
[17:38] | I rescue distressed animals. | 我拯救那些可怜的动物 |
[17:40] | I listen to heavy metal. | 我听重金属音乐 |
[17:41] | I listen to heavy metal. | 我听重金属音乐 |
[17:43] | The mirror jurors are evenly split after opening statements. | 他们在开庭陈词后把镜面陪审员平均分散开了 |
[17:45] | Connie is leading the dark side. | 康妮在往不好的一面诱导 |
[17:47] | Well, let’s bring her to the light. | 那我们就把她带到好的这面来 |
[17:49] | Ever heard of the IKEA effect? | 你听说过宜家效应吗 |
[17:51] | I imagine I’m going to. | 我觉得你要讲给我听了 |
[17:52] | It’s a cognitive bias | 它说的是一种认知偏差 |
[17:54] | where consumers place a higher value | 消费者看待他们付出过努力的东西时 |
[17:55] | on a thing they have put work into. | 会觉得它们更有价值一些 |
[17:57] | Like building furniture; it makes them like it more | 例如比起组装好的家具来说 |
[17:59] | than if they bought it assembled. | 他们会更喜欢自己组装的家具 |
[18:01] | We get Connie | 我们通过让康妮喜欢上 |
[18:02] | to invest in Jace | 泰坦陨落这个电子游戏 |
[18:03] | by enjoying the video game Titanfall, | 好让她对杰斯有好感 |
[18:06] | she’ll be converted by the end of the trial. | 这样在审判结束时她就会转变看法了 |
[18:08] | Hey, so, I called in a favor from a friend at the Bureau. | 嘿 我给局里的一个朋友打电话询问 |
[18:10] | Thousands of bets were made | 他说这场游戏上有很多人下了赌注 |
[18:13] | on the big game, but mostly small. | 但大部分赌注都很小 |
[18:14] | When I started cross-reffing some of the larger ones, | 当我开始详查那些大赌注时 |
[18:16] | I found several were from corporate sells, | 我发现有些是来自企业销售的 |
[18:19] | that, um, all came from the same offshore bank. | 他们都来自同一个银行账户 |
[18:22] | Someone wanted to bury a big bet. How much? | 有人想要埋下一笔大赌注 有多少钱 |
[18:24] | 500 grand, but all against Jace. | 五十万美元 但都是押杰斯输的 |
[18:26] | The odds were 25 to one, he was unbeatable. | 赔率是二十五比一 他无敌了 |
[18:29] | No one would risk that unless it was a sure thing. | 除非特别确定 不然没人会冒这么大的风险 |
[18:31] | That gives Jace a very good reason to lose. | 这是杰斯输掉比赛的一个很好的理由 |
[18:47] | Your lawyer’s here. | 你的律师来了 |
[18:49] | Actually, I’m not a lawyer. | 其实我不算是一名律师 |
[18:52] | So I’m gonna go. | 所以我要走了 |
[18:53] | Go where? | 你要去哪里 |
[18:56] | Anywhere without lawyers. | 没有律师的地方 |
[19:00] | She’s a keeper. | 她很会照顾人 |
[19:02] | This isn’t what she signed up for. | 她可不这么想 |
[19:04] | I can imagine. | 我能想象得到 |
[19:07] | I know about the bet. | 我知道赌注的事了 |
[19:09] | What bet? | 什么赌注 |
[19:12] | One hour before the match that you lost, | 在你输掉的那场比赛的一小时之前 |
[19:15] | someone put $500,000 down on the other team. | 有人拿五十万美元押对方赢 |
[19:18] | At 25 to one, that’s… | 赔率是二十五比一 那就是… |
[19:20] | $12.5 million. | 一千二百五十万美元 |
[19:21] | Who would make that bet? | 谁会下那种赌注呢 |
[19:24] | Should’ve been 50 to one. | 赔率应该是五十比一的 |
[19:28] | You think I placed the bet and tanked the match. | 你觉得是我下的注然后故意输掉比赛的 |
[19:31] | I did when I sat down. | 我坐下的时候还是这么想的 |
[19:33] | Something change your mind? | 是什么改变了你的主意 |
[19:35] | It’s called the Pinocchio effect. | 是匹诺曹效应 |
[19:37] | When a person lies, | 当一个人撒谎了 |
[19:38] | there’s a slight increase in temperature | 鼻子和眼眶内的肌肉 |
[19:40] | to the nose and orbital muscle, | 会有一丝温度的增高 |
[19:42] | causes a little bit of redness. | 导致它们变得有些红 |
[19:44] | No red nose, | 你鼻子没红 |
[19:46] | plus you scratched your neck. | 而且你还在挠脖子 |
[19:47] | Which means? | 能说明什么 |
[19:48] | You’re wondering the same thing. | 你也在想到底是谁 |
[19:52] | So, who’s $12.5 million richer? | 那么坐拥一千二百五十万的人是谁呢 |
[19:55] | That’s the question. We’re gonna keep digging. | 问题就出在这里 我们得继续深挖 |
[19:57] | You know, Vin says the only way you could’ve lost this match | 文说你根本不可能输掉比赛 |
[19:59] | is if you’d thrown it. | 除非你是故意这么做的 |
[20:01] | He’s never played it, so he doesn’t get it, | 他从来没玩过这个游戏 所以他根本不懂 |
[20:04] | but anyone who actually gives it a chance, they love it. | 无论是谁如果试着玩上一局 就会爱上它的 |
[20:07] | And if you really love it, why the hell would you ever | 如果你真的很爱它 你怎么会 |
[20:09] | throw a game? | 故意输掉呢 |
[20:12] | Then let’s get the jury to love it. | 那么我们就让陪审团的人爱上它 |
[20:15] | So, what are we looking at here? | 我们现在看的是什么 |
[20:17] | An introduction to the masterpiece known as Titanfall, | 我来介绍一下泰坦陨落这部杰作 |
[20:21] | a sci-fi fantasy first-person shooter game. | 它是一款第一人称的科幻类游戏 |
[20:24] | Two teams of four fight each other | 每队的四个人互相打斗 |
