英文名称:Chained for Life
年代:2018
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | KKKwn\h\h\hkaxnh\h\h\h\hkingcc\h\h\h\h01Iris | 翻\h譯 |
[00:29] | 通常來說 演員會比普通人更好看 爲什麼不呢 | |
[00:41] | 美麗是演員最大的財富 它給予演員以更廣的表演範圍和更大的可能性 | |
[00:55] | 漂亮的演員有先天的優勢 因爲我們都喜歡好看的臉蛋 | |
[01:28] | 人生\h \h束縛 | |
[02:56] | Line. | 臺詞 |
[02:57] | She thinks she’s fooling us | 她以爲她可以 |
[02:59] | with those sad, little eyes. | 用悲傷的小眼睛愚弄我們 |
[03:01] | But she’s just like the others. | 但她沒什麼不同 |
[03:03] | Fear and pity. | 恐懼又令人憐憫 |
[03:04] | She’ll betray us in the end. | 她終會背叛我們 |
[03:07] | Her hair is not even really blonde. | 她連金髮都是染的 |
[03:50] | …since the time of our earliest ancestors, | 從我們的祖先開始 |
[03:54] | an innate and essentially human impulse. | 就有一種原始且本能的衝動 |
[03:57] | This very quality is what separates man from beast. | 正是這種品質使人區別於禽獸 |
[04:02] | It is a manifestation of our inherent desire | 它就是我們對於秩序 對稱 |
[04:05] | for order, for symmetry, for beauty. | 和美的內在渴望 |
[04:13] | That’s it, that’s it. | 沒錯 就是這樣 |
[04:21] | Oh, gentle. | 慢慢來 |
[04:25] | Doctor! | 醫生 |
[04:39] | Freda! | 芙蕾達 |
[04:41] | Are you injured? | 受傷了嗎 |
[04:43] | I’ll get Brutto. | 我去叫布魯托 |
[04:45] | No, no, you can go. I’ll see to it myself. | 不 不 你走吧 我自己來 |
[04:48] | – Let me speak with Freda alone. – But, the patient. | -我要和芙蕾達單獨說幾句 -還有病人呢 |
[04:51] | – Never mind that. – But, Doctor… | -沒事的 -但是 醫生 |
[04:53] | Thank you, Olga. | 謝了 奧爾加 |
[04:55] | Yes, Doctor, I’ll be waiting. | 好的 醫生 我去等着 |
[05:01] | Freda, my dear. I warned you to stay in your quarters. | 我親愛的芙蕾達 我告訴你要待在房間裏 |
[05:06] | These patients have very serious diseases. | 這些病人都有很嚴重的病 |
[05:08] | They are highly contagious. | 傳染性很強的 |
[05:09] | If anything ever were to happen to you… | 你要是有個三長兩短 |
[05:16] | That sounded like a real gun. | 聽起來像是真的槍聲 |
[05:18] | Is everyone okay? What happened? | 都還好嗎 出什麼事了 |
[05:20] | – Cut! – Cut. | -停 -停 |
[05:22] | I think there are hunters out there. | 我覺得外面有獵人 |
[05:25] | If anything ever were to happen to you, | 你要是有個三長兩短 |
[05:27] | I’d never forgive myself. | 我不會原諒自己的 |
[05:29] | – My hero, Max. – Yeah, well. | -我的英雄 馬克斯 -沒錯 |
[05:34] | – Excuse me, who’s in charge here? – Not me. | -不好意思 誰是負責人 -不是我 |
[05:36] | – Who is? – Try Tetrallini. | -那誰是 -去找特特拉利尼 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1487个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:284个,六级词汇:148个,GRE词汇:151个,托福词汇:224个,考研词汇:306个,专四词汇:254个,专八词汇:45个, 所有生词标注共:561个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:38] | No, this one is imperfect. | 不行 這個不完美 |
[05:42] | Yes, we will use this one. | 好 這個可以 |
[05:44] | – Excuse me. – No, out. | -打擾一下 -不行 過 |
[05:47] | – Ma’am? – Yes, this one is perfect. | -女士 -好 這個完美 |
[05:49] | No, take this one away. | 不行 拿走 |
[05:51] | Ma’am, you need to move your trucks. | 女士 你得挪一下你的卡車 |
[05:52] | They’re blocking our driveway. | 它們擋着路了 |
[05:54] | Who can I speak to about that? Who’s in charge here? | 我要找誰反映這個問題 誰是管事的 |
[05:56] | Excuse me, who should I speak to about moving the trucks? | 不好意思 我該找誰說挪車的事 |
[05:58] | You need to talk to Tetrallini about that. | 這你得和特特拉利尼說 |
[05:58] | I need you to move them right now. | 你們必須馬上挪車 |
[06:02] | It’s got an all-child cast. I thought it was all dwarves. | 演員全是兒童 我還以爲都是矮子 |
[06:05] | All children are dwarves, Aristotle said that. | 亞里士多德說過 所有小孩都是矮子 |
[06:05] | Excuse me. Your trucks are blocking our driveway. | 打擾一下 你們的卡車擋着路了 |
[06:08] | They need to move right now. | 你們必須立馬挪開 |
[06:10] | Excuse me, can you help me with this? | 不好意思 能幫幫我嗎 |
[06:12] | Zach? | 扎克 |
[06:12] | – Just ask who you wanna ask… – Zach, Zach, Zach. | -你想問誰就問誰 -扎克 扎克 扎克 |
[06:14] | …but just make sure you… | 但要確保你 |
[06:16] | Do the extras have dietary restrictions? | 羣衆演員有飲食禁忌嗎 |
[06:18] | Thanks. | 多謝 |
[06:19] | – I was told iceberg lettuce… – Tetrallini? | -我聽說捲心萵苣 -特特拉利尼 |
[06:22] | Oh, excuse me. Sorry. Is this the camera you’re shooting with? | 打擾一下 這是你用來拍攝的相機嗎 |
[06:25] | – Yeah, crazy, right? – That’s tiny. | -對 很小 對吧 -太袖珍了 |
[06:27] | Yeah, they just keep getting smaller and smaller, these days. | 對啊 相機的體積越來越小了 |
[06:29] | It’s really all about the lens, though. | 真正重要的是鏡頭 |
[06:31] | I could talk to you about that if you want. | 你要是想知道我可以和你講講 |
[06:32] | – Sarah Wagner! – Yeah. | -莎拉·瓦格納 -是我 |
[06:34] | – I’m Joan Beckett. – Hi. | -我是瓊·貝克特 -你好 |
[06:36] | – I’m here to interview Mabel. – Tetrallini? | -我是來採訪梅布爾的 -特特拉利尼 |
[06:37] | Oh, great to meet you. | 很榮幸見到你 |
[06:38] | – Are you Tetrallini? – We just talked about that. | -你是特特拉利尼嗎 -我們剛剛談過 |
[06:40] | Have you seen Mabel? | 你有見到梅布爾嗎 |
[06:41] | No, you could talk to Molly. | 沒有 你可以問問莫利 |
[06:43] | Okay, thank you. I’m a huge fan! | 好 謝謝 我是你的粉絲 |
[06:45] | – Oh, thank you. – Tetrallini? | -謝謝 -特特拉利尼 |
[06:47] | – We wait in long line for loaf of bread. – Is Tetrallini | -我們排着長隊買麪包 -特特拉利尼 |
[06:50] | a man or a woman? | 是男還是女的 |
[06:52] | I always wanted one, but it’s such a serious commitment. | 我一直想要紋一個 但無法下決心 |
[06:55] | Marked for life. | 一輩子的標記 |
[06:57] | How do you think of a symbol | 你覺得紋一個 |
[06:58] | that’s completely unique to you | 獨一無二的 |
[07:00] | and perfectly expresses your individuality, | 能完美表達你個性的圖案 |
[07:03] | like a barcode or something? | 比如條形碼之類的怎麼樣 |
[07:05] | My father says tattoos are an insult to God. | 我父親說紋身是對上帝無禮 |
[07:07] | Now, how would the tattooed lady feel about that? | 那個紋了身的女士會怎麼想呢 |
[07:10] | Is there gonna be a tattooed lady? | 會有紋了身的女士嗎 |
[07:12] | We’ll find out tomorrow. | 明天就知道了 |
[07:13] | Tomorrow. | 明天啊 |
[07:15] | I wonder if there’ll be a bearded lady. | 我想知道有沒有長鬍子的女士 |
[07:17] | If not, I could play the part. | 如果沒有 那我算一個了 |
[07:19] | Oh God, me too. | 天啊 我也是 |
[07:21] | You? I don’t see anything suspicious. | 你也有嗎 我沒看到啊 |
[07:23] | Look, look. | 看 仔細點 |
[07:25] | No, that’s like wispy silk down. I’m an ape woman. | 不 你這是絲絨一樣 我就像猿猴毛 |
[07:28] | – As you obviously know. – I’ve plucked much worse. | -你肯定知道 -我拔過更嚴重的 |
[07:32] | Who? | 誰啊 |
[07:33] | Code of silence. | 我纔不說 |
[07:35] | Ah, I guess that’s good. I can trust you. | 也挺好的 說明我能信任你 |
[07:37] | Mabel, I wanted to introduce you to Ms Bechdel. | 梅布爾 請容我把你介紹給貝希德爾女士 |
[07:39] | – Beckett, Joan Beckett. – Mabel. | -貝克特 瓊·貝克特 -我是梅布爾 |
[07:42] | – Nice to meet you. – Ms. Beckett, I’m sorry. | -很榮幸見到你 -貝克特女士 不好意思 |
[07:44] | She’s writing the article. | 她在寫報道 |
[07:46] | I’ll talk to you at the hotel. I don’t want to bother you now. | 等你回到旅館再談吧 我不想打擾你 |
[07:49] | Oh, that’s all right. We’re just comparing facial hair. | 沒事的 我們在聊誰鬍子多的事 |
[07:52] | I have you all beat. | 那我是冠軍了 |
[07:54] | I don’t know. You have stiff competition. | 不好說 競爭很激烈的 |
[07:56] | – Molly, how’s your beard? – Oh, electrolysis. | -莫利 你怎麼處理的 -電解脫毛 |
[07:58] | Best eleven hundred bucks I ever spent. | 那是我花的最值的1100美元 |
[08:00] | Really? Eleven hundred? | 真的嗎 花了1100 |
[08:02] | They do that here, I think, in the other wing. | 這裏好像就有提供這種脫毛的 在另一側 |
[08:04] | Female facial hair is making a comeback. | 女士有鬍子馬上就又流行了 |
[08:07] | I doubt that. | 值得懷疑 |
[08:08] | – Do you regret it now, Molly? – No. | -莫利 你後悔了嗎 -纔不 |
[08:10] | It’s true. Armpit hair, short hair, Afros, eyeglasses. | 說真的 腋毛 短髮 非洲式髮型 眼鏡 |
[08:14] | These things go in phases. | 都是分階段流行的 |
[08:15] | – Scars are kind of a thing now. – Joaquin Phoenix. | -傷疤現在很流行 -因爲傑昆·菲尼克斯 |
[08:18] | Even small breasts had a brief moment in history. | 即使是貧乳也有過短暫的流行史 |
[08:20] | I must’ve missed that one. | 那我肯定是錯過了 |
[08:22] | What about you, Michelle? You need any work done? | 你呢 米歇爾 你要做點什麼 |
[08:25] | No, she’s perfect. | 她不需要 很完美了 |
[08:39] | – Cut. – Cut! | -停 -停 |
[08:41] | Try it again, | 再來一遍 |
[08:42] | but moving away from the girl. | 但這次要從近景到遠景 |
[08:45] | It’d be more effective as she becomes dwarfed | 讓她被這些孤獨的人嚇到 |
[08:47] | by these lonely sh… | 會更好 |
[09:05] | – Cut. – Cut! | -停 -停 |
[09:06] | I guess so, um… | 應該吧 |
[09:08] | Although, I don’t make those distinctions. | 儘管我從不區分這些 |
[09:11] | Well, there’s always some distinction, | 但 例如在工作條件上 |
[09:13] | in the working conditions, for instance. | 總是有區別的 |
[09:17] | Okay, yeah, well, on a film like this, you kinda slum it. | 好吧 像這部電影裏 條件就像貧民窟 |
[09:20] | But, um, I think that’s part of the appeal. | 但我覺得這纔是吸引人的 |
[09:23] | Like, the beauty is that it’s more challenging, | 好就好在更有挑戰性 |
[09:26] | physically, mentally and, um, | 無論是在生理 心理 還是 |
[09:30] | also I’m just a huge fan of the director. | 並且我還是導演的粉絲 |
[09:32] | It’s his first American film. | 這是他的第一部美國電影 |
[09:34] | Yeah, but it still retains a kind of European sensibility, | 對 但他仍保留了一些歐洲元素 |
[09:38] | which is one thing I love. | 這是我很喜歡的 |
[09:40] | Um… And I don’t get cast in the mega-movie things anyway, so… | 反正我也沒什麼機會拍更大的電影 |
[09:44] | I’m not the type. | 我算不上是那種演員 |
[09:45] | You’re being modest. You’re very beautiful. | 你太謙虛了 你很美 |
[09:48] | – Thank you, but… – Since we’re on the topic, | -謝謝 但是 -既然咱們聊到了這個 |
[09:51] | there are some bold casting choices in this film. | 這部電影裏有些很大膽的選角 |
[09:59] | I guess. | 我想是的 |
[10:01] | Do you have any reservations about it? | 你對此有什麼意見想法嗎 |
[10:05] | Reservations, like how? | 什麼樣的意見 |
[10:08] | Um, I don’t know. Do you feel, for example, | 我也不好說 比如說你有沒有覺得 |
[10:12] | this film might be considered exploitative? | 這部電影是有剝削性的 |
[10:17] | You know, I think that’s up to the director. | 其實這取決於導演 |
[10:20] | It’s in the script. Have you read it? | 劇本里有說 你讀劇本了嗎 |
[10:22] | No. | 沒有 |
[10:23] | I think this is something he relates to. | 我覺得他能對此有共鳴 |
[10:26] | He had very serious asthma, or something like that, as a child. | 他小時候得了很嚴重的哮喘 或類似的病 |
[10:30] | And so I think it’s a very personal, like, sad tale. | 所以我覺得這是很隱私很悲傷的故事 |
[10:34] | And he said he grew up in the circus, but I think he exaggerates. | 他還說他在馬戲團長大 我覺得太誇張了 |
[10:39] | Playing a blind woman must be challenging. | 飾演盲女是很有挑戰性的 |
[10:42] | Mm, but that’s the job, right? | 但 這就是工作啊 |
[10:46] | Acting is acting. | 表演就是表演 |
[10:48] | Like, um, Orson Welles, who’s white, | 就比如 奧森·威爾斯是白人 |
[10:51] | can play Othello, who’s black, obviously. | 他可以扮演奧賽羅中的黑人角色 |
[10:53] | But, then, he can also turn around and be, um, the other… | 但緊接着 他還可以去扮演另一個角色 |
[10:57] | – Iago. – Iago, right, if he wanted. | -埃古 -對 埃古 只要他願意 |
[10:59] | Um, Daniel Day-Lewis, such a gifted actor, | 還有丹尼爾·戴·劉易斯 多有天賦的演員 |
[11:02] | he can play, he played a hopeless cripple, | 他可以飾演 演過一個絕望的瘸子 |
[11:05] | and then he turned around and played a great American president. | 然後一轉頭就扮演了偉大的美國總統 |
[11:09] | So… | 所以 |
[11:10] | That’s a challenge. | 這就是挑戰 |
[11:12] | But blindness, it’s also not a totally foreign concept, | 但是失明 並不是個完全陌生的概念 |
[11:18] | because, you know, blindness is an illness, | 因爲失明可以是一種病 |
[11:21] | but it’s also a metaphor, right. | 也可以是一種暗喻 對吧 |
[11:25] | We’re all blind in certain ways. | 我們在某些方面 就如同盲人 |
[11:28] | We’re, like, blind to our own best interests | 我們總是 對自己的利益視而不見 |
[11:31] | or blind to the suffering of others. | 或是對他人的痛苦不予理睬 |
[11:34] | And I think that blind people, | 我認爲盲人們 |
[11:37] | um, they feel shut, | 會覺得很孤獨封閉 |
[11:41] | they feel excluded from, yeah, | 會感覺被衆人排擠 對 |
[11:44] | and I certainly relate to that. | 我是有同感的 |
[11:46] | I’m sure you do, too. | 我想你也是 |
[11:47] | Sure. | 沒錯 |
[11:49] | Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow. | 明天 再明天 再明天 |
[11:53] | Well, that’s from that, uh, it’s from a musical, right? | 這是那部音樂劇的臺詞 對吧 |
[11:56] | – It’s the little rich orphan kid. – What? No. | -那個有錢的孤兒說的 -什麼 不是 |
[11:59] | Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, | 明天 再明天 再明天 |
[12:03] | Creeps in this petty pace from day to day. | 每天都以微小的步伐往前爬 |
[12:08] | – Doesn’t ring a bell, man. – Everybody knows this. | -一點也不耳熟 朋友 -是個人就知道 |
[12:11] | Are you sure it’s not about a rich orphan? | 你確定不是跟有錢的孤兒有關嗎 |
[12:15] | Well, kind of. | 好吧 差不多 |
[12:17] | – It’s got an all-black cast. – American film? | -演員全是黑人 -美國電影嗎 |
