时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | We should replace her. | 我们应该换了她 |
[00:04] | I can’t fire someone because they’re too pretty. | 我不能因为人家长得太漂亮就开除她 |
[00:06] | Then don’t. Promote her. Move her laterally. | 不开除也行 给她升职调到其他部门 |
[00:08] | I’m in. | 我加入 |
[00:09] | With Agos, Florrick. | 叫艾格斯&福瑞克律所? |
[00:11] | Florrick, Agos. | 福瑞克&艾格斯 |
[00:12] | Look, we can’t keep skulking around. | 我们不能一直这么偷偷摸摸的 |
[00:13] | We have to cut the cord at some point. | 早晚都得自立门户 |
[00:15] | People want to wait for bonuses. | 大家想分了红再走 |
[00:17] | An interview? | 采访 |
[00:18] | On what subject? | 什么主题 |
[00:19] | There will be questions about Will. | 采访应该会问到威尔的事 |
[00:20] | Peter really needs you to get the chief justice on your side. | 彼得很需要你得到首席法官的支持 |
[00:24] | So I trash Will, or I’m not nominated? | 要想被提名 我必须批评威尔? |
[00:48] | My life is taken up with client maintenance these days. | 最近我老是忙着维护客户关系 |
[00:51] | Why is everybody so unhappy? | 为什么每个人都这么不满呢 |
[00:57] | I gave an interview to the Law Advocate. | 我接受了《法律宣扬》的采访 |
[01:00] | Just now. | 刚结束 |
[01:02] | I talked about you. | 我谈到了你 |
[01:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:06] | They asked about your suspension. | 他们问到你暂停执业的事 |
[01:09] | No, I-I talked about your suspension. | 不 应该是我谈到了你暂停执业的事 |
[01:14] | What did you say? | 你说了什么 |
[01:15] | That we were lucky. | 我们很幸运 |
[01:17] | We thought you were going to be… disbarred. | 我们当时以为你要被取消律师资格 |
[01:25] | I talked about the money. | 我还提到了那笔钱 |
[01:28] | The $45,000 that you took. | 你拿走的那四万五美金 |
[01:31] | How we agreed that it was wrong. | 我们一致认为这是不对的 |
[01:39] | Why? | 为什么要这么说 |
[01:43] | The chief justice would only support my judgeship | 我只有清楚地这么说了 |
[01:46] | if I made a clear statement. | 首席法官才会支持我任职法官 |
[01:53] | You talked about the money? | 你还提到了那笔钱 |
[01:57] | I was sitting there and I realized… | 我刚坐在那儿 意识到… |
[02:00] | I… I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:02] | I was wrong. The interv… | 我错了 采… |
[02:18] | Ms. Lockhart? | 洛克哈特女士 |
[02:20] | Ms. Lockhart, Lisa asked me to give you a message. | 洛克哈特女士 丽莎让我转告你 |
[02:24] | Eli Gold called and wanted you to know: | 伊莱·戈德打电话说 |
[02:26] | Don’t worry about giving the interview. | 希望你别担心采访的事 |
[02:27] | He found another way. | 他有别的办法了 |
[02:39] | And you have said, Mr. Florrick, | 福瑞克先生 你曾表明 |
[02:41] | that your governorship will be the most ethical | 你的任职将会是伊利诺伊历届州长中 |
[02:44] | in the history of Illinois. | 最清廉的时期 |
[02:45] | I mean, that’s a bit of a low bar, isn’t it? | 我想说 这个标准是不是订得有点低了 |
[02:48] | Given that four of the last eight | 毕竟前八任伊利诺伊州长中 |
[02:49] | governors have been to prison? | 有四位进了监狱 |
[02:51] | Well, I’ve already been to prison myself, | 我自己也进过监狱 |
[02:52] | so I guess I’m pre-inoculated. | 所以我想我已经打过预防针了 |
[02:57] | That’s good. | 说得好 |
[02:58] | So why don’t we try one | 我们再来一张 |
[02:59] | with you two kissing arm in arm? | 你们俩拥吻的照片如何 |
[03:01] | Oh, no, that’s all right. | 不用了吧 这样就好了 |
[03:03] | – Just for variety. – No. | -多拍几张嘛 -不必了 |
[03:04] | – These are good. – Shall I bring in the children? | -这些就够了 -那我让孩子们进来了 |
[03:06] | Mrs. Florrick, can you address | 福瑞克女士 目前有传闻说 |
[03:08] | the rumors that you two are still living | 你俩还在分居两处 |
[03:10] | in separate apartments? | 你能就此谈谈吗 |
[03:10] | I can. My career is here in Chicago, | 没问题 我在芝加哥工作 |
[03:14] | and Peter’s is in Chicago and Springfield, | 彼得则在芝加哥和斯普林菲尔德之间来去 |
[03:16] | so we have residences in both. We use both. | 所以我们在两处都有房子 都可以住 |
[03:19] | So when you’re both in town, you stay together? | 那你们都在芝加哥的时候住一起吗 |
[03:20] | – Anne. – What? That is a fair question, Eli. | -安 -怎么了 这问题可不算刁难 伊莱 |
[03:23] | Yes, we do. | 是的 我们住一起 |
[03:24] | In fact, I understand that you’re taking a week off | 对了 我还知道你们要休假一礼拜 |
[03:27] | to go to Hawaii to renew your vows. | 去夏威夷重续结婚誓言 |
[03:29] | Okay, Anne, are those really the issues that we want | 好了 安 我们真的要 |
[03:33] | to be talking about? | 谈这些事吗 |
[03:34] | Well, there is concern that you are handpicking members | 还有人担忧你有意挑选了 |
[03:36] | of the ethics commission, | 道德委员会的成员 |
[03:38] | replacing good people with yes-men. | 用为首是瞻的家伙换掉了优秀的成员 |
[03:39] | Really? Concern? From whom? | 是吗 谁在担忧这一点 |
[03:41] | Well, you fired Marilyn Garbanza, | 你炒掉了玛丽莲·戈班扎 |
[03:43] | one of the most widely respected ethical watchdogs | 奎因州长任职期间备受敬重的 |
[03:46] | in the Quinn administration. | 一位道德监察人 |
[03:49] | Alicia Florrick. | 我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[03:50] | Alicia, it’s Kathy. | 艾丽西娅 我是凯西 |
[03:51] | I’m not calling for me. It’s for Tara. | 我找你不是为了我自己的事 是为泰拉 |
[03:53] | Oh, Kathy, hi. Is everything all right? | 你好 凯西 一切都还好吧 |
[03:54] | No. There’s been a complication. | 不太好 出现了并发症 |
[03:56] | We’re at Dr. Tuft’s office, and Tara’s headed over here now. | 我们在塔夫脱医生办公室 泰拉也正赶来 |
[04:00] | Can you come? I think she’ll need you. | 你能过来吗 我觉得她需要你 |
[04:02] | Sure. Are you okay? | 没问题 你还好吧 |
[04:05] | I’ll see you in a minute. | 我们一会儿见 |
[04:09] | Zach, where’s your sister? I have to head out. | 扎克 你妹妹呢 我得出去一趟 |
[04:11] | She’s right there. | 她就在那儿 |
[04:13] | Grace? | 格蕾丝 |
[04:15] | Mom, hey. | 妈妈 |
[04:17] | Oh, Grandma got it for me. | 这是外婆给我买的 |
[04:19] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[04:20] | It’s… Wow. | 这真是…哇塞 |
[04:22] | Is that a good wow? | 这算是赞美吗 |
[04:24] | It’s a “You don’t look like yourself” Wow. | 意思是你看起来都不像你了 |
[04:36] | Yes. | 怎么了 |
[04:37] | Mr. Gardner, this is Mandy Post. | 加德纳先生 我是曼蒂·珀斯特 |
[04:39] | I’m fact-checking an article | 我在为你的合伙人戴安·洛克哈德 |
[04:40] | I’m writing about your partner, Diane Lockhart. | 写一篇采访 想查证一些消息 |
[04:43] | And I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions. | 能问你几个问题吗 |
[04:46] | Sure. Go for it. | 行 问吧 |
[04:48] | Have you stolen any more money from clients since the $45,000 | 自从十年前你偷过四万五美金之后 |
[04:51] | you took ten years ago? | 你还从客户那儿挪用过钱吗 |
[04:53] | Actually, that’s another call, Ms. Post. | 珀斯特女士 我有个电话插进来 |
[04:55] | Can I call you back? | 我再打给你行吗 |
[04:56] | Certainly. | 没问题 |
[05:06] | Kalinda, I need you | 凯琳达 我需要你 |
[05:07] | to look into Diane’s work on her cases. | 调查一下戴安经手过的案子 |
[05:10] | What am I looking for? | 我要调查什么内容 |
[05:11] | Any lapses. Any complaints. | 任何过失 任何投诉 |
[05:13] | Anything she mishandled. | 任何她处理不当的地方 |
[05:15] | Why? What’s going on? | 为什么 发生什么了 |
[05:16] | Nothing. I just need it done. | 没事 你查就是了 |
[05:20] | Wait. | 等等 |
[05:26] | Diane hurt us with an interview. | 戴安接受的采访伤害到我们了 |
[05:28] | We need to ask her to step away from the firm. | 我们得让她离开律所了 |
[05:32] | And you need her lapses? | 所以你要了解她的过失 |
[05:33] | In case it grows contentious. | 以防有什么纠纷 |
[05:35] | Will, one thing I know, | 威尔 我只知道 |
[05:36] | you look into her lapses, it will grow contentious. | 如果你坚持要调查才会引起诉讼纠纷 |
[05:41] | I need it by tomorrow. | 明天把结果给我 |
[05:50] | Tara. Hmm? | 泰拉 |
[05:52] | Alicia, there you are. | 艾丽西娅 你在这儿 |
[05:54] | Is it another amnio? | 又要羊膜刺穿吗 |
[05:55] | ‘Cause I have class in, like, an hour. | 我大概过一小时要上课 |
[05:56] | Uh, no, I think there’s been some complications. | 不是 我觉得是有些并发症 |
[06:00] | Oh. Are Kathy and Brian here? | 凯西和布莱恩在这儿吗 |
[06:02] | Yes, they called me. | 在 他们打给我的 |
[06:03] | Red Vine? | 来点甘草糖 |
[06:04] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[06:06] | I wasn’t sure after the first amniocentesis, | 上次羊膜刺穿术后我还不太确定 |
[06:08] | that’s why I requested a second. | 所以就要求进行第二次 |
[06:11] | The screening detected an 85% likelihood | 有百分之八十五的可能性 |