[20:26] | until one team has destroyed the other’s base. | 直到一方的基地被对方摧毁为游戏结束 |
[20:28] | To be successful, you need teamwork, strategy. | 为了取得成功 你需要团队合作和策略 |
[20:31] | Like most companies? | 大多数公司不就是这样运营的吗 |
[20:32] | Yeah, but we slay enemy forces, | 是的 但是我们可以削减敌人的力量 |
[20:35] | save civilians. It’s… fantasy. | 拯救平民 这里充满了各种幻想 |
[20:38] | But still, it’s-it’s just a game. | 但不管怎么说 它只是个游戏 |
[20:39] | Why are so many people attracted to it? | 为什么能够吸引那么多人呢 |
[20:41] | You get to be a heroic warrior who saves mankind. | 你能够成为一名拯救人类的英雄战士 |
[20:44] | For a lot of people, | 对于很多人来说 |
[20:46] | it beats the hell out of real life. | 会觉得比现实生活更有存在感 |
[20:50] | So, could we | 所以 现在 |
[20:52] | play the game right now? | 我们可以开始玩了吗 |
[20:53] | Yeah, sure. | 当然可以 |
[20:54] | Just touch your screen to start. | 点击屏幕就可以开始了 |
[20:56] | Customize your character to reflect your own personality. | 自定义能够反映你个人性格的角色 |
[20:59] | Just let your imagination run wild. | 尽情的发散你的思维吧 |
[21:01] | That’s what made me fall in love with the game. | 就是这点让我爱上了这个游戏 |
[21:03] | Now, though, it’s all about the competition. | 现在一切都是关乎比赛的 |
[21:05] | Okay, I chose my avatar. | 好了 我选好我的角色了 |
[21:06] | Everyone choose theirs? | 大家都选好了吗 |
[21:08] | Not yet, hold on. | 还没呢 等一下 |
[21:09] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[21:10] | Oh, all right, take your time. | 好的 慢慢来 |
[21:12] | We’ll wait. | 我们等你 |
[21:16] | I have to say, you were good in there. | 我不得不说 你在庭上表现得很好 |
[21:19] | I thought it went well. | 我觉得进行的很顺利 |
[21:21] | I get the feeling you think I’m the enemy. | 我觉得你认为我是你的敌人 |
[21:23] | We’re allies, you know. | 你得清楚 我们是盟友 |
[21:25] | Sounds like you want me to sign a treaty. | 听起来你还想让我签个协议 |
[21:27] | Well, I happen to know | 我碰巧知道一家 |
[21:28] | this great restaurant called Versailles. | 特别棒的餐馆 叫凡尔赛 |
[21:35] | You’re cute. | 你真可爱 |
[21:39] | But I don’t date employees. | 但是我不跟我的员工约会 |
[21:48] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[21:53] | Crap! | 妈的 |
[21:55] | Did I just die again? | 我是又死了吗 |
[21:56] | You’ll-you’ll respawn in a minute. | 你一会就会重生的 |
[21:57] | But a pro tip: don’t block with your face. | 给你个专业提示 别用脸去挡枪 |
[21:59] | Right, I respawn. | 你说得对 我重生了 |
[22:01] | Not sure I want to do that. | 我不太确定我想那么做 |
[22:03] | Oh! Killer in the house. | 都打进家里了 |
[22:05] | I knew you played. Why’d you stop? | 我知道你以前玩过 为什么不玩了 |
[22:08] | I told you, it was too addictive. | 我告诉过你 这个太容易上瘾了 |
[22:11] | She is so lying. | 她可真能撒谎 |
[22:13] | Did you see how she kind of moved her head a little bit? | 你看见她微微转了一下头吗 |
[22:15] | – Uh-huh. – Oh, yeah. | – 看见了 – 是的 |
[22:16] | – Uh-huh. – There was a guy involved. | – 可不 – 一定牵扯到小男生 |
[22:17] | – Come on. – Okay, yes. | – 快说 – 好吧 是的 |
[22:19] | – Wes. – Wes? | – 他叫韦斯 – 韦斯 |
[22:21] | He was just this stupid guy that I had a crush on. | 他是个我很喜欢的蠢家伙 |
[22:23] | A game designer | 一个迷上了 |
[22:24] | that got hooked on his own product, | 自己产品的游戏设计师 |
[22:27] | very ironically, | 很讽刺吧 |
[22:28] | and soon, that’s all he was doing… | 没过多久 他就只顾着玩游戏了 |
[22:29] | Eating and sleeping | 无论是吃还是睡 |
[22:31] | in front of the screen. | 都没有离开过屏幕 |
[22:32] | I had to get out. | 我得逃离这种生活 |
[22:33] | Ah, crap. There you go. I died again. | 妈的 这下好了 我又死了 |
[22:36] | Mm, yeah. Good game. | 好游戏 |
[22:38] | Great game. Mm-hmm. | 真棒 |
[22:40] | I’m gonna go see how they’re doing in court. | 我去看看法庭那边怎么样了 |
[22:44] | Is that Wes? | 那是韦斯吗 |
[22:46] | – Shh. – That’s the dude. | – 嘘 – 真是那家伙 |
[22:47] | No… | 不… |
[22:48] | No, that’s him. | 就是他 |
[22:49] | That’s your ex. | 你前男友 |
[22:50] | – Ooh. – Enough. | – 天哪 – 够了 |
[22:52] | He… he knows where you’re at. | 他知道你在呢 |
[22:54] | You should really get Wes to analyze Jace’s gameplay. | 你真该让韦斯研究下杰斯的玩法 |
[22:59] | Hundreds, if not thousands of gamers | 就算没有上千 也有上百玩家 |
[23:02] | have analyzed the footage and not one expert | 分析过比赛镜头 却无行家认为 |
[23:04] | has said that Jace deliberately threw the finals. | 杰斯是故意输掉决赛的 |
[23:07] | What do you think, Mendel? | 孟德尔 你怎么想 |
[23:08] | No way he threw it. | 他绝非故意 |
[23:09] | Jace hated to lose. And he would never hurt the team. | 杰斯讨厌输 他绝不会害团队 |
[23:11] | Why would Mr. Gallico make such an accusation? | 加利科先生为何会提出这样的指控呢 |
