时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I had what I would considered to be an extremely erotic dream | 我做了一个非常色情的春梦 |
[00:07] | and you were in it. | 梦中有你 |
[00:10] | What do you mean she hit on you? | 什么叫做她跟你调情 |
[00:11] | Well, she… | 呃 她… |
[00:12] | Well, she is the judge on your case? | 她还是你这个案子的法官? |
[00:13] | She was going to recuse herself | 她本来准备回避这个案子 |
[00:15] | and then she thought it would have no effect. | 然后她又觉得对案子没有影响 |
[00:17] | Does this just happen? | 这种事经常发生吗 |
[00:18] | Women come up to you and tell you | 女人们突然就跑来跟你说 |
[00:19] | that you’re in their dreams? | 说她们梦到你了? |
[00:22] | Lindsay makes twice my salary? | Lindsay的薪水是我的两倍? |
[00:24] | Well, Ellenor, she brings in a lot of business, | Ellenor 她开拓了很多的业务 |
[00:25] | her percentage should be… | 她的报酬也应该…. |
[00:26] | Twice? | 两倍? |
[00:27] | Two hundred and forty-two thousand dollars. | 二十四万两千元 |
[00:29] | That’s my problem. | 这就是我的问题 |
[00:30] | Since when did you take such a strong interest in math, Ellenor? | 你什么时候对数字这么感兴趣了 Ellenor |
[00:33] | Certain equations fascinate me. | 某些数字尤其令我着迷 |
[00:35] | Try adding two plus two. | 二加二等于几 |
[00:36] | You couldn’t do that with your asbestos clients. | 在石棉公司的案子 你连这个都不会算 |
[00:38] | Is this what happens to women when you insert your penis? | 女人被你搞过之后就变成这个样子了吗 |
[00:40] | I’m just curious because it becomes really… | 我实在有点好奇 因为… |
[00:43] | Lindsay Lindsay! | |
[00:45] | What’s going on, Leonard? | 你怎么回事 Leonard |
[00:46] | I’m not feeling too good, | 我感觉不太舒服 |
[00:48] | I need to get a continuance. | 我得申请延期 |
[00:49] | Oh, god. | 哦 天哪 |
[00:50] | I’m pratically getting a contact high off your breath | 你的呼吸简直都能让我中毒了 |
[00:53] | Why do you keep defending this guy? | 你为什么一再帮他辩护 |
[00:55] | Coz I like him, | 因为我喜欢他 |
[00:56] | coz he was my first client ever. | 因为他是我执业以来的第一个客户 |
[00:58] | because he is innocent. | 因为他是无辜的 |
[00:59] | On the count of possesion of controlled substance, | 关于持有受控物品罪的指控 |
[01:02] | we find the defendant | 我们判决被告 |
[01:04] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[01:05] | The jury is dismissed with the thanks of the court. | 陪审团可以解散了 法庭感谢你们的工作 |
[01:08] | -You did it. -We’re adjourned. | -我们赢了 -休庭 |
[01:12] | It means nothing, Leonard, | 输赢对你都一样 Leonard |
[01:13] | if you don’t get out. | 除非你改过自新 |
[01:14] | Why do you care so much, I’m just… | 你为什么这么关心我 我只是… |
[01:16] | I like you, Leonard. | 我喜欢你 Leonard |
[01:17] | It’s not every day you get to meet good people. | 你不是每天都能遇到好人的 |
[01:20] | Yes, I know. | 是 我知道 |
[01:25] | I had a really good time last night. | 昨天晚上我真的非常开心 |
[01:27] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[01:29] | Do you want to come to the game tonight? | 今天晚上你想不想来看我比赛 |
[01:31] | Tonight? | 今天晚上? |
[01:31] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[01:32] | Cool. | 好啊 |
[01:33] | So I’ll call you this afternoon? | 那我下午给你打电话? |
[01:35] | OK. | 好 |
[01:37] | Between now and then | 那中间这段时间 |
[01:37] | I’ll be missing my little buttercup. | 我会一直想念我的小乖乖 |
[01:40] | You are the sweetest boy. | 你的嘴巴像块蜜糖 |
[02:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[02:06] | Ellenor Ellenor | |
[02:07] | Leonard? Leonard? | |
[02:08] | I think I’m in trouble. | 我这次麻烦大了 |
[02:09] | -Hold it. -Freeze. | -慢着 -站住 |
[02:10] | Don’t move, let’s see your hands. | 别动 把手放在我们看得见的地方 |
[02:13] | Hands up. | 手举起来 |
[02:14] | What the hell’s going on? | 这是怎么回事 |
[02:15] | Stand back. Hands up. | 退后 把手举起来 |
[02:17] | What is this? | 怎么回事 |
[02:18] | Stay out of it! | 站一边去 |
[02:19] | What is this? | 怎么回事 |
[02:21] | Nothing. | 没有东西 |
[02:22] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[02:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:25] | How did it get there? | 它怎么会在那里的 |
[02:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:28] | This your desk? | 这是你的办公桌吗 |
[02:30] | This your desk, ma’am? | 这是你的办公桌吗 女士 |
[02:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:32] | You don’t know how it got there? | 你不知道它怎么会在那里? |
[02:33] | No. | 不知道 |
[02:33] | Please place your hands behind you back. | 请你把手放在背后 |
[02:35] | What for? | 你要干什么 |
[02:36] | -You have the right to remain silent. -Oh, come on. | -你有权保持沉默 -开什么玩笑 |
[02:37] | You reading me my rights. | 你是要逮捕我吗 |
[02:38] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权请律师 |
[02:39] | Yeah I know my rights. Is this a joke? | 我知道我有权利 这是恶作剧吗 |
[02:41] | How did these drugs get here, ma’am? | 这些毒品为什么会在这里 女士 |
[02:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:46] | Cuff ’em both. | 把他们们俩都拷上 |
[02:47] | You, sir, have the right to remain silent. | 你 先生 你有权保持沉默 |
[02:49] | Meet you at the arraignment. | 我来处理你的聆讯 |
[02:50] | Obviously don’t say anything. | 当然 什么都别说 |
[02:51] | Leonard, that goes for you, too. | Leonard 你也是一样 |
[02:52] | Don’t say a word. | 一个字都别说 |
[02:55] | This is ridiculous! | 这太荒谬了 |
[03:44] | Eugene, you take Ellenor. | Eugene 你负责Ellenor的案子 |
[03:45] | Rebecca, Leonard. | Rebecca 你负责Leonard |
[03:46] | Jimmy, jump in. | Jimmy 你也加入 |
[03:47] | Bobby, we might be witnesses, | Bobby 我们可能要作为证人 |
[03:48] | we can’t represent | 我们不能担任律师 |
[03:49] | What did you see? | 你看到什么了 |
[03:49] | Well, I didn’t see anything. | 呃 我什么都没看到 |
[03:50] | Lindsay? Bec? Lindsay? Bec? | |
[03:51] | Anybody see Leonard | 有人看到Leonard把那包东西 |
[03:52] | drop that stuff on Ellenor’s desk? | 扔在Ellenor的办公桌上吗 |
[03:54] | Nobody? | 没人看到? |
[03:55] | I think we were all looking at the door. | 我想我们当时都看着门那边 |
[03:57] | Leonard came running in first | Leonard先冲进来 |
[03:58] | and the police were right behind him. | 警察紧跟在他后面 |
[04:00] | Hey! Get your nose out of there. | 嘿 别在这儿东转西转的 |
[04:02] | Ma’am | 夫人 |
[04:03] | Ma’am? | 夫人? |
[04:04] | You, you can’t search that desk. | 你 你们不能搜查那张桌子 |
[04:05] | We’ve made an arrest. | 我们已经实施了逮捕 |
[04:06] | You can only search the suspect’s desk, that’s it. | 你只能搜查嫌犯的桌子 仅此而已 |
[04:08] | Anything subject to the suspect’s control. | 我们可以搜查任何在嫌犯控制下的物品 |
[04:11] | Hey, hey! | 嘿 嘿 |
[04:12] | John John | |
[04:15] | Where’d that come from? | 这东西从哪里来的 |
[04:16] | Bottom drawer, under some files. | 最底下的抽屉 在文件下面 |
[04:18] | Looks like there’s some dried blood on it. | 看起来上面有些干了的血迹 |
[04:20] | Let me see that. | 让我看一下 |
[04:21] | Counsel. | 律师 |
[04:23] | Bag it. | 装起来 |
[04:27] | God, Lindsay, you’ve been provoking her? | 天哪 Lindsay 你真是把她给惹毛了 |
[04:29] | Lucy Lucy! | |
[04:31] | Bobby? Bobby? | |
[04:32] | Your Honour | 法官阁下 |
[04:35] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[04:36] | -One of our lawyers just got arrested. -Lucy! | -我们这儿有个律师刚刚被逮捕了 -Lucy |
[04:41] | Could we talk, in private? | 可以跟你谈谈吗 私下谈? |
[04:44] | Sure, my office. | 当然 去我办公室 |
[04:46] | Lucy Lucy | |
[04:49] | Okay. Eugene, Bec, get going. | 好了 Eugene Bec 着手准备吧 |
[04:51] | Take Lindsay. | 叫上Lindsay |
[04:51] | I’d rather take that case. | 我更乐意参加那个案子 |
[04:52] | Never mind. | 你别管 |
[04:53] | What never mind? | 什么我别管 |
[04:54] | Lindsay, go with Eugene, get Helen. | Lindsay 你跟Eugene一起 去找Helen |
[04:56] | Maybe she can help with Ellenor. | 也许她能帮Ellenor |
[05:01] | What’s up? | 怎么回事 |
[05:03] | Well, you’re not gonna believe it when I tell you. | 呃 说出来你都不会相信 |
[05:07] | Actually you might, considering our… | 不过你可能会信 考虑到我们的… |
[05:11] | Yesterday afternoon, | 昨天下午 |
[05:12] | I was served with a complaint against me, | 我接到了一张诉讼传票 |
[05:15] | filed under seal, | 不公开的诉讼 |
[05:17] | by one of my former law clerks. | 原告是我以前的书记员 |