[06:14] | of Patau syndrome. | 是13号三体综合症 |
[06:16] | It’s a chromosomal abnormality. | 是一种染色体异常 |
[06:19] | It’s very rare. | 非常少见 |
[06:19] | And I’m sorry, but very severe. | 很遗憾 这问题挺严重 |
[06:24] | What is it? | 什么意思 |
[06:25] | It’s a surfeit of chromosomes. | 就是多了一条染色体 |
[06:28] | Most babies with Patau survive only a few days after birth. | 大多数患病的宝宝出生没几天就死了 |
[06:32] | And some less than a year. | 还有一些顶多活一年 |
[06:34] | All have major developmental disabilities. | 全都有严重发育障碍 |
[06:36] | But I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[06:36] | I felt him kicking. | 我感觉到它在踢我 |
[06:38] | Last night, all night. | 就昨晚踢了我一晚上 |
[06:39] | And he will continue to kick. | 他还会继续踢你的 |
[06:41] | There’s nothing anyone did wrong, Tara. | 这不是任何人的错 泰拉 |
[06:42] | This is not about the surrogacy. | 这与代孕无关 |
[06:45] | And what do we do now? | 那我们现在要怎么办 |
[06:46] | Well, that’s why I wanted to get to you as early as possible, | 所以我才想尽早告知 |
[06:49] | so you’ll have options. | 好让你们能做选择 |
[06:51] | You’re in the second trimester, so… termination | 你现在处于妊娠中期 所以终止妊娠 |
[06:54] | is still a possibility. | 还是可能的 |
[06:57] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[07:03] | We’ll pay for everything. | 我们会负责所有费用 |
[07:04] | Not just the clinic, but the full amount for the surrogacy. | 不光是医疗费 还有全额代孕费 |
[07:07] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[07:08] | No, Tara, you’re part of this family now. | 泰拉 我们是一家人了 |
[07:11] | We’ll deal with this together. | 我们会共度难关 |
[07:12] | Dr. Tuft suggested a clinic. | 塔夫脱医生推荐了一家诊所 |
[07:13] | We’ll make an appointment. | 我们会预约一个时间 |
[07:15] | And I’ll go with you. | 到时我陪你去 |
[07:16] | No, it’s fine. | 不 没关系 |
[07:19] | Um, Will, can I call you back? | 威尔 我能过会儿打给你吗 |
[07:22] | Actually, we need you | 我们需要你出席 |
[07:22] | for an emergency committee meeting. | 紧急委员会会议 |
[07:24] | We’re short of a quorum. | 目前还凑不够法定人数 |
[07:24] | How far away are you? | 你回来要多久时间 |
[07:25] | Ten minutes, but I’m with a client. | 十分钟 但我现在和客户在一起 |
[07:27] | Come to the office but go to empty floor on 16th. | 事情办完 尽快赶回公司 |
[07:29] | Make it when you can. | 到没人的16楼来 |
[07:31] | Of course, the governor-elect chooses his own commission. | 候选州长选择他的委员会不是理所当然吗 |
[07:34] | I’ll call you back. | 我稍后打给你 |
[07:35] | Ethics commission? | 道德委员会 |
[07:37] | It’ll die down. | 会平息的 |
[07:37] | They’re just probing for a chink in the armor. | 他们只是想找点漏洞 |
[07:39] | I don’t think so. Bring Marilyn back. | 我可不觉得 把玛丽莲调回来 |
[07:42] | Peter, that will look just as weak. | 彼得 那会让你看起来很软弱 |
[07:44] | No, I made a mistake. | 不 我犯了错误 |
[07:45] | It looks like I replaced her | 现在人们看来我换掉她 |
[07:46] | because she was too ethical, | 是因为她道德太严谨 |
[07:48] | not because of how she looked. | 而不是因为她的外表 |
[07:49] | Bring her back. | 把她调回来 |
[08:03] | Ah, here’s our quorum. How’d you come here, by bicycle? | 人终于到齐了 你怎么来的 自行车吗 |
[08:06] | What size exit package are we talking about here? | 我们说的退职补偿有多少呀 |
[08:08] | That’s what we have to discuss. | 那需要我们讨论决定 |
[08:09] | Well, if she damaged the firm, I say | 如果她损害了律所利益 那我说 |
[08:11] | discount whatever that amount… | 扣除所有的… |
[08:12] | – With overhead. – I got a call from… | -还要扣掉日常开销 -我接到… |
[08:13] | – What’s going on? – Diane. | -怎么了 -戴安的事 |
[08:15] | …Charlotte Clapton, | 夏洛特·克莱普顿的电话 |
[08:16] | one of my biggest divorces. | 她是我最大离婚案之一的当事人 |
[08:17] | She got a call from this reporter | 她接到这记者的电话 |
[08:19] | who wanted to fact-check her article. | 想查实报道情况 |
[08:21] | Diane, is out for herself. | 戴安只顾自己利益了 |
[08:24] | So cut her off. | 那就把她赶出去 |
[08:25] | No, we negotiate an exit package. | 不 我们商量个退职补偿价 |
[08:27] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[08:28] | Diane gave an interview that exposed the firm to criticism. | 戴安接受采访 把律所的事抖给媒体了 |
[08:30] | We’re getting calls from clients. | 我们收到了客户的电话 |
[08:31] | We vote. How many want Diane gone? | 我们投票 有多少人希望她走 |
[08:32] | She wants herself gone. | 她自己就想走 |
[08:34] | We just ask her to leave two months early. | 我们只是想让她提前两个月走 |
[08:37] | All those in favor of negotiating | 所有有兴趣讨论一下 |
[08:40] | Diane’s exit package, raise your hand. | 戴安的退职补偿的 请举手 |
[08:43] | Who’s taking minutes? | 谁做会议纪要 |
[08:44] | It-It doesn’t matter. We just count. | 那不重要 数一下就好 |
[08:49] | Eight to six. | 八比六 |
[08:51] | Good. Appointments to the negotiating committee? | 很好 推选谈判委员会吧 |
[08:53] | I appoint myself. | 我选我自己 |
[08:54] | You can’t appoint yourself. | 你不能选你自己 |
[08:55] | I appoint David Lee. | 我选大卫·李 |
[08:56] | I appoint Howard Lyman and Will. | 我选霍华德·莱曼和威尔 |
[08:58] | And I appoint Alicia. | 我选艾丽西娅 |
[09:00] | No. Thank you, though. | 我不参加 但还是谢谢你 |
[09:02] | We need someone who voted against the exit. | 我们需要反对让她离开的人 |
[09:03] | You’re the balance. | 你是平衡局面的 |
[09:07] | Everybody uses Classic Roman Standard. | 所有律所都用经典罗马标准字体 |
[09:10] | We’re not saying anything | 如果我们人云亦云 |
[09:11] | if you use a font that everybody else uses. | 就等于什么都没说 |
[09:14] | All of those in favor of the better-looking font. | 支持选更好看字体的举手 |
[09:16] | Oh! I’m joking, I’m joking. | 开玩笑的 开玩笑的 |
[09:18] | All those in favor of Classic Roman Standard? | 支持用经典罗马标准字体的 |
[09:22] | And all those in favor of Trajan Pro? Congrats. | 支持用图拉真字体的呢 恭喜 |
[09:25] | Our law firm now has a font. Any new business? | 律所有自己的字体了 还有其他事吗 |
[09:27] | I heard a rumor I wanted to share with the group. | 我听说一个流言想跟大家分享 |
[09:30] | Heard that Diane was being pushed out. | 听说戴安要被逼走 |
[09:33] | The partners got together | 合伙人们开了会 |
[09:34] | and they’re arranging an exit package. | 要安排退职补偿的事 |
[09:36] | Which would leave her clients open for poaching. | 这样她的客户就可以随便抢了 |
[09:38] | If it’s true. | 如果是真的 |
[09:41] | As a partner, I am bound by my confidentiality. | 作为合伙人 我受保密协议约束 |
[09:44] | I can’t say anything. | 什么都不能说 |
[09:46] | Okay. So I’ll count to ten and, | 好吧 那我数到十 |
[09:49] | if you don’t sit down by ten, | 如果你到十还不坐下 |
[09:50] | Diane is being pushed out. One… | 戴安就要被逼走 一… |
[09:52] | Guys, I can’t. I can’t even hint. | 各位 我不能 我都不能暗示 |
[09:53] | Well, you did more than hint when you | 你告诉我们合伙人在查信息时 |
[09:54] | told us about the partners tracing our texts. | 可已经不止暗示了 |
[09:57] | Yes. And I’m not so sure that was a good thing. | 对 我依然不确定那么做好不好 |
[09:58] | Three, four… | 三 四… |
[09:59] | Alicia, we’re two weeks away from leaving. | 艾丽西娅 我们还有两周就要走 |
[10:01] | Getting a jump on her clients would mean everything. | 抢到她的客户意义重大 |
[10:03] | Six, seven, eight, nine… | 六 七 八 九… |
[10:09] | ten. | 十 |
[10:11] | You can’t read anything into this. | 你们不能从我这解读任何信息 |
[10:13] | Who does Diane have as clients? | 戴安有哪些客户 |
[10:15] | Ushkov Industries. | 乌什科夫工业 |
[10:16] | It’s $13 million in billables. | 有1千3百万可计时收入 |
[10:18] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:19] | Alicia, what did you say to her? | 艾丽西娅 你跟她说了什么 |
[10:21] | What? Uh, Kathy? | 什么 是凯西吗 |
[10:23] | Yes. What did you tell Tara? | 对 你跟塔拉说了什么 |
[10:26] | Uh, I didn’t say anything. What do you mean? | 我什么也没说 你指什么 |
[10:28] | She wasn’t at the clinic. | 她不在诊所 |
[10:31] | I don’t want to do it. | 我不想那么做 |
[10:33] | – You don’t want to terminate the pregnancy? – Yeah. | -你不想终止妊娠 -对 |
[10:37] | You understand that Kathy and Brian will feel | 你知道凯西和布莱恩认为 |
[10:42] | like you’re the surrogate in this equation, | 这次生育中你只是替身 |
[10:44] | that they’re the parents. | 他们才是父母 |
[10:45] | Yeah. Alicia, I can feel him kicking. | 知道 艾丽西娅 我能感觉到他踢我 |
[10:48] | I don’t think he really is what the doctor says he is. | 我不觉得他像医生说的那样 |