[23:15] | I couldn’t say. | 我说不好 |
[23:16] | He and Jace had a lot of disagreements. | 他和杰斯有很多分歧 |
[23:19] | The owners make millions. | 老板都赚翻了 |
[23:20] | Jace wanted us | 杰斯想让 |
[23:21] | to get a bigger piece of the pie. | 我们也分一杯羹 |
[23:22] | Not surprisingly, Vin disagreed. | 意料之中 文不同意 |
[23:24] | You are one of the best players in the world, | 你也是个世界顶尖选手 |
[23:26] | so I’m assuming that means you have | 我猜 你的薪水 |
[23:28] | – one of the highest salaries. – No, I don’t | – 也很高 – 不 我的薪水 |
[23:30] | Make as much as some of the players on other teams. | 低于其他队的一些选手 |
[23:33] | Then why not go play for one of those other teams? | 那为何不去别的队效力呢 |
[23:35] | I have a non-compete clause in my contract. | 我合同里有项竞业限制条款 |
[23:37] | I’m not allowed to play for another team | 如果我离队了 三年内 |
[23:38] | for three years if I leave. | 我不能为它队效力 |
[23:39] | But like I said, I’m not complaining. | 就像我刚讲的 我不是在抱怨 |
[23:40] | Because you know what happens if you do complain? | 是因为你清楚抱怨的后果吗 |
[23:42] | You get defamed, fired, and blacklisted. | 你会被诽谤 解雇 列入黑名单 |
[23:44] | Objection! | 反对 |
[23:45] | Withdrawn. | 撤回 |
[23:47] | Nothing further. | 我没问题了 |
[23:51] | Sounds like my boss. | 听着像我老板 |
[23:53] | I do all the work, he makes all the money. | 工作我干 钱却归他 |
[23:55] | Never thought I’d feel sorry for these guys. | 我可不会同情这种人 |
[23:57] | Roger’s hating on Vin. | 罗杰讨厌文 |
[23:58] | Yep. Heart rates are elevated, | 没错 他心率加快 |
[24:00] | biometrics show agitation. | 生物波检测仪显示大幅波动 |
[24:01] | The mirrors have moved to eight to four, | 镜面陪审员已经变成 八比四 |
[24:03] | but Connie isn’t budging. | 但康妮还是不为所动 |
[24:04] | What happened to the IKEA effect? | 宜家效应怎么不起作用了 |
[24:06] | Playing the game should have given her | 玩过游戏后 她理应更欣赏 |
[24:08] | more appreciation for what Jace does. | 杰斯的所为 |
[24:10] | That ungrateful brat is getting paid | 这个没良心的臭小子 他得到 |
[24:12] | to play video games. | 玩电竞该得的钱了 |
[24:14] | She clearly doesn’t build enough furniture. | 显然她组装的家具还不够多 |
[24:17] | We’ll have to try a new strategy for her. | 该对她实施新策略了 |
[24:19] | Well, our next witness is Yuna. | 我们下个证人是尤娜 |
[24:21] | Yuna’s been prepped to speak Connie’s language. | 尤娜已准备好站在康妮的立场了 |
[24:23] | Yuna, would you say you know Jace | 尤娜 你认为自己比其他人 |
[24:25] | better than anyone? | 都了解杰斯吗 |
[24:26] | He’s my best friend. | 他是我最好的朋友 |
[24:28] | Can you tell us what happened | 你能告诉我们 冠军赛中 |
[24:30] | during the championship game? | 发生了什么吗 |
[24:31] | He made a mistake. | 他犯了个错 |
[24:32] | It happens to all of us. | 这种事在所难免 |
[24:33] | Thank you. Nothing further. | 谢谢 没有问题了 |
[24:39] | Had you ever witnessed | 那晚之前 |
[24:41] | Jace make a mistake before that night? | 你见过杰斯犯错吗 |
[24:43] | Yeah, a-a few. | 有几次 |
[24:44] | Five, a hundred, a thousand? | 五次 百次 还是千次 |
[24:46] | Closer to five. | 差不多五次 |
[24:47] | You don’t get to be world number one | 漏洞百出的人 |
[24:49] | by making a lot of mistakes. | 不可能成为第一 |
[24:50] | And how many mistakes did he make during the finals? | 那他在决赛里犯错了几次 |
[24:52] | He…he made a few. | 他犯了几次 |
[24:53] | A few? | 几次呢 |
[24:54] | Five, a hundred… | 五次 百次… |
[24:55] | Closer to five. He had a bad night. | 差不多五次 他那晚状态不佳 |
[24:58] | If in one night, | 如果他一晚上 |
[24:59] | he made the same number of mistakes as he’d made | 犯错的次数和六年来所犯错误的 |
[25:01] | in the previous six years, | 次数一样 |
[25:03] | it sounds like something much more than a bad night. | 似乎就不只是状态不佳了吧 |
[25:08] | Biometrics are shifting. | 生物波检测仪呈现波动 |
[25:10] | Jurors are feeling uneasy with this. | 陪审团也觉得有问题 |
[25:13] | Yuna will be fine. | 只要尤娜照着剧本来 |
[25:14] | As long as she sticks to the script. | 就没问题 |
[25:15] | So, Miss Kim, | 金小姐 |
[25:17] | over the course of six years of play, | 过去六年的比赛里 |
[25:18] | Jace Rundle had a record | 杰斯·朗德尔的记录是 |
[25:20] | of 118 wins and 12 losses. | 一百一十八胜 十二负 |
[25:22] | How do you explain this bad night? | 你要怎么解释那晚的状态不佳 |
[25:24] | He told me before the game he had a headache. | 他在比赛前告诉我 他头痛 |
[25:27] | A headache? | 头痛 |
[25:28] | That’s why he lost? | 这就是他失败的原因吗 |
[25:31] | At our level, gamers need to be 100%. | 我们这种程度 选手必须百分百投入 |
[25:34] | Any little thing can throw us off. | 任何小事都能让我们输掉比赛 |
