时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | Yesterday, 43-year-old Indiana native Bob Michaels | 昨天 43岁的印第安纳人鲍勃·麦克斯 |
[00:20] | set out on a hike in the Santa Monica Mountains | 出发去圣莫尼卡山远足 |
[00:23] | and never returned. | 一去便再也没回来 |
[00:28] | Hiking is generally a safe activity, | 远足登山可以说是一项安全的运动 |
[00:30] | but not out here, alone, | 但独自一个人待在这里 |
[00:31] | at night, in the world’s largest urban park. | 尤其是在这座世界最大的城市公园过夜就另说了 |
[00:37] | The only clue to Mr. Michaels’ disappearance is this minivan, | 麦克斯失踪的唯一线索就是这辆小货车 |
[00:41] | which brought him, his wife, and daughter — | 正是这辆车载着他和妻子 还有 |
[00:44] | a budding talent — | 他们初显明星潜质的女儿 |
[00:45] | from Fort Wayne to Hollywood, chasing the dream, | 一路从韦恩堡来到好莱坞 追逐成星之梦 |
[00:48] | a dream that rescuers here | 而现在救援人员正努力 |
[00:50] | are trying to stop from turning into a nightmare. | 阻止这个星梦变成一场噩梦 |
[00:53] | As the sun sets on the second day of rescue efforts here | 圣莫尼卡山搜救行动的第二日 |
[00:56] | in the Santa Monica Mountains, | 一直黄昏时分 |
[00:58] | the mood amongst those searching for Bob Michaels turns grim. | 搜寻鲍勃·麦克斯的救援人员心情越发凝重 |
[01:02] | Back home in Fort Wayne, Indiana, | 而在他们的家乡 印第安纳州韦恩堡 |
[01:04] | City of Churches, | 这个教堂之城 |
[01:05] | Bob Michaels is a sometime community-theater actor | 鲍勃·麦克斯曾是一名社区剧场演员 |
[01:08] | who, like many doting fathers, | 像大多宠爱子女的父亲一样 |
[01:11] | dreams his daughter has the stuff to become a star. | 他梦想着女儿能成为巨星 |
[01:14] | And “Extra” has the music video | 连娱乐网站”特酷”上周也为米西·麦克斯 |
[01:16] | Missy Michaels recorded just last week. | 录制了音乐电视 |
[01:18] | Tragically, it now plays like a country pop hymn | 可悲的是 现在这首歌成了为 |
[01:22] | to Missy’s missing dad. | 米西失踪父亲而唱的乡村挽歌 |
[01:30] | On day four of the search for Bob Michaels, | 搜寻鲍勃·麦克斯的工作进入第四天 |
[01:32] | criticism continues to mount | 来自各界的批评声越来越多 |
[01:34] | over what some say should have been an easy rescue operation. | 很多人指出搜救工作应该十分易行 |
[01:38] | After federal, state, and city budget cuts, | 在联邦 州以及市政府缩减预算之后 |
[01:42] | the park service here can only operate on weekends. | 公园维护工作只能在周末进行 |
[01:44] | They’ve had washouts and rockslides | 造成了山路上到处是冲蚀痕迹 |
[01:46] | all over the trail system, | 和滑落的岩石 |
[01:48] | making the job of everyone on the search team | 这使得搜寻工作 |
[01:50] | that much more difficult. | 变得更加困难 |
[01:51] | It’s way too early to speculate on the identity of the body. | 现在推测死者的身份还为时过早 |
[01:56] | The last thing the LAPD wants to do | 经历了五天艰难地搜救 |
[01:58] | after this five-day ordeal | 洛杉矶警署最不愿看到的 |
[02:00] | is to create unnecessary grief for the Michaels family. | 就是给麦克斯的家人带来多余的悲痛 |
[02:04] | Chief Johnson, is this a murder investigation? | 强生局长 这是起凶杀案吗 |
[02:09] | Well, the arrival of major crimes from the LAPD | 洛杉矶警署重案科的介入 |
[02:11] | signals just how violent of an end this is for another Hollywood dream | 暗示着又一好莱坞星梦终结的残酷现实 |
[02:16] | as the man from the City of Churches | 以及这名来自教堂之城的男子 |
[02:18] | ends his life in the City of Angels. | 命断天使之城的悲惨遭遇 |
[02:22] | And we’re clear. | 情况就是这样 |
[02:24] | I guess we can, uh, send the rattlesnake guy home. | 我看可以让那个弄蛇人回家了 |
[02:29] | Oh, for heaven’s sakes. What a circus! | 老天 在这里搞什么马戏啊 |
[02:32] | – Where’s the body? – Right there. | -尸体在哪发现的 -这里 |
[02:34] | Which patrol says is about a hundred yards up this trail. | 巡逻队员说沿着山路向上走大约100码 |
[02:37] | And then another 200 yards down, and splat. | 然后再下落200码 随后粉身碎骨 |
[02:40] | You mean he fell off a cliff? | 你是说他是坠落悬崖的 |
[02:42] | Or he got pushed. Hard to say. | 或者被人推下去的 很难说 |
[02:44] | Fire department’s working on getting them up and out. | 消防部门正在将尸体搬运上来 |
[02:46] | Special agent Howard, what are you doing here? | 特别探员霍华德 什么风把你吹来了 |
[02:49] | Oh, that trail I just came down | 我刚走下来的这条山路 |
[02:50] | belongs to the National Forest Service. | 属于国家林务局 |
[02:52] | You’re standing on federal property. | 你们正站在联邦政府的财产上 |
[02:54] | Okay, so, then, why are we here? | 好吧 那我们是干嘛来的 |
[02:57] | Well, when Mr. Michaels fell, | 麦克斯先生摔下悬崖时 |
[02:58] | he, uh, landed in a city canyon. | 落在了城市所属的峡谷中 |
[03:01] | Mind if we head up the mountain, take a peek over that cliff? | 如果不介意 我们能上山顶在悬崖边看看吗 |
[03:03] | Well, we’re about to start casting | 正好我们要给 |
[03:05] | Mr. Michaels’ footprints, | 麦克斯先生的脚印铸模 |
[03:06] | And, you know, we could use some volunteers | 正需要几个志愿者 |
[03:08] | to help carry up the plaster. | 帮我们搬石膏呢 |
[03:09] | Yeah, right. | 太好了 |
[03:09] | Chief Johnson, the Michaels family, | 强生局长 麦克斯的家人 |
[03:12] | they’re here. | 他们到了 |
[03:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:15] | Lieutenant, you want to carry plaster up the mountain | 副队 你是想把石膏搬到山顶 |
[03:16] | or talk to the family with me? | 还是想同我一起和家人聊聊 |
[03:18] | Bye, everyone. | 回见 |
[03:25] | Chief Johnson, lieutenant Provenza, | 强生局长 普罗文茨副队 |
[03:27] | This is Bob Michaels’ family — | 鲍勃·麦克斯的家人 |
[03:29] | His wife, Beth, his daughter, Missy, | 他的妻子 贝丝 女儿 米西 |
[03:31] | his father-in-law — I’m sorry, sir? | 岳父 抱歉 你的名字是 |
[03:33] | Wes Durant — | 怀斯·杜兰特 |
[03:34] | Fort Wayne, Indiana. | 来自印第安纳州韦恩堡 |
[03:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:36] | And this is Bob’s son, Timmy. | 这是鲍勃的儿子 蒂米 |
[03:38] | Oh, I wasn’t aware Mr. Michaels had a son. | 我不知道麦克斯先生还有个儿子 |
[03:40] | He forgot about it, too. | 恐怕连他自己也忘了 |
[03:42] | Not now, dad, please. | 不要再提了 爸爸 |
[03:44] | This man you found — it’s not Bob, is it? | 你们发现的这具尸体 不是鲍勃对吗 |
[03:47] | We’re not sure. | 我们还不能确定 |
[03:48] | But this is so far from where he left our car. | 但距离他停车的地方太远了 |
[03:51] | 15 miles. | 足足15英里 |
[03:52] | And how could he get this close to a road | 他能到距离公路如此之近的地方 |
[03:54] | and not make it out? | 怎么会没找到出去的路呢 |
[03:55] | Yeah, it can’t be daddy. | 是啊 不会是爸爸的 |
[03:56] | He’s too far from the car. | 那人离车太远了 |
[03:58] | Miss Michaels, uh, your husband — | 麦克斯夫人 你的丈夫 |
[04:00] | He spend a lot of time out in nature? | 他经常外出远足吗 |
[04:03] | He took my scout troop | 在家乡他还领着我们童子军 |
[04:05] | camping at Pokagon State Park back home. | 去樸加岡州立公园露营呢 |
[04:07] | So he’s an experienced outdoorsman? | 那么说他是位有经验的户外旅行家咯 |
[04:09] | Well, h-he’s not an expert. | 他才不是什么专家 |
[04:10] | He was — he was just going for a walk. | 只是 只是去散散步罢了 |
[04:16] | Ma’am, you told the police earlier | 夫人 早些时候你告诉过警察 |
[04:18] | that the last time you saw your husband, | 最后一次见到你丈夫时 |
[04:20] | he was wearing a blue shirt? | 他穿着一件蓝色T恤 |
[04:24] | Uh… blue polo with stripes. Yeah. | 是的 蓝色条纹短袖衫 |
[04:27] | Well, one of the rescuers found this on the body. | 一位营救人员在尸体上发现的 |
[04:31] | Does this look familiar? Oh! | 眼熟吗 |
[04:40] | We only came out here because of me. | 都是因为我全家才会来这儿 |
[04:43] | – It’s my fault. – Oh, no. | -都是我的错 -不 |
[04:44] | No, baby, don’t you think that for one second, all right? | 宝贝 千万别这样想 |
[04:47] | We should never have let them leave Indiana. | 我们就不应该让他们离开印第安纳 |
[04:50] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[04:51] | Missy, reporters are asking for a statement. | 米西 记者们等着你呢 |
[04:54] | No, Missy, you’re not going anywhere. | 米西 你哪都不能去 |
[04:55] | You tell those reporters they can go to hell. | 你可以让那些记者见鬼去了 |
[04:57] | And you can go with them. | 你也一块去好了 |
[04:58] | We don’t need any Hollywood managers here. | 现在这里不需要什么好莱坞经理人 |
[05:00] | Ma’am, we need some quiet time now, away from here. | 女士 我们要离开这 静一静 |
[05:03] | Um, of course. | 当然 |
[05:04] | Why don’t y’all relax | 你们不如去 |
[05:05] | in one of our family rooms at the station. | 局里的家属接待室休息一下 |
[05:07] | We can even arrange a ride for you. | 我们还可以载你们一程 |
[05:09] | We have a rental car. | 我们租了一辆车 |