[12:19] | Are you fucking kidding me? First, the tattoos, | 你在逗我嗎 首先 是紋身的問題 |
[12:22] | then the mask is a week late… | 再者 面具晚了一週 |
[12:26] | I have a concern. Maybe I’m just not getting it. | 想問個問題 我就是想不明白 |
[12:28] | One moment, Mabel. | 等一下 梅布爾 |
[12:31] | Um, I was just thinking about the beauty of eyes, | 我在想關於眼睛的美 |
[12:35] | or the measure of their beauty, | 或者說發現美的方式 |
[12:37] | and it’s not their shape. | 並不是指眼睛的形狀 |
[12:39] | – Can you tell by touching them? – What are you talking about? | -你能摸得出來美嗎 -你在說啥呢 |
[12:42] | – When she feels his face. – Who does, whose face? | -當她撫摸他的臉時 -誰摸 摸誰的臉 |
[12:45] | – Freda touches Rosenthal’s face. – And? | -芙蕾達去摸羅森薩爾的臉 -然後呢 |
[12:48] | Well, can she tell by touching his face | 她能通過摸他的臉就感受出 |
[12:49] | that he has beautiful eyes? | 他有一雙美麗的眼睛嗎 |
[12:52] | Why are you bringing this to me now? | 你爲什麼現在跟我說 |
[12:54] | Well, I was just thinking about it, and… | 我只是在想這件事 |
[12:58] | – It doesn’t make sense. – Sure, it does. | -覺得根本不合理 -當然合理 |
[13:01] | But eyes are, like, moist, and | 但是 比如溼潤的眼睛 |
[13:05] | I don’t think he wants her poking… | 我不認爲他想讓她戳 |
[13:07] | She is not meant to be sticking her fingers into his eye socket. | 她不是要把手指頭戳進他的眼眶裏 |
[13:09] | Yeah, I know, I know. But, um… | 是的 我知道 我知道 但是 |
[13:12] | Aren’t eyes, like, all the same shape? | 眼睛不都是一樣的形狀嗎 |
[13:15] | I don’t know that that’s true. | 這個我倒是不知道 |
[13:17] | And I don’t see how you can just make a statement like that. | 我不知道你爲什麼會這麼說 |
[13:20] | Can you touch a person’s eyes | 你能通過摸一個人的眼睛 |
[13:21] | and tell me if they’re beautiful or… | 來判斷它們是漂亮的還是 |
[13:23] | Monstrous? | 畸形嗎 |
[13:24] | Me, maybe no, but I’m not a blind. | 我 也許不行 但我不是盲人 |
[13:26] | I don’t read Braille. I don’t have superhuman musical abilities. | 我讀不懂盲文 我沒有過人的音樂天賦 |
[13:30] | But Freda… | 但是芙蕾達 |
[13:31] | Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. | 情人眼裏出西施 |
[13:33] | – Disagree. – Even if it is… | -不同意 -就算是 |
[13:35] | It isn’t. | 不是 |
[13:36] | But eyes are, like, considered beautiful, ’cause of their colour, | 但是要說眼睛是否漂亮 是根據顏色 |
[13:40] | or maybe it’s their placement, | 或者是處於臉上的位置 |
[13:42] | but it’s not the way they physically feel. | 但不是依據人觸摸的感覺 |
[13:45] | You’re saying that as someone who has sight. | 你說的是一個能看見的人 |
[13:47] | – As a seeing woman. – You’re not thinking like Freda. | -會這麼想 -你沒有像芙蕾達一樣思考 |
[13:50] | Vanessa, the script! | 瓦妮莎 劇本 |
[13:51] | At this ungodly hour. | 都這個點了 |
[13:53] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:55] | – Here. – Read it. | -這裏 -讀一下 |
[13:59] | I have, “rosenthal”. | 這裏 羅森薩爾 |
[14:02] | – Page? – 118. | -頁數 -118 |
[14:06] | So it’s “ROSENTHAL: ‘Please, no, don’t.’ | 羅森薩爾說 “別這樣” |
[14:08] | – “FREDA” – “‘There is nothing to be afraid of.'” | -芙蕾達說 -“沒有什麼好怕的” |
[14:10] | “She places her hands on his face, | 她用手撫摸他的臉 |
[14:12] | “feeling the contours of his exaggerated features | 感受他誇張的五官輪廓 |
[14:14] | “but does so with a kind of tenderness. | 但帶着一種溫柔 |
[14:16] | “Rosenthal seems frightened | 羅森薩爾感覺有一絲害怕 |
[14:17] | “but also in a sense, grateful. | 但某種意義上 他很感激 |
[14:18] | “FREDA: ‘I think you’re beautiful.’ | 芙蕾達說 “我覺得你很美” |
[14:20] | “ROSENTHAL: ‘Me, beautiful?’ | 羅森薩爾說 “你是說我很美” |
[14:21] | “FREDA: ‘Especially your eyes. | 芙蕾達說 “尤其是你的眼睛 |
[14:23] | “‘You have such beautiful eyes.'” | 你有一雙漂亮的眼睛” |
[14:24] | “ROSENTHAL: ‘Why are you so kind to me?'” | 羅森薩爾說 “你爲什麼對我這麼好” |
[14:26] | – I don’t know, it doesn’t… – It’s not altogether logical, | -我不知道 這不 -並不是完全符合邏輯 |
[14:29] | but it has a kind of poetic truth. A rhapsodic truth. | 但是一種詩意的美 敘事詩的美 |
[14:34] | No, stop, don’t smile. | 別 別笑 |
[14:37] | – I never do. – It’s true. | -我從來不微笑 -是真的 |
[14:38] | It’s the best way to prevent wrinkles. | 這是防皺紋最好的方法 |
[14:40] | I was joking. I smile. Huh? | 我開玩笑的 我會微笑 |
[14:42] | Don’t! Stop it! You’re gonna ruin it. | 別 你會毀了它的 |
[14:44] | God, when does it stop hurting? | 天啊 什麼時候才能不疼 |
[14:46] | Oh, stop complaining. | 別抱怨啦 |
[14:48] | This isn’t even available to the public yet. | 這都還沒有對外售賣呢 |
[14:50] | You have to know somebody. | 你得有認識的人才行 |
[14:51] | – Who do you know? – Doctor Lichter. | -你認識誰 -利格特爾醫生 |
[14:54] | He lives in my mom’s building. | 他住在我媽的公寓裏 |
[14:55] | It’s the same guy who did Max’s hair. | 就是他給馬克斯做的髮型 |
[14:57] | – Max’s hair isn’t real? – I mean, it’s real. | -馬克斯的頭髮不是真的嗎 -是真的 |
[15:01] | It’s stem cells or something. | 是幹細胞什麼的 |
[15:02] | I don’t know, possibly his own. | 我不清楚 可能是他自己的 |
[15:04] | What an amazing time to be alive. | 真是活在一個神奇的時代 |
[15:09] | Look, you’re on TV. | 看 你上電視了 |
[15:10] | Jesus, everywhere I look, there I am. | 上帝啊 怎麼哪兒都有我 |
[15:13] | Got to get used to being seen, sometime. | 總是要習慣被看見的 |
[15:15] | I shall be saved by my husband. | 我丈夫將會拯救我 |
[15:16] | He hath made me a Christian. | 他使我成爲一個基督徒 |
[15:17] | Truly, the more to blame, he. | 就更是錯上加錯了 |
[15:19] | We were Christians enough before. | 我們已經有很多基督徒了 |
[15:21] | Even as many as could well live one by another. | 都到擠都擠不下的地步了 |
[15:24] | This making Christians will raise the price of hogs. | 弄出這麼多的基督徒會使豬肉價格猛漲的 |
[15:27] | Ugh, Shakespeare’s the worst. | 最討厭莎士比亞了 |
[15:29] | That’s the classiest thing I’ve ever done. | 這是我演過最經典的了 |
[15:31] | – Until now. – Well, we’ll see. | -是到現在爲止 -再說吧 |
[15:34] | All right, I’ve got to wash this off. | 我要去把這個洗掉了 |
[15:35] | – No, it’s working. – It’s burning. | -別 正在起效呢 -有灼燒感 |
[15:37] | – Burning is good. Give it time. – How much time? | -有灼燒感是好事 耐心等待 -等多久 |
[15:41] | Weeks, years, decades. | 數週 數年 數十年 |
[15:44] | I thought time was the enemy. | 我以爲時間就是敵人 |
[15:46] | Befriend the enemy. | 那就和敵人做朋友 |
[15:48] | How long have you been using it? | 你用這個多長時間了 |
[15:51] | Two days. | 2天 |
[15:52] | Oh, your commitment is truly astonishing. | 你的決心真讓人吃驚 |
[15:55] | You laugh now, but we’ll see who’s laughing in 30 years. | 你現在儘管笑 看看30年後是誰在笑 |
[15:58] | I never laugh, remember. | 我從不笑 記得嗎 |
[16:01] | I didn’t say that. I said you never smile. | 我可沒說過 我說的是你從不微笑 |
[16:13] | We have an update of a string of murders | 我們得到了關於一系列謀殺案的最新消息 |
[16:16] | that has the whole community living in fear. | 案件使整個社區都生活在恐懼之中 |
[16:18] | Now, police are seeking a man for questioning. | 警察正在尋找一位男性進行詢問 |
[16:20] | He’s described as having a mark on his face. | 據描述 他臉上有一處傷痕 |
[16:25] | He had these marks, or scars, kind of burned on his face. | 他臉上有一些傷痕 或是傷疤 像是燒傷 |
[16:30] | They were on, like, the left side. | 應該是在左臉上 |
[16:35] | – Thank you. – Well, no, actually, they were all over his face. | -謝謝 -不對 整張臉上都是 |
[16:37] | But there was just something really off about him. | 感覺他不太對勁 |
[16:39] | I think he likes you. | 我覺得他喜歡你 |
[16:40] | We’ll no doubt be hearing more about this as the case develops. | 隨着案情的發展 我們會報道更多的內容 |
[16:43] | In the meantime, please, keep your eyes open and remain alert. | 同時 希望大家睜大眼睛保持警惕 |
[16:43] | 警方正尋找一名”臉上有疤”的男子 當地人描述爲長相反常的嫌犯#有疤的男子 | |
[16:53] | I can’t believe it. | 不敢相信 |
[16:56] | I’ve never seen anything like that. | 我從沒見過這樣的事 |
[17:06] | You’re on television. | 你上電視了 |
[17:09] | I was hoping nobody would notice. | 我倒是希望沒人注意到呢 |
[17:11] | – It’s my early work. – Nonsense. | -這是我早期的作品 -胡說 |
[17:14] | Of course, if you were gonna do it faithfully, | 當然 假如是忠實地 |
[17:15] | as Shakespeare would’ve wanted it performed, | 按照莎士比亞的意思來表演 |
[17:19] | it’d be an all-male cast. | 演員會全部是男性 |
[17:22] | A modern interpretation. | 這是現代的解讀 |
[17:24] | Which I support. | 我支持 |
[17:26] | Did you know our director grew up in the circus? | 你知道我們的導演是在馬戲團里長大的嗎 |
[17:30] | I heard. | 我聽說了 |
[17:31] | When I was a boy, | 當我還是小男孩時 |
[17:34] | that was my dream. | 那是我的夢想 |
[17:35] | That’s a strange dream, I’d say. | 要我說 這個夢想挺奇怪的 |
[17:38] | An experience like that can really warp a man’s mind. | 那樣的經歷真的會扭曲一個人的思維 |
[17:41] | Maybe that’s why he’s a genius. | 也許這就是他天才的原因 |
[17:44] | What was your childhood dream? | 你小時候的夢想是什麼 |
[17:46] | Oh, it was to be a waitress. | 我想當服務員 |
[17:51] | Easily realised. | 很容易實現 |
[17:52] | Yeah, pretty sure that warped my mind. | 是啊 我很確定這扭曲了我的思維 |
[17:55] | But I would still prefer it to joining the circus. | 但我還是覺得參加馬戲團更好 |
[17:58] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[18:01] | – Never happened for me, though. – Poor Max. | -我從沒有實現過 -可憐的馬克斯 |
[18:05] | – What will you dream about tonight? – My dreams are lame. | -你今晚會做什麼夢 -我的夢都很沒勁 |
[18:09] | It’ll probably just be about going to work. | 可能就是去工作 |
[18:11] | I’ll be in it, then. | 那我就會出現在你夢裏了 |
[18:14] | I never remember my dreams. | 我從沒記住過我的夢 |
[18:16] | Shame. I never forget mine. | 可惜 我從沒忘掉過 |
[18:21] | Get good sleep. | 睡個好覺 |
[18:23] | Tomorrow, all your dreams may come true. | 明天 也許你的夢想就都實現了 |
[18:35] | Did you know Orson Welles… | 你知道嗎 奧森·威爾斯 |
[18:36] | You know, sideshows have been around in one form or another | 雜耍以各種形式存在 |
[18:38] | for hundreds of years, and people criticise them. | 已經有數百年了 但人們還是批判它們 |
[18:42] | What’s the Welles’ movie with the white Mexican? | 威爾斯拍的有墨西哥白人的電影叫什麼 |
[18:43] | ‘Cause people criticise the unknown. | 因爲人們批判不瞭解的事物 |
[18:44] | Touch of Evil, Charlton Heston. | 《歷劫佳人》 查爾頓·赫斯頓主演 |
[18:47] | Isn’t there a different one with a woman? | 有沒有另一部和女人拍的 |
[18:49] | A white Mexican woman? | 你是說墨西哥白人女性嗎 |
[18:50] | But, in reality, sideshows benefited people with disabilities | 現實是 雜耍可以幫助那些 |
[18:54] | who had no other means of supporting themselves. | 沒有其他謀生手段的殘疾人 |
[18:58] | Who’s gonna employ them in the 1930s, the president? | 誰會在20世紀30年代僱傭他們 總統嗎 |
[19:02] | – I’m gonna… – Nicole Kidman as an American? | -我要 -妮可·基德曼是美國人嗎 |
[19:06] | What is that drone? | 那個嗡嗡聲[無人機]是什麼 |
[19:09] | I think it’s a drone. | 我覺得就是個無人機 |
[19:20] | It is so good to meet… | 很開心見到 |
[19:23] | It is really nice to meet you. | 很高興見到你 |
[19:27] | I just have to wash my hands. | 我要洗一下手 |
[19:29] | It makes me uncomfortable, but I didn’t say anything. | 這讓我很不舒服 但我什麼都沒說 |
[19:37] | Yeah, and then Harry cleaned the notebooks. | 然後哈里清理了筆記本 |
[19:39] | No! Had something happened? | 不是吧 有出什麼事嗎 |
[20:05] | Oh! Oh, I’m, I’m sorry. | 對 對不起 |
[20:07] | No, I didn’t, um… | 我不 |
[20:08] | No, I didn’t know anyone was in here. I’m sorry. | 我不知道這裏有人 對不起 |
[20:10] | – My fault. – No, no, no, no, no. | -我的錯 -不不不 |
[20:11] | It’s not your fault. It’s not your fault at all. | 不是你的錯 不是你的錯 |
[20:13] | – Do you need help? – No, it’s just my medication. | -你需要幫助嗎 -不用 這只是我的藥物 |
[20:17] | – It’s my bad, sorry. – No, no. | -我的錯 抱歉 -沒有 沒有 |
[20:21] | Crafty’s down there. Holding is down there. | 道具組在那下面 倉庫在那下面 |
[20:22] | Restrooms are upstairs. Elevators are broken. | 洗手間在樓上 電梯壞了 |
[20:25] | This is Michelle, our fabulous make-up girl, | 這是米歇爾 我們美貌的化妝師 |
[20:27] | be nice to her. | 對她友善一些 |
[20:27] | – Are we doing make-up with them? – I don’t know. | -你要給他們化妝嗎 -我不知道 |
[20:29] | Mabel, where have you been hiding? | 梅布爾 你藏哪去了 |
[20:31] | You’ve got to meet Rosenthal. | 你一定要見見羅森薩爾 |
[20:37] | – Hi. Honored. It’s a pleasure. – Hi, yeah, nice to… | -我很榮幸 很高興見到你 -很高興見 |
[20:40] | – Mabel, wardrobe meeting. – We’ve got a movie on our hands. | -梅布爾 服裝會議 -我們要拍一部電影 |
[20:42] | Right this way, guys, your rooms are at the end of the hall. | 這邊走 你們的房間在大廳的盡頭 |
[20:44] | Don’t tell me, don’t tell me, Phrosa, | 別說 別提醒我 佛羅莎 |
[20:47] | Clementine, Nora, | 克萊門汀·諾拉 |
[20:50] | the Mozes twins, Eve and Miriam, that’s an easy one. | 莫茲雙胞胎 伊芙和米莉婭姆 這個簡單 |
[20:53] | Okay, everyone, you can grab a bed | 每個人 可以選一張牀 |
[20:56] | and get a toothbrush and a washcloth. | 取一個牙刷和一條毛巾 |
[20:59] | Okay, who’s been in a film before? | 誰之前拍過影片 |
[21:02] | – I have. – I’m sorry, a movie. | -我 -對不起 是電影 |
[21:03] | Who’s been in a movie before? Oh, I have. | -誰之前拍過電影 -我拍過 |
[21:05] | You have? What have you been in? | 你拍過 你拍過什麼電影 |
[21:07] | It was called Triumph of the Ill. | 叫《病魔的勝利》 |
[21:09] | Triumph of the Ill, that’s a great title. | 《病魔的勝利》是個好名字 |
