时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | You say that your responsibility ended | 你说在图雷利离开你监管时 |
[00:04] | the moment Turell left your custody. | 你的职责就结束了 |
[00:06] | But in a civil trial, | 但是在民事审判中 |
[00:07] | the jury may very well decide | 陪审团很可能判定 |
[00:09] | that you behaved with a callous disregard to the suspect’s life. | 你对疑犯的生命冷漠无情 |
[00:13] | And if the city attorney starts to think | 而如果市政府指派的律师觉得 |
[00:15] | that he is losing this case — | 他会输掉这场官司… |
[00:16] | He could settle. | 他可能会调解 |
[00:17] | And you will be entirely on your own. | 然后你就只能自生自灭了 |
[00:20] | So what should I do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[00:21] | For your own sake, | 为了你自己着想 |
[00:22] | get your own attorney! | 去找个私人律师 |
[00:34] | And…two waters coming up. | 来喝点水吧 |
[00:38] | Thank you, Mr. Baker. | 谢谢 贝克先生 |
[00:39] | Oh, call me Gavin, please. | 叫我盖文就行 |
[00:42] | Oh, I’m sorry about those labels. | 瓶子上的标志让你们见笑了 |
[00:44] | I tell our managing partner it’s vulgar, | 我跟管行政的合伙人说过这个太俗了 |
[00:47] | but all the other big law firms are doing it, | 但所有大型律所都这么干 |
[00:49] | and apparently we’re all lemmings. | 显然别人干什么我们就得干什么 |
[00:51] | So, let’s review this civil suit, okay? | 我们来回顾下这个民事诉讼吧 |
[00:54] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -很好 |
[00:56] | Plaintiff’s attorney, Mr. Goldman, | 原告律师 高德曼先生说 |
[00:58] | states that while you had a black gang member, | 当黑人帮派人员图雷利·贝勒 |
[01:00] | Turell Baylor, in police custody, | 被警方拘留时 |
[01:03] | he was granted immunity in exchange | 你们给了他豁免权用来交换 |
[01:05] | for his testimony about a double homicide. | 他对于一起双重凶杀案的证词 |
[01:07] | The D.A. made that grant of immunity, not me. | 是地检署给的豁免权 不是我 |
[01:10] | I understand. Someone else creates the problem, | 我明白 别人惹了麻烦 |
[01:12] | police get sued — it’s why I’m here. | 警察却成了被告 所以我来了 |
[01:14] | Uh, Goldman goes on to suggest that, | 高德曼还说 |
[01:16] | “Finding you could neither arrest nor detain Turell Baylor”, | “由于你不能逮捕 或拘留图雷利·贝勒 |
[01:20] | you dropped him off at his own residence — | 就在明知有人要杀他的情况下 |
[01:22] | in front of several young men from his gang, | 在他所在帮派里的几个成员面前 |
[01:24] | knowing they intended to kill him. | “把他扔在了家门口” |
[01:27] | Mr. Baylor was later found beaten to death | “贝勒先生后来就被 |
[01:30] | by a person or persons unknown. | 不明数量的凶手活活打死” |
[01:34] | Hmm. Sounds exciting. | 听起来很让人兴奋 |
[01:36] | It’s not, really. | 其实真不是 |
[01:38] | Mr. Goldman finishes with, | 高德曼先生的结束语是 |
[01:39] | “Chief Johnson knowingly circumvented | “强生局长有意识地 |
[01:42] | the criminal justice system | 规避了法律体系 |
[01:43] | by appointing herself judge, jury, and executioner.” | 自己担当了法官 陪审团和行刑者” |
[01:48] | And…thoughts? | 有什么想法吗 |
[01:57] | Do you think the Baylor family could actually win this case? | 你觉得贝勒家真有可能赢了这个案子吗 |
[02:01] | It depends. | 这不好说 |
[02:02] | As a former city attorney, | 但作为曾经的检察官 |
[02:04] | I can tell you that L.A. will often avoid court costs | 我知道洛杉矶政府为了省下诉讼费用 |
[02:06] | by settling cases more ridiculous than this one. | 还为更荒谬的案子和解过 |
[02:09] | Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. | 我们先别想那么多 |
[02:11] | Tell me something, Chief Johnson — | 跟我说说 强生局长 |
[02:14] | What do you think happened to Mr. Baylor? | 你觉得贝勒先生是怎么死的 |
[02:16] | I have no idea. I didn’t kill him. | 我不知道 又不是我杀了他 |
[02:18] | You ever heard of murder by proxy? | 你没听说过代理谋杀吗 |
[02:22] | Gavin, I had nothing to do with Turell Baylor’s death. | 盖文 我跟图雷利·贝勒的死一点关系都没有 |
[02:27] | Well, that’s good news, isn’t it? | 这是个好消息 对吧 |
[02:30] | Okay. So, why don’t you just give me | 请你给我简单讲讲 |
[02:32] | your 45-second version of events? | 这件事你是怎么看的 |
[02:36] | Um…it’s all in here. | 都在这了 |
[02:40] | I’m sorry. I must have been vague. | 对不起 看来我没说清楚 |
[02:43] | Allow me to rephrase. | 我换一种说法 |
[02:46] | Tell me, from your point of view, | 告诉我 你认为 |
[02:47] | what happened to Mr. Baylor. | 贝勒先生是怎么死的 |
[02:50] | Sorry. Um… May I get this? | 不好意思 我能接下这个电话吗 |
[02:54] | No, go right ahead. It’s your money. | 随便 反正是你花钱 |
[02:56] | What? M-money. My money? What do you mean? | 什么钱 我花钱吗 你什么意思 |
[02:59] | Sitting on that sofa costs you $10 a minute. | 坐在那沙发上就要每分钟付十美元 |
[03:01] | Be my guest — I’ll make myself an espresso. | 随便接电话 我去喝杯浓缩咖啡 |
[03:05] | When Sharon Raydor — when she recommended you, | 纱伦·雷达跟我推荐你的时候 |
[03:08] | she said you weren’t gonna charge us for the first hour. | 她说你第一个小时不收费的 |
[03:10] | Which I spent studying the Baylor family filings | 那一小时我用来研究贝勒案的文件 |
[03:12] | and all the associated motions. | 及其相关的诉讼请求 |
[03:14] | You’re on the clock now. | 已经开始计时了 |
[03:16] | But if you don’t want to cooperate with me, | 但你要是不想跟我合作的话 |
[03:17] | I suggest you stick with your city attorney | 我建议你还是用政府派的律师 |
[03:19] | and save yourself my $25,000 retainer. | 还能省了预付给我的两万五千美元 |
[03:21] | $25,000?! | 两万五千 |
[03:27] | Gavin Q. Baker. The “Q” Stands for “Quick.” | 盖文·Q·贝克 那个”Q”是”来钱快”的意思吧 |
[03:30] | I should have known that Captain Raydor | 我应该想到雷达队长 |
[03:31] | was gonna send me to the most expensive lawyer on earth! | 会给我推荐个地球上最贵的律师 |
[03:34] | Hey, litigation costs money. | 诉讼本来就费钱 |
[03:35] | – We can’t afford to pay it. – We can’t afford not to. | -我们付不起 -官司更输不起 |
[03:38] | Well, what about a house and our retirement? | 那我们买房和养老的钱从哪来 |
[03:40] | We’re not even looking for a house. | 我们还根本没开始找房子呢 |
[03:41] | – We’ll just sit down – Look, I have a murder oh, my god. | -我们只要坐下 -天呐 又来谋杀案了 |
[03:42] | -with the guy and just talk to him. – I have a murder. | -跟他谈谈就行 -我得去办案了 |
[03:44] | Look, you talk to him. Look, I have to go. | 你跟他谈吧 我得走了 |
[03:46] | – Well, listen. Just calm down. – I can’t, I can’t — | -淡定点 -我不谈了… |
[03:48] | Look, I’ll take the bottle from you — | 我给你拿着这瓶水 |
[03:49] | No. No. For $10 a minute, I’m keeping the water. | 不 每分钟十美元呢 我要拿着这瓶水 |
[03:58] | Somebody must have locked the gate or… | 应该是有人锁了门或者… |
[04:00] | I can’t find my tennis shoes. | 我找不到我的网球鞋了 |
[04:02] | Are they in your car? | 是在你车里吗 |
[04:03] | Uh…I don’t think so. You want me to go look? | 没有吧 用我去找找吗 |
[04:06] | No. No. | 不用 不用了 |
[04:08] | I wasn’t planning on anyone dying in the Himalayas today, | 我可没想到今天有人会死在喜马拉雅山上 |
[04:12] | But let’s just get to it. | 还是赶紧干活吧 |
[04:14] | Okay. Uh, the owners of this house, Ron and Debbie King, | 业主是罗恩·金和黛比·金 |
[04:18] | They’re putting in a new retaining wall. | 他们正在修一道新的挡土墙 |
[04:20] | About two hours ago, 911 got a call | 两小时之前 来检查施工情况的 |
[04:22] | from a city building inspector who had come to check it out. | 市政府城建监察员打电话报警 |
[04:24] | That’s him over there in the orange vest. | 就是那个穿橙色背心的人 |
[04:27] | – Nice dress, by the way. – Really? | -话说 裙子很漂亮 -真的吗 |
[04:29] | Does it make me look like the Queen of England? | 我穿上它像英格兰女王吗 |
[04:31] | ’cause that’s how much money you need | 这年头要想当个警察 |
[04:32] | to be a police officer these days. | 就得花这么多钱 |
[04:35] | So, what? The contractor dug up a body? Is that it? | 然后呢 工程队挖出了具尸体吗 |
[04:38] | Uh, well, it’s more like he re-dug up a body. | 更确切地说 是他重新挖出了具尸体 |
[04:42] | Let’s just keep moving around the side here. | 沿着这边走 |
[04:45] | Honestly, these stairs. | 这破楼梯 |
[04:47] | When I find out who took my tennis shoes… | 要让我找出来谁拿了我的网球鞋… |
[04:49] | Perhaps you misplaced them. | 说不定你自己放错地方了 |
[04:50] | – No. Somebody took them. – Okay. Somebody took them. | -不 肯定是有人拿走了 -行行 有人拿了 |
[04:58] | So, this was the new wall here. | 这就是那道新墙 |
[05:01] | Why’d they tear it down? | 他们为什么要拆了这墙 |
[05:05] | You okay, Chief? | 你还好吧 头儿 |
[05:06] | – Oh, I’m fine! – Be careful. Watch your step. | -我没事 -小心点 注意脚下 |
[05:10] | Okay. Tell her, Mike. | 告诉她吧 麦克 |
[05:12] | The contractor never pulled a permit in the first place. | 工程队就没得到过许可 |
[05:15] | So, when the city inspector | 所以当城建检查员 |
