英文名称:The Final Season
年代:2007
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | jesi rawluis 黄小占 蜀山天狼 Yancey 蝈蝈 | |
[01:29] | I applied for assistant coach here | 我是来应聘助理教练的 |
[01:30] | But you sort’ve wouldn’t even give me an interview. | 但你们连面试的机会都不给我 |
[01:33] | You’re the girls’ volleyball coach. | 因为你是女排教练 |
[01:34] | Yeah, but I just had a good meeting | 是的 但我刚才也和诺威高中的范 |
[01:35] | with coach van scoyoc at norway high. | 斯考约克教练谈过了 我们谈得很愉快 |
[01:37] | – norway? – yes, sir. | -诺威高中 -是的 先生 |
[01:39] | And since this is my last year here, | 因为这是我在这的最后一年 |
[01:41] | I’m taking a job in st. louis… | 我已经在圣路易斯找了份工作 |
[01:42] | So, you want to go coach baseball at another high school | 你是说在余下的两个月里 你还想去别的学校 |
[01:44] | For the two months that you have left? | 当棒球教练吗? |
[01:46] | Assistant coach. | 是助理教练 |
[01:48] | Don’t you think that’s a pretty unusual request, mr. stock? | 你不觉得你这要求很不正常吗? 斯托克先生 |
[01:51] | Yeah. but it’s norway. | 有点 但那是诺威高中啊 |
[02:00] | All right. go ahead. | 好吧 你去吧 |
[04:10] | Hey, kent. | 你好 肯特 |
[04:11] | Coach, I thought this was just supposed to be a practice. | 教练 我以为这只是场练习赛 |
[04:15] | It is. | 是啊 |
[04:23] | – did you bring that stopwatch, like I asked? – yeah. | -我给你是说的秒表 带了吗? -带了 |
[04:31] | What’s that for? | 这是什么? |
[04:33] | Well, I just thought I’d take some notes. | 我想做点笔记 |
[04:44] | – here you go, coach. – thanks, big-o. | -给你 教练 -谢谢 大狗 |
[04:48] | We’re gonna take infield now, | 我们现在得去内场 |
[04:50] | just like before a real game. | 要想对待正式比赛一样 |
[04:52] | I want you to watch carefully and I want you to time it. | 你要给我好好看着 计下时 |
[04:54] | Time the infield, check. | 内场计时 了解 |
[04:57] | All right, let’s go, infield! | 好了 大伙走吧 去内场 |
[05:07] | Now. | 开始 |
[05:08] | Bring it on. | 接好 |
[05:24] | Come on, now, brent. | 加油 布伦特 |
[05:36] | Go wide! | 往远处跑 |
[06:11] | One on the end. | 底线来一个 |
[06:39] | Bring it in, boys! | 好了 孩子们 |
[06:41] | – under nine minutes, wasn’t it? – 8:24. | -没超过9分钟吧? -8分24秒 |
[06:44] | Always keep it under nine. | 要继续保持在9分钟以内 |
[06:46] | always take it first if you can. | 继续尽力保持第一名 |
[06:50] | What else did you notice? | 你还注意到什么问题没? |
[06:53] | Well… | 那个… |
[06:54] | – here you go, coach. – thanks. | -教练 辛苦了 -谢谢 |
[06:56] | It was perfect. | 非常完美 |
[06:57] | You took something off those ground balls, but… | 你没怎么练习下地滚球 但是 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1030个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:149个,六级词汇:68个,GRE词汇:80个,托福词汇:105个,考研词汇:164个,专四词汇:134个,专八词汇:15个, 所有生词标注共:302个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[06:59] | Why? | 为什么? |
[07:05] | Because the other team is watching. | 因为别的队在看着我们 |
[07:08] | We make it look nice and easy, | 我们要看上去练的很轻松 |
[07:10] | and we’re already in their heads. | 表现得一切尽在他们掌控 |
[07:11] | – you got it? – yeah. | -你明白吗? -明白 |
[07:15] | Outfielders, let’s go! | 外场手们 走了 |
[07:16] | The norway tigers have spent the last three days | 诺威老虎队用了最后3天时间 |
[07:18] | Wondering if the rains would ever let up. | 来调整了自己的状态 |
[07:20] | They finally did today, | 最终他们做到了 |
[07:22] | allowing the tigers a rock solid start | 老虎队打了漂亮的一仗 |
[07:24] | Toward a second straight state title. | 并获得了州第二名的成绩 |
[07:26] | They pounced quickly, did the tigers, | 就像他们的主教练吉姆·范·斯考约克所说 |
[07:29] | as jim van scoyoc, their manager, watches. | 队员们势头非常猛 |
[07:31] | Kevin stewart slapped a double down the line. | 凯文·斯图尔特向边线击出一记双杀球 |
[07:32] | Here comes steve meyers, he’ll score easily. | 使得史蒂夫·迈耶斯轻松得分 |
[07:35] | West bend couldn’t get out of the third inning | 诺威队的维赖斯打出 |
[07:37] | as norway’s… | 两记安全打 |
[07:39] | Vries allowed two hits in the first | 使得西湾队在第3局完败 |
[07:41] | And collared the bulldogs the rest of the way. | 他们在接下来的比赛中完全占据主动 |
[07:44] | Norway hasn’t given up a run in the playoffs | 挪威队在季后赛阶段仍没有放松 |
[07:46] | And the senior hurler tossed a shutout | 这位资深投手在第43击 |
[07:48] | on just 43 pitches. | 便让比赛失去悬念 |
[07:50] | The tigers move to the 1a finals, winning it in five. | 老虎队进军1A组决赛 并获得五连胜 |
[07:54] | Well, today’s victory puts the tigers | 今天的胜利意味着 |
[07:56] | in the championship game | 老虎队在最近10年中 |
[07:57] | for the ninth time in the last 10 years. | 第9次进入冠军杯争夺赛 |
[08:01] | We ain’t the biggest, | 我们不是最强 最壮 |
[08:02] | or the fastest or even sometimes the best, | 可能也不是最棒的球队 |
[08:03] | But no one’s got the fundamentals | 但没人能比我们的球员 |
[08:05] | down better than our boys. | 所处的环境更得天独厚了 |
[08:07] | Every little league coach within 50 miles of here | 近50英里的大大小小的棒球教练 |
[08:09] | is an ex-norway player. | 都是前诺威队的队员 |
[08:10] | It’s like having our own minor league feeder system. | 好象我们有附属预备队一样 |
[08:13] | Norway baseball tradition is as rich as iowa soil. | 这的棒球传统就像爱荷华的石油一样丰富 |
[08:17] | We grow ball players here like corn. | 我们像种地似地精心培养着我们的队员 |
[08:20] | Hell, 80% of this game is defense. | 棒球比赛中防守就占八成 |
[08:24] | The most important thing to understand | 最重要的就是要明白 |
[08:26] | Is these boys take a great deal of pride | 孩子们都为自己会打棒球 |
[08:29] | in knowing how to beat you. | 而感到无比自豪 |
[08:31] | It’s how they get remembered. | 这是他们进步的源泉 |
[08:33] | and that’s how we’re gonna win state. | 也是我们能成为州内冠军的原因 |
[08:35] | Coming to you live from colonel stadium, | 现在是来自上校体育场的现场直播 |
[08:37] | This is kzia-z 102.9, the voice of iowa baseball. | 您正在收听的是kzia-z 102.9频道 爱荷华棒球直播 |
[08:42] | North tama with the rally going. | 重整旗鼓的北塔玛队 |
[08:45] | Looking to upset the norway tigers | 准备挫败诺威老虎队 |
[08:47] | And deny them their 19th state title. | 并阻止他们夺得第19个州冠军 |
[09:01] | Long drive to right center! | 一记远打 直奔右场 |
[09:15] | Time, blue! | 请求暂停 |
[09:19] | And out comes legendary coach jim van scoyoc | 传奇教练吉姆·范·斯考约克出现了 |
[09:22] | To talk to his senior pitcher, brent fitz, | 他走上前去和貌似已经累坏了的 |
[09:24] | who definitely looks to be tiring. | 资深投手布伦特·费兹说话 |
[09:28] | How you feeling, brent? | 感觉如何? 布伦特 |
[09:31] | I’m good. that was a lucky hit. | 还不错 前面那次只是运气好而已 |
[09:41] | I’ll keep it down. | 我会投低点儿的 |
[09:44] | Well, the thing is kimmel’s on deck. | 但问题是现在金摩尔在准备区 |
[09:48] | He already owns you, | 他已经准备好了 |
[09:50] | so we need to get this next batter out. | 所以下一次投球直接扔出去 |
[09:52] | Don’t you bullshit me, now. | 别和我说废话 |
[09:57] | I’ll get him, coach. | 我会搞定他的 教练 |
[10:00] | All right, this kid’s a dead-pull hitter. | 好了 那家伙是个靠蛮力的击球手 |
[10:04] | Off-speed, low and away, | 低速 低位稍偏 |
[10:06] | he’s gonna pull a grounder to short. | 他会打出下旋短球 |
[10:07] | Now, you tighten your belt and let’s get him. | 拉紧你的皮带搞定他 |
[10:12] | – come on, buddy, get him now! – let’s get it going! | -加油 兄弟 干掉他 -快干掉他 |
[10:15] | One more! one more! | 再来一次 再来一次 |
[10:17] | Here we go, brent! you’re all right, kid! c | 加油 布伦特 你行的 |
[10:19] | come on now! | 加油 |
[10:29] | There’s a drive! | 一记长球 |
[10:30] | Deep left field! fitz going back! | 向左方远远飞去 费兹又来了 |
[10:33] | It is a foui ball! oh, my. | 界外球 天哪 |
[10:38] | Six inches to the right and tama’s got the lead! | 偏了6英寸 现在塔玛队领先 |
[10:42] | Fitz is clearly on the ropes, | 费兹似乎很有规律 |
[10:44] | all of his pitches are up in the wheelhouse. | 所有球都高于红中击球区 |
[10:46] | Come on, fitz! let’s go, baby, let’s go now! | 加油 费兹 加油 加油 |
[10:48] | Let’s get this guy! just like we talked about! | 按我们说好的 干掉他 |
[10:50] | you know how! | 你知道怎么做的 |
[10:53] | Ground ball to short. | 下旋 短球 |
[11:20] | Out! | 击球手出局 |
[11:26] | And the norway tigers are | 诺威老虎队第19次夺得了 |
[11:30] | the state 1a baseball champions for the 19th time! | 1A棒球联赛冠军 |
[11:40] | – that last pitch, how’d you know? | 最后那一球 你怎么算得到? |
[11:42] | – I scouted the hitter. | 我偷偷观察过击球手 |
[11:43] | – when? – in my spare time. | -什么时候? -我有空的时候 |
[11:46] | – coach, you don’t have any spare time. | 教练 你哪里有空闲时间 |
[11:48] | – I made some. they deserve it. | 我挤出来的 这是他们应得的 |
