时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | MENTALIST /’men-t3-list/ noun | 超感者 /’men-t3-list/ 名词 |
[00:04] | Someone who uses mental acuity,hypnosis and/or suggestion. | 特指利用精神敏度 采取催眠和暗示的专家 |
[00:09] | A master manipulator of thoughts and behavior. | 是操控他人思想与行为的大师 |
[00:15] | Leyland University,CA | 加州 Leyland大学 |
[00:19] | -=http://sfile.ydy.com=- proudly presents | |
[00:24] | STUTZER INSITUTE | STUTZER学院 |
[00:26] | VIII Annual Neuriscience Symposium | 第八届年度神经科学研讨会 人脑是浩瀚无边的宇宙 |
[00:26] | The human mind is a vast universe, | 第八届年度神经科学研讨会 人脑是浩瀚无边的宇宙 |
[00:30] | An inner cosmos that we are only now beginning to explore. | 我们现在触及到的只有一小部分 |
[00:35] | Our next speaker is one of the nation’s leading cosmonauts, | 下一位发言人是全美此方面的领军人物 |
[00:40] | A rising star in the field of neuroscience, | 神经科学界的冉冉新星 |
[00:44] | And a prized member of the leyland faculty. | Leyland全体同仁的骄傲 |
[00:48] | I give you alex nelson. | 请大家欢迎Alex Nelson |
[01:02] | No,no,no. Thank you. No. Stop. | 谢谢大家 好了 够了 |
[01:31] | ******Yeah. | CBI Rigsby 好 |
[01:34] | Jane,phone for you. | Jane 有人找你 |
[01:35] | Someone called sophie miller. | 一个叫Sophie Miller的 |
[01:40] | T–uh,t-tell her i’m not here. | 呃 跟她说我不在 |
[01:43] | Okay i’m sorry,ma’am. He’s not available right now. | 抱歉 夫人 他现在没法接电话 |
[01:46] | No,no,no,no. Wait. Wait. | 别 别 别 别 等一下 |
[01:48] | I’ll,uh,put you through. | 我… 帮你接给他 |
[01:53] | Dr. Miller? Yeah,this is patrick. | Miller大夫? 嗯 我是Patrick |
[02:05] | Uh,if someone is murdered on the campus of a state university, it’s ours,isn’t it? | 要是州立大学校园内有凶杀案 归我们管 是不? |
[02:09] | It can be if we muscle out the locals. Why’d you ask? | 如果硬要跟当地警方抢的话 我们可以管 干嘛? |
[02:13] | I need a favor. | 得请你帮我个忙 |
[02:18] | Sophie, alex nelson’s water bottle contained a 10% solution of hydrogen cyanide. | Sophie Alex Nelson喝的水中 含有10%的氰化氢溶液 |
[02:24] | What do you know about that? | 对此你知道些什么? |
[02:25] | I know that hydrogen cyanide is a lethal poison. | 我知道氰化氢是致命毒物 |
[02:28] | Beyond that,nothing at all. | 除此之外 我一无所知 |
[02:30] | Please,call me “miss miller” or “Dr. Miller” or “ma’am.” | 请叫我”Miller小姐” 或者”Miller医生”或是”夫人” |
[02:32] | Not sophie,if you don’t mind. | 别叫我Sophie 你不介意的话 |
[02:34] | You’re not setting the boundaries here. | 这儿不是你说了算 |
[02:37] | You were seen by several witnesses arguing with the victim shortly before his death. | 有人看到就在死者死前 你跟他发生过争执 |
[02:41] | You fled the scene immediately after his death. | 他死后你立即逃离了现场 |
[02:43] | A cunning plan,eh? | 是啊这计划多狡猾啊 |
[02:48] | Since your divorce from the victim two years ago, | 自从你2年前同死者离婚后 |
[02:51] | You’ve been arrested for assaulting him twice and made several death threats against him. | 你因攻击他被捕2次 还给他发过死亡威胁 |
[02:57] | He obtained a restraing order against you. | 他申请了针对你的禁止令 |
[02:58] | And i obtained one against him also. | 我也申请了针对他的禁止令啊 |
[03:01] | Well,that’s all right then. | 那就好 |
[03:06] | It didn’t bother you that alex had remarried, that he found happiness with another woman? | Alex又结婚了 和别的女人过着幸福生活 这是不是让你很不爽? |
[03:10] | Alex and i got past our personal history. | Alex和我之间的都是过去的事了 |
[03:13] | We had to,for the sake of our work together. | 为了工作我们必须既往不咎 |
[03:15] | Ah,yes. You worked together at the,uh, stutzer institute,right? | 对 你们一起在…STUTZER学院工作 是吧? |
[03:21] | Which gave you ready access to the hydrogen cyanide. | 所以你可以搞到氰化氢 |
[03:25] | You know,i had thought, being innocent, that i don’t need a lawyer, | 我本以为自己既然是无辜的 就不需要律师了 |
[03:27] | But i can see that you have some animus against me, | 但现在看来你对我心存敌意 |
[03:30] | So i’ll say nothing more until i have a lawyer present. | 所以 在没有律师在场时 我不会再说什么了 |
[03:37] | What if we take this case, and it turns out she’s guilty? | 要是我们接了这案子 到头来人是她杀的怎么办? |
[03:40] | – She didn’t do it. – How do you know? | – 不是她做的 – 你怎么知道? |
[03:43] | Because she told me she didn’t. She wouldn’t lie to me. | 因为她跟我说不是她做的 她不会骗我的 |
[03:46] | Why not? | 为什么不会? |
[03:47] | – Because she wouldn’t. – Suppose she did. | – 因为她不会 – 假设她骗了你 |
[03:51] | Well,if she is guilty, then we need to catch her and punish her,but she’s not. | 如果她有罪的话 那我们就抓她 判她的刑 但她没杀人 |
[03:56] | Jane,i know i said i wouldn’t ask,but i’m asking. | Jane 我知道我说了我不会过问 但我还是要问 |
[04:00] | Who is this woman? What’s the connection? | 这女人是谁? 跟你什么关系? |
[04:04] | You don’t wanna know. | 你不会想知道的 |
[04:06] | -=http://sfile.ydy.com=- | sync:揣艮艮 |
[04:13] | She’ll talk, but she just needs time. | 她会坦白的 不过还要些时间 |
[04:16] | To do what? | 坦白什么? |
[04:19] | ********** | 我不是说她不值得怀疑 但现在没有充分证据证明是她干的 |
[04:24] | ****** | 我不这么看 |
[04:25] | ******* But the cbi’s lead agency on this. | 可能你说的对 不过现在这案子CBI说了算 |
[04:28] | Yes. | 对 |
[04:29] | Strange,though,that a department of justice unit like cbi is lead agency, | 我只是很奇怪 CBI这种司法部门竟然看得上这案子 |
[04:33] | ‘Cause sophie miller called the d.o.j.switchboard this morning. | 碰巧Sophie Miller今早 给司法部总机打过电话 |
[04:37] | You might almost think that she… | 真让人差点以为她是… |
[04:38] | Chose her own investigators. | 给自己选了案件调查员 |
[04:40] | Leyland is a state university. | Leyland是州立大学 |
[04:41] | We automatically offer our services when local agencies aren’t equipped. | 当地方警局没法处理时 我们会自动接手 |
[04:45] | If sophie miller called the d.o.j.,it’s a coincidence. | 如果Sophie Miller打电话给司法部了 那只是个巧合 |
[04:49] | **** | 打搅一下 先生 |
[04:50] | What is it,drobey? | 是什么 Drobey? |
[04:51] | This was posted up all over leyland campus during the night. | 一夜之间Leyland校园里就贴满了这个 |
[05:00] | “the animal equality league has seen justice served. | “动物平等联盟看到正义得到了伸张” |
[05:03] | “the blood of innocent animals was on nelson’s hands, | “Nelson手上满是无辜动物的鲜血” |
[05:05] | And he has paid the price for his crimes.” | “他为此付出了代价” |
[05:08] | Looks like there’s more suspects now. | 看来又有新的嫌疑人了 |
[05:13] | They want the animal testing at leyland university science department to stop, | 他们希望Leyland大学科学部 停止动物实验 |
[05:17] | Or “the monster stutzer will be next to pay for his genocidal crimes.” | 不然”怪物Stutzer就将成为 为种族灭绝罪行付出代价的第二人” |
