时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:13] | We’re just past 9:00 P.M. in the East | 东部时间刚过晚上9点 |
[01:15] | and we have another round of projections. | 我们继续进行下一轮的预测 |
[01:17] | ACN is able to project Mitt Romney will win | ACN预测米特·罗姆尼将拿下 |
[01:20] | the great state of Kansas and its six electoral votes. | 堪萨斯 及其六张选票 |
[01:23] | Moving south to Louisiana, we project… | 南部的路易斯安那 我们预测 |
[01:25] | I’m here. | 我在 |
[01:28] | I want to make sure there’s absolutely no confusion. | 我要确认这里没有任何误会 |
[01:30] | You would go on the record. We would use your name. | 你愿意公开声明 我们会引用你的名字 |
[01:36] | I want more. I want a quote. | 这还不够 我要引用你的话 |
[01:37] | I’m gonna handcuff you to this thing. | 这事你休想撇清 |
[01:39] | Did he just say, “A big prize but no surprise”? | 他刚刚说”大获全胜 不足为奇” |
[01:41] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[01:43] | He’ll be kicking himself for that. | 他回头肯定不会放过自己 |
[01:44] | All right, well, we’ve got a decision to make here | 好的 我们要做个决定 |
[01:47] | and I’ll give you a heads up either way. | 不论决定如何我都会告诉你 |
[01:48] | Thank you and good luck tonight. | 谢谢你 祝你们今晚好运 |
[01:52] | It’s as confirmed as anything has ever been. | 已经确证无疑 |
[01:53] | Two GOP congressmen we can quote and identify, | 两名共和党议员同意我们点名并引用他们的话 |
[01:55] | two senior DOJ sources we can identify as two senior DOJ sources. | 两名司法部线人允许我们提到消息来自司法部 |
[01:59] | – You wanted me? – Yeah. | -你找我 -是的 |
[02:00] | – All right, I can explain. – Nope. | -好吧 我可以解释 -别 |
[02:02] | Explain what? | 解释什么 |
[02:04] | Doesn’t matter. | 没事 |
[02:05] | Here’s what’s happening. | 是这么回事 |
[02:06] | Brody in California made a statement this morning | 加州的布罗迪今早开始投票后 |
[02:09] | when the polls opened condemning Todd Akin. | 发表声明声讨陶德·艾金 |
[02:11] | It’s a tight race. | 竞争很激烈 |
[02:12] | We figure he saw internal numbers suggesting | 我们认为他看到了内部计票数 |
[02:14] | he needed a bigger cushion with women 18-55. | 意识到他需要争取更多18到55岁女性的投票 |
[02:16] | So he went on a local morning show | 于是他上了一档早间节目 |
[02:18] | and slid in a condemnation of Akin, | 并且对艾金进行了抨击 |
[02:20] | but two hours ago, Maggie found a Brody quote | 但是两小时前 玛姬找到了布罗迪1990年 |
[02:23] | in a Students for America publication from 1990. | 在SFA出版刊物上刊登的一篇文章 |
[02:26] | “It’s a sad fact, but women cry rape | “可悲的是 女性声称强奸 |
[02:28] | to avoid embarrassment, to exact revenge, | 是为了避免尴尬 实施报复 |
[02:30] | or just to draw attention. | 或者只为吸引注意 |
[02:31] | If we have rape exceptions to abortion laws, | 若在堕胎法中添加强奸的特例 |
[02:33] | women could now cry rape to terminate an innocent life. | 那女性就可以声称强奸 来终结无辜的生命 |
[02:36] | We should be able to look past the mendacity. | 我们应该看透这种谎言 |
[02:38] | Children are conceived by love, not by rape.” | 孕育孩子的 是爱 而不是强奸” |
[02:41] | – How did you find that? – Prayer and clean living. | -你怎么找到的 -祈祷 好好生活 |
[02:43] | – Seriously, how did you find that? – It’s my job. | -别闹 你怎么找到的 -这是我的工作 |
[02:45] | It’s my job, too, but I didn’t find that. | 也是我的 但我就没找到 |
[02:46] | – No, you didn’t. – Knock it off. | -可不是嘛 -够了 |
[02:48] | So, Don calls Brody’s chief of staff to get a comment. | 唐打给布罗迪的幕僚长想得到他们的评论 |
[02:51] | – John Webb. – And Webb says… | -约翰·韦布 -韦布说 |
[02:53] | Given a little time, he might be able to feed us a better story | 让我给他点时间 他或许能给我们一则更好的新闻 |
[02:55] | in exchange for holding the SFA quote till after the election. | 以交换我们选举结束后再发布SFA刊物的新闻 |
[02:57] | What’s the better story? | 更好的新闻是什么 |
[02:58] | David Petraeus is going to resign on Thursday. | 戴维·彼得雷乌斯将于周四辞职 |
[03:01] | He’s been having an affair with a lieutenant colonel in the Reserves. | 他在跟一名陆军预备役中校搞外遇 |
[03:04] | So the question is which story do we run? | 问题就是我们发布哪则新闻 |
[03:07] | – ‘Cause it’s one or the other. – It’s not even a contest. | -二者只能选其一 -用膝盖想都知道 |
[03:10] | – Brody. – Petraeus. Wait. | -布罗迪 -彼得雷乌斯 慢着 |
[03:11] | It’s 6:00 in the West. The polls are still open. | 现在西部是六点 投票还没结束 |
[03:14] | People are coming home from work. | 大家正下班回家呢 |
[03:15] | Almost 40% of the votes in Brody’s district | 布罗迪选区有40%的选票 |
[03:18] | are cast between 5:00 and 8:00. | 是在晚5点到8点间投出的 |
[03:19] | I know, and I fully appreciate that. | 我知道 这我理解 |
[03:21] | – But this is a special circumstance. – No, it’s not. | -但情况特殊 -不 不特殊 |
[03:22] | Let me make my case. | 让我先说完 |
[03:24] | We’re under siege. | 我们腹背受敌 |
[03:25] | If we break this Petraeus story | 如果我们先报到了彼得雷乌斯的新闻 |
[03:26] | two days before everyone else, | 能够早其他新闻机构两天 |
[03:28] | we’ll one: distract from our own problems, | 我们就 一 让大家不去纠结于我们的麻烦 |
[03:29] | and two earn us back some credibility and goodwill. | 二 为我们赢得一些信誉和好感 |
[03:32] | Does the Petraeus story provide any information | 彼得雷乌斯的报道对选民 |
[03:34] | the voters should have before they punch a ballot? | 投出选票有任何用处吗 |
[03:38] | It does not. | 没有 |
[03:38] | Does it do anyone any good | 如果我们明天才报道 |
[03:40] | if we report the Brody quote tomorrow instead of tonight? | 布罗迪的新闻对任何人有任何好处吗 |
[03:43] | It would help Brody out. | 对布罗迪有大好处 |
[03:45] | Call your guy back and tell him thanks, but no, thanks. | 打给他 告诉他多谢提供消息 我们不用 |
[03:47] | We’ll report that Petraeus is resigning when Petraeus resigns, right? | 我们将等彼得雷乌斯辞职的时候报道这件事 |
[03:51] | – Yeah. – Don? | -知道啦 -唐 |
[03:53] | I’m agreeing. Do I have to be happy about it? | 我没有异议 还非得兴高采烈吗 |
[03:55] | Put the Brody package together for me to approve. | 把布罗迪的新闻整理好拿给我看 |
[03:57] | I want to get it on the air in 15 minutes. | 15分钟内报道出去 |
[04:07] | – Everything all right? – Hmm? Yeah. | -一切都好吧 -嗯 好 |
[04:13] | Here’s how things are looking right now | 9点的投票结束刚过 |
[04:15] | just after the 9:00 P.M. closings. | 现在的情况是这样的 |
[04:17] | Governor Romney is ahead with 152 electoral votes | 罗姆尼州长以152张选举人票 |
[04:20] | to the president’s 123. | 领先于总统的123票 |
[04:22] | No projections right now in Arizona, New Mexico… | 目前亚利桑那 新墨西哥尚无预测 |
[04:24] | They’ve run out of ballots in Racine, Wisconsin. | 威斯康辛的拉辛投票站 选票用完了 |
[04:27] | Elliot’s got it and then throw to DC. | 埃利奥特提一下 然后转向华盛顿演播室 |
[04:30] | Elliot, right now President Obama has a lead in Wisconsin, | 埃利奥特 奥巴马总统在威斯康辛领先 |
[04:32] | but we’re hearing there are voting problems. | 但我们听说 那里的投票出现了问题 |
[04:35] | Yeah, they’ve run out of ballots in Racine, Wisconsin. | 是的 威斯康辛的拉辛投票站 选票用完了 |
[04:37] | They’ve got to get some sort of last-minute ballot supply. | 他们得临时补充选票 |
[04:39] | Taylor Warren, is that a good sign for the president in Wisconsin? | 泰勒·沃伦 此事对总统在威斯康辛的选情有利吗 |
[04:42] | It’s a very good sign. Racine, the whole Rust Belt area of the state | 很有利 拉辛及该州整个铁锈地带 |
[04:45] | is a very big sweet spot for the president. | 都是一边倒向总统的地区 |
[04:48] | Coming to you, Jane. Start us off with Colorado. | 要转去你那儿了 简 先谈科罗拉多 |
[04:50] | We’re gonna start with Florida. | 我们要先谈佛罗里达 |
[04:53] | Take Jane to Florida. | 问简佛罗里达的情况 |
[04:54] | Let’s bring in Jane Barrow and our panel in DC. | 现在有请简·巴罗和我们华府的嘉宾 |
[04:57] | Jane, what are you guys seeing in Florida? | 简 佛罗里达情况如何 |
[05:00] | There’s an interesting dynamic in that battleground state right now | 现在这个摇摆州的情况在有趣地变化着 |
[05:03] | and I’d like to go to our panel. | 我想请出我们的嘉宾 |
[05:05] | All right, New York’s on an eight-minute break. | 好了 纽约进入八分钟休息 |
[05:06] | – Don’t anyone go too far. – And clear. | -大家都别走远 -切出 |
[05:09] | Okay, whew. | 好的 |
[05:11] | 投票率指的是 己方支持者去投票站投票的人数 激烈的选战中 哪方能更好地拉动己方支持者前往投票 胜算就更大 | |
[05:11] | All right, turn out, turn out. | 投票率 投票率 |
[05:12] | – The ground game. – You talking to me? | -拉人比赛 -你在跟我说话吗 |
[05:16] | I wasn’t really talking to anyone. | 我就是自言自语 |
[05:18] | I think you just described the rest of my life. | 我觉得你刚刚描述了我的余生 |
[05:23] | How are you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[05:25] | A group called Stand By Our Troops submitted a petition | 一个名叫”支持我们的军队”的组织向AWM |
[05:28] | to AWM demanding Charlie and I be fired. | 发出了请愿书 要求我和查理辞职 |
[05:31] | They got 20,000 signatures. | 他们拿到了两万个签名 |
[05:32] | – Six and a half times the size of my hometown. – I saw. | -那是我家乡人数的6.5倍 -我看到了 |
[05:35] | Another group called Concerned Citizens for Truth | 另一个名叫”关心真相市民”的组织 |
[05:38] | got 50,000 signatures. | 拿到了五万签名 |
[05:40] | We hired a polling firm to gauge trust. | 我们雇了民调公司做信誉度调查 |
[05:43] | – And? – Nobody trusts us. | -结果呢 -没人相信我们 |
[05:44] | Men, women, over 49, under 49, Republicans, Democrats– | 男人 女人 49岁以上或以下 民主党 共和党 |
[05:48] | our lack of credibility is immune to demographics. | 对我们的不信任跨越了各种人的分界线 |
[05:50] | The op-eds won’t stop. They’re getting worse. | 报纸专栏不肯放手 而且愈演愈烈 |
[05:53] | And I’m concerned this is | 而我担心 |
[05:54] | finally what’s going to kill Charlie Skinner. | 这事可能会要了查理·斯金纳的命 |
[05:58] | Schadenfreude’s been made very convenient. | 对你们幸灾乐祸实在太容易 |
[06:00] | Hmm. Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:03] | You know, I hate to seem like I’m circling, | 我不想让人觉得我像秃鹰一样 |
[06:06] | but I’m setting up a media consulting firm | 但是我要组建一家媒体咨询公司 |
[06:09] | and I wanted to get your blessing to approach Jim Harper. | 我希望你不介意我挖吉姆·哈珀的墙脚 |
[06:12] | – About what? – About joining the firm. | -挖他干什么 -来加入我的公司 |
[06:15] | He hates me, but if I only worked with people who liked me, | 他讨厌我 但如果我只跟喜欢我的人公事 |
[06:18] | I’d have to make my dog Howard a partner. | 我就只能让我的狗狗霍华德做合伙人了 |
[06:20] | I’m lost. | 我没懂 |
[06:22] | There’s gonna be a land rush as soon as you guys announce. | 等你们一宣布 大家肯定会一涌而上的 |
[06:25] | There’s a lot of talent here. | 这里有才干的人很多 |
[06:27] | Jim just renewed his contract a few months ago. | 吉姆几个月前才续过约 |
[06:31] | It’s in the air supply around here | 这里的空气里都飘着 |
[06:33] | that senior staff is resigning over Genoa. | 高级人员将因热内亚一事辞职的消息 |
[06:36] | Charlie is resigning and I’m resigning. | 查理会辞职 我会辞职 |
[06:38] | But as of 1:35 this morning, | 但是直到今早1点35 |
[06:40] | Leona Lansing won’t even accept our resignations. | 莉安娜·兰辛甚至不肯接受我们的辞职 |
[06:42] | Where did you hear senior staff was resigning? | 你在哪听说高级人员要辞职的 |
[06:44] | – Maybe I shouldn’t say. – Where did you hear that? | -或许我不该说 -你在哪听到的 |
[06:48] | From the senior staff. | 高级人员亲口说的 |
[06:55] | I make friends everywhere I go. | 我到哪儿都能交上朋友 |
[06:59] | I want the senior staff in the studio right now. | 高级人员现在去演播室 |
[07:02] | – We have seven minutes back. – Right now. | -还有7分钟就要播报了 -马上 |
[07:07] | The mood here is still upbeat. | 这里的气氛还很乐观 |
[07:08] | They like the internal exits they’re seeing. | 内部数据让他们很满意 |
[07:10] | They’re not troubled that Obama | 他们不介意奥巴马 |
[07:11] | isn’t losing in a single state he needs to win? | 需要拿下的州 无一落后吗 |
[07:13] | They like what they’re seeing in Ohio and Florida. | 他们对俄亥俄和佛罗里达的情况很乐观 |
[07:15] | What are they seeing? | 他们看的什么数据啊 |
[07:16] | Honey, I’m starting to get funny looks from people here. | 亲爱的 大家看我的眼神都怪怪的 |
[07:18] | They know I’m Skyping with ACN. | 他们知道我在跟ACN的人视频 |
[07:20] | You’re Skyping with me. | 你在跟我视频 |
[07:21] | No one can see or hear us. | 没人能看到或听到我们 |
[07:23] | – Hey, Hallie! – Hey, Maggie. | -你好啊 哈莉 -你好 玛姬 |
[07:24] | Will wants senior staff in the studio. | 威尔让高级人员去演播室 |
[07:26] | I’ll be right there. | 我就去 |
[07:29] | It’s mostly the bloggers who don’t want me helping out old media. | 主要是博客圈的人 不希望我帮助老媒体 |
[07:32] | You know, why don’t you tell new media | 那你不如告诉新媒体的人 |
[07:34] | that old media has got a combined audience of about 80 million tonight? | 今晚大概共有八千万的观众在关注老媒体 |
