时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | All right. | 好吧 |
[00:09] | Okay. Am I ambitious? | 我是个雄心勃勃的人吗 |
[00:11] | That’s a waste of a question. | 这问题算浪费了 |
[00:12] | We’re all ambitious. | 我们都雄心勃勃 |
[00:14] | – True. – True that. | -说的对 -对极了 |
[00:15] | Am I confident? | 我很自信吗 |
[00:16] | You’re stuck-up. | 你那是自大 |
[00:18] | I’m not stuck-up! | 我才不自大呢 |
[00:19] | I guess that makes me Beth. | 那我一定是贝希了 |
[00:20] | I am not stuck-up! | 我才不自大 |
[00:22] | Oh, you totally blew it. | 你把游戏彻底搞砸了 |
[00:23] | Well, I was being attacked. | 拜托 我被人身攻击了 |
[00:25] | I have the right to defend myself if I’m being attacked. | 我有权为自己辩解 |
[00:27] | Please. | 别争了 |
[00:28] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好了 再来再来 |
[00:30] | Am I sensitive? | 我很感性吗 |
[00:31] | – Yes. – I’m Dylan. | -绝对的 -我是迪兰 |
[00:35] | There are sides of me that you haven’t seen. | 我还有其它特点 你们还没发现 |
[00:37] | Really? Like what? Softer ones? | 是吗 比如呢 还可以更感性吗 |
[00:38] | Lift up your shirt. You made puppies? | 把衬衫掀起来 里面有小狗吗 |
[00:41] | Wait, you guys, you guys. | 好了 大家安静 |
[00:43] | That’s word processing. The server’s still down. | 是文字处理器的消息 服务器仍没有修好 |
[00:46] | Our documents are not gonna be done for tonight. | 咱们的文件今晚没法搞定了 |
[00:49] | – Fun’s over. – Wait. wait, you can’t go. | -游戏结束 -等等 你们不能走 |
[00:51] | We haven’t done me yet. Please do me. | 还没猜过我呢 再来一次 |
[00:53] | One more. Do me. Please. | 猜猜我 拜托 |
[00:54] | – Alright. Quick speaks. – OK. | -好吧 速战速决 -好 |
[00:56] | Am I strong? | 我强壮吗 |
[00:58] | You’re black. Good night, everybody. | 你是黑人 大家晚安 |
[01:04] | Hey. What I said earlier about your being “sensitive”… | 听着 刚刚我说你感性… |
[01:08] | You know I was only kidding, right? | 你知道我是在开玩笑吧 |
[01:09] | Oh, yeah. Don’t sweat it, man. | 了解 别放在心上 |
[01:10] | You know what I really think about you, don’t you? | 你知道我其实是怎么看你的 对吧 |
[01:13] | “Hero.” | “英雄” |
[01:16] | Dude, that’s very touching. | 伙计 真感人 |
[01:17] | I mean it, mate. | 我是认真的 伙计 |
[01:19] | “Girl.” | “小女生” |
[01:24] | Mr. Sterling, you’re here late. | 斯特林先生 您也加班啊 |
[01:26] | Yes, I was just reviewing a case that might interest you. | 我在看一个案子 你可能会感兴趣 |
[01:29] | – Are you busy tomorrow? – Yes, sir. Working with you. | -明天忙吗 -对 因为要跟您一起干了 |
[01:33] | Yeah. “Hero.” | 没错 “英雄” |
[01:43] | You got to love that priory. | 你肯定很喜欢修道院 |
[01:45] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[01:47] | He’s a dead man. | 他死定了 |
[01:55] | I met Christopher a year a a half ago. | 一年半前 我认识了克里斯托夫 |
[01:58] | He was sweet and handsome and funny. | 他可爱 帅气 又风趣 |
[02:00] | I never spent so much time laughing. | 跟他一起总是笑声不断 |
[02:03] | We were planning their wedding when he was sent to Afgnistan, but… | 他被派去阿富汗后我们开始筹划婚礼 但… |
[02:07] | Christopher was killed outside Kabul about six months ago. | 六个月前 克里斯托夫在喀布尔城外遇害了 |
[02:10] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[02:11] | And how soon after that | 那么 在那之后多久 |
[02:13] | did the government get in touch with you about your visa status? | 政府便开始过问你的签证情况了 |
[02:14] | They didn’t. | 他们从没问过 |
[02:16] | I contacted them | 我失去南加州混凝土公司的工作后 |
[02:17] | after I lost my job at SoCal Concrete. | 曾联系过他们 |
[02:19] | And they told me my proxy marriage was invalid. | 他们说我的代行婚礼是无效的 |
[02:23] | “Proxy marriage”? | “代行婚礼” |
[02:24] | Yeah, it’s when the groom is deployed overseas, | 当新郎被派遣到海外工作时 |
[02:27] | the couple will get married by signing documents on separate continents. | 双方可在不同地方签署文件 确定婚姻关系 |
[02:30] | Fairly common practice in the military. | 这在军队里是很常见的 |
[02:32] | You seem to know a lot about it. | 看来你对此知之甚多 |
[02:33] | I was in the corps. Second Marines, First Battalion. | 我当过兵 第二海军陆战队第一营 |
[02:37] | So was there a defect in the proxy-marriage paperwork? | 那么是代理婚礼签的文件有问题吗 |
[02:40] | No, it’s because Christopher was killed in combat | 不 是因为克里斯托夫在战争中牺牲了 |
[02:43] | before he could return home and consummate the marriage. | 没能活着回来圆房 |
[02:46] | But you’re pregnant. | 但你已经怀孕了 |
[02:47] | I told immigration the truth. It happened before we were married. | 我告诉移民局我们结婚之前我就怀孕了 |
[02:52] | They told me that since I lost my work visa, I had to go back to China. | 他们说没有工作签证我就得回中国 |
[02:56] | But my family is here. My life is here. | 但我的家庭 我的生活都在这里 |
[02:59] | I want to have my baby here. This is my home. | 我想在这里养育孩子 这里是我的家 |
[03:02] | Sterling would be honored to help you. | 斯特林公司很荣幸能帮助你们 |
[03:05] | Isn’t that right, Mr. Hewitt? | 对吧 赫威特先生 |
[03:07] | We always try to do the right thing. | 我们一直在努力做正确的事 |
[03:12] | A sexual-harassment case, and we’re representing the harasser? | 性骚扰的案子 而我们要为骚扰者辩护 |
[03:14] | Alleged harasser. The client’s name is Robin Reynolds. | 原告所谓的”骚扰者” 名叫罗宾·雷诺兹 |
[03:18] | He is the CEO of American Lingerie. | 是美国女士内衣公司的总裁 |
[03:20] | The accuser is a mid-level executive, a woman named Rhazia Kahn, | 原告是公司的中层经理 叫拉兹亚·卡恩 |
[03:24] | who claims that Reynolds created a hostile work environment | 她声称雷诺兹常常语带暗示 并且举止猥亵 |
[03:27] | with his suggestive comments and lewd behavior. | 使工作环境充满了敌意 |
[03:30] | Has her case got any merit? | 她的说法可信吗 |
[03:31] | Well, that’s we hope to find out. | 这是我们要去调查的 |
[03:33] | ‘Cause the two of you are gonna meet him later this afternoon. | 今天下午你俩去见见他 |
[03:37] | I guess Mr. Spock needs us on the bridge. | 我还以为史波克先生[星际奇航3主角]找我们呢 |
[03:40] | Because of your automatic door. | 我是说你那扇自动门 |
[03:42] | Because it’s “whoosh,” you know, Starship Enterprise. | “嗖”的一声就开了 就像在进取号星舰上 |
[03:46] | Never mind. | 算了 当我没说 |
[03:52] | I just thought I’d say | 我只想说 |
[03:53] | I-I know there’s been some awkward moments in the past, | 我知道以前我有时显得很笨拙 |
[03:55] | but I’m…I’m really looking forward to working on this with you. | 但我真的…真的很期待与您共事 |
[03:58] | Thank you for the obligatory ass-kissing. | 谢谢你这么突兀的拍我马屁 |
[04:01] | Hasty departure in 5, 4, 3, 2… | 赶快离开 倒计时5 4 3 2 |
[04:05] | How would you respond if I said, | 如果我说”我想咬掉你的带子” |
[04:06] | “I wanted to snap your whizz strap”? | 你会有什么反应 |
[04:08] | I guess it would depend on inflection. | 我想这取决于说话人的语气 |
[04:10] | That’s one of the things the plaintiff alleges our client said to her. | 原告声称咱们的客户对她说过这话 |
[04:14] | I want to snap your whizz strap. | 我想”咬掉”你的带子 |
[04:15] | I want to snap your whizz strap. | 我想咬掉你的”带子” |
[04:17] | I want to snap your whizz strap. | 我想咬掉”你的”带子 |
[04:19] | See? I always thought there was something going on between you two. | 看吧 我一直觉得你俩之间有暧昧 |
[04:24] | I’m gonna go get my stuff. See you in conference room one. | 我去拿我的东西 一号会议室见 |
[04:26] | Hey. Listen, the Cavanaugh case settled, | 听着 卡瓦诺的案子结了 |
[04:30] | which means I have an absolutely free night tonight | 也就是说 我今晚彻底空出来了 |
[04:33] | in the first time in forever. | 这么久以来的第一次啊 |
[04:35] | Well, we just got assigned this sexual-harassment case, | 我们刚接到这个性骚扰的案子 |
[04:37] | but we don’t have discovery until tomorrow, | 但明天之前都不会有进一步发现 |
[04:39] | so, dinner and a movie? | 所以 共进晚餐加看电影怎么样 |
[04:42] | Or we skip all that and go straight to the part where | 或者省略前面的步骤 |
[04:44] | I snap your whizz strap. | 让我直接咬掉你的带子 |
[04:48] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[04:50] | Yeah, cut to the chase, | 对啊 直接入正题 |
[04:51] | burn some calories, | 燃烧点卡路里 |
[04:52] | burst a few buttons. | 扯落几粒纽扣 |
[04:55] | On second thought, | 我又想了想 |
[04:56] | I should probably focus on this Cliff thing. | 我还是该专心做克里夫的案子好了 |
[05:01] | Uh…Is this ’cause I mentioned the whizz strap, | 呃 是因为我提到了你的带子吗 |
