英文名称:Frozen in Love
年代:2018
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | ♪ So many hours spent ♪ | ♪ 大把时间消磨 ♪ |
[00:08] | ♪ Looking for answers ♪ | ♪ 寻找答案 ♪ |
[00:10] | ♪ Turning the pages ♪ | ♪ 打开一本本书 ♪ |
[00:12] | ♪ Through all your chapters ♪ | ♪ 穿梭在章节之间 ♪ |
[00:14] | ♪ Hoping to find your place. ♪ | ♪ 找到你的归属 ♪ |
[00:19] | ♪ Somewhere so right ♪ | ♪ 真理之地 ♪ |
[00:21] | ♪ Someone to love you ♪ | ♪ 有人爱你 ♪ |
[00:24] | ♪ Somewhere to run ♪ | ♪ 奔向远方 ♪ |
[00:26] | ♪ You can escape to ♪ | ♪ 逃离这里 ♪ |
[00:28] | ♪ And know that you are safe ♪ | ♪ 知晓自己安稳无忧 ♪ |
[00:32] | ♪ Yeah, you have found your place ♪ | ♪ 你找到了自己的归属之地 ♪ |
[00:37] | ♪ Right here ♪ | ♪ 就在这里 ♪ |
[00:41] | ♪ A place where you know ♪ | ♪ 在这里你感受到 ♪ |
[00:44] | ♪ You’re always home ♪ | ♪ 宾至如归 ♪ |
[00:46] | ♪ Right here ♪ | ♪ 就在这里 ♪ |
[00:50] | ♪ No matter where you go… ♪ | ♪ 不管身处何方 ♪ |
[00:59] | Oh, hey Sandy, how’s Tom? | 嘿 桑迪 汤姆还好吗 |
[01:00] | Hi Mary. | 嗨 玛莉 |
[01:01] | Oh, he’s great, thanks. | 他很好 谢谢 |
[01:03] | Are you thinking of a trip to Bali? | 你想去巴厘岛旅游吗 |
[01:05] | Dreaming about it, maybe. | 想过 |
[01:06] | Well, go in the Spring before the high season starts. | 在旺季开始前去 春天去吧 |
[01:08] | It’s less crowded and the weather is gorgeous. | 春天去的话人不多 天气也好 |
[01:12] | Have you been? | 你去过吗 |
[01:13] | No, but I have read that book from cover to cover | 没有 我就说看过许多书里的介绍 |
[01:15] | so it’s almost like I’ve been there. | 就好像我曾经的去过一样 |
[01:17] | And while you’re in the area, you know… | 你懂的 当你在那一片 |
[01:20] | Australia is not that far away and it’s absolutely beautiful. | 澳大利亚离这不远 也很美 |
[01:23] | Be a shame to miss it. | 千万别错过哦 |
[01:25] | You’ve been to Australia? | 你去过澳大利亚 |
[01:26] | No. | 没有 |
[01:27] | Another great book. | 又是从另一本书上看到的 |
[01:29] | Ok, well, good to know. | 原来如此 |
[01:31] | Let me know if you need anything. | 需要什么就叫我 |
[01:33] | Ok. Will do. | 好 我不会客气的 |
[01:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:43] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[01:44] | I just poured that for myself. | 那是我刚刚给自己冲的咖啡 |
[01:45] | Mary, don’t you remember anything | 你不记得爸爸妈妈说过 |
[01:46] | mom and dad taught us about sharing? | 人要学会分享吗 |
[01:49] | Wait a second, | 等一下 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1236个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:194个,六级词汇:105个,GRE词汇:94个,托福词汇:155个,考研词汇:222个,专四词汇:172个,专八词汇:25个, 所有生词标注共:357个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[01:51] | weren’t you supposed to have study group today? | 你今天不是有学习讨论组吗 |
[01:52] | I did. | 去过啦 |
[01:53] | We quizzed each other while we were shooting hoops. | 我们在投篮时互相提问 |
[01:55] | Hoops? | 投啥 |
[01:56] | Basketball. | 就是打篮球 |
[01:58] | Tyler, I love that you’re going to business school, I do. | 泰勒 我高兴你去商学院学习 |
[02:00] | But you need to take it seriously. | 但是你一定要好好学习啊 |
[02:01] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:02] | I am. | 我很认真 |
[02:04] | Ok, well dribbling hoops doesn’t sound like you’re- | 好吧 运球听起来不像你是 |
[02:05] | Dribbling hoops? | 运球 |
[02:06] | Wow, you really are a sports nut, aren’t you? | 你原来是一个运动狂热粉啊 |
[02:09] | Did you check the year-end reports? | 你看过年终报道了吗 |
[02:10] | I did. | 看了 |
[02:11] | They are not bad. | 还行 |
[02:13] | Not bad… | 还行 |
[02:15] | Mary, the first thing they teach us in business school | 玛莉 商学院教会我们的第一件事 |
[02:17] | is numbers in red are not good. | 就是红色的数字并不是什么好事 |
[02:19] | It’s a slow time. It’ll pick up. | 红色一个缓慢的时间 它会回升 |
[02:23] | Talk to mom and dad? | 告诉爸爸妈妈了吗 |
[02:24] | No. | 没有 |
[02:26] | And you’re not going to, either, because the store is ours, | 你也别和他们说 因为店是我们的 |
[02:28] | they’re retired, and this red stuff? | 他们也退休了 而且我们现在 |
[02:30] | It’s our problem now. | 还要应付这些红色的数字 |
[02:31] | Well then we really need to talk about updating the store. | 我们真的要讨论一下店面升级了 |
[02:32] | We have a website. | 我们有网站 |
[02:34] | We have a Facebook page. | 我们有脸书 |
[02:35] | So we’re competitive with 10 years ago. | 谁没有似的 我们是在跟原始人竞争吗 |
[02:37] | Tyler, On the Same Page has been here for almost 40 years | 泰勒 此页书店已经开店40年了 |
[02:41] | because we’re traditional. | 因为我们很传统 |
[02:44] | This is a place where people can come in and pick up a book | 在这里人们可以进来选一本书 |
[02:46] | and have a conversation about it with another human being. | 或者和其他人聊会天 |
[02:49] | If there was another human being here, that is. | 睁开你大眼睛看看哪来的其他人 |
[02:51] | Look, this is a book store. | 听着 这是家书店 |
[02:53] | It’s not a web arcade digital virtual cyber hacking zone. | 不是什么网络什么虚拟什么黑客聊天室 |
[02:58] | You have no idea what you’re saying, do you? | 你根本不知道自己在说啥吧 |
[03:00] | No, I-I don’t. | 对 我是不知道 |
[03:01] | The point is we haven’t survived for almost 40 years | 重点是我们从来没有坚持做 |
[03:05] | by trying to be something that we’re not. | 一样我们没有尝试过的东西坚持四十年 |
[03:07] | We’ve done it by being who we are. | 我们一直保持初心 |
[03:09] | Then why are you meeting with Janet Dunleavy? | 那你为什么要见珍妮特·邓利维 |
[03:11] | Because we went to college together. | 因为我们一起上大学 |
[03:13] | And she runs a big PR firm. | 而且她现在经营一家大型公关公司 |
[03:14] | Alright, fine. | 好吧 |
[03:15] | She offered to help out with the 40th anniversary party. | 她主动提出帮忙办40周年聚会 |
[03:17] | Wow. She must be a really big deal if you’re going | 哇 如果你要大老远去市中心见她 |
[03:19] | all the way downtown. | 那她一定是个大人物 |
[03:20] | I mean, that is a big adventure for you. | 对你来说肯定是不小的历练吧 |
[03:22] | Is this the part where you’re taking things more seriously? | 干嘛在这种事情上较真 |
[03:26] | Oh man, he did it again. | 他又这样了 |
[03:29] | Who did what? | 谁怎么了 |
[03:30] | Adam Clayborn. | 亚当·克雷波恩 |
[03:31] | Who? | 谁 |
[03:32] | The Denver Royals hockey player. | 丹佛皇家曲棍球运动员 |
[03:33] | He got into it with a ref last night and got booted | 他昨晚吃了张红牌 |
[03:36] | from the game. | 被裁判罚下场了 |
[03:37] | Hockey. That’s the one where you throw the old pig skin | 曲棍球 就是一群人把旧猪皮 |
[03:39] | down the field, yes? | 在场地里扔来扔去的那个 对吧 |
[03:41] | Sometimes I can’t tell if you’re joking. | 有时候我都分不清你是不是在开玩笑 |
[03:43] | I just don’t care about some guy in cleats getting kicked | 我只是不关心穿球鞋的人 |
[03:45] | out of the game. | 被踢出局 |
[03:46] | Skates. Hockey is played on skates. | 是溜冰鞋 冰球是在溜冰鞋上玩的 |
[03:48] | I know what hockey is. | 我知道曲棍球是什么 |
[03:49] | Do you? | 你知道吗 |
[03:51] | Go away. | 滚 |
[03:53] | Hmm. | 哼 |
[04:05] | Uncle Adam! | 亚当叔叔 |
[04:09] | Good morning, Graham. | 早上好 格拉翰 |
[04:11] | Can we play monster? | 我们能玩扮怪兽游戏吗 |
[04:14] | Yeah, sure. Yeah. | 当然 |
[04:28] | Ok, little guy, let’s get you dressed | 小家伙 穿衣服啦 |
[04:30] | so Uncle Adam can get some sleep. | 让叔叔睡一会 |
[04:32] | No. | 不要 |
[04:33] | You know we do have a guest room. | 你知道我们有客房的 |
[04:35] | What can I say? I like sofas. | 怎么说呢 我喜欢睡沙发 |
[04:36] | Sure you do. | 行吧 |
[04:42] | It’s a little early for monster, isn’t it? | 现在玩怪兽游戏有点太早了吧 |
[04:44] | It’s never too early for games that amuse | 逗逗四岁小孩玩玩游戏 |
[04:45] | four-year-olds. | 有什么早不早的 |
[04:47] | Or the grown-ups who act like them. | 你也跟小孩似的 |
[04:48] | It is too early for a lecture, though. | 不过现在给我上课才是真的太早了吧 |
[04:50] | Maybe you should have slept | 或许你应该睡在你自己家里 |
[04:51] | at your place instead of on my couch | 而不是在我家的沙发上 |
[04:52] | Press was camped out at my place downtown… | 记者都在我市中心的家附近安营扎寨了 |
[04:54] | I wasn’t in the mood. | 我没心情 |
[04:55] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[04:56] | Erica keeps calling your phone | 艾丽卡一直打电话找你 |
[04:58] | and when you don’t pick up she calls mine. | 你不接她就打我的 |
[04:59] | Over and over and over again. | 没完没了地打 |
[05:01] | Did you tell her I was here? | 你跟她说我在这儿了吗 |
[05:02] | No, but I’m pretty sure she knows. | 没说 但我觉得她肯定知道 |
[05:03] | She’s got powers or something. | 她像是有超能力什么的 |
[05:05] | Chuck, she’s the president of a hockey team. | 查克 她就是个曲棍球队的主席 |
[05:07] | She’s not a wizard. | 又不是女巫 |
[05:08] | She’s also really mad at you. | 她真的生你气了 |
[05:10] | Erica is always mad at me. | 她一直生我的气 |
[05:12] | Yeah, ’cause you keep causing trouble | 因为你一直惹麻烦 |
[05:13] | and costing us games. | 让我们输 |
[05:15] | No, it’s because we dated years ago | 不 都是因为我们几年前曾在一起过 |
[05:17] | and she still hasn’t gotten over the fact | 后来我们分手了 |
[05:18] | that I broke up with her. | 她还是耿耿于怀 |
[05:20] | Yeah, I’m pretty sure it’s the losing the game part. | 是的 我很确定这就是输掉比赛的原因 |
[05:22] | Adam, you’ve been ejected form three games this season. | 亚当 这个赛季你已经被踢出了三场比赛 |
[05:27] | What happened to you? | 发生了什么 |
[05:29] | When we were on the team in Texas we were the wild ones. | 我们当时在德克萨斯的时候不是可牛了吗 |
[05:32] | Well, I got traded to Denver, I met Sarah, | 我后来去了丹佛 认识了萨拉 |
[05:34] | got married and had a kid. | 和她结婚还生了个小孩 |
[05:35] | I grew up. | 我成熟了 |
[05:37] | Maybe you should try it. | 或许你也应该试试 |
[05:38] | What? | 有什么好试的 |
[05:40] | And lose my child-like sense of wonder? | 失去了孩子般的好奇心 |
[05:42] | It’s so quiet out here in the suburbs. | 郊区太安静了 |
[05:44] | Why don’t you move back downtown? | 那你为什么不搬回市区 |
[05:46] | Because I am happy. | 因为我住的很开心 |
[05:47] | Again, maybe you should try it. | 真的 推荐你试试看 |
[05:50] | Look, I’m the one who had to convince Erica | 听着 是我说服了艾丽卡 |
[05:52] | to bring you here | 带你到这 |
[05:53] | because I promised her that you have changed. | 因为我向她保证过你已经改变了 |
[05:55] | This is why you got kicked off the Texas team, | 这就是你被德州队开除的原因 |
[05:57] | Seattle and New Jersey- | 还有被西雅图和新泽西开除 |
[05:59] | New Jersey was not my fault. | 新泽西那个不是我的错 |
[06:00] | The guy on the other team started it. | 是另一队的人挑事的 |
[06:02] | Well, according to you, it’s always the other guy. | 照你这么说 永远都是别人的错 |
[06:04] | If Erica cuts you from the team- | 如果艾丽卡把你从队里除名 |
[06:06] | Erica’s not gonna cut me. | 艾丽卡不会的 |
[06:08] | Ok, answer the phone then. | 行啊 那就接电话 |
[06:12] | I will. | 接就接 |
[06:13] | After I get some air. | 等我透透气 |
[06:15] | And a coffee. | 喝杯咖啡 |
[06:17] | Right. | 行 |
[06:45] | Bookstore coffee. | 书店咖啡 |
[06:57] | Can I help you, sir? | 先生 需要什么 |
[06:58] | Coffee, black. | 黑咖啡 |
[06:59] | Oh, we don’t have coffee. | 我们不卖咖啡 |
[07:02] | Oh, well that’s mine. | 这杯是我自己的 |
[07:05] | I’ll take whatever you’ve got. | 你有什么我就买什么 |
[07:06] | Except none of that weird flavoured stuff. | 别加奇怪的调味料就行 |
[07:08] | If I wanted hazelnuts in my coffee | 我要是想在咖啡里加榛子 |
[07:09] | I’d go to wherever hazelnuts are from. | 我会自己去树上摘 |
[07:12] | Oh, well now that is interesting. | 有点意思 |
[07:13] | You know, they originally thought that they were | 听说 榛子最初被认为是来自大马士革 |
[07:15] | from Damascus but now evidence points to Scotland | 但现在有证据表明他们可能来自 |
[07:18] | almost 9,000 years ago. | 9000年前的苏格兰 |
[07:20] | Can I just get my coffee? | 我就是想要杯咖啡 |
[07:22] | Uh, we don’t have coffee. | 我们这里没有咖啡 |
[07:25] | Ok, I get it. | 了解 |
[07:27] | I gotta buy a book first in order to get a cup of coffee? | 我要先买本书才能喝到咖啡吗 |
[07:28] | No, you have to buy a book because it’s a bookstore. | 不 你不用买书 因为这里是书店 |
[07:31] | Look, fine. | 行吧 |
[07:33] | Here. | 给 |
[07:35] | Quilting. | 织花啊 |
[07:36] | You got a problem with that? | 有意见吗 |
[07:37] | Nope. | 没有 |
[07:38] | That’ll be $19.95. | 总共19.95美元 |
[07:50] | Now can I get my coffee? | 现在可以卖我咖啡了吧 |
[07:52] | We don’t have coffee. | 我们没有咖啡 |
[07:54] | This is a bookstore. | 这是个书店 |
[07:55] | All bookstores have coffee. | 哪来书店不卖咖啡的道理 |
[07:56] | No they don’t. This one doesn’t. | 还真有 我们这就不提供 |
[07:57] | Then why did I just buy that book? | 那我买那本书干啥呢 |
[07:58] | Because you need a hobby? | 你可能需要有个爱好吧 |
[07:59] | I need a coffee. | 我需要的是一杯咖啡 |
[08:00] | And we’re right back where we started. | 我们又回到了原来的话题 |
[08:03] | I want my money back. | 那把钱退给我 |
[08:04] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[08:07] | You don’t accept returns? | 你不接受退货吗 |
[08:09] | People read books and then they bring them back | 好多人看完书后把书带回来 |
[08:11] | expecting a refund. | 盼着我退款给他们呢 |
[08:12] | But I just bought that 30 seconds ago. | 但我刚在30秒前买的 |
[08:14] | Store policy, no exceptions. | 店铺规定 概不例外 |
[08:16] | Look, I-just… | 听着 等一下 |
[08:21] | Great. | 很好 |
[08:22] | You know what? | 我跟你说 |
[08:24] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[08:25] | I’ll go find a real bookstore somewhere. | 我还是去一家正经书店好了 |
[08:29] | Sir? | 先生 |
[08:31] | Aren’t you forgetting something? | 你是不是忘东西了 |
[08:43] | Arrogant. | 自大鬼 |
[08:46] | Uptight. | 烦人精 |
[08:50] | You know what? | 气死我了 |
[09:03] | 加入 “此页书店” 读书交流会 每周四晚七点 | |
[09:05] | Ok, so I think we know everyone here | 虽然我们都认识了 |
[09:08] | but for the record I’m Tyler, | 但还是要走一下过程 我是泰勒 |
[09:09] | this is my sister Mary, | 这是我的姐姐玛莉 |
[09:10] | and we’re here for book chat. | 我们在这里举行读书交流会 |
[09:12] | Mary, what’re we chatting about today? | 玛莉 我们今天聊什么 |
[09:15] | The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. | 菲茨杰拉德的《了不起的盖茨比》 |
[09:17] | One of my favourite books. | 我最喜欢的书之一 |
[09:19] | You say that every week. | 你每周都这么说 |
[09:22] | How am I supposed to choose? | 我都不知道该选哪一本书 |
[09:23] | There are too many good books. | 好书太多了 |
[09:25] | I mean, the whole world is here. | 书里都是颜如玉和黄金屋啊 |
[09:29] | Well, why don’t we get started? | 好 那我们开始吧 |
[09:31] | Now, | 我先说 |
[09:31] | when I first read The Great Gatsby | 我第一次读《了不起的盖茨比》时 |
[09:33] | I was struck by Fitzgerald’s colour imagery. | 我被菲茨杰拉德的色彩意象深深打动 |
[09:35] | He basically talks right about how he looks, | 他总能用确切的颜色 |
[09:38] | specifically colours that he uses, I mean… | 来描述他所看到的景象 |
[09:41] | we can just go right from there. | 通过他的描述 我们如同身临其境一般 |
[10:18] | I cannot thank you enough for agreeing to help me out. | 非常感谢你答应帮我 |
[10:20] | Stop. | 别这样说 |
[10:21] | You helped me through my finals in college | 你帮我通过了大学的期末考试 |
[10:22] | so I owe you a lot more than some free PR advice. | 这可不是一些公关建议就能够报答得了的 |