[05:11] | Uh, all right, then. | 那好吧 |
[05:12] | – Commander, would you please arrange an escort? – Sure. | -警督 你能安排专车护送吗 -当然可以 |
[05:14] | I-I’m sorry. I know it’s a very difficult time, | 很抱歉 我知道你们一定很难过 |
[05:17] | but as soon as you’re able, | 但等你们稳定下来 |
[05:19] | we’re going to need | 我们需要 |
[05:19] | your husband’s medical and dental records. | 你丈夫的病历和牙医病历 |
[05:22] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[05:29] | Right this way. Right this way. | 这边请 这边请 |
[06:03] | I don’t normally do house calls, | 我不经常上门服务的 |
[06:04] | but my boss didn’t want the press | 但头儿不想让新闻界 |
[06:06] | to get the information out before we did. | 比我们先放出消息 |
[06:08] | And… yuck. | 真恶心 |
[06:10] | Uh… multiple fractures of the left leg and — ohh — | 左腿多处骨折 还有… |
[06:14] | That bone’s sticking out a little bit. | 那根骨头插出来了 |
[06:16] | Let’s stay away from that. | 这个就别拍了 |
[06:18] | Shattered pelvis. | 骨盆粉碎性骨折 |
[06:20] | Crushed ribs. | 肋骨也压碎了 |
[06:21] | This guy didn’t fall off a mountain — he bounced. | 这家伙不是摔下去的 他是滚下山崖的 |
[06:24] | And weird. His face is sunburnt… | 奇怪了 他的脸晒伤了 |
[06:28] | But the rest of him isn’t… | 但其他部位却完好 |
[06:31] | Except for the palms of his hands. | 除了他的手掌 |
[06:32] | Was the body in the shade? | 尸体是在阴凉下发现的吗 |
[06:33] | Yeah — under a lot of scrub brush. | 是的 在灌木林里 |
[06:35] | The body’s cold, but still stiff, | 尸体冰冷 但还保持僵硬 |
[06:37] | very little decom, | 轻微腐烂 |
[06:38] | no bug larvae or postmortem animal bites. | 死后没有幼虫或食腐动物的咬痕 |
[06:42] | I say he was down there overnight — | 我推断尸体在山崖下待了一夜 |
[06:43] | Maybe 10, 12 hours at most. | 10到12小时左右 |
[06:45] | Now, how did he manage to walk around for five days | 他是如何穿着短袖衫和短裤 |
[06:48] | in a polo shirt and shorts | 游荡了五天 |
[06:49] | and only get sunburned on his face? | 而只有脸部被晒伤的 |
[06:51] | Maybe he had sunscreen on. | 或许他擦了防晒霜 |
[06:52] | Why are you still here? | 你怎么还在这里 |
[06:53] | Trying to determine what happened to the victim. | 试图确定受害者的遭遇 |
[06:55] | Guy’s a jumper, right? | 这货不就是个跳崖自杀的吗 |
[06:56] | He was out here nearly a week | 他在外面游荡了差不多一个星期 |
[06:58] | before taking the leap. | 才跳了下去 |
[06:59] | Why the wait? | 为什么等了这么久 |
[07:00] | Maybe he, uh, stumbled off the cliff in the dark, | 或许他是晚上踉跄摔下悬崖的 |
[07:03] | or he got so lost that he gave up all hope. | 或是他迷路了 放弃了求生的念头 |
[07:05] | Look, it’s hard to think of this guy as a genius. | 听着 不必把这个家伙的死想得这么复杂 |
[07:07] | Come on. You have an important settlement conference | 快点 你一小时后还要参加一场 |
[07:09] | in like an hour | 重要的和解调停会 |
[07:10] | that could end this whole multimillion-dollar lawsuit | 这可能会终结那起针对市政府 我们局 |
[07:12] | against the city, the department, you, me. | 还有你我数百万美金的诉讼 |
[07:15] | We, uh, go right now, | 我们现在就走 |
[07:16] | we can hitch a ride on a rescue chopper. | 可以搭成救援直升机 |
[07:17] | No. Hang on. | 不 等等 |
[07:18] | This redness is not from a sunburn. | 这片红斑不是晒伤的 |
[07:25] | Out! Out! Everybody, out! | 出去 大家都出去 |
[07:25] | What the hell is that?! | 这是什么鬼东西 |
[07:27] | Out! | 出去 |
[07:29] | Don’t rub! Don’t rub! | 别擦 别擦 |
[07:31] | You’ll make it worse. | 越擦越难受 |
[07:32] | – Brenda! – What?! | -布兰达 -怎么回事 |
[07:33] | What is it?! | 到底是什么 |
[07:34] | Pepper spray on the victim’s face. | 受害人脸上有胡椒喷雾 |
[07:36] | The water I used reactivated it. | 我一浇水正好又跟它起了反应 |
[07:37] | Medic, pepper spray wipes! | 医生 清理胡椒喷雾 |
[07:39] | Pepper spray?! | 胡椒喷雾 |
[07:41] | Who would pepper-spray him? | 谁会喷他 |
[07:53] | These are the victim’s footprints, | 这些是受害人的脚印 |
[07:54] | courtesy of the FBI. | 多亏了调查局的取证 |
[07:56] | Notice anything? | 注意到什么了吗 |
[07:57] | He’s dragging his heels? | 他走路拖脚后跟吗 |
[07:59] | No, it looks that way | 不 之所以看起来像走路拖地 |
[08:00] | because he was pushed to here, | 是因为他是被推到这里 |
[08:02] | where it says “Edge of cliff.” | 上面说的悬崖边的 |
[08:05] | So he went off the cliff backwards? | 所以他是背对着悬崖的吗 |
[08:06] | With a big shove and a little pepper spray — yes. | 被一阵猛推外加一点胡椒喷雾 没错 |
[08:08] | What makes you so sure he was pushed? | 你为什么这么肯定他是被推下去的 |
[08:10] | Because the FBI told me | 因为调查局告诉我 |
[08:12] | that all the other footprints around his were brushed away. | 所有其他脚印都被扫掉了 |
[08:17] | Come in. | 进来 |
[08:20] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[08:22] | Good to see everyone in one place. | 大家都在 很好 |
[08:26] | We just passed Goldman sitting outside. | 我们刚好看到高德曼坐在外面 |
[08:28] | Looking very smug. Something wrong? | 看起来很得意 出了什么事吗 |
[08:31] | Oh, it’s just pepper spray. | 只是胡椒喷雾 |
[08:32] | Look, no officer-involved violence. No one was attacked. | 没有暴力执法 没人被袭击 |
[08:35] | Yeah. Someone attacked Bob Michaels. | 但有人袭击了鲍勃·麦克斯 |
[08:37] | Or maybe he sprayed himself, | 也许是他自己喷了自己 |
[08:40] | Trying to fend off, uh, whatever — | 想要熏走 比如什么 |
[08:41] | A raccoon or a skunk. | 浣熊或者臭鼬之类的讨厌鬼 |
[08:43] | On the subject of skunks, | 说到讨厌鬼 |
[08:45] | Goldman’s offer has already been approved by the city attorney, | 高德曼提交的条件已经被检察官批准 |
[08:48] | and now it’s our turn to take a look. | 现在轮到我们来研究一下了 |
[08:50] | Goldman is gonna try to make this settlement | 高德曼打算让这个协议 |
[08:52] | sound like a miracle cure, | 听上去像是救命稻草 |
[08:54] | So don’t get too excited when you hear it, okay? | 听到了可别太兴奋 好吗 |
[08:57] | Okay. Okay. | 好 好 |
[08:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:00] | Mr. Goldman, come in, please. | 高德曼先生 请进 |
[09:03] | I think you’ve met everyone. | 我想你已经见过大家了 |
[09:05] | Was it something I said? | 见了我这么激动 |
[09:07] | Pepper spray. | 是胡椒喷雾 |
[09:08] | Sorry we can’t offer you any. | 抱歉不能给您来点了 |
[09:10] | We’re anxious to hear about the settlement. | 我们很期待听到和解协议内容 |
[09:13] | I have good news, followed by even better news. | 我有个好消息 后面还有更好的 |
[09:17] | The Baylor family has agreed | 贝勒家已经同意 |
[09:18] | to lower the claim | 把赔偿从 |
[09:20] | from $20 million to $500,000. | 2000万降低到50万了 |
[09:30] | I know. | 我懂的 |
[09:31] | Not every day you get a 97 and a half percent Discount. | 这么大的便宜不是每天你们都能得到的 |
[09:35] | That does sound like good news. | 听上去像好消息 |
[09:37] | So what’s the better news? | 那更好的消息是 |
[09:41] | If you agree to the settlement, | 如果你们同意协议 |
[09:44] | The Baylor family | 贝勒的家属 |
[09:45] | will drop their claim of wrongful death | 将撤销对强生副局长 |
[09:48] | against Chief Johnson. | 过失导致当事人死亡的控诉 |
[09:52] | In exchange for what? | 交换条件是 |
[09:55] | Sorry? | 抱歉 |
[09:56] | Well, you’ve made the sun shine. Now tell us about the rain. | 你的阳光过后 暴风雨该来了 |
[10:02] | There is some language | 有些语句 |
[10:03] | which stipulates deputy chief Johnson | 说明副局长强生 |
[10:06] | was unconcerned with Terrell Baylor’s welfare | 在把图雷利·贝勒放下车时 |
[10:10] | when she dropped him off. | 没有考虑过他的权益 |
[10:11] | Mm…language is a magical thing. | 语言是个神奇的东西 |
[10:15] | You will also note | 你们还将注意到 |
[10:16] | that I have significantly | 我已经大幅降低了 |
[10:19] | lowered my contingency fees. | 原来要求的意外事故赔偿金 |
[10:22] | This has never been about money. | 这和钱无关 |
[10:24] | It’s about righting a wrong | 这关乎弥补以前的过失 |
[10:25] | and getting Mrs. Baylor a new house | 并给贝勒夫人一套新房子 |
[10:28] | so she’s not forced to live | 她就不用被迫住在 |
[10:29] | where her son was brutally murdered. | 自己儿子被残忍杀害的地方了 |
[10:34] | And this offer does all of that | 这份协议书将实现以上所述 |
[10:37] | without singling anyone out for blame. | 并不再追究任何个人的责任 |
[10:42] | So… | 那就 |
[10:43] | Read it, please, every word, | 请逐字阅读它 |
[10:47] | under a microscope. | 最好用显微镜读 |
[10:50] | And you’re welcome. | 你们不用谢我 |
[10:52] | Thanks. We’ll confer. | 谢谢 我们会讨论的 |
[10:55] | I was kind of hoping we could settle this today. | 我希望我们能今天把这事定下来 |
[10:57] | Oh, sorry to disappoint. Buh-bye. | 抱歉要让您失望了 再见 |