[07:37] | I will, but new media will probably respond by saying | 可以 但是新媒体大概会回应说 |
[07:39] | that the report you just gave about Racine, Wisconsin, | 你们刚刚报道的威斯康辛州拉辛 |
[07:42] | running out of ballots came off Twitter. | 选票不够的新闻是来自推特 |
[07:43] | Then you should reply by telling new media to bite me | 那你就让新媒体的人给我去死吧 |
[07:46] | and my accountability and professionalism. | 我的责任感和职业感鄙视他们 |
[07:47] | Can you get someone else to do this? | 你能让别人帮你带话吗 |
[07:49] | By the way, a little while ago | 对了 刚刚 |
[07:50] | we called the Michigan first for Dan Benishek. | 我们判定密西根一区会由丹·贝尼什克当选 |
[07:52] | If you were thinking of posting something about it, I’d hold off. | 如果你打算发表声明 还是再等等吧 |
[07:55] | – Why? – I accidently called the wrong race. | -为什么 -我判定错了选举 |
[07:57] | – I meant Mississippi. – You didn’t retract it? | -本该是密西西比 -你没收回 |
[07:59] | Our decision desk is 100% confident he’s going to win. | 我们决策台有100%的信心他会获胜 |
[08:01] | – Then why can’t you call it? – They’re not confident enough. | -那为什么不判 -他们信心不够 |
[08:03] | You should really retract it. | 你真的应该收回 |
[08:04] | If you were us tonight, would you retract something | 要是你在这 你会收回一件 |
[08:06] | you didn’t absolutely have to? | 不需要绝对收回的话吗 |
[08:08] | – No. – I’m going all in on Benishek. | -不会 -我全压到贝尼什克身上了 |
[08:10] | – Hang on. – They’re waiting for me in the studio. | -等等 -他们在演播室等我呢 |
[08:12] | I think she cut her own hair. | 我觉得她的头发是自己剪的 |
[08:16] | Tonight’s really not the night– | 今天真的不是… |
[08:17] | Cutting off your own hair– that’s alarming. | 自己剪自己的头发 值得担忧啊 |
[08:23] | Any chance this can wait? | 这件事不能再等等 |
[08:25] | – No. – Jim’s on his way. | -不行 -吉姆马上就来 |
[08:27] | I’d like to announce something in the meantime. | 我同时也想说一件事 |
[08:29] | I was supposed to donate a | 我应该为桑迪飓风拍卖会 |
[08:30] | signed copy of my book for the Sandy auction | 捐赠一本我签名的书 |
[08:32] | and I went to see my parents | 但我上周去见我父母 |
[08:34] | last weekend and forgot to leave the book. | 忘记了签名这回事 |
[08:36] | Gary, meaning well, signed a copy of the book | 格雷好心的帮我签了这本书 |
[08:38] | forging my signature and writing the inscription. | 伪造了我的签名 并写了题词 |
[08:40] | – In German. – Almost. | -用德语 -大部分是 |
[08:42] | In German the words for enjoy and shred are a lot alike. | 德语中享受和撕碎两个词意思差不多 |
[08:44] | They’re nothing alike, but that’s not the point. | 差很多 不过重点不在这 |
[08:46] | Take your time getting to the point, because as you can see, | 别着急说重点 因为在我看来 |
[08:48] | – nothing else is happening right now. – We’ve got five minutes. | -大家都闲着没事 -我们有五分钟 |
[08:50] | We do not have five minutes. | 我们可没有五分钟 |
[08:51] | The producers don’t have five minutes. | 制片人可没有五分钟 |
[08:53] | My point is that someone bought the book for a lot of money | 重点是有人花大价钱买了这本书 |
[08:55] | and Neal’s dropping everything to help me find out who it was | 尼尔正放弃别的事 帮我找到是谁买的 |
[08:58] | so that I can give him or her a real signed copy of the book. | 这样我可以给他或者她一本有真签名的书 |
[09:01] | So if there’s anyone who was at the fund-raiser | 所以如果有人在募捐会上 |
[09:04] | – or maybe knows the person who– – Excuse me. | -或者有谁知道 -打断一下 |
[09:07] | You’re dropping everything? | 你把活都放下了 |
[09:09] | No, I’m still very much doing my job. Except for right now. | 不 我还在干活 除了现在 |
[09:12] | And when I’m trying to fix your Wikipedia page. | 还有除了我在修改你的维基百科页面 |
[09:14] | Oh, forget that. Drop it, it’s stupid. | 别管这事了 可没意思 |
[09:16] | – Everybody’s here? – Yes. | -大家都到了 -对 |
[09:19] | Let’s go around the room | 让我们来四处走动一下 |
[09:20] | and everybody tell something about themselves. | 大家都介绍一下自己 |
[09:22] | – Do you need to go back to the control room? – Yes. | -你是不是得去控制室 -对 |
[09:24] | Go. | 快去 |
[09:27] | – Fix the page. Get it fixed. – Copy. | -修改主页 修改好 -收到 |
[09:29] | I don’t know what the hell you guys are thinking about doing, | 我不知道你们在想着要干什么 |
[09:32] | but you’re not doing it. | 但你们什么都不许干 |
[09:33] | Last night, Charlie, Mac, and I | 昨晚 查理 麦肯和我 |
[09:36] | offered our resignations to Mrs. Lansing. | 给兰辛女士递交了辞呈 |
[09:38] | She refused to accept them, | 她拒绝接受我们的辞职 |
[09:39] | believing that the right thing to do was to stand by us. | 认为正确的做法是继续支持我们 |
[09:41] | Charlie is working hard on | 查理正在努力 |
[09:43] | Reese to get him to change his mother’s mind. | 说服里斯去改变他母亲的想法 |
[09:45] | The reason, whole reason, we’re trying to resign | 我们打算辞职的唯一原因 |
[09:48] | is to allow the rest of you to continue | 就是为了能让剩下的你们继续去做我们 |
[09:50] | to do what we started without the burden of Genoa. | 开创的事情 而不用受热那亚牵连 |
[09:53] | Elliot would take my job. Don would take Mac’s. | 埃利奥特会接替我 唐会接替麦肯 |
[09:56] | Sloan would anchor 10:00 and Jim would be her EP. | 斯隆会主播十点档 吉姆做她的制片人 |
[09:58] | So I don’t want to hear any more rumors | 所以我不想听到任何关于 |
[10:00] | about the rest of you resigning. | 你们这些人要辞职的流言 |
[10:02] | – Is that clear? – No. | -都明白了吗 -没有 |
[10:04] | – It’s not clear? – No, it’s clear. | -没说明白 -不 说明白了 |
[10:06] | – We’re saying no. – No to what? | -我们说的是不行 -什么不行 |
[10:08] | If Leona accepts your resignations, we’re resigning, too. | 如果莉安娜接受了你的辞呈 我们也会辞职 |
[10:11] | Everyone who was involved with Genoa. | 所有与热那亚事件有关系的人都会 |
[10:12] | I’m not going to accept your resignations. | 我不会接受你们的辞呈 |
[10:14] | Due respect, but if Leona accepts yours, | 恕我直言 若莉安娜接受了你的辞职 |
[10:16] | you’re not going to be in a position– | 就轮不到你… |
[10:17] | We gave you a bad story. It’s our responsibility. | 我们给你了一个坏报道 是我们的责任 |
[10:19] | There are principles of… principle here | 这里是有原则的 |
[10:22] | and character and responsibility. | 有性格 有责任的 |
[10:24] | Who put all this in your head? | 你这都是从哪学来的 |
[10:26] | You did. Now can we go back to work? | 你啊 我们现在可以回去工作了吗 |
[10:33] | You expect me to get choked up? | 你指望我哑口无言吗 |
[10:36] | Meeting’s over. Two minutes back. | 会议结束 两分钟归位 |
[10:49] | I think you insulted them a little by not assuming | 我觉得你假设他们不会支持你和查理和麦肯 |
[10:51] | they’d stand behind you and Charlie and Mac. | 这一点有点侮辱了他们 |
[10:53] | Why do you think that? | 你为什么这么想 |
[10:54] | Because you insulted me a little. | 因为你有点侮辱了我 |
[10:59] | – Charlie. Hi. – Oh, hi. | -查理 嗨 -嗨 |
[11:02] | – Excuse me. – Oh, Charlie. | -抱歉 -查理 |
[11:04] | Charlie, a woman in Mesa, Arizona, | 查理 亚利桑那方山的一个女人 |
[11:06] | ran over her husband with | 用她家的车轧过了她丈夫 |
[11:08] | their car because he didn’t vote for Romney. | 因为他没有投给罗姆尼 |
[11:10] | Can I have a moment? | 能单独跟你说句话吗 |
[11:11] | Did you hear what I just said? | 你听见我说的吗 |
[11:12] | – No. – He’s in the hospital. | -没有 -他还在医院呢 |
[11:14] | They were in a parking lot. | 事情是在停车场发生的 |
[11:15] | She was chasing him around a light pole. | 她绕着一个灯杆在追他 |
[11:16] | He tried to make a run for it and she pinned him at the curb. | 他想跑走 然后她在路边轧倒了他 |
[11:20] | Here’s what I find strange about this. | 我觉得这件事奇怪的地方在于 |
[11:23] | First of all, it’s not like the husband voted for Obama. | 首先 不是说这个丈夫投给了奥巴马 |
[11:27] | He just didn’t vote for Romney. He didn’t vote. | 他只是没投给罗姆尼 他根本没投票 |
[11:29] | And second, isn’t Romney gonna win the vote | 第二 无论如何 罗姆尼 |
[11:31] | in Arizona by like 200% anyway? | 在亚利桑那是一定能赢的 |
[11:33] | Yeah, but you don’t think the strange part | 对 但是你不觉得奇怪的地方在于 |
[11:35] | is the wife driving over her husband with a car? | 这个妻子用车轧倒了她丈夫 |
[11:38] | Well, she’s pregnant. | 她怀孕了 |
[11:39] | – Where are you getting this from? – Twitter. | -你们从哪知道这事的 -推特 |
[11:42] | All right, can I have just a second? | 好吧 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[11:45] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[11:47] | A decision has to be made before the court clerk’s office | 明早九点法庭书记员办公室开门前 |
[11:50] | opens at 9:00 tomorrow. | 必须要做出决定 |
[11:52] | I appreciate everything you said last night. | 我很感谢你昨晚所说的话 |
[11:55] | I was high last night. | 我昨天晚上嗑药了 |
[11:57] | I know. You told us. | 我知道 你说了 |
[11:58] | But then I got a good night’s sleep | 但然后 我睡了个好觉 |
[11:59] | and an early morning swim and a full day’s work. | 早起游了个泳 而且工作了一天 |
[12:01] | And then I changed and came here and got high again. | 然后我改变主意 又来这嗑药了 |
[12:04] | – God damn it. – It’s marketing. | -该死 -这叫营销 |
[12:06] | They got a stash. | 他们藏着好东西 |
[12:07] | I mean, I don’t know how they do it. | 我不知道他们是怎么做的 |
[12:09] | I think they grow their own | 我觉得他们是在 |
[12:10] | in, like, the Galapagos Islands or something. | 加拉巴哥群岛还是哪生产的 |
[12:12] | And I want to get the Allman Brothers back together. | 而且我想让奥尔曼兄弟乐队回归 |
[12:15] | Rebecca says that it’s your intention to sue us if we resign. | 丽贝卡说 如果我们辞职 你会起诉我们 |
[12:19] | For breach of contract, yes. Hey, you want some champagne? | 违约合同 对 你想喝香槟吗 |
[12:21] | No. For two months, | 不 两个月来 |
[12:22] | there’s been a mob shouting for our resignations. | 一直都有人喊着想让我们辞职 |
[12:25] | – And the mob is right. – Are you sure they’re not just loud? | -而且这些人说得对 -你确定他们只是喊吗 |
[12:27] | What does it matter? | 有什么关系呢 |
[12:28] | They’ll keep shouting until Will and I leave the building. | 他们会一直喊 直到威尔和我离开这里 |
[12:30] | And if we don’t leave the building, | 如果我们不离开这里 |
[12:32] | what will that do to everyone else? | 这对别的人又会有什么影响 |
[12:34] | From what I understand, if I accept your resignations, | 以我来看 如果我接受了你们的辞呈 |
[12:37] | there won’t be anyone left except the DC bureau | 除了华盛顿分部 就没人留下来了 |
[12:40] | because those guys want your jobs. | 因为那里的人都想要你的工作 |
[12:42] | Will and I will convince senior staff to stay. | 威尔和我会劝说高级职员留下 |
[12:45] | I’m not worried about that. | 我不担心这个 |
[12:46] | Here’s why you have to let Dantana’s lawyers | 所以必须在明早书面提交前 让丹塔纳 |
[12:49] | know you’re gonna settle before papers are filed in the morning. | 的律师 知道你会解决好这件事 |
[12:53] | A diary will be made available | 我们将会有一本 |
[12:54] | to any reporter who wants to read it… | ACN内部行为日志提供给任何 |
[12:55] | Which will be every reporter. | 所有的人都会想去看 |
[12:56] | …of the internal operations of ACN. | 想要去阅读的记者 |
[12:58] | And AWM and that diary will be written by lawyers | 还有AWM 那本由律师写的日志 |
[13:01] | whose only objective is to make us look silly. | 只会让我们看起来更傻 |
[13:03] | I don’t feel silly. You want to split a pizza? | 我不觉得啊 你想分吃披萨吗 |
[13:06] | Can you understand me right now?! | 你听见我说的吗 |
[13:08] | Well, when you speak at that volume, I think everyone can. | 你要是用这个音调说 大家都能听见的 |
[13:10] | I drove them into this fucking nightmare. | 是我让他们陷入了这个梦魇中 |
[13:13] | I led, they followed. | 是我领导的 他们跟着我 |
[13:14] | And it’s like I led them to Cape Fear | 这就像是我带着他们到了《恐怖角》 |
[13:17] | ’cause everyone we’ve pissed off– | 因为被我们惹到的每个人 |
[13:19] | every congressman, every reporter, | 每个国会议员 每个记者 |
[13:22] | every citizen journalist– | 每一个公民记者 |
[13:23] | I understand the reality. | 我了解这个情况 |
[13:26] | You know who I am. | 你知道我是谁 |
[13:28] | Reese agrees with us. | 里斯同意我们辞职 |
[13:31] | Oh, the irony that it’s come down to you and Reese agreeing. | 你和里斯居然能意见一致 好讽刺啊 |
[13:35] | Your son and I seldom agree. | 你儿子很少和我意见一致 |
[13:37] | You disrespect him, Charlie. | 你不尊重他 查理 |
[13:38] | – He’s given me reasons to. – No, no, he hasn’t. | -他给了我理由啊 -不不 他没有 |
[13:41] | He’s given you reasons to disagree with him, | 他给了你和他意见不同的理由 |
[13:43] | but not to disrespect him. | 但是没有让你不尊重他 |
[13:44] | Well, we’re not disagreeing now. | 我们现在意见一致了 |
[13:46] | He’s thinking very clearly about this. | 他对此想的很清楚 |
[13:48] | He’s being a smart executive. | 他现在是个聪明的总裁 |
[13:50] | And now is exactly the right time to listen to him. | 现在正是时候 听从他的意见 |