[05:04] | because I don’t even know what that means. | 其实我都不知道那是什么意思 |
[05:13] | You know, Susan, I always considered you the lawyer who got away. | 知道吗 苏珊 我一直觉得你是逃跑律师 |
[05:16] | Coming from you, that’s a huge compliment. | 这话从你嘴里说出来算是天大的恭维了 |
[05:20] | Did you hear the Phil is retiring? | 菲尔要退休了 听说了吗 |
[05:23] | Ouch. Phil was your closer. | 真可惜 菲尔是你的杀手锏 |
[05:26] | Was the toughest lawyer I ever went up against. | 他是我交手过的最强悍的律师 |
[05:28] | You’re gonna need a new gladiator. | 你需要找个新的角斗士了 |
[05:30] | Actually, I was hoping you’d take up his sword. | 事实上 我希望你能接手他的宝剑 |
[05:33] | Could be a huge opportunity. | 这是个天大的机会 |
[05:35] | Instead of controlling a litigation team of 20 at Sterling, | 在斯特林公司你有20人的诉讼团队 |
[05:38] | you’d be top dog on a team of 100. | 在我们这儿你能领导100人 |
[05:40] | Sterling is my home. | 斯特林公司是我的家 |
[05:41] | You deserve the chance to step out of Cliff’s shadow. | 你应该得到一个摆脱克里夫掌控的机会 |
[05:45] | Tom… | 汤姆… |
[05:46] | Okay, just consider it. | 考虑一下吧 |
[05:48] | You’re brilliant, relentless, and you smell like flowers. | 你很出色 又无情 而且像鲜花一样好闻 |
[05:53] | As lawyers go, it doesn’t get any better than that. | 作为律师 这些是再好不过的资本了 |
[05:56] | Can I get you anything else? | 您还需要什么吗 |
[05:58] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[05:59] | I’m just savoring my delicious compliment. | 我正在享受他美味的恭维 |
[06:02] | Emergency? | 紧急情况 |
[06:03] | What kind of emergency? What can I do? | 什么样的紧急情况 我能做什么 |
[06:05] | Normally, I wouldn’t bother you with all this, | 通常我不会拿这些事麻烦你 |
[06:07] | except for I’m stuck at the Van Nuys Courthouse | 但我现在被困在范奈司法院 |
[06:08] | while the judge reviews my motion. | 法官正在审核我的动议 |
[06:09] | Malcolm, don’t worry about it. | 马尔科姆 别担心 |
[06:10] | Beth and I are waiting on documents. What do you need? | 我和贝希正在等文件 你需要什么 |
[06:12] | I need you to pick up my brother. | 我需要你去接我弟弟 |
[06:14] | What brother? | 什么弟弟 |
[06:15] | His name’s Eric. He’s 11. | 他叫艾瑞克 11岁 |
[06:17] | You’ve never mentioned a brother. | 你从没提过有个弟弟 |
[06:18] | It’s because I don’t like talking about it. | 因为我不想说这些 |
[06:20] | You can trust me. | 你可以信任我 |
[06:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:24] | That’s why I calle. This is me trusting you. | 所以我给你打电话 表示我信任你 |
[06:28] | So, can you help me? | 所以 你能帮忙吗 |
[06:30] | Of course. Where am I going? | 当然 我要去哪儿接他 |
[06:37] | Christopher Brundage was clearly planning | 很明显克里斯托夫·布伦戴奇出事前 |
[06:40] | on a life with Mei before he was killed in action. | 已经准备与梅共度一生 |
[06:42] | There are letters that indicate his intent, | 这些信件能够证明他的意愿 |
[06:44] | and we have witnesses that will corroborate statements he made to that effect. | 我们还有证人能证实他确有此意 |
[06:48] | Further, the United States Marine Corps already recognizes this marriage. | 此外 美国海军陆战队也已经承认了这段婚姻 |
[06:52] | Well, that may be true, Mr. Sterling, | 斯特林先生 这也许是事实 |
[06:53] | but Immigration and Customs Enforcement has a different standard. | 但移民和海关执法局有不同的标准 |
[06:56] | And consummation of the marriage | 是否圆房 |
[06:58] | is pivotal to their recognition of any proxy wedding. | 是代行婚礼是否能被承认的关键 |
[07:00] | She’s pregnant with his child. | 她已经怀了他的孩子 |
[07:02] | The relationship has been consummated. | 他们早已圆房了 |
[07:03] | Well, I’m sorry, but the law sees premarital sex as fornication, | 很抱歉 但法律认定婚前性行为是私通 |
[07:06] | not marriage consummation. | 而不是圆房 |
[07:08] | Your honor, this woman’s husband sacrificed his life in service to our country. | 法官大人 这位女士的丈夫为国捐了躯 |
[07:12] | Now she and her baby are being forced to leave the land he died for | 现在她和孩子只因破坏了某些陈腐的法律 |
[07:15] | because some obsolete rule is being broken? | 就要被迫离开丈夫誓死保卫的国家吗 |
[07:18] | How does that make sense? | 怎么能这样 |
[07:19] | I understand the equities, | 我知道这有些不合理 |
[07:21] | but I have no choice but to apply the law as written. | 但我只能遵照法律办事 |
[07:25] | I’m afraid your client is gonna have to go back to China. | 恐怕你的委托人必须回中国去了 |
[07:43] | Principal Chase, I’m Addy Fisher. | 蔡司校长 我是艾迪·费舍尔 |
[07:45] | I’m a colleague of Malcolm Bennet’s. | 是马尔科姆·班尼特的同事 |
[07:46] | You should have a fax from him | 你应该收到了他的传真 |
[07:48] | granting me permission to pick up his brother, Eric. | 准许我来接他弟弟艾瑞克 |
[07:55] | You Eric? | 你是艾瑞克吗 |
[07:56] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[07:57] | I’m Addy Fisher. | 我是艾迪·费舍尔 |
[07:59] | What’s going on? Are you okay? | 怎么回事 你没事吧 |
[08:00] | No, he’s suspended for bringing a weapon to school. | 恐怕不好 他因携带武器到学校而被停课了 |
[08:04] | You brought a weapon to school? | 你带了武器到学校 |
[08:06] | No! | 我没有 |
[08:08] | He says he didn’t do it. | 他说他没有 |
[08:09] | What are you, his lawyer? | 你是谁 他的律师吗 |
[08:12] | Actually…sort of. | 事实上 算是吧 |
[08:18] | The consummation requirement is patently unfair. | 这个圆房的要求明显不公平 |
[08:20] | I agree, but we are not lawmakers. We’re lawyers. | 我同意 但我们是律师 不是立法者 |
[08:23] | Think about how many other families it’s affecting. | 想想有多少家庭因此受害 |
[08:25] | Isn’t it our job to get justice for them? | 我们工作不就是为他们主持公道吗 |
[08:26] | Our job is to concentrate on our client — Mei. | 我们的工作是集中精力帮我们的客户 梅 |
[08:29] | I still have a few friends in congress. | 我在国会还有几个朋友 |
[08:31] | I’m gonna see if one of them might sponsor | 我看看他们中是否有人 |
[08:33] | a private bill recognizing her marriage. | 能提出私人法案来承认他们的婚姻 |
[08:35] | That’ll take forever. | 那样需要很多时间 |
[08:36] | And if Mei is sent back to china in the interim, | 要是在此期间梅被遣送回中国 |
[08:38] | the Chinese government will never allow her to return | 不管有没有私人法案 |
[08:40] | Bill or no bill. | 中国政府都不会再让她回来了 |
[08:40] | You’re probably right. | 也许你是对的 |
[08:41] | Which is why you need to find a way to | 所以你得拖延梅被驱逐出境的时间 |
[08:43] | stall that deportation till congress can act. | 直到国会通过法案 |
[08:58] | You know, when I hired Rhazia, | 知道吗 当我雇用拉兹亚时 |
[08:59] | I thought she was gonna be a great fit here. | 我以为她在这里会如鱼得水 |
[09:01] | What do you think of this lace, huh? | 你觉得这些蕾丝怎么样 |
[09:03] | It’s, like, overwhelming, isn’t it? | 画龙点睛之笔啊 是吧 |
[09:05] | No, you’re right. | 不 你说得对 |
[09:07] | You’re right. Less is more. | 你说得对 没有更好 |
[09:08] | That’s it. That’s it. great. You’re good. | 对了 就是这样 很好 你太美了 |
[09:12] | Anyway, you were saying that Ms. Kahn was a good fit. | 总之 你是说卡恩女士在这里很适应 |
[09:17] | Initially, yeah. Then suddenly she was offended by | 开始是的 直到有一天 |
[09:18] | people wearing underwear. | 她说别人穿内衣是冒犯了她 |
[09:19] | This is a lingerie company, for god’s sake, so… | 这可是家内衣公司啊 靠 |
[09:22] | So you deny her claim that | 所以你否认她的指控 |
[09:23] | you created a hostile work environment? | 说你造成了敌对性工作环境了 |
[09:25] | I happen to pride myself | 我恰恰为自己感到很自豪 |
[09:26] | on creating an environment where everybody is happy. | 在我创造的工作环境里 人人都很开心 |
[09:28] | The people designing the lingerie, | 那些括设计内衣的人 |
[09:30] | the people wearing the lingerie, | 穿着内衣的人 |
[09:31] | and the people drinking it in. | 还有那些陶醉其中的人 |
[09:32] | What can I say? Gina, honey, you make that look great. | 无法言表 吉娜 你让这套内衣更美了 |
[09:35] | I totally want to unwrap the package. | 我真想脱下它 |
[09:38] | Mr. Reynolds, I’m — I’m sorry, | 雷诺兹先生 对不起 |
[09:39] | but that’s precisely the kind of comment | 但就是这样的话语 |
[09:41] | that could be construed as hostile. | 会被误会为有敌意 |
[09:43] | Okay, this is a creative workplace. | 这是一个充满创意的工作场所 |
[09:46] | What we’re selling is sex. | 我们卖的就是性 |
[09:47] | So people need to feel free to express their opinions. | 所以我的员工要觉得可以畅所欲言 |
[09:50] | If Rhaa couldn’t handle that, | 如果拉兹亚不能适应 |
[09:51] | she shouldn’t have taken the job. | 那她就不该接受这份工组 |
