时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:15] | Allan Daley Allan Daley. | |
[00:16] | Lindsay Dole. Is she in there? | Lindsay Dole 她在里面吗 |
[00:17] | Yeap. | 在 |
[00:20] | We are holding her on suspicion of smuggling. | 我们怀疑她走私而扣留她 |
[00:23] | I hope you have a strong stomach, | 希望你的胃能挺得住 |
[00:24] | it’s not exactly a four star hotel. | 这里可不是四星级酒店 |
[00:44] | They are all swallowers here. | 这些人都是吞毒者 |
[00:46] | We bring them here straight from the terminal. | 直接从机场转到这里来的 |
[00:55] | Miss Cortez, my name is Lindsay Dole. | Cortez小姐 我叫Lindsay Dole |
[00:57] | Do you speak English? | 你会说英语吗 |
[00:58] | A little. Thank you for coming. | 会一点儿 谢谢你过来 |
[01:01] | Have they arrested you? | 他们正式逮捕你了吗 |
[01:09] | (Spanish)Have they arrested you? | 【西班牙语】他们正式逮捕你了吗 |
[01:11] | No. They ask questions and bring me here. | 没有 他们问了些问题就把我带到这里来了 |
[01:16] | Are you OK? | 你没事吧 |
[01:17] | Yes. | 没事 |
[01:20] | You have fever! | 你发烧了 |
[01:21] | No! I am not sick! | 没有 我没病 |
[01:22] | I disagree. | 你肯定病了 |
[01:23] | Oh My God, your stomach. It’s like a rock! | 上帝 你的胃 硬得像块石头 |
[01:25] | I am gonna get you a doctor, OK? | 我帮你叫医生 好吗 |
[01:27] | No! Please. No doctors. No doctors. | 不用 拜托 不要医生 不要医生 |
[01:48] | She needs to go to a hospital. | 她得去医院 |
[01:49] | They won’t let her go? | 他们不让她去吗 |
[01:50] | No, they won’t let her go. | 是的 他们不让她去 |
[01:51] | Not before she has a bowel movement. | 除非她把肚子里的东西排出来 |
[01:52] | Can’t let that happen Lindsay. If she takes | 你要阻止他们 Lindsay 如果她做了 |
[01:55] | How much cocaine did this woman swallow? | 她吞了多少可卡因 |
[01:57] | I don’t know facts. | 我不清楚细节 |
[01:58] | I am just told to get you down | 他们只是叫我接你来 |
[01:59] | to protect this woman’s constitutional rights. | 保护这个女人的宪法权利 |
[02:01] | Yeah, let’s hear it for civil liberties. | 是啊 保护公民自由 |
[02:04] | If she cracks we are dead! | 要是她撑不住 我们就死定了 |
[02:59] | All right. Eugene? I just called him. | 好吧 Eugene吗 我刚给他打了电话 |
[03:02] | He’s on his way, he should be here any second. | 他在路上了 稍后就到 |
[03:04] | Whatever you do, don’t let them give her any coffee. | 无论如何 别让他们给她喝咖啡 |
[03:07] | I won’t, but Bobby, I think she needs medical treatment. | 我知道 不过Bobby 我认为她需要治疗 |
[03:10] | She needs a doctor! | 她需要医生 |
[03:12] | No. No doctors. | 不 不要医生 |
[03:15] | We are gonna need some fast research | 我们要立即研究一下有关 |
[03:17] | on probable cause and customs. | 正当诉由和海关方面的法律 |
[03:18] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[03:22] | Bye. | 再见 |
[03:22] | Get this woman to a hospital. | 送她去医院 |
[03:25] | Get this woman to a hospital right now | 送她去医院 马上 |
[03:28] | or you are all looking at manslaughter. | 否则你们全都涉嫌非蓄谋杀人 |
[03:29] | You think I am kidding?! | 你以为我说着玩的吗 |
[03:32] | I don’t care! You don’t let them do anything invasive! | 我不管 你不能让他们做任何侵入性治疗 |
[03:35] | She’s in trouble. | 她情况危急 |
[03:36] | She’s refusing treatment, just ask her. Ask Benny! | 她拒绝治疗 你自己问她吧 问问Benny |
[03:41] | That could be a health risk. | 这样会危害她的健康 |
[03:42] | That could be a conflict of interest. | 会有利益冲突 |
[03:44] | Lindsay she is refusing medical treatment. | Lindsay 她拒绝治疗 |
[03:46] | Yeah, because Aikman has her too scared. | 是 因为她怕死Aikman了 |
[03:48] | All right, let them treat the symptoms but nothing invasive. | 好吧 但只能做对症治疗 不准探查 |
[03:51] | Pills, IVs is fine but no X-rays. | 可以吃药 输液 但不许照X光 |
[03:54] | That’s the client’s wish. | 这是当事人的意思 |
[03:55] | Fine! | 知道了 |
[03:58] | She better do what she’s told. | 她最好乖乖听话 |
[04:01] | Who you are talking about, the lawyer or the mule? | 你说谁呢 律师还是运毒的 |
[04:05] | Both! | 她们俩 |
[04:09] | Basically our lawyer just dropped us. | 可以说 我们的律师抛弃了我们 |
[04:11] | Five weeks before the trial. | 还有五个星期就开庭了 |
[04:13] | One week before summary judgment hearing. | 还有一个星期就是简易判决听证 |
[04:15] | Did he give you a reason why? | 他有没有说为什么 |
[04:17] | He said we had no case. | 他说我们没有证据 |
[04:22] | Cancer cluster? | 癌症群 |
[04:24] | They all live near the power lines in Madfield. | 他们全都住在Madfield的输电线附近 |
[04:27] | They sued the state. | 他们起诉了州政府 |
[04:28] | No offer? | 被告不肯和解 |
[04:29] | Not a penny! It’s going to trial. | 一分钱都不愿赔 只能上庭 |
[04:31] | Lawyer dropped them yesterday. | 他们的律师昨天退出了 |
[04:33] | It sounds like a major dog, Jimmy. | 听起来挺棘手 Jimmy |
[04:35] | I wouldn’t touch it. | 是我的话就不会碰 |
[04:37] | Yeah. | 我知道 |
[04:40] | Maybe I’ll just meet with this lawyer. | 我就跟他们的律师见个面 |
[04:42] | I want a complete workup and abdominal x-rays! | 我要求对她做全身检查和照腹部X光 |
[04:45] | No, no X-rays, | 不 不照X光 |
[04:46] | in fact Under Montoya, you can’t even hold her without… | 我甚至反对你们羁押她 在没有 |
[04:48] | She met the profile. | 她符合羁押条件 |
[04:49] | She was evasive in respond. | 她回答问题时吞吞吐吐的 |
[04:51] | Evasive gets you detention, | 那你也只能拘留她 |
[04:52] | not custody and certainly not test. | 不能逮捕 当然也不能检测 |
[04:53] | Fourth Amendment, hear of that? | 第四修正案 没听过么 |
[04:55] | X-ray hardly constitutes invasive.. | X光根本不能算侵入性 |
[04:57] | Who are those people? | 他们是干什么的 |
[04:58] | current pressure is 94 over 45. Temperature is 103.4 | 目前血压94/45 体温103.4 |
[05:05] | Let’s get an NG as fast as we can. | 立即做NG检查 |
[05:07] | My client has not consented to invasive treatment. | 我的当事人不接受任何侵入性的医学治疗 |
[05:10] | All of you people. Out of here! Now! | 你们所有的人 都出去 马上 |
[05:12] | Miss Cortez is in the custody of the customs. | Cortez小姐已经被海关逮捕 |
[05:14] | If she’s in custody then read her rights, | 如果她已经被逮捕 那就向她宣读权利 |
[05:15] | otherwise she has asked be released. | 否则她要求释放 |
[05:17] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[05:19] | In case you haven’t noticed this is an emergency room. | 没看到这里是急救室吗 |
[05:21] | Doctors work here. | 别耽误医生救人 |
[05:23] | And as this woman’s lawyer | 作为她的律师 |
[05:24] | I am telling you do what you can to reduce fever, | 我要求你尽力帮她退烧 |
[05:26] | but nothing evasive and no X-rays. | 但不许做任何侵入性治疗 不许照X光 |
[05:34] | Eugene’s here with me now, | Eugene在我这里 |
[05:35] | they had her at the airport how long? | 他们在机场扣留了她多久 |
