| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:01] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事儿 | 
| [00:03] | Uh, dancing lessons, | 呃 舞蹈课 | 
| [00:04] | He wants to learn and I figure | 他想学跳舞 于是我想 | 
| [00:06] | it’s a good way I can spend some time with him. | 这样我正好可以多点时间陪他 | 
| [00:08] | You said you’d teach him | 你说了你会教他 | 
| [00:09] | I know, but it’s just getting… | 我知道 但是事情有点… | 
| [00:11] | But what? He is loving it. | 但是什么 他很喜欢啊 | 
| [00:12] | He kind of got exicited. | 他有点兴奋了 | 
| [00:16] | He is barely 11. | 他只有11岁 | 
| [00:18] | Man, that Lucy is hot. | 嘿 那个Lucy太正点了 | 
| [00:19] | Kendall, she is a lot older than you. | Kendall 她可比你大多了 | 
| [00:22] | I think she likes me. | 我觉得她喜欢我 | 
| [00:24] | This lawfirm doesn’t advertise. | 我们事务所不做广告 | 
| [00:26] | Lots of lawyers do commercials. | 许多事务所都做广告 | 
| [00:27] | Yeah, the shysters. | 是 那些讼棍 | 
| [00:28] | Think nobody will fight for you? | 觉得没人为你而战 | 
| [00:30] | You’re just a grunt? | 你只是个草根 | 
| [00:31] | I’m a grunt. | 我也是草根 | 
| [00:32] | Just dial the number, | 请拨打这个号码 | 
| [00:34] | 555-GRNT 555-GRNT | |
| [00:36] | and ask for Jimmy, | 找Jimmy | 
| [00:37] | I’ll get your money. | 我会帮你赢到钱 | 
| [00:40] | Well, I think this advertisement makes the point, | 我觉得 这个广告已经足以说明问题 | 
| [00:42] | Jimmy the grunt, | 草根律师Jimmy | 
| [00:43] | is a lawyer who will push forward with anything | 是个什么都告的律师 | 
| [00:46] | and he continues to do so toaday like | 而且他今天也是这么做的 | 
| [00:48] | prosecuting a claim he knows he can’t make. | 打一场明知打不赢的官司 | 
| [00:50] | You don’t know what I can or can’t make. | 你不知道我到底有多大能耐 | 
| [00:57] | Jimmy, can I get you anything else? | Jimmy 要不要我帮你拿点喝的 | 
| [00:58] | Ginger ale’s supposed to be good. | 姜汁汽水应该效果很好 | 
| [01:03] | He’s puking. | 他正吐着呢 | 
| [01:04] | Jimmy? Jimmy? | |
| [01:06] | Out in a second. | 马上就出来 | 
| [01:08] | Bobby, he can’t go into trial sick. | Bobby 他这副病恹恹的样子不能上庭 | 
| [01:11] | That just means he’s ready. | 这正好说明他已经准备好了 | 
| [01:12] | It happens to him on the big cases. | 在大案子之前他总是这样 | 
| [01:14] | He puked before the powerlines case, | 那个高压线的案子 他开庭前吐过 | 
| [01:16] | he puked before going up against Tommy Silva. | 和Tommy Silva对阵之前 他也吐过 | 
| [01:18] | Those were his best trials. | 这些都是他发挥最好的案子 | 
| [01:20] | The gun case? | 枪械案? | 
| [01:22] | We should all be nauseous. | 我们都应该反胃 | 
| [01:22] | We’re going into a case we can’t win. | 我们在打一场打不赢的案子 | 
| [01:24] | Can too! | 这场能赢 | 
| [01:26] | So, what’s going on? | 怎么回事儿 | 
| [01:27] | Jimmy’s puking. How we doing on Robertson? | Jimmy在呕吐 Robertson的案子怎么样了 | 
| [01:29] | Pushed. They bought time for the pre-trial. | 很麻烦 他们为预审争取到了更多时间 | 
| [01:31] | My bag packed? | 我的东西收拾好了? | 
| [01:32] | All set. | 都搞定了 | 
| [01:33] | I think you should take one last shot at a continuance. | 我认为你应该最后尝试一下申请延期 | 
| [01:35] | We’ll never get a continuance. | 法官不会同意延期的 | 
| [01:36] | – This will never go – You might, Jimmy. | – 申请延期没有用.. – 不一定 Jimmy | 
| [01:37] | It’s worth a try. | 值得试一下 | 
| [01:37] | There’s talk that the manufacturers | 据说制造商在 | 
| [01:39] | aren’t coming clean discovery wise. | 证据开示方面有所隐瞒 | 
| [01:40] | They’re not gonna get a last second | 法院不会在最后一刻 | 
| [01:41] | continuance, Ellenor. | 同意他们延期的 Ellenor | 
| [01:43] | Look, the defence is in no hurry, | 要知道 被告并不着急 | 
| [01:44] | they might wanna delay it. | 他们可能也想延期 | 
| [01:46] | The defence is thrilled to go now. | 被告迫不及待地要上庭 | 
| [01:47] | We don’t have a case. | 我们的案子没得打 | 
| [01:48] | Will you stop saying that? | 你能不能闭嘴 | 
| [01:49] | Earth to Jimmy. Causation! | Jimmy 没有因果关系 | 
| [01:51] | This is the time to be trying this case. | 现在正是起诉这个案子的好时机 | 
| [01:53] | The gun industry is ripe to get smacked. | 是时候打击一下枪械行业了 | 
| [01:55] | Timing’s everything and I… | 时机就是一切 而且我… | 
| [02:07] | He’s really ready. | 他是真的准备好了 | 
| [02:59] | We haven’t even gone over my testimony. | 我们甚至还没过一遍我的证词 | 
| [03:01] | I don’t want to go over it. | 我不想事先过一遍 | 
| [03:03] | I don’t want it sounding rehearsed. | 我不想让你的证词听起来像是排练过的 | 
| [03:04] | You just tell your story. | 你只管据实陈述就行了 | 
| [03:06] | And then me? | 然后就是我作证? | 
| [03:07] | You, I’m holding back for now. | 你 我暂时不安排你作证 | 
| [03:10] | Let’s go. | 走吧 | 
| [03:14] | Donnell, Young, Dole and Frutt. | Donnell Young Dole和Frutt事务所 | 
| [03:15] | Yeah, one second. | 好的 稍等 | 
| [03:17] | It’s your ex-wife. Sounds pretty upset. | 是你前妻 听起来非常着急的样子 | 
| [03:27] | Sharon? Sharon? | |
| [03:29] | What? | 什么 | 
| [03:31] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿 | 
| [03:32] | Okay, I’ll meet you down there. | 好的 我马上过去跟你会合 | 
| [03:36] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 | 
| [03:49] | Dad! | 老爸 | 
| [03:55] | How did they get in your locker? | 那些东西怎么会在你的储物柜里 | 
| [03:56] | I don’t know, I swear to God. | 我不知道 我对天发誓 | 
| [03:58] | The principal says he got a phone tip from a parent. | 校长说有学生家长打电话举报 | 
| [04:01] | Something about you dealing. | 说你在贩毒 | 
| [04:02] | You know anything about that? | 你知道是怎么回事吗 | 
| [04:03] | I wasn’t dealing, that’s a lie! | 我没有贩毒 他们撒谎 | 
| [04:06] | Were they your drugs? | 那些毒品是你的吗 | 
| [04:07] | No. | 不是 | 
| [04:09] | C’mon, Dad. | 真的 老爸 | 
| [04:11] | Then why were they in your locker? | 那为什么它们在你的储物柜里呢 | 
| [04:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [04:13] | How many times you gonna make him answer that question? | 你还要问他多少遍 | 
| [04:14] | Do you see me talking to my son? | 没看到我在跟我儿子说话吗 | 
| [04:16] | I just wanna go home. | 我只想回家 | 
| [04:18] | Well, they’re getting the papers ready, | 他们正在准备文件 | 
| [04:19] | but you need to think. | 但是你要好好想想 | 
| [04:20] | It was your locker. | 那是你的储物柜 | 
| [04:22] | I don’t know, maybe I was set up. | 我不知道 可能我被陷害了 | 
| [04:24] | Set up? By whom? | 被陷害? 被谁? | 
| [04:26] | I don’t know, kids, police. | 我不知道 别的小孩 警察 | 
| [04:28] | Like they did Ellenor. | 就像他们陷害Ellenor一样 | 
| [04:31] | I swear to God those drugs weren’t mine. | 我对天发誓那些毒品不是我的 | 
| [04:39] | We were out having dinner, celebrating. | 我们正在餐馆吃饭 庆祝一下 | 
| [04:42] | Lisa had just been accepted to Emerson. | Lisa刚被爱默生学院录取 | 
| [04:46] | And then what happened? | 然后发生了什么事 | 
| [04:47] | All of a sudden there was screaming, | 突然听到有人尖叫 | 
| [04:50] | We looked around | 我们环顾四周 | 
| [04:51] | and there were three men standing there, | 看到三个男人站在那里 | 
| [04:53] | waving guns. | 挥舞着枪 | 
| [04:55] | It seemed like a hold up of some sort. | 看起来像是抢劫什么的 | 
| [04:58] | There was one guy just shooting, everywhere. | 其中一人拿枪到处乱射 | 
| [05:02] | And there was yelling, | 人们大喊大叫 | 
| [05:05] | and we went to the floor, | 然后我们趴到地上 | 
| [05:08] | and then they were gone. | 然后他们就走了 | 
| [05:10] | It all happened so fast. | 这一切都发生得如此之快 | 
| [05:11] | And as I climbed up, I looked to Lisa, | 当我从地上爬起来 我看到Lisa | 
| [05:15] | and she wasn’t moving, | 她已经不会动了 | 
| [05:19] | she was just lying there | 她就那么躺在那儿 | 
| [05:21] | and I knew she had been hit. | 我知道她被子弹射中了 | 
| [05:26] | And I went to try and shake her awake | 然后我跑过去 试着摇醒她 | 
| [05:31] | and she… | 但是她… | 
| [05:35] | she wouldn’t wake. | 她没有醒过来 | 
| [05:39] | She was dead. | 她已经死了 | 
| [05:47] | First, let me say how sorry I am for your loss, | 首先 让我对您的不幸表示遗憾 | 
| [05:49] | Mrs Kimbrow. | Kimbrow夫人 | 
| [05:51] | Yes. | 谢谢 | 
| [05:52] | Mrs Kimbrow, | Kimbrow夫人 | 
| [05:53] | you’re not alleging any design defect | 你并不指控Pearson Herron公司 | 
| [05:56] | in the guns Pearson Herron manufactures? | 生产的枪支存在任何设计缺陷吧 | 
| [05:59] | I think any time a gun is designed as an assault weapon | 我觉得 只要你把枪支设计成进攻性武器 | 
| [06:02] | there’s some kind of defect somewhere. | 那么就必定会有某种设计缺陷 | 
