时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | In the ’80s, a defining moment | 八十年代 对所有青春期的男生来说 |
[00:03] | for every teenage boys was seeing “The Karate Kid”. | 一个关键性时刻 就是看《空手道小子》 |
[00:06] | It kicked and punched and swept the | 这部电影在我们的心上拳打脚踢 |
[00:08] | leg of our hearts. | 再加个扫堂腿 |
[00:09] | No one loved it more than my brother Barry. | 没人比我哥巴瑞更爱这部电影 |
[00:16] | Come at me! | 上吧 |
[00:17] | High block! Cobra strike! | 上截 蛇形 |
[00:20] | Fake left, go right. Ninja roll! | 向左虚晃 向右 忍者打滚 |
[00:23] | It’s okay. I’m okay. | 没事 我没事 |
[00:25] | Now throw a chop! | 现在来个掌劈 |
[00:27] | I block that chop! | 我截住了掌劈 |
[00:28] | I retaliate! High kick! Fist of fury! | 回击 高踢 愤怒之拳 |
[00:32] | Death blow! | 致命一击 |
[00:34] | Hmm, you know, I was thinking– | 我在想 |
[00:36] | It might be better if you didn’t call out your moves first. | 你不把招数先说出来会好些吧 |
[00:38] | That’s a great idea. | 好主意 |
[00:39] | Sneak attack! | 偷袭 |
[00:40] | Sure, my big bro had an inflated sense of skill, | 当然 我哥自认为技艺高超 |
[00:43] | but in my house, my mother was the one who did the inflating. | 但在我家 把他吹上天的是我妈 |
[00:46] | She wore something we called “mom goggles.” | 她戴着我们所谓的”母亲护目镜” |
[00:48] | They made everything we did | 这让她觉得我们做的事 |
[00:49] | not just good, but spectacular. | 不是好 而是好到爆 |
[00:51] | Oh, look at you, my little kung fu master! | 瞧你 我的小功夫大师 |
[00:54] | It’s not kung fu. Stop! | 这不是功夫 停下 |
[00:56] | I do kara-te. | 这是空手道 |
[00:57] | Bilingual and dangerous? | 功夫加上空手道 而且好危险 |
[00:59] | Oh, you are just off-the-charts amazing, honey. | 你真是太厉害了 宝贝 |
[01:02] | Most kids ignore their mom’s high praise… | 大多数孩子会无视母亲的表扬 |
[01:04] | But Barry wasn’t most kids. | 但巴瑞不是大多数孩子 |
[01:06] | He really believed the hype. | 他真的相信老妈那些天花乱坠的话 |
[01:09] | Unfortunately, that confidence did not translate | 遗憾的是 面对女生时 他的自信 |
[01:11] | to his moves with the ladies. | 无法变为行动 |
[01:13] | Hi? | 你好 |
[01:14] | Yo. | 好啊 |
[01:16] | Locker strike! | 横劈储物柜 |
[01:18] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[01:19] | I’m fine. My hands are like rocks. | 我很好 我的手像石头一样坚硬 |
[01:22] | But they’re soft, too. And gentle. | 但同时很柔软 又温柔 |
[01:25] | Like baby ducks. | 像鸭宝宝一样 |
[01:26] | – Weird. – All right, kids! | -怪人 -好了 孩子们 |
[01:28] | That time of year again. | 又到了这个时候了 |
[01:29] | Holiday talent show. Eh? | 假日才艺表演 怎么样 |
[01:33] | Nobody? | 有人吗 |
[01:33] | Oh, my god, I love the talent show. | 老天 我爱死才艺表演了 |
[01:36] | Oh, do ya now? | 是真的吗 |
[01:40] | Do ya now? | 是真的吗 |
[01:42] | Weird. | 怪人 |
[01:44] | You’re great. | 你真好 |
[01:45] | See ya later. | 回头见 |
[01:48] | Barry had a plan in motion, | 巴瑞有了计划 |
[01:50] | and that night, he put it into action. | 当晚 他实施了计划 |
[01:53] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[01:55] | Glad you could all make it tonight. | 很高兴大家今晚都在 |
[01:57] | – What–what is this? – Big announcement. | -什么意思 -重大消息要宣布 |
[01:59] | I’ve decided to do a kara-teroutine | 我决定在学校的才艺表演上 |
[02:01] | at the school talent show. | 来一段空手道 |
[02:02] | Auditions are tomorrow. | 面试在明天 |
[02:03] | Now I don’t want to make too big a deal out of this, | 我不想说得太过夸张 |
[02:06] | but I do believe it will be the greatest moment | 但我相信 这将是有史以来 |
[02:08] | in the history of everything. | 最伟大的时刻 |
[02:10] | Oh, my goodness! What a wonderful idea! | 我的天 这主意太棒了 |
[02:12] | Murray, isn’t this a wonderful idea? | 默里 这是不是非常棒的主意 |
[02:14] | If I say yes, can I be out of the conversation? | 如果我同意 是否能不再发表意见了 |
[02:17] | What about you, Erica? | 那你呢 爱丽卡 |
[02:19] | You should absolutely do this talent thing. | 你一定得去参加这个才艺表演 |
[02:22] | I’ve heard you singing Pat Benetton in the shower. | 我听到你在冲澡时唱佩特·贝纳通的歌 |
[02:25] | Don’t worry, guys. I’ll be at the talent show– | 放心吧 我会去参加才艺表演的 |