[05:37] | Three days. The blockage is causing as infection. | 三天 理由是传染病 |
[05:39] | They’ve stabilized her fever, but that’s it. | 他们控制住了发热 但仅此而已 |
[05:41] | Plus, I’ve got a US attorney | 而且我这边还有个联邦检察官 |
[05:42] | hovering like a bat pushing for x-rays. | 像只蝙蝠似的追着要求照X光 |
[05:44] | What have they got? | 他们弄到什么没有 |
[05:45] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[05:45] | They did luggage, body cavity at the airport, | 他们在机场搜查了行李 做了直肠检查 |
[05:47] | didn’t find anything. | 什么都没找到 |
[05:48] | That’s it. | 就这些 |
[05:49] | She’s not letting them touch her. | 她不让他们碰她 |
[05:50] | Okay, it’s been three days, she’s not at the airport anymore, | 好 已经三天了 她现在已经出了机场 |
[05:53] | let’s challenge the detention. | 我们可以对扣留提出异议 |
[05:54] | Put off the x-rays as invasive, I’m on my way. | 以侵入性为由阻止照X光 我马上到 |
[05:57] | How much do you think she swallowed? | 你觉得她吞了多少 |
[06:00] | Could have been 60-70 condoms. Fun day. | 可能有六七十个避孕套的毒品吧 真滑稽 |
[06:05] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[06:07] | I’d like to speak to an attorney. | 我想找个律师咨询一下 |
[06:09] | Actually, I’m a little busy right now. | 老实说 我现在有点忙 |
[06:11] | So if you’d like to take a seat outside | 如果你愿意在外面先坐一会 |
[06:12] | I have a friend, a very close friend | 我有个朋友 关系很铁的朋友 |
[06:16] | who might be in need of some legal consult. | 他可能需要法律咨询 |
[06:19] | Well, maybe he should come in. | 呃 那他应该自己来 |
[06:20] | Yes, and he would, | 是 他原本要来的 |
[06:22] | but for certain concerns, issues of security and the like. | 但出于某些原因 人身安全之类的 |
[06:27] | you understand fully when you hear his uh situation. | 你会明白的 等你了解了他的情况 |
[06:36] | sir? hello? | 先生 喂 |
[06:39] | See this Is where the like to hide them, the listening devices. | 瞧 他们喜欢把东西藏在这里 窃听器 |
[06:44] | I’ll tell you what, Mr | 听我说 先生怎么称呼 |
[06:47] | Feldberg. That’s his name. | Feldberg 这是他的名字 |
[06:50] | See that’s my friend’s name. | 是我朋友的名字 |
[06:53] | We’re actually pretty booked up right now, | 其实我们现在忙不过来 |
[06:55] | so I don’t think our firm will be able to help you, so | 我觉得我们事务所帮不了你 所以 |
[06:57] | The Celtic rarely dribbles at nightfall. | 凯尔特人傍晚很少出门 |
[07:04] | It’s you? | 是你 |
[07:05] | You’re the one who’s been writing us those crazy letters? | 是你一直给我们寄那些莫名其妙的信 |
[07:08] | And the cheque, mind you, the 5,000 dollar cheque. | 还有支票 别忘了 5000美元的支票 |
[07:10] | Which we have not deposited. | 我们没去兑现 |
[07:12] | Please, deposit it. | 拜托 快去兑现 |
[07:13] | Mr. Donnell, I am Samuel Feldberg, | Donnell先生 我是Samuel Feldberg |
[07:17] | And I would like to retain your firm to represent me, | 我想聘请你们事务所为我辩护 |
[07:21] | I’m in a lot of trouble. | 我 我有大麻烦 |
[07:40] | The ampicillin and fluids have her on hold for now, | 盘尼西林和输液 暂时让她稳定下来 |
[07:43] | but we can’t do anything | 但除非查清楚她吞的是什么 |
[07:45] | until we know what she ingested. | 否则我们什么都做不了 |
[07:48] | Doctor, we’re not sure that she’s ingested anything. | 医生 我们不确定她有没有吞东西 |
[07:53] | Yeah, right. | 哦 是吗 |
[08:01] | Teresa? How you feeling, you okay? | Teresa 你觉得怎样 还好吗 |
[08:04] | Yes, thank you. Mr. Aikman sent you? | 还好 谢谢你 是Aikman先生派你来的 |
[08:10] | I’m representing you. | 我现在是你的律师 |
[08:12] | Please, you tell him, Teresa has been good. | 请告诉他 Teresa知道该怎么做 |
[08:17] | I know. He knows. | 我知道 他也知道 |
[08:19] | He has the money for me? | 他付钱给我没有 |
[08:24] | We’ll talk about that later, okay? | 我们迟些再谈这个 好吗 |
[08:26] | You rest now. | 你先休息 |
[08:32] | Hi, Teresa, how are you feeling today? | 你好 Teresa 今天感觉怎么样 |
[08:34] | I’d like you to release my client. | 我要求你放了我的当事人 |
[08:36] | That’s a decision for the customs service. | 放不放人只能由海关来决定 |
[08:38] | Unless they have probable cause sufficient to justify an arrest | 除非他们有充分的正当诉由来逮捕她 |
[08:45] | Nurse! | 护士 |
[08:52] | Are you going to let your client die? | 你打算让你的当事人等死吗 |
[08:54] | You’re concerned about her health, Mr. Daley? | 你真关心她的死活吗 Daley先生 |
[08:56] | Let her go and she’ll hit the toilet. | 放她走 她就可以上厕所了 |
[08:58] | If she agrees to flip her contact, I’ll get her immunity. | 如果她同意供出接头人 我可以给她豁免 |
[09:06] | You represent the boss. | 你是她老板的律师 |
[09:09] | Seems you have a conflict. | 看来有利益冲突 |
[09:19] | Many years ago I committed a terrible crime. | 很多年以前 我犯过一个严重的罪行 |
[09:24] | For 25 years I’ve been a fugitive from justice. | 这25年来我一直是个逃犯 |
[09:28] | I’m ready to pay for what I did, I’m ready to turn myself in. | 现在我准备承担责任 我准备去自首 |
[09:33] | Will you help me do that? | 你可以帮我吗 |
[09:34] | Well, what did you do? | 呃 你犯了什么事 |
[09:37] | Fowler University. | Fowler大学 |
[09:39] | They were doing research for the government. | 他们当时在为政府做研究项目 |
[09:42] | They were projecting civilian casualties for a war that was illegal. | 他们计划为一场非法的战争牺牲无辜平民 |
[09:49] | Well, I found out and I detonated one of their facilities. | 被我发现了 于是我炸掉了他们其中一处设施 |
[09:54] | Was anybody killed? | 死人了吗 |
[09:56] | Not to my knowledge, | 据我所知没有 |
[09:57] | I mean, the building was supposed to be empty at the time, | 那栋楼当时应该没人 |
[10:00] | but they were talking about murder and attempted murder. | 但他们说我涉嫌谋杀和谋杀未遂 |
[10:04] | They could charge me with anything they wanted to, | 他们可以给我个莫须有的罪名 |
[10:06] | so I went underground. | 所以我就逃了 |
[10:07] | All there years. | 逃了这么多年 |
[10:08] | I’d be willing to stop running, but only for a deal. | 我不想再逃了 但前提是跟他们和解 |
[10:13] | I’d have to look into it. | 我得先了解案情 |
[10:15] | I should warn you, there is risk involved. | 我有必要警告你 这件事非常危险 |
[10:21] | The damage that we did, what we exposed, | 我们造成了损害 我们揭露了内幕 |
[10:24] | these people have very long memories. | 这些人不会善罢甘休的 |
[10:30] | I’ll look into it, Mr. Feldberg. | 我会做些调查 Feldberg先生 |
[10:31] | That’s all I can do. | 我只能做这么多 |
[10:34] | He don’t like meetings. | 他不喜欢开会 |
[10:36] | You tell Mr. Aikman this meeting is unavoidable. | 你告诉Aikman先生 这次会议非开不可 |
[10:39] | Lindsay, don’t make me bring back bad news.He is gonna… | Lindsay 不要让我带坏消息回去 他会 |
[10:43] | She’s still refusing treatment, right? | 她还在拒绝治疗 是吧 |
