时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Ah, the Halloween couple’s costume! | 万圣节情侣装扮啊 |
[00:02] | From “Alien vs. Predator” to “Little Shop of Horrors,” | 从《异形大战铁血战士》到《异形奇花》 |
[00:05] | back in the day, dressing up was always better in pairs — | 在当年 情侣装扮总要更胜一寿 |
[00:08] | well, for everyone except Erica. | 只有爱丽卡不这么认为 |
[00:10] | This year, you and me are going as | 今年 你和我一起扮成 |
[00:12] | the white hot hit-making duo, | 最火热的热门二重唱组合 |
[00:13] | Daryl Hall and John Oates! | 达里尔·霍尔[喉糖]与约翰·奥茨[燕麦] |
[00:16] | No and no. | 门都没有 |
[00:17] | I don’t get it either. | 我也不懂 |
[00:18] | In my day, there were only two costumes — | 在我那个年代 只有两种装扮 |
[00:20] | a ghost and a witch. | 鬼和女巫 |
[00:22] | Please, Erica! | 拜托 爱丽卡 |
[00:23] | You know it’s always been my dream | 你知道我一直以来的梦想 |
[00:25] | to go to the Halloween dance in a bad-ass couple’s costume | 就是穿着玩双关语的炫酷情侣装扮 |
[00:27] | based on clever wordplay! | 去参加万圣节舞会 |
[00:28] | Geoff, I love you. | 杰夫 我爱你 |
[00:30] | But your dream is beyond embarrassing. | 但你的梦想不是丢人可以形容的 |
[00:32] | I knew you’d be resistant and nasty, | 我就知道你会很拒绝很臭脾气 |
[00:33] | which is why I came up with some backups so good | 所以我想到了一些备选计划 |
[00:35] | you can’t possibly say no! | 棒到你无法拒绝 |
[00:37] | Terrific! | 太好了 |
[00:38] | I always enjoy a good presentation! | 我一直很喜欢精心准备的展示 |
[00:40] | Look, we can be Tim Burton’s best movie! | 我们可以扮成蒂姆·波顿最出色的电影 |
[00:42] | “Beetlejuice”! | 《阴间大法师》[甲壳虫汁] |
[00:43] | I’m the beetle. You’re the juice. | 我扮甲壳虫 你扮汁 |
[00:44] | “Falcon Crest.” | 《鹰冠庄园》[鹰和牙膏] |
[00:45] | Doctor. J. | J博士[医生] |
[00:47] | John. Candy. | 约翰·坎迪[厕所和糖] |
[00:48] | Leggo my eggo. | 放开[乐高]我的华夫饼 |
[00:49] | Corn. Dog. | 玉米热狗 |
[00:50] | Or we circle back to Daryl Hall and John Oates! | 或者我们绕回到达里尔·霍尔与约翰·奥茨 |
[00:54] | Comments…? | 有何感想 |
[00:54] | What’s happening right now? | 这都是些什么乱七八糟的 |
[00:56] | Good question, Pops. | 问得好 老爷子 |
[00:57] | Trust me, this will make sense if you just wear the cough drops. | 相信我 你扮成喉糖以后就说得通了 |
[00:59] | Geoff, listen to me. | 杰夫 听我说 |
[01:00] | I am not going to some corny high-school Halloween dance. | 我不会去什么俗气的高中万圣节舞会的 |
[01:03] | Fine! But just so you know, | 好吧 不过告诉你 |
[01:04] | I find it very hurtful that you insist that my innovative ideas | 你总坚称我的创新创意很丢人 |
[01:07] | are always embarrassing! | 这让我十分受伤 |
[01:23] | It was October 23rd, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的十月二十三日 |
[01:25] | and I was ready for a Halloween horror marathon | 我正准备和我女朋友杰基 |
[01:28] | with my girlfriend, Jackie. | 看万圣节恐怖片马拉松 |
[01:29] | Okay, so, I narrowed it down to these 29 horror movies. | 好 我把范围缩小到这29部恐怖片 |
[01:33] | I think all we need is one. | 我想我们只需要这一部 |
[01:34] | “Nightmare on Elm Street.” | 《猛鬼街》 |
[01:36] | Yeah, I’m not so sure. | 我说不好 |
[01:38] | Something about Freddy Krueger really freaks me out. | 不知道为什么我真的很怕弗雷迪·克鲁格 |
[01:41] | It could be the face or the claws | 或许是他的脸或爪子 |
[01:43] | or the whole fall-asleep-and-you-die concept. | 或”睡着就没命”这个设定 |
[01:45] | Oh, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[01:46] | I’ll protect you. | 我会保护你的 |
[01:47] | No. That’s my job! | 不 那是我的职责 |
[01:49] | And you know my number-one rule — | 你知道我的第一条规矩 |
[01:50] | No scary movies. | 不准看恐怖片 |
[01:52] | That’s the thing, it’s not scary. | 这就是重点 这电影不恐怖 |
[01:53] | “Elm Street” is actually a very charming rom-com. | 《猛鬼街》其实是部很浪漫的喜剧 |
[01:56] | “High school friends are slaughtered in their sleep | “高中朋友们在睡梦中被残杀 |
[01:59] | by the predatory monster of their shared nightmares”? | 凶手是他们互通的噩梦中的嗜血怪物’ |
[02:02] | – What’s the worst that can happen? – I don’t know. | -再糟糕又能怎么样 -我不知道 |
[02:04] | Why don’t you ask Joyce Dimarco’s son | 你为什么不去问问乔伊斯·迪马克的儿子 |
[02:06] | Anthony? | 安东尼 |
[02:06] | He didn’t sleep for three years after watching “The Exorcist,” | 他看过《驱魔人》后三年没睡觉 |
[02:09] | so his body never grew. | 所以身体都没发育 |
[02:11] | Well, now he’s a 4’7″ adult man | 现在他是个一米四的成年人 |
[02:13] | who needs a special stool to use a sink! | 用洗手池时还要专门踩个小凳子 |
[02:16] | Mom, I’ve slept enough to reach every sink! | 妈 我睡得够多了 能够到任何洗手池 |
[02:18] | I’m old enough to see this movie! | 我的年纪可以看这部电影了 |
[02:20] | Okay, fine. You wanna rent a scary movie? | 好吧 你想租恐怖片 |
[02:22] | – Here. – “An American Tail”? | -给 -《美国鼠谭》 |
[02:24] | It’s bone chilling. | 吓死个人 |
[02:25] | It’s about a Russian-Semitic mouse | 主角是一只俄国闪族老鼠 |
[02:27] | named Fievel Mousekewitz | 名叫非沃·鼠科威兹 |
[02:29] | who immigrates to America. | 移民去美国 |
[02:30] | How is that scary?! | 这有什么吓人的 |
[02:31] | Well, he gets separated from his mama. | 他和妈妈走散了 |
[02:33] | But don’t worry. He finds her again. | 不过别担心 他又找到妈妈了 |
[02:35] | I just ruined the whole thing! | 我都剧透光了 |
[02:36] | Well, it doesn’t matter, ’cause you’re gonna love it! | 不过没关系 因为你会很喜欢的 |