[02:27] | In the front row. | 坐在第一排 |
[02:28] | ‘Cause my friends and I always go for a good laugh. | 因为我和朋友们总是喜欢大笑一场 |
[02:30] | Go ahead! Bring all your hot friends. | 去吧 带上你所有的漂亮朋友 |
[02:33] | I’ll wow ’em with my moves. | 我会用绝招让她们高声喝彩的 |
[02:34] | Now, Adam, chuck a dinner roll at my face. | 亚当 冲我的脸上扔个餐包 |
[02:36] | Watch me deflect it. Come on. | 看着我把它劈开 来吧 |
[02:39] | No. No. Not like that. Gentle. | 不 不是这样 温柔一点 |
[02:42] | And don’t hit me in the face if you can– | 别打我的脸 如果你可以… |
[02:44] | – No–what are doing?! – Gently. | -不 你在做什么 -温柔些 |
[02:45] | – Let me get ready, okay? Come on. – Stop it! | -让我准备好 来吧 -住手 |
[02:49] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[02:50] | – What the hell? – Like lightning! I’m like lightning! | -搞什么 -像闪电一样 我爱闪电 |
[02:51] | I knew you could do it! I knew you could do it! | 我知道你可以的 我知道你可以的 |
[03:07] | It was December 9th, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的12月9日 |
[03:09] | and Barry’s holiday cheer was nowhere in sight. | 巴瑞的假日好心情完全不见踪影 |
[03:16] | What’s the point of anything?! | 这一切有什么意义 |
[03:17] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down. What’s wrong? | 冷静 慢着 出什么事了 |
[03:19] | – I didn’t get into the talent show. – I don’t understand. | -才艺表演不要我 -我不明白 |
[03:21] | – They rejected me. – That literally makes no sense. | -他们拒绝了我 -完全没道理 |
[03:23] | Everyone who auditioned got in but me. | 面试的人 除了我全选上了 |
[03:26] | I hear what you’re saying, | 我听到你的话了 |
[03:27] | but I cannot wrap my mind around that. | 但我完全没听明白 |
[03:28] | Mr. Glascott said my routine was too inappropriate. | 格拉斯科特老师说我的表演太不合适了 |
[03:31] | How is being a perfect kara-te angel inappropriate? | 做一个完美的空手道天使是怎么不合适了 |
[03:35] | Barry! Okay, I have been thinking. | 巴瑞 我想过了 |
[03:38] | Your kara-te routine– | 你的空手道表演 |
[03:39] | It needs a professional director. | 需要专业的导演 |
[03:41] | That’s me! A big idea guy. | 就是我 创意无限的人 |
[03:43] | Plus, I’ve seen a million karate movies. | 而且 我看过太多空手道电影了 |
[03:46] | Are you crying? | 你在哭吗 |
[03:47] | No. No! | 没有 没有 |
[03:50] | They’re warrior’s tears, and it doesn’t matter! | 这是勇士的眼泪 没关系了 |
[03:52] | The school said no! | 学校说不行 |
[03:53] | I’ll never cobra strike again! | 我永远不会出蛇形了 |
[03:56] | This isn’t fair! | 真不公平 |
[03:57] | At that moment, there was only one thing | 在那一刻 我妈妈的脑子里 |
[03:59] | running through my mom’s mind. | 只有一个主意 |
[04:02] | No one tells my baby he can’t cobra strike. | 没人有资格告诉我的宝贝 他不能出蛇形 |
[04:09] | Mr. Glascott! | 格拉斯科特老师 |
[04:11] | I need to speak to you immediately. | 我需要现在和你谈谈 |
[04:12] | Oh, I’m sorry. I have an important morning meeting | 不好意思 我和数学俱乐部的孩子 |
[04:15] | with the kids from the math club. | 有个重要的早会 |
[04:16] | The nerds can wait. | 书呆子可以等等 |
[04:17] | My son–Barry Goldberg–cannot. | 我儿子巴瑞·金伯格等不了 |
[04:20] | Are you… Beverly Goldberg? | 你是 贝弗莉·金伯格吗 |
[04:23] | Oh, yes, I am. | 正是在下 |
[04:24] | Tell me, what kind of educator | 告诉我 什么样的教育工作者 |
[04:26] | stomps on the dreams of his students? | 会践踏学生的梦想 |
[04:29] | Look, Barry’s a good kid, | 巴瑞是个好孩子 |
[04:31] | which is kinda why I discouraged him | 所以我才劝他不要 |
[04:33] | from taking part in the show. | 参加才艺表演 |
[04:35] | See, some of the more high-profile students here | 这里有些万千宠爱在一身的学生 |
[04:37] | can be very critical, if you follow me. | 是非常苛刻的 你懂吧 |
[04:41] | I really don’t. | 真不懂 |
[04:42] | The popular kids here are real douche-sacks. | 这里出风头的孩子都是混蛋 |
[04:45] | Last year, one kid did a lovely ventriloquist act. | 去年 有个孩子表演了一段不错的腹语 |
[04:49] | The kids–well, they did unspeakable things | 那些孩子 他们在表演后对腹语木偶 |
[04:52] | to that doll after the show. | 做了些我说不出口的事 |
[04:53] | Quite frankly, it was very jarring. | 说实话 非常的过分 |
[04:56] | And Barry’s karate is really ripe | 巴瑞的空手道表演 |
