时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Elizabeth, this is Erika Cheung. | 伊丽莎白 这是艾丽卡·钟 |
[00:02] | It’s her first day. | 她第一天报到 |
[00:03] | Welcome to Theranos. | 欢迎加入血液检测公司 |
[00:05] | Here, put it on the camera on your computer. | 拿去 贴在你计算机的摄像头上 |
[00:07] | Why? | 为什么? |
[00:08] | So they can’t watch you. | 这样他们才没办法监视你 |
[00:10] | If Ian had testified, it would have invalidated Theranos’ patents. | 如果伊恩出来作证 血液检测公司的专利就会失效 |
[00:13] | For a story like this, I really need someone with firsthand knowledge. | 像这样的报道 我需要有第一手资料的人 |
[00:16] | They must be running everything on the Siemens machines | 他们一定是用西门子的机器 运算所有数据 |
[00:18] | to get around the regulators. | 才能规避监管 |
[00:19] | Do you really think she’d let that happen? | 你真的认为她会放任这种事发生? |
[00:20] | Dude, she is the CEO. She knows what’s going on. | 她是首席执行官 她很清楚一切 |
[00:23] | Are you running the Edison proficiency tests | 你用西门子的机器 |
[00:25] | on Siemens machines? | 做爱迪生的能力试验吗? |
[00:26] | You have no idea what you’re talking about. | 你根本不知道自己在说什么 |
[00:28] | You believe Theranos is lying to regulators? | 你相信血液检测公司欺骗监管机构 |
[00:32] | Yeah, that’s why we need you to start asking questions. | 对 所以我们才需要你来发问 |
[00:34] | No, I won’t. | 我不会问的 |
[00:36] | I’m ready for your questions now. | 我准备好要回答问题了 |
[00:37] | How is Theranos defrauding Walgreens? | 血液检测公司是如何欺骗沃尔格林? |
[00:40] | Yeah, hello. | 喂? |
[00:42] | Uh, John Carreyrou? | 约翰·卡雷鲁? |
[00:43] | This is Tyler Schultz. | 我是泰勒·舒尔茨 |
[00:48] | You founded this company 12 years ago, right? | 你在12年前创立了这家公司对吧? |
[00:52] | Tell them how old you were. | 告诉观众你当时几岁 |
[00:53] | I was 19. | 那时我19岁 |
[00:57] | So… | 那么… |
[01:02] | Don’t worry about the future, we’re in good hands. | 不用担心未来 有人帮我们设想好了 |
[02:09] | I look back on this brilliant young woman’s, uh, vision, | 我回顾这位才华横溢年轻女性的远见 |
[02:14] | and I think to myself, how in God’s name at 19 | 我心想 天知道要怎么在19岁 |
[02:18] | was she able to convince some of the leading professors in America, | 说服美国的顶尖教授们… |
[02:22] | uh, let alone her parents, to give her all her tuition money | 更别说要父母把所有的学费给她 |
[02:26] | to go and say, “I got an idea. I’m going to start a company.” | 然后说 “我有个主意 我要开间公司” |
[02:59] | So the Theranos report for the patient came back | 血液检测公司的报告显示病人 |
[03:01] | showing an abnormally high TSH value. | 有异常高的TSH值 |
[03:05] | But the patient was already taking thyroid medication | 但患者已经服用 甲状腺药物 |
[03:07] | – to lower that value? – Precisely. | -降低该值?-正是 |
[03:09] | And the Theranos results indicated the medication wasn’t working. | 而血液检测公司的结果 显示药物不起作用 |
[03:13] | Was Theranos correct? | 那血液检测公司是正确的吗? |
[03:14] | This patient was pregnant, okay. | 这个病人怀孕了好吗? |
[03:17] | Increasing her dosage would have made | 增加她的剂量 会让 |
[03:18] | her thyroid hormone levels so high, | 她的甲状腺激素高到 |
[03:20] | it would have put her pregnancy at risk. | 有流产危险的程度 |
[03:24] | Would you go on the record with this? | 你愿意公开发表此事吗? |
[03:27] | Abso-fucking-lutely. | 他妈的肯定 |
[03:30] | I tracked down a patient who spent Thanksgiving in the ER | 我找到了一个病人 她在急诊室度过了感恩节 |
[03:33] | because a Theranos test told her incorrectly | 因为血液检测公司的测试 给了她错误的讯息 |
[03:36] | she was having a stroke. | 说她中风了 |
[03:37] | Thousands of dollars in medical bills. | 花了几千美元的医药费 |
[03:39] | I spoke with a cancer survivor, | 我和一位癌症幸存者聊过 |
[03:41] | took a Theranos test, thought her cancer had come back. | 她做过血液检测公司测试 以为自己的癌症复发了 |
[03:43] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[03:44] | I have three doctors on the record. | 我找到三位医生愿意公开站出来 |
[03:47] | I have the Mark Roessler emails. | 我有马克·罗斯勒的电子邮件 |
[03:48] | He sent you those? | 他寄给你了吗? |
[03:50] | No, not yet, but he should shortly. | 还没有 应该很快了 |
[03:51] | From what he describes, they’re pretty damning. | 据他描述 这些信应该很证据确凿 |
[03:53] | I’ve got Gardner and Gibbons on the record | 我有加德纳和吉本斯愿意公开发表 |
[03:55] | and Tyler Schultz on background. | 还有泰勒·舒尔茨愿意匿名 |
[03:57] | Wait, wait, uh, back up. Tyler who? | 等一下 哪个泰勒? |
[03:59] | This kid worked in the labs with Erika Cheung. | 他和艾丽卡·钟一起工作 |
[04:01] | He’s George Schultz’s grandson. | 他是乔治·舒尔茨的孙子 |
[04:05] | Does Schultz know his grandson is talking to us? | 舒尔茨知道他孙子跟我们说吗? |
[04:06] | Oh no. And I have to make sure he doesn’t. | 不知道 而且我得确保他不会知道 |
[04:09] | Yeah, no shit. | 一定要 |
[04:11] | It smells really good. | 闻起来好香 |
[04:13] | – Can I have the crackers? – Nope. | -饼干可以给我吃吗? -不行 |
[04:15] | So we ought to be thankful that Elizabeth Holmes wasn’t running | 我们应该感谢 伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 |
[04:17] | – the USSR in the ’80s. – Yeah. | -没有在80年代领导苏联 -没错 |
[04:20] | Okay, so you do know what I’m going to ask… | 所以你知道 接下来我要叫你做什么吧? |
[04:22] | She’s not going to talk to me, Judith. | 她不会和我说话的 茱迪丝 |
[04:23] | I’m the only reporter in America she will not give an interview to. | 我是全美唯一她不会接受采访的记者 |
[04:25] | Doesn’t matter. We have to be able to say | 不重要 我们必须能够 |
[04:27] | we made every effort to allow Theranos to respond. | 说我们竭尽全力让血液检测公司回应 |
[04:30] | I sent them a list of questions. | 我寄了份问题清单给他们 我… |
[04:31] | – Okay. – I am a little bit worried | -好 -有点担心 |
[04:34] | they’re going to come after my sources. | 他们会追查我的消息来源 |
[04:36] | They’ve got David Boies representing them. | 他们的律师是大卫·波依斯 |
[04:37] | Yeah, fuck that. | 去他的 |
[04:39] | Whatever they throw at us, we can handle it. | 不管他们向我们扔什么 我们都能应付 |
