时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | – He could be president. – Oh, please, stop. | -他没准能当总统 -拜托 别说了 |
[00:08] | What? He’s handsome enough. | 干嘛 他长得够帅 |
[00:12] | He’s certainly tall enough. | 玉树临风 |
[00:14] | Oh, Peter isn’t even sure if he’s running for governor. | 彼得还没决定要不要竞选州长呢 |
[00:17] | Oh, he’ll run for governor. | 他会去竞选州长的 |
[00:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[00:20] | He has to decide by next week. | 他下周必须要做决定 |
[00:22] | Hello, Jackie. | 你好 杰姬 |
[00:26] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[00:27] | You have a moment? | 你有空吗 |
[00:29] | I do. | 有 |
[00:39] | I haven’t seen you for while, Alicia. | 好一阵子没见了 艾丽西娅 |
[00:41] | – How are you? – Why, Jackie? Why’d you do it? | -你好吗 -为什么 杰姬 为什么这么做 |
[00:44] | Why did I… do it? | 为什么怎么做 |
[00:45] | The house. | 房子 |
[00:47] | The house Zach and Grace grew up in. | 扎克和格蕾丝从小长大的房子 |
[00:49] | The house I lived in for 13 years. | 我住了13年的房子 |
[00:51] | – Why did… I put a down payment on it? – Yes. | -你问我为什么给出了首付? -是的 |
[00:54] | I didn’t want to see it go to another family. | 我不想它被别人家买走 |
[00:56] | You knew I put an offer on it, | 你明知道我开了价的 |
[00:58] | and you didn’t want me to get it. | 你是不想让我买到 |
[00:59] | I-I was visiting a friend in Highland Park, | 我去高地公园访友时 |
[01:01] | and I saw the “For sale” sign, and… | 看见出售的标志 |
[01:04] | I decided to put a down payment on it. | 于是就决定给出首付了 |
[01:06] | Because you just so happened to need a four-bedroom, 3,400-square-foot-house? | 因为你正好需要一栋320平米 4居室的房子? |
[01:10] | No, it’s not for me. It’s for Peter and the kids. | 不是给我自己的 是给彼得和孩子们 |
[01:12] | We struggled for three years, Jackie. | 我们挣扎了三年 杰姬 |
[01:14] | We lost our home. | 我们失去了自己的家 |
[01:16] | We took Zach and Grace out of school. | 被迫给扎克和格蕾丝转校 |
[01:18] | Where was all this generosity… | 那个时候 怎么不见你这么慷慨… |
[01:19] | Alicia, I offered you a place in my home, | 艾丽西娅 我邀请你们住到我家 |
[01:23] | I offered you loans, | 还提出借钱给你 |
[01:24] | and every time you said, “I want to do it on my own.” | 但你每次都说 “我自己想办法” |
[01:28] | Well, I don’t have that many years left, | 我也没剩下几年了 |
[01:30] | and I’d like to leave something for my children. | 我想给孩子们留点东西 |
[01:32] | And you’ll live there with them. | 你会搬进去和他们一起住 |
[01:34] | – What? – You’re giving Peter and the kids the house, | -什么 -你把房子送给彼得和孩子们 |
[01:37] | and you will live there with them. | 然后搬进去和他们一起住 |
[01:38] | I don’t know. I-I don’t want to presume. | 我不知道 我不想妄下定论 |
[01:42] | Well, you’re finally getting what you wanted, Jackie. | 你终于要得到自己想要的了 杰姬 |
[01:44] | And what is that? | 我想要的是什么 |
[01:46] | Replacing me. | 替代我 |
[01:47] | Oh, Alicia, I am not replacing you. | 艾丽西娅 不是我替代你 |
[01:51] | You left. | 是你离开了 |
[01:55] | I’m stopping you. | 我会阻止你 |
[01:56] | I’m not really sure how you’ll do that. | 想不出来你能拿什么阻止我 |
[01:59] | I’m a lawyer; watch me. | 我是个律师 你等着瞧吧 |
[02:06] | Lindsey… | 琳赛 |
[02:07] | Megan… | 梅根 |
[02:08] | and Pamela. | 帕梅拉 |
[02:10] | These three young women | 这三位年轻女士 |
[02:11] | have spent five years in prison, Your Honor, | 已经在狱中待了5年 法官阁下 |
[02:14] | five years, for a murder they did not commit. | 整整5年 全因为一项不是她们犯下的谋杀案 |
[02:17] | Excuse me, Your Honor, that is still unproven. | 抱歉 法官阁下 这点尚未得到证实 |
[02:19] | Yes, but what is proven is | 的确 但已经得到证实的是 |
[02:21] | that the DNA tying these girls to the body was bogus. | 将她们与尸体联系起来的DNA是假的 |
[02:23] | Again, Your Honor, an assertion. | 法官大人 这又是他们的主观断言 |
[02:24] | Yes, but it’s not looking good for you, is it, Mr Agos? | 没错 但情况对你不利啊 艾格斯先生 |
[02:26] | This is the fifth case I’ve had through here | 这是我经手的第五宗 |
[02:28] | due to the malfeasance of the Illinois Crime Lab, | 本州犯罪实验室渎职而导致的案子了 |
[02:31] | and I’ve overturned all of them. | 前面几宗 我全都判决翻案了 |
[02:33] | But those four cas were built only on DNA. | 但前4宗案子 全都只基于DNA |
[02:36] | Here, there was physical evidence. | 而这宗案子有物证 |
[02:37] | The shoe prints of all three of these women | 这三位女士的鞋印 |
[02:39] | were found in the vicinity of the body. | 在尸体附近出现 |
[02:41] | ‘Cause it was on a trail that they used every day. | 因为她们每天都经过那条小路 |
[02:42] | And witnesses at the summer camp | 此外 夏令营中有人作证 |
[02:45] | testified to them repeatedly bullying… | 在案发当天 她们多次欺负… |
[02:48] | Rosa Torres on the day of her murder, Your Honor. | 罗莎·托雷斯 法官阁下 |
[02:52] | It is unfair to discount the totality of that evidence | 因为一项小小的违规操作 就无视所有证据 |
[02:55] | due to one simple infraction. | 是不公平的 |
[02:56] | “One simple infraction”? | 小小的违规操作? |
[02:58] | Really? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[03:00] | The cornerstone of your case was the DNA– the jury was lied to. | 你们控诉全建立在DNA上 陪审团被欺骗了 |
[03:03] | Not by the state’s attorney’s office | 并不是州检办的过错 |
[03:04] | Which is why the state’s attorney’s office | 那么州检办 |
[03:06] | should share in our anger at this injustice. | 就应和我们一样对这样的不公正感到愤怒 |
[03:08] | They should be agitating for the immediate release of these women, | 他们应该要求将三位女士当庭释放 |
[03:11] | not fighting against it. | 而不是从中作梗 |
[03:12] | Okay. Thank you, everyone. You can sit down now. | 感谢各位 请坐下 |
[03:15] | Given the egregious nature of these crime lab infractions, | 鉴于犯罪实验室违规操作的性质极其恶劣 |
[03:18] | I have no choice other than to vacate these convictions. | 我别无选择 唯有撤销定罪 |
[03:22] | Your Honor, we would move for an immediate release. | 法官阁下 我们提请当庭释放三位女士 |
[03:24] | Mr. Agos, do you intend to proceed on the original charges? | 艾格斯先生 你打算坚持原来的控诉吗 |
[03:26] | We do, Your Honor. And we would oppose bail. | 是 法官阁下 同时我们反对保释 |
[03:28] | It was denied in the original trial, | 保释在原来的审判中就被驳回了 |
[03:30] | and we see no compelling reason for it to be granted now. | 现在也并无有力的理由批准保释 |
[03:32] | I would agree. | 我同意 |
[03:33] | The defendants are held for retrial. | 被告将被关押 等待重审 |
[03:37] | What’s that mean? I stay inside? | 什么意思 我继续待在里头? |
[03:39] | Just for the moment. But this was the big one, | 只是暂时的 更重要的是 |
[03:41] | getting the conviction vacated. | 定罪被撤销了 |
[03:43] | I’m gonna cry. | 我要哭了 |
[03:44] | – It’s good, Lindsey. – I know, | -这是好事 琳赛 -我知道 |
[03:46] | it’s just, I don’t think they’ll let me out. | 只是我觉得他们不会放我出来 |
[03:48] | I have this nightmare of this open door. | 我常做一个噩梦 梦里有一道开着的门 |
[03:50] | Every time I get close to it, it shuts in my face. | 我每次一靠近门 就在我面前关上 |
[03:53] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[03:54] | – Damn it. – Key thing is, we kept them behind bars. | -该死的 -重要的是 她们仍关在牢里 |
[03:57] | You know what this is, don’t you? | 你明白这是什么情况 对吧 |
[04:00] | I’m paying for the sins of the past. | 我在为过往的罪付出代价 |
[04:02] | Crime lab screws up under Childs… | 犯罪实验室在查尔兹手下搞砸了 |
[04:04] | I have to pay the price. | 要我来付出代价 |
[04:06] | Do we retry? | 咱们重新起诉吗 |
[04:08] | They bullied and killed that girl. | 她们欺负并杀死了那个女孩 |
[04:11] | Not only that, | 不仅如此 |
[04:12] | I promised the Torres family | 我答应托雷斯夫妇 |
[04:14] | that I wouldn’t let the killers of their daughter go unpunished. | 不让杀害他们女儿的凶手们逍遥法外 |
[04:19] | Judge Romano seems to be leaning against this. | 罗曼诺法官似乎对这个很有意见 |
[04:21] | It’s crime lab fatigue. | 她受够了犯罪实验室的过错 |
[04:26] | Offer them an Alford plea. | 向他们提出”阿尔弗德答辩”的条件 |
[04:26] | 阿尔弗德答辩 即被告声称自己是无辜的 但承认有足够的证据证明其有罪 | |
