时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:51] | Breaking news in the state senate election for the 27th District. | 纽约第27选区州参议员选举爆出突发新闻 |
[01:56] | The New York Times is reporting this morning | 《纽约时报》今早刊登了 |
[01:58] | what is being called “Throuple-gate,” | 所谓的 “三人行恋情门” 事件 |
[02:00] | allegations that Dede Standish’s three-way marriage is a hoax… | 指控迪迪·斯丹迪施的三人婚姻是个骗局 |
[02:04] | – What? – …designed to court older, female voters | -什么鬼 -为了迎合讨好年长的女性选民 |
[02:06] | and that Marcus Greeley, Dede’s husband, | 以及马科斯·格里利 迪迪的丈夫 |
[02:08] | is involved in a college cheating scandal, | 涉嫌大学作弊丑闻 |
[02:11] | authoring undergraduate papers | 帮他人撰写本科论文 |
[02:12] | in exchange for cash payment. | 敛收现金 |
[02:14] | For analysis… | 为进行分析 |
[02:15] | …we turn to Tiffany Albrecht, | 我们转向蒂芙尼·阿尔布雷希特 |
[02:17] | live at Standish headquarters. | 在斯丹迪施总部进行现场直播 |
[02:18] | Tiffany, what can you tell us about this? | 蒂芙尼 你对此有什么看法吗 |
[02:21] | It’s a bombshell, | 这个爆炸新闻 |
[02:22] | and it’s gone off on Election Day. | 还刚好在选举日爆发 |
[02:25] | This seems unprecedented. | 这似乎是史无前例的 |
[02:26] | It is a bombshell, Pat, and so far, | 这确实很轰动 帕特 到目前为止 |
[02:28] | the Standish campaign has been silent. | 斯丹迪施竞选团队仍然保持沉默 |
[02:39] | Mom! | 妈 |
[02:41] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[02:43] | …what do you believe the impact on today’s election will be… | …你认为这对今天的选举会有什么影响吗 |
[02:45] | – Mom! – What? I’m trying to watch this. | -妈妈 -怎么啦 我在看电视 |
[02:47] | This was in the trash, Mom. We talked about this. | 这扔进垃圾桶了 妈妈 我们谈过的 |
[02:50] | I’m sorry. I was going to take it out | 我很抱歉 我本来打算把它拿出来 |
[02:51] | and put it in the recycling. | 扔进回收箱里的 |
[02:54] | A thousand years, Mom. | 一千年 妈妈 |
[02:55] | That’s how long this’ll sit in a landfill, so… | 这东西会在垃圾场里待这么久 所以… |
[02:57] | I said I am sorry. | 我说了对不起了 |
[02:59] | The Times story alleges | 《纽约时报》报道称 |
[03:01] | that the three-way relationship, the so-called throuple, | 三人行关系 也是所谓的三角恋情 |
[03:04] | was an invention on the part of the Standish campaign | 完全是由斯丹迪施竞选团队捏造 |
[03:06] | designed to inject some youthful excitement | 旨在注入些年轻的激情 |
[03:08] | 选举日垮台 斯丹迪施竞选总部 | |
[03:08] | and, quote, “Sex appeal” | 引用其原话为 “性吸引力” |
[03:10] | to try and stop the momentum | 意在试图阻止 |
[03:11] | – of Payton Hobart. – Oh, my God. This is amazing. | -佩顿·霍巴特的攻势 -我的天啊 这太棒了 |
[03:14] | Don’t say that. Saying something like | 别这么说 说出那种话 |
[03:16] | that’s what’s wrong with this country. | 就是这个国家的问题所在 |
[03:17] | – What? – They think | -怎么了 -他们认为 |
[03:18] | this is what people care about. | 这才是人们关心的 |
[03:19] | I don’t give a shit what she does in her bedroom. | 我才不管她在卧室里干些狗名堂 |
[03:22] | Do you care that she’s a liar? | 那你介意她是个骗子吗 |
[03:24] | She lied, and she’s a dinosaur, | 她撒谎了 她还是只史前动物 |
[03:26] | and Payton Hobart is a genuine man of character | 而佩顿·霍巴特是个真实的人 |
[03:28] | who actually cares about this planet. | 还真正关心这个星球 |
[03:30] | Sweetie, I am so glad that you are politically active, | 亲爱的 我很高兴你这么积极地参与政治活动 |
[03:32] | I really am. It’s one of my proudest achievements. | 真心的 这是我最为骄傲的成就之一 |
[03:35] | But you are taking down the wrong woman, | 但这不是你该叫板的女人 |
[03:36] | and this is a smear. | 而这纯粹是诽谤 |
[03:38] | No, no, no, wait, which is it? | 不不不 等等 是哪个意思 |
[03:40] | She lied, and you don’t care, | 她撒了谎 你还不在乎 |
[03:41] | or she didn’t lie, and this is all made up? | 还是她没撒谎 然后这一切都是演戏 |
[03:43] | – I don’t care. – Because Dede Standish has been lying | -我不在乎 -因为迪迪·斯丹迪施上位以来 |
[03:45] | her entire career, Mom. | 就一直在撒谎 妈妈 |
[03:48] | Every politician has. | 每个政客都这样 |
[03:49] | They’ve known about global warming since the 1960s, | 他们从20世纪60年代就知道全球变暖 |
[03:52] | and nobody’s done anything about it. | 却没人采取任何行动 |
[03:53] | What, is Dede Standish suddenly a lobbyist for Exxon? | 怎么 迪迪·斯丹迪施突然成埃克森美孚的说客吗 |
[03:56] | What are you talking about? | 你在说些什么 |
[03:58] | That woman has made our lives demonstrably better. | 那位女士明显让我们的生活变得更好了 |
[04:02] | When did we move here? When was it? | 我们哪年搬来的 什么时候的事 |
[04:04] | Um, 2003. | 2003年 |
[04:06] | Remember when garbage trucks | 还记得垃圾车 |
[04:07] | used to park outside our building overnight? | 经常停在我们大楼外面过夜吗 |
[04:10] | She banned that! | 她禁止了 |
[04:11] | She– Remember summer camp? | 她 还记得夏令营吗 |
[04:13] | She is the reason why they were required to have EpiPens. | 她是夏令营必备肾上腺素针的原因 |
[04:16] | She is why I can’t get fired for being gay! | 她是我身为同性恋却不会因此被解雇的原因 |
[04:18] | She’s why there is a charter school two blocks away | 她是两个街区外有一所特许学校的原因 |
[04:21] | that you got to go to! | 而你就在那上学 |
[04:22] | You met her. | 你见过她 |
[04:23] | She sends us a Christmas card every year, | 她每年都给我们寄圣诞贺卡 |
[04:25] | 福克斯电台著名保守党派主持人 被称为影子白宫幕僚长 据称特朗普很多观点都源自于他的节目 | |
[04:25] | and suddenly she’s Hannity | 然后突然间她就成了汉尼提 |
[04:27] | because she’s not hysterical about climate change? | 就因为她对气候变化没那么歇斯底里吗 |
[04:29] | Maybe that is a sign | 也许那就是个征兆 |
[04:30] | that global warming is not the one issue | 全球变暖并不是那个唯一的 |