[13:55] | Well, I’m doing a lot more than listening to him. | 我做的可不仅仅是听他的意见 |
[13:58] | I’m letting him make the decision. | 我让他做决定 |
[14:03] | – You are? – Yeah. | -是吗 -对 |
[14:05] | – Leona, come on. – Reese is making the decision. | -莉安娜 拜托 -里斯自己在做决定 |
[14:08] | He went out to take a walk. | 他出去走了走 |
[14:11] | – Why? – Clear his head. | -干吗 -整理思绪 |
[14:13] | – I meant– – Maybe get a panini. | -我是说… -说不定去吃个意式三文治 |
[14:14] | I meant why are you letting Reese make the decision? | 我是说为什么你让里斯做决定 |
[14:17] | ‘Cause I’m not really sure Elizabeth Windsor | 因为我不太确定伊丽莎白二世 |
[14:19] | is the world’s greatest mom. | 是世界上最伟大的母亲 |
[14:21] | I mean, why doesn’t she just give her son the throne? | 为什么她不直接把王位给她儿子 |
[14:23] | On the other hand, I think being queen is what keeps her alive. | 但话说回来 做女王是她活下去的动力 |
[14:26] | But doesn’t she want to be alive to see her son be king? | 但是 难道她不想活着见到他儿子变成国王 |
[14:29] | Except that that’s not how it works. | 可惜的是 规矩不允许 |
[14:31] | It’s prince by birth, king by death. Yet– | 出生既为王子 现任死了才能做国王 但是 |
[14:35] | Do you have any idea what you’re talking about right now? | 你知不知道现在到底在说什么 |
[14:37] | Don’t think I do, no. | 别以为我知道 我不知道 |
[14:40] | But I want to see how Reese handles this. | 但是我想看看里斯如何处理 |
[14:43] | He’s already told us how he’s gonna– | 他已经告诉我们他要… |
[14:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:53] | I’m relieved. | 我解脱了 |
[14:57] | I can tell. | 能看出来 |
[15:00] | Enjoy the party. | 享受派对吧 |
[15:10] | Oh, my God! | 我的天哪 |
[15:13] | I’m sorry. Are you all right? | 抱歉 你没事吧 |
[15:15] | – I’m sorry. – It was my fault. | -抱歉 -这是我的错 |
[15:17] | I wasn’t looking. Did I hurt you? | 我没看见 我伤到你了吗 |
[15:19] | No, no, I’m fine. | 没事 我没事 |
[15:21] | Have we met? You look familiar. | 我们见过吗 你看起来很脸熟 |
[15:23] | I’m Maggie Jordan’s roommate. | 我是玛姬·乔丹的室友 |
[15:25] | – Sure. – I’m Lisa. | -对了 -我叫利萨 |
[15:26] | Lisa. | 利萨 |
[15:28] | I’m sorry, Lisa. Are you all okay? | 抱歉 利萨 你没事吧 |
[15:31] | – Yes. – Okay. | -好吧 -好吧 |
[15:34] | Oh, Mr. Skinner, could I ask you a favor? | 斯金纳先生 能帮我个忙吗 |
[15:37] | Would you mind not mentioning | 你能不能别告诉 |
[15:38] | to Jim Harper that I’m working up here tonight? | 吉姆·哈珀 我今晚在这工作 |
[15:40] | Yeah, sure. Why would I mention it to Jim? | 好啊 为什么我会告诉他 |
[15:43] | Oh, ’cause you guys were– got it. | 对 因为你们俩… 明白了 |
[15:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:48] | We’re ready to make an important projection | 我们即将做出一个重大的预测 |
[15:50] | At 9:25 with 27% of the vote counted. | 9点25分 已有27%的票数被统计 |
[15:53] | ACN is projecting that Pennsylvania | ACN预测宾夕法尼亚 |
[15:55] | will be won by the president. | 将被总统收入囊中 |
[15:56] | Pennsylvania, a crucial battleground state | 宾州是一个重要的摇摆州 |
[15:59] | which was won by the president | 四年前总统赢得了他们的支持 |
[16:00] | four years ago, will stay in his column. | 而今天它仍将站在总统这边 |
[16:02] | Suzannah Marquez is on the scene for us | 苏珊娜·马克兹此刻正在 |
[16:04] | at Obama headquarters in Chicago. | 奥巴马的芝加哥大本营带来报道 |
[16:06] | Suzannah, was this much of a surprise where you are? | 苏珊娜 那里的人对此表现得惊喜吗 |
[16:08] | Will, they’re not surprised, | 威尔 他们并不惊讶 |
[16:09] | but they’re certainly relieved. | 但确实松了一口气 |
[16:11] | This was a state President Obama was determined to hold | 这是奥巴马总统志在顶住罗姆尼州长 |
[16:14] | against a late push from Governor Romney to take it. | 最近的攻势而守住的一州 |
[16:16] | There’s also something instructive in these numbers. | 我们也可以读到这些数据背后隐藏的涵义 |
[16:19] | According to senior campaign | 据一位与我整日保有联系的 |
[16:20] | officials I’ve been speaking to all day… | 竞选团队高级官员说… |
[16:23] | – It’s not from you? – Mm-mm. | -不是你递的吗 -不是 |
[16:25] | …was the high African-American turnout. | …有赖于黑人的高投票率 |
[16:27] | And that’s a pattern they said | 他们说这一情况 |
[16:28] | they’ve been seeing in a number of states today. | 今日在许多州都有所见 |
[16:30] | But, of course, the night | 但毋庸置疑 现在为时尚早 |
[16:32] | is early and we’ll have much more later. | 稍后我们会得到更多信息 |
[16:34] | – Will? – Thank you, Suzannah Marquez. | -威尔 -感谢苏珊娜·马克兹带来的报道 |
[16:36] | We’ll be hearing more from | 我们今晚将与你 |
[16:37] | – you as the night moves on. – Battleground update. | -保持联系 -更新摇摆州情况 |
[16:38] | Checking in with our other battleground states– | 来关注一下其他摇摆州的情况 |
[16:41] | in Florida with 84% of the vote in, | 佛罗里达州已收到84%的选票 |
[16:44] | the race is as close as it gets | 竞争十分激烈 |
[16:45] | with the president holding a 50-49 lead. | 总统现以50%比49%领先 |
[16:47] | – It looks like… – It’s close. | -看起来 -太接近了 |
[16:49] | Hit refresh. | 刷新一下 |
[16:52] | It just got closer. | 更接近了 |
[16:53] | 657 votes. | 657票 |
[16:59] | – Kathy? – Very busy now, Jim. | -凯西 -忙着呢 吉姆 |
[17:01] | Can I see you one second? | 能出来一下吗 |
[17:03] | – I’ll have to shield my eyes. – Go ahead. | -那我又要蒙上眼睛了 -不用了 |
[17:07] | I’m not allowed to see other networks. | 我不能看到其他预测 |
[17:09] | Just look down. Aim your gaze at the floor. | 低头看地就行了 |
[17:12] | The Michigan first is getting tighter. | 密西根一区越来越焦灼了 |
[17:13] | Benishek is only up by 600 votes. | 贝尼什克只领先600票了 |
[17:15] | 657. | 657票 |
[17:16] | There was a moment in the race when it was 1-0, right? | 竞选中总有一刻是一比零对吧 |
[17:19] | – That’s not– yes, but– – And then the second vote got counted. | -对 但是… -等到第二票计入统计 |
[17:23] | – You’re still confident he’s going to win? – Yes. | -你仍然确定他会赢吗 -是的 |
[17:24] | – And you’re just as confident he’s going to win. – 51-49 red. | -还像刚才一样确定吗 -51比49归红 |
[17:27] | – Or, if you want to be more exact… – I do. | -你想要更准确的数据吗 -我要 |
[17:29] | 50.6 to 49.4. | 50.6比49.4 |
[17:31] | That’s literally as close as a race can be. | 再激烈的竞争也不过如此吧 |
[17:33] | – That’s why we haven’t called it. – We did call it. | -这就是为什么我们还没判定 -我们可是已经判了 |
[17:34] | – You called it. – What’s the abbreviation for Michigan? | -你自己判定的 -密西根的缩写是什么 |
[17:36] | – MI. – What’s the abbreviation for Mississippi? | -MI -密西西比呢 |
[17:39] | – MISS. – Okay, you’re not here as an abbreviation expert. | -MISS -得了 你不是来当缩写专家的 |
[17:42] | I’m 100% confident in those abbreviations. | 我对这些缩写100%确定 |
[17:45] | Go back in your lair. | 回你老窝去吧啊 |
[17:46] | – Jim. – Yeah? | -吉姆 -什么事 |
[17:48] | Rachel Corey is on the phone and wants to talk to you. | 瑞秋·科瑞打电话来找你 |
[17:49] | She’s a pollster with the | 他是贝尼什克竞选团队 |
[17:50] | Benishek campaign in the Michigan first. | 在密歇根一区的民调员 |
[17:52] | Here it comes. | 找上门了 |
[17:54] | Tam, will you transfer that call to Maggie’s line? | 塔玛你能把电话转到玛姬这线上吗 |
[17:55] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[18:02] | This is Jim Harper. | 这里是吉姆·哈珀 |
[18:04] | Jim, this is Rachel Corey | 吉姆 这里是瑞秋·科瑞 |
[18:05] | with Dan Benishek’s campaign in Michigan. | 代表丹·贝尼什克在密西根的竞选团队 |
[18:08] | – Congratulations! – That’s why I’m on the phone. | -恭喜啊 -我就是为这事打电话来的 |
[18:10] | ACN called the race a while ago, but no one else has. | ACN判定我们获胜好久了 别家却都没报 |
[18:13] | Well, I can’t speak for the other networks, | 我不能代表其他电视台 |
[18:15] | but ACN has the congressman holding his seat. | 但ACN确定议员保住了他的位子 |
[18:18] | Our numbers show he’s only up by 600 votes. | 我们的数据显示他只领先600票 |
[18:20] | – 657. – 632. | -657票 -632了 |
[18:23] | What the hell is going on, Jim? | 到底怎么回事啊 吉姆 |
[18:24] | Do I send my guy out to make a victory speech? | 我能让候选人出去发表胜利演说了吗 |
[18:27] | I would. | 我觉得能 |
[18:29] | Look, I don’t want to kick you guys when you’re down, | 我也不想落井下石 |
[18:31] | but you haven’t had the most awesome history of being right lately. | 但你们最近的正确史可不是咋地啊 |
[18:35] | Well, first, you can’t bounce the words history and lately | 首先 历史和最近不能 |
[18:39] | off each other in the same sentence. | 放在一句话里说 |
[18:41] | Also, in my entire time here covering national elections, | 再有 我参与报道的所有选举中 |
[18:44] | ACN hasn’t missed a single call. | ACN没有报错过一个 |
[18:45] | How many elections have you been there for? | 你参与了几次啊 |
[18:47] | This is my second. | 这是第二次 |
[18:48] | – Did we win the election or not? – You did. | -我们到底赢没赢 -赢了 |
[18:51] | Then why has no one else called it? | 那为什么别家不判 |
[18:53] | You’re forcing me to brag, but it may just be | 你这是在逼我吹嘘啊 |
[18:56] | that we have better people working the numbers. | 很可能是因为我们的数据专家更牛 |
[18:58] | You won’t be offended if we | 如果我们要等别家判了 |
[18:59] | wait until someone else has called it, will you? | 再宣布我们获胜 你不会生气吧 |
[19:01] | No, ma’am. I am a little offended. | 不会的 女士 我确实有点生气 |
[19:03] | – Even though you’re lying? – She doesn’t know that. | -即便你说了谎 -可她不知道啊 |
[19:05] | – We’ve got a problem upstairs. – At the party? | -楼上出了点状况 -派对吗 |
[19:06] | The guests were supposed | 客人们应该上交手机 |
[19:07] | to hand over their phones and someone didn’t, | 但有个人没交 |
[19:09] | because they tweeted a picture. | 因为他”推”了一张照片 |
[19:11] | There are people up there who are hearing information we don’t want leaked. | 楼上有人听到了我们不想泄露的信息 |
[19:13] | And also this is a shot of Charlie | 这还有一张查理在楼上 |
[19:17] | on the floor with broken champagne glasses, | 打翻了香槟酒杯的照片 |
[19:18] | which isn’t the best optic for us right now. | 这对我们来说很不利啊 |
[19:20] | – I don’t have the muscle to get security to– – That’s Lisa. | -我没资格叫保安… -这是利萨啊 |
[19:25] | – Kneeling on the floor, that’s Lisa. – That is Lisa. | -跪在地上那个是利萨啊 -是利萨 |
[19:28] | She didn’t want you to know she was here tonight. | 她不想让你知道她今晚在这 |
[19:30] | She’s been working for a caterer to earn extra money. | 她给一个酒席供应商打工赚外快 |
[19:33] | Why didn’t she want me to know she was here? | 为什么她不想让我知道她在这 |
[19:37] | This is where I’m gonna check out. | 听到这我就该闪人了 |
[19:38] | But someone upstairs has a phone and they’re using it. | 但楼上有人正用着手机呢 |
[19:44] | You know, it might be a | 我觉得这可能是个 |
[19:45] | good time for you guys to patch things up. | 你俩冰释前嫌的好机会 |
[19:47] | You really think this is a good time? | 你真这么想的吗 |
[19:52] | What if none of us are here tomorrow? | 这可能是我们最后一天在这工作了 |
[19:57] | 599. | 599了 |
[20:01] | Checking back in with our analysts. | 话题转回我们的分析师 |
[20:03] | Taylor, you’ve been looking over the exits and working your phone. | 泰勒 你一直在看出口民调和你的手机 |
[20:05] | Tell us what you’re seeing and hearing. | 跟我们说说你都得知了那些信息 |
[20:07] | We’re seeing movement in Florida. | 我们看到了佛罗里达州的动向 |
[20:09] | The last exit polls showed Mitt Romney up by three. | 上一个的民调显示米特·罗姆尼领先三个百分点 |
[20:12] | The latest show the president up by one. So that’s a fluid race. | 而最近的显示总统以一个百分点领先 情势还不明朗 |
[20:15] | But senior campaign sources in Boston | 但波士顿的竞选高层告诉我 |
[20:17] | are telling me they like the precinct breakdown. | 选区数据对它们很有利 |
[20:19] | The Romney people still feeling good about Florida? | 罗姆尼团队仍然对佛州很有信心吗 |
[20:21] | – Take us to break. – Florida and Ohio. | -进段广告 -佛罗里达和俄亥俄 |
[20:22] | And hopefully we’ll be able | 希望我们能尽快 |
[20:23] | to bring those calls to you soon. | 向您汇报结果 |
[20:25] | But right now, what we know is that Pennsylvania, | 但现在我们所掌握的有 宾夕法尼亚 |
[20:27] | the first of the big contested states… | 大竞选州中第一个… |
[20:28] | – Play in and stand by animation. – Standing. | -切入 动画准备 -就位 |
[20:31] | Stay tuned for more of ACN’s continuing coverage | 敬请期待ACN对 |
[20:33] | of Election Night 2012. | 2012大选之夜的持续报道 |
[20:37] | We’re out. | 结束 |
[20:38] | – Two minutes back. – That’s two and no change. | -两分钟 -两分钟 没有余数 |
[20:40] | Will, we’re ready to call the House for the Republicans. | 威尔 我们判定共和党拿下了众议院多数席位 |
[20:43] | All right, I’ll take care of things out here. | 好的 这边我来办 |
[20:45] | – You do it in there. – Take care of what things? | -你负责办好你那里 -办什么啊 |