[04:29] | I’ve got to get this off our ledger. | 我得赶紧摆平这件事 |
[04:33] | Hello… | 你好 |
[04:35] | Yeah. Hold on. Cary. | 是 等等 凯里 |
[04:37] | Everybody has to sign on though. | 每个人都得签 |
[04:39] | If that’s what you want. | 如果你希望这样的话 |
[04:41] | Hey, Alicia, what’s up? | 艾丽西娅 怎么了 |
[04:45] | What? | 什么 |
[04:45] | She said she bought the house for you and the kids. | 她说她为你和孩子们买了那栋房子 |
[04:48] | She said what? | 她说什么 |
[04:50] | This is the first I’ve heard of it. | 我第一次听说这件事 |
[04:52] | It’s not that I don’t want you in there, Peter, | 不是我不想要你住在那里 彼得 |
[04:53] | It’s just weird being separated | 但在我们分居的情况下 |
[04:55] | and having the kids wanting to be in the house with you | 孩子们总想着跟你去老房子里住 |
[04:58] | while I’m on the outs. | 而我成了碍事的人 这感觉很奇怪 |
[04:59] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:01] | But… y-you were thinking of buying the house, too, right? | 但你也确实考虑过要买那栋房子 |
[05:04] | Well, yeah, because of this condo conversion. | 是 因为公寓只能买不能租了 |
[05:06] | Yeah, but then it would’ve been | 对 但这样就成了 |
[05:07] | you in the house with the kids and me on the outs. | 你跟孩子们住在老房子里而我成了碍事的人 |
[05:12] | Um… You’re right. | 你说的也对 |
[05:13] | I-I’m sorry, we should’ve talked. | 对不起 我买房之前应该跟你谈的 |
[05:16] | Okay. Well… | 好了 |
[05:18] | Don’t worry, I will speak to Jackie. | 别着急 我会跟杰姬讲的 |
[05:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[05:30] | Must be odd | 挺尴尬吧 |
[05:31] | working in the same town as your husband. | 跟你老公在一个城市工作 |
[05:33] | Nope, it isn’t. | 不啊 没事的 |
[05:34] | What can I help you with, Mr. Kresteva? | 你找我有什么事吗 克里斯特瓦先生 |
[05:36] | Mike. Nice kids. | 叫我迈克就好 孩子们真可爱 |
[05:38] | Thanks, Mike | 谢谢 迈克 |
[05:40] | Eh, it’s just, how do you handle it, | 我想知道 当你做刑事辩护的时候 |
[05:42] | fighting criminal cases when your husbans on the other side? | 如果对手是你老公 你会怎么办呢 |
[05:45] | With great delicacy. | 我会谨慎处理 |
[05:48] | I like you, Alicia. | 我喜欢你 艾丽西娅 |
[05:49] | – You have wit. – Thank you. | -你很聪明 -谢谢夸奖 |
[05:52] | I didn’t think it ended so well the last time we spoke, Mike. | 迈克 我感觉我们上次见面挺不愉快的 |
[05:56] | So what is it that you need? | 你还需要我做什么 |
[05:57] | I thought it ended pretty well. | 我觉得我们的会面挺顺畅 |
[05:59] | I never try to make enemies. | 我不想四处树敌 |
[06:01] | Whenever I disagre with someone I think: | 我跟别人意见分歧时 我会这样想 |
[06:02] | today I can’t see their side, | 今天我不认同他们的观点 |
[06:04] | but tomorrow, who knows? | 但谁又知道明天会发生什么 |
[06:06] | So y-you see my side? | 你现在认同我的观点了? |
[06:07] | Well, I’ve come to present you with the report | 我今天来送给你我们蓝带小组 |
[06:09] | from our blue ribbon panel. | 的调查报告 |
[06:11] | I recused myself. | 我已经回避了 |
[06:12] | Yes, but we’ve changed our conclusions. | 是 但我们改变了调查结论 |
[06:14] | You convinced us. | 你说服了我们 |
[06:16] | We censure the officers for not announcing themselves, | 我们对警员未能表明身份表示谴责 |
[06:19] | shooting an unarmed man, | 他们对手无寸铁的人开枪 |
[06:20] | and possibly even placing a drop gun in his hand. | 甚至涉嫌伪造受害人手中有枪的情形 |
[06:23] | to cover their tracks. | 来掩盖自己的过失 |
[06:24] | And it also censures my husband for covering it up? | 同时你们也要谴责我丈夫掩盖此事? |
[06:27] | Well… yes. | 是啊 |
[06:28] | Truth is truth, isn’it? | 真相就是真相 对吧 |
[06:31] | You wouldn’t have us compromise the truth | 你不会出于对家人的情感 |
[06:34] | out of some misplaced deference to family connections? | 而让我们牺牲真相的发现吧? |
[06:36] | No. So then you understand why I have to recuse myself. | 不会 所以你能理解我为什么回避了 |
[06:39] | That’s why I’m here. | 这正是我来的原因 |
[06:40] | I’m offering you a chance to write a minority report. | 我来给你个写少数派报告的机会 |
[06:44] | And what would that say? | 这个报告该写些什么呢 |
[06:45] | Whatever you want. Whatever your conscience guides you to say. | 随你便啊 凭你的良心说话就好 |
[06:51] | I think I’ll decline. | 我还是谢绝你的好意吧 |
[06:53] | Mrs. Florrick, I know you don’t trust me, | 福瑞克女士 我知道你不信任我 |
[06:55] | but I’ve come around to your side. | 但我确实已经站到你这边来了 |
[06:58] | All tyranny needs to gain a foothold | 如果暴君想让自己的统治站稳脚跟 |
[07:00] | is for people of good conscience to remain silent, | 他只需要那些有良知的人保持沉默 |
[07:03] | so… don’t remain silent. | 所以…不要保持沉默 |
[07:06] | Michael? | 迈克尔? |
[07:07] | Hello. How are you? | 你好 最近还好吧 |
[07:09] | I’m good, Diane. | 我很好 戴安 |
[07:10] | You look great. | 看起来气色不错 |
[07:11] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[07:12] | Now, don’t you dare think about poaching Alicia. | 你可别想把艾丽西娅挖走 |
[07:14] | We’ve got our hooks into her. | 我们已经把她紧紧地拴住了 |
[07:16] | Actually, I was here to poacho you. Ha! | 我实际是来挖你的 哈 |
[07:18] | Alicia just asked me in to discuss our blue ribbon panel. | 艾丽西娅找我来讨论蓝带小组的事 |
[07:21] | Really? Well, I hope that all works out. | 真的吗 我希望你们工作进展得顺利 |
[07:24] | I’m sure it will. | 一定会的 |
[07:25] | Anyway, Alicia, thank you. | 艾丽西娅 谢谢你 |
[07:27] | It was most helpful. | 今天的讨论很有意义 |
[07:28] | And thank you, Diane, | 还要谢谢你 戴安 |
[07:29] | for putting Alicia on the panel. | 把艾丽西娅推荐给我们 |
[07:34] | Well… odd that. | 太奇怪了 |
[07:38] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[07:39] | So, uh, Cary called, and we have an Alford plea. | 凯里来电话说我们可以做阿尔弗德答辩 |
[07:43] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[07:44] | My guess is they’re worried about a lawsuit. | 我感觉他们怕被起诉 |
[07:47] | Lindsey will need some hand-holding. | 琳赛需要人引导 |
[07:50] | We don’t want her to take it? | 我们不想让她接受这个条件吗 |
[07:52] | Oh, no, we just… | 不是 我们想… |
[07:53] | want her to know all the facts. | 让她了解全部的事实 |
[07:56] | So, what do I do? | 我该怎么做 |
[07:58] | Don’t sleep with other people. | 不要再跟其他人上床 |
[08:00] | And that will get me elected? | 这就能确保我当选吗 |
[08:02] | I’d vote for you. | 我会愿意投你票 |
[08:04] | Here’s how people will elect you as Illinoi senator. | 你若当选伊利诺伊州参议员 本钱在于 |
[08:07] | – You’re a woman. – Thank you. | -你是女人 -谢谢夸奖 |
[08:09] | There are three other men in the race. | 同时参选的其他三人都是男的 |
[08:11] | They will split the male vote. | 他们会瓜分男性选民的选票 |
[08:12] | You will win the female vote, | 女性选民则会投你 |
[08:14] | but… only if you win the female vote. | 但你得赢得她们的选票才行 |
[08:17] | – Meaning…? – Female voters are traditional. | -就是说… -女性选民都很传统 |
[08:20] | They don’t like a modern woman. | 她们不喜欢现代女性的形象 |
[08:22] | And that’s why you’re going to stand beside me, | 所以你要跟我站在一起 |
[08:23] | and by your woman? | 站在你女人身边 |
[08:26] | Vanessa, that is not what I was saying. | 凡妮莎 我不是这个意思 |
[08:28] | But it’s the point, isn’t it? | 但这就是关键 不是吗 |
[08:30] | Having my ex-husband approving of me | 让我的前夫支持我 |
[08:34] | makes me more traditional. | 这样就让我显得更传统 |
[08:36] | – Vanessa. – What? | -凡妮莎 -怎么了 |
[08:38] | I’m not saying we have to mean it. | 我又没说我们不能口是心非 |
[08:41] | I’m talking about politics. | 我谈论的是政治 |
[08:43] | Just politics? | 只有政治? |
[08:44] | Yes. | 对 |
[08:46] | What else is there? | 还有别的吗 |
[08:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:52] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[09:02] | A what? | 什么 |
[09:03] | An Alford plea. | 阿尔弗德答辩 |
[09:05] | It’s a form a… | 这是一种… |
[09:07] | a guilty plea. | 是一种有罪答辩 |
[09:08] | – No. – Wait, just… just hear us. | -不 -别急 听我们讲完 |
[09:10] | – I already said… – Lindsey, listen. | -我已经说过了 -琳赛你听我说 |
[09:11] | We’ll do whatever you want, | 我们肯定会尊重你的意见 |
[09:14] | but with an Alford plea, | 但如果做阿尔弗德答辩 |
[09:15] | you get out. | 你能马上出来 |