[10:45] | Yes. | 没错 |
[10:45] | Okay. | 那就好 |
[10:46] | But customs is going in this afternoon | 但海关今天下午会申请法庭强制令 |
[10:48] | to get a court order to X-ray her stomach. | 强制对她胃部照X光 |
[10:50] | Can they do that? | 他们能拿到强制令吗 |
[10:51] | We’re gonna fight it, | 我们会尽力阻止 |
[10:52] | but he should have his passport ready. | 但他该把护照准备好了 |
[10:55] | All right. | 好吧 |
[10:58] | Oh, one more thing, tell him his good little soldier might die. | 噢 还有 告诉他 他的乖乖小卒可能会没命 |
[11:10] | We’re on our way into court now. | 我们这就去法院 |
[11:12] | How long will this take? | 这事多久才能完 |
[11:13] | How long can her damn bowels hold before | 她该死的肠道还能撑多久 |
[11:16] | Mr. Aikman, the sooner we get down there | Aikman先生 我们越快赶到那里 |
[11:18] | Just get her out of that hospital! | 赶紧把她从医院弄出来 |
[11:20] | I keep telling you, we need a judge to accomplish that. | 我一直跟你说 我们必须通过法官才行 |
[11:22] | Just do it. | 那快去啊 |
[11:23] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[11:26] | Please? | 再说一遍 |
[11:32] | Benny, monitor this. | Benny 盯紧点 |
[11:42] | Mr. Lowry, in 16 years with the customs service, | Lowry先生 在海关工作的16年当中 |
[11:44] | how often have you encountered internal smugglers? | 你遇到过多少次用身体走私的情况 |
[11:47] | Hundreds of times. | 数以百计 |
[11:49] | We get seven to eight swallowers a week at Logan, | 在洛根机场我们每个星期能抓到七 八个吞毒者 |
[11:51] | more than that when I was working Kennedy. | 在肯尼迪机场工作时还要多些 |
[11:53] | And what in particular do you look for, | 那你会特别留意哪些方面呢 |
[11:56] | what are the signs that someone might be smuggling this way? | 以这种方式走私的人有些什么特征 |
[11:59] | Irregular ticket purchases, evasive response to questioning, | 不定期买机票 回答问题时吞吞吐吐 |
[12:03] | if someone’s overly talkative or appears nervous | 如果有人话太多 或显得紧张 |
[12:05] | we’ll take a second look, | 我们也会格外注意 |
[12:07] | and naturally if someone resists a luggage search | 当然 如果有人拒绝行李搜查 |
[12:09] | or search of their person, | 或人身搜查 |
[12:10] | that gives rise to suspicion. | 那我们就更要怀疑了 |
[12:12] | Based on you experience, | 基于你的经验 |
[12:14] | what might someone be carrying that would raise your suspicion? | 携带哪些物品会引起你的怀疑呢 |
[12:17] | Body packing substances of any kind, | 任何种类的个人护理用品 |
[12:19] | personal lubricants or anything that can be used as such, | 人体润滑剂或具有此类用途的其它物品 |
[12:22] | as well as stomach medication, | 还有胃药 |
[12:25] | and the irregular placement of sanitary pads can be a tip-off. | 以及摆得乱七八糟的卫生巾也可以说明问题 |
[12:30] | In Teresa Cortez’s case, | 就Teresa Cortez而言 |
[12:32] | what led you to suspect that she might be carrying drugs? | 你怀疑她的理由是什么 |
[12:35] | Ms. Cortez was traveling from Colombia. | Cortez小姐从从哥伦比亚飞过来 |
[12:38] | Her passport showed several trips there in the past year, | 她的护照显示 过去一年她去过很多次 |
[12:41] | she appeared nervous and evasive | 但是在被问到这些行程时 |
[12:43] | when asked about these trips | 她显得很紧张 还吞吞吐吐的 |
[12:44] | and was reluctant to allow a search of her suitcase. | 而且起初拒绝让我们搜查她的行李箱 |
[12:46] | When she did allow it, | 待她同意搜查后 |
[12:47] | we found several tubes of lubricating cream, | 我们发现了几管润滑霜 |
[12:50] | as well as two bottles of medicine, | 以及两瓶药 |
[12:52] | she became increasingly agitated | 在更全面的身体搜查后 |
[12:53] | after a more extensive personal search, | 她变得越来越不安 |
[12:55] | so we requested that she allow us to X-ray her abdomen. | 所以我们要求对她的腹部做X光检查 |
[12:59] | She refused, and at that point, she was detained. | 她拒绝了 于是我们当即将她扣留 |
[13:05] | Teresa Cortez appeared nervous and evasive | Teresa Cortez在回答问题时 |
[13:07] | in response to you questions? | 显得紧张和吞吞吐吐 |
[13:09] | Those questions were asked in English? | 你们是用英语询问的吗 |
[13:10] | Yes, but we had a translator. | 是的 但我们有个翻译 |
[13:12] | And when you asked those questions, | 在你们询问时 |
[13:14] | did you wear a uniform inspector? A badge? | 是不是穿着制服 佩戴警徽 |
[13:16] | Yes. | 是 |
[13:17] | How about a gun? | 佩枪了吗 |
[13:18] | We’re required to, yes. | 我们按规定必须佩枪 是的 |
[13:20] | And were you aware that Ms. Cortez | 你知道Cortez小姐 |
[13:22] | had only lived in this country for six months? | 来美国才六个月吗 |
[13:24] | No. | 不知道 |
[13:25] | And that her father had been kidnapped | 知道她父亲被哥伦比亚军方 |
[13:27] | and killed by the Colombian army? | 绑架并杀害了吗 |
[13:29] | No. | 不知道 |
[13:30] | And that she herself had been held two months | 知道她本人被哥伦比亚警方 |
[13:32] | by the Colombian police without being charged? | 羁押了两个月 而没有任何指控吗 |
[13:35] | Is there a point to this? | 你想说什么 |
[13:36] | The point is that there are very good reasons | 我要说的是 Cortez小姐 |
[13:38] | why Ms. Cortez may have displayed nervousness | 在穿着制服的警官面前 显得紧张 |
[13:40] | around a uniformed officer. | 是有非常合理的原因的 |
[13:42] | Her state of mind is not relevant to these proceedings | 她的心理状态与本案无关 |
[13:45] | Mr. Young, only the officers. | Young先生 有关联的只是警官的心理状态 |
[13:47] | Excuse me your honor, | 对不起 法官阁下 |
[13:48] | he based his suspicion on her state of mind, | 警官的怀疑正是基于Cortez小姐的心理状态 |
[13:50] | that makes it relevant. | 所以与本案有关 |
[13:53] | Hurry up then. | 那就快点 |
[13:59] | Now, this is more extensive personal search, what is that? | 你所说的更全面的身体搜查 具体指什么 |
[14:03] | That’s a strip search of the body and cavity examination. | 具体指脱衣搜查和直肠检查 |
[14:06] | And in your experience, | 根据你的经验 |
[14:08] | only drug carriers become increasingly agitated | 你觉得只有走私毒品的人在直肠检查时 |
[14:10] | by having their body cavities examined? | 才会显得越来越不安吗 |
[14:12] | I didn’t say that. | 我没这么说 |
[14:13] | You said her agitation was suspicious. | 你说她的不安很可疑 |
[14:15] | We look at the entirety of the circumstances. | 我们综合考虑了整体的因素 |
[14:18] | Oh, you mean the so-called lubricants you found? | 哦 你是指你们找到的那些所谓的润滑霜 |
[14:20] | Hand cream wasn’t it, Mr. Lowry? | 那不是护手霜吗 Lowry先生 |
[14:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:23] | And the stomach medicine? That would be antacid. | 还有那些胃药 其实是解酸剂 |
[14:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:28] | It’s good to know that if I travel with dry hands, | 也就是说 如果我出行的时候手太干 |
