时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | 2820 and 1611, you have visitors. | |
[00:10] | 2820 and 1611. | |
[00:15] | All right, time’s up. Let’s go. | |
[00:17] | Really? You started without me? | 搞什么?我还没来你就开动了? |
[00:21] | – Take them. They’re stale. – Hey, | -都给你好了 反正不新鲜了 -嘿 |
[00:23] | to me, they’re like the black and whites | 对我来说它们就像 |
[00:25] | from William Greenberg. | 威廉格林伯格家的黑白饼干 |
[00:27] | So, what’s new? Who’s shanking who? | 有什么新闻吗?谁要刺杀谁? |
[00:29] | Please, the only battles in here | 你想多了 |
[00:32] | are over sections of the Financial Times. | 这里的争斗全是围绕 《金融时报》新闻发生的言语争斗 |
[00:33] | – Yeah. – My kingdom for a fistfight. | 要是能来场格斗那才叫好 |
[00:36] | – What’s that? – The headshots you asked for. | -这是什么? -你要的大头照 |
[00:39] | – Oh, you remembered. – Imogene remembered. | -你没忘啊 -是伊莫金没忘 |
[00:41] | I didn’t personalize them, but if you give me names, | 我没针对每个人写签名 |
[00:43] | – I’m happy to. – Oh. | 但如果你给我名字 |
[00:44] | Oh? What’s with the “oh”? | 我会很乐意做 “哦”是啥意思? |
[00:46] | – You got any older ones? – Older ones? | -你有显成熟一点的吗? -成熟一点的? |
[00:48] | Yeah, like, from the USO? | -给联合劳军组织拍的那种 |
[00:49] | The panty pose? You’re kidding. | -穿内裤摆拍的?你开玩笑的吧 |
[00:51] | I think that’ll be better for what | 那种更符合他们的需求 |
[00:52] | the guys are gonna use ’em for. | |
[00:53] | They’re gonna jerk off to them? | -他们要对着照片打飞机? |
[00:54] | They ain’t casting the spring musical. | -拿照片可不是给春季音乐剧选角 |
[00:56] | – And they can’t jerk off to this? – They can. | -他们没法对着这种照片打飞机? -可以 |
[00:59] | Of course they can. I look fucking amazing. | 当然可以 我这样很迷人 |
[01:00] | Hey, buddy, this doing anything for you? | 嘿 伙计 这张照片对你有用吗? |
[01:03] | – Midge. – Fine. Give me those back. | -米琪 -好吧 把那些还给我 |
[01:05] | I’ll have Imogene dig up the USO shots, | 我叫伊莫金把联合劳军组织拍的 |
[01:08] | and I’ll bring them next month, okay? | 那些照找出来 下个月带给你好吗? |
[01:10] | Thank you for your service. | 感谢你的服务 |
[01:11] | I’m a little nervous now about showing you | 我都有点担心你看到 |
[01:13] | this next picture. | 这张照片会怎么说了 |
[01:17] | Aw, little Rose on the kibbutz. | 在集体农场的小罗斯 |
[01:20] | Wearing vertical and horizontal stripes. | 身穿纵横条纹 |
[01:22] | My mother is rolling over in her grave. | 我妈要是知道 棺材板都要盖不住了 |
[01:24] | Tell her she’ll meet her grandfather | 告诉她 再等四到六个月 |
[01:26] | in four to six months, with good behavior. | 就能见到爷爷了 前提是她得乖乖的 |
[01:27] | Just what every little girl wants to hear. | 这话每个小女孩都爱听呢 |
[01:30] | – Hey, question. – Yeah? | -问你一个问题 -啥问题? |
[01:33] | – Why do you keep coming here? – For the pat-downs. | -你为什么老来这里? -享受搜身检查 |
[01:35] | You shouldn’t be able to come here. | 你不应该来这里 |
[01:36] | You should be out on the road. | 你应该在路上的 |
[01:37] | I need to buy new luggage first. | 那我得先买新行李啊 |
[01:39] | You should be performing. | 你应该在搞演出的 |
[01:40] | – I am. – You’re selling wigs. | -我在搞啊 -你在卖假发 |
[01:42] | I’m selling high-quality dreams. | 我在卖高级梦想 |
[01:44] | Of having more hair. | -拥有更多头发的梦想? |
[01:45] | I’m diversifying. | -我在往多方面发展 |
[01:46] | Aren’t you always telling me to do that? | 你不是一直劝我这样吗? |
[01:48] | I thought you’d be pleased. Do you know how much I’m making | 我以为你会很高兴呢 |
[01:50] | – on this wig line? – Susie… | 你知道我这条假发生产线 赚了多少钱吗? |
[01:51] | – Don’t. – She would hate this. | -苏西… -别提她 她不会喜欢你这样 |
[01:53] | I don’t really care what Susie would think. | -我不在乎苏西会怎么想 |
[01:54] | – Look, I’m just saying… – And I’m just saying | -我只是说一下… |
[01:56] | I can take care of myself. | 我现在告诉你 我能照顾好自己 |
[01:58] | You don’t have to always be looking out for me. | 你不必总为我担心 |
[02:00] | I like looking out for you. | -我喜欢为你担心 |
[02:01] | And look where that got you. | -这不就是你为我担心的后果? |
[02:04] | Holy shit. | 见鬼! |
[02:05] | Here’s another one. | 这儿还有一个 |
[02:06] | This place is really crawling with them. | 这儿到处都有这种 1961年 |
[02:09] | Temples, you get one Star of David. | 如果是礼拜堂 |
[02:10] | Somehow, it still gets the point across. | 只会有一颗大卫之星 但不知怎的仍能传达宗教精神 |
[02:12] | Don’t worry, we’ll just rip her right out of there. What? | 别担心 我们会把她弄出去的 |
[02:15] | And it’ll be done | 什么? 我们会怀着最大的敬意小心地 |
[02:17] | with the utmost respect and care, Reverend Mother. | 把她弄出去的 院长嬷嬷 |
[02:19] | Oh, yeah, absolutely. | 没错 |
[02:21] | You got rebar in here, Reverend Mother? | 这里有钢筋吗 院长嬷嬷? |
[02:24] | In all these columns? What’s rebar? | -这些圆柱里有吗? -什么是钢筋? |
[02:26] | You gonna help me out here or what? | 你到底要不要帮我? |
[02:28] | There it is. St. Xavier’s School for Boys. | 就是这儿了 圣泽维尔男校 |
[02:31] | I got nuns staring daggers. | 修女盯着我的眼神恨不得杀了我 |
[02:33] | I went in a boy, came out a broken soul. | 我刚进来时是个男孩 出去时灵魂都破碎了 |
[02:36] | And look at you now, turning it into a supper club | 可是瞧你现在 正要把这儿改造成一家夜总会 |
[02:39] | and about to make a mountain of cash. | 赚个金山银山 |
[02:40] | That’s my kind of broken soul. | 这才是我喜欢的破碎灵魂 |
[02:42] | The rulers were always new. Where did the old ones go? | 统治者总是新人 旧人去哪儿了? |
[02:44] | Look at the ceiling. | 瞧天花板 |
[02:46] | That’s what the Reverend Mother said whenever she smacked me. | 院长嬷嬷打我时就老说这句话 |
[02:48] | Great ceiling. | -“多棒的天花板” |
[02:50] | – This was your idea. – I know. | -这可是你的主意 -我知道 |
[02:52] | And it was a great idea. This room, with a stage? | -这主意很棒 这房间再加上那个舞台 |
[02:55] | And they’ve already got a kitchen and a parking lot, | 而且这儿还有一间厨房 和一个停车场 |
[02:57] | so people can drive in from Jersey. | -客人可以从新泽西开车来了 -我知道 |
[02:58] | – I know. – A parking lot, Arch. | -有停车场欸 阿奇 -我知道 |
[03:00] | – I know. – We’ve been looking for a place like this for months. | -这种地方我们都找了好几个月了 -我知道 |
[03:02] | – I know! – But if you’re gonna have a nervous breakdown | 但如果你每次来这儿都会崩溃… 不 |
[03:04] | – every time you come here… – No, I won’t. | 我不会的 我很好 |
[03:06] | I’m fine. Honest. Run. | 真的 快逃 |
[03:08] | Because we’d have to start all over. | 因为那样一来我们就得重新开始 |
[03:09] | Places like this are few and far between. | 这样的地方很少见 |
[03:11] | You sure you don’t want to take me out to that place | 你不是想带我去东村的 |
[03:13] | you scoped out in the East Village? | 那个地方吗?你对那儿超满意 |
[03:14] | – You were so excited about it. – Nope. It’s jinxed. | 不 那地方兆头不好 |
[03:17] | The minute I stepped in and spotted Susie’s two goons | 我一走进去就看见 在废物管理歌舞剧上碰见过的 |
[03:19] | from that waste management show… | 苏西那俩打手 |
[03:20] | – I remember this cabinet. – I don’t like those guys. | -我记得这个柜子 -我不喜欢那俩人 |
[03:22] | I used to hide in this cabinet. | -我以前常躲在这里 |
[03:24] | If they’re around Susie, then they’re around Midge. | -如果他们在苏西身边 米琪也在 |
[03:25] | I don’t want ’em around Midge. | -我讨厌他们在米琪身边 |
[03:26] | I wonder if I could still fit. | -不知道我还能不能藏进去 |
[03:27] | – Archie, stop. – You stop. | -阿奇 别说了! -你别说了 |
[03:30] | You’ve been obsessing over those guys for weeks. | 你已经念叨那俩人好几星期了 |
[03:31] | Because they’re fucking mobsters. | -因为他们是黑帮 |
[03:33] | Have you talked to Midge about them? | -你和米琪谈过了吗? |
[03:34] | No. I’m trying not to be the bad guy | 没 |
[03:36] | every time I talk to her. | 我每次和她说话 都努力避免当恶人 |
[03:37] | But you’re driving yourself crazy. Talk to her. | 可你这样会把自己逼疯 |
[03:39] | She’ll appreciate your concern. | 和她谈谈 她会感谢你的关心的 |
[03:41] | – Would you… – Aah! – Archie. | -你俩… -阿奇 |
[03:43] | I’m sorry, Reverend Mother. | 对不起 院长嬷嬷 |
[03:45] | I see you still haven’t learned to straighten your tie. | 你依然没有学会拉直你的领带 |
[03:48] | Would you both like to stay for tea? | 你俩想留下来喝茶吗? |
[03:51] | Well, Reverend Mother, | 院长嬷嬷 |
[03:52] | that’s a very kind offer, but we have to get going. | 谢谢你的好意 但我们得走了 |
[03:55] | You can take the tea away, Sister Clementine. | 你可以把茶端走了 克莱门汀修女 |
[03:57] | They won’t be staying. Oh, you heard | 他们不会留下来 |
[03:59] | I’m a disaster with a teapot? | 你们听说过我很不擅长弄茶壶吗? |
[04:02] | Uh, no. | 没有 |
[04:03] | Clementine, was it? | 你叫克莱门汀是吗? |
[04:06] | Are you flirting with a nun? | 你在和修女调情吗? |
[04:07] | She’s flirting with me. | -她在和我调情 |
[04:08] | Nuns don’t flirt. | -修女不会跟人调情 |
[04:10] | Do you like honey in your tea? | 你想要茶里加蜂蜜吗? |
[04:12] | – Holy shit, she is. – You know, | 天哪 |
[04:14] | however you like to make it is how I like to take it. | 她是在调情 不管你泡什么茶 |
[04:17] | Oh, my God. | 我都喜欢 我的上帝 |
[04:19] | You know, we’re gonna turn this into a supper club, | 我们打算把这里改造成夜总会 |
[04:21] | so don’t go giving up fun for Lent. | 所以不要为了大斋节就放弃享乐啊 |
[04:24] | I do like music and dancing. | 我喜欢音乐 也喜欢跳舞 |
[04:30] | Father, forgive me. | 神父 请原谅我 |
[04:31] | You tell her it’s | 你告诉她是苏西梅尔森事务所打来的 |
[04:32] | Susie Myerson and Associates calling. | |
[04:35] | Who am I? Why, are you gonna propose? | 我是谁?问这干啥? |
[04:37] | Just give her the message. | 你打算求婚?帮我带话就是了 |
[04:40] | S-O-N. Myerson. Nothing fancy. | 森林的森 梅尔森 就一个普通名字 |
[04:42] | And she has the number. Yes, okay, goodbye. | 她有我们的号码 是的 好的 再见 |
[04:45] | Excuse me, can I just drop this off for Ms. Myerson? | 打扰一下 我可以把这个 送给梅尔森女士吗? |
[04:47] | – Bin. – Do you ever look through this? | -放那儿 -你们看过这些吗? |
[04:49] | – It’s full. – Yes, dear. | 我们会翻看的 |
[04:50] | We look through the bin. That’s our job. | 那是我们的工作 |
[04:51] | There’s dust on them. | 上面都有灰尘了 |
[04:53] | Then yours will really stand out. | 你的会脱颖而出的 |
[04:54] | Thank you for your materials. | 谢谢你送材料过来 |
[04:55] | We look forward to reviewing them. Good morning. | 我们会查看的 |
[04:56] | I’m calling from Susie Myerson and Associates for Ms. Dyer. | 我这边是苏西梅尔森事务所 我找代尔女士 |
[04:59] | Sure, I’ll hold. Excuse me, I need you | 好的 我等着 |
[05:01] | to wait in line outside with everyone else. | 喂 跟大家一起在外面排队等候 |
[05:02] | Five minutes, I swear. I’m the next Mort Sahl. | 请给我五分钟时间 我绝对是下一个莫特萨尔 |
[05:04] | In the line, Mort. Okay, could I leave a message, then? | 去排队 莫特 好的 那我可以留言吗? |
[05:05] | Is that her in there? Hey, Ms. Myerson. | 里面是她吗?嘿 梅尔森女士! |
[05:08] | Shelly Liebenthal. I got a tight five. | 我叫雪力! 能给我五分钟演个段子吗? |
[05:10] | Dinah, please. We got to close this fucking door | 这门得关上 |
[05:12] | so these losers can’t see me. | 好让这些废物看不见我! |
[05:13] | They’re not losers, they’re potential clients. | 他们不是废物 他们是潜在客户 |
[05:15] | She’s smaller than I pictured. Alfie. | 她的个头比我想象的小 你太折磨我了 |
[05:17] | You’re killing me, you know that? You’re killing me. | 知道吗? 你太折磨我了! |
[05:18] | You sound upset. | 你生我气了? |
[05:20] | You bought a fucking llama. – And? | -你买了一只羊驼 -然后呢? |
[05:21] | – Why? – Why does anyone buy a llama? | -为什么? -为什么有人要买羊驼? |
[05:24] | For my act, of course. | 当然是为了我的表演 |
[05:25] | Her name is Catherine, by the way. | 顺便说一下 她叫凯瑟琳 |
[05:27] | – I don’t care. – Well, she does. | -我不在乎! -她在乎 |
[05:28] | I am looking at a $2,000 room service bill. | 我现在手上拿着一张 两千美元的客房服务账单 |
[05:31] | I know you don’t eat, so I’m gonna assume this is Catherine. | 我知道你不吃东西 所以想必这是凯瑟琳花的 |
[05:33] | I always remind her the salad is entrée sized, | 我常常提醒她 说沙拉是前菜的分量 |
[05:35] | but she just won’t listen. | 但她就是不听 |
[05:36] | And the shitting. It’s got to stop. | 还有拉屎的事必须打住 |
[05:38] | I sincerely hope you’re talking about her now. | 我真诚地希望你说的这事是指她 |
[05:40] | The Orpheum’s pissed. They sent a bill. | 奥菲剧院的人很生气 寄来了一份账单 |
[05:42] | They’re gonna have to change the carpet. | 说他们得换地毯 |
[05:43] | Oh, dear. I’ll speak to Catherine. | 天啊 我会和凯瑟琳谈谈 |
[05:45] | Just get her a crate, huh? | 给她弄个木箱 |
[05:47] | And if you see her start to squat, abracadabra, | 如果你看到她开始蹲下 |
[05:49] | make it disappear. | 就念个咒语 |
[05:50] | She’s feeling judged. | 让她的大便消失 她感觉受到了评判 |
[05:52] | Goodbye. | 再见! |
[05:55] | Just rent a llama. | 租一只羊驼就好了嘛 |
[05:56] | Hey, Dinah, we got her yet? | 嘿 戴娜 和她联系上了吗? |
[05:58] | Still leaving messages. | 我还在留言 |
[05:59] | Keep trying. Maggie! Nothing. | -继续试 玛吉! |
[06:02] | Don’t look so worried, huh? You’ll get wrinkles. | -来了! 别太担心 会长皱纹的 |
[06:05] | It’s been a week. Why haven’t we heard? | 已经一个星期了 为什么还没消息? |
[06:07] | This is how it goes with these Hollywood fucks. | 这些好莱坞混蛋就是这样 |
[06:10] | This part– this is my part, Susie. | 这个角色简直是为我量身定制的 |
[06:12] | I can feel it. I’ve never wanted anything more in my life. | 我能感觉到 我这辈子别无所求 |
[06:14] | Believe me, I know. | 相信我 我知道 |
[06:16] | You haven’t shut up about it for two months. | 这话你已经连续说了两个月了 |
[06:17] | You’re driving me crazy. | 都快把我逼疯了 |
[06:18] | They must’ve hated me. | 他们肯定是讨厌我 |
[06:20] | You wouldn’t have gotten three callbacks if they hated you. | 如果他们讨厌你 就不会叫你去试演三次 |
[06:22] | “Her name was Diana, but I knew her as DiDi.” | “我认识她时她叫迪迪” |
[06:24] | Do not do the scene for me again. I will kill you | 别再给我演那场戏了 |
[06:26] | if you do that scene for me again. | 你再对着我演 我会杀了你 |
[06:28] | Susie, I got her! – Maggie’s got her! | -苏西!联系上她了! -玛吉联系上她了! |
[06:29] | See? We got her. | 瞧见没?我们联系上她了 |
[06:35] | You go. You stay, you stay, | 你走吧 你留下来 你留下来 |
[06:38] | you stay, you go, you go. What? | 你走吧 |
[06:40] | Do me a favor, find out if the voice is real. | 帮我个忙 听听是不是她的声音 |
[06:44] | Helen. Susie Myerson. | 海伦!我是苏西梅尔森 |
[06:46] | Thanks so much for getting back to us. | 非常感谢你回复我们 |
[06:47] | I’ve owed money to people who call me less than you do. | 我的债主打电话都没你打得勤 |
[06:49] | What a nice personal anecdote. | 多有趣的个人轶事啊 |
[06:51] | I am calling about my client, James Howard. | 我打来是想问 我的艺人詹姆斯霍华德的事 |
[06:53] | James is terrific. A genuine talent. | 詹姆斯很棒 |
[06:55] | – I adore James. – I appreciate the love, | 一个真正的天才 我喜欢詹姆斯 |
[06:57] | but how about an answer? | 很感激你喜欢他 但能给我个准信吗? |
[06:59] | Soon as I have one. | 我一有准信就会告诉你 |
[07:00] | Helen, is he still in the running or not? | 海伦 他到底还在不在候选名单里? |
[07:02] | – He is. – Mm. And how many others is he running with? | 在 他的竞争对手有几人? |
[07:05] | You know I can’t tell you that. | 我不能告诉你 |
[07:06] | You like hearing your phone ring all day, Helen? | 那你喜欢整天被电话铃声骚扰吗? |
[07:07] | Jesus. If managing doesn’t work out, | 天啊 |
[07:09] | you got a real future as a union boss. | 如果当经纪人的事业成功不了 你去当工会的老大绝对能成功 |
[07:11] | – It’s between him and one other. – Who is it? Dick Gregory? | 他的竞争对手只有一个人 是谁?是迪克格雷戈里 |
[07:14] | – It’s Dick Gregory, right? – Look, Ms. Myerson, if it were up to me… | 对吧? 梅尔森女士 如果这事取决于我… |
[07:17] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. I-It’s not up to you? | 等等 |
[07:18] | Who’s it up to? | 这事不取决于你? 那取决于谁? |
[07:19] | The producer, David Weston. | 制片人大卫韦斯顿 |
[07:21] | So, what I’m hearing is you have no power here? | 所以你的意思是这事你没有决定权? |
[07:23] | Well, that’s not exactly… | 我并不完全… |
[07:24] | It’s all about this David Weston? | 这事只由大卫韦斯顿说了算? |
[07:26] | I’m very important in an advi… | 我的重要作用在于… |
[07:27] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[07:29] | David Weston. | 大卫韦斯顿 |
[07:34] | What the hell? | 这是搞什么? |
[07:35] | I don’t know. She just walked in and fell asleep. | 我不知道 她一走进来就睡着了 |
[07:37] | – Miriam? – Hi. I’m ready. | -米里亚姆? -嗨!我准备好了 |
[07:39] | When’s the last time you slept? | -你上次睡觉是什么时候? |
[07:41] | On the walk over. | -在天桥上 |
[07:42] | You know, you don’t have to work all day, | 你不必工作一整天后 |
[07:44] | then do a gig every night, right? | 还每晚都去演出 |
[07:45] | Every night. Got to stay sharp. | 必须每晚都去 我得保持敏锐 |
[07:47] | You’ve got a day job. | 你有一份白天的工作啦 |
[07:49] | Here, open a vein, | 来吧 把这个喝进去 |
[07:51] | – pour this in. – What’d she say? | 她怎么说? |
[07:53] | She loves you, you’re in the running, but it’s not | 她很喜欢你 |
[07:54] | her decision, it’s the producer’s. | 但这事由制片人说了算 |
[07:56] | So, what should I do? | 我该怎么办?我不擅长等消息 |
[07:57] | I’m not good at waiting around like this. I… | |
[07:58] | Find a club, tell a joke, | 去找个俱乐部 |
[07:59] | and don’t come back here until I call you. | 讲个段子 我给你打电话之前不要回来 |
[08:03] | Hey! Don’t you have work? | 嘿!你不去工作吗? |
[08:05] | Is it morning or night? | -现在是早上还是晚上? -还是早上 |
[08:07] | – Still morning. – I got to get to work. | 我得去上班了! 我今晚去哪里演出 |
[08:09] | – Where am I tonight, Dinah? – Refer to the board, Midge. | 戴娜? -请看告示牌 |
[08:11] | Which one am I? | 米琪! -我是哪个? |
[08:12] | Look for your initials. We’ve been through this. | -找你的姓名缩写 |
[08:13] | Yes, but there are two “M-M’s.” | -可这儿有两个“MM” |
[08:15] | You are little “m-m.” Morty Minsk is the big “M-M.” | 你是小写的“mm” 莫蒂明斯克是大写的“MM” |
[08:17] | Why aren’t I the big “M-M”? I was here before Morty. | 为什么我不是大写的MM? 我比莫蒂先来 |
[08:19] | I figured you’d want to be more petite. | 我以为你会想要娇小的 |
[08:21] | Well, I do appreciate that, Dinah, | 谢谢你的好意 戴娜 |
[08:22] | but can you also make your big M’s and your little m’s | 可是你能让大写的和小写的 |
[08:24] | look a little more different? | 区别明显一点吗? |
[08:26] | The other night I showed up for Morty’s spot | 有天我去看了莫蒂 在“到底”夜店的现夜 |
[08:27] | at The Bitter End, and let me tell you, | 现场没人喜欢他的爵士段子 |
[08:28] | none of us liked that jazz set. | |
[08:30] | How about you just write “Midge”? | 你写“米琪”怎么样? |
[08:31] | I can’t fit five letters. | 写不下全名 |
[08:33] | That would be too squished. What about two little hearts? | 会很难看的 |
[08:35] | Oh, that would be cute. | -要不画两个心形? -那会很可爱 |
[08:36] | Will you just get your two little hearts out of here | 能先别管心形的事吗?赶快去工作 |
[08:38] | and go focus on your day job. | |
[08:40] | Is it morning or night? | 现在是早上还是晚上? |
[08:43] | Battle station, girls, | 各就各位 姑娘们 |
[08:45] | because we have a new target: David Weston. | 我们这下有个新目标了 大卫韦斯顿 |
[08:48] | Steak dinner to the first one who gets him on the phone. | 谁第一个让他接电话 就奖谁一份牛排晚餐 |
[08:50] | On it. | -马上行动 |
[08:51] | Could I get a baked potato? | -能奖一份烤土豆吗? |
[08:53] | A steak dinner comes with a baked potato, Maggie. | 牛排晚餐配有烤土豆 玛吉! |
[08:55] | Just the baked potato. I don’t need the steak. | 我只要烤土豆 我不吃牛排的 |
[08:57] | So don’t eat the steak. | 到时候你别吃牛排不就好了 |
[08:58] | Can’t I just order the potato? It seems like a waste of cow. | 我不能只点土豆吗? |
[09:00] | You know what? Dinner’s off. | 点牛排晚餐太浪费了 这样吧 |
[09:02] | Just find David Weston. | 晚餐奖励取消 赶紧给我联系大卫韦斯顿! |
[09:04] | Okay, Midge, take your pick. | 好了 米琪 你选吧 |
[09:06] | The solar system that’s missing Earth | 缺少地球的太阳系 |
[09:08] | or the volcano I dropped | 或者我刚从地铁里出来时 |
[09:09] | coming out of the subway just now. Sorry. | 不小心摔到地上的火山 抱歉 |
[09:11] | I don’t know. They both look like a “B,” “B-plus.” | 我不知道 这俩看起来都像是B或者B+ |
[09:13] | This is Ethan we’re talking about here. | 我说的是伊森的水平 |
[09:15] | Hm… | |
[09:18] | That’s a solid “D-plus” right there. | 这绝对是个D+ |
[09:20] | Sold. | 同意 |
[09:22] | – So nice of you to join us. – Ooh. | 你能加入我们真是太好了 |
[09:24] | Didn’t realize Johnnie Walker made an aftershave. | 我不知道尊尼获加威士忌 还做须后水呢 |
[09:26] | Don’t shout. Everything hurts. | 别喊 什么都痛 |
[09:28] | – Where were you last night? – Down at 15th Street. | 你昨晚去哪里了? 第15街 |
[09:31] | I did a 7:00 set for the doorman and the waitress. | 晚上7点给门卫和女服务员 做了一段演出 |
[09:33] | Yeesh. Yeesh, indeed. | -咦 -是啊 |
[09:35] | Until last night, I’d never been heckled | 昨晚是我第一次碰到 |
[09:37] | by the sound of a napkin being folded. | 有人用折叠餐巾纸的声音对我起哄 |
[09:39] | Oh, Midge, Reuben Salazar | 米琪 |
[09:41] | went on after me and did your garter belt joke. | 鲁本萨拉扎追着我 表演了你的吊袜带段子 |
[09:43] | Fucking Reuben. Why steal that joke? | 该死的鲁本!为什么要偷那个段子? |
[09:46] | – It doesn’t even work for a guy. – He did a voice. | -男的来演根本不会有笑果 -他变了声演的 |
[09:48] | I want to punch him in the face. | 我想揍他 |
[09:50] | Now, now, don’t go doing that. Let us punch him in the face. | 不 别那样 让我们去揍他 |
[09:52] | You fold up all five fingers, right? That’s a fist? | 你把五根手指都弯了起来 对吧? 那是拳头? |
[09:55] | Gordon wants to talk about the monologue. | 戈登想谈独白的事 |
[09:57] | – We haven’t written it yet. – He has ideas. Chop, chop. | -我们还没写好呢 |
[09:59] | Ay yi yi. | -他有新想法 快点 |
[10:01] | They’re big fans of the show. | 他们是节目的忠实粉丝! |
[10:03] | – So was Ed Gein. – Oh, come on, Gordy. | -艾德盖恩不也是? -别这么说 阿戈 |
[10:05] | He was. He sent letters from the madhouse. | 他从疯人院寄来过信 |
[10:07] | They were deeply upsetting, | 那些信令人深感不安 |
[10:08] | but not nearly as upsetting as this. | 但都不如这封信令人不安 |
[10:09] | – Who’s Ed Gein? – They based Psycho on him. | -艾德盖恩是谁? -《惊魂记》的原型 |
[10:11] | He wore people’s skin. | -他穿过人皮 |
[10:12] | Oh, my goodness. | -我的天哪 |
[10:14] | Nice to know he’s tuning in. | 他喜欢看我们的节目不错啊 |
[10:15] | Does that count as two Nielsen views? | 这能算两次尼尔森观看量吗? |
[10:17] | Did stuff with the bones, too. Made necklaces. | 他还用骨头做过东西 做过项链 |
[10:20] | I don’t want to know what he made purses from. | 我可不想知道他用什么做的手提包 |
[10:21] | Let’s table this, guys, and get to the monologue. | 我们还是来说独白的事 |
[10:23] | Our topics lately– the whole feel– | 我们最近的话题 给人的整体感觉令人不适 |
[10:25] | it’s-it’s off. Any specifics, boss? | 能具体说说吗 头儿? |
[10:27] | We’re coming down awfully hard on Debbie Reynolds lately. | 最近对黛比雷诺兹的攻击太狠了 |
[10:30] | Mel? Anything you want to add to that? | 梅尔 你有什么要补充吗? |
[10:31] | – Left that wide open for you. – Rain check. | 你这方面可能有问题 我想等会儿再补充 |
[10:34] | Hedy’s feeling there’s a little too much women-bashing going on, | 赫蒂说独白中有太多对女性的抨击 |
[10:35] | so let’s rethink this. | 所以我们重新考虑一下吧 |
[10:37] | Oh, maybe we can finally get Debbie on the show. | 也许可以请黛比上我们的节目 |
[10:38] | I’m sorry. Why are you in here, Mike? | 不好意思 迈克 你怎么在这里? |
[10:41] | – What? – You’re never in these meetings. | -什么? -这种会你从没参加过 |
[10:43] | I’ve been in these meetings for the last five years, George. | 我参加这种会都有五年了 |
[10:45] | George, don’t abuse Mike when the person you’re mad at is me. | 乔治 你生气的人是我时 不要对着迈克发泄 |
[10:48] | You? Why would I ever be mad at you? | 你?我为什么要生你的气? |
[10:50] | George is absolutely furious with me | 乔治现在绝对很生我的气 |
[10:51] | ’cause I don’t want to say the words “Diddy Doo Diaper Cream” | 因为我不肯在节目上 |
[10:53] | on the show, or anywhere. | 或者在别的场合说 “迪迪杜屁屁霜” |
[10:55] | I shouldn’t have even said it just now. | 其实我刚才都不应该说的 |
[10:56] | Okay, but you can’t do a show | 可是没有赞助商你就做不成节目 |
[10:58] | without sponsors, not last time I checked. | 据我所知是这样 |
[11:00] | We have sponsors. Great sponsors. | 我们有赞助商 有很厉害的赞助商 |
[11:02] | Chevy’s a sponsor. I can talk all night about Chevy. | 雪佛兰就是 我可以谈一整夜雪佛兰 |
[11:04] | Well, Diddy Doo outbid Chevy. | 可是迪迪杜的出价高于雪佛兰 |
[11:06] | They’re hungry. They want to make a mark. | 他们想出名 |
[11:08] | They can make their mark on someone else’s show. | 他们可以去找别人让他们出名 |
[11:09] | You wanted to revamp the set. | 你不是想改造布景吗? |
[11:11] | This’ll pay for it, and then some. | 他们不仅能支付改造费 还能再给一笔钱 |
[11:13] | Then I’ll keep the set. It’s been a lucky set. | 那我就不改造现有布景 反正它给我们带来了好运 |
[11:15] | Coming down hard on Debbie Reynolds? | 对黛比雷诺兹的攻击太狠了 |
[11:16] | Who are we, her new husband’s bookie? | 难道我们是她老公的赌注登记人? |
[11:18] | Good to have you back, Mel. Diddy Doo | 很高兴你回来 |
[11:20] | is a popular product and it’s a demographic | 迪迪杜是一款受欢迎的产品 |
[11:21] | we’re trying to reach. | 产品受众也是我们想要的观众群体 |
[11:23] | Babies? We want babies to watch the show? | 婴儿?我们想要婴儿看我们的节目? |
[11:25] | Not babies, their mothers. | 不是婴儿 是宝妈们 |
[11:26] | I’ve used Diddy Doo, for what it’s worth. | 我用过迪迪杜 |
[11:28] | I mean, not on me | 我不是说用在我身上 |
[11:30] | personally, but… Am I the only one? | 而是… 我是唯一用过的吗? |
[11:34] | Well, cute jar, smells good, but, weirdly, it gave me a rash. | 他家的屁屁霜罐子好看 产品闻起来 很香 但奇怪的是让我起了皮疹 |
[11:38] | I can’t help but harken back to our radio days, Georgie, | 我回想起我们以前做广播的时候了 |
[11:41] | when you got us sponsored by that weed killer | 你让我们得到了除草剂制造商的赞助 |
[11:42] | – Not the weed killer. – that wound up killing | 但他家除草剂杀不死杂草 |
[11:43] | not weeds but a dozen senior citizens. | 反倒毒死了十几个老年人 |
[11:45] | Fourteen. I read about it. | 是十四个人 我看过报道 |
[11:47] | – Beats Ed Gein. – Maybe they were using it wrong. | -把艾德盖恩都打败了 -也许他们没用对除草剂 |
[11:49] | A lot of empty houses at bingo that week. | 那个星期在宾果游戏厅有很多空房 |
[11:50] | Should we get back to the monologue? | 继续讨论独白吧 |
[11:52] | Just meet the reps. | 你就去见见他们的代表嘛 |
[11:54] | They’re coming to the show tomorrow night. | 他们明晚要来看我们的节目 |
[11:55] | They’re very excited. | 他们非常期待 |
[11:56] | Plus, they’re throwing a little soiree after, | 而且他们还会在之后举办一个小晚会 |
[11:58] | a cruise on the Hudson, all in your honor. | 乘游轮在哈德逊河上观光 只为了向你表示敬意 |
[12:00] | Yeah, I’m not going to that. | 我可不会去 |
[12:01] | It will be very noticeable | 如果你不去 |
[12:03] | if you don’t come. | 将会非常引人注意 |
[12:04] | You didn’t think it would be a good idea to check | 你在答应屁屁霜皮疹团 让我赴他们的约之前 |
[12:06] | with your star before committing him | 难道没想过先跟我商量一下? |
[12:08] | to a boat ride with the diaper rash gang? | |
[12:09] | I’m sorry, Gordon, I… | 对不起 戈登 |
[12:10] | You didn’t think to call? We share a wall, George. | 你没想过先给我打电话吗? 我们共用一堵墙 乔治 |
[12:12] | You didn’t want to do your special knock? | 是你不想敲墙壁? |
[12:14] | I should’ve checked with you. I realize that now. | 我是应该先跟你核实一下的 我现在知道了 |
[12:16] | – So, this is on you. – I just didn’t think you’d respond this way. | -所以责任在于你 -我只是没料到你的反应是这样 |
[12:19] | You didn’t think I’d maybe not want to humiliate myself | 你就没想过我可能不想 |
[12:20] | on national television? | 在国家电视台上令自己蒙羞? |
[12:21] | – You used to trust me. – You used to listen to me. | -你以前都信任我的 -你以前都会听我的! |
[12:23] | – Because the network said… – Fuck the network! | -电视网的人说… -去他大爷的电视网! |
[12:28] | Now, if you don’t mind, I’d like to get back | 如果你不介意 我想继续讨论 |
[12:31] | to things that we are actually gonna do on the show. | 我们将要在节目中做的东西 |
[12:33] | I’m sorry, Gordon. | 对不起 戈登 |
[12:36] | – My apologies. – Thank you. | 我很抱歉 谢谢 |
[12:38] | Now, seriously, how are we gonna kick things off tonight? | 好了 说正经的 我们今晚要怎么开场? |
[12:40] | Well, clearly, you’re coming out in a diaper. | 很明显 你得穿着纸尿裤出场 |
[12:47] | I say let’s get political again. | 我看还是把话题再次转向政治吧 |
[12:51] | I’m busy. | 我很忙 |
[12:53] | Listen, George, I-I just wanted to say… | 乔治 我只是想说声对不起… |
[12:55] | I’m sorry, is this you and David Ben-Gurion? | 这是你和大卫本古里安吗? |
[12:57] | Yes. | -是的 |
[12:59] | But he’s smiling. | -他在微笑欸 |
[13:00] | He’s actually deeply funny. | 他实际上非常风趣 |
[13:02] | There something I can help you with? | 有什么我可以帮你的吗? |
[13:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:06] | I shouldn’t have opened my big fat mouth in there. | 我刚才不应该大嘴巴的 |
[13:08] | It didn’t help. | 那句话没能缓解尴尬气氛 |
[13:09] | I’ll say. | 没错 |
[13:10] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:11] | Well, I appreciate you saying that. | 我很感激你这么说 |
[13:14] | And if there’s anything I can do to make it up to you, | 如果有什么我可以做的来补偿你 |
[13:16] | I am at your disposal. | 你尽管吩咐 |
[13:17] | How on earth could you help me? | 你能帮我什么忙? |
[13:20] | Well, that party tomorrow, on the boat– | 明天在船上的派对 |
[13:23] | – I could be your pinch hitter. – A pinch hitter for whom? | -我可以充当替补 -谁的替补? |
[13:25] | For Gordon. Sounds like you need a little entertainment, | 戈登 |
[13:28] | and I’m a comic. I’m also a mom, | 到时你们应该需要一点娱乐吧 而我是个喜剧演员 |
[13:30] | and I’ve got a million diaper jokes. | 我也是妈妈 我有无数个关于纸尿裤的段子 |
[13:31] | I’m good with diapers, ergo I’m good with diaper people. | 我很擅长纸尿裤 所以也擅长和纸尿裤行业的人打交道 |
[13:34] | That’s not a bad idea. | 这个主意倒是不错 |
[13:36] | Show them we got a girl writer who likes the product. | 喜欢他们产品的女编剧 |
[13:38] | What time do we set sail? | 我们什么时候启航? |
[13:39] | 7:30. Don’t mention your rash. | 7点半 别提你起皮疹的事 |
[13:42] | My lips are sealed. | 我的嘴密不透风 |
[13:43] | – It is gone, isn’t it? – The rash? | -已经好了 对吗? -皮疹? |
[13:46] | Yes, all clear. | 是的 完全好了 |
[13:47] | – Good. – Want to check? | -很好 -想检查一下吗? |
[13:49] | No, thank you. Now get out. | 不 谢谢 出去吧 |
[13:51] | What are you gonna wear? | 你会穿什么? |
[13:53] | – Out. – Okay. | -出去! -好的 |
[13:54] | Almost done. | 快完成了 |
[13:55] | Don’t fidget. | 不要烦躁 |
[13:56] | You don’t have to do this, Mrs. Weissman. | 你不必做这事的 |
[13:58] | Of course I do. Your earlobes look positively naked. | 我当然得做 |
[14:01] | – It’s obscene. – But you’ve already… | 你的耳垂看起来赤裸裸 这样不道德 |
[14:02] | – Hey, I’m sewing here. – Sorry. | -但你已经… -我正在这儿缝线呢 |
[14:04] | I think these will do quite nicely. | -对不起 -这副耳环应该会很好看 |
[14:06] | They were my Grandmother Lehman’s. | 是我姥姥雷曼的 |
[14:08] | An awful woman with exquisite taste. | 她是一个品味高雅的可怕女人 -韦斯曼太太 |
[14:10] | – Oh, Mrs. Weissman… – Oh, there goes the seam, Zelda. | -接缝处又裂开了 泽尔达 |
[14:14] | Sorry. You’ve already done so much. | 对不起!你为我做了太多 |
[14:16] | You let me have my special day here, in this house, | 这幢房子里有太多我的回忆 我的清洁用品也都在这里 |
[14:19] | with all my memories and cleaning products. | 而你允许我在这里 度过我人生最特别的一天 |
[14:21] | Well, I certainly was not gonna let you get married | 我当然不会让你在市政厅结婚 |
[14:23] | at city hall. That’s a place for third weddings, | 那是举行第三次婚礼的地方 |
[14:26] | when everyone’s given up on you. | 那时人人都对你无望了 |
[14:27] | There. | 好了 |
[14:28] | It wouldn’t make it through the hora, | 应该撑不过跳霍拉舞的环节 |
[14:30] | but coming down the hallway should be fine. | 但是走完过道应该没问题 |
[14:33] | I found it. | 我找到了 |
[14:34] | Oh, Miriam, put that away. Shirley, look. | -米里亚姆 把它拿走 |
[14:37] | Oh. | -雪莉 你看 |
[14:39] | There she is, on her wedding day. | 这是她婚礼当天拍的照 |
[14:41] | Not a white rose left on the Eastern Seaboard. | 东部沿海的白玫瑰一朵不剩 |
[14:43] | My God, Rose. Were you even thinner than you are now? | 天啊 罗斯! 你那会儿竟然比现在还瘦! |
[14:47] | I was, yes. | 是的 |
[14:49] | And that dress, those shoes. | 瞧这裙子!这鞋子! |
[14:51] | Oh, they were beautiful shoes. | 鞋子非常漂亮 |
[14:52] | Your mother has perfect feet for shoes. | 你妈妈的脚穿鞋子非常好看 |
[14:54] | Oops. | -哎呀 -泽尔达! |
[14:56] | – Zelda. – I had to move to see the picture. | -我蹲下来才能看清照片 -帮我省省心吧 |
[14:58] | Help me help you. If you want to wear an heirloom | 如果你想穿一件 用棉花糖做的传家宝 |
[15:00] | made of cotton candy, fine, but do as I tell you, | 没问题 但是你得照我说的做 |
[15:03] | or you’ll be taking your vows in your underwear. | 否则你就要穿着内衣宣誓了 |
[15:05] | I used to stare at this album all the time growing up. | 我小时候常盯着这套相册看 |
[15:08] | Mama, you look so pretty. | 妈妈 你的样子真漂亮 |
[15:10] | I do, don’t I? | 是吧? |
[15:11] | And Papa looks so scared. | 爸爸则一副很害怕的样子 |
[15:14] | He does, doesn’t he? | 是吧? |
[15:15] | That’s because he knew what was coming. | 因为他知道接下来会发生什么 |
[15:17] | What? Mortgages? | 什么?抵押贷款? |
[15:18] | No, the wedding night. | 新婚之夜 |
[15:19] | Oh, Shirley, please. | 雪莉 别说了! |
[15:20] | No, everyone thinks | 人人都认为会是女方畏惧新婚之夜 |
[15:21] | it’s the ladies who are scared, | |
[15:23] | but we have mothers, best friends, | 但我们的妈妈、姐妹 |
[15:25] | rabbis, school nurses, | 拉比、学校护士、杂志 |
[15:27] | magazines scaring the shit out of us | 早就在我们第一次 |
[15:30] | the minute we get our first period. | 来月经时吓过我们了 |
[15:32] | We’re ready. The men, however… | 因此我们早就准备好了 然而男人们… |
[15:34] | I really don’t want to talk about this. | -我不想谈论这种事 |
[15:36] | – Joel was ready. – Am I invisible? Silent? | -乔尔当时就已经准备好了 你当我是隐形人吗?当我是无声人? |
[15:39] | Do words come out of my mouth and disappear into the ether? | 话从我嘴里说出来却又消失在空中? |
[15:41] | I’m just saying, that boat landed at Normandy, | 我只是说 那艘船在诺曼底登了陆 |
[15:43] | and he stormed the beach. | 然后他猛烈攻击了海滩 |
[15:45] | That’s my Joely. | 我家乔尔好样的 |
[15:46] | Miriam, this is nightclub talk. | 米里亚姆 |
[15:48] | I am not listening to this. | 这是在夜店才能说的事 我不要听这种事 |
[15:49] | – Twice. – Oh, my God. | -攻击了两次 -我的上帝 |
[15:51] | Plus, you two had been doing it in your bedroom | 而且在那之前 |
[15:52] | for two years prior. | 你俩在卧室里 做这种事做了两年了 |
[15:55] | Mama, you look so pretty. | 妈妈 你的样子真漂亮 |
[15:58] | Here comes | 新娘来了 |
[15:59] | the bride. Get up, get up, get up. | 站起来! |
[16:14] | If I could’ve had ten minutes with his pants, | 如果能给我十分钟 帮他弄一下他的裤子 |
[16:17] | he’d look so much better. | 他的样子会好看很多 |
[16:18] | I should’ve given him a suit. | 我应该给他一套西装的 |
[16:20] | We did all we could do. We have to let it go. Be seated. | 我们尽力了 就这样吧 |
[16:29] | – How much longer is he gonna play? – Hard to say. | -还有多久? -很难说 |
[16:31] | Is this a wedding or a recital? | 这是婚礼还是音乐会? |
[16:33] | This is Chopin, people. | 这是肖邦 各位 |
[16:35] | It’s one of his most famous works. It tells a story. | 是他最著名的作品之一 |
[16:37] | You don’t just stop. | 讲述了一个故事 不能只弹一截就结束 |
[16:39] | Chopin will forgive you, Papa. Wrap it up. | 肖邦会原谅你的 爸爸 快收尾 |
[16:44] | Happy? | 满意了吧? |
[16:45] | Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today | 亲爱的朋友们 我们今天聚在这里 |
[16:48] | to join together this man and this woman | 是为了见证这个男人和这个女人 |
[16:51] | in holy matrimony… | 缔结神圣的婚姻 |
[16:52] | Do you remember the day Zelda arrived at our door? | 你还记得 泽尔达来到我们家的那天吗? |
[16:54] | No. …signifying unto us the mystical | 不记得 |
[16:56] | union that betwixt Christ and his Church… | …基督和他的教会之间的神秘结合… |
[16:59] | Well, we know what side he’s on. | 知道他站在哪一边了 |
[17:01] | Therefore, if any man present | 因此 |
[17:03] | can show just cause | 如果在场有谁能提供正当理由 |
[17:05] | why they may not be lawfully joined together, | 证明他们不能合法结合 |
[17:07] | let him now speak, or else, | 请现在就说出来 |
[17:09] | – hereafter, hold his peace. – Mm. | 否则以后永远别说 |
[17:11] | And now, Zelda | 泽尔达和亚努西 |
[17:14] | and Janusz have each written their own vows. | 各自写下了自己的誓言 |
[17:17] | Zelda? | 泽尔达? |
[17:18] | Slowly, Zelda, slowly. | 泽尔达? 慢慢来 泽尔达 慢慢来 |
[17:25] | Janusz, | 亚努西 我爱你 |
[17:26] | I love you. | 亚努西 我爱你 |
[17:29] | I love everything about you. | 跟你有关的一切我都爱 |
[17:31] | I love that you are on time. | 你每次都准时 |
[17:33] | I love that you hang pictures straight | 你每次都把照片挂得很端正 |
[17:35] | and always without measuring, perfectly centered. | 不用尺子量 照片就刚好居中 |
[17:38] | I love that you don’t lose money. | 你从不赔钱 |
[17:41] | I love that you never stain a wooden spoon. | 你从不弄脏木勺 |
[17:44] | I love that you lift with your legs. | 你每次用腿发力起身的样子我喜欢 |
[17:48] | And I love… | 我喜欢当你的妻子 |
[17:50] | that I am your wife. | |
[17:53] | Now, Janusz. | 轮到亚努西了 |
[17:54] | Mine has been a life of hardship. | 我一直过着艰苦的生活 |
[17:58] | Cold winters. Many nights, no sleep. | 寒冷的冬天 |
[18:00] | My family lived day to day, | 无数个无眠的夜晚 我的家人过着活一天算一天的日子 |
[18:02] | but I was good with tools. | 但我擅长使用工具 |
[18:05] | I could fix what was broken, | 我能修复破碎的东西 |
[18:07] | and that was to be my life, I thought. | 曾经我想 修东西就是我的人生 |
[18:10] | And then I meet you, Zelda. | 然后我遇见了你 泽尔达 |
[18:13] | I did not know I was broken | 此前我都不知道我的灵魂破碎了 |
[18:15] | until you were the one to have fixed me. | 是你修复了我破碎的灵魂 |
[18:17] | Oh, Jesus. – Moishe. | -天啊! -莫舍! |
[18:20] | He’s killing me, Shirl. | 他要感动死我了 阿雪 |
[18:22] | I will be providing for you. You will be | 我会养你 |
[18:24] | wanting for nothing. | 你会一无所缺 |
[18:26] | Now, you will finally | 现在你终于可以享受 |
[18:28] | get to enjoy life, | 没有负担的生活了 |
[18:29] | without burden, never having to work another single day | 只要你活着 |
[18:33] | for as long as you live. | 就永远不必再工作一天 |
[18:34] | What did he say? | 他说什么? |
[18:36] | I’m not quite sure. His accent is so thick. | 我不太确定 他的口音太重了 |
[18:38] | Did he say she would never work again? | 他是说她再也不会工作了吗? |
[18:41] | – I don’t know. – Miriam, | 不知道 |
[18:43] | what did he say? | 米里亚姆 他刚才说什么? |
[18:45] | What? Papa, stop. I’m trying to listen to the vows. | 什么?爸爸 安静! 我在用心听誓言呢 |
[18:48] | Rose, is she quitting? | 罗斯 她要辞职了吗? |
[18:50] | What is wrong with you people? | 你们怎么了? |
[18:51] | And I am your Janusz until we die, | 我是你的亚努西 |
[18:53] | together, | 直至我们一起死去为止 |
[18:54] | peacefully, let’s hope. | 但愿会是安详地死去 |
[18:57] | Abe, are we losing Zelda? | 安比 我们要失去泽尔达了吗? |
[19:00] | “Never having to work another day” | 再也不用工作了 |
[19:02] | is pretty cut-and-dry. We’re work. | 这话说得很清楚 我们是她的工作 |
[19:04] | – Shh. – We’re not just work, we’re family. | 我们不只是她的工作 我们是一家人 |
[19:07] | This is how she tells us? | 她跟我们说这种话? |
[19:08] | Hey! There’s a man speaking Polish up here. | 嘿!这里有一个人正在讲波兰语 |
[19:10] | And what did he mean, “without burden”? | 他说的“没有负担”是什么意思? |
[19:13] | Have we been a burden to Zelda all these years? | 这些年来我们一直是她的负担? |
[19:14] | Mama, Papa, knock it off. | 妈妈!爸爸!别说了 |
[19:16] | I don’t know why you’re being so calm right now. | 我不知道为什么你现在这么平静 |
[19:19] | Because our Zelda’s getting married. | 因为我们的泽尔达正在结婚 |
[19:20] | Apparently our Zelda thinks we’re a burden, | 你没听见我们的泽尔达 |
[19:22] | that includes you. | 认为我们是负担吗?那也包括你 |
[19:23] | What? No, it doesn’t. | 什么?才不包括我 |
[19:25] | Most of her day is spent taking care of your children. | 她每天大部分时间 都是在照顾你的孩子 |
[19:28] | Yes, she loves them. They’re like family. | 是的 她爱他们 他们就像家人一样 |
[19:30] | Are you sure about that? | -你确定吗? |
[19:31] | My children are not the burden. | -我的孩子们才不是她的负担 |
[19:32] | He was talking about you guys. | 他说的是你们 |
[19:33] | Either way, you’re losing | 甭管是指谁 |
[19:36] | your childcare. Oh. | 你的托儿服务现在要没有了 |
[19:40] | Did that sound like Zelda was quitting to you? | 你觉得他们的誓言的意思 是泽尔达要辞职吗? |
[19:42] | I couldn’t tell you what’s what anymore, | 我判断不出来 这会儿说的都是波兰语 |
[19:44] | – everything’s in Polish. – If she quits, we’re screwed. | 如果她辞职 我们就完蛋了 |
[19:46] | – Who’s gonna watch the kids? – Oh, God. | 谁来照看孩子们? 天啊 |
[19:48] | Zelda brings them by the club after school | 孩子们放学后 如果我没法接他们 |
[19:50] | when I can’t pick them up. This is not good. | 泽尔达就带他们去我的店 这可不妙 |
[19:52] | Excuse me, guys, Father Piotr, | 不好意思 各位 彼得神父 |
[19:54] | but is it too late to make an objection? | 但现在提出反对是否为时已晚? |
[19:56] | – I’m sorry? – Oy gevalt. | 什么? |
[19:57] | Well, not an objection, per se. | 不是反对 |
[19:59] | A r-request for clarification, really. | 是要求澄清 |
[20:02] | I’m just wondering, | 你说新娘终于可以享受人生了 |
[20:04] | when you say the bride will “finally enjoy” her life, | |
[20:08] | uh, when exactly will she start enjoying it? | 那她是从何时开始享受人生? |
[20:12] | Are we thinking end of the year? | 是年底吗? |
[20:15] | Through the summer? | 是夏天结束后? |
[20:17] | We have that cocktail party in May for my clients. | 我们五月份要为我的客户 举办鸡尾酒会 |
[20:20] | Uh, could the bride start to enjoy her life | 新娘可以在鸡尾酒会后 |
[20:22] | after the cocktail party? | 开始享受人生吗? |
[20:24] | Oh, a-and would the bride still be able to pick Ethan up | 新娘还能接伊森放学吗? |
[20:26] | from school Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, or was that part of the burden, too? | 接他放学算不算也是一项负担? |
[20:29] | Pipe down, all of you. | 你们都给我安静点 |
[20:31] | You’re making Jews look loud and obnoxious! | 你们这样显得犹太人又吵又讨厌! |
[20:36] | Damn it! | 可恶! |
[20:38] | As Janusz and Zelda have consented | 既然亚努西和泽尔达同意 |
[20:41] | to holy wedlock before God, | 在上帝面前缔结神圣的婚姻 |
[20:44] | I pronounce that they be | 我现在宣布他们已经成为夫妻 |
[20:47] | man and wife together. | |
[20:49] | In the name of the Father, of the Son, | 以圣父、圣子和圣灵的名义 |
[20:52] | and of the Holy Ghost. | |
[20:54] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[21:00] | This reminds me of our wedding. | 这让我想起了我们的婚礼 |
[21:02] | Your mother had her head up my skirt | 你妈整晚都把头探进我的裙子里 |
[21:04] | the entire night. | |
[21:09] | Just called down to see if little Katrina in 3B | 刚刚打电话问了3B房的小卡翠娜 |
[21:11] | – is still looking to babysit. – And? | 是否还在寻找临时保姆的活儿 结果呢? |
[21:14] | Turns out she now has two littler Katrinas of her own | 她现在生了两个更小的卡翠娜 |
[21:16] | and needs a babysitter. | 自己都需要找临时保姆 |
[21:18] | Wasn’t she 12, like, a year ago? | 一年前她不是才12岁吗? |
[21:20] | Hope not. | 但愿不是 |
[21:21] | Vodka? It’s ceremonial. | 喝伏特加吗?这是仪式 |
[21:24] | Sure. | 当然要喝 |
[21:26] | To our kids figuring out how to raise themselves. | 祝愿我们的孩子学会照顾自己 |
[21:28] | To Zelda finding love. | 敬泽尔达找到了爱情 |
[21:30] | Ooh, much better. | 好多了 |
[21:35] | That’s good. | 味道不错 |
[21:38] | Hey, want to add a day care to the Button Club? | 想给纽扣俱乐部增设日托服务吗? |
[21:39] | – Maybe at the new club. – Oh, yeah. | 也许新开的夜店会考虑 |
[21:41] | How was Our Mother of Holy Hell? | 对哦 |
[21:43] | We’re gonna buy it. | 地狱圣母计划进展如何? |
[21:45] | That’s great. | 我们决定买下来 不错啊 |
[21:48] | I’m really happy for you. | 我真为你高兴 |
[21:49] | You just find the dirty spot | 只要看地毯上哪里脏了 |
[21:50] | on the carpet, and you push forward, | 然后就对着那儿向前推 |
[21:52] | then you pull back. | 然后向后拉 |
[21:53] | You push forward, then pull back. | 向前推 然后向后拉 |
[21:55] | – For how long? – Till the dirt is gone. | -要搞多长时间? -直到污垢消失 |
[21:57] | – How will I know? – Rose, stop monopolizing her. | 怎知道有没有消失? 罗斯 别净你一个人问 |
[22:00] | Now, Zelda, can you please explain | 泽尔达 你能解释一下这个吸尘功能 |
[22:03] | – the exact mechanicals of the suction function? – No! | 确切的机械原理吗? 不能! |
[22:06] | And what do we do when it’s full– – Midge… | 满了我们该怎么办? 米琪 |
[22:09] | – buy a new one? – You empty it, Mr. Weissman. – Joel. | 乔尔 |
[22:10] | When you did that trade show a couple months ago, | 你几个月前搞那个贸易展节目时 |
[22:13] | there were two guys. They were talking to Susie. | 我看见有两个人跟苏西说话 |
[22:16] | – Frank and Nicky? – Sure. They’re friends of Susie’s? | -弗兰克和尼基? -没错 |
[22:18] | Friends? Well… | -他们是苏西的朋友? -朋友? |
[22:20] | ‘Cause they seem like thugs. | -呃… -他们看起来像是暴徒 |
[22:21] | No. Well, yes. | 不是的 呃 |
[22:23] | They’re friendly thugs. | 是的 他们是友善的暴徒 |
[22:24] | What the hell are friendly thugs? | 啥是“友善的暴徒”? |
[22:25] | I don’t know. Thugs who say hi to the mailman. | 不知道 就是会跟邮递员打招呼的暴徒 |
[22:27] | You don’t need to worry about Frank and Nicky. | 你不用担心弗兰克和尼基 |
[22:30] | I think I do. | -我就是担心 -不用 |
[22:31] | No, look, yes, | 没错 |
[22:32] | they are not men who punch a clock for a living. | 他们不是 靠朝九晚五工作为生的人 |
[22:34] | They punch the guy who punches the clock. | 他们是靠殴打那种人为生的人 |
[22:36] | But they are friends of Susie’s. Yes. | 但他们是苏西的朋友 |
[22:39] | – Sort of. – Friends? | -算是吧 -朋友? |
[22:40] | Well, they weren’t always friends. | 呃 |
[22:42] | They actually kidnapped her once. | 他们并不一向是朋友 |
[22:43] | – Uh-huh. – Mm. They were supposed to | 其实他们绑架过她一次 |
[22:45] | rough her up or kill her | 他们本来是要痛扁她或杀了她的 |
[22:46] | or dump her body in the East River, but they didn’t. | 或者将她的尸体抛进东河的 但最终他们没这样 哇 |
[22:48] | Wow, a happy ending. Guess I was worried for nothing. | 算是幸福结局? 我是白担心了 对吗? |
[22:52] | You do not need to worry about it. | 你无需担心 |
[22:53] | I’m in the club business. | 我从事夜店行业 |
[22:55] | My father’s in the garment industry. | 我爸从事服装行业 |
[22:57] | I know these kind of guys. | 我了解这种人 |
[22:58] | I’m in the club business, too, Joel. | 我也从事夜店行业 乔尔 |
[23:00] | Well, if you think this isn’t gonna bite you in the ass… | 如果你认为那俩人对你没有危险… |
[23:02] | I’m a big girl, with a big a… You know what I mean. | 我是成年女人了 有一颗强大的… 你知道我的意思 |
[23:06] | I don’t want you mixed up with them. | 我不想让你跟他们有牵连 |
[23:07] | – I’m not. – But Susie is. | -我没有 -可苏西有啊 |
[23:09] | Midge, I know she’s your manager | 米琪 |
[23:11] | and she’s helped you with your career, but | 我知道她是你的经纪人 她在你的职业生涯中帮助过你 |
[23:12] | I don’t know if you’ve noticed, she’s kind of fucked up. | 但我不知道你有没有注意到 她有点不正常 |
[23:14] | Everyone’s fucked up in comedy. | 喜剧行业的人都不正常 |
[23:16] | And if she’s in bed with these guys, | 如果她和这些家伙搞在一起 |
[23:17] | then you’re in bed with these guys. | 那你也是 |
[23:18] | I’m not in bed with anyone. | 我才没有和他们搞上 |
[23:19] | I’m sleeping on the floor, pal. | 伙计 |
[23:21] | She had you dancing on a garbage truck for them. | 她曾让你在垃圾车上跳舞 |
[23:23] | – I didn’t dance. I can’t dance. – Midge, come on. | 我没有跳舞 我不会跳舞 |
[23:25] | Joel, you’re pissing me off. | -得了吧! -你惹我生气了 |
[23:26] | Sorry. I don’t think you know | 我认为你并不知道 |
[23:27] | what you’re getting into here. | 自己正陷入什么境地 |
[23:28] | I know exactly what I’m getting into. | 我知道我正走入什么境地 |
[23:30] | It was a one-time thing. After that, | 那种事只发生一次就没有过了 |
[23:31] | everything’s squared away. Nothing owed. | 之后一切都风平浪静了 我没欠任何人的 |
[23:33] | So, you can just relax and go back to your | 所以你只管放心 |
[23:35] | “club manager person being thing.” | 继续当好你的夜店经理 |
[23:36] | – That was terrible. – Fuck you. How was that? | -你这么说真糟糕 -去你的!怎么样? |
[23:38] | I don’t want anything to happen to you. Can’t you get that | 我不想你出事! |
[23:41] | through your thick head with the 30 layers | 你的脑子为什么就听不进我的话 |
[23:42] | of fucking hair spray? | 是因为用了发胶吗? |
[23:44] | You never used to mind my hair spray. | 你以前从来不介意我用发胶的 |
[23:45] | Oh, bullshit. It’s like crop-dusting | 胡说 |
[23:47] | in the bathroom when you’re done. | 用发胶就像是脱裤子放屁 |
[23:48] | Back off, Joel. I can take care of myself. | 你别管我 乔尔 我能照顾好自己 |
[23:50] | Oh, so, what, I shouldn’t give a shit? | -所以呢?我不应该在乎吗? |
[23:52] | – I never said that. – I shouldn’t care about you? | -我从没这么说过 -我不应该在乎你? |
[23:54] | – Of course you should. – ‘Cause too bad, I’m gonna. | -你应该 |
[23:56] | I don’t care how mad you get at me, | 我就是要在乎你 才不管你多生气 |
[23:57] | – I’m not gonna let anything happen to you. – Fine. | -我不会让你出任何事情的 -好吧 |
[23:59] | If anyone so much as touches a hair on your head– | 如果有人敢摸你的头发 |
[24:01] | not that they could with all that goddamn hair spray– | 虽说你用了发胶因此他们也摸不到 |
[24:03] | they would not be dead enough. Do you understand? | 他们敢摸 我会让他们死得难看 明白? |
[24:04] | I don’t. Can you explain it again, caveman-style? | 我不明白 你能再解释一下吗 穴居人? |
[24:07] | A lot of men wash their hands of their ex-wives, | 很多男人才懒得 |
[24:08] | – you know that? – I know. | -管他们前妻的死活 -我知道 |
[24:09] | They’d just be like, “Oh, you’re owned | 他们只会说 |
[24:11] | by the mob? Too bad.” | “你被黑帮控制住了?太糟糕了” |
[24:12] | Well, they’re assholes. | 那种人是混蛋 |
[24:13] | – I’m not washing my hands. – I know, | -我没有不管你的死活 |
[24:15] | ’cause you’re not an asshole. | -我知道 因为你不是混蛋! |
[24:20] | Abe? Zelda. | -安比? -泽尔达! |
[24:22] | Mr. Weissman, I told you not to run the toaster | 韦斯曼先生 我告诉过你 不要同时开烤面包机 |
[24:25] | and vacuum at the same time. | 和吸尘器! |
[24:26] | So, my whole life has to change? | 我的整个生活这下都得改变了? |
[24:32] | So… | 那么… |
[24:33] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:39] | I have to go tell jokes about diapers on a boat. | 我得去一艘船上 讲关于纸尿裤的段子了 |
[24:41] | That sounds made up. | 听起来像是编造的借口 |
[24:43] | To be continued? | 未完待续吗? |
[24:45] | Apparently so. | 显然要 |
[25:00] | – Okay, just let him know that Dinah – Okay, just tell him that | 请告诉他 |
[25:02] | – from Susie Myerson and Associates called again. – Susie Myerson called again, | 苏西梅尔森事务所的 戴娜又来过电话 |
[25:04] | – and she expects a call back soon. – Thank you so much. | 太感谢了 |
[25:08] | Any luck? | -找到他了吗? -没有 |
[25:09] | None. I went to Sardi’s, where he’d just had lunch. | 我去了萨迪餐厅 他才在那里吃过午饭 |
[25:13] | He’d eaten everything but the bacon, egg and avocado | 一份科布沙拉 他什么都吃了 |
[25:16] | from his Cobb salad and, honestly, | 就是没吃里面的培根、鸡蛋和鳄梨 说真的 |
[25:17] | why get a Cobb salad then? | 既然如此 干吗要点科布沙拉? |
[25:19] | But the waiter told me he mentioned | 不过服务员有告诉我 |
[25:21] | he was heading to his barber, | 他吃完后去了理发店 |
[25:22] | so I go down to Astor Place. | 所以我就去了阿斯托广场 |
[25:25] | You know how many guys named David | 老多叫大卫的人在那里理发 |
[25:26] | were having their hair cut in there? | |
[25:27] | They all looked alike, too. | 而且长得也像 |
[25:29] | I had to get a straight razor shave to fit in. | 我说我要用刮胡刀剃须才混了进去 |
[25:31] | Felt really fucking good. I recommend it. | 感觉真他大爷的好 我很推荐 |
[25:34] | That’s how I did. How about you? | 我就做了这些事 你呢? |
[25:35] | – I’ve left 52 messages. – Did you pretend | 我已经给对方留了52条言 |
[25:37] | to be Eartha Kitt? You do a great Eartha Kitt. | 你有没有谎称自己是厄莎基特? |
[25:39] | Three hours ago, yes. | 三小时前干过一次 |
[25:40] | Mm. What about your IRS lady? | 有谎称是国税局的人吗? |
[25:42] | I did her, too, and now | 也干过了 |
[25:43] | I have to have lunch with his accountant. | 现在我得和他的会计师共进午餐 |
[25:45] | Dinah, I just heard. He left for the day. | 戴娜 我刚听说他离开办公室了 |
[25:47] | Motherfucker! | -混蛋! -混蛋! |
[25:51] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[25:53] | – Where are you going? – Back out. | 你要去哪里? |
[25:55] | Gonna show off my shave. | 重新出门 |
[25:58] | Hello? | 去炫耀我的剃须成果 喂? |
[26:01] | Yes, this is the Internal Revenue Service. How may I help you? | 是的 |
[26:11] | ♪ Pray for it ♪ ♪ Say hooray for it ♪ | 这里是国税局 |
[26:16] | ♪ But just stay with it… ♪ | 有什么可以帮到你的吗? |
[26:20] | So I said, I said, “Dizzy, I don’t know what you’re playing, | 我说:“迪齐 我不知道你在弹什么 |
[26:21] | but I’m in B-flat.” In front of a paying audience. | 但我用的是降B大调” 是的 |
[26:27] | Oh, yes, yes, Nanette. Thank you. | 南内特 谢谢你 |
[26:30] | I made it myself in the back. | 是我在后面自己做的 |
[26:31] | They only put out bourbon at these things | 他们只推出了波旁威士忌 |
[26:33] | ’cause it’s all these guys drink. It’s so boring. | 因为这些男的都要喝这个 太无聊了 |
[26:35] | Happy to liven things up for you. | 很高兴我使你增加了点活力 |
[26:37] | I saw you at The Wolford, by the way. You’re funny. | 对了 我在沃尔福德看过你的表演 |
[26:39] | Mm. Well, I’m a fan of your work as well. | 你很逗 我也是你作品的粉丝 |
[26:42] | Keep these flying and make sure everybody’s nice and drunk. | 你要不停给这些人添酒 让每个人都高兴 喝得大醉 |
[26:45] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[26:46] | Well, don’t you look pretty as a picture. | 你真是美如画啊 |
[26:49] | You clean up nice yourself, George. | 你把自己收拾得也不错 乔治 |
[26:51] | They’re all in very good moods. | 他们的心情都很好 |
[26:53] | And they all have very young wives. | 他们都有非常年轻的妻子 |
[26:55] | Those aren’t their wives. You ready to knock ’em dead? | 那些不是他们的妻子 你准备好给他们一击了吗? |
[26:58] | It’s that or jump overboard and swim back to shore. | 如果不这样 我就得跳下船自己游回岸边 |
[27:00] | Yes. I’m ready. Let’s go. | 嗯 我准备好了 走吧 |
[27:03] | You have better jokes than that, right? | 你的段子比刚才的好笑 对吧? |
[27:04] | – I do. – All right. | -是的 |
[27:07] | ♪ Hoove your heart right in and stay with love ♪ | -好 |
[27:10] | Good evening and ahoy. | 晚上好 各位! |
[27:15] | How are we all doing tonight? | 大家今晚玩得怎么样? |
[27:18] | What a great event, right? | 这个活动超棒 对吧? |
[27:20] | Sailing around the isle of Manhattan. | 绕着曼哈顿岛航行 |
[27:23] | The combination of a swaying boat | 乘着摇摆的游船 |
[27:25] | and double bourbons. What could go wrong? | 畅饮双份波旁威士忌 |
[27:28] | I am Mrs. Maisel, one of | 还有什么不满意的呢? |
[27:31] | The Gordon Ford Show writers, | 我是梅赛尔太太 是《戈登福特秀》的一位编剧 |
[27:32] | and I want to thank you for your interest in our | 我想感谢大家 |
[27:34] | humble, little, “number one in the ratings | 对我们谦逊低调 收视率排名第一的 |
[27:38] | put that in your pipe and smoke it, Jack Paar” show. | 让杰克帕尔甘拜下风的 |
[27:43] | Wow. | 脱口秀感兴趣 |
[27:44] | Here I am talking to a boat full of men about diaper cream. | 我在这里跟满船的男性谈论屁屁霜 |
[27:49] | I wonder if somewhere on the East River | 不知东河某处是否有位男喜剧演员 |
[27:51] | there’s a male comic talking to a boat | 正跟满船的女性谈论电动工具 |
[27:53] | full of women about power tools. | 讽刺的是 |
[27:55] | Ironic that Diddy Doo Diaper Cream | 迪迪杜屁屁霜是男人发明的 |
[27:58] | was invented by men. I mean, men are masters | 我的意思是 |
[28:01] | of the universe– wheel, fire, war, et cetera– | 男人是宇宙的主人 对车轮、火、战争等等都擅长 |
[28:04] | but babies? | 但是对婴儿嘛 |
[28:05] | Not really their domain, is it? | 他们真的不在行 对吧? |
[28:08] | Every time a man holds a baby it ends in screaming tears. | 男人每次抱孩子 |
[28:11] | And then the baby gets upset, too. | 都以尖叫的泪水告终 然后宝宝也会不高兴 |
[28:16] | I appreciate you guys, really. | 我很感激你们 真的 |
[28:18] | Th-This boat is full of the only men in America | 这艘船上的男人是美国仅有的 |
[28:21] | who actually care this much about baby ointment. | 真正很关心婴儿药膏的男人 |
[28:23] | But let’s be honest, | 但老实说 |
[28:26] | the biggest reason you care | 你们关心的最大原因是 |
[28:27] | is that it makes you a ton of money. | 这种产品能让你们赚很多钱 |
[28:34] | But the second-biggest reason is your future third wives | 但第二大原因是 你们未来的第三任老婆 |
[28:37] | are currently in diapers, | 目前还穿着纸尿裤 |
[28:38] | and you don’t want them to be uncomfortable. | 而你们不希望她们感到不舒服 |
[28:40] | And I think that’s very kind of you. Yes. | 我认为你们这么想非常心善 |
[28:47] | Can I ask you a question? Yes. | -可以问你一个问题吗? -可以 |
[28:49] | A question. Yes. | -一个问题? -可以 |
[28:51] | – A question. – Yes. | 是我想不通的一个问题 |
[28:52] | It’s something I can’t figure out. | |
[28:53] | – I hope you won’t say no. – No. | -我希望你不会拒绝 -我不会 |
[28:55] | – It’s all about my sister. – What? | -是关于我姐姐的 -什么? |
[28:57] | – My sister. – Who? | -我姐姐 -谁? |
[28:58] | – My sister. – Oh. | 她加入了一个裸体主义聚居地 |
[28:59] | She’s joined a nudist colony. | 她加入了一个裸体主义聚居地 |
[29:02] | – So, what I want to know… – Yes? | -所以我想知道的是… -请说 |
[29:05] | ♪ What can you get a nudist for her birthday? ♪ | 给裸体主义者送什么生日礼物好? |
[29:09] | ♪ What kind of birthday present can you buy? ♪ | 应该买什么样的生日礼物? |
[29:12] | David Weston. | 大卫韦斯顿! |
[29:13] | ♪ Tell me on the level ♪ | |
[29:15] | ♪ Can I send her a muff? ♪ | |
[29:17] | You are a very hard man to get ahold of. | 要找到你可真不容易 |
[29:19] | – Who the hell are you? – Susie Myerson. | -你是谁? -苏西梅尔森 |
[29:21] | I represent James Howard. You know, that terrific comic | 我是詹姆斯霍华德的经纪人 就是那位有戏剧能力的 |
[29:24] | with the startling dramatic ability you’ve had audition | 优秀喜剧演员 迄今为止 |
[29:26] | for your war picture, what is it, four times now? | 他被你们叫去给你的战争片 试镜了…一共四次了吧 |
[29:28] | You can’t be serious. | 你是认真的吗? |
[29:29] | Why order a Cobb salad if you don’t like bacon or eggs? | 如果你不喜欢培根和鸡蛋 为什么要点科布沙拉? |
[29:32] | How do you know I like Cobb salad? | 你怎么知道我喜欢科布沙拉? |
[29:34] | You don’t like Cobb salad is my point. | 我说的是你不喜欢科布沙拉 |
[29:35] | I-I think you should leave. | 你最好马上离开这里 |
[29:37] | This is not the place for this conversation. | 这儿不是谈这种事的地方 |
[29:39] | I agree. It’s 180 fucking degrees in here, | 我同意 这儿的温度都到100度了吧 |
[29:42] | and the acoustics are terrible. | 而且音响效果很差劲 你可以在工作时间 |
[29:43] | You can call my office during business hours and make… | 打电话到我的办公室 让… |
[29:45] | I have been calling your office during business hours, David, | 我有在工作时间 给你的办公室打电话 大卫 |
[29:49] | nonstop for two days straight. | 连续两天不停地打 |
[29:51] | You don’t take my calls, you won’t call me back. | 你不接我的电话 也不给我回电话 |
[29:53] | What are we, married? All I need is an answer, | 怎么?我们是夫妻吗? |
[29:56] | so I can get this kid off my back. | 我只需要一个回复 这样我才能摆脱那孩子的纠缠 |
[29:57] | He’s driving me up a goddamn wall. | 我都快被他烦死了 |
[29:59] | I will pay you five bucks for that water. | 我付给你五美金 买你手上这杯水 |
[30:01] | It’s free over there. There’s a jug. | 水免费 这儿有个水壶 |
[30:02] | I will die if I move. Give me that water. | 我再动就会死掉 |
[30:08] | Ah. Okay. So, what’s it gonna be, yes or no? | 把水给我 好了 |
[30:12] | – Huh? – You think I’m giving you | 结果是什么? |
[30:13] | an answer here and now? | 选上了还是没选上? 你认为我会在此时此地给你回复? |
[30:15] | – Just pick one. – He was very good and I’m still debating. | 给个结果就好了啊 他很不错 但我们还在讨论 |
[30:18] | David, seriously, listen. | 大卫 说真的 |
[30:22] | I don’t give a shit. Actually, I’d prefer it to be no. | 结果是啥我不在乎 我宁愿他没选上 |
[30:25] | This kid is a great comic, | 这孩子是个很棒的喜剧演员 |
[30:27] | and, frankly, I make so much more money | 坦率说 如果他去搞巡演 |
[30:30] | off of him if he goes out on tour. | 我从他身上赚的钱会多得多 |
[30:31] | I mean, he goes out for a year, boom, that’s my next car, | 如果他出去巡演一年 我买下一辆车的钱都能赚出来 |
[30:34] | and he comes back a giant star, | 而且他回来时肯定也成了一颗巨星 |
[30:37] | and then I can get him a world tour. | 然后我就可以让他搞世界巡回演出 |
[30:38] | Oh, I’ll have to move to the country, I’ll have so many cars. | 我就得搬到乡下去了 我会有很多辆车 |
[30:41] | I’ll park ’em all over the place, | 把它们停在各处 |
[30:42] | and then I’ll just drive one car to another | 我可以开一辆车去另一辆车的停车点 |
[30:44] | all day long. | 一整天都开不完 |
[30:45] | If he were to come work for you, | 如果他来为你工作 |
[30:47] | you’d pay him nothing, and I would have to take that | 你一毛钱都不会付给他 可我只能接受 |
[30:50] | ’cause he wants to do this ridiculous movie so badly. | 因为他非常想拍这部荒谬的电影 |
[30:53] | He’s never wanted anything more in his life. | 他这辈子别无所求 |
[30:55] | He won’t shut up about it. | 嘴巴里一直念叨着这事 |
[30:56] | Frankly, I don’t know why. I read the script. | 坦率地说 我不理解为什么 |
[30:59] | It’s terrible. It’s a terrible, terrible script. | 我读过剧本 非常差劲 太差劲了 |
[31:01] | Now, hold on a second. | 等一下 |
[31:02] | It’s a brilliant script. | 那个剧本非常好 |
[31:03] | The man who wrote it was nominated for an Oscar. | 写剧本的人曾得到过奥斯卡提名 |
[31:06] | Did he win? Didn’t think so. | 他获奖了吗?应该没获奖 |
[31:08] | I’m just telling you, it’s got act three problems, | 我只是跟你说一下 剧本的第三幕有问题 |
[31:10] | but, you know, you go ahead | 不过你想做什么都自便 |
[31:12] | and do what you’re gonna do. I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[31:13] | “I don’t care”? That’s what you told him? | -“我不在乎”?你这么跟他说的? -是的 |
[31:16] | Yep. – And that it was a terrible script? | -还说那个剧本很差劲? -是的 |
[31:18] | – That’s right. – After you cornered him at a gay bathhouse? | 而且还是在你去同性恋澡堂 逼问他的情况下 |
[31:20] | Look, I had a hunch where he hung out, | 我凭直觉猜到他会去哪里放松 |
[31:22] | but I didn’t want to go there. He forced my hand. | 但我不想去那里 是他逼我的 |
[31:24] | What was it like? The bathhouse? | 澡堂那地方是啥样? |
[31:27] | So many dicks. | 好多屌 |
[31:28] | Just as I pictured. | 和我想象的一样 |
[31:30] | Stop looking at me that way. | 别那样看着我 |
[31:33] | You begged him not to hire your client. | 你求他不要选用你的艺人 |
[31:34] | That’s the opposite of what you’re supposed to do. | 这与你作为经纪人的职责正好相反 |
[31:36] | Look, it was my last play. He said he liked James | 这是我最后的一招了 |
[31:39] | but he’s also looking at Dick Gregory, | 他说他喜欢詹姆斯 但他也在考虑迪克格雷戈里 |
[31:41] | James Earl Jones. | 还有詹姆斯琼斯 |
[31:42] | That’s stiff competition, so I had to do something. | 竞争激烈得很 |
[31:44] | Stiff. | 所以我得采取点行动 激烈 |
[31:46] | Go home, Maggie. | 赶快回家 玛吉 |
[31:47] | All right. | 好的 |
[31:49] | I had to force my way out of the place, too. | 而且我还是好不容易 从那地方逃了出来 |
[31:52] | Of all the times to form a nude conga line. | 明明可以趁他们 排裸体康加舞队形的时候逃出来 |
[31:55] | So, what now? | 那现在怎么办? |
[31:56] | Mm. We wait. | 等着 |
[31:58] | Then we throw up. And then we wait. | 然后呕吐 然后又等着 |
[32:03] | I signed a really good cabaret singer, though. | 不过我签了一个非常好的 |
[32:05] | That’s something. | 卡巴莱歌手 这还行 |
[32:06] | Mm. James will be thrilled to hear that. | 詹姆斯听到这事会高兴死的 |
[32:09] | So, boys, | |
[32:11] | how about our secret weapon here? | 伙计们 |
[32:13] | – Can I spot talent or what? – Hysterical. | 我们的秘密武器怎么样? 是不是个人才? |
[32:15] | Who knew our diaper cream was so funny? | -特别逗 -谁能知道我们的屁屁霜这么逗? |
[32:17] | Well, anything involving a tush is generally comedy gold. | 凡涉及屁屁的事情 通常都是讲段子的最佳素材 |
[32:19] | Do you perform like this often? | 你经常这样表演吗? |
[32:21] | Every night, as a matter of fact. | 事实上 我每晚都做这种表演 |
[32:23] | You know, George, she should be on the show. | 她应该上节目 |
[32:24] | I’ve never thought of that. | 这我从没想过呢 |
[32:26] | – She could be our spokesperson. – Intriguing. | -她可以当我们的发言人 |
[32:27] | Uh, fellas. | -这主意很有趣 |
[32:29] | She could be our funny Diddy Doo Doll. | 她可以当有趣的迪迪杜娃娃 给婴儿换纸尿裤 |
[32:31] | – Changing a baby. – In a bikini. | 是的 穿着比基尼 |
[32:32] | Yes, because motherhood can be sexy. | 是的 因为做母亲也可以很性感 |
[32:35] | Okay. Well, it’s been lovely speaking | 好了 先生们 和你们谈话很愉快 |
[32:37] | with you, gentlemen. George, | 乔治?我们办公室见 |
[32:38] | – I’ll see you at the office. – All right. | |
[32:40] | I love this idea. | 我喜欢这个主意 |
[32:41] | This is the best idea I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过的最好的主意 |
[32:43] | Come on. | -来嘛 |
[32:45] | I got to get back to work. | -我得回去工作了 |
[32:47] | Five minutes. One dance. | -五分钟就好 就跳一支舞 -这里没有音乐 |
[32:48] | – There’s no music. – I’ll hum a little something. | 我可以哼 |
[32:52] | Please, let me go. But you’re too cute. | -放开我 -但你太可爱了 |
[32:53] | – Oy, buddy! – Yeah? | -伙计! -什么事? |
[32:56] | Why don’t you let the nice lady finish her shift? | 你为什么不让 这位心善的女士上完她的班? |
[32:58] | We’re just having a chat. | 我只是在跟她聊天 |
[32:59] | Well, I don’t know what your mama taught you, | 我不知道你妈怎么教你的 |
[33:01] | but you don’t need to use your hands to chat. | 但跟人聊天不需要动手动脚 |
[33:02] | Oh, it was nothing. | 这没什么 |
[33:04] | It’s not nice to touch things that aren’t yours, right? | 碰不属于自己的东西不好 |
[33:08] | Ooh. Italian? | 对吧? 意大利牌子的? |
[33:11] | Very funny. Give me my coat. | 你真逗 把我的外套给我 |
[33:12] | Oh, am I touching something that you don’t want touched? | 你不想让我碰你的衣服? |
[33:14] | – That’s enough. – Do you not like that? | -够了 -你不喜欢? |
[33:16] | You’ve made your point, now give it back. | 我已经明白你的意思了 |
[33:17] | Is it expensive? Looks expensive. | 这衣服贵吗?看起来很贵 |
[33:19] | – Give it back. – Does it look good on me? I just want to see. Oh. | 还给我! |
[33:23] | Oh. Huh. | 我穿着好看吗?我想试试 |
[33:27] | You didn’t have your keys in there, did you? | 你没把钥匙放在里面吧? |
[33:29] | Well, that took a turn. | 真是个神转折 |
[33:33] | How embarrassing. | 太丢脸了 |
[33:37] | Well, she’s not laughing now. | |
[33:51] | Hello there. Susie Myerson, of Susie Myerson and Associates. | 大家好 我是苏西梅尔森事务所的 苏西梅尔森 |
[33:55] | I represent… this woman. | 我是这个女人的代理人 |
[33:57] | Susie, this is Alan Young from NBC Legal, | 苏西 这位是NBC法务部的艾伦杨 |
[34:00] | Barbara Stern, head of Public Relations | 这位是公共关系主管芭芭拉斯特恩 |
[34:02] | and George Toledano, our executive producer. | 这位是我们的执行制片人 乔治托莱达诺 |
[34:04] | Susie is Midge’s manager. | -苏西是米琪的经纪人 |
[34:05] | – You didn’t call a lawyer? – I don’t have a lawyer. | -你没请律师? |
[34:08] | I, have, uh, my card here. | -我没有律师 -这是我的名片 |
[34:10] | Jesus, mildew grows fast. | 天啊 霉菌长得真快 |
[34:12] | Might want to let these dry out before you put ’em away. | 把它收起来之前 可能得先给它除个湿 |
[34:14] | This isn’t a friendly “get to know you,” miss. | 这不是什么友好联谊会 小姐 |
[34:17] | Gordon will be here momentarily. | 戈登马上就到 坐下吧 |
[34:18] | – Have a seat. – Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:22] | What happened? Why are you wet? What’s with the coat? | 发生了什么?你怎么湿哒哒的? 你这外套是怎么回事? |
[34:24] | Long story. I may have fucked up. | 说来话长 我可能搞砸了 |
[34:27] | Well, well, well. Emergency meetings, my favorite. | 哎呀 紧急会议 我的最爱 |
[34:30] | Normally, I’d be furious about | 以往被叫回来我会很生气 |
[34:31] | being called in from a night out, | |
[34:33] | but tonight’s thing was for an animal rescue | 但今晚的活动是为了拯救动物 |
[34:34] | that Hedy loves that I do not, | 赫蒂喜欢 |
[34:36] | so you’re actually rescuing me. | 我不喜欢 所以你们其实是救了我 |
[34:39] | Wow. This ought to be good. | 这是发生了好事? |
[34:40] | It’s not. There was an incident on the boat. | 不是 船上出了事 |
[34:42] | – What boat? – The boat. | -什么船? |
[34:44] | The function with the company. | -就是那艘船 跟那公司搞的聚会 |
[34:46] | I’m sorry, the boat thing still happened? | 游船聚会还是举行了? |
[34:47] | It was already paid for. | 因为费用早就付了 |
[34:48] | – And you were on the boat? – She was. | |
[34:50] | Why were you on the boat? – I wanted to help. | -你也在那船上? -是的 -为什么? -我想帮忙 |
[34:52] | – Have maritime skills, do you? – I was the entertainment. | -你是有航海技能? -我是负责娱乐 |
[34:55] | – You entertained sponsors? – Yes, to help out George. | -你去娱乐赞助商? -是的 给乔治当帮手 |
[34:58] | So, not only did the boat party that I said no to still happen, | 所以不仅我否决的 游船聚会仍然发生了 |
[35:01] | but this is who you sent up in lieu of me? | 而且你派去替代我的是这人? |
[35:03] | A staff writer that gets one joke in every four weeks? | 一个每四周才有一个段子 入选的在职编剧? |
[35:05] | What, was Trudy busy? | 怎么?卓迪很忙是吗? |
[35:06] | Hey, the gig was good. The reps loved it. | 喂 我的演出不错 代表们都很喜欢 |
[35:08] | And her joke average is way up. | 她的段子平均水平进步老多了 |
[35:10] | Yeah, all good gigs end with emergency meetings right after. | 是的 所有好的演出 都以召开紧急会议收场 |
[35:12] | The gig’s not what’s in question. | 演出不是问题所在 |
[35:14] | Why don’t you stop being coy, | 小姐 别不好意思了 |
[35:15] | young lady, and tell Gordon exactly why we’re here? | 快点告诉戈登 我们来这里的确切原因吧 |
[35:18] | Well… | 那个…我被海岸警卫队逮捕了 |
[35:20] | I was arrested by the coast guard. | |
[35:22] | They can arrest people? | 他们可以逮捕人吗? |
[35:23] | Are we free anywhere in this country? | 在这个国家还有没有自由? |
[35:26] | You really should have gone with Trudy. | -你该叫卓迪跟着你去的 |
[35:27] | It wasn’t my fault. | -那不是我的错 |
[35:28] | There was a guy getting way too friendly with a waitress | 有个男的对女服务员友好过头了 |
[35:30] | who wasn’t appreciating it, so I cut in to save her | 所以我插手救她 |
[35:32] | and things just got a little out of hand. | 然后情况就有点失控了 |
[35:35] | That’s not what I heard. He said nothing happened. | 我听说的可不是这样 他说什么都没发生 |
[35:37] | He was merely talking to the girl when this one came over, | 他只是在跟那个姑娘说话 |
[35:39] | assaulted him, | 然后这个人就过来袭击了他 |
[35:40] | and threw his jacket in the goddamn river. | 把他的外套扔进了河里! |
[35:42] | It’s a jacket. He’s probably got a closet full of ’em. | 只是一件外套而已嘛 他的衣橱里可能装满了外套 |
[35:44] | Who was this asshole? | 他是迪迪杜的代表之一 |
[35:45] | He was one of the reps from Diddy Doo. | 他是迪迪杜的代表之一 |
[35:47] | Diddy Doo? The diaper cream? | 迪迪杜?做屁屁霜的? |
[35:49] | They’re gonna sponsor the show? | 他们要赞助这个节目? |
[35:51] | That, George. That’s why. | 看见没 乔治? 这就是我否决的原因 |
[35:53] | Look, people, this isn’t that big a problem. | 各位 这不是什么大问题 |
[35:56] | I mean, what are we looking at here, | 怎样?不就是被小小惩罚一下吗? |
[35:57] | a slap on the wrist, a dry cleaning bill? | 付一下干洗费账单? |
[35:59] | The charges include aggravated assault | 对方的指控包括严重袭击和行为不检 |
[36:01] | and disorderly conduct. | |
[36:02] | Wait, they’re charging her | 他们指控她袭击一个 |
[36:03] | for assaulting a guy who was assaulting somebody else first? | 先袭击了她人的人? |
[36:05] | – There’s more. – More? | -还有别的指控 -别的指控 |
[36:08] | The boat was far enough out from Manhattan that, | 那船离曼哈顿比较远了 |
[36:11] | technically, we were on a stretch of water | 严格地讲 |
[36:13] | that’s considered international. | 我们当时处在一片国际水域 |
[36:15] | What? | 什么? |
[36:17] | So, France may have to weigh in. | 所以法国可能得参与进来 |
[36:18] | France? Like France-France? | 法国?法国那个国家? |
[36:20] | – That’s idiotic. – There’s more. | 这太愚蠢了 -还有别的指控 |
[36:22] | The “more” guy. Continue. | -又来了 继续说 |
[36:24] | Since the guy’s wallet was in his jacket | 由于那人把钱包放在了外套里 |
[36:26] | and there was money in his wallet and on a boat, | 而钱包里有钱 |
[36:27] | money is considered treasure… | 加上在船上钱被视为是宝藏 |
[36:30] | I technically committed an act of piracy. | 从技术上讲我犯了海盗罪 |
[36:32] | Fuck me. You’re a pirate? | 他大爷的 你成了海盗 |
[36:36] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[36:38] | This is so much funnier than saving otters. | 这比拯救水獭可有趣多了 |
[36:40] | Don’t you laugh. And why are you here? | 你别笑!你怎么在这儿? |
[36:43] | Just really fucking lucky, I guess. | 你也太幸运了吧 |
[36:44] | The press was in attendance, photographs taken | 媒体当时在场 拍了照 |
[36:47] | and Barbara’s already received several calls for comment. | 芭芭拉已经接到好几个 请求评论的电话 |
[36:49] | – And whose fault is that, George? – Hers! | -那这是谁的错 乔治? -她的错! |
[36:51] | – No, it’s yours. – Mine? | -不 是你的错 -我的? |
[36:53] | You went through with this thing after I said no. | 在我拒绝之后你依然做了这事 |
[36:55] | Barbara, you’re PR. You should’ve thought this through. | 芭芭拉 你是公关 这事你应该考虑清楚的 |
[36:58] | I was following George’s orders. | 我是听从乔治的命令行事 |
[36:59] | Really? Do we use that excuse anymore? | 是吗?还要用这种借口? |
[37:01] | – Gordon, we’re not… – No, I’ve been here long enough. | -戈登 不要… -我在这里待得够久了 |
[37:04] | My car is waiting. | 我的车在等着 |
[37:05] | George? Not a good week for us, old friend. | 乔治 这周大家过得并不愉快 老朋友 |
[37:07] | You’ll fix all this with legal and PR? | 你会跟法务和公关搞定这事吧? |
[37:09] | Isn’t she fired? | -不把她炒掉吗? -不用 |
[37:10] | No. But I’d hide my wenches and booty from her. | 但我会藏好我的女人和战利品 不让她瞧见 |
[37:13] | – Alan? – We’ll get the charges dropped, Gordon. | 艾伦? 我们会设法让他们撤销指控 |
[37:16] | Good. And, Barbara, | 很好 |
[37:17] | let the press run whatever they’re gonna run tomorrow. | 芭芭拉 明天媒体想咋写都随他们去 |
[37:19] | Let the world know that I’ve got a pirate on my staff. | 让全世界知道我手下有一名海盗 |
[37:25] | This isn’t over. | -这事没完 |
[37:26] | It is. | -已经完了 |
[37:30] | Did you see George’s face? | 你们看到乔治的表情了吗? |
[37:33] | I wasn’t this happy when my kids were born. | 我的孩子们出生时 我都没有这么开心 |
[37:35] | You’re a sick fuck, Mike. | -你真变态 迈克 |
[37:36] | Yeah, okay. | -是的 好了 |
[37:38] | I think I’ll go home and have dinner with my wife for once. | 我现在要回家 和我老婆共进一次晚餐 |
[37:41] | It’s 10:30. – It’s New York City, Susie. | 现在是10点半! 这里是纽约市 |
[37:43] | Don’t be so suburban. | 苏西 别太乡里乡气了 |
[37:47] | They told me I could keep the coat. I didn’t steal the coat. | 他们跟我说外套我可以拿着 不是我偷的 |
[37:50] | So it’s a win-win. Come on, I’ll split a cab with you. | 所以这是双赢 来吧 我和你拼一辆出租车 |
[37:53] | Where’s your ship docked, east or west side? | 你的船停靠在哪里? 东边还是西边? |
[37:55] | – Don’t make me laugh. – Argh. | 别逗我笑 |
[38:06] | Susie Myerson and Associates. Not him. | 苏西梅尔森事务所 不是他 |
[38:09] | – Hang up. – Tell me what he said one more time. | -挂断 -再说一次你是怎么跟他说的 |
[38:11] | He said you were great and he said that he loved you. | 他说你很棒 他非常喜欢你 |
[38:13] | – He said that? – Yes, he said that. | -他真这么说? -是 他是这么说的 |
[38:15] | – So, why hasn’t he called? – He’s going to. | -那他为什么还不打电话来? -他会的 |
[38:17] | Susie Myerson and Associates. | 苏西梅尔森事务所 不是他 |
[38:19] | – Not him. – Hang up. | 挂断 |
[38:21] | He’s gonna call. Trust me. | 他会打来电话的 相信我 |
[38:23] | I got to go walk around the block. | 我得去散下步 |
[38:25] | No, no, don’t go, James. I got a good feeling about this. | 别走 詹姆斯 我有一种很好的预感 |
[38:27] | Good feeling? That’s enough to get me on the subway | “很好的预感”? |
[38:29] | if I find a dime and a nickel. | 这种话我听到太多次了 |
[38:30] | Susie Myerson and Associates. | 苏西梅尔森事务所 |
[38:32] | Is it him? No. | -是他吗? -不是 |
[38:34] | Hang up. | 挂断! |
[38:36] | Do you think we should cancel the tour | 你认为我们应该取消巡演吗? |
[38:38] | – till we find out? – No. | 直到有结果为止? |
[38:39] | – Why not? – ‘Cause there is no tour. I made that up. | -不用 -为什么不用? 因为没有巡演 是我编的 |
[38:42] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[38:44] | “Her name was Diana, but I knew her as DiDi.” | “她叫戴安娜 但我认识她时她叫迪迪” |
[38:46] | Are you doing the scene to yourself again? | 你又在自顾自地 |
[38:47] | Stop doing the scene. Stop it. | 演起那场戏来了?别演了 苏西梅尔森事务所 |
[38:50] | Susie Myerson and Associates. | 是的 |
[38:52] | Yes, sir. Please hold. David Weston | 先生 请稍等 |
[38:55] | – is on line one. – David Weston is on line one. | 大卫韦斯顿在一号线 |
[38:57] | David Weston is on line… | 大卫韦斯顿在… |
[39:01] | Tell him I’ll call him back. | -跟他说我会给他回电话 |
[39:02] | What?! Susie… | -什么?苏西! |
[39:09] | Do it, Ruttles. | 就这么办 |
[39:10] | Mr. Weston, she’s on another call right now. | 韦斯顿先生 她正在接别人的电话 |
[39:13] | Sounds like she’s gonna be a while, | 可能要等一会儿 |
[39:14] | but she will call you back. | 她会给你回电话的 |
[39:15] | Yes, sir, I promise. | 好的 先生 |
[39:17] | Bye, now. | 我保证 再见 |
[39:21] | Susie, can I ask you one question? | 苏西 我可以问你一个问题吗? |
[39:23] | Shoot. | 问吧 |
[39:25] | What are you gonna wear | 我带你去奥斯卡颁奖礼时 |
[39:26] | when I take you to the Oscars? | 你打算穿什么? |
[39:27] | Oh, I’ll be ready for you. | 我会为你准备好的 |
[39:30] | Hey, why don’t you do that scene for me? | 给我演一次那场戏吧 |
[39:32] | Really? | -真的? |
[39:33] | Yeah. Let’s see what all the fuss is about. | -是啊 |
[39:35] | “Her name was Diana, | 我要看看这么折腾到底是为了啥戏 |
[39:38] | but I knew her as DiDi. | “她叫戴安娜 但我认识她时她叫迪迪 |
[39:40] | She was my babysitter. | “她是我的保姆 |
[39:41] | I wanted to marry her, | 我想娶她 |
[39:43] | she wanted me to do my math homework. | “但她想让我做数学作业 |
[39:44] | The only reason I-I became…” | 我之所以成为…” |
[39:45] | You hear about this Susie Myerson? | 听说过苏西梅尔森吗? |
[39:47] | She got her comic cast in Weston’s new picture. | 她旗下一个喜剧演员 |
[39:48] | He never hires unknowns. | 选上了韦斯顿的新电影 |
[39:49] | I heard she got a face-to-face with him, | 他从不雇用无名演员的 |
[39:51] | on his turf. | 我听说她去他的地盘堵过他 |
[39:52] | How’d she get close to him? | -她是怎么靠近他的? |
[39:53] | She surprised him. | -她让他大吃了一惊 |
[39:54] | I heard she took anatomy, | 我听说她学过解剖学 |
[39:55] | then posed as his cardiologist. | 她冒充他的心脏病医生 |
[39:57] | I heard she marched right into his daughter’s wedding. | 听说她冲进了他女儿的婚礼 |
[39:59] | Popped up in the back seat of his car. | 冲进了他的汽车后座上 |
[40:00] | Jumped out of the cake at his birthday party. | 从生日蛋糕里跳了出来 |
[40:02] | In the confessional booth at St. Patrick’s. | 在圣帕特里克教堂的忏悔室里 |
[40:04] | Side by side at the Four Seasons. | 在四季酒店 |
[40:05] | Got to his housekeeper and told her he was her cousin. | 她跟他的管家说他是她的表弟 |
[40:07] | Booked an adjoining room at the Beverly Hilton, | 她在希尔顿订了相邻的客房 |
[40:08] | marched right through the shared door. | |
[40:10] | Took LSD with him and Timothy Leary. | 她跟他和蒂莫西里瑞一起嗑过LSD |
[40:12] | Swam up to him in Palm Springs. | 她在棕榈泉游到了他身边 |
[40:16] | Holy shit. | 见鬼! |
[40:18] | And will you be needing a shirt as well, madame? | 女士 您是否还需要一件衬衫? |
[40:20] | Give me the whole shebang, Jeeves. | 把所有衬衫都拿给我看 管家 帝国 |
[40:37] | Mrs. Maisel. Please. | 梅赛尔太太!可以签名吗? |
[40:38] | – Oh, me? – Mm-hmm. | 我?你确定? |
[40:40] | – You sure? – You say everything I think. | 你说的都是我想说的话 |
[40:42] | A terrifying connection. | 可怕的共鸣 |
[40:45] | – Thank you. – Mm-hmm. | 谢谢你 |
[40:46] | Pardon me, miss, but could I get your autograph as well? | 对不起 小姐 我也可以要你的签名吗? |
[40:48] | Well, as I live and breathe. | 哇 |
[40:51] | I didn’t know you came downtown. | 这是谁啊? 都不知道你来了市中心 |
[40:53] | I try not to, but they sell the best smack | 我想不来的 |
[40:54] | on that corner right over there. | 但有人在那边 那个角落卖最好的白粉 |
[40:56] | – Ah. – Great set, by the way. | -顺便说一句 |
[40:58] | You saw my set? | 表演不错 -你看了我的表演? |
[40:59] | I did. Bought a ticket and everything. | -是的 |
[41:00] | They made you buy a ticket? | 买了票 -他们叫你买票了? |
[41:02] | Ah, I haven’t paid for a ticket in ten years, | 我已经十年没花钱买过票了 |
[41:03] | but I would have, which I think counts for something. | 但我其实愿意买的 我认为这一点挺重要的 |
[41:05] | Oh, well, still, thanks. | 不管怎样 还是要谢谢你 |
[41:08] | So, you hungry? Can I buy you dinner? | 你饿了吗?我可以请你吃饭吗? |
[41:11] | Sure. Why not. | 当然可以 |
[41:13] | There’s a great place just up the block. | 为什么不行? 那边就有一家不错的餐厅 |
[41:17] | I have never seen you out of a suit. | 我从没见过你不穿西装的样子 |
[41:20] | And I was expecting you to be in full pirate regalia. | 我还以为你会身着海盗盛装呢 |
[41:22] | It’s my parrot’s night off. | 今晚海盗休息 |
[41:28] | This isn’t quite where I imagined taking you. | 这不是我预想中 和你一起吃饭的地方 |
[41:31] | No? Too snobby? | 不是?太势利了 |
[41:32] | Too sticky. Can they at least turn off | 是太闷热了 |
[41:35] | a couple of the fluorescent lights? | 也许关掉几个荧光灯会好些? |
[41:36] | Don’t worry, one’ll burn out in a second. | 别担心 有个灯一会儿就会熄灭 |
[41:40] | Lill, a chocolate donut and a coffee | 莉尔!来一个巧克力甜甜圈 和一杯咖啡 |
[41:42] | – will save my life. – Coming up. | 能救我一命 马上就来 |
[41:45] | Hey, Officer Peluso. | 嘿 佩卢索警官! |
[41:47] | Hey, Midge Maisel. I’ll be damned. | 嘿 米琪梅赛尔!真意外啊 |
[41:49] | Nice to see you. Gordon, this is Officer Peluso. | 很高兴见到你 戈登 这是佩卢索警官 |
[41:52] | He’s arrested me a couple times. | 他逮捕过我几次 |
[41:53] | – Really? – Mm. | 是吗? 很高兴认识你 |
[41:55] | – Well, it’s nice to meet you. – Hey, you’re the TV guy. | -你是那个电视主持人 -是的 |
[41:57] | – That’s me. – I almost didn’t recognize you without your suit. | 你没穿西装我差点没认出你 |
[42:00] | – So, how are you doing? – I’m a pirate. | -你好吗? -我是海盗了 |
[42:03] | Terrific. | 了不起! |
[42:04] | Ah, thanks, honey. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[42:06] | Nice meeting you out of uniform. And you, be good. | 很高兴见到你没穿正装的样子 还有你 要好好的 |
[42:10] | You know I won’t. | 你知道我不会的 |
[42:12] | How many times have you been arrested? | -你被逮捕过多少次? |
[42:14] | A lady never tells. | -淑女从不透露这种事 |
[42:16] | So, let’s get down to brass tacks here. | 开始讨论正题吧 |
[42:19] | – You want? – Sure. | -想要吗? -当然 |
[42:20] | Our second date should be someplace nicer than this. | 我们的第二次约会 必须选个比这好的地方 |
[42:23] | – This is not a date. – Oh, you’re telling me. There’s a guy actively dying | 这不是约会 |
[42:26] | in the corner over there. | 还用你说 那边角落里有个人像是快死了 |
[42:28] | Okay then, a better first date. | 那好吧 下一次初次约会得比这次好 |
[42:30] | I’m not going on a date with you. | 我不会和你约会 |
[42:31] | Fine. We’ll just start sleeping together. Personally, | 那我们直接就睡 |
[42:33] | I’ll miss the romance, but, you know, I’ll take what I can get. | 没有浪漫也行 只要我能得到其它我想要的 |
[42:35] | – Gordon. Gordon. – Just once then. | -戈登 -那就睡一次 |
[42:37] | We’ll do it up nice. Penthouse at the Carlyle, | -戈登 -可以选个好地方睡 |
[42:40] | champagne, robes and slippers for after, or during, | 在瑰丽酒店的顶层做 有香槟、长袍和拖鞋 供做完之后用 |
[42:43] | whatever the lady wishes. | 或者做的期间也行 随女士选 |
[42:45] | A kiss? One… | 那就给我一个吻?一个非常棒的吻? |
[42:48] | really terrific kiss? | |
[42:49] | Come on, you got to at least let me redeem myself on that front. | 你至少得给我一个机会 让我挽回颜面 |
[42:52] | I’m a much better kisser off the ice. | 不在冰上的时候我是个接吻高手 |
[42:53] | I’m sure you are, but… | 我相信你是 可是… |
[42:56] | But… | 可是? |
[42:58] | Gordon, if we started a thing… | 戈登 |
[43:00] | Whoa. No one mentioned “a thing.” | 如果我们谈起了恋爱… 没人说要谈恋爱 |
[43:02] | Let me tell you what would happen. | 让我告诉你会发生什么 |
[43:04] | – Someone would find out… – No one would find out. | 有人会发现的 |
[43:06] | Someone would find out. | -没有人会发现 |
[43:07] | Go on. | -有人会发现 |
[43:09] | Then everyone would find out. | -继续说吧 -然后所有人就都会知道 |
[43:10] | And nothing would change for you, | 对你来说什么都不会改变 |
[43:12] | but everything would change for me. | 但对我来说一切都会改变 |
[43:14] | No, it wouldn’t. I wouldn’t let it. | 我不会让这种事发生 |
[43:15] | There’d be snickers | 我在女洗手间时 |
[43:16] | and sideways glances and whispers when I’m in the ladies’ room. | 会有窃笑和窃窃私语 |
[43:20] | You can use my bathroom. It’s a much better bathroom. | 你可以用我的洗手间 比女洗手间还好 |
[43:21] | I’ve got hand towels with my name on them. | 我的毛巾上都印有我的名字 |
[43:23] | And then, suddenly, I’m just “Gordon’s girl.” | 然后突然间 我就成了“戈登的女友” |
[43:25] | Not the girl who scored all those great jokes on your show, | 不再是那个在你的节目中 写出那些精彩段子的女人 |
[43:28] | not the only woman writer on the number-one show in the country, | 不再是本国收视率 第一的节目的唯一女编剧 |
[43:31] | just “Gordon’s girl.” | 而只是“戈登的女友” |
[43:34] | It’s got a nice ring to it, though, the alliteration. | 不过“戈登的女友”的发音 听起来很悦耳 |
[43:37] | All the work I did to prove myself, | 我为证明自己所做的一切 |
[43:39] | gone in a single stroke. | 都会白费 一下子就费了 |
[43:40] | Now, I must interject here. | 等等 |
[43:42] | It absolutely will not be a single stroke. | 你说这个我得插一句 绝对不会是一下子 |
[43:44] | I go to the gym for exactly that reason. | 我为了这 常去健身房锻炼 |
[43:46] | But if I’m being honest, the reason that, | 但老实说 |
[43:48] | in spite of your wit and charm… | 真正的原因是… 尽管你有才智和魅力… |
[43:50] | And face, don’t forget the face. | 还有容貌 别忘了容貌 |
[43:52] | The reason I cannot sleep with you is | 我不能和你睡的真正原因是 |
[43:54] | if I’m sleeping with you and I get on the show… | 如果我上节目… |
[43:56] | – You’re not getting on the show. – Let me finish. | -你不会上节目的 -让我说完 |
[43:58] | If I’m sleeping with you and I get on the show… | -如果我上节目… |
[44:00] | You’re never getting on the show. | -你绝对不会上节目 |
[44:01] | See, you keep harping on the wrong thing here. | 你没明白我想说的重点 |
[44:03] | Zip it. | 把嘴巴缝上 |
[44:05] | If I’m sleeping with you, when I get on the show… | 如果和你发生关系期间我上了节目 |
[44:09] | I’ll never really know if I got on because I deserved it | 我将永远无法知道 我上了节目是因为我有实力 |
[44:12] | or if I got on because I’m sleeping with you. | 还是因为和你睡过 |
[44:15] | I’ve got a great house in Nantucket. | 我在南塔克特有一所很棒的房子 |
[44:18] | I’ve got bicycles. One of them has a basket. | 我有几辆自行车 其中一辆有个篮子 |
[44:21] | You look like a basket girl to me. | 在我看来你像一个提篮子的女孩 |
[44:24] | Had to give it one last shot. | 我总得最后争取一下 |
[44:29] | Can we at least have a dance? | 跳支舞总行吧? |
[44:30] | ♪ But now that the stars are in your eyes ♪ | |
[44:33] | ♪ I’m beginning to see the light… | |
[44:36] | Come on. | 来吧 城市之勺 创意监督 朝思 |
[44:37] | ♪ I never went in for afterglow ♪ | |
[44:40] | ♪ Or candlelight on the mistletoe… | |
[44:45] | ♪ But now when you turn the lamp down low ♪ | |
[44:47] | ♪ I’m beginning to see the light ♪ | |
[44:51] | ♪ Used to ramble through the park ♪ | |
[44:55] | ♪ Shadowboxing in the dark ♪ | |
[44:59] | ♪ Then you came and caused a spark ♪ | |
[45:02] | ♪ That’s a four-alarm fire now ♪ | |
[45:06] | ♪ I never made love by lantern-shine ♪ | |
[45:09] | ♪ I never saw rainbows in my wine ♪ | |
[45:13] | ♪ But now that your lips are burning mine ♪ | |
[45:16] | ♪ I’m beginning to see the light ♪ | |
[45:20] | ♪ Now that your lips are burning mine ♪ | |
[45:23] | ♪ I’m beginning ♪ | |
[45:27] | ♪ To see the light ♪ | |
[45:35] | ♪ When I was just a lad ♪ | |
[45:37] | ♪ Looking for my true vocation ♪ | |
[45:40] | ♪ My father said, “Now, son ♪ | |
[45:42] | ♪ This choice deserves deliberation ♪ | |
[45:45] | ♪ Though you could be a doctor ♪ | |
[45:47] | ♪ Or perhaps a financier ♪ | |
[45:50] | ♪ My boy, why not consider a more challenging career?” ♪ | |
[45:53] | ♪ Hey, ho, ho ♪ | |
[45:56] | – ♪ You’ll cruise to foreign shores ♪ – ♪ [laughs] ♪ | |
[45:57] | – ♪ Sing it, lads ♪ – ♪ And you’ll keep your mind ♪ | |
[46:00] | – ♪ And body sound ♪ – ♪ Show ’em you’ve been practicing ♪ | |
[46:01] | ♪ By working out of doors ♪ | |
[46:03] | ♪ True friendship and adventure ♪ | |
[46:04] | ♪ Are what we can’t live without ♪ | |
[46:06] | ♪ And when you’re a professional pirate ♪ | |
[46:10] | ♪ That’s what the job’s about ♪ | |
[46:12] | ♪ Upstage, lads ♪ | |
[46:14] | ♪ This is my only number ♪ | |
[46:17] | ♪ Now, take Sir Francis Drake ♪ | |
[46:19] | ♪ The Spanish all despise him ♪ | |
[46:21] | ♪ But to the British ♪ | |
[46:23] | ♪ He’s a hero, and they idolize him ♪ | |
[46:27] | ♪ It’s how you look at buccaneers ♪ | |
[46:29] | ♪ That makes them bad or good ♪ | |
[46:31] | ♪ And I see us as members of a noble brotherhood ♪ | |
[46:36] | – ♪ Hey, ho, ho ♪ – ♪ Oh, I love it ♪ | |
[46:38] | – ♪ We’re honorable men ♪ – ♪ ‘Tis poetry in motion ♪ | |
[46:40] | ♪ And before we lose our tempers we will ♪ | |
[46:42] | ♪ Always count to ten ♪ | |
[46:44] | ♪ On occasion, there may be someone ♪ | |
[46:46] | ♪ You have to execute ♪ | |
[46:48] | ♪ But when you’re a professional pirate ♪ | |
[46:52] | ♪ You don’t have to wear a suit ♪ | |
[46:54] | ♪ Hey, ho, ho ♪ | |
[46:56] | ♪ It’s one for all for one ♪ | |
[46:58] | ♪ And we’ll share and share alike with you ♪ | |
[47:01] | ♪ And love you like a son ♪ | |
[47:03] | ♪ We’re gentlemen of fortune ♪ | |
[47:05] | ♪ And that’s what we’re bound to be ♪ | |
[47:06] | ♪ And when you’re a professional pirate ♪ | |
[47:10] | ♪ You’ll be honest, brave, and free ♪ | |
[47:13] | ♪ The soul of decency ♪ | |
[47:15] | ♪ You’ll be loyal and fair and on the square ♪ | |
[47:17] | ♪ And most importantly ♪ | |
[47:19] | ♪ When you’re a professional pirate ♪ | |
[47:22] | ♪ You’re always in the ♪ | |
[47:25] | ♪ Best of company! ♪ |