[10:51] | Would you like me to set up | 你愿意让我再跟塔夫脱医生 |
[10:51] | another appointment with Dr. Tuft? | 再安排一次检查吗 |
[10:53] | No, he’ll just say what he said again. | 他还会把说过的话说一遍 |
[10:56] | Tara, he has birth defects. | 塔拉 他有先天缺陷 |
[10:58] | I know it feels like he’s healthy, | 我知道你觉得他很健康 |
[11:00] | but he’ll be in pain when he’s born, | 但他出生后会很痛苦 |
[11:03] | and he won’t survive. | 而且他活不下来 |
[11:03] | He has a 15% chance. | 他有15%的机会 |
[11:05] | That’s what the doctor said. | 那医生说的 |
[11:07] | That’s not a real chance. | 那不算真正的机会 |
[11:08] | My parents said I had a 10% chance | 我父母说我我有10%的机会 |
[11:10] | of getting into DePaul, but I’m here. | 能进德保罗大学 我也进来了 |
[11:13] | Tara… | 塔拉… |
[11:14] | it’s not your baby. | 孩子不是你的 |
[11:16] | And you are not my lawyer. | 你也不是我的律师 |
[11:19] | Not really. | 不算是 |
[11:20] | They’re paying you. | 他们付你钱的 |
[11:21] | Yes, but I represent your interests. | 但是为了维护你的利益 |
[11:23] | I represent the surrogate’s interests. | 我是代表代孕者的利益的 |
[11:27] | Then start. | 那就帮我 |
[11:29] | It’s not your decision. | 这不是你能决定的 |
[11:31] | Tara. | 塔拉 |
[11:32] | Tara has decided that | 塔拉决定了 |
[11:33] | in the best interest of the fetus, | 为了胎儿的利益 |
[11:36] | she will carry the baby to term. | 她会怀着孩子直到生产 |
[11:37] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[11:38] | This isn’t… | 这不是… |
[11:40] | We talked about this. | 我们说好了的 |
[11:41] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:42] | Kathy, I can’t. | 凯西 我做不到 |
[11:45] | He’s not sick. | 他没病 |
[11:46] | – I can feel him. – You’re not a doctor! | -我能感觉到他 -你不是医生 |
[11:47] | Okay, hold on. | 好了 冷静点 |
[11:48] | Page 18 of the surrogacy contract, Tara, | 代孕合同第18页 塔拉 |
[11:51] | you specifically agreed to terminate | 你特别同意了 |
[11:53] | if there were substantial signs of birth defects. | 若有足够证据证明孩子先天缺陷则终止妊娠 |
[11:54] | Yes, Tara believes these do not | 对 塔拉认为目前 |
[11:56] | constitute substantial signs… | 没有足够的证据… |
[11:56] | What? You have got to be kidding me. | 什么 你在开玩笑吧 |
[11:58] | – Tara, this… – You can’t do this. | -塔拉 这… -你不能这么做 |
[11:59] | Kathy, Brian, okay. | 凯西 布莱恩 好了 |
[12:01] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:02] | And have you explained to her how she will be in breach? | 你跟她解释过违反合约会怎样吗 |
[12:04] | I have explained to her her options. | 我说明过她的选择 |
[12:06] | We’re paying you, Alicia. | 我们是付你钱的人 艾丽西娅 |
[12:07] | She’s not paying you. | 她没付钱 |
[12:08] | Yes, and as part of the surrogacy agreement | 对 作为代孕协议的部分内容 |
[12:11] | you agreed to pay me to act in her best interests | 你们同意在代孕期间 |
[12:14] | during the course of the surrogacy. | 雇佣我维护她的利益 |
[12:15] | Tara… | 塔拉 |
[12:17] | you’re hurting us. | 你在伤害我们 |
[12:19] | You don’t agree with Tara. | 你不赞成塔拉的做法 |
[12:20] | It’s not about what I agree with. | 我赞成什么不是重点 |
[12:21] | – So you’re just cashing a paycheck? – No… | -那就是拿钱办事了 -不 |
[12:24] | I am faithfully representing the interests of my client. | 我只是忠诚地代表我当事人的利益 |
[12:26] | And the interests of your client | 你当事人的利益 |
[12:27] | involve being the mother of a child with major birth defects? | 包括做先天缺陷孩子的母亲吗 |
[12:29] | No. | 不包括 |
[12:30] | Ah. So Tara wants to give birth, | 那塔拉想生下孩子 |
[12:31] | and then force my clients to raise the child? | 然后强迫我的当事人抚养吗 |
[12:34] | – My client has made the choice not to have… – No. No. | -我的当事人选择不… -不对不对 |
[12:36] | – …an abortion. – You don’t get to use the word “Choice”” | -堕胎 -你没有权利用”选择”这词 |
[12:38] | That fetus is wholly | 胎儿完全是 |
[12:39] | my clients’ genetic material: | 由我当事人的基因组成的 |
[12:41] | their egg, their sperm. | 他们的卵子 他们的精子 |
[12:43] | The only one who gets to choose | 有权做选择的 |
[12:44] | is the actual mother. | 是真正的母亲 |
[12:46] | We would disagree. Ah. | 我们不同意 |
[12:47] | And that settles that, then? | 那我们得解决那问题 |
[12:49] | We’re suing. Today. | 我们要起诉 就今天 |
[12:52] | W-Wha… you’re suing for what? | 什…诉讼目的呢 |
[12:55] | To force my client to have an abortion? | 强迫我当事人堕胎吗 |
[12:56] | – How does that work? – Economic devastation. | -那怎么可能 -经济损失 |
[12:58] | Your client breached her contract. | 你当事人违反合同 |
[13:00] | The Isenstadts put over half a million into this surrogacy. | 伊恩斯塔德夫妇为这次代孕付了50万 |
[13:03] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[13:03] | Searching for a surrogate, | 找代孕 |
[13:04] | fertility fees, Tara’s weekly payments. | 生育费 塔拉的周薪 |
[13:07] | A half million is going to bankrupt your client. | 50万能让你当事人破产 |
[13:09] | Unless she decides to honor | 除非她决定 |
[13:11] | the terms of her contract. | 遵守合约条款 |
[13:14] | Then we’ll see you in court. | 那我们法庭见吧 |
[13:15] | No, I won’t be seeing you anywhere. | 不 我们哪也不会见了 |
[13:17] | You’re fired. | 你被开除了 |
[13:18] | The Isenstadts are terminating | 伊恩斯塔德夫妇不再雇你 |
[13:20] | your employment as Tara’s lawyer. | 作塔拉的律师了 |
[13:21] | Well, they can’t do that | 他们不能那么做 |
[13:22] | until the surrogacy is concluded. | 除非代孕终止 |
[13:24] | No, they can’t do that | 不 他们不能那样做 |
[13:25] | until the contract is concluded, | 除非合同终止 |
[13:27] | and you’ve decided the contract is concluded. | 而你已经决定终止合同 |
[13:30] | So unless you’re into doing this case pro bono, | 所以除非你想无偿代理这个案子 |
[13:33] | it was nice meeting you. | 很高兴见到你 再会 |
[13:49] | Not in this context. | 与此无关 |
[13:51] | You put your interests | 你把自己的利益 |
[13:52] | over the interests of the firm, Diane. | 置于律所的利益之上 戴安 |
[13:53] | This is my firm! | 这是我的律所 |
[13:54] | It was your firm. | 这曾经是你的律所 |
[13:55] | Then get the security guards. | 那叫保安来呀 |
[13:57] | – Carry me out. – No. | -把我撵出去 -不 |
[13:59] | We have enough respect for you | 我们对你足够尊重 |
[14:00] | not to make this a public spectacle. | 不至于把这变成一场公开的闹剧 |
[14:08] | You want to end it this way? | 你想这样结束吗 |
[14:11] | Diane, you ended it. | 戴安 是你结束了它 |
[14:13] | Now, go be a judge. | 当你的法官去吧 |
[14:15] | We have work to do here. | 我们这里还有事要做 |
[14:44] | – Hello. – Is Grace there? | -你好 -请问格雷斯在吗 |
[14:45] | No, this is her mother. May I ask who’s calling? | 她不在 我是她妈妈 请问你是哪位 |
[14:47] | Jimmy Lawrence. | 吉米·劳伦斯 |
[14:48] | She should be back in an hour. | 她一小时内应该就会回来 |
[14:49] | What is this regarding? | 你有什么事吗 |
[14:52] | Was that for me? | 找我的吗 |
[14:53] | No, Grace. | 不 找格雷斯的 |
[14:54] | Who’s Jimmy Lawrence? | 吉米·劳伦斯是谁 |
[14:55] | Someone from school. | 学校里的人 |
[14:57] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[14:58] | Well, he was calling for Grace. | 他打来找格雷斯 |
[15:05] | Zach, is something going on with your sister? | 扎克 你妹妹有什么事吗 |
[15:08] | No. | 没有 |
[15:09] | But something’s going on? | 但还是有什么事情的吧 |
[15:13] | Zach, what? | 扎克 怎么了 |
[15:15] | Grace has nothing to do with this, Mom. | 格雷斯与此事无关 妈妈 |
[15:17] | It’s… it’s not her. | 不是她的问题 |
[15:37] | But Grace… | 可是格雷斯 |
[15:39] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[15:40] | Where…? | 哪里 |
[15:45] | So that’s why this kid is calling? | 所以这个孩子才打给她吗 |
[15:47] | Lots of kids. | 很多人 |
[15:52] | We want you back, Marilyn. | 我们希望你回来 玛丽莲 |
[15:54] | Yes, I thought that we were | 是的 我觉得我们 |
[15:56] | a bit hasty in moving you | 把你调到交通管理委员会 |
[15:57] | to the Transit Authority Board. | 的决定有些草率 |
[15:59] | Promoting me to the Transit Authority Board. | 是提拔我到交通管理委员会 |
[16:01] | Yes, well, | 是的 |
[16:02] | we heard you weren’t very happy there. | 我们听说你在那儿不是很愉快 |
[16:03] | Yeah, I didn’t feel… qualified. | 是的 我觉得我不能胜任 |
[16:05] | Then come back to us. | 那回来加入我们吧 |
[16:06] | We’re reorganizing the ethics commission, | 我们在改组伦理委员会 |
[16:08] | giving it more power. | 赋予它更多的权力 |
[16:09] | We’d like you to head it up. | 我们希望你来领导它 |