[14:31] | an upset stomach, and a decent sense of privacy, | 胃不舒服 以及看重自己正常的隐私 |
[14:35] | that I can expect to be stripped naked, anally probed, | 我就会被脱光衣服 做直肠检查 |
[14:38] | and handcuffed to a beg, that’s good to know. | 还有手铐伺候 真是不错的待遇 |
[14:40] | Your honor, can we stop this? | 法官阁下 还要听他说下去吗 |
[14:42] | I stopped listening a while ago. | 我早就已经没听了 |
[14:44] | Why don’t we go to chamber’s and have a cookie? | 不如去我的办公室吃点甜点 |
[14:51] | What do you mean nothing? He blew up a building. | 什么叫做没事了 他炸了一栋楼 |
[14:53] | It was 26 years ago, and it was two rooms in an annex, | 已经过去26年了 其实只是侧楼的两个房间 |
[14:56] | and it didn’t even blow up, think smoke bomb. | 甚至根本都没炸成 只能算烟雾弹 |
[14:58] | But, he jumped bail, he’s been a fugitive. | 但是 他弃保潜逃 他是个逃犯 |
[14:59] | Bobby, it’s not a limitations thing, | Bobby 不是因为追诉时效 |
[15:01] | we don’t want the guy. | 而是我们根本不想追究了 |
[15:02] | So you’re just dropping the charges? | 所以你就撤销指控了 |
[15:04] | Not me personally, | 不是我本人 |
[15:06] | in the mid-80’s | 在八十年代中期 |
[15:06] | they wrote off a lot of cases nobody cared about. | 他们核销了一大批没人管的案子 |
[15:09] | Sam Feldberg was one of the lucky ones. | Sam Feldberg就是幸运儿之一 |
[15:11] | Okay, what if he’s arrested for something else? | 原来如此 那如果他因为其它案子被捕呢 |
[15:13] | Will the warrants still drop? | 逮捕令会不会重新生效 |
[15:15] | Sam Feldberg is not ever in the system, | Sam Feldberg从来就没有留下案底 |
[15:17] | he’s a free man. | 他完全是自由的 |
[15:20] | That’s great, I appreciate this. | 那太好了 非常感谢 |
[15:25] | You appreciate this? | 非常感谢 |
[15:27] | Yeah, I do. | 是啊 |
[15:29] | What about our dinner dates, you appreciate them too? | 那我们的晚餐约会呢 你满意吗 |
[15:34] | Helen, can we not go there? | Helen 我们能不能不说这个 |
[15:35] | Oh, where’s there? | 噢 不说哪个 |
[15:38] | The intimacy place? | 私事 |
[15:39] | I’m just asking you to talk about how you feel, Bobby. | 我只是想知道你的感受 Bobby |
[15:42] | Well, I feel like not talking about it here. | 呃 我不想在这里谈这些 |
[15:48] | Fine. | 那算了吧 |
[15:51] | Feels nice to be appreciated. | 承蒙你感谢我 |
[15:58] | I didn’t say they had no case, | 我没说他们没有证据 |
[16:00] | I said it couldn’t be proven in a court of law. | 我只是说他们没办法在法庭上证明 |
[16:02] | 11 people got cancer in a two mile radius. | 半径两英里范围内有11个人得了癌症 |
[16:06] | I understand, I mean that’s the hook that got me to bit, | 我知道 我最初就是看到这一点才接下案子 |
[16:08] | but I couldn’t find any scientific data | 但我找不到任何科学数据 |
[16:10] | to say that the power lines caused it. | 来证明是输电线导致癌症 |
[16:13] | What am I gonna do? Make it up? | 我能怎么办 编一个吗 |
[16:14] | There’s no studies at all? | 完全没有相关的研究吗 |
[16:15] | There’s a 100 studies, unfortunately, | 有上百份相关的研究 遗憾的是 |
[16:17] | none of them conclude that exposure | 没有一份指出射频辐射 |
[16:19] | to radio frequency radiation has any link to cancer. | 与癌症存在关联性 |
[16:22] | Look, Mr. Berlutti, we’re not talking a low-ball offer here. | Berlutti先生 问题不是被告愿意赔的钱太少 |
[16:26] | The state, their attorneys won’t even return a toll call. | 州政府 他们的律师连电话都不屑于回 |
[16:29] | Even so, to drop your clients so close to trial | 即使如此 开庭近在眼前却抛弃你的当事人 |
[16:32] | I know, I’m not proud about doing that, | 我知道 我也不想这样 |
[16:34] | but I spent 80,000 of my own money trying to develop this case. | 但我已经花费了八万块用于前期准备工作 |
[16:38] | I chased down every expert. | 我到处找专家证人 |
[16:41] | I figured there had to be something under the surface, | 我以为肯定可以找到点什么 |
[16:43] | 11 people got cancer. | 11个人得了癌症 |
[16:46] | But it all came up empty. | 结果却一无所获 |
[16:47] | And as for a trial, I took this on a contingency, | 至于庭审 我做的是全风险 |
[16:51] | a trial could cost me another 80 or so. | 庭审还会再花费八万的样子 |
[16:53] | I had to eat my loss and get out. | 我不得不止损退出 |
[16:55] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:56] | And for those people? | 至于那些受害者 |
[16:57] | I hurt for them, I do. | 我很同情他们 真的 |
[16:58] | Because I believe those power lines have something to do with it, | 因为我相信他们的病确实与那些输电线有关 |
[17:02] | but if a lawyer friend of mine came to me and said | 但如果哪个律师朋友来问我 |
[17:05] | should I run with this? | 可以接这个案子吗 |
[17:16] | Your honor? | 法官阁下 |
[17:23] | Judge Brewster? | Brewster法官 |
[17:24] | They brought Tiffany back, I knew she wasn’t dead. | Tiffany回来了 我就知道她没死 |
[17:32] | All My Children? | 你在看《我的孩子们》吗 |
[17:33] | No, they don’t have… | 不是 《我的孩子们》里的孩子 |
[17:35] | have titties on All My Children, | 都还没有 没有咪咪 |
[17:37] | oh, these girls got, you know, titties. | 这上面的女孩已经有 咪咪 |
[17:43] | Your honor, perhaps we should come back later. | 法官阁下 也许我们该晚点再来 |
[17:45] | No no no. | 不不 |
[17:49] | So, Mr. Daley, | 那么 Daley先生 |
[17:50] | the government wants to hold this woman indefinitely? | 政府想无限期羁押这个女人吗 |
[17:53] | Is that it? I’d like to see some probable cause. | 是这样吗 你们有正当诉由吗 |
[17:56] | We feel if we’re allowed to take X-rays | 如果允许我们对她照X光的话 |
[17:59] | But you’re not. | 不允许 |
[18:02] | Your honor, | 法官阁下 |
[18:03] | reasonable suspicion test as laid out in Montoya | 在Montoya案中已经采纳了合理怀疑检测 |
[18:07] | and accepted by this court in Braks | 并且也被本法庭在Braks案中所接受 |
[18:09] | Braks wasn’t about X-rays. | Braks案不是关于X光的 |
[18:11] | The fourth amendment has been found compatible | 已经有判例裁定非例行搜查 |
[18:14] | with non-routine searches. | 不违反第四修正案 |
[18:15] | You had your non-routine search. | 你们已经做过非例行搜查了 |
[18:18] | You stripped the woman, you found nothing at all. | 你们对她做了脱衣搜查 什么都没找到 |
[18:21] | You want more, you need consent. | 你想进一步搜查 必须得到授权 |
[18:23] | No X-rays. | 不准做X光 |
[18:24] | Thank you, your honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[18:26] | Further, detention is also unwarranted. | 此外 扣留也是未经授权的 |
[18:29] | I’m sorry, Mr. Young. | 不好意思 Young先生 |
[18:30] | Despite your fine efforts out there, | 尽管你在庭上很努力 |
[18:33] | I’m convinced there was reasonable suspicion | 但我认为存在合理怀疑 |
[18:37] | to detain Ms. Cortez. | 可以扣留Cortez小姐 |
[18:40] | The whole point of that detention is to allow that suspicion to ripe | 扣留的全部目的就在于 让怀疑变成 |
[18:45] | into the probable cause needed for an arrest. | 逮捕所需的正当诉由 |
