时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Testing. One,two,t testg. | 测试 1 2 测试 |
[00:16] | Not here. In the back. | 不在这里 在后面 |
[00:18] | Hurry! | 快! |
[00:25] | By the pool. Set up by the pool. | 在游泳池边上 |
[00:33] | Hurry up,buzz. We need to fish him out. | 快点 Buzz 我们得把他捞出来 |
[00:38] | Ow! | 啊! |
[00:43] | I didn’t see you,buzz. | 我没看到你在后面 Buzz |
[00:44] | Yeah,it’s okay. Just step back. | 没关系的 让开一下 |
[00:49] | I’m deputy chief johnson | 我是Johnson副局 |
[00:52] | Wait a second.You’re bleeding. | 等等 你流血了 |
[00:53] | One more minute won’t hurt. | 等一会没关系的 |
[00:59] | Are you sure? | 确定没事了吗? |
[01:00] | Yes,ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[01:00] | Okay. I’m deputy chief johnson,priority homicide. | 好的 我是主管重案组的Johnson副局 |
[01:03] | A dog walker stopped by the home of mr.Oliver henry and found the body in the pool. | 一个代人溜狗的人到访Oliver Henry家 发现了游泳池里的尸体 |
[01:14] | Okay,detective sanchez,now that we’ve memorializedthe body, | 好的 Sanchez探员 我们拍摄记录了尸体的状态 |
[01:16] | let’s pull this poor man out,please. | 快把这个可怜人儿捞上来吧 |
[01:23] | Sergeant gabriel,phd. | 我是重案组的Gabriel警佐 |
[01:25] | The first officersarrived at the scene roughly 12 minutes | 在警方收到Henry先生的死讯后 大约12分钟 |
[01:28] | after mr.Henry’s death was called in. | 应案警员到达现场 |
[01:30] | Uh,since it was clear thathe had been dead for some time, | 很明显他已经死了有一段时间 |
[01:33] | the officers decided to leavethe crime scene undisturbed. | 所以他们决定不破坏现场 |
[01:48] | All right,if you got a close shot, let’s turn the camera offuntil — | 好了 你要是拍到特写的话 就先关了摄像机 等… |
[01:52] | for heaven’s sakes,would someone pleasequiet down those dogs? | 哎呀妈呀 谁能让那几只狗消停会儿? |
[02:05] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:07] | Lieutenant tao, priorityhomicide division,lapd. | 我是洛杉矶警署重案组的 Tao中尉 |
[02:10] | The swelling of the victim indicates he’s been in the watereight to nine hours. | 从尸体的膨胀度可以看出 他已经在水里呆了8-9个小时 |
[02:15] | Though bloated,we can identify him through his driver’s licenseas the owner of the house. | 虽然脸部很浮肿 我还是可以通过 他的驾照认明身份 他就是房子的主人 |
[02:21] | Hold it right there. | 停在这里 |
[02:23] | Oliver henry — | |
[02:25] | – arguably the most successfuldivorce lawyer in los angeles. | 洛杉矶最成功的离婚律师 |
[02:29] | By all accounts,he wasa good man,a decent man,a man who loved his job. | 据大家所说 他是一个好人 一个热爱自己工作的正经良民 |
[02:33] | Ladies and gentlemenof the jury,the prosecution isgonna prove to you | 陪审团的女士们先生们 这次诉讼将向你们证明 |
[02:36] | mr.Henry was murderedby the defendant | Henry先生是被这位在死者死前 几个星期 |
[02:39] | who verbally and physicallythreatened the victim repeatedly in the weeksright up to his death. | 对死者进行言语上及身体上威胁的 被告人所杀 |
[02:44] | Now,mr.Cordry here,the lawyer for the defense,is gonna argue that | 现在 这位Cordry先生 也就是辩方的律师想要狡辩 |
[02:47] | mr.Henry’sdeath was accidental,but I need you to pay very close attention | 说Henry先生的死是意外 但是我需要你们仔细斟酌 |
[02:51] | to the inconsistencies you’regonna see with that theory on this videoand throughout the case. | 这一谬论在录影带以及整个案件中 的自相矛盾 |
[02:56] | To start,you’ll notice the contusions visible on mr.Henry’s forehead. | 首先 你会注意到Henry先生前额的挫伤 |
[03:00] | Roll it. | 接着放 |
[03:02] | Looks like he ran intosomething right here. | 看起来他这里像是撞上了什么 |
[03:05] | I got it. | 我录下来了 |
[03:07] | A little overdressed to goswimming,don’t you think? | 如果是游泳 穿的多了点 你不认为吗? |
[03:10] | Okay,let’s get his shirt –how it’s untucked. | 同意 我们看看他的衬衣 怎么没塞进裤子里 |
[03:14] | This seam here… | 这里的裂口… |
[03:17] | a tear in the knee… | 膝盖上的破洞… |
[03:20] | and the cuffs of the pants… | 还有裤脚的翻边… |
[03:23] | here…and there. | 这里…还有那里 |
[03:25] | And the scuff marks, too,buzz,on the shoes. | 还有 Buzz 鞋子上也有磨损 |
[03:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:42] | Would you move,please? | 请你们让一下好嘛? |
[03:43] | Move back? Thank you. | 让开一点儿? 谢谢 |
[03:49] | Chief,you see this? | 头儿 你看到这个了吗? |
[03:54] | Could be drag marks. | 可能是拖拉死者留下的痕迹 |
[03:56] | Buzz? | |
[04:01] | I got it. | 拍到了 |
[04:02] | Lieutenant tao,I want youto check and see | Tao中尉 我希望你能去检查一下 |
[04:03] | if there’sany leather from the victim’s shoes around the pool. | 游泳池周围有没有受害者 鞋子上的皮革 |
[04:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:12] | Sergeant gabriel,would you mind showing me wheremr.Henry kept his clothes? | Gabriel警佐 你能带我看看 Henry先生放衣服的地方吗? |
[04:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:18] | He’s all yours,gentlemen. | 先生们 这边你们负责了 |
[04:25] | He takes excellent careof his wardrobe. | 他的衣橱整理的非常好 |
[04:28] | His closet’s as bigas my kitchen. | 储衣间跟我家厨房一样大 |
[04:29] | Chief,what are you looking for? | 头儿 你在找什么? |
[04:32] | Signs of wear,and I’m not finding them. | 磨损的痕迹 我还没找到 |
[04:35] | Sergeant gabriel,would you check these suitsand shirts for frays and tears? | Gabriel警佐 你能检查一下 这些外套和衬衣上的磨损处和裂缝吗? |
[04:39] | And,lieutenant provenza,I want these shoes and clothesput into evidence,please. | Provenza中尉 我想要这些鞋子和衣服列入证据 |
[04:44] | As neatly as he keptthem…please. | 请像物主那样整齐点! |
[04:48] | Thank you so much. | 谢谢 |
[04:56] | Oh,yeah. | 噢耶 |
[05:00] | Okay,until recently,oliver henry was partnerswith his wife, | 好的 Oliver henry和他妻子Valerie 在不久之前 |
[05:04] | valerie,in the law firmof henry and henry — | 还是Henry&Henry法律事务所的 合作拍档 |
[05:07] | considered the number-twodivorce law firm in the city. | 被公认为全市排名第二的 离婚法律事务所 |
[05:10] | Clientele includes celebrities,politicians,and the very rich. | 委托人包含名人 政客 还有有钱人 |
[05:14] | Fees average $500 an hourfor associates,twice that if you wantoliver henry specifically. | 他们的合伙律师平均收费每小时500元 如果指定要Henry就要双倍 |
[05:22] | Cheaper to hire a hit man. | 还是买凶便宜点儿 |
[05:24] | So,you’re saying mr.And mrs.Henry were partners? | 你是说Henry先生和他太太是合作伙伴? |
[05:27] | Yeah,well,they divorced,too — just settledabout three months ago. | 是的 他们也离婚了 3个月前才达成协议 |
[05:31] | They’re still in the processof dissolving the firm. | 他们还在协商怎么瓜分这个事务所 |
[05:33] | Now,he was consideredthe rainmaker, | 人们都认为他是公司的金字招牌 |
[05:36] | and she was regarded as, you know,kind of average. | 而人们觉得她水平麻麻 |
[05:38] | Her payoff isn’T. Valerie henry is still listed | 她的回报可不是这样普通 Valerie Henry依旧是 |
[05:40] | as the beneficiary of our victim’s $10 millionlife-insurance policy. | 受害人价值千万保险赔偿金的受益人 |
[05:45] | She’s not answering a phone. | 而且还不接电话 |
[05:51] | All right,detective sanchez,what did we learnfrom the neighbors? | 好的 Sanchez探员 从邻居那里得到什么消息? |
[05:54] | It’s not a good placeto have a block party,chief. | 那里不是一个能举办 小区聚会的街区 |
[05:56] | I mean,nobody knows anyone. | 我是说 彼此都不认识 |
[05:58] | All I got is this kidwho saw a black beamer, | 我只从一个孩子那里得知 他看到了一个黑色宝马 |
[06:01] | maybe a convertible,parked in henry’s drivewayaround 9:00 last night. | 也可能是敞篷车 昨晚上9点左右停在Henry的车道上 |
[06:05] | Hmm,black bmwin the hollywood hills. | 好莱坞山上的黑色宝马 |
