时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:31] | I’m practicing. Debate team competition this afternoon. | 我在练习呢 今天下午团队辩论比赛 |
[00:34] | Oh, what’s the debate about? | 辩论的题目是什么 |
[00:36] | Whether hate speech should be regulated | 仇恨言论是该被限制 |
[00:38] | or protected by the First Amendment. | 还是该受到《宪法第一修正案》的保护 |
[00:39] | Heavy stuff. Which side are you arguing? | 这话题够严肃 你是哪一方的 |
[00:42] | Well, they don’t tell you until you get there, | 到现场他们才会告诉你 |
[00:43] | so you have to prepare both. | 所以正反两方都要准备 |
[00:46] | Is it hard to be passionate about something you don’t believe in? | 对于你不相信的东西充满激情是不是很难 |
[00:48] | What I believe in most of all is winning the debate. | 我最相信的是要赢得辩论 |
[00:51] | I don’t think I could do it. | 我觉得我做不到 |
[00:53] | That’s ’cause you’re a better person than I am. | 那是因为你人比我更好 |
[00:57] | You’re gonna change the world, Payton. | 你会改变世界的 佩顿 |
[01:00] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[01:02] | Because I see you. | 因为我懂你 |
[01:05] | And, hey, because of that op-ed column | 还有 正因为你在学生报纸上写的 |
[01:06] | you wrote in the student newspaper, | 那个评论专栏 |
[01:08] | there are healthy options in the lunchroom now, | 现在午餐厅开始提供健康食品选择了 |
[01:09] | like sliced kiwi. | 比如切片猕猴桃 |
[01:10] | It does have four times the vitamin C of an orange. | 它的维生素C含量确实是橙子的四倍呢 |
[01:12] | I think you do so much all the time | 我觉得你总是不停地做这忙那 |
[01:14] | that you lose perspective on how special you are. | 你忽略了自己有多么与众不同 |
[01:18] | Hey, come here. Do a breathing exercise with me. | 来吧 和我一起做个呼吸练习 |
[01:20] | It’ll calm you down. | 这会让你平静下来 |
[01:21] | Four breaths in, four breaths out. | 吸四下 呼四下 |
[01:23] | Nice and deep. | 放松 深呼吸 |
[01:27] | One. | 一 |
[01:32] | Two. | 二 |
[01:38] | Three. | 三 |
[01:43] | Four. | 四 |
[01:48] | Hey, if you get nervous out there, just look for me. | 如果你在上面太紧张了 就找找我 |
[01:50] | I’ll be in the front row. | 我会坐在前排 |
[01:53] | Bored out of your skull? | 肯定会闷得要死吧 |
[01:54] | No, never when I’m watching you, man. | 不会 看着你我永远都不会闷 |
[01:57] | Hey, do the breathing one more time. | 再做一次呼吸练习吧 |
[02:02] | One. | 一 |
[02:06] | Two. | 二 |
[02:11] | Three. | 三 |
[02:17] | Four. | 四 |
[02:30] | It’ll be just another moment, Payton. | 再等一下就好了 佩顿 |
[02:32] | I appreciate your patience. | 谢谢你的耐心 |
[02:41] | Wanted to wish you luck. This is a big day for you. | 就是想祝你好运 今天对你是重要的一天 |
[02:43] | For all of us. I want you to know that I’m ride or die | 对我们都是 我想让你知道我们同生死 |
[02:45] | and I want you to put this Infinity stuff out of your mind, OK? | 还有别再想英菲尼蒂的事了 好吗 |
[02:48] | – Okay. – You, me, James. | -好 -你 我 詹姆斯 |
[02:50] | We’re the only people on planet Earth who know about Infinity. | 我们是地球上唯一知道英菲尼蒂真相的人 |
[02:52] | Well, four if you count her grandma, but I’m 100% confident | 如果算上她姥姥是四个人 不过我百分百确定 |
[02:55] | that we can keep this locked down | 在竞选余下的时间里 |
[02:56] | and a total non-issue for the remainder of the campaign. | 我们可以封锁消息 不让它节外生枝 |
[03:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:02] | Thank you. That helps. | 谢谢 这些话挺有用 |
[03:03] | Now go get ’em, tiger. We’re with you every step of the way. | 现在去搞定他们吧 我们一路支持你 |
[03:10] | They’re ready for you now. | 你可以进去了 |
[03:19] | It’s a pleasure to see you again, Mr. Hobart, | 很高兴再次见到你 霍巴特先生 |
[03:22] | though a phone call certainly would have been sufficient. | 不过其实你打个电话就可以了 |
[03:25] | Well, it seemed to me that this warranted meeting face-to-face. | 我觉得此事还是很有必要面谈 |
[03:29] | It’s a bit of an understatement to say | 最近我身上发生了一些变故 |
[03:30] | that circumstances have changed for me. | 恐怕这么说都还太轻描淡写 |
[03:33] | I’ve recently been made the sole benefactor | 最近我被指定为我们家族财富的 |
[03:35] | of my family’s fortune. | 唯一受益人 |
[03:37] | Upon my father’s death, I will inherit several billion dollars | 在我父亲死后 我将继承数十亿美元 |
[03:39] | and become one of the richest people in the country. | 并成为国内最富有的人士之一 |
[03:42] | Well, that’s wonderful news. | 那真是太好了 |
[03:46] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[03:48] | Does that mean that you have come | 那是否意味着你对我们 |
[03:49] | to a decision with regard to our offer? | 开出的条件做了决定呢 |
[03:52] | Oh, so, you mean, your offer | 您是指之前 |
[03:53] | allowing me to buy my way into Harvard? | 让我花钱进哈佛的条件吗 |
[03:55] | Oh, well, we don’t look at it that way. | 我们不这么说 |
[03:58] | This is just how these things are done. | 这类事就是这么处理的 |
[04:01] | We are arguably the most prestigious institution in the world. | 毫无疑问 我们是世界上声望最高的学府 |
[04:06] | Full stop. | 毋庸置疑 |
[04:07] | A Harvard education can hardly be quantified. | 哈佛的教育很难用金钱衡量 |
[04:10] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[04:12] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[04:17] | You guys, you’ve really screwed the pooch on this one. | 二位 你们真的是犯了个大错误 |
[04:20] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[04:21] | Well, if you had just accepted my application instead of… | 如果你们接受了我的申请而不是… |
[04:25] | extorting me, you would’ve gotten ten times that. | 敲诈我 你们本可以拿到高十倍的捐赠 |
[04:28] | Now, don’t… don’t get me wrong, | 别… 别误会 |
[04:30] | I do want a building on this campus with my name on it. | 我确实想在校园里建一栋冠以我名字的大楼 |
[04:33] | About 500 yards from here on the north bank of the Charles, | 查尔斯河北岸离此处大约500码的地方 |
[04:36] | that’s where I’m going to break ground | 我将在那为我的 |
[04:37] | on my presidential library. | 总统图书馆破土动工 |
[04:39] | On the day that I become a private citizen | 就在我结束了两届任期 |
[04:41] | after my second term in office. | 成为普通公民的那一天 |