[16:10] | And we’d like to announce today. | 我们想今天就宣布这个决定 |
[16:15] | In what way, reorganizing? | 以何种方式重组呢 |
[16:17] | Well, the ethics commission | 伦理委员会 |
[16:18] | has always seemed isolated here in Chicago. | 感觉一直被孤立在芝加哥这里 |
[16:21] | We want to move your offices into the governor’s suite | 我们想把你的办公室调到 |
[16:23] | in Springfield– more in the… | 斯普林菲尔德的州长官 |
[16:25] | heat of the action. | 能更有作为 |
[16:32] | No, thank you. | 不必了 谢谢 |
[16:33] | Wait a minute. Wait, whoa, whoa. | 等等 等等 |
[16:35] | Why not? | 为什么不愿意 |
[16:37] | Pat Quinn governed from Springfield. | 帕特·奎因在斯普林菲尔德执政 |
[16:40] | Rod Blagojevich governed from Chicago. | 罗德·布拉戈耶维奇在芝加哥执政 |
[16:43] | Each governor is different. | 每一任州长都不一样 |
[16:45] | Where are you gonna be, Mr. Florrick? | 你会待在哪儿呢 福瑞克先生 |
[16:47] | Oh, he’ll be both here and Springfield. | 他会兼顾这里和斯普林菲尔德 |
[16:49] | Then why are you adding all the offices here? | 那你为什么把所有办公室都放在这儿 |
[16:54] | – I’ll be in Chicago. – And you want the ethics offices | -我会在芝加哥 -你想把伦理委员会 |
[16:57] | isolated out in Springfield? | 单独放在斯普林菲尔德? |
[17:00] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[17:02] | What if the offices were here? | 如果办公室在这儿呢 |
[17:04] | Along with unfettered access– yes, I’d consider it. | 还要有自由访问权 这样我可以考虑一下 |
[17:06] | No one gets unfettered access. | 没人有自由访问权 |
[17:08] | Give us a day to think about it. | 给我们一天时间考虑一下 |
[17:10] | – Okay? – Thank you, Mr. Florrick. | -好吗 -谢谢 福瑞克先生 |
[17:16] | They hate me, don’t they? | 他们讨厌我 是不是 |
[17:17] | No, I don’t think they hate you. | 不 我不觉得他们讨厌你 |
[17:19] | They want you to consider all the repercussions. | 他们希望你考虑清楚一切后果 |
[17:21] | And they can do that? Take all my money? | 他们可以这样做吗 拿走我所有的钱 |
[17:24] | – I don’t even have that much. – Well, you have | -我根本没有那么多钱 -等你满21岁 |
[17:25] | the $120,000 coming from your parents’ trust when you turn 21. | 就会得到你父母12万美元的信托基金了 |
[17:30] | They can take that. | 他们可以拿走那笔钱 |
[17:33] | Excuse me one second, Tara. | 失陪一下 泰拉 |
[17:37] | Is that her? Is that the surrogate? | 那就是她吗 那个代孕妈妈 |
[17:39] | Yes. Look, David, I’m doing this pro bono, one of mine. | 是的 大卫 这是我无偿代理的一个案子 |
[17:42] | I will not exceed 30 billable… | 不会超过30个计费工时 |
[17:43] | I’m taking first chair with you. | 我和你一起担任首席律师 |
[17:45] | – You’re what? – Tara? | -你什么 -泰拉 |
[17:47] | Hi. I’m David Lee. | 你好 我是大卫·李 |
[17:50] | I am in awe of your courage, young lady. | 我非常佩服你的勇气 小姐 |
[17:53] | Life is such a precious commodity… isn’t it? | 生命是一份多么珍贵的赠与 不是吗 |
[18:01] | What are you on? | 你在做什么 |
[18:03] | Something for Will. | 威尔交待的事 |
[18:04] | I need you to… No, come to think of it, | 我需要你 不 细想一下 |
[18:07] | you’re still friends with Cary | 你和凯里 |
[18:08] | and the fourth years, aren’t you? | 以及那些四年律师还是朋友 对吧 |
[18:10] | What do you need, David? | 你有什么需要 大卫 |
[18:12] | No, that’s okay. | 不用了 没事 |
[18:14] | Robyn, I want you to look into this Dr. Tuft… | 罗宾 我需要你调查一下这个塔夫脱医生 |
[18:19] | And you’ve been seeing Tara Bach for how long? | 你认识塔拉·巴赫多久了 |
[18:22] | I’ve been her ob-gyn for about seven months now. | 我做她的妇产科医生已经有7个月了 |
[18:24] | I see. And when is she due? | 我知道了 她的预产期是什么时候 |
[18:26] | In approximately 12 weeks. | 大约12周后 |
[18:28] | And in your professional opinion, | 以你的专业意见 |
[18:29] | is Tara’s fetus viable? | 泰拉的胎儿可以存活吗 |
[18:30] | Objection, Your Honor. Relevance. | 反对 法官大人 与本案无关 |
[18:32] | This is a breach of contract suit. | 本案是违约诉讼 |
[18:34] | Well, let’s find out the relevance. | 那我们来找出联系吧 |
[18:35] | What’s the relevance, Counselor? | 有什么联系 律师 |
[18:36] | If Tara’s fetus is viable, Your Honor, | 如果泰拉的胎儿可以存活 法官大人 |
[18:38] | then she can’t abort, and there is no breach of contract. | 那么她就不能流产 也就没有违约 |
[18:41] | Well, that makes sense to me, Counselor. | 我觉得有道理 律师 |
[18:43] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[18:44] | Just a few more for the defense. | 我还有几个问题要问被告证人 |
[18:46] | Thank you, Alicia. | 谢谢 艾丽西娅 |
[18:48] | What… | 什么 |
[18:50] | Why was the amnio performed so late | 为什么在妊娠期间那么晚 |
[18:52] | – in the pregnancy, Doctor? – Why? | 才做羊膜刺穿术 医生 -为什么 |
[18:54] | – Uh, I-I didn’t perform it. – I know. | -不是我做的 -我知道 |
[18:56] | Dr. Tuft did. | 是塔夫脱医生做的 |
[18:57] | But do you know why the amnio was performed | 但你知道为什么羊膜刺穿术在 |
[19:00] | so late in the second trimester? | 妊娠中期这么迟才做吗 |
[19:01] | Well, this was the second amnio. | 这是第二次羊膜刺穿术 |
[19:03] | The first was performed in April. | 第一次是在四月做的 |
[19:05] | And did you find that | 第一次羊膜刺穿术后你是不是发现 |
[19:06] | Tara had spotting after the first amnio? | 泰拉身上出现了斑点 |
[19:08] | – Yes. – And could this have come | -是的 -这是否可能是 |
[19:10] | from a poorly performed amnio? | 由不成功的羊膜刺穿术造成的 |
[19:12] | Okay, let’s hold up here. I’m not sure why | 好了 先到这 我不清楚为什么 |
[19:14] | the plaintiff isn’t objecting, | 原告没有反对 |
[19:16] | but what is the relevance? | 但这与本案有什么关联 |
[19:17] | Pure curiosity, Your Honor. | 纯属好奇 法官大人 |
[19:18] | Well, let’s satisfy our curiosity | 我们用业余时间来 |
[19:20] | on our own time, shall we? | 满足自己的好奇心 好吗 |
[19:22] | I sustain the objection that never came. | 我认定这个没被提出的反对有效 |
[19:28] | So, you want to sue the hospital. | 所以 你想起诉医院 |
[19:29] | I don’t want to; I will sue the hospital. | 我不是想起诉 我是要起诉医院 |
[19:31] | Their amnio caused these birth defects. | 他们的羊膜刺穿术导致胎儿先天缺陷 |
[19:34] | And you want the child born? | 你希望孩子被生下来吗 |
[19:35] | No. Your client wants the child born. | 不 是你的当事人想把孩子生下来 |
[19:38] | Yes, but it means more to a suit if the child is born? | 没错 但是孩子生下来对诉讼更有利 |
[19:42] | $8 million more. | 多了八百万 |
[19:43] | It’s pain and suffering. | 这是痛苦与折磨的补偿 |
[19:45] | $2 million if Tara aborts, $10 million if she doesn’t. | 如果她堕胎是两百万 不堕就是一千万 |
[19:48] | Does Tara know that? | 泰拉知道吗 |
[19:50] | What, that we’re suing? | 什么 我们起诉医院的事吗 |
[19:51] | No. She’s doing it because she believes it. | 不 她这么做是因为她相信这是对的 |
[19:56] | I’m pro-choice. | 我支持妇女堕胎权利 |
[19:57] | It gives you the most options. | 它给你提供更多的选择权 |
[19:58] | Abortion is a sin. | 堕胎是一种罪恶 |
[19:59] | You’re a Republican; you have to say that. | 你是个共和党人 你当然得这么说 |
[20:01] | No, I’m not a Republican. | 不 我不是共和党人 |
[20:02] | I just look at photos of fetuses and think, | 我只是看到胎儿的照片然后觉得 |
[20:04] | how can we flush them down the drain? | 我们怎么能就这样把他们冲进下水道 |
[20:05] | No one’s flushing anything down the drain. | 流产可不是这么回事 |
[20:07] | I met this Rockette back the ’50s. | 50年代我认识了一个叫罗切特的 |
[20:10] | Looked just like Cyd Charisse. | 和希黛·查利斯长得一模一样 |
[20:12] | Oh, God, Cyd Charisse! | 天哪 希黛·查利斯 |
[20:14] | – Those legs! Oh! – If men could get pregnant, | -那双美腿啊 -如果男人能怀孕 |
[20:16] | – abortion would be a sacrament. – It’s legal. | -堕胎将成为一项圣事 -这是合法的 |
[20:18] | – What else do you want? – We were messing around, | -你还指望怎么样 -我们在一起鬼混 |
[20:19] | you know, backstage, the green room. | 在后台的演员休息室 |
[20:21] | She came to me three months later, pregnant. | 3个月后她来找我 有了身孕 |
[20:24] | Are you kidding me?! | 你跟我开玩笑吧 |
[20:27] | Took her to Canada. | 带她去了加拿大 |
[20:28] | This is what I don’t get about abortion. | 关于堕胎我有一点不明白 |
[20:29] | Where do you think the personality went. | 你们觉得人格何去何从呢 |
[20:31] | If it had been aborted… | 即使胎儿被打掉了 |
[20:34] | Hold on. Hold on! | 等一下 等一下 |
[20:36] | Quiet down. | 静一静 |
[20:37] | We’re here to negotiate Diane’s exit package. | 我们是来讨论戴安的离职补贴的 |
[20:38] | And I have some research. | 我做了些功课 |
[20:40] | This is what we offered Jonas Stern | 这是2009年乔纳斯·斯特恩离开时 |
[20:42] | when he exited in 2009. | 我们给他的数目 |
[20:43] | Are you friggin’ kidding me? | 你他妈是在逗我吗 |
