时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | No, you shut up! Shut the hell up! | 不 你闭嘴 给我闭嘴 |
[00:04] | I… okay, I am listening. What? What are you trying to say? | 好 我听着 你想说什么 |
[00:06] | Good. You listen to this, this is what I’m gonna tell you. | 很好 你听着 我要说的是 |
[00:08] | I can come to your house. | 我可以去你家 |
[00:09] | – I can come to your neighbors’ house. – You cannot! | -我可以去你邻居家 -不行 |
[00:11] | – I could come to your parents’ house… – Sir… | -我还可以去你父母家… -先生… |
[00:13] | and say that you welched on your debt. | 告诉他们你赖账 |
[00:14] | You know where my parents live? | 你知道我父母住在哪儿 |
[00:16] | You took out money and you’re not paying it. | 你拿了钱却不还 |
[00:17] | – I’ve paid every cent. – Yes, | -我已经分毫不少地还了 -是的 |
[00:18] | you should… I can do that, it is not illegal | 你应该… 我可以这么做 |
[00:20] | for me to do that. | 我这么做是不违法的 |
[00:21] | – You know why it’s not illegal? – No, it is illegal. | -你知道为什么不违法吗 -不 违法 |
[00:23] | No, no, I don’t think you understand, Maggie. | 不 我觉得你还是不懂 玛姬 |
[00:25] | No, I do understand. I don’t think that you… | 我懂 你不能… |
[00:27] | I have your Social Security number, Maggie. | 我知道你的社保号 玛姬 |
[00:30] | – I have your e-mail. – I paid my b… my… | -我有你的邮箱 -我付了… |
[00:31] | I can ruin your life. – I paid my debts ok, | 我可以毁了你的生活 -我已经还请了 |
[00:34] | I paid every single cent! | 一分都不少 |
[00:36] | – Maggie, you’re getting me angry. – See? They cashed it. | -玛姬你气死我了 -你看 他们已经兑现了 |
[00:37] | – I-I deal with liars all day. – What? | -我每天都在跟骗子们打交道 -什么 |
[00:40] | And I thought you weren’t one of them. | 但我觉得你不是个骗子 |
[00:42] | I have paid you $8,900… | 我已经付了八千九百美元… |
[00:45] | You have not, Maggie, and I’m gonna come to your house | 你没有 玛姬 我会去你家 |
[00:48] | and I’m gonna knock on your door. And then I’m gonna knock | 我会去敲你们家的门 然后我还会去 |
[00:50] | – on your neighbor’s door. – That… no… | -敲你邻居家的门 -不… |
[00:52] | – You can’t do that. – And I’m gonna say you welched. | -你不能这么做 -我会告诉他们你赖账 |
[00:53] | Maggie, you took out a student loan and you didn’t repay. | 玛姬 你拿了助学贷款却不还 |
[00:56] | I can do anything I damn please! | 我想做什么就能做什么 |
[00:58] | – I already paid you, sir! – I can garnish your wages. | -我已经还清了 -我可以扣押你的工资 |
[01:00] | – I can call you at work! – I have paid you. | -我可以打去你公司 -我还了 |
[01:03] | I already paid you! | 我已经还给你了 |
[01:04] | Look, when you stop lying, Maggie, | 等你不撒谎了 玛姬 |
[01:06] | – I paid. – and want to get serious, | -我还了 -想认真谈谈了 |
[01:07] | call extension 853, you got that? | 打853分机 知道了吗 |
[01:10] | Look, I paid! | 我已经还清了 |
[01:11] | – I already p… I paid! – 853. Until then, | -我已经还了 -853分机 在那之前 |
[01:12] | – don’t kill yourself, lady, by k… – Sir… | -别自杀 小姐… -先生… |
[01:14] | … by stepping in front of some train, okay? | 别跑到火车前面去 好吗 |
[01:16] | – Just pay your debts! – What?! | -还清你的债务 -什么 |
[01:20] | That was yesterday. That’s why I called Lucca. | 这是昨天的事 所以我打给了卢卡 |
[01:23] | She wants to stop the harassment. | 她想制止这种骚扰 |
[01:24] | – May I? – Yeah. Um, Maggie, | -能让我看一下吗 -行 玛姬 |
[01:25] | this is Jason Crouse, our investigator. | 这是杰森·克劳斯 我们的调查员 |
[01:28] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[01:29] | So– you know how much we charge, Maggie? | 你知道我们的收费标准吧 玛姬 |
[01:31] | Uh, yeah, Lucca said $150 an hour. | 知道 卢卡说每小时一百五十美元 |
[01:33] | It’s worth it if you can make him stop calling. | 如果能阻止他再打来 花这些钱是值得的 |
[01:36] | And this is A.P.Y. Collections? | 这是APY追讨公司的人 |
[01:38] | Yes. Uh, Bob Bondi. | 是的 鲍勃·邦迪 |
[01:40] | But I already complained to his manager | 我已经跟他的经理投诉过了 |
[01:41] | – and he won’t do anything. – Well, we can bring suit. | -但他不肯有所作为 -我们可以起诉他们 |
[01:43] | Often that’s enough to scare them off. | 通常这就能吓跑他们 |
[01:46] | But sometimes these places can be a bit intransigent. | 但有时这些机构不愿意妥协 |
[01:50] | And we would have to prepare for court. | 那我们就要准备上法庭了 |
[01:51] | I don’t have a lot of money. I mean, | 我钱不多 我是说 |
[01:53] | I’m still working temp jobs. | 我还只是临时工 |
[01:56] | I should have gone to law school, like you. | 我本该像你一样去上法学院的 |
[01:58] | Instead, I went to Colosseum– | 但我却去了克鲁斯曼… |
[02:00] | worst educational experience ever. | 这教育经历糟糕透了 |
[02:03] | But I can pay you a bit every month. | 但我可以分月付款 |
[02:04] | Bob Bondi, please. | 请接鲍勃·邦迪 |
[02:07] | Oh, you won’t get him at work. | 他上班的时候你找不到他的 |
[02:09] | I’m not calling him at work. | 我不是打去他公司的 |
[02:11] | Hi, is this Mrs. Bondi? | 请问是邦迪夫人吗 |
[02:12] | Hi. I work with your husband, do… | 您好 我是你先生的同事 |
[02:14] | do you mind getting him for me? | 你能让他来接下电话吗 |
[02:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:18] | Bob. Hey, how you doing? This is Jason. | 鲍勃 最近怎么样啊 我是杰森 |
[02:21] | No, I-I know you don’t know me. | 我知道你不认识我 |
[02:24] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[02:26] | Strangely enough, Bob, | 但奇怪的是 鲍勃 |
[02:28] | I know you. | 我认识你 |
[02:29] | – Wait, wait, who… – You live at | -等等 谁… -你住在 |
[02:31] | 1245 Rosalia Avenue, you have… | 罗萨莉娅大道1245号 你… |
[02:34] | Who is this? How do you know that? | 你是谁 你怎么知道这些的 |
[02:36] | This is Jason Crouse, Bob. | 我是杰森·克劳斯 鲍勃 |
[02:37] | I want you to focus. | 你给我认真听好 |
[02:38] | I know your Social Security number, | 我知道你的社保号 |
[02:40] | I know your address, | 知道你的住址 |
[02:42] | I know your neighbors’ names. | 我知道你邻居们的名字 |
[02:43] | How did you get this number? | 你怎么知道这个电话的 |
[02:44] | Here’s what I need you to do. | 我要你做的就是 |
[02:46] | I need you go into work today… | 你今天去上班… |
[02:47] | I’m calling the police– I don’t… I’m calling the police. | 我要报警了 我不…我要报警了 |
[02:49] | Okay. Go ahead. | 行 报吧 |
[02:50] | We’ll talk about your priors in California. | 我们来聊聊你在加利福尼亚的过往 |
[02:52] | My priors? What are you talking about? | 我的过往 你在说什么 |
[02:54] | Background, Bob. I am talking about your background. | 你的背景 鲍勃 我在说你的背景 |
[02:57] | I’m sure your boss would be interested to know. | 我想你老板应该很想知道这些吧 |
[02:59] | Neighbors might be, too. | 邻居们可能也想 |
[03:03] | Bob? | 鲍勃 |
[03:04] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[03:06] | I want you to lay off of Maggie… | 我要你停止骚扰玛姬… |
[03:09] | – Uh, Rossum. – Rossum. She paid her debt. | -罗苏姆 -罗苏姆 她已经还清债务了 |
[03:11] | I am looking at a cancelled check here that you guys cashed. | 我看到你们已经将付讫支票兑现了 |
[03:15] | The account is settled, Bob. | 账已经结清了 鲍勃 |
[03:17] | Look, look, I’ll try to get this straightened out, | 我会试着摆平这件事的 |
[03:19] | but it’s not just up to me, you got to know that. | 但这不是我说了算的 你得知道 |
[03:21] | Who’s it up to, Bob? | 谁说了算 鲍勃 |
[03:22] | My manager, Nelson Olstead. | 我的经理 尼尔森·奥斯特德 |
[03:24] | I only do what he says. | 他说什么我做什么 |
[03:26] | Okay. I’m gonna contact him. | 好 我会联系他的 |
[03:29] | Don’t call Maggie again, Bob. | 别再打给玛姬了 鲍勃 |
[03:33] | I know your number. | 我知道你的号码 |
[03:42] | I don’t think it’s over yet. I think they’re gonna | 我觉得这事还没完 我想他们会 |
[03:44] | just put someone else on her account. | 把其他人的欠款算在她头上 |
[03:47] | So we show ’em her cancelled check. | 把付讫支票拿给他们看不就行了 |
[03:49] | No. | 没用 |
[03:49] | My guess is A.P.Y. is charging her twice. | 我猜APY公司在对她重复收账 |
[03:52] | That, or they’re playing some sort of | 或者他们在用她的钱 |
[03:53] | a shell game with her money. | 使什么骗局 |
[03:55] | You can find out? | 你能查清楚吗 |
[03:56] | How many hours can I charge? | 我有几个计费工时 |
[03:58] | Four. | 四个 |
[03:59] | Okay. I will call you if it requires more. | 好的 如果要加时的话我再打给你 |
[04:07] | So, our first case, good. | 我们的第一个案子 不错 |
[04:11] | $150 an hour? | 一百五十美元一小时 |
[04:13] | I had to say something. | 我总得报个数吧 |
[04:15] | What is our price? | 我们怎么收费 |
