时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Hi. My name is Therese Dodd | 大家好 我叫特蕾泽·多德 |
[00:12] | and these are my breasts. | 这是我的乳房 |
[00:15] | Breast cancer is a serious matter. | 乳腺癌是严重的问题 |
[00:18] | Early detection can save lives. | 及早发现可以拯救生命 |
[00:21] | And so, as a public service, | 因此 出于为人民服务精神 |
[00:24] | I will now demonstrate a self-exam. | 我为大家展示一下乳房自检 |
[00:33] | This is serious. | 这事很严肃 |
[00:35] | You do have a bra on under that, right? | 你衬衫下面穿了胸罩的 对吧 |
[00:36] | No, Joey, | 没有 乔伊 |
[00:38] | what I have is a drive to help women. | 我有的 是帮助女性的一腔热血 |
[00:40] | Yeah, see, we’re live, so it’s probably best… | 我们在直播 所以最好还是… |
[00:43] | Okay, there they are. | 好吧 露出来了 |
[00:44] | And did you hear the host say that? | 你听到主持人说的话了吗 |
[00:46] | Say we were live? | 说我们在直播? |
[00:48] | Yeah. | 听到了 |
[00:49] | But I thought it was like a seven-second delay or something. | 但我以为有7秒延迟什么的 |
[00:54] | Did you just smile at your lawyer | 你刚刚冲你的律师笑 |
[00:56] | because he coached you to say that? | 是因为他教你这么说的吗 |
[00:57] | Objection. | 反对 |
[00:58] | No, I smiled at my lawyer because he’s cute. | 不 我冲我的律师笑是因为他长得帅 |
[01:01] | You’re being sued for $2 million, Ms. Dodd. | 你被起诉并被索赔200万 多德小姐 |
[01:03] | I would take this more seriously if I were you. | 如果我是你 我会表现得严肃些 |
[01:09] | The first step to a self-exam is… | 自检的第一步是… |
[01:14] | Stop looking over there. I am right here. | 别往那边看 我在这儿呢 |
[01:17] | Cover that up. We’re not… | 盖上点 我们不… |
[01:19] | The first thing you want to do with your… | 首先要对你的[吡声]做的… |
[01:21] | – Okay! – is touch and massage them like so. | -拜托 -是这样抚摸并按摩它们 |
[01:25] | We have placed censor boxes over the offending areas, | 我们用黑框遮住了不雅部位 |
[01:29] | but on that day, your routine was sent out | 但当天 你的这段表演还是被 |
[01:32] | to eight million households. | 800万家庭观看到了 |
[01:33] | But you didn’t care, did you, Ms. Dodd? | 但你无所谓 是吧 多德小姐 |
[01:35] | Well, I cared about women being informed about breast cancer. | 我在意的是让女性了解乳腺癌 |
[01:38] | Oh, Ms. Dodd, really? | 多德小姐 真的吗 |
[01:40] | – That’s why you disrobed? -Sure. | -这就是你脱衣服的原因吗 -当然 |
[01:41] | My mom died of breast cancer last year. Why else? | 我母亲去年死于乳腺癌 还能是为什么 |
[01:45] | Because you happened to have a humorous book | 因为你刚好有一本搞笑书 |
[01:47] | coming out in two months. | 将在两个月后发行 |
[01:48] | And you didn’t care that you were using vulgar language | 而你也不在意你在800万观众前 |
[01:51] | in front of eight million viewers? | 使用粗俗语言吗 |
[01:53] | What do you mean, “vulgar”? | 你说的”粗俗”是指什么 |
[01:54] | Which word? | 哪个词 |
[01:55] | I think you know, ma’am. | 我想你心里清楚 女士 |
[01:56] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不清楚 |
[01:58] | Honestly, which one? | 说真的 哪个词 |
[02:00] | It rhymes with “Bits.” | 和bits押韵的词[tits] |
[02:03] | It rhymes with “Bits”? | 和bits押韵的词? |
[02:05] | Are we eight years old? | 我们是八岁小孩吗 |
[02:07] | You mean… | 你是说… |
[02:09] | Bob, would you close that, please? | 鲍勃 麻烦你把窗户关上好吗 |
[02:11] | You enjoy using vulgar language to provoke, | 你喜欢使用粗俗语言来引起注意 |
[02:14] | – don’t you, Ms. Dodd? – I do. | -是吧 多德小姐 -是的 |
[02:16] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有其它问题了 法官阁下 |
[02:19] | Therese, did you go on the show intending | 特蕾泽 你上节目之前就想好 |
[02:22] | – to take off your blouse? – No. | -要脱衣服了吗 -不是的 |
[02:24] | And did you feel that the show pushed you | 那你是否觉得是节目组煽动你 |
[02:26] | to do something outrageous? | 做出些离谱的举动来? |
[02:27] | Oh, yeah, they always have me on to push the envelope. | 是的 他们经常鼓励我打破常规 |
[02:30] | And you were told that the talk show would be delayed | 你被告知 脱口秀节目由于橄榄球赛超时 |
[02:32] | due to a football overrun? | 而延迟播出? |
[02:33] | – Yes. – And therefore, | -是的 -而因此 |
[02:35] | you thought that the show would be broadcast | 你以为节目播出的时间 |
[02:37] | during the safe harbor period? | 是在”安全港时段”? |
[02:38] | Uh… what? | 什么 |
[02:40] | Safe harbor. It’s the time after 10:00 p.m. | 安全港 指晚10点以后 |
[02:42] | and before 6:00 a.m. | 至早6点以前的时间段 |
[02:44] | when network programs can, according to FCC rules, | 根据联邦通信委规定 该时段电视台 |
[02:49] | show nudity and use language like… | 可以播放裸体和粗口 例如… |
[02:54] | Bob, how are we getting on with that window? | 鲍勃 那扇窗关得怎么样了 |
[02:57] | Yes, Counselor, | 是的 律师 |
[02:59] | I thought the show was going on at 10:00 p.m. | 我以为节目会在晚10点播出 |
[03:01] | And therefore, the words you used, | 因此 你使用的语言 |
[03:03] | and the skin you exposed, | 和你裸露身体的行为 |
[03:05] | was problematic only due to the network’s self-imposed censorship? | 只是与电视台自己加给自己的审查相冲突? |
[03:08] | Your Honor, it doesn’t matter. | 法官阁下 那并不重要 |
[03:09] | The show was taped in Chicago, | 节目是在芝加哥录制的 |
[03:11] | but broadcast live on the West Coast at 8:00 p.m. | 但于晚8点在西海岸直播 |
[03:13] | Yes, but that wasn’t Therese’s decision. | 是 但那并不是特蕾泽做的决定 |
[03:15] | That was the network’s. | 而是电视台的决定 |
[03:16] | She thought the show was safely in the safe harbor. | 她以为节目在安全港时段播出 |
[03:18] | Ms. Dodd signed a contract with the network, | 多德小姐是与电视台签的合同 |
[03:20] | not with the FCC. | 不是与联邦通信委 |
[03:21] | Let me get this straight. | 我们把话说明白了 |
[03:22] | The FCC says I can strip down naked | 联邦通信委允许我脱光衣服或说粗话 |
[03:24] | and talk dirty like a cable show, | 像在有线台那样 |
[03:26] | but the network says I can’t? | 但你们电视台却不允许吗 |
[03:28] | Ms. Dodd, please let your attorney ask the questions. | 多德小姐 请让你的律师来提问 |
[03:30] | I’m just surprised, | 我只是感到惊讶 |
[03:32] | aren’t you? | 你不吃惊吗 |
[03:33] | The network can show the same stuff as cable, | 电视台可以和有线台播出同样的内容 |
[03:36] | but they choose not to? | 但他们选择不这么做? |
[03:37] | Your Honor, this lawsuit is a sham. | 法官阁下 这起官司不过是故作姿态 |
[03:39] | Mr. Preston and his client, the network, | 普莱斯顿先生和他的当事人 即该电视台 |
[03:41] | know they can’t get $2 million from my client. | 知道无法从我的当事人身上拿走200万 |
[03:43] | They are suing her for the same reason | 他们起诉她的原因 |
[03:45] | their Standards and Practices are stricter than the FCC. | 与他们的规则比联邦通信委更严格的原因相同 |
[03:48] | For their advertisers. | 是为了他们的广告商 |
[03:49] | Mr. Gardner makes a sound point, Mr. Preston. | 加德纳先生说得很有道理 普莱斯顿先生 |
[03:52] | Ms. Dodd shouldn’t be liable for the network’s choices. | 多德小姐不应为电视台的选择负责 |
[03:56] | There’s only one question remaining for me | 现在我只剩下一个问题 |
[03:57] | and that’s premeditation. | 就是是否有预谋 |
[03:59] | Unless you have evidence to prove Ms. Dodd went on the show | 除非你们能证明多德小姐在上节目前 |
[04:03] | intending to perform indecent material– | 就想好要做出不雅表现 |
[04:06] | for instance, an earlier and identical stand-up routine– | 比如之前曾有过同样的公开表演 |
[04:10] | then I am prone to dismiss. | 否则我倾向于驳回诉讼 |
[04:14] | I don’t understand breasts. | 我搞不懂乳房 |
[04:16] | They’re made of fat; | 它们由脂肪组成 |
[04:17] | they sag; they drool; and guys still go for them. | 会下垂 会溢液 但男人们照样喜欢 |
[04:21] | It’s like being turned on by Jabba the Hutt. | 这简直跟被赫特人贾巴激起性致一样 |
[04:25] | I’ve decided to name mine. | 我决定给我的胸部起名字 |
[04:27] | This one’s Margie. | 这边叫玛吉 |
[04:29] | Margie’s the misunderstood one… | 玛吉是被误解的那个 |
[04:32] | – Anything yet now? – No. | -找到什么吗 -没有 |
[04:34] | Another breast routine. | 还有一个关于乳房的表演 |
[04:35] | But different material. | 但内容不同 |
[04:38] | Do you think she’s funny? | 你觉得她好笑吗 |
[04:39] | – Sometimes. – You? | -有时吧 -你呢 |
[04:41] | It seems like an easy laugh– breasts. | 感觉她的笑料很廉价 都是关于乳房 |
[04:44] | Well, guys make penis jokes. | 男人们也会拿小弟弟开玩笑 |
[04:47] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[04:48] | Yeah, those are easy, too. | 那些笑话也很廉价 |
