时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:15] | Can we do this later, Eli? | 回头再说行吗 伊莱 |
[00:16] | I’m sorry I’m late; traffic was crazy. | 抱歉我迟到了 路上太堵 |
[00:19] | Peter wanted me to check out this house | 彼得让我在上班路上 |
[00:20] | on my way in to work, so, please? | 来看房 所以拜托别说了 |
[00:22] | No, wait. I just wanted to warn you: | 别 等等 我只是想提醒你 |
[00:24] | The press might call. | 记者可能会来电话找你 |
[00:25] | Wendy Scott-Carr’s husband is doing | 温迪·斯科特-卡尔的丈夫 |
[00:27] | his spousal interview with kids. | 正带着孩子接受配偶访谈 |
[00:29] | We discussed this, Eli; I’m not gonna do an interview. | 我们谈过此事 伊莱 我不打算接受采访 |
[00:31] | I know. I-I didn’t say anything. | 我知道 我不是那意思 |
[00:32] | I’m just saying, you might get a call. | 只是跟你说 可能会有记者给你打电话 |
[00:34] | I’m going now. | 我要挂了 |
[00:35] | No, wait. | 别 等等 |
[00:35] | You and the kids are coming | 你和孩子们 |
[00:37] | to the Hyra tomorrow night for the returns, right? | 明天晚上会参加宴会 对吧 |
[00:39] | – I am. – Not the kids? | -我会来 -孩子们不来? |
[00:40] | Good-bye, Eli. | 再见 伊莱 |
[00:44] | It’s a four-bedroom, five-and-a-half-bath | 四个卧室 五个半卫生间 |
[00:47] | 1933 colonial revival. | 1933年的殖民地复兴风格 |
[00:49] | Stanley Myers interior. | 斯坦·迈耶做的内部装修 |
[00:52] | Beautiful, isn’t it? | 很美 是吧 |
[00:54] | It is. | 是的 |
[00:55] | You have to see the formal dining room. | 你一定要看看正餐室 |
[00:57] | Original hardwood floors. | 原版硬木地板 |
[00:59] | 2.4 million, but I’m pretty sure I can get them down to 2.1. | 要价240万 不过我有把握砍到210万 |
[01:03] | It’s a quiet neighborhood, close to very good schools, | 社区很宁静 临近的学校非常好 |
[01:05] | public and private. | 公立的私立的都有 |
[01:07] | It’s a divorce, so they’re very motivated. | 房主在办离婚 所以很愿意卖 |
[01:11] | So the vote’s tomorrow, huh? | 明天就投票了 |
[01:12] | Mrs. State’s attorney. | 州检察官夫人 |
[01:14] | Sorry, is that jinxing it? | 抱歉 太早祝贺你不会觉得扫兴吧 |
[01:16] | Excuse me a moment. | 抱歉 |
[01:18] | Alicia Florrick. | 我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[01:19] | Mrs. Florrick, hello. | 福瑞克太太 你好 |
[01:20] | This is Andrew Wiley. | 我是安德鲁·怀利 |
[01:21] | I’m an investigator with the state’s attorney’s office. | 州检察官办公室的调查员 |
[01:24] | I’m a little busy, Mr… | 我有点忙 您是? |
[01:25] | Wiley. | 怀利先生 |
[01:26] | I won’t keep you. | 不会耽误你太多时间 |
[01:27] | I just need to ask you | 我得问你几个 |
[01:28] | a few questions about my investigation. | 关于我调查的问题 |
[01:30] | I was told that investigation was concluded, Mr. Wiley. | 我听说那个调查已经结束了 怀利先生 |
[01:33] | Yeah, well, the Kalinda Sharma investigation was concluded. | 是的 对凯琳达·夏尔马的调查结束了 |
[01:36] | This is a new one. | 这是另外一个 |
[01:37] | Uh, when can we talk? | 什么时候能跟您谈谈 |
[01:38] | Well, I’m… | 我 |
[01:39] | That’s my call-waiting. | 有个电话等着 |
[01:41] | Why don’t you– I’ll have my assistant call. | 你何不 我让我的助手跟你联系 |
[01:42] | Okay. When? | 好 什么时候 |
[01:44] | Soon. | 尽快吧 |
[01:46] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[01:47] | Hello, Mrs. Florrick. | 你好 福瑞克太太 |
[01:48] | Uh, it’s Natalie Flores. | 我是娜塔莉·弗里斯 |
[01:50] | Um, I’m the intern you hired for the month. | 你雇了我做这个月的实习生 |
[01:53] | The one with the immigration trouble who worked | 我就是那个有移民问题的 |
[01:55] | as a nanny for Wendy Scott-Carr and-and was fired after… | 曾经当过温迪的保姆 后来被解雇了 |
[01:58] | I know, Natalie. What’s up? | 我知道 娜塔莉 什么事 |
[02:00] | Your husband wanted you to look at the study. | 你丈夫想让你看看书房 |
[02:02] | Through there. | 从那边过去 |
[02:03] | Maybe nothing. Uh, or something. | 也没什么 有点问题 |
[02:05] | I-I don’t know the protocol here. | 我不太清楚这里的规矩 |
[02:07] | Look, Natalie, I’m a little busy. | 娜塔莉 我这边有点事 |
[02:08] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:11] | to translate for the deposition today– | 今天取证用的 |
[02:13] | I was looking at The 2007 extension… | 我正在看2007年的延期协议 |
[02:21] | Never mind. Um, I’ll just wait till you get here. | 没关系 我还是等你到了再说吧 |
[02:24] | It’s probably nothing. | 可能也没什么 |
[02:25] | No, I’m sorry, Natalie. | 不 抱歉 娜塔莉 |
[02:26] | It’s been a crazy morning. What is it? | 今天早上太忙了 有什么问题 |
[02:28] | Well, I-I know I’m just an intern here, | 我明白我只是个实习生 |
[02:31] | and I really don’t want to get anyone in trouble, | 我也不想给别人找茬 |
[02:39] | That’s my call-waiting. | 我有个电话进来 |
[02:40] | I’ll be right in. | 我回头再切回来 |
[02:43] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[02:44] | Alicia, sorry to bother you at home, | 艾丽西娅 抱歉在家打扰你 |
[02:45] | but can you come in early? We have a problem. | 不过你能早点来吗 我们这出了问题 |
[02:47] | Sure. | 当然 |
[02:48] | The deposition? | 取证出问题了? |
[02:49] | No, the client. He had a heart attack. | 不 是委托人 他心脏病突发 |
[02:52] | What?! | 什么 |
[02:53] | His daughter’s here– | 他女儿在这 |
[02:54] | Aida. | 阿依达 |
[02:55] | Oh, my god. | 天哪 |
[02:56] | When? | 什么时候 |
[02:57] | Last night. | 昨天晚上 |
[02:58] | She says he’s conscious; he’s out of the icu, | 她说他神志清醒 已经出了重症监护室 |
[03:01] | but he wants us to continue with the depositions. | 不过他想要我们继续取证 |
[03:03] | He want…? How? | 他要… 怎么取证 |
[03:04] | That’s what we’re trying to figure out now. | 我们也正在想办法 |
[03:06] | So can you come in? | 你能来吗 |
[03:07] | Sure. Her father always said this was a cursed suit. | 当然 她父亲常说这诉讼是被诅咒了的 |
[03:10] | Eh, there’s no such thing. | 没有的事 |
[03:12] | But don’t say it, | 不过别这么说 |
[03:13] | because it’s unlucky. | 不过真的有点背 |
[03:15] | I’ll see you in 20 minutes. | 20分钟后见 |
[03:20] | I thought of you. | 我觉得这房子适合你 |
[03:21] | It’s like your old house. | 这就像你以前的房子 |
[03:25] | You ever miss it? | 你有怀念过吗 |
[03:27] | My old house? | 我以前的房子? |
[03:30] | Sometimes. | 有时候吧 |
[03:32] | Well, this one is better. | 这栋房子更好 |
[03:37] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[03:40] | You haven’t even seen upstairs. | 你连楼上都没看呢 |
[03:41] | I’ll come back. | 我会回来的 |
[03:44] | It is tempting. | 这房子很诱人 |
[03:46] | What’s wrong with being tempted? | 被诱惑又有什么错 |
[03:48] | It was hard. | 这很难 |
[03:50] | I won’t lie. | 我不会撒谎 |
[03:50] | These flyers tried to make our love ugly. | 这些传单想丑化我们的爱 |
[03:54] | And then our daughters were the ones to bring them home. | 而把它们带回家的正是我们的女儿 |
[03:57] | Did it make you cry, Elisa? | 它把你弄哭了吗 艾丽莎 |
[03:59] | Yeah, I guess, | 我想是的 |
[04:01] | but mom and dad explained it to me. | 不过爸爸妈妈给我解释了 |
[04:03] | Oh, my god, we’re screwed. | 天哪 我们完蛋了 |
[04:05] | You’ve had a strong marriage for over decade now, Spencer. | 十几年来 你们的婚姻坚如磐石 斯宾塞 |
[04:07] | What do you think of the troubles in the Florrick marriage? | 对福瑞克家的婚姻问题 你是怎么看的 |
[04:10] | Oh, dear god almighty. | 天哪 全能的上帝 |
[04:11] | I think any marriage that stays together | 我认为任何一个彼此相守的婚姻 |
[04:12] | is to be respected, admired. | 都值得尊重和赞许 |
[04:14] | Every marriage needs some space. | 每个婚姻都需要一些空间 |
[04:16] | – We got to do some polling. – No. | -我们得搞些民意调查 -不 |
[04:18] | We got to get Florrick’s wife to do the interview. | 我们得让福瑞克太太接受访谈 |
[04:20] | She won’t. | 她不会的 |
[04:20] | I don’t think You get it, Eli. | 看来你没弄清形势 伊莱 |
[04:21] | Or she doesn’t. | 或者是她没看清 |
[04:22] | You’re in a race that’s tied with one day to go, | 现在双方比分咬得很紧 只剩一天 |
[04:24] | and he just hit a home run for his wife. | 这人给妻子打出了一记全垒打 |
[04:26] | Alicia Florrick doesn’t have the luxury to say no, | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克拒绝不起 |
[04:28] | and you don’t have the luxury to protect her. | 你也保护不起她 |
[04:30] | I’m not protecting her. | 我不是保护她 |
[04:31] | I promised her I would not ask her to do this. | 我向她保证过不让她参与的 |
[04:34] | Oh, my god, you promised her. | 天啊 你保证过她了 |
[04:36] | Well, why didn’t you just say that? | 你早说不就好了? |
[04:38] | I’ll be ready in a minute, Andre. | 安德烈 我一分钟就好了 |
[04:39] | I have to get this to my boss. | 我必须得把这个给我老板 |
[04:41] | We have better health care, too. | 我们的卫生保健条件也更好 |
[04:43] | Canada has the best health care in the world. | 加拿大的卫生保健条件是世界上最好的 |
[04:45] | I like it here, Andre. | 安德烈 我喜欢这里 |