[04:58] | for that type of ridicule. | 正是他们嘲弄的对象 |
[05:00] | Uh, this is high school, not “Star Search.” | 这里是高中 不是《搜寻明日之星》 |
[05:03] | I mean, who died and made you Ed Mcmahon? | 谁死了你才坐上麦克马洪的位置 |
[05:04] | Mr. Johansson. Our gym teacher. | 约翰逊老师 我们的体育老师 |
[05:07] | He died. | 他去世了 |
[05:08] | Yeah, it doesn’t matter. Barry is doing that show. | 这不重要 巴瑞要上表演 |
[05:11] | I will go to the top on this. | 我会不计一切代价 |
[05:12] | I’ll petition the principal, the school board, | 我会向校长请愿 还有学校董事会 |
[05:15] | the superintendent, the mayor’s office, | 监管人 市长办公室 |
[05:17] | the U.S. Secretary of education if I have to. | 万不得已 教育部部长 |
[05:21] | So what’s it gonna be, Andre? | 怎么样 安德鲁 |
[05:23] | You know my name. | 你知道我的名字 |
[05:25] | I know everything. | 我什么都知道 |
[05:27] | I got into the talent show! | 我被选上参加才艺表演了 |
[05:29] | That’s good news, and very surprising to me. | 好消息 我好意外 |
[05:32] | Mr. Glascott said the tri-state talent show committee | 格拉斯科特老师说三州才艺表演委员会 |
[05:34] | met and ruled that kara-te is an art form. | 开会裁决空手道是一种艺术形式 |
[05:38] | Wow, the tri-state talent show committee met. | 三州才艺表演委员会会议 |
[05:41] | You know, that’s almost unbelievable! | 几乎令人无法相信啊 |
[05:44] | Well, it happened, so let’s just move on. | 这是事实 别再纠结了 |
[05:46] | Oh, man, we’re back in business! | 我们又回来了 |
[05:48] | Let’s get to work! | 快做正经事 |
[05:49] | I’ll go get my nunchucks and firecrackers. | 我去拿双节棍和爆竹 |
[05:51] | No firecrackers! | 不准用爆竹 |
[05:53] | So… You threatened a teacher? | 这么说 你威胁了一位老师 |
[05:56] | Please. I just gently suggested | 拜托 我只是客气地建议 |
[05:58] | that he do what I say, | 他照我说的做 |
[05:59] | or there’d be dire consequences. | 否则会有可怕的后果 |
[06:01] | Why is it you go trotting down to the school | 为什么每次咱家孩子在学校不顺心 |
[06:03] | and yell at somebody every time one of our kids | 你就要杀到学校去 |
[06:05] | doesn’t get their way? | 把某人吼一顿 |
[06:06] | I’m involved. That’s a good thing. | 我关心他们的成长 这是好事 |
[06:08] | – You are out of control! – I had no choice, Murray. | -你失控了 -我别无选择 默里 |
[06:11] | Have you even seen Barry do kara-te? | 你见过巴瑞玩空手道吗 |
[06:14] | It’s like a beautiful ballet, | 就像是美丽的芭蕾 |
[06:16] | but with punching and grunting and rolling around. | 只是途中不断出拳咕噜 还有滚来滚去 |
[06:19] | He quit after eight lessons | 上了八堂课他就退出了 |
[06:21] | because he didn’t want to bike the six blocks to get there. | 因为他不想骑自行车去六条街外的教室 |
[06:24] | It hardly makes him Chuck Norris. | 这算是哪门子的查克·诺里斯[世界空手道冠军] |
[06:26] | – Oh, really? Barry, get in here. – What? | -是吗 巴瑞 过来 -什么事 |
[06:29] | Your father would like a sneak peek | 你父亲想在表演之前 |
[06:30] | of your routine before the big show. | 先睹为快 |
[06:32] | Adam, get the firecrackers. | 亚当 去拿爆竹 |
[06:33] | – No firecrackers! – No firecrackers. | -不准用爆竹 -不用爆竹 |
[06:41] | Dragon stance! Kee-ya! | 龙形身法 咿呀 |
[06:44] | Tiger claw! Kee-ya! | 虎爪 咿呀 |
[06:46] | Sumo tomahawk chop! | 相扑战斧砍 |
[06:48] | Kee-ya! | 咿呀 |
[06:49] | Assistant. Present weaponry. | 助手 呈上兵器 |
[06:52] | Nunchucks! | 双节棍 |
[06:54] | Nunchucks. | 双节棍 |
[06:58] | That’s okay. I’m okay. | 没事 我没事 |
[07:01] | Bo staff! | 金箍棒 |
[07:04] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:08] | And now… | 现在 |
[07:09] | The most deadly weapon of ’em all–my hands. | 最致命的武器 我的双拳 |
[07:14] | Oh, no! A robber! | 不好 打劫 |
[07:16] | Don’t worry, Kelly Lebrock, I’ll save you! | 别担心 凯莉·勒布洛克 我来救你 |
[07:20] | No–oh– don’t! | 不 不是这样 |
[07:21] | You’re not supposed to hit me. | 你不应该打我 |
[07:22] | Disarm! Adam! | 放下武器 亚当 |
[07:24] | Jeez, you’re supposed to disarm. | 老天 你应该放下武器 |
[07:25] | You’re supposed to let go! | 你应该放手 |
[07:29] | He has been disarmed! | 他已经被解除武器了 |
[07:31] | And now… The big finish. | 现在 压轴戏 |
[07:48] | Damn! | 该死 |
[07:50] | That’ll break during the show. | 在表演时会碎的 |
[07:52] | That was the greatest thing | 我这辈子从来没见过 |
