时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:44] | Mr. And Mrs. Sloan? | 斯隆夫妇 |
[00:46] | Have you spoken to Payton Hobart yet? | 你们找过佩顿·霍巴特了吗 |
[00:49] | They’re running against each other for student body president. | 他们是竞选学生会主席的对手 |
[00:51] | I know under normal circumstances | 我知道在正常情况下 |
[00:53] | that might not seem like a motive | 这可能算不上 |
[00:54] | to do something like this, but Payton is not normal. | 做出这种事的动机 但佩顿并不正常 |
[00:57] | Think it’s coincidence my daughter’s ex-boyfriend | 你觉得我女儿的前男友 |
[00:59] | happened to shoot himself in front of this kid? | 刚好就在他面前自杀 这是巧合吗 |
[01:01] | That’s an open investigation, so I can’t comment on that. | 还在调查中 所以我无可奉告 |
[01:04] | But if I did, I’d say there’s something janky | 不过我要是说的话 我觉得 |
[01:06] | about that whole situation. | 整个事件都有点蹊跷 |
[01:07] | I knew it. What are you waiting for? Go arrest him! | 我就知道 你们还在等什么 去逮捕他 |
[01:10] | We can’t just arrest people. Not rich people at least. | 我们不能随便抓人 至少富人不行 |
[01:12] | This has nothing to do with Payton. | 这跟佩顿无关 |
[01:14] | He was beating her. | 他都领先她了 |
[01:16] | Why mess with her now? | 为何现在来惹她 |
[01:18] | I mean, I think he… | 我是说 我觉得他… |
[01:21] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:23] | My wife is… She’s drunk. And on pills. | 我妻子 她醉了 还吃了药 |
[01:26] | Way she keeps moving her mouth, | 从她嘴巴不停动来看 |
[01:27] | I’d guess a combination of Klonopin, | 我猜是同时吃了氯硝西泮[镇定剂] |
[01:28] | vodka, and grapefruit juice. | 伏特加以及柚子汁 |
[01:30] | He wants to have sex with our daughter. | 他想和我们女儿做爱 |
[01:31] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你什么毛病 |
[01:33] | That’s why he hates the boys that have anything to do with her. | 所以他讨厌任何跟她有关系的男生 |
[01:36] | River, Payton. He wants her for himself. | 里弗 佩顿 他想将她据为己有 |
[01:38] | You know how we met? | 你知道我们是怎么认识的吗 |
[01:39] | I hired her from a service called The Girlfriend Experience | 我从一家叫应召女友的公司聘请了她 |
[01:42] | to be my date at a fundraiser for Ron Paul. | 让我做我女伴参加罗恩·保罗的募捐活动 |
[01:44] | I’m telling you this because I want you to know | 我跟你说这些是想让你知道 |
[01:46] | what kind of woman my wife is. | 我妻子是个怎样的女人 |
[01:48] | I’m not ashamed of who I am. | 我不为我的为人而感到羞愧 |
[01:50] | I was an actress performing for an audience of one. | 我曾是个给单人观众表演的演员 |
[01:54] | You married a hooker, | 你娶了一个妓女 |
[01:55] | so what does that say about the kind of man my husband is? | 这说明我丈夫是个怎样的人呢 |
[01:58] | You two seem to have found a way to make a life for yourselves. | 你俩似乎找到了共同生活的方法 |
[02:00] | I want Payton handcuffed, I want a perp walk, | 我要佩顿被抓 游街示众 |
[02:03] | and I want him humiliated for what he’s done to my daughter! | 我要他因为对我女儿的所作所为而受到羞辱 |
[02:10] | I can’t just handcuff a high school kid and march him downtown. | 我不能随便抓一个高中生 然后游街示众 |
[02:13] | I have to gather evidence, interview witnesses. | 我得收集证据 采访目击者 |
[02:16] | There are procedures and… | 有相关程序以及 |
[02:17] | protocols, and I could get into a lot of trouble if I break them. | 规定 如果我不遵守的话我会有很多麻烦 |
[02:24] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[02:27] | That’s a really nice watch. | 那表不错 |
[04:02] | The numbers are in. It’s not great. | 数字出来了 不太妙 |
[04:05] | The last poll before the video was released | 视频发布前的最后一次民调 |
[04:07] | showed us pulling even with Astrid, | 显示我们和阿斯特丽德是平手 |
[04:08] | our momentum had us poised to overtake her by election day. | 我们的势头让我们可以在选举日之前超过她 |
[04:10] | The latest poll showed a drop of four points. | 最新的民调显示下降了四个百分点 |
[04:12] | Largest single-day drop of the campaign. | 这是竞选以来单日最大降幅 |
[04:14] | We’ve lost all 22 LGBT-plus voters. | 我们失去了22个LGBT类选民 |
[04:16] | The Haitian vote has turned against us for some reason. | 海地选民不知为何叛变了 |
[04:18] | It’s really sensitive to gay rights issues. | 这对同志权益问题很敏感 |
[04:19] | Can we just call him Pierre instead of the Haitian vote? | 我们能叫他皮埃尔而不是海地选民吗 |
[04:22] | And this is before Astrid released any official response. | 这还是阿斯特丽德发表正式回应之前 |
[04:25] | – We will lose the election by 15 points. – Okay, let’s… | -我们会以15个百分点的劣势输掉 -好吧 我们 |
[04:28] | let’s pump the brakes for a second, okay? | 我们先暂停下 好吗 |
[04:30] | Infinity said “Buttmunch.” | 英菲尼蒂说了”舔屁男” |
[04:34] | Right? That’s like the weakest burn in history. | 这是史上最弱的侮辱 |
[04:35] | Sorry, did you just wake up from a decade-long nap? | 你是刚从十年睡眠中苏醒过来吗 |
[04:37] | Infinity screamed “Buttmunch” at a news anchor with highlights | 英菲尼蒂朝一个挑染了头发 闲庭信步的 |
[04:40] | and a saunter in his step, if you know what I mean. | 新闻主播大喊”舔屁男” 如果你懂我的意思 |
[04:42] | What I mean is he’s clearly gay, | 我意思是他显然是同志 |
[04:43] | which means that she was shaming his homosexuality | 意味着她在羞辱他的同性恋身份 |
[04:45] | and made a bigoted assumption | 并做了个歧视的假设 |
[04:46] | about his predilection for anilingus. | 认为他喜欢舐肛 |
[04:48] | It’s unacceptable. | 这无法饶恕 |
[04:49] | But is there a world in which that was a good thing? | 有没有可能这算是好事 |
[04:51] | You know, like a… “Look, that’s obviously not what she meant, | 比如”她显然不是那个意思 |
[04:53] | we’ve all gotten a little too PC” angle? | 我们有点太政治正确了”之类的 |
[04:55] | Right? Could we spin this thing and attract us some votes? | 对吗 我们能不能扭转局面 吸引点票数 |
[04:58] | Uh, yeah, if you want to extend the franchise to shop teachers | 有 如果你想把车间教师和55岁以上的 |
[05:01] | and white male janitorial staff 55 and older. | 白人男性清洁员工也当成选民 |
[05:03] | Also, these nachos are disgusting. | 还有 这些玉米片好恶心 |
[05:06] | Can I throw them straight into the toilet | 我能直接倒进马桶吗 |
[05:07] | so we can all skip the middleman? | 能让我们对话更直接 |
[05:10] | Infinity is off the ticket effective immediately. | 立刻将英菲尼蒂从竞选团队中除名 |
[05:12] | We issue a statement within the hour | 我们在一小时内发表一份声明 |
[05:13] | about our zero-tolerance policy for hate speech. | 阐明我们对仇恨言论的零容忍政策 |
[05:15] | And pray no one finds out about the cancer thing. | 祈祷没人知道癌症的事 |
[05:17] | You mean the doesn’t have cancer thing. | 你是说她没有癌症的事 |
[05:20] | Can I just say something? | 我能说句话吗 |
[05:22] | And I’m not saying “I told you so” when in fact I did tell you so | 我不是要说”我早说吧” 虽然我确实跟你 |
[05:24] | – numerous times. – Here we go. You just can’t help yourself. | -说了多次 -你就是忍不住 对吧 |
[05:26] | Infinity was the wrong choice. | 英菲尼蒂是个错误选择 |
[05:28] | You can’t resist a chance to rub my nose in shit | 你就是不想放过任何一个 |
[05:29] | – we are all aware we stepped in! – I am telling you! | -揭我伤疤的机会 -我跟你说 |
[05:32] | This is a ghost | 这个鬼魂 |
[05:33] | that will be haunting us for the rest of our lives. | 将缠着我们一辈子 |
