时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | I was in a cab the other day. | 有一天我在一辆出租车上 |
[00:15] | Um, one of those yellow cars | 就是通常 |
[00:17] | you use to get places when you can’t find an Uber. | 在你叫不到优步时打的黄色小车 |
[00:20] | And, uh, I asked my driver, | 我这样问我的司机 |
[00:23] | I said, “When do I become a real New Yorker?” | 我说”我什么时候才算得上是一个真正的纽约客” |
[00:26] | You know, I’ve been here for three years. | 我已经来这儿三年了 |
[00:28] | I have eaten pretzels on the street. | 我吃过街边的椒盐脆饼 |
[00:31] | I have seen the Christmas lights at Saks Fifth Avenue. | 看过萨克斯第五大道的圣诞彩灯 |
[00:34] | I have stumbled home at 4:00 A.M. | 在所有的酒吧都打烊以后 |
[00:37] | after all of the bars have closed. | 凌晨4点跌跌撞撞地回到家 |
[00:40] | Many times. | 屡试不爽 |
[00:43] | “But, you know, I’m only a student at NYU,” I said. | 我说”虽然我只是一名纽约大学的学生” |
[00:45] | “But I like it here. | “但是我很喜欢这儿 |
[00:47] | I really like it here, and so, | 我真的很喜欢这里 |
[00:49] | I want to know | 所以我想要知道 |
[00:49] | when do I get to say that I am really from New York?” | 我什么时候才能拍着胸脯说我是一个纽约人” |
[00:52] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[00:53] | And so, my driver looked at me through the rearview mirror. | 于是 我的司机从后视镜里看着我 |
[00:59] | He said, “It’s just like everything else in life. | 他说”这其实和生命中的其他事物一样 |
[01:03] | It’s real when you say it, | 你说出来就成真了 |
[01:05] | and you believe it’s true.” | 而且你自己得相信它是真的” |
[01:10] | Anyways, until then, here’s one of my favorite songs. | 不管怎样 就说到这 这是我最喜欢的歌曲之一 |
[01:14] | Uh, I would like to dedicate it | 我想把它献给 |
[01:16] | to two of my friends who are in from out of town. | 从城外特意过来的两位朋友 |
[01:38] | ♪Slow down, you crazy child♪ | ♪慢慢来 你这个疯狂的小孩♪ |
[01:38] | BGM: Vienna | 原唱: Billy Joel |
[01:41] | ♪You’re so ambitious for a juvenile♪ | ♪你是如此雄心勃勃的一个少年♪ |
[01:44] | ♪But then if you’re so smart♪ | ♪但你如果真的那么聪明♪ |
[01:46] | ♪Then tell me Why are you still so afraid♪ | ♪告诉我为什么你依然害怕♪ |
[01:53] | ♪Where’s the fire, What’s the hurry about♪? | ♪哪里着火了 着什么急呢♪ |
[01:56] | ♪You better cool it off before you burn it out♪ | ♪你燃尽之前最好先学会如何灭火♪ |
[01:59] | ♪You got so much to do and only so many hours in a day♪ | ♪你事务缠身 却时间有限♪ |
[02:08] | ♪But you know that when the truth is told♪ | ♪但你知道有朝一日真理揭示♪ |
[02:11] | ♪That you can get what you want or you can just get old♪ | ♪你终会如愿以偿 或者徒增华发♪ |
[02:15] | ♪You’re gonna kick off before you even get halfway through♪ | ♪你要早日启程 别等到年岁过半♪ |
[02:22] | ♪When will you realize♪ | ♪到时你会发现♪ |
[02:25] | ♪Vienna waits for you♪ | ♪维也纳在等你♪ |
[02:31] | ♪Slow down, you’re doin’ fine♪ | ♪慢慢来 你已经做得很好♪ |
[02:34] | ♪You can’t be everything you want to be before your time♪ | ♪在你的时代带来之前 你不总能心想事成♪ |
[02:38] | ♪Although it’s so romantic on the borderline tonight♪ | ♪尽管信步浪漫 长夜无边♪ |
[02:43] | ♪Tonight♪ | ♪就在今夜♪ |
[02:46] | ♪Well, too bad but it’s the life you lead♪ | ♪虽然不尽如人意 但这是你的人生♪ |
[02:49] | ♪You’re so ahead of yourself that you forgot what you need♪ | ♪你志向高远 可你忘了你真正所需♪ |
[02:53] | ♪Though you can see when you’re wrong♪ | ♪在困境中你可以及时看到自身问题所在♪ |
[02:55] | ♪You know you can’t always see when you’re right♪ | ♪在顺境中你并不如现在理智♪ |
[02:59] | ♪You’re right♪ | ♪你是对的♪ |
[03:01] | ♪You got your passion you got your pride♪ | ♪你有你的热情和骄傲♪ |
[03:05] | ♪But don’t you know that only fools are satisfied♪ | ♪难道你不知道只有傻瓜才会安于现状♪ |
[03:09] | ♪Dream on, but don’t imagine it’ll all come true♪ | ♪请继续追逐梦想 但别指望它们终会实现♪ |
[03:15] | ♪When will you realize♪ | ♪到时你会发现♪ |
[03:19] | ♪Vienna waits for you♪? | ♪维也纳在等你♪ |
[03:40] | ♪Slow down, you crazy child♪ | ♪慢慢来 你这个疯狂的小孩♪ |
[03:42] | ♪Take the phone off the hook and disappear for a while♪ | ♪搁置电话 再消失一段时间♪ |
[03:47] | ♪It’s all right you can afford to lose a day or two♪ | ♪给自己放一两天假也不要紧♪ |
[03:53] | ♪When will you realize♪ | ♪到时你会发现♪ |
[03:57] | ♪Vienna waits for you♪ | ♪维也纳在等你♪ |
[04:02] | ♪And you know that When the truth is told♪ | ♪但你知道有朝一日真理揭示♪ |
[04:05] | ♪That you can get what you want or you can just get old♪ | ♪你终会如愿以偿 或者徒增华发♪ |
[04:09] | ♪You’re gonna kick off before you even get halfway through♪ | ♪你要早日启程 别等到年岁过半♪ |
[04:16] | ♪Why don’t you realize♪ | ♪何时你才能发现♪ |
[04:19] | ♪Vienna waits for you♪ | ♪维也纳在等你♪ |
[04:24] | ♪When will you realize♪ | ♪到时你会发现♪ |
[04:27] | ♪Vienna waits for you♪ | ♪维也纳在等你♪ |
[04:46] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[04:49] | Go, Payton! | 加油 佩顿 |
[04:55] | Okay, but, uh, here’s the thing, Cold Spring Harbor, first album, | 好吧 但事实是比利·乔尔的首张专辑《冷泉港》 |
[04:58] | Billy Joel’s already a genius. But if we’re talking about | 已经展现出他的天才 但如果我们讨论的是 |
[04:59] | when did he become the greatest songwriter of the 20th century, | 他何时成为20世纪最伟大的创作人 |
[05:02] | probably The Stranger, right? | 那应该算是《陌生人》吧 |
[05:05] | Okay, can I just say | 好吧 我想告诉你 |
[05:07] | I’m very glad that you did not have to go to jail? | 我很高兴你没去坐牢 |
[05:10] | My lawyer was a genius. | 我的律师是个奇才 |
[05:11] | Six months home detention | 6个月的家中拘禁 |
[05:13] | and they made me take anger management courses | 他们还强迫我参加愤怒管理课程 |
[05:14] | as part of my plea deal. | 作为认罪协议的一部分 |
[05:16] | I was on a Mormon mission in Honduras digging wells last month. | 我上个月参加了摩门教在洪都拉斯的挖井任务 |
[05:18] | Now I’m back and I’m at Vassar. | 现在回来以后在瓦萨学院上学 |
[05:21] | It’s cool, but, man, some of those girls are just so militant. | 学校挺好的 但是有些女孩真的太好斗了 |
[05:28] | Wait, hold on. How did you guys | 等一下 你们这俩个家伙 |
[05:29] | become friends again too, you guys? | 是怎么和好如初的 你们俩 |
[05:31] | We met at the photo shoot for Vanity Fair. | 我们在《名利场》拍摄现场偶遇 |
[05:33] | – Remember? – Oh, yes.Yes. | -记得吗 -是的 没错 |
[05:35] | A very nice article. | 一篇不错的文章 |
[05:37] | Not particularly generous about me, | 对我的评价有点苛刻 |
[05:40] | but you two came off pretty well. | 但对你俩的评价还挺好的 |
[05:43] | For the record, I was totally misquoted. | 顺便说一句 我说的和文章写的完全不一样 |
[05:48] | Me too! Oh, yeah. | 我也是 没错 |
[05:50] | Well, I got a pretty hefty advance for my book deal, | 我刚从出版社那拿到一笔可观的预付稿费 |
[05:52] | so I’ve been living off that mostly. | 最近我最近都在靠这笔钱生活 |
[05:53] | 《英菲尼蒂回忆录》 英菲尼蒂·杰克逊 | |
[05:56] | What’s really funny is how little I have to spend my own money. | 有趣的是 我几乎不怎么花自己的钱 |
[05:59] | I mean, people are giving me, like, more free stuff than ever. | 我是说 人们给我的免费东西比以前还多 |
[06:03] | What happened to the one you were dating, the psycho guy? | 你以前约会的那个神经男怎么样了 |
[06:06] | You remember, the psycho guy who poisoned me with the possums. | 你记得吗 那个用负鼠给我下毒的神经男 |
[06:08] | – Do you remember? – Ricardo, he’s… | -你还记得吗 -里卡多 他现在… |
[06:10] | in prison. | 在坐牢 |
[06:13] | He joined the prison theater troupe. | 他加入了监狱剧院歌舞团 |
[06:14] | They’re doing Guys and Dolls. | 他们准备表演《红男绿女》 |
[06:16] | – Oh, my God. I love that show. – I love Guys and Dolls. | -天哪 我爱死这部剧了 -我也喜欢《红男绿女》 |
[06:19] | He got cast as Sky Masterson. | 他获得斯凯·马斯特森这个角色 |
[06:21] | Yeah. Told him I’d come to the performance, but… | 我告诉他我会去看表演 但是… |
[06:24] | …that was a lie. I’m not really gonna go. | 我骗了他 其实我不打算去 |
[06:29] | What about you, Payton? Do they have student government at NYU? | 你怎么样 佩顿 你们在纽大有没有学生会 |
[06:38] | Let’s get him home. | 我们带他回家吧 |
[06:39] | No one knows what you’re talking about. | 没人听得懂你的话 |
[06:41] | Sorry I threw up. Sometimes it helps, know what I mean? | 抱歉我吐了一地 有时这样也挺好 明白吗 |
[06:44] | – You got him? – Sometimes it’s just… | -你扶好他了吗 -有时就是这样… |
[06:47] | – Great jeepers. – I am so sorry, James. | -大吉普车 -对不起 詹姆斯 |
[06:50] | It’s okay, we’re used to it. He stumbles home drunk every night. | 没事 我们都习惯了 他每晚都喝醉踉跄地回家 |
[06:53] | The left leg, lift the right. | 先左脚 抬一下右脚 |
[06:55] | – All right, come on. – Sorry. | -好的 来吧 -对不起 |
[06:57] | – Sit up for me. – Okay. | -坐起来 -好的 |
[06:59] | – But you know what I mean, Like if… – Who’s that? | -但你懂我的意思 好比… -那是谁 |