[05:21] | Who is stutzer? | Stutzer是谁? |
[05:23] | Lewis stutzer is one of the world’s foremost neuroscientists | Lewis Stutzer是闻名全球的神经科学家 |
[05:27] | And founder of the stutzer institute at the university. | 是本大学Stutzer学院的创始人 |
[05:30] | And,um,what is his connection to the victim,alex nelson? | 那么 他跟死者Alex Nelson什么关系? |
[05:33] | Alex nelson and sophie miller are his colleagues, his seconds in command. | Alex Nelson和Sophie Miller是他同事 他的二把手 |
[05:39] | Please understand that there’s a great deal at stake here for the university. | 请你们理解 这案子 跟我们大学的存亡息息相关 |
[05:44] | The stutzer institute is our lynchpin. | Stutzer学院是我们的门面 |
[05:47] | I came to see you in person to get your firm assurance that this will be handled properly, | 我亲自来找你 是希望你能确保妥善处理此事 |
[05:52] | With speed and discretion and ironclad security for Dr. Stutzer. | 快速谨慎的处理 还要确保Stutzer博士的周全 |
[05:58] | Of course,chancellor stern. You have my absolute assurance. | 当然 Stern校长 我保证我们会妥善处理的 |
[06:01] | I will have a squad of state marshals around Dr. Stutzer within the hour. | 我1小时内就给Stutzer博士 配一队州警 确保他的安全 |
[06:06] | Agent lisbon and her team will handle the murder investigation. | Lisbon探员和她的小组 会来负责处理凶案调查 |
[06:08] | They have the highest clearance rate in the state. | 他们破案率是全州最高的 |
[06:11] | – Good. – Yeah. | – 很好 – 嗯 |
[06:12] | – Thank you. – Sir. | – 谢谢 – 客气 |
[06:19] | What are you,nuts? An animal rights case? | 你搞啥 傻了啊? 动物维权的案子? |
[06:22] | You know what a nightmare they are? | 知道他们有多麻烦吗? |
[06:24] | I know. I know. I’m sorry. | 我知道 知道 对不起 |
[06:25] | I didn’t realize it was an animal rights case until too late. | 我知道是个动物维权的案子时 已经太迟了 |
[06:28] | And at putt,stern is gonna be a pain in the ass. | 你这一迟 Stern就会把我们烦死的 |
[06:32] | You better close this crap quick,lisbon. | 你最好赶紧把这破案子结了 Lisbon |
[06:43] | Hey,thanks for not telling him i made you take the case. | 嘿 多谢你没跟他说 是我叫你接这案子的 |
[06:48] | Lisbon? Hello? | Lisbon? 说话啊? |
[06:52] | Tell me the truth. | 你跟我说实话 |
[06:54] | The truth? Darth vader? Luke’s father. | 实话? 维达? 是卢克他碟 (Jane在扯星战的剧情…) |
[06:59] | Seriously,i’ve stuck my stupid neck out for you for the umpteenth time. | 说真的 我为你担了多少回麻烦了 |
[07:03] | I think i deserve the truth. | 我想我有权知道实情 |
[07:09] | Why is sophie miller so important to you? | 为什么Sophie Miller对你如此重要? |
[07:15] | She was my doctor. | 她是我的医生 |
[07:19] | She’s a psychiatrist. | 她是个心理医生 |
[07:21] | Yes, she was my psychiatrist. | 对 她是我的心理医生 |
[07:23] | But you hate psychiatrists, so you always say. | 但你老说你讨厌心理医生的 |
[07:29] | She was a good psychiatrist. | 她是个很棒的心理医生 |
[07:32] | She must have been if she managed to keep you in the room. | 能让你在房间里老实待着 她肯定挺厉害的 |
[07:36] | It was a locked room. | 我是被锁在房间里的 |
[07:48] | Yeah,i went through a rough patch, i did a little time in a hospital, | 对 我过了段艰难日子 在医院里住了一阵子 |
[07:51] | And sophie helped me through that time. | 是Sophie帮我渡过难关的 |
[07:55] | It’s not on your record. | 你档案里没写 |
[07:56] | No. Believe me. I… | 是没写 相信我 我… |
[07:58] | It s not easy to do. | 做起来可不容易 |
[08:06] | I know there’s nothing shameful about having a breakdown, | 我知道精神崩溃没什么丢人的 |
[08:09] | But i gotta confess, i am ashamed of it. | 但坦白跟你说 我以此为耻 |
[08:16] | Thank you for being so honest with me. | 谢谢你能跟我坦诚相待 |
[08:19] | Sorry i kept it from you. | 抱歉我之前没告诉你 |
[08:28] | – Shall i come back later? – No. | – 我待会儿再来? – 不用 |
[08:40] | Rigsby started in on the campus security tapes. Nothing yet. | Rigsby开始查学校的监控录像了 没查出什么 |
[08:44] | I’ve been tracking this animal equality league. | 我查了这个动物平等联盟 |
[08:46] | They’re all over the internet. | 网上到处都有他们 |
[08:47] | They believe in animal equality, so you know, they’re not very happy. | 他们信奉动物平等 所以 他们很不开心 |
[08:51] | They’ve taken credit for several firebombing attacks on slaughterhouses and animal testing facilities. | 他们对屠宰场和动物实验所 投掷了几次燃烧弹 |
[08:56] | Serious people. | 他们是玩真的 |
[08:57] | I interviewed the staff at the auditorium. | 我给会堂的员工录了口供 |
[08:59] | There’s no security to speak of. | 根本没有安保 |
[09:00] | Anyone present at the symposium could have poisoned his water bottle. | 研讨会上谁都可能给他下毒 |
[09:03] | There are no prints on it but nelson’s. | 上面除了Nelson的指纹没别人了 |
[09:04] | Nobody saw exactly where he got it from. | 没人看到他到底从哪儿拿的水 |
[09:06] | The brand is the same all over campus. | 那种牌子的水满校园都是 |
[09:12] | I’m kerry sheehan, Dr. Stutzer’s teaching assistant. | 我叫Kerry Sheehan Stutzer博士的助教 |
[09:15] | He’s ready to see you now. | 他已经准备好见你们了 |
[09:18] | Did you know alex nelson well? | 你跟Alex Nelson熟吗? |
[09:21] | He was a very good man. He was,uh… | 他是个好人 他… |
[09:25] | He was a,um… | 他是个… |
[09:28] | Yes? He was? | 接着说 他是个? |
[09:31] | He was a good,good man. | 他是个非常非常好的人 |
[09:45] | Dr. Stutzer? | Stutzer博士? |
[09:48] | We’re with the cbi. | 我们是CBI的 |
[09:50] | Yeah. Yes,of course. Come in. | 是 当然了 请进 |
[09:52] | And shut that door,please. Sit down. | 请把门关上 请坐 |
[09:58] | Terrible,terrible business. | 真是太不幸了 |
[10:01] | Alex was a first-rate researcher. Truly first-rate. | Alex是一流的研究员 绝对的一流水平 |
[10:04] | I cannot tell you how much i am going to miss him. | 你们想像不出我会多么怀念他 |
[10:07] | I’m sorry,Dr. Stutzer.We wanted to talk — | 节哀 Stutzer博士 我们想跟您谈谈那些威胁… |
[10:11] | couldn’t have come at a worse time,of course. | 走的真不是时候啊 |
[10:14] | It’s going to set us back months,i’m afraid. Months. | 恐怕这要让我们的研究 停滞几个月 几个月啊 |
[10:16] | What is it you do here exactly, Dr. Stutzer? | 你们这儿究竟研究什么 Stutzer博士? |
[10:19] | Our work here is highly sensitive. | 我们这里的工作都是高度机密的 |
[10:21] | What you tell us regarding your work is completely confidential. | 所有有关研究的资料都会完全保密 |
[10:25] | All cbi agents sign a binding nondisclosure agreement. | 所有的CBI探员都签了保密协议 |
[10:30] | Very well. | 很好 |
[10:31] | I will tell you what we’re doing here. | 那我就告诉你们我们的研究课题 |
[10:35] | We’re curing evil. We’re banishing the devil. | 我们在医治邪恶 驱除恶魔 |
[10:39] | We have identified a section of the brain that governs moral decision making. | 我们已经确认大脑中有一部分 负责进行道德决断的区域 |