[06:08] | That narrows it down to,like,50,000 people. | 这可以把范围缩小到50,000人 |
[06:11] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[06:12] | Any chance this hollywooddivorce attorney accidentally fellinto his own pool? | 这个好莱坞的离婚律师偶然掉进 自己的游泳池 有这个可能吗? |
[06:17] | ‘Cause the mediaare already insisting that one of his movie-starclients killed him, | 因为媒体已经一口认定 是他的一个电影明星委托人杀了他 |
[06:22] | and we just can’t affordthat kind of murder right now. | 我们现在可招架不起这种谋杀 |
[06:24] | We are slowly whittling awayat a list of suspects. | 我们正在慢慢排除嫌疑者 |
[06:27] | Great. How many are we down to? | 很好 还剩下多少没排除? |
[06:28] | Not counting the wife,roughly 758. | 不算他妻子 大概758个 |
[06:31] | What? | 这是什么? |
[06:32] | Our attorney’s caseload. | 我们这位律师的待处理案件 |
[06:33] | Henry and henry currently have379 active divorce suits,each with a clientand an irritated spouse. | 该事务所现有379件受审中的离婚案件 每一件都有一个委托人 和一个被惹恼的配偶 |
[06:40] | That’s castinga pretty wide net. | 这范围可是够大的 |
[06:42] | And how do you feel about yourown wife’s divorce attorney? | 你怎么看你妻子的离婚律师? |
[06:48] | Yeah,okay. | 好吧 |
[06:49] | What would really make mefeel a little better,though, | 可是真正能让我感觉好点的是 |
[06:51] | is some evidence that a crimewas actually committed,because if the guyjust fell — | 能证明此案实属谋杀的证据 因为如果这个人只是掉进… |
[06:56] | excuse me.Uh,dr.Morales will see us now. | 打扰一下 Morales医生现在要见我们 |
[06:59] | Wonderful. Thank you,sergeant. | 非常好 谢谢 警佐 |
[07:02] | If the autopsy report reads,”accident” — | 如果验尸报告写着”意外死亡”… |
[07:04] | yeah,or suicide.Suicide would be great. | 对 或者自杀 要是自杀那就太好了 |
[07:07] | I’ll be sureto let you know. | 我肯定会通知你的 |
[07:08] | Don’t make work for yourself. | 千万别自己揽活儿干 |
[07:11] | All right,y’all, let’s startchecking mr.Henry’s clients and their spouses, | 好了 大家 开始调查 Henry先生的委托人和他们的配偶 |
[07:17] | see if any of themhave a criminal record. | 看看他们中是否有人有过犯罪记录 |
[07:20] | I want to know if any of themdrive a black bmW. | 我要知道他们中有没有人开黑色宝马 |
[07:23] | Let’s dumpthe victim’s cellphone, see who he was talking to. | 调出受害人手机的通话记录 看看他和谁通过话 |
[07:26] | And find the ex-wife,please. | 还有 找到他的前妻 |
[07:27] | Thank you. Sergeant gabriel. | 谢谢 Gabriel警佐跟我来 |
[07:33] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[07:34] | I’m documenting the scrapes on the back of his knucklesand fingers. | 我在记录他关节后面和手指上的擦伤 |
[07:40] | Could this have happenedby accident? | 这有可能是意外事故吗? |
[07:42] | On just one hand,I’d say yes. | 从某方面来说 我会说是 |
[07:45] | On the other hand,too — | 另一方面… |
[07:47] | looks more likehe was dragged from behind. | 看起来更像是他从后面被拖着 |
[07:51] | But the contusion’son the front of his head. | 但是挫伤在前额上 |
[07:54] | No hemorrhaging though. | 可是没有出血 |
[07:56] | Low impact. | 低强度撞击. |
[07:57] | It lookslike he ran into a door or fell fromless than his full height. | 看起来像是他撞上门 或者从不高的地方摔下来 |
[08:03] | And he didn’t block the blowwith his hands. | 而且他没有用手去阻挡撞击 |
[08:06] | So,let’s say it happenedsomething like this. | 那么 我们试想一下 当时经过是这样的 |
[08:10] | someone was walkingmr.Henry along, | 有人扶着henry先生行走 |
[08:14] | let’s say,from his house to his pool,and he started to pass out. | 我们假设 从他的房间到游泳池 他开始昏迷了 |
[08:20] | And they let him slip whichexplains the scrape on the knee. | 他滑了下去 这可以解释膝盖上面的破洞 |
[08:22] | And dropped him. | 松开他 |
[08:24] | So he hits his head –kaboom. | 这样他就撞到头…砰 |
[08:26] | But not hard enoughto knock him unconscious. | 但是并没有撞得还不够严重到 让他失去意识 |
[08:28] | Right,so,mr.Henry falls,and our killerturns the victim face up, | 对 Henry先生摔倒了 杀人犯把受害人翻过来 |
[08:32] | grabs him under his arms,and drags him to the pool — | 抓住他的胳膊 把他拖向游泳池… |
[08:35] | ow,ow.That’s too hard. | 哎呀 好疼 |
[08:36] | -Sorry,chief.Sorry. -That’s too hard. | – 对不起 头儿 对不起 – 太疼了 |
[08:41] | This only makes sense if mr.Henry was drugged or drunk. | 只有在Henry先生被麻醉或者喝醉酒 的前提下 这种推断才成立 |
[08:45] | No alcoholin his bloodstream. | 血液中没有酒精 |
[08:46] | I’m doing a tox screen,but I won’t know for sureuntil we get it back. | 我已经做了血液毒性测试 拿到报告才能知道 |
[08:50] | Wait a minute.Check under his arms. | 等等 检查一下他的胳膊 |
[08:52] | His suit coat was ripped there,and if you pull hard enough… | 他的外套那里撕破了 如果你拖的很用力… |
[09:03] | good call. | 发现得妙啊 |
[09:05] | And when the toxscreen came back positive, | 当血液毒性检测显示阳性时 |
[09:07] | I just felt likethere was no way I could comfortably statethe death was accidental. | 我想自己根本无法苟同 这是个意外死亡事件 |
[09:12] | Thank you,dr.Morales. | 谢谢你 Morales医生 |
[09:15] | Your witness. | 该你提问了 |
[09:17] | So,this,um,this drug that turned up in mr.Henry’stox screen was,again? | 这种血液毒性检测在Henry先生身上 测出的药物叫什么名字来着? |
[09:23] | Midazolam –better known as versed. | 咪达唑仑 –俗称迷药 |
[09:25] | It’s a sedative,among other things, not availableby prescription. | 这是镇静剂的一种 但是是非处方药 |
[09:29] | And did you findany fingerprints on this versed,doctor? | 你在这个药片上发现任何指纹了吗 医生? |
[09:32] | It’s a liquid,sir. | 这是液状的 先生 |
[09:34] | And had been metabolized,so,no. | 而且已经被消化了 所以 没有 |
[09:37] | Then there’s no wayto prove that my clientadministered this drug? | 所以没有证据证明这是 我的当事人下的药? |
[09:40] | Is that correct? | 对吗? |
[09:41] | I wouldn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:42] | I’m here to discuss the medical aspects of the case. | 我来这儿是从医学角度讨论案件的 |
[09:45] | Well,then could you tellthe members of the jury | 那么 你能告诉陪审团 |
[09:47] | what types of medical professionals use this drugon a regular basis? | 这种药通常是哪种医务人员开的? |
[09:51] | Anesthesiologists,mostly,but those working in a surgicalfield would have access to it. | 大部分是麻醉师 但是外科医务人员也有权动用 |
[09:56] | So,while the state has focusedits efforts on the defendant, | 政府把大部分精力投入怀疑被告上 |
[10:00] | isn’t it true that any doctor,nurse,or medical professionalcould have accessed this drug? | 难道不是任何一个医生 护士 或者医务人员都可能接触这种药呢? |
[10:06] | -Or someone close to a doctor,nurse,or – -objection. | – 或者任何一个接近医生 护士的… – 我反对 |
[10:08] | That calls for a ridiculousamount of speculation. | 这已经构成个人推断 |
[10:10] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[10:13] | Let me ask you this,then,doctor. | 让我这样问你吧 医生 |
[10:14] | Is it possiblethat mr.Henry, | Henry先生是否有可能 |
[10:18] | who had recentlysuffered a divorce, | 由于最近经受了离婚的痛苦 |
[10:20] | who was splitting up hisbusiness with his ex-wife,administered the drugto himself? | 和他的前妻生意拆伙 自己服用了这种药? |
[10:25] | And on the way to his pool,stumbled and fell,hit his head, | 服药以后在走到游泳池的路上时 被绊倒 磕到了头部 |
[10:29] | but managedto pull himself into the water before he passed out? | 在失去知觉之前 竭力试图爬出游泳池呢? |
[10:33] | Is that possible? | 这有可能吗? |
[10:36] | -Yes,but I would sayhighly unlike – “yes” is sufficient. | – 是的 但是我觉得可能性不大… – “是的” 就足够了 |
[10:40] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[10:42] | No redirect at this time,your honor. | 没有其他问题了 法官大人 |
[10:44] | Call your next witness. | 传唤你们的下一个证人 |
