时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | The ’80s sparked some of the most iconic couples ever! | 八十年代催生了一些最具代表性的情侣 |
[00:03] | From Loni and Burt to Goldie and Kurt, | 从络妮与伯特到戈尔迪与库尔特 |
[00:05] | if you acted together, you usually ended up together. | 假如一起演戏 通常会因戏生情 |
[00:08] | And since my ex, Dana, had come back into my life, | 由于我前女友戴娜回到了我的生活中 |
[00:10] | I secretly hoped the fall play would rekindle our romance. | 我暗自希望秋季话剧能重燃我们的爱情 |
[00:13] | Ladies and lords, hold on to your Tudor caps. | 女士们 领主们 稳住你们的都铎礼帽 |
[00:16] | Romeo and Juliet! | 《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 |
[00:18] | Yes! It’s West Side Story | 太棒了 和《西区故事》一样 |
[00:20] | without the fun music or Latino gangs. | 不过没有活泼的歌舞和拉丁裔帮派 |
[00:22] | I haven’t read it yet, but Carla’s always saying | 我还没读过 不过卡拉总是说 |
[00:24] | how we’re totally gonna end up like Romeo and Juliet. | 我们的结局肯定会和罗密欧与朱丽叶一样 |
[00:26] | Oh, boy. | 老天 |
[00:27] | Well, I’m definitely auditioning for Juliet. | 我绝对要试镜朱丽叶的角色 |
[00:29] | And good luck, everyone else, | 那要祝别人好运了 |
[00:30] | ’cause you’re a shoo-in, girlfriend. | 因为你绝对能当选 女朋友 |
[00:32] | Friend that’s a girl. Just girl. | 我的女性朋友 女生 |
[00:34] | You know what you got. | 你知道自己的天赋 |
[00:35] | Have a Romeo in mind? | 心里有罗密欧的人选了吗 |
[00:36] | Who’re we kidding? | 这还用问吗 |
[00:37] | Andrew Gallery crushed it as Romeo | 去年在那个高级艺术夏令营 |
[00:39] | at that fancy arts camp last summer. | 安德鲁・加勒里的罗密欧演得好极了 |
[00:40] | Right. Gallery. | 对了 加勒里 |
[00:42] | Yep, every drama class had one… | 是的 每个戏剧班都有这么一号人 |
[00:44] | Handsome, weirdly confident, and totally unbearable. | 英俊 莫名自信 令人难以忍受 |
[00:48] | I find if I only wash my hair once a month, | 我发现假如我一个月只洗一次头发 |
[00:51] | it gets a natural messiness | 头发自然会很油润 |
[00:52] | that I can’t acquire with a traditional conditioner. | 用传统护发素达不到这种效果 |
[00:54] | You are so brave. | 你真勇敢 |
[00:55] | I want to play a marine one day. | 我想在某天演位海军 |
[00:57] | Apparently he told the Yale theater program | 他居然告诉耶鲁戏剧学院 |
[00:59] | he’d “let them know.” | “有消息通知他们” |
[01:00] | Someone should let him know he’s not all that. | 该有人告诉他 他没那么优秀 |
[01:02] | No way, bro. Gallery checks all the boxes! | 不可能 老兄 加勒里要什么有什么 |
[01:04] | Accept it. | 接受吧 |
[01:05] | There’s just way better people in the world. | 世界上就是有人比我们优秀得多 |
[01:07] | I guess he’s kinda cute. | 我觉得他挺招人喜欢的 |
[01:08] | Anyway, I’m gonna go run lines. | 先不说了 我要去背台词了 |
[01:10] | If Dana lands Juliet | 假如戴娜当选朱丽叶 |
[01:11] | opposite Andrew Gallery, | 跟安德鲁・加勒里演对手戏 |
[01:13] | it will for sure turn into a showmance. | 肯定会因戏生情 |
[01:15] | “Showmance”? | “因戏生情” |
[01:16] | Just because two beautiful teens | 就算两个貌美的青少年 |
[01:17] | spend hours together rehearsing and kissing | 每天花数小时一起排练 接吻 |
[01:19] | in the most romantic play ever doesn’t mean… | 演史上最浪漫的戏剧 不代表 |
[01:22] | – Oh, balls, balls! – Yep. | -糟糕 糟糕 -没错 |
[01:23] | That drab auditorium might as well be The Blue Lagoon, | 那个死气沉沉的礼堂就是《蓝色珊瑚岛》 |
[01:26] | ’cause young love is afoot. | 酝酿着年轻的爱情 |
[01:28] | You’re a foot. | 酝酿你个头 |
[01:29] | You know what? Maybe I’ll try out for Romeo. | 你知道吗 或许我会试镜罗密欧 |
[01:30] | Then you better start learning some Shakespeare. | 那你最好开始研读莎士比亚 |
[01:32] | It’s not exactly the easy-breezy dialogue from ALF. | 对白可不像《家有阿福》那么简单 |
[01:34] | I will get the part and showmance with Dana | 我会得到角色 跟戴娜因戏生情 |
[01:37] | and prove you and everyone else wrong. | 证明你和所有人都错了 |
[01:38] | But, unfortunately, that meant this. | 但不幸的是 那意味着这一幕 |
[01:41] | “O Schmoopie-o, Schmoopie-o, | “宝贝欧 宝贝欧” |
[01:43] | “wherefore art thou, Schmoopie-o?” | “为何你是宝贝欧” |
[01:45] | Mom! Enough with the Schmoopie-o’s! | 妈 别再说什么宝贝欧了 |
[01:46] | Shakespeare would love the way I talk. | 莎士比亚会很欣赏我的说话方式的 |
[01:49] | You know who doesn’t love the way you guys are talking? | 你知道有谁不喜欢你们的说话方式吗 |
[01:50] | – Vic and I. – I don’t mind, Mur. | -维克和我 -我不介意 老默 |
[01:52] | My daughter’s auditioning for that play. | 我女儿也参加了演出试镜 |
[01:55] | Asha? She’s like five years old. | 阿莎 她不是才五岁吗 |
[01:56] | Oh, she was… 11 years ago. | 她十一年前是五岁没错 |
[01:57] | Well, tell Asha to break a leg. | 告诉阿莎我祝她好运 |
[01:59] | I most certainly will not. | 我绝对不会 |
[02:01] | The last thing I want | 我最不想看到的 |
[02:02] | is my sweet angel in some teen raunchfest. | 就是我的小天使去演低俗的青少年话剧 |
[02:06] | Raunchfest? | 低俗 |
[02:07] | That Shakespeare was a grade-A horndog. | 那个莎士比亚就是个超级色情狂 |
[02:10] | There’s no way I’m letting some hormonal Romeo | 我绝对不会允许某个荷尔蒙失控的罗密欧 |
[02:13] | smooch up my little princess. | 乱亲我的小公主 |
[02:15] | Don’t worry about this one landing the role. No offense. | 别担心这家伙会得到角色 无意冒犯 |