[04:47] | I like the U.S. I’ll be right back. | 我喜欢美国 我一会儿就回来 |
[04:48] | Just come look at Montreal. | 你就去蒙特利尔看看吧 |
[04:50] | America is dying! | 美国在消亡 |
[04:52] | Show me as we walk. | 咱们边走你边给我讲 |
[04:53] | They do bilingual contracts– | 他们制定双语合同 |
[04:55] | One in english, one in spanish. | 一份是英语的 一份是西班牙语的 |
[04:56] | They’re supposed to be identical. | 他们本应是完全一致的 |
[04:59] | But they’re not. Look. | 但它们不是的 看 |
[05:01] | – Alicia. – Then, on page five… | -艾丽西娅 -在第五页 |
[05:03] | Aida. | 阿依达 |
[05:04] | He’s all right. | 他还好 |
[05:05] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[05:06] | He was looking through their stock reports, | 他在浏览他们的股市报告 |
[05:08] | trying to find things to refute them. | 想找出驳倒他们的方法 |
[05:10] | And then I told him that he should stop, | 然后我告诉他他应该停下来 |
[05:13] | that he should rest for today. | 告诉他今天该好好休息 |
[05:14] | And then he just blacked out. | 然后他就昏倒了 |
[05:16] | I drove him to the hospital. | 我开车把他送到医院 |
[05:17] | – Well, you should be there with him, Aida. – No. | -阿依达 你该待在医院陪他的 -不行 |
[05:19] | He insisted I be here in his place. | 他坚持让我来这里代表他 |
[05:21] | He wants me to phone him every hour, with updates. | 他让我每小时向他电话汇报一次最新情况 |
[05:24] | This isn’t just about the money anymore, Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 这已经不仅仅与钱相关了 |
[05:27] | Oh, I-I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[05:29] | Natalie Flores. This is Aida Rios. | 这是娜塔莉·弗丽斯 这是阿依达·里奥斯 |
[05:31] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[05:33] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[05:34] | Hello? | 你好 |
[05:35] | Can you stay for the rest of the day? | 你今天能留下吗 |
[05:38] | – Me? – Yes. | -我吗 -是的 |
[05:40] | You know what, just show this to a paralegal. | 只要把这个交给律师助理就可以了 |
[05:43] | Um, no, no, no, I-I can stay. | 不不 我可以留下 |
[05:45] | I just, I just have to tell my boyfriend. | 我只是要告诉我男朋友一声 |
[05:46] | Great. | 太好了 |
[05:49] | Aida, I’m so sorry. | 阿依达 我很难过 |
[05:51] | Your dad is a tough old cuss. | 你爸爸是个坚强的老头 |
[05:52] | He’ll be up and around in no time. | 他很快就会康复的 |
[05:54] | – Thank you. – And thank you, Mr. Francis, | -谢谢你 -弗朗西斯先生 也谢谢你 |
[05:56] | for agreeing to be deposed. | 同意作证 |
[05:58] | After a year, I thought we’d never see you. | 过了一年 我以为我们永远见不到你了 |
[06:01] | Then perhaps you should use your time more fruitfully. | 或许你的时间应该花的更有效率点 |
[06:03] | Thank you, Isabel. | 谢谢你 伊莎贝尔 |
[06:05] | So your company, Platacostillman, | 那么你的公司 帕斯科公司 |
[06:07] | made how much in profits last year, Mr. Francis? | 去年盈利多少呢 弗朗西斯先生 |
[06:10] | Domestic and worldwide: 6.7 billion. | 国内国际一共盈利六十七亿 |
[06:14] | The oil business is proving to be quite | 现在石油产业 |
[06:16] | lucrative these days, huh? | 果然盈利颇丰啊 |
[06:18] | And how much did you pay Luis Rios and his company, | 那么你付给了路易斯·里奥斯和他的公司 |
[06:21] | Latin Star Drilling? | 拉丁之星钻探公司多少钱呢 |
[06:22] | I think you can read the documents, Mr. Gardner. | 加德纳先生 我相信你能自己读文件的 |
[06:26] | You’re right, Isabel, I can. | 伊莎贝尔 你是对的 我可以 |
[06:28] | Zero. | 一分钱也没有 |
[06:30] | And how much did the contract | 合同里明文规定 |
[06:32] | specify you owed my client? | 你欠我的客户多少钱呢 |
[06:34] | If Latin Star Drilling | 如果拉丁之星钻探公司 |
[06:35] | fulfilled its contractual duties– 86 million. | 履行了合同义务 会给他八千六百万 |
[06:37] | And what were the contractual duties of Aida’s father? | 那阿依达爸爸的合同义务是什么呢 |
[06:41] | The contractual duties of Latin Star Drilling | 拉丁之星钻探公司的合同义务就是 |
[06:43] | were to set up and operate oil rigs in Venezuela. | 在委内瑞拉建造并运行石油钻塔 |
[06:45] | – Which he did. – Not in the time specified. | -他完成了义务 -超出了规定时间 |
[06:47] | His company promised to deliver in May 2008, | 他的公司承诺在二零零八年五月交付 |
[06:51] | They delivered in September. | 他们到九月才交付 |
[06:52] | Four months late? | 迟了四个月吗 |
[06:53] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[06:54] | Now, your Brazilian facility manager | 你的巴西设施经理 |
[06:56] | finished his rig eight months late. | 迟了八个月才建成钻塔 |
[06:58] | Nigerian contractor finished a year late. | 尼日利亚承包商迟了一年才交付 |
[07:01] | And yet… you paid both. | 但你都付款给他们了 |
[07:03] | Yes. | 没错 |
[07:04] | We had agreements allowing for a late delivery. | 我们达成协议允许他们延期交付了 |
[07:06] | Agreements? Good. | 协议吗 很好 |
[07:07] | Where are they? | 协议在哪儿呢 |
[07:08] | Handshake agreements. | 是握手协议 |
[07:11] | Oh, I-I thought you were joking. | 我还以为你在开玩笑呢 |
[07:14] | Didn’t the reason you refused to pay Aida’s father… | 你拒绝给阿依达的爸爸付款的原因是不是 |
[07:16] | No, stay for this. | 不 留在这里 |
[07:17] | …have nothing to do with the contract | 和合同无关 |
[07:18] | and everything to do with | 而仅仅与 |
[07:20] | the changing political climate in Venezuela? | 委内瑞拉变化的政局有关? |
[07:22] | No. | 不是 |
[07:22] | But you closed your offices In Caracas in 2008, claiming | 但你在零八年关闭了在加拉加斯的公司 |
[07:28] | “The socialist policies of the current president, | 说”事实证明 现任总统 |
[07:30] | Hugo chavez, have proven | 雨果·查韦斯的社会主义政策 |
[07:31] | unfriendly to American businesses.” | 是对美国企业不友好的” |
[07:34] | And one week later, | 一周后 |
[07:36] | You refused to pay my client’s | 你拒绝向我客户 |
[07:37] | Venezuelan subsidiary. | 在委内瑞拉的附属企业付款 |
[07:38] | Now, it looks to me | 在我看来 |
[07:40] | like you wanted to get out of Venezuela, | 你是想撤出委内瑞拉 |
[07:42] | and you decided to skip on the bill. | 并决定赖掉这笔帐 |
[07:44] | “Looks to me”? | 什么叫”在我看来” |
[07:45] | Is that one of those new-fangled legal terms? | 这也是一个新奇的法律术语吗 |
[07:47] | Mr. Francis, the contracts with our client | 弗朗西斯先生 你和我客户签订的合同 |
[07:49] | were executed in both Spanish and English; is that correct? | 英语和西班牙语版本都签字生效了吧 |
[07:52] | It is. | 没错 |
[07:53] | You speak Spanish, don’t you, sir? | 先生 你也讲西班牙语对吧 |
[07:55] | I do, fluently. | 没错 很流利 |
[07:56] | Um, what does the word “Exito” Mean? | 那”Exito”是什么意思呢 |
[07:59] | It means “Success.” | 是成功的意思 |
[08:00] | And yet it is often mistranslated as “Exit,” Isn’t it? | 但它常常被误译为”退出” 对吧 |
[08:04] | And “Exit” is sometimes mistranslated as “Exito” | 而”退出”也有时被误译为”成功” |
[08:09] | Probably because both words sound so alike. | 可能是因为两个词读音相似 |
[08:11] | Thank you, Rosetta stone. | 谢谢你 罗塞塔石碑 |
[08:13] | What do you have? | 你想说什么啊 |
[08:14] | Here, in the U.S. Copy, it reads “Exit strategy.” | 这里 在英文版的合同里写着”退出策略” |
[08:18] | And here, in the supposedly identical Spanish copy, | 但在这里 本应是完全一致的西班牙语版中 |
[08:21] | “Exit strateg”” is translated as “Estrategia de exito” | “退出策略”被译为”Estrategia De Exito” |
[08:26] | “Success strategy”” | 也就是”成功策略” |
[08:28] | That is such utter b…! | 这完全是个… |
[08:29] | The delivery side-letter is now void because our client | 交付单边保证函因此就失效了 |
[08:31] | never agreed to the terms of your “Exit” Delivery date. | 因为我方客户从没同意你们的”退出”交货日 |
[08:33] | That is a technicality! | 这只是个技术问题 |
[08:35] | He knew what he was signing! | 他知道他签的内容 |
[08:40] | Give us an hour. | 给我们一个小时 |
[08:43] | Dad laughed. | 爸爸笑了 |
[08:45] | He was sitting up in bed. | 他从床上坐起来了 |
[08:46] | He knows we still have a long haul? | 他知道我们还有一场持久战吧 |
[08:48] | He does. | 他知道 |
[08:49] | It’s just the first time I’ve heard him laugh | 只不过这是很长时间以来 |
[08:50] | in a long time. | 我第一次听见他笑 |
[08:51] | Good job, Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 干得好 |
[08:52] | Actually, it was… | 事实上 这是… |
[08:58] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[09:02] | You know, politics is just as challenging as acting. | 政治和演戏一样具有挑战性 |
[09:02] | 这位是弗雷德·汤普森 参议员 律师 也是美剧《法律与秩序》的主演 | |
[09:05] | Always has been. | 一直都是这样的 |
[09:06] | What’s really hard is fly-fishing. | 真正难的是扮猪吃老虎 |
[09:10] | Well, hello there. | 你好啊 |
[09:11] | You must be, uh… | 你一定是… |
[09:12] | – Will Gardner. – Right, right. | -威尔·加德纳 -没错 是的 |
[09:15] | Glad to meet you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[09:16] | Gardner/Lockhart. | 加德纳&洛克哈特 |
[09:17] | Actually, it’s Lockhart/Gardner. | 实际上 是洛克哈特&加德纳 |
[09:20] | Are you here to see Diane? | 你来这里找戴安吗 |