[04:43] | But maybe also call Mark Roessler | 但你可以打给马克·罗斯勒 |
[04:45] | and have him hurry up with those e-mails. | 要他快点把电子邮件寄来 |
[05:49] | Wall Street Journal is doing an article about Theranos, | 《华尔街日报》正在写一篇关于血液检测公司的文章 |
[05:51] | and it is, um… I don’t think it’s going to be positive. | 我不认为会有什么好话 |
[05:56] | Uh, here are some questions they sent over | 这里有些他们传过来的问题 |
[05:59] | that they would like you to, uh, | 他们希望你能… |
[06:02] | to an… to answer as soon as you possibly can… | 回答 越快越好… |
[06:05] | Yo, I’ve been trying to get ahold of you. | 我一直在找你 |
[06:08] | Mark just downloaded, like, hundreds of work e-mails | 马克刚下载了几百封电邮 |
[06:10] | to his personal drive, and now he’s headed out of the building. | 到他的个人硬盘 现在他要出大楼了 |
[06:13] | – Mark? – Yeah. | -马克? -对 |
[06:18] | Where is Mark? | 马克人呢? |
[06:20] | Mark! | 马克 |
[06:21] | What’s he going to do to him? | 他要对他做什么? |
[06:22] | Sunny! | 桑尼! |
[06:23] | Mark! | 马克! |
[06:33] | Mark, I will sue your ass! | 马克 我会告死你 |
[06:35] | Delete those emails! We have an NDA, Mark. | 把那些邮件删了 我们有保密协议的 马克 |
[06:39] | – These questions are ridiculous. – And sloppy. | -这些问题真可笑 -而且草率 |
[06:41] | Yeah, he’s not a good writer. | 对 他不是一个好作家 |
[06:42] | I, I tried reading his Medicare thing the other night. | 有天晚上我试着读 他医疗保险那篇文章 |
[06:44] | It, like, sucked. | 很烂… |
[06:46] | I mean, I mean, he should be more careful. | 不 我是说 他应该要更小心 |
[06:48] | These questions make it obvious who his sources are. | 从这些问题很清楚 可以看出他的线人是谁 |
[06:52] | You know who his sources are? | 你知道他的消息来源? |
[06:54] | – Yes, of course. – We believe we do. | -当然知道 -我们相信自己知道 |
[06:55] | We’ve narrowed it down. Thank you, Peter. | 我们已经缩小了范围 谢谢你 彼得 |
[06:57] | He’s spoken to Rochelle Gibbons. | 他与罗谢尔·吉本斯聊过 |
[06:58] | Who we should sue for defamation. | 我们应该告她诽谤 |
[07:00] | And some doctors and patients in Arizona, | 还有亚利桑那的那些医生和患者 |
[07:03] | which violates doctor-patient confidentiality. | 违反医疗保密 |
[07:04] | And those questions regarding the particulars of the Normandy lab, | 还有那些关于 诺曼底实验室的细节 |
[07:08] | those are, that’s coming from Erika. | 那些是…艾丽卡说的 |
[07:09] | Yeah. Erika Cheung, Tyler Schultz, Mark Roessler. | 对 艾丽卡·钟 泰勒·舒尔茨 马克·罗斯勒 |
[07:12] | Who all signed NDAs. | 他们都签了保密协议 |
[07:14] | That’s right. And who are young and disgruntled. | 没错 他们年轻而心怀不满 |
[07:16] | – Very fucking disgruntled. – All three left after disagreements. | -他妈的很不满 -三人在意见不合后都离职了 |
[07:18] | But they expect us to answer these questions, | 但他们希望我们回答问题 |
[07:21] | like, I, I… | 我觉得… |
[07:23] | This, this whole thing that we have to respond to liars? | 这整件事 我们得回应这些骗子? |
[07:27] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[07:29] | And all these legal elements, | 所有我们已经得到的这些法律要素… |
[07:31] | we have to get, we have to get ahead of all of them now. | 我们得先他们一步行动 |
[07:33] | Extremely serious legal implications. | 涉及极为严重的法律后果 |
[07:35] | Like, Tyler basically violated and shared our trade secrets. | 泰勒违法分享我们的商业机密 |
[07:37] | Literally. | 真是如此 |
[07:38] | Violating trade secrets is not okay. | 泄露商业机密是不行的 |
[07:40] | We want to sue everyone. | 我们要告所有人 |
[07:42] | Everyone? | 所有人? |
[07:43] | – We want to nail this motherfucker. – Yeah. | -我们想钉死这个混蛋 -对 |
[07:51] | Well… I respect the integrity of journalism. | 这个嘛…我尊重新闻诚信 |
[07:57] | I represent the New York Times. | 《纽约时报》是我的客户 |
[07:59] | But there are tools and tactics available | 但我们有些可用的工具和策略 |
[08:02] | that we can use to try and suppress negative stories. | 能压制负面报道 |
[08:06] | And we can remind them of the consequences | 我们可以提醒他们 |
[08:09] | of breaking their NDAs. | 打破保密协议的后果 |
[08:11] | Linda will help me with that. | 这方面琳达会帮我 |
[08:13] | And then, of course, we can question their credibility. | 当然 我们还可以质疑他们的可信度 |
[08:16] | If these are the kind of people that break their NDAs, | 像这种会打破保密协议的人 |
[08:18] | how can we trust anything they say? | 我们怎么能相信他们说的话? |
[08:20] | Good. Yeah. Good. | 很好… |
[08:34] | Hey, Tiger. | 嘿 猛男 |
[08:37] | Are you home? | 你在家吗? |
[08:39] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[08:41] | I got to tell you something. | 我有事要告诉你 |
[08:44] | Come find me. | 来找我 |
[08:49] | This house is too big. I can’t. | 这房子太大了 我找不到 |
[08:56] | Here. | 在这里 |
[08:58] | I met Rupert Murdoch tonight at the thing. | 我今晚遇到鲁伯特·默多克 发生了一件事 |
[09:15] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[09:18] | You started it. | 你先开始的 |
[09:24] | Rupert Murdoch invited me to his ranch tonight. | 今晚鲁伯特·默多克 邀请我去他的牧场 |
[09:30] | God, I am so happy. | 天啊 我太开心了 |
[09:35] | I’m going to Arizona tomorrow to talk to the doctors. | 我明天要去亚利桑那跟医生们聊聊 |
[09:38] | I don’t care that Boies has a strategy. | 我不管…波依斯有他的策略 |
[09:43] | I want to talk to them face-to-face. | 我要跟他们面对面谈 |
[09:47] | End this smear campaign, take out his sources. | 结束这场抹黑运动 切断消息来源 |
[09:51] | Cut this off at the legs one by one. | 一个一个解决 |
[09:53] | We can turn this around. | 我们可以反转局面 |
[10:00] | I’m not here to scare you. | 我不是来恐吓你的 |
[10:04] | I’m simply asking you, | 我只是在问你 |
[10:07] | does your practice rely on online reviews? | 你的执业很依赖网上评论吗? |
[10:14] | It would hurt your practice if your patients knew | 如果你的病人知道 你向记者 |
[10:16] | you shared their confidential health information with a reporter. | 透露患者私人个资 会对执业伤害很大 |
[10:22] | Right? | 对吗? |
[10:26] | But if you sign that document, | 但如果你签了这份文件 |
[10:29] | all this goes away. | 这一切都不会发生 |