[11:04] | Fine. | 好 |
[11:05] | I’ll expect an answer by midnight tomorrow. | 明晚午夜前我要答复 |
[11:09] | Chief Johnson. | 强生副局长 |
[11:19] | Well, I can see why the city loves this offer. | 我能明白为什么市政府对这份协议感兴趣 |
[11:21] | I mean, 500 grand instead of $20 million, | 50万替代了原来的2000万 |
[11:24] | and no one is reassigned, right? | 还没有人被责令辞职 |
[11:26] | No one’s culpable? | 没人被问责 |
[11:28] | It still says I didn’t care what happened to Terrell Baylor. | 这上面还是说我置图雷利·贝勒的安危于不顾 |
[11:30] | That’s okay. Nobody cared about him until he died. | 没关系 他要不死没人关心他 |
[11:33] | Gavin, what do you think? | 加文 你认为呢 |
[11:35] | Well, the agreement appears reasonable, | 协议书看上去合理 |
[11:37] | but I’m not gonna pressure my client | 但我不会强迫我的委托人 |
[11:39] | into signing a potentially life-changing document | 在五分钟里签署一个 |
[11:41] | in the next five minutes. | 其实事关重大的协议 |
[11:43] | Well, then allow me. | 那就请允许我 |
[11:44] | Chief Johnson, let’s get this civil suit over with, | 强生副局 我们先不管这个民事案件 |
[11:46] | And I’ll take us all out for a celebratory drink. | 一起出去喝一杯庆祝下 |
[11:48] | The motion for summary judgment is set to be argued next week. | 大致的判决意向会再下周讨论 |
[11:52] | I can win it. I will win it. | 我能赢也会赢下这场官司 |
[11:53] | This agreement acknowledges as much. | 这份协议书恰恰表明了 |
[11:56] | Goldman is desperate. | 高德曼在做最后挣扎 |
[11:58] | Why would you want to celebrate paying $500,000 | 为本不需要赔偿的官司赔偿50万 |
[12:00] | for something you could get for free? | 你们却还要庆祝一下 |
[12:02] | What if you’re wrong | 如果你判断错了 |
[12:04] | and the Judge decides to try this case? | 并且法官决定重新审理呢 |
[12:06] | Have you thought about what might happen to your client then? | 你是否考虑过你的委托人利益呢 |
[12:08] | I don’t think about anything else | 我只在乎我委托人的利益 |
[12:10] | but what will happen to my client. | 除此之外别无他虑 |
[12:11] | Can you say the same? | 你能做到吗 |
[12:13] | No. Didn’t think so. | 不能 起码我看是这样 |
[12:15] | Yeah. Come in. | 请进 |
[12:16] | Excuse me, uh, chiefs, | 抱歉 二位局长 |
[12:18] | Uh, but the Michaels family is downstairs | 麦克斯的家人在楼下 |
[12:20] | crashing commander Taylor’s press conference. | 打断了泰勒警督的新闻发布会 |
[12:22] | What?! Oh! | 什么 |
[12:26] | Yeah, I just want to say, | 我只是想说 |
[12:27] | My first video came out last week, | 上礼拜我的第一支音乐电视发布了 |
[12:29] | and daddy was really proud of it. | 爸爸为我感到很自豪 |
[12:31] | He wouldn’t hurt himself. | 他不会去轻生的 |
[12:32] | It was an accident. | 一定是起意外 |
[12:33] | He did not jump off that cliff. | 他不是跳下悬崖的 |
[12:35] | As Missy’s manager, | 作为米西的经纪人 |
[12:37] | I want everyone to know that we will not stand by | 我要告诉大家 我们不会袖手旁观 |
[12:40] | and allow the police or anyone else | 任由警察或其他人 |
[12:42] | dishonor Bob’s memory | 通过暗示鲍勃是自杀 |
[12:43] | by implying that he killed himself. | 来亵渎大家对他的惋惜 |
[12:46] | Now, I want to thank the millions of people… | 现在 我要感谢数以万计的观众 |
[12:49] | Commander, bring those people up here right now. Please. | 警督 马上把那些人带上来 快 |
[12:51] | During this tumultuous time. | 在这个非常时刻 |
[12:54] | Uh, Mr. Durant, where’s the rest of your family? | 杜兰特先生 您的其他家人呢 |
[12:57] | My granddaughter’s manager, that Bruno, | 我外孙女的经纪人 那个布鲁诺 |
[12:59] | wouldn’t let them come. | 不让他们来 |
[13:01] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:01] | Said they were late for another interview. | 说是去赶另一个采访要迟到了 |
[13:03] | That idiot, Bob, spent every dime they ever had | 那个傻瓜鲍勃 花了所有钱 |
[13:06] | trying to become famous. | 想要出名 |
[13:07] | Well, now, finally he’s the star of his own tv show. | 现在他终于是电视明星了 |
[13:09] | Your son-in-law wanted to be famous, too? | 你女婿也想出名吗 |
[13:12] | I thought it was your granddaughter | 我还以为这只是你外孙女的 |
[13:13] | with the big dreams. | 伟大梦想 |
[13:14] | Bob had his eye on Hollywood since the day I met him. | 我认识鲍勃那天起他就一直盯着好莱坞 |
[13:18] | A few years after he married my daughter, | 他跟我女儿结婚几年后 |
[13:20] | I bought them a house, | 我给他们买了套房子 |
[13:21] | thinking it might help them put down roots, settle down. | 以为能让他们安下心来过日子 |
[13:24] | Instead, he quit his job, shaved his head, | 谁知道 他辞了工作 剃了光头 |
[13:26] | and did “The king and me” in the park. | 在公园里演 “国王与俺二三事” |
[13:28] | “The king and I.” | 国王与我 |
[13:29] | Yeah, and when he wasn’t discovered, | 对 当时他没被发掘 |
[13:31] | because hollywood doesn’t send talent scouts | 因为好莱坞没有派星探 |
[13:33] | out to Fort Wayne, | 去韦恩堡 |
[13:35] | He pushed Missy on the stage | 他把米西推上舞台 |
[13:36] | and started living through her, | 开始靠她赚钱 |
[13:38] | telling her she was gonna be a movie star. | 告诉她将来会成电影明星 |
[13:40] | Mr. Durant, do you have any idea | 杜兰特先生 您有没有先想过 |
[13:42] | why your son-in-law was at the top of that mountain | 为什么您的女婿 |
[13:44] | in the first place? | 要到山顶上去 |
[13:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:47] | Missy had a tryout that afternoon. | 米西那天下午有个试镜 |
[13:49] | It wasn’t like him | 这不太像他 |
[13:49] | to ever miss one of those things. | 他不会错过这些事情的 |
[13:51] | He never skipped a single audition. | 他从不错过任何试镜 |
[13:52] | I do know he called and asked | 我知道他打电话到韦恩堡 |
[13:54] | for his old job back in Fort Wayne. | 想要回原来的单位工作 |
[13:57] | Bob said nothing doing. | 鲍勃说没消息 |
[13:59] | I don’t know — maybe Bob woke up the other morning, | 我不知道 也许鲍勃头天早上醒来 |
[14:01] | realized he was out of gas and…jumped ship. | 发现自己没油了就 弃车了 |
[14:06] | Yeah, but he had only been dead for — | 对 但他死亡了才只有 |
[14:07] | Uh, commander, let’s not upset Mr. Durant with details like that. | 警督 我们别提及那伤害杜兰特先生些的细节了 |
[14:12] | I’m so sorry. | 真不好意思 |
[14:14] | Um, you were saying that… | 你是说… |
[14:16] | you thought that Bob killed himself? | 你觉得鲍勃是自杀 |
[14:17] | Well, he wasn’t exactly the responsible type, you know. | 他可不是什么有责任心的人 |
[14:20] | When they came out here, | 他们来这里时 |
[14:21] | he left Timmy behind with us in Fort Wayne. | 他把蒂米丢在韦恩堡 留给我们 |
[14:24] | The boy’s still in grade school. | 小孩才上小学 |
[14:25] | Did your daughter disagree with that decision? | 你女儿反对了吗 |
[14:27] | Oh, Beth never saw sense when it came to Bob, | 从他们一起演出开始 |
[14:29] | ever since they did a play together. | 贝丝就一直糊里糊涂的对鲍勃言听计从 |
[14:30] | Your daughter’s an actor, too? | 你女儿也是演员吗 |
[14:32] | No, no. They’re all, uh — | 不 不 他们都是 |
[14:33] | What do you call them? Amateurs — | 怎么说来着 业余爱好者 |
[14:35] | being taken advantage of by that Mexican. | 被那个墨西哥人利用 |
[14:38] | Actually, chief, Bruno’s as American as they come. | 局长 其实布鲁诺是个地地道道的美国人 |
[14:41] | He runs an online music video business, aimed at… | 他经营在线音乐视频网站 其市场定位是 |
[14:45] | Hollywood newcomers. | 开发好莱坞的新人 |
[14:47] | Yeah, well, whatever Bruno is, | 不管布鲁诺是哪国人 |
[14:49] | he had Beth and Bob thinking this whole video thing | 他巧舌如簧 让贝丝和鲍勃相信这个音乐视频 |
[14:51] | was gonna turn Missy into the next Debby Boone. | 能使米西成为下一个黛比·布恩[美国歌手] |
[14:55] | He’s behind all of this. You wait and see. | 他肯定是幕后黑手 你等着瞧吧 |
[14:57] | Talk to Bruno. | 和布鲁诺谈谈 |
[15:00] | He runs the show around here. | 他正好在这里举办演出呢 |
[15:03] | Just want to say how much the family appreciates | 我想说 这一家人真心感谢 |
[15:05] | everything you people have done in this terrible time. | 在这段艰难时期你们所做的一切努力 |
[15:08] | Can’t say that enough. | 不胜感激 |
[15:09] | Well, thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[15:11] | And I sure do love that song. | 我真的喜欢那首歌 |
[15:13] | Is it true you wrote it? What’s it called? | 真是你写的吗 叫什么名字来着 |
[15:15] | “Daddy, say yes.” Yeah. I wrote it. | 《爹地说可以》 是我写的 |
[15:17] | Thank you. I’m glad you liked it. | 谢谢 很高兴你喜欢这首歌 |
[15:19] | Sunk a lot of money into that video, too, | 那段视频可让我砸了不少钱 |
[15:21] | but Missy’s worth it. | 但是米西前途无量 |
[15:22] | I’m sure. | 肯定的 |
[15:24] | So, Mr. Perez, | 皮尔兹先生 |