[09:52] | Did she ever make a formal complaint before the lawsuit? | 在上诉之前 她向你正式投诉过吗 |
[09:55] | Uh, well, she was always kind of a whiner. | 她一直是个怨妇 |
[09:57] | You’re gorgeous, by the way. | 顺便说一句 你真美 |
[09:59] | I can totally see you in this. | 我可以想象你穿这件内衣的样子 |
[10:01] | What size are you? You want to try it on? | 你穿什么型号的 想试试吗 |
[10:05] | I’m good. | 不用了 |
[10:10] | Hey, what’s up? | 怎么了 |
[10:13] | Why don’t you tell me? | 不如你告诉我吧 |
[10:16] | U heard about my breakfast with tom lynch. | 你听说我跟汤姆·林奇吃早餐的事了 |
[10:18] | Can’t throw a rock in L.A. | 苏珊 在洛杉矶 |
[10:19] | without hitting a lawyer, Susan. | 扔块石头都能砸中三个律师 |
[10:20] | If you have a meeting with | 如果你和林奇西蒙事务所的 |
[10:22] | the senior partner of Lynch&Simon, | 资深合伙人会谈 |
[10:23] | I’m gonna find out about it. | 我肯定会知道的 |
[10:24] | It wasn’t a meeting. it was a friendly breakfast. | 那不是会谈 只是朋友一起吃个早餐 |
[10:27] | At least that’s what I thought until he offered me a job | 至少在他向我提供工作之前我是这么想的 |
[10:30] | one I did not solicit. | 我从未要求过那份工作 |
[10:31] | Did you turn him down? | 你拒绝他了吗 |
[10:32] | I haven’t… | 我没有 |
[10:34] | Yet. | 目前还没有 |
[10:36] | Hart, you know how I feel about you, | 哈特 你知道我怎么看你的 |
[10:38] | but things are really complicated around here for me right now. | 但现在 这里的事情对我来说太纠结了 |
[10:42] | – Cliff. – What else? | -克里夫 -还能有什么 |
[10:43] | How’s that going? | 你俩现在怎么样了 |
[10:44] | Better since he moved into the Ritz. | 自从他搬到里茨之后 好多了 |
[10:48] | Well, this is a conversation better had over martinis. | 这种谈话最好边喝点马蒂尼边进行 |
[10:51] | – Dinner? – I’d love to. | -共进晚餐 -我很乐意 |
[10:53] | I’ll set it up. | 我去安排 |
[10:58] | Hey. It’s me. | 喂 是我 |
[11:00] | Just…checking in. | 只是…确定下 |
[11:01] | Um, still hoping to see you tonight, even if it’s late. | 还是希望今晚能见到你 晚点也行 |
[11:05] | So, uh, give me a call when you get this… | 你听到留言后 请打电话给我 |
[11:08] | And I’ll talk to you a bit later. | 晚点再说 |
[11:10] | Bye…Mum. | 再见 妈妈 |
[11:11] | That was Mum. | 是我妈打来的 |
[11:14] | No, it wasn’t. | 才不是 |
[11:16] | No. That was a woman. | 对 是个女人 |
[11:20] | So, um, how’s that going for you? | 那进展如何 |
[11:24] | Complicated, confusing, frustrating. | 纠结 困惑还有点挫败感 |
[11:26] | Those sound like dating adjectives. | 听起来像是描述约会的词 |
[11:28] | Are you actually dating someone? | 你是不是在和某人约会啊 |
[11:29] | Uh, I’m trying to yeah, | 我正在尝试 |
[11:31] | But every time I suggest a get-together, she gets upset. | 但每当我暗示两人在一起时 她总会生气 |
[11:35] | These “get-togethers” — | 这个”在一起” |
[11:36] | You pitching pants-on or pants-off? | 你说的时候是穿着裤子还是没穿 |
[11:37] | – Pants off. – Okay. | -没穿 -好吧 |
[11:38] | I can’t speak for Australia, | 我不知道澳大利亚的人们会怎么做 |
[11:40] | but up here — you know, above the equator — | 但在这里 在这个赤道北边的国家 |
[11:42] | Real relationships typically tend to revolve | 真正的男女关系是需要一些技巧的 |
[11:45] | around a certain strategic lack of nudity. | 而不总是赤裸相见 |
[11:47] | Yes, it’s disappointing but unavoidable. | 是很令人失望 但不可避免 |
[11:49] | You want to be in a relationship? | 你真的想开始一段感情吗 |
[11:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:01] | Then you’re gonna have to court her. | 那你得设法取悦她 |
[12:04] | Oh, I think it’s a little late for that. | 我想现在有点为时已晚了 |
[12:06] | – We’ve already.. – Oh, I’m sure you have. | -我们已经… -我知道 |
[12:08] | But if you want to sustain that, | 但如果你想维持下去 |
[12:09] | if you want to move past that, | 想有进一步发展 |
[12:11] | then you’re gonna have to listen to her. | 那你就要多听听她的倾诉 |
[12:13] | You’re gonna have to care about the things | 要热切关注 |
[12:15] | that she cares about – intensely. | 她所关注的东西 |
[12:17] | You’re gonna have to draw her in. | 你要引她上钩 |
[12:20] | Yeah, I think that’s probably a little old-fashioned, | 我觉得这可能有点过时了 |
[12:23] | Don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗 |
[12:24] | Yeah, if by “old-fashioned”, you mean mature and evolved | 如果你说的过时 是指成熟谨慎 |
[12:28] | and vastly superior to your current strategy. | 并且比你现在的方法都行之有效 那么是的 |
[12:33] | Ttouché. | 真感人 |
[12:34] | Merci. | 谢谢 |
[12:38] | Hey, Kiddo, sorry I wasn’t there. | 兄弟 很抱歉我当时不在 |
[12:40] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[12:41] | I can’t believe you got suspended. | 真不敢相信 你被停课了 |
[12:42] | What is this about you bringing a weapon to school? | 你带什么武器去学校了 |
[12:44] | It was my cub scout knife, fork, and spoon set. | 是我当童子军时用的一套刀叉勺 |
[12:46] | And I’m not suspended yet. Addy talked to the principal. | 我还没被停课 艾迪和校长谈过了 |
[12:50] | Addy spoke to the principal about your suspension? | 艾迪跟校长谈了你被停课的事 |
[12:52] | – Not just spoke to her. – What do you mean? | -不只是跟她谈 -什么意思 |
[12:54] | She threw down her card, said she was my lawyer. | 她扔出名片 跟校长说她是我的律师 |
[12:57] | It was like that time I got beat up by Alex Carey | 就像上次我被艾里克斯打了之后 |
[12:59] | and mom went over to his house. | 妈妈到他们家 |
[13:00] | Listen, I’m gonna be right back, okay? | 听着 我一会就回来 好吗 |
[13:05] | I spoke with congressman korsh, | 我和国会议员科尔什谈过了 |
[13:07] | and he’s happy to sponsor the private bill. | 他很乐意提出这项私人法案 |
[13:08] | But he estimates that it could take up to six months | 但他估计通过需要六个月的时间 |
[13:11] | to get the I’s dotted and the t’s crossed. | 好详细打点好一切 |
[13:14] | I think I may have figured out a way to buy us some time. | 我可能有办法为我们争取点时间了 |
[13:15] | I’m listening. | 说吧 |
[13:17] | We argue for the citizenship rights of Mei’s baby. | 我们争辩的是梅的孩子的公民权益 |
[13:20] | An as-yet-unborn American citizen? | 一位还未出生的美国公民吗 |
[13:22] | His father is a citizen. | 他的父亲是美国公民 |
[13:23] | I’d argue that the baby has presumptive civil rights | 我会以此为争论说那孩子有美国公民权 |
[13:26] | which will be violated | 如果他的妈妈被驱逐出境 |
[13:28] | if his mother is removed from U.S. soil. | 那他的公民权就被侵犯了 |
[13:29] | Well, that’s a stretch. | 这有点夸张了 |
[13:31] | Maybe. But it’s all we got right now. | 也许吧 但我们现在只能如此了 |
[13:32] | Well, then, go prep our clients. | 那就去找让我们的当事人准备一下 |
[13:33] | An elastic argument is better than no argument at all. | 有观点可以争辩总比没有好 |
[13:42] | Addy, can I talk to you for a moment? | 艾迪 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[13:44] | Yeah. I’ll talk to you later. | 好的 晚点再说 |
[13:46] | Hey. Did you find Eric? He’s in your office. | 你看到艾瑞克没 他在你办公室 |
[13:48] | Yes, he told me you spoke to the principal. | 看见了 他告诉我你跟校长谈过了 |
[13:50] | Yeah. This cub scout-set thing is pretty ridiculous. | 是的 童子军餐具武器 这真荒谬 |
[13:52] | They’re trying to say it was a weapon. | 他们想说那些东西是武器 |
[13:53] | Oh. Yeah, I didn’t ask you to do that, though. | 对 但我并没要求你那样做 |
[13:54] | It was nothing. I just — | 这没什么 我只是 |
[13:55] | I really appreciate you picking up Eric, | 我真的很感激你去接艾瑞克 |
[13:57] | – But he’s my responsibility. – Yeah, I know that. | -但是他是我的责任 -是 我知道 |
[13:59] | And I’m completely capable of | 而且我完全可以 |
[14:00] | handling the principal on my own. | 自己搞定那个校长 |
[14:01] | I never said that you weren’t. | 我从没觉得你不能 |
[14:02] | All I did was ask her to meet with you | 我只是叫她在下发停课令之前 |
[14:04] | before she handed out a suspension. | 见你一面 和你谈谈 |
[14:06] | You know what? I was trying to be helpful. | 知道吗 我只想帮点忙 |
[14:07] | Next time, I won’t bother. | 下次我不会再多管闲事了 |
[14:21] | Mr. Hewitt… | 赫威特先生 |
[14:26] | They haven’t let me use a phone that to call you. | 他们还没同意我打电话给你 |
[14:28] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[14:29] | How did I know what? | 我知道什么 |
[14:29] | Immigration has a plane leaving for Nanjing tomorrow. | 移民局明天有趟飞往南京的航班 |
[14:33] | They told me that I would have to be on it. | 他们说我要坐那班飞机走 |
[14:39] | Excuse me, sorry. | 对不起 请让让 |