[04:34] | we all need to get up in arms about! | 我们都需要武装起来抗议的问题 |
[04:37] | Okay, boomer. | 好吧 战后婴儿潮来的人 |
[04:39] | What did you just say to me? | 你刚才喊我什么 |
[04:40] | The world is gonna end in ten years, Mom. | 世界十年后就要毁灭了 妈妈 |
[04:43] | I am barely a boomer, okay? | 我几乎算不上是战后婴儿潮出生的好吗 |
[04:45] | So don’t throw that shit at me. | 所以别把那破事赖在我头上 |
[04:47] | And the world is not gonna end | 世界也不会在十年后 |
[04:49] | – in ten years, Jayne! – What would you care? | -毁灭 洁恩 -你有什么在乎的 |
[04:52] | You can’t even recycle a frigging toothbrush. | 你连支烂牙刷都不会回收 |
[04:54] | Yeah, that’s right. Because I can never do enough for you. | 对 没错 因为我为你做的永远不够 |
[04:57] | Whatever I do, I’m always screwing it up! | 不管我做什么 我总是搞砸 |
[05:01] | I try recycling, not enough. | 我试过回收利用 但还不够 |
[05:03] | I got a goddamn fucking compost bin under the sink. | 这水槽下面有个该死的堆肥箱 |
[05:07] | Not enough. I cook you vegan eggs… | 还不够 我给你做素鸡蛋 |
[05:10] | – I know. – …whatever the fuck those are, | -我知道 -不管那是什么鬼东西 |
[05:12] | and still, I am the problem. | 但问题还是出在我身上 |
[05:14] | I’m not saying you. | 我不是说你 |
[05:16] | I’m saying people your age. | 我是说你这个年纪的人 |
[05:18] | Let me tell you something, Jayne. | 让我来告诉你 洁恩 |
[05:18] | People your age, your generation, | 你们这个年纪 你们这代人 |
[05:20] | you think you know everything, | 你自以为无所不知 |
[05:21] | and you are really fucking naive. | 你真是太他妈天真了 |
[05:23] | When I was your age, I thought I knew everything too, | 我像你这么大的时候 也以为自己无所不知 |
[05:25] | and I voted for Reagan. | 我还给里根投过票 |
[05:27] | I’m still trying to live that down. | 我还在努力忘掉这回事 |
[05:28] | We’re not naive, Mom. | 我们并不天真 妈妈 |
[05:30] | We’re informed. | 我们了解时事 |
[05:32] | You had what? Like, two newspapers, three networks? | 你们当时应该只有两份报纸 三个网站可看吧 |
[05:35] | I’ve got a supercomputer in my pocket. | 而我的口袋里有台超级计算机[手机] |
[05:37] | The least informed person my age | 我这个年龄段最不了解时事的人 |
[05:39] | knows more than the most informed person your age. | 也比你这个年龄段最见多识广的人知道的事多 |
[05:42] | That’s just a fact. | 这是个事实 |
[05:42] | Okay, fine, I’m an idiot. | 好吧 我是个白痴 |
[05:44] | I somehow raised you for 20 years, on my own, | 我想方设法独自抚养了你20年 |
[05:48] | but clearly, I know absolutely nothing. | 但很明显 你觉得我什么都不懂 |
[05:49] | Thank you so much, Jayne. | 真是谢谢你 洁恩 |
[05:51] | Have a fun election day. | 祝你选举日愉快 |
[05:52] | So nice talking to you, Mom. See you tonight. | 跟你聊天很开心 妈妈晚上见 |
[05:55] | Hope Dede Standish is toast by then. | 希望迪迪·斯丹迪施那会儿已经完蛋了 |
[06:01] | …Dede Standish might be trying | 迪迪·斯丹迪施可能是想 |
[06:03] | to wait this controversy out. | 等着这场争议过去 |
[06:13] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[06:15] | – Sorry. – Did you hear? | -抱歉 -你听说了吗 |
[06:16] | We just dropped some major-league shit on Dede Standish. | 我们刚给迪迪·斯丹迪施放了点终极猛料 |
[06:19] | I did, actually. NBD. | 其实是我的手笔 小事一桩 |
[06:22] | Payton’s still gonna lose, | 佩顿还是会输 |
[06:23] | but he’s an asshole, so I don’t care. | 但他是个混球 所以我不在乎 |
[06:25] | – Okay. – Once this whole shitshow is over, | -好吧 -等这场闹剧结束 |
[06:28] | how about you let me take you out to dinner. | 跟我出去吃个晚餐怎么样 |
[06:30] | I don’t think you even know my name. | 你都不知道我叫什么名字 |
[06:31] | So? It doesn’t have to be serious. | 那又怎样 认真你就输了 |
[06:33] | I’m in kind of a rebound sitch. | 我现在正处于疗伤期 |
[06:36] | – No. – No, I’m not in a rebound sitch? | -不了 -我不是在疗伤期吗 |
[06:39] | Because I am. | 因为我确实是 |
[06:42] | Infinity and I dated for, like, six months, | 英菲尼蒂跟我交往了大概六个月 |
[06:44] | and then, out of nowhere, she just broke– | 然后她莫名其妙地要分手 |
[06:45] | No, I meant, no, we’re not gonna go out. | 不 我指的是 我不要跟你约会 |
[06:48] | You’re awful. | 你是个烂人 |
[06:50] | Well, you’re… fired. | 好吧 你被开除了 |
[06:52] | I’m a volunteer, so I don’t think I can be fired. | 我是志愿者 所以你不能开除我 |
[06:57] | …on your own, and that was the wrong decision! | 是你私下做的错误决定 |
[06:58] | I am trying to win you this election! | 我在努力帮你赢得这场选举 |
[07:01] | We decided we’re not gonna win this election! | 我们已经决定这场不赢了 |
[07:03] | So now you’ve ruined the elections we have going forward | 而你现在毁了我们以后的选举机会 |
[07:05] | because now I’m just the candidate | 因为现在看来我是个不择手段 |
[07:06] | who played dirty and still lost. | 却依然输了的候选人 |
[07:07] | Okay guys, I really think | 好了各位 我真的觉得这样 |
[07:08] | – the yelling isn’t helping… – Okay, you’re hired again. | -大吵大闹无济于事 -你又被录用了 |
[07:10] | How about you and me, dinner, tonight? My place. | 不如今晚来我家一起吃晚餐吧 |
[07:14] | How about a future… | 那未来呢 |
[07:25] | …Okay? What you did did not need doing. | 知道吗 你做的都是不该做的事 |
[07:27] | – Hello? – Hi, this is Jayne from Payton H– | -喂 -你好 我是洁恩 来自佩顿 |
[07:30] | We had a long-term plan. | 我们有个长期计划 |
[07:31] | A big, beautiful plan | 一个远大而美好的 |
[07:33] | that stretched to the fucking horizon, | 延伸到他妈的地平线的 |
[07:35] | for as far as the eye can see, and that’s… | 一眼望不到头的计划 |
[07:38] | You, you made a decision… | 你做了个决定 |
[07:40] | – Hello? – Hi, this is Jayne calling | -喂 -你好 我是洁恩 |