[05:35] | The skeleton in our closet | 我们的丑闻 |
[05:36] | is a little shrively one in a wheelchair named Infinity Jackson, | 是一个坐轮椅 名叫英菲尼蒂·杰克逊的小人 |
[05:39] | who we knew did not have cancer | 我们明知道她没有癌症 |
[05:40] | and we withheld that information. | 却隐瞒了这消息 |
[05:43] | If that were to get out, | 如果消息传出去 |
[05:44] | and I don’t mean next week, I mean ever… | 我不是说下周 而是任何时候 |
[05:45] | Noted, James! | 知道了 詹姆斯 |
[05:47] | That’s not my concern right now. Who is her replacement? | 我现在不关心这个 谁能替补她 |
[05:50] | – I say we go with the Haitian. – Do you mean Pierre? | -就海地人吧 -你是说皮埃尔吗 |
[05:52] | No. Pierre’s not the right pick. It seems cynical. | 不 皮埃尔不合适 那显得愤世嫉俗 |
[05:54] | It looks like we’re in panic mode, but we’re… | 会让我们看着像处于慌乱模式 但我们… |
[05:58] | I mean, we’re not dead yet, are we? | 我们还没死 对吗 |
[06:00] | No… | 是的 |
[06:01] | not yet. | 暂时还没 |
[06:04] | Okay, get me some more candidates. | 再给我找些候选人 |
[06:06] | Our VP is out there somewhere. We just… | 我们的副主席就在某处 我们只要… |
[06:08] | we can’t see it yet. | 我们还没找到 |
[06:11] | What do we do about Infinity? | 英菲尼蒂怎么办 |
[06:13] | Leave that to me. | 交给我 |
[06:26] | Payton Hobart, we’d like you to come with us. | 佩顿·霍巴特 请你跟我们走一趟 |
[06:28] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[06:29] | You’re a person of interest in the disappearance of Astrid Sloan. | 你与阿斯特丽德失踪一案有关 |
[06:32] | – Just wanna ask you some questions. – What? | -就问几个问题 -搞什么 |
[06:33] | Palms together, like you’re praying. | 像祈祷一样 把手并拢 |
[06:40] | I don’t have to answer your questions | 在和我的律师交流之前 |
[06:41] | until I talk to my lawyer. | 我不会回答任何问题 |
[06:42] | Relax. You’re not being arrested. We’re just talking. | 放松 你还没被逮捕 就聊聊 |
[06:46] | Your classmate Astrid went missing sometime last night | 你的同学阿斯特丽德昨晚失踪 |
[06:49] | and there was reason to believe | 并且有证据表明 |
[06:49] | that she was taken against her will. | 她并非自愿离开 |
[06:51] | Now if you had nothing to do with that, | 如果此事与你无关 |
[06:53] | just tell me and I’ll get you out of here. | 就回答我的问题 我会放你走 |
[06:56] | Where were you last night? | 你昨晚在哪里 |
[06:58] | I was at home. | 我在家里 |
[07:00] | Studying. | 学习 |
[07:01] | For a Mandarin exam. | 准备中文考试 |
[07:03] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:05] | And your parents were home? | 你的父母在吗 |
[07:06] | They’ll be able to confirm where you were? | 能证明你在家吗 |
[07:08] | They were at a benefit. | 他们去参加慈善活动了 |
[07:10] | Got home around midnight. Until then, I was alone. | 午夜才回家 此前只有我一个人 |
[07:12] | But you probably called someone. | 但你在家这段时间 |
[07:14] | Texted somebody while you were home alone? | 你可能给谁打了电话或发过短信 |
[07:17] | I turned my phone off. | 我关机了 |
[07:18] | Right. Mandarin. | 明白了 中文考试 |
[07:20] | It’s hard. | 很难 |
[07:22] | Gotta concentrate. | 要集中注意力 |
[07:23] | Look… Payton, | 是这样 佩顿 |
[07:26] | before I brought you in, I did my homework too. | 带你来之前 我也了解了一下 |
[07:29] | I heard you and your buddies | 我听说你和你朋友 |
[07:30] | like to hang out at the 24 Diner in Milpas. | 喜欢聚在米尔帕斯的24餐厅 |
[07:32] | So, I checked it out. | 所以我去查了 |
[07:34] | Two witnesses say they | 有两个目击者说 |
[07:35] | overheard you talking about somebody named Astrid | 听到你在谈论一个叫阿斯特丽德的人 |
[07:38] | and that you said you were quote, “Gonna kill her.” | 你还说”要杀了她” |
[07:41] | He was rude to me the second I came over. | 我一走过去 他就态度恶劣 |
[07:44] | I was like, “Can I take your order?” as nice as can be. | 我尽可能和善地问”需要点单吗” |
[07:47] | And he’s like, | 他就说 |
[07:48] | “Nobody wants any food, all right? Here’s some money, bitch. | “没人要吃东西 钱拿去 贱人 |
[07:51] | Please go away.” | 走远点” |
[07:52] | And I tell you, we get those rich kids in there all the time. | 不得不说 我们那经常会有一些富家子弟 |
[07:55] | They’re drunk, they’re high. | 又买醉 又嗑药 |
[07:57] | But he wasn’t. | 但他不是 |
[07:58] | He was just angry, | 他只是异常愤怒 |
[07:59] | and I could tell they were hatching some sort of a plan. | 我看得出来他们在密谋些什么 |
[08:03] | But I didn’t think anything of it. | 不过我没多想 |
[08:04] | Then I hear… | 直到我听到 |
[08:05] | Screw Astrid! I’m gonna kill her! | 去尼玛的阿斯特丽德 我要杀了她 |
[08:09] | I gotta find out what’s on that tape. | 我得知道录像上有什么 |
[08:13] | You are aware of the term hyperbole, right? | 你知道夸张法吧 |
[08:15] | So, it’s an exaggerated statement | 就是一种夸大的表述 |
[08:16] | that isn’t meant to be taken literally. | 不能按字面意思去理解 |
[08:18] | So, for example, if a sportscaster reports that | 比如说 体育解说员说 |
[08:21] | the Dodgers “Killed” the Colorado Rockies on Sunday night, | 道奇队在周日晚上”干掉”了科罗拉多洛矶队 |
[08:23] | it doesn’t usually trigger a mass murder investigation. | 警察并不会展开大屠杀调查 |
[08:26] | – So you did say it? – I was angry. | -所以你确实说了吗 -我在气头上 |
[08:30] | She’s my opponent for student body president | 她是我竞选学生会主席的对手 |
[08:32] | and she knows she can’t beat me on the merits, | 她知道她不能光明正大地赢 |
[08:34] | so she chose to fight dirty. | 就和我玩阴的 |
[08:36] | Now, she had just released private | 她刚刚发布了 |
[08:38] | video footage of my running mate on the internet | 我竞选搭档的私人视频 |
[08:39] | in an effort to discredit my campaign. | 试图诋毁我的竞选名声 |
[08:41] | Footage that she likely obtained illegally, I might add. | 一段很可能是非法获得的录像 |
[08:44] | So I raced out of the diner | 于是我离开餐厅 |
[08:45] | to try to get on the same page with my VP, | 想把这一消息告诉我的副主席 |
[08:46] | and try to mitigate some of the damage. | 并试图减少损失 |
[08:49] | Not, as you are suggesting, to kidnap and murder Astrid. | 而不是像你说的 绑架谋杀阿斯特丽德 |
[08:54] | This, uh… | 这个 |
[08:57] | running mate of yours, is she still your running mate? | 你的竞选搭档 她还是你的竞选搭档吗 |
[09:02] | Sort of. What do you mean? | 算是吧 什么意思 |
[09:03] | Who’s Pierre Toussaint? | 皮埃尔·图桑是谁 |
[09:06] | He’s a classmate. Why? | 一个同学 怎么了 |
[09:07] | Are you aware he was also in the diner that night? | 你知道他昨晚也在那家餐厅吗 |
[09:10] | Yeah. I was pulling an all-nighter | 是啊 我当时准备通宵 |
[09:11] | to try to get a term paper finished. | 写完我的学期论文 |
[09:14] | I saw them all come in, | 我看见他们走了进来 |
[09:15] | but I didn’t want them to see me | 但我不想让他们看见我 |
[09:16] | because they’re always asking me about the race. | 因为他们总是问我竞选的事 |
[09:19] | Seriously, I’ve probably been polled, like, 25 times. | 说真的 我大概已经做了25次民意调查 |
[09:23] | And they’re always like, | 他们总是说 |
[09:24] | “We’re really interested in getting a feel for where | “我们很想了解海地人民的 |
[09:26] | the Haitian vote is.” | 投票态度” |
[09:28] | And I’m like, | 我就想 |
[09:28] | “What Haitian vote? It’s just me, I’m one dude!” | “什么海地人民 只有我一个海地人” |
[09:32] | And when I heard him yelling, I didn’t think anything of it. | 听到他大吼的时候 我也没当回事 |
