时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Miriam! | 米里亚姆 |
[00:09] | There’s a man on the phone. | 有男的打电话找你 |
[00:10] | What man? Who is it? | 什么男人 谁啊 |
[00:11] | A mean man, an angry man. | 嘴巴毒脾气暴的男人 |
[00:13] | He says if you’re not on the subway in ten minutes, | 他说你十分钟内不上地铁的话 |
[00:15] | – you’ll be late. – What time is it? | -就要迟到了 -几点了啊 |
[00:17] | “Get her ass on that fuckin’ subway!” | “妈的让她赶紧上地铁” |
[00:19] | And that’s one of the nicer things he said to me. | 这话都算他嘴巴干净的了 |
[00:20] | Tell him I’m coming. | 跟他说我来了 |
[00:22] | – What am I, your secretary? – I’m coming! | -我是你的秘书吗 -我这就来 |
[00:24] | – Who’s in the bathroom?! – And he thought I was a man. | -谁在厕所啊 -他还觉得我是男的 |
[00:26] | – Moishe, get out of the bathroom! – Why in the world | -莫伊舍 快出厕所 -怎么会有人 |
[00:28] | would he think I was a man? | 把我当成男人的 |
[00:30] | I’m coming, Susie, I’m coming! | 我来了 苏西 我来了 |
[00:32] | I will be on time, I promise! | 我会准时的 我保证 |
[00:33] | Susie? Who would name a boy Susie? | 苏西 谁给男的取名苏西啊 |
[00:37] | Hands! Elbow! Foot! | 手 手肘 脚 |
[00:39] | Lox? Hands! | 熏鲑鱼 手拿开 |
[00:45] | Go, go, go, go, go! | 冲冲冲 |
[00:46] | Excuse me! Coming through! | 抱歉 借过 |
[00:48] | Morning. | 早啊 |
[00:50] | – Right on time. – Told ya. | -刚好踩点 -我就说吧 |
[00:52] | – Morning, guys. – Hi, Irene. | -大家早 -艾琳早 |
[00:53] | Let’s get a mic check. | 快试音 |
[00:54] | Mic check. Uno, dos. Uno, dos. | 我试试 一二 一二[西语] |
[00:57] | Good for me, Dickie. | 没问题 迪基 |
[00:58] | Let’s do it. Take it from the top, Midge. | 开工吧 从头开始 米琪 |
[00:59] | – Housewife? – What else? | -主妇那条吗 -不然呢 |
[01:01] | Rolling. | 开录 |
[01:02] | “Paramus Ford has the best deals in town. | “帕拉默斯的福特车大减价啦 |
[01:05] | They’re so good that even I can understand the savings… | 优惠力度大到我都能搞懂 |
[01:08] | and I’m a woman!” | 我可是女人诶” |
[01:09] | Perfecto. Next. | 完美 下一条 |
[01:11] | “With its natural mildness and gorgeous aftertaste, | “自然温和的口感 唇间迷人的余味 |
[01:14] | more expectant mothers prefer Pall Mall cigarettes | 波迈香烟是准妈妈们的 |
[01:16] | over any other brand.” | 不二之选” |
[01:18] | – Can they prove that? – No idea. Next. | -有证据吗 -不知道 过 |
[01:20] | “Run to buy hosiery that never runs at B. Altman’s nylon sale. | “速来奥尔特曼百货 促销抢购不会勾丝的尼龙裤袜 |
[01:24] | Ends Thursday.” | 活动周四截止” |
[01:25] | I used to work at B. Altman. | 我在那工作过诶 |
[01:27] | Don’t care. Next. | 不关心 下一条 |
[01:29] | “Bell Brothers Shoes is opening a brand-new Staten Island location, | “贝尔兄弟鞋店的新分店将在斯塔滕岛开张 |
[01:33] | and we’re opening with a bang.” | 届时将盛大开幕” |
[01:35] | Holy fuck! | 我操 |
[01:36] | – Sorry. – No one told me about balloons. | -抱歉 -没人说会戳气球啊 |
[01:38] | That is seriously fucked up, Dickie! | 太过分了 迪基 |
[01:40] | A little warning next time! | 下次提醒下行吗 |
[01:41] | The big balloon next to her head wasn’t a tip-off? | 她脑瓜边放个大气球 还没料到吗 |
[01:43] | I’m gonna need a minute. | 我得歇一会 |
[01:44] | She’s gonna need a minute now, Dickie. | 她要缓缓了 迪基 |
[01:46] | This is very upsetting! | 搞什么啊 |
[01:47] | Jesus Christ, she’s so fragile. | 老天爷啊 她好娇嫩 |
[01:50] | – Great job. – Thank you, sir. | -很出色 -谢谢你 先生 |
[01:52] | Sign here. | 签这里 |
[01:53] | Got another housewife spot at 12:30, you interested? | 十二点半那场还缺个主妇 有兴趣吗 |
[01:55] | We’ll take it. Five bucks, we can retire now. | 接了 五元诶 可以退休了 |
[01:58] | This game is piecework. You do a lot, you make a lot. | 这一行按单计薪的 接得多赚得多 |
[02:00] | – Let’s go. – Later, guys. | -快走 -回见 |
[02:01] | See you at 12:30. And don’t be late! | 十二点半见 别迟到了 |
[02:04] | Come on. | 快点 |
[02:09] | Studio B! | B录音棚 |
[02:11] | Midge Maisel, here for her 9:00. | 米琪·麦瑟尔 九点的活 |
[02:12] | Nice and punctual. Here’s the script. | 很准时哦 稿子在这 |
[02:14] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 |
[02:15] | It’s a spot for a business in the Bronx. | 是布朗克斯一家公司的广告 |
[02:17] | – I’m playing a four-year-old girl? – Guess so. | -我演四岁小女孩啊 -是啊 |
[02:19] | Why didn’t you just get a four-year-old girl? | 干嘛不直接找四岁小女孩 |
[02:21] | They can’t read. Check the mic. | 她们不识字 快试音 |
[02:23] | One-two, one-two, I’m a little girl. | 一二 一二 我是小女森 |
[02:25] | There’s my next source of nightmares. | 我又一个噩梦之源 |
[02:27] | So it’s just you today. We fill in the dad part later. | 今天你录就行 爸爸的部分之后再补 |
[02:29] | – Got it. – Rolling. | -好的 -录制 |
[02:32] | “Look at that. I want it.” | “快看呀 我想要” |
[02:34] | Sounds good. Next line? | 不错 下一句 |
[02:36] | “It’s so big, Daddy.” Wait. | “好大呀 爹地” 等下 |
[02:39] | – What. – Is this pornography? | -咋了 -是黄片用的吗 |
[02:40] | – It’s not pornography. – Sounds like pornography. | -不是黄片 -听起来很黄 |
[02:42] | It’s not pornography. | 不是黄片的 |
[02:43] | Keep going, from the last line. | 接着上一句念 |
[02:45] | “It’s so big, Daddy. I want to lick it.” | “好大哦 爹地 我想舔一口” |
[02:49] | This is pornography. | 就是搞黄色 |
[02:49] | – Definitely pornography. – No, no, look, | -绝对黄色 -不不 是这样 |
[02:51] | she’s a kid out with her dad, | 这个女孩和爸爸出门 |
[02:53] | he’s buying her an ice cream bar. | 爸爸要给她买冰棒 |
[02:54] | – At a cathouse. – Not at a cathouse. | -在妓院买吧 -不是妓院 |
[02:56] | – This is pornography. – It’s not pornography! | -这很色情 -一点也不色 |
[03:00] | Hey, that’s my competition! | 喂 那是我对手啊 |
[03:01] | It’s piecework, Dickie. You do a lot, you make a lot. | 按单计薪嘛 迪基 接得多赚得多 |
[03:04] | 12:30, don’t forget. | 十二点半别忘了 |
[03:06] | – Hands. – Belt buckle. | -手 -皮带扣 |
[03:08] | – Breath. – Heel. | -口臭 -鞋跟 |
[03:09] | – Tuna fish? – Elbow. | -金枪鱼 -手肘 |
[03:11] | – Hat. – Cab? | -帽子 -打车吗 |
[03:13] | – Cab. – Fart. | -打车 -屁味 |
[03:15] | Hands. | 手拿开啊 |
[03:24] | – Hey, keep it running. – Wait for us. | -搞快点啊 -等着我们 |
[03:29] | “Soft and gentle, so comfortable, | “柔软温和的舒适触感 |
[03:32] | And so easy to carry. | 便于随身携带 |
[03:34] | A month’s supply fits easily into your purse. | 皮包轻松容下当月的量 |
[03:37] | So try Pursettes, ladies. | 姑娘们请购随心宝[棉条] |
[03:39] | No one will ever know who came to visit.” | 说不准哪个’亲戚’会来造访” |
[03:42] | Well done. | 非常好 |
[03:43] | – Thank you, Mrs. Maisel. – You’re very welcome. | -谢谢你 麦瑟尔夫人 -太客气了 |
[03:45] | – Thanks, Susie. – All I need is the check. | -谢谢苏西 -支票给我就好 |
[03:48] | The check? | 支票 |
[03:48] | I thought you understood how the compensation was gonna work. | 我以为你知道我们付薪的方式 |
[03:56] | – I’ll get the door. – I’ll get the door. | -我来开门 -我来开门 |
[03:59] | You told everybody these things were easy to carry. | 你不是词里嚷嚷着”便于随身携带”嘛 |
[04:03] | For the record, they said nothing about paying us in tampons. | 我澄清下 他们没跟我说过付棉条哈 |
[04:05] | A lifetime supply. | 够用一辈子了 |
[04:07] | Would they do this to a man, huh? | 他们会这样对男人吗 |
[04:08] | Would they pay him whatever a tampon equivalent is for a guy? | 会用棉条类似的东西来抵男人的薪水吗 |
[04:11] | Men don’t even have a tampon equivalent. Men suck. | 男人根本不需要类似的东西 傻逼男人 |
[04:13] | Got enough to get the Rockettes to menopause. | 都够火箭女郎舞蹈团用到绝经了 |
[04:15] | I’ll make it work. | 我有办法的 |
[04:16] | These things must have a street value. | 这玩意总能卖个价吧 |
[04:18] | You are not selling tampons on the street. | 你别在大街上卖棉条 |
[04:20] | I’ll do what I got to do. Downtown, driver. | 我也得混口饭啊 去市区 师傅 |
[04:22] | – I’m starving. – Sorry. | -饿死了 -对不起 |
[04:23] | – Food. – Later. | -吃饭 -再说 |
[04:28] | Look out! | 小心 |
[04:30] | Coming through. | 借过 |
[04:35] | Midge, this is Pete Drummond. | 米琪 这是皮特·德拉蒙德 |
[04:37] | He owns Pete’s Mortuary Services in Brooklyn, | 是布鲁克林区皮特殡仪馆的老板 |
[04:39] | and this is Mrs. Drummond. | 这是他的夫人 |
[04:40] | Nice to meet you, Mr. Drummond, Mrs. Drummond. | 幸会 德拉蒙德先生和夫人 |
[04:42] | – Likewise. – Nice to meet you. | -幸会 -很高兴认识你 |
[04:44] | Hey, I assume you’re past the point of needing these? | 你大概过了用棉条的年纪吧 |
[04:47] | Pete wrote the spot. | 皮特写的词 |
[04:48] | I’ll let him fill you in on what he’s looking for. | 让他给你讲讲感情基调 |
[04:50] | Wonderful. | 好的 |
[04:52] | It’s a husband and wife dealing with the death of a loved one. | 是一对夫妻在料理至亲的后事 |
[04:55] | It’s such a sensitive matter, | 这种事很让人感慨的 |
[04:57] | and the performances need to reflect that sensitivity. | 你们应该表现出其中的感慨 |
[05:00] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[05:01] | It’s the most sensitive matter there is. | 这是最触动人的事情了 |
[05:03] | – Let’s try one. – Rolling. | -试一条 -录制 |
[05:04] | Any time, guys. | 准备好就开始 |
[05:07] | “Dad’s dead.” | “爸死了” |
[05:09] | I am so sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:10] | This isn’t funny. | 这不好笑啊 |
[05:11] | I know, it just weirdly struck me as funny. | 对 我就笑点很奇怪 |
[05:14] | I’m so, so sorry. | 太抱歉了 |
[05:16] | – Shall we try it again, Midge? – Absolutely. | -再试一次吗 米琪 -当然 |
[05:19] | “Dad’s dead, and he was my hero.” | “爸死了 他可是我的英雄” |
[05:22] | “Mine, too. What do we do? It’s such a confusing time.” | “也是我的英雄 这下怎么办啊 太迷茫了” |
[05:26] | “Let’s call Pete’s Mortuary Services.” | “我们找皮特殡仪馆吧” |
[05:28] | “Good idea. They’ll have a slab for Dad.” | “好主意 那里会给爸留位置” |
[05:32] | I’m sorry, is this not supposed to be funny? | 抱歉 这真的不是搞笑的吗 |
[05:35] | It’s not supposed to be funny, Midge. | 不是在搞笑 米琪 |
[05:37] | It’s about a man who’s passed away. | 在说某个人去世了啊 |
[05:39] | I’m sorry. This is so disrespectful. | 抱歉 我太失礼了 |
[05:42] | I’m good. | 我可以的 |
[05:42] | Let’s try again. | 再来一次吧 |
[05:43] | Just take it from the last couple lines. | 接着后几句来 |
[05:45] | Still rolling. | 继续录制 |
[05:46] | “Let’s call Pete’s Mortuary Services.” | “我们找皮特殡仪馆吧” |
[05:48] | “Good idea. They’ll have a slab for Dad.” | “好主意 那里会给爸留位置” |
[05:51] | “And they’ll come to you, wherever you are.” | “不论你在哪 他们都提供上门服务” |
[05:54] | “It’s such a comfort to know that | “我们可以安心释怀 |
[05:55] | Dad will… rest in Pete’s.” | 爸会入’皮特’为安” |
[06:01] | Let’s take five. | 休息五分钟 |
[06:05] | Door, door, door, door, door, door, door. | 开门开门开门 |
[06:09] | “Ladies, stay fit and trim the easy way, with amphetamines, | “姑娘们 安非他命一下肚 |
[06:14] | the pleasantest way to reduce.” | 苗条快乐挡不住” |
[06:16] | And cut. Great job, Midge. | 卡 很棒 米琪 |
[06:18] | Hey, you got any? | 你有这药吗 |
[06:23] | – Food? – Food. | -吃饭吗 -吃 |
