时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:36] | 停 电 下 篇: 模拟辩论 | |
[01:46] | Backup generators should have come on already. | 备用发电机早该启动了 |
[01:48] | – Maybe it just needs a minute. – It doesn’t just need a minute. | -也许需要等一会儿 -根本不需要等 |
[01:50] | It’s an emergency generator that’s supposed to make a seamless handoff | 应急发电机本该无缝切换 |
[01:52] | so if this happens during a show. | 以防在直播时停电 |
[01:54] | – Herb? – Power’s out in the whole building. | -赫布 -整栋楼都停电了 |
[01:56] | It’s been explained to me 19 different ways | 他们用19种方式向我解释过 |
[01:58] | how we can never lose power in the studio. | 演播室里绝不会停电 |
[02:01] | What about all the redundancies? | 冗余电源呢 |
[02:02] | There was a round of budget cuts before you got here. | 你来之前 台里刚削减了预算 |
[02:04] | – And they cut some of the redundancies… – Don’t say it. | -削减了一些冗余电源… -别说了 |
[02:06] | because they thought they were redundant. | 因为他们觉得有些多余 |
[02:09] | Okay. | 好了 |
[02:10] | That’s a good sign, right? | 这是个好兆头 对吧 |
[02:11] | Those are battery powered. | 那些灯是电池供电的 |
[02:12] | When should I start to worry? | 我该开始担心了吗 |
[02:14] | I’d have started already. | 早该了 |
[02:15] | Electricians are on their way. | 电工马上就到 |
[02:17] | We lost power in the studio. | 演播室里停电了 |
[02:19] | What makes you say that? | 你是怎么发觉的 |
[02:25] | Everybody, listen up. It’s the whole building. | 大家听好 整栋楼都停电了 |
[02:29] | We’ve sent for maintenance to check on our generator. | 我们找了维修人员来检修发电机 |
[02:31] | – They should be here in a minute. – They’ve got to walk up 25 floors. | -他们马上就会到 -他们得爬25层楼 |
[02:33] | Okay, they should be here in a couple of hours. | 好吧 他们几小时内就到 |
[02:37] | Neal, I want you to be in charge | 尼尔 你来负责 |
[02:39] | of rationing battery life for laptops and cell phones. | 笔记本和手机的电池配给 |
[02:41] | – I have a question. – Yes? | -我有个问题 -什么 |
[02:42] | What if the power doesn’t go back on? | 要是不来电怎么办 |
[02:44] | I don’t think that’s a realistic possibility. | 你觉得这可能吗 |
[02:45] | I don’t mean ever. I mean | 又不是说永远不来电 |
[02:47] | what if the power doesn’t go on by showtime? | 要是到节目播出的时间还没来电怎么办 |
[02:49] | Do we have a contingency? | 有应急方案吗 |
[02:53] | No. | 没有 |
[02:55] | Mac? | 麦肯 |
[02:58] | A miracle. | 奇迹 |
[03:05] | A miracle happens. | 奇迹发生 |
[03:08] | We become a team again. | 我们回归为一个团队 |
[03:13] | We all hate this, right? | 大家都讨厌这样 对吧 |
[03:14] | We’re gonna hate it more after 10 minutes of no air conditioning. | 再停上10分钟空调 就更讨厌了 |
[03:16] | No, not the power outage. | 不 我不是说停电 |
[03:18] | We hate what we’re doing. | 我们讨厌 自己正在做的事 |
[03:20] | We hate that we’re covering casey Anthony and Anthony Weiner. | 讨厌自己报道凯西·安东尼和安东尼·韦纳 |
[03:24] | We hate that we have to do it to save the ratings. | 讨厌自己为了挽救收视率 而出此下策 |
[03:26] | We hate that we have to bump important stories. | 我们讨厌自己 为此而砍掉重要新闻 |
[03:28] | And we’re starting to be not very pleasant people to be around. | 渐渐地 我们变得难以相处 |
[03:33] | Guys, this is real. | 这是真的 |
[03:35] | I’m not making this up. | 不是我编的 |
[03:37] | Just a minute ago when I was prepping | 就在刚才 我正准备 |
[03:39] | for a pretape with that idiot who’s still sitting in the studio… | 给还坐在演播室里的那蠢蛋做预录时 |
[03:41] | – Are you talking about me? – No! | -你在说我吗 -不是 |
[03:43] | Yes. When I was prepping for her pretape I said, | 就是 在我准备给她做预录时 我说 |
[03:45] | “God, please show me a sign that I’m not doing a big thing badly.” | “上帝请给我个指示 我是不是大错特错了” |
[03:50] | And right that second all the power went out. | 就在那一刻 停电了 |
[03:54] | And so obviously I thought, “There’s my answer.” | 我当时想 “这就是他的回答” |
[03:57] | Raise your hand if Mac’s freaking you the hell out right now. | 谁被麦肯吓着了 请举手 |
[03:59] | No, listen to me! | 不 听我说 |
[04:01] | Just tell us how we do the show if the power doesn’t– | 告诉我 如果不来电我们怎么做节目 |
[04:03] | By being a team again. And that was God’s plan. | 回归为一个团队 这是上帝的计划 |
[04:06] | Keep God out of this and talk more about electricity. | 别提上帝 说说供电的事 |
[04:08] | We do the show outside right in the plaza. | 我们去外面的广场上做节目 |
[04:11] | – How? – Yeah, we can do this. | -怎么做 -是啊 我们能做到 |
[04:13] | What do we need? A desk, a camera, | 我们需要什么 一张桌子 一台摄像机 |
[04:16] | some microphones, and a way to beam a signal into space. | 几支话筒 还有发射信号的装置 |
[04:18] | The grips take apart the anchor desk. | 工作人员把主播台拆了 |
[04:20] | And carry it down 25 flights? | 然后搬下25层楼吗 |
[04:22] | You bet your ass they do. | 绝对没问题 |
[04:23] | We can use a single tripod-mounted handheld. | 可以把便携机架在三脚架上 |
[04:25] | – We park a sat truck out there. – That’s right. | -在外面停辆卫星车 -没错 |
[04:27] | – Run the video and graphics through Washington. – Yes! | -录像和图像从华盛顿那边播 -没错 |
[04:30] | I’m in your sight line the whole time, | 我会保持在你视线中 |
[04:31] | in your ear and standing next to camera. | 站在摄像机旁 用耳机给你指示 |
[04:34] | I’ll have a laptop with a constant iNews connection. | 我找一台笔记本 时刻连接着iNews |
[04:36] | How do we get power to editors to run the Avids? | 非线编设备的供电怎么办 |
[04:37] | What did they do in Apollo 13? | 阿波罗13号的太空员是怎么做的 |
[04:39] | They shut down all the power in the command module | 他们关闭了指令舱的电力 |
[04:41] | and siphoned it into the LEM. | 进入了登月舱 |
[04:42] | I don’t think that’s gonna work here. | 这招对我们没用吧 |
[04:43] | What would they have done if there was a hardware store in space? | 如果太空里有五金店 他们会怎么做 |
[04:46] | – Buy a generator. – We’re gonna buy two. | -买发电机 -咱们要买两台 |
[04:48] | One goes in an Avid bay and the other stays downstairs. | 一台给非线编设备供电 另一台演播现场用 |
[04:51] | – What time does the sun set tonight? – 8:37. | -今晚太阳几点下山 -8点37分 |
[04:53] | Why in the world would you know that? | 你怎么会知道这种事 |
[04:55] | One of those things. | 个人爱好 |
[04:55] | We’ll need HMIs with gels for the top half hour | 前半小时用带滤光片的HMI灯 |
[04:58] | and incandescents for the bottom half. | 后半小时用白炽灯 |
[04:59] | We need the NYPD for security | 由纽约警局负责安保 |
[05:01] | and we need to trust each other. | 我们要互相信任 |
[05:05] | Does anybody think we’re not good enough to pull this off? | 有谁认为我们没本事做到吗 |
[05:08] | No! | 没有 |
[05:09] | Should I still be sitting here? | 我应该继续坐在这儿吗 |
[05:10] | I’m so sorry, Sandy. | 不好意思 桑迪 |
[05:11] | I know you had your heart set on entertaining us | 我知道你决心要和我们分享 |
[05:13] | with private details of a man you were sexting with | 你的色情短信对象的隐私细节 |
[05:15] | and maybe a “Playboy” Spread, | 或是他的《花花公子》版面 |
[05:17] | but we’re not able to do pretape. | 但现在没法做预录了 |
[05:19] | So if you want to do the show, you’re gonna have to do it live. | 你若想上节目 就只能做现场 |
[05:22] | I already committed to FOX, | 我已经答应FOX台了 |
[05:23] | and no offense, but it’s a bigger audience. | 无意冒犯 但他们的观众更多 |
[05:25] | Shoot! Does anybody think we can’t do this? | 该死 有谁认为我们没本事做的 |
[05:28] | – No! – This is a blessing in disguise. | -没有 -塞翁失马 焉知非福 |
[05:31] | I say the power going out is the best thing that ever happened to us. | 照我说 这场停电反倒是”福” |
[05:35] | I say the power going out is what is gonna save this… | 照我说 这场停电即将拯救… |
[05:39] | Son of a bitch! | 你妹啊 |
[05:46] | You’re a freaking riot, you know that? | 你耍我啊你 |
[05:59] | I meant to tell you, | 我跟你说 |
[06:02] | you should use the word bombshell more | 今晚凯西·安东尼的报道 |
[06:03] | in the Casey Anthony coverage tonight. | 你该多用几次”出人意料” |
[06:15] | Sandy, you’re back in business. | 桑迪 我们继续 |
[06:17] | – Great. – Let’s go. | -好极了 -来吧 |
[06:20] | Bombshell after bombshell today | 今日凯西·安东尼 |
[06:22] | in the trial of Casey Anthony for the murder of | 被告谋杀两岁亲生女儿凯丽的庭审中 |
[06:24] | her two-year-old daughter Caylee. | 连连出人意料 |
[06:26] | Casey’s brother, Lee Anthony, took the stand | 凯西的兄长李·安东尼出庭作证 |
[06:28] | to testify about the events of the night of July 15, 2008, | 描述2008年7月15日晚发生的事 |
[06:31] | when Caylee was reported missing. | 即凯丽被报失踪当晚 |
[06:34] | – Watch and listen. It’s riveting stuff. – Roll five. | -仔细看 很精彩 -进五号视频 |
[06:36] | When you asked your sister | 当你问你妹妹 |
[06:38] | why won’t you allow us to see Caylee, | 为什么不让你见凯丽的时候 |
[06:41] | what do you recall her saying? | 还记得她怎么说吗 |
[06:44] | I told Detective Edwards that she said… | 我告诉爱德华警官 她说… |
[06:47] | I’m paraphrasing… | 这不是原话 |
[06:49] | “Because maybe I’m a spiteful bitch.” | “可能因为我是个狠毒的贱人” |
[06:51] | Lee Anthony described his odyssey that month | 李·安东尼描述了那个月 |
[06:54] | trying to find his missing niece. | 寻找外甥女的艰苦历程 |
[06:56] | Oddly, he was never questioned | 奇怪的是 辩方称 他曾猥过凯西 |
[06:57] | about the defense’s claim he molested Casey. | 但他从未因此受到盘问 |
[07:00] | For the latest, we’re joined live from Orlando | 最后 我们连线ACN在奥兰多的记者 |
[07:02] | by ACN’s Selena Machado. | 赛琳娜·玛奇朵 |
[07:04] | – Can you describe how you’re feeling right now? – No. | -你能描述一下现在的感受吗 -不能 |
[07:06] | Selena, how did Casey seem today | 赛琳娜 在兄长陈词过程中 |
[07:08] | during her brother’s testimony? | 凯西看起来如何 |
[07:09] | Well, her demeanor was different with Lee | 她跟李在一起时的行为举止 |
[07:11] | than it was with her mother. | 与跟母亲在一起时截然不同 |
[07:13] | The normally outspoken Democratic New York congressman | 坦率直言的纽约民主党议员 |
[07:15] | is suddenly tongue-tied and evasive. | 突然变得吞吞吐吐 含糊其辞 |
[07:17] | Here he is again today with “The Today Show”‘s Luke Russert. | 今天他又上了卢克·卢瑟特的《今日秀》 |
[07:17] | 美国收视率最高的晨间新闻和脱口秀节目 卢克·卢瑟特是NBC台采访众议员的国会记者 | |
[07:20] | – Roll 16. – That’s not a picture of you? | -进16号视频 -那不是你的照片吗 |
[07:22] | You know, I can’t say with certitude. | 我不能确定 |
[07:24] | My system was hacked. Pictures can be manipulated. | 我的电脑被黑了 照片可能是伪造的 |
[07:27] | Pictures can be dropped in and inserted. | 也可能是拼接而成的 |
[07:29] | Someone committed a prank on me. | 是有人对我恶作剧 |
[07:31] | Somehow got access to my Twitter account | 盗窃了我的推特账号 |
[07:33] | and right away put up a picture | 然后立刻贴出一张艳照 |
[07:36] | that made fun of the name Weiner. | 开”韦纳”这名字的玩笑 |
[07:37] | Hey, we can be doing mock debate prep during this. | 我们可以利用这段时间准备模拟辩论 |
[07:43] | Hey, debate prep. | 准备辩论吧 |
[07:46] | You don’t have to watch this. | 你们没必要看这个 |