[09:35] | Even when Astrid went missing the next day, I was like, | 甚至第二天阿斯特丽德失踪了 我也觉得 |
[09:38] | “Well, there’s no way Payton did it.” | “不可能是佩顿干的” |
[09:42] | But, what weirded me out was the next day, | 让我觉得不对劲的是后一天 |
[09:45] | one of his campaign people was polling me | 他竞选团队的一个人来民调我 |
[09:47] | and asking me questions | 问我关于 |
[09:48] | about the Haitian perspective or whatever. | 海地人民的看法之类的 |
[09:51] | And then she brought up something else. | 突然她话题一转 |
[09:53] | Can I ask you something off the record? | 我能私下问你件事吗 |
[09:54] | If Payton were to offer you the VP slot, would you take it? | 如果佩顿让你当他的副主席 你愿意吗 |
[09:59] | And then I started thinking about the Astrid thing. | 于是我就想到了阿斯特丽德的事 |
[10:02] | Like, Payton clearly knew that we’re in trouble. | 佩顿很清楚自己的困境 |
[10:05] | But with her out of the way, he’s guaranteed to win. | 但除去阿斯特丽德 他一定能赢 |
[10:08] | Just… | 就像是 |
[10:10] | it seemed like the whole thing moved really fast. | 这一切发生得太快了 |
[10:13] | Does this thrilling and entirely irrelevant twist of a classmate | 这位同学惊心动魄又毫无关联的转变 |
[10:16] | speculating that I had something to do with this | 并推测我与事件有关 |
[10:18] | mean that I’m under arrest right now? | 意味着我被捕了吗 |
[10:21] | Or am I free to go? | 还是说我可以走了 |
[10:36] | Hey, you can’t just leave me in here! Come back! | 你不能把我扔在这 回来 |
[10:41] | We live in a world where women are silenced. | 我们活在一个女性被消音的时代 |
[10:46] | Astrid Sloan has joined the 40,000 women | 阿斯特丽德·斯隆已经成为 |
[10:49] | in this country who have disappeared. | 在这个国家失踪的四万名女性之一 |
[10:52] | Vanished without a trace. | 就这样人间蒸发了 |
[10:55] | At this point, she’s been missing for almost 48 hours. | 截止到现在 她已经失踪将近48个小时了 |
[10:59] | A fact that demands we come to grips with an unsettling fact: | 我们必须要面对这样一个可能的现实 |
[11:04] | Astrid is probably dead. | 阿斯特丽德很可能已经死了 |
[11:07] | Another woman gone. | 又增加了一位女性牺牲者 |
[11:10] | A woman whose only crime was that she dared to speak her mind, | 她唯一的罪过就是无畏地说出自己的想法 |
[11:13] | dared to try to make this world a better place. | 勇于探索让世界变得更美好 |
[11:16] | And once again, | 值得一提的是 |
[11:18] | this bravery, | 这种勇敢 |
[11:19] | this audacious sense of optimism, | 和乐观无畏的精神 |
[11:22] | is not met with applause. | 并没有得到任何赞赏 |
[11:24] | No shouts of “You go, girl!” | 没有人为她呼喊”女孩 加油” |
[11:27] | It is met with murder. | 迎接她的却是谋杀 |
[11:29] | What can we do, O Lord, in the face of this grief? | 我们该怎么办 上帝 该如何面对悲伤 |
[11:33] | This… anger? | 面对愤怒 |
[11:35] | Listen. Really listen. | 听着 用心去聆听 |
[11:38] | Can you hear her? | 你听见她的声音了吗 |
[11:39] | She’s calling to us. She’s saying, “Students! | 她正在向我们呼喊说”同学们 |
[11:41] | Voters! | 选民们 |
[11:44] | Vote!” | 快投票吧” |
[11:45] | And vote we shall! | 那我们就都来投票 |
[11:47] | Astrid, I will carry this burden. | 阿斯特丽德 我会扛起大旗 |
[11:50] | I will run in your place. | 我会负重前行 |
[11:53] | God bless this campaign! | 上帝保佑我们的竞选 |
[12:03] | Oh, thank God. It’s about time. | 感谢上帝 你们来了 |
[12:06] | Yeah, it is. | 是啊 |
[12:10] | Where are you taking me? | 你们要带我去哪儿 |
[12:39] | Where are we? | 我们在哪里 |
[12:40] | Where the hell are we? | 我们到底在哪里 |
[12:45] | Oh, Mom and Dad! | 妈妈爸爸 |
[12:46] | Get him out of there. | 把他弄出来 |
[12:50] | That’s right. | 好了 |
[12:52] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[12:54] | They didn’t hurt you, did they, son? | 他们没伤着你吧 儿子 |
[12:56] | The police station was surrounded by press. | 警察局被媒体包围了 |
[12:58] | No, we couldn’t walk you out and have you photographed. | 我们不能让你出来时被拍个正着 |
[13:00] | We thought you might feel compelled to make a statement. | 我们想你可能觉得有必要发表声明 |
[13:03] | Of course I would’ve been compelled. | 当然 我必须得发表声明 |
[13:04] | I wrote it out on the toilet paper in my cell. It was brilliant. | 我都写在牢房厕纸上了 写得超棒 |
[13:07] | Best to lay low for a few days. | 这几天最好还是低调行事 |
[13:09] | The election is next week! | 选举就在下周 |
[13:10] | My lawyer will be in touch? | 我的律师会联系你们 |
[13:12] | Yes, yes. | 好的 好的 |
[13:13] | We agreed to buy him a timeshare in Mexico | 我们答应在墨西哥给他买一间分时度假 |
[13:15] | for sneaking you out. | 为了把你偷偷带出来 |
[13:16] | Let’s get you a cup of cocoa. | 我们先给你泡一杯热可可 |
[13:23] | Where’s Dad? | 爸爸呢 |
[13:25] | A new shipment came from Henry Boards. | 亨利董事会运了一批新货过来 |
[13:28] | First edition Yeats. | 第一版的叶芝 |
[13:30] | He was a fascist. Yeats, not Dad. | 他是个法西斯主义者 我是说叶芝 不是爸爸 |
[13:37] | So you two are okay? | 你们俩没事吧 |
[13:40] | We are… what we need to be to protect you: | 我们…会为了保护你 |
[13:43] | a family. | 继续做一家人 |
[13:47] | That makes me sad. | 那让我难过 |
[13:51] | “The light of light looks on the motive, not the deed.” | “灯火辉煌看到的是动机 而不是行为 |
[13:54] | The shadow of shadows looks on the deed alone.” | 黑暗之影才独看行为” |
[13:58] | Yeats. | 叶芝 |
[14:00] | Did you do it, Payton? | 是你干的吗 佩顿 |
[14:03] | Hurt Astrid? | 伤害阿斯特丽德吗 |
[14:06] | How can you ask me that, Mom? | 你怎么能这么问我呢 妈妈 |
[14:10] | No. | 没有 |
[14:12] | I was gonna beat her. | 我就快打败她了 |
[14:14] | Could you have? | 你能打败她吗 |
[14:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:20] | Yes. | 能吧 |
[14:22] | Why this dream? | 为什么是这个梦想呢 |
[14:24] | Because I’m compelled. | 因为我必须得这么做 |
[14:27] | Like… | 就像… |
[14:29] | like when they give you an answer on a math test | 就像他们在数学测验时给了你答案 |
[14:31] | and it’s your job to work | 那你就必须顺势 |
[14:32] | your way backwards until you find the problem. | 追溯到问题本源所在 |
[14:34] | I don’t know what I’ll find when I get there, but… | 我不知道到那时会发现什么 但是… |
[14:39] | …I know this is my only path. | 我知道这是我唯一的出路 |
[14:45] | Why does that make you cry? | 你为什么要流泪呢 |
[14:47] | Because I love you so much. | 因为我太爱你了 |
[14:51] | And I know I’m gonna do | 而且我很清楚我会 |
[14:52] | whatever it takes to help you get what you want. | 不惜一切代价帮你实现梦想 |
[14:56] | And I’m sad for the person that’s gonna turn me into. | 我难过的是 我会因此变成另一种人 |
[15:02] | Four days now, and I have not heard anyone mention | 已经四天过去了 我还没有听到任何人提起 |
[15:05] | the real villain in all of this: | 这一切的罪魁祸首 |
[15:07] | legal pot. | 合法大麻 |
[15:08] | Don’t tell me marijuana did not have something to do with | 别告诉我这个可怜的女孩的失踪 |
[15:11] | – this poor girl’s disappearance. – I’m not disagreeing. | -和大麻没有半点关系 -我没有不同意 |
[15:16] | What’d you shut it off for? | 你关了干嘛 |
[15:18] | I just wanted to make sure they had no clue about where we are. | 我只想确保他们完全不知道我们在哪 |
[15:21] | Yet. | 暂时不知道 |
[15:25] | They’re not gonna find us. | 他们找不到我们的 |
[15:27] | We’re only using cash. | 我们只用现金 |
[15:28] | We checked in here using my fake ID. | 入住用的也是假证件 |