[07:01] | – Lay down. – Khai Zhi. | -躺下吧 -那是凯志 |
[07:02] | Don’t worry, he can sleep through anything. | 别担心 打雷也吵不醒他 |
[07:05] | Good. | 太好了 |
[07:07] | Take my hat off. | 把帽子脱了 |
[07:08] | Thank you, it was itching me. | 谢谢 它弄得我好痒 |
[07:09] | – There you go. – Thank you. | -好了 -谢谢 |
[07:20] | Jesus, Payton, what happened to you? | 天啊 佩顿 你这是怎么了 |
[07:25] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[09:02] | No. No. This isn’t the right color. | 不 不 这颜色不对 |
[09:05] | Yes, it is. What are you talking about? Look on the bottom. | 是的 您说什么呢 看看底下 |
[09:08] | MAC Lustre Politely Pink. | 魅可水漾润泽裸色珠光 |
[09:11] | Well, I can’t read this. | 我没法看 |
[09:12] | It’s too tiny. Look at my lips. | 字太小了 看我的嘴唇 |
[09:14] | What’s wrong with them? They look fabulous. | 嘴唇怎么了 看着很好啊 |
[09:16] | Liar! You can’t even see them! | 胡说 你都看不见 |
[09:18] | God, it’s just like they’re… | 我的天 感觉就像… |
[09:19] | like they’re sucked up into my face. | 嘴唇都瘪进去了 |
[09:21] | They’re… They’re the lips of a corpse. | 简直是死人的嘴唇 |
[09:24] | Ah-ha! You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[09:26] | This is MAC Lustre Pretty Please. | 这管是魅可水漾润泽靓丽 |
[09:28] | And, yes, it does wash you out, | 确实让你显得苍白 |
[09:30] | so it goes right in the garbage. | 所以直接把它扔掉吧 |
[09:31] | And let me root around here for… Aah! | 让我再找找看… |
[09:34] | Here’s your Politely Pink. | 这才是你的裸色珠光 |
[09:37] | – Thank you. – Oh, my God. | -谢谢 -我的天啊 |
[09:38] | Who knew you’d be so head up | 谁知道你会对 |
[09:40] | over meeting a senator-elect from Texas? | 和得州当选参议员的会面这么上心 |
[09:42] | Yes, he’s cute, but you are a married woman, | 他是挺可爱的 可你结婚了啊 |
[09:45] | – Leader Standish. – Shut up. | -斯丹迪施领袖 -闭嘴 |
[09:47] | What’s the, uh, word on S5349? | S5349号议案有什么消息吗 |
[09:49] | We have Hanron and Connelly, yes, | 我们拿到韩容和康纳利的票了 |
[09:51] | the governor wants it on his desk to sign by Friday. | 州长想要议案在周五前签好字 |
[09:55] | Jesus Lord, I am… I am shaking. | 我的天 我在… 发抖 |
[09:57] | It’s like On Golden Pond here. | 感觉好像《金色池塘》一样 |
[09:59] | Give it to me. | 给我吧 |
[10:00] | Look, forget about State Bill 5349. | 把5349号州议案忘掉 |
[10:04] | Forget about the governor, he’s a dick. | 把州长忘掉 他是个混蛋 |
[10:07] | Let’s take a breath… | 深呼吸 |
[10:08] | – …and get in the game. – We don’t even know what the game is. | -投入战斗吧 -我们都不知道这是什么战斗 |
[10:11] | What is he even doing here? | 他来干什么 |
[10:12] | Why does the junior senator from Texas | 为什么一个得克萨斯州初出茅庐的参议员 |
[10:15] | want to meet the majority leader of the New York State Senate? | 要来见纽约州参议院多数党领袖呢 |
[10:20] | Blot. | 抿嘴 |
[10:22] | I dunno. | 我不知道 |
[10:23] | But I sure as hell am curious. | 但我绝对很好奇 |
[10:25] | Meanwhile, look at those lips. | 看着这嘴唇 |
[10:26] | Eat your heart out, Brigitte Bardot. | 羡慕嫉妒恨去吧 碧姬·芭铎 |
[10:29] | Now, granted, we don’t know what this meeting is, | 虽说我们不清楚这次会面是做什么 |
[10:31] | but I get the feeling that | 但我有种感觉 |
[10:33] | your somewhat stark difference of opinion | 你们对于罗伊诉韦德案 |
[10:34] | about Roe v. Wade might end up being a rather large elephant | 截然相反的看法会不可避免地 |
[10:38] | sitting in the corner of the room and farting. | 变成不得不面对的事实 |
[10:40] | If he brings up Roe, | 如果他提罗伊的案子 |
[10:41] | I will tell him that | 我就会告诉他 |
[10:42] | the position he took on the campaign was a disgrace. | 他在竞选时的立场非常可耻 |
[10:44] | He embraced every right-wing talking point of the last 35 years, | 他采纳了过去35年来所有右翼的观点 |
[10:47] | basically agreeing that Roe v. Wade was a poorly decided case, | 基本上就是说罗伊诉韦德案的裁决不力 |
[10:50] | which was an argument that the Republicans only landed on | 而这种观点是十年后共和党人 |
[10:53] | ten years after the fact when they realized | 终于意识到议会 |
[10:55] | that a constitutional amendment was never going to happen, | 绝不会通过相关宪法修正案才产生 |
[10:57] | because roughly 70% of Americans… | 因为差不多有70%的美国人… |
[10:59] | – …support reproductive rights. – Yes, or… | -支持妇女的生育选择权 -没错 或者 |
[11:02] | we could hope that it doesn’t come up, | 我们还是希望这个话题不要被提到吧 |
[11:04] | or maybe make the choice not to bring it up. | 或者选择不要提及这个话题 |
[11:11] | State Senator Standish, thank you so much for coming. | 斯丹迪施州参议员 非常感谢您过来 |
[11:14] | Thank you. How nice to see you. | 谢谢 幸会 |
[11:15] | The senator-elect is right this way. | 当选参议员就在这边 |
[11:17] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[11:20] | Oh, I’m sorry. If you don’t mind just waiting outside? | 抱歉 请您在外面等着好吗 |
[11:23] | I need to be in on this meeting. | 我需要参加这个会议 |
[11:24] | Actually the senator-elect just | 实际上当选参议员只想 |
[11:25] | wants to speak with State Senator Standish. | 和斯丹迪施州参议员单独会面 |
[11:27] | Well, actually, it’s “Leader Standish” | 实际上应该是”斯丹迪施领袖” |
[11:28] | Because she’s majority leader, | 因为她是多数党领袖 |
[11:30] | but otherwise it would be “Senator Standish,” | 如果不这么说 那就应该说”斯丹迪施参议员” |
[11:31] | not “State Senator Standish.” | 不是”斯丹迪施州参议员” |
[11:33] | Which is splitting hairs and rude, don’t you think? | 这么说太吹毛求疵和无礼了 不是吗 |
[11:35] | My apologies. The senator-elect | 对不起 当选参议员 |
[11:37] | wants to speak with Leader Standish alone, | 想和斯丹迪施领袖单独会面 |
[11:39] | – so if you don’t mind… – Oh, excuse me. | -如果您不介意的话… -对不起 |
[11:41] | You know that old saying, | 你知道有句老话 |
[11:41] | “Behind every great woman is another great woman”? | “每个伟大的女人背后都有另一个伟大的女人” |
[11:44] | I’m who that saying is referring to. | 我就是这句话里说的另外那个女人 |
[11:46] | No, I’ve never heard that. | 我从来没听说过这句话 |
[11:47] | – Okay. – I don’t think that’s what that saying… | -好吧 -我觉得好像不是这么说的… |
[11:49] | Shut your silly face and let’s take a step back for a second. | 闭上你的臭嘴 我们先都退后一步 |
[11:52] | Your boss is a US senator from Texas, not Christ himself, | 你的老大是得克萨斯州的参议员 不是上帝 |
[11:56] | and certainly not the boy in the bubble | 也绝不是无菌室里的男孩 |
[11:57] | whose immune system will collapse | 只要感冒患者进了房间 |
[11:59] | if someone walks into the room who has a cold, am I right? | 他的免疫系统就完全崩溃 对不对 |
[12:01] | Ma’am, you’re just gonna have to wait. | 女士 您只能等一等 |
[12:02] | No. Let’s take yet another step back. | 不 我们再往后一步 |
[12:04] | Do you know who I am? No. | 你知道我是谁吗 不知道吗 |
[12:07] | Okay. My name is Hadassah Gold, | 好的 我是哈达莎·戈尔德 |
[12:09] | and I have been Dede Standish’s chief of staff | 我从盘古开天辟地以来就是 |
[12:11] | since the Earth’s crust was cooling. Okay? | 迪迪·斯丹迪施的幕僚长 知道吗 |
[12:13] | I’ve been in meetings since before you could focus your eyes | 在你的眼睛还找不到你的小鸡鸡时 |
[12:16] | long enough to find your penis. | 我就出入各种会议了 |
[12:17] | Now we can either stand here | 要么我们就站在这 |
[12:18] | and keep having this inane conversation, | 继续这个荒唐的谈话 |
[12:20] | after which, I promise you, I will make a silent pledge | 过后呢 我可以向你保证 我会悄悄地 |
[12:23] | to the prophet Elijah to do | 向先知以利亚许个愿 |
[12:25] | everything in my power to make certain | 我一定要尽我所能确保 |
[12:26] | that your professional life is as brief as possible, | 你的职业生涯非常短暂 |
[12:29] | or you can open the door like a gentleman. | 或者呢 你可以像个绅士那样把门打开 |
[12:31] | And when the good senator from Texas fires you for being rude | 当你那位好心的得州参议员因你的无礼解雇你时 |
[12:34] | to sassy, brassy, wise old broads like yours truly, | 就是对充满活力老于世故聪明绝顶的我无礼时 |
[12:36] | and don’t think I won’t play that card, | 别以为我不会那么做 |
[12:39] | I promise you can come and work for me. | 我保证你可以来为我工作 |
[12:43] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[12:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:48] | Guess that’s the way my mama raised me, you know? | 我想这是我妈妈教育我的方式 |
[12:50] | And forgive me for asking all these questions, | 原谅我问了这些问题 |
[12:52] | but I’m a straight shooter. I don’t wanna be wasting your time. | 我很直接 不愿意浪费您的时间 |
[12:54] | It’s no problem at all. | 完全没问题 |
[12:56] | Well, then, can I ask you: | 那好 我请问 |
[12:58] | what is your opinion on a woman’s right to choose? | 您对于妇女的选择权是怎么看的 |