[10:33] | I’ve always believed that we are here on this Earth | 我一直相信我们在这个地球上 |
[10:37] | to make a difference in the world. | 是来改变世界的 |
[10:41] | So when I found what I felt like I was born to do, | 所以当我发现自己的天生使命 |
[10:45] | which is help and try to contribute | 就是帮助人们 努力尽心… |
[10:48] | to, to solving a problem… | 解决问题? |
[10:51] | – Hello. – I’m being followed, John. | -喂 -我被跟踪了 约翰 |
[10:53] | Like, everywhere I go, there’s someone watching me. | 感觉不管我到哪里 都有人在监视我 |
[10:55] | – Who’s watching you? – I, I don’t know, | -谁在监视你?-我…不知道 |
[10:57] | but I’m not making it up. | 但我不是乱编的 |
[10:58] | It’s not safe in my house. I’m, I’m in the car. | 我家不安全 我…在车里 |
[11:01] | I’m using the Wi-Fi in my car. | 我在车上使用无线网络 |
[11:03] | I believe that on a human level, | 我相信 身而为人 |
[11:05] | there’s not much else that matters. | 没有什么更重要的了 |
[11:08] | Access to more data will save more lives. | 存取更多资料 挽救更多生命? |
[11:11] | Yeah, when, you know, in saving lives… | 对 你懂的 在挽救生命方面… |
[11:21] | when you’re talking about someone you love, | 当说到你所爱的人 |
[11:23] | you’d do anything, right? | 你愿意做任何事对吧? |
[11:26] | – I get these phone calls… – Mark. Mark. | -我收到一通电话 -马克… |
[11:27] | From, from Sunny and their goddamn lawyers, | 是桑尼和他该死的律师们打的 |
[11:30] | they’re threatening me… | 他们在威胁我… |
[11:31] | I told you they were going to come after you. | 我告诉过你 他们会来找你的 |
[11:33] | these massive lawsuits. | 他们用一堆诉讼 来威胁我 |
[11:50] | Has anybody challenged the science of what you do? | 有人质疑过你的科学方式吗? |
[11:55] | I hired a lawyer, a very good lawyer. | 我请了一位非常好的律师 |
[11:58] | But he found out they had David Boies on, on their side, | 但他发现他们请了大卫·波依斯 帮他们 |
[12:02] | and he told me to delete the emails immediately. | 他叫我 马上删除那些邮件 |
[12:04] | Don’t delete the emails, Mark. | 别删邮件 马克 |
[12:06] | What you’re doing is too important. | 你正在做的这件事太重要了 |
[12:07] | I don’t know. I, I, I don’t know if I can do this. | 我不知道…我能不能做到 |
[12:11] | Are there people who raise questions and say, | 有没有人提出疑问说 |
[12:14] | you know, why doesn’t she show us all this? | “她为何不告诉我们全部细节 |
[12:16] | Because we’d feel more comfortable with the results. | 这样我们才会对结果 更有信心?” |
[12:20] | The major lab companies, yeah. | 那些大实验室公司 是的… |
[12:22] | Help me understand what it is they’re asking | 可以让我了解 他们到底问了什么 |
[12:25] | and what your answer is to them. | 而你的回答又是什么吗? |
[12:30] | – I know it’s scary right now… – They can bankrupt me. | -我知道现在很可怕 马克 -他们可以让我破产 |
[12:32] | But they wouldn’t make it scary if they weren’t scared. | 但如果他们不害怕 就不会弄得这么可怕 |
[12:35] | And they’re scared because they know | 他们害怕是因为他们知道 |
[12:37] | that they’re wrong and you’re right. | 他们错了 你是对的 |
[12:40] | What you’re doing is going to save lives. | 你的所做所为将会拯救生命 |
[12:42] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah. | 对… |
[12:43] | Mark, you did this because you’re going to save people. | 马克 你这样做是因为你要救人 |
[12:46] | Uh-huh. Yeah. | 对… |
[12:47] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. No, you’re right. | 对…你说得对 |
[12:50] | So you’ll send me those emails? | 所以你会把邮件发给我吗? |
[12:52] | Yeah, yeah. | 好… |
[12:57] | Mark? | 马克 |
[13:02] | Mark? | 马克? |
[13:09] | Mark. | 马克? |
[13:11] | Sorry, John, I’m sorry. | 对不起 约翰 很对不起 |
[13:18] | The Roessler emails are gone. | 罗斯勒的邮件没了 |
[13:19] | Most of the Arizona doctors are gone. | 亚利桑那大多数的医生也退缩了 |
[13:21] | If they manage to sway Tyler, I, I do not have a story. | 如果他们想办法动摇泰勒 我…就没报道了 |
[13:23] | Well, then get Tyler on the phone. | 那么…打电话找泰勒 |
[13:26] | I’ve tried to get Tyler on the phone. He doesn’t pick up. | 我试过打给泰勒 他没接 |
[13:29] | – Well, try again. – I have tried trying again. | -那就再打 -我已经试过很多次了 |
[13:32] | Well, have you tried texting, emailing… | 那你试过发短信 发邮件 |
[13:35] | – I have tried everything. – … Sending him flowers? | -我什么都试了 -或送花给他吗? |
[13:36] | Well, then you’re just going to have to wait. | 那你就只能等了 |
[13:38] | Wait. Great. | 等待?很好 |
[13:40] | I will just wait. | 我只要等就好了 |
[13:42] | That is really helpful, Judith. Thank you. | 太有帮助了 茱迪丝 谢谢你 |
[13:49] | – I’m sorry. I’m sorry. – It’s okay. | -对不起 -对不起 -没关系 |
[13:53] | – This is really taking a toll on me. – I can see that. | -这件事真的对我打击很大 -我看得出来 |
[13:59] | You just can’t lose Tyler. | 你不能再失去泰勒了 |
[14:20] | Grandpa, what’s up? | 祖父 怎么了? |
[14:22] | I’m not sure why Elizabeth thinks that | 我不确定为何 伊丽莎白认为 |
[14:26] | I was the one who spoke to some, some reporter. | 我是那个和记者爆料的人 |
[14:31] | Did you… Tyler? | 你有吗?泰勒? |
[14:34] | Because if you did, | 因为如果你有 |
[14:36] | you’re in danger of being sued. | 你就有被起诉的危险 |
[14:39] | Just tell me. | 告诉我实话 |
[14:41] | We’re family. | 我们是一家人 |
[14:45] | Did you speak to the reporter? | 你有对记者爆料吗? |
[14:48] | No. | 没有 |
[14:50] | – No. – Oh, that’s good. | -没有 -很好 |
[14:53] | So then, | 那么… |
[14:56] | all you have to do is sign a new non-disclosure agreement. | 你只要签署新的保密协议就好了 |
[15:01] | What? | 什么? |
[15:03] | Linda! | 琳达? |
[15:04] | – Is someone here? – George. | -有人来了?-乔治 |
[15:06] | Is there someone upstairs? | 有人在楼上? |
[15:07] | A lawyer from Theranos brought the document for you to sign. | 血液检测公司的律师带了文件让你签 |
[15:10] | You told me to come over and talk. | 你叫我过来聊聊 |
[15:11] | You didn’t tell me I have to sign anything. | 没说要我签文件啊 |
[15:12] | Linda. | 琳达 |
[15:16] | Linda! | 琳达? |
[15:18] | Okay. Okay. | 好了… |
[15:21] | This matter is more urgent than you realize. | 这件事情比你意识到的更紧急 |
[15:27] | Hi. Hi, Tyler. | 嗨 泰勒 |