[07:41] | – from Payton Hobart’s campaign. – Yes, how are you? | -从佩顿·霍巴顿竞选团队打来 -你好吗 |
[07:43] | Good, thank you. How are you? | 很好 谢谢你 你呢 |
[07:45] | Not bad. Thanks for asking. | 还不错 谢谢你的关心 |
[07:46] | That’s so nice. Thank you for not hanging up. | 你人真好 谢谢你没有挂断电话 |
[07:48] | Um, I’m just calling to remind you | 我打来只是想提醒你 |
[07:50] | that today is election day, | 今天是选举日 |
[07:51] | – and the polls are op– – That’s today? | -民调开始时间是 -选举日是今天 |
[07:52] | Yes, that’s today. | 是的 就是今天 |
[07:54] | So I presume you haven’t voted then? | 那么我想你还没有投票吧 |
[07:55] | I don’t know where to go. | 我不知道去哪里投 |
[07:56] | I can look that up for you right now. | 我现在可以帮你查询 |
[07:58] | – Let me just see what your address is… – Seriously? | -我来看看你的地址 -你认真的吗 |
[08:00] | – Yes. – Okay, it looks like there’s a polling place | -是的 -24街的公共图书馆 |
[08:02] | at the 24th Street Public Library. | 应该有个投票点 |
[08:04] | Is that convenient for you, | 这地方对你来说方便吗 |
[08:05] | or do you need me to find a different place? | 还是你需要我查查其他地方 |
[08:07] | – No, you’re not… – Okay. That sounds good. | -不 你不是 -好主意 |
[08:09] | You’re a conniving, backstabbing son of a bitch, | 你这个诡计多端阴险狡诈的王八蛋 |
[08:11] | who’s only been in this for one… | 只跟我们一起 |
[08:12] | No, that’s actually Payton Hobart right now. | 不 其实那就是佩顿·霍巴特本人 |
[08:15] | He is just so passionate | 他只是对明年能代表 |
[08:16] | about representing the 27th District in Albany next year. | 奥尔巴尼市第27区感到非常激动 |
[08:19] | – Oh, asswipe? – Okay, you have another location, | -帮人擦屁股的 -还有另一个地点 |
[08:21] | which is 456 7th Ave. | 在第七大道456号 |
[08:23] | – Does that location work for you? – Excuse me! | -这个地点可以吗 -打扰一下 |
[08:24] | Can everybody mute their phone for one quick second? | 大家能先把手机都静音一下吗 |
[08:27] | Sorry, can you hold for just a second? | 抱歉 可以请你稍等一下吗 |
[08:32] | You’re fucking fired! Get out! | 你丫被开除了 滚出去 |
[08:34] | My pleasure. Sorry I wanted you to win this thing. | 我很高兴 真是抱歉我想帮你赢得选举 |
[08:36] | Have fun running for school board or whatever the fuck! | 祝你竞选校董会或妈的其他什么愉快 |
[08:45] | Unmute. | 继续打电话吧 |
[08:49] | Sorry, Mrs. Cortez. Are you there? | 抱歉 科尔特斯太太 你还在吗 |
[08:52] | – Shit. – Turn on the news! | -见鬼 -打开新闻 |
[08:54] | – What’s going on? – Excuse me. | -怎么了 -借过一下 |
[08:55] | Turnout. It’s way up. | 投票率 涨了好多 |
[08:57] | We are looking at wait times for | 我们最多有30分钟 |
[08:59] | up to 30 minutes to cast a vote… | 等待投票的时间 |
[09:01] | Holy shit. Okay, okay. Okay. | 我的天哪 好吧 好吧 |
[09:05] | You, what’s your name? | 你 你叫什么名字 |
[09:07] | I know this. I found you to be very impressive. | 我记得你 你给我的印象深刻 |
[09:08] | – Jayne Mueller. You’re a Taurus. – Yes! | -洁恩·穆勒 金牛座 -是的 |
[09:10] | Okay, excellent. Love the effort. | 很好 干得不错 |
[09:12] | How many of your friends have voted today? | 你有多少朋友今天投票了 |
[09:13] | Uh, let me check Instagram super quickly. One second. | 我来查一下图享 马上就好 |
[09:16] | Hold on, hold on, hold on. | 稍等 稍等啊 |
[09:17] | Uh, 11, 12? I don’t know. | 11个12个 我说不准 |
[09:19] | A lot. Like, most of them. | 挺多的 应该大部分都投了 |
[09:21] | – Okay. – Did you hear this? | -好的 -你听见了吗 |
[09:24] | They say that this could be the biggest turnout | 他们说这可能是纽约州历史上 |
[09:25] | for a state senate seat in the history of New York. | 州参议院席位投票人数最多的一次 |
[09:28] | We could still win this thing. | 我们还是有可能赢的 |
[09:31] | And black Twitter is behind you. | 推特黑人都支持你 |
[09:33] | I mean, like, the 75 people | 我是指 75个 |
[09:34] | that I know that are black and on Twitter. | 我认识的用推特的黑人 |
[09:38] | Okay, uh, what do we have planned for today? | 我们今天还有什么安排 |
[09:39] | Uh, you and Alice go vote, do a presser, and that’s it. | 你和艾丽斯去投票 开个新闻发布会 就这些 |
[09:42] | That’s it? Nothing else? | 就这些 没有别的了吗 |
[09:44] | And a concession speech. | 还有败选演讲 |
[09:45] | I mean, we all agreed that you would probably lose. | 我们都觉得你很可能会输 |
[09:47] | Okay, well, change of plans. | 好吧 计划有变 |
[09:48] | – What time do polls close? – 9:00. | -投票什么时候结束 -9点 |
[09:49] | Okay, 9:00. Uh, we need an event. | 好的 9点 我们需要办一场活动 |
[09:51] | I want outside Madison Square Park, | 在麦迪逊广场公园外 |
[09:53] | 3:00 p.m. I want every news outlet there. | 下午3点 我要所有的新闻媒体都到场 |
[09:55] | – What event? – I don’t know. You figure it out! | -什么活动 -我不知道 你自己想吧 |
[09:58] | Okay. You, you, and you, come with me. | 好吧 你 你 还有你 跟我走 |
[10:01] | I didn’t finish my call list. Is that okay? | 我的电话还没打完呢 没关系吧 |
[10:03] | Yeah. Give your call list to somebody else, okay? | 没事 把你的电话单给别人打不就行了 |
[10:05] | This is way more important! | 现在有比那重要几百倍的事 |
[10:09] | Thank you, Mr. Naybor, and there you go. | 谢谢 内博尔先生 给你 |
[10:13] | Voting booths are right over there. | 投票站就在那边 |
[10:15] | I haven’t seen a turnout like this before. Have you? | 我以前从没见过这么选民来投票 你呢 |
[10:17] | I– No. I usually vote right away when I get here, | 我也是 我以前一到这里就能投票 |
[10:20] | and there was a line out the door. | 在门外排队就行 |
[10:21] | – No. – Yes. | -没有吧 -有 |
[10:22] | Hi. | 你好 |
[10:23] | – Um, name, please? – Akta Shah. | -怎么称呼 -阿塔·沙 |
[10:25] | S-h-a-h. | 沙滩的沙 |