[04:50] | You’ve, um, been spending a lot of time with Clarke. | 你…最近和克拉克接触不少 |
[04:53] | Yeah. | 对 |
[04:54] | Everything okay? | 一切都好吗 |
[04:55] | Yeah. | 很好 |
[04:57] | He just… he just likes to talk. | 他…只是很喜欢聊天 |
[05:00] | – Laura? – Oh, hello, Alicia. | -劳拉 -你好 艾丽西娅 |
[05:01] | – How are you? – Good. | -你好吗 -很好 |
[05:03] | You’re out of uniform, Captain. | 你今天没穿军装啊 上尉 |
[05:05] | Permanently. Unfortunately. | 很不幸 我从此要脱掉军装了 |
[05:07] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[05:08] | My choice. | 我自己的决定 |
[05:09] | I was losing my bearings, | 我迷失了方向 |
[05:10] | things soured. | 事情都变味了 |
[05:12] | I’m on the market now. | 我要出来找工作了 |
[05:14] | Whee… | 欢呼吧 |
[05:14] | – You’re… looking for a job? – Yeah. | -你在…找工作? -对 |
[05:17] | No, not here. | 但不是在这儿 |
[05:18] | I’m out there checking out the job market. | 我出来去人才市场的 |
[05:20] | This is my interview outfit. | 这是我的面试装 |
[05:22] | So you’re here…? | 那你过来是要… |
[05:24] | Oh, my bill. I haven’t paid it yet. | 来付账 我还没付律师费呢 |
[05:26] | Oh, God, I’m so sorry. | 天呐 我真的很抱歉 |
[05:28] | What? Why? | 为什么 |
[05:29] | – We lost. – But we did our best. | -我们输了 -但我们已经做到最好了 |
[05:30] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[05:32] | So can you show me to Clarke Hayden? | 你能告诉我克拉克·海登在哪吗 |
[05:35] | Um, that door. | 那个屋子 |
[05:36] | And, Laura, if you need anything– | 还有 劳拉 如果你需要帮助 |
[05:38] | I started over pretty late. | 我是年龄很大了才又重新开始工作 |
[05:40] | So, if you want to talk. | 所以 你愿意的话可以找我聊聊 |
[05:42] | I’ll call you. | 我会给你打电话的 |
[05:48] | Hello? | 你好 |
[05:49] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:50] | What do you think of Brazilian food? | 你喜欢巴西菜吗 |
[05:53] | What do I… What? | 我喜欢…什么 |
[05:56] | Yes, Gus, we take Maddie Hayward | 对 格斯 我们认为玛蒂·海沃德 |
[05:59] | very seriously as a contender. | 是一个有力的竞争者 |
[06:00] | But our eye is still on the Republican, Kresteva. | 但我们的关注点依然在共和党的克里斯特瓦 |
[06:04] | – One question. – Maddie’s worth $180 million– | -还有一个问题 -玛蒂身家1.8亿美元 |
[06:07] | that’s a lot of ad buys. | 广告位可以买很多 |
[06:08] | You’re telling me you’re not worried? | 而你还表示完全不担心吗 |
[06:10] | I’m telling you, these millionaires always | 我是说 这些富豪 |
[06:12] | burn themselves out after a while | 随后总会自我毁灭 |
[06:13] | because money only gets you so far. | 因为钱只能让你走到这么远 |
[06:15] | Now does anyone have a question about, you know, the issues? | 现在 有人有正经问题要问吗 |
[06:21] | Wait, Eli, Eli. | 等等 伊莱 伊莱 |
[06:23] | What about Peter sleeping with a campaign worker? | 彼得和竞选工作人员上床是怎么回事 |
[06:25] | Is that you, Mitch? | 是你吗 米奇 |
[06:26] | This is crap and you know it. | 你知道的 那都是胡扯 |
[06:28] | Synth printed it, Eli. | 杂志社都发稿了 伊莱 |
[06:29] | A disgraced reporter printed it. | 一个失检的记者发了稿而已 |
[06:32] | Peter Florrick has categorically denied these charges, | 彼得·福瑞克明确否认了这种指控 |
[06:35] | and the accuser has been proved a liar. | 原告也被证明在说谎了 |
[06:37] | Now, are there any real questions? | 现在 有人有真正算问题的问题吗 |
[06:40] | Sure. One. | 好吧 还有一个 |
[06:42] | Okay. Who’s this? | 好的 请问是哪位 |
[06:43] | Wexler Turner from NSW News. | NSW新闻的韦克斯勒·特纳 |
[06:47] | Uh… okay, go for it. | 好的 请讲 |
[06:49] | Can you respond to reports that this campaign worker | 那个竞选工作人员指出了彼得·福瑞克身上 |
[06:51] | has identified a distinguishing mark | 有明显的标记 |
[06:52] | on Peter Florrick’s anatomy? | 你对此可有回应 |
[06:56] | You’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[06:57] | No, sir. | 先生 我没有 |
[06:59] | She says he has a birthmark on his penis, | 她说他阴茎上有块胎记 |
[07:01] | shaped like Brazil. | 形状像巴西版图 |
[07:03] | Can you confirm or deny that Florrick has such a birthmark? | 你能确认福瑞克是否有这样的胎记吗 |
[07:10] | This is… | 这是… |
[07:15] | How dare you, sir? | 先生 你怎能如此大胆 |
[07:17] | “At long last, how dare you”? | 终于来了 你怎能如此大胆 |
[07:21] | This is an outrage. | 这极其离谱 |
[07:24] | Do you guys listen to yourselves anymore? | 你们说话还过脑子吗 |
[07:27] | Okay, that’s the Morning Call for today. | 今天的早间采访到此为止了 |
[07:30] | Get the candidate on the phone. | 给我接候选人的电话 |
[07:32] | Where is he? | 他去哪了 |
[07:33] | And someone call Alicia. | 麻烦谁给艾丽西娅打个电话 |
[07:35] | Rebecca Stokes. | 我叫丽贝卡·斯托克斯 |
[07:36] | I’m a makeup artist with ten years’ experience. | 我是有十年经验的化妆师 |
[07:39] | And did you do the makeup | 事发那天晚上 |
[07:40] | for the defendant on the night in question? | 你给被告化妆了吗 |
[07:41] | Yes. Hi, Therese. | 是的 你好 特蕾泽 |
[07:43] | And when you do the makeup for guests… | 一般你给顾客化妆时… |
[07:45] | Strike that. | 收回这句话 |
[07:46] | Was there anything unusual you did | 你在多德女士的妆容上 |
[07:48] | – with Ms. Dodd’s makeup? – Yeah. | -用了什么特殊手法吗 -对 |
[07:50] | Uh, no. | 没有 |
[07:52] | I mean, just, um, foundation and blush. | 我是说 只打了底 上了腮红 |
[07:56] | What do you mean? | 你想问什么呢 |
[07:57] | Was there anything unusual regarding the placement? | 在上妆的部位上有什么不同寻常的吗 |
[08:00] | The placement? | 部位? |
[08:01] | I, uh… | 我… |
[08:03] | You usually only do makeup on the face? | 你通常只会给脸部上妆吧 |
[08:05] | Oh, yeah, and sometimes the arms. | 对 有的时候还有胳膊 |
[08:07] | And what did Ms. Dodd ask you to do? | 那多德女士要求你做什么呢 |
[08:09] | Oh, I see. | 哦 我明白了 |
[08:10] | She wanted makeup on her chest. | 她希望给胸部上妆 |
[08:13] | And by her chest, you don’t mean | 是她的胸部 你说的 |
[08:15] | just the cleavage? | 不只是乳沟吧? |
[08:16] | I do. | 是啊 |
[08:18] | No, uh, but you mean more than that? | 不 你的意思是要上妆的部位不仅乳沟吧 |
[08:20] | Oh, yeah. | 对 |
[08:21] | She wanted both her breasts done. | 她想给两个乳房都上妆 |
[08:24] | I thought it was unusual because, | 我觉得要求很不寻常 |
[08:26] | you know, the camera is only gonna see the cleavage, | 摄像机只能拍到乳沟的 |
[08:28] | but then it made sense after I saw. | 但我看过录像后就明白了 |
[08:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:35] | What do you want? | 你们想怎样 |
[08:36] | – $2 million. – Mr. Preston, | -200万 -普莱斯顿先生 |
[08:37] | our client can’t pay a tenth of that. | 我们的客户连十分之一都付不起 |
[08:39] | She can when her book comes out. | 等她的书出了就可以了 |
[08:44] | And how will that look for your network, | 这样你们电视网又树立了什么形象 |
[08:46] | bankrupting a comedian whose mother died of breast cancer? | 把一个母亲死于乳腺癌的喜剧演员逼到破产? |
[08:49] | It’ll look like we take decency on our airwaves seriously. | 那表明我们非常在意节目的体面 |
[08:51] | Then have our client apologize. | 那让我们的客户道歉 |
[08:52] | Have her do a PSA for you. | 给你们拍段公益广告 |
[08:53] | No. Thank you, though. | 不 还是谢谢了 |
[08:59] | Yes, Mr. Hayden. | 请说 海登先生 |
[09:00] | Nothing. Just clearing my throat. | 没事 就是清清嗓子 |
[09:05] | Then we have nothing to negotiate. | 我们无须再谈 |
[09:06] | We’ll see you in court. | 法庭见 |
[09:13] | Parents Against Indecency | “家长抵制下流”组织 |
[09:15] | have bombarded the FCC with letters and complaints | 已经向联邦通信委 |
[09:18] | regarding Ms. Dodd’s little stunt. | 轰炸式投诉多德女士的表演 |
[09:20] | And our expectation is the FCC | 我们预计 联邦通信委 |
[09:22] | will fine us the maximum: $3 million. | 会对我们处以最高额罚款 300万 |
[09:25] | Mr. Preston, we’ve already made clear our client can’t… | 普莱斯顿先生 我方已表明当事人无力… |
[09:27] | Over the next two days, | 未来两天 |
[09:29] | I’m meeting individually | 我将分别 |
[09:30] | with three of the FCC commissioners to lobby them. | 游说联邦通信委的3名委员 |
[09:33] | The three swing votes. | 3张摇摆票 |
[09:36] | There is one thing your client can do to quash our suit. | 欲令我方息诉 你的当事人有一条路可走 |
[09:40] | Apologize. | 道歉 |
[09:43] | Tell them the saintly story of her mom dying of cancer, | 把她母亲死于癌症这个桥段娓娓告知 |
[09:47] | and her sense of overexuberance at wanting to do something about it. | 同时还要吐露她为抗癌做贡献的超凡激情 |