[18:49] | She’s been held for 3 days. | 她已经被羁押三天了 |
[18:51] | It’s not enough. | 不算多 |
[18:52] | There was a fellow down in New York who lasted 24 days, | 在纽约有个家伙被羁押了24天 |
[18:57] | 24 days. | 整整24天 |
[18:58] | Imagine the size of that stool when the dam finally burst? | 想象一下 最后溃坝的时候是什么效果 |
[19:02] | Now, if you want to get your client off, | 如果你想让你的当事人出来 |
[19:05] | she has to agree to an X-ray. | 她必须同意照X光 |
[19:08] | That’s all. Otherwise, let nature take its course. | 就这样 不然的话 就让她憋着好了 |
[19:15] | It’s a trick! | 这是个圈套 |
[19:16] | It’s not a trick, Sam, you’re a free man. | 这不是圈套 Sam 你自由了 |
[19:19] | It’s some kind of sting, don’t you see? | 这就是他们的诡计 你看不出来吗 |
[19:22] | They have been chasing me for 20 some odd years, | 他们已经追了我20几年了 |
[19:26] | you think they’re just gonna give up just like that? | 你以为他们会就这样算了吗 |
[19:29] | I can show you the files. | 我可以拿文件给你看 |
[19:30] | In Bismark they showed up as agricultural inspectors, | 在Bismark他们假冒农业检查员 |
[19:33] | in Cicero it was census takers, | 在Cicero假装人口普查员 |
[19:36] | in Tucson they were looking for water table pollutants. | 在Tucson他们又冒充调查地下水污染 |
[19:43] | Sam Sam | |
[19:45] | Why would they just let me go? | 他们凭什么就这样放过我呢 |
[19:49] | I’m telling you, Sam! | 听我说 Sam |
[19:50] | Do you know what was in that supposed math building | 我们炸掉的那栋所谓的数学楼 |
[19:55] | that we blew up? | 你知道里面有什么吗 |
[19:57] | Strategic analysis. | 战略分析报告 |
[20:01] | They denied it was even happening, | 他们甚至不承认这些事实的存在 |
[20:05] | you see, I’m a threat to them. | 我是他们的威胁 |
[20:07] | Oh no, there’s no way they’re gonna just let me go, no way. | 不会的 他们不可能就这样放过我 不可能 |
[20:13] | I am a threat to National Security. | 我威胁到国家安全 |
[20:24] | Her white blood cell count is up, | 她的白细胞数在上升 |
[20:26] | that means the infection is winning. | 意味着感染还在恶化 |
[20:28] | That means that whatever is stuck in there is stuck pretty tight. | 说明她肚子里的东西堵得非常紧 |
[20:32] | Doctor, in those cases where drugs have been ingested… | 医生 在那些吞毒的病例中 |
[20:37] | How long before something breaks? | 那些东西多久会破裂 |
[20:40] | That would depend. | 得看情况 |
[20:41] | Even your strongest latex wasn’t designed to handle | 即使最耐腐蚀的乳胶也抵挡不住 |
[20:44] | the acids in a human stomach. | 人体的胃酸 |
[20:46] | Eventually if they’re not expelled, | 如果不取出来 |
[20:48] | poisoning will occur most certainly at a lethal level. | 最后必定会中毒身亡 |
[20:51] | It’s ugly. | 很残酷 |
[20:57] | Time’s running out guys. | 时间不多了 两位 |
[20:58] | If she flips whoever she’s mulling for, | 只要她供出她为谁运毒 |
[21:00] | I’ll make sure that she walks. | 我保证让她自由 |
[21:07] | Look, I think at a minimum | 我觉得至少 |
[21:09] | you should tell this woman to get herself another lawyer. | 你应该叫她另外请一位律师 |
[21:34] | I’m the one who hired you. | 是我聘请你们的 |
[21:35] | We understand that Mr. Aikman, | 我们知道 Aikman先生 |
[21:37] | but you hired us to represent Ms. Cortez. | 但你聘请我们代理Cortez小姐 |
[21:39] | No, Mr. Young, I hired you to represent me. | 不对 Young先生 我聘请你们代理我本人 |
[21:42] | Knowing in the course of my representations | 只是在代理过程中 |
[21:44] | you’d be defending some of my mules. | 你需要为我的某些运毒者辩护 |
[21:46] | But I am the client. | 但我才是你们的当事人 |
[21:48] | Legally, it doesn’t work that way. | 法律上 不是这样的 |
[21:50] | We represent her just like we do you. | 我们既代理你 同样也代理她 |
[21:52] | It may be in her best legal interest | 对她而言 与警方合作 |
[21:54] | to make a deal with the police. | 可能最符合她的法律利益 |
[21:56] | Legal interest? | 法律利益 |
[21:59] | That’s not always the number one criterion. | 那不一定是首要标准 |
[22:02] | Now that sounds like some kind of threat. | 这话听起来有威胁的意味 |
[22:04] | That doesn’t hold well with me. | 不过我不吃这一套 |
[22:07] | Besides, since she’s faced with dying as it is, | 同时 既然她已经快要死了 |
[22:10] | I don’t think it’ll be too persuasive to her. | 我想这话对她也不会太管用 |
[22:15] | Look, Mr. Young, | 听着 Young先生 |
[22:17] | you can drop me as a client | 你们可以抛弃我这个当事人 |
[22:19] | but we know that’s not gonna change anything. | 但我们都知道那样于事无补 |
[22:20] | She may die for God’s sake, | 看在上帝份上 她可能会死掉 |
[22:22] | does that not mean anything to you? | 你一点也不在乎吗 |
[22:23] | I’m a drug dealer. | 我是个毒贩 |
[22:25] | People die in my line of work, | 干这行的总有人死 |
[22:27] | the goal is for it not to be me. | 我关心的是保住自己的命 |
[22:31] | Now, you’ve got a conflict here, I understand. | 你们现在面临利益冲突 我知道 |
[22:34] | I also understand that all you gotta do is | 我还知道 你们该做的只是 |
[22:35] | make your client aware of that conflict. | 将这种利益冲突告知当事人 |
[22:37] | So you go. You ask her. Let her decided. | 所以 你们去问问她 让她来决定 |
[22:42] | She’ll do the right thing. | 她知道该怎么做 |
[22:54] | Let me see if I get this. | 看我听明白没有 |
[22:55] | You want me to bring in your client | 你要我把你的当事人抓进来 |
[22:58] | and threaten him with jail? | 威胁要让他坐牢 |
[23:00] | Helen, the guy has spent his whole life thinking | Helen 这家伙一辈子都在琢磨 |
[23:03] | he’s this big fugitive, | 自己是个大逃犯 |
[23:04] | ex-patriot, civil activist. | 曾经的爱国者 民权斗士 |
[23:06] | When I told him he wasn’t wanted, | 当我告诉他没人想抓他 |
[23:08] | it was as if he suddenly became meaningless, | 就好像他突然变得毫无意义了 |
[23:11] | like his whole life amounted to nothing. | 好像他的一生都白活了 |
[23:13] | You want me to arrest him? | 你想我逮捕他吗 |
[23:15] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:16] | To give his life meaning? | 好让他的生活变得有意义 |
[23:18] | Yes. | 没错 |
[23:20] | It’s not exactly what we do here, Bobby. | 这真不是我们该做的事 Bobby |
[23:24] | This I know, Helen, I was just hoping | 我知道 Helen 我只是希望 |
[23:26] | Do you know how many cases I have | 你知道我手上有多少个案件吗 |
[23:28] | with real criminals? | 真正的罪犯 |
[23:31] | Do you know how many clients I have, real criminals? | 你知道我有多少个当事人吗 真正的罪犯 |
[23:36] | Okay, here’s what you do. | 行了 你这样跟他说吧 |
[23:39] | Tell him his ability to elude us for so long | 告诉他 他成功地逃了这么久 |
[23:44] | is so embarrassing to us and the FBI, | 以致让我们和FBI如此丢脸 |
[23:47] | for public relations purposes | 为了我们的脸面 |
[23:51] | we have decided to conspire and say it never happed. | 我们共同决定 这事就当作没发生过 |