[14:41] | – Judge Hernandez… – Yes? | -埃尔南德斯法官 -什么事 |
[14:43] | – Judge hernandez… – Yes? | -埃尔德南斯法官 -什么事 |
[14:44] | Mei brundage’s unborn child | 布伦戴奇夫人未出世的孩子 |
[14:45] | is a U.S. citizen, your honor. | 是美国公民 法官大人 |
[14:46] | – He can’t be deported. – No court has ever recognized | -他不能被驱逐 -没有法院认可 |
[14:48] | a fetus’ standing for citizenship. | 胎儿也可以获得美国公民身份 |
[14:50] | True, but Mei is eight months pregnant. | 没错 但梅已经怀孕八个月了 |
[14:52] | The baby is totally viable, and, under criminal law, | 孩子已经完全成型了 而且根据刑法 |
[14:54] | he would already be considered an individual. | 他已经可以被看作是单独的个体了 |
[14:56] | If, god forbid, Mei were murdered, | 但愿不会 但如果梅被谋杀了 |
[14:58] | her assailant would be tried | 凶手将要为她和她孩子的死亡 |
[14:59] | for the death of both her and the baby. | 负上双重责任 |
[15:01] | Sounds to me like | 这话在我听来 |
[15:02] | you’re trying to bootstrap the criminal standard | 就像你想在把刑事标准 |
[15:03] | into an immigration case. | 引入到移民案件中来 |
[15:05] | Your honor, China is a totalitarian state. | 法官大人 中国是极权国家 |
[15:08] | To deport a baby there is a complete deprivation | 把孩子去驱逐到那里 完全是通过不正当程序 |
[15:10] | Of freedom without due process. | 剥夺了他的自由 |
[15:11] | That — that’s a violation of the eighth amendment. | 这是违反了第八修正案的 |
[15:13] | I doubt this is going to hold up on appeal, | 我不觉得这会影响上诉 |
[15:15] | but I will grant you a temporary restraining order | 但我会授予你临时禁制令 |
[15:18] | to keep your client here until she delivers her child. | 以确保你的当事人在分娩前能留在这里 |
[15:20] | She’s gonna be deported in less than 24 hours. | 24小时之内她就要被驱逐了 |
[15:23] | Counselor, I’m writing as fast as I can. | 律师先生 我在用最快的速度写禁令了 |
[15:27] | We can definitely argue | 我们绝对可以辩论说 |
[15:28] | that American lingerie is a creative workplace. | 美国内衣公司是个有创造性的工作场所 |
[15:31] | Right. and in that, their employees should be held | 对 而且在那里 员工们的行为准则 |
[15:34] | to a different standard of behavior. | 应是各不相同的 |
[15:35] | Fascinating. Please, continue. | 太棒了 请继续 |
[15:38] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:40] | But he said some things in front of us that were questionable, | 但他在我们面前说的一些话很有问题 |
[15:42] | even in that context. | 即使是在那种场合 |
[15:44] | – Did that upset you? – A little. | -那让你觉得不爽吗 -有点儿 |
[15:46] | Well, let’s just take a moment and discuss how you feel. | 那暂停一下 谈谈你的感受吧 |
[15:50] | Okay, what’s wrong with you? | 你犯什么病啊 |
[15:52] | Nothing. I’m just interested… | 没没 我只是感兴趣 |
[15:55] | …in…my sandwich, | 对…我的三明治 |
[15:59] | Which is bologna, but it’s really extraordinary. | 红肠三明治 口味一级棒 |
[16:02] | Ms. Branford and Ms. Fisher, | 布莱弗德小姐 费舍尔小姐 |
[16:04] | These packages arrived for you, | 有你们的包裹 |
[16:05] | courtesy of Robin Reynolds. | 罗宾·雷诺兹送的 |
[16:12] | Oh, my god. | 老天 |
[16:14] | Um, how inappropriate. | 太胡来了 |
[16:16] | I mean, what is this? | 这是什么东西 |
[16:18] | Well, that’s a mistress costume. | 情妇装 |
[16:21] | Now, what — what message do you think this is sending? | 这件 你觉得是要传递个什么信息 |
[16:25] | “I want to snap your whizz strap.” | 我想咬掉你的带子 |
[16:27] | Well, I would want to snap my whizz strap, too, in this. | 穿成这样我自己都想咬掉带子 |
[16:30] | I want to snap your whizz strap. | 我想咬掉你的带子 |
[16:32] | – Oh, how badly do you want to snap my whizz strap? – I’ve got to go. | -你有多想咬掉我的带子呢 -我得走了 |
[16:35] | Hmm. I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[16:37] | I like this. I like it. | 我也是 喜欢 |
[16:44] | Hey, looking for you. | 我在找你 |
[16:45] | The courting — it’s not working. | 讨好行动 根本没用 |
[16:46] | What do you mean it’s not working? | “没用”是什么意思 |
[16:48] | I tried being interested in her. | 我试着对她的话感兴趣 |
[16:49] | I tried asking her questions. | 试着问问题 |
[16:50] | And then I spoke about my sandwich. | 结果却讲到了我的三明治 |
[16:51] | I seemed impaired — possibly creepy. | 我就像个脑残 也许还很诡异 |
[16:53] | Ugh. You are gonna die alone. | 呃 你会孤独终老的 |
[16:55] | You know, for my mentor, | 作为导师 |
[16:56] | You’re kind of heavy on criticism and light on advice. | 你可真是批评有意 建议无心呀 |
[16:59] | Okay, my subtlety’s not working. | 好吧 我的良策没有用 |
[17:00] | So here’s your action plan. | 那你就得这么办了 |
[17:02] | – Yes? – Obtain the following — | -快说 -把我下面说的东西买齐 |
[17:03] | – Flowers from Apropos on Rodeo Drive. – Yes. | -罗迪欧大道 爱菠菠店的鲜花 -好 |
[17:05] | – Truffles from malibu chocolates. – Check. | -美宜堡巧克力店的巧克力 -行 |
[17:07] | – And something distinctive from your country of origin. – Righty-o. | -还有你家乡的土特产 -没问题 |
[17:09] | – I give those to her? – Yep! | -都给她吗 -没错 |
[17:11] | Liam… you can do this. | 黎姆 你能行的 |
[17:16] | Beneath this smoking hunk of horse-thief | 在这具惹火猛男的雄躯中跳动着的 |
[17:19] | Beats the heart of a poet — I just know it. | 是诗人般的心 我知道的 |
[17:22] | You really mean that? | 真的吗 |
[17:23] | In the most un-gay way possible. | 绝对纯爷们的角度 |
[17:25] | I will take that. | 我可当真了 |
[17:31] | You wanted to see me? | 你要见我吗 |
[17:33] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[17:35] | You left this at the house. | 你把这个落在家里了 |
[17:39] | My dad’s watch. | 我爸的手表 |
[17:45] | Twist-o-flex. | Twist-o-flex[手表品牌] |
[17:48] | Very thoughtful. | 很贴心 |
[17:52] | I knew you’d want it, so… | 我知道你想要它 所以 |
[17:54] | What I want is to come home. | 我想要的是回家 |
[17:58] | Bet the watch feels the same way. | 这手表肯定也有同样的感觉 |
[18:01] | Well, I need more time. | 我还需要些时间 |
[18:05] | How much longer you gonna leave me | 你还要把我仍在冰冷的旷野中 |
[18:07] | hanging out here in the frozen wilderness? | 多久才算够 |
[18:12] | I mean, I’ve been patient. | 我一直很耐心 |
[18:13] | Patient? | 耐心 |
[18:15] | You had an affair with our head paralegal. | 你跟主管助理律师有一腿 |
[18:17] | Do you really think | 难道你真的觉得 |
[18:19] | you’re doing me any kind of favor by staying in a hotel? | 住在酒店就能还我人情了吗 |
[18:22] | I’m doing you a favor by not filing for a divorce. | 我没有申请离婚 那才叫送你人情 |
[18:26] | Well, thanks for the keepsake. | 谢谢这个纪念品 |
[18:38] | Mei… we got a restraining order. | 梅 拿到禁止令了 |
[18:40] | You’re not being deported tomorrow. | 你明天不会被驱逐出境的 |
[18:42] | Oh, thank goodness. | 谢天谢地 |
[18:43] | Thank you, Mr. Hewitt. | 谢谢 赫威特先生 |
[18:44] | When can she go home? | 她何时能回家 |
[18:47] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[18:49] | Yes, I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[18:50] | The doctor told her to avoid stress. | 医生让她尽量不要紧张 |
[18:52] | This is all starting to be too much for her. | 但这一切压力太大了 |
[18:57] | Baby’s coming. | 我要生了 |
[19:00] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[19:02] | The baby is coming. | 我要生了 |
[19:04] | Call an ambulance. | 快叫救护车 |
[19:17] | Wow. Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[19:22] | This is Christopher. | 他叫克里斯托夫 |
[19:24] | He was born in America. Very lucky. | 出生在美国 小幸运儿 |
[19:28] | Does this mean Mei will have to go back to China? | 梅必须被遣返中国吗 |
[19:30] | I’m gonna do everything I can to keep her here. | 我会尽力让她留下 |
[19:33] | But the restraining order | 不过禁止令 |
[19:34] | was issued to keep the baby in the country. | 是为了让孩子留在美国才发放的 |
[19:36] | And now that he’s been born, it’s void. | 现在既然已经出生 禁令就失效了 |
[19:40] | Immigration can deport Mei without him. | 移民局有权遣送梅独自回国 |
[19:41] | But she’s his mother. | 可她是孩子的母亲 |
[19:43] | The government separates noncitizen parents | 政府可不是头一回将非公民的父母 |
[19:45] | from their citizen children all the time. | 与他们美国公民身份的孩子分开了 |
[19:47] | But don’t give up. | 但是别放弃 |
[19:48] | We haven’t. | 我们还没放弃 |
[19:49] | I already lost my son. | 我已经失去了我的儿子 |
[19:51] | Now they’re gonna take Mei? | 现在连梅也被要赶走吗 |
[19:52] | No crying, no. | 别哭 |