[05:23] | He’s claiming sexual harassment. | 他起诉我性骚扰 |
[05:26] | What a shock. | 我太震惊了 |
[05:29] | Funny. | 真逗 |
[05:32] | The claim is baseless, | 这个诉讼是没有根据的 |
[05:34] | nevertheless I have to defend myself against it. | 可是 我仍然不得不去应诉 |
[05:38] | That’s why I’m here to hire you. | 所以我过来请你做我的律师 |
[05:41] | You wanna hire me? | 你要请我代理这个案子? |
[05:42] | To defend you in a sexual harassment case? | 请我帮你打这个性骚扰的案子? |
[05:44] | Don’t you think that’s a little strange? | 你不觉得这样有点怪异吗 |
[05:46] | Why? You’re an excellent attorney. | 为什么 你是个极为出色的律师 |
[05:48] | Who you’ve had erotic dreams about. | 还是你性幻想的对象 |
[05:51] | Oh please. | 哦 拜托 |
[05:51] | If I had a dime for every erotic dream I’d ever had. | 我性幻想的对象多了去了 |
[05:54] | Forget it. | 别太当回事 |
[05:54] | Oh, is that what you’d say in your deposition? | 哦 在证言笔录的时候你也准备这么说吗 |
[05:58] | Look, if you choose not to represent me, that’s fine. | 听着 如果你不想接这个案子 没关系 |
[06:01] | But I don’t think you need be discourteous, | 但是我觉得你没有必要这么无礼 |
[06:04] | I’m sorry to have bothered you. | 很抱歉我打搅你了 |
[06:05] | Why would you wanna hire me? | 你为什么想要请我 |
[06:07] | Sexual harassment isn’t my specialty, | 性骚扰的案子并不是我的专长 |
[06:09] | though it would be a good way | 可是通过请我担任律师 |
[06:11] | to disqualify me as a witness, | 我就失去了作为证人的资格 |
[06:12] | should I ever be called to testify. | 如果我被传唤出庭作证的话 |
[06:15] | And why would you be called as a witness? | 你为什么会被传唤出庭作证呢 |
[06:18] | Nobody knows what happened between us, | 没有人知道我们俩之间的事 |
[06:20] | unless you told someone. | 除非你告诉其他人了 |
[06:22] | I certainly didn’t. | 我当然没有 |
[06:26] | Nothing happened between you and me. | 我们俩之间没有发生过任何事情 |
[06:30] | So then this hostility just comes out | 这么说 每当有人想请你担任他的律师 |
[06:32] | whenever anybody tries to engage your services. | 你都是以这样的敌意来回应别人的吗 |
[06:35] | Let’s just say I have a hard time | 坦白地说 要说你是完全无辜的 |
[06:36] | believing you’re totally innocent. | 我可没那么容易相信 |
[06:38] | Let’s just say | 坦白地说 |
[06:39] | I have a hard time believing | 要说你只接那些完全无辜的当事人 |
[06:40] | you only represent the totally innocent. | 我也实在难以相信 |
[06:43] | Let’s assume, | 我们假设 |
[06:44] | for the sake of argument, that I do. | 为了避免争论不休 就当是吧 |
[06:48] | I am innocent. | 我是无辜的 |
[06:52] | I had an affair with the boy. | 我跟这个孩子是有段私情 |
[06:53] | The truth is, I think he still has a thing for me. | 事实上 我觉得他至今对我念念不忘 |
[06:56] | After he finished as my law clerk, | 在他不再担任我的书记员之后 |
[06:58] | he asked me to write him a letter of recommendation. | 他请我帮他写一封推荐信 |
[07:00] | I did. | 我写了 |
[07:01] | It wasn’t glowing enough in his eyes, | 他觉得写得不够光彩夺目 |
[07:04] | he’s retaliating. | 所以他要报复我 |
[07:05] | Okay, which brings me back to why me? | 明白 我还是要问为什么找我 |
[07:10] | Look, if this goes public, | 是这样 如果这件事被公开 |
[07:14] | I’m…I’d get destroyed, | 我会…我就完了 |
[07:17] | merits aside. | 不管结果怎样 |
[07:20] | I want somebody vicious enough | 所以我要找一个能够不择手段 |
[07:22] | to make this go away, | 摆平这个案子的律师 |
[07:24] | who’s not afraid | 如果有必要的话 |
[07:24] | to get ugly if he has to. | 他不介意用一些卑鄙的手段 |
[07:27] | I asked around. | 我问了一些人的意见 |
[07:30] | Word is, you’re it. | 他们都说 你是合适的人选 |
[07:38] | She’s up first, Leonard’s being called second. | 她先过堂 Leonard是第二个 |
[07:40] | We have to get him independent counsel. | 我们得让他另外找律师 |
[07:41] | First let’s get through arraignment. | 先把聆讯处理完了再说吧 |
[07:42] | – Did you call Helen? – All rise. | -你给Helen打电话没有 -全体起立 |
[07:44] | I left a word, I… | 我给她留言了 我… |
[07:44] | Oh no. It’s Judge Whackadoo. | 糟糕 是Whackadoo法官 |
[07:48] | Just who we need. | 再好不过了 |
[07:49] | Be seated. | 请坐下 |
[07:51] | Case number 32111. | 案号32111 |
[07:54] | Commonwealth versus Ellenor Frutt, | 马萨诸塞州诉Ellenor Frutt |
[07:55] | possession of controlled substances. | 持有受控物品罪 |
[07:57] | Eugene Young for the defendant. | Eugene Young为被告辩护 |
[07:58] | Waive reading, Your Honour. | 放弃宣读权利 法官阁下 |
[07:59] | I move to dismiss this right now. | 请求法庭立即驳回本案 |
[08:01] | On what grounds? | 基于什么理由 |
[08:02] | Miss Frutt is a lawyer. | Frutt小姐是律师 |
[08:03] | She represents a man who charged into our office | 她代理的一位当事人冲进我们的办公室 |
[08:05] | Objection. | 反对 |
[08:06] | What the hell? | 你们搞什么 |
[08:08] | Your Honour, I work with Mr Young. | 法官阁下 我是Young先生的同事 |
[08:10] | Hurry up. | 快说 |
[08:13] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[08:14] | Technically, we still represent Leonard. | 理论上 我们现在还是Leonard的律师 |
[08:16] | You can’t be serving up facts | 你不能透露可能对他不利的事实 |
[08:17] | that incriminate him even if they help Ellenor. | 即使这个事实对Ellenor有利 |
[08:23] | Your Honour, the police charged into our office, | 法官阁下 警察冲进我们的办公室 |
[08:26] | chasing a man they believed had drugs in his possession. | 追捕一名涉嫌持有毒品的男子 |
[08:29] | This man ran to Miss Frutt’s desk, | 这名男子冲向Frutt小姐的办公桌 |
[08:31] | the police followed. | 警察也追过来 |
[08:32] | Suddenly, | 突然之间 |
[08:32] | drugs were discovered on Miss Frutt’s desk. | 他们发现Frutt小姐的办公桌上有毒品 |
[08:34] | They asked her how they got there, | 他们问她毒品怎么会在桌子上 |
[08:36] | she, of course, refused to answer any questions. | 她当然拒绝回答任何问题 |
[08:38] | And they arrested her for having drugs in her possession, | 于是他们以涉嫌持有毒品拘捕了她 |
[08:41] | and it’s bogus. | 这很荒唐 |
[08:43] | Is that what happened? | 事情经过是这样的吗 |
[08:44] | From what I know, that seems accurate. | 据我所知 应该是这样的 |
[08:46] | Out of line. | 简直乱来 |
[08:50] | Arresting the lawyer? | 竟然拘捕律师? |
[08:51] | Your Honour, Miss Frutt was given opportunity | 法官阁下 Frutt小姐本来有机会解释清楚 |
[08:54] | to explain how the drugs came into her possession. | 那些毒品怎么会在她的桌子上 |
[08:56] | But if a client dropped them there, | 但是如果是当事人扔在那里的 |
[08:58] | then she’s not free to say so, is she? | 那么她就有义务保密 不是吗 |
[09:00] | I wanna know who the officer is, | 我想知道是哪个警官做的决定 |
[09:02] | I wanna know who said okay to this. | 我想知道是谁同意这么做的 |
[09:04] | This case is dismissed. dismissed, dismissed! | 本案予以驳回 驳回 驳回 |
[09:08] | We do not go around arresting lawyers. | 我们不能随便抓捕律师 |
[09:11] | Next case, next case, next case. | 下一个 下一个 下一个 |
[09:14] | 32112 32112. | |
[09:16] | Commonwealth versus Leonard Sawas, | 马萨诸塞州诉Leonard Sawas |
[09:18] | possession of controlled substances. | 持有受控物品罪 |
[09:19] | Rebecca Washington representing the defendant, | Rebecca Washington为被告辩护 |
[09:21] | Your Honour. Waive reading. I, too, | 法官阁下 放弃宣读权利 同样地 |
[09:23] | ask that you dismiss all charges. | 我请求法庭立即驳回所有指控 |
[09:25] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:26] | As the police report stipulates, | 正如警方的报告所指出的 |
[09:27] | they didn’t find any drugs on my client, | 他们在我的当事人身上没有找到任何毒品 |
[09:30] | they were on Ellenor Frutt’s desk. | 毒品在Ellenor Frutt的桌子上 |
[09:31] | Wait a second, second, second. | 等一等 等一等 等一等 |
[09:34] | This is the guy who went running in, | 就是这个人跑到办公室去 |
[09:35] | so forth, so forth, so forth drugs? | 带着 带着 带着那些毒品? |
[09:37] | Well, there’s no evidence of that. | 没有相关的证据能够证明 |
[09:39] | The heroin was only found on the desk, | 只知道在办公桌上发现了海洛因 |
[09:41] | never in Mr Sawas’ possession. | Sowers先生从来没有占有这些毒品 |
[09:43] | He’s got a record as long as my intestine. | 他有一长串的前科 |
[09:46] | He’s a drug addict. | 他还是个瘾君子 |
[09:47] | Do I look like a dope? | 我看起来像个笨蛋吗 |
[09:49] | You do not look like a dope. | 你看起来不像笨蛋 |
[09:50] | You have got a God-awful, | 你的当事人是一个糟糕透顶的 |
[09:52] | scum-sucking, | 令人厌恶的 |
[09:53] | guilty client here. | 有罪的人 |
[09:55] | We all know that. Drug addict. | 我们都清楚 瘾君子 |
[09:57] | Your Honour | 法官阁下 |
[09:58] | Get yourself a jury. | 让陪审团来决定吧 |
[10:00] | I mean, they’re the dopes. | 要知道 他们才是笨蛋 |