[02:38] | I’m gonna get us some cheesy snacks | 我去买些芝士味的零食 |
[02:40] | for my little mouse man. | 喂我的小老鼠宝宝 |
[02:41] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[02:42] | We’ll still get to watch us some Freddy. | 我们还是能看上弗雷迪的 |
[02:44] | Really? How? | 真的吗 怎么做 |
[02:45] | I had a feeling your mom would make us go PG, | 我有预感你妈会逼我们看合家欢电影 |
[02:47] | so I had my parents rent it for us… | 所以我叫我父母给我们租了 |
[02:49] | unless you’re too scared? | 除非你太怕不敢看 |
[02:51] | Are you kidding? It’s cool. | 开玩笑吗 我怕什么 |
[02:52] | I mean, how scary can a little claw glove be? | 一副小爪子手套能有多吓人 |
[02:56] | Oh, God! That claw is really freaking me out, man! | 天啊 那副爪子真的吓死我了 |
[02:59] | Tell me when the claw’s off the screen! | 等爪子的镜头过去了告诉我 |
[03:00] | Hey, pumpkins! Having fun? | 宝贝们 玩得开心吗 |
[03:03] | Yeah, fun stuff. | 是的 很开心 |
[03:04] | Dad, you’ve gotta see this movie. | 爸 你得看看这部电影 |
[03:06] | It’s totally terrifying. | 特别吓人 |
[03:07] | That’s ’cause it’s based on a true story. | 因为那是真实事件改编的 |
[03:09] | – Wait, what?! – Freddy’s coming for you! | -等等 什么 -弗雷迪来抓你了 |
[03:11] | – You can sleep when you’re dead! – What?! | -你死了以后可以睡个够 -什么 |
[03:13] | I’m just messing with you. | 我只是在逗你们玩 |
[03:14] | But the movie is terrifying. | 不过电影很吓人 |
[03:16] | – Have fun! – It’s true. | -玩得开心点 -没错 |
[03:17] | Freddy scared me to my core. | 弗雷迪让我由衷地害怕 |
[03:19] | Meanwhile, Geoff was still afraid | 与此同时 杰夫仍害怕 |
[03:21] | he’d never get his couple’s costume. | 他永远没机会穿情侣装扮 |
[03:22] | Please, all I’m asking for is five measly minutes | 拜托 只要区区五分钟就好 |
[03:25] | as Daryl Hall and John Oates! | 扮成达里尔·霍尔与约翰·奥茨 |
[03:26] | For the millionth time, | 说了一百万次了 |
[03:27] | I’m not going to some lame high-school dance. | 我不会去什么逊毙的高中舞会 |
[03:29] | But it won’t be lame | 不会很逊的 |
[03:30] | because you make everything cooler. | 因为你能让一切变得更酷[清凉] |
[03:32] | That’s why you’re Halls! | 所以你来扮荷氏喉糖 |
[03:33] | It’s known for its icy-cold penetrating vapor action! | 它的特色就是穿透力极强的清凉效果 |
[03:35] | I made a promise the day I graduated | 我毕业那天发过誓 |
[03:38] | to never return to this hell hole again. | 永不回到这个地狱 |
[03:39] | Which reminds me — | 这提醒了我 |
[03:41] | – Get out. – Here? | -出去 -在这 |
[03:42] | But this is the auxiliary parking lot. | 可这里是辅助停车场 |
[03:43] | If you wanna bum rides off me, | 假如你想坐我的车 |
[03:44] | this is the best you’re gonna get. | 这已经是最好的待遇了 |
[03:46] | ‘Cause the last thing I need is for someone to spot me — | 因为我最不需要的就是被人看到 |
[03:47] | Well, well! | 看看啊 |
[03:48] | If it isn’t one of our illustrious alumni, Erica Goldberg! | 这不是我们有名的校友爱丽卡·金伯格吗 |
[03:51] | Hey, Mr. Glascott. | 格拉斯科特老师 |
[03:53] | Um, don’t you have your own, | 你没有你专属的 |
[03:54] | like, teacher’s spot or something? | 教师停车位之类的吗 |
[03:56] | I do, but there’s always a student parked in it, | 我有 不过总有学生把车停在那 |
[03:58] | so I park here | 所以我把车停这 |
[03:59] | and then wear a pair of comfortable walking shoes. | 然后穿一双舒适的适合走路的鞋 |
[04:01] | Cool stuff, very sad, gotta go! | 很酷 太揪心了 我得走了 |
[04:03] | Oh, wait, before you run off, | 等等 在你走前 |
[04:04] | do you mind coming in and talking to the kids? | 你介意进来和孩子们聊聊吗 |
[04:06] | It’s very inspiring for them to hear a success story | 让他们听听毕业生的成功故事 |
[04:09] | from one of our former students. | 是很激励人心的 |
[04:10] | I would, but being back here is depressing, | 我也想去 但回到这很让人抑郁 |
[04:12] | so no way never? | 所以永远没门 |
[04:14] | That’s the sassafras I remember! | 这才是我印象中伶牙俐齿的姑娘 |
[04:16] | Come on, we can walk together! | 快来 我们可以一起走 |
[04:19] | Young minds, look who it is! | 年轻人们 看看这是谁 |
[04:20] | Erica Goldberg! | 爱丽卡·金伯格 |
[04:22] | She’s here to tell you all about | 她是来跟大家聊聊 |
[04:23] | the magical and exciting chapter after high school! | 高中后神奇又刺激的下一篇章的 |
[04:27] | Well, I went to college in DC — | 我去了华盛顿特区的大学 |
[04:29] | Where the President lives. | 总统生活在那 |
[04:31] | And then I dropped out to follow my real dream, | 然后我辍学去追随我真正的梦想 |
[04:34] | which is being a rock star. | 成为摇滚明星 |
[04:36] | Intriguing. Could you expound on the risks and rewards | 有趣 你能详细说明一下离开学术生涯 |
[04:38] | of leaving academia behind? | 都有哪些风险和回报吗 |
[04:39] | Good Lord, no! | 老天爷 不 |
[04:40] | So in your experience, | 以你的经验而言 |
[04:41] | would you say college was a waste of time? | 你认为大学是浪费时间吗 |
[04:43] | I would say high school was a waste of time. | 我认为高中是浪费时间 |
[04:45] | No, no, no, no, no! | 不不不不不 |
[04:46] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[04:46] | The whole American educational system is bogus! | 整个美国教育系统就是扯淡 |
[04:49] | Man, this really turned on me! | 老天 搬石头砸自己的脚 |
[04:51] | Please just leave! | 求你快走 |
[04:52] | You were right, Schwartz. | 你说得对 施瓦茨 |
[04:52] | Coming back to school wasn’t so bad after all. | 重返校园也没那么糟 |
[04:54] | Later, turds! | 回见 傻蛋们 |
