时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Ah, come on. No. | 拜托 不是 |
[00:10] | No. No. | 不是 |
[00:13] | It’s got to be… | 肯定在…那是什么? |
[00:15] | – What is that? – ♪ Tainted love ♪ | 麻省剑桥市 |
[00:17] | – ♪ Now I know I’ve got to… – No. | 1981年 |
[00:21] | Where are the…? Damn it. | 没有…到底在哪里… |
[00:24] | Why can’t anything ever be where it’s supposed to be | 可恶 |
[00:26] | when I need to… | 为啥每次我想用一样东西时 那东西总是不在应该在的… |
[00:29] | – Did you see it there? – I did not. | -你看到它在我手腕上吗? -没看到 |
[00:31] | I was digging through this bag for ten minutes, | 我在包里翻了十分钟 |
[00:32] | and you just sat there? | 而你就坐在那里? |
[00:33] | I thought you were looking for a pen. | -我以为你找的是笔 |
[00:34] | Why would I be looking for a pen? | -我干嘛找笔? |
[00:35] | Because you often look for a pen… | 因为当你脑子里冒出一个想法时 |
[00:36] | There’s a pen right there on the table. Two pens. | 你总是会找笔 |
[00:38] | – …when a thought occurs to you. – You’re the one taking notes. | 你在做笔记呢 |
[00:39] | Not everything that happens to you is somebody else’s fault. | 发生在你身上的一切 并非全是别人的错 |
[00:41] | Okay. Should I write that down with one of the two pens? | 好吧 我该用一支笔 把这话写下来吗? |
[00:44] | – Do you remember… – Yes, I remember where I was. | -你记不记得… |
[00:46] | I should shave my head. | -我记得我刚说到哪儿了 |
[00:49] | She’d just love that. | 我应该剃光头 她会喜欢死的 |
[00:51] | I always remember where I was. | 我每次都记得我说到哪儿了 |
[00:53] | I can keep several complex thoughts in my head at one time. | 我能够把复杂的想法记在脑子里 |
[00:55] | That’s why NASA keeps begging me to move to Florida. | 所以航空航天局才一直求我搬去佛州 |
[01:00] | Four o’clock in the morning, the phone rings | 凌晨4点 |
[01:03] | because that’s when she finishes her work. | 电话响了 因为她下班了 |
[01:04] | Doesn’t matter that the rest of us have | 完全不顾我8点得去实验室 |
[01:05] | to be in a lab at 8:00 a.m. I mean, she’s just so… | 她实在是太… |
[01:08] | And everything has to be… Plus, there’s the whole… | 而且凡事都必须…另外 还有那些… |
[01:10] | – Finish the thought. – What? | -把想法补全 -什么? |
[01:13] | You’re supposed to be working on finishing your thoughts. | 你现在锻炼的是把想法补全 |
[01:15] | – I am finishing my thoughts. – Well, in your head, yes, but out loud… | -我有在补全啊 -那是在你的脑子里 但完整说出… |
[01:18] | I’m tired of being criticized by you. | 我厌倦了被你批评 |
[01:20] | By her. It’s not my fault | 被她批评 |
[01:21] | that everyone in the world is slower than I am. | 每个人的脑子都比我慢不是我的错 |
[01:23] | They always were. | 他们总是比我慢 |
[01:24] | The only person I could ever talk to was Grandpa. | 唯一可以和我对话的人是姥爷 |
[01:26] | That’s it. Are you staying over there? | -你要待在那边吗? |
[01:28] | I thought we were doing the couch today. | -我以为我们要在沙发上做咨询 |
[01:30] | You said we were working on proximity issues. | -你不是说要处理亲密关系问题? |
[01:32] | Sure. Sorry. | -没错 抱歉 |
[01:33] | You’re the one who set the agenda. | 流程是你设定的 |
[01:35] | I just wanted some Klonopin. | 我只想要氯硝安定 |
[01:36] | I’m all settled. Good? | 我已经有结论了 可以吗? |
[01:37] | – I don’t want bangs. – You don’t have to get bangs. | -我不想留刘海 -你不必留刘海 |
[01:40] | Who calls people at 4:00 in the morning? | 谁会在凌晨4点给人打电话啊? |
[01:41] | Huh? I’m working on my PhD. That’s important, too. | 我正在攻读博士学位 这对我很重要 |
[01:44] | I mean, does the woman not know | 她不知道雷诺和波士顿 |
[01:46] | that Reno and Boston aren’t in same time zone? | 不在同一时区吗? |
[01:52] | – What are you writing? – You wouldn’t understand. | -你在写什么? -你不会明白的 |
[01:54] | Well, make me understand. | 那你给我解释嘛 |
[01:55] | Molecular kinetic sequencing? | 分子动力学测序?难道你想了解这? |
[01:57] | That’s what you’d like me to make you understand? | |
[01:59] | I thought you were writing about your mother. | -我以为是关于你母亲的 |
[02:00] | Not everything in the world revolves around… | -世上的事情并非全围着… |
[02:05] | I am trying to figure out how to use DNA mutations | 我想弄清楚如何使用DNA突变 |
[02:08] | to change the very trajectory of disease and rearrange it | 改变疾病的轨迹并将其重新排列 |
[02:11] | so we can control the very basic process in which we… | 这样我们就可以控制进程…等等 |
[02:13] | Wait. | |
[02:18] | Okay, I did it. | 好的 我成功了 |
[02:20] | You did? Are you sure? | -你成功了?确定吗? |
[02:22] | – Want to check my work? – No. | -要检查我的工作吗? |
[02:24] | I believe you. | 不 我相信你 我是说… |
[02:26] | My God, Esther, that’s amazing. | 天啊 艾斯特 太棒了 |
[02:29] | I mean, what you’ve done, right here in my office, | 我的意思是 你在我办公室做的 |
[02:33] | that’s a monumental achievement. | 是一个巨大的成就 |
[02:35] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗?那就去告诉我妈! |
[02:36] | Well, tell it to my mother! | 纽约市 1961年 |
[02:47] | How the fuck was I ever convinced to use a top sheet?! | 我是怎么被人洗脑 |
[02:50] | God. | 买了一床隔层床单的? |
[02:54] | Susie somebody’s office. Susie. | -苏西某某的办公室 -苏西 |
[02:56] | Oh, good. I thought you weren’t there. | 太好了 还以为你不在呢 |
[02:57] | – Who is this? – It’s Rose. | -你是谁? |
[02:59] | Miriam is very ill. | -我是罗斯 米里亚姆病得很重 |
[03:01] | What? No. | 什么?不 |
[03:03] | No, no, no. She doesn’t get it till the 14th. | 她14号才来月经 我都在日历上标出来了 |
[03:04] | – I got it marked on the calendar. – It’s not that. | 不是那回事 |
[03:06] | She came home very late last night, practically frozen. | 她昨晚很晚才到家 几乎冻僵了 |
[03:09] | What the fuck was she doing out in a blizzard? | -她在暴风雪里做什么? |
[03:11] | I was hoping you could tell me. | -我还指望你告诉我呢 |
[03:12] | Well, she’s your daughter. You live with her. | -她是你的女儿 你和她住在一起 |
[03:14] | She’s your client, and she’s never home. | -她是你的艺人 她从不着家 |
[03:17] | I’m not the one who was supposed to teach her about snow. | 关于雪的知识又不该由我教 |
[03:18] | That one’s squarely on you. | 那是你的事 |
[03:20] | Well, whosever fault it is, she got home a block of ice. | 好吧 不管是谁的错 总之她到家时冻成了一块冰 |
[03:23] | Her coat was wool, so it shrank on her, | 她穿着一件羊毛外套 都缩水了 |
[03:26] | and we had to borrow garden shears from the super | 我们只好借了园艺剪刀把它剪掉 |
[03:28] | to cut it off her. | |
[03:29] | We threw her in a hot shower and put her into bed. | 给她洗了个热水澡 |
[03:31] | The doctor came. She’s got hypothermia. | 让她上床睡觉 医生来之后诊断她体温过低 |
[03:34] | – Jesus. – She’s so agitated. | -老天 |
[03:36] | She can’t sleep. She just lies there, babbling. | -她情绪太激动了 睡不着 |
[03:39] | So we need you to come over and interpret for us. | 她躺在床上喋喋不休 我们需要你来为我们翻译 |
[03:42] | You speak Miriam’s language | 你听得懂她的语言 |
[03:43] | and are familiar with all that showbiz patois. | 并且知道演艺圈的行话 |
[03:45] | – Uh, okay, yeah, I’ll be right over. – Good. | -行 我马上过来 -很好 |
[03:48] | Now, when you get here, be careful not to mention toes. | 你来了之后千万别提脚趾 |
[03:50] | There’s a chance she may lose one or two of them. | -她有可能会失去一两根脚趾 |
[03:52] | She’s gonna lose her toes? | -她会失去脚趾? |
[03:54] | We’re hoping just the left middle one. | 要失去的话希望是左脚中间那根 |
[03:56] | She’ll still be able to walk somewhat normally, | 起码她依然能正常走路 |
[03:57] | and fitting into narrow shoes | 穿上窄鞋也容易一点 |
[03:59] | will actually be easier without it. So, lemonade. | 人得学会苦中作乐 |
[04:02] | – We’ll see you soon? – Yeah. Bye. | -你很快就会过来吗? -是的 待会见 |
[04:07] | Hello? I’m here. | 哈喽?我来了 |
[04:09] | – Susie? – Yeah. | -苏西?门锁着的 |
[04:11] | That door was locked. How did you get in? | 你怎么进来的? -是的 |
[04:13] | – I still have my key. – Why? | -我那把钥匙还留着 -为什么? |
[04:15] | I don’t know. It’s on my key necklace. | 不知道 |
[04:16] | I just forgot to take it off. | 就在我的钥匙链上 忘记取下来了 |
[04:18] | Oh, thank God you’re here. | -感谢上帝 |
[04:19] | – Let herself right in. – How is she? | 你终于来了 -她是自己进来的 |
[04:21] | She’s still talking nonsense. | -她怎么样了? -还在胡说八道 |
[04:22] | She kept the key. It’s now a necklace. | -她还拿着那把钥匙 |
[04:24] | So what? | -那又怎样? |
[04:25] | Hey. Miriam. Update. Please. | 喂 跟我报告米里亚姆的最新情况 |
[04:26] | No improvement. She’s practically speaking in tongues. | 没好转 |
[04:29] | There’s a lot of random words, strange sounds. | 她在胡言乱语 听不懂她在说什么 |
[04:31] | She could be speaking bebop. | 她有可能是在唱波普 |
[04:32] | On the way here, I remembered she went to Carnegie Hall | 我记得她去卡内基大厅 |
[04:34] | last night to see Lenny’s show. | 看了兰尼的演出 |
[04:36] | Well, at least we’re finally getting some information here. | 终于了解到了一点新情况 |
[04:39] | Carnegie Hall. | 卡内基大厅 |
[04:41] | So, she didn’t just lose her mind | 这么看来 |
[04:43] | and wander out into the snow because it’s pretty. | 她不是因为雪很漂亮 就失去理智在雪地里徘徊 |
[04:45] | That was my first theory. | 我起初是这么以为的 |
[04:46] | Abe, my God. Your shirt. | -安比 天啊 |
[04:48] | It’s how it came back from the cleaners. | 你的衬衫 -干洗店送回来时就这样 |
[04:50] | Well, put on another shirt. We have a crisis here. | -穿别的衬衫啊 |
[04:52] | They all came back like this! | 我们正闹危机呢 -所有衬衫都是这样 |
[04:54] | Look, I’m gonna go see what I can find out. | 我去看看能帮上什么忙 |
[04:56] | About the shirt? | 关于衬衫的事?这事现在不重要 |
[04:57] | Because that’s not important right now. | 米里亚姆?是我 |
[05:02] | Miriam. It’s me, Susie. | 苏西 |
[05:06] | Gone, gone. | 不见了 |
[05:08] | What’s gone? | -什么不见了? |
[05:09] | The window. | -窗户 |
[05:11] | – The window’s gone? – Open. | -窗户不见了? -开着 |
[05:13] | The window’s gone open? | -窗户成开着的了? |
[05:14] | It’s closing. A door. It’s closing. | -正在关上 一扇门正在关上… |
[05:17] | Nothing’s closing. | -没有什么正在关上 |
[05:18] | Cheese and crackers. | -奶酪和饼干 |
[05:20] | Tony Bennett. | -托尼本内特… |
[05:21] | What about him? | -他怎么了? |
[05:23] | I slept with him. | 我和他睡了 |
[05:24] | You slept with Tony Bennett? | 你和他睡了? |
[05:26] | When the fuck did you meet Tony Bennett? | 你什么时候认识他的? |
[05:27] | – He went to bat. – Who? | 他去支援了 |
[05:29] | Get my hat. | -谁? -拿我的帽子 |
[05:31] | Are you trying to rhyme? | 你在押韵吗? |
[05:33] | Mm. | |
[05:34] | Miriam? | 米里亚姆? |
[05:42] | So, apparently, she had sex with Tony Bennett. What? | 她说她跟托尼本内特睡了 |
[05:45] | And she wants some cheese and crackers. | -什么? -她想要奶酪和饼干 |
[05:47] | I brought her a perfectly good manchego. | 我给她买了曼切戈奶酪 |
[05:49] | – She wouldn’t eat it. – How does she know Tony Bennett? | 她不吃 她怎么认识托尼本内特的? |
[05:51] | Did she mention a hat? | -她提过帽子的事吗? |
[05:53] | When doesn’t she mention a hat? | -她几时没提过? |
[05:54] | And there was something about a window and a door. | 她说了什么窗啊门啊的事 |
[05:56] | And these are not helping, by the way. | 这些都没有帮助 |
[05:57] | I thought they might calm her down. | -可能它们能让她平静下来吧 |
[05:59] | Ugh, Zelda, what smells like donkey balls? | -泽尔达 你在做什么?闻着像驴蛋 |
[06:01] | Special Polish fish head soup. | 特制波兰鱼头汤 |
