时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Brandon Foster, Musician’s Institute! | 布兰登·福斯特 音乐研究所 |
[00:04] | I can’t believe she’s gone. | 她居然就这么去世了 |
[00:05] | Callie Adams Foster, | 凯丽·亚当斯·福斯特 |
[00:07] | UCSD five-year law program. | UCSD五年律师项目 |
[00:10] | As much as I care about you, | 尽管我是真的很喜欢你 |
[00:12] | I think I need to see where things go with Amanda. | 我认为我还是需要和阿曼达在一起 |
[00:14] | Jesus Adams Foster, San Diego Community College. | 黑素斯·亚当斯·福斯特 圣地亚哥社区大学 |
[00:18] | I’m gonna go to college. | 我会去上大学 |
[00:19] | Then I’ll go wherever you’re going. | 你去哪我就去哪 |
[00:20] | Emma got an abortion. | 艾玛去堕胎了 |
[00:22] | You didn’t give Jesus a chance to tell you what he really wanted. | 你没给黑素斯一个说出他想法的机会 |
[00:24] | Mariana Adams Foster, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. | 玛丽安娜·亚当斯·福斯特 麻省理工 |
[00:28] | We’ll both be in Boston, | 我们一样要去波士顿了 |
[00:29] | so maybe we can grab a cup of coffee or something. -Yeah. | 到时候还可以一起出来喝杯咖啡什么的 |
[00:32] | Jude Adams Foster, UCLA. | 裘德·亚当斯·福斯特 UCLA |
[00:35] | I think it’s time for a career change. | 或许是时候换工作了 |
[00:36] | It’s not like we’re done. | 我们也不是就停下了 |
[00:37] | I swear they need you more in their 20s than ever. | 他们二十多岁才最需要你 |
[00:40] | He has a– a kid who needs a home. | 他那里有个孩子需要一个家 |
[00:42] | What should I tell him? | 我怎么回答 |
[00:43] | Grace, y-you loved her. | 格蕾丝 你是真心爱她的 |
[00:45] | What makes you so sure? | 你为何如此肯定 |
[00:46] | Because I’ve been loved by you, Brandon, | 因为我曾感受过你的爱 布兰登 |
[00:48] | and it is a powerful thing. | 你的爱非比寻常 |
[00:50] | Eliza and I are engaged. | 伊莱扎和我订婚了 |
[00:53] | That’s amazing. | 太好了 |
[00:59] | Everyone, everyone, just– Thank you. | 各位 各位 谢谢 |
[01:04] | Lena and I would like to thank all of you | 我和莉娜想感谢你们 |
[01:06] | for coming tonight to help us celebrate | 今晚能来到这里帮我们庆祝 |
[01:08] | our recent college grads, Brandon and Mariana, Callie. | 我们的毕业生 布兰登 玛丽安娜和凯丽 |
[01:12] | And Emma. | 还有艾玛 |
[01:13] | And Emma, our beautiful Emma. | 还有艾玛 美丽的艾玛 |
[01:17] | And also to congratulate Jude | 也祝贺袭德顺利完成 |
[01:19] | on finishing up his first year at UCLA. | 在UCLA的第一学年 |
[01:22] | Way to go, bud. | 加油 |
[01:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:26] | Uh, which reminds me, | 这提醒了我 |
[01:27] | we still haven’t seen your final grades yet. | 我们还没看到你的期末成绩呢 |
[01:29] | Neither have I. | 我也没有 |
[01:30] | – The moment you get them… – You will be the first to know. | -拿到了成绩 -第一个告诉你 |
[01:34] | We would also like to congratulate Jesus | 我们还要恭喜黑素斯 |
[01:36] | on getting his contractor license. | 拿到了他的承包人执照 |
[01:39] | He and his friend Wyatt have started | 他和他朋友怀亚特已经开始 |
[01:42] | a custom tree house building business. | 经营定制树屋的生意了 |
[01:44] | So if any of you are in the market… | 如果有人有意向的话 |
[01:46] | We just got business cards actually. | 我们刚拿到了名片 |
[01:48] | And it’s called “Out on a Limb.” | 它叫做”独树一枝” |
[01:50] | Nice! | 可以 |
[01:53] | And last, but certainly not least, | 最后 但并不是最不重要的是 |
[01:55] | we are celebrating | 我们今晚庆祝 |
[01:56] | Eliza and Brandon tonight… | 伊莱扎和布兰登 |
[01:59] | who in less then a week are getting married. | 还有不到一周就要结婚了 |
[02:02] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[02:06] | Standing ovation I guess. | 起立致敬 |
[02:09] | Standing ovation from Jesus alone. | 黑素斯一人起立致敬 |
[02:14] | We are also all very excited | 我们还为也很激动 |
[02:16] | about the destination wedding | 接下来要在特克斯和 |
[02:17] | at Beaches Resort in Turks and Caicos, | 凯科斯群岛的海边度假村举办婚礼 |
[02:19] | courtesy of Jim and Diane… | 感谢吉姆和黛安 |
[02:21] | Our pleasure. | 我们的荣幸 |
[02:23] | We want to welcome Eliza’s brothers, | 我们欢迎伊莱扎的兄弟们 |
[02:25] | Carter and Jamie. | 凯特和杰米 |
[02:30] | And I don’t think that everyone knows our foster son, Corey. | 好像还有人没见过我们的继子 科里 |
[02:35] | So we also thought this would be a great chance | 我们也认为这对我们所有的 |
[02:36] | for all of our friends and families | 家人和朋友来说 |
[02:38] | to get to know each other better. | 是个了解彼此的很好机会 |
[02:41] | It’s kind of crazy that our kids | 我们的孩子已经谈了两年恋爱了 |
[02:42] | have been dating for two years | 我们彼此还几乎不认识 |
[02:44] | and we barely know each other. | 这太离谱了 |
[02:45] | Not for lack of trying. | 不是没尝试过 |
[02:46] | Oh, that’s on us. | 这怪我们 |
[02:47] | We’ve… we’ve been so busy traveling, | 因为吉姆的项目 |
[02:49] | – with Jim’s projects… -Yeah. | -我们一直忙着出差 -没错 |
[02:51] | …all over the world. | 全世界各地飞 |
[02:52] | We’ve barely even been on this continent. | 我们几乎很少在大大陆上待着 |
[02:56] | Well, we, uh, we will have lots of time to bond at the wedding. | 我们会有很多时间在婚礼上聊天的 |
[02:59] | Um, so here’s to our– | 敬这杯酒给 |
[03:05] | Here’s to all of us | 给所有人 |
[03:06] | and the blending of our two families. | 和我们两家的融合 |
[03:08] | – Hear, hear. -Cheers. | -说得真好 -干杯 |
[03:10] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[03:17] | So, my sister tells me you got your BA and JD | 我妹妹告诉我你五年内 |
[03:20] | in just five years? | 拿到了学士和法学博士双学位 |
[03:22] | Yeah. At UCSD. | 没错 在UCSD |
[03:23] | I’m impressed. Uh, it took me seven. | 刮目相看 我花了七年才拿到 |
[03:26] | Yes, I heard you’re a lawyer. | 我也听说你是名律师 |
[03:32] | I feel sick. | 我不舒服 |
[03:34] | How are we gonna tell your moms? | 我们要怎么告诉你妈妈们 |
[03:37] | We should just elope. | 我们应该私奔 |
[03:40] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[03:41] | Don’t worry. They’ll… understand. | 别担心 她们会理解的 |
[04:37] | So where are you looking for a job? | 你在哪找工作 |
[04:38] | East Coast, West Coast? | 东海岸还是西海岸 |
[04:39] | Yeah, so I have multiple job offers all over the country, | 我拿到了全国各地许多工作机会 |
[04:42] | but I’m going backpacking all over Europe | 但我决定在工作之前 |
[04:44] | for a couple months before I start work. | 要去欧洲背包旅行几个月 |
[04:46] | You’re going to Europe? | 你要去欧洲 |
[04:48] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[04:49] | With who? | 和谁一起 |
[04:51] | Who? | 谁 |
[04:52] | No one. Um, I’m going by myself. | 没有人 我打算自己去 |
[04:57] | Why does no one think I can do anything alone? | 为什么没人认为我一个人能做什么 |