[11:53] | So the norway tigers win their 19th state championship | 诺威老虎队获得第19次州冠军头衔 |
[11:56] | And their 12th under jim van scoyoc. | 也是吉姆·范·斯考约克执教以来的第12个冠军 |
[11:58] | From a town with a population of just 586, | 从这座小镇只有586个人 |
[12:02] | a high school with only 101 students, | 高中只有101个学生的时候开始 |
[12:05] | These players grew up watching their older brothers, | 这些队员们是看着他们的哥哥 |
[12:07] | Relatives and friends win state titles. | 亲戚 朋友们获得州冠军长大的 |
[12:09] | Finally, it’s their turn in the sun. | 终于 现在轮到他们和他们的孩子了 |
[12:35] | We are honored and proud to present this trophy to | 我们很荣幸能将奖杯授予 |
[12:40] | norway high school | 诺威高中 |
[12:41] | And to all the people of norway that | 和所有在喜悦与痛苦中 |
[12:46] | have supported us through thick and thin. | 支持我们的诺威人民 |
[12:53] | Mostly thick! | 痛苦占多数 |
[12:57] | Let’s do it again next year and make it an even 20! | 明年争取再夺冠 再拿第20个冠军 |
[13:15] | Matthew, we did it again, didn’t we? | 马修 我们又做到了 |
[13:17] | Do you ever get used to this? | 你都已经习惯了吧? |
[13:19] | Oh, we don’t take anything for granted around here. | 我们可不认为这是理所当然的 |
[13:22] | We’re so grateful for baseball, | 真为我们的棒球感到荣耀 |
[13:24] | and so proud of the boys. | 真为这些孩子们感到骄傲 |
[13:25] | Of course, | 当然 |
[13:26] | they don’t have to live with | 他们可没必要整个赛季都和 |
[13:28] | coach grumpy all through the season. | 那火暴脾气的教练待一块 |
[13:30] | He speaks very highly of you, by the way. | 对了 他对你评价很高啊 |
[13:33] | He does? | 是吗? |
[13:37] | – oh, bye. – there you go. | -待会见 -去吧 |
[13:43] | Is it true hal trosky once hit a ball that went all | 以前人们一直传 说有次霍尔·特罗斯基把球 |
[13:46] | the way out to the railroad track? | 击打到铁轨上去了 真的吗? |
[13:48] | That’s what the old timers say. | 这是以前的说法了 |
[13:50] | I mean, that’s what, 500 feet? | 那是什么意思 500英尺? |
[13:54] | Hell, son, that was the longest home run in history. | 那可就说来话长了 |
[13:57] | That ball traveled 200 miles. | 那球飞出差不多200英里 |
[13:59] | See, he hit it out of the park right over there. | 他是在那个公园里打出来的 |
[14:03] | It took one bounce on the highway, | 然后飞到了高速公路 |
[14:04] | landed on a freight train that was going by | 掉进了一辆正好路过 |
[14:06] | And ended up in chicago. | 开往芝加哥的火车里 |
[14:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:12] | Oh, we had a good run, didn’t we? | 我们打了漂亮的一仗 是吧? |
[14:14] | Thank you for letting me be a part of it. | 谢谢你让我也参与了比赛 |
[14:16] | I learned a lot. | 我学到了很多 |
[14:17] | You’re a good coach. boys like you. | 你是个好教练 球员们都喜欢你 |
[14:21] | There’s a bunch of them coming back next season. | 他们下个赛季还会继续来参加比赛的 |
[14:24] | What about this rumor | 我有听到谣言 |
[14:25] | That norway’s gonna close and merge with | 说诺威队要解散了 |
[14:27] | madison community? | 要和麦迪逊社区合并? |
[14:32] | It’ll never go through. | 应该不会通过的 |
[14:37] | I can’t imagine why anyone would want to destroy | 我真是搞不明白为什么有人要来把 |
[14:39] | Something that means so much to these kids. | 孩子们最最珍爱的东西给夺走 |
[14:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:45] | Kent, norway is baseball. | 肯特 棒球就是诺威的全部 |
[14:54] | Anyway, if I don’t get home soon, | 好了 要是我现在再不回家 |
[14:57] | Chic’s gonna feed my dinner to the dog again. | 奇克又要把我的晚餐拿去喂狗了 |
[15:01] | How about you? you eat yet? | 你呢? 你吃过了吗? |
[15:03] | there’s always plenty. | 我家总是煮很多饭 |
[15:04] | No, I’m good. | 不用了 我不饿 |
[15:05] | I’d just like to stay out here for a little while longer. | 我只想在外面多待会儿 |
[15:09] | – couldn’t have done it without you, kent. | 要是没你我还不知道怎么办呢 肯特 |
[15:12] | – sure, you could. | 没事 你行的 |
[15:13] | Well, I wouldn’t have wanted to. | 哎 我也不想的 |
[15:16] | I’ll see you next season. | 下赛季见了 |
[15:17] | we’ll go for an even 20. | 一起向第20个冠军进发 |
[15:20] | – coach, I’m not coming back next season. | 教练 我下赛季不会回来了 |
[15:23] | – oh, that’s right. | 哦 我想起来了 |
[15:26] | Yep. I got a job in st. louis, whole deal. | 是的 我在圣路易斯找了份工作 |
[15:31] | See what big city life’s about. | 想体验体验大城市的生活 |
[15:33] | That’s too bad. the game could use more people like you. | 太可惜了 比赛正需要你这样的人 |
[15:58] | No, no, everything’s right on schedule, sir. | 不 不 一切正按计划进行 先生 |
[16:01] | Yeah, the inspection’s on friday. | 检查是在星期五 |
[16:04] | you’re already pre-approved for the loan, | 你的贷款已经被预批了 |
[16:05] | So all we need is for the bank to accept the appraisal. | 所以我们现在只要等银行通过审核就好了 |
[16:09] | And then it’s just a formality. | 那只是个形式罢了 |
[16:11] | Right, right. well, I’ll call you as soon as I hear anything. | 好的 好的 要是有什么事我再打电话给你 |
[16:14] | Okay? have a great night. | 行吗 祝你晚上玩得愉快 |
[16:16] | Mitch! | 米奇 |
[16:18] | Mitch! | 米奇 |
[16:21] | Mitch, what are you doing? | 米奇 你要干什么? |
[16:24] | Hey, how many times have I told you not to do that? | 告诉你多少次了 不要抽了 |
[16:28] | Seven. | 7次 |
[16:29] | Eight, if you include right now. what do I win? | 加上这次是8次 能给我点奖励吗? |
[16:34] | You think it’s funny? | 你觉得这很好玩吗? |
[16:35] | After what those things did to your mother’s health? | 想想这玩意儿都把你妈害成什么样了 |
[16:37] | Dad, I can’t stay in there | 爸 我受不了一周7天每天24小时 |
[16:41] | and listen to your real estate b.s. 24-7, okay? | 都听你和房地产老板谈生意 |
[16:43] | I’m getting some air. | 我要出来喘口气 |
[16:45] | Well, my real estate b.s. is what pays | 但我得靠房地产老板 |
[16:46] | all the bills around here. | 发工资来养活我们啊 |
[16:48] | One of these days you’re gonna | 总有一天 |
[16:49] | have to make a living yourself. | 你也要自己挣钱 |
[16:50] | Okay, when I work, I’m gonna work to live, | 要是我工作了 我会为生活而工作 |
[16:52] | not live to work. okay? | 而不是为了工作而生活 |
[16:56] | You think I like working all the time? | 你以为我愿意这么辛苦吗? |
[16:59] | Mom sure thought so. hey, like mother like son, right? | 妈肯定也这么想 有其母必有其子 |
[17:07] | You know what? why don’t you go pack a bag? | 这样吧 你去整理一下背包 |
[17:11] | – what for? – you’ll find out when we get there. | -去干吗? -到那儿你就知道了 |
[17:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:17] | Why don’t you pack two? | 理两个背包吧 |
[17:23] | “what do I win?” | 还能给我点奖励吗? |
[17:31] | The way I see it, it’s a win-win proposition. | 以我看来 这是一次双赢的合作 |
[17:33] | madison’s all for it. | 麦迪逊人民都支持 |
[17:35] | – what about the baseball team? | 那棒球队怎么办? |
[17:37] | – oh, I cannot wait to hear this! | 哦 这正是我想听到的 |
[17:39] | Bigger opportunity because of a larger school system. | 学校越大机遇就越多 |
[17:42] | Now that’s the part that don’t figure, mr. makepeace. | 迈克皮斯先生 这就让我有点糊涂了 |
[17:45] | If you close norway high and merge it into madison, | 要是你关闭了诺威中学 然后合并给麦迪逊 |
[17:48] | What happens to our baseball players? | 我们的棒球队员怎么办? |
[17:50] | What happens to coach? | 我们的教练怎么办? |
[17:51] | It’s a free market system. | 现在是开放市场 |
[17:53] | they have to compete like everybody else. | 每个人都要去竞争 |
[17:55] | Cream rises to the top. | 胜者为王 |
[17:56] | Didn’t you pull your son out of norway | 你好像把你儿子给送出诺威高中 |
[17:59] | Because coach van scoyoc wouldn’t let him | 是因为范·斯考约克教练不让他同时 |
[18:03] | play baseball and football at the same time? | 参加棒球队和橄榄球队? |
[18:04] | Well, now, that’s got nothing to do with this. | 这完全是两码事 |
[18:07] | The school board’s responsibility is educational. | 校委会的责任首先是教育 |
[18:10] | Sports programs come secondary. | 其次才是体育 |
[18:12] | How do we win here, harvey? | 哈维 我们能得到什么好处呢? |
[18:14] | Lower taxes. plus, kids like your boy, kevin, | 可以少交点税 还有像你儿子凯文一样的 |
[18:17] | get a better opportunity for education. | 孩子们能受到更好的教育 |
[18:19] | Norway’s got a 16-to-1 studentlteacher ratio | 诺威的师生比例是1:16 |
[18:23] | And madison’s got 22-to-1. | 而麦迪逊则有1:22 |
[18:25] | How’s that better? | 怎么会有更好的教育呢? |
[18:26] | We sent two sons and a daughter to this school | 我们家2个儿子1个女儿都在那里读书 |
[18:29] | And they’re all on the dean’s list in college. | 他们都被大学录取了 |
[18:33] | You take away our school, | 学校要是被你们关了 |
[18:35] | those kids won’t be shopping in our store. | 孩子们就不会来我们店买东西了 |
[18:38] | We’ll lose our business. | 我们就没生意可做了 |
[18:40] | And we’re not the only ones. | 不光光是我们 |
[18:42] | what about our local economy? | 地区经济怎么办? |