| [06:04] | Yes, but this isn’t about | 好吧 但是这个案子不是关于 | 
| [06:05] | a safety feature or product… | 安全问题或者产品… | 
| [06:07] | No. It’s about | 不 这是关于 | 
| [06:08] | you putting these things into the hands of killers. | 你们把这些东西交给了杀手 | 
| [06:10] | Move to strike | 要求不予记录 | 
| [06:11] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [06:11] | Just answer the questions he asks, ma’am. | 你只管回答他的问题就行 夫人 | 
| [06:15] | Do you know of any technology employed by… | 你知道这家公司采用的任何技术… | 
| [06:18] | Objection. This isn’t about technology | 反对 这个案子与技术无关 | 
| [06:21] | Can I ask my question? | 我能问完我的问题吗 | 
| [06:22] | You can ask questions that are relevant to the cause of action. | 你可以问与本案有关的问题 | 
| [06:25] | All right. The objection is sustained. | 好了 反对有效 | 
| [06:28] | The issue here concerns advertising and marketing, | 这个案子争议的关键在于市场宣传和营销 | 
| [06:31] | Mr Lawrence, and only that. | Lawrence先生 不涉及其他 | 
| [06:34] | Mrs Kimbrow, do you have any knowledge | Kimbrow女士 你是否确切地知道 | 
| [06:37] | that the person who shot and killed your daughter | 开枪杀死你女儿的那个凶手 | 
| [06:39] | read any advertising relating | 看到过与我的当事人 | 
| [06:40] | to my client’s guns? | 生产的枪支有关的广告 | 
| [06:42] | I have no specific knowledge, no. | 我不知道他是否看到过 | 
| [06:44] | In fact, you don’t even know | 事实上 你甚至不知道 | 
| [06:44] | how Mr Brown got this gun, do you? | Brown先生的枪是哪里来的 对吗 | 
| [06:47] | No, I do not. | 是的 我不知道 | 
| [06:50] | Thank you, Mrs Kimbrow. | 谢谢 Kimbrow夫人 | 
| [06:52] | That’s all. | 我问完了 | 
| [06:59] | I think it went good. You think? | 我觉得局势不错 你觉得呢 | 
| [07:02] | Yes, but that’s the easy part. | 是的 但是这是简单的部分 | 
| [07:03] | Now we’ve got to prove liability. | 接下来我们要证明责任 | 
| [07:05] | I also think we should take a quick shot at settling. | 我仍然觉得我们应该尝试跟对方和解 | 
| [07:07] | Client’s don’t want to settle. They said… | 当事人不愿和解 他们说… | 
| [07:08] | They’re saying that | 他们不愿意和解 | 
| [07:09] | because they think we have a chance at winning. | 是因为他们以为我们有机会赢 | 
| [07:11] | Which we do. | 我们确实有机会 | 
| [07:11] | Jimmy, we do not want to go to verdict on this. | Jimmy 让陪审团来裁决对我们非常不利 | 
| [07:14] | Hi! | 嗨 | 
| [07:16] | Hi. Ready? | 嗨 准备好了吗 | 
| [07:18] | All set. | 准备好了 | 
| [07:19] | Listen, we talked before | 我们之前说过 | 
| [07:20] | about your demeanour staying neutral? | 你在作证的时候要保持淡定 | 
| [07:22] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [07:22] | Forget it. We want you to come on strong. | 不管它 我们现在要你表现得强硬一点 | 
| [07:24] | Really? | 是吗? | 
| [07:25] | I think we should lead with outrage. | 我认为我们应该表达出愤怒 | 
| [07:27] | Emotions are strength here, we can’t back off it. | 情绪就是力量 我们不能弱化它 | 
| [07:29] | Can you come on strong? | 你可以表现出强硬吗 | 
| [07:30] | Are you kidding? | 这还用说吗 | 
| [07:31] | Don’t overdo it, just | 别太过分 只要… | 
| [07:32] | Strong. | 强硬 | 
| [07:34] | Go on in, we’ll meet you. | 进去吧 我们一会儿见 | 
| [07:36] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [07:40] | I don’t disagree with him coming on strong, Lindsay, | 我不反对让他表现得强硬一点 Lindsay | 
| [07:42] | but since I’m first chair, | 但是既然我是主办律师 | 
| [07:43] | let’s run it by me first. | 你应该先跟我商量一下 | 
| [07:46] | Well, he’s gonna take the stand in like 5 minutes, | 他再过五分钟的样子就要上庭作证了 | 
| [07:47] | there’s not much time to… | 没有那么多时间来… | 
| [07:48] | Well, make the time. | 那就挤点时间出来 | 
| [07:54] | Principal found drugs in his locker. | 校长在他的储物柜里发现了毒品 | 
| [07:55] | He was booked on possession with intent, | 他因持有并意图贩卖毒品被立案 | 
| [07:57] | says he doesn’t know how it ended up there. | 他说不知道毒品怎么会在他那里 | 
| [08:00] | Do you believe him? | 你相信他吗 | 
| [08:01] | I got to, don’t I? | 我只能相信他 不是吗 | 
| [08:02] | Okay, let me talk to the principal. | 这样 让我和校长谈谈 | 
| [08:04] | Maybe we can suppress the search. | 也许我们能以非法证据排除搜查 | 
| [08:06] | Look, he’s an eleven year old kid. | 他只是个11岁的孩子 | 
| [08:08] | What the hell is he… | 他怎么可能… | 
| [08:09] | This ain’t my kid, Bobby, | 我的孩子不是这样的 Bobby | 
| [08:10] | now I know he wouldn’t do this kind of… | 我知道 他不会做出这种… | 
| [08:14] | Maybe, | 也许 | 
| [08:15] | maybe we could steer this to Helen. | 也许我们能让Helen来接手这个案子 | 
| [08:18] | Eugene, I’m doing it. | Eugene 我来处理 | 
| [08:19] | Look. No, I can handle it. | 不 我自己能搞定 | 
| [08:20] | – He’s my problem – I said, I’m doing it. | – 他是我的儿子 – 我说了 我来处理 | 
| [08:22] | We’ll take Ellenor this too. | 我们还要再叫上Ellenor | 
| [08:25] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [08:29] | Look at me. | 看着我 | 
| [08:33] | If I have to go into the favour bank, I will. | 如果有必要找人说情帮忙 我会的 | 
| [08:37] | We’ll take care this. | 我们会搞定这个事情 | 
| [08:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [08:53] | How long have you worked | 你在”波士顿武器计划” | 
| [08:54] | for the Boston Firearms Project? | 工作多长时间了 | 
| [08:55] | Four and a half years. | 四年半 | 
| [08:57] | And before that? | 在此之前呢 | 
| [08:58] | I was a detective with the Boston Police Department. | 我是波士顿警察局的一名警察 | 
| [09:01] | You are familiar, sir, with the gun | 先生 对于杀死Lisa Kimbrow的那把枪 | 
| [09:02] | used in the shooting death of Lisa Kimbrow? | 你一定很熟悉吧 | 
| [09:05] | I am. | 是的 | 
| [09:06] | Could you describe it? | 你可以描述一下吗 | 
| [09:08] | It’s a semi-automatic assault weapon | 这是一把半自动攻击性武器 | 
| [09:11] | known as the TAC-10 | 被称为TAC-10 | 
| [09:12] | Pretty serious thing. | 很厉害的家伙 | 
| [09:13] | It’s a military weapon. | 这是军用装备 | 
| [09:15] | Did you say commercially available? | 你是说这个在市场上有出售吗 | 
| [09:17] | People can buy these? | 人们可以买到这个? | 
| [09:18] | Oh yes. | 当然是的 | 
| [09:19] | In your experience as a member of the Boston Firearm Project | 根据你在”波士顿武器计划”任职期间 | 
| [09:23] | and as a member of the Boston Police Force, | 以及在波士顿警局工作的经验 | 
| [09:25] | does it surprise you | 这种枪会卖给Ray Brown | 
| [09:26] | that this weapon would be sold to a man like Ray Brown, | 这种有重罪前科的人 | 
| [09:29] | a person with a felony record? | 你觉得意外吗 | 
| [09:31] | In my experience, | 根据我的经验 | 
| [09:32] | this man represents their market. | 这种人正是他们的目标客户 | 
| [09:34] | Objection. There’s no foundation for that, | 反对 这是没有事实依据的说法 | 
| [09:36] | and this witness knows it! | 这位证人自己也知道 | 
| [09:37] | You wanna tell me what I know, counsel? | 我知道什么需要你来告诉我吗 律师 | 
| [09:38] | All right. The objection is overruled. | 行了 反对无效 | 
| [09:42] | That’s a pretty strong statement, Mr Marshall. | 你对这个结论非常肯定 Marshall先生 | 
| [09:45] | This thing isn’t for self-defence, | 这种枪不是用来自卫的 | 
| [09:48] | it isn’t to shoot skeet, | 不是用来射飞碟的 | 
| [09:50] | it isn’t to hunt. | 也不是用来打猎的 | 
| [09:52] | It’s design is to spray fire, | 它被设计成可以连续喷射 | 
| [09:55] | which means that you sweep it from side to side. | 这意味着你可以从一边扫射到另一边 | 
| [09:58] | It goes against the way | 在大多数情况下 | 
| [10:00] | most people shoot in | 当人们在自卫的时候 | 
| [10:01] | a self defence situation. | 都不会采用这样的射击方式 | 
| [10:02] | This is an offensive weapon. | 这是一把进攻性武器 | 
| [10:05] | Ever heard of survivalists, Mr Marshall? | 你听说过”求生训练”吗 Marshall先生 | 
| [10:09] | Yes, but survivalists… | 知道 但是求生训练… | 
| [10:10] | Might a survivalist buy this type of gun? | 参加求生训练的人有可能买这种枪吗 | 
| [10:12] | He might, but survivalists usually… | 有可能 但是他们通常… | 
| [10:14] | Ever hear the term ‘plinking’, | 听说过”休闲射击”这项活动吗 | 
| [10:15] | Mr Marshall? | Marshall先生 | 
| [10:15] | Oh, please. You’re not gonna tell me this… | 哦 拜托 你不要告诉我… | 
| [10:16] | Ever heard of plinking, sir? | 你听说过休闲射击吗 先生 | 
| [10:18] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [10:20] | What is it? | 是什么意思 | 
| [10:21] | Shooting at cans and bottles. | 射击瓶瓶罐罐 | 
| [10:23] | It’s a recreational use for the TAC-10, isn’t it? | 这是TAC-10的一种休闲娱乐用途 对吧 | 
| [10:26] | The TAC-10 is designed to kill people, | TAC-10是设计成用来杀人的 | 