[04:59] | ‘Cause you went to college with your best friend, | 因为你连上大学都是和好朋友一起去的 |
[05:01] | and you’ve never done anything alone. | 你从来没有独自做过什么事儿 |
[05:03] | Says the guy who still lives at home. | 还住家里某人说这些 |
[05:05] | I live in the garage, | 我住在车库 |
[05:07] | and I pay rent. | 我还付了房租 |
[05:08] | A hundred bucks a month is not rent. | 一个月100美元不算是房租 |
[05:09] | Well, I’m moving out. | 我要搬走了 |
[05:11] | Emma and I found a place today. | 我和艾玛今天找到个地方 |
[05:13] | It’s a studio but after four years apart, | 是个大开间 但是分开四年了 |
[05:16] | who needs doors, right? | 谁还需要门啊 |
[05:20] | So, are there, like, a lot of, | 圣地亚哥有很多 |
[05:22] | you know, tech jobs here in San Diego? | 互联网工作吗 |
[05:24] | It’s not a major hub. | 这不是主要园区 |
[05:26] | But I’ll be working at a small start-up, | 但我会在一家小型创业公司工作 |
[05:27] | so who knows what it might turn into? | 谁知道以后会发展成什么样呢 |
[05:30] | So what’re your plans? | 你的计划是什么 |
[05:33] | well, I’m interviewing | 我在面试一些 |
[05:34] | for a couple clerkships with judges. | 法官的书记员工作 |
[05:36] | Nice. | 不错 |
[05:37] | What sort of law do you practice? | 你从事哪个领域的法律 |
[05:39] | Corporate. | 公司法 |
[05:39] | I’m in downtown L.A. | 我在洛杉矶市中心的 |
[05:41] | at Hoff, Braverman, and Tensley. | 霍夫 布雷弗曼与特恩斯里公司 |
[05:43] | Oh, well, those disenfranchised corporations need | 那些无选举权的企业 |
[05:45] | all the help they can get. | 需要他们能得到的所有帮助 |
[05:49] | So who are the judges? That you’re interviewing with? | 你面试了哪些法官 |
[05:52] | Lisa Engleman and Curtis Wilson. | 丽莎·恩格尔曼和柯蒂斯·威尔逊 |
[05:54] | I’m guessing your choice is Engleman. | 我猜你会选恩格尔曼 |
[05:58] | – Why do you say that? – Well, she’s progressive | -你为什么这么说 -她是进步党 |
[05:59] | while Wilson’s conservative. | 而威尔逊是保守派 |
[06:03] | I am hoping to get the job with Engleman. | 我希望能拿到和恩格尔曼工作的机会 |
[06:06] | I’m not sure I could work for someone | 我确定我不能和 |
[06:07] | whose values I don’t share. | 价值观不同的人一起工作 |
[06:09] | Well, even if that’s your job as a lawyer? | 即使那是你作为律师的本职工作吗 |
[06:12] | How is that my job as a lawyer? | 那怎么就成律师的本职工作了 |
[06:14] | Well, it’s your job not to let your interpretation | 你的工作不是让法律的解释 |
[06:16] | of the law be clouded by ideology. | 被意识形态所蒙蔽 |
[06:18] | Which I’m guessing you cashed in at Hofferman, whatever? | 你是在霍夫曼投了钱吧 |
[06:21] | Why do you assume that all corporate lawyers are charlatans? | 为什么你认为所有的公司律师都是骗子呢 |
[06:23] | Why do you assume you | 为什么你觉得你需要 |
[06:24] | need to mansplain what my job as a lawyer is? | 解释给我听我的律师工作是什么 |
[06:30] | – Sorry I’m late. -Oh, it’s okay. | -抱歉我来晚了 -没关系 |
[06:32] | Aaron, this is Jamie, | 艾伦 这是杰米 |
[06:35] | Eliza’s brother. | 伊莱扎的哥哥 |
[06:36] | – Nice to meet you. -Yeah, you too. | -很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[06:37] | Aaron’s an attorney also. | 艾伦也是律师 |
[06:38] | He works at the Juvenile Justice Center. | 他在少管所工作 |
[06:40] | It’s a non-profit. | 是非盈利工作 |
[06:43] | So, how did your interview go? | 面试怎么样 |
[06:46] | Fine… until… | 很好 直到 |
[06:47] | I said I was sorry. | 我说过我很抱歉了 |
[06:49] | 4.0 GPA 4.0 GPA, | 4.0 GPA 4.0 GPA, |
[06:51] | amazing recommendations from your professors, | 你教授给你非常棒的推荐 |
[06:54] | editor of the law review. | 法律评论的编辑 |
[06:56] | And I found your sample legal arguments | 我看了篇你的法律论述 |
[06:58] | well-reasoned and researched. | 很有道理 研究的很到位 |
[07:00] | You’re an impressive young woman. | 你是位让人刮目相看的年轻女性 |
[07:03] | Thank you. That means so much coming from you. | 谢谢 您能如此夸奖我十分荣幸 |
[07:06] | I have such admiration | 我非常钦佩 |
[07:09] | for your career and rulings. | 您的职业和判决 |
[07:11] | It would be an honor to clerk for you. | 我很荣幸能为你当书记员 |
[07:13] | I also believe I could be an asset to you. | 我还认为我能成为你的得力助手 |
[07:16] | As a former foster kid who found herself, | 作为一名没有迷失自我的寄养孩子 |
[07:18] | like so many foster kids, | 就如同那么多寄养孩子一样 |
[07:20] | embroiled in the juvenile justice system, | 虽然曾被卷入少管所 |
[07:22] | I’ve personally experienced | 我从各个方面 |
[07:24] | our judicial process from all sides, | 切身经历了司法程序 |
[07:25] | and I believe I could provide a unique point of view | 我相信在判例法中 |
[07:29] | in researching case law | 我能提供独特的视角 |
[07:30] | and helping shape your opinions. | 以帮助改善您的观点 |
[07:33] | Well, Brandon invited Mat to dinner tonight | 布兰登今晚邀请了马特来吃饭 |
[07:34] | even though we totally just broke up, | 即使我们已经彻底分手了 |
[07:36] | and he’s a bag of dicks. | 而且他还是个大混蛋 |
[07:40] | So, do you have any questions for me? | 你对我还有什么问题吗 |
[07:45] | Well, at least she’ll remember you. | 至少她记住你了 |
[07:46] | Not what I was hoping to be remembered for. | 可我不希望她记住这种事 |
[07:48] | So, why is he a bag of… penises? | 他为什么是混蛋 |
[07:55] | Well, we dated in high school and then broke up. | 我们是高中好上的 然后分手了 |
[07:58] | And then we both went to college in Boston, | 然后我们都去波士顿读大学 |
[08:00] | so we got back together. | 所以我们复合了 |
[08:01] | But then he graduated and started playing bass | 但后来他毕业之后开始玩乐队 |
[08:04] | with this band called “Dark Veil.” | 在丧尸厂的乐队里当贝斯手 |
[08:06] | Oh, I’ve heard of them. They’re great. | 我听说过这个乐队 很棒啊 |
[08:09] | except for their bass player. | 除了他们的贝斯手 |
[08:10] | I hear he sucks. | 我听说他很烂 |
[08:12] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[08:13] | Big time. | 非常烂 |
[08:14] | Anyway, he went on tour | 总之 他去巡演了 |
[08:15] | and, long story short, he came back | 长话短说 他回来后 |
[08:17] | and gave me crabs, so… | 让我惹上了阴虱 |
[08:19] | bag of dicks. | 混蛋 |
[08:23] | Real classy, Mariana. | 酷啊 玛丽安娜 |
[08:43] | Should we open another bottle of wine? | 再开一瓶酒吗 |
[08:44] | I think so, yes. | 开吧 |
[08:46] | I cannot believe that you’re finally home. | 我不敢相信你终于回来了 |
[08:49] | No more counting down the days till break. | 不用再倒计时了 |
[08:51] | Yeah. And no stupid fighting on the phone. | 没错 也不用在手机上吵架了 |
[08:55] | Now, I can finally roll over | 现在我可以每晚 |
[08:57] | and kiss you goodnight every night. | 都抱着你睡觉 亲你道晚安了 |
[09:01] | Lena… | 莉娜 |
[09:02] | how are you finding being on the public school board? | 成为学校董事 感觉如何 |
[09:05] | I-I’m enjoying it. | 超棒 |