[19:54] | Mother, look — 10 fingers, 10 toes. | 妈妈看 十个小手指 十个小脚趾 |
[19:58] | 20 blessings. | 二十份祝福 |
[20:08] | Mr. Bennet, I know it may seem frivolous, | 班尼特先生 我知道这可能是老生常谈了 |
[20:11] | But school violence is on the rise. | 但校园暴力案件与日俱增 |
[20:12] | We can’t be too careful. | 我们不能有任何疏漏 |
[20:13] | So we have a zero-tolerance policy for weapons. | 所以采取零容忍政策对待武器 |
[20:16] | I understand. Absolutely. | 我理解 绝对理解 |
[20:17] | But it’s not like Eric brought a switchblade to school. | 但是艾瑞克又不是带了弹簧刀来 |
[20:18] | He won a prize for having the most merit badges. | 那只是最高奖章得主的奖品 |
[20:21] | He was showing his friends. | 他拿给朋友们看看 |
[20:22] | – I’m afraid my hands are tied. – Well, untie them. | -恐怕我权利有限 -那就去多要点权利 |
[20:24] | Eric is not a juvenile delinquent or a member | 艾瑞克又不是少年犯 |
[20:26] | Of the trench-coat mafia planning a shooting spree. | 也不是策划校园枪击的什么雨衣黑手党 |
[20:27] | He brought his cub scout prize to school. | 他只是把童子军的奖品带到了学校 |
[20:30] | Mr. Bennet, I like Eric. | 班尼特先生 我喜欢艾瑞克 |
[20:31] | I know it’s frustrating. | 我知道这很令人受挫 |
[20:33] | Then why are you doing this? | 那为什么还要这样做 |
[20:34] | Eric is a good kid, and you know what he’s been through. | 艾瑞克是个好孩子 你知道他经历过什么 |
[20:37] | I’m sorry, but suspension would be terrible for him. | 对不起 但是停课太过分了 |
[20:39] | Mr. Bennet, I Understand, | 班尼特先生 我理解 |
[20:41] | but we’re trying to keep kids safe. | 但我们要保证孩子们的安全 |
[20:43] | We’re not making any exceptions. | 不能有例外 |
[20:45] | Good day. | 祝好 |
[20:55] | I worked for Mr. Reynolds for two years. | 我为雷诺兹先生工作了两年 |
[20:58] | At first, it wasn’t too bad. | 起初 骚扰并不严重 |
[21:00] | A double entendre here and there. | 只是时不时的来个双关语 |
[21:01] | Ms. Kahn, you went to work for a lingerie-design company. | 卡恩小姐 你在内衣设计公司工作 |
[21:04] | Didn’t you know what you were signing up for? | 你难道不知道自己投身的是什么事业吗 |
[21:06] | I knew there would be models in their underwear, yes. | 我知道公司里会有穿着内衣的模特 |
[21:09] | But I didn’t expect the lewd comments. | 但是我不能接受污言秽语 |
[21:11] | And the intensity of the harassment | 而且他骚扰的程度 |
[21:12] | increased the longer I was there. | 越来越严重 |
[21:14] | When you say “harassment,” are you referring | 你说的骚扰 是不是指雷诺兹先生 |
[21:16] | to any kind of sexual overtures from Mr. Reynolds? | 有一些性示意呢 |
[21:18] | Not directly, but he knew I didn’t like the suggestive language. | 没有直接的 但他知道我讨厌暗示性语言 |
[21:21] | Did he ever coerce you into participating | 他有没有过强迫你 |
[21:23] | in anything that made you feel uncomfortable | 做什么过分的事情呢 |
[21:25] | by threatening to fire or, say, demote you? | 比如威胁要炒掉你 或降你职 |
[21:28] | Not exactly. | 没有 |
[21:29] | But he crossed the line. | 但是他越过了底线 |
[21:30] | I don’t know how else to describe it. | 我不知道怎么形容 |
[21:32] | I’m a professional woman. | 我是个职业女性 |
[21:35] | I’m good at my job. | 工作出色 |
[21:37] | It’s like he — he was trying to undermine that. | 他好像 想破坏这一切 |
[21:41] | He tried to make me feel small. | 他想让我觉得自己很渺小 |
[21:43] | But you were never threatened or coerced? | 但是你从没被威胁 或者强迫过 |
[21:50] | No, I guess not. | 没有 |
[21:55] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[21:57] | The administrative-law judge wasn’t willing to issue | 行政法官不愿意签署 |
[22:00] | an ex-parte order relating to your deportation. | 让你留下的单方令 |
[22:03] | So I have to go. | 也就是说我必须得走 |
[22:10] | Then I’d like you to help | 那么我需要你帮忙 |
[22:13] | – With the adoption. – Adoption? | -完成收养程序 -收养 |
[22:15] | Life in china will be hard. | 中国的条件很艰苦 |
[22:17] | I want better for Christopher. | 我想给克里斯托夫更好的生活 |
[22:20] | My baby’s father fought and died for America. | 他爸爸为美国战死沙场 |
[22:24] | He deserves to grow up here with you. | 他理应在你们身边长大 |
[22:27] | Is this really what you want? | 你真的想这样吗 |
[22:29] | I want what’s best for my child. | 我想给孩子最好的生活 |
[22:41] | Great job in there with that loony tune. | 那种咄咄逼人的疯狂语气还真帅啊 |
[22:43] | Ms. Kahn obviously feels victimized, | 卡恩小姐明显感到被侵害了 |
[22:45] | But this type of sexual-harassment claim | 但是这种性骚扰诉讼 |
[22:47] | usuall requires some proof of coercion or retaliation. | 通常需要强迫或威胁的证据 |
[22:50] | She has neither. | 她两样都没有 |
[22:51] | Well, that’s because I didn’t sexually harass her. | 因为完全是莫须有 |
[22:54] | She went the lawsuit route | 她来告我 |
[22:55] | Because she couldn’t make it in business. | 是因为她工作不成功 |
[22:57] | Before you know it, she’s gonna be just another washout | 很快 她就会回家 |
[22:59] | on the mommy track, squeezing out kids | 当主妇抱孩子 |
[23:01] | and bitching about her soppy life, you know? | 唠叨生活有多糟糕了 |
[23:03] | And blaming me for all her failures. | 还想把不如意都算到我头上 |
[23:05] | It’s typical. | 典型的 |
[23:07] | Not like you ladies. | 可不像您二位 |
[23:08] | You ladies are smart… and sexy. | 您二位聪明 又性感 |
[23:12] | Mr. Reynolds… | 雷诺兹先生 |
[23:14] | – How we doing? – We just finished the deposition, | -怎么样 -刚做完证词 |
[23:17] | And your first-years just throttled my former employee. | 你的新手女士们刚刚扼杀了我那位前雇员 |
[23:20] | That’s what we pay them for. | 这就是她们的价值所在 |
[23:23] | Thank you again, my lovely ladies. | 再次感谢 亲爱的女士们 |
[23:26] | Walk me out. | 送我出去吧 |
[23:28] | It’d be a pleasure. | 荣幸之至 |
[23:33] | Do you feel super dirty right now? | 现在有没有觉得超级肮脏 |
[23:35] | There’s not enough hand sanitizer in the world | 世界上所有的消毒剂 |
[23:37] | to make me feel clean. | 也消不干净我身上的毒 |
[23:43] | Excuse me. Excuse me. | 抱歉 打扰一下 |
[23:45] | – Dr. Felden? – Yes. | -费尔顿医生吗 -我是 |
[23:46] | Hi, I’m Dylan Hewitt, | 我是迪兰·赫威特 |
[23:47] | Mei Brundage’s attorney. | 梅·布伦戴奇的律师 |
[23:48] | She’s waived privilege. | 她被剥夺了公民权 |
[23:51] | I’m looking for absolutely anything I can use | 我正在设法寻找 |
[23:53] | To keep her in the country. | 任何能让她留下的理由 |
[23:54] | Ah, Mei’s situation is heartbreaking. | 梅的情况真让人心碎 |
[23:56] | How can I help? | 我能帮上什么忙吗 |
[23:57] | Are there any medical reasons | 有没有什么医学理由 |
[23:59] | She or the baby can’t travel? | 让她或孩子不能旅行 |
[24:01] | No, Mei’s perfectly healthy now and so is the baby. | 没有 梅现在十分健康 孩子也是 |
[24:03] | They’re scheduled to be released tomorrow. | 他们明天就要出院了 |
[24:04] | What do you mean, “Now”? | “现在”是什么意思 |
[24:06] | She had placenta previa. | 她是前置胎盘患者 |
[24:07] | I advised her to take a couple of weeks off work. | 我建议她不要上班 休息几个星期 |
[24:09] | Do you know if she followed your advice? | 她是否按照你建议的去做了呢 |
[24:11] | I assume so. Her employer called to verify diagnosis. | 我想是的 她的雇主打过电话过来确诊 |
[24:14] | Really? | 是吗 |
[24:16] | How long was this before she was let go? | 这是她被解雇前多久的事情呢 |
[24:18] | They fired her about a month later. | 一个月左右吧 |
[24:20] | They also asked a number of questions about potential complications. | 他们还问了一些关于潜在并发症的问题 |
[24:23] | Sounds like they were fishing. | 听起来他们想钓些别的信息 |
[24:25] | Smaller companies get afraid of the expense of complicated pregnancies. | 小公司总是怕承担并发性妊娠的医疗费用 |
[24:28] | So maybe they thought it was gonna get more expensive | 所以也许他们是怕付钱太多 |
[24:30] | -And let her go. -They’d have to know | -所以就让她走人了 -他们得知道 |
[24:31] | It’s not legal to terminate a woman for being pregnant. | 因为女性怀孕而解雇她是违法的 |
[24:33] | Yeah, but if you wanted her gone, | 没错 但如果你存心想让她走 |
[24:35] | You’d manufacture some other reason to let her go. | 你就会编一些其他理由来解雇她 |
[24:38] | I’m guessing that’s exactly what Socal did. | 我猜南加州混凝土公司当时就是这么做的 |
[24:50] | What’s all this? | 这都是什么啊 |
[24:51] | Flowers… | 花 |
[24:52] | …chocolates, and a tiny kangaroo. | 巧克力 还有一只小袋鼠 |
[24:55] | Looks like someone likes you. | 看来有人喜欢你哦 |
[24:56] | Someone like likes you. Someone australian. | 貌似有人喜欢你 而且是个澳大利亚人哦 |
[24:59] | It’s really sweet. Look at his little ears. | 真贴心 你看这小耳朵 |