[06:03] | It wards off evil spirits. Makes your hair shiny, too. | 能赶走邪灵 让你的头发闪闪发亮 |
[06:06] | Okay. Well, when you are done | 等你做完这道菜 |
[06:07] | driving down the neighbors’ property values, | 成功使邻居的 |
[06:09] | make some coffee, strong coffee. | 房产贬值 再煮些浓咖啡吧 |
[06:11] | This is gonna take a while. | 这事需要一点时间 |
[06:13] | Miriam. Mm. | 米里亚姆 |
[06:14] | Miriam, try to focus. | 米里亚姆 |
[06:16] | What happened last night? | 尽量集中注意力 昨晚发生了什么事? |
[06:19] | It was cold. Blizzard. | -天很冷 暴风雪 |
[06:22] | Yes, blizzards are cold. | -是的 暴风雪很冷 |
[06:23] | Walking, walking. | 我走路 |
[06:25] | So, you’re walking in the cold. | -顶着暴风雪走路? |
[06:26] | – Frost crotch. – What? | -霜裆 什么? |
[06:29] | I got frost crotch. | -我霜裆了 |
[06:30] | Frost crotch? Is that a thing? | -霜裆?那是什么鬼? |
[06:32] | My toes. I’m gonna lose my toes. | 我的脚趾 我会失去脚趾 |
[06:35] | You know, there’s been a lot of toe talk, | 关于脚趾的话扯了很多 |
[06:36] | but, frankly, frost crotch should’ve been the headline. | 但能上头条新闻的绝对是霜裆 |
[06:38] | I’m sure your toes are perfect… | 你的脚趾肯定没问题…天哪 |
[06:40] | Holy shit. Oh. | |
[06:42] | – Are they bad? – No. | -是不是情况不妙? -不是 |
[06:46] | You put your head between your knees | 为了避免晕倒 |
[06:47] | to keep from passing out, right? | 得把头放在膝盖之间 对吧? |
[06:49] | – Susie, tell me. – Jesus. | 苏西 |
[06:51] | What the hell does your crotch look like? | 告诉我 天啊 |
[06:56] | Oh, good. | 你的裆部得成什么样了? |
[06:58] | Susie? | -很好 -苏西? |
[07:00] | Susie? Did you find out anything? | 苏西? |
[07:04] | Should we get the doctor back? | -发现什么新情况吗? -要不要再请医生来? |
[07:06] | Uh, his house call rates are astronomical, | 他的出诊费很高 |
[07:08] | – so if we can avoid that… – I saw the toe. | 所以如果能尽量… 我看到了脚趾 |
[07:10] | I told you about the toe. | -我跟你说过脚趾的事了 -没有 |
[07:12] | No. No, Rose, you did not tell me about that toe. | 不 你没告诉我那根脚趾的情况 |
[07:15] | You told me about a cute little frozen toe, | 你说的是一根可爱的 |
[07:17] | pink and white like a cherub. | 跟小天使一样粉红的冻脚趾 |
[07:19] | You did not at all prepare me for the horror show | 你没有跟我提前预警那边的恐怖情况 |
[07:20] | I just witnessed back there. | |
[07:22] | You’re overreacting. | -你反应过度了 |
[07:23] | It’s black. | -黑色的 |
[07:24] | Her toe is black, Rose. | 她的脚趾冻黑了 罗斯 |
[07:26] | That’s not overreacting. That thing is a goner. | 那不是反应过度 那情况已经无法挽救了 |
[07:28] | It’s like she was in a war, an old one. | 不知道的还以为她打过仗 |
[07:31] | Never mind. | 那种古老的战争 算了 |
[07:34] | Okay. I’m going back in. | 好了 我要进去了 |
[07:39] | You know, I can’t unsee that toe now, Rose. | 罗斯 那根脚趾的画面 |
[07:42] | You understand that? | 已经刻在我脑海里了 明白吗? |
[07:44] | I may never fucking close my eyes again. | 我都不敢再闭上眼睛了 |
[07:46] | You feeling a little better? | 现在好点了吗? |
[07:48] | Yeah, you maybe want to get up? Move around a little? | 想起床吗?四处走走? |
[07:50] | Hey, your kids are watching TV. Don’t you want to see your kids? | 你的孩子正在看电视 你想看看他们吗? |
[07:53] | The kids can go fuck themselves. | 让孩子们滚 |
[07:57] | She just said, “The kids can go fuck themselves.” | 她说让孩子们滚 |
[08:00] | – What? – No, they certainly cannot. | -什么? -不 绝对不行 |
[08:01] | Such terrible talk. | -这种话太可怕了 |
[08:03] | I have to tell you, I don’t really know how to proceed here. | -我不知道该怎么办了 |
[08:04] | You know what would help? What? | 你知道什么会有用吗? |
[08:06] | If you gave that key back. | -什么? -你把那把钥匙还给我 |
[08:10] | Well, it certainly couldn’t hurt. | 反正也没什么坏处 |
[08:14] | [whispers] Susie. | 苏西 |
[08:15] | Mm? | |
[08:17] | – Susie. – What? | -苏西 -干吗? |
[08:20] | You’re up. How are you feeling? | -你起来了 |
[08:22] | Okay, I guess. | 现在感觉怎么样? -还行吧应该 |
[08:24] | Hey, did I say my kids can go fuck themselves? | 我是不是跟你说过让我的孩子们滚? |
[08:27] | If it makes you feel any better, | 小家伙没听见 |
[08:28] | I don’t think the little one heard you. | 这样你是不是好受点? |
[08:30] | Oh, good. | -幸好 |
[08:31] | So, you want to tell me what happened last night? | -想告诉我昨晚发生了什么事吗? |
[08:33] | Uh… not much. | 没发生多少事 |
[08:35] | I-I was at Carnegie Hall, there was a blizzard. | 我去了卡内基大厅 下了一场暴风雪 |
[08:38] | I couldn’t find a cab, so I just started walking. | 我找不到出租车 所以我就开始步行… |
[08:42] | Hey, hey, you think you can get the Bennett gig back? | 你觉得本内特那里的 演出机会能挽回吗? |
[08:44] | Oh, I think that’s gone. | -吹了 |
[08:46] | – Are you sure? – Yeah, I’m pretty sure. | -确定吗? -是的 |
[08:48] | But maybe their second choice didn’t get back to them yet. | 很确定 -也许他们的第二人选没有回复呢 |
[08:50] | Their second choice is ironing his show pants as we speak. | 我们说话这会儿 那个第二人选正在熨演出服 |
[08:57] | Me and my stupid manifesto. | 我和我愚蠢的宣言 |
[09:00] | “Make me a headliner. No opening act for anybody.” | “让我成为头牌 再也不用为任何人做开场秀” |
[09:03] | What an idiotic thing to say. | 多傻的话啊 |
[09:06] | It wasn’t all idiotic. | 并不全是傻话 |
[09:07] | The part about being able to say what you want to say, | 你说的关于 |
[09:09] | that was smart. | “说自己想说的”那番话很妙 |
[09:12] | Maybe I don’t have what it takes. | 也许我没有那么强大 |
[09:15] | Maybe I’m not as tough as I thought I was. | 也许我并不像我想象的那么坚强 |
[09:17] | I mean, look at me, | 你瞧我现在 |
[09:18] | eight inches of snow, I’ve become my mother. | 两分米厚的雪就让我变成了我妈 |
[09:21] | I’m in bed, popping pills, candles everywhere. | 躺在床上狂吞药丸 到处点着蜡烛 |
[09:24] | Bet I got crystals under my pillow. | 我打赌我枕头底下有水晶球 |
[09:27] | Yep, got crystals under my pillow. | 是的 |
[09:29] | Three of ’em. | 我枕头底下有水晶球 三个 |
[09:30] | No, no, no, no. | 不 别这样 |
[09:33] | Come on, think of something happy, think of shoes. | 想想快乐的事 想想鞋子 |
[09:35] | My toe. I’m gonna lose a toe. | 我的脚趾 我会失去一根脚趾 |
[09:37] | Okay, don’t think of shoes. No shoes. | 别想鞋子了 不想鞋子 |
[09:39] | Think of hats. You like hats. | 想帽子 你喜欢帽子 |
[09:40] | My hat. I loved that hat. | 我的帽子 我喜欢那顶帽子 |
[09:43] | Listen to me, tomorrow this will all be | 听我说 |
[09:45] | a funny bit you can use in your act. | 明天你可以把现在的遭遇 |
[09:48] | I’m so sorry, Susie. | 编进你的表演里 会很逗的 |
[09:51] | God, I’m so stupid. | 对不起 苏西 |
[09:52] | We had a plan, then I went rogue. | 是我太蠢了 我们本来计划好的 |
[09:55] | I-I tried to do it all myself. | 我却发了癫 竟然试图全按自己想的来 |
[09:57] | I shouldn’t have done that. | 我不该那样的 |
[09:59] | You are the one person who understands me. | 你是唯一懂我的人 |
[10:01] | You’re the person who got me here, got me anywhere. | 你是指导我走到如今的人 |
[10:06] | I promise I will never stop trusting | 我保证 |
[10:09] | the most important person in my life ever again. | 我再也不会不相信我生命中 最重要的人了 |
[10:18] | Six months. What? | -六个月 -什么? |
[10:20] | I got to break her in six months. | 我要在六个月内让她爆红 |
[10:21] | She’s got that face. Harry warned me about that face. | 哈里告诫过我她那种表情 |
[10:24] | He told me his biggest regret was not knowing | 他最大的遗憾是直到为时已晚 |
[10:26] | what that face meant till it was too late. | 才知道那种表情意味着什么 |
[10:28] | They got that face, they’re about to give up. | 我看到了那个表情 |
[10:30] | She’s not giving up. We’ve come too far. | 她打算放弃 但我不准她放弃 |
[10:32] | – And Mike’s the key. – Who’s Mike? | 我们已经走得太远 迈克现在是关键 |
[10:33] | I got to go. | -迈克是谁? -我得走了 |
[10:34] | Okay. Just one more thing… | -还有一件事 -我不会把钥匙还给你 |
[10:36] | I’m not giving you the fucking key, Abe. | 安比 神奇的梅赛尔太太 |
[10:43] | So, Thanksgiving’s coming up in a few days. | 再过几天就是感恩节了 |
[10:44] | What? | |
[10:46] | Tomorrow? Really? | 明天就是?真的吗? |
[10:48] | Why am I still in town? | 为什么我还在城里? |
[10:50] | Yes, Thanksgiving, folks, a day of food and family. | 是的 感恩节 伙计们 这是享受美食和家庭团聚的一天 |
[10:53] | A day you sit at a table and look from your father-in-law, | 这一天 你会看向你岳父 |
[10:55] | who still hopes his daughter will come to her senses… | 他依然盼着自己的女儿能清醒过来 |
[10:58] | …to your mother-in-law, | 然后你又看向你岳母 |
[10:59] | who still hopes her daughter will come to her senses, | 她依然盼着自己的女儿能清醒过来 |
[11:01] | to your wife, who still hopes that she’ll come to her senses. | 然后你又看向你老婆 她依然盼着自己能清醒过来 |
[11:06] | Your wife came to her senses, didn’t she, George? | -你老婆就清醒了 |
[11:08] | Quite a few of them, actually. | 对吧 乔治? |
[11:10] | Yes. Always marry a smart woman. | -其实她们中不少人都清醒了 |
[11:13] | Sooner or later, she’ll leave you. | 一定得娶聪明的女人 因为她们迟早会离开你 |
[11:15] | You know, one of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions | 我最喜欢的感恩节传统 |
[11:18] | is to sit in my living room and watch the overinflated | 是坐在我的客厅里 |
[11:20] | cartoonish figures of my youth float on… | 看我年轻时流行的充气卡通人物 |
[11:22] | …by outside without saying a word. | 在门外一言不发地飘过 |
[11:24] | Then when Grandma and Grandpa | 然后当我的祖父母准备进来时 |
[11:26] | are ready to come on inside, we watch that little thing that Macy’s puts on. | 我们会看梅西百货穿什么 |
[11:30] | Yeah, I love the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. | 我超喜欢梅西百货的感恩节游行 |
[11:33] | Although it really does let you know | 不过这个游行会使你明白 |
[11:35] | your pecking order in show business. | 自己在演艺界的地位 |
[11:36] | I mean, the Gordon Ford Show has | 《戈登福特秀》的 |
[11:38] | the greatest studio audience in the business, and I do really mean that. | 演播室观众人数是业内最高的 |
[11:42] | But, folks, I’m sorry, | 抱歉 |
[11:43] | your enthusiasm just pales in comparison | 你们的热情跟小孩子 |
[11:44] | to any group of kids | 在某种情况时的尖叫相比相形见绌 |
[11:46] | when a 12-foot-tall Mighty Mouse floats overhead. | 小孩看见三米多高的太空飞鼠 |
[11:47] | It’s like Elvis with a tail to those kids. | 那兴奋劲仿佛看见了长了尾巴的猫王 |
[11:52] | Another tradition I love about Thanksgiving is | 我喜欢的另一个传统是坐在桌子旁 |
[11:53] | sitting around the table and Grandma, of course, | 奶奶会跟你说 |
[11:55] | will remind you that this could be her last. | 这可能是她过的最后一个感恩节 |
[11:57] | And then we say, “Grandma, we know, we know, | 然后我们说:“奶奶 我们知道” |
[12:00] | but we’re all eating Aunt Rosie’s stuffing, | 但是我们都在吃着 |
[12:02] | and none of us are complaining about it.” | 罗西阿姨做的馅料却毫无怨言 |
[12:05] | Folks, we got a great show for you tonight. Stick around. | 今晚我们有一场精彩的表演 请勿走开 |
[12:07] | – I am not trespassing. – Oh, no? | -我没有擅自闯入 -没有? |
[12:10] | I am a tourist, visiting this city | 我是第一次来的游客 |
[12:11] | for the very first time, and I took a wrong turn. | 我走错了路 |
[12:14] | I was looking for the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. | -我在寻找布鲁克林植物园 |
[12:16] | Classic mix-up. | -这儿像植物园? |
[12:18] | Look, I’m a manager. Big, big talent person. | 听我说 我是经纪人 我那位艺人有大才 |
[12:20] | What’s your name, Willie? Get ready, Willie. | 你叫什么名字?威利? |