[15:30] | We’re 3,000 miles away from anyone who’s looking for us. | 我们离搜索区域有三千英里远 |
[15:34] | New York City’s the place to go if you wanna get lost in a crowd. | 纽约是玩人海消失的最佳去处 |
[15:39] | Let’s bang again. | 我们再来一次 |
[15:41] | No! | 不行 |
[15:43] | No! | 不行 |
[15:44] | We’ve done it, like, four times already today. | 今天我们好像已经干了四次了 |
[15:46] | My pecker is raw, Astrid. | 我已经硬不起来了 阿斯特丽德 |
[15:50] | I’d always heard that dumb people were better at sex. | 我一直听说蠢人的床上功夫更厉害 |
[15:54] | Why do you think that is? | 你觉得这是为什么呢 |
[15:56] | Maybe it’s ’cause you’re not thinking about other things. | 也许是因为你不会去想其他事情 |
[15:58] | So you can just be, like, present. | 所以你可以活在当下 |
[16:04] | I am dumb. | 我很蠢 |
[16:06] | I’m so dumb! | 我是个大蠢驴 |
[16:08] | They’re gonna put me in the gas chamber for being part of this. | 如果他们知道我干的 一定把我送进毒气室 |
[16:10] | There’s no death penalty in California. | 加利福尼亚州没有死刑 |
[16:13] | Then they’re gonna throw me in jail forever. | 那他们会判我终身监禁 |
[16:15] | For what? I’m the one who forced you to take me here. | 什么罪名 是我强迫你带我来的 |
[16:18] | Now get back into bed and gimme that big, dumb wiener | 给回床上 把你的傻大屌给我 |
[16:21] | or I’m gonna tell everybody you kidnapped me. | 不然我就告诉全世界你绑架了我 |
[16:25] | Okay. | 好 |
[16:30] | I’ve never been happier in my life. | 我这辈子从来没这么开心过 |
[16:34] | You took my sunshine away! | 你把我的阳光都夺走了 |
[16:36] | I felt trapped by my life. | 我感觉不到自由 |
[16:38] | There was no way out. | 无路可出 |
[16:39] | But then this idiot showed up | 然后这个傻蛋出现了 |
[16:41] | and I knew he was my ticket to freedom. | 我就知道他是我通往自由的一票 |
[16:43] | His price was cheap: $300. | 他要价很便宜 三百块 |
[16:47] | Get me out of here. | 带我离开这里 |
[16:51] | Pull it off. | 拆掉 |
[16:52] | All of it! | 全部拆掉 |
[16:53] | For that, he would trash my room and take me away. | 因此 他会毁了我的房间 然后带我走 |
[16:57] | I took nothing. I wanted to start fresh. | 我什么也没拿 我只想要重新开始 |
[17:03] | Push it over. | 推倒 |
[17:08] | – Come on. – Okay. | -快点 -好 |
[17:12] | 入口 麦迪逊广场花园 | |
[17:12] | We traveled like real Americans: poor people. | 我们像真正的美国人一样旅行 穷人 |
[17:16] | For once in my life, I wanted to be average and normal. | 就一次 我想做个普通人 |
[17:20] | Being lame was liberating. | 土得掉渣是一种释放 |
[17:22] | I waited in lines. | 我排队等候 |
[17:24] | I ate at chain restaurants. | 在连锁餐厅吃饭 |
[17:26] | I craved being a tourist, out of place, uncomfortable. | 我很想当游客 格格不入 不自在 |
[17:30] | My whole life has been an exercise in pursuing comfort | 我一生都在追求舒适 |
[17:33] | so I could tolerate how miserable I was. | 这样我就能忍受痛苦的现状 |
[17:35] | How much I hated my house, my parents, my friends. | 我有多么憎恨我的家 我的父母和朋友 |
[17:39] | – School pressure, social pressure. – Come on! | -学校和社交的压力 -来 |
[17:41] | Not anymore. | 这些都不复存在 |
[17:46] | Pose! | 摆造型 |
[17:47] | New York hoochie! | 纽约艳女 |
[17:48] | Ricardo is not the best company, | 里卡多不是最好的玩伴 |
[17:50] | but he’s perfect for this adventure. | 但他是这次冒险的最佳人选 |
[17:52] | Whirlie girlie! | 转个圈 小妞 |
[17:53] | I won’t keep him forever, but I don’t think I’ll ever go back. | 我不会让他陪我一辈子 但我也不会再回去 |
[17:55] | Oh, you hot New York bitch. | 你这个性感的纽约小贱人 |
[17:58] | In my dream, I escape to Orlando, | 在我的梦里 我逃到奥兰多市 |
[17:59] | or someplace just as basic, | 或是某个原始的地方 |
[18:01] | and they pin my disappearance on Payton | 然后他们把我的失踪归咎于佩顿 |
[18:03] | and he goes to jail. | 然后他会坐牢 |
[18:04] | For life. | 坐一辈子牢 |
[18:08] | Infinity! | 英菲尼蒂 |
[18:14] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[18:16] | I miss her. | 我想她 |
[18:19] | Don’t you miss anyone? | 难道你不想念任何人吗 |
[18:22] | No. | 不想 |
[18:25] | Hey, wanna go back to Bubba Gump’s? | 想回阿甘虾餐厅吗 |
[18:28] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:40] | – Hi. – You wanted to see me? | -你好 -你想要见我吗 |
[18:41] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[18:42] | I didn’t know that there was a chapel at this school. | 我都不知道这所学校里有个小教堂 |
[18:44] | – Yeah. – Payton? | -嗯 -佩顿 |
[18:46] | Okay. I… I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry. | 好 对不起 真的对不起 |
[18:50] | I just… I can’t believe that… | 我只是… 我不敢相信… |
[18:53] | Ricardo would do something like this. It has to be him. | 里卡多会做这种事 肯定是他 |
[18:55] | I was with him when he saw the tape. I just… | 他看到录像带时 我和他一起 我只是 |
[18:57] | I never thought in a billion years | 我无论如何也想不到 |
[19:00] | that he would betray me like that. | 他会这样背叛我 |
[19:01] | – I think that we can fix this. – Infinity… | -我想我们可以解决这件事 -英菲尼蒂 |
[19:04] | – I stayed up all night thinking about it… – Infinity… | -我一晚没睡在想这事 -英菲尼蒂 |
[19:06] | – and the plan that I have, I’m very excited… – Infinity… | -我想出了令我兴奋的计划 -英菲尼蒂 |
[19:08] | I wanted to do you the honor of telling you this in person now. | 我想给你点尊重 当面亲自告诉你 |
[19:10] | Number one, you’re off the ticket. | 第一 你被淘汰了 |
[19:11] | Okay? You are no longer my vice president. | 你不再是我的副主席 |
[19:13] | – What? – Number two, | -什么 -第二 |
[19:15] | and this… this is somewhat delicate… | 这事不太好说 |
[19:16] | How could you? | 你怎么能这样 |
[19:18] | Excuse me, how could I? | 你说什么 我怎么能怎样 |
[19:19] | You’re just like everybody else. | 你和所有的人一样 |
[19:21] | All right then. | 那好吧 |
[19:22] | – I had a dream… – You… | -我有个梦想 -你… |
[19:24] | – OK. – …you’re ruining it. | -好 -却被你毁了 |
[19:25] | Point of fact, I was sorta the one with the dream. | 事实上 我才是有梦想的那个人 |
[19:28] | Right? I don’t think you spent your life dreaming about being | 对吧 我认为你不会一辈子梦想着 |
[19:30] | the vice president of anything. OK? Let’s just slow your roll. | 当副主席之类的事 你先别豪言壮志 |
[19:32] | What about everything you promised me? | 那你答应过我的一切呢 |
[19:34] | Infinity, I think that you’re a very damaged person, | 英菲尼蒂 我认为你是一个伤痕累累的人 |
[19:37] | but I respect you enough as an individual | 但我很尊重你本人 |
[19:38] | to give this to you straight. | 我就和你直说了 |
[19:40] | I don’t have enough proof to say so for sure, | 我没有足够的证据说这话 |
[19:42] | but I am fairly certain | 但是我相当肯定 |
[19:44] | that your grandmother has been poisoning you. | 你姥姥一直在毒害你 |
[19:49] | Payton… | 佩顿 |
[19:50] | – It’s called Munchausen by proxy. – It’s called what? | -那叫孟乔森氏症候群 -叫什么 |
[19:52] | So it’s “Munchausen by proxy.” | 那叫孟乔森氏症候群 |
[19:54] | I don’t have Munchausen. | 我没有孟乔森氏症候群 |
[19:57] | She is making you sick, Infinity. | 是她在让你生病 英菲尼蒂 |
[19:59] | I am sick, Payton. | 我是生病了 霍巴特 |
[20:02] | I have cancer. | 我有癌症 |
[20:03] | I don’t know that you do. | 我觉得你没有 |
[20:08] | You’re trying to take advantage of me. | 你想占我便宜 |
[20:09] | I’m trying to… How… How am I taking advantage? | 我想要… 我怎么占便宜了 |