[21:11] | – Yeah, it’s good. – I don’t think it ever came out. | -挺好的 -就沒上映過 |
[21:13] | Well, it happens. | 常有的事 |
[21:14] | You, Aristotle, have you been in a film before? | 亞里士多德 你之前拍過影片嗎 |
[21:17] | Er, one was called Life Unworthy of Life, | 一個叫《不值得的人生》 |
[21:20] | and the other, I think it was called Enemy of the Gods. | 另一個 我記得叫《衆神之敵》 |
[21:23] | – Uh, Gods’ Mistakes. – Yes, Gods’ Mistakes. | -《上帝的錯誤》 -對 《上帝的錯誤》 |
[21:25] | Enemy of the Gods was the German title: Feind der Götter. | 《衆神之敵》是德語名 《衆神之敵》[德語] |
[21:28] | – I think I saw that, actually. – How was it? | -我好像看過 -怎麼樣 |
[21:33] | Powerful. If it’s the one I’m thinking of. | 很有感染力 如果你說的是我想的那個 |
[21:38] | Max, you bring the doctors out here. | 馬克斯 你把醫生們帶到這裏 |
[21:41] | One doctor, out. | 一名醫生在外面 |
[21:42] | Yes, come forward, and you’ll see… Up! | 沒錯 往前來 然後你會看到 上來 |
[21:45] | You, up! Up! Do the walk. Do the walk. | 你 上來 上來 試一下走位 |
[21:49] | Now you see him, but you do not observe him. | 現在你看見他了 但不要觀察他 |
[21:53] | You’re still moving, still moving. | 你還在走 還在走 |
[21:55] | – “They turn away in horror.” – A little lower! | -他們驚恐地別開臉 -低一點 |
[21:59] | – “They taunt me.” – Lower, higher. | -他們嘲笑我 -低一點 高一點 |
[22:01] | “And beg me to show my face.” | 求我露出臉來 |
[22:03] | “Only, so that when I do, “they can turn away in horror.” | 等我真這麼做了 他們就會驚恐地別開臉 |
[22:08] | “They taunt me and beg me to show my face. | 他們嘲笑我 求我露出臉來 |
[22:12] | “Only so that when I do, they can turn away in horror.” | 等我真這麼做了 他們就會驚恐地別開臉 |
[22:18] | – “They taunt me…” – Hey, you’re all alone over here. | -他們嘲笑我 -嘿 你怎麼一個人在那兒 |
[22:21] | All this dialogue, it just goes on and on. | 這些對話 它們講個不停 |
[22:24] | I can’t remember it. | 我記不住 |
[22:26] | Oh, everyone’s nervous on their first day of a shoot. | 每個人第一次上鏡都會緊張的 |
[22:29] | I don’t want to mess this up. Our director’s intimidating. | 我不想把事情搞砸 我們導演挺嚇人的 |
[22:33] | You know, he’s not really. It’s his accent. | 他不嚇人 只是他的口音 |
[22:35] | It makes him sound like a villain. | 讓他聽起來像個壞人 |
[22:36] | But how am I possibly supposed to remember all these lines? | 但我怎麼可能記住那麼多臺詞 |
[22:41] | Lines are the easy part. | 臺詞還是簡單的 |
[22:43] | You’ve done this before, yeah? | 你以前演過吧 是嗎 |
[22:44] | If a school play counts, then sure. | 如果學校匯演算的話 那確實演過 |
[22:47] | Yeah, this is gonna be a piece of cake, then. | 對啊 這肯定是小菜一碟了 |
[22:51] | – Do you have representation? – Representation? | -你有代理人嗎 -代理人嗎 |
[22:54] | – Yeah. – No, not that I know of. | -對啊 -據我所知是沒有 |
[23:00] | Okay, so the first trick to learning your lines | 好吧 背好臺詞的第一要領 |
[23:02] | is to stop worrying. | 就是不要擔心 |
[23:04] | I’m on this medication. | 我在吃一種藥 |
[23:06] | It affects my memory or something. | 它會影響我的記憶之類的 |
[23:08] | Well, we’ll rehearse together, if you like. | 如果你願意 我們可以一起排練 |
[23:11] | Yeah, thank you. That’s very kind of you. | 當然 謝謝 感謝你的好意 |
[23:13] | I could pay you for lessons. | 我可以爲你的課程付費 |
[23:16] | No, I’d be a hopeless teacher. | 不用了 我會是一個糟糕的老師 |
[23:19] | I’m terrible with kids. | 我不擅長和孩子相處 |
[23:20] | Yeah, kids hate me, too. | 正好 小孩也都不喜歡我 |
[23:23] | – That’s ridiculous. – No, they’re genuinely terrified of me. | -不可能 -真的 他們真的很怕我 |
[23:28] | I think you’re paranoid, because | 我覺得你想多了 因爲 |
[23:29] | children are like mindless drones. | 小孩子是沒有自己的想法的 |
[23:32] | It’s probably that you’re afraid of them. | 可能是你有點害怕他們 |
[23:34] | Oh, absolutely afraid of them. | 說對了 我真的很怕小孩子 |
[23:36] | So you’re not… | 所以 你不是 |
[23:38] | – You’re not a father, then? – No! | -你不是一個父親嗎 -當然不是 |
[23:42] | Like, do you have a dog or a cat? | 那你 有養狗或者貓嗎 |
[23:45] | Er, no, they hate me, too. | 沒有 它們也不喜歡我 |
[23:46] | Dogs bark at me and cats tend to hiss at me. | 狗會對我吠 貓會對我嘶叫 |
[23:50] | All right, now I know you’re kidding. | 好了 你現在肯定是在開玩笑 |
[23:52] | No, anything below cat or dog, | 沒有 其他比貓狗更小的動物 |
[23:54] | snail, cockroach, plankton | 像蝸牛 蟑螂 甚至是浮游生物 |
[23:55] | they’re mildly indifferent to me. | 他們也都選擇無視我 |
[23:59] | You’re hilarious. | 你太幽默了 |
[24:00] | All right, I’m on to you. | 好吧 我懂你的意思了 |
[24:02] | I think you’re trying to lower my expectations | 我覺得你是在試圖降低我對你的期待值 |
[24:04] | so that you can run away with the movie | 然後你就可以在演電影的時候臨陣脫逃 |
[24:06] | and put me to shame. | 留我一個人羞愧難當 |
[24:07] | I’d need to learn my lines before I could do that. | 那我也得先記住臺詞才能那麼做啊 |
[24:10] | You wouldn’t be the first actor that didn’t know their lines. | 你不是第一個記不住臺詞的演員 |
[24:13] | But I’ll help you if you need it, | 但是如果你需要我可以幫你 |
[24:15] | which you don’t. | 但是你並不需要 |
[24:16] | You don’t seem convinced. | 你好像不太相信我的話 |
[24:22] | – What do you wanna know? – How to act. | -你想學什麼 -該怎麼表演 |
[24:25] | -That’s all. – Just start from the beginning. | -就這個嗎 -我想從頭開始學表演 |
[24:30] | -Hmm… Name an emotion. – An emotion? | -說出一種情緒 -一種情緒嗎 |
[24:34] | Yeah, just name one. Like, any emotion. | 對啊 隨便說一種 哪一種都行 |
[24:38] | -I can’t think of one. – You can’t think of an emotion? | -我想不出來 -你想不出一種情緒啊 |
[24:42] | Is that the medication, too? | 也是因爲藥物作用嗎 |
[24:45] | Yeah, maybe. | 對啊 有可能 |
[24:47] | -Like, sadness. – Okay, sadness. | -比如說 悲傷 -好 就悲傷 |
[24:57] | See? | 看見了嗎 |
[24:59] | – Acting. – Okay. | -這就是演戲 -明白了 |
[25:03] | – All right, I’ve got one. – Great. | -好了 我想到一種了 -很好 |
[25:05] | -Happiness. – Hmm, opposite of sadness. | -快樂 -正好和悲傷相反 |
[25:09] | – That’s what I hear. – I have to remember. Um… | -是的 -我要回憶一下 |
[25:17] | Oh yeah. You’re ecstatic. | 天哪 你看起來欣喜若狂 |
[25:20] | So you think. | 這就是演戲 |
[25:21] | Okay, okay, let’s try fear. | 好吧 好吧 再來個恐懼吧 |
[25:27] | Yeah, I recognise that reaction. | 沒錯 這個反應真是似曾相識 |
[25:30] | Okay, how about empathy? | 好的 那同情呢 |
[25:36] | Empathy? | 同情嗎 |
[25:38] | That’s… That one’s very advanced. | 這個 這難度有點高 |
[25:42] | Um, a minute ago, you couldn’t name any emotion. | 一分鐘以前 你還一個情緒都想不出來 |
[25:45] | Yeah, but they’re all coming back to me now. | 對啊 但它們現在一股腦都出現了 |
[25:47] | So, empathy, in three, two, one… | 來吧 同情 3 2 1 |
[25:50] | Action! | 開拍 |
[25:55] | That looks a lot like pity. | 這看起來有點像遺憾 |
[25:58] | But, all the same, I’m touched. | 但是 都一樣 我被感動了 |
[26:01] | You’re really very talented, I must say. | 我必須承認 你真的很有天賦 |
[26:03] | Tell my father that. | 我爸可不這麼認爲 |
[26:05] | And did you like how I shouted “action”? | 那你覺得我”開拍”喊得怎麼樣 |
[26:07] | So good. | 挺好的 |
[26:08] | But that one’s not your job. | 但這可不是你的工作 |
[26:10] | Ah, I thought I’d be bold. | 想大膽嘗試一下 |
[26:12] | Oh wait, you didn’t say “cut”. | 等等 你還沒有說”停” |
[26:14] | So, the scene’s still going on? | 所以 還得繼續演是嗎 |
[26:15] | Oh yeah, it’s your turn. | 當然 現在輪到你了 |
[26:16] | No, no, no. | 不不不不 |
[26:17] | No, happiness. | 別說了 開心 |
[26:18] | That’s actually unfair, because I’m already really happy anyway. | 這有點不公平 因爲我已經非常開心了 |
[26:22] | Look, check it, see how happy I am? | 來 看到了嗎 看到我有多開心了吧 |
[26:23] | See how actually for real happy I am. | 看到我現在有多快樂了嗎 |
[26:25] | Clearly. | 完全看得出來 |
[26:27] | Uh, hair and make-up’s ready for you. | 髮型師和化妝師都在等你了 |
[26:31] | Keep the shadow out of the frame. | 別讓那個陰影入鏡 |
[26:34] | Take it out of the frame. | 把它從鏡頭裏移出去 |
[26:35] | Maybe we want it in the frame. | 也許我們可以把它留在鏡頭裏 |
[26:37] | Is that good? | 這看起來怎麼樣 |
[26:39] | It highlights the artificiality. | 它突出了場景的虛幻性 |
[26:41] | And his reaction was, | 然後他的反應是 |
[26:42] | “I see this as being very damaging to capitalism.” | “我認爲這對資本主義傷害極大” |
[26:45] | If only. | 要是這樣就好了 |
[26:46] | Aren’t his movies on there? | 他的電影不是都在那裏嗎 |
[26:47] | Yeah, all 11, including the shorts. | 對啊 一共十一部 包括那些短劇 |
[26:49] | He said, | 他說 |
[26:50] | “I don’t make movies to make money. | “我拍電影不是爲了錢 |
[26:51] | I want people to see ’em!” | 只要觀衆能看到它們就夠了” |
[26:55] | – Hey! – Yes, officer? | -等等 -怎麼了 警官 |
[26:57] | Anybody you notice with identifying markings | 你有注意到帶有鮮明的特點 |
[27:00] | or characteristics, er, scars, amputations…? | 或者特徵的人嗎 像傷疤啊 或者殘疾啊 |
[27:02] | – Uh, let me… – Tattoos? | -等下 讓我把 -或者有紋身 |
[27:04] | Let me get you Tetrallini. | 讓我把特特拉利尼叫來 |
[27:05] | If you just stay right there, | 你在這裏等一下 |
[27:06] | I’ll just be right back. Okay? Stay right there. | 我馬上回來 好嗎 在這裏等等 |
[27:13] | Come forward, forward. | 往前走 再往前 |
[27:16] | Come right there, there, stop. | 走到那裏 就那裏 停 |
[27:21] | Up! | 鏡頭向上 |
[27:22] | Stop! | 停 |
[27:26] | Rosenthal, just stand in the shadows. | 羅森薩爾 你要先站在暗處 |
[27:29] | And, when I say “action”, | 然後 當我說”開拍” |
[27:31] | you stand there for a few seconds. | 你站在那裏等幾秒鐘 |
[27:33] | Mabel will speak her line. | 梅布爾這時候會說她的臺詞 |
[27:35] | Then walk out into the light. | 然後你再走到燈光下面 |
[27:37] | Walk out? | 走出來嗎 |
[27:38] | Step out of the shadows and into the light. | 從陰影處跨出來 然後站到燈光下 |
[27:42] | Okay Let us now try it. | 好了 現在先試一下 |
[27:44] | This is just a rehearsal. | 這只是彩排 |
[27:51] | Action! | 開拍 |
[27:52] | Who’s there? | 誰在那裏 |
[27:56] | Don’t be frightened. | 別害怕 |
[27:57] | No, but you need to say it exactly | 不對 你需要在 |
[27:59] | as you’re emerging from the shadows into the light. | 走進燈光的瞬間 說臺詞 |
[28:05] | Who’s there? | 誰在那裏 |
[28:09] | – Don’t be frightened. – Cut, no, no. | -別害怕 -停 不對 不對 |
[28:11] | First… | 首先 |
[28:12] | …wait five seconds. | 要等五秒鐘 |
[28:15] | Okay, sorry. | 好的 對不起 |
[28:16] | And just step, do not just walk out. | 然後 一步邁到這裏 不要走出來 |
[28:19] | – Don’t? – Step out. | -不要嗎 -是一步邁出來 |
[28:21] | So, one step? | 所以是隻走一步嗎 |
[28:23] | A solitary step out of the shadows | 一步就好 從陰影處 |
[28:27] | and into the light. | 邁到燈光下 |
[28:28] | – Okay. – Can we try it? | -明白了 -再來一遍 |
[28:34] | Who’s there? | 誰在那裏 |
[28:37] | Don’t be frightened. | 別害怕 |
[28:40] | That was better, much better. | 這次好多了 好很多了 |
[28:41] | But, you still… | 但是 你還是 |
[28:44] | You must step, | 你要邁步 |
[28:46] | make your reach longer. | 把步子跨大一點 |
[28:48] | The shadow is still. | 陰影範圍是不能變的 |
[28:50] | We shall conquer this problem. | 我們要克服這個問題 |
[28:53] | Maybe we can move the light back? | 或者我們可以把燈光往後挪一點 |
[28:54] | The light is beautiful. | 這個光線已經很漂亮了 |
[28:56] | If he would just do as I ask, and lengthen his step. | 他要是能聽我的話 把步子邁大一點 |
[29:01] | Mark it. Put a mark down. | 做個標記 貼一個標誌 |
[29:06] | Rosenthal, step to the tape. | 羅森薩爾 一步邁到這個膠帶上 |
[29:08] | But do not look at the tape. You must understand. | 但是別低頭看這個膠帶 一定要記住 |
[29:12] | Who’s there? | 誰在那裏 |
[29:16] | Don’t be frightened. | 別害怕 |
[29:18] | Progress. | 有進步 |
[29:22] | Am I standing too long, in the shadows? | 我是不是在陰影裏面等太久了 |
[29:25] | No. In fact, is it long enough | 不 實際上這個時長正好 |
[29:28] | How does it appear, Frank? | 這個效果看起來怎麼樣 弗蘭克 |
[29:29] | Where’s Frank? | 弗蘭克哪去了 |
[29:34] | Why am I standing in the shadows? | 爲什麼我要站在陰影裏 |
[29:37] | Because this is your entrance. | 因爲這是你的出場方式 |
[29:39] | – From where? – The entire film. | -從哪裏出場 -整部電影的出場 |
[29:42] | This is your introduction, | 這是你這個角色 |
[29:44] | as a character, to the audience, to the paying public. | 對觀衆和買票的公衆的介紹 |
[29:47] | So far, you have been seen only in shadows. | 到目前爲止 你只能在暗處被看見 |
[29:51] | But your face, your identity, is a mystery. | 但是你的長相 你的身份 是個謎 |
[29:57] | And what exactly am I doing? | 那我到底是要幹什麼 |
[29:59] | – Just standing there. – Standing there? | -站在那裏就好 -只要站着嗎 |
[30:02] | It feels unnatural, | 可能感覺有點不自然 |
[30:04] | because it is stylised. | 因爲這是風格化的電影 |
[30:06] | Maximum effectiveness. | 把意境最大限度地激發 |
[30:09] | I’m just asking to get a feel for | 我這麼問是想爲這部電影 |
[30:11] | the whole thing. So, like, what if…? | 找點感覺 所以如果 |
[30:12] | You are hiding in the shadows because you are afraid, | 你躲在暗處是因爲你很害怕 |
[30:15] | because you are in an unfamiliar place, | 因爲你身處一個不熟悉的環境 |
[30:17] | and you sense something is not right here. | 你感覺這裏有點不對勁 |
[30:20] | So, you are hiding, | 所以你躲起來了 |
[30:21] | because you smell fear. | 因爲你嗅到了恐懼的味道 |
[30:23] | And then I just walk out? | 然後我就直接走出來了嗎 |
[30:25] | You do not walk out. | 你不是走出來 |
[30:26] | You step out into the light. | 你是邁到燈光下 |
[30:29] | It is an introduction. | 這是出場介紹 |
[30:31] | It is an amazing moment, | 是一個神奇的時刻 |
[30:33] | because the audience has not seen you yet. | 因爲觀衆都還沒見過你 |
[30:36] | You have been withheld. | 你一直有所保留 |
[30:39] | It is like Orson Welles in The Muppet Movie. | 就好像《大青蛙布偶電影》裏的奧森·威爾斯 |
[30:44] | – You’ve seen this movie, no? – No. | -你看過這部電影吧 -沒有 |
[30:46] | You know, these Muppets, | 你知道嗎 那些布偶 |
[30:47] | you would like them. | 你會喜歡他們的 |
[30:48] | They are not fully beasts. | 他們不是完全的動物 |
[30:52] | Not fully human. | 也不完全是人類 |
[30:54] | They are half-breeds, | 他們是混血 |
[30:56] | like the great god, Anubis. | 就好像那個叫做阿努比斯的神 |
[30:58] | Yeah, I know who the Muppets are. | 是 我知道那些布偶是 |
[31:00] | These half-men, these Muppets, | 那些半人的布偶 |
[31:03] | have spent the whole motion pictures sojourning westward | 在整場電影裏徒步向西部前行 |
[31:06] | across the entire United States of America | 橫跨整個美國 |
[31:08] | to go to Hollywood, to see this big studio man. | 只爲去到好萊塢 見這個有名氣的製片人 |
[31:13] | When they finally reach the motion-picture studio, | 當他們經過了一段艱苦的旅程 |
[31:16] | after a gruelling journey, | 終於到達電影製片廠時 |
[31:19] | they connive their way past the no-trespassing signs. | 他們無視那些”禁止擅入”的標誌 |
[31:22] | Past the uniformed officers. | 越過穿制服的警官 |
[31:25] | They walk into this big studio man’s office. | 徑直走入製片人的辦公室 |
[31:28] | And the big studio man is there. | 他也正好在那 |
[31:31] | This essential man | 這位舉足輕重的製片人 |
[31:33] | upon whom everything depends. | 幾乎可以決定一切 |
[31:36] | But we do not see him just yet, | 但是我們那時也還沒見過他 |
[31:39] | for he has his back turned to the Muppets and to us. | 因爲他一直背對着布偶和觀衆們 |
[31:44] | And we think it will just be some regular man. | 我們以爲他只是一個普通的人 |
[31:48] | But, then he turns in his chair, | 但是接着 他將椅子轉了過來 |
[31:51] | and we delight in the discovery that it is Orson Welles. | 我們驚奇地發現那是奧森·威爾斯 |
[31:56] | It is a fabulous surprise | 對於觀衆和買票的公衆來說 |
[31:57] | for the audience, for the paying public. | 這是一個巨大的驚喜 |
[31:59] | A kind of… How would you say? | 就像是 應該要怎麼說 |
[32:00] | A reward. | 一個獎賞 |
[32:03] | A shock. | 讓人震驚 |
[32:05] | Their money’s worth. | 這樣就值票錢了 |
[32:06] | We do not know who stands here, | 我們不知道站在暗處的 |
[32:10] | in these shadows. | 到底是誰 |
[32:12] | It could be Orson Welles. | 他可能是奧森·威爾斯 |
[32:14] | It could be anybody. | 他可以是任何人 |
[32:16] | But it is you, in this case, | 但在這部電影裏 是你 |
[32:18] | and it will create a very nice moment. | 這會是一個很棒的場景 |
[32:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:22] | – Is that clear? – Sure. | -明白了嗎 -明白了 |
[32:23] | – Is it clear? – I think so. | -確定嗎 -應該吧 |
[32:25] | Let us do it this time with Freda’s line first. | 這次先從芙蕾達的臺詞開始 |
[32:28] | And let us really shoot it, because this is digital. | 這次要錄了哦 這是數碼的 |
[32:31] | We can just shoot everything. | 所以什麼都可以錄 |
[32:32] | We should’ve been shooting all of this. | 真應該全錄下來 |
[32:33] | Hey, hey, great stuff, man. You got a gift. | 演得不錯啊 你挺有天賦的 |
[32:36] | – Come see the baby. – What baby? | -來看看小嬰兒 -什麼嬰兒 |
[32:38] | For the baby scene. It’s a tiny, little actor. | 拍嬰兒那場戲的小演員 |
[32:39] | – We should, oh, babies hate you. – Yep. | -我們應該 寶寶們不喜歡你 -是 |
[32:42] | – Children and dogs hate him. – Oh, that simply isn’t true. | -小孩子和狗都討厭他 -那顯然不是真的 |
[32:45] | – And cats. – Everything but single-celled organisms. | -還有貓 -除了單細胞生物 誰都討厭他 |
[32:48] | – That’s not exactly what I said. – Dogs love everybody. | -我好像沒說過這話 -狗狗喜歡所有人 |
[32:51] | Not me, they smell fear. | 不包括我 它們能聞到恐懼的氣味 |
[32:53] | Why are you so hard on yourself? | 你對自己太苛刻了吧 |
[32:55] | – No, don’t cry… – No, no, dogs are innocent. | -別 別哭 -不不不 狗狗是天真的 |
[32:59] | – Did it look good? – Nein! The suffering must be real. | -這段如何 -不行 痛苦必須是真實的 |
[33:02] | This is just Frank. | 他只是弗蘭克 |
[33:03] | – Imagine if we had Mel Gibson. – No! | -如果我們請來梅爾·吉布森的話 -沒門 |
[33:05] | – Kevin Spacey. – No. | -或者凱文·史佩西 -不可能 |
[33:06] | It’s just a mock-up. | 這就是個模型而已 |
[33:07] | It is essential that his maladies be real. | 他臉上的疾病必須是真的 這很關鍵 |
[33:10] | That is the code that I have sworn to honour. | 這是我發誓要遵守的準則 |
[33:13] | Besides it would be too expensive to get a real actor. | 而且請一位真正的演員太貴了 |
[33:15] | Then we must do so much hours of | 每天還得花費大量時間 |
[33:17] | make-up and prosthetics every day. | 給他化妝 做假臉 |
[33:19] | Well, actually, with the insurance and liabilities… | 其實 有了保險 再借點錢的話 |
[33:21] | I don’t want you to have to worry about any of that, though. | 但我不想讓你們擔心那些問題 |
[33:23] | Or we do it digitally. | 或者咱們用特效 |
[33:24] | I mean, digital effects are the | 特效就像是 |
[33:25] | plastic surgery of the moving image. | 電影的整形手術一樣 |
[33:28] | I mean, a little touch-up here and there, | 這裏改一下 那裏改一下 |
[33:30] | like, nothing too noticeable. | 不會太引人注目 |
[33:32] | I don’t know, it’s just an amazing time to be alive. | 真是活在了一個神奇的時代 |
[33:35] | She thinks she’s fooling us with those sad, little eyes, | 她以爲她可以用悲傷的小眼睛愚弄我們 |
[33:38] | but she’s just like the others. Fear and pity. | 但她沒什麼不同 恐懼又令人憐憫 |
[33:41] | She’ll betray us in the end. | 她終會背叛我們 |
[33:42] | Her hair’s not even really blonde. | 她連金髮都是染的 |
[33:51] | Mabel, Mabel, new pages for you. | 梅布爾 梅布爾 你的新劇本 |
[33:54] | – Thank you. – Yup. | -謝謝 -沒事 |
[34:27] | – What kind of camera? – Oh, this. | -這是什麼照相機呀 -這個 |
[34:29] | – It’s my dad’s old… – Oh I knew it! A celluloid man. | -這是我爸爸的老 -我知道了 膠片相機 |
[34:32] | Yeah, just don’t open the… | 對 請別打開 |
[34:34] | Some people say there’s no difference. Not me, I’m like you. | 有人說沒啥區別 我不同意 我跟你一樣 |
[34:38] | Don’t have your eye but | 你沒注意過我 |
[34:39] | you talk to Matt, set photographer? | 但你跟馬特聊過了吧 那個攝影師 |
[34:42] | Oh, I’ve seen him around, but I don’t think I’ve spoken to him. | 我見過他 不過沒跟他說過話 |
[34:44] | I’ll introduce you. He’s competent. | 我來向他介紹你 他能力挺強的 |
[34:48] | Shoots digital, like everybody these days. | 數碼攝影 這年頭人人都在做 |
[34:50] | Makes sense in his line of work, | 他對他的工作挺在行的 |
[34:52] | but he’s not doing what you’re doing. | 但幹不了你做的工作 |
[34:55] | You got a natural talent. | 你的天賦與生俱來 |
[34:57] | Acting, photography. Things just come easy to you. | 演戲 攝影 你手到擒來 |
[35:01] | – Thanks, if you say so. – I do say so. | -如果你這麼說的話 那謝謝你 -我真心的 |
[35:05] | I admire your gift, even if it is… | 我佩服你的天賦 即使它是 |
[35:08] | Gott-given, so to speak. | 開一道窗關一扇門這樣的 |
[35:11] | Yeah, everything has been really interesting so far. | 是啊 到目前爲止事情都挺有意思的 |
[35:15] | – I’d love to get a photo. – Um, sure, that’d be great. | -我想跟你合張影 -可以 沒問題 |
[35:19] | Hey, you. Come take our picture. | 你 來給我們拍張照 |
[35:26] | Come. | 來 |
[35:28] | I’d rather you took it, but it’s impossible. | 我更想讓你來照 不過不現實 |
[35:30] | – Ah, we could take a selfie. – Selfies. | -可以自拍的 -自拍還是算了 |
[35:33] | Ready? Three, two, one. | 準備好了嗎 三 二 一 |
[35:38] | Wait, wait, one more. | 等下 等下 再來一張 |
[35:42] | Okay, ready? | 好 準備好了嗎 |
[35:45] | You want one? | 你想照一張嗎 |
[35:47] | Uh, sure, if that’s cool. | 當然 如果可以的話 |
[35:55] | All right, three, two, one, | 準備好 三 二 一 |
[36:00] | smile! | 笑一個 |
[36:04] | Back to work. | 回去工作吧 |
[36:06] | That was great. I want a copy of this. | 真不錯 我想要一張 |
[36:09] | You probably develop it yourself. | 你大概是自己洗照片吧 |
[36:12] | No, I don’t really like to mess with the chemicals. | 不 我其實不想鼓搗化學物品 |
[36:14] | I’m on this medication that… | 我在服的這個藥它 |
[36:15] | – You don’t like me for some reason? – I don’t know you. | -你是不是不喜歡我 -我不認識你 |
[36:22] | I am who I am. | 我就這個樣子 |
[36:24] | I can’t change, so… | 我也沒辦法 所以 |
[36:27] | I like you, yeah. | 我挺喜歡你的 |
[36:29] | Happy to hear it. | 很高興聽到你這麼說 |
[36:31] | I like you, too. I respect you. | 我也喜歡你 我尊重你 |
[36:34] | You’d make a great Richard III. | 你的《理查德三世》演得真不錯 |
[36:36] | Olivier undermined the whole part | 奧利維爾拉低了整個部分的水平 |
[36:38] | because he was too vain to be defective. | 因爲他過於自負而無法忍受缺陷 |
[36:40] | Not me, I’d slather my whole face with latex. | 不像我 我願意在我臉上塗滿乳膠 |
[36:44] | It would suit me, I hate to be looked at. | 挺適合我的 我討厭被別人看 |
[36:45] | I was an Arab woman in my former life. I really believe that. | 我真覺得我前半輩子就跟阿拉伯女人一樣 |
[36:48] | That’s why I’m ashamed to show my face. | 所以我總是羞於展示自己的臉 |
[36:50] | – I’m insanely shy. – Yeah, I’m kind of shy, too. | -我非常害羞 -我也一樣害羞 |
[36:55] | Oh you’re not shy. | 你這可不叫害羞 |
[36:57] | You’re contemplative, circumspect. | 你只是心思縝密 沉默寡言罷了 |
[37:03] | Guarded? | 防備心重 |
[37:08] | – Who do you think you are? – Sorry? | -你以爲你是誰啊 -怎麼了 |
[37:10] | This is not a playground. | 這可不是操場 |
[37:11] | Your people are running around, over by our side, | 你的人在我們那裏跑來跑去 |
[37:15] | right near our patients and families. | 就在病人和家屬旁邊 |
[37:17] | They’re scaring the children. | 他們會嚇到孩子的 |
[37:18] | I don’t think they should be left on their own. | 他們可不能沒人看管 |
[37:20] | I warned Goodrich that this would happen, | 我早就警告過古德利奇這事了 |
[37:22] | but no-one listens to me. | 但沒人聽我的 |
[37:24] | This place is so big. | 這地挺大的啊 |
[37:25] | We’re the oldest and largest hospital in the state. | 我們是這個州最大 歷史最悠久的醫院 |
[37:28] | It was funded by Carnegie. | 由卡內基出資建設 |
[37:30] | We were forced to close in the 1950s, | 20世紀50年代我們被迫關閉 |
[37:33] | but, in 2001, Dr Goodrich reopened it. | 但在2001年 由古德利奇醫生恢復運作 |
[37:35] | Look. | 你自己看 |
[37:52] | It was an all-female cast. | 演員全是女性 |
[37:54] | Oh yeah, I did see that one. | 我看過那部 |
[37:55] | Have you talked to Rosenthal? | 你跟羅森薩爾說過話嗎 |
[37:58] | He’s amazing. | 他很厲害 |
[38:00] | Mabel seems to like him. | 梅布爾看起來挺喜歡他的 |
[38:03] | I need to talk to somebody. | 我得找個人聊聊天 |
[38:05] | Who am I gonna talk to? | 找誰聊聊呢 |
[38:07] | Phrosa and Aristotle, | 佛羅莎和亞里士多德 |
[38:09] | let’s talk to them. | 找他們聊聊 |
[38:11] | Oh, dammit. | 該死 |
[38:13] | Stella, I like her. | 斯黛拉 我挺喜歡她的 |
[38:17] | Fascinating. | 很迷人 |
[38:22] | I love the struggle. | 我喜歡這種努力融入的氛圍 |
[38:25] | Who’s that girl Rosenthal’s talking to? | 在跟羅森薩爾聊天的那個女的是誰 |
[38:30] | “Heard melodies are sweet, | “聽見的樂聲雖好 |
[38:33] | “but those unheard are sweeter. | 但聽不見的樂聲更美 |
[38:36] | “Therefore, ye soft pipes play on.” | 因此 繼續吹奏柔情的風笛吧” |
[38:39] | There’s a bearded lady after all. | 終於來了一位長鬍子的女士 |
[38:42] | I guess I didn’t get the part. | 我可能還沒碰上 |
[38:44] | It’s not too late. The movie’s not over. | 還不晚 電影還沒拍完 |
[38:47] | Who is that dancing with Rosenthal? | 跟羅森薩爾跳舞的那個女的是誰 |
[38:50] | I think she’s his wife. | 我覺得是他妻子 |
[38:53] | I didn’t know he was married. | 我都不知道他已經結婚了 |
[38:58] | What do you think about the Siamese twins? | 你覺得那對連體雙胞胎怎麼樣 |
[39:00] | Eva and Miriam? Very pretty. | 艾娃和米莉婭姆 很漂亮 |
[39:03] | Yeah, but, I don’t think they’re real. | 是挺漂亮 但我覺得她們不是真的殘疾 |
[39:07] | What do you mean? | 什麼意思 |
[39:09] | I mean, I think that Siamese twins have been phased out. | 我是說 我覺得她們已經被社會淘汰了 |
[39:12] | You know, like, at least in the First World. | 至少在第一世界毫無容身之地 |
[39:14] | Well, maybe those two couldn’t be separated for some reason. | 也許她們出於某種原因就是無法分開呢 |
[39:17] | If they were attached at the skull, maybe. | 如果連着的是腦袋的話 也許分不開 |
[39:18] | But, at the hip like that? | 但像那樣連在臀部上 |
[39:20] | That’s, like, a simple procedure. | 一個小手術就完事了 |
[39:22] | They could do that in the Carnegie wing. | 這手術在卡內基醫院就能做 |
[39:24] | Maybe. | 也許吧 |
[39:26] | Well, they’re twins, anyway. | 不管怎麼樣 她們也是雙胞胎 |
[39:29] | Sure, sure. | 是啊 是啊 |
[39:30] | And that one, the half-man, half-woman. | 還有那個人 半男半女那個 |
[39:35] | Jack-Jacqueline? | 傑克-傑奎琳 |
[39:36] | She doesn’t talk much. | 她不太愛說話 |
[39:38] | Or is it a he? | “她”還是”他” |
[39:40] | I mean, it has to be one or the other. | 不管是”他”還是”她” 總得用一個吧 |
[39:42] | All right, that’s not the real thing. | 好吧 那也不是真的殘疾 |
[39:44] | A hermaphrodite? Sure. | 雌雄同體不算嗎 當然算了 |
[39:46] | Yeah, but, like, split down the middle like that. | 但是像那樣從中間分開 |
[39:49] | She’s a fraud. | 她是個騙子 |
[39:51] | I think it’s a he. | 我覺得應該是”他” |
[39:54] | He’s a fraud. | “他”是個騙子 |
[39:56] | Well, Rosenthal’s definitely real. | 好吧 那羅森薩爾絕對是真的殘疾 |
[39:59] | And Brutto, the little person. | 還有布魯托 那個小矮人 |
[40:01] | It’s a pretty impressive line-up. | 這演員陣容還真是令人印象深刻 |
[40:05] | How do you know she’s his wife? | 你怎麼知道那個女的是他妻子 |
[40:07] | I don’t know. I just kind of assumed. | 我不知道 猜的 |
[40:13] | Who is that? | 那個人是誰 |
[40:17] | That’s you, after you get burned. | 那是你啊 燒傷之後的樣子 |
[40:23] | I thought that it was just gonna be one quick shot. | 我還以爲只用拍一兩個鏡頭 |
[40:27] | Real suffering. | 痛苦要真實 |
[40:28] | “We must honour this code. | “我們必須要遵守這個準則” |
[40:32] | And I also don’t think that the director’s actually German. | 我還覺得咱們的導演不是德國人 |
[40:35] | They say he grew up in the circus. | 他們說他在馬戲團長大 |
[40:38] | I view it as a form of cinematic hygiene. | 我把它看作是電影行業的一種衛生習慣 |
[40:41] | We tell ourselves stories in order to live. | 我們按條理講故事才能生存 |
[40:43] | That’s great. | 不錯 |
[40:44] | Who said that? | 誰說的 |
[40:46] | Did you make that up? | 你編的嗎 |
[40:48] | Be careful of that fucking pig. | 小心點那個條子[豬] |
[40:50] | I’m not an animal. | 我可不是動物 |
[40:55] | We’re the oldest and largest hospital in the state. | 我們是這個州最大 歷史最悠久的醫院 |
[40:58] | It was funded by Carnegie. | 由卡內基出資建設 |
[41:01] | She’s beautiful. | 她真漂亮 |
[41:03] | Who? | 誰 |
[41:04] | The, um, Japanese girl you were dancing with. | 跟你跳舞的那個日本女人 |
[41:07] | Oh, yeah, her. | 她啊 |
[41:09] | – She’s your wife? – Yeah. | -她是你妻子嗎 -是 |
[41:13] | Uh, how, how did you meet? | 你們 你們怎麼認識的 |
[41:14] | I’ve never seen her before in my life. | 我之前從未見過 |
[41:19] | – You’re not married. – No, not me. | -所以你沒結婚 -對 沒有 |
[41:21] | I’ll be a bachelor till I die. | 我到死都會是個光棍 |
[41:23] | Why do you say that? | 爲什麼這麼說 |
[41:25] | I mean, there’s someone for everyone. | 每個人都有命中註定的另一半 |
[41:26] | Oh, maybe I’m just a bit too picky. | 可能是我太挑剔了吧 |
[41:29] | What about you? Are you married? | 你呢 你結婚了嗎 |
[41:32] | So we’re both picky. | 看來咱們都很挑剔 |
[41:35] | Ach, I blame my father. | 這得怪我父親了 |
[41:36] | No-one was ever good enough for me. | 他覺得誰都配不上我 |
[41:38] | Or maybe I wasn’t good enough for anyone. | 但也許是我誰都配不上 |
[41:42] | Anyway, um, you… | 隨便吧 你 |
[41:46] | – You saw the new pages? – Oh, my God, yeah. | -你看新劇本了嗎 -天啊 我看了 |
[41:49] | – I’m… I’m so sorry. – Why are you sorry? | -我 我很抱歉 -爲什麼抱歉 |
[41:52] | Well, ’cause I assume you didn’t | 因爲 我覺得你可沒想到 |
[41:54] | sign up to do that thing with me. | 會和我演這種戲 |
[41:56] | And if you don’t want to do that, I can totally back you up. | 如果你真不想演的話 我完全支持你 |
[42:00] | Is it a problem for you? | 對你來說有什麼困難嗎 |
[42:02] | No, no, I’ll do what I’m told | 沒有 他們讓我怎麼演我就怎麼演 |
[42:03] | and whatever the scene calls for. | 場景需要什麼我就演什麼 |
[42:05] | It’s a visual medium, right? | 畢竟是一種視覺媒介嘛 |
[42:07] | – It might be really effective. – You sound like Max. | -可能真的很有用 -你口氣跟馬克斯一樣 |
[42:09] | We could demand stunt doubles. | 我們可以要求換特技替身演員來 |
[42:11] | I don’t know if lovemaking counts as a stunt. | 我不知道做愛算不算是特技 |
[42:15] | Anyway, it won’t be so bad, will it? | 不過 也不會太糟 不是嗎 |
[42:18] | Smile! | 笑一個 |
[42:20] | Don’t look too happy. His wife will be jealous. | 別樂得太開心了 不然他老婆會吃醋的 |
[42:23] | – She’s not his wife. – That’s my camera. | -她纔不是他老婆呢 -這可是我的相機 |
[42:32] | Hey, what happened to the others? Where’s Rosenthal? | 其他人怎麼樣了 羅森薩爾去哪了 |
[42:35] | Oh, he’s not coming. They’re staying here. | 他不來了 他們打算留在這 |
[42:38] | – What? – The hotel’s too small, | -什麼 -那個酒店太小了 |
[42:39] | and it’s not handicapped-accessible. | 而且也不提供殘疾人無障礙服務 |
[42:41] | There are plenty of beds at the hospital. | 反正醫院有很多牀位 |
[42:43] | Plus, they’re guarding the camera equipment, too, so… | 此外 他們還順帶看管照相設備 所以 |
[42:46] | Yeah, but, if the hotel is built for the hospital, | 是 但那家酒店可是爲醫院而建的呀 |
[42:48] | why wouldn’t it be handicapped-accessible? | 那爲什麼它不提供殘障人士無障礙服務呢 |
[42:49] | Built in less enlightened times, I guess. | 估計建的時候沒現在這麼講究吧 |
[42:52] | Hey, are they alone in there? | 就他們在那裏嗎 |
[42:54] | I’d give a million dollars to know what goes on in there. | 我願意拿一百萬來知道里面在幹嘛 |
[43:14] | Are you going back out tonight? | 你們今晚還要再回去嗎 |
[43:16] | That’s kind of a personal question. | 這就是我個人事務了 |
[43:18] | We’re locking the doors early. | 我們今天要早點鎖門 |
[43:20] | A body was found just up the road. | 有人在路上發現了一具屍體 |
[43:22] | Dead? The killer! | 死了嗎 那個殺人兇手 |
[43:24] | We might have walked right by him. | 我們可能正好經過他呢 |
[43:25] | They spotted a man in the woods. | 他們在林子裏發現了一個男人 |
[43:27] | He’s real kind of messed up looking, | 他看起來一團糟 |
[43:29] | scars or something. | 傷疤什麼的 |
[43:31] | Well, don’t look at me. I don’t have any scars. Clean. | 別看我啊 我可沒疤 乾淨着呢 |
[43:35] | I don’t have any distinguishing features. | 我也沒什麼噁心的特徵 |
[43:37] | Not even a, what do you call it, a mole. | 連一顆 叫什麼來着 連一顆痣都沒有 |
[43:41] | That is your distinguishing feature, total blandness. | 你可真無趣 這就是你最噁心的特徵 |
[43:46] | – Er, Herr Director? – Yeah, yeah. | -是赫爾導演嗎 -是我 |
[43:48] | Which do you prefer for the portrait | 羅森薩爾畫給芙蕾達的肖像畫 |
[43:50] | Rosenthal paints of Freda? | 你更喜歡哪一副 |
[43:52] | Er, well, ideally, I’d like to use this abstract one. | 我喜歡這個抽象點的 |
[43:55] | It is almost as if she is becoming one of them. | 感覺她就快成爲畫中的人了 |
[43:58] | Yeah, but, can you tell it’s her? | 但你能看出來這是她嗎 |
[44:00] | Hmm… Unfortunately, it is not so obvious. | 好吧 沒那麼明顯 |
[45:41] | Uh, where is everybody? | 大家都去哪裏了 |
[45:44] | Camera’s busted. We can’t shoot. | 相機壞了 我們沒法拍了 |
[45:47] | Everybody’s in the auditorium. | 大家都在大堂裏 |
[45:49] | They’re gonna screen dailies. | 他們打算放點樣片 |
[46:29] | – I love him. – I love him. | -我愛他 -我愛他 |
[46:31] | Sounds convincing. Action. | 要生動點 開拍 |
[46:33] | I love him. | 我愛他 |
[46:34] | What a horrible thought. | 多麼糟糕的想法啊 |
[46:36] | A beast. Surely you know I could never allow it. | 一個野獸 想必你也知道我不可能同意的 |
[46:40] | Max, put your hand… | 馬克斯 把你的手 |
[46:42] | Turn your head slightly for me. | 稍稍動一下你的頭 |
[46:44] | Yes, yes, that’s perfect. | 好 好 完美 |
[46:46] | When I paint, I can remake the world as I wish it to be. | 在作畫時 我可以按我的意願重塑世界 |
[46:49] | Brother says he’s getting close. | 我哥說他在往這邊來 |
[46:51] | I do not want to get my hopes up, | 我不想抱太大的希望 |
[46:53] | but to think that then I’ll see all the colours. | 但一想到這之後 我能看見所有的色彩 |
[46:56] | Then I can see you. | 這之後 我能看見你 |
[46:58] | Drop the paintbrush. | 把畫筆扔掉 |
[47:00] | I’m, I’m happy, if you could see, | 我 你能重見光明我會很高興 |
[47:04] | you, so young, so beautiful. | 你 如此年輕 如此美麗 |
[47:07] | – You could own the world. – Sorry? | -你可以擁有整個世界 -抱歉 |
[47:10] | Say, “You could own the world.” | 說 “你可以擁有整個世界” |
[47:13] | You could own the world. | 你可以擁有整個世界 |
[47:15] | Your voice, | 你的聲音 |
[47:16] | there is something you want to tell me. | 你還有些別的話想說 |
[47:19] | I have a strong intuition about people. | 我對人一向有很強的直覺 |
[47:21] | Let us not have secrets between us. | 我們之間別藏着祕密 |
[47:24] | Okay, I’ve wanted to tell you. | 好吧 我是想跟你說的 |
[47:27] | And, yet, I’ve been so afraid. | 但 我又很擔心 |
[47:29] | Come out and say it. | 說吧 說出來吧 |
[47:32] | It’s my face. | 我的臉 |
[47:34] | What about your face? | 你的臉怎麼了 |
[47:37] | If, or when, you see my face, | 要是 或者說當你看到我的臉 |
[47:41] | you’ll turn away in horror. | 你肯定會嚇得落荒而逃 |
[47:45] | Turn away… in horror… from you? | 被你嚇得 落荒而逃 |
[47:49] | What do you look like? | 你長得什麼樣呀 |
[47:51] | I have this disease | 我得的這種病 |
[47:53] | that makes my face look mutilated. | 會讓我的臉看起來殘缺不全 |
[47:56] | “Mutated.” | 是變異 |
[47:57] | I have this disease | 我得的這種病 |
[47:58] | that makes my face look mutated. | 會讓我的臉看起來像變異了一樣 |
[48:02] | No, I do not believe it. | 不 我纔不信 |
[48:05] | It’s the truth. | 這是真的 |
[48:07] | I’m an outcast. | 我是個被排斥的人 |
[48:09] | It’s just, you’re the first person that didn’t scream. | 只是 你是第一個不對我尖叫的人 |
[48:14] | Perhaps my brother can fix your face. | 沒準我哥哥可以治好你的臉 |
[48:17] | There’s no hope. | 不可能 |
[48:20] | It really does not matter to me what you look like | 我真的不在意你長得怎麼樣 |
[48:23] | or if you have some terrible disease. | 或是你有什麼糟糕的疾病 |
[48:26] | Not now. Not when I see. | 現在不會 看見你之後也不會 |
[48:29] | Who you are inside, | 內心真正的你 |
[48:31] | that’s what I see. | 纔是我在意的 |
[48:33] | Your heart is gentle and kind and, therefore, you are beautiful. | 你的心靈溫和又善良 你因此而美麗 |
[48:40] | If others cannot see that, it is they who are blind. | 別人若是看不到這點 他們纔是瞎了眼 |
[48:56] | Action. You’re not doing your dance. | 開拍 你們沒好好跳舞啊 |
[48:58] | They’re really just children, such innocent creatures. | 他們就是小孩 如此天真無邪 |
[49:01] | Now, show the dance. | 行了 跳一段吧 |
[49:03] | – Faster. – Come. | -跳快點 -來 |
[49:05] | Do not make eye contact. | 不要眼神交流 |
[49:06] | Deutschland über alles. | 德國高於一切 |
[49:07] | …and she, like, doesn’t have the chops to pull it off. | 她似乎沒能讓它停下來 |
[49:09] | All quiet on set! | 現場所有人安靜 |
[49:13] | My initial optimism was premature. | 我一開始的樂觀態度有些草率 |
[49:17] | The organs failed 12 hours after transplantation. | 移植手術12小時後器官衰竭了 |
[49:25] | I failed again. | 我又失敗了 |
[49:34] | I’m at 33. | 我在33號點 |
[49:36] | I think you’re at 30. | 我覺得你在30號點 |
[49:37] | Tell me when I’m at 33. | 我到33號點了告訴我 |
[49:39] | Keep doing it, right there. | 繼續走 就這裏 |
[49:41] | Okay. Action! | 好 開拍 |
[49:45] | All right, I’ll yell “action”, | 好 我會喊”開拍” |
[49:48] | and then, after that, I’ll just cue Brutto. | 然後 我會提醒布魯托 |
[49:54] | – Uh, in a little bit? – Yeah. | -移一點點嗎 -對 |
[49:56] | Right there. | 就是那 |
[49:58] | All right. Action! | 好 開拍 |
[50:01] | Brutto. | 布魯托 |
[50:04] | All right, back to one. | 好 回到一鏡頭 |
[50:10] | Camera, set. | 相機 就位 |
[50:14] | Brutto. | 布魯托 |
[50:17] | Leering, yes. | 對 就是這種奸笑 |
[50:18] | Back to one. | 回到一鏡頭 |
[50:21] | I like this composition, yeah. | 我喜歡這種創作 |
[50:23] | The soul has too many windows. | 靈魂有太多扇窗了 |
[50:26] | – Set. – Brutto. | -就位 -布魯托 |
[50:30] | Back to one. | 回到一鏡頭 |
[50:33] | All right, Sarah, turn a beat earlier, half a beat earlier. | 好了 薩拉 提前一拍 提前半拍 |
[50:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[50:39] | Turn your head slightly to the right. | 頭稍稍往右一點 |
[50:44] | Turn slightly to the right. | 往右一點 |
[50:46] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[50:48] | Oh, no, slightly left, yes. | 不對 往左一點 對 |
[50:52] | A little more left. | 再往左一點 |
[50:53] | Yes. | 對 |
[50:55] | Brutto. | 布魯托 |
[50:58] | Brutto! | 布魯托 |
[51:01] | Back to one. | 回到一鏡頭 |
[51:02] | We now have the power | 我們現在有能力 |
[51:05] | to bend nature to our will. | 去征服自然 |
[51:09] | Do we not have a responsibility, | 我們難道沒有責任 |
[51:12] | a sacred duty, to eliminate disorder, | 沒有神聖的使命 去消滅混亂 |
[51:18] | to end aberrations? | 終結畸變嗎 |
[51:22] | Sorry, I messed up the words. Start again. | 對不起 我詞弄混了 重來吧 |
[51:24] | Since you’re starting over, | 既然你要重來 |
[51:25] | just take a step to your left. | 那就稍稍往左邊站一點 |
[51:27] | Yeah. | 行 |
[51:28] | A centimetre. | 一釐米 |
[51:30] | To end… To eliminate disorder. To… | 去終結 去消滅混亂 去 |
[51:33] | – Eradicate! – Eradicate aberrations. | -清除 -清除畸變 |
[51:38] | We now have the power | 我們現在有能力 |
[51:40] | to bend nature to our wills. | 去征服自然 |
[51:44] | Do we not have a responsibility, | 我們難道沒有責任 |
[51:48] | a sacred duty, to eliminate disorder, | 沒有神聖的使命 去消滅混亂 |
[51:53] | to eradicate aberrations, | 去清除畸變 |
[51:58] | to put an end to needless suffering? | 去終結無的痛苦嗎 |
[52:02] | We now have the power to bend nature to our wills. | 我們現在有能力去征服自然 |
[52:08] | Do we not have a responsibility, | 我們難道沒有責任 |
[52:11] | a sacred duty, to eliminate disorder, | 沒有神聖的使命 去消滅混亂 |
[52:17] | to eradicate aberrations, | 去清除畸變 |
[52:21] | to end needless suffering? | 去結束無謂的痛苦嗎 |
[52:25] | – To take arms… – I do not know whether he is a genius | -拿起武器 -我搞不清他到底是個天才 |
[52:29] | or a madman. | 還是瘋子 |
[52:31] | Show them. You can do it. | 展示給他們看 你可以的 |
[52:34] | He’s not an imbecile. | 他不是個低能兒 |
[52:35] | Show them what you showed me. | 你把之前演的再演一遍 |
[52:36] | Don’t be afraid. | 別怕 |
[52:38] | “Heard melodies are sweet, | “聽見的樂聲雖好 |
[52:42] | “but those unheard are sweeter. | 但聽不見的樂聲更美 |
[52:45] | “Therefore, ye soft pipes, play on.” | 因此 繼續吹奏柔情的風笛吧” |
[52:48] | – You practised with him! – He’s just repeating by rote. | -你跟他練好了的 -他就是死記硬背而已 |
[52:51] | He doesn’t understand the meaning of what he’s saying. | 他壓根就不懂他說了什麼 |
[52:54] | No! | 不是 |
[52:55] | – You said you’d help me, Doctor. – In time. | -你說你會幫我的 醫生 -到時候會的 |
[52:59] | I have done much for you. Things that have made me ashamed. | 我爲你做了這麼多可鄙的事 |
[53:03] | But I acted in desperation, | 我是因爲走投無路才這麼做 |
[53:05] | ’cause you promised me a new face, a new life! | 你許諾給我一張新臉 一個新的人生 |
[53:08] | Though I’m starting to suspect you might not be | 可我現在開始懷疑 |
[53:11] | as sincere about holding up your end of the bargain. | 你根本不會兌現你的承諾 |
[53:24] | I’ve done it, my dear, just as I promised. | 我做到了 親愛的 正如我許諾的那樣 |
[53:28] | The operation was a complete success. | 手術大獲成功 |
[53:32] | – Is it really true? – A medical breakthrough. | -真的嗎 -簡直就是醫學上的突破 |
[53:35] | Shh, sleep some more. You need rest. | 噓 再睡一會吧 你需要休息 |
[53:40] | When you wake up, | 你醒來的時候 |
[53:42] | your new life will begin. | 你就會開啓全新的人生 |
[53:54] | No-one must ever know | 不能讓任何人知道 |
[53:56] | that you are my sss… | 你是我的兒 |
[53:58] | One more time. I almost said “son”. | 再來一遍 我差點說成了”兒子” |
[54:07] | No-one must ever know | 不能讓任何人知道 |
[54:10] | that you are my brother. | 你是我的弟弟 |
[54:25] | Who’s there? | 誰在那 |
[54:29] | Come closer. | 靠近點 |
[54:32] | Let me see. | 讓我看看 |
[54:57] | We begin by registering all people… | 我們首先登記所有 |
[55:00] | …defective traits, | 有缺陷特徵的人 |
[55:02] | …be it physical, ethnic… | 包括生理上 種族上的 |
[55:04] | Get them away from me! | 快讓他們離我遠點 |
[55:05] | Freda! Why aren’t you in…? | 芙蕾達 你爲什麼不在 |
[55:10] | How did you…? | 你怎麼 |
[55:13] | All of you, leave, at once! | 所有人 立馬走開 |
[55:20] | Rosenthal. | 羅森薩爾 |
[55:23] | I knew I could never… | 我就知道我不能 |
[55:24] | You said you’d help me, Doctor Otternschlag. | 奧特斯萊格醫生 你說過你會幫我的 |
[55:29] | Stop him. He’s against all of you. | 阻止他 他和你們不是同一邊的 |
[55:32] | We’re all the same here, Doctor. | 醫生 在這裏 我們都是一樣的 |
[55:35] | Freda, I thought you were one of us. | 芙蕾達 我以爲你是我們中的一員 |
[55:40] | Please, spare me. | 求你了 饒了我吧 |
[55:43] | I can fix all of you. | 我可以治好你們所有人 |
[55:46] | You can lead normal lives. | 你們可以過上正常人的生活 |
[55:49] | I can set you free. | 我能讓你們不再是異類 |
[55:51] | All my knowledge, the success I’ve had with Freda, | 憑藉我的知識 以及芙蕾達手術的成功 |
[55:54] | let me do the same with you. | 讓我也治好你們 |
[55:57] | I’m your only hope. | 我是你僅有的希望 |
[55:59] | Nice try, Doctor. | 醫生 你想得美 |
[56:08] | Oh, God! | 我的天 |
[56:15] | Freda. | 芙蕾達 |
[56:17] | Brother! | 哥哥 |
[56:21] | No, stay away from me! | 離我遠點 |
[56:24] | Stay away! | 滾開 |
[56:25] | You’re a monster. | 你這個怪物 |
[56:27] | Look, Freda, behind you! | 芙蕾達 注意你身後 |
[57:01] | My face. | 我的臉 |
[57:03] | My face. | 我的臉 |
[57:13] | I wouldn’t want to sleep there. | 我可不想在那裏睡覺 |
[57:15] | I’d give a million dollars to know what goes on in there. | 我願意拿一百萬來知道里面在幹嘛 |
[57:26] | It’s a visual medium, | 這是一種視覺媒介 |
[57:27] | so it serves as a kind of shorthand. | 所以有類似速記的作用 |
[57:30] | A defect of the body is a kind of ocular metaphor | 身體缺陷是一種對於 |
[57:33] | for a defect of the soul. | 靈魂殘缺的視覺隱喻 |
[57:36] | Quote Quasimodo, Achilles, | 比如卡西莫多 阿基利斯 |
[57:38] | Richard III, Bloster, Goliath, Tom Thumb, | 理查德三世 布羅布塔 戈里亞 拇指湯姆 |
[57:41] | Captain Hook, Caliban, Krueger, Frankenstein, | 鐵鉤船長 卡利班 克魯格 弗蘭克斯坦 |
[57:45] | all bitter defectives. | 都有令人痛苦的缺陷 |
[57:47] | – It’s such a gamble when you get a face. – Who said that? | -臉長成什麼樣跟賭博一樣 -誰說的 |
[57:50] | …the chariot is the vehicle that drives all of that. | 戰車這種交通工具驅動了這一切 |
[57:53] | The empress and the emperor are overseeing this. | 皇帝和皇后在監督着這一切 |
[57:56] | Man, how do you do that? | 天吶 你怎麼做到的 |
[57:59] | It’s not him. It’s the cards. | 不是他 是那些卡片 |
[58:01] | How prophetic. | 真有預見性啊 |
[58:03] | – Nina! – Nora. | -妮娜 -叫我諾拉 |
[58:05] | Nora, you have to have Aristotle do you a reading. | 諾拉 你必須讓亞里士多德給你算一卦 |
[58:08] | I don’t believe in that stuff. No offence. | 我纔不信這些呢 無意冒犯 |
[58:10] | Oh, I don’t usually, but… wow! | 我一般也不信的 但是 |
[58:13] | Maybe she doesn’t want to know. | 可能她不想知道吧 |
[58:15] | Um, what time is it? | 現在幾點了 |
[58:17] | Some godforsaken hour. | 鬼知道 |
[58:19] | Oh, fuck. I gotta go and learn my goddamned lines. | 靠 我還得去背臺詞 |
[58:22] | But, trust me. This guy, got a gift. | 但相信我 他是真有天賦 |
[58:38] | Hey, Brutto. | 布魯托 |
[58:40] | What are you doing with that? | 你拿着這個幹什麼 |
[58:41] | What does it look like I’m doing? | 我看上去像在幹什麼 |
[58:42] | That’s not our camera. | 這不是我們的攝像機 |
[58:44] | They want us guarding the equipment. | 他們讓我們看管設備 |
[58:45] | That is implicit permission to use it. | 這就是含蓄地允許我們使用 |
[58:47] | Yeah. | 對啊 |
[58:49] | Let’s make a movie. | 我們拍部電影吧 |
[58:50] | I have to memorise my lines. | 我得背臺詞 |
[58:52] | I’m not gonna be blamed if you break that. | 你把它弄壞了可別想怪到我頭上 |
[58:55] | Anybody can use this. It’s digital. | 這是數碼的 人人都會用 |
[58:58] | I encourage this behavior. | 我很鼓勵這種行爲 |
[59:00] | – Does she agree? – No, actually, I don’t. | -她同意了嗎 -不 我不同意 |
[59:03] | So you’re the evil one. | 所以你是邪惡的那個 |
[59:04] | I think that makes me the evil one. | 我感覺我纔是邪惡的那個 |
[59:06] | You’re on the right. Left is the sinister one. | 你在右邊 左邊纔是邪惡的那個 |
[59:08] | Don’t you know that? | 你不知道嗎 |
[59:09] | It’s been years since somebody told me that. | 好幾年前就有人這麼告訴我了 |
[59:11] | You girls ever acted before? | 你們之前有演過戲嗎 |
[59:12] | Oh, my God, do you guys never sleep? | 天吶 你們都不睡覺的嗎 |
[59:15] | I’d stop messing around with that camera if I were you. | 我要是你 就不會亂動那臺攝像機 |
[59:17] | I think we’re being watched. | 我覺得我們被監視了 |
[59:19] | Why are you so paranoid? | 你爲什麼這麼多疑 |
[59:25] | We heard they were filming a movie in here. | 我們聽說他們在這裏拍電影 |
[59:27] | Yeah, we’re just getting started. | 是的 我們纔剛開始 |
[59:28] | – You want to be in a movie? – It doesn’t look like a movie. | -你想上電影嗎 -這看上去不像電影 |
[59:32] | – Let me tell you a story. – No. | -我給你講個故事吧 -不要 |
[59:34] | Just listen. | 聽着 |
[59:36] | – In the days of the Black Death… – I don’t care. I need to go. | -黑死病的時候 -我不在乎 我只想走 |
[59:40] | How many men have you made love to? | 你和多少男的上過牀 |
[59:42] | Nobody, you know that. | 一個人都沒有 你知道的 |
[59:43] | How can I know that? I mean, I can only hope. | 我怎麼可能知道 我只能希望是這樣 |
[59:46] | – So you’ve never had a boyfriend? – No. | -你從來沒有過男朋友嗎 -沒有 |
[59:48] | – I’m gonna be the first. – No, you won’t. | -我會是第一個 -別想了 |
[59:51] | I know that. How could I not know that? | 我知道 我怎麼可能不知道呢 |
[59:55] | But let me tell you something. | 但是 聽我說 |
[59:57] | When you do, finally, make love to a man, | 當你真的 和一個男的做愛了 |
[1:00:00] | no matter who it is, if it isn’t me, | 無論是誰 如果不是我的話 |
[1:00:03] | – I don’t know what I’ll do. – You won’t do anything. | -我不知道我該做什麼 -你什麼都不會做 |
[1:00:06] | I’ll kill myself. | 我會自殺的 |
[1:00:08] | A Family in Need is on. I have to go. | 《需要幫助的家庭》開播了 我得走了 |
[1:00:11] | – A what is on? – Oh, God. You’re so out of touch. | -什麼開播了 -我的天 你真是脫節了 |
[1:00:15] | Oh, come on! Don’t think I don’t get it. | 得了吧 你以爲我沒聽懂 |
[1:00:17] | There’s some actor on the show, right? Some hot actor. | 有些演員在表演 對吧 一些大火的明星 |
[1:00:21] | I mean, I just don’t understand you sometimes. | 我有時候真的搞不懂你了 |
[1:00:24] | I thought you were the literary type. | 我以爲你是文藝青年 |
[1:00:26] | Turns out, you’re just a child of television. | 結果 你只是個愛看電視的小孩 |
[1:00:29] | No wonder you can’t communicate properly with people. | 怪不得你無法和其他人正常溝通 |
[1:00:32] | I think you need to grow up! | 我覺得你需要成熟點了 |
[1:00:35] | No, I don’t need to take this from you. | 不 我幹嘛要聽你的 |
[1:00:37] | You have no idea how to interact with people. | 你對如何與人交際一竅不通 |
[1:00:40] | All you do is yell and act bitter | 你只會大吼 表現得很痛苦 |
[1:00:42] | because you’re deformed. | 因爲你是畸形的 |
[1:00:43] | – Oh, so you admit it now? – No, I didn’t say that. | -你承認你是這麼想的了 -我可沒說 |
[1:00:45] | You were the one that said you were deformed. | 你自己說你是畸形的 |
[1:00:47] | Oh bullshit! Why can’t we just do something fun? | 扯淡 爲什麼我們不能做點有趣的事 |
[1:00:50] | – This is fun! – This is not fun. | -這很有趣啊 -纔不是呢 |
[1:00:53] | Well, if you’d just relax! | 你放鬆一點就有趣了 |
[1:00:55] | You make out it’s a massive burden, | 你覺得和我一起玩 |
[1:00:57] | spending time with me. | 是個沉重的負擔 |
[1:00:58] | I mean, what the fuck else do you have to do, | 除了回家看電視 |
[1:01:01] | apart from go home and watch television?! | 你他媽還有什麼事情可做 |
[1:01:04] | Smile. Be happy. | 笑一個 開心點 |
[1:01:06] | Here. Now. I am fantastic company! | 此時此刻 我是個完美的玩伴 |
[1:01:11] | I am happy, okay? See? | 我很開心 看到了嗎 |
[1:01:15] | I like you fine. | 我非常喜歡你 |
[1:01:16] | I’m just not attracted to you. | 只不過你沒有吸引到我 |
[1:01:19] | I’m sorry. | 對不起 |
[1:01:23] | All you do is talk about us | 你聊的全是我們兩個 |
[1:01:26] | and ask me why our relationship is this way | 然後問我爲什麼我們的關係會這樣 |
[1:01:29] | and why it can’t be that way, and it makes me uncomfortable. | 爲什麼不能那樣 這讓我很不舒服 |
[1:01:34] | People don’t talk this way to each other. | 正常人不會這樣對話的 |
[1:01:36] | People certainly don’t threaten suicide | 正常人絕不會聊到一半 |
[1:01:37] | in the middle of conversation. | 用自殺來要挾 |
[1:01:39] | You don’t talk this way to other people. | 你不能這樣和人說話 |
[1:01:41] | You don’t talk this way to Louis. | 你不能這樣和路易斯說話 |
[1:01:45] | I don’t know how to react to you, | 我都不知道除了愛上你之外 |
[1:01:48] | other than to fall in love with you. | 對你還能有什麼反應 |
[1:01:51] | But I can’t. | 但我做不到 |
[1:01:54] | I won’t. | 也不會做到 |
[1:01:56] | I wouldn’t want to. | 我不願意 |
[1:01:59] | I just think you need to lower your standards. | 我覺得你應該降低一下標準 |
[1:02:04] | Well, whatever happens, happens. | 順其自然吧 |
[1:02:08] | Maybe I’ll end up falling in love with you. | 也許我最終會愛上你 |
[1:02:14] | Let’s go see a movie. | 我們去看個電影吧 |
[1:02:16] | A Family in Need is on | 《需要幫助的家庭》開播了 |
[1:02:18] | and it’s a really important episode. | 這集真的很重要 |
[1:02:20] | I can’t miss it. I told you that already. | 我早和你說了 我不能錯過的 |
[1:02:22] | Okay, we’ll go. We’ll watch it. | 好吧 我們走 去看電視 |
[1:02:25] | Well, I’m watching it with my sister. | 我要和我妹妹一起看 |
[1:02:28] | You know, last night, I had the most unsettling nightmare. | 昨晚我做了擾人心神的噩夢 |
[1:02:34] | – Tell me. – I was in this hospital… | -跟我說說 -我夢見我在醫院 |
[1:02:37] | And then we cut directly into the dream, right there. | 我們從這直接切到夢境 就在這 |
[1:02:41] | – Who wrote this? – Brutto did. | -誰寫的這段 -布魯托寫的 |
[1:02:44] | – Man. – You don’t like it? | -天吶 -你不喜歡嗎 |
[1:02:46] | I like it. | 我喜歡 |
[1:02:47] | Doorways, I have to duck. | 門廊太低 我得彎腰 |
[1:02:49] | Ceiling fans, chairs, | 有吊扇 椅子 |
[1:02:53] | transportation, like, you know, cars, airplanes. You? | 交通工具 比如車子 飛機 你呢 |
[1:02:59] | Er, countertops, erm… | 廚房操作檯 |
[1:03:08] | How much do you think this hospital costs? | 你覺得這醫院要收多少錢 |
[1:03:10] | How would I know? | 我怎麼知道 |
[1:03:12] | Nurse, how much does the hospital cost? | 護士 這醫院要收多少錢 |
[1:03:15] | An arm and a leg. | 很多 |
[1:03:16] | I wonder if they take insurance. | 我在想保險能不能報銷 |
[1:03:18] | – Brutto, you’ve had surgery, right? – Yeah, of course. | -布魯托 你做過手術 對嗎 -當然 |
[1:03:22] | – Like, a lot of surgery? – Yeah, I mean, yeah. So? | -是很多手術嗎 -是啊 所以呢 |
[1:03:26] | Okay, do you not want to talk about it? | 你不想談這個嗎 |
[1:03:27] | I’ll talk about it. But, why are you asking? | 我願意啊 但你爲什麼要問啊 |
[1:03:30] | I mean, I’ll tell you about my surgery. | 我會跟你講我的手術 |
[1:03:32] | – Nina, you’ve had surgery, right? – My name’s Nora. | -妮娜 你也做過手術對嗎 -我叫諾拉 |
[1:03:35] | Nora, I apologise. But, how much surgery have you had? | 不好意思 諾拉 你做過多少次手術 |
[1:03:39] | – It depends. – On what? | -這得看情況 -看什麼的情況 |
[1:03:41] | On what you call surgery. | 得看你對手術的標準 |
[1:03:43] | Well, I don’t mean getting a tattoo. | 好吧 我覺得紋個身不算 |
[1:03:44] | – Let’s put it that way. – A lot, then. | -就這麼說吧 -這樣的話 很多 |
[1:03:46] | Who do you think has had more, | 你覺得誰做的更多 |
[1:03:48] | – you or Brutto? – I had some. | -你還是布魯托 -我做過一些手術 |
[1:03:51] | – Ah, and did your insurance cover it? – Some of it. | -你的保險報銷了嗎 -報銷了一部分 |
[1:03:54] | – I don’t have insurance. – Are you serious? | -我沒保險 -真的假的 |
[1:03:56] | I can’t afford it, so what? | 我買不起 怎麼了 |
[1:03:58] | I tore a ligament in my knee, and | 我膝蓋的韌帶撕裂了 |
[1:04:00] | I had to wear a cast for a year. | 我得戴一整年的石膏 |
[1:04:01] | – Interesting. – Is that not legitimate? | -有趣 -違法了嗎 |
[1:04:04] | Oh no, I’m not saying that’s not legitimate. | 沒有 我沒說這不合法 |