[25:01] | It’s not sweet. It’s clueless and lazy. | 这才不贴心 简直又笨又懒 |
[25:07] | So, I was just in my office. Was all that you? | 我刚回到办公室 那些都是你干的吗 |
[25:10] | Do you mean the flowers from Apropos, | 你是说那些爱菠菠花店的花 |
[25:12] | The truffles from Malibu chocolates, and — | 美宜堡巧克力店的巧克力 还有 |
[25:15] | And the stuffed kangaroo. | 还有这只袋鼠公仔 |
[25:17] | It’s a wallaby. | 是沙袋鼠 |
[25:18] | They’re macropods, also, but they’re cuter than kangaroos. | 叫小小袋鼠也行 但比袋鼠可爱多了 |
[25:21] | I’m courting you. Great, huh? | 我是在取悦你 不错吧 |
[25:23] | Well, first of all, I’m allergic to lilies. | 首先 我对百合过敏 |
[25:26] | Secondly, I’m going to eat every single one of those truffles, | 其次 我会把那些巧克力都吃掉的 |
[25:29] | And finally — a stuffed kangaroo? | 最后 袋鼠公仔 |
[25:33] | Wallaby. Look, I’m just trying to smooth things over. | 是沙袋鼠 听着 我只是想缓和一下局面 |
[25:36] | I mean, you didn’t want to see me the other night. | 我是说 那晚你不想见我 |
[25:37] | – Do you know why I didn’t want to see you? – No. | -知道我为什么不想见你吗 -不知道 |
[25:39] | Because you don’t want to talk to me. You don’t want to go out with me. | 因为你不想和我沟通 不想和我去约会 |
[25:42] | You just want to go to various different locations and have sex with me. | 你只是想和我在各种不同的地方做爱 |
[25:45] | That’s your idea of a relationship. | 在你脑海里 谈恋爱就是这样的 |
[25:47] | And no amount of awesome swag | 就算送珠宝项链给我 |
[25:49] | Could convince me otherwise. | 也不能改变我对你的想法 |
[25:51] | Uh, I think you’ll find that’s a lot of people’s idea | 你会发现很多拥有美好恋情的人 |
[25:53] | Of a pretty good relationship! | 都有着同样的想法 |
[25:58] | Didn’t go down so well, huh, buddy? | 进展不太顺利啊 伙计 |
[26:01] | That was more about me than you. | 都是我的错 与你无关 |
[26:09] | We think Socal Concrete | 我们觉得南加州混凝土公司 |
[26:11] | Fired you because you were pregnant. | 解雇你是因为你怀孕了 |
[26:12] | They said they fired me because my work had slipped. | 但他们说是因为我工作疏忽了 |
[26:15] | I subpoenaed your employee records. | 我传唤过了你的雇佣记录 |
[26:16] | There was nothing in your file to support that, | 你的档案里没有证据能证明那点 |
[26:18] | Which means we can sue for wrongful termination. | 也就是说我们可以控诉他们非法结束合同 |
[26:21] | But I did miss a lot of work. | 但我的确旷工挺多的 |
[26:22] | You can’t be fired for prenatal care. | 不能因为需要产前护理而解雇你 |
[26:24] | That’s discrimination. | 这是种歧视 |
[26:26] | What if we win the suit? | 我们赢了这场官司会怎样 |
[26:27] | We get Mei her job back | 梅就可以拿回她的工作 |
[26:28] | And her work visa will be restated. | 那她就可以再次拿到工作签证了 |
[26:30] | So she has to rely on her work visa forever? | 所以她只能靠工作签证来待在美国了 |
[26:32] | Well, the visa will keep her in the country long enough | 签证能让她在美国待上足够长的时间 |
[26:35] | To get the private bill through congress. | 等到将私法法案提交国会 |
[26:37] | Once it passes, the road to citizenship opens up. | 只要法案通过 就可以拿到绿卡了 |
[26:40] | It’s another stall tactic, but I think it may work. | 这是个延期计划 但我想应该能行的 |
[26:51] | Uh, listen | 听着 |
[26:53] | About yesterday… | 昨天的事 |
[26:55] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:56] | I, um, you know, I should have been less of a jackass. | 我 额 我不该那么混蛋的 |
[26:58] | You did a nice thing for me. | 你是在帮我的忙 |
[26:59] | Apology accepted. | 我接受道歉 |
[27:02] | Yeah, I just, uh… | 我只是… |
[27:06] | You know, with Eric — | 你知道的 艾瑞克的事 |
[27:08] | I’m still figuring out how to do it. | 我还在想怎么解决 |
[27:10] | -I can’t imagine what it’s like. -Yeah. | -我无法想象是什么滋味 -是的 |
[27:16] | This is really the first big thing I’ve had to deal with | 这是自从我们的父母去世之后 |
[27:19] | Since our parents died. | 遇到的第一件大事 |
[27:21] | And, you know, when he told me how you stepped in, | 当他告诉我你插了一手的时候 |
[27:24] | It just really reminded me of how I… | 真的让我觉得自己… |
[27:28] | …feel totally overmatched | 很无能 |
[27:29] | – And how my folks would have handled it so much better. – No. | -以及我的家人以前能处理得多好 -不 |
[27:33] | They wouldn’t have handled it better. | 他们不会处理得更好的 |
[27:35] | Maybe they would have handled it differently. | 只是他们可能会有别的处理办法 |
[27:36] | He’s getting kicked out for having a cub scout prize. | 他因为带了童军奖到学校而被停课了 |
[27:39] | They’re calling it a knife, | 他们说那是刀子 |
[27:40] | And they’re saying they have a zero-tolerance policy. | 是绝对不能容忍的 |
[27:41] | Now, I really tried to reason with these people. | 我试着去找那些人理论 |
[27:43] | Eric told me that his cub scouts meet at the school. | 艾瑞克说他们童子军是在学校集合的 |
[27:45] | Yeah, in the gym. So? | 是的 在体育馆里 所以呢 |
[27:48] | Powell V.S. Bunn. | 鲍威尔对布恩 |
[27:50] | Activities that take place at the school | 在学校进行的比赛 |
[27:51] | Are considered approved by the school. | 被认做是通过学校批准的 |
[27:53] | Because the cub scouts meet in the gym, | 因为童子军在体育馆集合 |
[27:55] | The school sanctions their activities. | 学校批准了他们的活动 |
[27:57] | Including the contest where Eric won his camp set. | 包括了艾瑞克获胜的搭帐篷比赛 |
[28:00] | T-they’re trying to punish him for something they themselves caused. | 他们要因他们自己造成的错误而惩罚他 |
[28:03] | And they can’t do that, can they? | 他们不能这样做 不是吗 |
[28:04] | No, they can’t. | 是的 他们不能 |
[28:16] | Seriously? Your secretary said — | 不是吧 你的秘书说 |
[28:19] | Shh. This is stress relief. | 别吵 在纾解压力呢 |
[28:21] | I’m on a mini vacation. | 我在度迷你假期呢 |
[28:23] | I’m in Maui in my mind. | 我在神游茂伊岛呢 |
[28:30] | Now… what can I do for you? | 好了 什么事 |
[28:32] | You say court beth, so I do. | 你说取悦贝希 我照做了 |
[28:34] | I buy her flowers, chocolates, an awesome wallaby, | 我给她买了花 巧克力 还有一只可爱的沙袋鼠 |
[28:36] | And all she can say is I just want to have sex with her. | 可她说我只是想和她做爱 |
[28:38] | -Beth? -Did I say “Beth”? | -贝希 -我说了贝希吗 |
[28:39] | You never told me it was Beth. | 你从没告诉我是贝希 |
[28:41] | No. I didn’t. | 是的 我没说 |
[28:42] | Because nobody knows because we’re not telling anyone. | 因为没人知道 我们没告诉任何人 |
[28:43] | Except Addy. And now you. | 除了艾迪 现在还有你 |
[28:46] | So, please don’t tell anyone else. | 所以 拜托不要告诉任何人 |
[28:47] | Well, if I had known it was Beth, | 如果我早知道是贝希的话 |
[28:49] | I never would have suggested the standard candy and flowers. | 我就不会叫你买那些糖和花了 |
[28:51] | Regardless, it’s never a good idea | 不管怎样 送女生一只袋鼠 |
[28:52] | -To give a woman a kangaroo. -Wallaby. | -从来就不是好主意 -沙袋鼠 |
[28:54] | – Tiny kangaroo. – Cuter than kangaroos. | -迷你袋鼠 -比袋鼠可爱 |
[28:55] | -Do you just want to have sex with Beth? -No. | -你只是想和贝希上床吗 -不是的 |
[28:58] | I mean yes, but not just, no. | 想是想 但不是”只想” |
[29:00] | Liam, Beth is a highly complex and intelligent woman. | 黎姆 贝希是个极度复杂又聪明的女人 |
[29:04] | Men, I suspect, have always been a disappointment to her. | 我想男人们总是让她失望的 |
[29:07] | -Great. -It is great. You know why? | -很好 -是很好 知道为什么吗 |
[29:08] | It’s great because you get to be the man | 因为你要让她知道 |
[29:10] | To reveal all the others to be pale imitations. | 所有人的招数都是一样的 |
[29:13] | You get to give her what no man has ever given her before | 你要给她从没有人给过她的东西 |
[29:15] | The real you. | 真实的你 |
[29:16] | So… | 所以是 |
[29:18] | Naked me. | 裸体的我 |
[29:21] | I mean, inside naked me. | 我是说 坦诚的我 |
[29:24] | You see? I knew it. | 就知道你会懂的 |
[29:25] | Soul of a poet. | 诗人的灵魂 |
[29:27] | Ooh, look — here come my imaginary pina coladas! | 哦 我幻想的鸡尾酒来啦 |
[29:30] | Thank you very much, Randall. Good to see you, my friend. | 非常感谢 兰德尔 见到你真好 伙计 |
[29:32] | Please bring another one for my newly enlightened young colleague. | 麻烦再拿一杯给我刚开窍的年轻同事 |
[29:40] | That hit the sweet spot. | 爽死了 |
[29:43] | Yessiree. | 爽 |
[29:52] | So, the good news is | 好消息是 |
[29:53] | Looks like we’re gonna win the sexual-harassment case. | 貌似我们会赢得这个性骚扰的案子 |
[29:56] | That is very good news. | 的确是个好消息 |
[29:59] | Do we need the bad news? | 还要说坏消息吗 |
[30:03] | What? | 怎了 |