[07:54] | my eyeballs have ever, ever seen! | 这么精彩的表演 |
[07:58] | – Do you want me to go again? – Yes! | -要我再来一次吗 -太好了 |
[07:59] | We’re going again! | 我们再来一遍 |
[08:01] | Turns out, not everyone had mom goggles. | 原来 不是所有父母都戴着”母亲护目镜”的 |
[08:04] | Do it again! Do it again! | 再来一遍 再来一遍 |
[08:07] | The talent show was the furthest thing | 爱丽卡完全不关心 |
[08:08] | from Erica’s mind, but Pops was hoping to change that. | 才艺表演 但老爷子希望改变这点 |
[08:13] | Hey, kiddo, mind if I sit down? | 孩子 不介意我坐一会儿吧 |
[08:14] | I know what you’re gonna say, | 我知道你要说什么 |
[08:16] | and I’m not doing the talent show. | 我不会参加才艺表演的 |
[08:17] | That’s not why I’m here. | 我不是为这个来的 |
[08:19] | I came to… Borrow this magazine. | 我是来 借杂志的 |
[08:22] | “Eight ways to catch a hunk.” | 追猛男的八招 |
[08:25] | What is this garbage? | 这是什么垃圾 |
[08:27] | But since you brought it up– | 既然你自己说了 |
[08:28] | Pops, forget it! | 老爷子 算了吧 |
[08:30] | Doing the talent show is social suicide. | 参加才艺表演 无异于社交自杀 |
[08:32] | I might as well go up on stage | 我还不如走上舞台 |
[08:34] | with a sign that says, “I have lice.” | 拿着块写着”我有虱子”的牌子 |
[08:36] | That doesn’t sound like much of an act. | 这种表演可不行 |
[08:38] | Come on, you have an amazing voice, | 你有一副好嗓子 |
[08:41] | a-and you’re terrific on the guitar. | 你弹得一手好吉他 |
[08:43] | You got to play the guitar. | 你得弹奏吉他 |
[08:45] | Can’t. Sold it. | 没办法 卖了 |
[08:46] | What?! You loved that guitar. | 什么 你很喜欢那把吉他 |
[08:48] | And now I love my leather jacket. | 现在我很喜欢我的皮外套 |
[08:51] | That is very angering. | 这话让人恼火 |
[08:53] | Look, I appreciate you believing in me | 我很感谢你这么相信我 |
[08:55] | and all that crap, but there’s no chance | 什么什么的 但让我参加才艺表演 |
[08:57] | I’m gonna do the talent show. | 绝对没机会 |
[08:58] | Oh, there’s a chance, | 有机会的 |
[08:59] | ‘Cause I’m gonna get you to do it. | 因为我会让你参加的 |
[09:02] | Uh, not gonna happen! | 不可能的 |
[09:04] | We’ll see! | 走着瞧 |
[09:06] | Waste of time! | 浪费时间 |
[09:07] | Can’t hear you! | 听不到啦 |
[09:12] | Good morning, Bar. Nice karate pajamas. | 早上好 小巴 这身空手道睡衣真不错 |
[09:15] | It’s called a gi. | 这个叫空手道服 |
[09:17] | You need to educate yourself, man. See more movies. | 你得受点教育了 多看些电影吧 |
[09:19] | Listen, I know your mom loves this whole Hong Kong fooey act, | 我知道你妈妈喜欢这套香港的咿咿呀呀 |
[09:22] | but… Haven’t you considered doing something else? | 但是 你有没有考虑过做点别的 |
[09:25] | – Why would I ever do that? – Because you’re Barry Goldberg, | -我为什么要这样 -因为你是巴瑞·金伯格 |
[09:27] | a man of many different talents. | 有许多不同才艺的人 |
[09:29] | It’s true. I am great at a lot of stuff. | 这倒是真的 我擅长的事多了 |
[09:32] | Skateboarding, rapping, breakdancing. | 滑板 饶舌 霹雳舞 |
[09:34] | A little… | 再来点 |
[09:36] | Pop-and-lock action. | 街舞 |
[09:39] | Why are we even having this conversation? | 我们为什么要说这个 |
[09:41] | I’m going kara-te. | 我要表演空手道 |
[09:42] | The committee ruled in my favor. | 委员会的裁决对我有利 |
[09:44] | Barry, you can’t do this act. I speak from experience. | 巴瑞 你不能表演这个 我是过来人 |
[09:47] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[09:49] | When I was your age, | 我在你这么大的时候 |
[09:50] | I was the funniest guy on the football team. | 我是橄榄球队中最搞笑的人 |
[09:52] | Funny? Since when are you funny? | 搞笑 你什么时候搞笑过 |
[09:54] | I’m plenty funny, okay? | 我相当搞笑 |
[09:56] | I was hilarious. | 我是个开心果 |
[09:57] | I used to tell dirty jokes, | 我喜欢讲黄段子 |
[09:59] | I’d snap guys with a towel. | 我用毛巾拍队友屁屁 |
[10:01] | I gave everybody a nickname, | 我给所有人取绰号 |
[10:03] | like, uh, pretty boy and shorty. | 比如说 小白脸和小个子 |
[10:06] | Those are terrible nicknames. | 这些绰号太糟糕了 |
[10:07] | Shorty wasn’t short. | 小个子长得并不矮 |
[10:10] | As a matter of fact, he was a giant. | 事实上 他非常高 |
[10:12] | Oh, my god. Had a gland problem. | 我的天 腺体出了问题 |
[10:15] | Actually sad stuff. | 挺让人伤心的 |