[20:47] | Come sit in this chair. | 过来坐这个椅子上 |
[20:49] | Why? | 为什么 |
[20:50] | When we come back from commercial, you’re gonna call the House | 广告回来 你来判定共和党 |
[20:53] | for the Republicans and go to Sloan for the breakdown. | 拿下众议院多数席位 然后交给斯隆进行分析 |
[20:55] | – Where are you going? – I’m taking a break. | -那你干嘛 -我休息一下 |
[20:57] | What do you mean, you’re taking– | 什么意思啊 休息一下 |
[20:59] | I want our audience to get used to seeing you break big news. | 我想让观众们习惯看你报道重大新闻 |
[21:02] | That’s not gonna be necessary. | 这没必要 |
[21:03] | – Take the chair. – No. | -坐这来 -不 |
[21:05] | Then there’s gonna be a camera pointed at an empty chair. | 那一会摄像机就会对着一把空椅子 |
[21:07] | Oh, fuck. Will! | 该死 威尔 |
[21:14] | – Don. – Yeah? | -唐 -啥事 |
[21:17] | We’re gonna call the House after the break. | 广告回来 判定众议院多数席位 |
[21:18] | We’ve got Boehner, Cantor, and Pelosi, | 已联系到博纳 坎特 佩洛西 |
[21:20] | but we have to wait in line for a while, so you’ll need to vamp. | 但还要等一会 你得即兴编词了 |
[21:22] | You’ll need to vamp. I’m gonna step out of the room. | 是你得即兴编词了 我要出去了 |
[21:24] | – 60 seconds back. – What? | -60秒后直播 -什么 |
[21:26] | You’ve got your cards, you’ve got your producers, | 你手上有记录 有制片人 |
[21:28] | you’ve got Elliot at the desk. | 主播台上有埃利奥特 |
[21:30] | What’s happening right now? | 到底怎么回事 |
[21:32] | We just want to show Reese and Leona you guys are good at this. | 我们想让里斯和莉安娜看到你们能做得很好 |
[21:34] | – You guys are good at this. – See you in eight minutes. | -你们能做得很好 -8分钟后见 |
[21:39] | The Republicans are keeping the House. Let’s get that graphic up. | 共和党保住了众议院 打上去 |
[21:41] | – G-0445 standing. – Elliot. | -G-0445号带准备 -埃利奥特 |
[21:43] | I’m here. | 我在呢 |
[21:45] | You’re gonna ask Sloan how we’re able to make that call. | 你要问斯隆我们判定的凭据 |
[21:47] | – Copy. – Sloan, most of the competitive House races | -收到 -斯隆 说大多数竞争激烈的席位 |
[21:50] | were in states where polls closed at 8:00. | 都集中在8点钟结束投票的州里 |
[21:51] | Republicans were ahead in 12, Democrats in three, | 共和党在其中12场领先 民主党只有3场 |
[21:53] | and that’s how we’re able to call it. | 这就是判定的凭据 |
[21:55] | – You copy? – This is getting out of hand. | -收到吗 -这简直失控了 |
[21:58] | Ah, don’t worry about that right now, okay? | 现在别担心这个了 |
[22:01] | Copy. | 收到 |
[22:07] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[22:09] | We are ready to make a big call. | 我们将做出一个重大判定 |
[22:11] | ACN’s ready to project that the Republican Party | ACN预测共和党 |
[22:15] | will be the majority party in the House of Representatives | 将在接下来的至少两年中 |
[22:17] | for at least two more years. | 成为众议院多数党 |
[22:19] | So far, so good. | 还不错 |
[22:20] | ACN is projecting at this time that the Republicans | ACN现在预测共和党 |
[22:23] | will hold on to the majority of the House. | 将继续掌握众议院多数席位 |
[22:25] | We’ll be speaking with | 我们马上将和 |
[22:26] | Majority Leader Eric Cantor in just a moment. | 多数党领袖 埃里克·坎特连线 |
[22:28] | But before we do, Sloan Sabbith, | 在那之前 斯隆·莎碧斯 |
[22:30] | you’ve been reviewing all the information as far as the House is concerned. | 你一直在关注所有众议院竞选的信息 |
[22:33] | You’ve been speaking with our decision desk. | 也一直和我们的决策台交流 |
[22:34] | How are we able to call this? | 能告诉我们这一判定是怎么来的吗 |
[22:36] | Well, Elliot, the Democrats | 埃利奥特 民主党 |
[22:37] | needed a net gain of 25 seats to take the House | 需要增加至少25个席位才能拿下众议院 |
[22:40] | and 20 of the most competitive races closed at 8:00. | 而20个争夺最激烈的席位 已在8点完成投票 |
[22:43] | I was wrong to think the reason you weren’t firing me was vanity. | 我以为你不解雇我是为了虚荣心 是我错了 |
[22:50] | I was wrong to think the reason | 我以为你不解雇我 |
[22:51] | you weren’t firing me was that it would look bad. | 是为了面子上过得去 我错了 |
[22:53] | I’m sorry for that. | 对不起 |
[22:57] | You want your job back? | 你想让我收回解雇吗 |
[23:00] | I don’t think it’ll make that much difference now. | 我觉得没区别 |
[23:03] | Charlie told me Leona is letting Reese make the decision. | 查理跟我说莉安娜要让里斯决定 |
[23:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:09] | I tried to explain it | 从我第一天来 第一秒见你 |
[23:11] | my first day here the second I saw you. | 我就想解释 |
[23:14] | Do you remember? | 记得吗 |
[23:15] | I was hung up on him because he had rejected me. | 我放不下是因为他拒绝过我 |
[23:18] | That’s normal. | 这很正常 |
[23:20] | I liked that he hated I was dating you. | 看他不喜欢我和你约会让我很高兴 |
[23:22] | We weren’t just dating. | 咱俩不仅仅是在约会而已 |
[23:24] | Later. We weren’t just dating later. | 那是之后 后来咱俩不只是在约会 |
[23:26] | At the beginning we were, though. | 最初咱俩确实只是在约会 |
[23:28] | And I was using you to get, | 我利用你来… |
[23:32] | you know. | 你明白的 |
[23:33] | And then I fell in love with you | 接着我爱上了你 |
[23:36] | and I never saw him again. | 就再也没有去见他了 |
[23:38] | And if I hadn’t told you, | 如果我不告诉你真相 |
[23:42] | you’d never have known. | 你永远都不会知道 |
[23:45] | So why did you tell me? | 那你为什么要告诉我 |
[23:46] | If I had to do it over again, I wouldn’t, | 如果一切可以重来 我不会告诉你 |
[23:48] | but I had never been in a relationship as serious as ours | 我以前从来没有如此认真的感情 |
[23:51] | and I thought it was what I was supposed to do. | 我以为我就该这样做的 |
[23:53] | You sure you didn’t tell me ’cause you wanted to break up? | 你确定你不告诉我是因为你想分手吗 |
[23:56] | Oh, fuck you. | 去你的吧 |
[23:57] | – It’s a reasonable– – Yeah, I’m sure. | -这是个合理的… -对 我确定 |
[23:59] | Are you sure you’re not just a massive bag of douche? | 你确定你不是个彻头彻尾的白痴吗 |
[24:02] | ‘Cause let me tell you something, it’s just plain weird | 我这么说吧 你当时的做法很奇葩 |
[24:04] | that you were prepared to marry me, | 你准备和我结婚 |
[24:06] | that you’d bought a ring, | 买了枚戒指 |
[24:08] | but were unwilling to read any of my e-mails | 但却不想看我写给你的邮件 |
[24:11] | or answer any of my calls. | 不回我的电话 |
[24:13] | Yeah, I’m sorry for this, but the ring was a practical joke. | 是 我很抱歉 戒指只是个恶作剧 |
[24:16] | You were having the staff vet me, remember? | 你让他们查我 记得吧 |
[24:19] | I knew you were gonna find the offer | 我知道你会找到 |
[24:21] | from when we were together | 当我们还在一起时 |
[24:22] | for me to do something on the West Coast. | 请我去西海岸工作的邀请 |
[24:24] | I knew you were gonna come into the office waving it and saying, | 我知道你会到办公室来晃着邀请说 |
[24:26] | “Aha, you were never as serious as you said, | 你可没有像你说的那样认真 |
[24:28] | ’cause if you were, you’d have told me about a job | 如果有的话 你不会不告诉我 |
[24:30] | you were considering on the other side of the country.” | 你打算去美国的另一边工作了 |
[24:32] | And that’s what happened. | 事实上还真就发生了 |
[24:37] | You know, I heard, “The ring was a practical joke…” | 我听到”戒指是个恶作剧”后 |
[24:42] | and then I didn’t hear anything after that. | 下面的话什么都没听进去 |
[24:45] | It wasn’t a joke. It was a rejoinder. It wasn’t a joke. | 不是恶作剧 是个反驳 不是恶作剧 |
[24:47] | You took out a ring and showed it to me | 你拿出一枚戒指给我看 |
[24:49] | as proof that your intention had been to marry me. | 证明你曾想过要娶我 |
[24:53] | I bought the ring that morning. | 我是那天早上买的戒指 |
[24:54] | Scott’s assistant did. | 斯考特的助理买的 |
[24:58] | Your agent’s assistant went to Tiffany’s | 你代理人的助理那天早上 |
[25:01] | and bought the ring that morning? | 去蒂凡尼买了那枚戒指 |
[25:03] | Yes. I’m sorry. And you were never supposed to know. | 是 我很抱歉 你本来不会知道的 |
[25:05] | So I get the irony and I am really sorry. | 我知道这很讽刺 真得很抱歉 |
[25:08] | That ring had to have cost a quarter of a million dollars. | 那枚戒指得花掉25万美元 |
[25:12] | I’m not really sure. | 我不清楚 |
[25:13] | We returned it that afternoon. | 那天下午就退回去了 |
[25:16] | I asked them to get a nice one. | 我让他们买枚漂亮的 |
[25:18] | You once described a ring you saw in a movie. | 你有次跟我说过你在电影里看到的戒指 |
[25:20] | – Okay. – Mac. | -好了 -麦肯 |
[25:21] | You know, no kidding. I’m gonna step away. | 别开玩笑 我要出去了 |
[25:23] | – Hang on. – Because the thing is I’m serious. | -等下 -我是很认真的 |
[25:25] | I feel like I’m gonna hit you and you have to be back on the air. | 我觉得我会打你 而你还得上节目 |
[25:27] | – You’re not going to hit me. – I’m worried that I am. | -你不会打我的 -我担心我会 |
[25:29] | And I’m the executive producer of the show. | 我是这个节目的执行制片 |
[25:31] | I can defend my– | 我能挡得住 |
[25:35] | Stand on the other side of the room. | 去那边站着 |
[25:37] | – This is stupid. – There is a reasonable chance, | -太傻了 -我很有可能 |
[25:39] | a credible threat that I’m gonna hit you | 我很确信会打你的 |
[25:41] | and I don’t want you to have a bloody lip | 我不想让你广告后回到节目上 |
[25:43] | when we come back from commercial. | 嘴角上挂着血 |
[25:44] | That should make sense to you. | 这你应该明白吧 |
[25:49] | Like I said, if I ever thought | 像我说的 如果我曾认为 |
[25:51] | there was a chance you’d find out… | 你会发现… |
[25:53] | You just told me! | 你自己刚刚告诉我的 |
[26:04] | I brutally hurt you and that’s a fact. | 我很残忍地伤害了你 那是事实 |
[26:06] | And facts don’t change. But in my lifetime… | 事实不会改变 但在我的人生中 |
[26:11] | I’ve never done it intentionally. | 我从来没有故意伤害你 |
[26:18] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[26:31] | Recap the House and then look at Colorado when we come back. | 广告回来后 回顾众议院 接着讨论科罗拉多 |
[26:39] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[26:45] | – Did you find out anything? – Yes. | -查到什么了吗 -查到了 |
[26:48] | A woman at the auction management company | 一个拍卖管理公司的女人 |
[26:50] | was moved by your story | 被你的故事打动了 |
[26:51] | and a little concerned about going to jail for fraud, | 同时有点害怕会因诈骗而坐牢 |
[26:53] | so she was happy | 所以她很乐意 |
[26:54] | to fax over the name and contact information | 把拍下假签名书那人的 |
[26:56] | of the person who bought the forged book, | 姓名和联系方式传真过来 |
[26:58] | but you’re not gonna be happy. | 但你是不会开心起来的 |
[26:59] | Was it bought by an inmate? | 是个犯人买的 |
[27:01] | I have a small, slightly disturbed following among white-collar criminals. | 我的信众里有一小撮是白领罪犯 |
[27:04] | The book was bought by Sidney Falco. | 书是被西德尼·法尔科买去的 |
[27:06] | – I don’t know who that is. – It’s Tony Curtis. | -我不认识这人 -也就是托尼·柯尔提斯 |
[27:09] | Sidney Falco is a character from “Sweet Smell of Success.” | 西德尼·法尔科是电影《成功的滋味》里的角色 |
[27:11] | The highest bid was anonymous? | 最高出价人是匿名的 |
[27:14] | All the bids are anonymous. | 所有出价人都是匿名的 |
[27:15] | Joe Gillis is “Sunset Boulevard.” | 乔·吉利斯是《日落大道》里的角色 |
[27:16] | Walter Neff from “Double Indemnity.” | 沃尔特·奈夫来自《双倍赔偿》 |
[27:18] | Archibald Craven from “The Secret Garden.” | 阿奇博尔德·柯瑞文是《秘密花园》里的 |
[27:20] | I don’t understand this at all. | 我一点头绪也没有 |
[27:21] | Someone wanted to create | 有人想要制造 |
[27:23] | the impression of a bidding war. | 拍卖竞争的假象 |
[27:25] | So a total of nobody bid on the book? | 所以其实根本没人竞拍这本书 |
[27:27] | Except Sidney Falco from “Sweet Smell of Success” | 除了《成功的滋味》里的西德尼·法尔科 |
[27:29] | who, for some reason, | 他出于某种原因 |
[27:30] | bid himself up with other fictional characters. | 与其他虚构的角色竞争 |
[27:31] | Who cares? Someone gave $1,000 to Sandy relief | 谁在乎 有人出一千美元来给桑迪救灾 |
[27:34] | and they think they have your signature. | 并认为书上是你的亲笔签名 |
[27:36] | I’m gonna get to the bottom of this. | 我要把这事彻底查清 |
[27:37] | You’re at the bottom. | 你已经查清了 |
[27:38] | – There are clues here. – I don’t think so. | -这里有线索 -我没觉得有 |
[27:39] | – There could be clues. – There aren’t. | -可能存在线索的 -不存在 |
[27:40] | And you don’t want to start looking for anagrams– | 你不会是想做字母易位… |
[27:42] | Let’s start looking for anagrams of Sidney Falco | 先把西德尼·法尔科这名字做字母易位 |
[27:44] | and “Sweet Smell of Success.” | 还有《成功的滋味》 |
[27:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:51] | I got your text. | 我收到你的短信了 |
[27:53] | – I’ve decided to countersue Jerry. – Of course. | -我决定反诉杰利 -是吗 |
