时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on “The Mentalist”… | 《超感警探》前情提要 |
[00:02] | Listen, there’s this poker game we’ve got going on. | 我们一直都玩扑克牌 |
[00:04] | – You want in? – Maybe. When? | -想来吗 -也许吧 什么时候 |
[00:06] | Let me see– Thursday night. | 我想想 星期四晚 |
[00:07] | Ahh. You’re going to play poker. | 你要去玩扑克 |
[00:09] | Hey. Teresa. Glad you made it. | 特蕾莎 很高兴你来了 |
[00:11] | – This is district attorney Don Wolcott. – Hi. | -这位是地检官唐·沃尔科特 -您好 |
[00:13] | FBI Bureau Director Charles Bailey. | 联调局局长查尔斯·贝利 |
[00:15] | – Sir. – Senator Eileen Dawkins | -您好 -参议员艾琳·道金斯 |
[00:17] | State Senator. | 是州议员 |
[00:18] | It’s a pretty high-class crowd. | 来了这么多高层人士 |
[00:19] | I wish you would have warned me. | 你早跟我说一声就好了 |
[00:20] | Oh, I think you know this guy, right? | 我想你认识这个人 对吗 |
[00:22] | Teresa. I didn’t take you for a gambler. | 特蕾莎 我没想过你会喜欢赌博 |
[00:25] | It’s not gambling if you know you’re gonna win. | 如果知道自己赢定了 就不算是赌了 |
[00:34] | Ace of hearts. | 红心A |
[00:40] | Not me. | 不跟 |
[00:43] | Action’s on you, Judge. | 法官先生 看你的了 |
[00:47] | Well… | 那就 |
[00:49] | $500. | 五百美元 |
[00:52] | Dealer folds. | 庄家封牌 |
[00:53] | That’s $500 more to you, Bertram. | 伯特仑 比你多了五百美元 |
[00:59] | Raise it $1,000. | 加注一千 |
[01:07] | You’re bluffing. | 你在虚张声势 |
[01:10] | All in. | 全押上 |
[01:23] | I love playing with you, Gale. | 我喜欢跟你打牌 盖尔 |
[01:25] | I can read you like a kids’ book. | 看透你就跟读儿童读物一样容易 |
[01:27] | Yeah, yeah. Just pick up your chips. | 随你说 拿走你的筹码吧 |
[01:30] | “Goodnight moon.” | “晚安 月亮” |
[01:35] | I’m sorry, guys, but we caught one. | 抱歉 失陪了各位 有个案子 |
[01:37] | – Will you cash me out? – Yeah. | -能帮我兑现吗 -好的 |
[01:40] | Have fun. | 玩得愉快 |
[01:53] | There you are. | 你在这 |
[01:54] | I should come by sometime | 没尸体的时候 |
[01:55] | when there’s not a corpse here to meet us. | 我也该常来这里看看 |
[01:58] | Are you playing poker again, Lisbon? | 你又在玩扑克吗 里斯本 |
[02:00] | It’s getting the better of you. | 你被扑克打垮了 |
[02:02] | Losing money? | 输钱了 |
[02:03] | Losing skin’s more like it. | 腿毛都输光了 |
[02:04] | Bertram’s been in a bad mood. | 伯特仑状态不好 |
[02:07] | Hi. I’m Agent Lisbon with the CBI. | 你好 我是加调局的里斯本探员 |
[02:09] | Christos Papadakis. | 克里斯托·帕帕达基斯 |
[02:11] | I am dean of the university’s natural science department, | 我是校自然科学系主任 |
[02:14] | So… the museum is my responsibility. | 博物馆是由我负责的 |
[02:17] | Please follow me. | 请跟我来 |
[02:20] | I believe your team is the one | 你们就是上次调查 |
[02:22] | who investigated the death of professor Montero. | 门特洛教授遇害案的小组吧 |
[02:25] | Yeah, we were. | 是的 |
[02:27] | We have a bit of a walk. | 要走一段路 |
[02:29] | The museum labs are in the east wing of the museum. | 博物馆的实验室在东翼 |
[02:33] | What can you tell us about the victim? | 对死者的情况你有多少了解 |
[02:35] | We think it is Linda Parfrey. | 我们认为死者是琳达·帕弗瑞 |
[02:38] | You think it’s her? | 你们认为是她 |
[02:39] | Linda has been missing for some time, and… | 琳达失踪了好一阵子了 而且… |
[02:43] | Well, you’ll see. | 你们会知道的 |
[02:46] | Ah, this is the student who found Linda. | 这位是发现琳达的学生 |
[02:49] | Tell–tell them your name. | 告诉他们你的名字 |
[02:51] | Uh, Greg. Uh, Gregory Lewis. | 我叫格雷 格雷戈里·刘易斯 |
[02:54] | I found her around midnight. | 我是大约午夜的时候发现她的 |
[02:56] | Tell me what happened. | 说说事发经过 |
[02:58] | Well, by sheer luck, I-I happened upon a very nice tree shrew. | 全凭运气 我找到了一只非常好的树鼩 |
[03:01] | Um, I’ve never examined one before, | 我从未研究过树鼩 |
[03:03] | and I-I brought it in to strip the flesh off. | 就把它带回来准备把皮肉分离出去 |
[03:06] | You know, to keep the skeleton. | 就是只保留骨架 |
[03:08] | How do you do that? | 这怎么做 |
[03:09] | Oh, w-we put ’em in these tanks. | 把它们放到这些箱子里 |
[03:13] | How does that strip them of their flesh? | 怎么才能让骨架和皮肉分离开来 |
[03:15] | – Flesh-eating bugs. – Flesh-eating bugs. Right. | -食尸虫 -食尸虫 对 |
[03:18] | Right. | 没错 |
[03:20] | That’s when I found linda. | 我就是这样发现琳达的 |
[03:31] | Oh! Okay. | 没事了 |
[03:48] | Yeah, that’s Linda’s ring, all right. | 对 是琳达的戒指 |
[03:49] | So it is Linda Parfrey. | 那死者就是琳达·帕弗瑞 |
[03:51] | Why dump a body into a beetle tank? | 为何要弃尸于虫箱里 |
[03:54] | The museum doesn’t have great security, | 博物馆安保措置不佳 |
[03:55] | but it’s not the kind of place you can sneak a body out of. | 但也没到能随随便便把尸体运出去的地步 |
[03:58] | Unless you make it small enough to fit in a duffel bag. | 除非尸体小到能装进行李袋 |
[04:00] | So the killer was waiting for the bugs to eat it | 凶手是在等虫子将尸体啃食至 |
[04:02] | down to the skeleton so they could sneak it out? | 只剩骨架 然后再偷运出去 |
[04:04] | Possibly. Uh, we found a scientific tool in the tank. | 有可能 我们在箱子里发现了一件科学器械 |
[04:08] | It could be the murder weapon. | 有可能是凶器 |
[04:09] | So the killer’s probably another scientist then. | 凶手也许也是一名科学家 |
[04:12] | Or someone that works at the museum. | 或者是博物馆的工作人员 |
[04:14] | When was Linda last seen? | 最后一次看见琳达是什么时候 |
[04:16] | Linda’s been missing a couple weeks. | 琳达已经失踪好几星期了 |
[04:18] | People thought she was out camping | 大家以为她是去 |
[04:19] | near Yosemite doing some kind of research. | 约塞米蒂国家公园野营做什么研究去了 |
[04:22] | Then someone noticed her car was on campus, | 后来有人注意到她的车停在校园里 |
[04:23] | and they realized she was missing. | 才意识到她失踪了 |
[04:25] | Who filed the missing persons report? | 是谁填的失踪人口报告 |
[04:27] | Dr. Sonia Kidd. | 索尼亚·基德博士 |
[04:28] | Head of the biology department at the university | 她是校生物系主任 |
[04:30] | and linda’s adviser. | 也是琳达的顾问 |
[04:32] | Her name sounds familiar. | 名字听起来很耳熟 |
[04:33] | Yeah, she’s written a couple books. | 是的 她写过几本书 |
[04:35] | Popular science stuff. One’s called | 流行科学读物 有一本题为 |
[04:37] | “Natural born killers: the evolutionary roots of murder.” | 《天生杀手:谋杀的进化根源》 |
[04:40] | Cute. Jane and I will go talk to her. | 有趣 我和简去找她谈谈 |
[04:42] | And, uh, Linda had an office here at the museum. | 琳达在博物馆有间办公室 |
[04:45] | You and Cho check it out. | 你和周去查看一下 |
[04:47] | You got it, boss. | 收到 头儿 |
[04:57] | We thought she was lost in the mountains. | 我们以为她在山里迷路了 |
[05:00] | But she was here the whole time. | 没想到她一直都在这里 |
[05:02] | It’s too horrible for words. | 简直太可怕了 |
[05:04] | What did she study? What kind of animal? | 她研究什么 研究哪种动物 |
[05:06] | Why does that matter? | 有什么关系吗 |
[05:08] | Nobody picks what they dedicate their life to by accident. | 没有人会因为偶然而毕生致力于某项事业的 |
[05:11] | It says something. | 是有原因的 |
[05:13] | I study primate brains. | 我研究灵长类动物大脑 |
[05:14] | What does that say about me? | 这能说明我是怎样的人 |
[05:16] | You have dark thoughts inside your head | 你有一些阴暗的思想 |
[05:18] | that you want to believe are normal and natural. | 但你觉得它们很正常很自然 |
[05:21] | Which they are, of course. | 当然它们确实是那样 |
[05:24] | Linda was an ornithologist. | 琳达是研究鸟类的 |
[05:27] | Her doctorate was on the diet of the northern flicker. | 她的博士生项目是研究北扑翅鴷的饮食 |
[05:30] | A kind of woodpecker. | 北扑翅鴷是一种啄木鸟 |
[05:33] | Interesting. | 啄木鸟很有意思 |
[05:35] | Tenacious. | 它们十分顽强 |
[05:37] | Bang their head against the problem until they solve it. | 不断用头撞树直到问题解决 |
[05:41] | Was that Linda? | 琳达也是这种性格吗 |
[05:42] | It was. | 是的 |
[05:43] | Although woodpeckers don’t bang their heads | 但是啄木鸟不会一直用头撞树 |
[05:46] | against things so much as they use their bills to drill holes. | 而是用喙在树上钻洞 |
[05:49] | Yes. Well, the subconscious mind is– | 的确 潜意识这东西 |
[05:53] | isn’t really a stickler about that kind of thing. | 不会那么顽强 |
[05:56] | Uh, was she a good student? | 她是个好学生吗 |
[05:58] | Brilliant. | 她很聪明 |
[06:00] | She had already co-authored several papers | 她是好几篇发表在著名期刊上 |
[06:02] | in prestigious journals. | 论文的联合作者 |
[06:04] | Well, who was jealous? | 有谁嫉妒她吗 |
[06:05] | Nobody. | 没有 |
[06:07] | This is the top biology department on the west coast. | 我们的生物系在整个西海岸是顶尖的 |
[06:10] | Best and brightest only. | 这里的人都是精英 |
[06:13] | The success of one of us helps all of us. | 每一个人的成功对我们都有好处 |
[06:16] | We’re a family. | 我们是一家人 |
[06:18] | Well, people murder family members every day. | 每天都有谋害亲人的事发生 |
[06:20] | It’s natural. | 很自然 |
[06:22] | Murder is natural. | 谋杀是一件自然的事 |
[06:24] | But abnormal. | 但却不正常 |
[06:26] | Teachers don’t know there’s scandals | 教授们不会了解丑闻 |
[06:27] | unless of course they are the scandal. | 除非他们本身就是丑闻中的人物 |
[06:33] | Are we done? | 你们问完了吗 |
[06:34] | Yeah. For now. | 暂时问完了 |
[06:35] | Uh, we’re gonna need to talk to some students | 我们得跟几个学生谈谈 |
[06:37] | and visit the gift shop, | 还得去一趟礼品店 |
[06:39] | which is left out the door, isn’t it? | 出门左拐 对吗 |
[06:45] | Excuse me. What are you doing? | 打扰一下 你在做什么 |
[06:48] | Who are you? | 你们是什么人 |
[06:49] | I’m Agent Rigsby. This is Agent Cho. | 我是瑞斯比探员 这位是周探员 |
[06:50] | We’re with CBI. And you are? | 我们是加调局的 你是 |
[06:52] | Megan Parker. | 梅根·帕克 |
[06:54] | I was Linda’s classmate in the doctoral program. | 我是琳达博士生项目的同学 |
[06:57] | And I have the office next door. | 我的办公室就在隔壁 |
[06:58] | What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[07:00] | I just came to get my copy of “Understanding macro-evolution” | 我是要在你们把这里封锁之前 |
[07:03] | before you guys sealed the place off. | 拿走我的《理解宏观进化》论文的副本 |
[07:06] | Did you know Linda well? | 你跟琳达熟悉吗 |
[07:07] | She was a rock star. | 她是个摇滚明星 |
[07:09] | A rock star who could use a makeover, but still. | 经过改造的摇滚明星 |
[07:12] | She got the dean’s fellowship this year. | 她拿到了今年的院长奖学金 |
[07:14] | That’s like 100 grand. | 大约有10万块 |
[07:16] | The rest of us will be paying off our student loans | 而我们这些人只能用社保金 |
[07:18] | with our social security checks. | 去交我们的助学贷款 |
[07:20] | What’s with all the taxidermy? | 怎么会有这些动物标本剥制术 |
[07:21] | I thought Linda just studied woodpeckers. | 琳达不是研究啄木鸟的吗 |
[07:23] | No, Linda managed the specimen rooms for her work-study, | 管理标本室是琳达勤工俭学的工作 |
[07:26] | so she got the overflow. | 她精力旺盛嘛 |
[07:27] | Huh. Drugs? | 毒品吗 |
[07:34] | Sugar. | 是糖 |
[07:36] | She didn’t do drugs. | 她不吸毒 |
[07:37] | Not even diet soda. | 连无糖汽水也不喝 |
[07:39] | What about her personal life? | 她的私生活怎么样 |
[07:40] | – What about it? – Did she have one? | -什么意思 -她有男朋友吗 |
[07:42] | We didn’t talk about that stuff very much. | 我们没怎么谈论过这个话题 |
[07:45] | I know she had a boyfriend outside the school. | 我知道他在学校外面有个男朋友 |
[07:48] | But that’s all I know. | 但仅此而已 |
[07:52] | Hey, Jane, call me when you get this. | 简 收到留言后给我回电话 |
[07:54] | I think I found Linda’s classmates. | 我想我找到琳达的同学了 |
[07:56] | Look for the elephants. | 在大象这边 |
[07:57] | Most species stay in stasis for long periods of time. | 大多数的物种在很长一段时间都不进化 |
[08:00] | – Sorry, can I help you? – I’m Agent Lisbon with the CBI. | -抱歉 有什么需要 -我是加调局的里斯本探员 |
[08:03] | – Professor Friedman? – Adjunct professor. | -你是弗里德曼教授吗 -客座教授 |
[08:06] | Yes, adjunct professor Paul Friedman, | 对 客座教授保罗·弗里德曼 |
[08:08] | which, as you can see, engenders a great deal of respect | 你也看到了 学生们都对我 |
[08:10] | from the students. | 非常敬重 |
[08:11] | Uh, I teach a couple seminars under Dr. Kidd. | 我在基德教授手下教几个研究科目 |
[08:14] | I’m sorry to interrupt, | 抱歉打断一下 |
[08:15] | but I’m looking for information on Linda Parfrey. | 我是来调查琳达·帕弗瑞的情况 |
[08:17] | These are her classmates, right? | 这些都是她的同学 对吗 |
[08:19] | Yeah. Uh, we all know Linda. | 对 我们都认识琳达 |
[08:21] | Do you know anything that might be helpful | 你们知道什么能协助我们 |
[08:23] | with the investigation? | 调查的线索吗 |
[08:28] | We know that Linda had a boyfriend. | 我们知道琳达有个男友 |
[08:30] | Uh, we’d like to talk to him. | 我们想找他谈谈 |
[08:31] | Ex-boyfriend, I guess. | 应该是前男友吧 |
[08:34] | She didn’t talk much about it, but late one night in the lab, | 她不怎么谈这事 可有一晚在实验室 |
[08:37] | she told me they broke up. | 她告诉我 他们分手了 |
[08:38] | When was that? | 什么时候说的 |
[08:40] | About a week before she went missing. | 大概是她失踪前的一周 |
[08:42] | You don’t think he did it, do you? | 你不会怀疑是他干的吧 |
[08:43] | I mean, he’s a cop. | 他可是个警察 |
[08:44] | – A cop? Do you know his name? – Yeah. | -警察 知道名字吗 -知道 |
[08:48] | Officer Ray Moran, San Francisco P.D. | 雷·莫兰警官 隶属于旧金山警局 |
[08:50] | Beat cop. | 片警 |
[08:51] | All right, talk to his captain. | 好 和他的队长谈谈 |
[08:52] | See if we can bring Moran in for an interview. | 问问能不能把他带来局里问话 |
[08:55] | Put Cho on it. Jane, too, if he ever comes in. | 让周问话 也叫上简 如果他来了的话 |
[08:58] | You got it. | 好 |
[08:59] | Hey, boss? | 头儿 |
[09:00] | I did it. I made it into the program. | 我成功了 我考入了培训计划 |
[09:03] | White hat? You got in? That’s great. | 白帽黑客 你考上了 真不错 |
[09:05] | Yeah. A month in L.A. | 对 在洛杉矶培训一个月 |
[09:08] | I’ll be staring at a computer screen the whole time, | 虽然我还是会一直盯着电脑屏幕 |
[09:09] | but still. | 可还是很棒 |
[09:11] | The team’s gonna miss you. | 大家都会想你的 |
[09:12] | You said you’d talk to Bertram about the stipend request. | 你说会去帮我向伯特伦申请助学金 |
[09:15] | The deposit’s due in two days. | 两天后就得交保证金 |
[09:17] | I’ll swing by on my way back. | 我回去路上会找他 |
[09:19] | Thanks, boss. | 谢了 头儿 |
[09:22] | It’s called white hat. | 这叫做白帽黑客 |
[09:23] | It’s an advanced computer investigation training program | 这是由真正黑客教授的先进的 |
[09:26] | taught by actual hackers. | 电脑调查培训计划 |
[09:27] | It’s so advanced, | 非常高级 |
[09:29] | I don’t know what she’s saying when she talks about it. | 她给我介绍的时候我都听不太明白 |
[09:33] | I’d like to rush a request for a training stipend | 我想马上申请培训津贴 |
[09:36] | to cover the costs. | 帮她支付课程费 |
[09:37] | You think Manchester’s been cheating? | 你觉得曼彻斯特出老千了吗 |
[09:40] | – What? – At poker. | -什么 -打牌时候 |
[09:41] | No. | 没 |
[09:42] | Well, he’s just s-so damn smug. | 他太得意了 |
[09:44] | You know, “Goodnight moon,” He says– | 《月亮晚安》 他说 |
[09:47] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么意思 |
[09:48] | It’s just a game. | 只是打牌而已 |
[09:50] | You don’t believe that. | 你不信吗 |
[09:53] | Sir… | 长官 |
[09:55] | No–oh, what was that about Van Pelt? | 不 对了 范佩尔是什么事 |
[09:58] | Her training stipend. | 她的培训津贴 |
[10:01] | Times are tight. | 时间很紧 |
[10:02] | We’ve cut all outside training funds from the budget. | 我们砍了所有外部培训金的预算 |
[10:05] | No, request denied. | 不行 没法拨款 |
[10:16] | Lisbon said she lost you. | 里斯本说联系不上你 |
[10:17] | Well, I come bearing gifts. | 我带了礼物来 |
[10:20] | Grace. | 格蕾斯 |
[10:23] | Jelly dinosaurs are for me… | 恐龙果冻是给我的 |
[10:26] | For later. | 以后吃 |
[10:28] | And… | 还有… |
[10:30] | – I’m guessing you’re a triceratops man. – Yeah. | -我猜你爱三角龙 -对 |
[10:33] | Rigsby is a T. Rex. | 瑞斯比爱迷惑摇滚 |
[10:36] | Any news on the case? | 案情有新进展吗 |
[10:37] | Yeah, the victim’s ex-boyfriend is an S.F.P.D. beat cop. | 有 死者的前男友是旧金山警察 |
[10:39] | He’s on patrol right now. I was just gonna go talk to him. | 这时正在巡逻 我正要去找他问话 |
[10:42] | – On the streets? – Yeah. | -出警吗 -对 |
[10:43] | Let’s go. I haven’t been on the streets for a while. | 走吧 我有段时间没出警了 |
[10:46] | Let’s do it. | 走吧 |
[10:49] | – Come on. – Thanks? | -走吧 -不谢我吗 |
[10:51] | I don’t know. He was like, uh, 5’6″. | 我不知道 他大概五尺六 |
[10:54] | Not fat, really. Just a big face. | 体型不算胖 脸很大 |
[10:56] | Brown hair. | 棕色头发 |
[10:57] | He didn’t even have a gun. Why’d you give him the money? | 他都没有持枪 你为什么给他钱 |
[10:59] | I didn’t give it to him, he took it! | 我没给他 是他自己拿走的 |
[11:02] | What was he dressed like, this guy? | 这家伙什么打扮 |
[11:04] | You guys from CBI? | 你们是加调局来的 |
[11:05] | Agent Cho. This is Patrick Jane. | 我是周警探 这位是派翠克·简 |
[11:07] | Uh, look, I want to talk to you guys, | 我想配合你们工作 |
[11:09] | but we gotta handle this, okay? | 可我得先把手头的事处理完 |
[11:10] | Let me catch up with you in a couple hours. | 我过几个小时找你们吧 |
[11:12] | – A couple hours? – Yeah, we just got this. | -几个小时 -对 我们刚接警 |
[11:14] | I mean, we gotta put out a crime broadcast. | 我们得发布罪犯通报 |
[11:16] | We gotta cruise the neighborhood. | 还得片区巡逻 |
[11:17] | Then there’s the paperwork. | 然后写报告 |
[11:19] | Well, can’t help you with the paperwork. | 你的报告我是爱莫能助了 |
[11:22] | – He had a hood. He came in… – Why’d you give him the money? | -他戴着兜帽 走进来 -你为什么把钱给他 |
[11:23] | Sir, we’re asking the questions here. | 先生 请由我们来问话 |
[11:25] | Just tell me what happened. | 告诉我事发经过 |
[11:27] | So this dude comes up while I’m cashing out the register, | 我从收银机取钱时这家伙走进来 |
[11:30] | asks for a calling card. | 问我要名片 |
[11:32] | I just turned for one second, | 我只转过身一秒钟 |
[11:34] | and he reached through the gap and grabbed a stack of $20s. | 他就把手伸进窗口抢了一摞20块 |
[11:36] | You wait until you’re finished cashing out | 你得等到取完钞 |
[11:39] | before you do another transaction! | 才能做另一笔交易 |
[11:40] | Look, the guy had money. | 听着 这家伙拿着钱 |
[11:42] | He didn’t look shady or anything. | 他看上去没什么可疑的 |
[11:43] | How was I supposed to know? | 我怎么会知道他会抢钱 |
[11:45] | Hey. Excuse me. | 请问 |
[11:46] | Show me how he reached through the gap again. | 给我演示一下他手伸进来够钱的情景 |
[11:54] | All right. Pull your hand out. | 好了 手缩回去 |
[11:58] | That’s how they catch a raccoon, you know that? | 这就是抓浣熊的方法 你知道吗 |
[12:01] | So the guy couldn’t have grabbed the cash through the gap. | 这么说 那家伙没法通过这个口抢钱 |
[12:03] | There wasn’t another guy, was there, buddy? | 根本没有另一个人 是吗 哥们 |
[12:06] | You! You’re the thief! | 就是你 你就是小偷 |
[12:08] | I’m the thief? | 我是小偷 |
[12:09] | You’re the thief. | 你就是小偷 |
[12:11] | With what you’re paying me, I’m the thief? | 你就付我那么点工资 反倒说我是小偷 |
[12:13] | Work’s done here, buddy. | 活儿干完了 哥们 |
[12:14] | I think you can get your man to do the paperwork. | 我想你们可以把小偷带去做笔录了 |
[12:17] | Look– | 听着 |
[12:19] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[12:27] | When did you and Linda meet? | 你和琳达什么时候认识的 |
[12:29] | Last year. I was moonlighting, | 去年 我在值夜班 |
[12:31] | doing security at the museum. | 在博物馆做安保 |
[12:32] | And how was the relationship? | 怎么好上的 |
[12:35] | Her life was more together than anybody I ever met. | 她的生活比我认识的任何人都稳当 |
[12:38] | She was so focused. | 她很专注 |
[12:40] | Got to me, too, I guess. | 我想也感染到了我 |
[12:41] | I even started studying for the sergeant’s exam. | 我甚至开始为升职考试学习准备 |
[12:43] | Mm-hmm. And then you dumped her? | 然后把她给甩了 |
[12:44] | – You think I was happy about it? – You tell me. | -你以为我不难过吗 -你说 |
[12:46] | About two months ago I got an anonymous e-mail | 大约两个月前 我收到了一封匿名电邮 |
[12:49] | with a link in it | 里面有个链接 |
[12:50] | to her online dating profile. | 连到她的在线约会资料 |
[12:53] | I couldn’t believe it. | 我无法相信 |
[12:55] | And she’d started seeing other people? | 她已经在和别人交往了 |
[12:56] | I… I don’t know if she started. | 我不知道是不是 |
[12:59] | She was just shopping around. | 她只是到处逛商店 |
[13:00] | Maybe she’d been doing it the whole time. | 可能她一直都这样吧 |
[13:01] | – You talk to her about it? – Yeah. | -你和她聊过这事吗 -聊过 |
[13:04] | Big fight. | 大吵了一架 |
[13:07] | You get rough with her? | 你对她动粗了吗 |
[13:09] | Mnh. I don’t have that in me. | 没 我没有这个倾向 |
[13:11] | Hurt a woman? Especially not Linda. | 我不会伤害女人 尤其是琳达 |
[13:13] | She have an explanation? | 她有解释吗 |
[13:16] | She denied it, you know, but what else was she gonna do? | 她不承认 不过她还能怎么样呢 |
[13:19] | I can’t take cheating. I had to let her go. | 我无法接受她脚踏两条船 只好放手了 |
[13:21] | Mm-hmm. Did you know who sent you the profile? | 你知道资料是谁发给你的吗 |
[13:23] | – No. – And you weren’t curious? | -不知道 -你不好奇吗 |
[13:25] | I don’t know. I… | 我不知道 我… |
[13:27] | Some guy’s girlfriend’s in the same boat as me, | 某个人的女友和我同病相怜 |
[13:29] | somebody’s holding a grudge. | 有人心存怨恨 |
[13:31] | Only thing that mattered was I wasn’t enough for her. | 唯一重要的是 我配不上她 |
[13:33] | And after you broke up, you never spoke to her again? | 分手后 你没再和她联系过吗 |
[13:35] | No. | 没 |
[13:39] | I should have known. | 我早该知道的 |
[13:41] | You know, she had smarts. | 她很有头脑 |
[13:43] | She was gonna have a big life. | 她会大有作为 |
[13:46] | What’d she want with a mook like me, right? | 她怎么会想要我这样的小人物呢 |
[13:53] | Do you have something? | 有什么进展吗 |
[13:53] | Here’s the dating profile somebody sent Moran. | 这是别人传给莫兰的约会资料 |
[13:57] | Get a hold of the dating site. | 查查这个交友网站 |
[13:59] | See if anybody contacted her around the time she went missing. | 看是否有人在她失踪那会儿联系她 |
[14:02] | I don’t think Linda went on any dates. | 我觉得琳达没和人约会 |
[14:04] | Well, why not? | 为什么 |
[14:05] | The address that sent Moran the e-mail | 发送莫兰这封电邮的地址 |
[14:07] | was used to set up an account with the dating site. | 正是建立这个交友账户的地址 |
[14:10] | Did you find them? | 你找到了吗 |
[14:11] | Sort of. I logged into the account. | 算是吧 我登陆了账户 |
[14:14] | Don’t you need a password for that? | 你不需要密码吗 |
[14:16] | I spent two minutes using the most common passwords. | 我用最常见密码花了两分钟尝试 |
[14:18] | It was “Qwerty.” | 是”Qwerty” |
[14:20] | “Qwerty” “Qwerty”? | |
[14:21] | Q-w-e-r-t-y Q-w-e-r-t-y. | |
[14:23] | It’s the fifth most common password. | 这是最常见的密码第五位 |
[14:25] | Guess whose profile it was. | 猜猜是谁的资料 |
[14:27] | Linda. | 琳达 |
[14:28] | So whoever sent Moran the profile also created it. | 那发给莫兰资料的人就是创建账户的人 |
[14:32] | Yep. Profile’s a fake. | 对 资料是伪造的 |
[14:33] | Someone was trying to break up Linda and officer Moran. | 有人想拆散琳达和莫兰警官 |
[14:37] | Nice work. Mm. | 干得好 |
[14:39] | Look, I know you’re disappointed about the training program. | 听着 我知道你没去成培训计划很失望 |
[14:43] | We’ll get you in next year. | 我们明年送你去 |
[14:44] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[14:50] | Bertram’s supposed to be this real smooth player, | 伯特伦本应该打的得心应手 |
[14:52] | but he loses a couple of hands of poker | 但他却输了好几把牌 |
[14:54] | and he has to bum everybody else out. | 还惹恼了跟他打牌的人 |
[14:56] | Linda wanted “A man with a super hot body.” | 琳达想找一个”身材火辣的男人” |
[14:59] | The fake dating profile, right? | 你是在说伪造的交友简介 |
[15:01] | You were saying something? | 你刚才在说什么 |
[15:03] | Bertram hanging Van Pelt out to dry. | 伯特伦把范佩尔给坑惨了 |
[15:05] | He’s just mad because he’s losing big money at poker. | 他因为在牌桌上输了很多钱 所以变得歇斯底里 |
[15:08] | Well, some people like to push their pain onto other people, | 有些人就是喜欢把他们的痛苦凌驾于他人之上 |
[15:11] | weaker people, and there’s always someone weaker. | 软弱的家伙 总有那么一些软弱的家伙 |
[15:13] | That’s just the circle of life. | 这就是生命的轮回啊 |
[15:15] | Cheery. | 好吧 |
[15:16] | Bertram doesn’t want to win, Lisbon, he has to. | 里斯本 伯特伦不是想赢 是必须赢 |
[15:19] | It’s why he is where he is. | 所以他才会在现在的位子上 |
[15:21] | The idea of losing is just intolerable to him. | 对他而言 输是不可忍受的 |
[15:25] | Why would somebody want to break linda and her boyfriend up? | 为什么会有人想拆散琳达和她男友呢 |
[15:27] | Romantic rivalry? | 情感纠葛 |
[15:29] | Yeah, possibly. | 有可能 |
[15:31] | “I’m looking for brains, brawn, the total package.” | “我在找有头脑 有肌肉 全方位的男人” |
[15:34] | Van pelt’s trying to trace the e-mail, | 范佩尔试着追踪电子邮件 |
[15:36] | but she hit a dead end. | 但毫无收获 |
[15:37] | Well, whoever authored this left their fingerprints all over it. | 是谁批准他们 把自己的指纹留在上面的 |
[15:40] | “No half-steppers. | “半吊子不行” |
[15:42] | “A genuine badass. | “我在找一个真正的坏蛋 |
[15:44] | Feather my nest.” | 装点我的小巢” |
[15:46] | Gather the troops, Lisbon. | 把人都喊来 里斯本 |
[15:48] | Why? | 为啥 |
[15:49] | It’s time to play bingo. | 咱们来玩宾果游戏 |
[15:53] | So we have a list of words from the fake dating profile. | 我们从伪造的约会资料里提取了一些词 |
[15:57] | We talk to the students | 我们和学生们交谈 |
[15:58] | and compare what they say to the words in the list, | 对比学生们说的词 和列表上出现的词 |
[16:00] | and if what they say matches up with the words on the list, | 如果他们所说的词 和列表上出现的词相吻合 |
[16:02] | Then they’re the one that wrote the profile? | 那他们就是填资料的人吗 |
[16:04] | So far, so good. | 你说的没错 |
[16:06] | But how do we get them to say the right words? | 但我们怎么让他们说出正确的词 |
[16:07] | What do we ask them about? | 我们该问他们些什么 |
[16:08] | You have to try to get their words flowing. | 让他们不停的吐单词就行了 |
[16:10] | – Talk to them about their passions. – Their passions? | -跟他们谈谈他们热爱的东西 -他们热爱的东西 |
[16:12] | Animals, of course. | 当然是动物 |
[16:14] | Bugs. Critters. | 虫子 以及小动物 |
[16:17] | People use “Coldblooded” to mean evil, | 人们用”冷血”来表示邪恶 |
[16:20] | as if a species’ thermophysiology | 就好像物种的体温调节特性 |
[16:23] | could determine its moral attributes. | 能够决定它们的道德属性一样 |
[16:25] | That’s ridiculous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[16:26] | Reptiles never invented the atomic bomb. | 爬行动物永远也发明不了原子弹 |
[16:30] | If you ask me, warm blood is the problem. | 如果你问我 我会说恒温动物才是问题的所在 |
[16:34] | Know what I mean? | 明白我的意思吗 |
[16:41] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[16:42] | So… skeletons. | 说说…骷髅吧 |
[16:45] | Why are you into them? | 你为什么喜欢骷髅 |
[16:46] | Why do I need a reason? | 为什么一定要有原因呢 |
[16:49] | I’ll just go with “Weird.” | 那我就问”奇怪的”了 |
[16:50] | It’s, like, under all this viscera we wear, | 这就像是在我们的五脏六腑之下 |
[16:53] | there’s–well, there’s something strong and–and clean | 有一些很强壮 很干净 |
[16:56] | and–and beautiful that–that holds us together. | 很美丽的东西 把它们组合在了一起 |
[16:59] | You can’t lose it. I think–I think that’s cool. | 没它们还真不行 我觉得这很酷 |
[17:05] | Did I pass? | 我通过了吗 |
[17:07] | I’ve taken a psych test before. | 我之前接受过精神分析测试 |
[17:19] | Mr. Jane. | 简先生 |
[17:21] | We were just discussing you. | 我们刚才还谈到了你 |
[17:23] | Dean Papadakis told me about your impressive memory. | 帕帕达基斯院长刚刚和我说了你惊人的记忆力 |
[17:27] | My own memory isn’t as good as it used to be. | 我现在的记忆力大不如前了 |
[17:29] | What’s your secret? | 你有什么秘诀吗 |
[17:32] | It’s easy to remember when you never forget. | 当你永远都忘不了的时候 你也就轻松记住了 |
[17:35] | What you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[17:36] | Laying bait for moths. | 放置捕捉飞蛾的诱饵 |
[17:39] | They like sweetness, | 它们喜欢甜味 |
[17:41] | so I use brown bananas and beer. | 所以我就用芝麻蕉和啤酒做饵 |
[17:44] | Delicious. | 真美味 |
[17:47] | Paul here discovered a new species of moth. | 保罗在这里发现了一种全新的飞蛾物种 |
[17:49] | The California Jade Moth. | 加利福尼亚绿玉蛾 |
[17:51] | It’s on display in our museum. | 在我们的博物馆里就有展出 |
[17:53] | It’s rather a big deal. | 真是件了不起的大事 |
[17:55] | Yeah. Now there are 1,500,001 types of insects in the world. | 是啊 现在世界上的芸芸昆虫又多了一种 |
[17:58] | Well, that’s false modesty. | 这谦虚可真假 |
[18:00] | I guess so. It is a big deal. | 我想是的 这的确是件大事 |
[18:02] | To moth people. | 对研究蛾的人来说 |
[18:04] | To all of us. | 是对我们大家来说 |
[18:06] | Congratulations on your new addition. | 恭喜你获得新发现 |
[18:08] | – Thank you. – It’s most impressive. | -谢谢 -令人印象深刻 |
[18:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:17] | Uh, let me guess. You’re studying buzzards, | 让我猜猜 你是在研究秃鹰 |
[18:20] | and you’re laying a trap for one right now. | 而你现在还放置好了捕捉其的陷阱 |
[18:22] | As if. | 你误会了 |
[18:24] | Mating habits of the Zalophus Californianus. | 我研究的是”加州海狮的交配习惯” |
[18:27] | Sea lions. | 海狮 |
[18:28] | One badass male maintaining a stable of females through combat. | 一头混蛋雄海狮通过打斗得到了一大群雌海狮 |
[18:33] | And that appeals to you? A man fighting for you? | 那很吸引你吗 有个能为你大打出手的男人 |
[18:36] | Who doesn’t want an alpha male? | 谁不想找个霸道的男人 |
[18:37] | A guy who will fight for what’s his? | 找个会为他的东西大打出手的 |
[18:39] | Yeah. Super hot. | 超级火辣 |
[18:42] | Sounds exciting. | 听起来不错 |
[18:43] | It’s so cool. While paul chases moths | 很酷的 当保罗在追逐蛾子的时候 |
[18:45] | and Jeanette messes around with her lizards, | 当珍妮特和她的蜥蜴混在一起的时候 |
[18:48] | I head out for the islands to watch the seals play. | 我却来到岛上观看海狮表演 |
[18:52] | I’m not just a brain, see? | 我不光只有脑子 瞧见没 |
[18:53] | I like to play, too. | 我还喜欢玩 |
[18:55] | I’m the total package. | 我是全方位的 |
[18:57] | “Badass,” “Super hot,” “Total package.” | 混蛋 热辣 全方位 |
[19:03] | Bingo! | 全中 |
[19:05] | Bingo! | 全中 |
[19:16] | You wrote the fake dating profile | 是你伪造了约会资料 |
[19:17] | that made Linda and her boyfriend break up. | 想让琳达和她男友分手 |
[19:20] | No law against it, is there? | 这也没犯法啊 对吧 |
[19:22] | Maybe she found out it was you, | 也许她发现了是你干的 |
[19:23] | confronted you in the lab, and things got out of hand. | 在实验室里找你对质 接着事情就失控了 |
[19:25] | Look–hello! I didn’t kill Linda. | 听着 我没杀琳达 |
[19:28] | So why did you want to break them up? | 那你为什么要拆散他们 |
[19:33] | You don’t even know what it’s like in the program. | 你是不知道我们项目小组里的情况 |
[19:36] | Dr. Kidd likes us to play like we’re one happy family. | 基德博士希望我们像欢乐的一家人一样 |
[19:39] | We’re like a pack of hyenas tearing each other apart. | 但我们就像一群土狼一样 撕咬着对方 |
[19:41] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:42] | Money. Why else? | 为了钱 还能为什么 |
[19:45] | Look, the museum doesn’t get all that stuff for free. | 博物馆里的东西可不是免费得来的 |
[19:47] | It needs discoveries, publicity, donations. | 它需要各种发现 各种宣传以及各种捐助 |
[19:52] | Dr. Kidd wants our program to be the best. | 基德博士希望我们的项目小组是最棒的 |
[19:54] | So if you aren’t producing, so long. | 所以如果你很长时间都没有成果的话 |
[19:57] | What does that mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[19:59] | You ever heard of survival of the fittest? | 你有没有听说过适者生存 |
[20:01] | ’cause Dr. Kidd sure has. | 基德博士肯定听说过 |
[20:03] | She likes to weed out the ones who can’t contribute, | 她会淘汰到那些没有贡献 |
[20:05] | who can’t hack it. | 不能胜任的人 |
[20:06] | But nobody hacks it. Not really. | 但没人能胜任 根本没有 |
[20:09] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[20:10] | Jeanette? Lizard girl? | 珍妮特 那个蜥蜴女 |
[20:12] | She has a special place on the back stairs ? She goes to cry. | 你以为她能留下来 她都要急哭了 |
[20:16] | Greg had a major breakdown last year, | 格雷格去年出了大纰漏 |
[20:17] | like throwing rat skulls out the window. | 比如把老鼠骷髅扔到了窗户外 |
[20:20] | And Paul? He was convinced Dr. Kidd was gonna fire him | 保罗呢 在他发现那该死的蛾子之前 |
[20:24] | until he discovered that dumb moth. | 他一度确信基德博士就要开除他 |
[20:26] | How about linda? How did she handle it? | 琳达呢 她是怎么应对的 |
[20:29] | She was a machine. | 她就像个机器 |
[20:32] | You’re losing your mind, and there she is, | 我们都快疯了 她却什么事都没有 |
[20:34] | Working just as hard, not even breaking a sweat. | 做如此艰苦的工作 却毫不费劲 |
[20:38] | My mom wanted to kill me | 而我呢 因为没拿到 |
[20:39] | for not getting the dean’s fellowship. | 院长的奖学金 我妈妈要杀了我 |
[20:41] | And then Linda lands that hot cop boyfriend? | 接着琳达遇到了她那个火辣的警察男友 |
[20:44] | Her? | 她的 |
[20:46] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[20:48] | Right? | 看看 |
[20:50] | So you made up the fake dating profile to break them up. | 这么说 是你伪造了约会资料想让他们分手 |
[20:55] | I just wanted to see if I could hurt her. | 我只是想看看 我能不能伤害到她 |
[20:59] | If she could even be hurt. | 或者她能不能被伤害到 |
[21:00] | Did she know it was you? | 她知道是你干的吗 |
[21:03] | It wrecked her. | 这件事毁了她 |
[21:04] | The next day she messed up something stupid, | 第二天 她做了一些很愚蠢的事情 |
[21:06] | and Dr. Kidd yelled at her. | 基德博士还朝她大吼来着 |
[21:08] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[21:10] | It felt really, really good. | 这让我感觉真的很好 |
[21:12] | And I know that doesn’t make me sound like a nice person. | 我知道 这让我听上去像个坏人 |
[21:15] | No. No, it doesn’t. | 对 还真不是好人 |
[21:20] | It’s like “Lord of the flies” over there. | 有点像”蝇王”的桥段啊 |
[21:22] | I didn’t know the world of science was so cutthroat. | 我不知道原来科学世界是如此的残酷 |
[21:24] | Well, like the man said, academic politics | 人们不是常说 学术政治 |
[21:26] | can be vicious, because the stakes are small. | 可能是邪恶的 因为其风险极小 |
[21:29] | Very small, indeed. | 非常小 事实上 |
[21:30] | Tomorrow morning we need to go back to the museum. | 明天早上我们回博物馆 |
[21:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[21:33] | Education. | 接受教育 |
[21:35] | But now I have to do something. | 但现在我得做些事情 |
[21:39] | And the A.G. knows damn well the indictment won’t stick. | 检察长很清楚 控告不会坚持到最后 |
[21:43] | Uh, I don’t have time for this. | 我现在没空和你谈 |
[21:45] | Nobody rides for free. I mean, he knows that. | 天下没有免费的午餐 这道理他是懂的 |
[21:49] | What–what, you came here to play games? | 怎么 你过来找我打扑克 |
[21:52] | I heard you’ve been losing, | 我听说你输得挺惨 |
[21:54] | and, uh, it’s been affecting your work. | 还影响到了你的工作 |
[21:59] | Uh, I’ll call you back. | 我再打给你 |
[22:02] | Look, the cards haven’t been falling my way. | 扑克根本没影响我的工作 |
[22:05] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[22:07] | You believe in luck? | 你相信运气吗 |
[22:10] | No. | 不 |
[22:12] | Lisbon says you’re pretty good. | 里斯本说你很厉害 |
[22:16] | Margaret, cancel my 6:00. | 玛格丽特 取消六点的安排 |
[22:25] | Two pair. | 两对 |
[22:28] | Four of a kind. | 四条[四张同点] |
[22:29] | See? | 瞧见没 |
[22:31] | I know how to play poker. | 我知道怎么玩扑克 |
[22:32] | Of course you do. | 你当然知道 |
[22:33] | You play the man, not the cards. | 你擅长玩弄人 而不是牌 |
[22:35] | Right? I know the odds, I know myself. | 对吧 我懂机率 我了解我自己 |
[22:37] | You know people, you know how to control them. | 你了解人性 知道如何操纵他们 |
[22:39] | Not that you always care. | 却不善利用 |
[22:41] | Uh… what’s that mean? | 什么意思 |
[22:43] | Well, you win more flies with honey than with vinegar, | 要多抓苍蝇 蜂蜜比醋有效 |
[22:45] | but you use vinegar anyway. | 但你却非用醋 |
[22:47] | Is this about Lisbon? | 你是为里斯本来的吧 |
[22:48] | You’re very fond of the fake tell, aren’t you? | 你很喜欢虚张声势 是吧 |
[22:51] | Before you bet, you look away and you breathe out very slowly, | 你押注前 会四处张望 缓慢呼气 |
[22:55] | like you’re trying to… calm yourself. | 看似想让自己平静下来 |
[23:00] | Yes. | 没错 |
[23:03] | Well, you have a tell inside the fake tell. | 你可以设局中局 |
[23:06] | When you’re bluffing, | 你虚张声势的时候 |
[23:08] | the breathing is audible. | 要让人听见你的呼吸声 |
[23:11] | The hell it is. I-I control myself. | 说什么呢 我能控制住自己 |
[23:13] | You get yourself a good hand and puff away like that, | 你拿到好牌以后 就像那样呼吸 |
[23:15] | Manchester will for sure think you’re bluffing. | 曼彻斯特一定以为你在虚张声势 |
[23:18] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[23:35] | Mr. Jane. Can I help you? | 简先生 有什么可以效劳 |
[23:38] | I hope so. Uh, you still want to learn my memory trick? | 但愿吧 你还想学我的记忆诀窍吗 |
[23:42] | I would. | 想学 |
[23:43] | Yeah, you teach a master class | 好 你要给琳达的同学们 |
[23:45] | with all of Linda’s fellow classmates, huh? | 上高级研修班的吧 是吧 |
[23:48] | Paul and I will be teaching it this afternoon. | 今天下午的课 是我和保罗来上 |
[23:50] | Yeah. | 这样啊 |
[23:52] | Well, how about I put on a memory seminar | 那我给你和你的学生 |
[23:54] | for you and your class? | 来场关于记忆的讲座 如何 |
[23:56] | That would be terrific. | 再好不过了 |
[23:58] | But don’t you have a murder to solve? | 不过你不是有谋杀案要破吗 |
[24:00] | Eh, all in good time. | 来得及 |
[24:01] | Uh, I’m gonna need some tables, | 我需要几张桌子 |
[24:02] | possibly three or four across the back there. | 大概三到四张排在那后面 |
[24:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:06] | And, uh, Linda’s office, it’s full of animals– dead ones. | 还有 琳达的办公室里有很多动物标本 |
[24:09] | It is. | 是的 |
[24:10] | We’ll need access to that, uh, for props. | 那些也要 做道具用 |
[24:13] | Okay. I assume… | 好的 我猜想 |
[24:15] | That you have some ulterior motive for all of this. | 你这么做一定另有意图吧 |
[24:17] | Do you have a suspect? | 你们有怀疑对象了吗 |
[24:20] | There’s one thing I’d like you to confirm for me. | 有件事我要向你求证一下 |
[24:22] | What is that? | 什么事 |
[24:23] | Just what is the diet of the northern flicker woodpecker? | 北扑翅鴷以什么为食 |
[24:32] | Yeah. Sure. | 好的 当然 |
[24:34] | How can you like triceratops | 你怎么会喜欢三角龙 |
[24:35] | more than… T-rex? | 不喜欢霸王龙 |
[24:37] | T-rex are losers. | 霸王龙都是废物 |
[24:39] | Little arms. It’s a big chicken with teeth. | 小胳膊小腿的 不过是长了牙的大型鸡 |
[24:41] | Yeah, and triceratops is basically a pig with horns. | 是吗 那三角龙根本就是长了角的猪 |
[24:44] | And a shield on its head. | 可它头上长着盾牌呢 |
[24:46] | Beats a giant chicken any day of the week. | 分分钟秒杀你那巨型鸡 |
[24:47] | Ha ha, in your dreams. What did Jane want? | 做梦去吧 简有什么事 |
[24:51] | He wants us back at the museum. | 他叫我们回博物馆去 |
[24:52] | What are we gonna do? | 回去干嘛 |
[24:54] | – Museum heist. – Why? | -抢劫博物馆 -为什么 |
[24:56] | I stopped asking questions a long time ago. Come on. | 我早就不问这些问题了 走吧 |
[25:04] | What’s this all about? | 这是干嘛 |
[25:06] | We just need to cover our bases, sir. | 我们只是不想有任何遗漏 先生 |
[25:07] | What does this have to do with the investigation? | 这跟调查有什么关系 |
[25:09] | I can’t discuss ongoing details of an investigation. | 我不能透露在办案件的细节 |
[25:11] | I’m gonna need to look at one of these, uh, spiders. | 我得看看这些蜘蛛 |
[25:15] | The tarantulas? | 狼蛛吗 |
[25:16] | Hey, kids, come check this out. Spiders. | 孩子们 来看这些蜘蛛啊 |
[25:19] | Oh, yes. The tarantulas. | 对了 叫狼蛛 |
[25:22] | I don’t see why it is necessary. | 我看没必要吧 |
[25:24] | Don’t worry, sir. This is, uh, official police business. | 别担心 先生 警方只是例行公事 |
[25:27] | I’m sure you want to take… | 你们一定想看看… |
[25:30] | Wait! What are you doing? | 等等 你要干嘛 |
[25:32] | – I’m gonna need to take a close look at this spider here. – No. | -我得近距离观察一下这只蜘蛛 -不行 |
[25:37] | This one specifically here, this spider. | 就是这只蜘蛛 |
[25:40] | No, no, what are you doing? | 不行 不行 你要干嘛 |
[25:43] | Here we go. | 来吧 |
[25:44] | Just– no. Oh, oh, please. | 不行 求你了 |
[25:46] | Be very careful. | 多加小心 |
[25:47] | There we go. Uh, yeah. | 来吧 太好了 |
[25:49] | I-I don’t see why this is necessary. | 我看没这个必要吧 |
[25:53] | Don’t worry, children. | 别害怕 孩子们 |
[25:55] | Uh, yeah… there we go. | 好了 来吧 |
[25:57] | Wait, what are you doing? | 等等 你在干嘛 |
[25:58] | Yeah, we’re gonna have to, uh… | 好了 我们得… |
[26:00] | – Dust this for prints. – Do what? | -采集它的指纹 -什么 |
[26:03] | Oh, pretty colors. Huh, kids? | 颜色真漂亮 是吧 孩子们 |
[26:07] | It bit–it bit me. | 我被咬了 |
[26:08] | What? | 什么 |
[26:10] | It bit me. | 我被咬了 |
[26:14] | Let me call someone. | 我去叫人吧 |
[26:19] | Look. See? It’s deadly. | 看 看见没有 我死定了 |
[26:21] | It feels a little strange. | 我感觉怪怪的 |
[26:23] | – I don’t see anything. – Oh, I’m feeling woozy. | -什么都看不出来 -我头晕了 |
[26:25] | No, I’m just kidding. I’m fine. | 没有 我开玩笑的 我没事 |
[26:26] | Don’t play with spiders, kids. Okay? | 别玩蜘蛛 孩子们 懂了吗 |
[26:38] | We’ve got a real treat today. | 我们今天有福了 |
[26:40] | You could call it “Evolution in Action.” | 可以称之为”现实版进化论” |
[26:43] | Mr. Patrick Jane is coming to give us a seminar | 派翠克·简先生将给我们做一场 |
[26:46] | on the upper limits of memory. | 有关记忆力上限的讲座 |
[26:48] | – Are we in the classroom? – Yes, we are. | -我们到教室了吧 -是的 到了 |
[26:51] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[26:54] | The human memory is far more capable than most people realize. | 人类的记忆能力通常比人们意识到的要强 |
[26:58] | I’ve been in this room once before. | 我之前进过这个房间 |
[27:00] | But when I was in here… | 我当时来的时候 |
[27:05] | I paid attention. | 观察了一下 |
[27:07] | Very close attention. | 观察得非常仔细 |
[27:17] | Oh, thank you. Please. But that’s just memory 101. | 谢谢 不过这只是记忆力方面的小儿科 |
[27:20] | Let’s move forward into the advanced coursework. | 让我们转入高级课程吧 |
[27:23] | For memory to be useful, | 要想记忆力发挥作用 |
[27:24] | it has to be as accurate and as fast as a camera. | 就必须使其如照相机一般精准和迅速 |
[27:28] | How many animals did you get, Lisbon? | 你拿了多少动物 里斯本 |
[27:30] | Around 30. | 大概三十个 |
[27:31] | And you got them from Linda’s office? | 是从琳达的办公室里拿的吧 |
[27:32] | Yes, I did. | 是 没错 |
[27:33] | All of the animals came from Linda’s office. | 所有的动物都来自琳达的办公室 |
[27:36] | That’s a place that I have never been. | 之前我从没去过那儿 |
[27:38] | And in a moment, I will turn around | 一会儿 我会回过头 |
[27:41] | and look behind me– and just for a few seconds– | 看我身后的东西 只需要几秒钟 |
[27:43] | and I will memorize every animal on those tables in order. | 我就能按顺序记住桌上的所有动物 |
[27:48] | And then I will show you how you can do the same. | 然后我会教你们如何做到这一点 |
[27:50] | How do we know you didn’t already memorize them? | 谁知道你是不是已经背下来了 |
[27:53] | Ah. A skeptic. I should have known. | 有个怀疑论者 我早该想到的 |
[27:56] | And you’re right. | 不过你说得对 |
[27:57] | There’s no reason for you to trust me. | 你们没道理要相信我 |
[27:59] | Paul, would you mind rearranging the animals | 保罗 你能不能把那些动物 |
[28:03] | any way you see fit? | 按你认为合适的方式重新摆放 |
[28:04] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[28:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:07] | The human brain. | 人类的大脑 |
[28:10] | Once you get it working right, it can be incredibly effective. | 只要运用得当 就能异常高效 |
[28:13] | The mind can do some miraculous things. | 我们的大脑能作出很多不可思议的事情 |
[28:16] | Uh, like… telling the future. | 比如 预知未来 |
[28:20] | Which is what I’m doing right now. | 正如我现在所做的一样 |
[28:22] | Bull. | 吹牛 |
[28:28] | For that… | 你要是这么说 |
[28:31] | You can be the one who holds the prediction. | 就由你来拿着这个预言吧 |
[28:34] | Science is about prediction, isn’t it? | 科学就是预言 不是吗 |
[28:37] | Predictions based on hard data, not fortunetelling. | 是以确实的数据为基础的预言 不是算命 |
[28:40] | Ahh. Well, you say “Tomato,” | 表达不同而已 |
[28:42] | I say scientists believe in rational thought. | 我认为科学家推崇理性思维 |
[28:45] | And grids and lists and classification, | 表格 列表 分类 |
[28:47] | which is fine, but it’s not how the world works, | 这些都没问题 可世界不是这么运转的 |
[28:49] | and it’s certainly not how the brain works. | 当然大脑也并非如此运转的 |
[28:51] | You’re saying people aren’t rational? | 你是说人是非理性的吗 |
[28:54] | Well, being rational is a tool, | 保持理性只是一种手段 |
[28:57] | but it’s not the only tool we have. | 但并非我们掌握的唯一手段 |
[28:59] | Long before we stuffed our knowledge into graphs and charts, | 早在我们把知识填进图表前 |
[29:03] | we used older and, in some cases, | 我们就用上了很多古老的方式 有时候 |
[29:05] | more entertaining ways to remember things. | 是更为有趣的方式来记事 |
[29:08] | How we doing there, Paul? | 怎么样了 保罗 |
[29:10] | – I think we’re good. – Excellent. Please, take a seat. | -好了 -太好了 请坐吧 |
[29:13] | Now, I’d like to show you what I’m talking about. | 现在 我要让你们见识一下我的理论 |
[29:23] | Lisbon, uh, would you mind? | 里斯本 劳驾 |
[29:26] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[29:29] | We can create a memory by building a palace in our minds. | 我们可以依靠在大脑中建造一座宫殿来记忆 |
[29:35] | We can sing ourselves a song, | 我们可以给自己唱首歌 |
[29:38] | or tell ourselves a little story. | 或是讲个小故事 |
[29:40] | A story of a bully– | 首先是个恶霸的故事 |
[29:43] | A gray fox– | 一只灰色的狐狸 |
[29:45] | And a little brave man– | 和一个小个子勇士 |
[29:46] | A rat– | 一只老鼠 |
[29:48] | That stood up for his chubby little buddy the toad | 他为他胖乎乎的兄弟癞蛤蟆 |
[29:51] | and his friend egghead. | 和他的朋友蛋头出头 |
[29:54] | The story of a man in a tuxedo | 接着是个穿燕尾服的男人的故事 |
[29:56] | who snaked his way through a crowd | 他在人群中躲躲闪闪 |
[29:58] | to meet a woman in a colorful dress. | 去见一位穿着华服的女人 |
[30:01] | Penguin, cobra, three squirrels, and a parrot. | 企鹅 蟒蛇 三只松鼠 还有一只鹦鹉 |
[30:05] | The story of flight… | 接着是个关于飞行的故事 |
[30:07] | An owl, a bat, a moth, | 猫头鹰 蝙蝠 飞蛾 |
[30:11] | All… | 全部… |
[30:13] | Ah, I sense I made a mistake. | 看来我说错了 |
[30:16] | No moth. | 没有飞蛾 |
[30:19] | Well, perhaps my prediction will explain my error. | 也许我做的预言能解释我犯的错 |
[30:25] | Uh, Jeanette, could you read it out, please? | 珍妮特 请读出来 好吗 |
[30:30] | “The moth is in Paul’s pocket”? | 飞蛾在保罗的口袋里 |
[30:33] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[30:34] | The moth. | 那只飞蛾 |
[30:36] | The moth you stole from the table | 那只你从桌上偷的飞蛾 |
[30:38] | When you were rearranging the animals– | 当你重新摆放动物时 |
[30:40] | It’s in your pocket. | 在你口袋里面 |
[30:42] | I’m gonna need you to empty your pockets. | 我需要你清空你的口袋 |
[30:44] | Come on. | 快点 |
[30:47] | Let’s have a look. | 让我们看看 |
[30:50] | Paul, why did you take the moth? | 保罗 你拿这只飞蛾做什么 |
[30:54] | That’s a California Jade Moth. | 那是只加利福尼亚绿玉蛾 |
[30:56] | – So it is. – The kind he discovered. | -是的 -这物种是他发现的 |
[30:58] | I thought the only other one was in the museum. | 我以为唯一的一只收藏在博物馆里 |
[31:00] | – Where did that come from? – Wait a second. | -那这只是从哪儿来的 -等一下 |
[31:02] | You said all the animals | 你说过所有的动物 |
[31:03] | came from Linda’s office. | 都是从琳达办公室拿来的 |
[31:04] | They did. | 是从那拿的 |
[31:06] | Linda died before Paul discovered the moth. | 保罗在琳达死后才发现了这种飞蛾 |
[31:09] | This moth couldn’t have come from her… office. | 这飞蛾不可能是从她办公室拿的 |
[31:10] | You’ll get there. | 你会想明白的 |
[31:12] | Unless… she discovered the moth first. | 除非 是她先发现的这种飞蛾 |
[31:17] | Paul… | 保罗 |
[31:19] | You didn’t kill Linda. | 不会是你杀了琳达吧 |
[31:20] | Yes, he did. | 对 就是他 |
[31:22] | But, uh, I confess– | 但是 我承认 |
[31:25] | that moth didn’t come from Linda’s office. | 那只飞蛾不是我从琳达办公室拿的 |
[31:27] | I… | 我 |
[31:28] | s– | 偷 |
[31:30] | Well, I-I borrowed it from the museum… | 我从博物馆借出来的 |
[31:33] | to prove a point. | 为了证明我的观点 |
[31:34] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[31:40] | I’d just had a paper rejected. | 之前我的论文不被接受 |
[31:43] | Peer review threw it back at me. | 被同行审查打回 |
[31:46] | Dr. Kidd was so disappointed. | 基德博士非常失望 |
[31:49] | She never said anything. | 她从没说过什么 |
[31:51] | She never had to. | 她也不需要说 |
[31:52] | How did Linda come into it? | 琳达的死跟这些事有什么关系 |
[31:55] | It was late night at the lab. | 那天半夜在实验室里 |
[31:58] | Uh, she came in fresh from the forest, excited. | 她刚刚从森林里回来 非常兴奋 |
[32:02] | Uh, she’d seen one of her woodpeckers eating a moth | 她看到她的一只啄木鸟正在吃一只 |
[32:05] | that she couldn’t identify. | 她说不出种类的飞蛾 |
[32:07] | So she put down some bait and caught one. | 所以她放了些诱饵并抓住了一只 |
[32:10] | We found the brown sugar in her office. | 我们在她的办公室找到了红糖 |
[32:13] | Was that her bait? | 就是她的诱饵吗 |
[32:14] | Yeah. | 对 |
[32:15] | I knew what it was the moment I saw it. | 当我看到它的一瞬间我就知道这它是什么 |
[32:18] | A new species. | 一个新物种 |
[32:20] | I mean, that’s articles, | 它将带来新文章 |
[32:22] | that’s museum exhibits, | 博物馆展览 |
[32:23] | that’s money for the program. | 为项目带来资金 |
[32:25] | I saw myself naming the moth. | 我看到未来由我自己命名这种飞蛾 |
[32:28] | I’d–I’d always wanted to name something. | 我一直都想要给什么东西命名 |
[32:32] | My job was on the line. | 我的工作岌岌可危 |
[32:34] | My future. | 还有我的未来 |
[32:36] | I needed it… | 我需要这只飞蛾 |
[32:38] | to survive. | 来度过难关 |
[32:50] | I just lost myself completely. | 我完全失去了理智 |
[32:53] | I came back to my senses, | 当我回过神以后 |
[32:56] | I cleaned up, | 把现场收拾干净 |
[32:58] | lots of ways to clean blood in our lab. | 在我们实验室有很多种清理血迹的方法 |
[33:00] | And then, I gave Linda to the worms. | 然后 我让蠕虫来处理琳达 |
[33:18] | Then I went out to the part of the forest | 之后我去了琳达之前 |
[33:19] | where I knew she’d been | 发现飞蛾的 |
[33:22] | discovered the moth. | 那片树林 |
[33:26] | I came back and got my accolades. | 然后我回来 归功于我自己 |
[33:29] | I saved my job. | 我保住了我的工作 |
[33:33] | I got everything I wanted. | 得到了一切我渴望得到的东西 |
[33:48] | Dr. Kidd. | 基德博士 |
[33:51] | Sonia, please. | 请叫我索尼亚 |
[33:54] | I wanted to thank you for catching Paul. | 我想要感谢你抓住了保罗 |
[33:57] | Ah. There’s no thanks necessary. | 你不必客气 |
[34:02] | Linda’s dead, Paul’s in jail, | 琳达死了 保罗进了监狱 |
[34:05] | and Megan is being expelled. | 梅根将被开除 |
[34:08] | I don’t think the program will ever recover. | 我想这个项目永远不会恢复了 |
[34:11] | The program isn’t real. | 项目并不是真实存在的 |
[34:13] | The question is, will you recover? | 问题是 你能从中恢复吗 |
[34:18] | I felt so powerless. | 我觉得非常无力 |
[34:20] | I mean, what can you do in the face of death? | 我是说 面对死亡你又能做什么呢 |
[34:24] | You’re not powerless, though. | 但是你并不软弱无力 |
[34:26] | You act. | 你会行动 |
[34:28] | Well, there’s one thing you can do. | 至少你可以做这件事 |
[34:29] | Uh… Paul took a lot of pride in naming that moth, when… | 保罗通过命名那种飞蛾获得了很多的荣誉 |
[34:33] | When it should have been Linda who named it. | 但实际上应该是琳达来命名它 |
[34:35] | Yes. | 没错 |
[34:37] | I’ll make sure to rename it after her. | 我会确保飞蛾将重新以她来命名 |
[34:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:42] | Pleasure. | 是我的荣幸 |
[34:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[34:51] | Makes sense. | 讲得通 |
[34:52] | All the good ones are taken. | 好男人都有主了 |
[34:54] | Please. | 得了吧 |
[34:55] | Natural selection, I suppose. | 我想是物竞天择 |
[34:57] | Come on. | 行啦 |
[34:59] | Good-bye, Patrick. | 再见 派翠克 |
[35:01] | Good-bye, Sonia. | 再见 索尼亚 |
[35:12] | $500 to Dawkins. | 追加道金斯五百美元 |
[35:15] | Nope. | 不跟 |
[35:18] | I’ll, uh… | 我要 |
[35:21] | raise $100. | 加注一百美元 |
[35:25] | Well, I’m just gonna have to raise you another $100. | 看来我不得不再加注一百美元 |
[35:29] | When are you gonna learn, Gale? | 你怎么就不学会教训呢 盖尔 |
[35:41] | Raise $1,000. | 再加注一千美元 |
[35:46] | All in. | 全押上 |
[36:05] | Two pair. | 两对 |
[36:14] | Flush. | 同花 |
[36:17] | Flush takes the pot. | 同花更大 |
[36:24] | “Goodnight moon.” | “晚安 月亮” |
[36:28] | “Goodnight stars.” | “晚安 星星” |
[36:31] | Goodnight Judge. | 晚安 大法官 |
[36:39] | You see that? Did you see that? | 你看到没 你刚才看到没 |
[36:41] | The flush? It was very nice. | 同花吗 非常带劲 |
[36:42] | Ah, I gutted him! | 我把他赢光了 |
[36:44] | I would say so, yeah. | 我也这么想 |
[36:46] | That was very slick, you having Jane give me lessons. | 你很聪明 让简来给我上课 |
[36:49] | You must really want to help Van Pelt. | 看来你真得很想帮范佩尔 |
[36:51] | What did Jane do? | 简到底做了什么 |
[36:53] | Oh, now there’s no need to be coy. | 现在不要再跟我打哑谜啦 |
[36:55] | I don’t have a problem with a little quid pro quo. | 我会给你相应回报的 |
[36:58] | The white hat program, wasn’t it? | 白帽黑客项目 对吗 |
[37:01] | I’ll authorize the stipend in the morning. | 明早我就会批准津贴 |
[37:03] | Thank you, Sir. | 谢谢你 长官 |
[37:05] | No, no. Thank you. | 不 不 多谢你 |
[37:06] | – And thank Jane. – I will. | -还要谢谢简 -我会的 |
[37:16] | And some scientists think the T.Rex could run | 一些科学家认为霸王龙 |
[37:18] | up to 45 miles an hour. | 一小时可以跑45英里[72.4公里] |
[37:20] | That’s apex predator. | 它是顶级捕食者 |
[37:21] | – You know what that means? – Yes. | -你知道这意味着什么吗 -是的 |
[37:22] | That means they’re top of the food chain. | 这意味着它们是食物链的最顶端 |
[37:24] | – They eat everything. – So? | -它们能吃掉任何动物 -所以呢 |
[37:25] | So… T. Rex beats triceratops. I win. | 所以霸王龙比三角龙更强 我赢了 |
[37:29] | You went home last night and googled dinosaurs, | 你昨晚回家百度了恐龙 |
[37:31] | – didn’t you? – Yeah, I did. | -是不是 -没错 我查了 |
[37:32] | You have no life. I win. | 机会用光了 我赢了 |
[37:41] | I owe her from yesterday. | 我昨天欠她的 |
[37:43] | She’s on her way to the airport. | 她正在去机场的路上 |
[37:47] | Oh. Yeah, for that white hat thing. | 对 为了那个什么白帽项目的事 |
[37:49] | I thought there wasn’t money. | 我以为资金不够呢 |
[37:52] | Lisbon fixed it. | 里斯本把它解决了 |
[37:57] | Would have been nice to say good-bye. | 要是能对她说再见就好了 |
[38:00] | Yeah, well, cowards don’t get to say good-bye | 对啊 胆小鬼想说再见的时候 |
[38:02] | when they want. | 从来说不出口 |
[38:03] | Cow–wow. | 胆小 |
[38:05] | Where’d that come from? You calling me a coward? | 你为什么这么说 你叫我胆小鬼 |
[38:06] | Yep. | 没错 |
[38:07] | How so? | 此话怎讲 |
[38:14] | How long have you been pretending | 你假装没有爱着范佩尔 |
[38:15] | you’re not in love with Van Pelt? | 装了多长时间了 |
[38:16] | Who says I’m in love with Van Pelt? | 谁说我爱着范佩尔了 |
[38:18] | I was once, a long time ago, but not anymore. | 我很久以前有过 但之后再没有了 |
[38:20] | We’re just… we’re just… good friends. | 我们只是 只不过是 好朋友 |
[38:23] | You’re a coward and terrible liar. | 你是个胆小鬼和糟糕的骗子 |
[38:25] | Uh… says you. | 你胡扯 |
[38:28] | “Coward.” What does he know about relationships? | 胆小鬼 他懂什么是恋爱吗 |
[38:31] | Yeah, well, you date pregnant hookers | 你就跟怀孕的妓女约会 |
[38:32] | And your– your dinosaur eats grass! | 而且你的恐龙是吃草的 |
[38:44] | – Morning. – Good morning. | -早 -早上好 |
[38:46] | We’re gonna be short-staffed for a while. | 这段时间我们人手会不够 |
[38:48] | Van Pelt’s off to L.A. | 范佩尔启程去洛杉矶了 |
[38:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:51] | Adult education’s a beautiful thing. | 成人教育是很美好的事 |
[38:53] | Uh, speaking of which, uh… | 说到这 |
[38:55] | I’ve upset the ecosystem of the poker game. | 我破坏了扑克游戏的生态系统 |
[38:59] | I think you’ve been spending too much time at the museum. | 我想你在博物馆呆了太久了 |
[39:01] | “Upset the ecosystem”? | “破坏了生态系统” |
[39:03] | Bertram’s now a better poker player because of me. | 全靠我 伯特伦现在牌技进步了 |
[39:06] | The ecosystem has changed. You need to adapt or die. | 生态系统改变了 你要么适应它要么就死亡 |
[39:09] | Who says I need the help? | 谁说我需要帮助的 |
[39:15] | Don’t try to razzle-dazzle me. | 别想跟我耍花招 |
[39:17] | Money talks. | 有钱能使鬼推磨 |
[39:20] | What do we use for stakes? | 我们用什么来做筹码 |
[39:21] | You can’t play poker without stakes. | 没有筹码怎么打扑克 |
[39:23] | Oh, I have that covered. | 我已经搞定了 |
[39:25] | Herbivores are worth 1, carnivores are worth 5. | 食草动物算一 食肉动物算五 |
[39:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[39:33] | Deal. | 发牌 |
[39:40] | What do you got? | 你有什么牌 |
[39:50] | All in. | 全押了 |
[39:51] | You’re bluffing. I call. | 你在虚张声势 我跟注 |
[39:53] | Really? | 你确定 |
[39:55] | Okay, are you cheating? | 好吧 你出老千了吗 |
[39:57] | No. | 没有 |
[40:00] | I’m gonna smoke you. | 我赢定你了 |