[07:48] | We don’t know for sure what happened here. | 我们不能确定到底发生了什么 |
[07:51] | I spoke earlier today with Sandy Witless, | 今天早些时候 我采访了桑迪·惠特斯 |
[07:53] | – a bartender… – Whiddles, like carving wood. | -一名酒吧招待… -惠德斯 就像刻木头 |
[07:55] | Excuse me, Sandy Whiddles, a bartender here in Manhattan | 抱歉 桑迪·惠德斯 曼哈顿酒吧招待 |
[07:58] | who had been tweeting with congressman Weiner for the past several months. | 她与韦纳议员在推特上聊了数月 |
[08:01] | – Here’s that interview. – Roll 22. | -下面是采访内容 -进22号视频 |
[08:03] | – Thank you for speaking to us, Sandy. – Thank you. | -谢谢你接受采访 桑迪 -谢谢 |
[08:06] | When did you become a Twitter follower of the congressman? | 你几时开始在推特上”关注”议员先生的 |
[08:08] | Let me say first that I was more than a follower. | 首先声明 我不仅仅是”关注”了他 |
[08:10] | We had a relationship, which is obvious when you read the texts. | 我们有暧昧关系的 一看聊天记录便知 |
[08:14] | Does he usually smoke at his desk? | 他常在主播台上抽烟吗 |
[08:17] | I have copies of the texts right here. | 我有聊天记录的打印稿 |
[08:18] | I know you’re eager to read the tweets. | 我知道你很想念出那些聊天记录 |
[08:19] | – We’ll get to those in a moment. – Okay, because… | -我们一会再说 -好的 因为… |
[08:21] | Did the congressman ever talk to you or tweet to you | 议员先生可曾亲口提及 或私信你 |
[08:23] | anything that he was working on in one of his committees? | 任何关于他在委员会里的工作事宜 |
[08:26] | No. I have copies of the tweets right here. | 没有 我有聊天记录的打印稿 |
[08:29] | Two minutes and 20 seconds in the C block to educate the public | 只有2分20秒来教育大众 还是在第三段 |
[08:32] | on most irresponsible economic inaction in my lifetime. | 这可是我平生所见最不负责的经济不作为 |
[08:34] | I know, it’s all upside down because of Casey Anthony. | 我懂 全是因为凯西·安东尼案 |
[08:36] | Once ratings are back up… | 一旦收视率回升… |
[08:37] | We’re committing journalistic malpractice. | 这是新闻渎职罪 |
[08:39] | Fortunately, there’s no such thing. | 幸好 没有这种罪 |
[08:41] | How great would it be if there was? | 要是有的话 该多好 |
[08:42] | I can understand your frustration. | 我能理解你的挫败感 |
[08:44] | – What’s your thing again? – It’s a website for trolls. | -你要做什么来着 -一个钓饵者的网站 |
[08:46] | They get together and talk about their conquests. | 他们聚在一起谈论各自的钓饵战利品 |
[08:48] | And I want to produce a story and Mac’s given me the go-ahead | 我想制作一个新闻故事 麦肯准许我 |
[08:51] | – to go to the next level. – Go on the website? | -继续深入下去 -加入那网站 |
[08:53] | Yeah, but I can’t get in the conversation | 对 但我没法打入内部 |
[08:54] | till I can point to another website and show how I’ve… | 除非我能展示 我在另一个网站… |
[08:56] | – Been an asshole? – Yes. | -干了混事 -是的 |
[08:58] | I have to go onto a message board and disrupt the conversation | 我必须去留言板里捣乱 |
[09:01] | to the extent that havoc ensues. | 制造出巨大混乱 |
[09:02] | Then I can go on the troll website and brag about it. | 然后我就能去钓饵网站炫耀了 |
[09:04] | But you don’t want to do something or say something | 但你不想用你的言论 |
[09:06] | – that would hurt someone you don’t know. – Right. | -中伤陌生人 -对 |
[09:07] | You want to say things that would hurt me. | 你想用言论来中伤我 |
[09:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:13] | What website? | 什么网站 |
[09:14] | You’ve heard of EconomyBrain.com? | 你听说过经济头脑网吗 |
[09:16] | Yes, it’s a financial news aggregate blog and discussion forum | 听过 是集合财经新闻的博客和论坛 |
[09:19] | that attracts an intelligent level of debate. | 充满了高水平的辩论 |
[09:21] | And the commenters have a very high opinion of your analyses. | 许多评论员都对你的分析 评价很高 |
[09:23] | So you’d like my permission to… | 所以你是想我允许你… |
[09:25] | Jump in there and invent heinous and incendiary lies about you, | 冲进论坛 煽动造谣 诽谤你 |
[09:28] | end the intelligent debate, and start a whole new one | 终结高水平辩论 开启一个新话题 |
[09:30] | about, say, whether or not you’re a whore. | 比如 你是不是个婊子 |
[09:33] | My dad has friends who are economists, too, | 我爸也有些经济学家朋友 |
[09:35] | So with Father’s Day just around the corner, | 父亲节近在眼前 |
[09:36] | this’ll save me the trouble of shopping for him. | 看来我不用费事给他买礼物了 |
[09:38] | I know. | 我明白 |
[09:39] | Just print out the whole whore debate and | 我只要把婊子辩论的全文打出来 |
[09:40] | put it in a nice frame for him. | 好好裱起来 送给他就行了 |
[09:42] | It would be my first story, | 这是我的第一则报道 |
[09:43] | and I really think it’s a good one. | 我真的觉得这故事很棒 |
[09:51] | I think so, too. | 我有同感 |
[09:53] | Just let me know when it’s over. | 结束了告诉我 |
[09:55] | – You’re the greatest. – I really am. | -你是最棒的 -我还真是 |
[10:07] | This is Hang Chew’s. | 这家店叫”杭州” |
[10:09] | The staff adopted it as their hangout | 员工常来这儿玩 |
[10:11] | ’cause they get cheap food and drinks until 9:00. | 因为这里九点前 都有便宜食物和饮料 |
[10:14] | – Can you spell that? – N-I-N-E O-C– | -怎么拼 -鸡咦偶 – 九 |
[10:17] | Okay. | 算了 |
[10:21] | Is it important that you treat me like I’m an asshole? | 你把我当做混蛋 真的那么重要吗 |
[10:25] | I wouldn’t say important so much as… | 与其说是重要 不如说… |
[10:27] | – I know you’d agree it would be better – It just sort of feels right. | -我相信 你也认为 -就是感觉好 |
[10:29] | – to keep our personal past out of this. – Yeah. | -还是公私分明比较好 -没错 |
[10:31] | That said, I’d like to point out that you broke up with me, too. | 那我要指出 你也甩过我 |
[10:33] | Listen, Brian… | 听着 布莱恩… |
[10:34] | I broke up with you, we got back together, | 我甩了你 又和好了 |
[10:36] | and then you broke up with me. Those are the facts. | 然后你又甩了我 这是事实 |
[10:38] | I sure hope we’re on the record for this. | 真希望这些能记录在案 |
[10:39] | And during the second act, you were with Will behind my back. | 和好之后 你却背着我和威尔在一起 |
[10:42] | Once again, I was with you behind Will’s back. | 再说一遍 我是背着威尔和你在一起 |
[10:45] | Yeah, and it makes me feel great when you say that, | 你这么说 我感觉好多了 |
[10:48] | but I do think we should stick to the story. | 但我们还是得忠于事实 |
[10:49] | The story is this: Will is a heavyweight, | 事实就是 威尔是重量级的人物 |
[10:52] | and for a long time he was pretending to be a lightweight, | 却在很长一段时间里 伪装成轻量级 |
[10:55] | because lightweights get higher ratings. | 因为轻量级的收视率更高 |
[10:56] | Yes. | 没错 |
[10:58] | Will’s a lonely guy, isn’t he? | 威尔非常寂寞 不是吗 |
[11:04] | – Is he… – He’s lonely. | -他怎么会… -他很寂寞 |
[11:06] | He doesn’t care about ratings because of the money. | 他在意收视率 不是因为钱 |
[11:08] | He cares about ratings because the audience makes him feel less lonely. | 他在意收视率 是因为观众能消解他的寂寞 |
[11:14] | What do you plan on writing about, Brian? | 你打算写些什么 布莱恩 |
[11:17] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[11:21] | I have to talk to Sloan. Excuse me one second. | 我得找斯隆谈谈 失陪 |
[11:26] | He is a lonely guy. | 他的确很寂寞 |
[11:30] | I don’t know if that started around the time | 我不知 他的寂寞是否因为 |
[11:32] | I told him I’d been sleeping with you, | 我向他坦白 跟你偷情的事 |
[11:33] | but I’ll bet it didn’t help. | 但至少也是火上浇油了 |
[11:40] | Governor Pawlenty, | 波伦蒂州长 |
[11:42] | the possibility exists that New Hampshire will become | 新罕布什尔州可能将成为 |
[11:42] | 《工作权利法》使员工不必强制加入所在公司工会 该法律在州议会通过后 于5月被州长否决 议会需要2/3的票数才能推翻否决 至今未能通过 | |
[11:44] | the 23rd state to pass right-to-work legislation. | 第23个通过《工作权利法》的州 |
[11:47] | As president, would you support a federal right-to-work law? | 您若当选 会支持《工作权利法》成为联邦法吗 |
[11:52] | – You should have this. – Give me a second. | -你应该答得上 -让我想想 |
[11:54] | Try for much of my life | 比如 从我有记忆起 |
[11:56] | my father was a Teamster truck driver. | 我爸就是国际卡车司机兄弟会的一员 |
[11:58] | My brothers and sisters were in Unions. | 我的兄弟姐妹都加入工会 |
[12:00] | I was in a union. | 我也加入了工会 |
[12:01] | We grew up in a blue-collar town. | 我们在一个蓝领小镇长大 |
[12:02] | We live in the United States of America. | 我们生长的土地叫美利坚合众国 |
[12:04] | Governor, we know where we live. | 州长 我知道我们住哪儿 |
[12:05] | Would you support… | 你会支持… |
[12:07] | People shouldn’t be forced to belong to or be a member of any organization. | 人们不该被迫归属或加入任何组织 |
[12:10] | Yes, I strongly support right-to-work legislation. | 是的 我强烈支持《工作权利法》 |
[12:13] | That’s what an answer sounds like. | 这才像个回答的样子 |
[12:16] | – Can I talk to you a sec? – Yeah. | -我能和你谈谈吗 -好 |
[12:21] | Just the fact that they’re debating | 仅仅因为他们还在辩论 |
[12:22] | – whether or not to raise the debt ceiling… – I’m trying. | -是否提高债务上限… -我在争取 |
[12:25] | I need to find a Casey Anthony guest no one else has, | 我得找一个凯西·安东尼案的独家嘉宾 |
[12:27] | and hopefully I won’t be able to do it. | 但愿别让我找到 |
[12:31] | – I’ll be rooting against you. – Good. | -祝你霉运 -谢谢 |
[12:34] | – You doing all right over there? – With him? | -你和那边聊得还行吧 -和他吗 |
[12:36] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是啊 -还行吧 |
[12:38] | ‘Cause you give me the signal and I can just get in there | 只要你给个暗示 我就立马过去 |
[12:40] | – and, you know. – What? | -然后 你懂的 -懂什么 |
[12:44] | – I don’t know. – Okay. | -我也不知道 -好吧 |
[12:46] | – Debt ceiling. – Yeah. | -债务上限 -记住了 |
[12:50] | Just hang in there one more day. | 再多坚持一天 |
[12:52] | It’s not one more day. It’s another month. | 多的不是一天 而是整整一个月 |
[12:54] | The mock debate’s tomorrow. | 模拟辩论就在明天 |
[12:55] | And once that’s over, | 可是 过了之后 |
[12:56] | we need the numbers to protect you from Leona. | 我们还需要收视率 以防莉安娜炒了你 |
[12:58] | Not if Charlie’s guy can do it for us. | 有查理那人帮我们呢 |
[12:59] | And if he doesn’t turn out to be credible? | 万一他不可靠呢 |
[13:01] | Then… I don’t know. Let’s take it one day at a time. | 那…管他呢 先过了今天再说 |
[13:04] | And get a guest that’s promotable. | 还有 找个有看点的嘉宾 |
[13:11] | What are the flowers? | 花是怎么回事 |
[13:14] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[13:15] | – Who are they from? – I don’t know. | -谁送的 -我不知道 |
[13:16] | They didn’t come with a card? | 没附带卡片吗 |
[13:18] | – They did. – The card wasn’t signed? | -附了 -卡片上没署名吗 |
[13:20] | – It was. – Was it another threat? | -署了 -又是恐吓信吗 |
[13:22] | – No. – What am I missing? | -不是 -那我就不懂了 |
[13:23] | Do you really want this on your plate right now? | 你现在真的要管这些事吗 |
[13:25] | The flowers aren’t for me, they aren’t from me, | 花不是给我的 也不是我送的 |
[13:27] | they’re just living in my office for a little while. | 只是在我的办公室暂存一下 |