[04:57] | She just ate my new apple. | 她吃了我的新苹果 |
[04:58] | Turns out, going back to the place Erica used to rule | 原来 回到爱丽卡曾叱咤风云的地盘 |
[05:01] | was just the ego boost she needed. | 正增添了她需要的自信心 |
[05:03] | Some days I just wake up and I go, “You know what? | 有时我醒来就想”你知道吗 |
[05:05] | I’m gonna do nothing today,” | 我今天什么都不做’ |
[05:07] | and I go right back to sleep. | 然后我直接接着睡了 |
[05:08] | You’re my hero. | 你是我的英雄 |
[05:09] | Yep, that fateful day, | 没错 在那命中注定的一天 |
[05:10] | she was back to being the Queen of Cool. | 她做回了最酷的女王 |
[05:13] | This bad boy stuck again? | 这东西又卡住了吗 |
[05:16] | Some things never change. | 有些事永远也不会变 |
[05:18] | You’re like the Fonz but hot! | 你就像性感版的人气王方兹 |
[05:21] | ‘Cause Fonzie. | 方兹就这样 |
[05:21] | That is, until the Queen of Cool | 直到 最酷的女王 |
[05:23] | became the Master of Just Not Leaving. | 变成了赖着不走大师 |
[05:25] | ‘Sup! | 你好吗 |
[05:27] | My dude! | 哥们 |
[05:28] | Hey, hang in there, bro! | 坚持住 老兄 |
[05:30] | Like the bangs, random girl! | 我喜欢你的刘海 路人女孩 |
[05:32] | Ruben Jr., doin’ what you do! | 鲁本二世 继续做自己 |
[05:36] | Wait, I thought that girl graduated? | 等等 我以为那个女生已经毕业了 |
[05:38] | That’s ’cause she did. | 她的确毕业了 |
[05:39] | While Erica was overstaying her welcome… | 正当爱丽卡赖着不走时 |
[05:40] | I was over-caffeinating. | 我正在过量摄入咖啡因 |
[05:42] | Who’s up for Pancake Dippers?! | 谁想吃培根薄饼 |
[05:45] | Take off that striped Freddy sweater right now! | 立刻把那件弗雷迪的条纹毛衣脱了 |
[05:47] | Dammit. Are you strung out on Jolt Cola again? | 见鬼 你又喝可乐上瘾了吗 |
[05:49] | – Gimme the can. – No, no, no, no! | -把罐子给我 -不不不不 |
[05:51] | I need my wakey juice! | 我需要清醒汁 |
[05:52] | My God, you look schluffy. | 我的天 你看起来困极了 |
[05:53] | A Mama can always tell! | 当妈的永远能看出来 |
[05:55] | – What’s going on with you? – Okay, fine! | -你到底怎么了 -好吧 |
[05:57] | I’m too exhausted to mount a defense! | 我太累了没办法防守了 |
[06:00] | I watched “Nightmare on Elm Street” at Jackie’s house. | 我在杰基家看了《猛鬼街》 |
[06:02] | What? Where were Vinny and Lynn? | 什么 文尼和林恩怎么不管你们 |
[06:04] | They rented it for us. | 就是他们帮我们租的 |
[06:05] | Knowing full well that it’s a terrifying movie | 他们明明知道那片子是恐怖片 |
[06:07] | about Fredward Kroeger?! Yes! | -有弗莱德沃·克罗格 -没错 |
[06:09] | ‘Cause they trust Jackie and respect her opinion | 因为他们信任杰基 尊重她的观点 |
[06:11] | ’cause she’s an adult who can make her own decisions. | 因为她是个成年人 能自己做决定 |
[06:14] | Sweet God! | 老天爷啊 |
[06:15] | What else happens in this lawless house | 那个以信任孩子为基础的不法之家里 |
[06:17] | built on the trust of children? Nothing! | -还发生了什么荒唐事 -没有了 |
[06:19] | Vin and Lynn are cool and thoughtful | 文尼和林恩很酷 很体贴 |
[06:21] | and political and go to protests — | 在乎政治还去参加抗议 |
[06:23] | Whoa, whoa, wait, they’re hippies? | 等等 他们是嬉皮士 |
[06:25] | Oh, no! Don’t mix in, too! | 不 不准你也掺和进来 |
[06:27] | – Just go back to napping! – You never told me | -接着打盹去 -你从没告诉过我 |
[06:29] | that your girlfriend comes from hippie stock! | 你女朋友有嬉皮士血统 |
[06:32] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[06:33] | Great, now you got your father all riled up. | 太好了 现在你父亲也生气了 |
[06:35] | My God! Why do you hate hippies so much? | 我的天 你为什么如此讨厌嬉皮士 |
[06:37] | Because back in college, | 因为上大学时 |
[06:38] | they were all off making free love, | 他们都跑去自由恋爱 |
[06:41] | while I was making $2 an hour | 而我则在熟食店里切黑面包 |
[06:43] | slicing rye bread in a deli! | 每小时只赚两美元 |
[06:45] | Enough with the rye bread, Murray. | 别再提黑面包了 默里 |
[06:47] | – Take a walk. – Yeah, yeah. | -去散散心 -是啊 是啊 |
[06:48] | Well, there go my big plans for the day, | 我今天的大计划泡汤了 |
[06:50] | haranguing Erica and then Barry if there was time. | 训斥爱丽卡 有时间再训训巴瑞 |
[06:53] | Hm, it’s all hands on deck to get you sleeping | 现在最主要的任务是帮你 |
[06:55] | like a snuggle bug again. | 重新像小瞌睡虫一样睡觉 |
[06:56] | It’s just a few nightmares. I don’t need your help. | 不过是几个噩梦 我不需要你帮忙 |
[06:58] | Tonight we’re gonna start with a relaxing bubble bath. | 今晚我们先从放松的泡泡浴开始 |
[07:01] | No baths. I’m a shower man now. | 不泡澡 我现在是只淋浴的汉子 |
[07:02] | After that, | 在那之后 |
[07:03] | I’m gonna toast up your jammies real nice in the dryer, | 我帮你把睡衣放在烘衣机里烘得暖暖的 |
[07:06] | and then I’ll tuck you in real tight | 然后我帮你把被子掖紧 |
[07:08] | to seal in the safeness. | 把安全都密封起来 |
[07:09] | You do know that none of this will actually help me. | 你知道这些都不能真的帮到我对吗 |
[07:12] | For your information, science has proven | 你要知道 科学已经证实 |
[07:15] | that Mamas can love away the fear. | 妈妈的爱可以赶走恐惧 |
[07:17] | What science proves that?! | 哪门子科学证实这玩意 |
[07:18] | At Yale, they scared a thousand kids. | 在耶鲁 他们吓坏一千个小孩 |
[07:20] | Half were given mama love. | 其中一半得到了妈妈的爱 |
[07:21] | Half were given a placebo. | 另一半得到了安慰剂 |
[07:23] | Guess which kids stopped having nightmares? | 猜猜哪些孩子不再做噩梦了 |
[07:25] | None, ’cause it never happened! | 一个都没有 因为根本没有这回事 |