[20:12] | Infinity, I want you to listen very closely | 英菲尼蒂 我要你仔细听清楚 |
[20:15] | to what I’m about to tell you | 我接下来要告诉你的话 |
[20:15] | because I’m not gonna repeat myself | 因为我不会再说一遍 |
[20:16] | and if I’m asked about this in the future, | 如果以后有人问我这个问题 |
[20:18] | I will have to deny it. | 我必须否认 |
[20:20] | We tested your blood, Infinity. | 我们检测过你的血液 英菲尼蒂 |
[20:23] | There was no sign of cancer. | 完全没有癌症迹象 |
[20:27] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[20:32] | Liar. | 骗子 |
[20:32] | – I’m lying. Great. – You’re trying to trick me. | -我骗人 好极了 -你想骗我 |
[20:36] | You probably just want to have sex with me. | 也许你只是想和我上床 |
[20:38] | – You wanna have sex with me. – Oh my… Yep! | -你想和我上床 -天呐 没错 |
[20:41] | You know what? You know what? You’re right, Infinity. | 你说得太对了 英菲尼蒂 |
[20:43] | That’s what I’ve been after. | 这就是我一直想要的 |
[20:44] | This whole thing has been | 整件事都是 |
[20:45] | about just getting the chance to seduce you. | 因为我想找机会勾引你 |
[20:47] | Listen, the next time that she tries to | 听着 下次她要 |
[20:48] | put a needle in your arm, you don’t let her. | 给你打针时 别允许 |
[20:50] | Okay? You don’t accept medicine | 懂吗 不要接受药物 |
[20:52] | or “Treatments” from anyone for… six months. | 或来自任何人的”治疗” 坚持六个月 |
[20:55] | See if you feel better. | 看看你是否感觉好些 |
[20:56] | And then you graduate from this high school | 然后当你高中毕业时 |
[20:58] | and you get as far away from here as you possibly can. | 尽可能地远离这里 |
[21:01] | But can… you at least give me some money? | 但你能至少给我点钱吗 |
[21:04] | No. No, no, no. I cannot be responsible for you. Okay? | 不 不不 我不能为你负责 懂吗 |
[21:06] | There’s legal ramifications here, right? | 这存在法律后果 知道吗 |
[21:08] | That’s like an admission of guilt. | 就像是供认罪行 |
[21:09] | That’d be like I played a part in all this. | 像我也参与了这事一样 |
[21:11] | But you did. | 但你参与了 |
[21:13] | – Goodbye, Infinity. – Why won’t you help me? | -再见 英菲尼蒂 -你为什么不帮我 |
[21:15] | I just did! I just saved your life! | 我帮了 我刚救了你一命 |
[21:22] | Boy, this is something, isn’t it? | 这可真丰盛 对吧 |
[21:25] | I mean, this is the kind of treatment | 你得习惯习惯 |
[21:27] | you are gonna have to get used to. | 这种高级待遇 |
[21:29] | This is what being a celebrity is all about. | 这就是当名人的好处 |
[21:32] | You never have to pay for anything. | 永远不用买单 |
[21:35] | Look at that. | 看看这一盘子 |
[21:37] | Now, look, honey, I know | 听着 亲爱的 我知道 |
[21:38] | that you are upset about this videotape thing, | 你在为录像带的事难过 |
[21:41] | but I talked to Ray. | 但我和雷谈过了 |
[21:44] | He has a great idea. | 他有个好主意 |
[21:45] | He said all we have to say is that it’s a fake. | 他说我们只需要坚称那是假的就行了 |
[21:49] | I honestly don’t understand | 说实话我无法理解 |
[21:51] | why calling that gay man a buttmunch was such a scandal. | 为什么管那基佬叫舔屁男能引起这么大丑闻 |
[21:56] | I mean, whatever floats your boat. | 萝卜青菜各有所爱呗 |
[21:59] | That’s what gays do. | 基佬不都这样吗 |
[22:01] | Munch butts and… | 舔舔屁股 |
[22:03] | celebrate Halloween. | 庆祝万圣节 |
[22:05] | It’s over. Payton fired me. | 结束了 佩顿炒了我 |
[22:08] | What? | 什么 |
[22:10] | When did this happen? | 这是什么时候的事 |
[22:11] | And I know. | 还有我知道了 |
[22:14] | I know, Nana. | 我知道了 姥姥 |
[22:17] | I know what you have been doing to me. | 我知道你一直以来对我做的事 |
[22:19] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[22:21] | Munchausen by proxy. | 孟乔森氏症候群 |
[22:26] | Payton told me. Nana, I know that I don’t have… | 佩顿说的 姥姥 我知道我没有 |
[22:31] | cancer. | 癌症 |
[22:32] | Is this some kind of joke? | 这是在开玩笑吗 |
[22:33] | I don’t know why you want to make me sick, | 我不知道为什么你想让我生病 |
[22:35] | I just know that… | 我只知道 |
[22:36] | really I’m… | 其实我 |
[22:40] | I’m not sick. | 我没有病 |
[22:41] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[22:42] | That I want to make you sick? | 我想让你生病 |
[22:44] | What are all the injections, Nana? | 那些注射剂里面是什么 姥姥 |
[22:47] | You know what they are. | 你知道是什么 |
[22:48] | They’re the chemo for your cancer. | 治疗你癌症的化疗药物 |
[22:51] | Why is it that you and Ray | 为什么只有你和雷 |
[22:52] | are the only ones who can give me the injections | 才能给我注射药物 |
[22:56] | when a doctor is supposed to do that? | 那难道不是医生的工作吗 |
[22:57] | Oh, a doctor! A doctor? | 医生 医生 |
[23:01] | If I left this in the hands of a doctor, | 如果我把你留给医生 |
[23:03] | you would not be going to school, | 你根本就不能去上学 |
[23:06] | you would not be sleeping in your own bed. | 你不能睡在自己的床上 |
[23:10] | If I left it to a doctor, | 如果我把你留给医生 |
[23:12] | you would be living your life in a hospital room. | 你就只能生活在医院的病房里 |
[23:15] | It is only through my sacrifice, | 都是因为我的牺牲 |
[23:18] | I have given up my life | 我放弃了我的生活 |
[23:20] | so you could live the life you wanted, | 让你可以过你想要的生活 |
[23:22] | and this is how you repay me? | 然后你就这么回报我 |
[23:24] | And I don’t know why | 而且我不知道为什么 |
[23:25] | that boy would tell you something like that, | 那个小子要跟你说这些 |
[23:27] | but if he did, then he is evil. | 但如果他说了 他就太罪恶了 |
[23:29] | They tested my blood, Nana! | 他们验了我的血 姥姥 |
[23:33] | – You sit down. – I don’t care! I’m not gonna sit down! | -你坐下 -我不在乎 我不坐下 |
[23:35] | – I don’t care! I don’t care! – Sit down! | -我不在乎 不在乎 -坐下 |
[23:37] | Everybody should know what she has been doing to me! | 大家都应该知道她对我干了什么 |
[23:40] | You should have to pay for all of this pasta! | 你应该为这一盘意面买单 |
[23:43] | You… You sit down! | 你… 你坐下 |
[23:46] | Sit down! | 坐下 |
[23:52] | Why did you lie to me? | 你为什么要骗我 |
[23:56] | I didn’t lie to you. | 我没有骗你 |
[23:59] | You’ve taken everything from me. | 你夺走了我的一切 |
[24:01] | You’ve taken my boyfriend. | 你夺走了我的男友 |
[24:03] | Your boyfriend. Ha! | 你的男友 可笑 |
[24:05] | He is taking advantage of you. | 他是在占你便宜 |
[24:07] | You have the IQ of a kindergartner. | 你的智商只有幼儿园的水平 |
[24:10] | I’m gonna kill that boy. | 我要杀了那个小子 |
[24:11] | I lost my shot at being vice president of my school. | 我失去了成为学校副主席的机会 |
[24:17] | And I lost my trust in you. | 也失去了对你的信任 |
[24:24] | – No, no, no. Where are you going? – I don’t know. | -不不 你去哪 -没想好 |
[24:26] | Maybe I’m gonna turn you in. | 也许去举报你 |
[24:30] | I haven’t decided yet. | 我还没决定 |
[24:33] | No more injections. | 不准再给我注射 |
[24:37] | No more medicine. | 不准再给我吃药 |
[24:45] | Who is that? | 是谁啊 |
[24:48] | Hello? | 喂 |
[24:49] | You answered. | 你接电话了 |
[24:53] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[24:55] | In hell without you, baby. | 没有你 如同身在地狱 宝贝 |
[24:57] | I saw that Frozen musical and all I could think was, | 我看了《冰雪奇缘》的音乐剧 我想的都是 |
[25:01] | “Infinity is my Elsa.” | “英菲尼蒂是我的艾尔莎” |