[15:29] | I have some documents you’re going to need to sign. | 我有一些文件需要你签字 |
[15:31] | Okay, here’s the restraining order. | 这是限制令 |
[15:34] | A restraining order? | 限制令? |
[15:35] | Are you fucking serious? | 你开什么玩笑? |
[15:36] | No, that’s wrong. | 错了 |
[15:38] | Elizabeth said he was going to sign a nondisclosure agreement. | 伊丽莎白说 他要签的是保密协议 |
[15:41] | This is a letter from Theranos stating that they believe | 这是血液检测公司的通知信内容是 |
[15:43] | that you have violated your confidentiality obligations. | 他们相信你违反了保密义务 |
[15:46] | This is not what Elizabeth said was going… | 伊丽莎白不是这么说的 |
[15:48] | That they’re preparing to file a lawsuit against you. | 他们准备要对你提起诉讼 |
[15:50] | – Is this coming from Sunny? – I didn’t speak to the reporter. | -这是桑尼的指示吗?-我没对记者爆料 |
[15:52] | Would you be willing to sign an affidavit to that effect? | 你愿意为此签宣誓书吗? |
[15:54] | Would you be willing to name the people who did in fact speak | 你愿意说出是谁向《华尔街日报》 |
[15:57] | to The Wall Street Journal? | 爆料的吗? |
[15:58] | My grandson is not a rat. | 我孙子不是告密者 |
[15:59] | George, why don’t you let me take it from here? | 乔治 不如让我从这里接手吧? |
[16:01] | Like hell I will. You, into the study now. | 不行 你现在就去书房 |
[16:05] | Tyler, you stay here. | 泰勒 你留在这里 |
[16:07] | We’re going to settle this with decorum. | 我们会以礼貌的方式解决这个问题 |
[16:10] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[16:14] | You won’t be talking to Tyler directly. | 你将不会直接与泰勒交谈 |
[16:16] | You’ll be using me as an intermediary. | 我会做为中间人 |
[16:20] | Is this really necessary? | 真的有这个必要吗? |
[16:22] | It was good enough for Gorbachev, | 这曾适用于戈尔巴乔夫 |
[16:24] | and it will be good enough for you. | 那对你一定也适合 |
[16:34] | How are you doing? Are you hungry? | 你好吗?饿吗? |
[16:37] | Charlotte, can we have some crackers in here? | 夏洛特 可以拿些饼干来吃吗? |
[16:40] | Can you just tell her not to sue me? | 你可以叫她不要告我吗? |
[16:43] | We’re taking the lawsuit off the table. | 我们要取消诉讼 |
[16:45] | We can’t do that. | 不行 |
[16:46] | Then he won’t be signing. | 那他就不签了 |
[16:47] | That’s a red line? | 这是死穴? |
[16:53] | Good news, they’re agreeing not to sue you for two years. | 好消息 他们同意两年内不起诉你 |
[16:57] | So they’re going to sue me in two years? | 所以他们会在两年后起诉我? |
[16:59] | Jesus Christ, George, this is your grandson. | 天啊 乔治 这可是你孙子 |
[17:07] | Fine, we will agree not to sue. | 好吧 我们同意不起诉 |
[17:10] | And you’ll put that in writing. | 白纸黑字 |
[17:12] | Yes, we’ll draft it up right now. | 是的 我现在就起草 |
[17:13] | But if we do, he’ll sign? | 但如果我们这样做 他就会签字? |
[17:15] | No, I, I won’t sign it. | 不 我…不签 |
[17:19] | – Those were your terms. – Well, my terms have changed. | -这是你提的条件 -我的条件改了 |
[17:21] | Why? | 什么? |
[17:23] | Because you did speak to a reporter. | 因为你真的对记者爆料了? |
[17:26] | Because if you did | 因为如果你有 |
[17:28] | and you sign these documents, you’ll be perjuring yourself. | 而你又签字 那就是作伪证了 |
[17:30] | – Okay. – What are you doing here? | -好了 -你来做什么? |
[17:32] | Tyler, I’ve modified the documents to meet your demands. | 泰勒 我照你的要求修改了文件 |
[17:37] | Now sign. | 现在签字 |
[17:44] | George… why don’t you fax the documents to your lawyer | 乔治 不如你把文件传真给你的律师 |
[17:48] | and see what he thinks Taylor should do? | 看看他认为泰勒该怎么做 |
[18:17] | Tyler, your mom’s on the phone. | 泰勒 你妈打电话来了 |
[18:21] | If you’d like, you can take it upstairs. | 如果你想的话 可以到楼上接 |
[18:29] | Why did my mom call here? Is everything okay? | 为什么我妈会打来?一切还好吗? |
[18:36] | Tyler, I know you spoke with the reporter. | 泰勒 我知道你对记者爆料了 |
[18:41] | No, I… I didn’t. | 没…我没有 |
[18:46] | – I didn’t, I… – This is our attorney on the phone. | -我没… -电话上是我们律师 |
[18:52] | Tell him your situation. | 告诉他你的情况 |
[18:54] | He can help you. | 他能帮你的 |
[18:56] | I’m… | 我是… |
[19:17] | My lawyer says he shouldn’t sign. | 我的律师说他不该签 |
[19:19] | Why? | 为什么? |
[19:21] | I mean, if he’s telling the truth, then he has no reason… | 我是说…如果他说的是实话 那他没理由… |
[19:24] | That was his recommendation. | 这就是律师的建议 |
[19:27] | I’m going to have to ask you to leave. | 我得请你离开了 |
[19:29] | Tyler… | 泰勒 |
[19:31] | you’re about to be buried in legal fees. | 你将被大笔的法律费用给淹没 |
[19:33] | Your parents are about to be buried in legal fees. | 你的父母将被大笔的法律费用给淹没 |
[19:38] | That’s my son you’re talking about. | 你在说的是我儿子 |
[19:39] | You cannot afford what is about to come at you. | 你负担不起即将面临的事 |
[19:45] | – Is it worth it? – Get out. | -值得吗? -滚开 |
[19:48] | You’ll be hearing from me. | 我会再跟你联络 |
[20:08] | Do you… | 你… |
[20:11] | Do you wish Elizabeth was related to you | 你希望 伊丽莎白才是你的孙女 |
[20:14] | instead of me? | 而不是我吗? |
[20:16] | Stop feeling sorry for yourself. | 别再自艾自怜了 |
[20:18] | She lied to you about the documents she wanted me to sign. | 对于要我签的文件 她骗了你 |
[20:21] | She lies. | 她说谎 |
[20:23] | That’s who she is. | 她就是这种人 |
[20:24] | Why can’t you just admit that you were wrong about her? | 为何你就不能承认 你看错她了? |
[20:27] | Because you’re this great man and you never make mistakes? | 因为你这么伟大 永远不会犯错 |
[20:30] | You’re never wrong? | 永远是对的? |
[20:35] | Did you speak to the reporter? | 你有向记者爆料吗? |
[20:44] | No. | 没有 |
[20:50] | Then I’m choosing to believe you. | 那我选择相信你 |
[20:59] | We have a very big announcement to tell y’all. | 我们有件大事要向各位宣布 |
[21:03] | – Are you excited? – Walgreens isn’t happy. | -你们兴奋吗?-沃尔格林不开心了 |
[21:05] | Normandy is a disaster zone. | 诺曼底灾情惨重 |
[21:07] | We need new lab directors and lab managers. | 我们需要新的实验室主任和经理… |