[13:29] | Can you be satisfied with that? | 这个解释你满意了吗 |
[13:35] | – Are they for me? – Let’s go. | -是送给我的吗 -走吧 |
[13:38] | – Speaker Gingrich. – Yes? | -金里奇议长 -在 |
[13:40] | As a candidate for the Republican nomination for president, | 作为共和党提名的总统候选人 |
[13:42] | 保守派组织”家庭领导人”要求共和党提名的总统候选人签署”婚姻誓言” 内容包括 忠于配偶 反对同性婚姻 捍卫宗教与言论自由等等 但当时金里奇并未签署誓言 6个月后才签署 | |
[13:42] | you signed a fidelity pledge promising to be faithful to your wife. | 您签署了一份誓言 将忠于你的妻子 |
[13:45] | Now hold it right there. | 请你打住 |
[13:46] | Didn’t you also make that same pledge at your three marriage ceremonies? | 您不已经在三次婚礼中 许下了同样的誓言吗 |
[13:50] | I find it absolutely disgusting that the liberal media… | 我很厌恶自由派媒体 这么… |
[13:52] | – Fine. – No, that would be his answer. | -够了 -不 那是候选人的回答 |
[13:54] | I know. Are these guys gonna be ready for tomorrow? | 我知道 你们准备好明天的辩论了吗 |
[13:56] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[13:57] | We blow the mock debate, | 若模拟辩论搞砸 |
[13:58] | we’ve been doing Casey Anthony and Anthony Weiner for nothing. | 那我们对凯西和韦纳的报道 就都白费了 |
[14:01] | They understand. | 他们明白 |
[14:02] | The debate is the only reason we’re scared of the numbers. | 这场辩论是我们担心收视率的唯一原因 |
[14:05] | – Right. – The only reason. | -没错 -唯一原因 |
[14:06] | Right. | 没错 |
[14:09] | We need a Casey Anthony guest no one else has. | 我们要找个凯西·安东尼案的独家嘉宾 |
[14:11] | Let me start here. | 我先问大家 |
[14:13] | By any chance does anyone know anyone who knows anyone | 你们中有谁认识谁认识谁 |
[14:17] | who knows Casey Anthony? | 认识凯西·安东尼的 |
[14:22] | Who? | 谁 |
[14:23] | My roommate Lisa went to high school with her. | 我室友利萨和她是高中同学 |
[14:26] | – Are you kidding me? – No. | -你没开玩笑吧 -没有 |
[14:27] | Why didn’t you…get her on the show. | 你怎么不…找她上节目 |
[14:29] | She’s already been approached by everyone including the agent. | 很多人都找过她了 包括那个经纪人 |
[14:32] | – Dylan Kagin. – She doesn’t want to talk. | -迪伦·卡金 -她不想上节目 |
[14:34] | – Convince her. – She really doesn’t want to talk. | -说服她 -她真的不愿意 |
[14:36] | Be a producer. Do you want me to talk to her? | 拿出制片人的样子来 你想让我去找她吗 |
[14:40] | No, I can do it. | 不用 我能行 |
[14:42] | When you’ve got her booked, let me know so they can start the promos. | 约到她就通知我 以便开始前期宣传 |
[14:45] | Do whatever you have to do. | 要不择手段 |
[14:52] | Okay. | 好了 |
[14:57] | I like it. I do. But does it say Tonys? | 我真的很喜欢 但它跟托尼奖相配吗 |
[15:00] | Well, it’s the Tonys. | 这可是托尼奖 |
[15:01] | You’re gonna be the youngest person there by about 50 years. | 你比所有到场者平均年轻50岁 |
[15:03] | You know what I mean, right? | 你懂我的意思吧 |
[15:05] | I think it looks spectacular on you. | 我觉得你穿上美极了 |
[15:06] | It’s so hard. I’m just not sure it’s for the Tonys. | 太纠结了 我不确定它配不配托尼奖 |
[15:09] | What about Galliano? | 加利亚诺怎么样 |
[15:09] | John Galliano:前法国著名服装品牌克里斯汀·迪奥公司首席设计师 因反犹太言论 于三个月前被公司解雇 将于20天后开庭受审 | |
[15:11] | We, um– we stopped carrying Galliano | 我们自从他… |
[15:14] | after he, you know, came out in support of the Holocaust. | 支持犹太大屠杀后 就不卖他家衣服了 |
[15:17] | I mean, I don’t agree with him, | 我当然不赞同他 |
[15:18] | but that’s no reason to condemn him for life. | 但也没必要判他死刑吧 |
[15:19] | If only the Germans had had the same attitude. | 要是德国人当年也这么宽容就好了 |
[15:22] | I told you on the phone… | 我电话里跟你说过了… |
[15:23] | – I know, that’s why we came in person. – We? | -我明白 所以我们才亲自来 -我们 |
[15:25] | – I’m just here in charge of morale. – I’m with a customer. | -我只是来助阵的 -我有客户 |
[15:27] | – We’re not in a hurry. – We’re actually in a huge hurry. | -我们不急 -其实非常急 |
[15:30] | And I’m actually at my job where I work on commission. | 我的工作是佣金制的 |
[15:31] | And I’m with a customer, so I’ll be done when she’s done. | 所以要等客户挑完了 我才有空 |
[15:34] | – Is that her? – You mean the only person in the store? | -是她吗 -店里还有别人吗 |
[15:36] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -哦 -是她 |
[15:36] | Miss, I’m just a random heterosexual guy from off the street | 小姐 我就是一路过的直男 |
[15:40] | and I think that dress looks great on you. | 我觉得 你穿这裙子美极了 |
[15:43] | Don’t even look at anything else. | 不要再挑了 |
[15:45] | Buy that dress and wear it out of the store. | 买下来吧 就这样穿出去 |
[15:46] | – He’s just a… – Don’t worry. | -他只是… -无视他吧 |
[15:48] | It would have meant more if you’d said you were gay. | 你还不如说自己是同性恋 |
[15:49] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[15:50] | I think I’m gonna try on the Di Santo. | 我想试试那件蒂桑托 |
[15:52] | Sure. Can I get you another glass of wine? | 当然 我再给您来杯葡萄酒 |
[15:54] | Ooh, I’d love that. Thank you. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[15:58] | They’re counting on me. You’d be a big exclusive. | 大家都指望我了 你是大独家 |
[16:00] | It’s what’s called a get. It’s promotable. | 这叫做亮点 可以大肆宣传 |
[16:02] | And we need things that are promotable | 我们现在恰恰需要亮点 |
[16:04] | so we can get daytime viewers to stay with us for the story. | 来吸引日间观众继续看节目 |
[16:06] | Not for nothing, but you’ve never used any of those words before. | 不是我说你 你从来没用过这些词 |
[16:09] | Well, sure, I have. But not in that order. | 我当然用过 只是说的顺序不同而已 |
[16:12] | Guys, it makes me sick. | 这简直令人发指 |
[16:13] | It’s an unspeakable horror that’s happened. | 发生在她身上的事 是惨剧 |
[16:15] | It’s not a television show and I’m not joining the cast. | 不是连续剧 我也不想掺和进去 |
[16:17] | And by the way, a week ago you guys would have said the same exact thing. | 况且 一周前 你俩也会这么说的 |
[16:19] | – A week ago we weren’t fu… – This is bananas! | -一周前 我们没完蛋… -美爆了 |
[16:23] | Well, the bodice hugs your body perfectly. | 腰部剪裁完美贴合您的曲线 |
[16:25] | Look how it shows off your legs. See that? | 看 还能秀出您的腿 |
[16:27] | – I do. – You just got two inches taller. | -的确 -还更显高挑了 |
[16:29] | – Okay, but the big question– – Does it say Tonys? | -但重点还是… -配不配托尼奖 |
[16:30] | – Miss. – Oh, God. | -小姐 -天啊 |
[16:32] | 饰演吉姆的演员John Gallagher于2007年 以音乐剧《春之觉醒》荣获托尼奖 | |
[16:32] | That dress screams Tonys. | 这件礼服散发着托尼奖的气息 |
[16:34] | You’re gonna win in that dress. | 你穿着它 一定能获奖 |
[16:36] | Oh, God, no. I’m not a nominee. | 不不 我没有被提名 |
[16:38] | That’s how good the dress is. | 穿上它 就能获得提名 |
[16:39] | You wear that dress and they’ll just start throwing Tony Awards at your head. | 穿上它 托尼奖杯就会不断向你砸来 |
[16:43] | You, I promise, will have skull contusions | 我保证 你穿上它去参加典礼 |
[16:45] | if you wear that dress to the Tonys. | 一定会被砸得脑浆四溢 |
[16:47] | I’d be terrible at this job. | 我干这行肯定要完蛋 |
[16:48] | Yeah, I have a McQueen that you may love. | 我还有一条麦昆 你可能会喜欢 |
[16:51] | And you know what? If you take it right now, it’s on the house. | 这样吧 如果你现在要了 店家白送 |
[16:53] | – I’m afraid it’s not. – Well, then it’s on me. | -我可不白送 -我来出钱 |
[16:54] | – It’s $11,000. – For a dress?! | -1万1千块 -就一条裙子 |
[16:56] | Once again, I work on commission. | 再说一遍 我是佣金制 |
[16:58] | That’s three times what I paid for my car. | 够我买三辆车了 |
[17:01] | – Let me know if you need any help in there. – Thank you. | -需要我就叫我 -谢谢 |
[17:04] | A week ago we weren’t screwed. | 一周前我们没有完蛋 |
[17:06] | I knew her, that’s it. We cut third period together. | 我曾经认识她而已 我们一起逃过课 |
[17:08] | Will’s gonna treat you very gently. | 威尔会对你很温柔的 |
[17:10] | Well, guess what– did she kill children during Spanish? | 他会问什么 她在西语课上杀过孩子吗 |
[17:13] | – You can provide insight– – No, I can’t. | -你能帮我们了解她 -我不能 |
[17:15] | No, I can’t. I can’t provide insight. | 我不能帮你们了解她 |
[17:18] | I have no earthly idea how she– | 我完全没有任何头绪 |
[17:20] | how this could have happened. | 为什么会发生这种事 |
[17:22] | I can’t provide insight and | 我不能帮你们了解她 |
[17:23] | I can’t stand the people who think they can. | 更鄙视那些自认为了解她的人 |
[17:25] | Lisa, I need a little help with these buttons. | 利萨 能帮我扣扣子吗 |
[17:27] | Sure. | 来了 |
[17:31] | You know what these pants cost me? | 你猜这条裤子值多少钱 |
[17:33] | – $30. – That’s right. | -30块 -没错 |
[17:36] | And they look just as good as the ones that cost $40. | 样式丝毫不比40块的差 |
[17:41] | You think they’re kissing in there? | 你觉得她们是在里面接吻吗 |
[17:43] | Do you think they’re kissing in there? | 你觉得她们在接吻吗 |
[17:46] | If I was a woman, I’d spend the whole day kissing other women. | 我若是女人 肯定整天都在吻其他女人 |
[17:51] | I don’t understand gay men or straight women. | 我理解不了男同和直女 |
[17:53] | You know you’re talking out loud, right? | 你知道自己说出声了吧 |
[17:55] | Take a look. I think it’s whimsical and romantic, but it’s still chic. | 照镜子看看 大胆浪漫 又不乏时髦 |
[17:59] | – I love it. – Look how it defines your waist. | -我非常喜欢 -看它将腰线衬托得多美 |
[18:01] | – I love it! – We have a winner. | -太爱它了 -就这么定了 |
[18:03] | – Can we accessorize? – No, I’m sorry, miss. | -来找些配饰吧 -不行 抱歉 小姐 |
[18:05] | We need to speak to Lisa for just one minute. | 我们需要和利萨谈一谈 |
[18:08] | You can browse in the accessories section | 你可以先去配饰区挑选 |
[18:09] | and we’ll give her right back to you. | 稍后她就来 |
[18:11] | This isn’t her fault, it’s ours. | 这不是她的错 是我们的 |
[18:12] | – Please patronize this store. – What? | -请多光顾本店 -什么 |
[18:15] | Take a look at the jade earrings and I’ll be right with you. | 去看看翡翠耳环吧 我马上就来 |
[18:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:17] | Am I not making myself clear? | 你听不懂我的话吗 |
[18:19] | Lisa, look at me. | 利萨 听我说 |
[18:21] | You know that there is no way we’d be asking you | 你知道 若非事关紧要 |
[18:23] | to do something like this if it wasn’t important. | 我们绝不会这样贸然找你 |
[18:26] | We got ambushed by the trial at the worst possible time. | 我们在关键时刻 被这案子拖了后腿 |
[18:29] | There’s a new debate format we want to show to reps from the RNC tomorrow. | 明天我们要向RNC代表 展示新的辩论形式 |
[18:32] | And if we can’t keep the ratings going up, it’s not gonna matter. | 倘若收视率上不去 一切都白费了 |
[18:36] | We’ve been working on this for months and it’s important. | 我们为此努力了一个月 兹事体大 |
[18:39] | And it’s a good thing for everybody. | 而且是利国利民的大好事 |
[18:41] | We can debate whether the ends justify the means… | 我们可以辩论 能否不择手段… |
[18:44] | Will and Mackenzie are counting on you? | 威尔和麦肯兹都指望着你吗 |
[18:52] | I don’t have anything to say. | 可我不知道说什么 |