| [10:28] | -not to plink at water bottles! -Objection, move to strike. | -不是来射击水瓶的 -反对 要求不予记录 | 
| [10:30] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [10:31] | There are uses for this gun other than | 除了用来抢劫便利店之外 | 
| [10:33] | holding up a convenience store, | 这把枪还有其他的用途 | 
| [10:34] | aren’t there, Mr Marshall? | 是不是 Marshall先生 | 
| [10:35] | This gun is designed to kill | 这把枪是设计来杀人的 | 
| [10:36] | -and is sold to people who want to kill… -Objection, | -而且也卖给了想杀人… – 反对 | 
| [10:38] | -move to strike. Move to strike! -All right. | – 要求不予记录 要求不予记录 -够了 | 
| [10:40] | Is it your testimony before this court | 你是不是在本法庭上宣称 | 
| [10:44] | that only criminals buy this weapon? | 只有犯罪分子才买这种枪 | 
| [10:45] | Is that your testimony? | 这是你的结论吗 | 
| [10:46] | No. | 不是 | 
| [10:47] | Thank you, | 谢谢 | 
| [10:49] | and you think a law-abiding citizen | 你认为应当允许遵纪守法的公民 | 
| [10:51] | should be allowed to purchase this weapon? | 购买这种武器吗 | 
| [10:54] | No, I don’t. | 不 我认为不应该 | 
| [10:55] | Thank you sir, | 谢谢 先生 | 
| [10:58] | I think we all know exactly where you stand. | 我想 我们都知道你的立场是怎样的 | 
| [11:11] | They were in here. | 就是在这里找到的 | 
| [11:14] | Seven bags of marijuana. | 七包大麻 | 
| [11:16] | Frankly, it surprised me, Mr Young, | 老实说 这让我很震惊 Young先生 | 
| [11:18] | Kendall isn’t one of our problem students. | Kendall不是我们的问题学生 | 
| [11:21] | The incident report says that | 事件处理报告说 | 
| [11:22] | you received a phone tip from a parent, | 有学生家长打电话向你举报 | 
| [11:24] | but it doesn’t say who the parent was. | 但是报告上没说那位家长是谁 | 
| [11:26] | District policy is to keep that kind of information confidential. | 地方政策要求对这类信息予以保密 | 
| [11:30] | What kind of Gastapo policy is that? | 这是哪门子告密政策 | 
| [11:33] | I start naming names, | 如果我透露举报人的名字 | 
| [11:35] | and it discourages people from coming forward. | 以后别人就不敢再举报了 | 
| [11:37] | I’ve confiscated two guns this year. | 今年我已经没收了两把枪 | 
| [11:40] | Nobody wants to be target. | 没人想要变成靶子 | 
| [11:42] | I understand your concern, | 我理解你的担心 | 
| [11:44] | but my son says he was set up, | 但是我儿子说他是被陷害的 | 
| [11:46] | and you relied on a phone tip. | 你的证据只是一个电话举报 | 
| [11:47] | Now how do you know the person | 你如何知道电话那头的人 | 
| [11:49] | on the other line was a parent? | 真的是学生家长 | 
| [11:50] | I recognised the name. | 我记得他的名字 | 
| [11:52] | And I recognise a parent when I hear one. | 而且我听得出来他是不是学生家长 | 
| [11:53] | We have to know who the accuser is, otherwise… | 我们必须知道举报的人是谁 否则… | 
| [11:55] | I’m sorry | 抱歉 | 
| [11:56] | Miss Richwood, you know | Richwood小姐 你知道 | 
| [11:58] | we can subpoena this information. | 我们可以申请法庭调取这些信息 | 
| [12:01] | Let’s just save some time. | 所以大家还是不要浪费时间吧 | 
| [12:07] | They’re in the business | 他们所从事的生意 | 
| [12:09] | of supplying criminals. | 就是向犯罪分子提供武器 | 
| [12:09] | The defendant? | 被告? | 
| [12:11] | The defendant, | 被告 | 
| [12:11] | as well as many other major gun manufacturers. | 以及其他很多大型的枪支制造商 | 
| [12:14] | Mr Headburg, | Headburg先生 | 
| [12:15] | a person can’t just walk into | 人们并不是随随便便 | 
| [12:16] | a store and buy a gun. | 走进商店就能买一把枪 | 
| [12:17] | There are background checks, | 需要做背景调查 | 
| [12:19] | waiting periods… | 有等待期… | 
| [12:19] | Yes, that all sounds good, | 是的 理论上是这样 | 
| [12:21] | but our studies have found | 但是我们的研究发现 | 
| [12:23] | that store buyers go under these dealerships, | 商店都是以经销商的身份 | 
| [12:25] | buy the guns and immediately put them into a black market. | 买了枪之后立即投放到黑市上 | 
| [12:28] | That’s where the gangs get a hold of them, | 然后帮派分子可以从黑市上得到这些枪 | 
| [12:30] | as well as other people who can’t | 还有其他那些不能以自己名义 | 
| [12:31] | legally buy them on their own. | 合法购买枪支的人 | 
| [12:32] | But wouldn’t that be the dealer’s fault? | 可是 难道这不是经销商的问题吗 | 
| [12:34] | How do you blame the manufacturers? | 你怎么能把责任算到制造商头上呢 | 
| [12:36] | I blame them | 把责任算到他们头上 | 
| [12:37] | because they turn a blind eye to it, | 因为他们故意视而不见 | 
| [12:39] | they know where these guns are headed. | 他们知道这些枪最终会流向哪里 | 
| [12:40] | That, to me, makes them complicit. | 因此 我认为他们是同谋 | 
| [12:43] | You have no direct evidence | 你没有直接证据来证明 | 
| [12:45] | that my client’s company knows what the dealerships do? | 我当事人的公司知晓经销商的做法 | 
| [12:48] | How could they not know? | 他们怎么可能不知道 | 
| [12:49] | These guns are used… | 这些枪被用来… | 
| [12:50] | It’s a guess on your part, | 这只是你个人的猜测 | 
| [12:51] | right, Mr Headburg? | 对吗 Headburg先生 | 
| [12:52] | You have no specific information | 你并不确切了解 | 
| [12:53] | as to what my client knows. | 我的当事人是否知道那些情况 | 
| [12:54] | This is your opinion. | 这只是你的主观判断 | 
| [12:56] | The fact is | 我了解的事实是 | 
| [12:57] | that one buyer with a clean record | 一个记录良好的买家 | 
| [12:59] | can walk into a store | 可以走进某家商店 | 
| [13:00] | and buy a hundred assault weapons. | 买一百把攻击性武器 | 
| [13:02] | My opinion | 我的判断是 | 
| [13:03] | is that he doesn’t want all these guns for himself. | 这些枪他肯定不是全部拿来自用的 | 
| [13:06] | My guess is that the dealers and | 我认为经销商和制造商 | 
| [13:08] | the manufacturers take the money and wink. | 对此都有默契 彼此心照不宣 | 
| [13:10] | You work for an anti-gun research foundation, | 你为一家反枪支研究基金会工作 | 
| [13:13] | don’t you, sir? | 是吧 先生 | 
| [13:14] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [13:14] | And you have no actual knowledge | 你对我的当事人的营销策略 | 
| [13:16] | as to my client’s marketing strategies, | 并没有确切的了解 | 
| [13:17] | do you, sir? | 对吧 先生 | 
| [13:18] | No actual knowledge. | 没有确切的了解 | 
| [13:20] | They do an excellent job of keeping that secret. | 他们的保密工作做得非常出色 | 
| [13:21] | Lucky we have you to just fill in the blanks. | 很幸运我们有你来填补这个空白 | 
| [13:24] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [13:25] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [13:25] | These opinions you have, | 你所持的这些观点 | 
| [13:27] | do you try to pass them off | 你有没有试图将其作为资料 | 
| [13:29] | as data in your studies? | 在你的研究中引用 | 
| [13:31] | All of our conclusions are suggested | 我们所有的研究结论 | 
| [13:33] | quite persuasively by the data, Mr Lawrence. | 都有坚实的资料作为支持 Lawrence先生 | 
| [13:35] | And as you work for an anti-gun project, | 既然你为反枪械组织工作 | 
| [13:38] | is it just possible that | 那么你在做研究的时候 | 
| [13:39] | the conclusions came before the data? | 有没有可能是结论先行呢 | 
| [13:41] | No. | 不会 | 
| [13:42] | No. | 不会 | 
| [13:43] | Now there’s a truthful response. | 你的回答可真够诚实的 | 
| [13:46] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [13:47] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [13:48] | He hung tough. | 他表现得很强势 | 
| [13:49] | I think he did damage. | 我认为他给对方造成了麻烦 | 
| [13:51] | I think so, too. | 我也这么认为 | 
| [13:52] | A case like this represents | 这样一个案子反映了 | 
| [13:53] | the perversity of a legal system gone amock. | 扭曲的司法体系的荒谬可笑 | 
| [13:56] | Here we have a cause, | 我们被人告上法庭 | 
| [13:57] | coupled with an attorney of questionable | 与Berluti先生这样 | 
| [13:59] | character such as Mr Berluti… | 人品可疑的律师… | 
| [14:00] | What the… | 什么… | 
| [14:01] | Who conspires to go out | 他整天琢磨在马萨诸塞州 | 
| [14:02] | and seek out a victim. | 自由主义的司法辖区内 | 
| [14:04] | Any victim he can saddle up and ride | 到处去搜罗受害人 | 
| [14:06] | in this liberal jurisdiction of Massachusetts. | 那些他可以随意摆布的受害人 | 
| [14:08] | You’re a jackass, you know that? | 你是个傻逼 你知道不 | 
| [14:10] | Hey, Go shoot somebody and smile! | 嘿 去崩个人然后开怀大笑吧 | 
| [14:11] | Jimmy Jimmy | |
| [14:11] | We have just heard from the ambulance chasing, | 我们刚刚听到了那种 | 
| [14:13] | sacker of the… | 追赶救护车的讼棍… | 
| [14:14] | Ambulances filled with gunshot victims! | 救护车上装的都是枪击案的受害人 | 
| [14:16] | Jimmy… Jimmy, put… | |
| [14:17] | This is an attorney who advertised on television | 这是一个在电视上做广告的律师 | 