[12:22] | You and I are gonna become best friends. | 咱俩会成为最好的朋友 |
[12:24] | – You are gonna speak at my wedding. – I hate weddings. | 你会在我的婚礼上发言 |
[12:26] | Elevator’s your final destination. | 我讨厌婚礼 电梯是你的目的地 |
[12:28] | NYPD must be kicking themselves for turning you down, huh? | 纽约警局现在一定 因为拒绝过你而自责 |
[12:31] | Hedy, no! | -不是吧 赫蒂 |
[12:32] | And I said, “That is not an ashtray. | -我说 “那不是烟灰缸” |
[12:34] | That is a 19th century French barbotine vase.” | “那是一个19世纪的 法国巴尔博汀花瓶!” |
[12:39] | Oh, you just have to laugh. | 你只能笑 |
[12:41] | Otherwise, the stupidity of people will make you cry. | 否则有些人会蠢到让你哭 |
[12:54] | Zelda, it smells like it’s boiling. | 泽尔达 锅里闻起来像在沸腾 |
[12:57] | It’s not boiling. It’s supposed to simmer. | -没有 -应该慢炖 |
[12:59] | – It’s simmering. – Do you know the difference? | -是在慢炖 -知道区别吗? |
[13:01] | – I know the difference. – Boiling is rapid bubbles. | 我知道 |
[13:03] | Simmer is slow bubbles. | 沸腾是快速起泡 慢炖是慢速起泡 |
[13:05] | She knows simmering, Shirley. | 她知道啥是慢炖 |
[13:06] | Salt, Zelda, salt. | 雪莉 多加点盐 |
[13:08] | What is this, currency back in your country? | 泽尔达 这又不是 |
[13:11] | Use your fist. | 你们国家的钞票 只管抓一把进去 |
[13:12] | Pushy old broad. | 霸道的老女人 |
[13:14] | Cheap goy. – Fight fair, you two. | 小气的非犹太人 -好了 |
[13:16] | – Well, my flowers arrived and they’re all dead. – What? | 你俩打平了 -我的花到了 可都死了 |
[13:19] | They must have gotten my order mixed up with someone else’s. | -什么? -花店一定是把订单搞错了 |
[13:21] | – What do we do? – I guess we won’t have flowers. | -那怎么办? -就不摆花 |
[13:23] | We can’t not have flowers, Miriam, it’s Thanksgiving. | 不摆花还能叫感恩节吗? |
[13:26] | All anyone cares about at Thanksgiving is the flowers. | 所有人在感恩节最关心的都是鲜花 |
[13:28] | I’ll figure it out. | 我会想办法解决的 |
[13:30] | He smells the turkey. | 他闻到了火鸡的香味 |
[13:31] | He sniffed the air, I swear he sniffed it. | 他肯定闻到了 |
[13:33] | Rose, look at him sniff. | 罗斯 你看他在嗅 |
[13:34] | Astrid, I have scissors here. | 我手上拿着剪刀呢 |
[13:36] | If you say something, he’ll turn and look right at you. | 你说什么话 他就会看向你 |
[13:38] | Try it, Midge. Here, here. Say something. | -你试试 |
[13:40] | Uh, did you know the day after Thanksgiving is | 米琪 |
[13:42] | the busiest day for plumbers? Oh, look! He turned! | 说句话 |
[13:44] | – Oh, Shirley, he turned! – Astrid. | -水管工最忙的一天是感恩节第二天 -看!他转头了!雪莉 |
[13:46] | This is a stove. | 他转头了! -阿斯特丽德!这可是炉子! |
[13:47] | Never wave a baby over a stove | 除非你在训练婴儿如厕 |
[13:49] | unless you’re trying to potty train him. | 否则别把婴儿悬在炉子上方 |
[13:51] | Get the baby | Get the baby out. |
[13:52] | I’ll take the baby, Miss Astrid. | out. -把孩子抱出去 -我来带孩子吧 阿斯特丽德小姐 |
[13:54] | He’s just so aware. | -来 -他好像什么都明白 |
[13:57] | And awake, you know, like, he’s always awake. | 而且很清醒 |
[13:59] | You know, never sleeps. | 他总是醒着 从不睡觉 |
[14:00] | Wait, Shirley, did you just say you potty train a baby | 你刚才是不是说你曾经把婴儿 |
[14:02] | by dangling them over a stove? | 悬在炉子上方训练婴儿如厕? |
[14:04] | It warms their tush, | 他们的屁股会感到温暖 |
[14:05] | that reminds them of what their tush is for. | 这样能提醒他们炉子的用途 |
[14:06] | I got Joely trained in an hour and a half. | 我用了一个半小时就训练好了小乔 |
[14:09] | How often do you all cry? | 你们都多久哭一次? |
[14:13] | Where am I? | -我的位子在哪? |
[14:15] | Aren’t you next to Mom? | -你不是坐在妈的旁边吗? |
[14:16] | Oh, actually, I moved some of the cards around. | 我移动了席位牌 |
[14:18] | I thought it’d be nice to have the little ones | 孩子们都坐成人桌比较好 |
[14:20] | at the grown-up table so that Chaim doesn’t feel weird. | 这样哈伊姆就不会觉得奇怪 |
[14:22] | So, Rose, you’re there. Noah, there. | 罗斯 你坐那里 |
[14:25] | Moishe, Shirley there, there. | 诺亚 你坐那里 莫舍和雪莉坐那里、那里 |
[14:26] | Abe, Midge, and Joel, I moved you to the kids’ table. | 安比、米琪和乔尔去坐儿童餐桌 |
[14:28] | – But I’m a grown-up. – I’ll go to the kids’ table, Pop. | -可我是成年人 -我去坐儿童餐桌 |
[14:31] | Oh, no, but it’s Chaim’s first Thanksgiving. | 这是哈伊姆人生第一个感恩节 |
[14:32] | You can’t abandon him. | 你不能抛弃他 |
[14:34] | Daddy’s just being silly. | 爸爸只是在说傻话 不要害怕 |
[14:36] | – Don’t be scared. – Sorry, Pop. | -抱歉 爸 |
[14:37] | He’s asleep. He won’t care. | -他睡着了 他不会在意的 |
[14:39] | I think he will. | -我认为他会 |
[14:40] | Yes, but you aren’t a great thinker. | -可你的认为不一定正确 |
[14:42] | Papa, come sit with us. | 爸爸 过来和我们坐吧 |
[14:45] | I brought some extra salt | 我带了盐过来 |
[14:46] | in case the food is under-seasoned. | 以防食物调味太淡 |
[14:48] | Joel, I’d like that seat. | -乔尔 |
[14:50] | Why? | 我想坐你的位子 -为什么? |
[14:52] | Because I am head of the family. | 因为我是一家之主 |
[14:54] | – I should sit at the head of the table. – The kids’ table? | 我应该坐在餐桌的首位 |
[14:57] | How important is winning this particular battle to you? | -儿童餐桌? -赢得这场仗对你来说有多重要? |
[14:59] | Oh, boy, who killed the flowers? | -好家伙 |
[15:02] | They came that way. | 谁弄死了这些花儿? -送过来时就是那样 |
[15:03] | And you paid for that? | 那你还付钱? |
[15:04] | I could have put out dead flowers for free. | 叫我送枯了的花儿我绝对不收钱 |
[15:07] | – Hey, watch it. – Sorry. | -嘿!当心 |
[15:09] | I would like to propose a toast. | -抱歉 我想敬酒 |
[15:12] | What? From there? – Yes, from here. | -什么?从那里敬酒? -是的 从这里 |
[15:14] | A toast should come from the grown-ups’ table. | 要敬酒也该是成人桌的人来 |
[15:16] | – But… – I’ll do the toast. | -但是… -我来敬酒 |
[15:18] | Oh, you’re in luck, Chaim. | -你真幸运 |
[15:19] | Once a year, we gather together… | 哈伊姆 -我们一年一次聚在一起… |
[15:21] | – Ah! Did you see him point at you? – Did he point? | -他用手指了你 -是吗? |
[15:23] | – Right at you. – Do it again. | -正正指着你 -再来一次 |
[15:24] | – Point | – Point at Daddy. |
[15:25] | at Daddy. Point at Daddy. | |
[15:26] | To pointing! Let’s eat. | -指着爸爸 -敬用手指人!开动吧 |
[15:29] | Noah, did I tell you about the trip I won? | 诺亚 我有没有告诉你 我赢得了旅行奖励? |
[15:31] | Really? | -真的? -她的银行奖的 |
[15:32] | – From her bank. – What? | -真的? -她的银行奖的 |
[15:33] | You won the trip from your bank! | -什么? -是你的银行奖的 |
[15:35] | I don’t know what you said way over there, | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[15:37] | but I won a trip from my bank to Palm Beach. | 反正 我的存款银行奖了我一趟棕榈滩旅行 |
[15:39] | The manager called, out of the blue, to thank me | 经理打电话过来感谢我的忠诚 |
[15:42] | for my loyalty and then offered me a trip. | 奖了我一次旅行 |
[15:44] | – Fun. – What? | -有趣 -什么? |
[15:45] | – Fun! – Whatever. | -有趣! -懒得理你 |
[15:46] | Anyhow, we’re going this weekend. | 我们这周末就会去旅行 |
[15:48] | And the best part is, our daughter has refused | 最妙的是 我们女儿 |
[15:51] | to bring our grandchildren to the airport to see us off. | 拒绝带我们的孙女孙子 去机场送我们 |
[15:54] | Very disappointing. | 非常令人失望 |
[15:56] | I’m working that day. | 那天我要工作 |
[15:57] | – Wait, how come you can hear him? – What? | 怎么你只能听清他说的话? |
[15:59] | We have a little announcement to make ourselves. | -什么? -我们自己也有事宣布 |
[16:01] | We were saving it for the proper time. | 我们一直在等待适当的时机 |
[16:02] | Shirley, you want to tell ’em? | 雪莉 要不你来说? |
[16:04] | No, you go ahead, Moishie. | -不 你说吧 |
[16:05] | Shirley and I are getting divorced. | 莫舍 -雪莉和我准备离婚 |
[16:09] | Stuffing needs salt. | -馅料缺盐 |
[16:11] | Wait, what? | -等等 什么? |
[16:12] | No. Why? | -不 |
[16:14] | We just realized we’re not right for each other. | 干嘛离婚? -我们意识到彼此不合适 |
[16:16] | Now? Now you realized? | 现在?现在你们才意识到? |
[16:17] | Once Moishe almost died, I assumed he’d retire. | 有次他快死了 |
[16:21] | He been talking about retiring for years. | 我以为他会退休 他都念叨退休老多年了 |
[16:22] | I did, but once you’re close to death, | 没错 |
[16:24] | you realize how short life is. | 但是人近距离接触死亡之后 就会意识到生命很短暂 |
[16:26] | And I thought, I haven’t done half the things | 我的事业连一半都还没完成呢 |
[16:28] | I set out to do in my business, so I decided to expand. | 所以我决定搞扩张 |
[16:31] | And now we’re kaput. | 所以现在我们玩完了 |
[16:33] | How’s the turkey? Need salt? | 火鸡怎么样?缺盐吗? |
[16:34] | Oh, the turkey’s delicious, Shirley. | 火鸡很美味 雪莉 |
[16:36] | It’s Thanksgiving. | 我们正在享用感恩节晚餐 |
[16:37] | We’re all sitting down to dinner, and you just dump this on us? | 你们选这时候宣布这事? |
[16:40] | Relax, Joel, everything’s fine. We’re fine. | 别激动 一切安好 |
[16:42] | We’re still sharing the home for now. Nothing’s changed. | 我们安好 还同住一个家呢 什么都没有改变 |
[16:44] | Yeah, we just put a piece of plexiglass | 我们把一片塑胶玻璃放在床的中央 |
[16:46] | down the center of the bed so we don’t touch butts, | 这样我们就不会碰到屁股 |
[16:48] | but you can still see if the other person is | 但可以看到对方有没有在睡觉时窒息 |
[16:50] | choking in their sleep. | |
[16:51] | So there’s still love. | 所以咱俩之间依然有爱的 |
[16:52] | Guys, can’t you two work this out? | -你俩不能妥善解决这个问题吗? |
[16:54] | Really? | -你是认真的吗? |
[16:55] | You’re the one asking that question? | “老公犯一次错就踹了老公”的小姐 |
[16:57] | Little Miss “One strike and your husband’s out”? | 你好意思这么问我们? |
[16:59] | Don’t talk to Midge that way. | 不准你跟米琪这样说话 |
[17:00] | You and Ma have to work this out. | 你俩必须解决好这个问题 |
[17:02] | Not gonna happen, Joely. | 解决不了 |
[17:03] | We tried. We talked. | 我们试过了 我们谈过 |
[17:04] | And then Moishe said something to me | 然后莫舍对我说了一些 |
[17:06] | that I never thought I would ever hear my husband say, | 我从没想过丈夫会对妻子说的话 |
[17:09] | and he can’t unsay it. | 而且他还不道歉 |
[17:11] | And in response Shirley said something to me | 雪莉回应我时也说了一些 |
[17:13] | I never thought another human being, | 我从没想过一个人会说得出口的话 |
[17:15] | let alone my wife of 34 years, would say to me, | 更别提这人还是自己多年的妻子 |
[17:17] | and she can’t unsay it. | 而且她还不道歉 |
[17:19] | – Well, I’m on Mom’s side here. – What? Why? | -我站在妈妈这边 -什么?为什么? |
[17:21] | Why? You had a heart attack, of course you should retire. | 为什么?你发作过心脏病 你是该退休了 |
[17:24] | Well, thank you for your loyalty to the gender. | 感谢你对自己的同性别 |
[17:26] | Very nice. | 这么忠诚 真棒 |
[17:28] | Hey, since we’re all sharing big life news, | 既然我们在分享重大新闻 你也有新闻要报 |
[17:30] | you have something to tell the people, don’t you, Joel? | 对吗 乔尔? |
[17:31] | – Really, Pop? – An announcement. | -你是认真的吗? -重大公告 |
[17:33] | Something you’ve been sitting on way too long. | -你酝酿太久了 |
[17:35] | What announcement? | -什么公告? |
[17:36] | Well, uh… | 其实我没准备 |
[17:38] | This wasn’t exactly when I was going to tell you, but… | 在这个时候跟你们说的 但是… |
[17:41] | Watch it! | 注意点 |
[17:42] | – Ethan, switch with Daddy. – Okay. | -伊森 和爸爸换位子 -好的 |
[17:44] | Can’t believe I have to… Okay, so, | 不敢相信我得…正如我刚刚变单身的 |
[17:46] | as my newly single father just said, | 父亲所说 |