[04:43] | A second term that I will have won in a landslide. | 两届我以压倒性优势胜选的任期 |
[04:50] | You see, gentlemen, I’m gonna be President of the United States. | 知道吗 先生们 我要成为美国总统 |
[04:54] | Now, I don’t say that to impress you | 我这么说并不是为了惊艳你们 |
[04:56] | or to seem terribly precocious, | 或者显得过于老成 |
[04:58] | I’m merely stating a fact. I will be president someday… | 我只是陈述事实 将来某天我一定会当上总统 |
[05:02] | because I will stop at nothing. | 因为不达目的我绝不收手 |
[05:05] | You’re aware that I’ve been accepted | 你们知道我已经被 |
[05:06] | at Yale, Stanford, and Princeton | 耶鲁 斯坦福和普林斯顿录取了 |
[05:07] | without pulling any strings or buying any buildings. | 无需凭借任何关系或者花钱捐什么楼 |
[05:10] | So why not go to one of those schools? | 那为什么不去那些学校呢 |
[05:12] | Well, see, now I really should be asking you that question, | 你瞧 这个问题其实应该由我问 |
[05:15] | because the choice is gonna be up to you. | 因为决定权在你们手里 |
[05:18] | Politics isn’t about policies, a candidate is elected on a story. | 政治并在乎制定政策 候选人是凭好故事当选 |
[05:23] | And the story I want to tell is that I went to Harvard. | 而我想讲的故事是我上了哈佛 |
[05:28] | Now if you don’t let me in on my merits and my merits alone, | 如果你们不能仅凭我的成就而录取我 |
[05:32] | then the story I tell will be about | 那么我要讲的故事则是 |
[05:34] | how I was rejected from Harvard. | 我是如何被哈佛拒之门外 |
[05:36] | And that’s the story I’ll tell | 而这个故事我会在 |
[05:37] | when I’m dedicating my billion-dollar | 位于帕罗奥多的[斯坦福大学所在地] |
[05:38] | presidential library in Palo Alto. | 数亿总统图书馆落成典礼时讲述 |
[05:41] | Or Princeton. Or New Haven. | 或普林斯顿 或纽黑文[耶鲁大学所在地] |
[05:44] | I’m serious. The choice is yours. | 我是认真的 选择权在你们 |
[05:46] | You get to decide what my story will be. | 你们可以决定我故事的走向 |
[05:50] | Honestly, I… | 说实话 我… |
[05:51] | I’ll… I’ll be fine either way. | 我怎么样都可以 |
[07:29] | OK, we’ve got some good news in this data. | 好 数据显示我们还是有优势的 |
[07:31] | Now, again, I just gotta say it, single poll, small sample size, | 重申一遍 这只是小样本的一次民调 |
[07:35] | you’re gonna end up with a huge margin of error | 最后误差篇幅可能会很大 |
[07:36] | that’s just baked into the cake, | 实际情况要复杂得多 |
[07:38] | and we’re looking at a lot of undecideds | 很多人仍摇摆不定 |
[07:40] | so that means a lot of uncertainty | 这意味着极大程度的 |
[07:41] | and some really long tails, okay? | 不确定性和差异化 |
[07:43] | Kris, we get it. You can’t see the future. | 克莉斯 我们懂 你预测不了未来 |
[07:45] | I can’t see the future. Exactly. | 我预测不了未来 没错 |
[07:47] | That said, when we look at the polling data for all students, | 尽管如此 全体学生的民调数据显示 |
[07:50] | we’re sitting on a nine-point lead. | 我们领先对方九个百分点 |
[07:52] | I feel a really big “but” coming on. | 我感觉后面还有个”但是” |
[07:54] | Right. Yeah. | 是的 没错 |
[07:54] | 所有合格选民 领先九个百分点 | |
[07:55] | However, when we look at likely voters… | 然而 再看潜在选民的时候 |
[07:58] | 潜在选民 领先两个百分点 | |
[08:00] | our lead drops to two points. | 我们只领先两个百分点 |
[08:02] | That’s well within the margin of error, | 当然这在误差幅度之内 |
[08:04] | but there is the issue of troublesome trending lines. | 但这个下降趋势令人担忧 |
[08:08] | Since River died and you took over the race, | 自从里弗去世 你接替上任以来 |
[08:11] | we’ve lost about one percentage point every two days. | 每两天我们就会失去一个百分点 |
[08:14] | If that trend continues… | 如果照这样的趋势下去 |
[08:15] | Payton’s leading by election day. | 竞选之日 佩顿就会领先 |
[08:19] | You know, I’m having trouble seeing | 我看不出来这个数据显示 |
[08:20] | the good news in this data, Kris. | 我们有什么优势 克莉斯 |
[08:22] | Just let me think for a second. | 给我点时间想想 |
[08:23] | I did not join this campaign to get humiliated, Astrid. | 我不是为了自取其辱而参选 阿斯特丽德 |
[08:26] | We just need to get the undecideds. | 我们只需要把摇摆选民赢过来就行 |
[08:27] | We are losing to a dude. | 我们要输给一个男人 |
[08:30] | To a boring, | 一个无趣 |
[08:32] | rich, | 有钱 |
[08:33] | white dude. | 白种的男人 |
[08:35] | Do you have any idea how humiliating that feels? | 你知道这多羞耻吗 |
[08:37] | Yeah, I do, Skye. | 我知道 斯凯 |
[08:39] | Then let me see you get pissed off | 那请你表现出你的愤怒 |
[08:40] | instead of sitting there watching it happen. | 而不是眼睁睁地任由其发生 |
[08:42] | You’re not playing to win, | 你不是为了赢 |
[08:43] | you’re playing not to lose and the voters can smell it. | 你只是不让自己输 选民都看得出来 |
[08:46] | It’s hard to get excited about a candidate | 谁都不会对一个像待宰羊羔一样 |
[08:47] | who has the killer instinct of a guppy, | 任人欺负的候选人有兴趣 |
[08:49] | you know what I’m saying? | 你明白吗 |
[08:50] | Show me that you want to win. | 让我看到你想赢的决心 |
[08:53] | – Let me see some ideas. – Why do people like him? | -让我看到你的想法 -为什么人们喜欢他 |
[08:56] | What does the data say? | 数据怎么说 |
[08:57] | Sixty percent of respondents cite | 60%的受访者喜欢他 |
[08:59] | his positive attitude, 70% think | 积极向上的态度 70%认为 |
[09:01] | – Alice was wrong to cheat… – We should have him assassinated. | -艾丽丝不该劈腿 -我们该暗杀他 |
[09:06] | Too dark? | 太阴暗了吗 |
[09:08] | Jesus Christ, Skye. You can’t joke about things like that. | 天哪 斯凯 不能拿这种事开玩笑 |
[09:11] | Who says I’m joking? | 谁说我是开玩笑 |
[09:12] | We live in a dangerous world. | 世界本就危险 |
[09:13] | People die violent deaths every day. | 每天都有人横死 |
[09:15] | – You’re sick. – Yeah, and you’re a terrible candidate. | -你疯了 -对 而你是个差劲的候选人 |
[09:18] | I realize you didn’t ask me to be your running mate, | 我知道你没有让我当你的竞选伙伴 |
[09:20] | River did. | 是里弗 |
[09:21] | Two generations ago, that wouldn’t | 上上代 这不可能发生 |
[09:23] | have happened because I was black. | 因为我是黑人 |
[09:25] | One generation ago, it wouldn’t have happened because I’m gay. | 上一代 这不可能发生 因为我是同性恋 |
[09:27] | So when he asked me, I said yes | 所以当他问我时 我答应了 |
[09:29] | because I realized, right now, | 因为我意识到 此时此刻 |
[09:32] | this election, | 这场选举 |
[09:33] | this is my time. | 就是我的时代 |