| [14:18] | calling himself as ‘Jimmy the Grunt’. | 把自己叫做”草根律师Jimmy” | 
| [14:20] | This is a man who capitalises on people’s personal pain on a… | 这个人利用别人的痛苦来… | 
| [14:23] | on a contingency | 来赚取律师费 | 
| [14:28] | Mrs Baker? | Baker太太 | 
| [14:29] | I’m Eugene Young, | 我是Eugene Young | 
| [14:31] | this is Bobby Donnell. | 这是Bobby Donnell | 
| [14:32] | I’m Kendall Young’s father. | 我是Kendal Young的父亲 | 
| [14:34] | We’re both attorneys at law. | 我们都是律师 | 
| [14:37] | What do you want? | 你要干嘛 | 
| [14:38] | We just have a couple of questions. | 我们有几个问题 | 
| [14:40] | It’ll only take a minute. | 只耽误你几分钟 | 
| [14:44] | Come in. | 进来吧 | 
| [14:48] | Michael, take Kevin and go to your room please. | Michael 带上Kevin去你房间玩儿 | 
| [14:51] | Now. | 快点 | 
| [15:01] | I know what this is about. | 我知道你们今天来的目的 | 
| [15:03] | So you made the call? | 这么说 确实是你打的电话? | 
| [15:04] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [15:06] | My son says he was set up. | 我儿子说他是被陷害的 | 
| [15:08] | Is that what you told him to say? | 是你教他这么说的吗 | 
| [15:10] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 | 
| [15:11] | I’m sorry, Mrs Baker, | 抱歉 Baker太太 | 
| [15:12] | but somehow we’ve gotten off on the wrong foot. | 这件事对我们造成了很大的麻烦 | 
| [15:14] | All we’re trying to ascertain here | 我们现在唯一想了解的是 | 
| [15:16] | is why you made the call. | 你为什么要打电话 | 
| [15:19] | Kendall’s dealing drugs. | 我知道Kendall在贩毒 | 
| [15:20] | He tried to get Michael to do the same. | 他想把Michael也拉进来 | 
| [15:22] | I don’t believe that. | 我不相信 | 
| [15:23] | Believe it. | 你非信不可 | 
| [15:25] | Do you know my son? | 你了解我儿子吗 | 
| [15:27] | If you knew my son, | 如果你了解我儿子 | 
| [15:28] | you’d know that that’s just not possible. | 你会知道那是不可能的 | 
| [15:33] | Do you like my clock? | 你喜欢我的闹钟吗 | 
| [15:36] | It has a tiny camera in it. | 里边有个小摄像机 | 
| [15:37] | A nanny-cam. | 保姆监视器 | 
| [15:39] | I figure with what you hear on the news, | 我想 看看新闻上报道的那些事情 | 
| [15:41] | you can’t be too careful. | 你再怎么小心都不为过 | 
| [15:42] | Two nights ago, | 两天前的晚上 | 
| [15:43] | I come home and I find this on the machine. | 我回家后在机器上发现了这个 | 
| [15:49] | We can make some money. | 我们可以挣点钱花 | 
| [15:51] | When are you gonna get it? | 你什么时候能拿到 | 
| [15:52] | I meet him at 4:30, | 我四点半跟他碰面 | 
| [15:53] | he’s gonna give me eight bags. | 他要给我八包 | 
| [15:54] | You heard Brian Armstrong got committed in DYS. | 你听说Brian Armstrong被判了吧 | 
| [15:57] | He’s 14. We’re 11. Juvy. | 他14岁 我们11岁 少年 | 
| [16:00] | Big difference, | 区别大了 | 
| [16:02] | especially if we deal more than | 再说 只要我们离学校 | 
| [16:03] | a dozen feet away from the school. | 稍微远一点就不会有事 | 
| [16:04] | The park’s better, | 公园更好 | 
| [16:06] | we don’t need to be a hundred feet away. | 我们不用离开100英尺以外 | 
| [16:07] | But what if we get busted? | 如果我们被捕怎么办 | 
| [16:09] | My dad says that if you get caught, | 我爸说如果你被抓了 | 
| [16:11] | never admit to anything. | 不要承认任何事 | 
| [16:12] | Even to your lawyer | 即使对你的律师 | 
| [16:13] | because they’ll be stuck with whatever you tell em. | 因为他们会被你说的绊住 | 
| [16:25] | One thirty-five? | 十三万五千? | 
| [16:27] | No admission of liability. | 不承认责任 | 
| [16:29] | I think we can push them to one fifty. | 我觉得我们可以要到十五万 | 
| [16:31] | But they don’t even admit to blame. | 但是他们甚至不承认他们有责任 | 
| [16:33] | No. | 是的 | 
| [16:35] | But the fact that they’re paying money, | 但是他们赔钱这个事实本身 | 
| [16:36] | people can infer blame. | 人们会认为他们有责任 | 
| [16:37] | We think we should accept. | 我们觉得我们应该接受 | 
| [16:40] | The kid who shot your daughter, | 那个射杀你女儿的孩子 | 
| [16:42] | we’ve got no evidence as to how he got the gun, | 我们没有证据来证明他的枪是怎么来的 | 
| [16:45] | whether there was any connection | 不能证明跟他们采取的 | 
| [16:47] | to how it was marketed. | 营销策略之间有任何关系 | 
| [16:48] | I’m sorry. Mr Berluti, | 抱歉 Berluti先生 | 
| [16:51] | when you agreed to represent us, | 当你同意代理我们的案子的时候 | 
| [16:53] | you stressed that this was about money. | 你强调这个案子的目的就是要钱 | 
| [16:55] | And I know that your contingency is hanging on… | 我也明白你的律师费取决于… | 
| [17:00] | What we really want is a verdict. | 我们想要的是陪审团判决 | 
| [17:09] | I don’t think you’ll get it. | 我觉得陪审团不会判你赢 | 
| [17:12] | I know this seems very selfish of us, | 我知道这让我们显得很自私 | 
| [17:14] | but we can’t settle out on Lisa’s death. | 但是我们不能拿Lisa的死来和解 | 
| [17:18] | I mean… | 我的意思是… | 
| [17:19] | What we want to try to do | 我们想要达到的目的是 | 
| [17:24] | is affect the way they do their business. | 改变他们这个行业的生意模式 | 
| [17:28] | A hundred and fifty isn’t even a pinch to them. | 十五万对他们来说太微不足道了 | 
| [17:33] | We’re not going to affect the way these people do business, | 我们没法改变他们的生意模式 | 
| [17:36] | Mrs Kimbrow. | Kimbrow太太 | 
| [17:38] | We don’t have any money now, | 我们现在没有钱 | 
| [17:40] | but I am willing to pay you by the hour | 但是我愿意按小时向你付费 | 
| [17:42] | so that you don’t lose out. | 这样你就不会白干 | 
| [17:44] | That’s not an issue. | 不是钱的问题 | 
| [17:47] | If you wanna keep going, then we’ll keep going. | 如果你想继续 那我们就继续 | 
| [17:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [18:04] | They can search it without a warrant? | 他们可以没有搜查令就搜查吗 | 
| [18:06] | Don’t worry about they. | 别管他们的事 | 
| [18:07] | They are the least of your concerns right now. | 他们的事不用你来操心 | 
| [18:09] | Worry about me. | 你给我说清楚 | 
| [18:10] | Now why’re you selling drugs? | 告诉我你为什么要贩毒 | 
| [18:13] | Answer me! | 说话 | 
| [18:14] | Eugene Eugene. | |
| [18:15] | He’s dealing. | 他真的贩毒 | 
| [18:15] | I can’t believe you’d be so stupid… | 我都不敢相信你怎么这么傻… | 
| [18:16] | If you would stop yelling at him… | 如果你可以不对他大喊大叫… | 
| [18:17] | And you stop protecting him. | 你别护着他了 | 
| [18:19] | I’m not protecting him. | 我不是护着他 | 
| [18:20] | I want to hear what the boy has to say. | 我只想听听孩子怎么说 | 
| [18:27] | I’m sorry, but… | 我很抱歉 但是… | 
| [18:28] | But what? | 但是什么 | 
| [18:31] | It’s just marijuana. | 就是大麻而已 | 
| [18:32] | It’s like selling beer. | 和卖啤酒是一回事儿 | 
| [18:33] | Oh, that’s a good response. | 嗯 你答得挺溜啊 | 
| [18:35] | Aren’t you glad you heard that? | 听到这个你不高兴吗 | 
| [18:43] | Kendall, do you smoke pot, and drink beer? | Kendall 你吸过大麻? 还喝啤酒? | 
| [18:47] | No. | 没有 | 
| [18:48] | I just thought I could make some money. | 我就是觉得我能挣点钱 | 
| [18:50] | I don’t do that stuff, I swear. | 我自己没有吸过 我发誓 | 
| [18:52] | Like you swore those drugs weren’t yours. | 就像你发誓说那些毒品不是你的 | 
| [18:54] | Technically, they weren’t mine. | 理论上 确实不是我的 | 
| [18:56] | I got ’em on consignment. | 我只是帮别人”代售”而已 | 
| [18:57] | What!? How do you know a word like that? | 什么 你从哪儿听来的这个词 | 
| [18:59] | And who gave ’em to you? | 是谁给你代售的 | 
| [19:02] | Boy, | 孩子 | 
| [19:05] | who gave you the drugs? | 毒品是谁给你的 | 
| [19:09] | He goes by Robby G. | 他说自己叫Robby G | 
| [19:10] | I don’t know his full name. | 我不知道他的全名 | 
| [19:13] | Robby G. Robby G. | |
| [19:15] | You know him? | 你认识这个人? | 
| [19:17] | I don’t know, maybe. | 我不知道 可能认识吧 | 
| [19:18] | Either you do, or you don’t. | 你要么认识 要么不认识 | 
| [19:20] | He might work for a client of mine, | 他可能是我的一个当事人的手下 | 
| [19:21] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 | 
| [19:23] | That’s nice. Father and son. | 不错啊 父与子 | 
| [19:26] | Both work for the same guy. | 都为同一个毒贩工作 | 
| [19:32] | I always make this mistake. | 我总是干这种傻事 | 
| [19:34] | I buy a new pair of shoes for trial, | 我为了上庭买一双新鞋子 | 
| [19:36] | they’re not broken in, and I get a blister. | 结果新鞋总不合脚 都长水泡了 | 
| [19:39] | Try mine. | 试试我的 | 
| [19:43] | You’re still chasing the ghost | “草根律师Jimmy”这件事 | 
| [19:45] | of Jimmy the Grunt, aren’t you? | 在你心里还有阴影 是吧 | 
| [19:46] | You tried to stop me from making that commercial, | 你当时试图阻止我做广告 | 
| [19:48] | I remember. | 我记得 | 