[15:25] | – we’re investigating Mr. Michaels’ death, and — – I know. | -我们在调查麦克斯先生的死因 -我知道 |
[15:27] | And you have to start admitting it was an accident, | 你得承认那是个意外 |
[15:30] | instead of acting like he offed himself. | 不要以为他是自行了断 |
[15:33] | Is that what we’re doing? | 我们有那么以为吗 |
[15:34] | Well, you’re being very tight with the details. | 你们总是纠缠于细节问题 |
[15:37] | And in this new media environment — | 在这个新媒体时代 |
[15:38] | which is very difficult to explain to someone your age — | 像你这么老的人可能无法理解 |
[15:41] | Missy’s about to become a star. | 米西就要红了 |
[15:43] | So going around saying her dad jumped off a cliff | 如果你们四处宣扬她爸跳崖的原因是 |
[15:45] | because he gambled everything he had on her and thought he lost, | 他为了她赌上了一切 而他觉得输了 |
[15:48] | that’s not good. | 这可不是什么好事 |
[15:49] | I mean, I totally get it looks better | 如果对外宣布是自杀 |
[15:51] | for you guys to call it a suicide, | 会让你们更加体面 这我懂的 |
[15:53] | But why should Missy be punished | 但是你们花了五天时间才找到他 |
[15:55] | because it took you five days to find him? | 为什么要让米西来承担责任 |
[15:58] | It’s not her fault. | 这又不是她的错 |
[16:01] | Well, Mr. Perez, we’d love to…change our tune, | 皮尔兹先生 我们也想改变说法 |
[16:05] | but I can’t do that without talking to Missy and her mom. | 但是我必须先和米西和她妈妈谈谈 |
[16:08] | – So, if you can’t arrange — – Not today. | -如果你能安排 -今天不行 |
[16:10] | I booked them for an east coast morning show, | 我安排她们参加东海岸早间秀 |
[16:11] | which means the middle of the night here. | 也就是这边的半夜开拍 |
[16:13] | And Missy’s gonna have a hard time as it is, | 米西肯定会觉得很难受 |
[16:15] | trying to get some sleep, so I have to protect her. | 她得好好休息 所以我得保护她 |
[16:18] | Protect her by pushing her to do interviews | 在发现她父亲身亡的当天让她接受采访 |
[16:20] | the day her father was found dead? | 这算什么保护 |
[16:22] | Well, America watched what happened to Bob this week. | 这周美国人民都得知鲍勃的不幸消息了 |
[16:25] | The whole country’s in mourning. | 举国都在哀悼之中 |
[16:26] | And you know who shows up when people are in mourning? | 你知道人们哀悼的时候谁会露面吗 |
[16:29] | The police. | 警察 |
[16:30] | You know who else shows up? Lawyers. | 你知道还有谁吗 律师 |
[16:35] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[16:38] | You like interviews? So do I. | 你喜欢接受采访 我也是 |
[16:40] | And when I step outside and tell these reporters | 我会走出去然后告诉记者们 |
[16:42] | that you and Missy are refusing to cooperate with the police | 你和米西不愿协助警察 |
[16:45] | in this investigation, | 进行调查 |
[16:46] | They’re gonna jump to conclusions worse than suicide. | 他们得出的结论可比自杀严重得多 |
[16:52] | You feel me? | 听到了吗 |
[16:57] | So you only want to talk to the family. | 你只是想和那家人说话 |
[16:59] | Look, Bruno, | 听着 布鲁诺 |
[17:01] | government regulations require | 政府规定要求 |
[17:03] | that Missy and her mom sign a statement | 米西和她妈妈签署一份声明 |
[17:05] | saying that they believe that Mr. Michaels’ death | 以证实她们相信麦克斯先生的死亡 |
[17:08] | was an accident. | 是一场意外 |
[17:09] | Otherwise, it’s suicide. | 要不然 那就是自杀 |
[17:13] | Understand? | 懂了吗 |
[17:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:20] | For Missy’s next video, | 为了米西的下一段视频 |
[17:22] | if you can get me footage of Bob’s body | 如果你能帮我弄到鲍勃的尸体 |
[17:24] | being lifted out by helicopter, | 被直升飞机吊起来的镜头 |
[17:26] | I’ll have them here tomorrow morning. | 明天早上她们就会过来 |
[17:30] | Done. | 成交 |
[17:31] | Then we’re on the same page. | 我们是同一条船上的人了 |
[17:34] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[17:35] | Really great to meet you both. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[17:37] | – Did I give you my card? – You did. | -我发名片给你们了吗 -发过了 |
[17:38] | Awesome. Great. | 太棒了 |
[17:40] | Thank you for all you do. | 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[17:43] | Take care. Buh-bye. | 保重 拜拜 |
[17:46] | Buh-bye. | 拜拜 |
[17:47] | – Nice suit. – Thank you. | -西装不错 -谢谢 |
[17:51] | “Government regulations”? | 哪门子”政府规定” |
[17:53] | I’m sure they exist somewhere. | 我敢肯定有这么一条 |
[17:54] | Look, if Bob Michaels committed suicide, | 如果鲍勃·麦克斯真是自杀 |
[17:57] | why did he wander around for so long before taking the leap? | 为什么他在自杀之前还四处游荡几天呢 |
[17:59] | Look, right now we’re the only ones | 现在只有我们知道 |
[18:01] | who know how long Mr. Michaels was actually dead. | 麦克斯先生的死亡时间 |
[18:03] | So let them think we’re investigating a suicide | 先让他们以为我们把这个案子当做自杀调查吧 |
[18:05] | until we know better. | 直到我们掌握更多线索 |
[18:07] | Chief, I just spoke to Dr. Morales | 头儿 我刚刚和莫拉斯医生 |
[18:09] | about the stomach contents of our victim, | 谈了谈受害人胃部的残留物 |
[18:11] | And, uh — | 那个… |
[18:12] | Huh — Bruno does bat mitzvahs? | 布鲁诺还举办犹太女孩成人礼啊 |
[18:15] | Lieutenant. | 副队 |
[18:16] | Huh? Oh, right, yeah. | 啊 对了 |
[18:18] | Mr. Michaels, missing for five days, | 麦克斯先生在失踪五天后 |
[18:20] | had just eaten some kind of blue candy and a pizza. | 还吃了蓝色糖果和比萨 |
[18:24] | So, what, he got lost on mount pepperoni? | 天上还真能掉比萨饼吗 |
[18:28] | He wasn’t lost. | 他没迷路 |
[18:30] | He was never lost. | 他压根没迷路 |
[18:33] | Uh, look, detective, | 听着 警探 |
[18:35] | I want a full financial on the family, please. | 我要他们一家人的财务收支报告 辛苦了 |
[18:36] | And find out everything about Bruno and his slimy business. | 查清布鲁诺这个人和他所干的勾当 |
[18:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:41] | You know, Bruno writes “Daddy, say yes,” | 布鲁诺写了《爹地说可以》这首歌 |
[18:44] | Daddy fakes disappearing, song becomes a hit. | 爹地假装失踪 歌曲立马火了起来 |
[18:47] | You got to admit — it’s pretty brilliant. | 你得承认 这点子很妙 |
[18:50] | Except I seriously doubt that daddy said yes to dying. | 我相当怀疑爹地说去死也可以 |
[18:58] | Missy Michaels’ single “Daddy, say yes” | 米西·麦克斯的单曲《爹地说可以》 |
[19:00] | has broken into the top-10 music downloads | 打入了单曲下载排行榜前十名 |
[19:02] | following her father’s tragic accident, | 就在她父亲不幸发生意外之后 |
[19:04] | a bit of comfort for the folks gathering here | 这对于聚集在韦恩堡社区剧院的人们来说 |
[19:07] | in the Fort Wayne theater community. | 是一丝慰藉 |
[19:11] | It’s only a bit of comfort | 如果你相信某人朝鲍勃·麦克斯喷胡椒喷雾 |
[19:12] | if you believe that Bob Michaels found a fresh pizza | 然后把他推下悬崖的前一个小时 |
[19:14] | on a mountain trail one hour before he was pepper-sprayed | 他在山路上发现了一块新鲜的匹萨 |
[19:16] | and shoved off the side of a cliff by the invisible man. | 这才叫一丝慰藉 |
[19:19] | It’s so frustrating you couldn’t find the footprints. | 你找不到脚印真是烦人 |
[19:22] | There are too many feet on the trail to tell who’s who. | 路上太多杂乱的脚印了 分辨不出是谁的 |
[19:25] | And obviously, somebody neatened up | 显然 有人清理了 |
[19:26] | near the edge of the cliff. | 悬崖边缘那一块的脚印 |
[19:27] | It’s not my fault. | 这又不是我的错 |
[19:28] | Oh! If I hear that song again, | 天啊 如果我再听到那首歌 |
[19:30] | I’m gonna jump off a cliff. | 我就要跳崖自杀了 |
[19:32] | Got to admit, it’s kind of catchy. | 你得承认这首歌挺朗朗上口的 |
[19:33] | So’s the flu. | 就跟流感一样到处传染 |
[19:36] | You should see the contract that Bruno uses | 你该看看布鲁诺用来糊弄 |
[19:39] | to fool these parents. | 那些家长的合同 |
[19:40] | They pay $4,000 for a song and a music video, | 他们为一首歌和一段视频付4000美元 |
[19:43] | but then he gets 80% of the proceeds. | 但赚到钱他分百分之八十 |
[19:45] | It’s a total scam. | 完全是个骗局 |
[19:47] | Sounds kind of like this blameless settlement offer. | 听起来像这份的看似无瑕的和解条款 |
[19:50] | You really want to sign this? | 你真的要签这协议吗 |
[19:51] | I’ve read it over and over, | 我反反复复读过了 |
[19:53] | and I can’t find anything that locks me | 找不到一个字能说明 |
[19:55] | or the L.A.P.D. into liability for Turrell’s death. | 我或洛城警局该对图雷利的死负责 |
[19:58] | Yeah, well, how about | 好吧 听听这个 |
[19:59] | “by releasing him in hostile surroundings, | “副局长强生将他遗弃在危机四伏的环境里 |
[20:01] | deputy chief Johnson demonstrated | 这表明了副局长 |
[20:03] | a lack of professional concern… | 缺乏职业性的 |