[09:50] | You’ll quash the suit if she does? | 若她照做你方便肯息诉 |
[09:52] | No, I’ll quash the suit if she’s successful. | 不 是她把事办好我们就息诉 |
[09:54] | She needs to convince two of the three swing votes | 要使联邦通信委免除罚款 |
[09:57] | for the FCC to drop their fine. | 她需赢得3张摇摆票的2张 |
[09:59] | She does that, she doesn’t pay a cent. | 她若做得到 就一分钱不用赔 |
[10:02] | We have no choice. | 我们别无选择 |
[10:03] | I know. That’s not the concern. | 我知道 我担心的不是这个 |
[10:05] | The concern is her. | 我担心的是她 |
[10:06] | She won’t go? | 担心她不肯去? |
[10:07] | No, she will. She just… | 不是 她会去 只不过 |
[10:10] | She needs a babysitter. | 必须有人盯着她才行 |
[10:13] | Alicia, you go with her to D.C. | 艾丽西娅 你跟她去首都 |
[10:15] | Make sure she stays in line. | 要确保她言行得当 |
[10:16] | Uh, Cary will go with you. | 凯里会跟你去 |
[10:18] | I don’t think we need two. | 用不着两个人吧 |
[10:20] | -I can stay. -Do you mind giving us a minute? | -我可以留下 -你介意回避下吗 |
[10:22] | Sure. | 好的 |
[10:26] | You don’t think Alicia can do it? | 你觉得艾丽西娅搞不定? |
[10:28] | No, I think we need to use Cary more. | 不是 我觉得应该多用凯里 |
[10:31] | He’s taking a backseat on too many cases. | 他处理了太多案件的幕后工作 |
[10:33] | He complained? | 他向你抱怨了? |
[10:34] | No, he didn’t have to. I noticed. | 不 不用他抱怨 我能察觉 |
[10:36] | You think I’m holding him back? | 你觉得我打压他了? |
[10:38] | I think you’re the head of litigation, | 我觉得你是诉讼部的负责人 |
[10:39] | and we need to use Cary more. | 我们需要多用用凯里 |
[10:41] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[10:46] | What’s going on there? | 他们在说什么 |
[10:48] | Nice to meet you, Mr. Hayden. | 很高兴见到你 海登先生 |
[10:49] | And you. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[10:51] | Lockhart/Gardner is a good firm. | 洛克哈特&加德纳是间优秀律所 |
[10:54] | It has the feel of a family-run business, | 颇有家族企业之风范 |
[10:56] | but the client base of a Portman & Michaels. | 又有与波特曼&迈克尔所同级别的客户群 |
[10:58] | I don’t think I… | 我不认为我… |
[11:00] | You know we’re on opposite sides of this suit? | 你也知道我们是本案的当事双方吧 |
[11:04] | I also know you’re looking to expand | 我还知道你们打算把业务 |
[11:06] | from L.A. To the Midwest. | 从洛杉矶扩展到中西部来 |
[11:10] | We’re looking to build, not purchase. | 我们打算自营 而非收购 |
[11:13] | Yes, but isn’t it easier to remodel an existing home | 没错 但是相对开疆扩土而言 |
[11:15] | than to build a new one? | 改朝换代不是更便捷吗 |
[11:16] | Not if the foundation is compromised. | 也得看旧朝基业是否稳定 |
[11:19] | Well, why don’t you test the foundation | 那么 何不亲临其境 |
[11:21] | to see if it’s compromised? | 探个明白 |
[11:27] | Does the firm want to be acquired? | 这家律所希望被收购吗 |
[11:29] | It’s not up to the firm. | 所里的意见不算数 |
[11:31] | It’s up to the courts. | 法院判决才是关键 |
[11:33] | With my input. | 我的报告举足轻重 |
[11:36] | Then I’ll consider it. | 我会考虑此事 |
[11:54] | You want to know what? | 你们想问什么 |
[11:55] | We don’t want to know anything. | 我们什么都不想问 |
[11:56] | I do. | 我想问 |
[11:58] | How is it even possible | 怎么可能会长出 |
[11:59] | to have a birthmark shaped like Brazil? | 巴西版图形状的胎记呢 |
[12:02] | So, you don’t? | 就是说 你没长? |
[12:03] | No, Jim. I don’t. | 没有 吉姆 我没长 |
[12:06] | Would you like to check? | 你要亲自检查一下吗 |
[12:06] | Okay, here’s the problem. | 好了 问题出在这儿 |
[12:07] | We buried the affair story, | 我们了结了婚外情事件 |
[12:09] | but this is different. | 但此事不同 |
[12:10] | This is late-night fodder. | 这是深夜电视笑话的绝好素材 |
[12:13] | It’s also the perfect political trap. | 也是个完美的政治陷阱 |
[12:15] | We can’t have the candidate say that he doesn’t have | 我们不能让候选人声明自己的阴茎上 |
[12:17] | a Brazil-shaped birthmark on his penis. | 没长巴西版图形状的胎记 |
[12:20] | We can’t have surrogates say it because how did they see? | 团队代表也不能表态 因为他们怎么可能会看到 |
[12:22] | We could have the wife. | 可以让妻子出来说 |
[12:22] | No. No. | 不 不行 |
[12:24] | Then we change the subject. | 那我们只好转移话题 |
[12:27] | Boy. | 天呐 |
[12:28] | You ever wonder about this country? | 你们不对这个国家感到纳闷吗 |
[12:30] | All the time. | 一直很纳闷 |
[12:32] | Well, here’s the real worry. | 我们真正需要忧虑的是 |
[12:34] | If this is the perfect political trap, | 若此事真是一个精心策划的政治陷阱 |
[12:38] | I don’t think Indira Starr was smart enough to think it up. | 我不认为尹迪拉·斯塔有这个头脑 |
[12:42] | Kresteva? | 克里斯特瓦呢 |
[12:43] | Sounds like him. | 手段确似他所为 |
[12:44] | I think our Republican opponent is up to his old tricks. | 看来咱们的共和党对手故技重施了 |
[12:49] | I’m on it. | 我会调查清楚 |
[12:53] | What do you have? | 有何良策 |
[12:54] | To change the subject? | 要转移话题吗 |
[12:55] | A rumor. | 爆个丑闻如何 |
[12:57] | Maddie Hayward, your primary opponent– | 玛蒂·海沃德 你们的初选对手 |
[13:00] | she’s sleeping with her aide. | 跟她的助手有一腿 |
[13:02] | Mmm, not big enough. She’s single. | 这个料不够劲爆 她本来就单身 |
[13:04] | The aide is a girl. | 助手是女的 |
[13:12] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:14] | Our fingerprints cannot be on this. | 绝不能被人看出是我们爆料 |
[13:18] | And get some photos if you can. | 尽量搞点照片出来 |
[13:24] | So, I have to tell three FCC commissioners | 我需要对3个联邦通信委的委员 |
[13:27] | about my mom dying of cancer? | 说我妈死于癌症的事? |
[13:29] | I believe in you. | 我相信你能做到 |
[13:33] | Do you like Coldplay? | 你喜欢酷玩乐队吗 |
[13:35] | Do I like them? | 我喜不喜欢他们 |
[13:36] | Enough. | 还行吧 |
[13:37] | – I hate them. – Okay. | -我讨厌他们 -好吧 |
[13:40] | When I get to the part about my mom’s hair falling out, | 当我说到我妈开始掉头发那段时 |
[13:42] | I want you to hum “Fix You.” | 我要你哼他们的《Fix You》 |
[13:45] | She only needs two of the three swing votes. | 她只需要3张摇摆票的2张 |
[13:47] | Can she do it? | 她能做到吗 |
[13:49] | She’s motivated. | 她动力十足 |
[13:51] | Good. | 很好 |
[13:54] | It must be difficult, this bankruptcy. | 很难熬吧 破产危机 |
[13:57] | Not really. | 也不是啊 |
[13:59] | But you’ve lost 40% of your attorneys? | 但是你们解聘了40%的律师吧 |
[14:02] | We still have our major clients. | 我们的大客户都还在 |
[14:05] | Even family law? | 家庭法律部也是吗 |
[14:06] | They have their major clients? | 他们的大客户都还在吗 |
[14:08] | Yes. Why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[14:11] | Rank, unfettered curiosity. | 无来由的好奇心罢了 |
[14:15] | You don’t have to tell me. | 你不用再说了 |
[14:16] | I’m on your side. | 我站在你这边 |
[14:17] | Wow. That was easy. | 那简单多了 |
[14:19] | They made me think I had to take you in the next room | 他们给我的感觉是我得带你到另一个房间 |
[14:21] | – and give you a… – So, we can depend on your vote, sir? | -给你… -先生 你会投票给我们吧 |
[14:26] | Certainly. | 当然 |
[14:28] | But I’ve always thought you network folk | 我总觉得你们电视网这群人 |
[14:30] | were too terrified of us at the FCC anyway. | 过于害怕我们联邦通信委了 |
[14:33] | We’re not the ones infantilizing entertainment. | 让娱乐节目幼儿化的并不是我们 |
[14:35] | – That’s what I told him. – So hypocritical. | -我也是那样告诉他的 -太虚伪了 |
[14:37] | You allow yourselves to show naked bodies | 只要身体受伤满是鲜血 |
[14:39] | just as long as they’re bruised and covered in blood. | 就可以光着身子 |
[14:41] | Yeah. Why is that, Burl? | 是的 为什么呢 伯尔 |
[14:43] | – We’re not talking about… – Tell us. | -我们谈论的不是… -告诉我们 |
[14:44] | Okay. Thank you so much, Commissioner Gill. | 好 非常感谢 吉尔委员 |
[14:47] | I haven’t talked about my mom dying yet. | 我还没谈到我母亲的死呢 |
[14:49] | That’s okay, Therese. | 不用了 特蕾泽 |
[14:50] | Okay. Thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[14:54] | Nice paperweight. | 好漂亮的镇纸 |
[14:56] | First effort in metal shop or something? | 加工车间的第一件成品还是什么 |
[14:59] | That’s from 9/11. | 那来自911 |
[15:02] | Damn those terrorists and their paperweights. | 恐怖分子和他们的镇纸真可恨 |
[15:08] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[15:10] | Comedy killer. | 喜剧杀手 |
[15:11] | Do you think we’ll be all right? | 你觉得我们会没事吗 |