[02:18] | Offense taken, taken hard! | 冒犯到我了 非常冒犯 |
[02:20] | Watch me perform Romeo’s death by poison. | 看我表演罗密欧被毒死 |
[02:25] | Thy drugs are quick. | 这毒效真快 |
[02:27] | Oh, no! Thus with a kiss, I die! | 不 就这样一吻 我死了 |
[02:30] | With Mama’s kiss, you live! | 有妈妈一吻 你会活过来 |
[02:34] | If thou goest, then I go, too. | 若你死了 我也不活了 |
[02:36] | Oh, give me that vial. | 把那个小瓶瓶给我 |
[02:37] | You two mind dying in the kitchen? | 你俩介意死到厨房去吗 |
[02:54] | It was October 23, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的十月二十三日 |
[02:56] | and Erica was crushing college academically. | 爱丽卡在大学成绩优异 |
[02:58] | Cheggit! I got another “A” on my sociology midterm. | 看 我社会学期中考又拿了优 |
[03:01] | Another perfect grade? | 又一个满分 |
[03:03] | Your GPA is gonna look like Fonzie on a Friday… | 你的平均分会像周五的人气王方兹一样 |
[03:05] | All “Aaays.” | “赞爆了” |
[03:06] | Yeah, I don’t have time to acknowledge how lame that was. | 我都没时间笑话这比喻有多土 |
[03:08] | Come on, let’s celebrate | 别这样 我们去庆祝 |
[03:09] | by going to one of the many fun hangs on this corkboard. | 在公告板上找个有趣的传单去看看 |
[03:11] | Oh, no! A lost dog? | 不 有狗狗走丢了 |
[03:13] | Snowball is fine, and so am I. No parties. | 雪球没事的 我也没事 我不去派对 |
[03:15] | But all you do is go from your dorm to the classroom | 但你每天只在宿舍教室教室宿舍 |
[03:18] | and back to your dorm. | 两点一线 |
[03:19] | I mean, get out there. Meet some people. | 出去玩玩 认识些朋友 |
[03:21] | And if you do, ask them if they’ve seen | 等认识了朋友 问问他们有没有见过 |
[03:22] | a bichon/pug mix who loves carrots. | 爱吃胡萝卜的比熊和八哥串串 |
[03:26] | Can’t stop! Can’t stop! | 我停不下来了 停不下来了 |
[03:30] | I am so sorry. | 实在太抱歉了 |
[03:32] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[03:33] | This is my first time riding a skateboard. | 这是我第一次滑滑板 |
[03:34] | Yeah, well, a crowded, public space full of strangers | 满是陌生人的热闹公共区域 |
[03:37] | is a perfect place to start. | 最适合初学者了 |
[03:38] | Oh, here, take my sweater. Your knee is bleeding. | 给 你膝盖流血了 用我的毛衣擦擦 |
[03:40] | Wait. Is this cashmere? | 等等 这是羊绒衫吗 |
[03:41] | I don’t want to ruin it with my knee blood. | 别让我膝盖上的血糟蹋了好衣服 |
[03:43] | It’ll give it character. | 会让衣服更有个性的 |
[03:44] | And then some cute guy is gonna come up to me, | 然后某个帅哥会来跟我搭讪 |
[03:45] | and he’ll be like, “Hey, you got blood on your sweater,” | 他会说”你的毛衣沾上血了” |
[03:47] | and I’ll be like, “You’re stupid.” | 我会说”你傻死了” |
[03:48] | And then he’ll be my boyfriend for a few weeks, | 然后我会跟他交往几星期 |
[03:50] | and I will have you to thank. | 那都要感谢你 |
[03:52] | You’re, like, a lot. | 你真是个性鲜明 |
[03:53] | Thanks! I’m Ren. It’s short for Lauren. | 多谢 我叫小伦 是劳伦的昵称 |
[03:55] | I’m Erica. Or Ca? | 我叫爱丽卡 或者小卡 |
[03:57] | Yeah, that doesn’t work. | 好吧 不顺嘴 |
[03:59] | Um, well, it was nice to break your fall. | 等给你当垫背的真开心 |
[04:00] | Don’t look, but there is a guy over there | 别回头 不过那边有个男的 |
[04:02] | who is majorly creeping on you. | 很猥琐地盯着你一直看 |
[04:04] | Oh, yeah. That creeper’s my boyfriend. | 那个猥琐男是我男朋友 |
[04:07] | He wants me to make a friend. | 他想让我交个朋友 |
[04:08] | Tell him you did. | 告诉他你交到了 |
[04:09] | And just like that, over the next few days, | 就这样 在接下来的几天 |
[04:11] | my sister’s first college friendship was born. | 我姐的第一段大学友谊诞生了 |
[04:14] | Erica and Ren checked out local music. | 爱丽卡和小伦去听了当地音乐 |
[04:16] | – College bands suck. – Oh, for sure. | -大学乐队太烂了 -那还用说 |
[04:19] | We’re taking this. | 这个我们拿走了 |
[04:20] | I’ll bring it back when you learn how to use it. | 等你会用了我再还给你 |
[04:22] | Run! | 快跑 |
[04:25] | And then they hit up the campus art scenes. | 然后他们去看了校园艺术展 |
[04:27] | This one is just squiggles. | 这张只有弯弯曲曲的线 |
[04:29] | I posed nude for that. | 我为这张画做了裸模 |
[04:31] | For real? Oh, damn! That’s your butt! | 真的假的 天哪 那是你的屁屁 |
[04:34] | Yep, Erica and Ren were inseparable. | 没错 爱丽卡和小伦亲密无间 |
[04:35] | Nothing could derail their friendship. | 没什么能动摇她们的友情 |
[04:37] | Well, almost nothing. | 但也不是绝对 |
[04:40] | Ooh, are we randomly cursing? Ass! | 我们突然开始骂人了吗 王八蛋 |
[04:42] | No. It’s Parents Weekend. | 不是 是因为父母来访周末 |
[04:43] | I know. I’m stoked. | 我知道 我很激动 |
[04:44] | Gene and Rita are taking me somewhere fancy to eat. | 吉恩和丽塔要带我去高级餐馆吃饭 |
[04:46] | Gene and Rita? That’s so informal. | 吉恩和丽塔 叫得这么随便 |
[04:49] | It’s like you consider them people. | 就像你把他们当成正常人似的 |
[04:50] | Yeah, my mom’s a kickass defense attorney. | 是啊 我妈是很厉害的辩护律师 |
[04:52] | She puts bad people back on the street. | 她让坏人逍遥法外 |
[04:54] | And, uh, my dad owns a couple restaurants in the city. | 我爸在市里有几间餐厅 |
[04:56] | Wow, we have so much in common. | 我们有好多相似之处 |
[04:57] | I mean, my mom could have been a lawyer, | 我妈本可以成为律师 |