[17:48] | I do have some news. | 我确实有事宣布 |
[17:49] | It’s about me and my girlfriend. | 是关于我和我女友的事 |
[17:51] | Hey, watch it. – Esther, kids’ table. Move. | -注意点 -艾斯特 来儿童桌 快 |
[17:53] | Okay. Sorry. Go ahead. | -好的 -不好意思 继续说 |
[17:57] | We are gonna get married. | 我们要结婚了 |
[17:59] | Oh, my God! | -天啊 |
[18:00] | – Congratulations. – Oh, my God. Yes. | 真好 -恭喜 |
[18:02] | And we’re gonna have a baby. | 她已经怀孕了 |
[18:03] | – Uh, mazel! – What? Oh, my God! | -可喜可贺 -什么?我的天啊 |
[18:05] | W-Well, who is this girl, thi-this fiancée? | 这姑娘是谁?就是你的未婚妻 |
[18:08] | – You know her. – I do? | -你认识她 -我认识? |
[18:09] | – You met her. – When? | -你见过她 -几时? |
[18:10] | – You played mah-jongg with her. – Where? | 你们打过麻将 |
[18:12] | – At the hospital? – What hospital? | -哪里? -医院 |
[18:13] | The hospital when Pop had his heart attack. | -什么医院? -爸爸心脏病发作的时候 |
[18:15] | – Oh. Did I win? – Yes. You met her, | -我赢了吗? -是的 |
[18:17] | you love her, we’re getting married. | 你们见过面了 我们要结婚了 |
[18:18] | A grandchild. Rose, did you hear? | 我又要添孙了!罗斯 |
[18:20] | How dare you keep this from me? | 你听到了吗? 你怎么敢瞒着我! |
[18:22] | He kept it from you, not me! | -是他瞒着你 不是我! |
[18:24] | You want me to be miserable, but I won’t. | -你想让我痛苦 我才不会让你得逞 |
[18:26] | I’ll have a daughter-in-law and a grandchild, | 我会有一个儿媳 还会添孙 |
[18:29] | and you will drop dead | 而你就埋进一堆春季男装里死掉吧 |
[18:32] | in a pile of the men’s spring collection. | |
[18:34] | What a thing to say on a holiday. | -多么悦耳的话啊 -亲爱的 快闭上耳朵 |
[18:37] | Enjoy the Zen beauty and relative anonymity | 我会堵住他的耳朵 尽可能地享受咱们这桌的 |
[18:39] | of this table as long as you can. | 禅宗之美和相对宁静吧 |
[18:44] | I’m starving. | 我要饿死了! |
[18:46] | Impossible. | 不可能 |
[18:48] | I think you ate the entire turkey by yourself. | 整只火鸡 大概被你一个人吃了 |
[18:49] | Ha, you ate the turkey by yourself. Did not. | -你一个人吃了一整只火鸡 -我才没有 |
[18:52] | – Wânshàng hâo, Mrs. Chou. – [Esther] Wânshàng hâo, Mrs. Chou. | -晚上好 赵太太 -晚上好 赵太太 |
[18:56] | Watch out, watch out. | 当心 |
[19:00] | Put that bag in the kitchen, Ethan. | 把袋子放在厨房里 伊森 |
[19:04] | A lady already lives here. | -已经有位女士住在这里了 |
[19:05] | What? | -什么? |
[19:08] | Uh, kids do me a favor, | 孩子们 |
[19:10] | can you go in Daddy’s bedroom for a minute? | 帮我一个忙 你们先去爸爸的卧室好吗? |
[19:13] | Take my hand. No! | -牵着我的手 -不! |
[19:15] | I’m supposed to show you. – I know where it is. | -应该由我带你进来 -我知道卧室在哪里 |
[19:18] | Why didn’t you tell me you were coming back today? | 你为什么不告诉我你要来? |
[19:20] | I missed you. | 我想你了 |
[19:26] | I didn’t know about the kids. | 我不知道孩子们的事 |
[19:28] | That you had them. Today, I mean. | 不知道你带着他们 |
[19:30] | It’s okay. | -我是说今天 -没关系 |
[19:36] | You want something to eat? | 想吃点东西吗? |
[19:38] | I have a whole Thanksgiving meal in the kitchen. | 我厨房里有很多吃的 |
[19:39] | I’m moving to Chicago. | 我要搬去芝加哥了 |
[19:41] | Easing into a conversation’s | 你只懂单刀直入 |
[19:42] | really not your strong suit, is it? | 是吗? |
[19:44] | Sorry. How was your Thanks… | -对不起 感恩节你过得… |
[19:45] | – Moment’s passed, Mei. – Right. Sorry. | -时机已过 没错 对不起 |
[19:49] | – Sit down. – No. | -坐下 -不 |
[19:50] | – You won’t sit down? – No. | 你不肯坐? |
[19:52] | I just need to stand here and say what I came to say. | 对 我得站在这里说我要说的话 |
[19:55] | I think my residency is gonna wind up in Chicago. | 我应该会在芝加哥度过住院医生 |
[19:58] | I like the hospital and the people. | 实习期 我喜欢那家医院和那里的人 |
[19:59] | Uh-huh. Well, I don’t know if you noticed, | 我不知道你是否注意到 |
[20:01] | but I don’t live in Chicago, | 我不住在芝加哥 |
[20:02] | and I can’t really move right now. | -而且我目前没法搬家 |
[20:04] | – I know. – There’s no hospital | -我知道 |
[20:05] | in the entire Northeast that could work? | -整个东北就没适合你的医院吗? -没有 |
[20:07] | – No. – You’ve looked? | -你查过了? -没有 |
[20:08] | – No. – Should you? | -你该不该去查?我们现在有孩子了 |
[20:09] | Because we’re having a baby. No. | -不是 |
[20:14] | No? | -不是? -我们已经没有… |
[20:15] | We’re not… | -不是? -我们已经没有… |
[20:17] | …anymore. | …了 |
[20:21] | What happened? | 出什么事了?你没事吧? |
[20:22] | Are you all right? Why didn’t you call me? I would have been on the next train to… | 为什么不打电话?我会马上赶过来的 |
[20:25] | Nothing happened. I just… | 没出什么事 |
[20:28] | We’re… | 我… 我们… |
[20:32] | …just not having a baby anymore. | 已经没有孩子了 |
[20:34] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[20:39] | Oh, shit. I understand. | 可恶 我明白了 |
[20:43] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:45] | I’m gonna sit down. | -我要坐下了 |
[20:46] | All my life I’ve had one goal. | -我一生只有一个目标 |
[20:49] | You knew I never intended to have | 你知道的 |
[20:51] | a serious relationship with anyone, | 我从未打算 跟任何人认真建立关系 |
[20:53] | and this thing with you was… | -而跟你… |
[20:55] | Daddy! Esther’s pointing at me again! | -爸爸!艾斯特又指着我了 |
[20:58] | – I’ll be there in a minute! – Daddy, she won’t stop! | -我马上就到 -爸爸 她不肯停下来 |
[21:01] | In a minute, Ethan! Goddamn it! | 等一下 伊森!他妈的! |
[21:05] | Shit. Sorry, Ethan! | 可恶 对不起 伊森 |
[21:08] | – I know you’re upset. – I don’t understand. | -你不高兴 -我不明白 |
[21:09] | If you were gonna do this, why the hell did you tell me | 既然你早这么打算了 |
[21:11] | you were pregnant in the first place? | 干嘛还告诉我你怀孕了? |
[21:13] | I mean, since I don’t matter in the equation. | 反正你并不在乎我 |
[21:15] | – That’s not true. – Can Jews be monks? | -不是这样的 -犹太人可以当和尚吗? |
[21:17] | ‘Cause my fucking relationship track record… | -因为我的性缘关系历史… |
[21:20] | I know I should have thought it through better. | -我知道我应该考虑清楚的 |
[21:22] | But I didn’t, because you are… | 但我没有 |
[21:25] | You’re you. | 因为你… |
[21:28] | I never saw you coming. | 你是你 我从没预见你会出现 |
[21:30] | You should be an optometrist, then. | 你应该去当验光师 |
[21:31] | Might help with that eyesight. | 或许能改善你的视力 |
[21:33] | Don’t be sarcastic, please. | 请不要讽刺 |
[21:35] | Okay. Don’t be upset, don’t be sarcastic, | 别难过 别讽刺 |
[21:36] | – don’t give a shit. – I didn’t say that. I just… | 别在乎 我没说那种话 |
[21:40] | I can’t have it all, Joel. | 我… 我没法什么都拥有 乔尔 |
[21:46] | The world doesn’t work that way. | 世界不是这样运行的 |
[21:49] | If I’m really gonna be a doctor, then I just have to be a doctor. | 如果我真的将要成为一名医生 |
[21:54] | Please understand. | 那么我就必须成为一名医生 请你理解 |
[21:59] | I really need you to understand. | 我真的需要你的理解 |
[22:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:07] | Okay, fuck it. Fine. I understand. | 好的 算了 |
[22:09] | I do. You’re gonna be a terrific doctor. | 我理解 真的 你会成为一个了不起的医生的 |
[22:12] | – Thank you. – You got all your stuff? | -谢谢 -你的东西都拿了吗? |
[22:14] | You must’ve left some things here. | -你肯定有什么东西落在这里了 |
[22:16] | Oh, just this sweater. | -只有这件毛衣 一件毛衣 |
[22:17] | One sweater. | 好家伙 |
[22:19] | Boy, I’m really not very observant, am I? | 我真的不是很细心 对不对? |
[22:21] | Girl leaves nothing but a sweater, | 女友只落了一件毛衣在男友这儿 |
[22:23] | – that’s a pretty big fucking sign. – Please, Joel, I… | 多么明显的危险信号 |
[22:25] | I got the kids, Mei. | -拜托 乔尔 我… -孩子们现在在我这儿 梅 |
[22:30] | I really do wish you luck. | 我衷心祝你好运 |
[22:40] | I’ll send you my new address. | -我会把我的新地址寄给你 |
[22:41] | Sure. Send the address. | -当然 寄吧 |
[22:44] | – Bye, Joel. – Bye. | -再见 乔尔 -再见 |
[22:51] | You’re a turkey leg. | 你是一条火鸡腿 |
[22:54] | You’re a turkey leg. | 你才是…你是两条火鸡腿 |
[22:56] | You’re two turkey legs. | |
[22:58] | Turkey leg, turkey leg, turkey leg. | 火鸡腿 |
[23:01] | Esther, you keep pointing that finger at Ethan, | 艾斯特 |
[23:04] | he’s gonna eat it. | 你一直用手指着伊森 |
[23:06] | ♪ Hit the road Jack, and don’t you come back no more… ♪ | 他会把你的手指吃掉的 |
[23:09] | Excuse me, Miss? Uh, this turkey is very dry. | 不好意思 小姐 这只火鸡太干了 |
[23:12] | That’s food that someone brought from home. | 那是别人从家里带来的食物 |
[23:14] | I can’t help you. | 我帮不了你 |
[23:15] | Uh, excuse me, Miss? More Chianti? | 不好意思 小姐 还有基安蒂吗? |
[23:17] | That’s wine that someone brought from home. | 那是别人从家里带来的红酒 |
[23:19] | Jesus Christ. | 天啊 |
[23:21] | I’ll be leading the whole room in saying grace. | 我会带头做饭前祷告 |
[23:23] | You got to say grace at Thanksgiving, so be ready. | 你得做好准备 |
[23:25] | – I don’t know grace. – I do. Great ass. | -我不认识格蕾丝 -我认识 |
[23:27] | He got you. | 屁股不错 -他赢你了! |
[23:29] | Get it all out now. You got two minutes. | -给你两分钟 有啥玩笑赶紧开完 |
[23:31] | Susie, be in charge of this section. | 苏西 |
[23:32] | We all say grace together in just over two minutes. | 你看着这块 两分钟之后我们要做饭前祷告了 |
[23:34] | Sounds fun. | -听上去很有趣 |
[23:35] | I just don’t know if I’m ready to tour. | -我不知道我是否做好了巡演的准备 |
[23:37] | It’s not a tour. It’s a two-week stint at the Hacienda. | 那是在哈仙达赌场表演两周 |
[23:39] | The audience comes to you. | 是观众来找你 |
[23:41] | – Sounds intimidating. – It’s not. | 听起来很吓人 |
[23:43] | You do the show, then you go back to your room. | 不吓人 你只管表演 完了就回房间 |
[23:45] | I got you a really nice suite, with maid service. | 我给你订了一间 带女仆服务的漂亮套房 |
[23:48] | You ever have maid service? A girl cleans your room, | 试过女仆服务吗? |
[23:50] | makes your bed. Hell, it’s Vegas, | 女孩帮你搞清洁 整理床铺 |
[23:52] | – she’ll probably give you a tug if you ask for it. – A what? | 那儿可是维加斯 女仆可能还会帮你打飞机 |
[23:54] | I even got you a first-class plane ticket. | -什么? -我还给你买了头等舱机票 |
[23:56] | Plane ticket? I can’t fly. | -机票?我不能飞 |
[23:58] | No, the plane flies, you just sit in it. | -飞机能飞 你只管坐着就是了 |
[24:00] | I can’t go on a plane. They make no sense. | 我不能坐飞机 我理解不了飞机的原理 |
[24:03] | I mean, what keeps them up? | -飞机为什么能飞起来? |
[24:04] | I don’t know, what keeps a bird up? | -鸟为什么能飞起来? |
[24:05] | – Worries about money? – Was that a joke? | -为钱忧愁 -你是在开玩笑吗? |
[24:07] | You set me up, but I’m not flying. | -你陷害我 我不飞 |
[24:09] | Oh, yes, you are. You’ll be fine. | -不 你得飞 不会有事的 |
[24:11] | You’re coming, too, right? | 你会跟我一起去 对吧? |
[24:13] | Me? Are you kidding? I’m not getting on a fucking plane. | 我?你在开玩笑吗? |
[24:16] | Ow! Shit. | 我才不会上飞机呢 |
[24:18] | I think I just fucked up my tooth. | 糟了 我的牙齿可能松了一颗 |
[24:20] | Which one of you losers brought these rolls? | 是哪个废柴带这种面包过来的? |
[24:23] | I did. Made ’em myself. You like? | -是我 是我自己做的 |
[24:26] | – No. They’re hard as rocks. – Oh, that’s on purpose. | 你喜欢吗? -不喜欢 |
[24:29] | It’s an old family recipe. We call ’em Hard Rock Rolls. | 硬得跟石头似的 按家传食谱就是要做得很硬 我们把它叫“硬石面包” |
[24:31] | Well, that is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过的最愚蠢的事情 |