[30:04] | Nothing. Really, it… | 没啥 真的 只是 |
[30:06] | It’s just | 只是 |
[30:07] | Okay, do not coy. Please, okay? | 拜托 别扭捏了 行不 |
[30:10] | I just can’t stand coy. | 我可受不了 |
[30:12] | Reynolds made an offensive remark | 雷诺兹语带冒犯 |
[30:13] | About the “typical” conduct of his female executives. | 关于他”经典”的女性管理方式 |
[30:16] | I know, it’s not actionable. | 我知道 这是不可起诉的 |
[30:18] | But it made us think. | 但这让我们想到 |
[30:19] | If he’s willing to say something like that to us, | 如果他对我们都能这样说了 |
[30:20] | It might be his operating principle. | 那他也许工作时也是这么说话的 |
[30:22] | That is a stretch. | 可以这样推测 |
[30:24] | Which is why we checked into exactly how many women | 所以我们调查了到底有多少女性 |
[30:26] | Hold senior-management positions at American Lingerie. | 在美国女士内衣公司里做到了高级主管 |
[30:28] | Exactly none. | 一个都没有 |
[30:30] | Every woman at a V.P. level who logically would be | 所有本应升任到更高职务的 |
[30:32] | In the pipeline for senior-management positions | 副总裁级别的女性 |
[30:34] | Quit 18 months to 3 years after arriving. | 在来到公司之后的18个月到三年间都辞职了 |
[30:37] | Not dispositive. | 没有说服力 |
[30:38] | The fashion industry has a very high turnover rate. | 时尚产业本来就变换得很快 |
[30:40] | Yes, but the departure rate at American Lingerie | 是的 但是这家公司的离职率 |
[30:42] | Is much higher than the average of similar businesses. | 比同产业的其他公司高出许多 |
[30:44] | And the same is not true for their male executives. | 而且他们的男性主管都不会这样 |
[30:46] | In their H.R. departure interviews, | 在人力资源部面试的时候 |
[30:48] | Although none of the women cited sexual harassment, | 虽然没有女性表示有性骚扰 |
[30:50] | Almost all of them mentioned that the climate | 但近乎所有的女性都提到 |
[30:52] | At American Lingerie didn’t suit them. | 这家公司的工作氛围不适合她们 |
[30:54] | All right, so, your theory is | 好吧 所以 你们的想法是 |
[30:55] | Although he may not be technically guilty | 虽然在法律上 |
[30:57] | Of sexually harassing anyone, | 他也许没构成实质的性骚扰 |
[30:58] | He has built a bulletproof glass ceiling? | 但他造成了切实的女性升职障碍 |
[31:01] | It’s more than a theory. | 不仅仅是一种想法 |
[31:02] | All the data points to the fact | 所有的数据都表明了 |
[31:03] | That he’s been sexually discriminating | 多年来他一直性歧视 |
[31:05] | Against his female employees for years. | 他的女雇员们 |
[31:07] | And Reynolds is so powerful in the fashion community | 而且雷诺兹在时尚界的势力太强 |
[31:09] | That none of these women want to step forward. | 这些女士都不想做出头鸟 |
[31:11] | They’re afraid of being blackballed. | 她们怕被排斥 |
[31:14] | So, what are we gonna do? | 所以 我们该怎么办呢 |
[31:17] | You’re not gonna do anything. | 你们什么都不用做 |
[31:25] | I don’t want to fight. | 我可不想和你打架 |
[31:26] | I’m not here to fight. | 我不是来打架的 |
[31:28] | I’m… | 我是来 |
[31:30] | Here to ask you a favor. | 想让你帮个忙 |
[31:33] | Need help on the Reynolds case. | 雷诺兹的案子需要帮忙 |
[31:34] | The sexual-harassment suit? | 性骚扰案件吗 |
[31:36] | I’m aware of the irony. | 我听懂你的讽刺了 |
[31:39] | It appears that the problem runs deeper | 看来 问题变得严重了 |
[31:41] | Than one sexual-harassment claim. | 不仅仅是性骚扰的投诉了 |
[31:44] | His problem is systemic, it’s widespread, | 他的问题是很体统的 而且很常见 |
[31:46] | and I’m absolutely certain he has no idea how to fix it. | 并且我确定他不懂得要如何改正 |
[31:51] | But, Cliff, why are you coming to me? | 克里夫 你怎么会来找我帮忙 |
[31:53] | Considering what has recently transpired, | 考虑到最近发生的事情 |
[31:55] | I kind of feel a little oily going to a client | 让我去劝狗改了吃屎的习性 |
[31:58] | and telling a leopard to change his spots. | 这种事我觉得有些腻味 |
[32:01] | So this isn’t about you weaseling out | 所以你并不是在逃避 |
[32:03] | of an uncomfortable conversation. | 令你难堪的话题 |
[32:04] | It’s about me making the most of a teachable moment? | 而是诚心向我讨教对吗 |
[32:08] | Branford and Fisher are good lawyers, but they’re green. | 布莱弗德和费舍尔都不错 但她们还嫩了点 |
[32:11] | This won’t be their last unsavory client. | 她们将来还要遇到很多令人讨厌的委托人 |
[32:13] | And I can’t think of anyone better | 我找不到更合适的人选 |
[32:15] | to show them what dignity looks like. | 向她们展示什么叫不卑不亢了 |
[32:18] | All right. | 好吧 |
[32:20] | I’ll help you. | 我答应帮你 |
[32:23] | For Branford and Fisher. | 是为了布莱弗德和费舍尔 |
[32:27] | I’ll take what I can get. | 我知足了 |
[32:35] | The choice is very simple, Mr. Sanville. | 这很容易抉择 萨维尔先生 |
[32:38] | Socal either gives our client her job back, | 贵公司如果不让她回去工作 |
[32:41] | or we will hit you with a class-action discrimination lawsuit. | 我们就将以歧视罪名起诉你们 |
[32:43] | There is no discrimination here. | 我们没有歧视她 |
[32:45] | Your client’s work wasn’t up to snuff. | 是你们当事人的工作没达标 |
[32:47] | Interesting theory — | 真是有趣的理论 |
[32:48] | Except none of your records support that. | 但你们根本没有记录能证明这点 |
[32:50] | Also, someone from your office | 而且 你们公司还有人 |
[32:52] | called her doctor, asking about her pregnancy. | 曾打电话给她的医生询问关于她怀孕的事 |
[32:54] | If you had any kind of case, you’d push to go before a jury. | 要是你们想在上庭前和解 |
[32:57] | You’d try for a big payout. | 一定是为了争取庞大的和解费 |
[32:58] | Fortunately for you, | 算你们走运 |
[32:59] | cash is not the motive here. | 这次我们的目的并不是赚钱 |
[33:02] | We’re interested in settling quickly | 我们只想尽快解决问题 |
[33:03] | to avoid separating a mother from her child. | 避免让孩子和亲生母亲分开 |
[33:06] | But, if Socal would prefer, | 不过 如果贵公司固执己见 |
[33:08] | we’re more than happy to parade | 我们很乐意去集结 |
[33:09] | a dozen sympathetic young mothers in front of a jury. | 更多受害的年轻妈妈们一起上庭 |
[33:13] | Can they do that? | 他们能这样做吗 |
[33:14] | I assure you that’s exactly what we’ll do. | 我保证我们会这样做 |
[33:16] | We’ll pull out all the stops, Mr. Sanville, | 我们会竭尽所能的 萨维尔先生 |
[33:18] | and Socal will be forced to pay millions in damages | 贵公司将支出好几百万 |
[33:20] | to the pregnant women you’ve fired. | 赔偿给所有被你解雇的怀孕女性 |
[33:22] | Or you can rehire Mei. It’s up to you. | 或者选择重新雇佣梅 你们看着办吧 |
[33:42] | Susan. | 苏珊 |
[33:44] | They told me you gonna stop by. | 他们告诉我你会顺道来访 |
[33:46] | Ravishing, as always. | 你还是这么漂亮 |
[33:47] | Ladies, it’s a pleasure to see you both again. | 两位小姐 很高兴再次见到你们 |
[33:50] | Oh. Oh, here. Open it. It’s for you. | 对了 这儿 打开看看 给你的 |
[33:54] | Just a little victory gift. | 庆祝胜利的小礼物 |
[33:56] | Cliff is gonna thank me. | 克里夫会很感激我的 |
[33:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:01] | You’re going to settle this suit. | 你还是得应对这场官司 |
[34:03] | What? Those two said that she had no claim. | 什么 她们说她没有起诉我 |
[34:05] | For sexual harassment? No. | 以性骚扰罪名吗 不对 |
[34:07] | We believe Ms. Kahn was having an emotional response | 我们相信卡恩小姐 |
[34:09] | to the corporate culture you’ve created. | 是对你营造的企业文化感到反感 |
[34:10] | Bottom line — | 总之 |
[34:11] | you’re guilty of consistent and sustained sexual discrimination. | 你将因长期以来一贯的性别歧视而获罪 |
[34:15] | What? Wait, Rhazia said this? | 什么 慢着 拉兹亚说的吗 |
[34:17] | – Not yet, no. – Then — | -暂时 还没有 -那么 |
[34:18] | Robin, you need her to go away happy. | 罗宾 你得让她愉快地离开 |
[34:21] | If she figures out what you’ve been doing | 如果她想清楚了你的所作所为 |
[34:23] | and makes a stink about it, she could destroy | 然后到处败坏你的名声 她能毁了 |
[34:26] | American lingerie and you personally. | 这家公司和你个人 |
[34:29] | This is ridiculous. | 这太可笑了 |
[34:30] | I’ve never intended to keep | 我从没想让我公司里的 |
[34:31] | any of the women in my company down. | 任何一个女士失望 |
[34:33] | Well, your actual intentions | 你的真正想法 |
[34:34] | are a matter for you and your therapist. | 是你和你的私人治疗师的事情 |
[34:36] | However, as proven by this incredibly | 但你送我的这件不可思议 |
[34:39] | inappropriate gift to me, | 又不合时宜的礼物就是最好的证明 |
[34:43] | your pattern of conduct will be clear to any court of law. | 你的行为模式一上法庭就无所遁形了 |
[34:45] | So you’re going to settle, you’re going to change, | 所以你得采取措施 得做出改变 |