[18:45] | Well, I can’t address any issues | 除了教育问题 |
[18:47] | except the educational ones. | 我不方便说其他的相关事宜 |
[18:49] | Why the hell not, harv? | 为什么? 哈维 |
[18:51] | Millie and lou’s store’s been a part of this town | 米莉和卢的店在这小镇 |
[18:53] | for five generations. | 已经世世代代开了5代人了 |
[18:57] | There’s more at stake here than closing a school. | 这比关闭一个学校的代价更大 |
[19:00] | Nobody said anything about closing the school. | 没人说要关闭学校 |
[19:02] | No, not yet you haven’t. you’ll get around to it, won’t you? | 不 你就是这意思 不是吗? |
[19:06] | Well, I mean, even if it does happen, | 我是说 如果是这样的话 |
[19:08] | you’re all gonna make out like bandits. | 你们可不会穷得都去当强盗 |
[19:10] | The agreement offers all kinds of financial incentives. | 这个协议提供了许许多多刺激经济的政策方案 |
[19:14] | Let miss hudson here explain this to you. | 让哈德森小姐为大家说明一下 |
[19:21] | Yes, the state gives $3,000 to | 的确 州政府给每个 |
[19:25] | each local school district per student. | 学区的每个学生3千美金 |
[19:27] | Now, norway would retain a percentage of that allowance | 诺威高中保留补贴中的一部分 |
[19:30] | Without incurring any of the educational expense. | 而不增加教育费用 |
[19:33] | Would someone please translate that into english? | 能不能有人用英语解释一下她在说什么? |
[19:37] | She said the state is willing to | 她说州政府希望 |
[19:39] | bribe you to the tune of $3,000 a kid | 花3千美金买通你们 |
[19:42] | For closing down the school. | 让你们赞同关闭学校 |
[19:44] | You really think you can place | 你真的以为这种事 |
[19:45] | a value on something like that? | 可以用钱来衡量? |
[19:47] | Well, | 是这样 |
[19:47] | changes in state budget regulations | 政府的预算计划是 |
[19:50] | are favoring the larger districts. | 倾向于比较大的地区的 |
[19:52] | If you don’t like the law, | 如果你和法律过不去 |
[19:53] | i would suggest that you take it up with the legislature. | 我建议你去找议会 |
[19:56] | Well, you know there’s no time for that. | 你当然知道没时间怎么做 |
[19:58] | Perhaps you’re out of your league. | 也许你是在多管闲事 |
[20:00] | I guess I missed the announcement | 我猜我错过了 |
[20:03] | that des moines has made the majors. | 得梅因将我除外的声明 |
[20:05] | Let’s just be fair here. | 让我们公平地看这件事 |
[20:07] | The state has its job to do | 政府有它的职责 |
[20:09] | but you still all have a right to be heard. | 但是你们有发表意见的权利 |
[20:13] | Matthew? | 马修? |
[20:14] | Harvey’s right. anyone who opposes this merger | 哈维说的对 反对合并的人 |
[20:17] | Can file a petition for a feasibility study. | 可以填写可行性调查的陈情书 |
[20:20] | But it’ll take 20% of the eligible voters’ signatures. | 但是至少要有20%合法选民的签名 |
[20:23] | How about your signature, matthew? | 你会签名吗 马修? |
[20:25] | You gonna sign it so your boys | 你会为了能让这里的孩子们 |
[20:28] | can keep playing for norway? | 为诺威打球而签名吗? |
[20:31] | I didn’t think so. | 我想我不会 |
[20:34] | I’m done talking to these people. | 我再不想和这些人说话了 |
[20:37] | I’m not. I want to hear more about that petition. | 我想听下去 我想听听陈请书的事情 |
[20:42] | I’ll walk home. | 我自己走回去 |
[20:59] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[21:00] | You don’t really believe all that numbers crap, do you? | 你不信那些人的鬼话 是不是? |
[21:03] | Yes, I do. | 我相信 |
[21:04] | The state’s helped over 100 school districts | 政府已经用类似的协定 |
[21:06] | with similar agreements. | 帮助了一百多个学区 |
[21:08] | And how many of them have | 有多少个学区拥有 |
[21:10] | 19 state baseball championships under their belt? | 19个州棒球冠军? |
[21:12] | Is that what this is all about? | 就因为这个? |
[21:14] | This team beats the biggest schools | 这的球队每年都能击败 |
[21:16] | in the state year after year. | 大学校的球队 |
[21:17] | At baseball. but what about at life? | 棒球上是 那他们的人生又能怎么样? |
[21:20] | They’ll have better opportunities in the real world | 如果学校能够给他们更多资源 |
[21:22] | If they have more resources at school. | 他们能在真实世界里获得更好的机会 |
[21:25] | You don’t get it, do you? | 你还是不理解 是不是? |
[21:27] | Kids in small towns like norway, | 像诺威这样的小城里 |
[21:29] | they have something special. | 孩子们有种特质 |
[21:30] | If they want to play baseball, join the band, | 如果他们想玩棒球 加入乐队 |
[21:33] | run for student council, | 加入学生会 |
[21:34] | they just do it. | 他们就会去做 |
[21:35] | Nobody gets left out. everyone participates. | 没有一个闲着 所有人都会参与 |
[21:38] | And you cannot tell me it’s like that in all the big schools. | 你别给我说大学校里也有这种情况 |
[21:41] | Don’t tell me how to do my job. | 不要对我的工作指手画脚 |
[21:44] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[21:47] | Maybe you could get a different job. | 也许你应该换份工作 |
[22:12] | How long do I gotta stay for? | 我得在这住多久? |
[22:15] | You’re enrolled in the high school tomorrow. | 明天就给你报名这里的高中 |
[22:18] | Mom, dad, listen, got no cell service | 妈妈 爸爸 手机没信号 |
[22:20] | or I would’ve called. | 要不我就打电话了 |
[22:21] | – great. – but listen, I’ll explain everything. | -这下可好 -我会解释的 |
[22:24] | – let me look at it. wait. wait for it. – come on. | -让我看看 等一下 -快点儿 |
[22:30] | First team all-state. | 全州第一球队 |
[22:32] | How are we gonna keep you down on the farm now? | 我们怎么能让你待在农场里? |
[22:35] | – come on, man. – look at this guy. | -兄弟 -看看这家伙 |
[22:36] | Oh, you guys are gonna kill them again next season. | 你们下个赛季又要收拾他们了 |
[22:39] | – yeah. – thanks. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[22:40] | – but playing for who, madison? – does it matter? | -不过以那个学校的名义 麦迪逊? -这重要吗? |
[22:43] | I’m not playing for madison. | 我不会为麦迪逊打球的 |
[22:45] | No way. I can’t imagine playing for anyone… | 绝对不会 我无法想象替别人打球 |
[22:48] | – hey, guys, guys, guys, guys. – hey, look at this kid. | -嘿 兄弟们 兄弟们 -快看这小子 |
[22:54] | – camels. – id? | -骆驼牌香烟 -身份证? |
[23:00] | I left it in my jag. | 我把它放在包里了 |
[23:03] | You better go get it. | 你最好找出来 |
[23:08] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑? |
[23:12] | Denied. | 被拒绝了 |
[23:15] | Did you see that johnny rambo jacket? | 你看见那件约翰尼·兰博夹克了吗? |
[23:18] | What are you looking at? | 你在看什么? |
[23:24] | – camels. – id? | -骆驼牌香烟 -身份证? |
[23:26] | I left it in my tractor. | 我放在拖拉机上了 |
[23:30] | Steve, your perspective is off on this. | 斯蒂文 你画法不太对头 |
[23:33] | Get your trigger on there, get a good finish, | 把扳机按在这 好好把它完成 |
[23:36] | it’ll be all right. | 没问题的 |
[23:46] | Look who it is. | 看看这是谁 |
[23:48] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[23:51] | I’m talking to you, son. | 我在和你说话 孩子 |
[23:55] | I’m new, so cut me some slack. | 我是新生 对我宽松一点 |
[24:01] | I just did. | 我已经很宽松了 |
[24:06] | I know your dad. | 我认识你父亲 |
[24:11] | Sunglasses back, please. | 请你把太阳镜还给我 |
[24:13] | – we don’t do late around here. – whatever. | -在这没人迟到 -无所谓了 |
[24:19] | You’re late again, I’ll flunk you. | 你再迟到一次 我就让你不及格 |
[24:24] | Why don’t you take a seat over there? | 在那边找个座位 |
[24:26] | Right in the back of the class. | 在教室的最后 |
[24:30] | Don’t cry. | 可别哭啊 |
[24:33] | What’s wrong with that kid? | 那个人有什么问题? |
[24:34] | Dennis, dennis, can you hear me? | 丹尼斯 丹尼斯 能听到我说话吗? |
[24:36] | dennis, stay… can you hear me now? | 丹尼斯 别动…你现在能听到吗? |
[24:39] | – hold on… – dear father… | -等一下… -主啊 |
[24:40] | No, it’s not my phone. I’m in bum-fart, iowa. | 这不是我的电话 我现在在爱荷华州 |
[24:43] | …thank you for the food… | …感谢你赐予我们食物… |
[24:44] | – dennis, I need you to take care of this. | -丹尼斯 我需要你来处理这个 |
[24:45] | …and for your wonderful bounty. – hold on, hold on, hold on. | …和你的慷慨 -等一下 等一下 |
[24:49] | Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, | 等一下 等一下 等一下 等一下 |
[24:51] | I’ll get it. stay. | 我这就找到信号 等等 |
[24:52] | – it has to happen by tomorrow. – amen! | -明天之前一定要办成 -阿门 |
[24:55] | – dennis, can you hear me? – amen. | -丹尼斯 能听到吗? -阿门 |
[24:57] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[24:58] | What’s wrong with the phone on the wall? | 墙上的电话怎么了? |
[25:02] | It’s a rotary. | 那是手摇式电话 |
[25:04] | Dad, this is technology. it makes my life a lot easier. | 爸爸 这是科技 让我活地更轻松 |
[25:14] | What did you think of coach van scoyoc, mitch? | 你觉得教练范·斯考约克怎么样 米奇? |
[25:20] | Van nazi’s more like it. | 纳粹教练差不多 |