[04:59] | and my dad owns something he calls restaurant pants. | 而我爸有种他称之为餐厅专用裤的东西 |
[05:01] | I’m just so glad that my mom and dad | 我只是很庆幸我爸妈 |
[05:03] | aren’t like those psycho parents | 不像那些神经病家长 |
[05:04] | that are in your face all the time. | 不会无时无刻缠着孩子 |
[05:05] | – Totally. – Holy crap. | -那当然 -老天 |
[05:06] | We should all grab brunch together this weekend. | 我们这周末应该一起吃早午餐 |
[05:08] | That is…an idea. | 真是个 主意 |
[05:10] | Here’s the thing… They can never meet you. | 是这样的 你们绝对不能见面 |
[05:12] | What? Why not? | 什么 为什么 |
[05:13] | ‘Cause they were, um… | 因为他们 |
[05:15] | – Lost at sea. – What? | -葬身大海了 -什么 |
[05:17] | Yeah, that’s a real thing that I just told you from my mouth. | 是的 是我刚刚亲口告诉你的事实 |
[05:20] | Oh, my God. Were they, like, on a cruise or something? | 我的天 他们是在游轮上出的事吗 |
[05:22] | Yes. That makes the most sense. | 是的 那听起来最说得通 |
[05:24] | Yeah, they-they were cruising for a bruisin’… | 是的 他们乘上了一艘不幸的游轮 |
[05:26] | And they got one. | 然后遭遇了不幸 |
[05:27] | That must be so hard for you and your brother. | 那对你和你弟弟肯定很艰难 |
[05:30] | Cheggit! Package from Mom. | 快看 老妈寄来的包裹 |
[05:32] | Homemade fudgy crunch bars! | 自制麦粒脆软糖 |
[05:35] | So fudgy in my mouth! | 我嘴里全是软糖 |
[05:37] | How does it go down? | 要怎么咽下去 |
[05:39] | So sticky! | 太黏了 |
[05:41] | Sweet, sad Barry. He just hasn’t accepted it. | 可怜的小巴瑞 他还没有接受现实 |
[05:44] | That is sad. | 确实很可怜 |
[05:45] | As Erica leaned into her lie, | 正当爱丽卡开始撒谎时 |
[05:47] | all I cared about was beating out Andrew Gallery | 我唯一在乎的就是打败安德鲁・加勒里 |
[05:50] | for the lead of Romeo and Juliet. | 成为《罗密欧与朱丽叶》的男一号 |
[05:52] | Dude, you’re Romeo. | 哥们 你当选罗密欧了 |
[05:54] | I know, Dave Kim. | 我知道 金戴夫 |
[05:55] | Romeo kisses Juliet! | 罗密欧会吻朱丽叶 |
[05:57] | I know, Dave Kim! | 我知道 金戴夫 |
[05:58] | And Dana is… | 而戴娜是 |
[06:00] | Lady Montague? | 蒙太古夫人 |
[06:01] | Oh, no, Dave Kim. | 糟糕 金戴夫 |
[06:03] | That means she’s playing my… | 那意味着她演的是我 |
[06:04] | Mom. | 妈 |
[06:05] | – I mean, it could be worse. – Could it? | -这也不算最糟的 -不算吗 |
[06:06] | It’s not like you’re playing my actual mom. | 你又不是演我现实中的妈 |
[06:08] | Even if you were, I’ve heard my dad say more than once | 就算是 我也不止一次听我爸说过 |
[06:10] | that she’s a handsome lady. | 我妈很有魅力 |
[06:11] | And I’ll shut up. | 我闭嘴 |
[06:13] | But if you didn’t get Juliet, who did? | 可假如你没当选朱丽叶 谁当选了 |
[06:15] | There’s my Romeo. | 我的罗密欧在这 |
[06:16] | Asha? Congrats. | 阿莎 恭喜你 |
[06:18] | Dana, you know Asha. Asha, you know Dana. | 戴娜 阿莎 你们互相认识 |
[06:20] | You guys both know each other, so that’s cool. | 你俩彼此认识 这多好 |
[06:22] | Our dads sell furniture together. | 我们的老爸一起卖家具 |
[06:24] | More like they avoid our moms together. | 更像是一起躲着我们老妈 |
[06:26] | You’ll make a great Juliet. | 你肯定能演好朱丽叶 |
[06:28] | So, I have to ask… | 我太好奇了 |
[06:30] | How’d you beat out Andrew Gallery? | 你是怎么打败安德鲁・加勒里的 |
[06:32] | If I had to guess, pure unbridled talent. | 要我猜的话 是靠纯粹肆意的才华 |
[06:34] | Wrong. | 错 |
[06:35] | In the play, Romeo is a confused 15-year-old. | 在戏里 罗密欧是个困惑的十五岁少年 |
[06:38] | I thought Adam would be perfect | 我觉得亚当正适合 |
[06:40] | because he still has the wildly underdeveloped body | 因为他的身体根本没发育完全 |
[06:43] | and crude acting of a young boy. | 还有少年特有的糟烂演技 |
[06:45] | You honor me. | 我很荣幸 |
[06:47] | And a heads-up. | 先提醒你一下 |
[06:48] | My dad’s not too thrilled about me doing this play. | 我爸不太想让我演这出戏 |
[06:50] | Oh, I know. But as a romantic lead, | 我知道 但作为爱情戏男一号 |
[06:53] | I’m prepared to endure the fury of an angry father. | 我准备好忍受愤怒父亲的暴怒了 |
[06:55] | You’re Romeo? | 你演罗密欧 |
[06:58] | But what about your whole thing about handsy Romeos | 可你不是很担心罗密欧会动手动脚 |
[07:01] | smooching up your little princess? | 乱亲你的小公主吗 |
[07:04] | You understand. You’re not a Romeo. | 你得明白 你不是罗密欧的料 |
[07:06] | I was literally cast as Romeo. | 我真真被选中演罗密欧了 |
[07:09] | I couldn’t stand that Vic and my dad thought | 维克和我爸觉得我不像男一号 |
[07:11] | I wasn’t a leading man. | 这让我难以忍受 |
[07:12] | Meanwhile, my sister was leading the charge | 与此同时 我姐正要打头阵 |
[07:14] | to protect her friendship with Ren. | 保护她和小伦的友情 |
[07:16] | Mom and Dad can’t come to Parents Weekend. | 爸妈绝对不能来参加父母来访周末 |
[07:18] | Absolutely not! | 绝对不能 |
[07:20] | Also, why not? | 但为什么不能 |
[07:21] | If tacky, horrible Mom shows up, | 要是俗气可怕的老妈出现 |
[07:23] | Ren will never talk to me again. | 小伦再也不会理我了 |
[07:25] | The friendship you care about | 你在乎的友情 |
[07:26] | hinges on the paper-thin premise you can hide Mom forever. | 全指望你能永远藏着老妈这个不靠谱的前提 |
[07:29] | This is bad for you, too. | 这对你也很不利 |
[07:30] | Do you think potential girlfriends on this campus | 你以为校园里你的潜在女友们 |
[07:32] | will respond well to Beverly Goldberg? | 会怎么看贝弗莉・金伯格 |