[10:27] | Paris. | 巴黎 |
[10:28] | I’ve always wanted to go. | 我一直都想去 |
[10:30] | You were always talking about the places that you read about | 你以前总是谈论书上所描述的地方 |
[10:33] | you were gonna go and visit. | 说打算去参观这些地方 |
[10:34] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[10:35] | What’ve you knocked off your list? | 那你都去过了哪些地方了呢 |
[10:37] | Uh, well, you know, I uh. | 呃 我 |
[10:38] | I did go a few places after college | 大学毕业后我确实去了一些地方 |
[10:41] | but then I just got so busy helping out my folks | 但后来忙着帮家里 |
[10:43] | with the store and everything. | 打理书店的生意 |
[10:47] | And now you run it. | 现在你接管它了 |
[10:49] | That’s great. | 这很好啊 |
[10:50] | Well, it’s not much, but… | 也不是很好 但 |
[10:52] | But that’s why you came to me. | 但这就是你来找我的原因 |
[10:54] | So let’s talk ideas. | 现在我们来说一下解决方法 |
[10:56] | I had my staff do some research | 我让我的员工做了一些调查 |
[10:57] | and where I would love to start is getting | 然后我的出发点就是 |
[10:59] | On the Same Page more integrated into the community. | 让此页书店更多地融入到社区中 |
[11:03] | Uh, well, we’ve been there almost 40 years | 我们书店开了快40年了 |
[11:05] | so we’re kind of a fixture. | 也算是社区中不可或缺的一部分了 |
[11:07] | Sure. | 当然 |
[11:08] | But these days it’s a lot more than longevity. | 但今后 它不仅仅是一直开下去就行 |
[11:10] | You need to connect with people. | 你需要和大家联络感情 |
[11:12] | How? | 怎么联络 |
[11:13] | Well, your neighbourhood has a kid’s hockey league, | 你社区不是有一个儿童冰球联盟吗 |
[11:15] | you could sponsor a team, | 你可以赞助一个球队 |
[11:17] | or we could do more advertising at nearby businesses. | 或者可以在附近的商业区多做一下广告 |
[11:19] | Oh, and the 40th anniversary, | 还有 鉴于40周年纪念 |
[11:20] | you need to do a big party for that. | 你可以举办一个大派对 |
[11:23] | Maybe a winter festival kind of thing. | 像冬日庆典之类活动 |
[11:25] | Get the whole neighbourhood to come out and celebrate. | 叫上全社区的人过来庆祝 |
[11:29] | Um… all of these things take money. | 但所有这些都需要用钱 |
[11:34] | You know the old saying, | 有句老话说 |
[11:35] | “you need to spend money to make money”. | 钱能生钱 |
[11:37] | But you have to have the money to spend the money to… | 但前提是你得有钱才能生 |
[11:40] | I- what I’m trying to say is | 我想说的是 |
[11:42] | we would love to do things like this but… | 我们很想做这些但是 |
[11:46] | Things are that tight, huh? | 手头很紧 对吧 |
[11:47] | It’s a slow time but it’s gonna pick up. | 书店生意虽然很惨淡 但会好起来的 |
[11:49] | Mary, no one comes to see me when things are going great. | 玛莉 没人会在事情顺利时来找我的 |
[11:54] | They come to see me when things are… broken. | 只有事情不顺时他们才来找我 |
[11:58] | I’m a fixer. | 我就是收拾烂摊子的 |
[12:01] | I can fix this. | 我可以帮你搞定 |
[12:02] | How? | 怎么搞定 |
[12:04] | Truth? | 要我说真话吗 |
[12:05] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[12:06] | But I am convinced that the right idea will present itself | 我相信自会有峰回路转的时候的 |
[12:09] | and when it does we’re gonna be ready. | 我们只需要为那个时刻做好准备 |
[12:15] | Are you with me? | 懂我的意思吧 |
[12:18] | I am. | 我懂 |
[12:20] | Great. | 很好 |
[12:25] | Did you forget how to answer your phone? | 你难道忘了怎么接电话了吗 |
[12:27] | Erica, I- | 艾丽卡 我 |
[12:28] | Oh, no, no, no, Adam. | 停停停 亚当 |
[12:30] | This is the part where I talk and you listen. | 现在我说话你来听 |
[12:32] | That reminds me of when we dated. | 这让我想起我们约会的时候 |
[12:35] | Ten game suspension. | 停赛十场 |
[12:37] | Come on- | 别这样 |
[12:38] | This is the third time | 在这个赛季中 |
[12:39] | you’ve been kicked off the ice this season. | 你被罚下场三次 |
[12:41] | This last time cost us the game. | 最后一次还导致我们输了比赛 |
[12:43] | The ref completely missed Jack being boarded. | 那个裁判没看到杰克被板墙挤贴 |
[12:45] | It’s like he was blind. | 像个瞎子一样 |
[12:46] | It’s not your job to tell the ref what he missed. | 你的任务不是告诉裁判他没看到什么 |
[12:48] | It’s your job to stay out of trouble and win games. | 而是别惹麻烦 打赢比赛 |
[12:51] | I’m sorry, ok? | 我错了 可以了吧 |
[12:52] | No, Adam. | 不 亚当 |
[12:53] | It’s not ok. | 不可以 |
[12:55] | The owner of the team is- | 球队的老板是 |
[12:56] | Your father. Talk to him. | 是你爸爸 去和他谈一下啊 |
[12:58] | I did talk to him. | 我和他谈过了 |
[13:00] | He’s the one who talked me out of cutting you. | 就是他让我不要太为难你 |
[13:05] | Are you sure there’s not some lingering, you know, | 被我甩了之后 你对我难道 |
[13:08] | animosity over me breaking up with you? | 没有那种缠绵不止的怨恨吗 |
[13:12] | First of all, I broke up with you. | 首先 是我甩了你 |
[13:14] | No, you didn’t. | 不 不是你 |
[13:15] | And second of all, | 其次 |
[13:17] | that was five years ago and I promise you I am over it. | 那是五年前的事了 我已经走出来了 |
[13:19] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[13:20] | Well, what would you have to be over about | 那要是你甩了我的话 |
[13:22] | if you broke up with me? | 你有啥好走出来的 |
[13:24] | Adam, I do not like being this tense person, | 亚当 我不想搞得自己神经兮兮的 |
[13:26] | I really don’t, but you just bring it out in me. | 真的不想 但你偏要让我这么做 |
[13:29] | In fact, you know what? | 我跟你说 |
[13:30] | From this point forward I’m gonna add one game | 从现在开始 |
[13:33] | to your suspension for everything | 你每说一件让我生气的事 |
[13:35] | you say that makes me mad. | 我就让你多停赛一场 |
[13:37] | I figure in about ten minutes, | 我估计十分钟后 |
[13:38] | well, you’re gonna be out for the rest of the season. | 这个赛季就没有你上场的机会了 |
[13:40] | Ok, ok. | 好 好 |
[13:42] | Just tell me what I have to do to fix this. | 我该怎么做才能弥补这一切 |
[13:44] | I’m glad you asked. | 很高兴你能这么问 |
[13:48] | Call our PR person. | 打电话给我们的公关人员 |
[13:50] | While you’re suspended you are going to work with her | 在你停赛期间 你和她合作 |
[13:52] | to repair your image. | 来挽回你的形象 |
[13:54] | There’s nothing wrong with my image. | 我的形象没什么问题 |
[13:56] | Eleven games. | 停赛11次 |
[13:57] | For what? | 为什么 |
[13:58] | Adam, we strive to maintain a positive image | 亚当 在公众和粉丝面前 |
[14:02] | with the community and our fans. | 我们要努力维持良好的形象 |
[14:04] | This is our image. | 这是我们的形象 |
[14:07] | This is yours. | 这是你的形象 |
[14:08] | 皇家队球员 克莱波恩激怒裁判 被罚下场 | |
[14:11] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[14:13] | Ok. I’ll call Janet Dunleavy tomorrow. | 我明天打电话给珍妮特·邓利维 |
[14:16] | Today. | 今天打 |
[14:17] | And please just do whatever she says. | 然后按她说的做 |
[14:18] | Don’t argue with her, | 别跟她吵架 |
[14:20] | don’t think you have better ideas than her. | 不要觉得你有比她更好的主意 |
[14:21] | Basically just don’t be you. | 总的来说就是不要做你自己 |
[14:23] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[14:25] | But just one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[14:29] | I broke up with you. | 是我甩了你 |
[14:31] | Twelve games. | 停赛12场 |
[14:32] | Totally worth it. | 值了 |
[14:43] | So you guys are thinking about going on a cruise this summer? | 你们是打算今年夏天出海吗 |
[14:47] | Well… | 这个呢 |
[14:48] | Well, your mother is thinking about it. | 你妈妈正在考虑这件事 |
[14:49] | I’m thinking about whether or not I want to think about it. | 我在考虑我是否想要考虑这件事 |
[14:51] | Sweetheart, we are retired now. | 亲爱的 我们现在退休了 |
[14:53] | This is exactly the kind of adventure we should be having. | 我们应该体验一下这种冒险 |
[14:56] | Adventure? | 这是冒险吗 |
[14:58] | It’s a Caribbean cruise. | 只是航游一下加勒比 |
[15:01] | It’s all-you-can-eat buffets, | 整天呆在船上吃自助餐 |
[15:02] | it’s not wrestling crocodiles in the Amazon. | 又不是在亚马逊同鳄鱼搏斗 |
[15:04] | I just think that we should take advantage of the fact | 我只是认为既然我们都不用操心书店了 |
[15:07] | that we do not have to worry about the store anymore. | 就应该好好利用一下这个机会 |
[15:10] | Mary and Tyler have got it all under control. | 玛莉和泰勒会搞定书店的生意 |
[15:13] | Yeah, so how is the business? | 好吧 那书店的生意怎么样了 |
[15:14] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[15:17] | It’s fine, dad. | 很好 爸爸 |
[15:18] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[15:19] | Tyler, how’s school, honey? | 亲爱的 在学校怎么样啊 |
[15:22] | Well, I’m having a little problem. | 有点小问题 |
[15:26] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[15:28] | There’s this one class and it’s just not going well. | 有一门课的成绩不是很理想 |
[15:31] | It’s like a-a balance sheet that keeps coming up red. | 分数就像不断亏空的财务表的数字一样红 |
[15:35] | Oh, well what is it about this class that’s got you stumped? | 这门课是怎么难倒你的 |
[15:38] | I’ve done all my readings for it, obsessively, | 我疯狂地看过关于这门课的一些书籍 |
[15:41] | but um, I feel like I’m falling behind. | 但我还是落后于其他人 |
[15:44] | Can’t keep up. | 跟不上他们 |
[15:45] | Oh, well have you asked for any help? | 你有没有寻求过他人的帮助 |
[15:47] | Not really. | 算不上 |
[15:48] | That’s not true. | 乱讲 |
[15:49] | He-well, you’ve gone to advisors, | 他 你有去寻求过建议 |
[15:52] | you just haven’t figured out exactly what to do yet. | 只是还没弄清楚该怎么做 |
[15:56] | Well, you gotta do what you gotta do, kiddo. | 其实只要做你该做的就行了 宝贝儿 |
[16:00] | Your mother is right, Tyler. | 泰勒 你妈妈说的对 |
[16:01] | I mean, if you’ve got these advisors giving you advice | 我是说 如果有人给你出谋划策 |
[16:04] | you should listen to it. | 你应该虚心接受 |
[16:05] | Even if it means doing something outside of your comfort zone. | 即便是一些让你感到不舒服的建议 |
[16:09] | Wait, like going on a cruise? | 等等 比如出海吗 |
[16:13] | And that right there, kids, that is why I married your mother. | 孩子们看 这就是我娶你妈妈的原因 |
[16:21] | I’ll take some wine, please. | 请帮我要倒点酒 |
[16:22] | Yeah, me too. | 给我也来点 |
[16:43] | I feel like I’m waiting for the principal to put me in detention. | 我感觉我像是被校长扣留了 |
[16:46] | It’s not that bad. | 还不至于那么糟 |
[16:47] | That’s what I tried to tell Erica. | 我打算这么告诉艾丽卡的 |
[16:49] | Oh, don’t get me wrong, | 哦 不要误会我 |
[16:50] | it’s bad but we can repair this. | 这样不行 不过还有得挽回 |
[16:53] | We just need to find a way to make people… like you. | 我们只需要想办法让别人喜欢你 |
[16:58] | People like me. | 他们本来就喜欢我 |
[17:00] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[17:02] | They don’t. | 他们不喜欢 |
[17:04] | I had my team do a flash poll last night after Erica called me | 昨晚艾丽卡打给我后我立即做了调查 |
[17:06] | and, well, the results… they weren’t good. | 结果 反应不太好 |
[17:12] | Telemarketers have higher likeability than you do. | 电话销售的好感度都比你高 |
[17:16] | That’s disturbing. | 太难过了 |
[17:18] | But the good news is that they want to like you. | 但好消息是他们想要接受你 |
[17:21] | They love the idea of a second chance | 他们喜欢第二次机会这个想法 |
[17:22] | and they are open to giving you one. | 他们也愿意给你一次机会 |
[17:24] | How? | 怎么给 |
[17:26] | Well, one strategy I’ve used in the past is sort of like | 其实我有一个之前用过的策略 |
[17:29] | a buddy system. | 有点像伙伴系统 |
[17:30] | We pair you with a respected member of the community, | 我们帮你和社区里受尊敬的人配对 |
[17:32] | someone who can balance things out. | 那些人或许能抵消你的一点坏印象 |
[17:34] | According to this, mould has a higher score than I do. | 这样的话霉菌还比我更好搞 |
[17:36] | Who would want to be paired with me? | 谁愿意和我配对 |
[17:38] | You’d be surprised. | 一定让你大吃一惊 |
[17:40] | We get you involved in local activities, | 我们介绍你参加当地的活动 |
[17:41] | maybe do some volunteer work, | 大概是一些志愿者的工作 |
[17:43] | it’s good PR for both you and whoever we pair you up with. | 对你和配对的人来说都是很好的公关 |
[17:46] | Did you have someone in mind? | 你现在有中意的人吗 |
[17:49] | Not yet, but… | 还没有 但是 |
[17:52] | Sorry, hold on. | 抱歉 等一下 |
[17:54] | Hi. | 你好 |
[17:57] | Send her in. | 把她带进来 |
[18:07] | Mary. | 玛莉 |
[18:08] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[18:09] | I’m so sorry to come by unannounced, | 很抱歉没有通知你就过来了 |
[18:11] | I just wanted to be very clear | 我只是想弄清楚 |
[18:12] | that I am so ready to do whatever it takes to make this work. | 我已经做好了一切准备工作 |
[18:16] | Excellent, because I know just what to do. | 太棒了 因为我知道该做什么 |
[18:17] | I’m going to pair you with one of my other clients | 我要让你和我的一位客户配对 |
[18:19] | and you are both going to solve each other’s problems. | 你们可以解决彼此的问题 |
[18:22] | That’s wonderful. | 那太好了 |
[18:23] | Who? | 是谁呢 |
[18:24] | Mary Campbell, | 玛莉·坎贝尔 |
[18:27] | Adam Clayborn. | 亚当·克雷波恩 |
[18:28] | You. | 是你 |
[18:32] | Shall we get started? | 我们可以开始了吧 |
[18:33] | No. | 不可以 |
[18:35] | The hockey team will pay for everything. | 冰球队会承担所有费用 |
[18:38] | This way we can put together a big to-do | 这样我们就可以一起 |
[18:40] | for the 40th anniversary of the store, | 为这家店成立四十周年做一件大事 |
[18:42] | and he can host it or sign jerseys or something. | 他可以主持或是在运动衫上签名之类的 |
[18:45] | We can sponsor a junior hockey team, you can coach it. | 我们能赞助初级冰球队 你可以是教练 |
[18:48] | You and cute kids? | 你和一群可爱的孩子 |
[18:49] | This is the kind of immediate boost of goodwill | 这是一种快速提升亲和力的方法 |
[18:51] | that you need in order to get back on the team. | 你只有这样才能回到队伍 |
[18:53] | Because when it works, | 因为一旦成功 |
[18:55] | when we take an uncouth hockey player | 我们可以把一个粗鲁的冰球运动员 |
[18:57] | and turn him into a cultured book lover | 培养成一个有教养的书迷 |
[19:00] | who helps the community, | 一个可以帮助社团的书迷 |
[19:01] | you are going to get the credit for that. | 你会因此名声在外 |
[19:03] | You can be the hero that rescues | 你可以成为英雄 |
[19:05] | the beloved neighbourhood institution. | 拯救你钟爱的社区服务机构 |
[19:08] | It’s like you’re Superman | 就好像你是超人 |
[19:11] | and she’s your Lois Lane. | 而她是你的路易斯·莱恩 |
[19:13] | It’s like you’re Henry Higgins | 你就像是亨利·希金斯 |
[19:15] | to his Eliza Doolittle. | 对他的伊莉莎·杜莉特 |
[19:17] | It’s a second chance you need to reinvent the bookstore. | 这正是你改造书店的第二次机会 |
[19:20] | Besides, if things are as bad as you say they are, | 另外 如果事情如你所说的那样糟糕 |
[19:23] | you need a fresh start. | 你就需要一个新的开始 |
[19:26] | You need to do something big to save the bookstore. | 你需要做一番大事来拯救你的书店 |
[19:31] | You need a new beginning. | 你需要一个新的开始 |
[19:34] | This could be your last chance to save your career | 这可能是你挽救职业生涯的最后的机会 |
[19:58] | To improve your image, | 为了改善你的形象 |
[20:00] | just trust me this is going to be fantastic. | 相信我这肯定是个好主意 |
[20:01] | I’m already regretting this. | 我已经后悔了 |
[20:02] | This is going to be a disaster. | 这肯定是一团糟 |
[20:03] | Give it a chance. | 给他次机会 |
[20:05] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[20:06] | Hi, Janet Dunleavy. | 我是珍妮特·邓利维 |