| [19:50] | serves me right | 你说的很对 | 
| [19:51] | Jimmy, you’ve come a long way | Jimmy 你早就已经不是 | 
| [19:52] | from Jimmy the Grunt. | 那个”草根律师Jimmy”了 | 
| [19:53] | Look, we even have an offer here, | 你看 对方都愿意和解了 | 
| [19:55] | which is a miracle! | 这简直就是奇迹 | 
| [19:57] | How come with the tobacco company, | 为什么在烟草公司的案子上 | 
| [19:59] | you were like Don Quixote, | 你像堂吉诃德一样勇敢无畏 | 
| [20:01] | but here…? | 怎么在这个案子上… | 
| [20:03] | We had a much better case against the tobacco company. | 烟草公司那个案子好打得多 | 
| [20:07] | And you know how people love guns. | 你知道人们多么热爱枪 | 
| [20:09] | But don’t you agree that | 难道你不觉得 | 
| [20:10] | these companies are supplying criminals? | 这些公司为犯罪分子提供了武器吗 | 
| [20:12] | Yes. | 我同意 | 
| [20:14] | But… | 但是… | 
| [20:16] | But what? | 但是什么 | 
| [20:34] | Working late here, with the crazy loons we represent. | 我们工作到很晚 给那些疯子辩护 | 
| [20:39] | I don’t want gang members | 我不想让那些帮派分子 | 
| [20:40] | getting a hold of guns like these, I don’t. | 能轻易得到这些枪支 我不想 | 
| [20:47] | But I’m glad I got mine. | 但是我很欣慰自己有把枪 | 
| [21:03] | Ready? | 准备好了? | 
| [21:04] | I think. | 准备好了 | 
| [21:07] | The key is not to try to pin him. | 重点不是要钉死他 | 
| [21:09] | He testifies in all their trials, | 他在他们所有的案子中作证 | 
| [21:10] | he’s like a professional witness now. | 他现在就像个职业的证人 | 
| [21:12] | But I got to go hard, don’t I? | 但是我必须要强势 不是吗 | 
| [21:14] | For him, I’d keep it under control. | 就他而言 我觉得应该适可而止 | 
| [21:16] | Plus, don’t press for answers. | 另外 不要逼他回答 | 
| [21:18] | Do your damage with the questions and then cut him off. | 用你的问题来对他提出质疑 然后打断他 | 
| [21:20] | You have to cut off the reponses, he’s persuasive. | 你必须要打断他的回答 他很有说服力 | 
| [21:23] | Stick to yes and no as much as you can. | 尽量多问”是”或”不是”的问题 | 
| [21:26] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [21:27] | Oh, you have some ink on your face. | 噢 你脸上有些墨水 | 
| [21:32] | It seems they can search the locker. | 看来他们可以搜索储物柜 | 
| [21:34] | Without a warrant? | 不需要搜查令? | 
| [21:35] | Comes down to reasonable suspicion. | 取决于”合理怀疑” | 
| [21:37] | Which they didn’t necessarily have. | 他们未必有”合理怀疑” | 
| [21:39] | The informant has to be reliable. | 提供线索的人必须足够可靠 | 
| [21:40] | The tip didn’t come from a snitch, Rebecca. | 举报的线索不是来自告密者 Rebecca | 
| [21:42] | It came from some kid’s parent. | 是来自某个孩子的家长 | 
| [21:44] | But there’s no evidence the principal knew the parent, | 但是没有证据显示校长认识这个家长 | 
| [21:46] | which means she has no basis to determine his reliability. | 这意味着她没有理由来判断他的可靠性 | 
| [21:49] | Also, on the tape, | 另外 在录像带上 | 
| [21:51] | Kendall said that it was bad to have drugs near the schools, | Kendall说在学校附近卖毒品不好 | 
| [21:53] | that would go against suspicion of the locker. | 这一点可以用来抗辩对储物柜的怀疑 | 
| [21:55] | The tape isn’t relevant to probable cause. | 录像带和正当诉由无关 | 
| [21:57] | The principal didn’t even know about the tape | 校长决定进行搜查的时候 | 
| [21:59] | when she okayed the search. | 她根本都不知道这盘录像带的存在 | 
| [22:01] | She was just acting on what the parent said. | 她只是根据家长提供的信息决定搜查 | 
| [22:03] | And she didn’t know the parent. | 但是她并不认识这个家长 | 
| [22:04] | Which means they wobble on reliability. | 这意味着他们在可靠性的问题上比较勉强 | 
| [22:06] | I think Rebecca’s right. | 我认为Rebecca说得对 | 
| [22:07] | We could shut this down. | 我们或许可以把它排除掉 | 
| [22:09] | All right. The DA is Steve Bennett. | 这样 检察官是Steve Bennett | 
| [22:10] | Helen agreed to talk to him, | Helen同意找他谈谈 | 
| [22:12] | I’m on my way to see her. | 我马上去找她 | 
| [22:14] | I’m coming with you. | 我和你一起去 | 
| [22:16] | No, you’re not. | 不 你别去 | 
| [22:17] | I’ll have a better chance without you there. | 你不去的话 我更好处理一点 | 
| [22:23] | The idea that we market to criminals is an absolute lie. | 说我们以罪犯为目标营销客户纯粹是胡扯 | 
| [22:27] | Your ads do show young men with guns. | 你的广告确实展示了持枪的年轻人 | 
| [22:29] | As do ads for trucks. | 卡车也是一样啊 | 
| [22:31] | We shoot for a rugged demographic. | 我们针对的是好强粗犷的目标客户 | 
| [22:33] | To say that means criminal | 如果说好强粗犷就意味着是罪犯 | 
| [22:35] | is irresponsible, if not repugnant. | 即便不是令人反感 也是不负责任的 | 
| [22:38] | Okay, but Mr Hyde, | 好吧 但是 Hyde先生 | 
| [22:39] | you don’t deny sometimes your company’s products | 你并不否认有时候你们公司的产品 | 
| [22:42] | fall into the hands of people who use them for criminal purposes. | 会被人用作犯罪用途 | 
| [22:45] | Look, we comply with every federal | 我们遵守了所有的联邦 | 
| [22:48] | and state safety regulation, | 和本州的安全监管条例 | 
| [22:50] | every distribution regulation. | 所有的销售规范 | 
| [22:52] | What more can we do? | 我们还能做什么呢 | 
| [22:54] | This is the equivalent of holding Ford Motor Company liable | 这就类似于有人买了福特的野马车 撞了人 | 
| [22:57] | because somebody buys one of their Broncos and runs over people. | 就要福特公司承担赔偿责任 | 
| [23:00] | I guess their argument would be it’s more foreseeable | 我猜他们的反驳理由会是 | 
| [23:04] | that a gun would end up | 枪支比野马车更有可能落在坏人手上 | 
| [23:05] | in the wrong hands than a Bronco. | 对此应当可以预见 | 
| [23:07] | And I don’t dispute that. | 对此我没有异议 | 
| [23:08] | But nor can we control the chain of custody | 但是当我们卖出产品之后 | 
| [23:11] | of our product after we sell it. | 我们也不能控制它的归属 | 
| [23:13] | A lot of these guns used in crimes are stolen. | 许多用于犯罪的枪是偷来的 | 
| [23:16] | You’re familiar with | 最近有研究显示 | 
| [23:18] | recent studies showing that | 犯罪中用的枪差不多有一半 | 
| [23:19] | almost half the hand guns used in crimes | 是从有牌照的经销商手中合法购买的 | 
| [23:22] | are legally bought from licensed dealers. | 你对此应该有所耳闻吧 | 
| [23:24] | Oh, I’m aware of the studies. | 哦 我知道有这样的研究 | 
| [23:26] | I don’t agree with the data. | 我不同意他们的数据 | 
| [23:28] | But you’re aware that these studies | 但是你知道这些研究显示 | 
| [23:29] | show these guns are bought by straw-purchasers, | 这些枪是通过名义上的购买人 | 
| [23:32] | for people who can’t legally buy them. | 为那些不能合法买枪的人购买的 | 
| [23:34] | Objection, | 反对 | 
| [23:35] | he’s trying to introduce studies and research as evidence. | 他想把调查和研究结果作为证据 | 
| [23:38] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [23:39] | The jury will disregard it. | 陪审团请忽略这一点 | 
| [23:41] | Mr Berluti, that’s enough. | Berluti先生 够了 | 
| [23:51] | This your ad for the TAC-10? | 这是你们为TAC-10做的广告吗 | 
| [23:53] | Yes. One of the elements… | 是的 其中的一个元素是… | 
| [23:56] | There’s no question before you, sir. | 我没有问你问题 先生 | 
| [23:57] | Is it your testimony that you do not try to advertise to people | 你是否坚持认为 你们并没有向那些 | 
| [24:01] | who might use your guns | 有可能用你们的枪支 | 
| [24:02] | for criminal purposes? | 进行犯罪的人做广告宣传 | 
| [24:03] | That is my testimony. | 是的 | 
| [24:05] | Referring to an advertisement | 在这个月的Soldier Fortune杂志上 | 
| [24:07] | running in this month’s Soldier Fortune magazine, | 刊登了你们的一则广告 | 
| [24:09] | talking about the TAC-10. | 是关于TAC-10的 | 
| [24:11] | Does it represent the weapon | 广告中是否宣称这种武器 | 
| [24:13] | to have excellent resistance to fingerprints? | 很不容易留下指纹 | 
| [24:15] | There’s a context… | 这是有语境的… | 
| [24:16] | It’s a yes or no question, sir. | 你只要回答”是”或”不是” 先生 | 
| [24:18] | Does the advertisement represent the weapon | 这则广告是否宣传这种武器 | 
| [24:20] | to have excellent resistance to fingerprints? | 很不容易留下指纹 | 
| [24:23] | Yes, but there is… | 是的 但是… | 
| [24:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [24:25] | You testified that | 你之前作证说 | 
| [24:25] | you follow all state and federal regulations | 你们遵守所有联邦和本州的 | 
| [24:28] | with respect to distribution, did you not? | 有关武器销售的法规 对吗 | 
| [24:30] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [24:30] | Again, this is a yes or no question. | 同样的 你只要回答我”是”或者”不是” | 
| [24:33] | Does your company ever sell | 你们公司是否通过 | 
| [24:35] | gun kits through the mail? | 邮购的方式销售枪支配件 | 
| [24:36] | Yes, but… | 是的 但是… | 