[27:55] | – I’m fighting back. – What are you suing him for? | -我要反击 -诉讼原因 |
[27:57] | – To fight back. – I meant exactly what are you– | -为了反击 -我是说你具体告他什么… |
[27:59] | – You ready? – I’m sorry? | -准备好了吗 -什么 |
[28:01] | – I said you ready? – Give it to me. | -我说你准备好了吗 -说吧 |
[28:02] | Intentional affliction of emotional distress. | 蓄意导致他人情感痛苦 |
[28:05] | – How do you even know? – I Googled it. | -你怎么会知道 -谷歌上查的 |
[28:07] | – There are four elements. – One: he acted intentionally. | -有四个元素 -一 他的行为是蓄意为之 |
[28:08] | By doctoring the tape. | 他剪辑了带子 |
[28:10] | Two: his conduct was extreme and outrageous. | 二 行为极端不可接受 |
[28:12] | – He doctored the tape. – Three: you suffered distress. | -他剪辑了带子 -三 你承受了痛苦 |
[28:14] | I am in extreme distress. | 我现在极度痛苦 |
[28:16] | And four: his act caused your distress. | 四 你的痛苦由他造成 |
[28:18] | He doctored the motherfucking tape, Rebecca. | 他他妈的剪辑了带子 丽贝卡 |
[28:20] | – You sound upset. – Do I? | -你听上去很沮丧 -是吧 |
[28:23] | He doctored the tape and he gets to sue us? | 是他剪辑了带子 反倒起诉我们 |
[28:26] | I gave him a bad job recommendation ’cause he doctored the tape | 因为他剪辑了带子我才没给他好的工作推荐 |
[28:28] | and he gets to sue me? | 他倒来起诉我 |
[28:31] | – The people who want tort reform, they got a point. – Yes. | -想要改革侵权法的人做得对 -确实 |
[28:34] | The things you’re allowed to sue for and be taken seriously. | 看看这些可以拿来诉讼还能被人当回事的东西 |
[28:36] | And so we come face-to-face | 让我们正面了解 |
[28:38] | with just how stupid lawyers worry we are. | 到底律师以为我们有多蠢 |
[28:40] | I lost you in the middle of that. | 中间那句没明白 |
[28:41] | You know what it says on a box of chocolate pudding mix? | 你知道巧克力布丁盒子上写什么吗 |
[28:44] | “Caution, pudding will get hot when heated.” | “小心 布丁加热后会变热” |
[28:47] | Go to a hotel, | 去住宾馆 |
[28:47] | you know what it says on the shower cap in the bathroom? | 你知道浴室里的浴帽上写什么吗 |
[28:49] | “Fits one head.” | “只适合一颗脑袋” |
[28:51] | – You wear a shower cap? – I read. | -你带浴帽吗 – 我读了说明 |
[28:54] | And I’m dying to know the suit | 我就想知道是什么案子 |
[28:55] | that prompted lawyers to insist on the shower cap directions. | 能让律师们坚持给浴帽写使用说明 |
[28:58] | Look at the box your iron came in. | 看看你熨斗的包装 |
[28:59] | It says, “Warning, do not iron clothes while wearing them.” | 写着 “警告 不要穿着衣服时熨烫” |
[29:02] | Do we really have to slow down for these people? | 我们真的要因为这些人而放慢脚步吗 |
[29:05] | Leona’s leaving the decision to Reese. | 莉安娜把决定权交给里斯了 |
[29:09] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:15] | That’s not what you wanted. | 那不是你想要的 |
[29:19] | I don’t know what I want. | 我不知道我想要什么 |
[29:29] | I want to keep doing the news. | 我想要继续做新闻 |
[29:32] | Here. | 在这里 |
[29:34] | With Elliot for Charlie. | 和埃利奥特一起在查理手下做新闻 |
[29:36] | I want to keep arguing with Mac and Will. | 我想和麦肯和威尔继续争辩讨论 |
[29:38] | I want Dantana to iron his clothes while wearing them. | 我想让丹塔纳熨正穿在身上的衣服 |
[29:46] | Could I get another Grey Goose on the rocks with three olives? | 我能来再一杯灰雁伏特加加冰加三颗橄榄吗 |
[29:49] | – Sure. – And you can just bring me some more champagne | -当然 -如果香槟没全被你的衣服吸收了 |
[29:51] | if it hasn’t all been soaked up by your clothes. | 就帮我再拿一些来吧 |
[29:53] | – No, there’s plenty more. – Just joking with you. | -没有 还有很多 -开个玩笑 |
[29:55] | – I’ll be right back. – Okay. | -马上来 -好的 |
[30:00] | Don’t shoot. | 别开枪 |
[30:02] | Charlie Skinner wasn’t supposed to tell you I was here. | 查理·斯金纳不该告诉你我在这里的 |
[30:04] | He didn’t. Someone tweeted a picture of you on the floor. | 他没说 有人推特了你蹲在地上的照片 |
[30:07] | The center of gravity on champagne glasses is too high. | 香槟杯子的重心太高了 |
[30:09] | That’s what I’ve always said. | 我总是这么说的 |
[30:11] | And what happened to the old-fashioned ones from the movies? | 电影里的老式酒杯都去哪了 |
[30:14] | They’re too wide. They let the bubbles out. | 杯口太宽 把气泡都放走了 |
[30:15] | I’m working right now. | 我在工作 |
[30:16] | Yeah, Maggie said you were working for a caterer. | 对 玛姬说你给酒席供应商打工 |
[30:18] | On the side. I still work at the store. | 作为兼职 我还在店里工作的 |
[30:20] | It was good seeing you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[30:22] | I just have a minute. We’re waiting for some Senate information. | 我只有一分钟 我们在等参议院的消息 |
[30:25] | I think Sherrod Brown is gonna keep his seat | 我想谢罗德·布朗会保住他的位置 |
[30:27] | and it’s looking like McCaskill’s gonna beat Todd Akin. | 看起来麦卡斯吉尔将会打败托德·艾金 |
[30:29] | – Do you know how frustrating this is? – Careful. | -你知道这有多令人沮丧吗 -小心 |
[30:31] | I want to kick your ass right now, | 我想现在扁你一顿 |
[30:32] | but I can’t ’cause everyone else is. There’s no room. | 但我不能 你已经被揍惨了 我没处下手 |
[30:34] | So I have to feel bad for you instead. | 我只能在心里可怜你了 |
[30:36] | If those are the only choices, I’d rather you kick my ass. | 如果只有两个选择 我宁愿你扁我一顿 |
[30:38] | – You don’t get to decide. You know why? – I do. | -不由你决定 知道为何吗 -知道 |
[30:40] | – Do you remember standing in front of me and swearing… – Yes. | -你记得站在我面前发誓 -我记得 |
[30:41] | – …swearing that you didn’t have feelings– – I meant it. | -发誓你对…没有感觉 -我是认真的 |
[30:43] | You know that I found out | 你知道我是从那个 |
[30:44] | from that fucking YouTube video, you asshole? | 他妈的YouTube视频上知道的吗 |
[30:46] | I don’t think there’s a way it could have been worse. | 我知道没有比这更糟的了 |
[30:48] | – Excuse me, Lisa. Is there a problem? – No. | -抱歉 利萨 有问题吗 -没有 |
[30:51] | It seems like there is because you’re speaking rudely to a guest. | 看起来有 因为你和客人讲话很粗鲁 |
[30:54] | And the incident earlier, | 还有之前的小插曲 |
[30:55] | – that man was the president– – There’s no problem. | -那人是主席 -没有问题 |
[30:56] | And considering the circumstances, she’s being remarkably polite. | 考虑到实际情况 她已经很有礼貌了 |
[30:58] | On the other hand, one of your servers is tweeting pictures | 另一方面 您的一个服务生在推派对照片 |
[31:01] | from the party and you signed a confidentiality agreement. | 而您是签了保密协议的 |
[31:03] | Well, if that’s true, it’s serious. | 如果是真的 这事可严重了 |
[31:05] | – It is. – I’ll take care of it. | -是实情 -我会处理的 |
[31:06] | – Lisa, please be working. – I’m coming now. | -利萨 请去工作 -我马上来 |
[31:09] | How do you know it was one of the servers? | 你怎么知道是服务生发的 |
[31:11] | – It probably wasn’t. – I have to go. | -可能不是 -我得走了 |
[31:12] | I meant it. When I stood in front of you | 我是认真的 我站在你的面前 |
[31:16] | and when I swore, I meant it. | 发誓的时候 我是认真的 |
[31:17] | – I believe you. – Do you? | -我相信你 -真的吗 |
[31:19] | Yes, it wasn’t till after | 是的 直到你 |
[31:20] | you got to know me that you rejected me. | 了解我之后拒绝了我 |
[31:21] | – Champagne? – No, thank you, I’m good. | -香槟 -不了 谢谢 |
[31:24] | I didn’t reject you. | 我没有拒绝你 |
[31:25] | And there isn’t a way it could have been worse. | 也没有更坏的情况了 |
[31:28] | Grey Goose up, three olives. | 灰雁伏特加 三颗橄榄 |
[31:31] | Because at that point, my worst fear was realized. | 因为在那个时刻 我最害怕的事情发生了 |
[31:33] | – Spiders? – You get a kick out of yourself, don’t you? | -蜘蛛吗 -你觉得很好笑是吗 |
[31:35] | I actually ordered this on the rocks. | 我点的是加冰块的 |
[31:38] | My fault. I’ll fix that. | 我的错 我会解决 |
[31:39] | She got the number of olives right. She’s making progress. | 她放对橄榄了 也算进步了 |
[31:42] | – What was that? – I beg your pardon? | -你说什么 -你说什么 |
[31:44] | Jim. | 吉姆 |
[31:46] | I don’t know what your worst fear is. | 我不知道你最害怕什么 |
[31:47] | That you think I’m stupid. | 我最害怕你当我是笨蛋 |
[31:48] | And stop trying to make up for it by defending my honor | 别想着在一个你能打扁的人面前 |
[31:50] | to a guy you can obviously beat the shit out of. | 维护我了 这弥补不了什么 |
[31:52] | – Stop. – I can’t. | -站住 -不行 |
[31:53] | Do you think I think you’re stupid? | 你认为我觉得你是笨蛋 |
[31:55] | – I have to circulate. – The whole time you thought– | -我必须得传酒 -一直以来你都以为 |
[31:57] | I’m smart enough to know that I’m not smart enough. | 我聪明到可以意识到自己的愚蠢 |
[31:59] | – For what? – You. | -为什么 -你 |
[32:01] | – Stop walking. – Can we drop it? | -别走了 -我们能不说了吗 |
[32:02] | Lisa. | 利萨 |
[32:04] | – I don’t get you. – Maggie is downstairs being a news producer. | -我没明白你要说什么 -玛姬在楼下当新闻制片人 |
[32:07] | Your new girlfriend’s in Boston covering | 你的新女友在波士顿 |
[32:09] | a presidential candidate for her own website. | 为她自己的网站报道总统候选人 |
[32:11] | And I’m up here passing out drinks. What evidence– | 而我在这倒酒 什么证据 |
[32:13] | You’re working two jobs. | 你打两份工 |
[32:15] | You’re thoughtful and you’re authentic. | 你很体贴而且真实 |
[32:17] | And I have never seen you sneer at anyone or anything. | 我也从来没见过你嘲笑过任何人任何事 |
[32:20] | There is, believe me, no one that you’re not good enough for | 相信我 没有你配不上的人 |
[32:23] | and there is hardly anyone who’s good enough for you, | 而且大部分人都配不上你 |
[32:26] | including, it turned out, me. | 当然 这样也就包括了我 |
[32:28] | I’m about to turn 30. | 我马上就要奔三了 |
[32:29] | And you could just as easily be someone’s date here tonight | 而你能很容易的在今晚这群人里找到人和你约会 |
[32:31] | or married to their black Am Ex. | 或者嫁给他们的黑色贵宾美国运通卡 |
[32:33] | If they can make me laugh, I’d take a green one. | 如果他们能让我笑 我会选绿色的 |
[32:36] | Did Maggie cut her own hair? | 玛姬是自己剪的头发吗 |
[32:38] | – I don’t speak to Maggie. – You live in the same apartment. | -我不和玛姬说话 -你们住在同一套公寓里 |
[32:40] | We have our own lives. Champagne? | 我们有自己的生活 要香槟吗 |
[32:42] | Strictly speaking, champagne should be poured | 严格意义上来讲 香槟应该在 |
[32:43] | immediately after the bottle’s been uncorked, | 开瓶后立即倒到酒杯里 |
[32:45] | but because you’re very beautiful, I’ll make an exception. | 但是因为你很漂亮 我决定破次例 |
[32:47] | Yeah, yeah. Take the glass. | 行了 行了 赶紧拿杯子 |
[32:51] | – Maggie’s in bad shape. – I don’t care. | -玛姬现在状态不好 -我不关心 |
[32:52] | – I don’t speak to Maggie. – Please change that policy. | -我不和玛姬说话 -拜托你改变一下政策 |
[32:54] | – No. – She’s in bad shape. | -不 -她现在状态很差 |
[32:56] | Because you’re dating that reporter from the bus? | 因为你在和大巴上的那个记者约会 |
[32:57] | – It’s hard for me to sympathize. – Not because of me. | -这让我很难产生同情心 -不是因为我 |
[32:59] | – Because of Africa. – What do you mean? | -因为非洲 -什么意思 |
[33:02] | I don’t care. Champagne? | 我不关心 要香槟吗 |
[33:04] | They don’t want champagne. | 他们不想要香槟 |
[33:06] | Are you saying Maggie didn’t tell you what happened in Uganda? | 你是说玛姬没告诉你在乌干达发生的事情吗 |
[33:09] | No. And again, I don’t care. | 没有 再说一遍 我不关心 |
[33:12] | Did she get hurt? | 她受到伤害了吗 |
[33:14] | Did somebody– what are you saying? | 有人 你在说什么 |
[33:15] | You have to ask her. | 你得自己去问她 |
[33:17] | I can’t tell you if she doesn’t want you to know. | 如果她不想让你知道 那我也没法告诉你 |
[33:19] | But she wants you to know, so you have to ask her. | 如果她想告诉你 你就要自己去问她 |
[33:23] | No. | 不 |
[33:26] | Did she cut her own hair off? | 是她自己剪的头发吗 |
[33:30] | There was hair on the bathroom floor. | 厕所地板上有头发 |
[33:33] | We’re gonna make the Senate call in Missouri and Ohio | 我们会判定密苏里和俄亥俄的参议院选举结果 |
[33:36] | and we’ll be throwing it to DC in 10 or 11 minutes. | 然后在10到11分钟后转到华盛顿画面 |
[33:39] | – Copy. – But if we’re able to call Florida, | -收到 -但如果我们不能判定佛罗里达的结果 |
[33:40] | or for that matter, the race, just send it back. | 或者因此不能判定选举的结果 把结果发回来 |
[33:43] | You’re not gonna let DC call the race? | 你不打算让华盛顿宣布判定结果 |
[33:47] | Just send it back. | 只管发回来 |
[33:49] | We’ll try not to drop sarin gas on anyone while we do. | 我们发回去的时候会尽量不投放沙林毒气的 |
[33:56] | If you’ve got something to say, Jane, you should say it to me | 简 你有话应该对我说 |
[33:59] | and not to the people in this control room | 而不是控制室里的人 |
[34:01] | who simply did what I told them to do and did it well. | 这些人只是听从我的命令并很好的完成了工作 |
[34:03] | And I have people here who | 而我这里的人 |
[34:04] | could live without Genoa on their resumes, | 简历里没有热那亚的字样还能活下去 |