[09:16] | You acknowledge to the prosecution | 你承认控方掌握了足够的证据 |
[09:18] | that they have enough evidence to convict, | 可以使法庭做出有罪判决 |
[09:19] | but you get out. | 但你可以出来 |
[09:21] | Do they? | 他们有吗 |
[09:22] | Have enough evidence to convict? | 足以做出有罪判决的证据吗 |
[09:25] | Wiout the DNA, normally we would say no, | 缺乏DNA的证据 我们通常会认为没有 |
[09:28] | but you never know for sure what a jury will do. | 但你没法预料陪审团会怎么做 |
[09:30] | So if I take this… plea… | 如果我认罪… |
[09:33] | The state’s attorney agrees to a sentence of time served. | 州检察官便同意你的服刑已经完毕 |
[09:36] | You go free. Now. Immediately. | 你马上获得自由 现在 立刻 |
[09:38] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[09:39] | Yeah, Megan, but there are drawbacks. | 是的 梅根 但也有坏处 |
[09:41] | You won’t be able to clear your name. | 你不能洗刷你的罪名 |
[09:44] | You’ll be a convicted felon for the rest of your life. | 你这辈子永远都背着这项罪名 |
[09:46] | And one parole violation, and you’re right back here. | 你一旦违反假释规定 就会再回到这里 |
[09:49] | But if I don’t take it, I have to stay here? | 如果我不认罪 我就得继续呆在这里 |
[09:52] | Yes. At least until you get a new trial. | 没错 至少在重审之前如此 |
[09:55] | And that’s how long? | 那是多久 |
[09:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:58] | I want you to have a complete picture here, Pamela. | 我希望你对整件事心里有数 帕梅拉 |
[10:01] | The state’s attorney offers this plea | 州检察官开出这个条件 |
[10:03] | because they are afraid of being sued. | 是因为他们害怕被起诉 |
[10:06] | As part of the plea agreement, you have to promise not to sue. | 辩诉交易的内容之一 就是你保证不会起诉 |
[10:09] | But get out? | 但我就能出去了 |
[10:10] | Yes. That’s why they do it. | 是的 这就是他们的交换条件 |
[10:12] | They dingle freedom in front of your eyes to get a guilty plea. | 他们用自由诱惑你签这份认罪协议 |
[10:15] | And if I turned down and sued? | 如果我拒绝协议然后上诉呢 |
[10:17] | The last crime lab lawsuit against Cook County | 最新一宗因犯罪实验室而对库克县政府的起诉 |
[10:20] | resulted in a $10 million reward. | 结果是1000万美金赔偿 |
[10:23] | $10 million? | 1000万美金吗 |
[10:24] | – That’s… – Not a guarantee. | -这… -不一定能拿到 |
[10:26] | And any award you would get, you would have to split three ways. | 而且任何赔偿你们都将三人均分 |
[10:29] | Do you think I should reject this plea? | 你们觉得我应该拒绝这份协议吗 |
[10:32] | No. We’re just laying out the options. | 不是 我们只是提出这些选项 |
[10:35] | We have a very good case | 案情对我们很有利 |
[10:36] | against the state’s attorney’s office. | 对州检办很不利 |
[10:38] | We won a lawsuit last year | 我们去年赢过一个案子 |
[10:39] | on exactly these kind of crime lab missteps. | 恰是关于这类犯罪实验室过失的 |
[10:42] | And it’s important to hold these people responsible. | 而且让这些人承担责任是很重要的 |
[10:45] | But… – We’re not the ones who have to sit in prison for another year. | -但… -必须再坐1年牢的不是我们 |
[10:51] | You have no idea what that kind of money would mean. | 你无法想象那么多钱意味着什么 |
[10:54] | My family… | 我家人… |
[10:56] | It would change everything for us. | 那会改变我们所有的一切 |
[10:58] | I guess the question, then, is… | 我想现在的问题是 |
[11:01] | is it worth it to spend another year in prison | 为了这个可能性而在牢里再待1年 |
[11:04] | to maybe change everything? | 是否值得 |
[11:06] | More or less. | 基本就是这样 |
[11:07] | And how long do I have to decide? | 我有多长时间做决定 |
[11:09] | 72 hours. | 72小时 |
[11:15] | What would you do? | 换你会怎么做 |
[11:19] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[11:26] | So, what do you think? | 你怎么觉得 |
[11:28] | I think she needs the money. | 我觉得她需要钱 |
[11:29] | Who doesn’t? | 谁不需要呢 |
[11:40] | A recently released report from an independent police review authority | 某独立警察审查机构新近发布的报告显示 |
[11:45] | has found evidence of a cover- | 有证据表明 |
[11:46] | meant to protect a Chicago police officer. | 有人蓄意包庇一名芝加哥警官 |
[11:48] | This panel investigated the controversial shooting | 这个小组审查了一起在芝加哥高架列车站 |
[11:50] | of an unarmed man on Chicago’s El Train. | 发生的有争议的枪击平民案 |
[11:53] | This report, | 这份报告 |
[11:54] | exhaustively investigated | 经过声望显赫的蓝带小组成员 |
[11:56] | by a prestigious blue ribbon panel | 竭尽全力的调查 |
[11:58] | that even included the wife of the state’s attorney himself, | 成员甚至包括州检察官夫人 |
[12:02] | has found a cover-up by local officials, | 报告指出当地公职人员 |
[12:04] | including the state’s attorney. | 包括州检察官均有包庇嫌疑 |
[12:07] | Kresteva also dropped a bombshell | 克里斯特瓦更扔出一枚重磅炸弹 |
[12:09] | that should complicate the ongoing Illinois political scene. | 使当前伊利诺伊州政坛更加复杂 |
[12:12] | I am running for governor of the great state of Illinois. | 我将竞选伊利诺伊州州长一职 |
[12:16] | Together, we need to stop corruption like this. | 我们必须阻止这类腐败案件 |
[12:19] | We need to stop people like the state’s attorney | 我们必须阻止州检察官这样的人 |
[12:22] | from covering up police shootings like this one. | 像本案这样包庇警方枪击平民 |
[12:26] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[12:28] | Everything. | 全乱套了 |
[12:44] | I was never the best father or husband | 以前 我作为父亲 丈夫 |
[12:47] | or person, really. | 乃至为人 都不是最好的 |
[12:51] | But then something happened to me. | 但随后发生的事改变了我 |
[12:54] | My son was diagnosed | 我儿子被诊断患有 |
[12:55] | as having acute lymphoblastic leukemia, | 急性淋巴细胞白血病 |
[12:58] | and I just woke up, | 那时我才醒悟 |
[13:01] | like Paul on the road to Damascus, | 如同保罗在前往大马士革的路上 |
[13:03] | except I was at a Bears tailgater | 只不过我当时是在熊队的车尾野餐会 |
[13:06] | stripped down to my underwear. | 脱得只剩内裤 |
[13:08] | Damn it. Damn it. | 混蛋 混蛋 |
[13:09] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[13:11] | I just didn’t see something coming. | 发生了一些出乎我预料的事情 |
[13:13] | Have you seen my shoe? | 看到我鞋子了吗 |
[13:14] | It’s on your foot. | 在你脚上 |
[13:15] | Yeah, the other one. | 我是说 另一只 |
[13:17] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[13:18] | The competition. | 竞争对手 |
[13:19] | My competition? | 我的竞争对手? |
[13:20] | – No, Peter’s. – Peter’s. | -不 是彼得的 -彼得的 |
[13:23] | You’re thinking about him, aren’t you. | 你在想他 对吧 |
[13:25] | You’re in bed with me, | 你肉体跟我在一起 |
[13:27] | but you’re thinking about him. | 心里却想着他 |
[13:29] | You’re joking, right? | 你开玩笑的 对吧 |
[13:30] | That was a joke? | 笑话好冷 |
[13:31] | Come here. | 过来 |
[13:32] | – No, I need my shoe. – Eli, come here. | -不 我要我的鞋 -伊莱 过来 |
[13:35] | Oh, my God, look at this, ten messages. | 我的老天 看这个 十条未读信息 |
[13:37] | He’s been trying to reach me all morning. | 他一早上都在找我 |
[13:38] | Come over here. | 快过来 |
[13:45] | You’re referring to Peter Florrick, | 你是指彼得·福瑞克 |
[13:47] | the state’s attorney? | 州检察官吗 |
[13:48] | This was a mistake, wasn’t it? | 这是个错误 对吧 |
[13:51] | Yes. | 没错 |
[13:53] | Now go off to your Peter. | 去找你家彼得吧 |
[13:55] | Not without my sh… | 我还没找到鞋… |
[13:58] | Our first date. | 第一次约会就这样 |
[14:02] | Now that would be bad enough, | 这本该够糟了 |
[14:04] | – Yeah, this was a mistake. – but then something else happened. | -没错 这是个错误 -但之后又有事发生了 |
[14:06] | The wife of the state’s attorney, | 州检察官的夫人 |
[14:08] | Alicia Florrick, asked me into her office | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克邀请我去她办公室 |
[14:10] | and told me if I changed this report | 告诉我如果我修改这份报告 |
[14:12] | and exonerated her husband, that she would sign too. | 免其丈夫之责 她就会签字 |
[14:15] | Damn it. Damn it! | 混蛋 混蛋 |
[14:17] | So, we only get the Alford plea | 所以只有全体赞成的前提下 |
[14:18] | if we all agree. | 才接受这份阿尔弗德答辩 |
[14:19] | So, where are we? | 情况如何 |
[14:21] | Pamela wants to hold out for a civil suit. | 帕梅拉想等到民事诉讼阶段 |