[20:44] | We were in better financial straits back then. | 那时我们的财务状况更好一些 |
[20:46] | We should offer her half of this | 我们应该只给她一半 |
[20:47] | – and she’d still be lucky. – I don’t disagree. | -就这样也便宜她了 -我同意 |
[20:50] | Jonas Stern was a founding partner… | 乔纳斯·斯特恩是创始合伙人 |
[20:52] | – So is Diane. – So was Diane. She’s leaving. | -戴安也是啊 -曾经也是 但她要走了 |
[20:55] | There’s no difference between Jonas’s impact on the firm and Diane’s. | 乔纳斯和戴安对公司具有相同的影响力 |
[20:58] | That may have been true back then, but the firm has changed. | 或许以前是这样 但现在公司变了 |
[21:00] | What has Diane done but move us toward bankruptcy? | 戴安的所作所为快把我们搞破产了 |
[21:02] | David, she’s going to be a Supreme Court justice. | 大卫 她就要成为一名最高法院的法官了 |
[21:06] | I agree with Alicia. | 我同意艾丽西娅的看法 |
[21:07] | Here’s the other problem– Diane has good clients. | 另一个问题是 戴安拥有优质客户资源 |
[21:09] | We anger her with a lowball offer, | 如果我们开的价过低 激怒了她 |
[21:11] | we lose them. | 就会失去他们 |
[21:12] | How will we lose them? | 我们怎么会失去他们 |
[21:13] | She suggests they go somewhere else. | 她提议他们去找别人 |
[21:16] | Let’s be practical. | 我们实际点 |
[21:17] | We offer a fair amount; we keep her clients with us. | 我们给她一笔可观的钱 留下她的客户资源 |
[21:23] | Tara’s fetus won’t be viable until the third trimester. | 未到晚期妊娠 塔拉的胎儿仍属未存活状态 |
[21:26] | And that’s in 48 hours? | 那是在48小时后吗 |
[21:28] | Yes, that’s why the decision to terminate | 是的 这也是为什么 |
[21:30] | has to be made quickly. | 要尽快做出流产决定的原因 |
[21:32] | Now, Tara’s ob-gyn has suggested that the fetus is viable now. | 但塔拉的妇产科医师认为胎儿已经存活了 |
[21:35] | Yes, I heard that. She’s wrong. | 是的 我听说了 她是错的 |
[21:37] | Viability is based on survivability outside Tara’s womb. | 能否存活要看胎儿在塔拉子宫外的生存能力 |
[21:40] | And that’s why the Supreme Court | 这也是最高法院在罗伊诉韦德案中 |
[21:42] | in Roe v. Wade established the beginning of the third trimester | 确立了晚期妊娠时间点 |
[21:45] | as an inviolable line? | 这一不可侵犯的界限的原因 |
[21:46] | Yes, exactly. | 是的 没错 |
[21:47] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[21:49] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[21:52] | Dr. Tuft, isn’t survivability based on current technology? | 塔夫脱医生 存活能力是否和目前的科技水平有关 |
[21:56] | Of course. | 当然 |
[21:57] | And given the current improvements in postnatal technology, | 依据现在已得到很大改善的产后技术 |
[22:01] | can’t the fetus survive outside Tara’s womb earlier? | 胎儿能否在更早些时在塔拉子宫外存活 |
[22:04] | Not in my opinion, no. This is a very special case. | 我认为不能 这种情况很罕见 |
[22:06] | Doctor, don’t you have a reason for wanting the fetus aborted? | 医生 你不是有想要堕掉这胎儿的理由吗 |
[22:09] | Excuse me, objection, Your Honor. | 抱歉 反对 法官大人 |
[22:10] | Who’s questioning the witness? | 到底是谁在提问证人 |
[22:12] | If the fetus is aborted, then the malpractice lawsuit | 如果胎儿被堕掉了 控告你玩忽职守的诉讼 |
[22:14] | – against you will be reduced. – Objection, Your Honor! | -就会归于灭失 -反对 法官大人 |
[22:15] | The defense is turning this into an argument about malpractice. | 辩方正在把辩论往医疗事故上引 |
[22:17] | No, no, no, you don’t have… | 不不不 你没有… |
[22:19] | We all know you’re excited to be in big boy court. | 大家都知道你最喜欢把事情搞大了 |
[22:20] | If you have a problem with me… | 如果你对我有意见… |
[22:22] | You might want to check the laws on slander, sir. | 你最好先去查查诽谤罪的法律条文 先生 |
[22:23] | I’m not slandering the witness, | 我并没有诽谤证人 |
[22:24] | – I’m asking him a… – You’re saying… | -我只是在问他… -你说到… |
[22:28] | The question before me is whether this contract is moot. | 摆在我面前的问题是合同是否失效了 |
[22:32] | Due to fetal viability, | 根据胎儿的存活能力 |
[22:34] | there’s no way not to be in breach. | 不违反合同是不可能的 |
[22:36] | Given the conflicting testimony of the doctors, | 根据互相矛盾的医生证词 |
[22:38] | I have no way to split this… | 我没有办法分解这个… |
[22:40] | uh, dilemma. | 两难困境 |
[22:43] | So I fall back on the Supreme Court’s decision. | 所以我仍维持最高法院的裁决 |
[22:45] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[22:47] | With respect to the contract in question, | 关于这份争议合同 |
[22:49] | the fetus is ruled nonviable | 胎儿被裁决为无存活能力 |
[22:51] | – and will remain so for 40 more hours. – Your Honor? | -还能继续生存40小时 -法官大人 |
[22:54] | Given that, we move that these proceedings continue apace. | 鉴于此 我们要加快诉讼议程 |
[22:57] | Uh, Your Honor, we don’t have our next witness until Friday. | 法官大人 我们的下位证人周五才能到 |
[22:59] | Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克夫人 |
[23:00] | Have your witnesses available this afternoon. | 让你的证人下午到位 |
[23:03] | Or we will proceed without them. | 不然我们就绕过他们继续审理 |
[23:09] | No. | 不 |
[23:11] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[23:12] | It means I don’t accept your exit package. | 就是说我不接受你们的离职补贴 |
[23:16] | We can shove you out, you know. | 我们完全可以赶你走 你知道的吧 |
[23:17] | Yes, I do know that. | 是的 我是知道 |
[23:19] | And my clients, too. | 还有我的客户 |
[23:21] | What is that– a threat? | 这是干什么 威胁吗 |
[23:23] | It is a fact. Don’t act innocent. | 只是事实 别装无辜了 |
[23:26] | You already have some of the associates calling my clients, | 你们已经让一些律师联系我的客户了 |
[23:28] | trying to split them off. | 想要把他们从我这拉走 |
[23:30] | You’re paranoid, Diane. | 你想多了 戴安 |
[23:32] | These are similar to the terms offered to Jonas Stern. | 这数目和乔纳斯·斯特恩分得的差不多 |
[23:34] | And I am not Jonas Stern. | 我不是乔纳斯·斯特恩 |
[23:38] | What do you want, Diane? | 你想要什么 戴安 |
[23:40] | I want what I’m worth. | 我想要我应 得的价钱 |
[23:42] | You want me to not bad talk you to my clients, | 你们想要我不向我的客户说你们的坏话 |
[23:44] | rethink your offer. | 就重新考虑出价 |
[23:46] | Now get out of my office. | 现在离开我的办公室 |
[23:48] | This isn’t your office. | 这不是你的办公室 |
[23:50] | It is. | 是的 |
[23:51] | Until you have the security guards escort me out. | 直到你让安保把我架出去前都是的 |
[23:58] | Alicia? | 艾丽西娅 |
[24:00] | Do you have a minute? | 有空吗 |
[24:01] | I… Sure. | 我…当然 |
[24:06] | I can’t decide this by myself. | 我一个人决定不了 |
[24:09] | But I can sway most of the partners. | 但我可以说服大多数合伙人 |
[24:11] | And I think you’ll enjoy a honeymoon period as the governor’s wife. | 我觉得你将享受一段州长妻子的蜜月时光 |
[24:14] | Oh… okay. I’m not… | 额 好吧 我不… |
[24:16] | I want you to consider replacing Diane as managing partner. | 我想要你代替戴安作为管理合伙人 |
[24:29] | Tara asked a lot of questions about the contract. | 泰拉问了关于合同的很多问题 |
[24:33] | We listened, made changes at her request. | 我们认真听了 在她的要求下做了变更 |
[24:35] | We wanted her to feel part of the process. | 我们想要她在整个过程中有归属感 |
[24:37] | And who represented Ms. Bach? | 巴赫小姐的代理律师是谁 |
[24:38] | – Alicia Florrick. – I see. | -艾丽西娅·福瑞克 -我明白了 |
[24:40] | And did Mrs. Florrick ever raise any concerns | 福瑞克夫人有没有提出过 |
[24:43] | that the surrogacy contract was coercive in any way? | 这份代孕合同在哪方面存在胁迫性呢 |
[24:46] | Your Honor, respondent would stipulate | 法官大人 被告坚持认为 |
[24:48] | that the contract as a whole is not coercive. | 合同整体上是没有胁迫性的 |
[24:51] | – This is about a single provision. – Yes. | -只涉及其中的一个条款 -好的 |
[24:52] | Now that Mrs. Florrick has given herself cover | 刚刚福瑞克夫人保护自己 |
[24:54] | against a malpractice suit, | 从一起玩忽职守诉讼中脱了身 |
[24:56] | may I continue? | 我可以继续吗 |
[24:57] | The provision regarding your right to terminate the pregnancy, | 那条关于你有终止妊娠权利的条款 |
[25:02] | that wasn’t part of the standard agency contract. | 普通代孕合同并没有这一条款 |
[25:04] | – Was it? – No. | -是吗 -是的 |
[25:05] | My husband and I insisted on it. | 是我丈夫和我坚持要这么做 |
[25:07] | Why? | 为什么 |
[25:08] | Because our first child, Caleb, had a heart defect. | 因为我们的第一个孩子迦勒布 有先天性心脏病 |
[25:11] | He lived six months. | 他只活了六个月 |
[25:13] | Five operations. | 动了五次手术 |
[25:14] | And in the end, we just… | 到最后 我们只是… |
[25:16] | we couldn’t bring another child into the world to suffer. | 我们不能再让一个孩子这么受罪 |