[10:46] | It’s a small fold of tissue called the cingulate gyrus here in the medial part of the brain. | 这一小片叫扣带回的折叠组织 位于大脑的中部 |
[10:53] | This is the source of good and evil. | 这里是善良与邪恶的源泉 |
[10:55] | We’ve learned how it works and how to readjust it when it does not work properly. | 我们研究了它的工作机制 学会了如何在它失灵时修复它 |
[11:00] | We’ve created what we call a morality engine. | 我们发明了一种叫做道德引擎的东西 |
[11:05] | A morality engine? | 道德引擎? |
[11:08] | You are skeptical. | 你持怀疑态度 |
[11:11] | Nevertheless,it’s true. | 不管怎样 事实如此 |
[11:12] | We are plumbing the depths of the human soul. | 我们正在度量人类灵魂的深度 |
[11:15] | Do you know what’s down there? Do you know what your soul is made of? | 知道那深度下有什么吗? 知道你的灵魂是什么构成的吗? |
[11:19] | Frogs and snails and puppy dogs’ tails? | 青蛙 蜗牛和小狗尾巴? |
[11:23] | Humor. Good. | 有幽默感 很好 |
[11:27] | Thank you,no. | 不错 不过不是 |
[11:29] | Your soul is electricity. | 你的灵魂是电流 |
[11:31] | The essence of your being is a series of rapid electrical impulses. | 人的存在实质其实是 一系列的快速电磁脉冲 |
[11:37] | Morality is a binary switch system in the brain, | 道德是脑中的二进制开关系统 |
[11:40] | And we are learning how to control that switch system. | 我们在研究如何控制这个开关系统 |
[11:43] | Where do animals come into this? | 那这关动物什么事? |
[11:45] | Well,we aren’t allowed to poke around inside human heads | 在我们进行人体研究之前 |
[11:50] | Until we have done the same things on animals first. | 必须先在动物身上实验 |
[12:05] | This is susie. | 这是Susie |
[12:09] | When she first arrived,she was quite violent, especially over food. | 她刚来的时候 很暴力 尤其是为了抢吃的 |
[12:13] | We recalibrated her anterior cingulate gyrus, | 我们重新调整了她的带状前回 |
[12:16] | And now look what a happy and generous girl she is. | 现在瞧瞧她 是个多么开心又慷慨的小姑娘啊 |
[12:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:34] | Where’d it go? | 哪儿去了? |
[12:51] | Is susie here the extent of your animal testing? | 你们就Susie一个动物实验吗? |
[12:53] | Oh,no. There’s been other chimpanzees before her, rats,mice,pigeons. | 不 她之前还有别的黑猩猩 大鼠 小鼠和鸽子 |
[13:01] | Have you ever been threatened by animal rights activists before now? | 此前你受过动物维权激进组织的威胁吗? |
[13:04] | Yes,of course. | 有过 当然有 |
[13:05] | When one is a prominent scientist, one is sometimes menaced by animal people. | 卓越的科学家们就是会 收到这些动物维权分子的威吓 |
[13:10] | It’s always nonsense. | 从头到尾都荒谬得很 |
[13:12] | In this case,we must assume the threats are very real. | 这次您得那些威胁当真才行 |
[13:15] | The marshals will provide you with full protection, but you’re gonna need to be careful. | 警官会给你提供全方位保护 但你还是得小心点 |
[13:18] | I am not intimidated. | 我可没被吓到 |
[13:22] | The work we are doing here is far too important. | 我们这儿做的研究太重要了 |
[13:25] | That is why i have this. | 所以我备了这个 |
[13:28] | In the long term, | 从长远的眼光看 |
[13:30] | this technology has the potential to eradicate violence from human relations. | 这项技术有根除人类暴行的潜力 |
[13:35] | That is what these animal rights maniacs don’t understand. | 这些动物维权疯子不明白这点 |
[13:38] | We are trying to create a world of peace where everyone is safe. | 我们是在试着创造一个和平世界 人人都能安居其中 |
[13:43] | From monkey attacks? | 抵御猴子的攻击? |
[13:47] | More humor. | 哈 又幽默了 |
[13:52] | Come this way. | 这边来 |
[13:58] | We are well past animal testing… | 我们已经超越了动物实验… |
[14:03] | And into the first stages of testing on humans. | 已经到了人类测试的第一阶段了 |
[14:08] | Question five– you are in a burning building. | 第5题– 一幢房子着火了 |
[14:12] | You can save “a,” ********* | 可以救 “a” 一箱子钱 |
[14:15] | or”b,” A ******** | 或者 “b” 一个无家可归的人 |
[14:18] | Which do you choose? | 你选择哪一个? |
[14:20] | “b.” | |
[14:26] | Forget about the animal equality league. | 不说动物平等联盟了 |
[14:28] | Weshould firebomb the place. The guy’s gonna put us out of a job. | 咱们都应该朝这地方扔燃烧弹 这家伙会让咱们都失业 |
[14:31] | I can’t see it. Human beings are more than just electrical appliances. | 我不这么觉得 人类可比电子仪器要复杂 |
[14:34] | Patrick. | |
[14:37] | Dr. Miller. Sophie. | Miller医生 Sophie |
[14:46] | Uh,this is,uh,agent lisbon. | 呃 这是 呃 Lisbon探员 |
[14:49] | Hello. | 你好 |
[14:54] | – I’m gonna wait in the car. – All right. | – 我在车里等 – 好的 |
[14:59] | Thanks for getting me out. | 谢谢你把我弄出来 |
[15:01] | Oh,it wasn’t me. It was the animal equality league that sprung you. | 哦 不是我 是动物平等联盟使你被释放了 |
[15:05] | It’s the thought that counts. | 有这心意就好 |
[15:08] | – How have you been doing? – Good. Very good. | – 最近怎么样? – 不错 很好 |
[15:12] | – You? – I’ve had my issues. | – 你呢? – 我有我的问题 |
[15:15] | Well,i… | 我… |
[15:17] | I don’t know why that should surprise me. | 我不知道这怎么会让我惊讶 |
[15:19] | I suppose most patients assume their doctors have no problems themselves. | 我想大多数病人都假设 他们的医生自己是没有问题的 |
[15:24] | Well,who’d consult a sick doctor? | 毕竟谁会找有病的医生? |
[15:28] | It’s one of the reasons i left clinical practice and went into pure research. | 这是我不再做临床诊治 纯粹只搞科学研究的原因之一 |
[15:32] | What are they exactly, your issues? | 你的问题 到底是什么? |
[15:35] | I mean,what’s the story with you and alex nelson? | 你和Alex Nelson之间到底怎么回事? |
[15:37] | Assault? Restraining orders? | 人身伤害? 禁止令? |
[15:40] | What can i say?I’m just drawn to controlling | 我能说什么呢? 我就是容易被这种人吸引 控制狂 |
[15:43] | but damaged and emotionally unavailable men. | 伤痕累累 无法付出感情的男人 |
[15:50] | – You and alex made a truce? – Yeah. | – 你和Alex协议休战了? – 是的 |
[15:53] | But you were arguing just before he died. | 但是他死前不久你们还争论过 |
[15:57] | About work. Is this an interrogation? | 工作上的事 这是审讯吗? |
[15:59] | No,no. I’m s–i’m sorry. | 不 不 对… 对不起 |
[16:01] | I was just wondering about the logic of it all. | 我只是奇怪这里面的逻辑 |
[16:04] | What logic? | 什么逻辑? |
[16:06] | Oh,you saved my life. I owe you. | 你救了我的命 我欠你的 |
[16:07] | I would do anything to repay that debt. You know that,right? | 我会做任何事来报答你 你是知道的 对吗? |
[16:12] | But you’re innocent, so why do you need my help? | 但如果你是无辜的 你又为什么要找我帮忙? |
[16:16] | Why am i here? | 我来这做什么? |
[16:19] | Maybe i just wanted to see you again. | 也许我只是想再见到你 |
[16:24] | Now i have. | 现在我见到了 |
[16:29] | Good-bye,patrick. | 再见 Patrick |
[16:42] | Patrick, my name is sophie miller. | Patrick 我是Sophie Miller |
[16:45] | I’m gonna help you get better. | 我会帮你好起来 |