[15:12] | He’s on board, but we can’t be going off script like that. | 他已经站我们这边了 但我们不能那样不按计划 |
[15:17] | Cary? | 凯里 |
[15:22] | Sir. | 你好 |
[15:23] | I didn’t know you were in town. | 我不知道你也在这儿 |
[15:24] | Work. The FCC. | 公差 找联邦通信委 |
[15:27] | But you’re still with, um…? | 你还在… |
[15:29] | Lockhart/Gardner, yeah. | 是的 还在洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[15:33] | Uh, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[15:34] | This is my colleague, Alicia Florrick. | 这是我的同事 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[15:36] | My father, Jeffrey Agos. | 我的父亲 杰弗里·艾格斯 |
[15:38] | Really? | 是吗 |
[15:39] | – What a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Agos. – And you. | -很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[15:41] | How’s Mom? | 妈妈怎么样 |
[15:42] | Good. | 很好 |
[15:43] | Last I heard. | 上次我听说的 |
[15:44] | – Martha? – Uh, overseas in China. | -玛莎呢 -在中国 |
[15:46] | Back in a month. | 一个月后回来 |
[15:48] | And how’s, uh, that girl of yours? | 你的女朋友怎么样 |
[15:51] | That girl? Which one? | 那个女朋友 哪个 |
[15:52] | The last one. The pretty one. | 上次那个 漂亮的那个 |
[15:55] | – You mean from law school? – Yes. | -你是指法学院的那个吗 -是的 |
[15:57] | I haven’t seen her in five years, Dad. | 爸爸 那是五年前的事了 |
[15:59] | It was a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Agos. | 艾格斯先生 很高兴见到你 |
[16:00] | Cary is quite the lawyer. | 凯里是个好律师 |
[16:02] | So, who are you here to see? | 那么 你来这里见谁 |
[16:05] | Commissioner Bix today. | 今天是见比克斯委员 |
[16:07] | Martinez tomorrow. | 明天见马丁内斯委员 |
[16:09] | Ah. You want me to put in a good word for you? | 需要我为你美言几句吗 |
[16:12] | Had lunch with them both. | 和他们吃过午饭 |
[16:13] | No, we’re fine. | 不用了 我们可以的 |
[16:20] | How long you been doing this? | 你做这个多久了 |
[16:23] | Watching Maddie’s house? | 监视玛蒂家吗 |
[16:25] | No. This. The business. | 不是 做这种工作 |
[16:28] | A while. | 一阵子了 |
[16:30] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[16:33] | That her? | 那是她吗 |
[16:35] | The aide? | 那个助手吗 |
[16:36] | No. | 不是 |
[16:38] | Who is it? | 那是谁 |
[16:43] | Indira Starr. | 尹迪拉·斯塔 |
[16:44] | She’s meeting with Maddie Hayward? | 她与玛蒂·海沃德来往? |
[16:46] | That explains who’s behind the birthmark rumor. | 这就找到了胎记谣言的始作俑者 |
[16:51] | First of all, no 9-11 jokes, | 第一 不说关于911的玩笑 |
[16:53] | are we agreed? | 同意吗 |
[16:55] | Oh, no. | 不妙 |
[16:57] | I thought the commissioner was just meeting with us. | 我以为委员只约见我们 |
[17:00] | What? | 怎么说 |
[17:01] | Punch Sutton. | 潘奇·萨顿 |
[17:02] | The chair of Parents Against Indecency. | “家长抵制下流”组织的主席 |
[17:05] | Hello. | 你好 |
[17:07] | Oh, hi, Laura. How are you? | 劳拉 你怎么样 |
[17:08] | Good. Really good, I think. | 好 很好 我觉得 |
[17:10] | I just… I need your help. | 我只是需要你的帮助 |
[17:13] | Do you know Eddie Kolakowski at Armstrong, Hayes & LeGarde? | 你认识阿姆斯特朗律所的艾迪· 科拉科夫斯基吗 |
[17:16] | Uh, yes. I mean, by name. | 这个名字 我知道 |
[17:18] | Do you think you could call him and say nice things about me? | 你可以打电话给他 替我美言几句吗 |
[17:20] | Certainly. So, the interview went well? | 当然 面试进行得不错吧 |
[17:22] | I hate saying that and jinxing things, | 我不想败人品 |
[17:23] | but they said it’s between me and one other person. | 但他们说最后在我和另一个人之间二选一 |
[17:25] | That’s fantastic. | 太好了 |
[17:26] | In this economy? | 特别是在这样的经济形势下 |
[17:27] | I know. It’s really a cattle call out here. | 就是啊 应聘的人排长队呢 |
[17:29] | Well, I will call. | 我会打电话的 |
[17:31] | And congratulations. | 还有恭喜你 |
[17:32] | Don’t say that yet. | 先不要这样说 |
[17:33] | Take it back. | 你先收回 |
[17:34] | We have over 3,000 complaints, Commissioner, | 委员 我们收到了超过3000个投诉 |
[17:37] | all regarding this full frontal nudity. | 都是关于这次的正面裸露事件 |
[17:39] | Yes, but all those complaints were organized | 是的 但这些投诉 |
[17:42] | by Parents Against Indecency itself. | 都是由”家长抵制下流”自身组织的 |
[17:44] | We have children, just like you. | 和你一样 我们都有小孩 |
[17:47] | We’re worried about the vulgarization of our culture. | 我们对社会风气低俗化表示担忧 |
[17:51] | This isn’t about one swear word or a glimpse of a breast. | 这不是一句脏话或者胸部一瞥 |
[17:54] | This is about the floodgates… | 这是关于操控尺度闸门的问题 |
[17:55] | But the floodgates are open, sir. | 先生 这个闸门原本就敞开着 |
[17:58] | The screens have multiplied– | 媒体形式增加了 |
[17:59] | with iPads, iPods, the Internet… | iPad iPod 还有网络 |
[18:00] | Then you should be happy. | 那你应该感到高兴 |
[18:01] | There are many avenues for this type of content. | 有很多可以接触这类内容的渠道 |
[18:04] | But why is it wrong to insist on one place where parents | 但家长们坚守这一处纯洁阵地 |
[18:07] | don’t always have to be on the defensive? | 又错在哪里呢 |
[18:09] | – Don’t. – But you allowed exactly | -别出声 -但是你允许 |
[18:11] | this kind of nudity and profanity on network TV, Commissioner. | 这种裸露和不当言语出现在电视网上 委员 |
[18:14] | – I did not. – Schindler’s List | -我没有 -辛德勒名单 |
[18:15] | had full frontal nudity | 有正面全裸的画面 |
[18:17] | and was shown, without FCC objection, | 而联邦通信委员会却没有反对 |
[18:19] | at 9:00 p.M. | 其在九点档播放 |
[18:20] | Do you really want to suggest Ms. Dodd’s little striptease | 你真想把多德女士的小小脱衣舞 |
[18:23] | had the same merit as Schindler’s List? | 跟辛德勒名单相提并论吗 |
[18:25] | If you were a woman with breast cancer, it does. | 对于乳腺癌患者来说 同样意义重大 |
[18:28] | It is our argument that the Spielberg exception is unfair restraint. | 我们认为给斯皮尔伯格的特例属于不合理限制 |
[18:32] | You can’t make an allowance for one filmmaker and not another. | 你不能对影视人员予以区别对待 |
[18:34] | They don’t make it for a filmmaker, | 这不是给予个人的特例 |
[18:35] | they make it for a filmmaker’s work. | 而是给予其作品的特例 |
[18:37] | Ms. Dodd, what are your thoughts? | 多德女士 你怎么认为的 |
[18:39] | Oh. Well… | 这个嘛 |
[18:41] | I don’t think I’m any less decent than Spielberg. | 我不觉得斯皮尔伯格比我体面多少 |
[18:44] | I mean, have you seen him eat? | 你是没见过他那个吃相 |
[18:46] | Maybe it would help if you explain to | 也许向比克斯委员说明一下 |
[18:50] | Commissioner Bix your reasons for your breast exam. | 你进行胸部自检的理由会更好 |
[18:54] | Yeah. Well, uh, my mom died. | 哦好 我妈妈死了 |
[18:58] | She was funny. | 她很搞笑 |
[18:59] | And, uh, she got breast cancer. | 她死于乳腺癌 |
[19:05] | I remember the day she died. | 我还记得她死的那天 |
[19:09] | I think she had gas or something | 她好像放屁了 |
[19:13] | because she just let out the most massive… | 因为 她放了一个史上最震耳欲聋的 |
[19:19] | …passing of gas. | 大响屁 |
[19:20] | And, uh, she kept cracking jokes about it. | 而且她还一直拿这事开玩笑 |
[19:24] | Uh, and I just thought, wow. | 我当时很惊讶 |
[19:27] | You know, I couldn’t believe it. | 简直不敢相信 |
[19:29] | So close to death and still making jokes. | 死到临头还在开玩笑 |
[19:36] | I just can’t do it. | 我就是做不到 |
[19:39] | I know what you want– me holding her hand | 我知道你想让我握着她的手 |
[19:42] | and staring into her deep, sad eyes– | 深深地望进她忧伤深邃的眼眸 |
[19:45] | but… anything else. | 但 我真不行 |
[19:48] | I’ll kitsch up anything you want, but just not this. | 你要什么段子我都能编 但就这个不行 |
[19:53] | Then get ready to pay $2 million. | 那就准备赔偿200万美元吧 |
[19:54] | No. Gill is still with us, so I think we’re tied. | 不 吉尔仍支持我们 现在是平局 |
[19:58] | We’re not sure about Bix. | 比克斯我们拿不准 |
[20:00] | It all comes down to tomorrow– Commissioner Martinez. | 一切只看明天 马丁内斯委员 |
[20:02] | Okay, good. Keep us in touch. | 好的 保持联系 |
[20:04] | Oh, and one other thing. | 对了 还有一件事 |
[20:06] | This might not be anything, but… | 可能没什么意义 但… |
[20:08] | Burl’s been asking about our firm. | 伯尔一直问我律所的情况 |
[20:10] | He… What do you mean? | 他…什么意思 |
[20:12] | He asked about Chapter 11, how it’s going. | 他问我申请破产保护进行得如何 |
[20:16] | What did you say? | 你怎么说 |
[20:17] | I said we were doing well. | 我说进行得不错 |