[25:19] | And is that why you want to terminate this pregnancy? | 这就是你想要终止这次妊娠的原因 |
[25:24] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:28] | I wish I were the one that were pregnant. | 我希望是我怀着身孕 |
[25:31] | But I’m not. | 但不是我 |
[25:34] | But it’s our child. | 但这是我们的孩子 |
[25:37] | Our choice. | 我们的选择 |
[25:39] | No one should be allowed to take that from us. | 没有人能夺走我们的这个权利 |
[25:42] | What I want is a proposed budget before the state assembly… | 我想要在州议会前制定出预算提案… |
[25:45] | So, Barry Rovinski’s company owns the building | 就是说 艾丽西娅的新公司刚租的房子 |
[25:48] | that Alicia’s new firm just leased space in? | 所在的大楼属于巴瑞·罗温斯基的公司吗 |
[25:51] | Yes, an obvious conflict of interest. | 是的 非常明显的利益冲突 |
[25:55] | I assure you neither Peter nor Alicia knew that | 我向你保证彼得和艾丽西娅 |
[25:58] | when he appointed Barry to the water board. | 在他任命巴瑞去水务委员会时都不知道这事 |
[26:00] | Yes, but the terms of the lease might be | 我知道 但租约条款 |
[26:01] | considered preferential. | 可能会被认为是给了优惠 |
[26:03] | 25 a square foot in an area where 40’s the market rate? | 市价每平方40美元的地段只要价25美元 |
[26:07] | What would you have Peter do? | 你想要彼得怎么做 |
[26:08] | The lease has already been executed. | 租约已经生效 |
[26:10] | I think he should reconsider Barry’s candidacy. | 我认为他应该重新考虑巴瑞的候选资格 |
[26:16] | He’ll look into it. | 他会考虑的 |
[26:19] | I was promised unfettered access. | 你们向我许诺自由访问权 |
[26:22] | All due respect, you are not the governor-elect. | 尽管我很尊重你 但你并不是候任州长 |
[26:23] | Yes, thank you for your respect. | 是的 谢谢你的尊重 |
[26:25] | And this is unfettered access to the governor’s chief of staff. | 这是你联络州长幕僚长的自由访问权 |
[26:29] | We should be on the same side, Eli. | 我们应该统一战线的 伊莱 |
[26:31] | We are on the same side. | 我们是在同一战线 |
[26:33] | You can’t keep disagreeing with me | 你不能一直不同意我的意见 |
[26:34] | and pretend it’s an agreement. | 还装着我们达成了一致 |
[26:35] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[26:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:39] | Ethical issues are never obvious and they never go away. | 道德问题从来不显眼 但它们一直存在 |
[26:42] | That’s why I raise them. | 所以我才会提出来 |
[26:43] | Because I like Peter and want to see him succeed. | 因为我喜欢彼得 想要他成功 |
[26:46] | You mean, Mr. Florrick? | 你是说福瑞克先生吗 |
[26:48] | Of course. | 当然 |
[26:53] | Mrs. Isenstadt, | 伊恩斯塔德太太 |
[26:54] | you believe you and your husband have absolute autonomy | 你认为你和你的丈夫对这个…婴儿的命运 |
[26:56] | over the fate of this… fetus, right? | 拥有完全的自治权 对吗 |
[26:59] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[27:01] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[27:03] | Because it’s ours. | 因为它是我们的 |
[27:04] | And what about your body? | 那你的身体呢 |
[27:05] | Do you think you should have control over that? | 你认为你应该对它有控制权吗 |
[27:07] | Over my body? | 对我的身体吗 |
[27:08] | – Yes, I do. – So, | -是的 -所以 |
[27:09] | you’re pro-choice? | 你支持妇女的选择权? |
[27:10] | Yes, but this is different. | 是的 但这不一样 |
[27:13] | How? How is it different? | 怎么 怎么不一样 |
[27:15] | You want this contract imposed | 你想要把合同强加给泰拉 |
[27:17] | even though Tara doesn’t want an abortion. | 即使她并不想堕胎 |
[27:19] | It’s different because Tara is not the mother. | 这不一样是因为泰拉不是母亲 |
[27:22] | – I’m the mother. – But it’s her body. | -我才是母亲 -但那是她的身体 |
[27:24] | – Objection, argumentative. – It’s okay, I… | -反对 有争议性 -没关系 我… |
[27:26] | I want to answer. | 我愿意回答 |
[27:28] | Yes, it’s her body, | 是的 那是她的身体 |
[27:30] | but she has agreed to subject her body | 但她已经同意用自己的身体 |
[27:33] | to my needs as a mother. | 帮助我成为母亲 |
[27:35] | The mother– that’s what this contract was. | 使我成为母亲 就是合同的关系 |
[27:39] | This is about my choice, not hers. | 这关乎我的选择 而不是她的 |
[27:43] | So you would drag Tara to a clinic | 所以你会把塔拉拉到诊所 |
[27:46] | and have this fetus forcibly removed? | 将胎儿强行流产吗 |
[27:54] | Withdrawn. | 撤回提问 |
[27:56] | No more questions. | 我问完了 |
[28:01] | I’ll have a ruling on the contract’s enforceability | 本席将在一小时内就合同的可履行性问题 |
[28:03] | within the hour. | 作出裁决 |
[28:26] | Yeah. | 请进 |
[28:27] | Uh, Cary, I have to be in court in ten minutes. | 凯里 我还有十分钟就要去开庭 |
[28:29] | What do you need? | 什么事 |
[28:32] | Are taking the managing partnership? | 你要做管理合伙人了吗 |
[28:36] | Where’d you hear that? | 你从哪里听来的 |
[28:37] | Is it true? | 是不是真的 |
[28:42] | Will offered it to me. | 威尔跟我提了 |
[28:43] | But it’s not a sure thing. | 但事情还没确定 |
[28:44] | And I don’t know even if I would take it. | 我也不知道到底要不要接受 |
[28:47] | But you’re considering it? | 但你已经在考虑了? |
[28:49] | Don’t you think that would’ve been | 你不觉得应该早点 |
[28:50] | a good thing to tell us? | 告诉我们吗 |
[28:52] | – It just happened. – Alicia. | -事情很突然 -艾丽西娅 |
[28:55] | Staying is a mistake. | 留下是个错误 |
[28:58] | You’ll always be under Will. | 你将永远是威尔的下属 |
[29:04] | You finally have a chance to get out from under him, take it. | 你终于有个机会与威尔平起平坐 别错过 |
[29:06] | – Managing partnership is not under him. – It is. | -管理合伙人就不算是他的下属了 -一样是 |
[29:10] | Why do you think he’s offering it to you? | 你觉得他为什么要提拔你 |
[29:12] | He wants someone he can influence. | 因为他想找个能支配的人 |
[29:14] | Someone that he knows. | 一个他知根知底的人 |
[29:15] | Okay, thanks, Cary. | 好了 谢谢 凯里 |
[29:17] | Alicia, this is your chance. | 艾丽西娅 机会难得 |
[29:19] | Take it. | 别错过 |
[29:21] | After much consideration– | 经过审慎考虑 |
[29:24] | actually, 30 minutes of consideration– | 其实 也就30分钟 |
[29:26] | I have concluded that control of one’s body is an absolute. | 本席认定个人对自身身体享有绝对控制权 |
[29:29] | This principle is enshrined | 宪法及法学界均认为 |
[29:32] | in our Constitution and jurisprudence. | 该项原则不可侵犯 |
[29:35] | Parties may not contract around it. | 双方当事人不得就此自行约定 |
[29:38] | A provision empowering the Isenstadts | 赋予伊恩斯塔德夫妇 |
[29:40] | to compel an abortion is an affront to public policy. | 强迫他人堕胎权利的条款有悖公序良俗 |
[29:44] | The application for specific performance is denied. | 故对该合同特定条款的有效性应予否认 |
[29:48] | Your Honor, my client moves for a declaratory judgment | 法官阁下 我方申请确认判决 |
[29:50] | that the contract has been breached. | 确认该合同已经违约 |
[29:52] | Excuse me, Your Honor. | 抱歉 法官阁下 |
[29:55] | By denying petitioners’ motion | 法庭通过驳回申请人 |
[29:56] | – for specific performance… – The court has ruled only | -关于履行特定义务的动议 -法庭只裁决 |
[29:58] | that the provision related to abortion is unenforceable. | 与堕胎有关的条款不具可履行性 |
[30:01] | Plaintiffs allege a number of other contractual breaches. | 原告还有一系列关于合同违约的主张 |
[30:04] | What a load of bunk. | 真是一派胡言 |
[30:05] | They’re trying to extort this lovely young mother-to-be | 他们是想把这位年轻可爱的准妈妈 |
[30:07] | into an abortion. | 歪曲成一个堕胎女孩 |
[30:11] | Gentlemen! | 先生们 |
[30:12] | No! | 别吵了 |
[30:14] | Mr. Schmidt, what breaches are you referring to? | 施密特先生 你所说的违约是指什么 |
[30:17] | The defendant failed to live up to various… | 被告未能履行多项… |
[30:20] | performance sections of the contract. | 合同所约定的义务 |
[30:22] | Oh, come on. Your Honor, if Mr. Schmidt’s clients | 得了吧 法官阁下 如果施密特先生的当事人 |
[30:24] | wish to bring a separate suit… | 想另行起诉… |
[30:26] | No, no. No need. In the interest of judicial economy, | 不 不必麻烦 为了节约司法资源 |
[30:30] | I will hear the motion for declaratory judgment. | 我可以审查关于确认判决的动议 |
[30:35] | They lost, right? What are they doing now? | 他们不是输了吗 这是在干嘛 |
[30:38] | Scorching the earth and poisoning the wells. | 这叫焦土策略 |
[30:52] | Hi, I’m, uh… I’m Cam. | 你好 我… 我叫凯姆 |
[30:54] | Is Grace here? | 格蕾丝在吗 |
[30:56] | She… | 她… |
[30:58] | Uh, I’m sorry, you’re…? | 抱歉 你叫… |
[31:00] | Cam. | 凯姆 |
[31:02] | You must be Mrs. Florrick. | 您一定是福瑞克太太 |
[31:04] | Uh, I-I told Grace I might swing by after dinner. | 我跟格蕾丝说的大概晚餐后来找她 |