[06:28] | This week we’re on par to make about what we made last week, | 我们这周跟上周赚的差不多 |
[06:30] | – 35 bucks or so. – Not bad. | -35元左右 -还行 |
[06:32] | Gross. Net, food and cabs ate up half of that. | 那是毛收入 吃饭打车就花掉一半 |
[06:35] | What’re you looking at me for? You eat, too. | 你看我干嘛 你没吃吗 |
[06:37] | – No more cabs. – Susie. | -不打车了 -苏西 |
[06:38] | – They’re eating up our profits. – It was your idea to take a cab today. | -钱都坐没了 -今天打车是你提出的 |
[06:41] | And it was a bad idea. No more cabs. | 显然提得不对 别打车了 |
[06:44] | Without cabs, I show up looking gross and sweaty. | 不打车的话 我到场就油光满面 |
[06:46] | It’s fucking radio. | 这他妈是录音室 |
[06:47] | It doesn’t matter how you look. | 你啥样有屁关系 |
[06:48] | But I’ll feel bad, and if I feel bad, it’ll show up in my voice. | 但我就不舒服 声音也会不舒服 |
[06:52] | Okay, but we cannot lose money doing this. | 行吧 但不能倒贴钱吧 |
[06:54] | This is supposed to sustain us until we go back out on tour. | 回去巡演前要靠这个吃饭啊 |
[06:56] | Hopefully, that’ll be soon. | 希望能尽快复出 |
[06:58] | What a time for Shy Baldwin to get “Exhaustion.” | 夏伊·鲍德温可休养得够久的 |
[07:01] | The guy doesn’t even tie his own fucking shoes, | 妈的他连自己鞋带都不系 |
[07:03] | – how exhausted can he be? – I don’t know. | -有什么好累的 -不知道 |
[07:06] | Pressures of stardom, I guess. | 可能演艺圈的压力吧 |
[07:08] | It’s been two months. | 这都两个月了 |
[07:09] | He should be rested by now. | 该休息够了吧 |
[07:11] | We need ketchup. Be right back. | 去拿番茄酱 马上回来 |
[07:16] | Saturday, nickel on the Tigers, | 周六赛 五分押老虎队 |
[07:19] | a dime each on the Cards and the Reds. | 红雀和红人各押一毛 |
[07:21] | – Cards and the Reds? – Yeah. | -红雀和红人 -对 |
[07:22] | – You know they’re playing each other. – I know. | -你知道这两队是对手吧 -知道啊 |
[07:24] | You’re betting against yourself. | 你跟自己反着来啊 |
[07:26] | – I got a system. – Everyone’s got a system. | -我有策略的 -大家都有策略 |
[07:28] | Mine works. I got to go. | 我的能成 我要走了 |
[07:34] | – Come on. – What happened to the ketchup? | -走吧 -你拿的番茄酱呢 |
[07:36] | I changed my mind. Grab it to go. | 改主意了 拿上走 |
[07:43] | “Parker makes a girl-sized pen for my girl-sized hands.” | “派克笔 精致女孩用笔首选” |
[07:48] | Got it. | 过了 |
[07:50] | “The flowers at Fleishman’s are never droopy. | “弗莱希曼鲜花娇嫩欲滴 |
[07:52] | Trust me, she expects you to get fresh.” | 相信我 女孩希望收到最鲜的爱” |
[07:56] | Got it. | 过了 |
[07:58] | “Toffenetti’s is the cathedral of restaurants. | “特芬内蒂 餐厅圣堂 |
[08:01] | We’re famous for our ham.” | 火腿四海名扬” |
[08:04] | – Got it. – You’re done, Midge. | -过了 -收工了 米琪 |
[08:20] | We didn’t want to leave the theater. Nobody did. | 我们不想离开剧院 没人想 |
[08:23] | We floated home, like dandelions, | 我们像蒲公英般飘回家 |
[08:25] | just floating across the East River. | 在东河上方飘荡 |
[08:27] | – Morning, everyone. – Morning. | -早安各位 -早啊 |
[08:29] | We were just telling your parents | 刚在和你爸妈分享 |
[08:30] | about a wonderful show we saw last night. | 昨晚我们看的精彩演出 |
[08:33] | – Bye Bye Birdie. You seen it? – Heard of it. | -《欢乐今宵》你看过吗 -听说过 |
[08:35] | It’s spectacular, a masterpiece. | 太出色了 旷世杰作啊 |
[08:37] | So many wonderful melodies, | 好多美妙的旋律 |
[08:38] | and they just keep running through my head. | 就在我脑子里打转 |
[08:41] | *La-di-di, la-di-di-di, la-di-dah…* | *啦滴滴 啦滴滴 啦滴滴哒* |
[08:44] | I don’t think that’s one of them, | 好像没这个调吧 |
[08:45] | but it does have some nice tunes. | 但有的调子特好听 |
[08:47] | It sounds very nice. | 感觉很不错 |
[08:48] | – And that actress, Chita Rivera. – Oh, Moishe. | -那个女演员齐塔·里瓦拉 -莫伊舍 |
[08:52] | Good thing I wear my pants loose in the crotch. | 幸好我裤子穿得大哦 |
[08:54] | – Know what I mean? – Unfortunately. | -懂我意思吗 -我倒是不想懂 |
[08:56] | Probably not your cup of tea, though, right, Abe? Bye Bye Birdie? | 不过可能不对你口味吧 亚伯 《欢乐今宵》这种剧 |
[09:00] | I know nothing about the show, Moishe. | 我不了解这个剧 莫伊舍 |
[09:01] | Yes, but I know you, | 但我了解你 |
[09:03] | and I know you wouldn’t like Bye Bye Birdie | 我知道你不会喜欢《欢乐今宵》 |
[09:05] | because Bye Bye Birdie is entertaining. | 因为这剧很有意思 |
[09:07] | I know nothing about the show. | 我完全不了解 |
[09:08] | Well, it’s a masterpiece. | 总之是神作 |
[09:10] | I’m sure it’s a piece of something. | 反正就是个作品 |
[09:11] | Tonight, we go to a movie, | 今晚我们要去看电影 |
[09:12] | it’s supposed to be cute, Where The Boys Are. | 应该很好看 《男孩们在哪里》[1960年电影] |
[09:15] | I’ll tell you where the boys are. | 我告诉你”男孩们”在哪 |
[09:16] | Attached to the thing that was saluting Chita Rivera | 还沉浸于昨晚齐塔·里瓦拉的表演 |
[09:18] | in Bye Bye Birdie last night. | 向她”起立”致敬 |
[09:21] | You guys are hitting the town a lot these days. | 你们最近经常进城嘛 |
[09:23] | Well, it’s always nice to venture out, | 出去转转总是好的 |
[09:25] | while with the close quarters here. | 毕竟家里这么挤 |
[09:26] | We’ll be out of your hair soon, Moishe, I promise. | 我们很快就走 莫伊舍 我保证 |
[09:28] | I will be, too, Moishe, it really is just temporary. | 我也是 莫伊舍 真的是暂住 |
[09:30] | Look, we’re fine with what’s happening here. | 我们很开心你们在啊 |
[09:32] | We’re family, | 一家人嘛 |
[09:34] | but your father, he’s being stubborn. | 但你爸太固执了 |
[09:36] | I offered to put key money up for an apartment for them, | 我说帮他们付公寓的保证金 |
[09:38] | but he wouldn’t hear of it. | 他就是不愿意 |
[09:39] | We don’t need your money, Moishe. | 我们不需要你的钱 莫伊舍 |
[09:41] | You just fired your maid of 20 years | 跟你20年的女佣都被开了 |
[09:43] | and you cried when you did it. I saw you cry. | 你开的时候还哭了 我看见了 |
[09:45] | I don’t need your money | 我用不着你的钱 |
[09:46] | because I just completed my Abe and Rose “End of Days” calculations. | 因为我刚算完亚伯罗斯”截止日” |
[09:50] | Now that they’re done, we can find a place, | 结果算好了 我们找个住处 |
[09:52] | get Zelda back part-time, and we’ll be fine. | 雇塞尔达回来做兼职 我们没事的 |
[09:54] | I’m afraid to ask. | 我都不敢问 |
[09:55] | He’s worked so hard on this. Explain it, Abe. | 他算这个好用心 解释下 亚伯 |
[09:57] | It’s quite simple. | 很简单的 |
[09:58] | I’ve added up our projected pension and social security payments, | 我把预计养老金和社保金加总 |
[10:02] | matched them to our expenses, | 减去相应的开支 |
[10:04] | adjusted for inflation, | 调整通货膨胀因素 |
[10:06] | and calculated the numbers of years your mother and I get to live. | 然后算出我和你妈还能活多少年 |
[10:09] | Get to live? | 能活多久 |
[10:10] | – For me, it’s the age of 67. – But you’re 62, so… | -我是活到67岁 -你已经62了啊 |
[10:13] | – I have to die in five years. – This is morbid. | -我五年内必须死 -太离谱了 |
[10:16] | I get to live till I’m 69, | 我可以活到69岁 |
[10:17] | assuming I don’t get hit by a bus. | 前提是我没被车撞死 |
[10:19] | Now, obviously, if I die early, say at age 65, | 显然 我早死的话 比如65死了 |
[10:23] | then those two years can be added to your mother’s. | 多的两年就可以加到你妈头上 |
[10:25] | So I’ll get to live till I’m 71. | 然后我就可以活到71啦 |
[10:27] | Either which way, I need to be dead by 1965. | 不管怎样 我1965年前必须死 |
[10:30] | Need any help… | 可以帮你一把… |
[10:32] | *La-di-di, la-di-di-dah, La-di-di-dah…* | *啦滴滴 啦滴滴哒 啦滴滴哒* |
[10:37] | Third base line, fifth row. | 靠近三垒线 第五排 |
[10:39] | Best seats you’ve ever had. | 没坐过这么好的位置吧 |
[10:41] | – What did I do to deserve this? – What did you do? | -我这是积什么德了 -你积什么德 |
[10:43] | I was able to reach you after offering them | 其他六个人都拒绝我了 |
[10:45] | to six other people who turned me down. | 我才有机会把票送到你手上 |
[10:46] | I’m touched, really. | 好感动 真的 |
[10:49] | Hey, there he is. | 你在这呢 |
[10:50] | I heard you were camping here. | 听说你在这扎营了 |
[10:51] | – Just for the time being, Donny. – Time being? | -暂时而已 唐尼 -暂时吗 |
[10:53] | I heard two months. | 听说两个月了啊 |
[10:54] | But he’s at home all the time. | 但他经常在家的 |
[10:56] | For the kids. I’m there to put them to bed, | 看孩子 要哄他们睡觉 |
[10:58] | I am there when they wake up, | 他们醒来我也在身边 |
[10:59] | I am there for every meal, even snacks. | 每顿饭每顿零食我都陪着 |
[11:01] | It’s just when Imogene goes to bed, | 只是伊莫金上床睡觉后 |
[11:03] | I come here and go to bed. | 我到这里来睡 |
[11:04] | With Joel? That’s weird. | 和乔尔睡吗 好奇怪 |
[11:06] | Not in his bed. In that bed. | 不是一张床 我睡那张 |
[11:08] | With Ethan? That’s weirder. | 和伊森吗 更奇怪了 |
[11:09] | Not when Ethan’s here. | 伊森在的时候当然没有 |
[11:10] | When he’s here, I lay out fabric on the floor | 他在的时候 我在地上铺块布 |
[11:12] | and make a pillow out of bolts of cloth. | 然后拿布匹做枕头 |
[11:14] | – That’s weird, too. – I can’t keep explaining it, Donny. | -也很奇怪 -我不能继续解释了 唐尼 |
[11:16] | They’re gonna patch it up any day, Don. | 他们随时可能和好的 唐 |
[11:17] | – That’s the point. – Any day. | -这是重点 -对的 随时 |
[11:20] | I hope so ’cause it’s weird. | 希望如此啰 真的很奇怪 |
[11:22] | Got to pick up charcoal for our barbecue this weekend. | 我去拿这周烧烤要用的炭 |
[11:24] | – See you tonight, Joel. – Yeah, see you, Arch. | -晚上见 乔尔 -好的 阿奇 |
[11:27] | In case you were wondering, | 怕你还不懂 |
[11:28] | this is why you were my seventh call. | 这就是我第七个找你的原因 |
[11:31] | Uh, Joel. | 乔尔 |
[11:39] | – What happened? – He walked headfirst into the pipe. | -怎么了 -他一头撞上了水管 |
[11:41] | It was sitting there plain as day where it always is, | 管子跟往常一样 待在那么明显的地方 |
[11:43] | and he walked right into it. | 他就直接撞上了 |
[11:44] | – How hard you hit? – Am I dead? | -撞得有多重 -我死了吗 |
[11:46] | – No. – Then not hard enough. | -没有 -那就不够重 |
[11:48] | Come on, let’s stand you up. | 来吧 扶你起来 |
[11:49] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么也没干 |
[11:51] | – What? – The night she kicked me out. | -什么 -她把我赶出去那晚 |
[11:53] | You were there, I did nothing. | 你在的 我什么也没干 |
[11:54] | And not just ’cause you socked me in the face. | 虽然你把我打得鼻青脸肿 |
[11:56] | – I know, Arch. – I love her, Joel. | -我知道 阿奇 -我爱她 乔尔 |
[11:58] | I love Imogene so much. I miss her. | 我很爱伊莫金 我想她了 |
[12:00] | Well, have you told her? | 那你跟她说了吗 |
[12:02] | It’s so cold between us. I can’t. | 我们闹那么僵 我没法说 |
[12:03] | – It’ll change. – She was my first. | -会好的 -她是我初恋 |
[12:06] | – There’s never been anyone else. – Never? | -从来没和别人瞎混 -从没吗 |
[12:09] | – Never. – That’s weird. | -从没有 -奇怪了 |
[12:10] | Can you help in some way? | 你有没有点用 |
[12:11] | I’ll get some water. | 我去倒点水 |
[12:13] | – She’ll come around. – She won’t. | -她会想通的 -她不会 |
[12:14] | She will. She misses you,too. | 她会的 她也想你了 |
[12:16] | Did you talk to her? Did Midge? | 你跟她聊了吗 还是米琪聊了 |