[20:19] | That we had our major clients. | 还说我们大客户都没流失 |
[20:24] | Was that the wrong thing to say? | 是不是说错什么了 |
[20:25] | I don’t know. Was there anything else? | 不一定 还说什么了 |
[20:27] | He asked about family law, how it was doing. | 他还问家庭法律部情况怎么样 |
[20:29] | Uh, one second, Alicia. | 稍等一下 艾丽西娅 |
[20:33] | He’s after us. | 他瞄准我们了 |
[20:34] | That’s what the meeting with Clarke was yesterday. | 他昨天跟克拉克谈的应该就是这个 |
[20:39] | Alicia, if you get a chance, | 艾丽西娅 有机会的话 |
[20:41] | tell him we lost our top client, Edelstein. | 跟他说我们失去了首要客户 艾德斯坦 |
[20:43] | You want me to emphasize we’re not doing well? | 你想让我强调说我们情况不景气吗 |
[20:46] | Yes, please. | 对 就这么做 |
[20:47] | Um, we’ll call again. | 稍后打给你 |
[20:53] | Our trustee is looking for a buyer. | 咱们的监管人在找买家了 |
[20:55] | Preston is mostly about divorce. | 普莱斯顿主要接离婚案件 |
[20:57] | – That’s why family law. – What do we do? | -所以才问起家庭法律部 -我们怎么做 |
[20:59] | – We could fight in court. – The judge will side with Clarke. | -可以在庭上争 -法官一定会向着克拉克 |
[21:02] | We need $60 million to get out from under him. | 要想摆脱他的掌控需要6000万美元 |
[21:05] | We’re at $12 million. | 而我们只有1200万美元 |
[21:14] | No, she was great. | 不 她表现很好 |
[21:15] | Just out of the military, right? | 刚从军队出来 是吧 |
[21:16] | Right. I just wanted to offer a reference, | 对 我只是就她的能力 |
[21:18] | tell you how great she is. | 给予个人推荐 |
[21:19] | Yeah, she seemed great. | 是啊 她看着确实不错 |
[21:21] | So, are you looking for litigators with trial experience? | 所以你要招有出庭经验的诉讼律师吗 |
[21:24] | Well, actually, between us, we’re not looking for anyone. | 其实吧 说实话 我们没想招人 |
[21:28] | You’re not? | 没想招人 |
[21:29] | Sh-She seemed to think there was a job there. | 她好像以为有工作机会 |
[21:32] | Well, we like to keep our hand in. | 其实我们只是了解下情况 |
[21:34] | Meet and interview, see who’s out there. | 做几个面试 看看人才市场 |
[21:35] | Same as you guys. | 跟你们一样 |
[21:37] | So, are you going to tell her there’s no job? | 那你要告诉她这件事吗 |
[21:41] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[21:42] | Well, she thinks it’s between her and someone else. | 她还以为自己会有二分之一的机会 |
[21:46] | Oh. Could you hold for a moment, please? | 有个电话 麻烦你稍微等一下 好吗 |
[21:49] | Hello. | 你好 |
[21:50] | Hello. Is Cary there? | 你好 凯里在吗 |
[21:52] | Cary…? Oh. No. Mr. Agos? | 凯里 不在 你是艾格斯先生吗 |
[21:55] | Uh, this is Alicia Florrick. | 我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[21:57] | I’m in 206. | 我在206房 |
[21:58] | He’s next door in 207. | 他的房间是隔壁207 |
[21:59] | Ah. Well, my apologies. | 抱歉 我打错了 |
[22:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:03] | Mr. Kolakowski? I’m… | 科拉科夫斯基先生 我 |
[22:05] | Hello? | 您还在吗 |
[22:07] | Hello… | 喂 |
[22:27] | No, I just… I hadn’t seen him in years. He’s… | 不 只是我几年没见他了 他… |
[22:30] | We’re not very close. | 我们不是特别亲近 |
[22:32] | He’s a lobbist? | 他是位说客 |
[22:34] | Yeah. Yeah, so is my mom. | 对 我母亲也是 |
[22:37] | My new mom. | 我继母 |
[22:39] | You should have breakfast with him. | 你应该跟他去吃早餐 |
[22:42] | Why? | 为什么 |
[22:43] | Because he asked you. | 因为他邀请你了 |
[22:45] | I said we were busy. Maybe another time. | 我说我们很忙 下次吧 |
[22:46] | Cary, we’re not busy. | 凯里 我们不忙 |
[22:48] | He’s… probably trying to make amends. | 他可能想跟你改善下关系 |
[22:51] | Call him back. | 回个电话吧 |
[22:52] | Why? | 为什么 |
[22:53] | Because you only get so much family in life. | 因为人一辈子家人是唯一的 |
[22:58] | This seems to matter more to me than it does to you. | 怎么这事我比你还在意啊 |
[23:00] | Wait, no… | 等等 说错 |
[23:02] | – more to you… – No, I just… | -你比我还在意 -不 我只是 |
[23:04] | It was nice to see you with family. | 希望看到你跟家人一起 |
[23:06] | My dad kicked me out the door when I was 18. | 我18岁的时候我爸就把我赶出家门了 |
[23:09] | ‘Cause his dad kicked him out the door when he was 18. | 因为他18岁的时候也被他爸赶出了家门 |
[23:11] | He never gave me a cent. | 从此一分钱都没给过我 |
[23:12] | Never wanted to know what I was doing. | 从不关心我在做什么 |
[23:14] | When I got the deputyship at the state’s attorney’s office, | 我当上州检办副检察官时 |
[23:16] | he never said a thing. | 他一个字都没说 |
[23:17] | That’s probably why he’s calling now. | 因此他现在才给你打电话 |
[23:20] | To try to make up for it. | 想要弥补 |
[23:21] | People change on you. | 人们看待你的方式是会变的 |
[23:24] | You changed on me. | 是你看待我的方式变了 |
[23:25] | Me? | 我? |
[23:26] | – No. – Oh, you don’t notice it? | -没有 -你没注意到吗 |
[23:29] | You’re tougher now. | 你现在更强大了 |
[23:31] | You’re smarter about things. | 对事情的感知也更聪敏了 |
[23:34] | Is that good or bad? | 这是好事还是坏事 |
[23:35] | Probably neither– just necessary. | 或许都不是 只是必须 |
[23:37] | And you. | 还有你 |
[23:39] | You’re nothing like four years ago. | 你跟四年前也截然不同了 |
[23:42] | I thought you were a jerk. | 那时我觉得你是个混蛋 |
[23:49] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[23:50] | I forgot. | 都忘了 |
[23:52] | I think she’s on Bill Maher tonight. | 她今晚应该上比尔·马赫秀的 |
[23:54] | – Who? – Therese. | -谁 -特蕾泽 |
[23:56] | You two seemed to be hitting it off. | 看起来你俩很合得来嘛 |
[23:58] | All that… breast humor, I guess. | 所有这些 拿乳房开的玩笑 |
[24:01] | Well, that sounds like pure pleasure. | 听起来是完全跟玩似的 |
[24:02] | Yep. Going from office to office, | 对 从这个办公室到那个办公室 |
[24:05] | arguing with the FCC. | 向联邦通信委员会力争 |
[24:06] | I personally stripped for each and every one of them. | 我在他们每个人面前都脱光光了 |
[24:12] | And how did that go over? | 过程是怎么样的 |
[24:13] | Well, Commissioner Gill took pictures, | 吉尔委员拍了照 |
[24:16] | but he said it was for educational purposes. | 但他说是用于教育 |
[24:18] | – No. No, don’t. – And Commissioner Bix… | -不 不 别 -比克斯委员 |
[24:21] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[24:22] | She slipped me her number, but, | 她塞给我她的电话 但是 |
[24:23] | you know, that can mean anything. | 那可能有各种涵义 |
[24:27] | And did you settle anything? | 你们达成什么协议了吗 |
[24:29] | Yes, we did. | 是的 |
[24:30] | No more censorship. | 不许再有审查制度 |
[24:31] | Anywhere. Ever. | 不限地点 时间 |
[24:33] | These breasts can do anything when they set their minds to it. | 这胸脯想干什么就能干什么 |
[24:50] | I read about your old boss. | 我读过你前任老板的介绍 |
[24:52] | Florrick. | 福瑞克 |
[24:53] | He’s got a tricky race going on up there. | 他的竞选之路荆棘重重啊 |
[24:55] | – You like him? – I do. He’s a good guy. | -你喜欢他吗 -喜欢 他是个好人 |
[24:58] | Not easy being a good guy in that town. | 在这城里想做个好人可不容易 |
[25:00] | Your mother sent me something you wrote. | 你母亲寄给我些你写的东西 |
[25:03] | About… plea bargains. | 关于 辩诉交易 |
[25:04] | Negotiation techniques. | 谈判技巧 |
[25:07] | With a human face. | 要注重人情味 |
[25:08] | Right. It was smart. | 对 很有才华 |
[25:09] | I didn’t understand all of it, | 我没有完全看懂 |
[25:10] | but what I understood was… | 但我能看到 |
[25:12] | smart. | 你的才华 |
[25:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:22] | Cary. | 凯里 |
[25:25] | How are you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[25:27] | I’m good. | 挺好 |
[25:28] | You? | 你呢 |
[25:29] | I’m good, I guess. | 我想我也挺好 |
[25:31] | I don’t know how long any of us have, | 我不知道我们还有多长时间 |
[25:34] | but I’m good. | 但我很好 |
[25:35] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[25:36] | Nothing. I just… | 没什么意思 只是 |
[25:39] | I want to say something before it’s too late. | 趁一切太迟之前我想告诉你一些事情 |
[25:44] | I’m proud of you. | 我以你为傲 |
[25:46] | And I’m sorry. | 还有 对不起 |
[25:48] | I’m sorry that… | 对不起 |
[25:50] | we haven’t been in touch. | 我们都没有联系 |
[25:55] | What do you mean, “too late”? | 你说”太迟”是什么意思 |
[25:56] | Nothing. I’m just talking. I… | 没什么意思 我只是说说 我 |
[25:59] | I think that we should… | 我觉得我们应该 |
[26:01] | talk at some point. | 时不时聊聊 |