[09:35] | For me, | 对我来说 |
[09:36] | this is about history. | 这是创造历史 |
[09:39] | Winning this election would be historic | 赢得竞选将具有历史意义 |
[09:41] | and meaningful for a whole lot of people | 并对许多人的意义重大 |
[09:44] | who aren’t used to seeing people | 那些从没见过 |
[09:45] | like themselves in positions of power. | 自己同胞掌权的人 |
[09:48] | That’s what I agreed to do. | 这才是我答应的原因 |
[09:50] | I did not agree to playing second banana | 我不会答应给一个无勇无谋的 |
[09:52] | to some basic-ass rich girl | 富家小姐做配角 |
[09:54] | who gets stuck giving a concession speech | 只能最后发表败选演说 |
[09:56] | because she realized too late that she didn’t want it enough. | 因为她那时才幡然醒悟自己没有拼劲 |
[09:58] | You don’t like my ideas? Fine. | 你觉得我的想法不好 随意 |
[10:00] | I’m just spitballing here, | 我只是瞎说几句 |
[10:02] | trying to think outside the box for a second. | 偶尔跳出条条框框的固式思维 |
[10:04] | But, hey, you wanna hold a bake sale, have a car wash, | 不过你要觉得通过点心义卖 洗洗车 |
[10:07] | and think that’s gonna be what wins you this election, | 就能帮你拿下选举 |
[10:09] | you go right ahead. | 你请自便 |
[10:29] | Excuse me, do you work here? | 请问你在这工作吗 |
[10:32] | That game ate my money. | 那个机器吞了我的钱 |
[10:35] | So? | 那又怎样呢 |
[10:36] | So, I put $20 on the card and then it said it couldn’t read it, | 我充了二十块钱进去 它却说无法读取 |
[10:40] | so I swiped it three more times and now it says… | 于是我又刷了三遍 结果它说 |
[10:42] | Yeah? Well, I don’t give a care, you little punk-ass bitch. | 说什么 关我屁事 你这个臭小子 |
[10:46] | Why don’t you learn how to read? | 你不识字吗 |
[10:48] | It says “no refunds.” | 它说”不退款” |
[10:51] | You gotta a problem with that, | 要是有意见 |
[10:52] | go find another arcade, you little pussy. | 滚到别的地方玩去 小窝囊 |
[11:00] | Ricardo? | 里卡多 |
[11:01] | My name’s Andrew, can I talk to you for a second? | 我是安德鲁 能跟你聊聊吗 |
[11:04] | Can’t, I already had my break. | 不行 我的休息时间过了 |
[11:07] | It’s about Infinity. | 关于英菲尼蒂的 |
[11:13] | I think Infinity’s grandma is trying to kill her. | 我觉得英菲尼蒂的姥姥想害死她 |
[11:18] | Wait, what? | 你说什么 |
[11:19] | Or maybe not kill her, but at least | 也许不至于死 但至少 |
[11:20] | make her sick and keep her that way. | 让她一直病着 |
[11:22] | Why would she do that? | 她为什么要这么做 |
[11:24] | For attention. Money. | 为了博关注 为了钱 |
[11:26] | Have you ever heard of Munchausen by proxy? | 你听说过孟乔森氏症候群吗 |
[11:29] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[11:31] | Have you really or do you maybe not know what that is? | 真的吗 还是你不知道那是什么 |
[11:33] | OK, fine, I don’t know what that is. | 行吧 我不知道 |
[11:35] | Haven’t you noticed that Infinity and her grandma | 你没发现英菲尼蒂和她姥姥 |
[11:37] | are always going on trips other people pay for? | 去旅行的钱都是别人出的吗 |
[11:40] | Like Disney World, Mall of America? | 迪士尼乐园 美国购物中心之类的 |
[11:42] | I thought that’s because she has cancer. | 我以为是因为她得了癌症 |
[11:44] | Well, I don’t think she does have cancer. | 我觉得她并没得癌症 |
[11:46] | So, what? Infinity’s lying? | 那怎么 英菲尼蒂在撒谎 |
[11:48] | No, I… I don’t think she knows what’s going on. | 不 我想她自己也不知道真相 |
[11:51] | – Does she ever talk to you about it? – Not really. | -她跟你说过这些事吗 -没怎么说 |
[11:54] | I mean, most of the time | 大多数时候 |
[11:56] | she doesn’t really seem to be in any pain, | 她好像没有任何病痛 |
[11:58] | except for when she has treatments at the hospital | 只有去医院治疗 |
[12:01] | or her grandma gives her her shots, | 或她姥姥给她打针的时候 |
[12:03] | and then she’s really bad for a few days, | 然后那几天她会病得很严重 |
[12:05] | like, we can’t make out or have sex. | 我们都不能上床或者亲热 |
[12:09] | Wait, how the hell do you know all this? | 等等 你是怎么知道的 |
[12:12] | Why should I even believe you? | 我凭什么相信你 |
[12:13] | Because I’m in love with her. | 因为我爱她 |
[12:15] | Don’t worry, dude. I can’t grow a rad mustache like you. | 别担心 我长不出你这样性感的胡子 |
[12:20] | She’s not interested. | 她对我没兴趣 |
[12:21] | So you need to do something. | 所以你得想想办法 |
[12:24] | You’re her boyfriend, it’s your job to protect her. | 你是她的男朋友 保护她是你的职责 |
[12:27] | Infinity’s in danger. | 英菲尼蒂有危险 |
[12:29] | She doesn’t get what’s going on. | 她根本不清楚状况 |
[12:31] | Her grandma, that kid Payton, they’re all using her. | 她姥姥和佩顿那小子都在利用她 |
[12:34] | Well, what I’m supposed to do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[12:37] | Kill ’em? | 杀了他们吗 |
[12:39] | How much do you love her? | 你有多爱她 |
[13:01] | Mr. Payton? This just came in for you. | 佩顿先生 你的信 |
[13:06] | This is from Harvard. | 哈佛来的信 |
[13:15] | I got in! I got in! | 我被录取了 我被录取了 |
[13:18] | I got in! I got in! | 我被录取了 我被录取了 |
[13:22] | I got in! | 我被录取了 |
[13:32] | Hi, Thomas. Is Alice home? | 托马斯 艾丽斯在家吗 |
[13:33] | I saw her car out front. | 我看见她的车停在外面 |
[13:38] | – She’s in her bedroom. – Oh, good. | -她在卧室里 -好极了 |
[14:00] | Why are you here? | 你来干什么 |
[14:01] | You’re not supposed to be here. | 你不该来这 |
[14:04] | Don’t. | 别说了 |
[14:06] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[14:09] | You and I should talk. | 我们该谈谈 |
[14:26] | How long has this been going on? Since the break-up? | 这事有多久了 我和她分手后开始的吗 |
[14:28] | No. Before. | 不是 在那之前 |
[14:30] | A while. | 有段时间了 |
[14:35] | What’s more important, the train, the conductor, or the tracks? | 哪个更重要 列车 列车员 铁轨 |
[14:38] | I don’t know. The train? | 不知道 火车吗 |
[14:39] | Well, the train’s what you see, it’s beautiful and powerful. | 如你所见 列车兼具美与力量 |
[14:42] | Conductor drives the train, | 列车员驾驶列车 |
[14:43] | makes sure it gets where it needs to go. | 确保它抵达目的地 |
[14:44] | But the train and the conductor are helpless steel and flesh | 可离了铁轨 列车和列车员 |
[14:47] | without tracks to ride on. | 就毫无用武之地 |
[14:48] | Now, I’m the train, you and McAfee are the conductors, | 我是列车 你和迈克菲是列车员 |