[07:34] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[07:36] | You brought it around to me, and now I’m invested. | 你让事情也涉及到我 现在我在乎了 |
[07:38] | What do we do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[07:39] | Parents Weekend starts Saturday. | 父母来访周末周六就开始了 |
[07:41] | What if it didn’t? | 但假如不是呢 |
[07:42] | Parents Thursday? | 父母来访周四 |
[07:43] | What the hell is Parents Thursday? | 父母来访周四是什么玩意 |
[07:44] | Parents Thursday replaces Parents Weekend | 父母来访周四代替了父母来访周末 |
[07:47] | due to an emergency campus renovation. | 因为校园要紧急翻修 |
[07:49] | – Is the tuition going up? – No. | -学费要涨了吗 -没有 |
[07:51] | – Suckers. – Silver lining… | -吓死我了 -不幸中的万幸 |
[07:53] | We have a small window of time this upcoming Thursday. | 你在这周四有个小空档 |
[07:55] | Evening. After dark. | 晚上 天黑以后 |
[07:57] | – We’ll make it work. – I’m out. | -我们会好好利用的 -我不去 |
[07:58] | You know I don’t drive after dark | 你知道我天黑以后不开车 |
[07:59] | unless I like the place I’m going. | 除非我喜欢开车要去的地方 |
[08:01] | Rats. Well, Mom, keep in mind | 真可惜 妈 别忘了 |
[08:03] | that this event is super last-minute, | 这次活动临时改期 |
[08:04] | so most parents won’t be there. | 所以大多数家长都不会去 |
[08:06] | Lucky me. | 我真走运 |
[08:07] | I get my college schmoos and their campus all to myself. | 大学宝贝们和大学校园都是我一个人的 |
[08:11] | And with that, Parents Thursday was a go. | 就这样 父母来访周四行动展开 |
[08:13] | It all kicked off at the ladies’ field hockey equipment closet. | 第一站是女子曲棍球器材柜 |
[08:17] | If we had a key, you’d see a lot of sticks. | 我要是有钥匙 我们就能看到好多球棍 |
[08:19] | Moving on. | 下一站 |
[08:20] | And they did, | 他们去了下一站 |
[08:21] | to a sketchy burrito joint nine miles from campus. | 是距校园十四公里的廉价墨西哥卷饼店 |
[08:23] | We come here all the time. | 我们总来这吃 |
[08:26] | What the hell is a “kimi-conga”? | “炸大卷”是什么玩意 |
[08:27] | Of course, no school tour is complete | 当然 校园之旅不能缺的一站 |
[08:29] | without a stop at the dorm facilities room. | 就是宿舍设备间 |
[08:31] | I push these buttons all the time. | 我总来按这些按钮 |
[08:35] | And the final stop of our Parents Thursday tour, | 父母来访周四之旅最后一站 |
[08:38] | the majestic parking lot. | 雄伟的停车场 |
[08:40] | All right, see you at Thanksgiving. | 好了 感恩节见 |
[08:42] | Okay. | 那好 |
[08:43] | Success! Erica and Barry had pulled it off. | 大成功 爱丽卡和巴瑞做到了 |
[08:47] | Or not. | 并没有 |
[08:48] | Parents Thursday? Really? | 他妈的父母来访周四 骗傻子呢 |
[08:50] | – She knows. – You know? | -她知道了 -你知道了 |
[08:51] | Of course I know. | 我当然知道了 |
[08:53] | Erica made me do it! | 是爱丽卡逼我的 |
[08:54] | She’s the mastermind. | 她才是幕后主使 |
[08:56] | Barry good. Erica bad. | 巴瑞是好孩子 爱丽卡是坏孩子 |
[08:58] | Mom, look, it’s not a big deal. | 妈 这没什么大不了的 |
[09:00] | I just don’t really want you here. | 我只是真心不想让你来学校 |
[09:02] | You get it. | 你懂的 |
[09:05] | I guess I do. | 我想我懂 |
[09:07] | I accept it. | 我接受 |
[09:08] | What? But you never just accept it. | 什么 但你从不会轻松接受 |
[09:11] | Good evening, gentle daughter. | 晚安 温柔的女儿 |
[09:12] | No, don’t be cordial. | 不 不要如此热情友好 |
[09:14] | What’s your next move, lady? I need to know! | 你下一步行动是什么 女士 我必须知道 |
[09:16] | Oh, no, this is terrible! | 不 太糟糕了 |
[09:18] | She has my burrito in her car! | 我的卷饼还在她车上 |
[09:19] | Erica knew something was up with my mom. | 爱丽卡知道我妈肯定在计划什么 |
[09:21] | Meanwhile, Romeo’s big kiss with Juliet was about to go down. | 与此同时 罗密欧与朱丽叶的吻戏即将上演 |
[09:25] | Saints do not move, though grant for prayers’ sake. | 天使不会动 但允准你的祷告 |
[09:28] | Then move not, while my prayer’s effect I take. | 那便不动 请容我把殊恩受领 |
[09:34] | My kiss with Asha got a little hot and heavy. | 我与阿莎的吻有点热辣猛烈 |
[09:37] | Okay, a lot. | 好吧 是非常 |
[09:38] | And I wasn’t the only one who felt that way. | 不只我一个人有那种感觉 |
[09:40] | Damn! | 要命了 |
[09:41] | Okay! All right! All right! No more! | 好了 够了够了 别亲了 |
[09:43] | That’s enough. That’s enough. | 够了 够了 |
[09:44] | Adam, I knew you were the right choice, | 亚当 我就知道选你没选错 |
[09:46] | because that was sensuous. | 因为这一吻充满肉欲 |
[09:49] | Thanks, I think. | 我姑且说谢谢吧 |
[09:50] | We’re children, so it’s a little weird. | 我们还是孩子 你这么说有点别扭 |
[09:51] | It was spicy, like a Cuban night. | 像古巴的夜晚一样辛辣十足 |
[09:53] | That’s not much better. | 那么说也没好到哪去 |
[09:55] | I mean, it’s like I just came out of a Turkish sauna! | 我就像刚蒸过土耳其桑拿一样 |
[09:57] | Uh, would you mind if we took that from the top? | 你介意我们再从头练一遍吗 |
[09:59] | I’d love another shot. | 我很想再来一次 |
[10:00] | Or we could just move on, maybe. | 或许我们可以练下一幕 |
[10:02] | That’s a good idea, Lady Montague. | 好主意 蒙太古夫人 |
[10:04] | Let’s take ten and regroup. | 我们休息十分钟再集合 |
[10:05] | I need to air out my directing scarf. | 我得晾晾我这导演围巾 |