[25:36] | This is new, she didn’t mention that. | 这倒新鲜了 她没提过这事 |
[25:38] | So much for the script. | 剧本里也没写 |
[25:39] | Her mouth may be smiling, but her eyes aren’t, | 她嘴上似乎在笑 眼睛却不是 |
[25:42] | and her speech baseline’s changed to third person. | 她叙事方式也转为第三人称了 |
[25:44] | She’s lying. | 她在说谎 |
[25:45] | Biometrics suggest | 生物波检测仪显示 |
[25:46] | our jurors sense they’re being lied to. | 我们的陪审员也是这么觉得的 |
[25:48] | And they don’t like it. | 他们很不满 |
[25:49] | Yuna was our kill shot, | 尤娜给了我们致命一击 |
[25:51] | and she just tanked the match. | 她把比赛都输掉了 |
[25:59] | We are still down four to eight. | 我们仍处下风 四比八 |
[26:02] | We have to switch our strategy. | 我们该换战略了 |
[26:03] | Instead of trying to prove that Jace was telling the truth, | 我们需要证明文在撒谎 |
[26:06] | we have to prove that Vin was telling a lie. | 而不是杰斯说了实话 |
[26:08] | Yeah, but why would Yuna lie? | 但尤娜为什么要撒谎呢 |
[26:10] | Maybe she thought that Jace threw the game | 或许她认为杰斯故意输了比赛 |
[26:12] | and was trying to protect him. | 所以想要保护他 |
[26:13] | I don’t think Jace threw it. | 我不认为杰斯是故意输的 |
[26:15] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[26:16] | So Dewey, his teammate, went on a shopping spree. | 杜威 他的队友 来了次疯狂购物 |
[26:19] | New car, new clothes, new watch… | 新车 新衣 新表… |
[26:21] | Wait, so you think Dewey | 等等 所以你认为杜威 |
[26:23] | bet against the team and tanked the match? | 压自己队输 然后故意输了比赛 |
[26:24] | But if Dewey threw the game, | 如果是杜威故意输的 |
[26:26] | why did Yuna lie? | 尤娜为何要撒谎呢 |
[26:27] | Chunk’s getting to bottom of it. | 特朗科去弄清真相了 |
[26:30] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[26:31] | Bull coming? | 布尔来了吗 |
[26:32] | Nope, just me. Chunk Palmer, | 不 只有我 特朗科·帕默 |
[26:34] | – big fan. – Thanks. | – 狂热粉丝 – 谢了 |
[26:35] | But since we’re here, what do you say | 既然我俩都在 玩一局 |
[26:37] | we get a quick game of the ‘Fall in, huh? | 泰坦坠落的快速模式如何 |
[26:38] | I’ve been working on a couple of moves | 我一直在琢磨几个动作 |
[26:39] | I think you’re going to find really interesting. | 我觉得你肯定感兴趣 |
[26:41] | Uh, sure. | 好吧 |
[26:43] | Awesome. All set up. | 准备好了 |
[26:46] | Go. | 开始 |
[26:47] | Are you sure you want to play me? | 真要和我比吗 |
[26:49] | Oh, yeah. I love this game. | 当然 我爱死这游戏了 |
[27:00] | So… | 那么… |
[27:01] | what was that move? | 刚刚的动作是怎么回事 |
[27:03] | You figure it out? | 你想不出来吗 |
[27:04] | No idea. | 想不出来 |
[27:06] | I’ll give you a hint. | 我给你个提示 |
[27:08] | Yuna committed perjury | 尤娜作了伪证 |
[27:09] | and I think you made her do it. | 我认为是你叫她干的 |
[27:13] | I have no interest in losing the case. | 我可不想输官司 |
[27:15] | So you decided to game the trial? | 你就决定操纵审判吗 |
[27:16] | I needed a credible story and everyone loves Yuna. | 我需要可信的故事 况且尤娜讨人喜欢 |
[27:19] | Your credible story is the truth, | 真相就是你可信的故事 |
[27:20] | and Yuna is a terrible liar. | 尤娜只是蹩脚的撒谎者 |
[27:24] | Now her credibility, as well as yours, is gone. | 现在 她和你一样 都不可信了 |
[27:28] | I… | 我… |
[27:30] | I was just… | 我只是… |
[27:32] | Trying to play Bull’s game. | 以为自己能跟布尔一样操控全局 |
[27:34] | Every bit as stupid as me trying | 这和我试着跟你打游戏 |
[27:36] | to play your game. | 赢个高下一样蠢 |
[27:38] | So, did you learn anything? | 知道错哪了吗 |
[27:43] | I need Bull. | 我需要布尔 |
[27:44] | Very good. Round two, | 知道就好 开始第二轮 |
[27:46] | we’re on the attack. | 轮到我们进攻了 |
[27:48] | We’re gonna turn the spotlight on Vin. | 我们要把焦点转移到文身上 |
[27:55] | I like the new place, Wes. | 我喜欢你的新家 韦斯 |
[27:57] | God, it’s been, what? | 天呐 我们多久没见了 |
[27:58] | – A year? – Pretty much. | – 有一年吗 – 差不多 |
[28:00] | I think this is the longest | 这大概是我见过的 |
[28:01] | I’ve seen you away from your keyboard. | 你离开键盘时间最长的一次了 |
[28:04] | How is everything with the game? | 游戏打得怎么样了 |
[28:05] | Well, actually, I don’t… | 事实上 我已经不… |
[28:06] | I don’t play anymore. | 我早就不玩了 |
[28:09] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[28:10] | Because you messaged me mid-game. | 你不是在游戏里给我发消息了吗 |
[28:12] | Yeah, well, um, I’m a developer, | 是发了 嗯 我是个研发人员 |
[28:15] | so I have to monitor all the games and everything. | 我必须得监测所有的游戏什么的 |
[28:17] | Oh, yeah, yeah, you were monitoring. | 这样啊 你在监测啊 |
[28:19] | Yeah, what can I say? I still love it. | 该怎么说呢 我还是爱这个游戏 |