[20:07] | Hi, I’m Mary’s brother, Tyler. | 你好我是玛莉的哥哥泰勒 |
[20:09] | And you are Adam Clayborn. | 你就是亚当·克雷波恩 |
[20:10] | I’m a huge fan. | 我是你的头粉 |
[20:12] | I can see that. | 能看出来 |
[20:13] | Wait, Mary, Tyler, | 等一下 玛莉 泰勒 |
[20:15] | there’s gotta be more to that story. | 看来事情没那么简单啊 |
[20:17] | That’s our mother’s favourite show. | 这是我妈妈最喜欢的节目 |
[20:18] | It could be worse. | 还有更难听的 |
[20:19] | You could be called Joanie and Chachi. | 可以叫你们乔安和恰奇 |
[20:20] | Why don’t we get started? | 我们直接开始吧 |
[20:21] | So, first up great news. | 首先 一个好消息 |
[20:23] | I got a permit to do a winter fest party out in front | 我已经拿到了举办冬季庆典的许可了 |
[20:25] | of the bookstore for the 40th anniversary, | 可以直接在店门口办 |
[20:28] | which is our big chance to reach a lot of people at once. | 这是我们能接触到很多人的大好机会 |
[20:31] | It’s in four weeks. | 四周后举行 |
[20:32] | Four weeks? | 四周后 |
[20:33] | Is that enough time to get everything ready? | 有足够时间准备好所有事吗 |
[20:35] | Mmmhmm. That’s why we’re here. | 就是我们在这的原因 |
[20:36] | We can brainstorm ideas. | 我们得集思广益 |
[20:38] | We need a big one, a showcase idea. | 我们要的是一个大胆的博人眼球的方案 |
[20:41] | Anybody? | 谁有想法 |
[20:43] | How about a food truck? | 食物车怎么样 |
[20:44] | Maybe one that serves coffee. | 一个可以提供咖啡的食物车 |
[20:45] | How’s the quilt coming? | 织花又是哪来的 |
[20:47] | I’m just saying I’ve never seen a bookstore | 我只是没有见过哪个书店 |
[20:48] | that didn’t have coffee. | 不卖咖啡 |
[20:49] | Visit a lot of them, do you? | 你经常去吗 |
[20:50] | You don’t know me. | 你又不了解我 |
[20:51] | What was the last book you read? | 你最近读的一本书是什么 |
[20:52] | Oh, and Sports Illustrated? | 是《体育画报》吧 |
[20:54] | Not a book. | 那可算不上书 |
[20:57] | Ok, why don’t we put a pin in that? | 好了 消停一会儿吧 |
[20:59] | How about we talk about the junior hockey team | 不如来聊一聊 |
[21:01] | we’re going to sponsor? | 我们要赞助的那个球队吧 |
[21:02] | We’ll get a photographer to come out and get Adam | 我们会找摄影师来 |
[21:04] | coaching the kids and at the game. | 并且让亚当教孩子们打球 参加比赛 |
[21:05] | Oh, he-he’s gonna coach kids? | 哦 他吗 他会教孩子们吗 |
[21:07] | Hey, I’m great with kids. | 嘿 我很擅长和孩子们打交道的 |
[21:08] | Yes, ’cause you are one. | 你当然擅长和同类打交道 |
[21:09] | You know, I’m here to help you. | 我可是在帮你 |
[21:11] | You need me more than I need you. | 比起我需要你 你更需要我 |
[21:12] | What was that? | 你说什么 |
[21:13] | I said you need- | 我说你需要 |
[21:14] | Oh, I couldn’t hear you over the racket | 哦 我听不清你在说什么 |
[21:15] | all your customers are making. | 你的客人们都太吵啦 |
[21:16] | I think this is going great. | 我觉得进展得很顺利 |
[21:20] | You don’t understand. | 你不知道 |
[21:22] | She’s impossible. | 她太让人难以忍受了 |
[21:23] | Oh, I understand impossible, Adam. | 我懂难以忍受的滋味 亚当 |
[21:26] | You mean me? | 你是在说我吗 |
[21:27] | No. She’s worse. | 不 她更糟糕 |
[21:29] | She thinks she knows everything. | 她觉得她知道所有的事 |
[21:31] | She always has to be right. | 认为她是对的 |
[21:32] | So you two have a lot in common. | 所以你们两个很有共同点 |
[21:33] | Why are you here? | 你在这干嘛 |
[21:35] | Moral support. | 精神支持 |
[21:37] | You two are enjoying this, aren’t you? | 你们两个很喜欢这样对吗 |
[21:39] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[21:40] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[21:41] | Oh. | 好 |
[21:46] | This is a terrible idea. | 这是一个坏主意 |
[21:48] | Mary, this is exactly the kind of PR stunt | 玛莉这就是一种公关噱头 |
[21:50] | the bookstore needs, ok? | 书店需要这样做 好吗 |
[21:51] | It’s gonna be amazing. | 一定会很成功 |
[21:53] | We can still back out. | 我们现在还可以退出 |
[21:54] | I’m putting up posters. | 我已经在贴海报了 |
[21:55] | You haven’t finished yet. | 你还没有贴完 |
[21:56] | Not too late. | 还不算太晚 |
[21:57] | Sorry, no backing out now. | 抱歉 现在没有退路了 |
[22:02] | I’ll just put them back up. | 我还会把它们贴上的 |
[22:23] | Are we starting soon? | 我们很快就能开始了吗 |
[22:25] | Yes, we are. | 是的 |
[22:26] | We are just waiting for your coach. | 我们只是在等教练 |
[22:29] | Adam Clayborn, right? | 亚当·克雷波恩 对吗 |
[22:31] | Right. | 对 |
[22:32] | He’s tough. | 他很厉害 |
[22:33] | It’s cool how he argues with the refs. | 他和裁判吵架太酷了 |
[22:35] | No, it-it isn’t. | 不 不酷 |
[22:42] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[22:44] | Sorry, I’m not used to- | 抱歉 我还不习惯 |
[22:45] | Responsibility? | 承担责任吗 |
[22:46] | Mornings. | 早起 |
[22:47] | Wow. It’s really you. | 哇 真的是你 |
[22:50] | I’m Coach Adam. What’s your name? | 我是亚当教练 你叫什么 |
[22:52] | Noah. | 诺亚 |
[22:53] | Nice to meet you, Noah. | 诺亚 很高兴见到你 |
[22:54] | Would you mind telling Noah | 你介意和诺亚说 |
[22:55] | that getting into trouble isn’t cool? | 惹麻烦一点都不酷吗 |
[22:58] | Absolutely not. | 当然不 |
[22:59] | Although- | 尽管 |
[23:00] | What’re you doing? | 你想干什么 |
[23:01] | Well, I was just gonna say that sometimes | 好吧 我只是想说有时候 |
[23:03] | when a ref makes a really bad call | 当裁判错判 |
[23:04] | you can’t just say nothing. | 我不能什么都不说 |
[23:06] | For instance, this one time in Albuquerque- | 就比如那次在阿尔伯克基 |
[23:07] | No! | 别再说了 |
[23:08] | You are not allowed to tell a 12-year-old | 你不能告诉一个十二岁的孩子 |
[23:09] | about that one time in Albuquerque. | 在阿尔伯克基那次经历 |
[23:11] | You don’t even know what happened. | 你都不知道是什么事 |
[23:12] | If you were involved it could not have been good. | 有关于你的准没好事 |
[23:14] | Now, listen. | 你听着 |
[23:16] | For some reason that is totally beyond my comprehension, | 出于一些我无法理解的原因 |
[23:17] | you are a role model to these kids, | 你是孩子们的榜样 |
[23:19] | so be a good one. | 所以做个好人吧 |
[23:21] | Now repeat after me. | 现在跟我说 |
[23:22] | Trouble, not cool. | 惹麻烦 不酷 |
[23:26] | Trouble, not cool. | 惹麻烦 不酷 |
[23:27] | That’s right. | 这就对了 |
[23:29] | So you can tell your friends that and uh, | 所以你可以转告你的朋友们这句话 |
[23:32] | we’ll be over in a second. | 并且我们马上就好 |
[23:33] | Ok? | 好吗 |
[23:34] | Ok. | 好 |
[23:39] | It’s gonna be a disaster. | 这事儿好玩不了了 |
[23:41] | Ok, no matter what we might think of each other | 好吧 不管我们怎么看待对方 |
[23:43] | I think we can both agree that the most important thing here | 我想我们都同意 在这儿最重要的 |
[23:46] | is the team and making sure they have a good time. | 是这个队伍 要让他们玩的尽兴 |
[23:48] | So how about we call a truce until after practice? | 所以我们在训练结束前先停战怎么样 |
[23:54] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[23:57] | Ok. | 好 |
[24:01] | Hey, kids. | 嘿 孩子们 |
[24:02] | Let’s get up. | 起来吧 |
[24:04] | Alright. | 好了 |
[24:10] | I’m Adam Clayborn and I’m gonna be your coach. | 我是亚当·克雷波恩 是你们的教练 |
[24:13] | And I am Mary Campbell. | 我是玛莉·坎贝尔 |
[24:15] | I am sponsoring the team. | 我是这个队伍的赞助商 |
[24:17] | Well, actually, On the Same Page is. | 不过实际上 赞助商此页书店书店 |
[24:20] | Ok, who plays what position? | 好了 你们每个人 站位是什么 |
[24:21] | Shouldn’t you ask them to introduce themselves first? | 不应该先让他们自我介绍一下吗 |
[24:24] | That’s what I was just doing. | 我就是这么做的 |
[24:25] | No, you asked them what they do on the team. | 不 你问的是他们在队里做什么 |
[24:27] | You didn’t ask them anything about themselves | 你没问他们的个人信息 |
[24:29] | like what their names are or their interests | 比如他们叫什么或者兴趣是什么 |
[24:31] | or what they wanna be when they grow up | 或者他们长大了要做什么 |
[24:33] | or their favourite book. | 或者他们最喜欢什么书 |
[24:34] | I like to start there. | 我喜欢这样开始 |
[24:35] | This is a hockey team. | 这是一支冰球队 |
[24:36] | Yeah, so what’re you gonna do? | 是的 那你打算怎么做 |
[24:38] | Are you just gonna call them by their playing places? | 你就按他们的 打位 叫他们吗 |
[24:41] | Playing places. | 打位 |
[24:42] | Yes. | 对啊 |
[24:43] | So this delightful young human would be the- | 所以这个年轻可爱的小伙子将会是 |
[24:45] | Please, I would love to hear you list off | 来吧 我还挺想听你给一支冰球队 |
[24:48] | the playing places of a hockey team. | 能列出个什么打位 |
[24:51] | The goal… | 守 |
[24:54] | Goalie! | 守门员儿 |
[24:54] | Goalie. | 守门员儿 |
[24:56] | Who’s my goalie? | 谁是守门员儿 |
[25:00] | Yes, you are. | 好 是你 |
[25:01] | There you are, coming for it, up top. | 在这呢你 来吧 击个掌 |
[25:05] | Name another. | 再说一个 |
[25:06] | I think I made my point. | 我想我意思没错 |
[25:07] | I think you made mine. | 你有意思吗 |
[25:12] | Shall we? | 走吧 |
[25:13] | Ok kids, centre ice. | 好 孩子们 到开球点 |
[25:44] | I finished shutting everything down. | 我把所有东西都关了 |
[25:45] | You up to anything tonight? | 你今晚有事吗 |
[25:46] | You wanna come for dinner with me and my friends? | 你想跟我和我的朋友一起吃饭吗 |
[25:48] | Uh, you know, I think I’m just gonna stay in and read. | 我想我还是呆在这看书吧 |
[25:51] | What’re you reading? | 你在读什么 |
[25:52] | Wuthering Heights. | 《呼啸山庄》 |
[25:54] | You’ve read it so many times. | 你读了很多遍了 |
[25:55] | It just keeps getting better. | 书读百遍其义自见 |
[25:57] | Well, don’t stay out too late. | 好吧 别呆得太晚 |
[26:00] | Oh, and if you have any questions about hockey | 如果你对冰球有什么不明白的话 |
[26:02] | you can just ask me. | 你可以问我 |
[26:16] | Bring it in, guys. | 集合 伙计们 |
[26:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:22] | Any questions? | 有问题吗 |
[26:23] | Noah. | 诺亚 |
[26:24] | What happened in Albuquerque? | 阿尔伯克基发生了什么 |
[26:26] | Oh-later. | 等会儿 |
[26:28] | Uh, later, ok? | 等一下 好吗 |
[26:29] | Alright, we’re gonna crush it out there, right? | 好了 我们赢定了 对吧 |
[26:31] | Yeah! | 是的 |
[26:32] | Respectfully, right? | 赢得体面吧 |
[26:33] | Yes. | 没错 |
[26:34] | Because hockey has a rich history. | 因为冰球有着悠久的历史 |
[26:36] | In fact, it dates back to 1300 when a certain… | 事实上 它可以追溯到1300年 |
[26:39] | You’re kidding, right? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[26:40] | I think that they could use | 我想他们可以利用 |
[26:41] | a little bit of historical context. | 一些历史背景 |
[26:43] | I mean, just because Noah is the centre forward | 我的意思是 因为诺亚是中锋 |
[26:45] | and Jesse is right defense, | 还有杰西是右后卫 |
[26:47] | they’re both working to get the puck into the crease, | 他们都努力把冰球打进球门里 |
[26:49] | I don’t think that they need to be barbarians about it. | 我不想他们搞的很野蛮 |
[26:51] | Oh, someone read a book about hockey. | 原来某人读了关于冰球的书 |
[26:53] | Don’t know what makes you think that. | 不懂你为什么这么想 |
[26:54] | Because the other day all you knew was goalie. | 因为前几天你只知道一个守门员儿 |
[26:56] | Didn’t wanna show off. | 我那是不想炫耀 |
[26:57] | Well, look, I think it’s cute. | 这样挺好的 |
[26:58] | Why don’t you stick to the books and let me deal | 你干嘛不接着看书 |
[26:59] | with the important things. | 让我来处理些重要的事 |
[27:00] | You know, like winning. | 你懂的 比如赢得胜利 |
[27:01] | Winning isn’t everything. | 胜利不是一切 |
[27:02] | Yes, it is. | 胜利就是一切 |
[27:03] | That’s why it’s a competitive sport. | 它毕竟是一项竞技运动 |
[27:05] | If there wasn’t a winner it would just be people out there | 如果没有胜利者 那就只有人在那里 |
[27:06] | hitting a piece of rubber with a stick. | 用棍子打一块橡胶 |
[27:08] | Did you know that the original hockey pucks | 你知道最初冰球的球 |
[27:10] | were made of wood? | 是用木头做的吗 |
[27:11] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[27:11] | Just… | 就 |
[27:14] | On the Same Page! | 为了此页书店书店 |
[27:27] | Look at the front of the net! | 注意球网前面 |
[27:28] | Good sportsmanship! | 注意体育精神 |
[27:32] | Come on, guys, hurry back! | 快点 伙计们 快回来 |
[27:34] | Back check, hard! | 回守区阻截 加油 |
[27:36] | Stay on him. | 盯着他 |
[27:37] | Play the man, not the puck. | 盯着那个男的 别盯球 |
[27:38] | That doesn’t make sense. | 这样没用 |
[27:39] | It’s a cardinal rule of defense. | 这是基本的防卫规则 |
[27:40] | But we want the puck. | 但我们需要冰球 |
[27:41] | Well, yes. We do. | 是的 |
[27:46] | Oh, come on! | 喂 得了吧 |
[27:47] | You can’t give him a penalty for that! | 你不能这样就罚他 |
[27:48] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[27:49] | We got a penalty. It’s totally bogus. | 我们受罚了 这完全是误判 |
[27:51] | Hey, ref! | 嘿 裁判 |
[27:52] | There’s no way you call that! | 你不能这样做 |
[27:53] | I don’t think you should be doing this. | 我觉得你不应该这样做 |
[27:54] | Let me handle this. | 让我来处理 |
[27:55] | It’s my team. I’m going to handle it. | 这是我的队伍 我来处理 |
[27:56] | Handle what? | 处理什么 |
[27:57] | You don’t even know what’s going on. | 你都不知道发生了什么 |
[27:57] | That’s not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[27:58] | Hey, ref! Ref! Let him play, ref. | 裁判 裁判 让他上场 裁判 |
[28:01] | Where did you get your whistle? | 你从哪儿弄来的口哨 |
[28:02] | A Cracker Jack box? | 买爆米花送的吗 |
[28:03] | You should not be talking to him like that. | 你别那样跟他说话 |
[28:04] | He is wearing the shirt. | 他穿着裁判服呢 |
[28:05] | 克莱波恩持续发癫 书店老板一并加入 | |
[28:07] | Not exactly what I had in mind. | 和我想的完全不一样 |
[28:20] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[28:21] | I do look bonkers. | 我看起来真像个疯子 |
[28:22] | What about me? | 那我呢 |
[28:23] | I need good press, not more bad. | 我需要好的报道 而不是更多坏的 |
[28:25] | Guys, relax. | 伙计们 放松点 |
[28:26] | We can fix this. | 我们能解决好的 |
[28:26] | I hope so, because my entire life is in your hands right now. | 我希望如此 因为我的命可就在你手里了 |
[28:29] | Mine, too. | 我也是 |
[28:29] | See? There. | 看到了吗 |
[28:30] | Now you have something in common. | 现在你们有共同点了 |
[28:34] | Truce? | 休战吗 |
[28:36] | For real this time? | 这次是真的 |
[28:40] | Truce. | 休战 |
[28:41] | Wonderful. | 很好 |
[28:42] | Things are looking up already. | 情况看来好转了 |
[28:44] | Now, we have three weeks until the winter anniversary party | 现在 离冬季周年纪念晚会还有三周 |
[28:46] | and we still need that showcase idea. | 我们仍需要才艺展示的创意 |
[28:48] | How do I fit into this anniversary party? | 我在周年纪念晚会上要干些什么 |
[28:50] | Master of Ceremony, signing autographs, kissing babies, | 主持仪式 签签名 亲亲小孩 |
[28:53] | whatever it takes. | 有啥干啥 |
[28:54] | We’re gonna do a trial run at a book fair this weekend. | 这周末我们在书展上试试 |
[28:57] | Aren’t book fairs expensive to enter? | 参加书展不是很贵吗 |
[28:59] | Not this one. | 这个不贵 |
[29:00] | The school board is staging it to promote reading. | 学校董事会筹办书展是为了促进阅读 |
[29:02] | Besides, the hockey team will cover any expenses. | 此外 冰球队将支付所有费用 |
[29:04] | You’ve got a booth right up front. | 你的展位就在最前面 |
[29:05] | Thank you. That’s so nice. | 谢谢你 太好了 |
[29:07] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[29:08] | But since there’s nothing to host, per se, | 但鉴于其实没有什么可以参展的 |