[14:50] | but there is a plan, James. | 可我们还有个计划 詹姆斯 |
[14:52] | The plan’s the tracks, right? | 计划就是我们的铁轨 对吧 |
[14:53] | The plan’s what’s gonna get us to the White House | 这计划会把我们带进白宫 |
[14:55] | and that plan includes winning this election, | 而这计划包括赢得选举 |
[14:56] | it includes me getting into Harvard, | 我入学哈佛 |
[14:58] | and it includes my high school sweetheart being my First Lady. | 以及我的高中女友成为第一夫人 |
[15:02] | What you’ve been doing is endangering that plan. | 你的所作所为已经危及到这个计划了 |
[15:03] | How are we supposed to work together the next 30 years | 如果我得提放着你和我的老婆乱搞 |
[15:05] | if I have to worry you’re screwing my wife? | 接下去的三十年里我们还怎么并肩作战 |
[15:07] | I’m in love with your girlfriend. | 我爱上了你的女友 |
[15:13] | I understand, okay? | 我明白 好吗 |
[15:16] | I understand what it means to be a planet | 我明白永远在我的世界里 |
[15:18] | in my solar system, okay? | 做配角是什么感受 |
[15:20] | I’m the candidate, right? | 我是候选人 对吧 |
[15:22] | I’m the one out front with the pulpit and the money and the girl, | 在台前慷慨陈词 手握金钱 美女在怀的是我 |
[15:27] | and you’re not that guy. | 而不是你 |
[15:29] | You’re the one with the ideas, behind me, | 你是在我背后为我出谋划策的人 |
[15:31] | because that is where you belong, by your own admission. | 因为那才是你的归属 你自己也认同 |
[15:34] | You can’t be me. So don’t try, | 你无法成为我 所以别费劲了 |
[15:36] | because we need you to keep being you. | 因为我们需要你继续做你自己 |
[15:38] | I really… I thought you understood that and were okay with it. | 我真的… 我以为你明白也赞同 |
[15:40] | I am. | 我是 |
[15:42] | But I love her. | 可我爱她 |
[15:45] | What now? | 现在怎么办 |
[15:49] | I don’t know. Focus on the campaign. | 不知道 专注竞选吧 |
[15:52] | I got into Harvard, by the way. | 顺便说下 我进哈佛了 |
[16:03] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[16:05] | You look so sexy. | 你好性感 |
[16:07] | Come here. | 过来 |
[16:12] | Wait, let me take the shoes off. | 等等 让我把鞋子脱掉 |
[16:17] | Okay. | 好了 |
[16:39] | I feel weird doing this. | 我觉得这么做怪怪的 |
[16:40] | What are you talking about? This was your idea. | 怎么会呢 这是你的主意 |
[16:44] | I know, and it’s so sexy… | 我知道 是很撩人 |
[16:48] | I just feel gross using Nana’s camcorder. | 只是用姥姥的摄像机来录有点恶心 |
[16:51] | – Let’s just use my phone. – No. | -用我手机来录吧 -别 |
[16:53] | You never wanna put a sex tape on your phone. | 你绝对不想用手机存性爱录像 |
[16:55] | – Don’t call it that. – Fine. A love tape. | -别用那个词 -好吧 爱情录像 |
[16:59] | Once you put a love tape on your phone, | 一旦手机里存了爱情录像 |
[17:01] | they could look through that stuff. | 就会被人查到 |
[17:03] | Facebook and the government, and, like, Russians. | 脸书 政府 还有俄罗斯人 |
[17:09] | This way… | 用摄像机的话 |
[17:11] | it’s private. | 很私密 |
[17:13] | It’s just a beautiful thing you and I get to share. | 这只是我们两人共享的美事 |
[17:21] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[17:23] | This stupid thing ate my tape! | 这破玩意儿把我的磁带弄坏了 |
[17:25] | Let’s just keep going. Come on. | 我们继续吧 来 |
[17:28] | Can I just tape over one of these? | 我能用这些翻录吗 |
[17:30] | No. | 不行 |
[17:31] | No. No. | 不行 不行 |
[17:39] | These are all tapes from all of our trips. | 这些都是我们旅行的录像带 |
[17:41] | You know? | 知道吗 |
[17:43] | My Nana wants as many memories of me as she can get. | 我姥姥想尽可能多留一些关于我的回忆 |
[17:48] | For when I’m gone. | 我死后留给她 |
[17:51] | This is when we took Ray with us to Busch Gardens. | 这是我们带雷一起去布施公园的时候 |
[17:56] | I wanna watch this. | 我想看这个 |
[18:14] | Well, don’t waste the battery, Ray. | 别浪费电 雷 |
[18:16] | Wait until we’re inside the park. | 等我们进公园了再录 |
[18:21] | – Stop acting like a big old, stupid baby. – No, no! | -别跟个大傻妞似的 -不 |
[18:24] | Two, one, go. | 二 一 开始 |
[18:25] | Thanks, Bob and Vicky. | 谢谢鲍勃和维姬 |
[18:26] | I’m here with Infinity Jackson, | 我身边这位是英菲尼蒂·杰克逊 |
[18:28] | a brave little girl who is visiting | 一个首次来布施公园游玩的 |
[18:30] | Busch Gardens for the first time, | 勇敢小女孩 |
[18:31] | thanks to KBSB Action News 13’s | 感谢KBSB新闻13台 |
[18:35] | Make a Different Wish Sweepstakes. | 《许个别样愿望》的抽奖活动 |
[18:36] | Infinity, you must be a special little lady | 英菲尼蒂 能得到阳光之州免费游 |
[18:38] | to get an all-expenses paid trip to the Sunshine State. | 你一定是个特别的小女孩 |
[18:41] | What are you most excited to do today? | 今天最期待的是什么 |
[18:43] | I… I don’t know. | 我 我不知道 |
[18:45] | You’re excited to see the giraffes. | 你很期待见到长颈鹿 |
[18:49] | I am excited to see the giraffes! | 我很期待见到长颈鹿 |
[18:53] | That was great, okay. | 很好 好了 |
[18:55] | – Uh, okay, Infinity. – I love you so much, Nana. | -好 英菲尼蒂 -我好爱你 姥姥 |
[18:56] | – You are such a brave lady. – I love you. | -你真是个勇敢的小女孩 -我爱你 |
[18:59] | What do you have to say to the other boys and girls | 你想对其他罹患白血病的孩子们 |
[19:01] | with leukemia out there? | 说些什么呢 |
[19:02] | I wanna… | 我想… |
[19:07] | I don’t have leukemia. | 我没患白血病 |
[19:11] | I thought, um… | 我以为… |
[19:13] | – I’m sorry, should we cut? – Yeah. Let’s do it again. | -抱歉 要停录吗 -好 重来一遍 |
[19:16] | I… I’m so sorry, sweetheart. | 很抱歉 宝贝 |
[19:18] | What kind of cancer do you have again? | 你患的是什么癌症来着 |
[19:20] | No! No! Hey, excuse me. We’re done here. | 不 不好意思 我们不录了 |
[19:23] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:23] | My producer said she had leukemia. I didn’t know. | 制片人说她患了白血病 我不知道 |
[19:25] | That’s what I was told. | 也是别人告诉我的 |
[19:26] | How dare you ask a child that. | 你们竟然向孩子问出这样的问题 |
[19:28] | I mean, how dare you make a child tell you, on live TV, | 你们竟然让一个孩子在电视直播上 |
[19:32] | what kind of cancer she got. | 说自己得了什么癌症 |
[19:35] | You sick son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的变态 |