[28:23] | So… | 所以… |
[28:25] | I texted you because I need a favor. | 我发信息给你是想找你帮个忙 |
[28:30] | Okay. | 说吧 |
[28:33] | I just sent you | 我把 |
[28:34] | the master file of the match Jace lost. | 杰斯输掉的那场比赛的视频发给你了 |
[28:36] | Would you take a look at it for me? | 能帮我看看吗 |
[28:37] | Yeah, of course. Anything for you. | 没问题 有需要尽管说 |
[28:40] | Cool. | 谢谢 |
[28:41] | Cool. | 别客气 |
[28:44] | Mr. Creuster, is it fair to say | 克鲁斯特先生 你觉得你和选手们 |
[28:46] | you share in the risk of each player’s career? | 共同承担着他们的职业风险 这说法正确吗 |
[28:49] | No, because I take all the risk. | 不正确 所有风险都由我一个人承担 |
[28:50] | These are untested 18-year-olds | 这些选手刚开始都只是些在父母 |
[28:52] | playing video games in their parents’ basement. | 地下室里玩游戏的业余爱好者而已 |
[28:54] | I provide room and board, security, | 我为他们提供住宿 安保 游戏设备 |
[28:56] | equipment and the best training money can buy. | 还有花钱能买到的最好的训练 |
[28:59] | They should be paying me. | 应该他们付钱给我的 |
[29:00] | Jace Rundle was just 19 | 你刚签下杰斯·朗德尔时 |
[29:02] | when you first signed him. | 他才十九岁是吗 |
[29:03] | At just over half a mil a year. | 一年不过挣五十万而已 |
[29:05] | And since then, he’s amassed | 从那以后他的职业比赛生涯便开始 |
[29:07] | an astonishing win-loss career of 118 and 12. | 风生水起 得了一百一十八胜十二负的好成绩是吗 |
[29:11] | 118 and 13. | 是十三负 |
[29:12] | Right. | 是的 |
[29:13] | So why would someone | 为什么一位 |
[29:15] | with such a superlative record | 比赛记录如此优异的选手会 |
[29:16] | intentionally lose a championship game? | 故意输掉一场锦标赛呢 |
[29:18] | Because there was something in it for him. | 因为他能因此获益 |
[29:20] | You believe he benefitted financially | 你相信他为了获利 故意输掉 |
[29:22] | by losing? | 比赛 |
[29:23] | We’d been discussing a new contract. | 当时我们正在商讨新合约 |
[29:24] | He wanted more money, | 他想要更多钱 |
[29:26] | but I felt that his career was peaking. | 但我觉得他的职业生涯已经封顶了 |
[29:27] | And he wanted to show me just how invaluable he was. | 他故意输是为了让我看看他到底有多值钱 |
[29:30] | So this was a negotiations ploy? | 所以一切不过是谈判的策略罢了 |
[29:33] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[29:34] | So you believe Jace lost the game, | 所以你坚信杰斯明知 |
[29:35] | knowing that if anyone had found out what he had done, | 一旦被人揭穿他的诡计 他便会身败名裂 |
[29:39] | it would destroy his career and reputation? | 可他还是故意输掉了比赛 |
[29:41] | He didn’t think he’d get caught. | 他以为不会被人发现 |
[29:43] | He thinks he’s bigger than the game, but no one is, | 他自视过高了 没有人能超越比赛 |
[29:46] | not even Jace Rundle. | 即便是他杰斯·朗德尔 |
[29:47] | No further questions. | 我问完了 |
[29:48] | So, you say that the players should be paying you, | 所以你说选手们应该付钱给你 |
[29:51] | but it seems to me they already are. | 但事实上他们已经付过了 |
[29:53] | Your deductions for living and travel expenses, | 扣除掉住宿费 路费 |
[29:56] | equipment rental, insurance and management fees, | 游戏设备租赁费 保险费和管理费后 |
[29:59] | bring Jace’s “Just over half a mil” | 杰斯的收入由五十万 |
[30:01] | into just under $73 thousand. | 直降到不到七万三千美金 |
[30:04] | It’s not cheap to develop a new player, | 培养一位新选手要花很多钱 |
[30:06] | and the contract allows me to recoup my expenses. | 合约规定我可以扣除必要花费 |
[30:08] | Speaking of contracts, | 说到合约 |
[30:10] | you said you and Jace had a disagreement | 你说杰斯和你在签约费上 |
[30:12] | over what he was worth? | 有争议是吗 |
[30:13] | I just couldn’t afford | 我负担不了 |
[30:15] | to give him what he was asking for. | 他要的那么多 |
[30:16] | But you had no problem | 但你却有能力和 |
[30:18] | coming to an agreement with Jace’s teammate, | 杰斯的队友杜威·卡斯勒达成协议 |
[30:21] | Dewey Cussler. In fact, you even gave him | 事实上 你还和他签了份 |
[30:23] | a brand-new contract. | 新合约 |
[30:25] | Well, he’s… | 因为他… |
[30:26] | my new captain. | 是新队长 |
[30:27] | Worth 10% more than Jace was asking. | 比杰斯提出的签约费还要高百分之十 |
[30:30] | First I don’t pay my players enough, | 刚刚你还说我给的太少了 |
[30:32] | and then you’re… you’re slamming me | 但现在你… 你又指责我 |
[30:34] | for giving them a raise? | 给选手涨工资了是吗 |
[30:35] | So, we’ve established that | 因此 我们可以确定 |
[30:37] | you could afford it. | 你有能力支付高薪水 |
[30:39] | The question now is, did you fire Jace | 现在的问题是 你开除杰斯 |
[30:41] | because he intentionally threw the finals, | 是因为他故意输掉了比赛 |
[30:43] | or did you use the loss to smear his name | 还是为了利用这次失败诋毁他的名誉 |
[30:45] | and justify his termination? | 终止他的职业生涯 |