[34:47] | and you’re going to stop sending underwear to my lawyers, | 而且你也不准再送内衣给我的律师了 |
[34:50] | Because while it may not be actionable, | 因为即使不构成诉讼条件 |
[34:53] | It’s ugly — and obvious. | 这也很难看 而且很无趣 |
[34:58] | You are my hero. | 你酷毙了 |
[35:07] | Hey, I heard the sexual-harassment case got settled. | 我听说那个性骚扰的案子解决了 |
[35:09] | Yeah, thanks to Susan. That woman is amazing. | 没错 多亏了苏珊 她太厉害了 |
[35:12] | One day, I will have her mad skills. | 总有一天我也要学会她的手段 |
[35:13] | You got some pretty mad skills of your own. | 你也有你自己的疯狂手段 |
[35:16] | Powell vs. Bunn? | 比如鲍威尔与布恩的事 |
[35:17] | It worked? They’re not gonna suspend Eric? | 奏效了吗 他们不会让艾瑞克停学了吗 |
[35:19] | She’s not. Thank you, Addy. | 没错 谢谢你 艾迪 |
[35:21] | I’m just so happy they lifted the suspension | 我真高兴他们撤销了停学通告 |
[35:24] | ’cause he’s really an awesome kid. | 他真的是个很不错的孩子 |
[35:26] | Me too. He is. | 我也很高兴 他的确很不错 |
[35:29] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[35:31] | What if I’m not enough? | 如果我不够好怎么办 |
[35:31] | I mean, I know how to be a brother. | 我是说 我知道怎么做哥哥 |
[35:33] | I just don’t know how to be the guardians. | 但我不知道怎么做好监护人 |
[35:35] | With everything you two have been through, | 你们俩经历过这么多 |
[35:36] | I think you’re doing it. | 我想你已经渐渐学会了 |
[35:37] | And I think he thinks so, too. | 我想他也是这么认为的 |
[35:38] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[35:40] | Except for the cooking. | 除了做饭 |
[35:41] | I thk he thinks you suck at cooking. | 他肯定觉得你做饭很不在行 |
[35:42] | He did not play the “Poor me, | 他不会是使出了”我好可怜 |
[35:44] | Malcolm doesn’t feed me” card? | 马尔科姆不给我吃的”的戏码吧 |
[35:45] | That kid loves cereal for dinner. | 那孩子很喜欢晚餐吃燕麦粥的 |
[35:47] | Yeah. I think he’s just being nice. | 是啊 我想他只是不想打击你 |
[35:49] | Well, why don’t you come by tonight, | 不如你今晚过来 |
[35:50] | and we’ll cook you dinner to thank you? | 我们准备晚餐来感谢你 怎么样 |
[35:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:53] | I swear — nothing with a prize in it. | 我发誓 绝对没别的意思 |
[35:58] | That guy was always such a jackass. | 那家伙是个十足的混蛋 |
[36:00] | I hope you set him on the right path. | 我希望你能把他带入正道 |
[36:02] | I threw a body stocking at him. | 我把连袜内衣扔在他脸上了 |
[36:04] | It was very gratifying. | 这让人非常有满足感 |
[36:06] | So, uh… | 那么 |
[36:09] | This job offer — | 关于挖墙脚 |
[36:10] | Oh, come on, Hart. I didn’t go looking for it. | 拜托 哈特 并不是我主动找上门去的 |
[36:13] | I’m sure you didn’t. | 我知道你没有 |
[36:15] | But come on, let’s be honest now. | 不过 我们坦诚一点 |
[36:16] | It’s different this time, right? | 这次不太一样 不是吗 |
[36:17] | You’re actually considering it — | 你确实有在考虑 |
[36:19] | and partly because of the situation with Cliff. | 当然有一部分原因跟克里夫有关 |
[36:22] | It’s hard for me around here, okay? | 我在这里真的很难熬 好吗 |
[36:25] | What do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎么做呢 |
[36:28] | – Just let it slide? – No, no, no. | -顺其自然吗 -不不不 |
[36:29] | I don’t know what to tell you to do. | 我不知道要让你怎么做 |
[36:31] | Um…but I will say that I-I think he’s trying. | 不过我想说 我觉得他在努力 |
[36:35] | I mean, bringing you this Reynolds thing — | 比如 把雷诺兹的案子交给你 |
[36:37] | To be honest, when he started to talk to me | 说实话 当他跟我谈论 |
[36:39] | about the problems at American lingerie, | 那家公司的问题时 |
[36:40] | I didn’t know if he was talking about the case or himself. | 我甚至不知道他是在说案子 还是说他自己 |
[36:43] | Yeah, that’s Cliff. | 是啊 克里夫向来如此 |
[36:45] | But I do think you need to air it out, Susan. | 我认为你还是应该开诚布公 苏珊 |
[36:48] | Talk to him. | 好好跟他谈谈 |
[36:49] | Then you’ll know whether you’re gonna leave him | 然后你才能知道你是要离开他 |
[36:51] | or — or forgive him or whatever you decide. | 还是原谅他 还是其他的决定 |
[36:54] | And you’ll know that you stood in there, | 然后你会知道 自己曾站定在那里 |
[36:56] | and you took a full swing at it. | 挥出了全力的一击 |
[36:57] | God, I love it when you start with the baseball metaphors. | 靠 我”爱死”你的棒球术语暗喻了 |
[37:00] | I’m so sorry. | 不好意思啊 |
[37:02] | Look, bottom line is, | 听着 总而言之 |
[37:04] | if you don’t confront it, it’s not fair to him. | 如果你不去面对 对他不公平 |
[37:09] | Okay, you’re not being fair to yourself. | 好吧 对你自己也不公平 |
[37:12] | And as mercenary as it sounds, | 再唯利是图一点 |
[37:15] | you’re not being fair to the firm. | 对公司也不公平 |
[37:29] | I made Lasagna. | 我做了千层面 |
[37:31] | We’re supposed to make you dinner. | 说好由我们来做晚餐的 |
[37:33] | Does that involve a box, a can, or ordering in? | 是指盒饭 罐头或外卖吗 |
[37:35] | What kind of Lasagna? | 什么口味的千层面 |
[37:40] | – Addy? – Eric! | -艾迪 -艾瑞克 |
[37:41] | Something smells good. | 好香啊 |
[37:42] | Here, put this in the oven for a little bit. | 把这个拿去烤一下 |
[37:44] | 350 degrees. | 设在350度 |
[37:45] | We get to use the oven? Awesome. | 我们终于要用到烤箱了吗 帅 |
[37:54] | So… | 那么 |
[37:57] | You invited me over. You gonna invite me in? | 请我过来却不请我进去吗 |
[38:04] | He just eats and eats. | 他不停地吃啊吃的 |
[38:06] | He takes after his father. | 他真像他爸爸 |
[38:10] | The doctor says we can leave in the morning. | 医生说我们早上就能出院了 |
[38:15] | Well, it’ll be a short trip for both of you. | 对你们俩来说都只是一小段旅程 |
[38:19] | Socal settled. | 南加州混凝土公司妥协了 |
[38:20] | They agreed to our terms. | 他们接受了我们的条件 |
[38:21] | You can stay in America. | 你可以留在美国了 |
[38:25] | Honey, that’s great. | 亲爱的 太好了 |
[38:26] | You’ll be employed by Socal till the private bill passes. | 你会被重新录用直到法案通过 |
[38:28] | Shouldn’t take more than six months. | 不会超过6个月的 |
[38:30] | I don’t know what to say, but thank you. | 我不知道要说什么才好 太谢谢你了 |
[38:33] | Oh, well, make sure you thank this young man. | 你应该好好谢谢这个年轻人 |
[38:35] | – He did all the work. – You kept our family together. | -都是他的功劳 -你让我们家庭能够团聚 |
[38:39] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -非常感谢 -没关系 |
[38:41] | Mr. Hewitt, would you like to hold Christopher? | 赫威特先生 想抱抱克里斯托夫吗 |
[38:45] | Nicely done. | 做得好 |
[38:48] | He looks like you. | 他跟你长得很像 |
[38:51] | Hello, buddy? | 你好 小家伙 |
[39:11] | Hey, I’m glad you’re still here. | 很高兴你还在这儿 |
[39:13] | Uh, there’s something I wanted to share with you. | 我有样东西想跟你分享 |
[39:16] | Let me guess. It’s either a boomerang or a vegemite sandwich. | 我猜猜 是回旋镖还是蔬菜三明治 |
[39:19] | No, no. It’s…different. | 不不 不太一样 |
[39:24] | Look, I’m a guy. | 听着 我是个男人 |
[39:25] | And as such, my love of sex | 对我来说 有时候 |
[39:29] | sometimes gets in the way of, let’s say, everything. | 对性的热衷阻碍了一切 |
[39:33] | But the thing is, I really care about you — | 可关键是 我真的很在乎你 |
[39:36] | the real you. | 真正的你 |
[39:38] | The naked inside you. | 内在的你 |
[39:42] | – Okay. Still listening. – I wrote you a poem. | -好吧 我听着呢 -我为你写了首诗 |
[39:45] | – Oh, god, No. No poems. – Then I set it to music. | -上帝 不要诗歌 -我还安排了配乐 |
[39:50] | It’s all right. Just go with it. | 没关系 听听看就好 |
[39:55] | Where I come from, | 不要问我从哪里来 |
[39:57] | the water swirls the wrong way down the loo. | 我的故乡在远方 |
[40:00] | The men are brave and seldom shave. | 男人是勇敢的 而且很少刮胡子 |
[40:02] | The women never do. | 女人则永远不会这样 |
[40:04] | From this strange and sun-scorched land, | 从这片奇异的焦土上 |
[40:06] | I sojourned to L.A. | 我旅居至洛杉矶 |
[40:08] | Stranger still, | 独在异乡为异客 |
[40:10] | I meet a girl who takes my breath away. | 我却遇到了令我钟情的女孩 |
[40:12] | And instantly, I know she’s worth | 一见倾心的瞬间 我便知道 |
[40:15] | each risk that lies ahead. | 她值得我为她赴汤蹈火 |
[40:17] | Her calm and comfort coming to my frightened foreign bed. | 她的淡定和悠闲让我受宠若惊 |
[40:22] | I’m full of pain and full of faults. | 我很痛苦 却总是犯错 |
[40:25] | We know this to be true. | 我们知道这是事实 |
[40:27] | But all that’s brute and odd in me | 但我内心的野蛮与古怪 |
[40:30] | is redeemed in you. | 得到了你的救赎 |