[13:02] | Oh, well, Senator, I think you know what my opinion is. | 参议员 我想你知道我的看法 |
[13:08] | I guess what I mean is what is your opinion of my opinion | 我是说对于我对妇女选择权的看法 |
[13:11] | on a woman’s right to choose? | 您是怎么看的 |
[13:13] | I didn’t hear every comment you made on the campaign trail, | 我并不完全了解您在竞选时所发表的看法 |
[13:16] | but what I did hear, I disagreed with almost entirely. | 但就我所了解来说 我几乎完全不同意 |
[13:19] | You see, I believe the right to privacy | 我相信《第十四修正案》中 |
[13:22] | is implicit in the 14th Amendment. | 囊括了隐私权 |
[13:28] | I happen to agree with you. | 我也这么认为 |
[13:32] | I… What… I beg your pardon? | 我… 什么… 你说什么 |
[13:35] | I’m the first Democrat | 我是这25年来 |
[13:36] | to be elected senator in the state of Texas | 第一个被选为得克萨斯州议员的 |
[13:38] | in 25 years. | 民主党人 |
[13:40] | To do that, | 为此 |
[13:41] | I had to tack right on some issues | 我必须在某些问题上 |
[13:42] | and say some things that weren’t exactly what I believed. | 采取正确的方针并说一些违心的话 |
[13:46] | If folks knew the truth, | 要是人们得知了真相 |
[13:47] | it makes it real hard to get reelected in Texas. | 在得州连任就会变得尤为困难 |
[13:52] | But… I won’t be running for reelection. | 不过… 我不会再参加连任竞选了 |
[13:56] | That’s not the office I’m aiming for. | 那不是我的目标所在 |
[13:59] | Cream, no sugar, right? | 加奶不加糖 对吧 |
[14:03] | Right. | 对 |
[14:04] | In eight months, | 八个月内 |
[14:05] | I’ll be launching an exploratory committee for a presidential run. | 我会设立总统竞选研究委员会 |
[14:09] | Except there’s nothing to explore. | 只是没什么好研究的了 |
[14:11] | I’m running. | 我要参加竞选 |
[14:13] | And I’m gonna win. | 总统之位我势在必得 |
[14:15] | But… | 但是 |
[14:18] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[14:20] | Doing what? | 帮什么忙 |
[14:21] | You’re gonna be my running mate. | 做我的竞选搭档 |
[14:25] | Hold on! | 慢着 |
[14:26] | Hadassah Gold by the way, chief of staff… | 我是哈达莎·戈尔德 参谋长… |
[14:27] | I can win Texas. | 我能拿下得克萨斯州 |
[14:29] | I proved that already. | 这我已经证明了 |
[14:29] | All I have to prove is I can win New York and California. | 我只需再拿下纽约和加州便可 |
[14:33] | You can make that happen. | 你能帮我实现 |
[14:35] | I’m sorry, but I’m a state senator. | 抱歉 可我是个州议员 |
[14:38] | From New York City with bona fides in the Rust Belt. | 来自纽约州 在锈带区有影响力的议员 |
[14:41] | You brought that Tesla Gigafactory to Buffalo, | 你将特斯拉超级工厂引进布法罗 |
[14:43] | proving you can bring a manufacturing city into the 21st century | 证明了工业城市在21世纪也能找到一席之地 |
[14:46] | and build a national profile doing it, | 一举轰动了全国 |
[14:48] | and you’re connected to Wall Street. | 而且你在华尔街也有人脉 |
[14:50] | I need to prove to the financial sector I can be trusted. | 我得向金融机构证明自己能被信任 |
[14:53] | Now, you’re a member of the legislature, that’s not great. | 你是立法机构的成员 这可不太妙 |
[14:56] | It means you’re a political insider, | 这意味着你是政坛内部人士 |
[14:58] | but an insider in Albany… | 不过是来自奥尔巴尼 |
[15:01] | not Washington. | 而非华盛顿 |
[15:02] | In fact, you’ve never worked in Washington, | 实际上 你从未在华盛顿工作过 |
[15:04] | and I think we can spin that to work in our favor. | 我觉这点可以成为我们的优势 |
[15:11] | I’m speechless. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[15:12] | I’m just… I’m very flattered. But I… | 我… 我受宠若惊 但我… |
[15:16] | What about, I mean, | 那么 我是说 |
[15:19] | it’s so early. | 现在还为时尚早 |
[15:19] | Campaigns don’t vet their running mates | 竞选团对竞选搭档的审查 |
[15:21] | until right before the convention. | 要在大会前才开始 |
[15:23] | Well, I’m doing things differently. | 我不走寻常路 |
[15:25] | I want the voters to know I’m decisive. | 我要让选民看到我的果断 |
[15:28] | I’ve done my homework. | 我做过研究 |
[15:30] | You know? I’ll be ready to go on day one. | 我从第一天就做好了准备 |
[15:32] | I think it’s a good story too. | 我觉得这也是个好故事 |
[15:33] | We’ll campaign as a team, two for one. | 我们组队竞选 买一赠一 |
[15:36] | The liberal New Yorker with a lifetime of experience | 一个历练老成的纽约自由党人 |
[15:38] | standing behind the good-looking young firebrand with bold new ideas | 与一个足智多谋的得州英俊热血青年 |
[15:42] | from the great state of Texas. | 并肩作战 |
[15:46] | I honestly don’t think we can lose. | 我真觉得我们不可能输 |
[15:52] | When do you need an answer? | 什么时候给你答复 |
[15:54] | Oh, come on. There’s no way you’re saying no. | 得了 你不可能会拒绝的 |
[15:56] | What I need to know is this: | 我想知道的是 |
[15:59] | is there any reason… why I shouldn’t pick you? | 选你我有没有 后顾之忧 |
[16:04] | Everybody’s got skeletons in the closet | 人人都有不可告人的秘密 |
[16:06] | and I need to know what yours are. | 我需要知道你的秘密 |
[16:09] | If I may… | 我能说句话吗 |
[16:11] | Nice to meet you, by the way. | 很高兴见到你 |
[16:13] | Can I just say… | 我想说 |
[16:15] | Senator Standish is about to run for her | 斯丹迪施议员即将在纽约参议院 |
[16:16] | 13th consecutive term in the New York State Senate. | 参加她的第十三届连任竞选 |
[16:20] | Her last three campaigns, she ran unopposed. | 她的前三次竞选都是全票通过 |
[16:23] | The Republican Party has stopped fielding a candidate | 共和党已经不再推举候选人 |
[16:25] | to run against her, | 与她竞争了 |
[16:26] | because no opponent has managed to find an ounce of dirt on this woman | 因为没有对手能从她或是她的家人身上 |
[16:30] | or her family. | 挖到黑料 |
[16:31] | Senator, I give you my word… | 参议员 我向你保证 |
[16:34] | Dede Standish, squeaky clean. | 迪迪·斯丹迪施 背景一清二白 |
[16:42] | Well, Senator. | 参议员 |
[16:44] | What do you say? | 你觉得呢 |
[16:47] | You wanna make history? | 想创造历史吗 |
[16:58] | You’ve got yourself a deal. | 就这么说定了 |
[17:47] | What do they call the vice president’s spouse? | 副总统的配偶叫什么 |
[17:49] | Second Lady? | 第二夫人吗 |
[17:51] | I think so. | 是吧 |
[17:53] | Well, then what will that make me? | 那我该叫什么 |
[17:55] | Second Gentleman? | 第二先生 |
[17:58] | Second Dude? | 第二伙计 |
[18:00] | It’s not a done deal yet. | 这事还没板上钉钉呢 |
[18:04] | He still has to get the nomination. | 他还得获得提名 |
[18:07] | A lot can happen between now and then. | 这期间什么事都可能会发生 |
[18:10] | That’s true. | 确实 |
[18:14] | But he will. | 不过他会获得提名 |
[18:18] | I thought I lost the ability to get excited about politics. | 我还以为我已经对政治失去热情了 |
[18:22] | Governing still turns me on, | 统御依然让我热血沸腾 |
[18:24] | but it’s just been so easy for so long | 但这么久以来议员之位 |
[18:27] | in terms of campaigning, but… | 一直都手到擒来 可是… |
[18:32] | running… for… | 竞选 |
[18:36] | vice president! | 副总统 |
[18:40] | A heartbeat away from the most powerful job in the world. | 距世上最位高权重的职位仅咫尺之遥 |
[18:46] | The first woman VP. | 首个女副总统 |
[18:50] | Now that’s a campaign I can get excited about. | 那才是让我热血沸腾的竞选 |
[18:56] | And it’s not just about having power… | 这不仅事关权力 |
[19:01] | it’s about making history. | 也是在创造历史 |
[19:04] | “Herstory.” | “她的历史” |
[19:10] | You deserve it, honey. | 这是你应得的 宝贝 |
[19:14] | Come, come, come. | 来来来 |
[19:18] | Oh, you are both… | 你们俩都 |
[19:20] | so good to me. | 对我太好了 |
[19:24] | How are you planning on… | 你准备怎么… |
[19:26] | on keeping all this from getting out? | 守住这个秘密 |
[19:28] | You mean… You mean our thrupple? | 你是指 我们的三人行吗 |
[19:31] | I mean, we’ve been doing fine for almost ten years. | 我们都相安无事快十年了 |
[19:34] | Because I went to prep school | 因为我和《华盛顿邮报》的出版商 |
[19:35] | with the publisher of the Post, | 去了预科学校 |
[19:36] | and we have that catch and kill deal with The Enquirer. | 然后我们和《询问报》签了封口协议 |
[19:39] | And Dede may be the most powerful person in New York State, | 迪迪又要成为纽约州最有权势的人了 |
[19:43] | but she’s still just a local politician. | 可她依然还是个本地政客 |
[19:45] | Now there’s gonna be hundreds of millions of dollars | 这其中会有大把的钞票 |
[19:48] | and Super PAC oppo research being thrown at you, sweetheart. | 和超级政治行动委员对你的大量背景调查 宝贝 |
[19:54] | You’re worried we’re going to break it off with you. | 你担心我们会和你断绝关系 |
[19:59] | I am the only one here without a ring on his finger. | 我是唯一没戴结婚戒指的啊 |
[20:01] | No! No. | 不 不 |
[20:05] | I’ll admit when we first started up with this, | 我要承认 当我们刚刚开始时 |
[20:08] | I saw you as the price to pay to keep my husband happy. | 我把你看成是让我丈夫高兴所要付出的代价 |