[12:18] | No, but of course she does. | 没聊 但她肯定想你啊 |
[12:21] | – I’ll see you tonight. – See you tonight. | -今晚见 -今晚见 |
[12:23] | After I read the kids a story. | 给孩子读完故事后 |
[12:28] | I’ll make us some tea. | 我到时准备点茶 |
[12:44] | – Good morning. – Good morning. | -早 -早 |
[12:47] | Good morning. | 早 |
[12:49] | Good morning, Chester. | 早 切斯特 |
[12:50] | Sounded like you slept well. | 听起来你睡得不错啊 |
[12:52] | – Was I snoring? – Or asphyxiating. | -我有打鼾吗 -或者呼吸暂停 |
[12:54] | Either way, I liked it. | 不管哪个 我都喜欢 |
[12:56] | How would you like your eggs today, Chester? | 想吃什么蛋 切斯特 |
[12:59] | Raw. | 生吃 |
[13:00] | Okay, Jackie, first, | 好了 杰基 首先 |
[13:01] | how the fuck you figured subletting to another person | 你他妈怎么想的 我不在家 |
[13:04] | while I was gone was appropriate, | 你就分租给别人 |
[13:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:06] | Second, you sub-sublet to a guy who’s practically stalking me. | 其次 你还分租给一个跟踪我的人 |
[13:09] | He didn’t say he knew you. | 他没说他认识你啊 |
[13:11] | Thought it would be a deal breaker. Crisscross. | 本以为谈不成的 心意相通 |
[13:18] | Hello? | 喂 |
[13:19] | I’m excited. | 我很激动 |
[13:20] | Sophie, hi. | 苏菲 好啊 |
[13:21] | Not as excited as I was for that menage a trois | 没有跟文森特·普莱斯和艾索尔·摩曼[均为演员] |
[13:24] | with Vincent Price and Ethel Merman, but close. | 三人同居时那么激动 但差不多了 |
[13:27] | Lovely. | 行吧 |
[13:28] | – Open your door. – Open my door? | -打开你的门 -打开我的门 |
[13:29] | I’ve sent you a token. | 我给你送了礼物 |
[13:31] | Jackie, open the door. | 杰基 开门 |
[13:32] | I think you’ll like them. | 你会喜欢的 |
[13:33] | I hunted and hunted and finally found the perfect pair. | 我找啊找 终于找到了完美的一对 |
[13:36] | – Holy shit. – What is it? | -我了个去 -是什么 |
[13:39] | Fucking birds. | 鸟 |
[13:41] | We got the birds. | 收到鸟了 |
[13:42] | This is a no-pet household. | 这里不准养宠物 |
[13:44] | The birds sing, | 鸟儿的歌 |
[13:45] | as you have given me the gift of song. | 就好像你送给了我歌声 |
[13:48] | Allowing my voice to soar freely. | 让我的歌声自由翱翔 |
[13:52] | It really wasn’t necessary. | 没必要破费的 |
[13:53] | – It’s not fair if she gets to keep them. – I’ll deal with this. | -凭什么她能留下鸟 -我会处理的 |
[13:56] | Look, Chester had a cat, | 切斯特有只猫 |
[13:57] | but I wouldn’t allow it, | 但我不准养 |
[13:58] | and he couldn’t find someone to take it, | 他找不到人收养 |
[14:00] | so he had to drown it in the Hudson. | 所以他不得不把猫淹死在哈德逊河 |
[14:02] | Did you read Walter Winchell last night? | 你昨晚读沃尔特·温切尔的文章了吗 |
[14:04] | About the buzz surrounding Miss Julie? | 关于《朱莉小姐》的热议 |
[14:07] | No. Uh, that’s great. | 没 但很好啊 |
[14:09] | He said there’s buzz? | 他说有热议了吗 |
[14:11] | I don’t know why it took me this long to trod the boards again. | 我不懂 我怎么现在才再登舞台 |
[14:15] | You are the real thing, Sophie. You came through. | 你有真本事的 苏菲 你挺过来了 |
[14:17] | As did you, my little bird. | 你也是 我的小小鸟 |
[14:20] | I’ll see you at the opening, | 首演见 |
[14:21] | and we’ll take that bow together. | 我们一起向观众致谢 |
[14:24] | And by “We,” I mean me. | 我说的”我们” 就是我自己 |
[14:27] | See you at the opening. Bye. | 首演见 拜 |
[14:32] | I’m going to the opening of Miss Julie, too. | 我也要去《朱莉小姐》的首演 |
[14:35] | You fucking are not. | 滚你妈逼 |
[14:43] | *You’d be so nice to come home to* | *有你在家真是太好了* |
[14:51] | *You’d be so nice by the fire* | *有你陪坐壁炉旁惬意舒适* |
[14:58] | *While the breeze on high* | *微风和煦高空轻舞* |
[15:02] | *Sang a lullaby* | *唱起那摇篮曲* |
[15:06] | *You’d be all…* | *你会…* |
[15:08] | Oh, look at that. | 你看啊 |
[15:09] | – What. – There, on the floor. | -什么 -那 地上 |
[15:12] | – Is that a dollar? – I think it is. | -一元钱吗 -是的吧 |
[15:14] | You don’t see that every day. | 你之前可不会注意这个 |
[15:15] | Poor sap’s gonna miss it when he realizes he doesn’t have it. | 当人意识到自己没有时 才会想念 |
[15:18] | I don’t know, it’s only a dollar. | 不知道 才一块钱 |
[15:19] | Yeah, it’s only a dollar. | 嗯 也就一块钱 |
[15:44] | 59th Street… | 第59街 |
[15:45] | This is me. See you back at the asylum. | 我到了 收容所[莫伊舍家]见 |
[15:49] | Hurry, before the door closes. | 快 门要关了 |
[16:05] | Your tea, Mrs. Weissman, | 你的茶 维斯曼夫人 |
[16:08] | and an apricot rugelach on the house. | 送你一个杏桃可颂 |
[16:10] | You remembered. Thank you, Darla. | 你记得我爱吃 谢谢 黛拉 |
[16:12] | You’re not in as much as before, Mrs. Weissman. | 你最近没那么常来了 维斯曼夫人 |
[16:14] | Yes, well, we decided to give up our apartment. | 嗯 我们决定放弃公寓 |
[16:17] | So big, so drafty. | 太大太通风 |
[16:19] | So now we’re in a wonderful house in Forest Hills. | 我们现在住森林小丘超棒的别墅里 |
[16:22] | Do you know it? | 你知道吗 |
[16:23] | That’s Queens, isn’t it? | 皇后区 对吗 |
[16:25] | Yes, it’s Queens. | 是的 皇后区 |
[16:27] | Here, Darla. | 给 黛拉 |
[16:29] | I’ll pay now, so you can go about your tasks. | 我先结账 你继续忙 |
[16:33] | – I’ll bring your change. – Thank you. | -给你找零 -谢谢 |
[16:36] | Rose Weissman? Such a stranger. | 罗斯·维斯曼 好久不见 |
[16:39] | Oh, hello, Corinne. How are you? | 你好 科琳恩 你好吗 |
[16:40] | I’m well. And you? | 我很好 你呢 |
[16:42] | Astrid had her baby. | 我媳妇生了 |
[16:44] | – Boy or girl? – His bris is tomorrow. | -男孩女孩 -明天割礼 |
[16:46] | Mazel tov. | 恭喜 |
[16:47] | When was the last time we saw each other? | 我们上一次见是什么时候了 |
[16:50] | Not since the Benjamin debacle. | 本杰明那事黄了后就没见了 |
[16:52] | Oh, they came so close. | 他们差点成了 |
[16:54] | Yes, so close. | 对啊 差点 |
[16:55] | Boy, were we all stunned. | 天 我们都震惊了 |
[16:57] | Benjamin Ettenberg, the Holy Grail of bachelors, | 本杰明·艾登伯格 黄金单身汉 |
[17:00] | head over heels in love. | 被迷得神魂颠倒 |
[17:01] | So quickly, marriage, a townhouse. | 太快了 以为要结婚 还买了排屋 |
[17:03] | A townhouse? For him and Miriam? | 排屋 给他和米里亚姆的 |
[17:06] | Big enough for a family. So gorgeous. | 一家人够住了 可美了 |
[17:08] | I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:09] | Well, maybe Miriam didn’t know, either. | 或许米里亚姆也不知道 |
[17:11] | – Oh, I just feel so foolish. – Why? | -我真是太蠢了 -为什么 |
[17:13] | I was the one who pushed the two of them together. | 是我非要撮合他们 |
[17:15] | – Such a stupid thing. – Stupid? Please. | -蠢死了 -蠢 别这么说 |
[17:18] | – After your track record? – What track record? | -你撮合了好几对呢 -什么好几对 |
[17:20] | Remember, | 记得吗 |
[17:21] | you put the Heifetz boy with the Feinstein girl? | 你撮合了海飞兹小伙子和范斯坦那姑娘 |
[17:24] | Just suggested it at canasta, | 玩卡纳斯塔纸牌时提议的 |
[17:25] | – and now they have three kids. – That was one time. | -他们现在都三个娃了 -就那一次 |
[17:28] | In the Catskills, | 在卡茨基尔山 |
[17:29] | you told Sara Halpern to dance with Mel Kleinman, | 你叫莎拉·哈尔彭去和麦尔·克莱门跳舞 |
[17:31] | and now they’re married with one on the way. | 他们现在结婚了 都怀上了 |
[17:33] | The list goes on and on. | 你还撮合了不少呢 |
[17:34] | Really, Corinne, they’re all just shots in the dark. | 说真的 科琳恩 他们就是碰巧中了 |
[17:36] | Well, then you’re the Annie Oakley of matchmaking. | 那你就是媒婆界的安妮·奥克利[神枪手] |
[17:39] | If you could only help my Shira. | 你要能帮我家希拉就好了 |
[17:40] | She’s still on the market? | 她还”待售”吗 |
[17:42] | – She’s day-old bread. – Oh, Corinne. | -隔夜面包没人要 -科琳恩 |
[17:44] | Well, what can you do? | 还能怎么办呢 |
[17:46] | At least there’ll be someone to look after me in my old age. | 至少有人给我养老 |
[17:50] | It was nice to see you, Rose. | 很高兴见到你 罗斯 |
[17:51] | – Say hello to Abe? – I will. | -帮我问好亚伯 -好的 |
[17:54] | – The butcher’s boy. – Beg pardon? | -屠夫的儿子 -什么 |
[17:56] | – Melvin Goldfarb. – He was studying law. | -马尔文·戈德法布 -在学法 |
[17:59] | Then he turned to veterinary medicine. | 然后去学兽医学了 |
[18:01] | I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:02] | And your daughter has all those cats. | 你女儿有那么多猫猫 |
[18:04] | Six, and a dog, and a pot-bellied pig. | 六只 还有条狗 还有头肥猪 |
[18:08] | You’re a natural, Rose. | 天生媒婆啊 罗斯 |
[18:09] | I’m taking her shopping. | 我带她去逛街 |
[18:11] | Corinne? | 科琳恩 |
[18:13] | How many floors to Benjamin’s townhouse? | 本杰明的排屋有多少层 |
[18:17] | Four, at least, and a yard, | 四层 最少 还有个花园 |
[18:20] | and now it’s on the market, discounted. | 现在待售 便宜得很 |
[18:23] | So gorgeous. Bye, Rose. | 超美 拜 罗斯 |
[18:25] | Bye-bye. | 拜拜 |
[18:49] | Simon! | 西蒙 |
[18:51] | Simon! | 西蒙 |
[18:54] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[18:56] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[18:59] | Simon! | 西蒙 |
[19:03] | Simon, wait. | 西蒙 等等 |
[19:06] | Simon! | 西蒙 |
[19:11] | Excuse me. | 让一下 |
[19:12] | Simon, wait! | 西蒙 等等 |
[19:15] | It’s me, Abe. | 是我 亚伯 |
[19:17] | Wait! | 等等 |
[19:22] | Simon! | 西蒙 |
[19:26] | It’s Abe Weissman! Wait! | 是我亚伯·维斯曼 等等 |
[19:30] | Simon! Simon! Simon! | 西蒙 西蒙 西蒙 |
[19:34] | Abe. | 亚伯 |
[19:36] | – What a surprise. – Hello, Simon. | -没想到啊 -好啊 西蒙 |
[19:38] | I thought I’d never catch up to you. | 我还以为我追不上你了 |
[19:40] | You’re in very good shape. | 你身材不错啊 |
[19:41] | I play a little squash. So what can I do for you? | 偶尔玩壁球 找我什么事吗 |
[19:43] | Nothing. I was just taking a stroll around campus | 没事 我就是在学校里逛 |
[19:46] | for old times’ sake and I happened to spot you. | 回想过去 凑巧看到了你 |
[19:49] | Lucky me. | 我真走运 |
[19:50] | – How’s the family? – There he is. | -家人怎么样 -他在这呢 |
[19:51] | – Oh, everyone’s fit as a fiddle. – That’s him. | -都很健康 -那是他 |
[19:54] | – Sir? – And, uh, your wife? | -先生 -你的老婆呢 |
[19:55] | – She’s well? – Uh, sure. | -她好吗 -当然 |
[19:58] | We should get together, | 我们该聚聚 |
[19:59] | – the four of us. – We should, we really should. | -我们四个 -好的 当然 |
[20:01] | Before 1965, if possible. | 最好1965年之前聚 |
[20:03] | I really have to go now, Abe. | 我真的要走了 亚伯 |
[20:04] | I don’t want to keep you. I just wanted to say hello. | 我不想耽误你 我只是想打个招呼 |
[20:07] | Hello. | 你好 |
[20:09] | Bye. | 拜 |
[20:17] | All right, then, gang. Now let’s roll up our sleeves | 好吧 同学们 我们撸起袖子 |
[20:20] | and see if we can tackle these vector identities. | 看他们解没解出这些重要向量等式 |
[20:23] | Abbie, | 阿比 |
[20:23] | why are you working out this section with a Levi-Civita symbol? | 你为什么要用勒维奇维塔符号来算这部分 |
[20:27] | Let us in on your methodology here. | 解释一下你的方法 |
[20:29] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好啊 |
[20:31] | Professor Weissman. | 维斯曼教授 |
[20:32] | – Hello, Professor Weissman. – Hope I’m not disturbing you. | -你好 维斯曼教授 -希望没有打扰到你们 |