[29:10] | we need a good reason for Adam to be there. | 我们需要一个好理由让亚当在那里 |
[29:12] | We could bring a bunch of books about hockey. | 我们可以带一大堆关于冰球的书 |
[29:14] | Great idea. | 好主意 |
[29:15] | Mary, do you know any good books on hockey? | 玛莉 你知道冰球方面的好书吗 |
[29:17] | Yeah, Mary. | 对啊 玛莉 |
[29:18] | Do you? | 你知道吗 |
[29:22] | You and dad had the store for almost 40 years | 你和爸爸开那家店将近40年 |
[29:24] | without a problem and we’ve had it less than a year and it’s… | 没出过任何问题 我们才开了不到一年就 |
[29:27] | it’s got problems. | 就出问题了 |
[29:28] | Honey, you worry too much. | 亲爱的 你太操心了 |
[29:30] | I have to. | 我必须操心 |
[29:31] | I just don’t know how to manage the store and babysit this… | 我只是不知道怎么同时管理书店和 |
[29:34] | Adam at the same time. | 照看那个亚当 |
[29:36] | Tyler said he’s really nice. | 泰勒说他人很好 |
[29:37] | He’s not. | 他才不好 |
[29:39] | He is reckless, he is immature, he’s rude… | 他很鲁莽 幼稚 还很粗鲁 |
[29:45] | why are you smiling like that? | 你干嘛笑成那样 |
[29:47] | Oh, Shakespeare. | 只是想到莎士比亚了 |
[29:50] | Just a little quote about “the lady doth protest too much”. | 他说 女人抱怨的太多了 |
[29:54] | Oh, no. | 才没有 |
[29:55] | Oh, no? | 没有吗 |
[29:56] | No. | 没有 |
[29:58] | Not even a little bit. | 这才哪到哪 |
[30:22] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[30:22] | Hey. | 你好 |
[30:23] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[30:24] | What is uh… it’s a truck. | 这是什么 这是一辆卡车 |
[30:26] | I know what a truck is. | 我知道卡车是什么 |
[30:27] | Why is it in front of my store with my sign on it? | 为什么它在我的店前面 还有我们的标志 |
[30:30] | Oh. You must be Mary. | 你一定是玛莉 |
[30:32] | Adam said you might be a little high strung. | 亚当说你可能有点神经兮兮的 |
[30:33] | What?! | 什么 |
[30:35] | Listen, whatever this is costing, I cannot afford it. | 听着 不管这要多少钱 我都付不起 |
[30:38] | Oh, Adam took care of it. | 亚当都搞掂了 |
[30:40] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:41] | Are you opening soon? | 你要开门了吗 |
[30:43] | Because I got about three people waiting to get a book | 因为这有三个人等着买书 |
[30:45] | and their free cup, so… | 还要拿免费咖啡 所以 |
[30:53] | Sorry for the delay. | 抱歉耽搁了 |
[30:58] | Thank you for helping me get set up for the book fair. | 谢谢你帮我准备书展 |
[31:02] | I’m suspended, remember? | 我被停职了 记得吗 |
[31:03] | I didn’t have anything better to do tonight. | 今晚我也没什么好做的 |
[31:06] | Thank you also for the coffee truck. | 还有谢谢你的咖啡车 |
[31:08] | That was very nice and we actually sold a lot of books. | 那个不错 而且帮我们卖了很多书 |
[31:12] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[31:12] | Yes. It was a good idea. | 对 这是个好主意 |
[31:14] | Maybe a showcase idea. | 是个博人眼球的点子吧 |
[31:16] | Don’t push it. | 蹬鼻子上脸了你 |
[31:17] | You know, if I don’t get back on the team | 那个 如果我不回球队 |
[31:19] | I can always help you run this place. | 我可以一直帮你管理这个地方 |
[31:23] | What are you going to do when you’re done with hockey? | 不打曲棍球后你打算做什么 |
[31:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:27] | I haven’t thought about it. | 我还没想过 |
[31:29] | How can you not think about the future? | 你怎么能不计划一下未来呢 |
[31:31] | Not make a plan? | 没有制定计划吗 |
[31:32] | Yeah, I’m more of a live in the moment kinda guy. | 是的 我更倾向于活在当下 |
[31:35] | But without a plan you’re just wandering. | 但如果没有计划 你只是在四处晃荡 |
[31:40] | Some of the world’s greatest discoveries were made by people | 一些世界上最伟大的发现 |
[31:42] | who were just wandering. | 就是因为一些到处晃荡的人 |
[31:44] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[31:46] | Name one. | 比如呢 |
[31:48] | The chocolate chip cookie. | 巧克力曲奇 |
[31:49] | What? | 什么 |
[31:51] | Some chef was trying to make chocolate cookies | 有个厨师想做巧克力饼干 |
[31:52] | and didn’t have the right ingredients | 但没有合适的配料 |
[31:53] | so she put chocolate chunks into the batter | 所以她把巧克力块放进面糊里 |
[31:55] | thinking it would mix in. | 以为巧克力碎会融入面粉 |
[31:56] | It didn’t, and that became the chocolate chip cookie. | 但并没有 那就是巧克力曲奇的由来 |
[31:58] | That can’t be true. | 肯定不是真的 |
[32:00] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[32:01] | Surely I would have heard something about this. | 如果是真的我肯定会听说过 |
[32:18] | Ruth Wakefield in her kitchen, 1938… | 1938年 鲁斯·维克菲尔德在厨房里 |
[32:23] | well I’ll be darned. | 我滴个乖乖 |
[32:25] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[32:27] | I read things. | 我读很多东西 |
[32:28] | Other than Sports Illustrated. | 不仅仅是《体育画报》 |
[32:31] | What’s your favourite book? | 你最喜欢的书是哪一本 |
[32:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[32:34] | What do you mean, you don’t know? | 什么叫你不知道 |
[32:36] | Nobody’s ever asked me that. | 没人问过我这个问题 |
[32:38] | I mean, surely there is some book that made an impression on you | 我是说 肯定有书在某时某刻 |
[32:40] | at some point. | 给你留下了深刻的印象 |
[32:44] | The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. | 《汤姆·索亚历险记》 |
[32:45] | Really? | 真的 |
[32:47] | I read it when I was a kid. | 我小时候读过 |
[32:48] | Hadn’t thought about it since. | 后来再也没有想起过 |
[32:49] | What did you like about it? | 你喜欢这本书的什么 |
[32:51] | Him and Huck Finn were always out exploring | 他和哈克·费恩总是出去探险 |
[32:53] | and getting into trouble and I always… | 不断陷入麻烦 而我总是 |
[32:56] | I just liked the idea of it. | 我只是喜欢这本书的想法 |
[32:58] | It’s a great book. | 是一本很棒的书 |
[33:00] | It’s… one of my favourites, too. | 它 也是我最喜欢的书之一 |
[33:02] | Although the Book Chat audience says I have too many favourites. | 虽然书友们说我有太多的最爱 |
[33:05] | That doesn’t surprise me. | 意料之中 |
[33:12] | We’re reading War of the Worlds next. | 下期我们会读《世界之战》 |
[33:15] | Oh, they turned that Tom Cruise movie into a novel? | 汤姆·克鲁斯的电影被改编成小说了吗 |
[33:19] | I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑的 |
[33:23] | Anyway, here. | 不管怎样 拿着 |
[33:25] | In case you’d like to join us. | 万一你想加入我们 |
[33:27] | You’d wanna hear what I have to say about a book? | 你想听我对一本书的看法吗 |
[33:29] | I wanna hear what anyone has to say about a book. | 我想听所有人对一本书的看法 |
[33:32] | I don’t know if I’m gonna have time. | 我不知道我是否有时间 |
[33:34] | Right. | 好吧 |
[33:35] | I still have a couple chapters of that quilting book to go | 那本纺织的书我还有几章要读 |
[33:37] | and I have to see how it ends. | 我得看看结局如何 |
[33:58] | Adam? | 亚当 |
[33:59] | Picture time. | 拍照时间 |
[34:00] | Uh, can it wait? | 能等一下吗 |
[34:01] | I’m just talking to a couple fans here. | 我正和几个粉丝在聊天 |
[34:03] | Adam, eyes on the prize. | 亚当 集中注意力 |
[34:07] | Sorry, ladies. Duty calls. | 对不起 女士们 工作来了 |
[34:12] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢您 谢谢您 |
[34:15] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[34:17] | What? They were fans. | 咋啦 他们是球迷 |
[34:18] | Please. | 得了吧 |
[34:20] | Fans. | 球迷 |
[34:21] | They were groupies. | 他们是狂热粉 |
[34:22] | Why, because they were pretty? | 为什么 就因为她们很漂亮吗 |
[34:24] | Pretty women can’t be hockey fans? | 漂亮的女人就不能是曲棍球迷吗 |
[34:25] | I never said that, I just don’t think | 我没那么说过 我只是觉得 |
[34:26] | that you’d be paying so much attention to them | 如果她们不漂亮 |
[34:27] | if they weren’t pretty. | 你就不会那么关注人家了 |
[34:28] | That’s not true. | 乱讲 |
[34:30] | All people who love hockey are seen equally in my books. | 在我看来所有热爱曲棍球的人都是平等的 |
[34:31] | Do you even believe the things that come out of your mouth? | 这话你自己信吗 |
[34:40] | I’m sorry. I am. | 对不起 我很抱歉 |
[34:42] | And I don’t know what it is about him | 我不知道他是怎么回事 |
[34:44] | but he is just so maddening and he just pushes my buttons. | 但他太疯狂了 而且他不断惹毛我 |
[34:49] | It’s not that bad. | 事情并没有那么糟糕 |
[34:50] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[34:51] | Oh, don’t get me wrong. | 别误会 |
[34:52] | It’s bad. | 事情还是挺糟糕的 |
[34:53] | May I see the article? | 我可以看看这篇文章吗 |
[34:54] | I think it’s best that you don’t. | 我想你最好不要看 |
[34:56] | Just the headline? | 只看标题 |
[34:57] | Something like “Mary and Adam at it again”. | 标题是”玛莉和亚当又开始了”之类的 |
[34:59] | Well, you should talk to him. | 你应该和他谈一下 |
[35:00] | I have. | 我谈过 |
[35:01] | And? | 然后呢 |
[35:02] | And now I’m talking to you. | 然后我来跟你谈谈 |
[35:03] | Me? | 我 |
[35:04] | Yes, you. | 是的 你 |
[35:08] | We are going to try this again tomorrow at another event | 我们明天将在另一个活动中再尝试一次 |
[35:11] | that I’ve set up, and I have some ground rules | 我已经安排了 并制定了一些基本规则 |
[35:14] | for the both of you. | 你俩都要遵守 |
[35:15] | But he’s clearly- | 但他显然 |
[35:17] | Both of you. | 都 要 遵 守 |
[35:27] | Ok, so what are we here to do? | 好吧 我们来这的目的是 |
[35:30] | Donate books to the library. | 把书捐给图书馆 |
[35:32] | And what are we not here to do? | 而不是 |
[35:33] | Argue. | 争吵 |
[35:34] | Or? | 还有呢 |
[35:35] | Use our outside voices. | 大声说话 |
[35:36] | Or? | 还有呢 |
[35:37] | Do anything that might embarrass us and, by extension, you. | 做任何可能让我们难堪并连累到你的事 |
[35:39] | Very good. | 很好 |
[35:40] | Are you guys ready? | 你们准备好了吗 |
[35:42] | Here we go. | 我们开始吧 |
[35:44] | Smiles. | 微笑 |
[35:56] | Car repair? | 修车手册吗 |
[35:57] | What’s wrong with car repair? | 修车手册怎么了 |
[35:59] | Well… not exactly literature. | 这都不是真正的文学作品 |
[36:01] | You’re such a snob. | 附庸风雅 |
[36:02] | I’m not a snob. | 我没有 |
[36:03] | You think that just because you read everything | 你认为就因为你读了所有书 |
[36:05] | you’re so much smarter and better than everyone. | 所以你比所有人都更聪明 更优秀 |
[36:06] | You think that just ’cause I read anything | 你认为就因为我读了所有书 |
[36:08] | that I am a snob. | 我就附庸风雅了 |
[36:09] | This is your bias. | 这是你的偏见 |
[36:10] | Well, your bias is that you think that | 那你的偏见是你认为 |
[36:11] | people who play hockey are out of control crazy. | 打曲棍球的人都是失控的疯子 |
[36:12] | Nope, I don’t think that about everyone who plays hockey. | 不 我不这么看每个打曲棍球的人 |
[36:15] | You’re the one who keeps getting kicked out of games. | 你才是那个老被踢出比赛的 |
[36:20] | Why do you get into so many fights, anyway? | 倒是你为什么总是打架 |
[36:22] | I don’t go out and randomly start arguing with people. | 我不会随便和人吵架 |
[36:25] | What, so “he started it” is your defense? | 啥 你难道想说是对方先动手的吗 |
[36:28] | Kind of, yeah. | 差不多 |
[36:30] | The thing with the ref at the last game? | 上一场比赛和那裁判的事是因为 |
[36:32] | Someone on the other team boarded a guy on my team. | 对方有人挤我一个队友的墙 |
[36:35] | Boarded? | 挤墙 |
[36:37] | Pushed him into a wall excessively. | 就是很大力地把他推到墙上 |
[36:39] | The ref didn’t see it. | 裁判没有看到 |
[36:40] | So I went to tell him and things kinda escalated from there. | 所以我去告诉他 然后事情有点失控了 |
[36:44] | So you were defending your teammate. | 所以你在维护你的队友 |
[36:48] | Yeah. You can do what you want to me, | 是 你可以随便怎么对我 |
[36:50] | I don’t care. I can take it. | 我不在乎 我受得了 |
[36:52] | But you don’t mess with my teammates | 但你不能整我的队友 |
[36:53] | or people I care about. | 或者我关心的人 |
[36:55] | That’s rather nice. | 还挺贴心的 |
[36:59] | I have my moments. | 我也有好的时候 |
[37:02] | And you might be right. | 你可能是对的 |
[37:04] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[37:05] | I can be a bit defensive around really smart people. | 在真正聪明的人面前我可能有点抵触性 |
[37:12] | I’m not that smart. | 我没那么聪明 |
[37:13] | Oh, I wasn’t talking about you. | 我说的不是你 |
[37:18] | Hi, Adam. | 你好 亚当 |
[37:19] | Hi, Ms. Campbell. | 你好 坎贝尔女士 |
[37:21] | Noah, it’s so nice to see you here. | 诺亚 在这见到你很高兴 |
[37:23] | Mom brings me every week. | 妈妈每周都带我来 |
[37:24] | That’s wonderful. | 那太棒了 |
[37:25] | By the way, she thinks it’s your guys’ fault | 顺便说一下 她认为是你们的错 |
[37:27] | that we lost the tournament. | 我们才输掉了比赛 |
[37:28] | Oh. She probably has a point. | 不无道理 |
[37:32] | Just remember, Noah. | 记住 诺亚 |
[37:33] | Winning is not everything. | 胜利不是一切 |
[37:35] | Adam said winning’s the best. | 亚当说能赢就是最好的 |
[37:37] | Now, I don’t know if I used those exact words. | 我可不记得我说过一模一样的话 |
[37:39] | You said only losers- | 你说只有失败者 |
[37:41] | Ok, Noah. So good to see you. | 好的 诺亚 很高兴见到你 |
[37:43] | Tell your mom I’ll pay for therapy. | 告诉你妈妈我会付治疗费的 |
[37:47] | Kids love me. | 孩子们都爱我 |
[37:50] | And parents… | 父母也爱 |
[37:52] | 亚当和玛莉 有猫腻噢? | |
[37:53] | You have got to make them retract this. | 你得让他们撤回这个报道 |
[37:56] | Why? | 为什么 |
[37:57] | Because we are not an item. | 因为我们不是一对 |
[38:00] | It doesn’t say that you are. | 这上面没说你们是呀 |
[38:01] | It asks a question | 它只是问了一个问题 |
[38:02] | which allows them to get away with just about anything. | 答案是什么他们都说得过去 |
[38:04] | I do not want people thinking this about us. | 我不想让人们这么想我们 |
[38:07] | About me. | 这么想我 |
[38:08] | The important thing is that they are thinking of you. | 重要的是他们在关注你 |
[38:11] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[38:12] | I mean, look at all these customers. | 我是说 看看这些顾客 |
[38:14] | We’ve had more people in the store today than we’ve had | 今天店里的人比以前多多了 |
[38:15] | in the past month combined. | 比过去一个月的总和还多 |
[38:17] | Yes, but most of them aren’t buying anything. | 是的 但大多数人什么都不买 |
[38:19] | They just wanna know if I’m dating Adam. | 他们只是想知道我是否在和亚当约会 |
[38:22] | And, like, what’s his favourite colour? | 或者 他最喜欢什么颜色 |
[38:24] | Which is green. | 他最喜欢绿色 |
[38:25] | Why do I know this? | 我为什么会知道这个 |
[38:28] | Mary, you just have to believe in the plan. | 玛莉 你只要相信这个计划就行了 |
[38:29] | Plan. | 计划 |
[38:31] | I’m looking for another good thing to put the two of you in | 我在找另一件好事让你们俩参与进去 |
[38:33] | but in the meantime we’re working on the big anniversary party. | 但同时我们还在推动大型周年聚会的工作 |
[38:36] | That’ll really be what turns things around. | 那将真正扭转局面 |
[38:38] | Right. | 好的 |
[38:38] | Ok. I have to go. Call you later. | 好的 我得走了 稍后给你打电话 |
[38:41] | Thanks, Janet. | 谢谢 珍妮特 |
[38:44] | I’m very proud of you, you know? | 我为你感到骄傲 知道吗 |
[38:46] | Me? | 为我 |
[38:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[38:49] | You’re trying new things. | 你在尝试新鲜事 |
[38:50] | Opening up to new ideas. | 敢于接受新思想 |
[38:51] | You’re excited about the possibility of what could- | 你对任何可能性都有热切的期待 |
[38:54] | What do you want? | 有话快放 |