[20:12] | Right? | 对不对 |
[20:14] | I’m no hypocrite. | 我不是虚伪的人 |
[20:17] | But I couldn’t have him stepping out on me. | 但我不能让他背着我出轨 |
[20:19] | Can you imagine the scandal? | 你能想象这样的丑闻会多麻烦吗 |
[20:21] | So, yes, we brought you into our lives as a third wheel, | 所以的确 当初你进入我们的生活时是备胎 |
[20:23] | but it’s not like that anymore. | 但现在已经不是那样了 |
[20:27] | Neither of us | 我们俩 |
[20:30] | – can imagine being without you. – Mmm. | -都无法想象没有你的生活 -嗯 |
[20:34] | You’re family, William. | 你是家里人 威廉 |
[20:36] | Hear, hear. | 说得好 |
[20:40] | And who’s to say we can’t be two Second Gentlemen? | 谁又能说我们不能都做副总统丈夫呢 |
[20:47] | It’s one step at a time with this Tino business. | 这事还是要一步一步来 |
[20:50] | Tomorrow we start planning, | 明天我们开始策划 |
[20:51] | tonight we celebrate | 今晚我们先庆祝 |
[20:54] | the only way we know how. | 用我们知道的唯一的那种方式 |
[20:57] | With a nice… | 那就是美好的… |
[21:01] | …long… | 漫长的… |
[21:04] | Devil’s… | 魔鬼… |
[21:07] | Triangle. | 三角恋 |
[21:38] | Hi, I’m looking for Sherry Dougal. | 你好 我来找雪莉·道格尔 |
[21:41] | Oh, sorry. I’m McAfee Westbrook, | 抱歉 我是迈克菲·威斯布鲁克 |
[21:43] | we spoke on the phone. | 我们通过电话 |
[21:43] | I’m your new campaign staffer. | 我是您新来的竞选工作人员 |
[21:48] | I’ll show you around. | 我带你转转 |
[21:51] | The senator doesn’t come to the office often. | 参议员不怎么来办公室 |
[21:54] | Not at all really. | 实际上根本不来 |
[21:56] | The senator doesn’t go to her campaign office? | 参议员不来她的竞选办公室吗 |
[21:59] | That’s the chief of staff’s office. Don’t go in there. | 那是幕僚长的办公室 不要进去 |
[22:02] | Whose offices are these? | 这些是谁的办公室 |
[22:04] | Oh, someone’s got a lot of questions. | 问题可真不少呢 |
[22:08] | Don’t go in there either. | 那些办公室也不要进 |
[22:12] | This is your office. That’s your computer. | 这是你的办公室 那个是你的电脑 |
[22:14] | Our entire voter database is on there, so whatever you do, | 我们所有的选民数据都在里面 所以千万 |
[22:18] | do not unplug it, okay? | 千万不要拔插头 |
[22:21] | The password is “Intern.” | 密码是”实习生” |
[22:24] | You know how to work Windows 99, right? | 你会操作视窗99系统吧 |
[22:27] | No. | 不会 |
[22:28] | You’ll figure it out. | 你自己摸索摸索就行了 |
[22:29] | It’s just like Windows 95. | 其实和视窗95系统一样 |
[22:35] | 迪迪·斯丹迪施 让纽约州政通令达 | |
[22:35] | These need to go out to all 300,000 | 这些要送到27区所有的 |
[22:37] | members of the 27th District, okay? | 三十万选民手中 明白了吗 |
[22:40] | So you just take one of these | 你只需要拿一张这个 |
[22:42] | and you put it on one of these. | 然后把它贴到这上面去 |
[22:44] | Voilà. See? Easy. And I even did the first one for you. | 好了 多容易 而且第一个我替你弄好了 |
[22:48] | Now, the election is November 6th, | 选举是11月6日 |
[22:50] | so we want these in the mail the first week of October, | 我们需要这些邮件在10月的第一周寄到 |
[22:52] | so you’ve got time. | 所以你还有时间 |
[22:53] | You could curl up under the desk and take a nap for all I care, | 你可以在桌子底下蜷起来打个盹 随你便 |
[22:56] | just don’t bother anybody, okay? | 只要你别去烦别的人就行 |
[22:59] | Oh, the bathroom key is at my desk. | 厕所的钥匙在我的桌子上 |
[23:01] | You take it and you swipe it against the sensor | 你拿着它去感应器上划一下 |
[23:04] | and the door unlocks. | 门就开了 |
[23:05] | Wait, that’s it? | 等等 这样就完了 |
[23:08] | Yeah, it’s an electronic thing. | 对 是电子的玩意儿 |
[23:09] | You swipe it, it unlocks the door. | 你一划 门就开了 |
[23:11] | No, I mean this, the mailers. | 不是 我说的是这个 邮寄广告 |
[23:12] | This is the campaign? | 竞选就是这个吗 |
[23:14] | Yeah. | 对 |
[23:15] | But the first week of October, | 可十月的第一周已经是 |
[23:16] | that’s two weeks after the primaries. | 初选的两周以后了 |
[23:18] | Dede Standish hasn’t been primaried in 20 years. | 迪迪·斯丹迪施已经有20年不参加初选了 |
[23:22] | She won’t even have an opponent in the general. | 她在普选时甚至连个竞争对手都没有 |
[23:24] | The only reason she’s even mailing out a flyer | 她邮寄宣传单页的唯一原因是 |
[23:26] | is because there’s an Instaprints | 她所在的区有家速印社 |
[23:28] | in her district that Staples is killing, | 快被史泰博给打垮了 |
[23:30] | and she likes to take care of small businesses. | 她愿意去帮助小型企业 |
[23:33] | I wanna talk to your boss. | 我要去找你的老板 |
[23:35] | – Excuse me? – Hadassah Gold, I wanna talk to her. | -你说什么 -我要去找哈达莎·戈尔德 |
[23:37] | Yeah, well, you can’t. | 你不能去 |
[23:38] | Oh, God. Where are you going? | 我的天 你要去哪 |
[23:41] | Mmm. I dunno. | 我也不知道 |
[23:42] | This is very orange. | 这个橙色可真正 |
[23:44] | Stop! Jesus! | 站住 我的天 |
[23:45] | What? No! | 什么 不行 |
[23:48] | Hadassah, I’m so sorry! | 哈达莎 实在抱歉 |
[23:50] | – Who are you? – I’m McAfee Westbrook. | -你是谁 -我是迈克菲·威斯布鲁克 |
[23:52] | I’m your new campaign staffer. | 我是新来的竞选工作人员 |
[23:54] | Why are you stopping? | 你停下来干什么 |
[23:57] | – Wha… What’s your name? – McAfee Westbrook. | -你叫什么 -迈克菲·威斯布鲁克 |
[23:59] | Oh, your… your first name is a last name? | 你… 你的名字居然是个姓啊 |
[24:02] | I hate that. | 我特讨厌这样 |
[24:05] | I didn’t name myself. | 不是我给自己起的 |
[24:06] | You know what? I just had my first grandson. | 跟你说 我刚刚有了个长孙 |
[24:09] | You know what they named him? | 知道他们给他起的什么名字吗 |
[24:11] | Jagger. | 贾格尔 |
[24:12] | I was holding him in my arms when they told me. | 他们告诉我的时候我正抱着他在我怀里 |
[24:15] | nearly threw him out the window. | 差点把他从窗户扔出去 |
[24:16] | I didn’t, of course. That would be a heinous crime. | 当然了我没扔 那样太十恶不赦 |
[24:18] | What do you think you’re doing barging in here like this? | 你这么冲进来想要干什么 |
[24:20] | Okay, um, well, first a little background: | 首先呢 简单说说我的背景 |
[24:23] | I just graduated from Columbia | 我刚刚从哥伦比亚毕业 |
[24:24] | with a double major in PoliSci and Statistics. | 政治学和统计学的双学位 |
[24:27] | I don’t care. | 我管你呢 |
[24:28] | And I did it in three years, which sucked. | 而且我是三年就学完毕业了 挺遭罪的 |
[24:30] | Like, I slept four hours a night, | 比如 我每晚只睡三个小时 |
[24:31] | I had no friends, and I never went out. | 我没朋友 从来不出去玩 |
[24:32] | I don’t care. Honey, that’s on you. | 谁管你呢 亲爱的 那是你的事 |
[24:35] | Why would you do such a thing? What gave you that idea? | 你为什么要这样 这主意是从哪来的 |
[24:37] | Because I wanted to work for Senator Standish. | 因为我想为斯丹迪施参议员工作 |
[24:39] | She’s a brilliant woman and a fantastic politician. | 她是个聪明的女性 杰出的政治家 |
[24:42] | She turned the whole state government around. | 她改变了整个州政府 |
[24:43] | Unemployment numbers statewide are high, | 全州的失业数字很高 |
[24:45] | but I see that as a marker of success | 但我认为这是一个 |
[24:46] | as it indicates that people who’ve dropped out of the job market | 离开就业市场的人重新回到就业队伍的 |
[24:48] | are returning to the workforce. | 成功标志 |
[24:50] | Stop! Oh, my God, you talk way too fast. | 停 我的天 你说得太快了 |
[24:53] | But this isn’t a 21st century campaign. | 可这里不像是21世纪的竞选啊 |
[24:55] | – Campaign? – This isn’t even a 20th century campaign. | -竞选 -这连20世纪的竞选都算不上 |
[24:57] | – Campaign? – This is a late 18th century campaign. | -竞选 -这就像是18世纪末的竞选 |
[25:00] | Okay! | 行了 |
[25:02] | Allow me to break it down for you a little. | 让我来给你说说清楚 |
[25:04] | First of all, don’t bullshit me. | 首先 别糊弄我 |
[25:05] | Nobody wakes up and says, | 没有谁会早上醒了张嘴就说 |
[25:06] | “Ooh, I want to work for a state senator.” | “我要为一位州参议员工作” |
[25:09] | You want to work on Capitol Hill or the White House, | 你想要去国会山或者白宫工作 |
[25:11] | and you think this job is a stepping stone. | 你觉得这份工作是个跳板 |
[25:13] | No… No… | 不… 不是… |
[25:15] | I’m not done breaking it down for you. | 我还没给你说说清楚完呢 |
[25:16] | Please allow me to further break it down for you. | 请让我再给你说说清楚 |
[25:20] | The reason we don’t have | 我们没有开展 |
[25:21] | a multimillion-dollar reelection campaign | 好几百万美元的连任竞选 |
[25:23] | up and running is because we don’t need one. | 是因为我们根本不需要 |
[25:25] | As per forever and a day, Dede Standish is running unopposed. | 迪迪·斯丹迪施一直都是全票通过连任 |
[25:29] | Why is she running unopposed? | 为什么她战无不胜 |
[25:31] | Because she has a proven record of accomplishments | 因为事实证明她的所作所为 |
[25:34] | that resonate with the voter. | 与选民的想法不谋而合 |
[25:35] | How did we get that record? | 我们又是怎么做到的呢 |