[10:08] | Dude, this is better than you could have ever imagined. | 哥们 这比你想象得还好 |
[10:11] | All the kissing’s making Dana crazy, | 你们排练吻戏让戴娜很嫉妒 |
[10:12] | and Asha’s clearly into you now, too. | 而阿莎显然也很喜欢你 |
[10:14] | You think Asha’s into me? | 你认为阿莎喜欢我 |
[10:15] | Have you seen her notebook? | 你没看到她的笔记本吗 |
[10:16] | – It’s got “AG” written all over it. – I’m “AG.” | -上面写满了”AG” -我名字缩写就是”AG” |
[10:19] | I only signed up for this play | 我决定参演这出戏 |
[10:20] | to stop Dana from kissing that handsome douche, | 只是为了阻止戴娜和那个英俊混蛋接吻 |
[10:22] | and now I’m the handsome douche. | 现在我成了英俊混蛋 |
[10:24] | You’re gonna be a theater department legend, | 你会成为剧团的传奇人物 |
[10:26] | right up there with that guy | 跟那个在演《猫》时 |
[10:28] | who freed all the cats during Cats, | 放走了所有的猫 |
[10:29] | and then they couldn’t catch all the cats, | 结果他们没把猫都抓回来 |
[10:31] | so now we can’t do Cats anymore. | 让我们没有猫演《猫》的人一样 |
[10:32] | Take that, Vic and Dad. I am a threat. | 怎么样 维克和老爸 我也是个威胁 |
[10:34] | Hey, Susie. I just popped by to pick up Asha. | 苏珊 我是来接阿莎的 |
[10:37] | How’s the play going? | 你们还在排练吗 |
[10:39] | Well, let’s just say that Romeo and Juliet | 姑且说罗密欧和朱丽叶 |
[10:42] | are taking advantage of their very palpable chemistry. | 好好利用了他们之间明显的火花 |
[10:45] | – Palpable? – I know. Seems unlikely. | -明显 -是啊 出乎意料 |
[10:47] | Asha and Goldberg’s kid? | 阿莎和金伯格的儿子 |
[10:49] | Let’s just say when I closed my eyes and opened them, | 姑且说当我闭上双眼再睁开 |
[10:50] | I was in Verona, and true love was in the air. | 我仿佛置身维罗那 空气中弥漫着真爱 |
[10:53] | Nuh-uh! | 不行 |
[10:54] | Asha’s involvement in this burlesque show is a big no! | 我就不该让阿莎参与这出滑稽戏 |
[11:01] | Oh, boy. | 老天 |
[11:04] | After finding out about our hot and heavy rehearsal, | 得知我们的排练有多热辣猛烈后 |
[11:06] | Vic was living out his own tragedy. | 维克正在体验他的悲剧 |
[11:08] | So, it’s been brought to my attention | 好吧 我注意到 |
[11:11] | that Ms. Cinoman has decided to put on | 辛诺曼老师决定上演一场 |
[11:13] | an R-rated version of Romeo and Juliet. | 限制级的《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 |
[11:17] | It’s just a kiss. | 一个吻而已 |
[11:19] | That is not how you described it. | 你可不是这么形容的 |
[11:20] | The heat around them made the air buckle. | 他们热辣得扭曲了空气 |
[11:24] | See? Teenage air-buckling and whatnot. | 你瞧 青少年竟然扭曲空气什么的 |
[11:26] | Whatnot! | 什么的 |
[11:27] | Excuse me. Why am I here? | 打扰一下 为什么叫我来 |
[11:28] | Because your child is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. | 因为你儿子是披着羊皮的狼 |
[11:31] | Cinoman confirmed. | 辛诺曼可以证实 |
[11:33] | Turbulent blood did fill my heart. | 确实让汹涌的血液充满了我的心 |
[11:35] | Damn it, Mur. | 该死的 老默 |
[11:35] | You agreed your son wasn’t a threat. | 你也认同你儿子构不成威胁 |
[11:38] | We even shared a chuckle about how wildly unmasculine he is. | 我们甚至还一起笑话他毫无男性魅力 |
[11:42] | Well, maybe the problem isn’t my son. | 或许问题不在我儿子 |
[11:45] | It’s your daughter. | 而在于你女儿 |
[11:46] | Asha was attacked by that four-eyed dorkus. | 阿莎被那个四眼呆瓜侵犯了 |
[11:49] | “Dorkus”? | “呆瓜” |
[11:50] | Oh, you heard me. | 你听得很清楚 |
[11:51] | The kid is a doof. | 那孩子就是个呆子 |
[11:53] | I should really jump in here, | 你真的该在这打断你们 |
[11:55] | or just see where this is going. | 或是继续看你们能吵成什么样 |
[11:57] | I forbid your son from stage-Frenching my daughter! | 我禁止你儿子在台上法式热吻我女儿 |
[12:00] | I forbid your daughter from stage-Frenching my son! | 我禁止你女儿在台上法式热吻我儿子 |
[12:04] | Is anyone else picking up on the irony of this situation? | 你们都没注意到此情此景有多讽刺吗 |
[12:07] | Rival families torn apart by their children’s love. | 两家死对头因为儿女的恋情决裂 |
[12:10] | Just say the words, Susan. | 你就直说吧 苏珊 |
[12:12] | This is Romeo and Juliet. | 这就是《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 |
[12:14] | Nobody’s ever heard of that show. | 从没人听说过那出戏 |
[12:15] | What are you even talking about? | 你在胡说八道些什么 |
[12:16] | I demand you cancel the play, Principal Bald. | 我要求你取消演出 秃尔校长 |
[12:20] | It’s Ball. | 是鲍尔 |
[12:21] | And I would if I could, | 我要是有得选就答应你 |
[12:22] | but the community-service kids are already painting sets. | 但做社区服务的孩子们已经在画布景了 |
[12:26] | Then I demand you remove all the romance kissing | 那我要求你删掉所有浪漫吻戏 |
[12:29] | and-and randy language. | 以及下流语言 |
[12:31] | I could do that. | 这我能做到 |
[12:32] | Earl! You can’t rewrite Shakespeare! | 厄尔 你不能改写莎士比亚 |
[12:34] | One would think, but look at me go. | 常人都会这么想 但我改给你看 |
[12:37] | Bye-bye, that bit. | 这一节再见 |
[12:39] | Please. Now they’re just star-crossed pals? | 拜托 现在他俩只是成命运多舛的朋友了 |
[12:40] | Let’s play it safe | 我们更安全一点 |
[12:41] | and make ’em star-crossed business colleagues. | 把他们写成命运多舛的业界同僚 |
[12:44] | And so it would be a romance-free Romeo and Juliet. | 也就是没有恋爱情节的《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 |