| [24:37] | You’ve answered the question. | 你已经回答了我的问题 | 
| [24:39] | Sir, my understanding of gun kit, | 先生 据我所知 所谓的枪支配件 | 
| [24:42] | it’s not considered legally a gun | 法律上并不将其视为枪支 | 
| [24:44] | since it doesn’t include a receiver. | 因为没有包含机匣 | 
| [24:47] | Would my understanding be correct? | 我的理解对吗? | 
| [24:49] | Yes. | 对的 | 
| [24:50] | And since it’s not legally a gun, | 既然法律上并不认为是一把枪 | 
| [24:51] | no background checks are necessary. | 那就不需要做背景调查 | 
| [24:53] | A convicted felony could order | 一个有前科的重罪犯也可以 | 
| [24:55] | these kits through the mail. | 通过邮购买到这些枪支配件 | 
| [24:56] | Would that be true? | 是这样吗 | 
| [24:57] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [24:57] | Do you also advertise something | 你们是否还推销一种 | 
| [24:59] | called a frame flap | 叫做”安装框架”的东西 | 
| [25:00] | which can be bent into a receiver? | 它可以被改装成机匣? | 
| [25:02] | The context of that… | 我们的意思是… | 
| [25:03] | It’s a yes or no question. | 你只要回答”是”或”不是” | 
| [25:05] | Your Honour, I object. | 法官阁下 我反对 | 
| [25:06] | Overruled. | 反对无效 | 
| [25:07] | He should be allowed to finish his answers. | 他应该有权说完自己的回答 | 
| [25:08] | He’s being asked yes or no questions. | 律师的问题要求他只回答”是”或”不是” | 
| [25:11] | The objection is overruled. | 反对无效 | 
| [25:15] | Your company advertises these frame flaps, true or not true? | 你们公司推销这种”安装框架” 是不是 | 
| [25:18] | True. | 是的 | 
| [25:19] | You also supply your customers with an 800 telephone number | 你们还为顾客提供了一个800电话 | 
| [25:22] | they can call for assistance | 他们可以通过电话得到技术指导 | 
| [25:23] | in how to make a frame flap into a receiver? | 教他们怎样把”安装框架”改装成机匣 | 
| [25:26] | We have an 800 number that offers general assistance. | 我们有个800号码 提供一般性的技术指导 | 
| [25:29] | Assistance including how to | 包括如何把”安装框架” | 
| [25:30] | turn a frame flap into a receiver! | 改装成机匣的技术指导 | 
| [25:33] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [25:34] | If I were a convicted felon, | 如果我是个有前科的重罪犯 | 
| [25:35] | and I wanted a gun. | 我想要把枪 | 
| [25:37] | To avoid a background check, | 为了避开背景调查 | 
| [25:38] | I could order one of your gun kits, | 我可以订购一套枪支配件 | 
| [25:40] | order a frame flap, | 订购一个”安装框架” | 
| [25:42] | call you up, | 给你们打个电话 | 
| [25:43] | and you’d help me make the receiver. | 然后你们会教我怎样做机匣 | 
| [25:45] | There are a lot of law-abiding people, Mr Berluti, | Berluti先生 有许多遵纪守法的公民 | 
| [25:49] | who enjoy making their own guns. | 喜欢自己组装枪支 | 
| [25:54] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [25:57] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [26:04] | Why do you advertise | 你什么在广告中宣传 | 
| [26:05] | that the gun has a resistance to fingerprints? | 这种枪不容易留下指纹呢 | 
| [26:07] | Well, it refers to the moisture and oils on the hand, | 呃 它指的是手上的湿气和油脂 | 
| [26:11] | a moisture that can corrode the metal. | 这种湿气会腐蚀金属 | 
| [26:13] | We’re talking about a finish | 我们是在强调一种表面处理工艺 | 
| [26:15] | that goes to the gun’s wear and tear. | 可以减少枪支的磨损 | 
| [26:17] | It has nothing to do with avoiding police fingerprint detection. | 跟逃避警方的指纹侦查没有关系 | 
| [26:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [26:26] | Your ad doesn’t read resistance to | 你们的广告并没有提到 | 
| [26:28] | moisture which causes corrosion. | 防潮 防腐蚀 | 
| [26:30] | It reads resistance to fingerprints, right? | 只是说不容易留下指纹 对吧 | 
| [26:35] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [26:37] | He’s willing to continue without a finding. | 他同意延期 不做裁决 | 
| [26:39] | One year probation, | 一年缓刑 | 
| [26:40] | but if you move for a suppression hearing, | 但是如果你们申请排除非法证据 | 
| [26:42] | then he’s going to recommend a delinquent finding. | 他会建议法官判有罪 | 
| [26:44] | Oh, come on. | 哦 拜托 | 
| [26:45] | Bobby, they can make intent with this kid. | Bobby 他们能证明这孩子意图贩卖毒品 | 
| [26:48] | They’re offering probation. | 现在他们同意给缓刑 | 
| [26:49] | All I’m asking is that they don’t pull the offer | 我只要求在我们申请排除搜查的情况下 | 
| [26:51] | if we challenge the search. | 他们不要撤回辩诉交易 | 
| [26:52] | It’s policy, I… | 这是我们的原则 我… | 
| [26:54] | It’s Eugene’s son. | 他是Eugene的儿子 | 
| [26:55] | I understand, | 我明白 | 
| [26:57] | but, Bobby, | 但是 Bobby | 
| [26:58] | if we ever did that for you | 如果我们对你或者Eugene | 
| [27:00] | or Eugene, come on. | 给予特殊照顾 你想想 | 
| [27:01] | You know how this goes. | 你知道我们不能这么做 | 
| [27:03] | Why are you even blinking? | 你有什么好犹豫的 | 
| [27:05] | Just take the no finding | 赶快接受这个辩诉交易 | 
| [27:06] | and probation and be thankful. | 你们应该庆幸才是 | 
| [27:21] | I’m here to see Eugene. | 我来找Eugene | 
| [27:23] | And you would be? | 请问你是? | 
| [27:25] | Charles Best. Charles Best. | |
| [27:28] | Eugene paged me. | Eugene呼了我 | 
| [27:32] | Hey, Eugene. What’s up? | 嘿 Eugene 什么事 | 
| [27:37] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [27:43] | You still got Robby G running for you? | Robby G还在你手下做事吗 | 
| [27:46] | Why? | 怎么了 | 
| [27:49] | Is he in trouble again? | 他又惹麻烦了? | 
| [27:50] | I just need to know. | 我就是想知道 | 
| [27:54] | You can tell me. I’m your lawyer. | 你可以跟我说 我是你的律师 | 
| [27:59] | Yeah. He’s still on the payroll. | 是啊 他还在我手下 | 
| [28:03] | Now, are you gonna tell me what’s going on? | 现在 你可以告诉我是怎么回事了吧 | 
| [28:05] | Robby G hooked up with my son. | Robby G在找我儿子帮他干活 | 
| [28:07] | You running a school business, Charlie? | 你在学校里做业务吗 Charlie | 
| [28:09] | As of right now you’re out of the school business, | 从现在开始 你不能在学校里贩毒 | 
| [28:11] | you hear me? | 你听清楚了吗 | 
| [28:12] | Eugene… Eugene… | |
| [28:12] | I need a second | 我在谈事情 | 
| [28:13] | If I hear the slightest word that | 如果我听到一丁点消息 | 
| [28:14] | you’re anywhere near a school | 说你又跑到学校附近去 | 
| [28:15] | and I’ll let you know, | 我要你知道 | 
| [28:16] | I’m going straight to the cops | 我马上去找警方 | 
| [28:17] | with everything I got on you. | 把你所有的事情都告诉他们 | 
| [28:21] | Now, get out! | 现在 滚出去 | 
| [28:32] | Three seventy five? | 三十七万五千? | 
| [28:33] | It’s better than we ever hoped. | 比我们预料的还要好 | 
| [28:35] | Susan, Doug, I know. | Susan Doug 我知道 | 
| [28:38] | I know how much you want that public verdict. | 我知道你们多么想让陪审团判他们输 | 
| [28:40] | But you have to remember, in the beginning, | 但是你们别忘了 一开始的时候 | 
| [28:43] | Our goal was do well enough to force an offer. | 我们的目标就是逼迫他们和解 | 
| [28:45] | We’re here, | 我们已经做到了 | 
| [28:46] | we’ve got a great offer. | 他们开出了优厚的和解条件 | 
| [28:47] | You’re in debt, you can use this money. | 你们还欠着债 这笔钱对你们很有用 | 
| [28:49] | Trust me, I’m not thinking about our contingency here, | 相信我 我考虑的并不是我们的律师费 | 
| [28:52] | I’m thinking of you. | 我在替你们考虑 | 
| [28:53] | And I don’t doubt that, Lindsay. | 我相信你是为我们着想 Lindsay | 
| [28:55] | But we keep thinking of Lisa. | 但是我们一直想着Lisa | 
| [29:02] | Tell you what. | 这么着吧 | 
| [29:04] | We still have closing arguments, | 我们还没有做结案陈词 | 
| [29:05] | I don’t think the offer’s going anywhere. | 我相信他们不会马上收回和解条件 | 
| [29:07] | We’ll see where we are after summations. | 我们做完结案陈词再看形势怎么样 | 
| [29:09] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 好的 | 
| [29:12] | Sorry to be doing this to you. | 抱歉我不能接受你的建议 | 
| [29:14] | This is your case, mr Kimbrow, | 这是你们的案子 Kimbrow先生 | 
| [29:16] | not ours. | 不是我们的 | 
| [29:18] | Yup. | 对 | 
| [29:24] | Jimmy, I hate to put pressure on you, | Jimmy 我不想给你压力 | 
| [29:25] | but your closing has to be great. | 但是你的结案陈词必须非常棒 | 
| [29:27] | If for no other reason, | 即使不为别的 | 
| [29:28] | then to keep that offer on the table. | 至少要让他们不收回现在的和解条件 | 
| [29:32] | Thanks, Lindsay. | 谢谢 Lindsay | 
| [29:36] | We can’t risk it, Eugene. | 我们不能冒这个险 Eugene | 
| [29:38] | Probation puts him in the system. | 缓刑会让他进入登记系统 | 
| [29:40] | That means he’s reporting to case workers. | 意味着他必须向案件管理社工报道 | 