[25:37] | By putting all our efforts | 我们倾尽全力 |
[25:38] | into governing as opposed to campaigning, | 专注于执政 而非大兴竞选 |
[25:41] | thereby obviating the very need for a campaign. You see? | 让竞选不再成为必要 明白了吗 |
[25:44] | It’s one of those Zen Buddhist chicken and egg type situations. | 这就是禅宗里先有鸡还是先有蛋的道理 |
[25:49] | I don’t care about your opinions. | 我不管你怎么想 |
[25:51] | I don’t care about what fancy school you went to | 也不管你上了什么名校 |
[25:54] | or how many boys you didn’t bang while you were there. | 在校期间错过了多少个男生 |
[25:56] | As long as you got a passing grade… | 只要你过了 |
[25:59] | in Affixing a Label to a Flyer 101, | 给传单上贴标签的第一课 |
[26:02] | I will allow you to go back to your office | 我就允许你回到你的办公室 |
[26:05] | and do what you were hired to do and told to do, | 做你被雇及授命该做的事 |
[26:08] | and in return, I will write you | 作为回报 我会给你一封 |
[26:10] | a very nice letter of recommendation | 拿得出手的推荐信 |
[26:12] | for your next internship in Washington, | 让你得到一次在华盛顿实习的机会 |
[26:14] | which will undoubtedly be in a lobbying firm on K Street. | 毫无疑问会是K街[政治中心]的游说公司 |
[26:18] | Now please exit my office, | 现在请你离开我的办公室 |
[26:20] | and never utter a word in my vicinity again. | 并且永远闭上你的嘴 |
[26:23] | Get it? | 明白了 |
[26:25] | Good. | 很好 |
[26:28] | Mari, you’ve gotta do something about these nails. | 玛丽 你得帮我的指甲想想办法 |
[26:30] | I’ve got ridges. | 都有竖线了 |
[26:31] | Ridges, I tell you! | 真的 竖线 |
[26:32] | You’ve got to fill them in or do something. | 你得帮我补起来 |
[27:08] | Why are you up? Are you pulling an all-nighter? | 你还没睡 打算通宵吗 |
[27:13] | I didn’t want to risk you seeing this alone. | 我不能让你一个人看这个 |
[27:30] | This is an invitation to Alice’s wedding. | 是艾丽斯婚礼的请柬 |
[27:35] | To a guy named Thad. | 新郎是个叫萨德的男人 |
[27:37] | Who’s Thad? | 萨德是谁 |
[27:38] | The guy that Alice is marrying, apparently. | 就是艾丽斯要嫁的人 |
[27:42] | I didn’t even know that she was dating anyone. | 我都不知道她和别人在一起了 |
[27:46] | When was the last time you talked to her? | 你上次跟她说话是什么时候 |
[27:48] | Oh, I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[27:49] | A while. | 有段日子了 |
[27:52] | A year maybe, or two. It’s been a while. | 一年 也许是两年 挺久了 |
[27:56] | It hurt more to talk than not to. | 和她说话只会让我更心痛 |
[28:02] | Is this calligraphy done by hand? | 这是手写字迹吗 |
[28:03] | I would assume so. | 应该是的 |
[28:05] | I screwed up everything in my life. | 我把一切都搞砸了 |
[28:09] | My ambition… | 我的野心 |
[28:12] | just poisoned every decision. | 毒害了所有决定 |
[28:15] | Pick Infinity for the VP, | 选英菲尼蒂当副主席 |
[28:18] | ignore Dusty’s lies, | 无视德斯逖的谎言 |
[28:20] | break up with Alice. | 和艾丽斯分手 |
[28:25] | That day with River in his house… | 那天在里弗家 |
[28:29] | The day he killed himself? | 他自杀的那天 |
[28:33] | I was so mad at him. | 我对他发火 |
[28:37] | I was so unkind. | 非常不友好 |
[28:43] | It was all about me. | 只想着自己 |
[28:47] | Should’ve just… | 我应该 |
[28:50] | shut up and listened for once in my life. | 闭嘴倾听一次 |
[28:53] | Are you gonna go to the wedding? | 你要参加婚礼吗 |
[28:56] | What’s the difference? | 有什么不同吗 |
[29:01] | Khai Zhi? | 凯志 |
[29:03] | You’re awake? | 你醒着 |
[29:04] | Of course I’m awake. | 我当然醒着 |
[29:05] | How can I sleep with all the self-pity in the room? | 在这个自怨自艾的人面前我怎么睡得着 |
[29:08] | I don’t think I’ve ever heard you speak before. | 我从来没听你讲过话 |
[29:17] | Do you still love her? | 你还爱她吗 |
[29:19] | Yes. | 爱 |
[29:20] | Well, then, sober up and go get her. | 那就醒醒酒 把她抢回来 |
[29:40] | ♪I woke up this morning♪ | ♪清晨醒来♪ |
[29:44] | ♪I get bored as I get older♪ | ♪陪我变老的只有无趣♪ |
[29:50] | I like this song. | 我喜欢这首 |
[29:55] | You’re a dick. Okay? | 你这个混蛋 |
[29:56] | I’ve been playing in that place for three years, | 我在那里演出了三年 |
[29:58] | and all you ever do is bus dishes and avoid me. | 而你却一直在收拾桌子 回避我 |
[30:03] | What do you want me to do, come up and harmonize? | 你想让我干什么 上去和声吗 |
[30:07] | Hey, this is a good call. | 这是个正确的决定 |
[30:09] | Making your play for Alice. | 让艾丽斯回心转意 |
[30:11] | I’ve been worried about you. You drink too much. | 我很担心你 你喝太多酒了 |
[30:13] | She’s the love of my life, and I’m sober now. | 她是我的挚爱 我现在醒酒了 |
[30:15] | I’m more than sober. I’m awake. | 不只醒酒 我彻底清醒了 |
[30:17] | I’ve been rudderless, and now I have a purpose. | 我从前漫无目的 现在有了 |
[30:21] | That purpose arrived in an embossed linen envelope. | 是那个亚麻压花信封给的 |
[30:23] | – And the calligraphy was beautiful. – Yeah. | -书写很漂亮 -是啊 |
[30:26] | I felt the pain when I saw the invitation. | 看到请柬的那刻 我感受到了痛苦 |
[30:28] | I… I feel everything now. | 我已经能感受一切 |
[30:30] | Maybe that’s why you keep me at a distance. | 也许这就是你拒我远之的原因 |
[30:33] | You don’t need me as much as you used to. | 你不像以前那么需要我了 |
[30:37] | Yeah, what are you exactly? You’re my… You’re my conscience? | 是吧 你到底是什么 是我的良知吗 |
[30:40] | No, I’m your shadow. Remember? | 不 我是你的影子 记得吗 |
[30:42] | Shadow, right. | 影子 对 |
[30:44] | Right. Jung, my dark side. | 没错 大哲学家 我的黑暗面 |
[30:47] | Except with you, your dark side, the part you’re trying to hide, | 但你的黑暗面 也就是想要隐藏的那一面 |
[30:50] | is the part that feels things. | 是能够感知的一面 |
[30:53] | Why do you think I feel everything so much now? | 你说我现在为什么能够感受一切了呢 |
[30:56] | When I used to have such a hard time… feeling anything? | 曾经的我怎么努力却都感受不到 |
[31:01] | ‘Cause you’ve lost your ambition. | 因为你没有了野心 |
[31:04] | When you were a politician, | 当你从政的时候 |
[31:05] | you didn’t have the luxury of having your own feelings. | 有感受是一种奢望 |
[31:07] | They got in the way of you figuring out | 阻挡了你 迫使你用 |
[31:09] | the most strategic way of handling things. | 战略性的思维处理问题 |
[31:11] | If it served the campaign to feel mad or sad or guilty, you did. | 你可以为了竞选而生气 伤心 愧疚 |
[31:17] | So I have to be a loser to be able to feel things? | 意思是我只有做个废柴 才能够感受事物 |
[31:22] | I’m not sure yet. | 我不清楚 |
[31:23] | Okay, well… | 好吧 那 |
[31:26] | what do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[31:28] | I think you should pull over at the next Dunkin’ Donuts | 我觉得你应该在下一家甜甜圈店里 |
[31:32] | to get another giant iced coffee… | 再买一大杯冰咖啡 |
[31:34] | and that I like this song. | 还有 我喜欢这首歌 |
[31:39] | ♪There was nothing in the world♪ | ♪世上没有其他事♪ |
[31:42] | ♪That I ever wanted more♪ | ♪让我更加渴望♪ |
[31:45] | ♪Than to feel you deep in my heart♪ | ♪感受到你在我内心深处♪ |
[31:50] | ♪There was nothing in the world♪ | ♪世上没有其他事♪ |
[31:53] | ♪That I ever wanted more♪ | ♪让我更加渴望♪ |
[31:56] | ♪Than to never feel the breaking apart♪ | ♪从未感受过支离破碎♪ |
[32:00] | ♪My pictures of you♪ | ♪我手中你的照片♪ |
[32:13] | You know, you could just call her. | 你可以给她打个电话 |
[32:16] | No. No, no, no. | 不 不不不 |
[32:17] | That’s not how this sort of thing is supposed to go, okay? | 这事不能这么解决 |
[32:20] | Here’s what happens: | 应该像这样 |
[32:21] | I’ll see her, then she’ll be like, “Whoa! How did you find me?” | 见到了她 她会问 “你怎么找到我的” |
[32:23] | I’ll be like, “I know you so well that I was able to deduce | 我就说 “我太了解你了 |
[32:26] | exactly what class you’d be coming out of at this moment. | 能推测出你刚刚上了哪节课 |
[32:28] | Ethical Reasoning 18, | 伦理推理18 |
[32:29] | Classical Chinese Political and Ethical Reasoning. | 中国古典政治及伦理推理 |
[32:31] | There’s no way you weren’t taking that class.” | 一定是这节课” |
[32:33] | And then she’ll realize that no one knows her as well as I do, | 然后她就会意识到没人比我更懂她 |
[32:37] | and that we’re meant to be together. | 我们是天生一对 |
[32:40] | Yeah, I think you should just call her. | 我觉得你还是直接给她打电话比较好 |
[32:43] | Wait a minute, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[32:45] | There she is. | 那是她 |
[32:51] | Wow. What do you know? | 真是不可思议 |
[32:54] | Okay. | 好了 |
[32:56] | Go get your girl. | 去夺回你的姑娘吧 |
[33:04] | Thad! | 萨德 |
[33:07] | You’re the best thing in the whole world, thank you so much. | 你是世界上最好的男人 谢谢 |
[33:15] | You know what? Let’s get outta here, okay? | 我们还是走吧 好吗 |