[09:06] | You know, she got 79 percent of the vote, which is unheard of. | 她赢得了79%的选票 难以置信 |
[09:10] | But you’re still | 但你仍然是 |
[09:10] | the principal of that charter school, right? | 那所特许学校的校长 对吗 |
[09:12] | Anchor Beach? Yes. | 滩锚吗 没错 |
[09:14] | And you don’t find that a conflict of interest? | 没觉得会有利益冲突吗 |
[09:17] | On the contrary, | 恰恰相反 |
[09:19] | it’s important to have educators | 在那里很需要 |
[09:20] | who are actually in the trenches. | 一线的教育者 |
[09:23] | And, Stef, you’re in social work now? | 史戴菲 你的社工工作呢 |
[09:25] | Yes. I run a non-profit child welfare agency | 我在运营一家非盈利儿童福利机构 |
[09:28] | and, uh, shelter for homeless families and abused women. | 为流浪儿童和家暴妇女提供庇护所 |
[09:32] | Well, it’s important work. | 这是很重要的工作 |
[09:35] | You must be so proud of your daughters. | 你们肯定对你们女儿感到自豪 |
[09:37] | MIT and law school grads. | 麻省和法学院毕业 |
[09:39] | Yeah, well, we’re pretty proud of all of our kids. | 没错 我们为我们所有孩子感到骄傲 |
[09:41] | It’s pretty impressive that Brandon got his BA | 尤其是布兰登3年内就拿到了学士学位 |
[09:44] | in three years and then his masters from USC. | 以及南加州大学的硕士学位 |
[09:48] | of course. | 没错 |
[09:48] | And you must be so proud of Eliza… | 你肯定也很为伊莱扎骄傲 |
[09:50] | …being asked to join the L.A. Philharmonic full time. | 能成为洛杉矶爱乐乐团的正式一员 |
[09:53] | Oh, we are. | 没错 |
[09:54] | Though we have no idea | 我们都不明白 |
[09:55] | where she gets her musical talent from. | 她哪儿来的音乐天分 |
[10:01] | So, uh, how do you feel about Brandon’s job prospects? | 对于布兰登的工作前景怎么看 |
[10:06] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[10:08] | Well, you know, | 你们懂的 |
[10:08] | the entertainment business, it’s just so– | 娱乐产业 很… |
[10:11] | I mean, it’s so unpredictable, right? | 无法预料 对吧 |
[10:12] | How many jobs are there scoring television and movies? | 得奖的电视和电影能有多少工作机会呢 |
[10:15] | Well, there’s are also documentaries and training films | 还有很多纪录片啊 教学影片啊 |
[10:19] | and commercials and gaming videos. | 广告啊 游戏视频啊之类的 |
[10:21] | There are probably less career opportunities | 在古典音乐这块肯定机会更少 |
[10:24] | in classical music, and yet Eliza is succeeding. | 但伊莱扎还是成功了 |
[10:27] | Well, yes, of course. | 没错 |
[10:29] | But… with daughters, there’s much less pressure to provide. | 但…就女孩来说 赚钱压力小得多 |
[10:36] | Is everybody ready for some dessert? ‘Cause… | 大家想吃点点心吗 因为… |
[10:40] | I didn’t know you were coming. | 我不知道你来了 |
[10:41] | Jesus told me to come back for dessert. | 黑素斯跟我说后面有甜点 |
[10:43] | Just in time to help me. | 刚好可以帮我 |
[10:45] | Heard you’re going to Europe. | 听说你要去欧洲 |
[10:47] | You know, when you run out of money– which you will– | 缺钱的时候…而且你肯定会缺钱… |
[10:49] | did you know that you can cook in a hostel | 你知道你可以用厨艺在酒店 |
[10:51] | in exchange for a bed? | 交换一晚住宿吗 |
[10:53] | How about I just budget? | 我预算进去就好了 |
[10:54] | Suit yourself, but, you know, | 随便你 但你知道吗 |
[10:55] | I did that for a month in Lisbon, | 我这样在里斯本住了一个月 |
[10:57] | and I learned how to cook a killer Caldo Verde. | 我还学会了怎么做杀手翡翠汤 |
[10:59] | Why don’t you just come with me, | 你为什么不跟我一起呢 |
[11:01] | be my tour guide slash bodyguard. | 当我的导游/保镖 |
[11:02] | Probably help my moms sleep at night. | 这样我妈妈们晚上也能睡踏实了 |
[11:07] | – Here you go. – Oh, thanks, man. | -给 -谢谢 |
[11:09] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[11:11] | Oh, thanks for the cookie. | 谢谢你的饼干 |
[11:17] | So, you obviously haven’t told him the news yet. | 你显然还没跟他说这消息 |
[11:21] | I don’t know how to. | 我不知道怎么说 |
[11:24] | This wasn’t part of the plan. | 这不是计划中的一环 |
[11:25] | And this is totally gonna change everything. | 会彻底改变事情的发展局势的 |
[11:27] | Look, you didn’t mean for this to happen… | 你又不是故意让它发生的 |
[11:30] | but it did. | 但它就是发生了 |
[11:32] | So what if it changes things. | 所以改变就改变了 |
[11:34] | Well, it’s a big step. | 但这得迈出巨大的一步 |
[11:36] | What if he’s not ready? | 如果他没准备好呢 |
[11:37] | You’ve been here before… | 你们以前也经历过 |
[11:39] | and he was on board then. | 他那时候就支持 |
[11:41] | And now he’s older and more mature. | 而现在他更成熟懂事了 |
[11:44] | He can deal. | 他可以处理 |
[11:46] | Or I could just not tell him… | 或者我不告诉他 |
[11:48] | and he’ll never have to know. | 他就不会知道 |
[12:02] | So, how do you feel about being a groomsman? | 你想当伴郎吗 |
[12:04] | I hear you look very handsome in your suit. | 我听说你穿西装超级帅 |
[12:06] | Yeah, I’m excited. | 我超级激动 |
[12:09] | thank you for asking me. | 谢谢你们邀请我 |
[12:10] | So, uh, when did this happen? | 什么时候邀请的 |
[12:13] | All my brothers are groomsmen. | 我的所有兄弟都会是伴郎 |
[12:17] | What do I have to do exactly? | 我该做些什么 |
[12:18] | Just stand with me at the altar. | 陪我站在礼坛边就行 |
[12:20] | And… walk one of my pretty friends down the aisle. | 还要和我一位漂亮的朋友一起走红毯 |
[12:23] | I can do that. | 那我可以做 |
[12:24] | I’m fly with the ladies. | 女士最爱我了 |
[12:26] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[12:28] | – Thank you. – Here you go, my love. | -谢谢 -给你 亲爱的 |
[12:33] | You think we should tell him about his mother? | 你觉得我们应该告诉他关于他妈妈的事吗 |
[12:37] | I think we should wait to see if we have something to tell. | 我觉得我们再等等看该不该说 |
[12:43] | You think Jude’s okay? | 你觉得裘德还好吗 |
[12:46] | Why do you ask? | 你为什么那么问 |
[12:47] | I don’t know. He just… seems not himself. | 不知道 只是他看着不太对劲 |
[12:52] | I just don’t get what the hurry is. | 我不明白在急些什么 |
[12:55] | I think, maybe, after losing Grace, | 我觉得也许是在失去格蕾丝以后 |
[12:58] | he’s afraid of wasting any time. | 他害怕浪费时间 |
[13:00] | Plus, I don’t think her parents would approve | 再说 我觉得她父母 |
[13:03] | of them just living together. | 并不想他们住一起 |
[13:06] | You still on the fence about her? | 你对她还是持观望态度 |
[13:07] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[13:08] | I thought Brandon would end up | 我觉得布兰登 |
[13:11] | with someone more mature, I guess. | 会选择一名更成熟的人 |
[13:13] | Why? How’s she immature? | 为什么 她不成熟吗 |
[13:15] | Like, there’s this whole thing | 就像所有的事 |
[13:17] | with the bridesmaid’s dresses. | 都围着婚纱转一样 |
[13:19] | Well, isn’t there always a thing with the bridesmaid’s dresses? | 难道还有事不围着婚纱转 |