[10:16] | – What’s the point to this? – The point is, | -你想说什么 -我想说 |
[10:18] | the coach said, “Murray, you’re a card. | 教练说 默里 你是个人物 |
[10:20] | Why don’t you host the pep rally?” | 去主持赛前动员大会吧 |
[10:22] | So I did. | 我去了 |
[10:23] | I get up there, I realize | 我上台后 意识到 |
[10:25] | I’ve only got one minute of material. | 我只能讲上一分钟 |
[10:27] | One minute! | 一分钟 |
[10:29] | I bombed in front of the whole school. | 我在全校面前傻眼了 |
[10:32] | – They threw peaches at me. – Why’d they have peaches? | -他们冲我扔桃子 -他们为什么有桃子 |
[10:34] | I don’t know! They weren’t even in season! | 不知道 当时根本不是桃子上市的季节 |
[10:36] | All I know is, I don’t want you to go through | 我只知道 我不想你经历 |
[10:40] | what I went through. | 我经历的这一切 |
[10:42] | Please don’t do your act. I’m begging you! | 请别表演 我求你了 |
[10:45] | So you think I’m gonna suck? | 这么说你觉得我的表演会砸 |
[10:47] | No, son. | 不是 儿子 |
[10:49] | I know you’re going to suck. | 我知道你会砸 |
[10:52] | Well, I got news for you. | 我有话告诉你 |
[10:54] | The audience won’t throw peaches. | 观众不会扔桃子 |
[10:55] | They’ll throw flowers. | 他们会扔鲜花 |
[10:57] | And cheers! And boobs! | 喝彩 咪咪 |
[10:59] | Naked boobs! Everywhere! | 赤裸裸的咪咪 到处都是 |
[11:01] | Just you watch. Watch! | 你走着瞧 走着瞧 |
[11:05] | Boobs! Naked! | 咪咪 赤裸裸的咪咪 |
[11:07] | In that moment, my dad realized | 在那一刻 我爸意识到 |
[11:09] | he only had one way to protect Barry. | 他只有一个办法来保护巴瑞 |
[11:11] | He was gonna stand up for his son | 他要通过阻止他 |
[11:13] | by standing in his way. | 来支持他 |
[11:14] | Mr. Glascott? | 格拉斯科特老师吗 |
[11:16] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[11:18] | – I’m out again! – What?! | -我又被刷下来了 -什么 |
[11:20] | Mr. Glascott said the natial talent show committee | 格拉斯科特老师说 国家才艺表演委员会 |
[11:23] | overruled the tri-state talent show committee. | 推翻了三州才艺表演委员会的裁决 |
[11:25] | Well, this is very surprising | 这真是令人惊讶 |
[11:27] | and unacceptable, but they have made their ruling, | 无法接受 但他们已经裁决了 |
[11:31] | and I believe we should honor it. | 我相信我们应该尊重他们的决定 |
[11:33] | The talent show committee system in this country’s broken! | 这个国家的才艺表演委员会制度已经没救了 |
[11:38] | National committee, huh? | 国家委员会 |
[11:40] | Well, it’s more powerful than the tri-state committee. | 它的权力比三州委员会大 |
[11:42] | – What can I say? – This is unbelievable. | -我能怎么说 -难以置信 |
[11:44] | You trotted down to that school | 你对我的行为指手画脚一番后 |
[11:46] | after being so judgy with me about it? | 自己又杀到了学校吗 |
[11:48] | Hey, I’m just being an involved parent. | 我只是做个关心孩子成长的家长 |
[11:50] | You told me that was a good thing. | 你告诉我 这是好事 |
[11:52] | Not when you do it. You got your own son | 你做就是坏事 你让自己的儿子 |
[11:54] | kicked out of a talent show. Who does that? | 被踢出了才艺表演 谁会这样做啊 |
[11:57] | Look, I’m doing the kid a favor | 我这是为了孩子好 |
[11:59] | by not wearing mom goggles all the time. | 我没有一直戴着”母亲护目镜” |
[12:01] | – Mom what? – Goggles! | -母亲什么 -护目镜 |
[12:02] | We all know you wear ’em! | 我们都知道你一直戴着 |
[12:04] | It makes you think our kids are so brilliant | 这让你觉得咱家的孩子好聪明 |
[12:06] | and perfect and poop rainbows. | 好完美 拉的屎都是彩虹色的 |
[12:08] | For once, just take those mom goggles off | 哪怕一次 拜托你取下”母亲护目镜” |
[12:10] | and admit that our wonderful children | 承认咱们的能干孩子们 |
[12:12] | are terrible at so many different things. | 在许多事上都是不行的 |
[12:15] | I will not. | 我不会 |
[12:16] | They’re gonna have plenty of people | 他们这辈子 |
[12:18] | trying to tear them down in life, | 会有许多人想要打击他们 |
[12:19] | so while they’re under my roof, | 只要他们还在我的屋檐下 |
[12:21] | the least I can do is try to build them up. | 我至少能做的就是帮他们建立自信 |
[12:24] | Accept our children’s mediocrity! | 接受咱们孩子是庸才的事实吧 |
[12:26] | It’s freeing! | 这是种解脱 |
[12:28] | Seriously? I’m right here! | 你不是吧 当我不存在吗 |
[12:30] | Oh, not–not you. You’re fantastic. | 不是说你 你棒极了 |