[19:36] | – I hope you’re getting this, Ray. – We are not live. | -希望你录下来了 雷 -我们没有直播 |
[19:38] | – This is just a pre-tape. – No. | -这只是预录制 -别说了 |
[19:39] | Here, give me that. | 来 给我 |
[19:42] | This is over. The interview is over. We’re done here. | 不录了 采访结束 我们不录了 |
[19:45] | We have… We’ve got a whole day planned out here. | 我们有 我们安排了一整天 |
[19:47] | This is part of a whole thing. We’ve got a schedule of events. | 这只是其中一部分 我们还安排了其他项目 |
[19:49] | Yeah, well, we’re going to see the goddamn giraffes. | 随你们便 我们要去看长颈鹿了 |
[19:51] | Hey, listen. I promise if we can get through this, | 听着 我保证如果我们能翻过这篇 |
[19:53] | we can have a nice, fun day. | 我们可以快乐一整天 |
[19:54] | Stay away from us, buttmunch! | 离我们远点 舔屁男 |
[19:56] | – Infinity, you can’t say that! – I want more grape juice, Ray. Now! | -英菲尼蒂 别这么说 -我还要葡萄汁 雷 马上 |
[20:02] | I was in such a bad mood that day. | 那天我心情超烂 |
[20:05] | Well, we can’t use that tape. | 不能用这盘 |
[20:07] | Let me find another one. | 我再找找 |
[20:24] | 胜2局 胜0局 二比一 | |
[20:30] | 胜2局 胜0局 四比二 | |
[20:33] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[20:43] | 胜3局 胜0局 六比二 | |
[20:45] | Boom. | 完胜 |
[20:49] | Put a few pounds on since your boyfriend blew his brains out. | 自从你男友爆了自己脑袋后你胖了 |
[20:52] | Daddy. You can’t say things like that to me. | 爸爸 你不能对我说这种话 |
[20:56] | It’s slowed you down. | 让你速度变慢了 |
[20:57] | You should’ve at least taken one set. | 你至少该赢一局 |
[21:00] | I’m trying to be helpful. | 我只想帮忙 |
[21:01] | I don’t mean about my weight. I mean about River. | 我不是说体重 是里弗 |
[21:04] | I’m still traumatized. | 我还受着创伤呢 |
[21:05] | I know. I’m paying for your analysis four times a week. | 我知道 我付钱每周送你看四次心理医生 |
[21:09] | Suicide is a uniquely traumatic experience for those left behind. | 自杀对那些被抛下的人来说特别创伤 |
[21:13] | Especially when there was no warning. | 尤其是当没有任何迹象 |
[21:15] | No note left to explain things. | 没有遗书解释缘由 |
[21:17] | You blame yourself? | 你怪自己吗 |
[21:21] | – No. – Maybe you should. | -不怪 -也许你该自责 |
[21:23] | I’m not saying it’s your fault, | 我不是说这是你的错 |
[21:24] | I’m saying, lean into the idea that it is. | 而是往这个方向想想 |
[21:27] | Explore the ways in which you may be culpable, | 看看你在哪些方面难咎其责 |
[21:29] | systematically rule some out. | 系统地除去一些方面 |
[21:31] | I didn’t do anything to make River kill himself. | 我没做任何导致里弗自杀的事 |
[21:33] | Perhaps you were too cold with him. | 也许你对他太冷漠了 |
[21:35] | You have a tendency towards that. | 你确实经常如此 |
[21:36] | River seemed, um, a sensitive boy. | 里弗看上去是个敏感的男孩 |
[21:39] | Verging on queer. | 比较娘炮 |
[21:41] | Perhaps your coldness created an insecurity. | 也许你的冷漠造成了他的不安全感 |
[21:43] | – I’m not listening to this. – I’m complimenting you. | -我不听了 -我在表扬你 |
[21:46] | You’re calling me cold. | 你说我冷漠 |
[21:47] | Cold is good. Cold wins the day. | 冷漠是好事 冷漠才能赢 |
[21:50] | Everything good you have in your life | 你生命所有的美好事物 |
[21:51] | is because of that glacial resolve. | 都得益于那个冰山般的决心 |
[21:54] | And for some reason, you’ve decided to rebel against it. | 但不知为何 你决定叛逆 |
[21:56] | That’s why you didn’t take one set from me. | 所以你一局也没赢我 |
[21:58] | It’s why you’re losing that election at school. | 所以你快要输掉在学校的竞选 |
[22:00] | I’m not losing, I’m winning by ten points. | 我没输 我领先十个百分点 |
[22:01] | For now. | 暂时而已 |
[22:03] | That boy you’re running against… | 你的竞选对手 |
[22:06] | …he’s a true politician. | 他是个真正的政客 |
[22:09] | If you wanna beat him, you need to embrace | 如果你想打败他 你得毫无保留地 |
[22:11] | your inner coldness unapologetically. | 接受自己内心的冷漠 |
[22:14] | It’ll allow you to do things | 它能让你成就大事 |
[22:15] | you might not think you’re capable of. | 那些你自己可能都想不到的大事 |
[22:22] | Text me later. | 晚点给我信息 |
[22:33] | When is the last time you ate? | 你上次吃饭是什么时候 |
[22:35] | Luther wanted cable, so that means | 卢瑟想要电视 所以 |
[22:37] | one day a week each of us has to fast. | 每周有一天我俩得禁食 |
[22:54] | – Share that with your brother. – Thank you. | -和你兄弟一起用 -谢谢 |
[22:56] | Being poor is terrible. | 当穷人太难了 |
[22:57] | I know. I’ve been poor before. | 我知道 我以前也穷过 |
[23:00] | Don’t think of that as an allowance. | 别把这个当成零花钱 |
[23:02] | I love you boys, but I agree with your father | 我爱你们 但我同意你们父亲说的 |
[23:04] | that you need some seasoning. | 你俩需要一些调教 |
[23:06] | The world is finished with entitled white men. | 这世界已不是享有特权的白人男性的天下 |
[23:08] | The world will never be finished with entitled white men. | 这世界永远都是享有特权的白人男性的天下 |
[23:11] | That’s why we feel so entitled. | 所以我们认为自己享有特权 |
[23:13] | I clearly missed the mark when raising you. | 抚养你们时我显然没注意到迹象 |
[23:15] | This forced poverty is a second chance for your father and I | 这次人为强制的贫困是你父亲和我 |
[23:18] | to make proper men out of you. | 对你们再教育的机会 |
[23:20] | What if it kills us? | 那如果我们挂了呢 |
[23:21] | Great lessons are only learned when the stakes are high. | 只有赌注高 回报才会大 |
[23:32] | Did… Did you order another prostitute? | 你又叫妓女了 |
[23:36] | No. | 没有 |
[23:46] | The hell are you doing here? | 你来这干什么 |
[23:51] | Due to a few events that have happened over the last few days, | 鉴于过去几天内发生的事情 |
[23:55] | you and I now share a common enemy | 我们现在有个共同敌人 |
[23:57] | and, I assume, the common goal of taking that enemy down. Hard. | 我猜共同目标就是打倒这个敌人 狠狠打 |
[24:03] | It’s Payton. | 是佩顿 |
[24:05] | I’m in love with his girlfriend. | 我爱上他女友了 |
[24:07] | I hate him and I have some information | 我恨他 而且我有些情报 |
[24:08] | that will tank his campaign, | 能毁了他的竞选 |
[24:09] | and therefore destroy him. | 从而摧毁他 |
[24:28] | Nice ass. | 屁股不错 |
[24:31] | Who are you? | 你们是谁 |
[24:32] | I’m Payton’s brother. | 我是佩顿的哥哥 |