[18:53] | You won’t be asked anything you don’t know the answer to. | 你不知道的 我们不会问 |
[18:58] | Okay, what do I do? | 好吧 我要做什么 |
[19:00] | Come to the newsroom at 7:00 tonight. | 今晚7点到演播室来 |
[19:04] | Oh, thanks. I owe you one. | 谢谢 这次算我欠你的 |
[19:06] | I owe you more than one. | 我欠你更多 |
[19:10] | Let’s go. | 走了 |
[19:14] | Um, I don’t know if it was clear from my e-mails and phone calls, | 不知道我在邮件和电话里说明白了没 |
[19:22] | but I’ve been wooing you. | 我一直在追求你 |
[19:24] | Still trying to get that second first date. | 依然想实现我们的”初次约会” |
[19:27] | And yet I can tell from the way you’re staring at me | 但是 从你瞪我的眼神 我看出来 |
[19:31] | right now that this isn’t the best moment. | 现在不是说这事的时候 |
[19:35] | You see that? I was able to tell without your saying anything. | 瞧 我能透过你的眼睛读懂你的心 |
[19:38] | Our minds are in sync. | 我们心有灵犀 |
[19:41] | But there’s not an ounce of quit in me, | 不过我不会轻易放手的 |
[19:43] | – so I’ll woo you when… – What the hell are you doing? | -我会等你有空… -你在搞什么飞机 |
[19:46] | All right, then. 7:00, it’s a date. | 那就定在7点 不见不散 |
[19:49] | Not really. | 算了 |
[19:50] | I’m not crazy. | 我不是神经病 |
[19:51] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[19:57] | – Yeah? – You wanted to see me? | -进来 -你找我 |
[20:00] | It’s 100 degrees outside. You’re wearing a jacket? | 外面有100度[38℃] 你穿外套干嘛 |
[20:02] | Because it’s Ice Station Zebra in my office. | 因为我的办公室正在上演《大北极》 |
[20:04] | If you have any fresh fish you need to store. | 你要是有新鲜活鱼要冷冻… |
[20:06] | Those are yours. | 那些是给你的 |
[20:07] | They were delivered for you this morning. | 今早送来给你的 |
[20:09] | Jim signed for them and looked at the card, | 吉姆签收后 读了卡片 |
[20:12] | which you can see isn’t in an envelope. | 卡片没装在信封里 |
[20:15] | Jim signed for them? | 吉姆签收的 |
[20:16] | He said Maggie didn’t see. She wasn’t around. | 他说玛姬没看到 当时她不在 |
[20:31] | Maggie and I have broken up a lot in the last year and a half. | 我和玛姬一年半以来分分合合 |
[20:37] | I’ve… | 我… |
[20:40] | I’ve gotten that sense. | 我察觉到了 |
[20:42] | – When we break up… – You go out with other women. | -我们分手后… -你开始约会其他女人 |
[20:44] | Isn’t that what I’m supposed to do? | 这有什么不对吗 |
[20:46] | – I’m not judging you. – Then we get back together. | -我又没批判你 -后来我们和好了 |
[20:49] | Do you tell the other women that you’ve gotten back together with your girlfriend? | 你告诉那些女人 你和女友重归于好了吗 |
[20:52] | We’re talking about people that I’ve been on one or two dates with. | 这些人我只约会过一两次而已 |
[20:54] | Does Maggie know that you’ve been out with other women? | 玛姬知道你和其他女人的事吗 |
[20:57] | No. | 不知道 |
[20:58] | Does Gina know that you’re with Maggie? | 姬娜知道你跟玛姬和好了吗 |
[21:00] | Jenna. | 是洁娜 |
[21:01] | Jenna. These are from– her name is Jenna. | 洁娜 送花的…她叫洁娜 |
[21:04] | You remember when I didn’t care at all | 你记得吗 我以前从不过问 |
[21:05] | about the lives of the people who worked here? | 工作伙伴的私生活 |
[21:08] | – Yeah. – Those were the days. | -记得 -那是旧事了 |
[21:12] | – Time to go. – Yeah. | -该走了 -来了 |
[21:15] | Uh, I can’t walk through the newsroom with these. | 我拿着这些出去不太好吧 |
[21:17] | – I’ll take care of it. – Thanks. | -我会处理的 -谢了 |
[21:19] | – Hey, Don. – Yeah? | -唐 -怎么 |
[21:23] | I’m doing the right thing, right? | 我这么做是对的 对吗 |
[21:26] | To do a little wrong to do a big right. | 为小恶 成大善 |
[21:28] | Get the debate. | 拿下辩论会 |
[21:31] | To do a great right, do a little wrong. | 出自《威尼斯商人》 原句为 |
[21:31] | – Was that Shakespeare? – Almost. | -莎士比亚吗 -差不多 |
[21:32] | – Okay. – And I’m doing the right thing? | -好吧 -我这么做 对吗 |
[21:34] | No. You’re either lying to Maggie or you’re lying to Gina. | 不对 你要么在骗玛姬 要么在骗姬娜 |
[21:37] | Jenna. And I just backed you up with almost Shakespeare. | 洁娜 亏我引用莎士比亚来挺你 |
[21:39] | You couldn’t throw me a bone? | 你就不能礼尚往来吗 |
[21:42] | I’ve got to go. | 我得走了 |
[21:52] | – That was a cliche. – I know. | -太老套了 -我知道 |
[21:54] | But if you stand in the rain without a jacket, you’re gonna get a cold. | 正如你赤身站在雨中 就会感冒一样 |
[21:58] | And if you have a physically abusive father | 如果你父亲有虐待倾向 |
[22:00] | who abandons you and your family, | 并抛弃了你 抛弃了家庭 |
[22:01] | you’re gonna be 1,000 times more sensitive to betrayal | 你对背叛的敏感度 就会比 |
[22:04] | than the average person who’s already extremely sensitive to betrayal. | 对背叛极敏感的正常人 还高出一千倍 |
[22:08] | I miss encyclopedias. | 真怀念百科全书 |
[22:09] | I always wanted to have a full set of encyclopedias. | 我一直想要一套百科全书 |
[22:11] | You know, you pull down S off the shelf, | 从书架上取出”S”那一本 |
[22:14] | flip to a page, you read about, I don’t know, | 翻到其中一页 便能读到 |
[22:16] | Salic law and why a woman can’t inherit the French throne. | 萨利克继承法 解释为何法国没有女王 |
[22:16] | 萨利克法 中世纪以来西欧通行的法典 内容包括 女性不得继承遗产或王位 | |
[22:19] | – You can Google it. – That’s my point. | -谷歌也查得到 -我正想说这个 |
[22:21] | You have to know what you’re looking for. | 你得清楚 自己想查什么 |
[22:22] | You can’t browse for anything anymore. | 网上没法随意浏览 |
[22:25] | Anyway, last night I was looking up signal intelligence intercepts | 然后昨晚我上网查 拦截信号情报 |
[22:28] | and whether they leave a fiber-optic footprint. | 是否会留下光纤足迹 |
[22:30] | Is it important that I know what that meant? | 我需要明白这些是什么吗 |
[22:32] | No. We’ve got a whistle-blower who’s giving us a big story | 不用 有人向我们揭发惊天内幕 |
[22:34] | and we have to vet him. | 所以我们得核实 |
[22:35] | But what happened was I was reading about fiber-optic footprints | 但问题是 在我研究光纤足迹时 |
[22:38] | and a couple of clicks later, | 随手点了几个链接 |
[22:39] | I was on a relationship advice website called Help Me Rhonda. | 进了一个叫”朗达帮帮忙”的情感救助网站 |
[22:43] | A woman wrote to Rhonda saying that her husband was cheating on her | 一个女人给朗达留言 说她的丈夫背叛了她 |
[22:46] | and Rhonda suggested that the woman had to examine | 朗达却认为 这女人应该审视 |
[22:49] | what her role was in the cheating. | 自己在背叛事件中的角色 |
[22:51] | It made me crazy. | 看得我抓狂 |
[22:52] | Do you think it could possibly have been the woman’s fault? | 这怎么可能是那女人的错 |
[22:55] | Are we saying that now? | 现在流行这么说吗 |
[22:56] | What I don’t believe is that a couple clicks | 我不相信 随手点了几下 |
[22:58] | took you from fiber-optic footprints to Help Me Rhonda. | 就从光纤足迹到了”朗达帮帮忙” |
[23:01] | If you went to a relationship advice website, just say so. | 如果你上过情感咨询网站 直说就行 |
[23:04] | It was the middle of the night. There was nothing else to read. | 大半夜的 没有别的网站可看 |
[23:06] | Except the entire rest of the Internet. | 网上能看的 多了去了 |
[23:09] | Do you and Rhonda honestly believe | 你和朗达真的相信 |
[23:10] | that I share some of the blame or even a small part of | 有一部分 很小一部分 |
[23:12] | the blame for Mackenzie cheating with Brian? | 麦肯兹和布莱恩偷情的责任在我吗 |
[23:15] | – Do you? – No. | -你觉得呢 -不在我 |
[23:17] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[23:19] | ‘Cause that’s about the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. | 那是我见过的最蠢的评论 |
[23:20] | And I’ll tell you what else, I don’t even think Rhonda’s her real name. | 而且 我觉得朗达不是她的真名 |
[23:23] | – Yeah, look. – Maybe it is. | -听着 -可能是真名 |
[23:25] | I don’t know. But she’s a moron. | 我不知道 但她是个白痴 |
[23:26] | You weren’t part of the equation. | 整件事都与你无关 |
[23:28] | Ruined a perfectly good Beach Boys song. | 毁了多好一首海滩男孩的歌 |
[23:31] | Wait, what do you mean? | 等等 你什么意思 |
[23:33] | I can’t really assess someone I haven’t met. | 我不能评估没见过的人 |
[23:35] | Then why did you say it? | 那你为什么那么说 |
[23:36] | Because I can assess someone I haven’t met. | 因为我可以评估没见过的人 |
[23:37] | My father left me volumes on the two of you. | 我父亲留给我 两大本关于你俩的记录 |
[23:39] | I had to get an extra filing cabinet. | 我又买了档案柜才装下 |
[23:42] | How was I not part of the equation? | 整件事怎么能与我无关 |
[23:44] | Mackenzie got dumped by Brian. She got rejected. | 麦肯兹被布莱恩甩了 她被拒了 |
[23:47] | People react to that in different ways. | 不同人的应对方法不同 |
[23:50] | When Brian started calling her again, | 布莱恩再找她的时候 |
[23:52] | she saw the chance to get unrejected and she took it. | 她看到挽回拒绝的希望 就接受了 |
[23:54] | You weren’t even part of the equation. | 你根本不在考虑范围内 |
[23:56] | But once she got unrejected, she realized | 但是挽回拒绝之后 她发现 |
[23:58] | that she wasn’t in love with Brian in the first place, | 她原本就不爱布莱恩 |
[24:00] | that she was in love with you, and she confessed the whole thing. | 而爱的是你 于是便向你坦白了 |
[24:03] | – Not right away. – Who cares about not right away? | -不是立刻坦白的 -谁在乎是不是立刻 |
[24:06] | When she thought you were going to propose to her… | 当她以为 你要向她求婚时… |
[24:08] | Do you remember when I came in here yesterday without an appointment | 还记得昨天 我没有预约就来找你 |
[24:11] | and interrupted your session with another patient? | 打断了你另一位病人的咨询吗 |
[24:13] | I do remember that. It was yesterday. | 我记得 才过了一天 |
[24:15] | And you said that the trick was to forgive Mackenzie. | 你说解决方法是原谅麦肯兹 |
[24:18] | – Yeah. – I actually know that. | -是 -我其实知道 |
[24:20] | Intellectually, in my brain, I know Mackenzie deserves to be forgiven. | 我脑子里心里都知道 我理应原谅麦肯兹 |
[24:24] | I understood everything you said. | 我明白你说的每句话 |
[24:26] | I understand she’s taken every punishment I’ve given her, | 我明白 她承受了我对她一次次的惩罚 |
[24:28] | including having Brian hang around the office and write his story. | 包括让布莱恩在编辑室乱转 写报道 |
[24:31] | I understand she’s completely devoted to the show. | 我明白 她全心全意为这节目 |
[24:33] | I understand mistakes. I understand time has passed. | 我明白人都会犯错 明白已经过去很久 |
[24:36] | I understand all of that. So why can’t I forgive her? | 我都明白 为什么我还是不能原谅她 |
[24:40] | Because you weren’t rejected. | 因为你遭受的 不是拒绝 |
[24:43] | You were betrayed. | 而是背叛 |
[24:52] | How’s it going, Sampat? | 怎么样了 桑帕特 |
[24:54] | Well, the problem with people who post on EconomyBrain | 对付经济头脑网的评论员 有点难度 |
[24:57] | is they’re not easily distracted. | 很难转移他们的话题 |
[24:58] | Damn those economists and their adult attention spans. | 可恶 经济学家的注意力那么集中干什么 |
[25:00] | They’re not making it easy for me. | 对付他们真不容易 |
[25:01] | But a popular discussion at the moment | 但当下的讨论热点是 |