[12:33] | Yeah, you’re a real gem yourself. | 是啊 你自己也是个活宝 |
[12:36] | As the talent show drew near, | 随着才艺表演的临近 |
[12:38] | Pops thought it was time to pull out his secret weapon. | 老爷子觉得是时候拿出秘密武器了 |
[12:51] | Hello. I… | 你好 我 |
[12:52] | I didn’t realize you were here. | 我不知道你在这里 |
[12:55] | Me, I’m just sitting here, | 我只是坐在这里 |
[12:57] | relaxing, strumming the old banjo. | 休息下 弹奏下班卓琴 |
[13:00] | You’re wasting your strums. | 你弹了也白弹 |
[13:02] | Am I? Or is it time to do that duet | 是吗 还是说是时候温习下 |
[13:05] | we used to do? | 以前的二重唱 |
[13:07] | Won’t you come home, Bill Bailey? | 你不回家吗 比尔·贝莉 |
[13:10] | Pops. Pops! | 老爷子 老爷子 |
[13:11] | I’m not doing the talent show. | 我不会参加才艺表演的 |
[13:13] | Come on! Do this show! | 求你了 参加吧 |
[13:15] | You can even borrow my banjo. | 我甚至可以把班卓琴借给你 |
[13:17] | Don’t take this the wrong way, | 别误会 |
[13:18] | but toting a banjo up on stage | 但在舞台上拿着把班卓琴 |
[13:20] | isn’t exactly what you’d call cool. | 可不能算作酷 |
[13:22] | Since when is the banjo not cool? | 什么时候开始班卓琴都不算酷了 |
[13:25] | Since the invention of the banjo. | 从班卓琴被发明开始 |
[13:27] | Erica, when you were younger, you used to do everything– | 爱丽卡 你小的时候 什么都参加 |
[13:30] | Volleyball, gymnastics, school chorus. | 排球 体操 校合唱团 |
[13:33] | What happened to you? | 你这是怎么啦 |
[13:34] | Well, I go to high school, where people judge you. | 我上高中了 这里会有人对你指手画脚 |
[13:38] | Well, if you don’t think the banjo’s cool, | 如果你觉得班卓琴不算酷 |
[13:40] | I can always break out the accordion. | 我还可以拿手风琴 |
[13:43] | Turns out Pops wasn’t the only one | 结果 老爷子不是唯一一个 |
[13:45] | still trying to get a Goldberg into the talent show. | 想让金伯格家的孩子上才艺表演的 |
[13:50] | Or out of the talent show. | 或是被踢出才艺表演 |
[13:53] | Get out of the way, idiot! | 别挡道 白痴 |
[13:54] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里做什么 |
[13:55] | Stopping you from doing what you’re doing! | 阻止你做你要做的事 |
[13:58] | The only thing I’m here to do is… | 我来这里唯一要做的是 |
[14:01] | Fake left, go right. | 向左虚晃 向右 |
[14:03] | But isn’t it your responsibility | 鼓励有才艺的学生 |
[14:05] | – to encourage talented students– – Dad?! | -不是你的责任吗 -爸 |
[14:09] | Oh, hey. I-I was just talking to Mr. Glascott here | 我只是跟格拉斯科特老师说 |
[14:12] | about putting Erica into the talent show. | 让爱丽卡参加才艺表演 |
[14:14] | I can’t take this anymore. | 我受不了了 |
[14:16] | You want your kids in, they’re in. | 你们想要孩子参加 他们能参加 |
[14:18] | Oh, great! Which one? | 太棒了 哪一个孩子 |
[14:20] | I don’t know. Both of them? None of them? | 我不知道 两个都参加 都不参加 |
[14:22] | I really don’t care! I mean, | 我真的不在乎 |
[14:24] | it’s a stupid freakin’ high school talent show! | 这只是一个愚蠢的高中才艺表演 |
[14:27] | I had one moment of weakness | 我一时心软 |
[14:28] | where I tried to do something kind for your son. | 想帮你们的儿子一把 |
[14:31] | I apologize! | 我道歉 |
[14:33] | All I care about now | 现在我只关心 |
[14:34] | is that I owe 20 grand in student loans, | 我还欠着两万的学生贷款 |
[14:36] | I live in a studio apartment | 我住的是一个小单间 |
[14:38] | above a steaming hot dry cleaner, | 下面是一个热烘烘的干洗店 |
[14:40] | and I have a second job where I work as a pizza man, | 我的副业是送披萨 |
[14:43] | and occasionally I get to deliver pizzas | 偶尔我还送披萨 |
[14:45] | to my students. | 到学生家里 |
[14:46] | Oh, also I have a parrot that I can’t get rid of. | 而且我还有一只甩不掉的鹦鹉 |
[14:49] | They live for 80 years. Did you know that? | 鹦鹉能活80年 你们知道吗 |
[14:51] | Nobody tells you about that. | 没人告诉你这个 |
[14:53] | You have to put them in your will! | 你得把它们写进遗嘱 |
[14:54] | It’s a nightmare! | 真是噩梦 |
[14:56] | So, yeah, do whatever you want to do, | 你们想怎样都行 |
[14:58] | ‘Cause I really don’t care! | 因为我真的不在乎 |
[15:01] | That made me hungry for pizza. | 我想吃披萨了 |
[15:02] | Who wants pizza? | 谁要吃披萨 |
[15:05] | All right, we’ve gathered you here | 叫你们来 |
[15:08] | because we’ve got some great news. | 是因为我们有好消息 |