[34:06] | so I’m not sure from where you | 我不知道你从哪来的勇气 |
[34:07] | get the nerve to insist that Will call the race. | 让威尔判定选举结果 |
[34:09] | I get the nerve from my mother. | 我从我妈那遗传的 |
[34:11] | But for the record, it was a DC producer | 但是先说明 制造假新闻的 |
[34:13] | who committed journalistic malpractice. | 是来自华盛顿的制片人 |
[34:15] | And if I were you, I’d be going through every story | 如果我是你 我会一帧一帧地检查 |
[34:17] | he ever produced for you frame by frame | 他为你制作的每一条新闻 |
[34:19] | to find out what else he’s cooked along the way. | 来看看他还有什么新闻是造假 |
[34:21] | Good advice. Let me know if you have any recommendations | 好建议 等我接手威尔在纽约的工作时 |
[34:24] | for your job when I take Will’s chair in New York. | 一定给我推荐一个接替你工作的人选 |
[34:27] | It’s Charlie Skinner, Jane. | 我是查理·斯金纳 简 |
[34:29] | Send it back to New York when Mac tells you to. | 听麦肯的指示把画面转回纽约 |
[34:32] | – Copy that. – The desk says go on Senate. | -收到 -决策台说参议院的结果出了 |
[34:35] | We’re ready to go on the Senate. McCaskill and Brown. | 参议院的结果出了 麦卡斯基和布朗 |
[34:38] | Because this is something that needs to be kept in mind. | 因为这是你应该牢记的事情 |
[34:40] | The entire world– – Sorry, we’re gonna make an important call. | 整个世界 抱歉 我们有一个重要判定要宣布 |
[34:44] | Two big races in the US Senate. | 美国参议院的两个重量级选举 |
[34:45] | ACN is projecting that in Ohio, Sherrod Brown, | ACN预测俄亥俄的谢罗德·布朗 |
[34:49] | the Democratic incumbent, will be reelected | 民主党现任参议员 将会获得连任 |
[34:51] | and Claire McCaskill, the Democrat from Missouri, | 克莱尔·麦卡斯基 来自密苏里的民主党人 |
[34:53] | will keep her seat as well. | 也会获得连任 |
[34:55] | Elliot, what does that mean for the Senate? | 埃利奥特 这对于参议院来说意味着什么 |
[34:56] | It’s now mathematically impossible for the Republicans to take control of the Senate, | 现在 共和党已彻底无望控制参议院了 |
[35:01] | 罗姆尼若当选总统 瑞恩就是副总统 副总统可在参议院投票平手时 投下关键一票 | |
[35:01] | even if Romney wins tonight and Paul Ryan becomes the tiebreaker. | 哪怕罗姆尼今晚获胜 保罗·瑞恩投下关键票 |
[35:03] | So we’re projecting now that Harry Reid | 所以我们预测哈里·瑞德 |
[35:06] | will stay in the majority leader’s office. | 会继续出任多数党领袖 |
[35:08] | Taylor, should the Democrats be sending the Tea Party | 泰勒 民主党人是不是应该 |
[35:10] | a basket of mini muffins and a thank-you card for that? | 给茶党送上一篮小松饼和感谢贺卡呢 |
[35:13] | I think the Democrats have a lot of gift baskets to hand out. | 我觉得民主党人肯定有很多礼品篮要送 |
[35:17] | Chris Christie, the media– | 克里斯·克里斯蒂 媒体 |
[35:19] | – Whoa. – Okay. Hold the phone. | -天呢 -等等 等等 |
[35:21] | I can feel warmth about to happen. | 我感觉到有激烈的对话要发生了 |
[35:22] | What media are you talking about when you say media? | 你说媒体是指什么媒体 |
[35:24] | – ‘Cause there are a lot of us. ACN? – Yes. | -因为有很多个媒体 ACN吗 -是的 |
[35:27] | Ah, well. Please continue. | 好的 请继续 |
[35:29] | I worked in the Romney press shop | 我曾在罗姆尼的媒体部门工作 |
[35:30] | and I can tell you that on average over the last six months, | 我可以告诉你 在过去六个月的时间里 |
[35:33] | “News Night” did 14 negative stories | “晚间新闻”报道的共和党负面新闻 |
[35:36] | about Republicans to every one… | 是对民主党负面新闻的14倍 |
[35:37] | Hey, Molly. It’s New York. | 莫里 这里是纽约 |
[35:38] | – Copy. – Coming to you shortly. Stand by. | -收到 -马上到你了 准备好 |
[35:40] | If Republicans do 14 crazy things in a month, | 如果共和党人在一个月里干了14件疯事 |
[35:42] | does that mean the unbiased thing to do | 难道我们为了公正 |
[35:44] | would be for us to concoct 13 additional crazy Democrat stories? | 就得捏造出13件民主党人做的疯事吗 |
[35:47] | – Are we doing this now? – We’re doing this. | -我们现在正在这样做吗 -我们正在这样做 |
[35:49] | Go to Molly in St. Louis. | 转到圣路易斯的莫里 |
[35:50] | Then let me give you another statistic. | 让我给你另一组统计数据 |
[35:51] | – Almost nobody– – No, we’re going to St. Louis first. | -几乎没有人 -我们先转到圣路易斯 |
[35:54] | – Okay. – Molly Sadler is with the McCaskill campaign | -好 -莫里·塞勒此刻正在欧姆尼会议中心 |
[35:57] | at the Omni Convention Center. | 跟踪报道麦卡斯基的竞选 |
[35:59] | Molly, do I have to ask what the mood is there? | 莫里 我是否需要问问你那边的气氛如何 |
[36:01] | I would say the mood is jubilation, Will. | 这边的气氛非常欢乐 威尔 |
[36:17] | Is there a chance I can get you to ask Hallie a favor for me? | 你能否让哈莉帮我一个忙 |
[36:20] | – What’s the favor? – I need her to post a story tonight. | -什么忙 -我需要她今晚发布一篇新闻 |
[36:23] | Which I’ve already written– | 我已经写下来了 |
[36:24] | about the effect the debates had on the outcome. | 关于辩论对竞选结果影响的 |
[36:26] | In this story she quotes Mac, who’s identified | 在这篇新闻中 她援引麦肯的一段话 |
[36:28] | both as the EP of “News Night” | 不仅作为”晚间新闻”的执行制片人 |
[36:30] | and a former president of the Cambridge Union. | 同时也作为剑桥辩论社的前主席 |
[36:32] | That’s the only way to get Wikipedia to change the entry? | 这是唯一能让维基百科更改词条的办法吗 |
[36:35] | – Yeah. – Are you proud of your army of citizen journalists? | -是的 -你现在还对你的公民记者大军感到骄傲吗 |
[36:39] | Have you called any more elections on your own? | 你又擅自判定其他的选举结果了吗 |
[36:41] | – No. – Just the one? | -没有 -只有一个 |
[36:42] | I’ll ask her. But, you know, she’s a little busy. | 我会问她 但是 她有些忙 |
[36:45] | And ethical. | 而且很有道德感 |
[36:46] | I’d like to do this for Mac tonight as a gift. | 我帮麦肯这个忙 算是今晚给她的一个礼物 |
[36:51] | I’ll do it when I have a minute. | 等我有时间我就去 |
[36:54] | The left doesn’t have a version of the Tea Party. | 左派没有像茶党这样的组织 |
[36:56] | What’s OWS? | 那OWS呢 |
[36:57] | There wasn’t an OWS candidate on the ballot tonight. | 今晚没有OWS的候选人参选 |
[36:59] | The left’s crazy people hardly ever run for office. | 那些左派的疯狂人士几乎从来不参加竞选 |
[37:02] | And when they do, they don’t win. | 而且就算参加了 也赢不了 |
[37:04] | 常发表过激言论的前任共和党众议员 曾说”我看到那些在车上贴着 ‘奥巴马2012’贴纸的人 就觉得他们是对人类基因库的威胁” | |
[37:04] | Who’s Allen West on the left? | 谁是左派的艾伦·韦斯特 |
[37:05] | 两位都是茶党成员 对奥巴马政府激烈抨击 前者坚决反对任何的加税政策 在债务上限投票中全都投了反对票 后者最著名的就是”是上帝让我竞选总统的” | |
[37:05] | Who’s Joe Walsh or Michele Bachmann? | 谁是乔·沃尔什 米歇尔·巴赫曼 |
[37:07] | A 14-1 ratio of negative stories and your takeaway is | 14比1的负面新闻发生率 而你却认为 |
[37:10] | is that there’s a problem with the storyteller. | 是报道新闻的人错了 |
[37:12] | What are your thoughts about that, Taylor Warren? | 你对此的看法是什么 泰勒·沃伦 |
[37:14] | – Cannot remember the question. – Any word from Reese? | -想不起问题是什么了 -里斯有消息吗 |
[37:16] | – He’s still walking. – He’s what? | -他还在散步 -他在干什么 |
[37:19] | He’s walking. | 散步 |
[37:21] | He’s walking around the neighborhood with a Rockette. | 陪一个大腿舞女郎在附近散步 |
[37:23] | Presumably trying to decide how to announce the personnel changes | 大概是在想怎么宣布人事决定 |
[37:26] | and how much money to pay Dantana to not file in the morning. | 该花多少钱才能让丹塔纳明早不上诉 |
[37:31] | – What’s a Rockette? – The dancers. | -大腿舞女郎是什么 -跳舞的 |
[37:34] | He’s dating a Rockette. A real one. | 他在和大腿舞女郎约会 货真价实的 |
[37:39] | Is there anything that’ll convince you it wasn’t your fault? | 还有什么事能让你相信这不是你的错吗 |
[37:48] | Get together with Sloan and talk about | 跟斯隆讨论一下 |
[37:50] | a 90-second segment on income and voting preferences. | 花90秒谈谈收入和投票倾向的联系 |
[37:53] | – Okay, Jane, we’re coming to you. – If I can jump in… | -好的 简 准备到你了 -容我插句话 |
[37:56] | Let’s go to DC for a whip-around on the Senate. | 准备把画面转到华盛顿 继续报道参议院选情 |
[37:58] | I have to cut you off there and throw to Jane Barrow | 我得打断你 把画面交给简·巴罗 |
[38:01] | and our panel in Washington. | 和华盛顿的嘉宾 |
[38:03] | Jane, the Republicans will control the House | 简 共和党将会控制众议院 |
[38:05] | and the Democrats will control the Senate. | 民主党将会控制参议院 |
[38:06] | A billion dollars later, are we right back where we were? | 花费十亿美元之后 我们又回到了原点吗 |
[38:09] | – That’s the question I want to put to our panel… – We’re out. | -这正是我想要问的问题 -结束了 |
[38:11] | DC has the con. | 画面转给华盛顿 |
[38:12] | 5:30 back. | 5分30秒 |
[38:14] | No. | 没有 |
[38:16] | No what? | 没有什么 |
[38:19] | There’s nothing that’ll convince me. | 没有什么事情能让我相信 |
[38:27] | I just got an e-mail with an attachment. | 我刚刚收到一封带有附件的邮件 |
[38:29] | – From me? – Yes. | -我发的 -是的 |
[38:30] | The attachment was an article about the effect of the debates on the election. | 附件是一篇关于辩论对竞选影响的文章 |
[38:34] | – Yeah. – You know who wrote it? | -是啊 -你知道谁写的吗 |
[38:35] | – Neal. – Nope. | -尼尔 -不是 |
[38:37] | – I can explain. – The byline says I did. | -我能解释 -署名写的是我 |
[38:38] | – He knew you were busy. – What the hell is going on? | -他知道你很忙 -这是怎么回事 |
[38:41] | We need someone who doesn’t work here to post an article | 我们需要不在这里工作的一个人发表一篇文章 |
[38:45] | that contains the information that MacKenzie | 里面要说明麦肯兹 |
[38:48] | was president of the Cambridge Union and not the Oxford Union | 是剑桥辩论社的主席 而非牛津辩论社 |
[38:51] | so that Wikipedia would edit her page. | 这样维基百科才会重新编辑她的页面 |
[38:53] | – You know, now that I’m saying it– – Not until just now? | -我这话说出口后 觉得… -才觉得啊 |
[38:57] | – What’s the mood there? – What’s the mood there? | -那边的情绪如何 -那边的情绪如何 |
[38:59] | – I know. I know. – Okay, well, I have to go. | -我知道 我知道 -好了 我得走了 |
[39:03] | It’s starting to sink in that they’re gonna lose Florida. | 大家开始认为 要输掉佛罗里达了 |
[39:05] | And between you and me, he didn’t write a concession speech. | 告诉你个秘密 他都没写败选演讲 |
[39:07] | – Can I ask you something? – I really do have to go. | -我能问你点事吗 -我真得走了 |
[39:10] | So do I, but… | 我也是 但是 |
[39:13] | do I ever make you feel like you’re dumb? | 我有没有让你觉得自己很笨 |
[39:15] | Seriously, honey, what’s going on there? | 亲爱的 发生什么事了 |
[39:18] | I’m asking because I really like you and I don’t want to blow it. | 我这么问 因为我真心喜欢你 不想搞砸了 |
[39:22] | Well, first of all, you’re not smart enough to make me feel like I’m dumb. | 首先 你还没聪明到让我觉得自己笨的地步 |
[39:24] | I was hoping you’d say that. | 我希望你会这么说 |
[39:26] | And I really like you, too. You’re not blowing it. | 我也真心喜欢你 你没搞砸 |
[39:29] | I knew there had to be a reason why I liked you so much. | 我就知道 我那么喜欢你 是有原因的 |
[39:34] | ‘Cause just physically, you’re hard to look at. | 因为 相貌方面 你不咋地 |
[39:36] | – You’re not so much homely… – Talk to you soon. | -也不是不好看 -拜拜 |
[39:38] | …as you are just weird-looking. | 只是长相有点怪异 |
[39:40] | – Jim. – Yeah? | -吉姆 -怎么 |
[39:41] | Maggie says to tell you they’re 93 votes apart now | 玛姬让我告诉你 只差93票了 |
[39:43] | and you’d know what that means. | 她说你会明白 |
[39:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:49] | The gender income gap starts at 50K. | 性别收入分水岭在5万 |
[39:51] | Men 50K and above are breaking for Romney. | 男性5万年薪以上的 倾向于罗姆尼 |
[39:53] | Women at 50-200K were more likely to vote for the president. | 而女性5万至20万年薪的 倾向于总统 |
[39:56] | And it’s the top 1% of female earners that went red. | 女性偏向共和党的 是收入最高的1% |
[40:00] | Now here’s where I’d like us to focus because this is crucial. | 其中有一点非常关键 |
[40:02] | I’m sorry, but they need you. | 打扰了 他们找你 |
[40:04] | – They’re calling Ohio. – We’re on our way. | -要判俄亥俄了 -我们马上来 |
[40:08] | You’re back in 90 seconds. We’ll pick this up after, okay? | 你90秒后要直播 我们之后再谈吧 |
[40:29] | We’re calling both, and we’re ready to go to Chicago. | 两个都要判 准备连线芝加哥 |
[40:31] | – Tess. – I’ll get estimates from Boston. | -特丝 -我问一下波士顿的情况 |
[40:33] | – Thank you. – And let’s get Ben standing by. | -谢谢 -让本准备就绪 |
[40:35] | I don’t see Sloan. Is that Sloan out there? | 没见到斯隆 那人是斯隆吗 |
[40:38] | We’ll go without her. | 不等她了 |
[40:40] | We’re calling it. Get in the studio. | 马上要判了 快回演播室去 |
[40:42] | …go blue, and that takes the president to 262. | …归了蓝 令总统的票数达到262票 |
[40:46] | At that point, he has a lot of different roads to 270. | 此时 他达到270票的途径有很多 |
[40:49] | Colorado, Florida, Ohio and Virginia in that scenario. | 科罗拉多 佛罗里达 俄亥俄 弗吉尼亚 |
[40:52] | Any one of those states would throw the president over the top. | 赢得其中任意一州 就能获胜 |