[24:33] | Dude, I’m his brother t… I’m Payton’s brother too. | 哥们 我是他哥哥 我也是佩顿的哥哥 |
[24:35] | Who let you in here? | 谁让你们进来的 |
[24:36] | Your, uh… servant person. | 你的仆人 |
[24:39] | Look… | 听着 |
[24:41] | we wanna help you. | 我们想帮你 |
[24:42] | We’ve been recently informed by someone very close to our brother | 我们最近通过弟弟的一个亲近线人得知 |
[24:44] | that he intends to launch a major campaign | 他打算在明天下午开启一场 |
[24:46] | initiative by the end of the day tomorrow. | 重要的竞选倡议 |
[24:48] | Which means you should make it your initiative. | 意味着你也该提出你的倡议 |
[24:50] | Announce it before he does, embarrass the hell out of him. | 在他之前宣布 羞的他无地自容 |
[24:53] | And why would you do this? | 你们为什么要这么做 |
[24:57] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[24:58] | We hate Payton way more than you do. | 我们对佩顿的恨不比你少 |
[25:06] | Keep getting those steps in. That ass is bangin’. | 接着练台阶吧 这屁股太正了 |
[25:18] | Skye? Get over here. | 斯凯 赶紧过来 |
[25:22] | Guinea worm could be eradicated in our lifetime | 麦地那龙线虫可在我们的有生之年被消灭 |
[25:25] | and we could be the people who do it. | 而我们可以成为成就此事的人 |
[25:27] | Guinea worm is a parasite that has devastated the lives | 麦地那龙线虫是一种摧残了非洲 |
[25:30] | of millions of people in Africa, | 无数人生命的寄生虫 |
[25:32] | just because they do not have access to clean drinking water. | 就因为他们没有干净的饮用水 |
[25:35] | If you elect me as your president, | 如果你们选举我做主席 |
[25:38] | I promise to make this school the leading voice | 我承诺让这所学校成为 |
[25:41] | in eliminating this scourge from the face of the earth. | 彻底根除这种祸害的领头羊 |
[25:48] | Sorry, what does this have to do with this school? | 抱歉 这事和学校有什么关系 |
[25:52] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[25:54] | Are you serious, Pierre? | 你认真的吗 皮埃尔 |
[25:55] | Quit being so damn selfish. | 别这么自私 |
[25:57] | We can raise awareness, we can raise money. | 我们可以提高人们关注度 筹集资金 |
[26:00] | See, this is the problem. | 你瞧 问题就在这 |
[26:01] | You are all caught up in your own privilege, | 你太沉溺于自己享有的权力 |
[26:03] | you’re not even aware that 3.5 million | 你都没意识到三百五十万人 |
[26:06] | people were afflicted by this disease | 深受这种疾病的迫害 |
[26:08] | last year alone. | 这还只是去年一年 |
[26:09] | 25 Twenty five. | |
[26:12] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[26:14] | Sorry, 25 people were affected by Guinea worm last year. | 抱歉 去年只有25人感染麦地那龙线虫 |
[26:16] | Three point five million were in 1986. | 三百五十万的数据是在1986年 |
[26:19] | That was before Jimmy Carter made the eradication of Guinea worm | 那是在吉米·卡特根除麦地那龙线虫之前 |
[26:22] | a pillar of his post-presidency. | 他第二任期的一项大成就 |
[26:23] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[26:24] | No. “What are you talking about?” | 不 “你在说什么” |
[26:26] | is the more appropriate question. | 才是更加合适的问题 |
[26:28] | I’m curious as to why you chose today to make this announcement | 我很好奇为什么你选择今天宣布倡议 |
[26:30] | and why you chose this as the thing you wanted to announce. | 以及为什么你选择这个议题 |
[26:32] | And I wonder where you got those lousy | 我还疑惑你是从哪里得到的数据 |
[26:34] | statistics that you didn’t fact-check. | 而且竟然没有核实真假 |
[26:36] | Wait, I know where. I’m pretty they were on James’s computer. | 等等 我知道在哪 我很肯定是詹姆斯的电脑 |
[26:41] | You should be expecting a call from the editor from the school newspaper | 你不久就会收到校报编辑的来电 |
[26:43] | probably about what it’s like to run a campaign that shady enough | 大概是询问你偷鸡摸狗竞选是什么感觉 |
[26:45] | to steal your opponent’s plank, | 竟然敢偷窃对手的政策提议 |
[26:47] | and dumb enough to not realize it was fake. | 还蠢到根本辨识不出真假 |
[26:50] | Just admit you don’t care about this school, Astrid. | 你就承认吧 阿斯特丽德 你不在乎学校 |
[26:52] | All you care about is beating me. | 你只在乎打败我 |
[26:54] | Go to hell, Payton. | 去死吧 佩顿 |
[26:55] | Yeah, that’s the spirit. | 这就对了 |
[26:56] | All right, if… if anyone is interested in the real issues, | 好了 如果大家对真正的倡议感兴趣 |
[26:59] | I would invite you to come join me | 我邀请大家放学后 |
[27:00] | in the auditorium after school. Thank you. | 去礼堂加入我们 谢谢 |
[27:02] | You guys should come too, see what a real campaign looks like. | 你们也该来 看看真正的竞选是什么样 |
[27:06] | Did I or did I not tell you | 我是不是说过 |
[27:08] | that Guinea worm was not the way to go? | 麦地那龙线虫不是个好主意 |
[27:22] | Hello, everyone. I want to thank you all for coming. | 大家好 我想感谢大家到来 |
[27:26] | Lights, please. | 请关灯 |
[27:34] | You may recognize this building. | 你们也许认识这栋大楼 |
[27:36] | It’s the old Blockbuster in the Paseo Viejo Mall. | 这是以前在旧步道商场的百视达 |
[27:39] | It’s been vacant for over a year, | 现在已经空置了一年 |
[27:41] | about half a mile from where you’re all sitting. | 距离大家在座位置八百米左右 |
[27:44] | Now James, the co-chair of my campaign | 詹姆斯 我竞选的联合主席 |
[27:47] | and a person who I count as… | 并且是个我自认为 |
[27:50] | maybe the closest friend I’ve ever had, | 最亲近的朋友 |
[27:52] | recently pointed out that this shopping center has a new tenant. | 最近发现这个商场有了新的租客 |
[27:57] | This is a gun store, | 这是家枪支商店 |
[27:59] | less than eight city blocks from here, | 离这儿不到八个街区 |
[28:01] | whose inventory includes the same brand | 其中售卖的枪支包括同品牌的 |
[28:03] | of Remington revolver that… | 雷明顿左轮手枪 |
[28:07] | that my friend River Barkley… | 就是我朋友里弗·巴克利 |
[28:09] | used to take his own life. | 自杀用的那把枪 |
[28:12] | Now here’s what we know: | 现在我们知道的是 |
[28:13] | each day in our nation, | 我们国家每一天 |
[28:14] | there are an average of 3,470 suicide attempts | 平均有3470次自杀未遂 |
[28:17] | by young people, grades 9-12. | 都是年轻人 初三至高三 |
[28:20] | There are probably people here today | 今天在座的各位就有可能 |
[28:22] | who’ve wrestled with depression or… feelings of hopelessness | 频频与抑郁 绝望做斗争 |