[13:21] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[13:23] | Are you guys talking about the bridesmaid’s dresses? | 你们是在谈论婚纱吗 |
[13:25] | So, I had to tell my parents that I’m… | 我得告诉我父母我… |
[13:28] | sleeping in your room this weekend. | 这个周末睡你卧室 |
[13:30] | So, if it comes up, just… | 如果提到了 你就… |
[13:31] | Sure. | 好 |
[13:33] | Do they still think you’re a virgin? | 难道他们还觉得你是处女 |
[13:35] | – Mariana. – What? | -玛丽安娜 -怎么了 |
[13:37] | No. No, they’re just traditional. | 不不 只是他们很传统 |
[13:41] | you know, when Brandon comes home with me, | 当布兰登跟我一起回家的时候 |
[13:43] | we’re not allowed to sleep in the same room. | 我们是不能睡同一个房间的 |
[13:47] | So what do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[13:50] | They’re pretty, right? | 很漂亮吧 |
[13:52] | Lovely. | 很可爱 |
[13:53] | Really s-sharp. | 很不错 |
[13:55] | And to tie everything together… | 配饰这些… |
[13:57] | we have these. | 我们有这个 |
[14:02] | Come in. | 请进 |
[14:07] | You guys look… fancy. | 你们看起来…很不错 |
[14:11] | I forgot the shoes downstairs. | 我把鞋忘楼下了 |
[14:17] | Listen, these were the dresses that her mom wanted, okay. | 听着 这些是她妈妈想要的款式 |
[14:19] | So let’s just pretend that we… like them? | 所以假装喜欢它们好吗 |
[14:21] | Why’s her mom picking out the dresses? | 为什么她妈妈要挑选裙子 |
[14:23] | – It’s her wedding, right? – Mariana. | -是她的婚礼 不是吗 -玛丽安娜 |
[14:24] | Some things aren’t worth a fight. | 有些事不值得争吵 |
[14:26] | Okay? And Eliza’s parents are paying for everything. | 好吗 伊莱扎父母出所有费用 |
[14:27] | So if they’re happy, she’s happy, | 所以只要他们开心 她就开心 |
[14:29] | and if she’s happy, I’m happy, so… | 只要她开心 我就开心 所以 |
[14:34] | I hope these fit. | 但愿这鞋合适 |
[14:39] | It’s a… | 这是 |
[14:40] | I-Is it a beach wedding? | 是沙滩婚礼吧 |
[14:43] | You know, it’s totally fine. | 没关系的 |
[14:44] | We will walk on the balls of our feet. | 我们可以光脚走路 |
[14:49] | Why does it feel like your sisters are talking about me? | 为什么我感觉你的姐妹们在议论我 |
[14:53] | I’m sure they’re not. | 我确定她们没有 |
[14:55] | Has Callie ever said anything to you? | 凯丽跟你说什么了吗 |
[14:58] | About marrying me? | 关于娶我的事 |
[14:59] | What would she say? | 她会说什么 |
[15:02] | Don’t? | 别娶我 |
[15:04] | Eliza, she likes you. | 伊莱扎 她喜欢你 |
[15:07] | Does she know about my parents? | 她知道我父母的事吗 |
[15:10] | I– How would she know any– | 我 她怎么会知道 |
[15:11] | It just seems like you tell her everything. | 只是看起来你什么都告诉她 |
[15:13] | Okay, well, I don’t tell her everything. | 好吧 我不是什么都告诉她 |
[15:18] | So you didn’t tell her? | 那你没告诉她吗 |
[15:20] | No. | 没有 |
[15:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:26] | I think someone has a crush on you. | 我觉得有人喜欢上你了 |
[15:33] | He’s not my type. | 他不是我的菜 |
[15:35] | Because he’s a corporate lawyer? | 因为他是个企业律师吗 |
[15:37] | Because he’s not my type. | 因为他不是我的菜 |
[15:38] | Okay. Well, you don’t have to marry him. | 好吧 又不是非得要嫁给他 |
[15:40] | When was the last time you got laid? | 你上一次上床是什么时候 |
[15:42] | – Oh, my God. – What? | -什么意思你 -怎么了 |
[15:43] | I’m just sayin’. You worked so hard the past five years. | 我意思是 过去的五年你工作这么辛苦 |
[15:46] | I mean, seriously, did you date anyone? | 说认真的 你有跟谁约会吗 |
[15:49] | Well, after a certain someone broke my heart– | 在某人把我的心伤透了之后 |
[15:51] | Okay, that is not how that went down. | 好吧 话不是这么说的 |
[15:55] | Look, weddings are like Vegas. | 听着 婚姻就像是拉斯维加斯 |
[15:58] | What happens at them stays at them. | 过去的就过去了 |
[16:20] | I’ll have one of those. | 给我也来一杯 |
[16:24] | Princeton? | 普林斯顿 |
[16:27] | Shit. That must be tough. | 我去 那肯定挺难的 |
[16:29] | – What’s your major? – Classics. | -你什么专业 -古希腊文学 |
[16:32] | Like, uh… | 就是 |
[16:34] | Latin and Homer and stuff? | 古罗马和荷马之类的 |
[16:35] | Yeah. | 对 |
[16:36] | It’s a good foundation for law school, | 这为之后上法学院打下很好的基础 |
[16:38] | which is what my brother, Jamie, did, | 我哥哥杰米就是这么走过来的 |
[16:41] | and he’s the golden boy, so… | 而他现在人见人爱 所以 |
[16:44] | In what world is the boy at Princeton not golden? | 在什么世界里普林斯顿的男生不招人喜欢 |
[16:47] | My world. | 我的世界 |
[16:50] | How do you like UCLA? | 你喜欢UCLA吗 |
[16:54] | It’s good. | 挺好的 |
[16:56] | Best part about going to Princeton is that | 去普林斯顿上学最棒的是 |
[16:58] | it’s all the way across the country. | 在国家的另一边 |
[17:01] | Yeah, well, L.A.’s not too far. | 对啊 洛杉矶不是很远 |
[17:03] | – Do you come home much? – Not really. | -你经常回家吗 -不太回 |
[17:05] | I don’t have a car, | 我没有车 |
[17:07] | and, you know, it’s fun to party on the weekends. | 而且周末的派对很好玩 |
[17:10] | For sure. | 肯定的 |
[17:12] | Brandon’s in L.A. though. You must see him? | 布兰登也在洛杉矶 你肯定见他吧 |
[17:14] | Not so much. | 不怎么见 |
[17:17] | Everyone’s… really busy. | 大家都挺忙的 |
[17:20] | So, what’re you studying? | 那你在学什么 |
[17:22] | I don’t know. Maybe psychology? | 不知道呢 可能心理学吧 |
[17:26] | Although I hear good things about the classics. | 不过我听说古希腊文学挺好的 |
[17:30] | My girlfriend’s a psych major. | 我女朋友是心理学专业的 |
[17:40] | – Refill? – No, I’m good. | -再来一杯吗 -不了 |
[17:54] | Liquid courage? | 喝酒壮胆吗 |
[17:57] | I’m guessing you haven’t told Moms yet? | 我猜你还没告诉老妈们呢吧 |
[17:59] | I don’t think now is the time or place. | 我觉得现在不是一个好的时间和地点 |
[18:02] | As long as it’s before she’s walking down the aisle. | 只要是在她在婚礼上走向你之前就行 |
[18:05] | It’s not Eliza’s fault. | 这不是伊莱扎的错 |
[18:07] | And, by the way, she thinks you don’t like her. | 顺便说一句 她觉得你不喜欢她 |
[18:09] | I don’t really know her, Brandon. | 我并不了解她 布兰登 |
[18:11] | No one does. | 没人了解她 |
[18:12] | Whose fault is that? | 这是谁的错 |
[18:15] | I guess… hers… | 大概是 她的 |
[18:17] | and yours? | 还有你的错 |
[18:19] | You haven’t brought her home much. | 你都不怎么带她回家 |
[18:21] | She’s very shy, okay. | 她非常害羞 好吗 |
[18:23] | And she’s an artist. | 而且她是个艺术家 |
[18:24] | She’s spent most of her life practicing cello. | 她人生中的大部分时间都在练习大提琴 |
[18:26] | She’s not comfortable around people she doesn’t know. | 如果身边都是不认识的人她会不自在 |
[18:29] | Well, we’re not just people. We’re your family. | 我们不是随便什么人 我们是你的家人 |
[18:31] | Yes, but our family is loud | 对 但是咱们家很吵 |