[25:04] | is a recent article projecting US credit rating fallout | 有一篇文章预测 债务上限谈判僵局 |
[25:06] | as a result of the debt ceiling standoff. | 将导致美国信用评级下降 |
[25:08] | Yes, I heard that on the news. No, wait, I didn’t. | 是 我听新闻说了 等等 没有 |
[25:10] | I heard about Casey Anthony instead. | 我听到的是凯西·安东尼案件 |
[25:12] | Well, that’s where I jumped in. | 这时我就跳出来了 |
[25:13] | I said if I can balance my checkbook, | 我说 连我都懂得清算个人收支 |
[25:15] | why can’t the government balance its budget? | 政府怎么就平衡不了预算呢 |
[25:18] | Mary, Mother of God, am I sick of that insane analogy. | 圣母玛利亚 我受够了你这没谱的比喻 |
[25:21] | Balancing your checkbook is to balancing the budget | 清算个人收支 相比平衡政府预算 |
[25:22] | as driving to the supermarket is to landing on the moon! | 就像开车去超市 相比火箭登月 |
[25:26] | See? | 瞧 |
[25:28] | – I got you a little upset. – Yes. | -我惹你生气了 -是 |
[25:30] | So once they were hooked on telling me how stupid I am, | 一旦他们上钩 批评我有多蠢 |
[25:33] | – I steered things in your direction. – How? | -我就把话题往你那儿带 -怎么带 |
[25:36] | – You really want to know? – No. | -你真想知道 -不想 |
[25:37] | – Good. – Tell me anyway. | -很好 -还是告诉我吧 |
[25:39] | I said the media and government are in a conspiracy cahoots… | 我说媒体与政府勾结… |
[25:41] | – Conspiracy cahoots? – I have to sound authentically moronic. | -勾结 -我得装得像白痴 |
[25:45] | How are the media and the government in a conspiracy cahoots? | 媒体与政府怎么勾结了 |
[25:48] | By shoving your breasts in our face. | 它们勾结 把你的胸 挤到大家眼前 |
[25:51] | – Many angry posters came to your defense. – Good. | -很多义愤填膺网友替你辩护 -好 |
[25:53] | – So I created a second user account. – Of course. | -于是我注册了一个小号 -当然了 |
[25:56] | And asserted it wasn’t your breasts that were so compelling, | 说引人注意的不是你的胸 |
[25:58] | it was your blatantly slutty body movements. | 而是你殷勤风骚的肢体动作 |
[26:00] | What evidence do you use… | 你用的什么证据… |
[26:01] | I posted a link on your Wikipedia page detailing your rise | 我引用了你维基页面上的链接 详述你 |
[26:04] | from small-town stripper to big-time financial news reporter. | 从小镇脱衣舞女到明星财经播报员的经历 |
[26:06] | My Wikipedia page doesn’t say that. | 我的维基页面没那条 |
[26:08] | Check again. | 刷新一下 |
[26:09] | You’re going to see an emotional response | 你将看到我脸上的情感反应 |
[26:11] | on my face and a physical response directed at yours. | 以及针对你的脸的肢体反应 |
[26:15] | It worked. | 挺奏效 |
[26:16] | After two hours, I had economic PhDs posting in all caps. | 两小时后 一群经济学博士都用大写回复 |
[26:19] | And then the site administrator froze the thread. | 然后网管就冻结了网页 |
[26:23] | All right. And this is enough to get you accepted | 好吧 这足以让你进入 |
[26:25] | – into the fraternity of the pitiful? – Almost. | -可怜人兄弟会了吧 -差不多 |
[26:27] | There’s a sort of pledge process for the fraternity of the pitiful. | 还差一个宣誓流程 就能加入可怜人兄弟会 |
[26:30] | And this will get me to level one. | 这能让我打到第一级 |
[26:32] | Once I do that, I can get to level two | 那之后 我就能达到第二级 |
[26:34] | and swim with the professional trolls. | 然后混进专业钓饵者之中了 |
[26:37] | You’re gonna be a good reporter. | 你会成为优秀记者的 |
[26:38] | And I like that someone is working on news stories. | 很高兴 总算还有人关心新闻 |
[26:41] | Well, for what it’s worth, | 其实 |
[26:42] | I could really get behind a government that was in a cahoots conspiracy | 我还真希望政府在密谋 |
[26:45] | to shove your breasts in our face. | 把你的胸 挤到大家眼前 |
[26:49] | Reedit my Wikipedia page! | 把我的维基页面改回去 |
[26:51] | Soon. | 我会照办 |
[27:01] | He’s on his way. | 他马上就到 |
[27:04] | All right, what do you know so far? | 你目前知道些什么 |
[27:06] | You got Lisa for tonight. | 利萨今晚会上节目 |
[27:07] | They’ve already started promoing it. | 已经开始做预告宣传了 |
[27:09] | What do you have on the NSA source? | 国安局的线人 查到些什么 |
[27:11] | He’s not rock solid. | 这人不靠谱 |
[27:14] | Shit. | 该死 |
[27:14] | He didn’t do well on his latest psych assessment. | 他最近的一次精神鉴定 结果不佳 |
[27:17] | – Oh, Christ. – They lowered his security clearance. | -上帝啊 -他被降低了的安全级别 |
[27:19] | He also violated a restraining order. | 他还违反了限制令 |
[27:21] | – An ex-wife? – Yeah. | -前妻 -对 |
[27:24] | And he was arrested for solicitation in 1979. | 1979年他还因教唆罪被捕 |
[27:28] | If you had this guy on a witness stand… | 你要是把他放在证人席上 |
[27:29] | I wouldn’t put him on a witness stand. | 我不会把他放在证人席上 |
[27:30] | Wait a minute. He didn’t score well on his psych exam, | 等等 他在心理测评中表现不佳而已 |
[27:32] | but they didn’t fire him. | 又没被开除 |
[27:33] | They just lowered his security clearance. | 只是被降低了安全级别 |
[27:35] | Yes, he’s stalking his ex-wife and, | 他是跟踪了前妻 |
[27:37] | yes, he tried to pick up a hooker, | 他的确还试图招妓 |
[27:38] | but that doesn’t mean he’s lying about the NSA. | 但并不表示他揭发国安局 是在撒谎 |
[27:40] | All we have are the transcripts of his testimony | 我们手上只有他的证词 |
[27:41] | and his testimony doesn’t mean anything to me yet. | 他的证词对我来说尚不可信 |
[27:44] | Keep working. | 继续调查 |
[27:56] | – Excuse me. – Which one of us? | -打扰一下 -找哪位 |
[27:58] | Both. | 都找 |
[28:00] | – I’m gonna speak in code. – Why? | -我要用暗语交流 -为什么 |
[28:03] | Because neither of you can suggest to a guest what they should say on the air. | 因为你们两位都不能干涉嘉宾的现场发言 |
[28:07] | – Okay. I understand. – You do? | -我明白 -你明白吗 |
[28:10] | We’ve got Lisa. We’ve promo’d her. | 我们请来了利萨 也做了宣传 |
[28:12] | – She’s done her job. – She still has to show up. | -她的任务算完成了 -她还是要出镜 |
[28:14] | But you don’t care what she says once she does. | 但你们并不在意她开口说什么 |
[28:19] | I don’t. | 我不在意 |
[28:21] | So do me a favor. This is for me. | 所以 你为我办一件事 |
[28:23] | Get some statistics on the number of missing children cases this year? | 查一下今年儿童失踪案件的统计数据 |
[28:27] | Yes, please. And leave them for me in the hair and makeup room. | 对 然后送到化妆间去”给我” |
[28:35] | You understood that? | 你懂了吗 |
[28:36] | Yeah, I cracked your code. | 我懂 我破解了你们的暗语 |
[28:44] | Jim, tell her | 吉姆 跟她说 |
[28:45] | she needs a little blush to accentuate those gorgeous cheekbones. | 加点腮红可以突显她美丽的颊骨 |
[28:48] | She refuses to listen. | 她不听我的 |
[28:49] | I’m not auditioning for “Dancing With the Stars.” | 我又不是参加《星随舞动》 |
[28:50] | My cheekbones are fine. | 我颊骨就这样挺好 |
[28:52] | She’s fine. | 是挺好 |
[28:54] | Could you give us the room a second? | 您能出去一会儿吗 |
[29:03] | We’re in a Vulcan mind meld again. | 我们又心有灵犀了一次 |
[29:05] | I can tell this is a bad time to ask… | 我看得出来 现在不方便问… |
[29:07] | Maggie’s my best friend. | 玛姬是我最好的朋友 |
[29:08] | She’s actually my only friend, I think. | 其实我就她一个朋友 |
[29:10] | And I’d chop off my ears before I’d hurt her. | 我宁愿自割双耳 也不会伤害她 |
[29:12] | You’re basing this all on the premise that… | 你之所以这么说是因为… |
[29:13] | Don’s a good guy who’s not in love with her. | 唐人很好 但他不爱她 |
[29:17] | She knows it. | 她也知道 |
[29:19] | You’re on deck, pal. | 伙计 你有戏了 |
[29:22] | I’ve been on deck for a year. I’m nobody’s second choice. | 我有戏都一年了 我可不是谁的备胎 |
[29:25] | Neither am I. | 我也不是 |
[29:27] | Well, I… I wasn’t implying… | 其实 我不是这意思… |
[29:32] | – How are you doing? – Fine. | -准备得如何了 -不错 |
[29:36] | Listen, why don’t you take a look at this? | 你看看这个吧 |
[29:43] | You can take that out there with you if you want. | 需要的话 可以带进演播室 |
[29:45] | Keep it right on the desk. | 放在桌上 |
[29:46] | Will and Mackenzie won’t mind? | 威尔跟麦肯兹没意见吧 |
[29:50] | I’ll see you after. | 稍后见 |
[29:58] | – I was gonna say… – I want to learn this. | -我其实想说… -我现在要记东西 |
[30:00] | Please. Yeah. | 好吧 |
[30:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:07] | You don’t have to say anything you don’t mean. | 你不想说的 可以不说 |
[30:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:24] | I’m joined now by Lisa Lambert, | 我身边的是利萨·郎博特 |
[30:25] | a friend of Casey Anthony’s from high school. | 凯西·安东尼的高中好友 |
[30:27] | – Good evening, Lisa. – Good evening. | -晚上好 利萨 -晚上好 |
[30:29] | – Did you know Casey well? – I didn’t. | -你很了解凯西吗 -不了解 |
[30:31] | And neither did any of the other people showing up on TV claiming they did. | 电视上那些自称了解她的人 也一样 |
[30:34] | But you took classes with her? | 但你跟她一起上过课 是吗 |
[30:36] | – Yes. – Did she ever lose her temper? | -是 -她发过脾气吗 |
[30:38] | Yeah, and when she did, we all said, | 发过 她每次发脾气 大家就会说 |
[30:40] | “Oh, my God, she’s gonna kill her baby one day.” | “上帝啊 总有一天她会杀了自己的孩子” |
[30:43] | Fair enough. Let me ask you… | 好吧 我想问 |
[30:45] | There were 80 million children reported missing last year. | 去年有8000万儿童失踪 |
[30:48] | Actually, I think you mean 800,000. | 我猜 你是想说80万 |
[30:51] | Yes. | 对 |
[30:52] | 80 million would be way too many. | 8000万太夸张 |
[30:53] | And I understand. But this one involves a murder. | 我明白 但本案牵涉到谋杀案 |
[30:56] | Olivia Garcia | 奥利维亚·加西亚 |
[30:58] | was one year old when she mysteriously died at her babysitter’s house. | 离奇死于保姆家时仅一岁 |
[31:01] | But Olivia Garcia had brown skin, | 但由于奥利维亚·加西亚是棕色人种 |
[31:03] | so we’re not that interested. | 所以大家都不关心 |
[31:04] | 2010年9月进行审判 2011年9月母亲被判刑 母亲的男友被控一级谋杀 还在审理中 | |
[31:04] | Same with Triumph Skinner, | 黛安芬·斯金纳也是一样 |
[31:06] | a seven-month-old african-American | 一个七个月大的黑人婴儿 |
[31:08] | who was rushed to the hospital with a crushed skull. | 因头颅破裂 而被紧急送至医院 |
[31:10] | For some reason he’s not keeping Nancy Grace up at night. | 不知为何 他没能得到南茜·格蕾丝的关注 |
[31:12] | Where are you getting these facts? | 你从哪得知这些 |
[31:15] | Google. | 谷歌 |
[31:16] | Jariel Alexander died | 洁莉尔·亚历山大的死因是 |
[31:18] | after being knocked unconscious by his mother’s boyfriend, | 他妈妈的男友将他毒打至晕 |
[31:21] | then scalded with boiling water | 又惨遭开水浇淋 |
[31:23] | after soiling his pants at dinner. | 只因为晚饭时尿了裤子 |
[31:25] | But Jariel’s mother isn’t pretty, | 但洁莉尔妈妈并不漂亮 |
[31:26] | so what do we care? | 于是我们也不关心 |
[31:27] | I think you’re making a very good point. | 你的观点很独到 |
[31:29] | Then I’d like to make one more. | 我还想再说一点 |
[31:34] | What if Casey Anthony had wanted an abortion? | 要是凯西·安东尼曾想过堕胎呢 |
[31:36] | – She didn’t want an abortion! – Don’t. | -她没想过堕胎 -打住 |
[31:39] | She told you that? | 她告诉你的吗 |
[31:40] | No, I haven’t spoken to her in years. I’m just asking. | 不是 我们多年没联系了 我只是这么问 |
[31:42] | – Is this you? – No. | -这是你写的吗 -不是 |
[31:43] | Do the people who care so deeply | 有些人深切关心 |
[31:45] | about the life of a microscopic piece of biology | 没有能力去感受 |
[31:48] | with no ability to experience physical or emotional suffering | 肉体或精神痛苦的微小生物体 |
[31:52] | care at all about a two-year-old who was born to a mother | 与此同时 他们可曾关心过 |
[31:54] | who didn’t want the child and was unable to care for her? | 年仅两岁 生母却不爱不怜的孩子 |
[31:58] | Help her out of this. | 帮她圆场 |
[32:00] | Lisa, I just want to be clear for the viewers | 利萨 我想在此明确一下 |
[32:02] | that you’re not saying Casey’s only two options | 你不会是想说 凯西只能选择堕胎 |
[32:04] | were abortion or murdering a toddler. | 或者亲手杀掉自己的孩子吧 |
[32:09] | I’m saying that there’s an undiscussed and unappreciated cruelty | 我只是说 逼迫一位不想生子 |
[32:14] | in forcing a child to be born to a mother | 且无力抚养孩子的母亲生下孩子 |
[32:16] | who doesn’t want the child | 是非常不负责任 |
[32:18] | and isn’t capable of raising the child. | 也是非常残忍的 |
[32:22] | Okay, let’s get back to what Casey was like in high school. | 好了 请谈谈凯西在高中时是怎样的人 |
[32:26] | Where’s a power outage when you really need one? | 这时怎么就不停电呢 |
[32:44] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[32:56] | 婴儿 杀手 | |
[33:04] | – You all right? – Yeah. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[33:06] | How’d they know where you were? | 他们怎么知道你在这儿 |
[33:07] | Her Facebook page. | Facebook页面 |
[33:08] | – Shut the page down. – I’ll take care of it. | -赶快关闭页面 -我会搞定的 |
[33:16] | – Is she all right? – Where’s Lonny? | -她还好吗 -朗尼在哪 |
[33:18] | You shouldn’t be out alone. | 你不该一个人出来的 |
[33:20] | – You all right? – Yeah. | -你们没事吧 -没事 |
[33:23] | Are you mad I didn’t tell you I was gonna do that? | 你气我没打招呼就在节目上那么说吗 |
[33:25] | No. | 不生气 |
[33:27] | I know you’re pro-life. | 我知道你是反对堕胎的 |
[33:28] | I’m not pro throwing a brick through a window. | 我也反对往人家窗户上砸砖头啊 |
[33:30] | There are gonna be local news trucks here any second. | 本地新闻媒体估计马上就会赶到 |
[33:31] | – Get her out of here. – You, too. | -让她快走 -你也是 |
[33:34] | Is that your boss? The owner of the shop? | 那是你老板 店主吗 |
[33:38] | I’m gonna talk to her. | 我去跟她谈谈 |
[33:40] | This should have been me and not you. | 这一切本该由我来承担 |
[33:49] | Come on. Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[33:57] | Teddy, is there something different about these pants? | 泰迪 这裤子是不是有点怪 |
[33:59] | Different from what? | 怎么个怪法 |
[34:00] | Every time I wear that suit, I mean every time, | 每当我穿这套西装时 真是每一次 |
[34:02] | I put both my legs into one side of the pants. | 我都会把两条腿伸进同一条裤腿里 |
[34:04] | One side of the pants? | 同一条裤腿 |
[34:06] | I stand up, I put one leg into one side, | 我站起来 一只脚伸进裤腿里 |
[34:08] | and then I take my other leg | 然后我提起另一条腿 |
[34:09] | and I’m certainly aiming for the other side of the pants, | 仔细瞄准另一条裤腿 |
[34:11] | but I get stuck. | 但每次都穿错 |
[34:12] | And I’m asking if there’s something, | 我想问个明白 |
[34:13] | not so much wrong, but different about those pants. | 不是大问题 但它是不是有点怪 |
[34:15] | You can’t put your pants on | 你自己裤子穿不好 |
[34:17] | and you think there’s something wrong with the pants? | 居然好意思说是裤子的问题 |
[34:19] | All right, get out. | 你赢了 出去 |
[34:21] | – Adam Roth is here. – Yes. | -亚当·罗斯来了 -太好了 |
[34:24] | – Adam! – Rock star. | -亚当 -大明星 |
[34:27] | – How you doing, man? – I’m good. | -最近怎么样啊 -我很好 |
[34:29] | – How’s Emily? – The whole family’s great. | -艾米丽可好 -全家人都很好 |
[34:31] | David got into Stanford, so thanks for the recommendation. | 大卫被斯坦福录取了 多谢你的推荐信 |
[34:34] | I wrote him a pretty bad recommendation. | 我在推荐信里说了不少他的坏话 |
[34:36] | I’m surprised they took him. | 斯坦福居然还愿意收他 |
[34:37] | They must not care that much about what you think. | 看来斯坦福根本不把你当一回事 |
[34:39] | This is my partner at the RNC. | 这是我在共和党委员会的同事 |
[34:42] | – Tate Brady. – Nice to meet you. | -塔特·布雷迪 -幸会 |
[34:43] | – How do you do? – Excellent. | -你好吗 -好得很 |
[34:44] | Charlie Skinner, Mackenzie McHale, | 查理·斯金纳 麦肯兹·麦克黑尔 |
[34:46] | this is Adam Roth. | 这位是亚当·罗斯 |
[34:47] | Will talks about you | 威尔常提起你 |
[34:48] | like you were bunkmates at summer camp. | 就像你们是夏令营上下铺的兄弟一样 |
[34:50] | Well, we were, but the summer camp was the White House | 确实是 不过夏令营指的是白宫 |
[34:53] | and there was no bunk or sleep of any kind. | 那儿也没有什么上下铺 更别提睡觉了 |
[34:55] | I was Bush 41’s body man right out of college | 我大学毕业就做了老布什的个人助理 |
[34:57] | and Will was writing greeting cards or something in the communications office. | 威尔在白宫通讯处 负责写贺卡 |
[35:01] | I wrote serious policy speeches. | 我写的是正经的政治演说 |
[35:03] | For the Muncie Chamber of Commerce. | 给曼西商会写的 |
[35:06] | They were good speeches. | 演说稿是真的不错 |
[35:07] | And the president adopted Will as the fourth son he never had. | 总统还认了威尔当他的第四个儿子 |
[35:11] | The president knew my name and that’s thanks to Adam. | 总统知道我的名字而已 这还是多亏了亚当 |
[35:13] | I’m sorry. This is his partner Greg Brady. | 抱歉 这位是他的搭档 格雷格·布雷迪 |
[35:16] | – Tate. – I’m sorry, Tate. | -塔特 -抱歉 是塔特 |
[35:17] | Everybody sit down. Anybody need coffee or anything? | 大家都坐下吧 要喝点咖啡吗 |
[35:21] | – I’m okay. – I’m good. | -不用了 -不用 |
[35:23] | So we’re glad to see your numbers rebounded from last week. | 很高兴看到你的收视率回升了 |
[35:25] | We hadn’t been covering Casey Anthony | 我们之前没报道凯西·安东尼案 |
[35:27] | and half our audience went to HLN. | 所以一半的观众跑去看HLN台了 |
[35:30] | But we started covering it and things stabilized. | 开始报道凯西案后 收视就回升了 |
[35:32] | Well, good, because we were about ready | 那就好 我们差点打算 |
[35:33] | to offer a debate to Nancy Grace. | 把辩论交给南茜·格蕾丝 |
[35:37] | So the rules of the debate are pretty simple. | 电视辩论的规则非常简单 |
[35:39] | There is some room for you to make a few choices, but not much. | 某些方面你可以自由选择 但余地不大 |
[35:42] | Everybody gets an opening statement. | 每人都有一段开场陈述 |
[35:44] | Everybody gets at least two questions | 每人至少要回答两个问题 |
[35:46] | with 60 seconds to answer | 有60秒时间作答 |
[35:47] | and it’s up to you whether you want to offer someone a rebuttal. | 由你决定 是否允许辩友反驳 |
[35:50] | We had something different in mind. | 我们另有想法 |
[35:53] | What’d you have in mind? | 什么想法 |
[35:54] | Adam, how many hours did you and I spend | 亚当 你还记得我们曾多少次 |
[35:56] | talking about how flawed the debates were? | 讨论说 辩论制度有多差劲 |
[35:58] | Especially the primary debates? | 尤其是初选辩论 |
[36:00] | A lot of hours. | 很多次 |
[36:01] | Well, now you and I are in a position to do something about that. | 现在你我有机会 改善这一制度了 |
[36:05] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[36:08] | The questions have to be tougher. | 问题必须更尖锐 |
[36:10] | They have to be able to square their campaign rhetoric with facts. | 他们的竞选口号 必须有事实为证 |
[36:13] | They have to be stopped when they’re not answering the question. | 不正面回答问题的 就要立即打断 |
[36:15] | And they have to be called out when their answers contradict the facts. | 回答与事实不符的 就要坚决指出 |
[36:18] | Guys, get in place. | 各就各位 |
[36:19] | Our job is to find the two candidates | 我们的职责是找出 |
[36:21] | who’ll give the voters the best competing arguments, | 能给予选民最佳论点的两位候选人 |
[36:23] | and I don’t believe we’re seeing that. | 但目前的体制 做不到这点 |
[36:25] | We have to put the candidates on a witness stand. | 我们必须把候选人摆上证人席 |
[36:27] | Would you have them swear an oath? | 是不是还得让他们宣誓 |
[36:28] | Just let ’em do it. | 让他们演示一遍吧 |
[36:29] | If baseball players testifying about steroids | 棒球运动员在众议院小组面前 |
[36:31] | in front of a House Subcommittee are subject to perjury, | 作证兴奋剂事件时 说假话会被判伪证罪 |
[36:33] | I don’t know why presidential candidates aren’t. | 总统候选人更改如此 |
[36:35] | But I’m not reaching for the stars, | 我不想要上天摘星 |
[36:36] | I’m reaching just an inch higher. | 只想做一点小改变 |
[36:39] | Welcome to Princeton University in Princeton, New Jersey, | 欢迎到新泽西州的普林斯顿大学 |
[36:43] | for the fifth debate in the 2012 Republican primary race, | 参加2012年共和党初选的第五轮辩论 |
[36:47] | cosponsored by Atlantis Cable News | 本次辩论由亚特兰蒂斯有线新闻 |
[36:49] | and the Republican Party of New Jersey. | 与新泽西州共和党联合举办 |
[36:51] | At which point we’ll explain the rules, | 这个时候 我们将解释规则 |
[36:53] | which is there are no rules. | 也就是没有规则 |
[36:54] | I question a candidate until I’m done. | 我向候选人提问 直到我满意为止 |
[36:56] | They can each make an opening statement. | 他们每人都有开场陈述 |
[36:58] | Beginning with you, Congresswoman Bachmann. | 从你开始 巴赫曼议员 |
[37:01] | Hi, my name is Michele Bachmann. | 我的名字是米歇尔·巴赫曼 |
[37:02] | I’m a former federal tax litigation attorney, | 我曾是联邦税收诉讼律师 |
[37:05] | the owner of a successful company, and also a member… | 掌管一家成功的企业 同时也是 |
[37:07] | Hang on. Is that supposed to be a Michele Bachmann impersonation? | 等等 他是在模仿米歇尔·巴赫曼吗 |
[37:10] | No, nobody’s doing impressions. This isn’t an “SNL” sketch. | 没有模仿的成分 这又不是《周六夜现场》的表演 |
[37:14] | These people have spent two months studying stump speeches, | 他们花了两个月的时间 研究政治演说 |
[37:16] | interviews, on-the-record statements, | 访谈 公开声明 |
[37:18] | previous debate performances | 以及过往的辩论资料 |
[37:19] | in order to come as close as possible to answering | 希望尽可能地按照 |
[37:21] | our questions the way the candidates would. | 候选人的思维模式来回答问题 |
[37:24] | After the opening statements, we’d move to questioning. | 开场陈述过后 进入提问环节 |
[37:26] | Senator Santorum, you said that | 桑托勒姆议员 您曾说 |
[37:28] | your campaign is about freedom | 您竞选的口号是自由 |
[37:30] | and that 20 years from now you don’t want to be telling your grandchildren | 您不愿在20年后 无法向您的儿孙解释 |
[37:33] | how America once was free. | 美国曾是自由的国度 |
[37:35] | Name three freedoms you had the day before | 请说出奥巴马总统就职之后 |
[37:38] | President Obama was sworn in that you don’t have now. | 您丧失的三种自由权利 |
[37:40] | Obamacare, to begin with. | 首先是奥巴马医改 |
[37:42] | Obamacare is the most egregious… | 奥巴马医改是最恶劣的… |
[37:43] | Have you had to change doctors? | 您被迫更换过医生吗 |
[37:45] | – May I finish? – No, sir. | -能让我说完吗 -不 先生 |
[37:47] | – Have you had to change doctors? – No. | -您被迫更换过医生吗 -没有 |
[37:49] | Has anyone in your family had to change doctors? | 您的家人 被迫更换过医生吗 |
[37:52] | Has there been any change at all in health care for you or your family? | 您与家人的医疗保健有任何变化吗 |
[37:55] | I’m talking about Obamacare now. | 我说的是奥巴马医改 |
[37:56] | My question was name three freedoms that you had | 我的问题是 请说出奥巴马就职之后 |
[37:59] | the day before the president was sworn in that you don’t have now. | 您所丧失的三项自由权利 |
[38:02] | Mr. Speaker, you just said that if you’re elected, | 议长先生 您宣称只要当选 |
[38:04] | the price of gas will be $2.50 a gallon. | 油价将降至每加仑2.5美元 |
[38:06] | How does the US President control the price of oil? | 请问 美国总统如何能操纵油价 |
[38:10] | Governor, you’ve said that as president | 州长 您曾称 当选总统后 |
[38:11] | you will never apologize for America. | 将永远不会代表美国道歉 |
[38:13] | This question is in two parts. | 我的问题有两部分 |
[38:15] | Name an instance in which the president has apologized for America | 请列举 哪位总统曾代表美国道歉 |
[38:19] | and can you imagine no instance | 还有 您能想象美国总统 |
[38:21] | in which a US president should apologize for America? | 在任何情况下 都不该代表美国道歉吗 |
[38:23] | Mr. McAvoy, I find it reprehensible that the liberal media | 麦卡沃伊先生 我在此谴责自由派媒体 |
[38:27] | would try to pit Republicans against one another. | 挑拨共和党人 令大家互相刁难 |
[38:29] | And I, for one, won’t stand by while it happens. | 对此 我不会袖手旁观 |
[38:31] | This is the Republican primary, Mr. Speaker, | 这是共和党初选 议长先生 |
[38:33] | and you’re running for the nomination. | 您正在争取提名 |
[38:34] | It wasn’t my idea to pit you against anyone. It was yours. | 让您们相互刁难的不是我 而是您们自己 |
[38:37] | Congressman Paul, I’d like to discuss | 保罗议员 我想与您讨论一下 |
[38:39] | the newsletters you wrote and sold starting in the 1990s. | 您在90年代初所写并出售的信件 |
[38:41] | “特区的刑事司法系统的效率低得可笑, \h我们完全可以假设特区里95%的 \h男性黑人是罪犯, 至少也是半个罪犯.” \h\h\h罗恩·保罗 | |
[38:42] | I’ve already said everything I have to say. | 我该说的都说了 |
[38:44] | I never wrote those letters and I never even read them. | 我从没写过这些信 也从未读过 |
[38:46] | They had your name on them. They had your signature on them. | 上面有您的名字 还有您的签名 |
[38:48] | You made money from them. And in 1996 | 您靠它们赚了一笔钱 还于1996年 |
[38:50] | you defended them to the “Dallas Morning News.” | 在《达拉斯晨报》上为之辩解 |
[38:54] | – I don’t like pretending… – Stop. Everybody stop. | -我不喜欢装作… -停下 都停下 |
[38:57] | There’s no need to go along any further. | 没必要继续下去了 |
[38:59] | I see where you’re going. | 我看明白了 |
[39:02] | – Adam. – Listen… | -亚当 -听我说 |
[39:03] | Is there someplace we can talk privately? | 我们可以借一步说话吗 |
[39:06] | Take my office. | 去我办公室吧 |
[39:09] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[39:23] | I think they really liked it. | 我猜他们很喜欢 |
[39:28] | You did a good job, everybody. Give me a minute. | 大家都干得很棒 我先失陪了 |
[39:37] | – I told you, this guy… – This guy what? | -我告诉过你 这人 -这人怎么了 |
[39:42] | Wasn’t on the team. | 不站在我们这边 |
[39:43] | – He’s on the team, okay? – Hang on. | -他是 -等等 |
[39:45] | The team I’m on is the voters’ | 我站在选民这边 |
[39:46] | and smart, qualified people disagreeing about issues. | 站在有识之士这边 |
[39:50] | Your plan was to embarrass the candidates. | 你打算让候选人难堪 |
[39:52] | I want candidates who can answer those questions. | 我希望候选人能回答这些问题 |
[39:54] | And if they know they’re going to be | 假如他们明白 |
[39:55] | held responsible for the nonsense they’re shouting on the stump, | 要为自己胡说八道的演说负责 |
[39:57] | they’ll be forced to stop shouting nonsense. | 就不会继续胡说八道了 |
[39:59] | – This guy has lost his mind. – He hasn’t. | -这人疯了 -他没有 |
[40:01] | Adam, this is exactly what we always talked about. | 亚当 这正是我们一直探讨的 |
[40:04] | This is what we dreamed of. | 是我们一直梦想的 |
[40:05] | We said we need real campaign reform | 一场真正的竞选改革 |
[40:06] | and a way of letting Americans hear the two best competing arguments. | 让民众听到 最佳的两种观点相互交锋 |
[40:09] | Nobody could stand up to that kind of questioning. | 没人经得起你那种提问 |
[40:12] | – You think that was brutal questioning? – It really wasn’t. | -你认为我的问题很苛刻 -一点不苛刻 |
[40:15] | And you honestly believe the candidates would submit themselves to this? | 你真心相信 候选人会愿意接受 |
[40:18] | – They should welcome it. – I don’t believe what I’m hearing. | -他们应该表示欢迎 -真不敢相信 |
[40:20] | Any candidate who can handle a cross | 谁若能应付得了这种交叉诘问 |
[40:22] | is gonna find himself at the top of the polls in the morning. | 第二天的民调 一定领跑 |
[40:24] | And we should welcome it ’cause it’ll clear out the clown car | 我们也该欢迎 撇开各种儿戏 |
[40:28] | and give us a serious discussion among serious candidates. | 让认真的候选人来场严肃的讨论 |
[40:30] | The only person who would welcome it is him. | 唯一会欢迎的 只有他 |
[40:32] | This is about him. | 他只是为自己 |
[40:33] | He wants to look tough by making the candidates look like idiots. | 为了体现自己厉害 把议员们弄得像白痴 |
[40:36] | No, he doesn’t. I have known this man for 25 years and I vouch… | 他不是 我认识他25年了 我保证 |
[40:39] | I don’t care what you vouch for. | 不管你保证什么 |
[40:41] | I am not allowing the goddamn press | 我绝不允许天杀的媒体 |
[40:43] | to make fools out of our candidates. | 嘲笑愚弄我们的候选人 |
[40:45] | I’ll remember that the next time you bitch | 你以后别再向我抱怨 |
[40:47] | about how the press never vetted Obama. | 媒体对奥巴马太客气 |
[40:53] | We’re not agreeing to this format. | 我们不同意这种辩论形式 |
[40:54] | You are going to abide by the rules that we give you | 你得照我们的规矩来 |
[40:58] | and I don’t want Mackenzie McHale producing it for you. | 另外 我不要麦肯兹·麦克黑尔来制作 |
[41:03] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[41:04] | I want the old Will McAvoy. | 我想要原来的威尔·麦卡沃伊 |
[41:06] | Not the thing she turned you into. | 而不是被她改变了的你 |
[41:08] | I know all about that lady. | 那女人我太了解了 |
[41:28] | – Get out. – Will, come on. You need the debate. | -滚 -威尔 你需要这场辩论 |
[41:31] | Of course he can use Mackenzie. | 他当然可以用麦肯兹 |
[41:32] | These guys have been compromising and compromising all week | 这些人一周以来不断妥协 |
[41:35] | so we could host a debate that made some sense and did some good. | 只为了做出一档有意义的辩论会 |
[41:38] | Well, I’m sorry to hear that, because it was all for nothing. | 真可惜啊 全白费了 |
[41:40] | – We need ACN. – No, we don’t. | -我们需要ACN -不需要 |
[41:42] | They’ve got the independents. | 他们手里攥着无党派 |
[41:43] | He’s not the only anchor at ACN. | 他又不是ACN唯一的主播 |
[41:47] | – Don Keefer. – Yeah? | -唐·基佛 -在 |
[41:49] | How would you and Elliot Hirsch like to have one of the debates? | 你和埃利奥特·赫什来办辩论会如何 |
[41:52] | Eat me. | 做梦 |
[41:56] | – Mr. Skinner, I’m trying to be as… – When Don says, “Eat me,” | -斯金纳先生 我已经… -唐说了”做梦” |
[41:59] | that’s usually the end of the conversation. | 你就不用再废话了 |
[42:03] | Sloan Sabbith. | 斯隆·莎碧斯 |
[42:05] | – You want to be a star? – Me? | -你想成为新星吗 -我吗 |
[42:06] | – Yeah. – Fuck you. | -没错 -去死 |
[42:13] | I hate these guys. | 我恨这帮人 |
[42:15] | I don’t know why you don’t. | 真不懂你怎么不恨他们 |
[42:17] | And I’ll be in the car. | 我在车上等你 |
[42:32] | I’m really sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[42:36] | I can’t be out of work. | 我不能丢工作 |
[42:38] | – Tuition at Stanford is… – No, I know. | -斯坦福的学费… -我明白 |
[42:43] | It was good seeing you. | 见到你真高兴 |
[42:45] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[42:47] | All those things we talked about… | 我们当年讨论的种种 |
[42:50] | Yeah. | 我知道 |
[42:53] | Don’t let ’em push you around. | 别任他们摆布 |
[42:59] | You take it easy. | 你好好保重 |
[43:18] | I’m sorry, everyone. | 对不起 各位 |
[43:21] | We lost the debate. | 辩论会没了 |
[43:29] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[43:42] | We’ve got about an hour to air. Let’s put it together. | 还有一小时直播 开始准备吧 |
[43:50] | He’ll cave. He’ll agree to the debate on their terms. | 他会投降 接受他们的规则 |
[43:52] | – No, he won’t. – You romanticize Will. | -他不会 -你把威尔浪漫化了 |
[43:55] | That mock debate was about him. | 模拟辩论 全是为了他 |
[43:57] | He was the star. He attacked his… | 他为了出名 攻击自己的… |
[43:59] | He didn’t attack anybody. | 他谁都没攻击 |
[44:00] | He asked questions that the candidates should be able to answer | 他提的问题 候选人本该回答得上 |
[44:03] | and that the voters should be able to hear them answer. | 选民也该听听 他们如何回答 |
[44:05] | He didn’t cower and he wasn’t Ed McMahon. | 他没有退缩 他也不是埃德·麦克马洪 |
[44:07] | Thinking there was even a remote chance… | 居然以为有一丝的机会… |
[44:09] | – Maybe it was naive. – It wasn’t naive, it was hubris. | -也许是天真了些 -根本不是天真 是目中无人 |
[44:11] | It was gutsy and you’re just jealous. | 他很勇敢 你就是嫉妒 |
[44:13] | Jealous of what? You know, fuck you, Mac. | 嫉妒什么 去死吧 麦肯 |
[44:16] | I’ve spent this week letting you kick my ass from here to the Chrysler Building | 整个星期 我一直忍着你的冷嘲热讽 |
[44:20] | because you were selling out every 15 minutes | 因为你每隔15分钟就主动投怀送抱 |
[44:21] | to get your hands on something you didn’t get. | 想挽回以前没有得到的东西 |
[44:23] | And you were embarrassed by it in front of me. | 在我面前 你还觉得丢脸 |
[44:25] | He doesn’t want you. | 他压根不想要你 |
[44:27] | Please don’t talk about my personal life. | 请不要讨论我的私生活 |
[44:29] | I’m sort of a key player in it. | 我也算是其中的主角 |
[44:30] | Is it all right if I talk about my personal life? | 我能讨论自己的私生活吗 |
[44:32] | Yes, I broke up with you. | 没错 我甩了你 |
[44:33] | I’m the first guy ever to break up with a woman. | 我是第一个甩了女友的男人 |
[44:35] | And then I came back. Also unprecedented. | 然后我回头了 也是史上第一例 |
[44:38] | Did he come back? | 他回头了吗 |
[44:39] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[44:40] | Seriously? After four years? | 没搞错吧 都四年了 |
[44:42] | In “Castaway,” Helen Hunt got remarried in less time than… | 《荒岛余生》里 海伦·亨特再婚的时间都比… |
[44:47] | I never would have gone with the Casey Anthony story. | 我绝对不会报道凯西案 |
[44:49] | I don’t care how much of my audience I was losing. | 我不在乎流失多少观众 |
[44:51] | And he’s gonna cave on the debate, too. | 辩论会他肯定也会屈服 |
[44:53] | – Are you sure about that? – I am absolutely sure about that. | -你确定吗 -我坚信 |
[44:56] | You know what I like about Will? | 你知道我喜欢威尔什么吗 |
[44:58] | He’s not absolutely sure about anything. | 他从不坚信任何事 |