[38:56] | I wanna record tonight’s Book Chat as a podcast. | 我想把今晚的读书会录成播客 |
[38:58] | No. | 不 |
[38:59] | No. | 不行 |
[39:01] | You know I don’t like talking in front of a lot of people. | 你知道我不喜欢在一大堆人面前讲话 |
[39:03] | It’s not like you’re gonna see them. | 你不会看到他们的 |
[39:04] | And besides, I’ll edit out the parts where you embarrass | 而且 我会把你说的家里人的坏话 |
[39:07] | our family and bring about the ruination of the store. | 和店里的惨状的话都剪掉 |
[39:18] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[39:19] | Got your message. What’s up? | 收到你的消息了 怎么了 |
[39:21] | Have you heard from Adam? | 你有亚当的消息吗 |
[39:22] | He was doing that library thing today | 今天他在做图书收藏的事 |
[39:23] | and I was expecting some sort of disaster. | 我预感可能有点不妙 |
[39:25] | No, it went fine, actually. | 不 实际上进展不错 |
[39:27] | In fact, did you see this? | 你看到这个了吗 |
[39:30] | 亚当和玛莉 有猫腻噢? | |
[39:31] | Oh. | 哦 |
[39:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:34] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[39:35] | I can live with that. | 雨我无瓜 |
[39:36] | Oh, that’s good. | 那就好 |
[39:38] | It doesn’t bother you? | 你不介意吗 |
[39:40] | Why would it bother me? | 为什么我要介意 |
[39:41] | Well, because you and Adam were- | 因为你和亚当之前在一 |
[39:42] | I broke up with him. | 我甩了他 |
[39:43] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[39:49] | Bother me. | 困扰我 |
[39:50] | That’s ridiculous. | 开玩笑 |
[39:54] | Hi everyone, and welcome to On the Same Page Book Chat. | 大家好 欢迎来到此页书店读书交流会 |
[39:57] | We’re recording a podcast today so if you wanna say something | 今天同时在录播客 所以如果谁想发言 |
[40:00] | use a microphone, ok? | 就用麦克风 好吗 |
[40:02] | Ok. | 好啊 |
[40:04] | Mary, over to you. | 玛莉 到你了 |
[40:05] | Ok. | 好啊 |
[40:09] | Uh, what book are we doing this week? | 这周我们品鉴哪本书 |
[40:15] | War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells. | 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯的《世界之战》 |
[40:22] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 迟到了 |
[40:25] | Oh, thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[40:28] | Mary, you were saying. | 玛莉 继续说 |
[40:30] | Yes. | 好 |
[40:32] | War-War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells, | 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯的这一本《世界之战》 |
[40:36] | often associated with the 1938 radio drama | 经常被人同1938年奥逊·威尔斯编导的 |
[40:39] | of the same name by Orson Wells. | 同名广播剧所联系起来 |
[40:41] | Oh, and also- | 等下 |
[40:42] | And-and say your name. | 说一下你的名字 |
[40:48] | Adam Clayborn. | 我是亚当·克雷波恩 |
[40:49] | Of the Denver Royals. | 来自丹佛冰球队 |
[40:51] | And I was gonna mention the Tom Cruise movie. | 我要提的是汤姆·克鲁斯的电影 |
[40:55] | I love that movie. | 我喜欢那部电影 |
[40:56] | Right? | 对吧 |
[40:57] | Adam, what did you think of the book? | 亚当 你觉得这本书怎么样 |
[40:59] | I thought it was great. | 我觉得很棒 |
[41:01] | Good, good. | 很好 很好 |
[41:02] | But uh, what’d you think about the themes? | 但是 你认为该书的主题是什么 |
[41:04] | What was H. G. Wells commenting on? | 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯真正要说的是什么 |
[41:08] | Uh, alien invasions are bad? | 外星人入侵很糟糕 |
[41:13] | Ok, that’s a good point. | 好的 这是一个很好的观点 |
[41:15] | But what about the issues of colonialism? | 但是怎么解释殖民主义的问题 |
[41:17] | I mean, the British Empire was making big moves at that time. | 大英帝国当时正在进行大量重大行动 |
[41:21] | Fine, but sometimes an alien is just an alien. | 没关系 有时外星人指的单纯是外星人 |
[41:23] | Sometimes an alien is the king of England. | 有时外星人实指英格兰国王 |
[41:25] | Are you saying we shouldn’t comment | 你是说我们不应该 |
[41:27] | on the deeper themes of novels? | 评论小说的深层次主题吗 |
[41:29] | No, I’m not saying that, | 不 我没那样说 |
[41:31] | but you also don’t wanna over think things. | 但你也不想过度思考那些事吧 |
[41:33] | This story is about two sides in a battle for Earth. | 这个故事是关于争夺地球之战的双方 |
[41:36] | It’s like an intergalactic hockey game. | 就像一场星际冰球比赛 |
[41:38] | But it’s also about the battle for survival of the human race. | 但这也是关于人类生存之战 |
[41:41] | I mean, these aliens are using heat rays | 而且 这些外星人在使用热射线 |
[41:42] | to decimate entire towns. | 摧毁整个城镇 |
[41:44] | Now, I’ve read a lot of books about hockey | 我读过很多关于冰球的书 |
[41:46] | and frankly I don’t see an equivalent. | 坦率地说 我看不到任何相通点 |
[41:48] | You’ve never taken a puck to the face. | 你从来没被冰球砸过脸 |
[41:51] | Fair enough, but I just think we should dig a little deeper. | 说的对 但我认为我们应该再深入一点 |
[41:54] | It doesn’t get deeper than the basic urge to survive. | 不会比对活着的渴望更深的 |
[41:56] | Yes, so you’re talking a basic human reaction to stress. | 是的 所以你在讨论重压下人类的本能 |
[41:59] | And you’re talking about fight or flight. | 而你指的是战斗还是逃跑 |
[42:01] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[42:13] | I still say you’re missing the point I was trying to make. | 我还是认为你没理解我要表达的点 |
[42:15] | Adam, let it go. | 亚当 过去了 |
[42:17] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[42:18] | But next week when we do Dracula I am not backing down. | 但下周《德古拉》的时候我可不会手软了 |
[42:20] | That was you backing down? | 你刚刚是手软了吗 |
[42:21] | Compared to how most of my disagreements with people end? | 也不想想我跟别人产生分歧都是什么下场 |
[42:23] | Good boy. | 真善良啊 |
[42:24] | I thought it was great. | 我觉得很棒 |
[42:25] | Mary, that’s the most I’ve ever seen you talk in Book Chat. | 玛莉 这是你在交流会上说的最多的一次 |
[42:27] | Well… | 是吗 |
[42:28] | You two are perfect together. | 你们俩真是天生一对 |
[42:34] | Uh, Tyler, we’re late for dinner. | 泰勒 我们晚餐要迟到了 |
[42:36] | Oh, um… I was gonna ask you guys | 我本来想问的 |
[42:37] | if you wanted to go grab something. | 你们想不想去吃点东西 |
[42:39] | Oh, weekly dinner at our parent’s house. | 我们每周例行去父母家吃晚饭 |
[42:40] | You’re welcome to come. | 欢迎你来 |
[42:42] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[42:43] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[42:44] | Really, it’s just the four of us, family thing- | 真的 只是我们四个人说些家庭琐事 |
[42:46] | They’ll love it. | 他们会欢迎你的 |
[42:47] | I mean, dad’s a huge hockey fan and mom always cooks too much. | 我爸是冰球迷 我妈总是做太多饭 |
[42:49] | It’s perfect. Come on. | 完美 来吧 |
[43:01] | Seriously, these two were fantastic together. | 说真的 这两样放一起很奇妙 |
[43:03] | You guys are gonna love the podcast. | 你们会喜欢播客的 |
[43:05] | Well, I think it’s great you’re trying new things | 我觉得你在商店里尝试新事物 |
[43:06] | in the store, honey. | 很好 亲爱的 |
[43:07] | Don’t you think so, Paul? | 你不这么认为吗 保罗 |
[43:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[43:10] | There’s something to be said for tried and true. | 尝试和事实还是有区别的 |
[43:12] | Maybe there’s room for both. | 也许两者可兼得 |
[43:15] | You know, I was thinking maybe we could add some sort of | 我在想也许我们可以增加一个 |
[43:19] | refreshment station. | 茶点供应柜台 |
[43:20] | Somewhere where people could get water or… coffee. | 给人们提供水或者咖啡 |
[43:25] | That sounds wonderful. | 听起来不错 |
[43:27] | That sounds unbelievable. | 听起来难以置信 |
[43:28] | I am open to new ideas. | 我乐于接受新思想 |
[43:36] | I am! | 真的 |
[43:39] | Sure. | 当然 |
[43:42] | You’re pretty quiet, Adam. | 你很安静 亚当 |
[43:45] | I’m just enjoying this. | 我只是享受其中 |
[43:46] | It’s like watching a really good play. | 就像看一场精彩的比赛 |
[43:48] | So family dinners weren’t like this | 所以你从小到大的 |
[43:50] | when you were growing up? | 家庭聚餐不是这样的吗 |
[43:51] | No. | 不 |
[43:52] | No, I grew up in the foster care system | 不 我在寄养制度下长大 |
[43:53] | so I was always bouncing from place to place. | 所以我总是从一个地方搬到另一个地方 |
[43:56] | I didn’t know that. | 我不知道你经历过这些 |
[43:58] | It wasn’t a big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[43:59] | There was this one family that was really into hockey | 有一个家庭非常喜欢冰球 |
[44:02] | so, ultimately, it was a good thing. | 所以到头来 还是件好事 |
[44:03] | That’s wonderful. | 太好了 |
[44:06] | You should be really proud | 你应该为你所达到的成就 |
[44:07] | of all that you’ve accomplished, Adam. | 感到骄傲 亚当 |
[44:11] | You know what I’d be really proud about? | 你们知道我应该为什么感到骄傲吗 |
[44:13] | Is finishing more of these potatoes. | 就是再多吃点这些土豆 |
[44:15] | Go ahead. | 放开吃 |
[44:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[44:31] | So, how’s things going with the team? | 那么 球队的情况如何 |
[44:33] | I’m still on the team so I’m taking that as a victory. | 我还在球队里 所以应该算是不错吧 |
[44:36] | Right. | 对 |
[44:38] | How’s working with my sister? | 和我姐姐一起工作怎么样 |
[44:42] | Great. | 好极了 |
[44:43] | It’s just peachy. | 美滋滋的 |
[44:45] | It’s ok, Adam. | 没关系 亚当 |
[44:47] | I love her, but it can be frustrating dealing with someone | 我爱她 但和一个总能 |
[44:49] | who can always find a book | 找到一本书证明她是对的 |
[44:50] | to prove she’s right and you’re wrong. | 而自己是错的人打交道很沮丧 |
[44:52] | Yes. | 没错 |
[44:53] | What is up with the books? | 这些书怎么回事 |
[44:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[44:55] | You’ll have to ask dad. | 你得问我爸 |
[44:56] | There’s a picture of her in a crib | 有张她在婴儿床上的照片 |
[44:57] | holding a copy of Little Women. | 举着一本《小妇人》 |
[45:00] | So she started early, huh? | 所以她很早开始就这样了吗 |
[45:01] | Yep. | 是的 |
[45:03] | Smartest person I know. | 是我认识的最聪明的人 |
[45:05] | Except for when it comes to relationships. | 除了面对各种关系时 |
[45:07] | Meaning…? | 什么意思 |
[45:09] | None of them could hold up to the heros in her books. | 正如她书中的英雄也从来不爱社交什么的 |
[45:13] | You invited him home for dinner? | 你邀请的他回家吃饭吗 |
[45:15] | Tyler invited him. | 泰勒邀请的 |
[45:17] | But it ended up being kind of ok. | 但结果似乎还挺不错 |
[45:20] | That is high praise coming from you. | 这是你能给出的很高的赞扬了 |
[45:22] | You’re starting to like him. | 你开始喜欢他了 |
[45:23] | I am not. | 我没有 |
[45:25] | Well, not in the way the local paper is inferring, anyway. | 反正不是媒体上说的那样 |
[45:28] | I didn’t mean it that way. | 我也没说是那样 |
[45:30] | You are spending a lot of time together. | 你们在一起的时间很多 |
[45:32] | Making each other nuts. | 互相对着干 |
[45:34] | Some might call that passion. | 有些人可能会称之为激情 |
[45:35] | Some shouldn’t call it that ’cause they’re wrong. | 那他们可就大错特错了 |
[45:37] | I think you guys are good for each other. | 我觉得你们两很合适 |
[45:39] | I’m not talking about just from a PR perspective. | 我不仅仅是从公关的角度来说的 |
[45:41] | Janet, this is all about the bookstore for me, alright? | 珍妮特 这都是为了我的书店好吗 |
[45:46] | Now, look. | 你看 现在 |
[45:47] | Sales are up but they’re nowhere near what they need to be. | 销售额是在上升 但还远远不够 |
[45:50] | Patience. | 耐心点 |
[45:51] | Trust in me, trust in the process, | 相信我 相信过程 |
[45:53] | everything will be fine. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[45:56] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[45:58] | Ok? | 好吗 |
[46:14] | Nice job, Noah. | 干得好 诺亚 |
[46:15] | Up high! | 有进步 |
[46:17] | Little more practice and you’ll be ready for the big leagues. | 再多练习一点 你就可以参加大联盟了 |
[46:19] | I can’t believe we get to practice here today. | 真不敢相信我们今天能在这里练习 |
[46:21] | I told my mom I wanted to be a hockey player like you. | 我跟我妈说想成为像你一样的冰球手 |
[46:23] | Oh yeah? | 是吗 |
[46:24] | What’d she say? | 那她说什么 |
[46:26] | Nothing. | 啥也没说 |
[46:27] | She just closed her eyes and put her hand on her face. | 她就这样闭上眼睛 把手放在脸上 |
[46:30] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[46:31] | What about your dad? | 那你爸爸呢 |
[46:34] | He moved to California. | 他搬去加州了 |
[46:37] | Well, I think it’s great that you want to be a hockey player. | 那你要是真想当个冰球手还是挺不错的 |
[46:40] | But maybe you should tell your mom you wanna be | 但你应该和你妈妈说 |
[46:42] | more like Wayne Gretzky. | 你更想成为韦恩·格雷茨基那样的人 |
[46:44] | Who’s Wayne Gretzky? | 韦恩·格雷茨基是谁 |
[46:47] | Why does everyone keep doing that? | 为啥大家老是这么做 |
[46:51] | Who’s Wayne Gretzky? | 这都问得出口 |
[46:56] | Thanks for helping today. | 谢谢你今天来帮我 |
[46:58] | Of course. | 谢什么 |
[46:59] | Except where was everyone? | 不过大家都去哪了 |
[47:00] | The photographers? Mary? | 那些拍照的 还有玛莉呢 |
[47:02] | This is off the books. | 这是额外投资 |
[47:03] | It’s a good group of kids. | 这帮小孩挺不错 |
[47:04] | I like helping so I’ve been doing some extra coaching | 我挺爱帮忙的 |
[47:06] | here and there. | 所以到处给人做教练 |
[47:07] | That is very… | 那可非常 |
[47:09] | Grown up of me? | 感觉我成熟了吗 |
[47:10] | I have my moments. | 我也有好的时候 |
[47:12] | We need you back on the team. | 我们队里需要你 |
[47:13] | I haven’t been able to get it together since you left. | 你走之后我一直都状态不佳 |
[47:16] | You’ve won three of the last five games. | 最后五场你赢了三场 |
[47:17] | We should have won all five. | 我们本该五场全赢的 |
[47:19] | Got a big game on the road tomorrow | 明天还有一场大比赛 |
[47:21] | and I wish you were gonna be there with us. | 希望你能和我们一起 |
[47:23] | I still have to do my penance. | 我弥补得还不够 |
[47:26] | Things with Mary getting any better? | 和玛莉的事发展得怎么样了 |
[47:28] | She’s not so bad I guess. | 他没我想象得那么坏 |
[47:30] | For you, that means you like her. | 你这么说我就当你喜欢她了 |
[47:32] | Does not. | 才没有 |
[47:34] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[47:35] | From what you’ve told me she is exactly what you need. | 根据你说的我觉得她就是你的菜 |
[47:37] | Somebody who stands up to you. | 那种敢站起来怼你的女人 |
[47:40] | I don’t think that’s what I need. | 我没说我要那样的 |
[47:41] | But even if I did she’s made it pretty clear | 就算我说过 她自己也说过 |
[47:44] | that she wants nothing to do with me or my world. | 她不想与我的世界有任何瓜葛 |
[47:47] | Well, have you shown her your world? | 那你给她看了你的世界了吗 |
[48:09] | Sarah, thank you so much for having us over | 萨拉 非常谢谢你邀请我们 |
[48:10] | to watch the game. | 来看比赛 |
[48:11] | Oh, hey. I love the company. | 不用谢 我喜欢有人陪着 |
[48:14] | I get so nervous watching these guys play on the road. | 我一个人看他们比赛总是慌慌张张的 |
[48:17] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[48:18] | The other team just scored. | 对面得分了 |
[48:20] | What do we say when the other team scores? | 对面得分了要怎么说 |
[48:21] | Boo! | 嘘 |
[48:23] | Boo, that’s right. | 没错 嘘 |
[48:25] | They should make the puck bigger | 他们应该把球做大点儿 |