[25:03] | You saw a musical without me? | 你一个人去看音乐剧了 |
[25:05] | Do you hate me? | 你恨我吗 |
[25:07] | Because all I was trying to do was be your hero. | 因为我只是想成为你的英雄 |
[25:10] | Those people are taking advantage of you. | 那些人都在利用你 |
[25:12] | And I see that now. | 现在我明白了 |
[25:15] | You’re the only one | 你是唯一 |
[25:18] | who really loves me. | 真正爱我的人 |
[25:19] | I’m comin’ home to you, Infinity. | 我要回家找你 英菲尼蒂 |
[25:22] | As soon as I can. | 尽快回来 |
[25:24] | I love you so much. | 我好爱你 |
[25:25] | I love you, Ricardo. | 我爱你 里卡多 |
[25:46] | – Where’s my lamb and rice platter? – What? | -我的羊肉盖饭呢 -什么 |
[25:48] | You left to get me a lamb and rice platter | 你出去给我买羊肉盖饭了 |
[25:49] | from the Halal cart down the block. | 在街角的那个清真餐车 |
[25:52] | Whatever. Let’s just have sex again. | 随便吧 我们接着做爱吧 |
[25:54] | No! | 不行 |
[25:55] | Never again. | 再也不做了 |
[25:57] | I love one woman and one woman only. | 我只爱一个女人 |
[25:59] | Now and forever. | 从今直到永远 |
[26:00] | I’m going back to her. Today. | 我要回到她身边 今天就走 |
[26:03] | Where’s my $300? | 我的三百块呢 |
[26:06] | Top drawer of the dresser. | 梳妆台最上面的抽屉 |
[26:12] | Take an extra hundred | 多拿一百吧 |
[26:14] | for smokes and food on the road. | 路上买烟和吃的 |
[26:16] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:22] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[26:24] | Change my name. Dye my hair. | 换个名字 把头发染了 |
[26:26] | Disappear. | 从人间蒸发 |
[26:32] | This is gonna get old. | 这种生活会让你厌倦 |
[26:34] | I’ve lived poor and invisible. | 我一直都贫穷无名地活着 |
[26:37] | It may be fun for someone like you to visit, | 可能你这样的人偶尔体验下是不错 |
[26:41] | but there’s no honor in living here. | 但活在这并不体面 |
[26:44] | We had a cool time and all, | 我们在一起玩得挺开心 |
[26:46] | but you should go home. | 但你得回家了 |
[26:48] | To what? | 回去干嘛 |
[26:49] | You worked so hard on that election. | 你为选举那么拼命 |
[26:51] | I don’t get how | 我不明白 |
[26:52] | someone can care so much about something, | 一个人怎么能这么在乎一件事 |
[26:54] | and then just run away right before the end. | 但在快结束时却突然逃跑 |
[26:57] | I just don’t like to lose. | 我只是不喜欢输 |
[26:59] | My father really doesn’t like me to lose. | 我爸真的很不喜欢我输 |
[27:02] | Pretty, rich girls like you never lose. | 你这样漂亮有钱的姑娘永远不会输 |
[27:07] | They just don’t win sometimes. | 只是偶尔赢不了而已 |
[27:09] | And thanks to me, Infinity isn’t running anymore. | 多亏了我 英菲尼蒂不再竞选了 |
[27:13] | And that Payton guy is screwed. | 那个佩顿小子完蛋了 |
[27:27] | If you’re not home in a week, | 如果一周内你没有回家 |
[27:28] | I’m gonna tell them where you are. | 我就告诉大家你在哪里 |
[27:30] | You really think I could win? | 你真的觉得我能赢 |
[27:33] | I’d vote for you. | 我会投你一票 |
[27:50] | Raise your arms. | 举起双手 |
[28:05] | Let me get a baseline here. | 让我测一下基准线 |
[28:07] | Is your name Alice Charles? | 你的名字是艾丽斯·查尔斯吗 |
[28:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:11] | Was Payton Hobart involved | 佩顿·霍巴特是否 |
[28:12] | with the disappearance of Astrid Sloan? | 与阿斯特丽德·斯隆的失踪案有关 |
[28:19] | Let’s go live to Janet Harcour, | 现在我们连线珍妮特·哈科尔 |
[28:21] | who is outside police headquarters… | 她此刻就在警局总部外 |
[28:23] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[28:24] | …is about to make a statement. | …即将发表声明 |
[28:25] | Hello. While the whereabouts of Astrid Sloan… | 大家好 阿斯特丽德·斯隆的下落… |
[28:27] | – What is she doing? – We have no idea. | -她在干什么 -我们不知道 |
[28:29] | …her disappearance has caused | 她的失踪引发了 |
[28:30] | some wild speculation throughout our community about | 我们社区内各种各样的猜测 |
[28:33] | who may or may not be involved | 谁可能与此事有关 |
[28:35] | and I wanted to provide as much information as I can | 我也想提供尽可能多的信息 |
[28:38] | in regard to who is and who isn’t | 关于此刻谁是 |
[28:41] | an active person of interest at this time. | 本案正在调查的嫌犯 |
[28:43] | Payton Hobart was brought in | 佩顿·霍巴特曾被 |
[28:44] | for questioning and held for several hours, | 带到警局问询 并扣押了几小时 |
[28:46] | but Alice Charles has passed | 但艾丽斯·查尔斯通过了 |
[28:48] | a polygraph test confirming Payton’s whereabouts | 测谎仪测试 证实了案发当晚 |
[28:51] | during the night in question. | 佩顿的去向 |
[28:52] | Thank you, Chief. | 谢谢 局长 |
[28:56] | As the chief just indicated, | 正如刚才局长所说 |
[28:58] | I was with Payton Hobart the night that Astrid disappeared. | 阿斯特丽德失踪当晚 佩顿·霍巴特和我在一起 |
[29:01] | Payton was reluctant to name me as an alibi | 佩顿先前不愿用我做他的不在场证明 |
[29:04] | as he wished to protect me from even the hint of scandal. | 因为他希望保护我不受一丝一毫丑闻的影响 |
[29:07] | But I felt compelled to come forward to clear his name. | 但我觉得自己有必要站出来为他正名 |
[29:10] | You were with her that night? | 那晚你和她在一起 |
[29:11] | Why didn’t you just tell the police that? | 你为什么没告诉警察 |
[29:13] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[29:14] | our thoughts and prayers are with Astrid’s family | 我们的思念与祈祷与阿斯特丽德的家人同在 |
[29:17] | as we hope and pray for her return. | 我们希望她能早日归来 |
[29:31] | You told the police I was with you that night. | 你告诉警察那晚我跟你在一起 |
[29:33] | I wasn’t. | 我没有 |
[29:34] | But I said you were. | 但我说你有 |
[29:36] | They were suspicious, so I agreed to a lie detector test, | 他们不信 所以我同意测谎 |
[29:40] | which I passed. | 而且我通过了 |
[29:41] | Which means it wasn’t a lie. | 意味着我没有说谎 |
[29:44] | You were with me that night. | 你那晚和我在一起 |
[29:46] | But I don’t understand. How did you pass a polygraph? | 但我不明白 你怎么能通过测谎仪 |
[29:53] | A polygraph isn’t a test. | 测谎仪不是测试 |
[29:55] | It’s an interrogation tool, | 是一种审讯工具 |
[29:56] | and the only role the polygraph plays is to intimidate. | 测谎仪的唯一任务是震慑受测者 |
[29:59] | You can’t record truth or deception. | 你无法录下真相或谎言 |
[30:02] | There’s no such thing as a lying reaction. | 所谓的说谎反应是不存在的 |
[30:05] | What a polygraph records is nervousness. | 测谎仪录下的是紧张程度 |
[30:08] | And you didn’t have anything to do | 而你和阿斯特丽德的 |
[30:10] | with Astrid’s disappearance. | 失踪案毫无关系 |
[30:12] | I knew that in my heart. | 我非常清楚这点 |
[30:15] | Which meant I had nothing to be nervous about. | 也就是说我没什么可紧张的 |
[30:18] | But still, you were making statements that you knew were false. | 但是 你发表了一个你明知是假的声明 |
[30:20] | The machine had to have picked it up. | 机器肯定会检测到 |
[30:22] | In a polygraph exam, you’re asked two types of questions: | 在测谎测试中 你会遇到两种类型问题 |
[30:26] | relevant questions and controls. | 相关问题和准绳问题 |
[30:29] | Do you live at 4353 Sycamore Drive? | 你住在梧桐路4353号吗 |
[30:34] | Yes. | 对 |
[30:35] | Besides what you’ve told me, | 除去你告诉我的 |
[30:36] | have you ever lied to get out of trouble? | 你是否通过撒谎摆脱困境 |
[30:39] | No. | 没有 |