[05:17] | came to check out the footings, it had to be torn down. | 检查基座时 这个必须要拆掉 |
[05:20] | Found something not up to code, Chief. | 找到了不符合规定的地方 头儿 |
[05:23] | Two trash bags slapped together with duct tape. | 两个用胶带粘起来的垃圾袋 |
[05:26] | Yeah, duct tape. That’s just never a good sign. | 有胶带的地方从来没有好事 |
[05:29] | Okay. It’s a guy. | 是个男的 |
[05:32] | Pretty good shape, except his head’s beaten in. | 尸体保存完好 只是头被敲了个洞 |
[05:34] | Not finding a wallet or an I.D. | 没找到钱包或者身份证 |
[05:35] | Name’s probably Doug Underhill. | 说不定叫”山下挖太郎” |
[05:38] | Or Phil Upland. | 或者叫”村上埋次郎” |
[05:41] | Okay. Turning off the camera. | 行了 我把摄像机关了 |
[05:42] | Are you sure, Buzz? | 你确定吗 巴斯 |
[05:44] | You don’t want to miss all that great victim humor. | 你应该不想错过这些拿受害人开的玩笑吧 |
[05:46] | Families of the deceased just love victim humor. Juries, too. | 死者家属最喜欢这些玩笑了 陪审团也是 |
[05:49] | Maybe we could get another lawsuit going. | 说不定我们还能再被起诉一次 |
[05:51] | – Or maybe we could just do our jobs! – Okay. | -或者我们还是赶紧干活吧 -好吧 |
[05:56] | Well… In order to dump a body here last week, | 上周在这抛尸的人 |
[05:59] | you would need to know that the contractor | 需要知道工程队 |
[06:00] | was digging a hole in the backyard, | 在后院挖了个坑 |
[06:02] | which would mean our primary suspects | 这说明我们的主要嫌疑人 |
[06:04] | would probably be the owners of the house, Mr. and Mrs. King. | 大概是业主 金夫妇 |
[06:08] | Then you have the contractor, his crew, | 然后还有工程队 队里的工人 |
[06:10] | and a couple of the neighbors, I guess. | 和这些邻居 |
[06:13] | Maybe they have a connection to the victim. | 也许他们跟受害人有什么联系 |
[06:14] | Let’s roll his prints, find out who he was. | 取下他的指纹 看看他到底是谁 |
[06:16] | Fingerprints? Ah… | 指纹吗 |
[06:18] | What makes you think he has a record, chief? | 你为什么觉得他会有案底 头儿 |
[06:20] | Well, someone bashed his head in | 有人敲了他的脑袋 |
[06:22] | and buried him underneath a retaining wall. | 还把他埋在了墙底下 |
[06:24] | I’m guessing he wasn’t the most popular person on earth. | 我估计他应该不是个受欢迎的人吧 |
[06:29] | Or maybe he was a lawyer. | 说不定他是个律师 |
[06:31] | Detective Sanchez, let’s find that contractor, please. | 桑切斯警探 麻烦找下这个包工头 |
[06:35] | Chief Johnson, | 强生局长 |
[06:36] | meet the incredibly uncooperative Mr. David Romano. | 这位就是超级不合作的大卫·罗马诺先生 |
[06:39] | I can still get my wall inspected | 如果你们能把那尸体挪开 |
[06:41] | if you move those bags out of the way. | 我还可以让人来检查这道墙的 |
[06:43] | What’s taking so long? | 怎么耽搁这么久啊 |
[06:43] | Dead bodies buried in your little home-improvement project. | 在你这个小工程下面埋着具尸体 |
[06:46] | Tell me, Mr. Romano, did you skip the permit process | 罗马诺先生 你是不是故意逃避 |
[06:49] | on that retaining wall | 审批程序 |
[06:50] | because you had someone in mind you wanted to bury? | 因为你计划好了要埋个人 |
[06:52] | Look, honey, I haven’t been waiting here for hours | 亲爱的 我在这等了几个小时 |
[06:55] | to answer stupid questions like that. | 不是为了回答这种白痴问题 |
[06:57] | Now, I’m behind schedule, | 我已经赶不上工期了 |
[06:59] | and if you’re not gonna help me, I’m leaving! | 如果你们不打算帮忙 我要走了 |
[07:01] | Mr. Romano, I need to talk to you. | 罗马诺先生 我得跟你谈谈 |
[07:03] | Mr. Romano! | 罗马诺先生 |
[07:04] | You cannot just walk away from me! | 你不能就这么走了 |
[07:07] | Well, I never! | 我从没有… |
[07:09] | Sir! I said I want to talk to you! | 先生 我说我要跟你谈谈 |
[07:14] | Mr. Romano, drop those keys, or I’m going to arrest you! | 罗马诺先生 放下钥匙 不然我就逮捕你 |
[07:17] | Arrest me for what? | 凭什么逮捕我 |
[07:20] | We’ll start with… felony rudeness | 首先是严重没礼貌 |
[07:23] | and work our way out from there! | 其他的再慢慢想 |
[07:25] | Maybe add illegal burial | 也许还能加上非法下葬 |
[07:27] | and interfering with a police officer. | 和妨碍警官工作 |
[07:29] | Hey, hey, hey, don’t you need a warrant to search there? | 喂 你搜查难道不要搜查令吗 |
[07:31] | Not for what’s in plain sight. | 眼睛能看到的地方不用 |
[07:33] | Plus your truck is illegally parked, sir. | 再说了 你违章停车了 先生 |
[07:35] | And this — this is enough to hold you for the next 48 hours. | 这个就足够拘留你两天了 |
[07:38] | What would that do to your schedule, huh? | 看你还怎么赶工期 |
[07:40] | How is business, by the way? | 最近生意如何 |
[07:42] | Any clients gone missing? | 有没有客户失踪啊 |
[07:43] | Maybe I should dig up some more of your stuff, | 也许我应该多查查你 |
[07:45] | see what else I can find. | 看看我还能找出来点什么 |
[07:46] | Here’s my work folder. | 这是我的工作文档 |
[07:48] | Call everyone. I got nothing to hide. | 随便查 我也没什么好瞒着的 |
[07:50] | And all contractors carry duct tape. | 每个包工头都随身携带胶带 |
[07:52] | – So big deal. – Yeah, what about your workers? | -有什么大不了的 -那你的工人呢 |
[07:53] | You hired anybody new lately? | 最近新雇了人了吗 |
[07:55] | You obviously don’t know what’s going on | 你显然不了解建筑业 |
[07:56] | in the building trade right now. | 现在的行情 |
[07:58] | I don’t have enough jobs for my regular crew, | 连我长期雇员都没活干 |
[08:00] | much less strangers. | 怎么可能雇新人 |
[08:01] | Well, if things are so slow, | 如果你们这么闲 |
[08:02] | why didn’t you bother to get a permit? | 为何连申请许可证的时间都没有 |
[08:04] | Listen, sweetie. | 听着 小甜心 |
[08:05] | The city has laid off so many inspectors, | 市政府解雇了大批督察员 |
[08:07] | it takes a month to get one out here. | 派个人到工地来要等上一个月 |
[08:11] | Unless there’s a complaint. | 除非有人举报 |
[08:13] | I’m citing you for violation 106 | 你因违反洛城建筑法规 |
[08:14] | of the L.A. City building code. | 第106条而受到传唤 |
[08:16] | Your job here is red-tagged | 拿到许可证之前 |
[08:18] | until you file a permit. | 不得施工 |
[08:28] | Don’t let him go anywhere. | 哪儿也别让他去 |
[08:31] | AIFS identified our victim | 指纹库里有受害人的信息 |
[08:32] | as a Mr. John David Dale, | 他叫约翰·大卫·戴尔 |
[08:34] | and I think we’re going to have a lot more suspects. | 看来我们会有更多嫌疑人 |
[08:37] | More?! | 更多 |
[08:38] | We already have too many suspects as it is. | 嫌疑人已经够多的了 |
[08:40] | Why more? | 怎么会更多 |
[08:41] | Well, Mr. Dale was a registered sex offender. | 戴尔先生是一位在册的性犯罪者 |
[08:43] | Lived in that house right up there with the red awning. | 就住在上面那个有红遮雨棚的房子里 |
[08:45] | A sex offender? | 性犯罪者 |
[08:48] | Sure you don’t want to just cover him up and call it a day? | 你肯定不会把他盖起来然后收工 |
[08:52] | What was he registered for? | 他犯过什么罪 |
[08:54] | Rape of a minor. | 强奸幼女 |
[09:03] | All right, lieutenants Flynn and Provenza, | 好的 富林和普罗文茨副队 |
[09:05] | would you please escort our victim to the morgue? | 把受害人送去验尸 |
[09:07] | Detective Gabriel, please ask hollywood division | 加布里埃尔警探 请你去找好莱坞分局 |
[09:09] | to help round up some of Mr. Dale’s neighbors. | 让他们帮着查戴尔先生的邻居 |
[09:12] | Find out just how popular he was. | 看看他到底多受欢迎 |
[09:14] | Detective Sanchez, | 桑切斯警探 |
[09:15] | please invite the King family downtown for a visit. | 把金一家人请到警局 |
[09:17] | And make sure that they bring their little girl. | 让他们带着女儿一起去 |
[09:18] | Lieutenant Tao, let’s get search warrants, | 陶副队 去申请搜查许可证 |
[09:20] | go over every square inch of this property | 彻查此处每一寸土地 |
[09:22] | and the victim’s house, too. | 以及受害人的房子 |
[09:23] | What should I say we’re looKing for? | 我说咱们找什么呢 |
[09:25] | Well, the victim was bashed in the head, | 受害人头部受到重创 |
[09:26] | so I’d say blood — | 所以咱们找的是血迹 |
[09:27] | And plenty of it. | 大量的血 |
[09:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:42] | It had to be murder | 这肯定是谋杀 |
[09:43] | because you can’t inflict this kind of damage | 因为你不能对你自己的头部 |
[09:45] | on the back of your own head. | 造成这样的伤害 |
[09:47] | Even harder to tape yourself in a trash bag | 死后把自己裹进垃圾袋 |
[09:49] | after you’re dead. | 就更难了 |
[09:50] | How long since he shuffled off to buffalo? | 他死了都多久了 |
[09:53] | I’m not sure. He’s remarkably well preserved. | 我不确定 他的尸体保存得很好 |
[09:55] | Where did you find him? | 在哪儿找到他的 |
[09:56] | Under a retaining wall. | 在一道挡土墙下 |
[09:57] | And when was the wall put up? | 这墙什么时候建起来的 |
[09:58] | A week ago last Tuesday. | 一星期以前 上星期二 |
[10:00] | So today’s a Friday, | 今天是星期五 |
[10:02] | which means Mr. Dale has been dead for… | 也就是说戴尔先生已经死了 |
[10:05] | I’d say, 12 days. | 十二天了 |
[10:07] | Very scientific. | 这么精确 |
[10:08] | Like I said, unlike the two of you, he’s well-preserved. | 像我说的 不像你们俩 他保存良好 |
[10:10] | And a good thing, too, | 这也是个好事 |
[10:12] | because his body provides a pretty clear map of the attack. | 因为他的尸体非常清晰地展示了袭击情况 |
[10:15] | These three circular wounds — | 这三个圆形伤口 |
[10:17] | Is that a hammer blow of some kind? | 是某种锤子造成的吗 |
[10:18] | A ball peen hammer — yes. | 是的 是一把圆头锤 |
[10:19] | This one up top — | 上面的这个 |
[10:21] | pretty light, didn’t hurt him too badly. | 很轻 打得不太狠 |
[10:22] | This one — a little heavier blow. | 这一个 就要狠一些了 |
[10:24] | Still no fracture. | 但仍然没有骨折 |
[10:25] | And the last one knocked him down. | 最后这一下把他击倒了 |
[10:27] | But these wounds are fairly superficial. | 不过这些伤痕都是表面上的 |
[10:29] | The hammer didn’t kill him. | 并不是锤子杀了他 |
[10:31] | Then what did? | 那是什么 |
[10:32] | Sharp force trauma at the base of the skull. | 颅骨底部收到尖锐物体挫伤 |
[10:35] | I never saw a wound like that before. | 我从未见过这样的伤口 |
[10:36] | Lots of weight behind it. | 凶器非常重 |
[10:38] | I-I should do a cast of it for you. | 我应该给你们做个模型看 |
[10:40] | Now, all I can tell you about the murder weapon | 关于凶器 我能告诉你们的是 |
[10:41] | is that it’s conical in shape. | 它是圆锥形的 |
[10:44] | Pointy at the top and widening out toward the base. | 顶部是尖的 底部很宽 |
[10:46] | Sounds exactly like my second wife. | 听起来就像我第二任太太 |
[10:49] | Uh, all right, let’s review. | 好吧 回顾一下 |
[10:51] | The guy’s hit three times | 这人被击三次 |
[10:53] | with a ball peen hammer. | 凶器是一把圆锤 |
[10:54] | Then falls flat on his face. | 然后脸朝地倒下 |
[10:55] | And there are abrasions on his palms and knees. | 他的手掌和膝盖上有擦伤 |
[10:58] | And then he tries to crawl away, | 在粗糙的地面上 |
[11:00] | over a rough surface. | 他挣扎着要爬走 |
[11:01] | And then… | 然后 |
[11:03] | Someone shoved a cone in his head? | 有人用圆锥体扎他的头 |
[11:05] | What kind of cone? | 什么样的圆锥体 |
[11:06] | Don’t know, chief. | 不知道 头儿 |
[11:08] | Provenza’s waiting for the cast of the wound to be finished. | 普罗文茨在等着那个凶器模型 |
[11:11] | But the doctor said that Mr. Dale bled out, | 不过法医说戴尔先生流血过多而死 |
[11:13] | so you’re right — somewhere there’s a big mess. | 所以你是对的 应该会有个血泊 |
[11:15] | But we didn’t find any blood in the hole, | 但我们没在那个坑里找到血迹 |
[11:17] | the yard, the patio, | 院子里 露台上 |
[11:18] | or in either the Kings’ house or the victim’s. | 金和受害人的家里也没有 |
[11:20] | And whoever bagged Mr. Dale used gloves, | 处理戴尔先生尸体的人戴了手套 |
[11:22] | so there’s no prints on the duct tape. | 所以胶带上也没有指纹 |
[11:24] | – Well, I checked with the victim… – Sorry. | -我查过受害人了 -抱歉 |
[11:26] | I checked with the victim of Mr. Dale’s sexual assault. | 我查过戴尔先生性侵案的受害人 |
[11:30] | It turns out she was his cousin. | 受害人竟然是他的表妹 |
[11:32] | And as far as the sexual assault goes, | 她说 发生了这起性侵案后 |
[11:34] | she said their family just stopped talking to him | 亲戚们只是不在跟他说话 |
[11:35] | and let it go. | 不再追求了 |
[11:36] | Well, that explains why he was dead for 12 days | 这解释了为什么他死了十二天 |
[11:38] | and no one reported him missing. | 都没人报告他失踪 |
[11:40] | A conical weapon. | 圆锥形的凶器 |
[11:42] | Maybe it’s a tool from the construction site? | 可能是建筑工地用的工具吗 |
[11:44] | Lieutenant Tao, | 陶副队 |
[11:45] | did you find a funnel or anything like it? | 你找到过漏斗或者类似的东西吗 |
[11:48] | No. Well… | 没有 |
[11:49] | I did see some party hats. | 但我确实见过一些派对帽 |
[11:51] | You know, and if you turned them upside down, | 如果你把它们上下颠倒 |
[11:53] | they would have the proper shape. | 形状就对了 |
[11:55] | But, of course, they were made out of cardboard… | 不过当然了 它们是硬卡纸做的 |
[11:56] | Uh, chief? | 头儿 |
[11:57] | I’m not sure you have enough suspects on your board. | 我觉得你还要扩大嫌疑人的范围 |
[12:05] | Not only was Mr. Dale a registered sex offender, | 因为戴尔先生是个性犯罪者 |
[12:09] | Hollywood division says the local schools | 好莱坞分局说当地的学校 |
[12:11] | put his picture up on their public notice boards. | 把他的照片放到了宣传栏里 |
[12:14] | Plus… | 还有 |
[12:15] | The house next door to where you found him | 在你发现尸体的房子隔壁 |
[12:17] | has an excellent view of the Kings’ backyard. | 有良好的角度可以观察到金家的后院 |
[12:19] | And it’s for sale. | 那所房子正在出售 |
[12:22] | Meet the owners. | 会会房主吧 |
[12:23] | Chief Johnson, Greg and Malin Turner. | 强生局长 这是格雷格和玛琳·唐纳 |
[12:26] | Greg, Malin, thank you so much for helping us out today. | 格雷格 玛琳 感谢你们今天的帮助 |
[12:29] | Commander Taylor tells me y’all are moving away. | 泰勒长官告诉我你们要搬走了 |
[12:31] | When we can sell our house. | 卖掉房子就搬 |
[12:33] | It’s been on the market for over six months. | 房子待售已经六个多月了 |
[12:35] | I have a sweet job offer in chicago. | 我在芝加哥找到了一份很好的工作 |
[12:37] | Advertising company. | 一家广告公司 |
[12:38] | But we’re not moving to chicago if we can’t sell our home. | 但是不卖掉房子我们就不能搬去芝加哥 |
[12:41] | And, chief, that’s the real story. | 头儿 我想跟你说的这件事 |
[12:43] | You see, Greg and Malin have been having open houses. | 格雷格和玛琳的房子现在开放参观 |
[12:46] | Open houses? | 开放参观 |
[12:48] | You mean, where potential buyers walk through your house | 你是说 潜在买家可以走进你家房子 |
[12:50] | and your backyard? | 和你家后院 |
[12:51] | Our realtor suggested them. | 这是房产经纪人的建议 |
[12:53] | And, like, not counting neighbors, | 而且 不算邻居 |
[12:54] | We’ve had maybe 200 potential customers stop by. | 我们已经有大约两百名潜在客户来访 |
[12:57] | “Buyers,” Greg. Buyers. | 买家 格里格 是买家 |
[12:58] | We’re looking for buyers, not customers. | 我们要的是买家 不是客户 |
[13:00] | – 200? – Only need one. | -两百个 -只需要一个 |
[13:02] | Not counting neighbors, | 没算邻居 |
[13:03] | all of whom could have seen the construction. | 所有这些人都能够看到这建筑 |
[13:05] | And the hole being dug for the retaining wall, | 还有那个为建造挡土墙挖的洞 |
[13:07] | so we can now expand our list of suspects | 所以现嫌疑人名单要算上所有 |
[13:09] | to include google earth. | 谷歌地球的使用者 |
[13:11] | Um, sorry. We’re just riffing. | 抱歉 我们正在精兵简政 |
[13:13] | I don’t suppose either one of you | 不知道你们最近是否 |
[13:15] | noticed anything unusual going on | 注意到金家后院 |
[13:16] | in the Kings’ backyard recently? | 有什么不寻常的事发生吗 |
[13:19] | – No. – Not really. | -没有 -没有 |
[13:19] | Well, but their contractor pulled out all the wiring, | 但他们找的工程队把那些电线都扯了出来 |
[13:22] | so you can’t see over there at night anymore. | 所以晚上你什么都看不到了 |
[13:24] | It’s, like, dark. | 晚上很黑 |
[13:26] | And were you familiar at all with the victim? | 你们和受害人熟吗 |
[13:28] | – You mean Joe Blow? – Greg. | -你说大兵吗 -格雷格 |
[13:30] | Oh. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:31] | That’s just what everyone called him. | 每个人都这么叫他 |
[13:33] | Could be we weren’t, you know, as nervous about the guy | 还可以 我们不是很害怕那家伙 |
[13:36] | ’cause…we don’t have kids. | 因为 我们没有孩子 |
[13:38] | And also what we heard about John was, | 而且我们只是把约翰的事 |
[13:40] | like, gossip. | 当成八卦 |
[13:41] | We don’t even know what he was supposed to have done. | 我们甚至不知道他曾经做过什么 |
[13:43] | 12 years ago, when he was 19, | 十二年前 戴尔先生十九岁 |
[13:46] | Mr. Dale raped a 14-year-old girl. | 他强奸了一个十四岁的女孩 |
[13:51] | Not good. | 这不好 |
[13:53] | Maybe that’s why the Kings never let their daughter | 可能这就是为什么金家从不让她们女儿 |
[13:55] | play outside by herself. | 独自在外玩耍 |
[13:56] | You know, Debbie had to run to the airport a couple of times, | 黛比有好几回不得不去机场 |
[13:59] | and she asked me to watch Kayla for her. | 她让我帮她看着凯拉 |
[14:01] | And she was really, really paranoid | 她非常非常多疑 |
[14:04] | about not letting Kayla go in their backyard | 生怕凯拉在没有大人陪伴时 |
[14:06] | without an adult. | 去他们家后院 |
[14:08] | Paranoid in what way? | 怎么个多疑法 |
[14:10] | How would you like your kids playing in front of a child rapist? | 你会让自己的孩子在幼女强奸犯面前玩吗 |
[14:13] | That monster should have never been allowed | 压根就不应该让这种禽兽 |
[14:15] | in our neighborhood. | 住在这一带 |
[14:16] | How are you so well-acquainted with Mr. Dale’s criminal record? | 你们为何对戴尔先生的犯罪记录这么熟悉 |
[14:19] | The Megan’s Law website. | 上《梅根法案》的网站 |
[14:20] | You type in your address, | 你键入你的家庭地址 |
[14:22] | and a big blue dot shows up where sex offenders live. | 有性犯罪者的地点就会出现一个蓝点 |
[14:24] | I shouldn’t have to explain how that works to the police. | 你们警察应该比我们了解才对 |
[14:27] | And you found out | 你们什么时候发现 |
[14:28] | Mr. Dale was living behind you when? | 戴尔先生住在你家后面的 |
[14:29] | About a year-and-a-half ago. | 大约一年半前 |
[14:31] | He moved in after his mother died. | 他母亲死后搬来的 |
[14:32] | I don’t know what she was thinking, | 我不知道她怎么想的 |
[14:34] | leaving him that house. | 把那所房子留给了他 |
[14:35] | Did you ever confront Mr. Dale | 你是否同戴尔先生对质 |
[14:37] | – or argue with him about your – this is enough! | -或争论过关于… -够了 |
[14:38] | We get read our rights and then hauled down | 我们被宣读了权利 然后被当做犯人 |
[14:41] | to the police station like criminals. | 带进了警察局 |
[14:42] | With our child! | 还带着我们的孩子 |
[14:42] | Kayla shouldn’t even be here. | 凯拉就不应该来这里 |
[14:43] | This is ridiculous! | 这太荒唐了 |
[14:44] | Your daughter is being supervised by specialists | 你们的女儿由我们儿童中心的专家 |
[14:46] | in our child-care center. | 照顾着 |
[14:47] | So don’t worry about her. | 所以不用担心她 |
[14:49] | Did Mr. Dale ever approach Kayla | 戴尔先生接近过凯拉 |
[14:51] | or try to talk to her? | 或跟她搭过话吗 |
[14:52] | No. | 没有 |
[14:53] | And as much as I hate the idea that completely innocent | 虽然我和我妻子是无辜的 |
[14:56] | people like my wife and I might need a lawyer, | 不需要请律师 |
[14:58] | I’m close to calling one. | 但我有些忍无可忍了 |
[15:00] | Well, get your wallet out, sir, | 掏出你的钱包吧 先生 |
[15:01] | because that’s a really expensive alternative | 因为这是一个非常昂贵的选择 |
[15:03] | to just cooperating with us. | 不如和我们合作 |
[15:05] | Mr. Dale was the criminal. Not us! | 戴尔先生才是罪犯 我们不是 |
[15:07] | And if you’d been found buried in his backyard, | 如果发现你被埋在他家后院 |
[15:08] | I’d already have him under arrest. | 我第一个就逮捕他 |
[15:10] | But that’s not what happened. | 但事情不是这样的 |
[15:11] | Let me make this clear to you. | 我来和你说清楚 |
[15:13] | We never spoke to the guy. | 我们从没和他说过话 |
[15:15] | Our daughter never spoke to the guy. | 我们的女儿从没和他说过话 |
[15:17] | We never set foot on his property. | 我们从没踏进过他的家 |
[15:20] | And he sure as hell never came on ours. | 肯定他也没他妈进过我家 |
[15:21] | And he never, ever touched Kayla, | 他从没碰过凯拉 |
[15:24] | because if he had | 如果他敢那样 |
[15:25] | – if he had even laid one finger on my little girl – Ron | -如果他碰我宝贝一个手指头 -罗恩 |
[15:27] | – No. – That’s enough! | -别拦我 -别说了 |
[15:28] | – No, no. – That’s enough! | -别管我 -够了 |
[15:29] | You wouldn’t have to dig him up, | 你们就不用把他挖出来了 |
[15:31] | because I would have beat him to death myself | 因为我会亲手把他打死 |
[15:32] | and dropped him off in front of the police station for you! | 然后扔到你们警局前面 |
[15:35] | Sit down, Mr. King. | 金先生 请坐下 |
[15:42] | Now I’m invoking my right to counsel. | 现在我要请律师 |
[15:49] | Well, better make yourselves comfortable. | 你最好安心呆着吧 |
[15:51] | Because if you even try to leave, | 因为如果你离开的话 |
[15:53] | I will be arresting you | 我将以 |
[15:54] | for the illegal disposal of human remains. | 非法处置人体遗骸罪逮捕你 |
[15:56] | Wait! What about Kayla?! | 等下 凯拉怎么办 |
[15:57] | We don’t leave children alone | 金夫人 我们不会让孩子 |
[15:59] | with suspected felons, Mrs. King. | 单独跟嫌疑犯呆在一起的 |
[16:01] | Ron! I demand to see Kayla. | 罗恩 我要求见凯拉 |
[16:03] | We can’t let her do that! | 我们不能让她那么做 |
[16:04] | I demand to see our daughter! | 我要见女儿 |
[16:05] | Please, where is Kayla? She won’t know what’s going on! | 凯拉在哪 她不知道发生了什么 |
[16:12] | That’s what I’m supposed to do | 如果他进入我们的后院 |
[16:14] | if he ever comes into our backyard. | 我就得那么做 |
[16:16] | But… | 但是 |
[16:16] | if he stops to talk to me in his blue car, | 如果他在他的蓝车里停下来跟我说话 |
[16:19] | I have this. | 我有这个 |
[16:28] | And then I’m supposed to run. | 然后我拨腿就跑 |
[16:30] | Did you take Mr. Dale away? | 你把戴尔先生带走了吗 |
[16:33] | Or is he gonna stay under the wall? | 还是让他继续呆在墙下 |
[16:36] | What would you like us to do? | 你想要我们做什么 |
[16:38] | Can I think about it? | 我可以考虑下吗 |
[16:41] | Sure. | 当然 |
[16:46] | Look — | 你瞧 |
[16:47] | my office is really not a good place to bring children | 你询问他们的家长时 |
[16:50] | while you’re interviewing their parents. | 能不能不要把孩子放在我办公室 |
[16:52] | What are you doing right now that’s so important anyway? | 你现在有什么重要的事要做呢 |
[16:54] | Well, believe it or not, | 至于你信不信 我反正信了 |
[16:55] | losing weight is not just about eating boring, terrible food | 减肥不仅要吃少滋寡味的食物 |
[16:58] | it’s also about exercise. | 还要运动 |
[16:59] | This is the time that I try to set aside to ride my bike. | 现在是我骑单车的时间 |
[17:10] | I mostly exercise at home. | 我一般都在家运动 |
[17:12] | Can you just hurry, please? | 你可以快些吗 |
[17:14] | I can’t ever have anyone over to the house | 我都不能邀请朋友到我家玩 |
[17:16] | ’cause all my friends know about him. | 因为我所有的朋友都知道他 |
[17:18] | So I guess you should take Mr. Dale away. | 我猜你应该把戴尔先生带走 |
[17:21] | – Does not having your friends over bother you? – No. | -邀请不到朋友让你烦心吗 -不 |
[17:24] | I get bothered ’cause my mom gets so upset. | 我烦心是因为我妈妈很生气 |
[17:26] | She told Mr. Dale she’d kill him | 她跟戴尔先生说 如果他敢再来我们家 |
[17:28] | if he ever came back to our house. | 她要把他杀了 |
[17:30] | Mr. Dale came over to your house? When? | 戴尔先生是什么时候去你们家的 |
[17:33] | You can trust her. She’s police, like me. | 你可以相信她 她跟我一样也是警察 |
[17:37] | I saw him in our backyard. | 我在我们家后院看到他 |
[17:39] | Daddy fought with him. | 爸爸跟他打架 |
[17:42] | Fought with him how? | 怎么打的 |
[17:43] | Well, Mr. Dale was shouting at Mr. Romano | 戴尔先生冲罗马诺先生大喊大叫 |
[17:45] | for being so loud, | 说他很吵 |
[17:47] | and that’s when mom and dad ran out | 我爸爸妈妈就跑出去 |
[17:49] | and told Mr. Dale if he ever came back, | 警告戴尔先生 如果他敢再来 |
[17:51] | they would kill him. | 他们会杀了他的 |
[17:52] | And did you ever see him again after that? | 那之后你还有见过他吗 |
[17:54] | No. Not until Mr. Romano dug him up. | 没有 直到后来罗马诺先生挖出他 |
[18:00] | How did you even know he was there? | 你怎么知道他在那的 |
[18:05] | That, Kayla, is an excellent question. | 凯拉 这是个好问题 |
[18:29] | Hey, Fritz! | 福瑞茨 |
[18:34] | So, you’re making dinner, huh? | 你在做晚饭吗 |
[18:37] | I am. | 是的 |
[18:39] | Friday night. | 周五晚上 |
[18:41] | Just thought maybe we’d go out… | 正在想或许我们出去吃 |
[18:43] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[18:44] | We need to save money to pay for this attorney. | 为了付律师费 我们得节衣缩食 |
[18:46] | So no more restaurants, no more take-out, either. | 从今往后 不去餐厅 不叫外卖 |
[18:48] | Oh, well, that’s a great idea. | 棒极了 |
[18:49] | Six years after the trial’s over, | 照这样 审判结束六年后 |
[18:51] | you’ll finally have enough money to hire your lawyer. | 你可以省出律师费 |
[18:54] | Sooner than that. | 不用那么久 |
[18:55] | I made some other changes today. | 我今天还做了其他改变 |
[18:59] | Just so you know, | 跟你说一下 |
[19:00] | there’s a limit to how many nights a week | 我对一周内吃蛤蜊宽意面的次数 |
[19:02] | I can eat clam linguini. | 是有限制的 |
[19:04] | Wait. What other changes? | 等下 还有什么改变 |
[19:06] | I stopped the newspaper. | 我退订了报纸 |
[19:08] | You stopped the newspaper? | 你退订了报纸 |
[19:10] | It’s just that much more to clean up. | 看完了还得收拾 |
[19:12] | – And you never read it. – Like you ever clean it up. | -你从来都没看 -你也从没收拾过 |
[19:13] | I read the paper! | 我有看报纸 |
[19:15] | I also use it to keep track of all the baseball scores | 我看报纸才知道 |
[19:18] | across the entire country. You can’t just… | 全国棒球比赛的分数 你不能 |
[19:21] | To activate telephone service at this location | 要激活你所在地区的电话服务 |
[19:23] | You know what’s wrong with the phone? | 电话怎么了 |
[19:24] | Oh, I canceled the landline. | 我取消了座机 |
[19:26] | You what?! | 什么 |
[19:27] | Look, Fritzi, you need to be more reasonable about this. | 福瑞茨 你要正确看待这事 |
[19:29] | We both have cellphones. | 我们都有手机了 |
[19:30] | It’s crazy, all this money we’re spending on luxury items | 花这么多钱在奢侈品上太不理智了 |
[19:34] | – when we haven’t even bought a house. – Luxury items? | -我们都还没买房子呢 -奢侈品 |
[19:35] | You haven’t wanted to look at a house in three years. | 你三年都没去找过房子 |
[19:37] | All our credit cards are attached to this number. | 我们所有信用卡都是绑定这个电话号码的 |
[19:39] | What about my sponsor? | 我的保证人怎么办 |
[19:41] | What about my friends from A.A.? | 我戒酒互助会的朋友怎么办 |
[19:42] | Oh, I got an idea, honey. | 亲爱的 我有个主意 |
[19:43] | They can all call me on my confidential FBI cellphone. | 他们可以打我联邦调查局的机密手机 |
[19:49] | You know, you make all these changes, | 你做了这么多改变 |
[19:52] | you don’t tell me about it. | 你一点都没跟我说起 |
[19:53] | Not only is it disrespectful, | 你不仅不尊重我 |
[19:56] | but you’re not gonna… | 你不会打算… |
[19:58] | 无法接收频道信号 请拨1-800-555-0199 联系客服 以获取更多定制信息 | |
[20:00] | Oh, honey, what channel are you looking for? | 亲爱的 你要找哪个频道 |
[20:02] | 无法接收频道信号 请拨打1-800-555-0199 联系客户服务部 以获取更多定制信息 | |
[20:06] | You turned off the cable. | 你把有线电视都取消了 |
[20:07] | No! I didn’t turn off the cable. | 没有 我没取消 |
[20:08] | I just canceled all those extra channels we never watch. | 只是把我们不看的多余的频道都取消了 |
[20:12] | That you don’t watch! | 是你不看的频道吧 |
[20:13] | You don’t watch them! | 你不看的频道 |
[20:15] | You don’t read the paper. | 报纸你也不看 |
[20:16] | You never answer the landline. | 电话你也从来不接 |
[20:16] | I’m sorry. Hold on for just one second. | 对不起 等下 |
[20:17] | You don’t care what we eat as long as you have | 你盘子里只要有巧克力条 |
[20:18] | I’m on the phone with work. | 工作上的事 |
[20:19] | a chocolate bar at the bottom of your plate. | 你就不会在意你吃什么 |
[20:21] | That is a terrible thing to say! Terrible! | 你这么说可太过分了 过分 |
[20:24] | And this phone call is about a sex offender | 这个电话是关于一个性犯罪者 |
[20:26] | who was murdered, bagged, and buried in the hollywood hills — | 被谋杀 装袋子里 埋在好莱坞山下 |
[20:28] | A little more important than what’s on TV. | 比电视节目重要 |
[20:30] | Yes, detective Sanchez. I’m sorry. | 桑切斯警探 不好意思 |
[20:33] | Um, what did you find out about the contractor? | 包工头那里有什么发现 |
[20:35] | He was telling the truth, chief. | 头儿 他说得是真话 |
[20:36] | He never applied for a permit | 他没有申请 |
[20:38] | to build anything at the King place. | 在金家施工的许可 |
[20:41] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[20:43] | Hang on. What? What is ridiculous? | 等下 什么很荒唐 |
[20:46] | We can hire the attorney without starving ourselves, | 我们请得起律师 不用把我们自己饿死 |
[20:49] | isolated from the modern world. | 断绝与现代社会的联系 |
[20:50] | I am not spending the money. | 我不会花钱的 |
[20:53] | Well, then you’d better get it from the city, | 那你最好要申请到政府帮助 |
[20:54] | because I am not living like this. | 因为我不想这样生活 |
[20:56] | You know, as a matter of fact, | 事实上 |
[20:57] | why don’t you go talk to your buddy Pope about it? | 你为什么不跟你哥们保罗谈谈 |
[21:05] | Uh, chief? | 头儿 |
[21:07] | Yes, I’m sorry. I’m here. | 不好意思 我在听 |
[21:10] | Look, if the contractor never pulled a permit | 如果包工头没有得到修建 |
[21:13] | for the retaining wall, | 挡土墙的许可 |
[21:14] | then how did the inspector know to come by and have it dug up? | 那巡视员怎么知道要过来把它挖出来 |
[21:17] | Mr. Romano said something about a complaint, didn’t he? | 罗马诺先生有提到过投诉 对吧 |
[21:21] | Oh! Oh, no | 不 |
[21:22] | no, no! | 不 |
[21:25] | Chief? Are you okay? | 头儿 你还好吗 |
[21:27] | Ohh, I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[21:30] | You want us to find the city inspector for you? | 你要我们把市政府监察员找过来吗 |
[21:32] | Oh, yes, please. | 是的 |
[21:34] | What’s his name again? | 他叫什么名字 |
[21:37] | Chief Johnson, meet our hero from yesterday. | 强生局长 这是我们昨天的英雄 |
[21:39] | Mr. Raymond Aguirre, city building inspector. | 雷蒙德·奥格瑞先生 城建监察员 |
[21:41] | Mr. Aguirre, thank you so much | 奥格瑞先生 |
[21:43] | for taking time to see us today. | 谢谢你今天抽空过来 |
[21:45] | Well, I’m glad to help the police. | 很高兴可以帮助警察 |
[21:47] | Though I have to wonder why | 我很好奇 |
[21:48] | I was given my rights in the elevator. | 为什么他在电梯里告知我的权利 |
[21:50] | Oh. That’s just a new city policy. | 是政府新规定 |
[21:52] | Yeah, we have to mirandize everyone | 每个到这里的人 |
[21:54] | who comes in the building nowadays. | 都会被告知他的权利 |
[21:56] | Don’t let it make you feel too special. | 不要觉得有什么特别的 |
[21:58] | Just want to let you know I’ve never taken a bribe, ever. | 我只想让你们知道 我从没收过贿赂 |
[22:03] | That’s…good. | 很好 |
[22:07] | Uh, detective Gabriel, | 加布里埃尔警探 |
[22:08] | would you please escort Mr. Aguirre to our… | 你可以陪同奥格瑞先生 |
[22:11] | visitor’s conference center? | 去访客会议中心吗 |
[22:12] | I’ll be with y’all in just one moment. | 我一会就去和你们会合 |
[22:14] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[22:16] | So, after the Kings made bail last night, | 昨晚金一家提出保释之后 |
[22:18] | why did you order surveillance on their house? | 你为什么下令监视他们房子 |
[22:19] | They’re suspects in a murder, Will, | 威尔 他们是谋杀案的嫌疑犯 |
[22:21] | and they invoked their right to counsel. | 而且他们要求请律师 |
[22:23] | Not everybody who asks for an attorney is guilty. | 请律师不代表他们有罪 |
[22:25] | Yeah, tell me about it. | 跟我说说吧 |
[22:28] | You and Captain Raydor keep saying | 你和雷达队长 |
[22:29] | I need to get my own lawyer, | 一直让我找律师 |
[22:30] | but no one’s offered to help me pay for it. | 就是没人帮我负担律师费 |
[22:33] | Look, Will… | 威尔 |
[22:34] | can’t you talk to the union and see if they — | 你就不能跟工会谈谈 看他们 |
[22:36] | No, you’re management. The union can’t help you. | 你是管理层 工会不能帮你 |
[22:38] | Well, what about the city? Can’t they do something? | 政府呢 可以帮我吗 |
[22:40] | Yeah. Like that’ll happen. | 不太可能 |
[22:41] | I shouldn’t have to surrender my life’s savings | 我是完全的百分之百的清白 |
[22:43] | to defend myself when I am completely, 100% innocent. | 我不应该把存款花在为自己辩护上 |
[22:48] | All right. | 好吧 |
[22:49] | I’ll ask the mayor if he can find the money to help you out. | 我去问问市长 看是否可以帮你 |
[22:52] | And in the meantime, | 同时 |
[22:53] | if I’m gonna be paying S.I.S. overtime | 鉴于我得支付特别行动组 |
[22:55] | to sit on the Kings’ house all weekend, | 监视金一家的周末加班费 |
[22:56] | I’d like to see some kind of compelling evidence | 我希望可以看到他们和这个案子 |
[22:58] | that connects them to this case | 更加紧密的联系 |
[22:59] | Besides lying about the fight that they had with Mr. Dale | 除了他们没告诉我跟戴尔先生打过架 |
[23:01] | and finding him buried in their backyard? | 和发现他被埋在他们后院之外 |
[23:03] | Yes. Besides that. | 是的 除此之外 |
[23:04] | Well, how about this, then? | 这个怎么样 |
[23:06] | The victim was 6 feet tall, over 200 pounds. | 受害者高1米83 90多公斤 |
[23:09] | How do you think his body made it up those stairs | 你觉得他的尸体怎样才能在深夜 |
[23:11] | in the middle of the night? | 被弄上那么多的阶梯 |
[23:12] | That’s not evidence. That’s logistics. | 那不是证据 只是搬运的问题 |
[23:14] | Look, I will ask the mayor to help you, | 我会要求市长帮助你 |
[23:16] | and in exchange for that, | 作为交换 |
[23:17] | you will either re-arrest the Kings by 6:00 P.M. | 你要么在下午六点时重新逮捕金一家 |
[23:20] | or end the surveillance. | 或者停止监视 |
[23:23] | I don’t have enough time to do my job properly anymore. | 我没有足够的时间做好我的工作 |
[23:26] | The city cut back on the department. | 政府缩减部门开支 |
[23:28] | And we lost some of our people | 而且有些人被开除了 |
[23:29] | when they were arrested for taking bribes, | 因为收受贿赂被捕 |
[23:31] | which I have never done in my life — ever! | 但我这辈子从没这么做过 |
[23:33] | Anyway, there aren’t enough inspectors left | 总之 没有足够的市巡查员 |
[23:36] | to issue approvals, | 可以发许可证 |
[23:36] | let alone go hunting for some illegal building. | 更别说查找什么违章建筑了 |
[23:39] | So, Mr. Romano, the kings’ contractor, | 所以 金家的包工头罗马诺先生 |
[23:41] | took advantage of that | 就利用了这一点 |
[23:42] | to start the work without your knowledge. | 在你不知情的情况下就开工了 |
[23:43] | Yes. Absolutely. Completely without my knowledge. | 是的 绝对是这样 完全不知情 |
[23:45] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[23:45] | Mr. Romano never even applied for a permit? | 罗马诺先生甚至都没有申请许可证吗 |
[23:48] | No. | 没有 |
[23:49] | And it’s very short-sighted for the owner | 而且让包工头这样就去做了 |