[25:22] | I don’t see what the big freaking whoop about him is. | 我看不出为什么大家都那么看好他 |
[25:27] | He’s a farmer. | 就是个农夫 |
[25:28] | That “farmer” was my coach, too. | 那个农夫曾经是我的教练 |
[25:33] | Not to mention the national coach of the year. | 更不用说全国年度最佳教练 |
[25:36] | You might try listening to him. | 你应该试着听听他的话 |
[25:38] | you might actually learn something. | 你会学到很多东西 |
[25:41] | – something important. | -很重要的东西 |
[25:43] | – supposed to learn that stuff from you. | -那些应该从你那学到的东西 |
[25:58] | Sorry, mom. | 抱歉 妈妈 |
[26:06] | You didn’t find anything funny in that, did you, mitch? | 你没觉得这好笑吧 不是吗 米奇? |
[26:10] | No. | 不好笑 |
[26:12] | Maybe you wanna throw a little “ma’am” in after that. | 你应该在后面加上一个’夫人’什么的 |
[26:16] | No, ma’am. | 不好笑 夫人 |
[26:22] | Don’t you have something to do? | 你是不是应该做点儿什么 |
[27:00] | – she made you come out here, didn’t she? – shut up. | -妈让你出来的 是不是? -闭嘴 |
[27:06] | I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, dad. | 我不知道我哪里做错了 爸爸 |
[27:08] | you were a bit rowdy in your day, too. | 你那个时候也是这样目中无人 |
[27:11] | That was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[27:15] | – when I got you out of jail? – one time. | -当我把你从监狱里保释出来的时候 -就一次 |
[27:19] | You were naked. | 你光着全身 |
[27:22] | – it was called streaking, dad. | -那叫裸奔 爸爸 |
[27:24] | – in an old age home? | 在一个老人家里? |
[27:25] | It’s pretty innocent compared to | 和米奇做的事情比起来 |
[27:27] | to what mitch is getting into. | 那样纯洁多了 |
[27:29] | I just thought that bringing him here | 我只是觉得把他带到这来 |
[27:31] | would be good for both of us. | 对我们两个都有好处 |
[27:34] | Then why are you leaving? | 那为什么你离开? |
[27:36] | Because, dad, I’m not a small town guy. | 因为我不想留在小城市里 |
[27:38] | you know that. | 你知道的 |
[27:39] | I’m more big city. | 大城市更适合我 |
[27:42] | How’s that working out for you? | 去了大城市结果又怎么样? |
[27:49] | Well, I can’t run my business from here, | 在这里我没办法打理生意 |
[27:52] | so I don’t know what else to do. | 我不知道还能做什么 |
[27:56] | – sorry I have to dump him on you like this. – well, | -把他就这样推到你身上我很抱歉 -恩 |
[28:00] | nothing we can do about that now. | 目前我们也没别的办法 |
[28:02] | Jared! | 杰雷德 |
[28:05] | We’ll look after him. | 我们会照顾好他的 |
[28:13] | Jim, you and I basically want the same thing. | 吉姆 你和我都渴望同一件事 |
[28:16] | How do you figure that, harvey? | 你怎么知道的? 哈维 |
[28:17] | Well, you want what’s best for the town, so do i. | 你为这个镇子着想 我也是 |
[28:20] | Sometimes you just have to ride the horse | 有的时候你必须顺应着 |
[28:25] | in the direction in which it’s going. | 大潮流的方向走 |
[28:25] | Harvey, I get the uncomfortable feeling | 哈维 我有种不安的想法 |
[28:29] | You’re trying to put something | 你在改变一些 |
[28:31] | where I don’t want it put. | 我不希望改变的东西 |
[28:33] | Okay, here’s the deal. | 那好 这样吧 |
[28:35] | I let you finish out that contract of yours, | 我让你完成现在的合同 |
[28:37] | which takes you to the end of june. | 你能工作到六月底 |
[28:40] | Then I transition you to madison | 那时候我把你安排到麦迪逊 |
[28:42] | to the industrial arts position, | 当工业艺术老师 |
[28:43] | Which, mind you, currently doesn’t exist. | 提醒你一下 这个职位现在还不存在 |
[28:50] | And my team? | 我的球队呢? |
[28:52] | Oh, your boys get to play one last season of norway baseball, | 你的孩子们为诺威棒球队打完最后一个赛季 |
[28:56] | But without you, | 不过你不是教练 |
[28:58] | Without the “save our school” | 你夫人’救救我们的学校’ |
[29:00] | petition your wife is circulating, | 的陈情书也要叫停 |
[29:01] | And without your big mouth. | 你也要保持沉默 |
[29:04] | I think that just might go a long way | 我想 花一些周折才把你安排到麦迪逊 |
[29:05] | Toward making the transition to madison easier | 会让镇子里的人 |
[29:08] | for this town to understand. | 更容易理解 |
[29:10] | If anybody asks me something, I tell them exactly what I think. | 如果有人问 我会告诉他们我在想什么 |
[29:16] | You know, you tell the truth, harvey, | 你说实话了 哈维 |
[29:18] | you don’t have to remember what you said. | 你不需要记住你说了什么 |
[29:22] | – are we done here? – looks like. | -没别的事情了吧? -看起来是的 |
[29:31] | You have no idea what you’re trying to kill. | 你完全不知道你正在扼杀什么 |
[29:47] | – thanks very much. – thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[29:55] | – hey, kent. – coach. | -嗨 肯特 -教练 |
[29:58] | I didn’t realize your truck could make it this far. | 我没想到你的卡车可以开这么远 |
[30:00] | Hey, don’t badmouth my truck. | 别说我的卡车的坏话 |
[30:03] | – what’s up? – oh, nothing. i… | -什么事? -没什么 我… |
[30:09] | Just thought I’d stop by and see if you still had | 只是想过来看看你是不是还保留着 |
[30:13] | that little notebook of yours. | 你那个小笔记本 |
[30:14] | You drove 250 miles just to ask me that? | 你跑了250英里过来只是问我这个? |
[30:16] | Well, | 嗯 |
[30:16] | i thought you might be interested in | 我觉得你可能对现在 |
[30:18] | what’s been going on up in norway. | 发生在诺威的事情感兴趣 |
[30:21] | See, they’re not gonna let me coach anymore. | 他们不会让我再做教练了 |
[30:23] | They’re killing baseball. | 他们要解散棒球队 |
[30:25] | There’s a big town meeting next month. y | 下个月在全镇有个会议 |
[30:27] | you might want to be there. | 你也许应该回去 |
[30:30] | Now, we ain’t the biggest or the fastest… | 现在我们不是最强大最快的了… |
[30:32] | norway baseball tradition… | 诺威棒球的传统… |
[30:33] | We grow ball players here… 80% of this game is defense… | 我们的球员在这里成长…棒球比赛防守占八成 |
[30:39] | Anyway, think about it, will you? | 无论怎样 考虑一下 好吗? |
[30:41] | You know, those old timers say that | 那些老一辈的人说棒球 |
[30:45] | baseball’s the only game on earth | 是地球上唯一的运动 |
[30:47] | Where the object is to get home, kent. | 因为目标就是能回到家(本垒) 肯特 |
[31:07] | Mitch, company! | 米奇 有人来了 |
[31:12] | Mitch, patrick and richie here want to play catch with you. | 米奇 帕特里克和里奇来找你玩投球 |
[31:16] | – catch? – yeah, okay. | -投球? -是的 |
[31:19] | – richie? – patrick. | -你是里奇? -我是帕特里克 |
[31:20] | Patrick. richie. | 帕特里克 里奇 |
[31:22] | – richie. – I don’t play baseball. | -里奇 -我不玩棒球 |
[31:25] | Try this on for size, mr. “i don’t play baseball.” | 看看这个大小合不合适 ‘我不玩棒球’先生 |
[31:28] | He was an all-star, straight up through colt league. | 他过去是全明星 直接进入联赛 |
[31:32] | He used to send me pictures. | 他常给我寄照片 |
[31:36] | Go on, get out of here. play some ball. | 来吧 出去 玩玩投球 |
[31:42] | – you should come out for the team. – not with that dictator. | -你应该参加球队 -我不想听那个独裁者的话 |
[31:47] | Man, van scoyoc’s a great coach. | 兄弟 范·斯考约克是个很棒的教练 |
[31:50] | Yeah, I heard like a billion times. | 是啊 我听的耳朵都磨出茧子了 |
[31:53] | – you wanna see me pitch? – knock yourself out, kid. | -你先看看我投球 -使劲投过来吧 小孩 |
[32:02] | – you got a live one there, don’t you? | -你们不是死人吧 对吗? |
[32:04] | – is that as hard as you can throw? | -你使出全力投球了? |
[32:05] | No. | 没有 |
[32:10] | – how old are you? – fourteen. | -你多大了? -14岁 |
[32:12] | Fourteen? you should try out for the softball team. | 14岁? 你应该试试玩垒球 |
[32:18] | You’d give them hell. | 你对他说的太狠了 |
[32:20] | Who do i… | 我怎么 |
[32:23] | Who do I see about getting weed around here? | 谁能在这帮我搞到点烟? |
[32:28] | – go get the ball, richie. | -去把球捡回来 里奇 |
[32:30] | – there’s some ditch weed right by the barn. | -谷仓那边到处都是野草 |
[32:31] | – get the ball, richie. – it grows wild around here. | -把球捡回来 里奇 -那杂草太多了 |
[32:32] | Get the damn ball, richie! | 快把该死的球捡回来 里奇 |
[32:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:37] | I don’t want you talking about that stuff | 我不希望你在我弟弟面前说这些话 |
[32:39] | in front of my kid brother, okay? | 可不可以? |
[32:40] | – what’s the big deal? – ’cause we don’t do that crap around here | -那怎么啦? -因为我们这的人都很干净 |
[32:43] | And I don’t want richie getting any ideas, all right? | 而且我不想里奇了解这些 可以吗? |
[32:45] | You got it? | 你听懂了没有? |
[32:46] | Listen, you stupid hick, | 听着 你个蠢乡下人 |
[32:48] | nobody asked you to come around here and play ball with me. | 没人让你跑来和我一起玩球 |
[32:52] | Yeah, they did. | 不 他们让我来的 |
[32:56] | Come on, richie. | 我们走 里奇 |
[32:58] | – richie, come on! – see you, mitch. | -里奇 我们走 -再见 米奇 |
[33:06] | I know some of you are concerned | 我知道有些人担心诺威 |
[33:08] | about norway losing its identity, | 会失去他的称号 |