[30:41] | Are you lying to protect Payton Hobart? | 你是否在撒谎保护佩顿·霍巴特 |
[30:45] | No. | 没有 |
[30:46] | The key to passing a lie detector test | 通过测谎仪的关键 |
[30:47] | is showing a reaction to the control questions… | 在于被问到准绳问题时 |
[30:49] | Are you a student at St. Sebastian High School? | 你是圣塞巴斯蒂安高中的学生吗 |
[30:53] | …with a series of short, rapid breaths. | 加入一系列短而急促的呼吸 |
[30:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:56] | When they asked a relevant question… | 当他们问到相关问题时 |
[30:57] | Were you with Payton Hobart | 阿斯特丽德失踪当晚 |
[30:58] | on the night of Astrid’s disappearance? | 你和佩顿·霍巴特在一起吗 |
[31:01] | …I pictured you and me | 我就想象你和我 |
[31:03] | on the limo ride down Pennsylvania Avenue | 坐着豪华车 在宾夕法尼亚大道上 |
[31:05] | toward the White House on the day of your first inaugural. | 在你首次就职典礼之日开往白宫 |
[31:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:09] | Did you spend the night with him? | 你和他一整夜都在一起吗 |
[31:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:13] | She’s telling the truth. | 她说的是实话 |
[31:14] | I can’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 |
[31:15] | Believe what? | 相信什么 |
[31:17] | That I’m a stone-cold bitch with ice water in my veins? | 我是个冷血婊子 血管中流淌着冰水吗 |
[31:21] | Yes. Exactly. | 对 没错 |
[31:25] | I’ve missed you. | 我想你了 |
[31:28] | I’ve missed you too. | 我也想你了 |
[31:31] | And I’ve never been more attracted to you. | 我从没觉得你这么有魅力过 |
[32:31] | God! | 天哪 |
[32:33] | My baby! | 我的宝贝 |
[32:34] | My baby! My baby! | 我的宝贝 我的宝贝 |
[32:37] | – Oh, are you hurt? – No. | -你受伤了吗 -没有 |
[32:40] | Thank God. How did you escape? | 谢天谢地 你怎么逃出来的 |
[32:42] | We must call the police. | 我们必须报警 |
[32:43] | Whoever took you will know that you’ll come here. | 绑架你的人肯定知道你会回来 |
[32:45] | Was it one of those situations like that Brie Larson movie? | 是像布丽·拉尔森那部电影一样吗[房间] |
[32:48] | No, Mom. I didn’t escape. No one took me. | 不 妈妈 我没有逃 没人绑架我 |
[32:51] | – Wha… – I ran away from home. | -什么 -我离家出走了 |
[32:53] | But there was blood all over the place. | 但家里到处都是血 |
[32:56] | They tested it, it wasn’t yours. | 他们验了DNA 不是你的 |
[32:58] | It was Ricardo’s. | 是里卡多的 |
[33:00] | I forced him to make it look like he kidnapped me, | 我强迫他把现场布置成他绑架我的假象 |
[33:02] | but the honest truth is that I kinda kidnapped him. | 但说实话 其实是我绑架了他 |
[33:07] | I needed to get away. | 我得离开一阵 |
[33:10] | I’m not happy. | 我不幸福 |
[33:12] | I don’t wanna hate my life anymore. | 我不想再憎恨自己的生活了 |
[33:15] | Not happy is not a reason to put us through all of this. | 不幸福不是让我们经历这些的理由 |
[33:18] | Not happy is what antidepressants are for. | 不幸福是抗抑郁剂存在的意义 |
[33:25] | I wanna feel my life, Mom. | 我想感受我的生活 妈妈 |
[33:29] | If I’m too drugged up to know if I’m happy or sad, | 如果我吃药吃的分辨不出自己幸福与否 |
[33:31] | how am I gonna know if I need to make changes? | 我又怎么会知道是否需要做出改变 |
[33:33] | Honey, people like us don’t make changes. | 亲爱的 我们这样的人从不改变 |
[33:35] | Making changes could risk everything | 改变可能危及到我们 |
[33:37] | we’ve worked so hard to attain. | 来之不易的一切 |
[33:38] | The first thing we’re going to do | 首先我们要做的 |
[33:39] | is come up with a good enough story | 就是想出一个合理的故事 |
[33:41] | to pin all of this on that Ricardo boy. | 把这一切都怪罪到里卡多头上 |
[33:43] | – What? – Sweetheart! | -什么 -亲爱的 |
[33:44] | The entire community has gathered around you | 整个社区都围着你转 |
[33:46] | like some kid in a well. | 仿佛你掉井里了 |
[33:48] | If they find out this is just | 如果他们发现这只是 |
[33:49] | some silly teenage runaway story, | 愚蠢青少年离家出走 |
[33:51] | we will be humiliated. | 我们就太丢脸了 |
[33:53] | ‘Cause people who aren’t like us | 因为不如我们的人 |
[33:54] | get humiliated every day, Mom. | 天天都在受羞辱 妈妈 |
[33:55] | I saw it firsthand. | 我亲眼见到的 |
[33:57] | Waitresses, homeless going number two in the streets, | 服务生 流浪汉在街上大号 |
[34:01] | people on public transportation. | 坐公共交通的人们 |
[34:03] | It’s hell out there. | 外面简直是地狱 |
[34:06] | Which is why I’m gonna tell the truth | 所以我要说出真相 |
[34:07] | about where I was and what I saw, | 关于我的所到之地 和所见所闻 |
[34:09] | and win this election as a true woman of the people. | 并且作为一位真正的平民女性 赢得选择 |
[34:18] | They will see through it. | 他们会看穿你 |
[34:20] | You’re not. | 你不是 |
[34:21] | You’re one of us. | 你是我们的一员 |
[34:22] | I’m the daughter of a drug-addicted hooker. | 我是有毒瘾的妓女的女儿 |
[34:33] | I’m gonna tell them everything. | 我要告诉大家一切 |
[34:35] | And then I’m gonna win. | 然后我会赢 |
[34:49] | Thank you all for coming. | 感谢大家前来 |
[34:52] | As you can see, I’m not dead. | 如你们所见 我并没有死 |
[34:55] | I’d like to give my sincerest apologies | 我想向大家致以诚挚的抱歉 |
[34:57] | for the media circus that my disappearance caused. | 因我的失踪而引起的媒体恐慌 |
[35:01] | Please know that it was never my intention, | 请相信我 这不是我的初衷 |
[35:03] | and that I plan to make amends | 并且我打算弥补一切 |
[35:05] | and repay every taxpayer dollar spent | 并补偿所有为寻找我 |
[35:07] | trying to ascertain my whereabouts. | 而花费的纳税人的钱 |
[35:10] | I ran away because I felt overwhelmed… | 我离家出走是因为我感觉无法承受 |
[35:15] | by pressures both at home and at school. | 来自家庭和学校的压力 |
[35:18] | But… | 但是 |
[35:19] | I’m here to tell you that | 我在此告诉大家 |
[35:20] | running away really does only make it worse. | 离家出走只让一切更加糟糕 |
[35:23] | To my parents, my teachers, my peers, and my supporters, | 我的父母 老师 同学和我的支持者 |
[35:26] | 突发新闻 失踪女孩搜救结束 | |
[35:26] | I’m truly sorry to have let you down. | 我真得很抱歉让你们失望了 |
[35:28] | Am I crazy or is she kinda knocking this out of the park? | 是我疯了 还是她真的表现出众 |
[35:31] | This is like ’08 Hillary | 这就是08年希拉里 |
[35:32] | tearing up in that cafe in New Hampshire. | 在新罕布什尔声泪俱下的那次 |
[35:34] | You’re like, “Oh, I thought I hated her. Maybe I don’t hate her.” | 你会感觉”我以为我恨她 也许我不恨她” |
[35:36] | She could not be more full of shit, but I believe everything she’s saying. | 她简直一派胡言 但我相信她说的每句话 |
[35:38] | – I don’t know how she’s doing it. – Yeah, we get it. She’s freaking amazing. | -我不知道她是怎么做到的 -我们懂 她屌爆了 |
[35:41] | We need to change the narrative, | 我们得改变故事的走向 |
[35:42] | and announce a new VP right now. | 并立即宣布新副主席人选 |
[35:43] | Well, I don’t recognize any of these names. | 这些名字我一个也不认识 |
[35:45] | I’m just saying, I think Pierre’s the best option. | 只是说说 我觉得皮埃尔是最好的选择 |
[35:47] | He seems interested, | 他好像有兴趣 |
[35:48] | he’d be the first Haitian candidate in school history, | 他会成为学校历史上第一个海地候选人 |
[35:51] | I think he could really move the needle. | 我觉得他可以扭转局势 |
[35:52] | Okay, well, he testified to the police | 好吧 他向警察作证 |
[35:54] | that he thought we murdered Astrid, | 说他觉得我们杀了阿斯特丽德 |