[21:09] | Because you replaced Mark with a dermatologist. | 因为你用了一位皮肤科医生取代马克 |
[21:13] | Because I don’t want someone who’s going to create problems. | 因为我不想要会惹麻烦的人 |
[21:15] | But we can’t keep fighting fires by creating fires. | 我们不能饮鸩止渴 |
[21:18] | We have to focus on the root cause of the problem. | 我们得专注在问题的根本原因 |
[21:21] | What is the root cause? | 根本原因是什么? |
[21:24] | And I think she deserves… | 我认为应该要由她本人 |
[21:26] | What is the root cause? | 根本原因是什么? |
[21:28] | So without further ado, | 废话不多说 |
[21:30] | I present to you our fearless leader, | 让我们欢迎 我们无畏的领袖 |
[21:32] | Elizabeth Holmes. | 伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 |
[21:48] | We’ve got herpes! | 我们拿下疱疹病毒了 |
[21:54] | Theranos! Theranos! | 血液检测公司… |
[22:18] | Congratulations on the FDA approval. | 恭喜你们获得FDA许可 |
[22:21] | Moving in the right direction. | 我们正朝正确方向前进 |
[22:22] | Where are we with the article? | 报道的事处理得如何? |
[22:25] | Tyler didn’t sign. | 泰勒没签 |
[22:27] | It doesn’t matter because he’s a kid. | 没差 他只是个孩子 |
[22:29] | And they’ve lost more than half of their sources. | 他们已经失去一半以上的消息来源 |
[22:32] | Right. | 好 |
[22:34] | But we need answers to those questions that the journalist sent. | 但我们得要回应《华尔街日报》寄来的问题 |
[22:38] | We need to categorically deny the allegations. | 我们要断然否认这些指控 |
[22:48] | I won! | 我赢了! |
[22:51] | Oh, I had an idea last night. | 我昨晚想到了个主意! |
[23:02] | What the fuck? | 什么鬼! |
[23:13] | Yeah, I know, Richard. I’m looking at it. | 我知道 理查德 我正在看 |
[23:15] | In your own paper! | 在你们自己的报上? |
[23:16] | She, she wrote and published a brag about herpes | 她写了篇文章 吹嘘疱疹病毒的事 |
[23:20] | in your own paper? | 然后公然发表在你们的报纸? |
[23:21] | She’s spitting in your face. | 她在打你们的脸啊 |
[23:23] | How could this happen? | 怎么会这样? |
[23:25] | Well, it’s an op-ed, Richard. | 那登在社论对页 理查德 |
[23:26] | Opinion and news are totally separate. | 专栏版和新闻版是完全分开的 |
[23:28] | They don’t know what we’re working on. | 他们不知道我们在进行什么 |
[23:29] | I’ll tell you how it happened. | 我告诉你是怎么回事 |
[23:31] | Guess who’s the new investor in Theranos? | 猜猜血液检测公司的新投资人是谁? |
[23:34] | Rupert Murdoch! | 鲁伯特·默多克 |
[23:36] | Rupert fucking Murdoch. | 他娘的鲁伯特·默多克 |
[23:38] | The man who owns your paper. | 你报社的老板 |
[23:40] | I just found out this morning. | 我今早才知道的 |
[23:42] | Um, I’m sorry. | 对不… |
[23:44] | Where… where did… Where is this information coming from? | 这消息是哪来的? |
[23:47] | It’s coming from, you figure it out. | 这消息是从“你去弄清楚”来的 |
[23:49] | That’s where it’s coming from. | 就这样 |
[23:51] | $125 million, | 一亿二千五百万美元 |
[23:53] | the most he’s ever invested in a tech company. | 他投资过金额最高的一间科技公司 |
[23:57] | Are you sure about this? | 你确定? |
[23:59] | Your story is dead. He’s going to bury it. | 你的报道完了 他不会刊登 |
[24:02] | He’s going to bury it to protect his investment. | 为了保护他的投资 他不会刊登 |
[24:04] | That’s not necessarily true. | 那也不…一定是这样… |
[24:07] | The op-ed! | 社论对页… |
[24:09] | The op-ed! | 社论对页… |
[24:33] | The opinion page has nothing to do… | 专栏版和我们一点关系… |
[24:35] | Murdoch just invested $125 million. | 默多克刚投资了一亿二千五百万美元 |
[24:39] | In Theranos? | 到血液检测公司? |
[24:40] | No, in railroads. | 不是 到铁路 |
[24:42] | Wow. | 哇 |
[24:44] | Guess he should have called you first, huh? | 我猜他应该要先打给你吧? |
[24:46] | Yeah. Uh, we gotta run the story now. | 我们得现在就刊登这篇报道 |
[24:49] | – We can’t run it now. – Why not? | -现在不行 -为什么? |
[24:50] | Because it’s not ready. | 因为还没准备好 |
[24:52] | You’ve lost half your sources, so we need more proof. | 你已经失去一半的线人 我们需要更多证据 |
[24:55] | – We have to wait. – Judith, come… Come on. | -我们必须等 -茱迪丝 拜…托 |
[25:00] | Obama just named her global ambassador of something. | 奥巴马刚任命她为 什么全球大使的 |
[25:03] | The woman is worth four and a half billion dollars. | 这女人身价四亿五美元 |
[25:05] | They are fucking winning here. | 他们赢爆了 |
[25:07] | John, in Sicily, every year… | 约翰 每年在西西里岛… |
[25:10] | Why are we talking about Italy? | 我们为什么要谈论意大利? |
[25:12] | No, no. We’re talking about Sicily. | 不 我们谈的是西西里岛 |
[25:13] | There’s a practice called la mattanza. | 那有个做法叫La Mattanza |
[25:16] | Okay. | 好 |
[25:18] | The fishermen, they wade into the Mediterranean Sea. | 渔夫们会走进地中海 |
[25:22] | The water is up to their waist. | 直到水深及腰 |
[25:24] | They’ve got their clubs and spears in hand. | 手里拿着棍棒和渔叉 |
[25:27] | And they stand there. | 然后就站在那儿 |
[25:30] | Very still. | 一动也不动 |
[25:31] | For hours. | 几个小时 |
[25:34] | Till the fish start to gather around them. | 直到鱼开始聚集在他们周围 |
[25:37] | Because the men are so still | 因为他们不动如山 |
[25:41] | and they’ve waited so long, | 等了这么久 |
[25:42] | the fish don’t even realize they’re there. | 鱼甚至没有意识到他们的存在 |
[25:44] | They, they think they’re part of the scenery. | 把他们当成背景的一部分了 |
[25:47] | But then… once there are enough fish gathered, | 可是…一旦聚集了足够的鱼 |
[25:52] | someone gives the signal. | 有人就会发出信号 |
[25:54] | And then… | 然后 |
[25:55] | bam! | 砰 |
[25:57] | Bam, bam, bam! | 砰 砰 砰 |
[25:58] | Tch tch tch tch tch. Tch tch tch tch. | 我插… 插啊… |
[26:00] | Bam! Bam! | 砰 砰 |
[26:05] | So you see. | 所以你懂了 |
[26:07] | Very vivid imagery. | 非常生动的画面 |
[26:09] | We wait. | 我们等 |
[26:12] | Until Boies responds to my questions? | 直到波依斯回答我的问题? |
[26:15] | Until we know we’ve got them. | 直到我们确定捉到他们了 |
[26:23] | – Yup. – Go on. | -是 -去吧 |
[26:53] | – Oh! – Oh my god! | 天啊 |
[26:54] | I… | 我… |
[26:55] | I’m sorry, your roommate, she just let me in downstairs, and I… | 对不起 你室友她让我进来的… |
[26:58] | Wh-what are you, what are you doing here? | 你…来做什么? |