[30:47] | Objection! | 反对 |
[30:48] | Did you profit from it, Vin? Did you have something to do | 文 你从比赛失败中得益了吗 是你导致比赛 |
[30:50] | with the loss? | 失败的吗 |
[30:51] | Objection, Your Honor! | 反对 法官阁下 |
[30:52] | Withdrawn, Your Honor. | 收回问题 法官阁下 |
[30:56] | $73,000 is more than I’ve ever made | 打个破游戏居然比我整天累死累活地 |
[30:59] | doing a real job. | 做正经工作还要赚钱 |
[31:01] | Time to show Connie | 是时候让康妮看看 |
[31:02] | who hates small animals. | 谁是残害小动物的人了 |
[31:07] | You made a lot more than $73,000 last year, didn’t you, Vin? | 文 你去年的收入远不止七万三千美金对吗 |
[31:11] | You made somewhere in the neighborhood | 你的收入达到了八百万 |
[31:12] | of $8 million. | 美金 |
[31:14] | What are you gonna do next, whip out my tax returns? | 你接下来打算做什么 把我的返税额翻出来吗 |
[31:15] | You’ve been seen driving a Porsche, | 你开着保时捷 |
[31:17] | a Bentley, a Ferrari. | 宾利 法拉利 |
[31:18] | How many cars do you own? | 你一共有几台车啊 |
[31:20] | You forgot about my McLaren. | 你漏掉了我的迈凯伦 |
[31:25] | Yeah, I make a lot of money. I’m proud of it. | 没错 我是挣了很多钱 我为此骄傲 |
[31:27] | That doesn’t change the fact that Jace got | 但这些都改变不了 杰斯落得这个下场 |
[31:28] | exactly what he deserved. | 是他自己咎由自取的结果 |
[31:29] | Vin’s a rabbit killer, | 文是个残害兔兔的杀手 |
[31:32] | and Jace now works hard for his money. | 而杰斯是个努力工作挣钱的人 |
[31:34] | Connie is swinging hard to our side. | 康妮现在完全站到我们这边了 |
[31:36] | Thank Danny. | 得感谢丹尼 |
[31:37] | She pulled a rabbit’s foot out of the hat. | 是她把康妮争取到我们这边的 |
[31:39] | Connie has two pet rabbits. | 康妮养了两只宠物兔子 |
[31:41] | She’s turning on Vin, and he knows it. | 她对文愤怒极了 文也看到了 |
[31:44] | I think the last thing we… | 我觉得最后我们… |
[31:45] | Hey, Jace. | 嘿 杰斯 |
[31:46] | This thing’s taking a lot longer than I thought. | 这场官司比我想象中的要持久 |
[31:48] | I’ve got to get back to work, so how ’bout you drop the suit, | 我得回去工作了 但我有个提议 你撤诉 |
[31:51] | and I’ll clear your name, and I’ll take you back? | 我就帮你恢复名誉 让你归队 如何 |
[31:53] | So you found out about the rabbit-lover on our jury? | 你发现陪审团里的兔子爱好者了是吗 |
[31:55] | She’s not coming around. | 她是不会回心转意的 |
[31:57] | Maybe it’s time for another key chain. | 也许是时候提出新的证据链了 |
[31:59] | – Is this a formal settlement offer? – Yeah. | – 这是正式的和解提议吗 – 对 |
[32:01] | Take it or leave it. | 接受或是不接受 |
[32:02] | You’ve got 24 hours. | 给你们二十四小时考虑 |
[32:06] | Well, we can counter. | 我们还可以争取更多 |
[32:08] | I’d rather we win. | 我更想打赢官司 |
[32:10] | It’s a good offer. | 这是个很好的提议 |
[32:12] | Is this about what’s doing best for our client, | 现在最重要的是帮客户争取更大的利益 |
[32:14] | or getting another one in the win column? | 还是仅仅多赢一次而已呢 |
[32:16] | Have you met our client? | 你不了解我们的客户吗 |
[32:17] | He likes to win, too. | 他也很喜欢赢 |
[32:25] | So how long did it take? | 你花了多长时间 |
[32:28] | For what? | 做什么 |
[32:30] | You know, before you realized I left. | 才发现我已经离开了 |
[32:36] | Not long. That’s why I quit playing. | 没多久 这就是我不再玩游戏的原因 |
[32:38] | I’m really sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[32:39] | It was my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[32:48] | You want to get coffee with me Saturday? | 周日要一起喝咖啡吗 |
[32:53] | Yeah. What time? | 好啊 几点 |
[32:55] | Like, around 2:00. | 两点左右吧 |
[32:56] | That’s the same time as the Titanfall regionals. | 正好是泰坦陨落区域战开始的时间 |
[32:59] | Really? What a coincidence. | 是吗 太不巧了 |
[33:00] | Huh. | 嗯 |
[33:02] | Think about it. | 考虑一下吧 |
[33:05] | Uh, so I started with Dewey, like you asked, | 我按你说的 看了下杜威的打法 |
[33:08] | but his play seemed perfectly legit. | 他的打法没什么问题 |
[33:08] | but his play seemed perfectly legit. | 但他的操作看上去完全正常 |
[33:10] | So then I moved on to Jace. | 然后我查看了杰斯的操作 |
[33:12] | Take a look at that. | 你来看看 |
[33:15] | It’s a crap offer, and you know it. | 那是个很烂的提议 你心知肚明 |
[33:18] | Didn’t ask you here to talk about the offer. | 我叫你过来不是要讨论那个提议的 |
[33:21] | Reviewing my big choke? | 在回放被我搞砸的决赛录像吗 |
[33:23] | I do that, too, in my head, 50 times a night. | 我也会在脑子里回放 每晚都会回放五十次 |
[33:26] | Every gamer has their own style, | 每个玩家都有自己独特的游戏风格 |
[33:28] | and you are no exception. | 你也不例外 |
[33:29] | Okay, I’m with you so far. | 好吧 接着说 |
[33:31] | Thousands of fans and top shoutcasters | 成千上万的粉丝和网络媒体广播 |
[33:33] | have analyzed your replays. | 已经分析过你的比赛录像 |