[07:27] | I could’ve been a scientist. | 我本可以成为科学家 |
[07:29] | I rest my case. | 我可以结案了 |
[07:31] | ‘Cause I could’ve been a lawyer as well. | 因为我本还可以成为一名律师 |
[07:32] | I don’t care what fancy career | 我不在乎你为了养育我 |
[07:34] | you gave up to raise me. | 放弃了什么光鲜事业 |
[07:35] | I’ll get over my nightmares by myself | 我会独自克服噩梦 |
[07:37] | and without a bath. | 不用泡澡 |
[07:40] | Stupid loving mother | 愚蠢的慈爱母亲 |
[07:42] | soothing science. | 令人放松的科学 |
[07:50] | No more sleep! | 我再也不睡了 |
[07:51] | Never ever again will there be sleep! | 我永远不再睡觉了 |
[07:53] | C’mon, losers! Let’s see some Quaker spirit | 拜托 废柴们 拿出贵格精神 |
[07:55] | and support your girls’ volleyball team! | 支持你们的女子排球队 |
[07:57] | Oh, my God, I can’t believe she’s back here again! | 我的天 真不敢相信她又回来了 |
[07:59] | Dang. | 见鬼 |
[08:01] | Dude, I never thought I’d see the day | 老兄 我从没想到会有一天 |
[08:02] | where you would be embarrassed by her. | 你会因为她而丢脸 |
[08:04] | Embarrassed? No. What? C’mon. | 丢脸 没有 什么 拜托 |
[08:05] | Erica’s my dream girl. | 爱丽卡是我梦中的女神 |
[08:07] | And now the dream is over | 而现在美梦结束了 |
[08:08] | and you’re left with a sad sack girlfriend | 你只剩下一个可怜虫女友 |
[08:11] | stuck in thirteenth grade. | 困在高四不肯向前看 |
[08:12] | – That’s a thing? – Oh, yeah. | -还有这种事 -没错 |
[08:13] | See, Erica’s become one of those losers | 瞧 爱丽卡变成了那些废物之一 |
[08:15] | who still hangs around after she’s graduated. | 毕业后还总赖在学校 |
[08:17] | Get your cookies! | 来买饼干 |
[08:18] | Matt, tell me it’s gonna be okay! | 马特 告诉我一切都会好起来的 |
[08:20] | I usually try and find a positive spin on things, | 我通常会尝试找到事情积极的一面 |
[08:22] | but, um, this one’s hard. | 但这次真难 |
[08:24] | Oh, no, even eternal optimist Matt Bradley | 不 就连永远乐观的马特·布莱德利 |
[08:26] | lost hope?! What do I do?! | 都失去了希望 我该怎么办 |
[08:27] | Hey, JTP! Over here! | JTP 过来 |
[08:29] | – Oh, she sees us! – Good luck, man! | -她看到我们了 -祝你好运 伙计 |
[08:30] | Flee! | 快跑 |
[08:31] | Brownie on the house for my number-one customer. | 免费赠送一块巧克力蛋糕给我的最佳顾客 |
[08:33] | And as your number one, | 作为你的最佳顾客 |
[08:34] | I feel like it’s my job to tell you that people are calling you | 我认为我有职责告诉你 人们都叫你 |
[08:37] | a lame-ass sad sack stuck in thirteenth grade. | 困在高四的超逊可怜虫 |
[08:39] | Not me! People. | 不是我 是别人说的 |
[08:40] | What people? | 哪些人 |
[08:41] | – Wait, is it Dan?! – Honestly, it’s not. | -等等 是丹吗 -说实话 不是 |
[08:44] | Oh, I am gonna make this school year | 我要让那个傻蛋 |
[08:45] | – a living hell for that goofus! – No! | -这学年过得生不如死 -不 |
[08:47] | You can’t go around school terrorizing goofuses! | 你不能随便来学校恐吓傻蛋 |
[08:49] | You’re an adult now! It’s a crime! | 你已经是成年人了 这是犯罪 |
[08:51] | Dan brought this on himself! | 这是丹自找的 |
[08:52] | If he wants to dance, then we’ll dance! | 假如他想过招 我们就过过招 |
[08:53] | Don’t dance with Dan! | 别和丹过招 |
[08:55] | It’s me! I’m the people who think it! | 是我 这么想的人是我 |
[08:57] | – Stop covering for Dan! – I’m not! | -别再袒护丹了 -我没有 |
[08:59] | I didn’t know how to tell you, | 我不知道该怎么跟你说 |
[09:01] | but graduation usually marks the end of a high-school career, | 但人毕业后通常高中生涯就结束了 |
[09:04] | which seems kinda lost on you. | 而你似乎看不清这点 |
[09:05] | The only thing that’s lost is your grip on reality! | 是你根本看不清现实 |
[09:08] | I am worshipped here! | 这里人人都崇拜我 |
[09:09] | Watch! | 看着 |
[09:11] | Attention, adoring fans! | 注意 可爱的粉丝们 |
[09:13] | I’m gonna be throwing a kick-ass pre-party for the dance! | 我要为舞会办一场炫酷的派对 |
[09:15] | Keg’s on me! | 啤酒我请 |
[09:18] | Hear that? Who’s in thirteenth grade now? | 听到了吗 现在是谁困在高四 |
[09:21] | Thirteenth grade? | 高四 |
[09:22] | Dammit, I was assured high school stopped at twelfth! | 该死 我以为高中只有三年 |
[09:26] | Desperate to escape my Freddy nightmares, | 绝望地想逃离弗雷迪的噩梦 |
[09:28] | I visited the girl of my dreams | 我拜访了我的梦中情人 |
[09:30] | after chugging a case of Jolt Cola. | 去之前猛灌了一箱可乐 |
[09:32] | Hey, Lynnie. Hey, Vinny. Jackie home? | 林恩 文尼 杰基在家吗 |
[09:34] | She’s upstairs watching “Elm Streets” two through five. | 她在楼上看《猛鬼街》第二到第五部 |
[09:37] | – Have at it. – Um, I-I’m kind of Freddy’d out. | -一起去看吧 -我有点看够弗雷迪了 |
[09:40] | Maybe I can wait for her in one of your many well-lit rooms. | 或许我可以在其他明亮的房间等她 |
[09:43] | – Just gonna grab this. – You okay, big guy? | -把这个给我吧 -你还好吗 猛男 |
[09:45] | Jackie said you haven’t been sleeping much lately. | 杰基说你最近没怎么睡觉 |
[09:46] | No, I’ve been getting about | 不 我最近每晚 |
[09:48] | seven, eight m-minutes a night. | 都睡足七八分钟 |
[09:50] | Look, I teach kids. It’s what I do. | 我是教孩子的 这是我的工作 |
[09:52] | Do you know the best way to conquer | 你知道想征服最深层恐惧 |
[09:54] | your deepest fears? | 最佳方法是什么吗 |
[09:56] | Facing your fear head on. | 直接面对你的恐惧 |
[09:57] | – Here. – Fangoria magazine? | -给 -《方格利亚》杂志 |
[10:00] | They go behind-the-scenes on all the horror movies | 他们探访所有恐怖电影的幕后 |