[20:06] | …for the safety of the plaintiff’s son”? | 对原告儿子人身安全的考虑” |
[20:08] | Well… | 那个… |
[20:10] | it doesn’t say I arranged his murder, | 至少没说他的谋杀案是我一手安排的 |
[20:11] | which is what it used to say. | 之前他们就是这样说的 |
[20:13] | Besides, Gavin said it was a reasonable offer. | 还有 盖文说这是个合理的协议 |
[20:17] | You told me Gavin said it appears | 你之前说的是 盖文说这貌似 |
[20:19] | to be a reasonable offer — appears. | 是个合理的提议 貌似 |
[20:21] | Sometimes things are as they appear to be. | 有时事情是表里如一的 |
[20:23] | Life doesn’t always have to be so complicated. | 生活并非总是那么复杂 |
[20:29] | I’m sorry. My name’s Fritz howard. | 不好意思 我是福瑞茨·霍华德 |
[20:31] | Who are you? | 你是哪位 |
[20:34] | The person who can end this civil suit for everybody. | 我是能终结这起民事诉讼的那个人 |
[20:38] | Why don’t we wait to see what Gavin has to say? | 我们还是等等 看看盖文怎么说吧 |
[20:40] | I know what Gavin has to say. | 我知道他会怎么说 |
[20:42] | He’s certain he can win the motion for summary judgment, | 他对取得简易判决的胜利很有信心 |
[20:44] | but it’s not his life on the line, it’s mine. | 但命悬一线的不是他 而是我 |
[20:47] | And I want things to go back to normal. | 而我希望一切恢复正常 |
[20:51] | Right now. | 立刻 |
[20:53] | Are you sure you can live with this? | 你真能承受这个吗 |
[20:56] | I think I have to. | 我别无选择 |
[21:07] | I’m getting ready for bed. | 我去铺床 |
[21:36] | Straight to Chief Pope, please? | 请直接拿给保罗局长 |
[21:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:39] | Hey, chief. I’m almost finished. | 头儿 我差不多弄完了 |
[21:40] | What do you think? | 你看怎么样 |
[21:43] | “Certificate of accidental death.” | “意外死亡证明” |
[21:46] | You’re right! That font is really nice. | 你是对的 这种字体的确漂亮 |
[21:48] | I also added a line | 我还加了一行 |
[21:49] | So Bruno could sign on as a third-party witness. | 这样布鲁诺就可以作为第三方证人签名了 |
[21:52] | Oh, good. That’ll make him feel like he’s still in charge. | 很好 他会感觉自己仍然掌控全局 |
[21:55] | I have everyone’s financial records. | 我拿到每个人的财务记录了 |
[21:57] | Still don’t know where Mr. Michaels was hiding | 但仍不知道麦克斯先生这五天 |
[21:59] | for five days if he wasn’t in the park, | 如果不在公园的话 还能藏到哪里 |
[22:01] | but…I found the pepper spray. | 不过 我找到胡椒喷雾了 |
[22:04] | You did? | 真的吗 |
[22:05] | Bruno ordered it off the internet | 布鲁诺在网上订购的 |
[22:07] | two days after the Michaels came to Hollywood. | 就在麦克斯到好莱坞之后的两天 |
[22:09] | Yeah, probably bought it for himself. | 他可能是给自己买的 |
[22:10] | What makes you say that? | 你有什么证据吗 |
[22:11] | Bruno’s had five complaints filed against him. | 有五项针对布鲁诺的投诉 |
[22:13] | Uh, mad dads. | 愤怒老爸团 |
[22:15] | They don’t seem to like the way | 看来他们不喜欢 |
[22:16] | that Bruno behaved with their daughters. | 布鲁诺跟他们女儿交往时的言行 |
[22:18] | Any arrests? | 他有被逮捕过吗 |
[22:19] | No. Girls wouldn’t say anything against him. | 没有 姑娘们没说过他的坏话 |
[22:21] | Of course not. | 她们当然不会说的 |
[22:22] | He was gonna make them all famous. | 他能让她们出名 |
[22:24] | When’s the family getting here? | 他们家人什么时候到 |
[22:26] | Taylor’s on his way up with them right now…and Bruno. | 泰勒正带着他们过来 还有布鲁诺 |
[22:29] | Okay. Thank you. Uh, Buzz, | 好的 谢谢 巴兹 |
[22:30] | Would you please lower the screen over the murder board? | 把白板的屏幕放低一点 |
[22:32] | And where’s that accidental-death form? | 那个意外死亡表格呢 |
[22:38] | And if I can get your autograph right…here. | 麻烦你在这里 签个名 |
[22:42] | You better watch out, young lady. | 你最好小心点 小姑娘 |
[22:44] | You’re getting so famous, | 你就要成名了 |
[22:45] | I might be tempted to sell that on EBAY. | 我说不定会把它在易趣上卖掉 |
[22:51] | Very good. | 非常好 |
[22:52] | – Now, one last page. – Hold on. | -现在 还有一张表 -等一下 |
[22:55] | This is, uh — what do you call it? — | 你管它叫什么来着 |
[22:57] | the thing they say on television? | 他们电视上怎么说的 |
[22:58] | It’s the Miranda Requirement. | 这是”米兰达法则” |
[23:00] | It states that you have been advised of your rights. | 上面说你已获知了自己的权利 |
[23:03] | Yeah. I can read. What’s it for? | 我知道 我认识字 但这是干吗用的 |
[23:05] | Oh, the state won’t verify the accidental-death report | 政府不会去核实意外死亡报告 |
[23:08] | without a waiver of rights, Mr. Perez, | 除非你自动放弃权利 皮尔兹先生 |
[23:10] | which means we won’t be able to release Mr. Michaels’ body. | 就是说我们不能归还麦克斯先生的尸体 |
[23:14] | It’s fine. We’re signing it. | 没问题 我们会签字的 |
[23:16] | He’s right. I want to get Bob home as soon as possible. | 他说得对 我想尽快把鲍勃带回家 |
[23:21] | Oh. Here y’all are. | 你们都在这里 |
[23:23] | Oh, Commander Taylor, | 泰勒长官 |
[23:23] | why didn’t you take them to my conference room? | 你为什么不把他们带到我的会议室呢 |
[23:25] | It’s so much bigger. | 那里更宽敞 |
[23:26] | Oh, I didn’t want to bother you | 我不想烦你 |
[23:27] | with all the paperwork and… | 有很多文件要签 |
[23:29] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[23:30] | I want to thank you so much | 我要谢谢你们 |
[23:32] | for coming in and taking care of this. | 来这里来处理这些事 |
[23:34] | And, again, I want to apologize for how things turned out. | 还有 我要为这件事的结果再次表示抱歉 |
[23:37] | It’s nobody’s fault. | 这不是任何人的错 |
[23:39] | At least that’s what people keep telling me. | 至少大家是这么对我说的 |
[23:42] | The only thing left is the pathology timeline. | 还剩下最后一件事 就是病理学时间线 |
[23:45] | The what? | 什么玩意 |
[23:47] | Is that something about all the things | 那是我父亲去世的时候 |
[23:48] | that happened leading up to when daddy died? | 发生的一切相关的事吗 |
[23:51] | Oh. Somebody’s been watching “C.S.I.” | 你看过《犯罪现场调查》啊 |
[23:53] | Exactly right, Missy. | 完全正确 米西 |
[23:55] | We need to check what we found scientifically | 我们得科学地核对 |
[23:57] | against what you remember of the days | 你们这几天记得的一切 |
[23:59] | leading up to your father’s disappearance. | 跟你父亲的失踪相关的事 |
[24:02] | You know what, Missy? | 这样吧 米西 |
[24:03] | Why don’t you, your mother, and your grandfather | 你 你母亲 还有你爷爷 |
[24:05] | follow Commander Taylor here. | 可以跟着泰勒长官走 |
[24:08] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. What about me? | 等下 等等 我怎么办 |
[24:09] | Oh, Mr. Perez, I’m so sorry, | 哦 皮尔兹先生 真对不起 |
[24:11] | but the pathology timeline is strictly for immediate family. | 病理学时间线只针对直系亲属 |
[24:15] | I know that the Michaels think of you that way, | 我知道麦克斯先生是把你当亲人 |
[24:17] | but the law does not. | 但法律不会 |
[24:21] | Hey. You’re handling this like a pro. | 你要像个大人那样处理这件事 |
[24:24] | Poppy and Mom want to go back to Fort Wayne tonight. | 波比和妈妈想今晚就回韦恩堡 |
[24:26] | It’s a short trip. | 旅途不长 |
[24:28] | We’ll work around it. Okay? | 我们能做好的 听懂了没 |
[24:34] | Missy is so lucky to have you looking out for her. | 米西有你照顾真是太幸运了 |
[24:37] | Oh, stop. I just… | 别这么说 我只不过 |
[24:39] | I just provide the opportunity to start turns up to the girl. | 我只不过提供一个机会来让那女孩出镜 |
[24:42] | You can’t teach charisma, | 个人魅力是教不来的 |
[24:43] | But, you know, moms and dads can be pushy. | 不过 父母通常都比较急 |
[24:45] | Like Bob? | 鲍勃也是吗 |
[24:46] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[24:47] | The big singing expert from Indiana. | 印第安纳州来的歌坛大专家 |
[24:49] | On top of taking Missy to every audition I got for her, | 我每次给米西试镜 他都跟着掺和 |
[24:52] | making her so nervous, | 搞得她很紧张 |
[24:54] | Guy was an absolute zero on camera. | 这家伙完全是个镜头白痴 |
[24:56] | And that didn’t stop him from wanting to be in Missy’s video. | 他还硬要参演米西的MV |
[24:59] | Whatever. | 管他呢 |
[25:00] | I made it work with him. | 反正我给他搞定了 |
[25:01] | Like you did with all the other fathers, you mean? | 跟其他女孩的父亲一样吗 |
[25:03] | What other fathers? | 其他女孩的父亲 |
[25:04] | Well, the ones who called the L.A.P.D. | 很多父亲打电话给洛城警局 |
[25:06] | to complain about how you handled their teenage girls. | 投诉你玩弄他们未成年的女儿 |
[25:10] | How I handled them? | 我玩弄她们 |
[25:12] | The parents are the ones who want their little girls | 那些父母希望自己的女儿看起来 |
[25:14] | to look like Hoochie Mamas. | 像是个廉价的脱衣舞娘 |