[20:35] | – I just wanted to stop by. – But not to teach? | -我就来看看 -不教吗 |
[20:38] | That’s right, not to teach. | 是的 不教 |
[20:41] | So good to see all of you. How are you doing? | 见到你们太好了 你们还好吗 |
[20:46] | Truman, you look well. Your complexion, it’s so clear. | 杜鲁门 你看起来不错 你的肤色好好 |
[20:50] | I’ve been sleeping wonderfully since… | 我最近睡得很好自从 |
[20:52] | well, I last saw you. | 没见你之后 |
[20:55] | Good to hear. Sleep is very important. | 很好 睡觉很重要哦 |
[20:58] | – And Kevin. – Lance. | -凯文 -我叫兰斯 |
[21:00] | – You’re holding yourself well. – I’m taking boxing lessons. | -我看你壮了嘛 -我在上拳击课 |
[21:03] | – Really? – So that no one will ever pick on me again. | -真的吗 -这样就不会再有人找我麻烦了 |
[21:06] | Wonderful. I wouldn’t want anyone to do that. | 好极了 我可不想别人欺负你 |
[21:09] | And Abbie, you’re still here? | 阿比 你还在学校呢 |
[21:12] | – Y-Yes, sir. – Okay. | -是的 先生 -行吧 |
[21:16] | Well, these are great boys, Professor. | 这些都是优秀青年呐 教授 |
[21:19] | They all deserve their place here, | 他们值得坐在这教室里 |
[21:23] | all but six. | 但有六个人不是 |
[21:24] | And I just want you to know, | 我只是想你们知道 |
[21:26] | all the angst that pervaded this room, | 这里之前弥漫的忧虑 |
[21:29] | all the tsuris it caused, it was me. | 之前那些问题 是因为我 |
[21:34] | I made you sweat. | 是我让你们出汗 |
[21:36] | I made you nervous. | 是我让你们紧张 |
[21:38] | I made you break out in hives and run home to your mommies. | 我让你们起了荨麻疹 跑回家找妈妈 |
[21:42] | For the record, I didn’t run. I didn’t. | 说明一下 我没跑 我真没有 |
[21:45] | My ego got in the way. | 是我的自负惹的祸 |
[21:49] | Teaching is an act of generosity, | 教学是慷慨之举 |
[21:52] | and I was miserly. | 而我太小气了 |
[21:57] | But I can’t say that I | 但我的确想念 |
[21:58] | haven’t missed the joy of Socratic debate with you all. | 和你们做苏格拉底式辩论时的快乐 |
[22:03] | The pleasure one gets in witnessing young minds striving for truth, | 那种看着你们追求真相而产生的快感 |
[22:08] | the singular wonder of it, | 强烈的求知欲 |
[22:10] | the joy of personal discovery, | 个人探索的快乐 |
[22:13] | with freedom to make mistakes and learn from them. | 有犯错并吸取教训的自由 |
[22:21] | But I think this change of pace was good for you men. | 但我觉得我走了对你们来说是好的 |
[22:26] | I see now that this isn’t where I belong. | 我现在懂了 我不属于这里 |
[22:31] | It’s where you belong. | 这里属于你们 |
[22:35] | Besides him, him, him, him, him, and him. | 除了他他他他他和他 |
[22:37] | *Goodbye, goodbye…* | *再见了 再见了* |
[22:41] | I’ll leave you to it, Professor. | 交给你了 教授 |
[22:44] | I’ll leave you to it. | 交给你了 |
[22:46] | – Goodbye, Professor Weissman. – Goodbye, Professor Weissman. | -再见 维斯曼教授 -再见 维斯曼教授 |
[22:48] | Goodbye, Professor Weissman. | 再见 维斯曼教授 |
[22:49] | Take care of yourself, sir. | 照顾好你自己 |
[22:52] | *Goodbye…* | *再见了* |
[22:53] | Goodbye, boys. | 再见 孩子们 |
[22:56] | Happy lives. | 快乐活着 |
[22:58] | *Goodbye.* | *再见了* |
[23:05] | “It’s simply the most flavorful syrup in the whole wide world. | “这是全世界最美味的糖浆 |
[23:09] | Pour it on your pancakes, your waffle, your French toast. | 倒在你的松饼 华夫饼 法式吐司上 |
[23:13] | Smack your lips and ask for more. | 让你赞不绝口 欲罢不能 |
[23:15] | Karo Pancake Syrup. | 卡罗松饼糖浆 |
[23:17] | It’s so good. So good. | 美味 可口 |
[23:21] | So good!” | 可~~好吃” |
[23:24] | And cut. | 停 |
[23:25] | We’re happy, very happy. Thank you, Mrs. Maisel. | 满意 满意 谢谢你 麦瑟尔夫人 |
[23:28] | You’re so welcome. | 不——客气 |
[23:30] | – She did a great job. – Thanks, Thomason. | -她真不错 -谢了 托马森 |
[23:33] | All we need is the check and we’re on our way. | 拿到钱我们就走人 |
[23:34] | The check? | 钱 |
[23:35] | I thought you understood how the compensation was gonna work. | 我还以为送你们商品代替钱就行 |
[23:38] | This is heavier than the tampons. | 这比棉条重多了 |
[23:40] | I think mine’s leaking. | 我觉得我的漏了 |
[23:41] | You have got to read the contracts. | 你真得先看合同了 |
[23:43] | I read the contract. This was not in the contract. | 我看了 合同没写 |
[23:45] | I’m a comedian. When do I go back to being a comedian? | 我是个喜剧演员 什么时候去演出 |
[23:47] | – Open the door. – No, you open the door. | -开门 -不 你开 |
[23:50] | It’s running down my pants. | 顺着我裤子流下来了 |
[23:51] | – I’ll open the door. – Shit. | -我来开 -操 |
[23:52] | I got pancake syrup running down the inside of my pants. | 松饼糖浆流进我裤子里了 |
[23:55] | – It’s gonna stain. – Fuck. | -会留印子的 -操 |
[23:57] | My thighs are sticking to each other. | 我的大腿要粘在一块了 |
[24:00] | “It’s just off the Van Wyck Expressway.” | “就在范威克快速路边” |
[24:03] | “Then I’m heading for Ludlows Menswear. | “那我去勒德洛男装看看 |
[24:05] | Manhattan vices at Brooklyn prices.” | 曼哈顿的品味 布鲁克林的价” |
[24:08] | And we’re out. Good job, guys. | 录好了 干的不错 |
[24:09] | – Come on back in. – That’s it for today. | -出来吧 -今天收工了 |
[24:11] | Your girl free tomorrow night? | 你的姑娘明晚有空吗 |
[24:12] | She’s not going out with you, Dickie. | 她不会跟你约会的 迪奇 |
[24:14] | – For a spot, a live spot. – A live spot? Fun. For what? | -有个活 直播 -直播 有意思 是什么 |
[24:17] | Some lady politician is sponsoring a live radio event | 一个女政治家在赞助电台直播 |
[24:20] | and she wants live commercials, too. | 她也想要商业广告直播 |
[24:21] | A woman running for office. I love that. | 女人竞选公职 我喜欢 |
[24:23] | She wants a wholesome-sounding | 她想要形象良好的 |
[24:24] | husband and wife to read whatever the copy is, | 夫妻档来读台词 |
[24:26] | – and we thought of you two. – I’m in. | -我就想到你们了 -我可以 |
[24:28] | – Me, too. – Does it pay? | -我也可 -有钱吗 |
[24:30] | And not in tampons or corn syrup? | 不要棉条或糖浆 |
[24:32] | – It pays. – We’ll do it. | -有钱 -我们干 |
[24:34] | – See you, gang. – Bye, guys. | -再见 伙计们 -拜拜 |
[24:36] | Hey, don’t leave your syrup. | 糖浆带走 |
[24:37] | Eh, put it on your pancakes. | 送你配松饼 |
[24:38] | It’s so good! | 可~~好吃 |
[24:42] | Paging Dr. Rosenthal. | 呼叫罗森塞尔医生 |
[24:43] | Please report to Urology. | 请到泌尿外科 |
[24:45] | Dr. Rosenthal to Urology, please. | 罗森塞尔医生请到泌尿外科 |
[24:49] | Hello, Maureen. How are you this fine spring day? | 早啊 莫琳 春光无限好 你呢 |
[24:51] | You’re behind schedule, Dr. Ettenberg. | 你进度落后了 艾登伯格医生 |
[24:53] | That’s not the right answer, Maureen. | 你没回答我的话 莫琳 |
[24:55] | – I’m very fine, Doctor. – That’s better. | -我很好 医生 -这才对嘛 |
[24:57] | – And I promise to catch up. – You always promise. | -我保证赶上计划 -你只会说说 |
[25:00] | Benjamin. | 本杰明 |
[25:03] | Mrs. Weissman? | 维斯曼夫人 |
[25:05] | – Hello. – Uh, what-what’re you doing here? | -你好 -你来这干嘛 |
[25:07] | Oh, Benjamin, I feel so sick. | 本杰明 我好不舒服 |
[25:09] | Well, good thing you’re at the hospital, | 那正好你在医院 |
[25:10] | that’s kind of what we specialize in. | 治病救人我专业 |
[25:11] | No, Benjamin, I’m sick with guilt, | 不 本杰明 我是内疚 |
[25:13] | about you and Miriam, | 你和米里亚姆 |
[25:14] | about pushing the two of you together. | 非要撮合你们 |
[25:15] | – Oh, Mrs. Weissman… – About getting your hopes up | -维斯曼夫人 -给了你希望 |
[25:18] | and uprooting your life and causing you to make plans | 让你重寻轨迹 害你规划未来 |
[25:19] | that didn’t pan out because of her, | 又因为她不能实现 |
[25:21] | because I set you up with her. | 是我撮合你们俩的 |
[25:22] | – It’s all my fault. – No, no, Mrs. Weissman… | -都是我的错 -不不 维斯曼夫人 |
[25:25] | I didn’t understand how serious this phase was | 我之前不知道米里亚姆 |
[25:27] | that Miriam was going through, this comedy thing. | 要当喜剧演员是认真的 |
[25:29] | My timing was off. | 我没把握好时机 |
[25:30] | You’re being too hard on yourself. | 别对自己太苛刻了 |
[25:31] | Miriam was just not the right girl for you. | 米里亚姆不适合你 |
[25:33] | She was weird, yes, but there’s weird and there’s weird. | 她很奇怪 但是奇怪有很多种 |
[25:36] | And I thought I knew which weird she was, | 我以为我知道她是哪种 |
[25:37] | – but apparently I didn’t. – Rose. | -但显然我不懂 -罗斯 |
[25:40] | Midge was the right kind of weird for me. | 米琪的奇怪是我喜欢的那种 |
[25:43] | She was? | 是吗 |
[25:45] | Look, I’ve been with a lot of women… | 我交往过很多女人 |
[25:46] | – I’d heard that. – Not an excessive amount. | -听说了 -也没有那么多 |
[25:47] | – Oh, no, of course not. – But enough to have experience… | -当然当然 -但足够我判断 |
[25:49] | – A lot of experience. – But less than many others. | -很足够 -但比很多人少 |
[25:51] | – I’m sure that’s true. – What I’m trying to say is that | -那肯定 -我想说的是 |
[25:53] | you have nothing, nothing, to feel guilty about. | 你不用 完全不用愧疚 |
[25:58] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[25:59] | Midge was right for me. | 米琪适合我 |
[26:00] | I just was not right for her. | 只是我不适合她 |
[26:03] | You’re not just saying that? | 你不是说给我听的吧 |
[26:05] | You did a nice thing, Rose, | 你做了件好事 罗斯 |
[26:08] | a very nice thing, | 非常好的事 |
[26:11] | and you are very sweet for coming here today. | 你今天来这 真的太好了 |
[26:15] | Have a very good life, Benjamin. Will you do that? | 请你幸福 本杰明 好吗 |
[26:19] | I will. | 好的 |
[26:25] | Benjamin, did you really buy a townhouse for the two of you? | 本杰明 你真的买了排屋要当新房吗 |
[26:28] | Yes, but don’t worry, I’m very rich. | 嗯 别担心 我很有钱 |
[26:32] | That isn’t helping. | 这话让我更难过了 |
[26:37] | – Can you get that, Abe? – It’s probably for me. | -接下电话 亚伯 -应该是找我的 |
[26:40] | – Then why don’t you get it? – ‘Cause I’m in the other room. | -那你怎么不来接 -因为我在另一个房间 |
[26:42] | Then just come in here and get it yourself. | 那你过来 自己接 |
[26:44] | I’m not wearing pants. | 我没穿裤子 |
[26:45] | – I’ll get it. – Thank you. | -我来接 -谢谢 |
[26:53] | Maisel residence. | 麦瑟尔家 |
[26:54] | Hello. I’m calling for Abe Weissman. | 你好 我找亚伯·维斯曼 |
[26:56] | – Asher, it’s Abe. – Oh, hello, Abe. | -艾什尔 我是亚伯 -你好 亚伯 |
[26:58] | This is a surprise. | 真没想到 |
[26:59] | What surprise? You sent me that thing you wrote for me to read. | 没想到 是你把你写的东西寄给我的 |
[27:02] | – That was two months ago. – I thought it was a bill. | -那都两个月前了 -我以为是账单 |
[27:05] | So you finally got around to reading it? | 所以你终于看完了吗 |
[27:07] | Yup. Twice. | 嗯 看了两次 |
[27:09] | – You went to my play. – I did. | -你去看我的剧了 -是的 |
[27:11] | I specifically told you not to go to my play. | 我有叮嘱你别去看 |
[27:14] | So shoot me, I’m a rebel. | 开枪打我啊 我很反叛的 |
[27:16] | And then you write about it, my play, my other plays. | 你还写剧评 我的剧 和我其他的剧 |
[27:19] | Me! A lot of this is about me. | 里面很多东西都和我有关 |
[27:21] | – It’s all about you. – I told you not to go. | -全都和你有关 -跟你说了不要去看 |