[48:27] | so you can see it better on TV. | 不然在电视上看不清 |
[48:28] | That is a great idea. | 好主意 |
[48:30] | I’ll take your suggestions to the league. | 我会传达给委员会的 |
[48:33] | Ok, bud. | 好了 小家伙 |
[48:34] | Come on, bath time. | 去洗澡了 |
[48:35] | No! | 不要 |
[48:36] | Yeah. | 要 |
[48:37] | You can watch the rest of the game later, ok? | 洗完再看 行吗 |
[48:39] | Otherwise the claw will get you! | 不洗的话魔爪就会伸向你啦 |
[48:44] | Come on. | 快来 |
[48:46] | You guys need anything? | 你们要点儿啥吗 |
[48:47] | No, we’re good. | 不 我们不用 |
[48:48] | I’m-I’m good. | 我 我不用 |
[48:49] | Are you good? | 那你呢 |
[48:51] | I’m good. | 我不用 |
[48:52] | Ok, I’ll be back in a bit. | 那好 我过会儿回来 |
[49:02] | Thanks for coming today. | 谢谢你们今天能来 |
[49:03] | I know hockey isn’t your cup of tea. | 我知道你不爱看冰球 |
[49:05] | Well, Sarah and Graham are great and this hockey business | 没关系 萨拉和格拉翰人都挺好的 |
[49:09] | is growing on me. | 而且我也越来越喜欢冰球了 |
[49:10] | Careful, soon you’ll be a fanatic like me. | 当心了 很快你就会变成我这样的傻瓜 |
[49:14] | You really miss it, don’t you? | 你应该挺怀念的吧 |
[49:16] | Yeah, I really do. | 是啊 很怀念 |
[49:18] | It’s my whole life. | 冰球就是我的命 |
[49:19] | Is that stupid? | 听起来很蠢吗 |
[49:21] | Well, if it’s your whole life | 那要是冰球是你的命 |
[49:22] | then getting kicked off the team, | 你还被踢出了球队 |
[49:24] | probably not your best move. | 好想你打得不是很好嘛 |
[49:27] | Good point. | 说的不错 |
[49:28] | I suppose I should learn something from all this. | 这一整件事下来我应该学到点什么 |
[49:30] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[49:32] | Can I get back to you on that? | 不如你先回答 |
[49:36] | Well, what I’ve learned is that I am not clear | 我了解到自己其实对这个项目 |
[49:38] | on all the rules of this game. | 并非了如指掌 |
[49:43] | Well, sometimes the best way to learn is by doing. | 有时候 实践才出真知 |
[49:58] | This is not what I had in mind. | 我可没预料到会这样 |
[50:00] | You were the one who said you were open to new ideas. | 你自己说会接受新观点的 |
[50:07] | Ok… | 好吧 |
[50:24] | There you go. | 还不赖 |
[50:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[50:31] | Right. | 好了 |
[50:32] | We’ll have to work on your stopping skills, but not bad. | 你的急停技巧有待加强 不过不算太差 |
[50:34] | I just skated ten feet. | 我滑了两三米了 |
[50:35] | I think it’s a little bit early for “not bad”. | 现在说”不算太差”是不是还太早了 |
[50:38] | What if I fall down a lot? | 我要是摔了怎么办呢 |
[50:40] | You’re wearing enough protective gear to cushion a fall | 你穿了这么多防护工具 |
[50:43] | from space. | 足够缓冲了 |
[50:44] | Besides, it doesn’t matter how many times you fall down. | 而且 重要的不是你摔多少次 |
[50:46] | It only matters how many times you get back up again. | 重要的是你有多少次还能再站起来 |
[50:48] | Sounds like something my dad would say. | 这话说得好像我爸 |
[50:50] | Yeah. Because he’s awesome. | 当然了 他超棒的 |
[50:53] | Now, let’s work on how you’re holding that stick. | 现在来看看拿球棍的姿势 |
[50:55] | Yes. | 对 |
[50:56] | Let’s put your right hand at the top of the stick, like this. | 把右手放到顶部 像这样 |
[50:59] | Yeah, bring the stick out in front of you. | 没错 把球棍往身体前面带出来 |
[51:00] | Ok, there you go. Yeah. | 没错 试试 |
[51:02] | Now, left hand half way down. | 然后左手握住中下部 |
[51:03] | Perfect. Square yourself up to this puck. | 完美 然后对着这个冰球 |
[51:07] | So the puck should be at nine o’clock. | 冰球要在九点钟方向 |
[51:09] | Bring yourself forward. | 再往前点 |
[51:11] | Yeah, further. | 往前 |
[51:13] | A little more. Nice and square. | 再前一点 可以了 然后准备 |
[51:15] | Now, bring your stick back. | 然后抽回球棍 |
[51:17] | Not too far. | 别太远 |
[51:18] | And when you bring it forward make sure you make contact | 在你把球棍打出来之前 |
[51:20] | with the ice first before you hit the puck. | 要确保先碰冰面再碰球 |
[51:21] | Before? | 之前吗 |
[51:23] | Yeah. That way you’re getting full power of the shot. | 是的 这样你才能打出全力一击 |
[51:25] | Try it. | 试试 |
[51:26] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[51:27] | Before? | 之前啊 |
[51:28] | Before. | 之前 |
[51:41] | I hit it! | 我打中啦 |
[51:42] | I hit the puck! | 我打中球啦 |
[51:45] | Nice job. | 干得不错 |
[51:47] | Now you wanna hit it towards the net, which is that way. | 现在你要把它朝网那边打 在那边 |
[51:50] | Can’t I just savour this small victory first? | 就不能让我再好好享受享受吗 |
[51:52] | Yes, you may. | 那你享受吧 |
[51:59] | Are you alright? | 你没事吧 |
[52:00] | I’m fine. | 没事没事 |
[52:15] | Alright. | 好了 |
[52:20] | I have a fun idea for the anniversary. | 关于周年庆我有个好主意 |
[52:22] | What about doing a live version of the podcast? | 做个现场直播怎么样 |
[52:24] | Live? | 直播 |
[52:26] | You mean in front of people? | 面对一大群人吗 |
[52:28] | We do it in front of people now. | 我们不是天天见人吗 |
[52:29] | Well, maybe ten at the most. | 一天顶多十来个人 |
[52:31] | There’s gonna be way more than that at the party. | 庆典上肯定人山人海 |
[52:33] | You are going to be fine. | 没事的 |
[52:34] | Oh, and I saw this | 对了 我还看到了这个 |
[52:35] | and I want you two to do it. | 我想让你俩试试 |
[52:37] | Box race? | 箱子竞速 |
[52:39] | I just don’t see how decorating a box and sliding down a hill | 打扮一个箱子然后坐在里面从山上滑下来 |
[52:41] | is gonna help us. | 对我们有什么帮助吗 |
[52:42] | It’ll show you’re an active member of the community. | 它会展示你在社区里的活跃度 |
[52:44] | Sounds dangerous. | 听起来挺危险的 |
[52:45] | Sounds like fun to me. | 我觉得挺有趣的 |
[52:46] | Says the guy who runs around in sharp metal shoes, | 可不是吗 你还踩着尖刀 |
[52:49] | slamming into people. | 滑来滑去 见人就撞呢 |
[52:50] | Really? | 说啥呢 |
[52:51] | A lot. | 撞了不少 |
[52:52] | That’s your view of hockey even after hitting | 你昨晚跟我打完 |
[52:53] | the ice with me last night? | 还是这么想冰球的吗 |
[52:55] | What’s this? | 什么情况 |
[52:56] | It’s hardly the same thing. | 这是两码事儿 |
[52:57] | Oh, you were a natural. | 你还挺有天赋的 |
[52:59] | I’m sure there’s some hidden sledding talents | 我觉得你肯定也有滑雪的技能 |
[53:01] | in there, as well. | 就是没点开罢了 |
[53:02] | They would be well hidden. | 不点挺好 |
[53:05] | You’re impossible. | 无情无耻 |
[53:06] | You’re intractable. | 无理取闹 |
[53:12] | It shouldn’t be this difficult to come up with a theme. | 想出一个主题来不应该有这么难啊 |
[53:15] | Well, it has to be amazing. | 但必须得是个惊艳的主题 |
[53:16] | I wanna win this thing. | 我想赢 |
[53:17] | You are obsessed with winning. | 你真是赢上头了 |
[53:19] | Oh, please. | 可别说了 |
[53:20] | You’re the most competitive person I’ve ever met. | 你是我见过最爱比赛的人了 |
[53:23] | I am not competitive. | 我一点也不爱比赛 |
[53:25] | At least not about winning. | 至少不爱赢 |
[53:26] | Anyway, I think I just like to be- | 反正我觉得我只想安安静静地当个 |
[53:29] | The smartest person in the room? | 天才吗 |
[53:30] | Are you calling me a snob again? | 又来了吗 |
[53:31] | No, most of the time you probably are the smartest person | 不过确实 大多数时候 |
[53:33] | in the room. | 你确实挺聪明的 |
[53:34] | That’s not being a snob, that’s just being right. | 不是附庸风雅 只是坚持真理 |
[53:37] | Yes, well, sometimes being right does come | 确实 有时候坚持真理 |
[53:40] | at the expense of being liked. | 就意味着被恶语相向 |
[53:42] | Well, I’m very familiar with not being liked. | 这我倒是深有体会 |
[53:45] | Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
[53:47] | You have fans, friends, relationships- | 你有粉丝 有朋友 有情人 |
[53:49] | Not ones that have lasted. | 每一个长的 |
[53:51] | Yes, but you don’t really strike me | 当然了 你看起来也不像那种 |
[53:52] | as the settling down type. | 会长久的人 |
[53:54] | I don’t know, if the right person were to come along. | 说不定呢 万一遇到真爱了呢 |
[53:56] | Ah, yes. | 也对 |
[53:58] | The elusive right person. | 并不存在的真爱 |
[54:01] | You haven’t found yours yet, either, huh? | 你也没找到你的真爱 对吧 |
[54:05] | Have you ever read a book that was so good | 你看书的时候有没有觉得一本书 |
[54:08] | you just didn’t ever want it to end? | 好看到让你不想把它看完 |
[54:11] | I guess I’ve just never really met a person | 我想我只是从来没有遇到过 |
[54:14] | who made me feel the same way. | 让我有这种感觉的人吧 |
[54:17] | There’s nothing wrong with waiting | 老实呆着 等着那本书出现 |
[54:18] | for the right book to come along. | 也没什么不好 |
[54:19] | At least I don’t think so. | 反正我是这么觉得 |
[54:24] | Yes, well, you get hit in the head a lot, | 当然了 你的脑袋也饱经战事不好使了 |
[54:27] | so can we trust your opinion? | 所以你的话能信吗 |
[54:30] | So, Miss Competitive, | 那么 这位女强人 |
[54:31] | what are we gonna do to win this adventure? | 我们怎么做才能赢了这场冒险 |
[54:35] | Adventure. | 冒险 |
[54:39] | Tom Sawyer. | 像汤姆·索亚那样 |
[54:40] | A raft. | 皮筏艇 |
[54:51] | These sleds are incredible. | 这些雪橇简直不可思议 |
[54:56] | And yours is fantastic. | 而且你的简直太棒了 |
[55:00] | This hill looks pretty icy. | 这座山结的冰真够多的 |
[55:02] | Mary, are you sure you’re up for this? | 玛莉 你确定你想好了吗 |
[55:03] | Not thinking about it. | 毫无疑问 |
[55:05] | It’s a cardboard box on a snow-covered hill. | 不过是在雪山上滑的硬纸板盒子 |
[55:06] | Even if we fall off I’m sure we’ll survive it. | 就算我们摔倒 我也敢保证不会有事的 |
[55:09] | And on that happy note, | 那还真是不错 |
[55:10] | I’m off to see your photographer. | 我要见见你的摄影师 |
[55:12] | Ok. | 好的 |
[55:17] | We don’t have to do this if you’re scared. | 你要是害怕 我们就不玩了 |
[55:18] | I’m not scared. | 我不害怕 |
[55:21] | I’m a little bit scared. | 我还是有点害怕的 |
[55:23] | Think about something else. | 想想别的事吧 |
[55:24] | Tell me what your future holds. | 和我说说你未来的打算 |
[55:26] | Great. | 好啊 |
[55:27] | I want the bookstore to be a success, | 我想把书店经营得很成功 |
[55:29] | obviously, and… I wanna travel, you know? | 这是废话了 而且我想旅游 知道吗 |
[55:34] | I wanna go to Paris or Bali or… | 我想去巴黎或者巴厘岛或者 |
[55:38] | I miss being on the road. | 我想念在路上的日子 |
[55:40] | I don’t do well if I’m in the same place for too long. | 我在同一个地方呆太久就没什么兴趣了 |
[55:42] | Is that why you changed teams so many times? | 所以你就换了这么多次队伍吗 |
[55:44] | That, and the owners of those teams wanted me | 没错 而且别的队的老板也想要我 |
[55:47] | to be somewhere else. | 去别的地方工作 |
[55:49] | Chicken, egg. | 鸡生蛋蛋生鸡一样 说不清 |
[55:51] | Right. | 没错 |
[55:52] | Yeah. | 对 |
[55:53] | But maybe you were just breaking up with them | 可也许你只是在他们解雇你之前 |
[55:56] | before they could break up with you. | 自己先辞职了 |
[56:01] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[56:04] | So what else is in your future? | 所以你将来还有什么打算 |
[56:05] | Marriage? Children? White picket fence? | 结婚生子吗 围个白尖小栅栏过日子 |
[56:08] | I guess that’s the idea, yeah. | 我猜应该就是这样吧 |
[56:11] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[56:12] | Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have a son, | 有时候我在想如果我有个儿子会怎样 |
[56:15] | or a daughter, I could teach how to skate. | 或者女儿 我可以教他们怎么滑雪 |
[56:18] | Make sure they have a good home. | 保证他们有个幸福的家 |
[56:20] | Good family. | 美满的家庭 |
[56:23] | Be a good dad. | 当个好爸爸 |
[56:24] | I think you’d be a great dad. | 我觉得你会是个好爸爸的 |
[56:27] | You think so? | 真的吗 |
[56:28] | Yeah. | 对 |
[56:30] | I mean, you’re a big kid. | 我是说 你就像个大男孩 |
[56:32] | You’d have someone to play with. | 得来个人陪你一起玩 |
[56:35] | See? | 对吧 |
[56:36] | You were almost nice to me there. | 你刚才对我差点就可以称为”暖心”了 |
[56:38] | That was close. | 真是差一点了 |
[56:40] | Hey, Adam. | 嘿 亚当 |
[56:41] | I’m getting good at that shot you showed me at practice. | 你教我的射门练习我越来越熟练了 |
[56:43] | That’s great. | 真是不错 |
[56:44] | I’m looking forward to seeing it. | 我都等不及要看看了 |
[56:45] | Practice? | 练习 |
[56:46] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[56:47] | I’ve been helping out a little bit with the team. | 我一直在给他的队伍帮点忙 |
[56:49] | He’s been helping a lot with the team. | 他给队里帮了大忙了 |
[56:50] | I think we’re gonna win the next game. | 我觉得我们下场比赛肯定能赢 |
[56:53] | Cool sled. | 这雪橇真棒 |
[56:54] | Thanks, Noah. | 多谢 诺亚 |
[56:55] | Which one’s yours? | 你的在哪呢 |
[56:57] | Oh, I’m not doing it this year. | 今年我不参加了 |
[57:00] | Mom didn’t have time to make one. | 妈妈没时间做雪橇了 |
[57:06] | You know, Noah, Mary… she’s a little bit scared | 那个 诺亚 玛莉她有点害怕 |
[57:10] | to ride down this hill. | 坐着雪橇下山 |
[57:12] | It’s very icy. | 到处都是冰 |
[57:15] | So maybe you could ride with us? | 所以也许你可以和我们一起滑雪橇 |
[57:16] | Help Mary be not so scared. | 帮帮玛莉让她别那么害怕 |
[57:19] | Really? That would be awesome. | 真的吗 那真是太棒了 |
[57:23] | Did you bring your helmet? | 你带头盔了吗 |
[57:32] | Everybody ready? | 都准备好了吗 |
[57:34] | Oh yeah. | 当然 |
[57:46] | Look at them! | 快看他们 |
[57:47] | Yes! Go! | 好啊 冲啊 |
[57:53] | Come on, Mary! | 加油啊 玛莉 |
[57:56] | Shark is choking! | 鲨鱼号真是激动人心 |
[57:57] | They’re doing great. | 他们滑得太漂亮了 |
[58:01] | They’re going pretty fast. | 他们滑得挺快的 |
[58:03] | They’re going very fast. | 他们滑得的确超级快 |
[58:07] | Oh, ok, ok, ok! | 哦 好吧好吧 |
[58:08] | Ok, look out! | 好了 当心 |
[58:09] | Wait a minute! | 等一下 |
[58:10] | Watch out! | 当心 |
[58:17] | Are you guys ok? | 你们还好吗 |
[58:21] | Yeah, we’re fine. | 没事 我们很好 |
[58:22] | I wanna do it again! | 我还想再来一次 |
[58:26] | What? | 什么 |
[58:37] | Alright, last one. | 最后再来一次 |
[58:38] | Alright. | 好的 |
[58:43] | I had fun today. | 今天我玩的真开心 |
[58:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[58:45] | I did, too. | 我也很开心 |
[58:46] | So did Noah. | 诺亚也很开心 |
[58:47] | It was really nice what you did. | 你所做的一切真的很棒 |
[58:48] | Well, I’m glad. | 那我就很高兴了 |
[58:50] | I know what it’s like not to have a dad around | 我终于知道没有老爸在身边 |
[58:51] | to do those things with. | 是什么感觉了 |
[58:58] | Well, I should call a cab. | 我得叫辆出租车了 |
[59:05] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[59:22] | I’m a genius. | 我简直是个天才 |
[59:24] | If you do say so yourself. | 如果你非要这么说自己的话 |
[59:26] | Well, just look at all the good press you two have gotten. | 看看你们俩拿下的这些大牌出版社 |
[59:28] | People are starting to love you. | 人们已经开始爱上你们了 |
[59:30] | Mary, aren’t you starting to love him? | 玛莉 难道你没有开始爱上他们吗 |
[59:31] | What? No. | 什么 并没有 |
[59:34] | What do you mean? | 你想说什么 |
[59:35] | I mean we wanted to improve Adam’s image | 我的意思是我们想提升亚当的形象 |
[59:38] | and get more business for the bookstore | 为店里带来更多的生意 |
[59:39] | and we are doing both. | 而且我们确实两件事都在做 |
[59:40] | Even Erica’s starting to come around. | 连艾丽卡都开始过来了 |
[59:42] | I may get the suspension lifted. | 我没准要官复原职了 |
[59:43] | That’s amazing. | 真棒 |
[59:44] | Mary, isn’t that amazing? | 玛莉 难道不是很棒吗 |