[23:54] | He’s free, so long as doesn’t go on Oprah. | 他自由了 只要他不去上奥普拉的节目就行 |
[24:00] | Oh no, have I jeopardized our chemistry? | 噢 不要 这会伤害我们之间的感情吗 |
[24:05] | I’m heading back to the hospital. | 我要回医院去 |
[24:07] | What are you gonna say? | 你准备怎么说 |
[24:08] | I thought I’d give her a crash course in legal ethics, | 我想 我会给她上一堂法律伦理速成课 |
[24:11] | maybe explain why the model rules of | 或许解释一下为什么我的职业规范 |
[24:13] | professional responsibility requires me to let her die. | 会要求我让她去死 |
[24:15] | Lindsay Lindsay | |
[24:16] | What happens if I get on the phone right now, Eugene. | 如果我现在打个电话会怎样 Eugene |
[24:18] | Call up the ACLU | 打给美国公民自由协会 |
[24:19] | and suggest there’s a woman in need of counsel. | 说有个女人需要律师 |
[24:21] | They’ll ask you why | 他们会问你怎么回事 |
[24:21] | and if you answer your breaking confidentiality. | 你要是回答就违反保密义务了 |
[24:24] | Gee. | 天 |
[24:24] | Teresa still has a choice. | Teresa还是可以选择 |
[24:26] | She can accept the offer regardless of who | 不管Aikman雇谁来做她的律师 |
[24:28] | Aikman gets to represent her. | 她都可以自己接受辩诉交易 |
[24:29] | Yeah, but he’s going to make recommending against | 是啊 但是他会明确要求律师 |
[24:31] | that offer part of the job description. | 劝说Teresa拒绝接受交易 |
[24:34] | Maybe I should go with you. | 我跟你一起去吧 |
[24:35] | I’m fine, but thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[24:46] | You understand why I can no longer represent you? | 你明白为什么我不能再担任你的律师吗 |
[24:49] | I think so. | 我明白 |
[24:51] | And you understand I really am not allowed to counsel you, | 你明白我实在不能给你法律建议 |
[24:55] | to tell you to do anything that | 不能建议你做任何 |
[24:58] | can be bad for John Aikman? | 对John Aikman不利的事吗 |
[25:00] | I see. | 我明白 |
[25:04] | Please Teresa, | Teresa 请务必记住 |
[25:05] | just know that the next lawyer may not, if | 下一个律师可能不会 如果 |
[25:10] | If Mr. Aikman hires him, | 如果Aikman先生还雇律师的话 |
[25:12] | that lawyer may not look out for you | 这位律师会优先考虑Aikman先生的利益 |
[25:13] | as much as he does for Mr. Aikman. | 而不是你的利益 |
[25:17] | Do you think | 你觉得 |
[25:22] | Do you think that I should do this, what they offer? | 你觉得我应该接受他们的条件吗 |
[25:31] | I’m not allowed to say, I’ve already said too much. | 我不能回答你 我已经说得太多了 |
[25:33] | Mr. Aikman, he will pay me, yes? | Aikman先生 他会付钱给我 是吧 |
[25:38] | He promised me. | 他答应过我的 |
[25:42] | My family needs the money. | 我的家人急需这笔钱 |
[25:47] | Yeah, I have to go. | 嗯 我得走了 |
[25:56] | He hired you Lindsay, yes? | 是他雇你的 Lindsay 对吧 |
[26:01] | And you have cared for me. | 你却一直为我着想 |
[26:13] | Well, I’m still working on it, it isn’t easy. | 我还在想办法 不太好办 |
[26:16] | Is it safe for me to go back to my apartment? | 我回家会不会有危险 |
[26:19] | Yeah. But be careful just the same. | 没事 不过和以前一样保持警惕 |
[26:24] | They are after me, aren’t they? | 他们还在追捕我 对吧 |
[26:28] | It’s the big sting. | 这是他们的圈套 |
[26:31] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕是的 |
[26:34] | You were our last hope, and we thought maybe | 你是我们最后的希望 我们觉得也许 |
[26:38] | Even if the magnetic fields did what you said, | 即使癌症确实是磁场引起的 |
[26:42] | we can’t run a lawsuit without proving it. | 但如果没有证据 我们还是没办法诉讼 |
[26:44] | 11 of us have cancer. Neighbours. | 我们有11个人患上癌症 都住在那一带 |
[26:47] | Isn’t that proof? | 这不是证据吗 |
[26:48] | As far as the science goes, | 从科学角度来说 |
[26:50] | it could just as well be the well water, some toxic dump | 也可能是井水或者有毒废物引起的 |
[26:54] | It wasn’t any toxic waste or well water. | 可是并没有井水或有毒废物 |
[26:58] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[27:01] | Okay. | 没关系 |
[27:03] | Well, thank you for your time, Mr. Berluti. | 嗯 给你添麻烦了 Berluti先生 |
[27:07] | Sure. | 不客气 |
[27:15] | Wait a minute. | 等一等 |
[27:20] | Let me run it by the firm. | 让我跟所里商量一下 |
[27:23] | Maybe there is something we can do. | 也许我们可以接下这个案子 |
[27:26] | I’ll let you know tomorrow. | 我明天给你们答复 |
[27:28] | Okay. Thanks you. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 谢谢你 |
[27:40] | I couldn’t let them walk out like that. | 我不能让他们就这样回去 |
[27:43] | The case can’t be won, Jimmy, | 这个案子赢不了的 Jimmy |
[27:45] | it’s just gonna cost us a fortune. | 只会白费力气 |
[27:47] | Back me up, Ellenor. | 支持我一回 Ellenor |
[27:48] | Jimmy Jimmy | |
[27:49] | Just back me up on this one. | 就在这个案子上支持我一回 |
[27:51] | I don’t ask for much. | 我要求不多 |
[27:55] | He wants her to die, Benny, you know as well as I do. | 他想要她死 Benny 你跟我一样清楚 |
[27:58] | I don’t know anything. | 我什么都不清楚 |
[27:59] | If she recovers, she’s a witness. | 如果她康复了 她就是证人 |
[28:01] | If she dies, the cocaine can’t talk. | 如果她死了 可卡因可不会说话 |
[28:03] | Well, she knew the risks, she knew the benefits. | 她知道利害关系 |
[28:06] | She has a four years old boy back in Colombia. | 她在哥伦比亚有个四岁的孩子 |
[28:10] | Look, it’s out of our hands now, okay? | 现在我们管不着了 明白吗 |
[28:13] | You told her everything you’re telling me | 该说的你都跟她说了 |
[28:14] | so even your hands are clean. | 所以也没你的事了 |
[28:15] | She won’t listen to me. | 她不听我的 |
[28:17] | She thinks Aikman will somehow protect her. | 她以为Aikman会保护她 |
[28:21] | I think she’ll listen to you. | 我觉得她会听你的 |
[28:22] | You are crazy, you know that? | 你疯了 知道吗 |
[28:24] | What kind of death wish you think I got? | 你以为我活得不耐烦了吗 |
[28:30] | We gonna be able to live with ourselves, Benny? | 我们要对得住自己的良心 Benny |
[28:32] | Technically, you don’t represent her no more, right? | 理论上 你已经不是她的律师了 对吧 |
[28:34] | So why | 你怎么 |
[28:34] | Teresa’s stomach explodes, she dies. | 如果Teresa的胃破裂 她会死掉 |
[28:36] | You can live with that? | 你良心过得去吗 |
[28:38] | I won’t live turning on Aikman. This I know. | 我只知道 如果背叛Aikman 我肯定会没命 |
[28:40] | Benny Benny | |
[28:41] | You’re a drug lawyer, Lindsay, | 你是个毒品律师 Lindsay |
[28:42] | you know how this stuff goes. | 你知道这一行是怎么回事 |
[28:53] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[28:54] | Hey, you still here? | 嘿 你还没走 |
[28:56] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[29:01] | How’s the condition of the girl? | 那个女孩的情况怎么样 |
[29:03] | Same. | 还是那样 |