| [29:43] | Yes. For a year. | 是的 这一年之内 | 
| [29:44] | But if we challenge PC and lose, | 但是如果我们质疑”正当诉由”并且输掉 | 
| [29:47] | he’s branded a delinquent. | 他就会留下有罪判决的前科 | 
| [29:49] | That stays on his record for life. | 这个记录会跟随他一生 | 
| [29:51] | Every time he applies for a job… | 每次他去找工作… | 
| [29:52] | I can win at probable cause, I checked the case law. | 我能赢下”正当诉由” 我查过判例法 | 
| [29:55] | Eugene… Eugene… | |
| [29:56] | I can win it, Bobby. | 我能赢 Bobby | 
| [29:57] | I don’t want my kid put into the system | 我明明知道我能赢 | 
| [29:59] | when I know I can beat it. | 我不能让我的儿子进入登记系统 | 
| [30:03] | Eugene Eugene, | |
| [30:04] | we have a client here found with enough marijuana | 我们的当事人被发现持有大量的大麻 | 
| [30:07] | to warrant an intent to distribute conviction. | 他们可以证明意图贩卖毒品的罪名 | 
| [30:09] | We’ve been offered probation, | 现在他们同意缓刑 | 
| [30:11] | it would be malpractice of us to turn it down. | 如果我们拒绝了 那是执业过错 | 
| [30:18] | Let us help him as his lawyers. | 就让我们来做律师的工作 | 
| [30:20] | you help him as his father. | 你做好父亲的角色 | 
| [30:31] | Mr Berluti, we’ll hear from you. | Berluti先生 请做结案陈词 | 
| [30:38] | Something like ten percent | 在所有的高中生里面 | 
| [30:40] | of all high school kids have been shot at. | 大约有百分之十会遭到枪击 | 
| [30:42] | There are more licensed gun dealers | 在我们国家 持有牌照的枪支经销商 | 
| [30:45] | in this country than gas stations. | 比加油站还要多 | 
| [30:47] | Guns are all over. | 枪支遍地都是 | 
| [30:48] | Hey, second amendment, | 嘿 第二修正案嘛 | 
| [30:50] | red white and blue. Free country. | 美国精神 自由国度 | 
| [30:53] | Truth be told, I thought of getting one. | 老实说 我也想过要一把 | 
| [30:56] | Protect myself, in my home. | 保护我自己 保护我的家 | 
| [30:59] | My right. | 我的权利 | 
| [31:01] | But this, | 但是这个 | 
| [31:03] | this isn’t a self defence gun. | 这把枪不是用来自卫的 | 
| [31:05] | It’s a spray fire assault weapon. | 它是可以连续喷射的攻击性武器 | 
| [31:08] | Who do they make these for? | 他们制造这种枪是要卖给谁 | 
| [31:11] | Hunters, collectors, skeet shooters? | 猎人? 收藏家? 射击爱好者? | 
| [31:14] | They know who’s buying these things. | 他们知道买这些枪的都是什么人 | 
| [31:18] | Just like we all do. | 他们和我们大家一样清楚 | 
| [31:19] | And even if they claim not to know about the black market | 即便他们声称他们并不知道 | 
| [31:22] | those guns go almost directly into when they leave the shops, | 这些枪卖出去之后立即就会进入黑市 | 
| [31:26] | they can’t deny knowing about all these studies | 他们仍然没法否认他们知道 | 
| [31:29] | that say this is what’s happening. | 有很多与此有关的调查研究 | 
| [31:31] | Who are we kidding? | 开什么玩笑 | 
| [31:32] | They sell gun kits to beat the background checks. | 他们销售枪支配件 好绕开背景调查 | 
| [31:36] | They advertise | 他们在广告上说 | 
| [31:38] | resistance to fingerprints claiming oh, | 他们的枪不会留下指纹 他们还辩解说 | 
| [31:40] | it’s a moisture corrosion issue. | 他们的意思是可以避免湿气腐蚀 | 
| [31:43] | Do you really believe that? | 你们真的相信他吗 | 
| [31:46] | Do they really expect you to? | 他们真的指望你们相信吗 | 
| [31:49] | Guns don’t kill. People do. | 枪支不会杀人 杀人的是握枪的人 | 
| [31:52] | That’s a nice jingle. | 说起来好听 | 
| [31:54] | But when you promote assault weapons, | 但是当你推销攻击性武器 | 
| [31:58] | when you flood the market with them and gee, | 当你把它们大量投向市场 嘿 | 
| [32:00] | they go off in the hands of the very criminals | 犯罪分子拿着它们四处开火 | 
| [32:03] | you derive your profits from, | 正是这些犯罪分子贡献了你们的利润 | 
| [32:05] | you gotta take some responsibility. | 你必须为此承担一部分的责任 | 
| [32:08] | That’s all we’re asking, ladies and gentlemen. | 我们的要求仅止于此 女士们先生们 | 
| [32:10] | We’re not in here calling them murderers. | 我们并不指责他们是杀人凶手 | 
| [32:13] | We’re just saying it’s foreseeable | 我们只是说 他们可以预见到 | 
| [32:16] | that there’s a black market for these guns. | 这些枪会流入黑市 | 
| [32:18] | It’s foreseeable | 他们可以预见到 | 
| [32:20] | where these guns will eventually end up. | 这些枪最终会落到谁手上 | 
| [32:24] | It’s foreseeable | 他们可以预见到 | 
| [32:25] | that people will use these guns to kill. | 会有人利用这些枪去杀人 | 
| [32:28] | Foreseeable that | 可以预见到 | 
| [32:30] | people like Lisa Kimbrow will end up dead. | 像Lisa Kimbrow这样的人会成为受害者 | 
| [32:38] | Who’s buying these things? | 是谁在买这些东西? | 
| [32:43] | Just a little responsibility. | 只要承担一部分的责任 | 
| [32:48] | That’s all we ask. | 这就是我们的全部要求 | 
| [33:02] | Every thirteen seconds, | 每十三秒钟 | 
| [33:04] | an American gun owner uses a firearm | 就有一位美国的持枪人使用枪支 | 
| [33:07] | to defend against a criminal. | 保护自己 制止犯罪 | 
| [33:10] | He didn’t mention that | 他在结案陈词的时候 | 
| [33:11] | in his closing, did he? | 没有提到这一点 是吧 | 
| [33:14] | The TAC-10, as the testimony revealed, | TAC-10 正如证人所指出的 | 
| [33:17] | is viable for both self defence and recreation. | 可以用于自卫 可以用于休闲 | 
| [33:21] | He forgot to touch on that as well. | 这一点他也忘了提 | 
| [33:24] | My client never met the man | 我的当事人从来没有见过 | 
| [33:25] | who shot and killed Lisa Kimbrow. | 枪杀Lisa Kimbrow的凶手 | 
| [33:27] | There is no evidence to suggest | 也没有证据证明 | 
| [33:30] | that this person ever saw | 这个凶手曾经看到过 | 
| [33:32] | Pearson Herron’s advertising. | Pearson Herrow的广告 | 
| [33:34] | There’s no case here. | 原告的诉讼没有任何依据 | 
| [33:35] | Man uses a weapon to kill somebody, | 凶手使用武器杀了人 | 
| [33:38] | let’s sue the person who made the weapon, | 我们来告那个生产武器的人 | 
| [33:40] | that’s what they’re saying. | 他们就是这么干的 | 
| [33:41] | Well, then, if somebody gets stabbed, | 好啊 如果有人被刀子捅了 | 
| [33:43] | let’s sue the cutlery manufacturer. | 我们来告刀子的生产商 | 
| [33:45] | Drunk driver hits someone, sue Chrysler. | 醉酒司机撞了人 告克莱斯勒 | 
| [33:48] | Man bludgeons somebody with a baseball bat, | 凶手用棒球拍打伤了人 | 
| [33:50] | sue Louisville Slugger. | 告路易斯维尔 | 
| [33:52] | Woman gets poisoned, sue the pharmaceutical company. | 女人被人下毒 告药品生产商 | 
| [33:54] | There’s a deep deep pocket | 每样工具的背后都有个非常 | 
| [33:55] | behind every instrument, isn’t there? | 非常有钱的主儿 不是吗 | 
| [33:58] | Like automobiles and baseball bats and carving knives, | 就像汽车 棒球拍 刀子一样 | 
| [34:02] | guns, when used as directed, are safe. | 只要按照指示使用 枪支是安全的 | 
| [34:07] | A vast majority of gun owners are law abiding people | 绝大多数枪支的持有人是守法公民 | 
| [34:09] | who use them safely. | 他们安全地使用枪支 | 
| [34:11] | I agree this case really | 我同意 这个案子事实上 | 
| [34:12] | is about responsibility. | 是关于责任承担的 | 
| [34:14] | We’re becoming this litigious nation | 我们正在变成一个喜欢无端兴讼的国家 | 
| [34:17] | where every time a tragedy occurs | 每当有不幸事件发生的时候 | 
| [34:19] | we find a deep pocket to sue. | 我们都会找个有钱的主儿来告 | 
| [34:22] | Ray Brown killed Lisa Kimbrow, | 是Ray Brown杀害了Lisa Kimbrow | 
| [34:25] | not Pearson Herron. | 不是Pearson Herron | 
| [34:28] | Responsibility means going after the ones responsible. | 责任承担意味着追究有责任的人 | 
| [34:35] | And not just the ones with the money. | 而不是追究有钱的人 | 
| [34:50] | I hope you know the bullet you dodged. | 我希望你明白你有多么侥幸 | 
| [34:52] | You also better know, | 你最好还要知道 | 
| [34:53] | you get arrested again, | 如果你再次被逮捕 | 
| [34:54] | this case comes alive again. | 这个案子就会重新启动 | 
| [34:56] | And you get a guilty finding | 你会被判罪名成立 | 
| [34:58] | which labels you a delinquent for the rest… | 你就是个有犯罪前科的人 伴随你… | 
| [35:00] | you look at me | 你看着我 | 
| [35:02] | the rest of your life. | 伴随你今后的一生 | 
| [35:06] | First, you’re grounded… | 首先 你被禁足 | 
| [35:07] | You’re grounding me at Mom’s? | 你把我关在我妈这里? | 
| [35:09] | Keep your mouth shut. | 你闭嘴 | 
| [35:11] | Second, I want you at my office this afternoon. | 第二 我要你今天下午到我办公室去 | 
| [35:14] | I want you to look Bobby, | 我要你去当着Bobby | 
| [35:15] | Ellenor and Rebecca all in the eye | Ellenor和Rebecca的面 | 
| [35:17] | and thank them for devoting | 感谢他们过去的一整天 | 
| [35:18] | the last twenty-four hours to you. | 都在为你的事奔波 | 
| [35:20] | Third, | 第三 | 
| [35:23] | part of my anger at you | 我之所以生气 | 
| [35:25] | comes from fear, Kendall. | 部分原因是因为我害怕 Kendall | 