[18:34] | and kind of in your face sometimes. | 而且有时会像你这样摆一副臭脸 |
[18:37] | And you can be intimidating. | 你会有点咄咄逼人 |
[18:41] | What do you want me to do? | 你想让我做什么 |
[18:43] | Make her feel accepted. | 让她感觉到被接受 |
[18:45] | You of all people should know | 你们所有人应该都知道 |
[18:46] | what it feels like to not belong. | 没有归属感的感觉 |
[18:48] | I… | 我 |
[18:49] | accepted her friend request on Facebook, | 在脸书上接受了她的加好友申请 |
[18:51] | and I’m very generous with my “Likes.” | 并且我毫不吝啬我的”赞” |
[18:58] | If I were you, I would get it over with. | 我要是你 我会尽快了结此事 |
[19:05] | So excited you guys asked us to do this. | 我们很高兴你们让我们做这件事 |
[19:08] | Um, we know you met at USC, | 我们知道你们是在USC认识的 |
[19:09] | but Brandon’s not really great with details | 不过布兰登不太善于描述细节 |
[19:12] | and we never really asked you exactly how, so… | 而且我们从来没有问过你具体的 那 |
[19:16] | you know, was there a cute story or– | 有没有什么有趣的故事或者 |
[19:18] | Well, um, I had just seen him around the music department, | 我只是在音乐学院见过他 |
[19:22] | and I thought he was really hot– | 而且我觉得他很性感 |
[19:26] | I mean handsome. | 我是说帅气 |
[19:27] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[19:29] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[19:30] | Anyway, | 总而言之 |
[19:31] | I– I heard that he was looking | 我听说他在找 |
[19:33] | for musicians to play a score he wrote | 音乐家来演奏他为一部 |
[19:35] | in a student film, | 学生电影写的配乐 |
[19:37] | and I figured it was my chance to get him to notice me. | 我觉得这是一个能让他注意到我的机会 |
[19:40] | Oh, I’m sure he noticed you. | 他肯定注意到你了 |
[19:42] | It sure didn’t seem like it. | 真的不是这样的 |
[19:50] | Brandon was all business. | 布兰登非常专业 |
[19:53] | I don’t think he looked at me once. | 我觉得他都没有看过我一次 |
[19:54] | Okay, uh, violins and viola… | 好了 小提琴和中提琴 |
[19:56] | let’s do a little more of crescendo | 在中间那段的三连音部分 |
[19:58] | in the triplet section in the middle | 我们再做多一点的声音渐强 |
[19:59] | just so it helps really build, okay? | 这样能够加强整体性 |
[20:02] | All right. Again. | 好了 再来一遍 |
[20:12] | I didn’t even think she knew who I was. | 我觉得她都不知道我是谁 |
[20:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[20:17] | She was the star of the music school, | 她是音乐学院的明星 |
[20:20] | and she was already playing with the L.A. Phil part time. | 她已经在洛杉矶交响乐团做兼职了 |
[20:29] | I couldn’t imagine why she wanted to waste her time | 我无法想象她为什么想要浪费她的时间 |
[20:32] | playing in some stupid student film score. | 来演奏一个愚蠢的学生电影的配乐 |
[20:36] | That was really good. | 很好 |
[20:37] | Let-let’s just go again and try to put | 我们再来一遍 记得在 |
[20:39] | more crescendo in the triplet section in the middle. | 中间部分的三连音加强渐强 |
[20:43] | But, uh… okay. Again. | 好了 再来一遍 |
[20:48] | And the way she plays, I mean, | 她演奏的样子 |
[20:50] | she’s so confident, so intense. | 是那么的自信 那么的强烈 |
[20:54] | And of course she’s beautiful. | 当然她也很漂亮 |
[20:56] | I was so nervous that she wouldn’t find my score challenging. | 我非常紧张怕她觉得我的配乐不够挑战性 |
[21:00] | And then when she wouldn’t even look at me, | 而且我发现她都没有看我一眼的时候 |
[21:02] | I assumed she hated it and me. | 就觉得她不喜欢这首曲子还有我 |
[21:05] | His piece was so beautiful. | 他的作品非常美 |
[21:09] | I couldn’t believe how talented he was. | 我无法想象他是多么得有才华 |
[21:12] | But, obviously, he wasn’t into me, so… | 不过显然他并没有注意到我 所以 |
[21:15] | After the session… | 演奏结束后 |
[21:17] | I– I started to leave, | 我准备离开 |
[21:19] | but then suddenly, I marched over to him | 不过突然 我走向他 |
[21:21] | and heard myself asking to get coffee. | 并且听到我自己问他要不要去喝杯咖啡 |
[21:25] | – Thanks. – Bye. | -谢谢 -再见 |
[21:28] | Do you want to grab a cup of coffee? | 你想去喝杯咖啡吗 |
[21:31] | After the session, she was about to leave when… | 演奏结束后 她准备离开了 |
[21:34] | When I suddenly just walked over to her | 这时我突然走向她 |
[21:37] | and asked her if she wanted to get coffee. | 问她想不想去喝杯咖啡 |
[21:38] | Do you want to get some coffee? | 你想去喝杯咖啡吗 |
[21:40] | I think we were both nervous at first. | 我们两个人一开始都很紧张 |
[21:44] | Oh, do you not like your coffee? | 你是不喜欢你的咖啡吗 |
[21:46] | Oh, I don’t drink coffee actually. | 其实我不喝咖啡的 |
[21:48] | Me, neither. I hate it actually. | 我也不喝 我其实不喜欢喝 |
[21:52] | But once we broke the ice… | 不过一旦我们打破冷场 |
[21:55] | We had so much to talk about. | 我们有太多太多可以聊的 |
[21:56] | It wasn’t just about which professors we liked… | 不只是关于我们喜欢哪个教授 |
[21:59] | Which dorms smelled like soup… | 哪个宿舍闻起来有股汤味 |
[22:01] | Or music. But life, | 还是音乐 还有人生 |
[22:04] | you know, and other big things. | 还有其它一些人生问题 |
[22:07] | I told him how much I loved the score he wrote. | 我告诉他我有多喜欢他写的配乐 |
[22:10] | I told her how brilliant she played it. | 我告诉她的演奏是多么的富有才华 |
[22:12] | Oh, I love the way you play. | 我喜欢你演奏的方式 |
[22:13] | Then he told me about Grace. | 然后他告诉我格蕾丝的事 |
[22:15] | – I’m so sorry. – Yeah. | -我很抱歉 -是啊 |
[22:16] | He was just so vulnerable. I– | 他是那么的脆弱 我 |
[22:19] | I knew he really knew how to love someone. | 我知道他真的知道如何去爱一个人 |
[22:21] | Her name was Grace. | 她的名字叫格蕾丝 |
[22:22] | And I thought, from afar, that | 我觉得 不了解她的人会觉得 |
[22:25] | maybe she was full of herself, | 或许她完全沉浸在自己的世界里 |
[22:28] | but I realized that she’s just shy. | 不过我意识到她只是害羞 |
[22:32] | Sensitive. | 敏感 |
[22:34] | Sensitive. | 敏感 |
[22:35] | Caring. | 富有同情心 |
[22:39] | And caring. | 富有同情心 |
[22:41] | He wasn’t like any other guy I’d ever met. | 他和我所遇到的人都不一样 |
[22:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:50] | For the coffee, by the way. | 谢谢你请我喝咖啡 |
[22:51] | Right. Which you didn’t drink. | 但是你没喝 |
[22:53] | Well, it looked nice. It looked good. | 咖啡看着很不错 很好 |
[22:55] | It was… yeah. | 是的 嗯 |
[23:08] | After Grace, | 在格蕾丝过世之后 |
[23:09] | I didn’t think i could feel that way again, | 我以为我不会再有那种感觉了 |
[23:11] | but… I do. | 但是我有了 |
[23:18] | I love her. | 我爱她 |
[23:19] | I love him. | 我爱他 |
[23:24] | And that’s the story. | 故事经过就是这样 |
[23:28] | It was a good story. | 这是个美好的故事 |
[23:30] | Can’t believe my baby boy is getting married. | 不敢相信我的宝贝儿子要结婚了 |
[23:35] | – And so young. – I know– | -而且还这么年轻 -我知道 |
[23:37] | Ah, listen. | 听着 |