[25:15] | I’m the one telling them to keep their clothes on. | 我才是让她们穿上衣服的人 |
[25:18] | I’m protecting those girls. | 我在保护那些女孩 |
[25:20] | Is that why you bought the pepper spray? | 所以你才买了胡椒喷雾吗 |
[25:22] | That… that’s so hilarious. | 简直太好笑了 |
[25:25] | So hilarious that you guys know I bought pepper spray, | 你们知道我买了胡椒喷雾真是好笑 |
[25:28] | ’cause you’re the police, right? | 因为你们是警察对吧 |
[25:29] | But you don’t know the first day Missy was in L.A., | 但你们竟然不知道米西第一天来到洛杉矶 |
[25:32] | she got mugged. | 她就遭抢劫了 |
[25:33] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[25:34] | Beth and Bob drive | 贝丝和鲍勃开车 |
[25:35] | straight to Venice Beach, and when they get there, | 前往威尼斯海滩 他们到那里的时候 |
[25:37] | while Missy is walking on the boardwalk, | 米西正在栈道上走 |
[25:39] | Some skater yanks her purse. | 几个溜冰的家伙掳走了她的钱包 |
[25:40] | So I buy her a new bag, put pepper spray in it | 所以我给她买了个新包 里面装了喷雾 |
[25:43] | to keep her parents from running back to Indiana. | 这样才让她父母断了回印第安纳的念头 |
[25:46] | It’s called producing, | 这就叫做造星 |
[25:48] | which is my job. | 这就是我的工作 |
[25:50] | Now I’ll leave you to do yours. | 现在该你们做你们的工作了 |
[25:51] | Oh. That is the best idea you’ve had all day. | 你这个主意非常好 |
[25:54] | Lieutenant, Detective Sanchez. | 副队长 桑切斯警探 |
[25:56] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你这是要干嘛 |
[25:57] | You’re under arrest for the murder of Bob Michaels. | 你因涉嫌谋杀鲍勃·麦克斯而被捕 |
[26:00] | Murder?! | 谋杀 |
[26:02] | He wasn’t murdered. He fell. | 他不是谋杀的 他摔下去了而已 |
[26:03] | Look it up in the dictionary, lady. | 搞清楚这个词什么意思 女人 |
[26:05] | He fell! | 他摔下去了 |
[26:07] | It was hard sometimes, | 有时候很痛苦 |
[26:09] | Daddy telling me one thing and then bruno saying another | 我爸跟我说这么做 布鲁诺说那么做 |
[26:12] | and my mom saying something else. | 我妈还有别的意见 |
[26:15] | I’m so sorry, detective, | 对不起 警探 |
[26:16] | but I need to look inside Missy’s purse. | 不过我得看看米西的钱包里有什么 |
[26:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:24] | Let’s see here. | 我们看看 |
[26:27] | Wait a minute! What are you looking for? | 等等 你在找什么 |
[26:29] | I’m looking for the pepper spray that bruno bought for you. | 我在找布鲁诺给你买的胡椒喷雾 |
[26:34] | I’m not finding it. | 我没找到 |
[26:36] | Maybe I lost it. | 可能是弄丢了 |
[26:38] | Well, under the circumstances, Missy… | 在某些情况下 米西 |
[26:40] | that is not a good answer. | 这么回答可不太明智 |
[26:47] | The arrest of Bruno Perez, | 布鲁诺·皮尔兹 |
[26:49] | manager of internet sensation of Missy Michaels, | 即网络红人米西·麦克斯的经纪人被捕 |
[26:52] | makes her father’s death seem even stranger. | 使得她父亲的死变得更加扑朔迷离 |
[26:55] | Was his fall off a cliff | 他掉下悬崖这件事 |
[26:57] | a publicity stunt gone terribly wrong? | 究竟是不是恶意炒作 |
[26:59] | – Yes? – Yeah. | -你叫我吗 -是的 |
[27:01] | How come this, uh, Bruno character | 媒体怎么会知道 |
[27:02] | announced his arrest to the press? | 这个叫布鲁诺的家伙被捕了 |
[27:04] | We give people their phone calls. | 这里允许嫌疑人打电话 |
[27:05] | Who they call is up to them. | 他们爱打给谁打给谁 |
[27:07] | Maybe he thought that if he acted rashly, | 也许他觉得如果来硬的 |
[27:10] | his problems would magically disappear. | 他的问题就会奇迹般消失 |
[27:12] | Like someone who signs a settlement to a lawsuit | 就像某个不跟自己的律师协商 |
[27:15] | without talking to her attorney. | 就签署和解协议 |
[27:17] | How did you find out about that? | 你怎么会知道的 |
[27:19] | Well, I have to forward all signed settlement agreements | 我得按照标准程序转呈所有 |
[27:21] | to professional standards. | 已签的和解协议 |
[27:23] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[27:24] | Chief, it is my job | 局长 我的工作是 |
[27:25] | to review all legal agreements | 复审有关警官职业行为的 |
[27:27] | concerning officer conduct, | 所有法律协议 |
[27:29] | And I refuse to certify this document. | 我拒绝签署这份文件 |
[27:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[27:33] | Because we need to determine | 因为我们需要确定 |
[27:34] | if the term “professionally indifferent” | “职业性冷漠”这个术语 |
[27:37] | has broader legal implications. | 是否隐含其他法律上的异议 |
[27:38] | Honestly. | 真的 |
[27:39] | You think I’d be congratulated | 你觉得我是自愿 |
[27:40] | for agreeing to fall on my sword. | 把自己送上断头台吗 |
[27:42] | Right? | 对吧 |
[27:43] | And with negligent homicide off the table, | 总之 只要不涉及过失杀人 |
[27:44] | it’s really more like a penknife, anyway. | 最多也就是放一点血 |
[27:51] | I want to sign it. | 我想签文件 |
[27:53] | Maybe tonight. We’ll see. | 或许今晚 我们再看 |
[27:55] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[27:58] | I tried. | 我试过了 |
[28:04] | You and I both know this deal isn’t getting any better. | 我们都心知肚明 这交易没让事情明朗 |
[28:07] | There’s something here we’re missing. | 有些事情我们没有注意到 |
[28:09] | I don’t trust Goldman. | 我不信任高德曼 |
[28:11] | And when it comes to this agreement, | 涉及到这份文件时 |
[28:13] | I don’t trust you, either. | 我也不相信你 |
[28:21] | Now, did Bruno ever instruct you | 布鲁诺有教过你 |
[28:22] | on how to use the pepper spray? | 怎么使用辣椒防狼喷雾剂吗 |
[28:23] | No. He just told me to keep it in my purse. | 没有 他只是让我放在包里 |
[28:27] | Okay. I want you to try to think | 好的 你回想一下 |
[28:28] | of all the times you didn’t have your purse with you | 在洛杉矶时 有哪些时候 |
[28:31] | since you’ve been here in Los Angeles. | 你没有把包带在身边 |
[28:33] | Why? | 为什么 |
[28:34] | Because, Missy, | 米西 因为 |
[28:35] | that pepper spray Bruno bought you | 布鲁诺买给你的辣椒防狼喷雾 |
[28:37] | ended up all over your father’s face. | 最后喷在了你父亲的脸上 |
[28:44] | Oh, my gosh. | 天呐 |
[28:47] | Bruno had… | 我们制作录像时 |
[28:50] | had my purse locked in his office | 布鲁诺把我的包 |
[28:51] | the whole time that we worked on the video. | 锁在他的办公室里 |
[28:53] | Okay. Now, when you got it back, | 好的 你把包拿回来时 |
[28:55] | did you notice if anything was missing? | 有没有发现丢失了什么东西 |
[28:56] | No, I mean… | 没有 |
[28:58] | I was having too much fun singing. | 我唱歌时太投入了 |
[29:02] | What about your daddy? Was he having fun? | 你父亲呢 他感觉怎么样 |
[29:05] | Yeah. He loved it. | 他很喜欢 |
[29:08] | But afterwards… | 但是后来 |
[29:10] | I don’t know — something changed. | 说不清 有些变了 |
[29:13] | Changed? In what way? | 变了 怎么变了呢 |
[29:15] | Like, out of the blue, | 比如说 无缘无故的 |
[29:16] | he just skipped my last audition to go on that hike. | 他没陪我去试音 而去徒步旅行 |
[29:21] | And he never skipped my auditions. | 我每次去试唱他都不会错过 |
[29:24] | Never. | 从来不会 |
[29:26] | Wait. Wait. | 等下 |
[29:28] | If your father took the minivan to go on his hike, | 你父亲开走了小客车的话 |
[29:30] | how did you get to your audition? | 你是怎么去参加试唱的 |
[29:31] | Well, my mom took me in the rental car, | 我妈妈租车带我去 |
[29:34] | and then Bruno picked me up and brought me home. | 后来布鲁诺来接我回家 |
[29:39] | You had two vehicles that day? | 你那天分别坐了两辆车吗 |
[29:45] | The Michaels reserved their rental car | 鲍勃徒步旅行前一个星期 |
[29:47] | one week before Bob went on his hike. | 麦克斯租了一辆车 |
[29:49] | And we asked the family’s credit-card companies | 我们要求信用卡公司 |
[29:51] | to alert us of any unusual activities. | 把不寻常的用卡行为告知我们 |
[29:54] | Guess what we found on one of the days | 在他所谓的远足失踪的那几天 |
[29:55] | he’s supposed to be lost in the mountains. | 你猜我们在信用卡记录上发现了什么 |
[29:57] | How about a hotel charge of $8.83 | 在一家旅馆里消费八点八三美元 |
[30:01] | for a box of blue gummy bears? | 买了一盒蓝色小熊软糖 |
[30:03] | Good lord. | 天呐 |
[30:04] | $8 for gummy bears? | 小熊软糖要8美元 |
[30:06] | See, they must have paid for the room in cash, | 他们可能是用现金付房费 |
[30:08] | which is why we didn’t catch it earlier, | 所以我们没发现什么异常 |
[30:09] | but they had to leave a credit card for incidentals. | 但是他们用信用卡付额外零用费 |
[30:11] | Minibars get you every time. | 酒店房间零食柜的诱惑 谁人能敌 |
[30:13] | Wife follows husband up the mountain in a rental, | 妻子开着租来的车跟着丈夫上山 |
[30:17] | they abandon their minivan, | 他们抛下小客车 |
[30:18] | she drives him back to the hotel in the rental car | 丈夫坐妻子的车回到旅馆 |