[29:06] | You were honest with her. More so than you should have been. | 你已经尽力了 不该说的都说了 |
[29:12] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:16] | Benny Small said get over it, you’re a drug lawyer. | Benny Small说 算了吧 你是个毒品律师 |
[29:21] | I guess he’s right. | 我想他说得对 |
[29:23] | I can’t do this anymore, Bobby. | 我不能再做这个了 Bobby |
[29:27] | The bread and butter.I don’t care. | 什么生计饭碗 我不在乎 |
[29:31] | I’ve had it with drug cases. | 我受够毒品案件了 |
[29:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:38] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:40] | Really. | 真的 |
[29:43] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:47] | How you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[29:51] | Fine. | 挺好 |
[29:55] | What’s stopping you? | 你在顾虑什么 |
[29:57] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[29:59] | With Helen. What’s stopping you? | 你跟Helen 你在顾虑什么 |
[30:01] | What? Why? Is she saying something? | 什么 怎么问这个 她说什么了吗 |
[30:05] | She says you seem stuck, | 她说你似乎停滞不前 |
[30:07] | like you want to go forward but you won’t. | 就好像你想往前走 但是却顾虑重重 |
[30:09] | Well, it’s just that | 呃 那是因为 |
[30:15] | I like her. | 我喜欢她 |
[30:22] | That may be the problem. | 也许这就是问题所在 |
[30:27] | I like her. | 我喜欢她 |
[30:30] | And? | 所以 |
[30:31] | And before I go down that road, | 所以在我走下去之前 |
[30:34] | I gotta to be sure about everything else, you know? | 我一定要处理好其它所有的事情 |
[30:44] | Bobby, everything else is clear. | Bobby 没有其它的事情需要处理 |
[30:49] | It just doesn’t make it any easier that | 虽然她是你的朋友 |
[30:50] | she’s a friend of yours, Lindsay. | 但并不意味着事情就简单了 Lindsay |
[30:52] | We both agreed if either of us found somebody who could be | 我们说好了的 如果谁找到另一个可以 |
[30:59] | You’ve met somebody, Bobby. | 你已经找到了 Bobby |
[31:02] | It doesn’t bother you? | 你一点也不介意吗 |
[31:05] | Well, I’ll miss you, | 呃 我会想你的 |
[31:09] | and I’ll get a little lonely. | 我会觉得孤单 |
[31:11] | You and Helen are a good match. | 你和Helen很配 |
[31:14] | Besides, I feel on the verge of meeting somebody myself. | 而且 我觉得我自己很快也会找到另一个的 |
[31:18] | Don’t let her get away, she’s a good one. | 别让她跑了 她很好 |
[31:23] | How could you be so adult about all this? | 你怎么能这么通情达理呢 |
[31:26] | Because I know what we were, | 因为我了解你我 |
[31:28] | and I know what we weren’t. | 我们走不到一起 |
[31:32] | I just wish that | 我只是希望 |
[31:34] | I just wish it were a little harder for you, | 我只是希望你觉得难以割舍 |
[31:39] | at least a little. | 哪怕一点点 |
[31:41] | I’ll make do with the memories. | 我可以用回忆来代替 |
[31:45] | Maybe we should celebrate that we were able to keep this secret. | 也许我们应该高兴 我们守住了这个秘密 |
[31:51] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[31:53] | And it was some secret while it lasted. | 而且会一直是秘密 |
[32:26] | This is the last time. | 这是最后一次 |
[32:54] | Liability-wise, I know it’s weak. | 责任方面 我知道有点牵强 |
[32:57] | But damages are huge. I think it’s worth the risk. | 但损害相当巨大 我认为值得冒这个风险 |
[33:01] | You got a guess in cost? | 你估算过成本没有 |
[33:03] | A lot of the file is already built. | 很多前期的工作已经完成了 |
[33:05] | I figure experts and time, | 考虑专家证人和投入时间 |
[33:07] | we could try for 30 thousand. | 我估计花费在三万左右 |
[33:10] | They pay anything? | 他们承担哪些费用 |
[33:12] | No. | 不承担 |
[33:12] | What am I missing here? | 我没听错吧 |
[33:14] | We can’t make liability on this, | 我们不能赌这个案子 |
[33:15] | the fact that they haven’t even tossed nuisance charge, | 他们甚至没有提出排除妨害 |
[33:17] | that should tell you something. | 这就足以说明问题 |
[33:18] | I think we should take it. | 我认为我们应该接 |
[33:20] | Sorry, Jimmy. | 不好意思 Jimmy |
[33:24] | I think we should take it, too. | 我也认为应该接 |
[33:26] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[33:27] | Because 11 people in a two mile radius got cancer. | 因为半径两英里范围内有11个人患上癌症 |
[33:30] | Something’s going on, and just because we can’t prove it. | 肯定有问题 我们只是证明不了 |
[33:32] | Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. | 但并不表示这不是事实 |
[33:33] | No, but when you decide to take a case | 没错 但如果你准备接这个案子 |
[33:36] | whether or not you can prove it is a little relevant. | 能不能证明就是一个需要考虑的因素 |
[33:38] | There’s a reason no other firm | 其它事务所不愿意接这个案子 |
[33:39] | will touch it, Ellenor. | 是有原因的 Ellenor |
[33:40] | And that’s exactly why we should take it Eugene, | 所以我们更应该接这个案子 Eugene |
[33:42] | because no other firm will. | 因为其它事务所都不肯接 |
[33:46] | I’ll authorize 5,000 on discovery, and then we’ll see. | 我批准支出5000元用于前期调查 做完再看 |
[33:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:51] | When Rebecca gets back. She’s gonna scream. | Rebecca回来会抓狂的 |
[33:58] | Thank you. You won’t be sorry. | 谢谢 你不会后悔的 |
[34:01] | Good luck, Jimmy. | 祝你好运 Jimmy |
[34:13] | Any change? | 还好吗 |
[34:15] | Bobby, I’m fine. | Bobby 我没事 |
[34:17] | I meant Teresa, any change? | 我是说Teresa 她还好吗 |
[34:20] | Oh, nothing. | 哦 老样子 |
[34:28] | Eugene Young Eugene Young. | |
[34:44] | Teresa Cortez, where is she? | Teresa Cortez在哪 |
[34:45] | Lindsay Lindsay. | |
[34:47] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[34:48] | One of the condoms tore. | 有个避孕套破裂了 |
[34:50] | Massive cocaine poisoning. She’s in surgery now. | 大剂量可卡因中毒 她正在做手术 |
[34:53] | But how? | 怎么会 |
[34:55] | Did she let you treat her? | 我是说 她同意你们治疗了吗 |
[34:57] | Before she lost consciousness, yes, she gave us consent. | 是的 就在她休克之前 她同意了 |
[35:00] | We have witnesses. | 我们有证人 |
[35:02] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[35:02] | Well, it’s a little too soon for that. | 她还没脱离危险 |
[35:10] | In surgery? | 做手术 |
[35:11] | She consented to it. | 她同意了 |
[35:14] | Did you influence her? | 你们有没有诱导她 |
[35:16] | We’re your lawyers, Mr. Aikman. | 我们是你的律师 Aikman先生 |
[35:18] | We couldn’t do anything to hurt you, could we? | 我们不能做任何伤害你的事 不是吗 |
[35:28] | You’re just going to have to lay low, Sam. | 你必须避避风头 Sam |
[35:30] | For how long? | 要多久 |
[35:32] | It could take a while. I don’t know. | 可能要一阵子 我不知道 |
[35:35] | It’s a trick! How could they not be arresting me? | 这是个诡计 他们怎么会不逮捕我 |