[23:39] | Your Mom and I are really glad that you found happiness again, | 我和你妈妈真的很高兴你再次找到了幸福 |
[23:42] | es-especially after losing someone that you loved | 尤其是在你年纪这么轻的时候 |
[23:45] | so early in life. | 就失去了挚爱 |
[23:47] | We’re absolutely thrilled and honored | 我们真的很激动 也感到很荣幸 |
[23:50] | that you and Eliza have asked us to marry you. | 你和伊莱扎请我们为你们证婚 |
[23:54] | I really hope that we can do you justice. | 我真的希望我们不负期望 |
[23:55] | You will. | 一定的 |
[23:57] | Thank you for saying yes. | 谢谢你们答应我 |
[23:59] | It… means a lot to us. | 这对我们来说很重要 |
[24:03] | – I love you, B. – I love you, Mom. | -我爱你 小布 -我爱你 妈 |
[24:10] | You think they’ll blame Eliza? | 你觉得他们会怪伊莱扎吗 |
[24:15] | I think they’ll be disappointed. | 我觉得他们会很失望 |
[24:18] | You need to tell them | 你得赶紧和他们说 |
[24:19] | they’re not doing the ceremony… | 不能由她们举办婚礼了 |
[24:22] | before they hear it from anyone else. | 以免他们从别人口中听到 |
[24:37] | Oh, you don’t have to do that, sweetheart. | 你不必这么做 亲爱的 |
[24:38] | Oh, I don’t mind. | 我不介意 |
[24:41] | – Thank you. – Thank you, Corey. | -谢谢 -谢谢你 科里 |
[24:42] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[24:43] | He seems like a nice young man. | 他看起来是个不错的年轻人 |
[24:44] | How long have you had him? | 他寄养在你们家多久了 |
[24:46] | Oh, we’ve been fostering him for a year. | 他已经在我们这里寄养了一年 |
[24:49] | Yeah. We plan on adopting him. | 我们打算收养他 |
[24:51] | Oh! Isn’t that wonderful? | 多好的事 |
[24:53] | I so admire how you’ve taken in all these kids. | 我很佩服你们收养了这些孩子 |
[24:56] | You know, Eliza loves animals. | 伊莱喜欢小动物 |
[24:58] | She wanted to take in every stray she ever came across. | 遇到的每一只流浪的小动物 她都想收养 |
[25:02] | Mom. | 妈 |
[25:05] | Hey, what’re we talking about? | 你们在聊些什么呢 |
[25:08] | My mother was comparing foster kids to stray animals. | 我母亲在拿流浪的小动物比喻寄养儿童 |
[25:12] | It’s not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 |
[25:14] | I’m, I’m uh, sorry | 很抱歉 |
[25:16] | your father and Ana couldn’t be here tonight. | 你父亲和安娜今晚不能来 |
[25:18] | Oh, yeah. They are, too. | 是的 他们也很抱歉 |
[25:19] | Ana’s, uh, eight months pregnant and on bed rest. | 安娜怀孕八个月 正在卧床休息 |
[25:22] | So I just told him to stay with her. | 所以我叫他陪着她 |
[25:23] | Yeah, well, please give them our love. | 请向他们转达我们的关爱 |
[25:26] | We had dinner with them a couple weeks ago. | 几周前 我们和他们一起吃晚饭 |
[25:28] | – They are absolutely lovely. – Yes. | -他们真的是好人 -是的 |
[25:31] | Ana’s really bummed that she can’t make the wedding. | 安娜不能来参加婚礼真的很可惜 |
[25:33] | But, obviously, she can’t travel, so. | 但是显然 她也不适合旅行 所以 |
[25:36] | And your grandparents can’t make it either? | 你的祖父母也不能出席吗 |
[25:38] | Oh, and here we thought a destination wedding would be a treat. | 我们还以为旅行结婚是一种享受呢 |
[25:40] | Oh, no. It is. It is. | 是的 的确是的 |
[25:41] | And we– we are so looking forward to it. | 我们很期待 |
[25:44] | You know, I actually prefer a small, intimate wedding | 其实我更想办一个小型的私人婚礼 |
[25:47] | with just immediate family. | 只邀请亲朋出席 |
[25:49] | It’s so much less stressful | 相比起办一个款待所有朋友们的婚礼 |
[25:50] | than having to entertain all our friends. | 小型私人婚礼的压力没有这么大 |
[25:52] | Plus, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t much like our friends. | 而且 他们肯定也不太会喜欢我们的朋友 |
[25:55] | No. | 是的 |
[25:56] | Oh, yes? Why-Why is that? | 是吗 为什么 |
[25:59] | Oh, they’re really traditional. | 他们真的很传统 |
[26:01] | They’re not nearly as interesting as all of you. | 他们远不如你们这么有趣 |
[26:05] | So, at weddings… | 那在婚礼上 |
[26:07] | …we like to do a family dance. | 我们想要办一个家庭舞会 |
[26:09] | Basically, each person from your family | 其实就是 你们家里的每一个人 |
[26:11] | gets matched up with someone of the opposite sex from ours. | 和我们家里的某位异性配对跳舞 |
[26:14] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[26:15] | Well, normally, uh, the bride’s parents | 通常来说 新娘的父母 |
[26:18] | would dance with the groom’s parents, | 会与新郎的父母跳舞 |
[26:20] | but in this case, I thought | 但是在这个情况下 我想 |
[26:21] | maybe Jim could alternate between the two of you | 也许吉姆可以和你们俩轮流交换 |
[26:24] | – so it wouldn’t be awkward. – Yeah. | -这样场面就不会尴尬了 -嗯 |
[26:26] | Well, we wouldn’t want it to be awkward, would we? | 我们也不希望场面尴尬对吧 |
[26:31] | And, you know, as far as the ceremony goes, | 就婚礼仪式而言 |
[26:33] | Stef and I had a chance for some one-on-one time | 几天前 我和史戴菲与他们俩 |
[26:36] | with these two a couple days ago, | 有机会一对一地交流过 |
[26:37] | and we got some cute stories out of them, | 我们听他们说了那些美妙的故事 |
[26:39] | but if there’s anything else, you know, | 但如果有别的事 |
[26:40] | you want us to add, just let us know. | 你们希望我们添加进去的 就告诉我们 |
[26:42] | Well, we’ve already spoken to Reverend Nelson, | 我们已经和纳尔逊牧师说过了 |
[26:44] | but… | 但是 |
[26:46] | …I’m sure he would be happy to include | 我相信他会很开心 |
[26:48] | a few anecdotes from the parents of the groom. | 从新郎的父母加入一些趣闻的 |
[26:57] | So, Eliza thought they were cool with you marrying us, | 伊莱扎以为他们对你们为我们证婚没意见 |
[27:00] | but then they dropped this bomb on her today, | 但是他们今天告诉她这个坏消息 |
[27:02] | and she feels terrible. | 她觉得很难过 |
[27:03] | But I guess it’s just important to her parents | 但是看来由真正的牧师来为我们证婚 |
[27:05] | that we get married by an actual… minister. | 对她的父母来说很重要 |
[27:08] | I thought you guys could do like a special reading though. | 我觉得你们可以加一段发言 |
[27:10] | I mean, a toast or something. | 说说祝酒词之类的 |
[27:12] | I mean, you guys could say everything you were gonna say. | 你们可以说任何你们想要说的话 |
[27:14] | It’s just the “I do” parts, I guess. | 我想只是我愿意那部分不行 |
[27:17] | No. Honey. Honey. Absolutely. | 不 亲爱的 完全没问题 |
[27:19] | We can– we can do a reading. That’s fine, right? | 我们可以办一个读书会 这可以吧 |
[27:21] | Yeah, yeah. You know, toast sounds good. | 当然 说说祝酒词也很不错 |
[27:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:24] | All right, great. Thank you for understanding. | 太好了 谢谢你们的理解 |
[27:26] | I love you guys. | 我爱你们 |
[27:27] | Yeah. Come here. Ohh! | 嗯 来抱抱 |
[27:29] | Now, you better go out and tell Eliza that everything’s okay. | 你最好去告诉伊莱扎没事了 |
[27:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:42] | – You okay? – Yeah, I’m… | -你还好吧 -还好 我 |