[04:17] | $200 an hour. | 两百美元一小时 |
[04:18] | On the next one. | 下一个再这么收吧 |
[04:20] | I’d go higher than $200. | 我觉得两百都太少了 |
[04:22] | We need some working cash, mom. | 我们需要些周转资金 妈妈 |
[04:23] | I know. I’m doing my best. | 我知道 我已经尽力了 |
[04:26] | – A responsible governor. – What’s that? | -一个负责任的州长 -这是什么 |
[04:29] | – Dad. In Iowa. – I’m here because it’s the state | -爸爸在爱荷华州的采访 -我在这儿是因为 |
[04:30] | neighboring my own. | 它毗邻我管辖的州 |
[04:31] | And you’re saying this has nothing to do with running for president? | 你是说这跟你要竞选总统没有丝毫关系吗 |
[04:34] | No, what I’m saying is that at the moment I’not running. | 我想说的是 目前为止我还没参加竞选 |
[04:36] | But I do want to talk about pensions. | 但我的确想谈谈养老金的问题 |
[04:38] | As a responsible governor, | 作为一个尽责的州长 |
[04:40] | I think we have to start the conversation | 我想我们应该 |
[04:43] | about setting limits and rolling back pensions. | 从设定限度和降低养老金开始说起 |
[04:45] | Really? You’re sounding more like Marco Rubio. | 真的 你听起来更像马克罗·鲁比奥[代表共和党参选] |
[04:49] | I think we should stop sounding like a Democrat | 我觉得我们应该停止以民主党人 |
[04:52] | or a Republican | 或共和党人的身份来发声 |
[04:53] | and start sounding like Americans. | 而是多站在美国人民的角度上 |
[04:54] | I think that’s what Americans want. | 我想这才是美国人民所希望的 |
[04:55] | I think that’s what we need now. | 这是我们现在所需要的 |
[04:57] | The partisanship that’s going on | 这次选举中的党派偏见 |
[04:58] | in this election is killing us. | 会让我们走向灭亡 |
[05:03] | So did you have trouble getting your desk in here, Dad? | 你把桌子搬进来的时候难不难 爸爸 |
[05:05] | Mm-hmm. Marissa, brightening up my day. | 梅丽莎 你点亮了我的生活 |
[05:07] | 即时新闻 彼得·福瑞克州长亲临爱荷华州立博览会 坚称不参选 | |
[05:08] | This has not been focus-grouped. This is simply what I believe. | 这还还没着重讨论过 只是我个人信念 |
[05:11] | But aren’t you just playing back-of-the-pack politics, Governor? | 但你是不是在玩争版面的把戏 州长 |
[05:14] | Saying something controversial and wild | 发表些有争议又大胆的言论 |
[05:16] | – to get press coverage? – Oh, my God. | -来博取媒体的曝光 -我的天 |
[05:17] | – What a disaster. – Well, I would not characterize | -简直糟透了 -我不会用 |
[05:19] | this as talking wild. | 大胆来形容这次发言 |
[05:20] | This is responsible fiscal accountability. | 这是对财政责信负责的态度 |
[05:23] | Look, the fact of the matter is is that unions have | 现在的实情是工会对 |
[05:25] | far too much control in this country. They are strangling… | 我国的控制太多了 他们扼住了… |
[05:29] | – Hey. – Dad, I love you, | -喂 -爸爸 我爱你 |
[05:30] | – but this is an intervention. – Give me the remote. | -但我要劝诫你了 -把遥控器给我 |
[05:32] | Peter chose Ruth over you. You have to let it go. | 彼得选择了鲁斯而不是你 你得放手 |
[05:35] | What are you talking about? This is my job. | 你在说什么 这是我的工作 |
[05:36] | No, this was your job. They fired you. | 不 这曾是你的工作 他们炒了你 |
[05:38] | What are you getting out of this? | 你留在这里有什么好处 |
[05:39] | I mean, besides this luxurious office? | 除了拥有这间「豪华」的办公室 |
[05:41] | I’m looking after Alicia. | 我要照顾艾丽西娅 |
[05:42] | This isn’t about Alicia. You’re getting back at Peter. | 这与艾丽西娅无关 你是要报复彼得 |
[05:44] | – What are you talking about? That makes no sense. – I know. | -你说什么 根本说不通 -我知道 |
[05:46] | And that’s why you need to leave. | 所以我才要你离开 |
[05:47] | You watched his interview, | 你看了他的采访 |
[05:49] | scoffing the whole way through, | 从头到尾嘲笑 |
[05:50] | but I don’t see you going in there to tell him what he did wrong. | 但我没见你去告诉他哪儿不对 |
[05:52] | He’s not here. He’s in Iowa. | 他人不在这里 他在爱荷华 |
[05:54] | Then call him. | 那打电话给他 |
[05:58] | Then let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[06:00] | Dad, you’ll get a new job. You’re desirable. | 爸爸 你会有新工作的 你很吃香 |
[06:05] | I’ve never been fired in my life. | 我这辈子都没被人炒过鱿鱼 |
[06:07] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:07] | And it hurts. I’ve been fired eight times. | 这很伤人 我被炒过八次 |
[06:10] | It doesn’t get easier. | 也没有让我更好受 |
[06:12] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[06:15] | Give me the remote. | 把遥控器给我 |
[06:17] | Ruth Eastman devised the strategy for that interview, | 鲁斯·伊斯曼改变了采访策略 |
[06:20] | and it makes Peter look like an idiot. | 让彼得看起来像个傻瓜 |
[06:21] | The press is gonna have a field day. I can’t leave | 媒体满载而归 我不能就这么离开 |
[06:24] | when there’s a chance that Peter will come to his senses | 也许彼得会终于醒悟 |
[06:26] | and realize Ruth is foisting a losing strategy on him. | 鲁斯在用赢不了的战略骗他 |
[06:29] | I love you. This is not healthy. | 我爱你 但这样的想法不健康 |
[06:32] | The remote, babe. | 遥控器 宝贝 |
[06:37] | Glad you came in. Please, please, sit. | 感谢你来 请 请坐 |
[06:38] | Thank you, Mr. Erickson. | 谢谢 艾利森先生 |
[06:40] | Ronnie’s fine. | 叫我罗尼就好了 |
[06:41] | Ronnie. Uh… | 罗尼 |
[06:44] | Well, I know you’ll be mostly interfacing with Howard, | 我清楚你一般都是与霍华德联络 |
[06:46] | but as one of the three partners at Lockhart/Agos, | 但作为洛&艾律所三个合伙人之一 |
[06:48] | I just wanted to personally welcome you. | 我就是想亲自来欢迎你 |
[06:49] | Well, thank you. And… | 谢谢 |
[06:51] | I understand you’ve been with the Food Service Union | 我明白你在食品和服务业公会 |
[06:53] | for 33 years. Food and Commercial Services. | -做了33年 -是食品和商业服务业 |
[06:56] | I… Oh, excuse me. | 我…抱歉 |
[06:58] | Oh, I do have to take this. Uh… | 我得接个电话 |
[07:00] | No, please. | 没事 请便 |
[07:38] | Did you tell Ronnie Erickson I went to prison? | 你告诉罗尼·艾利森我进过监狱 |
[07:40] | – Do you ever knock? – He’s acting like I’m a crook. | -你敲门了吗 -他看我跟看骗子一样 |
[07:42] | Did you tell him?! If the guy doesn’t | -你告诉他了吗 -如果一个人 |
[07:44] | take a shine to you, that’s your problem. | 不喜欢你 那是你的问题 |
[07:46] | – You crossed a line, Howard. – You can’t come barging in here | -你越界了 霍华德 -你不能就这么闯进来 |
[07:48] | – and accuse me of, what, truth-telling? – So you admit it. | -指责我…说真话 -这么说你承认了 |
[07:50] | – Since when is truth- telling a crime? – You… you want to talk, | -什么时候起说真话也有罪了 -你 你想谈 |
[07:52] | – how about you, now? – I’ll tell you what the problem is. | -你现在还要说什么 -我告诉你问题在哪儿 |
[07:54] | -You do zero, Howard. – I’m the guy that brings in… | -你什么都不干 霍华德 -我是那个带… |
[07:56] | You sit around with your pants down, literally! | 你坐那儿连裤子都不穿 |
[07:58] | Nelson Olstead. I’m the manager of A.P.Y. Collections. Hello. | 尼尔森·奥斯泰德 APY追讨公司经理 你好 |
[08:01] | Hey, thank you for meeting me. I’m with Avon-Isolade, | 你好 谢谢你见我 我在埃文·埃索雷工作 |
[08:03] | a debt brokerage out of Gary, Indiana. | 印第安纳州盖瑞市的一家债务经纪公司 |
[08:05] | – You want to buy my bad debt? – Come on, there’s no such thing | -你们想买我的坏账 -别这么说 世上没有 |
[08:07] | as bad debt. Just bad collectors. | 所谓真正的坏账 只有收不回的账 |
[08:09] | Let me ask you something, broker to broker. | 我有些问题问你 经纪人之间 |
[08:11] | You ever double dip any of these? | 你有重复追讨这些债务吗 |
[08:13] | No. There’s enough real debt. | 没有 真实的债务够多了 |
[08:14] | We don’t have to make it up. | 我们没必要虚构债务 |
[08:16] | I mean, debt collecting might not be glamorous, | 追讨债务或许不是很高大上 |
[08:17] | but it’s legit. At least the way I do it. | 但是合法的行当 至少我没违法 |
[08:19] | What about your other offices? What about Michigan? | 那其他地方的办事处呢 比如密歇根 |
[08:21] | We don’t have a Michigan office. | 我们在密歇根没有办事处 |
[08:25] | Then why do I have this canceled check out of Muskegon, Michigan? | 那为什么有这张密歇根州马斯基根市的兑现支票 |
[08:29] | I have no idea, but we don’t have any offices there. | 我不懂 但我们在那里没有办事处 |
[08:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:38] | The address you sent your checks to– | 你寄支票的地址 |
[08:40] | did it change recently? | 最近有变动过吗 |
[08:43] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[08:44] | This check– the-the most recent one. | 这张支票 最近的这张 |
[08:45] | How’d you know to send it to Michigan address? | 你怎么知道要寄到密歇根那个地址 |
[08:48] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[08:49] | Your last check was cashed at a Michigan bank. | 你最后一张支票在密歇根州兑现 |