[45:02] | He struggles with things. | 他有内心斗争 |
[45:03] | He’s never certain he’s right and sometimes he’s not. | 他从不确信自己正确 有时他确实错了 |
[45:05] | But he tries hard to be. | 但他努力做到正确 |
[45:07] | He struggles with things. | 他一直挣扎着 |
[45:12] | God! | 上帝啊 |
[45:13] | Will, are you all right? | 威尔 你还好吗 |
[45:15] | Could somebody help Will put his pants on? | 能来个人帮威尔穿裤子吗 |
[45:21] | I don’t think this is gonna work out. | 我觉得这事没戏 |
[45:23] | – The story? – Yeah. | -报道吗 -对 |
[45:25] | That’s Will’s call. | 威尔说了算 |
[45:28] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[45:30] | How’s it going there? | 你怎么样了 |
[45:31] | There’s something off with these pants. | 这些裤子有问题 |
[45:33] | I think maybe considering everything that’s gone on here this week, | 我觉得考虑到这周的状况 |
[45:35] | you should reconsider having Brian write the piece. | 你应该重新考虑 让不让布莱恩报道 |
[45:37] | – Can you handle him being here? – I can handle him being here. | -你对他在这有意见吗 -完全没问题 |
[45:40] | – But I think… – I brought him in here to punish you. | -但我认为… -我找他来 是为了惩罚你 |
[45:41] | – I know. – I think I may have also brought him in here | -我知道 -我把他找来 也为了 |
[45:43] | – so you could see a side-by-side comparison. – You’re an idiot. | -让你对比一下我俩 -你脑子进水 |
[45:46] | – Hey, these are really hard pants. – Not the pants. | -这些裤子真的有问题 -不是说裤子 |
[45:49] | I have cooperated with and been the engine behind an instant | 我配合 甚至主导了这系列行动 |
[45:52] | dismantling of everything we’ve built and everything we stand for. | 毁了我们的成就 和我们的信念 |
[45:55] | I’ve ignored serious stories so we can get down in the gutter | 我无视正经的报道 |
[45:58] | with the Casey Anthony circus and the Anthony Weiner distraction. | 去蹚凯西案和韦纳的浑水 |
[46:01] | And I’ve done it all while Brian’s been standing over my shoulder | 我这么做时 还有布莱恩在背后盯着 |
[46:04] | because you put him there. | 因为你把他找来了 |
[46:05] | And you pass on the debate because that guy insulted me? | 你还因为那人侮辱我 就放弃了辩论会 |
[46:08] | Who are you?! | 你到底是谁啊 |
[46:10] | I don’t know where your head is at at any given moment! | 我都快不认识你了 |
[46:14] | I am this close to losing it! I think I have! | 我就差这么一点就疯了 我已经疯了 |
[46:17] | I think it’s happening right now! | 现在就要崩溃了 |
[46:18] | – Settle down. – I will not settle down! | -冷静 -我不要冷静 |
[46:22] | I should, though. I should settle down. | 我该冷静 我该冷静 |
[46:24] | Remember your first day here, the BP spill? | 还记得你来这第一天吗 英石油泄漏 |
[46:27] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[46:28] | Remember when I said throw out the rundown? | 记得我叫你取消原来的报道计划吗 |
[46:30] | – Yeah. – Did you think that was cool? | -记得 -你觉得那很酷吗 |
[46:33] | Yeah. | 很酷 |
[46:35] | Throw out the rundown. | 取消原来的报道计划 |
[46:37] | Wait, no. | 等等 不要 |
[46:38] | We still need the numbers. We’ve got to protect you from Leona. | 我们依然需要收视率 以免给莉安娜借口 |
[46:41] | Yeah, I can’t live with a 15-year-old girl being the toughest guy at my desk. | 我受不了在主播台上 被15岁的姑娘比下去 |
[46:44] | – Are you talking about Lisa? – Yeah. | -你是说利萨吗 -对 |
[46:45] | – She’s 26. – They all look 15 to me. Sloan. | -她26了 -我看谁都像15 斯隆 |
[46:48] | – Are you sure about this? – Not at all. Sloan. | -你确定吗 -一点也不 斯隆 |
[46:49] | – Yeah? – If I ask you the right questions, | -在 -如果我提问适当 |
[46:51] | can you talk about the debt ceiling for two segments tonight? | 你今晚能围绕债务上限 谈上两整段吗 |
[46:54] | – I don’t even need the questions. – Get ready. | -你都不需要提问 -去准备吧 |
[46:57] | Can you handle Brian being here a little while longer? | 布莱恩再待一阵子 你能挺住吗 |
[46:59] | I can handle anything. | 我什么都不怕 |
[47:01] | – Jellyfish. – I don’t like jellyfish. | -水母 -我不喜欢水母 |
[47:03] | – Brian. – Yeah? | -布莱恩 -什么事 |
[47:04] | Just write the truth, okay? Just write the truth. | 只写事实行吗 只写事实 |
[47:12] | We’re throwing out the rundown and leading with the debt ceiling. | 取消原来的报道计划 用债务上限作开场 |
[47:17] | – You get all that? – Yeah. | -都记下了吗 -嗯 |
[47:22] | Is it working? | 有用吗 |
[47:23] | No. They’re laughing at me. | 没 他们都在笑我 |
[47:25] | They think I’m a small-time troll. | 觉得我是个业余小钓饵 |
[47:27] | – That’s got to hurt. – It does. | -你得多伤心啊 -很伤 |
[47:30] | It’s too bad you’re not the guy who left the death threat for Will. | 真可惜 给威尔发恐吓信的 不是你 |
[47:37] | That’s a dangerous area. | 那可是危险区 |
[47:40] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[48:16] | Jim? | 吉姆 |
[48:18] | Yeah? | 在 |
[48:21] | Whatever happened with you and Lisa? | 你和利萨怎么了 |
[48:24] | Uh, she doesn’t want to go out with me. | 她不愿和我约会 |
[48:29] | I gave it a try. | 我试过了 |
[48:31] | A try? | 试过 |
[48:34] | Yeah. | 对 |
[48:38] | “Gather ye rosebuds.” You know what that means? | “花开堪折” 你懂吗 |
[48:41] | It’s the first half of the first line of a poem by Robert Herrick. | 是罗伯特·赫里克一首诗中第一句的前半句 |
[48:44] | What’s the second half? | 后半句是什么 |
[48:48] | “While ye may.” | “直需折” |
[48:51] | “Gather ye rosebuds while ye may.” | “花开堪折直需折” |
[49:01] | I’m gonna. | 我会的 |
[49:07] | “Then be not coy but use your time, | “莫因娇羞惜爱怜 |
[49:09] | and while ye may go marry. | 趁此春光嫁少年 |
[49:12] | For having lost but once your prime, | 等闲负了青春约 |
[49:14] | you may forever tarry.” | 此生难再觅良缘” |
[49:16] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[49:17] | Okay. | 很好 |
[49:22] | – First we have to do the show. – Yeah. | -但先要把节目做好 -好 |
[49:35] | You’re 100% sure? | 你百分之百肯定吗 |
[49:37] | It was a year ago. It was over a year ago. | 那都是一年前的事 一年多了 |
[49:40] | He was the new guy in the office | 他是办公室里的新人 |
[49:41] | and Don and I were in a terrible place. | 那时唐和我闹僵了 |
[49:44] | So I had a stupid crush on him for five minutes. | 我对他犯了五分钟的花痴 |
[49:47] | He was nice to me even though I was mean to him, | 他对我很好 尽管我对他很刻薄 |
[49:49] | so I thought maybe he liked me, too. | 所以我以为 他可能也喜欢我 |
[49:52] | But that’s just over, | 但那都结束了 |
[49:53] | and he’s really trying hard with you. | 他真的很努力在争取你 |
[49:55] | – So if you like him… – Of course I like him. | -所以如果你喜欢他… -我当然喜欢他 |
[49:57] | There’s no way to fix the air conditioning. | 这空调没法修 |
[49:59] | Your choices are 90 degrees or 30 degrees. | 要么90度[32℃] 要么30度[1℃] |
[50:02] | Who’s here at midnight? | 都半夜了 会是谁 |
[50:07] | – Hello? – Hey, it’s Jim. | -你好 -是我吉姆 |
[50:10] | Come on up. | 上来吧 |
[50:14] | We never got to the God question. | 可惜我们没机会问”上帝”问题 |
[50:16] | Bachmann said that God told her to run | 巴赫曼说上帝让她去竞选 |
[50:18] | and Maggie wanted Will to ask her what God’s voice sounded like. | 玛姬想让威尔问她 上帝的声音是怎样的 |
[50:20] | I think it would have sealed it for us. | 这主意八成能让咱们歇菜 |
[50:22] | If every network said, “We’re not playing by your rules. | 要是每家电视网都说 “我才不遵守你的规矩 |
[50:24] | You’re playing by ours,” | 你得遵守我的” |
[50:25] | We’d raise the level of debate overnight. | 辩论的水平一夜就会提高 |
[50:27] | It wasn’t as crazy as it sounded. | 这没听起来那么疯狂 |
[50:28] | It was exactly as crazy as it sounded. | 这正和听起来一样疯狂 |
[50:32] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[50:37] | – I wanted to talk to… – Hey, man. | -我想跟… -伙计 |
[50:40] | Hey, Don. | 唐 |
[50:42] | I did… I didn’t know that you’d… | 我…我不知道你会在… |
[50:44] | Maggie talked me into it. | 玛姬说服我了 |
[50:46] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[50:48] | You don’t have to pitch me. | 你不用再劝我 |
[50:50] | Maggie talked me into it. | 玛姬已经说服我了 |
[51:04] | – Let’s go for a walk. – Listen… | -出去走走吧 -听着… |
[51:06] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[51:13] | Nice ending, don’t you think? | 这结局真棒 不是吗 |
[51:15] | He had a whole speech he didn’t get to use. | 他准备了一大段话 都没用上 |
[51:21] | Don? | 唐 |
[51:27] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[51:30] | He said, “I wanted to talk to” | 他说 “我想跟…” |
[51:32] | and then I cut him off. | 然后我打断了他 |
[51:36] | What are you… | 你在说什… |
[51:37] | Lisa wasn’t the one he came here to see. | 他想见的人不是利萨 |
[51:41] | I don’t… | 我不… |
[51:43] | He signed for the flowers. | 花是他签收的 |
[51:47] | What? | 什么 |
[51:48] | I have to explain something. | 我得向你坦白 |
[51:53] | ♪ Tonight you’re mine ♪ | ♪ 今夜 你属于我 ♪ |
[51:57] | ♪ Completely ♪ | ♪ 从身到心 ♪ |
[52:03] | Congresswoman Bachmann, to you. | 巴赫曼议员 请问 |
[52:04] | Elvis or Johnny Cash? | 您更喜欢猫王还是约翰尼·卡什 |
[52:06] | Oh, that’s really tough. | 这太难了 |
[52:08] | That’s really… both. Both. | 这太… 两个都喜欢 |
[52:11] | – Both? – Yeah, I’ve got “Christmas With Elvis” On my iPod. | -都喜欢 -对 我iPod里就有《和猫王过圣诞》 |
[52:16] | All right, now we know what’s on the congresswoman’s iPod. | 好 现在我们知道议员听什么歌了 |
[52:19] | ♪ Tonight the light of love is in your eyes ♪ | ♪ 今夜 浓情之光在你眼中闪烁 ♪ |
[52:19] | 精神鉴定 所罗门·汉考克 | |
[52:26] | ♪ Will you still love me tomorrow ♪ | ♪ 明天你是否依然爱我 ♪ |
[52:37] | ♪ Is this a lasting treasure ♪ | ♪ 这会是恒久的宝藏 ♪ |
[52:49] | ♪ Or just a moment’s pleasure ♪ | ♪ 抑或是瞬间的情酿 ♪ |
[52:58] | ♪ Can I believe ♪ | ♪ 我能相信 ♪ |
[53:05] | ♪ The magic of your sighs? ♪ | ♪ 你那令人着魔的叹息吗 ♪ |
[53:11] | ♪ Will you still love me tomorrow ♪ | ♪ 明天你是否依然爱我 ♪ |
[53:23] | This is Lonny. | 我是朗尼 |
[53:24] | – Lonny, it’s Neal. – Yeah? | -朗尼 我是尼尔 -什么事 |
[53:25] | I’m sorry to call you so late, but I need to tell you | 抱歉这么晚打给你 但我有事要告诉你 |
[53:27] | about something that’s on my computer right now. | 我在电脑上看到一些东西 |
[53:29] | I’ve been working on this story, | 我最近在做一个报道 |
[53:30] | and without going into too many details… | 细节我就不说了… |
[53:33] | ♪ Is love I can be sure of? ♪ | ♪ 此情此爱 我可否相信 ♪ |
[53:44] | ♪ So tell me now ♪ | ♪ 请现在回答我 ♪ |
[53:50] | ♪ Cause I won’t ask again ♪ | ♪ 因为我不会再问 ♪ |
[53:52] | 相信我 女子发现丈夫的秘密上网习惯 | |
[53:57] | ♪ Will you still love me tomorrow ♪ | ♪ 明天你是否依然爱我 ♪ |
[54:07] | ♪ Will you still love me tomorrow ♪ | ♪ 明天你是否依然爱我 ♪ |
[54:18] | ♪ I’d like to know that your love ♪ | ♪ 希望我能确信 ♪ |
[54:29] | ♪ Is love I can be sure of? ♪ | ♪ 你的此情此爱 天地可鉴 ♪ |
[54:39] | ♪ So tell me now ♪ | ♪ 请现在回答我 ♪ |
[54:45] | ♪ Cause I won’t ask again ♪ | ♪ 因为我不会再问 ♪ |
[54:51] | ♪ Will you still love me tomorrow ♪ | ♪ 明天你是否依然爱我 ♪ |