[10:27] | Is the throuple a lie? | 三人行是谎言吗 |
[10:28] | – We’re not making a comment about this. – Here it is. | -我们对此无可奉告 -给你 |
[10:31] | – Guys, I told you… – Hi. | -我告诉过大家了 -你好 |
[10:33] | – no comment. – Hadassah Gold. | -无可奉告 -我是哈达莎·戈尔德 |
[10:35] | Say, would you mind if Senator Standish and I, | 你介意我和斯丹迪施议员 |
[10:37] | uh, cut in front of you? | 插下队吗 |
[10:38] | I’ve been waiting in line for half an hour. | 我已经排了半个小时队了 |
[10:40] | Yes, but she’s who you’re waiting in line to vote for, | 没错 但反正你排队也是为了给她投票 |
[10:42] | so we’re gonna cut. | 那我们插队了 |
[10:44] | Hi. | 你好 |
[10:46] | – Hadassah Gold. – Of course. | -我是哈达莎·戈尔德 -当然 |
[10:47] | – Dede Standish. – Pleasure. | -这位是迪迪·斯丹迪施 -幸会 |
[10:48] | Hello. How are you? | 你好 你好吗 |
[10:50] | – Can I have that quickly, please? – Of course. | -请问能快点给我吗 -当然 |
[10:51] | – Yes. Thank you, yeah. – Yes. Here is you. | -好的 谢谢 -好 给你 |
[10:54] | Uh, F through L is just over here. | F-L开头的姓氏就在那边 |
[10:56] | – Give me a fucking takeout menu… – Okay, I’m off. | -快给我拿个那可以带走的表单 -我好了 |
[10:58] | …and I’ll vote with that. | 让我投票 |
[10:59] | We’re trying to get in and out of here. | 我们要快进快出 |
[11:00] | Of course. We actually met before, Ms. Gold. | 当然 其实我们之前见过 戈尔德女士 |
[11:03] | Andi Mueller. | 安迪·穆勒 |
[11:05] | Oh, nice to see you again. | 很高兴再见到你 |
[11:06] | Any comment on the article? | 关于那篇文章你有什么想说的吗 |
[11:08] | Will you be giving any statement? | 你会发表声明吗 |
[11:09] | Oh, my God. | 我的老天 |
[11:10] | No, no! | 不 不 |
[11:11] | Any comment on the Times article? | 你对《纽约时报》发表的文章有何看法 |
[11:12] | Nuh-uh-uh! No, no, no. | 没有没有没有 不 不 不 |
[11:14] | We’re not doing that today, guys. | 各位 我们今天无可奉告 |
[11:16] | We are not doing that. | 无可奉告 |
[11:18] | We’ve got a whole day of events to plan, | 我们有一整天的活动要策划 |
[11:20] | and we are so sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[11:21] | Standish, does your husband sell papers to undergraduates? | 斯丹迪施 你丈夫确实给本科生代写论文吗 |
[11:24] | We are not making a comment. | 我们无可奉告 |
[11:24] | I was going to comment on this later. | 稍后我会对此发表个人看法 |
[11:26] | However, I have not read the article, | 虽然我没有读过这篇文章 |
[11:29] | but I can tell you that there is not one word of truth to it. | 但我可以告诉你们 这里面没一句话是真的 |
[11:33] | You haven’t read it, so how do you know? | 既然你没读过 你怎么知道不是真的 |
[11:36] | – Nobody cares about this. – Well, I’m telling you otherwise, | -没人在乎这个 -我跟你们说了不是 |
[11:39] | so why are we still having this conversation? | 我们为什么还要继续这个话题 |
[11:42] | So, that’s your statement? The reporter is lying? | 这就是你的声明吗 报道是假的 |
[11:45] | This is why people don’t trust the media. | 这就是人们不相信媒体的的原因 |
[11:48] | You know that, right? | 你们知道的 对吧 |
[11:50] | Andi. | 安迪 |
[11:51] | What? Fuck them. This is bullshit. It’s bullshit. | 怎么了 去他妈的 这简直一派胡言 |
[11:57] | Hi there. | 你们好 |
[11:58] | Payton Hobart, Alice Charles. | 我是佩顿·霍巴特 这是艾丽斯·查尔斯 |
[11:59] | Okay, but the line starts outside. | 好 但你们要去外面排队入场 |
[12:01] | Okay, do you mind if we go ahead of you? | 好 你们介意我们插一下队吗 |
[12:03] | They don’t mind. All right. | 他们不介意 行了吧 |
[12:08] | How do you think this will affect voters? | 你认为这会对选民产生什么影响 |
[12:10] | Have you read the article? Care to comment? | 你读过这篇文章吗 对此有何见解 |
[12:13] | Hey, Payton! | 佩顿 |
[12:15] | Payton. | 佩顿 |
[12:16] | Would you care to comment on this morning’s Times article? | 你对今晨《纽约时报》发表的文章有何看法 |
[12:19] | Honestly, I haven’t read it. | 说实话 我还没看过 |
[12:20] | That’s bullshit. You fed ’em that story. | 谎话连篇 是你给他们投的稿 |
[12:23] | As a matter of fact, my fiancée and I just received | 事实上 我和我的未婚妻刚刚收到了 |
[12:25] | some very amazing news that we would love to share. | 一个大惊喜 我们很想和大家分享 |
[12:28] | Alice is pregnant. | 艾丽斯怀孕了 |
[12:29] | We’ll be expecting our first child next summer. | 明年夏天我们的第一个孩子就要出生了 |
[12:31] | Oh, for fuck’s sake. | 该死的 |
[12:33] | Congratulations. | 恭喜恭喜 |
[12:34] | Thank you. We’re very excited. | 谢谢 我们非常激动 |
[12:36] | Indeed, and today we have to say that | 确实 时至今日我们不得不说 |
[12:37] | we have our little one on our minds. | 我们要为小宝贝考虑未来 |
[12:39] | Right now, it is more important than ever | 现在比以往任何时候都更加重要 |
[12:41] | to be focusing not only on our generation | 我们不仅要关注我们这一代人 |
[12:43] | but on the next generation, | 更要关注下一代人 |
[12:44] | and the kind of planet that we are all gonna be handing to them. | 以及我们要留给下一代的这座星球 |
[12:47] | You know what? As a matter of fact, | 你们知道吗 事实上 |
[12:48] | – we were just looking at something. – Yes. | -我们刚刚又有了新想法 -没错 |
[12:50] | I’m gonna grab it real quick. | 我马上来拿一下 |
[12:50] | So, William Ward stating that | 威廉·沃德声称 |
[12:52] | he’s actually dating your campaign manager, | 他其实在和你的竞选主管约会 |
[12:54] | that’s untrue? | 这是谎言吗 |
[12:55] | I’m not gonna even dignify that question with a response. | 我甚至都不屑回答这个问题 |
[12:57] | This interview is over. Nonstory. | 采访到此结束 无可奉告 |
[12:58] | And the allegation that you and your husband | 还有对你和你丈夫 |
[13:00] | are sleeping with one of his students? | 跟他学生上床的指控呢 |