[24:33] | You know, you’re supposed to soak ’em in hot water | 吃之前得将它们在热水中 |
[24:34] | for ten minutes before biting into ’em. | 浸泡十分钟 然后再吃 |
[24:36] | Did you not know that? | -你不知道吗? |
[24:37] | No, I did not know that. | -不 我不知道 |
[24:38] | Everyone, an announcement! | 各位 有件事公告一下 |
[24:40] | The Stage Deli is not responsible | 以下食品不是舞台熟食店做的 |
[24:42] | for Grandma’s sawdust turkey, Grandpa’s lumpy potatoes, | 奶奶的木屑火鸡 爷爷的块状土豆 |
[24:45] | Aunt Betty’s sour cranberry sauce, | 贝蒂姨妈的酸蔓越莓酱 |
[24:47] | or the raisins in the goddamn carrot cake. | 以及葡萄干胡萝卜蛋糕! |
[24:49] | So stop asking. | 别再问了! |
[24:51] | – You’re dismissed, Fred. – Okay. Enjoy your evening. | -你被解雇了 弗雷德 -好吧 享受你的夜晚 |
[24:54] | – Hey, Verla, can we get some more hot water for these rolls? – No! | 维拉 能给这些面包配点热水吗? |
[24:57] | Wow, looks like there’s already plenty of food. | -不 -看来食物已经有很多了 |
[24:59] | – Hi, Alfie. – Are you limping? | 嗨 阿飞 |
[25:01] | Yeah, I almost lost a toe. | -你是在跛行吗? -是的 我差点没了一根脚趾 |
[25:03] | Hey, look at my tooth, does it look weird? | 看看我的牙齿 看上去奇怪吗? |
[25:06] | You have spinach in it, or something. | 是的 |
[25:08] | Oh! It’s moving. | 里面有菠菜什么的 在动… |
[25:09] | It’s the goddamn Hard Rock Rolls. | -都怪可恶的硬石面包! |
[25:11] | Fred’s rolls? You’re supposed to soak ’em first. | -弗雷德的面包?得先浸泡才能吃 |
[25:13] | Never mind all that. Listen. | 这事先不说了 |
[25:15] | I kissed Bobby’s ass, and I finally got you | 听着 我去巴结了某人 |
[25:17] | a slot at that club on 15th, next Thursday. | 给你弄到了 15号在那个俱乐部表演的机会 |
[25:19] | Great. I’m ready. And Boise called. | -下周四 -太好了 |
[25:22] | I can’t understand you with your finger in your mouth. | 我准备好了 -博伊西打来电话 -听不懂你在说啥 |
[25:23] | Boise called. | 博伊西打来电话 |
[25:25] | They paid off the right cops so the Wolford’s reopening. | 他们贿赂了警察 沃尔福德重新开张了 |
[25:27] | They still want you, if you’re into that. | 如果你愿意 他们依然想要你过去表演 |
[25:29] | If you’re okay with it, I am. I’ve got clean stuff, | 你同意 我就同意 |
[25:31] | dirty stuff, I need a place to stay sharp. | 我需要个地方表演 才不会生疏 |
[25:32] | Okay, everyone, there will be no group grace | 好了 各位 |
[25:34] | due to an utter lack of interest in doing it | 团体饭前祷告不做了 原因是大家兴趣寥寥 |
[25:36] | and an endless string of jokes about | 加上关于怎么处理火鸡的笑话太恶心 |
[25:38] | what to do with the turkey neck. | |
[25:39] | So, enjoy your food, happy Thanksgiving. | 享受美食吧 感恩节快乐 |
[25:41] | – I’m not flying. – Yes, you are. | -我不飞 |
[25:43] | – I am ready to go, too. – I’m not flying. | -不 |
[25:45] | Yes, you are. I got a lot of irons in the fire. | 你必须飞 我也准备过去 |
[25:48] | – I’m not flying. – Yes, you are. | -我不飞 |
[25:51] | Ugh, I am gonna kill you, Fred. | -不 |
[25:54] | ♪ We’re gonna get a Christmas tree ♪ | 你必须飞 -我手头的事很多 |
[25:57] | ♪ One for you and one for me ♪ | -我不飞 |
[25:59] | ♪ Great big, tall, and white as snow ♪ | 不 你必须飞 |
[26:01] | ♪ Tra-la-la, away we go ♪ | 我要杀了你 弗雷德 |
[26:03] | – ♪ We’ll buy ♪ | – ♪ We’ll buy ♪ |
[26:05] | – | – ♪ A tree ♪ |
[26:06] | ♪ | ♪ A great big Christmas tree ♪ |
[26:08] | A ♪ And trim it up with shining lights ♪ | |
[26:10] | tree ♪ ♪ For everyone to see ♪ | |
[26:12] | – Let’s go. – ♪ And then we’ll hang ♪ | 我们走吧 |
[26:14] | ♪ A wreath upon the door… | |
[26:16] | Go, go, go, go, go, go, go! ♪ Like we’ve never wished before ♪ | 快 |
[26:21] | ♪ And then we’ll sing, all brimming up… Ah! I hate you! | 我讨厌你! |
[26:27] | One, two… | -一、二…再见 -嘿 等等 |
[26:33] | I tricked you! Whoa! | 骗到你了 |
[26:37] | ♪ For everyone to see ♪ | |
[26:44] | Hiya, Mike. | 嗨 迈克 |
[26:45] | – What are you doing here? – I’m looking for a tree. | -你来这儿做什么? -找一棵树 |
[26:48] | – Did you follow me here? – I just thought we could talk. | -你跟踪我? -我觉得我们可以谈谈 |
[26:51] | You thought… [over P.A.] Cocoa with marshmallows, now available… | 你觉得… |
[26:53] | I’m here with my kids. | 我现在陪着我的孩子们 |
[26:55] | They’re running around here somewhere. | 他们正到处乱跑 |
[26:56] | I’m sorry, you forced my hand. | -对不起 |
[26:57] | I… what? | 是你逼我的 -我…什么? |
[26:58] | I wanted to talk to you at the studio… | 我想在演播室里跟你谈 |
[27:00] | but suddenly I can’t get through security. | 但保安不给我放行 |
[27:03] | You can’t get through security ’cause I gave them your picture | 因为我给了他们你的照片 |
[27:04] | and said, “Under no circumstances | 说“无论如何都不准让她进来” |
[27:06] | – do you let this person in.” – Well, was it flattering? | 照片好看吗? |
[27:08] | The photo? Backlit, little shoulder action? | 是背光的吗?肩膀动作如何? |
[27:10] | – I’m holding a saw. – I have to talk to you. | 我现在拿着一把锯子 |
[27:12] | – Yeah. – I want you to give my girl | 我得跟你谈谈 |
[27:13] | Miriam Maisel another look-see. | 希望你能再给我的女艺人一次机会 |
[27:15] | Just come and see her do her thing, you will not regret it. | 就来看下她的表演就行 你不会后悔的 |
[27:17] | Oh, I already offered to see her do her thing, remember? | 我提过一次要看她表演 记得吗? |
[27:19] | You flipped out, cursed me, and stomped off | 你惊慌失措 |
[27:22] | to the enchanted bog you slithered out of. | 诅咒我 自己搞砸了 |
[27:24] | – Well, let’s set something up again. – No. | -我们重新安排一下吧 -不行 |
[27:26] | I don’t offer again. | 我不搞第二次邀约 |
[27:28] | I will not see your girl. | 我不会见你的艺人 |
[27:30] | Fine, you don’t have to see her. | 行 |
[27:31] | Send someone from the office. | 你不必见她 派别人去也可以 |
[27:33] | Uh, one of your women writers. | -派你们的一位女编剧 |
[27:34] | We don’t have any women writers. | -我们没有女编剧 |
[27:35] | Oh, so Gordon Ford’s just one big cock parade, huh? | 原来《戈登福特秀》是全屌团队 |
[27:38] | What’s going on with your mouth? | -你的嘴巴是不是有问题? |
[27:39] | It’s my tooth. Don’t worry about it. | -是我的牙齿有问题 别担心 |
[27:41] | – Want me to saw it out of your head? – No, thanks. | -要我帮你把它锯出来吗? -不用了 谢谢 |
[27:43] | Go away. | -走开 |
[27:44] | Hey, I am being nice here. | -喂 亏我对你这么友善 |
[27:46] | I’m sorry, what? | 不好意思 什么? |
[27:47] | I came all the way up here to make it convenient for you, | 我大老远跑来是为了给你行方便 |
[27:49] | and now you’re brushing me off? | 结果你要打发我走? |
[27:51] | Where’s a pack of wolves when you need one? | 怎么等你需要狼时 狼群就偏不出现? |
[27:53] | Hey, who brought you Sophie Lennon, huh? | 是谁把苏菲列侬介绍给你的? |
[27:55] | I did, and that interview worked. | 是我 那次访谈成功了 |
[27:57] | It was huge. It single-handedly drove your ratings up. | 是巨大成功 她单枪匹马提高了你们的收视率 |
[28:00] | And you’re strutting around that studio, | 你现在大摇大摆 |
[28:02] | taking all the credit. | 把所有的功劳都揽了过去 |
[28:03] | I did that for you, Mikey. | -都是多亏了我 |
[28:04] | You know something? | 迈克 -你知道吗? |
[28:06] | There is one thing that I look forward to all year long, | 我全年都在期待一件事 |
[28:09] | one thing that brings me pure happiness, and it’s this. | 给我带来纯粹快乐的一件事 就是此时此刻 |
[28:12] | Christmas tree hunting with my kids. | 和我的孩子们一起寻找圣诞树 |
[28:14] | We do it every year, and it’s a fucking joy! | 我们每年都会做这件事 让人特别开心 |
[28:17] | Now you are going to stay! Right there! | 你给我待在这里 |
[28:21] | And I’m gonna go buy cider for my kids | 我现在要去给我的孩子们买苹果酒 |
[28:24] | and forget that you ever happened. | 忘了你曾经来过 |
[28:27] | Oh, I already bought them some cider. | 我已经给他们买了点苹果酒 |
[28:29] | Wanted to keep ’em occupied. | 想让他们有事可做 |
[28:32] | You know, it’s weird, none of ’em really look like you. | 很奇怪 他们没有一个像你 |
[28:36] | I’m giving this place your picture next year. ♪ Here comes Suzy Snowflake ♪ | 明年我会把你的照片 |
[28:44] | ♪ Dressed in a snow-white gown ♪ ♪ Tap, tap, tappin’ at your windowpane… | 给这个地方的保安 |
[28:51] | Did you promise to take my kids to a movie? | 你是不是说了 要带我的孩子们去看电影? |
[28:54] | Maybe. | 或许说过 |
[28:55] | Spartacus? | -《斯巴达克斯》?是吗? |
[28:56] | – Was it Spartacus? – Maybe. | -或许是吧 |
[28:58] | The three-hour movie with all the crucifixions? | 那部三小时长 并且有很多钉十字架场面的电影? |
[29:01] | That was the movie you thought would be great | 那就是你认为 |
[29:03] | for three kids under ten to see? | 适合三个小孩看的电影? |
[29:05] | I thought they’d like the horses. | 我觉得他们会喜欢里面的马 |
[29:06] | So you’ve ruined Christmas | 所以你毁了我的圣诞节 |
[29:07] | and crucifixions for me. | 还有钉十字架的戏 |
[29:08] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | 我谢谢你了 别客气 |
[29:10] | And because of you, | 因为你 |
[29:12] | I picked the worst tree on the lot. | 我选到了 这片土地上最差的圣诞树 |
[29:15] | You got in my head and you blew my focus. | 你扰乱了我 分散了我的注意力 |
[29:17] | – Mike, I just… – You will never set foot in 30 Rock again. | -迈克 我… -你别想再踏进洛克菲勒广场30号 |
[29:20] | Do you understand? | 明白吗?我不会再准你 |
[29:22] | You won’t even be allowed to stand in front of 30 Rock. | 站在我们大厦门前 |
[29:25] | You’re gonna make it to 20 Rock, | 你最多只能走到洛克20号 |
[29:26] | and then you’re gonna have to turn right. | 然后就得右转 |
[29:28] | You even won’t be allowed to walk down 5th Avenue. | 你再也没法踏上第五大道了 |
[29:31] | You won’t be able to stand in front of Saks, | 你再也没法站在 萨克斯百货大厦的门前了 |
[29:33] | because it is across the street from 30 Rock on 5th Avenue. | 因为 它在第五大道洛克30号的街对面 |
[29:36] | If you want to go to Saks, | 如果你想去萨克斯 |
[29:38] | you’re gonna have to enter from the 49th Street side. | 就得从49号街一侧进去 |
[29:40] | – I don’t go to Saks. – In fact, stay out of Midtown. | -我不逛萨克斯 |
[29:43] | You’re not allowed in Midtown. | -你给我远离市中心 那儿容不下你 |
[29:44] | My office is in Midtown. | -我的办公室就在市中心 |
[29:45] | Move your office, | -那就搬走 |
[29:46] | and that goes for your girl, too. | 叫你的艺人也搬走 |
[29:48] | She doesn’t have an office. | 她没有办公室 |
[29:49] | She will never set foot | 她也永远不得进入那栋楼 |
[29:50] | in that building either. | |
[29:52] | And I’m betting that she does go to Saks, | 我敢打赌她常逛萨克斯 |
[29:54] | so that 49th Street entrance is going to fucking kill her. | 所以只能从49号进去会要了她的命 |
[29:57] | It is miles away from the fucking elevators. | 那个入口离电梯有几公里远 |
[30:01] | Hey, kids, isn’t that Santa Claus over there? | 孩子们 |
[30:04] | – Where? Where? – Where’s Santa Claus? | 那不是圣诞老人吗? |
[30:05] | Oops, made a mistake. | 哎呀 |
[30:07] | I don’t think that that was Santa after all. Spartacus! Spartacus! | 我看错了 |
[30:12] | Spartacus! Spartacus! Spartacus! | 那应该不是圣诞老人 |
[30:15] | Spartacus! Spartacus! Spartacus! | 斯巴达克斯 |
[30:18] | There is no fucking Santa Claus! | 世上根本没有圣诞老人 |
[30:24] | Hello? | -喂 -有一张去拉斯维加斯的机票… |
[30:25] | Oh, there’s a… ow. | -喂 |
[30:27] | There’s a ticket to Vegas, and it… ow. | -有一张去拉斯维加斯的机票… |
[30:29] | There’s a ticket to Vegas | 有一张去维加斯的机票需要去取 |
[30:30] | and it needs to be picked up! Ow. | |
[30:33] | – So how’s your tooth? – Shut up. | -你的牙齿怎么样? -别提了 |
[30:35] | You know I can’t understand you, right? | -你应该知道我听不懂你的话吧 |
[30:36] | I got to get the stupid magician… ow, ow! | -我得把一个愚蠢的魔术师… |
[30:40] | Fuck me. | 该死 |
[30:41] | You have to go to a dentist. | -你得去看牙医 |
[30:43] | I have to get this asshole… on a plane! | -我得把一个混蛋弄上飞机 |
[30:46] | I’m not going. | -我不去 |
[30:47] | Yes, you are. Ow. | -你必须去 |
[30:49] | No. I’m not going. | 我不去 |
[30:50] | – I’m not going. I’m not going… – You are going. Ow! | -我不去 -你必须去 |
[30:52] | You are going, if I have to tie you | -我不去 |
[30:54] | – to a fucking… ow. – I’m not going. | -就算绑你也得去… |
[30:55] | I’m gonna kill myself. | 我疼得想自杀 |
[30:57] | Susie, this is ridiculous. | 苏西 |
[30:58] | I am calling my dentist right now. | 这太荒谬了 我这就给我的牙医打电话 |
[30:59] | You are heading right over. | -你马上过去 |
[31:01] | But Alfie… | -但是阿飞… |
[31:02] | Alfie is not going! | -阿飞不去 |
[31:04] | I will take Alfie to the airport. | -我会送阿飞去机场 |
[31:05] | You will? Will what? | -你愿意? -愿意什么? |
[31:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:08] | Okay, but you can’t just drop him off curbside. | 但你不能把他扔到路边就走 |
[31:10] | You got to see him walk on the plane. | 你得盯着他上飞机 |
[31:12] | And don’t let him go to the bathroom | 别让他进洗手间 |
[31:14] | ’cause he will climb out a window or flush himself | 他会爬出来或者 |
[31:16] | – down the toilet. He’s slippery. – I promise. | 跳进马桶逃跑 |
[31:18] | I am calling the dentist. | 他很滑头 |
[31:19] | Bye. | 我保证办到 |
[31:31] | ♪ Relax, Max ♪ | 我这就打电话给牙医 |
[31:35] | ♪ Your nerves are just like jumping jacks, Max ♪ | 再见 |
[31:38] | ♪ Your heart is thumping… | 黄色出租车公司 |
[31:40] | Okay, out of the car. | 来 下车 |
[31:41] | No. I’m not going. | 不 我不去 |
[31:44] | – Okay. – I mean it. | -好的 -我是认真的 |
[31:45] | I know you do. | -我知道你是认真的 |
[31:46] | I don’t think you’re listening to me. | -你没有在听我说话 |
[31:48] | Of course I am. | 我当然在听 |
[31:49] | ♪ Stay cool, fool ♪ | |
[31:51] | ♪ Just take it easy, that’s the rule, fool ♪ | |
[31:54] | ♪ The evening hasn’t even started yet ♪ | |
[31:57] | ♪ So, my pet ♪ | |
[31:59] | ♪ Control yourself, control yourself ♪ | 出发 |
[32:01] | ♪ Don’t get upset… | 抵达 |
[32:02] | Why are all these people leaving? | 怎么有这么多人要走? |
[32:04] | Is there gonna be some sort of invasion | 是不是有哪国要入侵我们 |
[32:05] | that I don’t know about? | 而我不知道? |
[32:07] | No gate number yet. Let’s sit. | 我们的登机口还没显示 |
[32:09] | ♪ That moon up above ♪ ♪ I want your kiss just as you… | 先坐着吧 |
[32:13] | I can just walk out of here, you know. You can’t stop me. | 我可以直接从这里走掉 你拦不住我 |
[32:16] | I have your cape, and I’m not giving it back | 我拿了你的斗篷 |
[32:18] | until you step onto that plane. | 在你上飞机之前我不会还给你 |
[32:20] | You know, you’re being very silly. Flying is fun. | 你太傻了 |
[32:22] | They bring you drinks and food… | 飞行很有趣的 空姐会给你送吃的喝的 |
[32:24] | Oh, good. A last meal. | 没错 人生的最后一餐 |
[32:30] | Here. It’s from Susie. | -给 |
[32:32] | It’s used. | 是苏西送的 -有人玩过了 |
[32:33] | It’s from Ethan. | 是伊森送的 |
[32:42] | So, I got a phone call the other day, | 前几天我接到一个电话 |
[32:44] | which was surprising, since I didn’t know I had a phone. | 很出人意外 |
[32:46] | It was from a man… | 因为我都不知道我有电话 |
[32:48] | a talent manager. | 是个男的打来的 |
[32:53] | And what did he want? | 他是一个艺人经纪人 |
[32:56] | He said he’d seen one of my shows. | -他找你干什么? -他说他看过我的一场演出 |
[32:58] | He said he thought I was very talented | 他说我很有天赋 |
[33:00] | and that I could be bigger than Houdini, which is ridiculous. | 能成为比胡迪尼更大的人物 |
[33:02] | I’m already bigger than Houdini. | 胡扯 我已经比他大了 |
[33:04] | Houdini was a very tiny man. | 胡迪尼是个小个子 |
[33:06] | That’s why he fit so easily in a box. | 所以他才能把自己塞进盒子里 |
[33:07] | Did you tell him you already have a manager? | -你有没有告诉他你有经纪人了? |
[33:09] | I did. | -我说了 |
[33:11] | He said he knew Susie Myerson | 他说他认识苏西梅尔森 |
[33:13] | and that she was an elevator operator. A what? | 说她是一名电梯操作员 |
[33:17] | Someone you meet going up or going down. | -是什么? |
[33:19] | He said if you want to be on top, | -既能让你升也能让你跌 |
[33:21] | you have to get off the elevator. | 他说如果你想攀升 就得离开那部电梯 |
[33:23] | At the top, presumably. | 也可能说的是攀到顶端 |
[33:25] | Alfie, do you know why you’re getting on this plane? | -你知道为什么此刻你在这里吗? |
[33:28] | Because you stole my cape. | -因为你偷了我的斗篷 |
[33:29] | Because you are about to play a 2,000-seat room in Vegas. | 因为你即将在拉斯维加斯的 |
[33:33] | You have top billing, | 一个有两千个座位的房间里演出 |
[33:35] | amazing accommodations, and you are making | 出场费业内最高 |
[33:37] | more money than you’ve ever seen in your life. | 住宿条件优越 赚的钱比你至今见过的都要多 |
[33:39] | That’s not true. I slept in a safe once. | 不对 我在保险箱里睡过 |
[33:41] | Six months ago, you were hustling drunks in a bar. | 六个月前你还在酒吧里 |
[33:44] | You were done. | 给酒鬼们兜售酒水 你的人生一团糟 |
[33:46] | No one cared what happened to you. | 没人关心你 |
[33:47] | No one except Susie Myerson. | 只有苏西梅尔森关心你 |
[33:49] | I know that. | 这我知道 |
[33:52] | It’s easy to see a diamond | 钻石摆上蒂芙尼的橱窗之后 |
[33:54] | once it’s in the window at Tiffany’s. | 很多人才知道那是钻石 |
[33:56] | It’s a little harder when it’s throwing up | 一颗钻石在别人办公室里对着水桶 |
[33:58] | in a bucket in your office. | 呕吐时 要知道那是钻石就难多了 |
[34:01] | Susie is one of a kind. | 苏西是独一无二的 你永远找不到第二个苏西了 |
[34:03] | You’ll never find another Susie. | 记住这一点 最后一次登机通知 |
[34:05] | You just remember that. | 请航班… 4号登机口 |
[34:13] | Yeah, so that’s Gate 4, right? | 那是4号登机口 对吧? |
[34:16] | Hi there. This is Alfie Zielinski. | 你好 |
[34:17] | He’s on the 2:45 to Las Vegas. | 他叫阿飞泽林斯基 他乘坐2点45分的航班去拉斯维加斯 |
[34:19] | All right, wonderful. | 好的 |
[34:21] | It’s his first time on a plane, | 这是他第一次坐飞机 |
[34:22] | and he’s a little nervous. | 他很紧张 |
[34:23] | I see that noted here. | 我看到这里提到了这一点 |
[34:25] | Don’t you worry, we’ll take good care of him. | 别担心 我们会照顾好他的 |
[34:27] | Hello, Alfie, welcome to TWA. | 你好 阿飞 |
[34:30] | We’re going to be great friends. | 欢迎乘坐环球航空 我们会成为好朋友的 |
[34:32] | Hey! | 环球航空 独自旅行的未成年人 |
[34:33] | It’s a little sign that tells everyone who you are. | 上面有个标志告诉别人你是谁 |
[34:35] | I won’t have to explain a thing. | 那我就不需要跟人解释了 |
[34:37] | Call Susie when you land. Have a great run. | 下飞机后给苏西打电话 祝你旅途愉快 |
[34:39] | And remember what we talked about, hmm? | 记住我们谈过的话 |
[34:45] | [over P.A.] Welcome to the TWA Flight Center. | |
[34:47] | Alfie, wait! | -阿飞 |
[34:48] | I have your cape. | 等等 |
[34:49] | Oh, I got it back an hour ago. | 你的斗篷还在我这儿 -我一小时前拿回来了 |
[34:57] | – Right down this way. – Come on, honey, hurry! Don’t lock the gate! | -就在这边 -快走 亲爱的 |
[34:59] | Miriam? | 米里亚姆 |
[35:01] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[35:03] | Oh, hi. I’m doing | 我临时帮苏西处理一件事 |
[35:05] | a last-minute favor for Susie. There was an emergency. | 出了紧急情况 |
[35:07] | Oh, so for Susie she could come out here. | 为了苏西她可以来这里 |
[35:10] | For her parents, bubkes. | 为了她的父母却不行 |
[35:12] | I’ll admit it doesn’t look good, Miriam. | 这可不太好啊 |
[35:13] | Susie has a client who’s going to Vegas. | 苏西的一个艺人要去拉斯维加斯 |
[35:15] | She needed someone to see him off. | 他需要有人送他 |
[35:16] | I have yet to hear anything remotely | 这听起来一点都不像什么紧急情况 |
[35:18] | resembling an emergency. | |
[35:20] | – Her tooth hurt. – Should we give you a moment | 她的牙齿受伤了 |
[35:22] | to come up with a better story? | 我们该不该给你多点时间 编一个更合理的故事? |
[35:24] | Why aren’t you on a plane right now? | -你们怎么还没上飞机? |
[35:25] | They canceled our flight. | -他们取消了我们的航班 |
[35:26] | No, Rose. They did not cancel our flight. | 不 罗斯 |
[35:29] | The flight is happening. | 他们没取消那趟航班 那趟航班正在运行呢 |
[35:30] | – They canceled us. – What are you talking about? | -是他们取消了我们 -什么意思? |
[35:32] | They couldn’t find our reservations, and nothing else | 他们找不到我们的预订信息 |
[35:34] | was available, so now we’re going home. | 别的适合的航班又没有 所以我们只好回家 |
[35:37] | We’ll be there when you’re done with your very important favor | 等你帮那位没给你念布林莫尔学院 |
[35:39] | for the friend with a sore tooth | 付学费的朋友办完事 |
[35:41] | who did not put you through Bryn Mawr. | 我们应该已经到家了 |
[35:43] | Hey, why don’t we share a cab home? | -不如我们拼辆出租车回家吧 |
[35:44] | – No. – Hmm? | -不 |
[35:46] | We came alone, we’ll go home alone. | 我们单独来的 |
[35:48] | Much like birth and death. | 也就单独回家 就像出生和死亡一样 |
[35:51] | Okay. I’ll wave to you as I drive alongside | 行 |
[35:54] | all the way back home. | 在我一路开车回家的路上 我会向你们挥手致意的 |
[35:55] | You know, we seem to be experiencing | 我们似乎正在经历一连串的厄运 |
[35:58] | a streak of very bad luck. | |
[36:00] | I don’t know about that. | 怎么说? |
[36:01] | The dry cleaning, the dead flowers at Thanksgiving, | 干洗店送来的脏衣服 感恩节送来的枯死的花儿 |
[36:04] | I had two flat tires this week. | 这周我有两个轮胎爆了 |
[36:07] | Now suddenly our plane reservations. | 现在我们订的机票又突然出状况了 |
[36:11] | What is it? What’s the matter? Rose? | 怎么了?出什么事了?罗斯? |
[36:15] | Nothing. Let’s just go home. | -没事 |
[36:17] | All right. | 我们回家吧 -好 |
[36:19] | Let’s beat Miriam to the taxis. | 我们抢在米里亚姆之前叫到出租车吧 |
[36:24] | Yes, I know | 我知道航班取消了 我想弄清楚这是怎么回事 |
[36:25] | the flight was canceled. | 我知道航班取消了 |
[36:27] | What I’m just trying to figure out is how it happened. | 我想弄清楚这是怎么回事 |
[36:29] | Was the woman who canceled by any chance Italian, | 取消的那个女人 |
[36:32] | very intimidating? | 是样子非常吓人的意大利人吗? |
[36:34] | Or was it an Irish woman with a very thick Irish accent? | 还是一个爱尔兰口音很重的 爱尔兰女人? |
[36:37] | You know, [Irish accent] “That’s a lovely hat by the way.” | “顺便说一句 那顶帽子很可爱” |
[36:39] | Yes, that’s an Irish accent. | 是的 那是爱尔兰口音 |
[36:41] | I’m not an impressionist, forgive me. | -我又不是模仿专家 见谅 |
[36:43] | Rose! I got a taxi! Let’s go! | -罗斯 我叫到了一辆出租车 走吧 |
[36:46] | One minute! Well, could you hear anything | 等一下 |
[36:48] | in the background then, like screams, perhaps? | 你能听到任何背景音吗? |
[36:51] | Hacksaws or bones breaking? | 比如尖叫声、钢锯声或骨折声? |
[36:53] | Rose! Come on! | 罗斯 快点 |
[36:55] | I’m not joking. | -我不是在开玩笑 -罗斯韦斯曼 |
[36:56] | Rose Weissman, I’m leaving without you! | 我走了 不管你了 |
[36:59] | I have to go. My husband’s having a fit. | 我得走了 我丈夫发火了 |
[37:01] | Abe, for God’s sake! | 安比 等等我 |
[37:02] | We lost the cab. | -出租车开走了 |
[37:04] | There’ll be another cab. | -会有别的出租车的 |
[37:05] | Like there was another flight?! Now arriving at Gate 10, Flight 192 | 就像还有别的航班一样? |
[37:18] | from Los Angeles. Now arriving at Gate 10, | -哈喽 |
[37:22] | Flight 192 from Los Angeles. | -哈喽 |
[37:45] | – | – Hello. |
[37:49] | Hello. First time traveling? | |
[37:50] | And carrying things, yes. | -第一次旅行? -是的 |
[37:53] | Can I, uh…? | 并且带着行李 我可不可以… |
[38:02] | Rothstein, Myers, Friedman and Yabromowitz. | 罗思坦 |
[38:05] | Your rabbis? | 迈尔斯 弗里德曼 |
[38:07] | My lawyers. | 以及阿布拉莫维茨 |
[38:08] | Ah. | -都是你的拉比? -是我的律师 |
[38:10] | Well, you don’t want to lose this. | -那可得拿好了 |
[38:12] | No. | -是 |
[38:13] | They charge by the word. | 他们按字数收费 |
[38:15] | – Mm. – Double for the bad ones. | 脏话得加倍 |
[38:22] | So, you’re taking a trip? | 你这是…要去旅行? |
[38:26] | I am West Coast bound, yes. | 是的 我要去西海岸 |
[38:28] | – Really? – Yes. | -是吗? |
[38:29] | Gonna see what an L.A. holding cell is like. | -是的 去看看洛杉矶的拘留室是什么样 |
[38:33] | I hear 72 and sunny. | 我听说现在是22摄氏度 |
[38:34] | No humidity. | 晴天 湿度为零 |
[38:37] | How have you been? | -你过得怎么样? |
[38:38] | Good. Really good. | -很好 -非常好 |
[38:40] | Good. | -很好 |
[38:44] | Are you off somewhere? | -你这要去什么地方吗? -不是 |
[38:46] | No. I just forced a very nervous magician | 我刚刚挟持了一位紧张的 |
[38:49] | to get on a plane by holding his cape hostage. | 魔术师的斗篷 迫使他上了飞机 |
[38:52] | I did that last week. | 我上周就做过这种事 |
[38:53] | The bastard left rabbits all over my apartment. | 那混蛋把兔子落在了我的公寓里 |
[38:55] | Mm. | -你要在西海岸待多久? |
[38:59] | So, how long are you gonna be out west? Don’t know. | -不知道 |
[39:03] | I’ve got some gigs lined up. | 我在那边接了一些工作 |
[39:04] | I rented a house. | 我租了一间房子 |
[39:06] | Wow. | -你是个有租约在身的人了 |
[39:08] | You’re a man with a lease. It happens to the best of us. | -最优秀的人就是会有这种待遇 |
[39:14] | Well… I… | 你应该会很喜欢洛杉矶 |
[39:17] | think you’ll really enjoy L.A. | |
[39:19] | With all the… sun and… | 那里的阳光、橙子和迪斯尼乐园 |
[39:22] | oranges and Disneyland. | 全是你喜欢的东西 |
[39:24] | – All the things you love. – Oh, I’m sure I’ll find | 我肯定会找到一两朵阴云 |
[39:26] | a cloud or two to hide under. | 让它们悬在我头上的 |
[39:32] | My kid’s gonna come stay with me for a while. | 我的孩子会来陪我一段时间 |
[39:35] | Lucky girl. | -小姑娘真幸运 |
[39:37] | Yes. | -是的 |
[39:42] | Well, I should probably go | 好了 |
[39:44] | find a plane heading west. | 我可能得去找 |
[39:48] | I’m sorry I didn’t call. | 一架飞往西海岸的飞机了 -对不起 |
[39:50] | Oh, no. We don’t do that, right? | 我之前没给你打电话 -不用 |
[39:53] | Okay. | 我们不搞那套 对吧? |
[39:55] | You take care. | 好的 你保重 |
[40:00] | Lenny! I’m not gonna blow it. | 兰尼 |
[40:16] | I’m gonna hold you to that. [over P.A.] This is the final boarding call | 我不会搞砸的 |
[40:23] | for Flight 191 to Los Angeles… | 说到就要做到 |
[40:28] | This is the final boarding call for Flight 191 to Los Angeles… | 我会督促你的 |
[40:38] | Excuse me. Sorry. | 借过 |
[40:41] | ♪ Got me the strangest woman ♪ | 不好意思 |
[40:43] | ♪ Believe me, this chick’s no cinch ♪ | 你在这啊 |
[40:46] | ♪ But I really get her going ♪ | |
[40:49] | ♪ When I take out my big ten-inch ♪ | |
[40:51] | ♪ Record of the band that plays the blues ♪ | |
[40:54] | ♪ The band that plays the blues ♪ | |
[40:57] | ♪ She just loves my big ten-inch ♪ | |
[41:01] | ♪ Record of her favorite blues ♪ | |
[41:04] | ♪ Last night I tried to tease her… | |
[41:07] | It’s a $1.50 cover | 全套餐具价格是1.50美元 |
[41:09] | with a two-drink minimum. | 最少得消费两杯 |
[41:10] | – Any sign of Joel? – Nothing. | -看到乔尔了吗? -没有 |
[41:12] | And he locked the cash up in his desk. | 他把他办公桌上的现金上锁了 |
[41:14] | I’m using my mad money to make change. | 我正在用我的应急钱找零 |
[41:16] | Here you go. Enjoy the show. | 给 |
[41:19] | Oh! Finally! | 祝你玩得开心 |
[41:21] | Archibald! My faithful companion. | -你终于来了 -阿奇博德 我忠实的伙伴 |
[41:23] | Okay, so Archibald is not my name. | -那不是我的名字 -当然是 |
[41:25] | Sure, it is. Archibald, short for Archie. | 阿奇博德 是阿奇的简称 |
[41:27] | No. Archie would be short for Archibald. | 不 阿奇才是阿奇博德的简称 |
[41:29] | Like I said, Archibald, my faithful companion! | 我说了 “阿奇博德 我忠实的伙伴” |
[41:32] | Hey, we should get some horses. | 嘿 |
[41:34] | – Uh… – Get some boots and chaps. | 我们应该买几匹马 |
[41:36] | Ride out into the sunset. | 买些靴子和皮套裤 |
[41:37] | – Catch us some varmints. – Yes. | 在夕阳下骑行 抓几个恶棍 |
[41:39] | Something to consider. Not the chaps, | 值得考虑 |
[41:41] | but the rest we can talk about. Hey, where have you been? | 我不是说皮套裤 而是其余的事咱可以探讨探讨 |
[41:43] | I just stopped off at a bar. | -你去哪儿了? -去家酒吧坐了坐 |
[41:45] | You own a bar. Why are you stopping off at a bar? | -你自己有酒吧 |
[41:47] | Variety is the spice of life. | 干嘛去别的酒吧? -多样性是生活的调味品 |
[41:49] | Allow me, pal. | 让我来 |
[41:50] | How are you tonight, beautiful? | 哥们 今晚过得好吗 |
[41:55] | Thank you. | 美女? |
[41:56] | Absolutely. So what do you think of the place? | -谢谢 -你觉得这个地方怎么样? |
[41:58] | I’m the owner, so, any problems, you just come to me. | 我是老板 有什么问题尽管找我 |
[42:01] | Excuse me, we were having a conversation. | 不好意思 我们正在谈话呢 |
[42:03] | In here? No. | 在这里谈话?不 |
[42:04] | You want to talk, you go to a quiet restaurant. | 你要真想谈话 就会去一个安静的餐厅 |
[42:06] | Take a walk on the beach. | 或者去沙滩上散步 |
[42:08] | You come here to drink, dance, | 来这里是为了喝酒跳舞 |
[42:10] | to get close enough to smell her perfume. | 为了靠近她 闻她身上的香水味 |
[42:13] | – Hey! – Joel! | 喂 乔尔! |
[42:14] | There’s a terrible martini olive problem | 出了一个糟糕的状况 |
[42:15] | that needs your immediate attention. | 你得马上去处理 |
[42:17] | The place falls apart without me. | 没有我 |
[42:18] | I’ll be right back. | 这地儿会分崩离析 我等下会回来的 |
[42:20] | No, he won’t. No, he won’t. | 不 |
[42:22] | ♪ Record of her favorite blues ♪ | 他不会的 怎么…乔尔? |
[42:25] | ♪ You know, I… Okay, okay! Hello! | 好了 |
[42:28] | Ladies and gentle… Hey, stop playing. | 女士们先生们 你们好 |
[42:31] | Jesus. | 喂 |
[42:33] | You see a man is up here trying to talk? | 别演奏了 老天 |
[42:35] | Fucking musicians. | 没看见我想要发言吗? |
[42:37] | Hello, everyone. | 去他妈的乐手 大家好 |
[42:39] | My name is Joel Maisel, the owner of the Button Club. | 我叫乔尔梅赛尔 是纽扣俱乐部的老板 |
[42:44] | You know, the great thing about owning a club is that | 拥有一家俱乐部的好处是 |
[42:46] | all the things that made you look like a loser | 所有以前你经历的糗事 |
[42:48] | before are now part of your job. | 现在都成了你工作的一部分 |
[42:50] | For example, right now I’m not drunk, | 例如 |
[42:53] | I am doing research. | 此刻我没喝醉 我是在做研究 |
[42:55] | And I am a very hard worker. | 我是一个非常勤奋的人 |
[42:58] | Hey, I got a laugh. | 我把观众逗笑了 |
[43:00] | See? We don’t need this shitty band. | 瞧见没? 我们不需要这蹩脚的乐队 |
[43:02] | No way, pal. | -去你的 |
[43:03] | I used to want to do this for a living. Comedy? | 伙计 -我曾经想以此为生 |
[43:06] | Oh, yes. But, turns out, | 想靠做喜剧为生 是的 |
[43:09] | my ex-wife is the one who had the talent for comedy. | 但事实证明 我前妻才是有喜剧天赋的人 |
[43:13] | Ah, you know her. Yes. She is very funny. | 你们认识她?是的 她很逗 |
[43:16] | First time I saw her onstage, | 我第一次见到她登台时 |
[43:18] | she spent ten minutes talking about my jockey shorts. | 她评论我的四角短裤评了足足十分钟 |
[43:21] | That’s ten minutes more than she ever | 比她洗我的四角短裤 |
[43:23] | spent washing my jockey shorts. | 花的时间长了十分钟 |
[43:24] | And I will admit, as a man | 我承认 |
[43:26] | it was a little hard listening to your wife | 作为一个男人 |
[43:27] | talk about you onstage. | 听老婆在台上评论自己很不好受 |
[43:29] | But now that I’m up here, | 但既然现在我站到了台上 |
[43:31] | I’m thinking turnabout is fair play. | 我想 |
[43:33] | Right? | 以眼还眼算公平 对吧? |
[43:35] | Okay, well… | 好了… |
[43:39] | My wife has great tits. | 我老婆的奶子很不错 -真的很棒 |
[43:42] | Really stellar. Right, Archie? | 对吧 阿奇? |
[43:45] | Never seen ’em. Wouldn’t know. | -没见过 不知道 |
[43:47] | He’s shy. His wife has good tits, too. | 他害臊了 |
[43:49] | Not like mine, though. | 他老婆的奶子也不错 不过不如我家的 |
[43:50] | My wife has Olympic gold medal tits. | 我老婆有一对可拿奥运金牌的奶子 |
[43:53] | Who else’s wife has great tits? | 还有谁的老婆奶子大? |
[43:55] | All right, buddy, that’s enough! | -够了 |
[43:56] | Come on, get off the stage. | -下去吧 |
[43:57] | Raise your hand there, man. | 举起你的手 |
[43:59] | Your wife’s look pretty good. | 伙计 你老婆的奶子看起来很不错 |
[44:01] | Unless that’s not your wife, in which case… | 除非她不是你老婆 那样的话 |
[44:03] | What are you doing later, gorgeous? | 美女 你待会儿想干什么? |
[44:06] | Okay, everybody! The bar is open. | 好了 各位 |
[44:09] | And next round’s on me. | 酒吧间开始卖酒了 下一轮酒我请客 |
[44:12] | Seriously, Joel, get off the stage. | -说真的 |
[44:14] | I’m just joking around. | 乔尔 你快下去 |
[44:16] | Fucking joking. | -我是在开玩笑而已 |
[44:18] | Fine. Whatever. | 好吧 随你吧 |
[44:20] | Hey, how about some tunes? | -嘿 |
[44:22] | He just called us shitty, man. | 快演奏点曲子 -他刚说我们蹩脚 |
[44:24] | Hey, tell us a joke! | -喂!给我们讲个笑话! -对! |
[44:34] | Hey. | 喂 |
[44:36] | Hey! | 喂 |
[44:39] | You. | 你 |
[44:41] | You did this, didn’t you? | 是你干的 |
[44:45] | You couldn’t just let us figure it out? | 对吗? 你就不能让我们自己想办法? |
[44:47] | She still would have been a fucking doctor. | 那样她仍然能当医生 |
[44:49] | How many goddamn times do I have to say this?! | 还要我说多少次? |
[44:54] | Say something! I’m right here! | 说话啊 |
[45:16] | Go back upstairs. | 我就在这里 回楼上去 |
[45:35] | Hey, there you are. How’d it go with the dentist? | 嘿 你来了 看了牙医结果怎么样? |
[45:37] | Mm, yeah. It went great. Very thorough guy, terrific guy. | 很顺利 |
[45:39] | She’s a woman. | 那男的非常细心 很不错 |
[45:41] | Well, the deep voice fooled me. | -我的牙医是个女人 -她低沉的嗓音让我误会了 |
[45:43] | You didn’t go, did you? | 你根本没有去 是吗? |
[45:44] | Nope, I’m cured. Amazing, right? | 对 我已经痊愈了 |
[45:46] | I’ll deal with it later. How’s the night going? | 现在没问题了 我之后会去看牙医的 今晚怎么样? |
[45:48] | – Great. – Oops. What happened? | -非常好 -哎呀 怎么了? |
[45:50] | I’m so rusty, Susie. | 我技艺生疏了 苏西 |
[45:52] | Last set, I was grasping for a punch line, | 我想抖包袱来着 |
[45:54] | and I rhymed “mittens” with “tittens.” | 结果用了tittens给mittens押韵 |
[45:55] | What’s “tittens”? | tittens是啥? |
[45:56] | Beats the fuck out of me. But I said it really loud | 我也不知道 但我说得很大声 |
[45:59] | and smiley like it was supposed to be hilarious. | 而且笑着说的 仿佛很搞笑似的 |
[46:01] | It was not hilarious. | 其实完全不好笑 |
[46:02] | Don’t sweat it, this is where you work out your rustiness. | 不用担心 这是你打磨技艺的地方 |
[46:05] | Go ahead, suck. We’ll get a drink after, compare notes. | 尽管乱演 大不了之后咱们大喝一杯 |
[46:07] | Okay. | 再好好讨论一下 好的 |
[46:22] | Hey, can I get some ice? | -嘿 能帮我拿点冰块吗? |
[46:24] | – For what? – You want to read my diary, too? | -要冰做什么? 你也想看我的日记? |
[46:45] | Shit. Is that Gordon Ford? | 天 那是戈登福特吗? |
[46:47] | – Where? – There! Follow my hand. | -哪里? -那里 顺着我指的方向看 |
[46:49] | Yeah, that’s him. | 是的 |
[46:51] | Boy, he’s much better looking in person. | 就是他 他本人好看多了 |
[46:52] | Fuck. Fuck. | 我靠 |
[46:54] | What do I do? Should I go tell Midge he’s here? | 我该怎么办?告诉米琪他来了? 不 |
[46:56] | No. That will fuck with her head, right? | 那会干扰她的发挥 对吗? |
[46:58] | Or will it light a fire under her ass? | 也可能会刺激她发挥得更好? |
[47:01] | Fuck. I don’t know. Protect her head or her ass?! | 我靠 到底该不该告诉她? |
[47:05] | Jesus Christ, I told her to suck. | 天啊 |
[47:08] | Maybe a little nudge is good. | 我之前叫她乱演 也许可以稍微提醒一下她? |
[47:10] | Right? Okay, I got to think like Midge. | 我得代入米琪来思考 |
[47:13] | What would she want? I don’t know. | 她会想要什么? 我不知道 |
[47:15] | Shit. Shit. Fuck. Cock. Why are the lights changing? | 可恶 靠 |
[47:18] | – Am I having a stroke? – The number’s done. | 为什么灯光变了?我是不是中风了? 曲目表演完了 |
[47:20] | Oh, it’s done. The universe decided. | 完了?看来宇宙替我做了决定 |
[47:22] | Bring me a Scotch with a whiskey in it, okay? | 给我来杯苏格兰威士忌 要加威士忌 |
[47:25] | What the fuck are you standing there for? | 你站这儿干吗? |
[47:27] | Oh. I just get really amped up, you know? | 不好意思 是我太紧张了 |
[47:36] | Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. | 晚上好 |
[47:37] | It’s nice to be here. | 女士们先生们 |
[47:40] | So… | 我很高兴来到这里 |
[47:43] | I am just really full | 那个…过完感恩节 |
[47:45] | from Thanksgiving still. | 我现在依然很饱 |
[47:48] | Which is not a joke. | 这不是玩笑 |
[47:50] | It’s more of a disclaimer. | 其实是我的免责声明 |
[47:54] | My son, he likes these weird leftover combinations, | 我儿子喜欢奇怪的剩菜组合 |
[47:58] | like, like turkey and gravy | 比如用两片山核桃馅饼 |
[48:00] | between two pieces of pecan pie. | 夹着火鸡和肉汁 |
[48:02] | It tastes… | 味道很不好 |
[48:05] | bad. | -有没人知道明天会不会下雨? |
[48:10] | Does anyone know if it’s gonna rain tomorrow? Don’t say tittens, don’t say tittens. | -别说tittens |
[48:15] | Wow, that was a really bad start. | 这开场白真的很糟糕 |
[48:17] | I think I’m gonna start again. | 我还是重来吧 |
[48:19] | Hello, ladies and gentlemen! | 你们好 |
[48:22] | Ignore the woman who was here a minute ago. | 女士们先生们 |
[48:23] | She’s gone. | 忽略刚才那个女人吧 |
[48:25] | Like your alibi tonight, sir. | 她走了 |
[48:27] | Your friend fell asleep at a strip club. | 就像先生你今晚的不在场托辞一样 |
[48:30] | I’d hate to see what it takes to keep him awake. | 你的朋友在脱衣舞俱乐部睡着了 他讨厌看到能让他保持清醒的东西 |
[48:35] | Hey, you know what I discovered today? | 你们知道我今天发现了什么吗? |
[48:37] | You can take your kids to the airport, | 你可以把自己的孩子 |
[48:38] | put them on a plane, and just fly them somewhere else. | 交托给一趟航班 然后让他们自己飞去别的什么地方 |
[48:43] | Technology is amazing. | 科技真是惊人 |
[48:45] | It used to be, for that kind of peace and quiet, | 过去为了获得片刻安静 |
[48:46] | you had to leave your kids on the steps of a church. | 你只能把孩子放在教堂的阶梯上 |
[48:49] | And the dangerous thing is not | 让孩子自己坐飞机的危险之处 |
[48:51] | that you’re sending your kids off with complete strangers on a vehicle | 不在于让孩子跟着陌生人 |
[48:53] | that has something called a cockpit. | 登上一个有所谓 |
[48:55] | No. | “驾驶舱”的交通工具 |
[48:57] | The really dangerous thing is that once they’re gone, | 而是 |
[48:58] | you have a chance to remember what life | 他们走后 |
[49:01] | was like without them. | 你可能会想起来 没有孩子时的生活是什么样的 |
[49:05] | Right? It all comes flooding back. | 对吧?一切记忆如潮水般涌来 |
[49:08] | The clean floor. | 干净的地板 |
[49:10] | The calm apartment. | 安静的屋子 |
[49:13] | Your goddamned waistline. | 细细的腰围 |
[49:16] | Sex. | 性爱 |
[49:21] | Sex where you make it all the way to the end. | 一场从头到尾做完整的性爱 |
[49:24] | Or at least your husband does. | 至少你老公是做完整了 |
[49:28] | – Ah. Got you, fucker. – Sex anywhere! | -把你逗笑了 |
[49:30] | In any room, on any appliance. | 混蛋 -随时随地都能来场性爱 |
[49:32] | Well, almost any appliance. | 在任何家具上都能来 |
[49:33] | I’d steer clear of the cake mixer. | 是几乎任何 因为我会避开蛋糕搅拌机 |
[49:35] | No more turning the volume on the news up | 不再调高新闻节目音量 |
[49:37] | so when your kid asks what those loud sounds were, | 因为孩子问起时 |
[49:39] | you can say “Khrushchev was banging his shoe again.” | 你可以说 |
[49:41] | I am going to admit to you that, as scary as a threat | “赫鲁晓夫又在敲鞋了” 我承认 |
[49:44] | of a Soviet takeover is, a small part of me is thinking, | 虽然被苏联接管的威胁很可怕 |
[49:46] | “Well, that’ll cover blow job Fridays for a while.” | 但我也暗暗在想 |
[49:51] | All right, my time is up. | “那可以 把每周五口交的声音盖过去了” |
[49:53] | I’m wanted in hell. | 好了 |
[49:55] | Please return your friend to the upright position. | 我的时间到了 地狱正要通缉我呢 |
[49:58] | You have been a kind and forgiving audience. | 请将你的朋友恢复到直立位置 你们对我真的很好很宽容 |
[50:01] | Don’t forget to tip your waitress. | 别忘了给女服务员小费 |
[50:02] | She’s saving up to send her kids to Pittsburgh. | 她正在存钱送她孩子去匹兹堡 |
[50:04] | I’m Mrs. Maisel. Thank you | 我是梅赛尔太太 |
[50:06] | and good night. | 谢谢 晚安 |
[50:19] | – Again with the arm. – Get Midge. | -又拉我手臂 -把米琪找来 |
[50:21] | I’m working. Quick, hurry, go. | 我在找呢 -赶快 |
[50:24] | Did you just tip me? Holy shit. | 快去 -你刚刚给我小费了?天啊 |
[50:35] | Excuse me, excuse me, pardon me. | 借过 |
[50:37] | Excuse me, excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[50:40] | Excuse me? | 福特先生 |
[50:42] | Mr. Ford? | -是你 |
[50:44] | Oh, there you are. I’m, uh, Susie Myerson. | -我是苏西梅尔森 |
[50:46] | Of Susie Myerson and Associates. | -苏西梅尔森事务所 |
[50:48] | Okay. Well, hello, Susie Myerson. | -好的 你好 |
[50:50] | How’d you like the show? | 苏西梅尔森 |
[50:52] | Uh, I didn’t see much of it. | -你觉得表演怎么样? -我没怎么看 |
[50:54] | Oh, you saw my comic. I saw you watching my comic. | -我看见你看我的喜剧演员了 |
[50:56] | You were watching me watch the show? I didn’t even take my top off. | -你看见了?我都没脱我的上衣 |
[50:58] | What’d you think? Honestly. | 你觉得怎样?说实话 |
[50:59] | – Your girl’s funny. – She is. | -你那个艺人很逗 -是的 |
[51:01] | And kind of a looker, hmm? Good package for TV, don’t you think? | 而且是个靓女 很适合电视包装 |
[51:04] | – Well… – Why don’t you | 不觉得吗? -这个嘛… |
[51:05] | put her on your show? I think she’d be a big hit. | -让她上你的节目吧 她会大火的 |
[51:07] | She’s not right for my show. | -她不适合我的节目 |
[51:08] | Why not? Too funny? | -为什么?太逗了? |
[51:09] | Too downtown. | 太城里人了 |
[51:11] | I’m playing to the cornfields. But, yeah, she is good. | 我是面向乡下人的 不过她很不错 |
[51:13] | She can do cornfields. | -她也能够迎合乡下人 |
[51:15] | Sorry. But good luck. | -抱歉 祝你好运 |
[51:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[51:25] | Put her on your staff. | -让她加入你的团队吧 |
[51:27] | – What? – Your writing staff. | -什么? |
[51:29] | I know you don’t have any female writers. | 加入你的编剧团队 反正你们还没有女编剧 |
[51:30] | You sell soap. You know who buys soap? | 你推销肥皂 谁买肥皂? |
[51:33] | – Laundromats? – She can help you with those jokes. | -自助洗衣店? -她说的笑话能提告肥皂销量 |
[51:35] | How do you know I don’t have any women on my writing staff? | -你怎么知道我没有女编剧? |
[51:37] | – Just a hunch. – Well, my wife has been saying | -直觉 |
[51:39] | that the show could use a woman’s perspective. | 我老婆说女性视角对我们有用 |
[51:41] | Sounds like your wife is a smart lady. | 听上去你老婆挺聪明的 |
[51:42] | – Smarter than I am. – Susie. | -比我聪明 -苏西 |
[51:44] | Aha, here she is. Miriam Maisel, | 她来了 |
[51:47] | I’d like you to meet Gordon Ford. | 米里亚姆梅赛尔 我想让你见见戈登福特 |
[51:48] | Gordon Ford, Miriam Maisel. | -戈登福特 这是米里亚姆梅赛尔 |
[51:50] | Nice to meet you. You’re a very funny lady. | -幸会 你很逗 |
[51:52] | Well, thank you. I’m a big fan of your show. | 谢谢 |
[51:54] | – And you, by extension. – Want to come write for me? | 我是你节目的忠实粉丝 也是你的忠实粉丝 |
[51:56] | I’m sorry? | -你想为我写稿吗? -什么? |
[51:57] | Susie Myerson and Associates here | 苏西一直在夸你 |
[51:59] | has been talking you up. Says you could be my woman. | 说你可以做我的女人 |
[52:01] | Writers’ room-wise. | -我是说做我的女编剧 |
[52:02] | Oh, no. I-I’m not a writer. | -不 我不是编剧 |
[52:04] | – Sidebar. – What? | -私谈一下 -什么? |
[52:06] | Sidebar, sidebar, sidebar. | -私谈一下 |
[52:07] | – What’s at the sidebar? – Do you trust me? | -私谈干什么? |
[52:10] | Yes. | -你相信我吗? -相信 |
[52:11] | Take this job. | -接受这份工作 |
[52:13] | – I don’t want to be a writer. – Of course not. No one wants | -我不想当编剧 |
[52:15] | to be a writer, but this job gets you in the building. | 没人想当编剧 但这能让你打进内部 |
[52:17] | And once you’re in the building, you will get in his face, | 打进去之后 |
[52:19] | and you will make him fucking laugh every time you see him. | 你就经常在他面前晃 每次都把他逗笑 |
[52:21] | And finally he will see you for what you are, | 最终他会看到你本来的样子 |
[52:23] | a goddamn star. | 知道你是明星的料 |
[52:25] | This is it. | 这就是你爆红的机会 |
[52:26] | This is the break. | 你干不干? |
[52:28] | You in? | 前进 |
[52:34] | I’m in. | 干 |
[52:37] | Gordon? | 戈登 |
[52:39] | we accept your offer and we are super excited about it. | 我们接受你的邀约 并且非常激动 |
[52:42] | Okay. We’ll start her Monday. Mike, make it happen. | 好吧 |
[53:13] | ♪ She’s independent, she’s a modern woman ♪ | 周一让她来上班 |
[53:17] | ♪ She needs no prompting on her should and shouldn’t ♪ ♪ It’s always bosses who wish she wouldn’t ♪ | 迈克 |
[53:25] | ♪ Files in the cabinet so neatly numerical ♪ ♪ Makes all the clients so neatly alphabetical ♪ | 安排一下 |
[53:33] | – ♪ Turn of 21 ♪ – ♪ She’s looking at her map ♪ – ♪ Looking at her map ♪ – ♪ And looking at her watch ♪ | 创意监督 |
[53:40] | ♪ Looking at her watch ♪ | 朝思 |
[53:42] | – | – ♪ Bags on the rack ♪ ♪ Seems like she’s there ♪ |
[53:48] | ♪ | ♪ Seems like she’s there at the top ♪ ♪ Seems like she’s there at the top ♪ |
[54:01] | Bags ♪ There for her service, comfy red Granada ♪ | |
[54:05] | on ♪ Up to the Midlands with a taped Sinatra ♪ ♪ Plans all the hotels and airway charter ♪ | |
[54:14] | the ♪ Found under covers with some representative ♪ ♪ The deal is affected but still only tentative ♪ – ♪ Turn of 21 ♪ – ♪ She’s looking at her map ♪ | |
[54:25] | rack ♪ Looking at her map ♪ | |
[54:27] | ♪ – ♪ And looking at her watch ♪ – ♪ Looking at her watch ♪ | |
[54:30] | – | – ♪ Bags on the rack ♪ |
[54:33] | ♪ | ♪ Seems like she’s there ♪ |
[54:36] | Bags ♪ Seems like she’s there at the top ♪ | |
[54:39] | on the ♪ Seems like she’s there at the top ♪ | |
[55:24] | rack ♪ ♪ There at the top ♪ |