[33:37] | You didn’t throw the game. | 你没有故意输掉比赛 |
[33:38] | There were no deliberate mistakes, | 在比赛中 没有任何故意失误 |
[33:40] | only a few unnatural moves. | 只是有几处不自然的操作 |
[33:42] | Unfortunately, those moves suggest the possibility | 不幸的是 那些操作显示 |
[33:45] | of a neurological disorder. | 你可能患有某种神经系统疾病 |
[33:50] | It’s time to face reality, Jace. | 该面对现实了 杰斯 |
[34:08] | Hey. | 你好 |
[34:11] | I was just thinking. | 我刚在想 |
[34:14] | I started playing when I was four. | 我从四岁开始玩游戏 |
[34:16] | That’s 84% of my life. | 到现在 那是我百分之八十四的生命 |
[34:20] | 100% when you consider | 如果把之前不记事的时间抛开 |
[34:21] | I don’t remember anything before then. | 那就是我全部的生命 |
[34:24] | I’ve got nothing else. | 除此之外 我一无所有 |
[34:28] | What’d the neurologist say? | 神经科医师怎么说 |
[34:31] | I… | 我… |
[34:34] | have Parkinson’s. | 患有帕金森氏综合症 |
[34:39] | Sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[34:42] | Parkinson’s? | 帕金森氏综合症 |
[34:44] | Like, who the hell gets that at 25? | 谁会在二十五岁就得这个病 |
[34:51] | There are medications. | 这个病可以使用药物治疗 |
[34:53] | Strategies for treating it. | 也有相应的治疗方法 |
[34:55] | With treatment, | 通过合理的治疗 |
[34:57] | you can stay in the game for years. | 你还能打很多年的比赛 |
[35:00] | Like a month before the championships, | 在锦标赛前 大概一个月的时候 |
[35:02] | I knew… I knew something weird was going on. | 我就知道… 我知道有点不对劲 |
[35:06] | My precision was off, my reaction times. | 我的精准度下降 反应时间变慢 |
[35:09] | Occasional shakes. | 偶尔还会手抖 |
[35:10] | I thought it was just the caffeine. | 我以为只是喝了太多咖啡 |
[35:18] | Have you told anyone? | 你跟谁说过吗 |
[35:20] | No. | 没有 |
[35:22] | I, uh, would have told my girlfriend, | 我应该会告诉我女朋友 |
[35:26] | but, lucky for her, we broke up yesterday. | 但是 她很幸运 我们昨天刚分手 |
[35:31] | She couldn’t handle being with a loser anyway. | 她没办法跟一个失败者待在一起 |
[35:33] | Disease can’t make you a loser. | 疾病不会让你变成失败者 |
[35:35] | Only you can do that. | 只有你自己可以 |
[35:37] | Easy for you to say. | 你说的倒轻松 |
[35:38] | This disease took the finals. | 这病夺走了我的锦标赛冠军 |
[35:40] | Lost me everything. | 让我失去了一切 |
[35:44] | The timing’s bad, I’ll give you that. | 我承认 得病的时机确实不太好 |
[35:47] | But we have to talk about today. | 但我们还得聊聊当下 |
[35:50] | This is the last day of the trial. | 今天是庭审的最后一天了 |
[35:52] | I need to know what you want to do. | 我要知道 你想怎么做 |
[35:53] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[35:54] | Yeah. | 对 |
[35:55] | Does it even matter? | 这还有关系吗 |
[35:58] | If I tell them about my diagnosis, | 如果我告诉他们我的病情诊断 |
[36:01] | they’ll know I didn’t mess up on purpose. | 他们就会知道我不是故意搞砸比赛的 |
[36:04] | And then the world will know, | 接下来全世界的人都会知道了 |
[36:05] | which means I’ll never play competitively again. | 这意味着我再也不能打竞技比赛了 |
[36:08] | I mean, I’m screwed either way. | 我是说 不管怎么选 我都完蛋了 |
[36:10] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[36:12] | What happened to Mr. Double or Nothing? | 冒险家先生去哪儿了 |
[36:14] | The man who made me play 36 holes of simulated golf, | 那个让我陪他玩儿三十六洞的模拟高尔夫球 |
[36:18] | just to get a win? | 只是为了赢的人 |
[36:21] | Where’s that guy? | 那个人去哪儿了 |
[36:26] | I know you got handed a terrible diagnosis, | 我明白 你刚刚得到一个很糟的病情诊断 |
[36:29] | but you can’t give up. | 但你不能就这么放弃了 |
[36:32] | Not today. | 今天不行 |
[36:36] | So… what do I do? | 那… 我该怎么做呢 |
[36:39] | What if I told you there’s another option? | 如果我告诉你 还有另外一个选择呢 |
[36:49] | Vin. | 文 |
[36:52] | I made the offer. The window’s closed, guys. | 我告诉你们提议了 提议已经作废了 朋友们 |
[36:55] | Well, a window closes, another door opens. | 关上一扇窗 总会打开另外一扇门 |
[36:57] | You let Jace back on the team, | 你让杰斯重新归队 |
[36:58] | as captain, with a three-year contract, | 担任队长 跟他签一份三年合约 |
[37:00] | and commensurate raises for Yuna and Mendel. | 并相应的 提升尤娜和孟德尔的工资 |
[37:03] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[37:04] | I’ve reassessed my options. | 我已经重新评估过我的选择 |
[37:06] | I can win this. | 我能赢下这个案子 |
[37:07] | And full benefits. | 还有 全额福利 |
[37:08] | That’ll cover treatment for his Parkinson’s disease. | 这样就能涵盖他帕金森氏综合症的治疗费用了 |
[37:10] | Parkinson’s? | 帕金森氏综合症 |
[37:12] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[37:14] | Look, is this some kind of play? | 听着 这是你们的什么把戏吗 |
[37:15] | No play. It’s for real. | 没有戏弄你 这是真的 |