[33:10] | Especially when it comes to our sports teams. | 特别是对于我们的球队 |
[33:13] | So it’s been decided that, for one year, | 因此我们决定 接下来的一年里 |
[33:16] | Our scores will be reported “madisonlnorway.” | 我们的成绩将记录在’麦迪逊诺威’的名下 |
[33:19] | – what? – what? | -什么? -什么? |
[33:20] | – b.s. – yeah. | -反对 -反对 |
[33:22] | A norway student’s never | 诺威的学生 |
[33:24] | gonna be able to participate in madison. | 根本没办法参与麦迪逊的训练 |
[33:26] | Not with farm chores before and after school | 因为他们校外还有很重的农活要干 |
[33:28] | and a 20-mile drive to and from. | 还要来回开20英里的车 |
[33:29] | – yeah. – that’s right. | -是啊 -没错 |
[33:36] | The madison baseball coach is never gonna | 麦迪逊棒球教练肯定 |
[33:38] | start a norway player. | 不会选用诺威的球员 |
[33:39] | Not even a good one. | 即便是好球员也不会 |
[33:41] | Do you realize how much shit he’d catch for that? | 你没意识到他因此会遭多少责骂? |
[33:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:46] | And how about the average player? he’s got no chance. | 一般的球员怎么办? 他们更没有机会 |
[33:52] | So you tell me again about | 你又在告诉我 |
[33:56] | all this opportunity you keep pitching us? | 你所谓的给我们的机会就是这个吗? |
[34:04] | So what exactly you telling us, harvey? | 哈维 你到底想说什么? |
[34:07] | you saying this is a done deal? | 你的意思是这事已经板上钉钉了? |
[34:10] | Yes, I am. | 没错 |
[34:13] | What? wait. we have almost 400 signatures. | 什么 等等 我们差不多集齐了400个签名 |
[34:17] | That’s 90% of the electorate! 90%! | 占了所有选民的90%了 90% |
[34:21] | Right here. | 就是这个 |
[34:24] | Right here. | 看看这个 |
[34:26] | Four hundred. four hundred, harvey. | 哈维 四百个 四百个选民的签名 |
[34:30] | Well, thank you for that, chic. | 小姐 非常感谢 奇克 |
[34:32] | That represents a lot of hard work on your part. | 你们做了大量辛苦的工作 |
[34:35] | We’ve got the signatures. the merger is postponed. | 我们集齐了签名 学校合并的事应该延期 |
[34:39] | Yes! yes! yes! | 太好了!太好了! |
[34:46] | Sam? | 山姆? |
[34:51] | You had 30 days to file this with the state board. | 你们有30天时间把文件提交给洲学校董事会 |
[34:55] | We’re the school board, chic. I’m sorry. | 而我们是学校董事会 小姐对不起 |
[34:59] | – what? – what the hell? | -什么? -到底怎么回事? |
[35:01] | You didn’t tell us that last time. did you just forget? | 你之前怎么没说 是你忘了? |
[35:04] | Or did you conveniently leave that part out? | 还是你故意隐瞒? |
[35:09] | Do something, pop. | 爷爷做点什么 |
[35:10] | I’m afraid sam is technically right. the petition is invalid. | 从理论上说山姆是完全正确的 所以请求无效 |
[35:21] | Let’s go, boys. | 走吧 伙计们 |
[35:34] | Just so everyone understands, | 你让我们明白了 |
[35:36] | You all are going to go into | 是你们代表了我们参加了 |
[35:38] | a closed session with the madison school board | 麦迪逊学校的董事会议 |
[35:39] | And vote against the wishes of this entire community | 而且投了你们所谓的同意票 |
[35:42] | Based on a minor legal technicality? | 这些都是你所谓的理论上的法律擦边球吗? |
[35:44] | It is the duty of this board | 我们所理解的董事会的责任是 |
[35:45] | To represent the best interests of this community | 代表我们所能想到的 |
[35:50] | as we understand it. | 整个社区的最大利益 |
[35:53] | Does that seem fair to you, miss hudson? | 哈德森小姐 你也是这样想的吗? |
[35:55] | It’s the state’s position that | 作为州学校董事会的立场 |
[35:57] | small schools are a financial burden | 小学校是他们的财政负担 |
[35:59] | And aims to consolidate as many of them as possible. | 而他们所要做的就是尽可能多的合并这些小学校 |
[36:04] | Wow. | 天呐 |
[36:21] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[36:23] | Mr. stock? can I talk to you? | 斯托克先生 我能和你好好谈谈吗? |
[36:27] | You did your talking in there. | 你刚才在里面谈的已经不错了 |
[36:29] | – listen, I’m not the enemy here. – then who are you? | -听着 我不是你的敌人 -那么你是谁? |
[36:32] | I’m someone doing my job. | 我只是在做我的工作 |
[36:35] | Now listen, I know that this is a lot of change all at once | 听着 我知道这一切来得太突如其来 |
[36:38] | But you need to look at the bigger picture. | 但是你应该看看将来 |
[36:39] | This is what is best for this town | 合并是为了这个小镇着想 |
[36:41] | and what’s best for this school. | 同样也是为了这个学校着想 |
[36:43] | This school is all the town has. | 这所学校就是这个小镇所拥有的一切 |
[36:45] | Have you even been to the other small towns | 你有没有去过其他小镇 |
[36:47] | That have had their schools ripped out from under them? | 那些小镇都要把他们的学校给榨干了 |
[36:49] | No. | 没有 |
[36:50] | Then how can you say it’ll be better for us | 你怎么能说这都是为了我们好呢 |
[36:52] | When you haven’t gone back and checked for yourself? | 尤其是你还没有看过那些镇子后扪心自问 |
[36:54] | – I guess that’s not part of your job, is it? | -我想那不是你的工作 对吗? |
[36:56] | – no, it isn’t. | -对 那不是 |
[36:58] | I’m afraid you don’t know what you’re talking about. | 恐怕你都不知道自己在说什么 |
[37:01] | I challenge you. | 我要求你 |
[37:03] | Go back to those towns and have a look for yourself. | 去看看那些镇子 再问问你自己 |
[37:08] | – it’s not her fault, you know? – I know. | -并不全是她的错 你懂吗? -我懂 |
[37:12] | Some of it is. | 多多少少有点 |
[37:20] | – can I take out the truck? – “may l”… | -借一下皮卡好吗? -请注意你的口气 |
[37:24] | – where do you want to go? | -你想去哪里? |
[37:26] | – I don’t know. I’m just bored. | -不知道 只是很无聊 |
[37:28] | Well, when you have someplace to go, | 如果你知道你想去哪里 |
[37:30] | let me know, I’ll drive you. | 告诉我 我带你去 |
[37:36] | What’s he so upset about? | 它好像有什么不开心的事 |
[37:38] | Can’t seem to get past the fact that life isn’t always fair. | 他还是不懂生活永远不是公平的 |
[37:49] | He took the truck. | 他把车开走了 |
[37:52] | Life’s gonna get more unfair. | 生活更不公平了 |
[38:05] | I’ll pay you later! | 我待会付给你钱 |
[38:45] | How you doing? | 你好啊? |
[38:47] | – loving life. – really? | -享受生活 -真的? |
[38:49] | because I heard you were bored. | 我听说你很无聊 |
[38:51] | Get out of the truck. | 下车 |
[38:59] | Keys? | 钥匙呢? |
[39:02] | Let’s go see what your grandpa has to say about this. | 我们去看看你祖父怎么看这件事 |
[39:27] | When you’re done with that, | 等你把这些做完了 |
[39:29] | Grind the feed, feed the pork chops. | 再把饲料磨碎 把猪喂饱 |
[39:33] | Cycle of life. in one end and out the other. | 这就是生活 一天的结束另一天的开始 |
[39:36] | – I don’t think I’m bored anymore. | -我想我不觉得无聊了 |
[39:39] | – sure you still are. | -不 你还是 |
[39:41] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[39:53] | He’s got a big mouth. I warned him. | 他能说会道鼓动群众 我警告过他 |
[39:57] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[39:58] | we don’t bring him back for the rest of the season. | 余下的赛季我们不会让他回来了 |
[40:00] | So you’re going to cancel the season? | 你想取消赛季 |
[40:04] | What, and let them go out as martyrs? | 赛季后他们会成为烈士吗? |
[40:06] | Without van scoyoc coaching them, they go out as losers. | 没有范·斯考约克 他们就是乌合之众 |
[40:09] | The sooner this norway baseball tradition ends, | 诺威棒球队越快结束 |
[40:12] | The sooner we get the merger behind us. | 学校合并的事就越快解决 |
[40:14] | What do you know about this stock guy, the assistant? | 你认识那个叫斯托克的小子吗? 就是那个助教 |
[40:18] | He’s from belle plaine. | 他是从拜耳普兰来的 |
[40:21] | He filled in half of last year | 上赛季过半的时候来的 |
[40:24] | when van scoyoc’s guy moved on. | 那时范·斯考约克的助教走了 |
[40:26] | He coach ball at belle plaine? | 他在拜耳普兰做教练? |
[40:29] | Volleyball. | 排球教练 |
[40:30] | Excellent. he’s got a big mouth, but he’ll do. | 棒极了 虽说挺多嘴的 但应该能行 |
[40:42] | Grandpa’s got me working hard, pretty hard. | 祖父给我的活太累了 真得太累了 |
[40:48] | Well, you could maybe take some of the heat off | 或许那样做可以减去一些脂肪 |
[40:50] | If you found yourself something to do besides | 如果你能给自己找些事情做 |
[40:54] | Stealing trucks and smoking cigarettes. | 我是说除了偷车和抽烟之外的事 |
[41:00] | Get yourself a hobby. | 给自己找个兴趣爱好 |
[41:04] | Or something. you know, anything. | 什么都可以 你知道的 什么都行 |
[41:09] | Where is grandpa? | 爷爷在哪里? |
[41:12] | He’s down there. | 就在那里 |
[41:16] | Smoking a cigar. still thinks I don’t know. | 在抽雪茄 他一直以为我不知道 |
[41:40] | Don’t tell your grandma, you know, | 千万不要告诉你奶奶 |
[41:42] | She thinks I gave them up. | 她以为我戒了 |
[41:46] | I hate it here. | 我恨这里 |
[41:50] | I want to go back home. | 我想回家 |
[41:53] | You know, I had this sergeant at fort bragg | 你知道 曾经我在福特布拉格服役 |
[41:56] | And he said something to me once, stuck with me. | 有人告诉我一个道理 那才使我恍然大悟 |
[41:59] | “even the easy things are tough | 哪怕是最简单的事 |