[31:07] | – I’m, uh… I’m running a little late. – She’s out. | -我迟到了 -她不在家 |
[31:10] | Um, but maybe you’d like to come in and have a beer. | 不如你先进来坐坐喝杯啤酒 |
[31:14] | Yeah, that’d be great. | 那太好了 |
[31:15] | – Thanks. – Are you insane? | -谢谢 -你神经病啊 |
[31:17] | My daughter is 16 years old. | 我女儿才16岁 |
[31:19] | You do not come knocking at her door again. | 你不准再来找她 |
[31:21] | Do you understand, Cam? | 听懂了没有 凯姆 |
[31:23] | Now is the time to say “Yes.” | 现在就该回答”好的”了 |
[31:25] | Yes. | 好的 |
[31:26] | Good! | 很好 |
[31:27] | Express elevator is right behind you. | 高速电梯就在你背后 |
[31:30] | Turn around. | 向后转 |
[31:41] | Why does David Lee not trust you? | 为什么大卫·李不信任你 |
[31:44] | He thinks I’m doing what you’re doing. | 他觉得我会跟你一样 |
[31:47] | What am I doing? | 我怎么了 |
[31:48] | Leaving with Cary and the other fourth years. | 你要跟凯里和其他四年律师离开律所 |
[31:51] | Oh. Well… | 这个嘛 |
[31:54] | All right, I need help. | 好吧 我需要帮助 |
[31:55] | I think this doctor on the surrogacy case | 我觉得这个代孕案件的医生 |
[31:57] | has a drinking problem, but I need someone | 有酗酒的问题 但得找个 |
[32:00] | at the SA’s office to confirm rumors of a DUI. | 州检办的人确认下他是否真的酒驾 |
[32:02] | – Do you have suggestions? – Yes. | -你有什么建议吗 -有 |
[32:06] | – Can you tell me them? – No. | -能告诉我吗 -不能 |
[32:09] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[32:10] | Robyn, you’re leaving. | 罗宾 你要走了 |
[32:11] | Yeah. Well, so is Alicia, but you help her. | 没错 可艾丽西娅也要走了 你不是一样帮她 |
[32:15] | What? | 什么 |
[32:16] | So is Alicia, but you helped her on the death penalty case. | 艾丽西娅也要走了 但你还是帮她调查死刑案 |
[32:20] | Alicia’s leaving? | 艾丽西娅要走吗 |
[32:22] | Yeah, I thought you knew. | 是啊 我还以为你知道 |
[32:26] | What… | 怎么… |
[32:31] | She didn’t say anything. | 她完全没提过 |
[32:33] | Yeah. It’s supposed to be a secret. | 对 这本该是个秘密 |
[32:38] | Check with the clinic’s medical rep. | 去问问诊所的医药代表 |
[32:41] | They usually know all the doctor’s problems. | 这些医生的问题一般他们都知道 |
[32:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:49] | So, Eli tells me | 伊莱跟我说 |
[32:50] | you have a-a concern over my choice for the water board. | 你对我关于水利委员会的人选表示担心 |
[32:53] | I do. The problem is, sir, one of appearances. | 是的 这是一个姿态的问题 |
[32:56] | Appearances. Uh-huh. | 姿态的问题 |
[32:58] | So who would you choose? | 那你觉得谁合适 |
[32:59] | The current water board head. | 现任主席 |
[33:00] | Grabowski? He’s an idiot. | 瓜伯斯基 这家伙是个白痴 |
[33:02] | Well, I can’t speak to that, sir. | 这个我不好评论 先生 |
[33:04] | Continuity, of course, is to be valued. | 业务的连续性很重要 |
[33:06] | And there would be no hint of a conflict of interest. | 这样又可以避免产生利益冲突 |
[33:08] | Yes. So what you’re saying | 没错 所以你是说 |
[33:10] | is that you would hire someone second-rate | 你会因为二流人选 |
[33:12] | because they’re more ethical? | 更符合道德要求而选择他们吗 |
[33:13] | No, I’m just saying | 不 我只是说 |
[33:14] | that a conflict of interest is a matter of law, | 利益冲突是个法律问题 |
[33:16] | and second-rate is a matter of opinion. | 二流与否只是观点差异 |
[33:20] | Who do you like better, Hemingway or Dan Brown? | 海明威和丹·布朗 你比较喜欢谁 |
[33:22] | I’m not a good judge of literature, sir. | 我的文学修养很一般 先生 |
[33:25] | Uh, who’s Dan Brown? | 谁是丹·布朗 |
[33:27] | Da Vinci Code. | 《达芬奇密码》 |
[33:30] | Oh, okay. | 这本书啊 |
[33:31] | Well, I haven’t read it; I-I’ve seen it. | 我没读过 倒是见过 |
[33:32] | And I really like Tom Hanks. | 我挺喜欢汤姆·汉克斯 |
[33:34] | Who doesn’t? | 谁不喜欢他 |
[33:39] | Um, well, I don’t think I can take your advice, Marilyn. | 恐怕我不能采纳你的建议 玛丽莲 |
[33:42] | And I really do appreciate it, but I just… | 对你的建议我表示感激 但只是… |
[33:45] | can’t choose Dan Brown over Hemingway. | 我不能弃海明威而选丹·布朗 |
[33:47] | Well, thank you for listening to me, sir. | 谢谢您聆听我的建议 先生 |
[33:49] | Sure. | 不客气 |
[33:51] | And I’ll make sure I take a look at Da Vinci Code. | 我一定会读读《达芬奇密码》 |
[33:54] | Oh, don’t do it on my account. | 可千万别因为我去读 |
[33:55] | No. | 当然不是 |
[33:57] | I spent too many years in law school | 我多年来在法学院 |
[33:58] | with my eyes glued to LexisNexis. | 整天光盯着Lexisnexis看 |
[34:00] | I should… uh, probably broaden my horizons. | 也许我该拓宽下知识面了 |
[34:13] | Yes, I read the contract. | 是的 合同我看过 |
[34:14] | Could you please read the highlighted provision? | 你能念下那些勾出来的条款吗 |
[34:18] | “During the course of the pregnancy, | 在妊娠期间 |
[34:20] | the surrogate agrees | 代孕方同意 |
[34:21] | not to engage in any sexual activity | 不进行任何会对胎儿 |
[34:22] | that would constitute a risk to the fetus.” | 造成风险的性行为 |
[34:25] | How many sexual partners have you had since your pregnancy? | 你在妊娠期间有过几个性伴侣 |
[34:28] | Four, I guess. | 大概4个吧 |
[34:30] | But they always used a condom. | 但他们都用避孕套了 |
[34:31] | And did you and any of these upstanding gentlemen | 那你或这些正直的先生们 |
[34:34] | ever engage in a threesome? | 是否进行过3P呢 |
[34:35] | Objection, Your Honor. This is character assassination. | 反对 法官阁下 这是人格攻击 |
[34:38] | An orgy is a per se violation of her contractual commitment | 纵欲就是危险性行为 |
[34:42] | not to engage in risky sexual behavior. | 而这正违反了合同约定 |
[34:44] | Overruled. Ms. Bach, you may answer. | 反对无效 巴赫小姐 请回答 |
[34:46] | No, I never engaged in a threesome. | 不 我从没进行过3P |
[34:50] | It was her idea. | 是她的主意 |
[34:51] | The threesome was? | 你是说3P吗 |
[34:53] | Yes. Um, we were in this bar called Chesterfield’s, | 是的 当时我们在柴斯菲尔德酒吧 |
[34:57] | and she saw this guy with tattoos– | 她看见一个有纹身的人 |
[34:59] | Evan– and Tara said that we should bring him back to her place. | 名叫伊万 塔拉提议叫上他一起去她家 |
[35:03] | – And did you? – Yes. | -你们一起去了吗 -是的 |
[35:05] | Okay, that’s a lie. You’re a liar. | 这是谎话 你是个骗子 |
[35:06] | I haven’t seen you in a year. | 我们有一年没见面了 |
[35:07] | Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克夫人 |
[35:08] | if your client can’t restrain herself… | 若你的客户不能自律的话 |
[35:10] | I’m sorry, Your Honor. It won’t happen again. | 抱歉 法官大人 下次不会了 |
[35:15] | And what happened after you brought Evan back? | 你带伊万回来后发生了什么 |
[35:18] | Well, we double… | 我们同时 |
[35:22] | I mean, we had a threesome. | 我们进行了3P |
[35:24] | And did anyone use protection? | 有人采取保护措施了吗 |
[35:26] | Uh, no. None of us. | 不 都没有 |
[35:29] | It doesn’t matter if he was lying. | 他是否在撒谎根本无所谓 |
[35:30] | The judge believed him. | 法官相信他 |
[35:31] | So, what do we… | 那我们如何 |
[35:33] | What is going on? | 发生什么了 |
[35:36] | Mr. Florrick, it is so good to meet you. | 福瑞克先生 真高兴见到你 |
[35:39] | I’m David Lee, one of your earlier fans. | 我是大卫·李 你的忠实支持者 |
[35:41] | Alicia and I work together. | 艾丽西娅和我是同事 |
[35:43] | Oh, hello, Mr. Lee. How are you? | 李先生 你好吗 |
[35:44] | Good, good. | 很好 很好 |
[35:45] | You have quite a wife here. | 你的妻子很能干 |
[35:48] | What’s up, Peter? | 怎么了 彼得 |
[35:49] | Nothing. I, uh… I had a break. | 没事 我正好休息 |
[35:50] | I thought I’d come say hello. | 就想过来打个招呼 |
[35:52] | It was supposed to be a surprise. | 本来想给你个惊喜 |
[35:53] | A little difficult with the security detail. | 但摆脱不掉安保队伍 |
[35:55] | It’s still a surprise to us. | 这对我们来说仍然是个惊喜 |
[35:58] | Um, okay, excuse me. | 请借过一下 |
[36:00] | Um, I booked a suite in Wailea. | 我在瓦雷阿酒店订了一个套房 |
[36:02] | They have a package for renewing your vows. | 他们为重续结婚誓词提供全套服务 |
[36:05] | Um, Peter, I thought you said… | 彼得 我以为你说 |
[36:08] | I mean, I thought we had to wait until after the inauguration. | 我以为我们得等到就职典礼之后 |
[36:11] | I thought we did, too, but it will be | 我本来也这么想 |
[36:13] | just as difficult after the inauguration, | 但就职典礼后也一样难抽时间 |
[36:14] | so I think we should do it now. | 所以我们该现在就做 |
[36:16] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[36:19] | Nothing’s going on. | 没什么啊 |
[36:21] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[36:23] | I love you, too. I… | 我也爱你 我 |