[33:17] | I don’t want her to see me. | 我不想让她见到我 |
[33:26] | Payton? | 佩顿 |
[33:39] | Oh, should I… | 我要 |
[33:43] | Yeah, I’ll just… | 那我就 |
[33:51] | Oh, my God! | 天哪 |
[33:53] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这里 |
[33:53] | Well, that’s… I didn’t mean… You go here, so never mind. | 我不是故意 你在这里上学 当我没说 |
[33:57] | Uh, Payton, this is Thad, my fiancé. | 佩顿 这是我的未婚夫 萨德 |
[34:02] | Hey. It’s nice to meet you. I’ve heard a lot about you. | 很高兴见到你 久仰大名 |
[34:04] | It’s firm. | 很有力 |
[34:07] | Do you want me to just… | 你要我 |
[34:08] | – Yea… Yeah, if you wouldn’t mind. – Yeah, sure. | -好啊 你不介意吧 -当然了 |
[34:11] | Oh, no. You don’t have to do… | 不不 你不用 |
[34:13] | I was just gonna go check out the Freedom Trail, so… | 我就想去看看自由之路 所以 |
[34:16] | Okay. All right. | 好了 |
[34:18] | – I’ll see you later. Okay. – See you in a bit. Nice to meet you, Payton. | -回见 -回见 很高兴见到你 佩顿 |
[34:25] | Would you maybe want to get a cup of coffee? | 要喝点咖啡吗 |
[34:30] | How’s your mother? | 你妈妈怎么样 |
[34:32] | Good. She’s good. | 挺好 她挺好的 |
[34:34] | She’s at a monastery in Bhutan, uh, up in the Himalayas, | 她在不丹的一家修道院 喜马拉雅山上 |
[34:37] | she is paving mountain roads by hand. | 在那徒手铺山路 |
[34:40] | Bhutan? | 不丹 |
[34:42] | Yes, uh, she heard that | 对 她听说 |
[34:44] | the Bhutanese were the happiest nation on Earth, | 不丹是世界上最幸福的国家 |
[34:46] | and so she took that as a kind of dare. | 她就义无反顾地去了 |
[34:48] | She thought she could make them happier. | 她觉得她可以让他们更加幸福 |
[34:53] | How are you? | 你怎么样 |
[34:56] | Fine. | 还好 |
[35:00] | I talked to James. He says you’re an alcoholic. | 我和詹姆斯聊过 他说你成了酒鬼 |
[35:03] | What? Come on, that’s… | 什么 我只是 |
[35:06] | that’s such a loaded term. I don’t really know what that means. | 这词真难听 我都不知道是什么意思 |
[35:08] | It means someone who’s addicted to alcohol. | 这是指某人对酒精上瘾 |
[35:11] | Okay, well, then… no. | 好吧 我没有 |
[35:14] | I mean, dipsomania. | 我只是 沉迷于酒 |
[35:15] | That’s probably a better way of describing it. | 这样形容比较合适 |
[35:17] | It’s like I have one drink and then I want five drinks, | 我喝了一杯就想再喝五杯 |
[35:21] | which actually isn’t that uncommon | 这也不算什么罕见的事 |
[35:22] | and really isn’t a sign of a drinking problem. | 也不能代表我酗酒 |
[35:24] | That’s a textbook sign that someone has a drinking problem. | 但这就是人们对酗酒的定义 |
[35:26] | Yeah, well, I haven’t had a drink in a week anyways, okay? | 好吧 我已经一周没喝过了 |
[35:29] | And… And I really don’t think that I will start again. | 并且我觉得我也不会再喝了 |
[35:34] | Something in me has changed, okay? | 我的内在已经变了 |
[35:36] | I really… I wish you could believe me because I really feel it. | 你一定要相信我 因为我能感受到 |
[35:41] | So, you like NYU? | 你喜欢纽约大学吗 |
[35:43] | – How are your grades? – Okay, why him? | -成绩怎么样 -为什么选他 |
[35:46] | Look, I’m sorry, but… but he looks like a proper douchebag. | 对不起 但他看着就像个渣男 |
[35:54] | Don’t marry him. | 别嫁给他 |
[35:56] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么要说这些 |
[35:58] | I screwed this up. Okay? | 我搞砸了 |
[36:00] | I screwed it up so badly. It is my fault and I apologize. | 我彻底搞砸了 这是我的错 我道歉 |
[36:03] | I should’ve turned back that day in the hallway. | 那天在走廊我应该回头 |
[36:05] | In fact, I never should’ve agreed to break up in the first place. | 其实我一开始就不该和你分手 |
[36:07] | The wedding is next week, Payton. | 婚礼就在下周 佩顿 |
[36:09] | So? Just take my hand, okay? Take my hand. | 所以呢 跟我走 好吗 跟我走 |
[36:12] | Run away with me. | 我带你逃跑 |
[36:13] | We’ll hop on a Greyhound bus | 我们搭着灰狗巴士 |
[36:14] | and we will just go wherever it’s headed. | 它去哪我们就去哪 |
[36:17] | You know? We’ll start over. | 我们重新开始 |
[36:18] | That’s the last scene of The Graduate, Payton, | 这是电影《毕业生》的最后一幕 佩顿 |
[36:20] | and if you think that’s a happy ending, | 如果你觉得这是个幸福大结局 |
[36:21] | you should maybe watch it again. | 那你应该再好好看看 |
[36:23] | Okay, well, why him? | 好吧 那为什么是他 |
[36:26] | Really, Payton? | 真的吗 佩顿 |
[36:30] | Because he’s a good person. | 因为他人很好 |
[36:33] | He’s… Okay. | 他…好吧 |
[36:33] | And he’s good for me. Our families get along. | 他是正确的选择 我们的家人合得来 |
[36:37] | So, there’s three words that I’m not hearing. | 我没听到那三个最关键的字 |
[36:39] | I love him, Payton. I do. | 我爱他 佩顿 我爱 |
[36:45] | You will never love him the way you love me. | 你永远不会像爱我那样爱他 |
[36:48] | Well, you will never love me… | 你也永远不会 |
[36:53] | the way that Thad does. | 像萨德那样爱我 |
[36:55] | That’s… | 这 |
[36:57] | that’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[36:58] | And honestly, I’ve sort of come to believe | 说实话 我渐渐相信 |
[37:02] | that the way I love you really isn’t healthy. | 我对你的爱并不健康 |
[37:04] | It’s more of an illness | 更像是一种 |
[37:07] | that you spend your whole life learning how to live with. | 需要用一生去适应的疾病 |
[37:11] | We never should’ve gotten back together in high school. | 我们高中的时候不该复合 |
[37:15] | I don’t think I ever really got over you betraying me. | 我还没有从你的背叛中走出来 |
[37:18] | Me betraying you? | 我的背叛 |
[37:19] | Weren’t you the one sleeping with my best friend? | 和我最好的朋友上床的是你吧 |
[37:21] | Sex has nothing to do with loyalty. | 忠诚与性无关 |
[37:24] | We’re not our parents. | 我们不再是父母那辈了 |
[37:28] | Why didn’t you look back, Payton? | 你为什么不回头 佩顿 |
[37:32] | I asked you for one thing. | 我只要求了你一件事 |
[37:35] | When we pass each other in the hallways, | 我们在走廊相遇时 |
[37:37] | look back so I know we’re okay. | 回头 让我知道我们没变 |
[37:39] | But you didn’t. | 但你没有 |
[37:42] | Why? | 为什么 |
[37:45] | Because your plan was working. | 因为你的计划奏效了 |
[37:47] | Because I didn’t want anyone to see us or doubt our story. | 我不想被人看见而生疑 |
[37:52] | It was just politics. | 政治战略而已 |
[37:56] | God, I’m so sorry, Alice. | 天哪 我真的很抱歉 艾丽斯 |
[37:57] | But… But, look, I am telling you, | 但 我要告诉你 |
[38:00] | I am different now, okay? Look at me. | 我已经改过自新了 你看 |
[38:03] | I can feel things. It took hitting rock bottom to get there, | 跌入谷底让我学会了感受 |
[38:07] | and my rock bottom was the thought of losing you. | 失去你的念头就是我的谷底 |
[38:09] | But I see now… | 但我现在明白了 |
[38:11] | that this was a gift to fall this far because I finally can feel. | 这次狠狠地跌倒是件好事 我终于有了感受 |
[38:16] | And when we are back together and I’m back on top, | 如果我们在一起 我重回云端 |
[38:19] | I know I’ll still be able to feel this way. | 我依旧能像这样感受 |
[38:27] | I’m so glad to see you so emotionally healthy, Payton. | 你心理健康我真的很高兴 佩顿 |
[38:30] | I really am. | 真的 |
[38:36] | But I cannot do this. | 但我不能这么做 |
[38:38] | I’m not walking out on a four-million-dollar wedding. | 我不会扔下一场四百万美元的婚礼 |
[38:40] | I’m not gonna be disowned by my parents | 我不想让父母跟我断绝关系 |
[38:43] | and break the heart of the sweetest boy I’ve ever met. | 让世上最可爱的男生伤心 |
[38:46] | – Don’t do this. – No, don’t you do this, Payton. | -不要这么做 -是你不要这么做 佩顿 |
[38:48] | Don’t make me seem like the bad guy | 是你一手酿成现在的后果 |
[38:50] | when you’re the reason that this has happened. | 不要让我当这个坏人 |
[38:51] | Everything could’ve been different. | 一切本不该如此 |
[38:56] | Now it’s too late. | 而现在已经晚了 |
[38:57] | No, it’s never too late. | 不 不会太晚 |
[38:58] | – It’s never too… – Yes, Payton. It is. | -永远不 -不 佩顿 晚了 |
[39:06] | I’m marrying Thad. | 我要嫁给萨德 |
[39:08] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[39:12] | I’ll always love you. | 我永远爱你 |
[39:17] | Alice… | 艾丽斯 |
[39:22] | Maybe we can have an affair or something. | 我们可以偷个情之类的 |
[40:15] | Hey, Payton. | 你好啊 佩顿 |
[40:17] | What are you doing here? | 你们在这里干什么 |
[40:18] | We have a proposition. | 我们有个提议 |
[40:23] | I had the same reaction when McAfee told me. | 迈克菲告诉我时我也是这个反应 |
[40:25] | We’re talking about maybe the most powerful woman in the state. | 这可能是全州最有权势的女人 |
[40:28] | Almost three decades of | 近三十年里 |
[40:29] | creating a firewall of journalistic allies, | 依靠与媒体的同盟关系 |