[42:01] | if you do them half-heartedly.” | 只要你不用心就会很难 |
[42:03] | He actually said “half-assed,” I’m just cleaning it up a little. | 那人说的时候带点脏话 我把原话编的更好听了点 |
[42:09] | “i hate this, I hate that, I’m so bored,” you know. | 我恨这个我恨那个 很无聊 你也知道的 |
[42:14] | Stop whining. you’re just making things tough, you know. | 不要再抱怨了 那只能把事情搞得更糟糕 |
[42:17] | Put your heart in something. | 要用心去做事 |
[42:20] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[42:25] | I know it’s been tough on you guys since your mom passed. | 我知道你妈妈过世后你和你爸爸都很难过 |
[42:33] | It’s all right. it’s okay. | 没事 都过去了 |
[42:36] | You’re supposed to feel this way, you know. | 亲人过世了谁都会难过的 |
[42:42] | Your grandma thinks that you need a hobby. | 你奶奶觉得你应该有个爱好 |
[42:46] | Something you can put your heart in, you know. | 一个能让你感兴趣的爱好 |
[42:49] | Not this here. | 当然不是这个 |
[42:57] | – what kind of hobby? | 什么样的爱好? |
[42:59] | – well, son, she said that you’d figure it out. | 孩子 你奶奶说你自己会找到的 |
[43:01] | You know, she’s a smart woman. | 你知道她是一个聪明的女人 |
[43:03] | Why I snatched her up. | 否则 当初我就不会追她了 |
[43:09] | – she told you to come out here, didn’t she? – no. | -她告诉你来这里吗? -没有 |
[43:13] | Shut up. come on. | 胡扯 告诉我 |
[43:17] | Okay, she did. | 没错 是她告诉我的 |
[43:30] | Coming! hang on a sec. | 来了 等一下 |
[43:47] | I’m going to go check on some of those other small towns. | 我要去看看其他的镇子 |
[43:50] | You are? | 是吗? |
[43:52] | No one will care that norway’s been closed. | 没人会关心学校会关门 |
[43:54] | those kids will be better off. | 孩子们会好起来的 |
[43:57] | You don’t really understand all | 我想你真的不了 |
[43:59] | that much about small town america, do you? | 解美国小镇的生活 对吧? |
[44:00] | – I’m from des moines. – yeah. | -我是从得梅因来的 -对 |
[44:05] | You had supper yet? | 吃过饭了吗? |
[44:07] | I told you they were good. | 怎么样? 好吃吧? |
[44:10] | I could eat like three of these things in high school. | 在读高中的时候 这个我一口气能吃3个 |
[44:12] | – so, where did you go to school? – university of iowa law. | -你在哪里上大学的? -爱荷华州法学院 |
[44:16] | – where’d you go to school? – luther college. | -你呢? -卢瑟大学 |
[44:19] | It’s in decorah. division three school. | 是在德卡拉 第三分校 |
[44:23] | – so, you didn’t grow up here. – no. | -原来你不是在这长大的 -不是 |
[44:26] | What is the big deal with the high school baseball team? | 我不明白是什么使校棒球队 |
[44:28] | I don’t get it. | 对你们如此重要 |
[44:31] | Well, here’s the thing you have to understand about norway. | 因为你不了解校棒球队的历史 |
[44:35] | It’s like being with the new york yankees. | 这就好比是纽约洋基队一样 |
[44:37] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[44:40] | they have a tradition here | 球队是由历史底蕴的不仅仅是 |
[44:42] | that’s about more than just winning. | 输赢那么简单 |
[44:43] | It’s about playing the game right. | 而是单纯的为了比赛而比赛 |
[44:49] | I guess I just want some of that to rub off on me. | 我猜我也多少想沾一些球队的底蕴吧 |
[44:53] | Does that make any sense? | 明白了吗? |
[44:58] | This isn’t going to work, you know. | 你也知道你们的努力没用 |
[45:00] | – what’s not going to work? – you trying to soften me up. | -什么没用? -你正试图感化拉拢我 |
[45:06] | Well, we’ll see. | 我们走着瞧吧 |
[45:08] | Here we go, here we go, boy. here we go, billy. | 比利 来吧 小伙子 来吧 |
[45:10] | Atta boy, billy. | 来吧 比利 |
[45:12] | Strike him out, strike him out. hey, batter, batter, swing! | 把他击出局 震他出局 嘿 打阿 打阿 挥棒 |
[45:15] | Hey, batter, batter, batter, batter! | 打阿 打阿 打阿 打阿 |
[45:17] | Hey, batter, swing! | 嘿 打啊 挥棒 |
[45:22] | – that’s weak. – norway game? | -真没用 -队内比赛? |
[45:24] | Yeah, a little game called fast rubber. | 没错 一个叫棍子打橡胶的小游戏 |
[45:26] | – yeah? who’s next? – you can go. | -是吗? 谁是下一个 -你也可以上 |
[45:28] | – yeah? – you want to play? | -可以吗? -想玩吗? |
[45:29] | – you don’t mind? – no. sure, sure. | -介意吗? -当然不 上吧 |
[45:31] | Go right in? you want it? | 站那吗? 你要烟吗? |
[45:33] | I got the ball. I’m pitching. | 给我球 我要扔了 |
[45:35] | Look out, here he goes. | 小心点 他来了 |
[45:38] | A little rust. | 很久没动了 |
[45:40] | – get him, patrick. – all right. | -把他击出局 -没问题 |
[45:46] | Give me the ball, give me the ball. | 给我球 把球给我 |
[45:48] | All right, here we go. too fast for you, too fast? | 来了 准备 是不是太快了? |
[45:50] | – you get two more. – here we go, here we go, boy. | -你还有2次机会 -来吧 伙计 |
[45:57] | One more. let’s go. he held on to it. | 还有一个 准备 接得住吗? |
[45:59] | Hey, whip some more… I got to feel it. | 嘿 用力 都感觉不到啊 |
[46:01] | – you swing like a girl. – one more. | -他挥棒挥的像个女生 -再一个 |
[46:07] | – come here. – yeah? not as easy as it looks. | -来吧 -没看上去那么容易吧 |
[46:10] | There you go. | 来吧 |
[46:12] | – good luck. – go ahead, fight dirty. | -祝你好运 -来呀 别来阴的 |
[46:20] | Come on. throw it right here. | 来啊 往这儿扔 |
[46:22] | Come on, patrick. | 加油 帕特里克 |
[46:29] | That’s chickenshit! come on, city boy! | 胆小鬼 来啊 城里人 |
[46:31] | – ball slipped. what? what’s the problem? | -球滑了 怎么样 有问题吗? |
[46:33] | – you’re the problem! | -你就是问题 |
[46:34] | Don’t even bother coming out for the team! | 永远都不要来球队捣乱 |
[46:36] | – oh, yeah? – yeah! | -是吗 -是的 |
[46:37] | – why not? – that big-city crap | -你想怎么样? -城市来的垃圾 |
[46:38] | – doesn’t cut it around here! – no? | -别在这里找麻烦 -我没有 |
[46:39] | You’d get cut first day! | 你会是第一个从这被踢走的人 |
[46:41] | Get off of me! yeah, go back to chicago! | 放开我 滚回芝加哥去 |
[46:44] | Hey, man, why don’t you just go get in your jag and leave? | 嘿 伙计 为什么还不赶紧穿衣服走人? |
[46:51] | Come on, have a cigarette and loosen up. | 算了吧 抽根烟放松一下 |
[46:53] | Come on, let’s go. let’s play. who’s up? | 算了 我们继续玩 下一个是谁? |
[46:57] | Kevin’s up. | 该凯文 |
[46:59] | – sir, it’d be the opportunity of a lifetime. | -先生 这是我等了一辈子的机会 |
[47:01] | – you got that right. | -没错 |
[47:02] | – yeah. – we’ll let you know. | -好的 -我们会通知你的 |
[47:04] | Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[47:07] | – volleyball, huh? | -排球? |
[47:09] | – girls’ volleyball, actually. | -准确地说是女子排球 |
[47:11] | Perfect. | 太好了 |
[47:14] | – see you. | -回头见 |
[47:18] | You’re… | 你是 |
[47:21] | Cindy. | 辛迪 |
[47:23] | – cindy. hi. – hi. | -辛迪 你好 -你好 |
[47:29] | So, I heard you and my brother had some run-ins. | 我听说你和我的哥哥有些过节 |
[47:34] | – who’s your brother? – patrick. | -谁是你哥哥? 帕特里克 |
[47:36] | Patrick’s your brother? | 帕特里克是你哥哥? |
[47:40] | Four more years, | 4年后 |
[47:41] | you’ll have one of these of your own, all right? | 你们也会拥有自己的棒球帽 懂吗? |
[47:42] | Yeah. | 对阿 |
[47:44] | He’s on the baseball team, right? | 他是棒球队的吧? |
[47:51] | If you’re a norway baseball player | 如果你是诺威校队的 |
[47:53] | you’re a hometown hero. | 那么你就是这里的英雄 |
[47:58] | – all right, see you. – yeah, I’m mitch. | -好了 回见 -好吧 我叫米奇 |
[48:03] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道了 |
[48:05] | – give me a high five. – hey, guys. | -伙计们 -嗨 伙计们 |
[48:07] | – hey. – how’s it going? we going to dq? | -嗨 -我们准备去哪玩? |
[48:09] | I don’t know. you bringing him? | 我不知道 你带他去吗? |
[48:11] | Whatever happens, you guys are staying in school. | 不管怎么样 你们待在学校里 |
[48:16] | I could get a part-time job. | 我可以找个兼职 |
[48:17] | It’s just not right that they’re letting you go. | 他们让你去是不对的 |
[48:21] | Hey, coach. | 嗨 教练 |
[48:22] | I’m mitch. I’m in your industrial arts class at school. | 我叫米奇 是你工业艺术课的学生 |
[48:26] | Yeah, I remember. | 没错 我记得你 |
[48:27] | I was just wondering if, maybe, | 我想 可以的话 |
[48:30] | if we could talk in private. | 我想和你私下谈谈 |
[48:36] | Sure. this is my wife sheryl. | 当然 这是我太太谢里尔 |
[48:39] | Hi. I’m mitch akers. | 嗨 我叫米奇·埃克尔斯 |
[48:41] | – these are my kids, chad. – hey. | -这是我的孩子 查德 -你好 |
[48:43] | – how do you do? – I’m mitch, how are you? | -你好 -你好 我叫米奇 |
[48:44] | – jean marie. – hi. | -我是珍 玛丽 -你好 |
[48:46] | – hi. – nice to meet you. | -你好 -很高兴认识你 |
[48:47] | Come on inside. | 进来谈吧 |
[48:58] | What’s on your mind? | 你想说什么? |
[49:01] | I want to apologize | 我想道歉 |
[49:07] | For my… | 因为我… |
[49:13] | My grandma says I need a hobby. | 我奶奶说我需要培养兴趣 |
[49:18] | I had this kid once, | 曾经有个孩子 |