[14:23] | Oh, I’m sure she does after your sales job. | 在你做完推销后 她当然会这么做 |
[14:25] | Excuse me, are you accusing me? | 不好意思 你是在指责我吗 |
[14:27] | It’s money to you. | 对你来说这就是钱 |
[14:28] | It’s a potential $10 million law suit, | 这可能是一份1000万美金的案子 |
[14:30] | and you get 20% of that. | 你能拿到20%的抽成 |
[14:32] | You can’t get 20% of freedom. | 但你拿不到20%的自由 |
[14:33] | Okay, let’s keep it civil. Tommy? | 好了 大家都文明一点吧 汤米 |
[14:36] | Megan wants to take the plea. | 梅根想签这份协议 |
[14:38] | She was beaten up in prison yesterday. | 她昨天在牢里被打了 |
[14:39] | So, here we go with the emotional blackmail. | 又开始情感勒索了 |
[14:41] | No, it’s not blackmail. I’m just telling you the facts. | 不 这不是勒索 我只是在陈述事实 |
[14:42] | Shs being targeted in prison. | 她在牢里被盯上了 |
[14:44] | And this talk of a civil suit’s just making it worse. | 这个民事诉讼的事使事情变得更糟 |
[14:46] | What about your client. | 你的客户怎么说 |
[14:47] | Lindsey hasn’t made up her mind yet. | 琳赛还没决定 |
[14:48] | She doesn’t want to admit to something she didn’t do. | 她不想承认自己没做过的事情 |
[14:51] | Exactly. | 确实 |
[14:51] | But she doesn’t want to spend the rest of her life in prison, either. | 但她也不想下半辈子都在牢里 |
[14:53] | Look, we all know this case is a slam dunk. | 我们都知道这案子很有把握 |
[14:56] | The only reason the state attorny is even offering us the Alford plea | 州检察官提出阿尔弗德答辩的唯一原因 |
[14:59] | is because he’s on the run. | 是因为他想快点脱身 |
[15:00] | You’re married to him, right? Then Tell us. | 你是他老婆 对吧 跟我们说说吧 |
[15:03] | I can’t speak to that. | 这我无法回答 |
[15:04] | Well, none of us can. | 我们没人可以 |
[15:05] | We all know of cases which seemed like slam dunks | 我们都见过那种看似很有把握的案子 |
[15:07] | and turned out not to be. | 最后却满不是那么回事 |
[15:08] | Okay, so we have three days to figure out whether we have a slam dunk. | 好 我们有3天时间弄清这案子是否有把握 |
[15:10] | I agree. | 同意 |
[15:12] | Our clients are looking for assessment of their chances, | 我们的客户希望能对胜算做出评估 |
[15:14] | and the prosecution is using our dissention against us. | 而检方则正是利用我们的分歧来对付我们 |
[15:17] | So let’s use this remaining time to see what case we have, okay? | 那我们就利用余下时间来斟酌一下 好吗 |
[15:21] | You’re on it, right? | 你在调查吧 |
[15:22] | Yeah, I put a call into the medical examiner’s office. | 是 我给验尸官办公室打了电话 |
[15:25] | Oh, and, um, | 还有 |
[15:26] | Kalinda, can I hire you to look into something for me? | 凯琳达 我能否雇你为我干点私事 |
[15:29] | Sure, what is it? Just a… | -没问题 什么事 -只是… |
[15:31] | I think there might be something wrong in a financial arrangement. | 我觉得某个财务安排有些问题 |
[15:35] | Okay, sure, whose? | 好的 没问题 谁的 |
[15:39] | I will need to know. | 我需要知道的 |
[15:41] | My mother-in-law’s. | 我婆婆的 |
[15:46] | – Hey, bum. – Callie. | -嘿 流浪汉 -凯莉 |
[15:49] | What are you up to here? | 你在这儿干嘛呢 |
[15:50] | The slumber camp murder? | 那宗谋杀案? |
[15:51] | Yeah, we’re trying to win them some money, | 是啊 我们想给客户赢取赔偿 |
[15:53] | but what happened to kids today? They don’t want money. | 可如今的孩子们都怎么了 他们不想要钱 |
[15:56] | They want freedom. | 他们想要自由 |
[15:59] | You look good suspended. | 你停职了却气色很好啊 |
[16:00] | Yep. You got any pointers? | 有什么指点吗 |
[16:03] | Don’t get rusty. | 别生锈 |
[16:04] | You’ve been suspended, what, six months, right? | 你被停职多久 半年 对吗 |
[16:07] | Yep. | 没错 |
[16:08] | I was a year. | 我被停职过一年 |
[16:10] | Addiction. Cocaine use. | 药瘾 吸毒 |
[16:11] | I didn’t know that. | 我还真不知道 |
[16:12] | Yeah, some of my best summations were done high. | 真的 我几次最好的总结陈词 都是嗑嗨了做的 |
[16:16] | But don’t I seem calmer these days? | 不过我现在看起来更冷静 不是吗 |
[16:19] | You do. | 没错 |
[16:20] | So, what are you doing? | 你在干嘛呢 |
[16:22] | I’m reading a book I wrote. | 我在读一本我写的书 |
[16:25] | How is it? | 如何 |
[16:26] | Not good. | 不行 |
[16:29] | Oh, sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[16:31] | No, it’s just one more thing I know I can’t do. | 没事 只是又发现了一件我干不了的事 |
[16:33] | I have something you might be interested in. | 我倒有点你可能感兴趣的事情 |
[16:35] | Behind the Bar. | 律协之后 |
[16:36] | It’s a support group for sanctioned lawyers. | 是被制裁的律师互助团体 |
[16:39] | Disbarment, suspension, drugs… | 被取消律师资格的 被停职的 嗑药的 |
[16:42] | Sounds exciting. | 听起来真有意思 |
[16:44] | Oh, come on, what are you doing anyway? | 拜托 你还能干什么啊 |
[16:46] | Just lying around all day? | 整天就游手好闲吗 |
[16:48] | Didn’t we almost go out on a date three years ago? | 3年前我们不是还差点约会吗 |
[16:50] | Yeah, you stood me up | 是啊 然后你放我鸽子 |
[16:52] | I was in rehab. | 我进戒毒所了 |
[16:55] | So, we’ll make this our date. | 我们这次算约会吧 |
[16:57] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[16:58] | What are you doing tomorrow night? | 你明晚有事吗 |
[17:00] | Kalinda, where you been? | 凯琳达 你去哪儿了 |
[17:02] | Oh, hibernating. | 冬眠啊 |
[17:04] | You guys haven’t been too forthcoming lately. | 你们最近可是很难上手啊 |
[17:06] | Yeah,well.That’s all changing. | 是啊 不过现在又变了 |
[17:07] | We’re all loosening up around here. | 我们这儿现在又松懈了 |
[17:09] | Really? Why’s that? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[17:10] | I don’t know, but, uh, your name is no longer dirt. | 我不清楚 不过嘛 你的名字不再是禁忌 |
[17:13] | No, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不不 |
[17:15] | Into the lab. | 送实验室去 |
[17:16] | No, that way. | 不 是那边 |
[17:18] | What do you need? | 你需要什么 |
[17:19] | Summer camp killing, 2007. | 2007年的夏令营凶杀案 |
[17:22] | Three girl killers. | 凶手是三个女孩 |
[17:23] | Oh, yeah, that one. I thought that was getting kicked. | 对啊 那案子 我以为那案子结案了 |
[17:25] | Yeah, state’s attorney’s office is considering retrying. | 是啊 州检办正打算重审 |
[17:27] | Ah, yes, dead horse beaten yet again. | 是嘛 又来鞭尸 |
[17:30] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[17:32] | Uh, 16-year-old girl. | 16岁女孩 |
[17:33] | Three other girls brought her into the woods. | 另外三个女孩把她带进树林 |
[17:35] | They stabbed her eight times, | 她们刺了她八刀 |
[17:37] | slashed her carotid. | 割断了她颈动脉 |
[17:39] | Weapon was never found. | 未发现凶器 |
[17:42] | Ah, ooh, and look at this. | 啊 看看这个 |
[17:43] | What? | 什么 |
[17:45] | A note for you. | 给你的字条 |
[17:48] | 凯琳达 抢先你一步了 祝好运 –凯里 | |
[17:49] | ASA Agos, he’s, uh, one step ahead of you. | 助理检察官艾格斯 他比你快一步 |
[17:51] | Mm, for the moment. | 暂时而已 |
[17:56] | Oh, she was found without her clothes? | 被发现时没穿衣服? |
[17:58] | Yeah, they thought rape at first– | 是啊 一开始以为是强奸 |
[18:00] | cops always think rape– | 警察总以为是强奸 |
[18:01] | but no semen, no penetration, so they thought | 但没发现精液和插入痕迹 因此他们认为 |
[18:03] | the killer stripped her down to make it look like a rape. | 凶手把她剥光是为了制造强奸的假象 |
[18:07] | – What’s this? – Hypostasis. | -这是什么 -血液坠积 |
[18:09] | Lividity caused by the blood after the death. | 因死后血液沉积造成的淤青 |
[18:12] | – No, this. – I don’t know. | -不 我是说这个 -我不清楚 |
[18:14] | But no lividy there. | 不过那里没有淤青 |
[18:16] | Probably something in contact with her body, | 可能是什么跟她身体接触的东西 |
[18:17] | something on the ground. | 地上的东西 |
[18:19] | No. | 不是 |
[18:21] | It’s on the other side of the ankle, too. | 脚踝另一边也有 |
[18:23] | Oh, my God, you’re right. | 我的天 你说得对 |
[18:25] | You solved it. | 你破案了 |
[18:28] | Alicia Florrick askesd me into her office | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克邀请我去她办公室 |
[18:31] | and told me if I changed this report | 告诉我如果我修改这份报告 |
[18:33] | and exonerated her husband that she would… | 免其丈夫之责 她就会… |
[18:36] | It’s a lie, Eli; he’s lying. | 这是谎言 伊莱 他撒谎 |