[13:02] | I’m not understanding anything that you just said. | 你刚才说的话我一个字也听不懂 |
[13:05] | Okay? Thank you. | 好吗 谢谢 |
[13:07] | So, as you can see, uh, this is a map of our entire planet | 如你们所见 这是一张世界地图 |
[13:09] | with a rise in global temperature of just four degrees Celsius. | 全球气温只上升了4摄氏度 |
[13:12] | Now, the lower 48: desert. | 但现在美国南部48%都是沙漠 |
[13:14] | Most of humanity will be forced to | 大多数人将会被迫 |
[13:15] | migrate to Canada, Alaska, Scandinavia. | 移民到加拿大 阿拉斯加 斯堪的纳维亚 |
[13:18] | Could not be more urgent. | 事态已经刻不容缓 |
[13:19] | Now is the time to take action, | 现在是采取行动的时候了 |
[13:21] | and, please, join us for our rally for climate action today, | 请加入我们今天的气候环保集会 |
[13:25] | three o’clock this afternoon | 今天下午三点 |
[13:26] | in Madison Square Park. | 在麦迪逊广场公园 |
[13:28] | All right, honey, what do you say? | 好了 亲爱的 你觉得呢 |
[13:29] | Shall we cast our ballots for climate action? | 我们要为气候变化行动投票吗 |
[13:31] | Yes. I’m ready to make a difference. | 嗯 我准备好改变世界了 |
[13:35] | Thanks so much. | 非常感谢 |
[13:37] | That was a shitshow. | 刚才简直是灾难 |
[13:39] | Why did you stop? | 你为什么停下了 |
[13:41] | Why didn’t you just say, | 你怎么不说 |
[13:42] | “Sorry, didn’t hear you. | “抱歉 没听到你 |
[13:43] | Left my hearing aids at home,” And walk the fuck out? | 我助听器放在家里了” 然后直接走掉 |
[13:46] | – I couldn’t just walk the fuck out. – Excuse me? | -我没法直接走掉 -什么 |
[13:48] | I had to say something. | 我必须说点什么 |
[13:49] | So you opted for | 所以你选择说 |
[13:50] | – “The New York Times is lying”? – Excuse me. | -“《纽约时报》在说谎” -打扰下 |
[13:53] | – Senator Standish. – We’re really in a hurry. | -斯丹迪施参议员 -我们赶时间 |
[13:55] | I’m sorry. Hi, my name is Andi Mueller. | 抱歉 你好 我叫安迪·穆勒 |
[13:58] | We’ve met a few times, and, um… | 我们见过几次 而且 |
[14:00] | – I’m on your Christmas card list. – Oh, yeah. | -我在你的圣诞贺卡名单上 -对 |
[14:02] | I do recognize you. | 我认得你 |
[14:05] | Well, I just wanted to tell you, | 我只想告诉你 |
[14:06] | and I’m sure you know this already, | 你肯定已经知道了 |
[14:08] | but voter turnout has been really high today, | 今天来投票的人很多 |
[14:10] | and we are seeing a lot of young people– | 我们看到了很多年轻人 |
[14:12] | Oh, please, for every young person who votes, | 得了吧 每有一个年轻人投票 |
[14:14] | there’ll be ten old farts! | 就有十个老人放屁 |
[14:16] | – Come on, let’s go. – Okay. | -我们走 -好 |
[14:18] | – My– – Andi, | -我的 -安迪 |
[14:20] | the good news is we are up by 15 points. | 好消息是我们领先15% |
[14:22] | It’s a little tighter than we expected, | 竞争比我们预想的更激烈 |
[14:23] | but don’t you worry, we are gonna win this thing. | 但是别担心 我们会赢的 |
[14:27] | So good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[14:29] | – That’s very– Yes? – Would you like | -这很… 什么事 -你想 |
[14:30] | to come to our victory party at our offices tonight? | 到我们办公室参加今晚的庆功派对吗 |
[14:33] | You’d be welcome. You know where we are. | 非常欢迎你 你知道我们在哪 |
[14:35] | – Up on 7th? – That’s right. Yes. | -第七大道上 -没错 |
[14:36] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:44] | Where does this go? | 这个该放哪 |
[14:45] | Uh, I’m not sure. | 我不清楚 |
[14:47] | You’ve never put together a camping shower before? | 你从没搭建过野营淋浴吗 |
[14:49] | No. Why would I? | 没有 为什么要有 |
[14:51] | I don’t know, you kinda have that | 不知道 你的长相就像是在说 |
[14:52] | “I did Outward Bound the summer of my freshman year” | “我大一时参加过拓展训练” |
[14:54] | or “I have a small coven with my friends, | 或者”我和我朋友有一个小聚会 |
[14:56] | and we spend weekends in the woods | 我们每年秋分 |
[14:57] | for the autumn equinox each year” Look. | 都会在林子里度过周末” |
[14:59] | Although, neither of those | 不过这两件事 |
[15:00] | sound like a trip where bathing’s a priority. | 听上去好像都不会太重视洗澡 |
[15:03] | I’m from the West Village. I went to Spence. | 我来自西村 我是斯宾塞女子学校毕业的 |
[15:06] | Sorry, I tend to put people in boxes | 抱歉 我常常不做尽职调查 |
[15:07] | without much due diligence. | 就以貌取人 |
[15:08] | I need to triage people immediately. | 我得立刻给人分类 |
[15:10] | “Is this a voter? For us? | “这人会投票吗 会投给我们吗 |
[15:11] | If they’re not, how do I make them a voter for us?” | 如果不是 我要怎么让他投给我们” |
[15:14] | So, uh, what’s exactly the plan here? | 所以计划到底是什么 |
[15:16] | I’m not entirely sure. | 我也不确定 |
[15:17] | I think Payton takes a freezing shower, | 大概就是佩顿洗一个冷水澡 |
[15:19] | and then we save and reuse the water, or something. I don’t know. | 然后我们再利用洗澡水之类的吧 我也不知道 |
[15:22] | Some of that zero-waste bullshit that people love. | 人们热爱的零浪费狗屁 |
[15:24] | And it’s one of those great viral photo ops | 就是媒体不停使用的 |
[15:26] | that the media can’t stop themselves from using. | 那种超火的宣传照 |
[15:29] | Exit polling is all over the place. | 出口民调众说纷纭 |
[15:32] | – Oh, is that bad? – No, no, no. | -这是坏事吗 -不不 |
[15:33] | It’s good. Usually, in a race like this | 这很好 通常在这样的竞选中 |
[15:35] | with a strong incumbent, the exit polling’s clear. | 一个强大的在职者 会让出口民调很清晰明了 |
[15:37] | The fact she’s not crushing us is telling. | 但她并没碾压我们就很说明问题 |
[15:40] | – How’s it going here? – Trouble with the assembly. | -你们这边怎么样了 -组装遇到了麻烦 |
[15:42] | – She doesn’t know how to build one? – No. | -她不知道怎么搭建吗 -是的 |