[35:39] | Sam, sit down. Now look | Sam 坐下 听着 |
[35:46] | Bobby Bobby? | |
[35:47] | Helen Helen. | |
[35:48] | What’s new? | 最近怎么样 |
[35:49] | We’re in the middle of a meeting here. | 我们正在开会呢 |
[35:51] | I know about your meeting, why do you think I’m here? | 我知道 不然我来做什么呢 |
[35:56] | Mr. Feldberg, my name is Helen Gamble, | Feldberg先生 我叫Helen Gamble |
[35:59] | I’m with the district attorney’s office. | 我是地检署的 |
[36:03] | Does he know his rights? | 向他告知权利了吗 |
[36:05] | Well. | 噢 |
[36:07] | Well. | 呃 |
[36:08] | You finally surface after 26 years | 26年了 你终于露面了 |
[36:11] | and you expect us to forget? | 你以为我们会忘记吗 |
[36:13] | Do you have any idea as to the severity of your crime, | 你知道你的罪行有多严重吗 |
[36:16] | Mr. Feldberg? | Feldberg先生 |
[36:18] | I do. | 我知道 |
[36:19] | It was pervasive enough that people actually thought | 人们普遍把你当成英雄 |
[36:22] | you were some kind of hero, they took this fugitive existence | 他们觉得这种逃亡是高尚的 |
[36:26] | as noble, patriotic even. | 甚至是爱国的 |
[36:29] | Well let me tell you something sir, | 我告诉你 先生 |
[36:31] | blowing up buildings is not my idea of being a patriot. | 我不认为炸楼房是什么爱国行为 |
[36:35] | But I do know one thing. | 但我知道一件事 |
[36:38] | If people were to learn that this case was being stirred up again, | 如果公众知道这个案子又起波澜 |
[36:42] | it could threaten national security. | 那可能会威胁国家安全 |
[36:46] | That’s the only reason I’m willing to cut any deal. | 这是我同意跟你和解的唯一理由 |
[36:56] | This is how it’s gonna be. | 我的方案是 |
[36:58] | You plead guilty to one count of arson, | 你认下一项纵火罪 |
[37:01] | one count of assault with a deadly weapon, | 一项使用致命武器伤人罪 |
[37:04] | and I’ll drop the treason charge. | 我撤销叛国罪的指控 |
[37:06] | Suspended sentence or you get nothing. | 判缓刑 否则休想 |
[37:08] | On the condition that this stays sealed. | 条件是必须保密 |
[37:10] | Completely sealed. You understand that Mr. Feldberg? | 绝对保密 你明白吗 Feldberg先生 |
[37:13] | Speak a word of this, | 透漏一个字 |
[37:15] | and you will feel the full might of my office, I promise you. | 我就会动用整个部门的资源追捕你 我保证 |
[37:19] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[37:22] | I’ll draft the plea agreement. | 我来起草和解协议 |
[37:39] | We took 40 condoms of cocaine out of her stomach, | 我们从她胃里取出40个避孕套的可卡因 |
[37:43] | she’s going to make it. | 她会没事的 |
[37:46] | I don’t think she’ll be up for a while. | 我想她还得再睡一会 |
[37:50] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢你 |
[37:53] | I’m not her lawyer, but still, | 虽然我不是她的律师 但还是 |
[37:54] | lets remember doctor-patient privilege, | 请记住医患保密义务 |
[37:56] | anything she says to you | 无论她对你说过什么 |
[37:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢提醒 |
[38:06] | Well, good news is she lives, | 好消息是她还活着 |
[38:08] | bad news is we got her for possession. | 坏消息是我们找到她携带的毒品了 |
[38:11] | You’ve still got some fourth amendment problems, | 你仍然违反了第四修正案 |
[38:14] | but I’m not her lawyer anymore. | 不过我已经不是她的律师了 |
[38:16] | I really miss our banter. | 我真的怀念我们之间的斗嘴 |
[38:33] | You convinced her to let them operate. | 是你说服她让医生做手术的吗 |
[38:35] | Why don’t you say it a little louder? | 你怎么不大声点说 |
[38:37] | It’ll be my death warrant. | 我性命难保了 |
[38:39] | She’s gonna be okay. | 她没事了 |
[38:41] | I spoke to the doc, he told me. That’s good. | 我问过医生 他告诉我了 很好 |
[38:44] | You saved her life Benny. | 你救了她的命 Benny |
[38:45] | Whatever. | 随便 |
[38:47] | I gotta go, I gotta go. | 我要走了 我要走了 |
[38:49] | You gonna be okay? | 你不会有事吧 |
[38:53] | Not if Aikman finds out. | 如果Aikman发现的话就难说了 |
[38:57] | So how does it go now? | 下一步怎么办 |
[38:59] | Well, I think they’ll offer immunity | 呃 如果她指证Aikaman的话 |
[39:01] | if she’ll turn over Aikman. | 他们会给她豁免的 |
[39:03] | With the amount of cocaine, they’ve got leverage. | 这么多的可卡因 他们有足够的筹码 |
[39:05] | They could put her away for a long time. | 他们可以关她很久 |
[39:07] | He’ll kill her. | 他会杀了她的 |
[39:09] | He will kill her, and she’ll never get to testify. | 他会杀了她的 她永远都没机会作证 |
[39:19] | He’s going to kill both of us. | 他会把我们俩都杀了的 |
[39:27] | Copying costs, filing fees, | 复印费 申请费之类的 |
[39:30] | stuff like that you’d be expected to pay. | 需要你们承担 |
[39:33] | okay. | 行 |
[39:34] | The first thing will be to get by the summary judgement hearing | 首先要准备的是简易判决听证 |
[39:37] | which we should be able to do. | 这个应该没有问题 |
[39:38] | I’ll put in a call to opposing counsel. | 我会给对方律师打电话 |
[39:41] | You know who’s representing the state? | 你们知道州政府那边的律师是谁吗 |
[39:43] | A big firm. Finley Hoag something. | 一个大律所 Finley Hoag什么的 |
[39:47] | Why? Do you know them? | 怎么 你认识他们吗 |
[39:50] | They got a good reputation. | 他们名气很大 |
[39:52] | Okay, look, we got a lot to do. | 好了 我们还有很多事要做 |
[39:56] | I got all the files, | 我拿到所有的文件了 |
[39:57] | your old lawyer says | 你们以前的律师说 |
[39:58] | he’s happy to cooperate whenever I need him. | 他乐意随时配合我的工作 |
[40:00] | This is good. This is good. We’re off. | 非常好 非常好 我们开始吧 |
[40:09] | Other than thank you. | 你是说除了感谢之外 |
[40:12] | Well, anything to give meaning to someone’s life, right? | 嗯 给别人的生命赋予意义嘛 对吧 |
[40:16] | To make it more full, rounded, complete. | 使之更圆满 丰富 完整 |
[40:20] | Funny. | 有趣 |
[40:21] | And funny, yes. | 还有有趣 是的 |
[40:23] | We all need complete, round, funny lives. | 我们都需要完整 丰富 有趣的生活 |
[40:28] | Listen, I don’t mean to be dragging my heels like an old mule. | 我不是有意慢腾腾的 像头老骡子 |
[40:32] | I sense this, it’s why I hang around. | 我知道 所以我在等你 |
[40:36] | I know somewhere in there you appreciate me. | 我知道你内心是喜欢我的 |
[40:44] | I do. | 是的 |
[41:01] | Wasn’t so terrible, was it? | 也没那么可怕 对吧 |
[41:33] | Lindsay Dole Lindsay Dole. | |
[41:37] | What? | 什么 |
[41:51] | We don’t know if there’s any family or anyone else | 我们不知道有没有家人或其他人 |
[41:52] | to make an ID, sorry to do this. | 可以来验证身份 很抱歉 |
[41:55] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[42:10] | There’s three gunshot wounds. | 三处枪伤 |
[42:14] | That’s him, John Aikman. | 就是他 John Aikman |
[42:18] | Would you have any idea who? | 你知道是谁干的吗 |
[42:24] | None. | 不知道 |