[12:47] | Meanwhile, my sister knew my mom wouldn’t let her free | 与此同时 我姐知道关于父母来访的事 |
[12:49] | on Parents Weekend that easily. | 我妈绝不会那么轻易放过她 |
[12:51] | Okay, if I make this, I live forever | 好 这球投中我就能永生 |
[12:53] | and Dian Parkinson from The Price is Right | 《价格猜猜猜》的黛安・帕金森 |
[12:56] | becomes my live-in girlfriend. | 会成为我的同居女友 |
[12:59] | Doesn’t count! | 这次不算 |
[13:00] | Will you shut up? | 你闭嘴行吗 |
[13:01] | Okay, shouldn’t you be celebrating? | 我们不是该庆祝吗 |
[13:02] | You don’t have to spend the weekend with Mom. | 你这周末不必应付老妈了 |
[13:04] | No! You think that she’s just gonna let Parents Thursday go? | 不 你以为她会放过父母来访周四的事吗 |
[13:07] | She’s coming for me. She’s coming hard. | 她会来报复我的 她会猛烈地报复 |
[13:09] | It’s your mama! | 妈妈来了 |
[13:10] | Lady Vengeance has come. | 复仇女神来了 |
[13:12] | Oh, no. Your dread was justified. | 不 你的恐惧都是有理由的 |
[13:13] | Happy Parents Weekend. | 父母来访周末快乐 |
[13:15] | Erica said you were upset, | 爱丽卡说你很生气 |
[13:17] | but your wrapped gifts and cheery tone say otherwise. | 可你包好的礼物和欢快的语调不像生气 |
[13:19] | Not buying it. What’s your game, Mom? | 我不信 你耍什么把戏 老妈 |
[13:21] | I am a mom, strange girl, just not yours. | 我是一个老妈 陌生的女孩 但不是你妈 |
[13:24] | She’s pretending to not be your mom to get back at you. | 她假装不是你妈 以此报复你 |
[13:26] | Yeah, thanks, Geoff. Good add. | 谢了 杰夫 解说得好 |
[13:28] | I’m just here to celebrate Parents Weekend | 我只是来庆祝父母来访周末的 |
[13:30] | with my one child who attends this university. | 来看我在这所大学唯一的孩子 |
[13:33] | She’s wearing a sweater that’s so sparkly and vindictive. | 她穿了件亮闪闪的复仇毛衣 |
[13:36] | Why are you just saying the things we can all see? | 你为什么要解说我们都看得到的事情 |
[13:38] | And you should know that I’m not done by a long shot. | 要知道我这才刚刚开始 |
[13:40] | Whatever. | 随便 |
[13:42] | Your lame attempt to divide us won’t work. | 你挑拨离间的蹩脚企图是行不通的 |
[13:43] | The sibling bond is stronger than any… | 手足的羁绊是最强大的 |
[13:46] | What the hell, dude? | 搞什么 哥们 |
[13:47] | Sorry, strange girl, | 抱歉 陌生的女孩 |
[13:48] | but material goods and homemade treats have won me over. | 但物质和自制美食成功拉拢了我 |
[13:52] | These have peanut butter! | 这里面有花生酱 |
[13:53] | And butterscotch. | 还有奶油糖 |
[13:54] | Who’s ready to be spoiled by Mama? | 有谁想被妈妈惯坏 |
[13:56] | Me. | 我 |
[13:58] | Just know, no matter how hard you try, | 告诉你 无论你多努力 |
[14:00] | you will never make me jealous. | 永远不会让我嫉妒 |
[14:02] | And try my mom did. | 我妈是真的很努力 |
[14:03] | Look! Mom foolishly got me a bank account. | 看 老妈愚蠢地给我开了银行账户 |
[14:06] | Mom got me more fancy horse shirts | 老妈给我买了高级名牌上衣 |
[14:09] | than one boy could ever need. | 多得我这辈子也穿不完 |
[14:10] | Mom got me a semester’s worth of frozen pizza. | 老妈给我买了够吃一学期的冻披萨 |
[14:12] | And the gifts only got bigger from there. | 礼物的分量变得越来越重 |
[14:14] | Oh, Parents Weekend is the best. | 父母来访周末最棒了 |
[14:16] | I got a pinball machine | 老妈给我买了弹球机 |
[14:17] | that makes it nearly impossible to open my closet. | 让我几乎没办法打开衣柜 |
[14:19] | Your feeble attempt to make me feel bad is sad | 你想让我难过的薄弱手段很可悲 |
[14:22] | and will bankrupt your husband. | 还会让你丈夫破产 |
[14:23] | Do you hear something, Barry, | 你听到什么声音了吗 巴瑞 |
[14:25] | something squeaky and unappreciative? | 有个尖锐又不知感恩的声音 |
[14:27] | That was Erica. She’s there. | 是爱丽卡 她坐在那边 |
[14:29] | And you know what else? | 再告诉你 |
[14:30] | I’m hanging out with my new friend Ren, | 我要去找我的新朋友小伦了 |
[14:32] | who has cool, not-crazy parents. | 她很酷 家长也没有神经病 |
[14:34] | Stupid family-sized fridge. | 烦人的全家用大冰箱 |
[14:36] | Okay, people, please refer to the changes | 好了 大伙 请参阅更改 |
[14:38] | in Romeo and Juliet: | 《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 |
[14:40] | A Tale of Platonic Office Associates. | 《柏拉图办公室同事的故事》 |
[14:43] | But soft! | 轻声 |
[14:44] | What light through yonder window breaks? | 那边窗户里亮起的是什么光 |
[14:46] | It is the east, and my…pal from accounting is the sun. | 那是东方 而我会计部的伙伴就是太阳 |
[14:50] | Parting with my bud over in H.R. is such sweet sorrow, | 和人事部的伙计别离是甜蜜的忧伤 |
[14:54] | that I shall say good night till it be morrow…bud. | 我要说晚安直到天明 伙计 |
[15:01] | What do they even do at this office? | 这办公室到底是干什么的 |
[15:03] | General business. | 普通业务 |
[15:05] | Now, stop asking questions | 别再问问题了 |
[15:06] | and start stealing Tybalt’s yogurt from the break room. | 快去休息室偷提伯特的酸奶 |
[15:08] | I’m too handsome for this. | 我这么帅不能演这种破烂 |
[15:10] | – I’m out. – No! | -我退出 -不 |
[15:11] | We can’t lose our Mercutio, the mid-level executive! | 我们不能没有莫枯修 他可是中层主管 |
[15:13] | Yeah, I quit, too. | 我也退出 |
[15:15] | My showmance was slipping away. | 我的因戏生情要没戏了 |
[15:16] | I had to do something. | 我必须做点什么 |
[15:18] | Asha, wait. | 阿莎 等等 |
[15:19] | I’m really sorry about how our dads ruined Shakespeare. | 我们的老爸毁了莎士比亚 我很遗憾 |
[15:21] | Yeah, they’re the worst. | 是啊 他们最烦人了 |
[15:23] | But I still think you should do it. | 但我还是觉得你不该退出 |
[15:24] | What’s the point? | 还有什么意义 |
[15:25] | Well, even though they cut our kiss, | 虽然他们删了吻戏 |
[15:27] | we can still share… | 但我们还有 |
[15:29] | Whatever this is. | 我们的之间的这份 |
[15:30] | This? | 这份 |
[15:32] | Our chemistry. | 这份火花 |
[15:33] | Wait. Wait. Wait. Do you think I’m into you? | 等等等等 你以为我喜欢你吗 |
[15:36] | – You’re not? – No. | -你不喜欢吗 -不喜欢 |
[15:37] | But you wrote “AG” all over your notebook. | 可你的笔记本上写满了”AG” |
[15:39] | Andrew Gallery? | 安德鲁・加勒里 |
[15:42] | I guess I’m not the only person with my initials. | 看来和我名字缩写一样的不止一个人 |
[15:44] | I’m so sorry, Adam. | 真不好意思 亚当 |
[15:46] | And then it got even worse. | 然后情况变得更糟了 |
[15:49] | Guess who’s your new Juliet. | 猜猜谁是新的朱丽叶 |
[15:50] | Oh, cool. | 真不错 |
[15:53] | Oh, I thought you’d be more excited. | 我以为你会更激动一点 |
[15:55] | I’m sorry. I’m just… Forget it. | 抱歉 我只是 算了 |
[15:57] | It’s about someone else. | 是因为别人 |
[15:58] | Yeah. I’m getting that feeling. | 是啊 我感觉到了 |
[16:01] | While both of my showmances quickly fell apart, | 正当我的两段恋情都迅速告吹时 |
[16:04] | my mom was still determined to break Erica on Parents Weekend. | 我妈仍下定决心在父母来访周末击败爱丽卡 |
[16:07] | Excuse me, random coeds. | 打扰一下 不认识的女生 |
[16:08] | Are these seats taken? | 这些座位有人坐吗 |
[16:09] | Oh, God. Yes. They’re very much taken. | 老天 是的 有人坐 |
[16:12] | I’m sorry. My-My parents are coming. | 不好意思 我父母就快来了 |
[16:14] | Oh, that’s fine. We’ll just sit here until they arrive. | 没关系 我们就坐到他们来 |
[16:16] | Barry, over here. | 巴瑞 这边 |
[16:18] | Wait. Isn’t that your brother? | 等等 那不是你弟弟吗 |
[16:19] | Is it? No, I think I would know. | 是吗 不 是我弟我会认出来的 |
[16:21] | I told Mom where you were. | 我告诉老妈你在哪 |
[16:23] | She bought me a snowmobile. | 她给我买了辆雪地摩托 |
[16:24] | I’m sorry. I am so confused. | 不好意思 我很困惑 |
[16:27] | It’s a vehicle you drive on snow. | 是在雪上开的摩托 |
[16:29] | It’s right there in the name. | 名字说得很清楚了 |
[16:30] | Uh, no. This is your mom? | 不 这是你妈吗 |
[16:32] | I-I thought you were lost at sea. | 你不是葬身大海了吗 |
[16:34] | I’m lost at sea? | 我葬身大海了 |
[16:36] | Yes, because it’s better than the truth… | 是的 因为那样说也比真相好 |
[16:38] | That you’re a crazy person intent on ruining my life. | 你是个想毁掉我人生的疯婆子 |
[16:41] | You’d rather have my lifeless body | 你宁愿我变成没有生命的尸体 |
[16:43] | bobbing in the ocean | 在海里浮浮沉沉 |
[16:44] | than spend one lousy day with me at your college? | 也不愿跟我在校园里随便过一天 |
[16:47] | Let’s go, Barry. | 我们走 巴瑞 |
[16:50] | Mom, is my burrito still in your car? | 妈 我的卷饼还在你车里吗 |
[16:53] | I’m sorry about that. | 对于这一切我很抱歉 |
[16:54] | My mom is just always on top of me. | 我妈总是缠着我不放 |
[16:57] | With the visits and constant attention, | 总来看我 无时无刻不关注我 |
[16:59] | it’s too much. | 让人受不了 |
[17:00] | Well, my parents aren’t even here. | 我父母来都不来 |
[17:03] | At least you get along, and, you know, they’re cool. | 至少你们关系很好 他们很酷 |
[17:05] | So cool they forgot to even show up. | 酷到忘记来看我 |
[17:09] | Wait. They’re not coming? | 等等 他们不来了吗 |
[17:10] | This happens all the time | 他们总是这样 |
[17:12] | ’cause funny thing is that they don’t care. | 因为滑稽的是 他们根本不在乎 |
[17:15] | But clearly your mom does. | 但你妈妈显然很在乎你 |
[17:18] | I don’t think you know how good you have it. | 我觉得你根本不知道自己有多幸福 |
[17:28] | After being driven away by Erica, | 在被爱丽卡驱逐后 |
[17:30] | my mom was wrapping up the worst Parents Weekend ever. | 我妈正打算结束史上最糟心的父母来访周末 |
[17:33] | Pinball! Pinball! Pinball! | 弹球 弹球 弹球 |
[17:35] | Pinball! Pinball! Yes! | 弹球 弹球 太棒了 |
[17:36] | Barry! It’s a lot. | 巴瑞 过头了 |
[17:39] | I know. I almost broke my high score from this morning. | 我知道 几乎打破了今早的纪录 |
[17:43] | Oh, don’t worry. I’m just leaving. | 别担心 我很快就走 |
[17:44] | – Mom, stay. – Pinball! Pinball! Yes! | -妈 别走 -弹球 弹球 太棒了 |
[17:48] | I never should’ve made up Parents Thursday. | 我真不该编造父母来访周四的事 |
[17:51] | Not to mention the whole “lost at sea” thing. | 跟别提整个”葬身大海”的谎言了 |
[17:54] | That was a nice touch. | 那真是”锦上添花” |
[17:55] | Look, it took me a long time to make my first college friend, | 我用了很久才在大学交到第一个朋友 |
[17:58] | and I was worried you’d scare her off. | 我很担心她会被你吓跑 |
[18:01] | Scare her off? | 被我吓跑 |
[18:02] | You can be… overwhelming. | 你有时 来势汹汹 |
[18:04] | Pinball! Pinball! Pinball! Yes! | 弹球 弹球 太棒了 |
[18:06] | – Damn it, Barry. – I’m taking the pinball away. | -见鬼 巴瑞 -我要没收弹球机 |
[18:09] | I know, but you not wanting me in your life | 我知道 可你不想让我参与你的生活 |
[18:11] | is the worst pain a mama can have. | 是一个母亲能体会的最大的痛苦 |