[15:10] | There’s been some movement on the talent show. | 才艺表演有变化 |
[15:12] | Again? This has been an emotional roller coaster. | 又来 嫌我们大悲大喜还不够吗 |
[15:16] | Turns out Barry can do the show! | 原来 巴瑞可以参加表演 |
[15:18] | Or not, if you don’t want to. | 你不想的话 可以不去 |
[15:20] | What are you talking about? | 说什么呢 |
[15:22] | The national talent show committee already ruled. | 国家才艺表演委员会已经裁决了 |
[15:24] | It’s binding. | 这是有法律约束力的 |
[15:25] | Actually, um… | 事实上 |
[15:27] | – We’re the committees. – What? | -我们就是委员会 -什么 |
[15:29] | Your mother took it upon herself | 你母亲自作主张 |
[15:32] | to trot on down to the high school | 在你没被选上参加才艺表演时 |
[15:34] | and yell at Mr. Glascott | 杀到学校 |
[15:35] | – when you didn’t get into the talent show. – What?! | -吼了格拉斯科特老师一顿 -什么 |
[15:38] | Your father trotted, too. | 你父亲也杀去了 |
[15:40] | At least I was trying to get him into the show. | 至少我是想让他参加表演 |
[15:42] | Unbelievable! Why is anyone trotting anywhere?! | 难以置信 为什么大家都要杀到哪里去 |
[15:44] | The silver lining? Erica’s in the show, too. | 一线光明就是 爱丽卡也可以参加表演 |
[15:47] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[15:48] | I talked to Mr. Glascott. Troubled man. | 我跟格拉斯科特老师谈过了 他问题多多 |
[15:51] | But I told him all about you. | 但我跟他说了你的事 |
[15:53] | Well, you can tell him something else. | 你跟他说点别的吧 |
[15:54] | I’m not doing that show. | 我不会参加表演的 |
[15:56] | Me, too! | 我也不会 |
[15:58] | ‘Cause mom meddled, I’m not doing that show anymore! | 因为妈妈插手了 我不会再参加表演了 |
[16:01] | And ’cause dad doesn’t believe in me, | 因为爸爸不相信我 |
[16:03] | I’m gonna prove you wrong, and I’m gonna do the show. | 我要证明你错了 我会参加表演 |
[16:08] | Wait. Wh-which one is it? | 等等 你到底参不参加 |
[16:09] | I don’t know! | 我不知道 |
[16:10] | I’m just so angry at both of you. | 我太生你们两个的气了 |
[16:12] | I really think you should do it. | 我真的觉得你应该参加 |
[16:14] | All right. I spoke with Adam. | 好吧 我和亚当谈过了 |
[16:16] | This thing matters a lot to a lot of people. | 这事对许多人来说太重要了 |
[16:18] | I’m back in. | 我会参加 |
[16:20] | The talent show was back on, | 才艺表演又提上了日程 |
[16:22] | and so was my directorial debut! | 我的导演作品初登场也一样 |
[16:26] | It was only the opening act | 威廉·佩恩高中的 |
[16:28] | of the William Penn Academy holiday talent show, | 假日才艺表演才开始第一个节目 |
[16:30] | and Barry was already getting cold feet. | 巴瑞就已经怯场了 |
[16:35] | They’re really good. | 他们好厉害 |
[16:36] | It’s gonna be a tough act to follow. | 想要媲美太难了 |
[16:38] | What are you worried about? You got a black belt. | 你担心什么 你有黑带 |
[16:40] | That I took from dad’s bathrobe! | 这是从老爸的浴袍上拿下来的 |
[16:48] | Dorks! | 呆子 |
[16:49] | In that moment, Barry realized | 那一刻 巴瑞明白了 |
[16:51] | the reason why Lexy Bloom loved the talent show. | 为什么拉克茜·布鲁姆喜欢看才艺表演 |
[16:54] | Like the rest of the cool crowd, | 和其他那些酷孩子一样 |
[16:55] | she could bag on all the idiots on stage. | 她可以嘲笑舞台上的所有白痴 |
[16:57] | – I can’t go out there! – What?! | -我不能上舞台 -什么 |
[16:59] | I can’t do it! Dad was right. | 我做不到 爸爸说得对 |
[17:01] | I’m gonna humiliate myself. | 我只会让自己丢脸 |
[17:03] | They’re gonna throw peaches at me! | 他们会冲我扔桃子的 |
[17:05] | Peaches? Who has peaches? What are you talking about? | 桃子 谁有桃子 你说什么呢 |
[17:07] | I can’t do it! | 我做不到 |
[17:12] | Despite Pops’ best efforts, | 尽管老爷子做了最大的努力 |
[17:13] | Erica decided to not even go to the talent show. | 爱丽卡却连才艺表演都没去 |
[17:16] | But our grandfather had one more card to play. | 但咱们的外公 还有一张王牌 |
[17:28] | And that was our second-to-last act, | 这是倒数第二个节目 |
[17:30] | Ellen Mcrae juggling! | 埃伦·麦克雷表演杂耍 |
[17:31] | All right, karate kid, you’re up next. | 好了 空手道小子 下一个到你 |
[17:33] | I can’t go out there. | 我不能出去 |
[17:34] | What are you talking about? You’re our closer. | 说什么呢 你是压轴节目 |
[17:35] | We gotta have a closer. | 得有压轴节目才行 |
[17:37] | Or I could just end it. | 或者我直接宣布结束也行 |