[09:21] | Uh, no. Here to see you. | 不 来找你的 |
[09:23] | Me? Really? | 我 真的吗 |
[09:25] | Well… | 那么 |
[09:28] | I’m here. | 我在这里 |
[09:34] | Why are you here to see me? | 为什么来找我呢 |
[09:36] | Well, I hate to say it, Will, but, uh, I’m replacing you. | 我讨厌这么说 威尔 不过我要取代你 |
[09:39] | The platacostillman suit. | 帕斯科公司诉讼案 |
[09:41] | I’m the new plaintiff’s attorney. | 我是新的原告律师 |
[09:46] | Aida, what’s going on? | 阿依达 怎么回事 |
[09:47] | Your dad’s firing me? | 你爸把我解雇了吗 |
[09:49] | – What? – He’s hired an actor? | -什么 -他雇了个演员 |
[09:51] | I’m not just an actor, Will. | 我不只是个演员 威尔 |
[09:53] | I practiced law for 42 years. | 我当律师42年了 |
[09:55] | Just like that, he’s firing me? | 他就这样 把我解雇了吗 |
[09:56] | He’s not firing you, Will. | 他没有解雇你 威尔 |
[09:57] | He’s no longer the plaintiff. | 他已经不是原告了 |
[09:59] | Over here, boys. | 过来 伙计们 |
[10:01] | This is the consul general of Venezuela. | 这位是委内瑞拉的总领事 |
[10:04] | And this is, uh, somebody else– can’t remember his name. | 这位是 不知道谁 记不住他的名字了 |
[10:08] | But, uh, they’re representative | 不过 他们代表 |
[10:09] | of the Venezuelan oil industry. | 委内瑞拉石油公司 |
[10:11] | And your client’s oil facility has just been nationalized. | 你客户的石油公司刚被国有化 |
[10:15] | – Oh, no. – Sorry to have to do this, | -不 -抱歉不得不这么做 |
[10:18] | but, you know, Venezuela is a socialist country, | 不过 你知道 委内瑞拉是个社会主义国家 |
[10:20] | and they’ve just nationalized Latin Star’s drilling subsidiary. | 他们刚把拉丁之星的钻塔子公司国有化 |
[10:24] | So that means you’re no longer the plaintiff, ma’am, | 那意味着你不再是原告 女士 |
[10:27] | and you’re no longer the plaintiff’s counsel. | 你也不再是原告律师 |
[10:29] | They are, | 他们才是原告 |
[10:31] | And I am. | 我才是原告律师 |
[10:32] | So thank you very much. | 所以非常感谢 |
[10:34] | We’ll take over from here. | 我们要接手了 |
[10:36] | Not to sound too melodramatic… | 毫不夸张地说 |
[10:39] | but over my dead body. | 你想接这案子除非我死了 |
[10:41] | Well, not to sound equally melodramatic, | 我也不夸张地说 |
[10:45] | But, uh, let’s dance. | 我们开战吧 |
[11:02] | You don’t understand. They pulled within a point, | 你不明白 他们拉近到只差一个百分点 |
[11:05] | and that’s within the margin of error. | 那在误差范围之内 |
[11:06] | No, you don’t understand. | 不 你不明白 |
[11:08] | We just went from a case we were winning | 我们一个快赢的案子 |
[11:09] | to a case that isn’t even ours. | 居然要飞了 |
[11:11] | I know, and I told you I would never ask you | 我知道 我说过永远不会 |
[11:13] | to do an on-screen interview. | 要求你接受电视访谈 |
[11:14] | And for nine months, I haven’t, | 九个月以来 我没要求过 |
[11:16] | but we need you. | 但我们需要你 |
[11:18] | Peter needs you. | 彼得需要你 |
[11:19] | To ask once is still to ask. | 要求一次也是要求 |
[11:21] | I know, but I promise I’ll never ask again and… | 我知道 不过我保证只此一次… |
[11:24] | Because the election is tomorrow, | 因为明天就选举了 |
[11:25] | and so even if I wanted to, there isn’t time. | 即使我想再要求 也没有时间 |
[11:27] | Wendy Scott-Carr’s husband did the spousal interview, | 温迪的丈夫做了配偶访谈 |
[11:30] | and now they have the momentum. | 现在他们势头正盛 |
[11:31] | And it’s not just about him giving the interview. | 而且这不光是他接受了采访的关系 |
[11:33] | It’s about you not. | 而是你没有接受采访 |
[11:34] | Don’t put this on my shoulders, Eli. | 别把责任推给我 伊莱 |
[11:37] | It is on your shoulders. | 这就是你的责任 |
[11:39] | Peter’s indiscretions are out front because you won’t speak. | 你不发声 彼得的丑闻就更惹眼 |
[11:42] | I agreed to leave you out of the politics | 我同意让你远离政治 |
[11:44] | because you didn’t want to comment, | 因为你不想发表意见 |
[11:45] | but now your absence is the comment. | 但现在你不发声就是表态 |
[11:48] | That’s not fair. | 那不公平 |
[11:49] | Of course, it’s not fair. Politics is not fair. | 当然 不公平 政治本来就不公平 |
[11:54] | – Is that…? – Yes. | -那是… -是的 |
[11:55] | Why….? | 怎么 |
[11:56] | Do you really want to know? | 你真的想知道 |
[11:59] | Alicia, you… You don’t want to think three days from now | 艾丽西娅 三天之后 |
[12:02] | that you cost Peter the election. | 你就会意识到自己毁了彼得的竞选 |
[12:05] | Wow. You are really laying it on. | 你还真是赖上我了 |
[12:07] | I believe in Peter. | 我信赖彼得 |
[12:09] | Peter will be better than Wendy Scott-Carr. | 彼得比温迪要好 |
[12:11] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:13] | Because she is more idealistic than practical, | 因为她理想多于实际 |
[12:16] | and the world chews up idealistic people. | 这社会能把理想主义者生吞活剥了 |
[12:19] | Peter will not be chewed up. | 彼得就不会 |
[12:21] | All I need is two hours this afternoon. That’s all. | 只需要今天下午两个小时 仅此而已 |
[12:24] | Eli, even if I wanted to, I work. | 伊莱 即使我想去 我有工作 |
[12:27] | This case has been bubbling along for a year. | 这案子争论了一年多 |
[12:29] | It’s here. I can’t abandon it– | 现在是紧要关头 我不能放下它 |
[12:31] | Especially when the client is in the hospital | 尤其客户在医院时 |
[12:33] | and Venezuela is trying to steal it. | 委内瑞拉政府想要偷走这个案子 |
[12:35] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:44] | How are you doing here? | 你在这里如何 |
[12:46] | Good. I love Alicia. | 很好 我喜欢艾丽西娅 |
[12:48] | – Thank you for making this work. – Oh, no. | -谢谢你给我安排工作 -不 |
[12:50] | They’re the ones who needed you. | 是他们需要你 |
[12:53] | How’s your father doing? | 你父亲怎么样了 |
[12:54] | He’s working on his citizenship. | 他在争取公民资格 |
[12:56] | Uh, we’re testing each other. | 我们互相考试 |
[12:58] | Did you know there are 27 amendments to the constitution? | 你知道一共有27条宪法修正案吗 |
[13:02] | I did hear something about it. | 我听说过 |
[13:04] | Uh, I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[13:05] | Oh. Come tomorrow night. | 明晚来吧 |
[13:07] | We’re having a party for the candidate– | 我们有个为候选人办的庆功会 |
[13:08] | If we win, I mean. | 如果我们赢了 我是说 |
[13:10] | I don’t think that’s a good idea, but thank you. | 我认为那不是个好主意 不过谢谢 |
[13:14] | I have to work. | 我得工作去了 |
[13:15] | I’ll see you tonight? | 今天晚上见吧 |
[13:22] | So you are Mr. Gold? | 你是戈德先生? |
[13:27] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗 |
[13:28] | I am Andre. | 我是安德烈 |
[13:29] | I’m Natalie’s boyfriend. | 娜塔莉的男朋友 |
[13:31] | She said she met a Mr. Gold. That is you? | 她说她遇上一位戈德先生 是你吗 |
[13:34] | Yes. It is me. | 是的 是我 |
[13:37] | – We’re in love. – Okay. | -我们在谈恋爱 -好的 |
[13:40] | You’re older than she is. | 你比她岁数大 |
[13:42] | Am I missing something here? | 我漏掉什么了吗 |
[13:43] | I’m just talking. | 我就是说说 |
[13:45] | – That’s all. – And I’m going. | -仅此而已 -我要走了 |
[13:46] | This is absurd. | 这真荒谬 |
[13:48] | Venezuela just nationalized our case? | 委内瑞拉我们的案子收归国有了? |
[13:50] | They nationalized Latin Star’s Venezuelan subsidiary, | 他们把拉丁之星的委内瑞拉子公司收归国有了 |
[13:53] | So they claim they have the case. | 他们声称享有这个案子 |
[13:55] | Should I tell my dad? | 我应该告诉我爸爸吗 |
[13:56] | I’m just worried how he’ll react. | 我只是担心他会作何反应 |
[13:58] | I wouldn’t yet. It’s not certain they can do this. | 先别说 还不确定他们能这么做 |
[13:59] | And our options? | 我们的选择呢 |
[14:01] | We fight it– federal court. | 争取 联邦法院 |
[14:02] | – Or we delay it. – How? | -或者推迟它 -怎么推迟 |
[14:04] | Natalie? | 娜塔莉 |
[14:08] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[14:12] | Uh, I… Well, the thing is, um, | 我… 最重要的是 |
[14:15] | Hugo Chavez tried to nationalize CEMEX, | 雨果·查韦斯企图国有化CEMEX |
[14:18] | A Venezuelan cement company, | 一家委内瑞拉水泥公司 |
[14:20] | but they sued successfully | 但那家公司通过诉讼成功地要求 |
[14:22] | for a delay to have a fair market value assessed. | 以公平市价对其进行评估 实现了拖延 |
[14:25] | Okay, and how do we know this? | 好的 我们怎么知道的呢 |
[14:27] | Well, when I shorted CEMEX | 当我在加拉加斯交易所 |
[14:29] | on the Caracas exchange, I took a bath. | 卖空CEMEX时 损失惨重 |
[14:32] | Won’t be doing that again. | 再不会犯那样的错了 |
[14:36] | I’m sorry. Who are you again? | 对不起 你是谁来着 |
[14:38] | Natalie Flores. | 娜塔莉·弗里斯 |
[14:39] | You hired me as a temp, but I was a day trader before that, | 你们雇我做临时秘书 而我曾是个日间交易员 |
[14:42] | So if you ever want me to manage your money… | 如果你需要我帮你理财的话 |
[14:46] | That was a joke. | 开玩笑的 |
[14:47] | Not the part about the day-trading– that was real. | 但我做过日间交易员是真的 |