[18:37] | So, you weren’t on this blue ribbon panel? | 这么说 你不在这个蓝带小组? |
[18:40] | No, I was, but I… | 不 我在 但我 |
[18:41] | So, you didn’t meet with him? | 那你没见过他吗 |
[18:43] | I met with him | 我见过他 |
[18:44] | I mean, he met with me. | 我是说 他来见我的 |
[18:45] | He came here, but he came here | 他来这儿 不过他来这儿 |
[18:47] | to ask me if I wand to write a minority report, and I said no. | 是问我是否愿意写一份少数派报告 我拒绝了 |
[18:51] | So, all that staff about Peter trying to cover up a shooting, | 这么说 彼得想要掩盖这起枪击案的事 |
[18:53] | that’s not true? | 都不是真的? |
[18:55] | Unfortunately, I can’t | 很不幸的是 |
[18:57] | say anything about those proceedings because they were confidential. | 由于保密协议 我无法透露这些内容 |
[19:00] | Okay, so that’s it. | 好吧 那就这样 |
[19:02] | Wait, Eli, you have to put out a statement or something. | 慢着 伊莱 你得发表个声明之类的 |
[19:06] | – Saying what? – Saying that it’s not true. | -说什么 -说这些都不是真的 |
[19:07] | I-I didn’t ask him to stop the report. | 我没有要求他修改报告 |
[19:10] | – Why would we do that. – Because he’s lying, Eli. | -为什么我们要这么做 -因为他撒谎了 伊莱 |
[19:14] | Alicia, | 艾丽西娅 |
[19:16] | people lie, and politicians are just people. | 是人就会撒谎 而政客也是人 |
[19:20] | The problem is when you run around putting out statements | 问题在于当你到处发表声明 |
[19:22] | saying that people lied, | 指责某人撒谎了 |
[19:24] | it just brings more attention to the lie. | 那只会让谎话更受关注 |
[19:26] | People think there’s something wrong with you | 人们会觉得你对这谎话如此大惊小怪 |
[19:28] | for making such a fuss about it. | 一定是有问题 |
[19:29] | People think you lied | 人们会认定你说了谎 |
[19:30] | because you’re making a fuss about a lie. | 因为你小题大做 |
[19:32] | – That’s crazy. – It’s a 24-hour news story. | -那太疯狂了 -这个新闻热度很短 |
[19:34] | – It’ll go away unless we take the bait. – But it’s… | -只要我们不上钩 自然会消失 -但这 |
[19:38] | It makes me look bad, and-and he gets away with it? | 这会抹黑我 而他就不被追究吗 |
[19:41] | Yep. | 没错 |
[19:42] | You have to let it go, Alicia. | 你要放下这事 艾丽西娅 |
[19:44] | It’s the big leagues. | 做大事不能纠缠这些小节 |
[19:46] | You file a few off. | 不要事事较真 |
[20:09] | It’s a bicycle clip. | 这是自行车裤管夹 |
[20:10] | You wear it on your ankle to keep your pants | 把它套在脚踝处 |
[20:13] | from getting caught in the bike chain. | 免得裤管卷进自行车链里 |
[20:14] | Which one is this for, my mother-in-law? | 这东西和哪件事有关 我婆婆那事? |
[20:16] | The victim’s body. | 关于死者尸体的 |
[20:18] | Something was oppressed against her ankles when she was murdered. | 她被杀害时脚踝上压着东西 |
[20:21] | Here and here; that’s why there was no lividity. | 这里和这里 所以这两处没有淤青 |
[20:24] | But there’s nothing in the police report | 但警方报告里没有任何材料 |
[20:26] | that says she was riding a bike that night. | 说她那晚骑着自行车 |
[20:27] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:28] | And yet… | 但是 |
[20:30] | So, where was she riding it? | 她要骑车去哪里 |
[20:37] | A bicycle? | 自行车 |
[20:38] | There was a chance that Rosa rode a bicycle | 有可能罗莎那晚遇害前 |
[20:40] | that night just before she was killed. | 骑过自行车 |
[20:42] | But she didn’t have a bike. | 但她没有自行车 |
[20:43] | I mean, we weren’t allowed to bring anything. | 我们不准带任何东西 |
[20:46] | They didn’t want any of us off grounds. | 他们不让我们任何人离开营地 |
[20:48] | What about the counselors? | 那辅导员呢 |
[20:49] | Mary Jane had a bike. | 玛丽·简有辆自行车 |
[20:51] | The counselor in Rosa’s cabin, she had a mountain bike. | 罗莎那间小屋的辅导员 她有辆山地车 |
[20:53] | She was always going off riding. | 她经常去骑车 |
[20:55] | Good, thanks. That’s helpful. | 很好 谢谢 你说的很有帮助 |
[20:57] | Wait. | 等等 |
[20:59] | What about the plea? | 认罪协议怎么办 |
[21:00] | – What are Pamela and Megan gonna do? – Oh, yes. | -帕梅拉和梅根怎么决定的 -对了 |
[21:04] | Pamela doesn’t want to take the Alford plea, | 帕梅拉不想接受阿尔弗德答辩 |
[21:06] | but Megan does. | 但是梅根愿意 |
[21:08] | Megan’s being beaten up in prison. | 梅根在监狱里总挨打 |
[21:10] | Oh, my God, I’m so sorry. | 天啊 她真可怜 |
[21:12] | Maybe I should take the plea. | 或许我应该接受认罪协议 |
[21:14] | Here’s what we’re trying to do, Lindsey. | 我们想这么做 琳赛 |
[21:15] | We want to line up the evidence to demonstrate to Judge Romano | 我们想搜集证据向罗曼诺法官证明 |
[21:18] | that the state’s attorney has no evidence to hold you to trial. | 州检察官没有证据起诉你 |
[21:23] | They’re merely trying to neutralize a civil suit. | 他们不过是想消化一宗民事诉讼 |
[21:25] | If we’re successful, you won’t have to plead guilty. | 如果我们成功 你就不必认罪 |
[21:28] | You’ll just be released. | 你会被当庭释放 |
[21:30] | But you have to do that before the plea expires? | 但你们得在认罪协议失效前完成 |
[21:32] | Yes, that’s why we’re pursuing this evidence. | 是的 因此我们正在追查这一证据 |
[21:36] | Okay, and you want me to sit tight? | 好吧 你们希望我再等等吗 |
[21:38] | Yes, just for a little while longer. | 是的 稍微再等一阵 |
[21:40] | Then I will. | 那好吧 |
[21:43] | Tell Megan to stay strong. | 告诉梅根坚强些 |
[21:48] | Thank you, Alicia. | 谢谢你 艾丽西娅 |
[21:52] | You still having nightmares? | 你还做噩梦吗 |
[21:54] | No. | 不做了 |
[21:58] | So, we have evidence that | 我们有证据显示 |
[22:01] | the victim, Rosa Torres, might have ridden a bike | 死者罗莎·托雷斯那晚遇害前 |
[22:04] | the night she was killed. | 可能骑过自行车 |
[22:05] | I understand that, uh, you had a bike, right? | 我听说你有辆自行车 是吗 |
[22:08] | Yeah. Why? | 是的 怎么呢 |
[22:10] | And you reported it stolen? | 你曾报案说它被偷了 |
[22:12] | But then you found it, right? | 但后来你又找到了 是吗 |
[22:15] | Yeah, a week later. Why? | 是的 一周后找到的 怎么呢 |
[22:16] | Uh, Rosa borrowed it that night, intending to return it, | 罗莎那晚借来骑了 本想还的 |
[22:19] | but then, she was murdered. | 但后来她被杀害了 |
[22:20] | How do you know all this? | 这些你是怎么知道的 |
[22:21] | – Where did you find it? – What does it matter? | -你在哪里找到的 -这有什么关系 |
[22:24] | Well, it matters, because Lindsey is innocent, | 有关系 因为琳赛是无辜的 |
[22:27] | and my guess is, Rosa borrowed your bike that night | 我估计罗莎那晚借你的车 |
[22:29] | to meet someone off the grounds, | 去见营地外的某个人 |
[22:31] | and he or she moved her body back onto the grounds, | 那个人将她的尸体运回了营地 |
[22:35] | but never knew about the bike. | 却根本不知道有辆自行车 |
[22:37] | So, where’d you find it? | 所以 你在哪里找到的 |
[22:39] | I want complete separation between the legal and the political. | 我希望法律与政治彻底分离 |
[22:46] | Anyway, I think you all get it, | 总之 我想你们都明白了 |
[22:47] | and with that I need a moment. | 那我们等会再说 |
[22:53] | Alicia, good to see you. | 艾丽西娅 很高兴见到你 |
[22:54] | I’m sorry I didn’t say anything about my press conference yesterday. | 很抱歉我昨天的记者会没跟你提过 |
[22:57] | I didn’t want to let my campaign get in the way of the panel. | 我不想因为我的竞选影响到蓝带小组 |
[23:00] | So, I invited you to my office? | 所以 是我请你来我办公室的? |
[23:03] | You… | 你… |
[23:04] | – Excuse me? – You said, I invited you to my ofce, | -你说什么 -你说我请你来我的办公室 |
[23:07] | – and tried to get you to change the report about Peter? – Yes. | -想让你更改关于彼得的那份报告 -是的 |
[23:11] | Which is a lie. | 这是假话 |
[23:12] | Which part? | 哪里假了 |
[23:14] | All of it. | 全都是 |
[23:17] | First of all, do you want some water, or something to drink? – No. | 首先你要不要喝杯水什么的 -不用 |
[23:21] | And second of all, i’m not… I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing about. | 那其次 我不清楚你是对什么事情有意见 |
[23:24] | I’m not disagreeing about anything. | 我不是对什么事情有意见 |
[23:26] | I’m telling you to stop lying about me. | 我是叫你别在编造关于我的谎话 |
[23:27] | Alicia, I’m not lying about anything. | 艾丽西娅 我没说任何谎话 |
[23:29] | You invited me into your office. | 你请我去你的办公室 |
[23:31] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我没有 |