[26:02] | Dad, what is going on? | 老爸 怎么回事 |
[26:04] | I’m so sorry to interrupt, Cary. Mr. Agos. | 真抱歉打断你们 凯里 艾格斯先生 |
[26:08] | – What’s wrong? – Uh, we have a problem. | -什么事 -我们有麻烦了 |
[26:10] | Commissioner Martinez canceled. | 马丁内斯委员取消了会面 |
[26:11] | He canceled? | 他取消了? |
[26:12] | Till when? | 改到什么时候 |
[26:13] | No time. | 没有安排 |
[26:14] | Damn it. | 我靠 |
[26:15] | Will and Diane would like us to come back. | 威尔和戴安希望我们回去 |
[26:18] | It’s the Bill Maher thing. | 是因为她在比尔·马赫秀说的话 |
[26:19] | That’s what we’re thinking. | 我们也是这么想的 |
[26:21] | So sorry, Mr. Agos. | 抱歉 艾格斯先生 |
[26:24] | Well, you should, uh, go and… | 你走吧 |
[26:26] | we’ll talk soon. | 我们再谈 |
[26:32] | Dad, call me. | 老爸 打给我 |
[26:33] | Don’t worry. I will. | 别担心 我会的 |
[26:37] | So Maddie Hayward is not the campaign innocent she pretends to be. | 玛蒂·海沃德的参选是早有预谋 |
[26:41] | We spoke to the neighborhood watch, | 我们跟邻里联防队谈过了 |
[26:42] | and they said they’ve seen Indira Starr’s car there | 他们说看到尹迪拉·斯塔的车 |
[26:44] | for the last month. | 上个月经常停在那 |
[26:46] | Before she went to Synth Magazine? | 在她去合成杂志社之前吗 |
[26:48] | So Maddie’s been playing us? | 所以玛蒂一直在耍我们吗 |
[26:49] | That would make sense. | 这就说得通了 |
[26:50] | Okay. Things have just gotten ugly. | 很好 那就别怪我不顾颜面了 |
[26:52] | Jim, get me everything you can on Maddie. Kalinda… | 吉姆 尽全力搜罗玛蒂所有资料 凯琳达 |
[26:54] | – No, thanks. – Wait, where you going? | -不用 谢谢 -等等 你要去哪 |
[26:56] | I have a job, Eli. Look, you knew this was temporary. | 我有工作 伊莱 你知道这是暂时的 |
[26:58] | What are you doing? | 你这是在干什么 |
[26:59] | This is for Alicia | 这是为了艾丽西娅 |
[27:00] | as much as for Peter. | 也是为了彼得 |
[27:02] | Nice try, but no. | 说得好 但我不干 |
[27:13] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[27:16] | You’re selling us to Preston. | 你要把我们卖给普雷斯顿 |
[27:19] | I’m… | 我是 |
[27:22] | considering your options. | 在衡量你们的选择 |
[27:24] | Your options. | 是你的选择 |
[27:26] | We don’t have any options. | 我们根本没有选择 |
[27:27] | You had six years of options. | 你们这六年来错过无数机会 |
[27:28] | So y-you’re punishing us? | 那你这是在惩罚我们吗 |
[27:30] | I’m trying to keep you from liquidation. | 我是在帮你免于破产清算 |
[27:31] | By destroying us? | 所以要毁了我们吗 |
[27:32] | By selling us off in pieces? | 所以要把我们打散卖了吗 |
[27:34] | No. By doing what I do: | 不 我所做的是 |
[27:35] | by looking where the money is and where it isn’t. | 哪里有钱去哪里 |
[27:38] | This is not a subtle business, Ms. Lockhart. | 这不是拿来耍心眼的事 洛克哈特女士 |
[27:40] | There is either money in the wallet or there isn’t. | 兜里有钱没钱是个现实的问题 |
[27:42] | And when there isn’t, wishing there is won’t make it so. | 没钱的时候 光说不练没有用 |
[27:55] | How was D.C.? | 华盛顿之行怎么样 |
[27:57] | Good. | 很好 |
[27:58] | Actually… | 其实 |
[28:00] | it wasn’t good. | 并不好 |
[28:01] | Oh, sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[28:02] | It’s okay. It’s just work. | 没事 工作而已 |
[28:04] | How was interviewing? | 面试进行得怎么样了 |
[28:06] | Fine. Hey, thanks for calling Armstrong & Hayes. | 还好 谢谢你向阿姆斯特朗律所打招呼 |
[28:10] | How did that go? | 情况如何 |
[28:12] | I don’t think there’s a job there. | 我不认为那里会有工作 |
[28:15] | What did they say? | 他们说什么了 |
[28:17] | There’s no job there. | 他们不招人 |
[28:19] | But they said there was. | 但他们说了要招啊 |
[28:20] | Yes, they lied. | 没错 他们说了谎 |
[28:21] | Why would they do that? | 他们为什么要这么做 |
[28:22] | Because you’re pretty, | 因为你长得好看 |
[28:23] | and they didn’t want to say no to you. | 他们不想当面拒绝你 |
[28:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:30] | People aren’t mean– they’re just polite liars. | 他们并无恶意 只是礼貌地说了谎 |
[28:34] | You went back on the job market after how many years away? | 你间隔了几年回来找工作的 |
[28:37] | 13, but I’m not a fair comparison. | 13年 但我不是一个好的比较对象 |
[28:39] | The job market’s a lot harder now. | 现在求职市场的竞争激烈多了 |
[28:40] | How many interviews did you have before you got this? | 你找到现在的工作之前经历了几个面试 |
[28:42] | Five. But I knew someone. Here. | 五个 但我是因为在这认识人 |
[28:46] | Do you know anyone, Laura? | 你有认识的人吗 劳拉 |
[28:47] | Anyone who could help you? | 任何能帮到你的人 |
[28:48] | Any connections? | 任何关系 |
[28:50] | Probably? I don’t know, but… | 或许有 我也不清楚 但是… |
[28:53] | It’s just the way it is. People… | 世事就是如此 人… |
[28:54] | hire people they know. | 总是雇用他们所认识的人 |
[28:56] | It’s not wrong. | 这也说得过去 |
[28:58] | It just is. | 事情就是如此 |
[29:02] | So you need my help? | 就是说你们需要我帮忙 |
[29:04] | – We do. – It’s in your interest, David. | -是的 -也是为你着想 大卫 |
[29:06] | You hate Burl Preston as much as we do. | 你和我们一样讨厌伯尔·普雷斯顿 |
[29:08] | – He’s not so bad. – David. | -他也没那么坏 -大卫 |
[29:10] | Burl Preston is trying to buy this firm | 伯尔·普雷斯顿正在收购我们律所 |
[29:12] | in order to control you. | 你就得受他控制了 |
[29:14] | Do you want to be controlled? | 你想被控制吗 |
[29:16] | No. But I don’t want to be controlled by you either. | 不 但我也不想受你们控制 |
[29:19] | And if we promised you wouldn’t be? | 如果我们保证不干涉你呢 |
[29:21] | Well, I’d be open to discussing. | 那还有商量的余地 |
[29:24] | As long as my capital contribution was part of it. | 只要我的认购资本不缩水 |
[29:35] | Cary? | 凯里 |
[29:36] | Hi. I thought you were heading back. | 我以为你回去了 |
[29:38] | Uh… I-I was. I-I am. | 我 我是 我到了 |
[29:40] | I’m in Chicago. | 到芝加哥了 |
[29:41] | Dad… | 爸… |
[29:44] | what were you trying to say at breakfast? | 早餐时你想说什么 |
[29:48] | Dad. | 爸 |
[29:50] | Whatever it is, I can handle it. | 无论是什么 我都挺得住 |
[29:52] | Look, it’s very… hard to talk about it, son. | 听着 这很…很难说出口 儿子 |
[29:56] | Your mother thinks that I should wait. | 你妈认为我应该再等等 |
[29:58] | Dad, I am here. | 爸 我就在这 |
[30:01] | And I’m listening. | 等着你说出来 |
[30:04] | All right. | 好吧 |
[30:07] | Do you know… | 你知道… |
[30:09] | Senator Byers of Illinois? | 伊利诺斯州的贝尔斯参议员吗 |
[30:13] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[30:14] | I have a chance to work as her press secretary, | 我有个做她新闻秘书的机会 |
[30:17] | but I need someone to put in a good word with her. | 但我需要有人在她面前帮我说些好话 |
[30:21] | Now, I know that her best friend is | 现在 我知道她最好的朋友 |
[30:23] | Diane Lockhart at your firm, | 是你律所的戴安·洛克哈特 |
[30:25] | and I was hoping that you might ask her | 我希望你可以请求她 |
[30:29] | to put in that… good word. | 帮我说些…好话 |
[30:33] | That’s what you wanted to talk about? | 这就是你想说的吗 |
[30:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:37] | And that’s it? | 没别的了吗 |
[30:38] | Yes, but… it’s a lot, son. | 是的 但…这不是小事 儿子 |
[30:40] | I know. | 我也知道 |
[30:42] | And it would be very helpful because… | 这会很有帮助因为… |
[30:45] | Senator Byers depends a lot on personal recommendations. | 贝尔斯参议员很看重私人推荐 |
[30:48] | And I could talk to Martinez for you, if… | 我也可以帮你向马丁内斯说好话 如果 |
[30:50] | that would be helpful. | 能帮到你的话 |
[30:53] | Dad, I got to go. They need me. | 爸 我得挂了 有人找我 |
[30:55] | So, you’ll… do it? | 那 你会…帮我吗 |
[30:56] | You’ll… ask Diane Lockhart? | 你会…跟戴安·洛克哈特说吗 |
[30:58] | I don’t know. Let me… let me think about it. | 我不知道 让我…让我想一想 |
[31:00] | Son, it would be very helpful. | 儿子 这会对我很有帮助 |
[31:02] | Well, I said I’d think about it. | 我说了我会考虑的 |
[31:08] | Come again? | 再说一遍 |
[31:09] | They are saying that I have a mark… | 他们说我有个胎记… |
[31:12] | on my penis shaped like Brazil. | 在我的阴茎上 形状像巴西地图 |
[31:19] | I… | 我… |
[31:26] | Yeah. | 不错 |
[31:27] | What does he want me to say? | 他想让我怎么说 |
[31:28] | Well, that’s a difficult one. | 这倒真是很难说 |
[31:31] | “No” would be the obvious answer. | 明显就是说”没有”啊 |
[31:32] | Right. But… | 不错 但是… |
[31:34] | maybe mixed with some outrage. | 或许带上点愤怒情绪 |
[31:37] | Yeah, I don’t do outrage well these days. | 我最近对愤怒不是很拿手 |