[35:55] | James, he might not be our strongest advocate. | 詹姆斯 他也许不是我们最忠实的拥护者 |
[35:57] | I’d seriously rather pick a lunch lady. | 我宁愿选食堂大妈 |
[36:00] | These are a no, try again! | 这些都不行 再想想 |
[36:03] | 了解选民的顾虑 了解普通学生的问题 有同情心 可信度 了解自己的定位 与学生会的关系 | |
[36:05] | So, the numbers are in. | 数据出炉了 |
[36:06] | And frankly, they’re a little bit shocking. | 老实说 有些出乎意料 |
[36:08] | They kind of made me question my own methodology. | 让我有点怀疑自己的做事方法 |
[36:11] | But this poll was conducted no differently than prior polls. | 但这次民调跟之前民调的方法一致 |
[36:14] | It’s the same live caller likely voter survey | 都是电话调查可能的选民 |
[36:17] | that I’ve relied on this entire campaign. | 整个竞选期间我都靠这个分析数据 |
[36:18] | And I can honestly stand here | 我可以问心无愧在这里 |
[36:20] | and tell you that I stand by this model. | 向你们保证我觉得模型没问题 |
[36:22] | Kris… | 克莉斯 |
[36:22] | I know, it just, uh, it bears repeating. | 我知道 这值得再三强调 |
[36:25] | Normally, at this phase of a campaign, | 通常到了竞选的这个阶段 |
[36:27] | a high-profile media event like today’s, | 诸如今天这样高调的媒体亮相 |
[36:30] | I thought we’d see a much larger swing in the polls than we do. | 我以为民调数据会出现巨大的震荡 |
[36:32] | Good or bad, Kris? | 好还是坏 克莉斯 |
[36:35] | Mostly bad. | 多数是坏消息 |
[36:35] | I thought that your press conference was masterful, Astrid. | 我觉得你的新闻发布会非常成功 阿斯特丽德 |
[36:38] | Like, honestly, I would vote for you. | 说真的 我会投票给你 |
[36:40] | I mean, obviously, I will vote for you. | 显然我会投票给你 |
[36:42] | But you dipped and Payton rose. | 但你下降了 佩顿上升了 |
[36:44] | We had a three-point lead after | 在布施公园录像带后 |
[36:46] | the Busch Gardens tape and now he’s up four. | 我们本领先三个百分点 现在落后了四个 |
[36:46] | 布施花园录像带 上升3个百分点 今天 下降4个百分点 | |
[36:48] | That’s a seven-point swing in a week. | 这就相当于一周内震荡七个百分点 |
[36:51] | Which we could maybe claw back from if we had more time, | 如果我们还有时间 也许可以挽回 |
[36:54] | but the election’s tomorrow. | 但明天就是选举日 |
[36:55] | Also, your approval rating is now underwater. | 还有 你的支持率一塌糊涂 |
[36:58] | Fifty-one percent say they have a negative image of you, | 51%的人认为你是负面形象 |
[37:00] | thirty-eight percent say that image is positive. | 38%认为你是正面形象 |
[37:02] | Is there any good news? | 有好消息吗 |
[37:03] | Again, I don’t like that term, but, yes. | 再次申明 我不喜欢这个说法 但有 |
[37:06] | Uh, the good news is that Payton’s approve/disapprove | 好消息就是佩顿的支持/不支持率 |
[37:08] | is right there in the same ballpark. | 和你大致相同 |
[37:10] | Forty-eight percent disapprove, forty-one percent approve. | 48%不支持 41%支持 |
[37:12] | – That still sounds bad for us. – Yes. Sort of. | -这还是对我们不利 -算是吧 |
[37:15] | Another way of looking at it is that Payton is vulnerable. | 另一个看问题的方法是 佩顿很脆弱 |
[37:18] | That “Buttmunch” tape was an enormous drag. | 那个”舔屁男”的录像是个大黑料 |
[37:20] | If I were you, I’d keep hammering him on it. | 如果我是你 就继续抓住这点抨击他 |
[37:22] | But he dropped his running mate. | 但他裁了竞选搭档 |
[37:23] | Infinity isn’t even on the ticket. | 英菲尼蒂都不再竞选了 |
[37:25] | But he is. And she was his pick. | 但他依然在 而且他选了她 |
[37:27] | Make it about his judgment. | 说他判断能力有问题 |
[37:28] | Drive up his unfavorables. | 提升他的不利因素 |
[37:30] | Make it a dirty, low turnout election. | 使之成为一场手段肮脏 投票人数少的选举 |
[37:32] | Do that and you might have a shot. | 这么做也许你还有胜算 |
[37:34] | Might have a shot. | 也许有胜算 |
[37:36] | Not exactly where I expected us to be | 这可不是选举前一天 |
[37:37] | one day away from election. | 我想听到的消息 |
[37:39] | Don’t start with me, okay? | 别跟我吵 |
[37:40] | We could have won this thing | 我们本来可以赢 |
[37:41] | if you hadn’t disappeared, Astrid. | 如果你没有消失的话 阿斯特丽德 |
[37:43] | We had a solid three-point lead. | 我们本来领先三个百分点 |
[37:45] | That tape was a gift from the heavens | 那卷录像带就是天赐良机 |
[37:47] | and you squandered it. | 而你却浪费了 |
[37:49] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[37:50] | You are a pampered, stuck-up little phony. | 你是个娇生惯养 自命不凡的伪君子 |
[37:54] | What did you expect was gonna happen, | 你以为会发生什么 |
[37:55] | that you’d waltz back into town | 你大摇大摆地回到镇上 |
[37:56] | and they’d hand you the key to the city? | 他们就会把管理城市的钥匙给你 |
[37:58] | That is not what I expected. | 我可没这么想 |
[38:11] | – Modern art. – Dispassionate draftsmen. | -现代艺术 -冷静的绘图员 |
[38:14] | Foreign policy. | 外国政策 |
[38:15] | Brave new weapons. | 勇敢的新式武器 |
[38:18] | – Today’s youth. – Joyless, guideless. | -当代青年 -无趣 茫然 |
[38:20] | – Today’s religion. – Hello? | -当代信仰 -你好 |
[38:21] | – Preachment by popularity polls. – Speaking. | -民调说教 -说话 |
[38:23] | – Standard of living. – A TV in every room. | -生活标准 -家家有电视 |
[38:27] | – Education. – A TV in every room. | -教育 -家家有电视 |
[38:29] | I want to join the ticket. | 我想加入 |
[38:35] | Okay, let me clarify. | 好吧 我说清楚点 |
[38:37] | I want to quit Astrid’s campaign and join yours. | 我想辞去阿斯特丽德失的竞选副主席 加入你们 |
[38:44] | We hear you. | 我们听见了 |
[38:45] | This is just a lot for Payton to process right now, | 现在对佩顿来说需要好好考虑这个提议 |
[38:48] | but we’re interested and it’s a matter of how we go about it… | 但我们很感兴趣 问题是现阶段我们会 |
[38:50] | – James. – …at this point. | -詹姆斯 -如何处理 |
[38:53] | Why? | 为什么 |
[38:54] | Because without me, you lose, but with me, I think you win. | 因为没有我 你会输 但有了我 你能赢 |
[38:58] | She’s got a point. | 她说的有道理 |
[38:59] | That’s not a reason. | 这不是理由 |
[39:01] | – Did Astrid put you up to this? – Astrid doesn’t know. | -是阿斯特丽德让你来的吗 -她不知道 |
[39:04] | – Prove it. – I can’t. | -证明 -我证明不了 |
[39:05] | You’re gonna have to trust me on this. | 你只能相信我了 |
[39:07] | I don’t appreciate or respect | 我不欣赏或尊重 |
[39:08] | the way that you’ve chosen to run your campaign. | 你们选择的竞选模式 |
[39:10] | I agree. I don’t like our campaign much either. | 我同意 我也不喜欢我们的竞选 |
[39:13] | I need a day to think about it. | 我需要一天考虑 |
[39:14] | The election is tomorrow. | 明天就是选举日 |
[39:16] | You need a running mate before then. | 你得在那之前找到搭档 |
[39:17] | I’m the obvious choice. | 我是最合适的人选 |
[39:18] | Doesn’t mean you’re the right choice. | 不意味着你是正确的人选 |
[39:22] | I appreciate your time. | 谢谢你抽出时间 |
[39:25] | Trust me, we’ll be in touch. | 我们再保持联系 |
[39:54] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[39:57] | I thought he’d say yes, but he says he has to think about it. | 我以为他会同意 但他说要考虑下 |
[39:59] | I’ll get him to say yes, trust me. | 我会让他同意的 相信我 |
[40:01] | It’s what’s best for him, it’s what he wants. | 这对他来说最好 是他想要的 |
[40:02] | He doesn’t know it yet. | 他只是还不知道 |
[40:21] | What? | 怎么了 |
[40:22] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[40:25] | I want this more than anything. | 这是我最想要的 |