[15:44] | Really? You never backpacked the Appalachian Trail | 真的吗 你没有去阿巴拉契亚山道徒步过吗 |
[15:46] | or did a chain-yourself-to-a-tree protest? | 或者把自己绑在树上进行抗议 |
[15:49] | No, and she didn’t do Outward Bound either. | 没有 她也没有参加过拓展训练 |
[15:52] | I’m gonna go find an Allen wrench. | 我去找一个通用扳手 |
[15:58] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[16:00] | If doing stuff like this didn’t poll well, | 如果做这样的事不能提升你的民调 |
[16:03] | would you still be doing it? | 你还会做吗 |
[16:05] | Are you asking me if I care about the environment | 你是在问我是否关心环境 |
[16:07] | and the future of the planet you and I inherit? | 以及你我继承的地球未来吗 |
[16:09] | Of course. It’s the centerpiece of my campaign. | 当然 这是我竞选的宗旨 |
[16:11] | Yeah, but… | 嗯 可是 |
[16:12] | it didn’t start that way. | 开始并不是这样的 |
[16:14] | You started out talking about the subway | 你一开始谈论的是地铁 |
[16:16] | and how Dede was out of touch | 以及迪迪不了解 |
[16:17] | with the working-class people of New York, | 纽约工人阶级的最新情况 |
[16:19] | and then suddenly, it was all about the environment. | 然后突然间 你就开始谈论环境了 |
[16:21] | Well, campaigns evolve. Candidates evolve. | 竞选会发展 候选人也会变换 |
[16:23] | Look, I can honestly say | 我可以坦诚说 |
[16:24] | I’ve always wanted to win the race, but I wasn’t inspired | 我一直想要赢得竞选 但直到我开始 |
[16:27] | until I started talking about the environment. | 谈论环境以后 我才受到了启发 |
[16:29] | When you started winning. | 在你开始获胜的时候 |
[16:31] | All right. You wanna have the adult conversation about this? | 好了 你想就这问题进行成人对话 |
[16:33] | It’s both, okay? | 两者都有 好吗 |
[16:35] | I believe we’re in a climate emergency | 我相信我们处于一个气候危机中 |
[16:37] | and our political leaders have failed | 而我们的政治领袖无视它 |
[16:38] | the younger generation by ignoring it, so if… | 辜负了年轻一代 所以 |
[16:43] | when I win, I will commit to focusing on that issue | 我获胜的话 我会全情投入到这个问题上 |
[16:46] | because there is really no problem that’s more all-encompassing. | 因为没什么问题比这个更包罗万象 |
[16:49] | And the only way I’m gonna win this race | 而我赢得竞选的唯一方式 |
[16:51] | is to get young people to vote. | 就是让年轻人投票 |
[16:52] | And the only thing that truly inspires young people | 而唯一能激励年轻人 |
[16:54] | to get off their buns and actually vote | 行动起来 参与投票的事 |
[16:56] | is climate change. | 就是气候变化 |
[16:58] | If that issue was economic inequality | 如果是经济不平等 |
[17:00] | or, like, guns, or the subway, | 枪支或地铁 |
[17:02] | I’d still spend my life fighting to save the planet, | 我仍然会为拯救地球而战斗 |
[17:04] | but, no, I probably would not be | 但是 不 我或许不会… |
[17:06] | taking a cold shower in Madison Square. | 在麦迪逊广场洗冷水浴 |
[17:10] | There’s probably a YouTube how-to for this. | 油管上大概有组装教程 |
[17:16] | The line was– was a bit ridiculous, | 排拍得…长的吓人 |
[17:19] | but I found it was a good time to, like, | 但我意识到该好好考虑 |
[17:22] | think about what I heard today… | 我今天所听到的事了… |
[17:24] | Get that idiot on the phone. | 给那个傻瓜打电话 |
[17:25] | I can’t. Well, I can’t– I can’t get him on the phone, | 我没办法 我没办法给他打电话 |
[17:27] | because he’s stalling. | 因为他拖着不接 |
[17:45] | Hey, would it be possible | 你好 我能不能 |
[17:47] | for me to talk to Hadassah or Dede? | 和哈达莎或者迪迪说句话吗 |
[17:49] | Not a problem. | 没问题 |
[17:50] | They love to talk to randos | 她们愿意和不认识 |
[17:52] | who look like Upper West Side therapists | 但看着像上西区那些 |
[17:54] | who incorporate macramé into their sessions. | 把绳结引入她们心理治疗中的咨询师谈话 |
[18:00] | Um, I spoke with them this morning. | 我今天早上和她们聊过 |
[18:03] | I– I volunteer as an election judge– | 我志愿去做监票员… |
[18:05] | I don’t trust people who are willing to work for no money. | 我不信任那些愿意不拿钱去干活的人 |
[18:08] | I mean, what’s in it for them? | 他们图什么呢 |
[18:10] | This is ugly. | 这个太丑了 |
[18:12] | I believe in Senator Standish, | 我相信斯丹迪施参议员 |
[18:14] | – and I want her to win. – So do I. | -我希望她赢 -我也是 |
[18:16] | Though I’d trade victory | 尽管我愿意用胜利 |
[18:18] | for a slow-motion video of Hadassah’s face | 交换我们听到败选消息时 |
[18:20] | when she hears that we lost. | 哈达莎的脸部慢镜头 |
[18:32] | You don’t recycle here? | 你们这不搞垃圾分类回收吗 |
[18:33] | I’ve toured the recycling centers in this city. | 我去过本市的垃圾回收中心 |
[18:36] | Let me peel back that curtain for ya. It’s a scam. | 我来告诉你真相吧 那就是个骗局 |
[18:40] | Most of the stuff ends up in the same landfill | 绝大多数的东西最后还是被埋到同一个填埋场 |
[18:42] | or lodged in some whale’s anus. | 或者卡到了一条鲸鱼的屁眼里 |
[18:45] | No fight, no flight. | 不要吵 不要逃 |
[18:47] | – Come on. Let’s go. – We need to get the van. | -来吧 我们走 -我们得搞到那辆大车 |
[18:48] | Okay, we need to get the van? | 我们得搞到那辆面包车 |
[18:50] | and get those 75 votes at the retirement home. | 去运养老院那75个选民 |
[18:54] | – Senator Standish? – Yes. | -斯丹迪施参议员 -嗯 |
[18:55] | Hi. It’s, uh– It’s Andi. | 是我… 安迪 |
[18:58] | Do you have a van? | 你有面包车吗 |
[18:59] | No, uh… | 没有… |
[19:00] | – I live in the city, I don’t drive a car. – Oh, I know you. | -我住在市里 我不开车 -我认出你了 |
[19:03] | You are the one who tried to warn us about the voter turnout problem. | 你是警告我们投票率问题的人 |
[19:05] | You said there wasn’t a turnout problem. | 你说投票率没有问题 |