[59:45] | Hmm? Yes. What? No. | 嗯 对 什么 一点儿都不 |
[59:48] | Adam getting his job back isn’t amazing? | 亚当官复原职难道不是件好事吗 |
[59:50] | Oh, yes. | 当然了 |
[59:51] | That’s-yeah, that’s good. That’s really good. | 那真是 很棒 真是不错 |
[59:55] | Hey, what’s up with you today? | 嘿 你今天怎么了 |
[1:00:00] | Look, I’m happy that this is going so well for Adam, | 听着 亚当有好的事我很高兴 |
[1:00:04] | I really am. | 我真的很高兴 |
[1:00:05] | But we have a long way to go with the bookstore. | 但我们的书店经营还有很长的路要走 |
[1:00:08] | Business is up, isn’t it? | 现在生意还挺好的 不是吗 |
[1:00:11] | It is, but- | 这倒是 不过 |
[1:00:12] | Not by enough. | 还不够好 |
[1:00:14] | Well, that’s why we’re making the 40th anniversary party | 这也就是为什么在这周六 |
[1:00:17] | this Saturday such a blow-out. | 我们要办四十周年庆典这么豪华的派对 |
[1:00:19] | We’re talking the live podcast, games, food… | 我们有现场直播 游戏 食物 |
[1:00:23] | we still could use a showcase idea | 现在博人眼球的主意都要放在备选了 |
[1:00:24] | but I think it’s gonna be a huge success. | 不过我认为一定会取得大成功的 |
[1:00:27] | But aren’t we worried about it just being temporary? | 可我们不该想想那不过是一时的吗 |
[1:00:28] | I mean, we could sell a ton of books that day | 我是说 我们当天就能卖出成百上千的书 |
[1:00:30] | but how do we make it last? | 可我们怎样能让这种盛况继续呢 |
[1:00:32] | Sales aren’t the only thing we’re going for. | 促销并不是我们的唯一目的 |
[1:00:33] | You want to build your customer base. | 你得打好客户基础 |
[1:00:35] | Mailing list sign-ups, podcast downloads, | 发个注册邮件啊 下载播客啊 |
[1:00:38] | social media hits. | 建立起社交媒体 |
[1:00:39] | Hashtag OTSP40. | 主题就叫”OTSP40″ |
[1:00:43] | On the Same Page 40th. | 此页书店 40周年 |
[1:00:46] | That-that’s great. | 的确很好 |
[1:00:47] | It is, but… | 很好 不过 |
[1:00:50] | What? | 不过什么 |
[1:00:54] | I was up late last night. | 我昨天睡得很晚 |
[1:00:56] | I just couldn’t sleep so I was going over the numbers | 我就是睡不着 于是开始列举 |
[1:00:59] | and if this party doesn’t work, if it isn’t a huge success… | 要是派对办得不好 要是没能大成功 |
[1:01:08] | we have to close the store. | 我们就得闭店关门了 |
[1:01:22] | So how come you didn’t tell me | 所以店里的事情这么糟 |
[1:01:24] | how bad things are at the store? | 你怎么能不告诉我呢 |
[1:01:26] | You have your own problems. | 你有你自己的事要忙 |
[1:01:27] | I didn’t-I didn’t know if you’d care. | 我不知道你这么关心店里的事 |
[1:01:28] | Of course I care. | 我当然关心了 |
[1:01:30] | I mean, we’re in this together, aren’t we? | 我是说 我们不是共同经历这些的吗 |
[1:01:34] | It’s embarrassing. | 太丢人了 |
[1:01:35] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[1:01:37] | A few days ago you were flinging yourself down a hill. | 几天前你还玩雪橇滑下山呢 |
[1:01:39] | That person doesn’t get embarrassed. | 那位小姐可一点都不觉得丢人 |
[1:01:41] | Yeah, but that person is also elusive, you know? | 但那位小姐的性格难以捉摸 你知道吗 |
[1:01:44] | She’s not always there when you need her. | 你需要她的时候 她不会一直陪着你的 |
[1:01:47] | We’re gonna figure this out. | 那我们得好好聊聊这事了 |
[1:01:49] | Our number one mission is to make sure the anniversary party | 我们的首要任务就是要确保周年庆典 |
[1:01:51] | is a huge success. | 能取得巨大成功 |
[1:01:52] | What about getting you back on the team? | 让你重回球队 怎么样 |
[1:01:54] | That’ll happen. I’m not worried. | 那是早晚的事 我不担心 |
[1:01:56] | Erica’s coming around. | 艾丽卡要来了 |
[1:01:57] | Yeah? You guys are getting along? | 是吗 你们已经认识了吗 |
[1:01:59] | Yeah, sort of. | 算是吧 |
[1:02:00] | Let’s just say I don’t feel the need to search her hands | 这么说吧 见到她以后 |
[1:02:03] | for weapons when we meet anymore. | 我就感觉我用不着她帮忙了 |
[1:02:05] | Check my hands? | 想看看我手上的东西吗 |
[1:02:07] | Constantly. | 早就想了 |
[1:02:08] | I’m a little nervous about that staple gun. | 我有点害怕那个钉枪 |
[1:02:09] | You should be. | 确实挺可怕的 |
[1:02:10] | I don’t think there’s a safety. | 我觉得有点不安全 |
[1:02:13] | Why don’t you and I go for dinner tonight? | 不如我们俩今晚去吃个饭 |
[1:02:15] | We can try to come up with that showcase idea | 我们可以想想怎么博人眼球 |
[1:02:17] | and talk about the live podcast. | 并且谈论一下现场直播的事 |
[1:02:19] | You’re not still nervous about doing that, are you? | 你不会还在紧张吧 |
[1:02:22] | Get up in front of dozens of strangers… just talk? | 只不过是当着人山人海大侃特侃而已 |
[1:02:26] | No. | 当然不紧张 |
[1:02:27] | Why would I be nervous? | 有什么好紧张的 |
[1:02:29] | The only thing that makes it even a little bit ok | 唯一能给我一点安慰的就是 |
[1:02:32] | is knowing that you and Tyler | 我知道你和泰勒 |
[1:02:35] | are going to be up there with me. | 会一直陪着我 |
[1:02:36] | I promise, we’ll come up with something brilliant. | 我保证 我们肯定能想出来很棒的主意 |
[1:02:40] | So, dinner? | 那 去吃饭吧 |
[1:02:42] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:02:43] | That would be- that would be great. | 挺 挺不错的 |
[1:02:46] | You’re going out for dinner with her? | 你要和她一起去吃晚餐吗 |
[1:02:48] | I thought you said you didn’t like her. | 我以为你说你不喜欢她 |
[1:02:49] | I don’t not like her. | 我是不喜欢她 |
[1:02:51] | She just drives me crazy. | 她简直把我逼疯了 |
[1:02:53] | Oh, here we go. | 那就是了 |
[1:02:54] | What? | 什么 |
[1:02:56] | That’s even worse than saying she’s not that bad, | 比说”她没那么坏”更糟 |
[1:02:57] | and I heard you say those exact words before. | 而且我以前听你说过这些话 |
[1:03:02] | What usually comes next | 接下来通常是 |
[1:03:03] | is a completely unhealthy relationship | 与你曾经觉得绝对不可能的人 |
[1:03:05] | with someone you definitely shouldn’t be with | 开始一段非常不健康的关系 |
[1:03:07] | and then it ends in yelling and in tears. | 并且这段关系最终以喊叫和眼泪结束 |
[1:03:09] | A lot of tears. | 让你流许多眼泪 |
[1:03:12] | It’s not true. | 不是那样的 |
[1:03:14] | Victoria, Danielle- | 维多利亚 丹妮艾尔 |
[1:03:15] | Ok. | 行了行了 |
[1:03:16] | Well, maybe I’ve changed. | 不过 说不定我已经变了呢 |
[1:03:17] | You’re the one that keeps telling me to grow up. | 你是那个一直叫我学会成长的人 |
[1:03:18] | It doesn’t happen over night. | 这不是一夜之间发生的 |
[1:03:20] | Unless… unless she’s your soulmate | 除非 除非她是你的灵魂伴侣 |
[1:03:23] | and she’s performed a miracle on you. | 她还在你身上创造了奇迹 |
[1:03:25] | Is that what happened? | 是这样的吗 |
[1:03:28] | It’s just a dinner. | 就是一顿晚餐而已 |
[1:03:29] | We’re just gonna talk about the anniversary party. | 我们只是要去讨论关于周年纪念聚会的事 |
[1:03:31] | It’s totally innocent. | 非常单纯 |
[1:03:32] | I’ve heard those words before, too. | 我之前也听过这些话 |
[1:03:34] | Erica. | 艾丽卡 |
[1:03:35] | No, Erica was different. | 不 艾丽卡不一样 |
[1:03:36] | Erica, right behind you. | 艾丽卡就在你后面 |
[1:03:41] | Adam, can I see you in my office? | 亚当 能到我办公室来一下吗 |
[1:03:44] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[1:03:46] | I’ve got a dinner meeting. | 我晚餐还有约呢 |
[1:03:47] | Yes, it’s important. | 就现在 这很重要 |
[1:03:50] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[1:03:51] | Just let me make a quick call and change first. | 但先让我打个电话更改一下 |
[1:03:57] | I’m sure it’s fine. | 我确定会没事的 |
[1:04:11] | Hello? | 你好 |
[1:04:12] | Mary, hi. It’s Adam. | 玛莉 嗨 我是亚当 |
[1:04:14] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[1:04:15] | Are you on your way? | 你在路上了吗 |
[1:04:16] | Uh, no. | 还没 |
[1:04:17] | I just got called into a meeting with Erica. | 我刚被叫去和艾丽卡开会 |
[1:04:21] | Erica. | 艾丽卡 |
[1:04:22] | Is everything ok? | 一切还好吗 |
[1:04:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:04:24] | But I’m not sure how long it’s gonna take | 但是我不确定要花多长时间 |
[1:04:25] | so I didn’t wanna leave you hanging. | 所以我不想让你一直等 |
[1:04:29] | Uh… alright. | 好吧 |
[1:04:30] | Well, um… don’t worry about it. | 好 不用担心 |
[1:04:32] | We can-we can just do it another night. | 我们可以 我们可以改天晚上再约 |
[1:04:34] | We don’t need to cancel, just- | 不需要取消 只是 |
[1:04:35] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[1:04:36] | It’s not a big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[1:04:37] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[1:04:39] | Well, ok. | 好吧 那行 |
[1:04:41] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[1:04:43] | We’ll talk tomorrow? | 我们明天再聊好吗 |
[1:04:45] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[1:04:46] | Bye. | 拜 |
[1:05:01] | What’s going on? | 有什么事 |
[1:05:03] | I wanted to talk to you about getting you back on the team. | 我想和你谈谈关于你回到队里的事 |
[1:05:06] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:05:07] | Really. | 真的 |
[1:05:08] | Erica, that’s amazing. | 艾丽卡 这太不可思议了 |
[1:05:09] | Fantastic. | 太好了 |
[1:05:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:05:12] | Ok, don’t get too excited. | 好了 不要太兴奋了 |
[1:05:13] | There are a few conditions. | 有几个条件 |
[1:05:15] | Name them. | 说吧 |
[1:05:16] | It’s probationary. | 这只是一次试用 |
[1:05:17] | One wrong step and you have to serve out | 错了一步你就必须回去把剩下的 |
[1:05:19] | the rest of your suspension. | 停职时间过完 |
[1:05:20] | Got it. | 明白 |
[1:05:21] | Walking the straight and narrow. | 走那条直且窄的路 |
[1:05:23] | It’s a deal. | 我们商量好了 |
[1:05:24] | And we are throwing a party for the VIP ticket-holders. | 我们正在为持有贵宾票的人办一个聚会 |
[1:05:26] | Press will be there. | 媒体也会到场 |
[1:05:28] | So will my father. | 我父亲也会在 |
[1:05:30] | You’ll have to get up in front of all those people | 你必须在所有人面前站起来 |
[1:05:32] | and apologize for your behaviour. | 并为你的行为道歉 |
[1:05:34] | Easy. | 小菜一碟 |
[1:05:36] | Sorry I’m a jerk. | 对不起 我是个混蛋 |
[1:05:37] | Done. | 说完了 |
[1:05:38] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[1:05:39] | You have to take this seriously. | 你要严肃的对待这件事情 |
[1:05:41] | You need to eat a little crow and then we’ll get you back | 你需要吃点苦头然后我们才能让你 |
[1:05:44] | on the team. | 回到队里 |
[1:05:47] | I can do that. | 我可以 |
[1:05:50] | I can take it serious, I promise. | 我会认真的去做的 我保证 |
[1:05:52] | When is it? | 聚会在什么时候 |
[1:05:53] | Saturday. | 星期六 |
[1:05:57] | Wait, this Saturday? | 等一下 这个星期六吗 |
[1:05:59] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:06:00] | That’s the night of the bookstore’s 40th anniversary. | 那是庆祝书店成立40周年聚会的晚上 |
[1:06:02] | Well, you’ll have to miss it. | 好吧 那你不得不错过它了 |
[1:06:03] | I can’t. | 我不能不去 |
[1:06:04] | I’m emceeing the auction, I’m signing autographs… | 我要主持拍卖会 要签名 |
[1:06:07] | I’m doing a live Book Chat with Mary. | 我要和玛莉一起做现场读书交流会 |
[1:06:08] | Adam, what’s more important to you? | 亚当 什么对你更重要 |
[1:06:10] | This bookstore or your career? | 那家书店还是你的事业 |
[1:06:18] | I’ll see you Saturday. | 我们周六见 |
[1:06:47] | So… Mary… we’re- we’re really excited | 所以 玛莉 我们 我们为 |
[1:06:52] | about the party Saturday night. | 周六晚上的聚会感到很兴奋 |
[1:06:54] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:06:55] | It’s gonna be great for the big bookstore. | 对大书店来说这会很棒 |
[1:06:57] | I- I hope so. | 我 我希望如此 |
[1:06:59] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:07:04] | Ok, what is it? | 好吧 怎么了 |
[1:07:09] | What do you mean? | 你在说什么 |
[1:07:11] | You haven’t said more than ten words. | 你说的话都没有超过十个词 |
[1:07:13] | Usually you’ve said more than ten words | 通常你早就超过了十个词 |
[1:07:15] | before you come in the door. | 在你进门之前 |
[1:07:18] | You’re-you’re right. | 你们 你们是对的 |
[1:07:19] | I have had a lot on my mind but everything is fine. | 我脑子里想的东西有点多 不过没事 |
[1:07:26] | Ok, Tyler spill- | 好吧 泰勒 说吧 |
[1:07:27] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[1:07:28] | We don’t need to drag me into this. | 不需要把我扯进来 |
[1:07:29] | Hey, it’s a family dinner. | 这可是家庭晚餐 |
[1:07:31] | You were dragged into it by being born. | 从你出生起你就不得不扯在其中了 |
[1:07:46] | The truth is there is a lot riding on this, uh, | 事实上关于周年纪念聚会 |
[1:07:49] | anniversary party. | 还有很多事情要做 |
[1:07:52] | If it doesn’t work we-we will have to close the store. | 如果做不好 就 就必须把店关掉 |
[1:07:58] | Oh, sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[1:07:59] | Oh, Mary. | 玛莉 |
[1:08:00] | This is not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[1:08:03] | The store was struggling when we retired. | 我们退休时这家书店就已经很糟糕了 |
[1:08:05] | We even thought about closing it to save you | 我们甚至有想过把店关掉 |
[1:08:08] | from having to deal with the responsibility. | 免得让你来承担这个责任 |
[1:08:10] | We knew it was gonna happen at some point. | 我们知道这种情况总会发生的 |
[1:08:12] | But I didn’t. | 但我没想到 |
[1:08:15] | On the Same Page is not just a responsibility. | 那对我来说不仅仅是责任 |
[1:08:18] | It’s our family. | 这是我们的家 |
[1:08:20] | No, no. | 不 不是这样 |
[1:08:21] | This is our family. | 这才是我们的家 |
[1:08:24] | Right here. | 就在这 |
[1:08:25] | And we will be here even if the bookstore isn’t, | 并且即使书店不在了我们也还在这里 |
[1:08:29] | sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[1:08:34] | So you’re not mad? | 所以你们不生气吗 |
[1:08:36] | How could we be mad at you? | 我们怎么会对你生气呢 |
[1:08:41] | Well, we’re not done trying yet. | 不过 事情还没结束呢 别放弃 |
[1:08:44] | And the anniversary party can still work. | 而且周年纪念聚会还是得开 |
[1:08:47] | And Adam’s helping out, right? | 亚当也在帮忙 对吗 |
[1:08:50] | I don’t wanna have to count on him. | 我不想去指望着他 |
[1:09:09] | Hey, Adam. | 亚当 |
[1:09:10] | What’re you doing here? | 你在这干嘛 |
[1:09:12] | I was looking for Mary. | 我在找玛莉 |
[1:09:13] | I tried to call her. | 我试着打电话给她 |
[1:09:14] | Oh yeah, no, she went down to City Hall to get the permit | 对 她去市政厅拿 |
[1:09:16] | for tomorrow night’s Winterfest party. | 明天晚上的冬季聚会的许可了 |
[1:09:18] | Well, when you see her will you let her know | 好吧 你要是看到她请告诉她 |
[1:09:20] | I really need to talk to her please? | 我有话对她说 好吗 |
[1:09:22] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[1:09:23] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[1:09:25] | Adam? | 亚当 |
[1:09:28] | You’ve come a long way, you know. | 这一路来不容易 |
[1:09:32] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[1:09:34] | Well, you’ve faced a lot of challenges in your life. | 你在生活中遇到了很多挑战 |
[1:09:38] | You’re a good man, | 你是个好男人 |
[1:09:40] | and you’ve made such a positive impact on Mary. | 并且你肯定带给玛莉许多积极的影响 |
[1:09:43] | This bookstore, this is her entire world. | 这家书店 这是她的全世界 |
[1:09:48] | Has been since she was a little kid. | 从她还是个小孩子开始 |
[1:09:51] | And sometimes she forgets | 有的时候她会忘记 |
[1:09:52] | there’s a whole other world out there, | 外面有一个完全不同的世界 |