[23:34] | You came to my office. | 你自己到我办公室来的 |
[23:36] | Because you invited me. | 因为你请我去的 |
[23:38] | And then you asked me to change the report. | 然后你叫我更改那份报告 |
[23:41] | No. You came to my office, | 不是的 你跑来我的办公室 |
[23:44] | and you asked me if I wanted to write a minority report. | 问我是否愿意写一份少数意见的报告 |
[23:48] | Alicia, uh… I’m sorry. I… | 艾丽西娅 很抱歉 我 |
[23:51] | Our memories seem to diverge here. | 我们的记忆在这里有分歧 |
[23:53] | You invited me into your office, | 你请我去你的办公室 |
[23:55] | and I was stunned when you asked me to change the report. | 当你叫我更改那份报告的时候我很惊讶 |
[23:57] | I asked you if this was covered by confidentiality. | 我问你这是否属于保密谈话 |
[24:00] | You said, “No.” | 你说 不属于 |
[24:01] | Otherwise, I never would have mentioned it in my press conference. | 否则我绝不会在我的记者会上提这事 |
[24:07] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[24:08] | – You’re lying! – No. I’m not. | -你撒谎 -没有 我没有 |
[24:12] | How can you pretend that isn’t what happened? | 你怎么能装作没这回事呢 |
[24:14] | One second, ginger. I’ll be right out. | 等一下 金洁 我马上出来 |
[24:25] | You’re gonna lose. | 你会输的 |
[24:27] | I am? To whom? | 是吗 输给谁 |
[24:29] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[24:30] | No. You know why I won’t? | 不会的 知道为什么吗 |
[24:34] | Because he isn’t gonna enter the race. | 因为他不会参选 |
[24:36] | He’s too smart. He knows he’s vulnerable. | 他太聪明 知道自己有把柄在人手上 |
[24:37] | Stop… lying about me. | 不要…再在我的事上说谎 |
[24:40] | Alicia… | 艾丽西娅 |
[24:42] | don’t pretend what I’m saying isn’t the truth. | 别装得好像我说的不是事实 |
[24:46] | I know a lie can travel halfway around the world | 我知道在真相还在穿鞋的时候 |
[24:48] | while the truth is putting its shoes on. | 谎言已经可以绕地球半圈 |
[24:50] | But still… | 但是… |
[24:59] | I found it here, | 我在这里找到的 |
[25:01] | a week later just leaning there against a tree. | 一周后 就在树边靠着 |
[25:04] | Chain broken. | 车链坏了 |
[25:09] | Who lives here? | 谁住在这里? |
[25:11] | Some people who work in town. | 在镇上工作的人 |
[25:15] | And counselors | 有辅导员吗 |
[25:16] | A few. | 有一些 |
[25:18] | Hi, I’m so sorry to bother you. | 嗨 很抱歉打扰你 |
[25:20] | I was thinking of sending my daughter | 我在考虑送我女儿 |
[25:22] | to the summer camp up the road. | 去路前面的夏令营 |
[25:23] | Do you think it’s a good…? | 你觉得… |
[25:25] | Hi. Uh, my name is Kalinda, | 嗨 我叫凯琳达 |
[25:26] | and I was thinking of working as a counselor… | 我正在考虑做一名辅导员… |
[25:28] | Hi. Uh, I was just in the neighborhood, | 嗨 我是个真人秀调查员 |
[25:31] | and working as an investigator for a reality TV show, | 正在这附近 |
[25:33] | looking into the slumber camp murder. | 调查夏令营夜间杀人凶手的事 |
[25:36] | Really? I worked at the camp then. | 是吗 我在夏令营工作过 |
[25:38] | Really? | 真的? |
[25:39] | Yeah, Rosa was a great girl. | 是的 罗莎是个好姑娘 |
[25:41] | That was a tragedy, what happened. | 她的死是个悲剧 |
[25:43] | Yeah. Must have been tough. | 是啊 肯定很令人难过 |
[25:46] | Were you guys close? | 你们关系好吗 |
[25:48] | – Thanks – No, just, um… just the usual | -谢谢 -不 就是…普通的 |
[25:51] | instructor-camper relationip. | 辅导员和营员的关系 |
[25:53] | You ran a photography program? | 你教过摄影课? |
[25:55] | Yeah. | 对 |
[25:56] | I also taught at the community college | 在所有东西都数字化之前 |
[25:58] | before everything went digital. | 我还在社区学院教过课 |
[26:01] | There was an art form to film. | 当时还讲究艺术形式 |
[26:02] | Now everybody just worries about computer bytes. | 现在所有人都只关注电脑字节 |
[26:05] | Nobody cares about process anymore. | 没人关心手法了 |
[26:08] | I loved working at that camp, though. | 不过我挺喜欢在营地工作的 |
[26:10] | Those kids inspire me. | 那些孩子给了我很多灵感 |
[26:12] | In-in what way? | 哪…哪些方面的灵感呢 |
[26:14] | Mm, their reverence for nature. | 她们对自然的敬畏 |
[26:17] | There’s not a lot of reverence anymore. | 现在人们都不敬畏什么了 |
[26:18] | There she is. | 有了 |
[26:23] | There’s Rosa. | 这就是罗莎 |
[26:24] | Nice girl. | 一个很好的姑娘 |
[26:32] | I don’t know. He hasn’t decided yet. | 我不知道 他还没决定呢 |
[26:34] | Which way he’s leaning? | 他倾向于哪边呢 |
[26:35] | Well, to be honest, Peter is leaning | 说实话 彼得倾向于 |
[26:36] | against running for governor. | 不参加州长竞选 |
[26:38] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:39] | He feels the Democratic Committee is yanking him around. | 他觉得民主党在吊着他玩 |
[26:42] | They promise him a speech at convention, | 他们承诺让他在大会上演讲 |
[26:44] | then they back down. | 之后又取消了 |
[26:44] | It doesn’t help that Kresteva has declared. | 克里斯特瓦宣布参选也对彼得不利 |
[26:46] | He’s pretty popular, you know. | 他很受欢迎 你知道的 |
[26:48] | I spoke to him. | 我去跟他谈了 |
[26:50] | You… when? | 你…什么时候 |
[26:52] | Today. | 今天 |
[26:54] | You spoke to him about lying. Didn’t you? | 你去跟他说谎言的事 对吗 |
[26:58] | You couldn’t help yourself. | 这帮不到你 |
[27:00] | And he said, he wasn’t lying, but you misremembered, right? | 而他说他没说谎 是你记错了 对吧 |
[27:04] | Yes. | 对 |
[27:07] | Alicia, I am good at my job. | 艾丽西娅 我在我的工作方面很优秀 |
[27:10] | I know what people do. | 我知道人们的行事方式 |
[27:11] | So when I say, don’t speak to them again, | 所以当我说 别跟他们说话了 |
[27:13] | please believe me, I know what I speak of. | 请相信 我知道我说的是什么 |
[27:18] | Peter should run. | 彼得应该参选 |
[27:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:26] | He needs your help. | 他需要你的帮助 |
[27:32] | 布拉戈耶维奇 前伊利诺斯州州长 以喜欢昂贵领带而著称 | |
[27:32] | Kresteva is dangerous. He’s like Blagojevich dangerous. | 克里斯特瓦很危险 他像布拉戈耶维奇一样危险 |
[27:34] | Stop selling, Eli. Quit while you’re ahead. | 别花言巧语了 伊莱 见好就收 |
[27:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:39] | I’m ahead? | 见好? |
[27:41] | You tell me what you need, and I will think about it. | 告诉我你需要什么 我会考虑 |
[27:44] | – No kids. – I know. | -别牵扯孩子 -明白 |
[27:50] | And there it is. | 成了 |
[27:55] | You didn’t have to say that, Alicia. | 你不必那么说的 艾丽西娅 |
[27:57] | I know. | 我知道 |
[28:01] | I’m not sure if I’m running. | 我还不确定是否要竞选 |
[28:02] | Yes. That’s what Eli said. | 没错 伊莱也是这么说的 |
[28:08] | Well, Kresteva’s no worse than most. | 克里斯特瓦并不比大多数人更坏 |
[28:13] | I’m not sure I agree, but either way, | 我不太同意 但无论如何 |
[28:16] | this isn’t about him. | 这和他无关 |
[28:18] | It’s about you wanting to see me elected? | 那是你想看我当选吗 |
[28:23] | Peter, we have had our…issues, | 彼得 我们有…我们的问题 |
[28:26] | but I’ve always respected you political abilities. | 但我一直都很赞赏你的政治能力 |
[28:30] | And I’ve always thought you re better in office than… | 而我一直认为你执政要比… |
[28:33] | the alternative. | 别人来要好 |
[28:37] | You know, to be honest, Alicia, | 说实话 艾丽西娅 |
[28:40] | I’m finally enjoying what I’m doing here. | 我终于爱上这里的工作了 |
[28:42] | Maybe that’s why I’m thinking of not running. | 也许这就是我考虑不竞选的原因 |
[28:46] | Okay… if that’s the reason. | 好的…如果真是为了这个的话 |
[28:51] | Hey. Your support means a lot to me. | 嘿 你的支持对我意义非凡 |
[28:57] | Run, Peter. | 竞选吧 彼得 |
[28:59] | You’d be a good governor. | 你会是个好州长的 |
[29:07] | That’s when I found out I was disbarred. | 我就是那时发现了被取消律师资格 |
[29:13] | I’ve worked… I worked my life to become a lawyer. | 我花了毕生心力以成为一名律师 |
[29:17] | It was everything to me. | 这是我的所有 |
[29:21] | This was fun. | 这个挺有意思 |
[29:24] | There are usually more people. | 平时这里会有更多人 |
[29:26] | Yup, that’s all this needs. | 是啊 也就需要这个了 |
[29:29] | You know, one of the dangers of not having the law to fall back on? | 你知道没有法律依靠时会有什么危险吗 |
[29:31] | Coming here with you? | 跟你到这里来吗 |
[29:33] | Distractions. | 会找东西来分心 |
[29:34] | Drugs, alcohol, gambling. | 毒品 酒 赌博 |