[08:51] | There are no A.P.Y. Offices there. | 那里没有APY办事处 |
[08:54] | It was from a voice mail. | 地址是通过语音信箱留给我的 |
[08:57] | You still have it? | 你还留着吗 |
[08:59] | This is a courtesy message from A.P.Y. Collections. | 这是来自APY追讨公司的信息 |
[09:02] | We’re calling to let you know that the address | 我们来电通知 你的计划贷款 |
[09:04] | for remittance of your scheduled loan payments has changed. | 偿还汇款地址改变了 |
[09:07] | It’s not Bondi. | 这不是邦迪 |
[09:08] | Please send remittances | 请将汇款汇至 |
[09:09] | to 390 Deerhorn Park. Suite 777. | 鹿茸公园390号 777套房 |
[09:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:16] | Wait, that wasn’t A.P.Y.? | 等等 这不是APY吗 |
[09:17] | That was a scam artist. | 这是个骗子 |
[09:19] | He either hacked into the A.P.Y. Network | 他要么黑进了APY的网络 |
[09:21] | or he bought your records. | 要么就是买了你的信息 |
[09:23] | Collection agencies are wide open to abuse. | 追讨机构信息都很公开 |
[09:25] | – So her last payment was to the wrong person? – Yes. | -所以她最后的偿款汇给了错的人 -没错 |
[09:28] | Oh, my God, so I really do owe $8,000 to A.P.Y. Then, don’t I? | 我的天 所以我真的欠APY八千块吗 |
[09:33] | Yeah, legally. | 法律上说 是的 |
[09:34] | I… There’s got to be something I can do. | 我…肯定有办法解决吧 |
[09:36] | I-I can’t pay it again. | 我付不起第二次了 |
[09:40] | Can I make an argument here, Mom? | 我能说件事吗 妈妈 |
[09:42] | Yeah, sure. What’s up? | 可以 怎么了 |
[09:44] | Okay, the settlement you won for the Chagall painting– | 你赢夏加尔画作那个案子 |
[09:46] | your payout was $4,000 for 20 hours of work | 你的价钱是4000块20个小时 |
[09:49] | Right. | 没错 |
[09:50] | As opposed to $500,000 | 如果算抽成的话 |
[09:53] | if it had been on contingency. | 报酬可达五十万美元 |
[09:54] | Yes, but the rules on contingency | 对 但对遗嘱的酬金制 |
[09:57] | for probate are very strict. | 要求是非常严格的 |
[09:59] | It would’ve been almost the same as our hourly rate. | 最后很可能就跟小时计费差不多 |
[10:01] | Oh. Okay, well, I didn’t know that. | 好吧 我不懂那个 |
[10:04] | But on these other cases, can’t we start | 但在其他案子上 我们能不能 |
[10:06] | taking them on contingency? | 开始按酬金抽成 |
[10:07] | Sure, but the cases that come through the door | 可以 但那些上门的案子 |
[10:09] | are too small. We want the money up front. | 都不值多少钱 我们想快点挣到钱 |
[10:12] | Maybe we shouldn’t be taking such small cases. | 或许我们不该再接小案子了 |
[10:15] | Look, I want bigger cases too, Grace, | 我也想要更大的案子 格蕾丝 |
[10:17] | but we need to win the small ones to get the big ones. | 但我们得赢了小的才能争取大的 |
[10:19] | Is there any way to turn the smaller ones | 有什么办法能把小案子 |
[10:21] | into the bigger ones? | 变成大案子吗 |
[10:22] | Well, um, I don’t know how, | 我不知道怎么做 |
[10:25] | but that sounds good. | 但那听起来还不错 |
[10:27] | I’m just worried about our bills | 我只是担心我们的账单 |
[10:29] | I know. I am too, honey. | 我知道 我也是 亲爱的 |
[10:31] | But this is what starting out looks like. | 但创业就是这样 |
[10:38] | What? | 怎么了 |
[10:43] | Could you get me everything you can on Colosseum University? | 能帮我收集克鲁斯曼大学的所有相关资料吗 |
[10:46] | Sure. What’s that? | 当然 那是什么 |
[10:49] | It’s a for-profit school. | 一间营利性学校 |
[10:51] | It’s about to be sold. | 就快被出售了 |
[10:54] | Does that mean money? | 意思是有钱赚吗 |
[10:56] | It might. | 有可能 |
[10:59] | Well, I’ll get right on it. | 好 我马上办 |
[11:01] | – You admitted earlier. And now you’re pretending – Uh, okay. Listen up. | -你早先承认了 现在却又 -好了听我说 |
[11:04] | – you doing something to benefit this firm. – Come on. Sit down. | -假装对律所做了贡献 -别吵了 坐下 |
[11:05] | – …guilty of telling the truth. – Am I the only one who’s upset by this? | -说出真相而愧疚 -难道只有我不爽吗 |
[11:07] | Is Howard Lyman really what this firm is about now? | 难道现在律所就围着霍华德·莱曼一人转了吗 |
[11:09] | You better watch it, buddy boy. I am this close | 你最好小心点 臭小子 我只差这么一点 |
[11:11] | – to filing suit. – In order to sue somebody, | -就要起诉你了 -想起诉别人 |
[11:12] | – you’d have to know how. – There he goes again, | -你还是先学学怎么打官司吧 -他又来了 |
[11:14] | undercutting me with ageist comments. | 用年龄歧视言论攻击我 |
[11:16] | – Oh, all right. All right. – What?! | -好了好了 -什么 |
[11:16] | – Cary, can I have a word? – I am aggrieved, | -凯里 听我说好吗 -我受到了侵害 |
[11:19] | I tell you. I am aggrieved. | 听清楚 我受到了侵害 |
[11:21] | You have to stop with the ageist comments, Cary. | 你必须停止年龄歧视的言论 凯里 |
[11:25] | What?! | 什么 |
[11:26] | Are you seriously siding with him? | 你真要站他那边吗 |
[11:28] | Cary, you are not a member of a protected class. | 凯里 你不属于被保护阶层 |
[11:30] | – Howard is. – I want | -但霍华德属于 -我要求 |
[11:32] | – in-house mediation. – Howard, please. | -内部调解 -霍华德 别这样 |
[11:34] | I’ve consulted an attorney. | 我咨询了一位律师 |
[11:36] | Who, Alicia? | 谁 艾丽西娅吗 |
[11:37] | I know my rights pursuant to my partnership agreement. | 我知道依照合伙协议自己有哪些权利 |
[11:40] | And if you refuse, my only recourse is to sue. | 如果你拒绝 我就只能通过起诉来追偿了 |
[11:45] | We’re gonna keep trying | 我们会坚持不懈地 |
[11:46] | – to get your money back. – But it doesn’t look good. | -帮你把钱要回 -但情况不容乐观 |
[11:48] | But there might be a way to cancel out your debt entirely. | 不过有个办法或许能让你的债务一笔勾销 |
[11:51] | We’ve done some research on your university. | 我们调查了你的大学 |
[11:53] | They’ve been subject to dozens of complaints | 总检察长办公室一直以来 |
[11:56] | to the Attorney General’s office. | 收到了许多对他们的投诉 |
[11:57] | They’re a for-profit school. | 他们是间营利性学校 |
[11:58] | They treat education like a product. | 将教育视如产品 |
[12:00] | And based on what you’ve told us, it’s a defective product. | 而基于你的叙述 这属于缺陷产品 |
[12:03] | You borrowed $46,000 for an education | 你为了受教育借款四万六千美金 |
[12:06] | that didn’t yield a job. | 而你却没能因此找到工作 |
[12:07] | You want me to sue Colosseum? | 你们想要我起诉克鲁斯曼 |
[12:09] | We want you to let us sue Colosseum. | 我们想要你让我们起诉克鲁斯曼 |
[12:11] | They’re about to be acquired by a private equity firm out of Texas. | 他们快要被德克萨斯州一家私募股权公司收购 |
[12:15] | A lawsuit would have to be disclosed to the potential buyer, | 打官司定会被潜在买家知晓 |
[12:18] | and that could tank the deal. | 这一点足以助我们打赢 |
[12:19] | – Look, I can’t afford a big lawsuit. – We know. | -可我负担不起大官司 -我们知道 |
[12:22] | That’s why we’re going to take this on contingency. | 所以我们打算以风险代理接这个案子 |
[12:24] | You don’t pay anything. | 你一分钱都不用付 |
[12:25] | Our payment comes from the settlement. | 我们的报酬从和解金里扣 |
[12:29] | What do you say, Mags? | 你觉得呢 小玛 |
[12:32] | That’s a nifty theory there, counselors. | 那是狡辩理论 律师 |
[12:35] | It’s not a theory. It’s a fact. | 并非理论而是事实 |
[12:38] | Our client bought an education from you, | 我们的客户从你那儿买了教育产品 |
[12:40] | and it hasn’t done what you said it would. | 却没有收到你所承诺过的效果 |
[12:43] | Where did you go to school, Mrs. Florrick? | 你在哪儿上的大学 福瑞克夫人 |
[12:45] | Georgetown. | 乔治城 |
[12:47] | Did they teach you to read there? | 他们教你认字了吗 |
[12:50] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[12:53] | Our enrollment agreement. | 我们学校的入学合约 |
[12:55] | Your client signed one. | 你们的客户签过一份 |
[12:57] | And paragraph 23 is the… | 第二十三段的内容是… |
[13:00] | – An arbitration clause. – Oh, you can read. | -仲裁条款 -看来你识字嘛 |
[13:04] | It clearly states that any grievances must be settled | 该条款清楚说明任何问题都必须在 |
[13:06] | in arbitration and settled within 18 months of graduation. | 毕业后十八个月内提起仲裁并获得裁决 |
[13:11] | Your client graduated 17 months ago, | 你们的客户十七个月前毕的业 |
[13:15] | so you do the math. | 自己算算吧 |
[13:24] | Where is she?! Ruth! | 她人呢 鲁斯 |
[13:33] | Did you see this? | 你看这报道了吗 |
[13:56] | Well, then, who the hell is my constituency! | 那究竟谁他妈才是我的支持者 |
[13:58] | I mean, look at this! And this one! | 看看这个 还有这篇 |
[14:01] | – It’s a nightmare, Ruth! – It’s not, Governor. | -这是个噩梦 鲁斯 -它不是 州长 |
[14:03] | Foot in mouth disease! That’s what they’re saying! | 「胡言乱语病」 他们就是这么说的 |