[27:01] | I, uh, brought a lamp. | 我带了一盏灯来 |
[27:05] | Yeah, you just, you weren’t answering my calls, | 嗯…你…你都不接电话 |
[27:07] | so I thought I would stop by and say hi and bring a lamp. | 所以我想顺路过来 打声招呼 带盏灯给你 |
[27:12] | Remember you told me you didn’t have one for your room? | 记得你说过你的房间少一盏 |
[27:19] | How long have you had that knife? | 你带着那把刀多久了? |
[27:20] | I, I don’t know, it helps the… | 我…不知道 它能帮… |
[27:23] | It helps me sleep. | 它能助我入眠 |
[27:33] | When you were at Theranos, did you ever hear of Ian Gibbons? | 你在血液检测公司时 有听过伊恩·吉本斯吗? |
[27:39] | Maybe. | 可能有 |
[27:43] | Carreyrou told me that he was a chemist there. | 卡雷鲁告诉我他曾是那里的化学家 |
[27:50] | They were pressuring him so much that, um, | 他们给他的压力大到 |
[27:55] | he killed himself. | 害他自杀了 |
[28:01] | I keep thinking about him. | 我一直想到他 |
[28:07] | Yeah, it’s, uh… | 嗯…现在… |
[28:10] | It’s bad right now. | 现在情况很糟 |
[28:14] | They’re suing me. | 他们在告我 |
[28:17] | My grandfather stopped talking to me. | 祖父不跟我说话了 |
[28:19] | They’re tracking everything I do. | 他们在监视…我的一举一动 |
[28:33] | At least now you have an ugly lamp. | 至少你现在有盏难看的灯了 |
[29:03] | David, what are you doing here? | 大卫 你在这做什么? |
[29:05] | I want to talk. | 我想聊聊 |
[29:08] | – Were you in the neighborhood? – No. | -你刚好在附近?-没有 |
[29:12] | The article is not going away. | 那篇报道还是没取消 |
[29:15] | It’s not moving forward but it’s not going away, | 虽然也没进展 但依然在那里 |
[29:19] | and I can’t make it go away until I know what they have. | 我无法让它消失 除非我知道他们手中有什么 |
[29:26] | This is the moment where you tell me everything | 是时候 向我坦白 |
[29:31] | that you’ve been hiding from me. | 你隐瞒的一切了 |
[29:53] | Oh, you need to be prepared. | 你得准备好了 |
[29:55] | I’m prepared. | 我准备好了 |
[29:57] | – For, for what? – For Boies killing your story. | -准备啥?-波依斯终止你的报道 |
[29:59] | – No. – He’s the one that called the meeting. | -不会 -是他要求开会的 |
[30:01] | I’m sure he has evidence that refutes it. | 我确定他有证据反驳 |
[30:03] | Judith, the story is good. | 茱迪丝 报道很好 |
[30:04] | I still have Dr. Betz in Arizona. | 我还有亚利桑那的贝兹医生 |
[30:06] | I’ve got the nurse, Carmen Washington. | 华盛顿的护士 卡门·华盛顿 |
[30:08] | I have that patient. I have Erika Cheung, | 我还有病患 艾丽卡·钟 |
[30:10] | Mark Roessler, Richard Fuisz, | 马克·罗斯勒 理查德·菲斯 |
[30:12] | – Rochelle Gibbons, Phyllis Gardner… – On background. | -罗谢尔·吉本斯 菲利斯·加德纳 -都是匿名来源 |
[30:14] | – And Tyler. – You haven’t heard from Tyler? | -还有泰勒 -你没有泰勒的消息 |
[30:16] | No. But that also means I haven’t heard that he’s recanted. | 没错 但这也代表我没听到他说放弃 |
[30:19] | Come on. Whatever happened to stab the fish? | 拜托 剌鱼的故事呢? |
[30:23] | Sometimes the fish can take you to court. | 有时鱼可以送你上法庭 |
[30:26] | And then you have to let them go. | 那你就必须放他们走 |
[30:30] | So say it back to me, you have to let the fish go. | 对我说“你必须放鱼走” |
[30:34] | – Sometimes you have to let the fish go. – Exactly. | -有时你必须放鱼走 -就是这样 |
[30:37] | So thank you for coming by. | 谢谢你们来访 |
[30:41] | This is John Carreyrou | 这是约翰·卡雷鲁和杰·康帝 |
[30:43] | and Jay Conti, the deputy general counsel of our parent company. | 我们母公司的法务副总 |
[30:46] | Ah, hold on. | 等一下 |
[30:48] | Oh, are we recording? Is this a deposition? | 要录音?是要当证据? |
[30:51] | – Nope. Just want a record. – Well, hold on. | – 不 只是做个记录 -等一下 |
[30:54] | Maybe we want to record. What do you, what do you think? | 我们也想要记录 你…觉得呢? |
[30:56] | – Yeah, why not? Sure. – Okay. | -当然 没什么不好 -好 |
[30:58] | So where is the app? | 那么…程序叫什么? |
[31:01] | Uh, Recorder Plus. | 嗯 找到了…Recorder Plus |
[31:03] | Uh-huh. And do I download it? | 要下载吗? |
[31:05] | Yeah, go to the App Store. | 对 去应用商店 |
[31:07] | And how much is it? | 要多少钱? |
[31:08] | – No, it’s free. – Oh, okay, free. | -不用 免费的 -好 免费的 |
[31:11] | Ah, there it is. | 找到了 |
[31:14] | Okay, got it. You got it? | 好 下载好了 你好了吗? |
[31:16] | – Got it. – Got it. | 好了吗?好了… |
[31:17] | Can we keep moving forward? | 我们可以继续了吗? |
[31:19] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, of course, of course. | 当然… |
[31:20] | Okay. So you sent us 80 questions for review, | 你发了80个问题给我们 |
[31:23] | and we are here to rebut the false premise | 我们是来反驳这些问题中 |
[31:26] | embedded in those questions. | 包含的错误假设 |
[31:27] | Now, it’s apparent to us that one of your key sources | 对我们来说 很明显你主要的消息来源之一 |
[31:31] | is a young man named Tyler Schultz. | 是一位名叫泰勒·舒尔茨的年轻人 |
[31:33] | We aren’t disclosing our confidential sources, | 我们不会透露机密消息来源 |
[31:36] | nor should you presume to know who they are. | 你们也不该假设自己知道线人是谁 |
[31:38] | Can we move on? | 我们可以继续了吗? |
[31:39] | You’re absolutely right, Judith. | 说得太对了 茱迪丝 |
[31:42] | I’m not asking you to disclose your sources. | 我不会要求你揭露消息来源 |
[31:44] | I respect journalists, and I’m trying to protect you. | 我尊重记者 而我正在努力保护你 |
[31:47] | There just isn’t a story here. | 只不过…这没什么好报道的 |
[31:49] | Then answer my questions. | 那就回答我的问题 |
[31:55] | John. | 约翰 |
[31:57] | It’s John, right? | 你叫约翰对吧? |
[31:58] | It is, David. | 是的 大卫 |
[32:00] | You will make a fool of yourself by printing this. | 你刊登这个 会让自己像个傻瓜 |
[32:03] | Mm-hmm, so you’re the good cop, David? | 所以你在扮白脸 大卫 |
[32:06] | No. | 不 |
[32:09] | I’m just trying to figure out | 我只是想弄清楚 |
[32:11] | how we could have arrived at a place | 为什么《华尔街日报》 |
[32:13] | where The Journal is considering publication of an article | 正在考虑发表一篇 |
[32:16] | I know to be false, misleading, and unfair | 我知道是错误 误导和不公平的文章 |
[32:21] | and threatens to disclose information | 然后威胁要揭露 |