[40:31] | solid union and neighborhood voting blocs, | 稳固的工会和紧密邻里间的选民团体 |
[40:33] | quid pro quos with deep-pocketed | 与资金雄厚的工业和商业领袖间的利益交换 |
[40:35] | industry and business leaders. | 她建立了一道防火墙 |
[40:36] | She’s got the influential priests, | 她把有影响力的神父 |
[40:37] | rabbis, and imams on her side. | 拉比和伊玛目都弄到她这一边 |
[40:39] | She’s a juggernaut. | 她就是个巨无霸 |
[40:41] | I understand why she’s run unopposed for the last three cycles. | 我理解她过去三次选举周期为什么都没有对手 |
[40:43] | It would be insane to go up against her. | 做她的竞选对手就是脑子进水了 |
[40:45] | Then I told him about going to try to volunteer for her campaign. | 然后我和他讲了跑去为她的竞选当志愿者的事 |
[40:48] | There isn’t one. | 哪里有什么竞选 |
[40:49] | Just a big, basically unstaffed office | 就是一个巨大 空无一人的办公室 |
[40:50] | where the most advanced software they have | 那里最先进的软件就是 |
[40:52] | – is the key to the bathroom. – Windows 99. | -卫生间的门卡 -视窗99系统 |
[40:54] | They’re lazy and arrogant. | 她们既懒惰又傲慢 |
[40:56] | She’s vulnerable. | 她很脆弱 |
[40:58] | Not to a typical opponent; to a young campaign that is hungry, | 不是对通常的对手而言 而是对一个饥饿 |
[41:01] | technologically savvy, telegenic. | 能玩转新技术的年轻竞选对手而言 |
[41:03] | To a once in a generation candidate. | 对一代人里就出那么一个的对手而言 |
[41:09] | Mm-hmm. Right, well, did you bring any marshmallows? | 那个 我说 你们带棉花糖来了吗 |
[41:12] | For roasting over the open fire? | 在火堆上烤啊 |
[41:15] | Are you drunk? | 你喝醉了吗 |
[41:15] | What? | 什么 |
[41:16] | No, I’m on the wagon. | 没有 我戒酒呢 |
[41:19] | Almost two weeks. | 都快两周了 |
[41:20] | – Congrats. – Yeah, that’s fantastic. | -恭喜 -非常好啊 |
[41:22] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:23] | There’s no fire here, Payton. | 这里没有火堆 佩顿 |
[41:25] | Exactly, all right? | 就是这意思 |
[41:27] | You guys, the candidate you’re looking for is long gone. | 你们想找的那个候选人早就不在了 |
[41:30] | Okay? The fire in me has gone out. | 我心里的那团火已经熄灭了 |
[41:32] | Okay? I am done with politics. | 我不想再碰政治了 |
[41:35] | Well, don’t you understand | 你怎么不明白呢 |
[41:36] | that the reason for all of the drinking and crooning | 所有这些酗酒 伤感的歌 |
[41:38] | and whining is because that fire’s out? | 和自怜自衰都是因为那团火熄灭了 |
[41:40] | That fire defines you. | 那团火成就了你 |
[41:42] | You’re a politician, Payton. A great one. | 你是个政客 佩顿 伟大的政客 |
[41:43] | You’re rudderless without a campaign. | 没有竞选你就失去了航向 |
[41:49] | Maybe… Maybe so, but | 也许… 也许是这样 但 |
[41:52] | you’re asking me to set sail on the Titanic. | 可你们是在让我在泰坦尼克号上掌舵啊 |
[41:54] | This race is winnable, and we can prove it to you. | 这场竞选能获胜 我们可以证明给你看 |
[41:56] | All we need is one great issue. | 我们只需要一个大议题 |
[41:59] | The MTA is the laughingstock of the free world. | 纽约地铁是自由世界的笑柄 |
[42:01] | It is consistently voted | 它一直都被评选为 |
[42:02] | the worst mass transit system in the universe. | 全宇宙最糟糕的公共捷运系统 |
[42:04] | And do you know who is | 你知道谁是 |
[42:05] | the chairwoman of the appropriations committee | 负责给地铁提供运营资金的 |
[42:07] | – in charge of the funding for the subway? – Mmm? | -拨款委员会的主席吗 -是谁 |
[42:09] | The person who, under the right circumstances, | 在合适的情况下 这个人 |
[42:11] | could become the face of that hell down there. | 可以被当做这地狱般交通系统的代表 |
[42:13] | You don’t need to beat her entire political career, | 你不需要去和她整个政治生涯对抗 |
[42:16] | you just need to crush her on one relatable, | 你只需在一个能引起共鸣的 |
[42:18] | marketable, repeatable issue. | 适合宣传的 可重复提及的事情上碾压她 |
[42:20] | Politics 101. | 政治学入门 |
[42:21] | Look, you guys, thank you for trying. | 听着 谢谢你们的努力 |
[42:23] | Honestly. And you’re the best friends, the best. | 真的 你们是最好的朋友 最好的 |
[42:27] | And I love you, but… | 我爱你们 但… |
[42:29] | but I’m gonna pass. | 但我还是算了 |
[42:31] | Just think about it for a few days. | 你花几天时间考虑一下吧 |
[42:33] | All right, but my answer isn’t gonna change, okay? | 可以 不过我的回答不会变 |
[42:36] | This is not a winnable race, and frankly, | 这场竞选赢不了 实话说 |
[42:38] | I don’t think that any are with me as the candidate. | 只要是我做候选人 什么竞选都没戏 |
[42:43] | Look, you guys, I’m really grateful that you still believe in me. | 你们还对我有信心 我真的很感谢 |
[42:49] | Problem is, I don’t. | 问题是 我没有 |
[42:53] | Okay, Johnny. | 强尼 |
[42:55] | Today is my day. | 今天是我打败你的日子 |
[43:00] | You know what we need to do. | 你知道我们需要做什么 |
[43:01] | Now, what were Wollstonecraft’s primary arguments? | 沃斯通克拉夫特的主要观点有哪些 |
[43:05] | Number one, women should be allowed to enter the fields | 第一 妇女应被允许参与 |
[43:08] | of medicine and politics. | 医学和政治等领域 |
[43:11] | Particularly noteworthy | 这点非常令人侧目 |
[43:12] | – when we realize that in 1792… – Hello? | -尤其当我们意识到在1792年… -喂 |
[43:14] | …only three percent of the people living in England and Wales | 居住在英格兰和威尔士的人口中只有3% |
[43:18] | – were eligible to vote. – Are you serious? | -有选举权 -你说真的呢 |
[43:21] | Hell, yeah. | 绝对加入 |
[43:22] | I’m on my way. | 我这就过来 |
[43:23] | …for having sex before marriage, maybe men should be as well. | 因婚前性行为的话 那也许男性也应该一样 |
[43:27] | Number three, girls and boys should be co-educated. | 第三 女孩和男孩应该一同受教育 |
[43:30] | I don’t appreciate your tone, young lady. | 我不喜欢你说话的语气 年轻女士 |
[43:34] | I have an influential mommy blog. | 我可有个很有影响力的妈妈播客 |
[43:37] | So I would like to speak with your manager. | 我想和你的主管谈谈 |
[43:39] | Okay, ma’am. I don’t think you | 夫人 我觉得你还是不要 |
[43:40] | want to speak to the manager, ’cause he’s a prick. | 和我的主管谈吧 因为他是个混蛋 |
[43:43] | But Todd over here is gonna say exactly what I just did. | 而那边的托德会和我说的一模一样 |
[43:45] | You can’t return something that you’ve already eaten. | 您不能退已经吃过的东西 |
[43:47] | Ma’am. | 夫人 |
[43:49] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[43:53] | Hello? | 喂 |
[43:56] | Yeah? | 嗯 |
[44:01] | Okay, I’m in. | 好 我加入 |
[44:04] | But there’s something you need to know. | 但有个事得告诉你 |
[44:12] | Hello? Hi. | 喂 |
[44:16] | Look, I can’t really talk right now. | 我现在讲话不方便 |
[44:18] | Sweetie, please sit still. | 亲爱的 坐好别动 |
[44:22] | He what? | 他什么 |
[44:24] | Really? | 真的 |
[44:26] | Sweetie, the music’s started. | 亲爱的 音乐开始了 |
[44:29] | Okay, let’s do this. Okay. | 我们开始吧 好了 |
[44:34] | I’m gonna have to call you back. | 我得回头再打给你了 |
[45:09] | Payton’s running for State Senate. | 佩顿要参选州参议员了 |
[45:10] | Oh, jeez. What a dickhead. | 我的天 真是个傻缺 |
[45:13] | I just thank God that kid is finally out of the picture. | 他总算和你没关系了 我真是谢天谢地 |
[45:16] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是啊 -嗯 |
[45:26] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[45:43] | – Dearly beloved… – I’m so sorry. | -亲爱的各位… -我很抱歉 |
[45:44] | We have to put this on hold. | 我们得先暂停一下 |
[45:48] | Alice, wait! | 艾丽斯 等等 |
[45:49] | Sweetheart, what are you doing? | 亲爱的 你要干什么 |
[45:52] | Maybe she just had to use the bathroom. | 也许她就是要去一趟洗手间 |
[46:04] | Alice! Alice! | 艾丽斯 艾丽斯 |
[46:06] | – Alice! – What are you doing? | -艾丽斯 -你在干什么 |
[46:08] | Alice! | 艾丽斯 |
[46:24] | Get me to New York, stat. | 送我去纽约 越快越好 |
[46:37] | Diet Coke. | 健怡可乐 |
[46:43] | Well, I guess you got promoted from busboy. | 看来你从勤杂工升职到酒保了 |
[46:47] | How long has it been? | 戒多久了 |
[46:49] | Fifteen days. | 十五天 |
[46:51] | Good for you. | 真不错 |
[46:53] | You know, I’ve been waiting for this moment. | 我一直在等着这个时刻呢 |
[46:56] | For you to get your head screwed back on straight. | 等着你的脑子重新回到正确的轨道上 |
[46:59] | – So you think that I should run. – Against Standish? | -你是觉得我应该参选 -和斯丹迪施竞选 |
[47:02] | It’s a gutsy play. | 很大胆 |
[47:03] | Yeah, it’s more foolhardy than brave. | 这不是勇敢 是鲁莽 |
[47:06] | I mean, yes, sure, the MTA’s a mess, but it’s not enough. | 的确 纽约地铁是一团糟 但这还不够 |
[47:09] | All right, maybe, maybe, | 也许 也许 |
[47:10] | if she had one juicy weakness that we could exploit, | 如果她有个能为我们利用的有价值的弱点 |
[47:13] | then maybe, but we would still have to run the perfect campaign | 那也许还行 但我们仍需有个完美的竞选 |
[47:15] | and just get really lucky. | 还得要特别走运 |