[17:03] | I got a partial plate, which gets us a list of about 2,000 vehicles. | 我查到了部分车牌号码 有至少2000辆车和它相符 |
[17:07] | Take a look at the back window. | 看那后窗 |
[17:10] | It looks like a cat or a dog. | 好像是只猫还是狗的 |
[17:12] | It’s a bear. The northwestern oregon state bear. | 是熊 西北俄勒冈熊 |
[17:15] | So van pelt cross-referenced that vehicle list with alumni of northwestern oregon state… | 于是Van Pelt就查了这些车里 来自西北俄勒冈州的校友 |
[17:19] | Which gets us five names– all clean,no criminal records, | 查出5个名字 都没有犯罪记录 |
[17:22] | No animal rights activism, all living quietly in oregon. | 都不是动物维权激进分子 都平静地住在俄勒冈州 |
[17:25] | But one guy sold his van six months ago to a company based in sacramento. | 但有个人6个月前把他的货车 卖给了萨克拉门多的一个公司 |
[17:30] | A,uh… | 一个… |
[17:32] | Company with no apparent business and no registered employees | 一个没生意 没登记员工的公司 |
[17:35] | based out of one of those warehouses by the river. | 办事处就设在河边的一个仓库里 |
[17:38] | Nice work. | 干得好 |
[17:43] | We’ve been monitoring the building closely. | 近距离监视了这栋楼 |
[17:45] | So far,nobody’s gone in or come out. | 目前为止 没有人进出 |
[17:46] | We don’t know how many people are in there. | 我们不知道里面有多少人 |
[17:48] | This could get nasty. | 可能会有场混战 |
[18:31] | Police!Freeze! Let me see your hands! | 警察!不许动! 把手举起来! |
[18:45] | Yeah,i killed nelson. He had it coming. | 是的 我杀了Nelson 他自找的 |
[18:47] | And i’m gonna kill stutzer, too, for what he’s doing to the animals. | 我还要杀了Stutzer 就凭他对动物做的那些事 |
[18:50] | He’s got it coming. | 他咎由自取 |
[18:52] | What’s he doing to the animals? | 他对动物做了什么? |
[18:54] | Hey,can i go now? I gotta feed the cats. | 我可以走了吗? 我要去喂那些猫 |
[18:57] | They get hungry,you know, and th get mad, | 他们会饿 饿了就发飙 |
[19:01] | and they pee on my computer keyboard, | 然后在我的键盘上撒尿 |
[19:03] | And it really screws up my work. | 然后就会搞坏我电脑里的东西 |
[19:05] | We won’t keep you here any longer than we need to. | 我们不会没有必要地扣留你 |
[19:07] | Now this animal equality league–tell me about it. | 这个动物平等联盟 跟我谈谈它 |
[19:10] | It’s a league of people who believe that animals should be equal to humans. | 这个联盟的参与者们相信 动物和人是平等 |
[19:15] | I’m chair of the league’s supreme council. | 我是联盟最高委员会的主席 |
[19:17] | He’s crazy. | 他是个疯子 |
[19:19] | Yeah,crazy don’t make him innocent. | 是啊 疯子不代表他无辜 |
[19:21] | Crazy’s what makes people kill other people. | 疯狂使人互相残杀 |
[19:26] | How did you kill nelson? | 你怎么杀Nelson的? |
[19:27] | Poison. | 毒药 |
[19:28] | What kind of poison did you use? | 你用的什么毒药? |
[19:30] | Wouldn’t you like to know? | 你真想知道? |
[19:31] | I do know. I’m wondering if you do. | 我知道 我怀疑你不知道 |
[19:33] | Do you realize that the real rulers of this planet are insects? | 你知道吗 这个星球的真正统治者是昆虫? |
[19:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:42] | Crazy innocent,probably. | 疯狂却无辜 很可能 |
[19:49] | Okay. Yeah. | 好的 好 |
[19:51] | Keep him locked up until forensics have swept his stuff, just in case. | 关着他 直到鉴证科 验过了他的东西 以防万一 |
[19:55] | Call mental health services. Have them take a look at him. | 找精神病院的给他看看 |
[19:58] | Looks like the animal rights angle’s a dead end. | 看来动物维权这条线是死路一条了 |
[20:01] | – Back to square one. – The grieving widow? | – 回到原点啦 – 悲痛的寡妇? |
[20:04] | – That’s always a good place to start. – Yes,i think so. | – 总是个不错的切入点 – 我也这么认为 |
[20:06] | ******** | 葬礼的鲜花? 我不知道 追悼会应该需要多少鲜花 |
[20:10] | Is three arrangements too few? | 三套太少了? |
[20:13] | Well, how much do lies cost? | 百合要多少钱? |
[20:17] | Maybe you should just speak to chancellor stern. He might have a better idea. | 也许你该和Stern校长谈谈 他或许有更好的主意 |
[20:24] | I’m sorry. Death is so complicated. | 很抱歉 葬礼的事真复杂 |
[20:27] | I’m expected to answer all these questions about everything. | 我要回答所有这些问题 |
[20:30] | – Mrs. Nelson,i just– – please call me emily. | – Nelson太太 我只是… – 叫我Emily就行 |
[20:32] | I never really got the hang of being called “nelson.” | 我从没真正习惯被叫做Nelson |
[20:35] | Can we sit? | 咱们坐下来说行吗? |
[20:42] | I was just getting the hang of being a newlywed, and now i’m a widow. | 我才摸清做新嫁娘的门道 现在就又成了寡妇 |
[20:46] | Did you ever get any sense that there was anything wrong in any aspect of alex’s life? | 你有没有感觉到 Alex的生活出了什么问题吗? |
[20:51] | No,i don’t think so. | 不 没觉得 |
[20:53] | I mean,work had been really hard lately. I know that. | 最近他工作很辛苦 我知道这个 |
[20:56] | Is that you? | 这是你吗? |
[21:00] | Yes,that’s when alex and i first met. | 是的 是Alex和我刚相遇的时候 |
[21:03] | Cute picture. | 可爱的照片 |
[21:05] | Why was work so hard? | 工作为什么会那么困难? |
[21:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:09] | When alex would talk about his work, i couldn’t understand a word, | 当Alex谈他的工作的时候 我一个字也听不懂 |
[21:11] | And he just stopped trying after a while. | 于是他慢慢地也就不谈了 |
[21:15] | But he had an argument on the phone a few weeks ago. | 但是几个礼拜前 他曾在电话上和人争吵 |
[21:19] | Alex went into his office, and i could hear him shouting. | 他走进书房 我可以听到他在吼叫 |
[21:22] | He was so angry. He never shouts. | 他非常愤怒 他从来不吼人的 |
[21:25] | Any idea who he was shouting at? | 知道他在吼谁吗? |
[21:26] | I know it was a woman. | 我知道是个女人 |
[21:29] | Rosie, i think he called her. | 我想他叫她Rosie |
[21:31] | Rosie. Do you know anybody named rosie? | Rosie 你认识叫Rosie的吗? |
[21:36] | No. | 不认识 |
[21:37] | Did you ever ask him about the phone call? | 你问他关于那电话的事了吗? |
[21:38] | I did. He said it was a work thing. | 我问了 他说是工作上的事 |
[21:40] | – And you believed him? – Yeah. | – 你相信他的话? – 是的 |
[21:42] | You didn’t suspect that there was another woman involved? | 你就没怀疑有别的女人牵涉其中? |
[21:46] | No. | 没有 |
[21:47] | Sorry. I have to ask such things. Sorry. | 对不起 这种问题我非问不可 对不起 |
[21:51] | You have a beautiful house. Beautiful. Did you do the decorating? | 你的房子很漂亮 很漂亮 是你搞的装修? |
[21:55] | No,it’s all alex. | 不 都是Alex弄的 |
[21:57] | He was teaching me. He had an aesthetic. | 他在教我 他的眼光独到 |
[22:03] | It keeps doing that every five minutes. | 每隔五分钟就响一次 |
[22:08] | What am i gonna do? | 我该怎么做啊? |
[22:13] | When this funeral stuff is done with and alex is buried, | 当葬礼事宜结束了 也安葬了Alex |
[22:17] | I want you to go someplace beautiful. | 我希望你去某个风景宜人的地方 |
[22:19] | Just get on a plane. | 跳上飞机 |
[22:20] | Don’t tell anyone where you’re going. Just go. | 别告诉任何人你要去哪 直接去就是了 |
[22:22] | Fly away and start building a new life for yourself. | 离开 开始你自己的新生活 |
[22:27] | – Okay. | – Okay. – 好的 – 好 |
[22:27] | But you promise me you will fight hard against your weakness for control freaks. | 但你要保证你会努力弥补 你容易听命于控制狂的缺陷 |
[22:32] | – Okay. – Good. Good. | – 好 – 好极了 好极了 |
[22:37] | – I’m sorry. – No. | – 对不起 – 没关系 |
[22:41] | She couldn’t kill anyone unless they told her to in a firm voice. | 她不会杀人 除非别人强硬命令她 |
[22:44] | That’s funny. | 有趣 |
[22:45] | “don’t listen to control freaks.” “whatever you say,sir.” | “别听控制狂的” “都听你的 先生” |
[22:48] | let’s go see stutzer’s assistant. | 咱们去见见Stutzer的助手 |
[22:51] | Kerry sheehan? What,you think she’s the mysterious rosie? | Kerry Sheehan? 怎么 你认为她是那个神秘的Rosie? |
[22:54] | The widow’s not a true blonde. She’s naturally dark. | 那寡妇不是真的金发 她原来是深色头发 |
[22:56] | – Is that you? – Yes. That’s when alex and i first met. | – 是你吗? – 是的 那时我和Alex刚认识 |
[22:59] | And what? | 然后呢? |
[23:01] | And her hair is colored and styled to look like sophie– | 她的头发染了色 使她看上去更像sophie– |
[23:03] | Only younger–who was a brunet when i knew her. | 只不过更年轻– 而我认识Sophie时她也是褐发 |
[23:06] | So nelson was a control freak, like you said. | 就像你说的 Nelson是个控制狂 |
[23:08] | A control freak with a serious thing for getting his women to dye their hair blond. | 一个非要他的女人 把头发染成金色的控制狂 |
[23:12] | Kerry sheehan has roots. | Kerry Sheehan的发根也是深色 |
[23:14] | Yes,she does. | 是的 没错 |
[23:15] | – She and alex nelson were having an affair. – Bravo. | – 她和Alex Nelson有外遇 – 反应挺快的啊! |
[23:18] | Don’t patronize me. | 别瞧不起我 |
[23:27] | Miss sheehan? Kerry? | Sheehan小姐? Kerry? |
[23:32] | It’s teresa lisbon. | 我是Teresa Lisbon |
[23:34] | We want to talk to you about alex nelson. | 我们想跟你谈谈Alex Nelson |
[23:43] | I need e.m.t.s at 9-6-5 elm. | 我需要救护车 到965号榆树街 |
[23:50] | He was good,good man. | 他是个很好很好的人 |
[23:55] | Tell them not to run the lights. | 叫他们不用急着赶过来了 |
[24:01] | FORGIVE ME | 原谅我 |
[24:03] | ********* | 看上去像是自杀 |
[24:13] | Is it what it looks like, you think? | 你觉得就是看上去这么回事吗? |
[24:15] | Yeah. How pink she was? That’s cyanide. | 是的 她身上那种粉红色 是氰化物 |
[24:17] | it causes high blood-oxygen saturation. | 造成血液的氧饱和度过高 |
[24:19] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:22] | Look at this,boss. | 头儿 看这个 |
[24:24] | I found these in the garbage upstairs. | 我在楼上垃圾桶里找到的 |
[24:29] | That’s alex with the victim. | Alex和死者在一起 |
[24:35] | It’s not a tidy end to this sad saga, but it is an end,at least. | 这场悲剧的结局不算体面 但至少结束了 |
[24:41] | Thank you for all your hard work. | 感谢你们的辛勤工作 |
[24:43] | We’re not done here, i’m afraid. | 恐怕这事还没完 |
[24:45] | If kerry sheehan was a suicide, that doesn’t make her guilty of alex’s murder. | 即使Kerry Sheehan是自杀 也不表明是她杀了Alex |
[24:49] | Ifshe’s a suicide? | 即使她是自杀? |
[24:56] | The note’s too brief for a woman. | 这遗书太短了不像出于女人之手 |
[24:57] | Women like to explain themselves. | 女人喜欢诠释她们自己 |
[24:59] | I think it’s a staged suicide. | 我认为这是伪造的自杀 |
[25:01] | Perhaps she was too ashamed of what she’d done to talk of it. | 或许她对她做的事羞于启齿 |
[25:03] | She had enough pills to kill herself ten times over. | 她有足以杀死她10次以上的药丸 |
[25:06] | And hoarding pills is characteristic of the suicidal type | 囤积药片是易自杀型的特征 |
[25:08] | yes,But why would she kill herself with the hydrogen cyanide, with terrible pain, | 是 但她为什么要用引发剧痛的氰化氢 |
[25:12] | When she’d collected pills that would let her slip away gently? | 她明明有一堆能毫无痛苦了解自己的药 |
[25:14] | Well, maybe she wanted the pain. | 也许她就是要感受疼痛 |
[25:16] | She need the pain to punish herself for killing her lover. | 她要用疼痛来惩罚自己 因为她杀了自己的情人 |
[25:19] | You really want this case to be over,don’t you? | 你很想尽快结案 是不是? |
[25:22] | Don’t you? | 你不想吗? |
[25:22] | Actually,no. I want to find out the truth. | 事实上 不想 我想找出真相 |
[25:24] | And if kerry didn’t kill herself,then– | 如果Kerry没有自杀 那么– |
[25:26] | the widow had a motive. | 寡妇有动机 |
[25:27] | Yeah,but not the temperament. | 是的 但没有冲动的个性 |
[25:29] | There’s no way she’s a killer. | 她不可能是凶手 |
[25:31] | That leaves one obvious suspect. | 那就只有一个明显的嫌犯 |
[25:35] | Sophie. | |
[25:37] | Look at her record. | 看看她的记录 |
[25:38] | She and alex were violently obsessed with each other. | 她和Alex曾病态地迷恋着对方 |
[25:41] | Maybe they were still secretly involved. | 没准他们仍在暗地里交往 |
[25:43] | Maybe she was jealous of kerry. | 也许她是吃Kerry的醋 |
[25:45] | Yeah,but why kill kerry and leave emily unharmed? | 是啊 可为什么杀了Kerry 而没伤害Emily呢? |
[25:47] | And how did she even know kerry was sleeping with alex? | 她又怎么会知道Kerry和ALex上床? |
[25:48] | Let’s go ask her. | 我们去问问她 |
[25:58] | Let’s keep it casual to start with sophie. Let her relax. | 我们先和Sophia兜兜圈子 让她放松 |
[26:01] | If she gets her guard up, we’ll get nothing from her. | 如果她有所防备 我们从她身上就什么都问不到了 |
[26:03] | You’re very combative all the sudden. | 你突然变得斗志昂然了啊 |
[26:06] | No,if she is guilty, she lied to me, and i believed it. | 不 如果她有罪 她就骗了我 我还相信她了 |
[26:09] | She fooled me. | 她耍了我 |
[26:11] | – The ultimate sin. – Yes,it is. | – 终极罪恶 – 是的 没错 |
[26:16] | You’re adrift in a lifeboat. | 你漂浮在一艘救生艇上 |
[26:18] | You can save ten small children by pushing one 60-year-old man out of the boat. | 如果你把一位60岁的老人推下船 就能救下10个小孩儿 |
[26:23] | – Yes or no? – No. | – 你做不做? – 不做 |
[26:27] | You’re adrift in a lifeboat. | 你漂浮在一艘救生艇上 |
[26:29] | You can save ten small children by failing to help one 60-year-old man out of the water and into the boat. | 如果只要不去救助一个60岁的老人 你就能救下10个小孩 |
[26:34] | Yes or no? | 你做不做? |
[26:37] | Yes. | 做 |
[26:39] | That’s it. If you could just wait for greg to release you from the chair, you can go. | 好了 坐着等Greg放你走吧 |
[26:42] | And thank you very much for your help. | 非常感谢你帮忙 |
[26:45] | Really,both dilemmas are exactly the same– one life for ten– | 说真的 两种困境完全一样 一命换十命 |
[26:50] | But almost everyone answers the set of questions the same way. | 可几乎每个人都会 以同样的方式回答这系列问题 |
[26:53] | It’s the most basic human morality– the value we place on a human life | 这是最基本的道德– 我们看待人生命的价值 |
[26:56] | And when we’re willing to sacrifice it. | 以及何时我们愿意牺牲生命 |
[26:58] | But watch now. | 可现在看好了 |
[26:59] | If i run a current of electricity through this part of the brain, | 如果我对大脑的这部分施加一股电流 |
[27:02] | I can provoke a response that totally bypasses any conscious thought. | 就可以激起一种 完全绕过意识的反应 |
[27:06] | I can manipulate the subject’s moral reasoning towards good, | 我可以操控被试的道德推理 向善良的方向发展 |
[27:10] | And if i want,the reverse, toward evil. | 如果我想 相反的 也可以朝邪恶的方向发展 |
[27:13] | Now you know, obviously there are complex ethical issues involved. | 现在你知道了 显然这牵扯到 很复杂的伦理问题 |
[27:18] | So we’ve recalibrated the test subjects just enough to prove our findings, | 所以我们重新调整了测试主题 只需要足以证明我们的发现就够了 |
[27:22] | Because we don’t want to get too far ahead of public sentiment. | 因为我们不想太激起公众反感 |
[27:25] | Theoretically, this way,villains… | 理论上 往这边 就是奸佞之人… |
[27:28] | And this way,saints. | 往这边就是圣人 |
[27:33] | Yes,in simple terms. | 是啊 简单说来就这么回事 |
[27:35] | I must have a try. | 我一定得试试 |
[27:37] | You gotta let me have a try. | 你得让我试一次 |
[27:39] | Really? As test subject or controller? | 真的吗? 做被试还是操控者? |
[27:42] | Controllers? You–you call them controllers? That’s brilliant. | 操控者? 你–你叫他们操控者? 太妙了 |
[27:45] | Uh,i’ll do either. I’d like to do both. | 呃 我每个都要做 我两个都想做 |
[27:47] | Really? I’m so glad that we’ve amused you. | 真的? 我很高兴我们的实验 激起你的兴趣了 |
[27:50] | – Dr. Miller? – Yes? | – Miller医生? – 什么事? |
[27:52] | I assume you’ve heard about kerry sheehan’s death. | 我想你已经听说 Kerry Sheehan死了吧 |
[27:55] | Yes,it’s tragic. | 是啊 真是悲剧 |
[27:57] | Do you think that she killed alex? | 你们认为是她杀了Alex吗? |
[27:59] | Is there somewhere we can talk in private? | 这里有我们可以私下谈谈的地方吗? |
[28:01] | Sounds so ominous. | 来势不妙啊 |
[28:03] | We could do itowntown with lawyers present, | 我们可以当着律师的面去局里谈 |
[28:05] | But i thought it’d be more congenial to talk here. | 可我觉得在这儿谈更方便 |
[28:08] | You’re right, and i’m happy to talk to you, | 你说的对 我很乐意和你谈 |
[28:10] | ‘Cause i understand you’re just trying to do your job. | 我明白你只是做你份内的事 |
[28:13] | We were wondering, did you know kerry and alex were having an affair? | 我们在想 你知道Kerry和Alex有婚外情吗? |
[28:17] | Well,i knew she was having an affair with a married man because she told me. | 我知道她和一个已婚男人 有婚外情 因为她告诉过我 |
[28:20] | I didn’t know it was alex. I didn’t put it together. | 我不知道是Alex 我没想太多 |
[28:22] | She told you that. You were close,then? | 她和你说了 那你们很亲密喽? |
[28:24] | No,not really. | 不 也不算 |
[28:27] | She had to have known you were alex’s ex. | 她肯定知道你是Alex的前妻 |
[28:29] | Why would she talk to you, of all people? | 为什么她偏偏挑中你倾诉? |
[28:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[28:35] | You’re a psychiatrist. Give it a shot. | 你是心理医生 猜猜看 |
[28:37] | My guess is that she was a silly little girl who liked the secret drama of it all | 我猜她是一个傻乎乎的 喜欢秘密激情的小女生 |
[28:43] | And the safety of the rules that would prevent me from slapping her senseless, if i’d found out. | 而且我这种身份 万一发现了真相 也不可能下手扇她耳光 |
[28:47] | Why would you slap her for that? | 你为什么可能为此扇她耳光? |
[28:49] | You didn’t care about alex anymore. | 你已经不在乎Alex了 |
[28:51] | I cared nothing at all for him, but i don’t like being played with. | 我是一点也不在乎他 可我不想被玩弄 |
[28:55] | Were you still involved in a physical relationship with him? | 你和他还有性关系吗? |
[28:58] | No. | 没有 |
[28:59] | Who’s rosie? | 谁是Rosie? |
[29:01] | rosie.I can’t say that i know anybody with that name. | Rosie 我不认识有叫这个名字的人 |
[29:06] | – Are you sure? – Yes. | – 你确定? – 是的 |
[29:07] | Why? Was that alex’s other woman? | 怎么? 是Alex的另一个女人吗? |
[29:10] | Emily heard alex arguing with a woman she thought was called rosie. | Emily听见Alex和一个 她认为叫Rosie的女人争论过 |
[29:17] | Lisbon,would you leave us alone for a moment? | Lisbon 你能让我俩单独待会吗? |
[29:21] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[29:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:29] | What? | 怎么? |
[29:32] | I know you’re feeling powerless right now, but you’re in control. | 我知道你现在感觉无能为力 可你并没有失控 |
[29:36] | You have a choice. | 你有选择 |
[29:37] | You can choose to let evil defeat you, or you can fight back. | 你可以选择让恶魔击败你 也可以反击 |
[29:41] | You can fight, or you can give up and die. | 你可以反击 也可以投降然后死去 |
[29:44] | It’s your choice. | 是你的选择 |
[29:48] | I asked lisbon to leave us because you… | 我让Lisbon走是因为你… |
[29:51] | Gave me my life back, and i owe you the chance to do the right thing. | 你救了我的命 我欠你一个机会 做你真正该做的 |
[29:56] | Which is? | 是什么? |
[29:57] | Tell me the truth. | 说真话 |
[29:59] | I told you i don’t know anybody with that name. | 我和你说了 我不认识叫那个名字的人 |
[30:01] | What about a monkey? | 那猴子呢? |
[30:02] | Did you know a monkey with that name? | 你认识叫那名字的猴子吗? |
[30:09] | – Yes. – ‘Cause that’s… Rosie… | – 是的 – 那是… Rosie… |
[30:13] | – In there,isn’t it? – Yes. | – 笼子里的 是不是? – 是的 |
[30:16] | You switched her with susie because susie never did get gentle,did she? | 你用她换了Susie 因为Susie根本没有变温柔 是不是? |
[30:20] | No. | 是的 |
[30:21] | The morality engine doesn’t work,does it? It’s all phooey. | 道德引擎根本没起作用 是吗? 这全都是假的 |
[30:24] | And–and this guy– professor lewis stutzer– he’s the wizard of oz. | 还有–还有这个家伙– Lewis Stutzer教授–他可真是无中生有 |
[30:27] | No. We arethis close. | 不 我们就差这一点 |
[30:31] | We are this close to cracking this. | 我们就差这一点就成功了 |
[30:32] | We’re on the edge of– of a revolutionary break– | 我们在革命性的突破的– 边缘上– |
[30:34] | “on the edge”?Sophie. | “边缘上”? Sophie |
[30:36] | This building, this institute, this whole multimillion dollar project is based on a sham. | 这个大楼 这个研究所 这个几百万美元的项目就是个骗局 |
[30:41] | Yes or no? | 对还是不对? |
[30:44] | Yes. It’s a sham. | 对 这是个骗局 |
[30:48] | We’ve been falsifying data for almost a year now | 我们已经伪造数据差不多一年了 |
[30:51] | to make it look like it works, but it doesn’t. | 让它看上去有效果 可是没有 |
[30:56] | Why lie about it? It’s–it was… Bound to be discovered. | 为什么要说谎? 这–这 … 肯定会被发现的 |
[31:03] | Pride, delusion,greed. | 虚荣 幻想 贪婪 |
[31:07] | You have to understand. Lewis stutzer is a genius. | 你得理解 Lewis Stutzer是个天才 |
[31:12] | This project is the culmination of his life’s work. | 这个项目是他一生工作的顶峰 |
[31:15] | I so desperately wanted it to work. | 我无比渴望这研究能成功 |
[31:18] | We all did. | 我们都是 |
[31:22] | And we began to believe the lies that we were telling. | 然后我们开始相信我们所说的谎言 |
[31:24] | And alex threatened to expose the whole thing. | 接着Alex威胁要让整件事曝光 |
[31:27] | He was going to at the symposium that morning. He was gonna confess. | 他那天上午要参加那个研讨会 他打算坦白 |
[31:30] | I begged him. I begged him not to. | 我求他 我求他不要 |
[31:32] | It’d be the end of our careers. | 那会是我们职业生涯的终点 |
[31:33] | It’d be the end ofeverything. | 那会是一切的终点 |
[31:36] | So you killed him and kerry to cover this whole thing up. | 所以你就杀了他和Kerry 来掩盖整件事 |
[31:40] | Patrick. Look at me. | Patrick 看着我 |
[31:43] | I had nothing to do with the deaths. | 我和他们的死无关 |
[31:47] | – I promise. – Who was it? | – 我保证 – 那是谁? |
[31:51] | Stutzer? | |
[31:52] | I-i don’t–i don’t know. | 我-我不–我不知道 |
[31:55] | You knew they were both killed to cover this thing up, | 你知道他们俩被杀 是为了掩盖这件事 |
[31:57] | and yet you didn’t say a word to me. | 可你根本一点实情都没告诉我 |
[32:03] | That’s why you asked me to help you,isn’t it? | 所以你才找我帮忙 是不是? |
[32:05] | Because you thought you could push my buttons. | 因为你认为你可以摆布我 |
[32:07] | You thought you could manipulate me into exonerating you. | 你认为你可以操控我 证明你无罪 |
[32:12] | Sophie,look at me. | Sophie 看着我 |
[32:14] | I don’t care about the fraud, but if you had anything to do with those murders– | 我不在乎这个骗局 可如果你和这些谋杀有关– |
[32:18] | If you had anything at all to do with those murders– | 如果你和这些谋杀有一点点关系– |
[32:23] | now is the time to walk away. | 现在是时候跑路了 |
[32:25] | Walk away and get on a plane to brazil. | 离开这里 搭上去巴西的飞机 |
[32:28] | Patrick. | |
[32:46] | Thank you,doctor. | 谢谢你医生 |
[32:50] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[32:51] | Good-bye,patrick. Be well. | 再见 Patrick 要好起来哦 |
[33:02] | I had nothing to do with the murders. | 我和这些谋杀无关 |
[33:12] | No,no,no,no,no. I-i don’t like the sound of that at all. | 不 不 不 不 不 我-我一点也不喜欢这主意 |
[33:16] | That’s a crazy idea. | 那是个疯狂的想法 |
[33:19] | Yeah. Absolutely. All right. Will do,boss. Thanks. | 是啊 当然 好吧 会的 老大 谢谢 |
[33:25] | He said,uh,go ahead. Fine. | 他说 呃 放手做吧 没事 |
[33:29] | Loves the idea. | 爱死这个主意了 |
[33:33] | Professor stutzer. | Stutzer教授 |
[33:36] | – We’ve done it. – What? | – 我们成功了 – 什么? |
[33:37] | – The morality engine works. – It works? | – 道德引擎起作用了 – 起作用了? |
[33:40] | I was showing the policemen how the brain scanner works, | 我在向警察们展示 脑扫描仪如何工作的 |
[33:42] | – But the synchronous oscillator kept tripping off… – Yes,it’s been doing that. | – 可是同步振荡器一直跳闸… – 是啊 一直都那样 |
[33:45] | So i decided to bypass the differential filters. | 于是我绕过了特定的过滤器 |
[33:47] | I think it’s producing an ion flow into the dendrite. | 我认为它产生了流向树突的离子 |
[33:50] | – But how? – I don’t know. | – 但怎么会? – 我不知道 |
[33:51] | I don’t know how it works,but it works. | 我不知道是怎么成功的 但就是成了 |
[33:53] | This is his baseline before recalibration… | 这是重新标识尺度前的基线… |
[33:58] | And after. | 之后的 |
[34:00] | You sure about this? | 你肯定? |
[34:01] | I’ve checked and rechecked the results. Watch. | 我把结果检查了一遍又一遍 看 |
[34:03] | I’m gonna optimize his moral clarity. | 现在我要优化他的道德准则 |
[34:07] | Question 65b– ******* | 问题 65b题 一个枪手要开枪射杀无辜儿童 |
[34:11] | *********** | 你可以挡在枪口前救下那孩子 但你会牺牲性命 |
[34:16] | Do you “a,” give yourself up or “b,” fight to the last man? | 选择 a牺牲自己 b让孩子死 |
[34:21] | “a.” | |
[34:22] | Now i’m gonna push it to the opposite end of the curve. | 现在我会让他变邪恶 |
[34:25] | Question 98– you are on an island with three other people who were previously strangers to you. | 问题98 你在孤岛同陌生人一起被困 |
[34:29] | ********** | 你找到了食物 但仅供一个人维持生命 |
[34:33] | *********** | 如果不分享食物 你的生命便可得到保障 但陌生人就会饿死 |
[34:39] | Do you “a,” share the food, “b,” keep the food for yourself? | 选择 a 分享食物 b 给自己留着食物 |
[34:44] | – “b.” – See? It works. | – 看到没? 成功了 |
[34:47] | It does work. It really works. | 有用 真的成功了 |
[34:51] | We must tell the chancellor that it works. | 我们得汇报给校长 这成功了 |
[34:56] | Eating people is wrong– true or false? | 食人是错的 这句话对还是错 |
[34:59] | False. | 错 |
[35:00] | Question 95– seeing another human being in pain is pleasant– true or false? | 问题95 看到别人受苦是愉悦的 这句话对还是错 |
[35:06] | True. | 对 |
[35:08] | Well done. Well done. Thank the lord! | 干的好 干的好 谢天谢地 |
[35:11] | I-i told you i would succeed in the end. | 我告诉过你 我最终还是会成功的 |
[35:14] | Yes,you did. You certainly did,didn’t you? | 是啊 你做到了 你当然做到了 不是吗 |
[35:18] | – Mr. Jane? – Mr. Jane,i haven’t restored your normal calibration. | – Jane先生? – Jane先生 我还没有帮你回复正常呢 |
[35:21] | Ah,don’t worry about it. | 哦 别担心 |
[35:22] | ****** | 但是他被调到了邪恶状态 |
[35:24] | Sir. | 先生 |
[35:26] | Sir,please, follow Dr. Miller’s advice. | 先生 请你听从Miller医生的建议 |
[35:29] | You do not understand what has happened to you. | 你不了解自己身上发生了什么 |
[35:30] | Oh,yes,i understand. Your morality engine works. It made me into a good man. | 我了解的 你的道德引擎成功了 把我变成了个好人 |
[35:34] | No,you do not understand. | 不 你不了解 |
[35:36] | It is the exact opposite. | 恰恰相反 |
[35:37] | No,doc, you don’t understand. | 不 医生 是你不了解 |
[35:41] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[35:45] | Put the phone down. Thank you. | 放下电话 谢谢 |
[35:49] | You know why i’m alive on this planet? | 你知道我为什么活在这个世界上吗 |
[35:51] | My sole purpose? | 我的灵魂之责? |
[35:54] | I catch bad people and punish them. | 我抓住坏人 惩罚他们 |
[35:56] | That’s all i do, because when i do that, i know i’m doing something good,you see? | 这就是我所做的 当我这么做时 我知道我这是在做好事 知道吗 |
[36:00] | Yes. Yes. | 知道 知道 |
[36:01] | Good people do good things. | 好人做好事 |
[36:04] | – Bad people do bad things. – Th-that–that’s true. | – 坏人做坏事 – 是这样的 |
[36:06] | Yes. Now let’s test your moral baseline. | 对啊 现在让我来测试一下你的道德基线 |
[36:09] | Question 99–who killed alex nelson and kerry sheehan? | 问题99 谁杀死了Alex Nelson 和Kerry Sheehan |
[36:14] | I-i don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:16] | That’s not an acceptable answer. | 答案无效 |
[36:18] | Tell me the truth, or i will kill that woman. | 告诉我真相 不然我就杀了那个女人 |
[36:21] | I am telling you the truth. | 我说的是真相 |
[36:25] | Oh,my god! Oh,my god! Oh,my god. | 哦 天啊 哦 天啊 |
[36:34] | Okay, now that we’ve established some real test parameters, | 好了 现在我们有了真实的测试参数啦 |
[36:38] | Tell me who killed alex nelson and kerry sheehan, | 告诉是谁杀了Alex Nelson 和Kerry Sheehan |
[36:42] | Or i will shoot your good friend here. | 不然我就对你的好朋友开枪了 |
[36:44] | And then if you still don’t give me an honest answer, i will kill you. | 如果你还是不老实回答 我就杀了你 |
[36:48] | My good man,i cannot tell you what i do not know. | 天哪 我自己都不知道 怎么回答你 |
[36:50] | I need an answer. | 我需要一个答案 |
[36:51] | It was me. It was… | 是我 是我… |
[36:54] | – It was me. It was me. – You? | – 是我 是我 – 你? |
[36:56] | – Why? – I-i killed them. | – 为什么? – 我杀了他们 |
[36:58] | I’m sorry,lewis. | 对不起 Lewis |
[37:00] | I was only trying to protect you. | 我只是想保护你 |
[37:02] | I need evidence. | 给我证据 |
[37:04] | In–in my basement in a charcoal lighter fluid bottle. | 在我的地下室里 液体木炭燃烧剂的瓶子里 |
[37:09] | What’s in the bottle? | 里面有什么 |
[37:10] | Cyanide. | 氰化氢 |
[37:11] | Why did you do it? | 为什么这么做 |
[37:13] | To protect the university. | 保护这所大学 |
[37:17] | Alex was going to expose the stutzer institute as a fraud. | Alex要曝光Stutzer学院的诈骗行为 |
[37:21] | The–the university’s finances are–are based on stutzer’s reputation. | 大学的基金来源全靠Stutzer的名誉 |
[37:27] | If stutzer goes down, leyland university goes down. | 如果Stutzer学院倒闭了 Leyland大学也就只能关门了 |
[37:31] | And kerry came to you after alex died, said that alex had told her everything. | 而Kerry在Alex死后找上了你 说Alex把一切都和她讲了 |
[37:35] | She was gonna expose stutzer, not just as a fraud, but as a murderer. | 她也准备揭露Stutzer 不是因为诈骗 而是因为谋杀 |
[37:38] | Yes. Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:39] | Where in the basement is that bottle? | 瓶子在地下室的哪儿 |
[37:41] | Top shelf on the left as you–as you… | 左边架子最高层 只要你 只要你… |
[37:45] | As you come down the stairs. | 一下楼梯就能看到 |
[37:46] | I bet you keep a nice,neat basement. | 相信你的地下室一定整洁干净 |
[37:49] | What was in that bottle again? | 再问一次 瓶子里是什么 |
[37:51] | Cyanide. | 氰化氢 |
[37:55] | Sophie,you can get up now. | Sophie 你可以起来了 |
[37:58] | See? The blood– totally worth it. | 看到了吗 就一点血吧–很值得呢 |
[38:00] | It’s always those little details that help sell the whole thing. | 小小的细节才能让整个骗局起效 |
[38:03] | That was–that was great. | 这真是 真是太好了 |
[38:08] | It’s all inadmissible. | 这是违反程序的 |
[38:09] | I-i said what i had to say to–to save myself from this lunatic with a gun. | 我不得不这么说 才能让我免遭这个持枪疯子的毒手 |
[38:14] | It’s inadmissible. | 这是违反程序的 |
[38:15] | She knows,but knowing the truth is important,too. | 她知道的 但知道真相也很重要 |
[38:19] | Uh,top shelf left or right, did you say? | 架子最高层 左边的还是右边的 |
[38:22] | Left. | 左边的 |
[38:23] | We have agents at your house right now with a search warrant. | 我们的人已经带着搜查证在你家候着了 |
[38:27] | Inadmissible. | 是违反程序的 |
[38:28] | Yes. I’d hate to be a state’s attorney. | 是啊 要我是州检察官肯定要烦死了 |
[38:31] | Jane’s always pulling crap like this on them. But they always win. | Jane老是甩给他们这样的烂摊子 但他们总能赢 |
[38:34] | In the meantime, you’re under arrest. Cho? | 同时 你被捕了 周? |
[38:38] | – Would you? – Put your hands on your head. | – 你来? – 双手抱头 |
[38:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:40] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持缄默 |
[38:42] | Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law. | 但你所说的将成为呈堂证供 |
[38:45] | You have the right to have an attorney present during questioning. | 你有权在审查期间请律师 |
[38:47] | If you give up that right… | 如果你没钱请律师… |
[38:51] | The engine doesn’t work? | 引擎没有成功? |
[38:56] | You were pretending. | 你是装的 |
[38:58] | – It doesn’t work. – Pretending. | – 没有成功 – 装的 |
[39:03] | To catch the chancellor… Or me,i suppose. | 为了抓到校长 或是我… |
[39:06] | You couldn’t know which. | 你也不知道是哪个 |
[39:08] | No,i thought it was you. | 我不知道 我以为是你 |
[39:11] | Very clever. | 聪明的很啊 |
[39:14] | I so badly wanted to believe that it worked. | 我是多么希望它能成功啊 |
[39:18] | Mind plays tricks,huh? | 人脑总把我们耍得团团转 哈? |
[39:23] | Well… Never mind. | 这个…算了吧 |
[39:34] | In the future, i hope that your love life is a little more peaceful, | 我希望将来你的情感生活 能够更平和一些 |
[39:37] | But if it’s not and an ex-lover turns up dead again, do me a favor? | 但要又有前男友暴之类的状况 帮我个忙 |
[39:42] | Don’t call me. I think we’re pretty much even. | 别打电话找我 我想我们已经扯平了 |
[39:47] | – Paid in full. – Great. | – 彻底两清了 – 好极了 |
[39:50] | What are you gonna do now? | 你准备怎么接下来干什么 |
[39:53] | I’m ruined as a scientist, | 我的科研生涯已经完蛋了 |
[39:56] | so i’ll probably go back to helping people one by one. | 所以我可能还是会回去帮助人们 |
[39:59] | I think that’s a great idea. You’re very good at that. | 这主意很好 你很擅长那个 |
[40:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:16] | Bye,sophie. Be well. | 再见 Sophie 要好起来哦 |
[40:31] | Jane kissed a girl. | Jane吻了个女生 |
[40:33] | Well,you know,it’s… Yeah,on the cheek. | 是啊 只是亲脸啦 |
[40:38] | Still counts. | 还是算数啊 |
[40:40] | – Counts as what? – Nothing. Just saying. | – 算什么数 – 没什么 说说而已 |
[41:00] | You want to drive? | 想开车吗 |
[41:04] | That’s a very sweet offer. | 这个提议很窝心 |
[41:06] | Do i really seem so sad? | 我的伤感真那么明显? |
[41:08] | What? I was just asking if you wanted to drive. | 什么 我只不过问问你想不想开车 |
[41:11] | You don’t like it when i drive. You despise it. | 你不喜欢我开车的 你不屑我的车技 |
[41:13] | You drive way too fast. | 你开得太快 |
[41:14] | I drive just fast enough. | 我开得正好 |
[41:17] | You hate not being the one in control, | 你讨厌不能掌控一切 |
[41:18] | And yet you’re willing to overcome your irrational fears to cheer me up. | 但你还是愿意克服这种无理的恐惧 来让我振作 |
[41:22] | That’s a beautiful thing,lisbon. Thank you. I’d love to drive. | 你真好啊 Lisbon 谢谢 我想开车 |
[41:25] | Never mind. | 当我没说 |
[41:28] | -=http://sfile.ydy.com=- proudly presents | |
[41:33] | -=http://sfile.ydy.com=- | sync:揣艮艮 |