[29:36] | Anonymous sex with strangers. | 跟陌生人发生性关系 |
[29:39] | It’s a good thing we’re not strangers. | 还好我们不是陌生人 |
[29:42] | I could prend to be a stranger. | 我可以假装是个陌生人 |
[29:48] | My apartment is ten minutes from here. | 我的公寓离这里十分钟路程 |
[29:52] | I’ll leave first. | 我先走 |
[29:54] | If we left, | 若我们走了 |
[29:56] | he’d be alone. | 他就孤身一人了 |
[30:00] | My address. | 我的地址 |
[30:14] | Mom, how are you? | 妈妈 最近还好吗 |
[30:17] | Good. | 很好 |
[30:18] | Oh, I love seeing you here. | 哦 我喜欢看到你在这里 |
[30:21] | Seems so… appropriate. | 看起来…非常和谐 |
[30:27] | Don’t buy the house, mom. | 别买那房子 妈妈 |
[30:29] | Oh, she talked to you? | 她跟你说了? |
[30:32] | Yes, Alicia talked to me. | 是的 艾丽西娅和我谈过了 |
[30:33] | She doesn’t understand. | 她不理解 |
[30:35] | She thinks I’m doing this to hurt her. | 她觉得我这么做是为了伤害她 |
[30:37] | I’m doing this for you and the kids. | 我这么做是为了你和孩子们 |
[30:39] | I know, and thank you. | 我懂 谢谢你 |
[30:42] | Now, don’t buy the house. | 但是 不要买那座房子 |
[30:43] | You know, she wants to buy it. | 她想买 |
[30:44] | She wants to live there without you. | 她想要住在那里 把你摒弃在外 |
[30:45] | Mom, it’s not your house. | 妈妈 那不是你的房子 |
[30:48] | I put down payment on it. | 我已经给出了首付 |
[30:50] | I’ll lose that. | 不买这钱就白扔了 |
[30:51] | No, you’ll lose the earnest money at the most. | 不 你最多只会损失定金 |
[30:54] | I can’t afford losing that. | 这损失我也承受不起 |
[30:55] | Yes, you can. You’ll be fine. | 可以的 会没事的 |
[30:57] | Peter, I love you. | 彼得 我爱你 |
[31:00] | You have a good heart, but | 你的心很好 但是 |
[31:01] | you don’t know when people are manipulating you. I do. | 人们在操控你 你不知道 我却知道 |
[31:05] | Alicia is manipulating you. | 艾丽西娅在操控你 |
[31:07] | Alicia and I are trying very hard to act like adults. | 艾丽西娅和我都在努力做得像个成年人 |
[31:10] | I need you to butt out. | 我要你停止干涉此事 |
[31:17] | Peter, I-I can’t believe it. | 彼得 我不敢相信 |
[31:19] | No, listen to me. Sit down. Listen to me. | 听我说 坐下听我说 |
[31:24] | Do not buy that house. | 不要买那所房子 |
[31:28] | Do you understand me? | 听明白了吗 |
[31:30] | – Peter, she’s controlling you. – Mother! | -彼得 她在控制你 -妈 |
[31:33] | Do you want me in your life? | 你还想再见到我吗 |
[31:36] | Yes or no? | 想或不想 |
[31:38] | Yes. | 想 |
[31:39] | Then stop it. | 那就住手 |
[31:40] | Stop it right now! | 马上 |
[31:44] | Call the seller tomorrow, or I will. | 打电话给卖方 要不然我自己打 |
[31:47] | Do you understand me? | 明白了吗 |
[31:57] | Good. | 很好 |
[31:59] | Thanks for coming in. | 谢谢你过来 |
[32:05] | You think he was having a sexual rationship with her? | 你认为他和她有性关系? |
[32:08] | I checked his record. | 我查过他的记录 |
[32:10] | Two years after the murder, | 在命案后两年 |
[32:11] | another camper accused him of sexual harassment. | 另外一个露营者指控他性骚扰 |
[32:14] | So you’re saying, Rosa took Mary Jane’s bike | 你的意思是 罗莎骑着玛丽·简的自行车 |
[32:17] | and rode it to this counselor’s house? | 到了这个辅导员的家里 |
[32:18] | Yeah. Justin Varney, but no one ever knew, | 是的 他叫贾斯汀·瓦尔尼 但没人发觉此事 |
[32:21] | because the body was found in the woods back near her cabin. | 因为尸体是在她小屋附近的树林里发现的 |
[32:23] | The killer must have dumped it t. | 肯定是凶手把尸体抛弃在那 |
[32:25] | Why would he kill her? | 他为什么要杀她 |
[32:26] | Accusations of criminal sexual abuse. | 性侵犯的指控 |
[32:28] | She was 16, he was 25. | 他25岁 她16岁 |
[32:30] | So, call an emergency hearing, ask for | 召集紧急听证会 |
[32:32] | a reconsideration on bail. | 要求重新审议保释问题 |
[32:35] | It’s worth a shot. | 这值得一试 |
[32:38] | Okay. | 好 |
[32:38] | I’ll prepare the motion. Mm. | 我来准备动议 |
[32:40] | No. You take it head-on. | 不 你正面回应 |
[32:42] | We had problems in our marriage, | 我们的婚姻有过问题 |
[32:44] | but we’ve worked hard to mend fences. | 但是我们一直在努力改善关系 |
[32:46] | Mend fences? | 改善关系 |
[32:47] | Do you have a better cliche? | 还有比这更陈词滥调的吗 |
[32:50] | Just a second. | 稍等会 |
[32:53] | Hey, Frank. What’s up? | 弗兰克 出什么事了 |
[32:55] | You tell me. | 你说说看 |
[32:57] | You saw Mike Kresteva announce for governor. | 你看到迈克·克里斯特瓦要竞选州长 |
[32:59] | I did. | 是的 |
[33:00] | Is Peter running against him? | 彼得要和他竞选吗 |
[33:01] | Is the Democratic Committee supporting him? | 民主党委员会支持他吗 |
[33:04] | You come out for Peter, he’ll run. | 你支持彼得 他就会竞选 |
[33:07] | Is that your ex-wife? | 那不是你前妻吗 |
[33:12] | Yes. Vanessa. | 是的 凡妮莎 |
[33:15] | And she’s running for state senate? | 她要竞选州参议员? |
[33:17] | – Yes. – And you are runnig her campaign? | -是的 -你做她的竞选经理? |
[33:19] | Consulting. I can do both at the same time; don’worry. | 顾问而已 不要担心 我两件事都可以做好 |
[33:24] | And what if you can’t? | 如果你不行呢 |
[33:27] | What’s up, Frank? | 怎么了 弗兰克 |
[33:28] | We don’t want her to run. | 我们不想让她参选 |
[33:30] | What about Robert Mulvey for state senator? | 让罗伯特·马尔维竞选州参议员怎么样 |
[33:34] | Don’t do this to me, please. | 请不要对我这么做 |
[33:36] | She jumped the line, Eli. | 她越线了 伊莱 |
[33:38] | We don’t want a woman in the race. | 我们不想让女人参选 |
[33:41] | Mulvey wins the women’s vote without her… | 如果没有她 马尔维可以赢取女性选民的票 |
[33:42] | – Then let Mulvey compete. – No. | -那就让马尔维来竞争 -不 |
[33:44] | That’s not how this works. | 事情不是这么办的 |
[33:46] | He loses the women’s vote, he loses. | 失去女选民的票 他就会输 |
[33:50] | You want us to help Peter, | 要是想让我们支持彼得 |
[33:52] | you drop out of your ex-wife’s campaign. | 你就退出你前妻的竞选 |
[33:54] | – This is crazy. – No, it’s not. | -这太疯狂了 -一点也不 |
[33:55] | – I can’t do that to her. – Yes, you can. | -我不能这么对她 -你可以 |
[33:58] | She can run in four years; help her then. | 她可以4年后再参选 到时再帮她 |
[34:02] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[34:04] | Uh… don’t go getting melodramatic on me, Eli. | 不要这么夸张 伊莱 |
[34:07] | You don’t care about the state race. | 你才不在乎州参议员竞选 |
[34:11] | Peter’s the ball game. | 彼得的竞选才是你关心的 |
[34:13] | Just tell her you can’t help wh her campaign. | 只要告诉她你不能帮她竞选就行了 |
[34:17] | Good to see you, Eli. | 很高兴见到你 伊莱 |
[34:29] | 贾斯汀·瓦尔尼 喜好: 电影 墨西哥玉米饼 滑雪 职业: 摄影师 | |
[35:02] | And what do we have today, Counselors? | 各位律师 今天有什么情况 |
[35:04] | They’re here because, Your Honor | 法官大人 他们在这里是因为 |
[35:06] | my client and her co-defendants don’t have the luxury of waiting for a trial. | 被告耗不起等着审讯的时间 |
[35:11] | Hey, Justin Varney has an alibi. | 贾斯汀·瓦尔尼有不在场证明 |
[35:13] | He was at a bar with some friends | 谋杀发生时 |
[35:14] | at the time of the murder. | 他正和朋友在酒吧里 |
[35:19] | The timeline could be off? | 时间对不上了? |
[35:20] | Yeah, but there’s something else. | 但是还有其他事情 |
[35:22] | That’s a friendship bracelet, the kind teenage girls | 那是情侣手链 |
[35:25] | give to their boyfriends and keep one for themselves. | 少女和男朋友会各戴一只 |
[35:27] | And that is Megan. | 那是梅根 |
[35:29] | Megan gave Justin her friendship bracele | 梅根情侣手链的另一只给了贾斯汀 |
[35:31] | Justin didn’t do it. | 不是贾斯汀做的 |
[35:33] | He was dating girls from the camp, | 他和营地的女孩约会 |
[35:34] | but he wasn’t at home the night of the murder. | 但凶杀当晚他不在家 |
[35:36] | Rosa went there to see him, and… | 罗莎去见他 然后… |
[35:38] | – Megan was jealous. – Yeah, and Megan laid in wait for her. | -梅根吃醋了 -梅根就在那里等她 |
[35:41] | Is Cary anywhere near this? | 凯里接受这说法吗 |
[35:42] | Not yet, but I wouldn’t chance it. | 还没 但我觉得很难 |
[35:44] | – And our client? – I don’t know, | -我们的当事人呢 -我不知道 |
[35:45] | I think the only one involved is Megan, but… | 我觉得唯一有罪的是梅根 但是 |
[35:47] | Their fates are tied. | 她们的命运都连在一块了 |
[35:50] | Uh, okay, go show it to Diane. | 好 把这个拿给戴安看 |