[1:09:54] | but these last few weeks she’s been out having fun, | 不过最近几周她开始出去玩 |
[1:09:58] | taking chances. | 去冒险 |
[1:10:00] | Yeah, but a lot of the stuff we did was | 对 不过我们做的许多事情 |
[1:10:02] | because Janet told us to. | 都是因为珍妮特让我们去做的 |
[1:10:05] | And you had no say in the matter, huh? | 你在这件事上没有发言权吗 |
[1:10:08] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[1:10:09] | Adam, Mary wouldn’t have done all those things | 亚当 如果玛莉自己不想做的话 |
[1:10:12] | if she didn’t want to. | 她是不会做这些事的 |
[1:10:14] | And she certainly wouldn’t have done it alone. | 而且她肯定不能独自完成这些事 |
[1:10:19] | You have made an impact, son. | 你帮了她很大的忙 孩子 |
[1:10:22] | Whether you intended to or not. | 无论你本意是否如此 |
[1:10:25] | You’re pretty good with the impact yourself. | 你很擅长影响[撞击]别人 |
[1:10:29] | Yeah, and I do it without a helmet. | 对 我还可以不用头盔 |
[1:10:34] | Thanks, Paul. | 谢了 保罗 |
[1:10:49] | So I watched the game on TV last night and I think | 我昨天晚上在电视上看了比赛 我觉得 |
[1:10:55] | it’s possible that number 16 is not getting enough contact | 有可能16号选手在他击球之前 |
[1:10:58] | with the ice before he shoots. | 与冰面的联系不够 |
[1:11:02] | Now you’re a hockey expert? | 现在你成了冰球专家吗 |
[1:11:04] | I think I bring a fresh academic perspective, yes. | 对 我觉得我带来了一个新的学术[专业]观点 |
[1:11:06] | Because that’s what you want when you’ve got | 只有档你面前有一群大块头 |
[1:11:08] | a bunch of huge guys coming at you, | 朝你跑过来的时候 |
[1:11:09] | is an academic perspective. | 脑子里想的才是真正的专业观点 |
[1:11:10] | Well, I think there’s room for a lot | 我想应该应该有足够的时间反应 |
[1:11:12] | more than hit with stick now. | 而不是把脸凑上去 |
[1:11:13] | You’re impossible. | 无情无耻 |
[1:11:14] | You’re intractable. | 无理取闹 |
[1:11:20] | So… why did you ask me to meet you here? | 所以 你为什么让我到这来见你 |
[1:11:26] | This place… it’s my home. | 这个地方 是我的家 |
[1:11:31] | And I’ve really missed it, but… | 并且我非常想念它 但 |
[1:11:33] | But what? Out with it. | 但是什么 说清楚呀 |
[1:11:37] | The team is hosting a big VIP event and they want me | 球队在举办一场盛大的VIP活动 |
[1:11:40] | to attend as a condition for taking me back. | 他们希望我参加作为我回归的条件 |
[1:11:44] | That’s great. What’s the problem? | 很好 有什么问题 |
[1:11:46] | It’s tomorrow night. | 就在明天晚上 |
[1:11:59] | You have to do it. | 你必须参加 |
[1:12:01] | What about the anniversary party? | 周年派对怎么办 |
[1:12:03] | Adam, it’s your career. | 亚当 这是你的职业 |
[1:12:05] | It’s what you’ve been doing all this for. | 这是你一直追求的 |
[1:12:09] | I’m all over the advertising for the party. | 我全权负责派对推广 |
[1:12:11] | I’m a big part of the event. | 我是活动重要的一部分 |
[1:12:12] | If I don’t show, | 如果我缺席 |
[1:12:13] | What, so now you’re so important | 难道现在你已经重要到 |
[1:12:14] | that it can’t go on without you? | 没了你派对就开不了吗 |
[1:12:21] | I know what you’re trying to do. | 我知道你想干嘛 |
[1:12:24] | You’re trying to make me mad so I walk away from the party. | 你希望使我抓狂让我放弃派对 |
[1:12:32] | You cannot pass up the opportunity | 你不能错失 |
[1:12:35] | to get back on the team. | 回归球队的机会 |
[1:12:37] | To get back on the road. | 重新上路 |
[1:12:46] | That’s where all this leads, anyway. | 毕竟 这是前进的方向 |
[1:12:53] | And yes, the anniversary party might not work | 没错 周年派对没了你 |
[1:12:56] | without you but that’s ok. | 可能会泡汤 但是没事 |
[1:12:59] | I do think it’s time for me to succeed or fail on my own. | 我真心觉得是时候自己承担成功或失败了 |
[1:13:08] | But you shouldn’t have to. | 但你不必如此 |
[1:13:12] | I got suspended because I wasn’t a good team player. | 我被禁赛了 因为我不善合作 |
[1:13:17] | But you and I, we’re a team now, too, right? | 但是你和我也是一支团队 对吧 |
[1:13:20] | The best. | 最佳拍档 |
[1:13:24] | But sometimes being a good team player means knowing | 但有时好的队员意味着 |
[1:13:27] | when to let the other guy take the shot. | 知道何时让其他人有所作为 |
[1:13:35] | Take your shot, Adam. | 把握机会 亚当 |
[1:14:16] | …She was sent from her home in London, England. | 她来自英国伦敦的家中 |
[1:14:19] | London, England, that’s quite a ways away. | 英国伦敦 十万八千里啊 |
[1:14:22] | Right? | 对吧 |
[1:14:25] | So? | 怎么样 |
[1:14:26] | So, this is incredible. | 不可思议 |
[1:14:28] | I mean, just look at all these people. | 我是说 看看这些人 |
[1:14:30] | We have sold more books tonight than we have | 我们今晚卖出的书 |
[1:14:32] | in the past six months. | 比过去六个月都多 |
[1:14:33] | But even more important, you’re building a customer base. | 但更重要的是 你在必读清单 |
[1:14:36] | Between the Must Read List and the photo shares | 照片共享和播客下载中 |
[1:14:39] | and the podcast downloads… | 建立了客户基础 |
[1:14:40] | Mary, here’s a statement I never thought I’d say. | 玛莉 这句话我想我永远不会说 |
[1:14:44] | You’re trending on social media. | 你引领了社交媒体的潮流 |
[1:14:48] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[1:14:50] | Trust me, it’s good. | 相信我 这是好事 |
[1:14:51] | Ok. | 好的 |
[1:14:53] | Hey, Ms. Campbell. | 你好 坎贝尔女士 |
[1:14:54] | Oh, hey Noah. | 你好 诺亚 |
[1:14:55] | Where’s Adam? | 亚当在哪 |
[1:15:00] | You know what? | 是这样的 |
[1:15:02] | He’s not gonna be able to make it tonight. | 他今晚无法出席 |
[1:15:03] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:15:06] | But hey. | 但是 |
[1:15:07] | How about I take a picture of the two of you to send to him? | 我给你们俩拍张照发给他如何 |
[1:15:09] | I bet he’d love it. | 我打赌他会喜欢的 |
[1:15:11] | Is that okay? | 可以吗 |
[1:15:12] | Ok. | 好的 |
[1:15:12] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[1:15:16] | And… cheese. | 茄子 |
[1:15:19] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[1:15:22] | Where do I put my old book? | 我把旧书放哪里 |
[1:15:23] | Oh, just out front. | 就放前台 |
[1:15:24] | You’ll get a coupon you can give to your mom | 你会得到一张优惠券 你能给你妈妈 |
[1:15:26] | for 20 percent off, ok? | 享受8折优惠 好吗 |
[1:15:27] | Great. Thanks. | 棒 谢谢 |
[1:15:32] | Ouch. | 哇 |
[1:15:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:15:35] | I do love your book exchange idea, though. | 我真喜欢你交换书本的想法 |
[1:15:37] | I mean, give a book to the library, | 我是说 把书捐给图书馆 |
[1:15:39] | get a discount on a new one, | 获得新书的折扣 |
[1:15:42] | that is a showcase idea. | 这是一个值得一试的想法 |
[1:15:43] | Oh, that’s not the showcase idea. | 那不只是一个想法 |
[1:15:46] | Adam took care of that. | 本来是亚当负责的那个 |
[1:15:55] | He was gonna tell you himself tonight | 他今晚本来会和你亲自说 |
[1:15:56] | but since he’s not here… | 但由于他不在这 |
[1:16:07] | It’s-it’s so nice. | 太 太棒了 |
[1:16:09] | But I don’t get it. | 但我不太理解 |
[1:16:11] | Look on the other side. | 看看另一边 |
[1:16:19] | That’s lovely. | 真可爱 |
[1:16:21] | So what, he got these made up for the anniversary party? | 所以这些就是他为周年派对的补偿吗 |
[1:16:23] | No, he had 20,000 made | 不 他为下一场皇家队主场的比赛 |
[1:16:26] | for the Royals’ next home game. | 赚了2万 |
[1:16:28] | On the Same Page is the official sponsor of the fan giveaway | 此页书店是粉丝赠品的官方赞助商 |
[1:16:32] | and he’s made sure that the bookstore will be featured | 他保证整场比赛和转播期间 |
[1:16:34] | throughout the game and during its telecast. | 书店都会是热点 |
[1:16:41] | That’s incredibly generous. | 他可真是太大方了 |
[1:16:55] | Am I still smiling? | 我还在微笑吗 |
[1:16:56] | I can’t feel my face. | 我麻木了 |
[1:16:57] | You’re doing fine. | 你做得很棒 |
[1:16:58] | No sign of the Adam that argues with referees. | 亚当不会再和裁判争执了 |
[1:17:00] | Well, I hope he’s gone for good. | 我希望那个他永远消失了 |
[1:17:03] | I hope so, too. | 我也希望 |
[1:17:05] | I’m getting positive feedback. | 我得到了积极反馈 |
[1:17:07] | My father is pleased. | 我父亲很高兴 |
[1:17:11] | That’s how your father looks when he’s pleased? | 你父亲高兴时就是这样吗 |
[1:17:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:17:15] | It made report card time very confusing as a kid. | 看起来像是要念我家孩子成绩单似的 |
[1:17:19] | Circulate. | 推广 |
[1:17:20] | Go circulate. | 去做推广 |
[1:17:22] | Right. | 对 |
[1:17:25] | Thank you for being here. | 感谢你的到来 |
[1:17:27] | Of course. | 我应该的 |
[1:17:29] | Part of being a team player. | 作为球队的一份子 |
[1:17:55] | Pretty impressive. | 干得不错 |
[1:17:58] | We’re gonna start the Book Chat shortly. | 我们很快就会开始交流会了 |
[1:17:59] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[1:18:00] | I’m nervous. | 我很紧张 |
[1:18:02] | What do I always tell you? | 我平时怎么跟你说的 |
[1:18:03] | You’re not nervous, you care. | 你不是紧张 你是在乎 |
[1:18:05] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[1:18:06] | Right. | 对 |
[1:18:07] | I care a lot. | 我非常在乎 |
[1:18:09] | But you know, there’s also a part of me that kinda can’t wait | 但你知道 我也有点等不及 |
[1:18:11] | to get out there and I can do this. | 想要挺身而出 而且我也能做到 |
[1:18:15] | I think I’m gonna lead this one. | 我想这次我就来起个头吧 |
[1:18:17] | What? | 什么 |
[1:18:18] | Who are you and what have you done with my sister? | 你是谁 你对我姐姐做了什么 |
[1:18:20] | I’ll tell you who she is. | 我来告诉你她是谁 |
[1:18:22] | She’s somebody who should be very proud | 她是那个会对自己的成就 |
[1:18:24] | of what she’s accomplished. | 深感自豪的小姑娘 |
[1:18:26] | Dad… | 爸爸 |
[1:18:29] | Thanks, dad. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[1:18:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:18:34] | You know, I think On the Same Page | 我想此页书店 |
[1:18:36] | just might make it after all. | 就说明全部了 |
[1:18:38] | I’m not talking about the store. | 我不是说书店 |
[1:18:46] | I’d like to introduce one of our best players, | 我想介绍我们最好的队员之一 |
[1:18:48] | and certainly one of our most colourful. | 也是我们最身经百战的队员之一 |
[1:18:51] | But he’s worked hard in the last month | 但他上个月很不好过 |
[1:18:54] | and I think you’ve seen the results of that in the press. | 我想你们在新闻上都看到结果了 |
[1:18:57] | I personally have seen how he’s changed for the better. | 我亲眼目睹他如何变得更好 |
[1:19:02] | Ladies and gentlemen, Adam Clayborn. | 女士们先生们 有请亚当·克雷波恩 |
[1:19:10] | Thank you, everyone, for coming out to support | 谢谢大家前来支持 |
[1:19:13] | the 40th anniversary of On the Same Page! | 此页书店40周年纪念 |
[1:19:19] | I am thrilled to introduce one of the owners | 我很荣幸介绍拥有人之一 |
[1:19:22] | and the driving force behind why we’re all here tonight, | 也是我们今晚聚集在此的推动因素 |
[1:19:26] | Mary Campbell. | 玛莉·坎贝尔 |
[1:19:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:19:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:19:38] | There are a bunch of things I’m sorry about. | 有一堆我要道歉的事 |
[1:19:41] | My past behaviour is one. | 我过去的行为就是其中之一 |
[1:19:46] | It affected the team and my overall image | 它影响了团队和我 |
[1:19:49] | within the community. | 在社区的总体形象 |
[1:19:50] | I’m doing my best to fix that. | 我在尽我所能弥补 |
[1:19:52] | On the Same Page has been here for 40 years. | 此页书店已经成立40年 |
[1:20:00] | I must say I’m realizing that being part of a community, | 我要说我意识到 作为社区的一份子 |
[1:20:05] | being part of a team, | 作为团队一员 |
[1:20:06] | it’s-it’s about more than just being present. | 意义不只是身在此处 |
[1:20:10] | I’m proud of this team. | 我对球队感到自豪 |
[1:20:12] | And I’m proud to be a member of it. | 我也很自豪能成为其中一员 |
[1:20:15] | I think I forgot for a while | 曾几何时我忘了 |
[1:20:17] | what real teamwork looked like. | 何为真正的团队合作 |
[1:20:18] | I always say that the entire world is right there | 我经常说 书中自有颜如玉 |
[1:20:22] | in that bookstore. | 书中自有黄金屋 |
[1:20:23] | And sometimes I think I do forget | 有时我想我真的忘了 |
[1:20:26] | that the entire world is out there, too. | 读万卷书 也要行万里路 |
[1:20:29] | Erica said that she thinks I’ve changed for the better. | 艾丽卡说她觉得我变得更好了 |
[1:20:33] | I hope that’s true. | 希望如此 |
[1:20:35] | I think it is. | 我想是这样 |
[1:20:41] | As much as I love this game… | 就像我热爱这比赛 |
[1:20:46] | I’ve realized now what’s also really important. | 现在我也意识到真正重要的是什么 |
[1:20:51] | So please excuse me, but I have to go get it. | 所以原谅我 但我必须得到它 |
[1:21:06] | Adam! | 亚当 |
[1:21:09] | If you leave I don’t know if my father will forgive you. | 如果你走了我不知道我爸爸会不会原谅你 |
[1:21:12] | If I don’t leave I won’t be able to forgive myself. | 如果我不走 我就无法原谅自己 |
[1:21:14] | You’re risking your entire career. | 你在拿你整个职业生涯冒险 |
[1:21:18] | Well, I hope that I’ll be able to prove to some other team | 如果我都不能使你信服 |
[1:21:20] | that I am that better person I’ve been trying to be. | 我要怎么向其他球队证明 |
[1:21:24] | That is, if I can’t convince you first. | 我已经努力变得更好了 |
[1:21:31] | Let’s talk about this Monday. | 我们周一再说这个 |
[1:21:33] | You’re gonna be late. | 你要迟到了 |
[1:21:40] | For the record, you broke up with me. | 正式声明 你甩了我 |
[1:21:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:21:48] | I have been having the close to home kind of adventures. | 我有过离家很近的冒险体验 |
[1:21:54] | They haven’t all gone well, | 他们并不都很顺利 |
[1:21:57] | but as someone very smart once told me, | 但有个很聪明的人告诉我 |
[1:22:02] | it doesn’t matter how many times you fall down. | 重要的不是你摔多少次 |
[1:22:05] | It only matters how many times you get back up again. | 重要的是你有多少次还能再站起来 |
[1:22:09] | It is in that spirit of adventure that I would like | 我想借这种冒险精神 |
[1:22:11] | to kick off tonight’s book chat. | 开始今晚的读书交流 |
[1:22:14] | How many of you have read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer? | 你们有多少人读过《汤姆·索亚历险记》 |
[1:22:20] | Oh good. | 太好了 |
[1:22:21] | I’m so glad because this is one of my very favourite books. | 我好高兴 因为这是我最爱的书之一 |
[1:22:27] | You say that about every book. | 你每本书都这么说 |
[1:22:35] | What’re you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[1:22:37] | I just came to chat about a book. | 我只是来聊聊书 |
[1:22:39] | But what about getting back on the team and- | 那回归球队呢 |
[1:22:41] | Maybe it’s time I started thinking about what’s next. | 也许我该考虑下一步了 |
[1:22:44] | ‘Cause apparently I come up | 因为很明显我想到了 |
[1:22:46] | with really incredible business ideas. | 非常不可思议的商业计划 |
[1:22:50] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:22:51] | I’m quite good at it. | 我很擅长这个 |
[1:22:53] | In fact, most of this party here was my idea. | 其实 这个派对大部分都是我的主意 |
[1:22:57] | Why don’t we just talk about the book? | 我们为何不聊聊书呢 |
[1:23:00] | That’s a great idea. | 好主意 |
[1:23:03] | ‘Cause this is a story I don’t want to end. | 因为这是一个我不想结束的故事 |
[1:23:08] | Me neither. | 我也是 |