[49:22] | I asked him to lay down a bunt. | 我让他放弃触击 |
[49:24] | a runner on second, nobody out. | 后备的击跑员 没有人退出 |
[49:26] | We’re down one to cedar rapids, big 4a school, | 香柏滩无疑是个大的4A学校 |
[49:29] | top of the seventh. | 排名第七 |
[49:33] | We get our runner to third, clean-up hitter’s on deck, | 我们让跑垒者第三 充分准备的击球者 |
[49:36] | Chances are we tie the game. | 可能我们不分胜负 |
[49:40] | Dude should totally bunt. | 那家伙完全可以达到球的 |
[49:42] | He didn’t. he swung away. | 但他没有 挥击失败 |
[49:46] | – and you lost. – nope. | -你们输了 -不 |
[49:51] | “dude” hit a two-run homer and we won. | 那家伙来个2回全垒打 我们获胜 |
[49:56] | And I benched him the next game. | 下场比赛我让他做了替补 |
[50:01] | Well, he pissed and moaned for a while, | 他抱怨了一会 |
[50:03] | but he got the message. | 但他还是理解了 |
[50:07] | Damn good player, your father. | 你父亲是很棒的球员 |
[50:12] | Good attitude, too, eventually. | 态度也很好 |
[50:21] | I want to go out for your baseball team. | 我想加入你的棒球队出赛 |
[50:26] | I’m a pretty good catcher. | 我是很好的接球手 |
[50:30] | I’m not coaching at norway anymore. | 我在诺威没当教练了 |
[50:36] | You’ll have to talk to whoever the new coach is. | 这些话你应该和新教练说 |
[50:44] | Well, | 好的 |
[50:46] | Nice meeting you, ma’am. | 很高兴认识你 女士 |
[50:47] | – I’ll see you. thanks, coach. – yeah. | -回头见 谢谢你教练 |
[50:59] | It’s okay to miss it. | 怀念一下感觉也不错 |
[51:01] | Be a whole lot easier if that field was | 赛场距离千里之外 |
[51:06] | A thousand miles away. | 完全是另一回事 |
[51:12] | Well, mr. makepeace | 迈克皮斯先生将会 |
[51:14] | that just about wraps up my work here in norway. | 接手我在诺威的工作 |
[51:16] | Well, you did a heck of a job for us, miss hudson. | 你确实帮了我不少的忙 哈德森小姐 |
[51:18] | – thank you very much. – thank you. | -非常感谢 -谢谢 |
[51:20] | And don’t worry, | 别担心 |
[51:22] | we’re taking steps to deal with the nay-sayers. | 我们正采取措施去处理反对的人 |
[51:25] | Sir, that’s really none of my business. | 这和我无关 |
[51:27] | We’re going to hire a coach who’s going to | 我们要聘请一个教练拉球队下水 |
[51:29] | take the team down with him.Fall flat on his ass. | 输得一败涂地 也让他自己身败名裂 |
[51:31] | Mr. makepeace, there’s a ken stock here to see you | 迈克皮斯先生 有个叫肯·斯托克的人找你 |
[51:35] | For an appointment regarding | 关于棒球队主教练 |
[51:37] | the baseball head coach position. | 这一职位的事情 |
[51:39] | – well, I’ll be going. – no, no, no, hang around. | -好的 我马上离开 -不不不 留在这里 |
[51:42] | This is going to be fun. send him in. | 没事 请他进来 |
[51:50] | – am I interrupting something? – not at all, ken. | -打扰您很抱歉 -没事 肯 |
[51:53] | It’s actually kent, like clark. | 应该是肯特 就是超人的那个肯特 |
[51:56] | Well, kent, congratulations, | 恭喜你 肯特 |
[52:00] | we’re giving you the coaching job. | 你将任职做棒球队的教练 |
[52:02] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[52:03] | I better get going. thank you. | 我要走了 再见 |
[52:07] | We’ve decided our boys from norway deserve one final season. | 我们决定诺威棒球队有资格参加最后赛季 |
[52:11] | You know, to go out in style. | 风光的去出赛 |
[52:13] | – you’re just the man to lead them. | 你就是这个带头的人 |
[52:15] | – I hope so. | 正如我意 |
[52:17] | – sit down, sit down. – yeah. | -坐 坐 坐 -好的 |
[52:31] | It’s pretty old. | 很旧了 |
[52:34] | It’s twice your age, son. | 这玩意儿比你大两轮 |
[52:37] | Coach bernie hutchinson gave it to me when he moved on. | 伯尼·哈奇森教练把它交给我 然后离去 |
[52:40] | Read the name scratched on the end there. | 看一下刻在球棒末端的名字 |
[52:44] | Trosky. | 特罗斯基 |
[52:47] | This is the bat that hit the ball that hopped the train | 这是那个他把球一直打到开往 |
[52:49] | All the way to chicago? | 芝加哥火车上用的球棒? |
[52:51] | Hal gave it to bernie, bernie gave it to me | 哈尔把它传给伯尼 伯尼将它传给我 |
[52:55] | And now I’m giving it to you. | 现在我将它交给你 |
[52:58] | Coach, I can’t accept that. | 教练 我承受不起 |
[52:59] | No. you got to. | 不 你必须接受 |
[53:02] | Part of the tradition handed down by the gods of baseball. | 这就是伟大的棒球员们的传统精髓 |
[53:07] | You wouldn’t want to piss them off, would you? | 你不想惹怒他们 对吧? |
[53:09] | No, sir. no, I wouldn’t. | 对 我不会 |
[53:13] | Well, you take those kids all the way, coach. | 一定要带好那帮孩子们 教练 |
[53:20] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[53:22] | There it is. that’s him. | 在这 就是他 |
[53:25] | He played all right. | 他打得还行 |
[53:27] | He made the last out in the championship game. | 他是冠军赛中的最后一名 |
[53:33] | – great. – never won the big one. | -对 -从来没有赢过大赛 |
[53:37] | We’re screwed. | 我们这回可完了 |
[54:00] | – what you got that thing set on? – vida blue. | -什么让你开始训练的? -维达 布鲁(棒球明星) |
[54:10] | – where’d you learn to hit like that? – my dad. | -你从哪学的这样击球? -我父亲 |
[54:15] | What school you say you go to? | 你在哪上学? |
[54:19] | – norway. – excellent. | -诺威 -很好 |
[54:24] | I’m kent stock. | 我叫肯特·斯托克 |
[54:27] | Hi. Mitch Akers. | 你好 我叫米奇·埃克尔斯 |
[54:40] | Hi. | 你好 |
[54:45] | – hey, chip. – hey, coach. | -奇普 你好 -教练好 |
[54:49] | I was going to tell you about that. | 我正想告诉你这个 |
[54:59] | Look, we’re missing a bunch of guys. | 我还想给你说 |
[55:03] | I was going to tell you about that,too. | 我们还流失了一些选手 |
[55:05] | Well, we’ll play with what we have. | 好吧 不管怎样我也得打球 |
[55:08] | we’re few but we’re not bad. | 人少但打的都还不错 |
[55:10] | – right. – how the hell would you know? | -好 -你知道个啥? |
[55:13] | Somebody say something? | 谁说的? |
[55:16] | Go on, speak up. | 继续 说啊 |
[55:19] | Some of the guys think you don’t know what you’re doing, | 一些人认为你不根本知道你在做什么 |
[55:22] | 教练 coach. | |
[55:23] | – you included, patrick? | -包括你吗? |
[55:24] | coach van scoyoc would’ve gone pro | 范·斯考约克教练是因为征兵 |
[55:25] | If the army hadn’t drafted him. | 才没能去打职业棒球的 |
[55:27] | Okay. I get it. | 好的 我知道了 |
[55:30] | Kevin, you’re our number-one pitcher, right? | 凯文 你是一流的投球手是吧? |
[55:33] | I get three pitches. I hit one out, | 你投三次球 我击中一次的话 |
[55:35] | You shut up about me and start focusing on yourselves. | 你们就闭嘴 干自己该干的事情 |
[55:40] | There’s no way you hit one out. | 你根本就不可能击中 |
[55:42] | Do we have a deal? | 我们打赌吧? |
[55:44] | – yeah, deal but… – let’s do it. | -好 一言为定 -好的 咱们来吧 |
[55:48] | Owen, give me a bat. | 欧文 给我球拍 |
[55:49] | – all right, kevin. – shut him down. | -好 凯文 -击倒他 |
[55:53] | All right, he’s meat, kevin. bring it! | 好的 他很菜的 凯文 来吧 |
[55:56] | – here we go, kevin. – give him something hard. | -走吧 凯文 -给他点颜色看 |
[56:03] | Give me the heat, let’s go. I’m not kidding. | 玩真格的 来吧 我没闹着玩 |
[56:06] | All right, kevin, no puss. bring it. I mean it. | 好的 凯文 不要手软 来吧 我是认真的 |
[56:17] | You only get two more. | 还剩两球 |
[56:20] | Come on, kevin. | 加油 凯文 |
[56:24] | Come on. | 加油 |
[56:34] | No. | 不 |
[56:40] | Okay, kevin, bring it in. | 好 凯文 过来吧 |
[56:44] | Come on, guys. | 加油 伙计 |
[56:49] | Lose the volleyballs. | 输给排球教练了吧 |
[56:52] | – told you it was a bad idea. – whatever. | -我说过这行不通 -无所谓了 |
[56:54] | Chip! outfield! | 奇普 到外场去 |
[56:56] | the rest of you guys will take some infield. | 剩下的留在内场 |
[56:58] | – sammy, shag for me. – infield, boys. infield! | -小山姆 你过来 -内场 伙计 内场 |
[57:00] | Coach. | 教练 |
[57:01] | – owen, fungoe, come on, buddy! – you want me to catch? | -加油 欧文 飞球 快点 -你想让我来接球? |
[57:05] | – no, steve’s got it. – don’t I get a shot? | -不 斯蒂文来接球 -不是我吗? |
[57:09] | What we need is outfielders now, all right? | 现在我们需要的是外场手 知道吗? |
[57:11] | go ahead and take center. | 到中场去 |
[57:12] | – way to go, coach. – thank you. | -真厉害 教练 -谢谢 |
[57:14] | Mitch, remember I need your bat in the lineup, | 米奇 记着给你说的球棒的位置 |
[57:16] | so don’t hang your head. | 所以给我把头抬起来 |
[57:17] | Let’s go. sammy, shagging balls, atta boy. | 来吧 小山姆跟紧球 小孩儿 |
[57:19] | Yes, sir, coach. | 是 教练 |
[57:20] | Let’s go, let’s get one. | 开始吧 开始第一球 |
[57:23] | All I’m saying is a t-ball player has a better chance | 我的意思是一个少年球员比我们的孩子们 |
[57:26] | Of hitting a nolan ryan fastball | 更有可能击出像诺兰·莱恩 |
[57:28] | than our boys have of going to state. | 那样的快球 |
[57:30] | Jim says that stock kid’s bright as a musco. | 吉姆说斯托克的队员们都聪明绝顶 |
[57:34] | I say what we need is a coach, not a big light. | 我们需要的是教练 不是大明星 |