[32:23] | that Theranos rigorously protects as trade secrets. | 血液检测公司严密保护的商业机密 |
[32:30] | Do you really believe that all the recognition | 你真的相信所有 |
[32:33] | by the academic, scientific, and healthcare communities | 那些学术 科学和医疗保健团体 |
[32:37] | of Theranos’ achievements is wrong? | 对血液检测公司成就的认可是错的? |
[32:40] | That every previous published report about Theranos, | 以前发表过 关于血液检测公司的每份报告 |
[32:44] | including in The Journal itself, | 包括在《华尔街日报》刊登的 |
[32:46] | has been the result of misleading manipulation by the company? | 都是公司误导 及操控的结果? |
[32:52] | Wow. | 哇 |
[32:54] | If it were true, that’s a powerful story. | 如果是真的 那可是大新闻 |
[32:57] | Why would you let a story like that go? | 怎么可能会放过这样的报道呢? |
[32:59] | Why would you check it thoroughly? | 怎么可能不仔细调查呢? |
[33:03] | That would be a career-defining story. | 这可是职业生涯中决定性的报道 |
[33:08] | The only problem is | 只有一个问题 |
[33:11] | none of it is true. | 就是这些都不是真的 |
[33:21] | Then why don’t you answer my questions? | 那你为什么不回答我的问题? |
[33:29] | I just want to know… | 我只想知道… |
[33:30] | Here’s what I want to know, John. | 这些就是我知道的 约翰 |
[33:32] | What about your conduct in Arizona? | 你在亚利桑那的行为怎么说? |
[33:34] | What you were doing down there with those doctors | 你在那里与那些医生的作为 |
[33:36] | was nothing short of yellow journalism. | 根本就是黄色新闻 |
[33:39] | – Oh, David, where’d the good cop go? – Yellow journalism? | -天啊 大卫 白脸呢? -黄色新闻? |
[33:41] | You were asking those doctors loaded questions. | 你问那些医生一些诱导性问题 |
[33:43] | Okay, here’s a loaded question. | 好 问你一个诱导性问题 |
[33:44] | If Theranos has new technology, what is it? | 如果血液检测公司有新科技 会是什么? |
[33:47] | Okay, so you want us to give you the formula for Coke | 所以你想要我们给你可乐的配方… |
[33:49] | so that we can… | 然后我们才能说服你 |
[33:51] | Nobody’s asking for the formula for Coke. | 没有人要可乐的配方 |
[33:52] | – By the way, I like Pepsi. – Okay. Just answer. | -对了 我喜欢百事可乐 -好了 回答就对了 |
[33:56] | Does Theranos use fingerstick samples in their technology or not? | 血液检测公司的科技 有使用手指针剌样品吗? |
[33:59] | – That’s a trade secret. – Yes or no. Okay. | -那是商业机密 -有还是没有?好 |
[34:00] | That is a trade secret. | 那是商业机密 |
[34:01] | How about this? This is another easy one. | 那这个呢?这是另一个简单的问题 |
[34:03] | Are you using Siemens machines in your labs? | 你们的实验室有用西门子的机器吗? |
[34:06] | Yes, but for comparison purposes only. | 有 但仅用于比较目的 |
[34:08] | So you acknowledge you have them? | 所以 你承认你们有用? |
[34:09] | For comparison purposes. | 仅用于比较目的 |
[34:11] | You’re grasping at straws… | 这只是垂死挣扎 |
[34:12] | She said, for comparison purposes. Move on. | 她说 用于比较目的 继续 |
[34:14] | Just… walk me through some of the language | 让我了解一下最近在网站上 |
[34:18] | that’s been changed recently on the website. | 更改的一些文字 |
[34:19] | Oh, language on the website? | 网站上的文字 |
[34:21] | The phrase, “Many of our tests only require a few drops of blood.” | 有句话“我们的许多测试只需要几滴血” |
[34:25] | That phrase was recently deleted. | 这句话最近被删除了 |
[34:27] | Yes, for marketing accuracy. | 对 为了营销精确性 |
[34:32] | Accuracy? | 精确性? |
[34:34] | So you characterize the language before as inaccurate? | 所以你是说之前写的不精确? |
[34:37] | Alright. | 好了 |
[34:39] | We will acknowledge that not every blood test | 我们承认不是每次血液测试 |
[34:41] | is run on proprietary technology, | 都是用专利技术 |
[34:44] | but they’re transitioning. | 但这是…过渡时期 |
[34:47] | It’s a transitional process. A journey. | 这是过渡时期 算是…旅程 |
[34:51] | A journey. | 旅程? |
[34:55] | A journey. | 旅程 |
[34:58] | Alright. This meeting’s over. | 好了 会议结束 |
[35:00] | W… well, it’s only been four hours. | 呃…才四个小时 |
[35:02] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[35:17] | Oh my god, holy shit. | 我的老天 爽 |
[35:19] | They admitted to using third-party analyzers. | 他们承认使用第三方分析仪了 |
[35:21] | They sure did. | 他们真的承认了 |
[35:22] | Yeah. After months of saying they don’t use third-party analyzers. | 对 在经过几个月说 他们不使用第三方分析仪后 |
[35:25] | – They sure did. – So, Judith… | -没错 好的 -所以 茱迪丝 |
[35:27] | – is this… – Bam! | -这算…? -砰 |
[35:39] | Elizabeth, they’re running it. | 伊丽莎白 他们要登了 |
[35:41] | So when will it come out? | 什么时候会登? |
[35:44] | Uh, I don’t know. Soon. | 不知道 很快 |
[35:47] | I spoke to Rupert and asked him to kill the story, but, uh… | 我和鲁伯特谈过 请他扼杀这篇报道 可是… |
[35:50] | You asked Rupert Murdoch | 你要求鲁伯特·默多克 |
[35:53] | to kill a story in The Wall Street Journal for you? | 为你扼杀《华尔街日报》的报道? |
[35:55] | Of course. | 当然 |
[35:57] | He told me that his hands are tied. | 他告诉我他无能为力 |
[35:59] | I don’t understand why he can’t just make a phone call. | 我不懂他为什么不能打个电话就好 |
[36:03] | How bad will it be? | 情况有多糟? |
[36:05] | Nothing we can’t handle. | 没什么我们应付不来的 |
[36:11] | George… I want to know that I have your support. | 乔治 我想知道你是支持我的 |
[36:18] | I hear | 我听说… |
[36:21] | you’re joining the Harvard Medical School Board of Fellows. | 你要加入哈佛医学院研究员委员会 |
[36:27] | Congratulations. You must be riding high. | 恭喜了 平步青云 |
[36:31] | I know! A college dropout joining the board | 对啊 一个大学辍学生 |
[36:34] | of a Harvard Medical School. | 加入哈佛医学院的委员会 |
[36:37] | Obviously, Harvard’s support of our company | 很明显 哈佛支持我们公司 |
[36:39] | means more to me than a reporter who doesn’t understand. | 比一个不理解的记者对我更有意义 |
[36:42] | Elizabeth… | 伊丽莎白 |
[36:45] | I’ve worked for two presidents, | 我为两任总统工作过 |
[36:49] | Nixon and Reagan, | 尼克松和里根 |
[36:52] | who made bad decisions. | 都做过不好的决定 |
[36:56] | Nixon, more so. | 尼克松次数更多 |
[36:59] | But Reagan | 但里根 |