[28:28] | and have experienced suicidal thoughts. | 也可能有过自杀的念头 |
[28:30] | And it is a known fact that | 一个众所周知的事实 |
[28:32] | the mere presence of a gun in the home | 只要家中有枪 |
[28:33] | makes a teenager five times more likely to attempt suicide. | 就使青少年自杀的可能性增加五倍 |
[28:38] | Like River, they don’t… | 就像里弗 他们没 |
[28:40] | they don’t get a second chance. | 他们没有第二次机会 |
[28:42] | Now, when I spoke to the owner of Strictly Guns & Shooting, | 当我与绝对枪支射击店的店主交谈时 |
[28:46] | Terrence Woods, and I asked him if he thought it was appropriate | 特伦斯·伍兹 我问起他是否认为 |
[28:49] | to be operating a gun store so close to a school, | 在学校附近开设枪支店合理 |
[28:51] | he replied, correctly, that his establishment is in compliance | 他回答说 当然 他的店符合 |
[28:55] | with California’s 1995 Gun-Free School Zone Act, | 加州1995年颁布的《无枪学区法案》 |
[28:58] | which outlaws gun stores from within 1,000 yards of a school. | 即学校方圆900米内不能出现枪支店铺 |
[29:02] | Now when I asked him what it would take | 而当我问起要怎么样 |
[29:03] | to remove every one of those gun from his store, | 才能使他店里所有枪支消失 |
[29:05] | he didn’t need to answer… because I already knew. | 他不需要回答 因为我早就知道 |
[29:09] | Mr. Woods isn’t gonna remove those guns. | 伍兹先生不会让那些枪消失 |
[29:11] | State law isn’t gonna remove those guns. | 州法律不会让那些枪消失 |
[29:15] | So I decided that I’d remove them. | 所以我决定亲历亲为 |
[29:16] | I bought every gun he had. James, officers. | 我买下了他的所有枪 詹姆斯 警官们 |
[29:23] | I’m turning over every one of these firearms | 我把所有的武器都上交给 |
[29:25] | to the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department, | 圣巴巴拉郡治安管理局 |
[29:27] | who will deliver them this afternoon to | 他们将于今天下去把枪支送去 |
[29:29] | the Dowell Aluminum Foundry in Carpinteria | 卡平特里亚的道尔铝铸造厂 |
[29:32] | to be melted down into steel rebar | 熔化成为钢筋 |
[29:33] | that sophomore Dallas Weintraub | 并由高二学生黛拉丝·温特劳布 |
[29:35] | will then sculpt into an abstract art piece | 雕刻成抽象艺术品 |
[29:37] | about America’s gun violence epidemic, | 主题是美国枪支暴力盛行 |
[29:39] | which will premiere this June at Santa Barbara’s ForReal Gallery | 并将于今年六月在圣巴巴拉真实画廊展出 |
[29:41] | as part of this year’s downtown arts walk. | 作为今年艺术步道的一部分 |
[29:44] | Thank you, Dallas. | 谢谢你 黛拉丝 |
[29:45] | I also hold in my hand a sign-up sheet | 同时我手中还有一份署名表 |
[29:48] | for anyone who’s interested | 给那些有意 |
[29:49] | in joining me in a march on next week’s city council meeting, | 加入我参与下周市议会会议游行的人 |
[29:51] | where we will tell the mayor of Santa Barbara | 届时我们将告诉圣巴巴拉的市长 |
[29:53] | that 1,000 yards isn’t enough | 方圆900米不够大 |
[29:55] | and demand that he consider River’s Law: | 并要求他考虑《里弗法案》 |
[29:58] | that a portion of every gun sale in this state | 即本州每一次枪支售卖的一部分资金 |
[30:00] | go towards suicide prevention at the local level. | 都捐赠给本地社区自杀预防中心 |
[30:03] | So, join me… | 加入我吧 |
[30:06] | in making River’s tragic, irreversible death | 让里弗悲惨 无法挽回的死 |
[30:09] | the last one that this school ever has to endure. | 成为这个学校需承受的最后一个伤痛 |
[30:12] | Thank you for your time. | 感谢大家前来 |
[30:19] | Does your ass hurt? | 你脸疼吗 |
[30:22] | No, why? | 不疼 怎么了 |
[30:23] | Because Payton just spanked you | 因为佩顿刚在全学生面前 |
[30:25] | in front of the entire student body. | 狠狠赏了你个嘴巴子 |
[30:29] | He just won this thing. | 他刚赢了选举 |
[30:35] | Thank you very much, thank you. | 非常感谢 谢谢 |
[30:59] | Who’s there? | 是谁 |
[31:05] | Who the hell are you, and what are you doing on my property? | 你是谁 你来我家干嘛 |
[31:07] | I’m Ricardo. | 我是里卡多 |
[31:09] | I have something you want. | 我有你想要的东西 |
[31:11] | It’s a video recording. | 是个录像带 |
[31:13] | Could help you win your election. | 能帮助你赢得竞选 |
[31:19] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[31:20] | How stupid does Payton think I am? I already fell for this once. | 佩顿以为我这么傻吗 我已经上过一次当了 |
[31:23] | Dude, I’m offering you dirt. | 姐们 我在给你黑料 |
[31:26] | Why? | 为什么 |
[31:29] | Because I love Infinity and I’m sick of him using her. | 因为我爱英菲尼蒂 我讨厌他利用她 |
[31:39] | What’s on the tape? | 录像带上有什么 |
[31:42] | Show me your areola first. | 先给我看看你的乳晕 |
[31:45] | – Do you have a brain injury or something? – No! | -你是脑子少根筋还是怎么的 -不是 |
[31:48] | How about you let me pick a pair of panties? | 那不如让我选两条内裤 |
[31:53] | Fine. | 行 |
[32:15] | Hello? | 喂 |
[32:17] | Speaking. | 是我 |
[32:20] | I’m sorry, what? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[32:37] | Let’s stay calm and not get ahead of ourselves. | 先冷静 别操之过急 |
[32:39] | We haven’t seen the tape and don’t know what’s on it. | 我们还没看过录像 不知道里面有什么 |
[32:41] | Okay, well, what is this tape? | 这是什么录像带 |
[32:43] | The assistant director of the school newspaper said | 校报的助理主任说 |
[32:44] | she was shown a video | 她看了一个录像 |
[32:45] | of Infinity using an offensive gay slur. | 里面是英菲尼蒂使用无礼的同性恋粗口 |
[32:48] | What was the slur? | 什么粗口 |
[32:48] | – She wouldn’t say. – We don’t know. | -她不肯说 -我们不知道 |
[32:49] | She’s asking for comment before she puts it on the website. | 她想在发布到网上前 问我们有什么评论 |
[32:51] | Okay, so how can we comment if we don’t know what she said? | 好吧 我们不知道她说了什么怎么评论 |
[32:54] | What can I get you guys? | 你们要点什么 |
[32:56] | You can’t just sit here, you gotta order something. | 你们不能干坐着 得点东西 |
[32:58] | How about three orders of nothing. | 不然三分空气吧 |
[33:00] | We’re gonna take three nothings. | 我们要三分空气 |
[33:01] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[33:06] | I asked what it would take for her to bury the story. | 我问了要怎样她才肯不发布这则消息 |
[33:08] | She said the person who showed her the tape still has it | 她说给她看录像的人 手里依然拿着录像带 |
[33:09] | and that this person will post it if she doesn’t publish. | 如果她不发布 这个人会发布 |