[23:50] | to let a contractor start building that way. | 实在是太短见了 |
[23:52] | And now if the Kings ever want to sell their home, | 现在如果金一家想卖掉他家房产 |
[23:54] | the disclosure laws in california | 加州信息披露法 |
[23:56] | will require them to tell potential buyers | 会要求他们告知购买者 |
[23:58] | that they built without permits. | 他们的房产没有建筑许可证 |
[24:00] | Disclosure laws. | 信息披露法 |
[24:02] | Okay, so, just so I understand, | 好吧 按照我的理解 |
[24:04] | you’re saying that no one in your office | 你的意思是 你们部门 |
[24:06] | Ever knew that Mr. Romano built the wall | 没人知道罗马诺先生在金家的后院 |
[24:10] | In the Kings’ backyard. | 建起一堵墙 |
[24:12] | Look, can you cut me a break? | 你可以省省了 |
[24:14] | We don’t have the means to check up on building like this. | 我们没有办法去逐一检查每栋建筑物 |
[24:17] | Then how did you know to inspect it? | 那你为什么去查那间 |
[24:21] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[24:22] | You had no paperwork on this site. | 你手头上没有这个地方的资料 |
[24:23] | You never visited it. | 你也没去过那 |
[24:25] | Yet a few days after a man was buried there, | 但是一个被害者埋那几天后 |
[24:26] | You just happen to turn up at the Kings’ house | 你就恰巧来检查金家的房子 |
[24:28] | And demand that the wall covering up his body be torn down? | 而且要求把盖在他尸体上的墙推倒 |
[24:30] | I didn’t just happen to show up. | 我不是碰巧去的 |
[24:32] | And I wasn’t bribed, either. | 我也没收红包 |
[24:33] | I was responding to a complaint. | 我接到了一个投诉 |
[24:35] | From whom? | 谁的投诉 |
[24:38] | I’m not supposed to… | 我不应该 |
[24:40] | give that information out to anyone at any time | 在任何时间 因任何原因 把这信息透露 |
[24:44] | for any reason. | 给任何人 |
[24:45] | I’ll never tell. | 我永远不会告发你 |
[24:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:48] | Um, there are two ways you can contact us. | 我们有两种联系方式 |
[24:50] | One is with the tip line, | 一个是报案电话 |
[24:52] | And the other is by sending an e-mail, like this one. | 另外一种是发送邮件 就像这个 |
[24:54] | “To whom it may concern, | 致相关人员 |
[24:56] | My neighbors are building a retaining wall, | 我的邻居在建立护墙 |
[24:57] | And not only does their contractor start work too early” | 不但包工头每天很早就开始施工 |
[25:00] | Which is a very common complaint…we get it all the time… | 这个是很平常的投诉 我们经常收到 |
[25:02] | “He doesn’t have a permit posted in the front yard.” | 他也没有把动工许可证贴到前院 |
[25:04] | I don’t know why people even care about that — I wouldn’t. | 我不知道人们为什么会在乎这个 我就不会 |
[25:07] | “Could you check on this for me? | 你们能过来看一下吗 |
[25:09] | Sincerely, John David Dale.” | 真诚地 约翰·大卫·戴尔 |
[25:11] | And that was dated four days ago. | 是四天前发的 |
[25:14] | Well, that is extremely unusual. | 那这就太诡异了 |
[25:17] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[25:19] | Because when he wrote this, | 因为当他写这邮件的时候 |
[25:20] | Mr. Dale was buried beneath the retaining wall | 戴尔先生已经被埋在了 |
[25:23] | he was complaining about. | 他投诉的墙下面 |
[25:35] | Thanks for seeing me on such short notice. | 来得很急 谢谢你能见我 |
[25:38] | Not a problem. Not a problem. | 不客气 不客气 |
[25:40] | I have a closing statement to write for this week, | 我要为本周的一个案子写结案陈词 |
[25:43] | and I work most saturdays anyway. | 而且大多数周六我是工作的 |
[25:46] | – Water? – No. Thanks. | -喝水吗 -不用了 谢谢 |
[25:49] | Still have a bottle from yesterday. | 昨天你给的那瓶还没喝完 |
[25:50] | Oh, good. | 哦 好 |
[25:51] | Good, good, good. | 好 好 好 |
[25:56] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[25:57] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[26:02] | Just…dive right in. | 直奔主题就好 |
[26:08] | Okay. I need a huge favor. | 好吧 我需要你帮个忙 |
[26:14] | Look | 听着 |
[26:16] | I want to pay your retainer, | 我支付你的律师费 |
[26:19] | from money I inherited from my parents, | 这是我父母留给我的遗产 |
[26:22] | but I want my wife… | 但是我要我妻子 |
[26:25] | to think it came from the city. | 以为钱是市政府出的 |
[26:27] | I see. | 这样子 |
[26:35] | I sympathize with you. | 我同情你的感受 |
[26:36] | I do. | 真的 |
[26:37] | But I like to be completely honest with my clients. | 但是我更愿意对我的客户完全诚实 |
[26:39] | Well, she’s never gonna be completely honest with you. | 但是 她绝对不会对你完全诚实的 |
[26:42] | Yes, but there’s a difference between my lying to her | 是 但是我对她撒谎 |
[26:45] | – and her lying to me. – Hold on. Hold on. | -跟她对我撒谎是不同的 -等等 等等 |
[26:47] | Look, nobody’s asking you to lie. | 听着 没人要你去撒谎 |
[26:48] | Oh, well, then, maybe I’m confused. | 那我就不明白了 |
[26:50] | What exactly is it you want me to do? | 你到底是要我干嘛 |
[26:53] | You’re supposed to be a very good lawyer, | 你是一个很好的律师 |
[26:56] | which means you should be able to clearly | 就是说 你应该能可以 |
[26:58] | and simply explain things to my wife | 简单明了的解释一件事 |
[27:00] | in a way she completely misunderstands. | 却让我妻子完全误解 |
[27:08] | That’s her. | 是她 |
[27:13] | Look… | 听着 |
[27:14] | If you do decide to take Brenda’s case, | 如果你真的决定接手布兰达的案子 |
[27:16] | It’d be great if you swung by her office | 你最好顺道去她的办公室 |
[27:18] | And talked to her about it in person. | 亲自把接手这案子的事情告诉她 |
[27:19] | Preferably tonight, | 最好在今晚下班前 |
[27:20] | because I would like to watch some television | 因为我回家的时候 |
[27:22] | when I get home. | 太想看看电视了 |
[27:27] | Hey, honey. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[27:28] | What is it? | 什么事情 |
[27:33] | Um…the parking lot at the grocery store. | 我在杂货店旁的停车场 |
[27:34] | Where are you? | 你呢 |
[27:39] | An open house? | 去看房子 |
[27:42] | Where? | 在哪啊 |
[28:02] | You’re, uh, not at work today? | 你今天没上班吗 |
[28:05] | Pope gave most of my division the rest of the day off. | 保罗让我组里大部分回家休息 |
[28:08] | Overtime issues. | 不想给加班费 |
[28:09] | So I thought we’d look at houses. | 我就想咱不如来看看房子 |
[28:10] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[28:11] | Buying a house | 买个房子 |
[28:12] | that will help us cut back enough | 然后我们就有钱 |
[28:14] | to hire the attorney? | 来请律师了吗 |
[28:15] | Oh, well, I spoke to Pope about that, | 遵照你的建议 |
[28:17] | like you suggested, | 我去找了保罗 |
[28:18] | and he said he’s going to look into it. | 他说他会想办法的 |
[28:20] | But still, honey, | 但是啊 亲爱的 |
[28:22] | This looks like a little more house than we can afford. | 这房子咱好像买不起啊 |
[28:25] | Oh, I don’t know about that. | 那也不一定啦 |
[28:30] | It’s a buyer’s market. It’s only $2.5 million. | 现在是买方市场 才两百五十万 |
[28:33] | Oh. Only $2.5 million. | 才两百五十万 |
[28:35] | I met the owners today, and they’re desperate to sell. | 我今天见过房主了 他们非常想卖掉这房子 |
[28:38] | Hi, there. Hi. Conner Ellis. | 你们好 我是康纳·埃利斯 |
[28:41] | I’ll be showing the house today. | 今天我来给你们介绍房子 |
[28:42] | You guys looking for a new place to live? | 你们是想买套新房住吗 |
[28:44] | We are. I’m Brenda, and this is Fritz. | 是的 我叫布兰达 这是福瑞茨 |
[28:47] | We’re both doctors, | 我俩都是医生 |
[28:48] | so we’re pre-approved for loans. | 我们贷款都不用审核的 |
[28:50] | Do you mind if we start in the backyard? | 我们想先看看后院 |
[28:51] | In my free time, I just live to be outside. | 不上班的时候 我都愿意待在户外 |
[28:54] | And Fritzi here is a griller. | 福瑞茨超级喜欢烧烤 |
[28:55] | A griller? I’m…i’m a griller… | 是 我超级喜欢烧烤 |
[28:58] | from way back. | 好久了 |
[29:00] | So if the backyard isn’t right, | 所以如果后院不好 |
[29:01] | Then we might as well not even look at the rest of the house. | 那我们就没兴趣看房子的其它地方了 |
[29:03] | May we? | 可以吗 |
[29:04] | Oh, sure. Come this way… | 当然 这边请 |
[29:06] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[29:07] | It’s a — it’s a beautiful day | 今天是个 |
[29:09] | To look at some of the outdoor features. | 看房子户外情况的好天气 |
[29:11] | And the owners keep everything super nice. | 而且房主非常整洁 |
[29:13] | Gardeners come twice a week. | 园丁们一周来两次 |
[29:15] | Pool is perfectly maintained. | 游泳池也修缮得很好 |
[29:18] | Do you mind if we head out on our own, | 不介意我们自己看一下吧 |
[29:19] | just to get the feel of the place? | 只是想感受一下这个地方 |
[29:21] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[29:22] | Oh, my goodness. It is so romantic! | 天哪 好浪漫啊 |
[29:25] | If you think so, darling. | 你说浪漫就浪漫 亲爱的 |
[29:26] | – Excuse us, Conner. – Certainly. | -失陪了 康纳 -当然 |
[29:29] | Take your time. | 慢慢看 |
[29:32] | So tell me, doctor, | 告诉我 医生 |
[29:35] | What are we looking for out here? | 我们是要来这找什么 |
[29:37] | Uh, drag marks or… | 拖痕或者… |
[29:41] | …wheelbarrow tracks. | 手推车的车辙 |
[29:59] | Hey, hon? | 嗨 亲 |
[30:01] | Look what I see. Right next door. | 看我发现什么了 就在隔壁 |
[30:03] | The ruins of a retaining wall | 一个挡土墙的残骸 |
[30:05] | Under which someone like a murder victim could be buried. | 底下足够埋一个被谋杀的受害者了 |
[30:09] | Don’t you need a warrant to go poking around like this? | 你这样到处乱搜不需要搜查令吗 |
[30:12] | It says “Open house.” Open. | 他自己说了 开放参观 开放的 |
[30:17] | Oh, look. Oh, isn’t it beautiful, honey? | 看啊 多漂亮啊 亲爱的 |
[30:19] | Let’s take some pictures! | 我们照几张照片吧 |
[30:34] | Oh, my. | 天啊 |
[30:37] | Don’t hurt yourself. | 别闪到腰 |
[30:38] | I got it. I got it. | 我来 我来 |
[30:40] | You’re not gonna tell me | 你不是要告诉我 |
[30:42] | You’re into garden gnomes, are you? | 你喜欢花园小矮人吧 |
[30:44] | No, but I would like to meet the little fella | 不是 但是我倒是想见见 |
[30:46] | who used to live here. | 之前被放在这里的朋友 |
[30:48] | Why are you interested in a missing gnome? | 你为什么对一个丢失的花园土地爷感兴趣 |
[30:50] | Because he saw the murder, | 因为他看到过凶手 |
[30:51] | Up close and personal. | 近距离亲眼所见 |
[31:04] | What are you looking at? | 您在看什么呢 |
[31:05] | Oh, the grout between the tiles. | 瓷砖中间的水泥缝 |
[31:09] | What about it? | 看它干嘛 |
[31:11] | Her father told her | 她爸爸告诉她 |
[31:12] | that if there are cracks in the grout, | 如果水泥缝有裂纹 |
[31:14] | The house could be moving, you know, earthquakes. | 房子可能被移动过 比如因为地震 |
[31:16] | Oh, no, no. We’d have to disclose that. | 没 没 我们已经披露过了 |
[31:17] | He’s right, honey. | 他是对的 亲爱的 |
[31:18] | California civil code 2079 | 加州民法第2079条 |
[31:20] | Requires property owners to fully and completely | 要求房主需在卖房子前 |
[31:22] | Disclose any known problems with the house before selling them. | 完全充分地说明房子存在的问题 |
[31:25] | A building inspector | 一个城建监察员 |
[31:26] | talked to me about it today for about an hour. | 今天跟我说了一小时关于房子的知识 |
[31:27] | Everything all right with the tile, then…doctor? | 那瓷砖没什么问题吧 医生 |
[31:32] | Oh, it looks like this side’s | 看起来 |
[31:33] | recently been cleaned with bleach, | 缝隙间好像最近被漂洗过 |
[31:35] | but I’m sure I can get what I need | 但我应该能看到想看的东西 |
[31:36] | with the proper lighting. | 只要光线适合 |
[31:39] | Anything else you’d like to disclose? | 还有什么问题要说吗 |
[31:40] | Don’t you want to see the rest of the house? | 你不想再看看房子的其它地方吗 |
[31:42] | Let’s get the bad news over with first. | 还是先听听房子不好的地方吧 |
[31:57] | There was rain damage last year. | 去年下大雨 房子有损坏 |
[31:58] | It is all fixed. | 但是都修好了 |
[32:00] | And… | 还有 |
[32:01] | The owners had termites four years ago, | 这家四年前招了白蚁 |
[32:03] | but they tented. | 但是已经被灭 |
[32:04] | A Megan’s law registrant lived behind us here | 一个《梅根法案》在册的性侵者曾住在后面 |
[32:07] | died recently, oh, parking across the street | 最近死了 停车需要到街对面 |
[32:09] | Megan’s law? | 《梅根法案》 |
[32:10] | A sex offender lives close by? | 性侵者住附近 |
[32:12] | Lived. Lived. Past tense. | 曾经 曾经 过去时了 |
[32:14] | He died. Last week. Thank god. | 他上周死了 谢天谢地 |
[32:16] | That guy single-handedly | 就因为他一人 |
[32:17] | kept me from selling this house for months. | 这房子我几个月卖不出去 |
[32:19] | Anyway, uh, street parking is… | 不管他 车停街边… |
[32:20] | Thank you, Conner. | 谢谢你 康纳 |
[32:21] | Which way is the master bedroom, please? | 哪个房间是主卧 |
[32:28] | It’s one of my wife’s little quirks. | 这是我妻子的一个怪癖 |
[32:31] | First thing she needs to know | 她必须得先知道 |
[32:32] | Is if there’s enough room for her shoes. | 是不是有足够的空间放她的鞋子 |
[32:35] | Shoes, uh, they’re very important. | 鞋子 对女人很重要 |
[32:37] | Yeah. Yep. | 是啊 |
[32:38] | Yep. | 没错 |
[32:42] | Y-you finding everything you want in there? | 您在里面找到想要的东西了吗 |
[32:45] | Oh, I am. | 找着了 |
[32:46] | In fact… | 事实上 |
[32:48] | I think I’m ready to make the owners an offer right now. | 我准备找主人好好谈谈了 |
[32:53] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[32:55] | Anything you say can and will be used against you | 但你所说的一切 |
[32:57] | in a court of law. | 都将作为呈堂证供 |
[32:58] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权聘请律师 |
[32:59] | If you cannot afford an attorney, | 如果你无法负担律师费用 |
[33:01] | one will be appointed for you by the state. | 政府将免费为你指派一名 |
[33:03] | – We can afford an attorney. – We just don’t need one. | -我们请得起律师 -只是没必要 |
[33:04] | Look — before you all start interrupting me | 听着 在你俩不停打断我 |
[33:06] | and saying things you’re going to regret, | 并打算说一些将来会后悔的话之前 |
[33:08] | I wanted to show you, Malin, | 我要给你看看这个 玛琳 |
[33:09] | all these spots here on your jeans | 你的牛仔裤和运动鞋上的 |
[33:12] | and your sneakers — | 这些白点 |
[33:13] | They’re from the bleach that splashed up on your clothes | 都是你们在用漂白剂清洗阳台的血迹时 |
[33:15] | while you were cleaning blood off your patio. | 弄到衣服上的 |
[33:17] | And… | 还有… |
[33:19] | our lab sprayed the grout | 调查人员在 |
[33:21] | between the tiles on your terrace. | 你家阳台的地板缝里 |
[33:24] | And it tested positive for blood residue. | 监测到了血液残留成分 |
[33:26] | In a few days, | 几天后 |
[33:27] | we’ll have a DNA match of our victim. | 检测到的DNA会与死者匹配 |
[33:30] | And that is enough to arrest you both for murder. | 这就足够以谋杀罪逮捕你们两个 |
[33:33] | – Wait a minute. Wait a minute. – No. | -等一等 -别说了 |
[33:34] | – Wait a minute. Wait. Wait. – No, Greg. | -等等 你听我说 -别说了 格雷格 |
[33:35] | Don’t try to protect me anymore. | 别再试图保护我了 |
[33:37] | – We have… – I did it. | -我们… -是我干的 |
[33:38] | H-honey! | 亲爱的 |
[33:39] | Like — no! | 你怎么能… |
[33:40] | – Greg… – no! | -格雷格 -不要这样 |
[33:41] | – I have to tell her. – Malin’s right, Greg. | -我必须告诉她 -格雷格 玛琳说得对 |
[33:44] | If you don’t explain exactly what happened, | 如果你不把事情的原由解释清楚 |
[33:47] | we cannot help you. | 我们也帮不了你 |
[33:48] | I-I told Greg when he came home. | 直到格雷格下班 我才告诉他的 |
[33:51] | We should have called the police. | 我们当时就该报警 |
[33:53] | You were only defending yourself. | 你只是想要保护自己 |
[33:54] | She has nothing to explain. | 没有什么好解释的 |
[33:56] | Let’s put it behind us, honey. | 亲爱的 别再提了 |
[33:58] | They already know most of the story anyway. | 他们已经了解事情的大概了 |
[34:04] | Look, | 听我说 |
[34:05] | John Dale, | 约翰·戴尔 |
[34:07] | he must have been watching us, | 他一定是观察我们很久了 |
[34:08] | waiting for times when I would be alone. | 等待我独自在家的时机 |
[34:13] | If only we had known he was, like, you know, a rapist! | 要是我早知道他是个强奸犯 |
[34:17] | Greg, be quiet. | 格雷格· 安静点 |
[34:18] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[34:19] | – let me tell her what happened, please. – Okay. | -让我亲口告诉她发生了什么 -好吧 |
[34:23] | Anyway, about two weeks ago, | 大约两周之前 |
[34:25] | I went into our backyard… | 我走进我家阳台 |
[34:27] | and there he was — | 而J约翰·大卫·戴尔 |
[34:30] | John David Dale… | 就站在那儿 |
[34:33] | Waiting for me. | 等着我 |
[34:35] | And he — he tried… | 然后他就想… |
[34:39] | he tri– he tried… | 他想要…他… |
[34:43] | He tried to rape her. | 他想强暴她 |
[34:44] | And all Malin did was, you know, try to stop him. | 玛琳只是试图阻止他 |
[34:47] | She didn’t mean to kill him. | 她不是故意要杀他 |
[34:49] | When I got home, Malin was still really upset. | 我回到家时 玛琳依然惊慌失措 |
[34:51] | And I just wanted the dude off our property, | 我一心想着把那个男人丢出我家 |
[34:53] | so, you know, sorry about the illegal burial, | 原谅我非法埋葬尸体 |
[34:58] | but it was, like, very spur-of-the-moment. | 我只是一时冲动 |
[35:00] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[35:01] | Because it seems a bit better organized than that. | 似乎这么说来比较符合逻辑 |
[35:09] | We found this stuff at your house. | 我们在你家找到了这些东西 |
[35:12] | According to Greg’s credit card, | 根据格雷格的信用卡记录 |
[35:14] | he bought the wheelbarrow and everything in it | 他在你声称戴尔先生企图强奸你的前一天 |
[35:17] | the day before you claim Mr. Dale tried to rape you. | 买了这把小推车和车里的东西 |