[27:24] | Asher, you were in this play. | 艾什尔 这部剧里有你的影子 |
[27:26] | -Come again? -Your lead character, the carpenter, | -再说一次 -你的主角 那个木匠 |
[27:29] | you spoke through him. | 他的台词表达了你的思想 |
[27:31] | It was powerful. It moved me. | 十分有力 打动了我 |
[27:34] | Now, the actor I saw did the whole thing shirtless… | 我看的时候 那个演员是光着膀子的 |
[27:37] | – Dumb choice. – and he power-sawed a two-by-four | -蠢主意 -而且他在独白的时候 |
[27:39] | during the soliloquy, you could barely hear it. | 在用电锯锯木方 基本上听不清 |
[27:40] | – God, I hate actors. – But the whole thing | -上帝 我恨演员 -但是那整部剧 |
[27:43] | reminded me of who you are and what theater should be. | 让我记起了你以前的样子和戏剧应该有的样子 |
[27:48] | Broadway today, it’s run by bean counters, cowards. | 现在管理百老汇的是一群认钱的懦夫 |
[27:51] | It should be more. | 剧应该更好 |
[27:52] | – The people deserve more. – Abe… | -观众值得好剧 -亚伯 |
[27:54] | Your play is a masterpiece. | 你的剧是一部杰作 |
[27:57] | Bye Bye Birdie is not a masterpiece. | 《欢乐今宵》算不上杰作 |
[27:58] | – Yes, it is. – Stop listening, Moishe. | -就是杰作 -别偷听了 莫伊舍 |
[28:00] | Abe, I read your piece. | 亚伯 我看了你的文章 |
[28:02] | You don’t need to read me your piece. | 不需要再给我复述了 |
[28:04] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[28:05] | Look, before I try to publish it, I want your consent. | 听着 在我打算发表之前 我想征得你的同意 |
[28:10] | It’s important. You’re my friend. | 这很重要 你是我的朋友 |
[28:11] | Abe… It-It’s a nice piece of writing, | 亚伯 你东西写得很不错 |
[28:14] | but it hits too close to home. | 但是这让我感触太大了 |
[28:17] | There’s too much me, and my-my privacy is sacred, | 里面有太多关于我的事情 我的隐私应该受到尊重 |
[28:21] | – you know that. – I do. | -你明白的 -我知道 |
[28:24] | So… | 那么 |
[28:27] | I-I can’t give you my consent, I-I just can’t. | 我不能同意 真的不能 |
[28:30] | I-I hope you understand. | 希望你能理解 |
[28:33] | Old friend, that’s why I sent it to you, | 老朋友 所以我把它寄给你了 |
[28:35] | – to get your okay. – Thank you. | -征得你的许可 -谢谢 |
[28:39] | I’m gonna try to publish it anyway. | 不管怎样 我都要试着发表它 |
[28:41] | – What? – These things need to be heard. | -什么 -人们应该看到这些 |
[28:43] | Then why the hell did you ask me for my consent? | 那你还要我同意干嘛 |
[28:45] | Because I wanted your consent. | 因为我想要你的许可 |
[28:47] | It’s probably not gonna be published. | 它有可能不会被发表 |
[28:48] | No, Abe, it’s a good piece. It makes important points. | 不是 亚伯 这写得不错 表达了重要的观点 |
[28:51] | – It might get published. – So you agree with it? | -可能会被发表 -那你同意我的观点 |
[28:53] | I never said I didn’t agree with it. | 我从来没说我不同意 |
[28:54] | I just said I would rather that it wasn’t published. | 我只是说我更希望它不被发表 |
[28:57] | It probably won’t be published. | 有可能不会被发表 |
[28:58] | It’s a good piece. It might get published. | 这写得很好 有可能被发表呢 |
[29:00] | – So you agree with it. – I never said I didn’t! | -那么你同意了 -我从来没说过我不同意 |
[29:02] | It’s probably not gonna happen. | 可能发表不成 |
[29:03] | It might! It’s good! | 有机会 写得很好 |
[29:05] | – It’s very good! – So you like it. | -十分好 -那你就是喜欢了 |
[29:07] | We’re going around in goddamn circles here, Abe. | 我们一直在说车轱辘话 亚伯 |
[29:14] | I never asked you to resurrect my life. | 我从来没请求你恢复我原来的生活 |
[29:17] | I know, but I have to try. | 我知道 但是我总得试试 |
[29:21] | It probably won’t be published. | 有可能不会被发表呢 |
[29:22] | It’s a good piece. It might get published. | 写得很出色 有可能被发表 |
[29:24] | So you think it’s good? | 那你觉得这是篇好文章了 |
[29:25] | Never said it wasn’t good. | 我从来没说过它不好 |
[29:27] | It probably won’t get published. | 有可能发表不了呢 |
[29:36] | Susie Myerson and Associates. | 苏西·梅耶森联合公司 |
[29:39] | Hold, please. | 请稍等 |
[29:40] | I’m gonna start charging for this. | 我要开始收费了啊 |
[29:45] | Susie Myerson. | 苏西·梅耶森 |
[29:46] | – Hey, Susie, it’s me. – I’ve been trying to get you. | -苏西 是我 -我一直想联系你来着 |
[29:48] | Tess. What is it? | 苔丝 怎么了 |
[29:50] | It’s Mom. She’s bad. Really bad. | 妈出事了 情况很不好 |
[29:53] | Shit. Her heart? | 该死 心脏吗 |
[29:54] | And her lungs, and her liver. | 还有她的肺和肝 |
[29:56] | Most of the time, she doesn’t even know who I am. | 大多数时候 她已经认不出我了 |
[29:58] | Sis, I’m so sorry. | 姐 真对不起 |
[29:59] | She needs 24-hour care, Suz, | 她需要全天看护 苏西 |
[30:01] | and I got to work. | 但我得去上班 |
[30:02] | We’re talking nursing home? | 要送到养老院吗 |
[30:03] | We’re talking nursing home. | 要送养老院 |
[30:06] | Hey, I learned to swim. | 那个 我学会游泳了 |
[30:08] | No way. Get out of here. | 得了吧 不可能 |
[30:09] | In Florida. | 在佛罗里达学会的 |
[30:10] | I mean, I’m not Esther Williams or anything, but I’m not half bad. | 我虽然不是艾丝特·威廉斯那种级别 但也没那么差 |
[30:13] | I lost my virginity in a swimming pool. | 我就是在一个泳池里破处的 |
[30:14] | You lost it in a few different places. | 你还在好几个地方破处了呢 |
[30:16] | In the school gym, at the automat. | 学校体育馆 自助餐厅 |
[30:18] | – In synagogue. – Stop laughing. | -犹太教堂 -别笑了 |
[30:20] | You stop laughing. | 你才别笑了 |
[30:23] | Jackie, get that. | 杰基 去开门 |
[30:24] | – I’m not your maid. – Look in the mirror. | -我又不是你的女佣 -你照镜子看看 |
[30:26] | Tess, I got to go. | 苔丝 我得挂了 |
[30:27] | Oh, oh, wait. One more thing. | 哦 等下 还有个事 |
[30:29] | Just so you know, Artie’s eyeing Mom’s house, | 跟你说声 阿尔提在打妈房子的主意了 |
[30:31] | and my husband’s talking about moving his mother in | 我老公说要让他妈搬过来 |
[30:34] | because it was our mother’s place, | 因为这算是我们妈的房子 |
[30:35] | and somehow that makes it logical or something. | 也算是说得通 |
[30:37] | – What did you tell them? – Call Susie. | -你跟他们怎么说的 -打电话给苏西 |
[30:39] | And that’s that. | 那就行 |
[30:40] | I’ll talk to you later. | 之后再联系你 |
[30:42] | Thanks for nothing. | 谢谢你无动于衷哈 |
[30:49] | How’d you know where I live? | 你怎么知道我住哪儿 |
[30:51] | I know where all our customers live. | 我所有客户的住址我都知道 |
[30:53] | You got 40 bucks due. | 你要交40块 |
[30:55] | – That’s today? – That’s today. | -今天就要给吗 -今天 |
[30:57] | Okay, okay. | 好的 |
[31:00] | Um… I’ve got $30. | 我有30块 |
[31:03] | I need $40. | 我要40块 |
[31:04] | Jackie, you owe me ten bucks. | 杰基 你欠我10块钱 |
[31:05] | – Give it to Junior. – Right. | -给朱尼尔 -好的 |
[31:07] | I got seven, but Chester owes me three. | 我这里有7块 但是切斯特还欠我3块 |
[31:10] | Chester, you owe me three bucks. Give it to Junior. | 切斯特 你欠我3块钱 把钱给朱尼尔 |
[31:12] | I’ve got two. | 我有2块 |
[31:14] | But the newsstand guy owes me a buck. | 但是卖报纸的欠我1块 |
[31:16] | – Hey, Coop! – Yeah. | -库珀 -怎么了 |
[31:17] | – I need that buck. – All right, here you go. | -还我那1块钱 -好的 拿着 |
[31:21] | Thanks, Coop. Here you go. | 谢谢 库珀 给你 |
[31:22] | Thanks, Chester. Here you go. | 谢谢 切斯特 给你 |
[31:24] | Thanks, Jackie. Here you go. | 谢谢 杰基 拿着 |
[31:26] | Got it. Hey, remember that talk we had about not being friends? | 够了 你还记得咱俩谈过不做朋友吗 |
[31:30] | – Yeah. – Well, if you were my friend, | -记得 -如果你是我朋友的话 |
[31:32] | I would tell you that if you need a bucket brigade | 我会告诉你 如果你凑这么点钱 |
[31:34] | to cobble up scratch, | 都需要找一堆人的话 |
[31:36] | it might be time to slow down the gambling a little. | 是时候该少赌点了 |
[31:38] | But you’re not my friend. | 但咱俩不是朋友 |
[31:54] | Moishe, bris first, food after. | 莫伊舍 先割礼 再吃东西 |
[31:56] | I know, I know. | 我知道 |
[31:56] | I don’t want you upsetting the rabbi. | 我不想你让拉比不高兴 |
[31:58] | The rabbi’s happy enough I’m wearing pants. | 我穿着裤子 拉比就够高兴了 |
[32:00] | I’m wearing pants, Rabbi! | 我穿着裤子呢 拉比 |
[32:02] | Oh, hey. Happy. So glad you could make it. Don’t be scared. | 很高兴你来了 别害怕 |
[32:05] | Chip, Greta, come on in. | 奇普 格里塔 进来吧 |
[32:06] | Don’t be scared. | 别害怕 |
[32:08] | Paula! | 保拉 |
[32:09] | Hello. You don’t know me, | 你好 咱们不认识 |
[32:10] | but I have a piece published in today’s New York Times. | 但是今天《纽约时报》登了我的文章 |
[32:12] | – Please take one. – Hi. Don’t be scared. | -拿一份吧 -别害怕 |
[32:13] | The written word can change the world. | 文字可以改变世界 |
[32:15] | – Oh, it’s okay. Don’t be scared. – Oh, Cousin Levi. | -没事 别害怕 -利瓦伊表哥 |
[32:17] | Has your health improved? | 你身体好点了吗 |
[32:18] | I got two more operations coming up. | 我还有两场手术 |
[32:21] | Maybe this will help. | 或许这能帮上忙 |
[32:22] | I wrote a piece for the New York Times. Enjoy. | 我为《纽约时报》写了一篇文章 慢慢看 |
[32:24] | The written word can change the world. | 文字可以改变世界 |
[32:26] | And get better, Levi. Papa, I know you’re proud, | 早日康复 利瓦伊 爸爸 我知道你很自豪 |
[32:28] | but you are an integral part of your grandson’s bris. | 但你孙子的割礼少了你可不行 |
[32:30] | – Peddle your papers later. – Okay. | -过会儿再推销你的报纸吧 -好的 |
[32:32] | I have an announcement, everyone. Listen up. | 我有话要讲 大家伙儿 听好了 |
[32:35] | I know it’s a workday, and everyone wants to get started | 我知道今天是工作日 所有人都想维斯曼家的割礼 |
[32:37] | with our Weissman bris, | 早点开始 |
[32:39] | but we’re three short of a minyan, | 但是我们少了3个犹太人 |
[32:43] | which means that we cannot begin the prayers. | 所以我们还不能开始祷告 |
[32:46] | So I’m afraid we’ll have to wait. | 看来我们必须要等了 |
[32:48] | We’ll round up some Jews for you, Rabbi. | 我们再去抓几个犹太人过来 拉比 |
[32:50] | – Don’t say, “Round up Jews.” – I know. It sounded wrong. | -别说”抓犹太人” -我知道 听着不合适 |
[32:52] | There’s nothing to be nervous about. | 没有什么好紧张的 |
[32:54] | Almost all boys are circumcised. | 几乎所有男孩都做过割礼 |
[32:56] | I mean, you are, aren’t you, Cousin Nicholas? | 你也做过 对吗 尼古拉斯表兄 |
[32:57] | – Uh, sure. – Well, I know. You showed me… a lot. | -当然了 -我知道 你给我看过好多次 |
[33:00] | I don’t-don’t think it was a lot. | 我觉得没那么多次 |
[33:01] | Oh, it was. Anyhow, the only difference is, | 有的 不管怎样 唯一的区别在于 |
[33:03] | this just isn’t in a hospital, | 这次不是在医院里 |
[33:05] | so the instruments aren’t necessarily sterile, | 所以手术器具没必要消毒 |
[33:07] | and the doctor is a man called a “Mohel,” | 做手术医生叫 行割礼者 |
[33:08] | who has no medical training, nope. | 没有接受过医疗培训 没有 |
[33:10] | But it’s all right because they give the baby wine, | 但是没事 因为给孩子喂了酒 |
[33:12] | so it’s drunk. Oh, and you know what’s funny? | 已经醉了 你知道有意思的是什么吗 |
[33:13] | I had a dream last night that I was slicing carrots, | 昨晚我做梦 梦见我在切胡萝卜 |
[33:15] | and I cut off the tip of my finger, | 切到了我的指尖 |
[33:16] | and it just bled and bled and bled and bled. | 手指就一直流血 流啊流个不停 |
[33:18] | And then I woke up, and it was fine, so… | 然后我就醒了 居然没事 所以 |