[35:51] | And thanks for the help with my mother-in-law. | 谢谢你帮我处理我婆婆的事 |
[35:56] | Yes, Jackie. The money for the down payment, | 杰姬 首付的钱 |
[35:58] | you borrowed it from Zach and Grace’s trust, | 你是从扎克和格蕾丝的信托基金里借的 |
[36:00] | and that is… | 那真是… |
[36:02] | What? | 什么 |
[36:04] | I had a stroke. | 我中风了 |
[36:06] | You… Oh, come on, Jackie. | 你 拜托 杰姬 |
[36:09] | Alicia, I can’t reach Peter | 艾丽西娅 我找不到彼得 |
[36:12] | Please, you need to call him. | 请你打电话给他 |
[36:16] | I’m in the hospital. | 我在医院 |
[36:31] | And here we are. | 我们终于到这一步了 |
[36:33] | Yep, here we are. | 没错 终于到了 |
[36:35] | Have you decided? | 你决定好了吗 |
[36:39] | No private lives. | 不要涉及私人生活 |
[36:42] | Mafia rules? | 黑手党规则吗 |
[36:46] | We can come after each other but not the families. | 我们可以互相攻击 但不要牵扯家人 |
[36:48] | Nope. | 做不到 |
[36:50] | Peter, sorry, my one play here is… | 彼得 对不起 我只是想… |
[36:53] | Sorry, guys, can you grab the next one? | 不好意思 你们能搭下一部电梯吗 |
[36:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:59] | My one play here is to keep you out of the race. | 我只是想把你挡在参选的门外 |
[37:02] | And how do you keep an ambitious man from running? | 怎么能让一个有野心的男人放弃竞选呢 |
[37:05] | Tell him you’ll go after his family | 告诉他你会咬着他的家人不放 |
[37:06] | with everything you got. | 无所不用其极 |
[37:10] | You’re a real piece of work, aren’t you? | 你真是人中极品 |
[37:12] | I try to be. | 那一直是奋斗目标 |
[37:15] | Well, I’m gonna come after you | 既然如此 我也只能 |
[37:17] | with everything I’ve got, everything I can find. | 以牙还牙 以眼还眼 |
[37:21] | Sure. | 当然 |
[37:22] | Why not. | 放马过来 |
[37:25] | Peter, you enter the race, I can promise you one thing: | 彼得 如果你参选 我保证你一件事 |
[37:28] | you may not regret it, but your wife will. | 你也许不会后悔 但你的老婆会 |
[37:32] | Oh, and… your phone’s ringing. | 还有 你的手机在响 |
[37:40] | Hi, Alicia. | 嗨 艾丽西娅 |
[37:42] | What? | 什么 |
[38:08] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[38:12] | Is she all right? | 她还好吧 |
[38:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:19] | Mom, I’m sorry, I’m sorry I yelled at you. | 妈妈 对不起 我不应该吼你的 |
[38:23] | It’s gonna be all right. | 会没事的 |
[38:37] | I’m sorry? | 对不起 |
[38:39] | Really? | 是嘛 |
[38:41] | I thought I could handle two campaigns at once, | 我以为我可以兼顾两边的竞选 |
[38:44] | but I just don’t have the bandwidth to do either well. | 可是我没有精力把两份工作都做好 |
[38:46] | So you chose him. | 你选了他 |
[38:47] | I chose the campaign I was managing not consulting. | 我选了我在当竞选经理的 而不是在当顾问的 |
[38:52] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:56] | This is because we slept together, isn’t it? | 是因为我们俩上床了对吧 |
[39:00] | No. | 不是 |
[39:02] | – I don’t believe you. – Look, Vanessa, it pains me to do this. | -我不信 -凡妮莎 我也很痛苦 |
[39:04] | Well, I’m so sorry for your pain! | 真抱歉让你受苦了 |
[39:09] | – Look, I just… – What? | -我只是 -什么 |
[39:11] | I just hope that we can still be friends, because.. | 我希望我们还能做朋友 因为 |
[39:15] | this has been nice. | 我们这样挺好的 |
[39:19] | Good-bye, Eli. | 再见 伊莱 |
[39:24] | Okay, run this by me again. | 再跟我说一遍这事 |
[39:27] | – Hypothetically… – Of course. | -假设 -当然 |
[39:28] | if I could convince you | 如果我可以说服你 |
[39:29] | that one of the codefendants was actually guilty but | 有一个共同被告是有罪的 不过 |
[39:32] | – the other two weren’t… – That’s a big if. | -剩下的两个无罪 -这是个很大的”如果” |
[39:34] | Would you drop the charges against the other two? | 你会不会撤销对那两个人的控罪 |
[39:38] | Alicia, it’s not my call to make. | 艾丽西娅 这事不由我说了算 |
[39:40] | I still have a job to protect here. | 我还要保着自己的饭碗呢 |
[39:42] | For the time being, at least. | 起码目前是这样 |
[39:44] | But I thought you liked the–what did you call it? | 我以为你喜欢… 你用的什么词来着 |
[39:47] | Clarity. | 是非分明 |
[39:50] | Well, let’s just say it’s getting murkier by the day. | 那只能说日渐不那么分明了 |
[39:54] | I’m sorry, Alicia, honestly. | 很抱歉 艾丽西娅 真的 |
[40:02] | – You don’t seem happy here, Cary. – Really? | -你在这里并不开心 凯里 -是吗 |
[40:05] | Here in my cubicle? | 呆在这小隔间里? |
[40:06] | Got my Family Circus cartoons and my ficus. | 有家庭马戏团和盆栽相伴 |
[40:09] | What more could I want? | 夫复何求 |
[40:11] | – I’ll talk to you. – Yeah. | -咱们有空再聊 -好 |
[40:14] | Peter, it’s time to do this. | 彼得 是时候了 |
[40:18] | It’s time to decide. | 该做决定了 |
[40:21] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[40:23] | Which way are you going? | 你怎么选 |
[40:26] | Let’s do it. | 我们参选吧 |
[40:28] | Good. | 好 |
[40:30] | We’ll win this. | 我们会获胜的 |
[40:32] | I don’t know about that, but… | 这可难说 不过 |
[40:35] | it’s been decided. | 我已经下定决心 |
[40:50] | – No. – Callie, | -不行 -凯莉 |
[40:52] | all our clients are gonna sit in jail for other year, | 当他们动用全部资源 |
[40:55] | while the state’s attorney’s office devotes every resource they have | 去寻找我们当事人有罪的证据时 |
[40:58] | to figuring out how to prove them guilty. | 她们要在监狱里多蹲一年 |
[41:01] | Do you really think they’re not gonna find this? | 你真以为他们不会发现这事吗 |
[41:02] | It’s not about what I think, Diane– | 这跟我怎么想没关系 戴安 |
[41:04] | my client has made up her mind. | 我的当事人已经做了决定 |
[41:05] | Then your client needs to be told the facts. | 那你要让你的当事人知道现在的情况 |
[41:06] | This evidence against Megan looks equally bad for all of us. | 这项对梅根不利的证据 对我们所有人都很糟 |
[41:09] | There’s no way to prove that Lindsey and Pam | 我们根本无法证明琳赛和帕梅拉 |
[41:11] | didn’t help Megan do this. | 没有协助梅根 |
[41:12] | We’ll take our chances. | 我们会碰碰运气 |
[41:13] | No. You want the money from a lawsuit– | 不 你想从官司里赚一笔 |
[41:15] | – that’s why you’ll take your chances. – Oh, grow up. | -这才是原因 -成熟点吧 |
[41:18] | Don’t play the martyr here. | 别帮自己立牌坊了 |
[41:19] | You were just as much into the money as I was. | 你们跟我一样想要那笔赔偿金 |
[41:23] | And what if… Lindsey testifies against your client? | 如果 琳赛作不利于你当事人的证明呢 |
[41:27] | What? | 你说什么 |
[41:28] | It’s a new trial. | 案件重新审理了 |
[41:29] | Cary needs new witnesses to replace the DNA evidence. | 凯里要新的证人来顶替之前的基因证据 |
[41:33] | Lindsey would make a good witness. | 琳赛会是一个好证人 |
[41:35] | She’d lie? | 她会撒谎? |
[41:36] | – She wants out of prisons; she’s desperate. | 她想离开监狱 她孤注一掷了 |
[41:38] | You never know what a desperate person will say. | 谁会知道一个孤注一掷的人会说些什么话 |
[41:42] | So I’m wrong to want money, | 我想要钱是错的 |
[41:44] | but you are not wrong to blackmail? | 而你们敲诈勒索是对的? |
[41:47] | That’s right. | 说得没错 |
[41:55] | How’s that door looking? | 那扇门看起来怎样 |
[41:58] | Within reach. | 触手可及 |
[42:00] | You have any idea what you’re gonna do? | 你以后有什么打算吗 |
[42:02] | No. | 没有 |
[42:04] | I used to like volleyball. | 我从前喜欢打排球 |
[42:07] | I wouldn’t mind playing some volleyball. | 我不介意重拾旧业 |
[42:10] | This is where the nightmare always ended. | 我每次噩梦都是现在这种情形下结束 |
[42:18] | Lindsey. | 琳赛 |
[42:19] | Oh, my baby! | 我的孩子 |
[42:21] | It’s over. Oh, sweetheart! | 都结束了 亲爱的 |
[42:24] | We’ve had it for far too long in the state of Illinois. | 这种情况在伊利诺伊州已持续太久 |
[42:28] | It’s the politics of divisiveness and discord, | 政治充斥着不和与纷争 |
[42:32] | personal attacks instead of public achievement, | 政客不为民谋福 只会相互攻击 |
[42:36] | negative campaigning instead of positive creation. | 没有积极的创造 只有消极的竞选 |
[42:40] | And that is why today | 那就是为什么今天 |
[42:43] | I am throwing my cap into the race | 我郑重宣布 |
[42:45] | and announcing my candidacy for the governor of Illinois. | 我正式加入伊利诺伊州长竞选的行列之中 |
[42:50] | Our next governor! | 我们下一任州长 |