[1:04:06] | I’m just commiserating with you. | 我只是同情你 |
[1:04:08] | Okay then. Gee, now I feel left out. | 好吧 天吶 我覺得我不合羣了 |
[1:04:11] | – Be glad about that. – Definitely. | -這是件好事 -那當然 |
[1:04:13] | You don’t need to feel left out. | 別感到不合羣 |
[1:04:14] | You’ve witnessed surgery. | 你剛看了一臺手術 |
[1:04:15] | Yeah, like it’s the same thing. | 說得好像是一回事一樣 |
[1:04:17] | Oh, no, no, I know it’s not the same. | 不不不 我知道這不一樣 |
[1:04:20] | But, yes, I’ve seen a lot, and it’s affected me. | 但確實 我見過許多臺 對我有觸動 |
[1:04:23] | And you’re helping people, which is great. | 你還在幫助其他人 這真的很好 |
[1:04:26] | I get emotionally attached. | 我感同身受 |
[1:04:28] | To the breast implant patients? | 對隆胸的人嗎 |
[1:04:30] | People die here. | 有些人會死在這 |
[1:04:31] | – Of malpractice, maybe? – That’s one reason. | -因爲瀆職嗎 -這只是其中一個原因 |
[1:04:34] | I was joking. | 我開玩笑的 |
[1:04:36] | Not malpractice, but all medical procedures carry risks, | 不只是瀆職 所有醫學手術都有風險 |
[1:04:39] | so, percentage-wise, some people do die. | 從比例上看 確實有人會死 |
[1:04:42] | It’s not necessarily a result of malpractice. | 不一定是瀆職導致的 |
[1:04:45] | Some people don’t tolerate anaesthesia, for instance. | 比如說 有些人對麻醉不耐受 |
[1:04:47] | But they need those breasts. | 但她們還得隆胸啊 |
[1:04:49] | They’re willing to die for those breasts. | 她們爲了隆胸願意去死 |
[1:04:51] | You guys make it sound so trivial, | 你們把它說得這麼平常無奇 |
[1:04:53] | but if a woman needs bigger breasts to feel confident, | 但如果一個女人需要大胸來獲得自信 |
[1:04:56] | and we live in a society that favours larger-chested women, | 而我們活在一個喜歡大胸女人的社會 |
[1:04:59] | how can you fault them for that? | 你又怎麼能因此責怪她們呢 |
[1:05:01] | Look at your face. | 看看你的臉吧 |
[1:05:01] | You weren’t born like that. | 你出生時候不長這樣 |
[1:05:02] | You had corrective surgery | 你做的矯正手術 |
[1:05:04] | that wasn’t medically necessary. | 在醫學上是沒必要的 |
[1:05:05] | I was an infant at the time. | 我那時候只是個嬰兒 |
[1:05:07] | I didn’t consent to any reconstructive surgery. | 他們要做修復手術我能阻止得了嗎 |
[1:05:10] | Yeah, but your parents, or whoever, | 沒錯 但你父母或其他人 |
[1:05:12] | they took a risk, so you could fit better into society. | 還是寧願賭一把 好讓你更容易融入社會 |
[1:05:15] | What do you know about how I fit into society? | 你怎麼知道我融入社會的程度 |
[1:05:18] | I’m on your side. | 我跟你是一邊的 |
[1:05:18] | I’m just defending breast implants | 我只是在爲隆胸手術辯解 |
[1:05:20] | and saying that some people think it’s necessary, | 有些人認爲這些手術是有必要的 |
[1:05:22] | and the risk is worth the reward. | 其回報完全值得冒個險 |
[1:05:24] | Yeah, but you act like everybody that goes in there dies. | 但你說的好像進了手術室的人都死了 |
[1:05:27] | That’s absolutely not what I’m implying. | 我根本沒有這樣的意思 |
[1:05:29] | We literally have the best doctors in the world. | 我們有世界頂尖的醫生 |
[1:05:30] | Dr Godwin, right? | 戈德溫醫生是嗎 |
[1:05:32] | Goodrich. Dr Goodrich is the best. | 古德利奇 古德利奇醫生是最棒的 |
[1:05:34] | For what he does, he’s the best. | 在他這個領域他是最厲害的 |
[1:05:35] | People come from literally all over the world to see him. | 人們從世界各地飛過來找他 |
[1:05:38] | What’s so great about him? | 他好在哪兒啊 |
[1:05:39] | He’s really good. | 他就是很厲害 |
[1:05:41] | He’s pioneered all sorts of procedures. | 他開創了各種各樣的手術先例 |
[1:05:42] | Look him up online. | 你去網上查查他 |
[1:05:43] | Maybe I should go see him. | 那我也得去找他看看 |
[1:05:45] | Oh, he’s booked years in advance. | 他的預約都排到後面好幾年了 |
[1:05:47] | – Years? – Mm-hmm. | -好幾年啊 -是的 |
[1:05:48] | Rosenthal? | 羅森薩爾 |
[1:05:49] | – What is happening? – Rosenthal? | -怎麼回事 -羅森薩爾 |
[1:05:52] | Nurse, both of you, come on, do something. | 你們兩個護士 幫幫他啊 |
[1:05:56] | I, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:05:57] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道該做些什麼 |
[1:05:58] | Has this happened before? | 之前發生過這樣的情況嗎 |
[1:05:59] | Someone call a doctor! | 快去叫個醫生 |
[1:06:01] | Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! | 我的天 我的天 |
[1:06:05] | Okay, cut. | 好 停 |
[1:06:08] | That was fun. | 挺好玩呢 |
[1:06:09] | Okay, guys, | 好了大夥們 |
[1:06:10] | please don’t make me do that again. | 請不要讓我再重新演一次了 |
[1:06:12] | I’m sorry, everybody. | 抱歉了 大家 |
[1:06:13] | I think we should try it one more time. | 我覺得我們還得再重來一次 |
[1:06:15] | What was wrong with it? | 剛剛演得還不夠好嗎 |
[1:06:16] | It didn’t feel real. | 感覺不真實 |
[1:06:18] | Brutto, you were too aggressive. | 布魯托 你攻擊性太強了 |
[1:06:21] | That’s the way it was written. | 臺詞就是這麼寫的 |
[1:06:23] | Well, let’s just try to soften it a bit. | 試着讓語氣柔和一點 |
[1:06:27] | Okay, coughing for real now. | 現在是真的在咳嗽了 |
[1:06:29] | I’m not doing it again. | 我纔不要再演一遍 |
[1:06:30] | You sound just like your character. | 你口氣跟你角色一模一樣 |
[1:06:33] | Rosenthal, you write one. | 羅森薩爾 你寫個新臺詞吧 |
[1:06:36] | – Nah, I’m good. – Why not? | -不 我算了 -爲什麼啊 |
[1:06:38] | It can be anything, | 什麼都行 |
[1:06:40] | something that you can never be in real life. | 比如你在現實世界裏不能實現的事 |
[1:06:44] | Well, I’ve always wanted to be a waiter. | 我一直想當個服務生 |
[1:06:46] | To play one? | 演服務生嗎 |
[1:06:47] | No, to actually be one. | 不是 是真的做個服務生 |
[1:06:49] | That’s never gonna happen. | 那是不可能的了 |
[1:06:50] | Oh, I know, But it would be great. | 我知道 但要是真的該有多好 |
[1:06:53] | Tell us about it, Rosenthal. | 詳細說說吧 羅森薩爾 |
[1:06:57] | So, there I am, | 好 那個主角是我 |
[1:06:58] | the hustle and bustle of the restaurant, | 在熙熙攘攘的飯店裏 |
[1:07:01] | waiter’s uniform. | 穿着服務生的制服 |
[1:07:03] | I go up to a group of customers. | 有一桌客人們 我走上前去 |
[1:07:05] | They’re in a booth in the corner. | 他們就坐在角落的卡座裏 |
[1:07:07] | And I say to them, | 然後我問 |
[1:07:08] | “Good evening, how are we all?” | “晚上好 你們好嗎” |
[1:07:10] | And they reply, | 他們回答 |
[1:07:12] | “Fine, thank you. How are you?” | “很好 謝謝 你呢” |
[1:07:15] | “Well, it’s a bit busy. But I can’t complain. | “今天有點忙 但也沒什麼好抱怨的 |
[1:07:18] | We have some specials on the menu tonight. | 我們今晚菜單有些特色菜 |
[1:07:20] | Would you like to see them?” | 想看看嗎” |
[1:07:22] | They reply, “Yes, we would.” | 他們回答 “可以” |
[1:07:25] | The exchange continues as you think it would, | 對話就這樣持續下去 你也想象得到 |
[1:07:27] | till, finally, we get to the point where I say, | 直到最後我說 |
[1:07:30] | “Are we ready to order?” | “可以點單了嗎” |
[1:07:33] | One of the girls pipes up and says, | 其中一個女客人先開口了 |
[1:07:35] | “I’ll have the tuna melt and a Diet Coke.” | “我要吞拿魚三明治和健怡可樂” |
[1:07:38] | You’re working at a diner? | 你在個小餐館裏上班 |
[1:07:41] | Okay, one of the girls pipes up and says, | 行吧 其中一個女客人先開口了 |
[1:07:45] | “I’ll have the Dover sole, please.” | “我要個龍利魚塊 麻煩了” |
[1:07:48] | Dover sole and a Diet Coke?! | 龍利魚塊和健怡可樂 |
[1:07:52] | One of the girls pipes up and says, | 其中一個女客人先開口了 |
[1:07:54] | “I’ll have the Dover sole | “我要龍利魚塊 |
[1:07:56] | and a glass of red wine, please.” | 和一杯紅酒 麻煩了” |
[1:07:58] | Fish and red wine?! | 魚和紅酒 |
[1:08:00] | Why is everyone looking at me? | 怎麼你們都看着我啊 |
[1:08:02] | I don’t even like movies. | 我其實根本不喜歡電影 |
[1:08:03] | Someone else write one. | 你們其他人寫吧 |
[1:08:04] | I’ve got to learn my goddamned lines | 我還得去揹我那些煩人的臺詞 |
[1:08:06] | and take my goddamned medication. | 吃煩人的藥呢 |
[1:08:08] | I’m done with this. | 我不說了 |
[1:08:09] | I have a movie. | 我有個電影創意 |
[1:08:10] | I’m goin’ to bed. | 我要回牀上去了 |
[1:08:12] | I’m gonna learn my goddamned lines. | 我還有一堆臺詞要背呢 |
[1:08:14] | Oh great, now a woman wants to make a movie, | “好”極了 一個女人想做個電影 |
[1:08:17] | and nobody wants to help. | 就沒人想幫忙了 |
[1:08:18] | Hey, I made one. | 我做過電影 |
[1:08:19] | I’ll help you. | 我來幫你 |
[1:08:21] | Maybe it’s too ambitious for tonight anyways. | 也許對於今晚來說太過雄心勃勃了 |
[1:08:23] | No, tell us about it. | 不會 告訴我們吧 |
[1:08:25] | Okay, well… | 好吧 |
[1:08:58] | My face | 我的臉 |
[1:09:07] | Real acid. | 這是真的硫酸 |
[1:09:11] | Who did this? | 誰幹的 |
[1:09:15] | Hi, Mabel. | 你好 梅布爾 |
[1:09:17] | It’s great to see you again. | 很高興再次見到你 |
[1:09:30] | Comfy? | 舒服嗎 |
[1:09:32] | All right, turn to me. | 好 看着我 |
[1:09:37] | Okay. | 行了 |
[1:09:39] | This is Lisa. She’s a medical student. | 這是麗莎 她是醫學生 |
[1:09:42] | I hope you don’t mind if she observes our exam, today. | 希望你不介意她在旁邊觀察 |
[1:09:45] | That’s fine. | 沒關係 |
[1:09:47] | So, Lisa, this is a very interesting case. | 麗莎 這是個有趣的病例 |
[1:09:50] | Why don’t you present her to me? | 不如由你來向我介紹她的情況吧 |
[1:09:55] | Um, this is Mabel Fairchild. | 這是梅布爾·費爾柴爾德 |
[1:09:59] | She’s a 30-year-old, white female | 年齡30 白人女性 |
[1:10:01] | who originally presented to Trinity Hospital in 2017 | 最初在2017年因三級化學燒傷 |
[1:10:04] | with third-degree chemical burns | 入住三一醫院 |
[1:10:07] | resulting from an accident on a movie set. | 起因是電影拍攝事故 |
[1:10:11] | They affected 20% of her body, | 燒傷面積達身體的20% |
[1:10:13] | including her head, oral mucosa, neck | 包括她的頭部 口腔粘膜 脖頸 |
[1:10:15] | and left-upper extremity. | 以及左上肢 |
[1:10:18] | In the ED, she was found to be hypotensive, | 在急診室時被發現有低血壓 |
[1:10:20] | was fluid resuscitated and then admitted to the ICU | 經過人工體液增補後進入重症監護室 |
[1:10:23] | and was ultimately transferred to Mount Sinai, | 在最後被轉移到了設有燒傷科的 |
[1:10:25] | where there’s a burn unit. | 西奈山醫院 |
[1:10:27] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:10:28] | Continue. | 繼續 |
[1:10:30] | – She also… – You’re doing great. | -她還 -你也做得很棒 |
[1:10:33] | She also had a bout | 她還經歷了一次 |
[1:10:35] | of acute renal failure, presumably due | 急性腎衰竭 初步預估是因 |
[1:10:37] | to ATN from her hypotensive episode, | 低血壓發作引起的急性腎小管壞死 |
[1:10:39] | but that is not resolved. | 但目前還不能下定論 |
[1:10:41] | Surgery, plastics and ophthalmology were all following. | 緊接着是手術 整形及眼科護理 |
[1:10:44] | She had a flap procedure to reconstruct part | 她還做了皮瓣手術來重建 |
[1:10:47] | of her nose and left buccal area, | 她的部分鼻部區域和左臉頰 |
[1:10:49] | which she seems to have tolerated pretty well. | 目前看起來她狀態還不錯 |
[1:10:51] | Overall, she spent a month in the hospital | 總的來說 她在醫院呆了一個月 |
[1:10:53] | and now presents for routine follow-up. | 現在只需接受例行檢查 |
[1:10:56] | The only thing of note is that, | 唯一值得注意的是 |
[1:10:58] | she appears to have started smoking again, | 她又開始抽菸了 |
[1:10:59] | up to one-half pack a day, | 高達一天半包的煙量 |
[1:11:01] | and her alcohol intake is | 她每週酒精攝入量爲 |
[1:11:03] | up to five or more glasses of wine a week, | 5杯以上的葡萄酒 |
[1:11:07] | which makes me a little concerned about whether | 所以我擔心會不會出現 |
[1:11:10] | there’s a substance-related issue going on. | 與上述物質相關的病症 |
[1:11:33] | Can you actually make that two, on me? | 倒兩杯吧 算我賬上 |
[1:11:40] | You’re not drinking alone, are ya? | 你一個人喝嗎 |
[1:11:47] | Here you are. | 給你 |
[1:11:49] | Keep it. | 不用找了 |
[1:11:54] | Has anyone ever done anything nice for you before? | 之前有過對你這麼好的人嗎 |
[1:11:56] | What do you want? | 你想幹什麼 |
[1:11:58] | I just want to buy a girl a drink. | 我只是單純想請女孩子喝酒 |
[1:12:00] | You just say “thank you”. | 你說”謝謝”就好了 |
[1:12:04] | Man, you try and do something nice for someone. | 我只是想做點好事而已 |
[1:12:08] | Cheer up. | 開心一點 |
[1:12:12] | Come meet my friends. | 來見見我的朋友吧 |
[1:12:14] | Just say it. | 你就直接說吧 |
[1:12:16] | Say what? | 說什麼 |
[1:12:16] | Say what you want to say! | 說你想說的 |
[1:12:18] | What do I want to say? | 我想說什麼 |
[1:12:21] | Jesus, you’re paranoid. | 我的天 你太多疑了 |
[1:12:24] | Ice-fucking-cold. | 他媽的冰山一樣 |
[1:12:32] | If you don’t want to deal with people, | 如果你不想和人打交道 |
[1:12:34] | maybe you shouldn’t fucking go out in public. | 你就別他媽出現在公共場合裏 |
[1:12:36] | Keep the drink. You look like you need it. | 你留着喝吧 看上去你很需要 |
[1:12:56] | Hi, how are you? | 你好嗎 |
[1:12:58] | I’m fine. | 還可以 |
[1:12:59] | Are you ready to order? | 可以點單了嗎 |
[1:13:02] | Erm… Yeah, a tuna melt and a Diet Coke, please. | 好 一個吞拿魚三明治和健怡可樂 |
[1:13:06] | Don’t be frightened. | 別害怕 |
[1:13:10] | Sorry, do I know you? | 不好意思 我認識你嗎 |
[1:13:12] | You don’t recognise me? | 你認不出我了 |
[1:13:16] | Rosenthal! | 羅森薩爾 |
[1:13:18] | No, it can’t be. What, what happened? | 不 不可能 這是怎麼回事 |
[1:13:24] | Hard to believe, isn’t it? | 難以置信 是吧 |
[1:13:28] | It’s impossible. | 這不可能 |
[1:13:31] | How? | 怎麼辦到的 |
[1:13:33] | Goodrich. You remember? | 古德利奇 記得嗎 |
[1:13:35] | The doctor from the hospital | 就是我們拍《不受歡迎的人》時 |
[1:13:37] | where we shot The Undesirables, | 那個醫院裏的醫生 |