[14:05] | This is all part of a strategy. | 这全是策略中的一部分 |
[14:07] | Ruth, don’t be ridiculous. This is a screw-up. | 鲁斯 别瞎说了 这根本就是胡搞 |
[14:10] | Calm down, sir. | 冷静 先生 |
[14:11] | Everything is under control. | 一切尽在掌握之中 |
[14:13] | Don’t be ridiculous. | 别胡扯了 |
[14:25] | Is everything all right? | 事情都还顺利吗 |
[14:26] | I was gonna show you this later, Mr. Governor. | 我本想晚些时候再给你看这个的 州长先生 |
[14:28] | After I got more information. | 等我获取更多消息以后 |
[14:30] | I saw the interview in Iowa. | 我看了你在爱荷华州的采访 |
[14:32] | Would you like to discuss it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[14:39] | Is this real? | 这是真的吗 |
[14:41] | As real as anything, sir. | 千真万确 先生 |
[14:43] | It’s from our internals. | 这是内部消息 |
[14:44] | Look, if there’s any way I can help… | 听着 如果有什么我能帮上忙的话… |
[14:47] | You’re in second place. | 你排名第二 |
[14:48] | And climbing. | 并且仍在上升 |
[14:52] | You’re not selling yourself to the press, Mr. Governor. | 你并非在向媒体推荐自己 州长先生 |
[14:54] | They won’t embrace you, anyway. | 反正他们也不会对你友好 |
[14:56] | We’re going right to the people. | 我们要直接面向民众 |
[14:58] | Yes, you’re saying controversial things. | 没错 你是说了一些争议言论 |
[15:00] | Yes, it’s the same strategy as the Republicans. | 没错 这一策略是与共和党人的相同 |
[15:02] | But it’s working, and you’re winning. | 可它起作用了 你胜券在握啊 |
[15:04] | Ruth, I am so sorry I flew off the handle. | 鲁斯 抱歉我对你大发雷霆 |
[15:07] | Terrific job! | 干得太好了 |
[15:09] | Each day’s an adventure. | 每一天都是一场冒险 |
[15:10] | Okay, now what’s next? | 好 下一步是什么 |
[15:12] | What we’re gonna do is keep pushing this anti-union message. | 我们要持续推动反工会信息 |
[15:15] | Next, we go to Illinois Management Coalitions… | 下一次我们去伊利诺伊州管理者联盟 |
[15:51] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[15:52] | Let me start by saying that this is not a courtroom | 首先声明 这不是法庭 |
[15:55] | and I am not a judge. | 我也不是法官 |
[15:56] | But in all ways, the decision here is final. | 但就各方面而言 在此做出的决定即最终决定 |
[15:59] | Arbitration takes the place of litigation. | 以仲裁代替诉讼 |
[16:02] | Mediation does not replace litigation. | 调解不能代替诉讼 |
[16:05] | It is an attempt to settle differences amicably, | 其宗旨在于友好地解决矛盾 |
[16:07] | which is in the best interests of the firm | 鉴于你们是本律所的合伙人 |
[16:09] | and in your own best interests, | 这既符合律所的最佳利益 |
[16:11] | since you are partners in this firm. | 也符合你们的最佳利益 |
[16:13] | Let’s go around the table first, and… | 大家先按就坐顺序 |
[16:16] | please share your names and your most embarrassing experience. | 介绍自己的名字和最尴尬的经历 |
[16:21] | That was a joke, people. | 开个玩笑 伙计们 |
[16:22] | Uh, you have my permission to lighten up. | 不必这么正襟危坐 放松点儿 |
[16:25] | Why don’t we start to my right. | 何不从我右手边开始呢 |
[16:27] | Lucca Quinn. Representing Maggie Rossum. | 卢卡·奎因 玛姬·罗苏姆的律师 |
[16:29] | Alicia Florrick. The same. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 也是玛姬·罗苏姆的律师 |
[16:31] | Carter Schmidt. | 卡特·施密特 |
[16:32] | Representing Colosseum University. | 克鲁斯曼大学的律师 |
[16:33] | Good. We got through that without an argument. | 很好 大家和平地相识了 |
[16:36] | We’re well on our way. | 一切进展顺利 |
[16:37] | I’m Geoffrey Solomon. I’ll be your spirit guide. | 我是杰弗里·所罗门 你们的精神领袖 |
[16:40] | We will hear evidence and follow the admissibility rules | 我们将听取证据并根据伊利诺伊州最高法院 |
[16:43] | as determined by Rule 90 | 90号法令 |
[16:44] | of the Illinois Supreme Court. | 决定采纳与否 |
[16:46] | So, counselors, call your first witness. | 律师 传唤第一位证人吧 |
[16:50] | Why does he get to go first? | 为什么他先开始 |
[16:51] | I’m doing it alphabetically. | 我按首字母顺序分得先后 |
[16:53] | Eh. Convenient. | 还真方便 |
[16:55] | Cary, what are your grievances? | 凯里 你有什么不满 |
[16:57] | How are you… aggrieved? | 你怎么…受到了侵害 |
[16:59] | He’s embarrassing in front of clients. | 他在客户面前让我难堪 |
[17:01] | That’s code for “Old.” | 这就是在说「老年人」 |
[17:04] | And he sticks his nose where it doesn’t belong. | 他多管闲事 |
[17:06] | That’s code for “Jewish.” | 这就是在说「犹太人」 |
[17:09] | You teach at Colosseum | 你在克鲁斯曼大学 |
[17:09] | in the dental hygienist program, Ms. Howe? | 教牙科保健课程对吗 豪女士 |
[17:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:12] | And what subject did you teach my client? | 你教我的当事人哪门课 |
[17:14] | Periodontics. | 牙周病学 |
[17:15] | Are you a periodontist? | 你是牙周病医师吗 |
[17:17] | No. I’m a dental hygienist. | 不 我是一个口腔保健师 |
[17:18] | A licensed dental hygienist? | 有口腔保健师的执照吗 |
[17:20] | Well, I was. I may have let my certification lapse. | 我原来有 但是它现在好像失效了 |
[17:23] | When? | 什么时候失效的 |
[17:25] | Uh, a couple years ago. | 几年前吧 |
[17:26] | 13 years ago, actually. | 准确的说 是十三年前 |
[17:28] | And you were never licensed in the state of Illinois. | 而且你从来没在伊利诺伊州注册过 |
[17:30] | I know this isn’t court, but I don’t think | 我知道这不是在法庭上 但是我觉得 |
[17:31] | – she can both ask and answer the questions. – Counselor. | -她这样又问又答也不好吧 -注意一下 |
[17:37] | How could my client have received an adequate education | 如果你不是一位注册的口腔保健师 |
[17:40] | if you’re not a licensed hygienist? | 如何保证我的当事人能够接受合格的教育呢 |
[17:42] | Because I’m a good teacher. | 因为我是一个好老师 |
[17:43] | All my students think so. | 我的学生都这么觉得 |
[17:45] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[17:47] | Where were you licensed? | 你原来是在哪注册的 |
[17:49] | Ohio. | 俄亥俄州 |
[17:50] | And dental anatomy doesn’t change | 牙齿的结构不会因为 |
[17:51] | when you cross state lines, does it? | 不同的州而改变 对吧 |
[17:54] | I don’t think so. | 当然不会 |
[17:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:57] | – Nothing further. – Ms. Howe, | -没有问题了 -豪女士 |
[17:58] | uh, this is a final exam you gave my client last year. | 这是一份你去年给我当事人的期末考试试卷 |
[18:03] | Can you please read the first question? | 你能看一下第一题吗 |
[18:09] | “What does the phrenic nerve innervate?” | 横膈神经支配哪个部分 |
[18:12] | What’s the answer to that? | 答案是什么 |
[18:19] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[18:20] | Oh, no. I-I think we could all benefit from that answer. | 驳回 我觉得她的回答对大家都有好处 |
[18:25] | The exam was multiple choice, | 这一题是选择题 |
[18:26] | and you’ve put a piece of tape over all the choices. | 而你用了一条磁带把选项都盖住了 |
[18:29] | Right. Uh, go ahead. Remove the tape. | 是的 请继续 把磁带拿开 |
[18:32] | We’ll wait. | 我们不着急 |
[18:35] | What’s the answer? | 答案是什么 |
[18:37] | A “A.” | |
[18:39] | No. Actually, it’s “D.” | 错 正确答案是D |
[18:46] | Geezer, | 怪老头 |
[18:47] | gargoyle, old fart, | 滴水兽 臭老头 |
[18:51] | Flaccido Domingo. | 弗拉西多·多明戈[谐音著名男高音多明戈] |
[18:53] | That one hurt especially, given my devotion to the opera. | 这个是最伤人的 考虑到我对歌剧的热爱 |
[18:56] | And, uh… and my sexual prowess. | 和我的性能力 |
[19:01] | And you would like this name-calling to stop? | 你希望这些取绰号的行为停止吗 |
[19:02] | Yes, I would. | 是的 |
[19:03] | I’ve spent 30 years in this business. | 我在这一行已经做了30年了 |
[19:05] | I think I deserve a little respect. | 我觉得起码还是要对我有点尊重吧 |
[19:06] | – Diane, do you have a minute? – And where are you going? | -戴安 出来一下 -你们去哪 |
[19:08] | – We just need a moment, Howard. – Objection. | -我们马上就好 霍华德 -反对 |
[19:09] | You cannot have an ex parte conversation | 你们不能在我们还在进行审讯的时候 |
[19:12] | in the middle of our trial. | 进行单方面的对话 |
[19:15] | You’re the one who called Howard an old geezer. | 是你叫霍华德怪老头的 |
[19:16] | – Okay. – I’m not the only one | -是的 -我不是唯一一个 |
[19:18] | guilty of a few indiscretions. | 言行不得体的人 |
[19:19] | Cary, please. We’re only going through this | 拜托 凯里 我们这样做的 |
[19:21] | to keep Howard from suing. | 唯一目的就是不希望霍华德提起诉讼 |
[19:23] | Are you sure you’re not hanging me out to dry? | 你确定你不是在让我难堪吗 |
[19:30] | I want your ex parte communication noted for the record. | 我希望你们的单方面谈话能够被记录在案 |
[19:34] | There is no record, Howard. We’re just trying to clear the air. | 没什么好记录的 我们只是在澄清一些误会 |