[30:20] | for a five-day media blowout. | 为了让媒体炒作五天 |
[30:22] | Starring Bob, Beth, and Missy. | 由鲍勃 贝丝 米西一手策划 |
[30:25] | Okay. Where’s that rental car? Is it here? | 好 租来的车在哪 在这吗 |
[30:27] | We should check it for pepper spray. | 去车里找下辣椒防狼喷雾 |
[30:28] | – I’ll check it, chief. – Thank you. | -我去找 头儿 -谢谢 |
[30:30] | I hear someone has decided | 我听说 |
[30:31] | they can act as their own lawyer. | 有人决定要自己当律师 |
[30:35] | No. I’m just about to interview a suspect, | 不 我正要去询问一个嫌疑犯 |
[30:36] | and we don’t have an appointment today. | 而且我今天没有预约你 |
[30:39] | Uh, detective Gabriel, would you come with me, please, | 加布里埃尔警探 你跟我来 |
[30:41] | and bring that credit-card information? | 带上那些信用卡记录 |
[30:42] | Buzz, I want you, your camera, and your best tripod. | 还有巴斯 你的摄像机和最好的三脚架 |
[30:46] | Oh, wait, wait, wait. | 等等 |
[30:47] | You’re still working on that case? | 你还在调查那个案子吗 |
[30:49] | Daddy, say yes? | 爹地说可以 |
[30:54] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[30:54] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[30:56] | Is that not the worst video ever? | 不觉得那个音乐视频很糟吗 |
[30:59] | I’ve watched it 50 times. | 我看了50遍 |
[31:00] | Chief, do your work. | 局长 你忙你的 |
[31:02] | We’ll wait for you in your conference room. | 我们在会议室等你 |
[31:05] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 |
[31:06] | If I’m off the clock, | 要不是我正在工作的话 |
[31:07] | I would really like to see these people. | 我真想见见这些人 |
[31:09] | Can I watch your interview? | 你询问他们时 我可以观看吗 |
[31:10] | As long as you’re not charging me. | 这段时间你不收费就行 |
[31:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[31:15] | Okay. | 好 |
[31:16] | Chief? | 头儿 |
[31:17] | Where should I set this up? | 我把它放哪 |
[31:21] | I don’t recognize these charges. | 这些支出情况 我毫不知情 |
[31:23] | We never paid for a hotel anywhere. | 我们从没在旅馆消费 |
[31:26] | Somebody must have stolen our credit-card number. | 可能我们的卡号被盗了 |
[31:28] | Well, I’m sure the DNA tests from the hotel room | 旅馆房间的DNA测试 |
[31:30] | will tell us if either of you were ever there. | 可以测出是谁住在那 |
[31:37] | I mean, Bob could have been there. | 鲍勃可能住过 |
[31:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:41] | Good god in heaven, Beth. | 贝丝 天呐 |
[31:44] | Okay, Miss Michaels. | 好吧 麦克斯小姐 |
[31:45] | Let’s talk about something you do know, | 我们谈谈你知道的事吧 |
[31:48] | like why you rented a car | 在你女儿试唱前一周 |
[31:49] | a week before your daughter’s audition | 你都没钱了 |
[31:51] | when you were running out of money. | 为什么还租了一辆车呢 |
[31:56] | Okay. Okay. I can explain that. | 好吧 我可以解释 |
[31:58] | I mean, um… | 我是说 |
[32:00] | Bob decided that he had to go back | 鲍勃决定回韦恩堡市 |
[32:02] | to his old job in Fort Wayne. | 重抄旧业 |
[32:04] | No, Beth. | 不 贝丝 |
[32:05] | That is why he went on that hike, | 这就是他远足的原因 |
[32:07] | to think about how he could break the news to Missy. | 考虑该怎么把这件事告诉米西 |
[32:11] | The rental car was for us after he left. | 租车是为了他离开后 我们自己用 |
[32:15] | Mr. Durant, | 杜兰特先生 |
[32:16] | you told me that your daughter | 你告诉我 |
[32:18] | was an amateur performer, | 你女儿是个业余演员 |
[32:19] | but she seems like a professional to me. | 在我看来 她是个专业演员 |
[32:22] | When she just said that Bob was going back to his old job, | 她说鲍勃要回去重抄旧业时 |
[32:26] | that was so believable. | 说得那么可信 |
[32:29] | What? | 什么 |
[32:30] | Because Bob had no job to go back to. | 鲍勃之前根本没有工作 |
[32:33] | Isn’t that right, Mr. Durant? | 不是吗 杜兰特先生 |
[32:36] | Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[32:40] | And Missy told us that you dropped her at her audition | 米西告诉我们 你把她送去试唱后 |
[32:43] | but that Bruno took her home. | 是布鲁诺接她回家的 |
[32:47] | Whatever this mess is, | 无论情况是怎么样的 |
[32:49] | keep Missy out of it. | 不要把米西扯进来 |
[32:50] | Well, I can understand why you’d want to do that, sir, | 我知道你为什么要这么做 |
[32:52] | because your son-in-law’s disappearance | 因为你可以对他的失踪 |
[32:54] | was a giant publicity stunt. | 进行大肆炒作 |
[32:56] | Oh, no, no, no. There was no hoax. | 不 这不是骗局 |
[32:58] | Actually, there was. | 事实上 这就是 |
[32:59] | And it looks to me like Missy was involved. | 在我看来 米西也有参与 |
[33:01] | If she wasn’t, | 如果她没有的话 |
[33:02] | you need to clear that up once and for all. | 你需要彻底地把这个解释清楚 |
[33:08] | How? | 怎么才能做到 |
[33:10] | How would I do that? | 我该怎么做 |
[33:13] | Mrs. Michaels, | 麦克斯太太 |
[33:18] | How do you do? | 你好 |
[33:20] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[33:21] | Buzz is our liaison to all the major studios | 巴斯是我们与好莱坞 |
[33:24] | and television stations here in Hollywood. | 各大主流媒体及电视台的联络人 |
[33:26] | And make sure that millions of people | 他可以让上千上万的人知道 |
[33:28] | get to see you take full responsibility | 你是这起炒作事件的 |
[33:30] | for the publicity stunt, | 始作俑者 |
[33:32] | and more importantly, get Missy off the hook. | 最重要的是 不连累到米西 |
[33:34] | If you give us permission, | 如果你允许的话 |
[33:36] | I could even post your statement | 我可以把你的声明 |
[33:37] | on the L.A.P.D.’s website | 挂在洛杉矶警局的网页上 |
[33:38] | and add a link that lets people click straight through | 再加上链接连接到 |
[33:41] | to your daughter’s video. | 你女儿的视频 |
[33:43] | All you need to do is sign this release form, | 你只需按照巴斯的要求 |
[33:45] | something that Buzz requires. | 签署这份授权声明 |
[33:47] | And if you’re okay with all that, | 如果你同意的话 |
[33:48] | the news will run your story for weeks. | 你的新闻会在电视台播出一周 |
[33:52] | You can generate that kind of press? | 你可以有这么大的影响力 |
[33:54] | Why do you think they call me “Buzz”? | 要不然 哥怎么会成为传说 |
[34:00] | Are we lit? | 可以开始了吗 |
[34:03] | We’re ready…broadcast-quality. | 准备好了 现场直播级别的 |
[34:08] | Great. | 太好了 |
[34:12] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道说什么好 |
[34:13] | Just tell your story truthfully. | 你只要说出事实真相 |
[34:15] | We’ll be asking you questions off camera. | 我们会在镜头外问你问题 |
[34:16] | I just want this to be as much | 希望你能够尽量 |
[34:18] | about you as possible. | 本色出镜 |
[34:21] | Okay, everybody, we’re rolling. | 好的 大家准备开拍 |
[34:23] | And…action. | 预备 开始 |
[34:29] | First, I want to apologize to everyone | 首先 我想向努力寻找鲍勃的 |
[34:33] | who worked so hard to find Bob. | 每个人说声抱歉 |
[34:35] | We were just parents | 我们望女成凤 |
[34:36] | trying to create a break for our daughter. | 这只是为给女儿创造一个噱头 |
[34:38] | We knew if people could hear her sing just once, | 我们知道如果人们能听到她唱一次 |
[34:41] | she’d be on her way. | 她就能瞬间成名了 |
[34:43] | And so we came up with a plan to get everyone’s attention. | 所以我们想出了一个吸引眼球的计划 |
[34:48] | Without Missy’s knowledge, | 在米西不知道的情况下 |
[34:50] | Bob would pretend to be lost in the Santa Monica mountains | 我们让鲍勃假装在圣莫妮卡的山里失踪 |
[34:53] | while he was actually hiding out in a hotel. | 其实他是躲在一家酒店里 |
[34:57] | When it was time for him to be rescued, | 当他差不多应该被找到的时候 |
[34:58] | I’d pick him up and drop him off at the entrance to the park. | 我会开车送他去公园的门口 |
[35:02] | This was a terrible trick to play on all of you. | 这样愚弄大家 真是太不应该了 |
[35:07] | So, let’s talk about how you intended Bob to be found. | 说说你们如何故意让鲍勃被找到的 |
[35:13] | Okay, wait. Wait. One second. | 好的 等等 等一下 |
[35:15] | Uh, y-you can cut around this, right? | 这段可以掐了不播 对吧 |
[35:17] | We can. | 可以 |
[35:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:23] | Um, when the moment came, I followed our plan. | 时机成熟后 我依计行事 |
[35:27] | I went to pick him up in Burbank, | 我去伯班克接他 |
[35:29] | where he’d been all week, | 他已经在那待了一周 |
[35:30] | but Bob panicked. | 但是鲍勃慌了 |
[35:32] | He…showered to look “Better on camera,” | 他洗了澡 为了在镜头前更好看些 |
[35:36] | which was completely out of character for someone | 他那个样子完全不像 |
[35:39] | who was supposed to have been wandering around lost for so long. | 一个已经失踪了很久的人 |