[37:01] | got mixed up in the Iran-Contra affair, | 在伊朗门事件中弄错了 |
[37:06] | and it hurt his legacy. | 伤害了他的历史地位 |
[37:09] | He was a great man. | 他是个伟人 |
[37:13] | But he started listening to the wrong people. | 但他开始听信错误的人 |
[37:16] | It’s easy to make the mistake of listening to the wrong people. | 听信错的人 很容易会犯错 |
[37:22] | If mistakes were made… | 如果错已铸成 |
[37:25] | I think it might be time to consider whether you have | 我认为可能是时候想想 |
[37:28] | the right people around you. | 你身边的人是否合适 |
[37:34] | If Sunny is the right person. | 桑尼是不是对的人 |
[37:43] | Baby, how did it go with George? | 宝贝 乔治那边怎么样? |
[37:52] | I said, how did it go with George? | 我说“乔治那边怎么样”? |
[37:55] | I have to pack for my Harvard Board dinner tonight and I don’t… | 我得为晚上的哈佛委员会打包了 |
[37:57] | I laid out your clothes. | -我没… -我帮你选好了 |
[37:59] | Yeah, I don’t want to wear what you picked out. | 我不想穿你挑的 |
[38:01] | Just wear it, why don’t you? | 穿吧 干嘛不穿? |
[38:11] | I don’t know what I’m supposed to fucking do. | 我不知道我他妈的该怎么办 |
[38:14] | I don’t even know when it’s going to come out. | 我连报道什么时候刊 |
[38:15] | I don’t know what it’s going to say. | 内容写什么都不知道 |
[38:18] | You should have protected me. | 你应该要保护我的 |
[38:21] | Okay. I see. | 我懂了 |
[38:25] | George told you to blame me. | 乔治叫你怪我 |
[38:28] | That’s what you’re going to do? You’re going to blame me? | 你就打算这么做 都怪我? |
[38:30] | No. Of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[38:35] | I have to meet the jet. | 我得赶飞机了 |
[38:43] | Because I know everything that you know. | 因为我知道你所知的一切 |
[38:45] | What? | 什么? |
[38:49] | You were on all of those e-mails. | 那些邮件上都有寄给你 |
[39:02] | Well, I’m the CEO. | 我是公司首席执行官 |
[39:05] | And I don’t always read all of my e-mails. | 我没空读每一封邮件 |
[39:15] | I love you, Tiger. | 爱你 猛男 |
[39:19] | I miss you already. | 我已经想你了 |
[39:22] | Miss you too. | 我也想你 |
[39:36] | – Richard. – They killed it. | -理查德 -他们扼杀了报道 |
[39:38] | It’s dead. | 完了 |
[39:40] | You fucked it up. | 你搞砸了 |
[39:43] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[39:44] | You got cocky and you fucked it up. | 你太自大了 你搞砸了 |
[39:47] | I’m taking it somewhere else. | 我要去找别人了 |
[39:49] | It’s too late for that. | 来不及了 |
[39:51] | Oh, is that right? Is that what you think? | 是吗?你是这么想的? |
[39:54] | Hah. No way, buddy. No way! | 不可能 老兄 不可能 |
[39:56] | It’s running tonight, buddy. | 今晚就会刊了 兄弟 |
[40:01] | – Tonight? What? The… – Mm-hmm. | 今晚?什么?你… |
[40:04] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[40:06] | Yes! That’s, uh, good. | 好!太好了 |
[40:10] | That’s good. You, you got it done. | 太好了 你…成功了 |
[40:13] | Yeah, well, you’re welcome. | 对 不客气 |
[40:14] | Oh, what, am I supposed to thank you? | 我该谢你? |
[40:16] | I gave it to you on a plate. | 我都放到面前给你吃了 |
[40:19] | I hope you can go out tonight, have a drink, | 希望你今晚会出去 喝一杯 |
[40:21] | celebrate with your family. | 和家人一起庆祝 |
[40:23] | With my family. | 和家人 |
[40:24] | Uh, good. | 好 |
[40:26] | Uh, well, uh, goodbye. | 再见 |
[40:29] | If, if you get anything wrong, I’ll call you. | 如果你写错什么 我会打给你的 |
[40:31] | I’m expecting you to. Goodnight. | 敬请指教 晚安 |
[40:36] | Oh yes. | 好! |
[40:38] | Yes! Yes! Yes! | 好… |
[40:45] | Oh! Good! | 太好了 |
[40:47] | Yes! | 好 |
[40:56] | Oh good. | 太好了 |
[40:59] | That’s done. | 成功了! |
[41:14] | Hi. Could have a glass of water, please? | 请给我一杯水好吗? |
[41:20] | A whiskey with ice. | 威士忌加冰 |
[41:28] | Phyllis, I saw you were on the board as well. | 菲利斯 我看到你也在委员会中 |
[41:30] | I am, yes, and now you are too. | 我是 现在你也是了 |
[41:32] | Yes, I’m, I’m so honored to be asked to advise | 对 我…很荣幸能被邀请来 |
[41:36] | the dean of Medical School on strategies. | 为医学院院长提供策略建议 |
[41:40] | Yeah, it is good to see you… | 对 很高兴见到你 |
[41:42] | I’m looking forward to reading the article in the Journal. | 我很期待读《华尔街日报》上的报道 |
[41:45] | Yes, I know about it. | 对 我知道了 |
[41:46] | I think a lot of people will be interested in it. | 我想会有很多人感兴趣 |
[41:50] | And when this becomes a scandal, because it will become a scandal, | 而当这变成一件丑闻 而这会变丑闻的 |
[41:53] | what do you think happens to all of the other women | 你认为这对其他想创业的女性 |
[41:56] | who want to start companies? | 有什么影响? |
[41:59] | Who do they go to? | 她们要找谁? |
[42:01] | Who’s going to trust them? | 谁又会相信她们? |
[42:05] | Because it’s not just you. | 这不只是你 |
[42:08] | It’s never just you. | 一直都不只是你的事 |
[42:12] | It was good to see you, Phyllis. | 很高兴见到你 菲利斯 |
[42:14] | Don’t call me Phyllis. I’m not Phyllis to you. | 别叫我菲利斯 对你来说 我不是菲利斯 |
[42:15] | I’m Dr. Gardner. | 我是加德纳医生 |
[42:40] | 桑尼:华盛顿州大要谈谈 马上 克里斯:你看过了吗?还好吗? | |
[42:53] | You know, I realized something last night. | 昨晚我了解了一件事 |
[42:57] | This is what happens. | 这是免不了的 |
[42:59] | This is what happens when you work to change things. | 当你努力改变事情时就是会这样 |
[43:02] | First, they think you’re crazy. | 一开始 他们认为你疯了 |
[43:05] | And then they fight you. | 然后他们会和你斗 |
[43:07] | And then all of a sudden you change the world. | 突然之间 你就改变了世界 |
[43:10] | By now, you’ve probably seen the article published | 但你们大概都看过《华尔街日报》上 |
[43:12] | about our company in The Wall Street Journal. | 那篇关于公司的文章 |
[43:15] | The man who wrote it, John Carreyrou, is a spiteful man. | 作者约翰·卡雷鲁是个恶毒的人 |
[43:20] | He is a sad man. | 他很可悲 |
[43:23] | But we are a team. | 但我们是个团队 |
[43:26] | And we will be fighting | 我们会努力奋战 |
[43:28] | every single tiny… detail. | 对于每个小细节 |
[43:39] | Fuck you, Carreyrou! | 去你的 卡雷鲁! |