[10:02] | and show you the special effects and the makeup, | 向你展示特效和化妆 |
[10:03] | and they show you how they make it. | 还向你展示制作过程 |
[10:05] | Not so scary now, huh? | 现在不觉得吓人了吧 |
[10:06] | That’s Freddy Krueger?! | 那就是弗雷迪·克鲁格 |
[10:07] | He’s just a classically trained actor named Robert. | 他只是个科班出身的演员 名叫罗伯特 |
[10:10] | – This is awesome! – It really was. | -太棒了 -的确很棒 |
[10:12] | Thanks to Jackie’s dad, my nightmares were over… | 多亏了杰基的老爸 我的噩梦结束了 |
[10:14] | or so I thought. | 或者说我以为会那样 |
[10:17] | Looks like my little fun-size Snickers is awake! | 看来我的迷你装小糖果醒了 |
[10:19] | Mom! You know it’s not okay | 妈 你知道你不该 |
[10:21] | to stare at me for hours as I sleep! | 在我睡着时看着我好几个小时 |
[10:23] | It’s hard not to admire my handiwork. | 我很难不欣赏自己的杰作啊 |
[10:25] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[10:26] | I got you sleeping again! | 我让你重新睡觉了 |
[10:27] | You know, a mother’s love really is the best medicine! | 母爱真的是最好的药 |
[10:30] | To be clear, Vin and Lynn Geary helped me, | 把话说清楚 是文尼和林恩帮了我 |
[10:32] | not your creep-o stuff. | 不是你那套瘆人的做法 |
[10:33] | I’m sorry — Vin and Lynn what, now? | 不好意思 什么文尼和林恩 |
[10:34] | You heard me. They used Fangoria | 你分明听到了 他们用电影杂志 |
[10:36] | to help me face my fears head on. | 帮我面对了我的恐惧 |
[10:38] | Ho-no! | 不 |
[10:39] | How dare they successfully parent my child?! | 他们胆敢成功教育我的孩子 |
[10:42] | Murray, get in here! | 默里 过来 |
[10:43] | Which moron did what?! Just yell it to me! | 哪个白痴又干啥了 喊给我听 |
[10:45] | It’s those damn Gearys again! | 又是该死的吉里两口子 |
[10:47] | They mixed in with our baby! The chutzpah! | 他们掺和我宝贝的事 胆肥了 |
[10:49] | Those stinkin’ hippies! | 那些可恶的嬉皮士 |
[10:50] | They don’t follow the rules of society! | 他们不遵守社会的准则 |
[10:52] | Really? You guys are that threatened by them | 不是吧 你们居然这么受到威胁 |
[10:54] | just ’cause they’re better parents than you in every way? | 只因为他们在各方面都是更优秀的父母 |
[10:57] | Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat did you just say? | 你说什什什什什么 |
[11:00] | N-not in every way! | 也不是各方面 |
[11:01] | I meant most ways, some ways! One way? | 我是指大多方面 某些方面 某个方面 |
[11:03] | Those Gearys are gonna get a crash course | 我们金伯格家这就去给吉里家那两口子 |
[11:06] | in real parenting from the Goldbergs. | 上一堂真正育儿方式的速成课 |
[11:08] | Oh, please stay away from those nice, better people! | 求你们不要去打扰那些更优秀的好人 |
[11:10] | Please, no. Please, no. Please, no. Please, no. | 求你们别 求你们别 求你们别 |
[11:12] | Gearys, we need to talk. | 吉里两口子 我们得谈谈 |
[11:13] | – Hey, Goldbergs! – Just bobbing for some apples. | -金伯格 -我们正好在玩咬苹果游戏 |
[11:16] | You want a turn, Mur? | 想玩吗 老默 |
[11:16] | Do I want communal fruit from a hippie tub? | 问我要不要从嬉皮士的桶里分公共食物 |
[11:19] | – I’m good. – Play time’s over, Gearys. | -不用了 -游戏时间结束了 吉里 |
[11:22] | – Oh, you have got some nerve. – I’m sorry, | -你们胆子可不小 -不好意思 |
[11:24] | what exactly are you worked up about? | 你究竟为了什么这么生气 |
[11:26] | We have to do something fast. | 我们得快点想想办法 |
[11:27] | Because of you people, | 因为你们这些人 |
[11:29] | my son stopped having night terrors. | 我儿子不再做噩梦了 |
[11:30] | – You’re welcome? – How shocking, | -不客气 -真惊人 |
[11:33] | the hippie doesn’t get it! | 嬉皮士听不懂人话 |
[11:34] | Why does he keep calling us hippies? | 他为什么一直叫我们嬉皮士 |
[11:35] | Because of your head-in-the-sand | 因为你们否认现实 |
[11:37] | loosey-goosey parenting style! | 随随便便的育儿方式 |
[11:38] | Which is the reason my little angel | 我的小天使最初做噩梦 |
[11:40] | started having nightmares to begin with! | 正是这个原因 |
[11:42] | Well, maybe if he wasn’t an over-mothered | 或许假如他不是一个被溺爱过度 |
[11:44] | bubble-wrapped veal child, | 保护过度的娇弱小宝宝 |
[11:45] | he wouldn’t be having nightmares in the first place! | 他最初就不会做噩梦了 |
[11:47] | Our parents are fighting! | 我们的父母吵起来了 |
[11:48] | – Do something! – Look! | -想想办法 -看 |
[11:50] | They have hay rides! | 他们有干草车 |
[11:51] | Hay makes everything better! | 干草能改善一切不愉快 |
[11:52] | Tell that to Rachel Hublitz’s nephew | 这话跟瑞秋·秀伯莉慈的侄子说去 |
[11:55] | who went on a hay ride | 他坐了干草车 |
[11:56] | and the open-air wagon turned over. | 那辆敞篷马车翻车了 |
[11:58] | They had to saw him out of the wreckage, | 为了救出他得把残骸锯开 |
[12:00] | and they accidentally cut the poor boy in half. | 他们不小心把那可怜孩子锯成了两半 |
[12:02] | Now he’s just a torso | 现在他只剩个身子 |
[12:04] | and has to ride a special medical skateboard | 得靠一个特殊医疗滑板 |
[12:06] | to his job at the DMV. No, thanks. | 去车管局上班 不了 谢谢 |
[12:09] | Look, it’s a corn maze! | 看 是玉米田迷宫 |
[12:10] | Let’s split up by family! | 我们两家分开进去吧 |
[12:12] | Are you sure it’s safe? I bet your mom knows someone | 你确定安全吗 我打赌你妈认识某个人 |
[12:13] | who was impaled by a pointy cob. | 被尖玉米棒子刺穿了 |
[12:16] | Move, move, move. | 快走快走快走 |
[12:17] | I was not done speaking to you people. Come on, Murray. | 我跟你们的话还没说完 快来 默里 |
[12:19] | While my parents were on a mission to school the Gearys, | 正当我父母誓要好好教育吉里一家人时 |