[19:37] | And I think we have accomplished that, | 而且我觉得问题已经解决了 |
[19:38] | I want to call a witness. | 我想要传唤一位证人 |
[19:40] | You can’t call a witness. This isn’t a hearing. | 你无权传唤证人 这不是听证会 |
[19:41] | I call Diane Lockhart to the stand. | 我要求戴安·洛克哈特出庭作证 |
[19:45] | Hello, Father. | 爸爸 你好 |
[19:47] | I want to run something by you, | 我有些话想跟你说 |
[19:48] | but I need your undivided attention. | 但我希望你能认真听 |
[19:52] | I’m thinking of taking pole dancing classes. | 我打算去上钢管舞课程 |
[19:54] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[19:55] | If it makes you happy, dear. | 你开心就好 宝贝 |
[19:56] | Do you know Eyal Naftali? | 你听说过埃亚勒·纳夫塔利吗 |
[20:00] | Is that a club? | 是个俱乐部吗 |
[20:00] | He’s the chief of staff to Israel’s communications minister. | 他是以色列交通部长的幕僚长 |
[20:04] | He wants to talk to you about running his campaign. | 他想和你谈谈关于帮助他竞选的事情 |
[20:07] | His campaign for what? | 他要竞选什么 |
[20:08] | The Knesset. | 以色列议会 |
[20:10] | And, in a few years, prime minister. | 然后 在几年之后 竞选总理 |
[20:12] | How do you know this? | 你是怎么知道这些的 |
[20:13] | I knew his daughter in the IDF. | 我认识他在以色列国防军的女儿 |
[20:14] | Her dad contacted me. | 她爸爸联系上了我 |
[20:16] | I see what you’re doing. | 我明白你在干什么了 |
[20:17] | I’m giving you the chance to make an impact, Dad. | 我是在给你一个制造「革变」时局的机会 |
[20:19] | It’s “Have” an impact, “Make” a difference. | 革变要用「获得」 改变才用「制造」 |
[20:22] | You want Netanyahu out, here’s your chance. | 你想要让内塔尼亚胡下台 这就是你的机会 |
[20:24] | Mr. Naftali is offering you twice as much as you’re making now. | 纳夫塔利先生会给你现在两倍的薪水 |
[20:27] | How do you know what I make? | 你怎么知道我现在挣多少钱 |
[20:28] | I’m a witch. | 因为我是个女巫 |
[20:30] | Talk to him, Dad. | 跟他谈谈吧 老爸 |
[20:32] | What do you have to lose? | 你又不会损失什么 |
[20:35] | 82% of Colosseum graduates find employment | 克鲁斯曼百分之82的毕业生 |
[20:39] | within a year of graduation. | 都在一年内找到了工作 |
[20:42] | What employment? | 什么样的工作 |
[20:46] | – What do you mean? – You said 82% | -什么意思 -你说82% |
[20:49] | find employment within a year of graduating. | 都在毕业后的一年内找到了工作 |
[20:52] | I’m just asking: what kind of employment | 我只想问一下 |
[20:54] | are we talking about here? | 到底找到的是什么样的工作 |
[20:56] | Professional employment? Fast food work? | 与专业对口的工作 还是在快餐店打工 |
[20:58] | – Temping, like Maggie? – Any employment. | -像玛姬那样的临时工 -任何工作 |
[21:00] | How many work less than 15 hours a week? | 有多少是一周工作不足15小时的 |
[21:02] | – I have no idea. – Well, we do. 33%. | -我不清楚 -我们清楚 三分之一 |
[21:05] | – How many work minimum wage jobs? – We run a high-risk, | -有多少是拿最低薪水的 -我们管理的 |
[21:08] | low-functioning population, miss. | 是一群高风险 低能力的人群 女士 |
[21:10] | Fifty-five percent. | 百分之55 |
[21:11] | Why don’t you put that in your brochure? | 你为什么不把这些写在宣传手册上 |
[21:13] | Let’s not badger, shall we? | 我们别纠缠这些了 好吗 |
[21:15] | The reality is the vast majority of Colosseum students end up | 真实的情况是大多数克鲁斯曼的学生在毕业后的 |
[21:18] | worse off than before they started. | 生活反而比他们来上学之前更糟 |
[21:20] | They wind up unemployable and saddled with massive debt. | 他们最终无法就业并且还背上了高额的贷款 |
[21:24] | Please, Your Honor, | 法官阁下 拜托 |
[21:24] | – do we need the speeches? – No, we don’t. | -我们需要听这些吗 -不需要 |
[21:26] | Counselor, is there a question here? | 律师 还有问题吗 |
[21:28] | – Nothing further. – President Stenborg, | -没有了 -斯滕堡校长 |
[21:30] | you make it sound like you don’t care | 你说的这些让人觉得 |
[21:31] | about the quality of the education. | 你好像根本不在乎教育的质量 |
[21:33] | – Is that true? – No. | -是这样吗 -不是 |
[21:35] | I care very much. | 我很在意教育的质量 |
[21:38] | But I also care about running a successful business. | 但我更在意的是如何把生意做好 |
[21:42] | – You supply a service. – Yes. | -你是在提供服务 -是的 |
[21:44] | Traditionally, higher education is a product | 传统意义上 高等教育 |
[21:47] | marketed only to the elite. | 是一项只为精英人群服务的产品 |
[21:49] | – And you’re making it available to the masses? – Exactly. | -而你是在把它推向大众 -没错 |
[21:52] | If we didn’t do it, these students would never get | 如果我们没有这样做的话 这些学生 |
[21:55] | into another institution. | 可能永远都不会有进入高校的机会 |
[21:56] | Do you mislead prospective students? | 你们是否误导了一些有希望的学生 |
[21:58] | No. We’re not allowed to. | 没有 那样的行为是被禁止的 |
[22:01] | We’re subject to the same laws every business must follow. | 我们遵守每一条相关的法律法规 |
[22:05] | Our customers get exactly | 我们的顾客们获得所有我们所承诺的东西 |
[22:07] | what they pay for, no more, no less. | 一样不多 一样不少 |
[22:10] | Okay, I think we can all agree that Colosseum is not Harvard. | 我觉得我们都可以接受克鲁斯曼不是哈佛这一事实 |
[22:13] | – Oh, that’s not what we’re claiming. – Yes, but you’re focusing | -我们不是这个意思 -但是你们一直 |
[22:15] | on the ways in which Colosseum | 把焦点放在克鲁斯曼 |
[22:17] | doesn’t measure up to traditional notions | 与传统高等教育 |
[22:19] | – of higher education. – No, we’re focusing on deceptive practices. | -有出入的地方 -不 焦点是欺诈行为 |
[22:22] | Then I’d suggest you stop presenting evidence | 那我建议你不要再举关于 |
[22:24] | on Colosseum being inadequate, | 克鲁斯曼办学不当的证据 |
[22:26] | and instead focus on the ways they actually lied | 而是去找一些他们实实在在 |
[22:30] | to their students. | 对学生们说的谎言作为证据 |
[22:50] | Can I help you? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[22:52] | Yeah. I was actually hoping | 我在想 如果这些办公室没人用的话 |
[22:54] | to rent out these offices, if they’re not occupied. | 我想租下它们 |
[22:57] | They’re open. Last occupant just used it as a mail drop, | 这些都闲着呢 之前有人把它当信箱用呢 |
[23:00] | and he took off a month ago. | 他一个月前走了 |
[23:02] | – How much square footage are you looking for? – Like 800, | -你大概需要多少平方英尺 -差不多八百 |
[23:04] | but I’d love to take a look. Jason Crouse. | 我想看一下 我是杰森·克劳斯 |
[23:07] | – I run a skip-tracer business. – Sure. Nice to meet you. | -我是搞追债的 -这样啊 见到你很高兴 |
[23:09] | Harrison Strode. | 我是哈里森·斯特楼德 |
[23:10] | I manage this location. | 我管这一片 |
[23:12] | A lot of people like the prestigious address. | 很多人都喜欢这个地址 比较出名 |
[23:16] | Ah, here we go. | 进来吧 |
[23:22] | Well, the size is right. | 大小正好 |
[23:25] | Would you mind getting those shades for me? | 能帮我开一下百叶窗吗 |
[23:26] | Sure. It’s $600 a month, | 没问题 六百美金一个月 |
[23:28] | with utilities. | 带设备 |
[23:29] | It’s Wi-Fi ready, | 已经有无线网了 |
[23:30] | and… the view is not bad. | 而且这边视野也不错 |
[23:36] | APY追讨公司 鹿角公园390号 777房 马斯基根 密西根州 49441 | |
[23:47] | 莫莉·塔夫 卡莱斯街1190号 芝加哥 伊利诺伊州 60604 | |
[23:55] | Alicia, how’s arbitration? | 艾丽西娅 仲裁怎么样了 |
[23:57] | Not good. You busy? | 不怎么样 你现在忙吗 |
[24:00] | Never. | 不忙 |
[24:00] | The arbiter needs some lies that Colosseum tells its students. | 仲裁人需要更多克鲁斯曼跟学生说的谎 |
[24:03] | Can you find something? | 你能找出些什么吗 |
[24:05] | Sure. What’s the time line? | 可以 什么时候要 |
[24:06] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[24:08] | All right. Let me see what I can do. | 好 我看看我能找到点什么 |
[24:10] | Great. Thanks. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[24:11] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[24:13] | – Surprise! – Marissa! | -惊喜吧 -梅丽莎 |
[24:16] | Hey, what’s up? | 最近可好 |
[24:18] | – It’s been a while. – I know. | -好久没见了 -我知道 |
[24:20] | Your office looks amazing. I can’t believe | 你的办公室看着真棒 我简直不敢相信 |
[24:21] | – you did this all without me. – I thought you were in Israel. | -我不在你自己全做完了 -我以为你在以色列呢 |
[24:24] | I was. Designing purses. Really cool. | 我去了一段 去设计钱包 很赞的 |
[24:27] | Leather and macrame. But then I got worried | 用皮革啊流苏啊什么的 但是后来我担心 |
[24:29] | my dad was having a nervous breakdown. | 我爸神经崩溃 |
[24:31] | – About what? You being away? – No. | -崩溃什么 因为你不在吗 -不是 |
[24:34] | Do you have any cereal? | 你有麦片吗 |
[24:35] | Sure. | 有 |
[24:41] | What was I saying? | 我说到哪了 |