[35:21] | The outdoor bleach… | 室外用的漂白剂 |
[35:23] | – and, uh, the trash bags… – Box of 50, 2 missing. | -垃圾袋 -一盒五十个 少了两个 |
[35:25] | …are the same ones that Mr. Dale was stuffed in. | 和裹着戴尔先生尸体的袋子一模一样 |
[35:28] | And the duct tape | 还有胶带 |
[35:30] | matches what was used to close the bags up. | 也和用来封装垃圾袋的胶带一样 |
[35:32] | And the ball peen hammer… | 还有这把圆头锤子 |
[35:33] | Which exactly fits several wounds on the victim’s skull. | 它和造成死者头部伤口的凶器完全相符 |
[35:36] | I don’t know, y’all. | 你俩告诉我 |
[35:37] | Doesn’t it seem a little coincidental | 你邻居家的后院正巧又在翻修 |
[35:39] | that all of this should be happening | 让你可以埋掉戴尔先生 |
[35:41] | right when your neighbor’s yard was being dug up, | 我不知道你俩有没有觉得 |
[35:43] | giving you the perfect place to bury Mr. Dale? | 发生的这一切实在太巧了呢 |
[35:47] | You’re, like, suggesting that we, like, murdered the guy. | 你好像在说 是我们杀了那个人 |
[35:51] | Why would — why would we do that? | 我们为什么要这么做呢 |
[35:52] | Maybe because living so close to | 也许是因为你家旁边 |
[35:53] | a registered sex offender | 住着个在册的强奸犯 |
[35:54] | Made your home impossible to sell. | 使得你家房子根本卖不出去 |
[35:57] | Except for Mr. Dale’s name couldn’t be removed | 除非戴尔先生被证实已经死去 |
[35:59] | from the Megan’s law website until he was declared dead. | 才能消去《梅根法案》网站上的记录 |
[36:01] | And for that, you needed the body. | 因此 尸体必须被发现 |
[36:03] | And you didn’t have it. | 可你已经把他埋了 |
[36:04] | So you sent a letter of complaint | 所以你向城建监察员 |
[36:06] | to the city building inspector | 投诉了隔壁家 |
[36:07] | in regards to the illegal retaining wall | 违规建设的挡土墙 |
[36:09] | where you buried him. | 而尸体就在墙下 |
[36:10] | And then — poof — they dug him up. | 然后如你所愿 他被挖了出来 |
[36:12] | And that is our version of how Mr. Dale died. | 这是我们对戴尔先生死因的分析 |
[36:15] | So what do you think, Greg? | 你觉得呢 格雷格 |
[36:17] | Are we on the right track? | 我们的推断靠谱吗 |
[36:19] | No. | 不 |
[36:20] | No, no, no. | 完全不靠谱 |
[36:21] | He tried to rape me, | 是他想强暴我 |
[36:22] | I was alone, and I defended myself. | 我孤立无援 这是正当防卫 |
[36:26] | Okay. Let’s see if that’s possible. | 好吧 我们看看是否有这个可能 |
[36:40] | Last week, you asked your gardeners, | 你家园丁每周会去两次 |
[36:41] | who come twice a week, | 上周你让他 |
[36:42] | to take away this perfectly good lawn ornament. | 把这个漂亮至极的小矮人给清理掉 |
[36:45] | They were surprised, your gardeners, | 你们的园丁很奇怪 |
[36:47] | because you cleaned him up before throwing him out. | 因为你们刚把它洗干净就要扔掉 |
[36:50] | Turns out, the wound in the base of our victim’s skull | 我们发现 按照死者头骨基部制作的模型 |
[36:54] | goes exactly with the tippy-top of this little gnome’s hat. | 和这个小人的帽尖完全匹配 |
[36:58] | You know what it looks like, Malin? | 这看起来像什么呢 玛琳 |
[37:00] | Honestly, it looks like you struck Mr. Dale several times | 说实在的 貌似是你用锤子 |
[37:02] | with that hammer, | 敲了他几下 |
[37:03] | not realizing how heavy it was to swing. | 根本不知道自己的力气有多大 |
[37:05] | Especially for a little slip of a girl like you. | 尤其对你这个柔弱的女子来说 |
[37:07] | And when you realized that Mr. Dale fell down | 结果你发现戴尔先生只是 |
[37:10] | and only broke his nose, | 跌了一跤 摔破鼻子 |
[37:11] | You grabbed the nearest object you could find, | 你抓起手边最近的东西 |
[37:14] | and shoved it into his head. | 刺进了他的头部 |
[37:15] | I was panicked… | 当时我惊恐万分 |
[37:17] | and defenseless and alone. | 独自一人 无力反抗 |
[37:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:20] | If you could show me | 如果你能证明 |
[37:21] | how you picked up that little garden gnome | 你是如何凭一己之力 |
[37:24] | all by yourself, | 抓起那尊小人的 |
[37:25] | then I’ll take your word for it. | 我就相信你说的话 |
[37:51] | Lift with your legs. Lift with your legs, babe. | 双腿使劲 宝贝 |
[37:55] | If it makes you feel any better, | 没什么不好意思的 |
[37:56] | I had to have my husband help me with it, too. | 我也是让我丈夫帮忙才抬起它的 |
[37:59] | I can get it. | 我可以的 |
[38:10] | What I don’t understand | 我不明白的是 |
[38:12] | is why you went back into Mr. Dale’s house and wrote that e-mail | 你明明可以直接打电话去投诉 |
[38:15] | when you could have just called and lodged a complaint. | 为什么要回到戴尔先生的房子里发邮件呢 |
[38:17] | We thought you might, like, recognize our voices. | 我怕自己的声音会被认出来 |
[38:21] | I’ll take that as your confession. | 这就是你的供词了哦 |
[38:24] | Greg, you idiot! | 格雷格 你这个笨蛋 |
[38:25] | Oh! Hold on. Wait. | 等等 |
[38:27] | I just figured out what we should have said. | 我刚想起来我该怎么回答 |
[38:29] | Is there any way we could, | 我们能不能 |
[38:30] | you know, like, start our story over? | 重新回答一遍 |
[38:32] | No… | 不能 |
[38:34] | Because, like, you know, you’re under arrest | 因为你已经因一级谋杀罪 |
[38:36] | for murder in the first degree. | 被逮捕了 |
[38:41] | Chief Johnson. The lawyer is here. | 强生队长 律师来了 |
[38:42] | They — they called a lawyer? | 他们叫律师来了吗 |
[38:44] | No, no. | 不是 |
[38:45] | Your attorney is here. | 是您的律师来了 |
[38:47] | Oh. Oh? | 哦 啊? |
[38:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:53] | Well, we need to take care of our guests here first, | 我们得先把他俩照顾好 |
[38:55] | but, uh, Buzz, would you mind removing our little friend here? | 你能把这位小朋友带走吗 |
[38:58] | – Sure thing, Chief. – Thank you. | -没问题 头儿 -谢谢 |
[39:00] | Gives me the creeps. | 它看得我心里发毛 |
[39:11] | Gavin. | 盖文 |
[39:12] | – Hello. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[39:14] | To what do we owe the honor? | 您大驾光临 有何贵干 |
[39:16] | Oh, well, I just wanted to drop by | 我只是顺路过来告诉您 |
[39:19] | and tell you how good it was to meet you yesterday, | 昨日的会面十分愉快 |
[39:21] | and how honored I am to be representing you | 而且我很荣幸能在图雷利·贝勒一案中 |
[39:24] | in this Turell Baylor business. | 为您出庭辩护 |
[39:26] | Oh, no, no. | 不 不 |
[39:27] | No, not yet. | 还没定呢 |
[39:29] | Look, you’re a great attorney and all that, | 你确实是个优秀的律师 |
[39:31] | but we still haven’t figured out how we’re gonna pay your fee. | 但我们还没决定是否要聘请你呢 |
[39:34] | That’s been taken care of. | 钱已经收到了 |
[39:38] | The retainer. | 律师费 |
[39:39] | And you, Chief Johnson, | 就我来说 |
[39:42] | you, personally, will not be paying me a dime. | 强生队长您已经不用再付任何费用了 |
[39:45] | I won’t? | 不用了吗 |
[39:45] | As long as we don’t go to trial. | 只要我们不用上庭 |
[39:47] | But, as we say in my profession, | 不过从我们的专业角度来说 |
[39:48] | “We’ll double-cross that bridge when we come to it.” | “既来之 则忽悠之” |
[39:54] | Oh. I’m sorry. Excuse me one little second. | 抱歉 失陪一下 |
[39:56] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[40:01] | I thought I said no more overtime. | 我不是说过不能再加班了 |
[40:04] | Oh, Will, thank you so much | 威尔 谢谢你 |
[40:06] | for getting the city to pay for my attorney. | 让市政府为支付律师费 |
[40:08] | You have no idea how much this means to me. | 你不知道这对我来说意味着什么 |
[40:12] | You really don’t. | 你真的无法理解 |
[40:15] | Well, you’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[40:18] | Thank you so much, Will. | 太感谢你了 威尔 |
[40:19] | Really. Thank you with all my heart. | 真心的感谢你 |
[40:23] | I’m just… | 我只是… |
[40:24] | I’m glad it got managed. | 很高兴问题能够解决 |
[40:27] | So… | 那… |
[40:29] | Good work. | 干得不错 |
[40:30] | Good work. | 干得不错 |
[40:40] | Flight risk. | 防止他趁机逃跑 |
[40:53] | All right, then. | 这下好了 |
[40:55] | Thanks to Chief Pope, we are in business. | 多亏了保罗局长 我们才能合作 |
[40:58] | Yeah. All thanks to Pope. | 是啊 全仰仗保罗了 |
[41:01] | Since I’m here, | 既然我都来了 |
[41:03] | why don’t we just, very quickly, | 不如我们尽快 |
[41:04] | establish some ground rules, okay? | 约法三章 可以吗 |
[41:06] | – Okay. – Okay. | -没问题 -好的 |
[41:08] | I think, as a general policy, | 保险起见 我认为 |
[41:09] | fewer things will go wrong if we all agree, | 如果从现在开始 |
[41:12] | from this moment on, | 我们能够坦诚相待 |
[41:14] | to be completely honest with each other. | 那么就可以避免许多差错 |
[41:16] | How about this? | 听听这个如何 |
[41:17] | I swear to tell the truth, | 我保证句句属实 |
[41:18] | the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, | 绝无半点虚假 |
[41:20] | so help me god. | 愿主保佑我 |
[41:23] | So — so help me god. | 愿主保佑我 |