[12:21] | Erica’s only goal | 爱丽卡的唯一目标 |
[12:23] | was to prove she wasn’t a lame thirteenth grader. | 就是证明她不是很逊的高四生 |
[12:26] | Hello, fine purveyor of spirits. | 您好 酒水经销商 |
[12:28] | I would like nine kegs | 给我九桶 |
[12:29] | of your cheapest and frothiest beer, please. | 要最冰最便宜的啤酒 谢谢 |
[12:30] | – Gonna need to see some ID. – I was prepared for that. | -我得看你的身份证 -我准备好了 |
[12:34] | This is a freshman college ID. | 这是大学新生的身份证 |
[12:36] | Which proves I’m not some high-school bozo off the street. | 证明了我不是街边的高中傻蛋 |
[12:39] | It also proves that you’re not 21. | 也证明了你未满21岁 |
[12:41] | Would it help if I told you | 如果我说我十分需要 |
[12:42] | that I really need a keg to look cool? | 靠一桶啤酒证明我很酷 会有用吗 |
[12:43] | It would not. | 不会 |
[12:44] | – Would it matter if I cried and/or begged? – Still a no. | -我哭或求你会有效果吗 -还是不会 |
[12:46] | Please! I am in a really bad place, man! | 求你了 我现在处境真的很糟 |
[12:48] | The validation that I’ll get from some random high-school kids | 我将从一群路人高中生那获得的认可 |
[12:50] | is all that’s getting me by right now! | 是我目前唯一的生存动力了 |
[12:52] | So, please, I gotta get a keg! | 所以求你了 我必须弄到一桶啤酒 |
[12:54] | I could just fill one up with some crappy non-alcoholic beer. | 我可以给你装一桶廉价的无酒精啤酒 |
[12:56] | Seriously, dude? No one would stoop that low. | 不是吧 老兄 谁会低级到那份上 |
[12:58] | What up, party people?! | 你们好吗 派对动物们 |
[13:00] | Guess who got a real keg of genuine alcoholic beer?! | 猜猜是谁弄来了一桶真正含酒精的啤酒 |
[13:03] | Look, the girl that was getting on our nerves | 瞧 那个把我们烦得够呛的女生 |
[13:05] | finally did something cool! | 终于做了些很酷的事 |
[13:07] | Okay, you have seriously lost it! | 你现在真的疯过头了 |
[13:09] | You can’t bring a keg-wagon to school | 你不能为了证明我错了 |
[13:10] | just to prove me wrong! | 就带一车啤酒来学校 |
[13:11] | All I’m proving is these people love me | 我只证明了这些人很喜欢我 |
[13:13] | and I’m not in the thirteenth grade. | 我可不是什么高四生 |
[13:15] | Hey, pre-party before the dance is at the water tower! | 在水塔那举办舞会前派对 |
[13:18] | Now cheer for me! | 现在为我欢呼吧 |
[13:20] | Nothing can touch you, Erica! | 谁都动不了你 爱丽卡 |
[13:22] | You’re untouchable! | 你是不可动摇的 |
[13:23] | Miss Goldberg, you are in serious trouble! | 金伯格小姐 你惹上大麻烦了 |
[13:26] | My office right now! | 现在就去我办公室 |
[13:29] | Well, I no longer go here so you can’t tell me what to do. | 我不是这的学生了 你无权命令我 |
[13:33] | Well, I’ll just have you arrested for criminal trespassing | 那我就以非法入侵和让未成年人饮酒的罪名 |
[13:36] | and providing alcohol to minors! | 叫警察逮捕你 |
[13:40] | Please stop. | 求求你停下吧 |
[13:42] | I think we’ve been here already. | 我想我们之前经过这了 |
[13:43] | Well, clueless people, clueless parents. | 毫无头绪的人 毫无头绪的家长 |
[13:46] | Okay! That’s it, Beverly! | 好吧 够了 贝弗莉 |
[13:48] | You have seriously crossed the line! | 你真的过线了 |
[13:50] | Please, all I did was question | 拜托 我不过是质疑 |
[13:52] | whether you should bring another child into this world. | 你们到底该不该再生一个孩子 |
[13:54] | And a hippie child no less. | 还是个嬉皮士孩子 |
[13:56] | Ugh, we get it! | 我们知道了 |
[13:57] | You hate hippies ’cause you were lame in college! | 你讨厌嬉皮士 因为你大学时很逊 |
[13:59] | I worked two jobs to get through Penn State. | 我打两份工供自己读完宾州大 |
[14:02] | You don’t think I wanted to dance and wear beads? | 你以为我不想跳舞 戴珠链吗 |
[14:05] | No. Can’t imagine you wanting any of that. | 不 真想象不出你想要那些东西 |
[14:07] | You have no idea what this complicated man wants! | 你根本不知道这个复杂的男人想要什么 |
[14:09] | – What do we do?! – We gotta split ’em up! | -我们该怎么办 -得把他们分开 |
[14:11] | Hurry! Goldbergs…this way! | 快 金伯格家的这边走 |
[14:13] | And I’m sorry if this sounds harsh, | 假如这些话听起来太严厉我很抱歉 |
[14:15] | but I don’t trust you people, and frankly — | 但我不信任你们这些人 说实话 |
[14:17] | I’m not comfortable with Adam | 我不希望亚当 |
[14:19] | spending any more unsupervised time at your madhouse! | 再去你们的疯人院度过无人监管的时光 |
[14:21] | Tell ya what, maybe our kids | 告诉你 或许我们的孩子 |
[14:23] | shouldn’t see each other at all! | 根本不该交往 |
[14:24] | – What?! – Jackie Renee Geary, get to the car! | -什么 -杰基·蕾妮·吉里 上车去 |
[14:26] | I bet it’s a Volkswagen love bus. | 我猜是辆大众的爱情巴士 |
[14:28] | It’s a Saab, so suck it! | 是瑞典萨博 气死你 |
[14:31] | I can’t believe you two! | 我真不敢相信你们俩 |
[14:32] | Look, we are your parents, | 我们是你的父母 |
[14:34] | and we know what’s best for you — | 我们知道什么对你最好 |
[14:35] | But you don’t! | 可你们不知道 |
[14:36] | The Gearys helped me, not you! | 是吉里他们帮助了我 不是你们 |
[14:38] | Honestly, I wish they were my parents! | 说实话 我希望他们是我的父母 |
[14:40] | You don’t mean that… | 你不是真心的 |
[14:41] | I’ve never meant anything more. | 我从没这么真心过 |
[14:46] | Dead end! Still mad! | 是死路 我还是很生气 |
[14:48] | Okay, I know all this looks super bad, | 好吧 我知道这看起来很过分 |
[14:50] | but this isn’t even real beer! | 但这根本不是真啤酒 |
[14:52] | I’m a fraud and I’m lame! | 我是个骗子 我很逊 |
[14:53] | So you’d fool a bunch of kids | 你用一桶假啤酒骗孩子们 |