[27:46] | You think a minister is that important to them? | 你觉得牧师对他们来说很重要吗 |
[27:48] | Or is the ceremony just another thing | 还是说仪式只是另一件 |
[27:50] | we’re too “Interesting” for? | 我们太有兴趣去做的事呢 |
[27:52] | You think they’re homophobic? | 你觉得他们恐同吗 |
[27:53] | Well, what was all that about dancing with the opposite sex? | 异性配对跳舞是什么东西 |
[27:56] | It’s their family tradition. | 那是他们家的传统 |
[27:58] | They’re from Orange County. | 他们是奥兰治县人 |
[28:00] | Probably voted for that orange man. | 也许还投了那个奥兰治县人一票 |
[28:02] | The Twitter twit. | 那个推特笨蛋 |
[28:03] | The one whose name shall not be spoken in this house. | 一个我们家不许提起的名字 |
[28:05] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[28:06] | I’m this far away from giving them a piece of my mind. | 我差点就把我的想法说出来了 |
[28:08] | No. Do not ruin this wedding for B. | 别说 别毁了小布的婚礼 |
[28:10] | He would never forgive you. | 他绝对不会原谅你的 |
[28:12] | She’s the bride. | 她是新娘 |
[28:13] | And the bride’s parents always get to run the show, right? | 婚礼总是由新娘的父母来操办的对吧 |
[28:16] | Yeah, right. | 没错 |
[28:17] | And when Callie and Mariana get married, | 等凯丽和玛丽安娜结婚的时候 |
[28:20] | you and I get to be Momzillas, so there’s that. | 我们俩就做妈咪婚控狂了 还是有好处的 |
[28:23] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[28:31] | Where’s your boyfriend? | 你男朋友呢 |
[28:33] | Aaron? He’s just a good friend. | 亚伦吗 他只是我的好朋友 |
[28:39] | He’s a nice guy. | 他是个好人 |
[28:41] | Yes, he is. | 是的 |
[28:43] | So, I don’t know if you’ve heard of this family dance | 我不知道你有没有听说 |
[28:47] | my parents are insisting on, | 我父母坚持要在婚礼上 |
[28:49] | uh, at the wedding. | 搞家庭舞会 |
[28:52] | Apparently, you and I are partners. | 显然我和你是舞伴 |
[28:58] | Okay. I haven’t been looked at with that much disgust | 好吧 自从五年级的四对舞之后 |
[29:01] | since fifth grade Cotillion. | 我还没有被人这么嫌弃过 |
[29:03] | That’s not a thing. | 没有这种事 |
[29:04] | You thought this charm and grace came naturally? | 你以为这种魅力和优雅是与生俱来的吗 |
[29:06] | Oh, no. I learned it all at Cotillion. | 当然不是 我是在四对舞上学来的 |
[29:10] | Also the waltz, foxtrot, | 还有华尔兹 狐步舞 |
[29:11] | and how to deal with massive rejection. | 如何应对多次遭人拒绝 |
[29:15] | Oh, rejection builds character. | 拒绝造就了个性 |
[29:18] | It can’t have happened too often. | 这也不能发生地太频繁 |
[29:21] | You know what, I think there was a compliment in there somewhere. | 这好像可以算赞美 |
[29:25] | Uh, actually, I learned to only ask a girl to dance | 其实我学会了只邀请 |
[29:27] | if I know she’ll say yes. | 我知道不会拒绝我的女生去跳舞 |
[29:29] | Or, you know, if she’s required to out of familial obligations. | 比如如果她是出于家庭义务而去跳舞的 |
[29:33] | So what do you say, waltz or foxtrot? | 你觉得呢 华尔兹还是狐步舞 |
[29:38] | You all right. | 你没事吧 |
[29:40] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[29:51] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[29:53] | Chill, you drank in college. | 别激动 你在大学里也喝酒 |
[29:56] | That night you spent puking | 加州大学圣迭戈分校的返校日之后 |
[29:57] | after UCSD homecoming? | 你吐了一晚上 |
[29:59] | We had to throw away the bath mat. | 我们不得不扔掉了浴室防滑垫 |
[30:00] | How many have you had? | 你们喝了多少 |
[30:02] | So Eliza’s brother says that he has a girlfriend, | 伊莱扎的弟弟说他有女朋友 |
[30:05] | but do you kinda get, like, a gay vibe from him? | 但你有没有觉得他是同性恋 |
[30:08] | Okay. You’re cut off. | 好了 你不准再喝了 |
[30:09] | And you’re going to bed before Moms see you. | 在妈妈看到你喝醉之前 你要上床睡觉 |
[30:12] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[30:13] | No, Jude. You’re not. | 不 裘德 你喝多了 |
[30:14] | – I’m fine… – Jude… | -我没事 -裘德 |
[30:23] | It’s all yours. | 轮到你了 |
[30:24] | A-Actually, um… | 事实上 |
[30:27] | I’m not waiting for the bathroom. | 我不是来上厕所的 |
[30:29] | I need to talk to you about Emma. | 我想和你谈下艾玛的事 |
[30:53] | 接触性病毒预防 特鲁瓦达[主要用于艾滋病病毒感染] | |
[31:06] | Party’s over? | 派对结束了 |
[31:09] | Uh, for me. | 我该走了 |
[31:10] | Yeah. I got a lot of work in the morning. | 还要早起工作 |
[31:13] | You know, convincing the court that | 说服法官 |
[31:14] | corporations are people, too. | 人无完人孰能无过 |
[31:16] | – Good luck with that. – Thank you. | -祝你好运 -谢谢 |
[31:18] | I’ll see you at the wedding. | 婚礼见 |
[31:21] | Oh, and for the record, | 需要声明 |
[31:23] | I’m more of a waltz guy. | 我喜欢华尔兹 |
[31:36] | So, what’s up? | 怎么了 |
[31:39] | Mariana told me. | 玛丽安娜都跟我说了 |
[31:43] | That you got a job offer… | 你得到了一个工作机会 |
[31:46] | in India. | 在印度 |
[31:49] | I’m– I’m not gonna take it. | 我并不打算接受 |
[31:51] | Why did you apply in the first place? | 你当初为什么要申请 |
[31:54] | Bangalore is like the Silicon Valley of India. | 班加罗尔就像是印度版的硅谷 |
[31:58] | It’s a really big deal, and I didn’t think that I would get it. | 挺难的 我都没想到自己能进 |
[32:01] | We had plans. | 我们都计划好了 |
[32:03] | Right? We had plans. | 对吧 我们都计划好了 |
[32:05] | And I’ve been waiting for you for four years. | 我等了你4年 |
[32:08] | Do you know how hard that’s been? | 你知道这有多煎熬吗 |
[32:10] | Did you think that it was easy for me? | 难道我就不煎熬吗 |
[32:13] | Having a boyfriend back home while all my friends | 男朋友在家里 我只能看着其他闺蜜 |
[32:15] | are dating and hooking up and having fun? | 享受着约会钓凯子的乐趣 |
[32:19] | Wow, I’m sorry that I ruined your college experience. | 真抱歉毁了你大学的美好时光 |
[32:22] | No! No, no, that-that… | 不不不 我的意思是 |
[32:25] | That’s not what I’m saying. | 我不是这个意思 |
[32:36] | I want to be with you. | 我想和你在一起 |
[32:40] | Which is why I am not gonna take the job. | 因此我不会接受这份工作 |
[32:43] | Oh, even though it’s a really big deal? | 尽管这个工作非常重要 |
[32:45] | You could come with me. | 你可以和我一起去印度 |
[32:46] | Now you want me to come with you? | 现在你愿意让我跟着你了 |
[32:48] | I wanted to go with you to Boston, | 我想跟你去波士顿 |
[32:50] | and you said no. | 你拒绝了 |
[32:51] | It would have been too much. | 当时那样进展太快了 |
[32:52] | For you. It would have been too much. | 对于你 对你来说进展太快 |
[32:54] | You didn’t want me there. | 你压根就不想看到我 |
[32:56] | You know what, Emma? I don’t want to go to India. | 你知道吗艾玛 我不想去印度 |
[33:01] | I– I know… | 我知道 |
[33:03] | that you don’t take me building tree houses seriously. | 你不把我建树屋当回事 |