[40:56] | Getting Mitt Romney to 270 at this point seems very, very difficult. | 此时 米特·罗姆尼达到270票则非常难 |
[41:01] | So the president’s getting closer and closer to that magic number: 270. | 总统正一步步逼近那决定性的数字 270 |
[41:05] | He’s winning in the states he needs to win… | 他在需要赢下的各州 都处于领先 |
[41:07] | – What I have can’t be taught. – Get her in the chair! | -此乃天赋 教不会的 -让她做回椅子上 |
[41:09] | I mean, it really started in the last hour | 在最后的时刻 |
[41:11] | when Florida started to slip away. | 佛罗里达开始渐渐无望 |
[41:13] | We’re hearing from very unhappy Republicans. | 共和党人都很伤心 |
[41:16] | But right now we’re going to Will McAvoy in New York | 现在转向纽约演播室的威尔·麦卡沃伊 |
[41:19] | who’s got a new projection. Will. | 他又有预测可报 威尔 |
[41:24] | It’s 11:14 in the East and ACN is able to project | 现在是东部时间11点14分 ACN可以预测 |
[41:28] | that Barack Obama will be living in government housing | 巴拉克·奥巴马将继续住在政府官邸 |
[41:31] | for the next four years. | 又是四年 |
[41:32] | President Obama has been reelected president of the United States, | 奥巴马总统已成功连任为美利坚总统 |
[41:36] | Ohio having just put him over the top. | 俄亥俄的胜利 令他赢得选举 |
[41:38] | Once again, the ACN decision desk | 特此重申 ACN决策台 |
[41:40] | is calling Ohio and the White House for President Barack Obama. | 判定俄亥俄和白宫都归于巴拉克·奥巴马总统 |
[41:44] | We’re gonna go live to Suzannah Marquez | 下面连线苏珊娜·马克兹 |
[41:46] | and show you some images from Chicago where the celebration is under way. | 向您展示芝加哥正在欢庆的人们 |
[41:50] | Will, as you can see, | 威尔 如你所见 |
[41:51] | the news has gone through this crowd and the celebration has begun. | 消息已传遍人群 欢庆已然开始 |
[41:55] | 罗姆尼在总统辩论中 为说明自己尊重男女平等 重视提拔女性时 提到他有好几文件夹的女性 时候遭到媒体的广泛嘲笑 | |
[41:55] | How about “Binders full of women”? | 不如谈谈”几文件夹的女性” |
[41:57] | Was the media response to “Binders full of women” in rational proportion? | 媒体对”几文件夹的女性”的反应难道不夸张吗 |
[42:01] | That’s a perfectly good question. | 你问得很好 |
[42:03] | Thanks, I was asking it to you. | 谢谢 我是向你发问的 |
[42:05] | And now he’s losing. | 他开始落后了 |
[42:16] | Why’d you cut your hair? | 你为什么剪头发 |
[42:19] | I wanted a change. | 想换换形象 |
[42:21] | I’m not crazy about it either. | 我也不是很喜欢 |
[42:22] | The stylist kind of talked me into it. | 发型师强烈推荐的 |
[42:24] | – Maybe I’ll get used to it. – There wasn’t a stylist. | -也许久了就适应了 -没有发型师 |
[42:27] | You cut it yourself. | 你自己剪的 |
[42:29] | You cut off your hair and dyed it a different color. | 你剪了自己的头发 然后染了新色 |
[42:31] | Lisa told me. | 利萨说的 |
[42:34] | How would Lisa know? | 利萨怎能知道 |
[42:36] | How did you not tell her what happened in Africa? | 你怎么没告诉她非洲的事 |
[42:38] | – Did you? – No. | -你告诉她了 -没 |
[42:40] | – Don’t. – How did you not tell your best friend? | -别 -你怎么不告诉你最好的朋友 |
[42:42] | – It’s been a year. – And it’s been a year since we were friends. | -都已经一年了 -我们绝交已经一年了 |
[42:44] | He’s losing by 17 votes with 8,000 votes uncounted. | 他现在落后17票 只剩八千票未统计了 |
[42:48] | Why did you cut your hair? | 你为什么剪掉头发 |
[42:52] | He’d never seen blonde hair before. | 他以前从没见过金发 |
[42:54] | While I was reading to him, he was playing with my hair. | 我给他读故事时 他在玩我的头发 |
[42:57] | So I cut my hair. | 所以我剪掉了头发 |
[43:00] | – How’d it work? – It didn’t. | -效果如何 -毫无效果 |
[43:02] | Right. | 对啊 |
[43:05] | I’m trying to find out where the uncounted votes are, but even if… | 我想找出 未统计的票在什么区域 但就算… |
[43:08] | Listen. Listen for a second. | 你听我说 |
[43:10] | You went back into the building. | 你跑回了楼里 |
[43:13] | You went back in there. | 你跑了回去 |
[43:16] | You and Gary. | 你和格雷 |
[43:17] | You pulled him out from under the bed. | 你们把他从床底拽出来 |
[43:19] | – You weren’t going without him. – He was safer under the bed. | -你们不愿丢下他 -他躲在床底更安全 |
[43:21] | Bullshit, Maggie. | 胡扯 玛姬 |
[43:23] | You pulled him out and you carried him on your back to the bus. | 你把他拽出来 背着他上车 |
[43:26] | What was your crime? | 你错在哪了 |
[43:28] | You turned around when you heard Gary fall down. | 你听见格雷摔倒后 转了身而已 |
[43:35] | There’s a difference between being tough and wanting to be. | 坚强和想要变得坚强 是两码事 |
[43:40] | You and Mac are tough. | 你和麦肯都很坚强 |
[43:42] | Don’s tough. I want to be. | 唐很坚强 而我想变得坚强 |
[43:46] | You are. | 你很坚强 |
[43:57] | You know when I first noticed you? | 你知道我第一次注意到你 是什么时候 |
[43:59] | When I ran into the room and got tackled by Mac’s luggage? | 我跑进编辑室 被麦肯的行李绊倒时 |
[44:02] | Did you know… | 你知道吗… |
[44:05] | No. It was funny, but I didn’t notice you until later. | 不 那一幕很好笑 但我后来才注意到你 |
[44:10] | There was a beep. It was an iNews alert. | 你听到一声”哔” 是iNews的预警 |
[44:13] | But it was yellow. | 但只是黄色预警 |
[44:15] | You’ve got a news alert. | 有新闻预警 |
[44:18] | – Nobody was paying attention to it. – It was yellow. | -没有人在意 -只是黄色预警 |
[44:21] | You clicked on it anyway. | 你还是点开看了 |
[44:33] | You couldn’t help yourself. | 你忍不住 |
[44:41] | You ran back into the building. | 你跑回了楼里 |
[44:46] | He’s dead and I’m alive. | 他死了 而我还活着 |
[44:52] | That’s what I’d keep in mind. | 希望你能记住 |
[45:03] | It’s after midnight now and I feel like I can ask a question. | 已经过了午夜 有个问题我觉得可以问了 |
[45:06] | – Sure. – I meant to Will. | -请问 -我想问威尔 |
[45:08] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[45:10] | Who did you vote for today? | 你投给了谁 |
[45:12] | You know I’m not answering that. | 你知道我不会回答的 |
[45:14] | I thought you might | 我以为你会 |
[45:15] | because you revealed your party affiliation on the air last year. | 因为你去年直播时 已表明了你的党派关系 |
[45:18] | I did. I identified myself as a Republican | 是的 我表明我是共和党人 |
[45:20] | because I thought it was fair | 为了公平起见 |
[45:22] | to give to the viewer given the commentary I was delivering. | 在我发表言论前 有必要向观众坦白 |
[45:24] | A commentary that ended with | 那番言论的最后 |
[45:25] | you calling the Tea Party the American Taliban. | 你称茶党为美国塔利班 |
[45:28] | – Yes. – And in the body of the commentary | -是的 -而且那番言论的主体 |
[45:30] | – was a blistering indictment of Republicans. – Exactly the opposite. | -是对共和党人的激烈批判 -恰恰相反 |
[45:33] | It was a blistering indictment of people who aren’t Republicans. | 那是对非共和党人的激烈批判 |
[45:36] | Well, who’s to say who is and who isn’t? | 谁有资格评判 谁是谁不是呢 |
[45:38] | On that night, I did. | 那晚 我评判了 |
[45:39] | I want to remind you you asked me to pursue this area. | 请你记得 是你要求我追问这方面问题的 |
[45:42] | – I understand. – And I’m wondering, with all respect, | -我明白 -无意冒犯 但我在想 |
[45:45] | do you call yourself a Republican | 你自称是共和党人 |
[45:47] | so you can make a claim to credibility when you attack the GOP? | 是否因为 从这角度攻击共和党 更令人可信 |
[45:52] | No, I call myself a Republican ’cause I am one. | 不 我自称是共和党人 因为我是 |
[45:55] | I believe in market solutions | 我相信市场化的解决方案 |
[45:57] | and I believe in common sense realities | 我相信常识性的现实 |
[45:59] | and the necessity to defend ourselves | 也相信有必要保卫自己 |
[46:01] | against a dangerous world and that’s about it. | 抵御危险的世界 就这些了 |
[46:03] | Problem is now I have to be homophobic. | 问题是 我现在必须恐同 |
[46:06] | I have to count the number of times people go to church. | 必须历数他人去教堂的次数 |
[46:09] | I have to deny facts and think scientific research is a long con. | 必须否认事实 必须认为科学研究是骗局 |
[46:13] | I have to think poor people are getting a sweet ride. | 必须认为穷人在白拿好处 |
[46:16] | And I have to have such a stunning inferiority complex | 我必须心怀无比的劣等感 |
[46:19] | that I fear education and intellect | 恐惧教育与智力 |
[46:22] | in the 21st century. | 这是21世纪啊 |
[46:23] | But most of all, the biggest new requirement, | 但主要的是 一条最大的新要求 |
[46:25] | really the only requirement, | 其实也是唯一的要求 |
[46:27] | is that I have to hate Democrats. | 那就是 我必须恨民主党人 |
[46:29] | And I have to hate Chris Christie | 还必须痛恨克里斯·克里斯蒂 |
[46:29] | 新泽西州州长 共和党人 大选前不久 该州遭遇天灾 克里斯蒂陪同奥巴马视察灾区时 两人显得很团结 此举助长了奥巴马的两党合作形象 克里斯蒂因此遭到党内人士的声讨 | |
[46:30] | for not spitting on the president when he got off Air Force One. | 因为总统下飞机时 他没朝总统吐唾沫 |
[46:33] | The two-party system is crucial to the whole operation. | 两党制对国家的运作至关重要 |
[46:39] | And I’m a Republican for the same reasons you are. | 我加入共和党的原因跟你一样 |
[46:43] | So I hope your voice gets louder in the next four years. | 所以我希望 今后四年 你的话语能越来越响 |
[46:46] | Well, I don’t like losing, so count on it. | 我不喜欢输的感觉 所以你不会失望 |
[46:49] | You know, just jumping on top of that idea… | 顺便提一个相关的… |
[46:51] | – I’m sorry, Sloan. – Come on! | -抱歉 斯隆 -啊啊啊 |
[46:53] | We’re gonna go to Jane Barrow in Washington | 现在转向华盛顿演播室的简·巴罗 |
[46:54] | for an update on some West Coast House races. | 她将送上最新的西海岸众议院选情 |
[46:57] | Plenty more coverage coming tonight. Jane? | 今晚还有不少结果要出 简 |
[46:59] | – And clear. – Are you doing it on purpose now? | -切出 -你故意的吧 |
[47:02] | No, it’s just working out unbelievably well. | 不是 实在太巧了而已 |
[47:09] | You ever read Jedediah Purdy, “For Common Things”? | 你有没有读过杰迪戴亚·普尔迪的《共同的东西》 |
[47:12] | No. | 没 |
[47:15] | He talks about cynical times. | 他提到犬儒主义的时代 |
[47:18] | People having terminal irony with a studied refusal to hope or care openly. | 人类的终极讽刺 故意且公开地摒弃希望和关心 |
[47:25] | – Does that sound like us? – No. | -听着像我们吗 -不像 |
[47:28] | No. | 不像 |
[47:29] | Have you asked yourself tonight | 你今晚有没有问过自己 |
[47:31] | why we never reported the Petraeus story? | 为什么我们没有报道彼得雷乌斯 |
[47:34] | – The Petraeus? – Remember? | -彼得雷乌斯 -记得吗 |
[47:36] | David Petraeus is resigning on Thursday. | 戴维·彼得雷乌斯将于周四辞职 |
[47:38] | – We didn’t report it. – That’s funny. I forgot. | -我们没报 -真好笑 我忘了 |
[47:40] | Yeah. It’s because we never made the trade. | 对 因为我们没有交易 |
[47:44] | The decision was that the other story | 决定的理由是 另一则报道 |
[47:47] | had information voters needed, the Petraeus story didn’t. | 含有选民需要的信息 彼得雷乌斯故事没有 |
[47:50] | Not that many voters. | 事关的选民不多 |
[47:51] | It would have affected maybe a few thousand, tops. | 最多也就能影响到几千人 |
[47:54] | In one district, one seat. | 事关一个选区 一个席位而已 |
[47:57] | As opposed to breaking two days early | 另一边 我们能提早两天报道 |
[48:00] | what will be a giant story. | 绝对是巨大新闻 |
[48:02] | Breaking it in front of an Election Night audience. | 在大选之夜的观众面前 插播突发新闻 |
[48:05] | And the decision to decline the trade was made instantly | 众人当即就决定拒绝交易 |
[48:09] | and unanimously. | 且全票通过 |
[48:13] | Don pushed back reflexively, | 唐出自本能地反对 |
[48:15] | but he came around in seven seconds. | 但七秒后 他就想通了 |
[48:17] | Don. | 唐啊 |
[48:23] | We’ve come a long way. | 我们都成长了许多 |
[48:28] | I’m not resigning. | 我不辞职了 |
[48:31] | And neither are you. | 你也是 |
[48:33] | What, are we out of our fucking minds? | 怎么 我们脑子进水了吗 |
[48:37] | Dantana doctored the tape. That’s what happened, Will. | 丹塔纳篡改了录像 这是真相 威尔 |
[48:40] | We know the truth and the mob doesn’t. | 我们了解真相 而无知群众并不了解 |
[48:43] | When did we decide it was an institutional failure? | 我们何时承认这是机制问题 |
[48:46] | We waited 11 months. | 我们等了11个月 |
[48:50] | We know people who would have gone | 要知道换做别人 怕是在第二次 |
[48:52] | after the second red team meeting or even the first. | 甚至第一次红队会议后就报道了 |
[48:55] | You agree with what I’m saying? | 你同意我说的吗 |
[48:57] | I believe, except for the | 我相信 除了我们做错的事情 |
[48:58] | things we did wrong, we did everything right. | 我们做的一切都是对的 |
[49:00] | And I can’t live with Mac taking the blame for– | 我不能忍受麦肯背黑锅 |
[49:04] | We’ll get the audience’s trust back. | 我们要赢回观众的信任 |
[49:06] | Like Leona said, | 如莉安娜所说的 |
[49:07] | we’re gonna overcome the terminal irony | 我们要克服这终极讽刺 |
[49:10] | and the laundry list of embarrassing things in the complaint? | 以及投诉中那一场串丢脸的事情 |
[49:14] | I’ve got to tell you, I’m not embarrassed. | 我告诉你 我一点儿也不觉得丢脸 |