[10:02] | They’ll probably let him go! | 他们说不定会把他放了 |
[10:04] | Not dismissed. Bound over! | 不予驳回 被告具结候审 |
[10:07] | And no bail either, because you got me angry. | 并且不许保释 因为你把我惹火了 |
[10:11] | Next case, next case, next case. | 下一个 下一个 下一个 |
[10:13] | And give me something good. | 给我个正常点的案子 |
[10:17] | You sold me out. | 你出卖我 |
[10:18] | I did not sell you out. | 我没有出卖你 |
[10:19] | You said in open court the drugs were in my possession. | 你在法庭上公然说 毒品是我持有的 |
[10:21] | I said it for the purpose of Leonard’s case. | 我是在Leonard的案子里面说的 |
[10:23] | In my possession. | 说是我持有的 |
[10:24] | Your case was already dismissed, Ellenor. | 你的案子已经被法官驳回了 Ellenor |
[10:25] | Oh yes, Lindsay, take her side. | 哦 对 Lindsay 你跟她一伙吧 |
[10:26] | I expect nothing less. | 我早就知道 |
[10:28] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[10:28] | This again? | 又来? |
[10:29] | Why is she even here? | 她在这里搞什么 |
[10:30] | To kick your ass like I did before. | 踹你的屁股 就像上次一样 |
[10:31] | Oh, please. | 哦 是吗 |
[10:33] | What the hell is wrong with you two? | 你们俩究竟什么毛病 |
[10:35] | Isn’t it obvious? | 难道不是显而易见吗 |
[10:36] | You said something she didn’t like | 她觉得你说的话不对她的胃口 |
[10:37] | and it’s clearly my fault. | 然后就怪罪到我头上 |
[10:38] | Enough. | 够了 |
[10:39] | Ellenor Ellenor. | |
[10:39] | I’ve been paging you. | 我一直在呼你 |
[10:41] | Yeah, well. Some bad news. | 呃 有坏消息 |
[10:43] | Ellenor Frutt, please place your hands behind your back. | Ellenor Frutt 请把手放在背后 |
[10:47] | Excuse me? | 怎么回事 |
[10:48] | -You have the right to remain silent. -Now what? | -你有权保持沉默 -又怎么了 |
[10:50] | -Anything you say can… -Enough with Miranda. | -你所说的一切… -不用说了 |
[10:53] | What’s going on now? | 这是怎么回事 |
[10:54] | The knife they found in your drawer, | 他们在你的抽屉里找到的刀子 |
[10:56] | did George Vogelman give it to you? | 是George Vogelman给你的吗 |
[10:58] | What? | 什么 |
[10:58] | It’s the weapon used to | 这把刀就是用来砍下 |
[10:59] | cut off Susan Robin’s head. | Susan Robin的头的凶器 |
[11:04] | She’s gonna be booked on concealing evidence, | 她会被控隐匿证据 |
[11:06] | probably obstruction of justice. | 也许还有妨碍司法 |
[11:08] | Did she say how the knife got in there? | 她有没有说那把刀怎么会在她那里 |
[11:09] | Well, we haven’t had a chance to talk to her yet. | 呃 我们还没有机会跟她说话 |
[11:12] | Okay. First, we try to get it kicked. | 这样 首先 我们争取让法院驳回 |
[11:14] | In my opinion, the search was illegal. | 我的观点 搜查是非法的 |
[11:15] | Incident to an arrest? | 基于逮捕的附带搜查? |
[11:16] | They were after Leonard, not… | 他们要抓的是Leonard 不是… |
[11:17] | But they arrested her. | 但是他们也逮捕了她 |
[11:18] | Which got dismissed already. | 已经被法院驳回了 |
[11:19] | Lindsay, bring the motion at the arraignment. | Lindsay 在聆讯的时候提出动议 |
[11:21] | Rebecca, you handle Leonard. | Rebecca 你来处理Leonard的案子 |
[11:22] | Eugene, go find George Vogelman! | Eugene 去找George Vogelman |
[11:24] | Bobby, you have the lawyer coming in on Kittleson. | Bobby Kittleson案对方的律师来找你 |
[11:27] | What? | 什么 |
[11:27] | She hired us. She’s being sued. | 她请了我们 她被人告了 |
[11:29] | And you took the case? | 你接了这个案子? |
[11:30] | Lindsay, never mind. | Lindsay 别小题大做 |
[11:31] | Bobby, she… | Bobby 她… |
[11:32] | Lindsay. Go see Ellenor. | Lindsay 去看Ellenor |
[11:35] | Jimmy, I need you to help me here. | Jimmy 我需要你来帮我做这个案子 |
[11:37] | Do they know it’s the murder weapon? | 他们确认这个是杀人凶器吗 |
[11:39] | It matches the blade, | 伤口跟刀刃相吻合 |
[11:41] | they’re testing the blood scrapings. | 他们正在对血迹进行化验 |
[11:43] | How the hell did it get in her desk? | 到底是怎么跑到她抽屉里去的 |
[11:45] | I don’t know! | 我不知道 |
[11:48] | It was the bottom left drawer? | 是左边最底下那个抽屉? |
[11:50] | Under some old files. | 在一堆旧文件下面 |
[11:51] | Do you even remember the last time | 你还记不记得最后一次 |
[11:52] | you looked down there? | 打开那个抽屉是什么时候 |
[11:53] | No. | 不记得 |
[11:55] | So, somebody’s framing me? Or George? | 这么说 是有人想栽赃给我 或者George |
[11:58] | Did George Vogelman ever have access? | George Vogelman有没有可能开这个抽屉 |
[12:00] | Was he ever in the office alone? | 他有没有单独在办公室呆过 |
[12:01] | It isn’t him, Lindsay. | 不是他干的 Lindsay |
[12:03] | Can you really know that now? | 你现在能确定吗 |
[12:05] | Yes. | 能 |
[12:09] | Okay. | 那好 |
[12:13] | Arraignment’s at two. Division one. | 聆讯是两点钟 一号法庭 |
[12:16] | I can’t imagine they’d set bail, but | 我相信他们不会要求交保释金 但是 |
[12:21] | I don’t believe this is really happening. | 我不敢相信这一切都是真的 |
[12:22] | A guy comes in, he throws heroin at me, | 有个人冲进来 扔一袋海洛因给我 |
[12:25] | and I am suddenly being held | 突然我就被逮捕了 |
[12:26] | for concealing a murder weapon! | 说是我隐匿杀人凶器 |
[12:28] | It’s gonna go away, Ellenor. | 我们不会有事的 Ellenor |
[12:31] | Don’t worry. | 不要担心 |
[12:40] | Can I help you? | 请问有什么事 |
[12:41] | I’m looking for Dr George Vogelman. | 我来找George Vogelman医生 |
[12:43] | Does he work here? | 他是在这儿上班吗 |
[12:44] | He does, or did. | 是 曾经是 |
[12:46] | You’re about ten minutes too late. | 你来晚了大概十分钟 |
[12:47] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[12:48] | The police just arrested him. | 警察刚刚逮捕了他 |
[12:53] | Same charge, concealment. | 同样的罪名 隐匿证据 |
[12:54] | And he’s in custody? | 他现在还被关押着吗 |
[12:55] | Eugene’s on his way to see him in lockup. | Eugene正赶过去见他 |
[12:57] | Lindsay talked to Helen. | Lindsay跟Helen说了 |
[12:58] | She thinks the police are determined to get him all over again. | 她觉得警方铁了心要再次起诉他 |
[13:01] | Is concealment a lesser included? | 隐匿证据属不属于”较轻罪行”? |
[13:03] | To murder? No way. He’s free game. | 相对于谋杀罪? 不可能 指控没有问题 |
[13:06] | Bobby Donnell Bobby Donnell? | |
[13:07] | Yeah. | 我是 |
[13:08] | Milton Cadence Milton Cadence. | |
[13:09] | Oh, hi. Thanks for agreeing to come. | 哦 你好 谢谢你能过来 |
[13:12] | Jimmy Berluti Jimmy Berluti. | |
[13:13] | A pleasure. | 幸会 |
[13:14] | As I said on the phone, | 我在电话上已经说过 |
[13:15] | Judge Kittleson is very anxious to dispose of this. | Kittleson法官迫切希望把这个案子解决了 |
[13:18] | As is Mr Michaels. | Michaels先生也想 |
[13:19] | He certainly doesn’t want to begin his law career | 他肯定不希望自己的法律职业生涯的第一步 |
[13:21] | as a plaintiff in a sexual harassment case. | 是作为性骚扰案件的原告 |
[13:23] | That’s why we filed under seal. | 所以我们才会提起不公开诉讼 |
[13:25] | Which I appreciate. | 对此我很感激 |
[13:26] | Listen, we’ve been hit with a little emergency, | 是这样 我们现在遇到点紧急情况 |
[13:29] | and unfortunately, I have to run out. | 不巧的是 我必须去处理一下 |
[13:30] | If we could agree to depose the two parties, | 如果我们同意对双方的证言笔录 |
[13:33] | also under seal, | 同样采用不公开方式 |
[13:34] | do it right here, | 就在这里进行 |
[13:35] | get some kind of assessment on the case, | 对案件的情况做个判断 |
[13:36] | we can pick a number and be done. | 我们可以报个数字 事情就完结了 |
[13:39] | Can she go first? | 可以让她先来吗 |
[13:40] | Sure. Six o’clock tonight? | 当然 今天晚上六点钟? |
[13:42] | Tonight? | 今天晚上? |
[13:43] | You could always | 如果有必要 |
[13:44] | depose her again, if you want. | 你随时可以对她做第二次证言笔录 |
[13:45] | My feeling is | 我的感觉是 |
[13:46] | if we could flush out some facts quick, | 如果我们能迅速把案情了解清楚 |
[13:48] | I think we can get rid of it. | 我觉得我们能够达成和解 |
[13:49] | The faster, the better for both sides. | 对双方来说 都是越快越好 |
[13:53] | Okay. I’ll see you at six tonight. | 那好 今天晚上六点钟再见 |
[13:55] | Great. | 很好 |
[13:56] | Jimmy? Sorry to run out. | Jimmy? 抱歉我们得走了 |
[13:58] | I’m so sorry. | 真的对不起 |
[13:59] | Leonard Leonard | |
[14:00] | I never meant to hurt her. | 我从来没想伤害她 |
[14:02] | Leonard, you need to stop crying and listen to me. | Leonard 你不要再哭了 好好听我说 |
[14:04] | I love Ellenor. | 我喜欢Ellenor |
[14:05] | I know you do, and for you to help her. | 我知道 你也要知道 为了帮她 |
[14:08] | You see, we may have to be making statements | 我们可能不得不做出一些 |
[14:10] | that go against your interest. | 有损你的利益的陈述 |
[14:12] | Which means you might need to get a new lawyer | 因此你可能需要另外找一位律师 |
[14:14] | for the time being. | 来为你辩护 |
[14:15] | I want Ellenor. | 我要Ellenor |
[14:16] | Ellenor is unavailable right now. | Ellenor现在来不了 |
[14:18] | I love Ellenor. | 我喜欢Ellenor |
[14:19] | She is in jail, Leonard. | 她在监狱里 Leonard |
[14:21] | She’s always stuck by me. I can’t | 她一直都肯帮我 我不能 |
[14:24] | Okay, well, | 好了 好了 |
[14:24] | what I’m trying to tell you | 我要告诉你的是 |
[14:25] | is we won’t be sticking by you. | 我们这次帮不了你 |
[14:29] | I love Ellenor. | 我喜欢Ellenor |
[14:30] | I have no idea. Want me to say it again? | 我不知道 还要我说多少遍? |
[14:34] | Well, you better think, George. | 你最好仔细回想一下 George |
[14:35] | Think who could’ve stuck that knife | 想一想谁有可能把刀子 |
[14:36] | in that drawer, otherwise | 放到她的抽屉里面 否则 |
[14:37] | Eugene, I’ve heard that speech. | Eugene 你已经说过了 |
[14:38] | You better think, George. | 你最好仔细回想一下 George |
[14:40] | Better think who could’ve put that head | 最好想一想谁有可能 |
[14:41] | in your medical bag, otherwise | 把头放在你的医疗包里 否则 |
[14:44] | Now is not the time to get snide. | 现在可不是冷嘲热讽的时候 |
[14:48] | This is Ellenor on the line now, not just you. | 现在出事的还有Ellenor 不光是你 |
[14:51] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[14:53] | Why would I ever put a knife in her drawer? | 我为什么要放把刀子在她的抽屉里 |
[14:56] | Or if I did give it to her, why would she even take it? | 而且即使是我给她的 难道她会收吗 |
[14:59] | Somebody’s doing something here. | 肯定是其他什么人干的 |
[15:01] | And you can’t think who it could possibly be? | 你不知道这个人有可能是谁吗 |
[15:03] | No. | 不知道 |
[15:06] | George, I’ll tell you this. If I ever get wind… | George 我告诉你 如果哪天我… |
[15:08] | You’ll what? | 你就怎样 |
[15:10] | Beat me up? Do it. | 揍我一顿? 动手啊 |
[15:12] | I’ve been out of work for six months. | 我失业了六个月 |
[15:14] | I finally got hired two days ago, two days ago! | 两天前我终于找到一份工作 两天前 |
[15:17] | And what happens? | 结果怎样 |
[15:18] | In come the police to take me away again. | 警察跑来又把我抓走了 |
[15:21] | Go ahead, Eugene. Beat the hell out of me. | 动手啊 Eugene 痛扁我一顿好了 |
[15:23] | I need the money. | 我正缺钱用呢 |
[15:28] | Case number 32632. | 案号32632 |
[15:30] | Commonwealth versus Ellenor Frutt | 马萨诸塞州诉Ellenor Frutt |
[15:32] | Bobby Donnell for the defence, Your Honour. | Bobby Donnell为被告辩护 法官阁下 |
[15:34] | Waive reading. | 放弃宣读权利 |
[15:34] | Ask that this court dismiss all charges on the grounds… | 请求法庭驳回所有的指控 理由在于… |
[15:37] | Dismiss, dismiss! | 驳回 驳回 |
[15:38] | Everybody’s getting up and asking me to dismiss charges. | 每个人都站起来要我驳回指控 |
[15:41] | What do I look like? | 把我当什么了 |
[15:43] | Well, under the circumstances | 呃 基于本案的情况 |
[15:44] | I’ve already dismissed charges | 我今天已经驳回了一次 |
[15:46] | against this woman once today. | 针对这位女士的指控 |
[15:47] | That’s all she gets. | 已经足够了 |
[15:49] | I don’t just kick things here. | 我这里不是专门驳回指控的 |
[15:50] | Especially in murder cases. | 特别是在谋杀案里面 |
[15:52] | Not dismissed! No, no, no! | 不予驳回 不行 不行 不行 |
[15:56] | What do you mean, murder case? | 你说什么 谋杀案 |
[15:59] | Yes, murder. | 是啊 谋杀案 |
[16:00] | Your client is charged with first degree murder. | 你的当事人被指控一级谋杀 |
[16:03] | If you didn’t know that, | 如果你不知道指控的罪名 |
[16:04] | why the hell did you waive reading? | 你放弃哪门子宣读权利 |
[16:07] | What’s going on here? | 这是怎么回事 |
[16:10] | What is going on? | 怎么回事 |
[16:12] | Talk to me, counsellor. | 有话跟我说 律师 |
[16:14] | Never mind, don’t. | 算了 不用说了 |
[16:15] | Now I’m mad, all right? | 现在我很生气 明白吗 |
[16:18] | Next case, give me something good. | 下一个 给我个正常点的案子 |
[16:20] | What the hell is this? | 你们这是搞什么鬼 |
[16:21] | Why don’t we find a room to talk? | 我们找个办公室谈谈吧 |
[16:31] | There’s enough there. | 证据已经足够了 |
[16:32] | For a murder charge? | 足够指控谋杀? |
[16:33] | Well, I’m not saying we’re gonna make it, | 我没说我们一定能赢 |
[16:34] | but we’ve got to face a few facts here. | 但是我们得面对这样几个现实 |
[16:36] | She had a romantic relationship with this Vogelman. | 她跟这个Vogelman约会过 |
[16:38] | That was two years ago! | 那是两年前的事了 |
[16:40] | Well, love’s been known to smoulder. | 哦 爱情的力量是很顽强的 |
[16:42] | Is this a joke? | 你搞笑吗 |
[16:43] | She’s found with the murder weapon? | 从她的抽屉里找到了杀人凶器 |
[16:44] | And we all know Ellenor has a temper. | 我们都知道Ellenor脾气暴躁 |
[16:49] | What do you want, Richard? | 你想怎样 Richard |
[16:52] | Vogelman Vogelman. | |
[16:53] | She testifies he gave her the knife, | 她作证说刀子是Vogelman给她的 |
[16:55] | well, maybe we can make things go easy on her. | 这样的话 我们或许可以放她一马 |
[16:57] | First of all, I have no knowledge that he gave her the knife. | 首先 我不知道刀是不是Vogelman给她的 |
[17:00] | Second, you can’t get Vogelman. | 第二 你不能再追诉Vogelman |
[17:01] | Double jeopardy. | 双重危险原则 |
[17:02] | Oh, we can’t get him on murder, | 哦 我们是不能以谋杀罪追诉他 |
[17:03] | but we can on concealment and perjury. | 但是我们可以指控他隐匿证据和伪证 |
[17:06] | Third, this is blatant blackmail. | 第三 你这是公然的讹诈 |
[17:08] | This is a settlement negotiation. | 我这是在谈辩诉交易 |
[17:10] | You’re charging a lawyer | 你在用谋杀罪起诉律师 |
[17:12] | with murder to get her client? | 以这种手段对付她的当事人 |
[17:15] | This is way over the line. | 你完全已经违规了 |
[17:16] | Bobby, you guys accused a victim’s bother of murder | Bobby 你们为了帮自己的当事人脱罪 |
[17:19] | just to get your client off, | 公然指控受害人的弟弟是杀人凶手 |
[17:20] | and you wanna debate where the line is? | 你想跟我争论怎样做才合规矩吗 |
[17:22] | We’re defence attorneys. It’s different. | 我们是辩护律师 这不一样 |
[17:24] | Discuss the offer with Ellenor. | 去跟Ellenor商量一下我们的条件 |
[17:27] | And then, get back to me. | 然后给我个答复 |
[17:35] | I don’t believe it. | 这怎么可能 |
[17:36] | I’ve got the motion to suppress marked up for tomorrow. | 我正在起草要求排除证据的申请 明天提交 |
[17:38] | With that judge? | 还是那个法官? |
[17:39] | No, thank God. Judge West. | 不是 谢天谢地 West法官 |
[17:41] | How’s George? | George怎么样 |
[17:42] | Not good. They denied bail. | 不太好 他们驳回了保释申请 |
[17:43] | For concealing evidence? | 罪名是隐匿证据? |
[17:44] | And perjury, obstruction of justice. | 还有伪证 妨碍司法 |
[17:46] | They’re on a mission, Bobby. | 他们就是紧追不放 Bobby |
[17:47] | They’re out for him, | 他们一心想抓他 |
[17:49] | and now they have the perfect chance. | 现在他们碰到个完美的机会 |
[17:57] | So you don’t deny the affair? | 你并不否认这段恋情? |
[17:58] | No, I don’t. | 是 我不否认 |
[18:00] | Nor did I regret it, until yesterday. | 而且我也不后悔 直到昨天为止 |
[18:03] | Can you tell us how your relationship | 你可不可以告诉我们 |
[18:04] | with Kevin Michaels began? | 你跟Kevin Michaels的关系是怎样开始的 |
[18:06] | Our professional relationship began | 我们职业上的关系开始于 |
[18:07] | when I hired him out of law school to clerk for me. | 我从法学院聘他来做我的书记员 |
[18:10] | Our physical relationship began about four months later. | 我们的性关系开始于大约四个月之后 |
[18:14] | It was a Friday night, | 当时是星期五的晚上 |
[18:16] | we were going over a draft | 我们在修改一份草稿 |
[18:18] | of a rather convoluted opinion regarding stock fraud, | 是关于证券欺诈的法律观点 挺复杂的 |
[18:21] | and, well, | 然后 呃 |
[18:26] | I suppose one might say I seduced him. | 我想 可以说是我挑逗了他 |
[18:29] | Why might one say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[18:31] | Because I did. | 因为我确实挑逗了他 |
[18:37] | Can you be more specific? | 你可以再说得具体一点吗 |
[18:39] | Do I need to be? | 有这个必要吗 |
[18:41] | The basis of this lawsuit | 这个案子的基础在于 |
[18:43] | concerns what happened after he left my employ. | 他从我这里离职之后发生的事情 |
[18:45] | We can all stipulate to the sexual affair. | 对于性关系这一事实双方都不持异议 |
[18:47] | We’re on a fast course to settle this. | 我们都希望尽快达成和解 |
[18:50] | I need to flush out some of the background | 我需要迅速了解一下背景情况 |
[18:52] | before I advise my client. | 然后才能给我的当事人提供法律建议 |
[19:00] | All right. | 好吧 |
[19:02] | We were working side by side, | 我们当时肩并肩坐着 |
[19:04] | going over this draft. | 一起修改草稿 |
[19:06] | He reached across for something, | 他伸手去拿个什么东西 |
[19:08] | I don’t remember what, | 我不记得是拿什么了 |
[19:11] | and he inadvertently brushed my breast. | 他不小心碰到了我的胸部 |
[19:14] | He began to apologise profusely, | 然后他就一连声不停地道歉 |
[19:16] | and perhaps to dissipate his embarrassment, | 也许我是想缓解他的尴尬 |
[19:20] | I said ‘don’t be sorry, | 我就说不用道歉 |
[19:23] | I rather enjoyed it.’ | 我觉得挺舒服的 |
[19:28] | What, what, what happened next? | 然..然..然后发生了什么事 |
[19:31] | Well, he just stared back at me. | 呃 他瞪大了眼睛看着我 |
[19:33] | I’d obviously shocked him. | 显然被我震惊到了 |
[19:36] | But he had an expression | 但是他的表情看起来 |
[19:39] | almost as if he were titillated a little as well, | 就好像他也被挑逗得兴奋起来了 |
[19:45] | And, oh, I don’t know. | 然后 呃 我不知道 |
[19:48] | Maybe because the hour was late, | 也许是因为已经很晚了 |
[19:50] | and my senses were fogged or | 我的理智有点模糊 或者 |
[19:54] | or it was just the dare in me. | 或者是因为觉得很刺激 |
[19:56] | I said | 我说 |
[19:59] | it’s not the worst thing in life to be touched, | 被摸一下并不是什么太糟糕的事情 |
[20:02] | you know’. | 你懂吗 |
[20:06] | And I reached out my hand, | 然后我伸出我的手 |
[20:11] | I touched him. | 我抚摸他 |
[20:14] | And said | 我说 |
[20:18] | not so bad, is it?’ | 感觉不坏 对吧 |
[20:22] | And then? | 然后呢 |
[20:23] | And then, | 然后 |
[20:27] | at the risk of sounding immodest, | 我这么说可能不太谦虚 但我要说 |
[20:30] | I gave him the best fellatio known to mankind. | 我给了他人类所能享受到的最棒的口交 |
[20:47] | I am sorry to be so blunt. But, | 抱歉我说话太直接 但是 |
[20:49] | I think we all know what could happen | 我想如果在证言笔录的时候不诚实地回答 |
[20:51] | if you don’t come clean at a deposition. | 我们都知道会有怎样的后果 |
[21:04] | No prints on the knife, the DNA was positive. | 刀上没有指纹 DNA检测的结果相吻合 |
[21:07] | It’s Susan Robin’s blood. | 是Susan Robin的血迹 |
[21:08] | Great. | 这下可好 |
[21:09] | I think Vogelman needs independent counsel. | 我觉得Vogelman需要另请律师 |
[21:11] | For now | 就目前而言 |
[21:12] | What if we need to argue | 如果我们需要抗辩说 |
[21:13] | he put the knife in here? | 刀是他放进去的怎么办 |
[21:14] | My money says we will. | 我敢确定我们必须这么说 |
[21:16] | Let’s just see how the suppression hearing | 我们先看看Ellenor的案子 |
[21:17] | goes on Ellenor. | 排除证据的听证结果怎样 |
[21:18] | If we win there, there won’t be any conflict. | 如果我们赢了 就不会有利益冲突 |
[21:24] | You all set? | 你们都准备好了吗 |
[21:25] | Yep. | 嗯 |
[21:26] | You need any help, any research or? | 你需不需要帮忙 检索资料什么的 |
[21:29] | I’m fine. | 不用了 |
[21:31] | Lindsay, it’s a good case to take. | Lindsay 这个案子值得接 |
[21:33] | If a judge hires you, | 如果有法官来请你 |
[21:34] | that’s a nice credit | 可以提高你的知名度 |
[21:35] | It’s under seal, Bobby. | 这是不公开案件 Bobby |
[21:36] | There’s no marquee value in this case. | 做这个案子根本没有宣传价值 |
[21:39] | There was no reason to take it. | 你没有理由接这个案子 |
[21:42] | Or was there? | 或者有我不知道的理由? |
[21:43] | Oh, please, you can’t be jealous | 哦 拜托 你不会真的吃醋吧 |
[21:45] | Bobby, let me just concentrate | Bobby 让我集中精力 |
[21:46] | on Ellenor’s case right now, okay? | 处理Ellenor的案子 好吗 |
[21:50] | Your Honour, | 法官阁下 |
[21:51] | Am I early? | 我来早了吗 |
[21:52] | No, oh no. We’re set to go in about twenty minutes, | 不 没有 我们准备再过二十分钟就开始 |
[21:55] | and Bobby wanted to go over some stuff | Bobby想再核实几个问题 |
[21:57] | Do you perhaps have something I could just nip | 你这边有没有什么… |
[21:59] | Oh, hello. | 哦 你好 |
[22:01] | Hello. Could I get by? | 你好 可以让我过去吗 |
[22:03] | Oh, I’m terribly sorry. | 哦 真是抱歉 |
[22:06] | I’ll be down as soon as I can. | 我会尽快赶过去 |
[22:19] | I don’t mean to add pressure on you, | 我不是有意要给你增加压力 |
[22:20] | we don’t win this, | 如果你今天输了 |
[22:21] | Ellenor faces a long haul. | Ellenor的麻烦就大了 |
[22:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[22:24] | Do you have any idea how that knife got there? | 你知不知道那把刀为什么会在她的抽屉里 |
[22:27] | Had to be George. | 只能是George |
[22:32] | You never showed him the letter? | 推荐信你从来没有给他看过? |
[22:34] | Not before I sent it out. | 我寄出去之前没给他看过 |
[22:37] | I suppose I should have. | 我想我是应该给他看一下 |
[22:39] | But this isn’t about that letter, Bobby. | 但是问题不在这封推荐信 Bobby |
[22:42] | You read it. | 你也看过了 |
[22:43] | It may not’ve been laced with superlatives, | 虽然可能没有太多溢美之词 |
[22:45] | but it certainly wasn’t critical. | 但是肯定也没有负面评价 |
[22:47] | Well, he’s suing you for it, so | 可是 他就是以这封信来起诉你 所以 |
[22:51] | My bet is, | 我的判断是 |
[22:53] | he’s suing just for | 他起诉我的目的 |
[22:54] | the privilege of these depositions. | 就是为了参加这几次证言笔录 |
[22:56] | He gets to be in the same room with me again. | 这样他就可以再次跟我同处一室 |
[23:00] | I don’t think he’s over me, to tell you the truth. | 实话跟你说 我觉得他始终忘不了我 |
[23:08] | Is everything okay? | 你没有问题吧 |
[23:10] | Fine. | 没事 |
[23:17] | They had no warrant to search that desk. | 他们没有取得搜查办公桌的搜查令 |
[23:18] | And nor was one required. | 他们不需要搜查令 |
[23:19] | It was a search incident to an arrest. | 这是基于逮捕行为的附带搜查 |
[23:21] | Warrantless searches… | 无搜查令的搜查… |
[23:22] | Hold on a second. | 且慢 |
[23:24] | Are you saying the arrest of Miss Frutt was invalid? | 你的意思是针对Frutt小姐的逮捕是非法的? |
[23:27] | On the knife, absolutely | 就刀子而言 当然是 |
[23:28] | Not on the knife, on the drugs. | 不是就刀子而言 针对毒品 |
[23:30] | That case was dismissed. | 那个案子已经被驳回了 |
[23:32] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[23:32] | But are you saying at the time the arrest was made, | 但是你的意思是说在实施逮捕的时候 |
[23:34] | it was legally invalid? | 逮捕在法律上是非法的? |
[23:36] | Yes. They knew those drugs weren’t hers. | 是的 他们知道那些毒品不是她的 |
[23:38] | The heroin was on her desk, counsel. | 海洛因就在她的桌上 律师 |
[23:41] | There was no probable cause for an arrest? | 你觉得没有实施逮捕的”正当诉由”吗 |
[23:43] | They came in chasing | 他们进来的时候是在追捕 |
[23:44] | somebody else for those drugs. | 另一个涉嫌持有这些毒品的人 |
[23:45] | He ran right to this desk. | 他直接冲向那张桌子 |
[23:46] | They see the drugs on top of the desk, | 他们看到毒品在桌子上 |
[23:48] | they suddenly think they belong to her. Please. | 他们突然就认为毒品是她的 拜托 |
[23:50] | That insults everybody’s intelligence. | 这是对所有人智商的侮辱 |
[23:51] | Which is why the case on the drugs was ultimately dismissed. | 正因如此 关于毒品的案子最后被驳回了 |
[23:55] | But if the arrest | 但是如果拘捕 |
[23:56] | was technically valid at the time, | 在当时的情况下形式上是合法的 |
[23:58] | then so was the search that turned up the knife. | 那么搜出刀子的搜查也是合法的 |
[24:00] | Even if you were to uphold the search | 即使你要判定搜查是合法的 |
[24:02] | as incident to a valid arrest, | 是附属于合法的逮捕 |
[24:04] | the area to be searched has to be | 搜查的范围只能限于 |
[24:06] | within the control of the suspect. | 嫌疑人所控制的区域 |
[24:07] | Which this was. It was her desk. | 没错啊 那是她的办公桌 |
[24:09] | She wasn’t even in the building | 你们发现那把刀子的时候 |
[24:10] | by the time you found the knife, | 她甚至都不在那栋楼里面 |
[24:12] | so the desk couldn’t be within her control. | 所以桌子不可能在她的控制之下 |
[24:14] | The search began contemporaneously with the arrest. | 搜查是在逮捕之后立即开始的 |
[24:16] | It continued after she left. | 一直持续到她离开之后 |
[24:18] | It did not begin after she left. | 并不是在她离开之后才开始的 |
[24:20] | There’s a difference, Your Honour, | 本案的情况不一样 法官阁下 |
[24:21] | I can cite the cases. | 我可以援引判例 |
[24:22] | None of these cases involved a pretext arrest, | 这些判例都不涉及用逮捕作为搜查的借口 |
[24:24] | which this was. | 就像本案的情况 |
[24:25] | They knew the drugs weren’t hers. | 他们知道这些毒品不是她的 |
[24:27] | They didn’t have a good faith basis to make that arrest. | 他们的逮捕行为并非基于诚实的内心判断 |
[24:29] | Any search incident to that arrest | 附属于该逮捕行为的任何搜查 |
[24:31] | is also lacking in good faith. | 同样也不是基于诚实的内心判断 |
[24:32] | This is part of a master plan | 这是一场精心设计的计谋 |
[24:33] | to get George Vogelman | 目的是对付George Vogelman |
[24:35] | and everybody in this room knows it. | 在座的各位都很清楚 |
[24:37] | Objection! | 反对 |
[24:38] | Make your objection, | 你只管反对好了 |
[24:39] | but I am putting this on the record. | 但是我要把我的意见记录在案 |
[24:40] | They charged her with murder | 他们以谋杀罪起诉她 |
[24:41] | and they offered to drop everything | 然后他们开出条件说 |
[24:43] | if she would flip George Vogelman | 只要她肯指证George Vogelman隐匿证据 |
[24:45] | on concealment. | 就撤销所有指控 |
[24:45] | He’s the one they’re after. | 他们真正要对付的人是他 |
[24:46] | The arrest of Ellenor Frutt is not only unethical, | 逮捕Ellenor Frutt不仅是不规范的 |
[24:49] | it is flat out immoral. | 而且完全是恶意的 |
[24:50] | I completely reject that. | 我完全不接受你的说法 |
[24:51] | We never offered to drop this. | 我们从来没有说要撤销全部指控 |
[24:53] | And any and all settlement discussions | 并且辩诉交易中的任何谈判内容 |
[24:55] | are inadmissible. | 都应该是保密的 |
[24:56] | She should be sanctioned for attempting to | 她在听证程序中提出辩诉交易的内容 |
[24:58] | raise this in these proceedings. | 她应该为此受到惩戒 |
[25:00] | You’re charging her with homicide | 你起诉她杀人罪.. |
[25:01] | – to coerce testimony. – Not only to mention | -来逼她作证 -更不用说.. |
[25:03] | Yes, sanction me! – that she misrepresented everything that was | 好啊 惩戒我 -她故意地歪曲 |
[25:04] | – All right, All right! – said in the context of our prior discussions | -行了 行了 -我们此前谈话的内容 |
[25:09] | I’ll take all this under advisement. | 我会考虑你们双方的意见 |
[25:13] | I’ll rule tomorrow. | 明天我会做出裁决 |
[25:14] | Your Honour, | 法官阁下 |
[25:15] | I would ask that you release Miss Frutt | 我请求在您做出裁决之前 |
[25:16] | on our own recognisance pending your decision. | 允许Frutt女士自我保释 |
[25:20] | I can live with that. | 我觉得没有问题 |
[25:22] | O.R. | 自我保释 |
[25:24] | Adjourned till tomorrow. | 休庭至明天 |
[25:39] | You can go. Your case has been dismissed. | 你可以走了 你的案子被驳回了 |
[25:42] | Thank you, God. | 谢谢你 谢天谢地 |
[25:44] | You’re the only one to catch a break this week, | 你是这个星期以来运气最好的一个 |
[25:46] | Leonard Leonard. | |
[25:46] | You know that heroin you bought? | 你还记得你买的那些海洛因吗 |
[25:47] | Lab results show that it wasn’t heroin. | 检验结果表明那不是海洛因 |
[25:49] | It was some brown confectionery or something. | 只是一种棕色的糖膏什么的 |
[25:52] | That’s how gone you are, Leonard. | 你看看你有多糊涂 Leonard |
[25:54] | Even the dealers… | 即使是毒贩.. |
[25:55] | I can go now? | 我现在可以走了吗 |
[25:57] | Right now. | 可以 |
[25:59] | Good. Not a second too soon. | 好极了 我一秒钟也不想多呆 |
[26:01] | I need a fix. | 我要调整一下 |
[26:01] | You know, I can’t stop you from going to get your fix, | 你要休息我不阻止你 |
[26:05] | but don’t you ever come into our office again | 但是你再也不要带着你那些玩意 |
[26:08] | and bring that stuff. | 踏进我们的办公室 |
[26:10] | Ellenor Frutt is in | 就是因为你 |
[26:11] | a lot of trouble right now because of you. | 害得Ellenor Frutt现在麻烦缠身 |
[26:19] | By your own admission, | 根据你自己的陈述 |
[26:20] | this affair was consensual? | 你们之间的关系是双方自愿的? |
[26:22] | Yes, but I feel that after it ended, | 是的 但是我是在关系结束之后才这么想的 |
[26:25] | this letter was not a ringing endorsement. | 这份推荐信对我的评价并不高 |
[26:28] | That was clear to anybody who read it. | 所有读过这封信的人应该都有这种感觉 |
[26:29] | Well, did it say anything negative? | 那么 信上有什么负面的评价吗 |
[26:31] | No, but it wasn’t glowing. | 没有 但是不够闪亮 |
[26:33] | I think it was what she didn’t say | 我觉得正是她没有写进去的内容 |
[26:35] | that was conspicuous. | 最能说明问题 |
[26:36] | Is it possible | 有没有可能 |
[26:37] | that you weren’t that great a clerk? | 你作为书记员本来就不够出色 |
[26:40] | It’s possible, but | 有可能 但是 |
[26:43] | But what? | 但是什么 |
[26:44] | Well, I don’t think she had the opportunity to really know | 呃 我觉得她并没有机会来真正了解 |
[26:47] | whether I was a great clerk or not. | 我是不是一个优秀的书记员 |
[26:49] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[26:50] | Once our personal relationship began, | 一旦我们发生性关系之后 |
[26:52] | the only thing that transpired | 我们在她的办公室里 |
[26:54] | in her chambers was sex. | 做的唯一的事情就是性 |
[26:55] | Over the last seven months, | 在过去的七个月里 |
[26:58] | we probably made love two to three times a day, | 我们大概每天做爱两到三次 |
[27:01] | sometimes four. | 有时候四次 |
[27:04] | Four times in one day? | 一天就做四次? |
[27:06] | One day, I think we hit eleven. | 最多的一天 我记得有十一次 |
[27:09] | She was insatiable. | 她的欲望很强烈 |
[27:12] | Are you claiming that in any way it was against your will? | 你是否主张这违背了你自己的意愿? |
[27:16] | No no, It was the most amazing. | 不 不 我觉得无比美妙 |
[27:18] | Look, I didn’t complain. | 真的 我对此没有意见 |
[27:20] | And if she tried to seduce me again today, | 如果她今天又来挑逗我 |
[27:22] | I can’t honestly say that she wouldn’t succeed, | 诚实地说 我一样没法抗拒 |
[27:25] | knowing how… | 因为我知道.. |
[27:28] | Look, my point is that | 总之 我想说的是 |
[27:30] | what chance did I have to excel | 我根本没有机会展现我的法律技能 |
[27:32] | at being a clerk when all we did was… | 因为我们的时间都用在… |
[27:36] | Mr Michaels, | Michaels先生 |
[27:37] | why did you ask her to write a recommendation | 你最初请她给你写推荐信的时候 |
[27:40] | in the first place? | 是出于怎样的考虑 |
[27:41] | It was probably a mistake. | 也许是我想错了 |
[27:42] | I just figured, I don’t know, | 我只是想 我不知道 |
[27:45] | I mean, if a woman can’t get enough of your penis, | 我觉得 如果有个女人爱死了你的阴茎 |
[27:47] | chances are she’ll write a decent letter. | 那么她应该会帮你写一份好看的推荐信 |
[27:51] | Can we go off the record here a second? | 可不可以暂停记录? 我有几句话要说 |
[27:55] | Kevin Kevin, | |
[27:57] | I will write you a superlative recommendation, | 我可以给你写一份充满赞美的推荐信 |
[28:00] | right now. | 现在就可以写 |
[28:00] | Maybe a call or two, | 也许还可以打一两个电话 |
[28:02] | I could get you a job in a second. | 分分钟帮你搞定一份工作 |
[28:04] | How about I do that? | 你觉得怎样 |
[28:06] | Can we call off this lawsuit? | 我们把这个案子撤了吧 |
[28:10] | It’s a little late. | 现在已经有点晚了 |
[28:11] | No, it isn’t. | 不 还不晚 |
[28:16] | This isn’t about you getting a job, Kevin, | 你的目的并不是想要一份工作 Kevin |
[28:19] | it’s about getting me. | 你就是想要我 |
[28:21] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[28:24] | You’re obsessed with me. | 我让你无法自拔 |
[28:25] | Does your lawyer not know that? | 你没告诉你的律师吗 |
[28:30] | You’re sad. | 你真可悲 |
[28:31] | Am I? | 是吗 |
[28:34] | I could give you an erection from across the room, | 我隔着房间的另一头都能让你勃起 |
[28:38] | we both know that. | 难道不是吗 |
[28:42] | Go ahead. | 过去 |
[28:42] | Stand over there, I’ll prove it. | 站到那边去 我证明给你看 |
[28:46] | Probably getting aroused right now. | 说不定你现在已经勃起了 |
[28:51] | Stand up, Kevin. | 站起来 Kevin |
[28:59] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[29:00] | Let’s just go back on the record. | 我们还是恢复正式程序吧 |
[29:10] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[29:19] | Be seated. | 坐下 |
[29:27] | A man gets chased into an office. | 嫌疑人被追捕 逃进办公室 |
[29:29] | Leads to a search, turns up a knife. | 导致后续的搜查 找到了一把刀 |
[29:34] | Somebody somewhere has an idea as to what’s going on here, | 总有人知道这一切究竟是怎么回事 |
[29:37] | but it isn’t me. | 但这个人肯定不是我 |
[29:40] | The search of the desk drawer was valid. | 对办公桌抽屉的搜查是合法的 |
[29:42] | As far as the murder charge, | 至于谋杀罪的指控 |
[29:44] | possession of the weapon alone | 仅仅是占有凶器本身 |
[29:46] | does not constitute probable cause, | 并不足以构成”正当诉由” |
[29:48] | at least not to me, under these circumstances. | 至少在目前的情况下 我认为不构成 |
[29:50] | That count is dismissed. | 该项指控予以驳回 |
[29:53] | As far as the charges of concealing evidence | 至于隐匿证据的指控 |
[29:55] | and obstruction of justice, | 以及妨碍司法的指控 |
[29:57] | those counts stand. | 指控可以成立 |
[29:59] | The defendant is bound over for trial, | 被告具结候审 |
[30:01] | personal recognisance. | 自我保释 |
[30:03] | We’ll conference Tuesday, ten o’clock. | 星期二我们再商议 十点钟 |
[30:07] | Adjourned. | 休庭 |
[30:10] | Miss Frutt? | Frutt女士 |
[30:12] | Did you help George Vogelman get away with murder? | 你有没有帮助George Vogelman逃脱谋杀罪 |
[30:14] | Do you know who killed Susan Robin, ma’am? | 你知不知道是谁杀了Susan Robin 女士 |
[30:16] | Come on, let us through. | 让开 让我们过去 |
[30:17] | Where did the knife come from? | 刀子是从哪里来的 |
[30:19] | If you could just answer a few questions | 就回答我们几个问题可以吗 |
[30:34] | We’ll beat it, Ellenor. | 我们一定会打败他们 Ellenor |
[30:36] | Every one of us is on it. | 所有人都来对付这个案子 |
[30:38] | If we have to drop every other case to fight this, | 哪怕我们得扔下其他所有的案子 |
[30:40] | it’s done. | 也在所不惜 |
[30:41] | As of right now, George Vogelman is the enemy. | 目前 George Vogelman是我们的敌人 |
[30:43] | Why? | 为什么 |
[30:44] | Because one of the alternative defences | 因为我们的辩护策略之一是 |
[30:46] | will have to be he planted that knife. | 刀子是他栽赃的 |
[30:48] | Which is possible, by the way. | 这种可能性也的确存在 |
[30:49] | No, it isn’t. | 不 不会的 |
[30:50] | Ellenor, look at me. | Ellenor 看着我 |
[30:53] | Everyone in this room stands ready to go to war for you. | 事务所的每个人都愿意为你而战 |
[30:59] | But you have to let us. | 但是你得配合我们 |
[31:15] | Here’s the deal, George. | 情况是这样的 George |
[31:16] | The police seem determined | 警方看来态度很坚定 |
[31:18] | to put you on trial again for killing Susan Robin. | 他们要再次起诉你杀害Susan Robin |
[31:23] | But how can they? | 他们能这么做吗 |
[31:26] | I was acquitted. | 我已经被判无罪了 |
[31:27] | Well, they’re gonna end run double jeopardy | 他们这次起诉隐匿证据 妨碍司法 伪证 |
[31:29] | with concealment, obstruction of justice, perjury | 这样就可以绕过双重危险原则 |
[31:31] | and relevant to proving the case | 在举证的过程当中 |
[31:33] | the question as to whether you committed murder | 你是否杀了人这个问题 |
[31:34] | will be played out again. | 会再次被涉及到 |
[31:36] | And if you get convicted on perjury and concealment, | 如果你被判伪证和隐匿证据罪名成立 |
[31:39] | the judge is going to take everything into consideration | 法官在量刑的时候 |
[31:42] | when he sentences you. | 就会考虑所有的因素 |
[31:45] | What are you telling me? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[31:46] | I’m telling you you could be looking at twenty years. | 我的意思是 你有可能被判二十年 |
[31:52] | This, this isn’t fair. | 这 这不公平 |
[31:57] | No, it isn’t. | 是 是不公平 |
[31:58] | And it doesn’t get better. | 而且我还有坏消息要告诉你 |
[32:00] | You need to get another attorney. | 你得另外找辩护律师 |
[32:02] | Our firm withdraws. | 我们事务所不再为你辩护 |
[32:03] | Your new lawyer can contact us, | 你的新律师可以跟我们联系 |
[32:05] | and we’ll release the files. | 我们可以提供所有的文件 |
[32:14] | Jimmy, in my office. | Jimmy 到我办公室来 |
[32:16] | Everybody else, in the conference room. | 其他人 都到会议室去 |
[32:17] | Your Honour | 法官阁下 |
[32:18] | Oh, hello. I’m Roberta Kittleson. | 哦 你好 我是Roberta Kittleson |
[32:21] | Lindsay Dole Lindsay Dole. | |
[32:22] | Yes, I know. | 嗯 我知道 |
[32:22] | You have quite a reputation at the courthouse. | 你在法院内部还小有名气 |
[32:25] | So do you. | 你也是 |
[32:28] | You can go in. | 你可以进去了 |
[32:29] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[32:40] | Pretty simple. | 很简单 |
[32:41] | Ten thousand and a better recommendation | 一万元 一份好一点的推荐信 |
[32:44] | and we close this today. | 我们今天就把事情解决 |
[32:45] | Why should I give him money? | 为什么我要赔钱给他 |
[32:47] | Because he’s looking to save face | 因为他想挽回一点颜面 |
[32:48] | and it goes away now. | 他现在可是颜面全无 |
[32:49] | Merits aside, this will look bad for you if it goes public. | 再说了 如果公开的话 对你也不是好事 |
[32:54] | Let’s keep it sealed and be done. | 我们就保守秘密 把它了结 |
[32:55] | Can I tell him yes? | 我可以答应下来吗 |
[32:57] | I suppose. | 好吧 |
[32:58] | Great. I’ll draft some papers, have you sign them | 很好 我来起草几份文件 给你签字 |
[33:00] | Bobby Bobby | |
[33:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:07] | I’ll be in touch. | 保持联系 |
[33:17] | This is a really good result. | 这个结果真的很不错 |
[33:19] | Put this down today. Good result. | 今天把它解决掉 结果不错 |
[33:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:22] | And thank you too, Jimmy. | 也谢谢你 Jimmy |
[33:26] | Listen. Maybe you wanna get a glass of champagne later? | 我想 晚一点要不要出去喝杯香槟 |
[33:30] | Toast our victory? | 庆祝我们的胜利? |
[33:33] | Oh. Would you like to do that? | 哦 你想去吗 |
[33:37] | Well, only if you would. | 如果你去我就去 |
[33:42] | Sure. | 当然 |
[33:45] | Good. | 很好 |
[33:48] | There are two possibilities. | 有两种可能性 |
[33:50] | Somebody’s out to frame George Vogelman, | 要么是有人栽赃给George Vogelman |
[33:51] | or he’s guilty. | 要么他真的是凶手 |
[33:52] | If Gerorge were guilty | 如果George真是凶手 |
[33:53] | why would he put the murder weapon in my drawer? | 他为什么要把杀人凶器放在我的抽屉里 |
[33:55] | What good does that do him? | 他这样做有什么好处 |
[33:56] | Well, if he’s guilty, Ellenor, | 如果他真是凶手 Ellenor |
[33:57] | we can forget what makes sense. | 我们就别在他身上找合理性 |
[33:59] | He cut off a head. | 他砍了别人的头 |
[34:00] | Plus, this could be some fixation thing with you. | 再说 也许是因为他一直迷恋着你 |
[34:02] | What? | 什么 |
[34:03] | Loner, perhaps once in love with you, you dumped him. | 孤僻 也许曾经爱上过你 你甩了他 |
[34:05] | I mean, maybe when he first cut off the head | 我是说 当他上次砍掉别人头的时候 |
[34:07] | he brought it to you like a cat showing off a dead mouse. | 他也许是把它当成一个战利品交给你的 |
[34:09] | Oh, come on. | 哦 拜托 |
[34:11] | Ellenor, if he’s sick, he’s sick. | Ellenor 如果他是变态 他什么都干得出来 |
[34:13] | But why the knife in the drawer? | 但是为什么把刀放在抽屉里 |
[34:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[34:15] | To keep things alive, | 继续吸引关注 |
[34:16] | to keep a connection with Ellenor, maybe. | 继续保持跟Ellenor的联系 也许 |
[34:17] | That doesn’t seem like a… | 这个解释看起来并不… |
[34:18] | Obsessed people do crazy things, Bobby. | 变态的人会干出疯狂的事情 Bobby |
[34:20] | Look, | 我们得承认 |
[34:21] | let’s all admit we don’t know George Vogelman, | 我们都不了解George Vogelman |
[34:23] | but he’s exactly the profile. | 但是他符合这些特征 |
[34:25] | Nice guy delivering mail one day, | 规矩的男子今天还在送邮件 |
[34:26] | walks into McDonald’s the next. | 明天就走进麦当劳 |
[34:28] | That isn’t George. | George不是这样的人 |
[34:29] | Then who, Ellenor? This doesn’t make sense. | 那你说是谁 Ellenor 这一切都说不通 |
[34:31] | Look, we figured he was set up the first time. | 我们认为第一次他是被栽赃的 |
[34:33] | If someone could put a head in his medical bag | 如果有人能够把人头放进他的医疗包里面 |
[34:35] | maybe they’re doing the same thing again with the knife. | 也许这次他们又用刀子在故伎重演 |
[34:37] | If someone wanted to frame George with the knife, | 如果有人想用刀子栽赃给George |
[34:39] | it would have turned up before he was acquitted. | 那肯定会赶在他被判无罪之前 |
[34:41] | Why hold the knife back? | 为什么一直不把刀子拿出来 |
[34:42] | How stupid would that be? | 这样做不是太蠢了吗 |
[34:44] | Maybe they didn’t have the knife at first. | 也许那时候他们还没得到这把刀 |
[34:45] | Didn’t have it? | 没得到? |
[34:46] | If he was set up with the head in the bag | 如果那颗人头是被其他人故意放进去的 |
[34:48] | it would’ve had to have been by the killer | 那这个人一定是真正的杀人凶手 |
[34:50] | who would also have the knife. | 刀子一定就在他手上 |
[34:52] | This just doesn’t make sense. | 完全说不通啊 |
[35:01] | It’s the police. | 是警方干的 |
[35:07] | The knife turned up after the trial. | 刀子是在案件审判之后发现的 |
[35:10] | And because of double jeopardy | 因为双重危险原则 |
[35:11] | the only way to make use of it | 能让这把刀发挥作用的唯一办法 |
[35:13] | was to plant it here, | 就是放到这里来 |
[35:14] | and set up a perjury obstruction of justice charge. | 然后提起伪证和妨碍司法的指控 |
[35:17] | That’s a bit of a reach. | 这也太夸张了吧 |
[35:19] | This trial embarrassed them. | 这个案子让他们觉得很丢脸 |
[35:22] | And just like Eugene and Helen said, | 正如Eugene和Helen所说的 |
[35:23] | there is a mission to get George. | 他们铁了心要逮住George |
[35:30] | And I know how they did it. | 我知道他们是怎么做的了 |
[35:33] | I don’t, I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道 我不知道你在说什么 |
[35:37] | Yes you do, Leonard. | 你当然知道 Leonard |
[35:38] | See, what didn’t make sense, nobody buying heroin, | 没有人 特别是像你这样有经验的人 |
[35:43] | especially someone so experienced as you, | 在街上买海洛因的时候 |
[35:45] | is going to walk off with sugar. | 会把糖粉当成海洛因 |
[35:48] | The reason it was sugar was so | 之所以用糖粉而不是真的海洛因 |
[35:49] | the case against you | 是因为这样一来 |
[35:50] | would eventually get dropped, | 针对你的指控最后可以被撤销 |
[35:51] | which you seemed to see coming. | 你也明显知道指控会被撤销 |
[35:53] | Something that also confused me a little, | 这还一度让我觉得很困惑 |
[35:55] | when I, when I went to your cell | 当我..当我到你的监室去 |
[35:57] | and said you could go, | 告诉你说你可以走了 |
[35:58] | you weren’t surprised. | 你并不显得惊讶 |
[36:00] | The police sent you running in there | 是警方让你跑到我们的办公室 |
[36:02] | to drop that bag to allow them | 把那包东西扔在Ellenor的桌子上 |
[36:04] | to search Ellenor’s desk. | 这样他们就可以搜查 |
[36:05] | Where the knife was either planted then, | 刀子就是在这个时候放进去的 |
[36:08] | or sometime before. | 或者之前就已经放好了 |
[36:11] | Leonard, is that what happened? | Leonard 真的是这样吗 |
[36:14] | The police sent you running into my office? | 警方让你跑到我们的办公室里去? |
[36:19] | Leonard Leonard, | |
[36:20] | you’re not gonna get arrested or prosecuted on this | 你不会因为这件事被逮捕或被起诉 |
[36:23] | if you tell us the truth, I guarantee it. | 只要你跟我们说实话 我向你保证 |
[36:25] | Police misconduct, coercion, | 警方行为不当 诱供 |
[36:27] | trust me, they can’t touch you. | 相信我 他们不能把你怎么样 |
[36:30] | But if you don’t tell us the truth, | 但是如果你不跟我们说实话 |
[36:33] | if you go along with the police trying to frame Ellenor, | 如果你继续配合警方栽赃Ellenor |
[36:35] | a person who has been very good to you, | 她一直对你那么好 |
[36:37] | a person who has been saving your ass for the last ten years, | 过去这十年她一次又一次帮你脱罪 |
[36:39] | if you don’t come clean, and we find out, | 如果你不说实话 等我们自己查出来 |
[36:45] | I will hurt you. | 我不会放过你 |
[36:53] | They caught me with some stuff again. | 他们又抓到我贩毒 |
[36:55] | Said if I do this, they’d let me go. | 只要我按他们说的做 他们就会放了我 |
[37:03] | I’m sorry, Ellenor. | 对不起 Ellenor |
[37:10] | I’m afraid of prison. | 我怕进监狱 |
[37:19] | So far it appears to be limited to a select group of officers. | 目前看来 事件只牵涉到少数几位警官 |
[37:23] | We’ve arrested three uniforms | 我们已经逮捕了三位警员 |
[37:26] | and two lieutenants in forensics. | 和鉴证科的两位警官 |
[37:28] | Where was the knife found? | 刀子是在哪里找到的 |
[37:29] | It’s unconfirmed, | 目前仍未确证 |
[37:30] | but the weapon was evidently found in an abandoned car. | 但是看来是在一辆被丢弃的车里找到的 |
[37:33] | We don’t know by who at this point. | 我们暂时不清楚是谁丢弃的 |
[37:35] | After the Vogelman trial? | 是在Vogelman的案子之后吗 |
[37:36] | That’s my understanding. | 据我所知是这样 |
[37:37] | I would like to stress | 我想强调的是 |
[37:39] | this does not represent the Boston police department. | 这次的事件并不代表整个波士顿警局 |
[37:43] | These officers are a disgrace to the force. | 这几个警官败坏了警局的名声 |
[37:47] | Police Chief Sullivan will be | 警察局长Sullivan |
[37:49] | conducting a press conference shortly to address this further. | 稍后将召开新闻发布会做进一步的说明 |
[37:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:52] | Can you release the names… | 你能不能透露一下这些警察.. |
[37:57] | I still can’t believe it. | 我还是不敢相信 |
[37:59] | How could they be so brazen | 他们怎么这么大胆 |
[38:00] | to think they wouldn’t get caught? | 他们以为不会被发现吗 |
[38:01] | They almost didn’t. | 他们差点就成功了 |
[38:17] | So, this was all staged | 这么说 这一切都是计划好的 |
[38:19] | to get a warrantless arrest? | 就是为了无证搜查? |
[38:21] | Figured we had a weak link | 他们觉得我们跟Leonard的关系 |
[38:23] | in our chain with Leonard. | 是可以利用的薄弱环节 |
[38:25] | How many officers involved? | 牵涉到几个警察? |
[38:27] | Well, investigations just starting, | 调查才刚刚开始 |
[38:28] | but so far they think five. | 目前他们认为有五个 |
[38:30] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[38:32] | Yeah. Anyway, at least things ended well. | 是啊 不管怎样 这件事算是圆满解决了 |
[38:37] | Here’s to your case. | 祝贺你赢了案子 |
[38:38] | Yes. | 谢谢 |
[38:44] | Tell me, Jimmy. | 告诉我 Jimmy |
[38:47] | Do you typically toast victory with all your clients? | 你平时也经常跟当事人一起庆祝胜利吗 |
[38:53] | Or did all that sex talk | 还是那些与性有关的内容 |
[38:54] | make you curious? | 勾起了你的好奇心 |
[38:58] | I’m sorry. But you can be honest. | 抱歉 不过你可以诚实一点 |
[39:04] | Well | 这个 |
[39:05] | Just between you and me, | 咱俩私底下说说 |
[39:09] | which part of the testimony was your favourite? | 你最喜欢我证言当中的哪个部分 |
[39:19] | Do you remember? | 还记得吗 |
[39:25] | My mind’s a little blank at the moment | 当时我的脑子就像变成空白了一样 |
[39:29] | I’m sure it is. | 我想也是 |
[39:36] | George Vogelman was released shortly after, | 此后不久 George Vogelman就被释放了 |
[39:38] | hoping, I’m sure, he’s been arrested for the last time. | 我相信 他肯定希望这是他最后一次被逮捕 |
[39:41] | Asked for comment, he politely declined. | 对于采访的请求 他委婉地拒绝了 |
[39:44] | Poor guy. Course he could still be guilty. | 可怜的人 不过他仍然可能是有罪的 |
[39:48] | Don’t go there. | 别说这个了 |
[39:51] | Where’s Bobby tonight? | Bobby今晚在哪儿 |
[39:53] | We’re kind of fighting a little. | 我们闹了点别扭 |
[39:55] | Over his representing Judge Kittleson? | 因为他代理Kittleson法官? |
[39:58] | Lindsay, she’s a hundred and two years old. | Lindsay 她怕是有100多岁了吧 |
[40:00] | She’s fifty-six. | 她56岁 |
[40:02] | You think Bobby’s attracted to her? | 你觉得Bobby迷上她了吗 |
[40:06] | Oh well, here he is. | 好啊 说曹操 曹操到 |
[40:08] | Kissy kissy make up time. | 亲一个就没事了 |
[40:14] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[40:16] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[40:17] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[40:21] | -Hi. -Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[40:23] | Whoa, Some place. | 哇 真漂亮 |
[40:26] | Yeah, well. I make a lot of money. | 是啊 我挣得多嘛 |
[40:31] | Listen, I never got a chance to thank you for defending me. | 说真的 我一直没机会谢谢你为我辩护 |
[40:35] | I lost the motion. | 我输掉了那个动议 |
[40:37] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[40:41] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[40:44] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[40:45] | Nothing, nothing. It’s… | 没什么 没什么 只是… |
[40:50] | When I think about why I practice law, | 当我想起我为什么从事律师这一行 |
[40:53] | my mind always goes to the little guy, | 我总是想到那些小人物 |
[40:55] | you know, the Leonard, | 你知道 像Leonard那样的 |
[40:56] | the people that I fight for. | 我总是为他们而战 |
[40:57] | And after ten years, for him to just sell me out | 结果十年过去了 他却把我出卖了 |
[41:00] | Ellenor, he’s a drug addict. | Ellenor 他是个吸毒成瘾的人 |
[41:02] | No no no, let me finish. | 不 不 不 让我说完 |
[41:05] | I’ve been sitting home for the last two hours, | 我刚刚在家里坐了两个小时 |
[41:07] | feeling sorry for myself. | 觉得我自己真是可悲 |
[41:09] | Thinking that nobody’s loyal. | 觉得世界上没有人靠得住 |
[41:11] | There’s just no such thing as… | 根本就没有所谓的… |
[41:15] | And then my mind went to | 然后我想到 |
[41:19] | how all of you stood up for me, | 你们全都那样支持我 |
[41:22] | dropped everything. | 扔下所有的事情 |
[41:27] | I’m sorry for the way I’ve treated you lately. | 我最近对你不太友好 我很抱歉 |
[41:31] | I think this whole partnership thing | 我觉得合伙人这个身份 |
[41:33] | has blinded me to, | 蒙蔽了我的双眼 令我… |
[41:37] | I don’t know, to what it really means to have true partners. | 怎么说 看不清怎样才是真正的伙伴 |
[41:42] | I know I have them. | 我知道我有真正的伙伴 |
[41:45] | I especially know you’re one of them. | 我尤其知道你就是其中之一 |
[41:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[42:00] | Well, that’s all I came to say. | 我今天来就是想说这些 |
[42:05] | See you at work. | 明天见 |
[42:06] | Okay. | 好的 |