| [35:28] | This thing has scared me like… | 这件事把我吓坏了 就像… | 
| [35:31] | As angry as I am at you, | 不管我有多么生气 | 
| [35:32] | I know we gotta do something. | 我知道我们必须有所行动 | 
| [35:35] | I’m signing us both up for | 我给我们俩报名参加了 | 
| [35:36] | a drug awareness program, | 毒品危害宣传项目 | 
| [35:37] | and I hope your mom will come too. | 我希望你妈妈也一起来参加 | 
| [35:44] | You can see I’m angry, | 你看见我很生气 | 
| [35:48] | but I hope you also see | 但是我希望你也看到 | 
| [35:54] | I love you. | 我爱你 | 
| [36:00] | Kendall, go to your room. | Kendall 到你房间去 | 
| [36:03] | I’m not quite done here. | 我还没说完呢 | 
| [36:04] | Kendall, go to your room. | Kendall 到你房间去 | 
| [36:06] | I need to talk to your father. | 我有事跟你爸商量 | 
| [36:20] | I don’t want him going to your office. | 我不想让他去你的办公室 | 
| [36:22] | I don’t like what goes on there, | 我不喜欢你们从事的工作 | 
| [36:24] | I don’t like what he learns there. | 我不想让他在那里受到不良影响 | 
| [36:25] | You’re blaming me? | 你是在责怪我吗 | 
| [36:26] | I don’t want him there. | 我不想让他过去 | 
| [36:31] | Six hundred? | 六十万? | 
| [36:33] | Their jury consultants must be worried. | 他们的陪审团顾问肯定很担心 | 
| [36:35] | Six hundred thousand dollars? | 六十万美元? | 
| [36:37] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [36:38] | I can’t believe it. | 真是难以置信 | 
| [36:39] | Doug Susan Doug, Susan, | |
| [36:40] | in my opinion, this is like an admission of blame. | 依我看 这就相当于承认了责任 | 
| [36:44] | Obviously, you think we should take it. | 看来 你觉得我们应该接受 | 
| [36:47] | I can’t see how we can’t. | 我看不出有什么理由不接受 | 
| [36:50] | You think so too? | 你也建议我们接受吗 | 
| [36:51] | Actually, no. | 事实上 我不建议 | 
| [36:53] | It’s just…what? | 只是…什么 | 
| [36:55] | I think your closing hit the mark, Jimmy. | 我觉得你的结案陈词抓住了关键 Jimmy | 
| [36:57] | So do they, so do their consultants. | 他们也知道 他们的顾问也知道 | 
| [36:59] | And if it’s a judgement for the plaintiff, | 如果陪审团判原告胜诉 | 
| [37:01] | it’ll have to more than six hundred. | 那么赔偿金额肯定会超过六十万 | 
| [37:04] | Now you think we should go for it? | 你现在觉得我们应该让陪审团判? | 
| [37:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [37:08] | Six hundred thousand dollars is a lot of money. | 六十万是很大一笔钱 | 
| [37:11] | I wouldn’t be quick to turn it down, | 我不会不假思索地拒绝 | 
| [37:13] | but my gut says we’ll get more. | 但是直觉告诉我 我们可以赢得更多 | 
| [37:15] | But, the judge could throw it out, | 但是 法官可能会推翻陪审团判决 | 
| [37:17] | just like in the powerlines case. | 就像上次那个高压线的案子 | 
| [37:18] | He just threw it out. | 他推翻了陪审团判决 | 
| [37:20] | Well, he didn’t grant the directed verdict. | 他没有批准直接的判决 | 
| [37:21] | The New York verdict didn’t get thrown out. | 纽约州的那个判决就没有被法官推翻 | 
| [37:27] | It’s your decision. | 你们自己拿主意 | 
| [37:30] | -Honey, -Um. | -亲爱的 -嗯 | 
| [37:31] | six hundred is more than we know what to do with. | 六十万我们已经花不完了 | 
| [37:34] | Why get greedy? | 为什么要贪心呢 | 
| [37:36] | Coz we want a verdict. | 因为我要陪审团判决 | 
| [37:38] | And if she thinks we can get one… | 既然她觉得我们能赢得更多… | 
| [37:42] | We’re broke. Are you sure? | 我们已经破产了 你确定吗 | 
| [37:46] | We started this for Lisa. | 我们是为了Lisa才打这个官司的 | 
| [37:49] | Let’s finish for her. | 我们要为她打完 | 
| [37:54] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 | 
| [37:56] | No. | 不确定 | 
| [38:09] | Sharon? You wanna go in my office? | Sharon 你要不去我的办公室吧 | 
| [38:13] | Yeah | 好 | 
| [38:15] | No, wait. | 不 等等 | 
| [38:19] | I told my lawyer I could handle this, | 我跟我的律师说我可以自己处理 | 
| [38:20] | but I forgot to ask whether I needed witnesses to do this. | 但是我忘了问他我需不需要见证人 | 
| [38:24] | To do what? | 见证什么 | 
| [38:26] | To serve you with this petition. | 向你送达这个传票 | 
| [38:34] | Change child custody? | 变更孩子监护权? | 
| [38:35] | I don’t think you’ve been | 我觉得你没有对Kendall的 | 
| [38:36] | a positive influence in Kendall’s life. | 成长发挥正面的影响 | 
| [38:38] | I’m willing to agree to | 我可以同意你 | 
| [38:39] | some very limited supervised visitation, | 在严格监视的情况下探视 | 
| [38:41] | but that’s it. | 但是仅此而已 | 
| [38:42] | You wanna deny me access to my own son? | 你要阻止我跟我儿子在一起? | 
| [38:44] | You saw that tape, Eugene. | 你自己也看了那个录影带 Eugene | 
| [38:46] | He learned what he learned… | 他从哪里学来的… | 
| [38:53] | Maybe we should go to your office. | 也许我们还是去你办公室吧 | 
| [39:07] | I’m sorry to do this. | 对不起我不得不这么做 | 
| [39:09] | You think it’s in his interest | 你觉得剥夺我的共同监护权 | 
| [39:11] | to deny me joint custody. | 是为了他好? | 
| [39:12] | I do. | 是的 | 
| [39:15] | Look, I know what you do is important work. | 我知道你所从事的是很有价值的工作 | 
| [39:20] | But to him, | 但是对他来说 | 
| [39:22] | when you make drug dealers defendable, | 当你为毒贩辩护的时候 | 
| [39:25] | you make them excusable. | 他就觉得贩毒是正当的 | 
| [39:26] | It’s not that simple, Sharon. | 不是那么简单 Sharon | 
| [39:34] | You can’t be laying this on me. | 你不能这么对我 | 
| [39:39] | It may be unfair, | 这或许不公平 | 
| [39:42] | but I gotta go with my instinct. | 但是我必须听从自己的直觉 | 
| [39:46] | I don’t like what he’s becoming around you. | 我不喜欢他在你这里学到的东西 | 
| [39:52] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [40:24] | The clerk will read the verdict. | 请书记员宣读判决 | 
| [40:30] | On question one, was the defendant negligent | 第一个问题 被告在产品的营销 | 
| [40:33] | in the marketing, advertising and distribution of its product, | 广告推广和销售过程中是否存在过失 | 
| [40:37] | we answer | 我们判定 | 
| [40:39] | yes. | 是 | 
| [40:39] | On question two, | 第二个问题 | 
| [40:41] | was the negligence of the defendant | 被告的过失 | 
| [40:43] | an approximate cause of the injuries and death, | 是否可以视为伤亡的原因 | 
| [40:47] | answer | 我们判定 | 
| [40:48] | yes. | 是 | 
| [40:50] | Question three, | 第三个问题 | 
| [40:51] | what amount of damages will fairly compensate the survivors, | 对生者进行合理赔偿的金额是多少 | 
| [40:55] | answer | 我们判定 | 
| [40:56] | seven million dollars. | 七百万美元 | 
| [41:01] | The court has found for the plaintiff. | 法庭判决原告胜诉 | 
| [41:05] | The defendant notes its appeal for the record. | 被告正式提出上诉 | 
| [41:09] | The jury is dismissed with the thanks of the court, | 陪审团解散 法庭感谢你们的工作 | 
| [41:11] | we’re adjourned. | 休庭 | 
| [41:15] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 | 
| [41:17] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说些什么 | 
| [41:18] | Me neither. | 我也是 | 
| [41:23] | Jimmy, you did it. You did it. | Jimmy 你成功了 你成功了 | 
| [41:25] | And the judge didn’t throw it out. | 法官没有推翻判决 | 
| [41:26] | I didn’t hear him throw it out. | 我没有听到他推翻判决 | 
| [41:28] | He didn’t throw it out. | 他没有推翻判决 | 
| [41:29] | Did they say seven million? | 他们说的是七百万吗 | 
| [41:30] | Yeah. | 是的 | 
| [41:31] | I think I’m gonna fall over. | 我觉得我快要晕倒了 | 
| [41:32] | Can you hold me up just another second? | 可不可以再扶我一会 | 
| [41:34] | Don’t throw up on me. | 可别吐在我身上 | 
| [41:36] | Oh, I won’t do that, no. | 哦 不会的 不会的 | 
| [41:38] | The judge didn’t throw it out? | 法官没有推翻判决? | 
| [41:39] | He didn’t throw it out. | 他没有推翻判决 | 
| [41:40] | Coz I didn’t hear him throw it out. | 我没有听到他推翻判决 | 
| [41:50] | Seven million dollars? | 七百万美元? | 
| [41:51] | Yeah, that’s what he said. | 对 他是这么说的 | 
| [41:52] | Have you talked to Lindsay? | 你问过Lindsay没有 | 
| [41:53] | Sometimes Jimmy gets things wrong. | Jimmy有时候会犯糊涂 | 
| [41:55] | It’s seven million. | 真的是七百万 | 
| [41:56] | I don’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 | 
| [41:58] | Is this the first plaintiff’s verdict? | 这是不是第一次陪审团判原告胜诉 | 
| [41:59] | Second, don’t forget the New York case. | 第二次 别忘了纽约州的那个案子 | 
| [42:01] | He’s gonna wanna be made partner now. | 他现在想升合伙人了吧 | 
| [42:02] | Woah, | 哇 | 
| [42:02] | I think he should | 我觉得他有这个资格 | 
| [42:03] | Is he gonna get a commission off of this? | 他这个案子可以收一大笔律师费吧 | 
| [42:05] | I’m just curious. | 我有点好奇 | 
| [42:06] | He’s also gonna be making more money than me this year. | 他今年会比我挣的还要多 |