[31:39] | How about laughter? | 那大笑呢 |
[31:41] | Well… that would be easier. | 那…那倒是简单得多 |
[31:45] | Good. Thank you. | 好 谢谢你 |
[31:47] | That’s okay. | 别客气 |
[31:51] | Did you fill Cary’s position at the state’s attorney’s office? | 州检办凯里的职位你找人补上了吗 |
[31:53] | No, not yet. | 没有 还没 |
[31:54] | Why? | 干什么 |
[31:55] | Are you going to? | 你还准备找吗 |
[31:57] | Well, someday when I have time. | 等我有时间的时候 |
[32:00] | There’s someone… | 有个人… |
[32:01] | I think you should consider. | 我认为你可以考虑 |
[32:03] | An ex-military lawyer. | 她以前是军事律师 |
[32:05] | A captain. You’d like her. | 是个上尉 你会喜欢她的 |
[32:07] | Really? | 真的 |
[32:08] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[32:10] | Do you mind considering her? | 你介意考虑一下她吗 |
[32:11] | I don’t. | 不介意 |
[32:13] | Do you mind talking to the press? | 你介意跟媒体说话吗 |
[32:15] | Nope. | 不介意 |
[32:16] | Good. | 很好 |
[32:17] | It’s a deal. | 那就这样 |
[32:19] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[32:20] | You, too. | 也谢谢你 |
[32:22] | Bye. | 再见 |
[32:47] | Well, you two are cheerful. | 你俩看来心情不错嘛 |
[32:49] | We’ve been frozen out. | 我们被排挤了 |
[32:51] | The last FCC commissioner | 最后那位联邦通信委员会的委员 |
[32:52] | – doesn’t want to hear us. – It’s worse. | -不愿意听我们道歉 -比这更糟 |
[32:54] | I made a few calls, and Commissioner Martinez | 我打了几个电话 马丁内斯委员 |
[32:56] | is still meeting with Parents Against Indecency. | 仍然会和”家长抵制下流”组织见面 |
[33:00] | – Great. – He doesn’t want to meet with you guys, | -好极了 -他不想和你们见面 |
[33:02] | but he’s still meeting the opposition tomorrow at 6:00. | 但明天六点他仍然会和对方见面 |
[33:07] | One thing we could try… | 还有个办法可以试试 |
[33:08] | Yes? | 什么 |
[33:10] | We go. | 我们过去 |
[33:11] | Go where? | 去哪 |
[33:12] | Martinez at 6:00. | 六点到马丁内斯那 |
[33:14] | We were disinvited. | 我们的会面被取消了 |
[33:16] | We never got the message. | 我们不知道被取消了 |
[33:17] | We know he wanted to hear | 我们只知道他愿意听我们和 |
[33:18] | from both Parents Against Indecency and us, | “家长抵制下流”组织双方的说辞 |
[33:21] | and we never got the disinvite. | 我们不知道会面被取消了 |
[33:23] | You crash it. | 硬闯 |
[33:32] | No, this is the new me. | 不 这是全新的我 |
[33:35] | Smell my perfume; it’s called Accommodation. | 闻我的香水 叫做调整 |
[33:38] | Oh, it’s nice. | 不错 |
[33:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[33:41] | I’ll catch up with you. | 你们先去 |
[33:42] | So you’re not going to call? | 你不打算打这个电话是吧 |
[33:45] | You’re going to ignore your own father? | 你要拒绝自己的父亲吗 |
[33:47] | Yep. | 是的 |
[33:47] | I only need one call to Diane Lockhart. | 我只需要你给戴安·洛克哈特打一个电话 |
[33:50] | And I only needed one call on my birthday, | 我只需要你在我生日时打一个电话 |
[33:52] | one call when I was out of work. | 在我丢了工作时打一个电话 |
[33:54] | Did you know I was the youngest deputy state’s attorney ever? | 你知道我是史上最年轻的州副检察官吗 |
[33:57] | – Did you know that? – We don’t do that, Cary. | -你知道吗 -我们之间不那样 凯里 |
[33:59] | Other families gush. | 别人家那是煽情 |
[34:01] | You know how I pay a compliment to you now? | 你知道我现在为什么称赞你吗 |
[34:04] | By needing something from you. | 表示我需要你的帮助 |
[34:06] | Dad. | 爸 |
[34:08] | No… no. | 不 不 |
[34:11] | A few years ago I’d jump at the chance to impress you, | 几年前我会抓住一切机会让你称赞我 |
[34:14] | but it’s over. | 但现在不会了 |
[34:17] | I won’t be calling you again. | 我不会再给你打电话了 |
[34:22] | My loss. | 我的损失 |
[34:26] | I’m so sorry, I didn’t get the message. Cary? | 太对不起了 我没收到信息 凯里呢 |
[34:29] | My gosh, no, I didn’t either. | 天啊 我也没有 |
[34:30] | Y-You were canceling? | 您取消这次会面了吗 |
[34:32] | Yes, just a scheduling logjam. | 是 行程表有些冲突 |
[34:35] | Well, now that we’re all here… | 既然我们都到了 |
[34:38] | …it seems only fair. | 那不如… |
[34:40] | All I wanted to do | 我想做的 |
[34:42] | was to make women aware of breast cancer. | 不过是希望女性关注乳腺癌 |
[34:45] | And disrobing was making them aware? | 脱光衣服能让她们关注吗 |
[34:47] | Would I do it that way again? No, | 我还会这么做吗 不会 |
[34:49] | but women needed to see something memorable, | 但女性们应该看些印象深刻的东西 |
[34:53] | something to provoke them. | 能刺激她们的东西 |
[34:54] | I’m impressed, Ms. Dodd. | 我很感动 多德女士 |
[34:56] | Thank you, Commissioner. | 谢谢 委员先生 |
[34:57] | But what I have trouble reconciling | 但我很难把这位 |
[34:58] | is this new Therese with the Therese | 新特蕾泽和讲这个笑话的特蕾泽 |
[35:01] | that told this joke: | 当成一个人 |
[35:03] | “Rape is never funny. | 强奸毫不可笑 |
[35:05] | Unless you’re raped by a clown.” | 除非你被小丑强奸了 |
[35:09] | How is this funny, Ms. Dodd? | 这怎么好笑了 多德女士 |
[35:11] | – Sir, that wasn’t part of the original act. – I understand that, | -这不是在这次事件中发生的 -我明白 |
[35:14] | but I find myself confused by Ms. Dodd’s sense of humor. | 我只是觉得自己很难理解多德女士的幽默 |
[35:17] | Do you know that every 45 seconds, | 你知道每45秒 |
[35:19] | there is another sexual assault in America? | 就有一起性侵案在美国发生吗 |
[35:21] | So I’m not sure how rape is funny. | 所以我不太理解强奸怎么会好笑 |
[35:26] | The joke isn’t about rape, sir. | 这不是关于强奸的笑话 先生 |
[35:27] | It’s about a ridiculous juxtaposition. | 只是一种滑稽的并列 |
[35:28] | But it makes light of rape, doesn’t it? | 但它表示出了对强奸的不在乎 不是吗 |
[35:30] | Shall I read it again? | 用我再读一遍吗 |
[35:32] | I think, sir, you’re trying to make a point | 我认为 您在设法 |
[35:33] | by putting Ms. Dodd on the spot. | 让多德女士承担责任 |
[35:34] | -Sir, we didn’t come… -You’re right. | -我们不是来 -您说得对 |
[35:36] | It’s not funny, Commissioner. | 这不可笑 委员先生 |
[35:38] | – Therese. – What? | -特蕾泽 -怎么了 |
[35:39] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[35:41] | Rape is never funny, | 强奸毫不可笑 |
[35:44] | and the association of clowns and rape is just offensive, | 把小丑和强奸摆在一起非常无礼 |
[35:48] | and I feel terrible that I wrote it. | 我很抱歉写了这样的内容 |
[35:51] | Thank you, ma’am, | 谢谢 |
[35:52] | but then I find myself asking, | 但我还是想问 |
[35:54] | why do you tell these jokes? | 那你为什么还要讲这些笑话 |
[35:58] | Because I have a potty mouth. | 因为我嘴欠 |
[36:02] | – Are you making fun of me, Ms. Dodd? – No. | -你在跟我开玩笑吗 多德女士 -不是 |
[36:06] | Never… | 我绝不会 |
[36:06] | Because that’s why we have standards– | 这就是为什么我们制定标准 |
[36:08] | to protect the viewers from indecency like this. | 不让观众看到这类污言秽语 |
[36:10] | Well, if the question is about protecting viewers, | 如果问题的关键是保护观众 |
[36:12] | they voted with their remotes. | 他们可以用遥控器做出选择 |
[36:15] | There are more viewers watching the show than ever. | 现在该节目的观众前所未有的多 |
[36:18] | Okay, so I must ask you, Ms. Dodd, | 好 那我必须问你 多德女士 |
[36:21] | will you sign a pledge that you will never do | 你愿意签署一份协议保证你永不会 |
[36:23] | anything like this on TV again? | 再在电视上做出此类举动吗 |
[36:29] | Ms. Dodd? | 多德女士 |
[36:48] | I think that’s a yes. | 我想她同意了 |
[36:51] | I was in the JAG Corps for 12 years | 我在军法署干了12年 |
[36:54] | and before that, I attended SLS. | 在这之前我上的SLS |
[36:57] | SlS Sls? | |
[36:58] | S-Stanford Law. | 斯坦福法学院 |
[36:59] | Oh, I thought that was military jargon. | 我还以为是军队术语 |
[37:02] | No. | 不是 |
[37:05] | I grew up in California– Huntington Beach. | 我在加州长大 杭廷顿海滩 |
[37:08] | Was your dad in the military? | 你父亲是军队的吗 |
[37:10] | No, a professor of neurobiology at Irvine. | 不是 他是欧文市的神经生物学教授 |
[37:14] | Brothers? | 有兄弟吗 |
[37:15] | No, two sisters, though. | 没有 但有两个姐姐 |
[37:17] | Why did you enlist, then? | 那你为什么参军 |
[37:19] | I don’t know. They needed lawyers. | 我不知道 他们需要律师 |
[37:23] | Well, we’re not really short-staffed at the moment, | 我们现在并不缺人手 |
[37:24] | but we’re always looking, | 但我们总会留意人才 |
[37:26] | so we’ll keep this resume on file. | 我会把你的简历留下来 |
[37:28] | Have you tried the public defenders’ office? | 你去过公设辩护人办公室吗 |
[37:29] | They’re always in need of… | 他们总是需要… |
[37:32] | Mr. Florrick, hello. | 福瑞克先生 您好 |
[37:33] | Hi, Geneva. | 你好 吉妮瓦 |
[37:35] | And you must be captain Hellinger. | 你一定是海灵格上尉 |
[37:37] | Oh, yes, sir. | 是的 |
[37:39] | Wonderful to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[37:40] | You’re looking for a job, huh? | 你在找工作吗 |
[37:42] | I am, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[37:44] | And you know how little we pay? | 你知道我们给的很少吗 |
[37:45] | I’ve heard rumors. | 有所耳闻 |
[37:47] | You could live on that? | 你能接受吗 |
[37:48] | I tend to be frugal. | 我很节俭的 |
[37:49] | Well, that’s good. | 很好 |
[37:51] | When can you begin? | 你什么时候可以开始 |
[37:52] | Now, I mean, if you want. | 现在就行 如果您需要的话 |
[37:55] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[37:57] | Here’s your first case: | 这是你的第一个案件 |
[37:58] | breaking and entering. | 非法侵入他人住宅 |
[38:00] | Geneva will set you up with a cubicle. Welcome aboard. | 吉妮瓦会替你准备办公间 欢迎你加入 |
[38:02] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[38:10] | Um, thank you for your help. | 谢谢你帮忙 |
[38:19] | Your Honor, there is still the question of damages. | 法官阁下 是否造成损失仍待商榷 |
[38:21] | No, there is the question of | 不 这里的问题是 |
[38:22] | whether your negotiations have borne fruit. | 你们的协商是否奏效 |
[38:24] | We made an effort to reach such a settlement, Your Honor, | 我们努力达成一致 法官阁下 |
[38:26] | but the results depend on something yet to be decided. | 但结果取决于一些尚未确定的因素 |
[38:29] | Mr. Preston is being coy. | 普莱斯顿先生太含蓄了 |
[38:31] | We agreed to argue in front of the FCC on the network’s behalf, | 我们同意代表广播台向联邦通信委员会争取 |
[38:35] | and if the FCC decided favorably, | 如果联邦通信委员会决定不罚他们的款 |
[38:36] | this lawsuit would go away. | 便撤销这起诉讼 |
[38:37] | I see. And the FCC hasn’t decided? | 我明白了 联邦通信委员会尚未作出决定吗 |
[38:40] | Not yet, but we believe this suit should be dismissed | 尚未 但我们相信这起诉讼 |
[38:42] | on the basis of an absence of damages. | 也应因不存在损失而予以驳回 |
[38:43] | Damages have already been established, Your Honor– | 损失已经造成了 法官阁下 |
[38:46] | the many affiliates dropping our show. | 许多联播电台都撤下了我们的节目 |
[38:47] | Yes, but Mr. Preston recently argued in front of the FCC | 对 但普莱斯顿先生在联邦通信委员会面前 |
[38:51] | that there has been a corresponding rise in viewership– | 曾主张近来收视率有相应上升 |
[38:53] | a rise large enough to more than offset the affiliate loss. | 足以弥补节目被撤的损失 |
[38:58] | That was an argument in another venue. | 那些话是在另外一个场合说的 |
[39:00] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[39:01] | this suit is an attempt to punish Therese, that’s all. | 这起诉讼的目的是惩罚特蕾泽 |
[39:05] | There are no actual damages here, | 其中并没有实质性损失 |
[39:07] | and this suit should be dismissed. | 这起诉讼应该被驳回 |
[39:14] | – Would you care for some water? – No. | -你想喝点水吗 -不用了 |
[39:18] | My firm will absorb the debt of Lockhart/Gardner | 我的公司会承担洛&加律所的债务 |
[39:21] | and pay out existing capital contributions | 清偿现有权益合伙人的 |
[39:24] | of existing equity partners, | 现有认购资本 |
[39:25] | but all severance packages will be the responsibility | 但所有离职金将由 |
[39:29] | of the existing partners. | 现有合伙人承担 |
[39:31] | Yes, and you agree to honor the contracts of existing partners. | 好 而你也同意继续履行现有合伙人的合同 |
[39:35] | Only up to a year of the purchase date. | 最多到收购期后一年 |
[39:36] | That’s fine. | 很好 |
[39:38] | The, the current lease will be subject to… | 目前的租期将会到… |
[39:40] | Hello, Burl. | 你好 伯尔 |
[39:44] | David… what can we do for you? | 大卫 我们能帮你什么忙吗 |
[39:47] | Oh, I’m just watching. | 我就是旁观 |
[39:49] | Continue. | 继续 |
[39:50] | Mr. Lee, this is a private matter. | 李先生 这是私事 |
[39:52] | It’s far from private. | 很难说得上私事吧 |
[39:53] | I’m just waiting for my emancipation. | 我等着拿我的退伙金 |
[39:56] | Go ahead. | 继续 |
[39:58] | Your emancipation? | 你的退伙金 |
[39:59] | Yes. This firm has a stranglehold on me, | 是啊 这就是律所对我的束缚 |
[40:02] | but as soon as you purchase it, I’m free. | 不过只要你买下它 我就自由了 |
[40:05] | – Hallelujah. – You’re not free. | -哈里路亚 -你没有自由 |
[40:06] | You’re committed to Lockhart/Gardner. | 你还受雇于洛克哈特&加德纳 |
[40:07] | No, the partners just rewrote my contract. | 不 合伙人刚改写了我的合同 |
[40:10] | If this firm is sold | 如果公司被出售 |
[40:12] | or absorbed, I am free to leave. | 或被吞并 我绝对有自由离开 |
[40:14] | They can’t do that. | 他们不能这么做 |
[40:15] | Yes, they can. | 他们可以 |
[40:17] | You can veto their hiring decisions. | 你可以否决他们的雇员决定 |
[40:19] | You can’t veto a nonfinancial side agreement | 但不能否决合伙合同中 |
[40:22] | in a partnership contract. | 无关财务的附件 |
[40:26] | The firm is still in fine shape. | 这不影响律所的运营状况 |
[40:29] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢你 |
[40:31] | Good luck with this place. | 祝这律所好运 |
[40:33] | Unfortunately | 很不幸 |
[40:35] | they enjoy intrigue more than they do making money. | 比起赚钱这儿的人更喜欢玩弄计谋 |
[40:50] | You told your husband to hire me? | 你让你丈夫雇我吗 |
[40:52] | – No. – He hired me. | -没有 -他雇了我 |
[40:56] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[40:57] | You didn’t say anything to him? | 你什么都没跟他说吗 |
[40:58] | Well, I said you were a good lawyer. | 我提过你是名优秀的律师 |
[41:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:04] | This is all new to me. | 这对我来说很新鲜 |
[41:06] | What, friends didn’t help friends in the military? | 在军队中朋友们不互相帮助吗 |
[41:07] | They did, but never me. | 帮 但没人帮过我 |
[41:09] | Well, baptism by fire. | 浴火重生 |
[41:19] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[41:20] | You’re cutting your own throats! | 你们在自寻死路 |
[41:22] | Do you know how hard it is to find a suitor like that?! | 知道要找到如此合适的买家有多难吗 |
[41:26] | Yes, that’s why we did it. | 知道 所以我们才出此下策 |
[41:29] | You’re losing this firm. | 你们要失去这家律所了 |
[41:31] | Is that a threat? | 这是威胁吗 |
[41:33] | Take it any way you want, but you are losing this firm. | 信不信由你 但你们保不住这家律所了 |
[41:36] | Mr. Hayden, you should take a step back. | 海登先生 你该退一步 |
[41:38] | You’ve obviously become too invested in our firm. | 你显然太投入我们律所的经营了 |
[41:42] | You don’t know me. | 你不了解我 |
[41:44] | I don’t step back. | 我不会后退的 |
[41:45] | We don’t either. | 我们也不会 |
[41:46] | Then get ready to crash. | 那就等着破产吧 |
[41:54] | So, I just heard the FCC isn’t going to fine the network. | 刚知道联邦通信委员会不罚广播台钱了 |
[41:57] | Yeah, yeah, you’re off the hook. | 是啊 你没事了 |
[41:59] | Good. | 很好 |
[42:01] | I have to head out to L.A., so I wanted to say thank you. | 我得出发去洛杉矶了 所以想来道个谢 |
[42:06] | Have a good trip. | 一路顺风 |
[42:08] | I will. | 会的 |
[42:10] | I’m not great with byes, so bye. | 我不擅长告别 所以 再见啦 |
[42:20] | What’d she say? | 她说了什么 |
[42:22] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[42:24] | That’s it? | 就这样 |
[42:25] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[42:26] | She didn’t say anything else? | 她没说点别的 |
[42:28] | No, why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[42:29] | Well, why did she kiss you yesterday? | 她昨天为什么吻你 |
[42:32] | She’s a comedian. | 她是个喜剧演员 |
[42:35] | I’ve spent the last week | 我上周和我的律师在一起 |
[42:36] | with my lawyer, trying desperately not to say anything | 使出吃奶力气才没说任何有关 |
[42:40] | about Brazil and penises. | 巴西和阴茎的话 |
[42:43] | I suppose there are worse birthmarks to have. | 我猜或许还有更糟糕的胎记吧 |
[42:46] | Like Greece. | 比如希腊形状的 |
[42:47] | I mean, who wants a penis that’s always in recession? | 我是说 谁想要萎到不行的阴茎呢 |
[42:52] | My lawyer says, it really only looks like Brazil | 我的律师说 只有勃起的时候 |
[42:55] | when it’s erect. | 才像巴西 |
[42:56] | Otherwise it’s more like New Jersey. | 否则倒更像是新泽西州 |