[37:18] | I just found out. | 我刚查出来的 |
[37:23] | Hey, I feel for you and everything, | 我为你感到抱歉 |
[37:25] | but the offer’s gone. The team’s filled. | 但提议已经作废了 而且队伍并不缺人 |
[37:31] | W-What do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎么做 |
[37:34] | If I walk back into that courtroom, | 如果我走进那间法庭 |
[37:36] | and I tell the jury about Jace’s condition, | 告诉陪审员们杰斯的情况 |
[37:38] | you’re gonna lose the case | 你就会输掉这个案子 |
[37:39] | and millions of dollars in punitive damages. | 附带着数百万美元的惩罚性赔偿 |
[37:41] | But if you agree to our settlement, | 但如果你同意我们的和解方案 |
[37:43] | with a confidentiality clause… | 再附加一条保密条款… |
[37:47] | You sure you still want to play? | 你确定你还想继续打比赛吗 |
[37:49] | More than ever. | 比任何时候都想 |
[37:50] | About one of his new teammates, | 还有 关于他其中一位队友 |
[37:52] | there’s something you should see. | 有些资料你应该看一下 |
[37:55] | Yo, yo, Jace. | 你好 杰斯 |
[37:59] | If it isn’t El Capitan. | 这不是队长大人吗 |
[38:01] | Congrats, man, I’m glad you guys settled. | 恭喜你 兄弟 我很开心你们能和解 |
[38:02] | Yeah. Casa DV8 hasn’t been the same. | 对 我们的团队DV8没了你都变了 |
[38:05] | Team. | 团队 |
[38:06] | I missed you, too. | 我也很想你 |
[38:09] | Let’s get back to it, bro. | 让我们重返赛场吧 兄弟 |
[38:12] | You son of a bitch. | 你这个贱人 |
[38:14] | A dysfunctional family. | 一个不太正常的家庭 |
[38:15] | You were a snotnosed little pockmarked | 我找到你的时候 你还是个 |
[38:17] | mall rat when I found you. | 满脸痘痘 被人蔑视的商场混子 |
[38:18] | I think what he’s trying to say is that we analyzed | 我觉得他想表达的是 我们分析了 |
[38:20] | all the team play, | 整个队伍的操作 |
[38:22] | and when we got to you… | 当我们分析到你的时候… |
[38:24] | You threw the finals, you bastard. | 是你故意输掉比赛的 你这个混蛋 |
[38:25] | What? That’s ridiculous. | 什么 这太荒谬了 |
[38:27] | See the slight reddening around the nose? | 看到他鼻子周围有细微的变红了吗 |
[38:30] | The Pinocchio effect. | 匹诺曹效应 |
[38:31] | Offshore accounts aren’t | 离岸账户 往往没有 |
[38:33] | quite as secure as people think. | 人们以为的那么安全 |
[38:34] | You’ll never play again. | 你这辈子也别想打比赛了 |
[38:35] | If I ever see you again, | 如果我再见到你 |
[38:37] | I’ll break your hands. | 我会把你的手打断 |
[38:42] | It would appear there is an opening on the team. | 看上去这个队伍有个空缺位置了 |
[38:45] | Welcome back to DV8. | 欢迎回到DV8 |
[39:07] | Well, look who decided to show up. | 看看谁最终还是决定出现了 |
[39:08] | You really thought I wouldn’t? | 你真的觉得我不会来吗 |
[39:11] | So what are we gonna… | 那我们要… |
[39:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:17] | Well, I’m not thinking about regionals anymore. | 我再也不会想着地区赛了 |
[39:21] | Good, ’cause we’re not going. | 很好 因为我们不去 |
[39:29] | I am so pumped | 我非常激动 |
[39:33] | to announce that I am bringing back | 向大家宣布 |
[39:35] | the number-one player in the world. | 我找回了世界第一的选手 |
[39:37] | Ladies and gentlemen, Jace Rundle. | 女士们先生们 杰斯·朗德尔 |
[39:46] | Dv8 Dv8 Dv8! Dv8! | |
[39:53] | This marks a new era | 这标志着 |
[39:55] | in the profession of eSports. | 专业电子竞技新时代的到来 |
[39:57] | New player contracts formalized across the league. | 在整个联盟中 新队员的合约都将正规化 |
[40:01] | Players and owners on equal ground, | 选手和所有者将是平等的 |
[40:03] | taking this epic game | 他们将联手将这史诗般的比赛 |
[40:05] | to even greater heights. | 提升到更高的层面 |
[40:07] | Jace Rundle! | 杰斯·朗德尔 |
[40:13] | “Epic”? | “史诗般的” |
[40:15] | Yeah, well, I thought I should throw | 好吧 我觉得我在演讲里应该加上一点 |
[40:16] | some dude-speak in there so it would seem authentic. | 男性化的词语 这样会显得比较真实 |
[40:19] | Mm-hmm. | 好吧 |
[40:20] | Sorry you didn’t win. | 抱歉你没能赢 |
[40:23] | I have a happy client | 我有一个开心的客户 |
[40:24] | and a whole lot of players | 还有很多选手 |
[40:26] | who are gonna want to renegotiate, | 想要重新进行合约谈判 |
[40:28] | so I’m good. | 所以我没事 |
[40:30] | Plus, we righted some wrongs | 再加上 在这新联盟到来之际 |
[40:33] | in the dawn of a new league. | 我们确实也纠正了一些错误 |
[40:35] | – Yes, we did. – Hmm. | – 是的 – 对 |
[40:38] | You haven’t played the game yet. | 你还没玩儿过这个游戏呢 |
[40:40] | Not really into games. | 不喜欢玩儿游戏 |
[40:41] | Ha. Really? | 真的吗 |
[40:43] | You were sending a lot of signals. | 你之前传递了很多信号 |
[40:45] | It seemed like you were interested. | 你应该是感兴趣的 |
[40:47] | Was I wrong? | 是我判断错了吗 |
[40:55] | Let me put it this way. | 我这么说吧 |
[40:58] | You’re no longer an employee. | 你已经不再是我的手下了 |