[36:24] | I’m sorry to bother you, Mr. Florrick. | 抱歉打断你们 福瑞克先生 |
[36:25] | Alicia, the judge wants us back in. | 艾丽西娅 法官要我们回去 |
[36:28] | Your Honor, 30 minutes ago, | 法官大人 三十分钟前 |
[36:30] | Ms. Bach approached my client and offered | 巴赫小姐找到我的客户 |
[36:32] | to abort the fetus for $100,000. | 要求她支付十万美元的堕胎费 |
[36:34] | Judge, that is a preposterous lie. | 法官 这是个荒谬的谎言 |
[36:36] | It constitutes blackmail, Your Honor. | 这等同于敲诈 法官大人 |
[36:38] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[36:39] | You’ve ruled that my client has the right | 你已判定我的客户有权决定 |
[36:41] | to decide whether to have an abortion. | 是否堕胎 |
[36:42] | There’s nothing illegal about monetizing that right. | 通过行使该权利获取收益并不违法 |
[36:44] | So you’re saying that she made this offer? | 你是说她的确提出了这个提议 |
[36:47] | No, I’m saying, if she did make this offer– | 不 我是说即使她有此提议 |
[36:48] | and I have no knowledge that she did– | 尽管我完全不知情 |
[36:51] | she was merely using money as a carrot, | 她也只是把金钱当作回报 |
[36:53] | just as the Isenstadts used it as a stick. | 就同伊恩斯塔德夫妇夫妇把金钱当作要挟的武器 |
[36:55] | Judge, if tying the destruction of a fetus | 法官 若给钱才堕胎都不算敲诈 |
[36:57] | to the payment of money isn’t blackmail, nothing is. | 那么”敲诈”一词就不复存在了 |
[37:00] | Okay. I’ll hear from Ms. Bach | 好吧 明天我会第一个听取 |
[37:02] | on this question first thing tomorrow. | 巴赫小姐的证词 |
[37:03] | Judge, even if she were to make the offer, | 法官 即使她提出了此提议 |
[37:05] | it was nothing more than a permissible settlement negotiation | 也不过是民事案件中一次受到许可的 |
[37:08] | in a civil case. | 和解协商 |
[37:09] | Or a crime. | 或是犯罪 |
[37:10] | If I find your client’s committed one, | 如果我发现你的客户确实这么做了 |
[37:12] | I’ll refer her to the state’s attorney. | 我会把她交给州检察官处置 |
[37:21] | Mom, did you tell Cam to leave me alone? | 妈妈 你叫凯姆不要来骚扰我吗 |
[37:25] | Good morning, Grace. | 早上好 格蕾丝 |
[37:27] | Did you tell Cam to get lost? | 你叫凯姆滚开吗 |
[37:28] | You mean the man with the motorcycle helmet, | 你指那个带着摩托车头盔 |
[37:31] | the man who came to my door, who wanted to come in | 敲我的家门 想进来 |
[37:33] | and have a beer and wait for you? | 边喝酒边等你的男人吗 |
[37:34] | Mom, he’s my pastor. | 妈妈 他是我的牧师 |
[37:37] | He’s the head of Campus Faith. | 他是”校园信仰”的负责人 |
[37:40] | He was supposed to pick up some reading plans. | 他本该来拿我的阅读计划的 |
[37:42] | Okay… Grace, he didn’t look like a… | 好吧 格蕾丝 他看上去不像 |
[37:47] | I don’t know what he looked like, | 我不知道他看上去像什么 |
[37:48] | but just because they’re pastors doesn’t mean anything. | 但即使他们是牧师也不代表什么 |
[37:55] | Mom, what’s going on? | 妈妈 怎么了 |
[37:58] | I saw the Web site– the ten hottest daughters. | 我看到那个网站了 十大性感千金 |
[38:01] | – Zach showed you. – No, I forced him to show me. | -扎克给你看了 -不 我逼他的 |
[38:04] | Mom, that doesn’t mean anything. | 妈妈 那不代表什么 |
[38:06] | I’m not after all of that. | 我不在意那些 |
[38:08] | I know, honey, but boys are. | 我知道 亲爱的 但男孩们在意 |
[38:10] | – So? – So… | -所以呢 -所以 |
[38:12] | you’re dressing differently. | 你的穿着打扮变了 |
[38:14] | You’re taking dresses from my closet. | 你从我的衣柜里拿裙子穿 |
[38:16] | You said I could. | 你自己同意的 |
[38:17] | I know, but, Grace, I’m your mom, and this… | 我知道 但格蕾丝 我是你妈妈 |
[38:20] | Mom… I want to be pretty. | 妈妈 我想变漂亮 |
[38:27] | Just let me be pretty. | 让我变漂亮吧 |
[38:30] | Oh, honey, you are pretty. | 亲爱的 你很漂亮 |
[38:34] | No, you have to say that. | 你是不得不这么说 |
[38:39] | I want other people to think that I’m pretty. | 我想别人觉得我漂亮 |
[38:50] | Did you tell my clients that you’d only have an abortion | 你是否告诉我的客户只有拿出十万美元 |
[38:52] | if they paid you $100,000? | 你才肯堕胎 |
[38:55] | No, I did not. | 不 我没有 |
[38:56] | If the court would please instruct the witness she’s under oath. | 请法庭提醒证人她已立誓 |
[38:58] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[38:59] | The witness has been sworn and is fully aware of that. | 证人很清楚她已立誓吐实 |
[39:04] | You are under oath, ma’am. | 你是立过誓的 女士 |
[39:09] | I might have said that $100,000… | 我可能说过十万美元 |
[39:12] | I was looking into the possibility that Dr. Tuft has a DUI. | 我在调查塔夫脱医生是否有酒驾记录 |
[39:15] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[39:16] | He doesn’t, but I was checking with his medical reps | 他没有 但我在和他的医疗代表核实时 |
[39:18] | and I did find out something else. | 找到了些别的东西 |
[39:22] | So, what do you have? | 那你找到了什么 |
[39:23] | As Dr. Tuft’s notes show, | 塔夫脱医生的笔记上显示 |
[39:25] | he cultured the embryo 48 hours prior to implantation. | 在栽培胚胎48小时后他才将其植入母体 |
[39:29] | Meaning there’s been a miscalculation of fetal age. | 意味着胚胎年龄计算错误了 |
[39:31] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[39:33] | We’re in the third trimester, Mr. Schmidt, | 我们已在妊娠期第三阶段了 施密特先生 |
[39:35] | meaning the fetus is viable. | 胚胎已经可存活了 |
[39:37] | Which means you won’t be able to pressure | 意味着你们无法强迫 |
[39:39] | our client to terminate. | 我们的客户终止妊娠 |
[39:52] | You’re selfish, Tara. | 塔拉 你真自私 |
[39:54] | It’d be one thing if you said I’m adopting him, | 若你说要收养他 那也情有可原 |
[39:57] | but you’re walking away. | 可你生完就撒手不管了 |
[39:58] | Remember what you said, Kathy, after the first sonogram? | 记得第一次做超声图后你说的吗 凯西 |
[40:02] | “Do everything you can to protect my baby” | “请尽你所能保护我的孩子” |
[40:05] | This isn’t protecting. | 这不是保护 |
[40:06] | It’s owning. | 这是占有 |
[40:07] | I’m keeping him alive. | 我努力让他存活 |
[40:08] | That’s the only way I know how to protect him. | 这是我保护他的唯一方式 |
[40:11] | Feel him kicking, Kathy. | 感受一下他的小蹬脚吧 凯西 |
[40:14] | Just feel him. | 感受他 |
[40:22] | No. | 不 |
[40:34] | It’s the final offer, Diane. | 这是最终报价 戴安 |
[40:36] | No, it’s the final offer when I accept it. | 不 我接受的那个才是最终报价 |
[40:43] | No. | 不 |
[40:45] | Howard, David, could you please give us a moment? | 霍华德 大卫 能先出去一下吗 |
[40:48] | We got a problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[40:49] | No, just something between Diane and myself. | 不 就是我和戴安之间的一些事 |
[40:54] | Alicia, you stay. | 艾丽西娅 你留下 |
[40:55] | I’m going to want you to run a change in the contract. | 我要你协助更改合同 |
[41:03] | What do you want? | 你要什么 |
[41:04] | More than this. | 高于这个价 |
[41:05] | No, this isn’t about money. | 不 这与钱无关 |
[41:09] | This is about us. | 与你我有关 |
[41:10] | So, what do you want from me? | 你想要我怎样 |
[41:15] | I put my life into this place. | 我为这里辛苦卖命 |
[41:20] | My whole life. | 全心全意 |
[41:21] | And it’s appreciated. | 我们都很感激 |
[41:22] | No, it’s not– | 不 |
[41:23] | not with ghouls like that shoving me out the door. | 和那群食尸鬼一起赶我走不叫感激 |
[41:25] | Well, I can’t negotiate appreciation. | 谈判桌上谈不了感激 |
[41:27] | That’s right. | 对 |
[41:30] | That’s why you’d better do it with money. | 所以你最好用钱来表示 |
[41:37] | And how much appreciation are you looking for, Your Honor? | 你想要多少感激 法官大人 |
[41:47] | I must have really hurt you… | 我一定深深伤害了你 |
[41:50] | to make you want to hurt me like this. | 让你想如此伤害我 |
[41:52] | That was the deal from the beginning, Diane, remember? | 戴安 我们一开始就约好了 记得吗 |
[41:56] | We work together until it’s not fun or profitable anymore. | 一起工作 直到丧失乐趣或者无利可图 |
[42:00] | Well, here we are. | 瞧瞧现在的我们 |
[42:02] | Are you having fun? | 你开心吗 |
[42:08] | Bump the package up by 20% and I’ll leave. | 再多百分之二十我就走 |
[42:12] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[42:13] | Then find another way. | 那就再想办法 |
[42:15] | I’ll be at home. | 我就在家等 |
[42:25] | She’ll come around. | 她会回心转意的 |
[42:28] | She knows she can’t be sworn in with a partnership dispute | 她知道自己不能带着合伙纠纷 |
[42:30] | hanging over her head. | 宣誓就职 |
[42:46] | We need to leave this week. | 我们这周就得走 |
[42:52] | You’re sure? | 你确定吗 |
[42:54] | Yes. | 确定 |