[35:43] | And then, when I finally got him up the mountain, | 然后 我费很大力气把他带到山上 |
[35:45] | The real problem came out. | 真正的问题出现了 |
[35:48] | Bob was terrified people wouldn’t believe our story. | 鲍勃害怕人们可能不相信我们的话 |
[35:52] | Okay, um, wait a minute, Mrs. Michaels, | 打断一下 麦克斯夫人 |
[35:54] | ’cause we need you to be completely truthful, | 你说的话必须是完全真实的 |
[35:56] | and we didn’t find any evidence | 因为我们在山上没有找到 |
[35:59] | of Bob being up on that mountain with anyone. | 鲍勃和其他人在一起的证据 |
[36:11] | I sort of covered up my footprints | 我在从山上回来的路上 |
[36:13] | on the way back down the hill because… | 我把脚印都抹掉了… |
[36:15] | It needed to look like | 需要看起来 |
[36:16] | Bob had been up there alone. | 像鲍勃独自一人 |
[36:18] | But the truth is, he refused, | 但他却拒绝了 |
[36:21] | outright refused to walk up that trail by himself. | 完全拒绝独自沿小径走 |
[36:25] | And watching all the news coverage | 他说看过新闻报道 |
[36:26] | about what could go wrong in the mountains at night | 夜里在山里行走会出现各种意外 |
[36:28] | scared the hell out of him. | 把他吓个半死 |
[36:31] | And then he went wild… | 然后他就发了疯似地 |
[36:34] | blaming me. | 责怪我 |
[36:37] | And then he pushed me. | 然后他还推我 |
[36:41] | In self-defense, I pushed him back, | 作为自卫 我也推了他 |
[36:45] | and he fell off the trail, | 他掉下了山崖 |
[36:48] | plummeting to his death. | 活活摔死了 |
[36:55] | Beautiful. And cut. | 太好了 停 |
[36:59] | Mrs. Michaels, that was great. | 麦克斯夫人 你演得太好了 |
[37:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:07] | Are you sure you don’t want to do one more take, | 你确定不需要再拍一遍了吗 |
[37:08] | just for safety? | 以防万一 |
[37:09] | Can’t get better than that. | 已经再好不过了 |
[37:10] | Sorry…it’s just that I-I left out so much, | 抱歉 只是我有好多漏说的 |
[37:12] | like about Bob breaking down and eating pizza | 像在我接他之前 |
[37:14] | just before I picked him up. | 鲍勃崩溃了 吃披萨什么的 |
[37:15] | Oh, that’s okay. | 那些不重要 |
[37:17] | You also left out the part about the pepper spray. | 你不也把防狼喷雾的事情漏说了吗 |
[37:20] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[37:21] | You stole pepper spray from your daughter’s purse | 你从你女儿的包里偷了防狼喷剂 |
[37:23] | and brought it along with you | 并且随身携带 |
[37:24] | when you took Bob back up to that mountain. | 送鲍勃回到了那座山上 |
[37:26] | What…what makes you say that? | 这是从何说起 |
[37:28] | Well, pepper spray | 防狼喷剂 |
[37:29] | is an enormously volatile airborne weapon. | 是一种挥发性很强的气体武器 |
[37:32] | When you took Bob up to the edge of that cliff, | 当你带鲍勃去到那个悬崖边上的时候 |
[37:35] | wind was gusting up to 30 miles an hour. | 风速达到了每小时五十公里 |
[37:37] | Was it really that windy? | 风有那么大吗 |
[37:38] | What am I, the weather channel? | 我又不是天气预报 |
[37:39] | We’re gonna get a warrant, | 我们会去申请搜查令 |
[37:40] | search your clothes and your shoes | 去查你的衣服和鞋子 |
[37:42] | We’ll find it there, too. | 也会在那里面找到 |
[37:44] | Is that true? | 会吗 |
[37:45] | D-don’t you represent her? | 你不是她的律师吗 |
[37:46] | Of course it’s not true. | 当然不会啦 |
[37:48] | So I… | 那么我 |
[37:49] | I brought pepper spray with me. | 我随身带着防狼喷剂 |
[37:51] | I don’t see how that matters. | 这又怎么了 |
[37:52] | Well, it indicates that you thought your husband would be | 这说明在你当晚去接他之前 |
[37:55] | a handful even before you went to pick him up that night. | 你就觉得你丈夫会很难缠 |
[37:57] | Kind of undercuts the whole idea that you went up | 说明你跟鲍勃上到山顶后 |
[37:59] | on the mountain with Bob and had a spontaneous argument. | 可能并不是因为意外情况而发生争执 |
[38:04] | All right, well, | 好吧 那么 |
[38:05] | so I had a feeling he might chicken out, and he did. | 我感觉他可能会退缩 他也确实如此 |
[38:08] | Look,I actually made him sound | 听着 我已经尽力美化 |
[38:10] | a lot better than he was, | 他当时的表现了 |
[38:12] | And I mean, you have no idea…none… | 你都不知道 一点不知道 |
[38:16] | How jealous he was that Missy and me were on television | 当我跟米西上电视 而他没上时 |
[38:19] | and he wasn’t. | 他有多嫉妒 |
[38:23] | Speaking of which, | 说到上电视 |
[38:24] | How soon will this video get out to the national media? | 这视频什么时候会在国家电视台中播出 |
[38:29] | I’d say… a year and a half-ish. | 我想 得一年半左右吧 |
[38:35] | A year and a half? | 一年半 |
[38:36] | But you said people would see me. | 但是你刚说人们会看到我 |
[38:38] | Oh, people will. | 是啊 人们会看到你 |
[38:40] | 12 jurors, 2 alternates, and a judge | 十二名陪审员 两个候补 一名法官 |
[38:42] | will hear you say on camera | 会看到你在镜头里说 |
[38:44] | that you brought pepper spray | 你怕你丈夫胆小退出 |
[38:45] | because you thought your husband was gonna chicken out. | 所以你带了防狼喷雾 |
[38:47] | No, but he said “Cut.” | 不会 他说停了 |
[38:49] | It’s still rolling. | 还在录 |
[38:51] | Beth Michaels, | 贝丝·麦克斯 |
[38:52] | you are under arrest for the murder of Bob Michaels. | 你因谋杀鲍勃·麦克斯而被捕 |
[38:55] | W-wait a minute. I-I signed an agreement. | 等一下 我签过协议了 |
[38:59] | This is what I think you theater people call a prop. | 你们喜欢演戏的人管这叫道具吧 |
[39:04] | You lied to me. | 你骗我 |
[39:06] | Welcome to Hollywood. | 欢迎来到好莱坞 |
[39:09] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[39:22] | The way you let her down the garden path | 你把她引入歧途用的方法 |
[39:24] | just telling her what she wanted to hear…so simple. | 就是挑她愿意听的话说 很简洁 |
[39:29] | Well, when someone is guilty, they’re pretty easy to lead. | 一个人有罪时 很容易被引导 |
[39:33] | How right you are. | 说得太对了 |
[39:34] | That’s why… | 这就是为什么 |
[39:39] | No,hey. Come on. We need to discuss this. | 别 我们得讨论一下 |
[39:42] | No, we don’t. | 不 不需要 |
[39:43] | That settlement has one objective, | 这个和解书只有一个目标 |
[39:45] | and that is to get my client to take responsibility, | 那就是让我的客户在书面上 |
[39:47] | in writing, for the murder of Terrell Baylor. | 承担图雷利·贝勒被谋杀的责任 |
[39:51] | But they dropped the wrongful-death charges. | 但他们已撤销了造成非正常死亡的起诉 |
[39:53] | Nowhere does Goldman promise not to re-file | 高德曼很可能会 |
[39:55] | the moment after you admit professional indifference | 在你承认不管嫌犯死活以后 |
[39:58] | to the suspect’s predicament. | 重新起诉你 |
[40:00] | – I knew it. – Oh, my god. | -我就知道 -哦 天啊 |
[40:01] | Do you really think he’d still try to take me to court? | 你真的认为他还会设法告我 |
[40:03] | Well, this is why he wanted us | 这就是他让我们 |
[40:05] | to check out the offer with a microscope. | 仔细看和解书的原因 |
[40:07] | He wanted us to concentrate on what was in the settlement, | 他想让我们把注意力放在和解书的内容上 |
[40:10] | not on what wasn’t. | 而不是里边没有的内容 |
[40:13] | So, let’s say you hand the document over to Goldman after you | 如果你在把网络红人米西·麦克斯的妈妈 |
[40:15] | put away the mother of internet sensation Missy Michaels. | 抓了之后 把那文件交给高德曼 |
[40:19] | He could wave this agreement around on television | 他就会在媒体面前挥舞着这和解书 |
[40:21] | and say, “Deputy Chief Brenda Lee Johnson | 说 副局长布兰达·雷·强生 |
[40:24] | has, in effect, taken responsibility | 已经承认 |
[40:26] | for a murder of her own.” | 她对一起谋杀案负全责 |
[40:29] | How do you think the press would play that? | 你知道媒体会如何添油加醋 |
[40:31] | Especially after you ruined “Daddy, say yes.” | 尤其是你毁了《爹地说可以》后 |
[40:39] | The Michaels are walking the press plank, | 麦克斯家在媒体前出镜呢 |
[40:41] | if anyone’s interested. | 有人感兴趣吗 |
[40:43] | Oh, my god. You have to ask? | 天啊 还用问 |
[40:48] | An absolutely wild ride coming to an end today, | 一场绝对疯狂的谋杀今天终于画上了句号 |
[40:51] | with Beth Michaels being escorted away | 结局是被捕 |
[40:54] | on charges she murdered her husband. | 罪名是谋害亲夫 |
[40:56] | But hang on…let’s swing over and see if we can… | 但是等下 让我们把镜头转向她 看是否 |
[40:59] | Will you be staying in L.A. to be with your mom? | 你会留在洛杉矶守着你的妈妈吗 |
[41:02] | Are your 15 minutes of fame finished? | 你觉得你现在还红吗 |
[41:08] | Missy, what do you have to say to all your fans? | 米西 你想对你的粉丝们说些什么 |
[41:20] | I loved my daddy. | 我爱我的爸爸 |
[41:27] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |