时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | Jane? You in there? | 简 你在里面吗 |
[00:17] | I’m up. I’m up. | 我这就起来 |
[00:18] | Homicide in San Francisco. | 旧金山发生一起谋杀案 |
[00:20] | Cho and Rigsby are already on their way. | 周和瑞斯比已经出发了 |
[00:22] | Did you sleep here? | 你在这儿睡觉 |
[00:24] | No, I was working. | 没有 我在工作呢 |
[00:25] | It looks like you were sleeping. | 看上去你像是在睡觉啊 |
[00:27] | Well, I programmed my, uh, | 我在给自己造梦 |
[00:29] | dreams to work on the Red John case. | 解析血腥约翰的案子 |
[00:31] | Oh, well, then make sure you put in for overtime. | 那得算在你的加班时间里啊 |
[00:33] | Ah, healthy skepticism. I like it. | 你怀疑很正常 我喜欢 |
[00:35] | But it could work. | 但这会起作用的 |
[00:36] | Mendeleev saw the entire periodic table in his dream. | 门捷列夫就是在梦里发现元素周期表的 |
[00:40] | That’s nice for him. Jane? | 那他真走运 简 |
[00:42] | – Shall we? – As a friend… | -我们走吧 -作为朋友我要说 |
[00:44] | This doesn’t look good. | 这里太乱了 |
[00:49] | Keeps me going. | 快走吧 |
[00:52] | 天堂旅馆 旧金山 加利福尼亚州 | |
[00:58] | There’s evidence of a physical confrontation, | 有肢体对抗的迹象 |
[01:00] | and this is where he ended up. | 他就是在这儿倒下的 |
[01:02] | He was on his back when the shots were fired. | 中枪时 是背对凶手的 |
[01:03] | – Eight to ten rounds to the head. – Whew. What head? | -头部中了八到十枪 -脑袋都不成形了 |
[01:06] | – Yeah. – Ew. | -是啊 -真吓人 |
[01:07] | Two motel guests heard muffled pops | 两名房客在凌晨一点左右 |
[01:09] | around 1:00 a.M., figured it was city traffic. | 隐约听到响声 以为是公交车 |
[01:11] | No defense wounds. | 没有自卫的痕迹 |
[01:12] | You’d think he would’ve at least put up his hands | 你觉不觉得 他至少会用双手 |
[01:14] | to shield his face. | 挡住自己的脸 |
[01:15] | Or it depends on how hard he fell. | 可能他摔得不轻吧 |
[01:16] | Forensics recovered the casings. | 取证科的人证实 |
[01:17] | 9 millimeter. | 枪支口径9毫米 |
[01:18] | Also collected a cigarette butt | 还找到了一节烟蒂 |
[01:19] | and some red fibers around the body. | 以及尸体周围有些红色的纤维 |
[01:21] | You woke me for this? | 你吵醒我就为了这个 |
[01:24] | This man is a sociopath. He should’ve been in prison. | 这人是反社会分子 他肯定进过监狱 |
[01:26] | He was. Full pardon two days ago. | 他进过 两天前被无罪释放 |
[01:29] | Name’s Henry Dahl. | 名叫亨利・达尔 |
[01:30] | Convicted nine years ago | 九年前涉嫌 |
[01:31] | in the rape and murder of one Jennie Winter | 奸杀了一个叫珍妮・温特的 |
[01:33] | was a lifer at del norte | 在德尔诺特被判终身监禁 |
[01:34] | until a new D.N.A. Test | 直到新提交的一项DNA测试 |
[01:35] | set him free. | 让他无罪释放 |
[01:36] | – How’d you peg him as an inmate? – Give me a break. | -你怎么断定他是囚犯 -我来说吧 |
[01:38] | A classic rooster build– massive upper body, | 典型的好斗者的身材 上身很壮 |
[01:40] | skinny legs. | 腿又很细 |
[01:41] | Jaundiced skin, | 黄疸色的皮肤[一种皮肤病] |
[01:42] | probably hepatitis C | 也许是得了丙型肝炎 |
[01:43] | from the dirty needle tattoo on his elbow. | 因为纹身时 用了不干净的针 |
[01:45] | Spiderweb representing the passage of time. | 肘部刺的蜘蛛网 可以判断出患病的时间 |
[01:47] | Wh-where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[01:49] | I’m tired, and I don’t really care who killed this creep. | 我累了 我不太关心是谁杀了这种人渣 |
[01:53] | He was innocent. | 他是无辜的 |
[01:54] | Meh. He made instruments of death out of toothpicks. | 拜托 他连牙签都拿来做刑具的造型 |
[02:10] | I know you, don’t I? Are you with homicide? | 我是不是认识你 你在跟这次的凶杀案吗 |
[02:15] | Right now I’m with you, unless, uh, of course, | 现在我正跟你在一起啊 不过 那是当然 |
[02:17] | are you with homicide? | 你也跟这次的凶杀案吗 |
[02:19] | Did you know it cost taxpayers $2.4 million | 你知不知道 珍妮・温特一案中 |
[02:21] | to convict Henry Dahl in the murder | 为了将亨利・达尔绳之于法 |
[02:23] | of Jennie Winter? | 花了纳税人240万美元 |
[02:23] | No kidding. That’s a lot of money. | 不是开玩笑吧 这可不是小数目 |
[02:25] | Now they’ll have to spend millions more finding | 现在他们还要再花数百万美元 |
[02:26] | and convicting Dahl’s killer | 来调查杀害达尔的凶手 |
[02:27] | because the state set a hardened criminal free. | 就因为当庭释放了这个不知悔改的凶手 |
[02:29] | How many man hours will you waste | 你又要花多少小时 |
[02:30] | chasing henry Dahl’s killer? | 浪费在缉拿杀害亨利・达尔的凶手上 |
[02:32] | Not too many. | 不是很多 |
[02:35] | – Anything usable? – Maybe. | -有什么可用的吗 -也许吧 |
[02:53] | Get this. | 把这个拍下来 |
[03:07] | 超感警探 | |
[03:12] | And I’m here to tell you | 我在这儿告诉大家 |
[03:14] | Henry dahl deserved what he got. | 亨利・达尔是罪有应得 |
[03:16] | Even the cbi agrees with me– | 连加州调查局 |
[03:18] | the premiere law enforcement agency of California. | 加州最高执法机构 也同意我的说法 |
[03:21] | Take a look at one of their agents | 来看看 那血淋淋的尸体 |
[03:23] | just two hours after the gruesome body was discovered | 在南旧金山的一座旅馆 被发现后的两小时 |
[03:26] | in a south San Francisco motel room. | 他们的一位探员又在干什么呢 |
[03:28] | Not in too big a rush to catch the killer, is he? | 真不太着急缉拿凶手 不是吗 |
[03:32] | We’ve identified this man as Patrick Jane, | 我们认识这个人 名叫派翠克・简 |
[03:35] | The CBI’s top criminal consultant. | 加调局的首席罪案顾问 |
[03:37] | Sleep tight tonight, Mr. Jane. | 今晚睡个好觉吧 简先生 |
[03:39] | I know I will. | 我肯定安枕无忧了 |
[03:42] | This isn’t unfamiliar territory to me. | 这种事 我真不多见 |
[03:46] | A paid consultant mistaking state contracts | 一个收费顾问 把跟警局签的合约 |
[03:48] | for a country club where he can do as he pleases. | 视为儿戏 为所欲为 |
[03:51] | He was tired because he was here all night | 他今天很累 因为他整晚都在这儿 |
[03:53] | working on the Red John case. It’s completely bogus. | 研究血腥约翰的案子 这报道全是胡扯 |
[03:56] | Yeah, I know it’s bogus. But that’s not how it looks. | 我知道这是胡扯 但观众看了可不会这么想 |
[03:59] | It looks like he puked in the fish tank. | 他看起来就像是玩忽职守 |
[04:01] | Kinda does, yeah. | 是有点 没错 |
[04:03] | The attorney general has enough to worry about | 这件对误判入狱者的谋杀案 |
[04:05] | with the murder of a wrongly imprisoned man. | 让首席检察官已经够头疼了 |
[04:07] | I need Jane awake on this. | 我要简在这件事上端正态度 |
[04:09] | To be honest, I’m more concerned | 老实说 比起简 |
[04:11] | about her behavior than I am about his. | 我觉得她的举动更令人担心 |
[04:13] | The police never released | 警方并没有向媒体公布 |
[04:15] | Dahl’s identity to the press. | 死者达尔的身份 |
[04:17] | So what’s a famous cable tv host doing in front of the motel? | 知名电视主持人 怎么会跑到旅馆来 |
[04:20] | Karen Cross’ production company | 凯伦・克劳斯的制作公司 |
[04:21] | footed the bill for Henry Dahl’s motel room. | 为亨利・达尔住的旅馆房间预付了钱 |
[04:24] | Dahl had driven in from Lodi | 达尔从洛代开到这里 |
[04:25] | to appear as a guest on her talk show today. | 是为了当她今晚脱口秀的嘉宾 |
[04:27] | Explains how she knew he was there. | 这就解释了她怎么知道他在那里 |
[04:29] | Wait. Their connection runs deeper than that. | 等等 他们的交情还不止这样 |
[04:31] | Before Cross joined Trial TV, | 在克劳斯加入审讯电视台之前 |
[04:33] | she was a state prosecutor | 她曾是一名州起诉人 |
[04:35] | With 102 violent felony convictions, no losses. | 起诉过102起暴力刑事案件 无一失手 |
[04:38] | Guess who one of those convictions was? | 猜猜其中一起案件的当事人是谁 |
[04:39] | Hello, Dahl-y. | 就是我们的达尔吧 |
[04:41] | Don’t do that. | 别这么说话 |
[04:42] | Why would Dahl appear | 达尔为什么会愿意参加 |
[04:43] | on the national talk show | 由曾经将他绳之以法的律师 |
[04:45] | of the lawyer who put him away? | 主持的脱口秀节目 |
[04:46] | Notoriety. Payback. Women. | 洗清恶名 抱负 为了女色 |
[04:48] | Well, Cross can’t be happy about Dahl’s name being cleared. | 克劳斯肯定不愿意让达尔洗清恶名的 |
[04:50] | Ruins her perfect record. | 这会毁了她完胜的记录 |
[04:52] | Agreed. Jane and I will go talk to her. | 同意 我和简去跟她谈谈 |
[04:53] | Now did Dahl have a local residence? | 达尔的住所在哪 |
[04:55] | A halfway house in Lodi. | 在洛代一间中途旅馆 |
[04:57] | You and Cho, start driving. | 你和周 现在就开车去 |
[04:58] | – See what you find there. – Grab the keys. | -看看会有什么发现 -拿上钥匙 |
[05:06] | – Hey, what’s the matter? – Oh. I had a lunch appointment. | -怎么了 -我约了人吃午餐 |
[05:10] | Well, I can drive to Lodi with Cho. | 我可以跟周去洛代 |
[05:12] | Oh, no. I couldn’t ask you to do that. | 不 这太麻烦你了 |
[05:13] | Don’t worry about it. I’ll clear it with Lisbon. | 没关系的 我去跟里斯本解释 |
[05:14] | You know, you go do your lunch thing. | 你去吃你的午餐吧 |
[05:16] | I hope you’re hungry. | 希望你已经饿了 |
[05:19] | – Hey, Grace. – Hey. | -格蕾丝 -嗨 |
[05:20] | – Rigsby. – Hey. | -瑞斯比 -嗨 |
[05:21] | So you should grab a jacket. | 你去穿件外套吧 |
[05:23] | I hitched us a ride on the tac team chopper. | 我们要去搭作战部队的直升机 |
[05:25] | We’re flying to lunch? | 我们坐飞机去吃饭 |
[05:27] | Tac team was heading up north anyhow, | 反正作战部队要往北边飞 |
[05:28] | so they’re gonna | 我知道河边有一个 |
[05:29] | Drop us off at this great picnic spot | 非常适合野餐的地方 |
[05:31] | I know on the river. | 他们会在那把我们放下 |
[05:32] | I mean, you said you had a couple hours, right? | 你说过有几个小时的 对吧 |
[05:34] | Yeah. Thank you so much. I owe you one. | 是啊 非常谢谢你 我欠你个人情 |
[05:43] | It’s okay. We’ll stop for big gulps. | 没关系 我们路上买大畅饮喝 |
[05:43] | 711便利店的大杯饮料 | |
[05:53] | How you doing? You all right? | 你怎么了 你还好吧 |
[05:55] | Eh, it’s a little chilly in here, no? | 这儿有点冷 不是吗 |
[05:59] | Excuse me. Hi. I’m agent Lisbon. | 不好意思 嗨 我是里斯本探员 |
[06:03] | I think you know my colleague, Patrick Jane. | 我想你见过我的同事 派翠克・简了 |
[06:05] | Well, he’s probably taking a nap. | 他可能是去打盹了 |
[06:10] | He gets nervous on tv sets. | 他看到电视有些紧张 |
[06:12] | I imagine so, considering what happened to his family | 我也觉得 考虑到在他最后一次电视访谈后 |
[06:14] | after his last talk show appearance. | 他的家人遭遇的不幸 |
[06:16] | Even I know better than | 连我都知道 |
[06:17] | to taunt a serial killer on air. | 不该在节目中嘲笑一个连环杀手 |
[06:20] | Then you should know better than to taunt the cbi, because– | 那么你也知道不该嘲笑加调局吧 因为 |
[06:22] | I’m a person of interest. I get it. | 我是嫌疑人嘛 我懂 |
[06:24] | So let me make this easy for you. | 所以咱把话说明白点 |
[06:25] | Yes, I was outraged that Henry Dahl was set free. | 是 亨利・达尔被释放让我怒不可遏 |
[06:28] | Did I shoot him? No. | 我枪杀他了吗 没有 |
[06:29] | I was in edit Bay 4 at the time of his murder. | 他被害时我正在编辑《第四湾》 |
[06:31] | The log includes a contact number for the editor who was with me. | 记录里有当时和我一起的编辑的电话 |
[06:34] | Why’d you invite Henry on your show? | 为什么要邀请亨利上你的节目 |
[06:36] | The state may have let Henry go, | 国家或许放过了亨利 |
[06:37] | but my show is tougher than any court of law. | 但是我的节目却比任何法律都严厉 |
[06:39] | I was gonna nail him to the cross. | 我要把他钉在十字架上 |
[06:41] | Karen Cross? | 凯伦的十字架嘛 |
[06:41] | 十字架与她本人的姓克劳斯 是同一个词 | |
[06:43] | You’ve seen my promos? | 你看了我的预告片 |
[06:44] | Read the trial coverage, too. It was all smoke and mirrors. | 还读了审讯报道 虚假内容满天飞 |
[06:47] | You whipped the jury into a frenzy | 你煽动起陪审团的怒火 |
[06:48] | to cover for a lack of physical evidence. | 好掩盖物证的不足 |
[06:50] | Two witnesses put Dahl at the scene. | 两位目击证人在现场看到达尔 |
[06:52] | That doesn’t make him a killer. | 这不能证明他就是凶手 |
[06:54] | You caught a break when the D.N.A. test | 当时强奸套件上的DNA测试尚无定论 |
[06:56] | from the rape kit came back as inconclusive. | 让你交了好运 |
[06:58] | The new test excludes Dahl as the perpetrator. | 而新的测试结果排除了达尔是凶手的可能 |
[07:01] | You don’t trust D.N.A.? | 你不相信DNA测试吗 |
[07:02] | I don’t trust anything coming out of the justice system. | 凡是与司法系统有关的 我一概不信 |
[07:04] | That’s why I left. | 这是我离开的原因 |
[07:06] | I heard you left because | 我听说你离开是因为 |
[07:07] | you were gonna be fired for ethical violations. | 你因有违职业道德 面临被解雇 |
[07:09] | Nothing stops me from following my instincts, agent Lisbon. | 谁都不能阻止我跟着直觉走 里斯本探员 |
[07:11] | I won’t apologize for that. | 我不会为此道歉的 |
[07:13] | I spent six months deposing and questioning Henry. | 我花了六个月声讨和质疑亨利 |
[07:15] | I’m telling you for a fact, that man was a reptile. | 我告诉你的是事实 这男人够卑鄙的 |
[07:36] | Shrink, right? | 你是心理医生吧 |
[07:37] | Excuse me? | 怎么说 |
[07:39] | The vest. | 这背心 |
[07:41] | The tea. | 这茶 |
[07:42] | Karen Cross always invites a shrink | 凯伦・克劳斯的惯例是邀请一名心理医生 |
[07:44] | – to comfort the grieving mother. – I’m Jodi Dahl. | -来安慰悲伤的母亲 -我是乔蒂・达尔 |
[07:49] | Oh. I’m sorry for your loss. | 节哀顺变 |
[07:51] | Don’t you worry about me. | 别为我担心 |
[07:54] | I’ve been letting go of Henry for years. | 我当没他这儿子好多年了 |
[07:57] | Excuse me, honey. | 抱歉失陪 亲爱的 |
[08:06] | Tea? | 喝茶吗 |
[08:09] | It’s a hug in a… cup. | 杯中自有 暖人心 |
[08:11] | No, no, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[08:13] | I take it you’re family, too. | 我听说你也是家属 |
[08:17] | Max Winter. | 麦克斯・温特 |
[08:18] | Max Winter. | 麦克斯・温特 |
[08:21] | The widower of the victim. | 受害人的前夫 |
[08:25] | True victim. | 真正的受害人 |
[08:27] | My wife’s name was Jennie. | 我妻子的名字叫珍妮 |
[08:33] | There is nothing about you that indicates loss. | 在你身上完全看不出受过什么打击 |
[08:36] | No scars of aged pain. Bravo. | 也没有多年未愈的创伤 好极了 |
[08:38] | Corner seat says you’re wary. | 选择坐在角落 证明你为人谨慎 |
[08:40] | Need to control your environment. | 时刻需要掌控环境 |
[08:41] | In most people, that creates tension. | 对大多数人而言 这会引起紧张情绪 |
[08:44] | But your breathing is relaxed. | 但你呼吸顺畅 |
[08:48] | What’s your trick, Max? | 秘诀是什么呢 麦克斯 |
[08:51] | It’s… inner peace. | 这是 内心的平静 |
[08:54] | The kind of peace you get when you shoot your wife’s killer? | 你射向杀妻凶手时 也是这样的平静吗 |
[08:58] | Henry was innocent, it seems. | 亨利好像是无辜的吧 |
[09:00] | Well, if that’s true, the man that raped and cut your wife up | 如果是这样的话 奸杀你妻子的凶手 |
[09:03] | is still out there. | 仍逍遥法外 |
[09:05] | That doesn’t bother you? | 这没对你造成困扰吗 |
[09:07] | Jennifer’s life ended abruptly. | 珍妮佛遭遇飞来横祸 |
[09:09] | Could’ve been a drunk driver, | 就算不是被杀 也可能会是碰到酒驾司机 |
[09:10] | could’ve been a meteorite. | 或陨石坠落什么的 |
[09:12] | Anger is unhelpful and unproductive. | 发怒既无帮助 也没益处 |
[09:17] | Well, I don’t know. | 也许吧 我也不知道 |
[09:19] | Some people–it’s, uh, it’s invigorating. | 对有些人而言 愤怒能使他们活得更有目标 |
[09:24] | I’m sorry I don’t fit your image | 很抱歉我没能符合你心中 |
[09:25] | of the tragic husband. | 悲痛欲绝的丈夫的形象 |
[09:29] | You ask where my peace comes from. | 说到我的平静来自何方 |
[09:32] | It’s called… reconciliation. | 我把它叫做 宽容为怀 |
[09:36] | I can’t undo what happened to my wife, | 我是无法对我妻子的事坐视不管 |
[09:39] | but for the sake of my son Jackson, | 但为了我的儿子杰克森 |
[09:42] | I can decide how I wanna live thereafter. | 我必须好好过今后的生活 |
[09:46] | So I forgive Henry… | 所以我原谅了亨利 |
[09:48] | Or… whoever it was who killed Jennie. | 以及 那个真正的凶手 |
[09:52] | I actually forgave them long ago. | 事实上 我早就原谅他们了 |
[09:55] | Let’s get you wired for sound, Mr. Winter. | 我们要为你装上话筒线了 温特先生 |
[09:58] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[09:59] | Where’s Miss Dahl? | 达尔女士在哪 |
[10:01] | Okay. Bring her to the stage. | 好的 带她上台 |
[10:05] | This was the scene nine years ago, | 这是九年前的一幕 |
[10:07] | when Henry Dahl was attacked | 亨利・达尔被指控割断了一位女士的喉咙 |
[10:09] | before a pretrial hearing by the husband | 他在一场审前听证会前被殴打 |
[10:11] | of the woman whose throat he was accused of cutting. | 打人者正是该女士的丈夫 |
[10:15] | I’ll kill you, Dahl. | 我要杀了你 达尔 |
[10:28] | Three deputies were guarding Henry Dahl that day. | 那天有三名狱警保护亨利・达尔 |
[10:31] | Now that was the Max I knew. | 那才是我所认识的麦克斯 |
[10:33] | He would be dancing a jig | 一个在听到亨利・达尔的死讯后 |
[10:34] | after hearing Henry Dahl was dead. | 会手舞足蹈的人 |
[10:36] | But am I to understand | 但据我所知 |
[10:37] | you actually forgave Dahl | 你在这所谓的新DNA证物曝光前 |
[10:39] | before this so-called new d.N.A. Evidence came to light? | 就已经原谅了达尔 |
[10:42] | – It’s called reconciliation, Karen. – Meh. | -这叫做宽大为怀 凯伦 -胡扯 |
[10:45] | Reconciliation? | 宽大为怀 |
[10:45] | Yeah, reconciliation. In my case– | 是的 宽大为怀 依我看 |
[10:47] | Oh, I’m familiar with what reconciliation means. | 我很清楚宽大为怀的意思 |
[10:49] | Reconciliation is basically when family members | 宽大为怀就是 受害者的家庭成员 |
[10:51] | of victims–they waltz over to the prison, they decide | 只需绕着监狱走上一圈 |
[10:52] | they’re gonna forgive this person | 就愿意原谅那些 |
[10:54] | who murdered their wife or children. | 杀害他们妻子或孩子的凶手了 |
[10:55] | I just don’t buy it, Max. | 别给我来这套 麦克斯 |
[11:02] | 加州 洛代 亨利・达尔中途之家 | |
[11:03] | He was only here for two nights. I hardly saw him. | 他只来这住过两晚 我没怎么见到他 |
[11:05] | When I did, he was just so happy to be free. | 见到他时 他都沉浸在重获自由的喜悦之中 |
[11:08] | Who wouldn’t be? | 谁都会这样的 |
[11:09] | Did Mr. Dahl have any visitors? | 达尔先生有访客吗 |
[11:10] | Yeah, the first night out. | 有 他获释第一晚 |
[11:11] | Some woman–she dropped by for a few hours. | 一个女人 她来访过几个小时 |
[11:14] | Not bad-looking either. The guy didn’t waste much time. | 也挺好看的 他真是不浪费时间 |
[11:17] | You catch her name? | 你记下她名字没 |
[11:18] | No. Sorry. Here we go. | 没有 抱歉 这边走 |
[11:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:28] | Thanks a lot. | 谢谢 |
[11:31] | Oh, we can take it from here. Thank you. | 接下来就交给我们吧 谢谢 |
[11:33] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[11:38] | Well, someone was looking for something. | 有人来找过什么东西 |
[11:40] | Thank you, captain obvious. | 谢谢你 我都看不出来呢 |
[11:42] | Three hours of brooding silence, | 先是闷不吭声三小时 |
[11:44] | then sarcasm. | 现在又来冷嘲热讽 |
[11:45] | It’s like we’re married. | 咱俩真像老夫老妻 |
[11:46] | Sorry, Cho. It’s just | 抱歉 周 只是那个 |
[11:48] | special agent Craig o’Laughlin | 特别探员克莱格・欧拉福林 |
[11:50] | And his… chopper. | 和他的 直升机 |
[11:52] | What’s she see in that guy anyway? | 她到底看中他什么 |
[11:54] | Ivy league degree in criminology, | 常春藤大学的犯罪学学位 |
[11:57] | 6 years in the 101st airborne, | 在第101空降师的六年经历 |
[12:00] | and a black belt in wushu from a real Shaolin temple. | 还有在真正的少林寺学到的黑带级武术 |
[12:03] | Yeah, thanks, buddy. Whatever. | 谢谢你 好兄弟 管他的 |
[12:08] | Cho, under the bed! | 周 在床下 |
[12:20] | – What are you doing?! – Just go! Go! | -你愣着干嘛呢 -快追 追 |
[12:35] | Bet they don’t teach that at a Shaolin temple. | 我打赌少林寺不教这招吧 |
[12:44] | 加州 洛代 麦克斯・温特宅邸 | |
[12:54] | Hey, dad! Come help out! | 喂 老爸 来帮个忙 |
[13:02] | Wow. Hi. | 你好 |
[13:05] | I thought you were my dad. | 我以为是我爸来了 |
[13:08] | No. | 不是 |
[13:10] | What… | 多么 |
[13:12] | An amazing phenomenon– | 美妙的景观啊 |
[13:15] | Flying machines frozen… In mid air. | 飞行器被固定在半空中 |
[13:20] | I kinda feel sorry for ’em. | 我有些替它们惋惜 |
[13:21] | Did–did you do all this? | 这些都是你做的吗 |
[13:24] | Um, no, my–my dad does. | 不 是我爸爸做的 |
[13:26] | I just help out. | 我打打下手而已 |
[13:28] | You’re Max’s son. | 你是麦克斯的儿子 |
[13:29] | I-I saw you at the talk show. | 我在谈话节目里看到你了 |
[13:31] | Jackson, right? | 杰克森 对吗 |
[13:33] | I’m looking for your dad. | 我找你爸爸 |
[13:36] | Who are you? | 你是 |
[13:38] | You a cop or something? | 警察什么的 |
[13:39] | No. Too many laws to uphold. | 不是 当警察要遵守太多法律了 |
[13:41] | But I do work with the police. | 但我受聘于警方 |
[13:44] | Don’t touch that, please. It’s not cured yet. | 别碰那个 胶没有干 |
[13:48] | – It feels okay to me. – It needs two more hours. | -我觉得挺牢固 -要再晾两三小时 |
[13:54] | Epoxy Adhesive Tube Kit | 环氧胶 |
[13:56] | Can you go now? | 你能现在离开吗 |
[14:00] | Look, my dad’s not at the house. | 我爸不在家 |
[14:01] | I don’t know where he is. | 我不知道他在哪里 |
[14:03] | Sure, you do. You just don’t want me to know. | 你知道 可是你不想让我知道 |
[14:09] | Is he hiding something? | 你爸爸有所隐瞒吗 |
[14:11] | No, he’s not hiding anything. | 没 我爸光明磊落 |
[14:17] | Are you? | 那你呢 |
[14:18] | No. Of course not. | 没有 我说的是真话 |
[14:21] | Your dad doesn’t seem like | 你爸爸不像是 |
[14:22] | the kind of man who would ask you to lie. | 那种会让自己儿子撒谎的人 |
[14:29] | Artie Mock. | 艾尔特・默克 |
[14:31] | “Multiple arrests for assault, battery,” | “涉嫌袭击 斗殴 恶性斗殴” |
[14:34] | battery with injury. | 而多次受拘捕 |
[14:36] | And today, aggravated assault against a police officer. | 今天再加一条 恶性袭警 |
[14:38] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:40] | Did I hurt you? | 你受伤了吗 |
[14:41] | It was just a mattress. | 只是个床垫而已 |
[14:43] | Now what’s your relationship with Henry Dahl? | 你和亨利・达尔什么关系 |
[14:46] | Friends. | 朋友关系 |
[14:48] | We met in junior college. | 上专科的时候认识的 |
[14:50] | We were art majors. | 我们都是艺术生 |
[14:52] | – Why’d you break into his room? – I was looking for my money. | -闯入他房间做什么 -拿回我的钱 |
[14:55] | He owes me 22 large, plus nine years’ interest. | 他欠我两万二 外加九年利息 |
[15:00] | Where were you last night? | 昨晚你在哪里 |
[15:02] | Last night? | 昨晚 |
[15:04] | I was working graveyard at the plant. | 在工厂的垃圾场上班 |
[15:06] | And, no, I didn’t kill him. | 还有 他不是我杀的 |
[15:08] | I mean, now I ain’t ever gonna see what’s mine. | 他死了 我就永远拿不回我的钱了 |
[15:11] | What did Dahl owe you for? | 达尔欠你什么 |
[15:13] | Statute of limitations on drug dealing is what, six years? | 贩毒的有效起诉时间 是六年吗? |
[15:16] | Six years. | 是六年 |
[15:18] | In that case, Henry and I ran a small business in college. | 那我交代 亨利和我大学里做小买卖 |
[15:23] | We weren’t very good at art, | 我们没有艺术天分 |
[15:25] | so we started distributing cocaine. | 所以就卖可卡因为生 |
[15:29] | – That’s a natural transition. – That’s what we said. | -行行出状元嘛 -我们也这么想 |
[15:32] | No, Henry was storing a shipment, | 亨利刚进了一批货 |
[15:34] | and he gets popped for murder. | 就因涉嫌谋杀入狱 |
[15:35] | 2 kilos. | 有2公斤啊 |
[15:37] | I visited him in prison, and he tells me | 我去监狱看他 他告诉我 |
[15:39] | that the stash gets confiscated, so I let it go. | 那批货被缴了 所以我也没放心上 |
[15:42] | But then the day that Henry gets out of prison, | 但等到他出狱的那天 |
[15:43] | he starts flossing about taking his girlfriend to Jamaica, | 他大肆炫耀说 要带女友去牙买加玩 |
[15:46] | So I’m thinking he’s still got those drugs hidden. | 因此我就怀疑他私藏了那批货 |
[15:49] | His girl? | 他女友? |
[15:51] | Henry’d been out for two days. When did he find a girlfriend? | 亨利出狱才两天 这么快把到妹 |
[15:53] | She found him, in prison. | 是女追男 服刑时的事 |
[15:56] | They were pen pals. | 他们互通邮件 |
[15:59] | According to Del Norte, | 据德尔诺特监狱消息 |
[16:00] | Henry Dahl had just one name on his approved e-mail list– | 亨利・达尔的邮箱有女人的来信 |
[16:03] | a woman named Betsy Meyers | 名叫贝斯蒂・梅尔斯 |
[16:04] | from Lodi, his hometown. | 是他老乡 洛代人 |
[16:06] | Lodi–yeah, I was just there today. | 洛代 我刚才还在那里 |
[16:08] | Long drive. Hot. | 开了好久车 热死了 |
[16:11] | She and Dahl had a thing going in high school. | 她和达尔高中时谈过恋爱 |
[16:13] | She reached out to him two months ago, | 两个月前联系到达尔 |
[16:15] | rekindled their romance. | 他们旧情复燃 |
[16:16] | – But there’s just one problem. – Betsy’s married? | -但另有个问题 -贝斯蒂已婚? |
[16:19] | Yes, to a Sean Meyers. | 正是 丈夫肖恩・梅尔斯 |
[16:20] | He’s a factory worker. | 一名工厂工人 |
[16:21] | They’ve been together for seven years. | 他们结婚已有七年 |
[16:22] | Somebody should question him. | 得派人找他来谈谈 |
[16:24] | Agreed. Someone who hasn’t been to Lodi yet. | 同意 派个没去过洛代的人 |
[16:27] | I want to see how willingly they come to us. | 我想知道他们是否愿意过来 |
[16:29] | Let’s call them in in the morning. | 明早打电话给他们 |
[16:30] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[16:31] | there’s no shortage of suspects who hated Henry Dahl. | 对亨利・达尔恨之入骨的嫌疑人还有很多 |
[16:34] | 23 people threatened his life during his murder trial, | 在谋杀案审判中 23人曾恐吓亨利 |
[16:37] | most of which were friends or family of the alleged victim. | 其中大多数为受害者的家人及亲属 |
[16:40] | Here’s a list of those names, courtesy of our | 托电视台克劳斯小姐的福 |
[16:42] | cable television friend, Miss Cross. | 这里有份全名单 |
[16:46] | We got a lot of eyes on us on this one. | 这案子在媒体的风口浪尖上 |
[16:48] | I want you to stay late and run down these names. | 我要你们加班加点 排查完名单上的人 |
[17:06] | Bravo. | 精彩 |
[17:15] | I had a feeling I’d see you again. | 我预感会再见到你 |
[17:17] | Takes a confident man to visit a shooting range | 一个谋杀嫌疑人 来靶场练习射击 |
[17:20] | when he’s still a murder suspect. | 真是沉得住气啊 |
[17:22] | Or an innocent one. | 嫌疑人也可以是清白的 |
[17:23] | I never got your name. | 我还不知道你的名字 |
[17:24] | – I’m sorry? – Never got your name. | -什么 -你的名字是 |
[17:25] | Patrick Jane. | 派翠克・简 |
[17:27] | What kind of gun do you use, Patrick? | 你用什么枪 派翠克 |
[17:28] | – No. I don’t use. – No? That’s, | -不 我不用枪 -不用? |
[17:31] | a little strange for a policeman, isn’t it? | 警察不用枪 说来怪事一桩 |
[17:33] | Me, I like a well-balanced .45– | 我喜欢平衡型 点45口径手枪 |
[17:35] | Best combination of power, accuracy, and kick. | 火力 精确度 力道的完美结合 |
[17:40] | Careful. Watch the muzzle sweep. | 当心 枪口别乱指人 |
[17:44] | You never point at anything you don’t want to shoot. | 在确定射击前 枪口不能乱指 |
[18:00] | How can I help you, Patrick? | 找我何事 派翠克 |
[18:01] | I’m just curious to hear how you did it. | 我好奇 想听听你是怎么做到的 |
[18:06] | How I did what? | 做什么 |
[18:07] | Forgave your wife’s killer. | 宽恕杀害你妻子的凶手 |
[18:09] | So you believe me now. | 你终于相信我是清白的 |
[18:11] | I wouldn’t get carried away, | 这我还不能肯定 |
[18:12] | but I did find out that you’ve become quite the, | 但我确实发现你已经成为一个 |
[18:15] | evangelist for reconciliation, corporate talks and all. | 宽大为怀 四处扬善的布道士 |
[18:19] | You know why I came here in the first place? | 知道我当初为什么来这里吗 |
[18:21] | I manage real estate funds. | 我是搞房地产基金的 |
[18:22] | I never touched a weapon in my life. | 一生从未碰过枪 |
[18:26] | But then Jennie was butchered, and I needed a release. | 自珍妮被杀后 我需要释放 |
[18:30] | At first, I pretended the targets were Henry Dahl, | 起初 我将靶子看作亨利・达尔 |
[18:33] | and now, they’re just targets. | 但现在 靶子就是靶子 |
[18:37] | It’s a discipline. Very zen. | 这是我的释怀方法 禅宗思想 |
[18:39] | You found the gift of forgiveness through firearms. | 你通过射击找到了宽恕之道 |
[18:42] | Yeah, shooting helped me cope. | 射击帮了我大忙 |
[18:44] | My son led me to forgiveness. | 儿子也引导我走向宽恕之路 |
[18:45] | All this rage inside me, that lust for vengeance– | 我心里的忿怒 复仇的欲望 |
[18:49] | I could see I was scaring Jackson. | 我能感到自己会吓到杰克森 |
[18:52] | I didn’t want to lose him, too. | 我不想连他也失去 |
[18:53] | Lo and behold, Henry Dahl was exonerated, | 没想到亨利・达尔真的被判无罪释放 |
[18:56] | like a sign from above. | 就像是上天的旨意 |
[18:57] | Yes. Exactly. I just wish I had forgiven him sooner. | 正是如此 我真希望自己能早些宽恕他 |
[19:01] | Do you have children, Patrick? | 有孩子吗 派翠克 |
[19:04] | No. | 没有 |
[19:15] | Try it. | 试一把 |
[19:18] | No better pain relief. | 释放苦痛的感觉好极了 |
[19:23] | I’m not in pain. | 我不痛苦 |
[19:24] | No? | 没有吗 |
[19:26] | I sense pain. | 但我感觉到了 |
[19:27] | It’s nothing a gun will fix. | 那是小小一把枪不能平复的 |
[19:30] | By the way, I don’t own a gun. | 顺便说一声 我自己没有枪 |
[19:33] | I just rent them while I’m here. | 这里练习时租的 |
[19:35] | And I was with my son, at home, at the time of the murder. | 如果你要问我的话 案发当时 |
[19:38] | Just… in case you’re interested. | 我在家陪儿子 |
[19:43] | It’s gonna get loud. | 开枪时 声音大 |
[19:47] | I’ll just step back here. | 我退到后面 |
[19:53] | Henry had a beautiful spirit. | 亨利为人善良 |
[19:56] | That whole bad boy thing– | 他那为非作歹的样子 |
[19:58] | that was always just an act. | 其实只是他装的 |
[20:01] | He even wanted to try acting when he got out of prison. | 出狱后 他想过当演员 |
[20:04] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[20:05] | He told me… in his e-mails. | 是他在邮件中告诉我 |
[20:09] | Did you know that your wife was exchanging e-mails | 你知道你妻子和一个被判刑的杀人犯 |
[20:12] | with a convicted felon? | 相互通信吗 |
[20:13] | Yeah, I was taking dictation for her. | 莫非你以为 她边说我边帮她打字吗 |
[20:16] | What do you think? No. | 当然不知道 |
[20:18] | Betsy, according to the prison, | 贝斯蒂 据监狱记录 |
[20:19] | you’d been writing Henry for two months. | 你和亨利通信 有两个月 |
[20:21] | Why’d you reach out to him? | 你为什么跟他联系 |
[20:23] | Yeah, why did you? | 是啊 为什么 |
[20:26] | You’ve had a first love, right? | 你也有过初恋吧 |
[20:28] | You know that feeling? | 你知道那种感觉吧 |
[20:30] | It never really goes away, | 从来没有真正消失过 |
[20:32] | not totally. | 没有完全消失 |
[20:35] | I never thought that Henry killed anyone, | 我根本不相信亨利真的杀了人 |
[20:37] | and when I read that there was new D.N.A. evidence, | 当我得知有了新的DNA证据 |
[20:39] | I just wanted to say “Woot, woot,” You know, | 我只想说 太好了 |
[20:42] | as a friend. | 作为朋友而已 |
[20:45] | Does this sound like friends? | 这个听起来只是朋友吗 |
[20:47] | “Dear Henry, wild thoughts in my head.” | “亲爱的亨利 我现在满脑子疯狂想法” |
[20:50] | “I know I shouldn’t wonder what your body feels like now,” | “我知道我不该想象现在你身体的触感” |
[20:53] | – “but it’s all I”– – Okay, stop. All right? | -“但这是我…” -够了 |
[20:56] | Why are you doing this to me? | 你为什么要这样对我 |
[20:58] | My husband is sitting right here. | 我的丈夫还坐在旁边 |
[21:02] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[21:04] | I’m so sorry. | 我真的对不起你 |
[21:06] | She is so full of it. | 她满口的谎言 |
[21:08] | What? She wrote some stuff to a guy. | 怎么了 她只是给一个男人写了些信 |
[21:11] | There’s worse crimes. | 这算不上什么犯罪 |
[21:12] | Betsy, tell me the truth. | 贝斯蒂 跟我们说实话 |
[21:13] | You heard. She’s in love with him. | 你听到了 她爱那个男人 |
[21:15] | No, that’s not true. | 不 不是这样的 |
[21:19] | I really just started writing him as a friend. | 我刚开始真是作为朋友给他写信 |
[21:23] | We were arguing so much. | 后来我们俩老是吵架 |
[21:26] | And he knew me so well. | 他又那么了解我 |
[21:28] | He started saying all the things to me | 他跟我说的那些话 |
[21:30] | that you stopped saying years ago. | 你在几年前就不跟我说了 |
[21:35] | Did you have any contact with him after he was released? | 他被释放后你和他有联系吗 |
[21:37] | No. Only in e-mails. | 没有 只是写邮件而已 |
[21:40] | Betsy, we showed a photo of you to the manager | 贝斯蒂 我们把你的照片 |
[21:43] | of the halfway house Henry was living in. | 给亨利所住中途旅馆的经理看了 |
[21:45] | He identified you as the woman | 他指认你在他释放的第二天 |
[21:47] | who visited Henry the day after his release. | 就到过他的房间 |
[21:51] | You slept with him? | 你和他睡过吗 |
[21:54] | Oh, hush. | 别出声 |
[21:55] | I didn’t say anything. | 我还什么都没说呢 |
[21:58] | What is this, marriage counsel? | 怎么回事 这是婚姻咨询吗 |
[22:00] | They’re suspects in the shooting. | 这是枪击案的嫌疑人 |
[22:02] | These two? | 这俩人 |
[22:03] | Really? | 是吗 |
[22:08] | Can I see your gun? | 我能看看你的枪吗 |
[22:11] | Where were the two of you at 1:00 a.m.? | 你们俩凌晨一点的时候在哪儿 |
[22:12] | Drinking beers at the Lamplighter. | 我们在点灯人酒吧喝啤酒 |
[22:15] | Hi. Patrick Jane. | 你们好 我叫派翠克・简 |
[22:17] | Very nice to meet you. Hold that, please. | 很高兴见到你们 请拿着这个 |
[22:18] | – Okay. – What? | -很好 -搞什么 |
[22:19] | – Sorry. Here. – What the hell are you doing?! | -抱歉 你拿 -你在搞什么鬼 |
[22:22] | It’s okay. Rigsby took the bullets out. | 没事儿的 瑞斯比已经把子弹退出来了 |
[22:23] | Muzzle sweeps. They have no idea how to handle a gun. | 这是空膛 他们根本不知道怎么拿枪 |
[22:27] | Give me a break. | 我休息一会儿 |
[22:27] | Van Pelt, run down Betsy and Sean’s alibis. | 范佩尔 追查贝斯蒂和肖恩的不在场证词 |
[22:31] | You, outside! | 你 给我出去 |
[22:33] | – Excuse me. – Now. | -失陪了 -快点 |
[22:37] | So you’re a gun expert now? | 你现在又成了枪支专家吗 |
[22:39] | No, not me. Max Winter. | 不是我 是麦克斯・温特 |
[22:41] | You should see him shoot. | 你应该去看看他射击的样子 |
[22:42] | – Did he shoot Dahl? – What caliber was the murder weapon? | -是他杀了达尔 -凶器的口径多少 |
[22:44] | – 9 millimeter. – Yeah, Max prefers a .45. | -9毫米 -麦克斯喜欢用点45口径的 |
[22:46] | Oh, shucks. I guess he’s innocent. | 太好了 那他就是无辜的咯 |
[22:49] | Here’s a revised suspect list. Max is still on it. | 这是更正的嫌疑人名单 麦克斯仍然在列 |
[22:51] | And I hope you got some sleep last night, | 但愿你昨晚睡了会儿 |
[22:53] | because we’re going to Lodi to run interviews. | 因为我们现在要到洛代市做笔录了 |
[22:56] | I just got back from Lodi. | 我才刚从洛代回来 |
[22:57] | Van leaves in 20 minutes. Be outside. | 20分钟后就要出发了 你抓紧出来 |
[23:06] | Patrick Jane. | 派翠克・简 |
[23:06] | I didn’t recognize you yesterday at the crime scene. | 昨天在犯罪现场我没认出你来 |
[23:09] | You were quite the psychic once. | 你以前是个不错的灵媒 |
[23:11] | Oh, there’s no such thing as psychics. | 根本没有灵媒这一说法 |
[23:12] | So you say now. | 你现在当然这么说 |
[23:15] | Your cold reading of | 你在电视上不知天高地厚地 |
[23:16] | a serial killer on live television | 分析那个连环杀手 |
[23:17] | led to the brutal murder of your wife and daughter. | 才导致你的妻儿被残忍杀害 |
[23:19] | Oh. Really? Thanks for reminding me. | 是吗 多谢你提醒了我 |
[23:22] | Mr. Jane, I am on your side. | 简先生 我很支持你 |
[23:24] | You were a victim of violent crime, | 你曾经是血案的受害者 |
[23:26] | and now you help others. That’s wonderful. | 现在你帮助别人 这非常好 |
[23:28] | Don’t tell me you don’t have the psychic stuff. | 千万别说你没用那些灵媒的招数 |
[23:31] | What are you doing for the CBI if you’re not psychic? | 你要不是灵媒 能帮加调局做什么呢 |
[23:33] | Are you scamming them, Mr. Jane? | 你靠欺诈吗 简先生 |
[23:35] | No, Karen, I am not. | 不 凯伦 我没有 |
[23:37] | Well, prove it. Identify Dahl’s killer. | 那就证明给我看 找出杀害达尔的凶手 |
[23:42] | Well, if I had carte blanche to do things my way, | 要是我能自己全权办案 |
[23:45] | I would do just that, but they don’t give me carte blanche. | 我会找出来的 但他们不会允许 |
[23:47] | The CBI won’t, but I will. Deputy? | 加调局不允许 我允许 警官 |
[23:52] | You’ve been served. | 你被传讯了 |
[23:53] | You are hereby commanded | 在此你被要求 |
[23:54] | to testify before a studio audience of your peers. | 在演播室里出庭作证 观众可任你选 |
[23:57] | What do you need to solve this crime? | 你需要我们怎么协助你破案 |
[23:59] | Name it. | 说吧 |
[24:02] | Well, I suppose, uh… | 我想想 |
[24:04] | I need the help of those that are affected by Dahl’s murder. | 我需要与达尔一案的相关人等 |
[24:07] | Those two you had on your show yesterday would do. | 就是昨天你节目上那俩人就可以 |
[24:10] | I’ll bring them back. | 我把他们叫回来 |
[24:12] | And, uh, | 还有 |
[24:13] | I guess, uh, I need suspects. | 我看看 几个嫌疑人 |
[24:16] | Yeah. Make sure these people are in the audience. | 把这些人都安排到观众席里 |
[24:19] | Give ’em an appearance fee, whatever it takes. | 需要的话 给他们点出场费 |
[24:33] | Beats driving back to Lodi. | 这总好过再去洛代吧 |
[24:43] | You saw him here first– the sleeping CBI agent. | 您对他的第一印象 是贪睡的加调局探员 |
[24:48] | Well, get ready to meet him. | 现在让我们真正了解他吧 |
[24:51] | Patrick Jane–psychic detective? | 派翠克・简 是灵媒警探 |
[24:53] | Tragic victim? | 还是悲剧的受害者 |
[24:55] | You be the judge today at 3:00, | 今日三点您来评判 |
[24:56] | when Mr. Jane taps his mind’s eye | 简先生将打开他的心灵之眼 |
[24:58] | to reveal who killed Henry Dahl. | 揭露杀害亨利・达尔的凶手 |
[25:03] | Well, where is he? | 他人在哪儿 |
[25:06] | We’re five minutes to air. | 还有五分钟就要开拍 |
[25:07] | Without him, it’s just a rehash of yesterday’s show. | 没有他 我们只能复播昨天的节目 |
[25:09] | I’ve left messages everywhere. | 我到处都留话了 |
[25:12] | Oh. Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉来晚了 |
[25:13] | I had to stop by a bed and bath boutique. | 我在一个床浴精品店耽搁了 |
[25:16] | Mr. Jane, | 简先生 |
[25:17] | there is a reason that I asked you to arrive two hours early. | 我请你提前两小时来是有原因的 |
[25:19] | I need to walk you through the lineup. | 我得陪你过一下流程 |
[25:20] | Are all my suspects here? | 所有的嫌疑人都来了吗 |
[25:22] | Yeah, they’re in the first two rows. | 来了 在前两排坐着 |
[25:23] | Now the lineup–I’ll start with my state of the union, | 流程是这样的 我先说我的开场白 |
[25:26] | – and then we’re just gonna roll a clip to introduce you. – A clip? | -然后我们放一段你的介绍视频 -视频 |
[25:28] | Uh, y–well, just some old footage. | 是的 一些过去的片段而已 |
[25:31] | My Red John talk show appearance. | 是我的血腥约翰脱口秀片段 |
[25:33] | Oh, no, just save–save your reaction for on-air. | 等 等到拍摄的时候再回应我吧 |
[25:35] | I really want you to relive the moment– | 我很希望你能回忆一下当时的场景 |
[25:36] | Excuse me, Karen. I gotta hand out candles. | 抱歉 凯伦 我得去发蜡烛了 |
[25:38] | Candles? Wait. What–what candles? | 蜡烛 等等 什么蜡烛 |
[25:41] | Hey, folks. | 大家好 |
[25:42] | I hope Lodi is treating you well. | 希望你们在洛代过得愉快 |
[25:44] | A little treat from Karen Cross. | 这是凯伦・克劳斯给你们的一点小礼物 |
[25:46] | Hand them out. One each. | 发出去 一人一个 |
[25:49] | Here you go. Pass that back to him, please. Thank you. | 给你 请把那个传给他 谢谢 |
[25:52] | Ah, Jackson. | 杰克森 |
[25:55] | Here to see the old man again, are you? Here. | 又来看你老爸了吧 给你 |
[25:58] | A candle. | 蜡烛一个 |
[26:00] | We need you onstage now. | 我们需要你上台 |
[26:02] | I have to hand these out. They’re for my act. | 我得把这些蜡烛发出去 拍摄需要 |
[26:04] | Unless, uh, what are you doing? | 除非 你有事儿吗 |
[26:07] | Everybody must have one. | 每人都得拿一个 |
[26:09] | Okay? I need these. Thank you. | 行吗 这些我拿走 谢谢 |
[26:15] | – Patrick – Max. | -派翠克 -麦克斯 |
[26:31] | You’ve probably read stories | 也许你读过一些故事 |
[26:34] | about psychics who help the police solve murder cases. | 讲述那些帮助警方破案的灵媒 |
[26:37] | Well, today, we’re gonna take a peek behind | 今天 我们要在这揭开这神秘面纱 |
[26:40] | the mystic’s veil | 一探究竟 |
[26:41] | to see how that’s done. | 看看他们是如何做到的 |
[26:43] | To introduce our featured guest, | 为了介绍我们的特约嘉宾 |
[26:45] | we have a dramatic video clip of his last talk show. | 我们准备了一段他以前脱口秀的节目片段 |
[26:49] | Uh, Karen, sorry to interrupt. | 凯伦 很抱歉打断你 |
[26:51] | Uh, Mr. Jane, I’ll get to you in a minute. | 简先生 我一会儿会访问你 |
[26:52] | Could you please sit down? | 你坐下好吗 |
[26:54] | You–you–you wanted to tell me something about the lineup. | 你 你刚才说要告诉我流程的事儿 |
[26:56] | I forget. The lineup– did you tell me? | 我忘了 流程 你告诉我了吗 |
[27:00] | The lineup, I forget. Forget the lineup. | 流程 我忘了 忘了流程 |
[27:04] | What is the lineup? | 流程是什么来着 |
[27:06] | Let me remind you. Ladies and gentlemen, | 我来给你点提示 女士们先生们 |
[27:08] | it is time to unmask the shooter. | 该揭露凶手了 |
[27:11] | What you have all just witnessed | 大家看到的就是 |
[27:13] | is a remarkable piece of mental tomfoolery | 我们的嘉宾 鼎鼎大名的灵媒派翠克・简 |
[27:17] | from our psychic guest star, Patrick Jane. | 他一贯都是自作主张 |
[27:20] | However, this is not Mr. Jane’s show, | 可惜这不是简先生的节目 |
[27:23] | so I’m gonna ask Mr. Jane again to please sit down. | 因此我再次要求简先生坐下 |
[27:26] | I’m sorry. I forget. Whose show is it? | 抱歉我忘了是谁的节目 |
[27:28] | Whose show? I forget. | 是谁的来着 不记得了 |
[27:29] | I forget whose show. Forget whose… | 我记不清了 是谁的 |
[27:31] | W-will you stop doing that? You are a guest here. | 能消停会不 你只是嘉宾 |
[27:34] | Well, actually, no. I was, uh, summoned. | 实际上我是高层委派来的 |
[27:37] | Are you sure this is how you want to play it? | 你真的要这么瞎折腾 |
[27:39] | You really wanna make yourself a sorrier spectacle? | 把自己弄得像个无耻跳梁小丑 |
[27:42] | Oh, is there anyone more sorry than you, Karen, | 你如此病态地追踪 爆炸消息和丑闻 |
[27:44] | with your morbid interest in all things shocking or repulsive? | 无耻超出我辈多矣 凯伦 |
[27:47] | You pretend to be a victim’s advocate, but you’re a vulture, | 看似同情苦主 实则贪婪不已 |
[27:50] | preying on the carrion of human suffering. | 将自我成功立于他人苦难之上 |
[27:53] | Are you gonna give me that carte blanche | 你到底要不要按之前承诺的 |
[27:54] | you promised me or not? | 把舞台交给我 |
[27:55] | Yeah, buddy, go. | 上啊 伙计 |
[27:56] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[27:58] | You gonna give me that carte blanche? | 舞台现在归我了吧 |
[28:02] | I feel like getting me some carte blanche. | 我等不及开场了 |
[28:04] | Okay, Mr. Jane, let the psychic wonders unfurl. | 好吧简先生 开始这个”灵媒奇迹”吧 |
[28:10] | There’s no such thing as psychics, Karen, | 世间没有灵媒这码事 凯伦 |
[28:14] | only entertainers skilled in the art of deception. | 不过是套上表演外衣的骗局 |
[28:17] | But I’m happy to, uh, | 但我很高兴 |
[28:19] | perform a psychic “demonstration.” | 为大家秀一把”灵媒” |
[28:23] | Usually begins with a fantastic claim | 一般要用强有力的结论开场 |
[28:26] | such as Henry Dahl’s killer | 比如 杀害亨利・达尔的凶手 |
[28:29] | is sitting in this room right now. | 现在就坐在这里 |
[28:33] | And then, uh, any good psychic would make sure | 当然一名优秀的灵媒也要确保 |
[28:36] | that the front row is full of actual police suspects, | 警方的嫌疑人们 都已经坐在观众席前排了 |
[28:39] | which I believe that we have done for you today. | 这是我们事先安排好的 |
[28:42] | Then he might go on and explain | 然后他会继续解释 |
[28:44] | how, uh, a-a spirit that has crossed over | 穿行其间的受害人的灵魂 |
[28:47] | still has the power to manipulate energy in our world. | 会如何利用能量 与我们进行交流 |
[28:52] | Creating noises, moving objects, | 比如制造声响 移动物体 |
[28:54] | and sometimes even starting fires, | 甚至会点燃火焰 |
[28:57] | and that is what Henry Dahl is gonna do for us right now. | 亨利・达尔就会这样做 |
[29:01] | Henry Dahl will light a candle | 亨利・达尔将点燃一支蜡烛 |
[29:04] | to reveal his shooter. | 以指认凶手 |
[29:09] | Dim the lights, please. | 请调暗灯光 |
[29:11] | Oh, I can’t wait for this. | 我已经迫不及待了 |
[29:12] | That’s the spirit. That’s your candle. | 这么急切就对了 拿着你的蜡烛 |
[29:14] | Oh. There is one other thing. | 还有一点 |
[29:15] | A truly world-class psychic would | 真正世界级的灵媒 |
[29:17] | invite police officials up on the stage | 会请上警官 |
[29:19] | to make an arrest | 以便凶手暴露后 |
[29:21] | once the killer has been unmasked. | 上前捉拿 |
[29:23] | And today, we are very fortunate to have some, | 今天我们有幸请来 |
[29:25] | uh, conveniently telegenic CBI officers. | 几位加调局警官上台 |
[29:28] | Uh, agent Wayne Rigsby, | 他们是探员韦恩・瑞斯比 |
[29:30] | and the pocket rocket, the dynamite, heavily armed, | 以及性格泼辣 全副武装 |
[29:34] | cute as a button agent Teresa Lisbon. | 貌美如花的 特蕾莎・里斯本探员 |
[29:36] | Ladies and gentlemen, a round of applause. | 女士们先生们 掌声欢迎 |
[29:43] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[29:44] | please, raise your candles high above your heads | 请将手中蜡烛举过头顶 |
[29:48] | while we wait for henry dahl to reveal his shooter. | 等待亨利・达尔指认凶手 |
[29:55] | Speak to us, henry. | 回应我们吧 亨利 |
[29:58] | Speak to us from beyond | 请从灵界 |
[30:00] | the great beyond. | 回应我们的呼唤 |
[30:13] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[30:27] | Wait. | 等等 |
[30:28] | Jackson Winter, of course. | 杰克森・温特 必然是你 |
[30:32] | Uh, you think it was me? | 你认为我是凶手 |
[30:33] | Henry Dahl was convicted of killing your mother, | 亨利・达尔被判杀害你母亲 |
[30:35] | but you didn’t buy the DNA test that | DNA测试使他脱罪释放 |
[30:37] | set him free, did you? | 你却不信这一套 |
[30:39] | What are you doing? | 你耍什么花招 |
[30:40] | Of course he didn’t believe the DNA. | 他当然不相信DNA测试了 |
[30:42] | I presented an iron clad case. | 我起诉此案时 就早有定论了 |
[30:45] | And the owner of a certain firing range I visited | 我去的那家射击场老板 告诉我 |
[30:48] | tells me that Jackson, in fact, does like to shoot guns. | 杰克森实际上很喜欢射击 |
[30:52] | Prefers a 9 millimeter, | 尤其喜欢9毫米口径枪 |
[30:54] | same caliber as the murder weapon. | 这与凶器口径相同 |
[30:56] | Look… I didn’t shoot anyone, okay? Dad– | 我没有杀人 老爸 |
[30:59] | What’s more, forensics matched red fibers from the murder scene | 更有甚者 犯罪现场残留的红色纤维 |
[31:03] | with carpet fibers from the firing range. | 与射击场地毯上的纤维相符合 |
[31:05] | Stop it. You stop this. | 闭嘴 别再说了 |
[31:07] | My son didn’t do anything. | 我儿子什么都没做 |
[31:09] | Casting blame on him like this–it’ll ruin his life. | 你这样肆意污蔑会毁了他的一生的 |
[31:12] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:13] | Then don’t do it. | 知道还这么做 |
[31:15] | Don’t let me. | 你逼我的 |
[31:18] | All right. You leave him alone. | 好吧 你放过他 |
[31:21] | It was me. | 是我 |
[31:23] | I shot Henry Dahl. | 是我枪击的亨利・达尔 |
[31:27] | Or he is just lying to protect his son. | 他可能只是扯谎保护自己儿子 |
[31:30] | – Agents, arrest him. – I’m not lying. | -探员 该抓他 -我没扯谎 |
[31:32] | He’s not lying. His son told me. | 他没撒谎 他儿子都告诉我了 |
[31:37] | What are you talking about? No, I didn’t. | 你在说什么 我才没告诉你 |
[31:39] | Epoxy takes 12 hours to cure. | 环氧胶需晾12小时才能粘合 |
[31:42] | Yesterday you told me that | 昨天你告诉我 |
[31:44] | that model only needed two more hours. | 那个模型只需再晾两小时 |
[31:46] | That puts you working in the garage | 也就是说你从昨天深夜开始 |
[31:47] | in the middle of the night. | 就一直在车库中做模型 |
[31:48] | Your son wasn’t asleep. | 你儿子彻夜未眠 |
[31:49] | He heard you leaving. | 他听到你出门 |
[31:50] | That’s why he wanted to protect you, right? | 所以才会想着帮你打掩护 |
[31:52] | All right, let him be. | 管他呢 |
[31:58] | I pulled the trigger, | 是我开的枪 |
[32:00] | and I can prove it. | 我能证明 |
[32:11] | You’ll find his prints on the gun. | 枪上有指纹 |
[32:13] | Ballistics will match the casings. | 弹道也相符合 |
[32:15] | How did you obtain it? | 枪从哪里来了 |
[32:17] | Gun trafficker eight years ago. | 八年前从黑市上买来的 |
[32:19] | You purchased an illegal weapon eight years ago. Why? | 为什么八年前要买一把非法枪支 |
[32:23] | Dahl was a lifer in a state pen. | 达尔可是要在监狱服无期徒刑的 |
[32:25] | You had no way of knowing he’d get out. | 你根本不知道他会被释放 |
[32:31] | Oh, you wanna stop talking now? That’s fine. | 你想保持沉默了 那好 |
[32:33] | All bets are off. | 所有条件取消 |
[32:35] | We’re gonna take you and your son into custody. | 我们将逮捕你跟你儿子 |
[32:37] | No, j-just… Just wait. | 不 先等等 |
[32:43] | I knew henry was gonna get out | 我之所以知道亨利会被释放 |
[32:46] | because I’m the one who set him free. | 因为是我设计将他放出来的 |
[32:50] | How’d you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[32:51] | Well, he’s a man of infinite patience | 他这个人相当有耐性 |
[32:54] | and suppressed rage. | 而且城府极深 |
[32:56] | His wife’s killer had to die by his own hand. | 一定会亲手解决杀妻凶手 |
[32:59] | He had no choice. | 他别无选择 |
[33:02] | Okay, you’re gonna have to help me out a little bit. | 你得再解释地清楚点 |
[33:04] | How did you set Dahl free? | 你怎么让达尔释放的 |
[33:06] | I’m a fund manager at a real estate investment firm. | 我是一家房地产投资工资的基金管理人 |
[33:08] | I used one fund to buy up old warehouses, | 我用其中一些基金买下一间旧仓库 |
[33:11] | safe investment, convert ’em into condos. | 做为稳妥投资 并改造成公寓大楼 |
[33:14] | And that’s how my firm came to own a certain bay area warehouse | 所以我们公司在海湾拥有 |
[33:17] | used for evidence storage. | 曾用做物证仓库的地产 |
[33:19] | Including DNA. | 仓库里有DNA样本 |
[33:20] | It took six months to pull the condo permits. | 我们花了六个月申请公寓修建许可 |
[33:22] | I used that time to gain access to the property | 我利用这段时间潜入仓库 |
[33:25] | and I swapped out Dahl’s DNA Sample. | 换出达尔的DNA标本 |
[33:27] | Dahl passes retest. You kill dahl. | 达尔通过重测释放 你杀死了达尔 |
[33:31] | You should sell the book rights. | 你真该去写小说 |
[33:32] | Hold on. My client never said he killed Henry Dahl. | 稍等 我的当事人并未承认杀害亨利・达尔 |
[33:34] | Your client confessed on basic cable. | 他的认罪过程已经被监控录下来了 |
[33:36] | To shooting Dahl. | 我只承认了枪击达尔 |
[33:38] | Hello. | 正戏来了 |
[33:40] | I shot that piece of filth. | 我确实向那畜生开了枪 |
[33:42] | I shot him right in the face. | 狠狠的爆了他的头 |
[33:46] | But I didn’t kill Henry Dahl. | 但我没有杀害亨利・达尔 |
[33:49] | He was already dead. | 那时他已经死了 |
[33:52] | That’s a development. | 有进展了 |
[33:54] | How do you know Dahl was dead? | 你怎么知道达尔已经死了 |
[33:56] | Back of his head was busted open. | 他的后脑砸的稀烂 |
[33:58] | He was lying in a pool of blood. | 倒在一片血污中 |
[34:00] | Maybe he was still breathing. | 说不定还有口气 |
[34:01] | No. I checked for a pulse. | 不可能 我摸了脉搏 |
[34:04] | I don’t buy it. | 鬼才信你 |
[34:06] | If you knew dahl was dead, | 知道达尔已死 |
[34:07] | why’d you shoot him nine times? | 为什么还要向他开了九枪 |
[34:17] | Because he murdered my wife. | 因为他杀了我妻子 |
[34:22] | What? | 怎么了 |
[34:27] | He’s telling the truth. | 他说的是真话 |
[34:30] | With no head left to speak of, | 反正已经死无对证 |
[34:32] | the coroner can’t make a definitely call, | 验尸官也无法确认 |
[34:34] | but he did say there was less blood loss than expected, | 但他确实说过失血量要比预期少 |
[34:36] | which supports postmortem gunshots. | 也就证明了是死后遭遇枪击 |
[34:38] | Oh, in that case… | 如果这样的话 |
[34:40] | Let’s go pick out the actual killer, shall we? | 我们去抓真正的凶手吧 好吗 |
[34:44] | It’s kind of obvious now, isn’t it? | 事实已经相当明显了 不是吗 |
[34:46] | I mean, shooting is a crime of planning. That’s Max. | 枪击是有计划的 这是麦克斯的风格 |
[34:48] | He built an entire fleet of planes with his hands. | 他都能亲手组装一整队的飞机模型 |
[34:53] | – But a blow to the head? – Crime of passion. | -但打爆人家的头 -是一时冲动 |
[34:56] | A lot of emotions were flying | 昨天那审讯室里 |
[34:57] | around that interrogation room yesterday. | 就是他的真情流露 |
[34:59] | The jilted husband, Sean Meyers– | 肖恩・梅尔斯 那个遭背叛的丈夫 |
[35:00] | I felt his pain. | 他看起来很痛苦 |
[35:01] | Meyers said he didn’t know his wife was having an affair with the victim. | 梅尔斯说不知道妻子和被害人有外遇 |
[35:04] | Maybe he was lying. | 说不定他是在说谎 |
[35:06] | What about his alibi? | 他的不在场证明怎么样 |
[35:08] | His alibi’ed out | 他的不在场证明确认了 |
[35:08] | for the 1:00 a.m. shooting | 他不可能在凌晨一点作案 |
[35:09] | but a blow to the head would have occurred earlier. | 但头部的一击应该发生得更早一点 |
[35:11] | It’s like watching a symphony orchestra come together. | 真像是看着一支交响乐队终于开始合奏了 |
[35:18] | Dead river bridge. | 死水桥到了 |
[35:23] | Sean Meyers’ cell phone server | 肖恩・梅尔斯的手机运营商 |
[35:25] | got a fix on his signal somewhere around here. | 确认了他的手机信号就在这周围 |
[35:27] | Why would he come out here? | 他来这里干什么 |
[35:28] | Van Pelt talked to the apartment manager. | 范・佩尔和公寓管理员谈过 |
[35:30] | He heard a couple fighting. | 他听见过好几次争吵 |
[35:31] | Betsy got in her car. | 然后贝斯蒂开车走了 |
[35:32] | Sean took off after her. | 肖恩紧接着也走了 |
[35:33] | She could be his next victim. | 她可能是他下一个目标 |
[35:36] | – Well, that’s one theory. – Get back! | -那只是一种猜测 -回去 |
[35:39] | – Betsy! – Stay away from me! | -贝斯蒂 -别靠近我 |
[35:43] | Okay. | 找到了 |
[35:48] | We’re with the CBI. What’s going on here? | 我们是加调局的 发生什么事了 |
[35:51] | Oh, they were up there when we arrived. | 我们到时 他们就已经在上面了 |
[35:53] | We don’t know what’s going on yet, | 我们还不知道到底怎么了 |
[35:54] | but it looks like an attempted assault. | 但看起来像是意图侵害 |
[35:57] | He’s gonna reach her soon. | 他就快要抓住她了 |
[35:59] | We may have to shoot to stop him. | 也许我们得开枪阻止他了 |
[36:03] | Get back! | 回去 |
[36:04] | Stay away from me! | 别靠近我 |
[36:12] | Betsy! | 贝斯蒂 |
[36:13] | If you shoot him, you’ll have two victims. | 如果你开枪 就会有两个被害人了 |
[36:15] | She just went up there to see about jumping. | 她上去是想跳下来自杀 |
[36:17] | He’s trying to save her. | 他是上去救他的 |
[36:20] | – Can I use that? – Sure. | -能借我用一下么 -当然可以 |
[36:26] | Sorry. Uh, Betsy? | 不好意思 贝斯蒂 |
[36:30] | If you’re gonna jump, make sure to dive, headfirst. | 如果你想死 一定要确定头先着地 |
[36:34] | Jane. | 简 |
[36:35] | From that height, you’ll just shatter bones | 从那个高度跳 你只会骨折 |
[36:37] | and suffer massive internal injuries. | 内部器官会严重受损 |
[36:39] | Make sure you dive, headfirst. | 所以确保跳下来的时候 头先着地 |
[36:46] | I just want this all to end now! | 我只想把这一切都了结了 |
[36:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:50] | What do I have to live for? | 我活着还有什么意义呢 |
[36:52] | Um, nothing. | 确实没什么意义 |
[36:54] | Your husband killed Henry dahl. He’s going to prison. | 你丈夫杀了亨利・达尔 他要进监狱了 |
[37:01] | You killed Henry? | 你杀了亨利吗 |
[37:03] | He was gonna hurt you. | 他会伤害你的 |
[37:05] | You did that for me, baby? | 你是为了我吗 宝贝 |
[37:16] | Got you. | 抓住你了 |
[37:19] | Ah, ain’t love grand? | 谁说爱情不美好 |
[37:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:25] | Yeah, she was never gonna jump anyway. | 其实无论如何她都不会跳的 |
[37:27] | She just wanted the attention. | 她只想吸引注意力而已 |
[37:34] | I found the e-mails on her laptop two weeks ago. | 我两周前在她电脑上发现了一封电子邮件 |
[37:38] | My entire world fell apart. | 我整个世界都崩塌了 |
[37:41] | I couldn’t lose Betsy. I just couldn’t. | 我不能失去贝斯蒂 我就是不能 |
[37:45] | When Henry got out of prison, | 当亨利从监狱出来 |
[37:46] | I went to the motel, but I went to talk with him. | 我去了他的旅馆 只是想和他谈谈 |
[37:50] | I’m a free man now. | 我自由了 |
[37:54] | Means free to love, too. | 意味着我也可以自由地去爱了 |
[37:56] | She’s married. | 她结婚了 |
[37:57] | I’ll share her with you. I don’t mind. | 我可以和你分享她 我不介意 |
[38:02] | You learn to share… | 你在监狱里 |
[38:04] | in lockdown. | 总是能学会分享 |
[38:05] | Where are my damn cigarettes? | 见鬼的 我的烟去哪里了 |
[38:08] | I’ll pay you. | 我可以给你钱 |
[38:10] | I’ll give you money to stay away from Betsy. | 只要你肯离开贝斯蒂我给你钱 |
[38:12] | How much? | 多少 |
[38:14] | I have $3,200 saved. | 我存了三千二百美元 |
[38:17] | I’ve got millions coming my way | 我马上就是百万富翁了 |
[38:19] | Once the state reimburses me for all that time in jail. | 一旦州政府付了误抓我的补偿款 |
[38:22] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:25] | I plan on having a little fun with your wife. | 我打算和你老婆找点小乐子 |
[38:29] | Maybe I’ll… | 也许我会 |
[38:31] | slash her throat… | 划开她的喉咙 |
[38:34] | like I did the last one. | 就像我上一次那样 |
[38:39] | Damn, where are those cigarettes? | 真见鬼 烟哪里去了 |
[38:49] | I just wanted to protect her. | 我只想保护她 |
[38:51] | This is all my fault. I’m so sorry. | 都是我的错 我对不起你 |
[38:57] | All right, time to go. | 好了 走吧 |
[39:04] | I’ll write you every day. | 我会天天给你写信的 |
[39:10] | I suppose, from your perspective, | 我猜 从你的角度看 |
[39:12] | it’s a shame that neither man will serve any real time. | 谁都不用被判蹲监狱实在是遗憾 |
[39:15] | Oh, will they not? | 谁说他们不用 |
[39:16] | Well, who knows who really killed Henry Dahl? | 谁知道是谁真正杀了亨利・达尔呢 |
[39:19] | Well, prosecution will say Sean Meyers. | 检察官会说是肖恩・梅尔斯 |
[39:21] | He struck him in the head. | 他打了他的头 |
[39:22] | Ah, but did he kill him? | 但他到底有没有杀他呢 |
[39:24] | Max may well have lied to protect himself. | 麦克斯也许是为了保护自己撒谎 |
[39:26] | Maybe Dahl was still alive. | 说不定达尔当时还活着 |
[39:28] | Max’s attorneys point the finger at Sean, | 麦克斯的律师的矛头都对准了肖恩 |
[39:30] | and Sean’s attorneys point at Max, | 肖恩的律师又将矛头指向了麦克斯 |
[39:33] | And in the end, they both walk. Yep, that could happen. | 最后他们都无罪释放 是有这个可能 |
[39:36] | Ah, maybe we could save everyone a lot of time and money | 也许现在就放他们俩走 |
[39:39] | and let ’em both walk now. | 会节省更多时间和金钱 |
[39:40] | After all, the killer did get what he deserved. | 毕竟 恶有恶报嘛 |
[39:43] | That’s common sense. | 这是常识没错 |
[39:46] | But, uh, common sense carries very little weight | 但常识 在地方检察官那里 |
[39:49] | in the D.A.’s office. | 可没有任何分量 |
[39:52] | Pity. | 真可惜 |
[39:59] | – What you doing there, rigsby? – Nothing. | -在那干什么 瑞斯比 -没什么 |
[40:02] | He’s trying to light the candle with the power of his mind. | 他在试着用自己的意念点燃蜡烛 |
[40:03] | No, I wasn’t. | 没 我没有 |
[40:04] | Is that one of those candles Jane used on the talk show? | 那是简上节目的时候用的那只蜡烛吗 |
[40:07] | Look, I know how he did that. | 我知道他怎么办到的 |
[40:08] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[40:09] | A candlewick dipped in | 磷遇到氧气就会燃烧 |
[40:10] | liquid phosphorous will spontaneously | 因此滴上液体磷的烛芯 |
[40:12] | burst into flame when it dries. The oxygen hits the phosphorous. | 就会在液体磷干了之后 遇氧自燃起来 |
[40:15] | Jane must’ve dipped the kid’s candle in the stuff | 简肯定是在把蜡烛给那孩子之前 |
[40:17] | before he gave it to him. | 就在烛芯上滴了液体磷 |
[40:18] | Now the real trick, though, | 另外 真正的关键在于 |
[40:19] | is in the timing, which jane nailed. | 把握时机 简做到了 |
[40:21] | Hey. Where are we going for lunch today? | 我们今天去哪吃饭 |
[40:23] | – Napa. – Nice. | -拿帕 -真好 |
[40:26] | Bye, guys. | 再见 男士们 |
[40:39] | Uh, excuse me, Patrick. I was looking for you. | 不好意思派翠克 我一直在找你 |
[40:41] | It seems they’re gonna drop the attempted murder charge. | 看上去他们要撤销谋杀指控了 |
[40:43] | The, uh, evidence tampering is another matter, | 篡改证据是另外的事了 |
[40:45] | but my attorney’s gonna work out a deal for probation. | 但我的律师正在帮我申请缓刑 |
[40:48] | Well, that’s– that’s very good for Jackson. | 那对杰克森很好 |
[40:50] | Yeah. I’m told that somebody high up in your office | 是 有人告诉我你们的某高层 |
[40:53] | was very influential with the D.A. | 把地区法院检察官给劝服了 |
[40:56] | Mm. Wasn’t me. Good to see you. | 可不是我 见到你真高兴 |
[40:59] | Yeah. But I brought you a gift anyway. | 我也是 我给你带了份礼物 |
[41:01] | Oh, listen, thank you, but I-I can’t– | 非常感谢你的用心 但我不能 |
[41:05] | Please? Please. | 拜托 请收下吧 |
[41:07] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:10] | – Should I open it now? – No. | -我要现在打开吗 -不用 |
[41:18] | Was it worth it? | 值得吗 |
[41:19] | Was what worth it? | 什么值得吗 |
[41:21] | The man that killed your wife no longer exists. | 杀害你妻子的凶手已经不在世上了 |
[41:24] | The time you took pursuing him, | 所有你用来设计他的时间 |
[41:27] | the pain, the sacrifice– was it worth it? | 那些痛苦 那些牺牲 都值得吗 |
[41:31] | Yes, it was. | 是的 很值得 |
[41:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |