时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | I will ask you one more time to reconsider | 我要再次请你仔细考虑一下 |
[00:10] | I’ve given it a lot of thought Mark | 我已经考虑得非常仔细了 Mark |
[00:12] | I know this | 我就知道 |
[00:13] | and both you and Scott vowed from the onset | 从一开始 你跟Scott两个就保证过 |
[00:15] | It would be my decision | 这个案子完全由我主导 |
[00:16] | which is still is | 现在也一样 |
[00:17] | But as DA, | 但是作为检察官 |
[00:18] | Scott is the one who takes the heat from… | Scott会承受来自公众的压力… |
[00:20] | I don’t mind taking the heat | 我不介意承受压力 |
[00:22] | Can I give the speech one more time | 我可以再说一下我的意见吗 |
[00:24] | just to be sure that I’ve made the point | 我只想确保我的想法都说清楚了 |
[00:27] | If the point gets any more arches to my brow, | 你所谓的想法 |
[00:29] | I’m gonna need to take time off to get Botox | 我听得耳朵都已经起了老茧了 |
[00:31] | But….OK, go ahead | 不过…好吧 你说吧 |
[00:33] | Aside from the First Amendment issues | 除了第一修正案的因素之外 |
[00:36] | To be prosecuting a news magazine for murder | 以谋杀罪来起诉一家新闻类杂志 |
[00:39] | Accessory | 协从谋杀 |
[00:40] | You’ll never win | 你不可能打得赢的 |
[00:41] | And even if you should | 而且即使你赢了 |
[00:42] | the appeals would go on through the SJC | 上诉会打到麻省最高法院 |
[00:45] | all the way to the Supreme Court | 然后一直打到联邦最高法院 |
[00:47] | Great! I will get to meet Rehnquist. | 好极了 那我就有机会见见伦奎斯特 |
[00:49] | always had a crush | 我一直很崇拜他 |
[00:51] | Helen Helen, | |
[00:53] | It’s a taxpayer’s money | 我们花的是纳税人的钱 |
[00:54] | Can we really justify spending ten million dollars | 花1000万去打一场注定会被推翻的案子 |
[00:57] | to secure a conviction that’s gonna be struck down? | 你能觉得心安理得吗 |
[01:00] | My speech | 轮到我说话了 |
[01:02] | Sure | 你说 |
[01:02] | as result of the actions of that television producer | 因为那个电视制片人的行为 |
[01:04] | a woman is dead | 一位女子死于非命 |
[01:05] | It was a criminal act | 这是犯罪行为 |
[01:07] | I only wish I could make a case against the whole network | 我只希望我能够对整家电视台提起检控 |
[01:10] | That kind of comment… | 你这么说话… |
[01:11] | It is still my decision, right? | 这个案子由我做主 对吧 |
[01:13] | Yes | 是 |
[01:15] | in part, because you crucify Scott Kobe in the press | 部分原因是 因为他不想承担这个责任 |
[01:18] | ** If he were nicked. | |
[01:18] | well… | 呃… |
[01:20] | whichever way we get there, wish me luck | 不管我用什么样的方式 祝我好运吧 |
[02:20] | there is speculation that if the executive producer of Timeline | 据分析 如果Timeline电视台的执行制片人 |
[02:23] | is found guilty | 被判定罪名成立 |
[02:25] | a civil lawsuit against ABC will follow | 紧接着就会出现针对ABC的民事诉讼 |
[02:28] | Many think the district attorney is prosecuting the producer first | 很多人认为 检察官是想首先起诉制片人 |
[02:32] | hoping an accessory conviction against him | 希望他被判协从谋杀罪名成立 |
[02:35] | would boost chances of getting a murder conviction against the doctor | 这样可以提高针对医生的谋杀指控的胜率 |
[02:40] | you are actually doing this? | 你真的要这么做吗 |
[02:42] | prosecuting a news producer for murder? | 检控新闻制片人犯谋杀罪? |
[02:44] | accessory | 协从 |
[02:45] | accessory to murder | 协从谋杀 |
[02:47] | which he is guilty of if he encouraged it | 如果他教唆别人谋杀 他就是有罪 |
[02:51] | well, this will certainly give you fifteen minutes | 当然 这样你就可以得到15分钟的演说时间 |
[02:54] | you think that’s what this is about? | 你觉得我就是为了这个吗 |
[02:57] | No! | 不是 |
[03:02] | what is this about? | 那你是为了什么呢 |
[03:45] | I won’t tell | 我不会跟别人说 |
[03:49] | But if I were to tell, | 但是如果我要跟别人说 |
[03:52] | what would I say you were doing? | 我该告诉他们你在做什么呢 |
[03:56] | I’m taking some ball room dancing lessons | 我在上交谊舞的课程 |
[03:58] | my son has these dances,so…. | 我儿子在学跳舞 所以… |
[04:01] | I wanna teach him | 我想教他 |
[04:03] | First, I have to learn how. | 首先 我自己得先学会 |
[04:06] | I can ball room dance, | 我会跳交谊舞 |
[04:08] | I can teach your son if you want | 如果你需要 我可以教你儿子 |
[04:10] | I really wouldn’t mind | 我真的愿意 |
[04:13] | um… | 嗯… |
[04:15] | are you any good? | 你跳得好吗 |
[04:20] | Did you announce yourselves | 你们进去的时候 |
[04:21] | as police officers as you entered? | 是否表明了自己的警察身份 |
[04:24] | Yes, we did, | 是的 我们说 |
[04:25] | we are police, freeze | 警察 不许动 |
[04:27] | the next thing, he was shooting | 接下来 他就开枪了 |
[04:29] | the defendant? | 被告? |
[04:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[04:31] | I was wounded in both the shoulder and the leg | 我的肩膀和腿都受了伤 |
[04:34] | the warrant was for the house next door, | 你们的搜查令是针对隔壁那家的? |
[04:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[04:37] | You made a mistake | 你们搞错了? |
[04:38] | Yes. But that doesn’t mean.. | 是的 但这并不表示… |
[04:40] | Thank you detective, you answered the question. | 谢谢你 警官 你已经回答了我的问题 |
[04:41] | Now, when you charged into the wrong house, | 当你们错误地闯进我的当事人家里 |
[04:44] | almost instantly, | 几乎在一瞬间 |
[04:45] | -my client began shooting -Yes. | -我的当事人开始开枪 -是的 |
[04:48] | -immediately -Yes. | -直接就开枪了? -是的 |
[04:49] | -And your man returned fire -Yes | -你们就开枪还击? -是的 |
[04:51] | -Wounding my client -Yes | -打伤了我的当事人? -是的 |
[04:53] | He was shot three times | 他中了三弹 |
[04:55] | I believe so. | 我想是的 |
[04:56] | you basically charged into the home of an innocent person | 事实上 你们是冲进了一个无辜的人家里 |
[05:00] | shot him three times | 打了他三枪 |
[05:01] | Objection | 反对 |
[05:02] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[05:03] | that’s all I have. | 我问完了 |
[05:04] | we will take a break until one o’clock | 我们休庭到一点钟 |
[05:06] | Mr. Donnell, | Donnell先生 |
[05:08] | I’ll see you in chambers a minute | 请到我办公室来一下 |
[05:12] | For the record, I won’t allow any more arguments in question form. | 我正式告诫你 我不准许你再跟证人争论 |
[05:16] | all lawyers love to do it, | 所有的律师都喜欢这么干 |
[05:18] | you seem particularly fond of it | 而你更显得尤其钟爱这种做法 |
[05:20] | I’m putting you on notice right now, | 我现在正式提醒你 |
[05:21] | that I will be cutting you off in open court | 在法庭上你再这样 我会打断你 |
[05:23] | I don’t think I have been any more argumentative | 我并不觉得我比检察官 |
[05:25] | than the district attorney | 更喜欢争论 |
[05:26] | well,I think you have. | 哦 我觉得你有 |
[05:28] | I will be shutting her down too if we come to that. | 如果她有这种迹象 我同样会打断她 |
[05:34] | Is that, is that all? | 还有 还有别的事吗 |
[05:36] | No, uh, | 呃 还有 |
[05:38] | Could you sit? | 你坐下好吗 |
[05:42] | um, this, this is a little awkward, | 呃 这个 这个说起来有点尴尬 |
[05:50] | I take pride in adhering strictly to ethical obligations, | 我一向以严格遵守职业伦理而自豪 |
[05:56] | and, as grace as this is, | 而且 我尊敬我的职业 |
[05:58] | what, what’s going on? | 怎么 怎么回事 |
[05:59] | It has absolutely no bearing on this case, | 跟这个案子绝对没有任何关系 |
[06:05] | uh, I suppose the easiest way for me to say it is, | 呃 我想最简单的说出这件事的办法 |
[06:10] | for me to just say it, | 就是开口直说 |
[06:17] | about six weeks ago, | 大概六个星期之前 |
[06:19] | I had what I would consider to be an extremely erotic dream | 我做了一个非常色情的性梦 |
[06:26] | and you were in it. | 梦里面有你 |
[06:28] | I won’t go into the details, | 细节我就不说了 |
[06:30] | except to say that you were quite well represented | 我只说 你的反应很热烈 |
[06:34] | The problem is, | 问题在于 |
[06:36] | that I share this with judge Hiller, | 我把这件事告诉了Hiller法官 |
[06:38] | she and I are friends as you know, | 你知道 我们俩是好朋友 |
[06:39] | You told judge Hiller? | 你告诉了Hiller法官? |
[06:41] | oh, she’s more of sport than you think | 哦 她可没你想象的那么古板 |
[06:43] | We had a couple of school girl chuckles | 我们大笑了一阵 |
[06:46] | anyway,as you also know, | 总而言之 你知道 |
[06:48] | if there is anyone more insistent on ethical obligations than I | 如果说有谁比我更注重职业伦理 |
[06:52] | It’s Zoey. | 那就是Zoey |
[06:54] | She came here yesterday, | 她昨天到我办公室来 |
[06:57] | and she said, | 她跟我说 |
[06:59] | given that I had a sexual fantasy involving one of the lawyers, | 鉴于在我审理的这个案子当中 |
[07:05] | on a case of which I am presiding | 我对其中一个律师发生过性幻想 |
[07:07] | I should perhaps recuse myself | 我也许应该回避 |
[07:10] | I thought the idea ridiculous, | 我觉得这个主意很荒谬 |
[07:13] | and I said so, | 我也是这么回答她的 |
[07:15] | But, | 但是 |
[07:16] | as she pointed out, | 正如她所说的 |
[07:19] | a judge has the duty to avoid even the appearance of impropriety | 法官有义务避免不正当行为 哪怕只是表面上的 |
[07:27] | Now, it has no influence on this case, | 我确定 它对这个案子没有任何影响 |
[07:31] | But I felt that perhaps I should | 但是同时我觉得 |
[07:34] | bring it to your attention, | 也许我应该告诉你 |
[07:36] | and if you feel that I should recuse myself | 如果你觉得我应该回避 |
[07:40] | I will | 那我就回避 |
[07:42] | But I… | 但是我… |
[07:50] | if it has no bearing, | 如果对案子没有影响 |
[07:53] | it doesn’t | 是没有影响 |
[07:56] | I think the trial is going well for my client, | 我觉得案子目前的情况对我的当事人有利 |
[07:58] | Well, it would definitely be unethical for me | 我如果回答这个问题的话 |
[08:00] | to comment on that | 无疑会违反职业道德 |
[08:06] | if you don’t think it will interfere with your ability, | 如果你认为不会影响你的专业判断 |
[08:09] | to be impartial | 不会影响你的公正性 |
[08:11] | then,um,um, | 那么 呃 呃 |
[08:14] | I’m, | 我… |
[08:16] | I’m OK | 我没有异议 |
[08:18] | Fine. | 那好 |
[08:20] | That’s all then. | 没别的事了 |
[08:25] | um, Bobby? | 嗯 Bobby |
[08:27] | this, of course is extremely sensitive, | 这件事 当然是非常敏感的 |
[08:31] | I’ll say embarrassing, | 可以说令人尴尬 |
[08:34] | If you wouldn’t mind, not telling anybody. | 如果你不介意 希望你不要告诉别人 |
[08:49] | And you sure this is what you wish to do? | 你确定你真的要这么做吗 |
[08:52] | Yes | 是的 |
[08:55] | I’m Godly sure | 我非常确定 |
[08:58] | is there anything else you’d like to say, Mary? | 你还有什么话想说吗 Mary |
[09:01] | the drug will take effect almost immediately | 药物注射后几乎马上就会发生作用 |
[09:04] | I have to take criminal sue | 我会受到刑事检控 |
[09:07] | I have said my goodbyes | 道别的话我都已经说过了 |
[09:10] | I just want to die now | 我现在只想死去 |
[09:14] | remember there will be two different injections | 我会给你注射两种不同的药物 |
[09:17] | -the second one will put you out. -Ok. | -第二种药物会把你带走 -好的 |
[09:22] | there is one last thing, | 最后一件事 |
[09:25] | Yes? | 你说 |
[09:27] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:05] | and that was it | 就这样 |
[10:07] | Mary Burlinton closed her eyes | Mary Burlinton闭上了双眼 |
[10:09] | and went from living to dead | 从生命走向了死亡 |
[10:24] | How long have you been a producer on Timeline? | 你在Timeline电视台担任制片人有多久了 |
[10:26] | almost three years | 差不多三年 |
[10:28] | and in your capacity as producer | 作为台里的一名制片人 |
[10:29] | did you have the occasion to meet doctor Ryan, | 你是否见过Ryan医生 |
[10:32] | the physician featured in the tape? | 也就是录像带中的那位内科医生 |
[10:34] | Yes. | 见过 |
[10:34] | he came in for a meeting in November of 1998 | 他在1998年11月来参加过一个会议 |
[10:37] | who was present in the meeting? | 这次会议都有哪些人参加 |
[10:39] | myself, doctor Ryan, and John Matline, | 我自己 Ryan医生 还有John Matline |
[10:41] | our executive producer | 我们的执行制片人 |
[10:43] | could you describe the context of the meeting? | 你能不能描述一下这次会议的内容 |
[10:45] | well, doctor Ryan had just recently | Ryan医生刚刚在一桩 |
[10:48] | been acquitted for the third time | 协助自杀的指控中被判无罪 |
[10:49] | for assistant suicides | 这也是第三次脱罪 |
[10:51] | he was basically proposing | 他提出了一个建议 |
[10:53] | that he’d be the subject of an in-depth interview | 他愿意接受一次深度访谈 |
[10:56] | a profile sort of thing. | 人物专访什么的 |
[10:57] | How did Mr.Matline respond? | Matline先生怎么回答他的 |
[10:59] | it was negative | 他没有同意 |
[11:01] | he said the physician assisted suicide thing was a tired issue | 他说医生协助自杀的话题已经令人厌倦了 |
[11:04] | and unless there’s a new spin, he wouldn’t be interested | 除非有新的元素 否则他没有兴趣 |
[11:07] | he also felt Doctor Ryan was just trying to promote his quest | 他也知道Ryan医生只是想借此宣传自己 |
[11:11] | so he said no. | 所以他拒绝了 |
[11:12] | Yes | 是的 |
[11:13] | but then, as doctor Ryan was about to leave | 但是 当Ryan医生正准备离开的时候 |
[11:15] | John said, | John说 |
[11:17] | you don’t have any of these assisted suicides on video tape | 你没有任何关于协助自杀的录像吧 |
[11:21] | do you? | 有没有 |
[11:22] | what did doctor Ryan say to that? | Ryan医生怎么回答的 |
[11:24] | he said no. | 他说没有 |
[11:25] | but I could see his wheel spinning. | 但是我可以看到他两眼放光 |
[11:26] | objection | 反对 |
[11:27] | sustained. | 反对有效 |
[11:28] | jury will disregard that statement | 陪审团请忽略这一句陈述 |
[11:31] | Ms. Kramer, | Kramer太太 |
[11:31] | Could you describe the tone | 请描述一下Matline先生 |
[11:33] | of Mr.Matline’s question | 在问Ryan医生有没有录像的时候 |
[11:35] | to doctor Ryan as to whether there is a tape | 他的语气是怎样的 |
[11:37] | in my opinion, it was the equivalent to a suggestion | 我的感觉 他相当于是在提建议 |
[11:41] | he was basically saying if you have it on video tape, | 他实际上是在说 如果你有录像资料 |
[11:43] | we’d be interested. | 我们就会感兴趣 |
[11:44] | objection | 反对 |
[11:45] | overruled | 反对无效 |
[11:46] | do you think the defendant encouraged the tape? | 你是否认为被告在鼓励制作录像 |
[11:49] | objection, leading | 反对 诱导提问 |
[11:51] | overruled | 反对无效 |
[11:52] | I’ll ask again | 我再问一遍 |
[11:53] | is it your impression that | 根据你的判断 |
[11:54] | Mr. Matline encouraged doctor Ryan | Matline先生是否鼓励Ryan医生 |
[11:57] | to get it on tape? | 把自杀的过程录下来 |
[11:59] | Yes, it was. | 是的 是这样 |
[12:01] | He didn’t say, go on, get one on tape, did he? | 他并没有说 去吧 拍个录像 有没有 |
[12:04] | No, none of those words | 没有 他没有这样说 |
[12:05] | and when he was referring to video tape, | 当他说到录影带的时候 |
[12:06] | he was talking in the past tense, | 他问的是当时他手上是不是已经有录影带 |
[12:09] | is that right? | 对不对 |
[12:09] | Yes, but as I said, | 是的 但是我说过 |
[12:11] | I felt an implied suggestion that | 我觉得他的话里有一种暗示 |
[12:12] | this doctor go out and do something in the future | 暗示这个医生回去之后做点什么 |
[12:15] | and that bothered you | 你为此感到不安 |
[12:16] | Yes | 是的 |
[12:16] | and after you heard what you believed to be | 既然你认为Matline先生鼓励Ryan医生回去之后 |
[12:18] | Mr. Matline encouraging Doctor Ryan to go out | 把协助自杀的过程做成录像 |
[12:20] | and tape an assisted suicide, | 在你听到他这么说之后 |
[12:22] | what did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[12:23] | what did I do? | 我做了什么 |
[12:24] | Yes | 对 |
[12:25] | Did you protest to Mr.Matline? | 你有没有向Matline先生表示异议 |
[12:27] | Did you say anything to anybody at that time? | 当时那你有没有向任何人说过这个事情 |
[12:31] | No. | 没有 |
[12:32] | well, I guess it didn’t bother you that much, | 看来 你并没有觉得多么不安 |
[12:34] | hey, Ms. Kramer | 是吧 Kramer女士 |
[12:35] | objection | 反对 |
[12:36] | overruled | 反对无效 |
[12:36] | after hearing what you believe to be | 你认为别人是在鼓励自杀 |
[12:38] | somebody encouraging a suicide, | 可是你在听了之后 |
[12:40] | you just sit tight | 却无动于衷 |
[12:42] | is that the honorable thing to do? | 你觉得这样做是高尚的吗 |
[12:43] | objection | 反对 |
[12:44] | alright, Mr.Robertson | 够了 Robertson先生 |
[12:45] | isn’t it true that | 事实上 |
[12:46] | it was only after the negative public response to this broadcast | 是在观众对这个节目做出负面的反应之后 |
[12:50] | that you seized the opportunity to go after my client | 你才利用这个机会来对付我的当事人 |
[12:53] | that is not true | 不是这样的 |
[12:54] | you like John Matline, Mrs . Kramer? | 你跟John Matline处得好吗 Kramer女士 |
[12:56] | we had our differences | 我们是有些分歧 |
[12:57] | ever tried to get him fired? | 有没有试图让电视台开除他 |
[12:59] | objection | 反对 |
[12:59] | overruled | 反对无效 |
[13:00] | Did you ever try to take his job, Ms. Kramer? | 你有没有试图接替他的职位 Kramer女士 |
[13:03] | our differences were professional, | 我们的分歧纯粹是工作上的 |
[13:04] | it has nothing to do with me sitting in this chair today | 我并不是因为我们的分歧才到法庭上来作证 |
[13:07] | no, of course not, | 不 当然不是 |
[13:08] | because you are an honorable person | 因为你是一个高尚的人 |
[13:09] | objection | 反对 |
[13:10] | this is just political, isn’t it? | 这一切只关乎政治 对不对 |
[13:12] | or should I drag that question to the district attorney? | 也许这个问题我应该问检察官更合适 |
[13:14] | objection | 反对 |
[13:15] | sustained | 反对有效 |
[13:16] | and after doctor Ryan came back with the tape, | 你觉得是你的老板唆使了这桩罪行 |
[13:20] | having committed this terrible crime | 那么当Ryan医生实施了这个可怕的罪行 |
[13:22] | that you think your boss motivated | 带着录像带回来找你们 |
[13:24] | Did you resign? | 你有没有辞职 |
[13:26] | No. | 没有 |
[13:28] | You’re still with the company? | 你还在电视台上班? |
[13:30] | Yes | 是的 |
[13:36] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[13:44] | you are calling the doctor? | 你要传唤医生吗 |
[13:46] | I have to | 我别无选择 |
[13:47] | This case would be tough enough | 这个案子本来就非常难打了 |
[13:48] | without relying on a hostile witness, | 你还要传唤一个敌意证人 |
[13:50] | Don’t you..? | 难道你… |
[13:50] | I have to establish that the crime was committed | 我必须证明已经发生了犯罪行为 |
[13:52] | otherwise I cannot make it accessory | 否则我不可能证明协从犯罪 |
[13:54] | but why should the doctor help? | 可是医生凭什么要帮你呢 |
[13:55] | He goes on trial himself, that’s enough. | 他自己也会接受审判 这就足够了 |
[13:56] | He doesn’t care if he gets committed. | 他不在乎会不会被定罪 |
[13:57] | He’s a murder. | 他是谋杀犯 |
[13:59] | Helen, He’s a hostile witness | Helen 他是敌意证人 |
[14:00] | who could destroy your whole case! | 他可能会毁了你整个的指控 |
[14:02] | Let him try. | 看他有多大能耐 |
[14:05] | what is with you! | 你什么毛病 |
[14:07] | I heard that! | 我听到了 |
[14:15] | your honor, | 法官阁下 |
[14:16] | oh, great, | 哦 太棒了 |
[14:21] | six years I have been riding this elevator, | 这部电梯我坐了六年了 |
[14:23] | I don’t think I have ever been alone with you | 我记得从来没有单独跟你一起坐过 |
[14:28] | like one last ** confession | 就好像最后的表白 |
[14:31] | well,well, it’s… | 呃 呃 这个… |
[14:34] | I do apologize | 我向你道歉 |
[14:36] | it wasn’t something you could have avoid, | 你也是不由自主罢了 |
[14:38] | oh isn’t that a vain take on it? | 你是不是该谦虚一点 |
[14:41] | I didn’t mean it that way, I ,I ,I meant it was… | 我不是那个意思 我 我 我是说… |
[14:44] | it was a dream, | 只是做个梦而已 |
[14:45] | not something you did consciously | 不是有意识的 |
[14:47] | it’s just… | 只是… |
[14:49] | that was so… | 这个梦是那么… |
[14:52] | vivid.. | 生动 |
[14:58] | well,um… | 哦 嗯… |
[15:00] | see you in there | 庭上见 |
[15:02] | Yes. | 再会 |
[15:09] | that’s it | 对了 |
[15:11] | you should also listen to the music, | 你还要听着音乐的节奏 |
[15:13] | it will.. | 这样可以… |
[15:13] | I’m listening | 我在听呢 |
[15:15] | it should be noticeable that you are listening | 如果你在听 那就应该表现出来 |
[15:17] | wh…what’s going on? | 这…这是干什么 |
[15:19] | um, dancing lessons. | 嗯 舞蹈课 |
[15:20] | he wants to learn and I figure, | 他想学跳舞 于是我想 |
[15:22] | it’s a good way I can spend some time with him | 这样我正好可以多花点时间陪他 |
[15:25] | that’s it, Kendall | 就这样 Kendall |
[15:26] | excellent | 非常好 |
[15:28] | he did not tell me to go videotape the death, | 他没有叫我把死亡的过程录下来 |
[15:31] | why did you do it? | 那你为什么这么做 |
[15:31] | because I chose to,and I… | 因为我想这么做 而且我… |
[15:33] | so it’s just a big coincidence, | 难道这只是个巧合 |
[15:34] | the defendant says to you | 被告对你说 |
[15:36] | have you got one on tape | 你有没有录像 |
[15:37] | and suddenly you choose to turn on the video recorder | 突然之间 你就想去录一个 |
[15:39] | objection, this is her witness | 反对 这是她自己的证人 |
[15:41] | a hostile witness | 他是敌意证人 |
[15:42] | who nevertheless should be allowed to finished his answers | 不管怎样 你都应该让他把话说完 |
[15:45] | I agree | 我同意 |
[15:47] | you were seeking news coverage, weren’t you doctor? | 你是想制造新闻 对不对 医生 |
[15:49] | I don’t deny that. | 我不否认这一点 |
[15:50] | but it certainly played no part in my decision | 但这跟对Burlinton太太实施安乐死的决定之间 |
[15:52] | to participate in euthanasing Mrs. Burlinton. | 并没有任何关系 |
[15:55] | and I take extreme offense at your suggestion | 我觉得你这种说法是对我的极大冒犯 |
[15:58] | the issue of euthanasia, you feel strongly about this, | 对于安乐死的问题 你有强烈的关心 |
[16:00] | don’t you doctor? | 对不对 医生 |
[16:01] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[16:02] | You’re passionate about this | 你对此充满激情 |
[16:04] | well… | 呃… |
[16:04] | did you do anything else? | 除此之外 你还关心别的事情吗 |
[16:06] | do you treat patients as a physician | 除了帮助病人死去之外 |
[16:07] | other than to help them die? | 你尽过一个医生应有的职责吗 |
[16:11] | you are passionate about this | 你对此充满激情 |
[16:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:14] | in fact, the segment on Timeline | 事实上 节目在Timeline电视台播出 |
[16:15] | would be huge exposure | 是极好的曝光机会 |
[16:16] | for you and this issue, wouldn’t it? | 增加你跟安乐死话题的影响力 不是吗 |
[16:18] | that’s not why.. | 我不是因为这个… |
[16:19] | the question is, | 我的问题是 |
[16:20] | would a segment on Timeline be great exposure? | 上Timeline电视台的节目是很好的曝光机会 |
[16:22] | yes or no? | 是或不是 |
[16:23] | of course | 当然是 |
[16:24] | do you think your passion for this cause | 你觉不觉得 你对这个问题的热情 |
[16:25] | could have possiblely make you slightly more | 至少有可能在一定程度上 |
[16:27] | inclined to put Mrs. Burlinton to death? | 令你更倾向于帮助Burlinton太太死去 |
[16:29] | -No. -Objection | -没有 -反对 |
[16:31] | it was her decision, Ms. Gamble | 这是她自己的决定 Gamble女士 |
[16:33] | the tape clearly reflected that. | 录像带反映得很清楚 |
[16:35] | don’t you think patients are influenced by their doctors? | 你难道不觉得病人会受到医生的影响吗 |
[16:38] | I will tell you, | 我告诉你 |
[16:39] | in this situation, like every situation, | 在这个病例中 就像其他所有的病例一样 |
[16:41] | the patient was of sound mind and free will, | 病人在作出结束自己痛苦的决定时 |
[16:44] | when she decided that she wanted to end her sufferring, | 心智清楚 意志自由 |
[16:47] | she was of sound mind? | 她心智清楚? |
[16:49] | yes | 是的 |
[16:50] | you think sufferring people are of sound mind? | 你觉得遭受病痛折磨的人心智清楚吗 |
[16:53] | ever known pain to compromise a person’s judgment,doctor? | 你听说过病痛会削弱一个人的判断力吗 医生 |
[16:57] | that wasn’t going on here. | 在这个病例中不存在这样的情况 |
[16:58] | I heard her say on that tape | 我听到她在录像带中说 |
[17:00] | that God was sure it was time for her to die. | 上帝知道 她死亡的时刻已经到了 |
[17:03] | what did she mean by that? | 她这么说是什么意思 |
[17:05] | well… | 呃… |
[17:05] | did you even bother to ask what she meant? | 你有没有费心问问她这句话是什么意思 |
[17:07] | objection | 反对 |
[17:08] | overruled | 反对无效 |
[17:09] | or did you have to run out and kill somebody else like that? | 还是说你得赶紧处理完 好去杀另外的人? |
[17:12] | objection | 反对 |
[17:12] | Ms. Gamble | Gamble女士 |
[17:13] | how long have you been treating Mrs. Burlinton? | 你为Burlinton太太治疗有多长时间了 |
[17:15] | not too long. | 不是太久 |
[17:16] | more than a year? | 有一年以上吗 |
[17:17] | no. | 没有 |
[17:17] | a month? | 一个月? |
[17:18] | a few weeks.. | 几个星期 |
[17:18] | a few weeks. | 几个星期 |
[17:19] | can you say you truly knew this woman? | 你能说你真正了解这个女人吗 |
[17:21] | I knew and trusted her decision. | 我知道并且信任她自己的决定 |
[17:22] | doctor | 医生 |
[17:23] | don’t you think you should at least know the person | 你难道不觉得在你向病人注射致命的药物之前 |
[17:26] | before you injected them with the fatal drug | 你至少应该对他们有些了解吗 |
[17:28] | objection | 反对 |
[17:28] | Ms. Gamble. | Gamble女士 |
[17:29] | if there was a cure for Mrs. Burlinton, | 如果Burlinton太太的病还有其它疗法 |
[17:31] | do you think she would have wanted to die? | 你觉得她还会想死吗 |
[17:33] | probably not. | 也许不会 |
[17:34] | but there was no cure. | 但是没有其它疗法了 |
[17:35] | how many doctors did you talk to | 在你认定没有其它疗法之前 |
[17:37] | before concluding there was no cure? | 你咨询了几个医生 |
[17:38] | ALS is no… | 肌肉萎缩性侧面硬化症非常地… |
[17:39] | Did you call Johns Hopkins? | 你有没有问过约翰霍普金斯医学院 |
[17:41] | UCLA, the Mayo clinic, | 加州大学洛桑机分校 梅奥诊所 |
[17:43] | did you do any research as to whether a cure, | 你有没有调查过存不存在某些疗法 |
[17:46] | any experimental drugs would be viable | 有没有某些试验药物很快会面世 |
[17:49] | within a week, a month, two months. | 也许一个星期 一个月 两个月 |
[17:50] | it’s my understanding there is no such cure or drug | 据我所知 不存在这样的疗法或药物 |
[17:53] | it’s your understanding, doctor, | 据你所知没有 医生 |
[17:55] | don’t you think you should make absolutely sure | 你难道不觉得你应该绝对地了解清楚 |
[17:58] | before you killed her? | 然后才能动手杀她吗 |
[17:59] | objection | 反对 |
[18:00] | this man is not on trial. | 他不是本案中的被告 |
[18:02] | she wasn’t even in the | 她甚至都没有到 |
[18:03] | final stage of ALS, was she? | 肌肉萎缩性侧面硬化症的晚期 对不对 |
[18:05] | she could still talk | 她还可以说话 |
[18:06] | she was sufferring. | 她遭受着痛苦 |
[18:07] | do you have any experience with direct patient care? | 你是否有任何直接护理病人的经验 |
[18:10] | no, but I.. | 没有 但是我… |
[18:11] | and you have no expertise with pain management, do you? | 而且你也没有疼痛治疗方面的经验 对不对 |
[18:13] | you just kill people. | 你只知道杀人 |
[18:15] | -objection -Ms. Gamble | -反对 -Gamble女士 |
[18:16] | that’s why you will be prosecuted next month for murder. | 所以你下个月会被提起谋杀指控 |
[18:19] | objection | 反对 |
[18:20] | sustained. | 反对有效 |
[18:21] | Ms. Gamble | Gamble女士 |
[18:22] | you are getting off track | 你已经偏离主题了 |
[18:25] | way off track | 你偏得太远了 |
[18:25] | you lost sight of of the track, Helen… | 你已经看不见原来的路了 Helen |
[18:26] | I really appreciate the support, Linsay. | 我很感激你这么支持我 Lindsay |
[18:30] | Helen Helen, | |
[18:31] | I’m not here to beat you up, | 我不是要来教训你 |
[18:33] | whatever your feelings for the doctor, | 不管你有多么讨厌那个医生 |
[18:34] | This case is about whether | 这个案子的关键在于 |
[18:35] | that news show aided and abetted a murder, | 那个电视节目是否唆使了谋杀犯罪 |
[18:38] | it’s Matline’s state of mind that counts | Matline的心理状态才是最重要的 |
[18:39] | convincing the jury that doctor ** in there is evil | 说服陪审团相信那个医生是个坏人 |
[18:42] | won’t buy a conviction against Matine in this trial, | 并不能证明Matline在这个案子中的罪名成立 |
[18:44] | and for you to be losing sight of that, | 而你居然没有看到这一点 |
[18:50] | this is about your grandmother | 都是因为你奶奶 |
[18:52] | about you hating doctors for pulling the plug on her | 因为你恨那些医生拔掉了插头 |
[18:54] | I agreed to pull that plug. | 我也同意拔掉插头 |
[18:56] | you didn’t do anything. | 你什么都没做 |
[18:58] | you were seventeen. | 你才十七岁 |
[19:00] | this isn’t something you should be planning out in that room | 你在法庭上不应该联想到这些事情 |
[19:04] | the defendant encouraged a murder | 被告唆使了谋杀 |
[19:07] | then keep it about the defendant | 那就把焦点集中在被告身上 |
[19:12] | it’s irrelevant | 这跟案件没有关联 |
[19:13] | that’s for a jury to decide | 是否有关联应该由陪审团来决定 |
[19:14] | it is not, Jean. Relevance is a bench call | 不对 Jean 关联性由法官裁断 |
[19:16] | the jury… | 陪审团… |
[19:17] | how about letting the bench make the call? | 那就让法官来裁断好了 |
[19:20] | I’ll take it to ** | 我决定允许检方提出来 |
[19:22] | if I think it’s.. | 如果我觉得… |
[19:22] | your honor, whether or not he had a valid gun permitted, | 法官阁下 他是否合法持有枪支 |
[19:25] | doesn’t make any difference! | 跟案件完全没有关系 |
[19:26] | then why are you so concerned? | 那你这么紧张干什么 |
[19:28] | because she’s putting it in | 因为她这么做 |
[19:28] | to make my client look like a bad guy | 是想让我的当事人显得像个坏人 |
[19:30] | I’m putting it in to show your guy has a thing about guns | 我只是想证明你的当事人对枪有一种狂热 |
[19:32] | oh, please! | 哦 拜托 |
[19:33] | I’ll admit it to ** | 我允许检方提出 |
[19:34] | if I think it’s prejudicial, | 如果我认为会导致偏见 |
[19:35] | I’ll strike it later | 我以后会做出说明 |
[19:37] | it’s not a bell with much of a ding, counsel. | 这个事情对案件不会有决定性的影响 律师 |
[19:42] | let’s go back in. | 回去开庭吧 |
[19:46] | it’s irrelevant, and you know it! | 这个证据没有关联性 你自己知道 |
[19:58] | I think I’m going to recuse myself | 我想我还是要回避 |
[20:02] | I keep thinking about you, | 我一直不停地想着你 |
[20:04] | did you know what that probably is? | 你知道是什么原因吗 |
[20:05] | it’s that stupid cologne you are wearing | 也许是你擦的破古龙香水 |
[20:08] | my husband wore that. | 我丈夫以前也擦古龙 |
[20:09] | we even buried him in it | 甚至在他入土的时候 我们也给他擦上这种香水 |
[20:13] | maybe I’m having a midlife crisis,anyway, | 也许我真在经历中年危机 不管怎样 |
[20:17] | well | 呃 |
[20:18] | it will probably be a mistrial | 也许会导致无效审判 |
[20:19] | yes, I know, | 是 我知道 |
[20:22] | I’m sorry, | 对不起 |
[20:23] | On what reason will you give a mistrial | 审判都已经进行到这个阶段了 |
[20:24] | at this point will beyond the record. | 你用什么理由来回避 |
[20:27] | I don’t know | 我不知道 |
[20:31] | maybe I’ll say I’m taking ill | 也许我可以说我病了 |
[20:34] | what a mess | 真是一团糟 |
[20:38] | you know what Zoey said to me? | 你知道Zoey怎么说我的吗 |
[20:40] | she said, | 她说 |
[20:41] | Reberta Reberta, | |
[20:42] | your heart would never go anywhere uninvited, | 你不会无缘无故地喜欢上别人 |
[20:45] | and then she said, | 接着她又说 |
[20:46] | are you sure he doesn’t have a little crush on you? | 你敢说他对你一点意思也没有? |
[20:50] | that’s not the case, is it? | 她说得不对 是吧 |
[20:53] | um, well.. | 嗯 这个… |
[20:54] | I, I don’t mean to embarrass you, | 我 我无意让你难堪 |
[20:57] | what? is, is it so totally nuts you and an old woman? | 怎么 你 你跟个老女人真的那么不可理喻 |
[21:01] | No! No.. | 不是 不是 |
[21:02] | you could be honest | 你可以诚实一点 |
[21:03] | I’m recusing myself | 我反正要回避这个案子 |
[21:06] | have you ever fantasize about an older woman? | 你有没有曾经对老女人发生过幻想 |
[21:11] | Jacqueline Bisset Jacqueline Bisset | |
[21:13] | Jacqueline Bisset Jacqueline Bisset | |
[21:15] | and not me. | 不是我 |
[21:18] | well, um… | 呃 嗯… |
[21:20] | you are the judge, I | 你是法官 我… |
[21:21] | ev..even if I, I would, | 即使…即使我 我… |
[21:23] | never with a..a judge.. | 绝不会跟…跟法官 |
[21:27] | it’s probably the robe. | 也许是因为法袍 |
[21:30] | yeah | 嗯 |
[21:33] | well, I’m sorry, | 呃 对不起 |
[21:35] | for being human | 我感情用事了 |
[21:39] | we’ll be getting you another judge | 我们会重新指派一位法官 |
[21:41] | OK. | 好的 |
[21:50] | thanks | 谢谢 |
[22:04] | the idea that I solicited that tape is beneath comment | 说我怂恿别人拍那个录像带完全是无稽之谈 |
[22:08] | and what exactly did you say to Doctor Ryan? | 那么你跟Doctor Ryan到底是怎么说的 |
[22:11] | I asked him if he had a video tape, | 我问他有没有录像带 |
[22:14] | past tense. | 问他是不是已经有了 |
[22:15] | I never directly nor indirectly suggested | 我从来没有直接或间接地 |
[22:18] | that he go out and get one. | 建议他回去拍一个录像 |
[22:20] | why did you ask if he had a tape? | 你为什么问他有没有录像带 |
[22:22] | I won’t deny it might made a difference | 我不否认 录像带会很有用 |
[22:24] | a man has a video tape of an act of euthanasia, | 把安乐死的过程录制下来 |
[22:28] | that’s news. | 很有新闻效果 |
[22:29] | so it would be fair | 所以理所当然 |
[22:30] | for doctor Ryan to leave your office | 当Ryan医生离开你的办公室的时候 |
[22:32] | with the idea that a video tape that’s news, | 会觉得录像带具有新闻效果 |
[22:35] | Ms.Gamble, | Gamble女士 |
[22:36] | a convenience store’s held up, | 假如便利店被抢劫了 |
[22:38] | it doesn’t get airtime | 不会有媒体报道 |
[22:40] | but caught on camera it leads | 但是如果被摄像头拍下来 就会成为新闻 |
[22:44] | we’re a veristic nation, | 我们是个喜欢真实的国家 |
[22:46] | are you going to hold me responsible for that? | 这难道是我的责任吗 |
[22:49] | see the difference is the prospect of news converge | 不同之处在于 被媒体报道的可能性 |
[22:52] | doesn’t encourage 7/11 robbers | 不会鼓励人们去抢劫便利店 |
[22:54] | they are after money. | 他们要的只是钱 |
[22:56] | here you offered Dr.Ryan | 而本案中 你提供给Ryan医生的 |
[22:57] | exactly what he was after | 正是他梦寐以求的 |
[22:59] | that is absolutely false. | 你说的完全不对 |
[23:01] | you knew this man was on a mission to legalize euthanasia, | 你知道这个人以推动安乐死合法化为己任 |
[23:04] | and you sent him out of your office with the idea that | 而你在把他送出办公室的时候告诉他 |
[23:07] | some video tape would make a difference, | 有录像带会很有用 |
[23:09] | I did not say go out and kill somebody! | 我没有叫他回去杀人 |
[23:13] | how long before Dr.Ryan returned | 之后过了多久 |
[23:15] | with the tape of Mrs.Burlinton’s death | Ryan医生带着Burlinton太太死亡的录像回来 |
[23:17] | I think about ten days | 我想大约十天 |
[23:19] | ten days. | 十天 |
[23:21] | let me ask you, on average, | 我问你 平均来说 |
[23:23] | how long does it take to produce a typical segment for broadcast and | 一般的电视节目制作时间有多长 |
[23:27] | by that I mean, | 我的意思是 |
[23:28] | research, writing, shooting, editing, | 包括调查 文案 拍摄 编辑 |
[23:31] | pre and post production take about two months | 前期和后期制作大约需要两个月 |
[23:34] | research varies, can take about a year | 调查则不一定 有时候会长达一年 |
[23:37] | when Dr.Ryan returned your office with the tape, | 当Ryan医生带着录像带来找你们 |
[23:40] | how much time elapsed before it aired? | 你们用了多长时间把它播出来 |
[23:42] | this one was short. | 这一次的时间不长 |
[23:44] | how much time between the time you got the tape | 从你得到这个录像带到你们把它播出来 |
[23:46] | and the time it aired | 隔了多长时间 |
[23:47] | about a week | 大概一个星期 |
[23:48] | did you recall when it aired? | 你还记得是什么时候播出的吗 |
[23:50] | November | 十一月 |
[23:51] | November | 十一月 |
[23:53] | Do you tell me you needed it for sweeps? | 你是不是要说你需要提高收视率 |
[23:59] | Good, | 很好 |
[24:04] | try to avoid my feet if you can | 尽量别踩着我的脚 |
[24:06] | watch us Eugene, see what a quick study he is | Eugene你看 看他学得多快 |
[24:10] | look, dad, | 爸 你看 |
[24:11] | I’m doing it, | 我会跳了 |
[24:13] | I can see | 看出来了 |
[24:15] | um..not so close, | 嗯 别靠这么近 |
[24:17] | I like this. | 我喜欢 |
[24:18] | OK, Eugene, | 好了 Eugene |
[24:20] | why don’t you dance with him so you can see his poster | 你来跟他跳一会吧 |
[24:22] | I don’t wanna dance with him | 我不想跟他跳 |
[24:24] | it will just be for a second, | 就跳一小会 |
[24:25] | Kendall, you lead, | Kendall 你带着他跳 |
[24:38] | you are terrible | 你逊毙了 |
[24:50] | Ms. Ward | Ward小姐 |
[24:51] | please call your next witness | 请传唤你的下一位证人 |
[24:53] | your honor, ex parte sidebar | 法官阁下 请求单方上前商议 |
[24:55] | quickly | 快点 |
[24:56] | what’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[25:03] | I thought about it all night | 我想了一整晚 |
[25:05] | and I really do feel | 我真的觉得 |
[25:07] | I can stay impartial | 我可以保持公正 |
[25:09] | in fact, I know I can | 事实上 我确信我做得到 |
[25:11] | but if you don’t mind, | 但是如果你不介意 |
[25:12] | I’d like to spare myself of the embarrassment | 我不希望你给我难堪 |
[25:16] | your honor | 法官阁下 |
[25:19] | look,if you have even the slightest suspicion | 哪怕你有一丁点怀疑 |
[25:22] | that my work has been affected by my hormones | 认为我的荷尔蒙影响了我的专业能力 |
[25:25] | bring a motion for recuse, and I’ll take myself off. | 你可以正式申请回避 那时我会回避 |
[25:29] | is that fair? | 这样可以吗 |
[25:35] | I actually live right across the street. | 我正好住在街道对面 |
[25:37] | from the defendant? | 被告的对面? |
[25:38] | yes. | 是的 |
[25:39] | and did you ever see the defendant and John Marks together? | 你有没有看到过被告和John Marks在一起 |
[25:42] | sure, they were neighbors. | 当然 他们是邻居 |
[25:43] | friendly? | 也是朋友? |
[25:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:44] | Mr. Barton, did you have knowledge | Barton先生 你是否知道 |
[25:46] | that Mr.Marks was in the drug trafficking business? | Marks先生是做贩毒生意的 |
[25:48] | assuming facts not in evidence | 没有证据支持的事实 |
[25:50] | sustained, | 反对有效 |
[25:51] | the jury would disregard the question. | 陪审团请忽略这个问题 |
[25:52] | do you have reason to know what Mr.Marks does for a living? | 你是否了解Marks先生是做什么工作的 |
[25:55] | He deals drugs. | 他贩卖毒品 |
[25:56] | how do you know this? | 你怎么知道的 |
[25:58] | He told me. | 他告诉我的 |
[25:58] | and what else did he tell you? | 他还跟你说过些什么 |
[26:00] | well, I asked him if he was afraid of getting busted | 我问他怕不怕突然遇到搜查 |
[26:03] | and he said sometimes, | 他说有时候怕 |
[26:04] | but he could always hide his stuff at Bob’s house, | 但是他随时可以把他的货藏在Bob家里 |
[26:06] | – the police were.. – objection | -警察… -反对 |
[26:07] | hearsay, move to strike that. | 传闻证据 请求不予记录 |
[26:09] | declaration against interest, your honor, | 这是对自己不利的陈述 法官阁下 |
[26:10] | exception to the hearsay rule | 属于传闻证据规则的例外情形 |
[26:12] | what declaration? | 什么陈述 |
[26:13] | Mr.Marks said this in a context | Marks先生在说这些话的时候 |
[26:15] | while admitting he was a drug dealer | 承认自己贩卖毒品 |
[26:16] | now, that’s either admission | 这要么是供述 |
[26:18] | or it’s a declaration against interest | 要么是对自己不利的陈述 |
[26:20] | in either case, | 不管是那种情况 |
[26:21] | that statement is so prejudicial and unreliable | 他的陈述是如此的带有偏见 而且不可靠 |
[26:23] | I’m overruling the objection | 我裁定反对无效 |
[26:25] | your honor | 法官阁下 |
[26:26] | the objection is overruled | 反对无效 |
[26:28] | sit down, counsel | 坐下 律师 |
[26:34] | my mother wanted to die | 我妈妈想要死去 |
[26:37] | she was in pain, | 她遭受着痛苦 |
[26:39] | she didn’t want to be a burden. | 她不想成为负担 |
[26:40] | she made the decision to die | 她自己决定死去 |
[26:43] | Mr.Burlinton, you’ve heard the prosecution’s suggestion | Burlinton先生 你听到检方说 |
[26:47] | that your mother may have died | 有可能是这个电视节目 |
[26:48] | as a result of this television broadcast. | 导致了你母亲的死亡 |
[26:51] | it’s not only ridiculous, it’s offensive | 这种说法不仅荒谬 而且令人愤怒 |
[26:54] | it trivializes her | 这种说法看轻了她 |
[26:55] | and her decision, | 还有她所做的决定 |
[26:56] | and I found this whole trial to be repugnant | 我认为这整个诉讼令人厌恶 |
[27:00] | by your own statement, | 据你自己的陈述 |
[27:01] | you said your mother went back and forth on this, didn’t she? | 你说你母亲的状态时好时坏 对不对 |
[27:04] | yes. But she was clear in the end | 是的 但是最后她是清醒的 |
[27:07] | she was clear in the end, but | 她最后是清醒的 可是 |
[27:08] | do you make room for the possibility | 你觉得有没有这样的可能性 |
[27:10] | that after she talked to doctor Ryan at first meeting, | 在她初次见过Ryan医生并跟他谈过之后 |
[27:14] | she became more clear? | 她变得更坚定了 |
[27:16] | I don’t know | 我不知道 |
[27:17] | well, did she have any fear of being euthanased? | 她对于安乐死有没有觉得害怕 |
[27:19] | she had concerns of pain | 她怕安乐死会痛 |
[27:22] | her biggest was what if doesn’t work | 她最大的担心是 如果安乐死没成功 |
[27:24] | and she ends up comatose | 她陷入昏迷状态怎么办 |
[27:26] | so it would be fair to say he had some influence | 那么可以说 医生发生了一些作用 |
[27:28] | your honor, I have to object | 法官阁下 我不得不反对 |
[27:30] | Dr.Ryan is not on trial here | 本案的被告不是Ryan医生 |
[27:32] | I’m establishing that Mr. Matline’s influence on the doctor | 我是要证明Matline先生对医生的影响 |
[27:35] | resulting in the doctor influencing the patient | 继而医生又影响了病人 |
[27:39] | alright | 继续吧 |
[27:41] | she was more certain of what she wanted to do | 在她跟医生谈过之后 |
[27:43] | after talking to Dr.Ryan, yes or no? | 她对自己的决定更加坚定了 是或不是 |
[27:47] | yes | 是 |
[27:49] | thank you | 谢谢 |
[28:01] | what do you mean she hit on you? | 什么叫做她跟你调情 |
[28:03] | well..she… | 呃…她… |
[28:04] | Well, she was the judge on your case? | 她是你这个案子的法官? |
[28:05] | she was going to recuse herself | 她本来准备回避的 |
[28:06] | then she thought it would have no effect | 后来她又觉得对案件没有影响 |
[28:08] | Bobby Bobby! | |
[28:09] | I don’t think it will have any effect | 我也觉得对案件不会有任何影响 |
[28:11] | what exactly did she say? | 她到底怎么说的 |
[28:12] | it’s not that important | 其实根本不重要 |
[28:13] | I just wanna know | 我就是想知道 |
[28:14] | exactly what she said | 她到底怎么说的 |
[28:18] | it started with that she had some kind of… | 一开始 她说她做了一个… |
[28:22] | erotic dream about me | 跟我有关的性梦 |
[28:23] | and..then..I don’t know, | 而且 然后 我不知道 |
[28:24] | she couldn’t stop thinking about me | 她一直不停地想着我 |
[28:26] | and she’s still on this case? | 她现在还在审这个案子? |
[28:27] | Lindsay Lindsay | |
[28:28] | does this just happen? | 这算什么回事 |
[28:30] | women come up to you | 突然就有女人跑过来 |
[28:30] | and tell you that you are in their dreams | 告诉你说她们梦到你了 |
[28:32] | can you guys keep it down? | 你们俩能不能小点声 |
[28:34] | she didn’t have to tell me! | 她本来可以不告诉我的 |
[28:36] | I mean, she wasn’t admitting any bias. | 我是说 她觉得自己没有任何偏见 |
[28:39] | Bobby Bobby | |
[28:39] | how can this women be the judge on your case? | 这个女人怎么还可以在你的案子中担任法官 |
[28:42] | Linsay, I keep talking to you as a colleague | Lindsay 我是以同事的身份在跟你说这件事情 |
[28:44] | and you keep coming back at me as a girlfriend, | 你却一直以女朋友的身份来回答我 |
[28:46] | well, I, I, I’ve got problems as a colleague | 呃 我 我 不管以同事身份还是女朋友身份 |
[28:48] | and a girlfriend | 我都觉得不妥 |
[28:49] | just forget about it, all right? | 就当没这回事 行吗 |
[28:52] | shut up! I’m trying to do a closing | 闭嘴 我在准备结案陈词呢 |
[28:54] | go scream somewhere else | 到其他地方去吼去 |
[28:56] | what the hell is wrong with you! | 你们俩什么毛病 |
[28:59] | is she OK? | 她还好吧 |
[29:01] | No | 不好 |
[29:09] | am I from another planet? | 难道我是外星人吗 |
[29:13] | the news, the press, | 新闻 媒体 |
[29:14] | they, they say I’m nuts to prosecute | 他们 他们都说我起诉这个案子是变态 |
[29:17] | my own boss, | 我自己的上司 |
[29:19] | what am I missing? | 到底怎么了 |
[29:20] | wasn’t this the equivalent to a hired hit? | 这难道不是等同于雇凶杀人吗 |
[29:22] | a hired hit? | 雇凶杀人? |
[29:25] | Helen, you don’t really believe | Helen 你并不真的认为 |
[29:26] | the defendant wanted somebody to get killed | 被告有杀人的主观意图吧 |
[29:28] | what do you think he would do Linsay? | 你觉得他会怎么做 Lindsay |
[29:30] | it was reckless, | 这是间接故意 |
[29:31] | he knew this whackle doctor would do anything to get on the news | 他知道这个医生为了上节目会不择手段 |
[29:35] | so maybe they were stupid or negligent | 那么也许他们是很愚蠢 或者疏忽大意 |
[29:38] | but accessory to murder? | 可是协从谋杀? |
[29:40] | these people don’t know their influence, Lindsay. | 这些人不知道自己有多大影响力 Lindsay |
[29:42] | not the news producers, not the doctors, | 电视制片人 医生 |
[29:44] | they don’t realize! | 他们根本不知道 |
[29:46] | Maybe if some DA had the guts | 也许 如果哪个检察官有勇气 |
[29:49] | to go after one of these doctors, | 来追诉这些医生 |
[29:50] | then maybe | 那么也许 |
[29:52] | maybe what? | 也许什么 |
[29:53] | the doctor who upped your grandmother’s morphine drops, | 那个加大了你奶奶的吗啡剂量的医生 |
[29:55] | would have thought twice? | 会考虑得更慎重? |
[30:02] | old people, they’re impressionable, | 老年人 他们很容易受到别人影响 |
[30:05] | especially when they are sick | 特别是当他们生病的时候 |
[30:07] | and when they hurt | 当他们受伤的时候 |
[30:10] | and when a doctor says | 所以 当某个医生说 |
[30:11] | hey, it’s OK to die, | 嘿 没关系 你可以死去 |
[30:16] | Helen Helen, | |
[30:18] | At some point you have to let go of this | 过去这么久了 你总得把这件事情给放下 |
[30:28] | she looked at me, | 她看着我 |
[30:30] | she said it’s right | 她说这样做是对的 |
[30:31] | it’s time to leave | 我应该走了 |
[30:33] | but there was something in her eyes, | 但是她的目光中有话说 |
[30:35] | something said, | 说的是 |
[30:36] | tell me otherwise, | 告诉我不要走 |
[30:39] | you were a teenager, | 你当时还是个孩子 |
[30:41] | your mother, your father, your aunts and uncles | 你妈妈 爸爸 你的姑姑和叔叔们 |
[30:43] | there were a lot of people she talked to | 那么多人都跟她谈过 |
[30:45] | but I’m the only one who really knew | 但是我是唯一了解她的人 |
[30:48] | she didn’t want to be a burden, | 她不想成为负担 |
[30:50] | she thought it was her duty to die,and, | 她觉得死去是她的责任 |
[30:53] | and these doctors, they make it OK to die. | 而这些医生 他们说没关系 可以死 |
[30:58] | And then | 然后 |
[31:01] | old people somehow begin to think it’s their duty | 老人们开始觉得这是他们的责任 |
[31:10] | whether that’s true or not | 不管你说得对不对 |
[31:13] | that isn’t this case, | 跟这个案子都没有关系 |
[31:16] | you’ve gotta go in there tomorrow, | 你明天站在法庭上的时候 |
[31:17] | and do a closing on this case | 只能针对这个案子做结案陈词 |
[31:20] | it isn’t about your grandmother, | 跟你奶奶没有关系 |
[31:21] | and isn’t about that doctor | 跟这个医生也没有关系 |
[31:23] | Helen, you are prosecuting a news magazine, | Helen 你是在起诉一家新闻杂志 |
[31:26] | for murder, | 指控谋杀 |
[31:31] | do you get that? | 你明白没有 |
[31:38] | I never offered to hide his drugs for him | 我从来没有说过要帮他藏毒品 |
[31:40] | that’s just a flat out fabrication | 完全是胡编乱造 |
[31:42] | Mr.Harwen | Harwen先生 |
[31:43] | the question on everybody’s minds, | 每个人心中都想问的问题是 |
[31:46] | why did you start shooting that night? | 你那天晚上为什么要开枪射击呢 |
[31:49] | first, | 首先 |
[31:50] | I didn’t know they were police officers, | 我并不知道他们是警察 |
[31:51] | I just heard noise, | 我只听到乱糟糟的声音 |
[31:53] | as soon as the door came open, | 就在门被打开的一瞬间 |
[31:55] | I saw a gun | 我看到有枪 |
[31:56] | I grabbed for mine, | 我抓起自己的枪 |
[31:57] | then opened fire, | 然后就开火了 |
[32:00] | living next door to Marks, | 我住在Marks隔壁 |
[32:03] | I did know how he makes his money, | 我知道他是做什么行当的 |
[32:06] | I knew the kind of people that came calling over there, | 我知道经常来找他的都是些什么人 |
[32:08] | it made me nervous, | 我很担心 |
[32:09] | I have a family, | 我有家室 |
[32:10] | and when I heard yelling, | 所以当我听到有人叫喊 |
[32:12] | and doors being kicked down, | 当门被人踢开 |
[32:13] | I thought, | 我心想 |
[32:14] | oh God, what’s happening | 上帝啊 出什么事了 |
[32:16] | and as I said, | 就像我说的 |
[32:17] | as soon as I saw the gun, | 在我看到枪的那一刻 |
[32:19] | I just, | 我就 |
[32:22] | better them than me | 先下手为强 |
[32:26] | you have a permit for the gun? | 你有持枪许可吗 |
[32:27] | no, | 没有 |
[32:28] | I would never be able to get one to carry | 我不可能申请到持枪许可 |
[32:30] | and in that neighbourhood, | 而住在那样的社区 |
[32:32] | I wanted to carry | 我需要有枪 |
[32:33] | and when you saw the police uniforms, what? | 那么当你看到警服的时候 你怎么想的 |
[32:35] | you thought they looked fake? | 你觉得它们都是伪造的? |
[32:36] | I started shooting before I saw the uniforms | 在我看到警服之前就已经开枪了 |
[32:39] | I was afraid, | 我当时很害怕 |
[32:40] | you ever have an occasion to shoot somebody else before, | 你以前有没有开枪打过其他人 |
[32:42] | Mr.Harbon? | Harbon先生 |
[32:42] | objection | 反对 |
[32:43] | did you shoot at a man walking his dog, | 你有没有枪击过一个遛狗的人 |
[32:45] | objection | 反对 |
[32:46] | pattern | 证明惯例 |
[32:47] | prior bad acts | 之前的不良行为 |
[32:48] | pattern! | 惯例 |
[32:48] | counsel | 律师 |
[32:50] | approach | 上来 |
[32:54] | two years ago, | 两年前 |
[32:55] | he shot at a man he claimed he thought was a prowler | 他枪击过别人 他说以为那个人是小偷 |
[32:58] | oh, come on,that’s completely inadmissible | 哦 拜托 这完全不能成为呈堂证据 |
[32:59] | this man shoots first, claims fear later… | 被告总是先开枪 然后说他害怕… |
[33:02] | I’m not going to allow it, counsel, | 你不能针对这个问题进行盘问 律师 |
[33:03] | your honor, I’d ask that you declare a mistrial | 法官阁下 我请求你宣布无效审判 |
[33:05] | there is no point… | 没有理由… |
[33:06] | you are not gonna get that | 我不会宣布无效审判 |
[33:07] | the jury heard that | 陪审团已经听到了 |
[33:08] | and I will give them an instruction, | 我在指导的时候会跟他们说清楚 |
[33:10] | but we are not calling any mistrial | 我不会宣布无效审判的 |
[33:12] | it’s a legitimate cause for a mistrial, your honor, | 这个理由已经足以导致无效审判了 法官阁下 |
[33:17] | I have made my ruling | 我已经做出裁决了 |
[33:20] | Timothy McVeigh made the covers | Timothy McVeigh曾七次 |
[33:22] | of Time and Newsweek seven times | 登上”时代”和”新闻周刊”的封面 |
[33:25] | Jeffery Dahmer Jeffery Dahmer | |
[33:27] | that serial killer that ate his victims, he made it too. | 那个吃人的连环杀手 他也上了封面 |
[33:30] | did they commit their crimes for fame? | 他们是为了要出名才犯罪的吗 |
[33:33] | oh, I seriously doubt it | 我认为完全不是 |
[33:35] | but there are a lot of sick people out there | 但这个世界上确实有很多变态的人 |
[33:37] | looking to be noticed | 想引起人们的关注 |
[33:38] | hoping to matter | 希望被人们重视 |
[33:41] | well, what about that guy that says to himself | 如果有什么人觉得 |
[33:44] | Timothy McVeigh got famous | Timothy McVeigh出名了 |
[33:45] | so can I | 我也可以出名 |
[33:47] | should we hold Time and Newsweek | 我们应该让”时代”和”新闻周刊” |
[33:49] | liable for his crimes? | 为他的犯罪承担责任吗 |
[33:51] | the gang member in LA | 洛杉矶的帮派分子 |
[33:53] | he showed up in front of the television at 11 o’clock | 他在11点钟守在电视机跟前 |
[33:55] | to see if he made the news | 看新闻有没有报道他 |
[33:57] | everybody wants their fifteen minutes | 每个人都想在媒体上露个脸 |
[34:00] | being on TV? | 上电视? |
[34:02] | It’s almost as good as a reward | 这简直相当于一种奖励 |
[34:04] | should we start holding the news companies liable | 我们是不是也要让制作新闻的公司 |
[34:07] | for the gang member’s crime? | 为帮派分子的犯罪承担责任 |
[34:09] | I suppose we could | 我想我们本来可以这么做 |
[34:11] | the whole point with terrorism | 恐怖主义的本质 |
[34:12] | is to make a statement | 就是通过制造新闻来表达立场 |
[34:14] | without the news, there’s no effect | 没有报道 就不会有新闻效果 |
[34:16] | surely, | 毫无疑问 |
[34:18] | if we outlaw the coverage of terrorist attacks | 只要我们立法禁止报道恐怖袭击 |
[34:21] | terrorism would go down | 恐怖主义就会大为削弱 |
[34:23] | well, why don’t we then? | 为什么我们没有这么做呢 |
[34:26] | then why stop there? | 为什么不采取行动呢 |
[34:27] | we could kill all the stories | 我们可以禁止一切犯罪报道 |
[34:29] | that lead to copycat crimes | 以免其他人进行模仿 |
[34:32] | the Pentagon, | 五角大楼 |
[34:32] | I’m sure that they would jump at the chance to squash certain reports | 我相信他们会打着国家安全的旗号 |
[34:36] | in the interests of national security | 迫不及待地抓住机会禁止某些报道 |
[34:39] | you wanna go down that road? | 这是你们想要走的道路吗 |
[34:42] | because you can | 你们可以选择这么走 |
[34:45] | we can start legislating the news business like any other | 我们可以立法监管新闻业 就像其他领域一样 |
[34:49] | decide what you should hear, what you shouldn’t | 决定哪些东西你可以听 哪些东西你不能听 |
[34:54] | you wanna go down that road? | 这是你们想要的道路吗 |
[34:57] | clearly | 很显然 |
[34:59] | the prosecution does. | 检方想要这样的道路 |
[35:05] | if a network news executive said to a terrorist | 如果某家新闻媒体的负责人对恐怖分子说 |
[35:08] | get one on tape and we’ll live with it | 去拍个恐怖袭击的录像 我们给你播出 |
[35:10] | we would absolutely prosecute the executive, trust me, | 我们绝对会起诉这位负责人 相信我 |
[35:15] | Dr.Ryan left John Matline’s office | Ryan医生离开John Matline的办公室的时候 |
[35:18] | with the message videotape one, you get your profile | 他觉得 录个录像 我就可以上电视 |
[35:23] | that’s encouragement | 这就是教唆 |
[35:24] | by their own admission | 根据他们自己的证词 |
[35:26] | they knew this doctor was on a quest to promote euthanasia | 他们知道这个医生极力推动安乐死合法化 |
[35:30] | this doctor is a zealot | 这个医生是个狂热分子 |
[35:31] | willing to be arrested, | 他情愿为此被逮捕 |
[35:33] | willing to spend his entire life in jail | 情愿为此在监狱中过一辈子 |
[35:35] | anything for the cause | 愿意为此做任何事情 |
[35:37] | and what did they do? | 而他们是怎么做的呢 |
[35:39] | they hold out a carot for him to commit the crime again | 他们递给他一颗胡萝卜 引诱他再次犯罪 |
[35:42] | incentive equals encouragement | 这种刺激等同于教唆 |
[35:45] | would Dr.Ryan have killed her anyway? | Ryan医生是不是本来就会杀她? |
[35:48] | maybe | 也许会 |
[35:49] | maybe not | 也许不会 |
[35:50] | it doesn’t matter, | 这不重要 |
[35:52] | as the judge will instruct you | 正如法官将会告诉你们那样 |
[35:54] | we don’t have to prove but for the defendant’s actions | 我们不必证明 如果没有被告的行为 |
[35:57] | there would have been no crime | 就不会发生本案涉及的犯罪 |
[35:59] | all we have to show | 我们只需要证明 |
[36:00] | is that it was possible | 存在这样的可能性 |
[36:02] | that this encouragement could have been effective. | 即这种教唆会产生某种效果 |
[36:05] | and of course it could have | 这种可能性当然存在 |
[36:06] | and this doctor certainly got what he wanted,didn’t he? | 这个医生显然已经得偿所愿 是不是 |
[36:10] | Mary Burlinton is dead, | Mary Burlinton死了 |
[36:12] | and Dr.Ryan got on for sweeps | Ryan医生成了大众瞩目的焦点 |
[36:16] | freedom of the press is not absolute, ladies and gentlemen | 新闻自由不是绝对的 女士们先生们 |
[36:20] | and freedom of speech | 而言论自由 |
[36:21] | doesn’t give you the right to facilitate a murder | 并没有赋予你协从谋杀的权利 |
[36:25] | and believe it or not | 不管你们相信与否 |
[36:27] | winning your Time slot | 有”时代”杂志的报道 |
[36:27] | doesn’t get you off | 并不能成为你脱罪的理由 |
[36:30] | we all sit back and say, | 我们都束手旁观 我们说 |
[36:31] | look what journalism has become | 看看媒体变成什么样子了 |
[36:34] | you have two choices | 你们有两个选择 |
[36:38] | go back to that room | 回到陪审团室 |
[36:40] | and continue to sit back | 继续束手旁观 |
[36:43] | or don’t. | 或者挺身而出 |
[36:49] | aggravated assult? | 加重的伤害罪? |
[36:50] | there is no way we can’t jump at it | 我们没有理由不接受 |
[36:52] | those were police officers | 那些人都是警察 |
[36:54] | but I paniced | 可是我当时是惊慌失措 |
[36:54] | Robert, you shot a detective | Robert 你枪击了一位警官 |
[36:57] | add to that the statement | 除此之外 |
[36:58] | that you hide that guy’s stash | 还有人说你帮那个毒贩藏匿毒品 |
[37:00] | I never… | 我从来… |
[37:00] | but it’s in evidence | 但是证据是这么反映的 |
[37:02] | and the jury heard about you | 而且陪审团也听说了 |
[37:03] | shooting the dog walker | 你曾经枪击过一个遛狗的人 |
[37:06] | listen, | 听我说 |
[37:08] | I have been doing this for a long time, | 我做律师已经很久了 |
[37:12] | we should take the aggravated assault. | 我们应该认下加重的伤害罪 |
[37:14] | the only reason it’s being offered | 他们之所以提出这样的条件 |
[37:16] | is because the DA is convinced she’ll never beat us | 是因为检察官觉得她赢不了这个案子 |
[37:20] | but she’s wrong | 可是她错了 |
[37:22] | she will win this | 她一定会赢的 |
[37:27] | are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[37:28] | positive | 完全确定 |
[37:35] | OK | 好吧 |
[37:39] | you didn’t tell him? | 你没告诉他? |
[37:40] | NO | 没有 |
[37:41] | should I? | 我应该告诉他吗 |
[37:43] | I don’t think… | 我并不觉得… |
[37:45] | none of her rulings were clearly in error | 她所做的所有的裁决都没有明显的错误 |
[37:47] | but they all went against you | 但是全部都对你不利 |
[37:48] | not all, she shut down the dog walker incident, | 不是全部 她排除了枪击遛狗人那件事 |
[37:50] | she didn’t let it come in to evidence | 她没有允许它成为呈堂证据 |
[37:52] | Yeah, but like you said, the jury heard it | 对 但是正如你说的 陪审团已经听到了 |
[37:54] | and she wouldn’t give you the mistrial? | 而她拒不宣布审判无效 |
[37:56] | What judge would call a mistrial | 哪个法官会在审判进行到 |
[37:57] | at this point of a trial? | 这个阶段的时候宣布审判无效 |
[37:58] | so you got nothing concrete that she’s doing anything wrong? | 这么说 你没有任何实质证据 证明她行为不当 |
[38:01] | Well, aside from hitting on you? | 除了跟你调情之外? |
[38:04] | Um, right. | 嗯 对 |
[38:04] | but you can’t be sure? | 但是你并不确定? |
[38:06] | right | 是的 |
[38:07] | This is what you get by not getting her recuse, | 这就是你不申请她回避的后果 |
[38:09] | -when it is supposed to happen… -I don’t want to embarrass her, | -本来应该… -我不想让她难堪 |
[38:10] | she’s a good judge | 她是个好法官 |
[38:11] | -if it is a male judge, -look at me and…. | -如果是个男法官 -听我说… |
[38:15] | lover’s spat? | 小俩口吵架了? |
[38:17] | sort of. | 差不多吧 |
[38:19] | how’s it going? | 怎么样 |
[38:20] | there’s a verdict, jury’s back in ten | 已经做出裁决了 陪审团10点钟回来 |
[38:26] | you said you’d teach him | 你说你愿意教他 |
[38:27] | I know | 我知道 |
[38:28] | but it’s just… | 可是有点… |
[38:28] | but what? he’s loving it | 可是什么 他很喜欢你教他 |
[38:29] | that’s the problem, Eugene! | 问题就在这里 Eugene |
[38:32] | he’s liking it a little too much | 他有点喜欢得过头了 |
[38:33] | what are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[38:36] | he kinda got excited. | 他好像是兴奋了 |
[38:40] | what do you mean, excited? | 什么意思 什么兴奋 |
[38:43] | he grabbed my butt a little | 他摸了我的屁股 |
[38:46] | he’s barely eleven | 他还没到十一岁 |
[38:48] | well.. | 呃… |
[38:49] | he’s a man. | 他已经是大人了 |
[38:59] | I heard you’re entering a plea | 我听说你们达成辩诉交易了 |
[39:02] | did I have a choice? | 我还有别的选择吗 |
[39:05] | is that accusation in that tone? | 你是在责怪我吗 |
[39:07] | the statement from the neighbour was hearsay | 邻居的证词是传闻证据 |
[39:10] | it shouldn’t have come in | 不应该作为呈堂证据 |
[39:11] | nor should the prior bad act | 还有以前的不良行为也是 |
[39:12] | you made those objections | 你已经提出抗议了 |
[39:14] | they are on the record | 法庭已经记录在案 |
[39:14] | which means you can appeal them | 也就是说 你可以提起上诉 |
[39:16] | A little tougher after we plea | 我们达成交易之后 上诉就很难了 |
[39:24] | problem is you know my rulings will hold up on appeal | 问题在于 你知道上诉法院会维持我的裁决 |
[39:27] | I know they might | 他们也许会维持 |
[39:28] | they are close | 这些裁决都是可左可右的 |
[39:32] | you could have gone either way | 你怎么裁决都不算错 |
[39:35] | and what? | 所以呢 |
[39:37] | you expect me to go your way | 因为我喜欢你的屁股 |
[39:38] | because I like your glutes? | 你觉得我就应该偏向你? |
[39:40] | I didn’t expect you | 我只是没有料到 |
[39:41] | to retaliate for my not liking yours | 你会因为我不喜欢你而报复我 |
[39:45] | I can take rejection as a woman, Bobby | 作为女人 我可以接受你的拒绝 Bobby |
[39:47] | but I don’t much care for being criticized as a judge | 但是作为法官 我不能容忍你这样的批评 |
[39:51] | you errored as a judge by asking me out | 作为法官 你就不应该约我出去 |
[39:53] | which I freely admit | 对此我愿意承认 |
[39:54] | but my rulings were legally accurate | 但是我的裁决在法律上是完全准确的 |
[39:56] | and completely independent of any personal feelings | 而且跟我的私人感情没有任何关系 |
[39:58] | I can never know that, can I? | 对此我永远也没法证实 不是吗 |
[40:01] | make your appeal then | 那你就去上诉吧 |
[40:05] | I never will know | 我永远没法证实 |
[40:28] | has the jury reached a verdict? | 陪审团做出裁决了吗 |
[40:30] | we have | 是的 |
[40:31] | will the defendant please stand | 被告请起立 |
[40:37] | what say you? | 请宣布判决 |
[40:38] | in the matter of common wealth vs John Matline | 马萨诸塞州诉John Matline |
[40:41] | on the count of aiding and abetting a homicide | 关于教唆谋杀罪的指控 |
[40:43] | we found the defendant John Matline, | 我们判决被告John Matline |
[40:45] | guilty | 有罪 |
[40:57] | order | 保持秩序 |
[40:58] | order! | 保持秩序 |
[41:01] | your honor | 法官阁下 |
[41:02] | your honor, the defendant asks the judge set this verdict aside | 法官阁下 被告请求法官推翻陪审团的判决 |
[41:06] | denied | 驳回 |
[41:07] | bailiff, take the defendant into custody | 法警请将被告收押 |
[41:11] | the jury is dismissed | 陪审团可以解散了 |
[41:12] | with the thanks of the court | 法庭感谢你们的工作 |
[41:14] | we are adjourned | 休庭 |
[41:33] | Helen Helen | |
[41:45] | well, | 呃 |
[41:46] | they think about two weeks for the Boucher trial | 他们觉得Boucher的案子需要两个星期 |
[41:50] | NO. manslaughter | 不是 非蓄谋杀人 |
[41:53] | well, it’s pretty straight ahead, | 哦 案情其实很清楚 |
[41:55] | but there is a lot on forensics, so who knows? | 但是有很多法医学证据 谁知道呢 |
[42:04] | yeah, | 是啊 |
[42:05] | no, that will be alright | 不用 这样挺好 |
[42:09] | I’ll put it on the calendar then | 我会把它写在日程表上 |
[42:13] | really? | 真的吗 |
[42:16] | NO | 不 |
[42:17] | I don’t think so | 我觉得不是 |
[42:20] | OK | 好的 |
[42:21] | yeah, | 嗯 |
[42:22] | bye bye | 再见 |