[19:07] | – Well… – Well… | -那个嘛… -那个嘛… |
[19:09] | – We were wrong. – …it turned out it was a problem. | -我们错了 -结果投票率确实是个问题 |
[19:10] | Marcus, pick up. | 马科斯 快接电话 |
[19:12] | It’s young people. | 是年轻人 |
[19:13] | I was working the voting station all morning. | 我一上午都在投票站干活 |
[19:15] | It’s two voters under 30 to every one over 50. | 30岁以下的选民和50岁以上的是二比一 |
[19:17] | – Oh, God. – My daughter is a student at NYU. | -我的天 -我女儿是纽约大学的学生 |
[19:19] | 美国历史上任期最长的国会议员共和党 退休时已有一百岁 曾坚决反对公民权利法案 | |
[19:19] | To them, you and Strom Thurmond | 在她们眼里 你和斯特罗姆·瑟蒙德的 |
[19:22] | might as well have the same policies and beliefs. | 差不多是一样的政治主张和政策 |
[19:24] | You’re some old lady who doesn’t understand what’s important. | 你不过是个老妇人 根本不清楚什么才重要 |
[19:27] | Excuse me, we have been fighting for progressive causes | 不好意思 从她们还没出生起 |
[19:29] | since, frankly, before they were born. | 我们就在为进步事业奋斗了 |
[19:31] | Oh, I know that, but they don’t. | 我知道 可她们不了解 |
[19:33] | Look, lots of kids voted today. There are lots that didn’t. | 有好多孩子今天去投票了 还有好多没去 |
[19:36] | Go down to her campus. Show your face. | 去她的学校 去亮个相 |
[19:39] | Get them to vote for you. | 让他们投票给你 |
[19:40] | Convince one, and they will bring ten with them. | 说服一个人 他们就会去拉十个人一起去 |
[19:47] | Little retail politics. | 到基层去搞竞选 |
[19:48] | Just like the old days. | 就像过去一样 |
[19:52] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[19:53] | – And you’re coming with us. – Really? | -你要和我们一起去 -真的 |
[19:55] | Yeah, come on. Just come. | 来吧 一起去吧 |
[19:56] | – Yeah? – Get in. Get in the car. | -真的 -上去 上车 |
[20:00] | How long have we been in this car? | 我们在车里待了多久了 |
[20:02] | This is not a good idea. | 这可不太好 |
[20:03] | Should we just get out and walk? | 我们是不是该下车走过去 |
[20:05] | We’re, like, ten blocks away. | 只有十个街区而已 |
[20:07] | – That’s a good idea. – Oh! That’s a very good idea. | -好主意 -这真是个好主意 |
[20:09] | Where are my Easy Spirits? | 我的逸思步呢 |
[20:11] | Don’t you have them? | 你没带着吗 |
[20:12] | – Why would I have them? – Because they’re your shoes. | -我为什么要带着 -因为是你的鞋啊 |
[20:15] | For three decades, | 三十年来 |
[20:17] | you’ve run my campaigns, you’ve been my press secretary, | 你一直负责我的竞选活动 一直是我的新闻发言人 |
[20:19] | you’ve edited my speeches, | 一直是你修改我的演讲稿 |
[20:21] | you have carried my goddamn lipstick | 一直是你拿着我的口红 |
[20:23] | and my Easy Spirit walking shoes. | 和逸思步的休闲鞋啊 |
[20:26] | Did I miss the memo where you decided to change | 难道你决定修改你工作内容的备忘录 |
[20:29] | your job description? | 被我漏掉了 |
[20:30] | Forgive me, Dede, | 原谅我 迪迪 |
[20:32] | I’m just the tiniest bit distracted | 因为我们可能真的会 |
[20:34] | by the fact we may actually, shockingly, | 意想不到地 被一帮自命不凡的 |
[20:36] | lose this election to a bunch of entitled, | 占领道德制高点的小顽童打败 |
[20:38] | virtue-signaling little brats | 我有一点点分心了 |
[20:41] | who want to reforest Manhattan | 他们居然想要在曼哈顿植树造林 |
[20:43] | and slap a beehive on the rooftop of every tenement in town! | 还想在每栋房子弄一个蜂巢 |
[20:47] | Oh, my God, how do you counter such inauthentic bullshit? | 天啊 该怎么回击这些不切实际的狗屁想法呢 |
[20:51] | It’s not bullshit to young people. | 对年轻人来说这不是狗屁想法 |
[20:54] | My daughter cares about the health of the planet | 我女儿对地球健康的关心 |
[20:57] | more than she cares about her own economic future. | 超过她对自己未来经济状况的关心 |
[20:59] | Unlike us. | 和我们不同 |
[21:01] | I mean, your generation, my generation. | 和你们那一代 我这一代不同 |
[21:04] | She– She literally does not care | 她… 她真的根本不在乎 |
[21:05] | if she never owns a house or a car. | 她买不起房子或者汽车 |
[21:08] | She just wants to make sure she has clean air and water, | 她只想确保她拥有清洁的空气和水 |
[21:10] | and that we don’t end up with a climate refugee crisis | 还有五年内我们不会沦为 |
[21:13] | in five years, | 气候难民 |
[21:14] | which we authentically might. | 这点我们还真有可能 |
[21:16] | Well, that’s not our fault. | 那也不是我们造成的 |
[21:18] | It… kind of is. | 还…真有点关系 |
[21:20] | Look, missy, when I was your daughter’s age, | 姑娘你听着 我像你女儿那么大时 |
[21:22] | I fought for selfless, unattainable goals too. | 我也为无私的不切实际的目标奋斗过 |
[21:25] | I burnt my bra. I marched against the war. | 我烧掉了我的胸罩 我参加反战游行 |
[21:28] | I saved the manatees. | 我去拯救海牛 |
[21:29] | I spawned with the fricking salmon, okay? | 我去和他妈的三文鱼一起产卵 |
[21:32] | There is a bald eagle in Central Park | 中央公园里有一只秃鹰 |
[21:34] | that wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for Senator Standish. | 如果不是斯丹迪施参议员 它就不会出现在那儿 |
[21:37] | I love the environment. | 我热爱环境 |
[21:39] | I have fought for it, | 我一直在为之奋斗 |
[21:41] | and I am really delighted to know that | 我真的很开心知道 |
[21:44] | the young people are energized about it, | 年轻人如此关心环境 |
[21:46] | but they shouldn’t be in charge. | 但是他们不应该掌权 |
[21:48] | They should be part of the conversation, of course, sure, | 他们应该参与到对话中来 当然可以 |
[21:50] | but they should not be in charge. | 但他们不应该掌权 |
[21:52] | They just shouldn’t be. | 他们就是不应该 |
[21:54] | Passion is wonderful. | 有热情很好 |
[21:56] | I also have experience. | 而我还有经验 |
[21:58] | I am very experienced, | 丰富的经验 |