[33:11] | Well, who is this “person”? Who showed her the tape? | 这个”人”是谁 谁给她看的录像 |
[33:14] | Pretty sure it’s Astrid. | 几乎肯定是阿斯特丽德 |
[33:17] | You know what? Screw Astrid, I’m gonna kill her! | 去尼玛的阿斯特丽德 我要杀了她 |
[33:22] | I gotta find out what’s on that tape. | 我得知道录像上有什么 |
[33:42] | Evidently, there’s a tape of some footage | 显然 外面有一份你使用 |
[33:44] | of you using an offensive gay slur. | 无礼同性恋粗口的录像 |
[33:45] | Do you have any idea what I’m referring to? | 你知道我在说什么吗 |
[33:48] | Excuse me, | 搞什么 |
[33:48] | do you have any idea what time it is? | 你知道现在几点吗 |
[33:50] | Shut up, ma’am. I’m not gonna take your bullshit tonight, okay? | 闭嘴 女士 今晚我没空理会你那臭脾气 |
[33:52] | What’d you say on the tape? | 你在录像上说了什么 |
[33:54] | – I don’t know what you’re talking about. – Well, you’re lying. | -我不知道你在说什么 -你在撒谎 |
[33:56] | You said something you shouldn’t have | 你说了一些不该说的话 |
[33:57] | and they have proof. So I need to know what you said. | 他们有证据 所以我得知道你说了什么 |
[34:00] | I can’t believe he would do this to me. | 我不敢相信他会这么对我 |
[34:03] | Who? | 谁 |
[34:04] | Ricardo. | 里卡多 |
[34:06] | Who the hell is Ricardo? | 谁是里卡多 |
[34:07] | You know what? It’s the middle of the night. | 你知道吗 现在是大半夜 |
[34:09] | Can it, Nana! What did you say on the tape? | 闭嘴 姥姥 你在录像上说什么了 |
[34:11] | I did not mean it. | 我不是故意的 |
[34:13] | We were at Busch Gardens and it was really hot… | 我们在布施公园 天气又非常热 |
[34:17] | Found it! It’s already up. | 找到了 已经发布了 |
[34:20] | It’s buttmunch. She said buttmunch. | 舔屁男 她说了舔屁男 |
[34:22] | She called an obviously gay reporter buttmunch. | 她骂一个明显是同性恋的记者舔屁男 |
[34:25] | Goddammit! | 该死的 |
[34:27] | Thanks a lot, Infinity. This is over now, do you realize that? | 真是谢谢了 英菲尼蒂 全完了 你知道吗 |
[34:29] | This is all over now! | 现在全完了 |
[34:33] | Payton? | 佩顿 |
[34:41] | Shit. Shit. | 见鬼 见鬼 |
[34:53] | – Hello? – It’s over between us. | -喂 -咱俩结束了 |
[34:57] | You understand? | 你明白吗 |
[35:00] | What? What’s over? | 什么 什么结束了 |
[35:03] | Baby, what are you talking about? | 宝贝 你在说什么 |
[35:04] | You betrayed me. | 你背叛了我 |
[35:05] | – What are you mean? – I can’t trust you anymore, Ricardo. | -你什么意思 -我不能再信任你了 里卡多 |
[35:08] | I’m breaking up with you. It’s over. | 我要和你分手 结束了 |
[35:11] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[35:13] | It’s… | 咱俩 |
[35:14] | over. | 结束了 |
[35:20] | I was trying to protect you. | 我只是想保护你 |
[35:49] | I asked Thomas if I could bring you your drink. | 我问托马斯是否能给你拿饮料 |
[35:56] | I saw the tape. | 我看了录像 |
[35:58] | How bad is it? | 有多糟 |
[36:04] | Her InstaPoll numbers indicate a 17-point swing. | 她的图享民调显示降了17个百分点 |
[36:08] | Astrid’s ahead. | 阿斯特丽德领先了 |
[36:11] | I don’t know how to spin this. We’re gonna lose. | 我不知道怎么扭转局面 我们要输了 |
[36:15] | I want to come back and help you, | 我想回来帮你 |
[36:17] | but I can’t handle being humiliated again. | 但我受不了再次被羞辱 |
[36:22] | Is there anything else I need to know? | 还有什么我需要知道的吗 |
[36:24] | I’m obsessed with River. | 我迷恋里弗 |
[36:28] | Not in the traditionally non-heteronormative way. | 不是普通的那种同性之爱 |
[36:30] | But he made me feel things. That was his talent. | 但他让我感知世界 他有这个本事 |
[36:33] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[36:35] | I really do. | 真的 |
[36:39] | But I can’t get him out of my head and I conjure him… | 但我无法不去想他 而且我有时会想像他 |
[36:42] | when I need him for advice. | 当我需要他的建议时 |
[36:43] | Ask him how to get out of this one? | 你问他怎么解决这次的问题了吗 |
[36:45] | No. | 没有 |
[36:46] | And he’s not specific. | 而且他说的都不明确 |
[36:47] | He always just says something poetic | 他总是说些有诗意 |
[36:49] | and deep or we play the piano. | 深刻的话 或我们一起弹琴 |
[36:55] | Is that everything? | 就这些吗 |
[36:56] | Yes, I think so. | 嗯 就这些 |
[37:08] | Do you know why the polls get so reactionary | 你知道为什么每当这类事情发生后 |
[37:10] | when something like this happens? | 民调都会激烈地变化吗 |
[37:13] | Because people wanna follow a leader. | 因为人们想追随领导者 |
[37:15] | All you need to do is let them know | 你只需要让他们明白 |
[37:16] | that it’s still safe to follow you, | 跟随你依然是正确之举 |
[37:18] | the polls’ll turn back in your favor. | 那你的民调就会马上回暖 |
[37:20] | But how do I do that? We don’t have time. | 但我该怎么做 我们没时间了 |
[37:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:25] | But… | 但是 |
[37:29] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[37:31] | And I know what’s right for the school | 我知道学校和世界的 |
[37:33] | and the world is that you win. | 受益之道 就是你赢 |
[37:40] | You have me. | 你有我 |
[37:43] | I’m yours… | 从现在起 |
[37:45] | 100% from now on. | 我百分之百属于你 |
[37:51] | You are the only person who understands me. | 你是唯一理解我的人 |
[38:01] | Oh, and Infinity doesn’t have cancer. She’s faking it. | 对了 英菲尼蒂没得癌症 她在装病 |
[38:18] | 斯凯 太重磅了 民调你又领先了 我们能行 主席女士 我的天 太棒了 舔屁男 笑死老娘了 | |
[39:22] | God! How the hell did you get in here? | 天哪 你怎么进来的 |
[39:24] | You said you would protect me. | 你说过你会保护我 |
[39:27] | Infinity won’t talk to me anymore. She hates me. | 英菲尼蒂现在都不跟我说话了 她恨我 |
[39:31] | She’s probably just mad. | 她大概就是生气 |
[39:33] | It’ll pass. | 会过去的 |
[39:35] | For God’s sake, who else is she gonna go out with? | 老天 她还能跟谁约会 |
[39:46] | I have money. | 我有钱 |
[39:48] | She’s my everything. | 她是我的一切 |
[39:52] | You took my sunshine away! | 你夺走了我的阳光 |
[40:02] | No sex tonight. | 今晚不做爱 |
[40:03] | I’m still sore from my lipo. | 我还没从吸脂手术中缓过来 |
[40:11] | Did you break the glass on that door? | 你打碎了那扇门的玻璃吗 |
[40:14] | Or bleed on the carpet before we left? | 或在走之前淌血在地毯上 |
[40:18] | I don’t know, I don’t remember. | 我不知道 不记得了 |
[40:28] | Astrid? | 阿斯特丽德 |