[10:46] | Do you swear to tellthe truth,the whole truth,and nothing but the truthso help you god? | 你以上帝的名义宣誓 你所说的全部属实 绝无虚言? |
[10:49] | I do. | 我发誓 |
[10:55] | I tried very hard to figure outhow mr.Henry’s deh might have been an accidentor suicide, | 我竭尽全力想搞清楚Henry先生之死 是否是意外或者自杀 |
[11:00] | but the more I learned,the morecertain I became it was murder. | 但是调查的越深 我就越肯定这是谋杀 |
[11:03] | Did you arrive at mr.Henry’shouse with that idea in mind that his death was a homicide? | 你在到达Henry先生家之前 就是抱着此案为谋杀的假设吗? |
[11:07] | No. | 不是 |
[11:08] | In examining the crime scene,did you immediately conclude that oliver henryhad been murdered? | 在调查犯罪现场期间 你是否马上判断Oliver Henry是被谋杀的? |
[11:13] | Absolutely not. | 当然不是 |
[11:15] | I don’t see how it could beanything else,especiallywith this tox screen. | 我想不出其他的可能 尤其是在血液毒性检测呈阳性后 |
[11:20] | Yeah? What does it say? | 是吗? 测出什么了? |
[11:21] | Oliver henrytested positive for versed,which isn’t availableeven by prescription, | Oliver Henry体内测出含有迷药 而这种药连手握处方都拿不到 |
[11:26] | so someonemust have drugged him. | 肯定有人给他下了药 |
[11:28] | Ugh,your car insuranceis late again. | 你的汽车保险费又没及时交! |
[11:31] | Look,why don’t you justsign this form and… | 瞧 你咋就不能签了这张表格… |
[11:35] | what are you looking for? | 你在找什么呢? |
[11:36] | I know I had some ho hosin here,and I’m sure I had a ding dongin the freezer. | 我记得这里藏了个卷心蛋糕 那里面还有一块叮当圆饼 |
[11:41] | I threw all that stuff out. | 我把它们都扔了 |
[11:42] | What? Why? | 什么? 为什么? |
[11:44] | The doctor said,”no more sugar. | 医生说你不能再吃糖了 |
[11:53] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:54] | Uh,what were you sayingabout my insurance? | 你刚说我们的保险怎么了? |
[11:57] | That it’s late again. | 又没及时交 |
[11:59] | Look,do you want to combineour finances or not? | 你到底想不想把我们两个的 钱都放在一起? |
[12:02] | Really,just,you know,tell me because it reallydoesn’t matter to me. | 到底想咋样就告诉我 咋样我都没意见 |
[12:04] | I thought we agreed if we putall our money in one place, | 我想如果把钱放在一起 |
[12:07] | it would make it easier to getpreapproved for a loan. | 申请头期贷款就容易多了 |
[12:09] | Yes,but then you neverdo anything about it. | 但你从来没有付诸行动过 |
[12:11] | Well,I was planningon doing that next week. | 我打算下星期去 |
[12:14] | You keep on saying that,and then nothing ever happens. | 你老是那么说 却从来没有那么做过 |
[12:17] | Here,please. | 给你 算我求你了 |
[12:19] | Here,sign this formand that signature card. | 在这张表格和银行签字卡上签名 |
[12:22] | That puts youon all my bank accounts,okay? | 把你的钱都打到我的账号上? |
[12:25] | And then you canjust close yours. | 然后你就可以封闭你的账户了 |
[12:26] | Now I feel bad. I didn’t expect you to do all of it. | 那你现在弄到我挺不好意思的 我没想让你一个人处理这些事 |
[12:29] | I don’t mind doing it! That way it gets done! | 我不介意这样做! 事情就是这样的! |
[12:32] | Well,I should bedoing something. | 我也该尽点儿力的 |
[12:36] | I would be happywith your signature. | 有你的签名我就高兴了 |
[12:39] | -So,your vic ingested versed? -Yes. | – 你那个受害者被下了迷药? – 是的 |
[12:42] | Did you find the vialit came out of or the glasshe drank it from? | 找到盛药的容器或是 死者摄入药物的杯子了吗? |
[12:46] | No. | 没有 |
[12:49] | So,henry gave himselfa knockout drug, cleaned out the glassor buried the vial, | 那么 Henry自己服用了麻痹药 洗干净杯子 或者把盛药的瓶子埋了 |
[12:55] | walked quickly to the pool,fell, hit his head,knocked himself out, | 然后再闪电般的回到泳池 摔倒 击中了他的头 把自己撞晕 |
[12:58] | and then dragged himselfinto the water. | 然后自己把自己拖到了水池里 |
[13:00] | Well,that sounds reasonable. | 这听上去咋那么”合情合理”呢? |
[13:04] | Agent howard. | Howard探员 |
[13:06] | Uh-huh.Yeah,no,I’m coming. | 是的 不 我这就来 |
[13:09] | Uh-huh.Yeah. | 好的 |
[13:25] | Ah,so,chief,it turnsout henry’s 23 active cases — | 头儿 有证据显示在Henry的 23件受审离婚案件里 |
[13:29] | he was either verballyor physically threatened by the opposing spousesin at least 11 of them. | 其中11个委托人的配偶 在言语上或者行为上都威胁过他 |
[13:34] | That we know of. | 这还仅是我们所知道的 |
[13:35] | Henry even pulled restrainingorders on this guy,this lady here,him,and him. | Henry甚至对这个男人 这个女人 还有这两个男人下了禁制令 |
[13:39] | Now,and this one… this one right here –this one peed on his car. | 还有这个人 这里的这位 还在他车上撒尿 |
[13:46] | Lovely. | 真好 |
[13:47] | Any of them drive black bmws? | 他们谁开黑色的宝马? |
[13:50] | Well,there’s at least sevenin the ballpark. | 至少有七辆符合条件 |
[13:53] | Uh,two were navy blue,one was a mercedes. | 两辆是军绿色的 还有一辆宾士 |
[13:56] | Now,this guy over here,he was a double play — restraining orderand the car to go with it. | 这里的这个人受到双重起诉– 限制令还有禁车令 |
[14:00] | Oh,good. | 噢 不错 |
[14:02] | Let’s talk to him. | 我们找他谈谈 |
[14:06] | So,on the fourth dayof your investigation, | 在你们调查的第四天 |
[14:09] | you were still concentratingon at least seven people. | 你们的注意力依旧 集中在至少7名嫌疑人上 |
[14:12] | Eight –including valerie henry. | 包括Valerie Henry的话 算是8个 |
[14:14] | -The victim’s ex-wife,correct? -Yes. | – 受害者的前妻 是吧? – 是的 |
[14:16] | Apparently,she’d been out of town since the morningmr.Henry was found dead. | 很明显 打从Henry先生被发现死亡的早上 她就不在城里 |
[14:20] | Before that? | 在那之前呢? |
[14:21] | I’m afraid I was alonein my new apartment that night,so I can’toffer you an alibi. | 我想我那晚一个人呆在家里 所以我没法给你不在场证明 |
[14:27] | Thank you for continuingto hold. | 感谢您的候机 |
[14:29] | And so after you heard aboutyour ex-husband’s death? | 在你听说你前夫被害之后呢? |
[14:33] | I got in my carand drove to palm springs before the press attacked. | 趁记者跑来追问我之前 我就开车去了棕榈泉 |
[14:37] | Vultures. I couldn’t facetalking to them. | 那些死缠不放的人 我没法面对他们的提问 |
[14:41] | Mrs.Henry,since your ex-husband diedunder suspicious circumstances, | Henry太太 鉴于你的前夫在可疑的情况下遇难 |
[14:45] | I wonder if you wouldn’t mindtelling me why you two divorced? | 我在想你是否介意告诉我 你们离婚的原因? |
[14:49] | Money,mainly. | 主要是因为钱 |
[14:52] | Or the way I spent it. | 或者说是我花钱的方式 |
[14:55] | Sad part is,I filed for divorce just to — | 可悲的是 我申请离婚仅仅是为了… |
[14:59] | just to get his attention.I never thought we’d actuallygo through with it.So stupid. | 让他注意我 我从来没想过 真的给离成了 太愚蠢了 |
[15:05] | Mrs.Henry,um,did your husbandhave a drug or alcohol problem? | Henry太太 呃 你丈夫是否有吸毒或者酗酒的问题? |
[15:11] | Was he chronically depressedor suicidal? | 或是长期抑郁 还是有自杀倾向? |
[15:13] | No,no,just the opposite. | 不 恰恰相反 |
[15:15] | Ollie was stable,trustworthy. | Ollie 很稳定 很值得信任 |
[15:18] | He was an eagle scout. Did you know that? | 他是个老鹰童子军呢 你知道吗? |
[15:20] | It stillmeant something to him. | 他依旧牢记在心 |
[15:22] | Uh…thrifty,brave… whatever. | 呃… 简朴 勇敢… 什么的 |
[15:28] | He could still recitethe whole silly oath by heart. | 他还能背下那些傻傻的宣誓呢 |
[15:31] | And you’d thinksomeone like that would be dull…repressed. | 你觉得这样的人怎么会变得 迟钝 或者抑郁 |
[15:38] | But not ollie. He was decent. | 根本不是Ollie 他很正派 |
[15:43] | Too decent. | 太正派了 |
[15:45] | =Maybe I, maybe I didn’tdeserve someonequite so – solidstate insurance… | – 也许 我配不上这样一个… – 这里是Solid保险公司… |
[15:50] | oh,hello?Hold on,please. I’m so sorry,mrs.Henry. | 你好? 请别挂 我很抱歉 Henry太太 |
[15:53] | I was on hold for 15 minutesbefore you got here. | 你来之前 我就候机了15分钟 |