[22:00] | and I have discipline. | 我也懂纪律 |
[22:01] | And passion without experience and discipline | 没有经验和纪律的热情 |
[22:04] | is chaos. | 是混乱 |
[22:05] | Anarchy, okay? | 无政府状态 懂吗 |
[22:09] | What? | 什么 |
[22:11] | Oh, yes, hello, Mr. Mayor. | 是的 你好 市长先生 |
[22:14] | Hold for Senator Standish. | 等一下 我让斯丹迪施参议员接听 |
[22:16] | Hello, Bill. | 你好 比尔 |
[22:18] | Well, it’s a little closer than any of us would like. | 情况比我们大家想的都要激烈 |
[22:21] | Okay, wha– | 好的 什么 |
[22:23] | Oh, hold– hold on. | 等下 等一下 |
[22:24] | We’re not there yet. | 我们还没到呢 |
[22:37] | That’s right, | 没错 |
[22:38] | because we care about the next generation | 因为我们在意下一代 |
[22:40] | and the next, and the next, and the next, | 还有下下下一代 |
[22:42] | and that is why we are going to cast a vote for change today. | 所以我们今天要为了改变 投出这一票 |
[22:50] | Because we have ten years to save the world, | 因为我们只有十年的时间来拯救世界 |
[22:52] | and if we are willing to fight and never stop fighting, | 如果我们愿意为之永远奋斗下去 |
[22:55] | then we can save this planet. | 我们就能拯救这颗星球 |
[22:57] | We don’t have to wait around for the change! | 我们不必等待改变发生 |
[22:59] | We are the change! | 我们就是改变 |
[23:03] | We will do whatever we can | 我们会竭尽所能 |
[23:04] | to stop this planet from warming | 阻止这颗星球变暖 |
[23:05] | because today is the day that we save the world. | 因为今天是我们拯救世界的日子 |
[23:08] | 佩顿·霍巴特 参选纽约州参议院 | |
[23:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:14] | And now to prove to each and every one of you here today | 现在为了向今天到场的每个人证明 |
[23:17] | how excited I am for a new, | 我有多开心看到 |
[23:20] | very chilled planet, | 一颗降温崭新的星球 |
[23:22] | I am going to do the thing | 我要去做一件 |
[23:23] | that I hate more than anything else in the world. | 我在这个世界上最讨厌的事 |
[23:26] | I am going to take a freezing cold shower, | 我要洗个冰凉的冷水澡 |
[23:28] | and then I am going to recycle that gray water! | 然后回收那些脏水 |
[23:34] | All right. | 好了 |
[23:35] | This is for real, everybody. | 这是真的 各位 |
[23:37] | It is 31 degrees outside, | 现在的气温是零下一度 |
[23:39] | and that water is coming right out of that tap, okay? | 水会直接从那个喷头里出来 |
[23:45] | 气候行动 就是现在 | |
[23:48] | How is it, Payton? How is it? | 怎么样 佩顿 感觉怎么样 |
[23:50] | Okay. Um… it is very cold, indeed. | 好的 确实很冷 |
[23:53] | All right, the polls close at 9:00 p.m. | 好了 投票会在下午九点截止 |
[23:55] | Thank you all for coming. | 感谢大家来到这里 |
[23:56] | Let’s change the world, everybody. God bless! | 让我们改变世界吧 各位 上帝保佑 |
[23:58] | 气候行动 一场我们能打赢的仗 霍巴特 | |
[24:02] | Okay, all right. Let’s go. | 好了 走吧 |
[24:05] | Go, Payton! | 佩顿加油 |
[24:22] | Name, please. | 请问下姓名 |
[24:23] | Andi Mueller. | 安迪·穆勒 |
[24:42] | 迪迪·斯丹迪施 现任参议员 佩顿·霍巴特 学生 其他候选人 | |
[24:51] | – Sweetheart. – What? | -亲爱的 -怎么了 |
[24:55] | Come here. | 过来 |
[24:58] | Come here. | 过来 |
[25:04] | Oh, sweetie, I’m so sorry about this morning. | 宝贝 我为今早的事道歉 |
[25:07] | Mom, it’s okay. | 妈妈 没关系 |
[25:09] | No, it’s not. | 不 有关系 |
[25:11] | I said some stuff I really didn’t like. | 我说了一些伤人的话 |
[25:13] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[25:15] | I’m so proud of you. | 你太让我骄傲了 |
[25:18] | And I… | 我 |
[25:19] | …I want us to be able to disagree and not turn it into a fight. | 我希望我们就算有不同意见 也不要互相争执 |
[25:22] | – It’s fine, Mom. – No, it isn’t. | -没事的 妈妈 -不 有事 |
[25:25] | If I let politics come between us, | 如果我让政治离间我们 |
[25:28] | I am part of the problem. | 那说明我也是问题的一部分 |
[25:30] | We both are. | 我们都是 |
[25:31] | We have to listen to one another | 我们要互相倾听 |
[25:33] | and respect one another, and I didn’t do that. | 互相尊重 但我没做到 |
[25:36] | Well, I didn’t either, so it’s okay. | 我也没做到 所以没关系 |
[25:39] | Promise me we’re not gonna do that again. | 答应我 我们别再这样了 |
[25:41] | – Okay? – Breaking news now from the politics desk. | -好吗 -政治部突发新闻 |
[25:43] | Oh, my God, Mom. | 我的天啊 妈妈 |
[25:44] | – What? – The returns are in. | -怎么了 -结果出来了 |
[25:45] | …the New York 27th Senate District, | 纽约参议院第27选区 |
[25:47] | where Dede Standish is attempting to hold off a– | 迪迪·斯丹迪施企图抵挡住… |
[25:50] | Mom, what are you doing? | 妈妈 你在做什么 |
[25:51] | – They’re gonna announce who won. – I know. | -他们要宣布赢家了 -我知道 |
[25:55] | But whoever wins, | 但是不管谁胜出 |
[25:58] | I want you to know that I know you were right. | 我都想让你知道 我相信你是对的 |
[26:01] | We had our shot, | 我们这代人 |
[26:03] | my generation, | 也曾尝试过 |
[26:05] | and we screwed it up. | 但我们搞砸了 |
[26:07] | We left you with… | 我们给你们留下了 |
[26:10] | an impossible situation, | 难以挽回的残局 |
[26:12] | and I am so deeply, deeply, deeply sorry for that. | 我对此感到非常非常抱歉 |
[26:16] | It’s your turn now. | 现在该你们上场了 |
[26:20] | Oh, my God, you didn’t. | 我的天啊 你不是吧 |
[26:22] | Yep. | 是的 |
[26:23] | I did. | 我是 |
[26:26] | I voted for Payton. | 我投了佩顿 |
[26:27] | Oh, my God, Mom! | 我的天啊 妈妈 |
[26:29] | Thank you so much! | 太感谢你了 |
[26:31] | I’m so happy! | 我真高兴 |
[26:33] | Oh, I love you, sweetheart. | 我爱你 宝贝 |
[26:34] | I love you too, Mom. | 我也爱你 妈妈 |
[26:36] | – Now, turn on the TV. I wanna see who won. – Okay. | -现在把电视打开吧 我想看看谁赢了 -好的 |