[24:42] | – Your dad– you’re worried about him. – He’s having trouble | -你爸 你担心他 -他没办法 |
[24:44] | letting go. | 释然 |
[24:45] | Running Peter’s campaign was his life. | 他人生就在给彼得做选举工作 |
[24:48] | Well, he’s my chief of staff now. | 他现在是我的幕僚长了 |
[24:51] | I know. I heard. | 我知道 听说了 |
[24:52] | But… | 但是 |
[24:54] | you disapprove? | 你不赞同吗 |
[24:55] | No. I just… | 不是 我就是 |
[24:57] | you know… | 就是 |
[25:00] | You’re right, I don’t approve. | 你说的对 我不赞成 |
[25:01] | – Why? – He’s about to pass up | -为什么 -他要错失一个 |
[25:03] | an opportunity to run a campaign in Israel– | 去以色列管理选举的机会了 |
[25:05] | a big campaign– because of you. | 是个很大的选举 就因为你 |
[25:07] | Well, I never guilted Eli into anything– he wanted to stay. | 我从没让伊莱为愧疚而放弃什么 他想留下的 |
[25:10] | I know. And that’s why I’m hoping you’ll fire him. | 我知道 所以我希望你能解雇他 |
[25:14] | – Marissa… – That’s the only way he’ll move on. | -梅丽莎 -只有这样他才能向前看 |
[25:16] | Convince him you don’t want him. I know it’s hard on you. | 让他觉得你不想要他了 我知道这很难 |
[25:19] | Don’t do it for you, do it for him. | 别觉得这是为了你 这是为了他好 |
[25:22] | Please fire him. | 求求你解雇他吧 |
[25:33] | What are you looking to major in, Jason? | 你想主攻什么 杰森 |
[25:35] | I was thinking dental hygiene. | 我在考虑牙医 |
[25:37] | Are you guys accredited with the ADA? | 你们是经过美国牙医协会公信的吗 |
[25:39] | Uh, well, I’ll tell you the truth, right now we’re not. | 我实话实说吧 我们暂时没有 |
[25:41] | It’s pending, but… You don’t want to be a dental hygienist. | 正在申请 但是 你不会想学牙医的 |
[25:45] | I mean, come on, look at you, a guy like you? | 你看 像你这样的 |
[25:47] | You like cars? We got a great automotive tech program. | 你喜欢车吗 我们有很棒的汽车工程项目 |
[25:49] | Yeah? How do your graduates do in the workforce? | 你们的毕业生工作之后怎么样 |
[25:53] | Uh… uh, look, you know, I can show you the stats. | 我可以给你看看报表统计 |
[25:56] | We got time for that. But do you want to get some lunch? | 我们有时间看 不过你想吃个午饭吗 |
[26:00] | You know, let me, uh… let me think about it. | 让我 让我考虑一下吧 |
[26:03] | – Thank you. – Wait, Ja… | -谢谢 -等一下 杰… |
[26:06] | are you a vet? | 你是个老兵吗 |
[26:09] | – Yeah. – Why? | -是啊 -怎么了 |
[26:11] | ‘Cause I’m about to make your day. | 我会让你今天满意而归的 |
[26:13] | See, most of our students, they got to come up | 是这样 我们大部分学生 他们都要 |
[26:15] | with at least ten percent of the tuition out of pocket. | 自己掏最少百分之十的学费 |
[26:17] | But you, you get the golden ticket. | 但是你 你有可是有优待 |
[26:19] | You got, you got Federal loans, plus the G.I. Bill. | 你有联邦贷款 再加上美国军方教育项目 |
[26:23] | Let me show you. | 我给你看 |
[26:24] | All right. | 好的 |
[26:30] | You got something. | 你找到什么了 |
[26:36] | What? | 什么 |
[26:37] | 90-10 Ninety-ten. | |
[26:41] | I have no idea what that is. | 我完全不明白这是什么意思 |
[26:42] | You need to call this recruitment officer– | 你得联系招人的那个人 |
[26:45] | – Randy Duffield. – What’s his number? | -兰迪·达菲尔德 -他的电话是是多少 |
[26:47] | No. | 不是 |
[26:49] | Call him as your next witness. | 你要传唤他作为你的下一个证人 |
[26:52] | Mr. Duffield, can you please tell us about the 90/10 rule? | 达菲尔德先生 请你解释一下90/10准则 |
[26:56] | It is a Federal law that prohibits | 这是一个联邦法律条款 |
[26:59] | for-profit colleges from receiving more than | 用来禁止盈利学院收取学生 |
[27:01] | 90% of their revenues from student aid. | 超过助学金百分之九十的费用 |
[27:05] | And where does the other ten percent come from? | 剩下的百分之九十从哪里来 |
[27:07] | From the students themselves. Their own private funds. | 从学生那里来 他们自己的资金 |
[27:10] | But there’s a loophole, isn’t there? | 但是这有一个漏洞 对不对 |
[27:12] | I’m not sure what you mean. | 我不知道你的意思是什么 |
[27:13] | Veterans. G.I. Bill | 老兵的美国军方教育项目 |
[27:15] | and DOD Tuition Assistance– that can be counted | 和国防部的教育补助 这些钱可以 |
[27:17] | as private money on the ten percent side. | 看做是自己出的那百分之十 |
[27:20] | I’m… not sure where we’re going with this. | 我不明白你想由此说什么 |
[27:23] | Our client, Maggie Rossum, is a veteran. | 我的当事人 玛姬·罗苏姆 是一位老兵 |
[27:25] | So veterans can go to Colosseum for no money out of pocket. | 所以老兵可以不掏自己的一分钱进克鲁斯曼 |
[27:29] | Do you target veterans | 你是专找老兵 |
[27:30] | in order to take advantage of this 90/10 rule? | 以此来利用90/10准则吗 |
[27:33] | – No. – Really? | -不是 -真的吗 |
[27:35] | Did you receive this e-mail | 那你去年有没有收到 |
[27:36] | from Colosseum’s head of recruitment last year? | 克鲁斯曼招生主管的邮件 |
[27:39] | It suggests that you lure veterans | 邮件指示你从 |
[27:42] | from veteran hospitals and Wounded Warrior centers. | 老兵医院和受伤士兵中心诱骗老兵 |
[27:44] | Objection as to “Lure.” | 反对诱骗一词 |
[27:49] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[27:50] | Find another word for “Lure.” | 找一个「诱骗」的替代词 |
[27:53] | Persuade. | 劝说 |
[27:54] | Isn’t it a fact that you persuade | 你劝说贫穷 没有资格的申请者 |
[27:57] | poor, unqualified applicants | 去承担他们无法还清的贷款 |
[28:00] | to take out loans they can’t possibly repay? | 是这样吗 |
[28:03] | That’s just not true. | 不是这样的 |
[28:07] | Nothing further. | 没有更多问题了 |
[28:08] | Mr. Duffield, is Mrs. Florrick spinning your words? | 达菲尔德先生 福瑞克女士误传你的话了吗 |
[28:11] | Yes. | 对 |
[28:12] | You believe in what you do? Look, | 你相信你所做的事情吗 |
[28:13] | our students, they-they may not be the best and the brightest– | 我们的学生可能不是最好的 最聪明的 |
[28:17] | I’m sorry to say that, | 我很抱歉这么说 |
[28:18] | but it’s true– but it doesn’t mean | 但这是事实 但这并不是说 |
[28:20] | – that they don’t deserve a chance. – Thank you. | -他们不值得得到一个机会 -谢谢 |
[28:25] | I’d like to call Maggie Rossum. | 我要传唤玛姬·罗苏姆 |
[28:30] | Did you or did you not, Ms. Lockhart, | 洛克哈特女士 你有没有 |
[28:33] | suggest that I catheterize myself | 暗示我在不到一周前 |
[28:35] | at a client meeting which took place | 在这个房间里会见客户时 |
[28:37] | in this very room less than a week ago? | 给我自己插导尿管 |
[28:39] | You were getting up to go to the bathroom every five minutes, Howard. | 你当时每隔五分钟就去一次厕所 霍华德 |
[28:43] | Answer the question: yes or no? | 回答问题 是或不是 |
[28:44] | Howard, we all make jokes, including you, | 霍华德 我们都会开玩笑 你也会 |
[28:47] | – about everyone at the firm. – I’ll take that as a yes. | -拿这个律所里所有人开玩笑 -那就是是了 |
[28:49] | Cary gets made fun of for his youthful appearance. | 凯里还因为他长得嫩被开玩笑 |
[28:51] | Twerp, pimple, preschooler. | 蠢蛋 青春痘小生 幼儿园小弟弟 |
[28:53] | And we’ve all made fun of David Lee for… | 我们还开大卫·李的玩笑 |
[28:56] | well, you know. | 因为…你懂得 |
[28:57] | And I’ve heard you more than once joke | 我还听说过好多次 |
[28:58] | – about the pole stuck about Diane’s ass. – Excuse me? | -笑话戴安卡住 -什么 |
[29:01] | No. Come on, that… that’s different. | 不 别在意 那不一样 |
[29:03] | How is that different? | 怎么不一样了 |
[29:04] | I’m not talking about harmless ribbing. | 我说的可不是无害的玩笑 |
[29:10] | People… | 有人 |
[29:11] | pour prune juice in my coffee. | 在我咖啡里倒西梅汁 |
[29:14] | They leave adult diapers in my office. | 还在我办公室放成人尿裤 |
[29:16] | Oh, come on, Howard. | 不是吧 霍华德 |
[29:18] | What? They do. | 怎么 他们确实做了 |
[29:19] | No one is leaving adult diapers in your office, Howard. | 没人会把成人尿裤放你办公室 霍华德 |
[29:24] | I think he wants us to follow him. | 他应该是要我们跟他去 |
[29:31] | “Property of Howard Lyman.” | 霍华德·莱曼财产 |
[29:34] | Huh? | 看到了吧 |
[29:41] | And… | 还有 |
[29:43] | here’s a… | 这是 |
[29:45] | a bib… | 围嘴 |
[29:49] | …and a catheter. | 导尿管 |
[29:50] | I had nothing to do with that. | 不是我做的 |
[29:51] | But you’re creating the climate. | 但你创造了这种氛围 |
[29:53] | Well, it’s a diaper, Howard, | 纸尿裤而已 霍华德 |
[29:55] | it’s not a burning swastika. | 又不是燃烧的纳粹符 |
[29:56] | These young associates, they look up to you. | 这些年轻律师都尊敬你 |
[29:58] | They follow your cues, | 他们跟随你的暗示 |
[30:00] | and this is what they do. | 这就是他们的所作所为 |
[30:01] | They harass me. They… | 他们骚扰我 他们… |
[30:03] | they humiliate me. | 他们侮辱我 |
[30:08] | Howard, I am so sorry. | 霍华德 我真的很抱歉 |