[14:55] | with a fake keg just to seem cool? | 只为了看起来酷 |
[14:57] | You’ve sunk pret-ty low, Ms. Goldberg. | 你这样实在太低级了 金伯格小姐 |
[15:01] | Well, whattya know! | 真想不到 |
[15:03] | Johnny G scored us a keg-irino | 约翰给我们弄了桶啤酒 |
[15:05] | for the teacher’s lounge Halloween mixer! | 来给教师休息室万圣节聚会助兴 |
[15:07] | Oh, um, this is — | 这是 |
[15:08] | And here you guys insisted this man | 你们这些人还坚称这个人 |
[15:10] | was nothing but a button-down cornball. | 不过是个死板的呆瓜 |
[15:12] | Well, shows what you all know! | 这下你们知道了吧 |
[15:14] | Why don’t we tap this very alcoholic bad boy, people?! | 不如我们打开这桶含酒精的啤酒吧 大伙 |
[15:18] | Mr. G brought the fun. | 格老师最会找乐子 |
[15:20] | Unbelievable! They just stole my keg! | 难以置信 他们偷走了我的啤酒 |
[15:22] | How am I supposed to impress the Seniors now? | 现在我该怎么在高四生面前长脸 |
[15:24] | That’s your takeaway here?! | 这就是你的反应 |
[15:25] | God, why are you yelling at me? | 老天 你为什么要吼我 |
[15:26] | Because this is all beyond embarrassing! | 因为这已经不是丢人能形容的了 |
[15:28] | Not just for you, but for me, too! | 不只是你丢人 我也丢人 |
[15:29] | – Especially for me! – Wait, I embarrass you?! | -特别是我 -等等 我让你丢人 |
[15:32] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[15:32] | It means there’s a reason | 意思是当初 |
[15:34] | that I didn’t tell anyone that we were dating | 我们约会的头三个月我不肯告诉别人 |
[15:35] | for the first three months of our relationship. | 都是有原因的 |
[15:37] | You said it’s because secrets make it hotter? | 你说是因为保密更性感 |
[15:39] | Well, here’s the truth. I didn’t tell anyone | 实话是 我不告诉任何人 |
[15:41] | because I was popular and the last thing I wanted | 是因为我人气很高 我最不希望 |
[15:43] | was for people to see me with my brother’s puppy dog friend | 别人发现我和我弟的跟屁虫在一起 |
[15:46] | who followed me around for a decade until I caved! | 在他追了我十年后我终于屈服了 |
[15:49] | Well, don’t worry. That ends now. | 别担心 到此结束了 |
[15:59] | After I disowned my mom for ruining things with Jackie, | 我妈毁了我和杰基的感情 我不再理她 |
[16:01] | she decided to try and reconnect with me | 她决定试着重新和我建立联系 |
[16:03] | using the thing I loved most — movies. | 靠我最爱的东西 电影 |
[16:06] | Adam?! Where’d you go?! | 亚当 你去哪了 |
[16:08] | * One, two, Freddy’s coming for you * | *一 二 弗雷迪来抓你了* |
[16:12] | * Three, four, you better lock your door * | *三 四 你最好锁好门* |
[16:16] | Excuse me. Hi, um… | 打扰一下 |
[16:18] | I lost my little baby. | 我的小宝贝走丢了 |
[16:19] | His name’s Adam, goes by “Schmoo.” | 他叫亚当 我都叫他”宝贝” |
[16:22] | Schmoo’s not here. | 宝贝不在这 |
[16:26] | I…take it you work here. | 我猜你是这的工作人员 |
[16:28] | Try again. | 再猜一次 |
[16:29] | Yeah, I don’t have time for games. I lost my son. | 我没时间胡闹 我儿子走丢了 |
[16:33] | Bad mommy lost her little brat. | 坏妈咪的小混蛋丢了 |
[16:37] | I’m sorry, who do you think you are? | 不好意思 你以为你是谁 |
[16:40] | Your worst nightmare. | 你最可怕的噩梦 |
[16:52] | Gotta hide. | 得藏起来 |
[16:54] | What the — | 搞什么 |
[16:55] | my sweaters! | 我的毛衣 |
[16:57] | You got good taste, lady. | 你品味不错 女士 |
[17:04] | Whatever, I don’t care what happens to me. | 随便吧 我不在乎我会遇到什么不幸 |
[17:06] | I’m already living my worst nightmare. | 反正我已经身处最可怕的噩梦中了 |
[17:09] | I-I thought I was doing a — a pretty damn good job here. | 我以为我表现还不错 |
[17:12] | No, you’re great | 不 你很吓人 |
[17:13] | with the knifey hands and the melting-candle face. It’s just… | 尖刀手和融化蜡烛般的脸 只不过 |
[17:18] | Adam said he wished I wasn’t his mother. | 亚当说他希望我不是他母亲 |
[17:20] | Oh, geez. That’s an awful thing to say. | 老天 这话太过分了 |
[17:23] | – I’m-a kill him. – No. | -我去杀了他 -不要 |
[17:25] | The more I think about it, I deserved what Adam said. | 我仔细想了想 亚当这么说是我活该 |
[17:28] | I was terrible to Jackie’s parents. | 我对杰基的父母很过分 |
[17:30] | Parents. Who needs ’em? | 父母 谁需要父母 |
[17:32] | I never knew any of my fathers, | 我一个爹也不认识 |
[17:34] | and I turned out just fine. | 现在还不是很出息 |
[17:36] | I don’t see how that applies to me, | 我看不出这和我有什么关系 |
[17:37] | but I couldn’t stand the Gearys | 不过我不能忍受吉里两口子 |
[17:39] | because of the way they parented. | 是因为他们的育儿方式 |
[17:40] | But, then, they were able to help Adam, and I wasn’t. | 可是 他们却能帮助亚当 我帮不到 |
[17:44] | Eh, this is getting way too touchy-feely for this cowboy. | 对我这个坏小子而言这些太多愁善感了 |
[17:48] | Fxxx it, time to die! | 去他妈的 该死了 |
[17:51] | No. | 不 |
[17:51] | Time to get my fxxxxxx son back. | 该他妈的去把我的儿子追回来了 |
[17:55] | I say the fxxx around here, lady! | 这里只有我能爆粗口 女士 |
[17:57] | Not anymore, Mr. Kroeger. | 不再是了 克罗格先生 |
[18:00] | Krueger! It’s Krueger! | 克鲁格 是克鲁格 |
[18:03] | What? | 咋了 |
[18:04] | What-what happened with the thing? | 那啥咋样了 |
[18:05] | Oh, I had the worst nightmare. | 我做了个最可怕的噩梦 |
[18:07] | I got to go talk to Adam. | 我得去和亚当谈谈 |
[18:09] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:10] | I know you said you didn’t want to talk to me anymore, | 我知道你说过你不想再和我说话了 |
[18:12] | – but I — – It’s fine, all is forgiven! | -可我 -没关系 我原谅你 |