[33:20] | Okay! We got a minyan! | 好了 我们找到了一个犹太人 |
[33:23] | And it’s my son who closed the deal. | 是我儿子找到的 |
[33:25] | Meet Jacob… Milkman extraordinaire | 大家来见见雅各布 出色的送奶工 |
[33:27] | and a son of Israel. | 还是以色列的孩子 |
[33:31] | Thank you, Levi Feldman, for leading us in the shaharith. | 谢谢利瓦伊·费尔德曼带着我们做晨祷 |
[33:35] | Now, as you’ve all noticed, | 现在 大家都注意到了 |
[33:36] | the baby’s father Noah is unfortunately not with us today. | 很遗憾 孩子的父亲诺亚今天没能到场 |
[33:40] | He was called overseas at the last minute on urgent business. | 他被紧急调到海外处理事情了 |
[33:44] | Yes, but not for the CIA or anything. Nope. | 是的 但不是为中情局什么的办事 |
[33:47] | But he gave us his blessing to proceed. | 但是他祝福了这次仪式 |
[33:50] | And that we will do with aplomb. | 因此我们能照常办事 |
[33:53] | I’d like to welcome Mohel David Rosenbaum | 有请行割礼者 大卫·罗森鲍姆 |
[33:55] | to begin the Brit Milah. | 来行割礼 |
[33:57] | Thank you, Rabbi Krinsky. | 谢谢 克林斯基拉比 |
[33:59] | – Good morning, everyone. – Good morning. | -各位早上好 -早上好 |
[34:01] | It’s an honor to be here today. | 今天很荣幸能来到这里 |
[34:03] | I’m hoping this goes better than my last one. | 我希望这次能比上一次好 |
[34:05] | There’s nothing funny about a mohel with hiccups. | 没什么比行割礼者打嗝更好笑的了 |
[34:08] | There was another time | 还有一次 |
[34:09] | I had slept badly the night before, | 我割礼前晚睡得不好 |
[34:11] | and I admit, I was a little snippy. | 我承认 我当时有点暴躁 |
[34:14] | We’ve had funnier mohels, I can tell you that. | 我们请过更搞笑的行割礼者 |
[34:17] | All right, which one you think’s goin’ down? | 好了 你觉得哪个会晕倒 |
[34:18] | Easy. The tall guy in back. | 简单 后面那个高个子 |
[34:20] | I’m going with the lady in blue. | 我觉得会是那穿蓝衣服的女士 |
[34:21] | Abraham Weissman, would you come join us, please? | 亚伯拉罕·维斯曼 麻烦你上来一下 |
[34:25] | And Astrid, if you please? | 阿斯特丽德 孩子 |
[34:29] | Yeah. Yeah. Okay. | 好 好 好的 |
[34:34] | How does it feel, Abe? | 你觉得怎样 亚伯 |
[34:35] | Well, I never imagined | 我从来没想过 |
[34:38] | they would publish the piece this quickly. | 他们会这么快就把文章发表出来 |
[34:40] | With hardly any editing. It’s wonderful. | 都没怎么改过 真是太棒了 |
[34:42] | I meant to be holding your grandson. | 我是说抱着你的孙子 |
[34:44] | Well, that’s good, too. | 这也不错 |
[34:46] | Let’s proceed. | 我们继续 |
[34:53] | Yes. | 猜对了 |
[34:54] | Here goes nothin’. | 会没事的 |
[34:57] | Mazel tov! | 祝你走运[希伯来语] |
[35:00] | Yours didn’t technically go down. | 你猜的那个都没碰到地 |
[35:02] | Because those party poopers caught her. | 因为那些扫兴的接住她了 |
[35:03] | If they hadn’t caught her, she would have crumpled like a sack of potatoes. | 如果他们没接住她 她会像包土豆一样倒下 |
[35:05] | My guy fell clean. I win. | 我的倒地了 我赢了 |
[35:07] | – It’s a tie. Accept a tie. – No way, no way. | -是平局 接受平局吧 -不行 不行 |
[35:09] | And how did you pick the name, Astrid? | 这名字怎么来的 阿斯特丽德 |
[35:11] | Well, first name “Chaim” for Abe’s father, | 姓取自亚伯的父亲”哈伊姆”[希伯来语] |
[35:14] | middle name “Christian” for my grandfather. | 中间名取自我的爷爷”克里斯汀”[拉丁语] |
[35:16] | It’s unusual. The combination. | 这很罕见 双语混合 |
[35:18] | Can I get you anything, sweetie? | 要我帮你做点什么吗 亲爱的 |
[35:19] | Uh, could you see if there’s been a telegram from Bahrain? | 帮我看看有没有巴林发来的电报 |
[35:22] | – Will do. – Thank you. | -好的 -谢谢 |
[35:29] | She really named the child “Chaim Christian”? | 她真的给孩子取名叫”哈伊姆·克里斯汀” |
[35:31] | She really did. | 是的 |
[35:33] | Who in the world besides Astrid would do that? | 这世上除了阿斯特丽德 还有谁能干出这事 |
[35:35] | Sammy Davis, Jr., but that’s why we love her. | 小萨米·戴维斯 这也是为什么我们爱她 |
[35:38] | “The United States is an island of freedom, achievement and prosperity. | “美国是自由 成功 繁荣的岛屿 |
[35:43] | Nothing’s more precious than our American way of life.” | 没什么比我们美国式生活更珍贵” |
[35:47] | – Pretty hokey. – What is it? | -太做作了 -这是什么 |
[35:49] | It’s the commercial I’m doing tonight. | 这是我今晚要做的广告 |
[35:50] | It’s live, so I want to be ready for it. | 是直播 所以我要做好准备 |
[35:52] | You want to run lines with me? You can be my husband. | 你要帮我练台词吗 你可以扮我老公 |
[35:55] | Phyllis Schlafly? | 菲利斯·施拉夫利 |
[35:56] | Yeah. She’s a woman. | 是的 她是个女人 |
[35:57] | She’s running for something or other. | 她在竞选一些什么 |
[35:59] | Congress. In Illinois. | 伊利诺伊州的国会议员 |
[36:00] | – You know her? – Of course I do. | -你认识她 -我当然认识 |
[36:02] | I’ve been published in The New York Times. | 我一直在《纽约时报》发表文章 |
[36:04] | This is not a good woman. | 这不是什么好女人 |
[36:06] | How so? | 为什么 |
[36:07] | She’s a right-wing nutjob. | 她是个右翼疯子 |
[36:08] | She’s come out against Nixon. | 她公开反对尼克松[副总统] |
[36:10] | Great. We don’t like Nixon. | 挺好的 我们不喜欢尼克松 |
[36:12] | Because she thinks he’s too left-wing. | 因为她觉得他太左翼了 |
[36:15] | That doesn’t sound real. | 这听起来不像是真的 |
[36:17] | She also said that Eisenhower only got in office | 她还说艾森豪威尔[总统]能上位 |
[36:20] | because of “secret kingmakers” in New York. | 是因为在纽约有”秘密的国王拥立者” |
[36:23] | I’m not sure if you know what ethnicity she’s referring to | 我不知道你清不清楚她说的 |
[36:26] | with the words “kingmakers” and “New York,” | “国王拥立者”和”纽约”指的是哪个种族 |
[36:29] | but one of them just got part of his penis cut off. | 但其中一个把艾森豪威尔下体的一部分切掉了 |
[36:31] | Well, then she’s an idiot. | 那她是个白痴咯 |
[36:33] | She’s not. | 她不是 |
[36:34] | That’s what makes her dangerous. | 所以她才危险 |
[36:36] | This is who you’re doing a commercial for? | 你要给这样的人做广告 |
[36:38] | Well… | 那个 |
[36:40] | It’s a paycheck. | 有钱拿 |
[36:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:47] | If you’re going to have a voice, | 如果你要发声 |
[36:49] | you’d better be careful what that voice says. | 你最好小心你说的内容 |
[36:54] | “With God on our side, | “上帝与我们同在 |
[36:56] | this country will prevail against the tides of the Soviet threat.” | 这个国家必将战胜苏联的威胁” |
[37:01] | “Agreed.” | “我同意” |
[37:02] | – Less than two minutes, Irene. – Got it. | -还有不到两分钟 艾琳 -知道 |
[37:04] | So the main broadcast is happening down the hall. | 主广播在大厅里直播 |
[37:06] | When they give me the signal, they’ll throw it to us, | 等他们给我信号 就轮到我们了 |
[37:07] | we do our thing, we got 90 seconds, | 我们念广告词 我们有90秒 |
[37:09] | then we throw it back. | 然后就交回给他们 |
[37:11] | This is so exciting. Live broadcasts are the best. | 好激动 直播广播最好了 |
[37:13] | Let’s test that sound. | 我们试一下音 |
[37:14] | This is Johnny, one-two, one-two. | 这是强尼 一二 一二 |
[37:16] | That works. Midge? | 可以 米琪 |
[37:18] | Midge? | 米琪 |
[37:19] | Sorry. Uh, one-two, one-two. | 抱歉 一二 一二 |
[37:21] | I guess that’ll suffice. | 我猜应该能行 |
[37:22] | Your girl drink too much Karo Syrup last night? | 你的姑娘昨晚卡罗糖浆喝多了吗 |
[37:24] | – Where’s her energy? – She’ll be up for the broadcast, Dickie. | -活力呢 -到广播的时候她就精神了 迪基 |
[37:26] | Don’t wet your panties. | 别着急啊 |
[37:27] | 60 seconds to air. | 离直播还有60秒 |
[37:28] | So the point is to sound super wholesome. | 重点是要听起来超有正能量 |
[37:31] | Think freckled-faced, blonde-haired kids, | 想想雀斑脸 金发的孩子 |
[37:34] | picket fences, ice cream socials. | 尖桩篱笆 冰淇淋聚会 |
[37:36] | You know, they want you to sound like… | 他们想要你们听起来像… |
[37:37] | – America. – Right. | -美国 -没错 |
[37:38] | Like America. Questions? | 要像美国 有问题吗 |
[37:40] | – Nope. – Excellent. | -没有 -太好了 |
[37:42] | Midge? | 米琪 |
[37:44] | Midge? | 米琪 |
[37:45] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[37:46] | I’m sorry. What was that? | 对不起 你说什么 |
[37:48] | I can’t do this. | 我不能做这个 |
[37:49] | This woman, this Schlafly woman… she’s awful. | 这个女人 这个施拉夫利 她太可怕了 |
[37:52] | I stopped by the library. I looked her up. | 我去了图书馆 我去查了她 |
[37:53] | She is racist and sexist | 她种族歧视 性别歧视 |
[37:55] | and she uses way too much hairspray. | 她还用很多发胶 |
[37:57] | I don’t want to speak for her. | 我不想为她发声 |
[37:59] | I’m sorry, what did she say? | 不好意思 她说什么 |
[38:00] | Not the best time to be joking around like this, Midge. | 现在不是开玩笑的时候 米琪 |
[38:02] | These comedians, they make jokes | 这些喜剧演员开玩笑 |
[38:04] | and sometimes they don’t know where the line is. | 有时候都不知道底线在哪里 |
[38:05] | I’m not joking. | 我没有开玩笑 |
[38:06] | I’m not doing this. | 我不会念的 |
[38:07] | – And you shouldn’t either. – Dickie? | -而且你也不该念 -迪基 |
[38:09] | Susie? Help, please. | 苏西 拜托帮帮忙 |
[38:11] | Uh, Miriam? | 米里亚姆 |
[38:12] | Step up to the mic and say the words. | 对着麦 念台词 |
[38:14] | Then I will buy you a hat. | 念完我给你买顶帽子 |
[38:15] | 30 seconds, Dickie. | 还有30秒 迪基 |
[38:17] | Susie, do you have any idea how horrible this woman is? | 苏西 你知道这个女人有多可怕吗 |
[38:20] | I think everybody’s horrible. | 我觉得每个人都很可怕 |
[38:21] | Not as horrible as her. | 但没有她可怕 |
[38:22] | But she’s paying you, which makes me like her. | 但她给你发钱 所以我喜欢她 |
[38:24] | So say the goddamn words. | 快念台词 |
[38:26] | Sorry. I’m out. | 抱歉 我不干了 |
[38:27] | 15 seconds, Dickie. | 还有15秒 迪基 |
[38:28] | Miriam, you just recorded a spot for a massage parlor in Newark. | 米里亚姆 你刚刚给纽瓦克一家按摩店做了广告 |
[38:32] | Do you know how many greasy hand jobs | 你知道在纽瓦克的按摩店里 |
[38:33] | happen on a daily basis at a massage parlor in Newark? | 每天有多少油腻的按摩手法[手活]吗 |
[38:35] | This is on a whole different scale. | 这不是一个层次的 |
[38:37] | This is a giant greasy hand job. | 这是无敌油腻的手活 |
[38:40] | I’m getting the countdown, Dickie. In five. | 要倒计时了 迪基 五 |
[38:42] | – Four. Three. – Just a reminder, it’s live! | -四 三 -我提醒一下 这是直播 |
[38:44] | – Miriam. – Two. | -米里亚姆 -二 |
[38:46] | “America… the land of promise. | “美国 是希望之地 |
[38:48] | Honey, do you ever think about the kind of world | 亲爱的 你有想过让我们的孩子 |
[38:51] | you want our kids to inherit?” | 居住在什么地方吗” |
[38:55] | Talk, goddamn it. | 说话啊 该死 |
[38:56] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[39:05] | “It’s all I can think about | “每当我看着他们 |
[39:06] | when I look into their sweet, innocent faces and their big blue eyes.” | 可爱又单纯的脸庞 还有大大的蓝眼睛时 我都在想着” |
[39:09] | “But…there are so many forces working to usurp us.” | “但有那么多势力想要夺走我们的权利” |
[39:13] | “I know, dear. | “我知道 亲爱的 |
[39:13] | “Like foreigners and Communists who don’t even think | “就像外国人和共产主义者都认为 |
[39:16] | we should fly the American flag outside our little house.” | 我们不该在房子外面升国旗” |
[39:19] | “There’s nothing wrong with taking pride in the Stars and Stripes. | “以星条旗为傲并没有错” |