[49:17] | The Zimmerman tape, Jim going to New Hampshire, | 齐默尔曼的录音 吉姆去新罕布什 |
[49:19] | Sloan punching a guy in arbitrage– | 斯隆一拳打上那个做商业套利的家伙 |
[49:22] | I actually like that one. | 我还挺喜欢这个的 |
[49:27] | I can’t tell what you’re thinking. | 我看不出你在想什么 |
[49:31] | Will? | 威尔 |
[49:35] | It’s gotten strange now. | 这可太诡异了 |
[49:37] | Are you able to hear me speaking? | 你能听得到我说话吗 |
[49:42] | She– except for the things she did wrong, | 她 除了她做错的事情 |
[49:44] | she did everything right, too. | 她所做的一切也都是对的 |
[49:46] | – The rest was me. – I’m lost. | -其他的是我的错 -我听不明白 |
[49:48] | Uh, yes. | 没错 |
[49:51] | We’re going to do the things you just said | 听了你刚刚说的原因 |
[49:54] | for the reasons you just gave. | 我们要按你说的去做 |
[49:56] | I missed parts of what you were saying at the end, | 我没听到你最后说的那些话 |
[50:00] | but that’s just gonna have to be– | 但是情况就是 |
[50:03] | I’ll be right back. Yes! | 我很快就回来 没错 |
[50:05] | Way to go. | 就该这样 |
[50:09] | Yeah, no, I’m definitely resigning. | 算了 我还是辞职吧 |
[50:30] | Does anyone know where MacKenzie is? | 谁知道麦肯兹在哪儿 |
[50:31] | – I think she’s in the hair and makeup room. – She’s not. | -我想她在化妆间 -她不在 |
[50:33] | Did you look in her office? | 你去她办公室看了吗 |
[50:34] | So, no, no one knows where she is? | 也不在 没人知道她在哪儿吗 |
[50:36] | We’re back in seven minutes, so she’s gonna turn up. | 七分钟后直播 她会出现的 |
[50:42] | – Have you seen Mac? – I haven’t. | -你看到麦肯了吗 -没有 |
[50:43] | But I have facts about the Great Lakes region. | 但我有一条关于五大湖地区的消息 |
[50:45] | Right this moment is the least | 现在这节骨眼儿上 |
[50:46] | I’ve ever cared about the Great Lakes region. | 我一点儿也不关心五大湖地区 |
[50:47] | Has anyone seen Mac? | 有人看麦肯吗 |
[50:50] | I’m right here. | 我在这儿啊 |
[50:53] | Okay. I didn’t– | 好 我没有 |
[51:03] | – Could you come here away from the cameras? – Yeah. | -你能过来这边 远离摄像头吗 -好 |
[51:08] | There’s– okay, okay– | 有个 好了好了 |
[51:10] | – There’s a story. – What? | -有个故事 -什么 |
[51:12] | There’s a story about a little kid who keeps shredding paper | 有个小孩老是不停地撕纸 |
[51:14] | and his parents take him to all | 他的父母带他看遍医生 |
[51:16] | kinds of doctors to get him to stop shredding paper. | 让他别再撕纸 |
[51:18] | And finally they take him | 最后他们带他去看 |
[51:18] | to the most expensive doctor in the world | 世界上最昂贵的医生 |
[51:20] | who turns to the kid and he says, | 他转身对小孩说 |
[51:21] | “Kid, if you stop shredding paper, | “孩子 只要你不再撕纸 |
[51:22] | your parents will stop dragging you to doctors.” | 你父母就不会再拖着你看医生了” |
[51:24] | And the kid turns to his parents and says, | 孩子转身问父母 |
[51:27] | “Why didn’t you just say so?” | “你们为什么不早说” |
[51:31] | – Well, all right, then. – The point of the story | -那好吧 -这个故事的意义在于 |
[51:33] | is that the kid could make himself happy by just stopping. | 孩子只要学会住手 就能获得快乐 |
[51:37] | I think that’s the point. I don’t know. | 我想这就是故事的意义 我不知道 |
[51:39] | I’ve been trying to figure it out. | 我一直在试图搞清楚 |
[51:42] | But I didn’t return it. | 但我没有退回去 |
[51:45] | Because I’m in love with you. | 因为我爱上你了 |
[51:47] | – What did you say? – And because of– will you marry me? | -你说什么 -因为…你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[51:49] | – Wait. – I said will you marry me? | -等等 -我说 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[51:50] | And before that, I said I’m in love with you. | 前面一句话是 我爱上你了 |
[51:52] | That’s– that’s– that’s what I’m getting at. | 那就是 那是 那就是我想说的 |
[51:54] | I feel like I can do this so much better if I can have a second. | 我想要是再给我点时间 我会做得更好 |
[51:56] | What in the fuck is happening right now? | 这他妈到底是什么情况 |
[51:58] | If– if I– I don’t ever want to not be– no. | 要是 要是我 我不想 不对 |
[52:02] | I love you. I’m gonna go back to that. And will you marry me? | 我爱你 我要再来一次 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[52:04] | And let me just say I really think you should. | 容我再还说一句 你真的应该 |
[52:06] | I think you should say yes. | 你真的应该答应 |
[52:08] | But no matter what you say, | 但无论你说什么 |
[52:10] | there’s no chance I am ever gonna hurt you again. | 我绝对不会再伤害你了 |
[52:13] | And no matter what you say, | 无论你说什么 |
[52:14] | I’m gonna be in love with you for the rest of my life. | 我会用我的余生好好爱你 |
[52:16] | There’s no way out of that. | 除此之外 再无他法 |
[52:17] | That’s just a physical law of the universe. | 这是宇宙的自然法则 |
[52:19] | – You own me. No matter what you say… – Yes. | -你拥有我 无论你说什么 -愿意 |
[52:21] | – …I will never stop– – Yes. I’m saying yes. | -我不会停止 -愿意 我说我愿意 |
[52:28] | You’re saying yes? | 你是说你愿意吗 |
[52:32] | Yes. | 愿意 |
[52:37] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[52:53] | Took you long enough. | 你动作可真够慢的 |
[52:54] | Seriously? That’s what your– | 真的吗 这就是你的 |
[52:57] | Shut it. | 闭嘴 |
[53:09] | So your mother was a Rockette? | 你母亲是大腿舞女郎 |
[53:11] | That’s right. And her mother, too. | 没错 她的母亲也是 |
[53:13] | – Third generation Rockette? – Yes. | -第三代大腿舞女郎 -对 |
[53:15] | How great is that? | 真了不起 |
[53:16] | – And if you were to have a daughter… – Crazy lady. | -如果你生了个女儿 -疯婆娘 |
[53:18] | …which would be my granddaughter, | 也就是我的孙女 |
[53:20] | would it be important to you that she also be a Rockette? | 她是否成为大腿舞女郎 对你来说重要吗 |
[53:22] | – I don’t think important, but if she– – Okay, good. | -我倒不觉得重要 但要是 -那就好 |
[53:24] | – Charlie. – ‘Cause over here you have a Harvard MBA. | -查理 -因为这里是一位哈佛工商管理学硕士 |
[53:26] | Over here you have a line of synchronized nutcrackers. | 另一边是一排 动作整齐的大腿舞演员 |
[53:30] | – Charlie. – Reese. | -查理 -里斯 |
[53:32] | Leona. Rebecca. | 莉安娜 丽贝卡 |
[53:35] | – I’m sorry, I don’t know who– – Jackie. I’m here with Reese. | -抱歉 我不知道这是 -杰姬 我跟里斯一起来的 |
[53:38] | Third generation Rockette. That’s how we roll. | 第三代大腿舞女郎 我们就是这么牛叉 |
[53:40] | I’ve studied the findings of the report | 我研究了报道里的发现 |
[53:43] | and I’ve consulted with counsel | 也咨询了律师 |
[53:44] | and I’ve reached the conclusion that the news division | 最后我得出了结论 新闻组处理热那亚的方式 |
[53:47] | handled Genoa as well as I’d want it handled. | 跟我理想的一样 |
[53:50] | Furthermore, this company will give Dantana money | 而且 想要我公司给丹塔纳钱 |
[53:52] | when a federal judge orders us to do so. | 除非联邦法官命令我们给 |
[53:55] | And furthermore after that, I don’t take my instructions from a petition. | 再而且 我从不理会什么请愿书 |
[54:00] | If you read Jedediah Purdy’s excellent book “For Common Things”– | 如果你读过杰迪戴亚·普尔迪《共同的东西》 |
[54:02] | What, did you e-mail everybody excerpts? | 怎么 你给所有人都发了摘录 |
[54:04] | – Yep. – I’m not accepting your resignations. | -对 -我不接受你们的辞职 |
[54:07] | We’re not resigning. | 我们不辞职了 |
[54:09] | That’s fine, but I’m surprising you by taking the high road | 很好 但我要以高尚的决定 给你们惊喜 |
[54:13] | and I’m not accepting your resignations. | 不接受你们的辞职 |
[54:14] | We’re not offering them. | 我们不打算辞职 |
[54:15] | This isn’t about the bottom line. | 这不是原则问题 |
[54:16] | This is a bad business decision, but it’s a good decision. | 这是糟糕的商业决定 却是个好决定 |
[54:18] | – I’m doing the right thing. – There’s no right thing to do. | -我在做正确的决定 -没有正确的决定给你做 |
[54:20] | I’ve already made the decision that we’re staying. | 我已经决定 我们要留下来 |
[54:22] | The wrong thing to do would be to accept your resignation. | 错误的决定 就是接受你们的辞职 |
[54:24] | That’s not an option, ’cause we’re not offering them. | 已不存在这选项 因为我们不辞职 |
[54:26] | You two about done? | 你们俩闹完了吗 |
[54:28] | History should reflect that I acted admirably. | 让历史记下一笔 我的表现令人钦佩 |
[54:30] | There’s really no way of knowing that. | 那就不得而知了 |
[54:32] | Is it possible the greater glory belongs to me? | 有没有可能 至高荣誉归功于我 |
[54:34] | You’re all idiots. Not you, you’re sweet. | 你们都是蠢货 除了你 你很讨喜 |
[54:37] | Everyone, just listen up for just a second. | 各位 请听我说一会儿 |
[54:40] | This’ll just take a second. | 只要一会儿 |
[54:42] | First of all, no one’s resigning. | 首先 谁都不许辞职 |
[54:44] | And the only reason you need is ’cause I said so. | 原因就是 我说了算 |
[54:45] | Also I think we’re just starting to get the hang of this. | 而且我认为 我们才刚刚学到点窍门 |
[54:48] | More importantly, I would like to introduce | 更重要的是 我要向各位介绍 |
[54:50] | the future Mrs. MacKenzie Morgan McHale McAv– | 未来的麦肯兹·摩根·麦克黑尔·麦卡沃伊太太 |
[54:55] | that’s not gonna work. | 太绕口了 |
[55:00] | What?! | 什么 |
[55:03] | – I’ll be damned! – I know. | -这是真的吗 -我知道 |
[55:05] | I know. I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[55:16] | *When people keep repeating* | *当人们不断重复* |
[55:20] | *That you’ll never fall into love* | *你不会再恋爱的话语* |
[55:24] | *When everybody keeps retreating* | *当所有人都退缩* |
[55:28] | *But you can’t seem to get enough* | *你却还不感到满足* |
[55:31] | *Let my love open the door* | *用我的爱打开那扇门* |
[55:34] | – Wake him up. – Cynthia’s office should draft a statement. | -叫醒他 -辛西娅的办公室应该起草一份声明 |
[55:37] | Let’s start identifying who our friends are. | 咱们得开始认认谁是我们的朋友了 |
[55:39] | That shouldn’t take long. | 应该不用很久 |
[55:40] | *Let my love open the door* | *用我的爱打开那扇门* |
[55:42] | *To your heart* | *通往你的心* |
[55:46] | *To your heart | *通往你的心* |
[55:50] | *When everything feels all over* | *当一切都将结束* |
[55:54] | *And everybody seems unkind* | *人们并不友善* |
[55:58] | *I’ll give you four-leaf clover* | *我会给你一片幸运草* |
[56:01] | *Take all the worries out of your mind* | *将一切烦恼赶出脑外* |
[56:06] | *Let my love open the door* | *用我的爱打开那扇门* |
[56:08] | 辩论:他们有多重要 辩论专家加入 | |
[56:10] | What did you do? | 你干什么了 |
[56:12] | I wrote it myself. | 我自己写的 |
[56:13] | A gift from new media. | 来自新媒体的礼物 |
[56:16] | Thanks for that Romney interview. | 谢谢那次罗姆尼的专访 |
[56:20] | *To your heart (Let my love open the door)* | *通往你的心(用我的爱打开那扇门)* |
[56:24] | *Let my love open the door* | *用我的爱打开那扇门* |
[56:27] | *To your heart (Let my love open the door)* | *通往你的心(用我的爱打开那扇门)* |
[56:33] | *I have the only key to your heart* | *我手握唯一一把能开启你心房的钥匙* |
[56:37] | *I can stop you falling apart* | *我不会再让你崩溃* |
[56:40] | *Release yourself from misery* | *从悲痛中释放自己* |
[56:44] | *Only one thing’s gonna set you free | *只有一物能使你自由* |
[56:47] | *That’s my love (Let my love open the door)* | *那就是我的爱(用我的爱打开那扇门)* |
[56:51] | *Let my love open the door* | *用我的爱打开那扇门* |
[56:54] | *That’s my love (Let my love open the door)* | *那就是我的爱(用我的爱打开那扇门)* |
[56:59] | *Let my love open the door* | *用我的爱打开那扇门* |
[57:04] | *When tragedy befalls you* | *当悲剧降临在你身上* |
[57:07] | *Don’t let ’em bring you down* | *别被他们击垮* |
[57:11] | *Love can cure your problems* | *爱能治愈你的问题* |
[57:15] | *You’re lucky I’m around* | *你是如此幸运有我在身旁* |
[57:18] | *Let my love open the door* | *用我的爱打开那扇门* |
[57:22] | *Let my love open the door* | *用我的爱打开那扇门* |
[57:25] | *Let my love open the door* | *用我的爱打开那扇门* |
[57:29] | *To your heart (Let my love open the door)* | *通往你的心(用我的爱打开那扇门)* |
[57:32] | *To your heart (Let my love open the door)* | *通往你的心(用我的爱打开那扇门)* |
[57:36] | *My love (Let my love open the door)* | *我的爱(用我的爱打开那扇门)* |
[57:40] | *Only my love (Let my love open the door)* | *唯有我的爱(用我的爱打开那扇门)* |
[57:44] | *The door to your heart (Let my love open the door)* | *通往你内心的门(用我的爱打开那扇门)* |
[57:48] | *Oh, it’s my love (Let my love open the door)* | *那就是我的爱(用我的爱打开那扇门)* |
[57:51] | *It’s my love (Let my love open the door)* | *那就是我的爱(用我的爱打开那扇门)* |
[57:55] | *It’s my love (Let my love open the door)* | *那就是我的爱(用我的爱打开那扇门)* |
[58:00] | *Let my love open the door* | *用我的爱打开那扇门* |
[58:03] | *I’m gonna, I’m gonna get you* | *我会 我会找到你* |
[58:08] | *Let my love open the door* | *用我的爱打开那扇门* |
[58:11] | *Let my love open the door* | *用我的爱打开那扇门* |