[14:50] | We hired Natalie for a few weeks to help her with her citizenship. | 我们雇佣娜塔莉几周以帮助她获得公民权 |
[14:53] | Tell them about Cemex– what the assessment did. | 跟他们讲下CEMEX公司评估报告的作用 |
[14:56] | Right. Well, it bought Cemex time. | 好的 它帮助CEMEX赢得了时间 |
[14:58] | Time to bargain for a better deal. | 有时间讨价还价 |
[15:00] | So we delay | 所以我们应拖延 |
[15:02] | and try to make a deal with PlatacoStillman? | 并尝试与帕斯科公司做个交易 |
[15:04] | Makes sense. | 有道理 |
[15:05] | They’d rather make a deal with us | 比起跟雨果·查韦斯 |
[15:06] | than Hugo Chavez anyway. | 他们肯定会更愿意跟我们做交易 |
[15:08] | Good job. | 做得好 |
[15:13] | Uh, Mrs. Florrick, Andrew Wiley. | 福瑞克夫人 我是安德鲁·怀利 |
[15:15] | Oh, yes. | 噢 是啊 |
[15:16] | My assistant was going to give you a call. | 我的助理会打电话给你预约 |
[15:18] | Yeah, I decided to save her the trouble. | 我就不麻烦她了 |
[15:19] | Well, I’m a little busy. | 我现在有点忙 |
[15:20] | Um, just quickly, ma’am. | 很快的 夫人 |
[15:22] | I-I-I’m not here for Childs. | 我不是因为查尔兹而来 |
[15:24] | I-I’m… I’m following up on an interview | 我在调查一个谈话 |
[15:25] | given to one of our ASAs | 我们那儿一位助理检察官跟这里 |
[15:27] | by an investigator here, a Blake Calamar. | 一个调查员的谈话 布莱克·卡拉马尔 |
[15:30] | Oh, yes. Blake no longer works here. | 布莱克已经不在这里工作了 |
[15:32] | Yeah, I-I-I know. | 我知道 |
[15:33] | But, um, you see, some of the pages from his interview are… are gone, | 但他的谈话笔录有几页不见了 |
[15:37] | And, uh, I’m-I’m trying to hunt down what he said. | 我得设法查出他说了什么 |
[15:40] | Don’t you think you should be talking to Blake? If you’ll excuse me… | 你这不是应该去问布莱克吗 失陪了 |
[15:43] | Unfortunately, I can’t. | 可惜我没法找他 |
[15:44] | I-I hit a dead end, and I don’t like dead ends, | 我无计可施了 我不喜欢这样 |
[15:46] | and I was hoping that you could help me understand | 所以希望你能帮我弄明白 |
[15:48] | why Blake was talking about you. | 为什么布莱克会谈到你 |
[15:52] | – Me? – Yeah. | -我吗 -是的 |
[15:54] | You see, I found a small portion of the preliminary notes, | 我找到笔录前面的一小部分 |
[15:56] | and the subject line for the interview is listed as “Alicia florrick.” | 在谈话主题那一栏写的艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[16:01] | So I was wondering if you knew what he might be discussing. | 所以我想你是否知道他大概会说些什么 |
[16:07] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不知道 |
[16:08] | You’re sure? | 你确定吗 |
[16:09] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[16:12] | So we’re not going to handle this like gentlemen? | 我们就不能以君子之道来解决这事吗 |
[16:15] | Actually, I think this is how gentlemen handle it. | 实际上我觉得这正是君子之道 |
[16:16] | We just filed a suit | 我们刚刚提起诉讼 |
[16:18] | contesting the Venezuelan nationalizing of Latin Star | 反对委内瑞拉政府将拉丁之星收归国有 |
[16:21] | until the World Bank’s ICSID | 直到世界银行国际投资争端解决中心 |
[16:23] | assesses a value for the company. | 对该公司资产做出评估为止 |
[16:24] | No, no, no. Strike three, Birdie. You struck out. | 不不不 第三击了 菜鸟 三振出局 |
[16:27] | I’m sorry, Mr. President. Did you have something to add? | 很抱歉 总统先生 您有何补充吗 |
[16:35] | My spanish may be a little rusty, | 我的西班牙语也许不太灵光 |
[16:36] | but I think President Chavez disagrees. | 但我想查韦斯总统不同意这样 |
[16:38] | Tell them, DA. You’re the DA. You tell them. | 告诉他们 你是检察官 你告诉他们 |
[16:41] | No, no. I told you, now. I’m not an actual DA. | 不 我跟您说过 我不是真的检察官 |
[16:44] | I, uh, did impersonate one on TV. | 只是在电视上演过一次 |
[16:47] | Phone Sean Penn. Phone him. | 打电话给肖恩·潘 打电话给他 |
[16:47] | 肖恩·潘 美国影星 在《情枭的黎明》里出演律师 | |
[16:49] | The President would like for you to understand that, uh, | 总统希望你们能明白 |
[16:53] | he is now the… Sole owner of Latin Star, | 现在他是拉丁之星的唯一所有者 |
[16:56] | and has rechristened it… | 并重新将其命名为 |
[16:59] | the, uh, Love Drilling and Oil Company. | 洛芙石油钻探公司 |
[17:03] | Uh, “The Americans again want my oil. | 美国人又想要我的石油 |
[17:06] | They thirst for it. All Americans.” | 所有美国人都想要得不得了 |
[17:10] | “except Courtney Love. Not her.” | 除了寇特尼·洛芙 除了她 |
[17:10] | 寇特尼·洛芙 美国摇滚乐艺人 金球奖提名女演员 | |
[17:16] | “Even now, she is not appreciated in her country. | 就连现在 她在自己的国家都无人欣赏 |
[17:19] | Where is her Academy Award? Where?” | 为什么不给她奥斯卡金像奖 为什么 |
[17:23] | Uh, thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢您 总统先生 |
[17:26] | President Chavez has thanked you for your service, | 查韦斯总统感谢你们之前的服务 |
[17:28] | and he’s just asking that you step back, uh, from the case. | 并要求你们退出此案 |
[17:32] | Yes, the only problem is, the law of his own country | 可问题在于他自己国家的法律 |
[17:35] | requires a three-month period | 也要求有三个月的期限 |
[17:38] | to assess the value of our client’s company. | 来评估我当事人公司的资产 |
[17:44] | He’s changing the law. | 他在修改法律 |
[17:45] | What? | 什么 |
[17:46] | The Enabling Law of 2008. | 2008年的授权法案 |
[17:48] | The Venezuelan National Assembly voted | 委内瑞拉国家议会同意 |
[17:50] | to give the president the power to change law | 若为维护本国利益 |
[17:52] | if it protected the interests of Venezuela. | 总统有权修改法律 |
[17:54] | Oh, my god. | 噢 我的天 |
[17:56] | It’s like being in a Woody Allen movie. | 这简直是伍迪·艾伦荒诞电影的情节 |
[17:59] | Have it ready by 1:00 for court. | 一点钟上法庭前准备好 |
[18:01] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[18:03] | Good job. | 做得好 |
[18:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:04] | Oh, Alicia, do you have a moment? | 艾丽西娅 你现在有空吗 |
[18:11] | So who am I negotiating with here– you or Venezuela? | 我现在是在跟谁谈判 你还是委内瑞拉政府 |
[18:15] | We’re going to court right now to find out. | 马上上了法庭就知道了 |
[18:17] | Unfortunately, you lost your window, Mr. Gardner. | 遗憾的是你这条路行不通 加德纳先生 |
[18:19] | PlatacoStillman is a very busy company, so… | 帕斯科公司的事务非常繁忙 所以 |
[18:22] | Why don’t we pencil in a time for depositions in, | 我们何不先草拟个宣誓作证的时间 |
[18:25] | uh, 2012? | 2012年如何 |
[18:26] | You mean after you’ve bankrupted my client? | 等你们把我的当事人搞破产之后吗 |
[18:28] | No, we’re going to continue these depositions this afternoon. | 不 我们今天下午就要继续宣誓作证 |
[18:32] | You’re not going to be ready this afternoon. | 下午你们准备不好的 |
[18:34] | We’re going to be ready this afternoon. | 下午我们会准备好的 |
[18:37] | You know, we have other ways to attack this. | 我们有的是办法进攻 |
[18:40] | Contractual law is just so bloodless, don’t you think? | 合同法是如此冷酷无情 不觉得吗 |
[18:44] | See you this afternoon. | 下午见 |
[18:48] | Take the afternoon off. | 下午放半天假吧 |
[18:50] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[18:51] | Go ahead. Take the afternoon off. | 去吧 下午放半天假 |
[18:53] | You deserve it. | 你应得的 |
[18:54] | I… Uh, thank you, | 谢谢 |
[18:56] | But this is my case– I’m committed. | 但这是我的案件 我责无旁贷 |
[18:58] | I know, and you can continue with it tomorrow. | 我知道 你可以明天再接着做 |
[19:01] | We’ll be fine in court. | 我们出庭没问题 |
[19:02] | This isn’t a punishment. | 这不是惩罚 |
[19:04] | We just… We have too many voices right now, | 只是现在有太多突发状况 |
[19:06] | so take a break for a few hours. | 所以去休息一下吧 |
[19:07] | – This afternoon? – Yes. | -今天下午吗 -是的 |
[19:10] | Who talked to you? | 是谁跟你说的 |
[19:13] | -Who talked to me? – Yes. | -谁跟我说的 -是的 |
[19:16] | Did Eli call? | 是伊莱打了电话吗 |
[19:21] | Alicia, take the afternoon off. | 艾丽西娅 下午放半天假 |
[19:24] | Come back tomorrow for the depositions. | 明天回来再处理宣誓作证 |
[19:39] | Hey, Alicia. How are you? You sound a little… | 艾丽西娅 你好吗 你听起来有点 |
[19:41] | This is my life, Eli. | 这是我的生活 伊莱 |
[19:43] | You don’t meddle with my life. | 你不能干涉我的生活 |
[19:46] | Okay, Alicia. What’s wrong? | 好的 艾丽西娅 出什么事了 |
[19:48] | I’ve been working on this case for over a year now, | 这个案件我办了一年多了 |
[19:49] | and you do this? | 而你现在来这套 |
[19:51] | Well, you can forget it. I’m not doing the interview. | 你就死了心吧 我不会做访问 |
[19:52] | And I don’t care if Peter blames me for the rest of his life. | 我也不在乎彼得后半辈子会不会怨我 |
[19:55] | And as I understand it, you’re asking for an emergency injunction. | 按我的理解 你是要申请紧急禁令 |
[19:58] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[19:59] | We were in the midst of a settlement negotiation with PlatacoStillman, | 我们正处于与帕斯科公司和解谈判的过程中 |
[20:03] | and in our opinion, | 在我们看来 |
[20:05] | Venezuela has no standing in this suit. | 委内瑞拉政府在本案中没有起诉权 |
[20:08] | No, we would agree that the president of Venezuela | 不 我们同意委内瑞拉总统 |
[20:10] | has the power to change laws in his country, | 有权修改自己国家的法律 |
[20:12] | but in our opinion, those powers should not | 但依我们所见 这种权力不应当 |
[20:15] | impact a lawsuit in this country. | 影响到我国的案件 |
[20:17] | The president hasn’t changed the laws | 总统并没有改变 |
[20:19] | of the United States, your honor. | 美国的法律 法官大人 |
[20:20] | He’s changed the laws of Venezuela, | 他修改了委内瑞拉的法律 |
[20:22] | and they just happen to impact a lawsuit here. | 这刚好影响到了这里的一件案子 |
[20:25] | Was that in your opinion? | 那是你的看法吗 |
[20:26] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[20:28] | Your opinion. | 你的看法 |
[20:29] | You were expressing your opinion, right? | 你表述的是你的看法 是吧 |
[20:31] | I don’t know, uh, what you’re getting at. | 我不知道 你在说什么 |
[20:32] | Your honor? | 法官大人 |
[20:34] | It is just such an honor to have you in my court, sir. | 很荣幸在我的法庭上见到你 先生 |
[20:37] | Oh, it’s my honor, your honor. | 哦 这是我的荣幸 法官大人 |
[20:39] | You don’t know how many young people | 你的剧集不知鼓舞了 |
[20:41] | you encourage with your show. | 多少年轻人 |
[20:42] | Oh, thank you, but, uh, | 谢谢你 不过 |
[20:44] | It would probably be a mistake to call it my show. | 可能说成是我的剧集是不对的 |
[20:46] | And so humble. | 你还这么谦虚 |
[20:47] | I must say, you… you look taller in person. | 我得说 你 你本人看起来高一点 |
[20:51] | Well, now, you’re embarrassing me, ma’am. | 现在你让我不好意思了 女士 |
[20:53] | Just one woman’s opinion. | 仅是一位女士的看法 |
[20:55] | Your honor, just quickly– | 法官大人 我长话短说 |
[20:57] | This case is not about the opposing counsel. | 本案不是关于对方律师的 |
[20:58] | It’s about his client, president Hugo Chavez. | 而是关于他的客户 雨果·查韦斯总统 |
[21:00] | I would disagree. | 我反对 |
[21:02] | It’s about the rule of law in Venezuela. | 本案是关于委内瑞拉的法律规定 |
[21:04] | You mean the new rule of law. | 你指的是法律新规定 |
[21:05] | This law was changed a half hour ago, your honor– | 这项法律一小时前修改的 法官大人 |
[21:09] | In my opinion– and as such, it is a ex post facto law. | 依我所见 法律不能追溯之前的行为 |
[21:11] | Unfortunately, Mr. Gardner, | 很不幸 加德纳先生 |
[21:13] | Ms. Lockhart, I am a judge in chicago. | 洛克哈特女士 我是芝加哥的法官 |
[21:15] | I have no jurisdiction over Venezuelan law. | 我对于委内瑞拉的法律没有裁决权 |
[21:18] | I do understand your argument for emergency relief, | 我真的理解你们紧急禁令这一论点 |
[21:20] | so I will freeze Latin Star’s assets until… | 所以我会冻结拉丁之星的财产直到 |
[21:23] | Your honor, it has taken us a year | 法官大人 我们花了一年的时间 |
[21:25] | to get Platacostillman to the negotiations table. | 才把帕斯科公司弄到谈判桌前 |
[21:27] | Our-our client has had a heart attack | 我们的客户还发作了心脏病 |
[21:29] | due to the drawn-out nature of this fight. | 就因为这场官司的旷日持久 |
[21:31] | A freeze would not be in the interests of Latin Star | 冻结财产对拉丁之星和 |
[21:34] | or the Venezuelan people, your honor. | 委内瑞拉的人民的都无益处 法官大人 |
[21:35] | Then I would suggest that you align your interests | 那么我就建议你们联合起来 |
[21:38] | against Platacostillman. | 共同对抗帕斯科公司 |
[21:39] | You both have reason to want a fair settlement. | 你们双方都有理由要一个公平的协商结果 |
[21:42] | In my opinion, the best result would be for you, | 依我所见 最好的结果就是你们 |
[21:44] | Mr. Gardner, Ms. Lockhart, | 加德纳先生 洛克哈特女士 |
[21:46] | to represent president Chavez in this lawsuit, too. | 在本案中也代理查韦斯总统 |
[21:50] | And thank you, sir, | 还要谢谢你 先生 |
[21:51] | for doing all you’ve done to inspire the youth of America. | 你所做的激励了美国的年轻一代 |
[21:56] | Great. | 好极了 |
[21:57] | We have a dictator for a client. | 我们有了个独裁者客户 |
[22:04] | Well, here we are. | 我们都在这儿了 |
[22:08] | I’m glad your client finds this funny. | 我很高兴你的客户觉得这有趣 |
[22:10] | What is he saying? | 他说什么 |
[22:11] | He likes your dress. | 他喜欢你的裙子 |
[22:13] | Oh, how nice. | 哦 他真好 |
[22:14] | You know, this doesn’t have to be bad. | 这不一定是坏事 |
[22:15] | There are certain advantages to being on the same side. | 统一战线有些好处 |
[22:18] | Such as? | 比如说 |
[22:18] | Well, it appears everyone has kissed and made up. | 看起来大家破镜重圆了 |
[22:21] | Can we continue? | 我们可以继续了 |
[22:22] | Yes. And we’d like to add a name to the witness list. | 是的 我们想增加一个证人 |
[22:26] | A Juan Perez. | 他叫胡安·普雷兹 |
[22:27] | And who might this be? | 这人干什么的 |
[22:29] | Well, he’s the director of the Venezuelan interior. | 他是委内瑞拉国内这个项目的负责人 |
[22:32] | Ah, a present from president Chavez. How nice. | 查韦斯总统的一份礼物 多贴心啊 |
[22:37] | And what might Mr. Perez swear to? | 这位普雷兹先生会证实什么 |
[22:39] | He’ll swear that your client, the CEO of Platacostillman, | 他会证实你的客户 帕斯科公司的首席执政官 |
[22:43] | admitted cheating Latin Star out of its fee. | 欺骗拉丁之星 不给费用 |
[22:45] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[22:46] | My goodness, what a revelation. | 天呐 真相大白啊 |
[22:48] | Mr. Gardner, I guess dictatorship has its privileges. | 加德纳先生 我猜独裁是有好处的 |
[22:51] | You can always make a deal. | 你随时可以与我们达成和解 |
[22:53] | Well, we have four names | 我们有四个名字 |
[22:54] | that we would like to add to the witness list. | 要添到证人名单上 |
[22:56] | Remember when I told you we had other ways to attack this? | 记得我说还有别的办法来打这个官司吗 |
[22:58] | How could I forget? | 我怎么能忘呢 |
[23:00] | Well, Platacostillman doesn’t owe Latin Star a cent– | 帕斯科公司不欠拉丁之星一分钱 |
[23:02] | I’m sorry, a red cent. | 不好意思 不欠一分带血的钱 |
[23:03] | Because our boilerplate | 因为我们合同中的标准约定 |
[23:04] | charges prevent us from compensating companies | 不允许我们为侵犯人权的公司 |
[23:07] | that commit human rights violations. | 支付任何酬劳 |
[23:08] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[23:09] | These four men will testify to life-threatening conditions | 这四个人证明 他们亲眼目击了 |
[23:12] | that they personally witnessed | 在委内瑞拉拉丁之星的钻塔上 |
[23:14] | on the Latin Star rigs in Venezuela. | 对生命构成威胁的工作条件 |
[23:16] | My father says his rigs have a perfect safety record. | 我爸爸说他的钻塔有着良好的安全记录 |
[23:19] | Not a single violation or infraction. | 没有一起侵权和违法事件 |
[23:21] | I need you to look into these four witnesses. | 我需要你调查一下这四个证人 |
[23:24] | Any direction? | 哪个方面 |
[23:25] | We reached a stalemate with Platacostillman. | 我们和帕斯科公司到了僵局 |
[23:27] | They’re lying about human rights violations. | 他们谎称有侵犯人权的情况 |
[23:29] | Find out why. | 找出原因 |
[23:31] | Hey, why weren’t you in there? | 你怎么不在那儿 |
[23:33] | I thought you were on Platacostillman. | 我以为你在忙帕斯科公司的案子 |
[23:34] | I’m on leave. | 我要被”放假”了 |
[23:36] | Leave? | 离开? |
[23:37] | Just for the afternoon. | 就离开一下午 |
[23:39] | Do you know an Andrew Wiley? | 你认识一个叫安德鲁·怀利的吗 |
[23:40] | At the state’s attorney’s office? | 州检察办公室的 |
[23:42] | The investigator. Yeah, he works with Cary. | 那个调查员 认识 他和凯里一起的 |
[23:45] | He was asking about a last interview Blake did; | 他问我关于布莱克最后一次问询的事 |
[23:47] | A last interview where he talked about me. | 这最后一次的问询他提到了我 |
[23:50] | Did Cary mention this? | 凯里提过这个吗 |
[23:52] | No. | 没有 |
[23:53] | Probably the state’s attorney’s last gasp. | 可能是州检察官的最后一息挣扎 |
[23:56] | Yes, an attempt to intimidate me. | 是呀 试图吓唬我 |
[23:59] | – Alicia. – Yeah? | -艾丽西娅 -怎么了 |
[24:01] | I need to… | 我需要 |
[24:04] | Can we talk sometime? | 找时间我们谈谈好吗 |
[24:06] | Whenever you want. | 你想随时都可以 |
[24:07] | I’m on leave. | 我放假去了 |
[24:14] | Alicia, there you are. | 艾丽西娅 你在这儿啊 |
[24:16] | Is everything okay? | 一切都好吧 |
[24:18] | Oh, yeah. I just– | 是的 我只是 |
[24:19] | I’m on something else this afternoon. | 今天下午我要做些别的事 |
[24:21] | – How’s your dad? – Good. | -你爸怎样了 -很好 |
[24:22] | I had to tell him about Hugo Chavez’s involvement. | 我不得不告诉他雨果·查韦斯牵扯进来了 |
[24:25] | He was confused. | 他很困惑 |
[24:27] | Yeah, I am, too. | 是啊 我也是 |
[24:28] | – Would you excuse me a moment? – Sure. | -我失陪一下 -当然 |
[24:34] | Thank you, Diane. | 戴安 谢谢你 |
[24:36] | Ah, Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克太太 |
[24:37] | I don’t think we’ve ever met. | 我想我们没见过 |
[24:38] | – Frank Landau. – Hello. | -我是弗兰克·朗度 -你好 |
[24:40] | We’re all rooting for your husband, ma’am. | 我们全都支持你丈夫 女士 |
[24:42] | Take care. Nice to meet you. | 保重 很高兴认识你 |
[24:48] | Diane, sorry, just quickly… | 戴安 对不起 我会很快 |
[24:50] | Yes, I thought you were taking the afternoon off. | 好 我还以为你下午休班了呢 |
[24:52] | I am. I just… | 我是休了 我只是 |
[24:53] | Was that the chairman of the democratic committee? | 那是民主党委员会的主席吗 |
[24:55] | Uh, yes. | 是的 |
[24:57] | Frank. An old friend. | 弗兰克 一个老朋友 |
[24:59] | He was worried we were representing | 我们目前代理雨果·查韦斯 |
[25:03] | Hugo Chavez these days. | 他很担心 |
[25:04] | He was the one who asked you to give me the afternoon off? | 是他请你给我放一个下午假的? |
[25:09] | I wish you wouldn’t worry about it, Alicia. | 我希望你不要为此担心 艾丽西娅 |
[25:11] | It’s not a punishment. | 这并不是惩罚 |
[25:12] | I know, but Frank Landau asked you, didn’t he? | 我知道 是弗兰克·朗度请你帮忙的 对吗 |
[25:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:21] | This is Mr. Carlos Santos, | 这位是卡洛斯·桑托斯先生 |
[25:23] | A worker on the Latin Star oil rig, | 拉丁之星石油钻塔的一名工人 |
[25:26] | And recent immigrator to America. | 最近移民美国 |
[25:28] | Mr. Santos, nice to meet you? | 桑托斯先生 很高兴见到你 |
[25:33] | It’s a worker, Mr. President. | 这是位工人 总统先生 |
[25:34] | A man named Carlos Santos. | 他叫卡洛斯·桑托斯 |
[25:36] | So you say you witnessed | 你说你目击了 |
[25:38] | human rights abuses | 委内瑞拉石油钻塔上 |
[25:39] | On the oil rigs in Venezuela, Mr. Santos? | 发生的侵犯人权行为 桑托斯先生? |
[25:43] | Mr. Santos? | 桑托斯先生? |
[25:47] | I have been awarded the Al-Gaddafi international prize | 我被卡扎菲上校 |
[25:50] | for human rights by Colonel Gaddafi. | 授予了卡扎菲国际人权奖 |
[25:53] | I would never stand for human rights | 我绝不容忍我国境内 |
[25:56] | violations in my country. Never. | 出现侵犯人权的行为 绝不 |
[25:59] | So tell this Santos he is lying. | 这个桑托斯 他在撒谎 |
[26:02] | Do you refute that, Mr. Santos? | 你有什么要反驳的吗 桑托斯先生 |
[26:09] | Do you have family still in Venezuela, Mr. Santos? | 你在委内瑞拉还有家人吗 桑托斯先生 |
[26:11] | Si. | 是的 |
[26:16] | A wife and two kids. | 妻子和两个孩子 |
[26:18] | So you would like to change your testimony too, | 那么你也愿意改变你的证词 |
[26:19] | Mr. Pulito? | 普利托先生? |
[26:24] | I guess you have family in Venezuela, too? | 我猜你也有家人还在委内瑞拉吧 |
[26:32] | No, no, wait, Kalinda. | 不 等等 凯琳达 |
[26:34] | You don’t need to look into three of the workers. | 三个工人你不必都调查 |
[26:36] | They recanted. | 有人撤回证词了 |
[26:37] | Just one of them is testifying. | 只剩下一个还在作证的 |
[26:39] | He doesn’t have family in Venezuela. | 他在委内瑞拉没有家人了 |
[26:41] | Which one? | 哪一个 |
[26:42] | Okay, got it. | 好的 知道了 |
[26:45] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[26:46] | I need help with just one of the names. | 我只需要你帮忙查一个人 |
[26:48] | Esteban Gonzales. | 伊斯特班·冈查理斯 |
[26:54] | Walk with me. Share your troubles. | 一起走走 分享一下你的麻烦 |
[26:59] | Cary, what’s going on with your investigator Wiley? | 凯里 你那个调查员怀利怎么了 |
[27:03] | My investigator? I don’t know. Why? | 我的调查员? 我不知道 怎么了 |
[27:06] | He approached Alicia. | 他去找艾丽西娅了 |
[27:09] | He doesn’t know. | 他并不知内情 |
[27:11] | I know, but he approached Alicia. | 我知道 不过他去找艾丽西娅了 |
[27:14] | I can’t stop him. | 我没法阻止他 |
[27:16] | The more I try to stop him, the harder he digs. | 我越是拦着 他挖的越深 |
[27:19] | I have to talk to her. | 我得和艾丽西娅谈谈 |
[27:23] | Yeah, that’s a hard one. | 这事可难办 |
[27:25] | By the way, I slept with your husband. | 顺便一说 我和你丈夫上过床 |
[27:27] | Oh, sorry, is that too blunt? | 不好意思 我说得太直白了吗 |
[27:31] | It was before we met. | 那是在我们认识以前 |
[27:33] | Okay, well, then maybe she’ll understand. | 好吧 这样或许她就能谅解你了 |
[27:36] | You know what? It’s my turn. | 知道么 该你帮我了 |
[27:38] | Before you talk to Alicia about your… issue, | 在你和艾丽西娅谈那件事之前 |
[27:43] | Ask her to smooth things over for me with Peter. | 请她帮我吹吹彼得的枕边风 |
[27:47] | What? You’re always asking me for favors. | 干嘛 你一直请我帮你 |
[27:49] | This is mine. | 该你帮我了 |
[27:51] | If Peter is elected, I don’t want to be summarily fired | 要是彼得选上了 我可不想因为关系不好 |
[27:53] | Because there’s bad blood between us. | 被立刻扫地出门 |
[27:55] | So you’re going to stay at the state’s attorney’s office? | 那么你想继续呆在州检察官办公室? |
[27:57] | I like it there. | 我喜欢在那工作 |
[28:00] | But don’t tell her you slept with Peter | 不过在你替我美言之前 |
[28:02] | before you put in a good word for me, okay? | 别告诉她你和彼得上过床 |
[28:08] | Uh, I gotta go. | 呃 我得挂了 |
[28:12] | Mrs. Florrick, hello. | 福瑞克夫人 你好 |
[28:14] | Peter isn’t here. | 彼得不在这里 |
[28:17] | I’m sorry. I thought it was you. | 抱歉 我以为是你干的 |
[28:19] | What was me? | 什么是我干的 |
[28:21] | I was excused from work for the afternoon by Diane, | 戴安给我放了一下午的假 |
[28:25] | and I thought you were the one who arranged it. | 我以为是你安排的 |
[28:28] | – No, never. – I know. | -不 不是我 -我知道 |
[28:29] | It was Frank Landau. | 是弗兰克·朗度干的 |
[28:33] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[28:34] | He’s a little… worried. | 他有点焦虑 |
[28:35] | I know. | 我理解 |
[28:38] | I’ll do it. | 我接受 |
[28:39] | It? | 接受什么 |
[28:41] | The interview. | 接受采访 |
[28:42] | If it’s not too late. | 如果还来得及的话 |
[28:45] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[28:47] | It’s my decision. | 这是我自己的决定 |
[28:52] | Then thank you. | 那谢谢你 |
[28:58] | The witness, Esteban Gonzales, | 这个目击证人 伊斯特班·冈查理斯 |
[29:00] | was indeed injured in a oil rig accident. | 确实在一次石油钻塔事故中受伤了 |
[29:03] | There are hospital records in both Venezuela and Chicago. | 芝加哥和委内瑞拉的医院都有病历 |
[29:05] | It’s untrue. My Dad said… | 这不是真的 我爸爸说… |
[29:06] | It’s not from your dad’s oil rig. | 事故不是发生在你父亲的钻塔上 |
[29:09] | Now the hospital records show | 病历显示 |
[29:11] | that he had salt water in his lungs when he was admitted. | 入院时他的肺里有海水 |
[29:14] | Which is odd… because all the Latin Star rigs are land-based. | 这点很可疑 因为拉丁之星的油井都在陆地上 |
[29:19] | It was offshore drilling. | 那么是海上钻井平台 |
[29:20] | Yep. And you know who has offshore rigs? | 没错 你知道谁拥有海上钻井平台吗 |
[29:23] | Platacostillman. | 帕斯科公司 |
[29:25] | Well, looks like we have something | 看来我们和对手 |
[29:26] | to discuss with our adversaries. | 又有料可谈了 |
[29:28] | It’s a performance, a show, and you’re the wife. | 这就是一场演出 你演的是傲骨贤妻 |
[29:31] | I know, I know. | 我承认 有点虚伪 |
[29:33] | But people don’t listen, they watch. | 不过人们不会听你说什么 他们只是看 |
[29:34] | And they want to see you at ease, calm, loving. | 他们希望看到你轻松 镇定 钟情 |
[29:37] | So… | 那么 |
[29:39] | Do you forgive Peter? | 你原谅彼得了吗 |
[29:42] | I think Peter is my husband; he’s the father of my children; | 彼得是我丈夫 是我孩子的父亲 |
[29:46] | And I watch him every day, | 我每天看着他 |
[29:48] | trying to make amends for his past mistakes. | 试着改正过去犯下的错误 |
[29:50] | So that’s a no? | 那么你还没有原谅他 |
[29:51] | No, it’s a yes. | 不 我原谅他了 |
[29:52] | Good. | 很好 |
[29:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[29:56] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[29:58] | Did it sound true? | 听上去像真的吗 |
[30:03] | Do you know Peter slept with Amber Madison | 你是否知道 彼得和安贝儿·麦迪逊 |
[30:06] | on 18 separate occasions? | 发生过18次性关系 |
[30:10] | She’s gunning for you on that. | 她肯定要用这个问题朝你开火 |
[30:13] | I do know that. | 我知道这件事 |
[30:14] | Does that bother you? | 你感到困扰吗 |
[30:15] | Does it bother me? It horrifies me. | 何止困扰 我的心都碎了 |
[30:16] | Okay, okay, a little less. | 好 好 这个有点过了 |
[30:18] | But Peter and I discussed it. | 不过彼得和我谈过此事 |
[30:21] | It was a difficult time in our marriage. | 那真是婚姻的艰难时期 |
[30:23] | Peter was at work so much, and I was at home. | 彼得忙于工作 而我呆在家里 |
[30:27] | A marriage needs constant attention, | 婚姻需要持续的相互关怀来维系 |
[30:28] | and we allowed our attention to flag. | 可我们就这样任由关怀消散了 |
[30:30] | Good. | 非常好 |
[30:32] | So why will it be different this time if Peter is elected? | 为什么若是彼得这次当选会有所改观 |
[30:34] | Because Peter has seen the inside of a prison cell. | 因为彼得亲眼目击了监狱的内部状况 |
[30:38] | He’s found an enduring faith. | 他找到了恒久的信仰 |
[30:41] | And he’s seen the hurt he’s done to his children. | 他也看到了他对孩子们造成的伤害 |
[30:43] | Good. Tell me about your children. | 不错 谈谈你的孩子们吧 |
[30:45] | How have they handled it? | 他们如何对待此事 |
[30:50] | They’re… | 在我眼中 |
[30:53] | They’re the best people I know. | 他们是最好的孩子 |
[30:56] | I love them more… | 我爱他们 |
[31:03] | I would do anything to see them not hurt. | 只要他们能不受伤害 要我做什么都可以 |
[31:05] | They love their father, | 他们爱他们的父亲 |
[31:07] | And they have stood by him throughout. | 从始至终 他们都陪伴着父亲 |
[31:09] | Good. | 很好 |
[31:11] | Emotional, but not too… | 感性 但不算太…. |
[31:15] | So, tell me about your work. | 那么 谈谈你的工作吧 |
[31:16] | Do you worry your work takes you away from your children? | 你是否担心过事业会疏远你和孩子的关系 |
[31:19] | I do. | 担心过 |
[31:20] | But I needed to work to support my family. | 但我需要工作来补助家庭开销 |
[31:22] | So will you stop working when he’s elected? | 那若他当选 你会辞职吗 |
[31:23] | No. | 不会 |
[31:25] | I care about my work, | 我在乎我的事业 |
[31:27] | I care about my clients, | 在乎我的委托人们 |
[31:29] | and I think that | 并且我认为 |
[31:29] | my children support what I do. | 孩子们会支持我的工作 |
[31:31] | – You think? – Yes. | -你认为吗 -对 |
[31:32] | You have to be more definitive. | 回答得更有力点才行 |
[31:34] | Any anecdotes with the kids that you can relate? | 能引用一下孩子们的原话吗 |
[31:37] | No, that is definitive enough. | 不 我觉得我表达到位了 |
[31:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:41] | Good. | 好 |
[31:42] | Let her come off as the bully. | 让她来做黑脸 |
[31:44] | The viewers want her to ask the tough questions, | 观众会期待她问出一些尖酸的问题 |
[31:47] | then they feel guilty and start blaming her. | 之后他们会感到内疚 并怪罪于她 |
[31:48] | So just stay… cool. And real. | 你只需保持冷静 直言不讳就行 |
[31:53] | We’re ready for you now. | 一切就绪了 |
[31:53] | We’ll be right there. | 我们马上就来 |
[31:57] | Thank you, Alicia. | 谢谢你 艾丽西娅 |
[31:58] | I… I just wish this were all so much easier. | 我希望本希望一切能顺顺当当 |
[32:01] | Well, if it were easier, everybody would be doing it. | 要真能顺顺当当的 大家都能来竞选了 |
[32:06] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[32:07] | Mrs. Florrick, Andrew Wiley. | 福瑞克夫人 我是安德鲁·怀利 |
[32:09] | About my investigation– do you have a moment? | 是关于我那个调查的事 你有空吗 |
[32:11] | No, Mr. Wiley, I do not. | 怀利先生 我没空 |
[32:13] | And if you contact me one more time without some real evidence, | 如果你继续无端联系我 |
[32:16] | I will sue your office for harassment, | 我会告你们骚扰 |
[32:17] | do you understand me? | 明白吗 |
[32:25] | This means nothing. | 这什么也证明不了 |
[32:27] | It means everything. | 这可以证明一切 |
[32:29] | It means Luis Rios never had a human rights problem on his rigs, | 它可证明路易斯·里奥斯从未有过人权问题 |
[32:32] | but you did, Mr. Francis. | 有这问题的是你 弗朗西斯先生 |
[32:34] | I think that’s a stretch. | 扯远了吧 |
[32:36] | Let’s see how stretchy it is | 我们可以瞧瞧 |
[32:37] | to the press and your shareholders. | 媒体和股东会不会觉得这算跑题 |
[32:40] | First I beat George W. Bush– | 我之前打败了乔治·布什 |
[32:43] | now I beat you, Mr. Danger! | 现在又打败了你 危险先生 |
[32:47] | $50 million. | 五千万 |
[32:49] | With a gag order. | 你们得签封口令 |
[32:50] | But we have to close right now. | 但这案子必须现在就结 |
[32:52] | No. | 不行 |
[32:54] | Uh, I think we need a minute. | 我想我们得商量一下 |
[32:56] | No we don’t. | 不需要 |
[32:57] | You’ll have to do better. | 你们的条件不够好 |
[32:58] | This is not the time to play good cop, bad cop. | 这时候可不用唱黑白脸 |
[33:01] | I’m not. | 我认真的 |
[33:03] | $50 million is not acceptable. | 五千万太少了 |
[33:05] | Oh, come on, president! | 拜托 总统大人 |
[33:06] | This is ridiculous. | 真是荒唐 |
[33:13] | He’s saying, “I know what you want, | 他说 我知道你打的什么主意 |
[33:15] | and you’re never gonna get it.” | 你别做梦了得到它 |
[33:16] | Wait, who? | 等等 谁 |
[33:18] | The CEO is telling Chavez that he’s never gonna get it. | 首席执行官对查韦斯说他想要的肯定拿不到 |
[33:20] | and the president is saying, | 然后总统说 |
[33:22] | “It was mine anyway. You stole it.” | 本来就是我的 是你们之前偷走了 |
[33:23] | What? What did they steal? | 什么 他们偷走了什么 |
[33:25] | A geophysical surveying map of the untapped oil reserves | 这是位于委内瑞拉奥里诺科石油带的 |
[33:28] | in the Orinoco Belt. | 未开采石油的地理综合勘察地图 |
[33:30] | President Chavez wants this map to know where to drill for oil. | 查韦斯总统想利用此地图得知钻井的最佳地点 |
[33:33] | And Platacostillman commissioned the survey | 而帕斯科公司委托进行了此勘测 |
[33:36] | and considers it proprietary work product. | 并将其视为自己的工作成果 |
[33:38] | And what does this have to do with your lawsuit? | 这和本次诉讼案有何关联 |
[33:40] | Nothing, your honor, in our opinion. | 我方认为 并无关联 法官大人 |
[33:42] | That’s why we ask you to sever the two cases. | 正因如此我们请您将两案分开对待 |
[33:44] | President Chavez has a conflict of interest here. | 查韦斯总统在这里存在利益冲突 |
[33:46] | What he’s asking for won’t benefit my client in the least. | 他的要求对我的委托人毫无益处 |
[33:50] | There is no conflict of interest, your honor. | 这里并没有利益冲突 法官大人 |
[33:52] | The president is trying to negotiate | 总统只是在设法寻求 |
[33:54] | a greater settlement, that’s all. | 更好的协商结果 仅此而已 |
[33:55] | We all benefit from a greater settlement. | 更好的协商结果能使我们双方受益 |
[33:58] | Don’t we, your honor? | 不是吗 法官大人 |
[34:03] | Y-your honor? | 法官大人 |
[34:04] | Was that in your opinion? | 这是你的看法吗 |
[34:09] | Well, yes, in my opinion. | 对 在我看来 |
[34:11] | So we’re back to square one? | 我们又回到起点了? |
[34:13] | Okay, here’s the deal. | 好了 这么办吧 |
[34:14] | You want the surveys, we want the money. | 你们想勘测结果 而我们要的是钱 |
[34:17] | We’ll drop out of the case, and you settle with | 你去协商帕斯科公司那边 |
[34:20] | Platacostillman for the survey maps. | 勘测地图的事 而我们则撤销诉讼 |
[34:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:22] | And what do you get? | 你们想要什么条件 |
[34:24] | Transfer of $86 million to this Latin star account | 在今天之内在这个拉丁执行账户上 |
[34:27] | by end of business day today. | 打八千六百万美元 |
[34:30] | You were willing to take $50 million from Platacostillman. | 之前帕斯科公司出五千万你们愿意点答应了 |
[34:33] | Just consider that the standard surcharge for dictators. | 你就当这是向独裁者漫天要价吧 |
[34:39] | Let me take it to the president. | 我去问问总统 |
[34:42] | You know, he’s really a nice person, | 你们要是真正了解他 |
[34:44] | once you get to know him. | 会发现他是个大好人 |
[34:46] | Sings like an angel. | 有天籁般的嗓音 |
[34:49] | Good job, Natalie. | 干得好 娜塔莉 |
[34:51] | You can manage my money anytime. | 你可以随时来帮我理财 |
[34:54] | And thank you. | 也谢谢你们 |
[34:55] | For everything, really. | 为我做的一切 |
[34:57] | This has been cool. | 真是太棒了 |
[34:59] | Dad, really, you can stop worrying. | 爸爸 真的别担心了 |
[35:02] | I’m not just saying that. | 我没忽悠你 |
[35:05] | I’m not saying that to make you feel better. | 我不是在说假话哄你开心 |
[35:08] | I think he’s a good man. | 我认为他是个好人 |
[35:11] | I think he would be the first to admit he has flaws, | 他敢于承认自己的错误 |
[35:15] | but I wouldn’t be here if I thought otherwise. | 如果不是这样我不会来 |
[35:17] | So you think there’s no connection then between the– | 那么你认为一个人的公众表现与 |
[35:20] | a person’s public persona and their private one? | 私生活是完全的两码事 是吗 |
[35:22] | No, I definitely think there is. | 不 我认为两者密不可分 |
[35:24] | I just think it’s easy for people to judge, | 我觉得人们都会评头论足 |
[35:27] | and I think it’s harder for them to forgive. | 却很难宽恕别人 |
[35:29] | So you have forgiven him? | 也就是说你已经原谅他了? |
[35:31] | I have. | 没错 |
[35:32] | What is in the past is in the past. | 成事不谏 既往不咎 |
[35:34] | And your children– | 那你的孩子们 |
[35:35] | have they forgiven him? | 他们原谅他了吗 |
[35:36] | My children love their father. | 我的孩子们爱他们的父亲 |
[35:39] | They would do anything for him. | 他们愿为他做任何事 |
[35:41] | And I think the hardest thing for Peter | 我想对于彼得来说 看到自己 |
[35:43] | has been seeing how much he’s hurt them. | 伤了他们的心 他会倍感煎熬的 |
[35:46] | Believe me, he will do anything not to hurt them again. | 相信我 他绝不会容许自己重蹈覆辙 |
[35:49] | And what about you, Alicia? | 谈谈你自己吧 艾丽西娅 |
[35:50] | Do you have any designs on a political career? | 你想过涉足政界吗 |
[35:55] | Is it really such a strange question? | 我的问题很奇怪吗 |
[35:58] | You’re smart, you’re eloquent, | 你机智善辩 |
[35:59] | well-known, well-liked– | 家喻户晓 广受欢迎 |
[36:00] | My guess is, better liked than your husband. | 你的人气没准比你丈夫还高 |
[36:03] | I doubt that. | 那可不一定 |
[36:04] | I’m not built for it. | 我无心插柳 |
[36:05] | I don’t like getting up in front of people. | 也无意在公众抛头露面 |
[36:06] | You could’ve fooled me. | 差点就相信你了 |
[36:08] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:10] | But I’m enjoying my job too much, and being a mother. | 我热爱我的事业 也想当个好母亲 |
[36:14] | That’s what I’m good at. | 这才是我所擅长的 |
[36:15] | And don’t you think we need more women in politics? | 你不认为当今政界应有更多女性的身影吗 |
[36:17] | Wouldn’t women make a bigger difference in politics? | 女性难道不能使政界风生大为改观吗 |
[36:21] | I think men and women would… | 我想男性与女性 |
[36:22] | What do you think? | 你看如何 |
[36:23] | …Make just about the same difference in politics. | …在政治领域并无优劣之分 |
[36:25] | People do good and bad things based on who they are… | 人们的一切作为只是基于他们的立场… |
[36:27] | I think she’s fantastic. | 我觉得她很了不起 |
[36:30] | I think she just won him the election. | 我觉得她已经帮助他当选了 |
[36:33] | Probably. | 或许吧 |
[36:35] | You should tell her how fantastic she is. | 你应该亲口告诉她 她有多了不起 |
[36:39] | She knows. | 她知道 |
[36:40] | You should tell her. | 你该亲口告诉她 |
[36:43] | People like to be told. | 人们还是喜欢亲耳所到 |
[36:48] | You’re in a weird mood. | 你的口气有点怪啊 |
[36:51] | I am. | 是啊 |
[36:58] | After an election year filled with scandals, | 经过了这个充斥各种丑闻的选举年 |
[37:01] | the race for Cook County state’s attorney is one we plan to follow, | 库克郡州检察官的竞选即将落下帷幕 |
[37:04] | as precincts continue to report results. | 各选区目前仍在不断汇报统计数据 |
[37:06] | While Peter Florrick has kept a slight but consistent lead… | 彼得·福瑞克一直保持着微弱的领先优势… |
[37:18] | Hey, it’s the candidate’s wife, everybody! | 各位 这就是候选人的妻子 |
[37:24] | Mom, they love you. | 妈妈 他们都爱死你了 |
[37:25] | It’s election night. | 今晚是选举之夜 |
[37:27] | Wait till tomorrow. | 明天就不一定了 |
[37:28] | – Nice one. – Oh. Thank you. | -干得不错 -谢谢 |
[37:30] | Alicia Florrick had been out of the public eye | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克在过去很长一段时间内 |
[37:32] | for much of this campaign– | 都没有出现在公众的视线里 |
[37:34] | So local pundits believed this actually hurt Peter, | 有当地专家认为 其妻子的拒绝露面 |
[37:36] | Not to have his wife– | 曾切实伤害到彼得的 |
[37:38] | I’m sorry to interrupt, Kate, | 凯特 不好意思打断一下 |
[37:38] | but we have one more township reporting in. | 但我们有个选区的结果马上要切进来 |
[37:40] | Orland township goes to Peter Florrick. | 彼得·福瑞克拿下了奥兰镇 |
[37:47] | You need to get him to start thinking about the next. | 你要开始帮他考虑下一步了 |
[37:49] | Let him win this one first. | 先把这个赢了再说 |
[37:51] | Come on, Eli. | 拜托 伊莱 |
[37:52] | You rest tonight, we start tomorrow. | 今晚好好放松 明天我们再开始 |
[37:54] | On? | 开始什么 |
[37:55] | The U.S. Senate. | 美国联邦参议员 |
[37:58] | Don’t act surprised. | 少假装吃惊了 |
[37:59] | It was the goal all along. | 不是一直以这个为目标吗 |
[38:01] | And the democratic committee will stand behind him? | 民主党委员会会一直支持他的吗 |
[38:04] | That’s a good boy you got there, Eli. | 这小子很行 伊莱 |
[38:06] | People like him. | 人们喜欢他 |
[38:07] | They like his story. | 他们喜欢他的故事 |
[38:08] | They especially like his wife. | 他们尤其喜欢他老婆 |
[38:09] | The comeback is one thing, | 复出只是一方面 |
[38:11] | but one year after being convicted, | 但是在被判入狱后的一年 |
[38:12] | to get this– whew! | 又重回检察官办公室 |
[38:14] | And that’s a testament to you, by the way. | 而且 这也是对你能力的证明 |
[38:17] | So you’ll support him officially? | 那么你会公开支持他吗 |
[38:19] | Let him get his feet wet first. | 让他先热身起来吧 |
[38:22] | You start lining up donors, and sure, we’ll be there. | 等你们开始邀集捐款人了 我们肯定会到 |
[38:27] | Alicia! | 艾丽西娅 |
[38:29] | There you are. | 找到你了 |
[38:30] | What an interview. | 你的访谈太棒了 |
[38:31] | I’ve never seen Erica | 艾瑞卡这么厉害的记者 |
[38:33] | eat out of someone’s hand like that before. | 你居然和她谈笑风生 |
[38:35] | Mr. Landau. Where’s Peter? | 朗度先生 彼得在哪儿 |
[38:37] | Oh, like the bride before the wedding, indisposed. | 就像准新娘一样 闹小别扭呢 |
[38:39] | Good job, Alicia. | 干得不错 艾丽西娅 |
[38:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:54] | Grandma’s drunk. | 奶奶喝醉了 |
[38:56] | I think that’s just her. | 我看她很正常啊 |
[39:02] | Alicia, isn’t it wonderful? | 艾丽西娅 这太棒了 对吗 |
[39:05] | The kids. | 孩子们 |
[39:07] | You’re so special. | 你们太特别了 |
[39:10] | Grace, look at you. | 格蕾丝 看看你 |
[39:11] | Growing up. | 长这么大了 |
[39:15] | You made me proud. | 我为你骄傲 |
[39:17] | Your interview made me cry. | 你的访谈把我看哭了 |
[39:21] | Now, I want you to have fun tonight. | 今晚你就好好玩吧 |
[39:23] | I’ll take care of the kids. | 我来照顾孩子们 |
[39:24] | We’ve got rooms down the hall. | 我们在门厅那边有房间 |
[39:26] | …Closely throughout the evening, | …今晚的选举统计即将接近尾声 |
[39:27] | as precincts continue to report results. | 各选区目前仍在不断汇报统计结果 |
[39:29] | While Peter florrick has kept a slight but consistent lead… | 彼得·福瑞克一直保持着微弱的领先优势… |
[39:39] | As we continue to await results, we look back… | 等待结果到来的同时 让我们回顾… |
[39:45] | You came. | 你来了 |
[39:46] | Just for a minute. | 就待一下 |
[39:47] | Would you like a drink? | 要喝一杯吗 |
[39:48] | Andre told me he talked to you. | 安德烈告诉我他找你谈过了 |
[39:51] | I’m sorry. | 太抱歉了 |
[39:53] | He can be pretty insensitive. | 他有点疑神疑鬼 |
[39:56] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[40:07] | The opposing lawyer in the case yesterday, Mr. Thomas– | 昨天那桩案子的对方律师 汤普森先生 |
[40:14] | That’s great. | 太棒了 |
[40:16] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:17] | It means being in D.C.. | 所以我要去华盛顿了 |
[40:20] | Oh, wow. That-that really is great. | 那-那真是太棒了 |
[40:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:24] | Now when you’re in trouble, you can come to me for help. | 以后要是你有麻烦了 可以来找我帮忙 |
[40:32] | If this were another time… | 如果不是此时此地… |
[40:34] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:36] | That the state’s attorney’s office | 州检察长的位子对他来说 |
[40:39] | is merely just a stepping stone for his higher office… | 不过是攀登更高位置的垫脚石… |
[40:42] | Wait a minute, wait a minute. | 等一下 等一下 |
[40:43] | I want to confirm this before we can report it. | 在报道之前我们要先确认一下 |
[40:45] | Okay. WBBM can now project | 好的 CBS芝加哥新闻台现在播报 |
[40:47] | that Peter Florrick is the next state’s attorney… | 彼得·福瑞克当选为下一任州检察官… |
[41:08] | I couldn’t get ahold of you. | 我联系不上你 |
[41:10] | I’ve been trying your cell. | 我一直打你电话来着 |
[41:13] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[41:15] | I’ve been ignoring your calls. | 我忽略了你的来电 |
[41:16] | It’s not bad news. | 这不算什么坏消息 |
[41:17] | I’m a bit busy here, Mr. Wiley. | 我正忙着呢 怀利先生 |
[41:20] | Yeah, it looks like. | 是啊 看出来了 |
[41:22] | I-I was feeling bad. | 我感觉糟透了 |
[41:24] | I found out Blake’s interviews were bogus– | 我查出来布莱克的访谈是胡扯的 |
[41:27] | Just something he made up. | 一些他胡编乱造的事 |
[41:30] | And you came here to tell me that? | 你来就是为了说这个? |
[41:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[41:33] | Why not? | 为什么不是 |
[41:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:36] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:38] | It was a rumor your husband slept with, | 是一个关于你丈夫与别人有染的谣言 |
[41:39] | one of his coworkers two years ago. | 两年前和他的一个同事 |
[41:43] | The rumor didn’t pan out. | 这条谣言没能得逞 |
[41:47] | Why are you telling me this? | 你干嘛找我说这些 |
[41:49] | I wanted you to know. | 我想让你知道 |
[41:50] | I mean, it’s always best to know the truth, | 我是说 知道真相总是好的 |
[41:53] | No matter how much it hurts or helps. | 不管这真相本身是好是坏 |
[41:55] | Do you believe that? | 你觉得呢 |
[41:56] | Yes. | 对 |
[41:57] | I checked out the woman’s name– | 我去查了那个女人的名字 |
[41:59] | the coworker he supposedly slept with. | 那个传言中与他有染的女人 |
[42:01] | There was no one in the department with that name. | 他们部门里并没有这个人 |
[42:07] | Leela. | 利拉 |
[42:12] | But she doesn’t exist. | 但她并不存在 |
[42:13] | Unless you’ve heard of her. | 除非你听说过她 |
[42:15] | Have you heard of her? Leela? | 你听说过这人吗 利拉 |
[42:21] | You all right? | 你还好吧 |
[42:29] | Let me introduce you to Cook County’s | 让我来为大家介绍 |
[42:31] | new State’s Attorney, Peter Florrick! | 库克县新任州检察长 彼得·福瑞克 |