[18:14] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[18:15] | And the truth is, I love how much you care, | 说实话 我很爱你如此在乎的样子 |
[18:19] | even if sometimes it’s a lot. | 哪怕有时候过于在乎了 |
[18:21] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:22] | More than you know. | 远超你的想象 |
[18:25] | So, Parents Weekend isn’t over. | 父母来访周末还没结束 |
[18:28] | Maybe you want to grab dinner with me and my new friend Ren? | 或许你想跟我和我新朋友小伦一起吃晚饭 |
[18:31] | That would be perfect. | 那就太完美了 |
[18:35] | It’s easy to be scared of pushing someone new in your life away. | 害怕吓跑人生中的新伙伴非常普遍 |
[18:38] | But then you remember the people closest to you | 可稍后你会想起 你最亲近的人 |
[18:41] | will always back you up. | 永远会支持你 |
[18:42] | Hey, uh, shouldn’t you be putting on the tights or whatever? | 你不是该换紧身衣之类的吗 |
[18:45] | I’m not doing the dumb play. | 我不去演那傻话剧了 |
[18:47] | – Why not? – Asha was just using me. | -为什么 -阿莎只是在利用我 |
[18:50] | Then I screwed up with Dana. Now I got nothing. | 然后我又惹戴娜生气了 我什么都没了 |
[18:55] | You know, I read this thing. | 要知道 我读了这本书 |
[18:58] | You read Romeo and Juliet? | 你读了《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 |
[19:00] | There’s only one difference between you and Romeo. | 你与罗密欧只有一点不一样 |
[19:02] | He had his heart set on one girl. | 他一心只想着一个姑娘 |
[19:04] | I guess I did get a little carried away. | 或许我是有些误入歧途了 |
[19:06] | Yeah. Young love is difficult. | 是啊 年轻的恋情很难应付 |
[19:09] | Totally. | 没错 |
[19:10] | If you stay patient, you’ll meet your Juliet. | 假如你耐心些 你会遇到自己的朱丽叶 |
[19:14] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢了 爸 |
[19:16] | Also, I talked to Principal Ball. | 还有 我和鲍尔校长谈过了 |
[19:18] | He’s gonna let the play go back to the original Shakespeare. | 他会让你们演莎士比亚原本的剧本 |
[19:21] | You did that? Why? | 你和他谈了 为什么 |
[19:22] | Because my son is starring as Romeo, | 因为我儿子要演罗密欧 |
[19:26] | and I wouldn’t miss that for anything. | 我不会为任何理由错过演出 |
[19:30] | That night, my dad convinced me | 那晚 我爸说服我 |
[19:32] | I could be a leading man. | 我也可以演男一号 |
[19:33] | I just had to remember why I did this in the first place. | 我只需要记起当初为什么来试镜 |
[19:40] | Look, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[19:41] | I didn’t mean to make you feel like some runner-up. | 我不是故意让你觉得自己是备胎 |
[19:44] | Whatever. I get it. | 随便吧 我懂的 |
[19:46] | The truth is, I only tried out for the play | 说实话 我参加试镜的唯一理由 |
[19:48] | so you wouldn’t end up with Andrew Gallery. | 就是不想让你跟加勒里演对手戏 |
[19:50] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[19:51] | It’s stupid, I know. | 我知道这很蠢 |
[19:53] | No, it’s sweet. | 不 很贴心 |
[19:55] | And if we’re being honest, | 既然我们在互诉衷肠 |
[19:56] | seeing you kiss Asha made me extra bummed I wasn’t Juliet. | 见到你吻阿莎让我格外郁闷我不是朱丽叶 |
[20:00] | All right, places! Places, everyone! Come on! | 好了 各就各位 快点 |
[20:02] | Oh, crap! We’re not in business casual? | 糟糕 我们不穿商务休闲装了吗 |
[20:07] | Guess I’ll see you out there. | 我们台上见 |
[20:08] | – Break a leg. – You too. | -祝你好运 -你也是 |
[20:10] | Life has a funny way of bringing familiar faces | 在我们最需要时 生活总能出其不意 |
[20:12] | back into our lives right when we need it most. | 让熟悉的面庞重回我们的生活 |
[20:15] | And then there’s those new faces | 还有那些新面孔 |
[20:16] | who can help make our lives complete. | 会帮助我们的人生更完整 |
[20:19] | I’d waited three long years to kiss Dana again. | 我苦等了三年才再次吻到戴娜 |
[20:22] | If we were meant to be, this moment would say it all. | 若我们是命中注定 这一刻就能说明一切 |
[20:28] | And I didn’t feel anything. | 可我什么感觉都没有 |
[20:31] | That’s a swing and a miss. | 失误了 |
[20:33] | Shakespeare was right. | 莎士比亚是对的 |
[20:34] | Young love is totally complicated. | 年轻的恋情非常复杂 |
[20:37] | And I was a long way from figuring it out. | 我还要好久才能找到答案 |
[20:50] | Then I defy you, stars! | 那我就要逆天改命 |
[20:52] | Thus with a kiss… | 这一吻 |
[21:01] | I’m here to apologize. | 我是来道歉的 |
[21:02] | I may have said some untoward things about you. | 我说了些不该说的话骂你 |
[21:05] | Being a goober, a spaz, | 说你是傻瓜 笨蛋 |
[21:06] | a weenie, a total buttweed. | 小鸡崽 小王八羔子 |
[21:08] | Yeah. I don’t need a whole recap. | 你不用跟我全重复一遍 |
[21:09] | I also said that your flimsy, unformed child body | 我还说你脆弱 没发育好的小男孩体格 |
[21:12] | was not only shapeless, | 不仅松垮无形 |
[21:14] | but weak and gross. | 还柔弱恶心 |
[21:15] | I kinda have to get to class. | 我得去上课了 |
[21:16] | Additionally, I spoke of your manly prowess as a joke. | 另外 我说你的男子气概是个笑话 |
[21:19] | You know who you should really meet? | 你知道你该去找谁吗 |
[21:20] | Asha! Andrew! | 阿莎 安德鲁 |
[21:23] | Well, who in the hell is this smiling simpleton? | 这个傻笑的弱智又是谁 |
[21:25] | Okay, then. You three have fun. | 那好 你们三个玩得开心点 |