[39:22] | Here, lean in, honey.” | 来 到我怀里来 亲爱的” |
[39:24] | “Oh, I love it when you rub my nose.” | “我喜欢你这样蹭我的鼻子” |
[39:27] | “And there’s nothing wrong with taking pride in our country’s might.” | “为我们国家的强大而骄也没有错” |
[39:30] | “I was just explaining to little Timmy this morning | “我早上还跟小蒂米说了 |
[39:33] | that the atomic bomb | 原子弹是 |
[39:34] | is a marvelous gift that was given to our country by God.” | 上帝赐给我们国家的美妙的礼物” |
[39:38] | Holy fuck, this woman’s a monster. | 我的妈呀 这个女人真是个魔头 |
[39:40] | That’s what I was saying. | 我就是这个意思 |
[39:41] | What the hell is going on here? | 这是怎么回事 |
[39:43] | – Plus, the segues are terrible. – Irene! | -再说 这配乐好难听 -艾琳 |
[39:45] | “Did you also tell the children that we can’t let | “那你有没有告诉孩子们我们不能 |
[39:48] | certain well-financed minorities | 让某些有钱的少数民族 |
[39:50] | determine America’s future?” | 决定美国的未来” |
[39:52] | – What the fuck? – Where are we? | -什么东西 -念到哪了 |
[39:54] | We really have to start reading these contracts. | 我们真的要认真看看合同了 |
[39:56] | I did, and it said nothing about this woman being Satan. | 我看了 合同上没说这个女人是个恶魔 |
[39:58] | “… children that we can’t let certain | “告诉孩子们我们不能 |
[39:59] | well-financed minorities determine America’s future?” | 让某些有钱的少数民族决定美国的未来” |
[40:04] | Yes, I did, dear. I told them to brush their teeth | 我说了 亲爱的 我告诉孩子们要好好刷牙 |
[40:07] | and to not let certain well-financed minorities, | 不能让某些有钱的少数民族 |
[40:10] | have futures. | 决定未来 |
[40:11] | Something like that? America, yay! | 之类的 美国万岁 |
[40:14] | I’m sorry, where are we? | 抱歉 念到哪儿了 |
[40:15] | And, we’re out. | 我们完了 |
[40:29] | So, does this pay cash or check or… flags? | 付现金 支票 还是国旗 |
[40:34] | This woman’s a monster. | 这个女人是魔鬼 |
[40:38] | Yeah, sorry, Mama, this place is just not right for you guys. | 对不起 妈妈 这个地方不适合你们 |
[40:41] | I still can’t figure out how that pigeon got in. | 我还是想不通那鸽子是怎么飞进去的 |
[40:44] | I’m guessing the bathroom window that’s stuck open. | 我猜是厕所那扇关不上的窗户 |
[40:45] | – Who is that? – It’s the real estate agent, Joan. | -谁在说话 -房产中介 琼 |
[40:47] | Hi, Mrs. Weissman. Sorry about the pigeon. | 你好 维斯曼夫人 我为鸽子的事情感到抱歉 |
[40:50] | We’ll find you the right apartment, Mama. | 我们会帮你找到合适的公寓的 妈妈 |
[40:52] | This is New York, there’s a million of them. | 这里是纽约 公寓成千上万 |
[40:54] | All right. Bye. | 好 拜 |
[40:56] | It’s a tough market. | 他们的预算 |
[40:57] | Especially in their price range. | 很难找到合适的公寓 |
[40:59] | – I’ll keep looking. – Thanks. | -我会持续关注的 -谢谢 |
[41:01] | You all used to live right up the street there, didn’t you? | 你们一家以前就住在这条街 对吗 |
[41:03] | – At 385? – Used to. | -在385号 -以前是 |
[41:04] | Such a beautiful building. | 很漂亮的房子 |
[41:06] | Well, tell your mother not to worry. | 告诉你妈妈不要太担心 |
[41:08] | We’ll find something. | 我们会找到房子的 |
[41:09] | Will do. | 好的 |
[41:22] | *Stars shining bright above you* | *群星夜空闪烁* |
[41:29] | *Night breezes seem to whisper “I love you…”* | *晚风轻诉爱意* |
[41:34] | Have a nice day, Mr. And Mrs. Hollander. | 一路顺风 霍华德先生夫人 |
[41:37] | How… Mrs. Maisel. | 麦瑟尔夫人 你怎么… |
[41:38] | – It’s so good to see you. – Hi, Antonio. | -看见您真好 -安东尼奥 |
[41:40] | We were just saying we can’t eat a black and white | 我们刚才还在说一吃黑白夹心饼干 |
[41:42] | without thinking of you. | 就会想起你 |
[41:44] | How we miss you. The whole Weissman clan. | 我们很想念你们 维斯曼一家人 |
[41:46] | We miss you, too. | 我们也很想念你们 |
[41:48] | J-Jerry, look who the cat dragged in. | 杰瑞 看看谁来了 |
[41:49] | How are you, Mrs. Maisel? | 您最近如何 麦瑟尔夫人 |
[41:50] | I’m very well, Jerry. | 我很好杰瑞 |
[41:52] | What can we do for you? | 您有何贵干 |
[41:54] | Take me to nine? Would that be all right? | 能带我去第九层吗 |
[41:56] | Of course. Your old floor. | 当然 您以前住的楼层 |
[41:58] | I’m feeling a little nostalgic. | 我有点想那房子了 |
[42:00] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[42:02] | You look healthy, Jerry. | 你看起来很精神 杰瑞 |
[42:03] | – I swam. – Oh, you’re swimming? | -我游泳了 -你游泳健身吗 |
[42:05] | – Just the one time. – Good for you. | -就游了那么一次 -挺好 |
[42:11] | I’ll wait for you, Mrs. Maisel. | 我在这等您 麦瑟尔夫人 |
[42:13] | Thank you, Jerry. | 谢谢你 杰瑞 |
[42:14] | *Say nighty-night and kiss me* | *说着晚安亲吻我* |
[42:19] | It’s the second time I tripped over them. | 我第二次被这玩意儿绊倒了 |
[42:21] | *Just hold me tight and tell me you’ll miss me…* | *抱紧我 告诉我你会想念我* |
[42:26] | This whole room looks like a pigsty. | 房间被你们弄得像猪圈 |
[42:29] | Hello? | 你好 |
[42:33] | *Dream a little dream of me* | *梦中会梦到我* |
[42:36] | I’m gonna count to three. | 我数到三 |
[42:38] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[42:43] | …both of you here anymore. | 把你们送走 |
[42:45] | Your father is going to be in Missouri, | 你爸要去密苏里 |
[42:47] | and you’ll be scrounging for food on the streets. | 你们就只能在街上翻垃圾吃 |
[42:50] | And you’re going in for your nap, Ronald. | 你该睡午觉了 罗纳德 |
[42:52] | – Accept it. – Ah, Mom! | -快点 -妈妈 |
[42:54] | Your nap is not optional. | 你没得选 |
[42:55] | – Ronald. Ronald. – Midge? | -罗纳德 罗纳德 -米琪 |
[42:57] | – Ronald! Now come on. – Midge? | -罗纳德 快点过来 -米琪 |
[42:58] | – Wash your hands and get your jammies on. – Midge? | -把手洗了 过来穿睡衣 -米琪 |
[42:59] | Your son is not cooperating! | 你儿子不乖 |
[43:01] | He’s running around naked and the people across the way can see! | 他光着身子乱跑 街对面的人都能看到了 |
[43:04] | Why is my grandson naked? | 为什么我外孙光着 |
[43:05] | That is a question for your grandson, Abe. | 你该问你外孙 亚伯 |
[43:07] | He has a mind of his own. | 他有自己的想法 |
[43:08] | Oh, my God, he’ll catch cold. | 天哪 他会感冒的 |
[43:10] | – Grab him! – I soaped him up | -抓住他 -我给他抹了肥皂 |
[43:11] | so he keeps slipping out of my grasp. | 他现在滑溜溜的 抓不住 |
[43:12] | I got him. Oh, whoa, whoa. | 我抓住他了 |
[43:14] | – I don’t got him. – The neighbors are looking! | -我没抓住 -邻居都在看 |
[43:15] | We should be charging for this. | 我们应该问他们收钱 |
[43:16] | – Midge! We need you. – Miriam, cut him off in the foyer! | -米琪 我们需要你 -米里亚姆 在门厅截住他 |
[43:19] | Midge! Midge! | 米琪 米琪 |
[43:21] | Hello? | 你好 |
[43:22] | Oh, you scared me. | 天哪 你吓到我了 |
[43:24] | Although, I should be the one scaring you. | 好吧 应该是我吓到你 |
[43:26] | I pretty much broke in to your place. | 突然出现在你家里 |
[43:28] | It’s okay, I think. | 没关系的 |
[43:30] | I used to live here, in this apartment. | 我以前住在这儿 就住这间公寓 |
[43:33] | My parents were upstairs. I grew up here. | 我父母住在楼上 我在这里长大的 |
[43:36] | That’s sweet. | 真温馨 |
[43:38] | It’s a great place. I’m gonna miss it. | 这是间很棒的公寓 我会怀念它的 |
[43:39] | Guys, please stop yelling! | 熊孩子 别吵了 |
[43:41] | – You’re moving? – My husband’s a researcher, | -你要搬走了 -我丈夫是调查员 |
[43:43] | and he lives by grants, so we’re nomads. | 得听公家的 我们只好四海为家 |
[43:46] | Next week, it’s off to St. Louis. | 下周我们要去圣路易斯 |
[43:48] | Okay, all you did was get louder! | 你们越来越吵了 |
[43:50] | I’m sorry, I’ll leave you be. You’ve got your hands full. | 抱歉 不打扰了 你似乎很忙 |
[43:52] | No, no, stay if you want. Look around some more. | 不 不 你自己随便再看看吧 |
[43:55] | – I’m not a baby! – Can I see the kitchen? | -我已经不是小孩了 -我能去看看厨房吗 |
[43:58] | – It’s all yours. – Mom, Susan knocked the lamp over. | -请便 -妈妈 苏珊把台灯打碎了 |
[44:01] | Your father’s going to hear about this! | 我要告诉你们爸爸 |
[44:03] | *Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you* | *直到阳光把你从美梦中唤醒* |
[44:09] | *Sweet dreams that leave* | *做一个美梦* |
[44:12] | *All worries behind you* | *把所有忧愁都抛诸脑后* |
[44:16] | *But in your dreams* | *但你的梦里* |
[44:19] | *Whatever they be* | *无论有什么* |
[44:22] | *Dream a little dream* | *希望你梦里* |
[44:28] | *Of me.* | *有我* |
[44:35] | 《朱莉小姐》 主演 盖文·霍克 苏菲·列侬 | |
[44:39] | Sorry… coming through. | 抱歉 借过 |
[44:42] | No, don’t get up. | 不 不用起来 |
[44:44] | Excuse me. What are you looking at? | 不好意思 看什么看 |
[44:47] | How’s it going backstage? | 后台怎么样 |
[44:49] | Sophie was chatting it up with Gavin and Moira. | 苏菲刚在和盖文和莫伊拉聊天 |
[44:51] | Gave ’em each a bottle of scotch, wished them well. | 一人送了一瓶威士忌 祝他们正常发挥 |
[44:54] | Now she’s having a weird, quiet moment. | 但现在她陷入一种古怪的沉默中 |
[44:55] | She left her awful dogs at home. So far, so good. | 她把那两只狗留家里了 目前为止还算正常 |
[44:59] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[45:01] | I think I’m excited. I think that’s what this feeling is. | 有点激动 现在只有这种感觉 |
[45:04] | Good. She put you through a lot, | 很好 她让你吃了不少苦头 |
[45:05] | and you pulled this off. | 但你做到了 |
[45:06] | This is your night as much as hers. | 今晚对你来说同样意义非凡 |
[45:08] | Now, enjoy it. | 好好享受 |
[45:25] | Tonight, Miss Julie is crazy again. | 朱莉小姐今晚又疯了 |
[45:26] | Absolutely crazy. | 彻底疯了 |
[45:34] | So you’ve returned. | 你回来了 |
[45:36] | I took the count to the station, | 我送了伯爵去车站 |
[45:37] | and when I came back, I saw Miss Julie dancing with the gamekeeper. | 回来的时候 我看见朱莉小姐在和猎场看守人跳舞 |
[45:40] | And then she rushed up to me and asked me to dance the waltz with her. | 还跑到我面前 邀请我和她一起跳华尔兹 |
[45:43] | She’s crazy. | 她疯了 |
[45:44] | And always has been, but never the way it’s been this last fortnight, | 她一直这样 但自从两周前她被退婚后 |
[45:48] | since her engagement was broken. | 她变得变本加厉 |
[45:49] | Do you know how it happened, Christine? | 你知道发生了什么吗 克莉丝汀 |
[45:52] | They were in the stable, | 他们关系一直很好 |
[45:53] | and she was training him, as she called it. | 而且她还在训练他 她称之为训练 |
[45:56] | She made him leap over her horse whip, | 她训练他从她的马鞭上跳过去 |
[45:58] | the way you teach a dog to jump. | 像训狗一样 |
[46:01] | Hey, duchess, you ever hear of a cough drop? | 公爵夫人 听说过止咳糖吗 |
[46:04] | – Susie, shh. – It’s a classy fuckin’ play. | -苏西 嘘 -这部剧很他妈经典的 |
[46:06] | Now, what do you have that’s tasty, Christine? | 你做了什么好吃的 克莉丝汀 |
[46:08] | Oh, just some kidney that I cut out of the veal roast. | 做了些烤牛腰子 |
[46:11] | Ah, good. | 很好 |
[46:12] | Oh, Jean, won’t you dance with me when I’m done? | 约翰 我忙完以后 共舞一曲好吗 |
[46:15] | – Of course I will. – Do you promise? | -当然可以 -你保证吗 |
[46:17] | Promise? | 保证 |
[46:18] | When I say so, I do it. | 我言出必行 |
[46:22] | And thanks for the good food. Tasted fine. | 谢谢你的款待 很美味 |
[46:34] | Is this supposed to be happening? | 这是正常的吗 |
[46:37] | Very fine, indeed, Christine. | 确实很美味 克莉丝汀 |