[1:13:38] | or Marked for Life as it was called then. | 那時候好像也叫《一輩子的標記》 |
[1:13:41] | Goodrich fixed all of us, | 古德利奇修復了我們全部人 |
[1:13:44] | Phrosa, the twins, Aristotle. | 佛羅莎 雙胞胎和亞里士多德 |
[1:13:47] | He saved us. | 他救了我們 |
[1:13:48] | I could never imagine, | 我無法想象 |
[1:13:50] | people get used to anything. | 人可以習慣任何事情 |
[1:13:52] | After a while, it just felt normal. | 一段時間後 我完全適應了 |
[1:13:56] | But, now that I’m free, | 我既然不再是異類了 |
[1:13:59] | I have my dream job. | 我有了我夢想的工作 |
[1:14:02] | And I can’t wait for you to meet Lily. | 我等不及讓你見莉莉了 |
[1:14:05] | Your wife? | 你嗎 |
[1:14:07] | My dog. | 我的狗 |
[1:14:08] | Dogs love me now. And I love dogs. | 狗狗們現在都愛我 我也愛狗狗 |
[1:14:11] | You need to have the procedure. | 你也去做手術吧 |
[1:14:13] | Feel my skin. | 摸摸我的皮膚 |
[1:14:16] | It’s real fresh, | 很嫩吧 |
[1:14:18] | made from stem cells or something. | 是幹細胞或者什麼東西製作的 |
[1:14:21] | He knows what happened to you, | 他知道你經歷了什麼 |
[1:14:22] | and he wants to help. | 他想幫你 |
[1:14:24] | Oh, I’ve seen so many doctors. | 我已經看過很多醫生了 |
[1:14:27] | But he’s not a doctor. | 但他不是醫生 |
[1:14:28] | He’s a miracle worker. | 他是奇蹟製造者 |
[1:14:31] | I’m living proof. | 我就是個活生生的證據 |
[1:14:33] | Do it while you’re still young. | 趁你還年輕快去做吧 |
[1:14:36] | It’s too late for me. | 對我來說已經太晚了 |
[1:14:38] | Five years is nothing. | 5年時間不長的 |
[1:14:41] | You can even have your career back. | 你還能做回你的工作 |
[1:14:44] | – I’m too old. – Or who knows? | -我太老了 -這說不定的 |
[1:14:46] | There’s loads of good roles in television, I hear. | 我聽說電視上還有很多其他好角色的 |
[1:14:50] | Anyway, it’s never too late to be happy. | 總而言之 快樂永遠不嫌晚 |
[1:14:53] | You’d be crazy to refuse. | 你沒理由拒絕 |
[1:14:55] | Why suffer? | 爲什麼要讓自己受苦呢 |
[1:14:57] | For what? For nothing. | 你這樣受苦沒有意義 |
[1:15:01] | Go to him. | 快去找他吧 |
[1:15:02] | We can be together, Mabel. | 我們可以在一起 梅布爾 |
[1:15:04] | I’m so happy, I can’t tell you. | 和你在一起我太開心了 |
[1:15:27] | Rosenthal. | 羅森薩爾 |
[1:15:31] | It’s you. | 你來了 |
[1:15:33] | I don’t want to disturb you. | 我不想打擾到你 |
[1:15:35] | No, don’t go, though. Stay with me. | 不 別走 留下來陪我 |
[1:15:48] | No, please, don’t. | 別這樣 |
[1:15:53] | You don’t have to be afraid. | 你不用感到害怕 |
[1:16:11] | I think you’re beautiful. | 我覺得你很美 |
[1:16:13] | Me, beautiful? | 你是說我很美 |
[1:16:18] | Especially your eyes. | 尤其是你的眼睛 |
[1:16:21] | You have such beautiful eyes. | 你有一雙漂亮的眼睛 |
[1:18:05] | Why are you so kind to me? | 你爲什麼對我這麼好 |
[1:18:13] | Cut. | 停 |
[1:18:16] | She didn’t do the German accent. | 她沒用德國口音 |
[1:18:19] | What more can I do? | 我還能怎麼辦呢 |
[1:18:22] | Another take. | 再來一次 |
[1:18:25] | No, I’ve done everything. | 不 我的工作已經完成了 |
[1:18:28] | Now I must wash my hands of this. | 我可不想再幹這差事了 |
[1:18:33] | We tell ourselves stories in order so that we might live. | 我們按條理講故事才能生存 |
[1:18:37] | Man has been telling himself stories | 從我們的祖先開始 |
[1:18:39] | since the time of his earliest ancestors. | 人類就開始講故事 |
[1:18:41] | An innate, human impulse, you know, the longing for, | 人類有一種原始的衝動 |
[1:18:45] | for order, for symmetry, for, you know, for beauty. | 即對秩序 對稱和美的內在渴望 |
[1:18:49] | Right. | 沒錯 |
[1:18:50] | So, a good story satisfies that longing, | 一個好的故事能滿足這種渴望 |
[1:18:53] | like a three-act structure. | 比如一個三幕式結構的故事 |
[1:18:54] | That’s like an attractive woman | 就像一個很有魅力的女人 |
[1:18:56] | or, God, you know, ideal, but attainable. | 或者是神 完美卻沒有距離感 |
[1:19:00] | Yeah, but if everything were ideal, | 是 但如果一切都是完美的 |
[1:19:04] | nothing would be ideal. | 那就不存在完美了 |
[1:19:07] | That’s why I like you, bright boy. | 這就是我喜歡你的原因 聰明的傢伙 |
[1:19:19] | The car’s here whenever you’re ready. | 車已經到了 就等你準備好了 |
[1:19:22] | Hi, before you go, I wanted to give you this | 在你走之前我想把這個給你 |
[1:19:26] | from my secret stash. | 這是我的祕密好物 |
[1:19:28] | – What is it? – Dr Lichter’s Magic Cream. | -這是什麼 -利希特爾醫生的魔法面霜 |
[1:19:31] | – Ah, the anti-laughing cream. – Mm-hmm. | -那個抗笑面霜 -沒錯 |
[1:19:33] | – I’ll try not to smile. – I believe in you. | -我儘量不笑 -我相信你 |
[1:19:36] | You know Dr Lichter? | 你認識利希特爾醫生嗎 |
[1:19:37] | Oh yeah, he lives in my mom’s building. You know him, too? | 沒錯 他和我媽住一棟樓 你也認識嗎 |
[1:19:39] | Yeah, he’s, um, a friend of my agent. | 是的 他是我經紀人的一個朋友 |
[1:19:42] | – What is this stuff? – Oh, it’s nothing. | -這是什麼 -沒什麼 |
[1:19:44] | – For girls. – It’s for girls. | -這是女生用的 -沒錯 |
[1:19:46] | Well, then. Yeah. | 那好吧 |
[1:19:48] | Dr Lichter is really a genius. | 利希特爾醫生真是一個天才 |
[1:19:50] | – Mad genius. – Uh-huh. | -瘋狂的天才 -是這樣 |
[1:19:51] | God, I feel left out not knowing this guy. | 天 我不認識他都好像不合羣了 |
[1:19:53] | – We’ll hook you up, one of us. – Right, one of us. | -我們都可以給你介紹的 -沒錯 |
[1:20:00] | Sarah? | 薩拉 |
[1:20:02] | If you don’t mind, | 如果你不介意的話 |
[1:20:05] | I’d like to talk to Mabel alone. | 我想和梅布爾單獨聊會 |
[1:20:08] | Oh, I, er, um, sure. | 沒問題 |
[1:20:19] | What’s this about anti-laughing cream? | 抗笑面霜是怎麼回事 |
[1:20:22] | Er, it’s just a joke. | 只是一個玩笑 |
[1:20:24] | “A derisu non procul abest risus.” | 笑聲總是伴隨着嘲笑 |
[1:20:29] | “Laughter is never very far from derision.” | 笑聲總是伴隨着嘲笑 |
[1:20:32] | Who said that? | 誰說的 |
[1:20:35] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[1:20:37] | Er, well… | 好吧 |
[1:20:38] | it’s impressive. Latin. | 挺讓人印象深刻的 拉丁語 |
[1:20:41] | – Dead language. – You’re keeping it alive. | -死去的語言 -你讓它富有生機 |
[1:20:44] | One day, it’ll be gone. | 總有一天它還是會消失 |
[1:20:46] | Well, not you, you’re immortalised on celluloid. | 好吧 但你不會 你的電影讓你不朽 |
[1:20:49] | Another dead language. | 另一種死去的語言 |
[1:20:52] | You wanted to talk about something? | 你想聊些什麼嗎 |
[1:20:55] | Yes. Well, no, I just… | 是的 也不是 我只是 |
[1:21:00] | Well, Mabel, I wanted to say… | 梅布爾 我想說 |
[1:21:10] | It’s been a pleasure working with you. | 很高興和你共事 |
[1:22:23] | Hello, madame. | 你好 女士 |
[1:22:26] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:22:28] | Are we having a good day? | 今天過得愉快嗎 |
[1:22:31] | Pretty good. How’s your day? | 挺不錯的 你呢 |
[1:22:32] | Very good. Thank you for asking. | 很好 謝謝你的問候 |
[1:22:35] | We are going to the airport, yes? | 我們去機場 是嗎 |
[1:22:38] | Yeah. | 沒錯 |
[1:22:41] | You are an actress? | 你是一個演員嗎 |
[1:22:44] | I am. | 是的 |
[1:22:45] | You are very beautiful. | 你很美麗 |
[1:22:47] | Thank you. | 謝謝 |
[1:22:52] | Er, shouldn’t we have turned left? | 我們剛剛不應該左轉嗎 |
[1:22:57] | Ah, yes, madame, but the road is closed that way. | 是的女士 但是那條路被封了 |
[1:23:00] | They found a dead man. | 他們發現了一具屍體 |
[1:23:02] | No way through. | 沒辦法從那開過去 |
[1:23:03] | Police close it. | 警察把路封了 |
[1:23:07] | The killer. | 那個殺人兇手 |
[1:23:09] | I love movies. | 我愛電影 |
[1:23:11] | I see every movie ever made. You know Indiana Jones? | 我幾乎看過所有電影 你知道《奪寶奇兵》嗎 |
[1:23:16] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[1:23:17] | That is the best movie ever made. | 有史以來最棒的電影 |
[1:23:21] | You and me are the same. We are both artists. | 你和我一樣 我們都是藝術家 |
[1:23:25] | You’re an artist? | 你是一個藝術家嗎 |
[1:23:26] | Yes, madame. I am many, many things. | 是的女士 我有很多很多身份 |
[1:23:30] | Here, this is my book. | 給你看看我的書 |
[1:23:38] | You wrote this? | 這是你寫的嗎 |
[1:23:39] | Yes, madame. | 是的女士 |
[1:23:43] | What is it? I can’t read the language. | 說的是什麼 我不懂這個語言 |
[1:23:46] | It is a story of how I escaped my country. | 它講述了我如何逃出我的國家的故事 |
[1:23:49] | What’s your country? | 你來自哪個國家 |
[1:23:51] | I am from Nigeria. | 我來自尼日利亞 |
[1:23:52] | You know Nigeria? | 你知道尼日利亞嗎 |
[1:23:55] | – Africa. – Africa, that is right. | -一個非洲國家 -是的 在非洲 |
[1:24:00] | My wife and children are there still. | 我的妻子和孩子們還在那裏 |
[1:24:05] | God, I’m sorry. | 天吶 抱歉 |
[1:24:07] | But God has a plan. | 但是上帝自有安排 |
[1:24:11] | Yeah, he does. | 是的 他自有安排 |
[1:24:14] | This is a book I write about my experience. | 這本書我寫的是自己的經歷 |
[1:24:17] | I would next like to make a movie of it. | 我以後想把它拍成電影 |
[1:24:19] | It’ll make a very, very good movie, | 它一定是一部非常 非常棒的電影 |
[1:24:20] | because there’s a lot of action. | 因爲有很多動作片的元素 |
[1:24:23] | Who would you have play you? | 你會讓誰來扮演你呢 |
[1:24:25] | I will play myself. | 我自己扮演我自己 |
[1:24:27] | But, if Hollywood wants to make this movie, then | 但是如果好萊塢要拍這部電影 |
[1:24:30] | maybe we get Denzel Washington. | 那可能會讓丹澤爾·華盛頓演吧 |
[1:24:33] | Or Daniel Day-Lewis. | 或者丹尼爾·戴·劉易斯 |
[1:24:35] | Oh, phenomenal actor. | 他真是一個非凡的演員 |
[1:24:39] | Well, you should have someone | 好吧 你應該讓人 |
[1:24:40] | translate your book, so I can read it. | 翻譯你的書 這樣我才能看懂 |
[1:24:43] | I translated it. You can download it on Amazon.com. | 我已經翻譯了 你可以在亞馬遜網下載 |
[1:24:47] | I’ll download it when I get home. What is the title? | 我到家下載看看 書名是什麼 |
[1:24:51] | Title is hard to translate. | 書名很難翻譯 |
[1:24:53] | It means like, My Sad Tale, | 它的意思是 我《悲傷的故事》 |
[1:24:56] | but I call it My Struggle, | 但我翻譯成《我的鬥爭》 |
[1:24:58] | because this sounds more commercial. | 因爲這樣聽起來更有商業氣息 |
[1:25:02] | If you like it, please give five-star review. | 如果你喜歡的話 請給我五星評價 |
[1:25:06] | And, when I make this movie, | 我拍這部電影的時候 |
[1:25:07] | you can be in the movie, too! | 你也可以參演 |
[1:25:12] | Yeah. | 行啊 |
[1:25:15] | God, wow, that’s incredible. | 天吶 這真的很不可思議 |
[1:25:17] | You escaped, and you’re a limo driver | 你成功脫身 然後成爲了一名豪車司機 |
[1:25:22] | and a published author. | 還成爲了一名出版作家 |
[1:25:25] | Yes. I know nine languages. | 是的 我會九種語言 |
[1:25:31] | I am also a math wizard. | 我還是一個數學巫師 |
[1:25:34] | – Math? – Yes. | -數學嗎 -是的 |
[1:25:36] | Let me demonstrate. | 讓我給你展示一下 |
[1:25:38] | Ask me to multiply something. | 問我一些乘法 |
[1:25:45] | Give me two numbers, and I’ll multiply them. | 給我兩個數字 我把它們相乘 |
[1:25:49] | I don’t know. I can’t think of any. | 我不知道 我想不出什麼數字 |
[1:25:51] | You cannot think of two numbers? | 你連兩個數字都想不出來嗎 |
[1:25:56] | Six and twenty? | 六乘二十 |
[1:25:58] | No, madame, that is too easy. | 這太簡單了女士 |
[1:26:00] | Much harder. Give me much harder. | 給我難一些的 |
[1:26:05] | 642 times 9,060. | 642乘9060 |
[1:26:14] | 642 times 9,060 is, uh, | 642乘9060 我想想 |
[1:26:19] | 5,816,520. | 【掛】5816520 |
[1:26:27] | Look it up on your mobile phone. | 你用手機算一下 |
[1:26:30] | Oh, uh, say that again. | 再說一遍答案 |
[1:26:33] | 5,816,520. | 【掛】5816520 |
[1:26:40] | That’s insane. | 這太誇張了 |
[1:26:42] | How did, how did you do that? | 你到底是怎麼做到的 |
[1:26:44] | I am a math wizard. | 我是一個數學巫師 |
[1:26:48] | No, that’s impossible. | 不 這不可能 |
[1:26:51] | God, what else are you freakishly good at? | 天吶 你還會什麼不可思議的 |
[1:26:55] | I make a TV show. See this here? | 我有製作一個電視節目 看到這個了嗎 |
[1:27:02] | Is that a camera? | 這是一個攝像頭嗎 |
[1:27:03] | Yes, I film my passengers. | 是的 我拍攝我的乘客 |
[1:27:07] | – Are you filming now? – Oh no, no, no. | -你現在正在拍攝嗎 -當然沒有 |
[1:27:10] | I always ask for permission before I film. | 我在拍攝前都會先取得允許 |
[1:27:13] | I am very smart, and I do not want to get sued. | 我很明智 我可不想被起訴 |
[1:27:16] | So, I always ask for verbal consent without fail. | 我總是能獲得口頭允許 |
[1:27:20] | Will you consent? | 你會同意嗎 |
[1:27:24] | What is it for? | 這個節目是拍什麼的 |
[1:27:26] | I film my passengers answering math problems, | 我拍乘客回答數學問題 |
[1:27:29] | and I want to make a TV show to help children learn math. | 我想拍一個電視節目來幫孩子們學習數學 |
[1:27:36] | But I’m terrible at math. | 但我的數學很糟糕 |
[1:27:39] | I mean, I, I’d seem like an idiot. | 我看上去就像一個傻子 |
[1:27:43] | I know a special way to teach math. | 我知道一種特別的教數學的方式 |
[1:27:46] | Look, right now, this is only a dream. | 現在它還只是一個夢想 |
[1:27:49] | But I will edit the show, put it on YouTube, | 但我會編輯這個節目 放在油管上 |
[1:27:52] | and then it will get very popular. | 相信這個節目會火起來的 |
[1:27:54] | And then I get famous enough to ask President Trump | 我也會出名到可以請求特朗普總統 |
[1:27:57] | to bring my family from Nigeria. | 把我的家庭從尼日利亞帶到美國 |
[1:28:01] | And, er, he will do as I ask. | 他會滿足我的請求的 |
[1:28:07] | You’re an extraordinary man. | 你是一個了不起的人 |
[1:28:13] | Will you consent to film? | 你會同意我拍攝嗎 |
[1:28:16] | I’ll leave it in your hands, | 一切取決於你 |
[1:28:17] | but I will be very grateful if you would allow it. | 但如果你允許的話我會非常感激 |
[1:28:22] | Do I have your permission? | 我得到允許了嗎 |