[30:10] | And I want you to know we are gonna take meaningful steps | 我想告诉你 我们将采取实质的措施 |
[30:13] | to correct this ageist culture | 来纠正这种在无意识中 |
[30:15] | that we may have unwittingly fostered. | 形成的歧视老年人的企业文化 |
[30:21] | Would you consider yourself a good student, Ms. Rossum? | 你认为你自己是个好学生吗 罗苏姆女士 |
[30:23] | I don’t know. I… | 我不知道 |
[30:25] | I did my best. | 我尽全力了 |
[30:27] | Good. | 很好 |
[30:28] | That’s all any of us can hope for– | 我们所能指望的也只有 |
[30:31] | doing our best. | 尽全力 |
[30:33] | Now, in order to do your best, | 为了做到尽全力 |
[30:34] | you would need to show up for… | 你会需要去 |
[30:36] | classes, right? | 上课 对吧 |
[30:38] | Would you agree to that? | 你同意这点吗 |
[30:38] | – Well, that depends. – It does? | -那要看情况 -是吗 |
[30:40] | You think you can be a good student | 你认为即便你不去上课 |
[30:41] | even if you don’t show up for class? | 也算是个好学生吗 |
[30:43] | I would object to that, Mr. Solomon. | 我反对 所罗门先生 |
[30:45] | I understand why, but no. | 我知道你反对的原因 但反对无效 |
[30:48] | I think that you can be a good student in a lot of ways. | 我认为做好学生有很多途径 |
[30:50] | I understand why you would say that. | 我明白你为什么会这么说 |
[30:52] | According to your attendance records, | 根据你的出勤记录来看 |
[30:53] | you missed two-thirds of your classes. | 你有三分之二的课是缺勤的 |
[30:56] | Do you think that’s accurate, or… | 你认为这个记录对 |
[30:58] | do you think it’s wrong? | 还是不对 |
[31:03] | I had to work a lot to pay my bills. | 我得努力工作来付账单 |
[31:05] | What about books, the ones assigned for class? | 那课程布置要读的书呢 |
[31:07] | Did you… buy any? | 你买了吗 |
[31:10] | Did I buy any textbooks? | 我买了教科书吗 |
[31:12] | No, but I… | 没有 但我 |
[31:14] | So aside from tuition, | 所以除了学费 |
[31:15] | what did you spend all that student loan money on? | 你把剩余的助学贷款都花哪了 |
[31:18] | They told me I could use that money for living expenses. | 他们告诉我可以把钱用在生活开销上 |
[31:20] | Living expenses incurred while you weren’t | 你不买书不去上课 |
[31:22] | buying books or attending classes. | 产生的生活开销 |
[31:25] | Looks more like a defective user | 看上去更像是用户有缺陷 |
[31:26] | than a defective product. | 而不是产品的缺陷 |
[31:27] | – Objection! – Objection! | -反对 -反对 |
[31:29] | He made it sound really bad. | 他让事情看起来很糟糕 |
[31:31] | That’s because it is really bad, Maggie. | 那是因为确实很糟糕 玛姬 |
[31:34] | The credit card interest was eating me alive | 信用卡利息把我活生生吞了 |
[31:35] | paying off that card seemed like the smart thing to do. I… | 还信用卡欠款看上去更明智点 |
[31:38] | and it wasn’t illegal. | 那也不违法 |
[31:40] | Well, maybe not. | 也许是 |
[31:41] | But it still doesn’t look good. | 但还是不太好 |
[31:42] | Did I miss classes? Yes. | 我没去上课吗 是 |
[31:44] | But that’s because I was working two jobs. | 但那是因为我要打两份工 |
[31:46] | And I always got notes from somebody when I couldn’t make it. | 不能去上课时 我都会找别人拿笔记 |
[31:49] | – What about the books? – We’d get PDF versions, | -书呢 -我们会用PDF版本 |
[31:51] | print them out, pass them around. I mean… | 打印出来 大家传阅 |
[31:54] | we all tried to make the best of it, | 我们都充分利用资源 |
[31:55] | we really did. | 确实是这样 |
[31:58] | Who’s “we”? | 我们指谁 |
[31:59] | Um, my study group. | 我的学习小组 |
[32:01] | We’d just kind of share horror stories, | 我们会分享恐怖故事 |
[32:03] | you know, job tips, that kind of thing. | 工作小贴士这之类的东西 |
[32:05] | How many students? | 一共多少学生 |
[32:11] | Look, we just need | 我们只需 |
[32:11] | to enumerate ways Colosseum lied to you. | 列举克鲁斯曼欺骗你们的方式就行 |
[32:20] | We just need to wait. | 我们只需要等待 |
[32:24] | I see you’re running an adult day care now. | 你是在管理成人日托所啊 |
[32:26] | – You wanted to talk? – Yes. | -你有话说 -对 |
[32:35] | I’ll get right to the point, Eli. | 我直说了 伊莱 |
[32:37] | I just don’t trust you anymore. | 我就是不再信任你了 |
[32:41] | I need to be working with someone… | 我需要跟不一样的人 |
[32:43] | different… | 工作 |
[32:44] | someone who gets along with Ruth, | 一个跟鲁斯合得来的人 |
[32:46] | who has her confidence. | 对她有信心的人 |
[32:50] | Did Marissa talk to you? | 梅丽莎是不是找过你 |
[32:52] | No. | 没有 |
[32:54] | Eli… you have an ulterior motive here, | 伊莱 你别有用心 |
[32:57] | and you know it– you are using me. | 你自己也知道 你在利用我 |
[32:59] | Yes, but… you’re using me, too. | 是 但你也在利用我 |
[33:03] | I keep Ruth from messing with your life. | 我让鲁斯不去扰乱你的生活 |
[33:05] | Well, I can do that on my own. No, Eli. | 这个我自己也行 不 伊莱 |
[33:09] | I really appreciate everything you’ve done for me, | 我真的很感激你为我做的一切 |
[33:13] | but now… | 但现在 |
[33:15] | we need to part ways. | 我们得分开了 |
[33:19] | You’re serious? | 你是认真的 |
[33:21] | Yes. | 是 |
[33:23] | We both need a fresh start. | 我们都需要新开始 |
[33:25] | I know it won’t be easy, but… | 我知道不容易 但 |
[33:29] | it’s time. | 是时候了 |
[33:35] | Good-bye, Eli. | 再见 伊莱 |
[33:48] | No, I agree. | 不 我同意 |
[33:48] | – I think maybe a class action makes sense. – Wait. | -我认为也许集体诉讼会有用 -等等 |
[33:50] | I’m not sure if we have the wherewithal… | 我不确定我们是否有足够的资金 |
[33:52] | Actually, a class action isn’t possible here. | 其实 集体诉讼在这行不通 |
[33:55] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[33:56] | The enrollment agreement you signed. | 你们签署的入学协议 |
[33:59] | When you registered at Colosseum, | 你们在克鲁斯曼登记入学时 |
[34:01] | you signed a document | 你们签署了一份文件 |
[34:02] | saying you wouldn’t sue the school. | 写明了你们不会起诉学校 |
[34:04] | I signed a hundred pieces of paper. Are you serious?! | 我签了一百份文件 不是吧 |
[34:06] | We can really sign away our rights? | 我们真可以签署放弃自己的权利吗 |
[34:09] | Unfortunately, yeah, | 不幸的是 没错 |
[34:11] | legally, you can. | 法律上来说 你们可以 |
[34:12] | Okay, so the school can screw all of us, | 好吧 那么学校可以耍我们 |
[34:13] | and then trick us into not doing anything about it? | 还设计让我们不能做任何事来对付他们 |
[34:21] | A class action suit isn’t possible, but a debt strike is. | 集体诉讼是不行 但不偿还债务却可行 |
[34:26] | It’s already happening at another for-profit. | 另一家盈利学校已经发生这种事了 |
[34:28] | Corinthian College. | 柯林斯大学 |
[34:36] | This is a list of 350 Colosseum graduates | 这是350名准备集体拒绝还款 |
[34:39] | who are ready to default collectively | 并承担相应后果的350名 |
[34:41] | and suffer the consequences, | 克鲁斯曼毕业生名单 |
[34:43] | unless you intervene with the Department of Education | 除非你们与教育部 |
[34:45] | and the loan companies to settle their debts. | 和贷款机构交涉来解决他们的债务 |
[34:48] | Really? Getting desperate, are we? | 真的吗 无路可走了 是吗 |
[34:50] | It’s a debt strike. | 这是债务罢工 |
[34:51] | Let’s see how that will play with your resale value. | 看看这对你们的转售价值会有什么影响 |
[34:56] | Or you can settle. | 或者你们可以和解 |
[34:58] | We’re listening. | 我们听着呢 |
[35:05] | Okay, now I need everyone | 好了 我需要每人 |
[35:07] | to take the cotton balls in front of you. | 从你们面前的棉花球中拿一个 |
[35:11] | Pick one up, please. | 请拿一个 |
[35:12] | Just one. | 一个就行 |
[35:14] | Okay, | 好 |
[35:15] | now insert it into your right nostril, please. | 现在请把它塞到你的右鼻孔里 |
[35:20] | Good and tight. | 塞紧 |
[35:26] | Okay, now take the cardboard glasses… | 好了 现在拿起纸板眼镜 |
[35:29] | Look at him. He’s enjoying himself. | 看看他 他还挺享受的 |
[35:32] | They’re coated with a diffused filter. | 它们覆盖了散光滤光镜 |
[35:35] | And put them over your eyes, please. | 请把它们戴上 |
[35:38] | Now take the kernels of corn. | 抓一些玉米粒 |
[35:40] | A handful will do. | 一把就够了 |
[35:42] | And put them in each shoe. | 再分别倒入两只鞋中 |
[35:45] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[35:47] | Sensitivity training. Let’s be sensitive. | 敏感性训练 我们得敏感一点 |
[35:50] | Ah, you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[35:52] | I think Howard planted those diapers, | 我觉得那些纸尿布是霍华德下的套 |
[35:54] | so we would have to do this. | 让我们不得不这样做 |
[35:55] | – Here we go. – Good. | -开始吧 -很好 |
[35:58] | Now I want everyone to walk. | 大家起来走动一下 |