[46:41] | Tasted fine. | 很美味 |
[46:43] | Come on, come on. | 拜托 拜托 |
[46:45] | I’ll be back in a minute, | 我马上回来 |
[46:47] | You go right on in the meantime. | 你们继续 |
[47:04] | Tell me, is it almost done, Christine? | 都做好了吗 克莉丝汀 |
[47:07] | The ladies are having secrets, I believe. | 看来是女士间的小秘密了 |
[47:11] | That is for you, Jean. | 去你的 约翰 |
[47:13] | Oh, what a delicious odor that violet has. | 是紫罗兰的香味 |
[47:16] | Mm, impudent. | 真放肆 |
[47:17] | So you understand perfumes also. | 看来你懂香水 |
[47:20] | And know pretty well how to dance. | 还知道怎么跳舞 |
[47:22] | Do not peek. No, no, no, go away. | 别偷看 出去 |
[47:31] | Is it some kind of witches’ broth | 你们是在为仲夏前夜 |
[47:33] | the ladies are cooking on Midsummer Eve? | 做女巫汤吗 |
[47:35] | Something to tell fortunes by | 可以占卜命运 |
[47:36] | and bring out the lucky star in which one’s future love is seen? | 召唤幸运星 预见未来爱人 |
[47:42] | If you can see that, | 如果你能看出这个 |
[47:44] | you have very good eyes indeed. | 那你的洞察力真的很敏锐 |
[47:46] | Is she supposed to be so quiet? | 这么小声对吗 |
[47:48] | No, you’re supposed to be able to hear it. | 不 应该让人听得到才对 |
[47:50] | Come dance with me, Jean. | 来和我跳舞吧 约翰 |
[47:53] | I had promised to dance with Christine this time. | 我已经答应要和克莉丝汀跳舞了 |
[47:57] | Well, Christine can get someone else, Gavin. | 克莉丝汀可以找到其他人的 盖文 |
[47:59] | Did she say “Gavin”? | 她是说了”盖文”吗 |
[48:01] | Shit. Shit. | 靠 靠 |
[48:03] | I don’t want to be impolite, | 我不想对你无礼 |
[48:05] | but I truly made a promise. | 但我真的答应她了 |
[48:07] | Now I can’t hear him. | 现在连他也听不到了 |
[48:09] | She can get somebody else. | 她可以找别人 |
[48:12] | Louder. Louder. | 大声点 大声点 |
[48:14] | She can get somebody else, can’t you, Christine? | 她可以找别人 不是吗 克莉丝汀 |
[48:18] | Will you let me borrow Jean from you? Huh? | 你能把约翰借给我吗 啊 |
[48:21] | That isn’t for me to say, Miss Julie. | 这不是我说了算的 朱莉小姐 |
[48:24] | Frankly speaking, | 恕我直言 |
[48:25] | is it wise for Miss Julie to dance twice with the same partner? | 您和同一个舞伴跳两次舞明智吗 |
[48:29] | People will start to talk. | 人们会说闲话 |
[48:31] | What is that? What kind of talk? | 什么玩意儿 说什么闲话 |
[48:34] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[48:35] | They sound like my grandparents. | 这声调听起来像我爷爷奶奶 |
[48:36] | It doesn’t look well to prefer one servant to all the rest. | 格外青睐一个仆人有失体统 |
[48:40] | Prefer? What ideas! I am surprised. | 青睐 真荒唐 我都惊了 |
[48:43] | I, the mistress of the house… | 我是这个家的女主人 |
[48:46] | It’s fine. She’s just projecting for the back row. | 没事 她只是在照顾后排观众 |
[48:49] | Yeah, of Yankee Stadium? | 以为在洋基球场吗 |
[48:49] | And when it so happens I want to dance, | 当我想跳舞的时候 |
[48:51] | I want to dance with one who knows how to lead | 我想和一个懂得领舞的人跳 |
[48:53] | so I am not made ridiculous. | 我才不会出糗 |
[48:56] | As you command, Miss Julie. I am at your service. | 听您差遣 朱莉小姐 随时为您效劳 |
[48:59] | Oh, don’t take it as a command. | 我可没有差遣你 |
[49:02] | – Aw, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck… – Tonight, all rank should be forgotten. | -靠靠靠靠 -今夜忘记所有的阶层 |
[49:05] | Christine will make a pleasant wife. | 克莉丝汀会是个很好的妻子 |
[49:10] | Perhaps she snores, too. | 她可能也打鼾 |
[49:13] | No, she doesn’t. But she talks in her sleep. | 她不打 但她会说梦话 |
[49:16] | How do you know?! | 这你也知道 |
[49:20] | I’ve heard it. | 我听说的 |
[49:21] | Give me something to drink. | 给我点喝的 |
[49:24] | We have nothing but beer. | 除了啤酒什么也没有 |
[49:26] | Beer?! | 啤酒 |
[49:28] | I didn’t know you were serving breakfast. | 没想到你还提供早餐 |
[49:31] | I can’t watch. I can’t watch. | 没眼看 没眼看 |
[49:33] | I can’t not. | 不能不看 |
[49:34] | You want some for yourself? | 你不喝一点吗 |
[49:36] | A polite gentleman should keep a lady company. | 你一个绅士 总不会让女士独斟独饮 |
[49:39] | Wouldn’t be proper in your presence. | 在您面前喝酒恐怕不合适 |
[49:41] | Are you bashful, | 你竟然害羞 |
[49:43] | a big, grown-up man? | 一个高大威猛的男人 |
[49:49] | Tout suite. Julie’s thirsty. | 快点 朱莉渴了 |
[49:52] | – We love you, Sophie. – We love you, Sophie. | -我们爱你 苏菲 -我们爱你 苏菲 |
[49:55] | To the health of my liege lady. | 祝您安康 |
[49:58] | Bravo! Ha ha! | 干杯 |
[50:05] | Now… | 现在 |
[50:09] | Kiss my shoe. | 亲吻我的鞋子 |
[50:13] | This part’s in the play. | 剧本这么写的 |
[50:23] | – Kiss it! – Yeah, kiss it. | -亲啊 -对啊 快亲 |
[50:27] | Well, it looks like someone was hungry for some moo shoe pork. | 看来有人饿得连”木鞋肉”都能下嘴 |
[50:33] | Huh? And unfortunately, | 不过可惜 |
[50:35] | I just left the stables. | 我刚从马厩出来 |
[50:38] | Hey, don’t worry, after the stables, | 没关系 离开马厩之后 |
[50:40] | I washed ’em off… in a toilet. | 我洗了鞋…用茅厕水洗的 |
[50:44] | Put that on your plate, huh? | 悠着点笑 |
[50:48] | The other day, I was hanging out by the cows, | 有一天我在一群牛旁边散步 |
[50:51] | and one of the farmhands tried to milk me. | 一只手居然伸过来想挤我的奶 |
[50:56] | And my last husband never kissed my shoe, | 我最后一任丈夫从不亲我的鞋 |
[50:59] | but he always had a foot in his mouth. | 但他总把我的脚放在他嘴里[总说错话] |
[51:03] | Aw, it’s so filthy here in the country. | 乡下灰尘漫天的 |
[51:06] | My clothes are so dirty… | 我的衣服脏得不行 |
[51:09] | How dirty are they? | 有多脏 |
[51:10] | My clothes are so dirty, my washboard needs a washboard. | 脏到我的洗衣板也需要洗一洗 |
[51:19] | The count is back. | 公爵回来了 |
[51:20] | You mean Count Dracula? | 德古拉公爵 |
[51:22] | Is that where you got that big hickey on your neck? | 你脖子上的吻痕就是从他那来的吗 |
[51:26] | It wasn’t me. | 反正不是我 |
[51:29] | Well, folks, we’re close enough to the finish line, I think. | 各位 这剧就快收尾了 大概就是 |
[51:33] | Everybody’s sad, I go off to die. | 大家都很难过 我决定去死 |
[51:36] | Blah, blah, blah. The end. | 哭哭啼啼 结束 |
[51:38] | See ya! | 再会 |
[51:40] | Susie, wait. | 苏西 等等 |
[52:19] | We love you, Sophie! | 我们爱你 苏菲 |
[52:21] | Oh, thank you very much. | 谢谢你们 |
[52:26] | Oh, look, you got Sophie’s hay fever going. | 你们要让苏菲得花粉热了 |
[52:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[52:38] | I hate you. | 我恨你 |
[52:40] | Theater hates you! | 剧院也恨死你了 |
[52:42] | Sophie. Sophie, Sophie… | 苏菲 苏菲 苏菲 |
[52:46] | Fucking stop. | 妈的停下来 |
[52:48] | Sophie, fucking stop! | 苏菲 你他妈停下来 |
[52:50] | Hey! Hey, I got something for your plate. | 我有东西能让你”悠着点笑” |
[52:55] | What the fuck just happened? | 你他妈刚才在干什么 |
[52:57] | ‘Cause I know you did not just trash that production. | 我不相信你演砸了这场戏 |
[52:59] | I know I must have eaten some spoiled cheese | 一定是我吃错了什么东西 |
[53:01] | or a hash brownie and hallucinated | 产生了幻觉 |
[53:04] | that on the opening night of your Broadway premiere, | 才看到你在百老汇首秀上 |
[53:06] | you chose to flush it all down the shitter. | 让自己的努力付诸”屎”流 |
[53:08] | What are you talking about? This is your fault. | 你在说什么 这是你的错 |
[53:11] | My fault? | 我的错 |
[53:12] | I am the biggest comedy star in America, | 我是美国最有名的喜剧演员 |
[53:14] | and you chose to dump that and have me act. | 你却让我改路子去演戏剧 |
[53:18] | Act in this ridiculous farce of a play. | 还演这么一出滑稽戏 |
[53:20] | I had never even heard of Strindberg before I met you. | 不是因为你 我听都没听过斯特林堡 |
[53:22] | You should have stopped me. You’re my manager. | 你应该阻止我 你是我的经纪人 |
[53:25] | You fired Harry Drake because he stopped you from doing Strindberg, | 哈里·德雷克阻止你演这戏 你把他炒了 |
[53:28] | you whacko. Remember? | 记得吗 疯婆娘 |
[53:29] | 著名喜剧演员 后同为百老汇剧 | |
[53:29] | Just like he stopped Jerry Lewis from doing A Raisin in the Sun. | 他也阻止了杰瑞·刘易斯演《阳光下的葡萄干》 |
[53:32] | It’s what a good manager does. | 好经纪人就该这样 |
[53:34] | Goddamn it, Sophie. | 妈的 苏菲 |
[53:36] | You asked me to get you a shot. | 你让我给你争取个机会 |
[53:37] | I got you a shot and you chickened out. | 我给你争取到了 但你自己退缩了 |
[53:39] | You choked. | 你搞砸了 |
[53:40] | How dare you! | 你竟敢说 |
[53:42] | I went out on a limb for you. | 我挺身帮你 |
[53:44] | Bernie went out on a limb for you. | 伯尼挺身帮你 |
[53:45] | The investors went out on a limb for you. | 投资方挺身帮你 |
[53:47] | Fucking asshole tennis-playing Milken went out on a limb for you! | 连他妈只会打网球的混蛋米尔肯也帮你 |
[53:51] | We got Gavin Hawk to star opposite you. | 我们找来盖文·霍克和你对戏 |
[53:53] | You were all conspiring against me. | 你们合起伙来跟我作对 |
[53:55] | – Hey, call Bellevue. Tell ’em to bring a net. – Especially you. | -打给贝尔维尤医院 叫他们带张网来 -特别是你 |
[53:59] | Why, Sophie? Why would I do that? | 为什么苏菲 为什么我要跟你作对 |
[54:02] | For her. | 因为她 |
[54:04] | You were trying to prop her up | 你想捧红她 |
[54:06] | by bringing me down. | 打压我 |
[54:11] | – Let’s go. – You’re walking away from me? | -走吧 -你要离开我吗 |
[54:13] | Yeah, I’m walking away. | 对 我要离开 |
[54:14] | Because you are nothing but a fraud, | 因为你就是个骗子 |
[54:16] | with your Jell-O and your stuck-up butler | 徒有果冻 势利的男管家 |
[54:18] | and your lemon wedges. | 和柠檬块而已 |
[54:20] | And you want to know what the really sad thing is, Sophie? | 知道你最可悲的地方在哪吗 苏菲 |
[54:22] | You could have done it. | 你原本可以成功的 |
[54:24] | I watched you rehearse every single day, | 我每天都看着你排练 |
[54:27] | and you were good. | 你演得很好 |
[54:28] | Fuck that, you were great. | 去他的 你演得令人赞叹 |
[54:29] | A great fucking serious actress. | 他妈的正儿八经的演员 |
[54:32] | And you had it all right there in the palm of your hand, | 成功都快送到你跟前了 |
[54:34] | and all you had to do was have the guts to follow through | 只需要你有能耐坚持下去 |
[54:36] | and do it, and you didn’t. | 把戏演完 但你没有 |
[54:39] | You fuckin’ folded like a deck of cards. | 你他妈随随便便就放弃了 |
[54:41] | – Harry knew. – Harry knew what? | -哈里早就知道 -知道什么 |
[54:44] | That you didn’t have the stuff to make it on Broadway. | 你根本没有本事上百老汇 |
[54:47] | He was no idiot. He knew. | 他不是傻子 他早就料到了 |
[54:49] | And I do not have to take you down for her. | 我根本不需要打压你来捧她 |
[54:52] | You are not her competition. | 你不是她的对手 |
[54:53] | You are not even in the same league. | 你们根本不在一个层次上 |
[54:55] | She’s got guts. | 她有勇气 |
[54:57] | That is the difference between Midge Maisel | 这就是米琪·麦瑟尔 |
[54:59] | and the great Sophie Lennon. | 和伟大的苏菲·列侬的差别 |
[55:02] | You’re a star, for now, | 你不过是个潮流明星 |
[55:03] | but she is gonna be a goddamn legend. | 但她会成为绝世传奇 |
[55:09] | I’m setting those fuckin’ birds loose | 我一回家就把那些 |
[55:10] | the minute I get home. | 傻逼鸟放了 |