[18:13] | No, it’s not. | 不 有关系 |
[18:13] | I just had this crazy awful dream, | 我刚刚做了一个很可怕的梦 |
[18:16] | – and it made me realize — – Well, live and learn! | -那让我意识到 -活到老学到老 |
[18:18] | Life’s a journey, thanks for popping in! | 人生是场旅程 多谢你特意来一趟 |
[18:20] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[18:21] | Oh, balls. | 见鬼 |
[18:22] | That is my Halloween mask. | 这是我的万圣节面具 |
[18:25] | I’m Garfield. | 我是加菲猫 |
[18:26] | Lasagna. | 意大利面 |
[18:27] | Oh, balls. | 见鬼 |
[18:29] | Oh, hi, Mrs. Goldberg! Is Adam home? | 金伯格太太 亚当在家吗 |
[18:31] | It’s Jackie! | 是杰基 |
[18:32] | Crazy girl! This is my house, not hers. | 疯丫头 这是我家 不是她家 |
[18:35] | Stop talking. | 别说了 |
[18:36] | Yeah, t-this one’s hard to spin. | 是啊 这个场很难圆 |
[18:42] | Trick or Treat. | 不给糖就捣乱 |
[18:43] | You can just take two and be on your way. | 你拿两颗糖就走人吧 |
[18:44] | I don’t want candy, Geoff. | 我不想要糖 杰夫 |
[18:46] | I want to make this right. | 我想弥补过错 |
[18:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[18:48] | You were very clear. I’m an embarrassment. | 你话说得很清楚了 我让你丢人 |
[18:50] | Look, I know I hurt you… | 我知道我伤到了你 |
[18:51] | but I was just lashing out | 但我乱发脾气 |
[18:53] | because I couldn’t admit the truth… | 只是因为我无法承认事实 |
[18:55] | I am embarrassed. Of me. | 我为自己感到丢人 |
[18:59] | Of what I’ve become. | 为现在的我感到丢人 |
[19:01] | A loser who peaked in high school. | 一个在高中后一落千丈的废物 |
[19:02] | Maybe you think saying all that fixes this, | 或许你认为说这些就能弥补 |
[19:05] | but it really doesn’t. | 但真的没用 |
[19:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:07] | But I’m hoping that going with you to that dance does. | 但我希望跟你去舞会能弥补 |
[19:11] | Depends. | 要看情况 |
[19:15] | You ready to make my dreams come true? | 你做好准备让我梦想成真了吗 |
[19:17] | No. | 没有 |
[19:22] | Darn it. | 该死 |
[19:33] | Hi. We’re here to pick up our lying, deceitful daughter | 我们来接我们那个爱说谎 |
[19:36] | who we stupidly trusted. | 我们却盲目信任的女儿 |
[19:37] | Guess you were right. We’re the bad parents. | 看来你是对的 我们是糟糕的父母 |
[19:39] | Go ahead. Rub it in our hippie faces. | 尽管当我们嬉皮士的面嘲笑我们吧 |
[19:41] | No, all I want to do is apologize. | 不 我只想道歉 |
[19:43] | Really? Why? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[19:45] | I was jealous. | 我很嫉妒 |
[19:46] | I thought you were the better parents. | 我以为你们是更好的父母 |
[19:49] | But both our kids are pretty great, | 但我们两家的孩子都很好 |
[19:51] | so maybe there’s more than one right way to raise them. | 所以或许育儿不只有一种正确方法 |
[19:56] | ‘Cause I realized as good as we are with our own kids, | 因为我意识到尽管我们各自都很擅长育儿 |
[19:59] | we’re even better as a team. | 我们组队效果会更好 |
[20:01] | We really are. | 的确如此 |
[20:03] | – I wanted to see Arlo Guthrie. – What? | -当年我想去看阿洛·格思里 -什么 |
[20:05] | Yeah. At Woodstock! | 伍德斯托克音乐节 |
[20:06] | But I had to work, | 可我不得不工作 |
[20:07] | and all my friends got to jam and dance and bongo. | 而我所有的朋友们都可以唱歌跳舞敲手鼓 |
[20:10] | Oh. That sucks, man. I’m sorry. | 那太糟了 伙计 我很遗憾 |
[20:11] | Eh, whattaya gonna do? | 能有什么办法 |
[20:12] | Well, Arlo’s coming to Philly next month. | 阿洛下个月来费城演出 |
[20:14] | I could get us some tickets maybe? | 或许我可以给咱买几张票 |
[20:17] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[20:21] | So often, we’re afraid of things | 我们时常害怕一些事 |
[20:23] | because they’re different from what we know. | 因为那些事与我们熟悉的不一样 |
[20:26] | But when we learn to embrace the unfamiliar, | 但当我们学会拥抱陌生时 |
[20:28] | that’s when we can truly grow, | 我们才能真正成长 |
[20:30] | shed the old versions of ourselves… | 甩掉过去的自己 |
[20:32] | and leave our comfort zone behind. | 抛开熟悉的安全领域 |
[20:34] | ‘Cause in the end, the things that scare us the most | 因为归根结底 我们最害怕的事 |
[20:36] | can bring us closer than we ever imagined. | 能超乎想象地让彼此紧密无间 |
[20:38] | And that’s when our dreams really do come true. | 那时 我们才会真正梦想成真 |
[20:47] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[20:48] | It’s the keyboard — it’s evil! | 这是邪恶的键盘 |
[20:55] | Bad dream. | 做噩梦了 |
[20:57] | Keg’s kicked, pal. | 酒都喝光了 伙计 |
[20:58] | Can you spot me a ride? | 你能开车送我回家吗 |
[20:59] | I guess that’s the responsible thing to do | 我想你喝了这么多真正的啤酒后 |
[21:02] | after you drank all of these very real beers. | 叫人送你是负责的做法 |
[21:06] | – Where do you live? – Paramus. | -你家住哪 -帕拉默斯 |
[21:07] | That’s like two hours away! | 那要开两小时的车 |
[21:08] | Not if we make a pit stop in Secaucus. | 我们在锡考克斯停车休息一下就行 |
[21:11] | I gotto pick up my special protein powder from my protein guy. | 我得从卖蛋白质粉的那取特殊蛋白质粉 |
[21:13] | You’re gonna like that guy. He is ripped. | 你会喜欢他的 他一身肌肉 |
[21:15] | And then, we can go see my aunt Stephanie. | 然后我们可以去看我婶婶史蒂芬妮 |
[21:17] | You’re gonna like her. She’s ripped. | 你会喜欢她的 她一身肌肉 |
[21:19] | Okay, look. The beer is fake. | 听着 那不是真啤酒 |
[21:20] | You’re fine. | 你没喝醉 |
[21:22] | Get home safe. | 安全回家去吧 |