[36:02] | And do something simple like tie your shoes. | 再做些绑鞋带那样的简单动作 |
[36:06] | Go. | 开始 |
[36:09] | It hurts. | 好痛 |
[36:10] | This is what it’s like to be 80 years old. | 八旬老人的生活就是这样 |
[36:14] | This is what it’s like to walk. | 走路就是如此难受 |
[36:17] | Isn’t that right, | 说得对吧 |
[36:18] | Howard? | 霍华德 |
[36:19] | Sometimes… every day is a struggle. | 有时…每天都是折磨 |
[36:23] | I’m sorry I take naps, but now you know why. | 有时我会打瞌睡 但你们现在懂了吧 |
[36:27] | All… all day, it hurts. | 没…没日没夜的痛 |
[36:30] | I think Howard could use all of your support right now. | 我想霍华德现在需要你们的支持 |
[36:37] | This is not happening. | 我一定是在做梦 |
[36:40] | I think unions do have a place. | 我认为工会相当重要 |
[36:42] | But if we’re gonna stay competitive | 但如果我们想在全球经济中 |
[36:45] | in a global economy, then, | 继续保持竞争力 那么 |
[36:46] | I think we have to look | 我想我们应该 |
[36:47] | beyond the standard management-labor paradigm. | 把眼光放在比标准劳动管理范例更宏大的目标上 |
[36:50] | Excuse me. Excuse me, guys. | 抱歉 抱歉 各位 |
[36:52] | Then you agree with your husband, Mrs. Florrick? | 你同意你丈夫的观点吗 福瑞克夫人 |
[36:55] | I do. | 同意 |
[36:56] | I think creative solutions are essential. | 创新的解决方法才是关键 |
[36:58] | – So you’re against unions? – No. | -所以你反对工会吗 -不 |
[37:00] | But I support my husband when he says | 但我支持我丈夫 |
[37:02] | he’s looking for new ways to avoid strikes. | 去寻求避免罢工的新方法 |
[37:05] | Then what do you think of your wife’s debt strike, Mr. Governor? | 那你怎么看待你夫人组织的债务罢工 州长先生 |
[37:08] | Mr. Governor, I think we have To get into the ballroom. | 州长先生 是时候去舞场了 |
[37:09] | Actually, you don’t. | 还没到时间 |
[37:10] | Your wife is organizing a debt strike | 你的夫人正为克鲁斯曼大学的学生 |
[37:12] | among the students at Colosseum University. | 组织一场债务罢工 |
[37:14] | – Well, I support my wife. – Even though she’s unionizing? | -我支持我夫人 -即便她采用工会的方式吗 |
[37:16] | I would rather look at the facts… | 我会把眼光聚焦在… |
[37:17] | You are organizing a strike, aren’t you, Mrs. Florrick? | 你在组织罢工 不是吗 福瑞克夫人 |
[37:21] | Unfortunately, attorney-client privilege prevents me | 抱歉 由于律师当事人保密协议 |
[37:22] | – from saying… – I think we’ve had enough here. | -我无法回答 -提问到此结束 |
[37:24] | Oh, it’s okay for your wife to strike, but not my union? | 所以你夫人组织罢工没问题 我的工会却不行吗 |
[37:28] | You gave Alicia the debt strike idea, didn’t you? | 是你让艾丽西娅罢工的 不是吗 |
[37:31] | You know Peter told me to keep a handle on the family, | 你知道彼得让我掌控他的家庭 |
[37:33] | and now we’ve got Alicia stirring up trouble | 现在又让艾丽西娅卷入一场 |
[37:34] | on an issue that’s no-win for the campaign! | 对竞选毫无益处的纷争中 |
[37:36] | – It’s not no-win for the campaign… – Peter can’t be saying | -才不是毫无益处… -彼得可不能 |
[37:38] | “Vote for me” in one breath, and “Don’t worry | 刚说完「为我投票」 接着又说 |
[37:40] | about paying back the federal government” in the next. | 「不用担心还钱给联邦政府的事」 |
[37:42] | Oh. You know, you’re right. I didn’t think of that. | 你说得对 我还没想到这一点 |
[37:45] | I guess he won’t want to choose between | 我想他不会想在离间工会 |
[37:46] | alienating the unions or business interests, either. | 和商业利益间做选择 |
[37:48] | You’re killing peter’s campaign! | 你毁了彼得的竞选 |
[37:50] | No, I’m not. I’m not running Peter’s campaign. | 不 又不是我在帮彼得竞选 |
[38:05] | Mr. Naftali, Eli Gold. | 纳夫塔利先生 我是伊莱·戈德 |
[38:07] | Oh, I’m-I’m so sorry. I didn’t realize | 抱歉 我没料到 |
[38:08] | it was so late with you there. | 你那儿已经这么晚了 |
[38:11] | I’ve given your offer a lot of thought, | 我考虑了很久您的邀约 |
[38:13] | And, uh, as tempting as it is… | 我的答复是… |
[38:17] | I’m gonna stay put. | 我要留在这里 |
[38:18] | 莫莉·塔弗 加莱街1190号 伊州芝加哥 60604 | |
[38:23] | Molly Tuff? | 莫莉·塔弗吗 |
[38:24] | Yes? | 是的 |
[38:25] | Colosseum class of 2013? | 克鲁斯曼2013届的学生吗 |
[38:27] | Yeah. Who are you? | 没错 你是哪位 |
[38:29] | I think this is yours. | 我想这是你的 |
[38:32] | It’s your payment on your student loan. | 是你偿还学生贷款的支票 |
[38:35] | How’d you get it? | 你怎么拿到的 |
[38:36] | From the person who scammed you. | 从骗你的人那儿拿回来的 |
[38:37] | I’m a private investigator. | 我是一名私家调查员 |
[38:38] | I have a client who fell for the same scam. | 有一名客户和你落入了同样的骗局 |
[38:40] | Sent her payment to that address, too. | 把她的支票也寄到了这个地址 |
[38:43] | I can’t believe you got it back. | 你居然帮我拿回来了 |
[38:44] | I never have luck like this. | 我从未有过如此好运 |
[38:48] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[38:49] | – What? – They just called yesterday with a new address. | -怎么了 -他们昨天才打电话来通知我新地址 |
[38:54] | Can I get that address from you? | 你能把地址写给我吗 |
[39:28] | Hello, jackass. | 你好啊 混账 |
[40:35] | Eli. Hi. | 伊莱 你好 |
[40:38] | I’m staying on. | 我决定留下来 |
[40:42] | Okay. Sounds good. | 好啊 听着不错呢 |
[40:51] | Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克夫人 |
[40:52] | I apologize if I’m interrupting. | 很抱歉我这样突然造访 |
[40:54] | What do you need, Mr. Schmidt? | 有事吗 施密特先生 |
[40:56] | Just to deliver this. Colosseum is suing | 我来送这个 克鲁斯曼要以 |
[40:59] | you and Lucca Quinn for tortious interference with contract. | 非法干预合同的罪名起诉你和卢卡·奎恩 |
[41:11] | – A judge will probably knock this down. – I don’t think so. | -法官会驳回此案吧 -我可不觉得 |
[41:14] | There’s a colorable argument that we crossed a line | 对方可以争论说当我们鼓励学生们 |
[41:16] | when we encouraged students not to pay back their debt. | 不偿还债务时 存在违法行为 |
[41:18] | We escalated, so, they escalated further, and now we need to… | 我们升级事态 他们就进一步 现在我们得 |
[41:21] | – Keep going. – No, I was gonna say deescalate. | -得再进一步 -不 我想说的是妥协 |
[41:24] | Lucca’s right. | 卢卡说得对 |
[41:25] | The debt strike is working. Colosseum stock is falling. | 债务罢工生效了 克鲁斯曼的股价正在下跌 |
[41:29] | Colosseum has not been willing to back down so far. | 克鲁斯曼是不会轻易妥协的 |
[41:33] | Not to us. | 对我们是这样 |
[41:35] | But what if it was someone they cared about even more, | 可如果是对方更在意的某个人 |
[41:37] | that was applying the pressure? | 给他们施加了压力呢 |
[41:39] | You don’t happen to know anything | 你们不是碰巧知道了 |
[41:41] | about this shareholder derivative suit | 我们正在被诉的 |
[41:43] | that’s been filed against us, do you? | 股东代表诉讼吧 |
[41:45] | Absolutely not, but… | 当然不是 但… |
[41:48] | If I had to guess, I’d say the theory is | 硬要我猜的话 我想大概是 |
[41:51] | that Colosseum’s predatory recruitment tactics | 克鲁斯曼的掠夺式招聘策略 |
[41:55] | fiduciary duty towards its shareholders. | 诚信义务 |
[41:59] | Am I right? | 我说对了吗 |
[42:01] | Uncanny. | 无可奉告 |
[42:02] | Just to recap, you’re now facing a debt strike | 总结一下 你们现在面临的债务罢工 |
[42:04] | which is destroying your not-very-good name, | 正在摧毁你们本就不怎么好的名声 |
[42:06] | a shareholder suit which could bankrupt you in court, | 而股东代表诉讼将在法庭上把你们告到破产 |
[42:09] | and if either continues, | 无论哪个案子继续下去 |
[42:10] | the feds are going to investigate and revoke | 你们都会被联邦调查局调查 |
[42:12] | your eligibility to receive funding. | 并被撤销集资资格 |
[42:16] | What do you want? | 你们想怎样 |
[42:26] | I’m sorry to bother you so late. | 抱歉这么晚还来打扰你 |
[42:28] | I-I just wanted to drop something off. | 我顺路来送点东西 |
[42:31] | – What is it? – Belongs to Maggie. | -这是什么 -玛姬的东西 |
[42:34] | Her $8,000? | 她那八千美元吗 |
[42:36] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[42:38] | From the scammer? | 骗子手里的吗 |
[42:39] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:40] | How did you do that? | 你怎么拿到的 |
[42:42] | I persuaded him. | 我说服他了 |
[42:45] | How? | 怎么说服的 |
[42:47] | By being persuasive. | 说服力十足地说服他了 |
[42:50] | You’re not gonna tell me, are you? | 你不打算说实话 是吧 |
[42:53] | I will tell you whatever you want to know. | 你想知道的我都会告诉你 |
[42:57] | I get to the end of the day, I’m so tired, sometimes I… | 我忙了一整天 特别累 有时我… |
[43:01] | can’t think straight. | 脑子不是很清晰 |
[43:02] | That is why I drink. | 这就是我喝酒的原因 |
[43:07] | What do you drink? | 你都喝什么酒 |