[47:18] | She’s unbeatable. | 她太无敌了 |
[47:21] | Which means if you beat her, | 也就是说如果你打败了她 |
[47:23] | you’re right back on your way to the presidency. | 你就重回你的总统之路上了 |
[47:30] | I’m scared. | 我很害怕 |
[47:31] | Of losing? | 怕失败 |
[47:33] | Don’t be. | 不用害怕 |
[47:35] | There’s more honor in defeat than there is in unused potential. | 失败也比浪费潜力更有尊严 |
[47:38] | I know. It’s more than that though. Um… | 我知道 可我怕的不止那个 |
[47:43] | I like feeling things. | 我喜欢感知事物 |
[47:47] | It hurts, | 会疼 |
[47:48] | but I like it, and I’m scared that if I run a new campaign… | 但我喜欢 我害怕如果我开始新的竞选… |
[47:55] | I’ll just stop being able to feel again. | 我就又会丧失感知的能力了 |
[48:03] | There’s no such thing as destiny. | 并没有命里注定这种事 |
[48:05] | Just men like you, who when the world needs them, | 只有你我这样的人 当世界需要他们时 |
[48:08] | answer the call. | 会挺身而出 |
[48:15] | Sorry it took so long. | 抱歉让你久等了 |
[48:17] | I had to reload the syrup into the machine. | 我得把原浆加灌到机器里 |
[48:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[49:15] | Oh, this is an intervention. | 这是干预治疗 |
[49:16] | Isn’t it? You guys. | 对不对 你们 |
[49:18] | You guys, I’ve told you already, okay? I quit drinking. | 我早就告诉过你们 我戒酒了 |
[49:20] | You can smell my breath. It’s Diet Coke. | 你们可以闻闻我嘴里 是健怡可乐 |
[49:22] | You’re running. Payton. | 你要参选 佩顿 |
[49:23] | You’re doing it and we’re all here to help. | 你要参选 我们都是来帮忙的 |
[49:26] | Guys, I… Is that your wedding dress? | 我… 那是你的婚纱吗 |
[49:30] | You didn’t walk out on your wedding to be here, did you? | 你不是从婚礼上逃出来到这里的吧 |
[49:33] | That’s a separate conversation, but… | 那件事再单聊 但… |
[49:38] | …yes, I did. | 是这样的 |
[49:40] | We’re all willing to put our lives on hold here. | 我们都甘愿中断我们的生活 |
[49:44] | Wow, um… That’s… | 那可真… |
[49:46] | I mean, thank you. | 我是说 谢谢 |
[49:48] | Um, I’m so excited | 对于你和我 |
[49:49] | at the prospect of you and I maybe starting fresh. | 可能有机会重新开始 我太激动了 |
[49:51] | But you guys. You’re not thinking rationally here, okay? | 但是 你们不太理智 |
[49:53] | Listen… | 听着 |
[49:56] | this is your destiny, Payton. | 这是你的命运 佩顿 |
[49:58] | Opportunities like this only come once, do you understand? | 这样的机会只有一次 明白吗 |
[50:02] | We’ve all been feeling | 我们大家都感觉 |
[50:03] | like there was something missing in our lives, | 我们的生活缺少了什么 |
[50:05] | and what’s been missing is something we can believe in. | 而那就是让我们相信的东西 |
[50:09] | You just have to try, dude. | 你要去试试 老兄 |
[50:11] | You’re never gonna forgive yourself if you don’t. | 如果你不去试的话 你永远都不会原谅自己 |
[50:17] | Okay, I… | 我… |
[50:20] | Okay, how do I… How do I put this? Um… | 我该… 我该怎么说呢 |
[50:24] | I can’t tell you how much it means to me | 我无法用语言形容你们都来到这 |
[50:27] | that you guys are all here. | 对我来说意义有多重大 |
[50:28] | And I hear what you’re saying, I really do. | 你们说的我也都听进去了 真的 |
[50:31] | But I am not gonna jump into a race that I can’t win, | 但我不会一头冲进一个我根本赢不了的竞选里 |
[50:33] | and I’m telling you, I cannot win this race. | 我告诉你们 这竞选我赢不了 |
[50:37] | Okay? Dede Standish is a 12-term incumbent | 迪迪·斯丹迪施是十二个任期的老江湖 |
[50:39] | running with the full support of the Democratic Party apparatus. | 背后有民主党机构的全力支持 |
[50:41] | Astrid, why don’t you tell him? | 阿斯特丽德 不如你来说 |
[50:47] | Jesus. | 我的天 |
[50:50] | Dede Standish is in a three-way marriage. | 迪迪·斯丹迪施有个三角恋婚姻 |
[50:56] | I beg your pardon? | 你再说一遍 |
[50:58] | I was catering a fundraiser for muscular dystrophy, | 我在一个肌肉萎缩症的募捐活动上当过服务员 |
[51:00] | and I saw it with my own eyes. | 我亲眼见到的 |
[51:05] | Ladies and gentlemen, Senator Dede Standish! | 女士们先生们 迪迪·斯丹迪施参议员 |
[51:30] | State Senator Dede Standish is in a thrupple. | 迪迪·斯丹迪施州参议员是玩3P的 |
[51:39] | There’s no such thing as destiny. | 并没有命里注定这种事 |
[51:41] | Just men like you, who when the world needs them, | 只有你我这样的人 当世界需要他们时 |
[51:44] | answer the call. | 会挺身而出 |
[51:48] | All right. | 好吧 |
[51:53] | Let’s do it. | 我们去竞选吧 |
[51:54] | HDMI 3, what the hell does that mean? | HDMI3 这他妈是什么意思 |
[51:56] | I just want regular TV! | 我就想看正常的电视 |
[51:58] | Okay, well, then, my question is | 好 那么 我的问题是 |
[52:01] | why am I just learning about this now? | 为什么我到现在才知道这件事 |
[52:04] | No! I don’t want iTunes! | 不 我不要iTunes |
[52:07] | Jesus, we can put a man on the moon. | 我的老天爷 我们能把人送上月球 |
[52:08] | We can’t make a TV that you just turn on. | 可却不能生产一个一开就能看的电视机 |
[52:11] | Where’s that intern we just hired? | 我们刚刚雇的那个实习生呢 |
[52:12] | Okay, I understand that, Richard. | 我明白这点 理查德 |
[52:15] | We’re… We’re looking for it now. | 我们… 我们正在找呢 |
[52:18] | Try New York 10. | 调到纽约10频道 |
[52:19] | What channel’s New York 10? | 纽约10频道是哪个频道 |
[52:21] | It’s ten, Hadassah. It’s channel ten. | 十频道 哈达莎 是十频道 |
[52:24] | – Ten. – Oh, channel ten. Okay. | -十 -十频道 好的 |
[52:25] | Over the past four years, | 在过去的四年里 |
[52:26] | delays on the New York subway system have tripled. | 纽约地铁系统发生的晚点增加了两倍 |
[52:30] | Now that amounts to over a million dollars | 这相当于每一天所损失的收入 |
[52:32] | in lost revenue every single day. | 达到了一百万以上 |
[52:33] | Now I’m gonna say that again. | 我再重复一遍 |
[52:35] | – The kid’s a fetus. – A million dollars every single day. | -这是个小毛孩 -每一天一百万 |
[52:38] | That’s a million dollars a day never makes it to the pocketbooks | 普通纽约人的口袋里每天少了 |
[52:40] | of the average New Yorker. | 一百万美元的收入 |
[52:42] | That’s hundreds of thousands in tax revenue | 那就是有几十万的税收收入 |
[52:44] | that can’t go towards police or firefighters, | 因此无法给到警察或者消防员 |
[52:47] | 霍巴特竞选参议员 让纽约重回正轨 | |
[52:47] | or sanitation, or pre-K and after-school programs | 或者是公共卫生或者学前班和课后活动等等 |
[52:51] | that New Yorkers have come to rely on. | 而这些都是纽约人所依赖的 |
[52:54] | Now where is our elected leadership on this issue? | 在这个问题上我们选出的领导在哪里呢 |
[52:56] | Why has Senator Standish been so slow to react to this crisis? | 为什么斯丹迪施参议员应对这个危机如此迟缓呢 |
[53:01] | Could it be perhaps because Senator Standish | 是否可能是因为斯丹迪施参议员 |
[53:03] | doesn’t ride the subway? | 不坐地铁呢 |
[53:05] | No, she doesn’t have to worry about | 不 她不必担心 |
[53:06] | arriving at her destinations on time, | 自己是否会迟到 |
[53:08] | because she travels by stretch limousine. | 因为她出行是坐加长的豪华轿车 |
[53:12] | Maybe that’s why Senator Standish thinks | 也许这是斯丹迪施参议员认为 |
[53:13] | that she can just throw money at the problem. | 她只需扔点钱就行了的原因 |
[53:15] | Right? 35 billion dollars in stopgap fixes, | 三百五十亿扔进临时补救措施里 |
[53:19] | which will already be obsolete by the time that they’re finished, | 这些措施完工时就已经又过时了 |
[53:21] | and won’t even fix the problem. | 而且根本就解决不了这个问题 |
[53:23] | All right? Now that’s what I call | 这就是我称之为的 |
[53:25] | putting a Band-Aid on a problem. | 给问题贴个创可贴 |
[53:27] | And at 35 billion dollars, | 而且花了三百五十亿 |
[53:30] | that is one very expensive Band-Aid, my friends. | 这创可贴可真是够贵的 朋友们 |
[53:33] | We cannot afford two more years | 我们不能再白花两年 |
[53:35] | of failed leadership in Albany. | 在无能的奥尔巴尼领导人身上了 |
[53:37] | We live in the greatest city in the world, | 我们生活在世界上最伟大的城市 |
[53:40] | and as New Yorkers, we deserve better. | 作为纽约客 我们理应得到更好的 |
[53:42] | You deserve leaders | 你们理应得到 |
[53:43] | who will stand up to moneyed interests in Albany | 敢于对抗奥尔巴尼充满铜臭的利益 |
[53:47] | and say enough is enough. | 并大喊到此为止 |
[53:49] | So join me in this revolution of solutions, | 针对纽约人每天都面对的这些问题 |
[53:52] | common sense solutions | 加入到我这个革命性的 |
[53:54] | to the problems that New Yorkers face each and every day. | 常识性的解决方案中来吧 |
[53:56] | Help me get this city back to work, and together… | 帮助我让这个城市重新运转 携起手来… |
[54:00] | let’s get New York back on track. | 让我们使纽约重回正轨 |
[54:04] | Thank you and God bless. | 谢谢 上帝保佑你们 |
[54:13] | Should we be worried? | 我们应该担心吗 |
[54:15] | Worried? | 担心 |
[54:17] | Oh, no. | 才怪呢 |
[54:19] | This is gonna be fun. | 这会挺有意思的 |
[54:23] | We’re gonna eat him alive. | 我们要生吞了他 |