[33:07] | But me and Wyatt, that’s– | 但我和怀亚特 |
[33:09] | this is what we are gonna do, and we’re gonna succeed. | 这件事我们做定了 一定会成功的 |
[33:15] | I… said… | 我说过 |
[33:18] | I wouldn’t go. I’m choosing you. | 我不去印度 我选择你 |
[33:20] | If you were choosing me, | 你要真选择了我 |
[33:21] | you never would have applied | 一开始就不会 |
[33:23] | for this job in the first place. | 申请这份工作 |
[33:27] | Just… be honest. | 你就说实话吧 |
[33:30] | Okay? If you stay in San Diego with me… | 如果你和我留在圣地亚哥 |
[33:34] | are you going to regret it? | 你是否会后悔这个选择 |
[33:43] | Go to India. | 去印度吧 |
[33:46] | Jesus, I– | 老天呐 |
[33:47] | Go to India. | 去印度吧 |
[33:50] | You’re not ready for this, Emma. | 你还没有准备好接受这份感情 艾玛 |
[33:51] | It’s obvious. | 很明显 |
[33:58] | But I can’t wait for you anymore. | 我不能再等下去了 |
[34:08] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[34:14] | I’m done. | 我受够了 |
[34:38] | What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[34:39] | Friends and well wishers of the family. | 我是朋友 来送祝福的 |
[34:42] | So this is like high school all over again? | 要重蹈高中的覆辙吗 |
[34:45] | Just gonna run back to Wyatt? | 爬回怀亚特的怀抱 |
[34:46] | Dude, take it down a notch. | 老兄 放轻松点 |
[34:47] | Don’t you see who you are? | 你心里难道没点数 |
[34:49] | You’re her plan B. | 你就是个备胎 |
[34:51] | I am a plan B who is going | 我是个能和她 |
[34:52] | backpacking through Europe with her this summer. | 在夏天一起去欧洲远足的备胎 |
[34:54] | Wyatt, I am sorry, you’re going backpacking | 怀亚特 你要和玛丽安娜 |
[34:56] | to Europe with Mariana? | 去欧洲远足 |
[34:58] | No, no, no. Wait a minute, where did you get that idea? | 不不不 等一下 你哪来的这个想法 |
[35:01] | You asked me to go with you. | 是你邀请我和你去的 |
[35:03] | Dude, you’re gonna be bailing on me too? | 难道你也要放我鸽子 |
[35:05] | No, man, it’s not like we have jobs yet. | 没有啊 那又不是个固定的工作 |
[35:07] | We start in a month. | 一个月后再开始都行 |
[35:08] | I was kidding when I asked him. | 我当时是开玩笑的 |
[35:10] | Oh, you are such a selfish bitch, Mariana. | 你个自私的臭婊子 玛丽安娜 |
[35:14] | You know that? | 知道不 |
[35:19] | Some people never change. | 有些人就是狗改不了吃屎 |
[35:21] | And some people do. | 但有些人也是会变的 |
[35:22] | Big time. | 烂透了 |
[35:25] | See you at the wedding. | 婚礼见 |
[35:32] | Well, that was fun. | 真是有趣的派对 |
[35:33] | Yeah, it was. | 对啊 |
[35:34] | Thanks for a great night… | 多谢你们的款待 |
[35:36] | and congrats again, Brandon. | 再次祝贺你 布兰登 |
[35:38] | Thank you, Jim. | 谢谢你 吉姆 |
[35:39] | Eliza, honey, walk me to the car. | 伊莱扎亲爱的 送我上车吧 |
[35:42] | Goodnight, Brandon. | 晚安 布兰登 |
[35:43] | See ya. | 再见 |
[35:49] | So… | 所以 |
[35:50] | I… had my attorney draw this up. | 我找律师起草了这个 |
[35:54] | It’s a pre-nuptial agreement. | 这是份婚前协议 |
[35:56] | I think you’ll agree it’s fair. | 你也知道这是为了公平起见 |
[35:58] | I’d like you to read it and sign it before the wedding. | 我希望你能看看在婚前把字签了 |
[36:13] | We have thrown so many great parties in that backyard. | 我们在后院举办了多少精彩的派对 |
[36:15] | I can’t believe that might have been the last tonight. | 真不敢相信这可能会是最后一个 |
[36:18] | When you are gonna talk to the kids about what’s going on? | 你打算什么时候向孩子们摊牌 |
[36:23] | When I’m ready, I guess. | 等我准备好了 |
[36:27] | Just wanted to say goodnight. | 我是来说晚安的 |
[36:29] | Hey, come on in, bud. | 快过来伙计 |
[36:31] | Did you have fun tonight? | 今晚玩得开心吗 |
[36:32] | Yeah. | 开兴 |
[36:35] | Anything else? | 还有事吗 |
[36:37] | Have you heard anything about my mom? | 你们有我妈妈的消息吗 |
[36:40] | Uh… we know that she had | 我们听说她 |
[36:42] | an appointment with the judge again. | 和法官约了见面 |
[36:44] | Did she show up this time? | 她这次现身了吗 |
[36:48] | We haven’t heard yet. | 我们还没打听到消息 |
[36:51] | Does she know you wanna adopt me? | 她知道你们打算收养我吗 |
[36:54] | Your social worker knows. | 你的社工知道 |
[36:57] | Yup. I hope she didn’t show up. | 我希望她永远都不要现身 |
[37:00] | I want you to be my moms. | 我想让你们做我的妈妈 |
[37:02] | We do, too. | 我们也希望如此 |
[37:09] | it’s not that she doesn’t love you, you know that, right? | 这不意味着她不爱你了 知道吗 |
[37:12] | She just loves drugs more. | 但她更爱毒品 |
[37:15] | Honey, she’s sick. She has a disease. | 宝贝 她病了 她染了病 |
[37:19] | But you have us. | 但你还有我们呢 |
[37:20] | Okay? And we love you, | 我们都很爱你 |
[37:22] | and we always will. | 我们会永远爱着你 |
[37:25] | Okay. | 我知道 |
[37:26] | Hey, come here. | 快过来 |
[37:48] | Hey, what are you looking at? | 在看什么呢 |
[37:50] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[37:55] | So this wedding should be fun. | 这婚礼肯定很有趣 |
[37:58] | Jesus isn’t even speaking to me. | 黑素斯都不和我说话了 |
[38:00] | You know, maybe I will go to Europe with Wyatt. | 我真和怀亚特去欧洲也说不定 |
[38:02] | Just to spite Mat. | 杀杀麦特的威风 |
[38:04] | Or you could just go by yourself. | 要么你就自己去欧洲 |
[38:07] | Not play games. | 别再玩弄别人的感情了 |
[38:08] | Okay, are you mad at me? | 你在生我的气吗 |
[38:10] | No. | 没有 |
[38:11] | Cause you have been throwing shit at me all night. | 一晚上你都不给我好脸色看 |
[38:14] | This– | 这 |
[38:15] | This isn’t high school anymore… | 这已经不是高中了 |
[38:18] | and you don’t have to shock everyone | 你不用宣布自己得了寄生病 |
[38:20] | by announcing that you’ve got crabs. | 来吸引大家的注意 |
[38:22] | Had crabs. | 得过寄生病 |
[38:25] | I missed you, too. | 我也想你了 |
[38:28] | Look… I’m not trying to play games. | 我也不想玩弄感情 |
[38:31] | It’s just– | 只是 |
[38:33] | I don’t know, Brandon’s getting married | 我也不知道 布兰登要结婚了 |
[38:35] | and I just… | 我只是 |
[38:37] | I thought that would be me and Mat one day. | 本以为我和麦特也会有这一天 |
[38:39] | It just kinda hurts. | 有点心痛 |
[38:45] | Well, yeah. | 那肯定 |
[38:47] | Of course it hurts. | 当然会心痛 |
[38:49] | We all think that we’re gonna end up | 我们都曾以为自己会 |
[38:51] | with our first love. | 和初恋厮守终生 |
[38:56] | You know, I just realized… | 我才意识到 |
[38:59] | your first love is getting married this week. | 你的初恋这周就要结婚了 |
[39:02] | Is that weird at all? | 不会尴尬吗 |
[39:06] | Well, I have loved Brandon, | 我爱过布兰登 |
[39:08] | as my brother lot longer | 在我爱上他之前 |
[39:10] | than… I loved him | 我和他的兄妹之情 |
[39:12] | as more than that. | 要比爱情更久 |
[39:19] | I guess, yeah, maybe a little. | 但确实 有点尴尬 |