[15:56] | Hello? Yes. Hi. Uh,fine. Thank you. | 你好? 是的 呃 好的 谢谢你 |
[16:00] | Um,I’m calling to inquire aboutyour multiple-driver discount. | 我想咨询下多人驾驶同车 的保险费用折扣问题… |
[16:03] | I want to find out what kindof rate my fianc and I can — ? | 我想找一种适合我和我未婚夫 的保险套餐? |
[16:06] | oh,no,please don’t put me on hold! | 别再让我在候机啦! |
[16:10] | Your callis important to us. Thank you for continuingto hold. | 你的来电对我们很重要 谢谢你继续等待 |
[16:13] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[16:15] | You were saying? | 说道哪儿了? |
[16:16] | You’re getting married. Oh… | 你要结婚了 哦… |
[16:18] | yes.Well,I’m engaged… so,yes. | 是的 我订婚了… 对 |
[16:23] | Putting all your thingstogether? | 筹备的七七八八啦? |
[16:25] | Bit by bit. It is time-consuming. | 一点一点的 这真花时间 |
[16:28] | When you take it apart,too. | 分开的时候也一样 |
[16:32] | Speaking of which,were you satisfiedwith your divorce settlement? | 说到分开 你对你的离婚协议 满意吗? |
[16:37] | Oh,ollie was…fair. | Ollie 很…公平 |
[16:41] | I got a lot of cash,and he got the house. | 我得到了很多现金 他拥有房子 |
[16:44] | And max and mathilde,too. | 还有Max和Mathilde |
[16:47] | The dogs. | 两条狗 |
[16:48] | And you have them now,right? | 现在是你的了 对吧? |
[16:51] | Well,yes,I should have hadthem in the first place or at leastjoint custody,anyway. | 是啊 我本来就该养着它们的 至少也该是共同监管 |
[16:55] | Ollie thought I didn’t pay themenough attention. | Ollie 觉得我根本不在意它们 |
[16:59] | Mrs.Henry,are you aware that you are still named | Henry太太 你是否知道 |
[17:03] | as the sole beneficiary of your ex-husband’slife insurance? | 你依旧是你丈夫人寿保险金 的唯一收益人? |
[17:10] | -Are you sure? -Oh,I’m positive. | – 你确定吗? – 我很肯定 |
[17:12] | Your ex-husband dies,and you get $10 million. | 你的前夫去世 你得到一千万 |
[17:16] | Look,ms.Johnson,even the fairestdivorce attorneys make enemies. It comes with the job. | 瞧 Johnson女士 即使是最公正的离婚律师 也会树敌 这是这份工作的副产品 |
[17:22] | One party feels they’re notgetting enough, the other party feelsthey’re giving too much. | 一方觉得没有得到应得的 另一方觉得付出的过多 |
[17:27] | You make enemiesjust doing the right thing. | 你正确的决断也会树敌 |
[17:29] | Well,is there any particularclient or spouse he was concerned about? | 有没有哪位委托人或者其配偶 让你先生格外的担忧? |
[17:33] | Well,he didn’t talk muchabout it — attorney-client privilege. | 他不太谈起这个的 由于律师和委托人之间的保密协议 |
[17:37] | But he was getting flakfrom someone — the husband of a client,about a flarpl that — | 不过的确有个委托人的老公对他 充满恶意 问题出在”Flarpl” |
[17:42] | I’m sorry,a what? | 抱歉 什么? |
[17:45] | Family law attorney’sreal property lien — flarpl. | 家族律师所得房产留置权 简称”Flarpl” |
[17:50] | Sounds like something you’d getat a dairy queen…in india. | 听起来像是印度的奶品皇后店里卖的东西 (奶品皇后:美国冰淇淋店) |
[17:54] | Well,it’s a law permittingasshole divorce lawyers to put a lien on a client’shome to ensure payment. | 这条法律让离婚律师这些混蛋们 有权得到委托人房产的留置权 以保证自己得到律师费 |
[18:01] | Your second wife? | 拜你第二个老婆所赐? |
[18:05] | All right,if y’all don’t mind going over these names again and see if | 不介意的话 你们再看看这些名字 |
[18:10] | any flarplsor “fliprls” turn up? Thank you. Thank you so much. | 看看还有没有啥”留置权”参合其中 谢谢 多谢了哈 |
[18:15] | And what did you findin rechecking the names? | 重新看过那些名字后 你们有什么新发现么 |
[18:18] | We found five f-flarpls. | 我们发现了5个”留…留置权” |
[18:22] | Flarpls? | 留置权? |
[18:22] | Fla– flarplsamong mr.Henry’s cases. | 在Henry先生手上的5个案子中 发现了家族律师不动产留置权纠葛 |
[18:26] | Had any of those fivebeen issued against someone with a blackconvertible bmw? | 这五个人里 可有人因 黑色敞篷宝马而惹上官司? |
[18:30] | One –against the defendant. | 有一个 那就是被告 |
[18:35] | Your honor,this would bea good time to stop for the day. | 法官 今天差不多该结束了 |
[18:38] | Okay.Ladies and gentlemen,remember your oath. | 好的 各位请记住你们的宣誓 |
[18:41] | You are not to discussthis case with anyone,including the membersof the press. | 你们不能和任何人谈论此案 包括媒体 |
[18:45] | We’ll reconvene heretomorrow morning at 9:00. | 明天早上9点再开庭 |
[18:48] | And let me remindthe reporters present — | 各位在场的记者请注意 |
[18:50] | you are to conduct your business outside the four walls of this building. | 要采访就在这栋大楼外面采访 |
[19:01] | -Good job. -I hope so. | – 干得好 – 希望如此 |
[19:03] | With judge tianodisallowing the dog hair from valerie henry’smangy pets… | Tiano法官驳回Valerie Henry的 宠物狗毛作为证据的申请 |
[19:07] | -You arrested the rightguy.Don’t worry about it. -That’s why this isso frustrating. | – 你没抓错人 别担心 – 正因为如此我才懊恼 |
[19:11] | I keep going over everythingin my head. | 我把所有的事情在脑子里过了一遍 |
[19:13] | If I had been ableto get a confession,we wouldn’t even be herein the first place. | 如果我让他认罪的话 我们也不用来这里了 |
[19:15] | Ah,look,look,look,look,look. | 快瞧 |
[19:17] | We have a media scrumwe have to walk through. | 前面有那么多媒体记者要对付 |
[19:19] | So before you walkinto that — | 在走近他们之前 |
[19:20] | commander taylor will coach youthrough your statement. | Taylor指挥官将会指导你 如何在媒体前讲话 |
[19:24] | That’s ridiculous. I know exactly what to say. | 荒唐 我知道该说什么 |
[19:26] | No,you don’t and you’re irritableand you snap at people. | 不 你不知道 你很暴躁 而且还冲人发脾气 |
[19:29] | I do not. We shouldn’t evenbe talking to the press. Vultures. | 我才不会 我根本就不该跟他们谈 都是群缠住人不放的家伙 |
[19:41] | I want to thank y’allfor your interest in this case. | 感谢你们对此案的关注 |
[19:44] | The lapd has decidedthat commander taylor will be fieldingall your questions today. | 洛杉矶警方决定由Taylor指挥官 解答你们今天所提出的所有问题 |
[19:48] | Thank you. Thank you so much. Pardon me. | 非常感谢 我要先走了 |
[19:52] | Uh… well,um,let me,uh,make a short — a brief opening statement here. | 呃…我先做个简短的开场白 |
[20:01] | We feel thatthis case represents the best that our justice systemhas to offer. | 我觉得此案很好的体现了 我们司法系统伸张正义… |
[20:08] | Good morning. | 早上好 各位 |
[20:11] | Let me remind you,deputy chief johnson,that you are still under oath. | 我提醒一下你 Johnson副局 你仍在宣誓的约束下 |
[20:16] | Mr.Garnett,you may proceed. | Garnett先生 你可以发问 |
[20:17] | Thank you,your honor. | 谢谢 法官大人 |
[20:19] | Good morning,deputy chief johnson. | 早上好 Johnson副局 |
[20:22] | We left off yesterday discussing the exhaustive searchyou made | 昨天尾声时 我们谈论了 你们对Henry先生手上委托人 |
[20:26] | of mr.Henry’scurrent and past clients and their spses. | 以及其过去伴侣的详细调查 |
[20:29] | Among the five people against whom he had issued flarpls, | 这五个人都受到了 家族律师不动产留置权的约束 |
[20:32] | you found onewith a black convertible bmw. | 你发现有一个人有黑色敞蓬宝马 |
[20:36] | Dr.Jonathan schafer. | Jonathan Schafer医生 |
[20:38] | And who is he? | 他是谁 |
[20:39] | He’s an ophthalmologist, and his wife,kristen schafer, | 一个眼科医生 |
[20:42] | hired mr.Henry to beher divorce attorney. | Henry先生是他老婆Kristen Schafer 的离婚律师 |
[20:44] | And then henry took out a flarplagainst the schafer residence. | 然后Henry对Schafer家大屋 申请了留置权 |
[20:49] | What? | 什么 |
[20:50] | Henry put a lienon schafer’s house. | Henry收取Schafer的房产抵押利息 |
[20:57] | Sorry. I have to take this. | 抱歉 我必须接个电话 |
[20:59] | Hello? Yes,uh,multiple-driverrate. That’s right. | 你好 是的 多人驾驶的保险 |
[21:03] | Y’all go on. | 你们继续 |