[57:38] | Never going to be the way it used to be around here. | 不要老想着以前的事情 |
[57:40] | – hey, patrick! – hey. | -帕特里克 -你好 |
[57:42] | – have a seat. – all right, then. | -进来坐 -好的 |
[57:44] | – it won’t take long. – okay. | -稍等会 -好的 |
[57:46] | Just want you to know that nobody expects you guys | 只是想告诉你今年没有人对你们 |
[57:50] | to win anything this year. | 抱很高的希望 |
[57:51] | Not with tyler and jim gone, and half the boys not coming out. | 泰勒和吉姆离开了 一半的队员不出场 |
[57:54] | – so don’t sweat it. – okay. great. | -别多心 -好的 没事 |
[58:01] | Thanks, scotty. | 谢谢你 斯科蒂 |
[58:03] | Patrick… | 帕特里克… |
[58:06] | Well, am I wrong? things change. | 我说错了吗? 一切都变了 |
[58:08] | Well, I’m surprised at a lot of people in this town. | 我很惊讶 全镇那么多人都不给于 |
[58:12] | We have so little faith in these boys | 这些对你我都很重要的 |
[58:14] | who have meant so much to us. | 孩子们一点信任 |
[58:16] | Well, you think it’d help if | 如果我们都到教堂祈祷 |
[58:19] | we all said a prayer for them at church? | 你觉得有用吗? |
[58:21] | A good prayer is fine, | 好的球员是很优秀 |
[58:23] | but there’s got to be a little action with it. | 但都需要实在的行动 |
[58:24] | You know, it wouldn’t hurt | 如果都能恢复训练 |
[58:26] | if you started coming back to practices. | 其实并不是什么大事 |
[58:32] | Let’s go, eddie, bring it home! | 开始 埃迪 来个全垒打 |
[58:34] | Get there, come on! | 在那 快 |
[58:39] | Keep it down! get those throws down, come on, fellows! | 低点 把球扔的低点 大家加油 |
[58:47] | Come on, spitz! know where you’re going with it! | 加油 费兹 要弄清你现在所处的位置 |
[58:53] | Sammy, back him up! come on! | 小山姆 协助他 加油 |
[58:56] | That’s you, that’s you! get there! | 就是你 就是你 快去 |
[58:59] | Let’s go, bring it in! | 重来一遍 |
[59:09] | What is going on? | 这是怎么了? |
[59:11] | I mean, what’s with you guys? | 你们怎么回事? |
[59:14] | Stands used to be filled when we practiced. | 我们以前训练时 座位都是满的 |
[59:16] | Yeah, now all we got is that stalker guy. | 是啊 现在就剩那个偷偷摸摸的家伙了 |
[59:20] | It’s okay, I’m married! | 没关系的 我结婚了! |
[59:23] | He’s a reporter for the des moines paper. | 他是得梅因报纸的记者 |
[59:26] | And he’s bald, that’s why he wears his little hat. | 他还是个秃头 所以要戴个小帽子 |
[59:28] | All right. thinks we’re going to fall flat on our asses. | 他觉得我们会一败涂地 |
[59:31] | Butts. sorry, coach. | 但是 教练 打扰一下 |
[59:33] | – even coach van scoyoc thinks that. – no, he doesn’t. | -连范·斯考约克教练都这样认为 -不 他没有 |
[59:35] | Yeah, shut up, sam. | 闭嘴 山姆 |
[59:37] | Coach van scoyoc took one for the team | 范 斯考约克教练 |
[59:39] | so we could all play one final season. | 那么做是让我们能打最后一个赛季 |
[59:40] | All right, listen up. | 听好了 |
[59:42] | We decide what happens out here, all right? not the papers, | 胜负由我们来决定 对吧? 而不是报纸 |
[59:45] | not the people in town. | 不是镇上的人 |
[59:46] | I don’t want to hear one more word about madison and the merger. | 我不想听到任何有关麦迪逊和合并的字眼 |
[59:49] | We’re going to play norway baseball. | 我们就只是诺威棒球队 |
[59:52] | Van scoyoc baseball, bernie hutchinson baseball. | 范·斯考约克和伯尼·哈奇森的棒球队 |
[59:55] | We do that, no matter what happens, we go out winners. | 我们要去打球 不论如何 我们要取胜 |
[59:58] | You got it? | 听明白了吗? |
[1:00:02] | – you got it? – yeah. | -听到了吗? -明白了 |
[1:00:04] | Well, good! get out there and let’s run it again. come on! | 好 现在散开 我们再来一遍 快 |
[1:00:09] | All right. | 好 |
[1:00:10] | – ciao, coach. – thanks. | -教练再见 -谢谢 |
[1:00:13] | – see you, coach. – see you. | -教练再见 -再见 |
[1:00:15] | – hey, sorry, coach. – for what? | -教练 对不起 -为什么? |
[1:00:17] | – the volleyball thing. – get out of here. | -排球的事 -赶紧走人 |
[1:00:19] | – see you tomorrow. – pretty funny. | -明天见 -很有趣 |
[1:00:21] | It’s not that funny, but it’s pretty funny. | -不是好玩儿 而是十分有趣 |
[1:00:23] | – here, take that. – thanks, coach. | -来 拿着它 -谢谢教练 |
[1:00:26] | – looks like they’re warming up to you. – yeah. | -看起来他们都适应你了 -没错 |
[1:00:32] | First game’s friday. | 周五第一场比赛 |
[1:00:34] | if they play like they practiced, we’re dead. | 如果他们像训练这样打球 我们肯定输 |
[1:00:36] | I guess we’re going to have to call it. | 我觉得我们不得不取消比赛了 |
[1:00:38] | We can’t play in this. | 这种天气不能打球 |
[1:00:41] | Thanks, guys. | 谢谢你们 |
[1:00:43] | Well, we’re back out here tomorrow | 那么明天我们在这里集合 |
[1:00:44] | Against cedar rapids kennedy, so get home and get some sleep. | 对战香柏滩肯尼迪队 回家好好休息 |
[1:00:49] | I’m going to get a beer. | 我想去喝一杯酒 |
[1:00:51] | Want to come over and watch the game? | 想过来看比赛吗? |
[1:00:52] | – no, I’ll see you tomorrow. – all right. | -不 明天见 -好的 |
[1:00:55] | Good for the corn. roger dempsey, des moines register. | 好大的雨啊 我是罗杰·邓普西 得梅因的特约记者 |
[1:00:59] | Yeah, I’ve read some of your complimentary articles. | 我读过你的一些文章 |
[1:01:01] | Take it easy, coach. this is what I do. | 别紧张 教练 我就是干这个的 |
[1:01:04] | Well, what I do is get my players over some of the bad-mouthing | 我要干的就是让我的队员不会 |
[1:01:07] | They’ve been getting from guys like you. | 受到像你们这种人的肆意抨击 |
[1:01:09] | You know, so they can play a little baseball | 这样他们才能 |
[1:01:11] | for their high school Before going out into the real world | 在踏入社会并做你们这种 |
[1:01:12] | and getting crummy jobs like yours. | 无聊工作之前在校园里打打棒球 |
[1:01:16] | We’re being honest, huh? well, let me tell you something, | 我们都是很爽快的人 告诉你 |
[1:01:18] | I have the best job in america. | 我干的是全美国最好的工作 |
[1:01:21] | I can’t play baseball, so I write about it. | 我不会打球 但能写球 |
[1:01:24] | And you may not like it, but it’s always honest. | 也许你不喜欢我的文章 但我的文章都很中肯 |
[1:01:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:01:29] | We’ll pick it up again tomorrow. | 我们明天再讨论 |
[1:01:31] | because I love this. this is terrific. | 因为我喜欢这样 非常棒 |
[1:01:32] | But I got to get back to the office now. my crummy job. | 但是我现在要回办公室 做无聊的工作 |
[1:01:35] | I’ve even got the lead for tomorrow, what do you think? | 我把明天头条都想好了 你觉得怎样 |
[1:01:38] | “cub coach kent stock irritates the voice of norway.” | “肯特·斯托克教练震怒了诺威” |
[1:01:43] | – not bad. keep working on it. – you, too. | -还好 好好干吧 -你也是 |
[1:01:57] | Hey there. | 喂 |
[1:01:58] | – hi. – come on in. | -你好 -快进来 |
[1:02:00] | Just for a minute. | 就呆一会 |
[1:02:06] | From the bridge. free. | 从上次我们吃饭那带来的 |
[1:02:12] | Well, that’s sweet. | 好 真感动 |
[1:02:14] | I came out here to tell you that you were right. | 我来是想告诉你 你是对的 |
[1:02:16] | Those smaller schools that were absorbed by larger districts | 那些小学校被大社区给榨干 |
[1:02:19] | Their economies were absorbed, too. | 他们的经济也被榨干了 |
[1:02:21] | they’re turning into ghost towns. | 都变成了空城 |
[1:02:23] | Well, did you talk to the norway school board about it? | 你和诺威学校领导谈过了吗? |
[1:02:25] | – yes. – and? | -谈过 -然后呢? |
[1:02:27] | makepeace is not interested in statistics | 迈克皮斯先生对他职位没有利益 |
[1:02:30] | that don’t support his position. | 的资料不感兴趣 |
[1:02:32] | – and he pretty much controls the board. – yeah. | -他几乎是控制了董事会 -是的 |
[1:02:36] | – I’m sorry. – no… | -对不起 -不… |
[1:02:39] | – listen, you want to come in and sit down? – I should go. | -你进来坐会吧? -我要回去了 |
[1:02:41] | But good luck tomorrow. | 祝你明天好运 |
[1:02:44] | – with what? – the game. cedar rapids kennedy. | -为什么? -和香柏滩肯尼迪队的比赛 |
[1:02:47] | You know about that? how’d you know about that? | 你知道? 你怎会知道啊? |
[1:02:50] | Baseball’s not just for boys. | 棒球不只是男孩的运动 |
[1:02:53] | Hey, wait! can I get your number? | 等等 我能留下你的号码吗? |
[1:02:56] | I wrote it on the bag. | 我已经写在袋子上了 |
[1:03:13] | – hello? – coach hinkleman? it’s kent stock here. | -喂 -是希克尔曼教练吗? 我是肯特·斯托克 |
[1:03:16] | – hi, kent. – it’s really pouring. | -你好 肯特 -这里下大雨了 |
[1:03:19] | We got clear skies here. our field’s ready to go. | 我这天气很好 赛场已经准备好了 |
[1:03:22] | Well, it was supposed to be a home game but… | 本应该是你们主场的比赛 但 |
[1:03:24] | You don’t want to call your first two games | 你应该不会因为下雨 |
[1:03:26] | right out of the chute, do you, | 把头两场比赛都取消吧? |
[1:03:28] | kid? | 孩子? |
[1:03:29] | No. | 不 |
[1:03:31] | I didn’t think so. why don’t you load up and come on over? | 我也不这么想 干脆你们准备好过来比赛吧? |