[17:38] | Well, I’m out. | 我不参加了 |
[17:39] | I’m in. | 我参加 |
[17:41] | My grandfather said you might have a spot open for me. | 我外公说也许我能上场 |
[17:43] | Well, seeing as I don’t care at all, yes. | 既然我完全不在乎 是的 |
[17:49] | One of the Goldbergs. | 金伯格家的 |
[18:01] | So, um… | 那么 |
[18:03] | This is a song I sing in the shower. | 这是我冲澡时喜欢唱的歌 |
[18:08] | Just get it over with, I guess. | 快点唱完了事吧 |
[18:15] | Oh, you’re a real tough cookie with the long history | 你是个无情的人 有着不羁的过去 |
[18:19] | Of breakin’ little hearts like the one in me | 碎掉颗颗芳心 我心也唏嘘不已 |
[18:24] | That’s okay, let’s see how you do it | 一切都没关系 看你这次如何出击 |
[18:27] | Put up your dukes, let’s get down to it | 举起你的双拳 我们直入正题 |
[18:31] | Hit me with your best shot | 你放马过来 |
[18:34] | Why don’t you hit me with your best shot? | 你尽管放马过来吧 |
[18:38] | Oh, hit me with your best shot | 你放马过来 |
[18:41] | Fire away | 出绝招吧 |
[18:46] | You come on with your “come on” | 你上来一句”来吧” |
[18:48] | You don’t fight fair | 并不光明正大 |
[18:50] | But that’s okay, just see if I care | 但是没关系 我并不在乎 |
[18:54] | Knock me down, it’s all in vain | 打倒我 一切都是徒劳 |
[18:57] | I’ll get back up on my feet again | 我会重新振作起来 |
[19:01] | Hit me with your best shot | 你放马过来 |
[19:04] | Why don’t you hit me with your best shot? | 你尽管放马过来吧 |
[19:08] | Oh, hit me with your best shot | 你放马过来 |
[19:12] | Fire away | 出绝招吧 |
[19:14] | – I’m back in! – Still don’t care. | -我要参加 -还是不在乎 |
[19:16] | You’re a real tough cookie with the long history | 你是个无情的人 有着不羁的过去 |
[19:19] | Of breakin’ little hearts | 碎掉颗颗芳心 |
[19:21] | Like the one in me | 我心也唏嘘不已 |
[19:24] | That’s okay, let’s see how you do it | 一切都没关系 看你这次如何出击 |
[19:27] | Put up your dukes, let’s get down to it | 举起你的双拳 我们直入正题 |
[19:31] | Hit me with your best shot | 你放马过来 |
[19:34] | Sneak attack! | 偷袭 |
[19:34] | Why don’t you hit me with your best shot? | 你尽管放马过来吧 |
[19:39] | Hit me with your best shot | 你放马过来 |
[19:42] | Fire away | 出绝招吧 |
[19:45] | My babies! | 我的宝贝 |
[19:46] | Hit me with your best shot | 你放马过来 |
[19:49] | Why don’t you hit me with your best shot? | 你尽管放马过来吧 |
[19:54] | Hit me with your best shot | 你放马过来 |
[19:57] | You can do it, baby! | 你可以的 宝贝 |
[20:02] | Pops was right. | 老爷子是对的 |
[20:03] | Erica had nothing to be embarrassed about. | 没什么可以令爱丽卡不好意思的 |
[20:05] | In fact, in that moment, it felt damn good | 事实上在那一刻 作为金伯格一分子 |
[20:08] | to be a Goldberg. | 感觉好极了 |
[20:09] | I have the most talented kids in the world! | 我家孩子是全世界最有才艺的 |
[20:11] | More talented than yours! More talented than yours! | 比你们家的强多了 比你们家的强多了 |
[20:14] | – Calm down. Calm down. – Oh, my god! | -冷静 冷静 -我的天 |
[20:16] | Especially for my dad, who put on the mom goggles… | 尤其对我爸来说 他这辈子第一次 |
[20:19] | for the first time in his life. | 戴上”母亲护目镜” |
[20:21] | Yeah! Yeah… | 太棒了 太棒了 |
[20:24] | Thank you, guys. | 谢谢大家 |
[20:25] | And as for me, I did what any good director would do– | 至于我 我做了所有优秀导演会做的事 |
[20:28] | I made my star look good. | 让我的明星闪闪发光 |
[20:30] | Kee-ya. | 咿呀 |
[20:31] | I switched Barry’s board for balsa wood. | 我把巴瑞的木板换成了软木 |
[20:49] | Okay, mom. Next talent show’s only a year away. | 妈妈 下一次才艺表演只剩一年时间了 |
[20:52] | Can’t start preparing too early! Show me what you got. | 越早开始准备越好 给我露两手 |
[20:54] | I wrote a smooth soul jam. | 我写了首慢板抒情灵乐 |
[20:57] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[20:59] | Girl | 女孩 |
[21:00] | I want to get with you | 我要和你在一起 |
[21:04] | Big tasty wants to get with you | 大甜甜要和你在一起 |
[21:07] | You got to, mmm, back it up | 你得 嗯 退后 |
[21:09] | Mmm, back it up | 嗯 再退后 |
[21:14] | I’m sorry, was that Barry Goldberg, | 不好意思 这是巴瑞·金伯格 |
[21:16] | or Barry Manilow? ’cause I can’t tell the difference! | 还是巴瑞·曼尼洛 我没觉得有区别 |
[21:23] | Crap! | 见鬼 |