[21:04] | -Um… -I know this. | – 呃 – 我知道这个 |
[21:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:08] | Anyway,chief,uh,we havereports of a confrontation between dr.Schaferand mr.Henry. | 头儿 我们有一份 Schafer医生和Henry冲突的报告 |
[21:15] | Schafer left threatson henry’s voice mail. | Schafer在语音信箱里威胁henry |
[21:17] | And registered to schaferat the dmv is a 2006black bmw convertible. | Schafer注册的 是辆2006款的黑色敞蓬宝马 |
[21:23] | And this divorcewas acrimonious? | 这个离婚是充满仇恨的? |
[21:25] | Uh,that pointdoesn’t fit so well. Dr.Schafer and his wifeended up reconciling. | 不对 Schafer和他妻子最后和解了 |
[21:30] | What? | 什么? |
[21:33] | Sorry. That is twicewhat I’m paying now. | 抱歉 那是我现在所支付的两倍 |
[21:37] | No,I don’T. You know what? Just forget it,okay? | 不 我不要 算了 |
[21:41] | Thank you so much. | 多谢 |
[21:44] | Problem? | 有什么问题? |
[21:45] | I’m trying to combine fritzand my car-insurance policy for a discount, | 我想把我和Fritz的汽车保险办在一起 那样能打折 |
[21:49] | and I-I-I can’tseem to get it for some reason. | 但是不知道怎么了居然不能打折 |
[21:52] | I got a guy. Let me see what I can get you. | 那方面我有人 我看看能不能帮你 |
[21:54] | -Are you sure? I-I don’t –yes. | – 你确定? 我不想搞到… – 是的 |
[21:56] | Because then thatwill free you up to figure out all this businesswith the — | 因为那样你就有空把这堆 |
[22:00] | the flarpl,the car,and the knockout drug adds up to specific evidenceagainst dr.Schafer. | 房产留置权 宝马车和迷药啥的 总汇一起 成为指控Schafer医生的证据 |
[22:06] | There must have been otherdoctors that henry was suing. | Henry肯定还起诉了其他的医生 |
[22:08] | Do you have a license plateon this bmw? | 你知道要找的那两宝马车牌多少吗? |
[22:11] | No. | 不知道 |
[22:12] | Look,I’m meeting with the wifelater on this afternoon. | 我今天下午会和他妻子谈谈 |
[22:15] | I’ll get some morebackground information. | 我会得到更多的背景信息 |
[22:18] | Look,I knowwe have some blanks. | 我知道还有些盲点… |
[22:19] | Well,fill them in,now,because having all seven of you working on this case for over a week | 那就快点解决盲点 我们七个为这件案子忙了一个多星期了 |
[22:25] | when we still can’t saydefinitively if this is a murder — | 却还不能确定这是否是一起谋杀 |
[22:27] | oh,no,it is.It is.I’m sure of it. | 不 这是谋杀 我敢肯定 |
[22:30] | And this dr.Schafer –he is our best bet. | 我们就在这个Schafer医生 身上压大注 |
[22:33] | Please don’t gamble,especially with the presslooking over your shoulder | 别来赌博那套 特别是在媒体都盯着我们的时候 |
[22:36] | because the evidenceyou’ve got is enough to | 我们所收集的证据 |
[22:38] | ruin thisguy’s life but not enough to arrest himfor murder. | 足以悔掉他的一生 却不能指证他谋杀 |
[22:42] | If you’re gonna continueto go after schafer,do it with a whisper. | 如果你还想抓住Schafer 做得秘密些 |
[22:49] | So,chief…what now? | 头儿 我们现在做什么? |
[23:10] | So,I last saw mr.Henry –hmm — | 我最后一次见到Henry |
[23:14] | I guess it must have been,gosh,just a day or twobefore he died. | 应该是他死前的一两天吧 |
[23:19] | That’s when you told him youand your husband had reconciled? | 就是你告诉他 你和你丈夫和解的时候? |
[23:22] | Trying to reconcile. | 是试图和解 |
[23:24] | Which was his original advice –mr.Henry’S. | 这是Henry先生最初的建议 |
[23:26] | The day that I hired him,the first thing he told me was, | 我雇佣他那天 他和我说的第一件事是 |
[23:29] | “see if you can work things outwith your husband.” | 看看你们还能不能和解 |
[23:31] | And why did you file for divorcein the first place? | 那你当初为什么想要离婚? |
[23:42] | Jonathan was having an affairwith this girl in his office. | Jonathan和他办公室的 一个女的有外遇 |
[23:48] | Kind of clich? | 挺俗套的 |
[23:49] | doctor’s wife losing outt o her husband’s receptionist. | 医生的妻子输给了他丈夫的前台 |
[23:53] | But that’s over,and he swearsshe was the only one. | 但那都结束了 他说就她一个 |
[23:57] | And you believe him? | 你相信? |
[24:00] | I’d like to. | 不得不信 |
[24:02] | My family,you know? | 为了这个家 |
[24:05] | Did you know your husbandhad threatened your attorney. | 你知道你丈夫威胁你的律师么 |
[24:08] | But jonathan would never haveactually done anything violent.He’S… | 但是Jonathan不会做出 任何暴力的事情 |
[24:13] | he’s an ophthalmologistnot a biker. | 他是个眼科医生 不是飞车党 |
[24:17] | He may be a cheat,but he’s not a killer. | 他也许是个偷情者 但决不会杀人 |
[24:20] | I know my husband. | 我了解我的丈夫 |
[24:22] | You didn’t knowhe was having an affair. | 但你以前不知道他外面有女人 |
[24:23] | I thk I did. | 我知道的 |
[24:25] | I just…didn’t wantto believe it. | 我只是不愿相信 |
[24:30] | Uh,do you knowwhere your husband was the night of the murder? | 你知道凶案发生那晚 你丈夫在哪么? |
[24:34] | Well,no. | 不知道 |
[24:35] | He’s still stayingat the beverly wilshire until we figure things out. | 在我们和解之前 他一直待在Beverly Wilshire酒店里 |
[24:40] | Look,why would jonathankill my attorney… | Jonathan 怎么会杀我的律师呢 |
[24:46] | …especiallyafter I told him we could maybe give our marriageanother try? | 尤其是在我告诉他 我愿意再给他一次机会之后? |
[24:49] | If I change my mind,I’ll just hire another lawyer. | 如果改变主意了 我会另外聘个律师 |
[24:54] | He can’t drown them all. | 他不可能把他们都淹死吧 |
[25:06] | Let’s find this receptionist that dr.Schafer was cheatingwith and talk to her. | 我们找跟Schafer医生有外遇 的前台谈谈吧 |
[25:10] | And I want to get a searchwarrant for dr.Schafer’s car. | 我还需搜查令来搜查Schafer的汽车 |
[25:13] | Maybe you can look throughthe bmw while I talk to him. | 也许我和他说话时 你能检查下那车 |
[25:15] | Maybe he won’t even knowwe did it. | 他可能不会注意到 |
[25:17] | Sergeant,this is a murder,isn’t it? | 你认为这是一起谋杀吗 |
[25:22] | I think so. | 我觉得是 |
[25:24] | And on paper… | 但是没有实际证据 |
[25:26] | I mean,the doctormakes a good suspect,yeah, but I thought his wife made a good point. | 那医生确实可疑 但他老婆的观点也没错 |
[25:29] | I mean,she drops her divorce,the lien goes away. | 她不想离婚了 那房产抵押就没有了 |
[25:32] | Dr.Schafer killsthe attorney — why? | Schafer医生为什么还要杀律师? |
[25:37] | I don’t know the answerto that… yet. | 我还不知道为什么 |
[25:41] | Maybe the good doctorcan tell me. Thank you. | 也许那医生会告诉我们 谢谢 |
[26:09] | I’m so sorry I’m so late. | 非常抱歉我迟到了 |
[26:13] | Um,yeah,I never get it right. | 我一直搞不清楚 |
[26:15] | Is it an optometristor an ophthalmologist who performs eye surgery? | 验光师和眼科医生 哪个是做眼科手术的? |
[26:22] | An ophthalmologist. | 眼科医生 |
[26:23] | And which one are you? | 那你是哪一种 |
[26:25] | -The surgery kind. -Okay. | – 做手术的那种 – 哦 |
[26:28] | So,what is this about? What did you guys want? | 这是怎么回事 你们想干什么? |
[26:31] | -Nobody told youwhy you were here? -No. | – 没人告诉过你你为什么在这么? – 没有 |
[26:34] | No.I got a call.Someone asked if I could talk to the police. | 我接到电话 有人问我能否和警方谈谈 |
[26:37] | And when I arrived, almost…an hour ago, | 我一个小时前到的 |
[26:41] | a white-haired guy,he just toldme my rights and left me here. | 一个白头发的告诉我我的权利 然后走了 |
[26:43] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[26:45] | We are talking to so many people today. | 我们今天找了很多人谈话 |
[26:48] | That white-haired guy’s normally really sweet. | 那白头发的平时很和善的 |
[26:51] | He must have been in a rush. | 他应该是有急事吧 |
[26:53] | Um… I’m sure that you heard aboutwhat happened to oliver henry? | 你应该听说Oliver Henry的事了吧? |
[26:59] | Yeah,the guy who almostgot my wife to divorce me. | 那个害我和我老婆差点离婚的家伙 |
[27:01] | I heard he died — fell ina pool or maybe pushed him. | 听说他死了…掉进游泳池里 也许是被推下去的 |
[27:04] | Exactly. So we’re investigatinghis death. | 没错 我们正调查他的死因 |
[27:08] | No,no,no,no,no.Don’t worry. Standard procedure. | 不 不 不 别担心 按章程办事而已 |
[27:11] | We’re talking to all his clientsand their spouses — people like you and your wife. | 我们要和他所有的委托人及其配偶谈 就像你和你太太这样的 |
[27:17] | It’s taking us some time. | 花了我们不少时间 |
[27:19] | -You’ve talked to kristen? -Yes. | – 你和Kristen谈过了? – 对 |
[27:21] | Standard procedure. | 按章程办事而已哈 |
[27:25] | Um,she said… that she actually followedmr.Henry’s advice | 她说… 她其实听从了Henry先生的意见 |
[27:31] | and that maybe you twowere working things out? | 也许 你俩可以和好如初? |
[27:34] | Yeah,we’re trying. | 是的 我们在努力 |
[27:36] | I,uh,behaved badly –very badly. | 我之前表现不好…很不好 |
[27:41] | I’m trying to do everythingI can to rebuild her trust. It’s hard. | 我正尽自己所能让她再度信任我 这并不容易 |
[27:45] | I wish I could just go backand do things differently. | 我希望能回到从前 彻头彻尾的改过 |
[27:48] | Well,hindsight’s 20/20. | 事后诸葛 |
[27:53] | Little eye-doctor humorfor you. | 给你来点眼科医生的幽默 |
[27:56] | Ah.Very good. | 很有意思 |
[27:59] | So,um,you were madwhen your wife hired mr.Henry. | 你太太请了Henry先生后 你很生气 |
[28:05] | You — you yelled at him. | 你…你曾对他大吼 |
[28:07] | Yeah,I didn’t have a very adultresponse to the whole thing. | 对 我对整件事并不冷静 |
[28:10] | I — I,um… …Made some calls in the heatof the moment that I — it was so stupid. | 我…在盛怒之下打了几个电话… 真傻 |
[28:16] | She had every rightto hire an attorney. | 她有权请律师 |
[28:18] | I think I justdidn’t want it to be my fault. | 我只是不愿承认这是我的错 |
[28:19] | I wanted it to be henry’s fault, as irrational as that sounds. | 我希望是Henry的错 这么做和听上去一样 毫无道理 |
[28:23] | They finished searching the bmw,chief. | 他们查完宝马车了 警长 |
[28:27] | Well,let’s finish up hereso you can be on your way. | 我们赶紧结束 你就可以回去了 |
[28:30] | Um,so,we have three questions that we’re asking everyone about the night that oliver henry died. | 所有被调查的人都得回答三个问题 Oliver Henry死去当晚 |
[28:37] | Um,where you were… what you were doing,and who you were with. | 你们在哪里… 做什么 和谁一起 |
[28:44] | Sure. Of course. | 没问题 |
[28:47] | That was,um… | 应该是… |
[28:53] | as a matter of fact,I was out of town. | 其实 我出城了 |
[28:55] | Really? | 真的? |
[28:56] | Yeah.I was on a sort ofa get-my-head-together fishing tripwith a buddy of mine. | 是的 我去钓鱼了 让头脑清醒一下 和一个哥们一起去的 |
[29:02] | A-a-and the nameof your friend? | 一个…你哥们名叫? |
[29:04] | Barnes — topper barnes. | |
[29:06] | “Topper. ” That’s two p’s,lieutenant. | “Topper” P要双写 警探 |
[29:09] | We were on his boat for four days. | 我们在他船上待了4天 |
[29:11] | I think — I think I havethe number right here. | 我想…我有他的电话 |
[29:17] | Yep. There it is. 3– well, here. | 对 在这里 第三个… |
[29:21] | Thank you. Perfect. | 谢谢 太好了 |
[29:25] | And,um,uh,the name of the boat? | 船名是? |
[29:28] | Uh,super plum. | 超级李子 |
[29:33] | We were — we took it outof marina del rey. | 我们…开船从德乐瑞港出发 |
[29:36] | Talk to topper. I was with him the whole time. | 去问Topper吧 我一直和他一起 |
[29:38] | All right,then. | 好吧 那么 |
[29:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[29:41] | You can stop it right there. | 在这里停下 |
[29:47] | So,my client told youhe had an alibi. | 那么 我的当事人告诉你们 他有不在场证明 |
[29:52] | What’s the problem? | 有什么问题? |
[29:53] | Well,as is often the case of those suspected of committingmurder in the first degree, | 同其他被控一级谋杀的嫌犯一样 |
[29:58] | your client lied. | 你的当事人撒谎了 |
[30:06] | So,my client produced an alibi,and you decided was fake. | 我的当事人提出不在场证明 你判定是假的 |
[30:10] | I didn’t decideit was fake. The alibicouldn’t be verified. | 我没有判定不在场证明是假 但这个证明无法核实 |
[30:13] | Neither the boatnor the man dr.Schafer told us about existed. | Schafer的不在场证明所涉及的船和人 都找不到 |
[30:16] | Isn’t it true,ms.Johnson,that you and your squad have been restricted from working overtime? | Johnson女士 你与手下是否因为本案连续加班? |
[30:21] | -Yes.We have to apply for — -do you ever feel any pressure to solve cases faster? | – 是的 我们得申请… – 你们是否倍感压力 想尽快结案? |
[30:24] | I wish I could solveeverything faster,sir. | 我希望能尽快解决所有问题 先生 |
[30:27] | -I drive myselfto find killers – – well,what if my client’s alibi were out there somewhere, | – 我独自开车寻找凶手… – 会不会我当事人确实有不在场证明 |
[30:31] | and you couldn’t find it simplybecause you lacked the time or the resources? | 而你只是因为时间不足 资源有限 并没有找到而已? |
[30:35] | Time was not the issue. | 时间不是问题 |
[30:37] | So,S.I.D. Isn’t donewith the stuff they vacuumedout of the car yet. | 从车里取得的证物 鉴证科还没分析出来 |
[30:40] | They say they’re gonna needat least another two hours. | 他们说至少还需要两小时 |
[30:42] | But look,chief,we’ve donemaster searches on this guy topper barnes,and he doesn’t exist. | 不过 头儿 我们反复调查Topper Barnes 这人并不存在 |
[30:48] | What about the phone numberdr. Schafer gave us? | Schafer医生给的那个手机号呢? |
[30:50] | Dead end. Registered to a disposablecellphone. | 是个抛弃式手机 查不出来 |
[30:53] | We’re finding outwhere it was purchased. | 可以查到手机哪里买的 |
[30:54] | Chief,bottom line,you’d havean easier time finding santa. | 头儿 反正找他比找圣诞老人还难 |
[30:57] | I mean,what kind of a nameis “topper,” anyway? It’s ridiculous. | Topper这算是个啥名? 太荒谬了 |
[31:00] | Topper’s boat is nowhereto be found,either. | Topper的船也找不到 |
[31:03] | Can’t find a registrationthe super plum, and no local marinahas ever heard of it. | 注册的船没有叫”超级李子”的 码头附近的人也从没听说过 |
[31:11] | Chief,I put the receptionistfrom schafer’s office in interview room number one. | 头儿 我把Schafer办公室的前台 带到1号审讯室了 |
[31:16] | Her name is michelle edwards. | 她叫Michelle Edwards |
[31:18] | She brought her portfolio withher like we do tv or something. | 她带了照片 像要上电视似的 |
[31:22] | Take a look. Great set of twins. | 瞧 看着对大波 |
[31:24] | Thank you,detective sanchez. | 谢谢 Sanchez警探 |
[31:26] | Lieutenant provenza,would youplease look after miss edwards? Thank you. | Provenza中尉 请接待一下Edwards小姐 好吗? 谢谢 |
[31:29] | I’ll take that,boys. | 那个给我 兄弟们 |
[31:30] | And I’ll need to familiarizemyself with the subjects — subject. | 我得熟悉熟悉这对大波… 我是说她 |
[31:35] | Hey! Why does he get to go — | 嘿! 为什么让他去… |
[31:36] | uh, lieutenant flynn,see if you can give dr.Schafer a ride back downto parker center. | Flynn警探 你看能不能送Schafer医生回总部 |
[31:41] | Maybe he knows where we can findhis invisible friend. | 也许他知道去哪里 能找到他那位隐性朋友 |
[31:46] | Will,I’m sorry. This caseisn’t quite wrapped up yet. | 对不起 Will 案子还没有头绪 |
[31:49] | -But I’m expectingany minute – this isn’t about the case. | – 但正在紧张调查 – 不是案子的事 |
[31:53] | There’s a problemwith your insurance, and your ratewon’t be going down. | 关于你的保险 保险费费降不下来 |
[31:58] | -What aboutyour broker guy? -He can’t do anything. | – 你认识的那个保险经济呢? – 他无能为力 |
[32:00] | -I thought you said -he just can’T. | – 你说他能帮忙的 – 他就是办不到 |
[32:04] | Uh,look,you should talk to fritz. | 你该和Fritz谈谈 |
[32:08] | Is there somethingyou know that I don’t? | 你有什么瞒着我? |
[32:11] | Um,I’m not sure. | 我不知道 |
[32:14] | You know what? I really shouldn’teven be involved in this. | 你知道吗? 我不该被扯进来的 |
[32:18] | Just tell me! | 告诉我! |
[32:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:28] | Fritz has two D.U.I. S on hisrecord about a month apart from,like,five years ago. | 五年前 Fritz曾经间隔一个月 连续两次酒后驾驶 |
[32:33] | -D.U.I.S? -So you didn’t know. Great. | – 酒后驾驶记录? – 看来你不知道 不错 |
[32:35] | But fritz doesn’t drink. | 但Fritz不喝酒的 |
[32:38] | Right. | 没错 |
[32:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:44] | The informationis all in that report. | 报告里都有记录 |
[32:46] | If you decideto discuss it with fritz,just don’t tell him you heardabout it from me,please? | 如果你要和Fritz谈这个 请别告诉他是我说的 好吗? |
[32:52] | And I’m — I’m sorry to bethe bearer of bad news. | 我很抱歉告诉你这个坏消息 |
[32:59] | Really. | 真的抱歉 |
[33:03] | Yeah,right. I bet you are. | 是啊 没错 我想你也一定很抱歉 |
[33:13] | -Where are you from? -Well,I’m from dallas. | – 你哪里人? – 我来自达拉斯 |
[33:15] | I actually just moved here about two years ago. | 两年前搬来这里 |
[33:18] | Hey,hey,hey. | 嘿 |
[33:18] | I only worked at jonathan’s office during the day. | 我白天在Jonathan的办公室工作 |
[33:21] | I’m an actress,and the hours didn’t conflictwith my classes. | 我是演员 工作时间和 我的上课时间不冲突 |
[33:24] | It’s nice to havethat kind of day job. | 能找到这样的日班工作真不错 |
[33:27] | And before that,I wasa waitress at a sports bar. | 之前 我是一个球赛酒吧的服务生 |
[33:30] | The doctor’s officewas loads better than getting your ass pinchedfor tips all day. | 在医生办公室工作 可比整天出卖色相赚小费好得多 |
[33:35] | Men are such pigs. | 男人都是那个色迷迷的德行 |
[33:40] | Hello,michelle.I’m deputy chief johnson. | 你好 Michelle 我是副局Johnson |
[33:44] | I just have a few questions to ask you | 有几个问题要问你 |
[33:46] | because we’re investigating the death of kristen schafer’s divorce attorney, | 我们正在调查Kristen Schafer 离婚律师的死因 |
[33:50] | and we hear that you wereinvolved in the divorce. | 听说你与离婚的事有关联 |
[33:54] | Yes. | 是 |
[33:56] | That’s why I’m not working withjonathan — dr.Schafer — anymore. | 就是因为这个 我没再和Jonathan…Schafer医生共事 |
[34:01] | His wife found out that he wasseeing me,and I was let go. | 她老婆发现他和我有关系 我就被解雇了 |
[34:06] | And were you surprised by that? | 他这么做 你很吃惊? |
[34:07] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:08] | He told me for months that his marriage was technically over, | 他早就跟我说 婚姻已经名存实亡 |
[34:12] | that I made him feellike more of a man. | 而我让他觉得自己是个真正的男人 |
[34:14] | But then he totally freaked outwhen she was leaving him. | 但他老婆要离开他的时候 他对我却突然转变 |
[34:17] | It just makes me wonder whatother lies he was telling me. | 让我好奇他是不是还骗过我什么 |
[34:20] | Well,have you seenor spoken to dr.Schafer since he treated youso badly? | Schafer医生如此薄待你后 你们见过面或者说过话吗? |
[34:24] | He met me for lunch once,sort of a goodbye thing. | 他曾约我吃了顿午饭 告别 |
[34:29] | And then I called him after I heard about her lawyerdying on the news. | 在新闻里我听说他老婆的律师死了 给他打过电话 |
[34:35] | -And what did he say? -He was surprised. | – 他说什么? – 他很吃惊 |
[34:38] | But he couldn’t really talkbecause she was there. | 不过她就在他身边 他也没法说什么 |
[34:41] | And he’d justgotten back into town. | 他刚从城外回来 |
[34:43] | From? | 从哪里? |
[34:44] | Some boat trip he took forthe weekend with his friend,topper something. | 他和一个叫Topper的朋友 开船出去过周末了 |
[34:51] | -And did you ever meet this topper in person or -not in person. | – 你见过这个Topper或者… – 没见过 |
[34:54] | -Find out where he’s from -No,no | – 知道他哪里人吗 – 不知道 |
[34:56] | -or what he did for a living? -No,nothing. | – 或者他做什么的? – 不知道 |
[34:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:01] | Well,thank you so much forgoing over all this with us. | 谢谢你前来与我们合作 |
[35:06] | The lieutenant herewill show you out. | 这位中尉会送你出去 |
[35:11] | Oh,so,am I free to go,then,or — | 我可以走了吗 还是… |
[35:16] | well,just a few morestandard questions that we — we ask all of our witnesses. | 还有几个程序上的问题 是所有证人都要回答的 |
[35:21] | First,since you,uh,broke up with dr.Schafer, have you started datinganybody else? | 第一 你和Schafer医生分手后 和其他人约会了吗? |
[35:28] | No,not yet. | 不 还没有 |
[35:30] | Oh.That’s too bad. | 那太糟糕了 |
[35:35] | And what is the best wayto get in touch with you? | 怎么和你保持联系呢? |
[35:48] | Excuse me,chief. | 不好意思 头儿 |
[35:52] | Yes,sergeant. | 什么事 警佐 |
[35:53] | Lieutenant flynnis back with schafer. They’re ininterview room two. | Flynn中尉陪同Schafer医生 在2号审问室 |
[35:56] | You might want to talkto our ophthalmologist about what S.I.D.Got backfrom the vehicl | 鉴证科从车里取证的化验结果出来了 也许你该找眼科专家谈谈 |
[36:01] | No fibers from the henry home,no chemicals from the pool… | 没找到来自Henry家的纤维 没有游泳池里的化学物质… |
[36:04] | dog hair. | 狗毛 |
[36:06] | Do the schafers have pets? | Schafer家养狗吗? |
[36:08] | No,chief,but remember,the victim had two dogs. | 不养 头儿 不过请别忘了 受害者有两条狗 |
[36:10] | And S.I.D. Vacuumed the housereally well after we were done with it,and guess what. | 我们搜查过后 鉴证科的人 又去Henry的大屋洗尘一遍 猜猜怎样? |
[36:14] | “We matched the hairfrom the victim’s dog to the hair in dr.Schafer’sconvertible. | “受害者所养狗的毛发与Schafer医生 车内发现的狗毛是一致的” |
[36:17] | ” Oh,thank god! | 谢天谢地! |
[36:20] | Oh.Sorry. | 对不起 |
[36:23] | Sergeant,excuse me. | 警佐 不好意思 |
[36:25] | Oh,thank you. Thank you so much. | 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[36:43] | Dr.Schafer.I am so sorry to interrupt your day,but,um, | Schafer医生 很抱歉打扰你 但是… |
[36:46] | I just have a few more things I’d like to clear up. | 我们有些疑惑需要你解答 |
[36:49] | Such as? | 比如? |
[36:50] | Well,uh,oddly enough,though we have done our very best to find this friend of yours, | 最奇怪的是 我们费尽心思要找你朋友 |
[36:55] | the reclusive topper barnes,he seems to have disappearedoff the face of the earth. | 这位隐居起来的Topper Barnes 他好像从地球上消失了 |
[36:59] | Or perhaps he sailedoff the edge of it in the fabulous super plum, | 或许他开着那艘神奇的隐性船 “超级李子” |
[37:03] | his magical and invisible boat,since no one else has ever seenhide nor tail of it but you. | 一路开到从地球表面消失 因为除你之外没人见过那船 |
[37:08] | Ms.Johnson,excuse me,but I think you should knowI’ve already called my lawyer. | Johnson女士 不好意思 你该知道我已经打电话给我律师了 |
[37:14] | Whatever for? | 为什么? |
[37:15] | Because I didn’t likeleaving here the last time | 因为我不希望和上次一样 |
[37:16] | and getting in my car and finding outthat you people had searched it. | 离开这里 回到车上 发现有人已经搜过我的车了 |
[37:19] | And honestly,that dumb-blonde act of yours didn’t fool me for a minute. | 老实说 你那愚蠢的表演根本没骗到我 |
[37:25] | You seem like an expertin dumb blondes. | 你就像个地道的傻冒 |
[37:30] | You sure you don’t wantto talk to me? | 你确定不想和我谈谈? |
[37:33] | I can make thingsso much easier for you, less embarrassing for your wifeand daughter. | 让你更好过一些 让你的太太和女儿不那么尴尬 |
[37:41] | May never have this chance again. | 也许不会再有这样的机会了 |
[37:45] | I’m gonnastick with my lawyer. | 我坚持等律师来 |
[37:48] | Look,I didn’t kill anyone. | 听着 我没杀人 |
[37:52] | Well,I’m sorry to disappointyou,dr.Schafer. | 让你失望了 Schafer医生 |
[37:56] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信 |
[38:02] | Lieutenant. | 中尉 |
[38:07] | Since you already have a lawyer,you understand your rights. | 既然你已经请了律师 你该知道你的权利 |
[38:10] | You’re under arrest for the murder of oliver henry. | 你被控谋杀Oliver Henry 我们现在逮捕你 |
[38:17] | I think we’ve gota problem. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[38:20] | With what? | 什么事? |
[38:22] | Chief,something you have to see. I was going overour case file. | 头儿 得让你看点东西 我刚检查了案件的文件 |
[38:26] | You got the S.I.D. Results,got the search warrant. | 你有了鉴证科的化验结果 有了搜查令 |
[38:29] | You got the dmv regon schafer’s bmw. | 有Schafer的宝马在机动车辆管理署 的注册信息 |
[38:32] | See? | 瞧? |
[38:38] | Deputy chief johnson,you remember dda garnett. | 副局Johnson 你记得副地方检察官Garnett吗? |
[38:41] | Yes. Hello. | 记得 你好 |
[38:42] | He’s had a chanceto review the evidence in the warrant in question. | 他有机会回顾一下 用被质疑的搜查令所搜到的证据 |
[38:45] | Perhaps you would like to tellhim about your concerns. | 或许你可以跟他谈谈 你的担心之处 |
[38:49] | Well,my concerns are that this man killedhis wife’s divorce attorney. | 我担心的是 这人杀了他老婆的离婚律师 |
[38:52] | And,um,some of the evidencethat we have to prove that may be inadmissible. | 但有些能证明这一点的证据 可能无法呈堂 |
[39:00] | Well,if it was just the transposedlicense plate numbers,I could probably swing that,but… | 如果只是车牌号被调换的事 我很可能能摆平 但… |
[39:05] | there–there’s something else? | 还有别的问题? |
[39:07] | Detective danielswas very specific about what you were lookingfor in dr.Schafer’s car, | Daniels警探对你们在 Schafer医生车里所要找的东西记录详细 |
[39:11] | and nowhere does itmention dog hair. | 但根本没提到狗毛 |
[39:15] | And I could probablyswing that on its own, | 如果只有这个 我也能搞定 |
[39:17] | but I have to add it to themixed-up license plate numbers. | 但加上搞错了的车牌号 |
[39:19] | I don’t know. It’s gonna depend on the judge. | 我就不知道了 得看法官了 |
[39:21] | But let me ask you this — | 不过我问你… |
[39:24] | is this the guy? | 确定是他干的吗? |
[39:26] | I mean,you know this is the guy? | 你确定是他干的? |
[39:30] | I do. I absolutely do. | 我确定 毫无疑问 |
[39:34] | But you have no evidenceto prove it,ms.Johnson. | 但你没证据证明 Johnson女士 |
[39:37] | Not that oliver henrywas murdered | 既不能证明Oliver Henrywas是被杀的 |
[39:39] | or that myclient was anywhere near him the night he died. | 也不能证明我的当事人 在他死亡当晚在附近 |
[39:42] | As for the drugfound in mr.Henry’s system, | Henry先生体内发现毒品 |
[39:45] | we’ve already established the possibility that | 我们可以确定有可能 |
[39:47] | he could haveself-medicated and fallen into the pool. | 他自己服药 然后掉进游泳池里 |
[39:51] | -On the whole,the evidence points – – evidence? | – 基本上 证明说明… – 证据? |
[39:54] | Like scuff marks? | 比如鞋的磨损? |
[39:55] | Those scuff marksare not present on any other pairof mr.Henry’s shoes. | 那些磨损与Henry先生的任何一双鞋 的磨损都不相符 |
[39:59] | And we found bitsof matching leather in the cement around the — | 我们还在泳池边上发现了 与其所穿皮鞋质地一致的… |
[40:02] | excuse me,ma’am.I wonder how many peoplein this courtroom have scuff markson their shoes. | 对不起 女士 我请问在做的各位 有多少人皮鞋上有磨损 |
[40:10] | I know I do. | 我知道我有 |
[40:12] | Does that meansomeone has tried to kill me? I don’t think so. | 那意味着有人要杀我? 我不这么认为 |
[40:17] | And do we know whenthe shoes were scuffed? | 你知道鞋什么时候磨损的吗? |
[40:20] | Can you say,ms.Johnson,that mr.Henry injured hisfootwear the night he died? | Johnson女士 你敢说 Henry先生的鞋 是死亡当晚磨损的? |
[40:26] | No. | 不能 |
[40:28] | No. So,frayed cloth,a coupleof knee and knuckle scrapes,scuff marks, | 不能 那么 衣服上有破洞 膝盖和关节有擦伤 拖行的痕迹 |
[40:34] | an unidentified bmw parked in the drivewayof mr.Henry’s house,and that’s it,yes? | Henry先生车库外停的来路不明的宝马车 就这些 对吗? |
[40:40] | You have no physical evidenceat all,do you? | 你根本没有物证 对吗? |
[40:47] | Yes or no,ms.Johnson? | 有还是没有 Johnson女士? |
[40:51] | Chief johnson,you will pleaseanswer the question about the physical evidence. | Johnson副局 请回答关于物证的问题 |
[40:55] | I don’t havea yes or no answer. | 我无法用”是或者不是”回答 |
[40:57] | But the lapdfound no evidence specifically linking my clientto the scene of the crime. | 但洛杉矶警局没证据讲我的当事人 和犯罪现场联系起来 |
[41:04] | -Isn’t thatwhat you’re telling us? -No. | – 你不是要告诉我们这些吧? – 不是 |
[41:07] | I’m sorry?You have other evidence? | 对不起? 你还有其他证据? |
[41:13] | -Your honor,I demand an answer. -Fine. | – 法官大人 我要求证人回答 – 好 |
[41:16] | In dr.Schafer’s car,we founddog hair from the victim’s — | 在Schafer医生车内 我们发现狗毛 是受害者… |
[41:18] | objection!The witness knows that evidencehas been disallowed. | 反对! 证人应该知道 这项证据不作为呈堂证供 |
[41:22] | You asked,for heaven’s sakes! | 看在上帝的份上 是你问的! |
[41:24] | Counselor,as boneheadedas it may be,you did ask. | 辩方律师 你都是蠢得厉害 但你的确问了 |
[41:28] | -I -very directly. | – 我 – 很直接地问了 |
[41:30] | So I will allowchief johnson to answer. | 所以我允许Johnson副局回答 |
[41:33] | Thank you,your honor. | 谢谢 法官大人 |
[41:35] | Mr.Henry owned two dogs. | Henry养了两条狗 |
[41:37] | We matched the dnaof the victim’s pets to the dog hair we foundin dr.Schafer’s bmw. | 我们对受害者宠物的DNA与Schafer的 宝马车内发现的狗毛进行比对 |
[41:46] | Excuse me,your honor. | 对不起 法官大人 |
[41:54] | Your honor,I would liketo request a brief recess. | 法官大人 我请求暂时休庭 |
[41:57] | Permission to approachthe bench,your honor? | 准许我们去法官席说两句吗 法官大人? |
[42:03] | I’m sorry,your honor,but a witness for the defensehas unexpectedly shown up. | 对不起 法官大人 一位辩方证人意外出现 |
[42:07] | -The defense teamhad ample time -we did not plan this,your honor. | – 太荒谬了 辩方有足够时间准备的 – 我们原本没计划这个 法官大人 |
[42:10] | Who is it? Who? | 是谁? 谁? |
[42:12] | Topper barnes,the guy with the boat — my client’s alibi. | Topper Barnes 船主… 我当事人的不在场证人 |
[42:27] | Mr.Garnett. | Garnett先生 |
[42:30] | Topper barnes,whoouassured me did not exist,shows up out of the blue. | Topper Barnes 你说不存在的人 突然出现 |
[42:34] | Mr.Garnett,we did ourdue diligence on mr.Barnes. | Garnett先生 我们尽全力寻找Barnes先生了 |
[42:36] | It seems to me the timing of hisarrival is awfully convenient. | 他出现的时间看起来太巧了 |
[42:40] | -Just tell mewhat I need to do. -Break schafer’s alibi. | – 告诉我 我要做什么 – 推翻Schafer的不在场证据 |
[42:43] | Otherwise,jeopardy is attached. | 否则 咱们就有麻烦了 |
[42:45] | If the case gets dismissedor goes to jury, the doctor walks,and I look like an idiot. | 如果案件被驳回 或者转至陪审团讨论裁决 医生就会无罪释放 而我就像个傻瓜 |
[42:48] | We’ll never be able to prosecuteanyone else for this murder | 那么在这个案子里 我们将无法起诉任何人谋杀 |
[42:50] | because the casewe’re having now creates all the reasonable doubt | 因为我们为陪审团 提供了一切合理的质疑 |
[42:52] | a jury’s gonna need to let the next defendantoff the hook. | 陪审团很难将下一被告绳之以法 |
[42:56] | This is a nightmare. | 简直是场噩梦 |
[42:58] | I will meet you backin your office in one hour. | 我一个小时之后去你办公室 |
[43:04] | Commander taylor,what can you tell us? | Taylor指挥官 有什么能透露的吗? |
[43:06] | Actually,deputy chief johnson will be takingyour questions today. | 今天 副局Johnson将回答你们的问题 |
[43:11] | Have a nice weekend. | 周末愉快 |
[43:26] | To Be Continued | 待续… |